J.C. Penney Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

303+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call J.C. Penney corporate:

I called your customer service center in regards to my balance. I had paid off my balance for the month of September and was not expecting a bill. I received a bill on the fourth of November for not paying all of my bill for September. When I called to ask why I was receiving a bill the representative said that I had made purchases in September that was not paid in my previous payment of my card. I asked repeatedly why those purchases, which were within the billing cycle of September, were not added into my bill he could not answer my question.

I had been charged interest for something that would have been paid for if it had been on my previous bill. I asked him again why I did not receive a correct bill, all he said was that his computer told me that my card was not paid off. I asked him then if I could pay the balance for the items I had purchased and not pay the interest, due to the fact that because the charge was not on my previous statement I did not believe I should have to pay it, he refused and said that he would not authorize that.

I asked him to let me speak to his manager, he once again refused. After doing so I hung up, realizing that I would not get anywhere with the person I was calling or receive any explanation as to why my bill didn't include the purchases that I made. I love JcPenney and have bought clothes there for years. The quality has always been good and I've never had a problem with any representatives or the staff until now. I was on the phone for nearly an hour trying to get answers to my questions and find out what I needed to pay. The customer service was very poor and he was rude when I tried to ask him what had happened. This does effect how I will shop in the future. Because if I were to run into this problem again, I do not want to be on the phone for nearly an hour only to become frustrated and upset because of someone refusing to assist me or even listen to what I have to say.

Comment (0)

I am an 18 year old male. My girlfriends mother, myself and her daughter we out trying to figure out what kind of clothes for her mother (my girlfriends mother) to wear. We were in an unlabeled (didn't say men or women on it) dressing room. After about 10 minutes of being in there, one of the employees, a woman, came in and rudly told me to get out because I wasn't supposed to be in there. There was no sign and there was nobody else in the dressing rooms. I was floored and she should be fired, especially for how she handled it.

Comment (0)

I was happy to see the roller shades that I had been considering on sale for Cyber Monday. Instead of being $12 apiece for 3 shades , they were $8 apiece and free shipping. I attempted to order them from Sunday afternoon until Monday night. I was never able to place the order, apparently because of how busy your connection was. When I attempted again Tues. morning, I could get straight through, but they were no longer on sale. When I contacted your representative by phone, she said that they were no longer honoring the prices or free shipping. She said that I should have called to place my order on Monday.

Comment (0)

I have been buying Jcpenney arizona jeans here for a longtime and in the last year they have changed. They are too tight. The bootcut aren't bootcut. I have to cut them to fit around my boots. They are all pretty much slim fit. I am very dissatisfied and will no longer shop Jcpenney if they aren't correct soon.

Comment (0)

About a week ago me and a friend was at the lexington ky location trying to complete school shopping and the entire time we where there we where being followed the entire time from either two sales associates or more. When turning around to see if they needed something they would turn around like they where working. Felt very uncomfortable and every time I tried to complete shopping the u would be right right behind us again. I was so upset I sat everything down and walked out to another store to finish shopping. Never have ive been in a department store or any store and been watched over and followed. All the years I have shopped with the company from kids clothes,women and men clothes to house needs I will no longer be shopping at any locations for jcpenney. With me being apart with a one of the biggest markets out there we know how to protect our stores as well as let the customers shop without having to look over their shoulder the whole time or stalking them. Very unprofessional!

Comment (0)

I have been going to J.C. Penny's for about 30 years and now you have these buttons that everybody I know has won gift certificates and I have been putting my codes on-line at jcp.com/Christmas since 12/05/12 and have yet to receive any notification to either I won or lost, where all my other friends have won several gift certificates. I get all kinds of other mail from other company's & friends so I know its has nothing to do about my e-mail site. I may just contact the federal trades commission about this issue!

I have entered 5 buttons of jcpenny I have won several times there is never any thing sent to me in a e-mail so I can print it off his has to be a scam the use to give discounts that was a lot better, everyone loved that, they had a lot more business ,now I don't care if I ever go back to jcpenny store along with a lot of other people I have talked to. I feel sorry for JCPenny. Their incompetent programmers and Chinese manufacturers have made what could have been a goodwill promotion a debacle. The button codes simply don't work. What is the reason for this?

Comment (0)

Unable to claim small gifts won by entering gift button codes. I think if you won and they have notified you by mail they should then follow up by sending you a gift coupon thur the winner's e-mail. Many people I've talked with feel the same way that this gift promotion by JCPenney is way too confusing.. I shopped more often than usual at JC Penney in order to receive the little buttons but have decided that I will no longer shop at JCPenney unless absolutely necessary. I have collected alot of buttons in the last week or so that will not go through. I did discover that the bad buttons all have an s in the code number. Those button codes are yrszss4 wwss93q 8saraqr 01szea2 ixssnrr fwssp1a f4ssp1d z1sze93 c4szs3n asss9s1. As far as everyone who has waited on me everyone has been very nice and very helpful. If there is anything I can do with these buttons I would like to know what to do. I do like the new look of the store but I would like the plus size girls department to come back.

Comment (0)

I placed an order with JC Penney on 12/13/2012 and was told it would be available in 4 to 7 days. I stopped in on 12/17/2012 in hopes it may have come in early well it didn't but the sales associate told me it was scheduled to come in on 12/20. On 12/20/2012 I went back to Penney's to pick up my order and when I got there they told me the truck was delayed until 12/22/2012, so it went from 4 to 7 days to at least 9 days.

I needed the order by the 21st so I asked the associate to cancel my order and credit my charge card. Imagine how surprised I was when he told me he couldn't do that, he needed the shipment to come in and I would have to return the order. I asked him to get someone who could do this for me and he called over a manager who told me the same thing.

After telling him I wouldn't need the order after Friday he finally did something and he told me my card would be credited immediately. Well after 6 hours my card is still not credited. I use to like shopping at Penney's but I will NEVER place an order with them, this was my first time and my LAST. Hopefully my credit will be credited SOON!

Comment (0)

I called the JC Penny located at Golf Mills in Niles Illinois. Everytime i call i get transferred to hear nonstop ringing. Then when i do finally get in touch with someone they put me on hold for 5 minutes and i hear someone hang the phone up. Then i call back for a third time and get put on hold again for even longer then both combined. All i want to ask for is if they have a freaking Addidas 3x sweater that i seen recently for 49.99. I never ever complain.. but this really got to me honestly. Anyways i know very little will be done because i myself worked at retail and know how this goes but its still lame and ridiculous.

Comment (0)

I have several buttons and it keeps saying that the Captcha is not correct when in fact I print exactly what is written. Then on the same button code, after entering the captcha at least twice, it will say the button code is invalid. It goes back and forth forever. I am starting to think that we are being used for this Captcha for some other reason.

I sent an e-mail to jc penney in regard to a problem I had on December 6th to redeem a $10 certificate. They never responded to my e-mail. I then called the number on the website and was transferred to the wrong department, however they promised they would have someone call me right back and again no one called or got in touch with me. I am very frustrated wth this Christmas button program. I hope to hear from someone before this program is over. Thank you.

When I press the audio button next to the Captcha, it sounds like aliens and I can't really here what they are saying. Something is very wrong here! Is this all just a big scam?! People win $10 gift certs here and there, but I get those anyway as a regular customer of JcPenny's so I don't see what the big deal is winning these buttons. They are like coupons that other stores give you without the hassle of making you come in for buttons. This is only going to enrage customers and possibly lose a lot of regular customers for JcPenney's!

Comment (0)

I have printed off my Jcpenney gift certificate 6 different times and the numbers under the bar code is not showing up. No matter if i print it off in color or black and white. It prints up everything else except the numbers under the bar code.

I have 4 Jcpenney Christmas buttons and out of the 4 only 1 has went through. What is up with this promotion? We had three winner buttons and they did not process completely; we did everything correctly and it did not holiday certificate verification.

I received 2 buttons during the black friday shopping weekend. I came home and entered the codes on my buttons. one was a 10 certificate and one was a $5 certificate. I received the ten dollar one with no problems the 5 dollar one never opened to claim my certificate.It had a message saying that there was a problem and the elves were working on it.

The button code was zbbddfn. I would like to know if there is any way to help me claim my five dollar certificate. Thank you for your time.

Twice i have got know responded when inter my button code it says check your email . When i do there no message . All the other it says a winner, are sorry you are not a winner. Don't know what going on.

Love the Jcpenney store but found the button codes did not work. I was given invalid code button or it was already used. So I'm sure this has been frustrating to their department trying to spread some joy this holiday season. Blessings to them.

Comment (0)

Your life insurance office sent me a card saying that I would receive a $10.00 reward for calling and talking to them about insurance. I decided against taking the insurance but the worker told me that I would still receive the reward of ten dollars. A few days later I received the gift card and the note said it was for ten dollars. However, today at the Paris, Texas store, I bought a shirt and tried to use the card. The clerk said that the card had a zero balance. When I got home I went on your website where you can check gift card balances and it said that the card still had a ten dollar balance. What can be done about this? Please tell me what to do.

Comment (0)

I am very disappointed in the poor selection of boys clothing, sizes 8-20, in your store in Thomasville, GA, and Dothan, AL. I went financially prepared to spend several dollars, perhaps $200 or better, for two of my grandsons. The clothes were trashy looking. I did not see any collored polo shirts, and the sizes I needed in jeans were gone, size 12 regular, original cut in The Arizona brand. The clerks were very nice in Dothan, AL, . They even went into the back to see if they could find any jeans back there---no luck. I have been pleased with shopping in JC Penney in the past, but not now. You will lose many customers if you do not correct the situation. There were several other ladies trying to shop for little boys too. I needed some church clothes for my grandchildren, not trashy looking attire.

Comment (0)

JCP has lost a fairly good customer because they have stopped selling their Cabin Creek line and specially the Cabin Creek Denim Boot Cut Leggings. I am not a 6' teeny bopper who enjoys having their pants worn below the waist and just above their private parts. I am an older woman who enjoys having pull-on, elastic-waist, boot-cut, no-pocket, leggings which give my 5'2" sort of chunky body a fairly nice look and Cabin Creek leggings did that. Now all you can find at Penney's are the "skinny jeans", rhinestone jeans, - pants that even look trashy on the tall 18 year-olds. I have been in JCP only once this year and I will not go back. I used to buy blouses, shoes, jewelry, pajamas and purses there. I will not go out of my way to visit any JCP store until the Cabin Creek Brand is back. I used to use the Catalog Department regularly - I am very disappointed in the way JCP is now doing business and I hope, at this time, that unless they change their merchandise attitude, they go out of business.

Comment (0)

Last Friday, I went to the JCP in Tucson at I-19 and Irvington roads. The goal of my visit was to do an exchange, talk to someone about a garment purchased approximately 47 days ago that had come apart under normal wash and wear and browse. The exchange and browsing were successful, which lead me make additional purchases. This may not have been the case, if I had tried to talk to a cashier or manager first. So, lesson learned on my part. I recently, since Thanksgiving, began shopping at JCP, because it is not the closest or most convenient store to go to, on the normal paths I travel. On January 7, my Mom purchased two Arizona Jean company tee shirts, blue and green.

On the back of the neck of the blue one, the stitching has begun to unravel on the seam, for approximately 5 inches. This is the garment I spoke with the cashier about. He said he would go back to the department and get a tee with a tag. He helped another customer at the register next to me, then went back to the department, as it was unclear which receipt it was purchased on. When he returned, he looked at a few things at the register and then went back to the department.

Upon returning the second time, he had a similar shirt. He said that it had the new logo on it and the one that I was trying to return was pre- new logo. At this point, it had been quite a while and I was frustrated, as it seemed to me, by his response, that he felt I was being dishonest. He, "Expert" per his nametag, was not helpful. So, I decided to leave and write this letter. Since my visit, problems with two additional garments have occurred. On November 28, I purchased item 622/4701/010209 for $8.00, as a Christmas present for my daughter. On Sunday, February 24, she asked if I could buy her a new pair of black leggings. When I asked her why, her response was, they fell apart. When I looked at them, I could see that there is a 5 3/4 inch opening at the seam of the left thigh. On November 28, my Mom purchased item 944/3460/010502 for $27.00, as a Christmas present. I have worn the shirt three times since receiving it for Christmas.

Saturday, February 23, I removed it from the washer and was hanging it on a hanger to dry when I noticed a 3 1/2 inch piece was separated from the seam. So my question is...can I expect this to be the normal quality of the merchandise/garments that I purchase from JCP? If it is, there is no way, even with the better prices, that I can continue to shop at your store, as replacing garments less than or equal to two months of normal wash and wear is not in my budget. Sincerely, ~Jill Cooper hcooper504@cox.net

Comment (0)

I went into your Greece Ridge Center and Marketplace Mall stores and was VERY disappointed. I have been a customer for over 40 years and could always find whatever I needed. On December 1st. I went home empty handed. The Big and Tall mens department had no selection at all.

The jewelry department had very little stock. You discontinued your catalog (I realize people can shop on line) and I don't like the way you advertise your specials. Even some of your employees are not happy. I am telling all my friends and probably will not shop there again any time soon. You keep going and you will be closing all your stores!

Comment (1)

Hi I'm very upset with Jcpenney first of all i order 5 items on the 11/23/12 and i would wait for an email to confirm that they had all ready shipped my order, it was 11/30/12 and i called to see what is happening and it turns out that they hadn't shipped it yet i understand that it might be that time of year were every one orders things online but they should at least send an email notifying us that. Later on that day i did receive an email that my order was been shipped but they didn't even send me my tracking number with it. I tried log in in on my jcpenney account but it won't let me and i don't know if jcpenney erased my account or what ever. Jcpenney is very unorganized and that goes bad on them.

Comment (0)

I was told I won a $10.00 certificate from my code number (bsqcecp) I got my email mail saying I won. Then I clicked to give my info. I haven't heard anything more. I got this email on Dec. 16th. I went into the stre and talked with some people that just said they didn't know how to help me without a bar code. I hope you can help.

Please help me with buttons that I won (2- $10) and did not receive an email from Penny's with bar code to redeem. My dad is here from Arizon and they were his buttons...he is on a fixed income and could use these for Christmas...only two days before Christmas and time is running out..Please help!

Received buttons from JCP.com & put the code in & it said it was already used. I feel that it is a waste of time, time i don't have, then you can only do two at a time.What if i was a winner & don't even know it, me and my mom shop jcp all the time i do like shopping at JCP but these buttons are a pain in the butt. I do like coupons & getting a good deal but is it even worth it?

Comment (0)

Your promotion does not work! I spent 10 minutes trying to enter the two code words into your site, and was rebuffed repeatedly. It is no promotion if you anger a consumer enough to decide not to shop at your stores again this year!

I enter my buttons ,gotn3 certificates 2 of which were the same bar code, one of my other buttons were rejected because there were not 7 letters ,although there were 7 ,and spell the two words so we know your not a Christmas robot I typed in 14 spell me's till I was finally accepted, now for the button without 7 digits xvakawe, hello! please get me out of this Christmas funk,as I have read other letters of complaint, I'm not the only one this button thing is very stressful,an answer would be a ,lets say , a Christmas Blessing.

What a crock. Enter the number on the back which is so small it can hardly be read and then enter the two words "for safety" which are difficult to read and all I got was an "error" response. All my buttons are going into the garbage. More junk from China.

My friend told me about the buttons at JC Pennys. So I go in shop go to pay an I ask about the buttons. The lady said you can have one a day. So I got my one button came home entered it an couldnt get it to work. Finally I realized it said enter your 7 digit code an mine was only 6 . So much for my one chance. Here is my code. Pfmuy2

I made a purchase 12/13/12 and received to buttons. I attempted to enter one of the buttons today and a keep getting a message stating 'Sorry! Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7 digit code and try again.' I did this several times and the same thing happened. This is not the first one I have entered so I know I am doing it right. What is going on? Is jcp running some kind of scam.

Comment (2)

Wore Wrangler for year bought 4 pair of Arizona jeans thought theywere the best jeans i ever had.The first 3 pair ripped out in the crotch then the 4th pair ripped out on the back pockets.Guess im back to wranglers the arizona felt great but poor quality.

Comment (0)

I bought a Queen size 400 count sheet set and I've had it less than one year and the sheet have worn areas all over then. The pillow cases are tearing apart at the seams and the material is of very cheap quality. I love the lilac color and the softness of the sheets before they started tearing up. I've never had a set of sheets that torn up like this. I think I'm due a replacement or credit on these sheets due to the extremely poor quality of what I thought would be a good product.

With Regards,
Sandra Wolf

Comment (0)

I've shopped at Penney's for over 30 years, and spent thousands of my hard-earned dollars in your store in Plattsburgh, NY. When your powers that be decided to change everything from taking down pictures on the store walls, and stocking clothes that a 16-year old with a stick-thin body would wear (and the loudest colors known to man), I never walked in the store again. So disappointing.

I hope whatever your marketing strategy is now goes back to the way it was. Penney's was so busy here and I could always count on the store having my favorites in my size and color preferences with decent prices. It was such a pleasant store to walk in to with tastefully decorated walls.

You're really going to have to go big if you want me back, and I know several relatives and friends who feel the same way.

Comment (0)

I contacted the company about this and haven't heard back. I had nine buttons and entered like it said, two per day. Tell me, how can all nine buttons be "already used"? Every single one of them. The only ones I can think of who used them has to be either the folks who made the buttons or the J. C. Penney's employees and management who then gave the wnners to friends and family. Or, the wole thing was a scam. What else could it be? I read where some people won a $10 gift certificate but never got it. So the buttons are already used, if you happen to win (big if), you don't get what you won?! You know, this is aggravating enough to make people shop elsewhere. Put out "used" buttons and don't respond to customer complaints.

Hello,

After many years of avoiding JC Penny, because I have many times in the past wasted my time looking for my size in vain, today, I decided to stop and look around since the store has been renovated. Well, it was again the same old story, in a store of the size and name like JC Penny, I'd think that buying something so simple as a pair of slacks should be easy. But no.
This has brought me the question, is JC Penny against fit women, or fit and small? I know it sounds crazy, but if this mega store went through so much change recently, why not stock up and get eveyone happy, in another word cater to all. I am not that short, neither too thin, I wear Size 2 not zero.
I thought it would be nice a positive criticism, after all, you guys want to make the most profit, mainly when JC Penny has taken a hit in the last few years.
Finnally, Is there hope that millions of people just like me might be able to shop there again? Or should I walk through the store, only to get inside of the mall and go straight to a store like EXPRESS, where I know for certain, EVERY SINGLE time I go there (even though it cost more) I WILL FIND my size, and avoid myself the aggravation, because for me, peace of mind, has no price.

I hope someone could have the vision I have, and maybe it would even help the store.

Thanks a lot.

Comment (0)

On November 3, 2012 I went into a women's dressing room at JCpenny in Northpall Mall, Ridgeland, MS. The smell was so bad that I was very careful not to touch anything in there and would not let my bare feet touch the floor. It smelled as if someone had urinated on the floor. I used to work in a department store and heard stories of adults letting their children use the floor in dressing rooms for a bathroom. That is disgusting!!! I know stores can't control ignorant people, but you should make sure the dressing rooms are cleaned, even if it means professionally cleaned in a case like this. I was so disgusted by the smell that I told my husband who was waiting outside that it was time to go and I would not go back into that Jcpenney store.

Comment (0)

At one time I was a valued customer with JCPenney from shopping to clothes, shoes, home section to even buy our living room furniture at the JCPenney Home Store (which has since closed in Overland Park, KS). I live in Kansas City, MO and I am truly disappointed in the direction the company has gone in the last year plus. Every time (which is not as often as it used to me) that I shop at the store it is always in the process of being remodeled or has been remodeled. You keep changing your focus, your layout, whether you want to give coupons or not and it is frustrating to a customer. Yes, I am one of the customers that enjoyed my JCPenney's reward coupon and not this "everyday low price" (which it doesnt appear to be) mentality.

Customers prefer sales, they want sales and that entices them to come into the store. Maybe you should spend less time remodeling and trying to put out "fancy" ads and focus on what your customers really want....coupons and sales and for the store to not change every few months. I was at the store over the weekend and was appalled that once again it was remodeled and and that when you ring up my purchases I can no longer see how much it rings up for. The cashier has a hand held device that they scan so you are not seeing if something is rung up correctly unless you ask AND their does not seem to be much privacy when you are entering in a PIN for a purchase with a debit card.

This is just ridiculous. I preferred shopping at JCPenney's over Kohl's because it wasnt cluttered, was always picked up, has good customer service at the store, clean and neat but with all these changes I am not enticed to continue shopping which is sad and a reflection of your CEO. I do hope you have taken customers complaints seriously.

Comment (0)

Yesterday 8/14/13 was our 20th anniversary. My husband has told me for years that I could get a new ring for our 20th anniversary. I went to the JCPennys in McDonough, Ga yesterday. A very kind man by the name of Vince assisted me and I picked out a 1 carat ring. I told him I would talk to my husband so he wrote all the info down including the final price and told me if I came back and he wasn't there to please let them know that he assisted me. Well my husband took me back last night to get the ring. I was very excited--I have waited a long time for that ring!! Vince was not there, but a lady named Debbie was.

I told her we were there to get the ring and gave her Vince's card. She was very rude from the start with very short, snippety answers and then acted as if were low-lifes. I was purchasing a $1,550. ring--which is alot to us...but does not make us low lifes!! Well I didn't have my JCPenney card which is in my husbands name, but she said she would look it up. It came up but would not accept the transaction, so she rolled her eyes and said I can call and see what the problem is IF I must as if we should just walk away. I said call, so she did--they talked to my husband and raised his credit limit and said to go through with the sale. She tried several times and it wouldn't go through so she rolled her eyes again and said I can call back IF I must.

So she called back and after being on the phone for several minutes they cleared everything up and said go ahead with the transaction and when Debbie tried it, it refused it again--she very rudely said it is not working--There is nothing else I can do..Very disappointing to someone who was planning to get the 1carat ring I have been waiting for!! It may not have been her fault for the transaction not working--but she was extremely rude from the start and acted as if we should not be allowed to purchase anything. She didn't even want to make the phone call to check out why.

Then said oh well there's nothing I can do. I walked away from the counter and assured her I would purchase the ring elsewhere and I will make sure everyone knows I got it and why I didn't get it at JCPenneys. I have spent alot of money here over the years and I am very angry about the way my husband and I were treated in there last night. And it ruined a 20th anniversary. I don't know where the fault lies for not being able to make this purchase, but you definitely lost an almost $2000.00 sale and we won't be back.

Comment (0)

I bought a bunch of clothes online from your website. got it in the mail a week later. the jeans I ordered were different brand,size,color than what I received! I was told I had to pay for shipping to return them( not my mistake). than I went to exchange one of my shirts and the lady instead returned it and told me they didn't have any other sizes so not only did I JUST tell her I wanted the shirt even if I cant get it in a smaller size, I had to buy it again and since I bought it during black Friday/ cyber week/ Saturday sale, I wouldn't be able to get the discounts and would have to pay full price. I used to love JCP but after this in less than 2 days apart from one another, I will never shop there again. JCP should be ashamed in how they deal with customers. you want people to order from y'all and than during your one week busiest shopping day(which you had months to prepare for) you were way off your game! get it together JCP,.

Comment (0)

My name is ivy butler from mccomb ms i was terminated for the wrong reason under randall spears he is racist have favoritism he fires people because he dont like you. im the only black supervisor there and been there for 10 YEARS . Everything i do is wrong the others gets away with it . he should be the one to gets terminated i worked too hard for this company he is wrong now he gott promoted to layfette store

Comment (0)

I have entered my JCPenney's Christmas buttons codes and some of them say invalid captcha, also some say I have already entered or sorry it looks like your button code is not valid. I have also won three $10 dollar rewards and four $5 dollar rewards, they have not appeared in my email, they usually send it the next day after claiming the prize.

Its been two days now and no rewards yet. I feel like I'm being ripped off, I have being a loyal JCPenney's customer for years and I just feel like it's all a lye. I'm so dissatisfied.

JCPenney's is promoting a button program to win gift certificates, but the system is not working and it is very frustrating. I have 10 buttons that I cannot enter because it says that there is something wrong with my 7 digit code.

Then I will try again and it will say that the captcha phrase is not correct. This is making me really mad. I don't get a good response when I email or call JCPenney's. I wonder what is wrong with his program.

My husband and I have been shopping at your store quite a bit this Christmas season and receiving your promotion buttons in the process. I am quite frustrated by the lack of response on JCPenney's part when it comes to sending the winning certificate to me.

I am still waiting for two $10.00 certificates I supposedly won on Sun Dec. 16 and my husband is still waiting for one he supposedly won on Dec. 13 - $10.00. I have had 5 buttons that the contest site said were already used. I am very frustrated that a reputable company would be running a corrupt contest.

Comment (2)

October 25th, 2012 The reason I'm writing this now, I just found out about the summer associate shopping spree.
Back in the summer I had went into the Athens JCP store asking about the associate shopping spree. I was told that there was one, but it was only, for the associate who was working in that store. I have been talking to another retired associate and she was told the same thing. She and I both are grandparents and we buy our grand kids school clothes at JCP every year,. because of this we went to other stores and shopped. Today I was talking to an associate in the Tyler store about the Fall associate shopping spree and that was when I found out about the , above subject. ARE THE RETIRED ASSOCIATE NOT BEENING INCLUDED IN ANY MORE SHOPPING SPREES? I would really like to speek to a person.903-675-4556

Comment (0)

My husband and I went shopping and got a button it said the code was already used, also my mother and I went and spent way over $600.00 on merchandise and the 2 buttons we got the codes were ready used, how can they already be used when I didn't even put them in yet ? I've had at least 7 buttons that say they've already been used. I called JCP customer service and they said to e-mail complaint here. I threw out the buttons. after the last 2, I called. I shop at westfield in toledo ohio. My daughters who live in defiance and perrysburg and shop in their town.

I need 2 button codes for the 2 buttons that I tried to use but they have been used be4 I got these buttons. My $25.00. Penney's gift certificate haven't arrived yet. I claimed less than 48 hours on the 7th or 8th of December and still waiting for it. I have tried to check my buttons all morning and still get invalid. I called and they told me to e-mail at e-mail info@jcpbuttons.com, I hope this is the right site to voice my complaint! This is crazy having to e-mail a complaint! My button numbers are pw9q192 and a4np9er. Please e-mail me and let me know what is going on and if they are winners. I also can't believe I have to enter those stupid words again! Have not got any buttons like that. It was very frustrating going out everyday to pennys just to get 2 buttons and find they've already been used.

Comment (0)

I will never shop at this department store again. The corporation itself has abysmal customer service! I placed an order on the 25th of November, got an email indicating shipping on the 9th of December and when I still didn't receive any updates on shipping information, I called in to check...only to be told that they had cancelled my order and refunded me my money back because the warehouse had a shortage. Uh, where was my notification email? Are you seriously going to be providing such horrible service this close to Christmas? Now I have to scramble to find an alternative present because JCP was unprofessional and didn't think it was important to let their customers know about changes to their orders. I called into the main office and they were unprofessional as well. One actually hung up on me and the other offered me a measly 15% off as compensation. No, I don't want your 15% off. I wanted and expected good customer service but I guess that's too much to expect from JCP. I will no longer shop here and will tell everybody I know this story so that they will avoid this corporation as well. You messed up, JCP. Bad customer service doesn't fly here in America.

Comment (0)

I went to the JC Penney store in Evansville, Indiana which is located at Eastland Mall. I went on Thursday, April 4, 2013 at approximately 3:15pm. My goal was to go to the men's department and purchase a pair of pants for my husband. I went to the men's department hoping to find a pair of blue Docker's relaxed fit pants. I found the Docker's pants but there were no relaxed fit pants and there were no blue pants. I looked around at other displays to find what I was looking for. After several minutes of looking, I attempted to find an associate to help me. There was one gentleman who was assisting customers with purchases but no one else was in sight. I looked for a few minutes and decided to leave. I was in the store for 15 minutes. I then went to a competitor at the mall, found the pants in the style, color and size that I needed within 5 minutes of entering that store. I have been displeased with JC Penney over the last few months and do not plan to go back to JC Penney any time soon.

Comment (0)

I got my son's birthday pictures taken by JCP Portraits on Saturday, March 16 2013 and when I got home I realized I used the wrong coupon for the pictures, so I called right away to see if I could do some sort of return so I could use my son's bday coupon on these pictures. The lady I spoke with was very rude and was no help at all. I then wrote directly to them to let them know exactly what happened in case anyone else would be able to assist me, I haven't recieved a response, so now I'm here. I'm extremely disapointed in the customer service I recieved and if it's not resolved I will not return to JCP Portraits again and will be letting people know about this.

Hello,
I have been going to JCPenny for years and in June 2011 as i was leaving the store, manager April, who i know but am having problems with, started to say many rude and ignorant things. She raised her voice and start yelling at me which was def not professional. Mean while i was 9 months pregnant and was def embarrassed to argue with her in jcpenny so i asked her to come outside so we can talk it over. Instead of her acting like a women from the start, she decided to yell AT ME and at that call security on me..... You should tell your employees to keep their personal lives at home because since then i have not been back to that specific jcpenny. I use to shop there constantly buying jewlery, shoes, cloths but now i go a lil further to the next mall which has a Macys"s. Thank you very much for your time and i hope this complaint is one step in making JCPenny a more better and classier place.

Comment (0)

Went to JCPenney on Black Friday to return suit pants that I ordered for my husband. Could not exchange because they didn't have correct size. After finally settling on what they had in stock, we decided to order another pair of pants as an xtra because several events coming up. When we got to the event which was out of town, we noticed the security tag had not been removed. Not a JCPenney in the vicinity so had to drive out of our way that morning. Didnt realize the pants had a broken zipper until that evening. Returned pants, but didn't get another pair for one was on order. Checked on order while in store, but was told that it couldn't be tracked by my telephone #. Didn't have receipt with me, so I thought I would wait till later. After not receiving pants as we were told we would receive them in just a couple of days.

Called store they said they couldn't find the order to call 800# at bottom of receipt. No 800# at bottom of receipt. She gave me 800#. Called 800#, after being on hold for 15 minutes at 8:40 on a Thursday night. While on hold I had time to track order by myself. Website was terrible. Website was listed on bottom of receipt but not 800#. Entered website as listed on receipt and it came up as no longer a working site. Therefore, had to go a whole other route to track the order. When I tracked with the same # as I gave to store clerk, order came right up. It said the pants were just now shipped, should receive in a day or two, but that is too late for the event that we need them for. Very disappointed in Penneys. All these little things add up to a complete annoyance and I will think twice before shopping there again.

Comment (0)

I tried on a underscore 48 ddd in your Brandon, Florida store today. I usually buy my bras from JcPenneys because of how much I save on the bra. This time the bra was tight and when I tried to take it off I had a very difficult time. Also the Brandon store does not have a sales person in the bra area as I have shopped the JcPenneys in Wesley Chapel, Florida in the Wiregrass Mall and they had my size and there was some there to help me. I had a 48 ddd on that stretches but your bra had no give and barely stretched. I even tried to find a 50 or 52 ddd and this store did not have them. You should carry bigger sizes in your stores so that all kinds of women can feel comfortable to buy a bra from you. I was so disappointed in your store. There was no one near the bra area to help me. I use to love JcPenneys but my experience questions if I will ever shop there.

Comment (0)

I ordered jeans about a month ago order. # 2012-3445-8012-5510 and called about them. I was told they should be at the store. Called the store and was told there was a problem with the order and weren't there. This is a month and no one knows where they are. I can understand the store as it should be closed how you can take away 4 registers away on one floor during Christmas is unreal to me, but now your online ordering too?

Comment (0)

The "Spencer" queen size bed was delivered by a company called Excel in Ral. NC. Bed was ordered in store at JC Penny in Ral. NC. The bed was put together by the delivery company, midway thru the assembly they told me that the 8 screws that came in the package were too short & wouldn't work. They were shorter than the depth of the wood slats that were to be inserted into, which is the base of the bed.

They told me they're not responsible for rectify the error, & that I should take it up with the manufacture & they needed to go to their next delivery. I called the JCP 800# on my receipt & spoke with Angela, who said she'd send new bed out to me, & if I had any problems again (which I had had with the delivery company) to call & ask for her.

I called her less than 1 hr. later & was on hold for 12min. The person on the other line said she would give her my message & she'd call me back. Never heard from anyone! I'm stuck with an incomplete assembled bed, & very agitated & disgusted with this entire transaction!!

Comment (0)

I have always purchased my Levi jeans from JCPenney. Until now that is! I have always considered JCP Levi jeans "seconds" because they are never sewn perfectly;especially down the leg seams. BUT I just bought six new pair and the two 505's are totally unwearable! The legs and crotch are sewn off enough that they can't even be pulled up to your waist. And because I have never had such a major issue with JCPLevis, I tore all the tags off and threw them out in Mondays trash. I have to drive a distance to shop the store and don't plan on returning for some time. I suppose I will have to eat the hundred bucks I paid for the two unwearable pairs. We use to enjoy their selection of clothing, now they cater to skinny jeans, see through materials, and kids clothes. Time to pay off the card and say so long...

Comment (0)

I am very upset that after being an outstanding customer with JC Penney's that I have had so much trouble initiating an order on-line. I have copied the information. I would like to know why I am receiving "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors". Everything is the same ~~ nothing has changed as far as any personal information in order to place an order. My order that I tried to initiate is the following: SPORTS APPAREL 2499 Item# TS217-0136F -- Alabama Crimson Tide Youth Grey Tackle Twill Hooded Sweatshirt
Size: Medium (10-12)status:manufacturer shipped (ships in 1 week). Item shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.
Total:$25.00. Your assistance on this issue will be greatly appreciated. I have never had this much trouble ordering anything from JC Penney's in many years. Thank you. Carol Oakley

Comment (0)

On November 8 I had an appointment with Jessica at the JC Penney Salon in University Mall located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. My regular stylist was not in so I had the appointment with Jessica. I gave her great details about my fine hair and my cow lick in the back making sure she understood what I did and did not want her to do. She did exactly everything I said NOT to do. I was horrified with my short hair that looked so bad I would not be seen in public. I got my money refunded and demanded another stylist rewash and restyle my hair. I got a great girl who stated she would do what she could with what hair I had left. I called the next day and complained to the Manager, Judy Johnson. She said she would "talk" with Jessica and offered me free cuts until my gets back to where it was before the cut. It has been one week today and I have a bald spot showing in the back where my cowlick is which is what I explained to Jessica that I could not have short layers there cause my hair needs to be long enough to cover the cow lick. I am hurt, upset and devastated over my hair. Jessica needs to have more training in hair styling, listening to the client and should be fired over what she did to my hair. Refunding my money and offering free cuts does nothing to compensate me for the damage done to my hair. I want someone at the corporate level to know what happened and do something about it.

Comment (0)

In late-spetember of 2012 I called the Manteca, CA Jcpenney store to learn about a job application that I had turned in online at your main Careers page on the Jcpenney.com, the previous week. it was only 7 or 8 day's later when i called to inquire about the job, since it was still on the website career page. When I asked the human resource manager about my application and the position that I applied for, my reception was met with a cold shoulder and hostilite. The HR manager was extremely rude to me and lied to me saying "I'm sorry but we currently arent hiring full time positions". As she said the previous sentence to me, I was still looking at the open Career page for that store and it was STILL showing the the full-time store associate opening position. I'm very discouraged and angered that your store HR manager for your Jcpenney store in Mantec, CA would lie about an open job position to a prospective job seeker. I've been shopping at that Jcpenney's store for 3 years now, and I will never go back. If anyone ever asks me about working there I tell them to keep moving and dont waste your time.

Comment (0)

I am a big and tall person. 300 lbs and 6' 3". My pants for the last 25 years have been 42-36. The longest you have in your big and tall section is 32 inseam. 32" inseam is NOT tall. You should rename the big and tall section big and short. I have shopped JC Penny's over the years and this last year it has gone down hill big time. Your CEO may have known the customers at Apple, but he knows nothing of the customers in a clothing store.

Comment (0)

Several years ago I was detained at Dillards Department Store at the Imperial Mall in El Centro, CA. Evidently, store security thought they had seen me steal something and they detained my wife and I while they rummaged through the belongings we had bought at PacSun and Macy's. Ultimately, after being paraded through the store and treated like common criminals, we were cleared and released without so much as an apology.

So what does this have to do with J. C. Penney's? Evidently, this particular mall uses a camera system with facial recognition capabilities, and shares this information with other retailers in the mall. As it happens, we were not regular customers at Dillard's and didn't normally frequent their establishment. After our experience, we certainly won't become regular customers if at all. As it happens, we were regular customers of J. C. Penney's. This is where we spend most of our time and money while at the mall. However, that too will come to an end, as we have been regularly harassed and followed through the store by your Loss Prevention Staff. Since our encounter with Dillard's, we have been followed no less than ten times by people pretending to be customers.

To avoid being overly suspicious, my wife and I set out to "make" the Loss Prevention Staff and confront them, as it was becoming extremely uncomfortable and disconcerting to even enter the store. Each week, we would see the same individual monitoring our every movement throughout the store. When he realized he had been made, he enlisted the assistance of a female Loss Prevention staff member. She was even more obvious in her attempt to catch us "stealing" from your store. After she and he had followed us around the store for well over 1/2 hour, it was apparent they were planning to stop us as soon as we crossed the plane of the store into the mall. In an effort to make them "jump", I dashed toward the door as though I was going to run into the mall. Both the male and female agents dropped everything they had in their hands and lunged toward me as I made my phony escape. Prior to departing the store, I stopped, turned around and looked them both in the face. I went back to the counter in the store and opened my bags while your employees stared at me. I told them "If you want to inspect my bags, come over and take a look." I had my wife produce a receipt along with everything in our bag.

Instead of simply being caught trying to catch us. The female got rude and said, "No one said anything to you. I don't want to see what's in your bag." At the same time, the male staff member went off to hide behind a rack of women's clothes as though he had nothing to do with it. These same individuals do this to us on a weekly basis and it's really insulting.

If we are believed to be thieves by your Loss Prevention Team, then the appropriate thing to do would be to stop us and confront us with whatever behavior it is that makes them feel they need to follow us through the store every week. Or, they could even call the police and have us detained and investigated on-site. The real problem here is that we are supected of being thieves, not because your Loss Prevention Staff are competent, but rather they are relying on the innacurate software program wherein my wife and I were suspected by Dillard's of being thieves.

In closing, I would like to inform you and your Loss Prevention Staff, my wife and I are not, nor have ever been thieves. I am a former Marine and have been a Peace Officer for 23-years. I don't steal! As a Peace Officer, I can appreciate the need for Loss Prevention; however, at some point due diligence becomes outright harassment and needs to stop. We are now at that point. If your Loss Prevention Staff continue this pattern of harassment, I will wait until one of your over-zealous staff members attempts to stop my wife or me, and I will embarrass your company both legally and publicly.

Dennis Webb

Comment (0)

I placed an online order for 4 pcs--2 skirts/2coats. The store could only locate the skirts and I was advised to simply reorder with customer service. I told the clerks, customer service reps and the store manager that this was unacceptable. The customer service rep blamed the store as the items were accepted by the store and should have been there. The manager simply apologized, stating she had no idea where the coats could be. This would never happen in Macys or Saks. JC Penny did nothing to accommodate me as their long time customer. I am totally disappointed in disregard for customer service.

Comment (0)

To whom it may concern, I was shopping earlier today at your Polaris jcpenney. I always shop there and have always enjoyed all of my purchases. I buy all of my sons clothes there my clothes and my husbands along with my home decor. I have never complained about me service at any store until now. When I went to ring out with me 60 dollar purchase the lady working the register was very rude. I showed her my coupon on the phone and my code wouldn't pull up so a nice customer came up and said she had the same coupon and let me use it. The lady gave us both a look like she was annoyed then took it. When she realized that it didn't have a code she shove the coupon back at the lady and said with a rude tone this isn't a coupon. Then when the lady realized she gave her the wrong one she gave her the right one and the cashier yanked it from her. Then after she scanned it she told me my total. When I went to pay I swiped my husbands credit card and she said with a rude tone you obviously rnt Dustin. I'm not complaining about the fact that she checked that info bc I know that's a law to check for fraud so I thank her on that but the way she talked to me was so rude I was ready to leave. Then when I pulled out my card she said well the lady left so u need to find Ur coupon so I tried finding it again ad she grabbed someone else's beside me and scanned it an just seemed very flustered. I understand it can be difficult when customers rnt ready for checkup but she was so rude that I wanted to just say forget it and leave. I am very upset with my visit and think she should be talked to bc if she is giving this to other customers a lot of them will file complaints. This will make me think about shopping there again.

Angela

Comment (0)

It is now difficult to find a dress coat that fits me perfectly. The two men you used to have there to help the customers have been removed to other departments, or perhaps they don't work for you anymore.

It was very usefull to have these two men before when problem of matching suits and other dress utensils arose. When a collar of ashirt was too small or too long, when the color combination came for questioning; they were there to give out proper advise. Where are they now?

Comment (0)

On December 27th, I ordered six Fiesta ivory java mug dishes. I paid with a gift card and my bank account. When my order didn't arrive by January 7th, my husband called and was told they were shipped and would be here on the 9th. Then I got an email saying the bowls I ordered were cancelled, even though I ordered mugs.

I called on the 9th to see what was happening and they said the warehouse cancelled my order because they didn't have it. I am upset that it took so long for them to realize and tell me they didn't have the order. When I expressed my disappointment,your customer service seemed like they really didn't care how I felt about the situation and did nothing to encourage me to continue to shop at Penny's.

I also have to wait two weeks to have my gift card refunded. I expected more from your store. At this point, I am not feeling as though I will shop at your store given the number of other choices I have. It would be nice if you offered something o encourage customers who are truly inconvenienced to maintain their loyalty to your store.

Comment (0)

Have feedback for J.C. Penney?