DirecTV Complaints Continued... (Page 4)

404+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call DirecTV corporate: 1-855-802-3473

I had trouble viewing recorded programs on our 2nd receiver and I called in about the difficulty and was sent a new receiver. Upon getting the receiver I connected it and it needed to be setup. The setup requires information I do not have or know and two (2) technical support advisors would not help me because they said I was not an authorized user. I informed them that my husband added me to the account and their response is yes but not as an authorized user to the account. One mentioned that this was a new policy. I told them I would believe that if I was added to the account my husband would have meant for me to be an authorized user. When asked if any notification came out to the customers of this new policy both agreed that it was not sent to customers. This is not a good business practice period. I have been on the receiving end of company changes where customers were not notified and guess who gets to listen to the customer BITCH. You got it the lowest paid employees of the company while the top guys making the policies and bringing home incredible amounts for their salaries make the customer service clerks life a living HELL. I am not IMPRESSED with a company that treats their employees and their customers with so much disrespect. I hope you get treated the same way you treat others. Happy Holidays.

P.S. It’s not rocket science to know that the account shows you sent out a new receiver to us, so anyone calling in to have it activated would have to have our account information as well as an account with DirectTV. I could see it being an issue if in fact someone called in to activate it and there was no record of a new device being sent out. Once again it’s not rocket science to figure out if someone would have been illegally trying to activate the product. Thank you for a wonderful morning spending more than 2 hours trying to activate the device you sent to me.

Far as investing in company that treats customers and employees this way, that’s not going to happen. I would imagine the Federal Trade Commission would be interested in Your business practices.

I call direct tv back and they said my bill was 89 a month I had no idea that they had went up on my bill no one call email they just took upon themselves to up bill. I told her I just made two payments in dec but I'm cable will be interrupted if I don't pay 93 by dec 26. I was mad as a customer because no one explain to me how much the original package was due to I had the promotion package at the time.

How Fo they no if you want to keep that same package or not without your we're about so now they want to cut service off because they made mistake as a customer they should not a bill off since no one never contacted me didn't not know that they can pick your plan an add more to your bill without acknowledge.

I has been a customer with Direct TV since the year 2005.I have been experiencing financial hardship since my illness of the year 2010.After evaluation my situation I decided that I can no longer afford the direct TV service anymore.I spoke to direct TV Representative and requested the termination of service. I received two boxes from direct TV to returned their equipments, which I did.I told the Representative I will pay them as soon as possible.I always use my debt card to pay the bill through direct TV automated payment system. I did not authorize direct TV to take any payment from my account at any time except when I called in and pay the bill using my debt card, because I need time to get the needed funds before making payments.On Saturday may 4th I discover that direct TV have made unauthorizes deductions from my account and in doing so have deprive my children and myself the funs we need to provide for our basic needs.Furthermore my account will not be able to cover all the transaction therefore will occurs fees and make my bad situation much worse.Please I am asking your agency to put a stop to this unfair practice.This action will cause great distress to a single mom who cannot provide food until the next paycheck.Please understand I am not looking for sympathy I am just stating the facts. Thank in advance for your help.

I have had Direct TV's satellite programming service since 2003 and have kept their service even after the contract expired years ago. Last month (October 2011), I cancelled their service due to bad economic times. Their agent told me not to make any payments until I received the final prorated bill in the mail. I had been using their internet-based system to make payments which required "my authorization for any transaction". The final bill was going to be paid when I received it.

The final bill was for $100.08 which was reasonable. Direct TV did not wait until they received my payment; instead, they entered into my checking account and withdrew the money without my authorization - this is an outright action of theft! I am the only one with the authority to make payments from my checking account (whether online or via hardcopy check). This is a breach of trust and actions of a company that will steal from anyone the first chance that they get when it suits their purpose.

This cannot be allowed to happen. It is a legal issue which the government needs to take action to prevent. If a company advertises a service option to pay via their internet connection, this does not allow them the right to enter and take your money anytime that they want without your authorization just because you have paid in the past using their internet service. It demonstrates that when a corporation is given access to privy information from their own loyal clientele, they will use that information to steal from the client.

Did they think that after 8 years of paying their programming service, all of a sudden they were not going to get paid the last $100.08? I run my own business. If I disrespected my clients the same way, I would have been out of business along time way. If I took the same actions as Direct TV, I would be in jail.

On September 30, 2012 I switched to DIRECTV from Time Warner Cable because I was tired of the cable company's repeated "Sorry, we can't do anything to correct our mistakes" customer service attitude. I regretfully feel I am receiving the same disappointing customer service from DIRECTV. I am a first time satellite TV customer so I made sure I had a list of questions written down to ask during my initial installation. I had a receiver installed in my bedroom which is the only place I had a television at the time. Knowing I would be purchasing another television for downstairs soon after, I specifically asked the installer about the process for getting a 2nd receiver. He went downstairs and checked the outlet and told me it was fine for a receiver. I asked if there would be any extra charge. He said I just needed to call DIRECTV to add a receiver and a monthly charge of “like $6 or $7” would be added to my bill.

On November 19th, per my conversation with the installer, I called DIRECTV to add a receiver and to my surprise I was told I would be charged $150 plus a monthly equipment charge. I was fine hearing about the monthly charge because I was aware of that however I was appalled to hear about the $150 charge for the receiver. I told the customer service representative about my conversation with the installer and the representative told me "I'm sorry Ms. Orange but our installers often don't know what they are talking about when it comes to DIRECTV policies. We can not do anything about the $150 charge for the 2nd receiver".

Well, that is unfortunate misinformation and a mistake on the installer's part that should be rectified fairly. Given my plans for purchasing another television that would need a receiver within less than 2 months after my initial installation, I surely would have asked the installer to leave the 2nd receiver with me on the day of my installation to avoid the $150 charge had I known the truth about the cost of adding a receiver after the initial installation. Last night I found a DIRECTV Equipment Lease Agreement online which does state the $150 fee for additional receivers ordered after the initial installation however this lease agreement was never gone over with me nor was I ever asked to sign one. This misinformation was the Installation Technician's fault and miscommunication that I should not have to pay $150 for. The Technician's ID number is MANCO40332.

I would appreciate if this mistake on DIRECTV’s part was handled fairly by waiving the $150 charge this one time because of your employee’s miscommunication. By doing so, you will have a loyal customer. If this can not be resolved fairly, I am sorry to say that I will be counting down the months of my contract and you will not have a repeat customer in 24 months.

In March of 2012, I called AT&T to sign up for Uverse and internet. They informed me that Uverse was not available where I lived but they had a partnership with Direct TV. I called Direct TV and informed them that I had my house up for sale and would be moving and specifically asked if there would be a charge to move and was told "No". I even questioned them because it seemed odd to me.

I would have stayed with cable and waited until after I moved. I was then offered a position transfer by my company from IL to NV. I sold my house and was living in a hotel for a month before moving to NV. Direct TV told me that they would suspend my service for 6 months since I was living in an apartment and did not know how long it would be before I bought a house.

Once I was moved into a house, I received a notification from Direct TV that I needed to begin paying for my service again. I called to have the installation scheduled and was told that there would be a $235 fee. I asked how much it would be to get out of my contract and was told $295. I argued and they said they could escallate my complaint and a supervisor would pull the recording of my call from March and call me back within 72 hours.

They told me that in order to escallate the case, they had to charge my account for the $235 and schedule installation. I told them to schedule it out two weeks to allow time for me to hear from the supervisor and resolve this issue. I waited 9 days and did not receive a call. I called again and was again told that I should hear from a supervisor any day. I told them to push out the installation another week. I waited 5 days and still did not hear from a supervisor.

I called AGAIN and this time I was told they could transfer me to a supervisor. They transfered me to a supervisor and she informed me that I was required to pay the installation fee and there was nothing she could do and that the supervisor is not the person to pull the recording from Mar and do the research but I would have to file a complaint on this website. In addition, I was informed that to get out of my contract would actually cost me $400! I asked why I had been told $295 a month ago and he said the other representative made an error. I am beyond angry with Direct TV.

I am tight with money at this time and I told the supervisor that I would like to do another 3 month suspension to get caught up before doing this and she said that it was not possible to remove the $235 from the account now. I feel that none of these representatives were willing to stand behind what I had been told or to work with me and allow me a few more months to come up with the money for this installation fee that I did not anticipate due to the false statements made to me.

I have not yet said anything on facebook or twitter about this but will absolutely be slamming Direct TV and definitely will switch my service to Uverse (who charges NO fees!!!) as soon as my contract is up. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would use Direct TV with the horrible customer service you have. I would greatly appreciate some form of resolution in this matter.

On February 3rd, 2013 Direct TV took an unauthorized payment from my bank acct. This "payment" has cost me hundreds of dollars in bank fees and I am now facing eviction. This happened once before with your company. On that occasion the money was returned and I received an apology and an admission that the money was taken illegally. This time all I am getting is a run around from a lot of people that don't speak good english or don't understand what my problem is. Trying to speak with anyone with some kind of authority has left me on hold or disconnected. This needs to be resolved, now.
Please get back to me ASAP.

When I called direct tv about a billing question a very rude young man told me he could not help me unless i wanted to pay my balance of over two hundred dollars I asked how this was possible when I had called the first of April to change to the 24.95 package he very rudely told he had no record of this and was very rude then hung up I called back and asked to talk to a manager was told I would be put on hold then transfered to a manager I waited 35 minutes to be told he was transferring me now.

I waited another 20 minutes then was hung up on I called back went through the same process this all started at 9 am I finally got a manager at 12:53 who was so rude she would not even let me talk she said I hung up on her they would not adjust bill they would not give me the basic package I ordered in April because they could not find the order and unless I paid the 200 + balance they could not change my package an my service was going to be disconnected the next day.

My service was shut off the next day and I recorded 9 calls the next day for payment I will not pay a 200 dollar bill when I followed the rules to change my package I can't help it they can't find it.

My neighbor asked me to watch there dog for them because, they were going to Disneyland. now, how did they get invited to Disneyland for FREE? they said DIRECTV invited us for free. Me and my family would also like to go. we ARE DIRECTV users- and always will be. Unless we don't get the customer advantage they did. We also respect your service, we just think its unfair? thank you and hopefully we get a response before sat. 16

Just got TW cable with internet. Had DirecTV and dial-up prior. Since my DirecTV could not find the signal(again) I made the decision to go with cable and get the internet also. Dial-up was ok for me for a long time but in the last 3 months or so the speed was somewhere between 16 and 31 kbps. So I get all installed, minor problem with the internet modem which was replaced. My main issue is with the Favorite channels option.

It only scrolls thru channels one by one to see what is on and no way to see future programs of only favorites. To compare, with DirecTV I was able to create and use 2 favorites lists and select either one in a "guide" mode so I didn't have to page thru all the channels to look ahead. This is very annoying.

I have Direct TV in 2 states. I have been a Direct TV cutomer for a long time. The customer service has declined exponentially. I requested the NFL package in my South Carolina home. Customer servise said yes I have it and referred me to technical. Technical insisted that I never ordered it and was extremely rude about the entire conversation.
I now know why Diect TV makes you sign up for 2 years. It's because their employees are disrespectful and rude. Since you can't leave them for 2 years--they really don't care how you feel.

I couldn't believe what my babies were watching on "their" channel. I heard the foulist words and discussions about sex coming from my kids TV.. This show belongs on another channel. What in the world prompted Nick to put this kind of show on? If this continues I will cancel ALL of my Nick shows. There are plenty of other channels for this kind of discussions between women but it does NOT belong on my grandchildrens favorite channel. I don't even want to know what will come next. Every parent & grandparent in our area is disgusted. PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE OR WE WILL!!!!!!!

WTF is up with DirecTV not carrying the Lakers games? We have a 93-year-old in our house - this may be her last season - and she can't watch the Lakers because of stupid political disputes. Get your sh*t together and do it now. And no, it doesn't help that you "rewarded loyal customers" with free NFL Season passes, now that I know it was about bribing us to stay with you for a year before the Lakers season started. I have paid so much money for the nba leauge pass and I can't watch any of the lakers game what type of crap is that. I hope direct tv loses alot of customers for this

i let my ex girlfriend use my bank card to pay her bill for a one time payment. after a month or so past i found out that direct tv was still taking money out of my account for her bill, i spoke with(dawn) and told her what happen. she called direct tv and talked to a customer service rep, and he told her that the card would be taken off of her account. on 8-15-2013 i found out that direct tv is still taking money out of my account for dawn's bill. i did'nt authorize direct tv to take money from my account. due to this money being taken out of my account, i have not been able to pay my car note.or my car insurance. i spoke with a direct tv rep and was told that it would take 7 to 10 days to return my money to my account.that hasn't happen im now being told that because the address on the card is the same on the direct tv account it has been denied. i do not live at that address any more, i lived there after hurricane katrina and used that as a secure address to get my mail. i haven't lived there since 2008 and ms. wilson just got her direct tv service i beleive in 2012. i need to have this issue resolved asap, before my car is repossesd for non payment due to direct tv taking money from my account that i did not authorize, and to also take money from my account which ms. wilson name is not on. can someone please contact me about this as soon as possible. my cell number is 504 329-3896.

It has taken Direct TV 3 months to get a change made on my account. I called in July to downgrade my service it is now October and I'm still being charged the same amount. On top of that they are charging me $125 per receiver box (2) that I called to disconnect and NEVER received the box to return them in. Come to find out they were sending it to the address I lived a year ago even though the rep "confirmed" my address. They have no accurate notes to go by and I'm stuck having to call them every month and spend about an hour each time trying to get this resolved....each time I get the same answer, that it is now taken care of and I should have no further problems. LIES!! I'm so sick of Direct TV!!!

Well I am new to direct TV, so new I am getting ready to pay my second bill. First I did not appreciate all the wires that ware left exposed after my install. Now on this date Oct. 27, 2012 I am not getting any service. So, I go through all the steps that my box recommend. After several attempts and several failed attempts I called customer service. Well at this time I go through the same attempts as be for. Well after doing what customer service asked me to do on the inside. Customer service asked me to go outside and check the dish. See if I can move it or if it has been moved. Shouldn't I be getting paid for doing there job. Well now I am with out direct TV service until Monday! Sure is funny they want there payment on time but the paying customer has to wait ! This is bull!

We recently had Dirct tv installed and was offered a "package" deal which included free movie channels for 3 months and free NFL Ticket. The installer showed me where the NFL games were, (channel 700s)and told me to enjoy the games on Sunday. Well, Sunday came but I did not have access to NFL Ticket. I also do not have the free movie channels as promised. When I complained to them, they lied and said they had not promised those things in my package.

They said we were locked in to a 2 year contract and there was nothing they could do about it. Funny enough, they let my wife make an agreement over the phone to alter the contract by paying more each month, but would not allow us to add the NFL Ticket we were promised the first time. I HATE to be lied to.....Sign up with Direct tv....you WILL be lied to!

I rented my house in 2010. The tenant without my permission signed with directv who put their antenna on the roof. This damages the roof. When I moved into my house in 2012 I signed with directv and asked them to move the antenna from the roof to the side of the house and repair the damage.

They did not do this. Since I am having a new roof put on i figured now would be a good time to move the antenna. Now directv wants a $50 fee to move the antenna. In other words directv wants to charge me to move an antenna they never had my permission to place on the roof to begin with

I felt cable was too expensive and so decided to try DirecTV. Not sure who to complain to for DirecTV in Dayton, OH. I felt mislead when I saw their website. It specifically said that: free professional installation! No equipment to buy! No start-up costs! I scheduled a time for them to come out and install the service.

When the installation guy came out, he came running up to me like he was angry and looking for a fight. I would like to say his name was Joyce because he was acting like a real bitch. His actual name was Jason Wilson. He looked around and then charged me $7.15 for a metal pole and after talking with the maintenance guy, he brought over a metal tripod. He said I was lucky because they cost about $80 and the maintenance guy gave that one to me for him to install DirecTV.

Didn't their website say, no costs, free installation. He was messing with my phone and I told him to leave the phone chord alone. He said he was just trying to help me out. He then did the installation and asked to see my internet service. He said he didn't think he could install the service. Later he told me that I had all the channels more than 285+. Later I found out that he never hooked up the internet service and I had none of the OnDemand channels.

I called the company and first they said it takes 24 hours for all the channels to load. After 24 hours, I called back and they said, they would look into. After I told them he did not hook up the internet service. They said they would send someone else out to hook it up. Someone later called me from the company and told me they could not hook up the internet service without a router. They said they don't carry or service routers. Didn't their website say no costs and free installation? They told me to go out and buy a Linksys Router.

He sounded like he was laughing which irritated me even more. Didn't their website say no costs and free installation? I told him that it was not the service that was promised to me and no one told me about having or getting a router and that he had aleardy charged me $7.15 for a metal pole that he used to put the dish on, it's not like I'm going to take that pole with me any where. I told him if they could not get the service to me the way it was advertised, they needed to come and take the service completely out of my home because I will not accept partial service of what was promised to me. After going a few rounds with him, I called DirecTV and someone else told me that I did not need a router and that they could do a hard line installation and all I needed was an open ethernet port.

Someone else from the company later called and told me that I needed a router. So, I told him I would look around for router and call them to come back and complete the installation. I am looking for a router now but I am so angry, I can't sleep and decided to follow up and write a few letters of complaints. Not sure who to send the complaint letter to here in the midwest. False and misleading advertising is illegal. If they can't provide the service offered in their advertisement then it becomes a breach of contract by their not living up to their promises on their website and in their own contract, if they fail to perform the services provided, they have breached the contract and that opens room for contract cancellation. I am not happy. Upset that I had to deal with very unpleasant individuals, people lying to me and feeling robbed.

I talked to Brandon on October 23, 2012 to ask about renewing my service with Direct TV. Brandon said the new cost would be $68.99 per month TOTAL. I got my first bill and I was billed $89.47. I tried to resolve by phone and talked to Emannuel, Shonta, Erica, Michael, another Michael, and Betty. They refuse to change to their original committment. They all quote this offer and that offer, but they are no help and all say they cannot access the original person's committment. Conveniently, they all say they cannot go back to the original person I talked to and curiously, their computer screens do not show how much Direct TV committed charging. It seems the scheme is to quote one price to get you to sign up and charge you another and say the customer must be wrong. I am very frustrated. If I cancel and return their receivers, they claim to charge exorbitant cancellation fees. Can anyone help?
Jay Cano

Skip in Audio Have gone thru connect and checking for loose cables several times and now getting a tech to come out and check or replace receiver. After five or six calls and talking to reps. all over the U.S. no help. I called to cancel my service and the rep. is going to send me a replacement receiver will have to see if this takes place as promised. Direct TV's service is almost 0-0-0, after the holidays I will change service and maybe even go back to terrible Cox Cable thier service is better than Direct.

When is Direct going to figure it out that one person must follow thru on the complaint until it it is taken care of and be responsible for the complaint. Direct is so big now that every thing gets lost but the 1st time sale. I know my $120 per mo. will not hurt Direct Giant but maybe a million will. Net Flex paid no attention to the customer and look what happened. Some people has got to have Direct TV. but I don't. Good bye after the holidays.

We purchased Direct Tv with the understanding we would have available one free move within our two year contract. This did not depend on bill paying history or after one year of service. We asked the sales rep from Sam's club these questions, he assured us that we would be able to do a move for free. We had asked this do to the fact of a potential job transfer. Well we had to move to another state. Now Direct Tv wants to charge a $100 fee not free to transfer service. This would not be an issue however when we were told it was for free and assured it.

Now it is an issue. Does anyone have a really good number to Direct Tv to truly voice a complaint? Oh and they said they would get back with me right away, lol that was two weeks ago. I guess I call the FTC and FCC like i've had to with Sprint.

I want to tell you that my experience with Directv has been absolutley terrible since August of 2012. I have had to call you every single month since then about my bill. Everytime I speak to someone and ask on that day if I pay this full amount will my next bill be normal next time. I've been assured countless times that my bill would be current and up to date.

Every single bill I get has a past due amount. I can't get out of this loop. I'm stuck in this damb contract but I can assure you I will tell all who will listen to stay away from Directv and tell them my nightmare with your company. My father has the same problem. Thank you.

My account number is 75886804, Rhonda Piasecki.

My December January bill was 125 dollars in change. I called an. Asked for an extension until February first to pay the 125. Unfortunately recently I had had credit card fraud done against me and it's taken several weeks to be able to get my information straight back out. During this time supervisor McKayla in the Philippines number 109693.

Unfortunately I was in a debilitating car accident in 2001 show I am NOT able to run to the Walmart store has she suggested I do to make the 23 dollar payment unfortunately I don't drive my left leg is paralyzed parsley I'm unable to walk I've had hip replacements I'm in severe pain. And this lady made fun of me like it it's funny to be disabled you know if I had the same abilities is other people it wouldn't be an issue for me also I did was ask for a grace. 10 days I've seen them do it for 100 of other people I still haven't got credits back on my account from movies that I rented for things that haven't worked.

I have never been so ashamed of an American company who is sublet your customer service out to a country to where they don't even pay for minimum wages to the females that answer the phone and the ladies that spoke to me spoke to me in a manner which was degrading and it's bad enough that I'm partially debilitated they they should have just neutered me while they were there.

Yeah just better get ready because I'm going to blog and I'm going to speak to every friend that I have and I am signed up 5 new clients with y'all in the last several months and I am going to ensure that they know how you treated for disabled person who is in a wheelchair who can't even walk or defend themselves but it it I hope it makes you feel big to bully sick disabled people. God will punish all who hurt their children and I'm fortunately your people don't deserve any respect whatsoever I hope you and everyone of them.

Next time you take a shower just think about how much freedom it is to be able to do it by yourself where I have to have 2 people help me so I'm completely naked in front of a 2 people do grated and have to have them clean me because I'm not able to

DVR resets every 90 minutes and now is non-functioning. Called customer service talked to 8 different people before I got approval for a new DVR but only if I would pay shipping and handling or subscribe to a monthly protection plan. I have been a customer for over 9 years and they refused to waive the fee even when they admitted to the terrible customer service. I was only asking for them to waive 19.99, is my satisfaction as their loyal customer worth so little. The supervisor I last spoke with told me my only recourse was to write a letter to the Office of the president of DIRECTV.

I feel as though I have been scamed. Direct TV installed last week. The equipment never worked correctly. I called and they troubleshooted for me but it still would not work. They made an appt. for a tech to come over on a Friday he never showed up. I called and was told they "got hung up at another appt." and that I would be the first appt. on Monday. They still did not show up at 8 am. I called and they said he would be here at 10. I called again. To say this is not working and I don't want it...I was told I would have to pay a cancellation fee of $480.00. I feel scammed. I will follow through with the attorney generals office.

In october of 2010, i had moved into my new house and got set up with direct tv, but in november we were robbed, loosing all of out electronics and etc. including the direct tv box and remote. my insurance company wanted a statement from direct tv, showing what it would cost to pay for the box that was stollen, and how much it would be to put another one in the house. the total was around $530.00 (and the insurance that i signed up for through direct tv, covered nothing).

I was on the phone with them for 4 days straight, once for over an hour, trying to get them to send, or fax me a statement showing what this was cost. i pretty much got the runaround. one lady said that they didn't have a fax machine and she would turn me over to the department that did have one, i was on hold for 45minutes, before someone got on the phone, and claimed that they didn't have one either. another lady told me i could go ahead and pay up front for the next box and then i would have a statement telling me how much it cost.

I didn't end up getting anything from them, and my insurance would not cover it because they had to have something on paper.
i ended up paying $450.00 just to brake my contract with them, thier services, was the worst i have ever had with anyone.

Direct TV sold me a package with 2 year contract July 2012. I was quoted $59.99 + tax by sales person. I then had to apply for rebates on line and had to have their customer service help me complete it in which I lost $5.00 credit for not completing myself. Now my bill is no longer $61.00 or $62.00 monthly it is more. I made no changes and my bill quickly went on up. My bill paid in 02/27/13 for March 2013 is now at $75.24 in which I talked to several people telling me one of my catergories under contact had gone up.

I then asked for recording boxes to be removed from home. I called tech to get them removed and was quoted money for removing boxes and also service fee. I am furious that sales person's quote one price and then more prices are charged and keep accumulating. My 1 year will be up July 2013 and I have another year to go unless I disconnect service and pay $400.00. It is very sad to treat Direct TV customers this way. They have done nothing but lied to me the entire time. I totally need someone to address this issue for me and I think someone should explain what final contract pricing means to Direct TV business. I work customer service job daily and I still value my customers and their business.

We signed up the Directv through Costco as my husband likes channel Goal TV. After half a year or so, GoalTV and some other TV channels we signed up for were not available any more. We called several services representatives to request the availability of the channels we originally signed up for. We were told that the channels are not available in our package any more. We decided to cancel the service. After many struggling conversations, representative from the DirectTV finally agreed to cancel our service without charging us cancellation fee.

Our cancellation is due to the non performing of the service from DirectV. However, two days after our cancellation, one service representative who claimed to be a manager told us that we are valuable customer and he has authority to include some more channels in our package free of charge if we can stay with the DirectV. We agreed with his offer. To our surprise, our billed increased from $45 per month to $ 113 per month with regular monthly charge of $ 79. I cannot believe that the business is run in such a dishonest manner or scam. Now we are going to request cancel the service again. Your representative stated that they will charge us $200 for cancellation fee. We are deeply disappointed and will never use DirectV ever again. I will also file a formal complain with Costco and other consumer complaint agency. Deeply sorry for how your service and business is running.

Years ago, i was given an option to purchase or rent a dish from direct tv in order to receive cable service. I opted to purchase the dish and pay a monthly fee for the service. This I have been doing for the last ten years. Recently I was told by direct tv that the service is being upgraded and my dish will soon become obsolete and I will now have to rent one. This I found to be very unfair. When the telephone service switched from GSM to the new network, customers were given an option to purchase a new phone or accept the phone which the company was distributing to its existing GSM customers. Why should I have to now discard my box which I paid for? If you are changing the system, why not offer me an upgraded box?

In addition, I always pay my bill in advance and I was paid up up to October 2012. Direct tv began dropping channels from my service from September 2012 while accepting full payment of my monthly bill. On October 1st, the service was terminated all together even though I paid my bill for October in advance. This , I believe is robbery on the part of the company and unfair treatment as far as the transition from one system to another. I wanted to satisfy my family and so I called the company to install the upgraded system.

When the technician arrived at 6pm, he was unable to get in contact with a technician at head office to connect the system. He had to put off the installment for the following day much to my inconvenience. (I had to postpone previous engagements to accomodate the technician on Saturday 13th October). I again had to cancel appointments for the following day. I have always been a bonafide customer paying my monthly bills always in advance and the treatment netted out to me is unjust and unfair. I sincerely hope that I will not be forced to take this matter to the press. I await a response from you before I decide any alternative action.

I have a Direct Tv DVR redeiver that has started freeziing frames while I watch any channel. I have had this receiver for over a year and it is leased. I called about the problem one several occasions and the "service consultant" was unable to fix the problem. When I suggested that the problem was with the receiver and it should be replaced, I was told that I would have to pay a $50 service fee to have a techmician come to my home and replace the receiver. I told them that they had no problem with my replacing my other receiver when I upgraded it but they won't do so with the one that has a problem. I wrote a complaint and reveice a reply suggesting that I pay $5.99 per month for an MA (or $72 per year) to have the replacement covered. How magnamous of them to have me pay $22 extra to fix their own receiver! This is outrageoes and enraging to say the least.

Hello, We have been loyal customers for 5 years and I love basketball season. Now I find out that you will not be showing any Lakers games and Im very upset. I would like to know if you will be getting the lakers on direct tv, and if not I will have to consider leaving you and going to Time Warner which i do NOT want to do, but you leave me no option. What can you tell me about this situation. Please e-mail me with your responce. I will wait to hear from you and then make up my mind if i will change providers.

I don't understand after so many years being a loyal Directv subscriber, now seeing for the first time seeing Laker games being blacked out. You have lost subscribers, and if this dispute is not settled, and we cannot see the Laker Games, you will lose many subscribers including me. Please bring resolution to this issue.

We signed up the Directv through BestBuy as I like to watch Lakers games. The BestBuy rep told me the Lakers channel (ch 691) was in choice package, so we signed up for choice package with free HD. After the equipment was hooked up, the ch 691 could not be watch. It said it is not subscribed. So I called the customer service and was told ch 691 was in sports pack.

And we was also told that HD access was charged $10/mo. Why? We've been told we can get free HD! Felt so sorry for Directv! As the ch 691 is not included in choice package, we wanted to downgrade the package to entertainment package. We was told that fi we downgrade we could not get any rebates but the regular price at $54.99/mo. We ware quite angry! So we decided to cancel the service. We were told to be charged $480 cancellation fee. We hanged up the phones and called again. After many struggling conversations, a nice supervisor finally agreed to cancel our service without charging us cancellation fee. However, two days after our cancellation, one service representative who claimed to be a supervisor told us that we can get the previous rebates from BestBuy if we reactivate DirectV account. It meant that we can get free HD if we signed up for auto pay and $19.99 for 1st year and $40 for 2ed year with entertainment package. We agreed with his offer. To our surprise, our bill increased to $ 117 per month without any rebates!

I cannot believe that the business is run in such a dishonest manner or scam. I continued to call to get my rebates but still made me crazy.

We are deeply disappointed and will never use DirectV ever again. Deeply sorry for how your service and business is running.

I spoke on the phone with a representative initially and got together a package which I was interested in purchasing. I had to call back, but she noted everything for me. I called the next time, and after giving them some information, they confirmed that they were able to pull up my original information, and that we could go off of that to complete my order. I was promised 4 rooms to have dvr's installed. When the man came over to install our directtv, he said that he only had a work order for 2. He said that we would have to get another work order later.

I called back in to customer service, and spent 2 more hours of my personal time trying to figure this out. They said that the only thing that they could do was make a work order for a single extra dvr making a total of 3, and that it would cost me $6 per month extra. Also, the only option for the fourth room that she gave me was to buy the fourth dvr and have it credited back into my account. Since when is it an ethical business practice to place all of the inconvenience on the customer?

This is highly unacceptable, especially to an active duty servicemember. I already forked out over $200 in deposits to get this thing started. I cannot be expected to oversee the correct completion of every step of the order. Your representatives made a mistake, and I expect to get what I was promised, regardless of any policy. I am the consumer, and I shall not be inconvenienced by a mistake made by your staff. I expect my remaining 2 dvr's to be installed in a timely manner at no further cost, or further transactions from me. I also expect some monetary compensation of some sort for the period of time that I have gone with only half of what I was promised.

Would you find it acceptable if you were to have full coverage on your vehicle, total it, and only receive half of what you are entitled to? This is a huge problem, and I've read hundreds of complaints from customers of yours who have fell victim to your horrible way of doing business. If you wish to retain a good standing with the public, I suggest that you make things right with those customers who have been wronged. I did not serve my country to allow large companies to rob the common folk. I am a paying customer and one who is incredibly resilient and veangeful. If I am not satisfied with your rebuttal, I will stop at nothing, whether it's media, picketing, complaints, better business beureau, to hinder your companies' success if I am not duly compensated. I hope that this matter is taken to the level of management it needs to be in order to allow proper handling. I appreciate your time.

Direct TV installed less than 4 hrs. ago. I got a better picture in the 1950's only this time the snow is red, green and white. I wanted my billing as a direct withdrawal but they're hell bent I pay on line. Otherwise, I must stay with the credit card or pay them an additional $10. per mo.

My TV is old but the picture was perfect and the reason it's still around. Can't believe what I'm seeing now. How do you get out of this contract? Already hv the address for the Alabama Public Service Comm. and am ready to write them and Better Business Bureau.

Tonight after working 12 hours I came home to find out that with the "New Browser" my TV that had been compatable with 1080i was NO LONGER compatable with the the new system. Must be nice to be tied in with the TV manufacturers and hold the end user for ransom... Yesterday my 10 year old 1080i worked.... today the best I can get is 480, because ot Directs "upgrade" (downgrade) unless you have $$ with the HD tv manufactures... best way to sell tv's is change how you can view... I am looking for a class action against Direct TV, because I was not told that my TV was not going to be combatable when I purchased HD... I alike alot of the persons complaining gained Direct for NFL... my next complait will be with them.

Direct tv has the worse customer service dept I have ever tried to deal with. My service went out tonight on all three of my sets. After talking with direct tv customer service twice tonight I was told because there was a small amount of snow in the area they could not send out a tech to look at the dish until the snow melted away. Since it is friday night I could be without service for the entire weekend. Since I have only had the service for three months and had to sign a two year contract I guess I will have to deal with the lousy service for awhile, but you can bet the minute the contract is up I am gone. I repeat the worse customer service people I have ever worked with in my 71 years of life. don't put in direct if you have other choices.

I have a complaint with Direct TV. I have had the service for quite a long time, but I have never been treated as badly as I have been treated recently. I decided to get Whole house HD service with Direct TV for discounted prices. Which I was very appreciative. When they came on a Saturday around the first or second week in April, 2013 to install only one Tech showed up which I thought was very tiresome for one person, but anyway. He proceed to put in my new service and install the dish outside on my garage roof. The set of problems is when he left he did not clean up behind himself, I didnâ€'t realize how much he left until I noticed some wires was hanging from each unit. The old boxes was still in each room. I called to complain about it because one of the boxes that he changed out would not work after he left.

So I called to complain about they helped me get the box back on line. The second thing went wrong was that the line that he had put in from the dish was uncovered and was not put in the ground good, so my grandson that was in the yard was able to fool around with it. When I called to complain about it they said they would send someone out and to fix the cord in the ground and take the boxes also. When Tech came he said he couldn’t take the boxes but proceeded to fix the cord in the yard. Now third set of complaint that I have is recent, like this past weekend.

Because my all 5 of my grandchildren came over this weekend the problem started. Usually I don’t have as many TV on at one time, but one thing I noticed that we could not get one tv to work because it said I have to many applicances working at the same time, I would have to cut one of the off to get this particular one to work. I called Directv to ask about it and they informed me that with the Genie I can only use 3 clients not 4 and so when all three clients are on the 4th one won’t work. First of all I did not ask for the the 4th client to be put in and would like a standard box put in its place. But I was told that I would have to pay for box it If wanted it replaced. Why would have to pay to have this replaced if I did not ask for the 4th client for the genie, especially since it will only work for three clients.

I am very disappointed with my service at this point. The problem that are existing is I was told I could record up to six show, but that is not true I can only still record up to 2, The HD service is so slow it take quite a few minutes to turn from one channel to the other, I get a white screen while it is changing from one channel to the other, I keep getting pauses of several channel. While in the middle of watching the TV, the show will pause for like 2 minutes throught out the time I am watching tv. I eventually just stop watching. I need to know How to solve these problems without it being a cost to me. I expected a little more courtesy from Direct tv.

I rcieved a Promo Sunday Ticket in the mail, I called and spoke to someone in the Promo Department to receive the discount...I was told to Fax Info: Attention: Laura,10038813...Fax Number 2292937708 / I have been calling for a over a month No help..I am a Disble Veteran who under the insrtuction Of Direc TV was told to this all for Nothing...Waste my Gas,My Time,and the Cash I had to put up to fax...Today I was told I have to Eat the bill!!..Thats ok...Honest to God I will Never Ever Renew my Contractl!!!

When I was contemplating signing with Direct TV I specifically ask them about Football season. They lied and said as long as the game was aired on a regular TV network that we would be able to see it. Well for the last two weekends in a row we have had to go accross the street to our neighbors who still has Cableone to watch the Saints play on WLOX which is our local ABC channell and is in our Direct TV package that we pay for every month?? I wish someone could tell me how to get out of their bogus ill gotten contract without having to pay early cancellation fee. I can go back to Cableone anytime I want to they send me a mailer every week. We were with them a long time and the pricing isn't much higher compared to having to go outside our home to enjoy what we are paying for but not able to enjoy in our home? this is wrong and should be illegal to do to people.

I no longer need Directv and tried to cancel. They say I am not an account holder yet the billing comes to me and the payments are electronically transferred out of my account. The 'account holder' is the ex-husband and I have to have him cancel the account!!!!

Directv says they will continue to debit my bank account even though I no longer want or need the service. No one can help me there and it is the same crap - I am not the account holder - so sorry. I can contact the ex to have him do it or make me an account holder. Do not get Directv!!! Cancelling is a nightmare.

I have been a customer since March 2001. I have decided to upgrade my equipment. I have called at least 4 or 5 times and have been told different upgrades each time. On 10-24-12, I called and spoke with LaVonda (not sure of spelling). I was interested in upgrading to the Genie. She quoted me a price of $49.00 for the Genie and 49.00 for installation. Along with the Genie, I would get an HD DVR, and 2 HD Receivers. She stated that she made notes and I would have 5 days to decided. She gave me a direct number and a pin. I called back on 10-26-12 and spoke with someone. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name. She stated she could not give that upgrade to me. I asked to speak to a suppervisor. Her name was Lindsey. I believe she was in Georgia. She also stated that the upgrade was not something she could do.

My question is: Why do I get different quotes and answers everytime I called. I am frustrated also because I have been a customer for so long and I don't get any sense of appreciation from your customer service people. The only one that I felt appreciated the fact of being a long customer was LaVonda. Now I find that she mislead me or worse. She lied. Local customers should be able to get some of the benefits that new customers get. I really don't know how much longer I can stay a customer of Direct Tv

Dona Mink

On August 12 2012 we refered a friend to directv.Thought we did everything they required and was told we would get our 10 dollars in bill credits in 6-8 weeks.When the time came around to get the discounts it wasnt on the bill.Called about it and they said there was no record of it.Stayed on the phone two hours today nov.5th and talked to six different people.The last one was suppose to send an e-mail stating we would get this months bill credited.That was 3 hours ago!Starting to wonder if there will be NO RECORD of this either! We have loyal customers since 1994

Oct 2 called direct tv after 2 hours on the phone, transferred multiple times nothing resolved. Would not allow us to speak to a manager or send someone to our home. Person we spoke with wouldn't give name tags or badge and id#.

We have been n with DirecTV for 10 years or more. We wanted to get the option to see it are recording in the other room as advertised we received a different answer from every person and with who denied someone to come out when they told us there was an issue with our box but now we need a different part.

We've had a few issues with DirecTV name tags before however we still was stupid enough to remain loyal customer and got us nowhere we pay our bills and follow up on our promise to pay but we are not getting what we are asking for and we are not asking for more than we are entitled to as a customer in this economy you cannot afford to lose customers. But apparently you will have to learn the hard way. You need a lesson in customer service before your company goes under an all your workers are in the Food Stamp line.

We unfortunately will be looking for another service. We found we are still paying for something we asked to be removed. More than once

when i was being set up, i was told korean channel was included in the set up but to call and have it removed, the tecnition called and removed it and i also called to have it removed. i am still being charged for something that i have cancelled. when i was set up i had the tv in a temporary location until i had the living room floor finished. i was told by the tecnition when he put the cable in the living room that i counld just move the tv myself when i was ready, there is two cables from the wall where it is now and only one in the living room.

i was told t will cost $49. to have a tecnition to come back and reset up everything if i want to move it. my complaint is that i am being lied to constantly and being charged for services that i was told i will not have to have. is there any way of canceling this service with out hurting my credit if i can't get these two issues resolved?

I am an onsite property manager and they have INSTALLED several satellite dishes on our building which has been made against policy here. They never asked for permission and drilled into the building (bricks) we allow ONLY non permanant stands ONLY!!!! We need these taken down and damage fixed!

This was so tasteless and petty. Where is PETA when you need them? I can't believe it's still being aired round the clock. The small dog taken by eagle commercial by Direct TV should be pulled from the airways and the creator should be fired and never hired again by anyone! How is this funny in a world where animal abuse is widespread and people continue to be so violent. We don't need more violence we need less. Direct TV you disgust me with your advertising!

Direc Tv are the biggest scammsters over any other cable company. The government should shut them down! Put those bastards out of business. They don't let you know you are paying for up front. They give you at first all these unnecessary things that you don't need. Also, they don't tell you when you initially sign up for their service what this or that costs initially. They are idiots! They insult the intelligence of us Americans. When I find out the correct governmental agency to make a complaint, I certainly will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have had direct tv for exactly one year now. We pay to have a premium package and your company has treated us like complete garbage over this past year. I have never been so dissatisfied with any service of any other kind. I have been overcharged at least three times, signed up and charged for packages I did not even want or know about until I was billed.

The worst thing yet was the fact that i referred my father to direct tv to get the friends and family discount. When I asked the gentlemen on the phone how to receive the discount he said, " I do not handle that you have to call a different phone number." Then when I called the other phone number, I was told since I did not give the first gentlemen my account information I was no longer eligible. I explained my situation to a third party and he said that we should be a shoe- in because it was not my fault since I had personally asked as I was setting up my father's account.

On my fourth call, I was told that I would not be receiving it and there was nothing else he could do. Even after that we had yet ANOTHER problem with your company. Our master dvr box that we have in the bedroom broke out of nowhere, we called to get a replacement and they sent an HD box instead of the master DVR box that we have in the bedroom. We must have told the woman on the phone five times which box we needed (and still got the wrong one). We pay for whole home dvr and because of being sent the wrong box could not record anything for almost two weeks. I feel our bill should be prorated accordingly since it was no fault of ours.

If nothing is rectified by this complaint I plan to take my complaints as high up as I possibly can and spread the word on how terribly disorganized and apathetic your company is. Already, I have talked three people into not to renewing their contracts with you after they heard about the copious amounts of issues we have had. We are looking to cancel and go any other way because it cannot get any worse than dealing direct tv.

Also, my dad, whom i refereed, AND GOT NOTHING FOR can record in every room and we can only record from the master box. I am not sure why he got such a better set-up than us, but I have never been so disappointed in a company before. My father and I both plan to cancel services with you and I will continue to try and save others from being roped into your lies and incompetence. You should be ashamed for treating high paying customers so badly.

My next call is the better business bureau unless someone can fix this mess. I look forward to getting this straightened out as soon as possible. I'm sure you can understand our frustrations on the matter, and any adjustments to our bill, and receiving the friends and family discount as I was promised would possibly keep us from cancelling.

It's unacceptable that DirectTV allowed TW Cable to cut an exclusive deal with the LA Lakers to broadcast games. I realize that the Lakers had a hand in it too but I'lll be cancelling by Direct TV service. Say goodbye to mt $225 per month that I pay you. it's a shame since I like most everything else about DirecTV but the Lakers games are more important. Why they would blackout the LA sports scene I will never understand.

Have been a loyal customers and you guys are dragging your feet with DirectTV's Lakers broadcasts. It leaves us no choice but to transfer to Time Warner if not resolved soon, as more upset customers every each day switch. Other cable companies have come to an agreement so hurry and settle please.

Okay this thing is going too far. Initially I was willing to give DirectTV a chance to negotiate a good price. We are like 6 games or more into season and still no agreement. I have gotten very frustrated and discouraged. I am seriously thinking about going back to Time Warner because of this. VERY UPSET!

Good luck!

I'm a five year customer whom is older than dirt and I'm trying to return my 3 receiers ,however your policies and less than receptive employees has made this rather simple procedure , a nightmare.Over a week ago I told one of your representatives we would be moving on the 14th of nov. and I wanted to return the equipment like a good little employee he tried to talk me into taking it with me, as I have other issues with Direct T.V. I informed him I wasn't interested . Now I could go on about he said she said etc , BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS I'M THE CUSTOMER HERE AND YOU AND YOUR COMPANIES JOB IS TO FACILATE MY REQUEST AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!! I need the boxes here by tuesday as our movers will be here wednesday our furniture will then be stored for a month until our new home is ready. I implore you to please get these boxes here by tuesday or give me a place I drop off the equipment You have installers driveing around here all the time. My whole 5 years with DIRECT TV has been a love hate relationship please lets end on a somewhat positive note. Thank You for your speedy resolution of this matter

I have automtic bill pay set up with your guys and my bill was taken out on time and then two weeks later another amount was taken out from directtv.

When i called to question this they said that it wasn't showing on their end and that they didn't believe it was taken out. So i was told to fax in my bank statements showing it which i did that same day and they told me it would be taken care of in 10 days.

Well today is day 11 and after talking to DirectTV again i was told that it hasn't been reviewed and they needed to verify that the money was actually taken.

I sent in documentation from my bank, i'm not sure what else they need to verify and why it's taking so long.

Money was taken from me that i need to pay other bills and i think it's ridculous that it takes so long and that its still going to take longer. I want my money back ASAP!!

My Mother is elderly & she is on a fixed income and DirectTv took 225.55. out off her account without her knowing this. that was money for food and meds I think it's very sorry of them. Something has to be done. They said she signed a contract but could not give me the date & time. Regardless they still don't have the right to take money from peoples account without permission. It's time someone stopped them from doing this to the elderly and the government protected us from scam artists like DirecTV!

Our only NBC channel is 24 so we have been able to get sports games or programs we want to see. We should have another NBC option is 24 is not able to get their technical problems solved. Come on DirecTV help me out here what are your customers do if you can't keep our shows on TV?

I have ordered service with Direct TV/Smart Circle on March 23rd, to be installed on March 28. My problem begins here. The installer from Smart Circle never came, and never called to say he wasn’t coming. I called the next day, and they said they would come to install, but never showed up, again. It is now Wed, April 2nd and I still don’t have Service. I spent many hours on my cell phone trying to get answers, installation, but still unsuccessful.

I am going to tell everyone I know, to never get Direct TV service because of the way I was treated. I still need answers as to why this Independent Contractor never showed up, nor had the decency to let us know he wasn’t coming. I am currently on the phone with Direct TV and will be speaking with a Supervisor, for the 2nd time, along with several other representatives from your company.

I am unhappy with the choice of weather reporting done by Direct TV. The current channel does not cover the NY Metropolitan area enough. I’ve sat and waited over an hour to see my weather report. I know more about California weather than I do my own. If you are going to save money on weather reporting, at least get more localized reporting.

I have been a customer for many years. The problem I have is the pricing and the type of programs in the packages that are offered. In 2013 my bill increased each month and good channels were dropped and replaced with trash that is not fit for families or good use of air time. I called on 6-28-2013 to have my service disconnected. I spoke to Katrina and at that time she adjusted my payments for 1 year to $50.98 if you can calculate you will see that 1 year has not expired. I have had no problems with the payments until 2-2014 when it was increased.

When my bill came for this month it is $105.77. You must think people are so desperate for tv that they will let anything go but you don’t know me. I don’t need to have your service or anyone else, I don’t have the finances to pay that much money and get so little for it. I called to speak to someone only to be disconnected, I will try again but if I get no help I will disconnect.

Been with Directv since ’97.They were great for many years then something changed.The pricing would go up for no reason without warning. The equipment began to fail. Living in the city, and having Directv with no problems I purchased the protection plan in’06 because I moved out of the city and thought that I might run into some problems in my new location. Early on when I ran into problems, but because I had the protection plan, the 1 or 2 minor problems were dealt with easily. I then began to develop picture problems, I was told I needed a new receiver, now a contract, 1st one in 10 yrs, another receiver, another contract. My bill is going up and I don’t get good answers as to why. I had the NFL Sunday ticket since 1997, I retired in 2010, and could no longer afford the Sunday ticket, but I purchased another and then stopped the next year. I then heard radio ads about free NFL Sunday ticket for new subscribers, I called as a long-time customer,13 yrs, and told no for me. I called the following year and was told 1/2 off for NFL Sunday ticket.. I got a new tivo, old one died, new contract and a very much larger dish on my roof. My “new” Tivo often did not work as well as the old one, even when there was not a cloud in the sky. I would call and complain, and nothing. The last straw was in late fall, when light rain knocked out all TV reception. I decided it was time for a change and decided to go with the parent company AT&T (U-verse) who they refer to as their partner. Never paid a bill late and my reward to change subscribers was to be charged $40.00 early termination of the “contract”. DirecTV began as a class act. Better than any cable or any other satellite company until they decided to just become money grubbers like the rest. I, as a former customer, and the rest of your current customers deserve better

Delano W.Tucker

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Delano Tucker on 03/11/2014 at IP address 172.15.237.181 using our Directv complaint form. This opinions contained in this Directv customer review titled, “Bad service, contracts(2yr), Protection Plan” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Direct TV was suppose to come to my house to give me a free upgrade DVR. Time was between 12-4. I called at 2 and told them I had an unexpected pick up grandson at school. Would be gone from 3 and 4. At 6, I called to see if they were still coming. Lady tried to contact the service man and could not. She gave me the name and number of his supervisor Gordon and told me to call him if he did not call me. That he was aware of the problem. He did not call me so I called the number she gave me. Gordon answered and he said he had no idea what I was talking about. So I started telling him my problem. He hung up on me! I was so patient about the whole thing until then and that made me furious. Now I am not sure I want my upgrade because I am not sure I want 2 more years with a company that treats their customers like this!

I pay well over $2k per year in service fees for Direct TV and do not get value for my money due to service outages and boxes going bad. I have been calling for service for around a week, this time, but they cannot seem to get a tech to make a call despite my paying for free service calls.

I am a doctor at the VA and cannot drop patient care to go at their convenience. I am tired of people like ‘Andy’ your customer ‘service rep’ try to tell me what motivation is and being argued with and tell me ‘what my problem is.’ I have asked for them to contact my wife to arrange some service time but she is a healthcare professional too. I will post my complaints over many complaint boards

IIn March 2013 Directv offered a rebate of $10.00 for the month if the customer purchased at least 4 movies. I assumed the rebate would be given on my March bill. Now I find it would be given in the form of a coupon which must be filled out, but it will not even be received for 6-8 weeks. I n the meantime, I must pay for the movies in full with my March bill. This means they will be gaining interest on money they receive for the masses of customers who take advantage of the offer. It is ridiculous that I need to wait for months to receive a rebate. If this is their offer, they should explain what they intend when they broadcast the offer.

we have been customers for over 20 yrs- our monthly statement increaes all the time with no explanation. we just took it. then we moved, had Direct tv upgrade us to HD and add another receiver . After a couple of days-we lost local channels! NO ABC, CBS, NBC, news or ANYTHING!!!! REALLY?! you expect people to not have access to their news and weather and other shows? we called about it and was told we might get a waiver to receive local channels out of L.A. Again, REALLY?! we live in Colorado-why would we want LA news ? It appears that when talking to a rep on the phone, the right hnd does not know what the left hand is doing-no two reps gave us the same story on any of the issues. You have lost our business and we will not reccomend your service to anyone!

been on direct tv since august and have called customer service 5 times..they never figured what was wrong just kept replacing part til it worked..i got tired of calling and the direct tv agent telling me how sorry they were I had problems but it would br 3 days before anyone could fix it. the tech who comes out is great polite and knowledgeable..my system goes in and out at least once a month..no sense in calling anyone it usually fixes itself in a couple of days…when it works its good but I never had as many problems with cable…siick of direct tv..

Hello,
I am writing to you regarding how unhappy I am with the customer service at Directv. I have been a customer for over 13 years and I just can’t believe how I have been treated.

Today I called to discuss charges on my bill and also to go over my bill in general and was hung up on 3 separate times. I asked to speak to a manager and was connected to a floor manager who apparently didn’t want to deal with me as well and hung up. I will point out all 3 were English second language which always complicates communication.

That said I am strongly considering cancelling my service seeing that nobody wants to address my concerns at Directv.

Regards,
David and Rosann Gilbert

According to my credit union, $701.50 was debited from my account without my authorization. I do not have an account with Direct TV. I have documentation from the credit union showing when the money was taken from my account by Direct TV. This has caused my bills to fall behind. Please reveiw this as soon as possible. Please respond by email when you receive this. I will do whatever I need to , to get this resolved.

I entered into a contract with Direct TV 010 12/17/2013 after being referred by my son. I was told at the time by the representative I would receive $10 off my bill for ten months ans well as 3 months of discount for various preminum channels. I later referred my sister and called customer service giving the date of installation and was told I would receive $10 credit once again. To this date I have not received the $20 credit and only received 2 months of the discount ($45) for the premimum channels. I am also a AAA customer and entitled to a discount, which Direct TV seem to know nothing about. I have been calling and calling concerning these issues but unable to receive any assistance concerning this matter. I want to file a law suit due to false advertisment and breach of contract by the aforementioned party, if this matter can not be resolve soon.

I just scheduled an appointment for 3 Apr 13 for around 1630 to have my service installed not but a few days ago. I was told that there would be a note for the technician servicing my installation request reminding them that I would not be home until 1630, seeing as I do not get off work until 1600.

When I called the appointment line I had to reschedule for 5 Apr 13 as the technician was already about to start on another appointment. I was sold when I subscribed for DirecTv services but this really irked me. Also, the technician called my cell phone around 1300 saying that he was on his way to my apartment.

I was still at work and could not be released to let him into my apartment unit. I specifically told the representative helping me setup this appointment that I would NOT be home until a specified time. Now, I am inconvenienced.

To whom it may concern at directv ,I am very frustrated at the way your company handles damage claims..on Saturday March 23rd ,2013 at approximately 2:30 pm an installer named “Cory “from DirecTV drilled a 3/4″ hole in the east side of my home and while doing so cut through the internal electrical run thus darkening half of the home.

This also caused a flash and started the insulation in the wall to burn. I personally found the damage on Monday, March 25th at 2pm and contracted my home contractor. An electrician had to open up about 10 feet of the exterior wall siding and repair the wiring, replace the burnt insulation and restore the circuits in the home.

Please see the invoice and pictures attached. I called the DirecTV service line this morning at 10am and talked to a rep named Adrian after an hour long phone conversation he could not take my claim or help me with my claim or even give me a claim number or further contact, Stating the Direct TV customer (who was only a guest in the home) is also a DirecTV employee and that he would loose his job if he assisted me..

I find that odd that if a landlord has a valid claim that your customer service people cannot assist in a remedy. Please also note that this installation was not authorized by me and I think your staff needs some training in the correct procedure in installation on rental property…

I am seeking damages in the amount of $1275.80 and If this email goes unanswered I will have no choice but to pursue this matter in court…

I’ve had the same problem with them all year…I freaking hate them! I feel like they have been stealing from me. In my building we can only have direct tv. Worst customer service ever! In fact its out right now…im watching the nfl championships with my old school rabbit ears. Oh and if you call they put you on hold until your disconnected…yesterday 45 minutes; I made the mistake of asking for a manager. MDU their tech support…4 appointments only showed up once…1 month later out again.

My wife has an account with direct tv and my name is not on the account. I tryed calling customr service to ask a simple general question and was told because my name was not on the account they could not answer my question. This is not how you treat a customers of your company. I pay the bill so you are going to lose a customer because of the way you want to treat people. There is no reason that anyone cant call up your company and ask a general question reguardless if they are on an account or not. If your CEO cares so much about his customers he would not allow this to go on at his company.

My mother who is 82 had to move to live with me because of health issues and could no longer live by herself. Direct Tv wants to still charge her a 300 early cancellation fee. After talking to several people and getting verbal confirmation of waiving two hundred of the fee, she paid what was left of herbill. She gets new bill with a creditor whatshername just paid and wecallsirect tv and find out ohno, she doesn’t have a credits he still owes 89 more dollars. Seems funny how they decided after she pays right away and over pays at that, she no longer will get the 200 credit on the early cancellation fee. She won’t get it and now owes more. Hum!!!! Direct tv has one funny way of treating customers and we will never have them again as I will also be canceling my service. What crap, I believe it is elder abuse and will be telling everyone I know about it. Amy Beebe

We got Direct TV in Sept. 2012, for the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion they were having. The failed to mention that the package didn’t include the play-offs or SuperBowl. We just now got local channels that don’t include CBS, who is airing the SuperBowl this year. The other local channel freezes every 5 minutes, not to mention the brown lines that appear when you turn your tv on. Customer service is very frustrating, even if you get someone who can speak clear english. Our bill was never right, they will still keep charging you for the 3 month movie channel promotion if you don’t call and tell them to stop. We are getting rid of the frustration after only 4 months. There’s a $400 fee for breaking the 2 yr. contract, but I’m going back to my local cable co. anyway. Lesson learned!

For months now we have experienced constant interruption of service with 5 of our 6 TVs. We have had Direct TV for 13 years and despite q quite hefty bill which we pay each month, we continue to be told that “it is a problem with the R16 receivers and we are working really hard to correct the problem”. It has been at least 3 months and no resolution. When I asked the customer service rep how long it might be, she had no idea and just asked us to “be patient”. i also asked how I file a formal complaint, and the response was “I don’t know how you do that Sir”.

I guarantee you if I were to not pay my bill, Direct TV would take action. Bottom line is that if it faulty receivers, then they need to be replaced at no cost to us- that is what we pay for. I will likely be changing satellite companies as soon as our contract is up and will be sure to let everyone I can know of the poor service.

My husband and I called in to enquire about getting direct tv and was given false information concerning what channels we would have for the 2 years. We were both told buy a lady named marie that we would have the movie channel for the entire 2 years and would not have to pay any other monies. She said that it was part of the package that we got. She also said that the call was being recorded and I was glad about that because they could go back and hear exactly what was said. She did this so that she could get a sale and we are truly angry about it.

They called to welcome us to direct tv and I spoke to customer service to make sure that this was correct and they told me no that we had to pay $45.00 if we are to keep the movie channels after 3 months. I then talked to the supervisor on call and she said the same thing. She did not try to make things right after knowing that the representative had lied just to get us to sign up. We are truly disappointed.

After being a customer for over 10 years we have seen this company go from great to the worst in the last few years.A first when you called they would do everything they could to make you happy with your service,now its a battle just to get the least bit of help with faulty equipment.We have a dvr that has a phone connection that doesn’t work and is very slow and after many calls we were told that no new dvr’s would be replaced unless it was totally out and not working.Now every time we want pay per view we have to call or text when all we should have to do is select it from our guide.I guess customer satisfaction is an antiquated term in this day and age.

Why are you screwing over the long term customers that made you what you are today? I believe Krystal stated I had been a customer since 2003, I was looking to lower our monthly bill, AND get our outdated antiquated equipment replaced. The only way I could do that was to cancel my service and become a new subscriber… Krystal indicated that she understood and that she would process our cancellation. NEVER did she indicate that DirecTV would not allow the following.

So I cancelled my service and had my wife activate a new account so that we could get the whole home DVR service (tired of the ‘record one, both or cancel notice), and new receivers and reduce our monthly cost by $20-30 while getting a greater DirecTV experience. Today you folks call and cancel our installation and accuse us of being ‘criminals’ and that DirecTV does not allow this and that we will now be without service for 24 months before we can re-subscribe.

That is a nice “Thank You for being your customer for so long”. Why can’t LONG TIME subscribers get receivers and equipment upgrades (AT RESONABLE INTERVALS). Even the phone companies do that. Our old 2003 Hughes RXs won’t do HD, the DVR does 2 channels. Luckily last visit (DVR install) the technician put in a DTV antenna to replace the original DISH antenna that we had to use since our move in 2007.

So again I ask, “Why are you shafting us long time subscribers when you offer such a grand deal to new clients?” BTW, when you deny an install when your own CS rep does not indicate any inpropriety and then infer that we are criminals for attempting this ‘fraudulent act’, we usually end up in the legal arena. Which will be fine by me, I can’t wait for Dish and the media to get wind of this one. So, there you have it, one VERY pissed off, dis-satisfied customer.

Likely no one will read this and we will get screwed by a company we have supported and made the premier sat provider on the planet. Unfortunately you forgot who put you there. I can’t wait for the calls to start. Missouri prosecutes ‘No Call’ violators.

Why is it that , as a new customer, I have been “stuck” with a miscellaneous charge on my bill until another “promotion’ is available? I chose Direct TV to get out of the money pit loop of Dish Network for equipment and services that were unfair, erroneous and costly to an unemployed single mother. However I find almost the same deceptive practices of discounting one thing just to re coup some of it somewhere else. When I ordered I told agent that I wanted DVR’s but I had old tv’s so HD was not needed but the boxes came all HD and tech was not able to hook up boxes and I told him what I told selling agent.

I had to re-do order to get the correct boxes within the coming week. One of my TV’s had AV jacks that allowed for one DVR receiver and I was told there are no DVRs now that are NOT HD So now I have a $10/mo HD service charge and unable to use service Makes my picture looks funny and will cost $200 to “swap” to a regular DVR because someone lied to me about the equipment. The customer service agent seemed apologetic over his inablity to assist me given that I was the third person this week who had this happen. Now I am stuck with you til 2013.

I was miss led from Verizion about the pkg. deal. They told me it was 59.99 a month for 0ne year includes direct tv , verizion internet service and phone. Then later it turns out they said that direct tv was not included in that price . They out right lied. Also there service is the pits. I had no recourse but to quit the program. Now as for direct tv i loved the service and the best tv ever. But when i told you folks what happened you charged me a 420.00 fee to cancel. Not fair being that you partnered with verizion.

Once again a cable company has ripped me off what is it about these companys doing this? First off they lure you in with what appears to be good pricing by the time you nget to check out the monthly price has somehow went up $15 dollars a month, then the rebates they CLAIM to offer dont appear on your bill you call them and in a nut shell they tell you to go to hell. Since your in a contract with them and the F.C.C. doesnt seem to care about deceptive marketing practices Direct has you by the short hairs.

The best option is not to ever get involved with a company like this, they are pretty much scum in my eyes now and i plan to tell everyone I know about it. Really the best thing to do no is hook up to the net stream shows and put these rip off companys out of business.

My wife and I had cancelled service with Direct TV due to poor and or bad service. The bill was incorrect form the first month, in which, we would have to call every month to rectify the bill. I was told by direct tv employees that the fee was for leasing the equipment, which I have sent back to direct tv all of the equipment that I had. When that was questioned direct tv said that the fee was for a 2 year contract that was cancelled. I told them I did not sign a 2 year contract and asked for an agreement with my signature on it. They said they would send me a signed copy. I still do not have that signed copy of an agreement.

I am disputing this fee because of poor service month after month. We have paid in full and on time for the services that we had. I will not pay for services that were poor. If I go out to eat and do not like the service, I will pay for the meal, however, I will not return to eat there again. I should not have to call direct every month for an over billing issue. The cancellation fee is $338.61. I have sent this matter to the BBB as well. Most of the customer service representatives have been rude, a few were helpful, this also includes managers.

We have called every month because they had double and triple charged us. Every month they said they would credit us and take care of it so this won’t happen again. Had we not checked our bill or thought it was for something else, it would have been paid month after month. How many people do they do this too by overcharging and not giving back a credit on accounts with deceptive trade and unfair sales practices. DirecTV failed to clearly disclose to us the commitment to keep DirecTV service. Hiking profits by deceiving consumers is one of the oldest scams in the game.

I had a tech come out the first of July. They could not get a line of site so I could not get services. They told me that a supervisor would come out for a second opinion and today is August 12th and I have heard nothing. I called twice to be told they did not have that somone was coming out for a second opinion. Direct TV was real happy to take my $21.35 and not give it back because services will not work where I am located. I finally called today, again and sat on hold for 15 min. and got told again he showed that I did not cancel my order. Why in the heck would I want to keep service with out the product. And why do I have to call and cancel and waist my valuable time when Direct TV can’t get service to my house? I will never have their service again. Now lets see if I get refunded my $21.35.

After 5 years of service, we closed our DirecTV service in July, we were sent a box by FedEx Ground which contained a prepaid USPS return label. Our DirecTV equipment was carefully packed and dropped off in July at our local post office and returned using DirecTV’s USPS return label. On August 6, 2011, our account was charged $401.74 by DirecTV. Upon calling DirecTV, they claimed that our equipment was never returned and they refused to refund our account or try to locate the returned equipment. Since the USPS return label was created on DirecTV’s account, we are unable to file a claim with USPS. DirecTV refused to file a claim with USPS.

After researching online, we found that this is very common with customers who close their accounts with DirecTV. There are numerous complaints to be found online about this scam by searching for the phrase “DirecTV Equipment Return Scam”. Since the burden of proof is upon the customer to prove that the equipment was returned, customers are essentially helpless against these charges. DirecTV’s business practices are unethical and should be considered mail fraud since the United States Postal Service is used to scam customers. Do not sign up for DirecTV service.

We have had Direct tv for over 7 years and the only reason we even keep them is for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Yet every year they charge their “loyal” customers more and more to have this special channel and give all new customers either free or extremely discounted prices for it. Dont sign with them, they are nothing but trouble. We have to call atleast every other month to complain about random charges on our bill. Then when they explain your bill to you, it doesnt add up. If you question them about it they try to run around and confuse you when all it does is anger you.

They have done nothing but lie about every service they provide. Our box wasnt working and we called to order a movie. they charged us for calling to order the movie(which they said they would not due to the box not working properly) and for the movie that wasnt watched bc it cut off about 5 mins into it. This is just a handful of situations. I could name a hundred more.

I spoke to a technician in regard to scrambling on all five of my tv’s this afternoon around 4:00pm. I was instructed by a technician to go outside and inspect the dish to check for any tree branches , leaves etc. that could cause any interference with the system. The technician also performed some diagnostic testing and discovered that there was low strength signaling. She was in the process of scheduling an appointment when I was informed that there was a past due amount of $63.30. I was told that there would not be an appointment scheduled until the past due amount was paid. I was appalled at the statement and couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

I have been a customer of Direct TV for 7 years. I paid 100.00 towards my bill on June 16th.Ever since the so called diagnostic testing was performed, I have not had access to any cable stations, only local stations. I called back and spoke to a supervisor by the name of Jeff at approximately 8:40 PM, who was quite unprofessional rude and nasty. I had to stop him and tell him to watch his tone. He didnot resolve any thing for me. I am without service and guess what still being charged for the service. Direct TV will not continue to have competitive advantage over other companies, because they are not being loyal to existing customers. I am very disturbed by the service that I have received.

I intend to file a formal complaint against Direct TV with the ISSC . This is not good business practice. Supervisors should be retrained on servicing their customers. I must say that the quality of service is not the best anyway. The signaling system needs to be upgraded so that it can function in inclement weather. You have lost a good customer by displaying such poor business practices. I am very disgusted with your company and will pass the word on to other existing customers that I know. Good riddance to bad rubbish. (equipment& service)

Three days ago our Direct TV froze up when we tried to delete a program and service rep told us to hit the red button to rebook the TV (took about 20 minutes { It hapopened two times tonight and I told the girl that we were told it waa a problem three days ago and DirectTV was working on it. When it happened twice tonight I again called and talked to a very nice rep in SD but she told me she was not allowed to enter our problem, send out a service rep (we have protection plan), or to get us a new recorder. What terrible respect for a long time customer. I am going to look for another service if you do not respond to my complaint.

WE have your service both in IN and AZ and have been a long time customer(over ten years) and feel we are due more respect that this. I feel sorry for the poor rep in SD who has to tell customers there is nothig that can be done as Direct TV knows about this problem and it working on and will resolve it in the FUTURE. What a company you have. No Respect for paying customers.

It’s been over a year and a half as a customer of Directv when i first order the installmenr were suppose to free til a month later a hidden fee pop up so i decided to go ahead and pay it.Then seven went by Directv added $14 more to package i wanted so after that i had chage my package to a lower price after a year with them they gave me a package which i didn’t ask for turn out to be higher than the previous one with less programming. They breach the contract so hoe=w can i get at them? I wanna cancel directv service but the cancellation fee is pretty high. Since they breach the contract i should able to cancel for free!

my girlfriend was a directv customer. she stopped the service because they did not deliver as promised and did not resolve the issue. they then billed my debit card even though i have no agreement with them. they also refuse to refund the money they wrongfully took from me and say i need to talk to her. I had to change my card number to prevent them from stealing more from me. the bank says they can collect from any card used to pay their bills ever. CAUTION DONT LET YOUR FRIENDS GET F**KED BY YOUR DTV BILL! THEY WILL ROB YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILLY. First they tried to take 400+ dollars, then reduced the amount over and over until they got all the money in my account.

I am not and have never been a direct tv customer. they have no agreement with me. they still took all my money and refuse to refund it. I am currently yelling at them about the problem and reporting the experience to all the review boards I can find. STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV!!!! If you are currently a directv customer… I feel sorry for you.

First of all I had dish network and changed to direct tv to bundle with at&t. The lies started from the beginning. When I initially signed up, I asked would I have local channels and the answer was yes. Well when the techs hook it up, no locals, wth. I then call customer service & was told that it will be in the area in 3 months. Well it was more like 5 months and then only one receiver with local….it will cost me $49 for each additional receiver, wtf. If I wanted them without paying I would have to sign a 24 month contract. Oh no hell I’m not..as soon as this contract is up, I’m gone. DIRECT TV IS A FU$KING JOKE.

I am a senior citizen with handicap husband who have put up with Direct TV poor signal service due to storms/clouds for 15 yrs.without a complaint Until May 2011 where I was not getting service on clear sunny days and being charged for it. After making many phone calls over the phone and dealing with rude/poor customer service I finally got someone to send out a tech twice. The first Direct TV tech showed no ID was rude/unqualified talked over me when I tried to explain the problem and did nothing. The second tech showed no ID was unqualified and also did nothing.

I complained on 5/30 about their techs and was told they would send a tech out & there was a work order to check everything including receiver which in the past they installed a defective one and had to replace it. My daughter called on 5/30 and was told the same thing. DTV called on 5/31 to say they weren’t coming out. I asked why and I was told there was no work order. My daughter& I called back DTV and told customer service and supervisor I was cancelling my service because of poor/rude service and my service issue was not resolved.

I requested my refund back because I am paid up until 6/15. I also in the past experience shady billing practices from Direct TV then when I would call& ask about the unknown charge charged to me without notification. I was told it was charged because of economy. They also refuse to pick up receiver. I told them they hooked it up they can unhook it. I will not touch be responsible of property that is not mine. I also told Direct TV they can send a bill every month on the rented cheap receiver box if they want, but I WILL NOT PAY FOR THE RENTED BOX!

If they want it send a tech to come pick it up. Direct TV steals,lies,takes advantage of loyal customers. BUYER BEWARE DO NOT DEAL WITH DIRECT TV!

Direct Tv is a company that makes charges with out using there programing they charge me double for a TV program at the same time same day I called and there answer was there is nothing we can do about it, I canceled my servise and I had a $102.10 credit
on my last statement and they send me 91.05, they charge me 10.99 for a program that I never requested. How can you? At the beginming I had a lot of trouble with one of the boxes I had to keep reseting it, this went on and on til the service guy told me to buy the policy for $5.00 a month after that I never in two years had a problem with the box again what is the mater this company everything is about money. You better think about singning with them.

Well, the installer came and put the dish on my roof using 4 lag bolts. Only! He put that lag bolts through my roof! Then, he installed new cable and cut the cable in front of my house that had been installed by Dish awhile back. He left the Dish cable hanging on the front of my house. I called, emailed and quit Directv. I am going to file a suit and a BBB report for damages. Directv says I have to do all the leg work and answer to them and, go to the expense of hiring someone to “assess” the damages. I do not think so. On top of it all they have crap channels, crap service and are way over priced. DO NOT go with Directv. They are scam artists of the worse kind.

Signing up with Directv is definitely not a good idea. You will get a different answer almost every time you call their customer service department to fix it. While customer service people are friendly they usually do not resolve billing issues, You just hear different answer and apologizies. I have been getting different bills almost every month even if I have the exact same package without any changes. I have given up at this point with directv, I am just waiting to finish my 2 years contract to get out of this bad experience with them.

I called Direct tv today to inquire about their packages because I was thinking of switching from cable. They have a bundle package for cable internet and phone but the gentleman I spoke would have to transfer me to someone else about the phone. Instead of being able to handle the entire call. The worst part of the experience was how aggressive he was. When I wouldn’t sign up for direct tv he placed me on hold telling me he was looking into something. He actually was putting his supervisor on the line. I finally had to just hang up. I will not change to Direct tv due to their rude sales reps in Florida!

Atrocious Service – please do not sign up for directv. Our home got hit by lightning and we made a service call. Were told 5 days (frustration #1)…so we figured – must be busy and waited the five days. Were told we’d get a credit – we got $8 off for 5 lost days when we pay $3/day (frustration #2). Serviceman got here and said he didn’t have a ladder that would work and we would need to reschedule (frustration #3 – we began to think about cancellation). We didn’t immediately call – waiting to fix other things and think through whether we needed Directv (we’ve been customers for YEARS by the way – not a new customer).

We decided to contact them and discontinue service at this time. We have not had service for 15 days now – they refuse to akncowledge this and are asking us to pay them for a service that we have not had – because of Directv’s service problem. We are quite obviously done with them and would strongly encourage anyone NOT to use them. The satellite is very spotty during storms, but we put up with that because we used the dvr recording so had shows to watch. Of course, we also missed shows because of it. That is the norm for them but their service was horrendous.

I even forgot to mention the person I talked to first who insisted we had a service that we did not because it was in her computer that way…no apology when we found that she was wrong.

Just Say No!!! (to Directv)

My name is Kenneth Breazeale and I live in Paisley, Fl. 32767. Remember, this is where YOUR direct TV tecks installed the system. I tried paying by phone. I lost my bill and therefore do NOT know my direct TV account number. Your telephone system then asked me for a phone number to which I gave two…my cell, and my residence and your ystem rejected both and refused to allow me to pay my bill. Not good!! Very Amature! I am already agrivated at paying more than our agreement and this stupidity doesn’t help my state of mind! Question…why not ask my address, my last 4 digits of my SS number or even my name? What the heck.

Yes, it was my fault for losing the bill, but it is direct TV’s fault for using an insuficient system. For heaven’s sake… I WANT TO PAY MY BILL which, in turn PAYS YOUR SALARY. Why should you even care who pays the bill as long as it gets paid? Please try to upgrade you antiquated system so we don’t have to make what should be a simple system into a nightmare

Wow, Rocky S. You’re great… thanks for making sure I got to comcast! I really get how that 5.00 late fee on an 11.00 balance works! Thank you for writing me Directv. I see that you’ve been with us for several years and we would like to thank you for keeping your business with us. I completely understand your concern about the late fee charged and your looking to lower your monthly bill. Our records show that we indeed received a payment of $85.73 on 2/24/2011. The payment of $85.73 was for your Directv bill dated 2/5/2011 Please note that the total balance is $96.73. since there’s a remaining balance of $11.00 and it was added on your march bill , a late fee was charged. This fee is a valid charge and we are unable to credit your account at this time.

On a different note, We know you have a choice when it comes to programming providers, and we must work hard to earn your business. We’d like to speak with you to see how we can help you, so please call us at 800-531-5000 so we can assist you.

Thanks again for writing. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Rocky S. – 100275912
DIRECTV Customer Service

I recently had a Direct TV salesman knock on the door and told me he would sell me Direct TV, Internet, & Phone for $95./mo. (I was paying $159 from the other guy.) My first month bill was for $124. The second month bill was $140. I immediately canceled my service and was told about the early termination charge. My agreement was for $95./mo NOT $140. So I don’t think I broke any agreements with them, yet I was being constantly overcharged. I was lied to plain and simple and I am not happy about it at all. Now I’m going to tell every website I can find about my experience with Direct TV, and maybe help someone else make a more informed decision about their provider service.

Why in the hell cant I get an g** d***** American on the freakin’ phone when I call Direct TV? I cant understand a d*** thing these retards in India are saying its really starting to piss me off. I don’t know if its everywhere or just Direct TV but this s*** is getting pathetic. Customer service is called customer service for a reason, you get SERVICE. Not frustration from somebody in India working in a loud annoying call center.

I just signed up for direct tv choice extra package on 2-9-11. Part of the agreement was $5.00/receiver package from them to take care of the choice extra package included in the plan. They billed me $6.00/receiver saying a price increase went into effect 2/10/11 They refuse to do anything . I”ll never deal with direct tv again.

Direct TV Rebate Gift cards sucks! I got a $100 Gift card and can’t use it and by the time I got to  Young America Corp they said card expired and I lost all the money in the card. No body could tell who got the money that was unspent: DirectTV, Meta Bank, Young America Inc. Stupid thing is I can’t use the card when I have the money and by the time I got through to them to get the card fix so I can use it, Direct TV said the card expired so I lost all the money they gave. I guess it’s scam with these gift cards so that GIVE you something then use thier partners to scam you and take the money back!

After being sued by virtually every state in the country, DIRECTV has agreed to pay millions of dollars and improve its business practices. State investigators say the settlement is the direct result of thousands of complaints. “DIRECTV is the most complained about business at the Attorney General’s Office, ” said Senior Counsel Paula Selis of the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division. The company insists the issues raised in the complaints, lawsuits and settlements represent fewer than 1 percent of its 19 million customer base and most customers are extremely happy. Yeah right!

I initially was going to set up service through the Dish Network but was lied to by several phone salesman. I was taking my time to get the right price so I contacted Direct TV. The saleswoman told me that with all discounts and taxes my total bill would be 34.99. I signed up for the $5.99 insurance in case a technician needed to come out to fix the equipment. We also had 2 friends and family discounts which would deduct $10 a piece off our bill, making our grand total 20.98. We have yet to receive an accurate bill. Every month we have to call in and argue with a customer service representative to no avail. I am so displeased with our Direct TV service. This is a racket. There should be some legal repercussions to this kind of practice. It’s sickening.

I called Verizon to sign up for their package that included home phone, internet and Direct TV. I was not sure about signing up for Direct TV as I had heard mixed reviews about them so I called to get more details on the package and was informed I had 14 days to cancel my Direct TV services. After a few days with Direct TV I noticed they cable would go out every time it was windy outside. So about 4 or 5 days after our satellite was installed I called to cancel, stating our problems with their service. I was told I would have to pay a $450 cancellation fee or they could send someone out to adjust our satellite for a small fee! What????

They dropped my favorite channel! When I called and asked them why, they said they saw no value in the channel and that it just wasn’t worth having. WTF?! I can’t believe they would drop my favorite channel, with out that I can’t stand using their service! Now I’m dropping them, I can’t believe they would drop it. So long DirecTV and good riddance!

I’ve been soo lucky to have made the mistake of changing from Dish to Direct TV. This Sunday morning and I’ve waited 35 minutes to talke to someone about my DVR crashing again. Finaly a guy answers and he has to read the book on how to fix my problem. As always, when they don’t know, push the red button on both the main DVR and the bedroom or unplug it from the wall. After 3 months I hate this damn system and thier service wait times but it will cost me about $300 to change, please don’t make the same mistake I did. Direct TV is my worst nightmare!!!

I find the dart commercial in very poor taste and violent. You can hear the dart entering the neck. Don’t you think you could post a positive message for your product. Promoting violence is very bad as kids don’t associate pain and death with seeing that stuff. Please remove it. I am not liking being associated with Direct tv in any way.

Have feedback for DirecTV?