J.C. Penney Customer Service

Contact J.C. Penney Corporate

Welcome to the J.C. Penney complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against J.C. Penney online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the J.C. Penney corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with J.C. Penney?

File a complaint here!

Reach J.C. Penney Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• J.C. Penney corporate office

Top J.C. Penney Complaints

My wife went to the salon in lake city Fl. in which we are new to the area.Having always used Penny's for her hair. This visit was the worst that she has ever had. She has gotten perms and it always took about 2 hrs. This was done in 55 min. and came out with a wet head and was told it will dry by itself. She got sick and had to be put in the Hospital so when she got better we stopped in to talk to the hair styles and was told it looked OK and that is all that can be done. She wanted to have her hair colored but with the way she was treated did not want it done with them. There was never an apology and never talked to see what could be done to fix her hair. Felt this is not the Penny's that we are us to always willing to rectify the problem?

Comment (0)

I had an item to J.C. Penney that needed return and I stood in line waiting for my turn, when i went to to the register, the associate named (Claudia) asked for my receipt and I gave it to her, she started to process the return and when it comes to refund my credit card, she asked to me insert my credit card, although CC machine displayed swipe CC for refund, anyway, i followed her instructions, but it didn’t work, she tried again and same results.

I told her that the machine displays swipe J.C. Penney CC, but she replied to me very rudely, that the CC has a chip and this is the only way to do it, and she tried to call MOD, without any luck, I asked her again to just try it as the machine says, but again in a very aggressive, confronting rude tone she said no, these are the rules and I have to follow them, and then she tried to call MOD again. She kept me for 15 minutes till she was able to reach MOD, who advised her to swipe the card.

So she did and completed the refund. I told her that I have been asking you to try it for the last 15 minutes, her response to me that I always have issues with return. I asked her what do you me, I have my item (unopened) I have my receipt, she didn’t reply and hand my the refund receipt very rudely with out an apology for the wait, her mistake or her nasty attitude. I am not sure how you hire such people in front line. I need a response from you management regarding this experience and someone needs to speak with her.

Comment (0)

I am very discouraged by the J.C. Penney black friday promotion this year. I was fortunate enough to receive one of these coupons and attempted to use it online per instructions. I used the chat feature on your website and they told me I could not use the coupon online and needed to wait until after 5p to use in store. That is not what the coupon states as you can see. Very frustrated by poor customer service.

Comment (0)

I am so disappointed. On their page they have a picture of a hutch for sale and that picture includes a changing table. However the changing table was not included. When the hutch came I was very disappointed to discover this. I looked to see if I could buy the changing table and what do you know, they don't sell it anymore, even though they keep a picture of it up. So when I asked to return it I was told I had to pay $75 dollars on top of the $75 delivery fee. So in order to get it returned I had to take a $150 loss. The hutch was $160. I am so mad and upset about this, I don't know if I will ever shop at JCP again. Also, the lady I talked to at JCP online was so rude.

Comment (0)

On Sunday November 13, 2016 I was in the Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL J.C. Penney store. I found in your store an a.n.a black jacket while walking to the shoe department. The jacket caught my eye and the price was very appealing because of the sale sign stating that it was $24.99. It said "Juniors' Pleather Jackets" and the whole rack was filled with both black and camel colored ones of the same style. Not even thinking, I tried it on and thought the jacket fit well and the price was good. At check out the jacket rang up for $69.99. I told the cashier that the sign said $24.99. Because the store was busy she asked her department manager, Patti, for direction.

Patti told me the price was $69.99 and walked off looking for the sign. I followed her and showed her the rack and sign. She pointed out that the $24.99 price was only for the jackets that were originally $52.00. She checked the rack, and didn't see any $52.00 jackets and started checking all the racks in the vicinity looking for the $52.00 jackets. She came back to the original rack and found found two intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. As I was standing there she didn't say a word, showed me the two $52.00 jackets that were on the rack intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. I asked her why the sign said $24.99 and the rack was full of $120.00 jackets.

She said that only the Juniors jackets were marked down and the a.n.a jackets were not Juniors, I asked how was anyone to know which jackets were juniors and which were not by the brand name. I did not receive and answer so I returned to the register to pay for my purchases. As I was standing at the register I happened to see Patti come back with the sale sign that she had taken off the rack of jackets. As a department manager Patti was unprofessional and huffy and was not interested in this at all, her J.C. Penney department made a pricing mistake and she was not willing to make it good. Her attitude was: it's not $24.99 and that's the bottom line.

The end result should have been that I got the jacket for $24.99 and the sign taken down. This seems from shopping at J.C. Penney's that it is normal for them to have the sale sign on the wrong item. I find this to be a bad business practice and will have to think twice before shopping there again. Please see the attached pictures to prove my point.

Comment (0)

I placed an order for a pair of boots on jcp.com and had them shipped to the store. I was told they would be ready in 4-7 days 15 days later the store can't find my order called customer service no one can seem to track the shipment and on top of all that I have to wait 3-5 business days to hear from someone about a refund. This is the worst service I've ever had and very annoying. I will never order from them again!

Comment (0)

I was in the J.C. Penney store #0766 331 Brandon Town Center Brandon Fl 33511 on 10/0/16 @ 19:00 I went to the Jewelry dept. because I needed a battery for my watch. There was 3 cashier's working one Asian lady at one counter with a customer and 1 Asian, l white lady at the other counter with one J.C. Penney customer. I proceeded to the counter with 2 cashiers patiently waiting the white lady looked me in the face and didn't acknowledge me. So I went to the other counter and waited a gentle man with a beeper and wearing a red shirt came through the store and stood exactly where I stood. She was laughing with him.

She left that counter and went to another count still not acknowledging me. So I asked him if it was someone who could help me at the repair counter and he said sure and called her over. She came over to the counter and I told her that I wanted to get a battery for my watch. She went on, & on about I didn't get the watch from penny's, wanted to know where the back was I told her that I did, She really argued with me about my watch. Then she said that penny's only did that during the week. I told her I was traveling and just needed a battery.

She then told me that she didn't have one. I have never felt racism like I felt that day. I told her that I wanted to talk to management because she was very rude, she came from behind the counter and followed me to the other counter where I went to talk to the other cashier she came up on me I put my hand up and told her to give me 50 feet, she ask me not to put my hand up in her face, and I told her that she was in my space. Jocelyn came and I told her what I needed she check my watch, and replace the battery. She gave me the poor J.C. Penney customer service that I deserved.

I'm sure that you guy's have this on camera footage. This woman does not need to be working in customer service. She argued, with me about where I got my watch from as if I stole it, you may not have it then but you had it at 1 time. Then on top of all that she lied to me said that Penney's didn't have a battery. I have never been treated like that before.

Comment (0)

My complaint is that I was in line for the cards your store was giving out and the woman in front of me took my card and she started screaming it was my 100 off 100. I thought you were only allowed one card. At the end I received none because it was the last one. I don't know if the employee knew her but that was the worst experience ever.

Comment (1)

On August 6, 2016 I dropped off my Seiko Solar watch for a "clasp repair, since it was having a repair I opted to have the watch cleaned too. I was called in a day or two and informed the cost would be $34.00 to be serviced. I agreed to the cost and servicing. Estimated completion date, as per my Repair Claim Ticket was 9/3/2016. To date, and 6 calls to JC Penney's, my watch is not completed, speaking to 3 associates who are not sure "what is going on with the repair order, I am totally frustrated and worried my watch is not safe, returnable or repaired. I did not receive any call backs from the associate's, I had to do the follow-up back to the associates.

Two days ago, , I spoke to an associate who informed me she would be calling the company they sent the watch out for repair, and she would "call me back within an hour, no later than late in the afternoon. I spoke with her at 10:00 am. Well, here we go again. This is the 3rd day and no reply from associate. When I spoke to the associate 3 days ago, I stated to her, "this situation is unacceptable, and I want a new watch to replace the watch the store associate sent out for repair on 8/6/16.

No if's or but's. I have been patient, more than understanding since I had to call associates back after I was told they would call me. It is now Oct. 19, 2016 going into Nov. 2016. Service has been very poor, associates responses very poor, and the time frame of 8/6/16 to promised 9/2016 is way, way past over. And no one knows the status or whereabouts of my watch. This is very poor business for a very loyal and courteous customer with JC Penney.

Info on store is: JCPenny, Store # 2768, phone number: 609 889 7700 option #3 for Jewelry. My Repair Claim Ticket states: " In the event of damage or loss, the JCPenny Company will repair or replace the item at your option." Since I do not know if it is damaged, loss or "my watch" being returned, my option is to have my watch replaced with a new watch of same. I don't want "whatever they are going to give me at this point; too much time has been lost to know if it is my watch, someone else, or a used old watch lying around and be passed off to me!

I don't feel this is an unreasonable request due to the circumstances. I would like to pick up a new watch within 2 days at this store location. They do have them in the glass case. At this point, this is the only resolution I will accept. The service was a horrible experience, and I am very upset of the circumstances. Kindly inform the store, department, and associate of my request, and the ok to perform the transaction from J.C. Penney.

Comment (0)

I'm extremely upset with this JC Penney's company support, just had to call over ten times due to the call not transferring. Then they tell me I missed a credit card payment, when in fact I payed my payment. They raised my mind payment & I was unaware of the change. They charged me with a late fee. I'm taking my services else where asap. No wonder nobody pays attention to their products anymore.

Comment (1)

We received the wrong size of vertical blinds. It was ordered with the wrong size. I didn't notice it. Whether my husband wrote down the wrong size of whether numbers got transposed, I do not know. I called when we received this and was told as per the information stated in the box it was returnable, either by UPS or at the store. So, with the help of my 29 year old son and a borrowed SUV, we brought the vertical blinds back into the store. The lady who was called to the desk, Theresa was very rude.

She said the item was not returnable, they were all on a conference call..she didn't know how long it would last and I could wait if I wanted. After 40 minutes, we left. She said someone would call me. No one called. I asked her if I could buy the horizontal piece ( the one with the incorrect size) alone. She quote a price more than $100 more than my total purchase. This was after she originally said no, it couldn't be done. My son said this was the worst customer service that he ever experienced such poor customer service. We left.

I then went on line to write a complaint to JC Penny complain department but was told my order number was incorrect so it would not send the email. The order number was exactly what was printed on the order and listed as order number. I am upset upset.

Comment (0)

I made a purchase today at JCP store at your store in Brandon, Fl. I went to pay for purchase and I was shocked to see one of your clerks dressed in total black clothing from head to toe. I got out of line and went to another register to pay. I could not believe that Penny's would hire someone dressed like that . I think there are plenty of Americans that would love to have that job. I'm sure that I am not the only customer that noticed it. If they live here they should dress as we do, this is a slap in our face.

Comment (6)

Made a payment of $ 200.00 at the Hagerstown JC Penney on May 12, 2016. Got my statement today, May 31, 2016 and forum that the $200.00 payment had not been applied to my account and they charged me a late fee. Called customer service and gave them this info and the payment receipt info. Also told them the check cleared my account on May 17, 2016. Advised me that they see the payment but they could not apply? Gave me to another customer service person and things got worse.

They implied that we needed to send several documents to a given address before the payment could be applied even though JC Penney cashed our check. Total frustration trying to understand the customer service person communication so I abruptly hung up. Will take my frustration to the Hagerstown store where the payment was entered. Have been a customer for a long time ,but this incident has caused me to rethink my relationship with JC Penny.

Comment (0)

I called jcpenny corporate customer relations. A female by the name of Tiffany answered. I gave Tiffany the information that i was calling about and she continued to ask me the same questions over and over as if she didn’t know how to help or maybe she didn’t want to help. I asked to speak with someone higher and she told me that their was no one higher and that i was speaking to corporate. I asked Tiffany if she was the only one working in that area at that time and she danced around the question and told me once again that this was jcpenny corporate office that i was speaking with. I told Tiffany that i was going to hang up and try back to get someone else.

I called back Tiffany answered once again i then asked her if she was the only one working and she said once again this is corporate. I started talking to her letting her know that i needed someone higher up because she kept making me repeat my self. Tiffany push the music button on me, i told her that was rude and that i was going to ask someone higher to pull the call…strangely a supervisor named Shirley became available. Shirley took care of my needs; however, i am still reporting Tiffany. Beware of Tiffany at jcpenny corporate customer relations. This call between Tiffany and i took place at 4:43 pm on this day of January 30, 2016. I called back again at 4:46 pm please pull the calls.

Comment (0)

I bought a mattress on line and it did not fit the need of my wife to flat not good ask them to come and pick it up it took two month for them to come and it is 2016 and have not receive a refund as of yet spoke with different one's about it this happen in Sept. 2015 and this is 2016 need help this very, very poor service. They want me to paid $139.00 for restocking this item they need to price me I am still getting the run around help. It was sitting in my living room for almost 2 month I could not use this room.

Comment (0)

My husband ordered me a jewelry item and was told it would be in by Christmas. It wasn't. The customer service at Barton creek in the jewelry dept has been negative. They just said another customer is having to wait. No apologies no care. My husband had to go in person to check. It has been over. 2 weeks since it was supposed to be delivered. Never had a problem with J.C. Penney customer service in the past. This is our last purchase there.

Comment (0)

While shopping at the JCP at Barton Creek Square Mall in Austin, TX, I was harassed by an employee in the Men's department. I'm not sure of the name of this employee, he was an average height with wild curly hair. Employees and their managers should not be allowed to harass customers. I want action taken against this employee. I know many people who shop here, I will spread the word and let them know to no longer shop here or they will run the risk of being harassed by your employees. This complaint should be forwarded to the J.C. Penney corporate offices for review by management!

Comment (0)

At your Avenues Mall location, Jacksonville, FL, I was treated extremely rude by two associates: one reluctantly answered a question, the other totally contradicted the first and raised her voice at me. I had over $500 worth of merchandise, which I left at the second employees register. Train your employees with some customer curiosity. I'll never shop at Penny's again!

Comment (0)

I ordered a monogramed/personalized hand towel on line. I ordered the name in all capital letters and the color of the monogram to be black. I picked my item up from the store and discovered it was not monogramed as I had ordered. The monogram color was white and the name was wrong as Pastor, not capitalized as I ordered. I was also charged for shipping and handling even though this was a ship to store order. JC Penny took it upon their self to send what they wanted and not what I ordered, I should be credited in full and compensated with the correct merchandise as ordered. The mistake made was at the fault of JC Penny.

Comment (0)

On 1/23/15 I mailed a box of vacation clothes for my husband to Lehigh Acres FL $28.00 My husband arrived in FL on 1/28/15 calls me to let me know he did not receive the pkg. I call the FL PO and the tell me that they still have the pkg and they will deliver it today 29th husband calls no pkg I call the PO and they tell me I need to talk to the carrier I say okay they say he's out sick for a week and I should call back then I call back then and he tells me he wasn't working the day of the delivery I say let me talk to the person who did work that day she's not on till Saturday Now I call back and get a supervisor that can't understand why my pkg says it was delivered at 10:04 am because the carriers do not leave for delivery till at least 11:00am.

I try calling a couple more times with no answers fast forward My brother in law calls and tells me he received the pkg I call the FL PO office and talk to a supervisor and I tell her that the pkg somehow appeared and she said that she found it in the supply room and that it was scanned on 1/27/15 as POSTAL SUPPLIES and that when she was putting things away in the back room that she came across it and since she had just talked to me she knew to get it delivered . I was instructed to have him bring the pkg to the PO and reject delivery The supervisor in FL told me this was the fastest way of getting the pkg back I asked if she could handle the transaction in FL and she said No she was on her way to a doctors appt but she would talk to the post master (Jackie) and let her know what was going on.

My brother in law goes there and asks for Jackie and she has no idea what he was talking about he rejects delivery on the 2/17 I was told it would go out that day they try delivering it back to my brother in law TWO more time finally I ask my PO in MN to call down there and please have them get me my damn package she does and I see it a week later I call the complaint department which was a total waste of my time They know and admit that this whole transaction was a total FIASCO but there is nothing they can do but apologize It was scanned as postal supplies with the postal supply scanner and I get an " I'm sorry" Well la di da 44 days 18 phone calls 5 different individuals I'm the SORRY one Thanks for nothn'

Comment (0)

I am very dissapointed that I got up early this Black Friday morning, was nearly first in line 45 minutes before the doors opened at 6am. I had one item that I wanted to get, so the doors opened, and I rushed to find the Cooks Waffle maker for $8. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw stacks of griddles, slow cookers and toasters. Not one waffle maker in sight. I asked around and no one else could find them. I looked through the store and no one else had a waffle maker either.

I was then told at the checkout that I could purchase the item online, so I left the store dissapointed but hopeful. Only to be cruched again when I searched online and found that the clerks at the store had lied to me. I thought the term bait and switch was outlawed years ago, but I see it is alive and working great for JC Penny. I will tell all my friends about the lies and deciet at this untrustworty store. Very dissapointed in Orlando.

Comment (0)

On 12/20/12 at about 4 p.m. my husband and I went to the Greenwood, Indiana JC Penney store (0355)to purchase new watches for Christmas. While trying on new Seiko solar battery watches, I took off my 10-year old Citizens watch and put it on the counter. The sales clerk picked up my old watch and put it in the glass case. After trying on the new watches, I asked for my old watch, and he told me that it was the store's watch. I made him check, and he agreed it was my used Citizens watch in the Seiko case, so he gave it back to me.

The next part is the really strange part of this complaint. A man suddenly appeared and stayed with my husband and I while we continued to shop for watches. We found two new Seiko watches and paid for them with a credit card and got a receipt. We asked the clerk to have them sized to fit us. He disappear with the new watches for 30 minutes while two sales ladies stood by us -- one of them rudely asking if we had paid for the watches.

Finally a clerk brought us my husband's new watch, which hadn't been sized correctly, while we again waited for the other watch. We finally got tired of waiting, returned the watch, and asked for a refund, so we could go another store in the mall and purchase new watches.

After purchasing new watches at the Helzberg jewelry store, we decided to leave the mall through the JC Penney store because we had parked behind the store, and the weather was dreadful. When we entered the JC Penney store to exit the mall, the same man who had followed us around came up to us and followed us to the back exit of the store before turning around and returning to the store.

My husband and I have shopped at JC Penney for over 40 years, and we have never been followed around the store like criminals or had to deal with incompetent and rude salespeople. This will be our last trip to JC Penney stores, and we plan to tell everyone we know about this bad experience.

Comment (0)

I was shopping at the Avaiaton JCPenny in Glens Falls NY. I am a case manager and had ripped my pants and needed to purchase a new pair. I was standing in line at the counter and the nasty ill tempered casher Gabby, rudely informed me that I needed to stand in the correct place and nodded her head where the line formed to the right.

There was the one person she was waiting on and no one else in the deparment. If I didn't need new pants to continue my work I would have left. I have shopped in JCPennys for all my life. My curtains, bedding and clothing is 90% purchased from JCPenny. I will never shop in the JCPenny at the store again.

Comment (0)

While shopping at JC Penny, the cashier asked me if I would like to apply for a Penny's credit card and I would receive a 20 per cent discount on the purchased items. I applied and was rejected. Since I told the cashier that there must be a mistake since my credit was excellent she said that the company would send me a letter explaining. I then received a letter saying that the credit was refused because I was listed as "deceased" by the TransUnion Credit Reporting Co.

I contacted TransUnion and they went into a denial mode. JC Penny should look into this and look for a different Credit Reporting Company to use.

Comment (0)

My son received several gifts for Christmas from JCPenney. I went yesterday to exchange the gifts for different sizes. I didn't want a different product, just different sizes. The clerk rang up the items and processed them as returns on a gift card. When the items were purchased for my son at Christmas time they were purchased on a newly opened JCPenney account so not only were the items on sale for Christmas, there was an additional percentage taken off for the new credit card account. So the amount put on my gift card to exchange the items was less than what the products now cost. So I ended up having to pay out of pocket the difference to exchange the same items!! This is treating your customers wrong. I've closed my JCPenney account and will no longer be shopping there. I have informed my friends and family to do the same.

Comment (0)

I have been shopping at jc penneys for years. I buy my granddaughters jeans and most clothes at the Salmon Run Mall store in Watertown NY. Yesterday I took my granddaughter who is 10 years old there to buy some jeans. There was no selection and the kids department 7-16 was mostly empty of merchandise. I mentioned this to the sales associate and she said the trend is now to be more boutique style like Macy's. As far as I'm concerned that statement was a load of crap. I told a friend of mine who also was shopping there about the statement and she said she mentioned the same thing to another sales associate and was told the low inventory was because jcpenney's wants people to shop online more. Tell me, how do you shop online alot for a growing child without the child trying on the items? Different brands size differently and don't fit all. I was just so disappointed for my granddaughter not to have any selection to choose from. I won't be shopping at jcpenney's anymore. There are plenty of other store like Kohl's that always have plenty of merchandise for children and myself. If your new plan is to get more customers, you've failed as far as I'm concerned.

Comment (0)

At age 70, I am a lifelong customer of JCPenney's and my husband even worked for the company in NYC for 30 years. Recently we read that the company is in trouble and I must say, I am not surprised. I have just had one of the worst experiences ever trying to purchased items online. Initially, the computer invoice did not show my sale discounts so I called for help. I got what was obviously a new employee who said that she whould need to start over with the order. I said, "Okay, take your time". That turned out to be a hassle. A few days later, when nothing showed up at the door, I checked my order online and found out it had been cancelled. Nobody contacted me even though they said that they did. If they did, there was not much effort put into it because I am a shut-in, home all day. When I called again, a lady said that I "probably" had a problem with a credit card. I said, " Not possible. We pay off our bills automatically each month. There is no problem with the card, it is current and in good standing". She said call back tomorrow when the credit department is open and then gave me the wrong number so that I went around and around on the phone tree next morning and never heard a human voice. Called order department again. They said the order had been cancelled and they would need to input everything yet again. I waited. Was told that more than half of the items I had ordered were no longer available because of the delay with the order. Arrrrgh. Okay, go ahead and reorder the rest. Today, I checked the new order and find that in the transition the person ordered the wrong size on one item which will mean a trip to the store for a return by my husband. Of course, it will be a surprise if anything at all shows up, the current order says that it is being reviewed? This is pitiful. While I am venting, why don't they get a clue and put check-out desks up front where they can be found, realize that the new catalogues are useless, put some warm bodies in strategic places on the store floor so that if there is a problem, there is someone to help? Also, and most of all, please recognize that people don't like change in institutions. Penneys was always a place that you could count on to be there. Not any more and it is so sad.

Comment (0)

My understanding is that J.C. Penney has chosen to not apologize for their support of the SNL presentation mocking Jesus Christ. I will no longer be a client of their store, and I will recommend to my friends and family that they refrain from patronizing J.C. Penney's.

Comment (0)

My husband goes out to find us a new bed set and new sheets. I wasn't bake to be there and he so wonderfully would text me fit my opinion. After finding one we liked and he continued to shop for sheets. The entire time an overweight, short, short haired lady stands there and watched him like he was a criminal. She never offered to help.

Then once that was too much he gets to the register and a manager with the nastiest manor possible tells him she won't help him and he has to go to the other side if the store. After he does move over the manager decides she can help anyone else but my husband. She speaks right up and takes the next person walking up to her side if the registers.

I will warn all I can from going to this specific store. I'm even returning the bed set and sheet set to the store. It makes me sick to have it. Jcpenney obviously doesn't need customers to help or be courteous to. I will pay more somewhere else just so I don't have to go there.

Comment (1)

We recieved 2 buttons before the 18th of December 2012. We came home and put them on the computer as instructed and one came up that we had won $10. No notification came up on our computer later as the $5 button we had won did. We left on the 19th for family Christmas celebrations in New Hamshire. We arrived home after the 1st of the year.

While in NH we checked the computer every day and no notification. We checked through the U.S. mail and there was no notification. My daughter also had a $10 button and we entered it in her name, Jolie Whitten. The same thing happened there. No notification that she was getting it and nothing in the mail.

What do we do to get our $10 coupons? I don't think very much of this contest/advertisment as it did not live up to its word. Thank you for taking care of this.

Comment (0)

On December 27th, I ordered six Fiesta ivory java mug dishes. I paid with a gift card and my bank account. When my order didn't arrive by January 7th, my husband called and was told they were shipped and would be here on the 9th. Then I got an email saying the bowls I ordered were cancelled, even though I ordered mugs.

I called on the 9th to see what was happening and they said the warehouse cancelled my order because they didn't have it. I am upset that it took so long for them to realize and tell me they didn't have the order. When I expressed my disappointment,your customer service seemed like they really didn't care how I felt about the situation and did nothing to encourage me to continue to shop at Penny's.

I also have to wait two weeks to have my gift card refunded. I expected more from your store. At this point, I am not feeling as though I will shop at your store given the number of other choices I have. It would be nice if you offered something o encourage customers who are truly inconvenienced to maintain their loyalty to your store.

Comment (0)

On 12/14/12 I received two messages that I had won $5.00 and $10.00. I claimed the winning on the same date. The response was SUCCESS and he message was that I will receive emails for my respective certificates with 48 hours. I have not received tham so far.

I do not hat the code numbers because I threw away the buttons after receiving the message that I had won.. I hope you will rush the two certificates because I want to use them for X'mas.

I'm extremely up set I feel JCP is running a scam. I have purchase item from the store through out the holiday and was given buttons for the promotion the store has going and entering without problems won on three occasions.

Today on 12/21/12 purchase more item and was given 6 buttons today and told to enter two a day until promotions is over to try to win a prize. But to my prevail upon entering the buttons it would not go through, kept saying it was entered wrong which wasn't true .

So kept entering it again exactly how it appeared as I have did several time before without problems . At this point all buttons I tried out of the six I was given wouldn't go through.

A friend of the family who works for the better business bureau said I should report it and I'm agree I'm very dissatisfied with JCP, by me not being able to enter the two buttons code I'm missing out on a possible win today, and who knows about the other four.

To whom it may concern I have recently put in my button information in for 2 buttons that were winners and was told to wait 24hrs for notification to print out and its been over a week and no email yet.

I also had an issue where I typed in my button code and it said that I was a winner to check my email and when I checked my email the notification said sorry your buttons no a winner. This has happens 3 times already.

I am a very loyal customer to JCP and the buttons are a great holiday attraction that you have going on but its gets very frustrating when you have problems occur such as this.

Comment (0)

The last 2 times I was in the JC Penney Store in Plymouth, Indiana, I may as well have been invisible. The only thing that brought me to this store to begin with was my $10.00 coupon, but I now think the $10.00 freebie wasn't worth the unpleasant, unfriendly atmosphere. Not once in the whole time I was in the store did any clerk so much as speak, much less ask if I needed assistance with anything. I was well dressed, hair and makeup nicely done, so I know I didn't come off as a homeless indigent that couldn't afford to buy anything, anyway. The sales personnel in this store are rude, inconsiderate, and truly reflect the feeling that they don't want to be there, and they certainly don't want to be bothered with my being there. This was the case BOTH TIMES I was in the store, so it wasn't just one isolated incident. I doubt that I will bother going in this store again, even if it means losing my prized $10.00 coupon. The manager of this store should be removed if this is how the store is run.

Comment (0)

As a credit card holder of Penny's for fifty something years I believe I qualify to make this complaint. Your Black Friday add carried Cooks appliances for $8.00 but very few people had a chance to purchase them as some peopel hoarded them. The thing about this that makes me so mad is a lot of these people turn around and sell these products for more money and make a profit while the rest of us do not even get a chane to purchase even one.

If you really want to keep regular customers I have several suggestions that would greatly help.
1. You could send coupons out to people with credit cards to purchase several at the great price.
2. You could only put a certain number out for sale each day giving more peopel a chance to purchase one.
3. You could limit the number one person can buy at a time.

I hated it whenyou did away with your catalog so I have not been doing much shoping anymore at your store,I use to do all my shopping at Pennys. I do not like standing around forever waiting to get help when trying to look for semi sheer curtains. I finally give up and either go else where or go home.

Now this latest fiasco with the Black Friday sales hs really turned people against the Penny store. Ipersonally do very litttle shopping in our Pennys store in Valley View Mall La Crosse, Wisconsin and this latest fiasco with the special COOKs appliances has really angered me. Don't be surprised to see a lot of previous customers quit shopping in you store. Your new advertising and promotion SUCKS.

Comment (0)

I am writing today because I am beyond frustrated. Last week I placed a catalog order for a bedspread, blanket, pillow shams and drapery. On Tuesday of this week I got a phone call telling me my order was in. On my lunch hour I went down to JC Penny's to pick up my order. Apparently the more catalog order area has been discontinued, so as you know we are to go to any cashier. Sandy in the women’s area waited on me, I told her I needed to pick up a catalog order, she radioed someone and 10 minutes later they showed up. She took the slip that Sandy gave her and disappeared for another 15 minutes; coming back with only the drapes. I was then informed that the rest of my order would be on Friday. I asked why I was even called if the entire order was not it; there was no answer except an apology. I figured JC Penny doesn’t care about wasted time on my part so why would they tell me? Sandy rang up the drapes as well as everything else.

I told her that I did not receive all my order, therefore the sales receipt was incorrect. We went back and forth, Sandy was very nice but was apparently not trained to do catalog orders. I insisted that I was not signing because clearly the sales receipt showed that I received everything. She then called Janice over (apparently a catalog order expert) Janice then insisted to me that the sales order was correct, even though it clearly showed all 4 items on it. At this point another manager showed up and said it was correct and then Mark (I assume another sales person) chimed in telling me it was correct and my order would be in on Friday. I implored them to listen to me, I knew this sales receipt was incorrect, but 4 different JC Penny associates insisted it was correct. I told them that I would be back on Friday and I guaranteed them that as far as JC Penny's was concerned there would be no order coming in on Friday because as far a JC Penny's was concerned my order was delivered.

I was assured over and over that I was wrong, and by that time with quite a bit of exasperation that the order would still be coming in. Jump forward to Friday, I go in to the store on Friday, what do you suppose happened? You got it, no order. Why? because as far as JC Penny was concerned the order had been delivered. I really, really, tried to stay calm. I had Sandy who waited on me on Tuesday and was a witness to the entire fiasco call management. A really nice woman named Alicia came over. I again explained the situation. She took my receipt and disappeared. When she came back she said "you are correct, the order is not coming because we show it was delivered". I asked Alicia to talk to Sandy so that she could confirm what I was saying was correct; which she did. I now have company coming and no merchandise to finish the room.

To tell you I am frustrated is an understatement. I worked in retail management for years and I know this all comes down to lack of training on all levels. JC Penny decided to get rid of the catalog department to save money and just throws out the responsibility of it to untrained sales people. Shame on all of you at JC Penney's corporate offices. Customer service is the one thing that will keep companies thriving and JC Penny’s you have failed miserably. Alicia informed me that she would call me when they tracked down the order. Because I had already surpassed my lunch hour I conceded and left. At 2:30 pm Alicia called back to tell me that the order was not found and she would credit me for the merchandise; except for the drapes that I would need to make another trip in for to return. Again I say Shame on you; of course Mark (sales person) pointed out to me on Tuesday “JC Penny’s has been around for 110 years we will be open for another 110”. I am but one customer so I am sure the loss of my patronage won’t be missed, but I was a really good customer and for that alone you should think twice about making sure your people are trained.

Comment (0)

I was shopping Friday in your Silverdale store for a purse. I was looking in the clearence sign areas. $15.00 and up I found a purse in this area but when I check cost it came up regular prise. When ask about it, the comment was some one must of put it there. I showed her that the area had 15 or more of purses with same name brand and only some marked . Her responce sorry someone must of put sign here and took the sign away.

Moving the 10 0r 11 that did have a mark down on it and put with another section that had a sign .. I work retail and if that was a mistake you can move it but you should offer the price that the customer found. Then I went in the jewlery area( not the expencive area) I saw a table and it said $12.00 not $12.00 and up. I pick a pair of earrings I like but those to came up $24.00.

I mention to a sales person and same responce , some one must of put them there. I showed her the table and that the sign did not have and up on it. All the earrings the same as I picked ou and others also were marked wrong. she to changed the sign over and said the stock people didn't put the right side up. There again that is miss lesding .

I fill you must not train your stock people or sales person correctly. When I worked retail if you made a mistake you should give that customer the price and then change it correctly. I am not thrilled with your new policeys.

Comment (0)

I went to the JC Penney store at the Westroads in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday October 13 around 5:00 pm. I selected a pair of shoes to purchase. The only person at the register was helping another customer with many articles of clothing. I looked toward the men's department, saw a man folding clothes at the register. I went over to him. He called for help to check me out. I waited. Another employee came over he said he couldn't help me because he was helping another customer and also had to help someone who was on hold. Clark, the man at the register, called again. No one came again. I waited for the third call. No one came. He finally said "Someone will come eventually." I waited some more. I finally gave up and started walking away. Clark continued to fold his clothes. When I was about 30 feet away, he called for me and asked me if I still wanted the shoes. I asked him if someone was there to check me out. He said no, he wanted me to put them back. Now I left embarrassed. Penneys lost a sale and a customer.

Comment (0)

I visited JCP store # 1960 for purchase check out at terminal 261, transaction # 8850, date 12/08/2012, time 06:57 PM, the associate who handled the transaction her Id was 0231. I had a 20% voucher that did not state that it cannot be combined with a gist card. The associate was rude and discourteous throughout the transaction.

The other associate at that terminal advised her to try it out if the system would allow using the two together. And we understand if the system did not allow BUT fortunately the system accepted it and we did see the final price due but somehow when the receipt printed out we realized that the associate voided the 20% discount without letting us know. My point is that this is cheating the customers and we don’t expect this at JCP at least.

I was sad and furious at the behavior of this associate. Moreover she refused to give us the prize button after the purchase and behaved inappropriately. I would appreciate if JCP takes appropriate action for this incidence.

Comment (0)

I've been a decades long customer, always paid my bills on time and kept a low balance. JC Penny has been my go to when I needed a shower or wedding gift, school clothes, Christmas gifts, etc. All that comes to an end today. I probably owe them around $50. and when the next bill comes in, they get the $50. plus the cut up card.

I have used the salon at Pennys for 20+ years. Today I called for an appointment and was told that I had failed to make my last appointment and that my business was no longer wanted (IN THOSE WORDS). There was no question about why after all these years I might have missed the appointment, just this terse statement. I would never have intentionally missed the appointment, but that's really not the point. In these times you'd think that a company might want to keep their clients, not run them off. Oh well, beauty shops are nearly as plentiful as convenience stores. Their loss not mine.

I tried to call the store manager or customer rep. at this store, but you can't really talk to anyone. Try their automated phones. You can get the shoe dept. or the photographer, but no management of any kind.

Comment (0)

So not only did it take you five months and four different cribs and dressers before I finally got one but when your delivery guys brought it to my house they tracked mud all over my brand new carpet. When I called someone I never heard back from you guys. This is ridiculous and I am extremely upset.

Comment (0)

I made a purchase for two tool boxes from JCP. A few weeks went by and I never received them. I called and spoke with their online purchase department. I was told that my purchase was delivered to another state and they would fix the problem. A week went by and I did a follow-up call. I was then told that it was delivered to the local JCP store by mistake. I tried to get a refund. Hours and weeks later, I was unable to do get a refund from them.

The level of unprofessionalism and care for their customers was unbelievable. Each time I called, I was on the phone for nearly 2 hours. Their online customer care representatives speak little English and are located overseas. I felt like I was part of a Saturday Night Live comedy prank, where I was the victim. They kept me on the phone and avoided any attempt to help me. I asked to speak with a supervisor many times but the ladies who helped me refused and they kept giggling. It was very obvious they were helping me and playing around with co-workers at the same time.

Luckily for them, I remained calm as my purchase with them was work related using a work credit card. The business I worked for was a law enforcement agency. I passed the issue on to another co-worker to handle and she experienced the same exact problems. Her attempts went on for two weeks.

The issue was never resolved. The purchase was approximately $40 and the cost it took two employees to try to resolve the issue with JCP was nearly $1000.

I understand businesses try to save money, but a large corporation such as JCP should have better oversight to ensure their customers are decent customer service. In my experience with JCP, I will never make another purchase with them again.

A few months later, I overheard my supervisor sharing her weekend experience with JCP and how frustrated she was with them. She had purchased a lawn mower from JCP. She said she was on the phone with their customer service people for over two hours and was also unable to resolve her issues.

Comment (0)

I was in the window coverings department today in the JCPenny in Modesto, Ca. and I was completely appauled at the working conditions that your employee had to endure to give me an estimate on a window covering. The computer monitor is embedded in a big table, which cannot be moved at all, and the keyboard that she used to type the information on is about 6 or 7 inches lower which forced her to do the task in a bent over position, straining her back. REALLY? She had no chair to sit and I'm sure it was very uncomfortable, especially for 8 hours. Please reconsider her welfare and give her better working conditions.
Also, I was so dissappointed in the changes your company has made to your furniture department. There is really no choices in furniture anymore. J C Penney in Modesto used to have a really nice furniture dept. with lots of options and choices. So dissappointing.

Comment (0)

I have won four times in your button promotion. One was just tonight so not enough time yet to see if it is messed up too but out of my wins I have only received one certificate to use. I never received a $5.00 and a $10.00 winning certificate.

Dear Jcpenney employees, I am not happy because my friend purchased two bras from your store in Westfield Gallaria, Roseville, and the cashier forgot to take off the tag or whatever you call it that cannot be removed by customers. I lives in Rocklin, which is some ways from the Gallaria.

My husband and myself have shopped at the JcPennys store in the destiny mall in syracuse ny for several weeks and recieving buttons 2 each to enter on line. We have had over 30 buttons come back saying this code was already used .we are extremely upset as you should be that the only explaination for this is that the employess are taking the buttons ,setting up numerous e-mail accounts and recieving rewards that are ment for paying customers.

In my hometown cortland ny,about 1/2 hour away from syracuse 1 out of 6 buttons were a winner,and NOT 1 ever came back as code already used. I am beyond upset at the thought of these employees are ripping off Jcp ,and that they are so good at hiding things no one will ever find out. It is obvious that their jobs arnt that important after all to them.Hopefully there can be a solution to this problem ,thank you.

And I have to go back just to get them removed. I understand that Holidays are very busy and this kind of things happen more. But it is really inconvenient to the customers and it does no good to your reputation, right?

I am sure I completed each stage as directed. I did receive one $10.00 certificate and tonight I won another $10.00 and was told I would receive the certificate within 48 hours. I hope it works this time. Can I still get the certificates I won?

I received two jcp buttons that said codes were already used.

• 4w2nfyv
  • frahq3n

I received them from the Eastern Hill Mall Williamsville New York. Also was told I could only receive one button for two different purchases. I shopped at JCP today Blvd Mall Store and was told store was all out of buttons.

Won a 10.00 certificate. Ever time I tried to claim and print certificate out it said the certificate would be sent to me through e-mail but never received it. I tried retrieving certificate several different times with the same result. Also two of the buttons I received from the store had already been entered by someone else.

Finally when I last tried the e-mail telling me I had won disappeared completely. Didn't get a thing. Believe that Pennys should honor what they say they will. Have been a loyal customer for more than 40 years.

Comment (0)

I have been a JCP customer for years. Enjoyed and purchased merchandise often. My local store which is one of the originals is one I enjoyed shopping in even though it didn't seem it could provide everything due to it's size. It's had some ups and downs in merchandising my needs, but when I visited there a few weeks ago I was pleasd to see how tiddy the racks looked and DISMAYED to discover the lack of merchandising for what I believe to fit our area. Pendleton has virtually not department stores save Walmart for clothing etc. now even JCP doesn't provide even a little of what I ight be looking for on a shopping trip. Don't get me wrong, the employees are excellent.

The store no longer has what I want. When I asked if you carried plus size clothes, I was told no but they could order it for me. I can order that myself. I don't generally shop for clothes online - very few things for that matter. Here's the Christmas season on us and I'll have to drive 75 miles to shop at a JCP store that might have what I'm looking for. Sad, but I don't think the store will make it on it's current marketing plans. Maybe you should become a BIGGER (not smaller) store in Pendleton and buy the now vacant Bank of America Building. For sure Pendleton could use a nice big department store. Anyway, I'm sorely disappointed in the Pendleton's store's direction.

Comment (0)

I ordered a pendant on the 27th of November, and today on the 12th of December they sent me an email saying my pendant was no longer available because the manufacturer no longer had the piece. I just think it's a joke that they had to wait two weeks to inform me about a piece they no longer had, I spent some time looking over the internet and found that many people are having the same problems. I'm furious because this was something I picked out for my girlfriend and bypassed any other website to do a purchase. Now I'm probably going to have pay extra for a piece of jewelry and rush delivery so it doesn't get lost in the Christmas shipping. Jcpenney is a pathetic company and has no respect for their customers, and they seem to not care.

Comment (0)

On October 9, 2012 at approximately 1:00pm I visited your Victorville location. I was purchasing a pair of jeans and was helped by a lady named Cynthia (great customer service from her). Not realizing that I was paying with cash and a gift card she swiped my gift card and asked for my credit card, I explained I didn't have it and was paying cash she said she would help me at the register as she couldn't take cash with the hand held computer. The gift card wouldn't work at the new computer and the manager that came over to help was RUDE. He wouldn't look at me, he was rude to Cynthia and he has NO customer service skills. She asked if he could just issue another gift card to complete the transaction and he huffed off.

About 10 minutes later a female manager stomped up and handed me another gift card & without even saying a word she turned and stomped off. Cynthia kept apologizing over and over throughout the entire 45 minutes I was trying to pay. I was so mad that I said cancel the order and was going to leave. At that time the first male manager calls Cynthia and says "get the gift card back" I heard him because I was still standing there. I've been a very loyal customer for over 45 years. I'm not sure I will ever return to another JC Penney again. I cannot believe the way the management treats not only the customers but the employees at the Victorville location.

Comment (0)

I have bought most of my dress clothing at J.C.P. for years but the new direction your company has taken has taken me elsewhere. Today I received an offer from JCP to receive cash rewards for qualifying purchases but I won't be buying from JCP because when you decided to get into the culture war by hiring Ellen Degeneres and by advertising with controversial and offensive ads, I decided to take my business elsewhere. I contacted you way back when and you never even responded. That's speaks volumes! You had rather lose customers as to stay out of the culture wars. You must know that many, many of your clientele are offended at your new marketing strategies. It amazes me that you would offend the masses to cater to the minorities. That is not inclusiveness. That is business suicide! Anyway, I wanted to try one more time because I really liked JCP mens clothing but I can live without it rather than be offended by your in your face marketing strategies.

Comment (0)

Lost my favorite sunglasses that I purchased from jcpenney (Dyersburg TN). Went in store to purchase another pair and was told they pulled the display because it was a seasonal item. Whats up with that? The sun shines most days in Tennessee and I need sunglasses year round! Anyway I did purchase a pair at a totally different store. Problem is they need to keep that rack in the store year round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does not take up that much space!

Comment (0)

There is the one person at Jcpenney in Panama City Fl that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Her name is Tammy with red hair and she is a true witch. She spoke down to me like I was nothing about my reward coupon and she said her smart comments in front of other peoples as if she was trying to set me straight. How dare you Jcpenney for allowing employees to treat no longer a valuable customer in such a way.

Comment (0)

I am so upset with J.C,Penny's. They stopped giving to their customers.Then they give everything to Ellen Degeneres. to give to every one in her audience .They have given thousands for her to give away and.I think they should realize no one buys anything I have not bought anything or have my friends, because.Their customers deserve extras,not strangers.Why do they give it all to Ellen.It is not right.I think this is terrible. Thank You Marlene Strauss

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

42.153846153846
  • HEB
    (29 reviews)
    32.413793103448

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?