CenturyLink Class Action Lawsuit — Please Add My Name

In Oct 2015, I stopped my non working broadband internet and bundled Dish Network services from Centurylink. I paid the final bill and they told me I would have to pay a $200 early termination fee. I refused and they started harassing me and turned over the account to a collection agency.

I had been with them for over a year and a half, so how was it an early termination? I talked to Centurylink several times and finally a supervisor (name withheld by me) told me they renewed my contract because when I called in November 2010 to cancel they gave me $5 off my bill if I would continue with improved services.

The services did not improve. They even charged me for home telephone services which I did not even have. I’m fed up with the collection threats and will gladly pay an attorney to start a Class Action Lawsuit for me and I know countless other victims. Does century link go door to door and sell direct tv installations? No!

I never signed any contract with Centurylink. You may email me with your story.

CenturyLink's former name was Centurytel. The strangle hold monopoly is over. I paid Dish Network even though Centurylink should have paid them with my last payment. Centurylink is going down. Bring it on.

If you have had an experience with CenturyLink email me and I will add your name to the list.

Or just leave your name and email as a comment below. Down with these greedy unethical companies!

1-866-904-1817
100 Centurylink Drive, Monroe, LA

Comments

Comment:

I bundled with Centurylink 11-18-15 was supposed to get $150 gift card when I was hooked up. The man told me he had sign me up and i didnt have to do anything. I called CenturyLink corporate today and they told me I had to sign up online. When I tried to the website it did not come up. I hope this is not a scam as I have been with centurylink for 30 years plus!

Comment:

My husband signed up for special with direct tv and centurylink. Centurylink was advertising that you can try there internet for 30 days free and if you are not satisfied then just return the product. So my husband tried it for three days, did not like the service so he returned it and now he is being charged one month service and a early termination fee of $99. I am so pissed off at direct tv. They told him the month fee for internet was going to be $20 but he was billed $51.00 for a months service he never had.

I just had another bad experience with CenturyLink and DirecTV. We were charged more than was quoted to us. We had their service for about six months. We did not sign a contract with either of them. We paid our bill tthrough CenturyLink. DirecTV. made an unauthorized withdrawal in the amount of 246. They think they are beyond the law. None of our bills were the same each month and they were much higher than we were told they were to be. People should be aware of these companies and check BBB before purchasing their services.

Comment:

Can anyone tell me if this has been started? I also am being harrassed for early termination of a contract I never agreed to.

Comment:

My story is so similar, I found a Bundle offer on the internet and called, after over an hour of making sure that the end total was what I thought it would be, I agreed. The bundle with phone & internet centurylink, & Directv advertised $89.95. I received a bill from Directv for $47 for the 1st mo. now its $67 and I just received centurylink’s bill for $154.00 I have spent all day on the phone being transferred around with no satisfaction.

I am literally in tears with frustration, and don’t know what to do Direct is a 2yr contract. I am going to cancel Centurylink tomorrow but I am afraid of what kind of fees they will try to charge. I was lied to and I feel alittle better knowing I am not the only one but what can we do?

Though this is an older post, we are just now running into a similar problem. Just a couple of months ago, I called CenturyLink to find out if there was a way to lower my bill, as it had been up to 100.00 a month, compared to the former 65.00 a month. When I told them I’d have to cancel, the rep supposedly put me back on the special of 19.95 a month for the next 5 years. She then told me about the great deals when bundling with Directv.

We were currently with Dishnetwork, paying 60-something a month for 120 channels. When all was said and done, I was going to be coming down to about 125.00 a month for the time being, with free movie channels until Feb. 2013. My first bill came through just fine at around the 125.00. However, my next bill came through at 225.00. It showed that I was being charged 45.00 for the movie channels, and a 20.00 charge for the Genie receiver.

Something that I’m just now seeing in fine print, is an extra charge. No one explained until today, that CenturyLink prorates these bills, and that when I call to cancel the movie channels, we’ll be reimbursed that 45.00. They simply told me sorry, but that first bill can look pretty scary. I can’t afford 225.00, and I never would have signed up if I’d been told the details. We are in a 2 year contract now with Directv, and I just want out!

Comment:

I too have major billing issues. I wont go into detail but it is not at all what they represented to me when they solicited my business. I have been overpaying every month and every month they say they have my bill straightened out only to receive another wrong bill that I am told to pay and then I will get credited later in the cycle. It never happens and now I am at the point I think I should get an attorney.

The same thing happened to me. I was told adding phone service to my established internet service with CenturyLink, it would only be $10 more a month. I have not yet seen anything like that. I was paying $54; my latest bill was $154. Every time I call their customer service my bill goes up.

Did you ever resolve your issues?

Comment:

I worked for Centurylink in customer care for almost 2 years it’s truly a terrible company. Centurylink does not have a dedicated customer care department it’s a sales department. Centurylink looks at the calls to customer care as signs. They looked the other way when top sales associates slam accounts with products and services. If you weren’t top in sales you are treaded like dirt and always threatened to be fired if you didn’t meet sales quota. People would get fired on a weekly basis and the training classes which we called our replacements were constantly churning out new agents. I’m shocked they don’t get giant fines for over billing.

To give a couple examples for the state of Florida during the full year of 2011 when a customer went on vacation mode they didn’t get the discount unless the customer called in every month for it and when they came back from vacation the system would charge them a $53.00 connection fee.

Another example when a customer calls in to add a call feature the system auto charge the account a $53.00 connection fee as if it is new service. Centurylink was aware of these over billing problems and never fixed them. I would give thousands of dollars a month in credits because of the dishonest over billing. These are just a couple examples of many! You know you work for a bad company if you won’t even subscribe to their service.

I started to look for a better job when I received my first write-up for falling short meeting quota I had 89.10% and I need 90.00% to goal to meet quota. I’m happy to report I no longer work for Centurylink as they are paying for me to look for another job via unemployment. Two weeks after being fired Centurylink is downsizing because sales are bad and the call center I worked at in Altamonte Springs Florida is closing on June 1 2012 and everyone is being fired. I can’t say I feel bad for the supervisors! You should stay away from this company at all cost!

Comment:

I am also having issues with this company. I live in the basement of someone’s home who I am renting with and I wanted my own internet and phone aside from theirs (it’s the crappy 1.5 speed internet and I am a online gamer and need as much as I can get). I had to have the landlord call centurylink to have them come seperate the lines. She got charged the fees which I paid her for and the lines were seperate.

I at the time did not have a functioning phone so I was unaware that my phone line was no functioning properly. When I actually got a phone and plugged it in, I could hear the upstairs talking on their phone still. This was crazy. So on July 1st I called them up and stated that I was having an issue with the line. They told me that it would be an 85.00 charge if it was any other issue but the box outside. I said well lets have them come out and take a look and I can decide from there. They asked me if the time frame of early morning was ok.

I stated that it was not, I work from 5am to 2pm monday through friday so anything after 2:30 would be great. She says she could do the window from 2-5 or 6 can’t remember exactly and I agreed to that. Well on July 2nd they came out roughly around 12pm. My brother was home at the time watching my son for me. He let the tech in the guy came in and went outside came back in and said, “oh look it was something wrong with the box outside.”

My brother said cool. I got home and he informed me what happened and I said well at least I wont be charged but I was extremely upset that they came almost 3 hours too early. When I got my bill, there was the charge of 85 on it…needless to say I was upset and that is an understatment. I then called them on July 26th after receiving the bill on the 25th asking why I was charged.

The tech made a report stating that the issue was inside the house and that was why I got charged. When I stated that maybe when we paid the fees in April when I got my service that the job should have been done right I was told that they do not see any fees that were charged to my account.

I said of course not it’s on my landlords bill cause you guys wouldnt let me put it on mine. They said well we cannot access her information due to customer privacy. If my landlord called them and asked that I can get info on her account in this regard that they can. I said, so, my brother was ok to have access to my account and authorzie service to be done to my account when he clearly is not on my bill but to fix my bill you guys decide to follow procedure.

They told me there was nothing they could do for me. Needless to say I am going to spread word of mouth about this company. They have bad business principles and as a person who works in a customer based job, this is not good for returning customers. Not even a comprimise on anything. Needless to say I will be talking to a lawyer.

Comment:

I would gladly join any lawsuit against these crooks. I cancelled them and they tried to tell me there was an agreement, but could not prove I entered into an agreement. I changed my service to Verizon and CenturyLink blocked the conversion of my number to Verizon, making several excuses but leaving me to contact Verizon and clean up the mess. They disconnected my DISH without my permission.

I explicitly told them to break the billing from my bundle and return billing to DISH. DISH was great about helping me. CenturyLink then sent me a bill on 4/10/11 for Local Service from April 10 to May 9 after I cancelled service on March 28th. I was billed a cancellation fee after a week-long battle ending in me not being in any agreement. I was also charged a Service Order fee. I will join any suit against them.

Then in In January I contacted Certurylink to get an internet plan. I was specific to ask for a policy that I could get for month-to-month that I would not have to pay an early termination fee for. I asked because I knew that my lease would be up in less than a year and my wife and I were in the process of looking for a new house. The salesperson that I was dealing with assured me that I could pay month-to-month without a cancellation fee.

Now I have bought a new house and have called Centurylink to cancel my service, in August. They want to charge me over $200 for cancelling my service. Centurylink told me that I made a verbal agreement to a year-long contract. I responded by telling them that I did not agree to a year-long contract and that I wanted proof of my verbal agreement or written agreement to such an accusation. They told me that it is documented that I verbally agreed to the services but they did not have written or auditory proof of such an agreement. Again, the manager of Centurylink told me that I would be responsible for $200+ for cancelling my service.

Can they really do this?

Comment:

I have had a very stressful situation with CenturyLink. In July 2011 I fell into a open and unmarked side walk vault of Century Link’s and suffered sever injuries.I contact them to take care of my hospital bills, and they refused. They later sent me a letter saying that the vault cover was stolen and they are not at fault. of course I did not believe there explanation.

So I investigated it a little more and found out that the vault cover had been removed by CenturyLink and they were known for neglecting there property. On the same street where I fell there are some other lose sidewalk vaults that belongs to CenturyLink.I am planing to sue them soon.

I simply wanted to change my number from a business line to a home phone. They said OK, gave me a conf# but when I received my bill it was still for $90.00 instead of the $13.50 that they promised. They said that I can’t cancel as I am published and have one more year on my contract. I never signed a contract with them, they took over Qwest which had been my provider and I never signed a contract with them either.

I can cancel the line and lose business or switch to another company that is unknown. After reading reviews of the few companies available I’m not sure what to do. I will send a complaint to the FCC and my state AG and hope for the best. Not happy with them at all. They even said that they couldn’t send me a copy of the policy to forward on.

Worst customer service ever. Caught them in lies twice at least. Was charged a late fee on my phone payment even though it was within their “5 day grace period” and also the law in Nevada gives more time than they say. They told me the Federal law is over State law. When I asked what Federal law, they didn’t know. I told them the Public Utilities Commission in our State offered to help me with the charge I am disputing.

They told me they were not a utility and didn’t have to talk to the PUC. They did remove the charge but the woman at the PUC gave me her direct line and said if I had any problems, she would have their contact…contact Centurylink to resolve the problem.

So I suggest that not only should you complain to the FCC but also the BBB and the PUC in your State. Maybe with all of them contacting this phone company, they can be persuaded to do the right thing or lose their Business License for your State. With one exception their customer service has been rude and yes, outright lies about things. This last time the guy said I had had late charges before…I said I don’t know of any. He said last Sept.

Well after I hung up I got my Sept bill and the only extra charge was $9.00 for Gross Receipts fee which I had called about and was told Centurylink was supposed to collect $1.00 a month for the local County and didn’t do that and were caught and had to make up for 9 months hence the fee.

Like I said, hey had lied again. Best to record them and that may help to resolve a problem with them. I despise them but they seem to be the only phone company except for our cable company that also does telephone. Good Luck to everyone who deals with this company.

Comment:

My husband and I had century link for internet for over a year and moved to a smaller town where they didnt offer the 4mbs anymore so all we got was barely 1.5mbs which was fine till I found out I was paying the same 45.00 for less way mbs plus it never worked. We got internet the maybe two days a week. I called i dont know how many times and they sent out numerous repair men.

I had to trouble shoot 3 times over the phone and even went out and bought a new cord. With all this work I know your think why didnt you just canel. Well I did and they said they waved all payments dont worry about any bills to come. Well here we are 4 months after that trying to buy a house and guess what has just now should up as being 30 days past due and dropped my husbands credit score 8 points.

I called and they have no record of any issues or complaints, how do you send out a tech more than once and have no record of it.

Comment:

My handicapped brother and his handicapped wife got a replacement modem/router from Centurylink after a lightning strike. When the replacement arrived Centurylink created a new account for the modem as if they didn’t know it was a replacement. To make a long story short they have been paying for having two separate internet connections for the last two years even though they only have one modem and I don’t think they have a functioning second line since I think their is a wiring problem in they apartment.

Even though Centurylink now knows that my brothers wife, who is mentally challenged has been paying for the second unused line because she didn’t know any better they are unwilling to refund the money. Centurylink made a mistake and won’t own up for it and are willing to steal over a thousand dollars from two handicapped people instead of refunding their unethically gotten gains. In my opinion Centurylink should be asked to leave Minnesota and take their unethical business practice with them.

Centurylink is the Most unethical company that I have ever done business with.Bills were always over billed. Had DSL service in Florida for 6 months. Tuned it off and they billed for a non-regulated $200.00 early termination fee. The gal that took my order originally told me that Florida is the only state where you can disconnect without penalty because of the many winter visitors.

You know they have a problem when the President of Centurylink sends a PDF file which discribes the ethical behavior requirements within Centurylink. With their business practices they are ripe for Law Suits from the private sector and large Fines from several state attorneys offices.

Comment:

I went to Centurylink last month and bundled with DirecTv. It was going to be a total of $62.99 plus tax a month. My first bill with CenturyLink was $62 but my Directv bill was $76. I immediately cancelled CenturyLink when they said they could not give me what my confirmation email said (and when they talked me into staying at $9.95 a month I agreed but never got a confirmation email) and got rid of DirecTv and was told I would have a $220 early termination fee. I have recorded all conversations wit all the reps I have talked to and I recommend everyone do the same.

I use a small DVR bought at Walmart for $40.00 and have every amount they have “promised” and never delivered with every rep I have talked to. So far Centurylink has not charged an early term fee and neither has Directv. If they do I plan on suing in small claims and using my recordings and my original web confirmation. Record everything you do with a customer service rep over the phone and if they promise an amount request a confirmation email.

I didn’t get one from Centurylink and called back and told them again I didn’t get a confirmation email for the $9.95 a month but I did get a confirmation email when I scheduled my payment online and asked to have it sent to me again and was told they could not resend it. I have every lie and flase amount promised on tape. I do not make a customer service calls to anyone without my DVR on speaker phone and I call on my cell phone so I have a record of making the call as well.

If I am charged a fee I will sue to get it back after all I do have a recording of all conversations and their breach of the original contract. I have never had so much trouble with a company before as I have had with these bozos. I signed up for service in March. They said to expect everything hooked up on the 21st. I took the day off from both school and work to wait for the tech because they insisted it couldnt be done on a Saturday.

I called them and apparently they set it up at a wrong house and then sent the modem to a totally different house! I demanded a new one and was told that I would be charched reshipping fees. After many hours of fighting I was told “fine we aint gunna charge ya no fee” but when I got my bill I was double charged for it. I called and they actually got it fixed and took it off my bill before I paid.

The next month I didnt a bill. I called them and they said dont worry it should be there soon. and said they were marking it in the notes that I had an extension since the bill hadnt gotten there. The following month I got a disconnect notice. The made me pay 150 in three weeks. My bill is only 50 and I had only had it for 2 months. I don’t understand how that consituted 3 months worth of pay.

But I paid it and threw in my may bill early. I got a correct bill in june and paid it a week after I got it (on my payday) which was at the 29th now suddenly I have another disconnect notice. I never even got July’s bill but I’m getting disconnected? this makes no sense! I just reported them to the better business beureau, but I wouldn’t mind hopping in on this. They have to learn that doing this to people is just not right.

Comment:

I am in the middle of a huge mess with century link. After being a dish/land line phone/internet user for about almost 4 years, I wanted something cheaper, (I was paying about 182 a month.) So I called century link to ask about prices, found out much to my surprised they were now bundled with Direct tv and quoted me a bundled price of around 66 dollars and something cents.

That was for both tv and internet and I requested my land line for my phone be canceled so I would not have that bill. We don’t have any working home phones anyway and didn’t use it. I also requested that that I have a paper bill. (And I will comment that while with dish I had also called and asked for a paper bill instead of an email bill and was assured at that time they would do that but instead canceled my email bill without ever sending me a paper bill.

So I would call from time to time, guessing when my bill was due, and pay.) In May, I was told that my combined bill would be the 66 dollar amount, my land line was getting canceled, and I would also receive a paper bill that was itemized. I refused the 3 month trial of the extra channels, because I said I would forget to cancel it, and didn’t want to get charged.

They verbally agreed to that also. Then they came and made the switch. Well, I got really busy over the summer, then went out of town on a mission trip, and came home and was fairly ill until school started…I teach. The first weeks of school are extremely busy and I have kids in stuff, plus other things. Over the summer I kept wondering why I wasn’t getting a bill…tried looking on the website but couldn’t figure out how to email these people, the website goes in circles…and didn’t usually have hours to try to figure it out.

Then more time would slip by me, until I finally emailed Direct TV and asked if they knew anything about my bill. They sent me a personal email, which is more than I can say about centurylink, and while they couldn’t help with my bill, did at least give me an account number. Then school started, no bill, and then I came home to an almost 800 dollar bill for the time since the end of May.

That was Saturday. I tried finding an email for someone on their website, sent an email, it came back undeliverable. I finally found a way to send a comment that did not require a password, and sent a message with all of this on it. I got an initial response, then got another response today giving me the number to set up payments for my account. They also said to email back if that didn’t answer my questions.

I couldn’t believe it!! I was dumb enought to expect them to check into this and figure it out. So I called the number for the financial services, and that lady was nice enough to give me customer service. Jennifer, the person I spoke to basically said it was my fault because they sent me email bills (which I specifically said I didn’t want), and I did not see, and I would have caught if I had checked on this sooner. She also thought I was being a little bit dramatic about it, and also said I didn’t have any documentation of the phone call when I was given the other price.

I guess she said my bill is now 182 or 184 a month, and when I said that’s what I was paying with dish before she said no that I had been paying 192, so that I was saving money now. I asked why would I go through all the hassle of changing to save that little per month? She didn’t really acknowledge that. When I told her I was going to look around she said they were the only phone service around.

I asked who else I could talk to and she said there was no one else and that there was nothing I could do at this point, and emphasized that if I had caught it sooner I could have fixed it sooner. This is all about to just blow me away, I am almost in shock. And it gets better. When I did call the financial office today apparently my bill has jumped to 1000 dollars since May, actually the very end of May. Again, she reminded me there was no documentation.

I am sick about this and don’t know what to do, or who to call. I would love to know of any class action suits or how to help report them and file complaints. I don’t want my credit ruined because I was scammed, it was like a bait and switch or something. The centurylink lady, Jennifer, sure didn’t like me using the words “scammed” and “lied to”, but she was either implying today that I was lying or stupid, not sure which.

Comment:

I just disconnected from century link last month to save money. We only went with Century Link because it seemed to be our only option after we moved. Our first year was fine from 2011-2012. However after our first year of service our bill went up due to our end of contract with our special promotion prices. So they agreed to renew our contract with an updated promotion.

We got our bill lowered again with what was supposed to be a faster speed but we noticed no change in speed. Then when we got our next bill it was still high. We called and were also looking into switching to a different company at this point. When we called they said our previous arrangement was calculated without adding in taxes. So they had us believing our whole bill would be lower but really it was lower before taxes but the same over all! We were frustrated with this blatantly sneaky method and managed to get them to lower our bill with even slower speed.

We were fed up with the price hikes, sneaky services, and all for slow internet when it is supposed to be high speed. So we found a place to get cheaper service that my mother recommended to us. We switched and canceled with century link. Our new service has double the speed at half the price we were being charged with century link! We got our final bill for Century Link today and it is saying we owe $350 in an early termination penalty.

This is outrageous! I don’ t ever remember them telling me in words or writing about this ridiculous fee, but of course they swear they told me. I can’ t afford $350. I switched services to save money. Just another heartless company out for greed.

Comment:

On 9/27, I had Internet installed. I made no other changes to my service. On 09/28, I noticed that I couldn't dial out on my phone. I have contacted CenturyLink 7 times now online & they still have not fixed the problem. The only way I have been able to contact CenturyLink has been online because I can’t dial out on my phone.  I tried their repair link on their website & it runs some tests & says everything is OK. It provided me a link for Internet repair. I clicked on the chat link & was told they were Internet repair only & that they could not help me & that I would have to call phone repair. I told them that I can't dial out & they said sorry they couldn't help me.

Next I went to the customer service chat line & I had explained everything again & they said they would try & help me, but then they disconnected me from the chat. I then contacted customer service through email & after 2 days, I finally got a response. They also told me that repair service is not their job & they provided me with a link to repair service, but it took me to the same Internet repair link. I went through that process again & was told the same thing that they could not help me; they were Internet repair only. Customer service also provided a number to call repair after I had just told them I could not dial out & they even acknowledged in the email that they understood that I was not able to make calls. That is what the problem is & why I need repair.

I need my service fixed ASAP. I am on unemployment & have to be able to file my claims & do my work searches each week to get paid.  I have to send a fax each week with my job search & I have not been able to do that & have now lost out on one week of UE because I could not send them my job search info. If I do not get my phone fixed before the end of this week, I will miss another week of UE because I don't get paid unless I send them my job search each week. I have to be able to contact potential employers to meet the requirements of my UE & to be able to get a job. I cannot do these things if I don't have access to a phone.  I am paying for phone service that I am not getting; I have not been able to use my phone for 2 weeks now. CenturyLink's inability to get this fixed is preventing me from getting a job & from getting my UE check each week. CenturyLink is now affecting my livelihood.

I emailed customer service, twice this last weekend.  My first email was about getting my service fixed.  I can't reach repair service from my phone or from the internet.  It apparently is no one's job at CenturyLink to help me reach repair service.  My God, can't one department talk to another department in the same company to help a customer whose service is down & who cannot physically reach repair themselves.  They aren't willing to do anything except send me emails telling me it is not their job.

My second email to them had to do with the order confirmation & pricing that I received. I am now being billed $104.29 a month, less $29 in discounts, & that doesn't seem to even include the $19.58 for my phone line.  My bill for everything before I added Internet was only $29.50 & I was quoted a price of $24.95 for the Internet.  My bill should only be $54.45 & not the $75.29 that their order confirmation states & then another $19.58 for the line.  I am a legacy Qwest retiree & I had a $40.29 employee concession on my account that appears to have been removed. In addition to that, I was quoted 24.95/mo for my Internet & they are charging me 63.95 less the 29.00 in temporary discounts, & that equals 34.95/mo; I was quoted $24.95, not $34.95.

This morning, I received another email & I was told that an outbound call block was put on my phone line on 09/27, the same day Internet was installed.  I did not order an outbound call block to be put on my line. In one sentence they tell me there is an outbound call block on my phone line & that is why I cannot dial & in the very next sentence they tell me that in order to correct my billing issues, discuss my concession, & have the outbound call block removed that I must call them.

How many times do they have to be told that I can’t dial out on my phone?  I don't have a cell phone, there aren’t pay phones & I live 25 miles in the country. They should be able to take care of getting my service up & running from an email, especially since this is their mistake.  I had asked in my last email that this be turned over to a supervisor & I don't believe that is was. I am getting the same responses over & over again; no one can seem to help me & it isn't anybody's job.  This call block was put on my line by CenturyLink in error & it was not authorized by me.  This was an error that CenturyLink made & now they are not willing to correct it unless they speak with me & I don't have any physical way to call them.

One other important thing that I need to note about CenturyLink is that this is not an isolated problem.  Ever since they bought Ameritech in 2002, I have had nothing but problems any time I have to make any type of a change to my account. I had to pay $79.00+ for many years when they had a bundle for $54.95 that would have covered all of my services, but they didn't give me that price because I didn't ask for it & I didn't ask for it because I never knew about it until I gotten one of their flyers in the mail years later.  They just over billed me for years, because they never made me aware that a lower price was available to me. When I made the change to the bundle, they screwed up my billing & it took them months to get that fixed.

Any time that I have had to make a change to my service, they have screwed it up & then the billing also gets screwed up.  The last time I had an issue, I had to have a repairman come out to my home three times to get the problem fixed & then they charged me for the repair visits for something they did wrong in the first place.  Not only did they charge me for the repair services, but they messed up my entire billing & took off my concession, just like they did again this time.  The last time they did that, it took almost 6 months before I could get my billing fixed & get my employee concession back on my account.  I had to go through supervisors to get this done.  I had to file an executive complaint to get this done.

This company has some very serious incompetence issues in my opinion.  I have never gotten anything done right the first time around & every service order placed creates a billing issue on my account. I continually have to fight with them just to get my service working correctly & get billed correctly.  If there was any other phone service available, I would leave CenturyLink & use that other service, but unfortunately, CenturyLink is a monopoly.  I just can’t deal CenturyLink & all their service & billing issues.

I shouldn't have to argue with them for months on end to get my service or my billing issues corrected. I shouldn't have to file executive complaints & Public Service Commission complaints to get my service working again or to get billing issues fixed.  I worked for the Bell System for 30 years & I worked in customer service, but CenturyLink provides the worst customer service that I have ever experienced; I give them a negative 10 rating.

I am a senior citizen living alone in the country.  I can't even call anybody if something happens to me & I need help. I have gone without service for 2 weeks now & I have contacted them 7 times about getting this fixed & I just keep getting the same answer, that it is not their job & I need to call repair service, but I can't call them; I have no way at all to do that.  I can't get the billing issue corrected until I can get the service working again.  To be very honest, I expect that will be another issue that will take months to fix, just like in the past. They need to start doing things right the first time around, not 6 months later after hours & hours of my time arguing about it with their reps who don't know how to do their jobs correctly.

Comment:

I spend hours every month trying to resolve billing issues.  I am so tired of it.  They tell so many lies and then try to accuse me of not telling the truth.  Every representative gives a different story.  Please add my name to this list.  I am onboard with whatever you do to this company.  It is so unfair that they get away with so much.

Comment:

I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan.I told him I was paying around $120.00 a month for my two phone lines and internet for my salon but that my plan did not include nationwide calling.

I was fine not having nationwide calling for that price as the staff and myself would just use our cell phones to return long distance calls. He told me that Century Link could do a plan for around $110.00 a month not including taxes and that it would I would have nationwide calling as well. I thought that would be great and he then scheduled me for a time to have my phone switched over to from Charter to Century Link. When I received my first bill from Century Link I was shocked at all the extra fees that I was not informed about to the tune of $500.00 and on the bottom of the bill in small print was a statement about a three year contract and that if I cancel before the three years was up I would be charged for each line around $700.00.

I also notced extra charges for long distance calling which I was told would be included in the price of $110.00. I immediately called my old carrier to come and switch me back to their service as it was clear to me I had been scammed. Now I have received a bill from them with the addtional charge for what they say is breaking their contract of $1500.00. I was never informed of any three year contract untill I read the fine print on the bottom of my first statement and have not payed this bill.

I have contacted Customer Support and have just gotten pushed from one person to the other but have still not been able to resolve this issue.

How can a company get away with this kind of fraud?

Dana Shy/ owner