J.C. Penney Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

357+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call J.C. Penney corporate:

As an JCPenney international customer, I have been visiting Florida for the last 10 years, and have shopped in your stores multiple times during each of these trips. I have never felt the need to complain to a store before, but the incompetence and rudeness of your staff has left me so angry that I now feel the need to express it somewhere.

My first poor experience of JCPenney this holiday was before Christmas when I attended your Davenport store to take advantage of your JCP Cash offer, whereby a $10 coupon can be used on purchases of over $50. Upon entering the store with my mother, customers were being handed several of the aforementioned (photocopied) coupons by a staff member. To save time (so we didn't have to join the line to get some), we grabbed one from the pile and continued into the store. Additionally, while browsing I noticed several sales associates gathering these used JCPenney coupons from behind the various checkout points, and then handing these out to new customers.

Since your staff were giving out multiple coupons to each customer, one would assume that each customer is permitted to use more than one coupon. Apparently not. During a similar sales event the week before this incident I had printed off a couple of these coupons from your website, unaware of the fact they were freely given out in store. In fact, when I got to the checkout on this occasion I was told not to even bother printing off the coupons since they rarely scanned. I was advised that the staff always kept "master" copies of these JCPenney coupons at the checkout anyway. So, with this in mind, I am waiting in a long line to pay for my purchases. I end up waiting for 11 minutes (only two checkout points in the store were open, despite this being a "massive sales event") before we are greeted by a sales associate.

My mother gave the gentleman her $75 purchase and it is processed and paid for using the coupon. I then present my $60 worth of merchandise and state my wish to utilise the coupon (I felt the need to specify this, because after witnessing an argument between customers and your staff before I realised that unlike other stores, namely Macys, apparently JCPenney doesn't scan coupons that are being given out freely within your store unless the customer specifically requests that they do).

The sales associate tells me he can't, because it's already been used. I question this, explaining that I've seen other members of staff restocking the coupon pile from the used ones behind the till. He is persistent that he can't, and he tells me I must walk the 20 feet to go and get a "new" (i.e. previously been used by another customer and put back onto the "new" pile) photocopied voucher. Feeling slightly cross but not wanting an argument, I walk like to the associate giving out coupons at the front of the store. He gives me 3.

I return to the checkout and my payment is processed. Wonderful, one down and one more to go. I place the next $60 lot of merchandise on the checkout, this time feeling secretly smug that I already have my next coupon ready and waiting. However, now your sales associate tells me he can't process the transaction because I've already used the offer once. I question the sense of this when the employee at the front of the JCPenney store is giving multiple coupons to each customer anyway. I ask him what's stopping me from just paying elsewhere in the store. He, perhaps not surprisingly, has no answer. Now furious, I make my way to the other line (remember, still only two checkout points open) and wait again, this time for 8 minutes. I complete my payment and leave the store.

My second poor experience of your store actually occurs on several occasions and actually occurred in three of your stores. It is based on the complete inability of any of your sales associates (or at least the ones I have had the misfortune to deal with) to effectively deal with a traveller's cheque. When in England, we are encouraged to use traveller's cheques as a means of payment rather than cash for security reasons. I have never had a problem paying with a traveller's cheque in any other store (I have successfully used them in Macys, Wal-Mart, Sears, Dillards, Bath and Body Works to name a few) in the 7 weeks I have been here.

Yet in your stores in Davenport, the Florida Mall and Estero, Florida I have had problems. On one occasion two female employees stood behind the counter discussing why they thought the $100 cheque could be fake while waiting for a manager to come down. I found this particularly insulting, and felt the need upon this occasion to endure another 10 painful minutes in your store waiting to speak to the store manager.

He was very apologetic, repeatedly informing me that he didn't want to lose my custom. Clearly that's all customers are to you.. money. The other two occasions involving traveller's cheques involved me being asked to wait to one side while the sales associate continued to serve other people. After waiting for at least 5 minutes, a manager turned up to press a button on the till thus allowing the payment to be processed (why this couldn't have been communicated over the telephone, I have no idea).

The only time I was ever offered an apology was when the manager was called down, and like I mentioned earlier, he was only sorry "to lose our custom." The thing is with traveller's cheques, if I were in a store that wasn't the tourist capital of America I might be able to understand the lack of staff training, but in Orlando. Really?! I felt so angry after this that I even did one of your customer surveys advertised on the back of your receipts - I couldn't even fully express my anger there due to a word limit. How funny, you want customer feedback but only 1000 words of it.

My third JCPenney complaint and perhaps the worst occurred today and it left me so incensed I felt the need to write this message. I was in your Davenport store today (16th January 2012 between 20.35 and 21.00), once again with my mother, to purchase some cosmetics. After spending 20 minutes deciding on the purchase, we continued to the Sephora check out where a young lady served us. I swiped my credit card (MasterCard) and signed the little screen. The associate then asks me if my name is "Jenifer" to which I answer yes.

She then asks for photo identification. Confused, I tell her that I have shopped with my credit card for 7 weeks in this country and have not once been asked for ID in either JCPenney or any other store. She insists she must see it, explaining the computer is asking for it. I tell her I don't have any (I don't have a driving license and I leave my passport safely locked up in my accommodation - as I am advised to do when travelling), all I have are other bank cards and credit cards. She calls over a manager. The manager turns up after a few minutes later and tells me she will on this occasion accept another card with a signature on it. I once again ask why they need further identification when they never have before, apparently the manager tells me it's store policy and on every other occasion that I've used the card the sales associate has been breaking store policy.

I have travelled the world, and in every other country (and apparently in every other store in Florida) I have visited, when you use a credit card, the signature on the back of the card is compared to the one you provide at the checkout - the transaction is then approved by the sales associate if the signatures match. Your staff didn't even want to see the back of my card. Getting angry at the lack of explanation by your staff (hiding behind the "it's company policy" excuse is not a valid explanation - WHY is it company policy?) and the rudeness of the manager, I refuse to provide another card with a signature.

The manager leaves without apologising or anything. Dumbfounded, I ask the cashier what is happening and she tells me she can't proceed with the transaction. She tells us she has rejected the transaction on the screen so it shouldn't go through, but doesn't provide any evidence of this (in England if something like this happens, you are always given a "void slip").

Though I realize it may not be jcp or any of the employees, I bought a CHI flat iron from the salon. Got it home, the next morining went to get ready for church and it didnt work. I took it back and exchanged it for another one. It work approximately a week, and have an important meeting today, dressed up, went to do my hair...and now the 2nd on also does not work.

I live 30 minutes away from Carbondale, IL, where the nearest jcp is. So for the 2nd time within 2 weeks, I have to return a $90 flat iron (luckily it was on sale for $90). I am very frustrated about this! You could maybe expect this from a no name store or a no name brand...but sad a CHI from JCP!!!

I have been a JCP customer for almost 30 years and have always been satisfied with the service. It has been one company I have always trusted and could rely on. However, this past xmas I was very dissappointed. I ordered a necklace in November and after not receiving it for 2 weeks I called and was told it would not even be shipped until the 14th of Dec. but I would recieve it by xmas.

I believed this to be true. Late on December 21st I received an email saying that the necklace was no longer available. This left me without a gift that I was relying on and with no days left for me to shop with my schedule. (I live 45 min. from any jewelry store) I also had a inconvenient situation in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. When I made a purchase I was told that they were trying a new way to place purchases on the card.

It did not work to give me a receipt and I was told to wait for the manager to figure it out. After 10 minutes and the manager not showing up I just requested my money back and return the item. She couldn't even get that to work. Though I was running late to leave the mall, I was told to go shop and come back later for the receipt. Help me to trust your company again. Tracy

I used my 10 dollar rewards for spending over 100 dollars on two items, even though I originally intended to only purchase one item, a shirt. The second item, some shoes for my son were too small and the store did not have half sizes, so I asked for a refund, but Steve, the very slow sales person that took over 8 minutes to ring up a shoe sale ( 3 minutes was spent on removing stickers and placing the shoes in a bag) told me that because I used my rewards coupon, I would only get back 13.33 for the twenty dollar shoes. Had I not had a receipt I would have received the full 20 dollars I paid for them and IF I had purchase them separately from the shirt I would have received my $20, BUt COmpany policy says that when using a coupon, the discount gets prorated to the number of items purchased. AND this makes no sense. I get 13.33 back and you get to resale them for $20, or after the sale for $30. He got his supervisor and she told me the same lame policy and I had to leave mad and upset. I was told the only way to have a full refund is to return both the shirt and the shoes, which is a 45 minute roundtrip and another 3 dollars in gas in order to get my full refund. I also called to complain, put she was just as adamant about corporate policy. I am left with no choice but to make my own policy , which is to cancel my jcpenny card and never support you business again. I have also worked in retail for over twenty years for a variety off retail establishments, all corporate policies can be overridden especially when they do not make sense.

I was not going to send anything in, but wanted to let someone know that we have been receiving button that have already been used. It's not just 1 location. I stop daily depending on where I am working to get my buttons and I at 1st thought it was my error that I had a button in my pocket that I already used, but so far I have come across +6 buttons that someone has already entered.

My daughter has had about 5 and she does not get daily buttons so she is worse off than me. I do not know if it is the cashiers or maybe when some people are entering them they are entered incorrectly, but this seems to be happening more often now we are winding down. I should of keep them separated, but didnt think much about it until I mentioned it to a co-worker and they said they got one in DuBois,

Pa today that also was used. This will make 4 from DuBois between my daughter and I that have been used.

I have tried, tried, tried in vain to enter the bogus 'BUTTON CAMPAIGN' only to be so frustrated that I want to do something evil to the JCP people who are responsible. This whole absolutely awful experience has put me off JCP entirely. Shame, shame, shame on them! I tried to call them only to be told "I don't work in that department.

I don't know anything about it" by some idiot woman. I intend to make sure they lose money on this great deal. I now consider them just another rip-off store who I hold in absolute contempt. Now I tried to submit this complaint and cannot because of an "invalid recaptcha" which is one of the original complaints! The ultimate in crass disrespect to customers!

Me and my familty have been collecting the buttons for the past few weeks and I now have 14 buttons that keep telling me: Sorry. Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7-digit code and try again. What am I suppose to do with these buttons to see if I won anything.

On Thursday Dec. 13 in enter 2 buttons one said I had a 5 dollar certificate the other said I had a 10 doksh kllar certificate. I did every thing it told me to do I hit the red button to claim my prize, but I have yet to receive my e-mail saying my certificate is ready.

Sirs: Have received two "you have won" notices. Both times I have filled out all of the forms and followed the information.

I have supposedly won $5.oo gift certificate twice. First date 12/16 second one12/17. I have received NO follow up from the game people. How about a little help here? Hope to hear from you soon. Time is running out according to your rules of the game.

Dear JC Penny, I will not shop at your store ever again. The sign on the table said $15 for t-shirts so I bought one and it was 22 dollars when I saked about it they said it was another shirt, but there was no other shirts there, Everything on the table was 22 dollars with a pair of jeans for 35 nothing was 15 dollars. The sign is large enought to bring your attebtion to it so you see and think all is 15 dollars very very misleading. Ever since you changed your store I have hated to shop there. So this will be the last time. And I will let my friends also know about your store. Your employees were very rude also. I was at the store in St Claire Mall in Fairview Heights IL. Thank you

I was followed through the Mt. Shasta Mall after accidentally leaving the store with a clearance baby shirt hanging on a hanger from the stroller which had my 10 month old son in it. The Loss Prevention woman from JCP grabbed my arm and spun me around while I was in line at Radio Shack (also in ther mall). I was embarrassed and completely cooperative and she held my elbow as I was pushing my stroller and escorted me back to the store. She said I had better tell her everything that happened and not to lie because she had it on tape. Clearly if she actually watched it she would see it was only an oversite on my part.

She said I was under citizens arrest and that I wouldnt go to jail if I have a clean record for theft. Then she poured hand snitizer all over her arms becase she touched the psoriasis on my arms when grabbing and escorting me. She asked if I was going to spread it, I was mortified. I asked for a copy of the tape in which they "caught me purposefully shoplifting" and they refused. In addition I havnt even been convicted yet and I'm getting threatening calls/letters from a lawyers office for a bill. I would like a response to my complint how you plan to handle this, I feel like I was mis-treated and manipulated.

I just received a call from a lady stating that she was calling from JCPenney. She asked if our student's wore uniforms. I answered yes. She then proceeded to ask for colors. I explained that we are under contract with another company and were not interested.

She then told me that if I didn't tell her, that JCPenney would continue to call me until I answered their questions. I again said we are not interested and if that was the case, my answer would be NO when asked if we wore uniforms. She then yelled at me and told me that "I" am the reason that schools are struggling. She then hung up on me. I do not appreciate this and this does not make me want to do business with JCPenney at all!

Got a letter last month from JCP saying they were slashing my credit to "$100" (after two years of having this account, and being upgraded unsolicited to gold) "after careful analysis of my credit history". I never missed a payment and was very careful. This was insulting. I paid it off and closed the account. Is this is how you treat working Americans?

I have two buttons and every time I enter the code it says that something has gone wrong re-enter the code number and try again or invalid capcha code. I have been trying to enter these 2 codes for 2 days. I`m totally bummed!

On 11/23/2012 I shop at Jc Penneys and spent $212.00. I was giving two buttons with codes #tbgnd2m and #kig34ad, which I submitted and won a gift certificate for $5.00, which I never recieved.

I shoped at penneys again on 12/14/2012 and spent $59.36 and was giving two more buttons with the codes #xh3hjxk and #q3tpbxy, I never recieved the first gift as promised, how do I know if I will recieve the second gift?

I have recieve two buttons from the store located at the Westroads in Omaha, NE. I had problems trying to get the buttons to work. I enter one of the buttons and the respond was. The buttons had been used. Another respond was the code was not correct and diffferent codes kept coming up.

I enter two butttons prior to this case but did not recevie anything from my e-mail telling if I won or try again. The very first time I tried the buttons I had no problems but just recently I have had alot of problems with this promtion recently.

This complaint is for the hair salon in Hazard Ky. On two seperate occasions I have been treated absolutely awful by the same woman. I made an appointment during the free hair cut special for my 3 children. I patiently waited over an hour and was then told that it would be another hour because the paying customers come first. She was so rude and humiliated me in front of alot of people. I left without saying anything and just decided to let it go.

I went back in there today and when I walked in the same woman and another employee were sitting in the chairs. I told them I needed three haircuts and once again this woman treated me horrible. She rolled her eyes and acted like I shouldn't be there. She then went up to the counter and said I hope you know that haircuts for children have gone up to 14.oo.

She didn't want to cut their hair so she was hoping I wouldn't want to pay that much. I do not know this woman personally so I know she can't have anything against me. I can't understand how Jc Penny can allow an employee to treat their customers with such disrespect. I've asked around and found out her name is Vanessa Baker. I will never be back there again.

So is it unreasonable to think that I should be able to walk through JCPenney without almost getting knocked out by low signage? This happened to me and I was so mad that I asked to speak with a manager . After explaining what happened, that I was simiply walking through the women's dress department and I was looking at the merchandise and got whacked on the head with a sign that was hanging from the ceiling, I felt I my concerns were disregarded by the manager. I was told that the manufacturer of that particular line of clothing has strict guidelines as to how high the sign can be. REALLY? Evidently it is more important to follow the manaufacturers instructions that be concerned about customer's well being and safety. I asked her if it was worth someone getting hurt. All she told me is that she would inquire about it but didn't offer to raise the sign. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. I didn't mention it the last time but this time I was angry. The manager looked at me like I was freakishly tall. I am just under 6' tall but that shouldn't matter. To top it off, the manager didn't even apologize. I felt I was blown off. Guess I won't be shopping there anymore. It just isn't safe for me and my family since we are all tall. I'll spread the word that JCPenney doesn't care about their customer's safety. I still have a lump on my head!

I brought my 13 year old daughter into JCPenneys to get a hair cut ($22) signed her in and told the lady at the desk that I wanted a HAIRCUT for my daughter. After waiting quite some time with no customers the same lady that met us at the front desk started cutting my daughters hair. The lady did quite a wonderful job of cutting very little hair from my childs head, then blow drying and styling it without asking my permission. She then added $10 to final charge for the service I did not request nor did we need. It was quite obvious the lady was upset and very quickly called in "somebody" else that worked for JCPenneys.

So enters this new lady, we both quickly explained our sides, me stating that I asked for a hair cut, the lady working there stating that I shouldn't leave without paying for services rendered. Now, as far as I understand, a 13 year old cannot create a leagally binding contract in the United States of America no matter who, what, when, were, or why, but the lady cutting my daughters hair seemed to think different, as she stated that when she takes her 4 year old son to get his hair cut that what he says goes....At this point I am getting more upset and embarrased over the fact that I am having to argue over this. After stating our points, me and the beautition, to the third JCPenney party, the result was, "I don't know what to".

Since the third party did not help at all, I asked if there was somebody higher we can talk to. I was refusing to let this go, as I believe in America that a 13 year old cannot concent to a leagally binding agreement, but the the beautition refused to let us leave unless she rewashed my daughters hair, removing all of her talented glory, thus negating the $10 difference of her blowdrying expertice, surely further damaging my daughters hair and costing the store more money in product, and both of us in time. I am severly upset and will NEVER EVER EVER shop JCPenneys again, and will SURELY spread the word of my bad experience.

I have been to JCP several times this holiday season and like everyone else in my family have been entering the buttons everyday....i have gotten several buttons that the 7-digit code came back invalid and a couple of buttons had two "china" stickers on them.

I went to JCP last night to try and trade them in and would only give one button with purchase....tried to explain that i have made purchases, that's how i got the buttons in the first place, only wanted to trade them in for valid codes!! I am very disappointed in how i was treated and that so many buttons had invalid codes!! How is JCP going to rectify this situation??

I entered your button code, and I got the message that my button had already been used. While I am not a frequent shopper, I do spend a good portion of my Christmas budget in JCP.

I had just went to the store, to pick up a few buttons after I was told about all of the great prizes being given out. First of all my mother nearly got yelled at, by a boy who refused to give her a button because she did not make a purchase, to the point where she wouldn't go to the same register to pay for items trying to avoid this boy.

Also I received two button, a friend of mine received two, and my mother received two. When we arrived home to check them one of the codes was already in use and the others said that the code was invalid. After this I looked up a few reviews on the program with similar problems.

I was wondering if there were in working codes, we could possibly went sent? After all we drove about 45 minutes out of the way and waited in a line only to receive poor service (not from everyone mind you, just one boy) and malfunctioning buttons. I have never been disappointed with JCPenny's until now.

I have been playing JCP holiday button game and have won several times. I have received most of the certificates that I have won but three of them, won on 11/26 and 11/27. I emailed the contact provided on the site several times in several reworded ways but get the same generic email to check my spam and that the emails might be coming in slow due to the provider you have.

They are not in my spam and I have received every other message from them before and after. I then called JCP and got an email address to contact, it did not work. Next I emailed the contact address from the JCP site and have not gotten any reply or acknowledgement . Very frustrating .

When I buy at JC Penny they told me that every button they give always have a gift. When I went to chistmas button code it said that my button is not the luck winner. I feel cheated. If they said for the people to keep buying that is not the way to do it. I am very disapointed.

Your JCPenney store sales practices are not cost effective and take cosumer's time for granted. You store no longer has weekly or monthly advertised sales, so customers are expected to visit the store and hope to stumble on a sale of items they might need. You do however, send picture magazines depicting items that can be seen at the store or internet. This week I recieved two magazines. Each was presented differently, but contained the same items. This is redundant, a poor use of advertisemnt investment, and not ecologically friendly. I would have benefited more from one flyer adverstising a JCPenney sale I might have been interested in. Your stores have signs advertising price ranges such as "10.00 and up" However, her is seldom anything at the lower price. So, customers are foreced to spend time looking through racks. This is not customer friendly to older clients who can't stand for long periods of time. It also keeps non buyers in your store. Gas is expensive and time is valuable. Our economy is in crisis. Who's dome idea is it not to advertise sales? Is this your idea of accomodating clients? It seems to me that advertisement has always been JCP's down fall. Two yrs. ago you over advertised with expensive commercials and flyers. Now you misalocate advertismnt money by producing magazines that depict merchandise and never notify clients of sales. I learned that when you have advertised sales like the one on JCPenney black friday, many if not most advertised items were not available. You need new managment.

For one Christmas button I entered on line, your msg said that it was a winner and I must claim it in 48 hrs. It said nothing else. I phoned the store that gave me the button and No One had a clue as to what I might do to claim my winning prize. The experience has given me a sour taste in my mouth as to the waste of time I have spent. Also, I need to let u know that you have probably lost a lot of catalog sales due to a lack of work staff taking orders. It took about 15 min. Holding before I got a sales rep. In the past I have never waited like that and will have to reconsider when ordering items thru catalog. You will turn a better profit in hiring enough workers rather than sending out merchandise magazines that are quickly tossed. Also, know people like the idea they are getting a good sale. Your new strategy of reasonable pricing might just backfire. For sure, your christmas button promotion is pretty much a hoax. Please use wisdom and keep your stores in business.

Every salon in the USA opens at 8 o'clock or earlier but now your salon will open at ten what the heck are you thinking. I take my wife and her sister at 8.00 and the salon is busy.This is what a lot of elderly people do go early to everything including doctors, dentist etc.what are people going to do when they have weddings or functions early on Saturdays use your heads your salon is a money maker for you. Please rethink this option before you lose even more customers.Like I said earlier there are a lot of salons that open before 10.00 please let me no who made this bright choice.

Please bring back the old jc penny all departments always bought all housewares yhere it has become horrible Very few places to buy country quilts you always had a great selection at fair prices they have all disappeared. many people have country decorated homes you are missing out,as there are few places to purchase them.. hope to see a big change here. sincerely J.Van Dyke

I purchased 6 pair of pants at J.C. Penney store in the Big Flats N.Y. Mall, the service at the time of sale was outstanding, two sales associates went out of their way to assist me with purchasing and ordering 4 pair of pants that were not in stock. This was on 10/22/12, I was told that the pants would be shipped out by 10/24/12, I did not recieve any shipment to my home but did get a response card in the mail that the pants would be shipped out on 11/1/12. I waited and finally got 2 of the 4 pair of pants, the enclosed invoice then said that the other pants were on back order, I went to the store and asked how long I would have to wait they said they would not be shipped until 11/29/12. I then called customer service on 11/13/12 and stated that I was not happy with the delay in delivery of my pants and asked to have my order cancelled. I have not shopped at J.C. Penny for about 2 years other then on 10/22/12, this was the first time I had been in the store since then, I really like the new set up with smaller stores within a large Department store, however my experience with service after the sale was not good. Waiting 5 or 6 weeks for a delivery is not acceptible. I also did not feel that Customer service at the store or on the phone was helpful and I felt I was just another number.

Matthew J. Leszyk

As a Christian woman, I want to tell you how offended I am over your endorsement of a disgusting skit on SNL last Saturday night. I'm telling my friends and family about this incident, and hopefully they will not shop with you either. God bless you.

I spent just over $250 online during your black Friday sales. I received a called the next day, and was told most of the items I specifcially went to JCP to buy had been back ordered then canceled, and the only solution you could offer me was a coupon. It was upsetting since I could have picked those items up somewhere on black Friday, and I now have to pay full price for them. Even so, I had still gotten some good deals, and just figured I would pick up some last minutes presents somewhere else to replace the canceled items. After almost 2 weeks I decided to see when the rest of my order would arrive. I log onto your website and to my suprise you have canceled even more of my items good deals. I received no phone call and no email, and I'm sure I will receive no other satisfactory solution other than a coupon if I do. I have no adequate words to describe the outrage and annoyance I feel torwards your company right now. I'm not sure what your company could even do to make this all right, but I am sure no one is going to care too much about my complaints for it to even matter. I would have never bought from your company had I known it would be such an inconvience, and after the service I recieved and the aggravation and resentment it has caused me to feel torwards your company I highly doubt I will EVER shop there again.

On or around August 2 2013 about 4:00 pm I was shopping at your mens department at south hill mall in Puyallup wa. As I was walking I stepped on the edging separating your tile from the carpet and my ankle was pushed outward causing a loud pop so much so I could feel it all the way to my head !My ankle now still has a feeling of something (like a torn tendon )slipping back and forth causing discomfort when I walk ( and my daily exercise is out of question ). I have not gone to the doctor as of yet I was hopping it would heel on its own ,but it has not ! I'm going to contact my doctor for an appointment . You should really take a look at your flooring before someone gets an even grater injury ! Thank you Mary Sebastian A

I was at the Jcpenny store (4/12/13) in Aberdeen SD at around 7pm this evening shopping with a male friend who wanted to buy some hello kitty shoes for his niece that he saw in the weekly add. There were two ladies working at the shoe department. One older blond lady and a younger lady with black hair and glasses! After about 10 minutes of searching for the shoes that we never found we finally dicieded to ask one of the two ladies since niether one of them asked if we needed some assistance which I thought was costomary for them to do anyway!

My male friend asked if they had the hello kitty high top shoes that were in the weekly add! The younger lady with black hair and glasses said, "well we're a smaller store so we don't always have everything that is in that add".

Ok, fine so my male friend said that it would be nice if the add only advertise what was in this store! Then the older blond lady inturupted and said "well it says on the bottom that some items are not available at all store locations".

Ok fine so we walked away and when we were in the mens department we could hear the younger lady with black hair and glasses say sarcastically and very loud "well it is not my fault don't be mad at me I don't print the add". Then the older blond lady began to laugh and say "yeah". I thought this was very unprofessional and rude! She did not have to say anything!

My male friend then responded "if you are going to talk about me make sure I'm standing in front of you and not wait until we start walking away! This unpleasant expierence just made us never to return to this Jcpenny again! I do not care if this is the only one in the area! I will shop some where else! Teach your rude employees to not talk about customers when they are walking away!

On Tuesday Sept 27th I placed an jcpenny order (#2011270581551407) and the call service I received was very willing to go well beyond their fundamental call service. Unfortunately I did not get their names but it was approximately 8:30pm Eastern time zone. The first jcpenny person I spoke to stated she would have to have manager call me back...bottom line they were open to helping the customer.

Basic issue was that I wanted a 5piece outdoor furniture set that was at a discounted jcpenny price online it stated it was unavailable but all the individual pieces were available but cost more than the complete set price but after working approximately 1 hour cause that was when I got the return call from the manager they were able to get the set at the cheaper price. They tried-that is the bottom line. After researching I found that local stores had the chairs at even a cheaper price I decided to cancel the order for the tacle set pieces.

But I had also ordered a cover for this set which jcpenny online stated was no longer available but keep in mind it was available the night prior when the order was placed. Nancy and Barb (Barbara) out of Pittsburgh, PA. Stated their was nothing they could do for me to get this cover other they watching the website to see if I could catch when it is put back as available-who has that kind of time.

Bottom line is that they were not open to even trying and now I can not get that cover so I know it may not be much but this is a lost sale and keep in mind that if the topic of jcpenny comes up in conversation with friends and co-workers this lack of a sense to try and help the customer can be discussed. I just hate that I am out of a product that I had less than 24hours ago that I really wanted. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

I had one JCP button that said it was already used and I had 2 $5.00 buttons that were winners and said I'd receive the certificate in 48 hrs. It's been 6 or 7 days and I've gotten nothing. If you ask me which ones they were, I don't know exactly, because I've put them all together, but I did save them. I just don't know the exact codes for those 3 that didn't work.

I've already submitted my complaint, but I just wanted to add one more thing. If you validate my 3 buttons, or whatever you do to make this right, your certificates expire on the Jan. 1st and for people like me who have had a recent problem with your buttons, I feel that you should extend the expiration date.

I would've contacted you sooner about this, but it took me a little while to find out exactly where and who to send the complaint to. Thanks.

I placed an order on Dec 12, 2012. I received an email telling me that my order would be available to be picked up at the JC Penny on Davis Hwy in 4-7 business days. I called 7 business later to make sure it was in fact there, they had no record of the order. They gave me a 1800 to call where the lady I spoke with informed me the item I purchased was on back order.

This is a Christmas gift that would not even be here for Christmas! I never received an email, phone call, nothing letting me know it was on back order...nor did it tell me when I placed the order that this was the case. The ONLY email I received told me I could pick up my order in 4-7 business days!

I think it's ridiculous a courtesy email was not even sent, and the lady I spoke with told me the item was on back order when I ordered it...but that is NOT what it showed online..cleArly I got an email stating I could pick it up at the store in 4-7 days! So now I am left with no gift, and I was not even going to get a phone call?

I will NEVER purchase anything in store or online again...that is NOT how you do business and I will make sure everyone I know realized just how little you value your customers, cause had I not called...I would have showed up to pick a gift up that wasn't even there!

On Oct 13th I went into the eye care center (Concord,NC) for glasses, the person working behind the desk was not very professionel looking as she had very low cut blouse and very unprofessional accessories, once I saw the Lady I had second thoughts immediately but trusting JC Penny's I continued my business, the lady did not appear to want to hear any questions or comments that I had, once I met the Docter, which was a plus in the experience being very neat/clean and professionally dressed, I felt better.

The Customer Service/Desk person never explained that the glasses would be 2 weeks coming back,after not hearing from anyone for 1 and 1 hafe weeks I went back to the optical center , I was greeted by a man that had 3 earrings down both ears, tattoos around both wrist and he explained the glasses should be back within a couple days and I walked away with that in mind , I later called and was told by the first person that answered they were not back, the lady then got on the phone saying the glasses were there but the quality wasn't first class and they were sending the glasses back to the lab because they would not accept anything but first glass quality,which would possibly be another 2 weeks and with the recent storms could be longer.

I have a very hard time seeing after dark and my commute to and from work, once the time rolls back , puts me driving in the dark both to and from work. I , to say the least , have been very disappointed with this experience, I sent my husband to the store to pick my glasses up and my percription, the glasses lenses were not in them anylonger, the lenses that were in them when I dropped them off, I could have used them for my safety as my vision is very blurry in dark and rain.

I am and was very surprised at the choices for professional representation that someone choose to represent your optical department and don't think your business will be helped with this kind of representation. Please know that I have been a loyal customer of Penny's for many years but this really surprised me, If I walked into another business, especially a health care business, with the representation that I saw I would walk away, I didn't in this case because I was in JC Penny's.

I have 4 buttons and inputted them - got the response from 2 of them that the numbers had already been used. The other 2 were accepted and I never received an email telling me whether I won or lost. What a terrible promotion!!! Better to just sent out coupons like the past. In addition, just button signs as holiday decorations in the store were not festive at all. JCP is very disappointing this year.

The numbers are:
tw5b2st
d2fjuyc
e4sfhff
cyh5ezy

On December 19, 2012, I was shopping at JC Penny in gretna Louisiana at the Oakwood Mall. The cashier gave me a total of six buttons at different registers at different times. On Thursday, December 20, 2012 I tried to enter the buttons codes. It said button code had been used . I entered another button code, it said that button code was used also.

I then entered another, and another until all six had been entered. All six button had been used before, I thought this must be reported. Why did the cashiers at Penny Oakwood mall give me used button. I need to call the customer service and report this time of action.

I entered two codes off of my button today & got buttons had been used. I called the 1880 # & they referred me to a website picked the complaint portion as i am really teed off. I've been a customer for ten years or so & never participated in any of these silly promotions just for this reason. the button #'s areubbtanz & gekfdjh. let me know what to do?

I have about 23 buttons that are not working. I have done alot of Christmas shopping just for the fun of trying to win something on this promotion and because Ellen was a part of this. However I an getting invalid code or already been used when I submit the code ##'s. This has been very disappointing and might I say looks like a scam as far as pennys is concerned.

I love shopping at jc penny for I have always been able to find what I want. But to have a promotion that is turning out to be a scam is not cool I have heard this complaint from other customers in the store so I know it just isn't me. Please tell me what I should do with 23 buttons that don't work.

December 2012 button promotion. I used a button certificate that was 5.00$ YES $5.00 I was fired. In almost 7 years of employment I had never been written up or talked to or warned about bad behavior or something I had done, I had a great employee record. I took great pride in my job if I had known I could not use this certificate I wouldn't have messed up 7 years of employment for YES again $5.00 But for $ 5.00 I was fired from JCPENNEY. When I found out employees or family members could not use them, I was told don't worry it was a mistake you have never been in trouble, you have a good work history(I was told this by a manager and security which I am sure is because they also thought the company wouldn't be so harsh. But an assistant supervisor fired me 3 weeks later in the middle of my shift. I am so hurt that JCPENNY could be so horrible. 100's of people were let go for the button promotion so obviously I wasn't the only one who didn't know. Like other company's maybe the sheet that went with the buttons could have said no participation by employees or family members instead of having to search something like that out. Like it was a secret.

I ordered glasses on a promo at JCpennys at my local mall in Kennnewick WA 99336 10-26-2012. When notified of arrival I sent my husband to pick up I was sick that night. I immediately did not like. Both frame and no-line bifocal I was totaly nausiated sick. I went in on Monday morn. 11-12-2012. I simply told the same sales lady I did not want or like. She insisted I needed to continue with glasses and give a chance I agreed. We spoke of a comment my husband made to reference they were old lady glasses and I mentioned that that was exatctly what my daughter had instructed me not to get. I returned with my daughter the following week and I had to plea with another sales lady to please allow me to change the glasses.

My daughter was standing behind her looking at frames and noties what was on thier computer screen and said you need to see all these nasty notes which were lies. All fabricated lies. Laurie had put that I returned on Mon. 11-12-2012 ackting Irrate, and said that my husband and daughter were opinionated and other detailes that were exaturated. We were shocked and asked for the notes but Melody said it was thier propery we mentioned Hipa laws and she still maintained we needed upper approval. We continued to select another frame and this time bi-focal lenses I ended up having to buy a protection plan and extra for lenses so they would not look like magnifiers. I had no money my daughter paid the differance.

So I picked up new pair yesterday 11-27-12 frame color is darker than display and bifocal part is not even on lenses. one is centered the other begins at the inner part of frame. I do not even want to go speak with these ladys any more. Laurie made me feel dirty when she got a new hand tissue to remove a papertowel I used to dry my hands after washing hands to remove my contact lenses. This may seem petty to you but the treatment has left quite a sour taste in my mouth. And who ever grinds lenses should not have OKed then if not exactly the same.

I called your customer service center in regards to my balance. I had paid off my balance for the month of September and was not expecting a bill. I received a bill on the fourth of November for not paying all of my bill for September. When I called to ask why I was receiving a bill the representative said that I had made purchases in September that was not paid in my previous payment of my card. I asked repeatedly why those purchases, which were within the billing cycle of September, were not added into my bill he could not answer my question.

I had been charged interest for something that would have been paid for if it had been on my previous bill. I asked him again why I did not receive a correct bill, all he said was that his computer told me that my card was not paid off. I asked him then if I could pay the balance for the items I had purchased and not pay the interest, due to the fact that because the charge was not on my previous statement I did not believe I should have to pay it, he refused and said that he would not authorize that.

I asked him to let me speak to his manager, he once again refused. After doing so I hung up, realizing that I would not get anywhere with the person I was calling or receive any explanation as to why my bill didn't include the purchases that I made. I love JcPenney and have bought clothes there for years. The quality has always been good and I've never had a problem with any representatives or the staff until now. I was on the phone for nearly an hour trying to get answers to my questions and find out what I needed to pay. The customer service was very poor and he was rude when I tried to ask him what had happened. This does effect how I will shop in the future. Because if I were to run into this problem again, I do not want to be on the phone for nearly an hour only to become frustrated and upset because of someone refusing to assist me or even listen to what I have to say.

I am an 18 year old male. My girlfriends mother, myself and her daughter we out trying to figure out what kind of clothes for her mother (my girlfriends mother) to wear. We were in an unlabeled (didn't say men or women on it) dressing room. After about 10 minutes of being in there, one of the employees, a woman, came in and rudly told me to get out because I wasn't supposed to be in there. There was no sign and there was nobody else in the dressing rooms. I was floored and she should be fired, especially for how she handled it.

I was happy to see the roller shades that I had been considering on sale for Cyber Monday. Instead of being $12 apiece for 3 shades , they were $8 apiece and free shipping. I attempted to order them from Sunday afternoon until Monday night. I was never able to place the order, apparently because of how busy your connection was. When I attempted again Tues. morning, I could get straight through, but they were no longer on sale. When I contacted your representative by phone, she said that they were no longer honoring the prices or free shipping. She said that I should have called to place my order on Monday.

I have been buying Jcpenney arizona jeans here for a longtime and in the last year they have changed. They are too tight. The bootcut aren't bootcut. I have to cut them to fit around my boots. They are all pretty much slim fit. I am very dissatisfied and will no longer shop Jcpenney if they aren't correct soon.

I was shopping in a JCPenney store the other day with my young daughter when I heard a song playing "stone hard machine guns, fire at the ones who run. Fire away, fire away..." Were the lyrics. The next song had the following lyrics "dance until I'm not drunk anymore" I am very upset that those particular songs were being played at a 'family' store. Especially with everything that has recently happened in Sandy Hook. I will absolutely not be shopping at any JCPenney stores, due to the type of music being played.

About a month ago I bought a rug and used my JC penny rewads of 10.00. The rug was to small, so I went back to the store to get a larger one. The sales girl only gave me credit for the price I ended up paying after my rewards were taken off. She said my rewards were just gone. Today I took my granddaughter to buy her a coat. Number 1, I couldn[t believe how the coats are priced. They were a 125.00 with 40% off. What a rip off. To add insult to injury I had a 19.09 credit on a gift card.

Also you were supposed to get 15% off, if you used your JC Penny credit card. I used the card and the sales girl said I could either use the 19.09 gift card or take the 15% off. But not do both. I can tell you JC Penny has just lost a good customer. Your prices used to be so good and the quality was great. I believe JC will go down the tubes like so many stores are doing now. It is no loner a place to shop where you get quality for a good price.

Unable to claim small gifts won by entering gift button codes. I think if you won and they have notified you by mail they should then follow up by sending you a gift coupon thur the winner's e-mail. Many people I've talked with feel the same way that this gift promotion by JCPenney is way too confusing.. I shopped more often than usual at JC Penney in order to receive the little buttons but have decided that I will no longer shop at JCPenney unless absolutely necessary. I have collected alot of buttons in the last week or so that will not go through. I did discover that the bad buttons all have an s in the code number. Those button codes are yrszss4 wwss93q 8saraqr 01szea2 ixssnrr fwssp1a f4ssp1d z1sze93 c4szs3n asss9s1. As far as everyone who has waited on me everyone has been very nice and very helpful. If there is anything I can do with these buttons I would like to know what to do. I do like the new look of the store but I would like the plus size girls department to come back.

I placed an order with JC Penney on 12/13/2012 and was told it would be available in 4 to 7 days. I stopped in on 12/17/2012 in hopes it may have come in early well it didn't but the sales associate told me it was scheduled to come in on 12/20. On 12/20/2012 I went back to Penney's to pick up my order and when I got there they told me the truck was delayed until 12/22/2012, so it went from 4 to 7 days to at least 9 days.

I needed the order by the 21st so I asked the associate to cancel my order and credit my charge card. Imagine how surprised I was when he told me he couldn't do that, he needed the shipment to come in and I would have to return the order. I asked him to get someone who could do this for me and he called over a manager who told me the same thing.

After telling him I wouldn't need the order after Friday he finally did something and he told me my card would be credited immediately. Well after 6 hours my card is still not credited. I use to like shopping at Penney's but I will NEVER place an order with them, this was my first time and my LAST. Hopefully my credit will be credited SOON!

I called the JC Penny located at Golf Mills in Niles Illinois. Everytime i call i get transferred to hear nonstop ringing. Then when i do finally get in touch with someone they put me on hold for 5 minutes and i hear someone hang the phone up. Then i call back for a third time and get put on hold again for even longer then both combined. All i want to ask for is if they have a freaking Addidas 3x sweater that i seen recently for 49.99. I never ever complain.. but this really got to me honestly. Anyways i know very little will be done because i myself worked at retail and know how this goes but its still lame and ridiculous.

I have several buttons and it keeps saying that the Captcha is not correct when in fact I print exactly what is written. Then on the same button code, after entering the captcha at least twice, it will say the button code is invalid. It goes back and forth forever. I am starting to think that we are being used for this Captcha for some other reason.

I sent an e-mail to jc penney in regard to a problem I had on December 6th to redeem a $10 certificate. They never responded to my e-mail. I then called the number on the website and was transferred to the wrong department, however they promised they would have someone call me right back and again no one called or got in touch with me. I am very frustrated wth this Christmas button program. I hope to hear from someone before this program is over. Thank you.

When I press the audio button next to the Captcha, it sounds like aliens and I can't really here what they are saying. Something is very wrong here! Is this all just a big scam?! People win $10 gift certs here and there, but I get those anyway as a regular customer of JcPenny's so I don't see what the big deal is winning these buttons. They are like coupons that other stores give you without the hassle of making you come in for buttons. This is only going to enrage customers and possibly lose a lot of regular customers for JcPenney's!

I have printed off my Jcpenney gift certificate 6 different times and the numbers under the bar code is not showing up. No matter if i print it off in color or black and white. It prints up everything else except the numbers under the bar code.

I have 4 Jcpenney Christmas buttons and out of the 4 only 1 has went through. What is up with this promotion? We had three winner buttons and they did not process completely; we did everything correctly and it did not holiday certificate verification.

I received 2 buttons during the black friday shopping weekend. I came home and entered the codes on my buttons. one was a 10 certificate and one was a $5 certificate. I received the ten dollar one with no problems the 5 dollar one never opened to claim my certificate.It had a message saying that there was a problem and the elves were working on it.

The button code was zbbddfn. I would like to know if there is any way to help me claim my five dollar certificate. Thank you for your time.

Twice i have got know responded when inter my button code it says check your email . When i do there no message . All the other it says a winner, are sorry you are not a winner. Don't know what going on.

Love the Jcpenney store but found the button codes did not work. I was given invalid code button or it was already used. So I'm sure this has been frustrating to their department trying to spread some joy this holiday season. Blessings to them.

Your life insurance office sent me a card saying that I would receive a $10.00 reward for calling and talking to them about insurance. I decided against taking the insurance but the worker told me that I would still receive the reward of ten dollars. A few days later I received the gift card and the note said it was for ten dollars. However, today at the Paris, Texas store, I bought a shirt and tried to use the card. The clerk said that the card had a zero balance. When I got home I went on your website where you can check gift card balances and it said that the card still had a ten dollar balance. What can be done about this? Please tell me what to do.

I am very disappointed in the poor selection of boys clothing, sizes 8-20, in your store in Thomasville, GA, and Dothan, AL. I went financially prepared to spend several dollars, perhaps $200 or better, for two of my grandsons. The clothes were trashy looking. I did not see any collored polo shirts, and the sizes I needed in jeans were gone, size 12 regular, original cut in The Arizona brand. The clerks were very nice in Dothan, AL, . They even went into the back to see if they could find any jeans back there---no luck. I have been pleased with shopping in JC Penney in the past, but not now. You will lose many customers if you do not correct the situation. There were several other ladies trying to shop for little boys too. I needed some church clothes for my grandchildren, not trashy looking attire.

JCP has lost a fairly good customer because they have stopped selling their Cabin Creek line and specially the Cabin Creek Denim Boot Cut Leggings. I am not a 6' teeny bopper who enjoys having their pants worn below the waist and just above their private parts. I am an older woman who enjoys having pull-on, elastic-waist, boot-cut, no-pocket, leggings which give my 5'2" sort of chunky body a fairly nice look and Cabin Creek leggings did that. Now all you can find at Penney's are the "skinny jeans", rhinestone jeans, - pants that even look trashy on the tall 18 year-olds. I have been in JCP only once this year and I will not go back. I used to buy blouses, shoes, jewelry, pajamas and purses there. I will not go out of my way to visit any JCP store until the Cabin Creek Brand is back. I used to use the Catalog Department regularly - I am very disappointed in the way JCP is now doing business and I hope, at this time, that unless they change their merchandise attitude, they go out of business.

Last Friday, I went to the JCP in Tucson at I-19 and Irvington roads. The goal of my visit was to do an exchange, talk to someone about a garment purchased approximately 47 days ago that had come apart under normal wash and wear and browse. The exchange and browsing were successful, which lead me make additional purchases. This may not have been the case, if I had tried to talk to a cashier or manager first. So, lesson learned on my part. I recently, since Thanksgiving, began shopping at JCP, because it is not the closest or most convenient store to go to, on the normal paths I travel. On January 7, my Mom purchased two Arizona Jean company tee shirts, blue and green.

On the back of the neck of the blue one, the stitching has begun to unravel on the seam, for approximately 5 inches. This is the garment I spoke with the cashier about. He said he would go back to the department and get a tee with a tag. He helped another customer at the register next to me, then went back to the department, as it was unclear which receipt it was purchased on. When he returned, he looked at a few things at the register and then went back to the department.

Upon returning the second time, he had a similar shirt. He said that it had the new logo on it and the one that I was trying to return was pre- new logo. At this point, it had been quite a while and I was frustrated, as it seemed to me, by his response, that he felt I was being dishonest. He, "Expert" per his nametag, was not helpful. So, I decided to leave and write this letter. Since my visit, problems with two additional garments have occurred. On November 28, I purchased item 622/4701/010209 for $8.00, as a Christmas present for my daughter. On Sunday, February 24, she asked if I could buy her a new pair of black leggings. When I asked her why, her response was, they fell apart. When I looked at them, I could see that there is a 5 3/4 inch opening at the seam of the left thigh. On November 28, my Mom purchased item 944/3460/010502 for $27.00, as a Christmas present. I have worn the shirt three times since receiving it for Christmas.

Saturday, February 23, I removed it from the washer and was hanging it on a hanger to dry when I noticed a 3 1/2 inch piece was separated from the seam. So my question is...can I expect this to be the normal quality of the merchandise/garments that I purchase from JCP? If it is, there is no way, even with the better prices, that I can continue to shop at your store, as replacing garments less than or equal to two months of normal wash and wear is not in my budget. Sincerely, ~Jill Cooper hcooper504@cox.net

I went into your Greece Ridge Center and Marketplace Mall stores and was VERY disappointed. I have been a customer for over 40 years and could always find whatever I needed. On December 1st. I went home empty handed. The Big and Tall mens department had no selection at all.

The jewelry department had very little stock. You discontinued your catalog (I realize people can shop on line) and I don't like the way you advertise your specials. Even some of your employees are not happy. I am telling all my friends and probably will not shop there again any time soon. You keep going and you will be closing all your stores!

About a week ago me and a friend was at the lexington ky location trying to complete school shopping and the entire time we where there we where being followed the entire time from either two sales associates or more. When turning around to see if they needed something they would turn around like they where working. Felt very uncomfortable and every time I tried to complete shopping the u would be right right behind us again. I was so upset I sat everything down and walked out to another store to finish shopping. Never have ive been in a department store or any store and been watched over and followed. All the years I have shopped with the company from kids clothes,women and men clothes to house needs I will no longer be shopping at any locations for jcpenney. With me being apart with a one of the biggest markets out there we know how to protect our stores as well as let the customers shop without having to look over their shoulder the whole time or stalking them. Very unprofessional!

I have been going to J.C. Penny's for about 30 years and now you have these buttons that everybody I know has won gift certificates and I have been putting my codes on-line at jcp.com/Christmas since 12/05/12 and have yet to receive any notification to either I won or lost, where all my other friends have won several gift certificates. I get all kinds of other mail from other company's & friends so I know its has nothing to do about my e-mail site. I may just contact the federal trades commission about this issue!

I have entered 5 buttons of jcpenny I have won several times there is never any thing sent to me in a e-mail so I can print it off his has to be a scam the use to give discounts that was a lot better, everyone loved that, they had a lot more business ,now I don't care if I ever go back to jcpenny store along with a lot of other people I have talked to. I feel sorry for JCPenny. Their incompetent programmers and Chinese manufacturers have made what could have been a goodwill promotion a debacle. The button codes simply don't work. What is the reason for this?

I was told I won a $10.00 certificate from my code number (bsqcecp) I got my email mail saying I won. Then I clicked to give my info. I haven't heard anything more. I got this email on Dec. 16th. I went into the stre and talked with some people that just said they didn't know how to help me without a bar code. I hope you can help.

Please help me with buttons that I won (2- $10) and did not receive an email from Penny's with bar code to redeem. My dad is here from Arizon and they were his buttons...he is on a fixed income and could use these for Christmas...only two days before Christmas and time is running out..Please help!

Received buttons from JCP.com & put the code in & it said it was already used. I feel that it is a waste of time, time i don't have, then you can only do two at a time.What if i was a winner & don't even know it, me and my mom shop jcp all the time i do like shopping at JCP but these buttons are a pain in the butt. I do like coupons & getting a good deal but is it even worth it?

Your promotion does not work! I spent 10 minutes trying to enter the two code words into your site, and was rebuffed repeatedly. It is no promotion if you anger a consumer enough to decide not to shop at your stores again this year!

I enter my buttons ,gotn3 certificates 2 of which were the same bar code, one of my other buttons were rejected because there were not 7 letters ,although there were 7 ,and spell the two words so we know your not a Christmas robot I typed in 14 spell me's till I was finally accepted, now for the button without 7 digits xvakawe, hello! please get me out of this Christmas funk,as I have read other letters of complaint, I'm not the only one this button thing is very stressful,an answer would be a ,lets say , a Christmas Blessing.

What a crock. Enter the number on the back which is so small it can hardly be read and then enter the two words "for safety" which are difficult to read and all I got was an "error" response. All my buttons are going into the garbage. More junk from China.

My friend told me about the buttons at JC Pennys. So I go in shop go to pay an I ask about the buttons. The lady said you can have one a day. So I got my one button came home entered it an couldnt get it to work. Finally I realized it said enter your 7 digit code an mine was only 6 . So much for my one chance. Here is my code. Pfmuy2

I made a purchase 12/13/12 and received to buttons. I attempted to enter one of the buttons today and a keep getting a message stating 'Sorry! Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7 digit code and try again.' I did this several times and the same thing happened. This is not the first one I have entered so I know I am doing it right. What is going on? Is jcp running some kind of scam.

Wore Wrangler for year bought 4 pair of Arizona jeans thought theywere the best jeans i ever had.The first 3 pair ripped out in the crotch then the 4th pair ripped out on the back pockets.Guess im back to wranglers the arizona felt great but poor quality.

I bought a Queen size 400 count sheet set and I've had it less than one year and the sheet have worn areas all over then. The pillow cases are tearing apart at the seams and the material is of very cheap quality. I love the lilac color and the softness of the sheets before they started tearing up. I've never had a set of sheets that torn up like this. I think I'm due a replacement or credit on these sheets due to the extremely poor quality of what I thought would be a good product.

With Regards,
Sandra Wolf

I've shopped at Penney's for over 30 years, and spent thousands of my hard-earned dollars in your store in Plattsburgh, NY. When your powers that be decided to change everything from taking down pictures on the store walls, and stocking clothes that a 16-year old with a stick-thin body would wear (and the loudest colors known to man), I never walked in the store again. So disappointing.

I hope whatever your marketing strategy is now goes back to the way it was. Penney's was so busy here and I could always count on the store having my favorites in my size and color preferences with decent prices. It was such a pleasant store to walk in to with tastefully decorated walls.

You're really going to have to go big if you want me back, and I know several relatives and friends who feel the same way.

I contacted the company about this and haven't heard back. I had nine buttons and entered like it said, two per day. Tell me, how can all nine buttons be "already used"? Every single one of them. The only ones I can think of who used them has to be either the folks who made the buttons or the J. C. Penney's employees and management who then gave the wnners to friends and family. Or, the wole thing was a scam. What else could it be? I read where some people won a $10 gift certificate but never got it. So the buttons are already used, if you happen to win (big if), you don't get what you won?! You know, this is aggravating enough to make people shop elsewhere. Put out "used" buttons and don't respond to customer complaints.

Hello,

After many years of avoiding JC Penny, because I have many times in the past wasted my time looking for my size in vain, today, I decided to stop and look around since the store has been renovated. Well, it was again the same old story, in a store of the size and name like JC Penny, I'd think that buying something so simple as a pair of slacks should be easy. But no.
This has brought me the question, is JC Penny against fit women, or fit and small? I know it sounds crazy, but if this mega store went through so much change recently, why not stock up and get eveyone happy, in another word cater to all. I am not that short, neither too thin, I wear Size 2 not zero.
I thought it would be nice a positive criticism, after all, you guys want to make the most profit, mainly when JC Penny has taken a hit in the last few years.
Finnally, Is there hope that millions of people just like me might be able to shop there again? Or should I walk through the store, only to get inside of the mall and go straight to a store like EXPRESS, where I know for certain, EVERY SINGLE time I go there (even though it cost more) I WILL FIND my size, and avoid myself the aggravation, because for me, peace of mind, has no price.

I hope someone could have the vision I have, and maybe it would even help the store.

Thanks a lot.

On November 3, 2012 I went into a women's dressing room at JCpenny in Northpall Mall, Ridgeland, MS. The smell was so bad that I was very careful not to touch anything in there and would not let my bare feet touch the floor. It smelled as if someone had urinated on the floor. I used to work in a department store and heard stories of adults letting their children use the floor in dressing rooms for a bathroom. That is disgusting!!! I know stores can't control ignorant people, but you should make sure the dressing rooms are cleaned, even if it means professionally cleaned in a case like this. I was so disgusted by the smell that I told my husband who was waiting outside that it was time to go and I would not go back into that Jcpenney store.

At one time I was a valued customer with JCPenney from shopping to clothes, shoes, home section to even buy our living room furniture at the JCPenney Home Store (which has since closed in Overland Park, KS). I live in Kansas City, MO and I am truly disappointed in the direction the company has gone in the last year plus. Every time (which is not as often as it used to me) that I shop at the store it is always in the process of being remodeled or has been remodeled. You keep changing your focus, your layout, whether you want to give coupons or not and it is frustrating to a customer. Yes, I am one of the customers that enjoyed my JCPenney's reward coupon and not this "everyday low price" (which it doesnt appear to be) mentality.

Customers prefer sales, they want sales and that entices them to come into the store. Maybe you should spend less time remodeling and trying to put out "fancy" ads and focus on what your customers really want....coupons and sales and for the store to not change every few months. I was at the store over the weekend and was appalled that once again it was remodeled and and that when you ring up my purchases I can no longer see how much it rings up for. The cashier has a hand held device that they scan so you are not seeing if something is rung up correctly unless you ask AND their does not seem to be much privacy when you are entering in a PIN for a purchase with a debit card.

This is just ridiculous. I preferred shopping at JCPenney's over Kohl's because it wasnt cluttered, was always picked up, has good customer service at the store, clean and neat but with all these changes I am not enticed to continue shopping which is sad and a reflection of your CEO. I do hope you have taken customers complaints seriously.

Yesterday 8/14/13 was our 20th anniversary. My husband has told me for years that I could get a new ring for our 20th anniversary. I went to the JCPennys in McDonough, Ga yesterday. A very kind man by the name of Vince assisted me and I picked out a 1 carat ring. I told him I would talk to my husband so he wrote all the info down including the final price and told me if I came back and he wasn't there to please let them know that he assisted me. Well my husband took me back last night to get the ring. I was very excited--I have waited a long time for that ring!! Vince was not there, but a lady named Debbie was.

I told her we were there to get the ring and gave her Vince's card. She was very rude from the start with very short, snippety answers and then acted as if were low-lifes. I was purchasing a $1,550. ring--which is alot to us...but does not make us low lifes!! Well I didn't have my JCPenney card which is in my husbands name, but she said she would look it up. It came up but would not accept the transaction, so she rolled her eyes and said I can call and see what the problem is IF I must as if we should just walk away. I said call, so she did--they talked to my husband and raised his credit limit and said to go through with the sale. She tried several times and it wouldn't go through so she rolled her eyes again and said I can call back IF I must.

So she called back and after being on the phone for several minutes they cleared everything up and said go ahead with the transaction and when Debbie tried it, it refused it again--she very rudely said it is not working--There is nothing else I can do..Very disappointing to someone who was planning to get the 1carat ring I have been waiting for!! It may not have been her fault for the transaction not working--but she was extremely rude from the start and acted as if we should not be allowed to purchase anything. She didn't even want to make the phone call to check out why.

Then said oh well there's nothing I can do. I walked away from the counter and assured her I would purchase the ring elsewhere and I will make sure everyone knows I got it and why I didn't get it at JCPenneys. I have spent alot of money here over the years and I am very angry about the way my husband and I were treated in there last night. And it ruined a 20th anniversary. I don't know where the fault lies for not being able to make this purchase, but you definitely lost an almost $2000.00 sale and we won't be back.

Hi I'm very upset with Jcpenney first of all i order 5 items on the 11/23/12 and i would wait for an email to confirm that they had all ready shipped my order, it was 11/30/12 and i called to see what is happening and it turns out that they hadn't shipped it yet i understand that it might be that time of year were every one orders things online but they should at least send an email notifying us that. Later on that day i did receive an email that my order was been shipped but they didn't even send me my tracking number with it. I tried log in in on my jcpenney account but it won't let me and i don't know if jcpenney erased my account or what ever. Jcpenney is very unorganized and that goes bad on them.

I am normally in love with JCPenney, but now I am very disappointed in them. They have discontinued my favorite, and most comfortable cotton briefs. Why? Someone else, or another company should take up the selling of the Underscore brand, because there are a lot of loyal customers like me who want to purchase this brand. I hate when a corporation makes a decision without understanding its customer base. It is an insult. I have tried other brands and have hated their fit. Who wants a skinny stringy underpants that bunches up in your private area? I don't.

Someone has replaced my previous phone number on my rewards account with a strangers name and phone number, plus there e-mail address. When I was in the Georgia Mall store on January 9, 2015, my phone number that we used for 23 years would not activate and another person's name keep reappearing. I was able to get his phone number, name plus after talking to customer service his e-mail address, which I was not impressed with the phone menu. JC Penny's need a better system just to address my account and concerns. My next option was to contact the store manager, which was a fail. In attempt to contact the store manager several times at the store location that this may have occurred, the manager was not available, so in observation the store has poor leadership. I feel with my gut that something isn't right at this location, and a possible scam may be occurring. I plan to contact the person on my account and let them be aware of my findings, and that I have reported this incident to authorities and plan to contact the local police in the area that action occurred. It is only fair to due to having no easy access to get this resolved. I feel that JC Penny wants my business as a customer, but when I need to talk with a person to start a process, I have to search the internet just to find a number that doesn't exist then finally this section for a complaint. I have lost all faith in the company with this process and plan to support this store less. I hope to hear from someone soon to make sure this isn't happening to other customers that might be unaware or could this be a one time event, however I want answers!

Schedule and appointment to have my picture taken wiuth my four grandchildren. appointment was 350pm on March 30, 2014. Arrived at 330p. Girl taking picutres asked what we wanted, we explained and then she proceeded to tell us what was going to take place. /not igving us the opportunity to choose how we wanted pictures. She rushed us through the process and we did have some difficulty with our three year old. Photogrpaher didnt seem to care just wanted to get pictures over with and move on the the last shoot of the day. Pictures we thought were being taken and were told were being taken were not. After photo session, we waited 15 minutes for anohter assoicate to come over to us and she then told me that we would need to look at pictures ourself since she was going to have to helo the photogrpaher. She stated that photographer was done mentally for the day. So we looked at less than exceptable pictures and after another 15 minutes the aqssoicates came back and she was told that we were in no way buying anything today. Pictures looked like they were rushed and we were not paying for these. Associate apoligized and told us we could view them on line for the next week if we wanted to choose anything.
JC Penney lost not only my business today but that of my daughter and daughter in law. In addition, anyone that I can tell my experience to I will. Facebook is a wonderful media outlet and I have posted my dissatification with JC Penney already.

I’m a 6 ‘6 388 pound guy that just wants to be able to walk in a store and go to the big AND tall section and actually find clothes for big and tall not so called 5x shirt that is a high priced 2x shirt for a boy.the big and tall community demand real big and tall clothes . Jcpenny STOP the false advertisements and take away the big and tall section in your stores you don’t know what your doing .

I missed a call from the Albany, GA JC Penney mall. I assumed it was about the recent order I made on line and had shipped to their store. When I called, I got the children’s department, when I explained what I thought may have happened the young lady said she would transfer me to catalog. The phone rang at least twenty times and then I was routed back to the same young woman. I explained that I was holding for catalog. She sighed loudly into the phone and said well I guess no one is there. Hold on, I will transfer you again. I tried to tell her that I just needed to know where to pick up my delivery and ask if I needed to bring anything but she had already transfered me again. The next person that answered was rude and told me that I would need to call them back in ten minutes that she had customers looking at her and could not assist me. I spend a good deal of money in that store and only needed a minute of her time. I am very unsatisfied with the service that I received today. Not sure if I will be back.

I have always loved JC Penney. However, this past year I have noticed that I cant find anything in the stores. When I ask the cashiers they keep telling me that I need to get online to find more items or that I can order items but it will take 5-10 working days. I guess that when I go to a store I want to purchase merchandise there, not be told to go online or wait for 2 weeks. My daughter asked me why I keep going there since I cant find what I want at the store. I told her I really didnt know, maybe I am hopeful that you will get the stores back to where they used to be. I doubt this will make any difference but I hope that you will at least consider this request. Your customers want to go to the store and come out with purchased items, not go online or wait. Thank you.

I left a very bad domestic abuse situation. When the police helped me leave all I took was my dog and a overnight bag. Two weeks later when I went back to get my things they had all been destroyed. I’ve been working hard to rebuild my life. Our case is before the wisc appeals court. I even got charged with disorderly conduct for going back to get my two house cats. I work cleaning homes right now-and get 150.00 a month in food assistance. I was tired of wearing everything from a thrift store I wanted new underwear and socks maybe a pair of shorts . So I went to my local penneys store in marshfield wisc. I asked for the manager I wanted to see if they had any “damaged” but yet new items I could maybe buy for a really reduced price. Before I could finish asking I was told “there are places for people like me” I said I was aware of them in our town etc.. I was spoken to loud and rudely in front of customers in both the store and hair salon. I just said I was sorry and left. Maybe I had no right to ask but I should not have been humiliated privately or publicly. If treating people this way is another way you are changing your stores I feel sorry for you. Ellen degeneres can give penneys giftcards away on tv to her audience you look good for that! I will NEVER go in the marshfield store. AGAIN EVER!!! I live with a friend right now I don’t have a bath towel of my own or a new anything but I treat better than your store manager!!! I hope your company is proud “there are places for people like me”!!

I am now 59 yeara old and have been shopping @JC Pennys since was a teenager in high school. Was always the place to go for school wear or dress clothes for any occasion down to belts,socks,cufflinks or whatever needed. Have for years since homeowner always bought bathroom & home decor there and always felt like had great selections and great prices. Now, I walk in every store in Louisville, Ky with $50 gift cards given me and can’t find a thing to buy.

The brands and selection I had grown to love are gone and nothing but alot of money spent on little cubicles of clothing supposedly with high end fashion names with styles and quality that only young teenagers would wear and very little in stock to choose from with ridiculous prices. No selection for bathroom, bedding and home decor that had before,just overpriced cheap looking products that can buy cheaper at discount stores.

Example is bathroom carpeting, shower curtain selections. The JC Penny Collection used to be wonderful but now the recent carpeting and rugs I purchased that were supposed to be the same quality are thin, terrible backing and look cheap. Used to have a wonderful drapery section, but now looks like rags on rods. And lord help you to find someone to help you without an attitude or even knows anything about the products.

Most of the great sales men and women most likely got discouraged and left, replaced my young snotty kids that don’t seem to know anything about helping with home decor or picking out a suit jacket and really don’t want to be bothered. I will say that seems to be a problem in other what I call more high end department stores. JC Penny’s used to be the place to go for about anything I needed, clothing,furniture,home decor, jewerly but now is just a big disappointment.

Please bring back the old brands. the full tables and racks of selection and sales people that actually want to help you find what you need and some place to check it out without getting attitude. I think the recently replaced “boss” might have been great for other stores (even though I think Target is much worse and worse quality than it used to be too) but what has been done to JC Penny now is a tragedy and I am forced to shop elsewhere. Thanks!

I am 7 months pregnant and experiencing a lot of back pain, which limits my ability to walk far distances. My husband and I were leaving the Quakerbridge Mall in West Windsor, NJ. Our car was parked outside the JC Penny. We were 20 feet away from the inside mall entrance to the store when a sales woman locked the doors. I went to the door and knocked, hoping they would open the door for me so I could walk through to my car. A different sales woman, whom I later learned is named Zarna Shah, looked at me, said no and shook her head. I knocked several more times, hoping she would come over and at least talk to me and explain, but she blatantly ignored me. I had to walk all the way around the mall, in pain, to get to my car. I understand if it is company policy that they can’t open the door past a certain time, but she shouldn’t have ignored me.

I went to your Daytona Beach, FL store yesterday (4.13.2013) to get another drapery set-up (rod and curtains) and three new sets of towels after receiving emails on specials for the home and an email coupon to take an extra 20% off the purchase. My wife and I have already spent hundreds of dollars at this location in fixing up our new home and wanted to get additional matching items, so going elsewhere wasn’t even a thought…but it is now! The departments I needed to visit were under a reconstruction with really NO merchandise available to choose from…there were a few towels out but not enough (maybe 4 of each color, I need 8-12 towels and other pieces to match the set).

Additionally, I could not find anybody to help…the place felt deserted. I left the store and have been trying to get the items on-line, however, it is hard to tell on-line exactly what the curtain and rod materials look like, and what I think is the correct matching rod on-line doesn’t show the hardware (braces) to get a positive match to the rest of the house. I like to shop and what I’m purchasing…not taking queses on-line. I would like to take advantage of your ‘extra’ offers if merchandise and helpful personnel are available. I live approx. 40 mins. from the DB JCP and 5 mins. to the nearest Belks.

I have been a JC Penney’s customer for over 45 years and enjoyed the wonderful selections and variety of products they offered. I spend a lot of money at the Rapid City, Sd store and Christmas was always the greatest shopping trip. I walked into our local store after the so called up to date changes and my shock was apparent as it was like walking into a completely different store. The usual brands of ST Johns and the great selection of women’s clothing were no where in sight. Sad to say, that was my last visit to a store that been part of my shopping experience for years. NOW, that you all have gotten back on terra firma and replaced the so called new look with the older, better selections I will be checking you out!!!

The latest look of JC Penney has been the best look for them in years! The CEO had a vision and it was a good one. The prices were great and the stores were laid out wonderfully. My daughters and I loved the way everything came together and did some Christmas shopping there. Why in the world would you let this man go when things were just getting better for the company? It takes a while to get a new concept off of the ground and you didn’t give him enough time to accomplish this. Shame on you!!! I hope you’ll reconsider.

Every day low price ? Not true. I used to shop at this store all the time . I had a jc credit card with a pretty good amount o spending money. I was a costumer for probably 5-6 years. But after the new CEO decide to change the sales coupons for every day Lowe price I was very disappointed.

But I still gave I try so I took my kids to go cloth shopping for back to school. Which was a big mistake. When the cashier gave my total price I them realize that the every day low price wasn’t such every day low price and since them i never shop at that store again.

i finished paying my jcp card and cancel my account . AIM so disappointed. The store now looks empty and the layout and clothe quality is really bad.

I took my 6 year old son to the salon at JC Penny, Tukwila, Wa, on Sunday February 17, 2013 for a haircut. I was under the impression that your store was offering the free haircuts for kids every Sunday. I was disappointed when I asked for my sons hair to be trimmed and instead the stylist gave him a buzz cut. I was then disappointed when I found out after the cut that JC Penny stopped offering the free kids cuts February 1. I wish that the stylist or the women who made the appointment had mentioned this detail. I to say the least am disappointed and believe the information should have been pored somewhere so customers are informed.

Allison Hardman

I am visiting Poughkeepsie, NY for my mothers birthday and went to the store to purchase a piece of Jewelery. The brochure atated the sale was dec 30 to xxx. Dec 30th bing today I thought I would get the discount. Instead I was told I had to pick the item up on Sunday. I told him I would not be here and her birthday is tomorrow. I eventully left with out purchasing anything. I called to speak to a manager to understand the sale.

She said something about pre sale and thats the way it works. I said there was nothing in the brochure but thats the way it is done and she worked in furniture for 20 yrs and this always happend. Being a JC penney member for 40 yrs I have never been told this nor have I been trated this badly. She wemt on to say my mother could pick the item up, my mother is 86 and does not drive. She also said there are millions who appreciate our sales.

I felt like she was saying I didnt appreciate them. She made me feel uncomfortable. I have never been treated by your competitors as I was today. I am sorry this happened as I shop a lot in your store but will think twice before I do again. Thank you. Marshall Dalleo

I visited the JCPenney Salon in Fredericksburg, VA on December 28th, 2012. I called 2 weeks ahead and scheduled a cut and color. When I arrived 15 minutes early I was told to have a seat and someone would be with me shortly. I brought my mother in law along to get a shampoo and style. She however did not have an appointment, but was a walk-in. We were given the same appointment time. She (who has short hair) was taken back on time. A few employees went to the desk to check the computer and asked if I had been helped. Each time I told the new lady at the desk my name and that I had a 10:30 appointment. Three different ladies asked me the same question, then looked in the computer and walked away. They either started a conversation with another employee or sat down int heir chairs. When the fourth lady finally came up and asked me the same question, I again told her my name and my appointment time. It was now 20 minutes past my appointment. The woman had a negative attitude in the beginning. She said “and you want color?” in a nasty tone. I told her yes, I wanted a cut and color. Looking around I noticed a lot of the clientele were ladies with shorter hair getting cuts or perms. I have long hair that takes time, and the impression I got was that nobody in the salon wanted to deal with my hair. If long hair or color is not something a salon specializes in then it should not be offered on the menu of services. When the fourth lady finally brought me back she was very reserved and seemed like she was put out having to “deal” with me. I tried to be friendly and make conversation. I attempted to make jokes when she pulled out the color book to see which one I wanted. She seemed to warm up a little following the jokes, but not much. She did not explain anything she was doing while she worked. The color we chose is not the color it turned out to be on my hair. I tried to make the best of it and thanked her. I also left her a 25% tip to show my appreciation for “dealing” with my hair. She also took a few smoke breaks while working on my hair. I know this because when she returned from her breaks she reeked of cigarette smoke. I am not telling anyone how to live, but in a business when you are working in close proximity to the customer at least make an attempt to avoid smelling offensive when you are working with them. I must say I am very disappointed in the service and product I received that day. I am an avid JCPenney shopper. I am sad to say that was my first and last visit to the JCPenney salon.

I purchased 2 pair of Arizona jeans in August 2012 and 1 pair in September 2012 and all of them have ripped near the back pocket. The first pair tore about 1 week after purchasing them, the second pair was the one bought in September and that tore right away and the third pair was one purchased in August and that just now finally ripped January 2013. I didn’t have my receipt for either purchase so the store would not take them back. It’s very frustrating to buy them and have the rip out right away. I purchase a lot of items at JCPenney but lately have not been very satisifed.

I placed an order on December 13 for my children’s Christmas. After checking Track my order on the website several times and not seeing that my order had been shipped I contacted customer service on Dec. 21 to find out they were holding the entire order because two items were on back order. I told them to cancel the back order items and send the rest. So I reordered the back order items on a separate ticket. In the past JCP has always sent what is in stock and then sends the back order items later. Even though I called on Dec. 21 I didn’t receive the in stock items until January 7. Then two of the back order items were cancelled by JCP because they were out of stock. The other item didn’t arrive until January 14. Complaint #2 I had to return jeans for another size so I reorder those and was told the store would call me when they arrive at the store. The Jeans arrived 4 days ago and the store never called me. I had to call to find out that my order had arrived. I’ve been doing business with JCP for over 30 years and have never had these issues. If this continues I will be taking my business elsewhere. Besides that JCP doesn’t have the quality clothes or the petite size in any variety like they have had in the past.

I have been shopping at JC penneys for a long time. I came into the Silverdale Washington store on Friday 1/11/2013 about approx. 11 a.m.ish?? I had just purchased a dress and was looking for some shoes to go with my dress. I approached the desk in the shoe department and asked the employee for some help in finding some high heal black shoes. All she said to me is “what you see is what you get!” I could no believe that response at all. I turned around and felt just so little like I meant nothing as a customer. She had a medium build and had blondish brown hair. I just want to inform you of who is representing your company:(

Thanks

Marnee K Mellon

I ordered a pair of boots on 12/27/12 in store. The sales clerk ordered them on line for me and told me it would be 4 to 7 days. She said I would be called when they come in. As of 1/10/13, I still had not been called. I went in store to see if they were in. They were in and I asked when the merchandise arrived. The clerk said the boots arrived on 1/3/13. Poor customer service to not be called as promised. The clerk simply said sorry but that doesnt change the fact that I waited an extra week to get these. JCP has really gone down hill the last couple of years and I shop there less and less. Poor customer service and quailty of merchandise.

My stylist works at the JcPenny’s Salon in Cedar Hill, TX. She is very good, no complaints on her service. However, I am very concerned that every other Sunday, there is rarely a receptionist checking in clients, answering phones and checking out customers. Many of the stylist have to stop working and go take care of those duties. I understand JcPenny’s maybe like every other company out there, cutting costs as much as they can. But it is extremely inefficient to stop working and go handle other duties that are not necessarily the stylist duties (as most of them do not know how the register works – sometimes it takes 2 or 3 to make it happen). I believe someone should be in that department from 1p-5p – assisting with transactions and check-ins.

First off let me say the JcPenny penny’s is my favorite store to shop. On 1/4/2013 I went in to shop and found some great deals on some dresses for the unbelievable price of six dollar. I was going to purchase three do them
That I reall loved. As I went to pay for them the cashier told me that I couldn’t buy two of them because the price was wrong ( she left to check) I was really upset and told her in which area I had gotten them and that their were more of the same in the rack for that price. I also told her the the other customers were going to get upset if they also didn’t get them for the price stated on the tag, she didn’t seem to care all she said was maybe they could help you on the other side. I was in a hurry or I would have aske for a manager to speak to. This has never happen to me the ladies alway charged me on what the tag is priced. My only question is what is your policy on items priced , this was on the clearance racks.

Hello, I loved the buttons. My grandchildren will love them too! The promotion did get me into the store, more than I have been in, for a while. The numbers were a little hard to read, but I have a magnifying glass that works great. Some of the captcha words were hard to figure out as well. But I did win a couple of coupons. Thanks ! I did get several buttons that were invalid. Not sure how that happened, but that was disappointing. All in all, I would definitely do this again.

I have been a customer of jcpenney’s for many years but I have never in my life had bad customer service as yesterday. Had an appointment for pictures and there was no greetings and it took the person 20 minutes to even speak.

The appointment was later as in 40 minutes so if the appointments are not going to be on time you shouldn’t schedule them the way you do.

The first time I had an appointment at Cielo Vista Mall I left because of the same situation. I had been taking pictures at Jcpenney off Joe battle and the service is always on time. Cielo Vista Mall need better customer service.

I had 2 buttons that was a winner of $10, when this promotion started. It stated that I will recd my $10 in 48 hours. I didn’t recd it and called customer service and they took info and said, someone will contact me and that they were mailing out my 2 $10 winners. Well, that was a month ago and no one has contact me. Then I called again and today.

So, my question is when will I recd my 2 $10 certificate from the buttons promotions? I was in jcp before Christmas and the sales lady ask me to do the survey, and I told her this will not be a good idea because I don’t have good things to say about jcp right now. When this was my favorite shopping store that I thought stood by their word.

I’m in college and recently did a paper on jcp and their falling prices and how people don’t like the fact that Ellen is the spokeperson. I was for Ellen as spokesperson and I was saying I hope jcp pull out of this mess and don’t shut down. Now having second thoughts.

Someone please contact me or email my certificate totaling $20.00.

I recently have entered 6 buttons and i have gotten emails back that I have won three. so i claimed them. I got one back and the next day the other. But after more than 48 hours i have not gotten the third one back. We do not have internet so i am relying on my family members to let me come over and get on there computers. These are the six buttons i entered. mesxrmp pjeuvnv wvwyju2 afag4dz cbjasgm and zhnhm2p I do not remember which ones were which so i gave them all to you to verify i lost three and won three. I have been able to print out two of the three coupons, and i would really appreciate it if i could get that third one before the 31. Thank you.

Hello I had received four button during your little button rewards game. these are the codes I entered tt2dwkn, uwt3htg, mvyffqn, za4y5n3 one of these button was a winner of a $10 dollar gift card not sure which one, but I never received the card. it stated i would receive it in the mail. I am sure if you pull up my member credit card you will see that i am a avid shopper at JCP and have payed my bills. I am not sure why I did not get my gift card, but I feel if your are going to advertise a game to help increase sales you should honor it. So I would like to know what happened and how long will it be before I get my gift card.

I had purchased some pants from the Battlefield Mall Penneys store and decided to get a couple more pairs in other colors. I called the store to see if they had them in my size. The lady was gone a long time and came back to say they only had a white pair in my size which wasn’t what I wanted. I called again later and got a saleswoman that found the pants I wanted in the color and size and said she would hold them for me until the next day. I then went to the store the next day and when I went to the register I was told to go to, they were unable to find any record of the hold and casually brushed me off saying they were probably put back on the rack. I checked and they were not there. I now find that they are a discontinued brand “made for life” that is not online!!!

Very unhappy customer that will probably never shop at JCP again………

After working a hard shift and dealing with a lot of customers a lot of us employees have to close and organize every hanger and cloths a special way that no customer really cares about. I’m really complaining about not getting out at the time we are scheduled too. For example we are scheduled an hour after close and the managers have us stay for 4-7 hours more and expect some of us to open the next day. We and a lot of employees have a life and are tiered of staying later than we are schealed to, a lot of us go to school and have a family to be with.The “L.O.D” name Matthew makes us stay 5-6 hours after close and never helps us, he just walks around and complains. Must be nice to have his position and do nothing. The jcpenny store I’m complaing for is located in Conorado mall in Albuquerque new Mexico.

I experienced rude service today at JCPenney’s. I am normally a big fan of JCP. I am a female by birth but I almost always shop in the “men’s” department because I am asexual and I do not identify as being a woman. I selected some shirts that I wanted to try on and went into the only dressing room on the entire floor. (The top floor is “women’s” and the bottom floor is “men’s.”) When I came out of the dressing room, an older blonde employee confronted me and said to me, “Don’t you know that this is the MEN’S dressing room?” I was stunned. I didn’t say anything. I always shop at JCP’s “men’s” section and no one has ever confronted me rudely and judged me for this. It is clear that that employee thought I should be shopping in women’s section, and made her own judgment. I do not understand this behavior. I thought that JCPenney of all stores would be more understanding, especially with their promotion of gay rights as well as their support of Ellen Degeneres, an openly gay individual, as official spokesperson of JCP. If they want me to fit society’s gender binary, then they should at least put more than one dressing room on each floor. OR better yet, make the dressing rooms GENDER NEUTRAL. Our JCP is huge and it would be ridiculous for me to walk through “men’s” to housewares, then to the escalator, then through “women’s” just to use the “appropriate” dressing room for my appearance. Then, oops, wrong size, have to go back downstairs, through housewares, through “men’s” for another size. JCPenney, you should help your employees learn to be a little more tolerant.

Has Ron Johnson no passion for the customer who has shopped at jc penneys for over 35 years to get my support hose that was the best ever. I”ve tried other brands but they are not the same. Now you have to go on line and pay for the shipping and handling when we were able to get this item in the store. Has his mom died and he has no compasion for other mothers or daughters who need this item for health reasons. I don’t need to know that a coffee bar in the middle of the store is better than buying what I have always counted on for my health and comfort. I have never gone to this length to get this product back on the shelf. I have read other womens reaction to the same problem and nothing seems to work. WHAT is wrong here. Can the stock holders quit giving this ron johnson so much leeway. I’m sick over this please help us out here. I know this will go no where but atleast I’m trying. Giving him millions has given him no passion for the customer who cared about your store.

We continually received buttons that would not go thru or had said they had been used. We entered periodically and said we had won but did not get the printable certificate. On the last day we(my husband and I) entered codes that said we had won 3 #10 certificated and sent them in and recieved the successful message but have yet to get the ceriticate. I am just wondering why it has not came and if you are going to honor them?I have taken certificates in to use that I have been told had already been uses and I had just printed them before leaving the house. This has not been a good experience for me with JCP Penny. I can see from the NUMEROUS complaints I am not alone in this. This does not say much for the reputation of JCPenny.

I shop at the store in Owasso Ok. and the pricing is very deceiving. I pay attention to the fine print on the signs that read (and up) but when it does not have that on them I expect to pay that price. I went in to buy a coat yesterday and some tags read 30.00 and some read 40.00 etc. So I pick out a 30.00 coat several more on the same rack so I know it was not placed on the rack by a shopper. When i went to check out it rang up 80.00 I am on a fixed income so of course i did not buy it. This is not the first time this has happened. It will be the last time. I spend quite a bit in that store but I find it more difficult to find anything for my age category. Over 60

We do (did) a lot of shopping at J C Penney’s, have for many years. The button contest was awful, half of the buttons I received didn’t work. I agree with everyone else, the ones that didn’t work were probably winners. My family and I called the headquarters in Dallas, TX and they said they didn’t care what we thought on the buttons. They said it was a third party that was handling that and the lady told me “Here’s an email address write them and tell them why you don’t like it”. So I took the e-mail down and looked it up and all you get to do is write a complaint. Good luck you will never hear from anyone. I was shocked at the main office in Dallas….I guess, but not really because those people in Dallas think they are something and they run the whole world. It has really changed my mind about shopping there ever again. I like Dillard’s and Macy’s and I think they will get my business from now on.

On Dec. 14, I returned a product to JCP in Provo, Utah. It was not a very user-friendly product, and I planned to return it and then immediately purchase a different product of the same price. When I initially bought this curling iron, I used one of the gift certificates I’d won as part of the Black Friday pins. (I should note that I was disappointed to get pins instead of the snow globes that I’ve been collecting for years.) When I returned the curling iron, I figured I would get some sort of credit for the gift certificate. I did not. I didn’t expect the cash back, but I thought I would still be able to use that. Because I didn’t get that credit, I did not purchase the other item I was planning to; I went to another store. I really don’t understand this policy. The store lost a sale because of it. I told the clerks that I was planning to buy a replacement product in the store right then, but the policy was that the gift certificate was gone. I could not even use that credit on another product in the store. This seems like really bad business to me.

I ordered merchandise for pickup, but when I went to pick up the merchandise, and after I signed for it, the clerk told me that it was not in the store. JCPenney called me 48 hours prior to inform me that the merchandise had arrived. I think someone stole my merchandise. Now the order looks like I picked it up, when I didn’t. I told the clerk that I was concerned that I had signed prior to her update that the merchandise was missing, but she assured me that it was okay. It’s not okay. I will go to the store again tomorrow to get my money back.

i did a lot of xmas shopping at your store at hamilton town center in Indiana.I had several buttons to enter at two buttons a day.Last Friday one of my entries was a twenty-five dollar winner. I saw where you had sent my e-mail to me my printer is on the fritz so my daughter was going to print my winner for me. She went to print it for me and we can’t find it I have not deleted anything from my mail it is not in my trash . Also I had called to complain I had 3 buttons that only had 6 digits on the back of the button and nobody has given me an answer about those buttons come on jcp you are one of my daughters and I favorite stores to shop . Please don’t drop the ball here.

I ordered a set of dinnerware when I got it there was a broken dinner plate. I called customer service and they said I had to order a whole set and return the other one when all I needed was a new dinner plate. I talked to two different people. The second person gave me the number of replacement parts store so I called them and they needed a lot of info which no one gave me to give to them so again I had to call jcpenney’s back and get the info they should have shared with me to begin with. Then I had to call the replacement store back. This is totally not called for. Why can’t Penny’s get their act straight and give good customer service I found out they are out of the dinnerware and have to wait 4-6 weeks for a replacement. I shouldn’t have had to go through all that nonsense to get a replacement.

I have ordered many times this year from J C Penney. This last time I orderd 1 pair of kahki pants sixe 7, 1 pair in black and 2 in navy, plus 2 sports bras. I received 5 peices of draperies…I never ordered drapes and the original order with all the pants and bras were in the box! Before that I order 4 chairs to be shipped to my daughter. They shipped them to the store! When I called they told it was there mistake and had to reorder and ship them….then I ordered a robe for my granddaughter I received a robe but it wasnt the robe I ordered, prior to that I placed an order for uniforms and my granddaughters received a pair of womens size 14 jeans!!! What the heck is wqrong with J C PENNEY??? If this is happening to me who else is getting the wrong merchanise??? You need to get a handle on your quality control as no one is checking that the merchandse going out is right….

I emailed two weeks ago about these promotional buttons. I have two that keep saying wrong code. I am upset just at the thought that one of them could be worth money and I cant even find out. Ive told people working at JCP they told me to go to this website and that JCP would send me working codes. I have not heard from anyone in two weeks and im pretty upset at this. For JCP to not follow through with what they said is frustrating. I know I may not win alot or any money but I deserve the chance. And in this economy a little money feels like a lot. If you could please have JCP fix this. Problem is now that they waited to long the promtion is over so I cant even use new codes! very upsetting!

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?