McDonald's is one of the most complained about companies on the planet. There are more complaints each month filed about McDonald's than any other company. If you want to know what poor customer service looks like, look no further than the McDonald's corporate office.
Of all the complaints that I read each month, ones about food are particularly difficult to read. Why? Food is something we eat every single day. Food is a necessary part of life. Food is something most of us in America take for granted.
So, I thought about ways that you could voice your opinion. Do you want change? I do too.
With that in mind, here are 10 ways that you can complain to the McDonald's.
1. Call their customer service line and complain. Warning! You might have to wait on hold a few hours first.
2. Write a letter to their corporate headquarters, although you will likely never hear back.
Need their contact information? You can call them at 1-800-244-6227, 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST. You can also write the CEO a letter at McDonald's Corporation, 2111 McDonald's Dr., Oak Brook, IL 60523.
3. Email the CEO. He is a busy guy but at least he cannot ignore your complaint letter as easily as a phone call or an email.
4. Mention them on Twitter. Companies like McDonald's invest millions in marketing and social media. Somebody will see you at least.
5. Post a message on their Facebook wall. Facebook is the world's largest social network, and customer service reps are constantly watching.
6. Leave them a negative review on yelp. This is a good way to make sure the local restaurants suffer.
7. Leave them a negative review on Google. Even better than Yelp, make sure customers steer clear of the wrong places.
8. Tell a manager at a local McDonald's. It might feel good to talk to a real human for a change.
9. File a complaint at a third party website. At least they will appreciate your feedback (unlike the corporate office).