Customer Satisfaction Results

Comcast

Complaint Department

Posted by Keith Andrew on Jan 20, 2015
Customer Rating

The problem with Cable TV and Comcast in general is they just aren't worth it anymore. I love hulu, netflix, and Amazon, but I can live without Comcast. Poor customer service, no response on the phone, and too expensive for the choices I have now.

43 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Comcast provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Comcast?

Compare Comcast to Similar Cable TV more...

More Comcast Complaints

Customer Rating

I have been a customer of Comcast for years same account number now since the 80's . My internet service has been out since Saturday January 24th for internet. Cable TV out completely since Saturday Jan 31st . I have made too many calls to list to customer services.. Also way too may chats online at work since I cannot go online at home!.. No help.. Final suggestion for me to drive to Comcast service center and trade in all modems, cables , remotes... Done this on Saturday January 31st.. Went home and nothing would work. Called back again half dozen time had them send signals over and over... Again told for ME to drive back to service center for 2nd change modems again Sunday Feb 1st... At this point I drove out in pouring down rain back to Comcast and promptly CANCELED INTERNET completely. Turned in all modems for receipt.. Told them service out since Jan 24th on internet and to Credit my account.

Went home again with yet another Comcast TV modem box.. And again nothing they could not get signal to go thru. Told me they would send out tech.. Scheduled my appointment for Tuesday _ between 10 and 12 .. So I took off work at 9 am drove home and waited.. At a few minutes after 10 Comcast pulls up to my house in my driveway.. I go and open front door waiting on him... He just sits in truck. I walked out on front porch two or three times and he still just sits there in his truck on his phone. Its 30 degrees out so I push door too a little and sit there watching him talking on his phone. Then he starts truck and pulls in my neighbors drive way and turns around.. I walk back on porch for third time and he just pulls off..

Called Comcast immediately to see what is going on and after 10 minutes on hold I get someone who tells me that : " Comcast came to your DOOR and no one answered. YOU will need to schedule your appointment". TOTAL LIE on Tech's PART. HE NEVER STEPPED FOOT OUT OF HIS TRUCK.. HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY HAVE GOT A ANSWER AT FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!! Lady also told me she would have dispatcher call me back.. She did not follow thru on that either.. Imagine that. I watched him from the minute he pulled up until he LEFT> Never got out of truck.. I was STANDING on front porch with FRONT DOOR WIDE OPEN.

Therefore I am DONE.. You have wasted my time and gas with ME having to make 3 trips to Comcast. Uncountless time spent on hold and in chat rooms feeding me "canned responses". I took 3 hours off my Job for absolute nothing yesterday and your driver has the audacity to bald face LIE and say me the supposed valued customer did not come to door. So thank you for listening to my Rant... I will be driving to Comcast again tomorrow afternoon for a 3rd and LAST time to give you the rest of your equipment back and sever my relationship with Comcast/Infinity for good.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hello Complaint Dept., I have been a customer with Comcast for a very long time. I'm appalled at the service I was given at one of your customer service centers. On 1/30/15 about 5:30 pm, I went to the center located at; 4400 Wayne Avenue to make a payment. I waited in line for about ten minutes to be service at the front desk. During that time one of your service reps came out into the lobby and requested that anyone wanting to make a payment must move to the other line to pay at the machine. So, I asked her " am I not able to make my payment at the desk, after all I have waited in this line for ten minutes. Her response was "No! you cannot pay your bill at the desk you can only make payments at the machine" I asked again and included, why isn't there any signs that state you can only make payments at the machine so that when a customer comes in they will know which line to get in and I have made payments at the counter in the past and at other payment center locations.

Her response, " I'm sorry we do not take payments at the counter and you have to move to the other line". During this time several customers came in and were in the line to make a payment at the machine. I was asked to move from the line I was in and into the other line behind customers that had came in after me. In doing so I had to wait an additional 15 minutes or so to make my payment and spent a total of about 30 minutes just to make a simple payment. Instead of your customer service representatives assisting the customers that remain in the lobby. Your rep came back out into the lobby to sell girl scout cookies!!!! What type of business are you running? This is not excellent customer service of which we all deserve when we are giving you our money of which keeps you in business. Us the customers. It is apparent to me that this is normal procedure at this center.

No one should be treated like this. If this is your policy and if this is the type of customer service you have in place, then I am considering changing my service to another company. From my experience i'm sure other customers have experienced this as well. I'm not sure of your complaint procedure but, I do expect to hear from someone in your office, you have my contact information.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I had comcast over 4 years ago. When I canceled, I had a appointment and they sent someone to pick up the equiptment. The guy must not have returned it. They tried to charge me for it. I had no reason to keep their equiptment. It took over a month to get it cleared up. I was moving and that was the last thing I needed to deal with. I was told now you have to take back the equiptment to the comcast store or ups take it. I was glad to hear that.

2 years ago. I went with comcast again. I only went with them because dish and direct tv have a 2 year contract. I ask a year ago to get a remote that was sticking. They didn't want to sent me one. I gave up, and in Jan of this year I ask again. I got a remote and it was the wrong one and it did not work. I have went online and chatted 2 times and called 3 times. I was charged 9.99 shipping and other charges. I still have not received a remote that works. I am not happy with comcast at all. I see where they have remotes on ebay I am going to check into that so I won't have to call comcast again and won't be charged shipping and other fees again.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Comcast SUCKS! 9 mos of problems, including weak signal, slow internet, phone down for at least a week 3 months in a row, they lost my phone number (they ported my number to someone else), service came and unplugged my phone one time, then got in the truck and drove away, no paper work! Another time service doesn't show up or even call when scheduled. This is just a small sampling of the last year with these jerks, if I listed them all I would need to find a book publisher.

This has been escalated to corporate level and still problems, not just for me but for others in the area. How do they stay in business? They have the worst service, and don't care about the customers at all. Comcast SUCKS! I can't wait for FiOS to come to my area!

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I called on Feb 17, 2015 to learn about my options for reducing my monthly bill. After an hour on the phone with the service rep I was given a plan that would save me $30-$40/mo. Perfect! I called back 3-weeks later with a question about my bill and decided that I was going to cancel my service with Comcast. The service rep informed me that I was in a contract and it would cost $200 to cancel it. I told her that I was NEVER informed of this and the service rep back on Feb 17th never mentioned anything about a contract or agreement. I would not have agreed to that if I was properly informed that a long-term contract was my ONLY option to reduce my monthly bill.

I have made several calls into Comcast and I keep getting empty promises about a manager calling me to resolve this matter. I've asked for proof that the service rep on Feb 17th mentioned anything about this contract and they refuse to present it. Why? Because they don't have proof and they simply are taking advantage of their customers. How dare you Comcast lock people into contracts without letting them know. I want this resolved! I want my service canceled and I will NOT pay a $200 cancellation fee for a contract that I was NEVER told about.

Customer Rating

I have been with Comcast for a long time and always pay my bill on time. My issue is I upgraded my plan with to include telephone service. The only reason why I upgraded was for the international plans. My fiancé is in another country. The new plan was 300 mins on a land line and unlimited international call if I use the Comcast xfinity connect application through my cell phone using my wifi. That what I was quoted. I ask the sale representative if that was true and she told me "yes". I ask her the same question 3 to 4 time to make sure if it was unlimited international phone call using the xfinity connect apps and she still said "yes". So I upgraded my plan. Almost a month later I got a bill for over $2600. I call the billing department regarding this situation and was told that there were no unlimited plan and I had to pay my bill. I was quoted wrong information's from one of the sale representative or she did not know what she was quoting. I had talk to many of the billing manager and sale manager regarding this issue but with no luck and would not help me at all to resolve this issue. I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Customer Rating

Ordered comcast bought a bundle package with promo package extra chanels. I left Comcast 2yrs ago and got Direct TV because Comcast took away chanels that I was paying for that was on my bill and they said I never had the chanels I told I can show them the bill that Ive been paying and they could care less. Got mad and went to Direct TV, did not like the dish on my roof because of snow and got stupid thinking I would give Comcast another try. I got the bundle package with promo chanels. They were supposed to be there between 5 PM and 7 PM but showed up at 7:30 did not get out of my house until 10. Never got the promo chanels, tried calling all weekend but could not get through until Monday. I asked for a manager's name and number to complain. They were reluctant to give it to me, I called the manger left a message. Did not hear back and Thursday I switched back to Direct TV. The Manager did call a week and a half later. Comcast sent me a bill for servise I did not get and I've been on hold with them for 45 min now trying to get it straight. Their customer servise is the worst. I pray they go out of business. Going to call my State Rep. to complain, not sure what good that will do but I hope something.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Roger D. on 09/03/2013 at IP address 70.108.253.226 using our Comcast complaint form. This opinions contained in this Comcast customer review titled, "Comcast customer service sucks" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

MY HUSBAND AND I DECIDED TO SWITCH FROM DISH NETWORK TO COMCAST, SO I CALLED AND SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE IT INSTALLED. MY APPOINTMENT WAS SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 16TH, 2013 BETWEEN 1 AND 5. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL FROM THE TECHNICIAN 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEY ARRIVED. I CALLED THAT MORNING AND HAD MY DISH ACCOUNT DISCONNECTED, THINKING COMCAST WOULD BE INSTALLED THAT AFTERNOON, BUT IT WASN'T. I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT AROUND 5:30 TO SEE WHY NO ONE SHOWED UP OR CALLED. I WAS THEN TOLD THAT THE TECH HAD BEEN PAGED AND HE WOULD BE CALLING ME IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL, BUT ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER HE SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE. HE BEGAN CHECKING EVERYTHING AND ASKED WHAT ALL WE WERE HAVING INSTALLED. I TOLD HIM AND HE WENT TO HIS TRUCK TO GET THE ORDER AND CAME BACK SAYING HE DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT AND THAT HE WOULD HAVE TO GO TO MEMPHIS WHICH IS AN HOUR DRIVE ONE WAY. HE SAID HE WOULD BE BACK IN AN HOUR AND A HALF. I STAYED UP UNTIL 9:30 WAITING ON HIM, WHEN WE HEARD A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. HE HAD RETURNED BUT ONLY TO TELL MY HUSBAND THAT HE WAS RAN OFF THE ROAD AND SIT IN A DITCH FOR AN HOUR SO HE COULDN'T MAKE IT IN TIME TO GET THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT. BUT HE SAID HE WOULD BE HERE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING TO GET EVERYTHING INSTALLED. WHEN HE NEVER CALLED OR SHOWED UP, AROUND 11 AM I CALLED AGAIN AND WAS TOLD THAT HE WOULD BE HERE TODAY BUT THEY COULDN'T TELL ME WHAT TIME. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT SINCE NO ONE SHOWED UP DURING MY SCHEDULED TIME THAT I WOULD HAVE A CREDIT APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT, THAT WAS WHEN I CALLED THE FIRST NIGHT AFTER NO ONE SHOWED UP. SINCE I HAD TO WAIT AGAIN AND CHANGE MY PLANS AND WORK SCHEDULE FOR THE SECOND DAY THAT I WOULD RECEIVE A SECOND CREDIT AND ALSO THE INSTALLATION FEE WOULD BE WAIVED. WHEN NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP THIS EVENING AROUND 5:30 I CALLED BACK FOR THE 3RD TIME. THE LADY I SPOKE WITH SAID THAT SHE WAS PAGING THE ON CALL TECH AND I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL BY 6:30 PM. NO CALL AGAIN, SO I CALLED YET AGAIN AND OF COURSE HAVE TO WAIT 30 MINUTES EACH CALL. IT IS NOW 8:30 AND I DO NOT HAVE COMCAST INSTALLED. I HAVE TALKED TO ONE HELPFUL TECH NAMED STINSON. HE HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE RESOLVED TONIGHT AND IF NOT YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME AGAIN.

Customer Rating

I was lured into changing from dish network to Comcast with a $250.00 gift card in Jan 2012. To date, they have given me the run-a-round for this gift card. After a month of service I called their office and was told "we wait 6 months before issuing the gift card, to make sure the customer is staying with us". Okay I thought. So by July, I figured it's been over 6 months, I called again, after being switched around to several customer representatives, I was switched over to a whole new department "rebate center" I was told by the rebate "the company has to call us telling us you are eligible."

So I call back to Comcast main number , I was told I am eligible, as I stayed on the line, the representative called the rebate center to tell them I am eligible. I was told I should receive my rebate in 10 days . well the rebate never came, so AGAIN I call Comcast. Now they tell me I'm NOT eligible. ONE BIG SCAM! we spent almost $300 to switch over, only because we were told we would get the rebate. Now, NOTHING! T his company should be ashamed and discredited for it's ploy to deceive consumers! I do plan on sending a complaint to the Consumer Affiairs office also.

Customer Rating

The same darn thing happened to me and my wife. Our kids had ordered a bunch of movies that we didn't even like and mind you this was my three year old that doesn't know how to read yet, and they argued with us saying there was nothing we could do so we should just pay. After being placed on hold multiple times for what seemed like an hour some promised us coupons that will be sent through mail. We finally got the coupons that says they don't expire until April of 2015 and yet when i try to go to the website they have this social media type website. Now I know for sure we were talking to Comcast so my question is....CAN COMCAST REALLY DO THIS? SEND OUT FRAUDULENT COUPONS TO DISSATISFIED COSTUMERS JUST TO SHUT THEM UP? I MEAN C'MON FRAUD IS FRAUD RIGHT A SCAM IS A SCAM.

cable box has codes RDK-03006 in bedroom and in livingroom code says RDK03005

Customer Rating

I have had multiple overcharges on my statements consisting of late charges where I never received the monthly charges or received them through forwarding by the post office after I had given them my change of address on several occasions, where these were ignored, also charges for services I never requested, but the biggest problem is getting through their recorded choices that do not cover the problem, and when I do have to go through multiple queries as to who I am and what the problem may be and finding out that they cannot offer me any reconciliation!

Customer Rating

Pay $70/mo. for Internet only. Excessively SLOW internet. Called to complain. Said I would have to pay for a technician to come out. Sent 2 Twitter messages. Waited 2 weeks for a response. Then no follow up after I replied via Twitter.

Customer Rating

In the last two weeks I have had to unplug the modem and plug it back in to get internet access 10 times. On 3-27 I was on the phone three different times with problems.They could not solve the problems. I computer (Apple Mac Book Pro) was all goofed up. Finally, I had to go to Apple Care, they solved problem in five minutes. Your poor service wasted a lot of my time. I am in Venice Fl 34285. Why can't I get what I am paying for? Good service?

Customer Rating

I received a phone call from Comcast promotions on my birthday offering my a 89.99 deal for internet and an additional 80 channels to my service. I decided at that time that I wanted just internet and on the day of my appointment installation I decided to take advantage of the 89.99 special and did not want to cancel my appointment for the internet. Comcast canceled my appointment without my approval. After speaking with a supervisor I was promised a tech would come out the next day. He lied no tech showed. Finally they promised me three free months of movie channels they sent me a box that did not have the proper connection cord. They lied to me about being a loyal customer because loyal customers don't get treated this way!

Customer Rating

I am tired of trying to get technical support and it takes so damn long to get my issue resolved. I am on the phone with them for hours to try to solve the issue,or I have to be transferred to some one else because the first person couldn't help me get it resolved. I just can't stand it.

Customer Rating

Customer rep came very late. Slamming doors and didn't introduce himself. Told someone was coming by today. It was a lie. They're coming Friday. Tried calling and speaking in chat with customer support but no one contacts me back. Even Tweet them. No response. GG Comcast GG. Don't ever go to Comcast aka Xfinity. They treat you like crap. They lost a new customer.

Customer Rating

I have been a loyal Comcast customer since 1999. In September 2014, a sales representative of Comcast came to my house and gave me a new contract with Comcast for a total of 137 per month, which included equipment. I have yet to be billed in that amount. I have been paying more than 250.00 per month. Now I'm being told by Mr. Vadim that Comcast can't honor my contract and that was a mistake. This is nonsense ! I have a valid contract sold to me by a Comcast representative; someone needs to handle this immediately. This sounds like a serious case of fraud.

Customer Rating

I have been a long time customer, approximately 20 years. Every time I call for anything, it never gets resolved on the 1st attempt. They either hang up on me, transfer me to an invalid line, try to upgrade me to a lessor plan, and in turn lie about the final cost, that included fees and tax. I am in the middle of Another scam that was offered, Philip, guaranteed my months bill,including fees and tax would be $145.99, no install fee. I will not be upgraded until April 5th. Philip told me he was going to transfer to a conference, but it was an automated recording, and it stated I was paying a instal fee. I hit 0, spoke with another Rep that I could not understand, she transferred me to a supervisor but she was a 3rd party and could not help or transfer me back.

I call Again, the Rep said she could not cancel, and asked I call today. I called today, the gentleman confirm the new plan at $165.99, and transferred me to an invalid extension. I call back Again, this rep told me, the install for the new plan was today....I was furious and asked to cancel immediately. She told me could had to find what my old plan was, and do to your system, she could not find it. I pay for a service and except to be treated in a professional manner. I would like a call back from upper Management regarding this mess. The Customer Service Dept. is absolutely horrendous and unprofessional!

Customer Rating

Customer service told me I was getting a tech visit today, well what a shocker no call to confirm or no show.

Contact the Comcast Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Comcast. What is their corporate mailing address?

1 Comcast Center Philadelphia, PA 19103 , Philadelphia, PA 19103
  • I want to call the Comcast customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

215-286-1700
  • I need to visit the Comcast company website. What is their website address?