Target Customer Service
Rated 2 of 5 Stars

Contact Target Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-440-0680

Welcome to the Target complaints department for customers. If you have a problem with either service or products at Target you can call 1-800-440-0680. If you would like to contact the CEO, Brian C. Cornell in a posted letter you may address the letter to him at Target Plaza South, 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403. You may find answer to concerns at the shopping experience page of their website.

Recently, Target complaints have increased due to a data breach where credit card information was stolen. There was also a substantial customer boycott of Target due to a new bathroom rule passed in 2016. Because of both of these items the stock price has decreased and many wonder if the retail giant can compete with Walmart and Amazon long term.

Target Corporation is the second largest discount chain in the United States and operates mostly in North America. You will find home goods, food, pharmacy and clothing in their large outlets. With 1790 stores and over 355,000 employees Target operates 37 distribution centers. It is publicly traded on NYSE:TGT and in 2013 reported sales of US 71 billion and revenues of US 72 million.

Founded in 1902 by George Dayton and called Goodfellow Dry Goods Target opened its first Target store  in 1962 and in 2000 became Target Corporation. Unlike their primary competition Target does not sell fire arms and as of the early 1990’s even stopped selling toy guns that looked real. They do sell colorful gun-type toys. Since 1996, unlike their primary competition, Target has not sold tobacco of any kind. Their motto is: Expect More. Pay Less.

If you need to contact corporate in another way there are many options. Other forums to share your experience might be in Target Corporation social media arenas such as FacebookTwitterYouTubePinterest.

Upset with Target?

File a complaint here!

Reach Target Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Target corporate office

• 1000 Nicollet Mall
    • Minneapolis
    • MN 55403

1-800-440-0680

Top Target Complaints

The holiday commercials with the little girl and the target dog are airing like crazy this time of year. Where in the world did you find this girl? She had to be one of the most annoying children I've seen in ages. Those giant teeth! I'm sorry but thumbs down on this holiday campaign. She's too annoying to watch.

Comment (0)

I never complain about Target, but now I have to, and is the worst ever store experience in my life. While begin our adventure for Black Friday shopping, we start going to Target store before it even open on Thanksgiving Day. Guess what, the nightmare just begin.

As soon the store open we are the third guest in the store, soon we heading to what we there for, electronic! As advertised on the Black Friday AD, we going to shop for the Beats Solo 2 Wireless Headphone which sale for $119.99. But unfortunately, door buster deal is just a total disappointment for us. Not even one available at the store, even though we are among the first guest at the electronic department inside target store. Oh well,it is only 6pm, I told my daughter still early, let go to another Target store to get her the Headphone.

As we travel thought 6 different Target store, from Brooklyn, to Staten Island, and then New Jersey. Not one store has them, don't even know what to do now for my daughter. While thinking for solution, friend of my called, he is shopping for the same thing and he got better luck. He was shopping at Best buy looking for the same headphone and they were out of stock as well. But Best buy store somehow offered my friend the Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphone for the price of the Solo 2, as a substitution.

Wow, maybe I can do the same for my daughter. But my friend told me Best buy sold him the last two Solo 3 Headphone. Okay, I told my daughter let go to the Target Store in Jersey and try to see I can get her some substitution from Target Store. It is when the nightmare actual starts. As I got to the electronic section, first I still try to see they have the Solo 2 Wireless, of course they don't. So I asked can I get a rain check? The Target sales rep gave me an unforgettable respond,

"Are you stupid or something? Nobody give rain check on Thanksgiving". My god, what's wrong with this Target team member? Since they are so busy I can't find another sale rep, I have no choice and patiently ask the same guy more question, only because it is for my daughter. I asked, do you have any kind of substitution for that Door Buster deal? The answer is very simple and straight forward, "No!"

I tried to clam down, let me try again. Sir, I see you have two Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphone on the shelf, I understand that it is the new version of the solo wireless headphone, the original price is the same as the solo 2, will you able to offer me that as a substitution? The reply is " let me tell you something, no way, take it or leave it".

I can't control anymore, as I am about to respond, my daughter is holding me tight and crying. She said, daddy I am scared, lets get out of here. So I just walked out the store.I am very upset about the Target Store experience. First, how come no store has the Solo 2 Wireless Headphone in stock as advertised, not even one? It make no sense. Second, as the Target Store didn't make appropriate measurement, didn't even offer rain check or any substitution when asked.

Third, and the worst, what kind of people is this as a target team member? Is it the way and language to use? I didn't able to find the name of that person, I will, and I will takes this further, as of now, my daughter don't even want to go to any department store, she is afraid and worried it will happen again.

Comment (36)

I shop at Target Stores a lot and tonight I was there and bought a pair of gloves (getting a little chilly out) The gloves were 30% off and when I got to the register to pay she rang them up at the normal price. I told her they were 30% off! She said that I needed an app on my phone to get the 30% off. I told her I don't have a smart phone just a flip phone. She said that I couldn't get the discount then. The lady behind me in line was nice enough to let me use her app an I did receive the discount but I shouldn't have to do that.

I am retired an on a fixed income an I am not getting a smart phone. There should be some way the cashiers can take care of discounts when customers don't have these type of phones. I guess that is what I have to say.

Comment (22)

I applied for a red credit card today 11/28 around 12:30 am. I was approved, with a confirmation number. I reviewed a credit card # as I was going to purchase some Christmas items online Cyber Monday. This afternoon when I went to make the purchases I was unable to. I had a notice there was technical difficulties and I would receive a response in 2 weeks. I have attached both emails.
This has me very very upset. I had my hopes up and then you blew them up. That is very very unkind of you to do this.

I went ahead an purchased the one item on my MasterCard as my grandson had his heart set on it for Christmas. The other items I will purchase elsewhere. I do love your store but will refrain from shopping there unless absolutely necessary. I am not upset if my application was denied. I am upset that you approved my application and then took it away. Shame on you.

Comment (0)

Please be careful with Targets delivery promises. I ordered Christmas lights from them yesterday for store pick up the same day and waited all day for the lights to come in. I called the online orders this morning who told me that it was the stores fault and the store said it was distributions fault because they could not handle all the orders. They said they will try to fill the order in the next 24 hours even though their website still says I can pick up the items today and even gives me an aisle number in the store. I asked to speak to a Supervisor who also is not available for 24 hours.

Comment (0)

While I am extremely happy about the fast delivery and the overall quality of the kidkraft kitchen I purchased last week for my granddaughters birthday, I am extremely upset that the kitchen has missing pieces. This is my second purchase from this vendor and both times the item came with missing pieces. To add insult to injury you can't call someone at Target corporate and have the parts replaced you are required by Kidkraft to fill out a claim. This is unacceptable. I purchased a brand new item I shouldn't have to fill out a claim to get parts that should have been included. Missing are two of the stove knobs and the two over the dishwasher just below the sink. Please make this error right asap. Also, if you are going to make your customer jump through hoops you should disclose this information prior to any purchase.

Comment (0)

Today, November 23, 2016 I was at the Target store in Hanover PA - 31 Wilson Ave. I tried to purchase the Beats powerbeats2 wireless earbuds for the online sale price. I was told by the sales associate in electronics I could not do that. So I went to the customer service desk and asked if they price matched there online prices and was told yes they do. When told I was trying to purchase the Beats he told me they couldn't price match them. I said you just told me you price match your online sales.

He then become rude and ignorant and told me that they don't have to price match nothing. I was trying to price match the online sale price and use the cartwheel app to purchase the beats earbuds. After being disrespected and treated like garbage I left the store disgusted on how I was treated at this store today. Totally shocked that there is a sign at the customer service desk that says, only to be told that Target doesn't have to price match anything. Not sure if I will be going back to this location anytime soon, and will be letting people know how I was treated.

Comment (7)

I visited the newly opened, small Target in Hyde Park on 53rd Street in Chicago. I am very disappointed that a section of about 5 feet with some shelving is all that has been devoted to pet needs. This is crazy - Hyde Park is filled with pet loving people, so you will be missing out on sales. There were 4 options for cat litter on the bottom shelf. Tidy Cats Instant Action was not there and it is one of the most popular brands in larger Targets. Hardly any cat food. Overall, the pet section is a joke. Please consider enlarging this section. I was so looking forward to going here and now I won't be.

Comment (0)

I purchased a microwave from the Target Store located on 2701 Castor Ave. Philadelphia Pa. It was late when I got in and left the item I purchased in the car overnight. The next morning when I brought the items in. One of my staff opened the microwave and sat it on the counter. In moments she was calling me cause she saw roaches coming out the microwave. The microwave had finger prints and residue that allowed me to see it was not new. When I called the store I was told to bring the items back, I refused I was not putting it back in my car. I offered the store manage the opportunity to come get the microwave, he declined. I was referred to call corporate. After speaking to 4 people finally someone was helpful and took my information. I admit I was very upset and frustrated.

I had to have my business exterminated and my car. About a week later I saw a roach in my car. I contacted them and I was told some would be in contact with me. I called Target Insurance claims department for a week and no call back. I had to rent a car to get my car exterminated serval times. I finally spoke to a claims representative who wanted me to send receipt and pictures, but offered no solution. I was told he would review the information and get back to me. This problem has been going on for weeks. It has been the worst experience ever. I feel target is inconsiderate and care nothing about their consumers. I have learned that roached hide in dark places and cars have many cracks, vents and small places that allow them to hide.

Comment (0)

I visited Target on Hwy 280, Birmingham Alabama on Oct 29 2016. I visited the restroom and the conditions were unsanitary. I went to guest services to make the store aware. Another lady went to report it as well. Before I left the store, I returned to the bathroom and the only think that had been done was one trash can had been emptied. The uploaded pictures reflect how the restroom looked after the complaints had been made and time had passed to rectify the problem.

I went back to guest services and asked for a team leader and was asked if it was about the bathroom. Important note---the shift had changed but the new person at guest services knew about the bathroom. When the team leader arrived about 7 minutes later, I asked her to come view the bathroom. She told me she was going to do that and she had 4 or 5 others things to take care of and she had just came to work. She dismissed me saying she other things to take care of. On the upside, the cashier was very pleasant and professional . I won't be returning to that store and my only shop online for now, if at all.

Comment (0)

On 10/29/16 at the Cheyenne, Wyoming Store we made a purchase and used coupon to get a $10 gift card for $50 spent storewide – a coupon we had received on the back of a Christmas Toy Flyer. We actually had $100 worth of items so we asked the cashier if we could split the order into two – Scott would buy $50 on his RedCard and Debbie $50 on her RedCard and then we could each get a $10 gift card. She said we could. However we didn’t have a second coupon.

We thought she would give us one. She rang up half our items but the total was a dollar less than $50 so we got a soda for $1.79 out of the cooler. Then the cashier couldn’t get the $10 coupon to work. Meanwhile we asked if we could get another $10 coupon and they said no. So then we said let’s just put all of our items together. So they checked all of our items and the total after taxes and %5 redcard savings was $114.72.

Later that night, I noticed that we had been overcharged. We purchased a fan off a clearance rack for $13.48 and there were two $13.48 charges on our receipt. So today, Sunday, 10/30 I went back to the store’s customer service and told them they had double charged me. The cashier processed the refund, handed me my receipt and said “you get 10.78 back on your card”. I asked how on earth I would only get 10.78 back on a $13.48 fan and she said you got a 5% discount. I said that I also paid 6% sales tax so it should still be more than $13.48. Then she tells me that I used a coupon so the coupon was deducted.

So basically, Target made a mistake and double charged me, I had to drive all the way back to the store to get the charge reversed and then they aren’t even giving me the full amount. I spent $115 and I only needed $50 to use the coupon, so the coupon should not come into the calculation at all until I return over $65 worth of items. This makes no sense and even though the dollar amount is small, the principle is infuriating. And then the cashier is so smug and basically has a “too bad, that’s the way it is” attitude.

Comment (0)

I am complaining about how I had bought a new purse and a bed set plus some clothing items. Well I got home and Target had put my clothing in a bag with the chocolate pudding with white shirts. It was all over my stuff and they wouldn't give me my money back or give me replacements to the cloths that got ruined. I even talked to the store manager and she said there is nothing we can do. I drove all the way to target and that about an hour away to see if could get my money back.

Comment (0)

I was shopping at store #2441 at 10:30am. There was only 1 register open and a line of 9 people. Five employee walked by (4 female and 1 male) and no employee seemed phased by the length of line. One guest started yelling cashiers and then an employee radioed for back up cashiers. 3 registers open but still took me 25 minuets to pay for my items. Issue was all cashiers who open did not have sufficient cash and new cashiers had to leave registers to get cash. Poorly managed store by John Williams who was in store by never assisted his staff in customer service. Because of poor staffing and inefficient readiness response at this location I missed my appointment and had to reschedule and take another day off. No Thank You Target.

Comment (0)

I ordered online stuff from target.com. It was express shipping for 19 October morning, right on my husband birthday because I wanted to surprise him. Today is 20 October and we still don't have item. I guess I wanna my money back for "express shipping". Very disappointed in Target customer relations.

Comment (0)

I placed an order online for a car seat on 10/18. When placing order I put in my email and missed a letter. I called after receiving my order since no receipt was enclose and was assisted by a representative I could barely understand. I explained why I was calling and in need of the receipt to be emailed since not in the item when received on 10/19. I was put on hold and when he came back he informed me the item would be delivered 10/20 and gave me a tracking number. I explained that is not why I am calling and re-explained myself.

Then I gave he correct email he stated thats incorrect from what we have and I would have to log onto my account to change it. I advised I don't have an online account. He stated then why is the email incorrect I said it was a typo and could he fix it to re-send to me. He stated no. I was so disappointment with this I told him I would return my carseat to a store and go elsewhere. He started to explained returns online. I advised never online or shopping at store again due to this and I hung up.

Comment (0)

I shop at the Chesapeake Square Mall Target located in Chesapeake Va. On 10-17-2016, I made a large purchase consisting of many different household items. The following night I went through the bags and noticed I was missing some of the items purchased. On 10-19 I called Target customer service and informed their operator Rachel. I was told to bring in my receipt so that someone could further assist me. Later that day I went into the store and had the most unpleasant experience with a cashier by the name Rachel (not the operator) she was unprofessional, condescending and sarcastic.

I felt like I was at an circus because she was definitely displaying clown like behaviour. She was loud and causing a scene I just wanted the items I had paid for but had not received. She was yelling across the aisles to other cashiers as to encourage them to join into her fiasco, as I, other guest and staff looked in disbelief/disgust. She did not handle this in an professional and courteous manner. Rachel should not be working in any public/customer service field. I was a 5 year loyal customer with Target and have spent thousands of dollars but this experience has put a very bad taste in my mouth and I can/ will not return.

I will also inform family and friends of my experience and encourage them to shop at other retail stores where you're welcomed, respected and appreciated for your business! Note to Target corporate: If you have and are aware of employees, staff and/or coworkers that are not providing an enjoyable, positive shopping experience to your guest when spending our hard earned money in your stores they should be replaced with employees that do. Word of mouth and a few bad apples will spoil the pack and eventually be the reason for a decline in your sales and business.

Comment (0)

In my recent visit to Target, I notice that the full value of my coupons was not used. I purchased 3 Gillette women shaving gel for $2.97 and the coupon value on the receipt was reduced to $1.30(coupon was valued at $2.00. I'm very upset that this happen because I loose out of $.70 cents for each product and your corporate gains $.70 plus .08 cents for each product for a total of $2.34. The cashier told me that you will only get the value of $1.38 for each coupon.

Please enlighten me on how you will only get this amount when coupon is submitted to the appropriate company. I love shopping at target but Target is making it very difficult with new rules coming out every day and it differs from store to store. I would like to continue shopping at Target but it is not getting any easier. Please explain to me how this formula works. Thank you for your time.

Comment (0)

So, I went to Target tonight (3931 Gilbert Rd., Gilbert, AZ) and I wanted to buy one of those mini bottles of Sutter Home wine. They sell them in a four pack, but as I had never tried this particular flavor before (white Zinfandel), I just wanted to get one bottle as opposed to four because I didn't know if I would like it or not. Anyway, so I just took one bottle out of the pack. I'd like to point out here that it wasn't as though I tore into any packaging. I just lifted the bottle right out of the box. I've done this at other stores (Walmart), and it's never been a problem. It would always ring up at the register at just the price of the one bottle. Anyway, so I go up to the register. Now, keep in mind that it was a Saturday night and in its infinite wisdom, Target only had one lane open!

So, I'm standing there getting really annoyed because I was kind of in a hurry. Finally, someone opens another lane and I go to that one. I get up there, and the cashier rings up my little bottle of wine, and it comes out to like $4.30. I'm like are you f------ kidding me, for this little bottle of wine!? (Of course, I know exactly what happened; it was ringing up as though it was the 4-pack.) I explained to him about the whole 4-pack thing, but he still said it came out to $4.30. I was so mad. I mean couldn't this moron see that this little bottle of wine was not $4.30?

What a load of crap!! I was so shocked at the utter stupidity of the whole thing that I just gave him the money and left. (should've just said I didn't want it and left the wine on the counter!) Anyway, that bottle of wine had better be freakin' delicious. I'll definitely think twice before I shop at Target again. I think what bothered me the most was that it was like the cashier wasn't even listening to what I was saying. It was like "Golly, gee this is what the register says, so this must be the price! Now, I'm going to go drink my overpriced bottle of wine.

Comment (0)

I shopped at Target Antioch Slatten Ranch, 5769 Lone Tree Way, Antioch, CA 94531. I purchased four packages of petite sirloin steaks (two in each pack), which had been marked $8.99, but were each reduced by $4.00 off (see attached picture). When the cashier rang up this purchase, however, they applied the discount of $4.00 to three packages of steaks, but then charged me the full price of $8.99 each for two more packages of steaks! I should have been charged only $4.99 for another steak package, not $17.98. I was overcharged in the amount of $12.99. I have also attached a copy of this receipt.

I called the Antioch store and was directed to customer service. I spoke with a lady over the phone who identified herself as a manager, but she was extremely rude, starting our conversation. I tried to explain the situation further, $12.99 might not seem like much money, but I am retired and on a fixed income. Isn't there some way you can refund this to me without me spending more money for gas to return to the Antioch Target?

Comment (0)

I am writing today because I had a very bad experience with my local target today. I am a loyal Target customer, but I was upset today. I use coupons from time to time, and I'm upset about the way this store handles problems with their coupons. I know it may not be a big deal to the cashiers if a customers coupons doesn't work because it's a small amount of savings, but for me I'm a single mother of 9. It does make a difference for me! First of all my cashier wasn't scanning the right barcode on the coupon & telling me they didn't work.

When she wasn't going to do anything about them not scanning, I asked if there was some sort of management that could come assist me. When that person arrived, she figured the cashier wasn't scanning them right. (I wonder how many peoples coupons she refused, due to her error) the manager then walked away. The cashier scanned my coupons and it wasn't taking the right amount off. For example, I had a $3 off coupon...My item was over $4, so it should have taken off the $3, but it only took off $2 and some change.

Everything was a disaster and I ended up having to put some things back because coupons weren't working. On top of all this, the cashier was very rude and disrespectful, as well as the person in management that came to help! I was treated like trash because I had a few coupons, and wanted to know why the weren't working. This is the Fort Smith store in Arkansas. I think that if the product matches the coupon they should be able to manually enter it, instead of just telling the customer it doesn't work. I also think the employees should get some classes in customer service.

These rude disrespectful people are representing Target and making a bad name for this company.

Comment (0)

Trying to purchase Target digital gift card for daughter's BD. Cannot purchase thru the web as Target site repeatedly dumps each effort. Called Target customer service, rep only speaks English poorly. Must literally repeat every single bit of info many times, each time rep fails to understand. Has taken over 1.3 hours and order still not completed. Am utterly convinced that regardless the representative still does not have the correct info. After investing so much time and frustration the rep is still trying to ship a card instead of an email. I would have stopped long ago but Amy believes after so much painful effort she wishes to complete the purchase. The rep will not provide an employee ID number for reference. It appears that Target may be outsourcing. If there was a "0" stars this would be appropriate.

Comment (0)

I shop at Target every week and spend around $200.00 each time. I am a couponer and it used to be easy to shop in your store, but lately I have become so frustrated with not being able to use legitimate coupons for products purchased. Last week I was in the checkout for at least 30 minutes while all of my items and coupons were scrutinized. Today I purchased 2 boxes of pampers diapers and had a coupon for each box.

They wouldn't take the coupons and said if the register refused it I could not use it. I had them take the diapers off. It continued to happen with several other items in my purchase. I know your couponing policies, and I abide by them. I also know there are a lot of scammers out there, but I am trying to do it correctly and you won't let me. I come in totally organized and ready to shop, only to get shut down by the cash register. I've had it. It's not worth the stress and frustration I have to deal with at check out. I need to find another place to shop.

Comment (0)

I have never been treated so poorly by any corporate office regarding a complaint. Recently I contacted Target Corporate office and spoke with Amy regarding my local Target store. My family and I have experienced several issues with pricing/advertising and mis-stocked item throughout this store. It is frustrating and inconvenient to have to visit Guest Relations for price adjustments due to employee error. When I voiced this ongoing issue to the Team Leader, he did not care. I emailed Guest Relations and was assured that my concerns would be addressed by store management; they were not.

When I escalated my concerns to Target Corporate office, I was assisted by Amy. She lacks professionalism, courtesy, and sympathy. She has NO business dealing with customer complaints. She had the audacity to leave a voice mail that stated that all my concerns were addressed when I emailed Guest Relations. It is obvious my concerns have been disregarded all along. This is evident due to the corporate executive aloof attitude regarding customer satisfaction and loyalty. Target has lost my business. No wonder Team Leaders do nothing to improve issues within their stores; corporate office does not care at all. Word of mouth advertising is a powerful thing. I will share my negative experience to all my family and friends.

Comment (0)

Today I tried to use my new Target card with the chip. I did not know the I needed to set up a pin. There were too many people in line so I paid cash to check out. I called customer service and waited an hour to s/w a manager who told me I cannot be credited the 5% discount bc "I failed to follow instructions" additional "this is my failure". I stated Kmart, Macy's can all use phone numbers and never make the customer feel stupid. My mother is currently dying and I may have forgotten to select a pin 2 weeks ago. I have never been treated so poorly. Evidently I'm too stupid to shop at Target". I have shopped at Target for years and had this credit card since 2014, but will never go again.

Comment (2)

I will never shop at Target again. I was told I can only use one coupon,I was trying to use two. When I told the store manager Leon at target store 1040 Dale Mabry, Lutz, FL 33548 they policy was four coupons he's said it was corporate policy. I advised him corporate policy is four coupon he got very annoyed. So i didn't push the issue further with him. He allowed me to use one coupon and even asked if I was going to purchase the rest with this transaction.

When I contacted corporate customer service, the customer service said she will call him because the policy is four coupons . She asked me to hold on. When she got back on the phone her attitude changed toward me. She said he refused the coupon because i was buying to much. It was not a inventory issue but a coupon issue because he allowed me to purchase all the items without using coupons. I feel like I was mistreated and bullied because I want to use coupons (which are in their coupon policy limit).

I made the same call to Target customer service two weeks before this incident, not in the spirit of complaining but to figure out the coupon policy. I even contacted the manager to ask the policy. I was told the policy was the same a targets corporate website. I feel singled out and humiliated for trying to use a coupon and have no recourse to help this situation because they lied to cover themselves. When Target let their managers amend the coupon policy as needed they also allow managers to lose business.

Comment (12)

I have shopped for 40 years at Target it is the place I prefer to shop. I am almost 70 years old now and need a motorized cart to shop. I have talked to many people at the store for over a year now about the condition and safety of there 2 carts but they never get fixed. One cart you can't steer well it just wanders all over causing you to run into things, other carts, shelving, even people. The other cart won't stay running and needs to be turned off and back on to reset it all the time not fun or safe for me or other customers around me.

After many times of trying to get someone to fix the problem I have given up and have made the move to Walmart for my shopping needs even though I don't like to shop there there carts are always in good working order. I still need to change my pharmacy to another, that in it self is 30 to40 thousand dollars a year. store level personnel should have been able to handle this problem.

Comment (7)

I recently receive a letter from target corporate offices stating that I were back up on my payment for a purchase that I did not do. I immediately call customer service .the representative. connected me with the fraud department.They stated that someone had change my address and phone number and apparently did some shopping in the amount of $1000 I explain to her that I never did that and that my balance with target were 0 balance.

She also stated that in order for anyone to do those changes it would required to have all my personal information.meaning that someone out there got all my personal information .I immediately went on file a police report. My next step is to call all three credit spots, to make sure that no one is using my information.my suspicion is that someone infiltrate in target system to steal customer information. I personally think that target should be responsible to provide every customer that they information was stolen from their system with a free credit monitoring from all three credit bureaus.

Comment (0)

I've been a loyal customer since Target came to Long Beach, CA. I've written hundreds of personal checks in the past but have used the Red Card for years. Today, I inadvertently left my card at home when I changed purses. At checkout, I wrote a check for $102.45 which was rejected. I was asked to write out another check in case the ID info was input erroneously. The second check was also rejected. The store manager walked me to customer service where they called check verification. I was told that since I hadn't written a check in a long time, I had no credit history.

I guess the fact that I shop there every single week and send in a check in the hundreds every month for Red Card purchases doesn't count. I was completely embarrassed and humiliated as there were lines of customers both at checkout & customer service who observed the entire thing. I am very at Target right now and I'm seriously thinking of severing my long customer relationship with you!

Comment (0)

We are ex Target customers. This company will continue to decline in sales until you return to a normal bathroom policy and only after you've addressed the public with an apology for such a ridiculous idea. By building separate bathrooms so the majority of people have to use different ones is as stupid as the one Target made that started all of this. The CEO is a complete idiot.

Comment (0)

This is the 4th straight week that there have been signage errors in this particular store. Also the lines have been long, more that 5 people in each of the 3 lines that were open, and no coverage on the self serve lines. When I checked my receipt, I found that it was again done incorrectly and that I was charged twice for the same item. The woman at Target customer service was quick to say that things were not her fault, but not to help correct the problem. Target has been our "go to store" for several years, but I will not return to this one and am unsure about going to any others. We always stopped in on Sunday, but will not do so any longer.

Am still ok giving the store a 1 star as it is very clean. The store is the one on Independence in Virginia Beach.

Comment (0)

I was shopping your Target store in east St. Cloud Mn. I have to tell you I was disappointed with the poor customer service I received at check out, and this is not the first time!!. The young cashier lady was talking excessively with the customer inline before me, I had overheard the greeting when they started to process that customers items, and a Thank You when she departed. When I approached there was no greeting, much less asking if I found what I was looking for.

She did not make eye contact until I said "hello" and that was well after she had begun processing my items, then the cashier replied how are you? Which seamed insincere. I made a few comments and I believe the young lady was taken back when she heard me speak. I am a cancer survivor with head and neck cancer making my voice different, but not unintelligible. My items were processed and I handed over $100 cash for the payment. This young cashier never once said Thank You, or have a good day, or thank you for shopping at Target.

I am very, very disappointed with the young cashiers at the east side location, the older cashiers always seam welcoming. As I approach this 2016 Labor day weekend I will meeting with many, many, friends and family, one whom works higher up in your corporate office, and I will tell all what experience I had. Unfortunately you may loose a few more customers, I guess my $1000 worth of purchases a year is not enough to get a simple Thank You.

Comment (0)

I purchased a pair of glasses from Target Optical. Finn (assistant manager) charged a $35.00 1 yr. warranty to my card without my permission. He did not offer the service. When I confronted him, he asked me what I had against warranties and they always charge the customer the warranty service. This is illegal and unethical. How many customers were charged an additional $35.00 without them realizing. This is complete fraud I said to him and it is illegal. He then said, "Most people do not know what they want!" My response was I know exactly what I do and do not want as I am sure most consumers do. He could never admit what he did was wrong nor did he apologize.

Comment (0)

In a Target circular newspaper ad of 8/21/16, you have an iPad Air on sale for $299.99. Went to buy the iPad on sale and guess what -- they don't have any at either the Moline, IL or the Davenport, IA stores. This is ridiculous and not the first time it's happened to me. Target has always been my favorite store but you're driving me to Walmart if you can't fix this problem. I'm 80-yrs old and have some health problems so chasing sales, where there is no product is hard on me.

Comment (0)

I have been stopping by the Target at 5950 State Bridge Rd for literally everyday the last two weeks solid. I am a collector of Hot Wheels and I regularly stop by to see whats new for the mainline cars. I understand that the store does replenishing of stock at intervals of time but this store has not restocked in awhile and I'm not sure that corporate would ever want there to be a situation where there is 'zero' product on the shelves. The employees and management at the store has checked the inventory level (which strangely did change in the last 3-4 days) but nothing has changed on the shelves. The store is showing 250+ individual mainline cars (the .99 cent cars) but there are zero on the shelf. It has been this way for weeks. I don't know where else to go so I have decided to exclusively check Walmart instead which takes me a little out of my way but at least they have stock. Picture attached

Comment (0)

I frequent target a lot and today I bought 3 things, get all the way home and I only have 2 items. Had to drive all the way back there to get my missing item, which was a pain in the ***! This is the 3rd time I didn't get everything I paid for and had to drive back to get it. Do I really have to check my bags every time.

Comment (0)

I just came out of Target located in 100 Parsonage Road, Edison, NJ. I had purchased 3 items of clothing and pulled out my Target gift card to use that I had gotten from the store in June when I returned a girls' Champion performance legging ($15.00). My child wanted an all black color legging but I had gotten her one with a some colors on the waist of it. When I went to pay for my items, I was told by the cashier that there was no money on the gift card. I realized that the gentleman who had helped me return the colored leggings did not put the $15.00 on the gift card.

The cashier then asked me if I kept my receipt. Obviously, I didn't. Who would think that anything like this would happen? I just want you to know that this can be prevented easily. Perhaps, the person at customer service should check to make sure that the amount is on the gift card before they give it back to us (the customer). I am upset that I lost the $15.00. I hope that by telling you this, this will not happen again to me or anyone else.

Comment (3)

I purchased 4 singlets from your online store, unfortunately the needed to be a size larger, I visited my local Target asking if they could exchange them for a larger size, the singlets were unopened still in the original package. I was told they couldn't help me as singlets are classed as under ware . so I returned them to your online shop to be exchanged for larger size, as I didn't have an eparcel slip I paid the postage of $18.00. I still have no singlets and out of pocket for the postage. not a happy customer.

Comment (0)

To whom it may concern I recently bought this pool, the Intex Jungle Play Center Kiddie Pool. Order # 9016007745236) for our vacation house for during the 4th of July weekend. We haven't opened it or used it until this past week. After spending an hour filling it up with air we realized a hole that wasn't being patched by the extra tape we received in the package. My kids and family were very disappointed that they couldn't play in the pool. I was very disappointed. Please let me know what can be done I would like a refund from Target headquarters.

Comment (0)

Why were people buying Aquafina water by the flat load? I've been to target 3 times last week none this morning when sales start none it was for the 10 off 50 coupon that is ridiculous.

Comment (0)

Today June 21, 2016 we shopped at the North Attleboro, MA store on US Route 1. We purchased a few children's books from the book department. When we got to the check our registers we found several people all bunched up in despair. We at first thought that the store was being robbed or there was a bomb threat. A poorly dressed young man was walking around telling shoppers that they could pay in cash or check only. You can't use your credit card or your debit card.

By now there were 30 consumers gathered around with their shopping carts filled with merchandise. Most people today use a major credit cards as their monthly SS check is deposited into their checking account, most pension checks are deposited directly into consumers accounts, in the banking business we called it the paperless society. It is no longer convenient to carry hundreds of dollars on your person to pay for your weekly shopping needs. Clerks were new and really didn't know what was going on.

After using my cash to make the purchase on the way out we viewed three or four people standing around (dressed in red jackets)hoping that all this would just vanish and go away so they could go to lunch break. The store needs an experienced manager and several strong cashiers to keep the lines moving. We can only assume that the computer system is substandard. The secret to the retail business is Price brings them in but service brings them back. Please hire some older experienced employees.

Comment (0)

I am use to friendly service at my local Target store which I shop at on a regular basis. I have a Target debit card and usually receive friendly service. I was at the Target store on Maple street next to Lowes (Wichita, KS) today at approximately 10.00 am. I visited your fitting room and found the young lady very unfriendly, in fact I thought she was rude. Not the smile and service I am used to. She addressed me with "bring everything out!" No hi, please or thank you. When I left the dressing room she was standing there and did I get a thank you? No, just a scowl. Not sure if she was having a bad day but not the service and smile this store and associates always has given me in the past.

Comment (0)

I understand that when you have a retail store that you must watch your customers to make sure they are not shop lifting. The way Target have trained their staff on how to handle someone you think might be stealing needs to stop. I was in the cosmetic and picking out specific products and than wheeled my cart over to the allergy isle. I walked up and down the isle trying to find eye drops. Couldn't locate them for the life of me. As I kept shopping I could see employee's leering at me or doing "busy work" right in eye shot of me. Instead of asking if I needed help they just kept an eye on me, I was getting uncomfortable. Even though I was uncomfortable, I thought it was just random and didn't give it a second thought, until check out. The women at the register was very sweet and friendly but as I was leaving a employee waked passed me and was staring at me.

I parked my cart in the store and here comes the same lady right toward me , I just smiled and walked out of the store with my bought items. As I was crossing the street to my car she was right behind me. She was highly aggressive and unprofessional. As I was driving home I started replaying the behavior of the Target staff in my head and realized they all thought I was a shop lifter. I was so mad at the behavior of the staff and how Target has trained their employees to handle this type of situation. I was in the target at 3901 W Ina Rd on 06/03/2016 around 12 PM. I would like the recorded surveillance footage to be reviewed and used as a training on what NOT to do. Will never shop at Target again!

Comment (0)

In the may 29 target add there is a Threshold Folwell dining set 7 pic. Called turlock ca store and mgr said that should have never been in ad. Checked all other stores that I could locate and no one had it. Went to modesto store yesterday and Roger a customer service person looked everywhere on line that he could think of and said hmm...that's odd. Could not locate anywhere. Since this is the perfect patio set that I have been looking for I am very upset and disappointed. Isn't this s considered false advertising? My husband worked for Sears for 30 years. Remember the "bait and switch" that they got in big trouble over? Please resolve this issue for me and let me know when I can get this item from Target.

Comment (0)

Target is now allowing men to enter Women's rest room facilities as corporate policy. What is wrong with you people. This is non-sense and should not be allowed. You are condoning a practice of social discord and promoting sick behavior. Stop it! This is also un-American. Do you seek to jeopardize children including young girls and boys to this terrible behavior? It seems so. I will not shop any longer at a Target store and plan to join all forces opposing Target in every way possible.

Comment (0)

I have decided based on your bathroom decision to no longer shop at Target. I think you should reconsider I have instructed my kids and wife to do the same.

Comment (0)

Please be informed that myself, a group of family members and friends have decided to boycott your stores until you remove the Spanish speaking commercial from the English speaking channels. We do not speak Spanish and we find it offensive that we are subjected to non-English speaking commercials in this country and on main stream media. There are Spanish speaking channels that can reach those who understand Spanish so why not advertise there. How effective would it be to advertise in English to those Spanish channels? Until these commercials are removed we will take our Target business to Walmart.

Comment (3)

I have called Target 3 times each time staying on the line over 40 mins only talking to a representative that cannot help me only to then be hung up on. All I need to do is get the total contributions that have been made to my school since I signed up with the program last September 2015. The last representative told me I signed up and then canceled a month later. This is completely incorrect. The fact that they will not give me a statement showing my contributions is ridiculous. I am feeling like the whole program is actually a fraud and they didn't contribute to my school. But they got a lot of money from me under the false advertising that they would do just that. I

have a family of 5 and have predominately shopped at Target with my REDcard for well over a year and even increased purchasing food items, baby items etc because I thought they were contributing to my school when other retailers did not. I am so upset about poor customer service, the website not providing me the information I need, wasting my valuable time with representative who are untrained and unhelpful. And to date I still don't have the information from my account that I need. I want to file a complaint and feel at this point that Target has been fraudulent.

Comment (0)

I am completely offended at your Target Commercial that is airing in the USA in SPANISH. We are Americans, and as your commercial is broadcast in America, your commercials should be in ENGLISH.

Comment (5)

Purchased a TV at Target 7 months ago when the TV broke called Westinghouse the manufacturer to get repaired. After locating receipt it was not legible call Target to locate proof of purchase from the serial number of TV with no help spoke with Nate from customer relations Target complaint number 13212 587 Nate and for me that I was out of luck when I told Nate I would go back to the store and inform customers of their policy so they don't make the same mistake it's words were we'll call the police I will never ever spend one red Cent at Target.

Comment (0)

We are emailing the CEO of Target to ask him kindly change your bathroom policy. If in fact something happens at one of your stores you will lose more business. At this time my husband and I are suspending our shopping to Target. We were regular shoppers purchasing both of our dogs food at Target. Why would you want to take such a stand. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Does not matter if you are atheist or believe in the big guy who you and I are going to answer too. We are not going around signing petitions against you. We just ask you to reconsider.

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

42.153846153846
  • HEB
    (29 reviews)
    32.413793103448

Have feedback for Target?