J.C. Penney Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

332+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call J.C. Penney corporate:

I have won four times in your button promotion. One was just tonight so not enough time yet to see if it is messed up too but out of my wins I have only received one certificate to use. I never received a $5.00 and a $10.00 winning certificate.

Dear Jcpenney employees, I am not happy because my friend purchased two bras from your store in Westfield Gallaria, Roseville, and the cashier forgot to take off the tag or whatever you call it that cannot be removed by customers. I lives in Rocklin, which is some ways from the Gallaria.

My husband and myself have shopped at the JcPennys store in the destiny mall in syracuse ny for several weeks and recieving buttons 2 each to enter on line. We have had over 30 buttons come back saying this code was already used .we are extremely upset as you should be that the only explaination for this is that the employess are taking the buttons ,setting up numerous e-mail accounts and recieving rewards that are ment for paying customers.

In my hometown cortland ny,about 1/2 hour away from syracuse 1 out of 6 buttons were a winner,and NOT 1 ever came back as code already used. I am beyond upset at the thought of these employees are ripping off Jcp ,and that they are so good at hiding things no one will ever find out. It is obvious that their jobs arnt that important after all to them.Hopefully there can be a solution to this problem ,thank you.

And I have to go back just to get them removed. I understand that Holidays are very busy and this kind of things happen more. But it is really inconvenient to the customers and it does no good to your reputation, right?

I am sure I completed each stage as directed. I did receive one $10.00 certificate and tonight I won another $10.00 and was told I would receive the certificate within 48 hours. I hope it works this time. Can I still get the certificates I won?

I received two jcp buttons that said codes were already used.

• 4w2nfyv
  • frahq3n

I received them from the Eastern Hill Mall Williamsville New York. Also was told I could only receive one button for two different purchases. I shopped at JCP today Blvd Mall Store and was told store was all out of buttons.

Won a 10.00 certificate. Ever time I tried to claim and print certificate out it said the certificate would be sent to me through e-mail but never received it. I tried retrieving certificate several different times with the same result. Also two of the buttons I received from the store had already been entered by someone else.

Finally when I last tried the e-mail telling me I had won disappeared completely. Didn't get a thing. Believe that Pennys should honor what they say they will. Have been a loyal customer for more than 40 years.

I have been a JCP customer for years. Enjoyed and purchased merchandise often. My local store which is one of the originals is one I enjoyed shopping in even though it didn't seem it could provide everything due to it's size. It's had some ups and downs in merchandising my needs, but when I visited there a few weeks ago I was pleasd to see how tiddy the racks looked and DISMAYED to discover the lack of merchandising for what I believe to fit our area. Pendleton has virtually not department stores save Walmart for clothing etc. now even JCP doesn't provide even a little of what I ight be looking for on a shopping trip. Don't get me wrong, the employees are excellent.

The store no longer has what I want. When I asked if you carried plus size clothes, I was told no but they could order it for me. I can order that myself. I don't generally shop for clothes online - very few things for that matter. Here's the Christmas season on us and I'll have to drive 75 miles to shop at a JCP store that might have what I'm looking for. Sad, but I don't think the store will make it on it's current marketing plans. Maybe you should become a BIGGER (not smaller) store in Pendleton and buy the now vacant Bank of America Building. For sure Pendleton could use a nice big department store. Anyway, I'm sorely disappointed in the Pendleton's store's direction.

I ordered a pendant on the 27th of November, and today on the 12th of December they sent me an email saying my pendant was no longer available because the manufacturer no longer had the piece. I just think it's a joke that they had to wait two weeks to inform me about a piece they no longer had, I spent some time looking over the internet and found that many people are having the same problems. I'm furious because this was something I picked out for my girlfriend and bypassed any other website to do a purchase. Now I'm probably going to have pay extra for a piece of jewelry and rush delivery so it doesn't get lost in the Christmas shipping. Jcpenney is a pathetic company and has no respect for their customers, and they seem to not care.

On October 9, 2012 at approximately 1:00pm I visited your Victorville location. I was purchasing a pair of jeans and was helped by a lady named Cynthia (great customer service from her). Not realizing that I was paying with cash and a gift card she swiped my gift card and asked for my credit card, I explained I didn't have it and was paying cash she said she would help me at the register as she couldn't take cash with the hand held computer. The gift card wouldn't work at the new computer and the manager that came over to help was RUDE. He wouldn't look at me, he was rude to Cynthia and he has NO customer service skills. She asked if he could just issue another gift card to complete the transaction and he huffed off.

About 10 minutes later a female manager stomped up and handed me another gift card & without even saying a word she turned and stomped off. Cynthia kept apologizing over and over throughout the entire 45 minutes I was trying to pay. I was so mad that I said cancel the order and was going to leave. At that time the first male manager calls Cynthia and says "get the gift card back" I heard him because I was still standing there. I've been a very loyal customer for over 45 years. I'm not sure I will ever return to another JC Penney again. I cannot believe the way the management treats not only the customers but the employees at the Victorville location.

I have bought most of my dress clothing at J.C.P. for years but the new direction your company has taken has taken me elsewhere. Today I received an offer from JCP to receive cash rewards for qualifying purchases but I won't be buying from JCP because when you decided to get into the culture war by hiring Ellen Degeneres and by advertising with controversial and offensive ads, I decided to take my business elsewhere. I contacted you way back when and you never even responded. That's speaks volumes! You had rather lose customers as to stay out of the culture wars. You must know that many, many of your clientele are offended at your new marketing strategies. It amazes me that you would offend the masses to cater to the minorities. That is not inclusiveness. That is business suicide! Anyway, I wanted to try one more time because I really liked JCP mens clothing but I can live without it rather than be offended by your in your face marketing strategies.

Lost my favorite sunglasses that I purchased from jcpenney (Dyersburg TN). Went in store to purchase another pair and was told they pulled the display because it was a seasonal item. Whats up with that? The sun shines most days in Tennessee and I need sunglasses year round! Anyway I did purchase a pair at a totally different store. Problem is they need to keep that rack in the store year round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does not take up that much space!

There is the one person at Jcpenney in Panama City Fl that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Her name is Tammy with red hair and she is a true witch. She spoke down to me like I was nothing about my reward coupon and she said her smart comments in front of other peoples as if she was trying to set me straight. How dare you Jcpenney for allowing employees to treat no longer a valuable customer in such a way.

I am so upset with J.C,Penny's. They stopped giving to their customers.Then they give everything to Ellen Degeneres. to give to every one in her audience .They have given thousands for her to give away and.I think they should realize no one buys anything I have not bought anything or have my friends, because.Their customers deserve extras,not strangers.Why do they give it all to Ellen.It is not right.I think this is terrible. Thank You Marlene Strauss

I was very disappointed to hear that you no longer sell Cabin Creek pants for women. I have always bought these pants. I am a teacher and the pants were classy and wore great. Please bring them back to the catalogue to be purchased. I can not find any pants that fit me like the Cabin Creek. I know you have received complaints on this item, but I do not know why you have ignored your customers. I only buy a few items from JC Penny, but I buy a number of items for my grandchildren.

I now do not have a reason to visit your store because what brought me into JC Penny is gone. So, I will take my business elsewhere. It took me a few years to locate the Cabin Creek pants, but I have been wearing them for over 10 years --I bought around 2o pants a year in a variety of colors --I only have a few wearable ones left--do not know what I am going to do without these pants--I have tried other brands but they are too long or too big---just very dissatisfied with JC Penny.

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for my new glasses and was told they would call me when the glasses came into the store. I had to call them long distance to inquire where were my glasses. The person who answered the phone said that they were in a box and had not got around to calling their customers. I have been without glasses for 2 weeks. I have a business and am very unhappy with your customer service in the optical department. My neighbor also ordered glasses the same day because her glasses were broken and has been waiting for a call. I was told that her glasses were in the same box and that they had not tried to call her yet too. My neighbor works on Saturday's and Mondays so we can't come get the glasses till tuesday. I have no idea how long the glasses were sitting at the optical department. If they would have called we could have come to the store and picked up our glasses on Friday the 28th of Sept. I will not recommend your optical department with its poor customer service.

Hi i was in jcpenny 2 days ago in alma mi took my step daughter school cloths shopping they wouldnt let me use my husbands card but 2 weeks before that i used it to get my other daughters cloths with no problems same store in alma mi and used it at all the other stores
I know its stoe policy not to let other people use there jcpenny card if there names not on it we know that and my husband works soooo many more hours like 80 a week to call the number and put my name on it but. Legal by law i owen half of what my husband has even his cards already talked to local police i use his cards all the time with no problems at all just the jcpenny sotre in alma i even showed the lady my marrige licence and couldnt use it my husband has been a costomer for 6 years but he did say that after all the stuff we bought there your company does that including haaving my wedding regitry there last year so we are done with jcpenny after we pay the card its being canceled the lady was rude about it after i swipped the card she wanted to see it and i didnt realize that that was just so she could tell me i couldnt use it and also had the nerve to complain cause it wasnt signed on the back it hadent been. Signed for 6 years lots of people do that and yes i did argue with them i was so mad after spending 130 dollars one one kid and we have 3 so we spent 300 on all that lady should be fired i am his wife and will never use that store again and neither will my husband i hope someone does something cause ill put bad reviews up all over thanks julie spindler

OrI recently was at my local JC Penney store and surprised to see so few associates working there. If your new way of doing things was eliminating jobs that is sad. There was only one cashier on the entire floor. I must say the woman went out of her way to help me but what does your new way of running the company have todo with helping the economy. I really like Ellen and good pick for spokes person but she is for helping people not eliminating jobs and further hurting our economy. Also the merchandise we all loved appears to be disappearing. Very sad for a company that has been part of the USA for so long. You really need to get in touch with the average consumer and ask for advise.

I rarely bother with these contests but thought I'd give this one a shot - entering the codes for the two buttons I received when making a purchase at JC Penney's last week. The print on the back of the buttons is so ridiculously small, I struggled to read them. And I'm relatively young with decent eyesight!

I then went through 6 or 7 attempts at the Captcha entries which were ridiculously difficult to interpret. Finally got kicked off and told that one can only enter a limited number of buttons a day. I never actually accomplished entering one!!! Ugh. Great - I see the Captcha box at the end of this complaint so I'm guessing this won't ever go through either.

What's the deal with the buttons?? I only got two, then wasted my time on the internet to find out the I'm not a winner! There's nothing about that that makes me want to go back and shop for more just to have the same disappointment of losing again. What was wrong with doing the survey and getting a percentage of next purchase? At least we were guaranteed savings. Change isn't always good...

I purchased 2 shirts on 11/23/2012 and received 2 buttons and instructions to submit the numbers to enter a rewards contest. The 2 numbers were awgfz3x and 4pjb4xc and I entered both numbere and for one number it said that i would get a 5 dollar coupond and the other said that i would receive a 10 dollar coupon. I receive a email with the 5 dollar coupon and still have not received the 10 dollar coupon. Please advise if your are going to honor you email responses.

Neil Conner

I got up early and waited in line on Black Friday to get the appliances advertised in the Black Friday ad. The appliances were the "doorbuster item". I was excited because I knew it would be worth it and I was there early enough that there was no way they would be sold out. I planned on getting some clothes on sale as well AFTER I got my appliance and put them in the car (my main objective was to get a waffle iron, griddle, toaster and coffee maker). At exactly 6 am they let us in and I raced around the store trying to find them.

I found an associate and asked her where they were. She replied "We didn't get any. Only the big stores received appliances". I was so mad I left without even looking at the clothes. In fact, I am so mad I will no longer shop there, although I have been a faithful JC Penney customer for a while. I think the ad should have specified that not all stores would receive these items. The Yankton, SD store I was at should have, at the very least, put a sign up letting everyone know that these items would not be available. At least then I would not have wasted my time standing in line. I think it was an intentional fraudulent ad. They may have gotten me there with those tactics but they lost a customer by doing it.

I purchased a set of polyester/cotton sheets with 4 pillocases in king size from a JCPenney outlet store. I did not have a receipt but think that the sheets were approximately 6 months old. I have sheets in my home currently that are 20 years old that do not look as bad as the ones I am compaining about. My husband has a beard and I assume that is the reason that the pillowcases look shredded! There are also multiple catches on the sheets themselves. I believe that the sheets are defective, but I did not get any satisfaction from the outlet store nor the regular store. I think compensation is needed in the form of a coupon for a set of king sized sheets !!! Thank you in advance for resolution of my problem.

Ordered 6 new towels and wash cloths, received a call merchandise was in, upon arrival to pick it up, I was given 12 washcloths and no towels, the rest backordered, when they looked at the backorder there were another 12 wash cloths and no towels, the system had changed the order to wash cloths only. Ordered Royal Velvet towels and was receiving JCP Home, talked to the manager and she went into the system and cancelled the remaining wash cloths and I returned the 12 there. Purchased towels and wash cloths at the store, 21 weeks later, received phone call stating my merchandise had arrived, the 12 wash cloths that was cancelled.

Their slogan is "fair and square" but it is far from that. During Christmas I bought a shirt at JCP and on the tag it said $12. But as I get home and remove the tag underneath the sticker it had the original price which said $10. I thought nothing of it, maybe it was a mistake. However, today I went in and i remembered this. As I was picking out things I decided to remove their "fair and square" tag and every single item price was higher than the original. Matter fact, one bracelet was marked at $22 and the original hidden price was $14! I approached one of the employees and asked for a manager, she said the manager was busy and that they could not change the price because the top price was the correct one. I asked her how could that be possible to be over charging people for merchandise and she just said that that was the new management "up sairs" whatever that means. I personally think this is a rip off. And this certainly does not feel fair and square and needs to be changed!

Dear Customer Service, I have owned my vehicle for 37 years, in 1979 I purchased a J.C. Penny lifetime Battery guarantee for it. Over the years I have replaced it with no problems, today I have to report that the manager in the Jensen Beach Florida refused to honor it even though I have my original paperwork. I was told by Beth the assistant manager that the store Manager Lisa Escalante said there was no question that the paperwork was legitimate, or any other reason to deny it, but this manager said no they would not honor it for a new battery.

What Beth said the manager would offer was what I paid originally for the lifetime guarantee, but that amount would not pay for a new battery at today's price, and I would no longer have a guarantee, and that is not what I paid for, what I did pay for in 1979 was a lifetime guarantee. I proved to them that I had the original paperwork, and this years vehicle registration, that was all that was ever required.

The battery my vehicle needs is a model 27-F and even though this J.C Penny does not have an auto department anymore, in the past the previous J.C. Penny manager Mr. Bradley would approve a purchase of a new battery at the nearby Sears store, I would take that approval letter he wrote for me and go to that Sears store and get a new battery with no problem, plus I would retain my Lifetime guarantee, and that is exactly what I wanted today but was denied. This manager would not accept that even though I have his business card and signature on it, to me this is very unreasonable. Please contact that Jensen Beach Fl store manager Lisa Escalante and ask her to call me so I can get this battery installed, I will appreciate that very much.

We went to JCP Portrait studio at Greentree Mall on Wednesday, November 21st 2012 to get a family portrait. Our appointment was shcheduled at 7:50 p.m., had to make a late appointment because my husband works late. We have 7 kids, so it took some time to get some good portraits....needless to say, we were there for quite awhile. As we were trying to wrap things up, out of the blue a JCP sales associate from the mens clothing walked over and asked if we were about done? To my disbelief, I asked hime if there was a problem, He replied by saying "Yes there is a problem when you're still here 50 minutes after the store closed at 9 p.m. and I'd like for you to leave, so I can lock the doors and get home." He then stomped off. The 2 ladies who worked at the portrait studio were appalled and of course, as a paying customer getting ready to spend over $200, so was I!!!! We were still trying to get things wrapped up, so I could pay and everyone could go home but having trouble getting a 25% off coupon to go through.....about 15 minutes after the sales associate left, a sales manager walked up with her keys jangeling and arms crossed walked up and gave us the "Look of death." One of the ladies at the portrait studio, looked up at her and said "We are almost done!!!!"
Overall, I had a great experience with the Portrait Studio and the 2 ladies who worked there, who had been there since 9 a.m. and had a reason to be tired but were very professional.....I will be returning to the prtrait studio but I won't be shopping at JC Penny ever again!!!!!!

Angie

I am very upset as unable to purchase Underscore Nylon Brief with lace waist in size 5. Only find information available for this product is in larger sizes - why not in size 5???

Please let me know the website for this product in size 5 as only available online at JC Penneys. They must be available for purchase someplace!! Clearance, etc, This is the only brand of underwear that I'm able to wear so information would be most appreciated.if can buy this product!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my request. Kathie Poechmann, 1085 1st Ave So, Okanogan, Wash. 98840, phone # 509-422-1637.

I went to JCPenney Optical for an eye exam. When I asked for my PD measurements (pupillary distance), they claimed it was information that they don't give to their clients. The reason? They would rather you spend over inflated money on their glasses and frames rather then go online to get glasses at a much much more reasonable price. From the moment that JCPenney realized that I was going to get my glasses on line rather then purchase a pair of their over priced glasses, they treated me like a smelly bum who just walked in off the street.

If you want your PD, I suggest going to WalMart Optical where they will have no problem giving you your PD, with a dis-claimer that they are not responsible if you decide to order glasses on line. In fact I found their prices and service much more reasonable and friendly. You may decide to order an extra pair or two from WalMart who's prices are slightly more then online.

I am so, sorry to bother you I recieved and e-mail saying I won I got excited. I did not read it how to claim I just printed it, and when I went to jcpenney they ask me where the bar code? and I said what do you mean and right then I know I did wrong. I called the customer service and told me what to, but I've got problem which button to inter I have twelve of them.

Should I inter each one of them? Oh! by the way I deleted all that I won because that I don't have to think when I open my e-mail that thinking I won again. I do I two five dollars winner and two ten dollars. I knew that you said I have to claim it in forty eight hours. I kind a did that only I printed it wrong. Would I be able to get all those winner buttons I had? If you tell me that I can't I understand. Thank you very much and I do like this promotion you had, and I do like to go to jcpenney a lot of course I only live about ten minutes away.

Penneys is my store since 1990.

How dare JC Penny even request a consumer report on me as to my character, its bad enough that to obtain a job these days you must submitt to a drug test , polygragh test, employment verification, references, and now a consumer report. I can sit my behind on state assistance with food stamps and let people like myself drain the system squeezing out one kid after another while they sell their foodstamps , take in boarders for unclaimed cash and smoke meth or crack all day , but know I am trying to get a second part time job and you want to trace me back to the womb? Here some facts for you I never call in I am always early to work, dressed accordingly for my job the United States has almost put me in the street while your CEO is cleaning up on my back.

All I want is a job to keep my house, if companies like you paid what some of us are worth we wouldnt have consumer issues, and wouldnt be looking for part time jobs to hang on to our houses. Your consumer report wont tell you Ive been in customer service for 25 years that Ive received awards and letters as to how good I am, its not going to tell you that Im to proud to borrow money to keep my head afloat and that I chose to look for a part time job its not going to tell you. Ive been out of work for almost a year and just now getting back on my feet at a minium wage job, it wont tell you during that year i lived in the street.

The Friday after Thanksgiving I went shopping in your JCP store in Wilkesboro, NC. I recieved a button with a code on it. I was told to go online and enter the code to recieve my free gift. When I did that I entered the code on the button. The next page that showed up was showing a choice between 4 different items. I chose the necklace that was choice one. It said I had to pay for the shipping . Which was $5.99. I recieved the necklace in about a 10 days. After that I recieved another necklace in the mail in an envelope without a packing slip. I went to the mailbox and opened my credit card bill and noticed that this company BFB*MIU MILANO had charged my credit card $49.00 for another necklace the one I recieved without a packing slip and had not ordered. When I called the number 1-855-213-5985 they told me I was on autoship every 30 days they would be sending me a new necklace. And would continue to charge my credit card for the items that I was not ordering and did not want. They said I would have to send the company an email. when I tried to go to the website it did not have a web page, it just kept popping up that, this page was not a valid page. Then I kept seeing where numerous people had a complaint book going on this company. Due to the fact they were being charged on their credit cards as well and had not ordered any of the items. The cancellation number I was given in 1-333-143. I sent the company an email when I finally found on which was support@miumilano.com I have yet to hear back form them. Their address is 1200 S. Brand Blvd. Ste. 154 , Glendale , CA 91204. I in return notified the manager at our Wilkesboro, NC JCP store. She had informed that she had no idea this was going on. I gave her the information that my credit card company gave me. She went online and looked it up while she was on the phone with me. She was in shock, had no idea what had happened. She called me back later on that same afternoon and asked me to go to JCP complaints and to file my complaint on what had happened. I love shopping at JCP stores but I will now become more hesitant about your promotions due to this incident. Thank you for all your help.

On Dec 6 I went to JC Penneys (Orange Park , FL) I went in to have a hair carmelize and a trim. I have very short hair not even sholder length. When I was done Bonnie the stylist told the cashier Chistian that it was $180.00. At that time I was to stunned to question it. I later called the manager Cindy and she said "no it should be between 115 and 125. I asked her to hold my check and I would be back. I went back the Monday after that to write the correct check. I asked the cashier to I get any future discounts because of the twenty dollars worth of gas I used to come back. She said no your caramilzing would have been $140.00. They need to get together and figure out the price and stick with it. I have been a custmer for over seven years but I dont think I will be using them anymore.

I waited in line 40 minutes and then waited another 40 minutes for the saleswoman to tell me the necklace and earrings advertised in your Black Friday ad weren't even there and not in any store. She tried to sell me something that was quite under par from your ad. I felt that I was a victim of false advertising! This was at the Westfield Shopping Center in Meriden, Ct. It was only a $70 sale item, but why would you advertise something that you didn't even have to sell? To get people in the store and sell them something more expensive? I feel cheated. I only have so much money due to my wife awaiting a disability hearing. She is very sick and I wanted to get her something to make her smile!

William Lafleur

I placed an order on 11/23/12 with jcp on line and was told that the order would be to me in 4 to 7 business days. When I called to check on my order on 12/02/12 oi was told that there was a hold on my credit card. i did not understand why because my credit card is just find. then i was told that's just they way that jcp do things. part of that order i need today. if i was told that you were going to hold my card i could have done business with someone eles. i feel that you should be honest with your customers when they call and place an order. i was told that my order might go out on monday Decemb er 3, 2012. as you can see it is way over the 4 to 7 days promis to me. i am trying to see if i can get this order from some other source.

As I was in the front of the line at JC Penny line this morning on Black Friday, Looking through the window we saw several JC Penny Associates ringing up sales items for themselves before we were allowed in the store. These items were the small applaince items for 8.00 dollars. When we were allowed in the store, most of the 8 dollar items were sold out. Why was this allowed? Don't say it didn't happen because we watched it through the door window. I have been a long standing customer for JC Penny but after this I just don't know if I will shop again in this store.

I placed an order on 11/23/12 (2012328510447805) the orderwas to arrive to me in 4 to 7 busineess day. I called to check on the order and was told that something was wrong with my credit card per Annett. Made a call to JCP credit card office to see what was the promble and was told by Ray that there should not be a promble, because I have more then enough to cove the $58.00 purchase. they were not understand ing what was going on. Christian from Milwaukee checeked my order and said it is at the point where it can not be cancel. this is my first and last time of order anything from JCP on line. i took you at your word when you said 4-7 business days. your word is your bound and that's what i was staning on your word. i have been with jcp for years, but i see things in a whole new light. i really do not know when i will get my order per christian.

I was shopping in the jewelry department. I asked the sales woman who was talking to two other employees if someone could help me. The older woman came over and I told her I wanted to see the Mother rings that were in a jewelry case on the counter. She told me we don't sell those here and I said well can I at least try them on so I can get an idea of how they look. She says I can't take them out they are usually permanently attached, they are just for show. She proceeded to try to remove one and it did come out and I tried it on. She went on to tell me that I had to order them online. She then noticed that she was being rude so she offered to get my ring size. She brings out this large ring with all the different sizes of rings on it. I tried one and then all of a sudden they all fell on the floor. She says "I knew that was going to happen", she was very irritated. They all fell on my side of the counter and she just stood on the other side of the counter as I picked them up. She tells me " just leave them there", meaning on the counter. I felt very embarrassed and felt I was treated very rudely. All I wanted was to buy a ring. I left the store and bought nothing.

My husband had purchased me a Diamond Ring on o8/12/2011 from Jc Penny because my orignal wedding band had broken and he purchased the lifetime service plan on it. It was right after I had my son so it fit perfectly at that time of course. Now that I have lost the weight from having him it is really lose so I took it into the Jc Pennys in Taylor MI in Southland Mall to have it sized because that is where he had bought it from. I walked up to the counter and there was a couple ahead of me so I waited and I there was a women available (it was Saturday 12/15/2012 around 10:45am,glasses,dark short hair in a bob,maybe an Iltain accent and in her 50/60s. I am a little younger in my 30s) I don't know if that is why she kept ignoring me or not she helped older people who walked up to the counter after me and I know she had seen me caused she looked at me a few times! maybe it was because she had seen me holding the ring and paperwork for it and thought I wasn't going to buy something so she wounld get any commisoon out of me I don't know. So finally I said I have been waiting here and I believe I have been here before the last couple of customers (I work in customer service myself so I wasn't rude about it I was trying to get her attention cause I know she had seen me there). She stated to me this lady was here before you! not a hello or well be with you in a moment NOTHING but rudeness. I know we all have bad days but I know what it is like to be busy with customers too esp this time of year. Anyways she said that lady was there earlier and came back a few hrs later. Really because I had just watched her jump from customer to customer and they were just walking up to the counter. Now I really don't even want to go back there to even have it done. I have never had that bad of service there before my mom,husband and son were with me so they seen it to. We just left after that and said forget it. What is the point of purchaseing a lifetime servise plan if all you get when you come in to be serviced you get a nasty attutide and no help what so ever! I don't know if I well be back to this store or not but I would hate to pay someone for something we already payed for. I thought I would bring it to your attention because who knows how many other people have been treated that way to and there is no reason for it. I know my work positon as a CSA I probley would lose my job or be written up by my boss. Thank you for your time please feel free to email me

Emporia ks .The management is a joke all the boss just sit on their butt all day or walk around acting like their doing something when their really just talking. They tell us at work that were not allowed to talk unless its about work. Workers are right in front of bosses on their cell phones and don't get in trouble cause their really good friends. They judge their customers right in front of them and act like their better than them.its just a horrible place to work you complain to a boss and she doesn't care cause she's friends with them.

Every time I put things in my shopping cart, it only keeps them there for a matter of minutes, and then, with no warning, it kicks them out, so you can't complete the order transaction. If you go to their email section to report the problem you cannot click on the "topic" subject which is a required item to send the email. I called the 800 number and reported it to the rep and she said she would send in the complaint, but that was two days ago and things are still out of wack. I'd have to think with a website running like this, they are losing a lot of money (including mine). My computer seems to be running fine, as I have ordered from other sites with no problems. Thank you for your help.

I placed an online (10 items total) order for $201.00 on Nov.30, 2012. I got one item today Dec. 10, 2012. To my astonishment nothing else arrived. I called JCP customer care, they inform me that due to holidays (WHAT!) my order will be late, also some items may have been on back order, of which they did not inform me at the time I was placing my online order. Now because of their uncaring attitude toward their customers my Christmas packages will not arrive to their destinations in time for Christmas. My daughter placed an order (over $200) on Dec. 4, 2012 and recieved it 2 (two) days later. I don't understand the logic of JCP. Maybe they just don't care when they offer free shipping if order over $50. I am so disgusted w/JCP I doubt I will ever darken their doorway again!

I am normally in love with JCPenney, but now I am very disappointed in them. They have discontinued my favorite, and most comfortable cotton briefs. Why? Someone else, or another company should take up the selling of the Underscore brand, because there are a lot of loyal customers like me who want to purchase this brand. I hate when a corporation makes a decision without understanding its customer base. It is an insult. I have tried other brands and have hated their fit. Who wants a skinny stringy underpants that bunches up in your private area? I don't.

Someone has replaced my previous phone number on my rewards account with a strangers name and phone number, plus there e-mail address. When I was in the Georgia Mall store on January 9, 2015, my phone number that we used for 23 years would not activate and another person's name keep reappearing. I was able to get his phone number, name plus after talking to customer service his e-mail address, which I was not impressed with the phone menu. JC Penny's need a better system just to address my account and concerns. My next option was to contact the store manager, which was a fail. In attempt to contact the store manager several times at the store location that this may have occurred, the manager was not available, so in observation the store has poor leadership. I feel with my gut that something isn't right at this location, and a possible scam may be occurring. I plan to contact the person on my account and let them be aware of my findings, and that I have reported this incident to authorities and plan to contact the local police in the area that action occurred. It is only fair to due to having no easy access to get this resolved. I feel that JC Penny wants my business as a customer, but when I need to talk with a person to start a process, I have to search the internet just to find a number that doesn't exist then finally this section for a complaint. I have lost all faith in the company with this process and plan to support this store less. I hope to hear from someone soon to make sure this isn't happening to other customers that might be unaware or could this be a one time event, however I want answers!

Schedule and appointment to have my picture taken wiuth my four grandchildren. appointment was 350pm on March 30, 2014. Arrived at 330p. Girl taking picutres asked what we wanted, we explained and then she proceeded to tell us what was going to take place. /not igving us the opportunity to choose how we wanted pictures. She rushed us through the process and we did have some difficulty with our three year old. Photogrpaher didnt seem to care just wanted to get pictures over with and move on the the last shoot of the day. Pictures we thought were being taken and were told were being taken were not. After photo session, we waited 15 minutes for anohter assoicate to come over to us and she then told me that we would need to look at pictures ourself since she was going to have to helo the photogrpaher. She stated that photographer was done mentally for the day. So we looked at less than exceptable pictures and after another 15 minutes the aqssoicates came back and she was told that we were in no way buying anything today. Pictures looked like they were rushed and we were not paying for these. Associate apoligized and told us we could view them on line for the next week if we wanted to choose anything.
JC Penney lost not only my business today but that of my daughter and daughter in law. In addition, anyone that I can tell my experience to I will. Facebook is a wonderful media outlet and I have posted my dissatification with JC Penney already.

I’m a 6 ‘6 388 pound guy that just wants to be able to walk in a store and go to the big AND tall section and actually find clothes for big and tall not so called 5x shirt that is a high priced 2x shirt for a boy.the big and tall community demand real big and tall clothes . Jcpenny STOP the false advertisements and take away the big and tall section in your stores you don’t know what your doing .

I missed a call from the Albany, GA JC Penney mall. I assumed it was about the recent order I made on line and had shipped to their store. When I called, I got the children’s department, when I explained what I thought may have happened the young lady said she would transfer me to catalog. The phone rang at least twenty times and then I was routed back to the same young woman. I explained that I was holding for catalog. She sighed loudly into the phone and said well I guess no one is there. Hold on, I will transfer you again. I tried to tell her that I just needed to know where to pick up my delivery and ask if I needed to bring anything but she had already transfered me again. The next person that answered was rude and told me that I would need to call them back in ten minutes that she had customers looking at her and could not assist me. I spend a good deal of money in that store and only needed a minute of her time. I am very unsatisfied with the service that I received today. Not sure if I will be back.

I have always loved JC Penney. However, this past year I have noticed that I cant find anything in the stores. When I ask the cashiers they keep telling me that I need to get online to find more items or that I can order items but it will take 5-10 working days. I guess that when I go to a store I want to purchase merchandise there, not be told to go online or wait for 2 weeks. My daughter asked me why I keep going there since I cant find what I want at the store. I told her I really didnt know, maybe I am hopeful that you will get the stores back to where they used to be. I doubt this will make any difference but I hope that you will at least consider this request. Your customers want to go to the store and come out with purchased items, not go online or wait. Thank you.

I left a very bad domestic abuse situation. When the police helped me leave all I took was my dog and a overnight bag. Two weeks later when I went back to get my things they had all been destroyed. I’ve been working hard to rebuild my life. Our case is before the wisc appeals court. I even got charged with disorderly conduct for going back to get my two house cats. I work cleaning homes right now-and get 150.00 a month in food assistance. I was tired of wearing everything from a thrift store I wanted new underwear and socks maybe a pair of shorts . So I went to my local penneys store in marshfield wisc. I asked for the manager I wanted to see if they had any “damaged” but yet new items I could maybe buy for a really reduced price. Before I could finish asking I was told “there are places for people like me” I said I was aware of them in our town etc.. I was spoken to loud and rudely in front of customers in both the store and hair salon. I just said I was sorry and left. Maybe I had no right to ask but I should not have been humiliated privately or publicly. If treating people this way is another way you are changing your stores I feel sorry for you. Ellen degeneres can give penneys giftcards away on tv to her audience you look good for that! I will NEVER go in the marshfield store. AGAIN EVER!!! I live with a friend right now I don’t have a bath towel of my own or a new anything but I treat better than your store manager!!! I hope your company is proud “there are places for people like me”!!

I am now 59 yeara old and have been shopping @JC Pennys since was a teenager in high school. Was always the place to go for school wear or dress clothes for any occasion down to belts,socks,cufflinks or whatever needed. Have for years since homeowner always bought bathroom & home decor there and always felt like had great selections and great prices. Now, I walk in every store in Louisville, Ky with $50 gift cards given me and can’t find a thing to buy.

The brands and selection I had grown to love are gone and nothing but alot of money spent on little cubicles of clothing supposedly with high end fashion names with styles and quality that only young teenagers would wear and very little in stock to choose from with ridiculous prices. No selection for bathroom, bedding and home decor that had before,just overpriced cheap looking products that can buy cheaper at discount stores.

Example is bathroom carpeting, shower curtain selections. The JC Penny Collection used to be wonderful but now the recent carpeting and rugs I purchased that were supposed to be the same quality are thin, terrible backing and look cheap. Used to have a wonderful drapery section, but now looks like rags on rods. And lord help you to find someone to help you without an attitude or even knows anything about the products.

Most of the great sales men and women most likely got discouraged and left, replaced my young snotty kids that don’t seem to know anything about helping with home decor or picking out a suit jacket and really don’t want to be bothered. I will say that seems to be a problem in other what I call more high end department stores. JC Penny’s used to be the place to go for about anything I needed, clothing,furniture,home decor, jewerly but now is just a big disappointment.

Please bring back the old brands. the full tables and racks of selection and sales people that actually want to help you find what you need and some place to check it out without getting attitude. I think the recently replaced “boss” might have been great for other stores (even though I think Target is much worse and worse quality than it used to be too) but what has been done to JC Penny now is a tragedy and I am forced to shop elsewhere. Thanks!

I am 7 months pregnant and experiencing a lot of back pain, which limits my ability to walk far distances. My husband and I were leaving the Quakerbridge Mall in West Windsor, NJ. Our car was parked outside the JC Penny. We were 20 feet away from the inside mall entrance to the store when a sales woman locked the doors. I went to the door and knocked, hoping they would open the door for me so I could walk through to my car. A different sales woman, whom I later learned is named Zarna Shah, looked at me, said no and shook her head. I knocked several more times, hoping she would come over and at least talk to me and explain, but she blatantly ignored me. I had to walk all the way around the mall, in pain, to get to my car. I understand if it is company policy that they can’t open the door past a certain time, but she shouldn’t have ignored me.

I went to your Daytona Beach, FL store yesterday (4.13.2013) to get another drapery set-up (rod and curtains) and three new sets of towels after receiving emails on specials for the home and an email coupon to take an extra 20% off the purchase. My wife and I have already spent hundreds of dollars at this location in fixing up our new home and wanted to get additional matching items, so going elsewhere wasn’t even a thought…but it is now! The departments I needed to visit were under a reconstruction with really NO merchandise available to choose from…there were a few towels out but not enough (maybe 4 of each color, I need 8-12 towels and other pieces to match the set).

Additionally, I could not find anybody to help…the place felt deserted. I left the store and have been trying to get the items on-line, however, it is hard to tell on-line exactly what the curtain and rod materials look like, and what I think is the correct matching rod on-line doesn’t show the hardware (braces) to get a positive match to the rest of the house. I like to shop and what I’m purchasing…not taking queses on-line. I would like to take advantage of your ‘extra’ offers if merchandise and helpful personnel are available. I live approx. 40 mins. from the DB JCP and 5 mins. to the nearest Belks.

I have been a JC Penney’s customer for over 45 years and enjoyed the wonderful selections and variety of products they offered. I spend a lot of money at the Rapid City, Sd store and Christmas was always the greatest shopping trip. I walked into our local store after the so called up to date changes and my shock was apparent as it was like walking into a completely different store. The usual brands of ST Johns and the great selection of women’s clothing were no where in sight. Sad to say, that was my last visit to a store that been part of my shopping experience for years. NOW, that you all have gotten back on terra firma and replaced the so called new look with the older, better selections I will be checking you out!!!

The latest look of JC Penney has been the best look for them in years! The CEO had a vision and it was a good one. The prices were great and the stores were laid out wonderfully. My daughters and I loved the way everything came together and did some Christmas shopping there. Why in the world would you let this man go when things were just getting better for the company? It takes a while to get a new concept off of the ground and you didn’t give him enough time to accomplish this. Shame on you!!! I hope you’ll reconsider.

Every day low price ? Not true. I used to shop at this store all the time . I had a jc credit card with a pretty good amount o spending money. I was a costumer for probably 5-6 years. But after the new CEO decide to change the sales coupons for every day Lowe price I was very disappointed.

But I still gave I try so I took my kids to go cloth shopping for back to school. Which was a big mistake. When the cashier gave my total price I them realize that the every day low price wasn’t such every day low price and since them i never shop at that store again.

i finished paying my jcp card and cancel my account . AIM so disappointed. The store now looks empty and the layout and clothe quality is really bad.

I took my 6 year old son to the salon at JC Penny, Tukwila, Wa, on Sunday February 17, 2013 for a haircut. I was under the impression that your store was offering the free haircuts for kids every Sunday. I was disappointed when I asked for my sons hair to be trimmed and instead the stylist gave him a buzz cut. I was then disappointed when I found out after the cut that JC Penny stopped offering the free kids cuts February 1. I wish that the stylist or the women who made the appointment had mentioned this detail. I to say the least am disappointed and believe the information should have been pored somewhere so customers are informed.

Allison Hardman

I am visiting Poughkeepsie, NY for my mothers birthday and went to the store to purchase a piece of Jewelery. The brochure atated the sale was dec 30 to xxx. Dec 30th bing today I thought I would get the discount. Instead I was told I had to pick the item up on Sunday. I told him I would not be here and her birthday is tomorrow. I eventully left with out purchasing anything. I called to speak to a manager to understand the sale.

She said something about pre sale and thats the way it works. I said there was nothing in the brochure but thats the way it is done and she worked in furniture for 20 yrs and this always happend. Being a JC penney member for 40 yrs I have never been told this nor have I been trated this badly. She wemt on to say my mother could pick the item up, my mother is 86 and does not drive. She also said there are millions who appreciate our sales.

I felt like she was saying I didnt appreciate them. She made me feel uncomfortable. I have never been treated by your competitors as I was today. I am sorry this happened as I shop a lot in your store but will think twice before I do again. Thank you. Marshall Dalleo

I visited the JCPenney Salon in Fredericksburg, VA on December 28th, 2012. I called 2 weeks ahead and scheduled a cut and color. When I arrived 15 minutes early I was told to have a seat and someone would be with me shortly. I brought my mother in law along to get a shampoo and style. She however did not have an appointment, but was a walk-in. We were given the same appointment time. She (who has short hair) was taken back on time. A few employees went to the desk to check the computer and asked if I had been helped. Each time I told the new lady at the desk my name and that I had a 10:30 appointment. Three different ladies asked me the same question, then looked in the computer and walked away. They either started a conversation with another employee or sat down int heir chairs. When the fourth lady finally came up and asked me the same question, I again told her my name and my appointment time. It was now 20 minutes past my appointment. The woman had a negative attitude in the beginning. She said “and you want color?” in a nasty tone. I told her yes, I wanted a cut and color. Looking around I noticed a lot of the clientele were ladies with shorter hair getting cuts or perms. I have long hair that takes time, and the impression I got was that nobody in the salon wanted to deal with my hair. If long hair or color is not something a salon specializes in then it should not be offered on the menu of services. When the fourth lady finally brought me back she was very reserved and seemed like she was put out having to “deal” with me. I tried to be friendly and make conversation. I attempted to make jokes when she pulled out the color book to see which one I wanted. She seemed to warm up a little following the jokes, but not much. She did not explain anything she was doing while she worked. The color we chose is not the color it turned out to be on my hair. I tried to make the best of it and thanked her. I also left her a 25% tip to show my appreciation for “dealing” with my hair. She also took a few smoke breaks while working on my hair. I know this because when she returned from her breaks she reeked of cigarette smoke. I am not telling anyone how to live, but in a business when you are working in close proximity to the customer at least make an attempt to avoid smelling offensive when you are working with them. I must say I am very disappointed in the service and product I received that day. I am an avid JCPenney shopper. I am sad to say that was my first and last visit to the JCPenney salon.

I purchased 2 pair of Arizona jeans in August 2012 and 1 pair in September 2012 and all of them have ripped near the back pocket. The first pair tore about 1 week after purchasing them, the second pair was the one bought in September and that tore right away and the third pair was one purchased in August and that just now finally ripped January 2013. I didn’t have my receipt for either purchase so the store would not take them back. It’s very frustrating to buy them and have the rip out right away. I purchase a lot of items at JCPenney but lately have not been very satisifed.

I placed an order on December 13 for my children’s Christmas. After checking Track my order on the website several times and not seeing that my order had been shipped I contacted customer service on Dec. 21 to find out they were holding the entire order because two items were on back order. I told them to cancel the back order items and send the rest. So I reordered the back order items on a separate ticket. In the past JCP has always sent what is in stock and then sends the back order items later. Even though I called on Dec. 21 I didn’t receive the in stock items until January 7. Then two of the back order items were cancelled by JCP because they were out of stock. The other item didn’t arrive until January 14. Complaint #2 I had to return jeans for another size so I reorder those and was told the store would call me when they arrive at the store. The Jeans arrived 4 days ago and the store never called me. I had to call to find out that my order had arrived. I’ve been doing business with JCP for over 30 years and have never had these issues. If this continues I will be taking my business elsewhere. Besides that JCP doesn’t have the quality clothes or the petite size in any variety like they have had in the past.

I have been shopping at JC penneys for a long time. I came into the Silverdale Washington store on Friday 1/11/2013 about approx. 11 a.m.ish?? I had just purchased a dress and was looking for some shoes to go with my dress. I approached the desk in the shoe department and asked the employee for some help in finding some high heal black shoes. All she said to me is “what you see is what you get!” I could no believe that response at all. I turned around and felt just so little like I meant nothing as a customer. She had a medium build and had blondish brown hair. I just want to inform you of who is representing your company:(

Thanks

Marnee K Mellon

I ordered a pair of boots on 12/27/12 in store. The sales clerk ordered them on line for me and told me it would be 4 to 7 days. She said I would be called when they come in. As of 1/10/13, I still had not been called. I went in store to see if they were in. They were in and I asked when the merchandise arrived. The clerk said the boots arrived on 1/3/13. Poor customer service to not be called as promised. The clerk simply said sorry but that doesnt change the fact that I waited an extra week to get these. JCP has really gone down hill the last couple of years and I shop there less and less. Poor customer service and quailty of merchandise.

My stylist works at the JcPenny’s Salon in Cedar Hill, TX. She is very good, no complaints on her service. However, I am very concerned that every other Sunday, there is rarely a receptionist checking in clients, answering phones and checking out customers. Many of the stylist have to stop working and go take care of those duties. I understand JcPenny’s maybe like every other company out there, cutting costs as much as they can. But it is extremely inefficient to stop working and go handle other duties that are not necessarily the stylist duties (as most of them do not know how the register works – sometimes it takes 2 or 3 to make it happen). I believe someone should be in that department from 1p-5p – assisting with transactions and check-ins.

First off let me say the JcPenny penny’s is my favorite store to shop. On 1/4/2013 I went in to shop and found some great deals on some dresses for the unbelievable price of six dollar. I was going to purchase three do them
That I reall loved. As I went to pay for them the cashier told me that I couldn’t buy two of them because the price was wrong ( she left to check) I was really upset and told her in which area I had gotten them and that their were more of the same in the rack for that price. I also told her the the other customers were going to get upset if they also didn’t get them for the price stated on the tag, she didn’t seem to care all she said was maybe they could help you on the other side. I was in a hurry or I would have aske for a manager to speak to. This has never happen to me the ladies alway charged me on what the tag is priced. My only question is what is your policy on items priced , this was on the clearance racks.

Hello, I loved the buttons. My grandchildren will love them too! The promotion did get me into the store, more than I have been in, for a while. The numbers were a little hard to read, but I have a magnifying glass that works great. Some of the captcha words were hard to figure out as well. But I did win a couple of coupons. Thanks ! I did get several buttons that were invalid. Not sure how that happened, but that was disappointing. All in all, I would definitely do this again.

I have been a customer of jcpenney’s for many years but I have never in my life had bad customer service as yesterday. Had an appointment for pictures and there was no greetings and it took the person 20 minutes to even speak.

The appointment was later as in 40 minutes so if the appointments are not going to be on time you shouldn’t schedule them the way you do.

The first time I had an appointment at Cielo Vista Mall I left because of the same situation. I had been taking pictures at Jcpenney off Joe battle and the service is always on time. Cielo Vista Mall need better customer service.

I had 2 buttons that was a winner of $10, when this promotion started. It stated that I will recd my $10 in 48 hours. I didn’t recd it and called customer service and they took info and said, someone will contact me and that they were mailing out my 2 $10 winners. Well, that was a month ago and no one has contact me. Then I called again and today.

So, my question is when will I recd my 2 $10 certificate from the buttons promotions? I was in jcp before Christmas and the sales lady ask me to do the survey, and I told her this will not be a good idea because I don’t have good things to say about jcp right now. When this was my favorite shopping store that I thought stood by their word.

I’m in college and recently did a paper on jcp and their falling prices and how people don’t like the fact that Ellen is the spokeperson. I was for Ellen as spokesperson and I was saying I hope jcp pull out of this mess and don’t shut down. Now having second thoughts.

Someone please contact me or email my certificate totaling $20.00.

I recently have entered 6 buttons and i have gotten emails back that I have won three. so i claimed them. I got one back and the next day the other. But after more than 48 hours i have not gotten the third one back. We do not have internet so i am relying on my family members to let me come over and get on there computers. These are the six buttons i entered. mesxrmp pjeuvnv wvwyju2 afag4dz cbjasgm and zhnhm2p I do not remember which ones were which so i gave them all to you to verify i lost three and won three. I have been able to print out two of the three coupons, and i would really appreciate it if i could get that third one before the 31. Thank you.

Hello I had received four button during your little button rewards game. these are the codes I entered tt2dwkn, uwt3htg, mvyffqn, za4y5n3 one of these button was a winner of a $10 dollar gift card not sure which one, but I never received the card. it stated i would receive it in the mail. I am sure if you pull up my member credit card you will see that i am a avid shopper at JCP and have payed my bills. I am not sure why I did not get my gift card, but I feel if your are going to advertise a game to help increase sales you should honor it. So I would like to know what happened and how long will it be before I get my gift card.

I had purchased some pants from the Battlefield Mall Penneys store and decided to get a couple more pairs in other colors. I called the store to see if they had them in my size. The lady was gone a long time and came back to say they only had a white pair in my size which wasn’t what I wanted. I called again later and got a saleswoman that found the pants I wanted in the color and size and said she would hold them for me until the next day. I then went to the store the next day and when I went to the register I was told to go to, they were unable to find any record of the hold and casually brushed me off saying they were probably put back on the rack. I checked and they were not there. I now find that they are a discontinued brand “made for life” that is not online!!!

Very unhappy customer that will probably never shop at JCP again………

After working a hard shift and dealing with a lot of customers a lot of us employees have to close and organize every hanger and cloths a special way that no customer really cares about. I’m really complaining about not getting out at the time we are scheduled too. For example we are scheduled an hour after close and the managers have us stay for 4-7 hours more and expect some of us to open the next day. We and a lot of employees have a life and are tiered of staying later than we are schealed to, a lot of us go to school and have a family to be with.The “L.O.D” name Matthew makes us stay 5-6 hours after close and never helps us, he just walks around and complains. Must be nice to have his position and do nothing. The jcpenny store I’m complaing for is located in Conorado mall in Albuquerque new Mexico.

I experienced rude service today at JCPenney’s. I am normally a big fan of JCP. I am a female by birth but I almost always shop in the “men’s” department because I am asexual and I do not identify as being a woman. I selected some shirts that I wanted to try on and went into the only dressing room on the entire floor. (The top floor is “women’s” and the bottom floor is “men’s.”) When I came out of the dressing room, an older blonde employee confronted me and said to me, “Don’t you know that this is the MEN’S dressing room?” I was stunned. I didn’t say anything. I always shop at JCP’s “men’s” section and no one has ever confronted me rudely and judged me for this. It is clear that that employee thought I should be shopping in women’s section, and made her own judgment. I do not understand this behavior. I thought that JCPenney of all stores would be more understanding, especially with their promotion of gay rights as well as their support of Ellen Degeneres, an openly gay individual, as official spokesperson of JCP. If they want me to fit society’s gender binary, then they should at least put more than one dressing room on each floor. OR better yet, make the dressing rooms GENDER NEUTRAL. Our JCP is huge and it would be ridiculous for me to walk through “men’s” to housewares, then to the escalator, then through “women’s” just to use the “appropriate” dressing room for my appearance. Then, oops, wrong size, have to go back downstairs, through housewares, through “men’s” for another size. JCPenney, you should help your employees learn to be a little more tolerant.

Has Ron Johnson no passion for the customer who has shopped at jc penneys for over 35 years to get my support hose that was the best ever. I”ve tried other brands but they are not the same. Now you have to go on line and pay for the shipping and handling when we were able to get this item in the store. Has his mom died and he has no compasion for other mothers or daughters who need this item for health reasons. I don’t need to know that a coffee bar in the middle of the store is better than buying what I have always counted on for my health and comfort. I have never gone to this length to get this product back on the shelf. I have read other womens reaction to the same problem and nothing seems to work. WHAT is wrong here. Can the stock holders quit giving this ron johnson so much leeway. I’m sick over this please help us out here. I know this will go no where but atleast I’m trying. Giving him millions has given him no passion for the customer who cared about your store.

We continually received buttons that would not go thru or had said they had been used. We entered periodically and said we had won but did not get the printable certificate. On the last day we(my husband and I) entered codes that said we had won 3 #10 certificated and sent them in and recieved the successful message but have yet to get the ceriticate. I am just wondering why it has not came and if you are going to honor them?I have taken certificates in to use that I have been told had already been uses and I had just printed them before leaving the house. This has not been a good experience for me with JCP Penny. I can see from the NUMEROUS complaints I am not alone in this. This does not say much for the reputation of JCPenny.

I shop at the store in Owasso Ok. and the pricing is very deceiving. I pay attention to the fine print on the signs that read (and up) but when it does not have that on them I expect to pay that price. I went in to buy a coat yesterday and some tags read 30.00 and some read 40.00 etc. So I pick out a 30.00 coat several more on the same rack so I know it was not placed on the rack by a shopper. When i went to check out it rang up 80.00 I am on a fixed income so of course i did not buy it. This is not the first time this has happened. It will be the last time. I spend quite a bit in that store but I find it more difficult to find anything for my age category. Over 60

We do (did) a lot of shopping at J C Penney’s, have for many years. The button contest was awful, half of the buttons I received didn’t work. I agree with everyone else, the ones that didn’t work were probably winners. My family and I called the headquarters in Dallas, TX and they said they didn’t care what we thought on the buttons. They said it was a third party that was handling that and the lady told me “Here’s an email address write them and tell them why you don’t like it”. So I took the e-mail down and looked it up and all you get to do is write a complaint. Good luck you will never hear from anyone. I was shocked at the main office in Dallas….I guess, but not really because those people in Dallas think they are something and they run the whole world. It has really changed my mind about shopping there ever again. I like Dillard’s and Macy’s and I think they will get my business from now on.

On Dec. 14, I returned a product to JCP in Provo, Utah. It was not a very user-friendly product, and I planned to return it and then immediately purchase a different product of the same price. When I initially bought this curling iron, I used one of the gift certificates I’d won as part of the Black Friday pins. (I should note that I was disappointed to get pins instead of the snow globes that I’ve been collecting for years.) When I returned the curling iron, I figured I would get some sort of credit for the gift certificate. I did not. I didn’t expect the cash back, but I thought I would still be able to use that. Because I didn’t get that credit, I did not purchase the other item I was planning to; I went to another store. I really don’t understand this policy. The store lost a sale because of it. I told the clerks that I was planning to buy a replacement product in the store right then, but the policy was that the gift certificate was gone. I could not even use that credit on another product in the store. This seems like really bad business to me.

I ordered merchandise for pickup, but when I went to pick up the merchandise, and after I signed for it, the clerk told me that it was not in the store. JCPenney called me 48 hours prior to inform me that the merchandise had arrived. I think someone stole my merchandise. Now the order looks like I picked it up, when I didn’t. I told the clerk that I was concerned that I had signed prior to her update that the merchandise was missing, but she assured me that it was okay. It’s not okay. I will go to the store again tomorrow to get my money back.

i did a lot of xmas shopping at your store at hamilton town center in Indiana.I had several buttons to enter at two buttons a day.Last Friday one of my entries was a twenty-five dollar winner. I saw where you had sent my e-mail to me my printer is on the fritz so my daughter was going to print my winner for me. She went to print it for me and we can’t find it I have not deleted anything from my mail it is not in my trash . Also I had called to complain I had 3 buttons that only had 6 digits on the back of the button and nobody has given me an answer about those buttons come on jcp you are one of my daughters and I favorite stores to shop . Please don’t drop the ball here.

I ordered a set of dinnerware when I got it there was a broken dinner plate. I called customer service and they said I had to order a whole set and return the other one when all I needed was a new dinner plate. I talked to two different people. The second person gave me the number of replacement parts store so I called them and they needed a lot of info which no one gave me to give to them so again I had to call jcpenney’s back and get the info they should have shared with me to begin with. Then I had to call the replacement store back. This is totally not called for. Why can’t Penny’s get their act straight and give good customer service I found out they are out of the dinnerware and have to wait 4-6 weeks for a replacement. I shouldn’t have had to go through all that nonsense to get a replacement.

I have ordered many times this year from J C Penney. This last time I orderd 1 pair of kahki pants sixe 7, 1 pair in black and 2 in navy, plus 2 sports bras. I received 5 peices of draperies…I never ordered drapes and the original order with all the pants and bras were in the box! Before that I order 4 chairs to be shipped to my daughter. They shipped them to the store! When I called they told it was there mistake and had to reorder and ship them….then I ordered a robe for my granddaughter I received a robe but it wasnt the robe I ordered, prior to that I placed an order for uniforms and my granddaughters received a pair of womens size 14 jeans!!! What the heck is wqrong with J C PENNEY??? If this is happening to me who else is getting the wrong merchanise??? You need to get a handle on your quality control as no one is checking that the merchandse going out is right….

I emailed two weeks ago about these promotional buttons. I have two that keep saying wrong code. I am upset just at the thought that one of them could be worth money and I cant even find out. Ive told people working at JCP they told me to go to this website and that JCP would send me working codes. I have not heard from anyone in two weeks and im pretty upset at this. For JCP to not follow through with what they said is frustrating. I know I may not win alot or any money but I deserve the chance. And in this economy a little money feels like a lot. If you could please have JCP fix this. Problem is now that they waited to long the promtion is over so I cant even use new codes! very upsetting!

Hello, I am writing in regards to the buttons promotion for the holiday season. I have been a card holder of jcp for years . I visited jcp stores throughout the season multiple times and spent a lot of money, and recieved 4 buttons. I have tried for three days to log in and check them but to no avail i was not successful. I know it does not seem like a problem but when i called your customer service line they said it was over and I explained to them that I have been trying to log on for a couple of days and they told me ..”oh well call customer service…” I mean really this is the kind of treatment you receive for being a platinum card holder. I am very upset about this I know it may seem small but when you run a promotion you should really hold up to your rules and regulations as we the customers have to …I appreciate your attention in this matter…

Mary Jane Corsey
Platinum Card Holder

When I first started collecting my buttons for rewards I was told that the buttons rewards ended on 12/31/2012, I took the Cashier words from JC Penneys as a true statement. We were on vacation for 2 weeks visiting our son in Live Oak, Florida. We decide to do a little Christmas shopping in Valdosta, Georgia which is about an hour away from his place. With me being on disability and this thing the holidays I really wasn’t putting the button as first priority since I figured I had time to enter the buttons online. Even though this is a JCPenney promoton I understand it was a third party that was handling this. So after doing Christmas shopping, spending family time family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day opening presents, Christmas dinner with family. Dealing with 1 of our dogs who got sick on December 17th and giving her last of my time, she was called home on the 23rd and we buried her on the 24th. After all these things were said and done and a very large family. I figured today I could relax, since I only had sleep for about 8 hours in a week, I figured I could eal with my bed. Low and behold when I pull my buttons out and read the paperwork I found out that the rewards had expired on 12/24/2012, REALLY, Christmas Eve? I believe this should be extended because I mean it says if we were busy during the holidays and nothing else to do why would anyone end a contest on Christmas Eve, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Being on disability and going through all we went through for the holidays you end a contest on Christmas Eve??? I really believe this contest should be extended until 12/31 For all the people that were busy during the holidays, which is what we should have been doing. Please reconsider this op_rçerely,
Mrs. Sandra Evans

after 2 weeks of entering buttons from shopping at jcpenneys stores, i finally won a $5 gift certificate. after fighting with the access and finally getting email sent back, i printed my certificate today. i will see if honored tomorrow at local store. the clerk claimed great prizes @ 1 in 7 but this was not so. i did get two final buttons on xmas eve, dec 24, and promptly entered online upon return home from store, but these last to buttons i entered, were neither acknowledged as a loser or a winner. no sign of even entering them. now it is too late xmas day.

I would like to say that I am always shopping at Jcpenney. I was going Christmas shopping on Sunday and I was in the shoe section. I was waiting so long in line just to get a certain size! who knows where most of the workers were. The other workers that helped me were busy so I understood them. When I got to the cash register I paid for the shoes I bought and asked for 4 gift boxes. The lady just looked at me as if she did not want to give me 4 and asked me “2 or 3?” . I cannot believe she questioned me after I had told her how many I wanted. She was very unprofessional because as far as I am concerned the customer is always right. The customer service was horrible and the lady at the cashier register was rude. Every time I come to shop here I get good customer service. Who knows what happened that day but I do not think I want to shop here anymore.

give us back the holiday candy bars. they were given during shopping at the door and no headaches. i shopped at jcpenneys and earned my buttons to enter two per day until christmas eve. i found that i was answered only on about half of buttons i entered. my two final entries made on last day allowed, christmas eve, dec.24 were NOT acknowledged at all. i have one button left i could not claim at all cuz it put me past my two per day limit. i heard a cashier explaining how great the buttons were, the great gifts which were being given at about 1 in 7 buttons. i won nothing. not even a lousy pen or something small. n0thing and i entered two per day for a week.

I have been going to the store every day. To buy things and get buttons. I have 5 buttons that said they were already used. When I went to the store they told me that there must be a bad batch. At first you could get buttons then they would hand you one. When you tried to exchange the buttons, you usually recieved new ones that were not good.

Or I was told to send an e-mail to get new button codes. Sometimes you would have to put a new capatcha over and over. It is not easy for me because my eyesight is poor and I have to get surgery soon. It is really frustrating because it cost me in gas. I live 20 miles away and it was not like I stoped on my way.

I went out of my way to to go to the store. It was fun the first or second day to see what you would get. It made you want to do more. But then it was went down hill.Also myself and others liked the store much better before. There is a lot of wasted space. It’s just frustrating the way it is set up. I liked it much better before.

I have 5 buttons that say, button code already used. It was the first time I tried to put them in. 5nqe2g5 rhget2x mbh4agx g33wsrc gxh5epq I wonder if Jcpenney bit off more then they could chew, and started pulling the buttons that were big winners. How many folks out there have the same complaint as mine. Maybe they didn’t have as many shoppers as they anticipated, and they were going in the negative, With this button promotion. Think about it.

While shopping for holiday items at JCP..Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie my cashier was very generous and polite
to the two customers before me I was glad to see she was in a good mood because I was wanting to sign up for a jcp card or at least enquire about it..I remember her asking the lady in front of me to fill out some survey and she told the consumer her name and handed her her receipt..I approached the same cashier and her happy demeanor was gone..she had know smile know hello..she wrong my items without saying a word then as I held my hand out for a receipt and change she laid them both on the counter and quickly said next customer…myself and kids were the only black Americans in the line…BBB

I like JCP and was enjoying their Christmas buttons promotion, until I started finding that a large number (over 30!) with non-working codes! Having such a high number of invalid codes seems higher than one person would have at random. I’m wondering if there was an issue with the printer they used to create the stickers that with the code printed on them (on the back of the buttons) or something else that would generate such a high number of invalid codes. I notified JCP of the problem and they emailed me two new codes (in exchange for the 30 “bad” ones), but no explanation for the excessive number of invalid codes.

I have tryed to do what they said to do, go to the web sit and enter the code words numbers or letters to see if you win. it aways says I didnt out enough in my code which I did have 6 buttons from them cause I did my main shopping ay J.C. Penneys. Call the customer help line that was a joke she took all my buttons and told me to look for an email telling me what I have won or not. never happen. Been a customer rep so I know how to treat persons on the phone if you say what u tell them then do it. Thank You Terr Cecil

Like most of the complaints already registered, I too had the same problems. Invalid captcha, This button has already been used, Unable at times to make out the two words. Frustrating when I have to start completely over. At almost 74 yrs. old & working all this on the computer is quite unbearable. Did you decide that to many people were winning and this was the way to cut us off? I have always loved to shop at JCPenney especially the Home Store. I may have to find another very soon.

I purchased a curio cabinet on 11/30/2012, i received the cabinet and needed a replacement large back mirror. i called the 1800 number on 12/4/2012 and spoke with a gentleman who said no problem one will be shipped. i waited a few days and called back to check tracking. this is where the problem began, i was first told that, what the guy said was not true they do not send replacement parts. i was told they usually do a return and you can order another one. however i was told i had to wait for customer relations to return my call within 24-72 hours. this call never happened. the supervisor i spoke with also told me he would call daily to keep my updated, which he did not. so i called back only to be told they were shipping another one. i was upset that i was going to have to rebuild this again but i was able to deal with that. i then sometime throughout the day called my bank and realized my bank was changed 397.50. this was done without my approval. i never received a phone call back from customer relations explaining this was the only option. they also said that someone who i thought was a jc pennys rep would come to pick the old one up and delivery the new the same day. well that was not true it was UPS man who showed up not even an hour after i talked to them and did not have the new one. which they could take because it was all together except for the mirror, which i told the Representative this. the last lady which she said she was a supervisor was the only helpful one. the lady that processed the order from customer relations was on a call so she could not speak to me. so she said i could return the old one to my local store and the credited my account 106.00 for all the trouble. well today which is 12/15/2012 i went to use my debit card and it was declined because there was a security hold on my account because of all the transitions they thought it was fraudulent. i have never experienced such havoc in returning an item that i did not even want to return, i wanted a replacement part. the lady that charged my account without my approval was out of line. she should not have been able to to do that oh and while speaking with the supervisor she put me on hold and came back on the line and ask me if i had a husband,the customer relations lady said she spoke with a male. while i have been in a same sex relationship for 3 years so good cop-out but did not work.

I was at the JC Penney store #0130 (Oakdale Mall in Johnson City) on Sunday, December 16, 2012. I am a frequent visitor to JC Penneys and have a JC Penneys credit card. I came to return 4 items and purchased another. The cashier was very rude and snotty to me. I don’t expect to be treated this way by anyone especially somewhere that I am patronizing. I am undergoing chemo for Stage 3 breast cancer and have a tough time dealing with things as it is but to come to the store and purchase something and have this cashier treat me like garbage is more than I can handle. While she was processing my return she had a very bad attitude and snapped to give her my credit card, which I was in the process of getting. Once she finished the transaction she handed me my bag, I asked for a box and she acted like this was a big deal and informed me there was only once size in a very unprofessional manner. I then asked for one of the holiday pins, she made a grunt and reached in and threw two pins on the counter. I said to her she really needed an attitude adjustment. As I was walking out of the store, I decided to speak to a manager and the manager said she would talk to her. I am very disappointed in the service I received and wondering if I will be going back to JC Penney again. Store: 0130 Term: 093 Tran: 1851 Date: 12/16/12 Time: 10:53 am Assoc: 0733.

Lost my card. My fault – no one else to blame. Requested a new card. Notified old account will be closed and new card account number issued and the balance transferred to the new card. Had mailed in a payment previously to losing card. Was told by two different representatives that the payment would be applied against the cancelled card, creating a credit balance which would then be refunded to me. They would not apply the payment to the new card. However, the transferred balance on the new card would accumulate late fees and services charges. What nonsense. In this day when some many are defaulting on everything, I am trying to pay my bill in full and yet, because of the transfer of balances, my payment would not be applied to the new account but the old account. This is the only department store card I have but due to this circumstances, it will be my last one.

I placed an on-line order on 11/23/2012. The reason I ordered on line is so that I did not have to go to a mall/store. I just looked on line to see where my order is and it says some items went to Lakeside S/C, one item shipped via UPS on 11/28/2012, and the rest of the order was cancelled. First of all, I requested all items be shipped to my home. I called customer service this morning to tell them to cancel the entire order. I did not receive anything in the mail. I have not been notified about items going to a store and I have not been notified about items being cancelled. Customer service told me today that if I want to cancel the order, I need to call the store. They also told me the one item that shipped on 11/28/12 should be to my home any time now. I again told her to cancel the entire order and she said that she cannot. I justed called Lakeside at 586-247-1710 and was told by the woman that answered the phone, she was busy with customers and I had to hold and she would look up my order to see if it was there in their store. After 4 minutes, I hung up. I too am a customer and again want to cancel this order. I cannot get a hold of anyone that can or is not too busy to do this. My order number is: 2012-3285-8019-7736. My call back number if needed is 586-206-9092. This is the first time I have ever experience a problem with them but cannot believe the customer service I received by the 800 number as well as the store. Unbelieveable…

I am a big fan of JC Penney, I always have been. I really like the fair and square campain and the store changes.I think however that the button game is the worst run contest I have ever seen. You need a magnifying glass to read the codes and the website is about the least user friendly site on the internet. Its like you dont want people to check the codes. You want them to think they have a chance, but for me, I give up every time. Did you do any market research on this idea before you launched it? I hope you havent pinned your hopes of holiday success on this lame game.

I received 15 buttons at various times of purchase only to enter them into the site which stated “Sorry, this button has been used.” All of the buttons came from the River Oaks store in Calumet City, IL. Why would they have buttons that were already used? Were they used by the employees and put back into the boxes? It is hard for me to fanthome that they would send used buttons to the stores. I am very disappointed that I did not have an opportunity to play those buttons with the possibility of getting a prize.
Millicent

I went to your store in the Ocean County Mall, Toms River N.J. I placed an order for 4 panel drapes with your sales cleck. They were confirmed in stock and would be delivered to my home. I just received a call on 12/21 stating that only one panel was shipped and the other 3 panels were not available. How rediculous to send one panel and not the others. They should have called me prior to shipping the one. I cancelled the entire order. I better not see a charge on my account for the drapes!

I have been a faithful Jcpenney consumer for countless years. This holiday season I was excited at the prospect of being awarded for my loyalty, through your “Jcpenney button campaign.” To my dismay, when I returned home to enter the codes from my (3) buttons, the system repeatedly told me that the button codes had already been utilized. I have tried numerous times to re enter the code, and double check the sequences, but to no avail. I am writing to you in good faith hoping that the company in which I have treated so well over the years, can now do the same for me. I request that I am awarded 3 (three) new buttons, or button sequences, in exchange for the 3 (three) inactive button combinations that were given to me by Jcpenney.

I have always loved the Penney’s Sore and catalog. The first thing to absolutely turn me off was the catalog and advertising. Talking with other people, they also do not like the advertising. The second thing was your quality of merchandise. I ordered two pair of slacks and neither of them were of a nice quality.

You used to carry Cabin Creek. and another brand of knit pants that were of a beautiful quality to wear for comfort around the house. Your styles are way out. I can no longer go on-line and expect to find anything worthwhile in any of your departments any more.

I used to love browsing your catalogs and that is not worth a penny to me any longer. What happened? Everyone I speak with pretty much has the same thing to.say.. Sorry. I do not like being so critical but I miss the old JC Penneys catalog and do not even give the new JCP a thought any more.

I have been a life long customer of JCPenney until today. From first moment entering store to a deserted looking store at your Rockland, Maine location. I felt negative vibes. The manager walked over with no obvious customer service skills & no personality or greeting when I presented an item for return without receipt. She didn’t recognize brand of dress and suggested I take I to Walmart, even though both myself and daughter are certain it was right off their clearance rack.

Even after pointing to pearl sweater on wall display of which I bought to match dress she insisted I was mistaken.She even doubted I received text yesterday which I have saved on my phone, and said the company does not promote or offer coupons any more. When I tried to explain that I didn’t appreciate her tone in front of my daughter, who was visibly shaken, she ordered me out of store. I turned to leave without even a purchase. This store needs a training class in etiquette sadly. Please bring back the more friendly veteran staff.

We had a great experience with the 3 friendly dressing room. The nice gentleman chuckled at dress and said it wasn’t a Walmart brand. I will get copy off my JC credit card bill through customer service. I think Ellen Degeneres represents high standards that this location obviously hasn’t a clue about.

Yesterday March 7the 2012, I went to JC Penny to have my hair cut. I made an appointment thee day before. I arrived on time. I was not greeted, There was No One at thee front desk. I waited, for about 10 minutes. Finally some one came in. I said Hello I have an appointment withe Terrie, stated my name. Terrie was finishing up some one else.

She came out, Terrie, and Said come on sweetie, and started to walk towards thee shampoo sinks.I would have expected to sit first, put my purse down, say hello, have her ask me what I wanted done today, NOPE none of that. I didn’t follow her I looked for a spot to put my purse, so I wouldn’t have to carry it to thee sink! Terrie’s space was a MESS, I had to place it on a stool.

I had a shampoo, that lasted about 2 minutes if that, barely time to lather, NOT RELAXING! I was given a towel draped across my head, water dripping down my forehead, in my ears! What thee hell is this. I wiped myself as I walked to thee chair! No happy already.

There was a women sitting under a dryer I guess it was right behind me. She was obviously waiting for my chair. She and Terrie, talked non stop! What about my time?????? Terrie was combing and parting my hair on thee side to begin cutting. I don’t part my hair on thee side! Then she starts cutting I said just a trim, I want to keep it Long. She said I know!

She’s cutting away, chatting withe thee other women! She says to me ,”don’t you Love the way I don’t take too much off.” I said ya I do.
WELL, I think she got so carried away withe talking to this other women she cut and cut and cut! What thee hell! Then she never even asked me ,do you want it flat Ironed, curly? Nothing she just starts drying it, curling it withe a brush, and spraying some new product on it. She said “THEY” wanted me to try this ~ so I trying it on you~ humph ~ really, well it smells good I say. She couldn’t smell it.

I’m done in about 15 min flat! Cape come off she Say’s thanks! OH MY GOD! I was flabbergasted! I didn’t know what to say. I Looked at my now short hair, and wanted to scream. I am not the sort of person who would do that.. I could Kick myself for paying, and giving a tip. I am so mad at me! Why was I put in this position of wanting to say something but couldn’t. I hate that I left this salon NOT feeling relaxed, not feeling

Pampered, feeling ignored, like just another body in thee chair! This Terrie needs a tune up for sure. I so want my Money back! I am so upset. What happen to this service that I had was less than mediocre! What can I do? How can I make myself clear, I do not want to ever go back there. SO DISAPPOINTED IN Cape Coral !

my wife and I are canadians we used jcp to do a lot of fixtures in our place, we went to jcp to buy a few items, salelady asked id f we joined jcp we would get a 15% discount, which was very nice of her, we told her we would like to pay even though we did infact join, all was well till we took an item back, we bought another item, well low and behold if the lady did not but the amount on my visa, but instead added it to my new account at jcp, as I am Canadian.

I have no way to get the bill,as I gave her my address in Canadaa few days ago a salesrep called my cell number and was very rude a in anymeans disrespectful as I was a customer of good standings, or so I thought, I tried to explain, but to no avail he in so many words said if I did not make a payment I would lose my credit rating, not a nice person, poor rep, my shopping days at jcp are over and also my friends will hear about this, people do not hear what people say to bad I liked the stores they were will cleaned and have good product, cancelled my card, looking around for new place to shop.

Even though it saddens me to see a major company choose a gay celeberity to promote business at a “family oriented” department store, my real concern is a human being who is directly living against the will of God. I will be praying for her that she might come to know the Lord, repent and accept His will for her life. My heart goes out to anyone who will be eternally separated from God. Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination” (Leviticus 18:22).

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them” (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God’s viewpoint nor depart from it. The Bible has much to say about sex sins in general.

Not a fan of the “new” jcpenney. Been shopping there for more than 20 years and more frequently in the past six years, but probably not much longer. company’s decisions at onset seem to no longer coincide with my needs. I was in the store a few days ago when they were rolling out this “new” campaign and asked what I thought of the new look of the store. Quite frankly, when i buy something, i don’t care how wide or colorful the aisles were where I purchased the item, I CARE about the price I pay for it. Smoke and mirrors will not win my consumer dollars.

I checked prices in January knowing this was coming and already prices for things I shop are between $5 and $10 more on average. rounding the prices isn’t easier for the consumer like the company wants people to think, it’s a way to get more money in the retailer’s pocket. I’m sorry, but something marked $6.97 is cheaper than $7, it just is. I often buy several items at that price and although I round up when totaling my prospective purchase before reaching counter, it’s a pleasing thought when the actual price is less than you planned. the company is not going to reinvent the wheel on this one. As for the coupons, I am a bargain shopper, I may “keep my eye” on an item I like, waiting for it to come within a range I feel is worthy of purchase.

I do this because of my budget and because I decide early on what I am willing to pay for something. Penney is often priced higher than other stores from the get-go and in most recent years, the quality of its product lines have gone down, it is the coupons that make me go there instead of Boscov, bon ton, macy or kohls. they didn’t place restrictions on use often, so it was more suited to my needs when i need it. i also did not like commercial, as far as first impressions go, that was a poor start for this campaign, i didn’t even realize it was penneys commercial until a few days later, i just muted when i heard the screaming.

The new CEO from Apple maybe is used to products flying off the shelf when they are introduced at whatever price, I assure that does not happen with this industry. I suspect a disconnect with the consumer demographic. Finally, Ellen, although I like her show, she’s funny and seems kind-hearted, she is completely commercially over-saturated to me. Was she first choice? I find it curious that she was penney’s choice when she already promotes Cover Girl (how will this work with Sephora partnership unless they are changing that?) and prefers to dress more like a man. How will that sell women’s clothing?

Did she even shop there before this partnership? I doubt it was her go-to store. Penney’s was mine, but with these changes, I’m not sure. I will continue to bargain shop for what I need when I need it. That may not be at Penney’s anymore.

I see you have replaced the obnoxious “ screaming woman” ad with the joke ads.  We now have a “ transparent magic show”, and a “dog jumps through hoops”, with no call to action.  Why should I shop at JCP instead of Sears or Macey’s.  Believe it or not, a lot of people do not know what a box with JCP above it means.  In today’s economy, it’s a tough time to change your logo. I’ll bet some creative director thinks this would draw crowds rushing the doors anchious to buy your products.  You don’t have to invent the wheel, only improve upon it.

Your ads remind me of the infamous “where’s the beef” ad for Wendy’s.  The agency won a Cleo for it but lost the account.  30% of the people thought Burger King had produced it.  The same thing happen to Alka Seltzer.  It’s much easier to turn off people than to turn them on.  People will remember a bad experience four times longer than a positive one.  Your commercials have the same earmarks as the Wendy’s commercials.  I hope the agency wins a Cleo.

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?