Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Michael Campbell
Jan 25, 2015
Poor

We recently visited your Walmart in Douglas Arizona and to be honest I was most displease. The store its self was nasty and unkempt. I've never seen one of your stores in such condition and was really surprise. On top of all that they seemed really racist. I took pictures for you but can't figure out where to send them.By the way, they have a leak under the water fountain that could cause someone to get hurt. I reported it and a month later it was still leaking..

Have you had problems with Walmart?

Compare Walmart to Similar Department Stores more...

Top 765 Reviews about Walmart

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Walmart customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

We ordered a Wedding Cake...with extra fillings. All the people at the Wedding asked where we purchased the cake because it was all lop sided. I paid $156.00 with tax for this cake and it was a disaster.

I went two days prior to the cake to be made and spoke to a Robert that was in the Bakery Dept. I waited for the decorator...she never came...I paid and left. When I went back to the Bakery to talk to the decorator to ask why this cake was like this and to complain because I thought $156. and being a Wedding Cake, it would be as ordered.

Well, no cake decorator to complain to again. I got to talk to this Robert again. He stated that the decorator never showed the day of the Wedding to make the cake, so he had to pull other people from the floor to make it! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Can you look into this for me please...what we pay for on a special cake is the decorating...we pay mostly for labor...

The thing is, the Groom works for WalMart at another store. I asked if he could get a discount, that was before the cake was made, they said no because food is not included in his discounts. But....the cake was a disgrace. Troy is an excellent worker at Walmart and has been told this by many associates where he works on Power Road.

The Wedding Cake is one of the most important parts of a Wedding. This should never have happened especially to him or any other customer for that matter. Please look into this matter for me? It was at the Apache Junction Store on Apache Trail.

Horrible

On May 8, 2015, I stopped into the Dubois, Pa Wal-Mart to purchase 4 gallons of paint/primer. One gallon of exterior white primer, one gallon of exterior white paint/primer and 2 gallons of exterior porch paint color wheat.

Last Saturday I had people here to paint the porch. The primer had been applied, dried and one gallon of the porch paint was applied. Today, a week + one day later, we opened the second gallon of porch paint, and instead of the wheat color, it was white. Just the base, no color.

So I called Dubois Walmart, and explained the situation to them, and they told me to bring it in. They would give me the right color. I explained to the lady I live 50 miles from the store, and it would be 100 miles for us to make a trip over, and feel I should be compensated for the time and expense. She said she would have to put me in touch with the manager.

Shortly, the manager Tony came on the phone and listened to what I had to say. He agreed it was a terrific inconvenience and was quick to offer me a gift card to make up for any inconvenience they have caused. So with that, I said okay. We made the trip over and got the color of paint I was using, and went to customer service and picked up the gift card. I just checked the amount of the card, and it is for $20.00. A trip over and back costs us at least $40.00 in diesel fuel.

We have a pick up truck and that is what it uses. It is not my fault the clerk did not put the color in the paint. That was her job. It is not my fault she did not check to see if it was the right color, as I showed her the sample. While I was standing there today waiting on my paint to process, the same thing happened to another woman. The only difference was the clerk took the cover off of the can and checked the color, and it was white base, and it was supposed to be a blue.

I am finding more and more mistakes are being made in customer service. Fast food is almost impossible to get the order right, the post office is constantly putting someone else's mail in my box, I have to return several times to the Wal-Mart Pharmacy in St Marys, Pa (86 miles round) to get my prescriptions they don't put in my bag.

I am so frustrated with the poor customer service I have been getting. I am sure I am not the only one. Please, reassure me that this poor service is not here to stay. I am 70 years old, dealing with my husbands Alzheimer's disease, heart disease and prostrate cancer. It would do me well if people would be more conscientious about doing a good job for their employer and making sure the customer is being well taken care of.

And in return, the customer will tell the world what a great place it is to do business. In the mean time, until I hear differently, I will take the extra money I pay in fuel to return to Walmart to get something right, I will go to Sherwin Williams and purchase my paint there.

Horrible

This is the third time I have purchased milk and found it be to sour when I arrived home. Also I have an issue with the manager on 2 small single broccoli purchase, which was total incorrect. The checker charged me for 2 double broccoli wrap in cellophane instead of the individual ones. Not a major deal, the difference in price was approx 2.00. In fairness to the manager I only had the receipt and not the 2 small broccoli with me, I didn't appreciate his attitude at all. I'm live very comfortable and certainly not in the practice of trying to cheat anyone.

Horrible

I purchased two bottles of cascara sagrada @ $5.44 each & was charged for three. I also purchased a PK2 freezer bag that was marked @ $3.95 an was charged $14.97. I also purchased a small carry bag that was marked $7.50 and was charged $7.97. So I was over charged $16.91 + tax.

I don't usually stand there at the checkout and go over the sales slip. Never had to before. But this is outrageous. While I'm venting there is something else that happened about a week ago: at the speedy checkout as I checked out, the cashier was going to charge me $.33 each for 15 key limes that cost $1.12 per pound. But I caught that one. And as I spoke to the male cashier, I could smell a strong sence of whiskey. This was at the Walmart supercenter @ 4331Thousand Oaks Drive San Antonio Tx 78217. Tuesday the May 13th @10:36 AM.

Poor

After shopping in the Lake Park FL main store I decided to wait for the liquor store to open at 10 AM. A few minutes after opening time I went to the door to find 2 employees waiting outside. Management had not yet arrived with the key. Employees both said this was an every day thing. At 10:10 the assistant manager arrives starts to unlock the door and then remembers the alarm was not turned off. She radios for someone to check the alarm board to see if alarm is off, A few minutes later she unlocks the door only to find alarm still on. So the doors are locked again and more radioing for assistance. At 10:15 she unlocks again, alarm still on. She said she would let these customers make their purchases, which had to be credit card since the cash drawers weren't set up, and close the doors again. It's one thing to have this incident not an "everyday" thing. Shame on the management team at the Lake Park FL store #3348.

Good

The Porterville CA store is filthy dirty and has very narrow aisles. I am surprised that the fire department has not condemned it especially on big shopping days such as Black Friday. Most of the time the shelves are not stocked and are frequently empty. This is not the norm for most Walmart stores. I have traveled in several states and have frequent several stores in each. Unfortunately the one closest to me happens to be the filthiest and the most cramped in space. I let my wife do shopping in this store because I get angry just walking throughout the store! We only purchase what we MUST here. Nothing more.

Bad

I've been standing in jewelry department for twenty minutes while the only worker is changing watch batteries he gets to second watch can't get the back off customer ask to try proceeds to meanwhile your WalMart employee standing there Isay sir could you get this ring bare in mind he just watching customer work on his on watch he says in a minute I'm perturbed name was Joseph tagged service manager LOL he would be floor crew sweeping if he worked for me!

Poor

I bought 2 50 dollar straight talk prepaid phone cards in different months that were no good. the store refused to give me a refund even though I had my receipt and wouldn't even give me another card. In total I was out one hundred dollars in phone cards I purchased expecting them to work. I switched to a different company and the manager and employees were very rude, not helpful and it was basically, sorry, not our problem. I find this inexcusable and refuse to shop at Walmart unless this is fixed

Bad

So I've shopped at this store 4080 Stevens Creek blvd S.J Ca. for about 20 times , had problems a least 5 times. When I say problems I mean downright annoying ruin your morning type problems , all at the check out side of things. The place is great in that there is no waiting (until you check out) because nobody shops there, that can't be good for you Today I packed up my groceries in one of your bags because I forgot mine , but my debit card with about $1000 would not go through , or maybe it did it said approved but locked up and went back asking me to insert payment. So I might be out $17. As usual there was no one up front to help, this time they were having a problem over at customer "service". I knew this was going to be another pain in the ass situation.

So I just pushed the card in front of the kiosk near the registers and left , not a soul noticed. It still amazes me that at every time I've been there, there is literally more employees then there are customers. How can they have so much confusion with 10 people on line at any time. I've shopped at the store on Showers Dr in Mt. View and in 10 yrs I've had maybe 5 problems total. I would estimate that being more then 300 times. There was fresh strawberrys, small blueberry pies , Cheetos , broccoli , lemon pound cake , banana's and maybe a couple of other items. The reason I tell you what "I wanted to buy " was , unless you have allot of other customers leave a bag full of groceries in front of their front register kiosk , they should remember it. This purchase was from the self checkout register , which is the only reason I shop there.

Horrible

I was at the Quinlan Texas Walmart this morning about 10:00am and bought DELO 15w40 4 gallon oil. I decided that I needed to get a couple more this evening to change my other vehicle and went to Greenville Texas. The price for the same oil was a little over $1.00 difference.

I asked the cashier and she said she would was other store to verify and did, asked for a manager and he said he could only make one at that price. Why is this if it should already be the same price at both Walmarts? He was very rude and did not want to help and said that it was only $1.00. His name was Ronnie Roden, I would like to see about getting the rest of my money back and talk to someone that is concerned about this matter.

Horrible

I bought a new battery for my lawnmower April 2014. Today, the battery was dead and would not recharge using my charger at home so I took it to our local Wal-Mart- 1359 W. 2nd St. Waldron, Arkansas, at 1:30 PM where I bought it. It said two year free replacement on the front of the battery.

When I arrived I was told that they would have to check it for the charge and it would take about 30 minutes. I asked about exchanging the battery because of the Warranty and she said we have to check it first. I didn't have a big problem with this for the first 30 minutes but then I was told that it would be another hour and a half before they could determine if it was bad.

I asked to speak to the manager, Debra, who said she was a manager showed up after 20 minutes of huddling with two other workers, Vickie, from the maint. department where I was standing waiting, and Pam from the information desk up front. Guess they were getting their stories straight. Vickie finally came on back and said how may I help you, I said I think you know why I am here. She said well it's our policy to check the battery before we can make the exchange and it will be another hour and a half before we can determine if it is bad.

I guess the beating on the charger didn't make the battery charge after the first 30 minutes of waiting. She said the warranty doesn't mean anything, we have to go by our policy and you will have to come back later. I tried to tell her that I had someone hired and waiting to do my lawn and I needed the battery now and the battery had a two year replacement warranty on it. No such luck....after waiting until 4:15 PM it was determined that the battery was bad.

After much defending of their policy, I finally received another battery, however, it didn't make up for the long 3 hour, unnecessary wait plus the $50. I lost from having to pay the lawn person who had traveled to mow the lawn and couldn't.

This may seem like a small matter but it isn't. Some of our Wal-Mart employees are very rude to the customers and no help at all. On my way out I told Pam at the information desk that the battery had been determined bad, she said well it isn't my department anyway. So I am wondering why she was back there with the manager and Vickie putting in her two cents on why they shouldn't be making the exchange. Maybe it had to do with the truck battery that I bought for $105. dollars last year and it was dead when I got home with it and wouldn't crank the truck.

I took my receipt of about 30 minutes old and asked for a different battery as this one was dead. Pam said did you hook it up in the truck, I said well yes that's how I know it is dead. She said well it voids the warranty when you hook it up and we can't make an exchange due to our policy. So my new $102. dollar battery is still sitting at home hoping that some day the truck may start by magic from it.

Waldron Wal-Mart store could certainly use the Boss under cover visit. Plus an attitude adjustment for some of the workers. Mr. Walton would be ashamed today if he was still living. This home town policy- if it really is a policy- needs adjustment.

Horrible

I will never again go into you Walmart store in Springfield Pa. The employees that are in there are the most miserable people I have ever seen. They don't smile, say hello, how are you, nothing comes out of there mouth. I work in retail so I know you are suppose to smile, make eye contact with customers, say hello, how are you, can I help you with anything. Also this store is very messy I have never seen such a messy store. Also all the employees that work in this store seem to have a chip on their shoulder. Yes Walmart will never be seeing me again.

Horrible

I have never seen so many expired products in you refrigerated department. I picked up a roll of cookie dough and it expired April 2 the next one expire April 29 after going thru about 6 or 7 rolls I finally found one that expires on May 24. I told one of the associates and he took the expired rolls off the shelf, {about 12 rolls}. I went to get packaged ham, and again all expired packages. I put them aside and got so frustrated I left without my ham. That associate picked all the set aside ham and put it back on the shelf.

I hate going to Wal Mart more every time I have to go there. Since you put so many stores out of business, you could at least put products out that are worth purchasing.

Horrible

This afternoon at approx. 6:30 pm, I went to purchase a fishing license.The man working in sporting goods called for a manager. After about 20 minutes, I thanked him for his assistances and left the store. It would be different if it was 9:00 pm, then I would understand the lack of staff in your store, its a shame with corporation as large as Walmart you can't find the man hours take care of your customers!! By the way I work in retail also, my customers don't wait 20:00 minutes.

Horrible

On April 23, 2015, I purchased a Walmart family mobile and starter kit for my daughter. I did not open the starter kit and phone til today May 4, 2015 to surprise my daughter for her birthday. In the process of activating the phone with the starter kit, the customer rep. tells me the sales associates have given me the wrong starter kit for the phone.

So I take the phone and the starter kit back to the Walmart with the receipt. First, I go to the customer center and hand her the starter kit as you know the sims card is broken from the board and its in the package. She tells me to take it to electric department. I am not thinking that the sim card could fall out so when I get in that department there is an associate that does not know anything about the Walmart family mobile phone booth. Not thinking, he takes it out of my hand. Once again its been slammed on the counter, carried many times back and forth to the fixture.

Finally, he calls the assistant manager and she says she does not know anything about the Walmart family mobile. She takes the package over to the fixture as well. Finally, she says we will return it and give you the right one when she opens the package the sim card is gone. Then she tells me that it cannot be return because there is no sim card.

I tell her that the sim card was in the package and I made sure before I came into the store that it could have fallen out with all the carrying back and forth to the register. She tells me their is nothing she can do. I told her first of all her associate sold me the wrong starter kit with the phone second why would I drive from my house without the sim card when I am trying to surprise my daughter with the phone.

Now I have a phone that is not working and I don't have any money to replace the sim card and the customer rep had already given me a phone number upon activating the phone. Now I am about to be charged for minutes and the phone does not have a sim card.

So I call Walmart store#0604 to talk to the manger, Stephanie Hines. I was on hold for over 20 minutes then finally the same asst. manager gets on the phone and tells me the same verbiage about the sim card which I understand but I would not be going through all this trouble if the sales associate would have given me the correct sim card in the first place. I continue to talk to her and she calls me a liar by saying that I never had a sim card in the package.

I thought customers are always right. I am a manager at J.C. Penney and I don't care what goes on, the end result the customer is taken care of regardless. Then she tells me they will review the cameras to see if I dropped it. I'm wondering to myself how will you see that little white sim card anyway. I ask her did she need my number and name.

I guess she took it down because I called at 1:20 P.M. today May 04, 2015 because she let me know that it will take an hour and thirty minutes to view the tapes. In Dothan, Al. it is now 4:48 P.M. I have not heard anything. What kind of business is this?? I am disappointed on how I am being treated!! All I want is the correct sim card to work my daughter phone.

Horrible

On May 4, the lady across the street asked me and my wife for help to get her a TV out at Walmart. She is 94 years and can't get out. She sent a check with me and we went to the Halleyville Al, Walmart. We picked out the TV and was directed to the pay out counter. The department head was on the phone so a new sales person stated she would have to call the owner of the check.

I gave her my phone and she was told it was ok. The dept. head stopped with her call long enough to say that they had to have the lady's drivers license number on the check and I told her that she is 94 and hasn't driven in the last 20 years. She was rude to us and I ask for the store manager and he was too. He didn't even care what I had to say. The dept head should have gotten off the phone and took care of the problem!! I paid for the TV and will not shop with Walmart in Halleyville again!!

Horrible

Seems like whomever is doing the ordering at the Macedonia store doesn't have a clue. I have gone to this store on different days and different times and every time I do I never get what's on my list. Response is always it will be on tomorrow's truck. I hope things change otherwise, I will be taking my business somewhere else

Poor

I and my sisters are frequent shoppers at the Walmart stores in my local area such as Shelby and Gastonia. We went out of town visiting in Salisbury North Carolina and Raleigh and was quite pleased when we got a Walmart in Kings Mountain, North Carolina. I am also a grocery shopper at Harris Teeter in these areas and a e-vic shopper and compare prices frequently to the prices at Walmart.

Today my sisters and I had to go get some items for the gift bags we do for Mother's Day at our church and so we thought to kill two birds with one stone by doing all of our shopping at Walmart. Imagine our surprise when the manager at Walmart, Pam Thomas, told my sisters that you do not honor e-vic specials which can only be generated my e-mail. When did this become the norm for price match?

Bad

Sunday May 3rd at approximately 9:15 AM: I approached the deli to place an order. There were two female employees on the other end behind the counter (beside one another). They seemed to be diligently working. I stood at the meat counter for what seems like a long time. I never said anything. I just 'continued' to stand there. When I say STAND, I'm 6'6 275 lbs (so I STOOD out and NOT hard to miss). They continued to ignore my presence. A male employee came out of the back door and 'looked' as if to say " you have a customer". The female employee makes her way over to me "NEVER" says a word and just stood across the counter from me. I asked "Are you going to say anything?". Her immediate response was "I say hey". I could not believe that was her response. "HEY"? Which she NEVER said even THAT because I watched her the entire time she walked over.

I placed my order. This "employee" handed me my order and NEVER said a word (ie thank you, would there be anything else or have a good day). THAT ENTIRE EXPERIENCE AND THE TREATMENT (OR LACK OF) WAS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!! I am a regular of this particular Walmart and have NEVER been treated this way. I can honestly say it seems like GOOD/QUALITY customer service is a thing of the past. I'm pretty sure this complaint will never be acknowledged, but I would love to be proven wrong. I did voice my complaint with a manager IMMEDIATELY afterwards. She did agree that was unacceptable and would discuss with the employee. I'm not one to complain about much THESE days, but when its blatantly IN YOUR FACE, I felt I HAD to. I would like to remain being a regular shopper with your store, but I will NOT be treated the way I was treated today.

Horrible

June 2014, I purchased a refurbished General Electric Remote Controlled 10,000 BTU window A/C unit. I am mechanically savvy, my A/C's compressor does not turn off but I am quite sure I can fix it. I called the company who refurbished the unit what the Serial # or Model # my unit is so I can troubleshoot. I was told "we strip the unit of all identifying numbers as per Walmart's request". I was told to contact Walmart and get the numbers from them.

I called Walmart and was told "you have to contact the refurbisher because we're not allowed to give out that information." I asked "why is that, that doesn't make any sense?" The brilliant answer I was given was "we don't know why we can't give out the numbers, but to call the refurbisher and get the numbers from them". Again, I called the refurbisher and explained Walmart just told me you will give me the numbers, and once again, I was told they can't help me with any numbers. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU PEOPLE??????

Contact the Walmart Complaint Department