J.C. Penney Customer Service

Contact J.C. Penney Corporate

Welcome to the J.C. Penney complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against J.C. Penney online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the J.C. Penney corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

J.C. Penney Contact Information

• HEB
    (45 reviews)
    30.222222222222

Top J.C. Penney Complaints

Ordered 4 items online for Christmas on 11/23/18. Received 3 out of the 4 and 4th was still showing in transit as of 12/5/18 - never rec'd it. I called customer service & was told by a representative, Brian, that I had to file a claim with UPS. I asked why I should file a claim as I paid JC Penney and they should refund my money. He was very rude to me and said how do they know I didn't receive it? I said if you look on UPS tracking it shows - "in transit" and not delivered. Every time I tried to speak he talked over me. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said he was a supervisor but could only give me first name and not last due to "security issues". I filed a claim with UPS but said they have to reimburse JC Penney - when I asked why I was not being reimbursed for an item that I had already paid for and not received, they said that is how it works with JC Penney.

As of this date, I have not had my money returned for the item nor has anyone reached out to follow up with me. Very poor service. My shipment order no. was 2018-3276-2146-2434. I never received the product which was a sterling silver necklace which was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my daughter-in-law. I want my money back asap and will probably not use JC Penney online in the future as too much hassle if an item is not received.

Placed a order for adjustable bed frame and mattress 11/12/18.
A told shipper cancelled part of our order and have lost the other. We were advised to reorder which we did. As of today we are still waiting to hear from anyone and have been charged for both orders.

To whom it may concern

My mother (Peggy Pettaway 252-864-1866) bought my daughter a bracelet from JC Penny for her birthday in August 2018. The bracelet was on sale if she used her JC Penny's credit card, in which she did. My mother used her credit card AND gave the cashier the money for bracelet. A month later my mother received a bill for the bracelet and went back to the store (in Greenville, NC) and showed her receipt that she paid for the bracelet. My mother explained to someone in customer service that she already paid for the bracelet. The manager said she would look on the camera to see if she actually did pay with the credit card and pay the money but the manager stated she couldn't find the video. My mother finally told the manager that she would pay for the bracelet again but she would never enter or buy anything else for the store. The total for the bracelet was over 100.00 and it is not fair that my mother has to pay twice for this bracelet. My mother shops has your store often and you have lost a valued customer.

I was at the camp hill JC Pennys 12/19/19. I saw these earring on a table for $25.00. It was a special. I picked up a box and asked the associate if they were $25. She said yes. So I went to purchase the earrings & she said the ones I picked up were more. They were a bit bigger of a stone. I said I asked you & you said they were $25. She said well these pair are not. I showed her the empty spot on the table where I picked them up. Turns out they were the only ones of that size. If all the ones on the table the ones I picked up were more. I asked for a manager. Manager said oh these are more than &25. They were I think she said $149. I said I should get them for what the sign said. She said well the ones I picked were more & the sign said the smaller stone was $25 but there was one sign, all the earting boxes were the same size & I picked the ones that were a bit bigger not knowing they were any different. They would not give me the earrings for the same price so all the stuff I bought at Penny’s over $500 worth, I’m taking back. So disappointed!!!!!

The worst store ever. Hiram Square has the rudest employees on the planet. They do not care about their customers; therefore, they do not care about people. I have been waiting on an order to be delivered and they are not helpful at all. Keep telling me to buy from another store without providing me with the items I have already paid for.

i purchased 3 xersion lightweight womens puffer jackets lst year 2 of them the zippers are broke i would think that they should not have any issues being year old and to get new zippers would cost me 30.00 each which i am not going to do,will you take care of this problem
joann mclain

You just finished the Sweet Sale tonight. I could care less about the candy but wanted the discount as I was buying Christmas Presents. I ask one associate where to get the candy..she said Mens Dept. I went to Mens Dept and I found a person walking through that worked there and she said it's over..we ran out about 3pm. It was 5pm when i got there from work. She started walking away and I said can I speak to a manager..she,said she was. Is there any way i can get a discount of any kind. She said no. So i put everything down and went to kohls. How fair is it that because i worked and finally got there and get turned away and they could care less. They could have ran out on Friday and no one would have gotten any Saturday. She could have even offered me the lowest discount and I would have been happy, but nothing!! So much for Customer Relations. It was a wasted trip and wasted time. This was the Saratoga Springs, N.Y. store.

I purchased a Cooks Air popper and the sign said that I would get a $14 rebate but was told by the cashier to go online to get it and that they don't have any in the store. I checked online and could not find any rebatess for this item so I just called the small appliance dept.
and they told me that they do not have any rebates eligible for that product. This is false and deceiving advertising by JCPenney. I will never buy another appliance from this store. My name is Cynthia Davis and please contact me at (314) 495-5046.
I am very displeased and upset.
I thought that I could trust JCpenney but I was wrong. I hate to be lied to and then no one gives a damn because they have your money and I'll let others know about this as well.
Reason of review: rebate not eligible.
Monetary Loss: $14.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.
I didn't like: Store or staff.

I recently purchased a new pair of glasses from your optical department. I received a voicemail message that my glasses were in and I could pick them up 10/26/18 between 10am to 6pm. Well I was there at 10 am and nobody was in department. I asked for a manager and store manager named Kristen told me there was nothing she could do? BAD ANSWER! Your communication is HORRIBLE! You leave me a message that my glasses were in and when I could pick them up and nobody was there? I was getting "there was a miscommunication? REALLY? So I wasted 40 minutes for someone to finally show up. Mall manager kept saying was "I apologize". I am almost a platinum customer and have been shopping JCP all my life and I am now 62. Well. today was my last time EVER shopping at JCP and understand why they are going out of business! No offer to compensate no nothing...manger simply did not care! So , now I don't care about JCP! VERY upset and disgruntled customer!! David Lamb

To Whom It May Concern:

On October 06, 2018 my daughter, Jennifer Lafferty, had made a purchase of seven men’s T—shirts from J. C. Penny’s on line shopping.

The pick up date was scheduled for October 15-18 to the Poughkeepsie Galleria. When checking on the order, my daughter found out that two of the T—shirts were on back order but that five had already been shipped to the store.

When she informed me that five of the shirts were in, my husband, for whom the shirts were ordered, made the 40 minute drive to J.C.Penny, Poughkeepsie, NY to pick up those that had arrived.

Upon arriving at the store he verified all necessary information to the clerk but was then told he could NOT receive the ones that had come in due to a rule that the entire order must be available before pick up.

Nowhere in your email confirmation does this rule appear. Also, when speaking with one of your rep’s on the phone, this information was NOT provided, making this trip to Poughkeepsie an unnecessary one!

This action caused loss of time, gas and only succeeded in producing stress and aggravation. In lieu of this, I thanked my daughter for her efforts but told her to cancel the order as there is no telling how long it will take for the remainder of the items to arrive and we were not planning another trip to Poughkeepsie in the near future.

It is my hope that J. C. Penny perfects their practice in serving the customer and they don’t follow down the road of Sears and K—Mart.

Respectfully,

Dawn Lafferty

I can't get my decorator to come back to finish the job she started. Won't answer emails. Nancy Cubbage

Went to Chesapeake Mall tonight to purchase hair products from the salon. Employee was assisting someone when we got there. We stood there for 10 minutes and she never addressed us. My husband asked her to help us when she was done, she never acknowledged us. After 15 minutes of being ignored, we walked out! This young employee needs customer service training , you lost a sale tonight and a customer, how many more?

I ordered curtains online. They were expected at in store pickup on the 17th. Things happen I know, but I still chatted with your online chat service to see the curtains whereabouts. They told me yesterday that my curtains were delivered to the store yesterday, Friday the 21st, and to contact the store because they probably were not scanned in yet. I contacted the store like I was directed to on Saturday the 22nd. I told the online order lady the situation, to which she laughed at me. After looking up my order she told me it still wasn’t scanned in and to call back Monday or Tuesday, because she wouldn’t be able to look through all the packages for mine.

We bought a refrigerator on 9/2. Order number 2018-2455-4087-6544. It was delivered today with huge dents on the front of the Frigidaire Gallary. They put our refrigerator in our garage and now we do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen and can’t park our car in the garage. I called Paris in customer service and he refused to give me his bosses phone number. He is the MA manager. He said he would fill out a case number but could not give me the information. I must say JC Penny really let me down. Now our old refrigerator is in the garage that still works. I was told that they have to order a new one. Paris said I turned down replacement parts. I was never offered replacement parts and I want a new refrigerator. I can’t believe a 100 year old company forgot how to take care of customers. Because of this, I want a refund for the refrigerator and I will buy from a different company that cares about their customer. . Refund my money immediately.

I frequent the Instyle Salon in Goodyear, AZ on Mc Dowell on a bases. I love the stylist I see and she always is friendly and professional. I was there yesterday and while I was getting my hair shampooed the Manager Janice Woodruff came to the back and in a unprofessional and disrespectful manner asked the girls who were working. what the problem was with the sinks. Instead of nicely asking she stormed in the room and addressed the issue.

As a regular client there, I found her attitude annoying and disrespectful to the girls working there.. I expect to come into any salon and hear what the problems are. I do expect a pleasant and relaxing experience. Perhaps these issues should be addressed away from clients and Janice should learn how to address co workers in a professional manner.

August 1 I was shopping the Central Mall store in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I wanted to buy the $25 diamond ring I got the notice on my I pad for. The clerk was rude and abrupt saying sold out ad started last week. this morning that same ad is in the Fort Smith Times Record. There also was a big display with multiple identical boxes of sterling silver 2 pair earrings that were priced $49 on sale for $10. When I went to check out she said they were $32. I feel this is false advertising. In my attempt to finish my shopping I went to the online site, but it would not take my discount coupon. I also feel that this store merchandise Is less and less every month. I have been a loyal shopper at Pennys for many years. But if this practice is not improved I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. I appreciate your attention to this matter. You may reach me at 479 369 2087. Thank you.

I was on line ordering three items and when I finish only one item showed up on screen . So, I went back trying to correct it and ending up getting two invoices. Now I,m stuck with the same items twice. When I called your customer service they told me that I did not call in time to cancel one of the orders. All of this was done within the span of an hour not the next day or last week. Being told that I will have to send one of the packages back is distrubing to me.. I,m a senior and do not get around because of my leg. Please help. Invoice numbers are 2018 1975 4040 0934 and 20181976 2042 5488.

I have bought St. John's Bay tees at Penney's for years. The store didn't have any in navy so I ordered four online thinking they were be the same that I have bought in the past. They were very inferior and didn't fit the same. I returned them to the store but didn't receive a full refund. I called customer when I got home and spent over 30 minutes with them trying to pull up the order. I had my receipt with the order number. I guess they didn't refund the shipping. I certainly don't think I should pay shipping for something that is poor quality and not the same as the product was in the past. Then today I checked on a rebate for an air fryer that I bought at Penney''s May 4th. I had to do the live chat online and then call Penney's rebate center. The card was sent to my post office box number but in a different town. The representative said someone keyed in the wrong zip code. My zip code is 76226 and the other zip code was 76247…....not even close. I think I am finished shopping at Penney's after spending too much time trying to take care of problems they created. Penney's has problems.

on may 24 2018 I purchase a mattress and bed frame on store # 2934,was suppose to get it in two weeks.it never happen. I started calling on June 8-11-12-13-14. call at least 6 to 7 time daily, no one knew about my order, I was told that my order was cancel by the vender. I call and told them that I had the bill on my desk how could be. On June 14 I got a call and I was told that my delivery. date was June 20 .on my 75 year I never had such a bad trement I could keep on writing but iam to upset.so I cancel my order with regret because I needed the set. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER recommend any one to JCP it was horrible.

I ordered on line to pick up in store as i thought it would be quicker got to the store they only had 1/3 of my order. Waited for an hour twenty minutes they said it is on th next truck for tuesday and they would call me. They did not call i caled them they located my things i said iwould be in friday she said ok well after twenty minutes wait with my kids and lot of me tell t;em what i was told and listening to them act like i am lieing they found the package and after telling them to no pull the items out as it was a present they did it. Really one was a souperviser and one a manager. If this is how you treat customers i want no part of your business.

Hi, I tried to get the Birthday coupon before April but I did not get a response. The coupon was for$10 on a $10 purchase. I have tried several times and got no response. If this coupon is no longer good for Birthdays shouldn't someone let me know. I was going to get some clothes for my Birthday and use this coupon .I would use another coupon if you send me one. I tried to print several on the J C Penny listing but they would not print.Thank you for a response or a coupon. My Birthday only comes once a year. Thank You William

i just left jcpenny at the meadow wood mall reno nv i was going to buy 8 panels of drapes the cashier there told me i had to wait because they would need to be ordered i don't mind waiting my turn but she kept taking people who just got there making me wait i guess until there would be no body left my money is good any where i want to spend it and clearly it will never be at jc pennys

Order # 2017-3305-8122-5214
I ordered a shoe on line on the 11/26/2018 and still l have not received the item. I went to the store in Oaks Mall on Monday and was told its due to be delivered on the 8th. I went to the store on the 8th and was told JCP store is closed due to electrical problems. I again went to the store on the 9th and was told again item is due to be delivered on Tuesday the 12th. I'm sorry it was free to be delivered at home but l taught picking up in store would be quicker. I was wrong as there is no proper communication and l do not trust it would be delivered even on Tuesday. This is a Gift for a friend and frankly, the time l needed item has passed and l am disappointed.

Amazon delivers in 3 days and if they do not have item in stock, would give you the date it would be delivered. I do all my shopping at JCP and frankly, this is my last .

Vey disappointed and l feel its not worth all the hustle if JCP cannot deliver on time.

The jcpenny in west covina pick up from online,they need to find a better way to have customers pick up online orders because they have a check out and pick up same place and you gotta wait about an hour thats why i buy online so that i do not wait in line this makes me not want to ever buy and pick up at jcpenny again

Hi. I just want that let me know why you have charged in my paypal account the amount of $63.00 since 11/11/17 for the order # 2017-3156-2133-7160 for different items and I never have received , if I don't have received them before 11/22/17 , please don't sent me anymore because I am not be able to pick-up the items I will be outside of this country.. Please send me a message to let me know and
Thank you kindly.

I ordered 2 shirts online 9/29/17. When they arrived on 10/9/17 the shirts were not the correct color/style. Returned them to the store with no problem but cannot get the correct shirts I ordered because it says they are out online and are not available in my store. I am upset that when originally ordered online they were available and due to JCPenney's messing up I can now not get the shirts I wanted. The email sent to me to show they had shipped showed the correct shirts I wanted. Never received an email saying they would not be available or anything so jcp messed up in sending me the wrong shirts and now cannot get me the ones I originally ordered. I am very unhappy.

I have been trying to order curtains. We to the store three times. Sales people were helpful. T h e curtains that t I wanted were in stock. Keep getting email. Not in stock. W h at is going on.

"

"

Woman's dressing room. The west Covina, CA Jcpenny woman's dressing room is disgusting. The walls are dirty & there is always this dirty chair in there that has stains all over it. It's like they don't even care. Jcpenny wasn't always like that. What happened?

My wife went to the salon in lake city Fl. in which we are new to the area.Having always used Penny's for her hair. This visit was the worst that she has ever had. She has gotten perms and it always took about 2 hrs. This was done in 55 min. and came out with a wet head and was told it will dry by itself. She got sick and had to be put in the Hospital so when she got better we stopped in to talk to the hair styles and was told it looked OK and that is all that can be done. She wanted to have her hair colored but with the way she was treated did not want it done with them. There was never an apology and never talked to see what could be done to fix her hair. Felt this is not the Penny's that we are us to always willing to rectify the problem?

I had an item to J.C. Penney that needed return and I stood in line waiting for my turn, when i went to to the register, the associate named (Claudia) asked for my receipt and I gave it to her, she started to process the return and when it comes to refund my credit card, she asked to me insert my credit card, although CC machine displayed swipe CC for refund, anyway, i followed her instructions, but it didn’t work, she tried again and same results.

I told her that the machine displays swipe J.C. Penney CC, but she replied to me very rudely, that the CC has a chip and this is the only way to do it, and she tried to call MOD, without any luck, I asked her again to just try it as the machine says, but again in a very aggressive, confronting rude tone she said no, these are the rules and I have to follow them, and then she tried to call MOD again. She kept me for 15 minutes till she was able to reach MOD, who advised her to swipe the card.

So she did and completed the refund. I told her that I have been asking you to try it for the last 15 minutes, her response to me that I always have issues with return. I asked her what do you me, I have my item (unopened) I have my receipt, she didn’t reply and hand my the refund receipt very rudely with out an apology for the wait, her mistake or her nasty attitude. I am not sure how you hire such people in front line. I need a response from you management regarding this experience and someone needs to speak with her.

I am very discouraged by the J.C. Penney black friday promotion this year. I was fortunate enough to receive one of these coupons and attempted to use it online per instructions. I used the chat feature on your website and they told me I could not use the coupon online and needed to wait until after 5p to use in store. That is not what the coupon states as you can see. Very frustrated by poor customer service.

I am so disappointed. On their page they have a picture of a hutch for sale and that picture includes a changing table. However the changing table was not included. When the hutch came I was very disappointed to discover this. I looked to see if I could buy the changing table and what do you know, they don't sell it anymore, even though they keep a picture of it up. So when I asked to return it I was told I had to pay $75 dollars on top of the $75 delivery fee. So in order to get it returned I had to take a $150 loss. The hutch was $160. I am so mad and upset about this, I don't know if I will ever shop at JCP again. Also, the lady I talked to at JCP online was so rude.

On Sunday November 13, 2016 I was in the Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL J.C. Penney store. I found in your store an a.n.a black jacket while walking to the shoe department. The jacket caught my eye and the price was very appealing because of the sale sign stating that it was $24.99. It said "Juniors' Pleather Jackets" and the whole rack was filled with both black and camel colored ones of the same style. Not even thinking, I tried it on and thought the jacket fit well and the price was good. At check out the jacket rang up for $69.99. I told the cashier that the sign said $24.99. Because the store was busy she asked her department manager, Patti, for direction.

Patti told me the price was $69.99 and walked off looking for the sign. I followed her and showed her the rack and sign. She pointed out that the $24.99 price was only for the jackets that were originally $52.00. She checked the rack, and didn't see any $52.00 jackets and started checking all the racks in the vicinity looking for the $52.00 jackets. She came back to the original rack and found found two intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. As I was standing there she didn't say a word, showed me the two $52.00 jackets that were on the rack intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. I asked her why the sign said $24.99 and the rack was full of $120.00 jackets.

She said that only the Juniors jackets were marked down and the a.n.a jackets were not Juniors, I asked how was anyone to know which jackets were juniors and which were not by the brand name. I did not receive and answer so I returned to the register to pay for my purchases. As I was standing at the register I happened to see Patti come back with the sale sign that she had taken off the rack of jackets. As a department manager Patti was unprofessional and huffy and was not interested in this at all, her J.C. Penney department made a pricing mistake and she was not willing to make it good. Her attitude was: it's not $24.99 and that's the bottom line.

The end result should have been that I got the jacket for $24.99 and the sign taken down. This seems from shopping at J.C. Penney's that it is normal for them to have the sale sign on the wrong item. I find this to be a bad business practice and will have to think twice before shopping there again. Please see the attached pictures to prove my point.

I placed an order for a pair of boots on jcp.com and had them shipped to the store. I was told they would be ready in 4-7 days 15 days later the store can't find my order called customer service no one can seem to track the shipment and on top of all that I have to wait 3-5 business days to hear from someone about a refund. This is the worst service I've ever had and very annoying. I will never order from them again!

I was in the J.C. Penney store #0766 331 Brandon Town Center Brandon Fl 33511 on 10/0/16 @ 19:00 I went to the Jewelry dept. because I needed a battery for my watch. There was 3 cashier's working one Asian lady at one counter with a customer and 1 Asian, l white lady at the other counter with one J.C. Penney customer. I proceeded to the counter with 2 cashiers patiently waiting the white lady looked me in the face and didn't acknowledge me. So I went to the other counter and waited a gentle man with a beeper and wearing a red shirt came through the store and stood exactly where I stood. She was laughing with him.

She left that counter and went to another count still not acknowledging me. So I asked him if it was someone who could help me at the repair counter and he said sure and called her over. She came over to the counter and I told her that I wanted to get a battery for my watch. She went on, & on about I didn't get the watch from penny's, wanted to know where the back was I told her that I did, She really argued with me about my watch. Then she said that penny's only did that during the week. I told her I was traveling and just needed a battery.

She then told me that she didn't have one. I have never felt racism like I felt that day. I told her that I wanted to talk to management because she was very rude, she came from behind the counter and followed me to the other counter where I went to talk to the other cashier she came up on me I put my hand up and told her to give me 50 feet, she ask me not to put my hand up in her face, and I told her that she was in my space. Jocelyn came and I told her what I needed she check my watch, and replace the battery. She gave me the poor J.C. Penney customer service that I deserved.

I'm sure that you guy's have this on camera footage. This woman does not need to be working in customer service. She argued, with me about where I got my watch from as if I stole it, you may not have it then but you had it at 1 time. Then on top of all that she lied to me said that Penney's didn't have a battery. I have never been treated like that before.

My complaint is that I was in line for the cards your store was giving out and the woman in front of me took my card and she started screaming it was my 100 off 100. I thought you were only allowed one card. At the end I received none because it was the last one. I don't know if the employee knew her but that was the worst experience ever.

On August 6, 2016 I dropped off my Seiko Solar watch for a "clasp repair, since it was having a repair I opted to have the watch cleaned too. I was called in a day or two and informed the cost would be $34.00 to be serviced. I agreed to the cost and servicing. Estimated completion date, as per my Repair Claim Ticket was 9/3/2016. To date, and 6 calls to JC Penney's, my watch is not completed, speaking to 3 associates who are not sure "what is going on with the repair order, I am totally frustrated and worried my watch is not safe, returnable or repaired. I did not receive any call backs from the associate's, I had to do the follow-up back to the associates.

Two days ago, , I spoke to an associate who informed me she would be calling the company they sent the watch out for repair, and she would "call me back within an hour, no later than late in the afternoon. I spoke with her at 10:00 am. Well, here we go again. This is the 3rd day and no reply from associate. When I spoke to the associate 3 days ago, I stated to her, "this situation is unacceptable, and I want a new watch to replace the watch the store associate sent out for repair on 8/6/16.

No if's or but's. I have been patient, more than understanding since I had to call associates back after I was told they would call me. It is now Oct. 19, 2016 going into Nov. 2016. Service has been very poor, associates responses very poor, and the time frame of 8/6/16 to promised 9/2016 is way, way past over. And no one knows the status or whereabouts of my watch. This is very poor business for a very loyal and courteous customer with JC Penney.

Info on store is: JCPenny, Store # 2768, phone number: 609 889 7700 option #3 for Jewelry. My Repair Claim Ticket states: " In the event of damage or loss, the JCPenny Company will repair or replace the item at your option." Since I do not know if it is damaged, loss or "my watch" being returned, my option is to have my watch replaced with a new watch of same. I don't want "whatever they are going to give me at this point; too much time has been lost to know if it is my watch, someone else, or a used old watch lying around and be passed off to me!

I don't feel this is an unreasonable request due to the circumstances. I would like to pick up a new watch within 2 days at this store location. They do have them in the glass case. At this point, this is the only resolution I will accept. The service was a horrible experience, and I am very upset of the circumstances. Kindly inform the store, department, and associate of my request, and the ok to perform the transaction from J.C. Penney.

I'm extremely upset with this JC Penney's company support, just had to call over ten times due to the call not transferring. Then they tell me I missed a credit card payment, when in fact I payed my payment. They raised my mind payment & I was unaware of the change. They charged me with a late fee. I'm taking my services else where asap. No wonder nobody pays attention to their products anymore.

We received the wrong size of vertical blinds. It was ordered with the wrong size. I didn't notice it. Whether my husband wrote down the wrong size of whether numbers got transposed, I do not know. I called when we received this and was told as per the information stated in the box it was returnable, either by UPS or at the store. So, with the help of my 29 year old son and a borrowed SUV, we brought the vertical blinds back into the store. The lady who was called to the desk, Theresa was very rude.

She said the item was not returnable, they were all on a conference call..she didn't know how long it would last and I could wait if I wanted. After 40 minutes, we left. She said someone would call me. No one called. I asked her if I could buy the horizontal piece ( the one with the incorrect size) alone. She quote a price more than $100 more than my total purchase. This was after she originally said no, it couldn't be done. My son said this was the worst customer service that he ever experienced such poor customer service. We left.

I then went on line to write a complaint to JC Penny complain department but was told my order number was incorrect so it would not send the email. The order number was exactly what was printed on the order and listed as order number. I am upset upset.

I made a purchase today at JCP store at your store in Brandon, Fl. I went to pay for purchase and I was shocked to see one of your clerks dressed in total black clothing from head to toe. I got out of line and went to another register to pay. I could not believe that Penny's would hire someone dressed like that . I think there are plenty of Americans that would love to have that job. I'm sure that I am not the only customer that noticed it. If they live here they should dress as we do, this is a slap in our face.

Made a payment of $ 200.00 at the Hagerstown JC Penney on May 12, 2016. Got my statement today, May 31, 2016 and forum that the $200.00 payment had not been applied to my account and they charged me a late fee. Called customer service and gave them this info and the payment receipt info. Also told them the check cleared my account on May 17, 2016. Advised me that they see the payment but they could not apply? Gave me to another customer service person and things got worse.

They implied that we needed to send several documents to a given address before the payment could be applied even though JC Penney cashed our check. Total frustration trying to understand the customer service person communication so I abruptly hung up. Will take my frustration to the Hagerstown store where the payment was entered. Have been a customer for a long time ,but this incident has caused me to rethink my relationship with JC Penny.

I called jcpenny corporate customer relations. A female by the name of Tiffany answered. I gave Tiffany the information that i was calling about and she continued to ask me the same questions over and over as if she didn’t know how to help or maybe she didn’t want to help. I asked to speak with someone higher and she told me that their was no one higher and that i was speaking to corporate. I asked Tiffany if she was the only one working in that area at that time and she danced around the question and told me once again that this was jcpenny corporate office that i was speaking with. I told Tiffany that i was going to hang up and try back to get someone else.

I called back Tiffany answered once again i then asked her if she was the only one working and she said once again this is corporate. I started talking to her letting her know that i needed someone higher up because she kept making me repeat my self. Tiffany push the music button on me, i told her that was rude and that i was going to ask someone higher to pull the call…strangely a supervisor named Shirley became available. Shirley took care of my needs; however, i am still reporting Tiffany. Beware of Tiffany at jcpenny corporate customer relations. This call between Tiffany and i took place at 4:43 pm on this day of January 30, 2016. I called back again at 4:46 pm please pull the calls.

I bought a mattress on line and it did not fit the need of my wife to flat not good ask them to come and pick it up it took two month for them to come and it is 2016 and have not receive a refund as of yet spoke with different one's about it this happen in Sept. 2015 and this is 2016 need help this very, very poor service. They want me to paid $139.00 for restocking this item they need to price me I am still getting the run around help. It was sitting in my living room for almost 2 month I could not use this room.

My husband ordered me a jewelry item and was told it would be in by Christmas. It wasn't. The customer service at Barton creek in the jewelry dept has been negative. They just said another customer is having to wait. No apologies no care. My husband had to go in person to check. It has been over. 2 weeks since it was supposed to be delivered. Never had a problem with J.C. Penney customer service in the past. This is our last purchase there.

While shopping at the JCP at Barton Creek Square Mall in Austin, TX, I was harassed by an employee in the Men's department. I'm not sure of the name of this employee, he was an average height with wild curly hair. Employees and their managers should not be allowed to harass customers. I want action taken against this employee. I know many people who shop here, I will spread the word and let them know to no longer shop here or they will run the risk of being harassed by your employees. This complaint should be forwarded to the J.C. Penney corporate offices for review by management!

At your Avenues Mall location, Jacksonville, FL, I was treated extremely rude by two associates: one reluctantly answered a question, the other totally contradicted the first and raised her voice at me. I had over $500 worth of merchandise, which I left at the second employees register. Train your employees with some customer curiosity. I'll never shop at Penny's again!

I ordered a monogramed/personalized hand towel on line. I ordered the name in all capital letters and the color of the monogram to be black. I picked my item up from the store and discovered it was not monogramed as I had ordered. The monogram color was white and the name was wrong as Pastor, not capitalized as I ordered. I was also charged for shipping and handling even though this was a ship to store order. JC Penny took it upon their self to send what they wanted and not what I ordered, I should be credited in full and compensated with the correct merchandise as ordered. The mistake made was at the fault of JC Penny.

On 1/23/15 I mailed a box of vacation clothes for my husband to Lehigh Acres FL $28.00 My husband arrived in FL on 1/28/15 calls me to let me know he did not receive the pkg. I call the FL PO and the tell me that they still have the pkg and they will deliver it today 29th husband calls no pkg I call the PO and they tell me I need to talk to the carrier I say okay they say he's out sick for a week and I should call back then I call back then and he tells me he wasn't working the day of the delivery I say let me talk to the person who did work that day she's not on till Saturday Now I call back and get a supervisor that can't understand why my pkg says it was delivered at 10:04 am because the carriers do not leave for delivery till at least 11:00am.

I try calling a couple more times with no answers fast forward My brother in law calls and tells me he received the pkg I call the FL PO office and talk to a supervisor and I tell her that the pkg somehow appeared and she said that she found it in the supply room and that it was scanned on 1/27/15 as POSTAL SUPPLIES and that when she was putting things away in the back room that she came across it and since she had just talked to me she knew to get it delivered . I was instructed to have him bring the pkg to the PO and reject delivery The supervisor in FL told me this was the fastest way of getting the pkg back I asked if she could handle the transaction in FL and she said No she was on her way to a doctors appt but she would talk to the post master (Jackie) and let her know what was going on.

My brother in law goes there and asks for Jackie and she has no idea what he was talking about he rejects delivery on the 2/17 I was told it would go out that day they try delivering it back to my brother in law TWO more time finally I ask my PO in MN to call down there and please have them get me my damn package she does and I see it a week later I call the complaint department which was a total waste of my time They know and admit that this whole transaction was a total FIASCO but there is nothing they can do but apologize It was scanned as postal supplies with the postal supply scanner and I get an " I'm sorry" Well la di da 44 days 18 phone calls 5 different individuals I'm the SORRY one Thanks for nothn'

I had one JCP button that said it was already used and I had 2 $5.00 buttons that were winners and said I'd receive the certificate in 48 hrs. It's been 6 or 7 days and I've gotten nothing. If you ask me which ones they were, I don't know exactly, because I've put them all together, but I did save them. I just don't know the exact codes for those 3 that didn't work.

I've already submitted my complaint, but I just wanted to add one more thing. If you validate my 3 buttons, or whatever you do to make this right, your certificates expire on the Jan. 1st and for people like me who have had a recent problem with your buttons, I feel that you should extend the expiration date.

I would've contacted you sooner about this, but it took me a little while to find out exactly where and who to send the complaint to. Thanks.

I placed an order on Dec 12, 2012. I received an email telling me that my order would be available to be picked up at the JC Penny on Davis Hwy in 4-7 business days. I called 7 business later to make sure it was in fact there, they had no record of the order. They gave me a 1800 to call where the lady I spoke with informed me the item I purchased was on back order.

This is a Christmas gift that would not even be here for Christmas! I never received an email, phone call, nothing letting me know it was on back order...nor did it tell me when I placed the order that this was the case. The ONLY email I received told me I could pick up my order in 4-7 business days!

I think it's ridiculous a courtesy email was not even sent, and the lady I spoke with told me the item was on back order when I ordered it...but that is NOT what it showed online..cleArly I got an email stating I could pick it up at the store in 4-7 days! So now I am left with no gift, and I was not even going to get a phone call?

I will NEVER purchase anything in store or online again...that is NOT how you do business and I will make sure everyone I know realized just how little you value your customers, cause had I not called...I would have showed up to pick a gift up that wasn't even there!

On Oct 13th I went into the eye care center (Concord,NC) for glasses, the person working behind the desk was not very professionel looking as she had very low cut blouse and very unprofessional accessories, once I saw the Lady I had second thoughts immediately but trusting JC Penny's I continued my business, the lady did not appear to want to hear any questions or comments that I had, once I met the Docter, which was a plus in the experience being very neat/clean and professionally dressed, I felt better.

The Customer Service/Desk person never explained that the glasses would be 2 weeks coming back,after not hearing from anyone for 1 and 1 hafe weeks I went back to the optical center , I was greeted by a man that had 3 earrings down both ears, tattoos around both wrist and he explained the glasses should be back within a couple days and I walked away with that in mind , I later called and was told by the first person that answered they were not back, the lady then got on the phone saying the glasses were there but the quality wasn't first class and they were sending the glasses back to the lab because they would not accept anything but first glass quality,which would possibly be another 2 weeks and with the recent storms could be longer.

I have a very hard time seeing after dark and my commute to and from work, once the time rolls back , puts me driving in the dark both to and from work. I , to say the least , have been very disappointed with this experience, I sent my husband to the store to pick my glasses up and my percription, the glasses lenses were not in them anylonger, the lenses that were in them when I dropped them off, I could have used them for my safety as my vision is very blurry in dark and rain.

I am and was very surprised at the choices for professional representation that someone choose to represent your optical department and don't think your business will be helped with this kind of representation. Please know that I have been a loyal customer of Penny's for many years but this really surprised me, If I walked into another business, especially a health care business, with the representation that I saw I would walk away, I didn't in this case because I was in JC Penny's.

I have 4 buttons and inputted them - got the response from 2 of them that the numbers had already been used. The other 2 were accepted and I never received an email telling me whether I won or lost. What a terrible promotion!!! Better to just sent out coupons like the past. In addition, just button signs as holiday decorations in the store were not festive at all. JCP is very disappointing this year.

The numbers are:
tw5b2st
d2fjuyc
e4sfhff
cyh5ezy

On December 19, 2012, I was shopping at JC Penny in gretna Louisiana at the Oakwood Mall. The cashier gave me a total of six buttons at different registers at different times. On Thursday, December 20, 2012 I tried to enter the buttons codes. It said button code had been used . I entered another button code, it said that button code was used also.

I then entered another, and another until all six had been entered. All six button had been used before, I thought this must be reported. Why did the cashiers at Penny Oakwood mall give me used button. I need to call the customer service and report this time of action.

I entered two codes off of my button today & got buttons had been used. I called the 1880 # & they referred me to a website picked the complaint portion as i am really teed off. I've been a customer for ten years or so & never participated in any of these silly promotions just for this reason. the button #'s areubbtanz & gekfdjh. let me know what to do?

I have about 23 buttons that are not working. I have done alot of Christmas shopping just for the fun of trying to win something on this promotion and because Ellen was a part of this. However I an getting invalid code or already been used when I submit the code ##'s. This has been very disappointing and might I say looks like a scam as far as pennys is concerned.

I love shopping at jc penny for I have always been able to find what I want. But to have a promotion that is turning out to be a scam is not cool I have heard this complaint from other customers in the store so I know it just isn't me. Please tell me what I should do with 23 buttons that don't work.

December 2012 button promotion. I used a button certificate that was 5.00$ YES $5.00 I was fired. In almost 7 years of employment I had never been written up or talked to or warned about bad behavior or something I had done, I had a great employee record. I took great pride in my job if I had known I could not use this certificate I wouldn't have messed up 7 years of employment for YES again $5.00 But for $ 5.00 I was fired from JCPENNEY. When I found out employees or family members could not use them, I was told don't worry it was a mistake you have never been in trouble, you have a good work history(I was told this by a manager and security which I am sure is because they also thought the company wouldn't be so harsh. But an assistant supervisor fired me 3 weeks later in the middle of my shift. I am so hurt that JCPENNY could be so horrible. 100's of people were let go for the button promotion so obviously I wasn't the only one who didn't know. Like other company's maybe the sheet that went with the buttons could have said no participation by employees or family members instead of having to search something like that out. Like it was a secret.

I ordered glasses on a promo at JCpennys at my local mall in Kennnewick WA 99336 10-26-2012. When notified of arrival I sent my husband to pick up I was sick that night. I immediately did not like. Both frame and no-line bifocal I was totaly nausiated sick. I went in on Monday morn. 11-12-2012. I simply told the same sales lady I did not want or like. She insisted I needed to continue with glasses and give a chance I agreed. We spoke of a comment my husband made to reference they were old lady glasses and I mentioned that that was exatctly what my daughter had instructed me not to get. I returned with my daughter the following week and I had to plea with another sales lady to please allow me to change the glasses.

My daughter was standing behind her looking at frames and noties what was on thier computer screen and said you need to see all these nasty notes which were lies. All fabricated lies. Laurie had put that I returned on Mon. 11-12-2012 ackting Irrate, and said that my husband and daughter were opinionated and other detailes that were exaturated. We were shocked and asked for the notes but Melody said it was thier propery we mentioned Hipa laws and she still maintained we needed upper approval. We continued to select another frame and this time bi-focal lenses I ended up having to buy a protection plan and extra for lenses so they would not look like magnifiers. I had no money my daughter paid the differance.

So I picked up new pair yesterday 11-27-12 frame color is darker than display and bifocal part is not even on lenses. one is centered the other begins at the inner part of frame. I do not even want to go speak with these ladys any more. Laurie made me feel dirty when she got a new hand tissue to remove a papertowel I used to dry my hands after washing hands to remove my contact lenses. This may seem petty to you but the treatment has left quite a sour taste in my mouth. And who ever grinds lenses should not have OKed then if not exactly the same.

I called your customer service center in regards to my balance. I had paid off my balance for the month of September and was not expecting a bill. I received a bill on the fourth of November for not paying all of my bill for September. When I called to ask why I was receiving a bill the representative said that I had made purchases in September that was not paid in my previous payment of my card. I asked repeatedly why those purchases, which were within the billing cycle of September, were not added into my bill he could not answer my question.

I had been charged interest for something that would have been paid for if it had been on my previous bill. I asked him again why I did not receive a correct bill, all he said was that his computer told me that my card was not paid off. I asked him then if I could pay the balance for the items I had purchased and not pay the interest, due to the fact that because the charge was not on my previous statement I did not believe I should have to pay it, he refused and said that he would not authorize that.

I asked him to let me speak to his manager, he once again refused. After doing so I hung up, realizing that I would not get anywhere with the person I was calling or receive any explanation as to why my bill didn't include the purchases that I made. I love JcPenney and have bought clothes there for years. The quality has always been good and I've never had a problem with any representatives or the staff until now. I was on the phone for nearly an hour trying to get answers to my questions and find out what I needed to pay. The customer service was very poor and he was rude when I tried to ask him what had happened. This does effect how I will shop in the future. Because if I were to run into this problem again, I do not want to be on the phone for nearly an hour only to become frustrated and upset because of someone refusing to assist me or even listen to what I have to say.

I am an 18 year old male. My girlfriends mother, myself and her daughter we out trying to figure out what kind of clothes for her mother (my girlfriends mother) to wear. We were in an unlabeled (didn't say men or women on it) dressing room. After about 10 minutes of being in there, one of the employees, a woman, came in and rudly told me to get out because I wasn't supposed to be in there. There was no sign and there was nobody else in the dressing rooms. I was floored and she should be fired, especially for how she handled it.

I was happy to see the roller shades that I had been considering on sale for Cyber Monday. Instead of being $12 apiece for 3 shades , they were $8 apiece and free shipping. I attempted to order them from Sunday afternoon until Monday night. I was never able to place the order, apparently because of how busy your connection was. When I attempted again Tues. morning, I could get straight through, but they were no longer on sale. When I contacted your representative by phone, she said that they were no longer honoring the prices or free shipping. She said that I should have called to place my order on Monday.

I have been buying Jcpenney arizona jeans here for a longtime and in the last year they have changed. They are too tight. The bootcut aren't bootcut. I have to cut them to fit around my boots. They are all pretty much slim fit. I am very dissatisfied and will no longer shop Jcpenney if they aren't correct soon.

I was shopping in a JCPenney store the other day with my young daughter when I heard a song playing "stone hard machine guns, fire at the ones who run. Fire away, fire away..." Were the lyrics. The next song had the following lyrics "dance until I'm not drunk anymore" I am very upset that those particular songs were being played at a 'family' store. Especially with everything that has recently happened in Sandy Hook. I will absolutely not be shopping at any JCPenney stores, due to the type of music being played.

About a month ago I bought a rug and used my JC penny rewads of 10.00. The rug was to small, so I went back to the store to get a larger one. The sales girl only gave me credit for the price I ended up paying after my rewards were taken off. She said my rewards were just gone. Today I took my granddaughter to buy her a coat. Number 1, I couldn[t believe how the coats are priced. They were a 125.00 with 40% off. What a rip off. To add insult to injury I had a 19.09 credit on a gift card.

Also you were supposed to get 15% off, if you used your JC Penny credit card. I used the card and the sales girl said I could either use the 19.09 gift card or take the 15% off. But not do both. I can tell you JC Penny has just lost a good customer. Your prices used to be so good and the quality was great. I believe JC will go down the tubes like so many stores are doing now. It is no loner a place to shop where you get quality for a good price.

Unable to claim small gifts won by entering gift button codes. I think if you won and they have notified you by mail they should then follow up by sending you a gift coupon thur the winner's e-mail. Many people I've talked with feel the same way that this gift promotion by JCPenney is way too confusing.. I shopped more often than usual at JC Penney in order to receive the little buttons but have decided that I will no longer shop at JCPenney unless absolutely necessary. I have collected alot of buttons in the last week or so that will not go through. I did discover that the bad buttons all have an s in the code number. Those button codes are yrszss4 wwss93q 8saraqr 01szea2 ixssnrr fwssp1a f4ssp1d z1sze93 c4szs3n asss9s1. As far as everyone who has waited on me everyone has been very nice and very helpful. If there is anything I can do with these buttons I would like to know what to do. I do like the new look of the store but I would like the plus size girls department to come back.

I placed an order with JC Penney on 12/13/2012 and was told it would be available in 4 to 7 days. I stopped in on 12/17/2012 in hopes it may have come in early well it didn't but the sales associate told me it was scheduled to come in on 12/20. On 12/20/2012 I went back to Penney's to pick up my order and when I got there they told me the truck was delayed until 12/22/2012, so it went from 4 to 7 days to at least 9 days.

I needed the order by the 21st so I asked the associate to cancel my order and credit my charge card. Imagine how surprised I was when he told me he couldn't do that, he needed the shipment to come in and I would have to return the order. I asked him to get someone who could do this for me and he called over a manager who told me the same thing.

After telling him I wouldn't need the order after Friday he finally did something and he told me my card would be credited immediately. Well after 6 hours my card is still not credited. I use to like shopping at Penney's but I will NEVER place an order with them, this was my first time and my LAST. Hopefully my credit will be credited SOON!

I called the JC Penny located at Golf Mills in Niles Illinois. Everytime i call i get transferred to hear nonstop ringing. Then when i do finally get in touch with someone they put me on hold for 5 minutes and i hear someone hang the phone up. Then i call back for a third time and get put on hold again for even longer then both combined. All i want to ask for is if they have a freaking Addidas 3x sweater that i seen recently for 49.99. I never ever complain.. but this really got to me honestly. Anyways i know very little will be done because i myself worked at retail and know how this goes but its still lame and ridiculous.

I have several buttons and it keeps saying that the Captcha is not correct when in fact I print exactly what is written. Then on the same button code, after entering the captcha at least twice, it will say the button code is invalid. It goes back and forth forever. I am starting to think that we are being used for this Captcha for some other reason.

I sent an e-mail to jc penney in regard to a problem I had on December 6th to redeem a $10 certificate. They never responded to my e-mail. I then called the number on the website and was transferred to the wrong department, however they promised they would have someone call me right back and again no one called or got in touch with me. I am very frustrated wth this Christmas button program. I hope to hear from someone before this program is over. Thank you.

When I press the audio button next to the Captcha, it sounds like aliens and I can't really here what they are saying. Something is very wrong here! Is this all just a big scam?! People win $10 gift certs here and there, but I get those anyway as a regular customer of JcPenny's so I don't see what the big deal is winning these buttons. They are like coupons that other stores give you without the hassle of making you come in for buttons. This is only going to enrage customers and possibly lose a lot of regular customers for JcPenney's!

I have printed off my Jcpenney gift certificate 6 different times and the numbers under the bar code is not showing up. No matter if i print it off in color or black and white. It prints up everything else except the numbers under the bar code.

I have 4 Jcpenney Christmas buttons and out of the 4 only 1 has went through. What is up with this promotion? We had three winner buttons and they did not process completely; we did everything correctly and it did not holiday certificate verification.

I received 2 buttons during the black friday shopping weekend. I came home and entered the codes on my buttons. one was a 10 certificate and one was a $5 certificate. I received the ten dollar one with no problems the 5 dollar one never opened to claim my certificate.It had a message saying that there was a problem and the elves were working on it.

The button code was zbbddfn. I would like to know if there is any way to help me claim my five dollar certificate. Thank you for your time.

Twice i have got know responded when inter my button code it says check your email . When i do there no message . All the other it says a winner, are sorry you are not a winner. Don't know what going on.

Love the Jcpenney store but found the button codes did not work. I was given invalid code button or it was already used. So I'm sure this has been frustrating to their department trying to spread some joy this holiday season. Blessings to them.

Your life insurance office sent me a card saying that I would receive a $10.00 reward for calling and talking to them about insurance. I decided against taking the insurance but the worker told me that I would still receive the reward of ten dollars. A few days later I received the gift card and the note said it was for ten dollars. However, today at the Paris, Texas store, I bought a shirt and tried to use the card. The clerk said that the card had a zero balance. When I got home I went on your website where you can check gift card balances and it said that the card still had a ten dollar balance. What can be done about this? Please tell me what to do.

I am very disappointed in the poor selection of boys clothing, sizes 8-20, in your store in Thomasville, GA, and Dothan, AL. I went financially prepared to spend several dollars, perhaps $200 or better, for two of my grandsons. The clothes were trashy looking. I did not see any collored polo shirts, and the sizes I needed in jeans were gone, size 12 regular, original cut in The Arizona brand. The clerks were very nice in Dothan, AL, . They even went into the back to see if they could find any jeans back there---no luck. I have been pleased with shopping in JC Penney in the past, but not now. You will lose many customers if you do not correct the situation. There were several other ladies trying to shop for little boys too. I needed some church clothes for my grandchildren, not trashy looking attire.

JCP has lost a fairly good customer because they have stopped selling their Cabin Creek line and specially the Cabin Creek Denim Boot Cut Leggings. I am not a 6' teeny bopper who enjoys having their pants worn below the waist and just above their private parts. I am an older woman who enjoys having pull-on, elastic-waist, boot-cut, no-pocket, leggings which give my 5'2" sort of chunky body a fairly nice look and Cabin Creek leggings did that. Now all you can find at Penney's are the "skinny jeans", rhinestone jeans, - pants that even look trashy on the tall 18 year-olds. I have been in JCP only once this year and I will not go back. I used to buy blouses, shoes, jewelry, pajamas and purses there. I will not go out of my way to visit any JCP store until the Cabin Creek Brand is back. I used to use the Catalog Department regularly - I am very disappointed in the way JCP is now doing business and I hope, at this time, that unless they change their merchandise attitude, they go out of business.

Last Friday, I went to the JCP in Tucson at I-19 and Irvington roads. The goal of my visit was to do an exchange, talk to someone about a garment purchased approximately 47 days ago that had come apart under normal wash and wear and browse. The exchange and browsing were successful, which lead me make additional purchases. This may not have been the case, if I had tried to talk to a cashier or manager first. So, lesson learned on my part. I recently, since Thanksgiving, began shopping at JCP, because it is not the closest or most convenient store to go to, on the normal paths I travel. On January 7, my Mom purchased two Arizona Jean company tee shirts, blue and green.

On the back of the neck of the blue one, the stitching has begun to unravel on the seam, for approximately 5 inches. This is the garment I spoke with the cashier about. He said he would go back to the department and get a tee with a tag. He helped another customer at the register next to me, then went back to the department, as it was unclear which receipt it was purchased on. When he returned, he looked at a few things at the register and then went back to the department.

Upon returning the second time, he had a similar shirt. He said that it had the new logo on it and the one that I was trying to return was pre- new logo. At this point, it had been quite a while and I was frustrated, as it seemed to me, by his response, that he felt I was being dishonest. He, "Expert" per his nametag, was not helpful. So, I decided to leave and write this letter. Since my visit, problems with two additional garments have occurred. On November 28, I purchased item 622/4701/010209 for $8.00, as a Christmas present for my daughter. On Sunday, February 24, she asked if I could buy her a new pair of black leggings. When I asked her why, her response was, they fell apart. When I looked at them, I could see that there is a 5 3/4 inch opening at the seam of the left thigh. On November 28, my Mom purchased item 944/3460/010502 for $27.00, as a Christmas present. I have worn the shirt three times since receiving it for Christmas.

Saturday, February 23, I removed it from the washer and was hanging it on a hanger to dry when I noticed a 3 1/2 inch piece was separated from the seam. So my question is...can I expect this to be the normal quality of the merchandise/garments that I purchase from JCP? If it is, there is no way, even with the better prices, that I can continue to shop at your store, as replacing garments less than or equal to two months of normal wash and wear is not in my budget. Sincerely, ~Jill Cooper hcooper504@cox.net

I went into your Greece Ridge Center and Marketplace Mall stores and was VERY disappointed. I have been a customer for over 40 years and could always find whatever I needed. On December 1st. I went home empty handed. The Big and Tall mens department had no selection at all.

The jewelry department had very little stock. You discontinued your catalog (I realize people can shop on line) and I don't like the way you advertise your specials. Even some of your employees are not happy. I am telling all my friends and probably will not shop there again any time soon. You keep going and you will be closing all your stores!

About a week ago me and a friend was at the lexington ky location trying to complete school shopping and the entire time we where there we where being followed the entire time from either two sales associates or more. When turning around to see if they needed something they would turn around like they where working. Felt very uncomfortable and every time I tried to complete shopping the u would be right right behind us again. I was so upset I sat everything down and walked out to another store to finish shopping. Never have ive been in a department store or any store and been watched over and followed. All the years I have shopped with the company from kids clothes,women and men clothes to house needs I will no longer be shopping at any locations for jcpenney. With me being apart with a one of the biggest markets out there we know how to protect our stores as well as let the customers shop without having to look over their shoulder the whole time or stalking them. Very unprofessional!

I have been going to J.C. Penny's for about 30 years and now you have these buttons that everybody I know has won gift certificates and I have been putting my codes on-line at jcp.com/Christmas since 12/05/12 and have yet to receive any notification to either I won or lost, where all my other friends have won several gift certificates. I get all kinds of other mail from other company's & friends so I know its has nothing to do about my e-mail site. I may just contact the federal trades commission about this issue!

I have entered 5 buttons of jcpenny I have won several times there is never any thing sent to me in a e-mail so I can print it off his has to be a scam the use to give discounts that was a lot better, everyone loved that, they had a lot more business ,now I don't care if I ever go back to jcpenny store along with a lot of other people I have talked to. I feel sorry for JCPenny. Their incompetent programmers and Chinese manufacturers have made what could have been a goodwill promotion a debacle. The button codes simply don't work. What is the reason for this?

I was told I won a $10.00 certificate from my code number (bsqcecp) I got my email mail saying I won. Then I clicked to give my info. I haven't heard anything more. I got this email on Dec. 16th. I went into the stre and talked with some people that just said they didn't know how to help me without a bar code. I hope you can help.

Please help me with buttons that I won (2- $10) and did not receive an email from Penny's with bar code to redeem. My dad is here from Arizon and they were his buttons...he is on a fixed income and could use these for Christmas...only two days before Christmas and time is running out..Please help!

Received buttons from JCP.com & put the code in & it said it was already used. I feel that it is a waste of time, time i don't have, then you can only do two at a time.What if i was a winner & don't even know it, me and my mom shop jcp all the time i do like shopping at JCP but these buttons are a pain in the butt. I do like coupons & getting a good deal but is it even worth it?

Your promotion does not work! I spent 10 minutes trying to enter the two code words into your site, and was rebuffed repeatedly. It is no promotion if you anger a consumer enough to decide not to shop at your stores again this year!

I enter my buttons ,gotn3 certificates 2 of which were the same bar code, one of my other buttons were rejected because there were not 7 letters ,although there were 7 ,and spell the two words so we know your not a Christmas robot I typed in 14 spell me's till I was finally accepted, now for the button without 7 digits xvakawe, hello! please get me out of this Christmas funk,as I have read other letters of complaint, I'm not the only one this button thing is very stressful,an answer would be a ,lets say , a Christmas Blessing.

What a crock. Enter the number on the back which is so small it can hardly be read and then enter the two words "for safety" which are difficult to read and all I got was an "error" response. All my buttons are going into the garbage. More junk from China.

My friend told me about the buttons at JC Pennys. So I go in shop go to pay an I ask about the buttons. The lady said you can have one a day. So I got my one button came home entered it an couldnt get it to work. Finally I realized it said enter your 7 digit code an mine was only 6 . So much for my one chance. Here is my code. Pfmuy2

I made a purchase 12/13/12 and received to buttons. I attempted to enter one of the buttons today and a keep getting a message stating 'Sorry! Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7 digit code and try again.' I did this several times and the same thing happened. This is not the first one I have entered so I know I am doing it right. What is going on? Is jcp running some kind of scam.

Wore Wrangler for year bought 4 pair of Arizona jeans thought theywere the best jeans i ever had.The first 3 pair ripped out in the crotch then the 4th pair ripped out on the back pockets.Guess im back to wranglers the arizona felt great but poor quality.

I bought a Queen size 400 count sheet set and I've had it less than one year and the sheet have worn areas all over then. The pillow cases are tearing apart at the seams and the material is of very cheap quality. I love the lilac color and the softness of the sheets before they started tearing up. I've never had a set of sheets that torn up like this. I think I'm due a replacement or credit on these sheets due to the extremely poor quality of what I thought would be a good product.

With Regards,
Sandra Wolf

I've shopped at Penney's for over 30 years, and spent thousands of my hard-earned dollars in your store in Plattsburgh, NY. When your powers that be decided to change everything from taking down pictures on the store walls, and stocking clothes that a 16-year old with a stick-thin body would wear (and the loudest colors known to man), I never walked in the store again. So disappointing.

I hope whatever your marketing strategy is now goes back to the way it was. Penney's was so busy here and I could always count on the store having my favorites in my size and color preferences with decent prices. It was such a pleasant store to walk in to with tastefully decorated walls.

You're really going to have to go big if you want me back, and I know several relatives and friends who feel the same way.

I contacted the company about this and haven't heard back. I had nine buttons and entered like it said, two per day. Tell me, how can all nine buttons be "already used"? Every single one of them. The only ones I can think of who used them has to be either the folks who made the buttons or the J. C. Penney's employees and management who then gave the wnners to friends and family. Or, the wole thing was a scam. What else could it be? I read where some people won a $10 gift certificate but never got it. So the buttons are already used, if you happen to win (big if), you don't get what you won?! You know, this is aggravating enough to make people shop elsewhere. Put out "used" buttons and don't respond to customer complaints.

Hello,

After many years of avoiding JC Penny, because I have many times in the past wasted my time looking for my size in vain, today, I decided to stop and look around since the store has been renovated. Well, it was again the same old story, in a store of the size and name like JC Penny, I'd think that buying something so simple as a pair of slacks should be easy. But no.
This has brought me the question, is JC Penny against fit women, or fit and small? I know it sounds crazy, but if this mega store went through so much change recently, why not stock up and get eveyone happy, in another word cater to all. I am not that short, neither too thin, I wear Size 2 not zero.
I thought it would be nice a positive criticism, after all, you guys want to make the most profit, mainly when JC Penny has taken a hit in the last few years.
Finnally, Is there hope that millions of people just like me might be able to shop there again? Or should I walk through the store, only to get inside of the mall and go straight to a store like EXPRESS, where I know for certain, EVERY SINGLE time I go there (even though it cost more) I WILL FIND my size, and avoid myself the aggravation, because for me, peace of mind, has no price.

I hope someone could have the vision I have, and maybe it would even help the store.

Thanks a lot.

On November 3, 2012 I went into a women's dressing room at JCpenny in Northpall Mall, Ridgeland, MS. The smell was so bad that I was very careful not to touch anything in there and would not let my bare feet touch the floor. It smelled as if someone had urinated on the floor. I used to work in a department store and heard stories of adults letting their children use the floor in dressing rooms for a bathroom. That is disgusting!!! I know stores can't control ignorant people, but you should make sure the dressing rooms are cleaned, even if it means professionally cleaned in a case like this. I was so disgusted by the smell that I told my husband who was waiting outside that it was time to go and I would not go back into that Jcpenney store.

At one time I was a valued customer with JCPenney from shopping to clothes, shoes, home section to even buy our living room furniture at the JCPenney Home Store (which has since closed in Overland Park, KS). I live in Kansas City, MO and I am truly disappointed in the direction the company has gone in the last year plus. Every time (which is not as often as it used to me) that I shop at the store it is always in the process of being remodeled or has been remodeled. You keep changing your focus, your layout, whether you want to give coupons or not and it is frustrating to a customer. Yes, I am one of the customers that enjoyed my JCPenney's reward coupon and not this "everyday low price" (which it doesnt appear to be) mentality.

Customers prefer sales, they want sales and that entices them to come into the store. Maybe you should spend less time remodeling and trying to put out "fancy" ads and focus on what your customers really want....coupons and sales and for the store to not change every few months. I was at the store over the weekend and was appalled that once again it was remodeled and and that when you ring up my purchases I can no longer see how much it rings up for. The cashier has a hand held device that they scan so you are not seeing if something is rung up correctly unless you ask AND their does not seem to be much privacy when you are entering in a PIN for a purchase with a debit card.

This is just ridiculous. I preferred shopping at JCPenney's over Kohl's because it wasnt cluttered, was always picked up, has good customer service at the store, clean and neat but with all these changes I am not enticed to continue shopping which is sad and a reflection of your CEO. I do hope you have taken customers complaints seriously.

Yesterday 8/14/13 was our 20th anniversary. My husband has told me for years that I could get a new ring for our 20th anniversary. I went to the JCPennys in McDonough, Ga yesterday. A very kind man by the name of Vince assisted me and I picked out a 1 carat ring. I told him I would talk to my husband so he wrote all the info down including the final price and told me if I came back and he wasn't there to please let them know that he assisted me. Well my husband took me back last night to get the ring. I was very excited--I have waited a long time for that ring!! Vince was not there, but a lady named Debbie was.

I told her we were there to get the ring and gave her Vince's card. She was very rude from the start with very short, snippety answers and then acted as if were low-lifes. I was purchasing a $1,550. ring--which is alot to us...but does not make us low lifes!! Well I didn't have my JCPenney card which is in my husbands name, but she said she would look it up. It came up but would not accept the transaction, so she rolled her eyes and said I can call and see what the problem is IF I must as if we should just walk away. I said call, so she did--they talked to my husband and raised his credit limit and said to go through with the sale. She tried several times and it wouldn't go through so she rolled her eyes again and said I can call back IF I must.

So she called back and after being on the phone for several minutes they cleared everything up and said go ahead with the transaction and when Debbie tried it, it refused it again--she very rudely said it is not working--There is nothing else I can do..Very disappointing to someone who was planning to get the 1carat ring I have been waiting for!! It may not have been her fault for the transaction not working--but she was extremely rude from the start and acted as if we should not be allowed to purchase anything. She didn't even want to make the phone call to check out why.

Then said oh well there's nothing I can do. I walked away from the counter and assured her I would purchase the ring elsewhere and I will make sure everyone knows I got it and why I didn't get it at JCPenneys. I have spent alot of money here over the years and I am very angry about the way my husband and I were treated in there last night. And it ruined a 20th anniversary. I don't know where the fault lies for not being able to make this purchase, but you definitely lost an almost $2000.00 sale and we won't be back.

Hi I'm very upset with Jcpenney first of all i order 5 items on the 11/23/12 and i would wait for an email to confirm that they had all ready shipped my order, it was 11/30/12 and i called to see what is happening and it turns out that they hadn't shipped it yet i understand that it might be that time of year were every one orders things online but they should at least send an email notifying us that. Later on that day i did receive an email that my order was been shipped but they didn't even send me my tracking number with it. I tried log in in on my jcpenney account but it won't let me and i don't know if jcpenney erased my account or what ever. Jcpenney is very unorganized and that goes bad on them.

My name is ivy butler from mccomb ms i was terminated for the wrong reason under randall spears he is racist have favoritism he fires people because he dont like you. im the only black supervisor there and been there for 10 YEARS . Everything i do is wrong the others gets away with it . he should be the one to gets terminated i worked too hard for this company he is wrong now he gott promoted to layfette store

I have entered my JCPenney's Christmas buttons codes and some of them say invalid captcha, also some say I have already entered or sorry it looks like your button code is not valid. I have also won three $10 dollar rewards and four $5 dollar rewards, they have not appeared in my email, they usually send it the next day after claiming the prize.

Its been two days now and no rewards yet. I feel like I'm being ripped off, I have being a loyal JCPenney's customer for years and I just feel like it's all a lye. I'm so dissatisfied.

JCPenney's is promoting a button program to win gift certificates, but the system is not working and it is very frustrating. I have 10 buttons that I cannot enter because it says that there is something wrong with my 7 digit code.

Then I will try again and it will say that the captcha phrase is not correct. This is making me really mad. I don't get a good response when I email or call JCPenney's. I wonder what is wrong with his program.

My husband and I have been shopping at your store quite a bit this Christmas season and receiving your promotion buttons in the process. I am quite frustrated by the lack of response on JCPenney's part when it comes to sending the winning certificate to me.

I am still waiting for two $10.00 certificates I supposedly won on Sun Dec. 16 and my husband is still waiting for one he supposedly won on Dec. 13 - $10.00. I have had 5 buttons that the contest site said were already used. I am very frustrated that a reputable company would be running a corrupt contest.

October 25th, 2012 The reason I'm writing this now, I just found out about the summer associate shopping spree.
Back in the summer I had went into the Athens JCP store asking about the associate shopping spree. I was told that there was one, but it was only, for the associate who was working in that store. I have been talking to another retired associate and she was told the same thing. She and I both are grandparents and we buy our grand kids school clothes at JCP every year,. because of this we went to other stores and shopped. Today I was talking to an associate in the Tyler store about the Fall associate shopping spree and that was when I found out about the , above subject. ARE THE RETIRED ASSOCIATE NOT BEENING INCLUDED IN ANY MORE SHOPPING SPREES? I would really like to speek to a person.903-675-4556

My husband and I went shopping and got a button it said the code was already used, also my mother and I went and spent way over $600.00 on merchandise and the 2 buttons we got the codes were ready used, how can they already be used when I didn't even put them in yet ? I've had at least 7 buttons that say they've already been used. I called JCP customer service and they said to e-mail complaint here. I threw out the buttons. after the last 2, I called. I shop at westfield in toledo ohio. My daughters who live in defiance and perrysburg and shop in their town.

I need 2 button codes for the 2 buttons that I tried to use but they have been used be4 I got these buttons. My $25.00. Penney's gift certificate haven't arrived yet. I claimed less than 48 hours on the 7th or 8th of December and still waiting for it. I have tried to check my buttons all morning and still get invalid. I called and they told me to e-mail at e-mail info@jcpbuttons.com, I hope this is the right site to voice my complaint! This is crazy having to e-mail a complaint! My button numbers are pw9q192 and a4np9er. Please e-mail me and let me know what is going on and if they are winners. I also can't believe I have to enter those stupid words again! Have not got any buttons like that. It was very frustrating going out everyday to pennys just to get 2 buttons and find they've already been used.

I will never shop at this department store again. The corporation itself has abysmal customer service! I placed an order on the 25th of November, got an email indicating shipping on the 9th of December and when I still didn't receive any updates on shipping information, I called in to check...only to be told that they had cancelled my order and refunded me my money back because the warehouse had a shortage. Uh, where was my notification email? Are you seriously going to be providing such horrible service this close to Christmas? Now I have to scramble to find an alternative present because JCP was unprofessional and didn't think it was important to let their customers know about changes to their orders. I called into the main office and they were unprofessional as well. One actually hung up on me and the other offered me a measly 15% off as compensation. No, I don't want your 15% off. I wanted and expected good customer service but I guess that's too much to expect from JCP. I will no longer shop here and will tell everybody I know this story so that they will avoid this corporation as well. You messed up, JCP. Bad customer service doesn't fly here in America.

I went to the JC Penney store in Evansville, Indiana which is located at Eastland Mall. I went on Thursday, April 4, 2013 at approximately 3:15pm. My goal was to go to the men's department and purchase a pair of pants for my husband. I went to the men's department hoping to find a pair of blue Docker's relaxed fit pants. I found the Docker's pants but there were no relaxed fit pants and there were no blue pants. I looked around at other displays to find what I was looking for. After several minutes of looking, I attempted to find an associate to help me. There was one gentleman who was assisting customers with purchases but no one else was in sight. I looked for a few minutes and decided to leave. I was in the store for 15 minutes. I then went to a competitor at the mall, found the pants in the style, color and size that I needed within 5 minutes of entering that store. I have been displeased with JC Penney over the last few months and do not plan to go back to JC Penney any time soon.

I got my son's birthday pictures taken by JCP Portraits on Saturday, March 16 2013 and when I got home I realized I used the wrong coupon for the pictures, so I called right away to see if I could do some sort of return so I could use my son's bday coupon on these pictures. The lady I spoke with was very rude and was no help at all. I then wrote directly to them to let them know exactly what happened in case anyone else would be able to assist me, I haven't recieved a response, so now I'm here. I'm extremely disapointed in the customer service I recieved and if it's not resolved I will not return to JCP Portraits again and will be letting people know about this.

Hello,
I have been going to JCPenny for years and in June 2011 as i was leaving the store, manager April, who i know but am having problems with, started to say many rude and ignorant things. She raised her voice and start yelling at me which was def not professional. Mean while i was 9 months pregnant and was def embarrassed to argue with her in jcpenny so i asked her to come outside so we can talk it over. Instead of her acting like a women from the start, she decided to yell AT ME and at that call security on me..... You should tell your employees to keep their personal lives at home because since then i have not been back to that specific jcpenny. I use to shop there constantly buying jewlery, shoes, cloths but now i go a lil further to the next mall which has a Macys"s. Thank you very much for your time and i hope this complaint is one step in making JCPenny a more better and classier place.

Went to JCPenney on Black Friday to return suit pants that I ordered for my husband. Could not exchange because they didn't have correct size. After finally settling on what they had in stock, we decided to order another pair of pants as an xtra because several events coming up. When we got to the event which was out of town, we noticed the security tag had not been removed. Not a JCPenney in the vicinity so had to drive out of our way that morning. Didnt realize the pants had a broken zipper until that evening. Returned pants, but didn't get another pair for one was on order. Checked on order while in store, but was told that it couldn't be tracked by my telephone #. Didn't have receipt with me, so I thought I would wait till later. After not receiving pants as we were told we would receive them in just a couple of days.

Called store they said they couldn't find the order to call 800# at bottom of receipt. No 800# at bottom of receipt. She gave me 800#. Called 800#, after being on hold for 15 minutes at 8:40 on a Thursday night. While on hold I had time to track order by myself. Website was terrible. Website was listed on bottom of receipt but not 800#. Entered website as listed on receipt and it came up as no longer a working site. Therefore, had to go a whole other route to track the order. When I tracked with the same # as I gave to store clerk, order came right up. It said the pants were just now shipped, should receive in a day or two, but that is too late for the event that we need them for. Very disappointed in Penneys. All these little things add up to a complete annoyance and I will think twice before shopping there again.

I tried on a underscore 48 ddd in your Brandon, Florida store today. I usually buy my bras from JcPenneys because of how much I save on the bra. This time the bra was tight and when I tried to take it off I had a very difficult time. Also the Brandon store does not have a sales person in the bra area as I have shopped the JcPenneys in Wesley Chapel, Florida in the Wiregrass Mall and they had my size and there was some there to help me. I had a 48 ddd on that stretches but your bra had no give and barely stretched. I even tried to find a 50 or 52 ddd and this store did not have them. You should carry bigger sizes in your stores so that all kinds of women can feel comfortable to buy a bra from you. I was so disappointed in your store. There was no one near the bra area to help me. I use to love JcPenneys but my experience questions if I will ever shop there.

I bought a bunch of clothes online from your website. got it in the mail a week later. the jeans I ordered were different brand,size,color than what I received! I was told I had to pay for shipping to return them( not my mistake). than I went to exchange one of my shirts and the lady instead returned it and told me they didn't have any other sizes so not only did I JUST tell her I wanted the shirt even if I cant get it in a smaller size, I had to buy it again and since I bought it during black Friday/ cyber week/ Saturday sale, I wouldn't be able to get the discounts and would have to pay full price. I used to love JCP but after this in less than 2 days apart from one another, I will never shop there again. JCP should be ashamed in how they deal with customers. you want people to order from y'all and than during your one week busiest shopping day(which you had months to prepare for) you were way off your game! get it together JCP,.

The "Spencer" queen size bed was delivered by a company called Excel in Ral. NC. Bed was ordered in store at JC Penny in Ral. NC. The bed was put together by the delivery company, midway thru the assembly they told me that the 8 screws that came in the package were too short & wouldn't work. They were shorter than the depth of the wood slats that were to be inserted into, which is the base of the bed.

They told me they're not responsible for rectify the error, & that I should take it up with the manufacture & they needed to go to their next delivery. I called the JCP 800# on my receipt & spoke with Angela, who said she'd send new bed out to me, & if I had any problems again (which I had had with the delivery company) to call & ask for her.

I called her less than 1 hr. later & was on hold for 12min. The person on the other line said she would give her my message & she'd call me back. Never heard from anyone! I'm stuck with an incomplete assembled bed, & very agitated & disgusted with this entire transaction!!

I have always purchased my Levi jeans from JCPenney. Until now that is! I have always considered JCP Levi jeans "seconds" because they are never sewn perfectly;especially down the leg seams. BUT I just bought six new pair and the two 505's are totally unwearable! The legs and crotch are sewn off enough that they can't even be pulled up to your waist. And because I have never had such a major issue with JCPLevis, I tore all the tags off and threw them out in Mondays trash. I have to drive a distance to shop the store and don't plan on returning for some time. I suppose I will have to eat the hundred bucks I paid for the two unwearable pairs. We use to enjoy their selection of clothing, now they cater to skinny jeans, see through materials, and kids clothes. Time to pay off the card and say so long...

I am very upset that after being an outstanding customer with JC Penney's that I have had so much trouble initiating an order on-line. I have copied the information. I would like to know why I am receiving "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors". Everything is the same ~~ nothing has changed as far as any personal information in order to place an order. My order that I tried to initiate is the following: SPORTS APPAREL 2499 Item# TS217-0136F -- Alabama Crimson Tide Youth Grey Tackle Twill Hooded Sweatshirt
Size: Medium (10-12)status:manufacturer shipped (ships in 1 week). Item shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.
Total:$25.00. Your assistance on this issue will be greatly appreciated. I have never had this much trouble ordering anything from JC Penney's in many years. Thank you. Carol Oakley

On November 8 I had an appointment with Jessica at the JC Penney Salon in University Mall located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. My regular stylist was not in so I had the appointment with Jessica. I gave her great details about my fine hair and my cow lick in the back making sure she understood what I did and did not want her to do. She did exactly everything I said NOT to do. I was horrified with my short hair that looked so bad I would not be seen in public. I got my money refunded and demanded another stylist rewash and restyle my hair. I got a great girl who stated she would do what she could with what hair I had left. I called the next day and complained to the Manager, Judy Johnson. She said she would "talk" with Jessica and offered me free cuts until my gets back to where it was before the cut. It has been one week today and I have a bald spot showing in the back where my cowlick is which is what I explained to Jessica that I could not have short layers there cause my hair needs to be long enough to cover the cow lick. I am hurt, upset and devastated over my hair. Jessica needs to have more training in hair styling, listening to the client and should be fired over what she did to my hair. Refunding my money and offering free cuts does nothing to compensate me for the damage done to my hair. I want someone at the corporate level to know what happened and do something about it.

In late-spetember of 2012 I called the Manteca, CA Jcpenney store to learn about a job application that I had turned in online at your main Careers page on the Jcpenney.com, the previous week. it was only 7 or 8 day's later when i called to inquire about the job, since it was still on the website career page. When I asked the human resource manager about my application and the position that I applied for, my reception was met with a cold shoulder and hostilite. The HR manager was extremely rude to me and lied to me saying "I'm sorry but we currently arent hiring full time positions". As she said the previous sentence to me, I was still looking at the open Career page for that store and it was STILL showing the the full-time store associate opening position. I'm very discouraged and angered that your store HR manager for your Jcpenney store in Mantec, CA would lie about an open job position to a prospective job seeker. I've been shopping at that Jcpenney's store for 3 years now, and I will never go back. If anyone ever asks me about working there I tell them to keep moving and dont waste your time.

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?