Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by marco starac
Jan 24, 2015 - Mountain View, CA
Horrible

Att has been nothing but a severe let down and depressing choice of wireless carrier. Service sucks. Garbage. Utter crap. If you like customer service I would recommend you go anywhere else BUT Att.

Have you had problems with AT&T?

Compare AT&T to Similar Cell Phones more...

Top 519 Reviews about AT&T

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a AT&T customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

First of all, I deal with your AT&T customer service every month. It seems as though your department lacks accountability. Every month my bills are messed up. But recently, I got an email telling me my bill was due- this was in April of $128.15. I made the payment right away. To be exact, my bank paid it on 5/5/2015.

I have been getting threatening emails from AT&T saying my bill is past due, and my services will be discontinued. I spoke to a supervisor yesterday, she informed me this is a past due bill, I said my bill has been paid as soon as I receive them, I explained to her I don't know about any pass due bill. I made the payment yesterday which was a holiday, and you should receive it very soon. I spoke to Emerly Carlson this morning, she was very nasty, telling me if they don't receive the money soon my service will be cancelled.

I can't believe I've been with AT&T for years and now I am treated like a dog. What can be done to fix this issue? I am seriously thinking about going with another company! I also mentioned to your supervisor and Emerly this morning, if I never got a pass due bill, how am I suppose to know there is a past due balance?!?! I am so upset that I don't know if I'll use AT&T ever again!

Horrible

I am a proud customer of AT&T since 2012. Recently, I had a horrible experience at one of your stores which is located at 8471 Beverly BLVD, #101, Los Angeles, CA, 90048.

I had a problem with my iPhone 6 on Sunday, May 25th, 2015. Since I have two iPhones I had to sell one of them and it had to be unlocked because I wanted to give it to my mom who uses Verizon carrier. At the entrance a lady, without introducing herself, she asked me what I needed, I explained to her the situation about the phone. Her answer was that I had to go to the Apple store since they are the ones who are locking phones for AT&T. I thought her answer was strange, but I felt like she just wanted to kick me out from her store so I had to leave.

When visited the Apple store, the IT technician told me that AT&T are the ones who lock the phones and that I have to back to them. So I went back to the same AT&T location. As soon as I got there, I came up to that same lady and asked for a manager. She assigned me to a lady named Jennifer, who was on lunch and whom I had to wait for an hour. I waited for so long because for some reason my name on the screen appeared as the 4th person in line, even though I was the first person in line. So my guess is that the lady who assigned me put me 4th in line on purpose.

Finally, an hour passed, I almost fainted since I am 5 months pregnant, Jennifer came up to me. I explained to her the situation and she says that all I have to do is go on the website and the company would be able to release it for me. A simple answer gave me so much trouble, for just this one sentence I had to go to AT&T store, than apple store, look for parking, pay for parking, I was late to work, I almost fainted and at the end the manager of the store did not even say that she was the manager of the store.

When I was sitting down REGINA CERVANTEZ (manager) was passing by and laughing at me, she put me 4th in the line. I waited for an hour. The whole process of finding out an answer to a simple question took me around 3.5 hours.

REGINA CERVANTEZ the manager at 8471 Beverly BLVD, #101, Los Angeles, CA, 90048 brought me a lot of trouble and she treated me with disrespect by laughing and treating me like I do not exist. I cannot believe that this person represents your company and she treats people with such a disrespect.

I wasted my time, gas and money, just because of this one person, an AT&T manager (representative). She could not answer a simple question for me and made me really up set. I tried asking her for the employee ID but she never gave it to me.

Horrible

I signed up for a promotion bundle of $89.99 of internet, wireless, phone, and direct TV with AT&T. Then I get a separate bill from direct tv and separate bill from AT&T which is 4x the promotional offer. I've been having difficulty trying to resolve the discrepancy, along the way I discovered they have my address without the unit # so I gave them my complete address.

Then I get another installation schedule, I called them and they said they'll cancel the duplicate account. I was sent around to different departments and my head is spinning in confusion about where to describe the problem. Now I'm getting threatening letters because I refused to pay my bill until it is corrected to the promotional amount. I'm stack how to proceed further, every time I call it takes over an hour and I have to hang up because I'm at work and they're only open during work hours. I want the promotional charge billed correctly before I pay my bill.

Horrible

I had previously spoken to the company about taking my money for my bill and set up automatic payments for my funds to be deducted on the 15th of each month when I get paid. AT&T took the money from my account earlier than the 15th which caused me to have an overdraft fee of 30$ and left my acct in the negative.

I spoke with a female customer service rep and she was rude and disrespectful. I then asked to speak to her supervisor, whom it took 30-40 minutes to get on the phone. I explained to her the situation and she also was rude and disrespectful and did nothing to resolve the matter.

AT&T gave me the worst customer service ever and I am currently searching for a new service provider.

Horrible

This complaint starts from date 10/2014. I had decide to upgrade my phone. The phone I had upgraded to is a (ASUS PADPHONE). Since I had this phone I had return this phone 4 times due to different issues. Now they want to charge me $499.00 for property damage. The complaint starts with everytime go back to the AT&T store in Morrow Gerogia. They work on every phone that I brought back to the store, however, they never put the chief complaint in my file.

Since I had this phone I never had a chance to enjoy this phone. I have been a dedicated customer since 2003, never had a complaint, everything in my home is AT&T. I have my alarm system, my wireless home phone, cellphones and my internet with AT&T. Every phone they sent out I'm sure is refurbish. I never seem to keep this phone charge. I had lost so much information and personal pictures. Just fed up with this phone and they want to charge me $499.00 when every technician in AT&T worked on every phone I had, trying to move information to the next phone ASUS or AT&T send back to me.

Good

We are being charged for gibyte overage due to our WiFi signals not working in our home. We have been complaining about issues with the services going in and out all the time. We have a Netgear connection and have been told by the AT&T Techs that this is not their equipment. Every so often they come out to work on issues we have, but it only last a short period of time. I also have an issue with them allowing one of my sons to have access to add a tablet to my account without my permission and I have to pay for it.

Poor

I have 2 cheap cell phones that haven't worked since I got them. I have now spent 2 afternoons on the phone with them several hours 10-12 people I have tried to make understand that all I want is a new phone that works. They have told me that I cant do that, I can get a new phone but I still have to pay for the bad phones that don't work for another year. My husbands health is bad and he almost died because he couldn't call me from the bathroom floor to the bedroom on these bad phones. I cannot afford to pay for a new phone and 2 that don't usually work. These people cannot possibly be this stupid they are just trying to get more money out of us. I have given up and will go to Wal mart to buy another phone but I will make sure that everyone around here knows about at&t.

Bad

WHEN I WENT TO RENEW MY COMTRACT I HAD ONE OF THE WORST EXPERENCES I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH IN MY 61 YEARS. I went to the local store explaining that I wanted to renew 4 of my 6 contracts as the were expiring in under two months... was told I could do this BUT I could save money doing the NEXT program RIGHT!!! I did not fully understand this program I and tried to explain this to the sales man but of course he just kept saying this was better . I ended up getting 1 blackberry which will cost me over $499.99 @ 15.00 a month over 30 months (that's almost 3 years ) more than it would have on a 2 year contract with the phone costing .99, 2 other phones for 199.99 at $8.99 over 24 months this does not include the monthly charge and taxes on each phone.

Not only is it costing me more but I received a different phone than I wanted. They gave me a TO-GO PHONE.. I told them that I do not text or want a smart phone but a simple flip phone with a camera as I have problems hanging on to a phone with arthritis and drop my phone. The one they gave me I just found out has not camera!! This phone cost me $5.00 a month for over 18 months RIP OFF RIGHT I tried to return it with in 5 days informed it would cost $40.00 restocking fee and I then I would be charged this and have no phone. Now I have a phone without camera and a phone with a small screen small numbers. Of course calling AT&T does not help because the 15 day grace has now expired ( nice rule right) I wish we had a different cell phone company besides AT&T or Verizon out here in South Dakota.

Bad

I have been dealing with AT&T for months trying to get a credit on my company's DSL line and it has yet to appear on my bill. We are now moving (to a place with better internet service) and have transferred the service to the landlord and they are charging me a $120 early termination fee. They have the worst customer service policies and it seems no one can issue a credit the same day on the account. They are operating in the dark ages!

Horrible

AT&T has the worst customer service and no respect for their customers whatsoever! I put my account on vacation status after finding out that I would have to pay to cancel my account. Well, today, I found out my account was never put on vacation status and I received a $200 bill for cable and internet I haven't even used! I disconnected everything the day I put it on vacation status and put it in a box.

Today I get a sorry apology and the offer of a $50 credit! Are you kidding me!?? I'm not paying for something that was never supposed to be there in the first place! This is definitely fraudulent and completly outrageous!

Horrible

I am locked out of my AT&T online account leaving me unable to view and pay bills. I am the primary Account Holder on my wireless account and do not receive paper bills. I got a phone for a friend and she has changed numbers and left town. I do not know the new number and I do not remember my passcode.

The customer service rep told me that since I do not remember my passcode I have to go the AT&T store with valid ID and they would help me reset the online account so I can pay my bill. The AT&T store told me they could not help me because I did not have new phone number listed on my account and do not have a passcode.

I, again, called customer service and they, again, were no help and told me to go back to the AT&T store. Again the AT&T store wouldn't help me because I don't have a passcode. I want someone to send a paper bill to my address but said I need a passcode to do this. I want to pay my bill but I don't have a passcode.

I give up!! This is stupid! I have a valid I.D and can answer all the security questions on my account but can't get a bill sent to my house or pay my bill because I can't remember my passcode. You would think they would not want to give me the run-around since I'm giving them money!

Horrible

I spoke with Omar on 4/15/15 and asked him about a regular home line service. Let him know I need it for work purposes and my past issue with AT&T. They don't come in to make sure the phone lines are working. He stated they have had problems in the past with that and they will come inside to make sure it works. He said will have a deposit of $50. I was hesitant because of past issues with AT&T. He said I will get my money back if they don't. Well, they didn't and I didn't get the money back!!!!

Horrible

Worst service of my life. First I went to three places to get a data cable and was told they don't have that size. att has made it so you have to call them to service so they can charge you for service . I Was without phone service TV service and computer service for 2 days was told it would be repaired at no charge by agent. second I scheduled an appointed between one and four on Friday and at four got a message they were running behind but that it would still be repaired and waited til 9 pm for someone not even a courteous call to say they wouldn't be out. I called and was very upset that my time had been wasted and got hung up by a agent. supervisor and a manager. Sunday I call to have someone come out to fix the problem on Monday.

Monday they show up fix the phone computer and one TV. The other TV would not pick up a signal and was told It was the box the Thech said his manger said he could not just swap the box that was need was not on my plan that I would have to update. So I did he left with out hooking the box up . Said he would come back today to hook it up. and I said if you can't make it give me a courteous call and he said he would. This Morning he never showed up I called left a message on cell phone no reply so I called the Supervisor and was told that he would be there between 4 and 8 pm no one showed up got a call at 8:20 that I would have to reschedule. Worse service of my life. I am a senior I was without a phone or TV or Computer for 3 days what if my cell phone got broke and I fell and hurt myself.

It would be on your head. Dangerous as a matter of fact. I plan on calling the Corprate Office in the Morning about the poor service.

Bad

My phone system has been down now for 2 days, I have called on several times to get someone to come out and fix the phone.They said that they fix the main box so my phone should work,but it didn't so I set up another appointment with a no show. I was told that some jump my fence from att&t to look at the phone line but to no avail.I am really upset with your service to fix my phone.I need my phone fix asap and adjustment to my bill for no phone service for 2 day and damage to my gate where your people enter without my OK.PS everything was working until my tv box had problem. Your service man ID is GR1799 and LKH60H.

Bad

When I ordered my phone service on April 26,2015, I ask for a regular LAND LINE, but the the order the tech had when he arrived was for a Uverse service. This is not what I ordered. He tried to get the order changed, but was not able to get it done.

So he installed a Uverse line and told me somebody would be out in a day or two to rework the hook up. A friend came by and told me my phone was not working. I checked it out and found it was not working, because the number had been changed. I had requested to keep my old number. I called customer service to complain and they told me I could keep my old number.

While I was talking with them we got cut off and my phone went to constant busy signal. I was also told it would be in service by tonight (May 5,2015) by 8 P.M. No one ever showed up to day. I have medical health problems and the phone is need badly. Can you get this fixed for me ??????

Horrible

Every time I receive service, whether phone support or a house call, they always follow up w/ automated calls. I told them many years ago (at least five) that I do not want to be called, ever. The automated calls come two hours apart, between three and four times a day, for the next three days.

Nobody leaves a message and they hang up when I don't answer the phone. Every time I complain, they tell me it takes thirty days for my name to be added to the list, Yet, I told them years ago not to call. It still persists. Since I can't write to them and I can't make it stop, I am filing a complaint with the FCC.

Great

I've used AT&T in the past. I'd like AT&T UVERSE to my apartment area. It's all over OWASSO OK just not at this new complex.

The apartment complex refers everyone to Cox Cable. I asked AT&T and they really couldn't answer why it wasn't available to this area.

Cox is running unopposed and the service is terrible.

Horrible

I have been with AT&T for nearly 30 years. I have a home phone, I-pad and until recently a go-phone. Two weeks ago, I was trying to determine if I wanted to change my go-phone for a smart phone and monthly plan, so I talked to a rep on the phone about what options I had. The rep convinced me to start a 1GB monthly plan, but misinformed me about the price. She assured me that the plan was only $45/month.

I asked her at least three times if she was sure the plan was only $45/month and she guaranteed me that was the price. I even asked her at one point if there would be other fees and such that would run the price up to $70. She said no, that with tax and fees the plan would be right at $50/month. This was a major reason I went ahead and ordered the plan.

A few days after receiving my phone and starting the plan, I received a plan statement that told me that the plan would be $65/month and with taxes and fees would run about $70/month. I am not satisfied at all, and in fact, tried to discuss this incident on the phone with another rep. After being transferred several times, I was cut off! At this point I'm debating whether to Change to another phone company.

Horrible

We have been phone and Internet customers for awhile. We found out AT&T now has Uverse service available in our neighborhood. We decided to order the TV service. We were scheduled to have the TV service installed on 4/27/15 between 9-11am. No one showed up.

We received a text saying the installer was running late. We received a second text and confirmed we still wanted the install. The installer called about 2:45 pm and said he would arrive within the half hour. He never showed up. We called AT&T about 4 times that evening but no one returned our calls to tell us what happened even though they all said they would look into the problem and get back to us.

We finally called AT&T Thursday, 4-30-15 and said we decided we did not want the TV service. We also said we wanted to ensure we would still have phone and Internet service. We were assured that service would remain. On Friday, 5-1-15, we discovered our phone and Internet service had been disconnected. We were gone and when we returned to our home, we could see we had 2 phone messages, but could not retrieve them because the phone was disconnected.

We had a medical issue and we're waiting for results from the VA concerning a CT scan. The VA is a large medical facility and I an unable to discover what the message was. Additionally, I just started a new internet site and have been without Internet service. We continued to call and finally on Friday, 5-1-15 were promised our service would be reinstated today, 5-4-15. No one showed up this morning.

Moreover, we were told we would be able to retrieve the phone messages. It is now 5:25 pm and a technician is here. However, he said there are only two lines running to our home and he needs 4 lines. He has called for someone to come out, but I would bet this does not get reconnected today.

I don't understand how you can disconnect my service remotely, but cannot reinstate it the same way. Nor can I understand why everything worked fine last week, but now we need extra lines to get the phone and Internet to work. I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau since we have medical conditions that require we have a land line and since our business has been impacted since we lack access to the Internet.

Please contact me on my cell phone if you require further explanation. You should find all of my complaints on file.

Horrible

Ever since I have been with AT&T I never know what my bill is going to be. It has ranged from $27 to over $200 a month. I am supposed to have basic phone for about $16 and high speed internet special for $19.95. I was told my bill would be $36.44 per month.

After I kept calling someone decided to lower my internet speed to as slow as it would go. After calling I got someone who told me I should have the high speed internet for $19.95, so she set it back. Then I get a letter on May 4, 2015 that said my high speed would be $34.00. My total bill was only to be $36.44.

Does anyone know what they are doing at AT&T?? Each time you call customer service you get a different price for Phone and internet. I got this special deal back in November 2014 for one year, but have never got the special price I was quoted. I'm sorry I don't have another choice at this time, but when I do I will leave it with AT&T.

Contact the AT&T Complaint Department