T-Mobile

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about T-Mobile

Posted by Edwin Henry on Feb 01, 2015
Customer Rating

T-mobile is stealing my money. My account has been "double-dipped" and I am filing a police report. I bought a new phone at T-Mobile on January 16th. I paid the taxes and now T-mobile is double dipping my money. I did not expect this from a company are large as this but it's costing my money. My bank is going after them Big Time!

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Did T-Mobile provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about T-Mobile?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.96 out of 5
1.96 out of 5 Stars
501 Consumer Reviews

T-Mobile
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to T-Mobile. What is their corporate mailing address?

Deutsche Telekom AG
Bellevue, WA 98006

I want to call the T-Mobile customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-378-4000

I need to visit the T-Mobile company website. What is their website address?

More T-Mobile Complaints

Customer Rating

LOYAL customer with T-Mobile since 1999, any goodwill? NO! Was on contract that had expired for over a year and just paying monthly with no commitment (OR FREE PHONE), waiting on new prepaid plans. I contacted customer service and inquired about ending my contract, which was over and just month to month, and was told I can end at any time since contract was expired and would ONLY PAY PRORATED amount if switched to prepaid. So on 3/17/12, cancelled service and switched to prepaid, BUT first asked again if prorated because new monthly cycle had JUST started on 3/15/12, 2 days earlier (OR I WOULD HAVE WAITED TILL END OF CYCLE TO AVOID PAYING DOUBLE!!!), was confirmed YES, asked if she could figure out the PRORATED amount due, asked if this would close the account and have zero balance, response from agent again YES!! Paid amount and went down to tmobile store and PREPAID for new service.

All good right? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Had moved to Orlando for new job at same time switched to prepaid and didn't receive any correspondence at new address and continued with prepaid service. 3 YEARS later check credit report and see T-MOBILE collection for $96 !!!!!!! Called several times to different departments with T-MOBILE explaining what happened. Customer care would always say someone will get back to you. Never heard back so I figured they looked in to the matter and realized I had payed final bill. Checked credit report 2/4/15 and noticed still there!!!! Called again spoke to a very pleasant customer care rep named Michael, spoke for over an hour, he felt he could help me out and requested the bill be pulled from collections and would get back to me within a week. After a week and no response I called back and spoke to another very pleasant rep that looked through my notes from all the previous calls and after explaining story to her she said she would have her manager request the amount be pulled from collections and remove all the delinquent fees (original bill, which was for the ENTIRE month, was only about $50!) She WAS very confident given the fact was customer OVER 15 YEARS AND only USED 2 days of service from a $50 plan!!

So I should have owed maybe FOUR DOLLARS (INCLUDING TAXES!!)!!!!!!! Was told she would contact me in a week since she was leaving for vacation the next day. ONLY CONTACT I RECIEVED WAS FROM COLLECTION AGENCY!!! All they did was forward my phone number to performance collections!! Called T-Mobile AGAIN and transferred AGAIN to customer care and got a NOT so pleasant Guy that said it was rejected and go pay collections!! Thanks a lot T-Mobile for treating a long time (over 12 years) customer that way over $4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you've had a similar experience feel free to email me. would LIKE TO GET OTHERS TO POST ON MESSAGE BOARDS, ETC.. NEED HELP TRYING to get a hold of an original contract agreement from 1999, 2000 or 2001. I am SURE it would state that once you've met your obligation of 2 year contract, you can continue and cancel at anytime with NO penalty. (LIKE BEING CHARGED FOR A FULL MONTH WHEN YOU ONLY USE LESS THAN 2 DAYS!!) IT'S CALLED PRORATED!!!

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Went into a tmobile store today..had the worst customer service ever. My plans were to go into the store pay my bill,upgrade phone, change my calling plan. Walk up to the register..speak with Rep presentative name Rebecca. I hello I need to pay my bill. Give Rebecca's my name, address,even provide her with my passcode..she says well I still need your id. I said well I came in 2 weeks ago.spoke with a Rep..gave her the same information. That I gave you..she discussed. My account. With me..Rebecca says i hate to ask this, but was she African American, I said excuse me. Shocked at what I was just asked. I said what does the ethnic group have to do with my bill, I said no it not the black lady..I said it was another lady. Rebecca's began to laugh and and said, was it the blonde. I said let me pay ky bill and get. Out of this store. As I

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I need to bring to your notice the way in the past few months I have been receiving different billings as in regards to clear usage of my lines. I have been frustrated every month in having to deal with my bills and sometimes it seems it is a deliberate effort to frustrate and forcefully make your customers pay for what is not used. I started with Tmobile by paying $176 +/-, the 2nd month it went to $200 above, and that is how I have been receiving the bills on monthly basis, it is either someone is nit communicating right because by the time I will eventually get someone to listen to my compliant, I will find out that each individual working with the customer service has a different understanding on what packages you guys have so there is always a wrong information been passed down by CS representatives. this has made people like me to have to pay in excess to my monthly bills. last month after a whole day trying to resolve my bills, I eventually got like $23 reduction in my bill and was asked to pay $211, which I eventually pay $176 to balance $35 at a scheduled date. on of the reason they gave in respect to my fluctuating bill has to with international calls made through an APP installed on my phone to make international calls 'REBTEL'.

I was told that the app wasn't working to specification that was the reason I still get billed on tmobile even with the fact I still don't believe I make international calls through tmobile, but in anycase the REP that attended to me said they could block my lines in furthering making international calls without my notice and I said they should go ahead to block any service put in place that interfere with me making international calls through REBTEL. Now, checking my account this night Feb 24th, 10pm, I saw an outrageous bill of the $255.82, now if you deduct my outstanding of $35.36, the total comes to $220. Please what is this amount for again. I try my best to keep to my limit so that I don't defaults in contract and all this boils down too integrity, that I will not want it to be harmed by tmobile. I ma sick and tired of the frequent problems. please I need this service to look into this problem because as it is, i cant pay a dime from the bill I see in my account of $255.82.

Customer Rating

I want my money reimbursed, as I was not told that if I paid my bill to the person I was talking to I was being charged for it. I want my money reimbursed by next billing cycle.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by connie cowens on 08/31/2013 at IP address 50.83.96.101 using our T Mobile complaint form. This opinions contained in this T Mobile customer review titled, "Over Billed" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I got the mobile broad band thinking it was a good internet source it did not meet my needs so i canceled it 3 days too late now its a charge on my cell phone i been with tmobile for over 6 years and i dont want something little like this to have me go to another company the sales lady told me this is more than enough internet for me and it is not

Customer Rating

My name is Minerva C. Eaton. I am writing to dipute the cancellation fee being charged to me. I was not aware that my service was extended in December. I have been with t-moblie since its beginning. I was not happy with my plan. It jumped from 80 dollars to one hundred and sixty dollars. I feel as though I should not be chartged a cancellation fee because of a t-moblie customer service representative's mistake. Please respond. Thanks.

Customer Rating

I had been a tmobile customer for 12 years. I called in December to inquire about when my contract was up, I was told that 2 of the phones on my family plan were not under contract. During my conversation not at any point did this person send my call to the retention department. I changed plans with the 2 phones that were not under contract. I went to the Tmobile store to change from a family plan to a single plan, at this time the representative did not inform me that by going to a single plan, my contract would be extended another two years. I was very disappointed with my single plan coverage. I opted to leave Tmobile. I did understand that I would be charged a fee, but I thought the fee would be 100.oo considering I only had 10 months left on my contract. To my surprise I was charged 200.00. I hope that you will be able to help me with this discrepancy.

Customer Rating

Tmobile the stick as upgrade its for use with laptop. I called and told them that i dont own a laptop.they said well we can,t take back.since then,they charged me 59 dollars every month for the past 7months.i pleaded with them to cancel itto no avail.

To whom this concerns,My son recently moved to Tamaken, Nebraska
we called another provider to see if he would have service where he is working, the representative we talked =
to said he would have service. So since T-Mobile was unable to provide service in that area we talked to customer service and they said it should be no trouble. they also stated that they could waive the fee if I would extend my contract on the other phones for two years I declined that off because our phones have very poor service here in Lexington and calls are being dropped 3-5 times a day. I have recently been charged a $200 deactivation fee because my son has no service where is working and he needs his for phone his job--I am being charged for a service that is not available I would like to have my account credited

Customer Rating

i went to mall in el centro ca. and bought a gallexy 2 phone and was told i get 150.00 $ rebate that till this day have not got and store will not talk to me nor superviser anyways i ask that my girlfriend had a prepaid phone from cosco cuold i add it on my account without a contract and how much would it cost fernando the worker helping me said yes you could add it on with no contarct for 10.00 a month unlimeted calls and text so i said ok well i lost my job and could not afford it so i called to cancel her phone and i was told i would be charged a fee for cancelling the contract i said what contract i never ask for a contract the reason i added the phone to my account is because there was no contract and only ten dollers that was a lie im paying almost 200 a month so the girl i talk to when i called t-mobile cust.serv.told me she would put that line on hold i would not be able to make or get calls and would not be charged so i could disspute it here and that my phone bill would only be 67.00 dollers so i said good lets do that come to fined out she lied to im being charge for both phones still and i called back a few days ago and was told that they did not no anything about that and if my bill was not paid they would cut off my phone too so i ask to speak to supervisor and was told she was on the phone i said thats ok i will waite they no you cant because it could be a long time i said no problem i can wait he said no you cant so i told him have her call me back please he said ok got my number and till this day have not herd back from no one can you please help me get my rebate and cancel contract i never signed or ask for thank you any question call 760-351-0020 home or 760-960-2569 cell name raymond

Customer Rating

account# 432927129, In march of 2012 I called tmobil to drop my son off my family plan, They did that and then checked my plan and I was told that there was abetter plan with unlimited minutes for the same money. I asked if i would have to sighn for another 2 year contract, And was told no, on 11/5/12 I called to drop my daughter from the plan, I was told i was still under contract untill march of 2014. I specifictly told the rep in march i did not want a contract extension, But somehow they did anyway. can somewone check this and get it resolved. I have been a tmobil customer for 10 years plus, I need to get my daughter off my plan. she moved on and has her own plan,
Thanks, carl brooks account#432927129 phone#6037851081

Customer Rating

We recently relocated from las vegas nv 89156 to cloverdale va 24077 & we are having problems making & receiving calls. We also tried to find a store so we could address our issues & came to find out there are no stores anywhere in the area. We need to switch providers since these are our only phones & we want to keep our original numbers with a 540 area code. We've been loyal customers in the past & wish we could continue but we need better phone coverage. we need help getting out our contract, we are senior citzens on a fixed income.
Thanks for you attention in this matter, I appreciate it.

Customer Rating

In 2010 Nov I purchased a new cell phone from t-mobile I have been customer for 6 years I had plain called Classic plain which alwayed you to purchase a phone with money they have in your account to use to make new purchase if get new phone sign another 2 year contract so I did but I was told that Classic Plain I had doesn't offer those things anymore I didn't find this out until I got ready to purchase another phone they never sent any information tell me that Plains had changed. When spoke with lady she told me that Vaule Plain is just like Classic Plain I had before it would lower my bill I agreed to 2 year contract for Value Plain then I got new phone same time put deposit down cell phone came in NOV 2010 they didn't tell me it would take two month before they would start new plain I was told monthly fee would be on next billing cycle which would be next month it didn't start until Jan 2011 I got cell phone in NOV 2010 then they didn't tell me that because I renewed contract it would be both lines when each line had a different 2 year agreement due date ending my second cell phone contract was about be up then when it became 2 years they stated when I sign up for new Value Plain they made contract for both line not just one for 2 years. When you make agreement it only states for one cell phone number that your making the agreement with not whole plain my 2 year contract is up for second line they just told me that my contract doesn't expired until 2013 for both line when I only got new phone for one line the plain was agreement for the one cell phone and to lower my bill, how can I extend contract that not expired yet for another contract adding on 2 more years without getting new phone when you upgrade services. every 2 years when make agreement with T Mobile they didn't tell me that the Value Plain extended my service for 2 more extra years when they gave me start date of 01/2011 for service plain and new cell phone was given in 2010 in Nov it took two month to get Value Plain started then add second line on another two year contract without other contract ending for second cell phone I never agreed I want to start over with my services this has stop me from getting new phone plus extended my service for both lines not the once I agreed to. They gave me false information that lead me to agree to plain stated that they no longer do that anymore there is plain they offer just like Classic Plain I would come out cheaper with this plain this would allow ne to get new phone with month payment plain renewal of contract for the one cell phone not both line agree to another 2 year when second line contract is not up my bill is not lower The Classic Plain they could bill you for down payment then make monthly fee for cost of the phone each line was under different two year agreemnet due date not same date as the purchase which two month late if got cell phone in NOV 2010 it didn't take affect until 01/2011 WHY it was not for two line Value Plain was for Family not the renewal of contract that had ended I never agree to extend 2 year agreement without purchase of cell phone one with one cell phone line not both lines

Customer Rating

I went to a local tmobil store to upgrade my phone. The lady told us that it would be cheaper if we would just change our plan from the fave fives that we have had since we got tmobil to 1000 minute contract. Not once did she explain to us that doing this would add $200.00 plus tax on to our bill for a migration fee. I asked the sales person 3 times what our new charges would be and she informed me that it would be $135.00 + tax every month and that included my $20.00 fee a month for my phone for 20 months. Yet I got our bill today 10/27/2012 and the total amount owed was $928.00 plus some change. So I called tmobil and the lady informed me that our text messages where not set up right even though we have had unlimited texting since day one, but that was the sales persons fault so after being on the phone for an hour she fixed that 500.00 plus charge leaving me with still owing $382.60. I am so sick of people at the tmobil store treating customers like crap once they get their sale/commision. I was told by the lady on the phone that I would have to go to the store to request my credit for the migration charges I went at 9:00 a.m. and two more times after that to get it fix but not once did I get help from anyone. The same sales person was there that caused all this and decided to get very nasty with me trying to tell me that she told us about the extra charges yet if she really would have told me about those charges I would have never changed my plan. We also got a spanish version of our contract witch we told her at the store and she just blew us off . I do not speak spanish. I am so ready to get rid of tmobil once and for all. I would like my account credited the amount I was over chargered (200.00) +tax. I do not see how any of this is right. I am very disatisfied with tmobil right now. Yu can contact me at 801-918-5351 if you desire to. I also can send you the proof of the spanish printing contract that I was given.

Customer Rating

I have three lines and two of my lines were not on contract only one was on contract. However, I was charged a $204 charge for number 3134146066. That has not been used or on contract and the company is trying to charge me a fee. I did not authorize or have that number under contract, the contract has been over for a long time. I spoke to someone in custom services a three - four weeks ago and they credit my account, now recently I was told I had a contract fee for a phone with month-month services. I am very upset, I hope this manner can be resolved quickly.

Teredia Austin
313-304-8334

Customer Rating

to whom it may concern, I Baraba Gilmore am a loyal customer of T-Mobile.But fell like I was not told that by getting a up grade to one phone would change my contract on the other phones. If you go back and look up the times I have called about (832-552-3073 ) to have this phone taking off my contract, You will see I would have never gave permission to upgrade a phone that I don't need any more. I ask to have this phone removed and was told I could have it removed if I payed $100.00. Then I call again and was told that was not true I would have to pay the $200.0 if the line was remoed early. So I have been waiting on the two years to be up to have this phone removed from my account. I was never told if I take the upgrade it would renew all my lines. I wouldn't have done it. I am paying for a line that I don't use. Can you please find a way to get this off because I want pay for this phone another two years. This should be loyaty to the customer but I feel like I was not told the truth in this matter. Thank you for your time and help in this matter. Ms. Barbara Gilmore

Customer Rating

My mother Mary Naito has been a T-Mobile customer for several years. She called to cancel her cell phone service that she never used but to no avail. The customer representative reviewed her account, saw she did not have any activity for several months but still talked her into a different plan with a free cell phone and a new contract! Your customer service represerntative should have helped her with her request, instead took full advantage of an 83 year old lady. Please review her account again, there has not been any activity prior to or since the re-newed contract and she is wanting to cancel service as soon as possible without any penalties for ending the contract early. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to your support in this matter. Acct. #384433130 / Mobile #206 697-7396 June Persons (POA)

Customer Rating

T-mobile was unable to provide me with a $100 rebate application form ,by their admission should have been sent with the new phone purchase,they made it exceedingly difficult to even try,then finally denied my request for them to mail me an application ,though it was advertised.I would like for them to provide me with the application however customer service is no service,the website has not functioned for days ,no matter what browser, pc or connection and the rebate center is fully automated without options for me or to speak to anyone.I have been a customer for years and expected more from them .I feel as though i was tricked out of $100 by their apparently false advertising,and their inability to even mail me card or provide any solution was very disappointing .

Customer Rating

on 11/3 2012 i called in asking questions on a gallaxy 2 phone. i spoke to a rep who gave me a price on phone. and advise me that to get this phone it would move it to value once i recveived phone. i have been with your company 7 years. i have always been on grandfather plan. until i called 11/3 and inquired about a contract on a gallaxy 2 phone they without my permission changed the contract to 2 morey years . i still have the motor blurr... the contract ends this month per one of your reps again... at my job we make sure all client , customers, are satisified to keep there buinesss. so here is what i intend to do .. i will nt be in a contract i not sighned on contract for gallaxy phone, which i not sigrned to get it,.. i am not going upgrad to another phnon that has been on market a year for 500.00. also no one at your company since i am loyal customer informed me of tmobile discounts.. i am requesting contract for a upgrad on this motor blurr its is up this month. i don not want another 2 years with a company who can not commicate with properly on phone without giving incorrect information on theier products and sevices. i i am requestiing have if is sign a contract for upgrade for a gallaxy 2 its price on your website with installments. this is a disappointment to me from you company .. pleaese reply sooon..

sinceley yoursx
P. Reynolds

Customer Rating

I went to a neighborhood T-Mobile store to have 1 of my numbers moved to the person that was on my account and to lower my bill due to the fact he had everything you could have on his line and my other 2 lines only have text and talk, which we were paying the same thing he was. I was told that I could have my bill lowered and it wouldn't affect my contract. I now find out that my contract was extended for 2 years. Please put my contract date back to the original 2013 date.

Companies Like T-Mobile