Add new comment

Comment:

On 1st June, my young daughter and I left Singapore on Emirates flight EK355 , at 21:45 to Dubai. This was just to meet our connecting flight on Emirates EK 011 to London Gatwick. We arrived in Dubai on schedule and met our connecting flight. However, the luggage which we checked in together, did not make it. Only my bag arrived in London but my daughter's did not. So, despote us having checked in together, checked our luggage together, being seated together plus having the same surname, our bags were not put on the dubai to London flight together, only my bag was put on it but my daughter's was inexplicably left behind in Dubai. By the way, this was by no means a full flight as there were many full and partial rows in economy, unoccupied.

Upon arriving in London at 7am, after 2 long tiring flights and no sleep and having collected my luggage we were waiting for Rebecca's bag for a while before we heard an announcement for her to go to the enquiry desk. At said enquiry desk, we were met by a very surly Emirates ground staff, who, unapologetically priceeded to matter-of-factly inform us that my daughter's bag had been 'left behind in Dubai'. Naturally I found this surprising and so I asked her why tge bag wasn't put on the plane with us?

To which she arrogantly stated, "Oh, YOURS is not the only one, there are many bags that didn't make it onto the plane!" If thus was supposed to console me, it did not, instead it immediately made me feel that she was incompetant and that the DubaiEmirates operation was apparently incompetant, too, or just lazy? I don't know. She never once thought to apologise to me nor to the small crowd of passengers left in London without luggage. When I informed her that this wasn't good as we were booked on a BA flight at 12noon to Jersey, CI, which was in fact,our final destination.

She told me our missing bag would arrive in London  at 12noon. Too late to travel with us to Jersey. And since we couldn't change our flight, what were we supposed to do about our missing bag? She then unceremoniously told me to fill up some forms and that the bag would be sent on to Jersey on the next available flight. When I asked her how I would collect it, she snootily informed me thatit would be delivered to my address, where I was staying in Jersey. So we left London.

Then at around 630pm,  Jersey airport calls to inform me that my bag had arrived and could I come & pick it up. What???? I told the lady caller what I had been promised in London by Emirates staff and she informed me that that was not the case, since there was no Emirates in Jersey to bill for delivery, so I had to arrange delivery myself. By that point I hadnt slep for more than 25 hours and was damn exhausted not to mention fed up.

Finally, I had to arrange delivery and paid GBP 13 for the bag to be returned to me. I wasn't provided any receipt, even though I requested one. To topbit all off, when I finally received the bag and paid fir it, it was filthy dirty and smashed above the wheel! This was a brand new suitcase which I had just purchased 2 weeks before our flight and this was its first trip!!!!! I want an answer to all this aggravation. A sound explanation and also suitable compensation.  This is not what I ever expected from Emirates.

I have been flying with you guys every year for at least last 4 years ! I am a blue skywards member EK219632932. Please get someone to answer me regarding this lax behavior and mishandling of luggage. Not to mention surly arrogant ground staff who don't even have the courtesy to apologise and deliver the bad news with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer!