Target Corporate Boycott Reaches 750,000 Customer Signatures

Target made the decision last week to begin allowing men and women to use whatever bathroom corresponds with their gender identity. The idea started out great, as something that included everyone regardless of race or gender. But many conservatives took offense to it. Now, it's spiraling out of control.

Now, a week later, more than 750,000 Target customers have signed a petition on the AFA website boycotting Target. Some say the number will reach 1,000,000 soon. The list is growing more and more rapidly as the word spreads. Just this morning there were only 600,000 names on the petition.

The petition is here if you are interested, but more importantly, this shows why free speech and social media is so important today. Because truly, every voice in a public discussion is heard.

What do you think of Target? Will you continue to shop there?

Comments

Comment:

Forget the restrooms, their customer service lately is piss poor. I am writing to you as a big fan of your clothing department. I have shopped at your store for the last 5 years, and have always enjoyed the quality and value of your women’s clothing lines.

That was, at least, until recently when I purchased a dress from one of your stores in Marysville, Washington. I purchased a beautiful nettle green-colored Maternity Crochet V-Neck dress from your Liz Lange range (http://www.target.com/p/maternity-crochet-v-neck-dress-liz-lange-for-tar...) which I wore on two occasions before washing it. Sadly, after only one wash, it has totally lost its shape. The elastic band around the middle is gaping and misshapen, and makes the previously beautiful dress now appear less than acceptable.

As I said before, I have never had a problem with your clothes, and remain loyal to your brand, I am just disappointed at how quickly this dress has lost it’s shape – after just one wash!

This situation is further complicated by the fact that I do not live in the US. I currently live in Vancouver, Canada, and am due to be moving back to my home in the UK at the end of this month (July). I make a point of visiting the US every year and it is during these visits that I stock up on purchases of Target clothing (usually dresses). Obviously, if I lived in the US I would simply visit one of your stores directly to address this issue (i.e. replacement or refund).

I didn’t know if there might be any way that you could correct this situation and appease my dissatisfaction as a valued customer, despite my living outside of the US? I would certainly be delighted if you could make an effort to either replace the dress, or compensate me for my purchase.

Comment:

Your announcement of going NON GENDER will be the perfect opportunity for your customers that are NOT non-gender followers to shop Walmart or Kmart or whatever comparable syores are in one's area.  At the expense of your company not wanting to offend "anyone"...you offend a huge segment of the population by your disservice to families nationwide! We have been Target shoppers forever but will discontinue at this point.  I spend a very sizeable amount of money there but I can find stores not worried about being Gender Free to leave my money.

Comment:

I'm very unhappy with Target's decision to lay out gender neutral toy aisles.  This will make it difficult for people trying to find specific boy vs girls items.  The majority people don't have a problems with "pink" (girls) "blue" (boys).  Why is the leadership of Target listening to the few grumblers who probably have a full-time job complaining about every little trivial issue that they are offended by.  I continued shopping at Target even when the Target red card was compromised, but I'm highly irritated at Target's current decision in this matter.  I don't know if I will shop as much at Target for toys now.  Something to consider...

Comment:

Since your stores have started your political correctness policy by banning certain items and now removing gender labeling off children toys and bedding. I use to only shop at your stores but now you are insulting the straight population and will never step in any of your stores again and will protest your stores because of your political correctness against the straight AMERICANS. Also, the Target store near me does not carry any ethnic art, prints, figurines, Canvas paintings Why? Ky, Ga, Va Beach. Carry all sorts of very nice things. Is it the buyer? You have a large cultural base here. African, Oriental, German, Indian, Mexican. ect . please get store with quality things for all.

Then, on July 22, 2015, I made purchases at another store.  While waiting in check-out line, I noticed the grotesque appearance of the clerk.  She had 2 piercings in each ear, tattoos up each arm to the top of her shoulder and two rings in her nose the circumference the size of a nickel.  I immediately changed to another line. When I was a child, growing up on a farm, my dad put rings in pigs noses but it was not to make them more attractive.  Thank you for addressing this problem.

Comment:

This is to inform you that I will never enter your stores again. I was unable to make a complaint to corporate so your stuck to pass this along. Your neutral policy of gender products is absurd. My soul desire is to see that everyone on my friend list is informed of your moronic decision and see to it that you lose business and money.

Comment:

I will no longer be shopping at your department stores, until you change your gender policy. I have no problem shopping in a department that is marked for girls or boys. God made us different. Until you change your policy, I will be shopping at WalMart, and Fred Meyers.

Comment:

About a year ago I unthinkingly signed up for a Target Debit Card at checkout.  It was a hectic day for me and the  clerk convinced me to get it. Within minutes of leaving the store I realized what a stupid thing I did and immediately contacted the store manager.  After being referred to several numbers I finally spoke with someone who assured me the card and information relating to it would be deleted from your system.

Your company has had problems with identity theft and fraud and I don't want to be a victim. Today I got a letter re my Target Debit Card and Annual Notices with Acct. ID 00055613525. Please know it is impossible to call and speak with customer service without a card number.  Can't believe a large company would operate in this manner. Please expunge all information associated with me and the Target Debit Card. I plan to pursue this further if this problem is not resolved.

Comment:

The supervisor I didn't see her name tag for a name asked if we were ready to check out, we said no we had more shopping to do. We were not ready. She had a male employee with her. Instead of letting my sister shop she started eyeing us like we were doing wrong which we weren't. She followed us for no reason. We did not deserve their treatment.I did not buy because of her. We gave our items to cashier. I asked to speak a a sup. I was pointed to the woman who was inappropriate with us. As I was leaving she told me I couldn't come back.

I did not do a darn thing wrong.I worked for Medford Oregon Target and I have no desire to do anything wrong. I left due to FMLA leave. I know the rules and guidelines of Target employees.Ive tried to come back. I want her to be punished if not supervised and give me job working as her superior. If something is not done I will take the company to superior court. She will loose her job. I either will be given the products I came for or my job back as her boss. My sister and I will go the mile. Disrespect of an former employee and guest. is not Targets way. Hope to hear asap i am seeking a lawyer.

Comment:

Kmart upset me 33 years ago and I have not shoped one day at Kmart since. With your new bathroom policy you just made the list also I will never shop at Target again. I will not have my daughter or granddaughter share a bathroom with a man who thinks he's a woman or give a dime to a anyone who allowed it to happen.

Comment:

I am very upset with your restroom policy. I have cut up my credit cards and I will never be in your store again. I know you sell Bibles. Maybe you should read one of them or are you being pressured to get rid of them.

Comment:

Evidently there are gays or democrats now making policy at your stores. Offending most of your customers doesn't seem to bother you. I tolerate what lifestyle people choose (even when it goes against biblical teaching), but I refuse to have it crammed down my throat. There's no way I would take a chance on taking a child into a restroom to be encountered by a stranger of the opposite sex!  Since children shopping usually need to use the restroom, Target is no longer on my list of places to shop.

Comment:

The democrats? Next you'll want republican restrooms right? Why is it that republicans are so obsessed, especially what the consider deviant, when we all know they are far more deviant themselves because their focus on those subjects is so obsessive? Get a grip. What's the difference between pink and purple? The grip you have.

Comment:

Here's how bad it's going to get. As much as you assault the constitution with religious principles and irrational fear and hate you are on the wrong side of history and the beliefs of the majority of americans who believe in equal rights under the law.