Walmart

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Walmart

Posted by Michael Campbell on Jan 25, 2015
Customer Rating

We recently visited your Walmart in Douglas Arizona and to be honest I was most displease. The store its self was nasty and unkempt. I've never seen one of your stores in such condition and was really surprise. On top of all that they seemed really racist. I took pictures for you but can't figure out where to send them.By the way, they have a leak under the water fountain that could cause someone to get hurt. I reported it and a month later it was still leaking..

12 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Walmart provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Walmart?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.98 out of 5
1.98 out of 5 Stars
599 Consumer Reviews

Walmart
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Walmart. What is their corporate mailing address?

702 Sw 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716

I want to call the Walmart customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1-800-WALMART

I need to visit the Walmart company website. What is their website address?

More Walmart Complaints

Customer Rating

My father and I went to purchase a battery for my Harley Davidson at the Wal-Mart off of Hulen St. after making my purchase we were approached at the exit by an officer and two people employed by Wal-Mart acting as a part of the loss prevention team. I was asked if I had put anything into my pockets that did not belong to me. I and my dad replied no. we were asked to accompany them to the security room or what ever it may have been called. mind you this was after I had already checked out and made my purchase as a paying customer. upon our arrival at the security room,we were asked to empty our pockets. they even took the liberty of searching and violating my dad's personal space. my question is what was it is that I or my dad had taken that I could not have purchased at the checkout, and what relevant excuse the officer had to suspect a paying customer would be shoplifting.

8 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

On October 18, 2014 I got my phone activated and paid only $26.02 for unlimited talk and text. Then on November 23, 2014 I paid $26.02 again for my monthly bill for unlimited talk and text. on December 23, 2014 I was told by text message that I had to pay $37.84. I called the 1-877 number and was told the increase was because of the internet feature. However I never called and asked for the internet to be added to my account. I tried to cancel the internet feature as I do not get on the internet. However the guy on the phone told me that since my bill was already due I had to pay the $37.84. I went to Wal-Mart to pay the bill and the lady said my bill total was $26.02 I paid that on December 23, 2014. on December 26 you turned off my phone saying I owed $11. I paid that and once again cancelled the internet. I spoke with marc id #3180 and he cancelled the internet and said next month my bill would be $26.02. I just received a text message saying my bill is $37.84. I only want unlimited talk and text. I have talked to multiple people at the 1-877 or 611 about this issue. I should not have to keep calling every month. I am very displeased with this service. I have spoken with Marc id # is 3180, Carlos id # 1910205, David id # 1913120148, and recently Alfred id #1910156. Alfred is the one who told me to contact family mobile and make a credit request however creditrequest@myfamilymobile.com does not seem to exist. please fix this problem and credit my phone for the extra $11 I paid in December and please credit my account another $11 for this month that way my phone bill will be what it is suppose to be which is $26.02. My bill is due on January 23,2015. Alfred id # 1910156 at customer service said my email will be answered and the problem solved in 72 hours after I make complaint. if this matter is not taken care of I will cancel my phone and go through someone else who listens, and provides good customer service. As well as tell my friends what horrible service I have received from myfamilymobile which is through Wal-Mart.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I come in to walmart to buy a online debit card to order a antanna from radio shack and the casher found the card for me and said this is the one I need and when I went home and got online to purchase my antanna from radioshack it was declined and so I wint back to walmart and I spoke to the mgr. name is cory at west main st. in tupelo,ms and he got very mean and told me that itys my fault not the casher for selling me the wrong card now I want to ask you how is it my fault that I got the wrong card I told the casher that I wanted a debit card to purchase online at radioshack so I want something done about this you shouldn’t be selling something thjat you don’t know what it is please call me or e mail me back my phone number is 662-260-1520 my name is William potts thank you p.s. your mgr. there is very stressed out you should replace him quick if this dosent work I will be going to the consumer angencey to file a complant next

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by william potts on 03/21/2014 at IP address 172.243.174.29 using our walmart west main st. tupelo. ms complaint form. This opinions contained in this walmart west main st. tupelo. ms customer review titled, “wrong debit card sold to custermer” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I have a Walmart credit card. I made a substantial payment (paid in full) on August 4 2011. I went shopping on August 11 2011 and my card was declined while I was in line. I had to get out of line, go to customer service and call the number on the back of the card. I did so, and the lady that was on the other line told me that there was a hold on my card that it would not clear until tomorrow and that there was nothing that she could do. I had to pay for my now defrosting groceries with the remaining balance of the card and the rest with my debit card (which was to pay bills).

So, I go home and call 1800 walmart to make a complaint, they told me that I had to call 1-866-611-0048 and ask for a supervisor. So this is what I did. When I was transferred to a supervisor, I tried to explain to him that I made the payment, that it has cleared my bank but it is money that I am unable to use. He then told me that the funds will be available tomorrow. This is not helping me today when I needed the groceries, and the fact that I won’t be able to shop tomorrow as I have a job and have to go to work.

So, my complaint is that I can make a substantial payment (over $500), and Walmart can hold it for over a week so that I can not use it, but when I am late on a payment they are so fast to charge me a late fee. Can I charge them a fee for making me wait? I had to call and make arrangements with my electric company so that I can pay for the groceries today that I should have been able to use the card for. Its not like I can use the Walmart card tomorrow to pay my electric bill, now can I?

Where is the convenience of having a card if I can not use it? Why would I even use it if it is not even worth my time and effort? I pay my bill on time and pay it in full so that I dont get charged fees and I am still getting treated like crap!!!

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

My daughter's income tax was posted today, and because she don't have a bank account the monies was posted to my wife's (her Mother's ) Walmart Card. However, Walmart card managers have decided to hold the money for the next TEN days alleging 'something amiss, Despite the faxed evidence they requested and received from us today(1-29-2015). we told them that our child is about to be evicted and she has Two children. The card customer service hung up on my wife TWICE, and hung-up again when she repeatedly asked for a mgr. when Emma Richardson finally called corporate they said "they didn't understand why they're still holding these monies but they cant over-ride the(" greedy insensitive ") card mgrs.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Cancelled Service back on Oct. 27, 2014 when my phone broke and I switched to another company and called to transfer my number to new provider and cancel service at that time. But now I am still getting a bill for $92.64 saying I own for two months. I called to find out why and was told that when you call to transfer your number you then have to call a different number to cancel service. This should all be taken care of with just one phone call not two. So please stop billing me for two months of unused airtime.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Went to purchase a $200 order with my bank card was pestered for id when I showed it to her she ripped it in half manager came I explained my situation the teller said she didn’t rip it I saiid are you calling me a liar roll back the security tape I garuntee that my licence is whole the manager while he’s taping it together says if I won’t lower my voice he’d escort me out the started speaking punjabi and put it thru saying I didn’t need to show Id for bank card,the staff and manager didn’t handle this right embarrassed me and I shop for a society of recovery houses weekly and I don’t think I’ll be returning besides I asked for head offices # they gave me6049428480 this just rings and rings.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

my email at Walmart was hacked and someone was able to change to email address and order items with my credit card. I called Walmart and they said they cancelled the order but I got a notice today that one item on the order was being shipped to me. The other two items were emailed to the phony email address but charged to my credit card. I had called my credit card company to cancel the order and I am glad I did because Walmart let it slip through.
Walmart gave me a temporary password. It was PASSWORD1. Can you believe how inept they are that the give you a password over the phone is so ridiculously simple and did not even ask me to verify anything else on the account.

Customer Rating

I won't EVER spend another dollar at the Walmart in Dublin, GA...I found a ladies pocket book in an empty cart in the cart return in the parking lot. I took it inside after asking 2 ladies that i saw walking away from the area, who said that it wasn't theirs. I stopped an emplyee walking by asked if she could take the purse, that I had found in the parking lot, she tried to give to 3 other employees, none of which seemed to want to be bothered with having to take it.

I was a little worried by now that no one would even try to notify the owner.. So i decided to look and see who the owner was, maybe I could let her know that her pocket book was safe. Then the 1st cashier that declined to accept the pocket book, Shouts "Don't let that man go through that woman's purse!", insuating that I was up to no good! Then the first employee that I stopped snatched it out of my hands and took it behind the counter.

If I was gonna do something wrong, I wouldn't walk back into the store, garner a bunch of attention then do it in front of everyone!!! I had serious concerns about whether any them sorry/rude employees was even gonna inconvience themselves enough to try to notify the owner!!! I know that if my wife left her pocket book in public place, that she would worry herself to death until she knew that it was safe! That'll be last time I darken the doors of that store full of sorry, rude, lazy, and inconsiderate employees!!!

Customer Rating

I am very upset with the whole savings catcher program, I truly believe it is a genius marketing tool and a great way for Walmart to control what they allow in regards to what consumers can save. First shoppers had the BOGO, which was awesome; however I can understand how that would have cost too much to the bottom line since cashiers were not able to check ever advertisement and consumers would take advantage of it. Fail on the consumers part to remain honest and shame on them for ruining it for the honest ones. So then here comes savings catcher, not quite BOGO since we are only refunded the difference on the price of the two items combined. Ok, well, that doesn't replace the BOGO, but it's something.

Adjustment to the savings catcher way - DONE!. Wait for my savings to come back, get my egiftcard but then at the store, have to hold up the line so a CSM can come and put the key in when I redeem my egiftcard.. OK, not the most convenient, but I'll deal with the glares and complaints of the people behind me (normally 8-10 people deep because my Walmart never has enough cashiers) to save a couple of bucks. Over the weeks of using the program, I start noticing that I'm not getting back as much as I think I am. I am an financial analyst, so let’s just say math and budgets are my thing. On my last receipt, I anticipated a refund back on two larger ticket items and several smaller ones. Out of the approximately 8 items that were BOGO at other stores, I received a refund on NONE of those. I got a few cents for a difference in grapes. So, I went through my receipt and indicated the discrepancy via the instructions.

I entered in the dates of the advertisement and the competitors name. I waited expecting the difference to show up. I received an email stating that the savings couldn't be found and that I had to submit a picture of the ad in a specific format (not a common format like a .jpeg, .pdf or .bit, but one that I’ve never heard of) to defend the fact that I'm not getting the proper reward. The email didn’t even state WHICH ITEM I needed to submit the documentation for. It’s been weeks since my purchases. I am an environmentally conscious individual, so I don’t normally have the actual paper hard copy advertisements. I normally do my shopping list on my phone. All this PLUS the fact that I don't recognize the format, I do not have the proper documentation to send in and can’t PROVE I am owed the “reward”. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have now made it so difficult to save those extra dollars that I’m done with this whole insane program.

I have to rely on your proper data entry that is obviously not up to date nor accurate, plus I have to PROVE you are missing it... I can understand missing one item, but 8 items?.. that just seems intentional. Walmart now won't "lose" money by giving consumers money back on items that can get be purchased less expensive elsewhere. In return, I will no longer be shopping the deals, will no longer use the savings catcher and will be back to my old way of shopping the deals by going to Winn Dixie and Publix for their advertised BOGO's. I will no longer be doing my weekly shopping at Walmart or dealing with the madness you all have created. You all may have the "best" prices, but you have the worst customer service, the store is filthy, poorly stocked and I honestly feel this whole savings catcher was a calculated move by your marketing people to save face with taking away the BOGO as well as a way for you to control what savings are given.

Well done honestly - at least you have a couple of geniuses working for Walmart and they have done their job... they have maximized your profits. Maybe someone should check on the employees doing the data entry for the savings catcher program. Doesn’t seem to me that they are doing their jobs, or maybe they are?

An extremely frustrated, ex-Walmart consumer.

Customer Rating

I was in grocery shopping and stopped by the meat dept to pick up a whole cut up chicken like I have done many times in the past. I noticed there wasn't any so I asked the person putting out meat and he said they didn't have any and he never has seen any. I asked him for a manager and I waited 10 minutes he had to call her 2 times just so she can tell me the same thing. But she said wait and she would get me another person in which I waited another 10 minutes and Tyler came up and asked me what I needed and I asked him you mean no one told you the problem and he said no, so I go over it all again so he can tell me the same thing. I asked them to please just go and cut me up one and said they can't do that. So after almost 25 minutes of waiting to get a cut up fryer to no avail, I told him well you wonder why people go to dillions for the groceries and told him thats where i will going in the future. So I left and went to Dillons to puchase my cut up fryer and other items I needed for our dinner.The Walmart I was at was 3030 N Rock Rd Wichita Ks 67226.

Customer Rating

The Shelbyville , TN Walmart continues to allow semi trucks with trailers to park in their parking lot in front of the no truck parking sign. This creates a significant hazard as it is very difficult to see around these large vehicles. I have discussed this with the management on several occasions to no avail. On many occasions I have narrowly avoided being hit by other cars that could not see around these trucks. Does it a take someone getting hit or killed to get Walmart to enforce their own posted rules?

They could allow trucks to park at the far left side of the building between the Ascend Credit Union and the outdoor and gardening section of this store where there is minimal traffic.

Customer Rating

I read on the Newspaper that walmarts were matching Competitors prices and their ads but when customers get to the check out it became a whole different ball game. my thing is this if you say you going to do something Please deliver have a meeting with your cashiers so they are all in the same page because it really makes Walmart look bad when you see cashiers are standing there arguring with customers.I love Walmart and I want you to do better see you.

Customer Rating

I usually food shop at the walmart supercenter in benton or bryant arkansas. for several months now, I have looked for, but cannot find BRYAN BEEFY JUMBO hot dogs. They are my favorite. I have requested that store personnel check on this. All I have been told is that they are not on the “buy” list. WHY? This has been a continuous problem for about 4-5 months now. I would like to know the REAL reason why walmart is not carrying this food item anymore.

Customer Rating

I started on my lunch break about 1:30 pm on a Wednesday afternoon and wanted to pick up a few items from Walmart. I have recently had to use crutches due to an injury. As I entered the store I noticed there were no scooters. Several other handicapped customers entered the store as well. When a employee was approached by one of the customers for assistance the employee said that was not part of his job. There where no scooters. Not only did I waste my lunch, my time and energy. The employee was rude.

Customer Rating

Walmart advertises low prices and will meet competitor prices. For a prescription I needed for an antibiotic for upcoming surgery, Walmart's price for Levaquin was approx. $11/tablet and my prescription is for 3 tablets or $33 to fill it. This is the highest price compared to all of the other CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreen pharmacies. At the KMART pharmacy the TOTAL cost for the 3 tablets was $11.35 Walmart lies and in this case was over 300% higher than Kmart and about 150-200% higher than all other local pharmacies.

Customer Rating

I went to Walmart Sunday afternoon to get groceries. I came out to my car and noticed a woman and her kids in a burgundy van pulling out from a parking place beside me. I noticed they were standing by my car and when they pulled out and left and I looked over and noticed writing on my window saying idiot written in lipstick. I went in to get security and was told they don't work on Sundays and call back tomorrow and talk to them about the security tapes. They weren't very helpful.

Customer Rating

I do all of my shopping on line, i like to take my time looking at everey thing, but something changed you place so much junk from other stores all around the items i'm tring to see i can't tell what's what! If i wanted to shop at other stores i would go to other stores, it also keeps locking up after everthing comes up at once then i can't get to what i want! I'm a disable senior citizen unable to go to stores, get distracted and agravated to so mch junk at one time, my friends too. I guess it's worth paying a little extra for comfort and no aggravation. Besides i heard something about you helping muslims?

Customer Rating

Went to Walmart to use the rest room and they were nasty. I fill like germs are spread like wild fire in this store maybe I should call health department and take photos of it.

Customer Rating

I'm Disabled and we went to the side entrance where the Gates where closed and what concerned me most was that you are not complying to the fire exit Standards. When you where given the permit to build the store You needed to provide that exit to use in an emergency basis and are violating the Township Fire regulations. Your handicap scooters are being used by everyone that feels like using the carts fro kids to perfectly competent people everyday and you have relinquished all responsibility for the use.of the parking area you don't have near enough spaces and no one is enforcing the management of any of these areas.

The store has increased all the prices by at least 30 % since before Thanksgiving. You have installed a huge of self checkouts and have reduced your employees by about 40% causing very long lines everywhere in the store including the self check out areas. WHAT A JOKE your Management has become to all your valuable customers in the York area. Most ot the handicap carts are out of order on not charged . Please feel to meet with me anytime or talk to me anytime. These issues are a very serious matter and can't be ignored or tolerated any longer.

Customer Rating

Went this Walmart the park lot was so bad with snow that had remove it was a joke could not find a parking space. Also trouble getting check this girl had to spend , a long time talk to a pal and then had to put bags up had bags in the rake made people in line wait long time for her bad action. Her name was Hattie, this was in the Walmart in Middlesboro ky

Customer Rating

I was at the walmart on old national and i really just wanted to walk back out or personally speak to a manager about my service. First walking into the walmart bathroom I was utterly displeased tissue was everywhere no toilet paper water was all over the place and the stalls was disgusting. I went ti the electronic section with my sister to get a tablet and had to wait hours just to even get someone for service then had to wait another half hour just for them to come over. On top. Of that there were no grocery carts I had to go outside in the rain in the Parking lot. lot to get one i need yall to get it together all these new hired employees it should not look like this.

Customer Rating

Walmart has the worst customer service. They take forever to answer the phones. when they do, they transferr you to the right department while your in mid sentience and all you here is "one moment" They soound as if you have just ruined their entire day with your phone call. Its not professional . Walmart seems to hire anybody these days. S....A....D

Customer Rating

Trying to call to see about an ordered item and get stuck on hold for long periods of time and calling back over and over and over and over again with nothing accomplished. Then speaking with the manager about issue to be insulted by them and rudely hung up on. This is unacceptable behavior. This manager's name is Jennifer. This happened around 3;30 p.m. on February 21 2015.

Customer Rating

I had Walmart / Family Mobile for over a year on two seperate telephones and the service was never 100%, dropped calls and messages missed. My real problem is when you try to contact the company for any reason a non-english speaking or understanding person most likely in another country would answer the call and have difficulty understanding me or I would not understand the person. Recently I decided to replace with another carrier and I ported my telephones and called to say I was leaving Family Mobile. My problem was the person on the other end of the line and trying to get the idea I was leaving the plan.

He in this case was only interested in telling me I was overdue for my monthly payment and I tried to explain I knew that and was really a week overdue and would wait to get the final bill in order to reach the correct amount. I am too old to fool around with my credit and take my score very seriously. I had the new carrier port my number. I paid the Family Mobile bill the next day and and felt all was well! Big mistake now Family Mobile wants another $88.00 for not reporting my cancellation. I have filed a protest with the FCC and will file one with BBB today, this kind of treatment should be reported every time a customer is billed for the companies incompent employees.

Customer Rating

We purchased a Visio "60" TV April 25th 2014 and brought a three year service plan in addition to a one year manufactures warranty. Unfortunately, after ten months the TV broke down. We called it to be serviced through Visio, who put us through to HDTV tech working with a contract company named Diversified TV. After, constant back and forth, repeatedly given rhetoric about the inability to service, this TV due to a height requirement (cannot service if, TV is higher than 5 ft. from floor) that was never disclosed when TV was purchased. Nor at time of sale when we also paid for TV to be mounted.

My husband and I both have disabilities and repeatedly informed these people (Diversified TV), that we were unable to unmount the TV. Had we known of this stipulation, we would have not opted to pay for it to be mounted in the first place. And to raise a question, if Walmart and all parties connected with service of such items, sell these items which the majority of the time are brought to be mounted, how do those who have disabilities, get properly serviced with these items. If the stipulation is in placed? Being, again unaware of this Height requirement, that was not disclosed at Point of Sale. I feel this is a breach of contract, or a misrepresentation of services, if you purchase an extended warranty on an item, in addition to the manufactures warranty, only to find when said services are requested, there are stipulation that weren't mention at time of sale.

It has been very disheartening process in addition to dealing with unprofessional people who seemingly, will hide behind a policy that needs to be revamped and revised. Shame on Walmart, Visio, Diversified TV and everyone connected with this idiotic policy, that doesn’t provide allowances for those who have disabilities. Or unable to physically, remove a TV purchased. I have shopped at Walmart for years and never dealt with a travesty of this multitude.

Customer Rating

I need someone to contact me in reference to my visa prepaid debit card I can not get a resolution or any kind of help from any representatives at 8779374098. I have no been able to use my card or get my money off of it there has also been transactions made that was not made by me and I do not understand how because they put a block on my card on feb. 2 due to suspicious activity and was suppose to mail me a new card which I still have not received. I called on feb 16 to see what the status was on my new card and checked the balance of the card and it had a zero balance and it should of had 178.00 dollars on it. The hold was put on the card feb 2 I have not been able or made any transactions since then I asked that the hold be removed back on the second and they informed me they could not do that I would have to wait for my new card. I have spoke with three or four different reps and I have asked all of them to let me speak to someone that is higher than them so I could get this resolved and I am always told there is no one else I can speak with. I need to be contacted by someone who can help me get my money back and problem resolved I do not want to have to take further actions. Your help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Customer Rating

I bought a large dutch apple pie to serve to some guests, and when sliced, put on plates, handed out and some guests had already taken bites, others started noticing movement on their plates. Little black beetles were emerging from the Apple filling. This was totally disgusting and some of my guests said as much and left my house. I went back to Wal-Mart simply to inform them so no one else would get bugs in their pie and was told that I should have brought the pie back. I informed them that I wasn't about to bring bugs into a food store and was told that they could not therefore do anything about this matter.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Tracey Hughes on 08/30/2013 at IP address 54.226.177.94 using our Walmart complaint form. This opinions contained in this Walmart customer review titled, "Live crawling bugs in apple pie." do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I like shopping at Walmart for the exception of the tire department. I bought two tires today a ticket was written up at 2:00 pm and didn't drive out until 4:03. With only 1 car ahead of me changing two front tires. The sad part there 4 people in the shop and they spent most of the time talking to a person about there work schedule. When they did go back to work all the others watched 1 person taking off the tire and putting it back on.

I watched them in and out of the lobby. I used to change tires years ago when you would use a manual apparatus to take the tire of the wheel. I like shopping at Walmart for the exception of the tire department. It is always the same people work very slow and looks like they have no urgency on getting a vechicle done and on to the next one. I really feel you can triple your business by showing some urgency when they vehicles to work on. I know I am not the only dissatisfied customer .

I am a Superintendent at a slaughter facility and manage several supervisor's and hundreds of people. Our main focus it keeping the cutomer happy. We look at we are priviledged have customers having business with us not that they are lucky we do business with them. No customers no business!

I would guarantee you if you set a reasonal time to get the job done you would have more customers and in turn more profits. WE ALL KNOW OUR BOSSES LOOK AT THE BOTTOM LINE! With today's episode I am not really sure if I will return to buy any more tires. I have spent $700.00 in tires since this last January.

I own a total of 4 vehicle and I know soon I will have to buy more tires.
I which y0u can convince me in going back because I will probably take my business else where unless something changes. This was store 0822 in Amarillo, Tx

Customer Rating

I was in the Pharmacy on the 23rd of December. Trying to purchase the cleaner solution for my Braun Razor. For some reason which makes no sense it is locked up with the Razors. They called three times and I waited 25 minutes before someone came and this lady came who I think is the head cashier or whatever but she finally comes and tells me they cant find who has the key. They think they might have gone home with it. For crying out loud if you lock things up you should have several folks responsible enough to unlock it. You held up the Pharmacist and me for about 25 useless minutes. My time has some value also. This store continues to be the worst store I have ever been in. Store number 0811 Arcadia Florida. JOE LEveille

Companies Like Walmart