Customer Satisfaction Results

AT&T

Complaint Department

Filed by marco starac on Jan 24, 2015
Consumer Rating

Att has been nothing but a severe let down and depressing choice of wireless carrier. Service sucks. Garbage. Utter crap. If you like customer service I would recommend you go anywhere else BUT Att.

165 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about AT&T?

Compare AT&T to Similar Cell Phones more...

AT&T Customer Feedback Trending Now

457 AT&T consumers have created complaints against AT&T to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free AT&T complaint form to share your review. Need to contact AT&T corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Your Uverse & Internet services are wonderful, but your billing service is a total disaster. I have maintained the same service for the past 3 years yet each month the bill is different, both up and down. I have talked to customer service repeatedly at several levels and have been given assurances that my bill will be the same amount until Feb. 2016. However, this does not happen. I'm at the point where Comcast & Dish TV are looking good.

Consumer Rating

Internet sucks. False Advertising on "High Speed Internet." Always slows down randomly, especially around when it's about time when my bill is due for the internet. Fixed your internet and your false advertising AT&T. Don't put high speed when it's no where close to being fast.

Consumer Rating

To Whom It May Concern: I'm complaining about AT&T because My husband and I received a $10 off Amazon gift card through the mail from AT&T. It said to call number, give the rep the code and you would receive your card in 8 weeks, ok. So, I did this and gave the info. Well, the first person I spoke with got my email address incorrect so after 2 months of waiting the first time, I called back and the correct email was given to AT&T. I wait another few weeks and nothing reaches my email. I've called now about 5 times & spoke to several Supervisors, one was named Chris and the other was Toni Brooks. Both Managers said they'd escalate the situation and that I'd have it in 2 days.

Well, now its been so long and so that is why I'm sending the complaint. I really wonder if anyone has ever gotten one of these $10 Amazon gift cards?? I also use AT&T for internet and have used for cell phone and home phone in the past. I'm very upset and find this disturbing that such a large company says one thing, but doesn't deliver on their promises. I have used Amazon a lot for purchases and would really benefit from the $10 gift card my husband and I are owed. I hope that the person or persons reading this will have some authority and actually send me my gift card. I've started wondering if this is really legitimate? I'm an unhappy Customer.

Consumer Rating

I visited AT&T located in a Walmart Store, Mayaguez Mall Shopping Center The AT&T Representant offered me an Offer including the equipment of a “Nokia Lumia 635” with the activation and Data Plan for 1 month, for the amount of $101.64 (including taxes). I accepted and paid with my db card, she prepared the Receipt for the amount of $101.64 and gave it to me.

On 4/15/15 night time I realized when tried to use the phone, that it wasn’t working, so in the morning, I opened my banking account, and I found out that instead of subtracting the amount of the deal, AT&T withdraw from my account a non authorized payment of $156.71. This is not Legal, according to Law.

I try to contact AT&T, but it seems that they don’t have departments to attend these issues, only one person from AT&T answered and said “that this corresponds to Walmart”, that AT&T has nothing to do with that. We all know that Walmart just rents these companies, small spaces, but the employees and the merchandise are from AT&T. Isnt this called a Fraud?? If I dont let this make public, is going to keep happening to other clients...

Consumer Rating

I purchased an IPhone 5s on 5/14/2014. My phone was stuck in headphone mode. I took it to the Anadarko, Ok AT & T store. The salesperson stuck a paperclip into the headphone jack. I was told to take phone to the Apple Store. Of course the cost was going to be $200.00+ I went back to local AT&T store because I did not cause the damage and was told to file a claim. I called the insurance department and was switched back to AT&T, and then switched back to the insurance department. I was told I would be charged a $200. deductible. When I got upset the rep offered to lower the price since I am a "valued customer".

I needed my phone, so a replacement phone was sent to me and I took it to AT&T to be activated. The rep advised me that the phone was under warranty since it was purchase 5/14/2015 and I should not have had to pay anything. The replacement phone is getting hot during use. I am very dissatisfied and upset that I am out of pocket for something I did not do. To top that off the "Lifeproof" case that I purchased at the same time has also fallen apart. I want something done since I did not cause any damage to this phone and I should not be charged any additional $ other than what I originally was charged for the phone on 5/14/2014. This is very poor customer service all the way around, although the insurance clerk was very nice. Please do something to correct what your employee's did and all the time I have been on the phone and without a properly working phone.

Consumer Rating

I have been having nothing but trouble with at&t for the past year, year and a half with their customer service on the phone. one recent complaint was when the second phone I had on my account was stolen. I called at&t explained what happened. they immediately deactivated that phone and whatever else to it so that it couldn't be used. good so far. I told them I had another at&t phone to reactivate. It was a prepaid at&t phone the android Avail 2. I asked If I could activate that temporarily till I decided what I wanted to do as far as getting a replacement phone permanently. not a problem. great!!! Not so great after having it reactivated from day one we had nothing but problems with it. it started out to where it wouldn't log on to any wifi. only Data. than it wouldn't even do that after a week and a half. 2 weeks into that it started to receive late text messages, from an hour up to 2 days late. than it started to drop calls.

basically it got worse till the point where it didn't work at all. Yes I called with in the first 2 weeks. they said they would look into it. and get back to me in three days. never heard from them, phone getting worse. called again, same response. no call back. I waited for another 2 weeks to where at that point the pone was really getting bad, dropped calls, not receiving texts, or no texts. I got a hold of Jordan, he said he would personally look into and stay on top of it till he got it resolved. he also mentioned that its possible that due to the Android Avail 2 being a 3G phone that it is no longer updated. they stopped updating the software for that phone. he got back to me on the day he said he would with no new news. said he would continue looking into it and get back with me. didn't hear from him again. basically I called back to say im canceling the whole contract on both phones and services and what do you know. they immediately redirected my call to recovery services and bent over backwards to keep me as a customer.

than just today, 4/16/15 I tried to call to see what my options were for an already prepaid arrangement for $49 to be automatically withdrawn from my acct on 4/17/15. I explained my situation making sure I told them that my bank acct was in the negative and I had no money to pay this. after explaining that the customer rep said can I pay $20 today on it????? I get a bit upset and started to reiterate again my situation and as I was doing so she hung up on me. I called back got a hold of a different rep. explained a third time what was going on with my situation making sure she understood what being in the negative in my bank acct was and in doing so got hung up on a second time. therefore I am at the point to where im ready to leave at&t completely for their lack of customer care and understanding, which by the way is a word they clearly do not know. there is more to both of these complaints and I would like to know what at&t is going to do about this??? the ball is in your court as they say.

Consumer Rating

I had been a customer for over 10 years. In this time there has never (I mean it) been a contract switch or a phone upgrade that went smoothly. The store and online service don't have the correct information, and often contradict each other. Activating any device is a nightmare because you will be forced into some new plan change that you do not want or expect. I experienced this year over year, phone change after phone change. The last straw was when ATT convinced me to switch from Family plan to the NEXT plan. I was told it would save me money. Imagine my surprise when my bill went up by over $100 the first month. This was followed by weeks of calls to ATT customer service.

The next two bills were wrong, higher than before Next plan switch. Then they started charging me for data on one of my lines that I did not have a data plan on for the past 10 years. They claim it was due to the fact that it was a smart phone, but it happened right after I canceled my service. Interesting coincidence. I am very disappointed with treatment by ATT and how they don't care about their long term customers. I also want to add that they consumed so much of my time and their representative time during the problems that were ATT initiated, that there is no way to account for the amount of money they have spent as a business and still lost me as a customer. NOT a good way to spend your money!!! Stay away from ATT.

Consumer Rating

AT&T (without our knowledge or consent) decided to change how we receive our e-mail. We had absolutely no problem with our Outlook Express or receiving or sending e-mail or opening up attachments and/or documents. AT&T has brought us back to dial-up internet (remember that) & yes, we have WIFI, but it does no good. Our service went from passable to snail pace. I can't stand trying to get on line and opening up something and they''ve even dropped e-mails I had received when the whole turnaround took place. I've been missing e-mails from the end of March that are NOWHERE!? Mostly I sit by & watch the "Connecting" spin by for hours & hours (it definitely feels that way) until I get so frustrated that I shut down everything. Is this what I pay for? I'm beginning to think that dial-up was faster.

What do you have to say, AT&T!!!!!!! Why isn't my internet & e-mail faster? Do you need to give me a new modem? Believe it or not, that's how we're getting our wireless!!!!! There has to be a better way!

Consumer Rating

Had My Mother-in-law's phone turn off and ATT keeps sending a bill. I have Called four times and talked to your Experts, and they all have said I owe no money. Yet ATT sends a bill every month! This has been going on since Jan.This time the bill said it would be turn over for Collection $6.28. I worked for ATT for twenty five years before all the out sourcing. I believe the Company has fell way down the hill never to return. You billing people don't know what they're doing. Too many hands in the pot, if you ask me. I am calling for the last time, if this dosent work just turn the $6.28 over to collection and maybe we can all go to court and see what happens next. No wonder people leave your services! Calling Today and they can't even find the account or billing some Experts.

Consumer Rating

i moved to Cibolo from JB San Antonio to a new house, I order service for my new house 228 antrium cibolo, tx 78108. My wife and myself we call several times to get a service connected, I had been given several appointments; there are always different excuses as why they could not perform the installation, up to today between my wife and I; we had talked to AT & T representatives several times and they all have the solution to fix the problem, but after a week I still do not have service, I started getting text as well as when they will be at my house then another text says it will be re-schedule; somehow they could not find my address as I said it is a new house so I gave then the subdivision name (Turning Stone) and all of a sudden, my new address according to AT & T is 216 Antrium and not 228 Antrium; by the way 216 is a place for a house that has not been billed. they call me today several different numbers and then one time they say we need your SSN to run your credit, I am not sure it is AT & T; why waited after a week to ask me the day that I called; at that time I new I was calling AT & T; at this point i get many different numbers telling me that they will be at my house and then when they show up; oh no we can't connect you until they add a box, that was today. supposedly all the notes are added for each time that I called, but when they make a mistake, somehow they do not know how it happens, and all of a sudden they want my SSN. This is not the first time I have AT & T, they have my personal info on file. could somebody help me to get the internet connected, unfortunately I do not have access to internet, so I can get a call and I will verify that the number belongs to AT & T before I can give my personal info.

Consumer Rating

I have been over charged on every bill from day one. I have not been getting data service that I paid for and finally today I was put on a different plan with no data and given a 30 dollar credit. I tried to fix this with customer service and tech support but was told many times that it was going to get escalated and I would be notified. Yet nothing happened! I have been paying $130 every month for services I did not receive and after all this time I'm put on a plan with no data! Nothing was fixed and I get a 30 credit. really! Somebody help!

Consumer Rating

On March 12, I visited the Authorized Retailer located at 701 North Central Expressway in Plano TX. I went there to inquire about up-grading my phone to the I-Phone 6S. I was very disappointed in the service I received. I was greeted at the door, asked the nature of my visit and told to have a seat. I waited 45 minutes and observed other customers being serviced. I thought the sales representative was not aware that I was waiting, so I went to the desk to inquire and was told "I am leaving, you must find someone else to assist you."

I waited another 15 minutes, then I went to the greeter to voice my concerns. While speaking to her, another customer came in and was serviced immediately, at that point I left the establishment. Following this encounter I received a home survey asking if I would recommend this company because I have been a long time customer, I replied NO and shared with her the above incident, she apologized and suggested I file this complaint. I would suggest the staff at the above location have some training on Customer Service procedures. My husband called the home office to report this same incident and was told to submit the complaint in writing. I would appreciate it if you would send me the address of the home office.

Consumer Rating

I recently got a new phone. I was talked into getting the Nokia after asking for a Samsung. I was told I couldn't get that and that the IPhone was way more money. The Nokia phone was very difficult for me to understand. I am a 76 year old only recently understanding technology. I had many problems with my phone and then it started burning my face. I was then sent a new battery and again told I couldn't have another phone. After the new battery my phone began randomly calling people and when my Daughter would call another name would show up. I added my time and I have spent over 10 hrs dealing with this phone either on the phone or at the store and STILL nobody would allow me a new phone. I am absolutely disgusted with my phone and with ATT for not giving me the chance at another phone. I hate my phone and was told if I sent it back I would still be billed the $200 out of my checking account. This is plain and simple poor, poor customer service and if I had other options for a phone in my area I would surely be gone from your company. Such a disgrace! I should have some type of compensation for my time and upset.

Consumer Rating

We had some elements of our AT&T phone service changed in January, 2015. Since then we have had increasing problems with internet access, chiefly in the late morning, afternoon and evening, to the extent that our tablets (both Andriod and iOS) cannot access the internet at all. I've tried calling to resolve this but have been passed from person to person and repeatedly placed on hold without help. Two of the people I talked to had heavy accents and were difficult to understand and the background noise was so loud that they were difficult to hear (if AT&T is farming out its tech support to firms outside the US, I can tell you I expect to deal with US citizens who can, at the least, speak understandable English). To date, I've spent a great deal of time on the phone and am no closer to resolving the problem than when I started and am absolutely disgusted with AT&T's lack of support and confusing and multiple departments and phone numbers (one number I was given to call, 800-331-0500, gave me a series of commercials, none of which I was able to escape and provided no help and I finally hung up in disgust). If I cannot quickly get this internet issue resolved, AT&T will lose my wife and I as customers. We certainly have other, multiple, choices for our internet, phone and TV service. Dennis Hecht

Consumer Rating

I have wireless and phone service plus wifi with at&t. I have been trying to find out for several days, hang ups, connected to the incorrect dept. an answer to a question. I am moving to a place that offers direct TV which partners with at&T I am currently with comcast but will change to direct TV. I just wanted to know whether to take my equipment with me or cancel my service and set up new service with direct tv who is offering bundles for new customers. I know I will have to pay $180 if I close out my account, I'm just trying to find out which is the best way to go and no one after hours on the phone knows anything, not only that but password changes are hard and so difficult to manage. I guess I'll pay the penalty and go with a different company after many years. I hate your service it is not user friendly and finding a person or the right person is agonizing....

Consumer Rating

I placed an order for a new phone service at my apartment as my home in SandSprings Oklahoma was severly damaged by the March tornado. The person took all of my information and gave me the new phone number. The order was never entered and I was hung up on by the associate when I asked too many questions Tuesday morning. The phone at my residence was disconnected and there was no oprder to add a new phone to the new address. This is no way to treat the elderly AT&T customers, especially when a tornado hit their house.

Consumer Rating

On January 5, 2015 I paid my AT&T bill in full $82.85 on January 6, 2015 I called, and canceled my services (phone & internet). At the time I canceled my services the representative didn't inform me that I needed to turn in my equipment. So AT&T has continued to charge me fees, for services that were already canceled. I then obtained services through a new company (Comcast) on January 13, 2015, and AT&T has been charging me for using their services for the last four months. I've talked to various representatives about my bill, and no one has given me the proper solution to resolve my issue. However, I would like this issue reviewed, and resolved because it has caused me tremendous stress from talking to unruly, unethical, unprofessional representatives! I have a credit that is due to me in the amount $46.55, and if no one responds to this message I will contact my local news for help in assisting me with resolving this matter.

Consumer Rating

I got a wireless bill and was charged over $580 for a phone that you sent me. I returned the old phone to your store and I got many AT&T emails and texts saying that my warranty device was received back to you, the warranty was scanned and on its way to the warranty department. Then I got another text message stating that you received the device then you turn around and charge me for it! I'm not going to pay for a phone that I do not even have! This is highway robbery from a big money-grabbing corporation. I will not stand for this AT&T!!

Consumer Rating

Had tech set up twice for appointment to service/fix a bad internet modem only to not show up. Once tech did show, he had no replacement parts to fix modem. Tech said he had to go back to his office to get the part and will be back on 15 minutes. Tech NEVER showed back up. Once I call tech support they said they would have a tech out by 8:00 that night only to have tech no show again!!!! Once I finally got threw to tech support a 3rd time AT@T rep statedy appointment was moved to the next morning. Tech support was extremely rude and argued with me the whole time I tried to simply talk to someone to cancel all services. I had to call several times and they still will not cancel or fix our services/equipment.

Consumer Rating

I was trying to disconnect my business service and it took 28 minutes to do it and I was only on hold for about 4 of those minutes. The first girl I talked to was very polite and efficient and transferred me to the disconnect dept. very quickly. Then my experience turned into a nightmare. The girl kept trying to get me to try other options besides disconnecting. After repeatedly telling her that I just wanted to disconnect, I had to get rude and threaten to complain to her supervisor. If you have 28 minutes, I would suggest that you listen to my call. I will never do business with AT&T again and I have been a customer for almost 20 years. I am 55 years old and this is only the second time that I have ever complained about to a business about one of their employees.

Contact the AT&T Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to AT&T. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 208 S. Akard St.
    • Dallas
    • TX 75202
    • USA
  • I want to call the AT&T customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1 (800) 331-0500
  • I need to visit the AT&T company website. What is their website address?