AT&T Complaints Continued... (Page 8)

859+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call AT&T corporate: 1 (800) 331-0500

To Whom it may concern, I have been an AT&T Customer for nearly 30 years. A while back I received an email from AT&T suggesting I upgrade and extend my contract for two years as I normally have done for years...I did extensive research for two months to find a phone I would like and that would perform similarly to the Palm Pre Plus that I have been using for sometime. This phone has been a perfect device for my business and personal affairs. I finally decided on the Samsung Captivate Glide and ordered through 'MY ATT' online.

I signed up and did all the necessary agreement and service contract with specific plans, etc. Once my phone arrived in mail I began to follow instructions to transfer contacts and activate new phone until I realized that there was no instruction to transfer contacts other than 'one at a time' ( I had hundreds). At this point I called AT&T tech support and got an operator that seemed as though he was reading the same thing I had on my screen and I waited for him some twenty minutes to figure out what I figured out in five minutes myself. He advised me to go into the closest AT&T store location and that they would have to do this there.

This is where my big problems began. Once at this store I was greeted by the store manager and she motioned to an employee 'Jarel' (sp?) and said 'contact transfer' or something like that. For the next two hours I was in this store as and a guy named 'Garrett' (who chimed in to contribute his own particular style of discouragement) attempted to simply transfer my telephone contacts from my old device onto my new device. She was using a converter machine with different cables and then she would walk away and let Jarel work on it for a while...nobody really handling this with a solution but rather giving me various explanations or excuses as I heard them.

I could not and still cannot see why this would be such a mystery for a company that is marketing these phones, selling these phones, creating comparative views online and service, data and text plans...every imaginable phone combination (including mine!)of instructions to transfer contacts, etc. I would imagine that there would be some IT protocol for this type of situation as Palm Pre Plus is not exactly that antiquated of a phone.

I realized it was time for me to upgrade (even though this Palm is a fantastic device and works very efficiently doing things that some smart phones still do not do) and of course that is why I did! Stuck here in this Pasadena/ Colorado Blvd AT&T store I realized and knew ultimately that someone, somewhere would be able to handle this but that I was in the wrong place and/or at the wrong time. Eventually I was convinced by everyone that it was my fault for having such an unusual phone and that they had never experienced such a situation?!?

I know from reading that there are many thousands of customers with AT&T that use the Palm Pre and have or will need to have their contacts transferred at some point if they wish to upgrade...spend money on new phone and extend contract for two years like I did... once again. So, why did they give me this totally callous, irresponsible treatment and turning the whole situation around as if I was asking for too much and treating me as some sort of difficult customer? I really was not sure. It was a bit baffling to me. Normally when this type dynamic happens it is when someone is trying to take advantage and redirect away from a particular honest responsibility. I fell for it I guess ... after all they said... they tried for all that time and made a suggestions that I owed them the consideration for this. OK fair enough.

I was convinced ultimately this Saturday evening by Jarel that I would be able to take my old phone home and connect it to my desktop and sync all my telephone numbers. He said that night my sim card was empty and that my contacts were on my phone. I thought that was strange. She seemed exquisite at making herself scarce at opportune moments. I shook hands with Jarel, thanked him and left the store and headed home to set out on the task of transferring all my contacts...at this point was beginning to worry me. I had many years of accumulated telephone numbers of all my customers, family members, employees, friends, local vendors and business that I use daily.

Once home I discovered that all of my telephone numbers were gone. It wasn't long before I realized that the numbers must have been on the SIM card. The contacts that everyone at the store kept pointing out and had me go home with were only the synced contacts from my desktop already on my phone, most of which were only email adddresses. All my phone numbers had been erased. If they were aware of this then that would explain the strange behavior. If they were unaware then perhaps there would be a way to recover them. I was very concerned.

I could not imagine that they would not know they had erased my SIM card. It was too late, the store was closed when I called. I returned today (Sunday February 19, 2012). Having decided I was going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt I went in with an open mind and was only concerned with finding out if there was some way to recover these numbers as the alternative will be a long process of recovering them...and some I may not be able to get at all. In my reality I have to work come monday morning and this is going to create havoc. Having my own business is not having the dubious luxury of excuses, muddled smokescreens and discouragement while collecting a paycheck.

Almost as soon as I approached and her body language and manner in which she reacted was very telling that I was not going to get any help with this problem (as a reminder; a problem which occurred as a direct result of paying for goods and services, agreeing to a contract and following direction by AT&T personell to then thouroughly being abandoned in the lurch once things went awry) I still gave her the benefit of the doubt. I asked her if she could please relate to what I was experiencing and that it was my understanding that this whole transaction was marketed to me as a seamless transaction and now I am left hanging and having to deal with a mangaer taking this 'personal' as if it was about her.

I was appalled how much personal attention she seemed to be demanding and how unproffessional and irrespponsible this whole ordeal was. How did I get stuck in this situation? I got no resolve. Spent nearly an hour at the store arguing and of course Mr. Garrett was again pitching in his two cents only insofar as to offer more discouragement (help get me out of there) but no responsible 'take care of business' person could I find.

Except for the security guard, he seemed level headed and a straight shooter. really wished I could have done my business with him. I did notice that 'Jarel' was there in the store and the minute I walked in he disappeared in the back and when I asked for him said he was gone for the day. Another weird thing.

I left with the problem. I was hoping to find some efficient technical person that could perhaps convey what exactly had happened, maybe move forward with this whole thing in a responsible, productive way but instead I felt like I was dealing with a group of teenagers unable to confront problems and solve them without being sneaky and dishonest. All in all, as a paying loyal customer I was hoping to leave feeling a little better and confident about something through all this. Instead, I was distraught and angry.

I will proceed to see if I can hire a private technical person to look into this and If all else fails (and hopefully not) I will do the more inconvenient thing and return my phone, ask AT&T to cancel my contract on account of this breach and remain month to month as I was and keep my options open. Maybe this is a sign for a turning point for me to consider another carrier after all these years? I don't know. All the folks at this store seemed as if they would be perfectly ok with that. Probably nobody would care. I must get back to my life and my work now, this is a costly and time consuming issue!

My dad, my sister and myself decided to get my mom an iPad for Christmas. But first I called AT&T to make sure mom would be able to get service where she was. The lady I talked to was very nice telling me there was no problem in doing this, that was November 19,2012. She did tell me that in order to not be charged until when we needed it to call closer to Christmas. We called on December 19,2012 and talked to a Natalie who said there were no ports available in that area but she would put in a request for one.

She said to call back that Saturday. I did and was on the phone for 4 hours getting the run around everywhere. No one knew anything but were too busy to help and wanting to send me to someone else to bother. Even places like wireless service. Why send me to wireless phone service for DSL? Also, sent me to tech support with a person who I couldn't even understand but wanted me to tell him the # on the iPad! Why?

All I needed was to know when they would have Internet service for my mom in her area! Plus, and this is kinda funny, a lady asked me, while I was waiting for them to check on moms DSL, if I wanted mom to have her bills sent to her compute r so she could look up her information!! Can you believe that? I said NO, as I am trying to get her Internet service with you!! She said, oh, that's right...where does AT&T get these people??

I finally get off after feeling like I could scream! I go online to check at my house for mom and notice that they have her in the system for her phone # as trying to get Internet service. I call back after Christmas December 28,2012 and after talking to another lady that doesn't /can't help me she tells a man in the area /room with her who my sister, mom, dad and myself have the feeling doesn't want to talk to us.

He comes on all sighing and frustrated and tells me the best thing to do is go online at my house and sign her up with her address. So I go home and try to find it but only see where mom is in system and a date of January3,2013 as date for Internet to be processed. I call back that day and am on phone for almost 3 hours with same bunch of crap as before...switching me everywhere but where I need to go.

Plus, after demanding someone higher up I get a supervisor who is so rude that after asking what he can do for me puts me on hold while I explain. then after I finish I say hello! 3 times before he comes back on, I heard a click, and says while I was talking he was pulling some information. How rude! Then he says that if I can hold on a few more minutes he will try something...then it rings me over to tech support where I was at the beginning of the morning. This man says sorry but after all this there isn't anything you can do...

I can say this though, if I ever find a company that is even half as big as AT&T I WILL be seeing about going with them. My sister has already changed everything including their business because of all the trouble they had with AT&T and my husband thinks we need to too...if AT &T doesn't get their act together they won't be the largest anything!! people can only take so much before they look elsewhere...this has been an eye opener for me...

I've spent countless hours on the phone with nothing to show for it except my blood pressure spiking. My mom has an iPad that she can only play games on and my dad, sister And myself are out of $500, a gift mom has been waiting for that she can't use until someone in her area dies! I asked ATT about another port but nothing...my sister and her husband are looking into something, maybe they will have better luck with another company!!

First, a little background. I initially signed up for U-verse in July 2009, when it was first offered at my apartment complex. I love technology and I am the one people usually turn to for tech advice. I have recommended AT&T U-verse without reservation to anyone who asks my advice. I tell them that if U-verse is available in their area, it's the best TV/internet service available so it is a no-brainer as to who they should use as their service provider. Several of my recommendations have resulted in U-verse gaining more customers. I'm not telling you this because I expect something in return.

I have never even taken advantage of the referral bonus because I don't want people to think that is the reason I am recommending U-verse. I really appreciate a company that values their customers and does everything in their power to ensure that they offer the best products and services to consumers.

I tell you all of this to now give you a recap of the most recent interaction I had with U-verse support. I have had problems with service in the past, but have always had them resolved by AT&T's courteous and responsive customer service team. I had an issue when transferring service when I moved to a different apartment in the same apartment complex. This issue was handled promptly and with minimum service disruption. I have been completely satisfied with AT&T U-verse until now. Following is a timeline recap of the steps I took to have my service restored.

10/11/2011 - 6:00 A.M.
Woke up to find that my RG was unresponsive and could not get a signal. TV and internet services were completely down.

10/11/2011 - 6:30 P.M. - Time of call: 55 minutes
When I got home from work, my service was still down. I called U-verse support and the tech walked me through the troubleshooting steps. She eventually suggested replacing my RG with a new RG, which would arrive Thursday, 10/13/2011. I'm not an expert on AT&T's system, but I had doubts that the RG was the problem. I asked her to send out a tech to troubleshoot the problem, but she said that there would be a $149 charge to dispatch a tech without first trying to replace the RG. I conceded and asked her to ship me a new RG.

10/13/2011 - 8:00 P.M. - Time of call: 1 hour 25 minutes
I received the new RG and followed the steps to get it running as soon as I got home from work. The new RG was producing the same symptoms as the previous RG, confirming my suspicions that the RG was not the problem. I called U-verse support and the tech walked me through the same troubleshooting steps as the previous tech. She concluded that the RG was the problem and offered to ship out a replacement. I told her that the RG I was currently using was a replacement that I had just received today and told her my suspicions of it being a deeper problem, due to the new RG producing the same results as the previous RG.

I asked for a tech to be dispatched and she told me that there would be a $149 charge to dispatch a tech. I asked to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor agreed with me that there was a deeper issue and believed the RG to be functioning properly. She tried to transfer me to Tier 2 Support, but there was a problem reaching them. She then said that she was going to go ahead and have a tech dispatched to troubleshoot the problem. She scheduled a tech to come out on Friday, 10/14/2011, between 4:00 P.M. and 9:00 P.M.

10/14/2011 - 3:18 P.M. - Time of call: 4 minutes / 3 minutes
The service tech called me and told me that he was in route to my apartment and that he should arrive in 5-10 minutes. I told him that I was still at work and would leave immediately to meet him at my apartment. He said that he would go ahead and check the outside lines. My commute is usually around 30 minutes, but got stuck in traffic on the way home. The tech called again at 4:15 to let me know that he had checked the outside lines, and that he believed my inside lines were ok due to the fact that he could "see" my RG from outside the apartment. I told him that I would be home in 10 minutes and he said that he could not wait on me. He also stated that he was not qualified to troubleshoot the outside lines and that he would put in a call for an "outside line" technician to come out and check the outside lines.

10/15/2011 - 10:15 A.M. - Time of call: 36 minutes
I have yet to receive a call from AT&T, nor have I noticed an AT&T technician on site servicing anything. I called U-verse support again only to find out that the only thing that the technician had reported was that I was not available to let him in the apartment to check the lines. There was no record of the tech requesting another tech to check the outside lines. The customer supprot tech offered to set up another appointment for Sunday from 4:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. I told her that I had dinner plans during that time and that I would not be home. I asked her if a tech was available to come out today and she said that there were no open appointments.

On a side note, I had planned to have several of my family and friends over to my apartment to watch football, which I had to cancel due to not having TV service. I told her that I wished to cancel my service and she immediately transferred me to someone else. I told the second representative the whole story and told him that it looked like my only option was to cancel service. I told him that I still love U-verse and hated to cancel my service, but that this series of events was unacceptable. He agreed with me and told me that he would help me cancel my service, or that if I was willing to try, he would get this issue resolved.

He placed me on hold for about 5 minutes and then the phone started ringing. Someone from Tier 2 support answered and was unaware of my current situation. She said that my call must have been dropped and transferred to her somehow. I gave her a rundown of how I reached her and she offered to help. She told me that there was an opening for today from 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. and that she was not sure why the previous tech stated that all of the appointments for today were taken. She scheduled a tech to come troubleshoot the issue.

10/15/2011 - 3:45 P.M.
The service tech arrived and I told him the story of what was happening. He checked the line that plugs into the RG and could not get a signal. He checked the line in the wall where it enters the apartment and could not find a signal there either. He put in a ticket to have a tech come check the outside lines. He told me that the tech would call me and give me an update on what he finds and let me know when to expect my service to be restored.

10/15/2011 - 10:30 P.M.
I contact U-verse support to check on the status of my service outage. The representative advised me that the tech was currently working on the problem and that someone from AT&T would contact me once the issue has been resolved. He told me that service could be restored tonight, or if not tonight, first thing in the morning.

10/16/2011 - 9:45 A.M.
A tech showed up and said that he had checked the outside lines and that everything appeared to be working properly. He asked to come in to check the other lines. He checked the same lines that the tech checked the previous day and determined that the problem was either the wall jack or the cord running from the jack to the RG. He replaced the jack and ran a regular phone line to the RG. The RG finally connected and service was restored.

I have several issues with the way this process was handled. My main problem with this encounter was the lack of urgency on solving this issue. U-verse at one time had excellent customer service. What happened? I will be moving soon and I had planned to have U-verse as my TV and internet provider in my new home, but I am hesitant based on how this situation was handled.

The purpose of this letter is to inform AT&T management of my encounter, and hopefully have the current way AT&T handles customer service and technical support analyzed to make it better.

I schedule new service with att internet for a friday at 1.30 pm. After traveling 66 miles to my vacation home to meet the installer, no one showed up. Called att at 4.30 pm and they said I already had internet. I aske how is that poosible? They said that I dont have be there. Ok, but the agent tranferred me and the second agent said tha I do not qulify in my area for dsl? Ok, she tranferred me again and the third agent said I need uverse? Transferd again to a manager and he said it would cost me approx 200.00 for a new account. Today is monday and I dont know if I have a order in place or internet or if all these people from att have any clue or care.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Our monthly service with AT&T is $9.57 which includes Unlimited NW Call Plus . We were told that with internet it would run us about $60.00. OK, no problem. We tried calling out but had to dial 1 first , so we called AT &T and wanted to know why we had to dial 1 first. They said we had to dial the 1 first but verified that we had unlimited calling. Opened the bill today and instead of $ 60.00, the bill was $ 170.72 . Got on the internet with AT &T Chat and spent 45 minutes just to be told in the end that I would have to call a number on the phone. Of course, it is night time and I have to call back tomorrow. I am upset that AT & T has misled us about their fees and what they included, that I spend 45 minutes of time to be told that I would have to call another number, and that they are over charging us for services we need. We did not ask for the Long distance service, why would we need it with Unlimited calling? The rep could not answer my questions. Lies, ALL LIES !

AT&T Disconnected phone service now on a montly basis, like clock work. AT&T disconnected my service on Dec. 15th, 2014, do to a 1 day late payment. Then again on Jan. 15th, Now AGAIN on Sat. Feb. 15th. This is a scam and they refuse to remove the additional $35.00 fee + taxes + sur charges. Payments have been made. Have they sunk so low to produce revenue that they disconnect service on a monthly basis. Additional late fees of $7.00. My service is only 28.00/mn but Now with the late chgs. and $35.00 fee + taxes it averages 75.00/mn. They refuse to clear up this matter and set the record straight. This is a SCAM!

My dsl internet service was disconnected without my consent for Uverse Internet plan. It was installed but my regular wired phone service and my old phone number were also disconnected without my consent for Uverse Voice. I want my my regular wired phone service back or I will have to change to other phone service company. AT&T lied to us and I feel like there is nothing I can do about it now. I have called customer service at length but no response and a very long hold time is all I got for my efforts!

So tired of AT&T high cost poor service. People should be allowed to choose the carrier of their choice instead having to be forced to accept what is in their area only or do without service. Thought they said that America is a free country, really, well you should be free to choose your own carrier not forced to choose the carrier they assigned to you leaving you no other choice to have to choose them or be without service, this should be very unconstitutional. I guess America is only a free country for the wealthy to ripoff the poor.

I recently got out of the Marine Corps and I'm now a full time student. I am unable to get internet in my home in order to do school work and pursue my education. I was told that there is a cap on how many people they can give internet where I live, but I talked to a friend that's an engineer for at&t and he told me to file a complaint in order to get this issue resolved. He said that at&t will increase the cap in order to give me internet in my home. I'm a veteran and a full time student, and I believe that they should be able to work with me. I've been a customer for about 3 years now and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Yeah, I know Esurance, but does AT&T care about their customers. This morning I talked with 2 reps, neither of which listened to me. Neither repeated to me correctly what I stated to be my problem. So what's new!

There are no words. Att and U verse are so far deep into the dirt, they can never come back to the ethical company they were years ago. No point in listing all the calls. All the time wasted, all the lies, mystery charges that appear out of no where that no can explain, charges that appear that are wrong that take months to get right. The lies start at the store level and continue into the the service. In August of 2014 we came and gave you 5 lines. I have a contract with you for 12 more months. The minute it's done we will be done with you, and your horrible internet. I will go back to Verizon. I am disgusted. I have been pushed to the point of frustration over and over again. You believe in one n done philosophy. You may have got me for 1contract, but you won't get me again after this ever. Ever. I wish I had the time and energy to legally pursue going after you for all the dirty things you have done since day one. I'm an American customer, I will not discuss my private business with people outside my country who can't speak English. Companies like you have our private info the hands of deceitful lying representatives that sit in call centers in the phillapines, Mexico and India. Do you think those people would think twice about selling our info on the black market? Of course not. Not like you would care

I'm upset about AT&T and their lack of service and the lies from your representatives. We purchased 2 cellphones from AT&T on 1-23-15. Was told at that time that we would put uverse in the house with a sef install. Sometime between 1-23 and 1-28 the order was cancelled for the uverse self install and we were not notified. On 1-28 I called to see where the modem was at, because we had not received it.I was told that I could not do a self install.I went back to the store and talked to Dylan, about getting the uverse taken care of.We needed to get the uverse installed prior to changing the home number to the new cell phone. We needed a little bit of consideration because I'm going through chemo and needed an early time and not waiting all day.The first appt they arranged so I canceled it, and Dylan got an appt for the next day at 9 am. The techs go to work at 9 am, or so we were told.Later I foound out that's a lie, its 8 am.

The AT&T tech came on that day,at 9:20 he did a good job putting the uverse in other that some hoe our home was disconnected.At that time I ask him how I get the cell phone working. he said we had to go to the store.They said they needed the last 4 numbers of my wifes social and I did not have it with me. I came home, got on the phone and tried to get the porting procedure started. After 6 different people, the last person finally told me they could not do the porting because the home phone was shut off. They ask me why I had them shut the land line off, and I told them that I didn't.Went back to the store to try to get the land line turned on. I was told I would have to call AT&T to get that done. Finally got someone, that set up an appt for a tech to turn the land line back on.When that tech showed up, he didn't have the correct piece of equipment to get the land line working. So he called another tech to bring the piece he needed. This 2-5-15 .

After they were here and the land line was working, I went back to the AT&T store and talked to a rep about getting the porting started. He talked to the porting dept. She put him on hold and during that time another rep called my house to see if this was a working number.They came back on the phone at the store, they said the porting process had started. We received a call from napara maddox 866-695-2360 ext 13742 .This was at 2:30 central time. She assured me the matter was being taken care of and in 24 hours we would have service and she would call me at that time. We did not receive a call, so I called that number, she was not there, said she was off this afternoon. The person I talked to said the porting had not even started. Would take untill Monday before it could be reported. I'm thoroughly upset. We go back to the store, Dylan is busy with another customer and the assistant manager came to talk to us.

I believe her last name was reed. She made a call to you, was told it had been ported and would be ready within a few minutes and we would be receiving a call. More lies, again and again. This was at 4:30 this afternoon Friday the 6th. And now it is 8:45 and guess what, no phone call. Imagine that. This is the poorest excuse for a company that I've dealt with. We told Ms Reed that if we didn't receive the call and a working number that we were told over and over, that we would bring the cell phones back to that store in the morning.

I was calling about my bill and was supposed to be transferred to billing when I got cut off. I called back and had to go thru the same routine and listen again to recordings. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the lady (Brenda) said they would call me in three to five minutes. It has now been 50 minutes and still no phone call. Why cant someone do what they say they will do? I have had problems since we switched our plans. Please contact me.

Signed up the for next program in the middle of the month with when updating my phone. I was offered the u-verse phone option at that time so I signed up for that too. I had a combined billing that was due at the end of the month. AT&T did the split around the 20th. I then received a bill from ATT cellular (same billing dates) and a separate bill to pay u-verse internet and phone which I did two weeks before they were due. The following month I get a collection letter from the combined services that state I did not pay my bill. After 2-1/2 hours and getting hung up on several times and calling back I found out they were closed. I called back the next day they told me a claim will be filed and someone would call me.

After two weeks no call, I called them said it was still in process and I would get a letter by the end of the month with the resolution. I never received a call or letter I just figured it was taken care of. Another month goes by and now I am getting calls from a third party collection agency on this bill. Called AT&T back and they cannot find any records of my combined account and have no idea who to send me to. After being transferred 10 times and 45 minutes later no resolution. I got hung up on again!!! Next step will be finding an attorney.

I was ready for an upgrade my daughter and I switched phones she gave me her Samsung Note 3 and she got my upgrade. She got the Samsung Mega cell phone that was on sale for $150.00. My daughter decided she did not like the Mega phone and went back to AT&T store to get another cell phone she was told she could trade the Mega for another cell phone. I notice on my cell bill that I am being charged for the cell phone she returned for $500.00 dollars. We were never told that she still had to pay for the Mega phone even if she traded it for another one. I feel that AT&T is misleading the customers, and are not upfront with the rules at the time of purchase. I have made several phone calls and I am told that I have no choice but to pay the mega phone even though it was turned in.

I called ATT today about an email I received (1/8/15) letting me know that I had been "undercharged" for the last few months. Due to discovery of this "error" I can expect my service to increase by $5. Now, this may not seem like much, but 1-they notified me after they had made the change (on 12/29/14), and 2-I was already paying the regular rate (as was verified when I called them 8/2014 after my new customer rate had ended). They are entitled to increase their rates, as I saw a notice on their website indicating higher 2015 rates. That said, my Dec/Jan bill specifically indicates that I ("You") made a plan change that instigated this increased rate. And, because they made the change mid-billing cycle, I got to pay almost $3 more in taxes. Thanks, ATT! <Not really.> Now, I'm at $8 more on my current bill, which I find ridiculous for the spotty internet service we get. Unfortunately, (if you can believe it) given our location in Fort Worth, TX, there is no other internet service provider for my geographical area. So, I guess I'll just pay my bill and suck it...for now. But, I wanted the world to know...ATT sucks!

ATT has outsourced the jobs to Asian countries where the tellers are incapable of helping customers since they do not know the US. The tellers just read the computer screen. Totally useless people. The American tellers just promise appointments yet nobody shows up. Nobody knows what they are doing. Completely irresponsible! Waiting for internet service for over 5 days.

I have a complaint about the local AT&T stores that I have been to for problems with my cell phones. The customer service is below all expectations. Whenever you walk in one of their stores they greet you very nicely but the seem not to be able to help you. Cracked screen? Go to website x. Bad battery? go to website Y. Camera does not work? Go to website W. So basically all the do is sell you service plans, once that is done you are on your own...

I have been a very good customer but continue to have issues with no resolution or a sense of urgency from AT&T. This organization does not have the capabilities of servicing a customer from a start point to a resolution with out going through therr ridiculous processes. I currently have an issue with a AT&T line and live box hanging in the middle of the alley due to the City of Dallas moving a power pole. Trying to explain to customer service was a nightmare as I was transferred to multiple divisions including billing. After being on the phone with these folks for two hours they finally were able to book a service tech. They arrived the next day and understood the importance that that the line hanging in the middle of the alley needed to be relocated so the customers hooked up to this live box would not lose services.

They did not have the capabilities to move the line and called in another department to do so. The next service tech showed up to explain that the active line hanging down from the powerline in the alley was acceptable and he was not going to move it to the new city power pole. He went on to send in a message that his job was complete and I received a text message indicating my services were resolved. Since I have had Uverse TV, Internet, Phone I have been with out services for 9 days this year because of incompetent service techs in the field. If you want a company that provides customer service and solutions to issues you will have with this provider , please do not pick up the phone and call AT&T Uverse.

At&t allows unsolicited calls to be repeatedly sent to my phone number. At&t knows of these calls and the numbers from where they are being placed. Our local authority (Sheriff Dept.), is aware of the harassing calls to many of the area phone numbers in this city as well as others counties around us. You cannot block the numbers since At&t allows their numbers (multiplies), to continue their service. I have cell phones also but not with At&t.... My consideration now is to totally disconnect from At&t my phone line which will include their U-verse internet service. I guess it is all about the money since the harassers have so many numbers they (At&t) profit a hundred times more than what I pay them...

On Jan 16, 2015 my 88 yo widowed aunt was billed for IDL Teleservices on her AT&T bill for a recurring $4.95/month plus fees. She has no computer and allows ALL incoming calls to go to voicemail because of scammers (ie she did not "sign up" for services). Thanks AT&T...just so you don't feel lonely at the top I did file a complaint with the FCC and Florida State Attorney General's office. Happy New Year.

In Ocala, Fl AT&T Call Center is employing a woman by the name of Yvonne McDonald-Garcia who has a serious substance & alcohol abuse problem. McDonald-Garcia abuses prescription drugs, cocaine, & alcohol at home & during her work shifts at AT&T. McDonald-Garcia has a number of illegal drug transactions taking place within her home regularly. McDonald-Garcia has also connected with other AT&T employees who is aiding her in hacking numerous internet accounts/profiles & cellphone accounts for individuals, a service I believe she is collecting financial revenue for providing.

My land line number is or was 1440 9516218 mike steele cell phone is 440 5374742. I used this land line for my heart monitor only which is as critical of a line as you can have. It was disconnected because i did not have the money. When i finally got it i paid it on 1-21-15 i paid the bill in total and called to have it connected again . In the period of 3 whole days i talked to at least 6 at&t agents from all of the country and world and was promised and guaranteed it would be on at any hours and never happened at all and there was not even any paperwork put in to have it done. I had a small dispute with the last agent and he told me it would be put back on on the 21st but as the day went on it never happened as usual. I called late in the day and got a hold of at&t and was told oh no its not going to be hooked back up till the 28th of January. Shocking i was penalized almost a week to get my HEART monitor put on because of the complaining of never getting the job done. Finally a woman supposedly helped me on Friday afternoon packaging all 3 of my services with a connection of my land line this Monday the 26th. I have been a faithful customer but this is the worse service in the history of services. My u verse account is 4405374742 which is my cell phone number and my new package is 4405255492 what a disgrace with the way this has been handled. My next stop is anyone that will listen to me i told everyone of them that this was for a heart monitor and got the same story from everyone, terrible.

My phone don't answer sometime it drop calls it don't pick up apps at&t app expire etc but i have to pay for service from july-oct without int they say that a part of the contract i will pass the work about these service i will never call for any service from ar7t again soon as my contract is up i rather use a government phone. I am so so so so so disappoint with at&t with all these bad bad bad service so good bye in november i wil be filing a complaint with bbs and whom ever will listen and do something about this rip off.

Att has been nothing but a severe let down and depressing choice of wireless carrier. Service sucks. Garbage. Utter crap. If you like customer service I would recommend you go anywhere else BUT Att.

You would think there would be a maintainable level of respect with this company but it does not exist. Clearly the mobile phone industry is way to big for its britches and AT&T lead the pack in bad behavior. The remedy is unclear but I'm starting by buying my own phone and having the ability to move on in 6 weeks. disgusting people....

AT&T has become such a big conglomerate that their employees and CEOs have lost sight of their Missions. I have been with AT&T for a very long time and with having AT&T products such as: 5 wireless numbers, Direct TV and I have just recently added U-verse (home phone and Internet) one would think that I would be considered a Loyal customer and treated as such! Not the case, I have to do 2 each combine billings on all of these AT&T services. I have these set up for an automatic banks withdrawal (ACH) and have done this for years never had a problem. So to my surprised, I received a letter in the mail from a Collection agency this week stating that I have been turned over to them to collect my debt (which was paid by the bank).

My nightmare begins, when I try to call and discuss this matter with any and all AT&T Representatives. I ended up talking to 10 different Representatives to include supervisors yesterday and got 10 different responses on what the problem was. Finally, on my 11th attempt, I finally got someone and told me immediately what had happen. It seems like when I switched from a DSL and Home wireless account to a UVERSE account that account was closed (no AT&T Representative told me this would happen when I ordered this).

The bank draft was posted to the closed account. The AT&T Representative She immediately reversed the bank draft from the closed account to the new account and all actions were cleared up immediately. I feel I should not have had to endure this kind of mental anguish to try and correct what is apparently several broken processes with the AT&T Corporation. I feel mentally beat up and when my contract expires, I will move on to a different provider. May I suggest A Lean Six Sigma Process for the whole Corporation. Just remember you're as strong as your weakest link.

I just want to say I have been a loyal customer since 1999 and I have always been satisfied with service and product until the last 3 yrs. I have 5 phones for my husband myself and 3 kids and I have had to replace 22 phones either threw warranty or just plain by new ones because none of then work after a couple wks. The product really disappoints me these days and it does not matter if I got a 40$ phone or a $600.00 phone they r all junk. Then u call customer service and those people treat u like crap then charge u to send a replacement then sometimes the new one comes and sometimes u have to call again and get charge more money to wait on another junk phone all the while the mins that I have paid for are not getting used but that's ok cuz u guys got paid for them even when I don't have a phone to use them on for wks. This is ridiculous! I pay for data because half the time the phones won't connect to WiFi. Sometimes u get ur phone calls sometimes u get ur text and sometimes ur boss wants to fire u because u never returned the phone call u never got and sometimes when ur kid is in the nurses office and needs to come home sick or with a broken arm just maybe u will get that phone call. Please stop making new phones and fix the ones u already have out so they actually work more then sometimes. I am a very very disappointed dissatisfied long time customer that is about to change all 5 of my phones to a new service provider if I don't get some acknowledgement on this problem u have been causing me.

This complaint starts from the day I ordered a new iphone 6 plus. My personal assistant, Patty called AT&T on October 14, 2014 and spoke with Frank Victor who placed the order for me. She explained to him that I was up for an upgrade so I wanted to do the two year plan. However, for some reason he placed me on the Next plan and was unable to change it at the time. He told me to call back in 24 hours to have it changed. My credit card was charged $57.00 for the order, which to date I have not gotten back! When Patty called back on October 15, 2014, she spoke with Jarmain and she said that it cannot be changed in the system that we have to wait for the phone to be activated and anytime within 15 days it can be changed...AFTER ACTIVATION
She did say that it shows I will get my phone in 28-35 days.

Continuously called all through November and December for when the delivery will be there and kept asking if there was any way for the reclassification to be done. No progress. On December 17, more than two months later, I finally received my phone. Patty calls to activate it on December 18. That was no problem, but when it came time for them to switch the classification, Patty was told it could not be done. She spoke with Cindy Wood who got with her supervisor Jason Pofhal and he explained that it was another department to make the changes since the order date was so long ago. I explained that I had spoken with several representatives and was told that the phone has to be activated. He said he will make notes and get someone to call me back. He assured me that I would have to only pay $499.00 which is the upgrade contract price and not the next price of $949.99.

couple days later, Jim called and told me to get in touch with the IT department. After several tried for that department, I was told that no such department exists and that I should get in touch with the Premiere Department. Spoke with Connie, he said he cannot help, but to try back. Finally got in touch with the premiere department and spoke with Carol, she said there was nothing that she could do and would check with a supervisor. I was on hold for more than an hour and spoke with Saundra who said she looked at all the notes and couldn't understand why this was not done in the beginning by the department that the supervisor Jason was in. All in all, I was on the phone for about three hours and she spoke with another supervisor in another department, Seeta who was absolutely no help and was not even nice to talk too.

Saundra decided that she would put a note on my account that I can try taking it to a store and if they would take it back I can repurchase another one. I did not want to do that since I already used my phone on a recent trip and did not want to lose the pictures, etc. on it. I am very disgusted with this service and all the back and forth. we were never told to cancel the order completely and start over...I think it's a ploy for people to pay double to own a phone. I am also filing a complaint with www.ftc.gov for this absolutely poor service to deal with a situation.

I am ready to call the Better Business Bureau or someone about all the annoying calls to my home about switching to U-verse. I have asked to be removed from their list but the calls just keep on coming. I am feed up with this annoyance. I have told the callers over and over again I am not interested in switching but it does no good.

To: President and CEO. Dear Mr. Stephenson, I have been a loyal customer to your cable, internet service for 3yrs now. I remember living in New Orleans when At@t came out with cable services, with the antenna ,before At@t left New Orleans. Now I live in Texas I had your services for 3 yrs. now and in those 3yrs. is have been nothing but problems. I would like you to look at my whole history to see all the problems I have since signing up with AT@T. I was been over charge after I was put in a promotion, I have automatic pay and because of the over charge I was been overdraft in my account, I'm disable and I live in a budget. I took 4 month of credits to my account and to get is straight. My wife and I would like to add extra channel to our services and for some reason they cannot do it because of some error that keep occurring into my account. so far it have been 2weeks since my request to add channels but they can figure out the problem. I have been in touch and put on wait in my cell phone up to 2 hours and the problem still exist. This is totally unprofessional and disgusting. customer service promised to call back and they don't. After various complaint a manager keeps calling me now to give me updates, but all I'm getting is (we still working on it). You guys are AT@T the (Nasa) of programing. Why can the fix this problem this is ridiculous and unacceptable. I have been very passion about this but not anymore. As today I'm looking to change your services to Time Wagner cable. I don't even want satellite because I find out AT@T own them. I might be only one subscriber , but is one less for you guys.

I used to have internet and telephone service with AT&T. Until about 7 months I had my telephone turned off because each month in would be a different price plus they was going up monthly. I left a balance with my telephone $68.00 I still have my internet I was paying $10.00 each month on telephone balance. Until they stop allow me to pay the $10.00 thru my online account next thing I knew they have put it collection. First it was Franklin Collection. I don't understand that I was paying them. My balance was 38.00. Now the have sent it to another collection agency. I just received my bill for my internet service and it has almost double. I look to see what they was charging me for. They stated in December I removed their service and in the same month add it back so they charge me for that. I never called them about anything in December. You can't call and talk to anyone anyway. What is going on with AT&T. I am going to contact Public Service Commission. And why do they goes up every month on telephone service?

I talked to a gentleman about getting only internet that was compatible with Netflix. He signed me up for a $34.95 promotion that was going on which included home phone. I told him that I only wanted internet and he told me that I did not need to use the house phone because it came with the internet and it was a bundle. I looked at my e-mail and it stated that I have my own house phone number and everything. I called back today (1/19/2015) and told the lady that all I wanted was internet compatible with Netflix and it was cheaper than what the gentleman said it was going to be. If I did not call back then I would have been paying for what I didn't want.

I moved to this area two years ago and I settled on one side of the Morse Reservoir and then moved to the next side, which is Noblesville. I had good service until some towers were upgraded and no one had dealt with the problem for over seven months. I have heard all the excuses. The fact is that if I want to use my cell or tablet (both ATT), I must drive from my residence out to route 32 to get reception. It affects my email, internet, and wireless phone service. I have encouraged everyone else who is experiencing this problem to file a complaint with the FCC. If my phone, internet service, and hot spot worked ok before why not now??? Someone had done something during the upgrade that has caused the tower not to see my wireless equipment (phone and tablet, both ATT). I am retired and single and I need a reliable service so I am shopping around so that the next job that I can replace this service after I take on work again.

I was going to wait until 1/24 to cancel AT&T home phone and internet since the home phone is paid through that time frame but I am going to call sooner, guess this weekend to cancel service . Not only has AT&T called every day for the past two weeks but now are calling two times every day, I have told them its not a got time to talk due to a death in the family and they always say NO PROBLEM , do not text and drive, So tonight after the 2nd call from the them today I told them the AT&T account holder died ( my mom three weeks ago) and I will be calling to cancel service and they say NO PROBLEM do not text while you drive I will never will have AT& T for any thing in my life No empathy and they could care less about my mom dying after 91 years of age and having having AT& T services her entire life NO AT&T for me , Its not American anymore , its a corporate money hog

I'm a customer with AT&T for 15 plus years. I called customer service on January 16 to talk about charges on my wireless bill. I was charged data for roaming in Aruba. I did not use my cell phone, could not connect, was still charged for it. I paid over $ 400.00. Next month i was charged for calls received but not answered by me, after my billing cycle. I have a family plan with 4 cell phones on for many years and we should not be charged for phone calls not received and billed after the billing cycle. We are not happy because we are being charged foe a service we did not use. I'm traveling to Germany often and i add text messages to my bill. Text messages received are not being charged but phone calls received but not answered being charged? If AT&T does not credit me the $ 167 i have choice to switch my cell phone carrier. Thank you for your time and i hope we can solve this issue to my satisfaction. Sincerely Bedia Sears

I bought a contract with AT&T. I have one phone and it isn't even a smartphone or iphone. I pay $47.00 a month. I went online to change my account information. Having done that I thought it was going to be automatically debited to the new account. I went to check the old debit account and found it was still being debited by AT&T. So thought I'd call them and they still had the old account listed on my profile, even though the new account was added. I got a letter from the old account saying it past due. That how I found out they didn't change the account information. I also do not like the service. I rarely get and make calls and when I do I most of them are dropped. I want out of my
contract and don't ever want another one.

In 1953 my wife and I became Ohio Bell customers. During 61+ years since then (until 12/26), we've had service from various Bell operating companies or ATT.

For 23 years in Austin TX we were SW Bell/ATT customers -- 2 land lines, TV, internet and 2 cell phones. Poor TV and internet quality compelled cancellation of those 2 services. But land line and cell service continued with ATT -- despite the annoyance of static on both land lines following virtually every heavy or even moderate rainfall.

Last month we moved to a new house, less than 10 minutes from the previous house and in the same zip code. Transfer of the same numbers to the new house was promised. More than 2 weeks after requesting transfer of the 2 lines, a service rep appeared on Christmas eve (only one day later than promised). He couldn't do the switch because the next door lawn (where some ATT equipment is located was locked and the owners were out of town.

So I scheduled phone service from Time Warner on 12/26. That very day ATT cancelled service to the old house, without notifying me.

Throughout this through-the-looking-glass- exercise in absurdity I made many calls to ATT, always with stupendous wait times. The record wait time, I'm ashamed to confess, went on for 1 hour, 36 minutes.

The final call (I deluded myself to believe it would be the last) was in early January. A live female ATT rep in Wichita assured me that all our remaining ATT accounts would be closed. After 61+ years. Time of that call to Wichita? A mere 46 minutes.

Yesterday an ATT booklet arrived by mail, welcoming us to the ATT family, and revealing that for a mere $96.51 a month we get 2 land lines in Austin; numbers 512-453-2799 and 512-453-5530. The same numbers cancelled by ATT less than a month ago.

None of this is or could be made up. It happened, exactly as described. Kafkaesque, you think?

I called AT&T because I had a problem with the cable box and the TV not connecting. When I called AT&T I got a representative, who told me what to do here at home. This lasted around 45 minutes, the problem still wasn't solve it got worse. The TV screen stays black nothing come on. I was getting upset so I told the rep. to send out a technician to come to the house, to replace the cable box with a new one. Why should I be doing this when I pay to have someone fix the problem. He said if AT&T send someone to the home, I might have to pay the around $99.00. I told him the problem was the cable box not the wiring. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he put on the phone a person name Joseph. I asked Joseph what was his full name he refused to tell me. He stated that supervisor were not suppose to give out their last name. I never heard of anything like this before. I would like for AT&T to send someone to my home and replace the cable box with a new one.

Not one representative a spoke with on yesterday, had no experience when I needed some billing information on a miscellaneous account(mailbox in the sky) I was on hold for an hour, I asked for names of supervisors, district managers, also operations managers. I was put on hold and my issue was never resolved. These employees need to be trained better to handle all calls. I retired form AT&T and there is no way I would ever suggest that any customer should call for assistance, because all they are going to get is a bunch of round arounds. Irate as HELL

It has been 4 weeks since AT&T dug up a portion of my front yard and left a big mess upon leaving and never have returned to clean up the mess…one of the workers said would return soon to finish the job of restoring my yard to prior condition…no one has has returned….who at ATT do I contact for resolution?

February 22, 2014 we went on a cruise, right before we left I contacted AT&T about going out of the country and our data usage we just purchased an iPad Air. The person I talked to changed our plan to save us some money and told us we would be put on international rate while we were out of the county. When we left port in Galveston TX and were out to sea we tried to use our phones and we had not service for calls, texting or the iPad. We put them away until we got back in port at Galveston TX on Sunday March 1st. The person I talked to told us our normal monthly bill from now on should be $171.80 until the iPad was paid off. Today I checked our statement on line and it shows we owe $288.65. I called support and asked why so high and was told we made some texts with video and were charged a roaming rate. I again told this person I was talking to our phones and the iPad did not work on the cruise and we put them away until we got back in port in Galveston TX to use. I asked how it could show we used them out of the country and he said that is what the system shows and that is what he has to go by.

We have been with AT&T for a long time, if this is the way you are going to treat us we will look at our options.

3 weeks ago I called and spoke with a customer service rep. that explain incorrectly how the international plan works. I explained in detail what services I was looking for and she assured me that ATT could provide that. Well that was incorrect. My son is in South Korea in the Army, we were with T-mobile which has an international plan with unlimited data and text and calling/ 10 cents a minute. The problem with them was we were getting a lot of drop calls so I called ATT to ask questions about international plans to call South Korea and for my son to call us from South Korea. The lady stated that the international plan was $5.00 per line to add and that each call made would be 8 to 10 cents per minute. So we continue to talk about data and unlimited text and talk.

So I went through with joining att based on the answers I was given to all my questions, so 2 phones and a sim card was sent out to me. The phones were for me and my mother and the sim card was for my son whose in South Korea with an ATT phone. So once he got the sim card which took about 14 days to get there he was unable to get the phone to work. So I continue to call all through out the days to try to get things right. As I called and spoke with different people was being informed different things. 1st the plan we had didn’t support calling to and from south korea, then we were told on yesterday the phone still isn’t able to work do to some technical difficulties for not being able to reach south korea network.

Then I was told that he would have to purchase a calling card. and the story goes on and on and on …lies…So today I was told after they added the international plan that the phone would work. the only happen was a billed that generated for over 900.00 in less than 6 hours and my son still is unable to call or text…so now I want to go back to T-Mobile where we atleast were able to communicate with unlimited data , text and calls. I was lied too in order to switch. Very disappointed when my son is serving his country and can’t communicate with his family just for a company to gain money for a service they couldn’t supply. I would like a phone call, and to terminate this 2 year contract for being told a straight out lie!

I have paid my monthly bill statement on the 19th of March by debit card via automated service. On the 25th of March my bank statement shows I was charged same amount via bank check. I was trying to get clarification and direction from a problem was redirected to a different none existing issue. I am frustrated and disappointed.

I have tried to explain twice that I am not able to connect to the network (my iPhone) on my computer/IPad/or Laptop. They are not listening to what is actually happening and keep going down the path that I can’t get to the internet on my IPhone. I’ve never had any problems before. I now realize how lucky I’ve been. Support tells me the problems I’m seeing then hang up. Very disappointing.

I just realize that ATT added a dollar to my equipment rental. What is the reason for that when the equipment is in my home and has been accounted for. When I called and ask for a good reason for this, I was able to talk to Daneil and unceremoneously disconnected. How rude. They know my number and can call back. I can not find an email or something to air my grievance.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note which was an upgrade in September 2012. My phone would not charge. I tried multiple chargers and still would not charge. I ended up having to wrap the chord around the phone to put enough pressure on the insertion site for the phone to charge. The problem was the phone, not the charger. When I went to the AT&T store on Lankershim (in Los Angeles), I explained to the store clerk what was wrong with my phone. He laughed at me and proceeded to try multiple chargers in the store before telling me it was the phone. I informed him I had insurance on the phone and he told me he would not help me and i had to call AT&T myself, which I did in the store. While the gentleman on the phone was a little bit helpful, not by much, the store clerk stood in front of me rolling his eyes and laughing at me. The gentleman on the phone instructed me on how to resolve my problem in the store and he spoke to the clerk over the phone.

Once we concluded the phone call, I asked the clerk if we could fix the problem today. He stated he would not help me in the store and i had to call customer service and they could do fix my phone problem over the phone. Which was why i was on the phone to begin with. The guy on the phone told me the store would fix it and the store said no, they wouldn’t fix it. I asked for the manager. When he came over he stated no one in his store would help me with my phone issue. I told him i had been an AT&T customer for 19 years and had never been treated like this. I informed the manager and the clerk that i would be dropping them and they laughed while i was walking out the door.

Now, I must give a disclaimer up front that this story is rather involved and completely a “first world problem”, but it’s my problem so if you care to listen read on. My wife and I’s lease on our house we were renting was ending and sadly we had to move. I previously had service with Wow!, but they didn’t offer internet/cable at our new address so I was in search of a new company to go with. I spoke with many of my coworkers and they informed me that AT&T was the best company to go with.

A few days prior to moving, I went online and spoke with a representative and picked out an internet plan and they informed me that a tech would go by my house and they would send me the modem in the mail for me to set up. The day came where we started moving in and there was already something on the door indicating AT&T had been there and the modem had already arrived in the mail. I thought to myself, “Man, they are efficient”.

The day came (Tuesday) when our internet should be working so that evening I attempted to hook up my internet and low and behold nothing worked. I called their customer service number only to have the first person I talked to tell me he couldn’t find my account number or any record that I had service with them. Now, keep in mind, I had their modem, someone had been to my house and I had two papers with my name and a new account number with a phone number associated with my new AT&T internet. I was transferred to another guy who couldn’t find it and then conference called with a fourth person.

None of these people could find my account. I was then put on hold again for over 30 minutes where I gave up and simply hung up. The next day, after work, I was at home trying to get the internet to work again (which it didn’t) so I called again. The 5th person I spoke with told me he couldn’t find my account number, surprise surprise and he advised me to call the customer service number that I had called to reach him. So I hung up and called the 6th person who did offer me a slight glimmer of hope.

She had me try both phone jacks in my house and informed me she didn’t see any signal, but she could send someone out the next morning to fix the problem. I informed her that I wouldn’t be home, and neither would my wife do to our work schedules. She said that wouldn’t be a problem and that the technician could complete the service call without coming inside.

Well, she was wrong. My phone rang while at work on that Thursday with the technician informing me he was about 15 minutes from my house. I told him that was fine, but I wouldn’t be there because I was at work. He appeared flabbergasted and said, “Well you need to be there, I am going to have to put this appointment on hold until Saturday and I will come back by then”. I completed my work day and being that no one had done anything of value for me so far, I decided to call just to verify the appointment I supposedly had on Saturday. Well, wouldn’t you know it, no appointment existed. The customer service representative I spoke with, Caroline, (who may I remind you was the 8th person I had spoken with), was professional and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders.

She tried switching my appointment but informed me she was having trouble taking the hold off of it. She told me she would work on the matter and call me back. She did a few minutes later, but told me she was unable to do so and would call me back the next day. Long story short she was unable to move my appointment and I had someone else apparently make me an appointment on Saturday (which they didn’t) even though they gave me an appointment number to verify my imaginary appointment. I ended up mailing the modem back and canceling the internet service without every getting to see if it was any sort of a good product.

The main reason for this complaint is that AT&T stresses how much they care about their customers and in reality they do not. They simply tell you what you want to hear knowing you will probably never interact with that person again when they don’t do what they say. All I wanted was the internet. I wasn’t asking for anything out of the ordinary. AT&T’s company revolves around the transmission of information, whether it’s thru the internet, phone or television. But, everyone, other than Caroline, didn’t give me any worth while information. 80% of the people I spoke with couldn’t even find my account. And, even when having two people independently of one another, verify my Saturday appointment, in actuality I never even had one. So what’s the point of giving someone a reference number for their appointment if it doesn’t exist?!

Overall, this was the worst customer service I have experienced in my entire life in any sort of realm. Nothing positive was gained from it, only negative. I realize too that the sad thing is I don’t matter to AT&T at all. They are such a large company, someone will just fill my place.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Adam on 03/12/2014 at IP address 50.76.193.97 using our AT&T complaint form. This opinions contained in this AT&T customer review titled, “Worst Customer Service Ever” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

My wife interacted with a person called Josh around about January 16, 2014; and she was not told that our phone service would have a limit of 200 minutes. Our bill this month included $86.00 worth of calls. We have always had unlimited minutes local and long distance. I spoke to Jamie at ATT who is supposed to set up our phone service the unlimited local and long distance service for $35.00 per month. However, there was no indication that ATT would lower our bill. This was a mistake made by their representative who did not inform us nor did he change our service to what we originally had which was $35.00 a month. This step was supposed to save us money instead our bill skyrocketed. As retirees we cannot afford these bills.

Every month my bill goes up. And I have had uverse service for 2 years and my bill has never been the amount I was told it would be. I love the service just want my bill to be correct. I am and have always been on a budget and told the agent that when I changed to uverse. Not happy with my billing.

We recently moved 15 miles away from our previous home. We had placed a work order for internet and landline in our new home to be installed the day we closed. That was on 30 Aug 2013. We have been delayed 5 times now with excuse after excuse. Today again we were supposed to finally have a technician to arrive between 2 and 4 p.m. Guess what another no show, and no phone call to explain why or when we would be rescheduled AGAIN. My husband is on the cell phone with someone in another country that just keeps reading a script and not helping. What in the world do you have to do to get service. My husband works from home a lot and needs access to the internet and a landline phone. This is causing a lot of problems and I just don’t get it. I wish we could use another service because we would have after the 2nd appointment was cancelled. But our little town only has AT&T. They have us by the u know what and nothing we can do. I hate this!!!!

Moved to mt. Nernon Ohio to help ailing parents. Upon arriving I find that I have no service from AT&T. After numerous cantacts with AT&T I still have no service and no recommendations. I even drove to AT&T stre an hour away to try to remedy the problem. Nothing happened and I continued getting bills. My contract was cancelled and I was still being billed plus other charges for service I never received. I have been with AT&T for 7 plus years. Never thought they would treat their customers this way . they are sending me to collections for problems they caused.

I am living in my rental while waiting on a home renovation. When my wife called ATT to return service to our renovated home she was not giving a timely frame for a tech to come to our renovated home (which is already set for ATT). Due to massive miscommunications problems between departments at ATT my wife called to confirm that both residences were receiving services until the move was complete and ATT confirmed it would not happen. She was on the phone for 3 hours verifying this because she was kept on hold or hung up on most of the afternoon.

The sales or customer service rep came back and said no services would be interrupted and a tech would be at our renovated home on the 2nd. On the 30th ATT (due to a note error on the part of the customer service rep) caused all service at our rental to be deactivated. My wife has spent the better part of two day and possibly up to 40 reps between tech support, sales and tier II agents trying to resolve the issue. Bottom line we lost our tech guy coming out today in order for her to restore service at the rental. My wife is a online student due to a disability getting her MSN in Nursing.

She failed two exams yesterday due to the interruption as well as a near fail on a huge final paper for graduation. Finally at 10:30 last night internet and phone were restored, however – the television will not come back on and we had to cancel our new service at our renovated house for restoration of service. I have U300 and now being told that we don’t? She has no television and is afraid to order new service due to the fact of disruptions of service. In two she spoke to clost to 50 reps between the different departments and no one can seem to fix anything or get it right.

She has been hung up on, treated rudely and this is all due to a customer service error. Now we have movers coming – no service at the other address. I’m very disheartened and frankly angry that my wife was treated this way by anyone. The ticket numbers and orders are confusing and the different departments have excessive miscommunication between them – as she was told 50 different stories before finally a man told her that her service had actually been disconnected at our rental and all he could do to restore anything was cancel the tech coming out to inspect the equipment and make sure the service was operating properly.

I hope in the future inter personal skills is a must for these positions, as you are one of the more expensive bundle carriers. You are about to lose me and everyone I’ve told about how great you were, and we are all going to go back to Buckeye Cable in Toledo, OH. I will laugh when ATT comes knocking on my door. As I was typing this – my wife was just disconnected again.

Shame on all the top leaders in AT&T company. One of the worst companies to handle your problem. They don’t understand their team is a reflection of them. I have 2 business lines and 3 personal lines. I have called for different reasons to speak to a supervisor and not even once the supervisor has been available. I called 11 days ago and left my information to an associat named Noriel ID#hd097q, he said a supervisor will call me and he is yet to call me back after 11 days. Then I called today and apoke to Craig Jones ID#cj405q
He told me someone will call me and hung up before giving me the supervisor’s name. I called back again today and spoke to Yolanda Gorde ID#YG463T. She was the most inconsiderate person that I have spoken to. She didn’t allow me to talk when I asked if there is any note from Craig about my call that was made earlier today, she responded no there was no notes. Then I asked how they are held accountable for making a note on my account. She said it doesn’t matter who cares why do you want to know about that. At this moment I was furious that not only she wasn’t apologizingm, she was telling me who cares about the customer I asked to speak to Bobby Jhonson the supervisoe, she refused to put me through. I told her that I wanted to disconnect my lines and she responded that she could do that in seconds and there is no need to involve a supervisor. She repeatedly told me there was no reason for me to talk to the supervisor despite my request and disconnected me. I will reach out on any social media to ensure everyone is aware of your service and why we can’t speak to a superviser after 12 days. Why are your supervisors so busy that they don’t care about an upset customer. I expect to hear from you ASAP and will reach out to channel 7 ( Help me howard ) to understand what your philosophy is. You can email me back and I will call you on a number that you provide me.. You should be ashamed of your mission and vision for your company. Without your customers you are nothing. One unsatisfied customer informs 10 other people. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sam Moshkani

It is my purpose to alert you of my recent encounter w/ an AT&T retail store manager with the hope to have a better experience should the need arise for me to have to visit there ever again. On 5/3/13 I sought out a site to assist me w/ my newly purchased Gophone b/c the SIM card had locked up on me for attempting too many times to secure my phone w/ an incorrect PIN. I located the nearest store, 641 Indian Hill Blvd, Pomona, CA. Having aided me in changing my SIM card I further asked Miguel, store manager, to assist me in secring the phone, but he said he didn’t know how. I then asked him how come he didn’t know how; this was an AT&T store and I had an AT&T Phone? Obviously aggitated at my insistence for help, he then made some unsuccessful attempts before quitting and handing me off to an other sales person, Jessica, as if I was some nuisance child he couldn’t be bothered w/. Jessica, was great, she very patiently helped me seek out the answer to the question I was having difficulty solving by dialing customer service.

I paid my bill online the amount is says is due. Well then I get a letter saying I owe like three times that amount. When I paid it online it showed a zero balance but then they said they had it returned twice and I let them know that there was no way and that I paid my boyfriend ATT at his home and it was fine. I have always had enough to pay in this acct. Well I had taken my auto pay off when I closed my checking and they had used it anyway not only on the debit but also the checking routing way. Two ways they were not authorized to do. Now I have talked to them and am told I will have to pay this amount and that is that. Then about a week later I get a letter that says I had asked to take me off autopay and thought it was strange since it was about the same time as all this occurred. They just went and did there own thing and didn’t look to see I was using a different card to pay. It doesnt’ even show the card number I paid with. just my acct info from when I first started acct with them . I made a payment on the over 100 balance instead of the 34.95 that I was shown to have owed and have another payment due this month by the 7th on balance. Now today got a letter that is thanking me for signing up for auto pay. GEEZ could it get any more screwed up with this company. I let them know that I will be stopping service at both homes as soon as I get another service.

I had complained that my bill had gone from $77.06 to $83.28 then to $93.29 and finally to $97.11. The bill has a statement that I am saving $76.49. How is this possible when my bill had gone up $20? I have phone service and internet, how could that possibly be? $97.11 + $76.49 = $173.60. The agent on the phone said he could save me money if I bundled. I asked him if it involved a satellite dish, (I asked him several times) and he stated no. I then was convince that a bundle would save me money.

The next day a Direct TV truck pulled up. I had stated that the dish system does not work where we are. I had cancelled the service however I have been trying to get back to AT&T to cancel my order #183731524. I tried to call but the call was dropped and I was told to try again later. This is not acceptable. I a seriously looking into another service with another provider. After calling Vernon, Raul, Tracy & Josh, I finally had an associate by the name of Reno that has taken all of the information and has cancelled the Uverse order and straightened my bill out, I hope. Really need to clean up you web access.

This morning at 0900 approx, an ATT Tech driving ATT Tech Van # OW498 almost caused the destruction of the Exit Gate to our neighborhood. I got a call from one of our residents that he had witnessed this Tech drive into our neighborhood through the exit gate while it was closing. Apparently he thought his time was more valuable than his customer’s expense of putting up a security gate.

He managed to squeak in by the thinnest of margins to the point that he got out of his van to check the rear bumper to see if any damage had been caused. Subsequently, after taking the residents call, I went up to check the video of the incident and confirmed the resident’s account of the matter. I then went in search of the driver and found him at one of the main connection nodules here on the Island. When I asked him how he thought his management would view his driving behavior he got belligerent.

When I asked him his name he told me it was OW498……the number on his service van. It was only after I told him that we had just put that gate back into operation the day before after an extended period of being out of service due to a previous accident, that he then took a civil apologetic tone with me without apologizing for the near-miss.

Mr. Stephenson, as stated above, we had just put the gate back into service on Tuesday April 23rd after a $10,000 accident took the gate out of service for nearly 4 months. Understandably, I am very upset with your Tech’s attitude and driving behavior. We have numerous ways to contact residents here on the island. Your tech(s) typically, do not want to take the time to use the Neighborhood Directory keypad to call the residents they come out to service. I once was a customer of ATT.

But after a surly customer service incident last year, you lost a 30 years plus account. I will inform our HOA of the incident this morning. I will instruct them to ensure that they tell the Service Center that the Techs need to use the keypad directory to gain access. I have video of this incident. I expect that Mr. OW498 be disciplined for his irresponsible driving behavior. His loss of employment would certainly provide a lesson but I’m sure your union rules will not allow that.

I expect that he receive a refresher in Customer Relations when confronted with a justifiably angry customer AND that each and every ATT account on Eagle Bend Island receive an apology from ATT (preferably the driver) for the irresponsible behavior of this tech that almost cost them (the residents) another extended period of time without key HOA security infrastructure.

I went from another company to AT&T ..Direct T.V for tv service they did everything they said… Direct tv sent me to AT&T for internet and phone.. I was expecting a bill of about 40.00 when my bill came it was over $200.00. No i would not at this point recommend AT&T.. The money is what i am most upset with.They also drilled hoes and attached stuff to the out side of the house on my siding. I wish they had ask permission first.

I am completely unsatisfied with my services with AT&T. I have only had DSL and home phone for roughly less then 24 hours and i have had nothing but issues with AT&T since i have attempted to get service. When i first ordered my services there were so many things that I didnt know (hidden fees) that i almost cancelled right away. For instance, needing a new modem, install fees, i needed a new phone jack placed in the wall, these are all things i didnt know about. Then on the day my services were supposed to be installed (4-08-2013) the technician dispatched to my home was given my new AT&T home phone number (that has yet to be installed) as my contact number so when he showed up to my house he called it (obviously with no answer) and left because i didnt come to my door. They were supposed to come back that evening, no show, they were supposed to come out on 4-9-2013, no show, then they finally showed on 4-10-2013 and installed the line. The technician was very good. He came back out on 4-11-2013 and finished the job. So i started to set up my internet and then it wouldnt work with my router so i had to spend the next 5 hours calling AT&T to try and figure out why the DSL modem wouldnt connect. Finally after dealing with the setup i finally got my internet to connect and work. Later that night my download speeds dropped to 5kbps when i assured to have 6mbps download speed. Now on 4-12-2013 (within 18 hours of having service) my DSL and home phone do not work. My phones lines are static and my DSL resets every minute. So now i have no home phone, no internet, no on demand feature with direct tv and no home security system all due to AT&T’s wonderful services. When i call to get it fixed they dont want to send a technician out until 4-15-2013. So now all these services that I am paying for I cant use. I am absolutely disgusted with AT&T.

My internet and home phone services went out on Saturday. I called ATT numerous times on sunday. They were suppose to send a technician. I had to borrow other peoples cell phones to call and use their minutes up. Every time I called ATT I had to go thru the automated phone services. I had to repeat every thing over and over every time I called (this took time on other people’s cell phones). I was placed on hold numerous times. The technician called and stated he wouldn’t be there that day. He would come the following morning. Which now is Monday. He spoke to my mother not myself. FINALLY, after numerous more calls and be putting on hold over and over and using other people’s cell phone’s and repeating myself for the 5th time, they finally had a tech. person show up Monday evening. He had no success. He changed wires inside home first. He checked wiring outside home. He drove down road and concluded it was an exterior problem which he could not take care of. He submitted a ticket to someone else at ATT. The 2nd tech. person showed up late evening. He found the bad connection down Blair St. EXTERIOR problem. He thought he fixed it. We had internet service when he left but still no phone. I stated this to him. He stated sometimes it takes a while to work. The phone worked for about 45 minutes that evening. The next morning NO PHONE SERVICE AGAIN. I called ATT back again Tuesday. I was very frustrated. Due to the fact I have my elderly mother living with me which has been sick. My house is up for sale and I could not have any contact by phone with the realtor. This is very frustrating. I called ATT back again Tuesday from my work because we do not have phone service at home. They stated someone would be there between 12 and 4 p.m. …I waited until approximately 9 p.m. Gave up and went to bed. I called ATT back again from my work on WEDNESDAY. Still no service. I called them back again on Thursday from my work. I asked to speak to a manager. They stated I had to have a call back number for later in order to take care of my problem. Really? This is why I am calling you from somewhere else and paying a monthly bill to you!! Finally they stated a tech. person would be there between 12 and 4 p.m. today (Thursday). I got home from work they had already been there. The phone is now working almost a wk. later. However, because the problem was found inside I will have to pay the $99 fee. I did not touch the wires that hook into anything. The first tech. person is the only person who worked with the wires. My internet and phone worked fine for a year. Then first 2 technicians agreed it was an exterior line on Blair St. Only the last technician said it was an interior issue (which is a $99 charge).
I feel as though this is terrible service from ATT. I was always satisfied with them before, but this experience with them has been a nightmare. I have not received a bill from them yet. However, I should not be billed at all. I missed a full days work and was on the phone with them 3 evenings. Therefore, I do feel they somewhat owe me!!

When the Phillies or the Eagles have a home game I get little or no cell service when I am in my home. I live in South Philadelphia in the shadows of both sports arena’s. My daughter is a RN and she is on call on weekends and most of the time the Eagles or Phillies are playing when this happens she is unable to receive any call or send any out same with me I cannot use my cell phone I asked AT&T to let me out of my contract with no cost to me they will not do it , I pay close to $300.00 a month for service and I feel I am being cheated they are stealing from me each month. Last year I tried a device that AT&T sent me it did not work . This is not fair I pay my bill every month and I have been a AT&T customer for over 15 years. I haven spoken to several AT&T employes and nobody can help with this matter, The only thing for me to do is to move on to Verizion they are not having this problem. I gave AT&T 2 years to fix this problem and still nothing .

Had to purchase a new phone.Went with the cheapy.You used to give this to me for free when I signed a new deal.When I got it home I could barely hear it more than a few feet away.(And no don’t dare ask me about the volume control)When I researched in the phone I discovered I only have a single ringtone! When I went to the app center I found I would have to pay 2.50 per month for a ringtone!
Let’s see now,you sold me a phone you knew was piss poor and that I would have to pay extra just to make it acceptable to me.
The reward here is for me to take my business elsewhere.The idea of rewarding someone who’s policies are an intentionally designed screwing is not acceptable to me.
So,screw you cocksuckers

Hi we have been loyal AT&T customers for a few years now. All way fine until we moved we currently have no signal anywhere especially in our house we have to go outside to place phone calls. This is wry unpractical as I have two young daughters. In fact when I went into labour with my second I could not contact my husband cause guess what no signal either at my house or where my husband works. We have complained several times to at&t however switching towers and booster thing does not work. We asked to cancel lines and switch provider as feel it’s unfair to pay for service that we are not reciving and it’s dangerous for me not to be able to contact anyone whilst at home with two little ones. However AT&T will not let us with out a 140 doller fee despite the fact we only have a few months left.

Before AT&T downgraded our Internet, it was OK, not great Internet. Now they have downgraded our area and we pay $33 a month for horrible service. Not just horrible but below horrible. I do work from home and it is almost impossible to get anything done as fast as I was doing, and that wasn’t that fast. I cannot believe that you,AT&T have the gall to charge $33 for a junk Internet service. When I was getting OK service I was paying $39. $6 less is way too much to pay for what I am getting now. If I could get something else for less I would be gone. I have already changed my phones because you upped my phone $50 more. AT&T, you are a mess!

I ordered a smart phone through Frontier Communications. Have now spent over 17 hours trying to clear up the confusion over my billing. Yesterday I was on my land line for 2 hours and 40 minutes regarding this situation with both Frontier and AT&T. I was billed by both Frontier and AT&T for a 507 area code (Grand Rapids, MI), and for a Land Line. Neither of these are correct.

I live in Edmonds, WA. The billing began on Feb. 8, 2013, and I did not receive the cell phone until Fe. 14, 2013. I paid the original bill to your company, and have also received two refund checks. Bill paid-$102.73, refund checks-$42.60, and $23.62. The cell phone # that I was given on Feb. 14th is area code 425. I requested a Senior Plan, confusion here as well.

I have never had a land line with AT&T. To date, I have now paid only $4 less than the bill from Frontier. I presume the Late Fee was dismissed–how very thoughtful of your company! It is obvious that my time and trouble has never been a consideration, and I am quite sure that if any other questions arise regarding your billing, I will throw the phone in the trash, cancel my service with both Frontier and AT&T.

Your disregard for customer satisfaction is blatant, and I am most unhappy.

I am customer with ATT from the last 20 years,ever since i moved to my present home in 2009,i have very poor ,week wireless signals most of the time the calls are dropping and dont have a single signal bar,i called millions time ATT and have been admitting they are planing to fix or install new tower in my area,and have many other complains as well,but at the same time,on the upper lever they wont do any thing,instead ignored.

i called again on april 1st,2013 ,i was on phone 2 hrs,after all that time,the tech dept,Amy tech support,completely ignored and lied to me that there is no problem in my area and refuses to fix and was very rude…… ATT is completely out of control and sucking our hard money and not sincere with customer ,its shame for that big company to ignore and ripp off customer with poor service

On Weds March 20 my DSL was disconnected by AT&T- not by my request. It took one week, 7 hours on the phone and talking to 15 different people before they were able to reconnect my DSL. It was an extremely frustrating experience and I worry now about a future unauthorized disconnect. How was this able to occur and why was it so difficult to resolve.

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with AT&T’ billing/customer service. I signed up with your wireless service, I am customer for over 5 years and every month I have to spend 1-2 hours dealing with your customer service/ billing. You have fraudulently, charged me for a service/subscription that I never ordered or applied. I am not sure how many previous bills have I been charged. Your billing is so complicated that without an accountant, it will be very hard to understand all the charges and prorated amounts.

I can’t spend 1-2 hours every month to fix your billing system issues and track all the credits and changes month by month. I am still working with your customer service. They told me I will get credit next month. This month they told me next month. Plan Changes: Data Plan automatically changed. New data plan added and then different charges prorated amounts with many dates made it so confusing that I can’t understand it. Customer service told me they can’t do anything because those are legal but can explain it to me how 2 months data plan be charged in one. They told me this is how prorated works. Well, I don’t understand.

DataPro 3GB for iPhone on 4G LTE with VVM 29.00CR. This plan is $30.00 per month. You removed this plan on 02/26. You received a credit for the days you did not use this plan 02/26 – 03/24. DataPlus 300MB for iPhone on 4G LTE with VVM 19.33. This plan is $20.00 per month. You added this plan on 02/26. You are charged at the new plan rate from 02/26 – 03/24. DataPro 3GB for iPhone on 4G LTE with VVM 29.00. This plan is $30.00 per month. You added this plan on 02/26. You are charged at the new plan rate from 02/26 – 03/24.

The problem is I have NEVER-EVER gotten a bill for the correct amount, every billing cycle I have to call to get the bill corrected. It takes several calls for me to get at least closer to what it is that I am supposed to pay.

First issue with that is that I don’t have the time to be on the phone to get a bill adjusted (when is supposed to be correct from the beginning) . I work full time Mon-Friday regular business hours, I have to use my 60 minute-2 hours every time I have to call. It is exhausting and this situation is getting old.

I feel like a recording, every month is the same issue. I have to repeat everything over and over from names of previous customer service representatives- supervisors, pieces of conversations, prices, what was said, what was being done. I am extremely dissatisfied with my service; all I have asked for from day one is that I get what I was promised. I don’t want any account credits; I don’t want any unnecessary service.

My bottom line is that I don’t care who has to take care of my issues, but somebody has to do something; As a customer I have rights, I am entitled to get a service I was offered. If you as a company are not going to honor a product-service package you are advertising than you need to shut down your business.

It is not fair for people like me that struggle through life trying to make a decent living that companies are trying to get advantage of us stealing our money- making fake offers. I want you to do an audit of all my bills since I am customer and send me a confirmation about any/all fraudulent charges for subscriptions you added to my account without my permission. I am so frustrated that I told them to cancel all my phone lines and they did it in a heartbeat.

I want the service I was offered, a simple bill that I can understand, and/ or the opportunity to cancel my contract without any penalties or fees.

ATT uverse is a rip off, I want to warn every last one of YOU not to sign up for their service. When I moved into my apartment several months ago I had no choice but to sign up for their bundled package including phone, internet, and a television services. I have to say that the first month was cheap as expected, then the horror started.

Each month my uverse bill went up, and each month ATT was harder and harder to call on the phone. I was tired of being put on hold, only to have to threaten to cancel just to get part of my money back.  It’s funny how the words “terminate” can make you money with their outsourced customer service reps. Just threaten to cancel and they give you all kinds of discounts.

Why don’t big companies like ATT care about the customer anymore!?

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with AT&T’ u-verse (billing/customer service). I am a relatively a new customer, I signed up with your U-VERSE bundle service because after researching carefully and calling different companies you offered the best- internet/cable deal. That is exactly when all my problems began.

I am a single mother of two that currently lives in a budget. All my bills and expenses were planned based on how much I could pay for each- my cable/ internet budget was 75 to $80 per month; based on that my search for company that could fulfill my expectations begun. I came across many dif companies that offered similar plans but because AT&T offered the best I signed up with you- <<also the fact that the AT&T is a reliable and well known company.

After the first bill everything change. When I signed up I was offered a combined bill $72.99 per month (out of which internet was 14.95 and 1 year contract with $57.99. The problem is I have gotten a bill for the correct amount, every billing cycle I have to call to get the bill corrected. It takes several calls for me to get at least closer to what it is that I am supposed to pay. First issue with that is that I don’t have the time to be on the phone to get a bill adjusted (when is supposed to be correct from the beginning) . I work full time Mond-Friday regular business hours, I have to use my 15minute breaks and my 30 minute lunch every time I have to call. It is exhausting and this situation is getting old.

I feel like a recording, every month is the same issue. I have to repeat everything over and over from names of previous customer service representatives- supervisors, pieces of conversations, prices, what was said, what was being done. Finally AT&T sends me because is their billing (they can change charges/ they don’t understand why their bill is different <>. I am lucky whenever I get a customer service rep that cares enough and tries to help.
I am extremely dissatisfied with my service; all I have asked for from day one is that I get what I was promised. I don’t want any account credits; I don’t want free fancy movie channels, all I requested was 1 Spanish channel and some cartoons channels.

They give me a monthly $5 credit (but I have to call every month for it), a whole different deal, they always say they can do anything, they don’t have such package, they can’t do anything about my bill (and they send me back to AT&T because I did not signed up for services.

My bottom line is that I don’t care who has to take care of my issues, but somebody has to do something; whether is AT&T or whomever I want my bill to be correct without me having to call every month. As a customer I have rights, I am entitled to get a service I was offered. If you as a company are not going to honor a product-service package you are advertising than you need to shut down your business. It is not fair for people like me that struggle through life trying to make a decent living that companies are trying to get advantage of us stealing our money- making fake offers.

I want the service I was offered, and/ or the opportunity to cancel my contract without any penalties or fees.

On January 22nd at approximately 4:45 pm, I attempted to use my phone and there was no dial tone! Nothing! I went to my door and noticed an A T & T U Verse van across the street. I yelled to the driver who was busy packing to end his day, and asked if he had messed with my telephone line. His reply, in essence, was “No. Not yours. But I did notice your line on the pole seemed to have some activity possibly made by squirrels or chipmunks. You should call and inform them.” Being of unsound mind, I returned to my phone site but of course had no signal so how could I call them. Your prompt attention to this matter will be appreciated.

I went to AT&T store on sahara and decatur, las vegas, NEVADA. I spoke to their manager (Mitchell) and sales rep (Natalie) regarding about my extra charge on my monthly billing. I was paying extra charge of 9.99 monthly since July 2010, the charges was about celebrity games. The manager checked my billing history and told my that I was paying it since July 2010, he told me that you have to call customer service and there is nothing he can help me and I was told from (Natalie) that it is my fault for not checking my monthly charges, she stated that our company has million of customers and we don’t have time to check everyone. The manager just walk out and stated that you can give customer service because I can’t not help you. Called customer service and they said that they can only give me 6 months refund, I wanted them to do right way, give me my full refund and at least apologize for the way I was treated. I was been with this company for a while now and I expect them to be honest and professional.

I purchased an I phone 4 plus case and car charger from the AT&T store in Gulfport, Ms. The salesman picked out the car charger and put in my bag. They were out of phones so it was shipped to me. When I received the phone and tried the car charger it did not fit. He had picked out and sold me one for the I phone 5.

So I went to the store in D’Iberville,Ms, the Manager Jason Holder was very RUDE and would not exchange the charger. I understand if he could not exchange the charger, but he did not have to be rude and abrupt. But I should have known, we have never had any good experiences at the AT&T stores. We are only with your service becauce my husband was with AT&T thru Northrop Grumman and the nice folks at Sams Club.

Based on my expereinces You would be better off closing the AT&T stores. While looking for your complaint email I found many other folks have had problems at the stores. I must say I have had good service on the phone, but the stores are your reputation. Please call me for a follow up. My husband does not appreciate someone being unnecessariarly rude to me.

I am sure your company is grateful for my business however I am not grateful to have switch to AT&T from COX. I have had issue after issue with your company and the only service you provide me is internet. I signed up through DirecTV and had to use your company for internet since they did not provide this service. Its took me 3 weeks to get a modem as your company kept pushing back the date of delivery which was a hassle since I work from home and that was my only source of income.

It was around the holidays and I lost 3 weeks of pay to contribute to my family. Finally after consistently pushing them they sent a tech out with a modem. He then started complaining that the wiring was a mess. I questioned this since I had COX there for years and the service was flawless. He made a mess in one of the rooms with wires and we had to walk around them for a week because we did not want to move them. After I had pushed to get this modem the person on the phone stated I would not have to pay for installation. I confirmed this 3 times with him because I was so upset. He stated he made the notes.

We then went a week with out internet (Making 4 Weeks no pay for my job), because the modem was faulty. They bought out another one and it finally worked. But then the technician told me that I needed to mail the faulty modem back or would be charged for the cost of the equipment, He gave us no box or return label just a location and stated they would know what to do with it. We spent a total of 5 days trying to go back and forth between this location, other locations and your customer service department because when trying to mail back every location provided turned us away. Finally we got a hold of a person who emailed us a label, (WOW this would have save me precious time from the beginning). And we finally got it mailed.

Now my problem is with billing. I set on the phone for over 2 hours and 53 minutes trying to get it resolved with this department because I was told by DirecTV it would cost me $19.95 a month for internet through your company and the bill I received was over $200.00, Now I have a 2nd bill because I haven’t paid the first one due to trying to get it resolved, and the total bill is now almost $500.00, really for internet. Your company is charging me over $200.00 a month. Installation is still being charged from what I see. The person I spent all this time on the phone with must have given up because he sent me back to customer service and at this point I was not willing to sit on the phone another 3 hours to start all over again.

If this issue is not resolved you can cancel my service and I will go through DirectTV since they do have an addition 3rd party internet provider, but I choose your company since my cell phones are through AT&T, which I have had over 13 years by the way. Same numbers and same account. Switching to your company has not only caused me financial issues but stress and strain. No one should have to spend this much time trying to get help.

I purchased an iphone5 and a contract (2 yr) on my husbands discount site for AT & T. Well they sent me an email for confirmation and when I got the first bill and all subsequent bills the discounts were not as stated on the confirmation email. I contacted you and was told that the discounts can’t be give on the phone charge even though the confirmation email shows it.
I want to know why your company is allowed to get away with disceptive (fraudelant) contracting. Because I am now committed to a 2 yr contract that is not what was originally agreed to.

My husband and I were in the store to order new phones, and the red Nokia 920 cell that I wanted was not in stock. It had been ordered for me, and arrived within the week just as I was told it would. I want to express my sincere disappointment in the wait time of almost 2 hours–I experienced when picking up my cell phone from the store. The excessive wait I experience occurred at the store on Atlantic Boulevard, Jacksonville, Florida. My original salesman, Robert was not at fault! He, actually was the only salesperson working when I walked into the empty store that had one other customer. There was a young girl at the front (I guess a greeter) and three, yes three other gentlemen (sales, or managers—do not know) fiddling with merchandise display boards on the walls in the store.

Since I saw Robert was busy, I went to the opposite side of the store after I noticed another salesman come from the back, Robert was still working diligently with his customer, so I asked this other salesman about my phone order. He said he was busy on the phone in the back, with a customer but would help. Another 10 minutes or so had passed when Robert came over acknowledged me, and said he would be with me in a moment—he was still engaged with the customer he had been working with since I had come in.

What was extremely frustrating was three, yes three others (who obviously were employees )fiddling with taking down and changing (advertising) wall boards while a customer waited, and waited for over an hour! They found that task more important to do than waiting on a paying customer (and needless to say phones and phone service is not cheap). I worked in retail for 15 years, and that type of work they found so important to do at that particular time–while a customer was left unattended seemed to demonstrate poor managerial decision-making, and equally poor customer service.

My whole experience in the store took almost 2 hours! One hour plus of waiting, and another approximately 45 minutes, because the “voice mail” was not operating correctly. Robert was working feverishly with tech support on the phone, and I waited outside in my car. By now I was too upset because I had many errands to do on my day off, and this was taking way too long for a store that had only me in it at this time. About 15 minutes later I returned inside the store, and Robert informed me the voice mail problem had been solved. When I asked how, he told me another salesman (maybe one of the three wall fiddling guys?) help him out. Once again, my salesperson Robert, was wonderful. But his co-workers seem to give him no visible support until…well, I do not know who or when, but I think it is reprehensible that no one helped him out before so much time had elapsed.

Separately, I was given as part of a promotion–a free black wireless charger. When I had inquired about a red wireless charger to match the red phone I was picking up, I was told only white or black was available. Right about the time the whole pick-up, and voice mail debacle had been satisfied (approximately 2 hours later), one of the “wall” guys came out with a piece of paper with a item number on it, and remarked—you can get the red, but it’ll cost you $50.00, and then he returned to wherever without another word being said.

This felt insulting to me because he had made no effort to help in any mode or manner previously in the last several hours, and when he did speak to me—it was to ask for more money. More $$$ for that type of service was just appalling, and left me really dismayed with the entire transaction.

I called customer service tonight and spoke to a cancellation dept. associate as well as her manager. I believe her name was Sara. My husband recently passed away on 9/1/12 and he had a wireless contract that expires this June. I have been cutting my expenses and have cancelled my landline so I’ve been using the cell number and paying my bills on time every month.

My daughter has offered to pay for a cell phone for me with her current provider to help save me money, therefore me calling AT&T to ask how to cancel my late husband’s contract and waive the termination fee. I was told by both people I spoke to that they cannot do that because I have used the phone for my own purposes.

I was trying to do the right thing and let them know why I wanted to cancel and they said that I would be responsible for the fee because he was my husband. I did not sign any contract and in fact it took my husband to call AT&T to even discuss any issues over the phone with me before anyone would even talk to me.

So why is that different that he was the primary provider and unless he gave permission for anyone to speak to me he had to give his consent. I thought that AT&T would have been more sympathetic to my circumstances but apparently not.

I work in a customer service field and I would hate to think that the company I work for would treat someone this way. I will continue paying the $75 a month, even though it will be a hardship for me, and believe me I will cancel the day the contract is up and tell everyone I know about the service you get from AT&T.

I closed my at&t account and paid my final bill of 21.66, and they say i owe them 5900 + dollars, for international calls,I thought I was on international calling plan but I guess not, but why was I not told of this outrageous amount earlier? I am unable tolog into my account online now, and i ask if they can reduce it and they say no, I ask about getting on a payment plan and they say no, I have no way to get that kind of money, SHAME ON AT&T, I filed a complaint with the fcc and I will be filing a complaint with the better business beareu, I will dispute any negative marks on my credit report, customer service is terrible, and i get put on hold for 30 minutes, THANKS FOR ALL THE EXTRA STRESS

On December 27,2012 around 12:10 p.m. about my service been cut off , and a representative came to the phone and stated it was because the payment arrangments had been broken. I was shock because my payment wasn’t due until the at Friday but she stated it was due on he Dec. 24,2012 and I told her know way because I didn’t get paid until that Friday. She stated know when your phone is turned off you need th full past due payment or you need to speak to a Supervisor and I said OK. I waited about five minutes for a rude SUPERVISOR Mrs. Jennifer Banks ID-JB330 and I explainted to hear the reason for wanting to speak with her and she didn’t hear my story it was basic pay the past due or that is it, but I would like for someone to pull the phone call because it was just too much to talk about. Found out on my bill they had been charging me for a phone I never had was explaining her the situation and she stated you should have been looking at your bill and you will have seen the charges. She had me on hold for twenty minutes reviewing my acct. and told her I was at work thinking she would have said let me call you back when i complete my investation but no she made me wait. I think the part that really took the cake was I was so mad was crying and she didn’t even care she stated everytime you call seem to never understand but I told no one person understand on the same level and you can hear everything in the tape. Also stated you want to cancel your service right know instead of trying to work with me and I’ve been with the company two years and my contract will be on Dec.31,2012 and I will not renew my service. If she is talking to her valuable customer how in the world is she treating her employees if you continue to have on your staff look for decrease in sales, and serious customer complaints. Please I strongly urge to listen to the tape so you can understand my sorrow having to leave ATT because of a rude,rude, supervisor. Just think how many times this could of happen and know wanted to get involved with the complaint but it doesn’t hear will e-mail the CEO of the company if this what it will take for someone to remove her from the Supervisor position.

I have been a customer for about three months the first bill I was charged 72.00 including insurance I did not sign up for. I called they said I would get a credit but I had to still pay the 72.00 which was debited out of my bank account. was very upset. The next bill comes I have a 25.00 credit but has been double billed for services bill total comes to 101.00, I was so mad, I called and was told I was double billed and it was a glitch he would take off the extra 40.00 that I did not owe, he even connected me to the billing office where I was told they would only charge my account 61.00. I got charged 81.00 out of my account. I was signed to a bundle home phone and internet for 48.00 plus extra 10 for modem. I cant afford to be debited out of my account random amounts. then get a credit but bill me more next month. I was told this was the best service to have. I decided to try AT@T. I have been upset every month since I have had them with this bill. I would like the extra 20.00 I was charged to be put back on my account. I want to be charged what I agreed to nothing more or less my bill should not be more than 62.00 or less. This is not very good service, adding insurance and then constantly over billing making me pay and offering credits that dont make a difference because you get that back in bogus billing . My address is 116 Engleman ave apt G, Burlington, N.C. 27215

AT&T hijacked my yahoo e mail and replaced it with their own, added several addresses to my contact list and will not accept them as legal addresses, i want my yahoo e mail page back and i want AT&T the hell off my computer and out of my life, they are as bad as the U>S> government about being obnoxious, arrogant and great rip off artist. you also have a stupid way of making this site hard to use.

I called At&T on December 7th 2011 to inquire when my contract end date was. I was told by the CSR my wireless contract would end January 4, 2012. I wanted to change services. I cancelled my contract the day after the informed date and later received a bill for $1000 in cancellation fees.

I called to inquire about the bill and was informed that my contract did end January4th on MY cell phone, however the contract end date on the other 3 phones on my account did not. Hence, the cancellation fess for each phone! They had a record that I had infact called AT&T on December 7th, but since they could not verify the content of the conversation I was liable for the fees. OMG! Really? How stupid do you have to be.

Why would I intentionally cancel 4 phones early?? I wrote several complaint letters and NEVER received one reply. Oh wait, yes I did, when they sent my account to collections!!! I had to pay the fees to save my credit. But I think it is an outrage that #1 cancellation fees are ridiculous expensive for no reason #2I never received one reply from AT&T #3 they are so stupid and lack any common sense to realize I called to find out when the contract on my ENTIRE ACCOUNT ended!

It seems absolutely absurd that in order to speak to someone about telephone problems, you have to wait ten minutes (at least) in order to speak to anayone, and then sometimes, you are cut off, or you deal with someone who is clueless as to what the problem may be.

I have had AT&T just about all of my adult life, and have been a very loyal customer. I recently got my wife an upgrade, and got the Apple I phone 4S. I was planning on doing the same thing for myself, but I couldn’t until July of 2013. I let my son use my upgrade a while back, and because of that, I can’t get one. I know we have to have rules, but for a customer who has been with you well over 20 years, you would think you could make an exception.

TI am writing this letter regards to AT&T monthly service hidden charges. I been with AT&T U-verse Internet Service for many years. However recently I realized they are applying hidden charges to take full advantage of there customers. Month of April 2012 I was behind on my monthly payment for few hours and as I realized disconnected internet service; with in second I paid $29.99 service charges. However, I was reviewing my monthly bill online and realized AT&T charging $30 restoring fee, $5 late fee and $5 convenient fee.

Added all up to $40 extra fee charges that is more than 130% late fees charges top of monthly bill. So I called AT&T customer service and spoke with Katrina id# MJ6810; First she refused to understand my question and than she applied by saying these are AT&T terms and conditions. So I asked to speak with manager to understand why AT&T charging more than 130% late fees charges top of monthly bill of $29.99; total = $69.99. Manager Name:

Sandy id# SS11E, spoke with me for more than 30th minutes however same respond. (“130% fees charges is AT&T term and condition and we are following the company policy.”). I asked please explain what and how AT&T asking 130% late fee charges and what work AT&T did in few hours that costing me 130% late fees charges. In return no clear respond; so I asked to speak with her manager. Sandy asked me to wait for 24 hours for her manager to call me back. I am very surprised and disappointed with AT&T customer service. AT&T is taking full advantage of there customer and if you ask a explanation, AT&T respond to wait for a phone call.

Please AT&T I am requesting further more information regards to this issue. Also during 2011 I had many times disconnected internet service which I had called several times. I need copies of all the work orders and complaints I made during 2011.

I bought a iphone and case from an AT&T store for my wife. The wife wanted a different case. A few weeks went by and I tried to return it. There was a 30min wait! There were only about 15 customers in the store! I said, why don’t you have a register that caters to quick transactions like a refund.

They were like, ya, that would be better, but we don’t. I got upset and left. I tried again a few weeks later and the same thing. Too long of a wait. I tried again a few months later in the morning and they said they can’t do a return past 30 days. Weak! Any other big box store would be like, “ok, let’s see what we can do”. And maybe offer me a store credit.

But no, not the AT&T store. I have a family plan cell phone service, U-Verse (with cable and internet) and a home phone all through AT&T. And now I’m really ticked off over a dumb $25 case. What I probably hate the most of the situation is there is nobody to complain to within that organization. There is nobody to stick it to. Just left here to simmer in my angst.

The reason not listing name is no one returns AT&T  compliants in past. Many citizens here in town have continually complained about the service at the store at IH45 and SH 30.I have been a customer a long time both landline, mobile, and work mobile. I filed a previous compliant on same store two years ago trying to get my work phone fixed cause of problems. They did nothing for me. I even purchased my phone from that AT&T store.

I had to go to Bryan and get it fixed and they were friendly. Had problems a few months later and went back to the Huntsville store to no avail. I went to Bryan and made it work. Was told it would probably have problems down the road. The Bryan AT&T store worked with me and I upgraded and got an iphone. No thanks to the store in Huntsville where I lived that did not care about my business.

Seems all they ever want is sell sell. One of my sons needed a phone. Could not work with the local store, just guess where we had to go. I then took my second son to the store in The Woodlands because local $300 or so dollars because it was not covered under AT&T insurance. I asked is that all they had and told yes. I asked about rebuilt phones and she then said store had rebuilt (cheaper phones) in one section on wall. OK we going to buy him one. She asked for the phone number and gave her number.

She asked name and told her under wife’s name cause under family plan. She said that she had to call her to get vertified, I told her not necessary because the other locations when purchased phones never asked it, all AT&T and better service. If it was not an emergenccy cause he needed the phone when going to work early in morning, I would not have purchased from the Huntsville store because of their rotten service. I called my wife on my cell phone and handed it to the girl to get whatever she wanted.

Big Mistake–Why–Read this and if it does not upset you then I know you will not take any action against this store here. I get my phone back from her, did not listen to their conversation. She ask for the money and I pay her. I then get a phone call from my other son who asked what has happened to my son. He tells me this woman from AT&T cause about needing info and phone broken. Whatever was said, my wife thought something serious happened.

I was speaking with another customer that knew me inside the AT&T store when this happened and waiting to get the phone set up. I tell my son on the phone what happended because my wife was out of town at his town. He tells me the call upset her and she got worried. I get home and talk to the manager named Andrew and tell him how upset I am. He said he can relate, but it is FFC rules that all this had to be answered, this is bull.

I told him this because I have been in the store before seeing other AT&T customers getting stuff update when husband not with wife and no calls required. I have only experienced two people in the Huntsville store since they opened that have good servie and none of them management.Your current manager is not customer friendly at all. He would argue over the phone. Now do you see what kind of problem you have here, many people would like the store to be more customer friendly.

It will be a long while before I step back in this store because I do not wish to support it because of its bad personel. I will continue to use Bryan and the Woodlands like so many here because of the friendlier staffs.

I was told that if I switched to AT & T high speed internet service that I would get a $100 rebate check for the modem that I was billed for which would make the modem free. This was not the case. After being on the phone for almost 2 hours I was then offered a $30 credit on my bill or I could hold and talk to a supervisor regarding the rebate I was offered.

I opted to hold and the lady in consumer affairs stated they did not offer me that deal and that she would be will to give me $87.05 for the inconvience but I would have to pay for the shipping which was $12.95 I informed her that I should not have to pay for shipping when I was told it would cost me nothing to receive the modem. I am so mad because I have now cancelled my time warner account to switch to AT & T and I did not receive what wast offered to me and also my internet hardly works it kicks me out every 15-30 mins.

This is the second time they have promised me a rebate and they never send any rebate the first time was in I think 2008 when U-Verse was fairly new in my area and they promised me a rebate for signing up for service and when I called to inquire about the rebate they had no clue of what I was talking about.

(1) I signed up for the $14.95 a month internet access plan. I was told that I would have to pay more at the start but then I would receive credits for the over payments in a few months. DID NOT HAPPEN! (2) I was told that I had to pay $100.00 for their modumn, even though I had several of my own already, but that I would receive a $100.00 rebate check in a few months. DID NOT HAPPEN!

(3) Several months later my mother died unexpectedly. Then after 8 months I had to move in with my father, who is going blind, to take care of him. When I called to cancel my service I was told that because of the circomstances I would not be charge the early disconect fee of $75.00. Since I had a credit I was told that it would take a few months to get the check sent to me. DID NOT HAPPEN!

(4) My November 2011 bill showed a $160.00 CREDIT! I heard nothing during December 2011. I had the service cut off and moved out midway through December. I received a LAST BILL in January stating a $55.00 CREDIT. (5) I went by the AT&T store outside the Beavercreek Mall, Beavercreek, Ohio). The person there called and talked to someone else and I was told that the statement was correct and that nothing more could be done for me since my account has been zeroed out.

(6) How can my bill go down $105.00 for only 2 – 3 weeks of internet usage, in December, that was suppose to be only $14.95 per month? Also, what good is a $55.00 credit or any credit when I no longer have AT&T? I was warned by many people no to go with AT&T but the sales lady was very nice and convenceing. I have sure learned a lesson!

It has been about a year and a half since I contacted AT&T to partake in their promotional ad for a $14.95 DSL internet special. I called AT&T on November 15, 2010 to be included in this special, and was told that special installations would have to be done before the special could take place. I scheduled an appointment for this installation on November 19, 2010 and received excellent service from the serviceman. However, it became obvious that after three months, AT&T failed to honor that special DSL rate.

When I received my February 2011 statement, I saw that the bill reflected such a high rate I decided to call to find out why there was such an increase from the previously quoted promotional rate. After talking to at least seven (7) different representatives and being placed on hold for as much as 10 to 15 minutes at a time, I was told there was no record of my every being given the special. In fact, there was no record of any serviceman being dispatched to my home for DSL service installation.

Although I have expressed my dismay regarding the decision that there was no record of the November 2010 promotional offer, I was willing to accept another offer with some type of credit for the error ($19.95). Several representatives told me they could not offer any credit from the previous error because there was no record of my request. Also, I was told that AT&T did not expect so many customers to try to take advantage of this offer, so they did not have the staff necessary to man this offer.

After several calls, I was told that the situation was being looked into, and someone would get back with me shortly. I have tried to contact someone/anyone regarding this situation for over a year now, but to no avail. I just wanted to let AT&T know that I needed to work out a plan with them that I could better afford. Nonetheless, I kept getting charged whatever AT&T wanted to charge me and no offer to work with me regarding these charges.

I have been a valued customer for over nine years now, and would like to have AT&T contact me to work out some type of credit arrangements to continue my phone service. The land phone service has been discontinued because of the DSL dispute.

To whom it may concern, My 83 year-old mother, who lives in Jacksonville, FL, is having a very bad experience with her AT&T service. Because of some health concerns, we recently moved her from a house she’s lived in since 1953, to a retirement facility. I will tell you up front, that she doesn’t like change, and doesn’t do well with change. She has had the same phone # since 1953, and we were hoping she could keep this #, for sentimental reasons, and to have one less stress during this difficult time.

I went down to FL, to help her move, after Christmas, and on December 28th, 2011, I called AT&T, to transfer phone service. The representative told me, that to keep her old phone #, she would have to switch to U-verse. So I agreed. She proceeded to tell me that my mother wouldn’t have service until January 20th 2012. My mother moved on December 29, 2011, and had only her cell phone, which doesn’t work well in her new apartment. Then, on January 20th, she received a huge box of equipment that she was supposed to hook up to get her service. She said the box was so big, that she couldn’t lift it, and had to get help to get it in her apartment.

She didn’t know what to do with it, and really didn’t want it, because it took up too much toom in her tiny apartment. My mother has a computer, but doesn’t use it, and doesn’t want to use it. She only wants phone service. On January January 23rd, I called AT&T, and literally spent all day on the phone, between getting put on hold, or getting disconnected, and talking to about six different people. I was very frustrated, and my mom was so stressed out and depressed, I was very worried about her. I told AT&T that didn’t want U-verse or the equipment, and to switch her back to traditional AT&T service.

They told me that they could do that, and she could keep her old phone #, and she would have service, as soon as she called a phone # and activated her phone. Well she couldn’t get a dial tone to do that. Finally, a new friend of her, an 89 year-old man, who is retired from AT&T, spent hours on the phone, and found out that to switch back to AT&T, she can’t keep her old phone #. She is supposed to get service on Febuary 3rd.

I hope that my mother will not be charged for service, for the last month, since she hasn’t had any service. I also hope that someone from AT&T can come and take away the U-verse equipment for her, at no charge. I am in Fort Mill, SC, a six-hour drive away, and am not able to do this for her. Your assistance in this unfortunate matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well it all started the day I decided to get AT&T wireless internet, I go to the store and the girl there was either anxious to sell me a router or did not know what she was doing,because she charged me and said thank you and was on my way, so i get home and i called cust service, And they tell me i had to go back to the store to verify my id i dont live close by actually i live very far from the nearest store so i asked if there was anything they could do, and they did they tell me it is scheduled to be done in two days. So i wait and nothing happened so i called back apperently there was a mix up so they rescheduled it finally I get my AT&T internet connected so i think everything is OK.

Then I look at my bill and to start off I was set up in the 19.99 plan the pro plan and was getting charged 82.50 so i called to complain and they fix it so it was done after a while I was getting charged the amount I was told until now, they are charging me 35.57 for Nov and 86.10 for Dec I asked why and without telling me they changed the plan and they stated that they sent me emails when I didn’t even get one now I am trying to resolve this problem and AT&T keeps hanging up on me or transferring me to the main line.

This is ridiculous I have been on the line for three hours now and they haven’t been able to fix my problem.Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently, I requested a MAC order to disconnect my existing DSL service and have new DSL service installed on my home phone line. The customer service representative was very happy to assist me in this request and told me the new DSL service would be up and running by Wednesday, November 2, 2011. It was. On November 10th I talked to Shawna from AT&T and had them disconnect my original DSL line, explaining to her I now had DSL service on my home phone line. She told me that would take a couple of days to take effect but they would pro-rate the disconnect to November 7th since I was already using the new service since November 2nd.

On Saturday, November 12th I lost both DSL services. When I called the tech services department on Monday, Ken told me he would find out what happened and call me back. I waited for his call and when he never returned the call I tried to call back. Unfortunately, not only was my DSL disconnected but now my home phone service was also disconnected. A tech came to my house on Tuesday to see why I was having DSL problems and told me there was nothing he could do without phone service. I finally got a hold of Jeremy at 10:45 for a reconnection.

He told me both lines were disconnected because I was deceased. I assured him I was not deceased and requested that the phone be reconnected. He did this and I was up and running within 30 minutes. Unfortunately, now my DSL was not. Jeremy didn’t know why this did not come back also and sent me to Sara who in turn sent me to Brad in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Brad could not figure out why the DSL was not working either and sent me to Jason in Texas. Jason worked on the problem for a while, could not get an answer and sent me to Martin in San Francisco. Mind you, it is now 12:07 PM. I have been talking on my cellular phone all the while and using up my minutes (by the way it is NOT an AT&T plan). Martin finally explained to me that when they reconnected my phone service even though I have the same phone number, I now have a new account number, which in turn needs a new DSL order to be completed. In light of this, he, being tech support, cannot complete that request and sent me back to Carla in Chicago.

Carla, I may add, should NOT be in customer service. She was the rudest person during this whole ordeal. As I told her my story and requested to have new DSL service on my new reconnected, old phone number, new account telephone line, she informed me that DSL was no longer available in my area. It was strange to me that I had just had DSL service two days prior to this. As I informed her of this she continued to talk, very loudly, over me and said I could not have my DSL back. I explained all my neighbors had DSL, how could this be? She said I would now have to get U Verse.

When I explained to her I didn’t want U Verse, I wanted DSL she told me I could not have it. After asking to speak to a supervisor and waiting another 20 minutes, she told me that one was not available to speak with and she would “see what she could do”. She came back on the line and informed me she would put in a request for the DSL to be enabled again in my home but would not have an answer for me until late Thursday, November 17, or Friday, November 18, morning. Mind you this is Tuesday, November 15.

I have been a satisfied AT&T customer up until now. I work from my home so not only am I unable to work, I could not receive any phone calls on Monday or Tuesday until around noon, and I have used my cellular phone minutes on basically one telephone call to AT&T that lasted 2 hours. I would hope you would reconfigure your customer service to have it done locally again. In fact, Steve, another AT&T rep called from the Philippines on Wednesday night trying to get me some answers! Unfortunately, he couldn’t either.

Jeff, the local tech who did come to my house was the most helpful representative in this scenario; one man out of six representatives in five states and over seas who was able to explain and help me.

Of course Friday came and left. I finally called Internet Services on Friday, November 18, at 6:00 p.m. Veronica, in the Chicago office, was more than happy to set up new DSL service for me. Unfortunately, she was unable to have it “installed” until Monday, November 28th at 8:00 p.m.

Not only did Carla, who told me I could not have DSL because it was no longer available in my area, did not return my call as she said she would, she also gave me false information that I could not longer have DSL and I now have to wait another week before it is installed. I feel if I would have placed the order on Tuesday when this all happened, I could have been up and running the week of November 21st instead of waiting another week.

After going to my local library to check my email, since I had no internet service, I found that AT&T had sent me a customer satisfaction survey. Only after filling it out with all dissatisfied responses did Nick, a representative call me on November 21st to see why I was dissatisfied. I told him my whole story but of course he could offer me nothing except sorry for my inconvenience.

Well, Monday, November 28th comes, still no new modem/router sent by AT&T. Finally at 4:00 UPS delivers the modem while a tech is here. He connects it and everything seems to be working fine. Tuesday and Wednesday everything is working fine. I am able to connect to work from my home. Thursday comes. I am able to work until 8:30 PM when the modem shuts down and gives me an error page saying something is in the DSL line/filter. I call tech support. 45 minutes later the tech, Don, ticket #G02398027, is able to reset the modem remotely. At 11:00 PM it happens again. I call tech support again, ticket #G02410072, but this time the technician tells me its outside my house on the DSL line after he had already “pinged” the modem. How can he ping the modem if there is a problem at the box outside the house? So, needless to say, I lost an hour of work time due to this outage.

I decided to trouble shoot myself. I unplugged the modem, waited the standard 15-20 seconds, and restarted my computer and it worked fine. Friday evening I decided to use my laptop to go online. Again, the modem would not recognize my wireless laptop. I had to restart the modem to reconfigure it. That worked. I feel the problem is in this modem not in my DSL line/filter. I had this line and filter since the end of October without a line problem. I have researched online thinking maybe I needed a firmware update or software update but couldn’t find any. Most of the forums I was able to read on say this is a bad modem with nothing but problems. Personally, I think it is much slower than my original DSL service.

On Sunday, December 4th I received my AT&T U verse statement. It has charges of $183.30 for service dates of 11/28 to 11/30/2011. On November 18th at 6:00 PM when I spoke with Veronica from the Chicago office to set up my service, she told me the charges would be $19.95 a month for 12 months and that AT&T would waive the modem fee of $100 because I told her I had a modem and didn’t need a new one. I was also charged a $36.00 activation fee, which if AT&T hadn’t disconnected me because I was deceased, I would never have lost my original DSL service to start with!!

I spoke with Donna Dunigan on Monday, December 5th, from Chicago. Explained my billing concerns and she referred this issue to her supervisor, Mrs. Cox, who is to return my call within 24 hours. She did explain to me that the service was at $19.95 a month ($43.00 fee plus $23.05 bill credit). Although I was charged $4.30 for November 28-30. $19.95 a month divided by 30 days is only $2.01 NOT $4.30.

My wife and I have been an AT&T wireless customer since the release of iphone 3GS. For this period of over 2 years, we had terrible reception causing missing and dropped calls for both lines. At our house, we can’t receive most calls. Upon the introduction of iphone 4S, we decided to switch. Before the termination(a couple of weeks prior to our billing cycle end date 25th of the month), I called AT&T regarding prorating the last month’s charges. Initially, the CS rep told me I had to pay for the complete month even if I cancel before the billing cycle.

I told him that it does not make sense that I have to pay for the days that I’m not longer an AT&T customer and specially having to endure poor service for over 2 years. He checked with his supervisor and informed me that a final bill will be generated upon cancellation with prorated charges.

On Nov 4th 2011, I called AT&T to cancel my wife and my lines. The CS Rep again told me that I had to pay for the entire months. Then I repeat the same conversation and told him I had called previously and was informed the final bill will be prorated. After talking to the supervisor, he told me that the charges will be prorated for my wife and my line. However, I can leave my son’s line(additional line) and only pay $9.99 for the remaining of the bill cycle.

On Nov 9th 2011, I called to cancel my son’s line as well. Again I had to go through the same conversation regarding the prorated charges and the rep finally informed me the final bill will be prorated for all the lines.

On Dec 28th 2011, I decided to call AT&T since I still have not received my last bill. The CS rep again informed me I had to pay for the entire month. We went through the same conversation and pointed out to her that I had 3 previous called to AT&T regarding this issue. However, she refuses to accept that citing there is no prorating last month for pre paid customer. This completely does not make sense to penalize good standing customer that paying for the bill on time either month. I told her that I will only pay for the 10 days of usage for my wife and my lines and 15 days for my son’s line.

I would like to see if others have experience similar issue. I plan to file formal compliant to PUC for this unfair business practices and poor customer service. I will also send this same post to AT&T via email and US postal mail customer service as well.

I called Att for computer service only and ended up with bundle. I received the bill and found out it was two times the amount promised. I lost some services I already had. the tv, and computer freeze and have to be boosted or restarted with start up repair. The telephone has about a 12 sec. pause after the number is dialed. The entire service shut down All the boxes blank and cause all the lights in the house to blank and the telephone shuts off and flashes. The telepnone voice flash the number on tv is the only thing work cannot check numbers or any thing. The tv keep recording one program cannot stop can only erase. Have not received any rewards for the entire bundle as promised.

The tech service is a joke they were out 3 times and wanted to be payed when they needed to come out again to fix what they messed up when the were out.

5/16/11 First I was not made aware that MacAfee was expiring or did expire, I don’t read spam or popups, if I get a message that upgrades were ready to install, I would click install. I was online with several different service techs 3 of which remotely took over my computer, after those 3 could not repair my problem, I got a fella who didn’t seem to know what he was doing, I told all concerned that I did not want to lose my documents or pictures. His first comment was we need to reformat your computer, I said don’t you understand I don’t want to lose everything. I asked him if he really knew what he was doing (job wise) I have been a customer of AT&T for many years, I need and expect respect.

I wasted over 8 hours of my time I ended up calling my local AT&T phone service, I just pushed a key to connect to whoever came on the line. I explained to them what my problem was, I had lost just about everything in my computer, no connection, couldn’t type anything. After talking for a few minutes with her it was suggested that I take the computer into a Staples or Office Depot, which I ended up doing. I started out paying $29.99 for checking out the computer. They told me I have 100’s of virus’s & Trojans on my computer. I told them too I did want to lose any pictures or documentation, I lost my wife to cancer July 3, 2010 and there were alot of memories stored in it. They couldn’t guaranty that they could save anything.

They said the total cost could be over $200.00 with no guaranty on saving anything. I asked them what a new computer compared to mine would cost, they told me with what I have already spent and try to download my pictures and documentation and Norton Anti-Virus software was $597.60 and that’s what I did and I believe AT&T & ConnectTech should reimburse for this cost. I have all the receipts showing these costs. I am still paying Connect Tech monthly charges because I was told if I canceled the service I would have no recourse. I have not received any response to this problem. Everytime I call and ask to speak to someone aabout the problem, I get put on hold or transferred to a non-excisting dept.

When I call AT&T and tell them my problem with Connect Tech they tell me Connect Tech is seperate from AT&T. I remember calling AT&T tech support and them telling me I would have to contact Connect Tech for support, AT&T farmed it out to Connect Tech but I feel AT&T is responsible for Connect Tech, they hired them. I have all the imformation I was given from them including a Case#

To the AT&T Company,I cannot understand how you stay in business. Bravo for fooling the Apple people into letting you handle the iPhone. The iPhone is a wonderful thing. But your customer service is horrible. Actually, I think it should be called something else, because you’re certainly not serving the customer.I am appalled. My daughter’s phone that we’ve had since march broke. I pay for the insurance each month. Her phone just quit working. So, after getting the run around from several people, because apparently no one at your company has any records of a customer’s calls or issues, I went to my AT&T store. That’s right, 2 people in customer service said that since it was less than a year old, I didn’t even need the insurance, just go to the store and they’ll replace it.

Well, when I went to the store, waiting a half hour and told them this, they laughed at me. I believe the quote was “who told you that?”. So then the guy at the AT&T store placed the order online for me for the replacement phone. I told him that my daughter is going to New York City and she HAD to have the phone by today, (Tuesday, October 25), so he asked if I was willing to pay $12 extra shipping to guarantee that. I said yes. I was told it would come in the mail by today.When I went to check on the order (they told me I could track it), my order said they were sending me a “headset”.

I was concerned this was the case, so I called AT&T Customer Service (ha, ha), I talked to Stephen who said on his screen it said they were sending me a phone, not a headset. I have the screen shot of what mine said. He guaranteed everything would be fine. Said it would be here Monday, Tuesday at the latest.Well, surprise, my mail came today and it’s not here.

I am just sick to my stomach. So I called AT&T (customer service ha, ha, that’s so funny), and I talked to Cynthia. She then, I guess, transferred me because after reiterating the entire story, I was suddenly back at the main menu (“if you are calling about a problem with a different phone, dial that number now…”). I really think it is polite to tell someone if you were going to transfer them.

Next I talked to Ciera. Poor Ciera, I was pretty much a crying mess when I talked to her. I had promised my daughter her phone would be here by today. She is leaving tomorrow for New York City. I feel like I am going to have a heart attack, I am so upset. At least Ciera called the “shipping company” for me, she said they said it may be here tomorrow or Thursday. Well, that does me no good whatsoever.

But, I’m pretty sure AT&T hasn’t done much good for anyone. Ciera did tell me I could take my new iPhone 4S back to the store and return it and only pay the $35 restocking fee. We’ll be seeing if that’s true because I plan on taking it back as soon as I leave work. And I’ll probably get AT&T’s signature line..” Who told you THAT?” Seems to be a way they can get out of actually helping anyone.I hear Verizon carries the iPhone now, I may check it out. Can’t decide. I so love the iPhone. But I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy another thing from AT&T, and I encourage everyone on the planet to stay away from them. They are horrible.

Their customer service is not even a joke. When we had US Cellular, they were at least very helpful. I wish they carried the iPhone. With Verizon getting in on the iPhone, I can’t imagine too many people with stay with AT&T. Truth is, people are going to need help with things and if your customer service and your website are so horrible, eventually people will go somewhere else. I know that’s what my family is going to do.Sincerely,Rita Krause

I called Direct TV about 4:00PM with a problem regarding connecting their Direct TV connection kit to our internet. I was transferred twice at Direct TV then once to AT&T. No one was able to help me. I was put on hold by an AT&T rep at about 4:50. It is now 5:45 and I am still on hold, I know I am on hold because there is still music playing. I was just hung up on. We just started our service Monday, October 10, 2011. As you can imagine, we are not very pleased right now. The first thing I asked the AT&T rep before switching to AT&T was whether or not the bundled program offered on demand and was told it did. That was one of the reasons we switched to AT&T.

I hope this is not the service we can look forward to for the extent of our contract. I want AT&T to be aware of this situation and I hope no one else has to go through this.

The new AT&T U-Verse they advertising for $14.95 per month the real cost per month is $48.95 but they have a program that they do not tell you that they give you a $23.00 per month credit back to you account for the 11 month up to a year. Equipment cost is $90.00 but they give to you for $75.00 but you have to hunt for a reward of $15.00, there router can’t be buy in the store so if go broken after 90 day you will be spending another $90.00. Installation $36.00 that is not really installation you have to do yourself because if you want the technician to go to your home and do the job is another $95.00 for installation.

The first bill will be at your home is $174.95 for the first month and they sent you a welcome letter that you have to hunt for the reward bundle or credit back to you or you will be paying $48.95 per month and all the hitting fee, if you don’t get this offers they hitting in the complicate web site, you will be stock with a big bill that other carrier can offer you for $39.99 without any hitting fees.

June, 2011 AT&T offered $250 in rebates for a U Verse 300 bundle including TV, phone and internet online. I had some questions so went to the local AT&T store and was told the store would give me the same $250 in rebates as online offered so I signed up for it there. I received 1 $100 prepaid debit card but have returned to the store 4 times and this week was told the balance of $150 was not available. I had been a Direct TV customer for several years and got great service. Never would have changed except for the $150 rebate offer. AT&T has terrible service and this is a warning for others.

Have feedback for AT&T?