Customer Service Rating
1.94 out of 5 Stars
Based on 619 Votes

AT&T Complaints

send your feedback directly to the corporate office

One of the largest telecommunications company in the world, AT&T brands now include Wireless, U-verse, home security, DirecTV, and home phone. Upset at AT&T? Call the complaint line and tell them now! The company does have an official contact page, but social media is probably the best way to get a response to your problem.

Tweet AT&T customer service on Twitter at @attcares or post a complaint to their Facebook page. If you would like to send a complaint to AT&T corporate headquarters, their mailing address is 208 South Akard Street, Dallas TX, 75202. There is an image of the corporate office location here.

Contact the CEO with your problem! Write a letter to the corporate office. The most popular method of contacting AT&T with a complaint is by calling them, that phone number is 800-331-0500. They follow normal business hours of operation, so call between Monday and Friday, 8am-6pm EST. You can also email the support department 24/7 at attcustomercare@att.com.

AT&T Contact Information

phone number, email address, and business hours
  • Corporate offices

A-
  • Hours of operation

9am-6pm CST

Top 619 AT&T Customer Service Reviews

Is AT&T ripping you off? File your complaint here first!

My phone has been out of service for 24 hours. I have tried to report the problem using your "extremely frustrating" automated systems. I have tried to talk to a person no less than 10 times today. None were successful. I was cut off, put on hold, told that your center is closed and now you are calling my other line(704-375-5300) every hour or so and hanging up. This is your automated system trying to determine if I still have a problem. I have tried numerous times to speak to a person and that evidently is not possible.

Several weeks ago you also unplugged my line while installing someone else 's line. It took several days to resolve. I have asked a supervisor to call at least 4 times and no one has called yet..Your customer service is the worst I have experience in some time and I have approximately 20 mailings on my desk asking me to sign up for additional services. I would appreciate someone from AT&T who cares to call me to resolve the issues....I have given up for the day.

Comment (0)

This survey is forcing me to give a one-star review however my review for AT&T and the service I have received over the last 4 hours is a -25. Chantal at the Galveston location has the worst people skills and customer service skills of anyone I've ever met in my life. My husband and I are on vacation and my phone quit working and rather than assist me I was transferred to every department within AT&T and it's warranty department as well as hung up on several times. I have been a loyal AT&T customer for several years I have also been a customer at my business but after the service that I received today I will be canceling every account that I have with AT&T.

It's no wonder that you have a 1.93 rating because after the customer service that I received today, you should be out of business. Train your staff AT&T, teach them how to learn conflict resolution, teach them how to treat your customers but most of all teach them how to fix the problem in the first place.

Comment (0)

How do I remove the 1 star? No stars or negative stars would be accurate. I live in a rural area. I had a landline with ATT for 35 years. Switched to ATT cell phones about 2.5 years ago because the ATT cell service in this area was great. Well approximately 4-6 months ago something changed. Cell service became awful. Internet sketchy. I have called Customer Service probably 20 times since February. Yes I have sat patiently on the phone with them for 1.5 -2 hours while they trouble shoot my phone, take remote access of my phone, put me on hold, consult with a supervisor, etc,etc,etc. Bought a new phone. Same problems. They suggested replacing or warranty out brand new phone. Fine.

Same problems. Sent back warranty phone and kept my NEW phone. Problems continue. Consulted with ATT store locally owned by a very good communications company. They tell me they can see a problem with the tower nearest me when they pull up their map. During my calls to ATT customer service they see nothing wrong. 2 tickets have been opened on tower. Backtrack...out of all my calls 1 rep did say she saw something wrong with tower signal leading to the 2nd ticket being opened Friday and someone would call me back in 48 hrs. Got a text this morning requesting that I call ATT at blah blah number to discuss my technical issues. I called. Basically I was told there is no problem with tower.

Tower is operating as designed. Well...there was no problem with ATT cell service until a few months ago. It was great! But SOMETHING has changed! I noticed it in February. Calls dropped but not just dropped. The phones will freeze. You can't end the call. You have to turn phone off. Internet on phones freeze. You have to turn phone off. Phone will not ring but you have a notification you have a voicemail. Not getting incoming texts. Outgoing texts aren't received. The problems are not being experienced by just me. It's a rural area. I have several family members here. I know lots of my neighbors. It's a widespread problem. We are all having the same problems.

Unfortunately like myself several people have bought new phones only to find out there was nothing wrong with our 2yr old phones. It's so ridiculous that the "Mark the Spot" ATT APP won't even connect or report until we leave this area. Then when it reports it reports some other tower where you have traveled to. It's maddening I guess because service here WAS so good. Something has changed. ATT refuses to admit anything has changed and insists there is no problem with the tower. Maybe if ATT sent a human being out to the tower someone could figure this problem out. Or maybe ATT spent all their funds acquiring DirecTV that they now can not maintain their equipment. I know ATT considers my account a drop in the bucket. But I will not call ATT again. I will spend my time researching other carriers with hopes someone else has cell coverage in my area.

Comment (0)

Was it fraud? Was it a bate and switch? I am not sure but, after being on the phone for over 3 hours yesterday, I felt like I had been in a battle and I lost big time. This is a long story, but I will keep it on the short side. I have been a customer of ATT since 2011. I moved to a new build home in November of 2015. In calling ATT to transfer my service, the residential department could not find my address and could not get me service. I called back and asked for the ATT business department (these 2 departments do not speak to one another).

They did find me and set up a business account with a special offer of $40/month with an installation fee of $99, which would be refunded to me at the end of the 6 months promotion, which I found out later, that I had to request it by a deadline, which I was not aware of. (they kept sending my mail to another address) I had to fight to get the refund, but finally got that back. At the end of the 6 months, I called ATT on 4/27/16 to be transferred to a residential account with a new offer of $30/month for 2 years. I received 2 offers in the mail for the same $30/month offer. One had a deadline of 5/13/16 and the other 5/25/16. I called on the offer with the 5/13/16 deadline on 4/27/16 and all was set with the transfer of my service from business to residential.

I new that I had a credit and at $30/month, I would not have a bill for a couple of months. I happened to check my ATT account on 6/23/2016 to see how much credit I had left and to my delight, my bill is not $30, no, it's $60.00/month and had a $12.00 amount due. I should have had a credit left of my account. After speaking with 4 representatives and being transferred multiple times, I then get a prompt that my wait time is 1 hour. ONE HOUR......I did receive a call back which was a little over one hour later. I was told at that time, they were not sure why I have a $60 bill and would see what she could do. I was told that the $30 promotion was CANCELLED, she could not tell me why, she saw that I did call, but no notes on why it was cancelled. I now have a bill of $45/month instead of $30. My credit was no longer there and due to the error I had to pay $12.00 until this gets resolved so I don't have a past due bill.

You can't offer a consumer one thing and switch it to something else w/o the consumers knowledge. This is so wrong on so many levels. Oh and I forgot, I was told that this was the ONLY thing they could offer me. After an exhausting day of being on hold, going from person to person and told that was the best she could do, I was told I should have gotten a confirmation number. So I guess this is my fault. Later that evening I am enjoying my TV show and I see an ATT commercial for the $30/month offer for 2 years.

Comment (0)

I have an e-mail address only, I changed my phone service when I moved. I cannot access my e-mail , telling me my id an password do not match. only password I ever had. I was told I had to close this e-mail before I could open another. I have no e-mail I'm screwed att. Thank you.

Comment (19)

I had a bundle of TV and internet (U-verse) with TV service contract term being until June 10 2016 and Internet service term being until February 28th 2017.My TV service was expiring on June 10th and I decided not to prolong the contract and cancel TV service, therefore I called ATT and asked them to remove TV on the last day of the contract, they did it and said I would have my internet rate increase since I didn't have a bundle anymore, which was fine for me. I asked what the increase would be and what discounts they can give.

The manager responded with 2 options: 1) I keep my existing term of internet contract until February 2017 and they give me 10$/month discount and 2) I sign for the new term from June 10th 2016 to June 10th 2017 and they give me $15/month discount. I went with 10$/month discount keeping my existing term until February 2017.What I saw today on my account (June 10th): my term was renewed until June 10th 2017 and I have a discount of $10/month... so, completely different from what I chose on the phone with ATT manager (yes, it was a manager, not associate).

Comment (6)

My friends, family and myself are receiving harassing texts from 787-679-1131, this is an AT&T number not affiliated with any of the persons recieving these texts. All involved have tried to contact the number but no one answers. Can you please shed some light on how to stop this or what to do to stop this, i would like to press charges against the owner of the number.

Comment (12)

I cancelled my AT&T service on 2/17/16. Switched to Cox. Wife did not like it so we switched back to AT&T on 3/27/16. I informed the ATT account rep we wanted the same service we had when we left a month ago. While with AT&T previously we had international calling to Canada as my wife's relatives are ill and she calls them in Canada frequently. Received our first bill and we were charged about $500 for phone calls. Called AT&T many times complaining about our bill and was told there was nothing that could be done. My wife and I are in our late 70s and have never been treated in such a rude manner. This is senior abuse. Apparently, their shareholders do not care how customers are treated. Keep this in mind when shopping for a new phone carrier.

Comment (34)

Over one month ago, i spent over 1.5 hours on the telephone with ATT employees with the simple task of transferring or porting my ATT telephone number to my ATT mobile telephone because my law office moved. I was told that the process would take only a few days. It has still not happened and i have received no update. About two weeks ago, i contracted with EFax to "port" my number from ATT, (209)521-3700 to my EFax account and signed all required paperwork. ATT is obstructing that process as well. Meanwhile, ATT has no trouble continuing to bill my ATT account number 139054948, even though zero service is being provided at the address where that account was set up, because as ATT knows. I have been vacant from that address for over one month.

Calling the "customer service" of ATT is one of the most intentionally wasteful experiences any human can ever have. "intentionally" wasteful on the part of ATT management because digital notes by ATT employees are routinely deleted and apparently, only morons, idiots and otherwise unemployed people are hired to work in ATT customer service. The number one question by customer service is "how would you like to pay your bill?". I have no bill owing when i call ATT. ATT is still riding the coat tails of when it was a monopoly; if ATT had to compete in the real world, it would quickly go out of business.

When will ATT either port my number to my cell phone or to my EFax account as i requested? I have 4 iPhones with ATT, internet and DirectV at other buildings. However, very easily, I can along with my friends and relatives can switch everything over to T-Mobile and Comcast. Is that what ATT is all about now? Demanding that your customers switch to T-Mobile and Comcast? I will wait 7 more days for ATT to straighten this out and if not, i know at least 20 current ATT accounts that will get switched to T-Mobile and/or Comcast.

ATT does not have a monopoly anymore; consumers have a choice. Do not have any of your moronic customer service people call me, they have wasted over 10 hours of my time on the phone over the last 3 years and they NEVER accomplish anything. Even you field workers have no use for your customer service employees who have pretend jobs. Time will tell what you will do about this problem; most likely nothing and then you will lose more customers. The reason why T-Mobile and Comcast are growing so fast is because of the profound corruption, dishonesty and incompetence of ATT employees and not because of anything special that T-Mobile or Comcast offer.

Comment (7)

I have been able to used as admins on this line for over 5 years the primary is Marie my wife of 10 years. so when my daughter went to your Bethlehem store some ASSHOLE named Richard refused to let me approve the new sim card. I had all the correct info, and when my wife called the woman she spoke to said i am on the account to do these things. They had my granddaughter with them who is sick and had to wait for this butt to flex his muscles. As soon as our accounts expire goodbye AT&T!

Comment (0)

U-verse Internet DSL link drops. The ratting of this service should be 0. Have been fighting this problem for 1 year. It has been so long of a problem I feel like I should have an anniversary party.

Comment (0)

I went to 3 AT&T stores to trade in my phone and tablet. Finally in Victorville they had phones and everything I needed. Although they charged me a 35$ stocking fee, I was told to call AT&T and they could possible credit the money. When I called They finally said they would and then got disconnected. When I called back they said that there was no way that could happen and they wouldn't do that and couldn't do that.

Comment (0)

I have been an ATT customer for over 20-years, not that, that means anything to them. I have had landline, cable, and now internet service with them. This has got to be the most aggravating company to do service with. It sounds like they are in a boiler room, the lady was not very helpful AT ALL. After waiting SEVERAL minutes to get someone on the phone, they still insist on charging you a $5 convenience fee to process your payment. This is ridiculous! Customer loyalty means nothing to these people!

Comment (13)

AT&T debundled my service with Directv and now they're trying to charge me to have it reconnected because they made a mistake the service personnel told me that a system malfunction happen and that's what made my service be discontinued I was under a $25 a month bundle package starting 8/30/15- 8/30/16 but att system shows it was their fault but wants me to pay bill to get service back on when they breached my contract for service I was paying as if I was still under the bundle but I wasn't so they say I responsible to pay all charges both att and Directv, for their company malfunction

Comment (10)

They cut my business phone off for no reason. I have three lines, but only one was disconnected. They could not give me a reason as to why this happened. Their mistake cost me a lot of customers, The only help they seem to have, is to put you on hold and apologize for there incompetence. The phone line has been off for over 24 hours with two no show repair appointments. They have only offered to credit me for the time my line was down on my bill. I cannot make up for lost customers and the embarrassment this has caused me personally and my business. I cannot in good conscience rate AT&T on a scale from 1-5, because they are a 0.

Comment (7)

This is my last attempt at trying to get AT&T service to our residence. We live just outside of San Antonio, Texas in a subdivision called Trailwood (at 27115 Bent Trail) - it may actually show up as a Boerne, Texas address. We have been trying to get high speed internet service for years, from AT&T, Time Warner and/or GVTC; whoever would bring us service. We presently use HughesNet which rarely works and when it does it is painfully slow. We live on a flag lot, which sets us back from the road. This is also the point where AT&T or Time-Warner would ordinarily bring us a connection - a distance of 937 LF. Right now we use Dish Network to bring us TV service.

When we first built our house in 1998, AT&T brought us a land line from the rear of our property as we butt up to an adjacent subdivision (Highlands Ranch) – just 209 ft from our house! It is also on those same overhead lines that we get our power from CPS! Since my wife and I use our cell phones pretty much exclusively, we terminated our home phone service years ago. Now it seems that AT&T will not or is unwilling to bring us a connection off our back property line!! All necessary utility easements are in place, so we do not understand why we now have this problem.

On numerous occasions we have called AT&T about providing service over the past few years - each time we had given up after being on lengthy phone calls and botched service calls. For years we heard we were simply too far from the road and a signal would not travel far enough to the house without a repeater (sorry - don't recall the jargon or all the technical reasons why), so we could never obtain service. We decided it was just going to be something we could not get answered and gave up.

However, given the increasing importance of internet service and the inconvenience of not being able to work from home in the evenings or on the weekends (since I need reliable/fast internet service), more recently my IT consultant at my business told me our situation was ridiculous and he offered to help. After weeks of calling and explaining, he first helped us schedule to have Time-Warner come out and look at bringing a connection from our front driveway (937 LF away). We actually paid many thousands of dollars nearly 10 years ago to bring power underground in conduit to the front of our property to power a private gate entry along with a separate conduit for cable.

A few weeks ago, Time-Warner came out to survey our property to better understand the installation requirements and it was during that visit my IT guy noticed that AT&T actually had fiber on the overhead lines off our rear property line!!! So, after many subsequent and lengthy calls to AT&T to explain our situation and the availability of fiber right at our back door, we were finally able to schedule to have a technician come out last week to connect us to the fiber! However, I received a call from the tech just prior to the scheduled meeting time. He was on his way and was simply confirming his service order that he was to be installing DSL service from the street! We had to go over everything all over again with him – that we had ordered fiber service. Upon hearing that he said he would need to cancel the order and reschedule after he spoke to his superiors. He added that he would call us back shortly. That was a week ago today - needless to say, no one has called us back and we are back to square one.

Given the close proximity to our rear property line (and fiber from AT&T) we see absolutely no reason why we cannot get high speed service from AT&T from the fiber line in our backyard! The other connection would need to wind its way up our drive way 937 LF to the house – it may not even be possible! But I have to say, we are at our whit’s end. Years of delay and countless hours on the phone on indefinite hold with AT&T staffers. Listening to them typing away on their computer (typing what?) while we wait for any direction – any news, any solution…maybe a site visit - anything. When finally got through to someone about 10-14 days ago after having our call forwarded 3-4 times on just one such call we thought we were going to finally resolve our situation. We explained the whole story to that person. I should add – a person that sounded as though they could make something happen. We sent them an aerial of our property with measurements. We showed them where their AT&T fiber was located. They GOT IT! They said ok – we’ll send out a technician and an installation team! So, we finally thought we were there. Then, as noted above, the technician called last minute and said he did not have orders to connect the fiber, just DSL!

Come on guys. This cannot be that difficult. We cannot be the only residence with a bit of a unique connection dilemma…one by the way that has an easy solution – coming off our rear property line. Why can’t we get service? What takes so long? Why does it appear no one can make a decision? We ae trying to get AT&T to take our money. Please hook us up and take our money? What else can we do or try to get your attention? We are very frustrated with this continuing situation. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (3)

First off, I am 40 years old and have NEVER filed a complaint against ANY company EVER!! That being said, this is why I feel it necessary to voice my complaint. I have been what you call a "valued customer" for nearly 25 years. I had a landline, internet and 4 cellular devices with AT&T. My nightmare began a couple years ago when my internet stopped working. I called AT&T and was talked into switching to U-Verse. Ok, no problem! A tech came out and installed my new internet service. I immediately realized the internet connection was extremely slow and ultimately did not work at all. I called AT&T back and they sent a tech out who said he fixed it.

I guess "fixed it" was temporary because a few days later....no service. This happened again and again for several months. I was finally told by an honest tech that the "real" U-Verse wasn't available in my area. Tech said she fixed it but again a few days later baaam...no internet service. I called again and they scheduled my appointment for the next day. The next day came and went and nobody came to my house or called. I called to find out why and was told that they accidentally scheduled me for the following day between 4-8 pm. So the next day I left work early so that I would be there in case they came at 4:00. My husband and I sat in our living room with the front door wide open patiently awaiting the tech. At 9:00 pm I called to find out why the tech hadn't showed. I was told the tech was running late and would be at my house within an hour.

I confirmed, "Your tech is going to come to my house at 10:00 at night?" The customer service rep said, "Yes." Ok, I'll continue to wait and that is what I did until about 12:30 am when I went to bed. The next day I called back to complain that nobody ever came and I was told that the notes stated that the tech came to my house, rang the door bell, knocked and called my phone and nobody answered. Uhmmmm...wrong!!! I had no missed calls or voicemails on my land line or cell phone. I called to complain and was transferred several times to "supervisors". One of the times I was transferred, they just hung up before I even spoke. Another time a "supervisor" would call me back the next day. Nope, that didn't happen. So that being the last straw, I cancelled my internet service and went with a different company. Since they were offering a deal on my landline also, I went ahead and gladly switched.

Jump to the next scene one week ago. My daughter had the iphone 5c. This was the second Iphone 5c that she has had because the first one decided to jump off the diving board into a swimming pool. I replaced the phone at my cost because it was my daughter's fault. So we get the new phone and it is crap from the beginning. Home button never worked, text messaging worked when it wanted to and a few weeks ago the screen cracked in front of our eyes from just picking the phone up. A few days after that, the phone was unusable.

I called AT&T and after being transferred from Insurance to warranty to whoever else and had to explain the story each time, I was told that they would ship us a Iphone 5s priority shipping and we would not need to use my upgrade. She did tell me that they would have to charge my account $400 but that they would credit my account $400. Not sure why but whatever...I agreed. Priority shipping would take 2-5 days. This was a Sunday so I figured it would be here by Friday. So the week went by and Friday night, still no phone. I called AT&T and was told the phone was accidentally shipped to the wrong address so they stopped shipping and had it sent back. (They sent it to my mother's address which makes ZERO sense.)

I was also told that they tried calling me to tell me that there was an issue with the shipping. Surprising...I must get no reception anytime AT&T calls me because I had no missed calls or voicemails on my cell phone or land line again!!! So I asked for them to overnight it to me since it has now been one week with my daughter having no phone. I was told they could not overnight it and the lady I spoke with last Sunday gave me false information and they would not be able to send me a phone without doing an insurance claim. See above- I already talked to Insurance!! They transferred me elsewhere!!! I finally asked if she (Amari) was going to help me and she said not without an insurance claim.

Which would take several more days and priority shipping would be 2-5 days again (if they sent it to the right address this time). I told her that I was fed up with AT&T and that I was highly considering switching to another company. The lack of care in her voice and her unwillingness to try and even attempt to fix this pushed me right out the door.

You just lost a "valued customer". The two words that you say to me every time I call. The two words that mean nothing to me based on your actions. I can tell my kids I love them every day but I have to show them that I love them for them to believe it.

Comment (13)

I sign up for a AT&T services this month, it has been the biggest nightmare. I signed for wireless tv service, while the tech was installing I noticed all the wire. The tech and I called customer service to correct the problem and it wanted him to do them a favor and change the order. He informed them that he could not do that. I have been promised by several reps that they would call me back, but to this day, they have not. The internet service is so slow, it frustrating to try and log on. It is impossible to speak to someone who speaks proper English and understand the problem.

Comment (3)

AT&T representatives offered to keep my account open when I informed them I was switching to a competitor. They did not disclose that doing so would result in a recurring $7 monthly charge. Upon receiving my first bill, I called to AT&T to dispute the charge, but AT&T refuses to remove it.

Comment (4)

I was riding my bicycle Northbound on Indian Creek Drive (Miami Beach FL, 33141). Indian Creek Drive has parallel parked cars between Harding Ave and Byron Ave . According to Florida Statute 316.2065, a bicyclist is required to stay 4 feet from parallel parked cars, therefore I know I was well within my rights. On this segment, an AT&T Vehicle (Licence Plate BQZ M14) began tailgating me, and honking his horn for 2 blocks because he wanted to turn on Byron apparently. I would like to send a complaint to HR and have this driver reprimanded for reckless driving and possibly assault with a deadly weapon!

Comment (0)

Been with AT&T for many years. I thought for many years I had a non-pub and or unlisted number and no personal info listed. I was wrong. After realizing my number was listed thru all sources, google, internet, white pages. etc. others. I tried a few years ago to resolve but still not corrected. In addition, AT&T has the worst customer service w the automated system. Just now I've been on here 12 hrs or more, waiting, hold, connections transferred to wrong deptartments. Automated system is disconnected and or connected out of the country...Asia, China, Phillipines, Puerto Rico... I know it is cost effective for the company, but not the customers. No offense...but I just cant understand the dialect most times. So so so dissatisfied. Former employee/Retiree.

Comment (4)

I was attempting to request repair in my phone due to a data usage problem! I was informed "twice" that a supervisor would call me to handle the issue! Still no contact. However I get a bill reminder "promptly" every month from the billing department.

Comment (0)

They quoted me a price to sign up for new service and lied about the price. I'm now paying ten dollars more for the exact same service than when I bundled my home phone with internet. Ihad home phone and internet with them for 50 total with taxes. now its 57$ plus taxes. The rep lied to me because i went over this with him in great detail. AT&T will not lower my rate and apologizes.

Comment (2)

Our front yard was torn up last fall while installing underground service. The repair off the lawn is unacceptable, it is rough and the seeding grass will not grow in the poor dirt quality. Other ares in the neighbor hood had been prepared for sod. Ours is on a cul-de-sac and out of site to daily traffic. I want my lawn repaired like others

Comment (0)

3/17/2016 - No phone service(landline) no internet as well. 1st appointment 3/18/16 had to cancel toward the end of the promised time as I had to leave the house. Rescheduled for 3/18/16 PM and services reestablished by 9:30PM. 3/21/16 - rental unit in same house without any service; AT&T provided them with services the same evening. However, I again had no more phone or internet services(3/21/16). Another AT&T appointment 3/22/16 (now the 4th one) made and was informed that service man the evening before had given my line to rental unit and just cut me out and left me without services. Not only that the service man on 3/21/16 refused to reestablish my line as he did not have a "ticket".

Knowing very well that he had just given my line to his customer and that I was left without services. What kind of way is this to treat a customer? Unacceptable. It took 4 appointments and a lot of waiting time to have my services reinstalled. To reimburse me for all this inconvenience and unprofessional way of handling this matter I would appreciate if you would wave my service charges for one month. Thanking you in advance.

Comment (2)

In February 2016, AT&T came to our subdivision, Kingsbridge East in Oviedo, Florida to install Uverse fiber optics. With the recent rains in March, the area excavated by AT&T had collapsed revealing a three inch hole in the sewer line resulting in raw sewage flowing through the hole onto the exposed ground. The hole is approximately 3 feet deep and 4 feet across and next to the sidewalk. On March 26 we called the repair line at 1-877-737-2478 and opened a ticket as this was an immediate concern for health and safety.

Not having any response from AT&T by March 28th we were forced to call a plumber and have repairs made that totaled $544.27.As of March 29th we still have yet to hear from AT&T. We have attempted to call to find the status of the open ticket and were given the runaround. We are long term wireless customers and are extremely disappointed wi response to an immediate health and safety matter. We expect reimbursement and to have the hole filled. AT&T equipment appears to be damaged also.

Comment (0)

Hard to write with limited time. Techs came yesterday upgrade service. Now nothing works spend3 hours on phone missed NCAA playoffs. So upset. TVs out internet out after speaking last tech over an hour lost connection and never called me back even though we confirmed call back number. He also mad me cancel the appointment I had set up for tech before he would help me so my poor experience will get worse when I need call again tomorrow. So frustrated!

Comment (0)

In March 21, 2016. I ask for update the phone service from limited service to unlimited service adding $10.00. with the representative over the phone the total amount will be $57,00 plus taxes. Today I received an e-mail showing a combination the statement with Direct TV what we never touch in our conversation. Please correct or keep two separates statement one for DTV and another for phone an internet. I wish to fix this matter as soon possible. I hope to receive an answer to my claim.

Comment (0)

in January 2016 At&t called us about changing from At&t internet to U-verse service. The Customer Service Agent explained that they was changing DSL to U-verse because they was discontinuing DSL. She explained how U-verse would speed up the internet because they was switching to fiver optics. My husband agree to the change. She stated the bill would be $62.00 plus taxes for 12 months. He asked her would their be any problems with the switch. She stated no because I'm putting in the computer. She gave him the date and time.

On January 16 2016 around 2:00 pm a young man came to my home to install the U-verse equipment. In February we receive a bill from At&t for $77.28 I pay the bill at the At&t store after paying the bill. U-verse send us a bill for $161.13 for February and March with a $9.00 late fee stating that never received the payment for February. I called the representative and explained how we received two bills for one service and your representative blame us for not looking at bill he when on to say that we will receive a check for the $77.28 by mail in for to six weeks.

I got very upset with the Supervisors Lopez ID XY92B32 he was very unprofessional. He told us he would split the payment, on March 11, 2016 we would pay $80.56 and on March 26, 2016 we would pay $80.57 this was the arrangements. Now they saying we can't get my $77.28 back no one knows where my money went to but it is showing on my At&T bill and i have my receipt. I'm paid two bills for February.

My question is where is my $77.28 and why couldn't they transfer the money from my At&t account into my U-verse account. I'm entitle to my money back. They never cancel my At&T bill now I have two for one of service. I'm hoping to hear from you soon.

Comment (0)

If I could give a negative star I would. I waited for over 3 weeks for service to be set up after a move. I was told the first time there was a problem with tje outside box and the installation guy couldn't fix it. Inwas rescheduled for another week out for the second installation guy to say the problem was never fixed. After spending 2 hours being bounced around on the phone no one could give me a straight answer or guarantee my services would be fixed. I still have no service and not one employee at att can help me or tell me the problem. This is the absolute worse service I have ever seen in my life.

Comment (0)

Grossly over billed for services. Was on phone with 3 customer service reps for over two hours, only to be told be all 3 of them that their phones and Internet were not working!!! And this is their business! One rep was located in Montego Bay, one sounded Chinese, the other sounded Indian. All said they were having too many technical issues to resolve my problem!

Comment (2)

I am the Manager of Richard's Buckhead Collision and we have been loyal customers of AT&T for along time and have had several business that had chosen AT&T. I was very disappointed and frustrated that I could not get to talk to any customer service and my calls were automatically being transferred to a collection agency. Our account is current and we do not see why I could not have the opportunity to talk to live person to understand what was going on. Attaching a bill showing our account is current. I need an immediate explanation of what is going on. If I do not receive an immediate response, will take action to report to appropriate agency.

Comment (0)

I dealt with three different employees. The problem was a difficult one, and it took two referrals and three employees to resolve it. The first employee (AT&T Mobility) gave poor help. She could not deal withn the problem and transferred me to the wrong department (billing). The employee in Billing did not have the resources to respond to my problem but found and gave me the number she had for the problem I described. She also was helpful and patient even though she had no resources for dealing with it. The number she gave me was disconnected but gave a new number to call. At that number (U-Source) the service representative gave good service, seemed to have access to the resources to deal with it, and gave me other useful information.

The situation was that I was receiving multiple calls from "the Federal Investigation Department" threatening to "go to court" with certain unspecified charges. I knew the falsity of the calls and called the number given twice to ask that they stop calling me. After repeated additional calls (six times yesterday) I verified that the incoming calls and the return call were from the same number and that it traced to AT&T Mobility. I called AT&T Mobility, described the problem and suggested they investigate. They told me they could do nothing unless the calls were coming to my cell phone. I explained the calls were coming to my land line, not my cell phone. Finally they said I should request a blocking order. I requested to be transferred to the proper department to do that.

The department I reached was the billing department. The woman I spoke to there was patient and helpful and researched the number to call. The number I called had been disconnected. I called again to make sure I had dialed right and got the same message but noted a new number, which turned out to be the number which connected to a U-Verse number where I got the blocking order and obtained other useful information.

SUMMARY: the AT&T Mobility service was neither helpful nor forwarded my call correctly. The billing department was the wrong department but patiently went over the problem and gave me the most recent information she had, which was outdated but apparently correct. The only flaw was that she didn't sem to have received information about the change. The U-Verse service was excellent.
RonaldEWalker@aol.com

Comment (0)

Still get shutdown. On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 11:45 PM I emailed my complaint directly to AT&T Customer Care at attcustomercare@att.com. I wanted to tell them about the requested AT&T wireless account change. Apparently my phone’s SIM card was disabled when I change SIM card for my son’s phone. After hours I still can not get my phone restored. Please fix it, the number is linked to a very unhappy customer.

Comment (0)

I had one of the most upsetting, disappointing, and stressful experience with an AT&T employee the last night. I had a problem where the charger connector could not connect to the port on my iPhone. I went to a female employee at the Kaneohe location (#808-236-4494) and she assessed the situation as a loss and that I would have to file a claim to get a new one. She told me to get a cheap phone from Walmart or Target until I receive my phone. I then proceeded to Target and purchased a $15 flip phone and $30 refill card. I wanted to get a second opinion, so I went back to the same AT&T today and met with one of a representative whom I fully trust. He looked at my phone and just said that there was lint in it, so he cleaned it and it worked great! He said that it was a common problem for those who put their phone in their pants pocket. He was then able to charge my phone.

So, I went back to Target to get a refund on my items, but unfortunately, they could not refund me the $30 refill card. I would still have to pay this bill on my credit card! I feel that AT&T should refund me the amount for the refill card since the purchase of these items could have been avoided. I don't understand why there was such a discrepancy between the two representatives. Is it due to lack of training? Ignorance? Incompetency? I feel that AT&T needs to remedy such unfortunate situations such as these. I have told my friends and family about this and I know this will have an impact on this company unless something is resolved. I am a loyal customer to AT&T and I want to continue having this company as my carrier. Please let me know what the solution will be. Thank you very much for your time and support regarding this matter.

Comment (0)

On 10/14/2015, I called AT&T to ask if there were any options available that would lower our wireless bill and to also ask about upgrading my iPhone 5s and my husband's iPhone 4. I was transferred to AT&T's "Retention"/"Loyalty" Dept. (I put those in quotation marks because I am not sure if the "Retention" Dept. is the same as the "Loyalty" Dept.-I don't think that some of the AT&T customer service representatives know if there is a difference either!)

When I was finally connected to the "Retention" Dept.; I spoke with a representative named "Mary Ann". Mary Ann reviewed my bill and said that she could double my data (from 3GB to 6GB) at "no extra charge." I was happy with that and she said that she would have that taken care of.

During this same conversation with Mary Ann (on10/14/2015), I asked how much it would cost for my husband and I to upgrade our existing iPhone 5s and iPhone 4 to either an iPhone 6, 6plus, 6s, or 6s plus. I specifically asked what the monthly cost was for the different GBs of each iPhone model under their NEXT plan. I also asked her how much each phone cost if bought outright.

Mary Ann informed me that if I upgraded BOTH phones, my bill would be $116.66. (She also offered two free Otterbox cases.) I reviewed the amount of my bill with the two upgrades 3 times; to ensure there was no misunderstanding when I reviewed this with my husband.

In addition, I asked Mary Ann to note my account to document what we discussed (the doubling of data from 3GB to 6GB at no additional charge, the 128GB iPhone 6s Plus pricing, two free Otterbox cases and what my bill would be if I upgraded BOTH phones). I asked her to note this discussion on my account to avoid any confusion if I called AT&T to order the iPhones or if I went to an AT&T retail store to purchase the phones.

Little did I know that this was the beginning of an ongoing and still unresolved NIGHTMARE. Since my initial call with Mary Ann on 10/14/15, I have called AT&T at least 5 times; with each call lasting anywhere between 45 minutes to a little over an hour. I have been transferred, hung up on, and have been told that there is nothing that can be done. My most recent call was yesterday, 2/29/16, which lasted 2 hours and 8 minutes.

Mary Ann failed to properly document our conversation regarding the price of the phones she quoted and what she quoted for my bill. She also failed to double my data as she had promised, which resulted in some inept person messing up my data plan, being charged for a "change" in my plan and losing rollover data.

Yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was told by AT&T Customer Service that "there is nothing more that we can do for you". And that I will need to go to an AT&T retail store to resolve these pricing and billing issues. That didn't make sense to me, but since I needed to pay my bill anyway, I went to the AT&T store in an attempt to resolve these issues. This turned out to be a waste of time. At the store, it was suggested to me that the only way to lower my bill was to lower my data plan to 2GB.

I almost lost it! I explained to them that my data plan is not the issue, since I was receiving 6GB of data for the price of 3GB due to the double your data promotion in October 2015. Rosa, the manager at my local AT&T store was just as inept and unhelpful as Customer Service! She said that this was a Customer Service issue; so I could come back when I had more time and I could contact Customer Service while I was at the store. For what?! So she could look at me while I call Customer Service?! That was ridiculous.

The Customer Service at AT&T really sucks. They lie and lead you to believe you will be receiving what you were promised; then purposely do not document you account. Which then leaves you on the hook for paying way more than you were promised, or having to decide if you want to pay a termination fee to get away from them, their shady practices, their crappy customer service and their overly inflated cost of services.

Comment (0)

I had this service for five years. I called because of I was having trouble paying the bill. I had to cut my favorite stations to get a discount. I went without channel 7 for almost a month. If I called the customer service I will not get any help.

Comment (0)

At&t Hasn't provided a reference channel line up card with numbers any time recently. I can down load a colored chart, but it lacks channel numbers. When I select movies, news channels, etc the channel names and numbers are shown, but when I hit print the same color coded chart, with no numbers is displayed.

When I try to print the pages that show all channels by plans each page must be printed separately, which will use hundreds of pages. Universe should provide a durable color folded card by service from basic through 450. In short AT&T should provide a quick reference card or come up with a way to print one. I like universe, but find feed back to the company lacking and is not to be found.

Comment (0)

I bought a Beatbox Portable Devise around three years ago. I notice it was not working so I bought it to the Apple store. I bought it from the Apple Store for around $399. My family loved the bluetooth box. It was so maddening when the Apple Store said they do not work or replace any items on the Beatbox to date.

Really AT&T, you say that to a customer who has phone service for their family and who purchases items from you on a regular basis. Apple said to go to a store that fixes Iphones or computers that works with AT&T items. I took the beatbox and they cannot work on it because they cannot get the parts. How many companies put an item in their stores that retail for $400.00 and do not have replacements for this item to be fixed after three years.

Our contract is coming up with our phones and we are very disappointed in your service for a very expensive Beatbox that cannot be looked at or fixed. Shame on your company for the consumer. I would like to have a response from your organization on this matter. Something to believe that you care about your consumer. I bought the box at the AT&T store in West Chester Ohio. I live now in Sarasota Florida. I just took it to the AT&T store in the UTC Mall, 2831 University Pky-Sarasota, FL 34243.

Comment (0)

On 1/15/16 I called Customer Service to check on Account #847-674-3342 because the phone in my husband's room in a nursing home wasn't working. I was told that 3 bills were sent and not paid. I didn't receive the bills. I found out they were sending them directly to the nursing home and they were not forwarding to me, I talked to Joshua in Customer Service and requested they make sure the address on the bill was my home address.

This month again I didn't get a bill. I talked to Antonio in Customer Service and he again changed the address. He said he woud take another billing cycle before this change would be in effect. I don't understand why it takes that long to change an address. My husband depends on this phone to contact me about any issues that come up in the nursing. It is very important that I receive this bill on time.

Comment (0)

My experiences with AT&T products is fine. i am mad that your people have sprayed expensive plants with orange paint in North Raleigh. I am not buying fiber optic use and have told you so. My computer is with Time Warner and will stay that way. You do not have the right to tear up my yard by digging. It is too hard to grow a yrad here, and I have rare and expensive plants, too.

The least you can do is contact me. If you are digging, You need to let me know so that I can remove the plants and take them to my greenhouse and replant them at a later date. I am thoroughly disgusted. As far as I am concerned, this is vandalism.

Comment (2)

I am learning disabled and choose to write over calling. Warrenton, Ga 30828 is where I live. The internet service here is beyond poor especially in the morning and evening. During the day it is fair. I see where my connections are coming from a tower in North Augusta, SC. That is ridiculous. If you cannot provide me with faster and more stable connection, i would like to discontinue my u-verse & at&t account if we cannot resolve the issue. would need a technician to come to house and do all the work for me...i cannot take instructions over phone.

I will use all resources to register this complaint and express my most unhappy experience that started when U-verse was installed. Also, you don't even have this service at all at my cabin. Thank you to the customer service person who finally helped me with this this. I know nothing is your fault, but your attention to this matter would be appreciated.

Comment (0)

I was on the phone for an hour trying to add a service to my mother's land line phone. I called the number on their website for New Hampshire customers and I was told I was calling for South East customers. In all I was told to call 5 different numbers (some of them the same ones I already called). The last time I asked to speak to a manager but was put on hold for another department. I finally hung up. Changing over to Fairpoint. Everyone I talked to (but 2 people) had accents and were very hard to understand. I have never had such a problem in my life as this.

Comment (1)

I called ATT customer service in attempt to extend my payment arrangement two days so my direct deposit could hit my account. I spoke with a woman who was more eager to end her shift than assist me. I asked to speak with a supervisor & ended up speaking to a Tia Wheeler who stated she could not help me even though I've been with ATT for sometime. It was made very clear they would rather loose a consumer than work with individuals.

I asked for the customer service representative name I spoken with earlier & was told she is no longer on the phone so I wouldn't need it & she refused to provide me with their location so that when I did "complain" it would be a bit more difficult for them to track down exactly whom I was speaking to. I am very disappointed in the treatment I have received & will be looking to move my business elsewhere. I cannot support a company who is quick to take people's money yet lacks the proper customer service skills needed. After all we are the reason any of your employees have a job.

Comment (4)

I am wondering why your employees have to lay to us. The told me and my wife when we went to the AT&T store in Moore, OK. to see about if we could get a better deal on a new contract. First they told us we would have to go to Directv because they are getting rid of uverse tv. Also your installers told us the same thing the you were finding out uverse services. Your installers said that new customers would have to have directv that they were not going to fade out uverse all together. We are about 75% satisfied with our service.

We told our neighbors that they said about uverse being fading out. But the came over and said they got a new uverse contract from the same store. They told them that they were not going to fade out uverse. Now I fill stupid that I told them anything. So five employees lied to us. So I would like for you to have your service people come out and do there work in the future and just not speak unless spoken to. Now the contract is in my wife name and not mine. I just want you to know that I do not like or need to be lied to.

Comment (0)

I`'ve had to contact AT&T customer service representatives since January about adding and having a technician out to connect internet to my services. On February 3rd I called off of work and they were scheduled from 1-3pm. No one showed but I received a text stating " they were sorry they missed me"!! I was home from work waiting.

They rescheduled for Saturday the 5th from 11-1 and at 9 am I receive a text again "sorry I missed you" ! I have been on the phone all day with one department to another just to get rescheduled again. Who makes sure these technicians are following through? Is there even communication between departments?? This is the worst service ever.

Comment (0)

I was never told I had to wait 6months to unlock my prepaid phone. I want to switch carriers but can't. So if I want more Data on my hone I have to pay $15 more if I stay with AT& T. I bought the phone and don't owe any money, I should be able to use my phone where ever I want to. We will be filing a complaint with the BBB and telling everyone we know to stay away from AT&T. Your customer service reps are not very helpful. Told us you bought your phone at Walmart they don't know anything about AT&T. Well it wasn't just them that didn't tell us your cs reps didn't either.

Comment (0)

We have contacted customer service more than 20 times now. We have been given the run around with several departments. We have been having the same trouble with land line for over a year now. The phone has a humming noise that is so bad that you can barely hear the party speaking. We have had technicians out and they have not been able to fix it. The last technician said that the underground cable to the house is bad and needs replacing. That's been over 6 months now and no one has been out to replace it. We have been paying our phone bill on time and have not missed a payment. We really feel that we are getting taken advantage of and being charged for a service that cannot be used. We have bundled with our cell phones.

Comment (0)

01/25/16 Made a credit card payment over the phone to pay off the balance of an installment plan for a phone purchase. 01/25/16 ATT misapplied the payment to the phone bill in general rather than the installment plan. Made several phone calls to several different departments to get this matter corrected. The best ATT can do is refund the payment to the credit card. 01/25/16 ATT refunded the payment back to the credit card. 01/26/16 Made a second attempt to pay off the installment plan with a credit card over the phone. Was careful to explain the problems from the previous day to insure this would not happen again.

01/26/16 ATT misapplied the payment again to the phone bill in general rather than the installment plan. 01/27/16 Am now on the phone with ATT for over 2 hours and 22 minutes to have yet another refund of credit card charges and will now have to pay a 3rd time to try and get this installment plan paid off. No words can express the incompetence of a company that can not take a payment and apply it correctly.

Comment (0)

My name is Nicole and I have been a customer of AT&T for about 10 years now, I currently have four devices on my plan which I am paying for by myself and my bill is well over $200 a month (not the problem). My problem is with one of my devices, It loses service, drops calls, gets call interference and the battery is poor. I called customer service and they did a trouble shooting session with no result and the phone was under warranty so they were able to send me a refurbished phone without issue.

I received the refurbished phone and all was well for awhile but then the same issue started happening again so again I call customer service get the trouble shooting run around of course it didn't help and this time it is out of warranty however, I have insurance on it and I can send it back yet again but this time with a 200$ deductible. My contract for this particular device is not up until June of 2017 and if I wanted to upgrade to a different phone I would have to pay 389$ to get myself out of that contract and in to a different one. The thing is I refuse to pay $200 to send it back to Asurion (spelling?) only to get the same phone yet again and probably have the same issues with, and I do not feel that I should have to pay almost $400 on a defective phone. customer service was rude, unhelpful and transferred me to 3 different departments with no help.

I have recommended them to friends and co-workers since I've always had great luck with them, but I think it's a complete breech of contract for them to make me get the same phone I am unsatisfied with or pay such a high amount to get a device that works. All I am asking for is to upgrade this phone that does not work, that I have gone through all the motions with without having to pay the remaining $389 . It's not like the user just got sick of the phone, it legitimately is defective.

I would rather pay for a NEW upgrade on a different phone that will work. I would like to mention also that the other 3 users on my account have no trouble with their phones, they are all different brands, and we all use our phones in the same places so it's not like this user is going out a coverage area. Please help, I am fed up and I feel its immoral and quite frankly illegal to continue to charge someone for something that doesn't work and or make them pay to get the same device that they are unhappy with

Comment (1)