J.C. Penney Customer Service

Contact J.C. Penney Corporate

Welcome to the J.C. Penney complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against J.C. Penney online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the J.C. Penney corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Upset with J.C. Penney?

File a complaint here!

Reach J.C. Penney Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• J.C. Penney corporate office

Top J.C. Penney Complaints

My wife went to the salon in lake city Fl. in which we are new to the area.Having always used Penny's for her hair. This visit was the worst that she has ever had. She has gotten perms and it always took about 2 hrs. This was done in 55 min. and came out with a wet head and was told it will dry by itself. She got sick and had to be put in the Hospital so when she got better we stopped in to talk to the hair styles and was told it looked OK and that is all that can be done. She wanted to have her hair colored but with the way she was treated did not want it done with them. There was never an apology and never talked to see what could be done to fix her hair. Felt this is not the Penny's that we are us to always willing to rectify the problem?

Comment (0)

I had an item to J.C. Penney that needed return and I stood in line waiting for my turn, when i went to to the register, the associate named (Claudia) asked for my receipt and I gave it to her, she started to process the return and when it comes to refund my credit card, she asked to me insert my credit card, although CC machine displayed swipe CC for refund, anyway, i followed her instructions, but it didn’t work, she tried again and same results.

I told her that the machine displays swipe J.C. Penney CC, but she replied to me very rudely, that the CC has a chip and this is the only way to do it, and she tried to call MOD, without any luck, I asked her again to just try it as the machine says, but again in a very aggressive, confronting rude tone she said no, these are the rules and I have to follow them, and then she tried to call MOD again. She kept me for 15 minutes till she was able to reach MOD, who advised her to swipe the card.

So she did and completed the refund. I told her that I have been asking you to try it for the last 15 minutes, her response to me that I always have issues with return. I asked her what do you me, I have my item (unopened) I have my receipt, she didn’t reply and hand my the refund receipt very rudely with out an apology for the wait, her mistake or her nasty attitude. I am not sure how you hire such people in front line. I need a response from you management regarding this experience and someone needs to speak with her.

Comment (0)

I am very discouraged by the J.C. Penney black friday promotion this year. I was fortunate enough to receive one of these coupons and attempted to use it online per instructions. I used the chat feature on your website and they told me I could not use the coupon online and needed to wait until after 5p to use in store. That is not what the coupon states as you can see. Very frustrated by poor customer service.

Comment (0)

I am so disappointed. On their page they have a picture of a hutch for sale and that picture includes a changing table. However the changing table was not included. When the hutch came I was very disappointed to discover this. I looked to see if I could buy the changing table and what do you know, they don't sell it anymore, even though they keep a picture of it up. So when I asked to return it I was told I had to pay $75 dollars on top of the $75 delivery fee. So in order to get it returned I had to take a $150 loss. The hutch was $160. I am so mad and upset about this, I don't know if I will ever shop at JCP again. Also, the lady I talked to at JCP online was so rude.

Comment (0)

On Sunday November 13, 2016 I was in the Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL J.C. Penney store. I found in your store an a.n.a black jacket while walking to the shoe department. The jacket caught my eye and the price was very appealing because of the sale sign stating that it was $24.99. It said "Juniors' Pleather Jackets" and the whole rack was filled with both black and camel colored ones of the same style. Not even thinking, I tried it on and thought the jacket fit well and the price was good. At check out the jacket rang up for $69.99. I told the cashier that the sign said $24.99. Because the store was busy she asked her department manager, Patti, for direction.

Patti told me the price was $69.99 and walked off looking for the sign. I followed her and showed her the rack and sign. She pointed out that the $24.99 price was only for the jackets that were originally $52.00. She checked the rack, and didn't see any $52.00 jackets and started checking all the racks in the vicinity looking for the $52.00 jackets. She came back to the original rack and found found two intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. As I was standing there she didn't say a word, showed me the two $52.00 jackets that were on the rack intermixed with the $120.00 jackets. I asked her why the sign said $24.99 and the rack was full of $120.00 jackets.

She said that only the Juniors jackets were marked down and the a.n.a jackets were not Juniors, I asked how was anyone to know which jackets were juniors and which were not by the brand name. I did not receive and answer so I returned to the register to pay for my purchases. As I was standing at the register I happened to see Patti come back with the sale sign that she had taken off the rack of jackets. As a department manager Patti was unprofessional and huffy and was not interested in this at all, her J.C. Penney department made a pricing mistake and she was not willing to make it good. Her attitude was: it's not $24.99 and that's the bottom line.

The end result should have been that I got the jacket for $24.99 and the sign taken down. This seems from shopping at J.C. Penney's that it is normal for them to have the sale sign on the wrong item. I find this to be a bad business practice and will have to think twice before shopping there again. Please see the attached pictures to prove my point.

Comment (0)

I placed an order for a pair of boots on jcp.com and had them shipped to the store. I was told they would be ready in 4-7 days 15 days later the store can't find my order called customer service no one can seem to track the shipment and on top of all that I have to wait 3-5 business days to hear from someone about a refund. This is the worst service I've ever had and very annoying. I will never order from them again!

Comment (0)

I was in the J.C. Penney store #0766 331 Brandon Town Center Brandon Fl 33511 on 10/0/16 @ 19:00 I went to the Jewelry dept. because I needed a battery for my watch. There was 3 cashier's working one Asian lady at one counter with a customer and 1 Asian, l white lady at the other counter with one J.C. Penney customer. I proceeded to the counter with 2 cashiers patiently waiting the white lady looked me in the face and didn't acknowledge me. So I went to the other counter and waited a gentle man with a beeper and wearing a red shirt came through the store and stood exactly where I stood. She was laughing with him.

She left that counter and went to another count still not acknowledging me. So I asked him if it was someone who could help me at the repair counter and he said sure and called her over. She came over to the counter and I told her that I wanted to get a battery for my watch. She went on, & on about I didn't get the watch from penny's, wanted to know where the back was I told her that I did, She really argued with me about my watch. Then she said that penny's only did that during the week. I told her I was traveling and just needed a battery.

She then told me that she didn't have one. I have never felt racism like I felt that day. I told her that I wanted to talk to management because she was very rude, she came from behind the counter and followed me to the other counter where I went to talk to the other cashier she came up on me I put my hand up and told her to give me 50 feet, she ask me not to put my hand up in her face, and I told her that she was in my space. Jocelyn came and I told her what I needed she check my watch, and replace the battery. She gave me the poor J.C. Penney customer service that I deserved.

I'm sure that you guy's have this on camera footage. This woman does not need to be working in customer service. She argued, with me about where I got my watch from as if I stole it, you may not have it then but you had it at 1 time. Then on top of all that she lied to me said that Penney's didn't have a battery. I have never been treated like that before.

Comment (0)

My complaint is that I was in line for the cards your store was giving out and the woman in front of me took my card and she started screaming it was my 100 off 100. I thought you were only allowed one card. At the end I received none because it was the last one. I don't know if the employee knew her but that was the worst experience ever.

Comment (1)

On August 6, 2016 I dropped off my Seiko Solar watch for a "clasp repair, since it was having a repair I opted to have the watch cleaned too. I was called in a day or two and informed the cost would be $34.00 to be serviced. I agreed to the cost and servicing. Estimated completion date, as per my Repair Claim Ticket was 9/3/2016. To date, and 6 calls to JC Penney's, my watch is not completed, speaking to 3 associates who are not sure "what is going on with the repair order, I am totally frustrated and worried my watch is not safe, returnable or repaired. I did not receive any call backs from the associate's, I had to do the follow-up back to the associates.

Two days ago, , I spoke to an associate who informed me she would be calling the company they sent the watch out for repair, and she would "call me back within an hour, no later than late in the afternoon. I spoke with her at 10:00 am. Well, here we go again. This is the 3rd day and no reply from associate. When I spoke to the associate 3 days ago, I stated to her, "this situation is unacceptable, and I want a new watch to replace the watch the store associate sent out for repair on 8/6/16.

No if's or but's. I have been patient, more than understanding since I had to call associates back after I was told they would call me. It is now Oct. 19, 2016 going into Nov. 2016. Service has been very poor, associates responses very poor, and the time frame of 8/6/16 to promised 9/2016 is way, way past over. And no one knows the status or whereabouts of my watch. This is very poor business for a very loyal and courteous customer with JC Penney.

Info on store is: JCPenny, Store # 2768, phone number: 609 889 7700 option #3 for Jewelry. My Repair Claim Ticket states: " In the event of damage or loss, the JCPenny Company will repair or replace the item at your option." Since I do not know if it is damaged, loss or "my watch" being returned, my option is to have my watch replaced with a new watch of same. I don't want "whatever they are going to give me at this point; too much time has been lost to know if it is my watch, someone else, or a used old watch lying around and be passed off to me!

I don't feel this is an unreasonable request due to the circumstances. I would like to pick up a new watch within 2 days at this store location. They do have them in the glass case. At this point, this is the only resolution I will accept. The service was a horrible experience, and I am very upset of the circumstances. Kindly inform the store, department, and associate of my request, and the ok to perform the transaction from J.C. Penney.

Comment (0)

I'm extremely upset with this JC Penney's company support, just had to call over ten times due to the call not transferring. Then they tell me I missed a credit card payment, when in fact I payed my payment. They raised my mind payment & I was unaware of the change. They charged me with a late fee. I'm taking my services else where asap. No wonder nobody pays attention to their products anymore.

Comment (1)

We received the wrong size of vertical blinds. It was ordered with the wrong size. I didn't notice it. Whether my husband wrote down the wrong size of whether numbers got transposed, I do not know. I called when we received this and was told as per the information stated in the box it was returnable, either by UPS or at the store. So, with the help of my 29 year old son and a borrowed SUV, we brought the vertical blinds back into the store. The lady who was called to the desk, Theresa was very rude.

She said the item was not returnable, they were all on a conference call..she didn't know how long it would last and I could wait if I wanted. After 40 minutes, we left. She said someone would call me. No one called. I asked her if I could buy the horizontal piece ( the one with the incorrect size) alone. She quote a price more than $100 more than my total purchase. This was after she originally said no, it couldn't be done. My son said this was the worst customer service that he ever experienced such poor customer service. We left.

I then went on line to write a complaint to JC Penny complain department but was told my order number was incorrect so it would not send the email. The order number was exactly what was printed on the order and listed as order number. I am upset upset.

Comment (0)

I made a purchase today at JCP store at your store in Brandon, Fl. I went to pay for purchase and I was shocked to see one of your clerks dressed in total black clothing from head to toe. I got out of line and went to another register to pay. I could not believe that Penny's would hire someone dressed like that . I think there are plenty of Americans that would love to have that job. I'm sure that I am not the only customer that noticed it. If they live here they should dress as we do, this is a slap in our face.

Comment (3)

Made a payment of $ 200.00 at the Hagerstown JC Penney on May 12, 2016. Got my statement today, May 31, 2016 and forum that the $200.00 payment had not been applied to my account and they charged me a late fee. Called customer service and gave them this info and the payment receipt info. Also told them the check cleared my account on May 17, 2016. Advised me that they see the payment but they could not apply? Gave me to another customer service person and things got worse.

They implied that we needed to send several documents to a given address before the payment could be applied even though JC Penney cashed our check. Total frustration trying to understand the customer service person communication so I abruptly hung up. Will take my frustration to the Hagerstown store where the payment was entered. Have been a customer for a long time ,but this incident has caused me to rethink my relationship with JC Penny.

Comment (0)

I called jcpenny corporate customer relations. A female by the name of Tiffany answered. I gave Tiffany the information that i was calling about and she continued to ask me the same questions over and over as if she didn’t know how to help or maybe she didn’t want to help. I asked to speak with someone higher and she told me that their was no one higher and that i was speaking to corporate. I asked Tiffany if she was the only one working in that area at that time and she danced around the question and told me once again that this was jcpenny corporate office that i was speaking with. I told Tiffany that i was going to hang up and try back to get someone else.

I called back Tiffany answered once again i then asked her if she was the only one working and she said once again this is corporate. I started talking to her letting her know that i needed someone higher up because she kept making me repeat my self. Tiffany push the music button on me, i told her that was rude and that i was going to ask someone higher to pull the call…strangely a supervisor named Shirley became available. Shirley took care of my needs; however, i am still reporting Tiffany. Beware of Tiffany at jcpenny corporate customer relations. This call between Tiffany and i took place at 4:43 pm on this day of January 30, 2016. I called back again at 4:46 pm please pull the calls.

Comment (0)

I bought a mattress on line and it did not fit the need of my wife to flat not good ask them to come and pick it up it took two month for them to come and it is 2016 and have not receive a refund as of yet spoke with different one's about it this happen in Sept. 2015 and this is 2016 need help this very, very poor service. They want me to paid $139.00 for restocking this item they need to price me I am still getting the run around help. It was sitting in my living room for almost 2 month I could not use this room.

Comment (0)

My husband ordered me a jewelry item and was told it would be in by Christmas. It wasn't. The customer service at Barton creek in the jewelry dept has been negative. They just said another customer is having to wait. No apologies no care. My husband had to go in person to check. It has been over. 2 weeks since it was supposed to be delivered. Never had a problem with J.C. Penney customer service in the past. This is our last purchase there.

Comment (0)

While shopping at the JCP at Barton Creek Square Mall in Austin, TX, I was harassed by an employee in the Men's department. I'm not sure of the name of this employee, he was an average height with wild curly hair. Employees and their managers should not be allowed to harass customers. I want action taken against this employee. I know many people who shop here, I will spread the word and let them know to no longer shop here or they will run the risk of being harassed by your employees. This complaint should be forwarded to the J.C. Penney corporate offices for review by management!

Comment (0)

At your Avenues Mall location, Jacksonville, FL, I was treated extremely rude by two associates: one reluctantly answered a question, the other totally contradicted the first and raised her voice at me. I had over $500 worth of merchandise, which I left at the second employees register. Train your employees with some customer curiosity. I'll never shop at Penny's again!

Comment (0)

I ordered a monogramed/personalized hand towel on line. I ordered the name in all capital letters and the color of the monogram to be black. I picked my item up from the store and discovered it was not monogramed as I had ordered. The monogram color was white and the name was wrong as Pastor, not capitalized as I ordered. I was also charged for shipping and handling even though this was a ship to store order. JC Penny took it upon their self to send what they wanted and not what I ordered, I should be credited in full and compensated with the correct merchandise as ordered. The mistake made was at the fault of JC Penny.

Comment (0)

On 1/23/15 I mailed a box of vacation clothes for my husband to Lehigh Acres FL $28.00 My husband arrived in FL on 1/28/15 calls me to let me know he did not receive the pkg. I call the FL PO and the tell me that they still have the pkg and they will deliver it today 29th husband calls no pkg I call the PO and they tell me I need to talk to the carrier I say okay they say he's out sick for a week and I should call back then I call back then and he tells me he wasn't working the day of the delivery I say let me talk to the person who did work that day she's not on till Saturday Now I call back and get a supervisor that can't understand why my pkg says it was delivered at 10:04 am because the carriers do not leave for delivery till at least 11:00am.

I try calling a couple more times with no answers fast forward My brother in law calls and tells me he received the pkg I call the FL PO office and talk to a supervisor and I tell her that the pkg somehow appeared and she said that she found it in the supply room and that it was scanned on 1/27/15 as POSTAL SUPPLIES and that when she was putting things away in the back room that she came across it and since she had just talked to me she knew to get it delivered . I was instructed to have him bring the pkg to the PO and reject delivery The supervisor in FL told me this was the fastest way of getting the pkg back I asked if she could handle the transaction in FL and she said No she was on her way to a doctors appt but she would talk to the post master (Jackie) and let her know what was going on.

My brother in law goes there and asks for Jackie and she has no idea what he was talking about he rejects delivery on the 2/17 I was told it would go out that day they try delivering it back to my brother in law TWO more time finally I ask my PO in MN to call down there and please have them get me my damn package she does and I see it a week later I call the complaint department which was a total waste of my time They know and admit that this whole transaction was a total FIASCO but there is nothing they can do but apologize It was scanned as postal supplies with the postal supply scanner and I get an " I'm sorry" Well la di da 44 days 18 phone calls 5 different individuals I'm the SORRY one Thanks for nothn'

Comment (0)

I put in my JCP Christmas buttons code and at the time I did not know that the email account had been deleted. When I restored the account it sent all the emails back to the senders. When I tried to reenter the code it would not let me because it had been entered once before. Is there any way I can reenter to see if it won anything?

When you enter the code and the security Captcha, the site does not work. I double check all of the information on my end and it still does not work. JCP needs to get this fixed. The promotion end and I still have several buttons to enter. No promotion if people cannot get prizes!! Will not shop at JCP and tell friends and relatives to shop there either if they cannot fix the site!!

I Entered 2 JCP Christmas buttons and never got a response as to whether or not they were winners. I tried to re-enter them and they said they were already used. Not sure when to call or talk to about this problem. I called an 800 number and they gave me this email and said I would receive a response within 24 hours.

Comment (0)

I finally get a winner and it wont accept the Captcha codes you have at the end! Ive lowered my security ....stopped my pop up blockers and it still doesnt work! I have one hour in on a $10 winner! your button promotion sucks and so does your site! No need for endless e-mails keep your $10 and I'll shop somewhere else!this is where I'm not proud to be an American! I visited your jcp store in the Columbia Mall on Saturday December 15th and requested buttons for the current button campaign.

One of your store clerks in the linen and clothing Department issued me some buttons for entry. I entered the buttons as I had done before on previous entries, but every one of the buttons that she gave me gave the message that the button had been used before. I made another trip on December 17 2012 at the Prince George's Customer Service Desk and was issued two buttons which again gave me a message that those buttons had been used before.. This is very frustrating, because it seems that the store employes are entering the buttons then giving them to unsuspecting customers. I would appreciate an inquiry into this obviously fraudulent activity at your stores.

Comment (0)

I recently called to make an appointment with the optometry department at the Glendale galleria JC Penney and was told to go elsewhere because they wanted me to be happy. I had my glasses made there in the past and was very happy with them. I made the mistake of going to the JC Penney in Valencia, but after several visits they couldn't get my prescription right. I got a refund and called the JC Penney in Glendale to schedule an appointment and explain my situation, I was told to go elsewhere so I could be happy. All I wanted was to get my prescription done right.

Comment (0)

I have 2 buttons I received from Jceppeny. I go to jcp.com/christmas to enter the codes and I put in the captcha and every time and it tells me it is incorrect. I have done this 30 times at least!! I KNOW I am putting the codes in correct!!

work in techincal support and help people with these captcha's all the time, something is clearly wrong! Please fix so I can enter my codes!!

I have won twice with the buttons but the last two I received will not register. It keeps saying wrong captcha. It is not wrong just will not register. This is very annoying and misleading. Now I see there is another captcha on this page.

First I love this promotion, and has cased me to go in a jcp almost every other day to see sales and get buttons, the captca is a pain in the but but i can usually get it to work on the second try its a pain but i don't mind its free money, lol.

The problem i have is i keep getting "there seams to be a problem with your 7 digit code" error? ill try a few times on each code once again not the captca error its a problem saying the code is ivallad and yes im typing it in correct i have 20/20 as well as had my wife double check.

Bottom line ether some of the codes are bad or my other thought is some one at the store has already used it ? but out of 16 buttons 7 are no good, i did win 15 bucks totle tho,woot woot. but it makes me think i have a trip code or something that just isnt working or some one else used? Any ideas

Hope it works!

Comment (0)

I have been a shopper in your store for years. I went in tonight and looked through your Arizona Jeans and didn't find my inseam size which is a size 36. I was told that they don't carry them anymore only online. I went online and found out that the size of inseams only went up to 34. I have gone to your big and tall section and have only found a wide waist selection there.
I have been to many different stores, wal-mart, target, etc. They only go up to 34 inseam if that. The big and tall stores said I was too short and I fell through the cracks. I have been told before that the Arizona Jeans bootcut 36x36 was a popular and often fly off of the shelfs when they come in. I don't understand why you wouldn't carry a product anymore if it was popular. Please bring this product back into your stores.

Comment (0)

Once again I was disappointed with the severe shortage of merchandise. I used to go there because I could always find and unusual item or something that I didn't realize that I just had to have. My hard to please family could always find clothing there, but not anymore. You no longer carry jeans that have big legs; the children’s section is nowhere to be found. What happen to bedding and bath? Career clothes in all white!!!

Comment (0)

I was told by a JC Penney Supervisor to get a Git Card and order on line on 11/23. The supervisor then check to see if my items were availalbe and they were so we ordered 3 different pair of Arizona jeans size 36 x 36 and paid with Gift Card which she kept. I was told I would have then no later than the 2nd and now not only am I still waiting I am now being told 1 pair is no longer available. They will credit my gift card which I don't have. I will never shop JC Penney on line again. When Walmart says shipped in 3 to 5 days they mean it. JC Penney apparently does not care what they tell you as long as they get your money.

Comment (0)

I used my Penny's card quite frequently until the change in the store. Although I don't care for the new store idea, I still shop try to shop there once in a while. First of all the store hours are not posted on the door, nor does the phone service work when prompted to get those hours.

Secondly, the prices are not as good and the quality is just a little better than it used to be. Lastly, I made a trip 20 miles today to go there after I couldn't find any information saying they were closed for Easter to arrive to a closed store with no sign or and advertisement about being closed.

This is not good customer relations or marketing. Just wanted to give my input.

Thank you.

Comment (0)

I have done for a few years most of my shopping at JC Penney. Last Friday broke the straw on the camels back. I don't like the changes you have made to the store and guess you no longer want my business. Last Friday I was talking with several woman who felt the same way and we ended up at Kohl's. My favorite cloths are gone and I don't like the way the store has been remodeled and your poor selection of Christmas items. I really loved shopping at J C Penney in the past and taking my grandchildren but I guess those days are gone.

Comment (0)

I have been a JCPenney customer for 30-something years. I think their merchandise is great, fashionable, reasonably priced, great sale opportunities but I have got to write in about the latest commercial being played in the Charlotte, North Carolina market. It is a commercial of people screaming about sales. It is the most irritating commercial I have ever seen. Whether it plays in the evening when I'm watching the news or in the middle of the night waking me up and scaring me to death, I hate it.

I have never lodged a complaint with any merchandisers but PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! I am not psycho but it actually makes me mad when it comes on. Its an obnoxious commercial. Thank you for your consideration.

Your current commercial that is being aired on TV that shows all these super annoying screaming people is a horrible thing. My little grandchildren were here and were frightened, asking in a distraught way, "What's wrong with them, Grandma?" We can't get to the remote fast enough to hit the mute button. Perhaps you think this ad will "get our attention" and therefore, we'll follow up with whatever you are promoting. WRONG. I don't even know what message you are trying to get across.

And frankly, I don't care to find out what it is - any company that would produce something this annoying (and frightening to children) doesn't deserve my business -- I won't be visiting any Penney's stores anytime soon.

Comment (0)

This Sunday's paper (02/17/13) included an advertisement titled Spring Stock up: Save Big (jcpenny). on the back is a picture of a young couple 25% off Jockey. The picture (male) is far too risque as far as sexually impropriety goes (call it smut, degrading, shameful, perverted, negatively suggestive. or whatever) Some of your customers still have morals) Just about the time I am ready to shop at jcpennys this shows up. Sorry you just lost my business.

Comment (0)

Yesterday I was in Penney's in Lafayette, Indiana. Normally I have a great time shopping there and find all kinds of things I want. The staff are usually very helpful; too, but yesterday they seemed a bit flustered. Throughout the store there were large while "things" that took up a lot of space. I couldn't tell what they were or if they even had a purpose.

With these "things" all over it seemed like merchandise was in places it shoulldn't be and I had great difficulty finding more than a few selection of my favorite desginer Alfred Dunner. While checking out my concerns the really nice saleslady suggested I use the we site and my access code to tell the poers that be my concerns.

I got so mixed up trying to find the right thing to use got the jcpenney.com/survery but on it was asked numerous very personal questions and nowhere was there a space for me to list any concerns at all. So, please read my above listed concerns and tell me what you are going to do about the. I want to keep shopping at Penneys, but only if I can find the things I want - and easily!

Comment (0)

I have been shopping for Christmas at J C Penny in Altamonte Springs Florida mall all during the button a. I followed directions and put the code in on sister given for giveaway. All but our button said already used. My sister came to visit and she also opened a first time account and was given buttons with the same results.I and many of my friends feel its a rip off to get people to shop there.

We also feel that the only people that could be using these buttons are workers and then putting them back to give to customers. I am a big time shopper of JCP and is very angry and thinking of cutting up my card.

I received a button from the JCP button promo and my number is invalid. Is there any way to get in touch with someone from JCP store so I can see if I won anything? I called and they gave me an address to write to . I did that and to no avail. This is frustrating.

Like several of other shoppers. I have notices that if I win a $10 certificate, I have a hard time trying to get the certificate. So far I have missed out on three. What to do?

These buttons are a farce to get us old people into their stores. They do not work. have to keep entering stuff in and to no avail. This is the worst scam ever by JCP. I will never shop at JCP again, this is terrible.

I entered my codes never receiving email as to if I won or not. Can you tell me 1) wmgb4f4 2) vtfgwk5 had 2 more saying already used. I shopped at Florence SC JCP.

Comment (0)

I have placed 3 separate orders since mid November 2012. All 3 orders have been cancelled due to " the supplier!" I thought JCPenney was the supplier! Received a post card just a few days ago stating to expect my order made 12/07/12 within 2 wks. Today I learned that the order has been cancelled! please explain to me why I should not be.frustrated not to mention angry.

I deserve an explanation from JCPenney on why they advertise items in their catalog but are not able to satisfy the orders. I will never use your JCPenney credit card again or your retail services. I have purchased several items from the local retail store for this holiday season I am now sorry to say. If it wasn't Christmas Eve I would return them today!!

I want a response from you JCPenney! I believe your catalog service is a sham! I am sincere when I say I will never go into another one of your stores and will be sure to spread the word!

Comment (0)

I`ve already put in 8 button codes-------nothing---no responce----Am I wasting my time putting my codes in. I still have 7 more to enter. So far i`ve entered codes wujzqvv , fgmnkf , cpxf4s2, rrxwqmz, j5sgqz, zpntqsq, kizsehg, qchwfxd. No responce!!!!! Now I have 7 more button codes to enter c2wnysc, nmsuv32, e3xurpx, sztbrqy, tumf2pz, s2pna3e, uxbaz3h.

Ok whats the next step. I noticed I`m not the only complaining customer you have several before my complaint. I would appreciate an answer to my complaint as soon as you receive my complain. I`m surprised someone hasn`t gone to Channel 8 news and let them know that this like a fraudulant come on to get extra business. I do know it is a way of loosing customers. O

ther customers are complaining that your company isn`t answering their complaints at all so 24 hours is wrong. My dad always told me you never receive something for nothing. He told the truth .

I have read several complaints about JCP button campaign and the fact that many of the 7-digit codes that people are being given are coming up as, ALREADY USED! It was suspected my a previous customer who complained that it might be JCP employees, I supposed that is possible.

I just wanted to let everyone know, it's happening in my area as well. I live in NW Missiouri, North of Kansas City and my last few trips to JCP which included approximately 14 buttons have turned up as, "ALREADY USED!!" I've spoken to friends and it's the same for them, every button is either coming up as, "ALREADY USED" OR "SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN".

I would imagine that if JCP is getting enough heat over this it would be very easy for them to remove their, "ALREADY USED" response and replace all with "SORRY, YOU DIDN'T WIN", either way it's a massive screwup on JCP's part, the fallout is huge. Curious to see how they plan to correct this dishonest blunder!?!

Comment (0)

Hello, I just purchased a CD at JCP studio for $149 (refular price) on November 11, 2012. The CD is already going for $49 on Nov 23, and about $89 on other dates. I really like the CD but I am very unsatisfied that I am not able to print the enhanced pictures from it. I have been getting a run around from Walgreens and WalMart. I have contacted JCPBy phone and went to the studio to seek a solution where I can get the odd sizes printed out.

One rep promised to call – never did, the other one called and offered to print at JCP for $25.00 I have already spent a fortune on that CD that is only good for downloading and not printing the pictures. I am really upset since I was advised at JCP that I should not have any issues with printing the pictures out. The rep talked us into getting the CD and I am not sure what to do. There is no other choice but write to you about it.

Comment (0)

I am a semi regular customer at the JC Penney store in Rome, New York. What I witnessed a male employee doing to 2 female employees in front of customers was appalling! On Monday April 1st I was towards the front of store when I heard yelling behind me...it was around noon and I was browsing with a friend. I turned to see a balding male employee around 6 ft tall yelling, no screaming in the face of a petite blonde employee whose name tag said Cheryl, another female employee with name tag saying Kim was beside her. He screamed "what do you think you are doing? Why are you asking me stupid questions?!" I believe the poor woman in trying to reply called him Jim. He was so intimidating, trying to humiliate them and treating them in such a demeaning and verbally abusive way, and in front of customers was horrible! I was so upset I was going to step in but my friend said report him. He continued as I left the store. I will never shop there again if I see him when I am there. There is no way he should have his job. If he did that to my wife he would be in the hospital and JC Penney corporate would be facing a huge lawsuit. Please don't ignore this as this was so bad I can't believe he acted like this to employees no less women!

Comment (0)

This complaint dates back to 12/2012 when I emailed jcpennyI disgust my dec pmt error from my bank. It was 1day late and tacked on a fee. The next bill minimum pmt due was ontop on the late fee and each month after. Even know my bill was pd on time. I was charged because of the minimum pmt due was with the fee that should have never been charged to my account in the first place. I received 7 letters from JCPenny all dated the same day regarding the 35.00 late fee. How does something like this happen with such a reputable and professional Company. I've have such a problem trying to fix one late fee from December 2012 and it has spiral out of control. I would like JC Penny to look at my account as a account holder and consumer and not just a number. Please help me with these error(s).

Comment (0)

When they trashed the clothing and shoe department I thought, oh well there is always the hair salon and household goods. Guess what? They are busy trashing it. I have been a loyal JC Penney customer for over 20 years and purchased many of my clothes there. First, they attacked sizes. Being small, I could no longer find any dress pants in my size, but could find lingerie and other items. I just returned from our local store and in addition to inappropriate selections, there were not many selections at all. So, to me another reliable, American icon bites the dust. How terribly sad.

Comment (0)

Today i saw a table full of shawls, collars, caps, and wraps. looking at the labels, it was from china and it was real wild coyoty fur. look on you tube and see how china skins or boils alive, its cats, dogs, coyoty, red panda, etc. to send abroad to stores like you. it is appalling. i will never purchase from penny’s no will any of my colleagues who are against china export of tortured animals. there is no need at all, to sell real fur. these animals go through horrid torture, and stores who sell it, keep there business alive. you should be ashamed. i am posting it on facebook immediately. stop this right now, and put china’s skinning animals alive, out of business.

Comment (0)

A month or so ago I went to the Fort Wayne IN Glenbrook JCPenney to purchase underwear. I have been purchasing Stafford brand underwear for as long as I can remember. The shelves were nearly empty of most sizes. My popular size, 36 Brief and large tall for the heavyweight t-shirts were nowhere to be found with the Stafford label. So I asked the young man at the counter what was up with the underwear inventory. His comment was "we are working on that". I did not purchase any underwear.

Fast forward to today. I was surprised to find almost the same situation. I did find the briefs in my size and after searching through bin after bin, I found and purchased the last two packages of heavyweight large tall t-shirts you had. It was hard not to notice that you are now putting two tee's in a package and charging the same price as the older three per package.

A young employee passed by to move some containers that were empty that he may have been using to stock the shelves, so I asked him what was up with the smaller packaging and the same price. Half embarrased he said "yea I know" and walked away. I have always known that I pay more for the t-shirts and briefs. I have liked the quality and fit so I am comfortable paying a bit more..... until today. I am sorry to say I will be shopping somewhere else from now on.

Comment (0)

To whom it may concern, My family and I went to the JcPenney's in Victorville, C.A. on Wednesday Jan. 2,2013 in the evening. I had got a gift card for Christmas so I was going to purchase some items. We made it a family outing. We have four kids which two of our kids our 2 and 3 years of age.

So As I'm looking around my husband grabbed the mesh bag displayed by the doors as you come in to shop to put your items in. He had put the kids jackets in them along. So when I was done shopping, my husband walked out by the mall to sit in the chairs with the kids so I could pay.

Forgetting about the mesh jcpenneys bag he had on his shoulders (which normally would alarm to remind us it couldn't leave the store). We walked thru the rest of the mall continuing on with our shopping. As we our headed back to JcPenney's our last stop was at Kays Jewlers to check up on my ring.

As my husband and I are talking two men walk-one a very large black man over 6ft high husky in built and a shorter man hispanic come over to my husband and interrupted our conversation and demanded us return the bag to the store now. My husband told them no problem we are headed back anyways.

As we proceed to walk back to the store these two men are walking right on my husbands back as if we are criminals and are being arrested. My two young boys became very uncomfortable and were intimidated by these two mean who are looking very mean at there dad and they are concerned they are going to hurt him.

My husband makes a comment to lightened the kids up that don't worry its just the FBI on our tail. As we walk into the store I had to get another bag because the plastic jcpenneys bag my clothes were in was ripping from the hanger. As I'm getting the bag I look over to my right I see those guys standing there laughing.

It bothered me so I went over to them and asked them are they security for JcPenney's or the mall because they are dressed in plain clothes. They hispanic guy got an attitude and said JcPenneys so what about it. I asked them do they think it was right the way they treated us and the hispanic guy started to get sarcastic and say you shouldn't of stole the bag.

I said we didn't it was an accident we forgot about it and he continued to be disrespectful. So I asked him his name and he told me then said so what of it what am I gonna do about it. His actions were aggressive as if he was some thug off the street.

My husband walked up and heard the way he was talking to me and told he is not gonna talk to me that way and tone it down. The guy started getting smart like he was gonna fight my husband. I asked the black guy his name and he said don't worry about it. My husband told him to get the manager and he said no, get him yourself.

As I'm getting my kids and we are walking away they are following us harassing us down the isle. I'm looking at a worker who is standing there talking to another worker and asked him if he could please call the manager. The hispanic man said he was the manager and his name was Tito. I couldn't believe he was the manager and could obviously see there was a confrontation going on and he didn't immediately interveine.

I told him I need to speak to him and explained what had happened. As I am explaining the hispanic guy rudely interrupts and starts raising his voice and being rude and kept saying you shouldn't of taken the bag in an aggressive way. I told the manager I couldn't believe he was allowing this punk to talk to me this way. I have never been so disrespected in my life.

My family has always shopped here since I was a young girl and in turn our kids shop there but now I will never ever shop there again. It shows his employee has no respect for his authority and doesn't care. He then said to the hispanic guy in a soft whisper voice oh yeah don' t talked to her that way. At the same time the black guy asked my husband if he did anything wrong. He sais I know the other guy did but I didn't.

My husband said at first you didn't, but when you refused to give us your name or get the manager then you did. He didn't like what my husband had to say so he stormed off with the hispanic guy. I told the manager I can't believe my four young kids had to witness this. Those guys are a representation of your company, and I will not shop or bring my family into an environment that condones this behavior.

The manager made us feel like he was just appeasing the moment but wasn't gonna really do anything about it. I am young and have been a manager for a company for years, and I never would allow anyone to step into our place of business with that kind of bad attitude.

They would be fired immediately especially doing it right in front of the manager. There is never any reason to treat anyone like this. And what are your employees doing wandering around the mall in a jewlery store anyways when they should be working.

Comment (0)

Courtney a teller at flowood ms was extremely rude. I was friendly and polite and in fact this is the first time in 40 years that I have complained about someone in work field. Her rudeness has caused me to go to kohls. You have lost a valued customer of 25 years due to her unbelievable rudeness.

Comment (0)

As an JCPenney international customer, I have been visiting Florida for the last 10 years, and have shopped in your stores multiple times during each of these trips. I have never felt the need to complain to a store before, but the incompetence and rudeness of your staff has left me so angry that I now feel the need to express it somewhere.

My first poor experience of JCPenney this holiday was before Christmas when I attended your Davenport store to take advantage of your JCP Cash offer, whereby a $10 coupon can be used on purchases of over $50. Upon entering the store with my mother, customers were being handed several of the aforementioned (photocopied) coupons by a staff member. To save time (so we didn't have to join the line to get some), we grabbed one from the pile and continued into the store. Additionally, while browsing I noticed several sales associates gathering these used JCPenney coupons from behind the various checkout points, and then handing these out to new customers.

Since your staff were giving out multiple coupons to each customer, one would assume that each customer is permitted to use more than one coupon. Apparently not. During a similar sales event the week before this incident I had printed off a couple of these coupons from your website, unaware of the fact they were freely given out in store. In fact, when I got to the checkout on this occasion I was told not to even bother printing off the coupons since they rarely scanned. I was advised that the staff always kept "master" copies of these JCPenney coupons at the checkout anyway. So, with this in mind, I am waiting in a long line to pay for my purchases. I end up waiting for 11 minutes (only two checkout points in the store were open, despite this being a "massive sales event") before we are greeted by a sales associate.

My mother gave the gentleman her $75 purchase and it is processed and paid for using the coupon. I then present my $60 worth of merchandise and state my wish to utilise the coupon (I felt the need to specify this, because after witnessing an argument between customers and your staff before I realised that unlike other stores, namely Macys, apparently JCPenney doesn't scan coupons that are being given out freely within your store unless the customer specifically requests that they do).

The sales associate tells me he can't, because it's already been used. I question this, explaining that I've seen other members of staff restocking the coupon pile from the used ones behind the till. He is persistent that he can't, and he tells me I must walk the 20 feet to go and get a "new" (i.e. previously been used by another customer and put back onto the "new" pile) photocopied voucher. Feeling slightly cross but not wanting an argument, I walk like to the associate giving out coupons at the front of the store. He gives me 3.

I return to the checkout and my payment is processed. Wonderful, one down and one more to go. I place the next $60 lot of merchandise on the checkout, this time feeling secretly smug that I already have my next coupon ready and waiting. However, now your sales associate tells me he can't process the transaction because I've already used the offer once. I question the sense of this when the employee at the front of the JCPenney store is giving multiple coupons to each customer anyway. I ask him what's stopping me from just paying elsewhere in the store. He, perhaps not surprisingly, has no answer. Now furious, I make my way to the other line (remember, still only two checkout points open) and wait again, this time for 8 minutes. I complete my payment and leave the store.

My second poor experience of your store actually occurs on several occasions and actually occurred in three of your stores. It is based on the complete inability of any of your sales associates (or at least the ones I have had the misfortune to deal with) to effectively deal with a traveller's cheque. When in England, we are encouraged to use traveller's cheques as a means of payment rather than cash for security reasons. I have never had a problem paying with a traveller's cheque in any other store (I have successfully used them in Macys, Wal-Mart, Sears, Dillards, Bath and Body Works to name a few) in the 7 weeks I have been here.

Yet in your stores in Davenport, the Florida Mall and Estero, Florida I have had problems. On one occasion two female employees stood behind the counter discussing why they thought the $100 cheque could be fake while waiting for a manager to come down. I found this particularly insulting, and felt the need upon this occasion to endure another 10 painful minutes in your store waiting to speak to the store manager.

He was very apologetic, repeatedly informing me that he didn't want to lose my custom. Clearly that's all customers are to you.. money. The other two occasions involving traveller's cheques involved me being asked to wait to one side while the sales associate continued to serve other people. After waiting for at least 5 minutes, a manager turned up to press a button on the till thus allowing the payment to be processed (why this couldn't have been communicated over the telephone, I have no idea).

The only time I was ever offered an apology was when the manager was called down, and like I mentioned earlier, he was only sorry "to lose our custom." The thing is with traveller's cheques, if I were in a store that wasn't the tourist capital of America I might be able to understand the lack of staff training, but in Orlando. Really?! I felt so angry after this that I even did one of your customer surveys advertised on the back of your receipts - I couldn't even fully express my anger there due to a word limit. How funny, you want customer feedback but only 1000 words of it.

My third JCPenney complaint and perhaps the worst occurred today and it left me so incensed I felt the need to write this message. I was in your Davenport store today (16th January 2012 between 20.35 and 21.00), once again with my mother, to purchase some cosmetics. After spending 20 minutes deciding on the purchase, we continued to the Sephora check out where a young lady served us. I swiped my credit card (MasterCard) and signed the little screen. The associate then asks me if my name is "Jenifer" to which I answer yes.

She then asks for photo identification. Confused, I tell her that I have shopped with my credit card for 7 weeks in this country and have not once been asked for ID in either JCPenney or any other store. She insists she must see it, explaining the computer is asking for it. I tell her I don't have any (I don't have a driving license and I leave my passport safely locked up in my accommodation - as I am advised to do when travelling), all I have are other bank cards and credit cards. She calls over a manager. The manager turns up after a few minutes later and tells me she will on this occasion accept another card with a signature on it. I once again ask why they need further identification when they never have before, apparently the manager tells me it's store policy and on every other occasion that I've used the card the sales associate has been breaking store policy.

I have travelled the world, and in every other country (and apparently in every other store in Florida) I have visited, when you use a credit card, the signature on the back of the card is compared to the one you provide at the checkout - the transaction is then approved by the sales associate if the signatures match. Your staff didn't even want to see the back of my card. Getting angry at the lack of explanation by your staff (hiding behind the "it's company policy" excuse is not a valid explanation - WHY is it company policy?) and the rudeness of the manager, I refuse to provide another card with a signature.

The manager leaves without apologising or anything. Dumbfounded, I ask the cashier what is happening and she tells me she can't proceed with the transaction. She tells us she has rejected the transaction on the screen so it shouldn't go through, but doesn't provide any evidence of this (in England if something like this happens, you are always given a "void slip").

Comment (0)

Though I realize it may not be jcp or any of the employees, I bought a CHI flat iron from the salon. Got it home, the next morining went to get ready for church and it didnt work. I took it back and exchanged it for another one. It work approximately a week, and have an important meeting today, dressed up, went to do my hair...and now the 2nd on also does not work.

I live 30 minutes away from Carbondale, IL, where the nearest jcp is. So for the 2nd time within 2 weeks, I have to return a $90 flat iron (luckily it was on sale for $90). I am very frustrated about this! You could maybe expect this from a no name store or a no name brand...but sad a CHI from JCP!!!

Comment (0)

I have been a JCP customer for almost 30 years and have always been satisfied with the service. It has been one company I have always trusted and could rely on. However, this past xmas I was very dissappointed. I ordered a necklace in November and after not receiving it for 2 weeks I called and was told it would not even be shipped until the 14th of Dec. but I would recieve it by xmas.

I believed this to be true. Late on December 21st I received an email saying that the necklace was no longer available. This left me without a gift that I was relying on and with no days left for me to shop with my schedule. (I live 45 min. from any jewelry store) I also had a inconvenient situation in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. When I made a purchase I was told that they were trying a new way to place purchases on the card.

It did not work to give me a receipt and I was told to wait for the manager to figure it out. After 10 minutes and the manager not showing up I just requested my money back and return the item. She couldn't even get that to work. Though I was running late to leave the mall, I was told to go shop and come back later for the receipt. Help me to trust your company again. Tracy

Comment (1)

I used my 10 dollar rewards for spending over 100 dollars on two items, even though I originally intended to only purchase one item, a shirt. The second item, some shoes for my son were too small and the store did not have half sizes, so I asked for a refund, but Steve, the very slow sales person that took over 8 minutes to ring up a shoe sale ( 3 minutes was spent on removing stickers and placing the shoes in a bag) told me that because I used my rewards coupon, I would only get back 13.33 for the twenty dollar shoes. Had I not had a receipt I would have received the full 20 dollars I paid for them and IF I had purchase them separately from the shirt I would have received my $20, BUt COmpany policy says that when using a coupon, the discount gets prorated to the number of items purchased. AND this makes no sense. I get 13.33 back and you get to resale them for $20, or after the sale for $30. He got his supervisor and she told me the same lame policy and I had to leave mad and upset. I was told the only way to have a full refund is to return both the shirt and the shoes, which is a 45 minute roundtrip and another 3 dollars in gas in order to get my full refund. I also called to complain, put she was just as adamant about corporate policy. I am left with no choice but to make my own policy , which is to cancel my jcpenny card and never support you business again. I have also worked in retail for over twenty years for a variety off retail establishments, all corporate policies can be overridden especially when they do not make sense.

Comment (0)

I was not going to send anything in, but wanted to let someone know that we have been receiving button that have already been used. It's not just 1 location. I stop daily depending on where I am working to get my buttons and I at 1st thought it was my error that I had a button in my pocket that I already used, but so far I have come across +6 buttons that someone has already entered.

My daughter has had about 5 and she does not get daily buttons so she is worse off than me. I do not know if it is the cashiers or maybe when some people are entering them they are entered incorrectly, but this seems to be happening more often now we are winding down. I should of keep them separated, but didnt think much about it until I mentioned it to a co-worker and they said they got one in DuBois,

Pa today that also was used. This will make 4 from DuBois between my daughter and I that have been used.

I have tried, tried, tried in vain to enter the bogus 'BUTTON CAMPAIGN' only to be so frustrated that I want to do something evil to the JCP people who are responsible. This whole absolutely awful experience has put me off JCP entirely. Shame, shame, shame on them! I tried to call them only to be told "I don't work in that department.

I don't know anything about it" by some idiot woman. I intend to make sure they lose money on this great deal. I now consider them just another rip-off store who I hold in absolute contempt. Now I tried to submit this complaint and cannot because of an "invalid recaptcha" which is one of the original complaints! The ultimate in crass disrespect to customers!

Me and my familty have been collecting the buttons for the past few weeks and I now have 14 buttons that keep telling me: Sorry. Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7-digit code and try again. What am I suppose to do with these buttons to see if I won anything.

On Thursday Dec. 13 in enter 2 buttons one said I had a 5 dollar certificate the other said I had a 10 doksh kllar certificate. I did every thing it told me to do I hit the red button to claim my prize, but I have yet to receive my e-mail saying my certificate is ready.

Sirs: Have received two "you have won" notices. Both times I have filled out all of the forms and followed the information.

I have supposedly won $5.oo gift certificate twice. First date 12/16 second one12/17. I have received NO follow up from the game people. How about a little help here? Hope to hear from you soon. Time is running out according to your rules of the game.

Comment (0)

Dear JC Penny, I will not shop at your store ever again. The sign on the table said $15 for t-shirts so I bought one and it was 22 dollars when I saked about it they said it was another shirt, but there was no other shirts there, Everything on the table was 22 dollars with a pair of jeans for 35 nothing was 15 dollars. The sign is large enought to bring your attebtion to it so you see and think all is 15 dollars very very misleading. Ever since you changed your store I have hated to shop there. So this will be the last time. And I will let my friends also know about your store. Your employees were very rude also. I was at the store in St Claire Mall in Fairview Heights IL. Thank you

Comment (0)

I was followed through the Mt. Shasta Mall after accidentally leaving the store with a clearance baby shirt hanging on a hanger from the stroller which had my 10 month old son in it. The Loss Prevention woman from JCP grabbed my arm and spun me around while I was in line at Radio Shack (also in ther mall). I was embarrassed and completely cooperative and she held my elbow as I was pushing my stroller and escorted me back to the store. She said I had better tell her everything that happened and not to lie because she had it on tape. Clearly if she actually watched it she would see it was only an oversite on my part.

She said I was under citizens arrest and that I wouldnt go to jail if I have a clean record for theft. Then she poured hand snitizer all over her arms becase she touched the psoriasis on my arms when grabbing and escorting me. She asked if I was going to spread it, I was mortified. I asked for a copy of the tape in which they "caught me purposefully shoplifting" and they refused. In addition I havnt even been convicted yet and I'm getting threatening calls/letters from a lawyers office for a bill. I would like a response to my complint how you plan to handle this, I feel like I was mis-treated and manipulated.

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

42.153846153846
  • HEB
    (29 reviews)
    32.413793103448

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?