Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Michael Andrews
Jan 20, 2015 - Grapevine, TX
Bad

The problem with Cable TV and Comcast in general is they just aren't worth it anymore. I love hulu, netflix, and Amazon, but I can live without Comcast. Poor customer service, no response on the phone, and too expensive for the choices I have now. I've tried repeatedly to contact their customer support department but they just put me on hold and transfer me from rep to rep until I get frustrated and hang up!

Have you had problems with Comcast?

Compare Comcast to Similar Cable TV more...

Top 217 Reviews about Comcast

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Comcast customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I was having trouble with my internet service, and I called Comcast for an explanation of the problem. Your representative told me that services were down in my area and that it would be operational by midnight. However, it was not and a day had gone by and my internet was still not operable.

I called again and your representative said to me the package I have is too slow, basically, and I needed to upgrade to something else. I asked what the cost was and it was higher than I was presently paying. I specifically said no that is not helping me. I just need what I have to work properly. He put a manager on the phone, a foreign speaking gentleman and he stated to me the same thing.

I said again, that is not helping me because it will cost me more than I am paying now. No. I do not want that. I found out months later that it was added anyway and I was told I should have called and cancelled it. I said how can I cancel something I never ordered?

My services were changed without my permission and now I am being penalized and charged for it. It is not fair. I have the internet, obviously because I need it. I have called several times and spoke to several customer service people, still with no results. I was told to pay $17 dollars and some change by a certain date and this is what I done. Only to fine out later that person informed me incorrectly and the remainder of that amount was tacked onto my bill along with the cost of a service that I did not order.

What happened to pleasing and treating the customer fair and justly??

Horrible

Last night (5/20/15) was David Lettermans's last night. I have watched him for many years and was anxious to see this show. Well, there was no sound on my TV while the program was on - Sure - when the commercials came on the Sound was loud and clear. I was very disappointed.

Comcast is not providing a good service. The past few days there was interruption when the TV would go blank for a few seconds.
Also, a couple weeks ago, Comcast came and installed a box in my front yard without communicating with me. I now have 2 of your boxes in my front yard. With 2 boxes it seems I would have better cable service.

I hope Comcast reviews the numerous complaints they are getting and improve their service.

Horrible

Made a payment arrangement with the person that called mean 5/15/15. I was not able to give him my credit card number at the end the conversation because I was in a public place. He did not tell me at the end the conversation that payment arrangement was not valid withou a card info. My cable was disconnected on 5/18/15. I was thinking he made an error with payment arrangements because he had the wrong information when he called me. I had to correct him.

I called Comcast. No help with any customer representative, no supervisor available to talk to me. I was told a supervisor will call me back or I can call the same number that called me, the collection departement like the representative said.

They were the rude, unprofessional, it's sounding like I was wasting there time. I had to deal with different people not caring about my problem. After the 3third call, a decent person was able to listen to me and didn't transfer me to an automatic payment system, got me Ebony the supervisor who restore my service and charge me a reconnection service anyway. I set the the payment for Friday the 22 like I had asked from the beginning.

I have been with Comcast over 10 years. I spend 2 hours trying to get somebody help or attention since that conversation was recorded they could retrieve it, I was not making this up. Awful customer service, not caring or helpful don't appreciate the business over all this years. I am very disappointed Comcast or xfinity.

Horrible

I have been a Comcast customer for 5 years. Those have been 5 of the most horrible frustrating expensive years of service I have ever endured. I have been paying over $200 a month for internet, television, and phone. Internet was their blast 105. Never ever did I get a connection speed of over 25 MBPS. uploads of 1 MPBS. Frequent service interruptions, Constant problems using On demand. Response to complaints was nonexistent.

I finally got fed up with paying so much money for such a horrible semi functional product and called to cancel my service. What a horrible experience. I feel like someone tried to strongarm me, and intimidate me. I have never agreed to, signed or discussed a contract with Comcast. When I insisted on severing the relationship with this horrible, unethical company, I was told I had a contract with them and that I was subject to early termination fees. This will probably be resolved in court.

I am currently waiting on them to review the conversation where I was supposedly told I would be under contract. This conversation doesn't exist. Comcast is using storng-arm, intimidating practices to try to keep me as a customer they can ripoff. Unbelievable. Never do business with this company. Completely unethical, deceptive, and dishonest. Like I said, I will end up in court with them over this one.

Bad

TV service not working, on my third call (on hold). 1st call had me perform many tasks. Said would call back and didn't. Called next day got disconnected, then after 35 minutes hung up and now on hold. This is ridiculous treatment from Comcast corporate. I have half a mind to write a letter to their executives.

Horrible

All three of my services, telephone, internet, and TV, keep going out on a frequent basis. When I speak to Comcast, there is always some new and incomprehensible reason. The latest (today) is that "there is an outage." When I ask what it is that goes out, they do not know. Also, this is the SECOND "outage" within about three weeks. I also want to know WHY these "outages" keep occurring. Nobody knows. I get transferred around, being periodically placed "on hold" usually for upwards of 30 minutes. Twice, after being on hold, I was disconnected (deliberately?)

I finally started to ask for someone from the administration. Again, I was jerked around, put on hold for lengthy periods of time, then disconnected, then finally being told that the name I was told to ask for is just a plain supervisor. I still have note gotten answers or fixed equipment. I was on the phone all day today with Comcast, hour after hour. Ultimately, I got nowhere.

Any ideas?

Horrible

I want to know where my credits are for the 6 months that Comcast was supposed to close my case with the wrong TV Modem Wi Fi box. They gave me the wrong one since December and over-charged me a lot of money. I hold Betsy for all the credits for 6 months of over-charges. She will need to be in the court case. I also rather not bother with court and I am demanding all my credits.

Stop ignoring me!!! Where are the credits? The first $62 credit is not on the next bill. If not then I wish to cancel my Comcast TV Xfinity. If you piss me off more I'll cancel the whole Triple Play and start a new relationship with Verizon Triple Play. So lets go and now tell me about how much credits that I have. Betsy never told me about the credits just about the prices were lower now and the first $62. So it should be 62 for each of the 6 months from December 23, 2014 through May 23, 2015. Lets go!!!

Horrible

I'm demanding credits for each over-charges from 12/23/14 through 04/23/15. I was given the higher TV cable when I asked for the lower one. Comcast never wanted to close this case for over 5 months and I paid an over-charge of about $183.00 each of those months and Comcast only gave me $62. Now I'll have to go to court instead of them doing the credits in a fair way. This is with the Better Business Bureau, Facebook and google

Horrible

1) A week ago last Friday Comcast hired a company to install a box for next door neighbor. They dug up part of my lawn. I feel they did not do a very good job and also Comcast never notified me that they were doing this. Where was the communication?

2) Several nights ago I was unable to get TV or use my computer for several hours.

3) Once again at 5:30 am. the Tv nor my computer were functioning. It finally came on approximately 3 hours later. Since I did not have these services, I should not be charged-Do I get a discount on my Comcast bill.? This is not good service. I now have 2 boxes on my front lawn. I feel I should get better service.

Poor

I have charges on my account that are incorrect. So you interrupt my service for your mistake! What kind of business is this? Your employees laughed at me multiple times as well as keeping me on the line for over two hours. Then I get these on demand service credits that are invalid!

Poor

Comcast gave me the wrong cable TV part of their Triple Play. They gave me the premium instead of what I asked for since January 2015. I had to pay an over-charge each of those months. Now they finally closed that case and restored my cable TV part but only gave me only $62 in credit off my bill. They only gave one month of credit instead of for 5 months credits. I also see that I paid an over-charge of more than $62 a month since January 2015. So now I'm not paying my any more until I get my credits in full. They can come and take out my Triple Play now if they want to. I don't need these problems from Comcast. They are playing with my mind.

Horrible

Comcast was unable to provide the service we are contracted for at $185.00 per month for "Bundled service." TV, INTERNET, PHONE.

This service is very inconsistent. It is disrupted weekly without advance notification or explanation. You can be watching TV and it goes to Blue screen saying service will return shortly. That's so incorrect as service can be out for many hours or longer. When all three services are disrupted we can't even call out on our phone as it is in a bundle. We lose all ability to continue to work on the computer.

For years, the cable line was laying above ground for about three tenths of a mile. When a neighbor would drive out of their driveway they would run over the wire and service would be effected. The cable has been put deeper in ground but service still is disrupted. They really need a Public Service Administration Audit of their operation in North MS.

We want the service we pay for!!

Horrible

I had equipment that was not working properly and called Comcast and let them know. Comcast sent a technician out to fix the problem and failed to inform me that I was going to be charged $140 to fix the problem. I called Comcast's billing department and they told me that wasn't right and they would take off $70 if I signed up to pay them $4.99 a month for insurance incase there equipment failed. Why should I pay to have Comcast fix their faulty equipment. If Comcast does not right the wrongs, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and switch to another company.

Horrible

I ordered Comcast for internet and cable a week prior to moving in my new apartment with an installation date for 5\2\15 between 4pm and 6pm. I was at my apartment at 3:45pm, to wait for the technician, as well as my boyfriend and kids. I had my cell phone, which is the only number you have, on me the whom time.

At 6:30pm, I called and spoke with Dillon. He informed me that he put a ticket in to escalate the problem, and that a supervisor would be calling. So, now I have wasted three hours of my families life waiting, and putting aside our move, so we can have tv and internet with Comcast. No call again.

I called 5/3/15, about 12:45pm wondering what was going on. I talked with Matthew. He said he could have someone out the next day. I informed him that was not okay because I had an agreed upon time and date, and the technician never called or showed. So, he put in a ticket #028820830. He said someone would call by 1:15 pm. Again, no call.

My boyfriend called back at 2:15pm, and did not get the name of this rep, but he said 10:15am 5/4/15, or the next opening is not until Thursday. Again, this is not okay. I should not have to rearrange my schedule because your technician failed to do a job. Also, I scheduled it for the time I did for a reason. Then the rep proceeds to say we can pick it up. If i wanted to pick it up, I would have done that in the first place.

So now, I have no internet, which is needed for school and work, or cable. I asked for a supervisor, and the rep said that is what the escalation ticket is for. I am very disappointed with the way your business is run. Thanks for making me just a ticket number!

Bad

Cannot get through to any one for tech support , Every week I get an error code Soaoo. tonight the majority of the channels has this code when I tried to call the first 5 time the phone would ring then hang up. every time after this I was put through an automatic phone system where I had to listen to promotions about your services never with an oppertunity to speak to a tech. and eventually again hung up on. your service is poor. your response to the public is very poor. I demand a personal response where I will hang up on you the first 5 times the next 4 I wont let you speak, but will tell you why you should buy my car. then I will tell you why I am canceling my service with you !!! waiting for your response with deaf ears!!!

Poor

I called today and spoke with an agent whom told me that I had to pay $278 to reactivate my services. I told her in I will pay for my these terms. She took my card information and transfers me to someone who was going to trouble shoot my services. After being transferred a least four times, each time being promised that my services will be back on soon. I doin malt spoke to whom I was told was the person to help me and he said my service would be on in a minutes. After a hour my service still was not on so I callled back only to be told I had to make an additional pay. When would be $216 more dollars.

Bad

I requested Comcast Xfinity with their Triple play in January 2015. So they send out their guy to set up the Xfinity modem box with Wi Fi. The guy gave me the most expensive box instead of the cheaper cable one that I had requested. So instead of me paying $129.00 they are charging me $250.07 a month. So I inquired to them and they sent out the correct Xfinity modem Wi Fi box in the mail and I changed the hook up then called them to activate it and sent back the expensive one back with their pre-paid label. Now I'm still getting billed for the expensive one for four months for $250.00 instead of $129.00 for the one I asked for in the first place. This is the third time I called them up about the over-charge and Comcast tells me that no one had closed the case with the expensive box.

They told me the case will finally be closed two months a go with in 24 hours and now 2 months have gone buy so I'm being ripped off every month. Comcast keeps telling that they will figure out all charges and credits to me since January. Today they told me that they will call me at 12:30 PM to finally settle to change the billing and give me a four month credit and send out a guy to check my box to see if it is the correct one on today April 30, 2015 and the women never back call so far and the person to come to my apartment still has not showed up. Another place that has the Triple Play has at a start special of $71.00 a month so Comcast may be losing me soon.

Horrible

Received a phishing phone call from people claiming to be Comcast. They had my exact internet speed and channels. I stupidly paid these people $420 for their false promotion and gave away my social security#. So far it has cost me an extra $400 to to protect my identity. Made a complaint with Comcast, and they never called back to inform me of anything.

They did call back to say I was late on my bill and needed to pay before services were terminated. Went to their local store to pay because I no longer trust giving them any information over the phone and try to see what happened with my complaint. Was told they couldn't do anything there and needed to call the 1-800 number. Left a message with the manager to get back with me and after receiving my complaint called back and asked what I wanted her to do about it.

Maybe let their customers know their Info was leaked and people were being scammed? Work with the appropriate agencies to get the number taken down. It still works by the way. Google it and see all the complaints. Or maybe just an apology and follow up call. The scammers were actually more professional than the actual Comcast employees when they called to get payment for my bill! I'm not even asking to be reimbursed and am willing to pay for services renders but can I get an apology and call back for Pete's sake?! How is it even legal to run a company like this?!!!

Poor

I have Comcast Xfinity (we have like 6 boxes in our house) 9/10 I love Comcast. Here is my complaint. I can't use HBOGO on my PS4 and Comcast is one of the only (if not the only) providers that doesn't allow this. Its frustrating. I have quite a few medical conditions and spend a great deal of downtime on my PS4 because I can control a lot through it. not having this centralized is irritating and i know quite a few people who feel this way.

Horrible

I recently moved to a new are so I set up my service to be transferred to my new location. Once we settled to our new location, our service wasn't working at all! The rep set up a technician to come out to our new location to fix the service. Everything was done except our house phone, we were unable to make out going calls.

Finally, reported and an IT person fixed the problem 48 hours later. Now I get a bill for $320 (charges for equipment) WTF!!! How am I getting charged for equipment if I moved my service? Called (888) 966-7542 spoke to KATE and was suppose to fix the problem! We shall see how long this takes. Never fails!! I have so much problems with Comcast that it's ridiculous. Problem needs to be fixed ASAP or you will lose another loyal customer fast.

Contact the Comcast Complaint Department