Macy's Customer Service

Contact Macy's Corporate

Toll free phone number: 513-579-7000

Macy’s Department Store calls itself “one of the nation’s premier omnichannel retailers”. The number of stores reported in April 2015 was 900 in 45 states primarily under the names Macy’s and Bloomingdale. Stores are located in Guam and Puerto Rico. In fiscal year 2014 sales were US 28 billion and employees numbering 166,000. Macy’s is traded on the NYSE:M.

If you need to contact Macy’s for customer service 24/7 your first call is to 1-800-BUY-MACY (1-800-289-6229). You may also call 513-398-5221 for Credit and Customer Service. If you would like to reach Macy’s CEO, Terry J. Lundgren by postal mail use address, Macy’s Corporate Headquarters, 151 West 34th St., New York, NY 10001.

The New York corporate phone number is 214-494-3000. The website lists many department addresses/phone numbers on one contact page. Sometimes called America’s department store, Macy’s colorful history began in 1858 as a small dry goods store specializing in fancy products. First day sales were $11.06 and first year gross sales were $85,000. Prior to being called Macy’s the chain was known as Federated Department Stores.

A Macy’s operates in Dubia under unique business management. Macy’s presence in social media includes Facebook, and Twitter. The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade is tradition in many US households.

Upset with Macy's?

File a complaint here!

Reach Macy's Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Macy's corporate office

• 7 West 7th Street
    • Cincinnati
    • OH 45202

513-579-7000

Top Macy's Complaints

I am frustrated and disappointed. We ordered on thanksgiving evening 11/24/16 order number 1305910011, a silver Kitchenaid 5qt professional stand mixer (Kv25gox) in front of my mother in law for her one Christmas wish item she really wanted. It was one sale for $199.99 discounted down from originally over $400. She is the matriarch of our family and does all the cooking and baking every Sunday we get together for family meals including holidays. She's the best cook and baker ever and does so much if it is why she felt she needed a higher powered and tech mixer to make things easier on her prep, cook and bake times.

The online site while ordering wouldn't accept the 20% discount code as we tried multiple times for this item. So as to not miss out, we ordered it at the full sale price of $199.99 plus tax totaling $211.99. My mom in law was ecstatic! I received the email confirmation from macys.com and they deducted full payment from my mastercard. Two days later on Sat morning between 7:30 and 8:00 EST I decided to call Macy's to ask a rep for help about adding on the 20% discount to my already existing order because i had received in my email Friday and now Saturday, Macy's promos in my email of sales going on which again stated the 20% off of most online orders.

When i got the rep he stated he didn't see my order and it was cancelled! Surely this couldn't be true when i have email confirmation of my payment for this item! 15+ minutes later, with the rep constantly putting me on hold and saying nothing as he tried to figure things out I asked to speak to a manager and upon transferring me to that different department we were disconnected. I has to call back and the new rep said they did see my order but again it was cancelled because there weren't enough to fill the request. I asked for a manager because this still is not making sense...they took my money and sent a confirmation of my order, it's two days later.

All the other companies that also had this same exact item on sale for the same price such as target and best buy are also now sold out when I could have ordered from them to start off with and not be dealing with this nightmare! I asked this rep what compensated he could offer for my inconvenience and he offered $20 gift card but I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted a manger.

He put a specialist on the phone whom I was disappointed in how she handled this delicate matter. She explained there weren't enough of this item from Kitchenaid to fill my order, the computer shouldn't have accepted but did, she would refund the money, there's a back order on this item due in the 1st week of December and that I would have to keep calling Macys.con back to check on availability and she would put a note in my file to honor original sales price with the reflected 20% online discount on it.

I asked her why should I as the customer who's already placed a confirmed order, and Macys cancelled without notifying me, (if it wasn't for me calling this morning to see if a rep could help add on the 20% discount, I wouldn't have found out my order was cancelled), be the one calling calling and, hoping and guessing each day of the first week of December to see if an item I've already been promised is back in stock. She tells me she's too busy, it's too many other customers they have to answer calls for, what if she forgets or it goes to my voicemail when she calls then I would still have to call Macy's back anyways right.

I'm appalled at her lack of concern for my frustration. After asking her a few more time how she would guarantee thus item is coming in that week and that I would be one of the first to get one due to Macys error she still didn't make me feel reassured and said the best she could say is call Dec 5. Really Macy's? When i told here the rep that transferred me to here offered a $20 gift card for consolation she said she could not and he should not have, all she could do if I'm able to replace an order on the 5th or whenever they may or may not receive this back order is receive free expedited shipping guaranteeing it will come before Xmas..unacceptable.

So I'm writing now to see is there anyone else who can show some empathy and endure a call to me when the item becomes available again( if ever) so I'm not wasting my valuable time as a customer playing the guessing as to "did it arrive today" when clearly you guys should being calling me once you see on your end that it has arrived!! Also how do you not honor a gift card offer that one if your reps already offered? Macy's is not losing money by giving this gift card, which i felt was not enough, to show empathy to a customer and retain their business. Jessica said an email if the cancelled product was sent to me at 9:03.

I told her I hadn't seen it before I called and had no knowledge that I wasn't getting the product. Mind you this shows how long I've been on the phone with them arguing about this situation cause I originally called before 8am. What can be done to guarantee I get this item? No other companies now have it for me to rebuy it from them because I lost out on those options when I ordered from you. My email is elizabethkaye1@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time.

Comment (0)

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with customer service trying to use my Macy's money. She did not understand what I was talking about. I don't know how many times I explained to her. She kept putting me on hold. She tried to place the order but still couldn't figure out the Macy's money. I ended up placing the order myself and using my Macy's charge I will go into the store and take care of the Macy's money myself. I am sorry to say this but you need to have English speaking agents. They are difficult to understand and have to spend too much time explaining. This has happened more than once. Spending 30 minutes is unacceptable especially with no resolve.

Comment (19)

I bought Glenmore 320 three count 6-pic icing sheet set navy for $29.58, the worst set ever bought that bled thru to my mattress and pillows. It got into my nails and pajamas and turned everything purple. This is not a good set and should be discontinued. I tried to take it back but they need the wrapping it came in so I couldn't take it back, with the receipt. What a waste of time and money. Please don't buy.

Comment (0)

I have furnished my entire house with Macy's furniture and although they claim to have great quality and service my experience has been the complete opposite. My mattress is not even 6 months old and it is already defected. I spoke to a supervisor who was very rude and was not helpful. Although this mattress is clearly defective on their part the most they can do is charge me to collect their poor quality mattress in order to swap it, and that was him trying to "help" me. To charge me for their poor quality products. I will no longer be purchasing anything from Macy's, you're better off shopping at a thrift shop.

Comment (4)

Dear Macy's headquarters. I just received today, September 27, 2016, an advertising Clinique flyer with a gift offer. However, the Gift Offer is stated being valid Friday, September 23, 2016 through Monday, September 26, 2016 which is the weekend just past. Not sure how I'm supposed to take advantage of this offer if the mailer arrives late? Kind of disappointed I have missed this offer and in Macy's advertising department.

Comment (0)

I love shopping at Macy's and using my star pass. Because of the new system whereby we cannot use our star pass down stairs at the clearance department made my shopping experience not encouraging. I think that system should be revised because not everyone can shop regular price items.

Comment (0)

I have a gift card that is old and never used. I went to use it and was told that the card was invalid. I was told by sales rep it would need to get it re-issued. I went the the office and no one came to the door. I went back to the store and spoke to another sales rep and she suggested to call customer service. I did. Customer service rep said the number in the card is invalid and not in the system. So how can I get this card re-issued? Also the receipt is on wax paper and is fading. The irony is that Macy's gift cards don't expire. But I am yet to cash it and/or spend it because of all the run around that I've encountered.

Comment (5)

It was suggested by an e-mail I sent to Macy's customer service that I contact customer service again about a removing an old credit card number that was attached to my account. Subsequently customer service deleted my current account and then kept me on the phone for almost an hour trying to get the information back in again. Turned it over to technical support which insisted I couldn't input in the information because my browser was at fault. I never asked them to cancel my card just to remove the old card number that they kept insisting was linked to my new number. I ended up cutting up my current card and now you have lost me as a customer after many, many years. I will never shop at Macy's ever again.

Comment (0)

My bill was late in July and I asked as a courtesy that Macy take the late fee off the bill. They did, or so I thought. Now, I got a bill with a bunch of late fees and interest charges. My bill went from 90 bucks (for years) to 142. I love Macy's, but I am closing my credit card and will not be back. The amount of time that I have spent on the phone trying to figure this out is crazy. I keep getting a person that speaks another language and is very hard to understand. I am respectful and patient as she puts me on hold numerous times for over 30 minutes. I have been a Macy customer for years and I enjoy the store, but it is too stressful to deal with this anymore! It is a shame that you outsource your customer service lines to people that cannot help when you need it. So unfortunate.

Comment (6)

The date of my visit was Sept 5, 2016 (Labor Day). I was shopping in the Women's Dept. on the lower level. As I had numerous items in My hands, I asked if I could Hang them on a rack until I went into a fitting room. Of course, they were understaffed, which caused the salesgirl to roll her eyes at me and give me attitude. I am handicapped(which I mentioned to her). So I went into the textile dept. and asked the saleswoman there to call a manager. The manager was Raul. I was disappointed that he was not helping his employees.

Okay, so then I went into the fitting rooms and it looked like a tornado had struck. The handicapped room had an Out of Order sign on it. I opened the door and it was piled high with clothing. I went to Raul and asked him if he had seen the fitting rooms( he had not) and then asked him if he knew the handicapped room was closed. He said that a child had an accident in there. I asked him, with all those clothes in there? Disgusting.

Then I went to the children's dept. and found two outfits but the check out line was 10 people deep ( I counted). Looked around for another register and came upon the same saleswoman when I asked for a manager, she approached me, and she asked if the manager helped me. She then went out of her way to ring my sales. Her name is Razi, a 18 year employee of Fields and Macy's, from the bedding dept. She is a gem.

All of this made me wonder if this is a store that Macy's is closing. I shop at the OakBrook store and they make me feel that they are glad I am shopping with them. The fitting rooms are never disaster zones. The salespeople approach me and ask if they can hold my clothes. Very sad that Woodfield has tarnished Field's reputation so badly.

Comment (0)

I need a refund as soon as possible for $27.99 on the order number 1221497742. Also, demanding the better customer service support from Macy’s. I ordered two golf shorts 8/5/2016. Got the email to notified me that order had been shipped, but there was no tracking number on the email. I was waiting for awhile and I did not receive any golf shorts. I have to file a complaint on the customer service persons. I called and talked to 5 customers service persons from Macy and spent hours to talk to them (you should know the names of those by tracing back to the order number 1221497742 every time I made a call to them).

I get hung up many times by Macy's customer service person who cannot resolve the issue and when I asked to talk to the supervisor, they hang up the phone on me. I got a partial refund for $27.99 back to my checking account, but another $27.99 has not being refunded. Therefore, I call again today 8/24/2016 and asking for a customer service supervisor (Alexandra) who helped me to process the refund of $27.99 to deposit back to my account. She said that she will process it, and I am waiting patiently to see it happen soon.

I am a good online and in-store customer for Macy. My wife and I love Macy products and we bought many of them already. Hopefully, will do it again. I hope your company will train those customer service persons who I talked to. I really feel frustrated because they did not help me and just wasted my time.

Comment (0)

There was recently an issue with a refund applied to the incorrect account. They were excellent at making sure the error was taken care of in a timely manor I am very happy with there customer service skills.

Comment (0)

I place an online order with Macy's 8/5 buy one pair of shoes and get the 2nd pair free. When placed the order it did not give me a free pair of shoes so I call Macy's customer service and told John (representative for Macy's) my order is wrong because I didn't get my free pair of shoes. John said that his manager told him he would need to cancel the order and redo the order. John told me he would give me a call back in 2 hours. Three hours has pass and no call back so I called back and ask to speak with John manager and told him this is poor customer service and I didn't get a call back.

The manager said that they did not cancel the order and the shoes that I brought did qualify for a free pair of shoes you had to buy the same style of shoes. I told John manger that isn't what the sale paper or the internet stated I had two pair of shoes name XOXO Sybil, also the other 2 pair of shoes I had was the same price 44.99. I brought 4 pairs of shoes a total of 168.35 and I know I should have at least got a buy one get one free pair of shoes are even give an discount on the shoes. I have been a long time shopper with Macy's and this was not an good experience and got rip off. I try to upload the document but it would not upload so I had to paste the information in.

Comment (0)

I submitted a rebate form to Macy's Rebate Center in May, 2016. I received notice that my rebate request had been received and processed. Then, NOTHING. I tracked the rebate and it said the rebate had been approved. I contacted the rebate center by phone and the agent was so hard to understand I finally had to hang up. I tried contacting the chat line on the internet and only got promises that the check would be sent. The most recent contact indicated the check was issued on May 26 and I would be receiving it in the form of a post card, but give it an additional 15 days to arrive.

When I asked the agent (Penson R,) who I could contact that monitors the rebate center, the agent said "not authorized the give that information". And then, Penson R. ended the chat/cut me off. How rude. Macy's should be ashamed of the awful service they provide issuing rebate checks. The amount is not very much and I think the delaying tactics are to make me forget about the rebate. I am determined to get some results just because the customer care Macy's offers is so dismal and dishonest.

Comment (4)

I am one of your most valuable customers, whereas even holding a Macy's credit card. I was at the Macy's in Oakbrook, Illinois in the shoe department. I had an excellent sales lady, however, she was swamped with other customers. So I asked one sales lady if she could get another shoe for me and she stated NO, I had to go to the lady who was waiting on me. So, I over looked that and went back to the sales lady who was attentive to my needs. But at the end of me making my choices of shoes, I noticed one of the shoes I needed a larger size.

Of course the lady who was helping me was with other customers, and attempting to ring some out too. So, another sales person was standing there doing nothing and I asked if she could get the shoe for me, and she stated NO you have to deal with the person who was helping you. I told her that was ludicrous because the lady who was helping me was swamped with customers and I could not see why I had to wait and she was doing nothing. I was informed it is a commission thing. Well, I told them I don't think Mr. Macy's would like that because this method they have adapted will stop customers from coming to the store. I told them I am spending money and should not have to be apart of their commission game.

This is very upsetting and normally when incidents like this happen I leave without buying anything and never shop the store again. But the lady who was helping me was so polite and seemed to working so hard I decided to purchase the shoes. No to return to the store I am not sure. I shop at all the high end stores because of the service that I receive, because I am a firm believer that when I spend my money I should be treated accordingly. Please look into this and have this policy changed, and make sure the staff know they are to help any client who needs help regardless if they receive commission or not.

Comment (0)

On July 20th I made a purchase at Macys online and when trying to pay my card was rejected. I called the people at Chase bank and immediately got the problem solved and they approved the order and the order was processed by Macys. I noted to Macys this was a gift. I wanted to surprise my wife but the same night Macys fraud department left a message on my phone and then actually made another call and my wife answered. So goes the surprise. My concern is that Macy's fraud dept shouldn't even have been involved period.

I got the order approved through my bank so My bank knew it was ME making the order or THEY wouldn't have approved it. So where does Macys fraud dept come into play. They had bank approval to process the order so Chase knew it was a proper order and funds to Macys had been approved for the order. I then the next day called the Macys fraud dept and got some foreigner on the phone that I couldn't understand very well and got the old run around for why they had to act on this order...which was pure BS. Their apology isn't enough in this case. They need to keep out of others business when others get the problems taken care of without their help. What a surprise for my wife.

Comment (0)

In June 2015 I purchased a bathing suit for my wife and before the summer was over the bathing suit had deteriorated and I would like reimbursement of the $75.00 I spent on my Macy's credit card I used to purchase it. My wife did not overuse the bathing suit and she hardly used it all and the suit never made it out of one whole summer. We do not know the brand of the bathing suit and she has since thrown the suit away and went to a competitor for another this year. Bathing suits especially from Macy's should last more than one brief summer. I enjoy Macy's as well as my wife and do intent on continuing to shop there, however, this issue really did upset us as we never had this type of problem before.

Comment (0)

Purchased a pair of Charter Club earrings 6 months ago, can't wear because the stem is too short. Asked for refund. The manager and the salesclerk belittled me by going around the counter and having a private conference and then the snooty associate and the very rude manager said, can't refund because six months ago. I can't wear the rings and I still have them on them on the sales package. This is not the head manager, it's the assistant manager and he needs counseling.

I have had my account longer than he and she have been employed by Macy's. I told him, put a sign up and state, if purchased more than 6 months, no returns. He walked. I used no profanity because I was talking to an idiot and the clerk gave such a nasty look. I told both of them, I shall report you to the head office because you are not professional at all. If you need a picture of the ring, I'll take a picture with my tablet and send to you, the stem is just too short. In all of my years with Macy's I have never, never received such rudeness and this is not a good thing for Macy's.

Comment (0)

I don't even want to rate Macy's. I placed an online order from your company and it was delivered UPS yesterday. The shoes that were delivered to me obviously had been worn. The shoes were Unlimited, Kenneth Cole Production. Never in my life have I ever been to disappointed. I order these from one of your advertisement pop-ups from Facebook. As I mentioned before these looked as though that had been worn. The white soles on the shoes were dirty with marks, the bottoms of the shoes indicated the wear as well as, along with the discolored worn strings that were in the shoes. I hope that this is not one of advertising scams via Facebook. I will never visit or ever order another item from your company. I will not waste my time to upload a picture to this response, because you are getting these shoes back and you can view them at your leisure.

Comment (0)

My billing due on April 26, 2016 was delivered in the mail on Saturday May 1st, 2016. Called in the payment today and they would not reverse the late charge because I had another late charge waived because when they changed to American Express the payment was credited to the wrong account. I have had the account for twenty one years, and they kept me on hold twice for 20 minutes and hung up, the third time I called they would not let me speak to a supervisor and asked me if I was sure I wanted to close it out. I did can't go through this again, even though I used to like to shop there.

Comment (0)

I am 73 years old and have lived in this area over 60 years. This Macy's escalator is broken and has not worked for several weeks. Now the elevator is also broken for several weeks and the only way to get to the second floor, have to walk to the back of the store to take the freight elevator. This elevator is funky and dirty b I am unable to walk on the escalator steps to the second floor because I don't want to fall on the slippery steps.

Macy's seems to not care about the customers who regularly shop at this store as well as the. Oasis Sr Citizen Center located in this store. Your management doesn't care about us since we are blacks and Latinos. You guys sure wouldn't let this problem linger in a white neighborhood. I am a preferred shopper over the years at Macy's and at this time prefer to cease giving you my business. You are making money off of us to only provide lousy service to us.

Comment (0)

Last week on a visit to Tampa I was asked by my Daughter to purchase a Cinique product under the gift promotion. I went to Macy's University Mall counter who had the gift program running spend $27 to obtain gift I requested the moisture surge product for my daughter and after purchase notice my bill was $52 and asked if this was correct I was informed by the assistant that it was and there was an upgrade to the gift if I spent $55 I would qualify. I did this with purchase of the face soap which I knew she used. On returning home she was horrified at the costs the assistant had given me a larger size of the original product $52 instead of the $39 size that would have still qualified for the gift and also negating even contemplating the up grade. I feel this was underhanded exploitation.

Comment (0)

March 5, 2016, I forgot my password so tried to reset. Since the response to the verification question could be written in a number of different ways, I ended up being locked out of my account. When I contacted customer service to get it unlocked, the first representative told me he was unable to either send me a link to reset or send me my old password and told me it would be about two weeks before it could be reset. A second representative verified internal problems. This is not a new experience with the Macy's on line account technology and is unacceptable. Other entities are able to immediately send a link to reset a password. Why is Macy's unable to do so?

Comment (0)

I purchased a dining set in October 2015. The side of the table has a scratch/scrape on the side. My granddaughter sent an email along with the receipt/date of purchase/and a image of the scratch. This was sent at least four times and no one acknowledged it. I wanted to know what can be used to cover this scratch/scrape. I'm at work at the moment and don't have the above receptor a photo of the image with me. I wanted to know what can be used to conceal the scratch; if anything. It was purchased in good faith and I would like a response in good faith also.

Comment (0)

I placed an order online that was confirmed and waited patiently. Placed on the 17th. I waited until the 29th to inquire. I was treated rudely with ignorance towards my time and the supervisor added zero. There is no reason for her to have her job.she has absolutely no customer skills nor did she have a bit of empathy. She did not try to resolve the problem. If you have had a similar experience please let me know.

Comment (0)

I was at Macy,s with my wife, at the Huntington Station, NY store, in the Walt Whitman Mall. I was there to buy a certain color men's dress shirt. After I found what I came for, my wife and I got on line at the cashier, near the men's dress shirts. There were 2 cashiers there, a man and a woman, we were taken by the man. The woman, who was at the other register seemed to be annoyed that I was asking our cashier about which discounts I should be getting. At one point, she gave me an extremely unpleasant look when I was asking about a discount if I use my Macy's credit card.

I have been buying at this Macy's for many many years and have never had any unpleasant employee before. Everyone who works has to be nice and kind with their clients, so why is this cashier excused from this? I believe I have every wright to ask anyone I am paying anything I want about the discounts or the price. By the way, this woman seemed very cold and somewhat bossy with her own customers. This took place around 5:29 pm

Comment (0)

I have applied for my Macy's card (Account number - 6035-3400-0563-4064) on October 2015 from Mall Of America (Bloomington, MN) store. But before getting the actual card on my hand, I got a statement letter from Macy's, saying that I have an outstanding bill of $642 and I found that the entire amount was a fraudulent activity. I immediately spoke to customer care and they convinced me that they are going to investigate the entire thing and for that I have to fill up a form and I have to submit to them.

I got the form, filled and submitted. Till then nothing has happened from their side. On next month I got another statement asking for late fees. I again spoke to customer care and they waived off the late fees. They also confirmed me that they are going to block my number so that I won't get call from collection department. But everything was false statement and I am still getting collection calls. My credit history has been totally ruined. I am really pissed off by Macy's card and their customer care. I would not recommend anybody to have Macy's card.

Comment (0)

I went to buy Shoes (two pairs) and when I asked the Customer Service person at the shoe department, i had to wait for her to stop talking to her co-worker. Finally, she asked me if she could help me. I told her what I wanted and in what size and she said, sit down, i will get them but continued to talk to her co-worker for about 10 minutes! finally , she went to the back and came back with only one pair because she couldn't find the other.

I tried it on and it was perfect but she said , it looks small, I replied, no, it fits fine. She repeated a couple of times that it didn't look like it was the right size. Frustrated, I said, I am taking this. She took the box and started to help me when another customer came and said, I am taking these and the other lady said you can help me. I felt insulted! I have never experience such a bad customer service at Macys before. I am very disappointed! this are the ticket number on the receipt.

Customers should be treated with respect. I didn't even had a chance to see a second pair because she was so busy in a personal conversation!

Comment (0)

In December I purchased two bottles of juicy couture for a gift for my daughters. The did not like it so we returned them on December 30th. For the one I purchased a Light Blue set and for the another I purchased another scent of juicy couture that you did not have in the store but ordered for me.

When I received my bill I had a credit for the one juicy couture and a charge for the light blue. The other one the gentleman at the store was doing a one for one exchange but on my bill I did not get a credit but I did get a charge for the one I ordered. Instead of being a one for one exchange I did not get a credit and I got a charge. So now I am paying for 3 when I only purchased two. The customer service staff were rude and incompetent when I tried to have a conversation.

After about a half hour they got a supervisor on the line only to end up cutting me off when they transferred me. I am going to file deceptive billing practices in regards to this not because a mistake happened because they do and I understand that but because no one wants to listen to make it right.

Comment (0)

I placed an order today and immediately got a "cancelled" notice. Order #: 1180633488. Order date: 01/28/2016. Something about fraud--so glad you are looking out for the consumer---however this has gapped every time i place an order. then i go through the 20 minute telephone hold--then you i have to listen to someone who can barely speak English and then the phone goes dead. If i actually do get to a person the standard mantra: "sorry sir, i can't divulge that information" and no--there is no one you can talk to--order cancelled.

I just want to throw money at you, but you do not have reasonably efficient customer sales process for placing orders. How you have manage to keep the doors open for more than a century is beyond belief--but hey--you all have nice parade! And i will bet you no one will respond to this complaint either.

Comment (15)

Submitted Christmas rebates per directions. purchases were made within the required dates. Each rebate was initially denied as invalid due to the purchase date being entered incorrectly at the rebate center. I was not advised by the rebate center in any way. I discovered this error by checking on the rebate about 2 weeks later when i never heard anything at all. Two out of three rebates were adjusted. The third was not even researched. I have responded to the email and advised the purchase date was entered into their system incorrectly and referred to the tracking numbers of the rebates that were adjusted and checks were supposed to have been issued on.

This has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had with Macy's. I have never experienced anything like this in all the years I have shopped with Macy's. I strongly suggest they use a different rebate center the next time they do rebates. If this rebate center is part of Macy's they need to do some extensive retraining on some of their Customer Services Associates. I would like to complement Christie, Jack, & Eugenia on the rebates they worked. These three researched the issue and replied promptly with the solution. They were very good and represented Macy's well.

Comment (0)

I bought a pair of sapphire earrings that after the purchase I was informed that I can pick them up on 1/31/16. I used my Macy's gift card. my plenti points and my Macy's card to pay for these earrings. Since I cant have them today, refund my purchase. The purchase could not be voided because I used my plenti points. I earned every single point on that Plenti card at that Macys. This happened today 1/22/16. The poor young girl behind the counter had no idea how to even ring the sale using my Plenti card. T

he manager, Sarah, came over to jewelry to explain to me that my gift card is tied up until the 31st, my plenti points are tied up, and that she couldn't let her earrings leave the store until the 31st. She can keep her earrings and Macy's can have my Macy card. The reason I had a gift card is because friends know its my favorite store. Thats over! The store Westfield Sarasota Square. Sarah tried to give me a $25 Macy Money. Why would I take that, she acted like she didn't even know what Plenti points were. I wouldn't take those earrings now if they were free. Macy's and I are no longer friends.

Comment (0)

I bought a twin bed from your Eastland furniture center, Columbus, ohio this past Sat. salescheck #26236658, associate 71624701 who did explain there were no returns. We set it up last night and unfortunately there were several cracks in the sideboards. The reason I did not see this when I purchased it is that they were wrapped in heavy plastic and I could not see the cracks. I understand the "no return" policy but I do believe I should be credited dollars for the damage to this bed. It was the only one in the store. I do not give my phone # as I am hearing disabled and do not take calls. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comment (0)

I ordered a blazer on line. Love it, fits perfect and looks great. My biggest disappointment is it reeks of perfume. I am allergic to most perfumes. They give me a terrible headache. There is no reason that the blazer should have perfume on it unless it was used by someone else or put on purposely. I am going to try airing out doors but if it doesn't work I will return it. The packing ID is 71392 503. I would try to exchange it but would be concerned that they would send me another one with perfume on it. Very unhappy about this.

Comment (0)

Black Friday Sale had "$7.99" Crockpots with $12 rebate. So my sister and i gladly paid the $19.99 (two separate transactions) and submitted the rebate form. Nowhere on the form did it say there was a limit per person, so we just sent both receipts (hers cash, mine credit) And UPC's with one form. I received $12. I was told only limit of one per person. They need to state that, as it wasn't in the fine print, I read over it carefully, or I would have happily sent in two envelopes separate for us. Be very cautious when purchasing from Macy's offering "rebate" like sales.

Comment (0)

I am upset that when shopping at the Chapel Hill Macy's which is due to close, I spent over $250.00 and was unable to earn any plenti points or Thanks for sharing. I used my Macy's card and I expected to receive Thanks for sharing and plenti points as that was the reason to sign up for both as an incentive for using my Macy Card. I was unable to return anything to take my business to another Macy's so I am asking for reconsideration on this as a loyal Macy's customer for over 15 years.

Comment (0)

I have received a finance charge on my last two bills without an explanation. I always pay my monthly charge in full so there should be no finance charge. Today (1/11/16) when I tried to contact Macy's by telephone I found that they only have an automated phone system that continually routes you in an endless loop. To my knowledge there is no way to reach any customer service to remedy the issue.

Comment (0)

My grandson went to the Macy's at Governor's Square Mall in Tallahassee, FL to get the security bar taken off jackets that I had given him and his brother for Christmas. He had the receipts with him. He was told that the items were not on the receipt and that their machine to take the security bar off was different and would not work on the security bar on the jackets. My daughter mailed the jackets to me from Tallahassee, FL. Upon receipt of the jackets, I took them back to The Falls in Miami where Mr. Thomas Meyer apologized for all of my inconveniences. He checked the receipt, took the security bar off, and sent the jackets back to my daughter in Tallahassee.I want to commend Mr. Meyer for his handling of the problem, however, I am throughly disappointed and upset that we had to go through the aggravation of this problem after we spent over $500 at Macy's buying Christmas gifts.

Comment (0)

I bought my son jeans on line for Christmas. They were not the correct ones and I had to return them. I just paid my bill in full and mailed the payment Monday, January 4, 2016. When I went to return them I was not offered cash back, but a credit on my account or a gift card. I no longer shop Macy's is I can help it, due to the fact your coupons are worthless and your return policies. I now have to come up with another $ 83.36 to give to my son to replace his gift and have a gift card which will take me forever to use in your store, if I don't lose it first. I would like to have my money back. As it is now, I will be forced to spend a total of $166.72 at your store. This not fair. My husband is on a fixed income. You have now given me another reason to not step foot in your store. I love your store but your policies do keep me out of it. I have taken my business to Kohl's. Yes I know their quality is not up to yours, but I can live with their polices.

Comment (0)

Macy's allowed my ex-wife to use my Macy's credit card card and take over the limit of $1500 to $6200. I filed 2 complaints and your fraud agents is still telling me I'm responsible for 2 years. I've been asking them not to allow her to use my card they but a security hold on it with only the card holder to use and still they allow her to use it. If I'm always recorded when I call why has this still been going on.

I have received 3 new cards I this time she was still able to use it. I never called to request a limit change , and Macy's should of never allowed a change without my permission please look into this case and contact me on this matter.

Comment (0)

I ordered six items from the online store which were to be Christmas gifts for family. A delivery was made 2 days later - wow! Fast service. I opened the package - NOTHING I ordered was in it! Had the right packing slip with all the items I ordered listed, but I received four items I never ordered. I called the toll free number and was assured they would ship my order out right away and send a return label via email for the wrong items. Before hanging up, the rep said "Oh, wait - I see two of the items you ordered are unavailable" - the two most important items!! So I requested cancellation of the entire order, asked for a full refund to my PayPal account and the return label for the wrong items.

Several days later: still no return label, and no refund to my account. I called once again - different representative, of course. Confirmed my order number, etc. and very politely apologized and assured me my refund was in process. However, he could not generate a return label as I didn't have the order number or transit number for the incorrect items. How could I have those when the correct packing list for my order was provided - not the info for the items I didn't order. He said I could just take them to the nearest Macy's store and return them. I informed him I live nearly two hours from the nearest store and would not be in that area til probably next spring. I told him I would find someone going that way to return them.

On the 21st of December I STILL had no refund that I had been assured twice that I would be receiving! I was told it would take 7-10 business days to process and was PROMISED a refund would be in my PayPal account on Dec. 23rd. Of course, that didn't happen....soooo, today, December 28th I called once again. (Gave them benefit of the holiday time). I was told yet again it was in process. That was when I had enough - and told her I want the money in my PapPal Account TODAY, that I was very unhappy with Macy's service, and several other things - I won't bore you any longer with the details.

Lo and behold, I received an e-mail from PayPal within 10 minutes that my account had been credited! Now, why couldn't that have been done with the other two reps? I declined to participate in the survey - as I told the rep, she didn't want to know what I thought of Macys right then!

Comment (0)

Several weeks before Christmas I ordered 2 white towel monogrammed in Silver for my son's fiancee. When they arrived the week before Christmas, even though the packing slip said white towel with silver monogram, they were ivory towels with a garish gold monogram so whomever filled the order did not take the time to do it correctly or just stuck something in the package and hoped it would work. They did get the monogram right but in the wrong towel color and wrong monogram color. I immediately called Macy's who apologized and said they would expedite my gift with the correct towels and I should get it on the 22nd. The sales rep guaranteed the package would be here by the 22nd and I has asked her several times to confirm.

She was very confident because she had checked to make sure the item was in stock and that Macy's would handle the expediated shipment. When the package had not arrived on the 24th, hours before our Christmas celebration was to begin, I was told by customer service that no shipment had occurred as the order could not be fulfilled . I was SHOCKED not only because they told me it would be fulfilled and my gift would arrive by Christmas when I spoke to them last week, BUT BECAUSE NO ONE called to tell me the shipment could not be fulfilled. That is a complete lack of customer service and customer care. When you call Macy's everyone has a foreign accent so it is hard to communicate with the sales reps. Three times I asked to speak with a manager.

First, I was disconnected, the 2nd time I was on hold for 22 minutes and the 2nd time, 15 minutes and I have yet to speak two a manager. The non-caring sales rep I first spoke to asked would you like us to refund your money. Really???? What about no Christmas package arriving as promised? I would have expected much more from Macy's. At this point I don't know how to return the wrong package and how do I at the last minute have a nice Christmas present for my son's fiancee? I would like better service and at least a professional response from Macy's as to how they let this happen.

Comment (0)

I had called in to make a payment on my wife's card. The gentleman that answered said he couldn't tell me the payment amount but said if I guessed it he could confirm it. After I guessed it he informed me they didn't take cards over the phone. Then I asked to speak to his supervisor Cheryl # 9103553 answered the phone and went thru her speech. I asked to speak to her boss , she put me on hold for only a few minutes then came back and said he was in a meeting.

I told her I would hold, that's when she raised her voice and said ok fine the hung up. I will drive the 25 miles to store tomorrow and make the final payment on the card and close the account. And that will be the last time I will walk thru a Macy's door. If I can't make a payment then we have to pay a late fee. Then why don't you make it easier to make a damn payment and train your employees how to talk to customers ( the people who shop so they have a job. I'll let others know about my experience of trying to pay a bill.

Comment (0)

On the 16th of Dec. I made an on-line purchase at Macy for $115 and received an email with $20 Macy money. I thought: YEAH! Not so fast. I have been unable to access the money either to use for another on-line purchase or to print it up. After I had so much trouble with trying to place the order I decide it would be better to print it and go to the store. It wouldn't give me the code.

I called Macy's customer service department twice this morning and have been on the computer for a good part of the day trying to redeem this. I'm making a complaint now because I'm past annoyed. After finally getting someone on the phone who asked me to hold on for a couple of minutes, I finally hung up after holding on for almost an hour.

The darn money expires on the 23rd. And probably6 by then the mini food processor that is on sale will no longer be. This is very poor customer service. I understand that they keep saying how busy they are. But guess what, so are there customers. Right now they don't even deserve the one star for such poor customer service.

Comment (0)

I ordered a king size down comforter. Because of the size, I had it gift wrapped for $10.00. The wrapping job was disgraceful and it will have to be re-wrapped. I would like a credit for this service which brings Macy's down a few pegs in my eyes. Will have a hard time shopping at Macy's again.

Comment (1)

12-19-15 Went with my fiancé to Macys today as he wanted to purchase a xmas gift for me. Selected a Michael Kors crystal pave bangle braclet. The retail ticket price was $125.00. On top of the display was a sale sign that said 50% off. Asked if it was on sale and clerk checked and said no full price $125.00. My fiance said was ok as we had six different coupons for Macys and could use one towards purchase. The clerk tried all of the coupons which were not expired and said none of them applied a discount.

I checked all of the coupons and read the exclusions and they did not indicate the Michael Kors was excluded on any of the coupons. I can see that all coupons might not be applicable but when you have six and can use NONE this is not acceptable. Why does Macy's print coupons that are not usable? Also why would all jewelry be on sale in the jewelry dept. EXCEPT Michael Kors? The coupons are false advertisement used to get customer's in the store but then they find out their worthless. Feel free to email me to resolve this negative customer experience with your store. I thought Macy's was better than this.

Comment (0)

Tried to log on to my Macy's Profile. My password did not work. Locked me out. Ok fine-So I call Macy's Customer Service and after a very very long wait- get transferred to Tech support. The rep had such a thick foreign accent that I could not understand her. After multiple attempts explaining my problem with Log In; she told me the computer system for re-setting passwords was down and to call back in 48 hours. Are you kidding me? A system upgrade during Holiday Season- what IT moron would do this? So I guess I am going over to Amazon.com- they don't have problems like this. Very poor IT service from Macys. Very disappointed.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to get my Macy's plenti point to work. every time I call customer service whatever they say there doing dose not work. I have called many times about this problem. My Macy's card won't link up with plenti points. I get the point but Macy will not allow me to use them when I check out. My Macy card is a different # online then the one I have. I have stated this many times.I've been to plenti many of times They can't seem to fix it. Either can Macy's.

Your customers service people are very rude and they don't even understand when I say my name. I can't understand them either. It very frustrating. I've spent two hours on the phone just today. Any there has been many more times. I use to like shopping at Macy and I shop a lot there but I may not any more because you customers service is so bad now.

Comment (0)

I ordered a sweater at Macy's Online. The sweater is to big I want to return it but it came without a label. I called customer service and asked for a label to be emailed to me; the young man who I really could not understand his accent finally after many questions if I really wanted to return it said he would email me one. Next day no email I went through the process again with another young man I could barely understand; he said he would send the email. Still no email. It should not be this hard to return an item. Why is there no address on the website, why no return label with package?

Comment (0)

In my last bill I received a past due amount $27.00. I immediately contact Macy's credit department to correct this problem. I always sent Macy's twice the amount own. My bank show the amount of $50.00 dollars paid and cashed as of 12/1/20015. The first person I talked too finally acknowledged the payment and ask for a $8.22 balance, I gave it to him. I asked for update and when the next payment was due. He said it was up to date but did not know when the next payment was due. This did not sound right. An hour later I called for clarification.

The next person first stated I own the whole amount. When explained I just paid, she acknowledged the payment of 8.22 was just paid. The $50.00 was mark paid by my bank who takes out the money from my account before sending the check ( registrar check). The check was received on 12/1. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold for 20 minutes, I finally hung up. My experience with Macy's has always been good. The two agents I talked too were not very honest and very confusing and cold hearted.

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

42.153846153846
  • HEB
    (29 reviews)
    32.413793103448

Have feedback for Macy's?