Target Complaints Continued... (Page 4)

322+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Target corporate: 1-800-440-0680

My Husband, Frank Unger, received a rain check on May 13th for a Portable 44″ basketball backboard from Galesburg’s Target store with the information given to him from the service counter associate, that it would be in a couple of days, a week went by and no backboard. We called several times to check on this item. All he was told was that there was one in Peoria, IL, Moline, IL or Springfield, IL. No mention of whether they would or could ship one in for us. I feel this was poor service policy, and we wanted it to use while our grandsons were visiting.

My husband went to K-mart and bought one there, because we got nowhere with the Galesburg. Target store. The item # was 08808254 and was priced on sale for $139.00. $20. 00 cheaper than what was spent not on sale at K-mart. We are very displeased with Target at this time, and wanted you to be aware of this situation.

Sincerely, Carol Unger

I went to several Target dept. stores in the Las Vegas valley, yet nothing in over 11 years was this bad, I went to the 605 Stephanie, Sunset and Stephanie store in Henderson 5-6-2011 to get a Mother’s day card, I asked some one working their about the Mother’s day cards, this person was nice to me, yet here comes the STL of the store Jay Irwin, told me to leave: “Your disturbing her while she is working” I most ask you to leave, ok, I will pay for this and leave, no, your leaving the store, or I will have you arrested, I expect her to get her work done, she is taking too long.

I went to a Walmart and bought a nice Mother’s Day card for a $1.00 yet at Target I found I would of paid near $5.00 for a card.

Today I visited the Super Target on Oracle Rd. and Roger Rd. in Tucson, AZ. I made a purchase of about $75 using my debit card. I did not need cash back. I asked for the clerk to exchange a $20 bill for two $10. She said she couldn’t open the drawer without a purchase. If I had asked for cash back she would have had to open the drawer. I went to the service desk and got the same run around. To me this is a very poor policy. I would expect better service from Target.

I’m so upset with Target! I bought my son a bike 2 weeks ago for his birthday. My husband finally got around to assembling it tonight. He found a bolt that is suppose to connect to the brakes busted and the reflector broken as well. I attempted to exchange it at the Target store located near my house but they couldn’t help me. The barcode was not scanning properly, there was a tag with the price clearly marked but they wouldn’t return it. My son is so upset, we are going on a trip tomorrow to the bike trails and he has nothing to ride. Now I have to drive far to the Target I originally purchased and hope they can fix this mistake!

Thanks Target for ruining my sons birthday present he is only 6 years old!!! And thanks for ruining his trip to the bike trails he is going to miss this experience because we were suppose to leave at 7 am and Target isn’t open that early!

Severely dissatisfied, Nicole Brooks.

I purchased schwinn skates ( 082060415) on 11/13/10 at the Cicero, NY Target store. It was a Xmas gift for my 8 yr. old grandson. He opened the gift at Xmas but never tried on the skates until last week ( 04/15/11). The upper strap that secures the top of the skate broke which was defective. The Target warranty expired on 02/11/11. I was not happy since we did not realize the skate was defective and of course the weather was not conducive to use the skates until the weather was suitable. Not happy and I feel the warranty should have been covered based on the type of product which in this case is seasonal and for skates it should be for six months if it was a Xmas present.

Fortunately, I was able to contact the Manufacturer and they are going to ship a new pair for free. Target should re-visit its warranty policy and their customer service should have some guidelines as it relates to warranty as in this case skates should have a longer warranty especially if it was a Xmas gift.

Target @ Charlottetown, Charlotte, NC has absolutely no customer assistance. Suffering from asthma, I first walked to aisle to make sure there were still some 6′ banquet tables, which had fantastic sale price. I then walked to customer service, showed female the sale picture, asking for assistance to get 2 of the tables, as I’m suffering from asthma and can’t manage the tables; advising her there were 6 tables still back there. The female called for someone to meet me at the aisle. I heard her make the call. She then asked me to go back to aisle & meet them.

I wonder why she didn’t just ask assistant to bring 2 tables to me, rather than asking me to walk all the way bak there, again. But, I could easily make the walk again; and I really wanted those tables. I went to the aisle and waited and waited. No Target assistance came. I tried myself to get at least one onto my cart; but, couldn’t. I walked back to customer service, explaining no one showed up to help AND I now want to see the manager to state my complaint. She smiled “oh there’s the store owner over there, I’ll call him over.” A gentlemen w several other men walked over and stood behind customer service counter.

He didn’t state his nm, introduce himself, nor ask “How may I help you?”. He simply looked @ me; thus, I began the communication. Note: I knew I needed to be brief b/c I’m now feeling the weariness of this episode and I’ve still got to walk to my car; so I shouldn’t wear myself out for these tables. After stating my name, “I’m suffering from asthma, but, really wanted these tables (showed him the pic, as I’m talking); I first went to aisle, saw them; came to customer svc asked for assistance; walked back to aisle; waited & waited. NO ONE showed up.” This man simply says: “Did someone say we have the tables?”

So, I immediately knew he wasn’t listening to me; and he wasn’t going to even attempt to ease this situation for me. I couldn’t continue w this. I was obviously struggling to talk by now as my voice is now beginning to wheez; which he would use to be his excuse not to understand me. He obviously didn’t care; or he would’ve stood in front of me and listened as I’m obviously struggling to talk now. How RUDE not to stand in front of a customer or anyone speaking directly w you. I immediately knew this really was a waste of my time to come to this store.

This experience and now this manager/storeowner’s ease of disrespect isn’t worth me continuing to struggle @ this Target. Note: He stood to the side; behind the counter; w most surely 1000 other things on his mind. Afterall, it’s Easter weekend. I didn’t have his attention or he couldn’t heard and understood me. The previous female customer serviceperson understood me the 1st time (when she called for assistance). AND NOW he asks: “Did anyone say we had the tables?”.

You would’ve tho’t I was speaking a foreign language and he was trying to figure what I was saying, from the side. I found this to be insulting! I speak perfect English. Don’t even know another language. If he was giving me any attention at all…he could’ve understood me. I wasn’t that hard to understand; the pharmacist understood me an hour before. Other retailers understood me this same day and gave assistance, the first time. I never had to repeat myself w the others b/c they saw the struggle I was having to speak thus THEY EACH listened CAREFULLY, the first time and stood in front of me; rather than over to the side. BUT NOT this Target @ Charlottetown.

I visited the Target store on Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey, LA. I first went into the Stage Clothing store which is attachted to Target and I parked in front of Stage. Since Target is just a few yards away and I didn’t want to spend time looking for another parking space I left my car where it was, in front of Stage, and walked the short distance. Little did I know I would be unable to return to my car with my purchase since the wheels on the shopping cart locked when I passed a certain point (nowhere near the street or highway leading to Target).

The good news is that your shopping cart is safe and sound. The bad news is that you lost a sale and a customer. I had to struggle to get the shopping cart back into the store but I did it and returned everything I had just bought. I will never shop at Target again and I will make sure all my friends know about this.

Jobs are scarce right now, we all agree on this. Target has advertised weekly in our local job board, for different positions. I interviewed for one in Sales, didn’t get it because I’m sure I have not enough retail experience. Ok, fine, I understand. This week, Target listed one for “presentation”, 6am to 2:30 pm, NOT what I applied for last time. I was told I can’t apply because I have applied with the company within 60 days. It doesn’t matter that the jobs are not similar, it’s their policy. How ludicrous is this?

Yes, I’m a little ticked off. I could do this job with my eyes closed. With the lack of viable jobs in the paper, to be told I can’t apply for one that a monkey could succeed at, burns me.

I just closed my credit card account with Target after two years because of a $10 dispute. Your company charged me both an international service fee and a cash advance fee (for something that was not even a cash advance). This in essence is “double dipping.” Charging two fees for the same transaction seems inhospitable to me. Whenever I have had the rare complaint over something as minimal as $10, my Discover card or my Visa card provider have always successfully made things right. Even if they felt I was wrong, other service providers still valued my patronage enough to waive the fee.

Your customer service supervisor at Financial and Retail Services on April 13, 2011 had no will or no power to make things better for me. She instead had the gall to offer me a 10% off card for Target. How is my spending more money at Target remedying the $10 service fee? She thinks that by my spending more money and giving your company more patronage is somehow refunding my money? Your policies and customer service make no sense.

I will be telling everyone and anyone not to get a Target card or to use a card represented by Financial and Retail Services. In fact, I was a loyal and frequent customer at Target (simply look at my past statements) and I will no longer be shopping at Target. Wal-Mart is right around the corner. Wow, you have just lost thousands and thousands of dollars for Target over a very questionable $10 fee.

Congratulations.

i placed an order from the baby registry at target and was not alerted when it came to the shipping address and it went right through to the billing and credit card information. i realized too late that the gift was to be shipped to the person on the registry instead of to me as the buyer which i wanted to gift wrap and give to her at her baby shower. i called target and they said it could not be changed. on march 27, 2011, it was shipped out and the person still does not have the item. it appears that the address that target gave to ups was wrong and the gift is in limbo between ups and another universe, as the purchaser, i asked that target give me the tracking number so that i could ask ups to direct the package to me and they refused to give it to me.

at the baby shower which i attended without my gift, two different people gave the mother-to-be the same gift which they took off the registry. it appears that the item was never marked “fulfilled” and the mother-to-be had to be inconvenienced by returning the gift to a target store. i am very angry about how this was handled and will not do business with target again. they do not know how to run a business.

Hey Target! I purchased a 42″ Westinghouse LED TV for $599.99here in Knoxville, TN on June 30, 2010. We have enjoyed watching “HI-DEF” since getting the unit. We purchased the three year extended warranty for an additional $79.00. Here is the problem in a nutshell. After loosing HI-DEF signal on a regular basis after less than a year. nd having our local Charter Cable TV service people check all their equipment for defects (of which we’ve replaced the HI-DEF signal box and re-turned the signal to within tolerances (+12 to -12). The problem is with the 42″ Westinghouse LED TV’s HDMI circuit. It is starting to fail. All three HDMI ports run off the same circuit.

I called you and was forwarded on to Westinghouse which told me that I would have to ship the unit to their repair center. I can not accomplish that because I do not have the original shipping carton that came with the unit I purchased. I kept it 45 days, then tossed it. I bought the 3- Year extended warranty because if I had a problem, it would be nice to have someone come out and fix it on-site or exchange it for another unit that did work properly. I am a loyal customer who is not happy. TARGET says their warranty responsibility only kicks in after the 1 Year factory Warranty has run its course. I don’t want to damage my TV (We really like it a lot) shipping it back to Westinghouse.

If things remain as they are now, I will be putting in a claim with you on July 1st, 2011. If that occurs, I will be telling all 4500 Tellico Village residents ( We have a local Newspaper who loves to publish articles from our members)that I have not had a positive experience with TARGET. There are two WAL-MART stores locally near by one in Lenior City TN and the other in Madisonville, TN.

Please call me My 3-year Extended Warranty # S1082062603. You can get my contact info from it

Will Schmidt
Loudon, TN 37774
e-mail: patandwillschmidt@charter.net

I would like to make a complaint about a very rude employee at the Target store on 27th & Layton in Greenfield, WI. I shop there many times a week and today I went there and asked a woman that was working in the magazine dept. if she had 2 new issues of my favorite magazines in her cart that she was putting out on the displays at the time. She was rude and didn’t even want to check the magazines or answer my question. She should not be working with people at Target. I was very upset that she couldn’t take 2 minutes to check the magazines for me. There’s plenty of people looking for a job and would be more than happy to replace that rude woman and happy to help the customers shopping at this store.

I will have to find a new place to purchase my magazines in the future where the workers are more than happy to help the customers. Employees like that at Target woman should be retrained on how to do the job and work with the customers.

Kim Marie Nims

I purchased a television from Target and opted to buy the extended warranty. I had a issue with the sound on the tv being a little distorted and when I turned the tv on it wouldn’t power on right away. Contacted the extended Target warranty department December 2010 to get information. I filed the claim January of 2011 and shipped my tv off AFTER the Superbowl to their warranty department. I was told I would be updated via email and phone call once my television has been looked over. Well I got a email saying my tv was marked as damaged. I contacted the service center and was told my LCD panel was beyond repair and the Target warranty doesnt cover that (Now I took pictures of my tv the month I 1st called about it and in Feb prior to shipment).

They shipped my tv back to me & its came shipped in the box upside DOWN (Mind you the shipping instructions I FOLLOWED Said ship the TV right side up!). Everyone with Target has been very rude and I keep getting the run around about my tv. I have before and AFTER shots of it! The after shots look like someone dropped it and shipped my ish back to me. These Yahoo’s are trying to tell me I shipped a damage TV when I clearly have proof I didnt. Im getting this a “manager will call you back in 24 hours or 3-5 business days” run around and honestly everyone is very rude. Im beyond pissed and Im NOT getting any resolution! I sent them pictures like they requseted and well Tequila you wait to hear back from us because well you don’t matter as a consumer even though you paid cash for a TV that we have destroyed!

Thank you Target I LOVE the way you treat your customers!

Target charged our debit card twice, but clerk missed first draft and told wife to scan again, it was declined. Would not allow submission to debit draft again because transaction was not closed from the first swipe. Anyway wife left with no goods thinking it was a bank issue. I confirmed Target triple billed our debit card and the card was temporarily disabled for unusual activity. I re-shelved the stuff and bought it later today. But now the fourth draft from Target under an unusual watch store disabled my bank card completely.

This would have never happened had the clerk realized the initial transaction before my wife got upset and before I had to go spend another hour driving and re-shopping the same junk on my dime really irritates me. Not to mention the manger at the Target store was filled with a ‘sorry for you’ attitude like it was our fault for their ineptitude. Mistakes happen its how you resolve them that show who you are. Target falls flat our their butts this day. Wheres my Kmart!

What happened? Southhill mall target in puyallup wa. Don’t shop there. It is run by a bunch of 12yr olds who don’t have any life experience dealing with real people. They treat not only their employees with no respect but customers as well. It’s a unpleasant place to shop. Who gives these children jobs in high places with no experience of life yet? It used to not be that way. New management is horrible. T-0342. Fast fun & friendly is bull now. This Target store is night and day the way it used to be. Many many agree with me whether they want to take time to say something I don’t know.

Maybe if everyone who feels this way would say something, things could be fixed. So sad. A current Target employee who used to want to go to work everyday, not that way anymore. LOOKING FOR A BETTER PLACE NOW.

This is typical. People lost their Target receipt, yet somehow it’s the stores fault? Grow up and be an adult. You made a mistake, accept the consequences of that mistake. It’s not theft, it’s not even close you drama-queen. Quit trying to have a special set of rules made just for your royal butt. There are four of the many reasons why a receipt is necessary. Like I said, be an adult and either keep track of your receipts or accept the consequences of your actions. Quit asking for special treatment you self-entitled, ignorant, falsely accusing, drama-queens. There. Now let the Target employment accusations come rolling in.

So I do not know who is ultimately responsible for the Target Display Cards, but it seems to me it’s bound to garner a few sales with the Consumer inadvertently purchasing a two piece for double the price. And with Target’s exchange/refund policy on intimates or bathing suits, not knowing what it is, I cannot help but wonder at how many people have inadvertently, under a false perception due to the numerous ‘Mix n Match $14.99′ placards, spent money having no choice but to be out the money once the sale has been made. This is the one of the reasons I hate shopping at Target, and have tried to give up the hassle and confusion of incompetent employees!

i’ve just received an email from dick forrey. after doing some research, i am appalled with targets rebuff. how dare you put no money into gay causes and think that it something to be proud of . dick wanted me to boycott you because you put money into gay causes not veterans. i will boycott you because of your homophobic retaliation . grow up and stop being so bigoted.

I went to the Broadveiw Illinois Target on Jan. 14, 2011 and there were two co-workers speaking spanish. I asked for help and they told me no hablo english. How can I get proper service at Target if we don’t speak the same language? I’ll never shop there (Target) again!!!!

I do not feel Target met my needs as a customer. They should stand behind their offered claim to ship between 3-5 days. They need to acknowledge what they consider Standard shipping, and what the post office considers “standard” shipping to ensure their customers receive items in a timely manner.This was to be my daughter’s Christmas gift, and I now have a very disappointed 15 year old who didn’t receive her present from me. I understand a day or two, but since it’s been so long due to their error on the shipping I feel Target and their website misrepresented themselves. In addition I have spent at least 2.5 hours on the phone with: Target.com and the USPS trying to locate an item that should have arrived at least 12 days ago.

I placed on order with Target for multiple items from which 1 item shipped out the following day. Upon checking the order status on their website I realized 2 items became out-of-stock. So I removed these items from my order and placed a second order for another item which shipped out the following day. When I inquired with Target I was told the order was ‘stuck’ in their system and could not be reach, found, or anything. Anything wrong with this particular order is their fault and they wont give me any information on the problem, on the items, or the status of my order or when it will actually be shipped. It has been at least 7 working days since I placed my order and it still hasnt shipped. Come on Target!!!!

The DISCOUNTED PRICE TAGS on the Merchandise differ from the prices at CHECK OUT! My elderly parents were at Target the other day shopping and they always look at price tags before they buy anything! They paid $17.99 for a pair pants that had a $15.99 price tag, and $3 for a towel with a $2 dollar price tag. They were told the Prices as shown at Check Out Registers were the correct prices because Target did not have time to change the Price Tags on their Merchandise!

Have feedback for Target?