HP Customer Service

Contact HP Corporate

Welcome to the HP complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against HP online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the HP corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with HP?

File a complaint here!

Reach HP Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team
  • HP corporate office

Top HP Complaints

I purchased a laptop from Harvey Norman in Australia. The HP Laptop was sold with a copy of Windows 8 Home Premium. On 25 day/ 5 Month/ 2016, you "Microsoft" decided to upgrade this HP Laptop to Windows 10 Home edition. I have now removed this copy of Windows 10, and I would like to remind you that You have now attempted to steal the original copy of Windows 8 that was installed on this HP Laptop. The copy of Windows 10 that you tried to upgrade it with was only Window 10 Home.

That is a direct Downgrade of the original Operation System that was Purchased with this HP Laptop. You are playing with the law's of ownership, and as you don't own this copy of Windows 8 Home Premium, the are able to be accused of theft. If we decided to BUY a copy of Windows 10, it would be Windows 10 Home Premium, NOT Windows 10 Home. So until "WE" decide to upgrade, unless you are providing updates.

Comment (0)

I purchased Laptop Model 15-ac-137cl, Serial No. CND5301DKC. Firstly I am a Senior (80), and I admit to a limited knowledge of Computers, though I have used HP Equipment over a good many years, about 20, and I have never run in to the difficulties as I have with this model, perhaps it is out of my league. Not long after purchase, I had the Technical Support go through the process of rectifying problems, took quite a time, and was not cheap. It went for a short while, since then it has deteriorated to the extent I would dump it, if I could afford it, and for the first time go for a different make.

Firstly, though it says I am connected to our HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printer, it keeps deciding not to print, unless I want to everything on an IPad, which we have. 3 Days ago, I could print a Emails, Purchases and such without problem, after once again to a family member, working with twcny, I could go to the 3 dots, top right, go dowb to print and success, now it comes up showing the printer connection is available, press print, nothing happens to result in a print. I found it impossible to call up items on the file to print.

To say that I am no longer satisfied with your product, to me, the Windows 10, was the start. I do not expect anything to happen from your end, again I will go to the son, when I have the opportunity to make the journey.
I do not expect any reply, but at least I have the satisfaction of telling you what I think of your product and I will wait until I am able to find a product that will meet my simple needs. I also admit my age does not help, but perhaps you should think about it, not all are Technical wizards, though I managed to complete 39.5 years in the Royal Air Force (UK).

Comment (0)

I purchased a HP 7 calling tablet from your online market, it is good and using very well. I ordered the flip cover for the tablet HP 7 on 13th April, 2016. I get a delivery for the item on 21st April, 2016. On that day I when I tried to fit the tablet with the flip cover it would not fit because it was the flip cover of HP 7 slate flip cover which is quite shorter than the HP 7 I bought. Thence I returned online and requested for the refund. The return and refund request responded from your site and a message sent to me that pick-up will made within 1-2 days and refund would be initiated then.

Pick-up time delayed may be of assembly election in kolkata and surrounding district, I think. I am a lecturer of a engineering college and the item delivered to me in my college, not only this item but the previous items also. Today I got a phone call from a number (+91-9804725887) he ask me for the return of the flip cover but he want to back half km. distance apart from my college campus, it will not possible for me to return back the item in college hours. But after all it was very embarrassing for me that I got a item in my favorable place but have to return in other place. Please find out the solution and send me a mail to the given address.

Comment (0)

We bought an HP Envy Laptop computer didn't use it for year and 1/2 because we didn't like windows 8.1 took it to Best Buy to have it upgraded to Windows 10. Brought it home didn't use it for 4 Months because we use our Mac went to turn it on and it wouldn't start. Took it back to Best Buy to have it fixed they sent it in for repairs we were told it cost $300 to fix it because the mother board was out. After only 3 Hours of actual use that's pretty bad and poor quality. Will not buy another Hewitt Packard.

Comment (0)

I purchased an HP laptop computer last Friday. I have had multiple problems with set up regarding Windows 10 and Office. I spent several hours over the week-end using troubleshooter, etc. but could not resolve issues. Microsoft was closed when I called Sunday evening. I called today and spoke to an agent in the Office Dept. She transferred me to Windows (by the way, you should have tech people who know both Windows 10 and Office). I spoke to the Office rep and was very calm even though quite frustrated. Actually, I was quite pleasant. Either she hung up on me or we were disconnected. At this point, I plan to return my Windows computer and buy an Apple product.

Comment (0)

I bought this computer on February 9, 2016. From the first day, I have had problems with it. To begin with, when I registered the told me the warranty had expired. It took two weeks to get that straight. From the beginning, I have been unable to maintain an internet connection. I cannot set up a home group or network that the computer recognizes. You representative basically told me "too bad, I've done all I can do." I am very unhappy with this product (HP15 TS Notebook PC; CND429374; J8P60UA#ABA) and would return it to the place of purchase if it were possible.

I am very unhappy with HP's response to these problems and will let it be known how I was treated. Very shabby! What the agent basically told me was that the computer was able to connect to the internet and that was all he could do. I will never purchase another HP product, nor will I recommend HP to anyone. I have spent money on a paperweight that does me no good at all.

Comment (0)

Just venting: I recently downloaded the Windows 10 upgrade (after months of nagging popups telling me to download it) and it really created a huge number of problems on my HP laptop. I called HP customer service 2 days ago and after 3 hours we were able to get my laptop to almost work to the point before the download. I had to give up a few things that were deleted in the fix. And lost the password I had used for the past year and had to reset it via my cell phone (tiny screen) not an easy to do process.

Then today I couldn't open the Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle game to open that came free with my HP laptop when I purchased it. So I tried all the options that were suggested on the internet and none of them worked. So I called your customer service number today and they wouldn't help me unless I agreed to pay over $100 of one of two options for a service agreement to have them see if they could fix it. Why should I pay for something caused by windows 10 upgrade? Not going to happen.

Comment (0)

I have a complaint about HP customer service number that I called last week, regarding the HP OFficejet Pro X476 dw MFP Series, a $599.00 Printer with a problem. Spent at least 15-20 hrs on HP Help line to no avail. No matter what you say to the HP Help line they don't listen. they want to turn you over to a tech who keeps you on the line for hours for a problem they know they can't fix. The printer had a Hardware Problem which I found out two days later that there are no Parts for (8190014). Once more what bothers me the most is that We had a warranty for one year from HP and staples bought a two year contract when we bought the printer on Feb 06/2014 but they say we are not under warranty. Please let me know if we can resolve this problem somehow. I have to buy a new computer because HP will not help me out in anyway.

Comment (0)

I have a scanning problem on my new HP LaserJet M277. I called the support line at 800-334-5144 and got a message that a specialist will be available in 10 minutes. I have been waiting for over one hour with no response. It seems like HP printer support line from Calcutta , India is horrid. HP should cancel the off shore contract and get it back into the USA. When I try to scan any documents I get the attached message. I have bought a 3 year Carepack contract. I would like to return this printer if support is of such a bad level. It is a very bad reflection on HP. I was forced to write my complaint to both Better Business Bureau and also to Consumer Complaint board. In my opinion the whole Indian team should be fired

Comment (0)

Purchased laptop on 9-23-15 on line by debit card last four ending in 4009. Plainly said delivery 3-5 days over seas shipment add one day, but I didn't receive laptop until 10-08-15. Got lost and went to another country before I received it. Total cost was 442.40. the laptop completely quit working on 11-9 called the company for return and told them I was leaving go out of town all way across the us and wouldn't return until 11-16 said would call me back.

They called me on 11-12 while I was on Vegas strip too late for me to ship then before I left. So I called back on 11-16 when I returned home explained all this to a supervisor (from day one since 9-23) he was very nice said as new as that laptop is and the problems you have experienced your laptop will be repaired for sure at no expense. After they received it said it had been wet possibly could have been after where all its been I don't know but hasn't been wet in my possession. I have argued and argued with them will not comply.

Comment (0)

Hi, back in Oct 2015 I was informed that tech support will assist in troubleshooting into my desktop computer and I pay $54.61 and was told I would be refunded if they were unable to assist but was assured they could assist if someone if at all possible if a supervisor or manager can contact me back and assist me as promised.

Comment (0)

Here's the story, hoping it might help you fix the issues and relieve me of some of my exasperation: I was fine and happy with Windows 7 but kept getting pop-ups encouraging me to download a "free" version of W 10. Big mistake! Right away, I lost my printer/fax and backup to Seagate, along with some other minor glitches. The solitaire and other games were a definite disappointment with poorer quality of design and intuitive responses. Since my machine was about 3 years-old, and was having problems with the HP software.

I decide to buy a new HP computer rather than try and re-install W 7, due to the difficulty with backing up needed files and replacing programs. I've been to the "Geek squad" twice and have another appt. today, since I have still not been able to reinstall the HP software. The comp. doesn't seem to recognize that the printer is on so, won't finish the process. I have heard numerous other stories about W 10 and no one seems happy about it, except maybe those getting extra business from it so, in short, this has been a whole rather expensive ordeal for me simply because of your advertising harassment and me falling for it. You should NEVER be promoting a product with all the problems I've been hearing about and, if I had much money, would consider a lawsuit.

Comment (0)

Finding myself needing a new printer, in February 2015, I looked at a number of makes and models. Amongst which I liked most a Hewlett Packard one but it was a bit over my budget. However, I found mention of a £40 Cash back offer if I bought direct from HP, although there was conflicting information online as to when the offer ended. Some pages said 31 January, some said 30 April.

At this point the complexities of dealing with HP should have warned me off. If you look for information on their web pages you find yourself going round and round in circles, likewise, if you try to find out how to contact them. Eventually, I found a suitable phone number whose operative confirmed the offer had been extended to 30 April, and I was given another number to call for re-confirmation.

I ordered the HP printer as it was now more affordable to me. Delivery was prompt, and I heeded the advice to register it, doing this the following day. No invoice was received, I had to email HP to ask for one, and there was no further information about the Cash back, but I felt sure I would be contacted. When this did not happen, I uneasily searched again for information online, where I found nothing concrete, just vague suggestions that one had up to 60 days to claim.

Eventually, I started sending emails of enquiry to HP. The replies to these always directed me to different departments until one day I was given the phone number for printer cash back, where a man told me I should have registered for the Cash back. The one I had completed was just to register the product, it seems. This was news to me, but there was little response to my remark that my psychic powers must have deserted me. (I must add here that I have not spoken to anyone on a HP phone number whose first language was English.)

Following his advice, I emailed full details which, I was told, would be presented to the head of department for consideration. By return of email 5 days later, I was informed there were "rules and regulations to the promotion" as detailed in an attached 5-page pdf of T&Cs, and I had not met the terms of contract as I was now outside the registration period. My further email of protest has not been replied to, they appear to have chosen to ignore it.

So don't be taken in by any such offer, take the higher price as being what the goods will cost you, for it is my opinion that they intentionally set out to make it as difficult as possible for you to get any Cash back.

Comment (0)

I purchased a HP computer Computer plus a monitor on Nov 26, 2012. There ad states"Buy any PC, get a free Nook Simple Touch". There only condition was the purchase of a qualifying system. The finer details did not state cannot be combined with other offers. In the details of the fine print, the Offer runs from Nov 25 to Dec 8, 2012, it seemed pretty straight forword - buy a PC get a Nook. It is only at the cart stage of the purchase, when I entered my discount coupon code, the cash discount was accepted, but now I was being charged $99 for the Nook because the coupon coupon can not be combined w/any other offer. The source of the coupon code (CNET cyber deals) did not identify restrictions. The fine print on HP web site certainly did not identify restrictions, because after all it is deemed their "GIFT" to you for a purchase of a computer. I met my side of the deal, how about HP provide there gift according to the terms of their offer. Otherwise don't call it a "GIFT". I did contact HP and they deemed my coupon as a gift. No I stated the coupon is a "Promotion".

Comment (0)

Was on te phone for over a hour and transferred 10 different times after giving the session number they provided and could not access. Was even transferred to the printer department when I called about my desk top. then was told it is my IP address. this is totally unacceptable. Internet provider has never heard of such a thing ever. As it stands right now I will never by another HP computer or product in the future.

Comment (0)

This is to inform HP that even tho I'm just one person, I will never buy another HP product of any kind. I don,t know what people or country you have
your products mfg, but it doesn't matter. Its all junk as far as I'm concerned. This is my second problem I have had with your so called Energy Star
printers and all in one products. You would think that you people would get the picture of making good quality products. You are just like that bunch of fools in DC. Led by a fool with a secret adgenda and surrounded by other fools trying to captilize on that adgenda. HP was once noted for being the
leading mfg. of electronic devices and research. By the list of complaints I read say to me, Its time for you people to give up. Nobody, and I mean nobody
likes to buy products that are advertized to do wonders and fail after a couple of uses. Even tho its no big deal, this will be the last time I will ever
complain to you about your products. Good Luck!

Comment (0)

I have a 3 year extended warranty on an HP printer. The printer developped a fault. I called HP who replaced it within 48hrs. HP told me to remove the old ink cartridges and the lead cable and send back everything else once I receive the replacement printer. When the courier delivered the replacement printer I gave them the faulty one. When the courier left I realised that the duplexer unit was not included with the replacement printer. I phoned HP customer servive who told me I would have one delivered within 10 days. It did not come. I phoned them again they said 14 days. It did not come.

I phone again and they said 14 working days. It did not come. I phone on 5 January 2012 and now I am told that they shall order the part today and it is going to take 10 days before I can get it.

I am so frustrated and angry that all these people cannot sort out a simple problem. I feel like I am talking to a computer. Each person apologising but doing nothing to sort my problem out. The printer is sitting there but I cannot do anything with it. Almost all my equipment I have is HP but I have decided that I WILL never again touch their equipment as the after sale service is just the worst i have ever come accross.

Comment (0)

I have a dv6-3267 laptop that I can ot get the video driver updated. i can search the web andfind an updated driver from the manufacturer, but cannot dowload, says it is due to a customized os. I am running the original os loaded on the machine, windows 7 64 bit. You hp support assistant is useless, as it does not detect an outdated driver.

Comment (0)

15 January 2013. Dear Sir / Madam, I ONLY type letters in BLACK ink. However,when using the HP Deskjet 3520 , I have to load the YELLOW,BLUE and MAGENTA cartridges in addition to the BLACK.

My 3520 does NOT function unless I also load into it ALL four (4) cartridges. This an utter waste to me. Please ,PLEASE ,PLEASE let me know how to program my 3520 so as to ONLY use ink from the BLACK cartridge .

It is NOT acceptable that my business letters show COLOURS on it.

I do NOT need and I do NOT want any colour on my letters. Q. How can I achieve this on my DESKJET 3520 ? Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

Comment (0)

To whom it may concern, Here is my complaint #7502548389. I purchased my HP dv 9910 four years ago. It was fine until about 2 years agao, once in a while the computer would turn on, however have no screen to view. The last couple of weeks, its gotten worse...I took it to a repair facility and was told there was a video card recall called "HP limited service enhancement".

I called and spoke with this manager Hector (ext. 08) and within ten minutes of our phone call, told me YES there was a recal, buts its now expired and cannot help me. Whay was I not notified two years ago of this, he stated that because HP did not have my email address. That is bull crap...I called in and registered ny computer as soon as I received it, I even had a case # for a computer problem that I had when I first purchased it.

Plus, how about a letter telling me that there was a recall??? If ws as informed of this, then I would not be stiiting here two years later...I expect a phone call back to discus this, or I will be taking my complaint to the local news station. If there was a recall, which HECTOR and MUIN both confirmned this today, then I should have been notified. Aslo, Hector was telling to contact the video card company, this customer service manager is not looking out for us, the consumers.

Comment (0)

I have had a HP Deskjet 6500A Plus since May 2011. It has never worked exactly right. Half the time it wouldn't print. When it did print it was a good print. I could never make copies. About two weeks ago it went offline for no apparent reason. I had it looked at by someone who knows computers and printers and he said I should call you. I was on the phone for 1 hour Friday and again today. I could hardly understand your representative and she couldn't
understand me and I had to yell for her to hear me. Finally, she said HP would send me new ink cartridges and the printer would work fine.

I find this hard to believe. The ink cartridges have good levels and the black one is new. I told her I wanted a new printer and she ignored me. I always thought HP was a really good company but at this point I'm really disappointed. The same troubleshooting methods were used both days. I became so frustrated and angry that I had to hang up. I certainly you can give me some satisfaction.

Comment (0)

Had continuous problems with the ink cartridges I ordered. My printer kept saying there was a problem with the color cartridge. I would go in my printer and shake it and then I could print black & white (which is all I ever print). But, today, I needed to print a map from Yahoo and when it came out it was not legable. The color cartridge never worked. I only now found out. I'm very dissappointed because of the expense of the cartridges. Thought you would want to know.

Comment (0)

I have an Officejet 4500 that is about 6 months old. I recently bought an Asus Laptop on Oct 36th, with Windows 8. I couldn't get it to work with my new laptop, so I called Hewlett Packard. The technician was with me on the phone for 4 hours. I have a Belkind.48 wireless router, and my laptop had wireless internet service. The wireless connection worked fine. I gave the tech control of my computer, and he got the printer working only if it was plugged into my laptop. I told him that I wanted it wireless, so he went into my computer, and did something that caused the laptop to stop connecting to the wireless. Now I have no wireless connection for my laptop, thus no internet. I keep getting the error message saying that my laptop is connected to the router, but that my laptop wasn't assigned a valid IP address.

Hopefully he will call back as he said he would, but he told me that without the internet service, he couldn't fix the problem. He did something that messed up the wireless connection with my laptop. While I know that Hewlett Packard does not offer support for equipment from other companies, I feel that it is your responsibility to fix this as it was your technician trying to fix my HP printer that messed it up. I don't see why I should have to pay a tech to fix this. I have had a bad deal with an HP laptop years ago that caught fire and burned up. The second laptop I had, the plug melted, now this. The tech never gave me a case number or anything---he spoke with a foreign accent.

Comment (0)

So wife got an HP Envy 17 and the Premium Support (Part U0H98A - HP 3 y Premium Svc w/Accident Damage Protection 3 day On-site LoJack 3mo SmartFriend Select Notebook) and while I have had multiple chats and phone calls no one seems to know of or how to reach the "Front-of-the-queue access to HP North America-based technical support is available between 6 a.m. to midnight Mountain Standard Time, Monday through Saturday."

So after one 3.5 hour marathon session with a couple escalations I finally get a part (because they can send only one at a time) and four days later I do the replacement since no technician has called to set up the service.

Comment (0)

To whom it may concern: Complaint about HP printer warranty claims and high number of defective units. Infotech Computer Sales & Services is leading computer shop in Northern Namibia, and we sell a wide variety of computer hardware and software. We also provide technical support and services. Over the last two and half years, we started to get a lot of comebacks on our HP inkjet range of printers. The problems range from paper feed errors, paper pickup problems, cartridge errors, scangear problems, etc. Some of the printers was DOA, but we still had to send them to the warranty centre, with a turn-around time of not less than three weeks.

In the mean time we have to replace the printer for the client with a new one, and when we get the “Replacement unit” back, we have to sell if off as a second hand or “demo” unit, because it was opened and the cartridges installed. If it’s not a DOA unit, the client also have to wait for at least three weeks, sometimes for more than a month, even two months for a unit to be repaired/replaced, which is totally unacceptable. We had about 4 cases where we had to send a unit back immediately after it had been repaired/replaced. Every time we have to pay the couriers fees for sending it back and forth to the warranty centre. All of this led to big profit losses on HP printers. According to the warranty centre there are always delays and they always wait for parts from HP.

We are now advising our clients to rather buy Canon printers, because we have about 2% warranty claims on Canon printers and the turn-around time is maximum one week, and DOA printers are replaced with brand new, unopened units. In order for us to sell HP printers at a profit we have to push up our profit margins to 75%+, which makes it to expensive to buy. Currently the only HP warranty centre in Namibia does not take in new warranty claims, because of the big back-log on claims currently with them waiting for parts. So we have to refund or replace the printers at our cost, because there is no alternative warranty centre to send it to.

Below the statistics of printers sold by us for the last year and a half. Infotech statistics of HP Printers sold vs claims No sold No of claims Officejet 4500 72 18 Officejet 6500 52 13 Officejet 7000 2 1 Photosmart Premium 5 3 Officejet 8500 22 5 Officejet 8600 17 0 Officejet 4615 14 1 Photosmart 6510 1 1 Photosmart 7510 2 1 HP printers 187 43 We would like to have some answers on the following:

1. Why are there so many defective HP printers and fragile parts that break so easily? 2. Why do we have to wait for so long for a DOA printer to be replaced, and the replacement isn’t a brand-new unopened unit? 3. Why can’t the warranty centres keep stock of replacement parts for a faster turn-around time? I know we are only selling a very small percentage of printers in Africa, but surely the other resellers must experience the same problems. If we cannot get better quality printers, and warranty service, we’ll have no other option as to sell only other brands. We would appreciate active feedback, and not just promises of “We will look into it”.

Comment (0)

This is the third time I have bought the genuine Black # 178 Cartridge from Carrefour. On the second or third print the sign comes Low Ink, and after 6 to 7 pages the refill would end/dry. Either the information on the cover it says 250 pages is false or the cartridges being sold are old and dried. At AED 50.00 per cartridge it is totally unfeasible to pay AED 50.00 for just printing 6 to 7 pages.

Please advise what do you propose to rectify this problem.

Comment (0)

Hello I got a new laptop with the new window 8s and I got the Netflix app it always freezing on it keeps closeing down on me . then when Im in the middle of the show it tells me the titles aren't working now like I didn't buy a laptop and everything to have these problems Netflix works fine on every computer but this one either u need to work on your apps or their be another laptop returned bc im not going to deal wit this problem anymore im sick of it

Comment (0)

My printer was responding by processing the paper with no printing on it. I called HP's 800 number and talked with Sam. Sam took over my computer and it was obvious afterwards that he couldn't solve the problem. He suggested I pay $199 as my computer had a virus which corrupted the printer drivers.

I have had computer virus at least a year ago and my computer was working find plus the scan by Norton and Constant guard did not indicate any virus.

Sam looked at my computer and showed me errors but they were mostly related to me trying to get the printer to work. Sam showed me DNS responses on my computer which he said was the virus. The DNS response most often comes from the server connection.

When I told Sam I would not pay the $199 and I didn't think my computer had a virus. He told me to never call the 800 number again. I tried to fix my computer using the HP web site. They told me my printer was out of warranty even though I purchased their 3 year plan.

I also called Norton after the HP interaction to be sure I did not have a virus. They confirmed that I did not.

Comment (0)

During the past 5-6 years, I've bought 4 HP Printers and in my lifetime have always bought HP DeskTops, Monitors, and Laptops. The last printer I bought was on 12/26/2011, HP Officeject 6500A Plus All in One Series. Every time I turned around the printer was going offline. Just this past Friday, I called HP Ticket #8065326063 as I could not print due to printer stating it was offline. The HP tech dialed in & installed a 9800 printer device. Tried late Friday, to send a fax to my doctor's office. Fax Test Report states all 6 items PASSED. I call into today, 3/17/2013 & some foreign tech (who I barely could understand) tells me it is a hardware issue and I need to buy a new Printer. I'm tired of buy HP printers that do not last more than 1 1/2 yrs. I expect to receive a refund on my Warranty also. You have lost a Customer who intends to inform anyone I can about your products.

Comment (0)

I bought an HP laptop less than 90 days ago, after having a previous good experince with HP products. I have not done anything to abuse the product: I have not dropped it, spilled anything on it, etc. The screen stopped working. After spending over an hour on the telephone with two different people who I could not quite understand because of thick accents and bad telephone reception, I was transfered to a supervisor, Jeep, who told me that the damage was my fault and would NOT be covered under the warranty, and would cost $350.

Considering that I did nothing extraordinary to the computer to void the 1 year warranty, and considering that I paid $500 for the computer less than 90 days ago, this is ridiculous. I asked to speak to someone else and was told "there was no one else." That is what REALLY made me mad. I was told that if I called back, I would get the same call center and that he was the only supervisor on duty.
I am hoping that I got a bad supervisor on an off day and that this problem will be resolved by HP. Otherwise, I will not spend a dime to fix or buy any of their products ever again, and I will be sure to warn everyone I know of this bad experience.

Comment (0)

I have been a HP customer for probably 15 plus years and I have to be quite honest. After purchasing the HP Officejet 4500 Wireless printer I will probably NEVER buy another HP product in my life. This printer is a piece of CRAP!!! It jams at least ever other item printed. I probably have waisted thousands of sheets in paper, not to count all the ink that has been waisted! This printer is the junk and the problems I have with it have turned me into a non-HP customer. I am currently shopping for a new printer and I am going to take this piece of crap behind my business and SMASH it into 1000 pieces with a sledge hammer!!! Maybe then I will feel better about the months of clearing jams!!!

Comment (0)

I am very unhappy with the performance & problems with my HP computer. The computer has been disappointing in speed and problems. I just spent way to much time with tech support staff to try to fix a problem and I am still not happy with the results. The technitions were very polite and patient, but after replacing my hard drive my computer is not any better . Actually I think it's slower and I am disappointed with its performance. Without some drastic changes I cannot recomend anyone to purchase an HP computer. By the way it's still under warranty SER. # MXU15203B0 PRODUCT # QW688AA#ABA THE END

Comment (0)

I purchased an HP Pavilion dv6-3227cl Entertainment Notebook on 5/9/2011. On Dec. 31, 2011, I opened my notebook to do some work and found the screen had a black line across the top and the screen was flickering. There were also horizontal lines across the screen. My notebook was still under the first year of warranty. I contacted HP and the first representative I spoke to took my information and told me that a representative would be calling me to tell me how to send the computer in for repair. He asked me if the computer had been dropped and I told him no. He stated that the computer was covered under the warranty and that all I needed to do was send a copy of my proof of purchase. I submitted the proof of purchase via e-mail.

On today another representative named Wil called me. He asked what the screen looked like and I told him. He then stated that I had damaged the computer and the warranty did not cover screen replacement. The representative, whose name was Wil ( who by the way was in India) said I would have to pay $329 to have the screen replaced. I told him that I did not damage the screen. I am very careful with my computer as I use it for work purposes. The computer was not dropped or otherwise damaged. He continued to insist that I had somehow damaged the computer. I told him that this was ridiculous and that the company should cover any repair or replacement costs for a computer that was only 7 monnths old!

When I asked for the name of a contact person to whom I could direct my complaint, Wil stated that he did not have a name. He said I could sumbit a complaint on the website. When I told him I would like to have the name of a person he still continued to say he did not have a name. I will never buy another HP product and will do everything in my power to make sure everyone I know does not purchase HP products. I can tell by the comments on this website that I am not the only person to have a problem with an HP computer screen.

Comment (0)

My husband and I recently purchased an office jet 6700 premium. While the printer is great, the ink cartridge is one if the most outrageous displays of robbery I have ever seen. We have two children in school and run a business of our own. That being said, we rely heavily on our printer. We are having to pay over $100 monthly in printer ink. We used to be able to refill the cartridges but you have made them so small and have made them impossible to refill. How in the world can you justify the cost if these cartridges that don't have enough ink in them to last 2 weeks?

Comment (0)

I bought an HP laptop computer by relying on Hp quality and support. The laptop has worked without problem for a short time. Then it started to overheat when working. We sent it to service in the scope of warranty on 28.01.2013. They sent our computer with a bigger problem. They damaged it physically on its screen and sent us without saying anything and any explanation on 30.01.2013. We called them and we said that we will not accept this product. They answered us that is OK, there will be no problem anymore they will solve.

We sent it again on 11.02.2013. But they repaired it again and sent us on 16.02.2013, now its keyboard is not working properly. .We want them to change this computer because we bought it in safe due to HP big name, quality and safety but there is a big mistake which is performed by the personel of HP service in Turkey. They damaged our computer, and they wanted 950 Turkish Lira from us to repair it without any shame. When we refused paying this money and this computer, they repaired it and send us. We do not want to use this damaged and repaired computer due to service personel?s carelessness and fault. My sister is a student at university and she need computer as soon as possible to use her lectures at university.We want you to solve our problem and prevent unjust treatment against us. Burak SAHIN Product Information HP Laptop HP Warranty.

Comment (0)

When I received this printer it worked well but we had a power outage and since then sometime the printer works and some times it doesn't, now it will not print from my lap top keep saying it has a paper jam and I can't even print anything because it has a paper jam, but I can't fine the paper jam, I have turn it off for a hold day and still doesn't work , I have looked at all the paper abd booklet that came with it and can't figuer it out,. I use it for home use which is about 1 or 2 times a week. I want to go buy another because I'm so upset over this. I can not effort to have someone come to see what wrong. So can you tell me where I can send it to HP, maybe they can figuer out what it wrong.

Comment (0)

On 12/3/12 I phoned 1-800-227-8164,option 3, to order a 2 wire phone cord adapter for my HP officejet J4580 printer. The sales rep. in Costa Rico, took all my credit card info and told me th product cost $14.44 plus @11.25 shipping and handling. Then he told me he had add sales taxes. I explained to him that such did not apply because the facility from which the product was being shpped was not in NV where I live. He refused to deduct the tax and I asked for his supervisor. Anna, his supervisor, in Mexico, also refused to deduct the tax. I cncelled the order and told her that I woul report her to HP hdqtrs. I stillwant the product, but refused to pay the tax that those people in their ignorance of the law tried to collect.

Comment (0)

I have been on the phone at least 7 hours with people in the Philipines about garbled speakers. I have tried 3 sets. The speakers work on another desk top, but not on mine. I would like to have this taken care of. They also changed my whole computer,said it was like a new one. I lost my pictures, which really made me unhappy. Someone need to take care of this right away. Someone was suppose to call at 9:00am and I am still waiting. So I would like the problem solved or a new computer.

Comment (0)

I bought this printer over a year ago and its the single most stupidest thing I have ever bought. I want to slam it on the ground at least every time i use it. The paper jams almost all the time. It goes through ink so fast that its not worth having this printer at all, you will spend countless hours wasting your time.

Overall, I would say that just looking at it makes me want to take a ride to HP headquarters and smashing it in there lobby. When you call hp they don't even bother to acknowledge that it is the printers fault at all. Hp says are you loading the paper correctly? What? Like people are idiots! I would never but an Hp product again.

Comment (0)

I hope this letters gets to the right department.
My HP OFFICEJET J3608 MULTIFUNCTION broke after 8 months and VERY MINIMAL use. It kept saying ink low, so I put in 2 new ink cartridges, but to no avail. It never printed a page!!!! OFICEWORKS have tested the machine and refunded my money, but will not refund me for the Ink cartridges which cost $39.98 and $28.98. This is outrageous, I followed the instructions and have now wasted nearly $70.oo extra trying to get a $99.oo machine to work. HEWLETT PACKARD, PLEASE refund me for the cartridges. Why should I be out of pocket? YOUR product failed to perfom???

Comment (0)

I cant even begin to tell you the two months of phone calls Ive made to have a employee tell me Im not getting my computer back.I sent my computer to you and you recieved it on January 28th.I called and asked how to send broken computer back 3 times and was never given a order number so I sent it back with the sticker on box telling me to ship back to hp if problems or broken.I have tracking number and serial number and a employee found it for me 2 weeks ago and said it was getting fixed.I know its there and hasnt left.I am going to the sherriffs office with this as a stolen computer.If your employees were not so lazy they could have done something.This is the worst Ive been treated in over20yrs.I am here to tell you...I will be getting it back.Who the hell is he to tell me Im not getting it back?Guy needs a new job and a much better attitude!!!!Thanks so much for ripping me off.This is not over!

Comment (0)

I purchased a HP TouchSmart520 PC in Dec 2011. The CD that I inserted in the computer is stuck and won't come out. It should be on warrant. I took it to Office Depot where I purchased it and they told be to contact HP. I placed a call the other day and the person I talked to told me it was my fault because I probably put it in the wrong way. Office Depot told me that the place where you put the CD is not working and that is a defect in the computer.

I wan't this resolved as soon as possible

Caroline

Comment (0)

I have a problem with the HP Laserjet 200 Color MFP M276. It started by refusing to copy & print and I write on the display €œCool Down Mode”, I would have to wait for it for a very long time for it to start working again. It would sometimes refuse to do anything and keep restarting, displays “49 Service Error, Turn on & off” and restart. After it has done all that, the touch screen will freeze make it impossible to make copies, fax or any other function. This time I attempted to perform a print-out from the PC and it froze and it displays “Printing” but nothing is coming out. When I cancel the print-out the printer does not respond.

When I shut it down and restart it again it comes back with the same problem, even when I shut it down, unplug the power cord and leave it for an hour or so. It comes back with the same problem! I am very disappointed at HP because I received the printer somewhere around November 2012. I used it during December 2012 and business was quiet because the customers were enjoying the festive season. Now business is back to normal, my customers are back and they need their services and I can’t serve them all thanks to the unreliable HP Laserjet 200 Color MFP M276!

Comment (0)

I bought a new photosmart printer this week. It will not print photos in the size I want them to be. The techs blame it on something else and are rude about it. A supervisor was supposed to call me at 9:00 am this morning to see if we could fix the problem. He never called. I got a tech on the phone and I know more than he does. It is a shame that a company like HP doesn't take care of their customers like they promise. It is always passing the problem from one tech to another and the problem doesn't get fixed after you spend half the day on the phone with them.

Comment (0)

I just bought a windows8 HP computer from Sams club. I hate it and would just like for you to no this is the worst computer I have ever owned, I will not recommend it to anyone. I can't open PDF files or do my work from it. Is there anyway to get windows 7 for this computer? HP Pavillion p7-1417c

Comment (0)

I am very angry because I brought two wireless printers (HP Photosmart 7510 and P1606dn Laser Jet Pro) that both have the ePrint feature. They do not work consistently. The HP Photosmart 7510 keeps getting disconnected when I want to use it from my computer which is next to it and from my laptop. As for the other printer, I work for a doctor and he was sending me his patients' medical records (for the insurance company) to my ePrinter's (P1606dn Laser Jet) email address. Several times this function failed.

The first time my laser printer P1606dn became disconnected due to a "power outage" (according to HP) and we lost all the medical documents from October 12 to November 8th. There was no alert given to neither one of us that the documents failed to be sent. I contacted HP tech support and was bounced around from different techs for approximately five hours before someone finally knew how to resolve the problem. The second time, the printer printed out a waste of 60 pages of OLD documents from November that the doctor I work for never sent! Plus, my printer got disconnected and stopped sending documents from Jan 30 to Feb 8 for unknown reasons. I contacted HP and they were not very much help! The doctor that I work for was very angry and we both decided to not use the ePrint feature since it is full of BUGS.

Comment (0)

Bought a HP printer in April. Made the mistake of enrolling in "INSTA INK" don't do it! I repeat DON'T DO IT!! It took two days and several hours of holding on the phone because they were so disorganized! I should have known right there but I cut them some slack! Ended up not needing the service and was easier to just drive down a mile to Office Depot and purchase an ink cartridge for $10! I had been paying $5.99 a month and asked for a refund on $32 balance. I never was denied a refund by HP and that's after 90 mins. of holding being transferred to 7 different people. T

he 5th person I spoke to a supervisor was willing to credit my account but then transferred me the the wrong person / dept. Then the 7th person flat out denied my request! Now I hate to even think about buying ink for my printer because HP will benefit from it! Horrible customer service. Horrible service - don't sign up for insta ink! They don't care about the customer and that they wasted your time and money! They have no problems with that at all! HP SUCKS!

Comment (0)

I purchased a HP ultrabook envy Model 6 1012tx in October 2012 from Karachi,Pakistan.Its serial no is CND2361HLZ product no B4q12pA#uuf. On 17 Dec 2012 its screen started showing lines and a black spot on its left side. Such type of defect in a newly purchased machine with a repute like HP is strange and highly regretful.

I am visiting USA now a days and is likely to travel in a week's time to Pakistan.I can be contacted at USA no 281-9124940.I would be grateful if my machine is replaced.My address is 10647 cobble creek way Missouri city TX 77459.

Comment (0)

Saturday, 10/01/2011. Less than a month ago, I ordered a battery from hp and when I tried the new battery it did not work. So, I call hp then they said, "You need an adapter." It took over 35 minutes for hp to process that new order for an adapter. To make things worst, today hp sent me the wrong adapter. Why did your worker did not take the time to match a single part with one product. Hp sent me a car adater instead of a wall socket apdapter.

As I called hp. hp told me we do not have that adapter you need in stock. Then they said you need to be at home on Monday from 8am - 5pm for Fedex to pick up the car adapter we sent you. Then they gave a number to hp's part store and said call them on Monday. This is service I get for being over 10 years loyal hp customer. I promise you I will never buy another laptop, desktop, printer , stock or any other thing from hp.

In my busines, customer satisfaction is number one. Apearently, not with H.P. I purchased a HP Photosmart Plus printer. It crapped out 2 weeks after purchase. I notified HP and they sent a replacement. That one was DOA. I called them again and after waiting almost 2 weeks, another one arrived. Prior to the 3rd one, I contacted HP and requested a full refund. They drug me over the coals and gave all kinds of excuses why I should keep the printer. I told them I would take legal action if they do not return what I paid for the unit. They basically flipped me off.

I have filed a complaint with my states Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division. If I EVER have anything more to do with HP, it will be too soon. BTW: I have 3 of these P.O.S. printers. I was told by hp rep. that after Fedex pick up the wrong adapter I would be given a refund but today,Fedex was clueless to that and said they have nothing to do with that.

Comment (0)

I ordered a laptop from Hewlett Packard and found I would get a free Nook with the order if I checked the box adding it to my order.When I checked my receipt in my email I found a charge of $107 extra.This is the exactly the cost of the Nook plus tax.I contacted Hewlett Packard via chat and they would not tell me why my credit card was charged $107 more than the Grand Total for the laptop.I wanted the laptop but not the Nook if I had to pay $107 for it so my only choice was to cancel the order.Hewlett Packard will cancel the laptop order but not the order for for the Nook.So now I don't have a laptop that I wanted and I am being charged for a Nook that I don't want. This is a scam- beware of Hewlett Packard and Barnes and Nobles Nook

Browse reviews of other Computers