J.C. Penney Complaints Continued... (Page 4)

307+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call J.C. Penney corporate:

I was very upset when i brought things back to jcpenney to only exchange and was declined. Was told to call a service called
The Retail Equation. I was told i can not bring anything back until 90days in which my receipt expires after 90days and they would need to do the exchange as if i had no receipt and might not take the items back, because policy says they do not half to with a expire receipt or no receipt. I have been a customer with JCPenney for close to 20years must have spend over thousands of dollar in that time and my payments have been on time and sent in more then the payment asks for.

The company that’s handling the return declines, handle people that buy things and bring them back worn, does not have reciepts, and comments fraud and abuse there credit card. How i got in this category i don’t know and no one seems to be able to tell my why. As a valuable customer I am very insulted and upset at the whole matter. I am now working on paying off the credit card and am not going to use it anymore. I will close the account even if it hurts my credit, i have other cards that know how to treat there customers better. I shop at JC Penney for my daughters clothes and do bring things back to exchange or get something else, but it’s very rare that i walk out of the store with nothing.

JCPenney needs to know how to treat there very good customers better, I would not recommend the store any more to anyone, they did not notified me of any changes on exchanges or returns. I found out at the register with everyone looking on. Shame on you JCPenney…

We ordered a Bedroom set from the catalog at JC PENNEY, Lancaster, PA. Within a week, we canceled the order as we found better products else where. By the time we canceled it, the Order was not even processed for shipping. The rep said everything will be refunded back to my JCP Credit Card which I opened just before placing the order to save an additional 10% on the order. Today I get a call from JCP Credit services that my account is past due. No part of the order was shipped, since the order request did not even go to their warehouse. I created an online account for my JCP Credit Card and I see that my order was canceled, but the refund was not posted in full to my JCPenney Credit Card.

When I Inquired about it, they put me on call for 5 hours, transferring to various departments, but didn’t offer any resolution. After 5 hours of aggravation, they just hung up. I was so furious, I called them back, and the same thing repeats. Now I’m not sure what to do, who to talk to. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I’m never shopping at JCPenney nor will recommend it to anyone. They completely suck. I hope they get out of business ASAP with heavy competition from KOHL’s and Macy’s.

Thanks,
Aggravated Victim.

A guy whose name is OB. He is the MOD, I know him for few years. He is a big thief no one can catch him. Almost four years he has been steeling from JCPenney in terms of merchandise. If you look at his shopping history you will know it. He always hides the clearance merchandise in the stock room where he has access to. If you let this continue JCPenney will loose reputation and money. JCpenny is a highly reputable company. JCPenney can get people better than OOB. Please, Please verify his shopping history and find out the truth. This complaint is for the benefit of Hyattsville Store at the Mall of Prince Georges. Thank YOU, Sincerely.

my complaint is actually with Abercrombie and Fitch, the strong fragrance that permeates through the Mal and now JCPenny store has prevented me from shopping in that area so JCPenny has lost a customer unfortunately. I could not breathe, and I went home with a headache Christmas time. I have complained to Abercrombie management but nothing is being done, fragrance is a known toxin and breathing in this overly strong fragrance is causing long term damage to many people and they don’t even realize it. to my knowledge it is coming through an air duct, I have heard others complain so I hope this gets resolved so I can go back to the Mall.

I went jcpenny Store on Bayplazza , Bronx NY store to Buy a shoe on 01/22/11. However, at that day there are so many sales man around us and we can’t see our own because they are interrupt us.By the way, when i checked 2/3 shoes and i was thinking with myself which one look good, at that time the jcpenny Shoe’s supervisor came and asked why i took the shoe form display, why did i take 2/3 type shoe for look. My question is if there is any restriction that a jcpenny customer can’t see more than one shoe then they suppose to make a poster that no body can see more than one shoe.

You know, it’s really hurts me because most of the time i go JCPennY store to buy but what is the way they behave it’s really disappointed me. I don’t know, where i have to complain about it because i also saw so many customer also looking supervisor for complain.

After placing an online order with JCPenney, this company will add a $9.95 per month fee to your JCPenney card. Their website reflects that they are an extension of the JCPenney brand. Since JCPenney credit cards are only valid for JCPenney purchases, it is clear that JCPenney is authorizing this scam. They will only reverse one charge and they will try to talk you into keeping their service. Insist on terminating and ask for a credit. The website shows their exclusive relationship with JCPenney. It is unfortunate that one of America’s most trusted brands has decided to associate with a complete scam that defrauds consumers. It would be hard to deny that they are strongly associated with JCPenney. Very sad!

We are two employees at JCPenney store in Lansing Mall, MI. Our complaint is about our co-worker. Mary, who started her job here last Summer, met Josh. They have started their adulterous office romance that was very open to anyone who knows them at our JCPenney store, and is now a result of bad mouthing and gossip about them, which makes us uncomfortable. As we feel, she is now unable to use discretion, best judgment, and she becomes less and less prepared for competition. Relationships between co-workers can end in nasty break ups, disrupt the JCPenney store office, harm teamwork, and lower morale.

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?