Customer Satisfaction Results
2.08 out of 5 Stars
251 Consumer Reviews

Facebook
Complaint Department

Facebook is the world's largest social network. So, you might expect them to have a busy complaint department. There have been more than 200 consumer complaints submitted so far.

The most common way to contact Facebook with a complaint is by visiting their help center. They have provided a wide range of customer resources for your use. You can also call Facebook customer service using the phone number 650-543-4800, although that is not the best way to complain. There really is no customer hotline, at least not one they disclose. Another social media option would be to mention Facebook on twitter, if you want to do so then use their company profile.

In case you want to write a complaint letter to CEO Mark Zuckerberg, the official corporate address is 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park California, 94025. The headquarters are very nice and located in the heart of Silicon Valley. It is not difficult to find if you ever find yourself in the area.

Some of the more common Facebook complaints include:

• Hacked accounts
  • Banned profiles
  • Harrassment and stalking
  • Innapproriprate content
  • Spam messages

Have you had problems with Facebook?

Compare Facebook to Similar Social Media more...

Top 251 Reviews about Facebook

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Facebook customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Hello, good day. I wanted to enquire, how long does it take for my Facebook account information to be verified, when my account is locked out so that my user name is verified? I already submitted my
government issued ID over 5 days ago.

Upvote (0)

How is it OK for a parking site to post pictures and comments of my vehicle on your site this is illegal facebook. I don't want people to know where I live at all and y have a picture of my car on a site in facebook it's against my data protection laws and human rights I've spoken to the police they have said they will give u 14 days to remove or they will start court proceedings. I don't want people knowing where I live it's disgusting the page is "parking like a twat" bridgend.

Upvote (0)

My husband is in the United states army fighting in a war in Sudan. There is a facebook page with his picture, on his profile it says he is engaged. I spoke to him last week about the page. He told me that he doesn't have a facebook page. I don't know who created it. But I would like to have it removed immediately. That's disrespectful to me. Can ya'll please do something about it or I will contact the army and have them to do something about it.

Upvote (0)

I have promoted my page from facebook but now i don't want to continue but the amount was been credited from my account. Please cancel my promotion and do not deduct any amount from my account. Please reply as early as possible.

Upvote (0)

I was contacted by a Ensley Charlean Bernice (Charlean Bernice Ensley) to inform me that I was one of the lucky ones picked to receive 6,000,000 us dollars from facebook. After I gave her some info (no bank details) I began to get suspicious. I accused her of being connected to a scam. She has now removed her contact details. Facebook should do a much better job at the corporate level of removing these types of scams.

Upvote (0)

I am considering leaving facebook because of their tax avoidance. It is not a good example to all of us that pay.

Upvote (0)

My facebook account had since blocked for some days now and I tried to have it unblocked with my international passport but won't let me. I want my account back please, thanks.

Upvote (1)

Just want to know how to stop Facebook from loading, loading, loading, jumping, skipping, etc. as I'm trying to look at it. No sooner do I start looking at the first or second post, than it will jump three or four posts later. It's like a runaway train, and I can't stop it. This has never happened before. Does it have anything to do with that new box that started appearing beside selected posts that asks me if I want to share? Less is more, Facebook. I just want to look at a few things and log off. I can't attach an image - the whole thing never remains still long enough for me to read a complete post from anybody!

Upvote (1)

Internet 'trolls' are a reality- it is unavoidable. No one would disagree that they exist. Anyone who has used social media for enough time know just how nasty they can be. No one should disagree that the administration of a page has the right to remove 'trolls' that are causing disruption on their own page by such people. But should the 'trolls' be able to report someone for being banned? Certain Facebook administration staff seem to think so.

It seems that my account has been suspended for a month due to a 'troll' taking offense at being identified and banned as such... ..of course the contents of the post that the 'troll' made which necessitated his removal were completely in line with Facebook Terms of Service.

Of course there is no appeals department for Facebook to look into overworked ( and/or lazy or prejudiced) staff members which means countless individuals, and pages have been unfairly targeted. This is nothing new it seems. It has been going on for years and absolutely nothing has been done about it. Where is the justice? Where are the checks and balances? To whom are Facebook accountable for upholding their own rules consistently?

Realistically, I don't see any substantial restructuring of Facebook policies, yet there should be an impartial appeals process in place for this "first world problem"

Upvote (0)

Just got Windows 10. Now I hit FB and it goes there & then just goes back to cover page, it doesn't stay on. Did get a e-mail from FB and when I clicked on, it was something about a job? Maybe my computer just got hacked. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Upvote (0)

I have a group that is supposed to be secret and I am getting requests to join my secret group. How can that be if they aren't supposed to see my secret group? Also when I go to Facebook's to find thing to post in my secret group every time I make a copy of an article and paste it to my group and then go back to Facebook's it takes me back to the beginning of Facebook. I don't like it and neither do any of the people I associate with. I would appreciate some answers and some help with these two problems please. I expect to hear from you about these problems.

Upvote (0)

The man created another(fake id) for blackmailing and he blackmailed me and said that he will leak my personal data in the public. This matter is very serious but Facebook does not take an strict action to this id and suspend him. I have asked that they trace his location via his fake id. I'm sending you his screenshot.

Upvote (0)

Hi. I want to open my Facebook account. But i cant open. I do not know what happened with my account from last night. Itx showing.. "Your Facebook account is not available, please wait while we review these documents."

Upvote (1)

The reason why I have complained to ya'll about Facebook is because I am being harassed. I reported a user to Facebook corporate before and nothing was done about it. He has another facebook page and now he have his girlfriend writing to me. Can ya'll please do something about it or direct me to the customer service line at HQ?

Upvote (0)

My facebook account was hacked and now the person who has it is demanding 1,000 rupees to give it back. I have tried to email Facebook support and they are no help.

Upvote (0)

I am complaining on the other half of my mate as he is unwell to do so. My mate has never had a problem with Facebook until yesterday. He received many messages from a fake account, asking for is location, who he is? etc. The account was Emma Jane it looked like it was someone from Pakistan. Also many people has just been using his pictures without his permission that should never be allowed. He reported it all but Facebook couldn't take them down. Why? Are you dumb? Cant you see its fake accounts? Cant you see people using his pictures?

It has made him very ill, and really paranoid, i woke up to find the toilet seat rip off and placed under the bedroom door without things. He is ill as it is and he takes 30 tablets a day for his adhd and many other things. This has made him even worse. If you DO NOT DO ANYTHING about this, we will be taking this to court as its breaking Facebook corporate policy.

Upvote (0)

A person has posted a nude image of me online. I have reported it but I want it gone quicker then 3-5 days. Is there a contact phone number for Facebook I can call with a complaint? Their support form seems like a waste of time for situations like this.

Upvote (0)

You have chosen to punish me for quoting from the King James Version 21st Century Bible the words of Jesus spoken in Revelations, on the day that Christians celebrate his birthday. The other quote that Zionist Facebook objected to was from Miko Peled, Israeli from Jerusalem, which has been circulating Facebook in a meme for years now. How could this possibly be against Facebook's community guidelines? Truth must be against your community guidelines but only when stated by certain kinds of people. Perhaps those who interpret the guidelines need a refresher course in Human Rights.

Looking at the ownership of Facebook is very revealing: Goldman Sachs, Jeff Rothschild, very strong Zionist supporters. The Rothschild family owns 80 % of Israel. If you continue to allow Zionist to control you and your business decisions, you will, very shortly, find yourself on the wrong side of history. Similar to where Nazi supporters found themselves after 1945, not a pleasant place to be. I understand Zionism is a political issue, this is not about politics, it is about morality and integrity. Why would Facebook stockholders choose to support genocide of the Palestinian people? You cannot silence everyone from speaking the truth. Just like Israel cannot kill all their enemies, they just continue to make more in the attempt to do so.

Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, whatever our nationality, place of residence, sex, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, language, or any other status. We are all equally entitled to our human rights without discrimination. These rights are all interrelated, interdependent and indivisible.

Upvote (0)

I have been banned from Facebook for 24 hours now and additional 13 hours has been placed on me. This is unfair to me I do not swear and always fact check my posts. I have seen far worse on Facebook than my true picture. I have seen lies. I am a historian and fact check everything I post please lift this unfair ban from my account or help my contact Facebook corporate offices so I can plead my case to them.

Upvote (0)

Is there a type of contest going on where a friend from Facebook tell you to contact a John Bilscher to obtain $50,000 in cash or a new apple computer? Then he wants you to fill out a form and then he will notify you if you are a winner or not. I found this highly unlikely, so I thought I had better notify someone in case it was a scam. But I could not find a phone number to call Facebook customer service, so I thought I would file a complaint here. Thanks for your time and have a Merry Christmas.

Upvote (0)

I have two accounts on Facebook. Someone has tampered with both accounts and they are no longer on facebook. I have tried numerous ways to get the accounts back including updating new information and ID but I have not had any response from Facebook customer service. Can you please look into this and let me know what has gone wrong. I feel really frustrated. I thought facebook was safe, but it seems there are no safeguards against people who are bent on evil. Please please help me resolve this issue.

Upvote (3)

Dear Facebook Complaint Dept. -- I went on a post that had a picture of a woman with one leg and an artificial leg. And this Jim McQueen comments to f*** her and he think ls that's okay? So, I told him that is not right and he answers me with even amputees need to be f*****. Please get this jerk off facebook for very inappropriate comments. This is why people need to be banned instantly for comments like this.

Upvote (0)

My account says it is temporarily locked. Then Facebook wanted me to change my password, which I did and they reset it. I am still locked out of my account. I would like to know why it has a security lock on it, and what I did to cause that to happen. This is very frustrating to me. I can't even say thank Facebook corporate office for helping me, as so far this has just been a nightmare.

Upvote (1)

I discovered that someone used my picture to create a Facebook account, pretending to be me, soliciting my friends, and messaging them, saying that they received $150,000.00 via FedEx, free, and you don't have to pay the money back. I informed my friends that this is a bogus account, fraudulent, and do not give out any information about me or you. I went into Facebook, left several messages with my complaint. I than changed my password. However, I was asked to update the Facebook app, so I did. But, I immediately started having trouble logging in. Next, the Facebook website stopped working, so, thinking it was because of the upgrade, I un-installed what I thought was the upgrade. But now when I try to login to my Facebook account, I seem to have been caught in a loop where I am asked for my password, next I am told that my password (for security) has to be changed. Once I change the password, I am told that my phone number is incorrect. Sometimes, I make to a page that says you can login, but when I do, I get another message that says you have timed out, tap the screen to login, next the program goes to a blue screen, and nothing happens. I am stuck, and I need help.

Upvote (0)

I reported a picture some KKK member had up of two men being lynched. Facebook replied that it didn't violate their Community Standards policies. It's a picture of two men being murdered. Quote from a March 2015 Guardian article regarding the updated FB policies: “We also remove content that expresses support for groups that are involved in the violent, criminal or hateful behaviour mentioned above. Supporting or praising leaders of those same organisations, or condoning their violent activities, is not allowed.” What liars.

Upvote (0)

Dearest Mr Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook. I'm emailing you to file a complaint about your facebook team. Iecently I had emailed you a letter to complaint about the fact that they are requesting me to upload my photo ID and other personal information. This has been going on for so long and it really wasting up my time to all the time log in and sign up to facebook. Is there anyway where I can be helped with out any personal information just to be on facebook? It is sad that I can't even chat with my family members because I'm not on facebook. Please take care of this matter as soon as possible. I've been trying for days and days to relog in but it wont take me so. I have other important things to take care of and I can't just take up my time by relogging in I feel really upset about this and it driving me crazy. And I want this to be over so that I can stay on facebook. I already had place my old photo of myself in the corner of the facebook page and yet They do this to me.

Upvote (2)

So many things were going on Facebook that needed legal attention and just to follow up on harassment by some. I filed complaints and tried to get some kind of help regarding people bashing me and causing harm to my livelihood and not one of my complaints were ever looked into. I have been suspended from my job and harassed by people on here over and over called at my home making terrorism threats and carried concocted stories that did not mean a thing. Facebook has no scruples and could care less of something very serious would happen. My attorney will be looking into this mess and will find the answer since no one there even cared and let unethical things happen. My job is still in jeopardy and I am summoned to court over Facebook. I guarantee there will be an answer to all this because I will not suffer any more because Facebook did nothing to stop the problems I encountered. And am still going through a living hell from all this. Some one has to be responsible.

Upvote (0)

Hello this morning I was on facebook. After that it would not let me back on, it is 12:05 here, so it has been hours that I have tried. its after midnight here. I like playing happy acres on facebook but havent been able to since this morning. Could you please help Ive tried everything I could think of, I thought at first facebook was down but I was told it wasnt by family members.

Upvote (0)

Someone has created a fake Facebook account with my information and photo in it. I believe the company should make it easier to stop these kind of fake pages from being created, and easy to report and shut them down. I have had no luck shutting it down so far, or a response from the company's customer service line.

Upvote (0)

I found this picture of two children hanging a dog by its back legs laughing I think that is cruel. I shared it to see what response I would get so far 35 people think it is disgusting. Why doesn't Facebook do something about this? Could you trace where it came from and ban them from Facebook? Also could they take it down? If children see this they might think it OK to do this to an animal.

Upvote (0)

I ordered for an authentic coach purse on October 27th, 2015. The ordered item was promised to be delivered within a week by "SHENSHUNFA” in BEIJING (CHINA). After more than three weeks, the above item has not been delivered. I have already made the payment by my master card of a total amount of $88.90 ($CAN) to "SHENSHUNFA” in BEIJING (CHINA). I have sent them so many reminders but it was in vain. There was no response from "SHENSHUNFA”. I am beginning to believe that this is a fraud company and making customers fools. I wish to file an official complain about this matter against this Chinese company. I am sending you the initial letter I received from the company identifying my order confirmation number. This product and other fake items.

Upvote (0)

I am in a Facebook group called depression support. Someone posted something about muslims i went to tag the admins in it so that it could be removed and i get a notification from Facebook saying I've been blocked from posting in the groups. There is no Facebook support number to call either, which is frustrating.

Upvote (0)

I want make a complaint about a facebook id which is a fake name this account is fake account in this account my pictures is using someone else so i want please stop this happening please help me what i do please block this id he upload my picture one by one. How do I contact facebook?

Upvote (0)

Have had the same Facebook account for 4 or 5 years now and not experienced any real problems. Being advised my FB account name was no longer 'valid' and needing to be confirmed by sending my driver's license, bank, credit card, and birth certificate details I (understandably) dismissed it as a rather elaborate phishing expedition, changed my password, advised Facebook and thought not much more about it ... right up until I found myself locked out of Facebook.

Seems that like many domestic violence survivors who manage to stay alive & relatively safe (from ex-partners) by not being easily found ... AVO's, silent phone numbers, not appearing on electoral rolls etc. etc means absolutely nothing to Facebook. I am required by FB to use whatever name I am known by with no exceptions permitted and no, my 'real name' isn't Mary Smith... to do what FB wants would almost certainly guarantee injury to myself and my children so I have no real alternative other than to stay away from FB and lose the (albeit at arm's length) contact and conversation it gave me.

Oh and just to be clear, other than an irrelevant pro forma response I have received absolutely no explanation or attempt at understanding from Facebook. Any suggestions as to how I could handle this better and how to get FB to listen/do something to re-instate my account?

Upvote (0)

I updated Facebook Sunday. Now when I tap to view video on Facebook, it starts to load then immediately switches back to the original post. It does this with everything I try to click to. Very frustrating! Can Facebook fix this please? It was fine before the update and there is no help for me to get it back to working properly on the mobile app.

Upvote (0)

Dearest Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook. I'm emailing you to complaint about your facebook team it was 2 days ago that I was on facebook when they took away my account with out a notice saying why it was taken away. I feel really upset about this because this has been going on for quite sometime already. each time I always have to apply for another facebook account and weeks later it always get taken away. It never happen to my other sisters but I don't understand why it always happen to me. also they keep on requesting me to Upload a Photo ID and also school photo ID and Bus ID and library card ect...

I had explain to facebook that I'm unable to give out this information to them. I have a reason why I'm not able too. I can't just spend all day trying to log in and sign up for facebook I have other work that I need to do. so if this keep this is going to continue then I asked of you to please remove me from your facebook. I've been really trying to log in to facebook and it doesn't go for me so I'm really having a hard time with it is it any way possible for you to give me some suggestion in what to do?

Upvote (0)

I was on Facebook accepting friends when all of a sudden nationalities started floating across the screen and asking me what nationality I was but they just kept dancing around even when I highlighted united states they stayed on the screen fluttering around and I had to shut down to get them to stop. When I logged back in my Facebook was in a foreign language, my games are in a foreign language, the games keep popping up wanting me to buy extra coins and I can't even fill them out because I can't read the language. I don't even know what nationality it says I am. Please make my Facebook back into a better experience. I am not a foreign speaking or reading citizen!

Upvote (0)

My Facebook ID was hacked by someone. I try many ways to recover but i can't. Please find that attached photo evidence of my ID. I have been unable to get any help from Facebook after contacting their support website. It is very frustrating to call their service line and get nothing. Please help me. If you need more query than please ask me freely.

Upvote (2)

Facebook websites have been sending me emails to information about what people are making comments about women, someone who works for the website added me to their list without my permission. I don't want to have anything to do with that website. How can I report a rogue fan page to Facebook?

Upvote (0)

I used the Facebook procedures to "delete' my account. I first 'deactivated' then I "deleted' my account . A Facebook email confirmation came to me saying in about 14 days my account would be deleted. Its long past 14 days. I did try to change my notification options in Facebook, but they didn't work. I definitely want my account deleted. i want to be permanently out pf Facebook. I continue to receive obnoxious texts to my phone saying that new photos have been posted or someone wants to "friend' . its driving me nuts to receive text notifications when i am talking to someone on my phone, etc.

Upvote (0)

I'm not able to download Facebook apps on my cellphone. There was a time when I experienced no problems at all. Facebook apps are not the only apps I have difficulty downloading! Is this a cellphone problem or a Facebook app problem? Please advise immediately! Thanks for the opportunity to share with other customers online.

Upvote (0)

I have noticed two of my favorite posts have disappeared without me deleting them. I often re share my favorite posts, and no very well that these were not deleted by me! Now if Facebook is getting rid of them, I sure do not appreciate this type of foolishness. I am of the older generation, and have said before that this has been fun, but not the game playing by the controllers of Facebook. I don't need this in my older age, and so unless these are somehow returned, Facebook can do whatever they want with their childish ways. One was a large pumpkin cookie, the other a beautiful Gardenia. Les see if you people are real, and you are REALLY listening to your customer complaints. I'll be waiting, and watching.

Upvote (0)

I have submitted two complaints to Facebook and they informed me that my complaint does not fit their criteria. Well I am so upset that Facebook could add to my son's state of mind because his wife (they are getting divorced) she has put an image (a person in a woolen straight-jacket) and the writings of Karl Jung) on Facebook and this is causing my son such distress with his mental health. How can you let someone harass someone who has not been well. This particular woman Ruth Deehan is a Narcissist and you will not make her remove her post. By doing this if anything happens to my son I will hold Facebook responsible if you do not ask her to remove this post I will take this further and I am also writing to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

Upvote (0)

Hi, I wish to complain about a Facebook member. She is posting family matters on her Facebook page which are damaging and add disgrace to my family. I received lots of phone calls from family members and friends who are Facebook members who knows our family and they are as concern as we do. How can I get someone at Facebook corporate offices to kindly review her postings over the last six months details about our mom and her siblings? Hopefully Mark Zuckerberg will use his good office to suspend her from Facebook. Thanks in anticipation for your support of my Facebook complaints.

Upvote (0)

I need to submit a complaint, I have been trying for weeks to get an ex-employee removed as moderator of our company Facebook page. It had been weeks and they still control it. It would be great to email someone at Facebook and get their help in resolving this problem asap!

Upvote (0)

I have a complaint about my Facebook account and the lack of security around it. I noticed my account has been misused by a certain person whom I had recently been engaging in relations with. The password has been changed as I can no longer log into my account. I did ask that person to login to my account, but only once. I was very busy on checking my account next day so had very little time to change any password and so what. I believe the person who's entering on and off misusing my account is still doing this. I can't be sure as he has proved suspect to me on numerous occasions in regards to my Facebook account. If possible, how can I contact Facebook and have someone look into the details of my account. Need a customer service rep to look at any kind of activity on my account in the past 3-6 months please. Hopefully I can clear this up.

Upvote (0)

My Facebook account does not want to log in, it keep on telling me about security features I need. I understand that the company is trying to improve security features, but what does it matter if you keep me locked out of my account? Been a loyal user of the site for many years, and all of my friends and family are on it now. I hope that someone at the Facebook corporate office reads this complaint!

Upvote (1)

Hi I have being trying to find the place to write a complaint regarding my pages. On October 2nd around 23h I was suddenly taken out of my pages. I have looked in the site with questions and answers that did not give me any solution. My pages "Jerusalem my true love" Ïsrael forever" and the newest one which I believe was not acceptable to facebook. I realized after the fact that it was to aggressive towards certain groups. It took me 2 days working on it then after couple hours of operation it got canceled together with the other pages. The page in question Is "ËNDARABOCCUPATION".

Actually when i created this page I did it in association with a member. A journalist that was to participate in the writing part of it. This person suddenly decided next day to pull out by posting on the page that she is no longer responsible for any post that was written on this particular page. I have being working very hard since then to no avail. In the meantime i created a new page but i lost my data and could not set myself as admin. I am very sorry for the problem I may have created. all i am asking is to be able to function and get access to my friends that i work so hard for the last 1 year and half.

Upvote (0)

I can not get into my Facebook account for the past several days they keep saying change your password. I have tried that so many times, now I get you have tried too many times... how am I supposed to get into my account? It asks you for questions I have no answers to, such as who I have emailed lately, no one that I know of. I am sick & tired of this! You cannot reach anyone at the company to get service.

Upvote (0)

When I try to log in it always says that thanks for your help. We'll take look at the documents you submitted and get back to you. If we need more help confirming your name we'll reach out for additional documentation. I don't know why is that so kindly explain to me. I cannot contact Facebook offices because they have no phone number listed on the website.

Contact the Facebook Complaint Department