DirecTV Customer Service

Contact DirecTV Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-855-802-3473

DirecTV is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services which offers more than 190 full-time HD channels1 in Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive programming, and the most comprehensive collection of sports programming available anywhere. It also offers the technology to experience your favorite content like never before.

If you have a comment or complaint about poor service, contact the DirecTV customer service number at 1-855-802-3473. The corporate office is located at 2230 E. Imperial Highway El Segundo, CA 90245 and keeps normal west coast business hours from 9am-6pm PST. Support is available for customers 24/7 online using live chat or support tickets.

According to the 2014 American Customer Satisfaction Index, DIRECTV is #1 in customer satisfaction over all cable and satellite providers. DirecTV packages include English TV Packages, Spanish TV Packages, DIRECTV+ AT&T Bundles, Internet & Phone Bundles, and Business Packages.

Common problems with services includes Premium Networks such as HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, DirecTV HD Extra Pack, Premium channels and other Adult entertainment. International Packages like Spanish, Filipino, Korean and Vietnamese are also available. Apart from these, Sports Packages like NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and NHL Centre Ice are also available.

Upset with DirecTV?

File a complaint here!

Reach DirecTV Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• DirecTV corporate office

• 2230 E. Imperial Hwy El Segundo, CA 90245

1-855-802-3473

A-

8am-5pm PST, 5 days a week

Top DirecTV Complaints

On October 5th, 2016, I signed up for a direct TV installation, account # 3653626. This was a gift for my granddaughter for when she visited, there would be TV, the time, the plan to stay at their address in Reddick Florida, was at the most a year. I wouldn't have agreed to the 24 month minimum service. Had I known this was a requirement, I would not have had the Direct TV installed! On November 16th I called and spoke to a female to cancel the service as the well water was bad, and they had to move. At that time she told me about the 24.

I told her that was impossible and had not been told or I didn't understand? She was going to cancel the service and notify the right department about my help, which she said would get back to me within 3 days. When no one contacted me. I called back and talked to Mitch. He was emphatic that no one could help and that my service had not been disconnected. He did disconnect the service, and I received the box yesterday to return the equipment, which I will do today.

I am very disappointed my husband retired from AT&T in 1985, I like to think that a company that they would understand circumstances beyond out control. I cannot afford this cost.

Comment (5)

On November 25 I called and upgraded my equipment as well as added equipment to a room. My appointment was scheduled for November 26 12:00-4:00pm. At 2:30 I called to check on the status, an employee said the tech was on his way, 10 minutes max. 2 hours went by, no tech, no phone call. I called directv to see what happened and the tech had cancelled my appointment stating no one was home. My family and I were home ALL day as well as friends watching the football games.

Directv employees refused to send someone to make it right and told me I should have been home. Even had a supervisor hang up on me. They ended up rescheduling my appointment without my knowledge to Monday, November 28 from 8:00-12:00 after I told countless people no one would be home due to work, but they didn't care because that's "the best they could do!" Lucky for me, I work for one of their subcontracting companies and the incompetent tech that couldn't do his job properly is one of my employees. so, if you ever have a problem it's obvious.

Comment (0)

In Sept 2015 was a promotion from you with together an AAA discounts rewards in the AAA Magazine. Because I need and watch (Fox, CNN, and at the weekend the Lifetime if it's not a junk movie) I took the offered cheapest package for $19.99 +fees and with an AAA $10.00 monthly discount..It was only a phone number to call.. I didn't sign anything because it was stated in the ad that this price is for 12 months with a 24 months agreement. On Oct. 31, 2016 you sent me an e-mail that my AAA credit card was charged with $54.29.

When I called you it was told that my $19.99 /mo. price was original with a $30 discount which I have to pay now...It is a100 % lie. Nobody told and no paper was signed. Furthermore it was told if I cancel the service which I wanted to do right away...I have to pay 12 x $20 = $240 penalty. When I asked about this other strange information.... she told it is in the signed agreement. I repeat it:: I didn't sign any agreement and during 1 year I called you once ... (after start).

During my 78 years I never had such kind of bad cheat or got so bad trap which is a real rubbery of the elderly citizens. I'm 78 yrs. old, sick with autoimmune disease which costs a lot and is very hard to pay your greedy $49.99 + fees trap price from $125/month Social Security income. I sent this complaint to you on Oct. 10, 2016. As of today I haven't received any answer, or your proof about $30 discount... or the signed contract with the $240 penalty info in it.

I have the proof of the above $19.99 promotion and the proof from Complaint list of Oct. 2016 so this would be my last inquiry before I turn to the authority for assistance against of you, therefore I would like to ask you, please discount my monthly price for your many times no service, or let me go right away without paying a cent penalty to you.

Comment (0)

On November 3, 2016, we paid our home cable bill. The account number is 65074391. The bill was invoiced for $87.94. Due to an error at our end we paid $8794.00. We notified DirectTV immediately and have been working with the call center to have a refund issued. We had one person hang up on us, and twice we have been told the check is in the mail. Several individuals have been very considerate, but can not provide any concrete information. We have been contacting the call center every other day.

The error drained my account and bounced several checks. I worked with our credit union to resolve the issue. When they were made aware of the circumstances they immediately cancelled all overdrafts charges and even forced several checks through the system. I love my credit union.

The individuals at the call center have stated several times that a refund will be issued within 10 to 14 business days.

Comment (0)

I switched to DirecTV under the promise of a Walmart gift card and a Visa card as well to offset the charges for cancellation of existing service. I just received the Walmart card, but direct says they never promised a Visa card. I am sitting here now with over $300.00 of cancelation charges from charter a s a result of switching services! I've called and been transferred to all of the below numbers with now resolve. The agent in Walmart was the reason I switched service and now this leaves me in a bad place and Direct is not even thinking about any assistance to resolve.

Comment (0)

I am tired of the way DSTV handles inquiries. I have been trying to ask so many representatives about my dstv rewards card that was promised to me when I signed up on August 5, 2016. Nobody can tell me where my rewards card is. I even tried to check my status online and it said that my card was sent October, 21, 2016. I am tired of your lies.

Comment (0)

I have been having problems with my service all morning. I have made several calls and get put on hold and then switched to a busy number. I did talk to one of the DirecTV service representatives after being on hold for 29 minutes. Talked to him for about 10 minutes trying to tell him the problem, he then said he would switch me to a specialist and was connected to a busy signal. I then decided to cancel my service (we have been with you several years) and was again put through to a busy signal.

DirecTV customer service needs help. It seem you are only interested in getting new customers and once you got us, well the service is crap. I understand you are having problems with some of the channels. I was getting some and followed your instructions to reset, now I am getting nothing. With all the money you make certainly customer service should be a priority. DirecTV locks people in for two years and then you don't care.

Comment (0)

In the month of October possibly oct 13. Direct tv was scheduled to come and install a 5th receiver in the basement. when the tech arrived he stated that he that he had a dilemma with the service order. He said you have 2 choices. 1st one is that we are going to have to drill a hole at the outside of the house and go through the basement ceiling tiles or 2nd choice for a one time $99 installation fee we can install wireless. the 1st way we couldn't do due to weakness in the ceiling tiles. I said since its just $99 we'll go with the wireless. He comfirmed that it would come on the next bill cycle. the installer tech made no mention that it was $99 for each receiver. Failure for the tech to mention this detail drove our bill up to $800 that we received on Friday 0ct 28.

This is quite a big difference from the $99 originally stated by the tech. Unknown to myself my husband called direct tv inquiring about the additional cost. He was more worried about the $800 withdrawl when the bill was due knowing we had few funds to cover a bill that we weren't prepared for(thinking he was helping me out). He was under the impression by the direct tv representative that he had no choice but to make some sort of a payment arrangement because that is what he was instructed to do by direct tv.

1st of all- I was mis-billed by $400 according to the installer's offer for a one time $99 fee with no mention that this charge was multiplied by 5 receivers. we already paid for the install fee for the original receivers and only wanted to add one. if the tech told us it was $500 for the one time fee $99 wireless we would have said absolutely not. 2nd of all when I spoke to one of the direct tv supervisors (referring to himself as Pete) said that when my husband Patrick called to inquire about the bill the agreement was made. In addition to bullying him into making a quick decision to make a payment arrangement they also tried to talk Patrick into century link versus Mediacom.

I was told by direct tv originally that Patrick had to be on the account because he lives in the household. Patrick is not capable of making any payment arrangement and is not even allowed to have his own bank account or credit cards. He is a 100% disabled veteran with a combat head injury that is unable to make financial decisions. the VA has assigned a lawyer out of des moines ia as power of attorney over his fiances. His lawyer was sent a copy of this bill that I am disputing. I'm not disputing the one time $99 fee. what I'm disputing is extra $400 that was charged to my bill without any prior acknowledge or permission from myself.

I will agree to pay the current bill that is normally around $262.00 plus $99 one time install fee to be withdrawn out of my account on the next payment due date. I'm requesting for the rest of the bill be "waved" due to mis-billing. A couple in des moines ia had 4 receivers installed in their new home 2 months ago and they also confirmed that their final charge was $99 after the same dispute. Sounds like this happens often with direct tv. I hope that we can get this resolved without any issues...thank you for your consideration. sincerely sheri ergle

Comment (0)

I recently cancelled our DirecTV service that was started in Dec. 2014-was cancelled over the phone. I was very direct in asking questions. What will my cost be canceling early? This is a vacation property that is used a few months of the year. It was a 2 year agreement that had vacation options-i.e. only being charged when occupied. This was cancelled Oct 1st, 2016. The phone rep stated my cost would be $180-plus making sure all of the Direct T.V. equipment was returned in 21 days. This was verified the return was recorded, which was good. My surprise was getting a bill for $289-my mistake was not getting a conformation # over the phone-I asked him for it. He said I didn't need it. I heard stories about this-now I know for sure-any help would be appreciated.

Comment (0)

My mom had a account with Direct tv and she passed away. I closed her account and sent her equipment back as told to by Direct tv. They claim they never received it and continue to harass me about money owed for early termination fee and equipment. She did not terminate it early, she died. The equipment was sent in self return box with a prepaid return label to their facility by me. When I attempted to speak to them after they called, they said they couldn't because I wasn't authorized to do so. I'm her son. Many other creditors spoke to me and were helpful, not DirecTV. I am know being harassed by them after they have been told not to call. They know she died as we sent them a copy of the death certificate.

Comment (0)

Attempting to disconnect service required calling directv 3 times customer service representatives put me on hold for at least 5 mins and eventually just hung up on me. Getting the service disconnected took about 15 mins 10 of which i was on hold cause application had to "load". DirecTV is ridiculously expensive for programming that is always the same crap daily, shout out to Netflix for being better than this money hungering company that no longer cares for its customers.

Comment (0)

I always got a phone call from commercial advertiser. So I never return and answer all the call. Today I just got the name Ryan B commercial support team call me. And like a usual I am not answer any question. Then he just shut off my tv channel. Then I try to contact DirecTV customer care by phone at 1-888-388-4249. But they need me talk to another dept. I try to call but is answer machine. I spent almost a hour to contact your company right dept. usually at least send me letter notice. In this case I am so unhappy. 5 years I never late payment and always on time. I am up sad your company no reasonable to take this action. So I decide to close my account and never use your company anymore.

Comment (0)

Ordered the TV and internet bundle through the Direct TV website. Agreed on a price of $85 a month. They came right out and connected the TV service, but no internet. I asked the Direct TV installer about the internet and he told me that would be done by someone else, he doesn't install the internet. I waited a week and called Direct TV about the internet and they transferred me to an AT&T representative because they had no record of the bundle. No work order is what I was told. AT&T agreed to connect me to the internet if I bundled with them, phone and internet, for $40 a month.

I explained that was not what I agreed upon. It was $70.00 for TV and $15 for the internet, $85.00 a month. I called Direct TV three more times with the same results, so I cancelled the service because they did not live up to their side of the contract. Now Direct TV is charging me $500.00 for contract cancellation. Direct TV did not fulfill their side of the contract, but yet they are charging me cancellation of an unfulfilled contract. I thought there was a law against crooked companies? Not if you are Direct TV.

Comment (0)

When is signed up in August their was a promo for a $200 gift card. I called in at the end of Sept bc I had heard nothing regarding my gift card. She told me I was due to find it it by 10/14, well I have received nothing. So I called back on Monday 10/17 and was told I would get it in 5 days. Today I chat to check where it is and they say that I have not qualified? Then she changed her mind and sent me a link to verify something. They said the mailed me a letter which I never received to verify the rewards information. I am highly upset that I have been lied to 3 times now and am having to wait another 3 weeks to maybe get my gift card that I am owed. I have no successfully completed 2 payments on time.

Comment (0)

Direct TV is the worst provider of all for service. I should have followed my first mind and never went with DirecTV as a company, but you make it so believable that I fell for the trickery. How is it possible to debit a person's account that cancelled auto debit? DirecTV customer care reps confirm that auto debit has been cancelled, but yet still debit my account, not once but twice.

Oh it gets better, debit it for the wrong amount. More than what my actual bill is for. And the best part is DirecTV claims they have no record of the payment but my bank statements show otherwise. So I spend numerous hours on the phone with the company and no one can explain why then the best part is the company has no record of my 39 minute call, but you say all calls are recorded.

Then to be told 4 times on all 3 calls to the DirecTV corporate office that no worries your problem will be resolved by the end of this call. It's been 2 days and I'm still waiting for my issue to be resolved. Lies all lies. I have no faith or trust in this company. This is just one of many issues I am currently dealing with this sorry ass company. Is there anyone willing to assure and assume and become an advocate for your company and get my issue resolved and with lies and excuses?

Comment (0)

We have many boxes in our home and we're switched to use the Genie box on a few, well apparently if you don't use that tv for 2 months? You must enter a new pin number. Why? So I'm paying for my boxes to use at my discretion and you get the right to turn them off if you want at any time? We have a tv outside which we get to use seasonally so this is bs.

Comment (0)

Called in to cancel because of to expensive. They promised a better price for 24 months with a new contract. The first bill was fine then after that they decided to charge me whatever they wanted. Called in to get a bunch of excuses why and nothing but lies. Was on the phone for over 30 min every time.And this has been going on for 5 months every month same crap of dealing with people who have no idea what they are doing ,this is getting very aggravating.

Comment (0)

I recently had my account reinstated on September 25 2016. My service is great but their customer service are the worst employees ever. I received a bill in the mail which was suppose to be paperless which I have always had in the past. They credited my account which I didn't order. They had me set up as automatic bill pay which I have never had & didn't order this either. I had made several phones calls to DirecTV customer service reps and each time they tell me my refund will be put back into my checking account & won't be there for 7-10 business days which they have not done correctly yet.

I have been dealing with this issue since October 2-2016 they always tell me this will be expedited back into my checking account but it will be done in 7-10 business days. Clearly the explanation of expedited is not the same as mine. I have had DirecTV for more than 5 years & have never had such poor service. If this situation is not resolved very soon I will have my service & go with Dish network.

Comment (0)

I scheduled a DirecTV ultimate upgrade set for Saturday 10/8/16 technician replied to company that no one was home at a single story Beige house with beige door. My house is green w/green door. Several attempts to have it corrected on this date to no avail after speaking with supervisor who stated I could not speak with a manager. Monday 10/10/16 technician stated on this date the same exact response, no one home at same home description.

After several calls and making contact with a manager nothing has been resolved.my address has not changed since I joined Direct TV. On both occasions there was someone at home waiting throughout the day.there was no courtesy call to my number as instructed. Using this technician service had been very troubling to me ada loyal customer. I spoke with manager Mr Jerry today as well as others and hopefully this can be corrected with some added benefits for all this poor service.

Comment (0)

On Friday, September 23, 2016, our family goes out to eat, and then to Costco to shop. I go to tv area. The pix on the Samsung 4K HD tv just jumps out at you. There is a black man in a blue Direct TV shirt assisting customers in the tv department. After he helps a couple (the blonde lady was a travel agent, and she said that the Alaskan pix on the tv was just like it is, because she and her husband, with her, just got back from an Alaskan vacation) from Athens, I ask him to tell me about the Samsung 55 Super HD tv.

He does, and then when I tell him that I am a Direct tv customer, he says "And that's why I am going to help you out." I ask him if the tv is easy to connect, because I am technologically challenged, and he said it was-just disconnect the wires from the old tv, and hook them up to the new one. He then takes me around to a curved tv, and said for the money, this is just as good as the Samsung. The pix was not as good, though, and I return with him to the Samsung. So, he helps me load it on a cart, and I buy the Samsung.

When we get home, we unpack it, take the old tv out, and our daughter, Amanda, sets the new tv up. I look through the documents, and I google the Direct tv website for 4K service, and discover that to get the service, you must have 3 things-a 4K model HR54 Genie, a 4K compatible tv, and either the Ultimate or Premium programming package with Direct TV. The new tv's pix is just like the pix on the old tv.

I call the number on the Direct TV website, and talk first to a lady who sounded American. She was yawning a lot, and when I asked her how she was doing, she said her child was up late. I asked her how old he was, and she said one year old, and that he didn't sleep well with her, but did with the gather. I told her what I needed was to have 4K service for the new tv, and told her the info on the website, including the HR54 Genie. She told me she understood, and placed my order, setting up my free installation for October 1, from 8-12 noon. She said that there would be no charge for the equipment or the installation (a "Customer Loyalty Special")', but there would be a $20 "handling charge," and that the total extra charge to my bill for the equipment with them would be $15.00 per month. She then said that she needed to transfer me to an "Order Confirmation Specialist" to confirm the order.

I then talked to this next person, who had a foreign (Indian sounding) accent, but gave an American sounding name. When he went over the order, he said that the First Lady had ordered the wrong Genie, not the required 4K model. He said that he needed to cancel that order, and transferred me back to a third person to place a new order. The third person was an American sounding lady. I told her what I wanted, and she placed the order; however, she told me that the equipment and installation would be free, and confirmed that the total extra charge was $15.00 per month. We change the installation to Monday, October 3, 2016, from 8-12 noon; and transferred me to yet another "Order Confirmation Specialist."

I then talk to the fourth person, who confirms my order, the free equipment, and free installation, as well as the extra charge amount. I receive shortly thereafter an Order Confirmation email. However, the equipment listed was not for the 4K Genie, and listed 3 different Genies, one a "4K Genie Mini." It did show not show the amount of the extra charge to my bill for the 4K service, so I called back. It was during the fourth quarter of the Auburn-LSU football game, and continued after the end of the game. The agent then transferred me to "Tech Support," where I talked to another foreign-speaking man who gave his name as "Chris."

I again told him what I needed was 4K service for my new tv, and he assured me that the listed equipment on the email was what I needed. However, when I asked him to confirm the total extra charge for it, he said $29.00 per month. When I told him that was twice what I had been told, he went to check with someone, and then told me that the $15.00 was correct, because we were already paying $7.00 per month per unit for the 3 receivers we had already. He confirmed the October 3rd installation date and time window. I tried to reply to the Order Confirmation email, but it would not allow a reply.

Comment (0)

From the beginning of my experience with Direct TV I have been placed on hold with every call for up to 45 minutes. I have been lied to, upsold, (convinced to agree to channels as free trial I really didn't want and guaranteed those channels would automatically be removed at end of trial period. I required services after installation but upon requesting services was informed subsequent to initial contact that no ticket had been created leaving me without service. I had arranged to be off work in order to be available for what turned out to be a no arrival event.

Understood my contract price to be guaranteed for 24 months with equipment included upon installation. was not told that the so called "protection plan" would be xtra at the end of some prescribed period of time. Difficulty understanding individuals due to language barrier. Voice messaging system is focused on paying bill or ordering services. When ordering system and services they are all ears, forget about it. Next call....State Representative.

Comment (0)

We use to have DirecTV service and after the contract was over we cancelled in December of 2015. My complaint is we keep getting called about every day by DirecTV billing department, sometimes a couple times a day. We told them time after time we don't want the service so they need to stop calling us because it is considered harassment which is against the law.

Comment (3)

Once again I have lost service while watching The U. S. Open tennis tournament and two football games. This is the third time today. When I signed up for direct tv I was assured there would be less interruptions. Plus often we lose sound on the television and have to change channels to get the sound back. I am less than a year into my contract and regret every day that I switched. Please help me get better service.

Comment (0)

I have been inquiring about some bogus charges for the last 6 months to no avail. The last "assistor" and I use that term loosely, said I needed to write to the corporate office. I did on 7/1/16, of course, no response. I called today, supposedly they couldn't hear me in the background and was going to call me back. Again, of course, no call back!

Comment (0)

I called Direct TV regarding the loss of local channels. I explained to customer service representative that fellow coworkers had called and had received discounts of 50% off the NFL ticket and several movie free 6 month promotions and other incentives. The customer service representative came back with 9.00 dollars off the NFL Sunday ticket and stars. I explained my fellow co workers went through the dame low offer and asked for the next level to obtain only what others were compensated as customer satisfaction.

This individual transferred me 47 minutes later the NFL ticket department answered and explained I should have been transferred to customer service department. After a 47 minute wait I did not continue. I have never asked for anything nor jumped from one satellite provider to another and have with Direct TV for several years. I have also had the Sunday ticket since its inception. So I am very dissatisfied that others who have been with your company far less time than myself are given exceptions and compensation for their inconvenience than myself.

I shouldn't have to argue to receive the same offers. FYI there are several persons who have told me the same thing. I look forward to a resolution to this issue. I am asking for the same as others not minimalistic offers and horrible customer service.

Comment (0)

This is the third time this has occurred to me because of DirecTV's mismanagement, laziness or downright lying. Once DirecTV has our money, you simply do not care what service we receive. DirecTV forces customers to give up at least half a day of pay to wait for customer service to arrive at their homes and then does not bother to show up or even call in advance. I apologize for not having the dates of the first two instances, but they should be easily acquired through checking their records.

As both my wife and I work early hours to mid-afternoon, your 12-4p appointment time is best for us. I was waiting at home on the given day at noon. Sometime during the afternoon, I received a call from DirecTV saying that the service rep was running late, but was still on the way. I waited. At 4p, I called back to DirecTV and was told that the rep got stuck longer than expected at a house and was not going to be able to make it to my residence. I told your employee that I would wait as long as it took because I was not in a position to take another half day off of work. I was informed that was not an option and that my only option was to reschedule at a later date. Reluctantly I did.

The second time was another 12-4p appointment on either a Friday or Saturday. The same thing happened: we were called by your automated service saying a rep would be there between 4-12-p. We both home ALL day and around 3-4p I called your offices inquiring about the status of the rep. We were told that the rep had been to our house and that no one was home. I pointed out the impossibility of that scenario as both my wife and I were in the house ALL day and we have three dogs that go crazy whenever someone approaches a door. We were told he left a card at the front door. When I told your operator that there was no card at the front door, she merely responded with words to the effect, "Oh, I'm very sorry; when can we reschedule your appointment" with no concern that the rep and/or her blatantly lied.

The third and final time occurred yesterday, 08/16/2016. A few days previous, I had called in to order a fourth box for our residence as football season is coming up and we host parties for games virtually every weekend. I have a cable already hooked up outside on the porch and just need one of the small Genies to be delivered. I was told that I needed a tech to hook it up, despite the fact that I have had Directv for years, have multiple boxes, and made it clear I was quite capable of hooking up another box myself. The process, as we both know, would take only a couple of minutes. Regardless, I made another appointment. My wife scheduled a replacement nurse to come in for her and left the hospital to get home in time for the appointment.

At approximately 1:30p I received a call on my cell from your automated system saying that someone would be coming before 4p. A short time after that I received two emails (on the email address provided above) restating and confirming the appointment time. Upon my arrival at home, my wife informed me that no one had been there yet; so, in order to avoid a repeat of the other times, I called Directv (around 3-3:30p) and got hold of the automated machine which again told me someone would be there before 4p and then disconnected before I could speak to Customer Service.

At 4p I called back and spoke to Customer Service. The woman told me, despite the fact I had received confirmations by phone and/or email that DirecTV was coming to the house that day, there was no evidence that I was EVER on the schedule for that day! I asked to speak to a supervisor and he reiterated that they had no information related to a service call being needed at my residence.

After my pressing the issue, he opined that through MY contact with YOUR automated service that day, some glitch probably discontinued the appointment! Once again, DirecTV did not care that a customer was completely inconvenienced and forced to waste a half day of pay, but out-and-out lies to them and blames us. Of course, all he wanted to do was reschedule an appointment. I refused.

I have given DirecTV many years of faithful service in both Houston and before that in El Paso; but I won't do it anymore. I'm calling the Better Business Bureau and will post these examples of your "customer care" and "service" wherever I find a venue. I can deal with mistakes, but I will not tolerate non-performance due to laziness and then be lied to in order to cover that incompetence. As I explained to the manager when he kept saying he "was sorry": "You are not sorry this happened to me because this has happened repeatedly. You are sorry because you have to deal with it. You don't own DirecTV and will pull your salary whether I am a customer or not, so you really couldn't care less if I quit DirecTV or not.

I'll bet if you own the cable company, you would not have let this happen or would have remedied the situation yourself." Pull your tape on this conversation and you'll hear words to that effect and that I never lost my temper of was abusive to either of your employees (as I'm sure they would use as an excuse if questioned about this incident.) Even if you don't care about your customer service, I would have though that with all the competition in the cable/satellite television, computer and phone business going on today, you would have hired service personnel that were at less competent enough to do there jobs to keep the customers you already had.

Comment (6)

Our bill has been incorrect over several months. I am constantly being transferred from one representative to another and must tell my story over and over again. Spoke to Brian, a manager for Directv, who assured me that incorrect fees have been taken off (this was on July 15). Received August bill and it is still incorrect. I feel like I am getting the run around and am frustrated by their lack of competence.

Comment (7)

I had two service locations. Ask for temp service in Fl while prepping house for sale. Direct TV rep said okay and then took a week to connect service. TV worked for two days and had problem. Took another week to get service man. Had TV for about 5 days in April. Canceled service and sold house. Later Direct TV billed my credit card $500 plus for early cancellation. Told original guy it was for short time, was paying $ 200 per month. in Indiana for several years and he said it would be okay. Not going to pay and want a credit.

Comment (3)

I have had a problem with the phone and online directv personnel telling me untruths so I ended my service. I was a customer for over 20 years. I will explain by telling the full story. I made an over payment on my final bill for $88.24. I called to their office to get 1 shipping box and 2 shipping labels. They sent 1 box and 1 label. I thought I might be able to send the old receiver with the new receiver back with 1 label but the USPS wouldn't do it. I took it on myself to purchased a shipping label for $14.90.

I immediately told directv what I had done and they put the $14.90 back on my debit card. Directv then turned around and took the $14.90 from my refund leaving me with $73.34. I brought their attention to that and so far they have cheated me out of my $14.90.I have tried every thing I can do to get that little bit of money they cheated me out of but it doesn't work. their help sie chat site or any of the rest of their computer so called help section is completely designed not to help you, It should be called the put you off section.

Comment (0)

I recently returned to direct TV. The installer was great. I was told that I had to have a new pole installed and a date was set. The installers arrived on set date. No. more than 2 minutes after their arrival the service went off. I asked them if they had disconnected the service and they replied no. I informed them that I had an appointment for which they replied they would call a technician who could repair the problem from his office. When I arrive back home I had no service and they had not installed the pole for the dish. This remind me of why I left Direct TV and has me thinking about leaving again. I have not had service since Friday and no one has called.

Comment (0)

I paid my bill a month in advance and now they're trying to charge me again and won't tell me where that payment went this is the third time I've had problems with my bill with them and now they're going to take double out of my checking account again. I just want to be rid of them without paying the early termination they are the worst people to get a hold of they put you on hold two or three times and let you on hold. Then I told them that they violated the contract and I wanted to drop them he told me he'll fill out a form he put me on hold and hung up on me so now they cheated me out of a month payment and I had my phone with them so I'm afraid to take my phone and shut it off

Comment (0)

First a technician comes to my home and checks for a signal. He says due to tree in way cannot get one. I then call a tree guy, and arrange for a second technician to come out. This way they can decide which branches need to be cut. They give me an 8am-12pm time frame. At 10:15 i get a call stating he will be 45 minutes late, so here in america (east coast) that means by 12:45 pm. At 12:53 i get a text stating tech will arrive between 1 and 1:30 pm. At 1:27 the tech calls and says I will be there in about another 30-40 minutes.

The technician then pulls apart the curtains under my mobile home to see where he will need to connect. He goes to his truck, gets his equipment, digs a hole, pours the cement, sets the pole, then chats with us for 20 minutes while cement dries. He then uses his sat. finder again and now says, my equipment must be faulty, I should have been over another few feet.

You just hire them, for all i know the guy was homeless and stole the van, all it says is direct tv, no sub company name on it. Then i tell them I got the number and name of the guy who said he will be here Monday call him. They refuse. No wonder the rest of my development has dish network. Like my 70 year old neighbor needs to dig the hole to show proof of pole or me with heart failure, double bi-pass and valve, plus diabetes and neuropathy should.

Comment (0)

We just set up service with Direct T.V. And when the service gentleman came to install he only had 4 receivers and I told him we should have 5. I told him that we added when we added our home phone and that we gave a credit Card # for a one time fee of 49.99 and it should be $7 per month after. He said his work order only had 4 on it so at that time I pulled up my bank account and they charged us for the home phone but not the 5th reciever. The service guy said he would put it in his notes and to call and that the would add a 5th one and get someone back out. Long story short I called back I was transferred 5 times and on hold the majority of the 2 hours I was on the phone then to be told they would not honor the 49.99 price it would cost 69.99 to 99.99.

I explained that I should not have to pay extra because they forgot to bill and send the receiver. Basically the guys I talked found it hard to believe that they had made that mistake and made me feel like I was a liar. Well with that being said you guys made mistakes on my account because at 8:00am on 6/16/16 a service guy came to install my direct tv but it was installed on 06/15/16 the technician was lost for words because my system was installed. Then a supervisor named Cory assured me that he didn't want to place me on hold any longer and he would check in to it and call me back today.

Well of course Thursday is over and no call. Now it seems like now that I am in a contract with you guys you could care if I received the products that I thought I was getting. My 8 yr old is disappointed that she does not have TV in her room and I am furious with how I have been treated and pushed to the side like I would forget and go away! Your installers are great very seasoned but your customer service people tend to make people out to be liars! I will not be referring this company!

Comment (0)

I cannot watch or record or watch a recorded show on my tv. they say I need a hdmi cable because ''your tv does not support this programs content selection"'.After practically begging the recorded prompt to let me talk to a human being I got a rep that sent me a hdmi cable. that cable does not work. yesterday they sent me another cable overnight. I'm still waiting to see if it will work. the cables come with no instructions and when I asked the rep what do I have to do to get a service tech to come by she did not answer.....call back if the second cable doesn't word she said. The first two times I called I hung up in frustration. After two weeks my secondary tv is still not working. I have had directv for 16 years and this is the way we get treated.

Comment (4)

One of my neighbor told me about the Direct TV so I decide to call and get the service, the name of this person was Carlos Martinez which I am very disappointed with him and of course with Direct TV for contracting persons like him. I asked Mr. Martinez to add a service on my house TV and internet one bundle, I asked him I need service on a casita I have and on a patio which he told me was ok I told him that I was having a bad signal on the Wi-Fi he told me that he was going to give me a free better router for better reception on Wi-Fi. he told me that a technician was going to came on Friday which he never came some body call me saying he wasn't going to came that day that he was going to came on Wednesday of the following week so I let it happen was nothing I could do.

My disappointed is I called many times and left text messages(he never call me back or respond to any of my messages) because I did not received was I was asking for and never give me a writing contract plus he set up my card with automatic pay which he never told me that was going to happened. I thing this is really bad from Direct TV to have persons like Carlos Martinez that are reaping persons just to add a new account to there accounts I need attention to this immediately. now I have to pay a early cancellation for disconnect my service but I wasn't happy with all of that. I think for a big Company like Direct TV this is not fear. I wasn't asking for free service. I need a solution for all this bad understanding and confusion. I honestly I am very disappointed and I need to know what is going to happened.

Comment (0)

They hooked up the wrong package we were supposed to get the ultimate package for 39.99 and internet for 51.99.Instead we got a first bill of 168.00 that said Direct TV was 89.96 and the internet was 69.00 dollars.I call Direct TV and got absolutely no help at all.Then I called ATT because I know they bought Direct TV explained what happen and they fixed the internet problem reducing the rate back to 51.99.Then Att connected me back to Direct TV because ATT said they don`t fix the TV part of the service.They still refuse to fix the problem I want the problem fixed now.Our account # 14830880 and I am enclosing the ad.I no they monitor calls and the way they treated me as a customer.

Comment (0)

If I could I wouldn't give Direct TV any stars for a rating -- but minus five. They hook you with a low monthly bill.. "Promotion" then your bill doubles then Triple it. And every time I call I get no where. Their told to cancel stuff to make my bill cheaper. Just to get the next monthly bill and find out it wasn't cancelled and the bill is even higher then the month before. Then I call again just to be told that I never called in the first place.

They say " I'm sorry, but I have no record of you calling!!! I'm like how is that possible? They more or less call u a liar..when they are the lair and a thief. Makes me wonder if they train their employees to do all this crap (fraud as far as I'm concerned) Round and round I can't even keep up. I ended up just dropping them and switched to another company. Direct TV customer support call's and emails me ALL the time. But their not getting another red cent or my time out of me.

Comment (0)

On February 9 a Direct TV sales employee Ashley Calderon, persuaded us untruthfully into thinking that it will be cheaper then what I already have. She explained that our first year would be $54/month and the next year would be $85/month. The day of installation we noticed all the sport channels were in Spanish so I called and Erick, employee ID# 100891557 changed the package and told me I would pay $70/month and gave me a credit of $419.60. The next time I called AT&T I spoke to someone regarding the internet bill and she told me she combined it with Direct TV and she told me “since you have a credit of $419.60 your bill for this month has been taken care of.” One week later I received a bill of $54 and I wondered were the credit they told me I had was.

When I called to ask about it and another employee Tara, employee ID# 442349 who told me she will not give me my credit and told me to cancel the account and even set up a cancellation on the 19th and told me to pay $57.40 and the account would be closed. She was the worst and represented your customer service in a horrible way. After that I spoke to AT&T customer service and I explained to them what happened and he told me that he would give me 2 months free until I solved this issue and got my credit back because he evened agreed this was wrong.

After that I spoke to Direct TV agent Synethia, employee ID# 454788 who was kind and tried to help me and only gave me $120 credit and I would be paying $90/month which is way more then what I was told from the beginning. I am writing to you to let you know that I am very disappointed in your service and very upset about how some of your employees misled me with lies. I hope you will look into this situation and help me solve it hopefully by giving me my credit back. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Comment (0)

When I suspended my Directv service for 2 months (travel), upon return. I saw my monthly charge almost double, from $46. to $89. When I called Directv, the agent told me the suspension caused the loss of promotional discounts.
When I initiated the suspension, the agent did not inform me I would incur a doubling of my monthly fee. Had the agent informed me of this extra fee, I would have never agreed to this. This clearly was gross negligence, or intentional fraud on the part of Directv's agent. When Directv refused to negotiate this matter, I cancelled the service. Directv is now charging an early termination fee. This problem is the fault of Directv failure to disclose. Stop defrauding the public.

Comment (0)

The criminals made fraudulent charges against my credit card and have been no help to get it straighten out.

Comment (0)

After buying a $3000 samsung 4k directv ready tv and spending hundreds of dollars on three rooms full of the latest genies you are telling me that I can't watch the masters in 4k because I only have the extra package and not the ultimate, well I am not happy about the greed you have displayed it is a real slap in the face to 80% of customers in my position.

Comment (0)

My "go to" channel for sports has been ch. 205 sports mix. It has now become commercial mix. Even the header is a commercial. Why is this necessary? Why can't you show the sports mix as it used to be without the commercials replacing them? Goodbye sports, hello commercials!

Comment (0)

A male came to my house asking about my name and saying there was an ATT phone to this address. Being somewhat taken by a stranger coming to my door in this manner, I was not going to give him information about myself. When I did not comply with some of his questions, he showed an attitude and I told him I would go to the ATT store if I needed anything, He was asked to leave my property and called me a "PRICK". I asked him for his name and he refused. He walked to his vehicle, a blue Ford Focus, Tag B123BK Utah. I went into my house and called a friend whose wife works at the ATT store in Sherman Tx. I learned that Sherman PD has had problems with this male before. The male went to my neighbors house and pulled into her driveway.

He finally identified himself as Chase Hubert. I used my phone to record our conversation and he was very unprofessional and argumentative. He argued that I did not introduce myself. I don't have to. Chase is representing your company and is causing citizens of Sherman to complain. I hope Direct TV does not represent itself in this manner. During our conversation, he told me to get my camera out of his face. He does not have a permit to solicit door to door, as city ordinance requires. When asked where his permit was he said he does not have one. He said he knew he was supposed to have a permit. After being recorded, Chase apologized, his apology is not accepted. He wrote his name on a Direct TV order form and urged me to complain. I was thinking about changing to Direct TV but not now. I'm sure this email will fall on death ears. This occurred on 3-22-16 at 1945 hrs.

Comment (0)

Are we the "only" customer that can't get signal from satellite EVERY time it is windy? We have had this happen so many times to us and have just put up with it after we call customer service. Yesterday it happened AGAIN and we called and went to web site. Can get a repairman on Friday at the present time. It sure makes us wonder how you keep all your customers if they have the same problem. We had an appointment and the following day it came back. We cancelled our appointment and once again last night it's out again. Just checked my account and we still get billed each month but it's making us think we better find something better!! Guess we'll check facebook to see if others have the same problems.

Comment (0)

Being billed for equipment services and your Philippines representatives rep does not understand your company policies and do not have knowledge of explaining to your customers. I need someone in authority to contact me asap who speaks English. I have been a loyal customer since 2002!

Comment (0)

Had a DirecTV customer service call scheduled on Tues., Feb. 23. Received a phone call at 2:45 p.m. stating that the tech would be here between 4:00 and 5:00. I made arrangements to leave work early to be here at 4:00 to meet him. At 3:21, I received a call from the dispatcher that the tech was here (40 minutes before my promised time.) I asked the dispatcher to call me back as I was going to call the office to have someone let him in. When I called the dispatcher back the tech had left. I called the DirecTV customer service number back a little later and spoke to Lori. She was outstanding and reached out to get the tech to come back. He refused to saying he was out of the area, even though he did not show up at the time that was given to me.

Being there 40 minutes early is not my fault and he should have either waited or come back at the time that was promised to me. Lori tried to get another tech to come out but no one would come out. By then it was 6:00 o'clock and we still have no reception. By the way, we could not get an appointment scheduled for 3 days and then to have the tech treat us like that is unacceptable and poor customer service. Lori set up and promised that the tech would be here on Thursday, Feb 24 between 5:00 and 6:00. The tech called and is running behind on his job that was ahead of me. It is now 6:20 p.m. and no tech yet. He did promise that he would be here as he gave me his word. Lori is great, but repair service leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment (0)

On on-going problem with billing and contract over the last six months. Broken verbal contracts followed the the absolute worse customer service I have ever experienced. I cannot find someone to make a decision. I would rate DirecTV less than one star given the option.

Comment (0)

My bill is always going up. I asked for a $50 credit against my $233 cable bill and was refused. I have been a customer since 2011 and never had any credits. I have the $75 plan and added 13$ for Encore and Showtime. Every time I ask why is so high....the customer service reps say its because you don't pay all your bill. I pay over $200 every month. I hate Direct TV and when I am over the 2 year contract I will change.

Comment (0)

After the AT&T/DirecTV merger, I was pushed to make the switch over from U-Verse TV to DirecTV. I explained that I was going to have to switch to Comcast if i could not make the switch over to a new customer promotion. The phone representative quoted me about $115/mo and said that was the cheapest they could do for a package similar to mine. Shortly after the install, I noticed that the pricing online was substantially cheaper and for better packages (i.e. $65/mo for DirecTV Ultimate and U-Verse Max Turbo). I called AT&T and they apologized for the misleading information and agreed to lower my bill for the internet $25 and upgrade it to Max Turbo.

They said I would have to call DirecTV to get them to adjust the price on their end, though. When I did, I spoke with a very rude representative who almost sounded resentful that I had switched over from U-Verse and was not a customer of theirs initially. I explained my situation and he told me he could go ahead and downgrade my package and charge me more for it. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor's name was Michael (employee ID # AQ3135 -- or so I was told). He was even more rude than the person I spoke to before him, saying that he could adjust the pricing but he was not going to because I signed a contract. I asked why AT&T was willing to make the adjustments but they are not.

He simply said "we have different rules" and essentially waited for me to get off the phone. I am paying about $90 a month now for a package with DirecTV Select when they are advertising one with Ultimate for $65 a month with $250 in promotional cards. It seems there is no concern over retaining customers. I will be reviewing aggressive promotions from other providers and will be canceling service ASAP, as the monthly savings in switching over will outweigh the early termination fees and will hopefully less profitable for AT&T/DirecTV than if waited for the contract to run out. I will encourage others to look into their early termination fees and compare them to the savings they would get by switching over as well. This is not only bad customer service, it's bad business.

Comment (0)

I call to find out why my bill increased and come to find out another increase. right now I want nothing to do with directv, and now they say I can't get rid of it till May of 2017, that's bull. They just seemed to add more time that I have to put up with it. I have two accounts with directv and hopefully can get rid of both of them. You just sway people in with free offers and bang the shoe drops. Very disappointed with directv customer service and will not have a good word to say about it.

Browse reviews of other Cable TV

Have feedback for DirecTV?