Comcast

Most Popular Complaint about Comcast

Posted by Complaints Department on Jan 25, 2015
Customer Rating

As of today we canceled our Comcast account. 14 months ago we moved to Georgia. We purchased a modem from Comcast and the technician installed a used, outdated modem saying we will have a new one sent to our home very soon. It never arrived and our first bill stated we were "leasing" our modem from Comcast with an additional 7 dollar charge per month. With our first call, we were apologized to about 15 times and they assured us the inaccurate charge would be removed and our account credited. The second bill arrived with a credit of 7 dollars and yet another charge for the "lease". This charge and credit volley continued up until we finally canceled as of today12-10-2013. We also had numerous times where we would loose connection up to 20 times in a hour and they would tell us there was nothing wrong with our connection/signal. They claimed they could tell we had service just fine from the cable box at the road, up to the house. Really............? Pretty impressive from a technician in the Philippians who could only make apologies.

Every time we had to call their customer service we were connected and reconnected numerous times as the regular technicians are apparently only allowed to say "I'm sorry fifteen times in a 30 second conversation", and then will either drop your call, hang up on you, or put you on a endless hold. Comcast has no customer service. It is like a shell game where they will shuffle you around so much you finally end the call out of frustration. You may finally be able to talk with someone who actually is working in the US who you can actually understand, only to have them lie to you as well when they say, "Give me a couple of weeks and I will get back to you with your real accounts charges." Don't ever expect that call to be made. This company has a monopoly in most places and they use it to their advantage. I believe I will send a copy of this letter to my elected officials to see if something can be started to either make Comcast actually take their customers complaints seriously or start a way to break apart this giant company who strives to make money from their customers by extortion and bad business practices.

Did Comcast provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a problem with Comcast?

1.93 out of 5

Website

www.comcast.com

More Comcast Complaints

Customer Rating

The problem with Cable TV and Comcast in general is they just aren't worth it anymore. I love hulu, netflix, and Amazon, but I can live without Comcast. Poor customer service, no response on the phone, and too expensive for the choices I have now.

Customer Rating

You people are getting rediculiouse every time I turn around u charge for more and more crap now I can't even watch on demand TV series like shameless or game of thrones without paying an additional 1.99 or 2.99 per episode really I pay hundreds a month for service already and you guys want more and more .there becomes a point wen people need to start reuvaluating what they are getting from there providers for what they pay for. I can get more 10 times more from satilite and Netflix or Hulu plus etc. Than we can from you for half the price . I have over 5 properties with 2 hundred units each one time to band Comcast from all. Because Comcast is money hungry because you have a monopoly on service well it will bite you sooner or later.time to change hope u sleep at night. We're done

Customer Rating

An on going overcharge that is going on a month. Comcast changes account numbers and charges considerably more, in my case an extra $120.00 over the existing subscription. After making many calls during the month and getting different excuses why Comcast made the error in the first place they suggest I pay the extra charge and then they will issue a credit . Why should I pay for their mistake and then wait for reimbursement?

Customer Rating

On or about 3/14/2014 I contacted Comcast and asked them to remove the HD as well as Showtime. I was told by the representative both would be removed. I’ve never requested an HD box. Comcast should ask before bringing out something to someone home. I called to pay my bill and the bill was the same amount as if I still had both. I called and spoke w/rep. Nancy, she clearly does not have a clue…she was not helpful at ALL. I requested to speak with her supervisor which was Carolyn Laverge employee # RED. She was even nastier than her employee Nancy. Carolyn is simply collecting a check and the joke is on Comcast.

Once I closed on my home I will be terminating all services with Comcast.

I’m also filing a complaint with consumers affairs…fyi.

Customer Rating

To whom it may concern. On the 28th of March I was told Could have my internet at 34.99 for 25 mb for 1 year by Erica and that she would put a notation on my account and when I moved my service they would give me this price. I have called and Rochere told me there was no note and could not find that exact notation and would not do this. I had called origanally to see what you all could do before changing to your compeitor. Looks like you do not want my business. Also would not transfer me to any one to complain.
My # IS 575-740-4475

Customer Rating

We have been with comcast for about 6 years and never missed a payment or been late. We are on a fixed income and can only pay so much each month. We were paying 118.76 per month. But that wasent enough i suppose? Our bill went this month from 118.76 to 141.50 and we cant make it. So tues we will be leaving your company for something cheaper. Cant believe you dont like good customers? Dont want to leave but dont have a choice. Charles South. 765-575-8925

Customer Rating

we moved our business phone to a new address,comcast set the this up in advance long story short it didn’t work. We called customer service and were told we would have a call in 30minutes no return call. WE called back were we would receive a call right back, no call back,now its Friday after 5pm so they cant help us until saterday 8am We are a on call company and are under contract for 24 hour service. We will be looking for another company for our phone and net service. Tim Todd Coles appliance Inc.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Tim Todd on 03/21/2014 at IP address 24.22.4.130 using our comcast complaint form. This opinions contained in this comcast customer review titled, “lack of customer service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

After my service got installed this past Tuesday, and after the technician left, I noticed that the cable box was a used one and is all scratched up, you can visibly see all the dust in the inside. The internet modem clearly shows that it is a used one. When the cable was installed I seen the picture quality but didn’t really notice much difference at first. After the technician left. I noticed by flipping the channels that the picture quality is very poor (720 resolution). I called to complain on the 19th and after expressing my concerns the agent said he will put a request for someone (supervisor, manager) to call me back – no one did!. The next day (20th) the same, I called and told them that no one has given me a call and assured me that someone will – no one did. Later yesterday evening called again, and said that they cannot help me with my concerns, to file a complaint on the internet if I wanted to reach a manager.

My complaint is because of the pieces of junk for equipment that I got, and the quality of picture from the cable. On my first call I was told “well you didn’t subscribe to an HD plan”. having had Comcast service in the past and had a good picture, I was unaware that there are different types of picture quality. I thought that it was the standard quality from Comcast. The website was very misleading and deceiving for not mentioning this clearly!!! I had to blow up the fine print later and seen “Digital Economy”. What does that mean to me, the customer??? The picture quality was way much better when I had only just the digital HD antenna for public broadcasting channels. With the cable the local channels and all the rest are very poor!!!

Very disappointed in the customer service, equipment, picture quality and the overall experience with having selected COMCAST!!! This is my fourth attempt to express my concerns and to have someone address them. If you really do review the recordings for purposes of monitoring the quality of customer service, I would suggest you hear my calls that I have placed!!!

Email: edsanpv@yahoo.com
Cell: (408) 887-0855

Eduardo Sanchez

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Eduardo Sanchez on 03/21/2014 at IP address 24.4.6.48 using our COMCAST – XFINITY complaint form. This opinions contained in this COMCAST – XFINITY customer review titled, “Poor Customer Service, Poor Equipment, Poor picture quality” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

IMr. Brion King phone number 407-744-3874 offered me a $79.00 Multi Latino Max Tripe Play on March 3 , 2014. As per my request he emailed it the offer on the same day of installation done by Mathews Moore that had to wait for almost a hour until he sent the email. and now I am getting a bill for $139.00 . WHAT IS GOING ON……….

Mr. King is offering deals that he can not delivery!!!!! he is running a scan in behalf of Comcast!!!! and now customer service is saying that is nothing they can do. I am not accepting the way COMCAST is dealing with customers, you are hiring crews to mislead the consumers and to rip off us, with offers that can not be fulfill.

I need you to look into this matter and take action immediately, before I complaint to the respective authorities, you are not going to rip us off. Your company and the people that work for you are costing inconvenience.

Please some one look in this matter ASAP

Maria Cole
407-4609310

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Maria R Cole on 03/18/2014 at IP address 71.203.81.123 using our Comcast complaint form. This opinions contained in this Comcast customer review titled, “Cable/internet/phone” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

We own a pharmacy and asked Comcast to turn services on at a second location on 3/12/14 however, they turned the service off at our current location and we went one and one half days without phone service. Even after they turned the phone & internet services back on, they failed to turn our data lines back on which has prevented us from receiving e-prescriptions or faxed refill requests and faxed prescriptions. Today is 3/14 so effectively, we have lost 2 full days of business and since callers received a message telling them that “the account was no longer in service”, we’ve lost untold business that we have no way to recoup. This has sent a wrong message to our patients and potential patients.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Curtis Traylor (for Deerbrook Pharmacy) on 03/14/2014 at IP address 50.78.217.177 using our Comcast complaint form. This opinions contained in this Comcast customer review titled, “MISTAKE IN SERVICED” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I am completely frustrated with comcast customer service. No matter what kind of problem I have I cannot talk to a live person. On rare occasion, usually by accident, that I can find a live person, they are foreign and they cannot understand me and I cannot understand them. I need to be able to call a number and be able to talk to someone that understands my problem and is able to help me or direct me to a person who can. Please tell me if there is any way to have a customer service department that is actually helpful.

Customer Rating

My mother is over 90 years old and I put Comcast in her home years and years ago. I also take care of paying her bills. As the rates went higher and higher, I would call Comcast and always felt that the company was very caring about the senior population and understood how hard our elderly were living on a fixed income and many times their TV was their only form of entertainment. Every year I was able to get a very low rate for her for a 6 mo. or year period……….much like the Sacramento Bee does and other media carriers. This month her rate went from $54.99 to over $82.oo per month…………..she can’t possibly afford that. When I called I was told very tersely that Comcast was not doing back to back discounts due to the fact that they have to make money. This leaves me no option but to search around for another carrier. My mother is in love with the Sports Cannel for the Kings and the A’s and the Game Show Network and without these programs her life would be almost totally without entertainment. But a $30 permonth increase would have to come out of her food budget. And the two customer service people I spoke with were cold and indifferent about this problem. I just can’t believe that they worked for Comcast…………over the years I have the nicest people to deal with and they’ve always been able to come up with a discounted rate that was feasible for my mothers budget. I guess a lot has changed at Comcast. That kind of surprises me with all the competition. Hopefully, your employees won’t face the same budget problems when they get old and have their ability to entertain themselves very limited.

Customer Rating

No one seems to be able to fix my problem. I asked to speak to the complaint dept about multiple attempts to get this fixed. The second rep I spoke with said he was it. I knew that wasn’t the case. He then set me up with someone to come by and take a look at it a next week. So the TV isn’t fixed and the rep was rude. I missed the call to give my survey answers so I called them back and their was a simple recording that wouldn’t allow me to participate. It just said sorry we missed you and there is no reason to call back. I haven’t been able to get Internet Service since day one. I moved from out of state and had more timely and curious service.

Customer Rating

When signing up for Comcast, a $250 prepaid visa card was promised in the advertisement for signing up for the Triple-Play. 6 month of prompt payments and still no Visa card. I have made 3 attempts to track it down and to no avail.
This appears to be a bait and switch type tactic.

Customer Rating

Supervisor never got on phone. Had customer waiting long periods of time. CUSTOMER SERVICES IS HORRIBLE. I satisfy with y’all services. The company doesn’t care about customers concerns.

Customer Rating

My address keeps getting mail for a Howard Kessler from Comcast since last year. I had called the main office and explained to them I do not know any such person and I as a current owner do not wish to receive any advertisement from Comcast she had assured me that it would be taken care of that there might be 1 more delivery then it should stop, We it has not stopped as a matter of fact I wrote rejected and return to sender and it came back. I would like to have this corrected as soon as possible.

Ms. Fry

Customer Rating

I live in small community in Northeastern Pa called Spring brook Twp. I live on a road that is not even 2 miles long and has about 20 homes. I have contacted
comcast a number of times and seem to be getting the biggest run around.
I called on Wednesday April 10th and had the rudest person on the phone. I want to know why I cannot get cable installed on my road. The women not
only coughed into the phone she also argued with me about my address. Her excuse’s for it not being installed went from not enough homes on the road
to the local goverment do not want it installed.
I live about 1/4mile from the main road and about 1/10tenth of a mile from the closed house that has cable. She told me I could pay and have it installed
but it would cost over $8,000. I am currently unemployed and I had to turn down a work at home job because I do not have a secure internet access.
I do not understand or can find out why Comcast will not install lines on my road and I would appreciate an answer. I have contacted my local goverment and I also contacted my local congressman and senators.
Your company has the worse customer service I have ever had to deal with.I hope to hear from someone concerning this matter.
Alice Davis

Customer Rating

I have a copy of a contract dated 4/16/2012 #87781000 8778104016272406 stating that our payments would be $134.99 for a two year contract. Not one, not even one billing has been $134.99. Most of the charges have been $154. or $170.80 but never what the contract states. You even deleted Starz when it shows we would continue to recieve it. My wife should have brought this to my attention long a go but shame on you !. Karen today told me the promotion expired? What promotion? We agree to this price and I let go of the Starz question, just too buzy!. She wanted to send me to the loyalty dept. With whom I spoken with many times over the years.
Where is your loyalty??? I’m discusted with this,. At the end of april you can come get your equipment and I will file a complaint with the PUC or whoever I can. We have way over payed you!!! Chuck Moultrie

Customer Rating

I I sent copies of all the original bills beginning 2/82012 to current day, there have been improper charges, over charges, misappropriation of monies made out to Comcast for my account behalf. I have sent all paper work and copies to the District Attorney office of Alameda County. no one in your company has tried to resolve the illegal charges and practices. I urge you to investigate the issues revolving my account.
Kristiyana A Smith

Customer Rating

I’m subscribed for Basic cable. However, I don’t receive the 1-99 channels consistently. There is usually a message stating that the channel will be on shortly, but the channel never comes on. Sometimes, all I get is a blank screen. Other times, the picture is so badly pixielated that it’s impossible to watch. I do get some channels above the basic 1-99 range but not all of the time.
Would it be possible to shut down the signal and then reactivate it in the Basic program?

Companies Like Comcast

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!