American Airlines Customer Service

Contact American Airlines Corporate

Toll free phone number: 817-863-1234

American Airlines is a Fort Worth, Texas based airline and is one of the top two airlines in the world. After its merger with US Airways in 2013 it now trades on NASDAQ:AAL. The AA fleet is over 939 with over 6700 flights daily to 350 destinations in 50 countries. Third quarter earnings in 2015 were reported as over US 1.7 billion. Employees numbered over 113,000 in 2015.

If you have a problem with your American Airlines flight you are not alone. The best customer service phone number to call for help is 1-800-433-7300. If you are an AAdvantage member call 1-800-882-8880. Find helpful numbers here. If you would like to contact CEO, Doug Parker, you may address a postal correspondence to him with American Airlines, 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., MD 5675, Fort Worth, Texas 76155. The corporate phone number is 817-963-1234.

From its beginnings in 1930 as American Airways it was a consolidation of over 80 small airlines. It officially became American Airlines in 1934 and moved headquarters to Texas in 1979. The C.R. Smith Aviation Museum is operated by American Airlines as well as a Texas based flight academy. Social presence may be found on Facebook and Twitter.

American Airlines Contact Information

• American Airlines headquarters address

• AMR Corporation
    • Fort Worth
    • TX 76155

817-863-1234

Browse reviews of other Airlines

Top American Airlines Complaints

I flew first class on flight AA372 , sitting in seat 4B on Saturday November 3, 2018. I pay extra to fly first class because I have sever spinal issues.
The seat was broken and would not recline. The stewardess was very understanding and customers around me gave up their blankets to try and make me a bit more comfortable. Needless to say my first class flight was absolutely miserable. I am still very uncomfortable which would not be as severe as it is if Id been able to recline my seat for at least part of the 3hr and 20min flight.
My AAdvantage member # is 27EP84A.
I asked specifically at check in, to make sure I had a seat that reclined because of my spine issues.. I was told yes because it was a row 4 seat.
Thanks for your attention to this matter and Im hoping something can be done to compensate me for my flight.
Paulette Norby

Just submitted complaint today. Talked with American Airlines and problem is being addressed.
Please remove the previous complaint I just sent!
Thanks

We had flights leaving Tulsa, okla on Tuesday October 9th going to Charlotte and on to Cancun. We have flown American always and was shocked we I received and text saying our flight had to be changed the crew did not have enough time off for us to make our flight on to Cancun. I called and got a very nice man by the name of mike he got us on to Dallas which is where we usually go any way all is good. We leave Tulsa as planned get to Dallas head right to our gate they are boarding and 8:40 and to make a long story shorter I had paid for preferred seating to the tune of $176.00 well we did not get to board early there are no benefit to paying that we got NOTHING out of it. Not even a free drink, anyway we sat on that plane until !12:00 when they let us leave to get some thing to eat then they had us get back on and we still sat there because of weather then plane issues i have 11 text rescheduling that flight AA1190 the flight attendants were rude and did not care one way if we were happy. They did not explain one thing so when i finally ask about getting a drink she told me they were out ??? What ? WE still did not leave until after 1:30 so we got in Cancun after 5:00 we were scheduled to arrive at 11:50 ? It was a totally awful trip and i would my $176.00 refunded that is a joke we got nothing out of it i never paid the extra before and was so excited about doing thinking there were benefits to it well there weren't, plus your attendants were awful and i still cannot believe how rude they were cold and uncaring. Very disappointed i have never complained before this was just tooooo much.
I hope someone will at least acknowledge me.

Camelia Burkey

Dear Customer Service,
I have travelled with American Airlines for over 25 years and have enjoyed great experience until today. Not only was it a horrible airline experience it was by far the worst customer service experience I've ever had.

Scenario:
June 6, 2018 Purchased Round Trip ticket from Phoenix to St. George, Utah Departing 10/24 and Return 10/27
paid $213 Confirm Code CSXAQT

October 20, 2018 Called to change my return flight. I requested information to return via Salt Lake City, Utah to Phoenix and was charged approx. $200 for the change. I told the agent I was still flying PX to St. George but decided I would drive from St. George to Salt Lake to see a friend as I'd heard it was a beautiful drive.
He changed my return flight and I got the confirmation. Confirm Code: CSXAQT (same as original)

October 23, 2018 Received email from American to check in
Discovered they completely erased my originating Phx to St. George flight

Talked with several agents and was transferred to a SUPERVISOR - PORCHE - Employee #RPG
She repeatedly acknowledged that it was an EMPLOYEE ERROR and he should not have erased my original flight nor should he have made representations about the incorrect fare. She said it was completely an employee error. I said I understood, things happen and could she just get it resolved so that I could have my important flight back which had already been fully paid for.

I would not have changed the flight to return via Salt Lake if he had said it would be a $374 fee

PORCHE repeatedly apologized that it WAS THE AIRLINE EMPLOYEE'S ERROR. But she still charged me $200 to rebook the flight I already had paid for.
Porche rebooked my flight from Phoenix to St. George Utah Departing on October 24 Code: DPCPZE

I would appreciate if AMerican would stand behind their error and not punish their loyal customers. Would you please issue me a voucher for the $200 I paid today. You'll keep me as a satisfied American Airlines travelor.

DArlene Richert
CEO - Avery Lane
602-501-6481
Darlene@AveryLaneHome.com

On my flight from Chicago O'Hare to Venice flight AA 42 I had to sit next to a very large man. I would guess he was 350 to 400 pounds. I was in seat 18H on the aisle and he was in the middle. Luckly for him I am a small person, but I only had access to 3/4s of my seat. Now I paid for a full seat and didn't get one. I have always liked American Airlines and my number is AL 2P19AL4. I feel that I should be compensated for the discomfort that I experiences. I did not complain at the time as he was a nice man and I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
Sally Anne Kaiser
2 Chapin Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC
843-421-9647

On Wed Oct 17 2018 , I flew from San Francisco to San Diego on fli9ght # 1964 , after small drinks were served , I requested a cup of water to one of the attendants , and she replied Water ..? I said yes ...the wat6er never arrived , the problem is that I am Diabetic and I needed to get some water ASAP , I was feeling dizzy , I went to the back of the Plane and the attendant was seated chatting on her cellphone relaxing ....I had to drink some water at the Restroom ...I felt that she just did not care about the passengers ...I felt bad about her p
lack of care and performance ...what is her duty ..serve 1 drink and seat the rest of the flight ...? in the other hand on my return on Sunday at 2.35 from SD to SFO was an excellent experience ...well I just want to say that the Attendants need to be reminded about customer service , even a cup a water may represent a lot for some people . Thank you
my cell # 925-470-8291 , jrocha law.707@gmail.com

when the clients arrived in PHL they were told the flight from PHL/BWI was cancelled. they put them on a flight that was leaving later and into
RAGON airport in Washington. they finally arrived into WASHINGTON very late MR. TSAPOS has alzheimeris and MRS TSAPOS had a
verey difficult time. i feel they should be compensated for all the trouble they. lucky that their son pickup them at the airport because they
donit leave in Washington.

tickeg no 0017094710238 PANTELIS TSAPOS
0017094710237 OURANIA TSAPOS

AMALIA

It took me 3 days to get home from Tucson Az through Dallas frt worth to fort Lauderdale due to cancel flight AA2199 having to rebook for following day due to full flights and having to stay at airport overnight .Oct 13, 2018 flight 107. Flight 1576 next day 10/14/18 had no flight attendants and I was on hold from 5am until 2:30 pm. I sat hr by hr waiting for updates only to stand in another line as I missed one connection after another in Dallas forcing me to reschedule my connections and stand in line with over 100 other guest. my connection in Dallas scheduled for 6pm boarding was again delayed at gate due to broken first class serving tray almost 2 hr delay. upon boarding plane and sitting in row 30B our plane was forced to yet another hr delay while taxiing around because of plane pileup at gate. I landed in fort lauderdale the following morning and did not get home until 2am. This was a horrific draining and exhausting end to my week stay in Tucson Az. I am still recovering from the ordeal of traveling alone and having to deal with all of these circumstances that just got worse as the days went by. I was very disappointed in the service as well..I was not offered any snacks by the grumpy stewardess but the man sitting beside me was...This only raised my level of frustration as I waited and held back tears wondering if I would ever make it home …also none of the monitors were working either which forced the flight attendants to have to give a very poor explanation on safety rules as the plane was making its takeoff. no movie or tv to watch either...my 4.5 hr flight took 3 days before finally coming to an end..I thought I would try American Airlines for a change but after this I don't think I want to travel anywhere ever again...especially if it involves fort worth Dallas, Texas. Thank god this nightmare is over. I lost 2 days of my life sitting in airport while waiting on flight atttendants to arrive and broken equipment to be fixed. I would like a refund for my time wasted ,,,as they were offering to buy seats for over $700 on other Dallas flights leaving gates as I waited to board and was told that I needed to sit and wait with everyone else. Awful ordeal that I would not wish on anyone.

This is the second attempt to put in a complaint about American air services. I am handicapped and was very upset with the treatment at LGA . My ticket # 0012306909033, flight 3943, from LGA to ILM on 10-2-2018. My name is Patricia A. OConnor. address POBox 4152, (1509 South Shore Dr.) Surf City N.C. and phone 910-328-2312 or 910-789-9053. I always arrive and check in early because of my handicap. I use a scooter and walker and cannot go through security by walking. I have to be pat down etc. This was taken care of and I proceeded to assigned gate. After being there for about 15 minutes We were notified of gate changed and being moved to Gate D by going downstairs to a bus for transport to new gate. I am unable to go downstairs and assistance to new gate was supposed to be moving me.. I waited over 45 minutes for this help and had to remind girl at desk of my flight time. Finally an airport person showed up and led me to the new gate area. where I was notified that I had to go through the whole security inconvenience all over again. did not understand this since I was escorted by airport personnel. I was extremely upset and anxious and then rushed to make flight. I fly American often and have to go to LGA in Nov. and I hesitate to get a flight. IT WAS VERY TRAMATECT FOR ME . I would think that I deserve compensation from AA. The stewardess was very lovely and helpful, on both my flights. My arrival from ILM on 9-26-18 was also upsetting because of ground crew man who was incompetent in getting my walker and scooter when I got off plane. A young lady crew person corrected him and with help from another passenger I was finally able to leave AA. Your customer service I horrible and definitely needs much help. Hopefully I will hear from you very,very soon. Patricia OConnor

I gave my son and grandson 2 tickets to fly to Las Vegas Nevada on Oct 12 flight 2229 from Logan airport to Phoenix Az and then to Las Vegas for a birthday present The locator is HQQHKO. Their ticket numbers are William Clark 0793257 ; James 0793258 for first class seating. There was a mechanical problem with this plane. A representative from American Airlines placed them a flight from Logan Boston to Los Angeles and then to Las Vegas not arriving in time for a show in Las Vegas for which they had tickets. Neither of these flights placed them on first class for which they had tickets. I would like American Airlines to reinstate my miles. My AA number is 84W53M6. I would appreciate your help to give me back my unused miles so I can put them to future use. Thank you

Checking on previous complaint sent after flight 3943 on 10-02-18. have heard nothing and was disconnected on 817-863-1234 with no return call. your customer service leaves much to be improved. P. OConnor 910-328-2312.

My flight from BR to Dallas was scheduled for 8 pm on 10/ 14. I received a text that it was postponed until 630 am the same day! It was actually delayed until next day at 630 am. Then next day that flight was delayed and i missed my connecting flight... I was put on stand by and that flight was delayed an hour. When i finally made it to ontario ca there was no baggage! They put my bag on a later flight and that flight was also delayed! No more American Airlines!

I purchases first class tickets back home and on way back on a connecting flight, they mishandled my sons custom wheelchair by laying it on its side on the conveyor belt damaging the whole right side where the joy stick is and when we reached honolulu from maui, they gave us the wheel chair not only inoperable but unsafe to drive. We took a whole video of their handling from the airplane window seat. Needless to say, when we told them we took a video they began scrambling like a bunch of chickens looking for the manager. They did not think that we would detect it was from their luggage handling crew in maui on October 8, 2018. They were so shook up they did not know how or where to find a comparable replacement wheel chair for my son. He was very upset, crying and in alot of pain as he has muscular dystrophy and relies on the custom wheelchair to keep him propped up and comfortable. We had first class tickets and due to their poor service, they removed us from airplane last and bordered us on connecting flight last. i am requesting a refund on all of our tickets. I am hoping to hear back from a customer Service Rep soon. You can reach me at 909-851-5495. To help you out. This flight was Monday 10-08-18 Flight 385 Hawaiian Airlines from Kahului Hawaii to Honolulu then connecting to Honolulu to Long Beach on Flight 70

Best Regards,

Renee Fox

The Caucasian stout balding steward was EXTREMELY rude. He never smiled and was very blunt when asking we what we wanted. At a later time, I requested another bag of pretzels (since they ran out of cookies) and he didn’t acknowledge he heard it. When he was serving others, I asked him again for a bag of pretzels and he threw up his hands and said “one moment PLEASE”. I was extremely humiliated and informed the stewardess how rude he was. This man does not have the demeanor to be in a customer service capacity and needless to say I was very disappointed and taken aback.

My husband and I saved for several years to make this trip to Ontario California. We choose American Airlines for the service .we expected to receive Our trip to California went smoothly. Returning home was a different story. We arrived on Flight AA1472 15 September 2018.We arrived in Dallas/Ft, Worth and no wheelchair for my husband's deplaning and plane change .After a discussion he was told to go ahead and the wheelchair would meet him. No wheelchair arrived and my husband was forced to walk the entire jetway. We walked into boarding area and I began trying to get a wheelchair for my disabled husband .We contacted an American Airline employee Supervisor Michelle who attempted to assist us. She called 5 times on loudspeaker to get us a wheelchair. None arrived and I finally got hold of a moving cart as now our plane had been boarding for 20 minutes when we arrived .My husband was in excruating pain from an extended walk he wasn't expected to have to make.I am requesting you compensate us in some way to show us American wasn't a bad choice.Again being retired Navy wife just knew American would handle us just right.Prove me right.

I am writing to relay a serious incident that happened to me at the Philadelphia airport - Gate 19 - on Sept 27, 2018. After flying in from Raleigh, NC on my way home to Ithaca, NY, my flight was cancelled as was one to Syracuse. Those providing wheel chair assistance to me were TERRIFIC. They took me to your Customer Service Desk where a very nice gal gave me a PRIORITY BOARDING pass and said I was #2 STANDBY to Ithaca on the 8:50 p.m. flight #4995.A lovely agent at Gate 19 said she would "take care of me" and to sit in the handicap marked seat, next to her "desk."
I had about a 6+ hour wait. There were also many others waiting on standby due to the 2 flights being cancelled. It was time to board flight 4995. I had been observing, in this long wait, one of your employees going from gate to gate in "civilian clothes" - not your uniform. She arrived at Gate 19 and told the lovely agent to go on outside and that was the last I saw of her. As People were boarding, I went up to make sure she knew I had the PRIORITY pass - she never looked at it and told me to go sit down. She then let a bunch (maybe 5 or so) "standbys" load. The gal sitting net to me trying to get on board was the #3 Standby. She was NOT one of the 5. I again went up to to see why I was not allowed to board and asked her to check her computer screen to see that I was indeed #2. She didn't bother and told me they would send me to a hotel which terrified me in my condition and traveling alone. Just about everyone was on board - but me!! I got mad! (So did another couple). She finally said "come here" (like calling a dog) and I'll take you to the LAST seat on the plane. She then grabbed my arm and told me to RUN as she pulled me. I told her I can't RUN (I could walk but not fast or far). I am 81 years old and have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. She kept telling me to RUN and then proceeded to tell me that I (not her) was making the plane late several times.

Unfortunately I do not have her name. But if your security cameras were working on 9/27 between 3 and 9 p.m., you couldn't miss her. She wore royal blue slacks, a white blouse with flowers and birds on it and her hair was loose and untidy.

To say I was appalled at this woman's treatment of me is an understatement! Especially after all the kindness and concern I had received from the Prospect group (wheel chair assist) and your other agents who took care of my needs (food, ladies room etc) and bent over backwards to be sure that I was o.k.

I do not have my boarding passes. My record locator is: URJMMR. I was originally booked for Sept 13 to RDU and return Sept 20 but the Hurricane Florence delayed my trip one week.

I am not a "complainer" but this woman's actions were outrageous and I would like to spare another special needs passenger this type of "incident." Thank you. Sincerely yours, Audrey M. Lowe

I am sorry this is 1 week post incident but I returned to several problems that required my immediate attention.

We had made reservation on June 10, 2018 with RC160S Thursday Sep. 13,2018 1470 flight round trip coming back on the 16th of Sep.2018 return flight 1253 redeye with the agency Bishop Louis # 844 816 9103 American Airlines QFDCDK flying out of O hare to San Francisco put it on our Discover card last four #s 2176.
When we arrived with our confirmation paper the lady said it had been canceled on June 12th. We explained we did not cancel that there must be a mix up. we paid $339.00 each for 4 tickets. But now the lady is telling us we have to pay $1000.00 a ticket. Sir we can't afford to pay this price but I am a Minister flying out to do my nephew wedding in Monterey, Cal. my Son is the best man we have to be there for rehearsal and we are explaining this to the lady and she doesn't care. I feel that since we had proof that we had booked with you all that we should receive a break in price.
We paid the price and headed to San Francisco with carry on luggage which we had to put in baggage claim because there was no room not what we wanted. on the way back we had to do the same with our luggage and by having to go to baggage claims we missed our bus to Rockford by 10 minutes and waited an hour for the next bus. Needless to say our first experience with you all was not good .

I bought a ticket on 9/10/18 (KIZKYV) I made a mistake,instead of buying in the morning time I bought for night time I called several times to American Airlines and I even went to Mia airport American desk trying to resolve this mater to change my ticket from 7:00 pm to 9:15 am in the morning same day they didn't want to help me out instead they want to charge me $200+ to change my time of flight. This was outrageous about these charges bc I would understand difference in the amount of the tickets it would be fine but not AA wanted to charge $200 just to change the time of the flight. well this is a rip off no way to treat a costumer so, I end up calling AA canceling my flight and losing my money bc I rather loose my money than fly with you guys. I would never ever buy a ticket or fly with AA. p.s. If you wouldnt have any other flights i would understand about the extremly high charges but,you did have flights Im preety much coming empty. shame on you AA. keep my money it looks like you need it more than I do.

Sincerly,

Raidel Villar

In Phoenix they took my VERY small bag because it had wheels on and said no room and threw it in the baggage.,,, there was enough room for it even under my seat. I carry my computer in it. At age 85 I carry support vitamins to keep me healthy. I am missing a 90 day supply of Vitamin C and same size of Magnesium. I cannot get quality replacements here in Mexico and I stay here 3 months at a time. My little bag was rummaged through at least 3 times, once within 20 ft of each other. I see others baggage much bigger than mine. This is the second time you have taken my bag from my possession and items go missing. Also in Mazatlan the wheelchair attendant pressured me for a larger tip than $2. Then he asked my driver for more tip....without letting me know. I will have to try and get vitamins shipped from USA to here and that will be iffy.

We paid extra for bigger seats, but my husband's seat couldn't recline. No movies or games or music? WTF? Delta flights were great today. Charlotte to Salt Lake City on AA807 was horrid. 4 hours of nothing. Antique plane. Shame on AA for charging for this trip! Pathetic. Pictures posted of the lousy plane on FB. Yelp rating 1 star. Delta next trip the whole flight.

I have tried to contact the complaint department several times and have been unable to reach anyone. I traveled on your airlines in July 9, 2018 on FL 599 to Charlotte, NC at 8:15 PM and am a ADA passenger requiring a wheelchair. Upon my return on FL 5419 to Greensboro/High Point/Winston Salem to my connecting FL 3506 GSO Greensboro myself and my friend who is also ADA in wheelchair were treated horribly and were asked to get out of the wheelchairs and were put on a tram which took us to an elevator and left us there. We both have back and leg problems that do not allow us at our ages to walk any length especially through the airport. I am not a regular passenger on American Airlines and am very upset at the treatment that I was subjected to and had to consult my physician upon return to my home shortly after to get a consult regarding the pain that I suffered due to this incident and have had to have outpatient surgery on my back. My phone number is (858) 254-6901.

Sunday August 26, Flight AA3721 from Gainesville to Miami I was requested to deliver my carry on luggage at the entrance of the plane to be placed at luggage compartment of the airplane, as a result $150.00 was taken from my wallet which was in my bag. At security point I placed my wallet in the bag and retrieved it upon arrival at Miami airport. Credit cards and other id documents were found intact but the cash was gone.
I am a Platinum frequent flyer #MT99650, Harvard Business School Alumni, Retired VP from Citibank, currently 69 years old. Although the $150 are not going to break me, I needed to communicate the incident which in all years of being an AA nothing like this has happened to me making it a very sad experience of having my trust in AA violated.
Looking forward to your respond and resolution, thanks.

We were in Cancun and were to depart at 4:20 pm (Flight #1778 for our return flight to Charlotte, NC on July 28. Our flight out of Charlotte to Lexington was to leave at 10:30PM (Flight # 5230). we received word that our flight was going to be delayed until 5:00. When 5:oo arrived we boarded the plane and sat on the tarmac until after 7:00. The pilot kept coming on the intercom saying that a new flight plan had been filed because of weather and he was waiting for it to be confirmed so that we could leave. We arrived at Charlotte and was hustled through customs, a party of 10 with 4 children under 6, and when we arrived at the gate it was closed with the plane sitting there. We were not allowed to get on the plane and when we went to customer service we were giving the cold shoulder. She would not offer any help other then the gate was closed and there was nothing that she or anyone else could do about it. We along with a round 50 other people were trying then to find rooms, something to eat and transportation but all she kept telling us that there was a convention in town and there were no rooms to be had in Charlotte. She was not sympatric nor helpful, almost on the verge of being out and out mean. We had to ask for/if any assistance would be given to get something to eat (all of the restaurants were closed/////0 she finally gave us a voucher for $20.00 for each family to use. She did not offer a blanket or pillows, we had to ask for those and another man had to go and get these. He ended up not having enough for everyone that was in line.

Bottom line, this was not our fault that we missed the plane and we were inconvenienced. Mater of fact this is the second time that I have flown American and it is the second time that I have been forced to sleep on the floor with my wife and family in Charlotte because of missing connecting flights. Will I fly American again,? Depends on what you do to make this right. Hope to hear from you soon. I had trip insurance but as not able to use it because of the convention and the inability of your employee to help. She did not even pretent to make calls to hotels to see if rooms could be had.

Ronnie Deatherage # 7W53FL8
Kelly Deatherage Grigson
David Grigson
Annabelle Grigson
Asher Grigson

On August 2, 2018. I William Dayan and Cynthia Kummer had decided to fly to Europe with the intent with surprising my sister for her 60th birthday surprise party. After arriving at the airport to fly flight number 1647 after a delay of waiting 2 1/2 hours we were than told that the flight to Philadelphia was cancelled due to A/C mechanical failure, which I have a document letter proven that. We were than told through American Airlines that we could catch a flight with delta airlines, that we should rush to get our luggage back and get on delta, after waiting 1 hour we were told that they were booked. We went back to American Airlines counter and they than had told us there is a flight out of Miami to Madrid Spain and than to Paris through Iberia airlines which we had to rush to take a cab to get from palm beach airport to Miami Once to Miami the flight was delayed over 3 hours, because of the delay once we got to Madrid the connecting flight to Paris left without us. Once again we were told again the flight was delayed another 3 hours to get to Paris. Our total flight time took 35 hours to finally get to Paris were we missed our party. Please note that all these delays were not due to any weather issues and I have documentation for. Please note that flight 787 coming from CDC to Charlotte North Carolina had no entertainment which was also delayed almost 2 hours . Please respond promptly to my complaint as we are so overwhelmed and feel we should be compensated for our experience. I look forward to continue flying America airlines and have this issued resolved promptly. Please contact me by email.
Dayan4@comcast.net
William Dayan/Cynthia Kummer
1026 Hythe B
Boca Raton,Florida 33434 561-504-6924

I am disappointed that American airlines did not offer compensation or reimbursement after the my last flight experience. My most recent flight with American airlines involved two delayed flights, one cancelation, and a connecting flight which I missed, due to the fact that I was put on a flight that boarded before my first flight had even landed. My first flight was delayed once, then cancelled. After hours of waiting in line to get my flights rebooked, I was put on a flight which was scheduled to board before my first flight touched down. I missed that second connecting flight, and was rescheduled for a flight that ended up being delayed as well. I finally got to my destination, but arrived much later than I was originally supposed to. I appreciate that American got me to where I need to be, but I am disappointed that greater effort has not been made to compensate for the time and trouble such frenzy caused myself and my family, as they were very concerned throughout the trip. Due to the extended trouble, I also did not have the opportunity to sleep for about 36-48 hours.

Hello-American Airlines You screwed up our flight 1441 to Charlotte - This original flight from Jfk left almost 4 hours late. So we couldn't catch up to the Charlotte connection.-So i ended up paid for a hotel I couldn't use >
When I spoke to your agent -all they could offer was a discount coupon that didn't work !-8/11 Sat Sun Mon was my original Hotel stay -But I never got there -spending the night in the Airport with no way to get to Belize !

When I finally got to the Hotel they said they were notified too late So my stay there was cut short. And they wouldn't honor my 3rd day. So I Had to leave.
We Originally asked your American Airline agents and nothing was done for food or lodging-No HELP WAS GIVEN AT ALL !! Apparently you do not care about your customers
I have 1more night and I'm out of money. I would like to stay at the Radisson -on my final night ? Is that possible - you could setup a coupon for thiis - in Belize ? Also I lost the $200 for that first night and had to pay another $175 for my third night somewhere else.
JThomas

I bought a two round-trip ticket from San Deigo Ca to Southbend Ind. my sitting was so bad I decided to upgrade and pay for better sitting on way back to San Diego. when I got to the airport in Southend, my flight could no take my bags. I would have to leave my bag and take the flight or take the bus to Chicago. I needed to be home in time for work so I took the bus to Chicago. I had to pay 84.00 dollars for me and my son and I was not reimbursed for my bus fare. When I arrive for my Chicago flight. They separated me and my son and put us in bad sits. Amercian Airline treated me and my son like second-class citizen. I will never take American Airline again. And I need to pay for my bus fare to Chicago Because I pay for a round-trip ticket home. My tickets no. EZJBWT and bus tickets no 99034111

Sharon Johnson
718 Sycamore Ave. Space 178
Vista , Ca 92083
760-295-7869

Ticket # 0012181520461

Back on July 18th, the f first leg from BCN-LHR went well but for some reason they could not issue me the LHR-MIA boarding pass telling me to go to the gate at LHR,.This is when the nightmare began, There I was told that I did not have any seats that First Class was oversold, which in my 42 year of flying and over 35 with AA, I had never heard off, then I proceeded to go thru 3 ticket agents that could not tell me the why, then they tried for over 10 minutes to get a supervisor who was busy getting another passenger a Hotel room, and after trying to give me all sorts of reasons why I was bumped down all Untrue ( That I was the last to buy the tickets =NO, that I used miles to upgrade = NO, etc )finally I was told to go to the gate for there was not much time left to board, so we had to Run to hte gate & there in lies the the REAL problem for I had had surgery 5/17 & could not run but was left with no choice. At the gate I was told the same reasons for the downgrade, again I told them that had not been the case for I bought my ticket back in March 2018, knowing that I was going to have surgery (Stomach)May 17th , 2018 I did not want to risk either not getting seats ( At the time I bought the ticket there were only 2 seats taken) nor buying Business hoping to be upgraded = I BOUGHT FIRST CLASS. I was also traveling with my 3 kids in Premium Economy.
In Short my health deteriorated so much that I had to go immediately to my Surgeon on the 19th & in to the Hospital on the 20th to have all the Excess fluid that the running and carrying and Frustration caused and also place a catheter in my stomach to try and reseal the injury by removing all the excess liquid that this episode accelerated and my recovery could take 2-4 weeks
I have been with AA Advantage for over 32 YEARS and flying longer and this is not RIGHT.
I await your response for this Disaster that took place at LHR caused much distress on my family & great peril to me and now 2-4 weeks of pain.
JC Valdes

My wife and I recently took a trip from Chicago to Arequipa, Peru in July.. Our service on these flights was very poor. We went from Chicago to Dallas and then from Dallas to Lima. We then used Latam airlines from Lima to Arequipa. Specifically we left Chicago, O'Hare on July 10th at 6:35pm on flight 2300. As we prepared to board the plane, we were informed that we were not allowed to store our carry on luggage as there was no room. I informed the check in crew that I was carrying $20,000 dollars worth of camera equipment and did no pack it to be checked. I indicated at the time that the probability of the telephoto lens and or camera being damaged was quite high. She repeated the statement that it would have to be checked. I asked to speak to her supervisor, Ms. Sharon Santiago, who acknowledged the information I explained to the other personnel. I felt and explained to her that she was exposing American to serious financial liability and ruin the activities I had planned in Peru. I indicated that this was not American's Policy. She indicated that she would note this but the bag had to be checked. I checked the bag, I was furious, and was unable to get my checked carryon until we go to Lima. We were unable to depart to Lima as scheduled, specifically 10:15pm to arrive in Lima at 5:18 am on flight 909, due to a documentation issue by the ground personnel who had worked on the plane previously. I was worried and stressed all night long. We experienced a further delay in Lima as there were no gates available when we landed and this reduced the time for me to make our connection to Arequipa. I checked my equipment as soon as we got our bags. It was a miracle nothing was damaged. However, one of my checked bags did not leave Chicago. We filled out the paperwork to find the bag. This resulted in a 3 day delay in getting the bag, and a special trip to the bus terminal in Mollendo, Peru.. This resulted in a waste of time reducing the activities I had planned. Not having a change of clothing for three days in Peru was very uncomfortable and I had to reschedule some planned activities due to the lack of appropriate clothing..
The return trip became a marathon event. We departed for Lima on July 25th. Specifically, we took Latam flight 7721 at 6:20pm arriving in Lima at 7:57pm. We the attempted to check our bags in Lima for American flight 988 scheduled to depart at 11:54pm and arrive in Dallas at 7:20 am. We then were informed that there was no plane, as there was adverse weather in Miami delaying our plane. There was no information at the American check in counter. Most of the passengers were very frustrated. We left several hours late. We then were concerned about making our connecting flight in Dallas for Chicago. Specifically, it was flight 2754 scheduled to leave at 10:30am and arrive in Chicago at 12:58. We had to go through customs and were told the wrong gate information on the plane. This resulted in our getting to the correct gate15 minutes before the flight. We were not alone. There was a father whose family was on the plane and they closed the gate early. We tried to contact the plane but were told that the plane had finished boarding. The father said he was at the gate 5 minutes before we got their. We were all transferred to the next flight..
My wife and I have used American for most of our flying needs. We try to comply with all reasonable regulations and requirements. People prepare to travel according to policy. I feel that I was treated very unfairly as all '"carry on' bags are not equal. People are not freight, and have scheduled activities when they travel. We are currently planning our next trip to Peru.. I am concerned ! What are your thoughts ?

Flight 376 from Miami To Philadelphia on 8-1-18

i had a tickets leave lga to gso on 8/3/2018 at 335pm stay at airport untile 1130pm did not get greenbro nc at 1colock am sat morning this not good had to stay at greenbro all night to get a ride home. my ride had left.airport cancelling flight all night long.

I filed a Complaint about my carry on bag on June 20 and gave a 5 star rating. Never got a response from them so I drop my rating to 1 Star. It was not about the money it was about the carry on bag. I am from Arlington Tx not Kennedale. Could some one respect me and get back to me please. I gave you a lot of business over the years.

On Thurs Aug 2nd I had bought a ticket to travel from Sarasota to Balt. I originally was supposed to leave at 10:06 from Sarasota to Charlotte, then second leg was Charlotte to Balt arriving at 2:30. When leaving at 8:00 am for the airport I received the first notice that the flight was delayed. I got to the airport and eventually learned that the flight to Charlotte would be delayed to the point that I would not be able to make any connections from Charlotte to Baltimore. No other airlines had any flights for me from Sarasota and the delay was for mechanical problems according to the AA representative. The AA Rep then suggested that I drive to Tampa which was about 1 1/2 hours away and get a flight from Tampa to Philadelphia, then Philadelphia to Baltimore, which would still get me back to Balt by 6:30. The flight then leaving Tampa to Phil was delayed but it was due in at 5:03pm and the connection departed at 5:33pm so I sat at near to the front of plane as possible to be able to get right off and get to the next gate in Philadelphia. The plane landed a few minutes early actually and I immediately deplaned and sought out my gate for my Balt connection only to learn the flight had been cancelled. No other flights were available is what I eventually learned. I stood in line for 1 hr 45 minutes to try to speak to an AA customer rep, named Erica, who was the MOST unhelpful and rude person I have EVER encountered in my air travel experience. The manager, who was equally as unhelpful, Deb Gunn, told me I was rebooked on a flight for the following afternoon and I could sleep on a bench. I was denied a meal voucher, a hotel room and even though at first she said she could get me ground transportation, she then changed her mind and said if I wanted ground transportation for the 1 1/2 trip to Balt I would have to call the 800 number and have them add it to my reservation. I called the 800 number in front of her and it said the wait time to speak to anyone was greater than 60 minutes so the clock was ticking and I was panicked about the thought of my kids being unattended. The cancellation I was told was mechanical, not weather related. I tried to explain to the manager and the rep that I had unattended children that would be dropped off at my house later that evening and I the whole reason I was flying home 2 days ahead of my husband from our vacation was because my friend got us Darius Rucker and Lady Antebellum tickets for their Balt performance on Thurs night, August 2nd. So needless to say, I missed the concert, I had to call numerous people in an attempt to get someone to drive from Balt to Philadelphia to pick me up so I could get home to my kids. I had to pay someone $200 for that ride, I am out the cost of the concert ticket as I had already paid for it in advance of course, plus I am out the money for my plane ticket that was cancelled half way through my travel. I had $1.72 in my pocket and I pleaded with the manager for a meal voucher in tears. I have NEVER been so humiliated in all my life and I sincerely hope that after my complaint is received someone in American Airlines decides to make this situation right. As of this point all that I have encountered in AA so far has been unhelpful, uncaring, rude and unprofessional!
I want to be reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses, which includes car travel from Sarasota to Tampa, my ride from Philadelphia to Baltimore, my concert ticket cost, the cost of my original plane ticket and in addition I am requesting 4 round trip first class tickets for the extreme anxiety and mental distress I suffered, the treatment I received, from AA representatives in Philadelphia. To deny someone who had been traveling since 8 am on Aug 2nd and supposed to remain in airport until 4:30pm the following day, almost 32 hours with nothing to eat or drink, a single meal voucher is just absolutely horrible!!! Especially, when the whole reason I was in the situation was no fault of my own and 100% fault of American Airlines. It is my sincere desire to resolve this situation in an acceptable outcome for all, however, please know that I have been advised by friends and family to seek legal advice about this situation if American Airlines does not see fit to rectify this situation. I can be reached at 443-829-3332.

This is in regards of the cancellation of flight # AA2796 scheduled to depart at 1:41pm CT on 8/1/18 from Chicago O'Hare Airport to Miami International Airport which one after several reports of delay was finally cancelled without any substantial explanation. My wife and I spent around 10 hours at the airport during which we were in line for over two hours to reach the Customer Service counter just to be offered anything but to return to Miami the following day which was not good because that was a working day for us. Finally per our request and persistence we got to be placed on flight # AA2541 to Fort Lauderdale which departure time was 6:35pm CT but it was also delayed. We reached Ft Lauderdale at 12:00am ET and consequently we have to pay for the extra hours our car was parked. Finally we made it home at 1:40 in the morning. We are senior citizens and we were so exhausted that we could not make it to work, so we missed the day of work. I would like to know in what way American Airlines will compensate us for all that hassle and extra expenses that we incurred and also for the lack of income of the day of work missed.

Flight # 5454- 07/06/ 2018 from Birmingham, AL to eventually Venice, Italy to start Seabourn cruise to Athens, Greece:. The following is a sequence of events starting in Birmingham:

1. I am handicapped (leg amputation)- an American employee put a red tag on my walker, leaned it up against the wall near the boarding entrance and told me it would be fine there until we boarded. At boarding time, it was gone. I told another employee about the red tag, etc.. She said she knew nothing about red tags until I showed her a stack of them behind her desk. I have not seen it since.

2. After we had already boarded the Business class flight to Philadelphia and directly to Venice, American canceled the flight ( I think because only 10 or 11 passengers were on it) and rescheduled us on another flight. The employee at the desk explained the only way we would make our cruise on time would be to downgrade to coach and go through Paris-DeGaulle. I explained that would be extremely uncomfortably for me and offered to pay extra for first class. She rudely said it was that or nothing and smiling with a smirk.

3.We took that flight- our luggage never arrived. We made the cruise with no luggage, It arrived 2 days after we returned home( my dress shoes had been cut into 6 pieces).

We returned Business class Delta with no problems at all. I don't think American instructs their employees to lie and be as rude as they can, but they should look at the Birmingham, AL location and correct some problems there.

I have not been contacted by American and don't expect to be. But a simple apology would be nice.

Thanks for your time,

Joseph Whitt
josephwhitt@msn.com

hi , on the 24th of july 2018 we where to fly out to seattle wa. never got to go because planes were noy available.we was going from fay nc with a great nephew taking him to his mother. disappointed child as well as ourselves the flight was 5788. we have to travel for 50 miles to get the plane,so imagine preparing for that and then you have to return and do it all over again. We paid to travel on the 24th returning on the 26th. we only got to go on the 25th. not fair! we had so many delays as to when we going to actually fly out ,to not fly at all that day!

My name is William Jackson a (Retired Disable Veteran). This pass weekend I had a very bad experience with some of your employees. First it started at LaGuardia Airport and ended in Charlotte-Douglas as my wife and I Saturday morning 28 July 18 getting ready to leave at 7:55 to Charlotte N.C. connecting flight headed back to Atlanta Ga. Where we went to the Customer Service agent just before you board. Just before boarding they ask would anyone like to give up there seats to get a voucher starting out with $240, then they went up to 500, 800 then when they got to $1000 (NOBODY MOVED) so my wife went to the counter to obtain the vouchers for us both which first come, first serve, BUT this young man who was flying on a (BUDDY PASS) waiting to get on the plane just stood there for a couple of minutes, then told the lady he would take one of the $1000 voucher while my wife was standing there, which the customer service lady gave it to him instead of us which I thought was not very (UNFAIR) and UNPROFESSIONAL). Serving my Country for 34 years and flying to numerous of countries and cities I have never experience or been treated like this before, also I thought as a disable person we suppose to go on first, I was the last person to go on. This was so disappointing to me and my wife. last but not least, One of the supervisors in Charlotte Airport yelled at my wife about her purse.That is definitely not Customer Service. We could have chosen any other Airline but we wanted to give you guys a try for our first time and it wasn't pleasant at all from the "Beginning to the End". I wouldn't want to put this on Facebook or Twitter about my treatment if you guys would Please take care of this Matter and get back with me as soon as possible because (I know) you guys are more Professional than this Thank you for cooperation

Good afternoon

5th attemps with no reply only an acknowledgement receipt and informing me that me complaint being actioned but nothing happening, WHY?
6th attempt as my e-mailwas incorrect in last complaints - it is dwynwenjo@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you.

Your Reference number to this request: 1-27437937968

I am receiving flights feedback requests from yourselves which I would be delighted to complete once the above enquiry has been completed satisfactorily.

Still not received a reply to the above enquiry dated 25/07/2018, all I require is the procedure to reschedule a flight as I had to divert from Belize to Mexico instead of flying direct from Belize to London. Spoke to an AA Consultant in Belize whom advised me to buy a ticket privately from Belize to Mexico so I may get to Mexico in time, then make arrangements to reschedule and use my original ticket to continue the journey to London.

Appreciate your urgency in this matter enabling me to move forward with other business which is awaiting attention, without clarification from yourselves it is prevailing me from going on to other business I now urgently need to attend to..

Sincere thanks in advance

Dwynwen Ann Jones

I traveled from Miami to San Juan on the 18 of July , flight 2414, I was assigned a window seat on the back of the airplane. I arrived at the airport very early in order to change my seat . When I check in at airport, supposedly the only seat available was at the front for $73.11 , therefore since I am a very tall person, 6 feet 2 inches I decided to buy it,nevertheless it was a center seat. When I arrived at the point of the gate, I ask for a better seat and I got an aisle seat , which is better for me even though it was not a Main Cabin Extra.
I think i deserve the return of this extra money i payed for the seat. Since I didnt enjoy a main cabin extra seat.
I understand seats may become available at last minute, and your personnel do a great job trying to accomodate and satisfy many requests. But remember one thing is bussines and another is not to feel you are being treated deshonestly by company sales computer programers or whatever it is named. My reward number is F23D012.
Thank you very much.

I don't know if I can say everything in 100 words. I have traveled to Abilene,Texas several times over the years. This last trip was the final straw. On July 12, I had a flight from Columbus, John Glen International to Dallas/Fort Worth leaving at 6:20 A.M. due to arrive a 7:58 A.M. that flight was delayed because we had no crew they were late. We finally leave Columbus at 7:45 A.M. We get to DFW and make it to our gate to go to Abilene Regional only to watch our plane pulling out. Not our Fault. We was suppose to arrive at Abilene Regional at 10:00 A.M. Next flight to Abilene Regional was at 2:20 P.M. once again delayed no crew, then no plane. Next flight at 5:50 P.M. once again delayed no plane, then a tornado. We finally board and then sit on the runway because the crew had not run their computer check, then there is another issue. I've lost count with the issues and excuses by this time. I finally arrive in Abilene at 7:05 P.M. I had to reschedule my rental car that I had set to pick up by 11:00 A.M. just in case there was a delay. I just turned 65 years old and I had to spend the DA-N day in a airport. On the way back on July 17, 2018 6:31 flight. a delay from Abilene Regional to DFW. We get to DFW with just enough time to get to the gate for the flight to Columbus. We board on time but sit on the runway for an hour and a half. I finally arrived in Columbus at 1:20 A.M. OH! I have to say for all of my trouble I got a da-n $12.00 lunch voucher for the 8 hours or more I spent in Dallas. This is sick, the really sad thing is American Airlines is the only one that fly into Abilene, TX. I have lived in Columbus over 45 years and have traveled back and forth to Abilene, TX (my home) many, many times each and every time I have been stuck going one way or another or both. I can't even give a star . American Airlines You Suck!

My son just turned 18 and he was traveling alone on july 27 from Dallas to Indianapolis. Flight 2711 scheduled for 8:29 PM and arranged somebody to pick him up from indianapolis airport.
Flight was delayed to 9:15 then 9:25 then 9:35 then 9:45 and finally departed at 10:16. It was very embarassing when he came out from indianpolis airport at 1:30 am and there was no ride.

Record Locator WIZWAJ
Myself, wife and 2 19 year old daughters were returning from a wonderful vacation in Grand Cayman last Sunday, July 22. Our flight AA822 was late leaving Grand Cayman, but arrived in Charlotte in enough time to catch our connecting flight AA1749 to Pittsburgh. That flight was delayed and eventually cancelled. We were then scheduled for a later flight Sunday night, but was also delayed and cancelled after midnight ultimately because they couldn't get a crew to fly the plane. Stood in line for over an hour to try to schedule a Monday flight to NYC and then on to Pittsburgh for 4 of us.
We returned to airport in Charlotte at 7:00 AM and managed to get scheduled separately, 2 and 2, from Charlotte to Pittsburgh later Monday night.
One of those two flights was delayed by 3 1/2 hours and 2 of us got home after midnight Monday night. During this chaos we experienced, they were multiple delays, multiple cancellations, multiple gate chances, hotel costs, Uber costs, meal costs, etc. totalling extra costs to us of over $500. Charlotte American Airlines is out of control on so many levels our frustration is over the top. Disappointed in our experience. Once I use up my AA award miles I will cancel my AA credit card and find other airlines to fly.

This flight was a nightmare for sure. We boarded the plane as if all was well and then sat on the tarmac for well over an hour only to return to the Charlotte terminal. Told not to leave the area because of the uncertainty of when the plane would be leaving again. Finally boarded the plane and headed for Hilton Head where we circled HH for over an hour before the flight was turned around and returned to Charlotte. We were then told again to stay at the gate as they were trying to get a different crew to take us back to HH when in turn they cancelled the flight about 8:15. I should have arrived on Hilton Head that day at 2:00.
I understand that you say this was due to weather and they American does not have to provide ANYTHING for us.
I have lived on Hilton Head for a long time and I am aware that American has just started bringing larger planes in there. I attended the ribbon cutting with the Chamber of Commerce just a few weeks ago to celebrate this. I have been flying out of Savannah and decided to leave from the island this time. What a mistake!!!
If American is not going to be able to land due to rain, you may as well not have this service as it rains most afternoons.
I feel I was treated very unjustly and certainly deserve some compensation for this uncalled for inconvenience.

On 17 Jul I was on an American Airlines Flight from Fresno, CA to LAX. I was assigned to an Exit Row and acknowledged that Yes I could perform the required safety tasks if the situation were to call for such action. Prior to our departure the Stewardess informed me that AA recently issued a Policy that passengers in Exit Row seats would be provided with free alcoholic beverages! You CANNOT be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the law suits if something unfortunate were to take place and the passenger in an Exit Row seat was found to be under the influence of free alcoholic beverages provided compliments of AA???? Good luck with that! Suggest you revoke this policy forthwith.

Dr. Harry Howitt
210 861-9479

I made airline reservations in February 2018 to and from Tokyo, Japan on June 23, 2018 returning July 3, 2018. Diamond Princess Cruise Line ad -vised me that American Airline would give me seat numbers but I should wait for a later date to apply for seats for Cathay Pacific.
When I called Cathay Pacific (I did not take the name of the person who answered the phone because I have never had a problem with my seat assignment before.). The person who assigned us the seat was very nice. I went on the internet and checked out the seats and was pleased that the seat were in mid-plane.
We were assigned seats 41 B & C. We arrived at the airport before 7 AM, our flight was not until 10 AM. We were assigned the last two seats on the plane 72 F & G we were told that there were no other seats available .
I 'm 92 years of age, my first air flight was a flight to Miami, Florida in 1985 and I have traveled on many, many airlines and I never had this problem.
I felt like I felt when I went to college in 1944 when we had to get on the bus and take the last seat on the bus and if there were no more seats we had to stand while other people sat.
The rest of the trip was very okay.
My flight #841 JFK Confirmation # QU13WH

well on 7/22/2018 my mother in law was leaving to mexico to be exact to Morelia, when my husband took her that morning, the employee was rude and did not help my husband told him the she was not on the computer and the she did not had a reservation, so he went home with an elderly person, so at 11am I called and ask the airline what happened, and they told me the reservation was cancelled the she did not show up so they canceled her, and talk to the supervisor and he told me the we had to pay 200dlls penalty well I don't feel the we are the ones to pay for something we did not do so can you please look at this is was in Desmoines air port at 4:45 am I want my money back don't think is fair we had to pay extra

We were scheduled to fly out of Birmingham Al on 07/14/2018 to Miami and then down to Curacao to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrived over an hour before departure with many people waiting to check in. Once our turn the check in attendant said we were to late to check our bag in and would have to reschedule our flight. No other flights were going out of Birmingham Al until the next day. So we had to pay a $620.00 penalty to fly out the next day. We understand to rules with cut off times to check in baggage. I need someone from customer relations to contact me please on this issue. Home # 205-372-4635 or cell 205-657-5428. We lost two days of our vacation due to a very unprofessional employee not willing to help.

The communication, helpfulnesswas and politeness was extremely poor on the delay/cancellation of the flights I.e. when I first received the notification of delay I checked in and was told my flight and connecting flight were fine, but 30 minutes later another person at the check in desk told me my flight had actually been canceled and I was now scheduled on a flight about 5 hours later leaving after midnight leaving me, a women, stranded alone in the airport after midnight. Multiple people said they were very willing to give up their seats, but there was no announcement asking if anyone was willing to give up their seats and when several men came forward to offer their sets they were rudely told they would have to wait in line to give up their seat. The men offering to give up their seats said they did not know they had to wait in line to give up their seats (they offered after a lady in line needed to get home to her children). When another lady offered to give up her seat if they were offering money or a voucher they said they were not. They were not willing to compensate in any way, not even a food voucher while I was now stranded at the airport five extra hours. It was not just the extremely poor communication, but the rudeness to multiple customers, even those customers trying to help by giving up their seats that shocked me. I have never seen customers treated this way on Delta. When Delta has a delay/cancellation they always politely try to assist their customers. I have never heard a Delta representative be rude to a customers and even it they cannot find a flight they are politely dong their best, I saw multiple representatives be rude to multiple customers while waiting in line. When I asked for the address to write in about the situation the representative then started being rude to me.

I love American Airlines and have always except a couple times used another Airline because of scheduling. Pilots are Great. Attendents are so helpful. I rated five stars because of my experience using American Airlines in the past but feel I was singled out after cleared at the boarding counter and about 2/3 down the ramp the nice lady who ok'd me to board came down the ramp and said I had to check my carry on in and I was charged $50. First time this happened. I took pix of overhead cabins and people departing plane who had larger carry on's and some a back pack also. This happened 2x's before because of no room and my bag was checked but I was not charged. Please re-fund me. I honor rules but not what happened this morning. THE FLIGHT WAS FROM Pittsburgh to Dallas Flt AA892 6:07Am The check in lady was very professional and kind. I have pix on my cell phone but cannot load them but can bring prints to your office. I want to contin ue to fly American but feel this was unfair. My phone # is 817-532-6634. God Bless You Angelo Susini

Booked the trip to Cabo Saint Lucas for my good friends' wedding. I was 2and half hour earlier than the flight departure time to check in then realized that my name was not correct in the system ( my name is correct on the paper I have on hand which I printed out after booking the trip successful. The staff at the airport were nice and tried to correct the mistake made by original staff took the order, it still took more than 2 hours to make it right , but it was still past the boarding time so they couldn't put me on the plane to go to my friends' rehearsal dinner in Cabo Saint Lucas, instead of sending me home to catch the early flight next door. It cost me a night ocean front hotel in Cabo Saint Lucas I already paid for it, plus the taxi I had to ride back to my place , the drive the next day and spent $35 for the parking in Remote North, most important was I missed the fun time at rehearsal dinner with all my friends in Cabo Saint Lucas. I have been American Airline loyal customer about 18 years, this is unexpected unpleasant experience. I need the management team to dress my concern and take care of my loss. Thank you!

68 years old and handicap so I fly first class to be close to bathroom not walk far and pick my seat. fl from Dallas delayed, put on another airline to make connecting, delayed again. first flight not isle seat next flight 5 hours not first class row 30! can barley walk and then no food or drinks and no luggage for 24 hours bought ticket in April to assure seats very disappointed with your service and expect more then just the difference in price. Was so confusing and hard on me.hopefully you can do something to make up for this nitemare before I write a review and take this to social media. have never had such a bad experience flying first class on any airlines, the only good thing was you put me on Alaska Air and they were nice and not as rude as your people at the service counter that told me to go stand in a long line and reroute my self or call American when I am rushing to make a connecting flight. living in Alaska you cant always get a ride in the middle of the night when you screwed up my plans. CelesteLane Grimm 907-982-1293

On July 17 @ I was had a return flight scheduled for 6:40pm to return to San Antonio Flight 1751. When arrived at gate we were told the flight would be delayed to mechanical errors with the plane. The flight was then scheduled for a different time 8pm, however the flight was delayed again for reason of mechanical errors with the plane and apparently no Pilot to fly the plane as what we were being told. Flight 1751 was delayed again until 9:30pm, then 10pm @ B14 Gate then12:15am July 18th , then July 18th 1am in which me and my wife had to walk all the way to the other side of the airport from Gate C21/22. then the flight was rescheduled back to 12:30am then delayed again to 12:45am, then cancelled and I had to rebook my flight. My wife Reina Lopez missed work, I missed a very important business meeting. this irresponsible on American Airlines part and the customer service was extremely terribly poor. the flight attendants that were doing the rebooking of the tickets were extremely mean inconsiderate and could care less about everyone on this flight being left to fend for themselves and sleep in an airport. I want a refund and want to know how ill I be accommodated for American airlines lack of professionalism and continuous delays of service. I paid for a timely flight and did not receive that service only to be lead around like a puppet to different gates, my company is seriously considering not using you guys services.

someone opened my suitcase and took 2 brand new bracelets left the tags but took 2 of them. very upsetting to say the least the flight was to Ca on july6th the rest of the flight was great but it will be a long time before i consider you again.

I would like for someone to contact me regarding my recent flight from New Orleans July 9th 2018. My flight was delayed (5) times and finally left out of New Orleans to Dallas Fort Worth at 12:00 am; on July 10th, arriving in Dallas Fort worth at 1:25 am. My next flight to Sacramento did not leave until 10:34 am. Because this delay was due to mechanical issues, all customers were given hotel vouchers, taxi and f$10 food voucher. When I attempted to call the hotel to make sure they had room for me; I was told by the Hotel attendant that they had already communicated with American Airlines letting them know that they had zero vacancies. Because of this issue, I had to sleep in the airport w/o my C-Pap machine that I must sleep with daily. When I went back to the American Airline Agents to let them know that the hotel voucher was no good; they told me that there was nothing that they could do about it. This situation was unacceptable; as I paid over $800.00 dollars for my plane ticket; there is no reason why I should have been sleeping in an airport. Please contact me regarding this matter. (209)483-8984

12 JULY2018 BOARDIED :AA1612 AT 14:30 TO DFW . DUE TO WEATHER REFUEL IN KANAS CITY,WE ARRIED AT DFW 19:30 HRS.(5) HRS LATER AND DUE TO BEING DISABLED AND NEED A WHEEL CHAIR TO GET TO MY CONNECTOR . I WAS LEFT AT THE PLAIN RAMP FOR OVER (15) MIN. WAITING ON SOME ONE TO TAKE ME FROM GATE C-21 TO D-40. DUE TO THE LIKE IN JUDEMENT I MISS THE 20:00 FLT. TO RNO AND WAS SENT BACK TO GATE C-21 FOR STAND BUY TO AA1027 THAT LANDED IN RNO AT (1) AM (3) AM EST 13 JULY .DUE TO AMERICAN AIRLINE SHUFFLING ME BACK AN FORT MY BLOOD PRESSURE BECANE UNSTABLE AND I WAS NOT ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH MY WORK ON THIS TRIP. ON 18 JULY 2018 FLT. AA6013 TO LAX AA2354 AGAIN I WAS SHUFFLE BY WHEEL CHAIR WAITING .ONCE IN DFW I WAS TAKEN BY CHAIR FROM GATE A28 TO D38 BY MOTER CHAIR AND REACH D-38 WITH IN (12) MINS.FLT.AA2426 TO GSP WAS DELAYED BY (35) MINS. BECOUSE OF NO FLIGHT CREW ,ON ARRIVAL T GSP MY WALKER WAS LEFT SOME WARE AT DFW I WAS TAKEN BY WHEEL CHIR TO MY WAITING AUTO AND CURRENTLY I HAVE NO WALKER. AS A DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS I'm PROUD OF THE NAME ANERICAN BUT YOUR AIRLINE HAS TARNISHED THE NAME WE VETERANS FOUGH TO UP HOLD

On Friday 6/8/18 I scheduled a last minute trip to MIA due an important family matter which I need it to attend by a certain time (RDZDLD). I did not make it as I did not make it to a last minute gate change at LAX by AA whom failed to notify me at least few minutes in advance to have enough time to run to the new gate which caused me to miss the plane and there on completely ruined my whole reason to travel. What is AA going to do to mitigate the losses I incurred and what is worst, the aggravation of the awful deficient service to its passengers?

I already submit a complaint my flight was on July 3,2018 I need a Supervisor to give me a call ASAP 803-387-5722. My flight number was 1489 my daughter and myself. Thanks can't wait to hear from you.

Bought ticket for my 73yrs old mum on flight 3724 from New York to Cincunnati on 8/19/2018 she couldn't get on board because no one was ready to assist her find solution to a problem when checking her baggage in. I called the support line to seek assistance and the representative didn't offer any help but said it's just a basic economy ticket. Do we have to lose our money cos it's just a basic economy ticket?

recenly we had a short vacation with our son in NY . DELTA AIR LINES LOST OUR LUGAGE at the end of this complaint to them sent us fifty dollers no appoligy. At SYACUSE ON OUR WAY HOME we where book on American air lines we waited 4 hrs then they informed us the plain was broken down I was insulted by a heavy set woumen sayingI was to heavy to push my husband heard her . my husband and I are on wheel chairs we get to the second plain our seats was at the very back of the plain i AM SO VERY DISAPOITED. on how we where treated so I wrote a lE mail to complain now this lady called back her name wasJENA HER EXSTENTION WAS ANY GOOD SO HERE i AM SIR i DONT WRITE VERY GOOD BUT PLEASE CONTAKE ME THANK U SORRY FOR DRAWING OUT BUT i DEEPLY HURT WE SAVED UP A LONG TIME WE ARE ELDERLY PEOPLE WITH DISABILITYS 407 852 6417.

On July 6 my friend and I had flown from Phoenix to DFW and had a connecting flight 3872 with American Eagle to Shreveport,La.
The flight was scheduled to leave at 2:45 and after comedy of malfunctions having to refuel at least twice because the fuel truck ran out of fuel
and then a mechanical problem and waiting and having to get off the aircraft we finally departed DFW at 7 PM. i sincerely believe the pilot was
at fault to some degree as well as maintenance and fueling. Probably not the only customer that complained, In the future I will trying to avoid
flying AA.

Kindest regards,

Buster Faris

You cancel a flight from Jax to DFW tonight ( 07/15/2018)for my fiancé who has a consulting job in Dallas. You cannot get her there in time to meet her obligations so she looses $15,000.00 dollars for the week. How do you make that up to her?. . She is stuck in Jacksonville, Florida. Delta would never do this. I think I have finally convinced her to give up on American..I'm a 3 million miller with Delta. .She was a die hard American Airlines supporter until this. . any Ideas?

My Complaint is that on July 3,2018 my daughter and I were traveling to New York for a family vacation we caught a flight out of Charlotte that boarded at 11:20a.m. suppose to take off at 11:51 so we headed out to our destination and then was informed that we had to stop in Philadelphia to fuel so we stop got off the air plane for bathroom break and food we got that then return back to the plane we sat for hours after hours waiting to leave. The pilot keep saying we waiting on Clarence to take off. That Clarence never came we sat on that HOT PLANE for at least 4 to 5 Hours! No air I couldn't breath I was feeling faint I hit the button for someone assistant and they came. I ask for the oxygen mask wasn't one I also ask for a cup of ICE of course it wasn't any she brought me cup of HOT WATER what was I going to do with that? This was the WORST trip of my life. A two hour trip turn into a all day process. We never made to our destination only by Trains and Taxi's after being frustrated for so many hours not including our luggage situation that's a whole different story to contact me I can be reached at 803-387-5722 Thanks in advance.

On May 7, I booked a flight for my Pastor and Missionary friends from Miami to Port of Spain. It was part of our trip to Europe. We take equipment for audio, video, computers and Photo cameras along. Even when we streamline all the luggage and travel as light as possible for 3 weeks, we still have expensive equipment, which we cannot put in the luggage, but have to carry it on the plane.

They flew from POS to MIA with Caribbean and connected with Lufthansa to Germany. On the return we were able to check the luggage with Lufthansa all the way through to POS, and they continued the flight from Miami to POS with American Airlines. We were very happy with that because it is always a time issue to connect in the US.

Meanwhile, we got the news that they were not able to take their carry-on on the flight because it is a basic-economy ticket for all of them. It was never told to you to us that this is the case. We were not aware that there is such a thing as “basic economy” neither the consequences. The booking confirmation simply says “Nonstop, Coach”. As frequent flyers we know the regulations. Changing your fares doesn’t always reach to your Passengers and you cannot make them responsible to obtain the information. Even your own staff is not always on top of it. The procedure to pay additional fees und check-in the carry-ons is a very rude awakening and not considering the costly and precious load (content), especially when come after a long journey, tired and worn out.

With this said I want to tell you that in your competitive mind you forget your passengers and their needs. After all, its the customers who help you to stay in business.

Regards,

Burkhard Kraas

Hi. I'm Jerome Boyd Jr. and my flight was 7/9/2018 at 4:29 p.m. We got on plane sat for hours from storm in Phoenix. So then they said we needed gas because we had to fly around which would double the time, next one of the stewardess got sick so the pilot said that we could get off because we would miss our connecting flight if we had another destination. I get off the plane and had to stay at airport all night. Wow!!! Incredible... I would like to be fully compensated for the worst flight experience yet. I'm sorry do this was just horrible. My code is QOQJOA My phone n
# is 954-870-1222

On June 23rd 2018 my husband and I and our daughter were on American flight #5844 from Wichita,Ks to Tampa,FL leaving at 5:00am. We arrived late in Dallas and ran to catch our connecting flight #1351 to Tampa. When we got to the gate we were told that our flight was being delayed at least an hour. Upon arriving in Tampa my husband received a message on his phone that our luggage was not on our flight would be coming on the next flight. We had a cruise ship to catch.Talking to them at the AA office by the baggage claim, we found out our luggage would be there around 2o'clock. We were told we could go ahead to the cruise ship but that it would take 4 hours for them to process our luggage and by then the ship would have left. Which was a big B.S. It was American's fault for not putting the luggage on the correct flight that had an hour delay. They also told us if we waited for our luggage they would have a driver standing by to take us to the ship. Now the driver could take us and the luggage right away but it would take 4 hours for them to just bring our luggage. American didn't want to pay the fare and they owe us that much since it wasn't our fault. We were very anxious we have missed our cruise ship before due to baggage delay with another airlines. We went and ate a quick .lunch and then went back to the baggage claim to wait for our luggage. My husband talked to the Carnival representative there and we decided to go with them since it was getting late and we had to be on the ship by 3pm. We thought if we were on Carnival shuttle they wouldn't leave us.There was another couple that had the same problem on the shuttle with us. We made it just in time we were the last ones on the ship and we had to haul all our luggage around ourselves because the porters had already quit by that time. This is not how you want to start your vacation. I think American Airlines should at least pay the $43.98 it cost for the three us to take the shuttle at the last minute. That is not how we had planned to to get to the ship. This is the second time we have had this same problem with American and not putting the luggage on the correct flight. The last time there was a whole cart left in Dallas and we had to wait two days for our luggage along with other people for American to fly it to our first port. American use to be a good airlines but I'm beginning to have my doubts. I would appreciate a refund check for the $43.98 that your mistake cost us. I look forward to hearing a response from you. Thank You! Janice Kurtz

Ref#1-27259688910,I had a horrible experiecne with your airline. I hope this never happens to anyone else. Your airline took me and my family throuht hell it was a horrible experience you rescheduled our flight so many times until we almost missed out destination. We were a group of 14 adults and children who were tried and getting very restless some of your staff was very kind and some had very horrible attitudes. Thank God for the one that cared and delayed a flight for us so our destination was made. Coming home was almost the same except we did not make it home until the next day it Wes late at night all access to food was closed we had to leave the hotel walking to find our children somehing to eat. Next day was horrible we stood in three different lines got to the airport at 7:30 that morning but we were put on stand by because know one knew what to do with us. Finally we got service trying to check in they cut the check in time off putting us on stand by, they even told us that we could change flight for a additional $200 why our seats were already paid for our seats were purchased in 2017 for a straight through fight our flight was changed so many times that we ended up with nothing but confusion and disgust our whole group had to fly on different flights. We all came together and should have been able to leave together but oh no we have to sit all over the plane in different seats. Never again American Airlines.

We landed in Miami (MIA)on June 28th 2018 on flight 1089 from Bridgetown (BGI). Due to a plane needing a tow-bar in the gate where our plane needed to taxi in. The plan needing the tow-bar was blocking the path to the terminal. We were forced to set on the tarmac for over two hours, all the time being told that all connecting flights were also delayed, which was not true. Our connecting flight left and we were told that we needed to rebook our flight. Customer service was horrible, we were finally booked on a flight for the next day and forced to stay in Miami. After over an hour of arguments with your customer services reps, and supervisors who would not even give eye contact with us. We were given vouchers to stay at the Double Tree Hotel. We waited there at the airport for more than another hour for a shuttle that never arrived, and my son then rented a VAN costing him another $398 to get us to the Hotel. Lastly when we arrived at the airport the next day to continue our journey home, your customer service reps tried to re-charge us for luggage we had already paid for. Again involving another supervisor, to finally get our bags on the plan and not be double charged. This was a horrible end to what was suppose to be a long needed vacation. We were extremely un-satisfied.

I filed a complaint over a week and a half ago and I was told I would get a response in 2 to 3 days, I am tired of being pushed to the side because you don't want to here my complaint. I will take this to the media if I don't get a response soon. I was misled and lied to to my face by a manager at the ticket gate and American Airlines seem to not have a problem with this. Can I please get a response to my complaint?

I am writing in regards to my mothers flight on 7/2/18, flights 2410 and 2351. My mother plane was ground for greater than 2 hour due to mechanical reason. She boarded the plane on time and then was forced to remain on the plan for 2 hour before being asked to exit the plane and reschedule her flight. During the time that she was on the plane she was not offered anything to drink or eat. She reschedule her flight, board again for the second time and again had to remain on the plane for 2 hours due to security reasons, again not being offered anything to drink or eat. She was not offered at any time food vouchers to eat while she waited between this 2 flights. I feel that she was treated unfairly and that no person should have to wait on a plane for 2 hour without their needs being met ie: food and drink. I am greatly disappointed in the treatment of mother and request a full refund of her ticket. She can be reached by phone if you have any question at 1 719-345-3386 or 1 719-285-5366. She does not email... Please email me with any questions or concerns.

Sherry Mauzerolle

When my new luggage ( 1st time use ) arrived in Punta Cana, it was wrapped with AA strapping tape. The zipper was broken.
I have photos which I took before opening the suitcase and I had to get creative by stitching the zipper closed with Dental Floss ( very strong! ) in order to get it home. I also have the receipt from the luggage purchase ( $ 129.99 ).
My flight and baggage information is as follows:
FLT # 845 - June 20, 2018 10:26 am arriving Punta Cana 2:20 pm.
BAGGAGE tag # AA 87 86 50 (7001878650) PNR: IHDJVN
Respectfully,
Paula Kearney-Cuff

I flew American airlines for the 1st time with my wife to St Lucia we left las Vegas on the 19th of June and returned on the 24th of June

we upgraded our tickets both ways from las Vegas we upgraded to 1st class no service at all not even offered a glass of water next flight
at least they offered you something flight coming home but were still very rude we upgraded our tickets coming home for more leg space
saw there were 2 seats open in 1st class tried to get them instead they brought someone from the back of the plane who was a very large
man and took up both seats I don't know if this is normal policy for your airline but in the future I would think twice about flying with you I always
thought if you upgraded you would be treated better than we were probably nothing would come about this but I thought you should know
art

so is there a problem today on this site. I would like to complain about my flight from louisville ky to huntsville al my spouse was informed my flight would be an hour late which was not true since i was already in huntsville she informed my ride of this which resulted in me sitting there for an hour and a half on my return she was informed my flight was cancelled till the next day this also did not happen this undo stress on my family and those who were to pick me up this was all not needed i was disappointed in this treatment. thanks Herbert c Pate

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 I took American Airlines flight 2216 from Chicago, Il to Portland, OR departing 5:40pm. I was the first person in one of the last groups to board. As I stepped into first class, a stewart asked me to "wait" and then proceeded to ask every seated passenger in first class for their drink order. I had a carry on bag plus a personal item and had waited some time to board. Only a few people ordered a drink and most looked at me, standing behind him, waiting to get through.
In some countries, on public transport, people give up their seat to a senior like myself with grey hair. For an American Airlines stewart to ask me to wait while he took orders that could have waited, was not only a surprise but rude. I think he would have gotten more drink orders if he had waited.

on June 14, 2018 I flew from Sacramento, Ca to DWF on flight 2338. Before boarding in Sacramento passengers were told if they had roll on, carry on luggage that it would not fit overhead and courtesy check bag at door. I have a new Delsey Luggage bag from Paris and complied. When I arrived at DWF I went to baggage claim and retrieved my suitcase. The brown trim was ripped away from the bag and black scuff marks were on the light tan side of the case. I have attached a picture of the damage. Otherwise I have been very pleased with the polite and professional attention from your airlines. I have never filed a complaint before but hope that some compensation will be forthcoming.
Thank you.
Deloyes Bathe
2311 W. Grapevine Mills Ci. Apt. #1309
Grapevine, Texas 76051

I cannot get any help with my lost bag. None..No one at American Airlines knows anything. Thanks

My flight was canceled last minute June 12th. I missed my meetings, my company dinner, It was a great inconvenience!!! Plus I got to spend another 7 hours in your airport. I was never told why the flight was cancelled.. Just is. You made my trip hateful from the very start. I will never use you again.. I should get a refund of my ticket!!!

On 6/6/2018 I took nonstop flight 403 from Las Vegas to Philadelphia to attend my brothers wedding and a family reunion with siblings I rarely get to see. I wanted to take my small suitcase with me on the plane, but was not allowed to do that. Your agent insisted I check my bag. I did, and your airline promptly lost it! I am now across the country with the clothes on my back, no prescription glasses, no medication, and an automated voice telling me you still can't find my bag. Thank you for ruining my trip, and offering impersonal and inept service. How exactly do you lose luggage on a nonstop flight? If a passenger has a small suitcase and wants to bring it on the plane, LET THEM. Especially if you can't be relied on to keep track of it when it's checked! I don't fly often, but this experience ensures that I will avoid using American Airlines ever again. Horrible experience.

I filed a Complaint Reference a Flt I took on 05/10/2018 from Ontario Ca to Newark NJ.I received a e-mail dated 05/28/2018, Ref#1-26984296299 stating that arrangements have been made for a $100.00 eVoucher (via a separate email) for each of you toward the purchase of a ticket to travel with you. I hope that I am giving you enough time, however I am ready to use those Vouchers. As of now I have not received them, our record locator were SQSZHV. Any more information you need from me, please let me know. Thanks for your Support.
Arthur Irving
909-907-5578

I am so disappointed at your service. I called and requested a wheel chair from gate to gate for my old age and injury passenger. I found out that wheel chair came pick her up after a very long flight from London but was taken to wrong gate. after few hours because she was suspicious at where she was, she then asked a stranger who took her to the correct gate for the flight by walking far distance. she is now in pain on knees and back. I suggest AA better start ready for hospital bill and extra. Very disappointed to here this while am still on deployment.

KADIRI, WASIU
US Army

i booked a flight to montgomery alabama,flight changes were made,i was not notified.
when i arrived at the airport i was told that i could go to charlotte but i could not get
to montgomery.the reason for my flight was to attend the college graduation of my
granddaughter in auburn, alabama and my daughter was going to pick me up in montgomery.
the graduation was monday,may 7 at 10;a.m.
to be able to attend the graduation i took an uber car from birmingham to auburn at a
cost of 212.37 dollars.
i would appreciate reimbursement.
sincerely yours, jerome robinson

My booking reference number is JMCMVC, first off, I had to change my flight date from Las Vegas to Washington and correct my surname to Brandes because my son who booked this trip used my married surname San Buenaventura and not my maiden last name Brandes reflected on all of my legal IDs/documents. The representative on the phone whom I spoke to was very efficient and helped me to rebook my flight and correct the surname but she failed to mention that all my existing seats reserved for the multiple flights that was booked under that reservation would be totally erased or deleted. We reserved seats during the booking online because I was travelling with my family from BMI to SJ PR thus my stress began. I found out later on when I arrived at the airport for my first trip that my original seat reservation was non-existent when I tried to check-in and that seats will be assigned to me when I check-in at the other airports, to my dismay couldn't even find any available seats on the mobile app which caused me to panic since I seemed to not have any seat at all. My daughter tried to reserve seats for me thru phone representatives but to her dismay was only informed that I will only be assigned seats at each airport that I check in at. Very frightening to think that you don't even know where you are seated and can't even choose where to sit or be seated next to your daughter who wants to spend time with you because she is about to enter the military and won't be able to see her mom for a long time. I rate this experience from 1-10 10 being excellent a 1.
Next incident, the day before I leave SJ PR to go home to Las Vegas, I receive an email telling me that there is a delay in my flight to ORD (Chicago) but I had already checked in online. Next email says I may miss my connecting flight to LV because of the delay of the connecting flight. I had to call 3 times and speak to a representative but no other flight going to LV that same night! Panic attack again! I had work the next day 7am PST. I tried to get another booking and the representative I spoke to on the phone found me a plane leaving in an hour so we all rushed to the airport not even folding the clothes just stuffed it in the bag. At the airport, I couldn't check my bags in, the machine kept saying see an agent and I did but he couldn't print a baggage tag too saying that the plane may be closed for luggages now. Such wrong choice of words to tell a passenger who has been through a lot just to get home that same day! He made me fidgety and panic attacks surged up again. Finally I was referred to the main customer service lane and I had my luggage checked in. Next rush was to get to the gate before it closed. 12:15PM and TSA line was ridiculously long. 12:44 is my boarding time, I am still nowhere near the end of the line. I got out of the TSA area 12:59 and ran for dear life got there just in time for my group number to be called to board. Arriving at FW Dallas, I had to run to the airlink to get to my connecting flight gate 7. Then run again to the gate because there was just 20minutes in between landing and next boarding for connecting flight to Vegas. I got there just in time again for boarding for my group number. After being settled and waiting for the plane to close its doors, 20 minutes or so later, they announced that there was a delay and we shall be leaving in a few minutes. That never happened because we were all asked to deplane and get all our belongings and wait for further announcement. So we waited until the caterer truck that was stuck under the plane was finally able to get out from under the plane and AA ground crew had to investigate if the plane was still safe to fly. Finally after more than 30 minutes we were asked to board again and this time with no order at all. Everybody wanted to get to their seats right away and fly asap! After all this trouble, I thought I would get to Las Vegas earlier than expected but we landed in McCarran airport more than an hour late. As you can see all of this has caused me a lot of running, panicking that I may miss flights, scared that I may get lost in new airport destinations, stress because of all the trouble that one delayed ORD Chicago flight caused me! I shall await your prompt action and response on this matter.

Zegrid Brandes

My Mother that is 84 years old in a wheelchair was stranded on American Airlines Sunday April 29th 2018. She missed her flight from Dallas, TX due to flight cancellation to Nashville TN. She was scared and crying!! I drove over an hour to Nashville TN airport to get her and she wasn't there!! Then had to come home and go again the next morning to the airport. We use American Airlines a lot. But now....it is in question.....We hope American Airlines will give my Mother a free ticket since she travels 2 or 3 times a year.

Your company doesn’t even rate a single star! I fly Southwest weekly but had to fly American this week to get to Little Rock AR. Wow what a difference. Your people treat passengers like livestock. Entitlement attitude! Like I was doing them a favor. American has a great deal to learn about how to treat passengers. Two of my four flights were late. They took my bag in Little Rock on the return but when Ingot on the plane here were 4 or five places to put it in the overhead!
You and your team are really organized! Had to wait an additional 3 minutes for my small bag in Las Vegas! That was after the flight was one hour and 45 minutes late taking off!! God I miss Southwest. Needless to say the only time I will consider American in the future will be in pure desperation! Thank you for a truly miserable two days of travel!

On May 4th my flight AA1753 was delayed several times, then cancelled at end of night, when I went to gates to see what to do there were two lines to get changes, I let people go before be as some were more frustrated than I, the other line was down to 1 person so as there were only myself and one other left, I walked to other gate and as I got there he said "I just clocked out". I went back now I was last one, and the only one who had to be rebooked through a connecting flight in morning. I was not happy, I paid for a non-stop, I won't do connecting flights. He said only other option was 5:45 pm. The employee said there was nothing else he could do, did not inform me I could use another airline, I ended up just coming back home, telling him that wont work for me. Called AA when I got home they told me nothing they could do. This was not weather related, and there was no, not even minor compensation offered regarding this extreme inconvenience. Thank you for your time and response.

I have traveled approximately 200 times in first class in my many years traveling and never experienced such poor service as on a recent American Airlines flight. I want to mention too that this is the first time I have ever filed a complaint after about 45 years of traveling. On April 24 on AA412 from Philadelphia to San Francisco, I boarded wearing a blue blazer. I held the blazer awaiting the Stewardess's (Sandy) assistance in hanging my coat. I ordered water and my wife, Diane ordered a ginger ale prior to our take-off. As Sandy was delivering the ginger ale, a hole in the plastic cup caused the beverage to leak all over my coat. Sandy briefly apologized, speaking to the hole in the cup as the cause. Surprisingly, she never again addressed the incident or took my coat for hanging for the rest of the 6 hour 18 minute flight! The only mention of the incident was to indicate in mid-flight that "you shouldn't feel like you're alone in your misery, one of the pilots also got a cup with a hole in it." I couldn't believe it!

I'm really not trying to seek any reimbursement for this (although it cost me $8.00 to have the coat cleaned). I really just wanted to bring your attention to the lack of service. I've never had to hold my sport coat in my lap in first class for a 6+ hour flight! Your Sandy really doesn't belong in first class servicing your customers!

I thought this was deficient enough service that American Aurlines really needed to know!

Joe Abbott

I am not one to ever complain, in fact I try to calm others down when they get upset over silly matters. With that being said, I did feel compelled to let you know I just had the worst travel experience of my life, and I mean both the going and return flights equally bad. I left Midland Airport on Monday 4/918 flight #5993 and that leg of the travel went well nice crew and clean plane and left on time, and now the fun begins when I arrived in Dallas I boarded flight 2387 to Charlotte NC, The flight was severally overbooked and my seat (that I reserved) was moved to a center seat 29E (I am 6'2" and approx. 245lbs so I try to get aisle seating. Then the 737 had mechanical issues so we all just sat there waiting, the captain did keep us informed which made it a more bearable and still landed a little late, then on the return flight back to Dallas #224 once again overcrowded conditions and again mechanical issues, however this time no information coming from the captain we just sat there, emotions started building as people started realizing our connecting flights were going to be missed. Finally the Captain came across approx. an hour after we were supposed to leave saying it was a minor issue and non critical to the flight and it would be resolved shortly. All the while there was an intoxicated woman causing a scene and largely being ignored by crewmember and the captain (she should have been escorted off the plane, but that is just my opinion). so after another thirty minutes or so we were cleared to leave. we arrived in Dallas very late and were met by One "ONE" ticket agent to assist everyone that missed their connecting flights, so after standing in that line we were taken off site to a hotel that was largely under construction and was old and outdated and given a 7.00 meal voucher that was really more of an insult than a help. I finally arrived home 13 hours late and missed my much needed cardiology appointment which now I have to wait another three weeks for my medication update. So I guess long story short how are you going to make this up to me, because as it stands now I don't see myself using your services after your 7.00 apology. please feel free to call or email.

P.S. Then crew was extremely professional especially when they did have to talk with the intoxicated loud and obnoxious lady.

Richard Kinney
Operations Manager
Republic Services
254-205-8006

Ohare airport 6:00 am on Thursday April 12, 2018. Security checkpoint 7. A woman named Evelyn (red blazer) was shockingly rude to me as I asked her if there were other security checkpoints open at the other end of the terminal; the line was moving unusually slowly. I mentioned I’ve never seen it this long so early (at least not in the past couple years) as I travel often for work, typically in terminal 1 or 2. It was a simple question and she told me I can just go fly United then. I understand maybe there is nothing she can do, but saying that along with a simple comment of apology for the wait would have been a less aggressive, more acceptable and more normal response. A little politeness can go a long way, and so can a lack of it.

Our flight was cancelled in Philadelphia going to Syracuse. We could not get on the next flight. But would need to wait until morning. We said we would try standby as well. They did not allow us to bring our carryon luggage from west palm beach. They told us the overhead compartment was full. My husband has life supporting medical equipment including a cpap machine and a heart monitor. Plus our overnight clothes and toiletries for a delay like this. We were not able to retrieve our carryon bag. We had to pay for a hotel and food and go there without any of our personal items including necessary medical equipment. We were given the runaround at the airport sent from counter to counter. We spent our entire day there. We have been an Advantage member for many years flying USAIR and now American. I don’t know if I will continue business with this airline.

We were on a flight to Maui and it was cancelled due to maintenance problems. We ended up stuck in Phoenix. It was 1200 in the afternoon, I find it difficult to believe they couldn't get an airplane to fly us to Maui. No one notified us until after the fact, I found out from the people in front of us.

We went to the counter to procure our new flight information. There were 3 representatives there assisting. We were in the middle line and were being helped by Ida. She was not helpful at all. We had to settle for 2 rooms when we had 3 families travelling with us. The gal at the next station gave perks to her customers, like $airline credits. When we asked, Ida was rude. My son went over to the person handing out the credit and she told us she only gave credits to "her people" Great.

We planned this vacation for 2 years with our family and had to pay for the night's hotel in Maui despite the fact that we weren't there. I don't understand why a major airline couldn't get us on another flight. They gave us airline miles, big deal. My children don't fly and that is useless.

I would appreciate a telephone call from American Airlines about this!

My advantage #1MV50B6 for flight details. I was treated unprofessionally and denied a hotel voucher after being delayed at the customer service counter for over two hours. Your staff members were not helping, are on their personal phones, and laughing at customers. It is all recorded. I have video and witness evidence. I was denied access to a supervisor when I asked. I would like reimbursement for hotel and my complaint will end. I have the receipt and used my AAdvantage Credit card for proof. We were humiliated and felt threatened at your service counter. Please reply by return email.

Agents at the boarding counter extorted money from me for a double baggage fee. I was forced to pay a fee despite a bag that fit the requirements for boarding and flight that was not full, and was verbally threatened by the agents.

Booked my flight,( booking # 32135373.2)(locater TLIFEA) submitted an email address for update. was not informed of the many cancellation/ updates or changes on flights via email. Stranded at airport on my arrival and departure trips for hours due to the many changes. After long delay on my return flight, was give a complimentary sandwich by AA staff that was expired, spent over 6hrs at airport waiting for the flight out of Jamaica due to mechanical problems that then forced me into an overnight stay in PHL without any extra funds for food.
This trip left me so exhausted, frustrated and totally took away the joy of my vacation. I had never had such bad experience in travelling and feels it necessary to share.

When I retrieved my luggage at Detroit airport after flight from Phoenix the front of it was covered with a black substance which I cannot get off. It looks like it's oil based but I'm not really sure. This is a brand new piece of luggage & first time used. While some wear & tear is to be expected, this is unacceptable!

To whom it concerns: On Monday May 19 I had a connecting flight from Savannah to Wichita flight 1251 the Monday flight was canceled and I was rebooked on flight 1251 Feb. 20, that flight was canceled, not sure why it was raining but have never before had a flight canceled because of rain. I then booked a flight on Southwest Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. and arrived safely home. My expenses incurred are as follows: Uber rides to hotels and airports $157.50 meals $85.00 hotels $92.70 and Southwest ticket $$232.00 My expense total of $567.20 i feel should be reimbursed as the Monday flight if had flown I would not have these additional expenses for travel. A voucher or credit would be sufficient, I'm not sure how you handle this but your help would be appreciated.
Craig Stuart

I paid $40 for exit seat. Knowing that if the flight was full, this would provide me ample room for my carryon bag. An expensive samsonite designed for overheads on CRJ 900 and other aircraft. Flight 5533 on Feb 16 Stewardess Ashley (refused to give last name) made me take my carryon out of the empty overhead where it fit easily and check it. I had to unpack all my electronics. She stated that all rolling bags are not allowed on This flight. Yet others were in the overhead. I was annoyed and inconvenienced by her arrogant and power trip attitude. I would like her to be reprimanded so passengers with carry Ina that fit and are safe can use the overheads.

My wife and I were scheduled to fly from Boston to Miami on 2/9/18 on flight AA2538 with departure at 6:40 AM. We arrived 5:30 AM and checked in. At the gate, we discovered that there was no plane for our flight. When we inquired as to why there was no plane at the gate, the gate agent told us that they were bringing a plane from the hanger. Slightly after the 6:40 departure time, a plane was brought to the gate and boarding began. Sightly after 7 AM the plane was boarded and we were told that it needed to be de-iced. Our departure from Logan finally took place at about 7:30AM. Because of the late departure, we arrived in Miami at about 11 AM. Our connecting flight AA2405 departed at 11:10 AM and we missed the connection. There is only one daily flight to Antigua from Miami and so we were told that we were being re-booked for the next day's flight at the same time. When I inquired about accomodations for for that evening we were told that we were on our own because our Boston to Miami pilot said we had a weather delay of 20 minutes. That simply was not true as there was first a failure to bring a plane to our gate for the scheduled 6:10 AM .boarding which resulted in a late boarding which I contend result in a push back beyond 7 AM. This all culminated in my wife(Advantage Gold WAA8238) and I losing a day at our Antigua resort which we were charged for plus having to also pay for a hotel in Miami as well as meals for one day. We feel we should be reimbursed by American Airlines as the whole problem stems from the fact that a plane had not been brought to the gate on time. The Miami gate re-booking supervisor told us that what the pilot reported and policy regarding a delay of 20 minutes or less resulted in her decision not to provide a hotel for us. As I stated above, I believe that she had inaccurate information and I am asking to have this rectified. I would like to hear from you about this.I have receipts for the hotel and food.

I was boarding a flight from Chicago Ohare to Palm Springs California And the ground crew bumped my wife and I from our seats to give them to a lady in a wheel chair who refused to wait until everyone had boarded so the could get her to her seat at the year of the plane. We called and complained and were told we would need to write in to get any action. They could not authorize any adjustment on the phone. I emailed customer service and after three emails was told they could not authorize giving us those seats, on our return flight in May, without an additional charge
It seems the way to discourage you is " NOT MY JOB" response. My last email I suggested they give me the name of someone in autority and got no response

We flew from Philadelphia to Garden City on January 25th. The staff there at the PHL airport were not accommodating at all! They stopped us in the security line and told us the bag, that we carried on on the way to PA and fit under the seat perfectly, was too big. They made us go clear back down to the ticket counter and check the bag for $25!! That put us out of line, so when we went back up, we had to go clear back to the back. Thankfully we had allowed PLENTY of time at the airport or we would have missed our flight..... All because of the grouchy security person who thought they knew more than we do. Next time we fly we will definitely consider another airline!!

Re:Flt #1904 from Tampa, FL to Charlotte NC...date 10 Feb 2018
Flight was delayed arriving at TPA due to "weight and balance issues" at its departure location. Delay was approximately 45 minutes. (the layover to make the connecting flight from CLT to LGA was 45 minutes) Therefore if things went on schedule,, it would be virtually impossible to make the connection without intervention by AA. During the delayed flight to Charlotte, I asked the flight attendant if she would ask the pilot to request through the company, to hold Flt #682 at the gate for apprx 15 minutes to allow for the connection that myself and 7 others on the plane were going to try to make in Charlotte. She said she would in fact ask the pilot. She then proceeded to go back and chat with the other Flt attendants for 5-10 minutes. When she again walked by, I inquired as to whether she passed along my request to the pilot. She responded that the lead Flt attendant told her not to do so, and that AA would already be doing that without such a request. (I knew that would not happen). When we arrived at Charlotte, I RAN to the OTHER TERMINAL (64 years old)...As I got to the departure gate of the connecting flight before the Take off time...the plane was just clearing the loading ramp and backing out. AMERICAN AIRLINES had obviously done nothing as I anticipated to alert Flt 682 of the late arrival of 8 passengers going onto New York. There were no other flights out of Charlotte to New York, resulting in an overnight stay in Charlotte. There was a complaint worthy delay at the customer service station as well, as both parties manning the booth appeared to not have the proper knowledge or authority to make the overnight arrangements. I was delayed an hour at the customer service station awaiting approval for the hotel. The hotel was about 15 minutes from the airport and was a dilapidated quality inn (photos attached of interior of room). I travel a great deal for work and am an AA member...but will definitely shy away from the airlines if this is the customer service that American airlines advertises as quality and caring. There were many ways to solve this along the way, NONE of which your employees did.

Have feedback for American Airlines?