Customer Satisfaction Results

T-Mobile

Complaint Department

Posted by Edwin Henry on Feb 01, 2015
Customer Rating

T-mobile is stealing my money. My account has been "double-dipped" and I am filing a police report. I bought a new phone at T-Mobile on January 16th. I paid the taxes and now T-mobile is double dipping my money. I did not expect this from a company are large as this but it's costing my money. My bank is going after them Big Time!

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Did T-Mobile provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about T-Mobile?

Compare T-Mobile to Similar Cell Phones more...

More T-Mobile Complaints

Customer Rating

LOYAL customer with T-Mobile since 1999, any goodwill? NO! Was on contract that had expired for over a year and just paying monthly with no commitment (OR FREE PHONE), waiting on new prepaid plans. I contacted customer service and inquired about ending my contract, which was over and just month to month, and was told I can end at any time since contract was expired and would ONLY PAY PRORATED amount if switched to prepaid. So on 3/17/12, cancelled service and switched to prepaid, BUT first asked again if prorated because new monthly cycle had JUST started on 3/15/12, 2 days earlier (OR I WOULD HAVE WAITED TILL END OF CYCLE TO AVOID PAYING DOUBLE!!!), was confirmed YES, asked if she could figure out the PRORATED amount due, asked if this would close the account and have zero balance, response from agent again YES!! Paid amount and went down to tmobile store and PREPAID for new service.

All good right? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Had moved to Orlando for new job at same time switched to prepaid and didn't receive any correspondence at new address and continued with prepaid service. 3 YEARS later check credit report and see T-MOBILE collection for $96 !!!!!!! Called several times to different departments with T-MOBILE explaining what happened. Customer care would always say someone will get back to you. Never heard back so I figured they looked in to the matter and realized I had payed final bill. Checked credit report 2/4/15 and noticed still there!!!! Called again spoke to a very pleasant customer care rep named Michael, spoke for over an hour, he felt he could help me out and requested the bill be pulled from collections and would get back to me within a week. After a week and no response I called back and spoke to another very pleasant rep that looked through my notes from all the previous calls and after explaining story to her she said she would have her manager request the amount be pulled from collections and remove all the delinquent fees (original bill, which was for the ENTIRE month, was only about $50!) She WAS very confident given the fact was customer OVER 15 YEARS AND only USED 2 days of service from a $50 plan!!

So I should have owed maybe FOUR DOLLARS (INCLUDING TAXES!!)!!!!!!! Was told she would contact me in a week since she was leaving for vacation the next day. ONLY CONTACT I RECIEVED WAS FROM COLLECTION AGENCY!!! All they did was forward my phone number to performance collections!! Called T-Mobile AGAIN and transferred AGAIN to customer care and got a NOT so pleasant Guy that said it was rejected and go pay collections!! Thanks a lot T-Mobile for treating a long time (over 12 years) customer that way over $4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you've had a similar experience feel free to email me. would LIKE TO GET OTHERS TO POST ON MESSAGE BOARDS, ETC.. NEED HELP TRYING to get a hold of an original contract agreement from 1999, 2000 or 2001. I am SURE it would state that once you've met your obligation of 2 year contract, you can continue and cancel at anytime with NO penalty. (LIKE BEING CHARGED FOR A FULL MONTH WHEN YOU ONLY USE LESS THAN 2 DAYS!!) IT'S CALLED PRORATED!!!

Customer Rating

I bought a samsung galaxy s2 and a galaxy blaze for my wife she couldnt go on some apps we were told her phone wasnt powerful enough do upgraded her to the s2. Five weeks of use and all u csn see is led lines cant even read the screen had to get a new one. Waited 8 weeks becsuse the phones were buy one get one called about refund and employee at the tmobile store put wrong phone number so took another 4 weeks! Now iasked the guy at the store about 5x how much my bill was gonna be he estimated 160/170 total ended up being 190 so i paid that for first 3 months just got my next bill snd its 220 called tmobile n they said i havent been gettin charged for both phone n its really 210 and 10 bucks forsome poll app that i never downloaded! It just started comin up on my phone anyway they cant take it off or figure out why i was only gettin charged for one phone, but now my phone bill is like 40/50 bucks more than i wanted to pay! For these prices i should have stayed with at&t!!!! CANT WAIT FOR MY CONTRACT TO END!!!!!

Customer Rating

Had service with T-Mobile for 10 yrs. Moved to a location where service was not available, even though T-Mobile said that they were until after numberous complaints they admitted that no towers were in range but continued to charge monthly fees for a service that could not be provided.
My payment was lowered for 2 yrs, still charging me from automatic bank. They did not document conversations I had with customer service and I would have to repeat the whole process each time I called. Even when I firmly requested to close account they acknowledged but never followed through. They did finally reduce payments again in May 2012 to 10.00, which still was no help since I did not use T-Mobile's service. Closed out my bank account and since T-Mobile had no access to my funds hit me with a balance of 486.59 over a 2 month period when it was at 0.
I dispute this collection and will use the judicial system to reslove dispute and file a complain to Ga State's Consumer protection office.

Customer Rating

They took money out if my debit account. Without my authority for 3 days every one I spoke to said I would have it back in my account in 3 days on the 3rd day it still was not back in my account. So I called again this time they put me through to a refund specialist who bluntly told me I was not getting a refund so everyone else I talked to just told yes to get rid of me. THINK TWICE BEFORE CHOOSING T-MOBILE as your phone carrier they like to take your money earlier then they should & won't refund your money. i am calling the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ON THEM DEFINITELY.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

10 year (former) T-Mobile customer. Phone service was always good, but customer service was always horrible. Wanted to switch my 2 phones to IPhones which T-Mobile doesn't have. Called customer service and asked when my contracts were up. I was told one was up on Nov. 25 2011 and the other on Dec.5 2011. I waited until Jan. 3 2012 to switch to Verizon. Got my final bill from T-Mobile and was assessed an early contract termination fee.

When I called to dispute the charge, it took 30 minutes and 4 transferred calls for someone to finally tell me that the contract were not up until Dec. 2012 - which I know is a lie. I was told I had to send in a formal dispute, yadda, yadda, yadda. I asked if I could speak to a supervisor and was told that all disputes have to be handled by e-mail, fax or mail. I have no confidence that T-Mobile will do anything about the disputed charge - except cause me to have a blemish on my credit record if I don't pay it.

So, I guess I'll pay it, but I will be sure to spread the word that T-Mobile is a crooked, dishonest company. I hope AT&T buys them and fires all the decision makers that have ruined that company!!! T-Mobile, you should be ashamed to treat long-term customers this way. Good riddance.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Why want you close my account , no longer with you ???

Customer Rating

I am seeing a lot of complaints about T-mobile on this website. They are stealing money from me and it make me feel crappy. Why won't someone make it stop?

Customer Rating

I have been dealing with T-Mobile for months now regarding two tablets that were defective and returned to them. Back in October T-Mobile said to return the 2nd defective tablet, and once they received it, all the charges would be removed. At the time, the representative credited 3 charges having to do with the tablet. She also said that from that point on, we would no longer be charged. They did not stop charging. But I kept paying. I finally got tired of paying what I did not owe, and waiting for them to credit my account and stop the charges. Last month I paid the portion of my bill that I did owe. I subtracted everything regarding the tablet from my balance owed. I have just spent my entire lunch hour speaking with four different people, and all of them kept saying the same thing, that the charges are legitimate.

T-Mobile had also been calling from a number I did not recognize, and not leaving a voicemail. I finally had to search the number to found out it was T-Mobile. I have been with T-Mobile for over 10 years. Two years ago I got a bill with over $400 of text charges. I have unlimited texts. It took over an hour with one representative putting me on hold and coming back with a reduced amount I can pay for the text charges. After I told her that I was tired of sounding like a broken record, I finally was able to speak with someone who took care of everything in just 3 minutes. Now, why couldn't that happen today? I even told them my past experience being given the run around by them. I said again to two people that I was tired of sounding like a broken record, and was tired of hearing them sound like a broken record. I finally had to hang up because my lunch hour was over. I will have to try again tomorrow.

Customer Rating

Went into a tmobile store today..had the worst customer service ever. My plans were to go into the store pay my bill,upgrade phone, change my calling plan. Walk up to the register..speak with Rep presentative name Rebecca. I hello I need to pay my bill. Give Rebecca's my name, address,even provide her with my passcode..she says well I still need your id. I said well I came in 2 weeks ago.spoke with a Rep..gave her the same information. That I gave you..she discussed. My account. With me..Rebecca says i hate to ask this, but was she African American, I said excuse me. Shocked at what I was just asked. I said what does the ethnic group have to do with my bill, I said no it not the black lady..I said it was another lady. Rebecca's began to laugh and and said, was it the blonde. I said let me pay ky bill and get. Out of this store. As I

Customer Rating

Dec. 16, 2014 I had been with ATT and was tired of not being able to get service on my cell phone so I called T-Mobile to see if the tower in my neighborhood was theirs. They said it was so I left ATT to go with T-Mobile. I was going to keep my phone and my same number and just buy one of their sim-cards. The sim-card came in and it was wrong. The very first thing was wrong dealing with T-Mobile. Anyway after a month dealing with them just trying to get the correct sim-card I stayed because they said the tower in my neighborhood was theirs...they lied!! It belongs to Verizon. So January 27th 2015, the correct sim-card arrived and I activated my service. I could not get service. My phone would either say "searching" or "no service detected". It used up my minutes so I had to purchase more useless minutes. I purchased $40 more and still could not get service and since the "number" was used...(searching or not detected) was considered use of minutes. The 2nd of February I cancelled with T-Mobile and called the home office. They said no problem they understood my frustration and I would get a refund. After they get you to someone who can do something...they hang up on you or being on the phone with them so long your battery dies...I've kept calling back getting the run-around. So in-short...T-Mobile will lie just to get your money! DONT USE T-MOBILE...THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Customer Rating

On January 14, 2015, a year and a half after I originally opened my account with T-Mobile, I was a victim of identity theft and T-Mobile allowed someone to add 2 new phone lines to my family account which I had been told already had a maximum of 5 lines. This individual then charged more than $1,600.00 in equipment and fees to my account, charges that I am still being held liable for. I discovered these 2 new lines 2 weeks later as I discovered a range of other purchases bought on my name and credit. I called and reported the fraudulence immediately.

The fraud department, instead of assisting me by closing the lines and removing the charges on my account, told me that I, the victim, had to name the suspect in order for them to release my responsibility. They alleged that my family members were in contact with the criminal citing call logs showing 1 minute calls coming to one of these new lines. Initially, I thought that this information must be the result of computer error for the call log to show that my family was calling this line because none of us knew the suspect and we had never made any calls to this line. In addition, these alleged call logs conflict with our own records, which have been printed from my accounts on T-mobile's own site.

Recently I contacted T-mobile with the name of a suspect in my identity theft case, after receiving an update from an officer at the San Diego Police Department. I faxed them copies of the police reports and of a signed affidavit of fraud. T-Mobile refused to accept this new information and demanded the police report with the name of the suspect, knowing very well that the police would not release the documents because T-Mobile had not been cooperative in helping them catch the criminal, and because the case is still under investigation.
After working with the police and with several stores in the San Diego area, my experience working with T-mobile has left me with the strong belief that T-Mobile employees were involved in the illegal fraudulent activity on my account. They allowed someone to remove my PIN and add new lines to my account when I had set up the PIN as a protection measure, and while the company has my ID and my signature on the file. They then altered the call logs to shift the responsibilities to me. The fraud department wouldn’t take my report as a victim of Identity theft seriously and wouldn’t cooperate with the police to help catch the criminal.

Please investigate these illegal activities at T-Mobile. A large national telecommunications company should be responsible to its customers and should be participating in ethical business practices. Their capital and influence should not be a tool to criminalize and victimize their customers, especially ones who have already been victims of crimes.

Customer Rating

T Mobile initially lured me to them with their cheaper than Sprint plans and the "We'll pay your Early Termination Fee" routine. It should be called the "You pay your Early Termination Fee and we may or may not reimburse you depending on how many flaming hoops your willing to jump through or till we get sick of you bothering our customer service department". I've had so many promises to fix this refund problem by so many reps and each has failed, Purposely?. Hey T Mobile, I get it, you're a big huge mega business with an army of lawyers to keep the riff-raff customers from defending themselves from you. You win, keep my money. Good bye T Mobile and I'm taking all five of my accounts with me. BTW, I'll pay my final bill in six to eight weeks in a $10.00 prepaid VISA card. And when you call me for payment, I'll promise you the check is in the mail with a cheery attitude every single time.

Customer Rating

My family has been with t mobile for over 12 years and the service we're receiving is beyond unsatisfactory. Recently my sister and I decided to come off of our parents plah and be on our own. Upon speaking with a few representatives, we decided to stay together and not be on our own because we would receive more data together. My sister however, did not sign the authorization.

Customer Rating

I tried for years to get my wife to join my T-Mobile plan to save us money. She handles all my appointments since I am 100% disabled, with 4 different doctors, due to a nerve disease. She eventually did join my plan, was sold a 600$ smart phone and we had to sign a 2 year contract. After 22 months her phone quit working. After weeks of changing phones, installing new stem cards, 4 trips to the store that sold us the phone, and about 5 calls to technicians we were told her phone was a 4G phone and our nearest tower was a 2G tower. This, we were told, means it will never work, and they were suprised it ever worked.

I told the last supervisor I talked to that I had to leave T-mobile and find a new phone provider. She insisted that I pay 100$ to get out of their contract. I got a little upset at this and told her it would be a cold day in he!! before I paid another penny to someone who screwed me out of 600$ already( for the phone they sold me that won't work where I live). Instead of billing me 100$ to break my contract my bill is now over 600$ and continues to go up! Please tell me what I can do about this injustice that keeps on going. Can I make them pay for the harassment and destruction to my perfect credit. We've called them and they don't care one bit about what they've done to us.

Customer Rating

I called customers service to get a new phone, My current phone from tmobile is broken again! I talked to a rep about a phone, but was not sure I wanted to spend that much on a phone. The Tmobile rep assured me that he could take $100.00 off the price since I was a loyal customer of many years. I received my contract for the financing via my email and the amount was wrong; It still has the original amount on it. I have tried to call customer service back to tell them what happened and I was told that tmobile does not discount their phones but if I sign the agreement for the original amout they would take $100.00 off after 30 days. I was also told that there was nothing about the phone being discounted from the other rep. I asked to get it in writing but was informed that could not happen. I do not feel that this is a trustworthy deal,and since by phone is still broken I can not wait. So much for my loyalty...I feel like I was taken advantage of, and I think I will go to another company that is down the street from my house.

Customer Rating

on about the twenty third of February I got a message saying if I topped up five pounds within five days I would get five pounds credit free I topped up five pounds on February twenty sixth and still have not got my five pounds credit.I have rang you twice about this on both occasions being put on hold,first time I rang I was told the money would go on within five days, today after over half an hour and being put on hold twice for over 10 minutes I was told someone would ring me back within two hours that was at 13.30 it is now 16.20 and I am still waiting.I am absolutely disgusted with the service I have been given Kathleen lavelle.

Customer Rating

I used to be with Vodafone and got told about your smart pack so I changed over to t-mobile got my £10 smart pack first time no problems last month I had to complain because I had over the £10 credit and only text your free numbers 441 and 150 and now the same thing has happened to me again top up £10 so I had £10.09 credit all I have done is try and get my smart pack 10 this month again but I have texted 441 and 150 and now I only have £9 credit but only texted your free numbers and can't get my monthly smart pack so I would like to see if we can stop this from happening and make it as simple as it said it would be before I changed networks and I would like my smart pack added as I have not spent any of my credit so I would be greatfull if it could be sorted for me as soon as possible please

Customer Rating

called and a replacement on a warranty got a sg2 sent it back within days and got a lgl9 because the gs2 did not work rite.they charged me for it the whole time over 300 bucks and they have the phone.do not buy phones from t=mobile warranties will rip you off and don't ever do bussness over the phone with them you will get ripped off. I bought my phone from hsn got a better deal 50 dollars cheaper and a better warranty with it. they will give you nothing but a run around. their service I have no problem with buy will never buy a phone from them.if you do deal with them keep records of everything and if you send a phone back to them put tracking on it just don't send it back in the box they give you they don't want you to track it going back.and if you do not ask them everthing whe you talk to them they will throw in charges you don't know about go over all details befor you hang up that check on them latter to make sure.

Customer Rating

I need to bring to your notice the way in the past few months I have been receiving different billings as in regards to clear usage of my lines. I have been frustrated every month in having to deal with my bills and sometimes it seems it is a deliberate effort to frustrate and forcefully make your customers pay for what is not used. I started with Tmobile by paying $176 +/-, the 2nd month it went to $200 above, and that is how I have been receiving the bills on monthly basis, it is either someone is nit communicating right because by the time I will eventually get someone to listen to my compliant, I will find out that each individual working with the customer service has a different understanding on what packages you guys have so there is always a wrong information been passed down by CS representatives. this has made people like me to have to pay in excess to my monthly bills. last month after a whole day trying to resolve my bills, I eventually got like $23 reduction in my bill and was asked to pay $211, which I eventually pay $176 to balance $35 at a scheduled date. on of the reason they gave in respect to my fluctuating bill has to with international calls made through an APP installed on my phone to make international calls 'REBTEL'.

I was told that the app wasn't working to specification that was the reason I still get billed on tmobile even with the fact I still don't believe I make international calls through tmobile, but in anycase the REP that attended to me said they could block my lines in furthering making international calls without my notice and I said they should go ahead to block any service put in place that interfere with me making international calls through REBTEL. Now, checking my account this night Feb 24th, 10pm, I saw an outrageous bill of the $255.82, now if you deduct my outstanding of $35.36, the total comes to $220. Please what is this amount for again. I try my best to keep to my limit so that I don't defaults in contract and all this boils down too integrity, that I will not want it to be harmed by tmobile. I ma sick and tired of the frequent problems. please I need this service to look into this problem because as it is, i cant pay a dime from the bill I see in my account of $255.82.

Customer Rating

I have a pay as you go t-mobile phone. Last year my tariff included contacting my voicemail free. I had £9 credit and when I was trying to make an urgent call when my husband was dying, it stated that I had no more money on the phone. They had obviously changed my tariff without informing me. This was very distressing for me. Also recently I mis-dialled a number. It rang once and was not connected but I was charged 35 pence. I wish to complain and intend to contact the Watchdog and papers if I do not get satisfaction. C. Goode

Contact the T-Mobile Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to T-Mobile. What is their corporate mailing address?

Deutsche Telekom AG, Bellevue, WA 98006
  • I want to call the T-Mobile customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-378-4000
  • I need to visit the T-Mobile company website. What is their website address?