Comcast

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Comcast

Posted by Keith Andrew on Jan 20, 2015
Customer Rating

The problem with Cable TV and Comcast in general is they just aren't worth it anymore. I love hulu, netflix, and Amazon, but I can live without Comcast. Poor customer service, no response on the phone, and too expensive for the choices I have now.

26 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Comcast provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Comcast?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.99 out of 5
1.99 out of 5 Stars
142 Consumer Reviews

Comcast
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Comcast. What is their corporate mailing address?

1 Comcast Center Philadelphia, PA 19103
Philadelphia, PA 19103

I want to call the Comcast customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

215-286-1700

I need to visit the Comcast company website. What is their website address?

More Comcast Complaints

Customer Rating

I have been a customer of Comcast for years same account number now since the 80's . My internet service has been out since Saturday January 24th for internet. Cable TV out completely since Saturday Jan 31st . I have made too many calls to list to customer services.. Also way too may chats online at work since I cannot go online at home!.. No help.. Final suggestion for me to drive to Comcast service center and trade in all modems, cables , remotes... Done this on Saturday January 31st.. Went home and nothing would work. Called back again half dozen time had them send signals over and over... Again told for ME to drive back to service center for 2nd change modems again Sunday Feb 1st... At this point I drove out in pouring down rain back to Comcast and promptly CANCELED INTERNET completely. Turned in all modems for receipt.. Told them service out since Jan 24th on internet and to Credit my account.

Went home again with yet another Comcast TV modem box.. And again nothing they could not get signal to go thru. Told me they would send out tech.. Scheduled my appointment for Tuesday _ between 10 and 12 .. So I took off work at 9 am drove home and waited.. At a few minutes after 10 Comcast pulls up to my house in my driveway.. I go and open front door waiting on him... He just sits in truck. I walked out on front porch two or three times and he still just sits there in his truck on his phone. Its 30 degrees out so I push door too a little and sit there watching him talking on his phone. Then he starts truck and pulls in my neighbors drive way and turns around.. I walk back on porch for third time and he just pulls off..

Called Comcast immediately to see what is going on and after 10 minutes on hold I get someone who tells me that : " Comcast came to your DOOR and no one answered. YOU will need to schedule your appointment". TOTAL LIE on Tech's PART. HE NEVER STEPPED FOOT OUT OF HIS TRUCK.. HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY HAVE GOT A ANSWER AT FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!! Lady also told me she would have dispatcher call me back.. She did not follow thru on that either.. Imagine that. I watched him from the minute he pulled up until he LEFT> Never got out of truck.. I was STANDING on front porch with FRONT DOOR WIDE OPEN.

Therefore I am DONE.. You have wasted my time and gas with ME having to make 3 trips to Comcast. Uncountless time spent on hold and in chat rooms feeding me "canned responses". I took 3 hours off my Job for absolute nothing yesterday and your driver has the audacity to bald face LIE and say me the supposed valued customer did not come to door. So thank you for listening to my Rant... I will be driving to Comcast again tomorrow afternoon for a 3rd and LAST time to give you the rest of your equipment back and sever my relationship with Comcast/Infinity for good.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hello Complaint Dept., I have been a customer with Comcast for a very long time. I'm appalled at the service I was given at one of your customer service centers. On 1/30/15 about 5:30 pm, I went to the center located at; 4400 Wayne Avenue to make a payment. I waited in line for about ten minutes to be service at the front desk. During that time one of your service reps came out into the lobby and requested that anyone wanting to make a payment must move to the other line to pay at the machine. So, I asked her " am I not able to make my payment at the desk, after all I have waited in this line for ten minutes. Her response was "No! you cannot pay your bill at the desk you can only make payments at the machine" I asked again and included, why isn't there any signs that state you can only make payments at the machine so that when a customer comes in they will know which line to get in and I have made payments at the counter in the past and at other payment center locations.

Her response, " I'm sorry we do not take payments at the counter and you have to move to the other line". During this time several customers came in and were in the line to make a payment at the machine. I was asked to move from the line I was in and into the other line behind customers that had came in after me. In doing so I had to wait an additional 15 minutes or so to make my payment and spent a total of about 30 minutes just to make a simple payment. Instead of your customer service representatives assisting the customers that remain in the lobby. Your rep came back out into the lobby to sell girl scout cookies!!!! What type of business are you running? This is not excellent customer service of which we all deserve when we are giving you our money of which keeps you in business. Us the customers. It is apparent to me that this is normal procedure at this center.

No one should be treated like this. If this is your policy and if this is the type of customer service you have in place, then I am considering changing my service to another company. From my experience i'm sure other customers have experienced this as well. I'm not sure of your complaint procedure but, I do expect to hear from someone in your office, you have my contact information.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Comcast SUCKS! 9 mos of problems, including weak signal, slow internet, phone down for at least a week 3 months in a row, they lost my phone number (they ported my number to someone else), service came and unplugged my phone one time, then got in the truck and drove away, no paper work! Another time service doesn't show up or even call when scheduled. This is just a small sampling of the last year with these jerks, if I listed them all I would need to find a book publisher.

This has been escalated to corporate level and still problems, not just for me but for others in the area. How do they stay in business? They have the worst service, and don't care about the customers at all. Comcast SUCKS! I can't wait for FiOS to come to my area!

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I had comcast over 4 years ago. When I canceled, I had a appointment and they sent someone to pick up the equiptment. The guy must not have returned it. They tried to charge me for it. I had no reason to keep their equiptment. It took over a month to get it cleared up. I was moving and that was the last thing I needed to deal with. I was told now you have to take back the equiptment to the comcast store or ups take it. I was glad to hear that.

2 years ago. I went with comcast again. I only went with them because dish and direct tv have a 2 year contract. I ask a year ago to get a remote that was sticking. They didn't want to sent me one. I gave up, and in Jan of this year I ask again. I got a remote and it was the wrong one and it did not work. I have went online and chatted 2 times and called 3 times. I was charged 9.99 shipping and other charges. I still have not received a remote that works. I am not happy with comcast at all. I see where they have remotes on ebay I am going to check into that so I won't have to call comcast again and won't be charged shipping and other fees again.

Customer Rating

I have been with Comcast for a long time and always pay my bill on time. My issue is I upgraded my plan with to include telephone service. The only reason why I upgraded was for the international plans. My fiancé is in another country. The new plan was 300 mins on a land line and unlimited international call if I use the Comcast xfinity connect application through my cell phone using my wifi. That what I was quoted. I ask the sale representative if that was true and she told me "yes". I ask her the same question 3 to 4 time to make sure if it was unlimited international phone call using the xfinity connect apps and she still said "yes". So I upgraded my plan. Almost a month later I got a bill for over $2600. I call the billing department regarding this situation and was told that there were no unlimited plan and I had to pay my bill. I was quoted wrong information's from one of the sale representative or she did not know what she was quoting. I had talk to many of the billing manager and sale manager regarding this issue but with no luck and would not help me at all to resolve this issue. I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Customer Rating

Ordered comcast bought a bundle package with promo package extra chanels. I left Comcast 2yrs ago and got Direct TV because Comcast took away chanels that I was paying for that was on my bill and they said I never had the chanels I told I can show them the bill that Ive been paying and they could care less. Got mad and went to Direct TV, did not like the dish on my roof because of snow and got stupid thinking I would give Comcast another try. I got the bundle package with promo chanels. They were supposed to be there between 5 PM and 7 PM but showed up at 7:30 did not get out of my house until 10. Never got the promo chanels, tried calling all weekend but could not get through until Monday. I asked for a manager's name and number to complain. They were reluctant to give it to me, I called the manger left a message. Did not hear back and Thursday I switched back to Direct TV. The Manager did call a week and a half later. Comcast sent me a bill for servise I did not get and I've been on hold with them for 45 min now trying to get it straight. Their customer servise is the worst. I pray they go out of business. Going to call my State Rep. to complain, not sure what good that will do but I hope something.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Roger D. on 09/03/2013 at IP address 70.108.253.226 using our Comcast complaint form. This opinions contained in this Comcast customer review titled, "Comcast customer service sucks" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

The same darn thing happened to me and my wife. Our kids had ordered a bunch of movies that we didn't even like and mind you this was my three year old that doesn't know how to read yet, and they argued with us saying there was nothing we could do so we should just pay. After being placed on hold multiple times for what seemed like an hour some promised us coupons that will be sent through mail. We finally got the coupons that says they don't expire until April of 2015 and yet when i try to go to the website they have this social media type website. Now I know for sure we were talking to Comcast so my question is....CAN COMCAST REALLY DO THIS? SEND OUT FRAUDULENT COUPONS TO DISSATISFIED COSTUMERS JUST TO SHUT THEM UP? I MEAN C'MON FRAUD IS FRAUD RIGHT A SCAM IS A SCAM.

Customer Rating

Lost phone internet and on demand for 5 days. When they showed up to fix the problem he only fixed half the problem said he had other customers to take care of so he would have to come back, He would set another appointment in 4 days to come back and finish the job. Right now my tv in my den is still pulled away from the wall waiting to be wired with new wires from the outside box. Just had the house rewired 2 years back. The tech did a fair job but to not finish a job when you show up to do the job what are they teaching their techs.

Customer Rating

I have been without Comcast exfinity for over two weeks. Every time I call they said they will send a single and said that will work. They have done this four times with no succeed. I don't know what to do. Can someone help.

To whom it may concern,

A Comcast Technician (Tech ID number 0379, ticket number 12211795) was at my house on Tuesday, October 9th, 2012, to replace the bad splitter, which attached my wireless computer box and my TV to the cable wall outlet in my walk-out basement home office.

When he arrived he replaced these items. Then he decided to replace the totally functioning, main cable, which led from the main Comcast cable box to my walk-out basement, through the attached garage. That cable had a splitter inside the garage. From the splitter, one cable lead to the first floor living room through the garage ceilings. The other cable went through the garage wall into my basement home office.

Unbeknown to me he cut off the cable leading to my living room. He cut it so close to the garage ceilings, there is no slack left. He did it without my consent, and never asked me if I needed a cable in my living room. (In order to reattach it, a chunk of my garage ceilings will need to be broken. Only two months ago I paid over $300 to patch the huge hole in that ceilings, which was created by a previous Comcast tech while he fished a cable line up into my living room). Now I'll have to do it al over again!

Then he went outside and removed the four way coaxial Comcast cable splitter, which besides for leading to the Living room and basement outlets, it also lead to two bedrooms on my second floor. He then cut off and disconnected the two bedroom cables, 12 feet above ground!!!

I told him that I paid my electrician $650.00 for attaching the cable on the side of the building, over the roof, and then down into my master bedroom, and that it was mine and that I needed it!!!

He aid: "It was someone else's cable, not Comcast's." I said: "Yes, but it's still mine! I had it installed by my electrician after receiving the OK from Comcast to have it done. A Comcast technician installed an outlet for that cable in my bedroom and attached the other end to the Comcast box."

He then said: "You have only one TV box, you do not need these other cables." I told him that I had just had my floors refinished and that all my furniture, TV's, and computers were in storage, and that I need cable access for three TV's and two computers.

I also said: "I watch my TV in the living room in the winter where I have heat, and then I move it to my air conditioned master bedroom in the summer. My son lives here, too, and he plans to get a new TV and a second cable box in a week or two for his back bedroom. On top of it, we use the basement as a home office and need cable access there, too. I need all of these cable-ready outlets!"

He shrugged his shoulders and left, leaving behind all the old cables, old nails, and broken cement pieces on my garage floor. Now I am left with only one working cable outlet in my whole house, after investing almost $1,000 on cable installation, wall outlets, splitters, ceilings repairs, and tech visits.

I decided to call Comcast and complain. I called the office and explained my situation to the treceptionist, and demanded that another tech will come and repair the damage, free of charge. He said that the supervisor will contact e. I repeated my call, today, and the second receptionist told me that she'll report the incident to the tech supervisor. So far the supervisor has not returned my calls. Please help.

Thank you.

Mrs. Ofra Sharon
238 East Walnut Park Drive
Philadelphia, Pa 19120
215-435-2348

Customer Rating

On 12/18/12 I cancelled my Comcast Service due to the continual increase in the cost of my cable. I went to FIOS and am very happy with them and wish I had dropped you sooner - I am a 23+ year exclusive subscriber. I could not get any of your many rude empoyees to offer me a better less expensive package. Since then I have been trying to settle this account. According to Isac I have $130.00 coming to me. This was after multiple one hour conversations that lead nowhere. My Ticket number is 014003196 with a reference number of #2849. I have not seen a check. I also disagree with the amount due me, I paid $228.00 a few days before the switch so feel I am owed much more of that back. Nonetheless I have seen nothing. I have called on this repeatedly, gone through the maze of phone trees and repeated my story countless times. I will never use or recomment Comcast to anyone. The employees in the front desk at Corliss St in Pittsburgh are so rude and indifferent it is amazing to me a company would hire them. I have read on line that complaints are just ignored and no resolution is ever achieved. Well I have filed my complaint, I will wait to see what happens.

Customer Rating

Comcast service rep sold me the plan to buy triple service( phone, internet and cable) and promised for a gift card of $250 if I continue the service for 3 months. I havenot received it as promised and now even on following up with them no one listens. When i called them they said it is not showing any such thing in the records, i asked them to refer to the recording of the call they had with me. No success, continously following up with, posting on their consumer forum but they don't do anything. Just cheating.. cheating will never use comcast now.

I have been paying for HD Preferred Bundle for over two years. I have never had HD. My husband and I called several times, I finally got through to someone who listened three weeks ago. My old bills say HD Preferred Bundle at $174.74. My February bill says PRF XF TP $114.12. Is this to make up for all the years of paying for something I never received or should I go to Small Claims Court? I have always paid my bill on time and have been a customer of cable since the old Rollins days. I am a senior and don't appreciate this overstated charge.

Hi Comcast,

I just want to file a complaint about our account (8155100091154264)...I have enrolled it under automatic payment starting January but to my dismay upon checking tonight that my bill for January was not paid. What made it worst is that I have called your customer service hotline two times since middle of January to make sure that my automatic payment for our account is already activated and I have received a confirmation on both ocassions from your agents that there will be no problem as its already activated. But again upon checking today, Nothing has been deducted and my due for January still remains. The more disappointing part right now is when I chat with another agent a while ago, I was told that the auto-payment was not activated and I have to pay immediately my due for January.

Please take note that even on your Comcast system or website, automatic payment is "ON" on our account.

Just writing this to you for your team to improve for our account not to be penalized as the late payment was not our fault. We could have paid it on time if we were advised earlier.

Raymond de Veas

Sent from my iPad

analyst Jayanti Mala has entered room

Jayanti Mala: Hello MICHAEL, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Jayanti Mala. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Jayanti Mala: Hi, thank you for contacting Comcast online order entry Support. My name is Mala. It's nice to have you on chat & serve you with the services of Comcast. Before all this, may I ask how are you doing today?

MICHAEL: doing good here, my address is 2695 Exchange Landing Rd, Johns Island SC 29455, my last 4 digits of my SS# 2269, dont want a bundle package just want to add the phone service with my exsisting number 1-843-559-1200 and i want to keep that my service now is with at&t and im a current comcast customer.

Jayanti Mala: I'm glad to hear that you are doing good.

Jayanti Mala: Thank you for being our valued customer.

Jayanti Mala: Please confirm your account number for me.

MICHAEL: so when can i exspect a service person to setup my service?

MICHAEL: dont know my account number

Jayanti Mala: Please allow me a few moments.

Jayanti Mala: Thank you

Jayanti Mala: Thank you for waiting.

Jayanti Mala: Michael, I am sorry but I am not getting this address here.

Jayanti Mala: I need account number to check the details.

MICHAEL: 1555231942502

Jayanti Mala: Thank you

Jayanti Mala: Thank you for waiting.

MICHAEL: ok

Jayanti Mala: Michael, may I know which service you are using now?

MICHAEL: at&t

Jayanti Mala: From Comcast?

MICHAEL: no long distance phone service i am using comcast for tv and internet

Jayanti Mala: Just to confirm my understanding, you are using TV and Internet service currently from Comcast and now you want to add phone service too. Am I correct?

MICHAEL: yes

Jayanti Mala: Okay.

MICHAEL: thanks

Jayanti Mala: I will add the phone service to your account.

Jayanti Mala: I am in the process of setting up your account.

Jayanti Mala: Is there someone you would like to add as an authorized user that has your permission to make changes on your behalf?

MICHAEL: yes Lonnie Long SS# 247-61-3798

Jayanti Mala: Thank you for the info.

MICHAEL: ok

Jayanti Mala: Michael, while I am working on your order today, I suggest adding our Service Protection Plan for only $3.95 per month, this covers all chargeable trouble calls which are expensive. We will send a professionally trained technician anytime, nights and weekends included, as often as you need them. Plus, this will be added to your monthly bill for added convenience. Shall I include this at the end of our transaction?

MICHAEL: what are chargeable trouble calls?

Jayanti Mala: You will require to pay $20.00 every time you call a technician.

Jayanti Mala: If you take the protection plan, you do not need to pay this amount.

MICHAEL: ok no i dont need the service protection plan, but thx

Jayanti Mala: Alright.

Jayanti Mala: Michael, you also have the option of self installation.

Jayanti Mala: Would you like to do self install or you need a professional installation?

MICHAEL: professional install

Jayanti Mala: Fine.

Jayanti Mala: Michael, please allow me a few moments.

Jayanti Mala: Thank you

Jayanti Mala: Michael, I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to process your order.

Jayanti Mala: I am getting an error message.

Jayanti Mala: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Jayanti Mala: I request you to chat us back after some time.

MICHAEL: is there an extra fee if i order this service over the phone?

Jayanti Mala: No, the charges will be the same.

MICHAEL: are you sure? because i remember seeing a cost of around 30.00 that would be waived if i ordered this service online

Jayanti Mala: You have to pay installation amount only.

Jayanti Mala: In case, this is true, you can chat us back.

Jayanti Mala: You can call at 1-800-934-6489.

Jayanti Mala: Michael, is there anything else, I may assist you with?

MICHAEL: ok please make a note to my account that i tried to do this online 4 times today and noone could secure my deal, so please note this on my account so when i call tomorrow they will have this info also im copying and pasting to my email to comcast because the online service is terrible i have spent 4 hours tring to give you guys more business and more of my money.

Jayanti Mala: I do understand your frustration regarding that and I am really feeling bad this time. We spend lots of time here but no result.

Jayanti Mala: I apologize for that and I will make a note on your account.

MICHAEL: thank-you

Type Here: Analyst is typing.

Customer Rating

I am going to switch to SureWest, don't know if it's the best choice, but it is $100/mo cheaper than Comcast for the same stuff. The change will happen in a week. I never contacted Comcast about the change, but Surewest put in a request to take over the phone number. I talked with a Comcast Cust Svc Rep, and he told me I had to have a new access code, which he created and emailed to me. Then, without warning or explanation they shut me out of my email. I am still a paying customer.

I went through a chat session, since the gauntlet of "Press 1 for this" only gets you to someone who doesn't speak english... but the chat person couldn't help me without the code they emailed me and then shut off my account, so I couldn't get it. After an hour, I was able to reset my password and get back into my email, only to find that the email confirmations from Surewest had been deleted from my email files, not in a folder or deleted files, just gone. I think that must be against the law. So, Comcast sucks.

Customer Rating

I've been completely disappointed with Comcast in the last two weeks. The customer service reps aren't helpful, informed, and can't solve problems with the services. I've had to call in 5-6 times and still no resolution.

Problem:
In the last few weeks, I noticed a bunch of channels didn't show up in my preview guide channel.

2/23/13 5pm: Called and was told the channels were blocked and I'd have to upgrade. Mainly MTV and VH1. Common channels included in most packages. I did so and was told it would take 45min to UNBLOCK. I’ve never heard channels were blocked before, just didn’t show up if you didn’t have that service.

2/24/13: 10am: No changes to the channels. Called and was told my box "doesn't work" and that I would have to go to a customer service center to get a new one. As a customer, I've spent over an hour on the phone, upgraded my service, thus paying more, and it isn't my responsibility to go stand in line for a "new box." The representative then said she would mail the box, but I would have to return the old one, once again, at a customer service center. I then asked her if I was being charged for the new service, while I was waiting on the box. Her answer was "yes". As a Comcast customer, I should not pay for a service I am not receiving. Once I discussed this to her, she then just stated I would have to call back and she couldn't help me with that. It was obvious my call was sent to a foreign country where communication was not happening. I don't understand why I would have to call back since I'm already on the phone with someone who should assist me. She was very confused, rude and short. and I asked for a supervisor.

My basic questions: Why do I need a new box and is it compatible with my TV and am I being charged? If the box was the issue, was the channels that were "blocked" already on my plan before I upgraded.

25 minutes later, a gentleman who called himself a supervisor came on the line and just kept repeating I needed a new box. Once again, from a foreign office. I asked him if I would be charged while I waited for my new box. He just kept repeating I needed a new box and I'd have to call back. I asked him "What responsibility does Comcast have to assisting their customers when they do call," He had no answer but repeated, "You need a new box and need to call back." I asked for another supervisor who could understand what I was saying.

With no reply on the time of wait, 60 min later, I hung up. I called back and was told I could file a complaint. I did, nothing has happened.

2/28/13: Received my new box. Doesn't look like it works with my TV. Something Comcast should have addressed. They should have also sent out a technician.

3/02/13: Called to talk to a representative about my account and the new box sent. Once again, told we can't help you. We are limited with this information. Once again, an agent in a foreign country.

3/04/13: Called and told the rep I was having issues and I need to talk to a supervisor who could help me. She couldn't understand me and just kept repeating my service has been upgraded. Asked if I could talk to a supervisor. Was on hold for 20 min. I hung up.

Called back. Was on hold waiting for a supervisor for 10 min. Was told they would have to call me back since none was available. No call was ever made. Each time I call, I give my number for Comcast to call back to rate the service I got on the call. They never once have called me back.

Comcast, what responsibility do you take in your services and communicating with your customers. I've been a loyal Comcast customer for years, but I've never seen such a decline in problem solving, communication and overall support. At this point, something has to be resolved; you will no longer have me as a loyal customer. I’m still not receiving my “Paid” services and I'm very angry with how the company, as a whole handles their customers.

Thanks,
Holly

Customer Rating

I had recently placed a call with comcast about a quote to move to a different adress. The person I had spoke with went ahead and had the service shut off without my approval. I had told her I was going to check prices with other cable companies and get back to her If I wanted to go ahead and make the transition. So now my cable is shut off as of 12/2/12 at 4pm. I have called Sabrina employee number 53598 and she said she couldnt help me. Then I called Nate/Manager and he also said he couldnt help me. This is rediculous, I pay around $150 a month for service and here I am with no service and its comcasts fault. I want this resolved ASAP

Customer Rating

My neighbore switched from Century Link today 11/27/12. I had been receiving party line phone calls from her phone line all day. I am a Centruy Link customer. She switched. She told me that she would call Comcast and get this straightened out, since this was very bothersome. I couldn't even answer my own phone without her on the other line talking to someone else.

The Comcast van came out to her home, I live next door. I went out and told the the guy the problems I have been having since my neighbor had switched from Century Link to Comcast and I am a Century Link customer. He was very rude and told me that he would fix her problem as she has been yelling all day. So I went back to my house and waited for about 1/2 hour and then went back out. He was gone!! I have no home phone service.

He shut off her Century Link phone and obviously shut mine off also. I called Comcast to report this and to have them get someone out here to get my phone service back. I was sent all over the country and got no help at all. They told me to call Century Link. But Century Link did not shut my phone off. Comcast did. I got nowhere. You have vans all over Bellevue, WA, but refused to send someone out to fix the mess that you created.

Now I have no phone service. I am 60 years old dealing with the flu. Century Link can't come out until 7:00 pm Thursday, 11/29/12. I can't believe the mess you have made of my life and how you have treated me like crap. I am going to report you and your ilk to whomever I can,. I will get on facebook, twitter, you name it and spread the word on how lousy you are.

And you can't even switch someone elses phone service without shutting off the phone service of others. You are a bunch of totally inept idiots. I was considering switching to Comcast when I moved. Now that will never happen. You just lost a potential customer. This is how you treat people who had nothing to do with someone switching service and you cutting off mine, when I am waiting for doctors to call, etc. I have 21 unheard messages on my phone, that you refuse to restore me to. I hate you!! But I am sure you could give a shit.

Customer Rating

It is absolutely disgusting to hear or watch any so-called news on MSNBC. I want to watch the news without being called a racist, woman hater, homophobic, children killing, idiot christian right wing nut! Just because I dont agree with some liberal policy does not give anyone at MSNBC the right to bash everyone who doesnt fall in line with every view of their liberal news anchors. In fact, these people are the racists! If they dont keep black people feeling like they are still enslaved and actually hear the truth then they may find out what freedom really is and that govt. cant give them better lives, its the liberals who are the real "masters" in todays society. Tell MSNBC to STOP THE RACISM, AND THE PROMOTION OF HATE THAT IS KEEPING THE COUNTRY FROM ACTUALLY COMING TOGETHER AND MAKING LIFE BETTER FOR ALL OF US! It is obvious that every minority is nothing but a vote to these liberals! If Hispanics were voting Republican do uou think immigration reform would be a priority?

STOP MSNBC HATE THEY ARE SPREADING!!!

-Independent who went Republican because of this rhetoric!

Customer Rating

After getting the runaround now for 8 months I was basically told today that because I didn't complete some phantom "form" or other process which I was never advised about and never received that I was ineligible for the $100.00 Visa gift card after signing up for triple play service online with Comcast in June 2011. I was never contacted, emailed or written to advise me of any problems either. I asked for a $100 credit on my bill but was denied that as well with supervisor Tyesha today. I see many, many complaints online now about this same scam and realize I've been duped. I will certainly never use Comcast again in the future!

I have been a customer for a couple of years now and I have paid my bills early or on time. I tried to explain to a couple of representives that my wallet had been stolen. I asked if they could make a payment arrangements and turn my service back on. They told me no and I am not satisfied with that answer because I've done what's been asked of me as a customer but when I ask Comcast to be the provider I believed I was signing a contract with be it's no.. I am beyond satisfied with your customer service. I am debating whether or not to stay with Comcast. I actually have two accounts with you a commercial and personal account. I hope there is someone who can resolve this problem.

I sent this letter to Brian Roberts/CEO

Hi, Brian

This is in ref. to the above subject. I received a bill for $179.87 saying and charging me for a returned check. First, I paid the bill online and as you can see in my Comcast statements I always paid by bills in advance. They charged me again 79.92 as an unpaid balance that really it was paid online.

I called Comcast and as usual a dummy girl answered the phone and connected me to collection number and they said that my check was returned with a charge of $25.00 that really is not true because I always keep my checking account balance accurate. So I went to my bank and the lady told me that is no record of such returned check and no charge so she said that the mistake is from Comcast and not from the bank, not from my account and for sure not from me!

I paid everything thinking that was my mistake and after the bank confirmation realized that now is an over payment to Comcast due to your billing department. So I hope I get credit for such mistake!

You know all the problems that I had before with Comcast and you always helped me in a professional level, so I’m expecting to get the same help with this issue.

For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience. Your prompt attention to this matter will be appreciated.

Vima

201-988-1637

Customer Rating

I ordered the self installed Comcast kit via Internet. The web page said my apartment was acceptable for the kit.After it was delivered I followed the easy installation instructions I contacted xfinity and they tried troubleshoot the problem over the phone. They were unsucceful. They then scheduled a tech to come to my apartment and fix the problem. The tech came, hooked a little gadget to the wall outlet and said I need a "rewire". So I then had to scheduel and appointment with one of there contractors to do the installation. My appointment with the contractors was 2-4pm on the 19th of November, at 430 Comcast calls and says that they are running late and will be at my apartment at 630pm. At 630 pm Comcast calls me and says that they can't make it at 630pm and will be at my apartment at 1030pm. At 1030 pm the comcast workers show up and says that the first tech that showed up to my apartment 2 days ago was suppose to tell me that I needed a letter from my apartment office that states they are allowed to do an installation. So in conclusion after 9 days of ordering the service.. Hours of over the phone troubleshooting, 2 different repair men, and 8 hours of waiting for a repair man to actually show up, I have no cable and have to setup another appointment!

Customer Rating

I requested the triple play plan a week ago and was told a technician would be scheduled to come on 10/29/12. I was advsied that my current home phone number was being ported from AT&T. On the day of instillation, the technician called to say he was outside my home and no one would answer when actually he was at the wrong address. I called the home office and was informed that they would not re-route the technician to the correct address because he would not get paid. I was rescheduled for 11/9/12 because a new work order had to be submitted. On 10/30/12, my home phone was disconnected by previous carrier because comcast completed the porting process. I called to complain and was told they could not send help me until 11/3/12 but the technician went to the same bad address looking to install again on 10/30/12. This is a shame. You can route the technician to a bad address two days in a row but I have to wait 5 days for you to correct it. I have lived at the same address for over 20 years with the same home phone number and had service here with comcast over 20 years. How did this happen and what happened to prompt customer service?

Customer Rating

when you first went to Xfinity, I tried it and found that it was completely unsafactory, now I am on basic cable, and was told that I would not have to go to the Xfinity boxes, now according to the news and tv I must have a xfinity box this month in order to receive cable. I went to the office at 145 Park of Commerce Dr. to get the boxes that I would need and was told that I must pay for the boxes that I have and pay for the new boxes. I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMCAST BOX. I was told that I must prove that I do not have the boxes, I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMCAST BOXES. I was also told that a Comcast Tec could come to my house with a charge. I cannot pay anymore than I am already paying. I am trying to get to the Mayor and Aldermen in Savannah, just this year Comcast was challanged to stay in Savannah, Comcast promised that anytime we called the local phone number, we would get a local person and there would always be a Manager at the Savannah location, well that is not the case now, I will push as hard as I can to get Comcast out of Savannah, but I am a older somewhat disabled female citizen, os I know you do not fear anything from me,

but I do hope that you will receive the same disregard of your company that you company has given me.

God bless each and everyone of you'll and remember that what you give out you will receive 10 fold.

Customer Rating

Ok' this seems to be a classic "give me more money than you owe" I went out of town, on coming back I knew I had my bills and as I am setting money asside for diff. bills I get a call from comcast stateing I owe $400. +, now I knew I had missed about a month on payments (I have been with comcast for over 8 years) I stated to comcast I had $200 I alotted for their bill and was told without the full $400. I would be disconnected....

I had them disconnect me while I reviewed bill, now I came up with a totall of $280.owed ... comcast agrees that is all I owe, so I say ok glad we now agree on the bill I will be right over to pay and expect service to be reinstated, OH but wait NOW I have to pay the $280. bill + $100, And $80. for... not quite sure, so I lost service for them trying to collect more than was owed , but to get service back I need to pay them all this extra because I did get disconnected.

This makes no sense to me, they have tryed to say it was because of the equipment, but then say no thats not it maybe its... or... they have tryed justifying this bill but they just come back to saying you are right you only owe $280. we have no idea why "someong" told you you owed over $100 more than your bill' BE CAREFULL read your bill as I usually dont question my bill as I just pay it, untill the $400.+ was asked and this one I did question and good thing as I would have given Free over $120 to comcast for no reason.

Customer Rating

on october 2012,i inquired about getting some cable service.my ssn was ran by customer service,and was given some disturbing news.i was told by a represenative of comcast that they unable to grant me sevices due to and unpaid balancce back in november 17,2004 to august 11,2004for the amount of a $150.39 cents.of course i havn"t had services with comcast in years,and when i did i made sure i paid my cable on time and when discountinue my services i never left a an unpaid balance due.i question comcast represenatives the time of service which i submitted earlier in my statement,andby who these services alleged that i put an order during that time.comcast rep.stated my ssn was given for services at 15352 e. jefferson detroit mich.name on the account was a tresna.first of all i never live at that know address,secondly i never gave tresna authorization to used my ssn for any reason what so ever,i no the prepartrator is an ex wife of mine and i never sign or gave authorized her to used my ssn for such purpose i feel i should be not liable for a debt i didnot created and i sure you have talking to customer service in regards to this matter there is no security measure in place to protect people like myself because someone on the end of the give my ssn and service is granted without my knowledge.it"s unfair and i won"t rest until im clear of any liabilty and the comcast department need to go after the partie responsible for fraud which is tresna,i need a fraudulent packet that was suppose to be sent out to me weeks ago,and i never recieved it.i plan on taking necessary legal actions if i don"T get any cooperation from comcast,i no the company strives on doing good business with future customers,so i asked for the same to resolved this matter.im filing a police report base on the info i already recieved from comcast by phone conversations by a couple of rep who gave me the info,i just need a fraud packet if it assist,can someone who knowledgable on this matter please contact me by email.

Customer Rating

MY HUSBAND AND I DECIDED TO SWITCH FROM DISH NETWORK TO COMCAST, SO I CALLED AND SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE IT INSTALLED. MY APPOINTMENT WAS SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 16TH, 2013 BETWEEN 1 AND 5. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL FROM THE TECHNICIAN 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEY ARRIVED. I CALLED THAT MORNING AND HAD MY DISH ACCOUNT DISCONNECTED, THINKING COMCAST WOULD BE INSTALLED THAT AFTERNOON, BUT IT WASN'T. I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT AROUND 5:30 TO SEE WHY NO ONE SHOWED UP OR CALLED. I WAS THEN TOLD THAT THE TECH HAD BEEN PAGED AND HE WOULD BE CALLING ME IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL, BUT ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER HE SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE. HE BEGAN CHECKING EVERYTHING AND ASKED WHAT ALL WE WERE HAVING INSTALLED. I TOLD HIM AND HE WENT TO HIS TRUCK TO GET THE ORDER AND CAME BACK SAYING HE DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT AND THAT HE WOULD HAVE TO GO TO MEMPHIS WHICH IS AN HOUR DRIVE ONE WAY. HE SAID HE WOULD BE BACK IN AN HOUR AND A HALF. I STAYED UP UNTIL 9:30 WAITING ON HIM, WHEN WE HEARD A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. HE HAD RETURNED BUT ONLY TO TELL MY HUSBAND THAT HE WAS RAN OFF THE ROAD AND SIT IN A DITCH FOR AN HOUR SO HE COULDN'T MAKE IT IN TIME TO GET THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT. BUT HE SAID HE WOULD BE HERE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING TO GET EVERYTHING INSTALLED. WHEN HE NEVER CALLED OR SHOWED UP, AROUND 11 AM I CALLED AGAIN AND WAS TOLD THAT HE WOULD BE HERE TODAY BUT THEY COULDN'T TELL ME WHAT TIME. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT SINCE NO ONE SHOWED UP DURING MY SCHEDULED TIME THAT I WOULD HAVE A CREDIT APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT, THAT WAS WHEN I CALLED THE FIRST NIGHT AFTER NO ONE SHOWED UP. SINCE I HAD TO WAIT AGAIN AND CHANGE MY PLANS AND WORK SCHEDULE FOR THE SECOND DAY THAT I WOULD RECEIVE A SECOND CREDIT AND ALSO THE INSTALLATION FEE WOULD BE WAIVED. WHEN NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP THIS EVENING AROUND 5:30 I CALLED BACK FOR THE 3RD TIME. THE LADY I SPOKE WITH SAID THAT SHE WAS PAGING THE ON CALL TECH AND I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL BY 6:30 PM. NO CALL AGAIN, SO I CALLED YET AGAIN AND OF COURSE HAVE TO WAIT 30 MINUTES EACH CALL. IT IS NOW 8:30 AND I DO NOT HAVE COMCAST INSTALLED. I HAVE TALKED TO ONE HELPFUL TECH NAMED STINSON. HE HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE RESOLVED TONIGHT AND IF NOT YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME AGAIN.

Customer Rating

I will attempt to make a long story short: In Feb/2011 I was made an offer by a Comcast Sales Rep to get their Digital Preferred Plus, Triple Bundle Package that includes an HD DVR, two HD receivers, free HBO, Starz, etc. if I would sign up for a 24 month contract. Total price for the package would be $89.99 per month. I would also be charge a $5 a month rental fee for the modem plus about $4 in tax. The total cost should not exceed $101 a month for the duration of the 2 year plan.

Well guess what? My first bill was $142. I called Comcast and after a long wait they reduced the bill down to $102.87. Each month following I had to go through the same hoops with their billing dept. They always tried to charge more than the agreed upon cost.

Finally, after months of calling them every time I got a bill, they adjusted the payment down to $105 per month.(A little more than stated but I didn't want to waste more time for a $4 per month overcharge.
Now I get the bill for Feb/2012 and my rate went up to $144 per month. I called them, they said I would only get the $105 rate for the first 12 months, the next twelve months would be the new rate.

I called the billing dept. I informed them that my service order specifically states that my base rate was $89.99 per month for 24 months. They informed me there was nothing I could do about it because I only had a service order, not a contract. I told them all I ever had was a Service Order that was provided to me the day I signed up, so in my estimation this is the contract. I also asked why the Service Order says nothing about fee changes after the first 12 months, the rep had to answer to this.

I also asked if Sales Representatives of Comcast are trained to deceive potential customers, because that is what seems to be occurring, again to answer to this. I then requested to talk to a Supervisor, and after about 10 minutes I was connected to a supervisor. She told me just about the same thing that the Customer Service rep said. But she would transfer me to a department that work with me on this problem.

Again, I was on hold for another 10 minutes or so and a Representative answered and asked when I would like to cancel the Comcast Service. I was a little taken aback by this maneuver. Was this the way Comcast Customer Care settles disputes, by having you cancel your subscription with them, instead of trying to fix it.

I was also informed that there would be additional charges for quitting before the end of the contract. I informed them there is no contract, all I had was the service order. Then they told me that shortly after signing up with Comcast I responded to a recorded phone call describing the terms and conditions, and this translates in to a contract.

I never received such a call, and I never would have agreed to it.
To be honest, I do like the Comcast Triple Play Bundle, but they really need to put a little honesty into their sales and billing departments. I don't like to be lied to and I hate having to call them repeatedly because they always charge you more than the agreed upon rates.

Will I stay with Comcast? Unless they decide to run an organization that has true scruples and integrity, and unless they honor the service order I agreed to in 2011, I will probably go back to Direct TV, they might cost a little more, but they have never lied to me or changed the monthly rate in their favor every month.

Customer Rating

Comcast says they have to switch to digital due to fed regs, after two TV cable boxes, numerous calls and visits to their office I still only get half of the channels I'm supposed to. Strangely enough as soon as I hooked up one of their boxes to my TV my PC's browser was hijacked to their website eventhough I don't have them as a provider. They sent out a tech and he said my wireless was receiving an erroneous signal from someone nearby. To fix the TV signal they'd have to put in a new underground cable. Seems everyone in our area is having the same problems and I'm beginning to think Comcast is outright lying to it's customers.

I'm about ready to hook my truck to the 200 ft of cable they have on my property and send it back to them. I just moved and I rented a coorporate apartment and it has been 24 days and after multiple phone calls from the apartment office and myself and still I have not heard back from Comcast and still without cable or internet. Moreover this past week I have been trying to talk to someone at your 800 number and noone picks up and the automated machine keeps repeating the same message over and over after a series of beeps. This is getting very frustrating to say the least. I can't imagine any business becoming successfull with this kind of custumor service!!!

Customer Rating

During the wind storm from hurricane Sandy on the 30th of Oct. around 9:00 am, the transformer from DTE Energy fell, taking down electrical lines and cable. My wife, grandson and I evacuated the house because it was unsafe. During that time I called everybody that had lines down, including Comcast. I talked to a Representative from Comcast and explained the situation, she said she would file the report. That was on Oct. 30, why is it Nov. 10th and I still don`t have service. I called and was promised dates and nobody shows up, I call again and they tell me they can`t find where I called, so I make another complaint. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks. The promises and nobody showing up, I have been patience, but now I`m angry. I know had this been in the suburbs, it wouldn`t have taken so long. I have been a loyal customer for many years and I know it doesn`t take 2 weeks to put up a line. I want Comcast to investigate why this is taken so long. The storm has been over. Thank You for your time. A very disappointed customer.

Companies Like Comcast