J.C. Penney Customer Service

Contact J.C. Penney Corporate

Welcome to the J.C. Penney complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against J.C. Penney online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the J.C. Penney corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with J.C. Penney?

File a complaint here!

Reach J.C. Penney Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• J.C. Penney corporate office

Top J.C. Penney Complaints

My wife went to the salon in lake city Fl. in which we are new to the area.Having always used Penny's for her hair. This visit was the worst that she has ever had. She has gotten perms and it always took about 2 hrs. This was done in 55 min. and came out with a wet head and was told it will dry by itself. She got sick and had to be put in the Hospital so when she got better we stopped in to talk to the hair styles and was told it looked OK and that is all that can be done. She wanted to have her hair colored but with the way she was treated did not want it done with them. There was never an apology and never talked to see what could be done to fix her hair. Felt this is not the Penny's that we are us to always willing to rectify the problem?

Comment (0)

I had an item to J.C. Penney that needed return and I stood in line waiting for my turn, when i went to to the register, the associate named (Claudia) asked for my receipt and I gave it to her, she started to process the return and when it comes to refund my credit card, she asked to me insert my credit card, although CC machine displayed swipe CC for refund, anyway, i followed her instructions, but it didn’t work, she tried again and same results.

I told her that the machine displays swipe J.C. Penney CC, but she replied to me very rudely, that the CC has a chip and this is the only way to do it, and she tried to call MOD, without any luck, I asked her again to just try it as the machine says, but again in a very aggressive, confronting rude tone she said no, these are the rules and I have to follow them, and then she tried to call MOD again. She kept me for 15 minutes till she was able to reach MOD, who advised her to swipe the card.

So she did and completed the refund. I told her that I have been asking you to try it for the last 15 minutes, her response to me that I always have issues with return. I asked her what do you me, I have my item (unopened) I have my receipt, she didn’t reply and hand my the refund receipt very rudely with out an apology for the wait, her mistake or her nasty attitude. I am not sure how you hire such people in front line. I need a response from you management regarding this experience and someone needs to speak with her.

Comment (0)

I am very discouraged by the J.C. Penney black friday promotion this year. I was fortunate enough to receive one of these coupons and attempted to use it online per instructions. I used the chat feature on your website and they told me I could not use the coupon online and needed to wait until after 5p to use in store. That is not what the coupon states as you can see. Very frustrated by poor customer service.

Comment (0)

I am so disappointed. On their page they have a picture of a hutch for sale and that picture includes a changing table. However the changing table was not included. When the hutch came I was very disappointed to discover this. I looked to see if I could buy the changing table and what do you know, they don't sell it anymore, even though they keep a picture of it up. So when I asked to return it I was told I had to pay $75 dollars on top of the $75 delivery fee. So in order to get it returned I had to take a $150 loss. The hutch was $160. I am so mad and upset about this, I don't know if I will ever shop at JCP again. Also, the lady I talked to at JCP online was so rude.

Comment (0)

On Sunday November 13, 2016 I was in the Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL J.C. Penney store. I found in your store an a.n.a black jacket while walking to the shoe department. The jacket caught my eye and the price was very appealing because of the sale sign stating that it was $24.99. It said "Juniors' Pleather Jackets" and the whole rack was filled with both black and camel colored ones of the same style. Not even thinking, I tried it on and thought the jacket fit well and the price was good. At check out the jacket rang up for $69.99. I told the cashier that the sign said $24.99. Because the store was busy she asked her department manager, Patti, for direction.

Patti told me the price was $69.99 and walked off looking for the sign. I followed her and showed her the rack and sign. She pointed out that the $24.99 price was only for the jackets that were originally $52.00. She checked the rack, and didn't see any $52.00 jackets and started checking all the racks in the vicinity looking for the $52.00 jackets. She came back to the original rack and found found two intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. As I was standing there she didn't say a word, showed me the two $52.00 jackets that were on the rack intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. I asked her why the sign said $24.99 and the rack was full of $120.00 jackets.

She said that only the Juniors jackets were marked down and the a.n.a jackets were not Juniors, I asked how was anyone to know which jackets were juniors and which were not by the brand name. I did not receive and answer so I returned to the register to pay for my purchases. As I was standing at the register I happened to see Patti come back with the sale sign that she had taken off the rack of jackets. As a department manager Patti was unprofessional and huffy and was not interested in this at all, her J.C. Penney department made a pricing mistake and she was not willing to make it good. Her attitude was: it's not $24.99 and that's the bottom line.

The end result should have been that I got the jacket for $24.99 and the sign taken down. This seems from shopping at J.C. Penney's that it is normal for them to have the sale sign on the wrong item. I find this to be a bad business practice and will have to think twice before shopping there again. Please see the attached pictures to prove my point.

Comment (0)

I placed an order for a pair of boots on jcp.com and had them shipped to the store. I was told they would be ready in 4-7 days 15 days later the store can't find my order called customer service no one can seem to track the shipment and on top of all that I have to wait 3-5 business days to hear from someone about a refund. This is the worst service I've ever had and very annoying. I will never order from them again!

Comment (0)

I was in the J.C. Penney store #0766 331 Brandon Town Center Brandon Fl 33511 on 10/0/16 @ 19:00 I went to the Jewelry dept. because I needed a battery for my watch. There was 3 cashier's working one Asian lady at one counter with a customer and 1 Asian, l white lady at the other counter with one J.C. Penney customer. I proceeded to the counter with 2 cashiers patiently waiting the white lady looked me in the face and didn't acknowledge me. So I went to the other counter and waited a gentle man with a beeper and wearing a red shirt came through the store and stood exactly where I stood. She was laughing with him.

She left that counter and went to another count still not acknowledging me. So I asked him if it was someone who could help me at the repair counter and he said sure and called her over. She came over to the counter and I told her that I wanted to get a battery for my watch. She went on, & on about I didn't get the watch from penny's, wanted to know where the back was I told her that I did, She really argued with me about my watch. Then she said that penny's only did that during the week. I told her I was traveling and just needed a battery.

She then told me that she didn't have one. I have never felt racism like I felt that day. I told her that I wanted to talk to management because she was very rude, she came from behind the counter and followed me to the other counter where I went to talk to the other cashier she came up on me I put my hand up and told her to give me 50 feet, she ask me not to put my hand up in her face, and I told her that she was in my space. Jocelyn came and I told her what I needed she check my watch, and replace the battery. She gave me the poor J.C. Penney customer service that I deserved.

I'm sure that you guy's have this on camera footage. This woman does not need to be working in customer service. She argued, with me about where I got my watch from as if I stole it, you may not have it then but you had it at 1 time. Then on top of all that she lied to me said that Penney's didn't have a battery. I have never been treated like that before.

Comment (0)

My complaint is that I was in line for the cards your store was giving out and the woman in front of me took my card and she started screaming it was my 100 off 100. I thought you were only allowed one card. At the end I received none because it was the last one. I don't know if the employee knew her but that was the worst experience ever.

Comment (1)

On August 6, 2016 I dropped off my Seiko Solar watch for a "clasp repair, since it was having a repair I opted to have the watch cleaned too. I was called in a day or two and informed the cost would be $34.00 to be serviced. I agreed to the cost and servicing. Estimated completion date, as per my Repair Claim Ticket was 9/3/2016. To date, and 6 calls to JC Penney's, my watch is not completed, speaking to 3 associates who are not sure "what is going on with the repair order, I am totally frustrated and worried my watch is not safe, returnable or repaired. I did not receive any call backs from the associate's, I had to do the follow-up back to the associates.

Two days ago, , I spoke to an associate who informed me she would be calling the company they sent the watch out for repair, and she would "call me back within an hour, no later than late in the afternoon. I spoke with her at 10:00 am. Well, here we go again. This is the 3rd day and no reply from associate. When I spoke to the associate 3 days ago, I stated to her, "this situation is unacceptable, and I want a new watch to replace the watch the store associate sent out for repair on 8/6/16.

No if's or but's. I have been patient, more than understanding since I had to call associates back after I was told they would call me. It is now Oct. 19, 2016 going into Nov. 2016. Service has been very poor, associates responses very poor, and the time frame of 8/6/16 to promised 9/2016 is way, way past over. And no one knows the status or whereabouts of my watch. This is very poor business for a very loyal and courteous customer with JC Penney.

Info on store is: JCPenny, Store # 2768, phone number: 609 889 7700 option #3 for Jewelry. My Repair Claim Ticket states: " In the event of damage or loss, the JCPenny Company will repair or replace the item at your option." Since I do not know if it is damaged, loss or "my watch" being returned, my option is to have my watch replaced with a new watch of same. I don't want "whatever they are going to give me at this point; too much time has been lost to know if it is my watch, someone else, or a used old watch lying around and be passed off to me!

I don't feel this is an unreasonable request due to the circumstances. I would like to pick up a new watch within 2 days at this store location. They do have them in the glass case. At this point, this is the only resolution I will accept. The service was a horrible experience, and I am very upset of the circumstances. Kindly inform the store, department, and associate of my request, and the ok to perform the transaction from J.C. Penney.

Comment (0)

I'm extremely upset with this JC Penney's company support, just had to call over ten times due to the call not transferring. Then they tell me I missed a credit card payment, when in fact I payed my payment. They raised my mind payment & I was unaware of the change. They charged me with a late fee. I'm taking my services else where asap. No wonder nobody pays attention to their products anymore.

Comment (1)

We received the wrong size of vertical blinds. It was ordered with the wrong size. I didn't notice it. Whether my husband wrote down the wrong size of whether numbers got transposed, I do not know. I called when we received this and was told as per the information stated in the box it was returnable, either by UPS or at the store. So, with the help of my 29 year old son and a borrowed SUV, we brought the vertical blinds back into the store. The lady who was called to the desk, Theresa was very rude.

She said the item was not returnable, they were all on a conference call..she didn't know how long it would last and I could wait if I wanted. After 40 minutes, we left. She said someone would call me. No one called. I asked her if I could buy the horizontal piece ( the one with the incorrect size) alone. She quote a price more than $100 more than my total purchase. This was after she originally said no, it couldn't be done. My son said this was the worst customer service that he ever experienced such poor customer service. We left.

I then went on line to write a complaint to JC Penny complain department but was told my order number was incorrect so it would not send the email. The order number was exactly what was printed on the order and listed as order number. I am upset upset.

Comment (0)

I made a purchase today at JCP store at your store in Brandon, Fl. I went to pay for purchase and I was shocked to see one of your clerks dressed in total black clothing from head to toe. I got out of line and went to another register to pay. I could not believe that Penny's would hire someone dressed like that . I think there are plenty of Americans that would love to have that job. I'm sure that I am not the only customer that noticed it. If they live here they should dress as we do, this is a slap in our face.

Comment (5)

Made a payment of $ 200.00 at the Hagerstown JC Penney on May 12, 2016. Got my statement today, May 31, 2016 and forum that the $200.00 payment had not been applied to my account and they charged me a late fee. Called customer service and gave them this info and the payment receipt info. Also told them the check cleared my account on May 17, 2016. Advised me that they see the payment but they could not apply? Gave me to another customer service person and things got worse.

They implied that we needed to send several documents to a given address before the payment could be applied even though JC Penney cashed our check. Total frustration trying to understand the customer service person communication so I abruptly hung up. Will take my frustration to the Hagerstown store where the payment was entered. Have been a customer for a long time ,but this incident has caused me to rethink my relationship with JC Penny.

Comment (0)

I called jcpenny corporate customer relations. A female by the name of Tiffany answered. I gave Tiffany the information that i was calling about and she continued to ask me the same questions over and over as if she didn’t know how to help or maybe she didn’t want to help. I asked to speak with someone higher and she told me that their was no one higher and that i was speaking to corporate. I asked Tiffany if she was the only one working in that area at that time and she danced around the question and told me once again that this was jcpenny corporate office that i was speaking with. I told Tiffany that i was going to hang up and try back to get someone else.

I called back Tiffany answered once again i then asked her if she was the only one working and she said once again this is corporate. I started talking to her letting her know that i needed someone higher up because she kept making me repeat my self. Tiffany push the music button on me, i told her that was rude and that i was going to ask someone higher to pull the call…strangely a supervisor named Shirley became available. Shirley took care of my needs; however, i am still reporting Tiffany. Beware of Tiffany at jcpenny corporate customer relations. This call between Tiffany and i took place at 4:43 pm on this day of January 30, 2016. I called back again at 4:46 pm please pull the calls.

Comment (0)

I bought a mattress on line and it did not fit the need of my wife to flat not good ask them to come and pick it up it took two month for them to come and it is 2016 and have not receive a refund as of yet spoke with different one's about it this happen in Sept. 2015 and this is 2016 need help this very, very poor service. They want me to paid $139.00 for restocking this item they need to price me I am still getting the run around help. It was sitting in my living room for almost 2 month I could not use this room.

Comment (0)

My husband ordered me a jewelry item and was told it would be in by Christmas. It wasn't. The customer service at Barton creek in the jewelry dept has been negative. They just said another customer is having to wait. No apologies no care. My husband had to go in person to check. It has been over. 2 weeks since it was supposed to be delivered. Never had a problem with J.C. Penney customer service in the past. This is our last purchase there.

Comment (0)

While shopping at the JCP at Barton Creek Square Mall in Austin, TX, I was harassed by an employee in the Men's department. I'm not sure of the name of this employee, he was an average height with wild curly hair. Employees and their managers should not be allowed to harass customers. I want action taken against this employee. I know many people who shop here, I will spread the word and let them know to no longer shop here or they will run the risk of being harassed by your employees. This complaint should be forwarded to the J.C. Penney corporate offices for review by management!

Comment (0)

At your Avenues Mall location, Jacksonville, FL, I was treated extremely rude by two associates: one reluctantly answered a question, the other totally contradicted the first and raised her voice at me. I had over $500 worth of merchandise, which I left at the second employees register. Train your employees with some customer curiosity. I'll never shop at Penny's again!

Comment (0)

I ordered a monogramed/personalized hand towel on line. I ordered the name in all capital letters and the color of the monogram to be black. I picked my item up from the store and discovered it was not monogramed as I had ordered. The monogram color was white and the name was wrong as Pastor, not capitalized as I ordered. I was also charged for shipping and handling even though this was a ship to store order. JC Penny took it upon their self to send what they wanted and not what I ordered, I should be credited in full and compensated with the correct merchandise as ordered. The mistake made was at the fault of JC Penny.

Comment (0)

On 1/23/15 I mailed a box of vacation clothes for my husband to Lehigh Acres FL $28.00 My husband arrived in FL on 1/28/15 calls me to let me know he did not receive the pkg. I call the FL PO and the tell me that they still have the pkg and they will deliver it today 29th husband calls no pkg I call the PO and they tell me I need to talk to the carrier I say okay they say he's out sick for a week and I should call back then I call back then and he tells me he wasn't working the day of the delivery I say let me talk to the person who did work that day she's not on till Saturday Now I call back and get a supervisor that can't understand why my pkg says it was delivered at 10:04 am because the carriers do not leave for delivery till at least 11:00am.

I try calling a couple more times with no answers fast forward My brother in law calls and tells me he received the pkg I call the FL PO office and talk to a supervisor and I tell her that the pkg somehow appeared and she said that she found it in the supply room and that it was scanned on 1/27/15 as POSTAL SUPPLIES and that when she was putting things away in the back room that she came across it and since she had just talked to me she knew to get it delivered . I was instructed to have him bring the pkg to the PO and reject delivery The supervisor in FL told me this was the fastest way of getting the pkg back I asked if she could handle the transaction in FL and she said No she was on her way to a doctors appt but she would talk to the post master (Jackie) and let her know what was going on.

My brother in law goes there and asks for Jackie and she has no idea what he was talking about he rejects delivery on the 2/17 I was told it would go out that day they try delivering it back to my brother in law TWO more time finally I ask my PO in MN to call down there and please have them get me my damn package she does and I see it a week later I call the complaint department which was a total waste of my time They know and admit that this whole transaction was a total FIASCO but there is nothing they can do but apologize It was scanned as postal supplies with the postal supply scanner and I get an " I'm sorry" Well la di da 44 days 18 phone calls 5 different individuals I'm the SORRY one Thanks for nothn'

Comment (0)

Twice now I have gotten new buttons from my local JCP store and have entered them and a message comes up saying these codes were already entered, but they were brand new buttons.

I returned them to my local store. The first time it was four buttons and the cashier took them, threw them away and gave me 4 new ones. Of those 4 new ones, 3 of them also said that they were already entered.

At that time they were all out of buttons and do not plan on getting any more. I would like to at least get new codes for these buttons that I have in my possession right now to see if I have been a winner or not. The codes are 3wbxqzs, kwjhwnn, 45rmaca.

Last week I entered the code off of one of my buttons and was told that it was a $10.00 winner ant that I would receive a coupon in the mail. Here is it a week later and I never received anything. I called JCPenney and they gave me a web site to go to but it doesn't work.

I have still not received my coupon and when I called the store where I received the buttons in the first place they told me I could come back and they would give me more buttons but that is a 30 mile drive one way for me. I have been a loyal customer at JCPenney for years but right now I am very dissatisfied with them.

Please respond before the deadline of the contest.

Comment (0)

Dear JCPenney's: I had some difficulty in locating your homepage red button for the code entry as none of your instruction, links or pages held the infamous button noted in the instructions. I was finally successful & posted my findings:

1. Go the the official JCPenney web page
2. Enter jcp.com/christmas
3. When at new page enter your e-mail address and you will then be presented a page with the red button & can enter your codes.

This process was successful for me but it did take some attempts and a desire to be successful. Your site is not working as indicated per your instructions. Thank you for you time and Happy Holidays!

I would like to say I am very disappointed in JCPenney. First of all the very burst button I got dated I won $10 dollars. An I have yet to receive that. No email to print out nothing. An then I had 2 more bottoms that when I put the codes in I never got an email saying I won or lost.

So I tries to re enter an it dates those have already been entered. Ok I that's the case then where is my response on winning. I would like my winnings an compensation for what happen. I love penny's an shop there at least twice a week an now will probably never shop there again. I'm discussed with the way things were handled.

An since I can't get a JCPenney credit card from y'all I'm very pusses. You know not everyone has perfect credit but have awesome payment history on other stuff. So I want something done about this or ill go higher up to y'all's Bose an get my compensations.

I shopped at JCPenney and received a bunch of buttons for all the Christmas shopping I have done there. Not one Time has the comp. gone through to see if I won any gifts. I think it was a scam to get my email to send out info. This is not right.

It's very difficult to read the Christmas captcha's so i can see if i won anything & i won some of the JCPenney discount coupons but they didn't come with the upc codes & i tried to use those again they wouldn't work so i'm out the 10.00$ i could have saved because YOUR web site said they were already used!!

Now i'm out!! I'm 50 years old & don't have time for all this hassle just to save a few bucks!! Why do you put your customers thru all this hoop jumping & frustration??!! I like JCP but come on this sucks! And then i have to do ANOTHER STUPID CAPTCHA AT THE BOTTOM THANKS A LOT!

The first 4 Christmas buttons I received worked just fine, but these last 2 are a pain. I worked for 1 hour on one button code and only got a invalid captcha message on the next one I received a message that the 7 digit code was incorrect. How do I send this by mail to JCPenney?

My husband and I won twice and we can most certainly use these gifts!

Comment (0)

I was in JCP yesterday to make an exchange, I had bought a pair of clearance tennis shoes in the Tracy store last week. I had a handfull of toddlers with me and was unable to try them on, I bought them as they were the last pair and figured if they did not work out, JCP has 'hassle free happy returns'...Well of course they did not work out and I went to exchange them for a pair of boots for my daughter yesterday and ANGIE refused to do the return.

She said that because I had used my winnings from the buttons I would only get a 4 dollar credit. Before speaking with her an associate at a different register said if I returned the shoes I would get 4$ but if I exchanged for other merchandise I would get the full 36$ toward the new purchase. ANGIE wanted me to walk her across the store and point out the associate that said this... I had my children with me and I was not going to haul them across the store just to get some poor girl in trouble..It is not the girls fault it is the managements fault that their staff is unaware of the policies. Angie was smirking the entire time being extremely rude. I ended up leaving the store in tears with the same tennis shoes I walked in with.

I grew up in JCP my dad was a store manager for 35 years, I am a dedicated customer and go into JCP on a weekly basis. I have a JCP gold rewards card that I keep in good standings. I understand that maybe that is the policy but I was misinformed by other staff and the exchange should have been honored. I am disappointed in the customer service I received and I must say I do not look forward to visiting JCP anytime soon.

I know that JCP is all about having satisfied customers and they failed to do that yesterday. Now I am left with these shoes that do not fit and have lost 30$ of my winnings from buttons. JCP was not going to lose anything in the exchange process and I know that they would turn around and sell those shoes for the price I paid so then they are making double on those shoes because they would have only returned 4$ to me. The whole situation is very upsetting and I was a part of the JCP family for a long time and this is not the way it should be.

Comment (0)

After winning 3 times with the buttons (one $5 and 2 $10 coupons) much earlier in the season, the last 8 buttons either don't work when the CORRECT letters/numbers are put in, or the message tells me those numbers/letters have already been used. Why are the sales people giving out "used" buttons?

Over the course of the last week my husband and I received 4 holiday buttons from your Stonecrest Mall Store in Lithonia, Georgia. When we input the numbers online, we got a message that the buttons had already been used! Here are the numbers: y252e4a, vjvvfqr, zamnpau, busu2tj.

I think there is some fraud going on at the store were people are checking the button inventory for winners and passing the codes on to people they know to redeem the reward. I mentioned it to my sister and she had the same outcome with a couple of the buttons she received.

This promotion has an easy exposure for fraud since the codes are readily visable and people can use their cellphones to check them. If you decide to use it again, buttons should be in some kind of wrapper. I love JC Penney so I was dissappointed to see what happened with your button promotion.

Comment (0)

What marketing genius in upper management decided to discontinue carrying JCPenny Pantyhose? Some hot shot college grad, no doubt. What are women supposed to do? Listen, bub, not all women, regardless of age, have been blessed to have the perfect, model-like legs to go bare-skinned. And just because tights and leggings are in fashion doesn't mean ALL women want to wear them. Who actually manufactures the JCP hose? I will buy directly from them, thank you very much. And by the way, your website stinks.

Apparently the hose were supposed to be available online, (yes i know, while supplies last) so i put several pair in my cart, noted that they were on backorder, went to checkout, put in a free shipping code, & suddenly all my items are deleted. I went back, put the items in my cart again, and suddenly they are no longer available at all? Then why were they still shown on the site to begin with? A couple of months ago I tried to order them & it said they were out of stock. But then today they are available on backorder but then suddenly out of stock again!? Figure out if they are available or not & stop misleading the consumer!

Comment (0)

I took my son for a free haircut at the Wellington Green Mall today. I was told by the salon that today would be the last day for this service. They said JCPenneys was stopping the program. I can't seem to find this information anywhere online at your websites. I just wanted to verify that the information is in fact correct and it will no longer be offered to children. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Debbie Bechalany

Comment (0)

All excited to go to function looking great. Spanx order > arrived approx time when expected..attached was security tag ..the tag that is removed when purchased in store. Can't believe this hindered me from looking gr8 and when needed. I Spend a lot of dollars at your store and have recommended to all my friends. Saddens me that your Quality Control was so non par! $61.62 was money wasted for you to de-value me as a good customer...Now I have to make a trip to store, but after the moment that I needed it the most.

Comment (0)

I had my hair done today Penney in Hobart Indiana 219-7382155 ..first it was dyed red,orange.brown I told girl to fix well she then dyed it black!!and said that was all they could do for me also I am a breast cancer surv.. She wouldn't even cut my hair . And she didn't not fix black. I said I was not walking out like that she said that's all I can do for you apparently the mangment is just as. Lame as the manager Beth would not talk to me or return my calls the people in this store said to me that's a shame Beth is leaving right now bye bye mayb you should not hire preschoolers for such an upscale job!!!! They said I could try to call Beth in the morning. Maybe she could help me.. Then..I have globs of dye all over my face my neck I informed them I was showing up in morning globs included they need to do their jobs right!!!! And fix this horrific .so called hairstyle I have a job a family and I have to b seen out in public like this . This is. It right . This is a hair nightmare from penneys . Please help me .

Comment (0)

to whom it may concern: I live in NYC i went to the JCP store in Bay Plaza Mall to buy the Invicta watch 051-5177 (price) $262.00 that your advisement have in the web . Unfortunally the store ran out of it. I try to buy it through the web but it's also unavailable. My question is, can I get this watch for the same price when ever become available in the store or web. if your answer is yes send me an e-mail or a code number to be able to get it at the same price. Excuse me to write in this section but i didn't know where to go to ask my question. By the way Bronx staff from JCP at Bay plaza mall are exceptional, especially Mr. Kenneth that gave me the extra mile to help me. He went to so many to try to find me the watch. Thank you in advance for your answer. Margarita

Comment (0)

JC Penney store in Searcy Arkansas. This store has some of the kindest employees working in the most poorly stocked JCP! This was once a GREAT store and now its turned into a place to pick up online orders at best. Even that had been made more difficult with the closing of the catalog dept! Was that the intention?

While Little Rock is not too (30ish miles!) much further to drive, we in Searcy try to push the "shop local" mantra. I've used the online catalog a lot this year therefor am wondering if thats what you are shooting for? Sometimes it nice to actually shop in the store.

Or it used to be, not anymore at this location. I feel If your store doesn't care about our little town maybe we should take our business to one of the other local businesses that does. Sorry JCP but If I'm going to have to travel the extra distance, there's much better competition for you in Little Rock that I will be utilizing.

I'll miss shopping at JCP and may still utilize your catalog occasionally but my days of shopping inside your stores is sadly gone.Whoever is responsible for these recent changes has thoroughly ruined my once favorite store. Thanks CEO I hope you makes lots of profit. (sarcasm, of course)

Comment (1)

I was in Jcpenny's in Washington, MO last night to buy a wedding gift and I had received some rewards certificates. When I went to check out I requested a gift receipt and they informed me that if the gift was brought back that they could only exchange the gift for the balance that I owed after the certificates. This does not make any sense. I have been a loyal customer and to here that I was purchasing over $70.00 in goods, but it the gift need to be exchanged they could only exchange for the balance of $2.82 is insane. I was very shocked and in the future will be looking for a new retailer.

Comment (0)

I need to speak with the JCPenney manger regarding my picture that was taken on Saturday. I'm writing for several reasons: my appointment was at 12.50pm I was not called until three. The guy that took the picture angel was ok, the girl that was helping was rude she did not want to hear anything I had to say.

I told them I wanted to a Christmas and birthday for my daughter and the outcome was a disaster . I try to speak with shanell but was unsuccessful the other girl who said she was the assistant ( pointless ) she was very rude and I use the term"rude" loosely.

At this point I would prefer to speak with a live person instead of emailing so I can explain this better.

Disappointed JCPenney customer- Shiva

Comment (0)

I put in my JCP Christmas buttons code and at the time I did not know that the email account had been deleted. When I restored the account it sent all the emails back to the senders. When I tried to reenter the code it would not let me because it had been entered once before. Is there any way I can reenter to see if it won anything?

When you enter the code and the security Captcha, the site does not work. I double check all of the information on my end and it still does not work. JCP needs to get this fixed. The promotion end and I still have several buttons to enter. No promotion if people cannot get prizes!! Will not shop at JCP and tell friends and relatives to shop there either if they cannot fix the site!!

I Entered 2 JCP Christmas buttons and never got a response as to whether or not they were winners. I tried to re-enter them and they said they were already used. Not sure when to call or talk to about this problem. I called an 800 number and they gave me this email and said I would receive a response within 24 hours.

Comment (0)

I finally get a winner and it wont accept the Captcha codes you have at the end! Ive lowered my security ....stopped my pop up blockers and it still doesnt work! I have one hour in on a $10 winner! your button promotion sucks and so does your site! No need for endless e-mails keep your $10 and I'll shop somewhere else!this is where I'm not proud to be an American! I visited your jcp store in the Columbia Mall on Saturday December 15th and requested buttons for the current button campaign.

One of your store clerks in the linen and clothing Department issued me some buttons for entry. I entered the buttons as I had done before on previous entries, but every one of the buttons that she gave me gave the message that the button had been used before. I made another trip on December 17 2012 at the Prince George's Customer Service Desk and was issued two buttons which again gave me a message that those buttons had been used before.. This is very frustrating, because it seems that the store employes are entering the buttons then giving them to unsuspecting customers. I would appreciate an inquiry into this obviously fraudulent activity at your stores.

Comment (0)

I recently called to make an appointment with the optometry department at the Glendale galleria JC Penney and was told to go elsewhere because they wanted me to be happy. I had my glasses made there in the past and was very happy with them. I made the mistake of going to the JC Penney in Valencia, but after several visits they couldn't get my prescription right. I got a refund and called the JC Penney in Glendale to schedule an appointment and explain my situation, I was told to go elsewhere so I could be happy. All I wanted was to get my prescription done right.

Comment (0)

I have 2 buttons I received from Jceppeny. I go to jcp.com/christmas to enter the codes and I put in the captcha and every time and it tells me it is incorrect. I have done this 30 times at least!! I KNOW I am putting the codes in correct!!

work in techincal support and help people with these captcha's all the time, something is clearly wrong! Please fix so I can enter my codes!!

I have won twice with the buttons but the last two I received will not register. It keeps saying wrong captcha. It is not wrong just will not register. This is very annoying and misleading. Now I see there is another captcha on this page.

First I love this promotion, and has cased me to go in a jcp almost every other day to see sales and get buttons, the captca is a pain in the but but i can usually get it to work on the second try its a pain but i don't mind its free money, lol.

The problem i have is i keep getting "there seams to be a problem with your 7 digit code" error? ill try a few times on each code once again not the captca error its a problem saying the code is ivallad and yes im typing it in correct i have 20/20 as well as had my wife double check.

Bottom line ether some of the codes are bad or my other thought is some one at the store has already used it ? but out of 16 buttons 7 are no good, i did win 15 bucks totle tho,woot woot. but it makes me think i have a trip code or something that just isnt working or some one else used? Any ideas

Hope it works!

Comment (0)

I have been a shopper in your store for years. I went in tonight and looked through your Arizona Jeans and didn't find my inseam size which is a size 36. I was told that they don't carry them anymore only online. I went online and found out that the size of inseams only went up to 34. I have gone to your big and tall section and have only found a wide waist selection there.
I have been to many different stores, wal-mart, target, etc. They only go up to 34 inseam if that. The big and tall stores said I was too short and I fell through the cracks. I have been told before that the Arizona Jeans bootcut 36x36 was a popular and often fly off of the shelfs when they come in. I don't understand why you wouldn't carry a product anymore if it was popular. Please bring this product back into your stores.

Comment (0)

Once again I was disappointed with the severe shortage of merchandise. I used to go there because I could always find and unusual item or something that I didn't realize that I just had to have. My hard to please family could always find clothing there, but not anymore. You no longer carry jeans that have big legs; the children’s section is nowhere to be found. What happen to bedding and bath? Career clothes in all white!!!

Comment (0)

I was told by a JC Penney Supervisor to get a Git Card and order on line on 11/23. The supervisor then check to see if my items were availalbe and they were so we ordered 3 different pair of Arizona jeans size 36 x 36 and paid with Gift Card which she kept. I was told I would have then no later than the 2nd and now not only am I still waiting I am now being told 1 pair is no longer available. They will credit my gift card which I don't have. I will never shop JC Penney on line again. When Walmart says shipped in 3 to 5 days they mean it. JC Penney apparently does not care what they tell you as long as they get your money.

Comment (0)

I used my Penny's card quite frequently until the change in the store. Although I don't care for the new store idea, I still shop try to shop there once in a while. First of all the store hours are not posted on the door, nor does the phone service work when prompted to get those hours.

Secondly, the prices are not as good and the quality is just a little better than it used to be. Lastly, I made a trip 20 miles today to go there after I couldn't find any information saying they were closed for Easter to arrive to a closed store with no sign or and advertisement about being closed.

This is not good customer relations or marketing. Just wanted to give my input.

Thank you.

Comment (0)

I have done for a few years most of my shopping at JC Penney. Last Friday broke the straw on the camels back. I don't like the changes you have made to the store and guess you no longer want my business. Last Friday I was talking with several woman who felt the same way and we ended up at Kohl's. My favorite cloths are gone and I don't like the way the store has been remodeled and your poor selection of Christmas items. I really loved shopping at J C Penney in the past and taking my grandchildren but I guess those days are gone.

Comment (0)

I have been a JCPenney customer for 30-something years. I think their merchandise is great, fashionable, reasonably priced, great sale opportunities but I have got to write in about the latest commercial being played in the Charlotte, North Carolina market. It is a commercial of people screaming about sales. It is the most irritating commercial I have ever seen. Whether it plays in the evening when I'm watching the news or in the middle of the night waking me up and scaring me to death, I hate it.

I have never lodged a complaint with any merchandisers but PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! I am not psycho but it actually makes me mad when it comes on. Its an obnoxious commercial. Thank you for your consideration.

Your current commercial that is being aired on TV that shows all these super annoying screaming people is a horrible thing. My little grandchildren were here and were frightened, asking in a distraught way, "What's wrong with them, Grandma?" We can't get to the remote fast enough to hit the mute button. Perhaps you think this ad will "get our attention" and therefore, we'll follow up with whatever you are promoting. WRONG. I don't even know what message you are trying to get across.

And frankly, I don't care to find out what it is - any company that would produce something this annoying (and frightening to children) doesn't deserve my business -- I won't be visiting any Penney's stores anytime soon.

Comment (0)

This Sunday's paper (02/17/13) included an advertisement titled Spring Stock up: Save Big (jcpenny). on the back is a picture of a young couple 25% off Jockey. The picture (male) is far too risque as far as sexually impropriety goes (call it smut, degrading, shameful, perverted, negatively suggestive. or whatever) Some of your customers still have morals) Just about the time I am ready to shop at jcpennys this shows up. Sorry you just lost my business.

Comment (0)

Yesterday I was in Penney's in Lafayette, Indiana. Normally I have a great time shopping there and find all kinds of things I want. The staff are usually very helpful; too, but yesterday they seemed a bit flustered. Throughout the store there were large while "things" that took up a lot of space. I couldn't tell what they were or if they even had a purpose.

With these "things" all over it seemed like merchandise was in places it shoulldn't be and I had great difficulty finding more than a few selection of my favorite desginer Alfred Dunner. While checking out my concerns the really nice saleslady suggested I use the we site and my access code to tell the poers that be my concerns.

I got so mixed up trying to find the right thing to use got the jcpenney.com/survery but on it was asked numerous very personal questions and nowhere was there a space for me to list any concerns at all. So, please read my above listed concerns and tell me what you are going to do about the. I want to keep shopping at Penneys, but only if I can find the things I want - and easily!

Comment (0)

I have been shopping for Christmas at J C Penny in Altamonte Springs Florida mall all during the button a. I followed directions and put the code in on sister given for giveaway. All but our button said already used. My sister came to visit and she also opened a first time account and was given buttons with the same results.I and many of my friends feel its a rip off to get people to shop there.

We also feel that the only people that could be using these buttons are workers and then putting them back to give to customers. I am a big time shopper of JCP and is very angry and thinking of cutting up my card.

I received a button from the JCP button promo and my number is invalid. Is there any way to get in touch with someone from JCP store so I can see if I won anything? I called and they gave me an address to write to . I did that and to no avail. This is frustrating.

Like several of other shoppers. I have notices that if I win a $10 certificate, I have a hard time trying to get the certificate. So far I have missed out on three. What to do?

These buttons are a farce to get us old people into their stores. They do not work. have to keep entering stuff in and to no avail. This is the worst scam ever by JCP. I will never shop at JCP again, this is terrible.

I entered my codes never receiving email as to if I won or not. Can you tell me 1) wmgb4f4 2) vtfgwk5 had 2 more saying already used. I shopped at Florence SC JCP.

Comment (0)

I have placed 3 separate orders since mid November 2012. All 3 orders have been cancelled due to " the supplier!" I thought JCPenney was the supplier! Received a post card just a few days ago stating to expect my order made 12/07/12 within 2 wks. Today I learned that the order has been cancelled! please explain to me why I should not be.frustrated not to mention angry.

I deserve an explanation from JCPenney on why they advertise items in their catalog but are not able to satisfy the orders. I will never use your JCPenney credit card again or your retail services. I have purchased several items from the local retail store for this holiday season I am now sorry to say. If it wasn't Christmas Eve I would return them today!!

I want a response from you JCPenney! I believe your catalog service is a sham! I am sincere when I say I will never go into another one of your stores and will be sure to spread the word!

Comment (0)

I`ve already put in 8 button codes-------nothing---no responce----Am I wasting my time putting my codes in. I still have 7 more to enter. So far i`ve entered codes wujzqvv , fgmnkf , cpxf4s2, rrxwqmz, j5sgqz, zpntqsq, kizsehg, qchwfxd. No responce!!!!! Now I have 7 more button codes to enter c2wnysc, nmsuv32, e3xurpx, sztbrqy, tumf2pz, s2pna3e, uxbaz3h.

Ok whats the next step. I noticed I`m not the only complaining customer you have several before my complaint. I would appreciate an answer to my complaint as soon as you receive my complain. I`m surprised someone hasn`t gone to Channel 8 news and let them know that this like a fraudulant come on to get extra business. I do know it is a way of loosing customers. O

ther customers are complaining that your company isn`t answering their complaints at all so 24 hours is wrong. My dad always told me you never receive something for nothing. He told the truth .

I have read several complaints about JCP button campaign and the fact that many of the 7-digit codes that people are being given are coming up as, ALREADY USED! It was suspected my a previous customer who complained that it might be JCP employees, I supposed that is possible.

I just wanted to let everyone know, it's happening in my area as well. I live in NW Missiouri, North of Kansas City and my last few trips to JCP which included approximately 14 buttons have turned up as, "ALREADY USED!!" I've spoken to friends and it's the same for them, every button is either coming up as, "ALREADY USED" OR "SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN".

I would imagine that if JCP is getting enough heat over this it would be very easy for them to remove their, "ALREADY USED" response and replace all with "SORRY, YOU DIDN'T WIN", either way it's a massive screwup on JCP's part, the fallout is huge. Curious to see how they plan to correct this dishonest blunder!?!

Comment (0)

Hello, I just purchased a CD at JCP studio for $149 (refular price) on November 11, 2012. The CD is already going for $49 on Nov 23, and about $89 on other dates. I really like the CD but I am very unsatisfied that I am not able to print the enhanced pictures from it. I have been getting a run around from Walgreens and WalMart. I have contacted JCPBy phone and went to the studio to seek a solution where I can get the odd sizes printed out.

One rep promised to call – never did, the other one called and offered to print at JCP for $25.00 I have already spent a fortune on that CD that is only good for downloading and not printing the pictures. I am really upset since I was advised at JCP that I should not have any issues with printing the pictures out. The rep talked us into getting the CD and I am not sure what to do. There is no other choice but write to you about it.

Comment (0)

I am a semi regular customer at the JC Penney store in Rome, New York. What I witnessed a male employee doing to 2 female employees in front of customers was appalling! On Monday April 1st I was towards the front of store when I heard yelling behind me...it was around noon and I was browsing with a friend. I turned to see a balding male employee around 6 ft tall yelling, no screaming in the face of a petite blonde employee whose name tag said Cheryl, another female employee with name tag saying Kim was beside her. He screamed "what do you think you are doing? Why are you asking me stupid questions?!" I believe the poor woman in trying to reply called him Jim. He was so intimidating, trying to humiliate them and treating them in such a demeaning and verbally abusive way, and in front of customers was horrible! I was so upset I was going to step in but my friend said report him. He continued as I left the store. I will never shop there again if I see him when I am there. There is no way he should have his job. If he did that to my wife he would be in the hospital and JC Penney corporate would be facing a huge lawsuit. Please don't ignore this as this was so bad I can't believe he acted like this to employees no less women!

Comment (0)

This complaint dates back to 12/2012 when I emailed jcpennyI disgust my dec pmt error from my bank. It was 1day late and tacked on a fee. The next bill minimum pmt due was ontop on the late fee and each month after. Even know my bill was pd on time. I was charged because of the minimum pmt due was with the fee that should have never been charged to my account in the first place. I received 7 letters from JCPenny all dated the same day regarding the 35.00 late fee. How does something like this happen with such a reputable and professional Company. I've have such a problem trying to fix one late fee from December 2012 and it has spiral out of control. I would like JC Penny to look at my account as a account holder and consumer and not just a number. Please help me with these error(s).

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

42.153846153846
  • HEB
    (29 reviews)
    32.413793103448

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?