RCN Customer Service

Contact RCN Corporate

Toll free phone number: 703-434-8200

RCN provides a single destination for all your entertainment needs from TV, Internet, and to Digital TV. The company provide full suite of communications products and services to business of all sizes from small to large. RCN Corporation was founded in 1993. If you have a problem with management, you can escalate your issue to Jim Holanda, the CEO of the company.

Most of its systems were partnerships with power companies, which provided rights-of-way on poles. The company headquarters is located in Princeton, New Jersey. The customer service number is U.S. 1-800-RING-RCN (1-800-746-4726) with 24 hour a day service, 7 days a week.

RCN Contact Information

A-

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Browse reviews of other Cable TV

Top RCN Complaints

I contacted RCN online due to having issues trying to get YOUR service online. Upon answering, a gentleman named "Tom" was trying to help me. When I told him I was not sure exactly what the question was he was asking, he started getting an attitude with me. He kept saying I need to get a lease. I told him I was not sure what he was talking about, I was not moved into the house yet. He said I would also need an electric bill. Once again I told him I am not moved into the new house yet. I said, what do you want me to do go find the seller of the house and have her tell you I will be moving there? He replied with "YUP". I told him do not get an attitude with me. Finally, I just told him forget it and goodbye. This is not my first encounter with an issued and unprofessional employee with RCN. Needless to say, never will I ever even consider putting something with the letters RCN in my house. Not only mine, my parents, who were trying to help me with this, who also have RCN, will be cancelling there services with RCN. Just an FYI they have been customers for over 30 years. Thanks for no help. If anyone from this sorry company has anything explanation, call me direct 484-892-1435.

Whomever lists the credits may have a racial bias..
As well may beed to be replaced with someone with a ore extensiive knowledge of the movies they are listening.

worse service ever spent an hour On the phone only to have the woman on the phone remove our WiFi settings and lie to us that she had a technician coming to our house tomorrow. Logged on from my neighbor’s house they have Verizon Fiona and it says our appointment is Wednesday not Monday. Now calling them back another 30 minutes and still on hold!

I just moved into my condo and had RCN install phone, internet and cable on Friday, January 11. The phone and internet work fine. But I have had no cable television since the technician left of Friday, with the exception of a few hours today when a second technician (2 actually) came to fix problems. When I turned on television this evening, no cable. I called tech support, pulled out the plugs, etc. The guy said to wait for ten minutes and guaranteed the television would work. Nothing. I tied calling back again and was put on hold for more than 30 minutes.
The people I bought the condo from used RCN, so there should be no problems.....
RCN had no problem sending me my first bill this past weekend.
Ready to have them pull out equipment and start again with other company.....
Help!!!

I am writing to complain about my recent experience with your technical support team. On Dec. 20 two friends tried to email me but were blocked. This is part of the message one of them showed me when her second attempt to email me failed: "554: 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message." Since she was not sending her email to lots of people, we were both perplexed as to why RCN thought she was sending spam. What happened next was worse: the tech. support person I spoke to offered this opinion (in so many words). "Perhaps you could call your friend first, and that way, when she replies, her message to you would not be blocked." He also told me that he could not find my email address. I replied that I had had an account with you for 17 years, and that it certainly included an email address. Exasperated, I hung up and tried another tech. support person. Same remark from him about how he could not find my email address. Both technicians implied that if they couldn't find my email address, there was nothing they could do for me.

I hung up and called a friend who is does tech support for all the teachers in a nearby school system. He knows I use Apple Mail but that RCN is my email service provider. He suggested that I go to your Web Mail feature to see if that was working. When I did, I found that somehow my email address had been removed and that I needed to put it in again, and provide a new user name (with only my name, not my name followed by rcn.com, as has been the case for many years). I can only assume that someone at RCN made these changes without notifying me.

Now, I recognize that in many situations, we customers make mistakes, don't realize it, and blame RCN unfairly. But by now I was frustrated with the lack of support I had received. When the first tech. person couldn't find my email address in your system, he should have troubleshooted with me. It was easy enough for me to find that my account was missing at your web mail page; why didn't HE think of that? And why didn't the second technician I spoke to? One person can have a bad day and make mistakes, but TWO people on your team?

I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was kept on the line for a half hour, and no one came on to help me. I called back, and the technician took my name and opened a ticket about this. (He gave me the number, but I've misplaced it.) He said that someone would call me sometime over the next few days, but no one did -- ever.

This experience has shaken my faith and sense of loyalty to RCN. I would like a response.

William Joplin (wsjop@rcn.com)

RCN is carelessly digging up properties in our development to install their cable lines and doing a very crappy job of patching back up the areas they dug up. My lawn where they dug up and patched over looks horrible. If they would ever expect me to switch from Service Electric, they should first understand that first impressions are generally lasting impressions. So far, my first impression is that RCN only cares about themselves.

Hello

I am a current customer and part of the working poor group.I always pay my bill once the service interruption bill/letter is received by the date.My services total $98 a month.I am wondering WHY you send a notice that contains a date of when past due must be paid and still rip customers off for l ate fee AND restoral fee.I have WI-FI and cable package omonthly bill @ charges $9 LATE DATA FEE,$35 LATE CABLE FEE.How is the fee calculated and why is it ridicoulousy high.If I call customer service for anything the COMPUTERIZED TRAIN reps say WE thank you for being a customer since 1/1/18.Well every month you are ripping me and I'm sure other customers off so How could you call me a valued customer.I could understand a $5 or $10 but the amount are ABSURD.I've tried chatting with a rep who couldn't give me clear answer!!! I want these charges credit please considering I am a valued customer right and I pay my bill which is prorated YET somehow you charge a tremendous amount of fees.My service has never disconnected only paid by shut off date,so AGAIN no Idea how your charging a restoral fee.

Here's my account # 2301-0070720-04
Staci Utley
650 Columbus ave
Unit 108
Boston,MA 02118

I worked for RCN for awhile and I wanted to add my review here. It is really a great company and does not deserve the complaints. Sure it's not perfect, but what company is?

As of 2006, RCN claimed over 424,000 domestic customers and 130 cable franchises. This employs a lot of people. Want to know how many? As of 2013 RCN's network covered offered coverage to approximately 3.8 million people making it 10th largest provider of cable broadband in the U.S RCN is provider of bundled telephone, cable television, and internet service delivered over its own fiber-optic local network as well as dialup and DSL internet service.

It provides service to consumers in the Boston, New York, Eastern Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., and Chicago areas. And to top it all off, in early February 2009, RCN converted to an all-digital network. With the transition, the company was able to use the entire spectrum for digital and high-definition television broadcasting, reducing the need to compress signals.

So, just understand that a lot of people's jobs are on the line when you rant on a website like HissingKitty.

I've been with RCN company for only 5 days I call several time about issue I was having with the company finally I decide to cancelled my account I have payed $ 96.96 for a bad service received today I have just received a bill for $71.12 I call just to hear that I have to pay for a full month when I was supposed to pay $39.99 for (Internet+TV+unlimited phone) STARZ,SHOWTIME that I never receive. Is this the way for RCN to take money from honest people?please let me know.

How can I file a complaint directly against RCN for poor customer support online?

We were planning to have an internet connection and RCN did a good job by giving one of the best internet plans at my place. I chose the wireless router and the technician were prompt on delivering the connection on time. They explained to me everything on the connection, plan etc. Great service at great cost.RCN are prompt and professional. Now since World Cup is on I am able to enjoy seamless streaming on the internet with un-interrupted services. RCN has a great deal to offer even for people who want Digital Cable TV. I would definelty ask my friends to opt for RCN for their good service.

Have feedback for RCN?