AT&T

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about AT&T

Posted by marco starac on Jan 24, 2015
Customer Rating

Att has been nothing but a severe let down and depressing choice of wireless carrier. Service sucks. Garbage. Utter crap. If you like customer service I would recommend you go anywhere else BUT Att.

63 Customers agree with this feedback

Did AT&T provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about AT&T?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5
1.95 out of 5 Stars
341 Consumer Reviews

AT&T
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to AT&T. What is their corporate mailing address?

208 S. Akard St.
Dallas, TX 75202

I want to call the AT&T customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1 (800) 331-0500

I need to visit the AT&T company website. What is their website address?

More AT&T Complaints

Customer Rating

My land line number is or was 1440 9516218 mike steele cell phone is 440 5374742. I used this land line for my heart monitor only which is as critical of a line as you can have. It was disconnected because i did not have the money. When i finally got it i paid it on 1-21-15 i paid the bill in total and called to have it connected again . In the period of 3 whole days i talked to at least 6 at&t agents from all of the country and world and was promised and guaranteed it would be on at any hours and never happened at all and there was not even any paperwork put in to have it done. I had a small dispute with the last agent and he told me it would be put back on on the 21st but as the day went on it never happened as usual. I called late in the day and got a hold of at&t and was told oh no its not going to be hooked back up till the 28th of January. Shocking i was penalized almost a week to get my HEART monitor put on because of the complaining of never getting the job done. Finally a woman supposedly helped me on Friday afternoon packaging all 3 of my services with a connection of my land line this Monday the 26th. I have been a faithful customer but this is the worse service in the history of services. My u verse account is 4405374742 which is my cell phone number and my new package is 4405255492 what a disgrace with the way this has been handled. My next stop is anyone that will listen to me i told everyone of them that this was for a heart monitor and got the same story from everyone, terrible.

17 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

This complaint starts from the day I ordered a new iphone 6 plus. My personal assistant, Patty called AT&T on October 14, 2014 and spoke with Frank Victor who placed the order for me. She explained to him that I was up for an upgrade so I wanted to do the two year plan. However, for some reason he placed me on the Next plan and was unable to change it at the time. He told me to call back in 24 hours to have it changed. My credit card was charged $57.00 for the order, which to date I have not gotten back! When Patty called back on October 15, 2014, she spoke with Jarmain and she said that it cannot be changed in the system that we have to wait for the phone to be activated and anytime within 15 days it can be changed...AFTER ACTIVATION
She did say that it shows I will get my phone in 28-35 days.

Continuously called all through November and December for when the delivery will be there and kept asking if there was any way for the reclassification to be done. No progress. On December 17, more than two months later, I finally received my phone. Patty calls to activate it on December 18. That was no problem, but when it came time for them to switch the classification, Patty was told it could not be done. She spoke with Cindy Wood who got with her supervisor Jason Pofhal and he explained that it was another department to make the changes since the order date was so long ago. I explained that I had spoken with several representatives and was told that the phone has to be activated. He said he will make notes and get someone to call me back. He assured me that I would have to only pay $499.00 which is the upgrade contract price and not the next price of $949.99.

couple days later, Jim called and told me to get in touch with the IT department. After several tried for that department, I was told that no such department exists and that I should get in touch with the Premiere Department. Spoke with Connie, he said he cannot help, but to try back. Finally got in touch with the premiere department and spoke with Carol, she said there was nothing that she could do and would check with a supervisor. I was on hold for more than an hour and spoke with Saundra who said she looked at all the notes and couldn't understand why this was not done in the beginning by the department that the supervisor Jason was in. All in all, I was on the phone for about three hours and she spoke with another supervisor in another department, Seeta who was absolutely no help and was not even nice to talk too.

Saundra decided that she would put a note on my account that I can try taking it to a store and if they would take it back I can repurchase another one. I did not want to do that since I already used my phone on a recent trip and did not want to lose the pictures, etc. on it. I am very disgusted with this service and all the back and forth. we were never told to cancel the order completely and start over...I think it's a ploy for people to pay double to own a phone. I am also filing a complaint with www.ftc.gov for this absolutely poor service to deal with a situation.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I used to have internet and telephone service with AT&T. Until about 7 months I had my telephone turned off because each month in would be a different price plus they was going up monthly. I left a balance with my telephone $68.00 I still have my internet I was paying $10.00 each month on telephone balance. Until they stop allow me to pay the $10.00 thru my online account next thing I knew they have put it collection. First it was Franklin Collection. I don't understand that I was paying them. My balance was 38.00. Now the have sent it to another collection agency. I just received my bill for my internet service and it has almost double. I look to see what they was charging me for. They stated in December I removed their service and in the same month add it back so they charge me for that. I never called them about anything in December. You can't call and talk to anyone anyway. What is going on with AT&T. I am going to contact Public Service Commission. And why do they goes up every month on telephone service?

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I just want to say I have been a loyal customer since 1999 and I have always been satisfied with service and product until the last 3 yrs. I have 5 phones for my husband myself and 3 kids and I have had to replace 22 phones either threw warranty or just plain by new ones because none of then work after a couple wks. The product really disappoints me these days and it does not matter if I got a 40$ phone or a $600.00 phone they r all junk. Then u call customer service and those people treat u like crap then charge u to send a replacement then sometimes the new one comes and sometimes u have to call again and get charge more money to wait on another junk phone all the while the mins that I have paid for are not getting used but that's ok cuz u guys got paid for them even when I don't have a phone to use them on for wks. This is ridiculous! I pay for data because half the time the phones won't connect to WiFi. Sometimes u get ur phone calls sometimes u get ur text and sometimes ur boss wants to fire u because u never returned the phone call u never got and sometimes when ur kid is in the nurses office and needs to come home sick or with a broken arm just maybe u will get that phone call. Please stop making new phones and fix the ones u already have out so they actually work more then sometimes. I am a very very disappointed dissatisfied long time customer that is about to change all 5 of my phones to a new service provider if I don't get some acknowledgement on this problem u have been causing me.

9 Customers agree with this feedback

Chronology of AT&T Nightmare

Saturday, January 3, 2015:

Sales office: You have absolute U-verse signal where we live – we signed up for installation on 1/10/15

Saturday, January 10, 2015:

1. Technician “Jim” called at 1:37 saying he is on his way arriving about 45 minutes later. When he called, I asked how long it would take and was told that it could be up to 3 hours to install everything.
2. Technician told my wife and I that there were bad news, i.e., we do not get a U-verse signal and that it will require additional work and cables, etc.
3. We told the technician no and to cancel it
4. When asked whether we are ready to continue with our current service, Jim said he has not done anything and that nothing has changed (per Dave, the technician who came on 1/12/15 around 1:30 p.m., the technician had disconnected our landline both at the house and at the regional box about ½ mile away.
5. The technician left around 2:55 and when I wanted to make a call at 3:00 p.m., my phone displayed a “No Line” message which made me check my internet and I got a DSL failure.
6. I called Jim twice (3:02 p.m. and 3:04 p.m.) leaving a message on the number he called asking him to return – after all, he was gone for just a few minutes and had budgeted many hours.
7. at 3:15 p.m., I placed a call with U-verse which, between holding for some time and the conversation lasted 51 minutes and I was told I have to call DSL because they need to fix it. I mentioned to the U-verse person that DSL does not work without the line and they need to get the person back who disconnected my line.
8. The DSL person was reaching out to the repair center and then was trying to get a repair person to come back. By now, Illinois offices had closed but they were open when I initially had reached out asking that a repair person come back – Jim could have come back because he got the time back.
9. Numerous texts with the help-desk for U-verse but the issue is that if one does not respond for a couple of minutes, they disconnect and the next person does not know what’s going on – the next issue is that they simply responding out of the playbook which does not help.
10. The repair desk mentioned that I’d be contacted by a manager that evening and nothing happened. This is the first of many calls that were promised and did not happen and I stayed available until after 11 p.m.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

1. At 7:29 a.m. I placed the call to the repair center but the call was disconnected
2. AT 733, I went on a call with Erica and she said she’d escalate it and gave me a ticket number: PL316C02
3. 9:02 a.m. another call saying no repair until Tuesday and then changed to Monday 8-6
4. 10:57- call from Pat – agreeing that repair be done Monday between 8 and noon with the technician calling first thing in the morning
5. I initiated text wanting to verify that no U-verse technician was coming back on Tuesday. The nightmare continued with having to text with numerous associates and still waiting today for calls from the managers, which were promised within the next 15-30 minutes and “very soon.”

Monday, January 12, 2015

1. 9:16 – 22 minute call where I was (a) told the U-verse technician would come on Tuesday and that I have no ticket for a repair on Monday – that was finally cleared up but then I was told I have no 8-noon windo.
2. 9:40 – trying to call U-verse making sure no U-verse technician would come – not being able to get through
3. 9:43 it took 14 minutes to get a person on the phone – not being able to help
4. 10:17 23 minutes wait time on the phone and that person told me that I would be transferred to a real person and promptly I was transferred to an answering machine
5. 10:45 calling back with 8 minute wait time – no resolution
6. 1159 – 10 minute wait time – no resolution
7. noon – no technician for my 8-noon appointment
8. 1:03 – Dave called saying he’d be there in about 25-30 minutes and he was. He was fine and simply explained that the U-verse technician had disconnected our landline both at the house and at the regional box about ½ mile away and had left the wires unconnected even knowing that no U-verse was available at the home).
9. numerous call attempts to the local sales office I dealt with but hold time was too long.
10. 4:12 call to DSL number and they were able to get me a U-verse person (Jamie). Jamie was find and did a good job was simply not able to address my issues of not willing to accept an apology for this nightmare and a customer service which goes beyond being reprehensible. She offered a token offer for me to give U-verse another try and I declined. I expressed to her my concern that for 2 days, not having a land line and thus no internet, we had to utilize the iPhone hotspots and the LTE for internet matters.

I have been a customer of AT&T for quite some time and am paying my bills on time but simply do not think that AT&T cares about having me and my family as a customer. This is me only complaining as a private consumer at this time. I am not suggesting any offers I'd like to see because I believe you know what you need to do - I expect to hear back by close of business Friday with your suggestions/recommendations.

Helmut E. Gerlach

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

ATT has outsourced the jobs to Asian countries where the tellers are incapable of helping customers since they do not know the US. The tellers just read the computer screen. Totally useless people. The American tellers just promise appointments yet nobody shows up. Nobody knows what they are doing. Completely irresponsible! Waiting for internet service for over 5 days.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

WOW WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO AT&T! AT&T has become such a big conglomerate that their employees and CEOs have lost sight of their Missions. I have been with AT&T for a very long time and with having AT&T products such as: 5 wireless numbers, Direct TV and I have just recently added U-verse (home phone and Internet) one would think that I would be considered a Loyal customer and treated as such! Not the case, I have to do 2 each combine billings on all of these AT&T services. I have these set up for an automatic banks withdrawal (ACH) and have done this for years never had a problem. So to my surprised, I received a letter in the mail from a Collection agency this week stating that I have been turned over to them to collect my debt (which was paid by the bank). My nightmare begins, when I try to call and discuss this matter with any and all AT&T Representatives, they do NOT LISTEN. I ended up talking to 10 different Representatives to include supervisors yesterday and got 10 different responses on what the problem was. Finally, on my 11th attempt, I finally got someone that LISTEN and told me immediately what had happen. It seems like when I switched from a DSL and Home wireless account to a UVERSE account that account was closed(no AT&T Representative told me this would happen when I ordered this). The bank draft was posted to the closed account. The AT&T Representative She immediately reversed the bank draft from the closed account to the new account and all actions were cleared up immediately. I feel I should not have had to endure this kind of mental anguish to try and correct what is apparently several broken processes with the AT&T Corporation. I feel mentally beat up and when my contract expires, I will move on to a different provider. May I suggest A Lean Six Sigma Process for the whole Corporation. Just remember you're as strong as your weakest link.

a Disgruntled Loyal Customer.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I am ready to call the Better Business Bureau or someone about all the annoying calls to my home about switching to U-verse. I have asked to be removed from their list but the calls just keep on coming. I am feed up with this annoyance. I have told the callers over and over again I am not interested in switching but it does no good.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I bought a contract with AT&T. I have one phone and it isn't even a smartphone or iphone. I pay $47.00 a month. I went online to change my account information. Having done that I thought it was going to be automatically debited to the new account. I went to check the old debit account and found it was still being debited by AT&T. So thought I'd call them and they still had the old account listed on my profile, even though the new account was added. I got a letter from the old account saying it past due. That how I found out they didn't change the account information. I also do not like the service. I rarely get and make calls and when I do I most of them are dropped. I want out of my
contract and don't ever want another one.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

AT&T complaint about the the worst customer service I ever encountered... You think switching your phone to AT&T and keeping your old phone no. is easy as 1,2,3 right? It's not a rocket science,right? Wrong! Apparently it is to AT&T customer service. I've been calling and requesting to keep my old no. that I have for 31 years to no avail. Nobody seems to know what they are doing. I've been calling them since 1/15/15 and my phone hasn't been switched that I finally gave up and cancelled it on 2/6... But no, their incompetency did not end there. Just called today 2/10 (because I have this nagging feeling) to make sure that my account is cancelled and was told that it's still active...now I am paying two phone numbers...Sooooo frustrated!!!I am so stressed!!! Here's my timeline dealing with them...

1/14 - ordered Att service via direct TV, order no. AZMZ4A93XWA4 and was told that I will receive $100 Att reward card for switching to Att
1/15 - requested to keep old no. ...was told to either cancel this order or wait till its activated
1/18- called direct tv if they ca help restoring old no. Instead they cancelled the previous order and order an new one with my husband's name...order no. TKSH75FSZMUP
1/20 - cancelled order no. TKSH75FSZMUP
1/21 - talked to a Andrew & then a Juna, requesting to keep my old no. Somebody will call me the next day per Juna.
1/21 - cancelled the other phone provider but was told that it will automatically cancelled once the new carrier (AT&T) took over the old no. Was told to do it before the 24th, otherwise I will be billed for another month.
1/22 - talked to a Haya, a Mary and then a Grace and grace said she will escalate the order and will be done asap...order no. 94651149 or request no. AP852C...requested the transfer to be done before the 24th...Grace or somebody will call me the next day...nobody called me back
1/28/15. - talked to a Arlene, mentioned order no. Above and was told that she will take care of it and I am talking to the right person and she will take care of it that day...nobody called me back
2/2 - talked to a Dan and said he will take care of it and will be done within 48 hours...he's the right person to talked to and was connected to a Monica of verification...told Dan that I will cancel everything if I did not hear from him or Att and he said he understands and personally will call me...nobody called me back
2/5 - received the bill from Att for $94.73
2/6 - called billing to clarify statement...talked to William...I asked how can I cancel the account. I had it it with incompetent Att representative...he said he will handle the cancellation himself and he is sorry for the inconvenience... and I don't have yo talk with anybody cause he will handle it. I asked , are you sure and he said...yes...he gave me his id no. Wp281a
2/10 - called and talked to a Pico to complaint about the bill...he told me to disregard the current charges and wait for the final bill. I told him I refuse to pay anything for all the hassle and headaches they gave me...I asked him to chk if my account was actually cancelled and was told that it's still active...ugh! He transferred me to Kevin to make sure it's cancel...Kevin said he will take care of it and somebody will call me today...his ID no. KY892D

Very very very bad! What's so hard about my request and now they are billing me???? Please don't switch to AT&T if you don't want to have your bp up and be stressed!

Customer Rating

Yeah, I know Esurance, but does AT&T care about their customers. This morning I talked with 2 reps, neither of which listened to me. Neither repeated to me correctly what I stated to be my problem. So what's new!

Customer Rating

I moved to this area two years ago and I settled on one side of the Morse Reservoir and then moved to the next side, which is Noblesville. I had good service until some towers were upgraded and no one had dealt with the problem for over seven months. I have heard all the excuses. The fact is that if I want to use my cell or tablet (both ATT), I must drive from my residence out to route 32 to get reception. It affects my email, internet, and wireless phone service. I have encouraged everyone else who is experiencing this problem to file a complaint with the FCC. If my phone, internet service, and hot spot worked ok before why not now??? Someone had done something during the upgrade that has caused the tower not to see my wireless equipment (phone and tablet, both ATT). I am retired and single and I need a reliable service so I am shopping around so that the next job that I can replace this service after I take on work again.

Customer Rating

There are no words. Att and U verse are so far deep into the dirt, they can never come back to the ethical company they were years ago. No point in listing all the calls. All the time wasted, all the lies, mystery charges that appear out of no where that no can explain, charges that appear that are wrong that take months to get right. The lies start at the store level and continue into the the service. In August of 2014 we came and gave you 5 lines. I have a contract with you for 12 more months. The minute it's done we will be done with you, and your horrible internet. I will go back to Verizon. I am disgusted. I have been pushed to the point of frustration over and over again. You believe in one n done philosophy. You may have got me for 1contract, but you won't get me again after this ever. Ever. I wish I had the time and energy to legally pursue going after you for all the dirty things you have done since day one. I'm an American customer, I will not discuss my private business with people outside my country who can't speak English. Companies like you have our private info the hands of deceitful lying representatives that sit in call centers in the phillapines, Mexico and India. Do you think those people would think twice about selling our info on the black market? Of course not. Not like you would care

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was calling about my bill and was supposed to be transferred to billing when I got cut off. I called back and had to go thru the same routine and listen again to recordings. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the lady (Brenda) said they would call me in three to five minutes. It has now been 50 minutes and still no phone call. Why cant someone do what they say they will do? I have had problems since we switched our plans. Please contact me.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I'm upset about AT&T and their lack of service and the lies from your representatives. We purchased 2 cellphones from AT&T on 1-23-15. Was told at that time that we would put uverse in the house with a sef install. Sometime between 1-23 and 1-28 the order was cancelled for the uverse self install and we were not notified. On 1-28 I called to see where the modem was at, because we had not received it.I was told that I could not do a self install.I went back to the store and talked to Dylan, about getting the uverse taken care of.We needed to get the uverse installed prior to changing the home number to the new cell phone. We needed a little bit of consideration because I'm going through chemo and needed an early time and not waiting all day.The first appt they arranged so I canceled it, and Dylan got an appt for the next day at 9 am. The techs go to work at 9 am, or so we were told.Later I foound out that's a lie, its 8 am.

The AT&T tech came on that day,at 9:20 he did a good job putting the uverse in other that some hoe our home was disconnected.At that time I ask him how I get the cell phone working. he said we had to go to the store.They said they needed the last 4 numbers of my wifes social and I did not have it with me. I came home, got on the phone and tried to get the porting procedure started. After 6 different people, the last person finally told me they could not do the porting because the home phone was shut off. They ask me why I had them shut the land line off, and I told them that I didn't.Went back to the store to try to get the land line turned on. I was told I would have to call AT&T to get that done. Finally got someone, that set up an appt for a tech to turn the land line back on.When that tech showed up, he didn't have the correct piece of equipment to get the land line working. So he called another tech to bring the piece he needed. This 2-5-15 .

After they were here and the land line was working, I went back to the AT&T store and talked to a rep about getting the porting started. He talked to the porting dept. She put him on hold and during that time another rep called my house to see if this was a working number.They came back on the phone at the store, they said the porting process had started. We received a call from napara maddox 866-695-2360 ext 13742 .This was at 2:30 central time. She assured me the matter was being taken care of and in 24 hours we would have service and she would call me at that time. We did not receive a call, so I called that number, she was not there, said she was off this afternoon. The person I talked to said the porting had not even started. Would take untill Monday before it could be reported. I'm thoroughly upset. We go back to the store, Dylan is busy with another customer and the assistant manager came to talk to us.

I believe her last name was reed. She made a call to you, was told it had been ported and would be ready within a few minutes and we would be receiving a call. More lies, again and again. This was at 4:30 this afternoon Friday the 6th. And now it is 8:45 and guess what, no phone call. Imagine that. This is the poorest excuse for a company that I've dealt with. We told Ms Reed that if we didn't receive the call and a working number that we were told over and over, that we would bring the cell phones back to that store in the morning.

Customer Rating

Signed up the for next program in the middle of the month with when updating my phone. I was offered the u-verse phone option at that time so I signed up for that too. I had a combined billing that was due at the end of the month. AT&T did the split around the 20th. I then received a bill from ATT cellular (same billing dates) and a separate bill to pay u-verse internet and phone which I did two weeks before they were due. The following month I get a collection letter from the combined services that state I did not pay my bill. After 2-1/2 hours and getting hung up on several times and calling back I found out they were closed. I called back the next day they told me a claim will be filed and someone would call me.

After two weeks no call, I called them said it was still in process and I would get a letter by the end of the month with the resolution. I never received a call or letter I just figured it was taken care of. Another month goes by and now I am getting calls from a third party collection agency on this bill. Called AT&T back and they cannot find any records of my combined account and have no idea who to send me to. After being transferred 10 times and 45 minutes later no resolution. I got hung up on again!!! Next step will be finding an attorney.

Customer Rating

I was ready for an upgrade my daughter and I switched phones she gave me her Samsung Note 3 and she got my upgrade. She got the Samsung Mega cell phone that was on sale for $150.00. My daughter decided she did not like the Mega phone and went back to AT&T store to get another cell phone she was told she could trade the Mega for another cell phone. I notice on my cell bill that I am being charged for the cell phone she returned for $500.00 dollars. We were never told that she still had to pay for the Mega phone even if she traded it for another one. I feel that AT&T is misleading the customers, and are not upfront with the rules at the time of purchase. I have made several phone calls and I am told that I have no choice but to pay the mega phone even though it was turned in.

Customer Rating

I have a complaint about the local AT&T stores that I have been to for problems with my cell phones. The customer service is below all expectations. Whenever you walk in one of their stores they greet you very nicely but the seem not to be able to help you. Cracked screen? Go to website x. Bad battery? go to website Y. Camera does not work? Go to website W. So basically all the do is sell you service plans, once that is done you are on your own...

Customer Rating

To: President and CEO. Dear Mr. Stephenson, I have been a loyal customer to your cable, internet service for 3yrs now. I remember living in New Orleans when At@t came out with cable services, with the antenna ,before At@t left New Orleans. Now I live in Texas I had your services for 3 yrs. now and in those 3yrs. is have been nothing but problems. I would like you to look at my whole history to see all the problems I have since signing up with AT@T. I was been over charge after I was put in a promotion, I have automatic pay and because of the over charge I was been overdraft in my account, I'm disable and I live in a budget. I took 4 month of credits to my account and to get is straight. My wife and I would like to add extra channel to our services and for some reason they cannot do it because of some error that keep occurring into my account. so far it have been 2weeks since my request to add channels but they can figure out the problem. I have been in touch and put on wait in my cell phone up to 2 hours and the problem still exist. This is totally unprofessional and disgusting. customer service promised to call back and they don't. After various complaint a manager keeps calling me now to give me updates, but all I'm getting is (we still working on it). You guys are AT@T the (Nasa) of programing. Why can the fix this problem this is ridiculous and unacceptable. I have been very passion about this but not anymore. As today I'm looking to change your services to Time Wagner cable. I don't even want satellite because I find out AT@T own them. I might be only one subscriber , but is one less for you guys.

Customer Rating

I was going to wait until 1/24 to cancel AT&T home phone and internet since the home phone is paid through that time frame but I am going to call sooner, guess this weekend to cancel service . Not only has AT&T called every day for the past two weeks but now are calling two times every day, I have told them its not a got time to talk due to a death in the family and they always say NO PROBLEM , do not text and drive, So tonight after the 2nd call from the them today I told them the AT&T account holder died ( my mom three weeks ago) and I will be calling to cancel service and they say NO PROBLEM do not text while you drive I will never will have AT& T for any thing in my life No empathy and they could care less about my mom dying after 91 years of age and having having AT& T services her entire life NO AT&T for me , Its not American anymore , its a corporate money hog

Companies Like AT&T