Macy's Customer Service

Contact Macy's Corporate

Toll free phone number: 513-579-7000

Macy’s Department Store calls itself “one of the nation’s premier omnichannel retailers”. The number of stores reported in April 2015 was 900 in 45 states primarily under the names Macy’s and Bloomingdale. Stores are located in Guam and Puerto Rico. In fiscal year 2014 sales were US 28 billion and employees numbering 166,000. Macy’s is traded on the NYSE:M.

If you need to contact Macy’s for customer service 24/7 your first call is to 1-800-BUY-MACY (1-800-289-6229). You may also call 513-398-5221 for Credit and Customer Service. If you would like to reach Macy’s CEO, Terry J. Lundgren by postal mail use address, Macy’s Corporate Headquarters, 151 West 34th St., New York, NY 10001.

The New York corporate phone number is 214-494-3000. The website lists many department addresses/phone numbers on one contact page. Sometimes called America’s department store, Macy’s colorful history began in 1858 as a small dry goods store specializing in fancy products. First day sales were $11.06 and first year gross sales were $85,000. Prior to being called Macy’s the chain was known as Federated Department Stores.

A Macy’s operates in Dubia under unique business management. Macy’s presence in social media includes Facebook, and Twitter. The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade is tradition in many US households.

Upset with Macy's?

File a complaint here!

Reach Macy's Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team
  • Macy's corporate office

• 7 West 7th Street
    • Cincinnati
    • OH 45202

513-579-7000

Top Macy's Complaints

I am frustrated and disappointed. We ordered on thanksgiving evening 11/24/16 order number 1305910011, a silver Kitchenaid 5qt professional stand mixer (Kv25gox) in front of my mother in law for her one Christmas wish item she really wanted. It was one sale for $199.99 discounted down from originally over $400. She is the matriarch of our family and does all the cooking and baking every Sunday we get together for family meals including holidays. She's the best cook and baker ever and does so much if it is why she felt she needed a higher powered and tech mixer to make things easier on her prep, cook and bake times.

The online site while ordering wouldn't accept the 20% discount code as we tried multiple times for this item. So as to not miss out, we ordered it at the full sale price of $199.99 plus tax totaling $211.99. My mom in law was ecstatic! I received the email confirmation from macys.com and they deducted full payment from my mastercard. Two days later on Sat morning between 7:30 and 8:00 EST I decided to call Macy's to ask a rep for help about adding on the 20% discount to my already existing order because i had received in my email Friday and now Saturday, Macy's promos in my email of sales going on which again stated the 20% off of most online orders.

When i got the rep he stated he didn't see my order and it was cancelled! Surely this couldn't be true when i have email confirmation of my payment for this item! 15+ minutes later, with the rep constantly putting me on hold and saying nothing as he tried to figure things out I asked to speak to a manager and upon transferring me to that different department we were disconnected. I has to call back and the new rep said they did see my order but again it was cancelled because there weren't enough to fill the request. I asked for a manager because this still is not making sense...they took my money and sent a confirmation of my order, it's two days later.

All the other companies that also had this same exact item on sale for the same price such as target and best buy are also now sold out when I could have ordered from them to start off with and not be dealing with this nightmare! I asked this rep what compensated he could offer for my inconvenience and he offered $20 gift card but I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted a manger.

He put a specialist on the phone whom I was disappointed in how she handled this delicate matter. She explained there weren't enough of this item from Kitchenaid to fill my order, the computer shouldn't have accepted but did, she would refund the money, there's a back order on this item due in the 1st week of December and that I would have to keep calling Macys.con back to check on availability and she would put a note in my file to honor original sales price with the reflected 20% online discount on it.

I asked her why should I as the customer who's already placed a confirmed order, and Macys cancelled without notifying me, (if it wasn't for me calling this morning to see if a rep could help add on the 20% discount, I wouldn't have found out my order was cancelled), be the one calling calling and, hoping and guessing each day of the first week of December to see if an item I've already been promised is back in stock. She tells me she's too busy, it's too many other customers they have to answer calls for, what if she forgets or it goes to my voicemail when she calls then I would still have to call Macy's back anyways right.

I'm appalled at her lack of concern for my frustration. After asking her a few more time how she would guarantee thus item is coming in that week and that I would be one of the first to get one due to Macys error she still didn't make me feel reassured and said the best she could say is call Dec 5. Really Macy's? When i told here the rep that transferred me to here offered a $20 gift card for consolation she said she could not and he should not have, all she could do if I'm able to replace an order on the 5th or whenever they may or may not receive this back order is receive free expedited shipping guaranteeing it will come before Xmas..unacceptable.

So I'm writing now to see is there anyone else who can show some empathy and endure a call to me when the item becomes available again( if ever) so I'm not wasting my valuable time as a customer playing the guessing as to "did it arrive today" when clearly you guys should being calling me once you see on your end that it has arrived!! Also how do you not honor a gift card offer that one if your reps already offered? Macy's is not losing money by giving this gift card, which i felt was not enough, to show empathy to a customer and retain their business. Jessica said an email if the cancelled product was sent to me at 9:03.

I told her I hadn't seen it before I called and had no knowledge that I wasn't getting the product. Mind you this shows how long I've been on the phone with them arguing about this situation cause I originally called before 8am. What can be done to guarantee I get this item? No other companies now have it for me to rebuy it from them because I lost out on those options when I ordered from you. My email is elizabethkaye1@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time.

Comment (0)

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with customer service trying to use my Macy's money. She did not understand what I was talking about. I don't know how many times I explained to her. She kept putting me on hold. She tried to place the order but still couldn't figure out the Macy's money. I ended up placing the order myself and using my Macy's charge I will go into the store and take care of the Macy's money myself. I am sorry to say this but you need to have English speaking agents. They are difficult to understand and have to spend too much time explaining. This has happened more than once. Spending 30 minutes is unacceptable especially with no resolve.

Comment (21)

I bought Glenmore 320 three count 6-pic icing sheet set navy for $29.58, the worst set ever bought that bled thru to my mattress and pillows. It got into my nails and pajamas and turned everything purple. This is not a good set and should be discontinued. I tried to take it back but they need the wrapping it came in so I couldn't take it back, with the receipt. What a waste of time and money. Please don't buy.

Comment (0)

I have furnished my entire house with Macy's furniture and although they claim to have great quality and service my experience has been the complete opposite. My mattress is not even 6 months old and it is already defected. I spoke to a supervisor who was very rude and was not helpful. Although this mattress is clearly defective on their part the most they can do is charge me to collect their poor quality mattress in order to swap it, and that was him trying to "help" me. To charge me for their poor quality products. I will no longer be purchasing anything from Macy's, you're better off shopping at a thrift shop.

Comment (5)

Dear Macy's headquarters. I just received today, September 27, 2016, an advertising Clinique flyer with a gift offer. However, the Gift Offer is stated being valid Friday, September 23, 2016 through Monday, September 26, 2016 which is the weekend just past. Not sure how I'm supposed to take advantage of this offer if the mailer arrives late? Kind of disappointed I have missed this offer and in Macy's advertising department.

Comment (0)

I love shopping at Macy's and using my star pass. Because of the new system whereby we cannot use our star pass down stairs at the clearance department made my shopping experience not encouraging. I think that system should be revised because not everyone can shop regular price items.

Comment (0)

I have a gift card that is old and never used. I went to use it and was told that the card was invalid. I was told by sales rep it would need to get it re-issued. I went the the office and no one came to the door. I went back to the store and spoke to another sales rep and she suggested to call customer service. I did. Customer service rep said the number in the card is invalid and not in the system. So how can I get this card re-issued? Also the receipt is on wax paper and is fading. The irony is that Macy's gift cards don't expire. But I am yet to cash it and/or spend it because of all the run around that I've encountered.

Comment (9)

It was suggested by an e-mail I sent to Macy's customer service that I contact customer service again about a removing an old credit card number that was attached to my account. Subsequently customer service deleted my current account and then kept me on the phone for almost an hour trying to get the information back in again. Turned it over to technical support which insisted I couldn't input in the information because my browser was at fault. I never asked them to cancel my card just to remove the old card number that they kept insisting was linked to my new number. I ended up cutting up my current card and now you have lost me as a customer after many, many years. I will never shop at Macy's ever again.

Comment (0)

My bill was late in July and I asked as a courtesy that Macy take the late fee off the bill. They did, or so I thought. Now, I got a bill with a bunch of late fees and interest charges. My bill went from 90 bucks (for years) to 142. I love Macy's, but I am closing my credit card and will not be back. The amount of time that I have spent on the phone trying to figure this out is crazy. I keep getting a person that speaks another language and is very hard to understand. I am respectful and patient as she puts me on hold numerous times for over 30 minutes. I have been a Macy customer for years and I enjoy the store, but it is too stressful to deal with this anymore! It is a shame that you outsource your customer service lines to people that cannot help when you need it. So unfortunate.

Comment (7)

The date of my visit was Sept 5, 2016 (Labor Day). I was shopping in the Women's Dept. on the lower level. As I had numerous items in My hands, I asked if I could Hang them on a rack until I went into a fitting room. Of course, they were understaffed, which caused the salesgirl to roll her eyes at me and give me attitude. I am handicapped(which I mentioned to her). So I went into the textile dept. and asked the saleswoman there to call a manager. The manager was Raul. I was disappointed that he was not helping his employees.

Okay, so then I went into the fitting rooms and it looked like a tornado had struck. The handicapped room had an Out of Order sign on it. I opened the door and it was piled high with clothing. I went to Raul and asked him if he had seen the fitting rooms( he had not) and then asked him if he knew the handicapped room was closed. He said that a child had an accident in there. I asked him, with all those clothes in there? Disgusting.

Then I went to the children's dept. and found two outfits but the check out line was 10 people deep ( I counted). Looked around for another register and came upon the same saleswoman when I asked for a manager, she approached me, and she asked if the manager helped me. She then went out of her way to ring my sales. Her name is Razi, a 18 year employee of Fields and Macy's, from the bedding dept. She is a gem.

All of this made me wonder if this is a store that Macy's is closing. I shop at the OakBrook store and they make me feel that they are glad I am shopping with them. The fitting rooms are never disaster zones. The salespeople approach me and ask if they can hold my clothes. Very sad that Woodfield has tarnished Field's reputation so badly.

Comment (0)

I need a refund as soon as possible for $27.99 on the order number 1221497742. Also, demanding the better customer service support from Macy’s. I ordered two golf shorts 8/5/2016. Got the email to notified me that order had been shipped, but there was no tracking number on the email. I was waiting for awhile and I did not receive any golf shorts. I have to file a complaint on the customer service persons. I called and talked to 5 customers service persons from Macy and spent hours to talk to them (you should know the names of those by tracing back to the order number 1221497742 every time I made a call to them).

I get hung up many times by Macy's customer service person who cannot resolve the issue and when I asked to talk to the supervisor, they hang up the phone on me. I got a partial refund for $27.99 back to my checking account, but another $27.99 has not being refunded. Therefore, I call again today 8/24/2016 and asking for a customer service supervisor (Alexandra) who helped me to process the refund of $27.99 to deposit back to my account. She said that she will process it, and I am waiting patiently to see it happen soon.

I am a good online and in-store customer for Macy. My wife and I love Macy products and we bought many of them already. Hopefully, will do it again. I hope your company will train those customer service persons who I talked to. I really feel frustrated because they did not help me and just wasted my time.

Comment (0)

There was recently an issue with a refund applied to the incorrect account. They were excellent at making sure the error was taken care of in a timely manor I am very happy with there customer service skills.

Comment (0)

I place an online order with Macy's 8/5 buy one pair of shoes and get the 2nd pair free. When placed the order it did not give me a free pair of shoes so I call Macy's customer service and told John (representative for Macy's) my order is wrong because I didn't get my free pair of shoes. John said that his manager told him he would need to cancel the order and redo the order. John told me he would give me a call back in 2 hours. Three hours has pass and no call back so I called back and ask to speak with John manager and told him this is poor customer service and I didn't get a call back.

The manager said that they did not cancel the order and the shoes that I brought did qualify for a free pair of shoes you had to buy the same style of shoes. I told John manger that isn't what the sale paper or the internet stated I had two pair of shoes name XOXO Sybil, also the other 2 pair of shoes I had was the same price 44.99. I brought 4 pairs of shoes a total of 168.35 and I know I should have at least got a buy one get one free pair of shoes are even give an discount on the shoes. I have been a long time shopper with Macy's and this was not an good experience and got rip off. I try to upload the document but it would not upload so I had to paste the information in.

Comment (0)

I submitted a rebate form to Macy's Rebate Center in May, 2016. I received notice that my rebate request had been received and processed. Then, NOTHING. I tracked the rebate and it said the rebate had been approved. I contacted the rebate center by phone and the agent was so hard to understand I finally had to hang up. I tried contacting the chat line on the internet and only got promises that the check would be sent. The most recent contact indicated the check was issued on May 26 and I would be receiving it in the form of a post card, but give it an additional 15 days to arrive.

When I asked the agent (Penson R,) who I could contact that monitors the rebate center, the agent said "not authorized the give that information". And then, Penson R. ended the chat/cut me off. How rude. Macy's should be ashamed of the awful service they provide issuing rebate checks. The amount is not very much and I think the delaying tactics are to make me forget about the rebate. I am determined to get some results just because the customer care Macy's offers is so dismal and dishonest.

Comment (4)

I am one of your most valuable customers, whereas even holding a Macy's credit card. I was at the Macy's in Oakbrook, Illinois in the shoe department. I had an excellent sales lady, however, she was swamped with other customers. So I asked one sales lady if she could get another shoe for me and she stated NO, I had to go to the lady who was waiting on me. So, I over looked that and went back to the sales lady who was attentive to my needs. But at the end of me making my choices of shoes, I noticed one of the shoes I needed a larger size.

Of course the lady who was helping me was with other customers, and attempting to ring some out too. So, another sales person was standing there doing nothing and I asked if she could get the shoe for me, and she stated NO you have to deal with the person who was helping you. I told her that was ludicrous because the lady who was helping me was swamped with customers and I could not see why I had to wait and she was doing nothing. I was informed it is a commission thing. Well, I told them I don't think Mr. Macy's would like that because this method they have adapted will stop customers from coming to the store. I told them I am spending money and should not have to be apart of their commission game.

This is very upsetting and normally when incidents like this happen I leave without buying anything and never shop the store again. But the lady who was helping me was so polite and seemed to working so hard I decided to purchase the shoes. No to return to the store I am not sure. I shop at all the high end stores because of the service that I receive, because I am a firm believer that when I spend my money I should be treated accordingly. Please look into this and have this policy changed, and make sure the staff know they are to help any client who needs help regardless if they receive commission or not.

Comment (0)

On July 20th I made a purchase at Macys online and when trying to pay my card was rejected. I called the people at Chase bank and immediately got the problem solved and they approved the order and the order was processed by Macys. I noted to Macys this was a gift. I wanted to surprise my wife but the same night Macys fraud department left a message on my phone and then actually made another call and my wife answered. So goes the surprise. My concern is that Macy's fraud dept shouldn't even have been involved period.

I got the order approved through my bank so My bank knew it was ME making the order or THEY wouldn't have approved it. So where does Macys fraud dept come into play. They had bank approval to process the order so Chase knew it was a proper order and funds to Macys had been approved for the order. I then the next day called the Macys fraud dept and got some foreigner on the phone that I couldn't understand very well and got the old run around for why they had to act on this order...which was pure BS. Their apology isn't enough in this case. They need to keep out of others business when others get the problems taken care of without their help. What a surprise for my wife.

Comment (0)

In June 2015 I purchased a bathing suit for my wife and before the summer was over the bathing suit had deteriorated and I would like reimbursement of the $75.00 I spent on my Macy's credit card I used to purchase it. My wife did not overuse the bathing suit and she hardly used it all and the suit never made it out of one whole summer. We do not know the brand of the bathing suit and she has since thrown the suit away and went to a competitor for another this year. Bathing suits especially from Macy's should last more than one brief summer. I enjoy Macy's as well as my wife and do intent on continuing to shop there, however, this issue really did upset us as we never had this type of problem before.

Comment (0)

Purchased a pair of Charter Club earrings 6 months ago, can't wear because the stem is too short. Asked for refund. The manager and the salesclerk belittled me by going around the counter and having a private conference and then the snooty associate and the very rude manager said, can't refund because six months ago. I can't wear the rings and I still have them on them on the sales package. This is not the head manager, it's the assistant manager and he needs counseling.

I have had my account longer than he and she have been employed by Macy's. I told him, put a sign up and state, if purchased more than 6 months, no returns. He walked. I used no profanity because I was talking to an idiot and the clerk gave such a nasty look. I told both of them, I shall report you to the head office because you are not professional at all. If you need a picture of the ring, I'll take a picture with my tablet and send to you, the stem is just too short. In all of my years with Macy's I have never, never received such rudeness and this is not a good thing for Macy's.

Comment (0)

I don't even want to rate Macy's. I placed an online order from your company and it was delivered UPS yesterday. The shoes that were delivered to me obviously had been worn. The shoes were Unlimited, Kenneth Cole Production. Never in my life have I ever been to disappointed. I order these from one of your advertisement pop-ups from Facebook. As I mentioned before these looked as though that had been worn. The white soles on the shoes were dirty with marks, the bottoms of the shoes indicated the wear as well as, along with the discolored worn strings that were in the shoes. I hope that this is not one of advertising scams via Facebook. I will never visit or ever order another item from your company. I will not waste my time to upload a picture to this response, because you are getting these shoes back and you can view them at your leisure.

Comment (0)

My billing due on April 26, 2016 was delivered in the mail on Saturday May 1st, 2016. Called in the payment today and they would not reverse the late charge because I had another late charge waived because when they changed to American Express the payment was credited to the wrong account. I have had the account for twenty one years, and they kept me on hold twice for 20 minutes and hung up, the third time I called they would not let me speak to a supervisor and asked me if I was sure I wanted to close it out. I did can't go through this again, even though I used to like to shop there.

Comment (0)

I am 73 years old and have lived in this area over 60 years. This Macy's escalator is broken and has not worked for several weeks. Now the elevator is also broken for several weeks and the only way to get to the second floor, have to walk to the back of the store to take the freight elevator. This elevator is funky and dirty b I am unable to walk on the escalator steps to the second floor because I don't want to fall on the slippery steps.

Macy's seems to not care about the customers who regularly shop at this store as well as the. Oasis Sr Citizen Center located in this store. Your management doesn't care about us since we are blacks and Latinos. You guys sure wouldn't let this problem linger in a white neighborhood. I am a preferred shopper over the years at Macy's and at this time prefer to cease giving you my business. You are making money off of us to only provide lousy service to us.

Comment (0)

Last week on a visit to Tampa I was asked by my Daughter to purchase a Cinique product under the gift promotion. I went to Macy's University Mall counter who had the gift program running spend $27 to obtain gift I requested the moisture surge product for my daughter and after purchase notice my bill was $52 and asked if this was correct I was informed by the assistant that it was and there was an upgrade to the gift if I spent $55 I would qualify. I did this with purchase of the face soap which I knew she used. On returning home she was horrified at the costs the assistant had given me a larger size of the original product $52 instead of the $39 size that would have still qualified for the gift and also negating even contemplating the up grade. I feel this was underhanded exploitation.

Comment (0)

March 5, 2016, I forgot my password so tried to reset. Since the response to the verification question could be written in a number of different ways, I ended up being locked out of my account. When I contacted customer service to get it unlocked, the first representative told me he was unable to either send me a link to reset or send me my old password and told me it would be about two weeks before it could be reset. A second representative verified internal problems. This is not a new experience with the Macy's on line account technology and is unacceptable. Other entities are able to immediately send a link to reset a password. Why is Macy's unable to do so?

Comment (0)

I purchased a dining set in October 2015. The side of the table has a scratch/scrape on the side. My granddaughter sent an email along with the receipt/date of purchase/and a image of the scratch. This was sent at least four times and no one acknowledged it. I wanted to know what can be used to cover this scratch/scrape. I'm at work at the moment and don't have the above receptor a photo of the image with me. I wanted to know what can be used to conceal the scratch; if anything. It was purchased in good faith and I would like a response in good faith also.

Comment (0)

I placed an order online that was confirmed and waited patiently. Placed on the 17th. I waited until the 29th to inquire. I was treated rudely with ignorance towards my time and the supervisor added zero. There is no reason for her to have her job.she has absolutely no customer skills nor did she have a bit of empathy. She did not try to resolve the problem. If you have had a similar experience please let me know.

Comment (0)

I was at Macy,s with my wife, at the Huntington Station, NY store, in the Walt Whitman Mall. I was there to buy a certain color men's dress shirt. After I found what I came for, my wife and I got on line at the cashier, near the men's dress shirts. There were 2 cashiers there, a man and a woman, we were taken by the man. The woman, who was at the other register seemed to be annoyed that I was asking our cashier about which discounts I should be getting. At one point, she gave me an extremely unpleasant look when I was asking about a discount if I use my Macy's credit card.

I have been buying at this Macy's for many many years and have never had any unpleasant employee before. Everyone who works has to be nice and kind with their clients, so why is this cashier excused from this? I believe I have every wright to ask anyone I am paying anything I want about the discounts or the price. By the way, this woman seemed very cold and somewhat bossy with her own customers. This took place around 5:29 pm

Comment (0)

I have applied for my Macy's card (Account number - 6035-3400-0563-4064) on October 2015 from Mall Of America (Bloomington, MN) store. But before getting the actual card on my hand, I got a statement letter from Macy's, saying that I have an outstanding bill of $642 and I found that the entire amount was a fraudulent activity. I immediately spoke to customer care and they convinced me that they are going to investigate the entire thing and for that I have to fill up a form and I have to submit to them.

I got the form, filled and submitted. Till then nothing has happened from their side. On next month I got another statement asking for late fees. I again spoke to customer care and they waived off the late fees. They also confirmed me that they are going to block my number so that I won't get call from collection department. But everything was false statement and I am still getting collection calls. My credit history has been totally ruined. I am really pissed off by Macy's card and their customer care. I would not recommend anybody to have Macy's card.

Comment (0)

I went to buy Shoes (two pairs) and when I asked the Customer Service person at the shoe department, i had to wait for her to stop talking to her co-worker. Finally, she asked me if she could help me. I told her what I wanted and in what size and she said, sit down, i will get them but continued to talk to her co-worker for about 10 minutes! finally , she went to the back and came back with only one pair because she couldn't find the other.

I tried it on and it was perfect but she said , it looks small, I replied, no, it fits fine. She repeated a couple of times that it didn't look like it was the right size. Frustrated, I said, I am taking this. She took the box and started to help me when another customer came and said, I am taking these and the other lady said you can help me. I felt insulted! I have never experience such a bad customer service at Macys before. I am very disappointed! this are the ticket number on the receipt.

Customers should be treated with respect. I didn't even had a chance to see a second pair because she was so busy in a personal conversation!

Comment (0)

In December I purchased two bottles of juicy couture for a gift for my daughters. The did not like it so we returned them on December 30th. For the one I purchased a Light Blue set and for the another I purchased another scent of juicy couture that you did not have in the store but ordered for me.

When I received my bill I had a credit for the one juicy couture and a charge for the light blue. The other one the gentleman at the store was doing a one for one exchange but on my bill I did not get a credit but I did get a charge for the one I ordered. Instead of being a one for one exchange I did not get a credit and I got a charge. So now I am paying for 3 when I only purchased two. The customer service staff were rude and incompetent when I tried to have a conversation.

After about a half hour they got a supervisor on the line only to end up cutting me off when they transferred me. I am going to file deceptive billing practices in regards to this not because a mistake happened because they do and I understand that but because no one wants to listen to make it right.

Comment (0)

I placed an order today and immediately got a "cancelled" notice. Order #: 1180633488. Order date: 01/28/2016. Something about fraud--so glad you are looking out for the consumer---however this has gapped every time i place an order. then i go through the 20 minute telephone hold--then you i have to listen to someone who can barely speak English and then the phone goes dead. If i actually do get to a person the standard mantra: "sorry sir, i can't divulge that information" and no--there is no one you can talk to--order cancelled.

I just want to throw money at you, but you do not have reasonably efficient customer sales process for placing orders. How you have manage to keep the doors open for more than a century is beyond belief--but hey--you all have nice parade! And i will bet you no one will respond to this complaint either.

Comment (16)

Submitted Christmas rebates per directions. purchases were made within the required dates. Each rebate was initially denied as invalid due to the purchase date being entered incorrectly at the rebate center. I was not advised by the rebate center in any way. I discovered this error by checking on the rebate about 2 weeks later when i never heard anything at all. Two out of three rebates were adjusted. The third was not even researched. I have responded to the email and advised the purchase date was entered into their system incorrectly and referred to the tracking numbers of the rebates that were adjusted and checks were supposed to have been issued on.

This has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had with Macy's. I have never experienced anything like this in all the years I have shopped with Macy's. I strongly suggest they use a different rebate center the next time they do rebates. If this rebate center is part of Macy's they need to do some extensive retraining on some of their Customer Services Associates. I would like to complement Christie, Jack, & Eugenia on the rebates they worked. These three researched the issue and replied promptly with the solution. They were very good and represented Macy's well.

Comment (0)

I bought a pair of sapphire earrings that after the purchase I was informed that I can pick them up on 1/31/16. I used my Macy's gift card. my plenti points and my Macy's card to pay for these earrings. Since I cant have them today, refund my purchase. The purchase could not be voided because I used my plenti points. I earned every single point on that Plenti card at that Macys. This happened today 1/22/16. The poor young girl behind the counter had no idea how to even ring the sale using my Plenti card. T

he manager, Sarah, came over to jewelry to explain to me that my gift card is tied up until the 31st, my plenti points are tied up, and that she couldn't let her earrings leave the store until the 31st. She can keep her earrings and Macy's can have my Macy card. The reason I had a gift card is because friends know its my favorite store. Thats over! The store Westfield Sarasota Square. Sarah tried to give me a $25 Macy Money. Why would I take that, she acted like she didn't even know what Plenti points were. I wouldn't take those earrings now if they were free. Macy's and I are no longer friends.

Comment (0)

I bought a twin bed from your Eastland furniture center, Columbus, ohio this past Sat. salescheck #26236658, associate 71624701 who did explain there were no returns. We set it up last night and unfortunately there were several cracks in the sideboards. The reason I did not see this when I purchased it is that they were wrapped in heavy plastic and I could not see the cracks. I understand the "no return" policy but I do believe I should be credited dollars for the damage to this bed. It was the only one in the store. I do not give my phone # as I am hearing disabled and do not take calls. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comment (0)

I ordered a blazer on line. Love it, fits perfect and looks great. My biggest disappointment is it reeks of perfume. I am allergic to most perfumes. They give me a terrible headache. There is no reason that the blazer should have perfume on it unless it was used by someone else or put on purposely. I am going to try airing out doors but if it doesn't work I will return it. The packing ID is 71392 503. I would try to exchange it but would be concerned that they would send me another one with perfume on it. Very unhappy about this.

Comment (0)

Black Friday Sale had "$7.99" Crockpots with $12 rebate. So my sister and i gladly paid the $19.99 (two separate transactions) and submitted the rebate form. Nowhere on the form did it say there was a limit per person, so we just sent both receipts (hers cash, mine credit) And UPC's with one form. I received $12. I was told only limit of one per person. They need to state that, as it wasn't in the fine print, I read over it carefully, or I would have happily sent in two envelopes separate for us. Be very cautious when purchasing from Macy's offering "rebate" like sales.

Comment (0)

I am upset that when shopping at the Chapel Hill Macy's which is due to close, I spent over $250.00 and was unable to earn any plenti points or Thanks for sharing. I used my Macy's card and I expected to receive Thanks for sharing and plenti points as that was the reason to sign up for both as an incentive for using my Macy Card. I was unable to return anything to take my business to another Macy's so I am asking for reconsideration on this as a loyal Macy's customer for over 15 years.

Comment (0)

I have received a finance charge on my last two bills without an explanation. I always pay my monthly charge in full so there should be no finance charge. Today (1/11/16) when I tried to contact Macy's by telephone I found that they only have an automated phone system that continually routes you in an endless loop. To my knowledge there is no way to reach any customer service to remedy the issue.

Comment (0)

My grandson went to the Macy's at Governor's Square Mall in Tallahassee, FL to get the security bar taken off jackets that I had given him and his brother for Christmas. He had the receipts with him. He was told that the items were not on the receipt and that their machine to take the security bar off was different and would not work on the security bar on the jackets. My daughter mailed the jackets to me from Tallahassee, FL. Upon receipt of the jackets, I took them back to The Falls in Miami where Mr. Thomas Meyer apologized for all of my inconveniences. He checked the receipt, took the security bar off, and sent the jackets back to my daughter in Tallahassee.I want to commend Mr. Meyer for his handling of the problem, however, I am throughly disappointed and upset that we had to go through the aggravation of this problem after we spent over $500 at Macy's buying Christmas gifts.

Comment (0)

I bought my son jeans on line for Christmas. They were not the correct ones and I had to return them. I just paid my bill in full and mailed the payment Monday, January 4, 2016. When I went to return them I was not offered cash back, but a credit on my account or a gift card. I no longer shop Macy's is I can help it, due to the fact your coupons are worthless and your return policies. I now have to come up with another $ 83.36 to give to my son to replace his gift and have a gift card which will take me forever to use in your store, if I don't lose it first. I would like to have my money back. As it is now, I will be forced to spend a total of $166.72 at your store. This not fair. My husband is on a fixed income. You have now given me another reason to not step foot in your store. I love your store but your policies do keep me out of it. I have taken my business to Kohl's. Yes I know their quality is not up to yours, but I can live with their polices.

Comment (0)

Macy's allowed my ex-wife to use my Macy's credit card card and take over the limit of $1500 to $6200. I filed 2 complaints and your fraud agents is still telling me I'm responsible for 2 years. I've been asking them not to allow her to use my card they but a security hold on it with only the card holder to use and still they allow her to use it. If I'm always recorded when I call why has this still been going on.

I have received 3 new cards I this time she was still able to use it. I never called to request a limit change , and Macy's should of never allowed a change without my permission please look into this case and contact me on this matter.

Comment (0)

I ordered six items from the online store which were to be Christmas gifts for family. A delivery was made 2 days later - wow! Fast service. I opened the package - NOTHING I ordered was in it! Had the right packing slip with all the items I ordered listed, but I received four items I never ordered. I called the toll free number and was assured they would ship my order out right away and send a return label via email for the wrong items. Before hanging up, the rep said "Oh, wait - I see two of the items you ordered are unavailable" - the two most important items!! So I requested cancellation of the entire order, asked for a full refund to my PayPal account and the return label for the wrong items.

Several days later: still no return label, and no refund to my account. I called once again - different representative, of course. Confirmed my order number, etc. and very politely apologized and assured me my refund was in process. However, he could not generate a return label as I didn't have the order number or transit number for the incorrect items. How could I have those when the correct packing list for my order was provided - not the info for the items I didn't order. He said I could just take them to the nearest Macy's store and return them. I informed him I live nearly two hours from the nearest store and would not be in that area til probably next spring. I told him I would find someone going that way to return them.

On the 21st of December I STILL had no refund that I had been assured twice that I would be receiving! I was told it would take 7-10 business days to process and was PROMISED a refund would be in my PayPal account on Dec. 23rd. Of course, that didn't happen....soooo, today, December 28th I called once again. (Gave them benefit of the holiday time). I was told yet again it was in process. That was when I had enough - and told her I want the money in my PapPal Account TODAY, that I was very unhappy with Macy's service, and several other things - I won't bore you any longer with the details.

Lo and behold, I received an e-mail from PayPal within 10 minutes that my account had been credited! Now, why couldn't that have been done with the other two reps? I declined to participate in the survey - as I told the rep, she didn't want to know what I thought of Macys right then!

Comment (0)

Several weeks before Christmas I ordered 2 white towel monogrammed in Silver for my son's fiancee. When they arrived the week before Christmas, even though the packing slip said white towel with silver monogram, they were ivory towels with a garish gold monogram so whomever filled the order did not take the time to do it correctly or just stuck something in the package and hoped it would work. They did get the monogram right but in the wrong towel color and wrong monogram color. I immediately called Macy's who apologized and said they would expedite my gift with the correct towels and I should get it on the 22nd. The sales rep guaranteed the package would be here by the 22nd and I has asked her several times to confirm.

She was very confident because she had checked to make sure the item was in stock and that Macy's would handle the expediated shipment. When the package had not arrived on the 24th, hours before our Christmas celebration was to begin, I was told by customer service that no shipment had occurred as the order could not be fulfilled . I was SHOCKED not only because they told me it would be fulfilled and my gift would arrive by Christmas when I spoke to them last week, BUT BECAUSE NO ONE called to tell me the shipment could not be fulfilled. That is a complete lack of customer service and customer care. When you call Macy's everyone has a foreign accent so it is hard to communicate with the sales reps. Three times I asked to speak with a manager.

First, I was disconnected, the 2nd time I was on hold for 22 minutes and the 2nd time, 15 minutes and I have yet to speak two a manager. The non-caring sales rep I first spoke to asked would you like us to refund your money. Really???? What about no Christmas package arriving as promised? I would have expected much more from Macy's. At this point I don't know how to return the wrong package and how do I at the last minute have a nice Christmas present for my son's fiancee? I would like better service and at least a professional response from Macy's as to how they let this happen.

Comment (0)

I had called in to make a payment on my wife's card. The gentleman that answered said he couldn't tell me the payment amount but said if I guessed it he could confirm it. After I guessed it he informed me they didn't take cards over the phone. Then I asked to speak to his supervisor Cheryl # 9103553 answered the phone and went thru her speech. I asked to speak to her boss , she put me on hold for only a few minutes then came back and said he was in a meeting.

I told her I would hold, that's when she raised her voice and said ok fine the hung up. I will drive the 25 miles to store tomorrow and make the final payment on the card and close the account. And that will be the last time I will walk thru a Macy's door. If I can't make a payment then we have to pay a late fee. Then why don't you make it easier to make a damn payment and train your employees how to talk to customers ( the people who shop so they have a job. I'll let others know about my experience of trying to pay a bill.

Comment (0)

On the 16th of Dec. I made an on-line purchase at Macy for $115 and received an email with $20 Macy money. I thought: YEAH! Not so fast. I have been unable to access the money either to use for another on-line purchase or to print it up. After I had so much trouble with trying to place the order I decide it would be better to print it and go to the store. It wouldn't give me the code.

I called Macy's customer service department twice this morning and have been on the computer for a good part of the day trying to redeem this. I'm making a complaint now because I'm past annoyed. After finally getting someone on the phone who asked me to hold on for a couple of minutes, I finally hung up after holding on for almost an hour.

The darn money expires on the 23rd. And probably6 by then the mini food processor that is on sale will no longer be. This is very poor customer service. I understand that they keep saying how busy they are. But guess what, so are there customers. Right now they don't even deserve the one star for such poor customer service.

Comment (0)

I ordered a king size down comforter. Because of the size, I had it gift wrapped for $10.00. The wrapping job was disgraceful and it will have to be re-wrapped. I would like a credit for this service which brings Macy's down a few pegs in my eyes. Will have a hard time shopping at Macy's again.

Comment (2)

12-19-15 Went with my fiancé to Macys today as he wanted to purchase a xmas gift for me. Selected a Michael Kors crystal pave bangle braclet. The retail ticket price was $125.00. On top of the display was a sale sign that said 50% off. Asked if it was on sale and clerk checked and said no full price $125.00. My fiance said was ok as we had six different coupons for Macys and could use one towards purchase. The clerk tried all of the coupons which were not expired and said none of them applied a discount.

I checked all of the coupons and read the exclusions and they did not indicate the Michael Kors was excluded on any of the coupons. I can see that all coupons might not be applicable but when you have six and can use NONE this is not acceptable. Why does Macy's print coupons that are not usable? Also why would all jewelry be on sale in the jewelry dept. EXCEPT Michael Kors? The coupons are false advertisement used to get customer's in the store but then they find out their worthless. Feel free to email me to resolve this negative customer experience with your store. I thought Macy's was better than this.

Comment (0)

Tried to log on to my Macy's Profile. My password did not work. Locked me out. Ok fine-So I call Macy's Customer Service and after a very very long wait- get transferred to Tech support. The rep had such a thick foreign accent that I could not understand her. After multiple attempts explaining my problem with Log In; she told me the computer system for re-setting passwords was down and to call back in 48 hours. Are you kidding me? A system upgrade during Holiday Season- what IT moron would do this? So I guess I am going over to Amazon.com- they don't have problems like this. Very poor IT service from Macys. Very disappointed.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to get my Macy's plenti point to work. every time I call customer service whatever they say there doing dose not work. I have called many times about this problem. My Macy's card won't link up with plenti points. I get the point but Macy will not allow me to use them when I check out. My Macy card is a different # online then the one I have. I have stated this many times.I've been to plenti many of times They can't seem to fix it. Either can Macy's.

Your customers service people are very rude and they don't even understand when I say my name. I can't understand them either. It very frustrating. I've spent two hours on the phone just today. Any there has been many more times. I use to like shopping at Macy and I shop a lot there but I may not any more because you customers service is so bad now.

Comment (0)

I ordered a sweater at Macy's Online. The sweater is to big I want to return it but it came without a label. I called customer service and asked for a label to be emailed to me; the young man who I really could not understand his accent finally after many questions if I really wanted to return it said he would email me one. Next day no email I went through the process again with another young man I could barely understand; he said he would send the email. Still no email. It should not be this hard to return an item. Why is there no address on the website, why no return label with package?

Comment (0)

In my last bill I received a past due amount $27.00. I immediately contact Macy's credit department to correct this problem. I always sent Macy's twice the amount own. My bank show the amount of $50.00 dollars paid and cashed as of 12/1/20015. The first person I talked too finally acknowledged the payment and ask for a $8.22 balance, I gave it to him. I asked for update and when the next payment was due. He said it was up to date but did not know when the next payment was due. This did not sound right. An hour later I called for clarification.

The next person first stated I own the whole amount. When explained I just paid, she acknowledged the payment of 8.22 was just paid. The $50.00 was mark paid by my bank who takes out the money from my account before sending the check ( registrar check). The check was received on 12/1. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold for 20 minutes, I finally hung up. My experience with Macy's has always been good. The two agents I talked too were not very honest and very confusing and cold hearted.

Comment (0)

On Sunday 11-29-29 at 3:30pm I was at the Macy's Plaza Bonita store in San Diego, CA. I was standing in line at the check stand with my daughter to purchase a sterling silver necklace finished jewelry and I was the 2nd customer in line. After the female Hispanic clerk rang up the order of the customer in front of me, the clerk walked away from the register and told me, "someone else will help you". She then walked away from the checkout area. I was VERY UPSET because I was standing in line for 15 min. No one else came to help us. I then turned around and saw a female clerk standing next to a register and I asked, Could you help us please? and the clerk replied, "Yes". I walked up towards her and put the necklace on the counter and the clerk turned towards another customer and started to help that customer!

I got UPSET AGAIN and told my daughter, Nobody wants to help us. I got so angry and told the clerks, you people are rude. At this point a female clerk said out loud sarcastically, "Have a nice day sir, ha ha!!" The clerks were all laughing at me and my daughter! I called the Macy's corporate office and then the store 10 min later and complained to the Assistant Mgr. Maricela and told her what happened and she said, she will addressed the problem. WOW I was Shocked! she should have addressed the problem immediately to prevent any other problems with customers! No wonder the employees are RUDE to customers.

Comment (5)

I would really like to speak to someone in Mr. Terry J. Lundgren's office about my complaint, the CEO of Macy's. My problem is with HR office in Manhasset, N.Y. I have tried to speak with her for several month s without getting through. First she is on the phone, then she is with a manager, then she is on a conference call, then the door is closed. I think I could speak to the president before I could speak with her first. I have been a Macy's customer for over 30 years and never have had to deal with this before. I would really like to speak to someone who can help me with this.

Comment (0)

I placed an order through Macy's online (order no 1158975443) on 19th November, Stacy Adams Brayden Cap Toe Oxfords shoes size 8M using 15% discount in offer (SUPER). Later I realized I put in the wrong shoe size. So, I called in on 20th afternoon to Macy's customer service center. Before that, I checked online and the order was yet to be activated. I talked to a lady representative and explained the mix up with the shoe size and requested her to change the size to 8.5M. She said she took care of it and it would take 24 hours to show the updated info. Next day which is today, I get an email saying that part of my order is on the way. So, I got curious with the phrase "part of my order".

So, I go online and realized that the Macy's customer service representative has placed another order for size 8.5M instead of cancelling the original size 8M order. So, now size 8M order is in the transit while the new order of size 8.5M is in queue. To add injury to insult, the new order has been charged at the original price without the discount. So, I called in again. Now they tell me "we are so sorry, but there is nothing we can do. You can return the item once it is delivered and call us for refund." I must say this is the worst customer care experience I had in my entire life and there is no way am I going to do shopping from Macy's again. And I will make it my moral obligation to inform everyone I know about this horrendous experience.

Comment (0)

The Macy's 1800-511-3207 phone number rings 2x then hangs up, if you do get through it says hold on for the next avail. person after waiting 5 min it hangs up. I finally got through and the person said let me put you on hold to check out the problem and she never came back to the phone. I was put on hold for over 10 min and then the phone disconnected! Macy's customer service if beyond terrible. I was shopping in your store and they said my credit card expired but they could send me a new one I did not see that you gave me a new acct number so when my e bill came it said -47.00. I did not get a bill for the new credit card number and they want to charge me 27.00 late fee and 8.00 interest fee. If Macy's sends me a new card it should be connected to my expired card don't you think? I do not think I should be charge a late fee since I did not know you open a new account for me that I did not know about.

Comment (6)

I sent this to customersupport@macys.com: What "Document Center"? - I wasted precious time clicking the button above and then hunting around for some "important document". I followed your instructions: "•Sign in to your online account at https://www.macys.com/mymacyscard." [Nice typo, by the way.] Nothing to be found anywhere, in the Macy's account and the Department Stores National Bank (DSNB) website managed by Citibank, N.A. DSNB aka My Macy's Credit Card Account. Tell your marketing/customer retention department that I said Macy's sucks. Glad I paid off your predatory card, and I will keep it open just to help my excellent credit score.

Comment (15)

I sent a check for total amount due of $601.33 (check #1995, PNC Bank) on 10/06/15. But the bank transaction showed Macy's requested to drew $60.33 instead on 10/8/15. And the most recent bill statement showed interest of $11.71 because you made mistake. I asked one of your representative today to get $11.71 interest forgiven with no avail. Therefore, I asked to close my account right then because I and my family won't shop at Macy's any more. If you are willing to lose a long time customer due to your mistake for meager $11.71. I will send a check for total amount including $11.71. interest of $602.94. I think other company might have excused me for $11.71 based on my track record. Unfortunately, You have my check somewhere and I lost the carbon copy of the check so that I can't prove it.

Comment (0)

Getting a hold of anyone in customer service is impossible. I have been on the phone off and on for over 1-1/2 hours trying to get a person. I am currently holding for tech support for not being able to access my account online. Going on 20 minutes. Inexcusable for a company of this size really.

Comment (0)

I received a $29.00 penalty for late payment of my last bill. Please note that I live in Canada. I just received notice of the charge today, November 9th. I have sent a money order today November 9th. The due date is November 12th to an address in Phoenix, Arizona. It takes 5 to 7 days for mail to reach there from here in Canada. No doubt that is why my last payment was considered late. Furthermore, you have sent me my bill via the Royal Mail in Great Britain. What is that all about. The date of billing was October 16th and I don't receive it until November 9th because you send a bill to me in Canada via Great Britain. That borders on complete incompetence. In short.

1. I want a cheque from Macy's for the $29.00 late fee.
2. I want an apology from Macy's administration
3. I want my account at Macy's canceled forthwith. Ac No 47-038-680-028-0

I will also call your 1-866-593-2543 number to register this complaint.

Comment (0)

All I want is a Macys phone number where I can talk to a 'real live' person about my bill. I am not going to go all into what happened, but I think a 40 year Macys customer, with excellent credit, who has spend thousands and thousands of dollars should be granted this one request. After 7 phone calls and two days of calling, I got a women with a very heavy accent. Not sure if she helped me or not, plus she told me the birth date I gave her was wrong. I think I know my birthday! I have written to the president in Cincinnati and got a letter back from someone who said someone from Macys would look into my account. I called this woman on Nov 3, got voice mail; left a response and have not heard a peep from anyone. If this is really a Macy's account page, then please e-mail me...

Comment (0)

I placed order #1150410521 on 10/28. The email I received from Macy's indicated the items would be delivered on November 5th. On November 5th I checked the status to find out the order was delivered by UPS, in which they made three attempts and returned the items back to Macy's. I live in a house with a gate, UPS should have left the package on my front porch, in which, has been done on the past with items I've purchased from Macy's. When I contacted Macy's to have the items returned I unfortunately was informed one of items was not available.

This is unacceptable. I purchased an item, I read the information carefully on the email sent to me regarding the date I was to relieve the item. It's not my fault the items were delivered earlier. Macy's should not include a delivery date for it is misleading. The customer service call center located in Asia is a joke and Macy's should be ashamed of themselves. Macy's agents cannot resolve problems and they have no critical thinking skills. Horrid and horrible! I would like all of the items I purchased resent to the Macy's on State Street or Michigan Avenue in Chicago for me to pick up. I don't want to be told an item is not available.

Comment (0)

We brought a sofa from you in October and was trying to pay it off at a nearby Macy's. I tried to pay off the sofa, but the your Philippines customer service representative over the phone would not accept our payment, she said we had to pay our other bill first of 41.35 which was not due yet until nov20.She was rude and I couldn't understand her and she use a threaten tone with me that we had sign a contact. After 45 minutes finally called another person who would try to help . the reason I went into the store was the problems my husband was having on line paying our bill. He thought he was making payment on line for six months but it was going to our other account. then he called to find out that he had to call you every time and wait over 15 minutes to do this.its been a nightmare dealing with you on this. We have been a loyal customer to you, buying our Christmas ,daughter-in law register with their weddings, birthday and my new granddaughter gifts. My question to you is where is your FIVE star treatment and what does it matter.

Comment (0)

To whom it may concern: On September 17, my credit union mailed a check for $2148 on my behalf to Macy’s to pay down my credit card balance and till date the payment hasn’t been applied. The check cleared on 9/28/15. On October 2nd, I faxed a copy of the cancel check to 1-866-903-7463 and was told they never received the cancel check. I faxed another copy again today November 5, and called after 1 hour and I was still told that the fax wasn't received; I should wait another 2 business days.

Meanwhile, I am getting harassing phone calls from Macy's telling me that I have outstanding payment. I am frustrated. Every time I call Macy's customer support, they tell me to wait one to two billing cycle, it’s been almost 2 months. They payment wasn't returned by Macy's and yet the payment wasn't applied. I just hope that this negligence on your part will not be reflected on my credit report. Please, I implore you to help resolve this issue as quickly as possible as I keep getting calls from Macys indicating that I haven’t made any payment and I do not want this to affect my credit as a late payment. I have good paying record and will not want this issue to ruin that.

Comment (3)

Macy's is leaving Roseburg, OR. Hard to believe this mainstay of our community has decided to leave. I've supported this store, often paying more, to support Macy's. I don't buy my clothes online, so will now have drive 140 miles round trip to shop at Macy's. Our community is full of older adults who won't be able to make that round trip. You will lose many faithful customers. Please reconsider the closure of your Roseburg store!

Comment (0)

Please don't close our Roseburg, Or Macy's. We all love Macy's and it's all we have. Please open in a new location and give this town some good news! I am furious that Macy's has made the decision to close the Roseburg store. I understand that the mall wants to go in a different direction but open another store in a different location in Roseburg, Oregon. I buy everything at this store. I have tried contacting the Roseburg Valley Mall where it's located but nobody will respond. Why is this happening? We have only one other department store to shop at so now I will have to travel over an hour to go to Macy's. I prefer an actual location to shop at and this seriously stinks! There are other buildings in our town that hopefully Macy's will move in to.

Comment (0)

Please reconsider closing your Roseburg Oregon store. It is needed in this community and I am sure it is profitable. Maybe a new location so you do not need to deal with the mall. Downtown has some nice locations and you could go back to your roots and set up downtown.

Comment (0)

I live in Roseburg, Oregon. I shop at Macys all the time. It is the largest department store in our town. Macys is closing in our mall. I heard some kind of dispute. This means I have to travel 70 miles north to shop in Macys. Everyone I have talked to about this matter is upset by this. Is there any way Macys can go to another location in our City?

Comment (0)

We are from Ontario, Canada and came over the border for a day trip. We paid $450.00 on the Macy's credit card, but when we went to make a purchase, it came back unapproved because they are not able to process the payment right away. We had to stand at the counter for 45 minutes waiting to get a verification code. To make matters worse the store was understaffed and although the poor assistant called for help, they were all on lunch break. Apparently if you make a payment to lower your balance and you wanted to use this amount to make a purchase, you cannot purchase anything for a few days until the payment has been processed. This would mean we would have to stay overnight in the U.S. just to make a purchase. This seems crazy to me. Additionally the amount we paid was greater than our credit balance. I called Macy's credit department today to make a complaint today and the credit card attendant just blew me off.

Comment (0)

My bank payed my bill electronically and has sent Macy's the proof. I have spoken to Macy's several times, both through e-mail and phone and no one will help. They keep saying have your bank contact us. My bank, Anheuser Busch, did contact them and was told it would be taken care of. There has been interest and late fees applied and it will probably go against my credit. I can't believe that a company as big as Macy's has such terrible customer service.

Comment (0)

I had been looking for dining room chairs forever and found what I wanted at Macy's. The chairs, originally $169 were on closeout for $44.10 each! I was SO excited. I called and ordered 4 which came to $176.40. Then I found out there was a $200 delivery charge plus $20 because I lived in a "remote" location! I understand delivery charges but absolutely no where on the webpage did it mention a Delivery charge. There was all kinds of information on the actual order page about shipping (I read all the fine print), and in red at the top of the page, "Free Shipping on orders of $99".

I was not able to ship to the store and pickup, I was not able to go to a Macy's furniture gallery to get my chairs, I was not able to go to their warehouse to pick up the chairs, and I was told "well, chairs aren't shipped, they are delivered"…it was 5-star, white glove delivery or nothing. There's a ton of websites where you can order furniture and have it shipped so don't tell me you can't ship chairs. I ultimately got my shipping down to $160 and paid it since the chairs still came in less than anywhere else and it was what I really wanted, but this is definitely misleading advertising and will lead to more Macy's complaints in the future if it is not corrected.

I paid as much for delivery as I did the chairs! (I must be a lunatic!) If furniture requires a delivery charge, they need to state it up front on the website - on each item page - so there's no question or confusion. This was very misleading and HIDDEN information which needs to change.

Comment (0)

On 10/23/15 I tried for about an hour to place an order online but the website keep saying they were having technical difficulties (this is not the first time this has happened to me). I then proceeded to call customer service to place my order. After 46 minutes of answering repeated questions I was told to place my order online because the customer service rep was having difficulties ( that's what I did 46 minutes ago). I was very disappointed because I missed out on a few expensive sale items for my new home and was unable to check the status on some bedding that has been on back order for 2 months (I have spent well over 14,000 dollars on Macy's home decor). I have been a loyal Macy's customer for over 23 years. This was a huge disappointment to me having to write more Macy's complaints and I am currently reconsidering shopping for my new home at Macy's.

Comment (1)

While I was in Las Vegas on 11th of this month we purchased a black Armani jeans shirt as a gift. On our return to UK we noticed holes in the shirt where the security tag would have been. It was very disappointing to find this as we are not in a position to take this back to the store. I can provide Macy's the proof of purchase and I would be grateful if you could refund the money on to my credit card.

Comment (0)

Well, I'm on my second pair of gold hoops in the last year in a half? very upset and was a nightmare getting the first pair that broke replaced. My husband bought them as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I did contact your corporate office and got them replaced. Two weeks ago I was just sitting around and some one said what do you have in your ear? Well I had one hoop and the other hoop had broken off and left the wire that hold them together in my ear!! I have short hair so it was very noticeable. Come on twice in two years, my husband bought be a gold chain last Christmas from Macy's and both earrings and necklace were expensive, this shouldn't happen. I hate to return them because it was such a hassle with the last ones. Maybe shop elsewhere next time.

Comment (0)

I placed an order online provided all my details. Next day I reached an email saying to call to verify my identity. Because they called another number that I have no clue who they were or what number it was. So I did then she cancels my order stating that I'm not giving her my correct telephone number. Then I place the order over the phone. The rep. asked if I wanted to complete a survey. I said oh yes I'm very unhappy. Instead of transferring me to the survey she hanged up on me. My gift will not arrive on time. And they were extremely unprofessional. Will not do business with Macy's online or over the phone ever again.

Comment (0)

To get 25% discount, I had to fill out 25 minutes of info at the register In Lennox square. Atlanta, GA because my account had not been used in 3 1/2 years. I set up account with online billing; supplying them my email and all other info. This was 07/08/2015. I did not get back to my home in Florida until 8/5/2015. I had tried while in Atlanta in July and again when I got home to pay the account online. Account said closed and had my old card number in it with a zero balance. I received tons of promotional stuff in my email account during July and August, but still no billing statements online as I requested.

I had to go out of town 08/06/15 and returned 08/24/2015. I finally checked my snail-mail when I returned. I had a new card from Macy's and 2 billing statements via mail. 1st one had a due date to be paid by 08/09/2015 or 31 days after I originally made the charge on 07/08/2015. The 2nd one with 09/09/2015 due date had a $25.00 late fee added into my unpaid balance. I still tried to straighten out online, No luck. I tried to add new card after I got it in mail online. Still no luck. Macy's online customer service is truly illogical and completely NOT user-friendly, but basically just DOES NOT WORK. I finally got in touch and paid account via phone on 08/29/2015.

I finally got to Citibank screen, answered 4 security questions only to have screen refuse to add my new account number. Sorry we could not process this. There is even a message of the 6 endless messages via phone that says that if you are called about online problems, call 4 I believe. I called today 08/31/2015 and cancelled card after trying to add my new card repeatedly. They did NOT refund my late fee which was caused by their inability to provide what I signed up for. I have wasted 3 hours of my life and had one of the most frustrating and worst online experiences EVER! All for $25.16 discount upon which I had to pay $25.00 late fees. So $.16 ahead, but 3 hours wasted.

Thanks, Macys. NOTE: fire the guy that approved your new online software for he is truly incompetent if he let that mess be implemented!

Comment (0)

You cancelled Donald Trump's contracts(?) because of what he said concerning illegal immigrants. Since i believe that the United States should protect it's borders, I do not wish to do any more business with you. Shame on you. Freedom of speech means nothing to you?

Comment (0)

I would just like to tell you that I feel Macy's has gone down hill. It use to be a store of pride. Every time I come to your store it looks like a tornado hit it. When I go in to a Kohls, Target or even Walmart. Their stores are always so neat. It's like you just don't care what your store looks like and me being a customer. I find it awful that Macy's has gone down hill so fast. I get great customer service and I love your coupons. But I would like to see you take more pride in Macy's and hire more to keep it neater so when I walk in I can find what I want and not have to look through a mess of clothes that have been thrown around or just fell on the floor on the racks. Oh My God it is so bad the clothes on the floor.

Comment (0)

I recently purchased a sectional for $3000+ from Macy's. I was shocked when the sales person told me the delivery fee was $200 and of course they don't post those charges by the sale price. Most reputable furniture companies would waive the fee given the amount purchased. Today, I called to order one additional armless section and they wanted to charge me another $100 to delivery it. No thanks. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Comment (0)

I place an order online, and when i got the items at home i noticed that the item was defected so i call macy's customer service again, when i first place the order the item was 25% off discount, and i asked for them to honor the price that i payed the first time, it was not my fault that the item came defected from the wear-house, I waited for like 20 minutes to speak to a manger, I basically got no help from the first person, or anyone and it seemed almost like everyone I talked to was reading from a script. Speaking with the manager was the worst experience ever, she was very nasty and rude and ended up hanging up the phone. Macy's need to do something about their customer service help phone number.

Comment (0)

On 5/24/14 at Macy’s Fashion Valley San Diego I purchased clothing. The customer service staff asked my cousin—who came with us— to open a Macy’s card and put it on our purchase so we could get a discount. AND at the same time we paid cash $206.36 (total of our purchase after discount therefore in the Macy’s original receipt trans ID 544-0058-0062 dated 5/21/14 it showed my cousin's Macy’s Card while we actually paid $206.36 cash.

I purchased YM’s Levis for our son and the Macy’s customer service staff assured me that if I had got back to Australia and found that it was not his size, I needed to hold on to the original receipt and the YM’s Levis to be able to get an exchange or refund when my family/ I are in USA again.

On 3/18/2015 my daughter was in New York and took the original receipt and the YM’s levis jeans in the original condition to Macy’s Herald Square New York to exchange a larger size but the Macy’s staff refused to exchange but insisted to refund the cost back into the Macy’s card of my cousin despite the fact that my daughter told the Macy’s Herald Square New York’s staff that we paid cash on the date of purchase and also the Macy’s Card xxxxxx2120 of my cousin was cancelled. However, Macy’s Herald Square New York’s staff told my daughter to give our contact details and wait for Macy’s credit department to contact us.

Until today 5/4/2015 it has been over 2 month since my daughter has returned the YM’s levis jean in the original condition with the original receipt to Macy’s Herald Square New York, but I have not received any response nor a refund from Macy’s credit department. I tried to send several emails to Macy's customer services, but received no response whatsoever. This is absolutely unfair!!

Comment (2)

Two stores that are close to me no longer carry petite sportswear. Please put petite sportswear back in the Chesapeake Square Mall store and the Hampton Towne Center Store. I now have to drive to the Patrick Henry Mall store which is in an area that is very congested.

What was the reason for taking the petite dept. from those stores??? It is discriminating !

Comment (3)

I am writing to complain about your Chicago store, most specifically the Water Tower Place, Michigan Avenue location (however the State Street Store is an veritable abomination, too). I blame Macy's, almost single-handedly, for the degradation of Michigan Avenue, once appropriately termed the "Magnificent Mile." Has top management failed to experience this store on weekends?

The blasting of hip-hop music, first floor, and the wild carnival atmosphere creates nothing more than a low-brow (dare I say "ghetto") magnate, drawing the most out-of-control, raucous, nasty-looking assortment of people. Is Macy's really shooting for the low, low end of the retail spectrum? What a pathetically sad turn of events for Chicago!

Everybody I know who lives in the neighborhood and shops in the area won't go near Macy's. You have successfully alienated us. The Water Tower Place Mall has been nicknamed "Trash Mall." How unfortunate for this city and for the community at large!

Comment (1)

I am writing to express frustration at the customer service at the Macy's store in Cottonwood, Utah. I had gone today to purchase 2 pairs of shoes. I waited several minutes in the shoe area without any acknowledgement, even though 2 associates walked directly past me. I, consequently, went to the POS in men's furnishing to see if someone might assist me there. The associate there said that he could not help in shoes. I went to another POS. Same story.

So I went back to the POS in shoes. I waited for another 10 minutes. The associate there walked past me 4 times, but didn't make eye contact, didn't say she would be with me, didn't say that she was assisting another customer. In the meantime, another customer came up to the POS, and she finally, in exasperation, left without making her purchase. I waited 10 more minutes and saw at least 3 POS areas with associates doing absolutely nothing but looking bored.

Finally, another associate came from the back room in shoes. However, rather than asking who was next or in line, she proceeded to another customer. I resorted to being rude and said that I had been waiting for over 30 minutes. To her credit, this associate apologized and helped me. She apologized again and thanked me, but - trust me - I was not a happy customer.

It would seem to me (especially in a low volume store) that cross-training or employee courtesy would be the norm. I can also tell you that there were at least as many associates in the store as there were customers from my observation. As a side note, I managed a staff of 575 FTEs prior to my retirement, and they were well-versed in customer service. They all knew to acknowledge customers, apologize if they couldn't respond immediately, and when to call for back-up.

Comment (0)

4/20/2015 , I ordered a $115 dollar fragrance from your Mother's Day fragrance catalog. I was expecting to receive a Tote Bag #1936098 as stated in the catalog (any women's fragrance purchase of $85 or more receive the Tote Bag). I was sent an expired coupon with the dates WED, Nov12- Thurs, Jan1,2015 to take 20% off of various items. I was very disappointed and dishearten with my online order.

Comment (0)

I was shopping for a gift for my friend's son in the children's department. It was Friends and Family day, but I had forgotten my flyer at home. When we walked into the store, we asked a salesman at the front of the store whether they were giving the F&F discount even if you didn't bring a flyer. We went up to the department. It took quite a while to find his size, but when I did I went to the register and there was nobody there. My husband found the 3 women who had previously been at the register chatting it up in the other dept. He asked whether they worked at the store, and they reluctantly said, "yes." Lisa, the girl who finally meandered over to the register as slowly as her legs could carry her, said she had no flyers. I asked her name, and she told me with a bored expression on her face. What kind of customer service is that? They're more helpful at TJ Maxx.

Comment (0)

I purchased 4 pairs of boots from Macys.com in December 2014, and used my Macy's credit card for the purchase. In January, I returned 2 pairs and was sent gift cards as a form of reimbursement. After calling numerous times to have the credit converted to my original form of payment (Macy's credit card) I still have not received credit.

Today (April 23, 2015) marks the third attempt, and I was told to expect a credit within 10-15 day (THIRD TIME). This experience has been the WORST ever! Today I spoke with Ron who is a senior specialist in the Philippines for Macys.com and was very nice on the phone; however, he was not able to contact anyone in the "back line department" to assure me this matter would be handled today. He was not even able to contact his superior and make them aware of the situation. It is a sad day when losing a good customer doesn't seem to be a big deal..... NO MORE MACY'S!!!

Comment (0)

I made an error, and didn't make my monthly payment this month (and even though I have a due date, the month is not even out). I have been receiving numerous phone calls about my payment not being made. I really don't appreciate the harassment that I am receiving. It is my responsibility to make sure that my monthly bills are paid, but being harassed like this is very annoying. The way I am being harassed, you would think I owe thousands of dollars. Can you rectify this situation on how your staff handles these types of situations.

Comment (0)

I have two complaints. I think it is unfair NOT to give a person 20 per cent off just because one lives debt free and chooses not to get a Macy's credit card. Why is that? Also - And I know employees asked me to say something - at the Lloyd Center location - the paper towels have been removed from the ladies' restrooms and hand dryers have been installed. Most people would like paper towels put back - two huge reasons for this - - most people like to turn off faucets and open the doors with a paper towel (hygiene reasons) AND hand dryers are a huge source of spreading germs - and this can be confirmed by the numerous medical research articles! I hope some satisfaction will be given to me regarding both of these issues. On the positive side - your employees are friendly!

Comment (0)

I placed an online order with you guys while the promotion was going on. The first time the company I bought from was Estée with the free items. I bought it online but what I received were only products I bought and didn't include my free gifts. That experience was okay because when I called you guys and you said you'll ship it to me and I was happy with that. But then again I bought more items from you guys during a promotion but this time is from Clinque. I was told if I spent a certain amount I get my free gifts but I never received it. I called customer service and was told the free items are limited to supply so as soon as it runs out, you don't give it to customers anymore. Let me just say, that is a scam! A huge scam! Cause when I went on the website your promotion was still going on. Why is that? I will never be buying for this department ever again. This is by far the worst experience I've ever had! I wanted to return all my items but since your recipt says you gave me free items which I NEVER RECEIVED! I called many times to get help and went to the Macy depart itself and all your associates has a attitude and was very disrespectful. The lady on the phone told me when you got the free item in stock I would receive a email confirmation saying its shipped. It's been weeks and I still haven't received anything. I am very disappointed in your whole department and crew. Will not be returning!

Comment (0)

On 7 April I purchased a Lauren dress 889041413488 for $159.26. I received a 10 percent discount for being a visitor. The receipt no is R5097466011116847103.
I paid using my prepaid MasterCard. Two days later when I checked my balance online I noticed that I had been charged twice. I have tried to call but always closed - says Eastern standard time. You should have enough information to rectify this as a matter of urgency. I am leaving Hawaii on Saturday night and still have gifts to buy. I have my US mobile off most of the time but if you email me I will switch on. This was unprofessional and needs to be rectified immediately please.

Comment (0)

About a month ago i applied for a Macys card and i was denied. A week or so later i received a letter stating i was denied for an old delinquent account. So I decided to check my credit report to see if I had an account on there. Which nothing showed up for macys. Over the last three days I have contacted your company to figure out what’s going on and where this other account is coming from. I had no luck with no one in the credit department or in your general customer care. So today 4/8/15 I decided to do an online chat with your company for assistance. That got me nowhere. I do not feel that none of your agents were there to assist me, nor were they concerned about what my issue was. I am rebuilding my credit and if I have some account that I am unaware of I think your company should be able to assist me.

Comment (1)

I have wanted to express this for a long time. I am about 5 min. from Southdale Center in Minneapolis,MN I go to your Macy's store located there. I can only wear Petite clothing. I go to your store frequently and I am constantly upset with your Petite Department for women. This department does not carry current, up to date fashion for women my size. Also, the clothing is not of high quality. I have seen this department move around from its own store to now a small area. If I ever want to find anything in this department, it is totally impossible. First of all it is a mess. There are always racks of clothing in total disarray. Who wants to shop in this department when it is not only a mess but the quality of clothing is very, very cheap. Don't you understand that there are those of us who want higher end petite clothing and also more fashionable clothing? The petite clothing that you carry is for women who probably don't care who they are or what age they are. BUT, there are many of us who do care. I finally mentioned my concerns to a salesperson - who I ran into. She was kind enough to listen to me. It's amazing I saw a salesperson in Macy's - there are very few and the shopper has to find them. Customer service does not exist in Macy's anymore. It is absolutely disgusting.

I frequently order home items and clothing on line. I am able to return things that I do not want to this Macy's. But when I return items to the store, the clerks rarely want to help with returns. Many of them say that I am to take the items back to the specific department where they are in the store. This defeats the convenience of ordering on line if you have to face this barrier when making returns in person. I would truly hope that you send me an email back. At least I would know that someone read this.

Comment (0)

I order a pair of of Slyle&Co Miloe Black dress shoes size 7M , I received 2 left shoes instead of a correct pair of shoes (right and left). This has happen numerous of times. I called and informed the young lady about it, she apologize about it and said she would reshipped another of the same pair of shoes. I notice in one of the shoe their is a label price of $29.50, and I paid $38.26 for this shoe, why is that? After all of the inconvenience of getting 2 left shoes and gas burning to the UPS store to delivered package, I should received some kind of discount or some kind of compensate. Please respond soon regarding this complaint.

Comment (0)

I purchase a Phillips Norelco Aquatec razor and have never received my rebate. I had also purchased a Black and Decker coffe pot on another shopping trip. Both were purchased before Christmas 2014. I called the rebate center and finally got the rebate for the coffee pot on Friday. The person on the phone said it was put in the system wrong and had the wrong address. I ask about both rebates but only received the one for coffe pot. I have a Macy's Credit Card so you can verify the purchase of the razor. I sent both rebate offers on the same day. Please process my rebate for the razor and send asap. This is very inconvenient for me first calling and now sending this email. My address is 2733 South 140th East Ave, Tulsa, OK. 74134. Both were purchased at the Macy's at Woodland Hills Mall, Tulsa, OK

Comment (1)

I enjoy shopping at Macy"s in Savannah. I don't shop often, but when I do, It so HOT upstairs, in the women's department. I refuse to try on the clothes there. I ask the sales person, about the air, they don't seem to know. I can shop any other store in the mall and it is so comfortable and cool. It should be like that in your store. PLEASE GET AIR CONDITIONING AT YOUR STORE!!! Someone is going to pass out. :{

Comment (3)

On Sunday March 29th I returned to Macy's with my cousin to exchange some products we had received from Lancôme. I went to Lancôme the night before for my make-up it was my birthday. It took forever for someone from Fashion Fair to help me. Actually the young lady at the time did not assist me, but the young lady from Lancôme did. I enjoyed my make-up more then I do Mac so I looked forward to spending a lot of money with Lancôme. However, I wanted to exchange one of my purchases for two gloss's instead of the eye lash primer. My cousin wanted to exchange her stuff the red lip stick I brought she loved. We went over to the counter and no one was there. We stood there for 10 min and then I asked a young lady from Este de lauder to help me and she said sure but decided to start on a customer make-up. Yes! This is after I had already asked for help.

We continued to set for 10min. I asked the lady older ( white women with a ponytail who where glass's) for help and she stated " it's only two of them and someone will be there when they can." I stated " isn't it policy for the counter to be worked over doing a face.? She stated no! Then proceeded to assist other people who walked up. At this time we had been in this store now over 20mins with no help but a lot of attitude. I noticed that on that Sat 03/28/2015 the same booth's had issues with assisting Lancôme and fashion fair. However I called corporate and they got a sup visor over to help us after 40 mins of being there. At point I was disappointed in the service I had been given and made the choice to just get my money back.

spend good money with Macy NOT TO MENTION MY MOTHER Karen White IS CARD HOLDER AND WE SHOP often with you all. I expressed to the supervisor I was unhappy and she didn't offer anything for our inconveniences. I shop at Macy's and Nordstrom mainly for the customer service. If I wanted half service I would shop at the local Rainbow. I expect more that is why I pay more to shop at your store. River oaks in my mind only acted in such a way because we were young African American girls. Whom they assume didn't have much money. Whatever they thoughts were, there actions were unprofessional and very offensive.

Comment (0)

I called your store in Troy Mi. Somerset collection and had to call twice to get someone to answer which was FINALLY the operator which trafered me to the Toddlers department to have them check to see if they had a couple of outfits in store from the Mudd Pie Co.,that I may purchase for my granddaughters birthday , the sales associate put me on hold and never did come back to take my call. Mudd Pie Co., is rather pricey for childern clothing and the sales people obviously don't care if they make a sale for your company or not. They have the same things I want on Amazon.com but I was going to come into your store to purchase them . Money lost to Macy's is all I can say. Not real excited to go back and shop at your store ,the sales associates are not the most helpful ... Either in the store on on the phone

Comment (0)

Any stars would be too good of service for this group. The service has been atrocious. I have been trying to pay them since December. it has been a disaster to say the least. They keep sending back my cheques- one a valid reason but the other was not. Everytime they add $25 charge. If you are from Canada they are not easy to deal with as the bills come late, you cant pay except by cheque and then if they DECIDE they can't match it down to the penny or really they cant read, they send it back and add another $25. Canadians beware before you get a Macy's account. I REALLY REALLY urge you not too as they do not have a user friendly payment system.

Comment (0)

I was charged 3 times for the same purchase at Lenox Mall .When I saw the receipt in the Internet I tried to contact Macys customer service,and I have being trying to call them over 2 hours. When I got an answer, they put me on hold and hanged the phone. Tomorrow I will try the store.

Comment (0)

I wanted to purchase a handbag, there was no at the register nearest the display. I went a counter and asked if the clerk could check me out, she said "I don't have any bags large enough try over there" directing me to another counter, at that counter, I was again directed to go to another counter. I then told the clerk that I did not believe that I as the customer should have to wander around the store to find a place to pay for a purchase. That clerk did check my out. I find this level of customer service to be unworthy of Macy's, perhaps at WalMart.

Comment (0)

On March 12,2015, I had a delivery scheduled for 930-1130 to have a mattress and box spring delivered and the removal of the old one. I had received a call confirming the date and time window. I had to arrange someone to be here since I was not going to be since I had made plans prior to placing my order. No less than 24 hours before the delivery was to take place, I received yet another call confirming date and time, only this time the time was changed(without my knowledge) to 330-530 in the afternoon.

I called the customer service number and explain the situation and at that time the representative said that maybe I should make other arrangements since there was nothing she could do. My husband left work 2 hours early on the delivery day which was a real inconvenience. I returned home on that day around 430 and asked him if he checked the website to see when it was going to be here and the time window had been changed yet again. I became upset and called into the customer service line and they had disconnected me three times without an answer. The issue had not been resolved. I went to the macys furniture where I then proceeded to cancel my order and I went elsewhere to get what I needed.

Your company lost a sale because of rudeness and disregard of informing customers when times have to be changed and I also know that our order wasn't the only one cancelled that day for the same thing because your manager at the store had told us. We are looking to purchase around 4000.00 dollars worth of furniture but I believe we are looking elsewhere when previously we were coming to your store. I would never recommend your furniture to store to any of my family or friends because of the way I was treated. If people can't deal with the public maybe they should look elsewhere. Your company allowing this to continue makes you look incompetent. I hope the issue gets fixed.

Comment (0)

Purchased a complete Queen size mattress set on 3/31/14.I called Macy's to complain that the box springs were broken. They sent someone out and told me the bed was defective. I spoke to someone at the warranty company, they told me they would replace it with one that was comparable to the one I had. The I get a letter stating that they do not have that they can replace my old one with. So now they want to give me credit foe my damaged mattress before I can get a new one, or purchase a new one and when the pick up the damaged one, they will the give me credit back to my Visa card. This is not good customer service. If they come get the bad mattress before I get another one, I will have to sleep on the floor. I am willing to purchase another one at a slightly higher price, and just pay the difference, but they won't even do that. They can come get the bed, I will shop someplace else. This is very, very , very bad customer service. I will never buy another thing from Macy's. I would like for someone who knows what they are talking about to call me.

Comment (0)

After placing an order on macy.com (70$ worth of merch.) I received an email notification my order was in process. Then two hours later I received another notice telling me my order could not be processed and was cancelled and I needed to contact their consumer protection department. I called the number, thinking there was something wrong with my card. I separately checked my card status in preparation for the call and everything was fine. The call started with the operator on mute, once she figured this out, she couldn't get into her system. I had to give her my order number two times.

She told me there was an issue with my card and the address I gave on my order - she couldn't tell me what the issue was but that I needed to call my bank and check my personal information and then call them back. So I asked, "Do you want me to have my bank call you?" and she said no, I just needed to call the bank and check my information and then give Macy a call back. Well I already knew my information was current - which I told her - and she said I needed to just check and then call Macys again and verify then my order will ship. I told her, this would be a lot of trouble when I already know my information is accurate. In the end, I told the operator this isn't worth my time and cancelled my order.

Comment (0)

There has been a billing mistake on my account, they keep adding for charges 40 calls to them, get people in other countries, cannot understand them calls every 3 hours from their credit department . I am going to close my account. Something is very wrong with their way of doing business

Comment (0)

I bought a pair of ALFANI dress shoes a few months back. I wore it for couple of times in the office and I notice that the top of the left shoe start tearing apart. I normally wear a walking shoes to work and change to the dress shoes in the office. The shoe is in like brand new and never wear it outside of the office. This is my first time purchasing an ALFANI shoes from Macys and its a very disappointing experience for me. To my understanding, ALFANI is a MACY's brand. I just wanted to let MACY's management know about the quality of their product and urge you to perform a better quality control before putting it out to the consumers.

Comment (0)

I'm writing because i bought of style company mid ankle boots cranberry colored on february 2 2013.. its been 2 months today and the inside of the boots fur insole has worn out already. I'm very surprised that this quality of these boots have worn out. I normally bug uggs bc at least they last. I was very upset that these boots are garbage now. I can feel the cardboard in the heel area already. And the boots retailed atatat 55 dollars. I believe that i should be refunded for this product bc the quality is to the pitts. I was so mad that they would charge this price and they dont even last. I hope to hear back from someone.

Comment (0)

on jan. 15,2013 my sister and i were in macy’s department store located in the city of adventura 19535 biscayne blvd, store tn nbr 305-682-3300. we were visiting the store because i was looking for a white purse. however, i found none to my liking. we were browsing like most customers do, just enjoying a girls day out together. i rarely shop at adventura mall.

but, we had went to the movie theatre located in the mall so we visited several stores in the mall. while in macy’s we visited the bedding section, the purse department, the perfume counters, and the shoe department. while in the perfume department a caucasian gentleman in a blue suit walked by and greeted my sister and i by saying hello ladies and we greeted him back. i thought to myself how friendly he is since no other worker in the store had paid much attention to us.

while in the shoe department i was waiting for the nice salesman to bring a pair of shoes in my size when a black female officer with a bullet proof vest came and stood next to where i was sitting talking on her radio. my sister said she was looking at my bags sitting next to me. i had been to bath and body works and i had a tote bag with the few items i had purchased. after talking on her radio for a few moments she left. i purchased my shoes and my sister and i left the store, the mall closes at 9:30 pm.

my store receipt for my purchase was 10127390 0136 9:26 pm 1/15/2013. as my sister and i left the store we began to discuss what had just occurred inside macy’s department store. we came to the conculsion we had just experienced racial profiling at macy’s department store in adventura. however, what was so perflexing is the question why? why were we selected to be store criminals? what had we done wrong during our store visit to have a worker call the outside police to come stand and check us out? was it the nice gentleman in the blue suit who greeted us with how are you doing ladies?

did we look like thieves to him? are customers with open bags being targeted at macy’s department store? is this part of some homeland security measure? was it because of the way i was dressed? or was it because i was a black african american with an open bag? whatever the reason it was a shameful act that was committed during my visit at macy’s department store in adventura mall in adventura fl. it is shameful that a 58 year old black female african american can not shop at a store like macy’s without being racially profiled. i would rate my store visit as a -100.

i was enjoying my store visit until this incident occurred. all the sales people i encountered were very kind and attentive. i am not sure if i will shop at this store location any more. i know i will not recommend macy’s in advenura mall for others to shop at . this incident saddened me to the point of tears because it made me stop and think how trayvon martin must have felt when he was being followed when coming home from a convience store. where does the racisim in our society stop?

Comment (0)

I am unable to go to Portland to do my Christmas shopping. Asking my daughter to do my shopping, I requested she go to Macy's to pick up a gift for me for one of my grandsons. She found what I had wanted to get for him, she then was looking around for more ideas. We she was finished she proceeded to the register, the person waiting on her told her that the price of the jacket was $20.00 higher than was advertised. She told the gal that the sign above the coat rack said 79.00 not 99.00. She was then told that sale was only good until 1:00. As she saw no sign to indicate this, she was upset. I understand this time of year your company is dealing with new employees and the Christmas rush, but this is no excuse for bad business practices. Many stores would have honored this mistake, one negative thing.takes 20 things done correct to make it right. You have lost a potentially good customer. We went to another store found a better quality jacket for less money, and is what my grandson wanted, your loss. Will never shop at your store, and will tell family and friends about your rude store!

Comment (0)

Being a Caucasian male (27) I've been a long time shopper at Macy's. Today I went to make a return and when I proceeded to the check-out counter, the sales associate, an older black woman (I would use the term "African American" however I don't know if she is from Africa or of African Decent) anyways, she was laughing and striking up a conversation with the Hispanic male in front of me. As soon as she cheerfully thanked the male and said, "Goodbye", I was next. Her smile immediately dropped. She didn't greet me, I politely said, "Hi, I have a return" and she didn't make eye contact or look at me. She rudely grabbed my receipt and asked me, "Why are you returning this?" I replied, "I have something similar and didn't realize it." she proceeded with the return and printed out my receipt. I then had the empty plastic bag that I carried the item in and politely asked her if I could hand it to her to be thrown out. She sucked her teeth and gave me a dirty look. Clearly it wasn't because she was having a bad day, because before she had cheerfully carried on a conversation with the customer before me. Was it because she had something against Caucasians? Who knows, I don't want to pull out a race card, as much as "non Caucasians" do when it comes to similar situations. Anyways, I will never spend a penny in that store or any Macy's for that matter. I will tell my family and friends not to shop there anymore. As a long time Macy's customer, I or anyone else should not be treated with such disrespect. - Dissatisfied customer

Comment (0)

Thanks For Sharing, uhhhh yeah. Please explain to your staff what the Thanks For Sharing thing is, because after it was 'splainded to my wife and I, we had absolutely no idea what this Thanks For Sharing is. Macy's has swandived in many ways. The Thanks For Sharing thing really needs to be explained in detail to your staff exactly what it is. I still don't understand what Thanks For Sharing is was or is supposed to be. All I know is it took a good 20 minutes to buy some stuff on sale, with no one else waiting in line. Macy's might want to send a well experienced headhunter to Southland Mall in Taylor, Michigan and light a fire under some lames. Is anyone in charge of the cleanliness of the store either? Macy's at Southland could be top notch if someone got in there and applied some firm direction. It looks like JC Pennyless in there. The thing is I still will shop there, but we want some class and a level of intelligence applied like Macy's is supposed to be. Thanks, I thought I'd share.

Comment (0)

just left your ocala fl. store and had a major problem at the jewelry counter as the item was priced at $399 but it rang up at $599 at the register. why would this be if the item on display was clearly marked at $399? the associate amerlia rang the mgr. julie, and she said show him the sale catalog! which was get him on his way i am not dealing with it. if an item is priced in your case at $399 that should be the price! i believe the store mgr is named bobby, i would appreciate a resolution from your ocala store. we have shopped at macys for years and this is not acceptable. thank you in advance.

Comment (0)

I just found out that I was two months behind on my Macy's credit card. I have been a customer since 2006 and never once been late; mostly because my wife and I pay our credit cards at the same time and we always ask each other "did you make your Macys payment"? My wife and I always pay at least 10-15 days early. Now, all of a sudden Im two months behind...... I can't remember if I got a payment notification in my email or not because I always delete it once I receive it, but I'm 100 percent positive that I paid it because I have programmed myself to pay it on the first of every month even though my payment isn't due until the 15th.

I believe that their website is selectively picking accounts; especially ones that have excellent status because those are the ones that make them the least amount of money. Im a 35 yr old male in great physical health and my IQ is 116; and I'm on top of my responsibilities especially with my wife as my backup. Now, what I must do is call the collection agency later today and hopefully get them to reverse the charges and then call Macys back and have them reverse my interest rate, because they will have now increased my APR because of these fraudulent/mysterious late payments. and I did have the lowest APR.

Someone else wrote that Macy's collection agency was calling them, but upon answering there was nobody on the other end; this too happened to me. Something in my stomach tells me that there is more to this then meets the eye. no pun intended (TRANSFORMERS) If I don't receive any cooperation then I will contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint. I will then pay off my remanning balance and never use their services again. but i will not close the account, because I still have a large line of credit and don't want to lose that in case there is a life or death emergency but for no other reason will I use it.

So, in return they will no longer make interest from me, but I will not lose my large line of credit..... I win and they lose...... game over!!!!!!!

Comment (0)

Our mattress we purchased from Macys started sinking so we called for an inspection. Macy's Inspector came out to 33080 Brockway St. Union City, CA 94587. Macy's told us they would give us $425.45 toward a new mattress. We purchased a new mattress with credit card in May and the total amount for delivery and taxes totaled to $834.20. $70.00 delivery fee was waived as Macy's had to pick up our old mattress when they delivered the new one. That never happened either. We received a statement from Macys showing 0 balance. I mailed a copy of this 0 balance bill & letter to Macy"s asking them to explain, not a word about it but another bill was sent to me totaling $1119.74. I called Macy's CS several times and each time I was transferred from one department to another. I want to take care of this as soon as possible however I don't want to spend all day on the phone with all these people from different departments who have no answers.I need to know if the $834.20 was paid or not. I am 69 years old and I am an excellent customer of Macy's. Please check. I also have an excellent credit report so I don't appreciate Macy's creditors calling me and getting smart with me on the phone about not paying my bill. Each time I called Macy's CS I am questioned about the different name on my account. (Annie Spewell I believe) I am tired of talking about this name every time I call. Their tone sounds like they are accusing me of something. My account is so confusing and no one can give me an answer.

My request is that someone Please review my account and get back to me in a letter explaining in full and put an end to this mess. One CS accused me of receiving the check of $425.45. When I told her I had not & would not discuss it anymore, to put a trace on the check to see if I had received it, she said she would put a trace on it and get back to me. She has had more than enough time to get back to me. I have not heard anything. Hopefully Macy's CS has all the notes of discussions we have had. I am still waiting for the $425.46 check. I know I owe for the other items on my bill but I don't feel I owe a late charge. This is a small problem that turned too big and taking up too much time.
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to read my concern and taking action.

Ida Goodspeed
Account # 45-068-439-403-1
Ph: 510.487.2166

Comment (0)

Macy's Location- Fulton Street, Bklyn New York. Date-9/6/11. Time -4-5pm after work.I went in the sleepwear dept while looking for nightgowns i became uncomfortable as if some is watching me.I looked ahead and there a macy's worker looking directly at me.I Kept looking for my nightgown, then i went to ladies dept when i turned around there's the worker again. I felt extremely uncomfortable so i left as i step on the Macy's escalator guess who, there goes the worker again.

This time she looked me in the face. As i started to leave the store i realized that i must filed a complaint. I went to the six floor at Human Resources Dept and was told to fill out a form and i would hear from Macy's . I requested to speak to a manager i was told that the manager is in a meeting.While sitting down crying i could not help thinking about the amount of money i earned each year that i have to pay back taxes that it didn't matter i was looked upon as a thief. I don't go to the other floors to shop anymore, because of the fear that i being selected out. I only go cosmetic to shop.

Until this day i have never heard from Macy's.Your Human Resources Dept doesn't take your customers complaint seriously. Thank you in advance for reading my complaint.

Comment (0)

My bill shows a late fee that i am disputing. i tried to phone someone in Macy's site to see if I needed to make a payment on a charge i was disputing. First I got a number that I only found out was closed after I had spent 5 minutes trying to go through the system. Then I tried another number and got a girl from the Philippines who was very nice but didn't know anything about anything. Then I tried online but the system was too difficult to navigate. I never want to have anything to do with Macy's again. i still don't have an answer to my question. I feel hopeless about getting it straightened out.

Comment (0)

I purchased something from Macy's store and since they did not have my size, they ordered it for me. The sales rep. said I should call Monday and request an expedite service since I'm leaving the country.

When I did on Monday, the customer rep. did not want to listen to any of the reasons why I need it expedited and just said, there's nothing I can do, it's transferred to the vendor. She did not apologize, or try to be understanding. Obviously it was not her business.

So I spoke to her supervisor. Who was even worse. She judged me for not having a friend who can pick up my mail, obviously I'm a foreign student, new here, I don't have a close friend to pick my mail.

When I said I can not believe I'm being judged by Macy's because I don't have a friend, she said "oh lady, you're making a big mouth out of nothing" or something like that. She actually yelled at me, when she should be apologizing and solving the problem.

I can't believe Macy's has an upper level manager with such low level of customer service knowledge. She was yelling and screaming at me like she was from a tiny little deli.

Comment (0)

I chose Macys as my first stop on my black friday outing. With coupons in hand I started my shopping. My first purchase was 2 pairs of boys pajamas. They were buy 1 get 1 free. At the register I was told none of the 2 newspaper coupons would work nor were the card coupons sent to me by mail. Not happy but purchased them anyway. My next purchase was a pair of ladies boots, needless to say the same thing happened at the register, no coupon worked. This time I asked why and was told of all the exclusions, wow..

My next and last stop was the ladies department were I had several sale items from pants to tops. Off to the register and of course 5 out of 6 items were excluded. I expressed my unhappiness to the sales lady and she responded, yes 80% of the merchandise is excluded and most of her customers so far were irritated as well. This was my short visit to Macys where my sister, daughter and I chose to leave and shop sales elsewhere and use coupons that would work.

Aside from my irritation with your store, I was really mad that I could have started at another store and not wasted my time at Macys. Macy will not be number one next year they may not even be in the top 10.

Comment (0)

Today I went to the Wesfield Sunrise Mall located in Massapequa Park, Long Island New York. I went to look for a specific jacket that the clothing brand "Guess" manufactures that I had purchased from the same Macy's a while ago, upon learning that the company had made the jacket for several years after. After looking in the Petites section where all of the Guess clothing can be found and failing to find that particular jacket, I decided to shop around the store anyway.

I found some really good deals on clothes, had a dress and 2 pairs of jeans I had tried on on the fitting room that I was most definitely buying. After that part of the store I then proceeded to the outerwear and coat section where I found some North Face jackets. My mother, sister and myself happen to adore these jackets and I found one in a beautiful color and it turned out to be on sale! I was so excited. I tried it on and thought it looked perfect. Then I decided to call my Mother to inform her of the great find. I told her about it, and old her how much it was, looked at a color she wanted, then as I was looking through more jackets, while still on the phone, I hear a woman scream out.

I look to the right of me (which means they absolutely indefinitely were aware that I was speaking on the phone) and about 5 feet away from me stand these two older woman(at least 60 years of age probably 70s) staring at me with disgusted faces. I wish that I could send you exactly how they said this to me because when I say it was nasty it was just the nastiest I've been spoken to in my life. They made me feel so uncomfortable, they looked at me as if I had no right to be in the store, that I was a piece of garbage.

I then replied "no??" and my mother was asking what was going on. I then said "now I'm not buying from this store" and proceeded to another employee. The funniest part is, right after they made their nasty remark at me, a couple had asked them for help, but they were ignored. It wasn't until I was walking over with the manager that the couple had to ask, since the two women didn't care to help anyone, or even besides me (I'm guessing this is because of my appearance.. I have red hair..and I am also half Filipino and half German-Irish, 22 years of age..these women were obviously thinking i didn't have money or something) if they needed any help.

Why else was I yelled at like this? Embarrassed and hurt like this? I literally cried because it was so hurtful and sterotypical. These employees should be fired. There is no reason I should have been spoken to like this. Their names which I had gone back into the store to get were, Rosanne and Beth. They can be thanked for losing at least 300$ in sales today.

Comment (0)

I received a $100 giftcard for Christmas. I was looking forward to using it. I spent a lot of time finding my items. I attempted several times to checkout and it wouldn't accept the card. I tried several more times on my PC and also on my iphone. I chatted w/a customer service rep that was no help. I closed out and retried. Same result. Again, I tried to do the chat assistance. Same result. I continued to try and finally was able to get a rep to help me. My total online was $98.xx. I received free shipping. The online Rep informed me that was an online special offer only. Excuse me??? All in all, it took almost 2 hours to place a $98 order. I will NEVER shop at Macy's again. There are too many competitors to shop at. Macy's you have lost my business and I will make sure to mention this crummy experience to everyone I know!

Comment (0)

I made a purchase on 9/3 at your Macy's Miami FL Dadeland store in Miami for 96.30. I called your customer service (305-835-5740) to inquire why in the statement I received shows a balance of $138.03 since when I made the purchase I did not have a pending balance on my account. The lady I was explaining my concerns to, kept interupting me and did not let me explain what was that I was calling for. When I asked for a supervisor or manager she immediately put me on hold.

After waiting for approximately 1/2 hour someone dropped the phone. I believe I have a right to ask when I am being charge more than Im supposed to pay. Please let me know what is the main function of having a Macy's customer service. I thought that it was where a customer can call to ask questions regarding his or her account but Im finding out that instead is the personnel is rude and unhelpful. I would like to know where to call to have my concerns dealt with.

Comment (0)

On November 11, I went to Macy's in Citrus Park to buy a ring. I was helped by Beth Reinig, an excellent agent. I needed to increase credit limit. Because only my home phone number was on file and I had a freeze on my account, it took over forty five minutes to take care of the problem. Monday, November 12, I was called at home, both my land line and my cell phone were checked and I was given an apology and told that my increase as approved. I went back today to finalize the sale only to have to stand there again over forty five minutes because the credit department claimed to have no record of the approval. It was straightened out and I was approved. One of the reasons I went through with the purchase was because of the patience and kindness of Beth Reinig. I have been shopping at Macy's for years and never had a problem.My credit is very good.

Comment (0)

I have had a Macy's account for 2 years now. No problems, no late payments, nothing. I have been ill with the flu for the past five days while being four months pregnant with a 3 year old as well. I have my regular payments due on the 27th. Yesterday,the 30th of December, I received 10 phone calls from a Macy's Representative. No message left, and I failed to answer due to the fact that I had no clue who it was. I finally had my husband call to see who was blowing my phone up from 12 noon til 9pm. It was Macy's.

Then this morning at 9am another call from Macy's. I answer to a woman telling me my account is way past due and I need to make a payment immediately. REALLY? It is 4 days past due. Your calling my all day and night to let me know my account is 4 days past due. Not to mention the balance is only $80.00. Go call someone who hasn't paid their account in months not 4 days. So, furthermore, I will pay off my whopping $80.00 dollars and close my account, that is rediculous.

Comment (2)

My fiance bought my ring a little over a month ago and yesterday we went to go get the ring resized. The jeweler informed us that some stones were missing and chipped. Missing and chipped on a $1400 ring are you kidding me? So I went back to Macys to complain and they told me its after 30 days so they cannot do anything. I kept asking and begging them just reorder the ring in my size with all the correct stones and they said they would have a manager call me today. They still haven't called. This is the ring of my dreams and the happiest time of my life, I bought it at Macys in confidence that it would be perfect. But they have just been rude and uncooperative. At this point i just want my ring in my size...too much to ask for? I dont think so.

Comment (0)

Some time ago I bought a pair of alfani shoes from Macy's , I only have wear them for a few times, they are in almost new condition. Today I took them a to very important party and after a couple of hours at the party, one of my shoes completly separated the upper part from the sole and I had to go out of the party in a hurry and my wife had to go to a store nearby and bought me a new pair of shoes. That is a very weird thing for the brand Alfani and Macy's store.

Comment (0)

I was / used to be a faithful Macy's shopper, buying all of my clothes, husbands clothes, and stepchildren's clothes there, adding up to the thousands over time. I am also 44 years old and have NEVER been late for any payment my entire adult life, even before credit cards became common.

My current method of payment was set up to receive email bills, for the sake of saving more paper for recycling. I unintentionally missed my email statement and forgot about it. Other things going on - working full time, working towards another degree, and working with a lawyer to try to file custody for my stepson. Considering my loyalty to Macy's, you'd think that I would receive a call, an email, something to remind me or warn me - people do have emergencies in life to deal with. Instead, they file my late charge of a month with the credit card bureaus, which surprise - is revealed as I'm making arrangements to close on a loan for land. I called Macy's customer service and spoke with 3 different people but the credit dept refused to remove this from my credit report, regardless of my circumstances. Despite the fact that the total amount was paid immediately upon notice of overdue, they still haven't bothered to notify the credit bureau of payment in full so now 3 months later I'm still showing up as delinquent in payment. All I want is for this unfair act to simply be rectified by removal of my late fee on the credit report.

Comment (0)

I went into your Macy's at Grossmont Center on Friday 01/18/2013 looking for some evening shoes. The sales associate Maryanne showed me two different ones that could possibly match my dress. I ended up purchasing one of the selection that had a goldfish to t,however whe. I got home the shoes did not match and I had to exchange them for the other pair. This is where I encountered your associate Joe.

I explained that I needed to make an exchange and knew the exact shoe I needed, when He brought the shoe out the tag that was on the top was removed. I asked about the tag because it had the price of $ 39.00 due to it being the only size left. The day before I had questioned Maryanne about the tag, someone had returned the shoe and I wondered if there was anything wrong with it ( the tag was a reprinted one on the shoe).

She assured me it was not. Joe immediately became defensive, telling me he had removed the tag, and that was not the price of the shoe ( though I knew what it was, and what I had seen). When I asked why did he remove the tag, he questioned did I want the shoes or not. I told him I knew what the tag said because I was there yesterday, as I had tried on both shoes before choosing the ones I had returned and he said that was a lie because the shoes were too neat in the box.

I just purchased the shoes appalled at the way he spoke to me, however kI know what the note attached to the box stated as well as Maryanne who helped me on the 18th. I've never been treated that way. I haven't wore the shoes and now that I've thought about it I just want to return the item to Macy's. I would rather shop where customer's are treated with more respect . You can guarantee I'll be telling this ordeal to everyone I know.

Comment (0)

I.m a subscriber at mtn celluler i've have had my contract with mtn for a year now. It takes an hour to loc into facebook social networks and the internet in the Rustenburg area. I've already compained twice on uor local newspaper but the service never improved. Mtn is deducting money from my contract but i don't recieve any service. MTN MTN

Comment (0)

I was at Macy's in citrus park mall in Tampa and I was looking for shoes for my mom and daughter for Valentine's Day and I was told by a employee that (we deal with people that have real money ) following that statement I left with my daughter. Just so you know I spend about 2000 every 2 weeks with Mac's and now I get insulted like this with my daughter I would rather take my money else where.

Comment (3)

I was trying to buy a jacket from a Macy store in Lloyd Center, Portland Oregon. There was a clearance sign for 80% off the original price with an extra 20% off but when i went to the counter they only took off 50%. The jacket's original price was 46 dollars after the discount it was 21 dollars. So it was definitely not what it said on the sign. I complained to the sale lady about it but she don't care at all.

Comment (0)

I am living in Boucherville-Quebec-Canada. At the end of November 2014, I bought a blazer and pants from Macy's Vermont as a gift for somebody abroad. Giving it as a gift, surprisingly, the person realized that the security devices have not been removed!!! Bringing it back again to Canada, we tried to unlock it in different shops after showing the receipt but our attempts failed because the system is different! I tried to call Macy's customer service but they didn't help... What would we do now with this inconvenience and this unfortunate situation to give a Christmas present and take it back!!! Waiting for a solution and recompense concerning this displeasing event!!!

Comment (4)

Several weeks ago I took my oldest granddaughter shopping for clothing. Checking out at the register the cashier asked if I’d like to apply for a credit card and receive a 20% discount on my purchase. After taking all of my information and making the application the cashier then informs me that only a portion my purchase would qualify for the discount. Surely I should have been told this in advance and then allowed to make the decision to apply or not. I was not happy abut this.

Again today I went to Macys to shop for clothing for my younger grandchildren. The cashier again asks if I would like to apply for a credit card and receive a 35% discount on my purchase. I told the cashier that I had just applied last week. She said it didn’t matter, I could apply again this week. I recounted the story about my last visit to Macys when I was promised a discount and did not receive my full discount on my entire purchase. She assured me this would not happen and that I would receive a full 35% discount off my entire purchase.

She rang up my purchase, typed in a my personal information and seemed to be having some type of problem. She cleared the register, reentered the information and again came up short of my 35% discount. She then told me I received a 20% discount on my purchase. I said “But you told me I would get a 35% discount.” She then told me that my card was denied so I could only get 20% off the purchase.

Well, Last time I heard a 35% discount is exactly that. Now if 15% of that discount is dependent upon approval of the credit card, I should be told that up front. I don’t know if this is a deceptive practice by Macys or if the cashier chose this on her own. I feel like I was deceived on both occasion and that I was cheated out of my discount. I am a loyal Macys customer. I believe in honesty and I expect your company to be honest with me. I am reassuring myself that you will find a way to rectify this situation. You are more than welcome to contact me.

Comment (2)

My Macy’s credit card bill is due on May 26 but I paid my credit card bill online on May 25, 2013. I paid online using my debit card. I tried to make multiple payments but the system wouldn’t allow me to do so. I had to call and talk with a representative to process the second payment. Today I receive my bill in the mail for May which charged me a late fee. My payment for the month of May totalled 75.00. I called and spoke with Andrew Howell. I explained to him what was going on. He put me on hold and checked the system. He informed me that there was a technical problem with the system. My anger is no one took the time to notice this problem before my May bill was sent out to me. How was Andrew Howell able to find out the problem but no did, instead I receive a bill with late fees. Although Andrew Howell fixed the issue this issue could have been avoided way before this disturbing bill was sent to me.

Comment (2)

To whom it may concern, i ordered two mail ordered dresses and was very disappointed with one because i needed my dress to wear right away and unfortunately i got it with the security pin on it, which i couldnt wear anymore to my event, my two dresses was very costly and i think something should be done for you guys mistake and for me not getting to wear the dress i really wanted to. now i have to make another trip to the store to have it taken off. this was a BIG COMPLAIN for me and i am very upset over the entire situation, i love shopping at macys and thats the reason why i went to order the dresses there. please see what you guys can do about this situation and that it doesnt happen again.

Comment (2)

I was told my Macy American Express card could be used both in Macy stores and outside Macy’s .i uses it in 2 places outside Macy’s and everything was okay until I trusted the card so much to leave the the rest home and carry only that around . I tried using it today at the homedepot and was declined. I was embarrassed and had to call the customer service line. All they could tell me after asking a lot of unnecessary questions was that they were sorry because they are having problems with Homedepot and Lowe’s. that was totally misinformation. On the part of homedepot. I advice any one with the Macy’s American Express card to be aware.

Comment (0)

I purchased a jacket from a Macy’s Department Store located at the Walden Galleria in Buffalo, NY. The employee did not remove the electronic plastic security tag from the jacket. Unfortunately, upon leaving the store, the alarm did not go off alerting me of this error. This was my first shopping experience at Macy’s as I am a resident of Toronto, Ontario Canada.

When I was departing later that evening, as I was organizing my purchases at the border, I noticed that the security tag was still present on the jacket. I drove to the nearest Macy’s location only to find it closed for the night. We do not have Macy’s Department Stores in Toronto so I would not be able to have the security tag removed elsewhere. At this point, I was left with no choice but to stay the night in Buffalo so that I could take care of this error the next business day.

As a result of this error on Macy’s part, I was forced to incur additional expenses by having to pay for accommodations, and also lost a days work due to the extended stay. As my first Macy’s shopping experience, I am very disappointed in the turn of events and the major inconvenience this situation has cost me. Your prompt reply regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated on my part.

Comment (1)

I ordered a Waterford comforter, order #927423567 on Macy’s website as a Christmas gift for my mother. I received a message from Macy’s from Macys stating it would be shipped on Dec 21st. This was too late as I would be leaving town on Dec 23rd to go to my parents for the holidays. I phoned Macy’s customer service to try and have the comforter shipped to my parents address. I was told they couldn’t change the shipping address because it had been longer than 60 minutes since I had placed my order even though it hadn’t even been shipped yet. Macy’s customer service advised me to contact UPS. Phoned UPS and changed mailing address to my parents for 5.00. After changing the delivery address to my parents I received a message from UPS the item would not arrive til Dec 27th. I am furious that with an order placed almost 2 weeks before Christmas, Macy’s didnt ship til Dec 20th. Now I have no Christmas gift for my mother on Christmas. Thanks to Macy’s poor customer service and delayed shipping. I will avoid purchasing anything else from Macys in the future.

Comment (0)

I sent in all of the information, and made copies, and got this other rebate facility who Macy’s pawns their rebates to, said my info invalid, and canceled my rebate. Then, I called, and some guy said, oh this was an error, we will send your rebate. I purchased in Aug, with $50 rebate, still don’t have it. I agree, this sounds like a scam. They don’t grant any rebates, unless you call or complain, I am still waiting! I will never buy another product from Macy’s with a rebate attached to it. This is fraudulent in my book!

Comment (1)

On 12-6-12, I ordered a pair of women’s boots from Macy’s in the Hamilton Mall and paid cash for them. The cost was $198.00. After coming home and looking online, I saw that these boots were on a 3 day sale, for $119. I called the store and they said that I simply had to bring my receipt and the difference would be refunded.

I went to the store and was refused the $80 due to me because I did not have the boots in hand and they were ordered. I was told that I must come back when I have the boots in hand. I explained that the sale will be over by then, but the sales girls didn’t care.

I then requested a full refund instead of the price difference, and once again, was refused because I did not have the boots in hand. Does Macy’s give all of their customers this run-around or am I special?

I can tell you that when I do get the boots in hand, I will be receiving a refund instead of the difference between the full price and the sale price. If this is the best that Macy’s can do for their customers, I will NEVER be shopping at Macy’s again. There are too many other business that value my business.

I frankly don’t expect that Macy’s really cares about my little $200 purchase, but all that I can do is to share my experiences with other people.

Comment (0)

On October 15, 2011 I purchased $79 in clothing at a Macy’s store. I was asked if I’d like to get cash back by opening a Macys charge card (American Express) using it for my purchases. I agreed, and signed up for the card. Eight days later, before the ending of the billing cycle, I used my checking account to electronically pay my Macys bill in full. I thought that all was well. I made no further purchases with the card.

On January 16, 2012, out of curiosity, I went online to check my Macys account. It showed a balance due in an amount of over $300. I thought that, perhaps, someone had fraudulently used my card. I called Macys customer service. I was told that my card actually has two account numbers; one for purchases made at a Macys, and the other for purchases made outside of Macys.

I was told that, while my purchase was at a Macys, my payment was applied to the account for non-Macys purchases. Therefore, that account had been accruing late penalties and interest charges. The representative advised that he would remove the late penalties and charges (and advised that I then had a credit balance of $11). Again, I thought that all was well. Several days later, I received, in the mail, a letter from a collections agency, demanding that I pay a Macys bill of $300+. I called the collection agency, and explained what the Macys representative had told me. The representative advised that they would note their files. I asked if a negative report had been sent to the credit reporting agencies.

She said that it had. I had to demand that they reverse the negative report, and, after speaking to a supervisor, the representative said that the report would be reversed, and that it would take up to 30 days for the credit reporting agencies’ records to reflect that. Several days later, I received in the mail a letter confirming that Macys had sent a request to the “national credit reporting agencies” to remove the negative report. Again, I thought that all was well.

Last week, I received in the mail an offer to apply for a Mastercard account. As I plan to travel to Italy, and my only credit card, an American Express card, would not be accepted by most (European) vendors, I was glad to be able to have a credit card that, if I should need it, would be accepted. So I applied. I was rejected, and was told “the reason for the rejection will be mailed to you.”

So, two days ago, I checked my credit report. It shows “negative information,” from, you guessed it, MACYS. (I have never been late or missed any payments in my 60 years; I felt very shocked and distressed.) Today, I called Macys customer service. They said their records do not show the letter they sent to me in January (advising that the negative report would be removed). At first, I was given the same ol’ line: “we will send a letter to the national credit agencies within the next 7-10 days, and then it will take up to 30 days for them to remove the negative report. I asked to speak to a supervisor who said the same thing.

I got quite upset with her and demanded that someone personally take care of it NOW, that I have no confidence that “a letter” would be send, that they have damaged my excellent credit history, and that they owe it to me to closely and personally take care correcting all of their mistakes. The supervisor assured me that, this time, it will be taken care of. NOT going to think that all is well until I again check my credit report, in 30 days, and see that, finally, all is well. Keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

If all is not well, I am going to have my attorney contact them. I will also contact Michael Finney, a consumer reporter for ABC News, Channel 7, in the San Francisco Bay Area, and have him investigate.

Comment (3)

Beware b/c the Macy’s Rebate on macysrebates.com process feels a lot like a scam. At best, it is very annoying and time-wasting. Bought $300 KitchenAid mixer which was running promotion for $30 rebate & subscription to Food & Wine magazine. Sent in completed rebate form, copy of receipt, & original UPC code (cut out of heavyweight cardboard KitchenAid box), all within allotted time frame.

When checking rebate status, rec’d “Invalid UPC” message. Could not get a live person to answer customer svc line (877-829-8584); finally emailed them @ macysrebates@parago.com. They replied that “your UPC code is not valid but we will LET IT GO this time & send your $30 rebate”. I then scanned all documents to them to show evidence that I did in fact qualify for the rebate & did include the proper 12 digit UPC code.

No reply, so I called the # again & pressed “0” repeatedly until Ray answered saying my rebate was being processed at macysrebates.com & that the agent “had done a great job processing it”. I asked about the magazine subscription & he said they would be sending that too. A long drawn-out annoying process which should have been so much easier. Interestingly, Ray never told me that my UPC was wrong, nor did he request the “right” one.

My suggestion: buy from somewhere else, be very wary of rebates, & above all: MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING YOU SEND!!!!!!!!!! Without copies I would have had no evidence to gain what was rightfully mine.

Comment (1)

Last week I received a call from Macys credit card services. The message light was lit on the answering machine but no message. I called the number back from caller id and when I heard someone answer Macys, I realized I forgot to pay $25.00. I called the 800 number and spoke to Kevin in India. He insisted that I give him my bank info so that a payment could be posted that day. I told him I would send it via online banking, but he couldn’t guarantee the late fee would be waived.

The whole transaction took over 15min. because of the language difference and his constant script reading. I then received 3 other calls that day and when I advised them that a payment had been given, I was advised it was pending. What did they want me to do. All this for $25.00 and I have never been late with a payment since 2004.

As soon as the remaining balance is paid, I’m closing the account. The coupons aren’t worth it. I should have just paid through online banking and taken my chanes on getting the late fee removed. Now when I call I contact the store and ask for a call center in the US!!

Comment (11)

I bought a vacuum from Macy’s of Pasadena CA around Christmas time. I was told at the cashier to fill out the form and send it asap. I did. When 2.5 months later I got back to store rebate center in order to get help I do not know why they got upset because they do not want to spend their time on my request. First they blamed on me by saying that I should provide them with 800 number of the company. Then they told me that some number on the form was not properly completed.

Every time they were saying something I was ready with my answers. That was upsetting them more and more because they were trying to get rid of me and they were not succeeding. Eventually after of a couple of times of hanging the phone on me I talked to someone who just terminated our conversation even afterwords by not taking the phone call. I left a message and still there is no any luck. I want to know why Macy’s customer service went so badly.

Why at this point Macy’s CS is bad than Walmart’s and Kmart’s CS. I am a customer of this particular Macy’s for over 25 yrs. What do you think do i want to go back to this store after so much desappointment.

Comment (0)

I was in another state and did not recieve my bill on time because it arrived at my house in Virginia. I was in Oregon. My fiance forwarded the bill to me so that I could pay it. I kept getting non-stop phone calls from Macy’s. Eight a day at least and I was only three days late. The constant phone calls is harrassment by the way! Then, when I called to find out what my January bill amount to be paid was, they kept giving me the run around for an hour, telling me that they were charging me for January and February (It’s not February yet!) and that I needed to pay both in January.

An hour on the phone with people from India that I can’t even understand because it is impossible to hear them! A Macy’s consultant trying to help me but also having a hard time understanding them and a run-around on the phone for an hour all for them to FINALLY tell us what we were asking. How much do I owe for January? Why is Macy’s hiring third parties? They are useless! It was a complete waste of my time! This is not the first time I have had trouble with the third party useless idiots from India! Please hire competent people.

Comment (0)

I know that this isn’t really a place for compliments, but since you review it before you send it in, I’m hoping you could get it to where it should go. I have heard recently about the whole “J. C. Penny’s vs. One Million Moms” debate, and I went to their page and found that they were protesting you for advertising 2 grooms in one of your catalogues. I want to thank you for your idea to include the LGBT community in adds, to show that acceptance and compassion will be tolerated over ignorance and hatred. Times are changing. In the past week, Proposition 8 was repealed, Washington has allowed gay marriage, and Illinois has proposed a bill that will legalize gay marriage there.

To show acceptance for the change that is happening in society is something that I’m truly thankful for.

Comment (0)

I bought the set of mattress from Macy’s furniture over the phone on Dec. 28, 2011. A week later, I got a call to remind me that my mattress was ready for pick-up at Union City. At the warehouse, they gave me the wrong set of mattress. I ordered size full of Simmons, but they gave the a set of Sealy mattress with size queen and the base is size full. I called customer service the same day after I got home. After talking to a couple of customer services, they said they will make the delivery for the correct mattress and pick up the wrong one from my house. The correct mattress charge was $447, but they charged me for $535.30. I called them concerning the $535.30 in my credit card statement.

They told me that they are going to return the extra charge for me. A week later, we waited and waited for the delivery, but there was no delivery show up. I called them, and there is nobody who knows where my mattress is. They transferred me to every where. I talked on the phone from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. It took me a whole day to talk on the phone with them. I finally made my decision that I canceled my ordered. A week later, I saw one more charge of $447 from Macy’s in my credit card statement. I tried to called customer service to report the issue, but there was nobody willing to solve my problem. They kept saying waiting, waiting. I don’t know how long I am going to wait. They charge me close to $1000 and I have no mattress, and nobody can solve my problem.

Comment (0)

Dear Macy’s, I’m writing to you, to inform you off the lack of customer service in your store, located in downtown Brooklyn New York. First i must say the majority of your employee needs…needs proper customer training. My husband & i was visiting from Europe, where my husband is stationed fighting to protect the same country were these ungrateful live and work. I was in the dressing room, my son was in the waiting area, i advised him to direct his dad to the fitting room where i was which was the second room to be precisce. Unpon arriving @ the fitting room area, he told me the attendant was on her phone and didn’t ackonweldge him; he proceed to the room; thats when the very loud Rude sale asst, address him in the most vouglar manner.

She yelled, Sir you can’t go back there!!!….my husband was so hurt, and embarass, i felt so bad. He told me he wanted to leave all our merchandise and go; i told him she was just an employee. Whenever we come to America i would go and shop at Macys becaues thats my favorite store. Not anymore, if you continue to receive such complaint it will not be good for busniess.My whole family shopps macys. By the way we spent over $2000 Thanks for taking my complaint. I would like a response.

Comment (0)

i used to live in LA and i moved to Colorado 9 months ago and now i had received a statement with a balance of over 100 dollars whit a purchase that someone did en LA Glendale(7/11) with my macy’s card while i was living in Colorado all the time with my macy’s card with me, i made my complain about this situation and they send me a new macy’s card and they supposed to start an investigation and i got told that my balance was in 0 again like it suppose to be, that was 4 months ago (7/11) and today i got a call from a collection company that i need to pay this balance (over 100).

when a called macy’s back they told me that the best thing to do is to pay for something that i never bought.

Comment (0)

Yesterday I was shopping at Macy’s. If you opened an account you got a large percent off purchases. I did do this, was not told my crdit card limit and informed I donated $25.00 to THANKS4SHARING. I found this odd. I called a 1800 number and a woman with a thick accent told me my limit was the amount I spent today. $275 + 25 donation. I have three major credit cards with very good credit liimits. Today I drove to the “human Resource” area. At least 5 people told me they rally could NOT explain how credit limits are determined. Change is a constant. And if you cannoy manage change it is time to quit. I paid off my card and I am now working with the FTC to get my unexplained $25 donation.

Macy’s needs to call it quits. By the way, my credit score is well above 700 and carry little if no balances on my other three cards.

Comment (0)

I went to macys to purchase some items using my new credit card, mind you when i received it i asked what was the limit several employees told me the was none. As i proceeded to pay for the items my card was declined. Not only was i embarresed i couldn’t get the items for my child who’s going away to college. When i called customer service and there cooperate office they were very un perfessional. There response was pay the bill and you can use the card. So i took my business else were and will be canceling my card. Macys need to train there employees better.

Comment (0)

As a longtime customer, I erroneously thought that my wife was an authorized buyer on my account but found she was not. So I simply wanted to add her as a buyer. Having contacted Macy’s I was asked the usual questions for security reasons and to ascertain who I was. However, the questions were bizarre in that they pertained to addresses I had never heard of (they asked whether the addresses had any meaning to me). I answered honestly in the negative, never having any knowledge of them. Having completed the inquiry I was told that I “had failed the test…since I didn’t know the right answers..”.

I took offense and stated that they might have me mixed up with someone with the same name on my block (but a different age and social security number no doubt). Ultimately my wife was left off the account as a buyer and she simply went off to a different store to purchase house rugs. A very disheartening experience!

Comment (0)

Macy’s (or caller id MCCS with a 727 area code) has been calling and harassing me for over two weeks by phone. I didn’t even know it was Macy’s at first since whenever I picked up the phone there was dead silence or Muzak. I tried calling back the number as well and it just rang and rang or I got muzak again. I finally got through to a live human being around 7:30 pm eastern time on a Sunday night. It turns out it was Macy’s calling to tell me that I had accidentally underpaid my last bill in the amount of $33.00! The representative, a Mr. John Dale (yeah, right, that’s really his name) had a very heavy accent and was very difficult to understand.

In addition, he couldn’t hear me as the connection was poor so I ended up shouting and hurting my throat. Anyway, he wanted me to pay the missing $33.00 immediately by phone but he wanted to charge me $14.00 to do it. I refused and he seemed like he was going to relent after putting me on hold for awhile but then I decided I didn’t want to pay Macy’s that way as they had treated me (via their Indian call center in New Delhi) so poorly. I agreed to pay it via online banking that night and did so. However, this morning at 8:35 a.m. the calls started again. And again, there was no one on the line.

I even tried calling a local number in Maryland with a 301 area code but that call got transferred to the Indian call center. I did find a number in NYC for Macy’s corporate offices but the mailbox was full and wouldn’t take any more messages. I am fed up with Macy’s and their poor customer service and intend to boycott them and not use my Macy’s card ever again. I wish others experiencing this dissatisfaction with the Indian call center would do the same. Perhaps then we can get Macy’s to change its tune.

Comment (0)

On Sunday I went to Woodbridge Macy store on 7/31 at 3:56 pm. I purchased a black dress with my Macy Black card. I didn’t want to keep the charges on the Macy card so I told the sales clerk I would like to pay for the charges with the debit card. So I placed the debit card in her hand and she in return put the debit card on the counter. I don’t think this a normal business practice with Macy. I am a very valuable member with Macy’s store and I think she needs to be spoken to on her behavior. Here are the two transaction numbers listed below so you can identify the saleperson.

Comment (0)

I am stationed overseas with US Department of State. On 7 July 2011 while on vacation at the town of Clearwater, Fl my wife and my USAA bank debit cards and Ripley Master Card were stolen; immediately the cards were used to make fraudulent charges at the Macy’s East store #832 located in Tampa, FL. One of the charges were for $417.30 on my USAA bank debit card; however, I am still trying to get the statement for the other charges made at the same Macys department store with my other credit card since it is from an overseas bank. I blame Macys for not enforcing their sales associates to very the customer’s identification when making a purchase with a credit or debit card.

I hope that Macys take the necessary corrective actions to protect their customers.

Comment (0)

I’m 67 and don’t want to pay my bills on line. I have not received a bill from Macy’s in three months. Each month they have charged a late fee of $25.00. I have called them emailed them gone on line and typed my complaint asking for my bill. They said they would not remove the late charges and still have not sent the bill to my home. I fell like I’m talking to a wall. I have had a long history with Macy’s and never had a problem, never a late fee, nothing until now. But no one cares. I spoke to someone in India and they said very sorry, pay bill on line in store or over phone. I have recieved an itamized bill/list of purchases and returns from Macy’s for years, why do I have to do things differently now, if I dont’t want to?

Comment (0)

I live in Ottawa, Canada. While on a shopping trip to NYC I opened a Macy’s account on June 5th, 2011. I cannot pay the outstanding balance of $114.35 on my account by mail because Canada is presently experiencing a postal strike. I cannot go on line because the only information I was given were the last four digits of my account being 5950. I spoke to someone at 1-888-431-6229 to get information on my account. Canadians do not freely give out their social insurance numbers and are even advised by the federal government not to do so because of credit card fraud. I am therefore unable to get anywhere. I would like to be able to pay by MasterCard over the phone if possible.

Comment (0)

So confused and the same thing happened to me. Macy’s told me there are no credit guidelines but that if you want something just bring it to the counter and they will try to accommodate your purchase…WTF!!! I tried to spend 180 dollars the other day and was denied in front of a full line mortified since I have had my credit card for 11 years. I didnt use it for a couple of months so they told me the most I could spend was 49.00 WTF. Then I called Macy’s C/S and I was really upset they said they would pull my credit report to see if they could accommodate my purchse I told her NO that will go against my credit score which she agreed and then I told her I may want to just close my account because its not worth having.

Come to find out today after speaking with the Macy’s complaints department the w**** closed my account without my permission. I am livid and not going to stop until I get some kind of compensation for my embarrassement and closing my Macy’s account without my permission.

Comment (0)

I went to Macys after a long day of work, in what I thought would be a fast transaction not a 3 HOUR LONG NIGHTMARE OF CONFUSION, MISLEADING INFORMATION AND NO HELP. The first problem was my thanks for sharing card I was told had no balance. I NEVER EVER USED MY CARD SINCE I RECEIVED IT IN FEBRUARY OR MARCH. I was told the card expired. I said I never heard of a gift card expiring especially one month old or two months the oldest. I had to call the number on the back of the card and try to convince Macy’s manager Natalia N to help me.

I waited 2HOURS. NOONE COULD replace the funds to more card or give me a Macys gift card for the amount of 115.65 so I did not have to wait any longer. After almost 3 hours I was told my card was used at the Beverly Center in LA on April 6, 2011. First my card expired now it was used on another coast. I never even scratch the back of the card which has the 3 number pin. I did not understand why the money could not be place back on my card. Why is it fair I am missing out on Friends and Family because a card no longer has any funds on it which was not my fault.

During the first 2 hours of my MOST HORRIBLE RETAIL, SHOPPING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE another issue arose. Even after the thanks for sharing problem I still proceeded to finish the transaction. Prior to the thanks for sharing the sales associate who was nice and at no fault of his scanned my American Express gift card in the amount of $100. I signed for it and the thanks for sharing transaction became a problem. The sales associate went to ask a manager who told him to void this transaction. He voided the transaction however my American Express gift card was used and in the system as a pending transaction. Not only did I have to call Macys customer service for the thanks for giving problem I now had to call American Express for try to get my funds back.

THIS WAS THE 1ST TWO HOURS. THE MANAGER GAVE ME $100 MACYS CASH IN REPLACE OF THE AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD WHICH CLEARLY IS NOT THE SAME. She did not want to give me a$100 Macys gift card only Macys money. I don’t understand how Macy’s money works. I DO KNOW I WAS SHORT CHANGED. INSTEAD OF RECEIVING 25% OFF $995, I RECEIVED 25% OF 845 which after my other gift card is applied I pay more than if I originally had my AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT. I FELT SO ANGRY, ANNOYED, FRUSTRATED, BETRAYED AND HURT.

I FELT MISLEAD, MISS GUIDED AND LIED TO. I DID NOT WIN ANYTHING I EARNED MY THANKS FOR SHARING AND MY AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT Card was a birthday gift. The only placed I wanted to spend my gift card was Macys. THOSE 3 HOURS MADE ME CRY AND BEGIN TO SEE MACYS DIFFERENTLY. MACYS WAS MY FIRST CREDI T CARD. How is it ok that a customer goes back and forth with American express gift cards and Macy’s gift cards for 3 hours? I FELT SO STUPID AND NOT CARED FOR AS A VALUED CUSTOMER.

I DID NOT FEEL VALUED. I DO BELIEVE THE PROBLEM WAS POSSIBLE OF BEING FIXED. I DID NOT MATTER, MY TIME DID NOT MATTER. The manager said it was not a Herald Square problem. Excuse me all I know is herald square. The biggest store in the world since I was a child how could it not be a herald square problem? I brought the watch still but want to return to it. I don’t feel it’s fair for me to wait and explain the problems 300 times. I DON’T EVEN WANT THE WATCH ANYMORE. THE JOY AND EXCITEMENT I FELT IS GONE. MACYS HERALD SQUARE HAS TAKEN THAT PURCHASING EXCITEMENT FROM ME.

Comment (0)

This is my situation I was given a Macy’s gift card for christmas , I went to use @ macys last week. The cashier was having trouble scanning it, and tried over and over to do so. So I took the card back from her and called the toll free number on the back just to show her it still had a full fifty dollar balance. She still said she could not help me. So i asked for a Macy’s supervisor who came to help who was really very nasty to me, I proceeded to tell her what happened so she took the card and tried to scan as well, so I said to her please call the number I just called on the back of the card.

She just scratched all the numbers off the card that was then not ledgeble after that. So now I have no gift card , but it still has a balance that I would like to use. So I am writing to see how we can resolve this problem. Macy’s, please contact me I would greatly appreciate this!

Comment (0)

I purchased an inexpensive watch from Macy’s for my daughter. She needed a link removed, so we went to Macy’s, Rockaway, NJ on April 22, 2011 at approx. 7:45PM. Two saleswomen were at the entire jewelery counter. The saleswoman named Joan was showing a couple expensive watches and said she could not help us. After another customer approached with a repair issue, she called for additional support. I walked around the counter; the other saleswoman was standing there with nothing to do. She said additional help was called in.

I walked back to the watch counter; another saleswoman was speaking with the other waiting customer. She could not help either of us, so we were told to wait. WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS!!! We left with no support and frustrated with the lack of customer service. Please instruct your salespeople to handle more than one customer and to call for support who can help!

In the meantime, I still need a link removed. And I’m unhappy with Macy’s. I’ll be sure to share this story with friends and family.

A response will be greatley appreciated.

Comment (0)

Where is the service department at Macy’s? I have a Mary’s credit card and needed an additional card for my spouse. So I go to the nearest Macy’s store to inquire at the service counter. I am directed to second floor by a sign so I follow the sign. There are more signs on the second floor and as I follow them I soon realize that the signs are directing me in a circle. So I ask a sales associate “where is the service department” and he directs me to the far side of the sales floor where I find only a bank of telephones on a wall. I pick up a phone and someone finally answers. After stating my name and credit card number I tell the person on the phone what I need and he tells me that my card is fine.

But that is not what I had requested so I tell him again and again and he tells me that there is on problem with my card. Frustrated I tell him again what I require and and then he complains that he he can hardly hear me. This is a Macy’s house phone and I hear him plainly, like a bell ringing. Finally after another go-round I get my message through and he tells me that my wife’s card will arrive in two weeks. After more than a month the additional card in my wife’s name has yet to arrive. It is said that the third time is the charm. Well that was the third that I requested an additional card from Macy’s and it (they)has yet to arrive.

Is there a service department at Macy’s? I doubt it but there certainly is one at Nordstrom’s. On my first try (visit actually)there for an additional credit card for my wife, I walked into the store, spoke face-to-face with a well dressed service person who she took my information without hitch and the additional card arrived a week later.

Now that is service to appreciate.

Yours truly,

Truman Draper

Comment (0)

In March 2011, apparently Macy’s did away with their credit “guidelines” (their term for limits) and instituted a flexible plan wherein you request an amount either before shopping or at your time of purchase, a computer somewhere is consulted, and you are either approved for the purchase or not. Macys will not tell you when you ask what the top amount is. Also, I cannot determine what this amount is based on. I asked if a credit report is requested and the Macy’s rep said no. I asked and was told payment history, etc. was used but when pressed couldn’t verify how this worked, because I couldn’t find out what determined mine.

There was no communication from the company on this. I asked if my Macy’s account was closed, because every amount (from $50 down) was denied and was told no, that wasn’t the case. If this happens to you please contact the company.

Comment (0)

I live in Canada and was shopping in Las Vegas on Black friday (2010). The staff in the men’s wear department encouraged me to open a Macy’s account to receive a discount on my purchase. They also said that the card would be sent out within seven days and I could mail in my payment. Concerned after Christmas that I was yet to see the credit card or bill I phoned their credit department…a call center in India. I explained my concerns and it was determined that my card was sent to the wrong address. The card was cancelled and a new one issued.

I asked the person helping me for my balance and account #so my friend in USA could pay my card off. He gave me the balance but refused to give me the account #. (At the store they provide you with a shopping pass with no acct. # on it, just a bar code). I was told all is well with my credit rating and the now late payment and again I was told to pay it when the statement was received. Feb.14, the card came, I express posted the full amount. The statement came the next day and Macy’s added $25. late fee and $6.61 interest. Call center called asking for payment at 8:00 am and I explained everything I’ve told you. Thought it was resolved, but was called by Macy’s again at 1:30 pm and again at 6:38 pm the same day.

PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN OPENING A MACY’S ACCOUNT!!!

Comment (0)

I recently got a Macys credit card. When I went online to pay the bill there was no way to pay it with my bank card. There are several options offered by Macys to pay the card, but none of them are really convienent for (or anybody in their right mind). How can a company in this day and age offer a credit card and then not have full options online for bill pay? Thanks for nothing Macys! This Credit card will be closed on my next day off, after I go to the store to pay the bill. It is easier and cheaper to use my bank card.

Comment (0)

I kept receiving calls from Macy’s credit card collection 4 and 5 times a day. When I would answer, there was NEVER anyone on the line. So, I stopped answering and tried calling them back. Always a recording and never an answer. Today I finally reached someone to find out it was Macy’s trying to reach me. It is RIDICULOUS the number of times they called and had no one on the line. Every day of the week. I finally called the 800 number listed on the Macy’s website and was connected to a call center in India again. I am TIRED of Macy’s and the way they are treating a former Marshall Fields customer of 20 years. They do NOT even begin to compare to Marshall Fields and need to learn how true customer service is handled.

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

42.153846153846
  • HEB
    (29 reviews)
    32.413793103448

Have feedback for Macy's?