CenturyLink Customer Service

Contact CenturyLink Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-866-904-1817

CenturyLink is a Fortune 500 Company in the worldwide telecommunications industry. Founded in 1968 CenturyLink was formerly called Central Telephone and Electronic, Inc. With 47,000 employees, this publicly owned (NYSE “CTL”) grossed more than US 18 billion in revenue and US 773 million in net income in 2012. The CEO is Glen F. Post, III if you want his email address. Their subsidiaries are Century Tel, Embarq, Qwest and Savvis.

If you need customer service their website has bilingual (English/Spanish) service with a live chat that you can reached at 1-866-904-1817. You can also mail their corporate office directly at 100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, LA 71230.

The best option to file a complaint would be using our online form. Although most users are still reporting problems with their service or even class action lawsuits on a regular basis. If you are having tech support issues they have an entire page dedicated to that as well. Their website has a tab for quick bill paying and “How to Use, Troubleshooting or Fix Services”.

The company frequently hosts topics such as Corporate, Bright Ideas and Security on their Blog with recent articles about ‘retailers this season’ and ‘the next generation of cyber security’. CenturyLink has a presence in social media through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+. Their corporate account on Twitter is most responsive @CenturyLink or send an urgent request to them using the Twitter handle .

CenturyLink Contact Information

B+

9am-5pm CST

Browse reviews of other Cable TV

Top CenturyLink Complaints

after your company was able to get your system running we were not able to access our tv. when we called they directed us to an off shore account person who told us our computer was hacked. You have no record of the call and who we spoke to so I wonder if it was a scam. we are 100% dissatisfied with your service!!!

I called the customer service number 800-244-1111 to ask a simple question about my service. I was on the phone 45 minute and talked to 3 people and was then hung up on. No-one knew the answer to my question and one representative told me there were no services connected to my account.That's nuts! I am using the services and I am getting billed for them each month. Centurylink customer service is horrible. Representatives are rude, uniformed and inaccurate compared to other companies with similar services Centurylink is the only provider in my area. This would not happen with free enterprise. So much for regulation!

internet at my home was not working this morning and is still down. When I called the service center, half the time the line was busy and when I did get through my call was dropped 5 times, sorry but your service both internet ( this is the 3rd time we have had service problems) and your service numbers are substandard to say the least. If I do not hear from you by 8am tomorrow morning and in a satisfactory way, I will be filling a complaint with our state's Public regulatory commission on your very poor service both internet and service response.

I was put under contract without being notifed or even told via phone. Had my monthly bill auto deducted from my bank account for 41.94 per month. When I cancelled the rep told me I would have that amount taken out for 4 more months to pay off contract. Instead 191.85 was taken 12/11/2018 and left me without money in my account.

got no dial tone on phone called in yesterday,they were to be here between 1p.m. and 5p.m. but did not show up. very poor service.

I have been asking for faster internet for years. All i get is when I call is sign up on web site, as is not available in your area yet. I live in a rural area and more customer is unlikely to happen. I work for state of FL. from home on line. I really would like faster internet. My address 242 NE Dixon ct, Lee, FL. 32059. All your customers in Lee/Madison would like faster internet, as I see people making comments in Facebook. Please check in to this. I feel it’s unfair just because there is a little customer, we don’t get what a populated area does. Thank you for looking in to this. Gloria

We Ordered CenturyLink internet service on-line and had the service installed on 10/26/18. We paid $115.81 for the 1st month service and installation. We are staying in a RV park and in late November we had to take our RV to a shop for some repairs. Two weeks later we returned to our site and hooked up our router, but the internet was not working. After a chat line exchange, and many phone calls (plus being discontinued and transferred at least 7 times!) we find out our service was discontinued. Now we have to order new service and someone has to come out to physically switch us back on. that takes 4 days for them to come out to do this, so we are without internet for another 7 days total. Plus they are charging us another service fee to reconnect our service. Centurylink is reimbursing us for the initial hook up costs. but why do I have to go 7 days without service?! We did not disconnect our service, Centurylink did that!

Also, I ordered service from Centurylink, I don't care if it's called a simple account, regular account, or any account at all. Yet Centerylink seems to have a firewall between customer service on different account types. NOT CUSTOMER CENTRIC! I got transferred 7 different times, put on hold a dozen times, had my call dropped and disconnected 3 times, and it was always "oh that's this department, or that's that department, someone else needs to help on that. I spent two hours on the phone today to try to try to sort this out. Now I have to wait for service again, and someone needs to do something which will probably take 10 seconds when they get here.

Greetings,
I called on Oct. 24th to close my account since Iwas moving to new location. The CS Rep. Told me that Century link can turn the service back on within 2 weeks and that the cost of any new line up to 2500 ft will be covered by Century Link. I agreed to move my service to new location and have been waiting since then for connection. Two months later and I still don't have any service.

Please escalate and address this issue.

Thanks

i put in a order on line for wifi got a email back saying that i would have wifi hooked up on 11-09-2018 still have no wifi i wated all day at home wateing on some one to show up from centrylink i calld in at 4 pm talked to a rep she told me that a teck was on his way to hook up my wifi ok at 6 pm still no teck so i am really p.o so i calld in again talked to a rep he could not find a order there was no account number for this order i spent two hrs on hold wile he was talking to some one about why i dont have wifi yeat by this time i,am just ready to ask for my money back he tells me that i will not have wifi for 10 to 20 days because they are doing someting with the cable lines and i am not happy at all i payed 45.00 for my first 30 days and dec will soon be here and i will have to pay a nother 45.00 for someting i dont have because i kerp geting the run around from this company and i did file a complaint with the fcc about this i am in disability and i have never ben treated so bad from a company like this and if something dont happen soon i will just ask for my money back is this how cable comp treat new castamers and i would like some one to get a hold of me about this

After switching from Comcast to CenturyLink about a year ago, I have had nothing but problems. Since I used Centurylink for my basic landline, I decided to gamble and try bundling to save money. I even set payment up on my credit card and purchased their Modem/Router.

When I first had DSL “set up”- I paid $60 for set up alone. The tech arrived and got me going and even brought Router with him. The NEXT DAY, I was without phone and/or internet. I had to go to a neighbors to make a service call after going through all their automated BS. A few days later (without phone or internet) a senior tech arrived and worked on problem for several hours. He said everything was fine now and he removed 2600 feet of unused copper from the house. I later found out that they upgraded my phone plan without informing me. I tried to set up and configure options such a no solicitation and disabling answering (as I have a machine which I prefer). Trying to get someone to help with just logging in was impossible- I tried so many time with the answer “sorry, I am unable to help” I just gave up and cursed them. They told me that they reset my password, but guess what- they did not.
Two months ago, my phone went out again, but at least I still had internet. No here is another thing that really annoyed me. I tried filing a service request to fix my landline (no cell phone) and they informed me that due to security, they could not dispatch a service tech based on internet request alone and told me to call in request. I became more outraged and told them THE PHONE OUTAGE WAS THE PROBLEM.
I had to constantly contact them to check status as I had no phone and just received multiple emails asking for a review of service when NONE had been given. The lowest rating they had was a one so for feedback I asked them to add a ZERO (or even negative ratings).
They kept closing the ticket because they said they remotely checked the circuit and all was fine on “their” end. After a week I finally heard the phone ring and it was a CenturyLink tech. I assumed problem was fixed and as soon as I hung up to call billing dept., again no dial tone so had to start service all over again. They tried to tell me it was my telephones and brushed me off to another department who would charge $$$$ to come test/diagnose my home phones. Again, no one ever appeared. Note- for each time I requested service, they told me to be home and gave a time range of 6-8 hours of wasting my time. After 11 days they finally resolved the issue without ever showing up at my house. It was a broken terminal on the outside termination box yards away from the house.

I was quoted a price of $80/Month with a “no price change guarantee” as stated in their TV commercials. I just received a post card from Centurylink stating that after reviewing customer billing, they had been underbilling and not charging Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) taxes and will be adding it to the next billing. They informed me that there will be no back billing for their mistake.
This is not only the worst experience trying to receive service, but false advertising.

David, the product rep who was assisting me during my call on 10/16/17. I was looking to upgrade my service. He hung up when my husband wanted to further discuss it. Stating he spend 35 minutes on this call. As a long time customer this level of unprofessionalism may have cost you all a customer.

Disappointed Customer

Billing agent Jordan hung up on me while I trying to understand my billing - very bad

Jose Maria Telleria
thejrt1@msn.com
208-343-9159

On Oct 3rd. I called and spoke with customer service and see why my monthly charges increased $10.00 and asked if these charges could be adjusted since I'm a good customer. NO they could not help me, so I asked to be transferred to disconnect my services because of this and being low income and on s/s I simply cannot afford this. I spoke with "Jose"...AB53824...C89387114 and he said that he was able to do some adjustments. After waiting several minutes Jose said he could lower my monthly to almost what it originally was...which was $64.91 to INCLUDE taxes and etc. and NO OTHER CHANGES IN MY SERVICE. I had him repeat this three times while I wrote everything down. I asked Jose if this was temporary and he said NO, that as long as I was in "good standing" with Century Link this monthly charge will not change.
Today I receive a Order Change Confirmation in the mail that my monthly charges will be $85.00 not to include taxes and etc. The monthly charges increased instead of decreased!!!!! This is outrageous for a 76 year old disabled woman to have to go through. I tried to get this resolved, but being Saturday no one is available. I will wait until Monday, October 15th to see what your company will do. I am very disappointed with your company and how I am being treated.

18 days no phone service different lie each time I call

Called 5 minutes apart recording said will be repaired Sept. 1
representive said August 29

Billing problems. I will never recommend another friend to get CenturyLink. I make payment through bill pay from my bank. Every month 1st of the month $55.00 The month I recommended CenturyLink to a friend I got $50.00 But I have auto bill pay and kept paying the same amount every month. A couple months after the $50. apparently, they showed me $5. short because when they gave me the $50 it left a $5. When paying the next bill $55. it was 1 day late, unknown why since it is paid the same time each month. So I had to pay the $5. and $9. for being late. Unknown where the $50. for referral has gone most likely in someone's pocket. I talked to two customer service reps. one being a supervisor. Long story short he could not tell me about the $50. and would do nothing to rectify the problem. I will never recommend CenturyLink to anyone ever again and go as far as to discourage someone from CenturyLink.

I have sold my home and contacted Century Link to disconnect internet service effective August 3, 2018.

Instead they disconnected service July 16, 2018. A supervisor told me it would be reconnected by July 18, 2018.

Now they say they cannot reconnect because they no longer service the area where I live.

I have been a customer for 2 years.

Now I have no internet service until August 4, 2018. I am definitely not staying with Century Link and I am now switching to WAVE which provides broadband service to my new house.

Terrible customer service. cant provide a simple email for mail conformation of change I requested. Will discontinue my service. Very displeased

8 days for a repair to a home line. Had to call customer service 5 times to connect with a person due to disconnections, and "sorry we're closed" recordings on a "24/7" contact number.

conThe regular amount that century give me is always (Forty Five Dollar a month) $45.00 every month. But when March comes they did not accept my payment for $45.00 instead they asking me to pay $124.00 where i believed no balance on my payment April 2018. I call century link but hard to wait for long hour to speak with customer representative. Now I can’t watch TV because they said I have to pay my balance
Century link ought me an explanation why they charge me $124.00.? For explanation where did they get the 124.00 while I am always pay on time $45.00. Thanks for your payment!
Confirmation Number: 14257262353
PAYMENT DETAILS:
Bill Payment: $45.00
Convenience Fee*: $0.00
Total Payment: $45.00
Payment Date: 04/11/2018
In fact century ought me an explanation because of over charges. I reported century link about my internet no services since 1-09 -18 that the services cut off. I reported 1-12-18 I can’t call then right away when I learned no internet because I am sick so I call 1/12/18 instead. Services resume 1/16/18 a different of one week. But they charge me the same amount of $45.00 as if there is no interception. I have no internet for one week they should less the amount of no service but they still charge me in a regular amount of $45.00. Now they over charges. Now I can’t watch TV I suffer for their over charges. I will file a complaint to:
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
1700 G St. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20552
consumerfinance.gov/complaint sumerfinance.gov/complaint

We had "high speed internet" and ended up cancelling after 4 years of overpaying and service not working at all or at dial up speed, we cancelled it. When we would call to complain, customer service representatives would apologize and could not believe that we had that kind of service. Our phone line goes out all of the time, which is SUPER inconvenient because we get 1 bar on cell phone service, it takes 5 days for them to look at, and then when it gets fixed, nobody tells you or bothers to call!! Meanwhile, I am sitting at home burning my vacation time waiting for a tech that was NEVER going to show up and guess what????? I still get to pay my full bill. I feel that we should receive a discount on our bill when we don't have service this long. I actually feel sorry for the Customer Service Representatives for what they have to listen to, when it really isn't their fault.

Staff is extremely unprofessional and always extremely rude when you call. The employees constantly just transfer the calls and will always hang up on you at least once during the phone call causing you to call back and repeat the same issues over and over. The bill constantly slowly increases after they have given you a set amount and also has unspecified additional charges and when questioned about the charges they give an answer that is not even relevant to the question that was asked or switches the topic. I spoke with Robert employee ID number 9975250 (Which he says this is his information, which I am sure is a lie) and he was nothing but rude the entire conversation and rather than attempting to correct the issue he was quick to have me cancel the services after I have been paying them for the past 4 years for services. This is not the first time that my bill has been altered to a higher amount. The staff at centurylink are very rude and do not appear to care about the customer satisfaction. I will be switching services as soon as I am able to get a new service provider.

My complaint is about my mothers account with Centurylink. I handle my mothers account because she does not understand anything about the internet or computers. A sales rep told my mother and me that the 10 mps was fast enough to stream videos and play games. It is not! She cannot use her On Demand because the internet is too slow. This is the only reason she wants internet. When she tries to watch videos on Youtube, it buffers constantly, even when she pauses the video and waits for it to load. My mother is planning on dropping them and going with a better company.

Been paying for 3.5 mbs , and only getting 2.0 mbs at best. Feels like I'm back in 1995 on dial up. If you don't do something better, Spectrum is right down the road. Decline in business means decline in stock By the time you realized what went wrong it will be to late. Spectrum is fixing to move in. Worst speeds on the market.

I contacted the phone company 3 weeks ago and they fixed the problem. However, every time we experience a bad wind, heavy rain or a heavy snow storm my service does not work. I pay for the service monthly and I am getting tired of the issue and constantly calling you. I would appreciate the issue being resolved once and for all or I feel that I must switch my services to the Cable Company. I have been with your company for over 40 years and really wish that this issue could be resolved quickly so that I do not continue to have this problem. I wonder if anyone has actually thought to check the telephone line itself!

Why is it that you WILL NOT upgrade internet service unless a modem is purchased thru CenturyLink? The modem you are selling for $150.00 is well overpriced. I was told by your rep/ that in order to upgrade to 40mpbs, I would need a new modem and I could not supply my own modem which is compatible with the upgrade to 40mpbs. So 60.00 for tech installation and a new modem from CL in the amount of 150.00.....210.00 is ridiculous.

BTW, the same CL modem can be purchased on Ebay for around 50.00.

Around July or Aug I decided to take your high speed internet and unlimited calling at the rate of 85 dollars. Over all around $ 95 including taxes and fees. Around oct the bill changed to over $ 100. At the time it was suppose to be FLAT RATE . Since Oct I've been being charged for local long distance. Had to call every month for adjustments. Have talked to so many people that I've lost count . Effective In march if this problem is not resolved I will no longer need your service. Thank You Tom D Tugman

The new email system does not work very well. I have gone through the fix it with your representatives twice and more problems show up. Currently if I compose an email and press the TO button to bring up my contacts list there is a long wait time, maybe one minute, for the list to appear. Also if I wish to add a internet address within the message content, it does not accept a past command but directs to use control-V and puts the address in the subject line.

I have been a long time happy customer and expect century link to either quickly fix all the problems or maybe go back to the old email system. I am not anxious to drop my centurylink internet, email, and land phone but at some point that may be necessary.

Thru their website I ordered a speed upgrade for my internet. I received email confirmation with ref. #C76105766. It stated service upgrade would happen 12/8/17. Did not happen on that date. Emailed them and received email back saying call them. Called them but their phone system kept hanging up on me. 6 times. Did not accept punched in and voiced account number. When finally got through as having no account number available the phone system put me on hold then rang once and then hung up! Tried again and when they finally answered I started to explain problem and was hung up on with out a word being said from their end. Tried again and finally got a person to hear my problem and he submitted a whole new order. Said I have to wait another week for system upgrade. Could not explain why initial order not done. I asked if there was a complaint dept. I could talk to about the automated system that kept screwing up and hanging up on me. He checked and was told no such dept. existed. I laughed and thanked him for his time.
I want to note that I was patient and polite at all times. I did hear hear loud yelling and profanity going on in the background while talking to the polite young man assisting me.

I have CenturyLink Prism and would like to know why HGTV programing for prime time shows is at 10pm which is too late for Colorado. It should be at 7pm. Several of our favorite shows, one of which is rated #1 and the new seasons starts tonight, the new season starts at 10pm and it should start at 7pm. Is there anyway this can be rectified. I am especially speaking of Fixer Upper. When we used Dish Network it always started at 7pm which is suppose to be prime time Mountain Standard time, right?

I just moved into a house at 8 Rivers Bend ct. Moscow Mills, Mo. 63362. My complaint has dot do with NOT being able to get internet service, when centurylink is the only service in my subdivision!!!! When I called to get service I was told that there is no available lines in my area, and that is a waiting list. Now the problem with that is I found out my neighbor has been on this “list” for 2 YEARS, which is not acceptable. The subdivision, Majestic Lakes, will be building new houses in the next few months, and what are you going to tell the people who buy these houses? That they have to be put on a waiting list? and not to have updated lines with no CAP on the speed. We are in the process of contacting a lawyer yo get another internet provider in this subdivision.

I have been a business customer with you for 20 years and get my bill each month in the mail. Acct:# 410716027

Recently we had the internet reconnected after 3 years @ home. It has been a nightmare! It took almost a month to get it working.
I never received a bill until you sent me a disconnect notice because I did not pay. Tried to explain I never got a bill, nevertheless, sent them
a check for 318.11 as they requested on 10-25-17. Today( Nov 10-17), still have not received a bill therefore went to check on line, and it says due Nov 7 17 48.24. Sent that in today. Please ask if they could send me a bill each month so I am not late and can review the bill.
Thanks Geri
989 464 6219
989 735 3716 office- Mon Wed & Fri

Transferred 9 times then hung up on. Nothing done to resolve my problem! Paying for services that are supposed to be great are Not! Doing things without my authorization to my line and being told that it will e fixed but isnt

I have now a second bill from Centurylink. The problem is I do not have Centurylink. They refuse to stop sending me bills for something I never got.
I spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone from Shirlree to Mark in billing to Lamysia in the Retention Dept. I provided name account number phone number. I do not feel any other information is needed. Lamysia refused to provide a supervisor to resolve problem. Lamysia refused to do anything with the said account until I provide personal information.

At the end of last month I called to complain about periodic lack of connection to the internet. The person I spoke with said she would make adjustment on my next bill. My next bill dated Oct. 12, 2017, just arrived. There is no adjustment shown. The problem I have with being able to connect with the internet has been happening for quite a while; I have lodged numerous complaints. I do not like being charged for full service when I do not have full service. Also I don't like being placated with false promises of adjustments. I have been a CenturyLink customer for years (in fact I was a customer under my husband's name when your company was CenturyTel) Believe me, I am a very dissatisfied customer!

I was schedule for service (internet and WIFI) for my small business on 19 October, 2017. I was informed that the Technician should have the order completed by 1:00PM on that date. However, after not seeing any representative of Century Link, I called customer service and was told that the order according to the system had been completed. I informed them that in fact it hasn't been completed. I was told that the Dispatch would be contacted and so I waited, the person came back on the phone and said that the Tech wasn't answering their phone, and they would have him contact me. That was the first call to Century Link, after no call, I called again later in the day, and the very same thing happened. I was informed that Century Link would have a Tech back out there in the morning to install my internet, WIFI and router. So, about midmorning on 20 October, 2017, I called customer service again, I was again informed that they had contacted the Supervisor at Dispatch and he would be giving me a call to let me know the status. No call was received, I again called and was told that they were sending the Tech to my business now. We shall see. This is the most unprofessional way of business I have ever been a party too. I'm expected to pay for a service, and yet I can't get what I'm paying for in a timely manner. How do you close out an order, and not have ever been to the site to install it? I hope that our relationship is better in the future. This is unsatisfactory.

Arranged to have a second static ip connection installed. We now have only one. Confirmation number is 03507931 our account number is 311807724. My appointment date was originally Oct 16. Service Tech never showed up. I called and was told the day was not the 16th but the 19th. (my notes say differently) Oct 19th rolls around and again a no show. Called for answers and was told that the tech assigned to our job does not know how to install a static ip and if I didn't mind the best guy they have for this job will be at our office first thing the next morning. Told he would be there by 8 or 9. Again no show. I just called again and was told that the Tech has us down but is busy on another job and may or may not get to us today. WHAT THE HECK!!! This is just too much. The person on the phone says that because of the hurricane the men are slammed. THEN WHY NOT TELL US THAT!!! I have scheduled 3 times now a IT guy to be here and each time I have to keep sending him away. DOES COMCAST DO THIS??? Hummm I wonder.

I pay monthly for 10Mbps but seem to get less than 6Mbps daily if I'm lucky. If you look at my account, you will see that I complain weekly and monthly about the poor service. I am told every time that there is an outage in my area. My QUESTION is... why can't this be fixed? this outage has been going on for over the past three months and I'm getting very tired of paying for less that I deserve.

I have had problems for over a month and cannot get help. I am hearing impaired so I cannot call. This is the letter I wrote after Century Link told me to send as much information as possible.

Comment: RE: Ticket# NTM000019465254. For the last 2 months, my WIFI has been very slow. Then in the Beginning of Sept, I started having problems getting onto sights such as my bank, Dr, and mail order prescriptions and even Century link to check my bill but I had paid $188.70 when I had used friends computer to get into my bank and check my bills.I noticed Century Link did not get paid so I paid it thru my bill pay. I depend on my computer as I am hearing impaired and cannot hear on the phone. I rec'd an email saying to contact Century link cuz I owed over $300. I tried numerous times to get on chat but was unable-I kept getting a message saying-We had an unexpected error, please try again. Then I could not get onto my email-it said password incorrect so I changed my password numerous times and it said same. I went to the Coon Rapids office on and brought a copy of the check that my bank had sent to prove I paid the bill and also to talk to them about not being able to get on my email and how bad my service was. He tried to get on my emailed and couldn't. He got ahold of financial and sent copies of check ect. On the fax, he wrote to contact my husbands phone to let me know when the investigation was over. He even circled that. They also told me that they were having problems with wifi in my area but it should be fixed soon. The next day, I had a phone call from Century link. I told them it was a caption phone and they had to give me time to see what they were saying. They hung up so then next day I went back to the store and found out they found I had paid. I talked to them again about the service and the fact that I could not get onto my email. I also told them I wanted my phone cancelled. They told me they could not do that, I had to contact them myself. I told them again that I cannot hear and my chat did not work. They said it should be fixed soon and keep trying. At home-I kept trying. I had to get ahold of my Dr and order my meds thru the mail order. I went back to the store and there was only 1 person (on a Saturday )working and he was on phone. I waited about half hr only to be told he cannot do anything I would have to come back Mon and talk to the person that helped me before. I went back on Monday and talked to the manager Brendan Tloigan. He worked with me trying to get me back on. It seemed like he did but I wanted to make sure I could get on so I asked to used their computer. It again did not work. I was able to get onto chat at the store but after a very long wait between every time she asked me something, Brendan then contacted Century Link and was again told again they were having problems. I was at the store for 1 1/2 hrs trying to get this fixed and it still was not fixed. I kept trying a few more days but my computer was so slow-would take 3-5 min to get on anything. I used someone elses computer to pay my bills but I was late on Verizon bill for which I was charged $25. I went back to store again-this was my 5th trip there. It was obvious that the person who helped me was not happy I was back. I told him I still having problems. He told me there was nothing he could do. He said his manager already tried and could do nothing so he couldn't. I was so upset at the way he said it. I told him I would have to cancel if this would not be fixed. He said OK, I can do that. I asked about what would happen because I was bundled with Direct TV.He said that would be a problem because I would have to pay more if I wasn't bundled, He then asked if I wanted someone to come out and check it. I said yes because if anything would help, I wanted to stay with Century Link. He scheduled one to come out between 4-6 on wed so that my husband would be home. The technician called my husband that morning and wanted to come right then. It was very inconvenient for me and I had wanted my husband there but said OK. When he got there, I showed him how to close fence we have so my cat would not get out. About 20 min later, I went outside for something and I noticed the technician had left the gate open. I could not find our cat. I had to call my husband who came home from work to find her. He missed 2-3 hours of work over this. The technician had put in a new modem. He said something about the wires being bad because they went behind my fridge so he moved it to a different place. Now I rec'd an order change confirmation. It says I got a phone installed and was $60. What the heck is this? I already had a phone installed. He changed the modem, not install the phone. All this has cost me so much in time and money and caused me much distress. I am on social security so cannot afford this. I drove about 150 miles going back and forth to the store 5 times, I had to pay a late fee on Verizon bill, husband missed 2-3 hrs work due to the tech not closing gate. I have been so depressed since this all started and it still is not fixed. I feel like I was not treated right when I went to the store, because I was hearing impaired. I had to ask them to repeat what they said a lot to make sure I was hearing it right What is a hearing impaired person supposed to do if I cannot go in person for help. I just now went back onto Century link to check my currant bill again. this is what I keep seeing----Oh no! We're so sorry. We are experiencing technical difficulties and can't complete your request. Rest assured, we've been notified of the problem and will do our best to make sure it doesn't continue happening. Don't worry, everything is going to be ok. To get back on track, please use the other links on this page. Susan Szymanski

Today I have been trying to see my bill but am unable to get into my account.

I feel like I have not been treated right as I cannot hear. They tell me to call--I can't call. I do not think they understand that I am deaf and cannot call.I went to the store 5 times because I could talk to them in person but they say they cannot help me. However they did say they can disconnect me. I have been a customer since Century Link took over Quest and would like to stay a customer. What more can I do?

I would like to be compensated someway as this has been so consuming and has cost me so much time, money and causing depression.

Can you please look into it?

Susan Szymanski

I can not understand why I receiving a bill, when I no longer have service that are provided by your company. I guess we are going to have to take this to court. I have tried to resolve this issue on several occasions and to no avail. I have not been mailed out a tag to put on my box to return to y'all and I have service with spectrum as of 8/22/17. I have fulfilled my obligation to CenturyLink and I'm continually being harassed by your company. I last spoke with a Patrick,which is a supervisor that ,I requested. I have been having issue with this company and thought that It was taken care of, but as I can see you want to continue to bill me and my service should have been disconnected on 8/20/17. At no time have a request to have this poor service any longer. My sister has had issues with you and my parents have had issues with this company. I'm requesting to speak with someone in the corporate office. 1,poor customer service representatives,2, Supervisor do not handle situations of customers complaints well,3, technician fail on several occasions to follow customers instructions. When you have a business and are dealing with customers it should be the company's goal to provide a good product,service, training for Supervisors,representatives,and technicians,but apparently CenturyLink rather lose customers that are totally disappointed with service. I would like to know why I'm still being billed and I need to know why my account has not been closed out as it has a record in your system. I request that this matter be handled in a professional manner I'm a heart patient ,I'm on a fix income, and these last charges are unwarranted. At the latest Patrick stated , '8/30/2017.' I hate to complain,but if I have to address this matter on social media, better business bureau, and suit I will. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only customer that is having this problem out of your company.My phone number that I can be reached is 254 462 3410.

We get repeated hangups and debt harassment recordings on this service line annoying,252 438 2924 contacted no Roy cooper attorney gene

I have now been on hold for 45 minutes after going through the automated system trying to cancel my service. This is the second day in a row I have attempted to do this. (I had to hang up after 30 minutes yesterday)I have been a prompt paying customer for over 17 years. If I want to add a service my wait is less than 4 minutes. I own 2 businesses and 3 homes and Century Link is by far the worst company to deal with. I have told everyone I know to transfer their service. I just sold one of my businesses which is why I am canceling my acct. The new owner appropriately is going to another provider.

I cancelled CenturyLink 1 year ago and did not have any equipment to be returned because I did not rent any equipment from CenturyLink but in fact I bought it. A few months after I had cancelled I received a bill from CenturyLink in the amount of $98 and some cents for unreturned equipment. I called customer service and the young ladies over my account and she confirmed that I owe nothing because I never rented equipment but paid for it in full when I purchased it. She assured me that she will note my account and remove the charge and that I would have nothing to worry about. Yesterday I received a letter from a collection agency for unreturned equipment and the amount was $98 and a few cents. They're trying to charge me for something that I bought and paid in full. CenturyLink is a pack of Thieves and con artists as well as scammers.

Quite a few years ago I had a dispute regarding billing on my phone service. That company was bought by Quest than bought by Centurylink. Now I can't upgrade or add services because they say I owe $98. It's not the amount but the principle of it. They held a payment check received on Fri. over to Mon. making it late even though I proved it was received on time.

A Centurylink representative comes to my house sometimes up to six times a day a couple days a month. Even though there is a very nice (No Soliciting) sign next to our front door they complete ignore it and don't stop talking. Centurylink is the only company to ever be so obnoxious and irritating to the point now there is absolutely never use them. I don't care if the service is free. Centurylink has horrible practices. And I know almost all if not every neighbor of mine thinks the same way I do about there business practices. Don't come around my house anymore Centurylink.

We set up new service they were suppose to be out here wed BC to hook up our phone and Internet but they did not show we called they said they would be here to day but no they did not show up its been a month but they sent me a bill for services I have not got yet.

Sat on the phone for 2.5 hours just trying to get a basic home phone service. Kept getting hung up. The last call the lady too told me that the number (account) they gave me she couldn't find. Which the last 6people I had some too could. Well she put me on "hold" to speak to a supervisor. After 30mins. She tells me they are now closed and I'm going to have to call back tomorrow. And try to figure it out!

The agent assured me that Century link does not creep your bill up a dollar or two at a time. He assured me that my bill for internet and phone would be around 80 to 85 dollars tops (and this included all taxes and surcharges). My first bill was 101 my second 103 my third 106 and this month 107. I tried calling customer service and when I finally got ahold of a customer service agent he stated that he sees my bill is creeping up but that looks normal and when I asked him why it was going up every month he said I don't know they just do that.

He then stated he was transferring me to someone who could answer the question and I sat on hold for more that half an hour and no one picked up. What a joke! When was it okay to rip off the consumer? When did it become acceptable to have terrible customer service and still be in business? I need someone to call me back so I can cancel this unprofessional service. I would rather pay more to an honest company than get swindled.

My daughter called to set up CenturyLink Excel service and was routed to someone who sold her a CenturyLink bundle that we do not want and my daughter can't afford. After four separate calls, I was told they can't cancel service in first 24 hours! Makes no sense. They have no problem selling unneeded services to a naive person and then can't cancel the order? I was given different numbers to call by each person I talked to. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the supervisor would tell me the same thing. They use a hard sell approach and then make it impossible to cancel.

I have been sent to collection agency Central Credit Service LLC for an outstanding invoice. I knew this wasn't right since the sent me a check for $440.90 and I had returned their modem. Interestingly enough the girl behind the counter told me to hang on to the receipt and tracking number because they are notorious for billing you for not returning the modem. What she didn't say or know was that they also do not try to contact you before they send it to collection.

I've spent 4 hours being bounced around and "Taken care of. " But not one person apologized for my inconvenience. When I started to ask questions about things like, had they tried to contact me, or what their procedure was to send some one to collection I was informed we have taken you out of collections and there is nothing further I can do for you. I do have other calls to take the person said. I still have not been able to talk to the collection agency to see if indeed I was taken out our if there was a negative effect on my credit. They won't call me back. I would suggest Cable One or at the very least keep your receipts.

Had 2 CenturyLink sales people knock on my door (end of June 2016) promoting prism tv, said i was with direct tv and i was happy, showed me i could save 60 dollars a month, i informed them that i would be moving in a couple of months (Sept. 15, 2016) they said it would be a free install here and there, said alright, if it's free and i'm saving money. Called Sept 6, 2016 to coordinate move, was told i couldn't take prism with me, the fiber optic lines haven't been laid on the street i was moving to previous address on 79th.

I moved around the corner on 80th. Upset because I broke my contract with direct t v to go to prism, but alright. Next thing please don't disconnect my services until Sept 15th (day of move) they shut everything off on Sept 14th at midnight, on the phone with customer service, loyalty, retention team from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm. Spoke to 14 different reps at the end of everything was told i would receive a $330.00 credit and not to be charged a fee to break my prism contract.

After all it wasn't my fault i couldn't take services with me, by the time i got off the phone with Brandi in the retention ream, she told me my final bill would be $50. I asked if i should pay it now, she said no, to wait till the final bill arrived, when that came it was $378., total thought they forgot to add credit. Next thing I know internet was cut off, I spent the next day again on the phone with century link, they told me they would not give that amount of credits to a customer, that there was no record of what i was talking about and hung up on my 3 times.

I finally got a hold of a rep who literally pieced together what happened to me when they lied to just get me off the phone, he said unfortunately his fellow co workers do this all the time and i should expect a call from Brandi's supervisor within 48 hours, of course no call, needless to say my stress level was at an all time high, I can't believe a company of their magnitude would treat their customers this way!! I then called after the 48 hour mark was up and these crazy people wanted to revisit the whole fiasco and try and keep me as a customer, are you kidding me?

All I wanted at this point was to send me out a box to send them back their equipment and to make sure they stopped billing me and hung up on 2 times wasted time 3 hours this time, called the next day finally discontinued services and to mail out return equipment box, then i was informed i would be charged a fee for breaking my contract. I told them it's ok for you folks to lie to me and break your word to me but you want to charge me?

I then informed them I will be disputing the charges and they were the worst company ever! Up until this incident I never had a problem with century link, but I always heard of other people talk about how they put them through the ringer, but this by far was the most upsetting worst display of customer service I've ever experienced!

I called to have my internet service changed to a lower service due to slow speeds I was getting and paying for but not getting. But Christina said that this shouldn't be happening, so not to change she's send out a tech at no charge with a new modem and increase our speed and it would be lower cost. Well he came swapped out our modem, kept our old one which we paid for! Then comes the bill which included a service call and a fee for the modem. Really you took ours that we paid for ourselves, no credit on the bill. Called transferred numerous times till finally Stephanie helped me an hour and half later.

Reversed the charges and I asked for some type of credit for the entire call time. You will love this response well I got you the credit didn't I? Credit that wasn't suppose to be charged in the first place. Then comes this you were only with me for around 35 minutes and that doesn't deserve a credit. Then the real kicker they said that my credit card company declined 2 months of payments. So the first time I called to see what happened she states it was an internal error not my fault give her the card number and make a payment, well that didn't happen she notes account saying I will call back to pay.

What, then it happens again call and this time well it's your issue call your credit card company and see what happened. I ask if they had a declined message nope just says declined. Now I need to send to someone who actually cares there a copy of a letter from my credit card company stating that the error was CenturyLink's not mine.

I called CenturyLink HQ and requested phone service explained that I had previously had service but the line ran no where. I had built a new home and needed service. They came out and turned on the service but did not route me a line into the house. I called and explained three more times . Finally some one came out he was very nice and said he understood and would help. I waited two more weeks and called and was told I had canceled the service. I had not cancelled it.

Finally service started the line was bad I called and they said if they come into your home it will cost you but their is no reason to have a phone that is not working half the time 5 days of the two weeks I had the phone it was not working. They man came out and found the trouble was u the road. He was Nice and helpful. The people that came and ran the line were very nick but the most of the people I speak with over the phone have not been two have been nice the rest have not they have been rude with a derogatory tone, confrontational attitude.

I asked for a basic service we mainly use or cell phones and I had yet to get the price we agreed upon when we ordered the phone. I don't know if I have made someone mad or what but the service that I have been receiving is poor.

About one month ago I attempted to get internet service with Century Link. Upon processing my bill I was asked to pay a $50 deposit. I received an email advising me I cannot receive service in my area and a refund was processed for the $50 deposit. The next day I received the equipment, which confused me so I called Century Link only to be told the equipment had to be sent back and my refund was never processed fully. The representative advised me the refund would reach me in 2 weeks. It has been almost a month and no refund. Every time I call I'm transferred from one representative to another with no results. All I can say is that $50 must be alot money for all that trouble. Really bad customer service.

This complaint is about CenturyLink and the scam they are running. On August 22, 2016 I call CenturyLink customer care to have my internet service moved to my new resident (2 blocks away, but same town). I spoke to a CSR named Angelica. I told her I just wanted to move my internet service. my price at that time was $29.95 plus $3.99 for internet recovery fee. Angelica told me she could give me a deal if i got DirectTV service thought centuryLink. I was on the phone with her for over 2 hours and I was told i could get centuryLink internet for $14.95 plus $3.99 internet recovery fee a month for the first 12 months then $24.95 for the last 12 months on a 2 year agreement, and DirectTV for $60.00 a month for the first 12 months on a 2 year agreement.

The DirectTV service deal would include service for 2 TVs, no monthly fee for HD DVR Genie and additional receiver in bedroom, and 3 months of HBO, Stars, and Showtime free. To guarantee the price i would have to put the acct on auto pay, which i did. I included the protection plan with DirectTV for an additional price of $7.99 a month. In total my monthly bill should have been $86.93, no additional fees or taxes. But they did the bait and switch on me. My bill was for $120.13.

So I called centuryLink and was on the phone with them for 1 hour and 59 minutes. i told them i was not getting what i was promised. First CSR i talked to said she would credit me the $11.46, but then said i would have to speak to DirectTV to correct their charges. (it's both companies on the same bill thru centuryLink). she transfer me to a CSR at DirectTV named Scott. I told him the story and we had to contact CenturyLink and do a three-way call to correct this. Scott stayed on the phone with me while i got passed on to 3 other people (Michelle, Jordan and the Supervisor Jose).

Michelle tried to fix it then put me on hold, then Jordan picked up and i had to start all over again. Jordan said he had to run another credit report on me cause it wasn't showing that the first CSR Angelica did it (she told me she did and had asked for my SSI number). Jordan asked for my SSI number at which time I had to tell Scott from DirectTV he had to leave the 3 way call and he did.

Jordan then tried to tell me there was nothing he could do about my bill and said "sometimes people here will just say things that aren't true and he can't do anything about that. I then asked for a Supervisor and was transferred to Jose. He said he would not give me the price I was promised in the beginning and said there was no one else i could talk to about it. (he was the end of the line), then said he was going to hang up on me because there was nothing he would do about it. I tried calling again but got passed around again and again. I was told if i cancelled the service I would be charged a $480.00 fee. This is crazy. How can a company like centuryLink do this and get away with it? I was lied to, they used the "bait and switch" on me and I call this fraud.

My complaint is that your firm has used a bait and switch tactic to gain my business. My bundled package price has crept up over the last several months. Each month, I call your firm to discuss the increase with customer service personnel. I have obtained names as well as confirm numbers that the situation would be remedied to no avail. My bill is virtually doubled this month. The reason is that there was supposedly balances carried forward with late charges.

These balances had been agreed to credits with four different customer service team members that I spoke with since June of 2016. There should have been no balance carried forward and no late fees. When I speak to the next representative they tell me that it does not matter. I have spent hours on the phone only to no avail. My year commitment was May 2016 and since that time, I have had nothing but more charges and higher fees. This is clearly a game you play to innocent victims to skim extra money from them until they are forced to look for other service instead of keeping happy and loyal clients.

My bill this month(October) is up to $195.25 and I am at your mercy to pay it. I was told in the last conversation that the October bill would be under $100 to compensate for all overages in the past and now it is double. Trust is an important issue and the fact that even your retention department can not rectify a clearly dishonest practice is to quote Hillary "deplorable"! I look forward to some type of resolution rather than having to pay a bill double what was promised.

I have been waiting for a $16 refund check and it is sitting in my closed account. I have called 7 times have been on hold and transferred around so many times and no end in sight. I get that $16 may not seem like much money to you but it is to me.

Customer service was very rude, talked over me and refused to listen to my needs. Kept pushing sales and I was at work when I called and told this person I do not have time for this I need you to take care of my issues. He talked over me and did not listen and transferred me to another extension. Also there automated system does not work and when I called and stated I cannot pay my bill it won't take the information. The response is there doesn't show any problems. I say it's not working and I haven't been able to pay on this automated system the last couple of months and they don't do anything about it.

They keep repeating the same thing over and over. I have a friend that is experiencing the same issue and he hasn't been able to pay thru that system for the last 4 months. What's wrong with this company? Are there no supervisors. I sent the complaint thru the customer service email and they send sorry for the problems please call customer service. So round and round we go with no resolve.

I have been getting these spamming phone calls that go on for weeks non-stop they just keep calling me and calling me everyday of the week. I have called CenturyLink before and they keep telling me there is nothing they can do. I have Call Rejection that does no good at all and I am fed up sick and tired of the bullcrap. I want these phone calls to stop right now?

Every time there is any moisture in Casper, Wyoming, my landline quits working. At least six times since May, a technician comes out and every time, it has been indicated that the main line that fees the neighborhood is far beyond its life expectancy. The last time, I asked the technician why the main line is not being replaced, he indicated that CenturyLink would not replace the line. He said it would require an electrician and they just wouldn't replace it. What are my remedies. Also, please advise what governmental agency I can contact to file a complaint against CenturyLink. With winter coming up and more moisture than normal, I cannot continue to be without a phone until the line dries out

I was visiting a store today and two of the CenturyLink employee representatives were there to represent and sell product. I visited the store (Walmart at 136th avenue in Westminster, Colorado) to purchase one item that we needed for a television installation. Your representative (for purposes of description, he was a black male with braids pulled back) tried to stop me & was incredibly disrespectful when I said said no to him and kept walking. He continued to say what he "was trying to give me".

When my fiancé and I walked around the corner, the rude employee mocked me. Then, he and the other representative started laughing. My fiancé went back over to him, stating that we could hear what they were saying about us. He said "I know" and continued his behavior. I have already spoken to customer service at Walmart, they do not want their customers being treated poorly in their store. This young man is an embarrassment and the way that I will remember CenturyLink.

Got a disconnect notice for our CenturyLink phone number with account 45560629. We never received a single invoice for this account. We were assigned account #313027765 for phone billing and have paid every bill. This is considered double billing to us.

This letter is long overdue but is written to express my sincere anger and disappointment with my experience with CenturyLink. I had been a faithful customer of Comcast and had been receiving my internet and cable tv through them but in March 2016 decided to explore my options secondary to cost. I called CenturyLink on or about March 7th to inquire about rates for both internet and TV service. I spoke with a representative named Robert at length about the services and rates offered through CenturyLink.

At that time I was still under contract through Comcast and informed him that unless I was saving a substantial amount on my bills it wouldn’t make sense to pay the $180 early termination fee to Comcast. Robert verified the following information to me. With a two year commitment and for a locked monthly rate of $62.62 I would receive Direct TV (the Xtra package) for two TVs within my home along with internet at the speed of 40b/second. In addition I would receive a $100 Visa gift card through Direct TV.

This all sounded too good to be true so I repeated this offer to him several times to make sure I heard this right. He continued to tell me that this was an accurate price for two years. Although I was still a little nervous about canceling my Comcast contract and signing on I couldn’t pass up the savings that I would accumulate over the two years. I also knew that the automated message I heard stated that the conversation would be recorded for quality and that if for some reason things didn’t go exactly as promised that I could fall back on that. I proceeded to sign up with Century Link, pay Comcast the early termination fee of $180 and enjoy my new services with significant savings. Well unfortunately things did not go as promised, not even close. Although my first bill was $61.82 I was surprised to see my next bill due at $107.21.

So I called CenturyLink on 5/6/16 and spoke with Anna. I explained my concern about my new bill and explained that I spoke extensively with Robert. She informed me that Robert no longer worked there and that he made a “mistake” when quoting me that price. Not only did she tell me my rate was going to be significantly higher than promised but that in the second year of the contract it would go up an additional $30/month. She informed me that she couldn’t help it if Robert told me the wrong information but that I was still obligated by the contract to keep paying the higher rate.

She went on to tell me that she had went to law school for over two years and knew that there wasn’t anything I could do about this. She also stated that if I wanted the $100 gift card that I would have to contact Direct TV myself and request this. I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Fred. I requested CenturyLink review my call to confirm the information I had given. He stated he would make a request to do so and that I would here from a representative within 10 days. I also asked him to request that they call me after 4:00 so that I could take their call. After getting off the phone with Fred I called Direct TV and inquired about the $100 gift card. They informed me that since Century Link offered this gift card that I would have to get it from them. Needless to say I have never received a gift card.

On 5/10 and 5/11 during my work hours I received messages from Kristin at CenturyLink asking me to return her calls regarding the recorded call. I called the number she left on 5/11 at 1:25 p.m. and spoke with Joan and asked to speak with Kristin. I was informed that she was unavailable but that Joan would pass on my information to Kristin and my request that she call back after 4:00. On 5/12 at 3:50 p.m. I called and was told that Kristin was gone for the day but that the receptionist would send an email to her to let her know that I called.

On 5/12 at 4:10 I received a call from Justin who said he reviewed my notes and he informed me that Kristin was gone for the weekend. He said after reviewing my information the best CenturyLink could do was offer me $20 off my bill if I sign up for automatic withdrawals and that he couldn’t do anything about my Direct TV bill. He said I needed to honor my contract. I stated that I didn’t know why I had to honor my word when CenturyLink is obviously not honoring theirs. I asked him to send to me in writing the offer he made regarding the $20 discount. He said it was against policy to send me a written quote. He also stated that he had not personally reviewed the recording but from the notes he had from Kristin this was all they could offer me.

On 5/16 at 3:00 p.m. I called again attempting to reach Kristin to ask her if she had reviewed my call. I was told by Justin that Kristin was unavailable. He said that he reviewed my notes and that I had agreed to a plan that was for over $75/month. I denied this and asked him if he had actually listened to the recorded call. He said he had not but that this was in the notes from Kristin. I said I wanted to speak with her and he told me that there was no need to speak with her, that this was the best offer Century Link could give me. He said that CenturyLink was unwilling to work with me anymore on this. After once again explaining to him everything Robert had told me he said to me that sometimes customers don’t always tell the truth.

Since this time I have given up. I have never been allowed to speak with the only person, Kristin, who apparently listened to my initial call. Every month when I receive my CenturyLink bill I become upset. I am currently paying about $40 more per month ($480/yr.) for the first year than I was promised. The second year it goes up to $70 more per month ($840/yr.) during the second year. That’s a total of $1,320 more than what I had initially agreed to on the phone with Robert ($62/mo.). In addition I paid $180 to get out of my Comcast contract and I never received the $100 gift card I was promised. So I am stuck having paid $180 to get out of my contract, $1320 more than promised over the two year contract plus I never received the $100 gift card promised.

You can see why I am so upset with my Century Link experience and at this point have no intention of ever using this service again after my contract expires. I would very much appreciate a review of my case as well a response to this letter. I would like to believe that the customer service personnel at CenturyLink are not told to lie to potential customers to get them to sign onto their service. I would like to believe that the recording of conversations is actually used to verify information discussed during the call. I would like to believe that CenturyLink is a quality company that stands behind their word. I am currently not convinced of any of the above.

I am mailing CenturyLink regarding a very frustrating experience that that I am having with CenturyLink. I have tried unsuccessfully to resolve this issue via chat and multiple phone calls (17), so I hope that this letter will get some attention. On 8/18/16 I was approached at my home by a sales rep from CenturyLink selling new fiber optic options available in my neighborhood. I told him it sounded interesting, I particularly liked the dedicated line aspect on top of fiber, and told him that I was getting 70-80 megs currently thru my provider and would need to have that as a min baseline.

And asked what would the cost be. After many minutes on the phone with CenturyLink call center they came up with a plan- they could install a bonded pair that would get me a minimum of 60mb and likely in the 80-90mb range. I told them that I was paying 55/month for my current service and could they beat that? After many more minutes of conversation back and for between the rep and the call center they said I could get the bonded pair with min of 60 mb at 52.50/ month. I told them that if they could guarantee 60MB minimum and the bonded pair (2-30mb) at 52.50, I would give it a try.

Sales Agent name: Dawson- ID# cydhbwk
Call Center name: Joan- ID# 605090
Service Order# N49224059 dated 8/8/16

On 8/22/16 an installer came out to set me up with the new service- first question I asked was did I receive a bonded pair. His answer no, single pair, that’s what the work order indicated. I told him that I agreed to bonded pair with a minimum of 60mb and likelihood of 80-90. After repeated attempts and configuration he was able to pull 50mb. I asked him what I needed to do at that time to get what was agreed on- he said call products division and see when the bonded pair could be installed. The next day, 8/23/16, I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to find someone that could help me. Many transfers, long wait, assurances that I would be transferred to the person that could help me then either put back into the queue or hung up on multiple times. I decided that I would give this another day.

On 8/24/16, I tried again, and after many more hang ups, re-queueing and 2 more hours I got someone who was able to tell me that they could get me the bonded pair with the 60mb min, but it would cost me 80/month. I stated that that was not acceptable and if they could not do it for the agreed price they needed to shut off the service and remove the equipment and I was not going to be charged for the wasted effort. The customer service agent agreed to this and said a prepaid label would be sent to me to return the equipment. On 8/30/16, I returned the equipment via UPS.

On 9/6/16, I received a bill for 83.11- not happy! 14.95 monthly charges for Internet- service was on for 24 hours. 13.98 related monthly charges ?- again service was on for a day. 53.54 service additions and changes? .64- taxes

On 9/12/16- I again called and explained the situation to the first CS person (in India), she said she would need to transfer me to a supervisor that could help me. I was placed back in the queue and after waiting another 5 min explained the situation again to a CS agent (in India), after the explanation she said that she would have to transfer me again, I pleaded to make sure that I would get to the correct party. Without response I was placed on hold again, after another 5 min I was connected with a CS person who was US based, I started explaining the issue and was hung up on or cut off.

There doesn’t seem to be any rational process to deal with customer service issues at CenturyLink company, it seems to be broken at every level. I just want my account credited for the service fees and be done with it, would appreciate your help with this matter.

CenturyLink has rude employees working for them, you call in for help and all you get is attitude. If you hate your job then quit. Every time that I have scheduled a tech to come out for repair they don't show up and don't call to tell you they are not coming. Today 9/8/2016 I had a tech scheduled to come out they did not come nor call. I called and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes or more I was told that the work load was too much for them. But how is that my problem as you send the bill on time every time. I have been without internet for almost a week and all I was given was a few dollars for credit. I took off work twice but this time I want more credit and a tech to come out and repair this internet. When I first signed up for your service I was lied to about the speed. Why lie just tell the truth.

Your installers were installing a line. They were on my property to install the line because no one was home. They were in my driveway all the way up to my side door. This was setting off my camera alarms. I was on my way out but I did let them know they were setting off my alarms inside. When I was leaving they were all the way up my drive way where my side door is. They needed to have the people home at the house of the line being installed.

CenturyLink has the worst internet service ever. I have to call them all the time about how slow our internet is and they have no solution. They have you jump through hoops doing this every single time. Knowing that it will not fix the issue, we have to unplug our modem at least 3 to 4 times a month just to get the internet back up. We pay for 1.5 mbps and only get half that half the time. Looks like there would be a lawsuit against this company for over charging it's customers and not getting what you pay for. I wish we had another source for internet, because i would not as many others would not hesitate to change over. Oh and by the way i was told by there phone tech that works the area that we were on and would be upgraded to 10.0 mbps and that has been 5 years ago.

This company is so dishonest. Crooked as they come. I signed up initially for a 29.99 plan. Bill came and it was $91. I called and talked to several people, Did not really care. I asked for an explanation of my billing and got the run around. I asked for a supervisor, once again made up flimsy explanations of why my bill was so high. I then spoke to a Brittany on Aug 16th, she broke down my bill and took 30.00 off. Oh great my $29.99 bill was down to $60. I should be so excited. My new bill has come and I'm still in the $60.00 range for a bunch of bogus charges, here we go again. I'm starting here and going to the BBB, AZ Attorney general and the FCC.

We pay for 1.5 MGPS and get about 1.2, which they say is their guaranteed minimum speed, except that it may say 1.2 MGPS but doesn't always work. It could say 1.2 and we still may not be able to open a browser. They tell us all the time there are no issues with the line, but then customer service will tell us we got dumped from the server. They send someone out to appease us but it never really gets taken seriously. We complain on particularly bad days every few months or so and nothing changes. Bottom line, their internet is absolute garbage. We pay for a service that only works properly sometimes. Want to piss your customers off? Provide them with a crappy service that occasionally works and don't do jack squat about it. Seriously, screw you Centurylink.

I called CenturyLink customer service to sign up for auto pay which took about 10-15 minutes and went well. The service person was very nice. I thought I would get a $5.00 discount on my bill for doing this. I was told I needed to be on paperless e-billing for that. The service person said they could not get me signed up and needed to transfer me to someone else. That person said it could not be done on the phone but needed to be done online. I tried the online system which I had never used before so did not have a username, password, etc. I tried to create one and was not able to do this. It wanted some security code which had been given to me when I opened my account (3 years before). I sure did not have that code anymore.

So to shorten this saga, I will simply say it was very frustrating and time consuming. At this point, I had been trying to make this happen for about 60 -minutes. I called the support number, explained my frustration. The service person told me my username, took my email address and send he -would send a link for me to reset my password. I called again to that support number, got of course a DIFFERENT person, a female who wanted to take me back to square one, check my account to see if I was eligible for e-billing.

This had already been done several times. I had now been working on this for 75 minutes. I tried to get the woman to stop and listen to me explain I had called in and spoke to 4 other people already, and all this had already been done. She told me to stop yelling at her. I was just trying to get her to stop talking and listen to me. I just hung up. My account was 970-641-1286 571B, I dropped that line so supposedly my new account number is the second line, the one left. I still don't have e-billing and am not comfortable calling CenturyLink customer service anymore.

Very poor telephone and Internet service. CenturyLink has seen repeated complaints especially internet service no better than dialup.can't get a straight answer when service will improve. All tv programing just down the street 4 houses away but can't be gotten at our house. No one cares at least that's the attitude can't get engineering dept to indicate when our poor service will improve. They can't be reached.it seems the 2 stars you received for customer service was over.

I am extremely upset regarding the poor service I have received from CenturyLink. I have tried to register an official complaint multiple times using your customer service line, and no one seems to be able to do this! 1) Long distance service ordered on July 18, 2016 was never connected. 2) A representative from CenturyLink told me that the long distance service would be connected on August 10, 2016. This was not done. 3) I have talked to 7 different CenturyLink representatives today and only one was able to help me.

I pay for high speed. I'm not getting it. Calls to tech support get dropped, no repairs ever completed, and then I am punished by websites suddenly not loading, can't do email, can't chat with anyone. Nothing works for at least an hour after calling.

I had Century Link for internet only after my first billing was paid then I got another billing for a second installation of $73.02. Hoping it would be credited it wasn't so I cancelled. The customer service person said I would have to pay a canceled fee because I had a contract I told her I did not. Since then I wrote a letter stating I gave no okay for a contract verbal or written please credit. they did not. There is no contract if both parties don't agree just your BOGUS charges. I am also lodging complaints to Attorney General, BBB, Elder Affairs, FCC, and anyone else that can help me get this credit.

We try again and again to record programs. And when we try to go back and watch them, We keep getting kicked out or error saying program is not available. this has been going on for two years now. They keep giving us discounts but its only 5 to 10 dollars. and we are paying $145.00 A month. So when I called and wanted to reduce our programing package to prism preferred from prism premium they told me that I would end up paying close too what I have been. Because now they want to charge for the extra equipment that I have for all the rooms that I have. Does not make sense to me. I'm giving up all the HBO, Cinemax, showtime, stars, and all the other movie channels.

I would actually give their customer service zero. I've been trying for 2 months to get their screw ups cleared up. Multiple calls & chat sessions with nothing but wasted time & speaking to one person, then another, then another getting no where. They suspended our account after what they said was high usage. They lied about the number of times they said they tried contacting us regarding this matter & when trying to rectify the situation, opened multiple accounts in our name which, they then cancelled on their own. I purchased a modem from them & then returned it after not being able to get service activated for 3 week.

I closed out account thinking this was the end of it but, I am still fighting for my modem refund from them & also wondering why I am still being charged monthly for internet service even though it was never reactivated until I found out yesterday, they re-activated it behind my back without authorization claiming account closure never went through. Who's fault is that? Not mine! I've already sent complaints to BBB, AZ Attorney General's , FCC & FTC. Looking to contact a nationally known consumer advocate & see if he can help i.e., Clark Howard. Tried contacting local VP in Tucson and all he did was pass the buck just like everyone else in their company.

I only had internet with CenturyLink the ad stated no contract! I switched to Cox, and CL said I was in a 12 month contract, and that I had to pay a early termination fee of $200. I never agreed to a 12 month term, and the reason I switched is I was tired of spending 2 to 4 hours on the phone each month trying to find out why my bill went up again. I feel I'm being strong armed by this company.I studied contract law,and I know when a contract between two parties is being written that both parties should be informed.I never knew of a 12 month term, and I feel I am being ripped off. The rep I was speaking to even told me (I better pay,or they would ruin my credit).

As a new customer, I have never been treated so rudely by 2 of your female representatives. Much misrepresentation, many promises unfulfilled, wrong address, multiple shipments of equipment, serious lack of concern as well as lack of company communication. I have made countless calls without success and have received gotten a different story each time.

I had called CenturyLink in regards to call blocking. The first person was very helpful, she passed me onto a different department talked to a Michael and I started to explain how to add another call block then, Michael said thank you for choosing CenturyLink and then hung up on me, Michael's Customer service on was very poor.

You are nickel and diving me to death on your bills. I checked the bill for June 2015 and compared it to this June's (2016) and it has gone up way too much: promo disc, down $,44, internet and voice mail up $.44, monthly charges up a whopping $4.70, taxes etc up $.13. Your internet service has been inconsistent and I have called MANY times about the service and the bill. It still is not worth the money you charge for it. If I could have, I would have changed carriers a long time ago. I have not recommended and will not recommend Century Link to any potential customer.

Sales rep stated cost of first month and subsequent months for the first 12 month promotional commitment. The first and second month bill was approximately $100.00 over what i was offered. After speaking with the fourth billing rep, I was told the sales rep didn't have the correct information. The billing person said I was charged the non promotion cost for television service for the first month. I told her I was only given the promotion cost by the sails rep. I would cancel services but it's after 30 days and the billing person said it would cost $440 to terminate the contract. Very deceptive practices!

Extremely pathetic service for what I am paying. My service speed is dismal slow and difficult to work with. Often pages will not load and downloading takes forever. I have asked for online help with my speed through CL and my concern was merrily dismissed by telling me there is nothing wrong with my service and I am getting what my contract calls for. That being the bare minimum speed of 1.5 MBS and the lower limits by your figures 1.2 MBS. I do not operate under perfect conditions as CL required for the testing nor do most people. Every time I use a speed test and I've used four my speed is under 1.02. This is ridiculous and paying over $40 for this kind of speed is wonderful for you but certainly not for me. I am a retired Vietnam veteran who pays his bills and I do not think your customers should be treated this way. I hope this gets to someone at Century Link who does care and has a ting of conscious.

Received a notice that my May 2016 bill was not processed against my credit card. (I have used the CenturyLink credit card direct payment program for years.) The notice advised me to contact them to reinstate the credit card direct payment plan. I called them today (6/14/16) at 1-800-244-1111, as instructed.

Shamike was efficient and professional sounding. Upon hearing my issue, she looked up my account and immediately noticed I have been a loyal customer since 1990 (26 years). I told her I thought I had updated card info a few weeks back and asked her to verify that the info on file was correct. She said it didn't appear that I had updated card info, but she could help me at this time to set me up. We proceeded thru the process of updating credit card info and pertinent contact info on the CenturyLink account, etc. Everything fine up to this point. Then she reviewed the account balance, which now included May and June bills, and asked about making a one-time payment to pay the balance until the credit card direct payment plan took effect. I learned there is a 2 month delay for the updated card info to take effect. I was ok with making a one-time payment with my credit card for the outstanding balance of about $80. But she then said there would be a $5 fee to make the payment.

I balked at the fee for the purpose of paying my bill! She then offered the option of setting up an authorization to have the amount withdrawn from my bank account for no fee. This is something I don't wish to set up and have my bank account info. out there for this one-time payment. I said they can charge my credit card for the amount due whenever CenturyLink gets it set up. She became more aggressive and reiterated the options for paying the balance NOW either by one-time credit card (with fee) or authorized bank withdrawal. I told her I could send a check instead if they don't want to wait until the credit card direct pay was set up. She then became almost insulting by demanding when precisely I will put the check in the mail--today or tomorrow? she would put a note to that effect on the account. I became very frustrated by now. I asked her if there's any way the $5 fee could be waived and we can get the $80 balance paid by credit card today. She said no, its not CenturyLink who charges the fee but the credit card company.

Adding to my frustration, she then revealed that it appears I had, in fact, updated card info in May. She now confirmed the updated info on file is the same card info I just gave her. But because it takes CenturyLink 2 months for updated info to take effect, it won't be until the July bill before it kicks in. I now realize that I had done everything right, the way I was suppose to; to notify them and update card info when necessary. I did that in May. But because CenturyLink takes 2 months for things to become effective, my May and now my June bills are not paid via auto pay. Thus the outstanding balance on my account. I told her it's not her fault, but after being told just earlier about how long of a CenturyLink customer we have been, and as a loyal customer, insisting on the $5 fee to pay the account balance, given the above scenario, did not seem fair to me, nor valuing me as a long-term customer. I asked if there was a supervisor who could make an exception. She said they do not make exceptions.

I told her I was very unhappy with this experience and these developments. Upon thinking about this, I could not just let it slide. I am filing this complaint so someone with authority knows this is a lousy way to treat a 26 year customer over a $5 fee, when I have done nothing wrong. I am perfectly willing to pay the balance now via credit card, even though the overdue balance was created by CenturyLink's own processes, not because of me. If you look at my account history, you will find I ALWAYS pay my bill in full on time every month for 26 years! And you want to reward me as a long term customer by insisting on a $5 fee to pay you via credit card because your system takes so long to update card info for auto pay?

I couldn't get my ex husband off our account without his permission. I had to open a new account. I was told i would get the same price as before $19.99. I have to call every month because my bill is never the same nor near 20.00! Escalation department won't even help. I am so furious with this company as is a million others. I just want my bill to be what I told it would be AND the same amount EVERY month. The link to send an email if not happy with customer service does NOT even take you to an email link! The only other internet for my area is Xfinity which $70. I am about to go back to the stone ages and figure out how to live our lives without internet.

Our phone (phone number run by CenturyLink) has not worked properly since October of 2015. The box that is down by the street got run over by something and the wires were out of the box laying in on the grass exposed to the Minnesota elements (rain, snow, ice). We called they sent out a service person who put the wires in an orange plastic bag. This helped for a bit but the phone again did not work it rings and than there is a busy signal. So we called back in December or 2015 they sent out service and the problem seemed to be resolved. In the spring they finally installed the green box to cover the wires.

Sometime in April of 2016 our phone again was not working rings than a busy signal. We did not discover this until May of 2016 the customer service person said this is probably a problem in your house and you will have to pay a fee $95 or something like that. Well they came out approximately May 30th and we thought the phone was fixed. Unfortunately the phone is not fixed it rings and than a busy signal. Your customer service is the worse I have ever dealt with I have been on hold for hours trying to get help from your Company so your rating is a zero in my book and you really need to improve your service.

Today June 13th I talk to the 1st person and have been put on hold for 20 minutes, explain the problem to the 2nd person in the loyalty department put on hold for 20 minutes, finally the 4th person I talked to actually seemed to care and wanted to help me, when transferred the 5th time this person she wanted me to speak to the customer loyalty department who I talked to after the first 20 minutes, I begged please let me talk to a supervisor. Finally transferred a 6th time after 1 hour and 15 minutes to Jim 115808 this person is sarcastic, not apologetic and by the way I only spend $39.95 a month for my phone service and internet. "But my phone service does not work properly and has not work properly since October of 2015"! Jim did give a small credit to our account like $10 and 2 days phone credit and the best thing he did was provide the phone repair number so we can call them direct to get the phone fixed!

CenturyLink I have been a loyal customer of yours for almost 30 years I cannot believe that you do not have a team that wants to help your customers. I may only currently spend $39.95 per month but over the last 30 years I have spent/paid my bills on time and have paid thousands of dollars for your services. Apparently your customers are an inconvenience instead of your Companies job security. I expect the our phone to work I have not idea how many phone calls we have missed due to no service. We should not have to keep calling your Company to repair the phone it should have been properly fixed back in October. I was able to contact the automated service repair team today and they are due to fix the phone problem again on June 14th here is hoping that it will be properly fixed this time.

Please honor your customers and make improvements to your customer service team to provide assistance and quality phone service.

We have struggled with CenturyLink’s service for almost a year and have spent HOURS on the phone troubleshooting. We pay for 40Mbps but have NEVER got this speed the top speed we get is is 29.8Mbps on a good day. Most of the time we are running on around 20Mbps. I am done wasting my time and called to cancel and was told I was on a 2-year contract, which I didn’t agree to. They are trying to charge me $200 to cancel but will NOT provide proof of this contract that I supposedly agreed to. All they say is “well it’s on your bill”. Last time I check notification on a bill is NOT a legally binding contract.

You were supposed to fix my billing complaints. You SAID you would have an explanation for the discrepancy between the TERMS of service and BILLING I signed up with and the BILLING your actually assessed. Is it asking too much for the Provider to adhere to the terms of their business solicitation from their own web page. They cited basic internet service for $X a month with direct pay. I signed up for direct pay, hooked up the modem and started receiving e-bills fr over three times what the agreement specified. Attempting to solve this issue yet fearing loss of connection.

I sent the fee they demanded(3X what my monthly bill which was agreed upon) and wrote a letter to the CEO in Louisiana. His associate got me hooked up for direct pay(she SAID) and now I am getting the same 3X bill again. OH! and after SHE said they had direct pay figgered out,they cashed my Check anyway! (Oh! They will just credit your account for advance payment, she said). All I want is proper accounting for each payment for service , and they payment to be MONTHLY as specified by their web page, and the payment assessment according to the direct pay specification we agreed upon. Simple business practices these guys are unable to follow.

Today I got this from CenturyLink at CenturyLinkEmail@em.centurylink.com. Your Bill is Now Available Online. We're providing you with information about your most current CenturyLink bill for your convenience. Account Number: 0825. Total Amount Due: $172.34. Payment Due Date: 06/13/2016. Go To My. Account. View Balance/Pay Bill. No action required for AutoPay Customers.

Not receiving credit, being charged late fee for deducting cost of a movie not ordered, cashing a check they say they never received and charging me over $100 to pay bill for missing check and after 1 week of daily calls they now tell me I have to wait 5 more days for a refund/credit and unhappy with the sub service of direct t.v.for service I did not want. I only wanted telephone, internet and basic t.v. not bells and whistles they added without contacting me first. Terrible and would never refer to anyone. I work hard for my money and they should at least admit their errors and refund immediately.

I keep getting post cards stating have I changed my e-mail address lately. I have had the same address for at least 2 yrs. I did check with customer service here in Port Charlotte and they had a number 12 after my nanaba which I did not add. So I had them take it off. Plus I keep getting on my computer Centurylink is not responding. This comes up almost all the time.

I ordered their service with the promise from CenturyLink that when I moved to an area without their service (discussed location with CenturyLink customer service rep where they confirmed they did not provide service), the $200 cancellation fee would be waived. This clearly was them deceiving me because now they are telling me that is untrue and I will have to pay the fee. I will NEVER use this company again for anything.

On July 22, 2015 a truck struck a low hanging Century Link line located at North 43rd & North Alki Streets in Tacoma, WA. The impact on the Century Link cable damaged the Tacoma Power utility pole it was hung on requiring replacement of the pole. Code requires lines across thorough fares be no lower that 15.5 feet above the travel surface. The measured height of the truck was three feet below that requirement, meaning the Century Link line was out of compliance. Damages from this event total $4,597.59 for replacement of the pole, which the Utility is seeking to recover from Century Link.

My service started on Jan, 8th. I kept waiting to get a bill. The people who live in the same apt. building said they were slow in sending out bills. So I waited until March and started chating with customer service people. they all told me the same thing the bill was in the mail. I never got a bill. On Sat. 26th of March I chatted with a man and he told me I was set up to pay on line. Now that was news to me. He told me how to look at my bill on line. He was right I had 3 bills on line.

And they were wrong. I was being charged $44.95 a month. When I signed up I was told It was $39.95 a month plus they would give me a discount. Well that never happened. Today I was chatting with a person to get this taken care of and I was cut off because they can only spend 5 minutes with each customer. Then I called a live person I told them I was not going to pay the late fee charge because it was not my fault. She agreed to that but the rest I had to pay. I had no choice since this is the only service I can get at this apt. complex. this company is nothing like At&T. You knew what you were getting and for how long. I don't know if I am under contract are not. I guess I will find out someday when I try to cancel out. LS March 28 2016

I called CenturyLink phone support to ask a question and they informed me that they have not received payment in 3 months. I had records of payment being made and asked why I was not notified of this and I had to call in to find out that they were having an issue with my acct. The rep (who I could not understand because they did not speak English) told me they do not contact customers regarding this. I am in customer service as well and I would NEVER have let an account go that long without some kind of contact-very poor customer service. After they found my payments and I had to do THEIR work by sending confirmation of payment history I am now getting a bill after I terminated my service with them.

I just spent half an hour plus, trying to pay my internet bill that was due today. I've paid it online for more than a year now, but it's gotten increasingly harder to do. First, Century Link will no longer honor my American Express credit card. Then - I find today that a fee of $3.50 is being charged to honor any other credit card. The only other online option is to give Century Link direct access to my bank account. That's something I prefer NOT to do for ANY company. I then attempted to pay the bill via telephone, using the automated system.

As a side note, It informed me that having a real person process my payment was only possible during weekday business hours and that would also cost $3.50. In my google searches, I had previously seen that listed as a "convenience fee" when paying in person. Next - while entering the only credit card information that Century Link would graciously accept - I quietly said something to my wife, who happened to be in the room. The speech recognition system replied "Was that a no?" A "no" to what? There was no question asking for a yes or no reply. Not knowing how to answer at that point, I said nothing. It asked again "Was that a no?".

Without a response from me, it then explained to me that it would normally transfer me to an agent, but agents were only available during weekday business hours, and ended the call. So - I had to call again, start from scratch, navigate the automated menu again, and re-enter the account number and credit card number. This time, having been previously burned, I remembered to hit the "mute" button on my phone. I finally was able to get the bill paid - I think. I did receive a confirmation number, so I'm hoping for the best. Bottom line: It shouldn't be - and hasn't been until now - this hard to pay my bill. Century Link has stopped honoring my American Express card entirely and wants to charge fees for online processing of other cards or to have an employee assist with payment. As a customer, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and beg Century Link to "accept" my money. I may very well find another ISP - even if it's more expensive - and drop Century Link. The good news there will be, they'll no longer be burdened with the processing of my payment.

I have been with Century Link for year's, I have transferred their service at least twice abiding to their contract terms. For the last 2 months all of sudden if my bill goes past due for more than 10 (ten) days they have shut my service off and I have had to contact customer service to have my service reinstated with a late charge and a re-connection fee. This last go round when I talked to a customer service rep who are typically rude, I finally asked how to cancel my service and was told quite frankly that "You are under contract and if you break that contract that there will be a penalty charge" at which time I was told "Pay your bill and get your service turned back on".

Today is 3/11/16 (I paid my bill on my pay day like every month) and my "Past Due Bill" of $96.?? is due on 3/12/16? Long Story short, apparently when you have a "contract" you are no longer eligible for decent customer service, you have to take what ever they say and pretend that the snotty little girl you are talking to has not looked at your history and would realize that I'm one of the reasons that she has a job.

The customer service was so horrible when I first reached out to receive Internet service that I cancelled the service. The technician showed up anyway. I work from home using CenturyLink as my Internet connection but the signal was not strong enough for what I was trying to do. My father had CenturyLink in his study and I was using it for my room as well. I wanted to get my own line...hoping that would help and the technician said that I should switch to Time Warner Cable because the signal out here with Century Link was not good and installing a link to my room would not help. He could not believe that I lived in this neighborhood and kept asking me if I was sure that this was really my home. (Which was intended as an insult because I am a person of color.)

I never let him inside my home and sent him on his way. Weeks later I received a bill for services and had to wait 45 minutes to get them to take it off of my bill. Now, 3 months later, they want to charge me 100 dollars for a modem. I never received a modem. I believe that they have a rogue technician...but I never received services nor a modem. Bad Internet service was the reason I ordered service, bad customer service was the reason I cancelled. And once again, I am still on hold another 1 hour just to take charges off of a bill for services that I did not receive and equipment that I never took possession of. This is a rip off.

I talked to Tia (Supervisor at Centurylink who refused to give me her last name) on Thursday February 18 2016 about the fact that I was charged for a modem given to me for free during the subscription of this account due to frustration of an earlier account that was not setup on time as you will see in the chat below or attached between me and the person who helped me setup this new account.

As I was talking to Tia, she was bent on the fact that Centurylink does not give modems for free and refused to give me the opportunity to send her the chat notes I had with the person who got me set up as you will see in the notes. Rather she expressed excitement cancelling my subscription when I asked her to.

Just to note, she was very excited informing me of the extra charges I will have to pay as a result of the account cancellation but will not let me send her the chat I had with your agent. To the person that will be reading this email if not you, I plan on tracking down the email addresses of all Centurylink execs. and forward this complaint to them even if it means on twitter. If Tia thinks Centurylink's revenue only depends on corporate accounts then I will proof her that my subscription counts.

5-day service outage beginning on or about 12/24/2015. I had to contact the CenturyLink CEO to get repaired. Ultimately repaired, but I asked for a credit for the lost service during the period. Was promised the credit would be done, and initially it was. However, on the subsequent bill, the credit was treated as an "underpayment" and charged as such. Contacted the rep who originally stated credit was applied at least three times at the email address she used to contact me. NO RESPONSE in the past 4 weeks. This is not the first time such annoying problems have occurred with my service and account. The year before, we were without service, both phone and internet, for about 5-6 months.

Dealing with CenturyLink is a near impossible challenge and has caused us intolerable problems and consternation. Internet speed was the slowest despite serviceman's insistence that a higher speed was available for our location. After months of constant emails and chat sessions, a rep found our location wasn't even on their system. He input a code which immediately identified our location and at the same time increased our internet speed which, while available, is still the slowest for our location (rural). Problems piled up over and over until they were somewhat resolved - after 6 months, which is unsatisfactory. Then this outage occurred last December, and we are still trying since to get the credit we deserve and was promised.

This may seem to be a small problem to CenturyLink, with a small amount of money involved, but the ongoing communications with CenturyLink is extremely below the average service that should accompany a business such as this - a monopoly that has its customers at its mercy. Instead of having to undertake a major effort to resolve such problems on an ongoing basis, intead, for once, I'd like to just simply get my $15.75 credit without so much ongoing drama in a more expeditious and effective and efficient manner instead of having to constantly resort to contacting CenturyLink Company executive officers at the highest levels.

I signed up for a 3 year price lock for phone, internet and directv for $94.94 a month, plus tax. I have NEVER paid less than $120 and when I called I was told that Directv was the problem. When calling Directv, they told me that since I signed up through CenturyLink, it was their issue. Oh my God, what a scam.

I have had CenturyLink as my internet provider for nearly 4 years and have never had uninterrupted service. It cuts in and out throughout each and every day. I have called numerous times and written numerous emails and, to this day, CenturyLink has been unable to provide service. I had CenturyLink for my home phone line, but had to go with another provider because it never worked. We could make outgoing calls, but could not receive calls.

My mother had CenturyLink internet and phone at her home across town for 10+ years and had the same problems. I have been using the internet in my home since dial-up in the 80s and never had a provider, until CenturyLink, who could not give me uninterrupted service. I'm not sure CenturyLink should be called and "internet provider" since they don't provide uninterrupted access to the internet. If Hillary Clinton had used CenturyLink as a provider, she would not be in trouble now as her "top secret" emails would never have been sent/received. Below are the two most recent email complaints I have sent. The problem still has not been fixed.

Why doesn’t CenturyLink get out of my town and let us get a real internet provider. For 1 week after my last complaint, my internet was fairly dependable. Of course shortly after that I was watching a movie at 1am and, of course, wasn’t able to finish it. The same thing happened the next night. I'm guessing that CenturyLink believes it is ok to take down a signal in the middle of the night because no one would be watching in the middle of the night. Wrong. I need my signal available 24/7. I must not be the only one complaining as I see the CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood. When that happens, the internet connection only gets worse.

After my last complaint, a tech called. I didn’t answer the phone because I don’t generally answer for #s I don’t recognize unless I’m expecting it. He left no message (I figured it was a sales call). He called again the next day, left a message and said he would call again, never did. Last night about 12:50pm, the signal kept going on/off so, of course, I wasn’t able to watch TV. It had been on/off all evening, but I completely lost the connection for some time. Today, it hasn’t been on more than a few seconds at a time. So, again, I can’t use it to connect with family or friends or conduct business. Heck, I can’t even send in a complaint to CenturyLink. Oh, and guess what.

There was a CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood yesterday, so today’s inconsistency isn’t entirely unexpected. Do something, please. There is no reason that you can’t provide quality service. I am paying for it and I am entitled to it. You promised to provide quality service, do it! CenturyLink sends me an advertisement every week asking me to upgrade. I am not ever going to pay more for service that you cannot provide. Fix it. Fix it now.

We signed up for centurylink bundled service last July. At that time there was a $100.00 gift card offered for doing so. In October I received an email that the reward was on its way. Today is January 29,2016. Still have not received the $100.00 gift card. When can I expect it?

Have feedback for CenturyLink?