Customer Satisfaction Results

Comcast

Complaint Department

Filed by Michael Andrews on Jan 20, 2015
Consumer Rating

The problem with Cable TV and Comcast in general is they just aren't worth it anymore. I love hulu, netflix, and Amazon, but I can live without Comcast. Poor customer service, no response on the phone, and too expensive for the choices I have now. I've tried repeatedly to contact their customer support department but they just put me on hold and transfer me from rep to rep until I get frustrated and hang up!

70 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Comcast?

Compare Comcast to Similar Cable TV more...

Comcast Customer Feedback Trending Now

185 Comcast consumers have created complaints against Comcast to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Comcast complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Comcast corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I am sick and tired of the idiots they have working who can barely speak English on 2 weeks ago I requested to transfer my service and get a appointment to set up my equipment at the new address for April 25th after they called me like 4 times to confirm on april 20th I get home and I have no service. I had to call three times and even though they had records showing that this was scheduled for the 25 th and it was an input error they told me that I would have to wait 24 to 48 hours to reconnect. And this is not to mention that earlier in the day I spoke with some lady in Pakistan or India with horrible speaking skills who told me that I had a balance of 118.00 for the new address which I had not even moved to yet. It is always the same with this company I have had appointments scheduled which they have missed they constantly call you 4 or times to confirm an appointment with this automated system and then they have the balls to tell you that a call was not confirmed I am done with these people.

Consumer Rating

A tech came and didn't know how to hook up the internet and also chopped my cable chords outside of my house. In doing that, they cut off my dish-network services as well. I have been left with no internet, and no access to my dish-network channels. I have called over a dozen times since the day of the incident and have been given the run around to fixing the issues that their inexperienced tech has caused. The customer service is so poor at Comcast I have been hung up on and have been greeted with such poor attitude. I have asked to speak to a supervisor multiple times and have been left on hold to be answered by another representative or hung up on. If it was up to me, Comcast would get 0 stars.

Consumer Rating

Got contacted by a promotional group today that said they were with the Loyalty Rewards Department of Comcast. They were telling me that if I pre-paid $420 on a Green Dot card, I would not have a payment for the next 6 Months and the next 18 months would only be $70 month. I asked them for a number to call them back with and they gave me (855) 859-6946. When you call that number they answer Loyalty Rewards Department (the same department that your Sales group say they are with).

What irks me about Comcast is that this is the same scam that called me a couple of months ago, and I talked with approximately (3-4) representatives in which they could not tell me if the promotion was legitimate or not. I finally did try it last time after your group told me it could be a promotion by one of Comcasts Vendors or associate groups. Of course, once the callers received my payment, all the numbers that I had been contacted by (or given for return calling) were no longer valid. I contacted Comcast and demanded to talk to a Supervisor, and he then told me Comcast never asks for payment up front.

Why don't your sales group know this. I talked with (2) today, and they are still clueless and told me they did not know if this group was legitimate or not. I think Comcast is SO afraid of losing a possible sale, they don't care to try to stop the Scams by educating their sales people when customers call in with concerns from callers. Also, why don't you have a Fraud Department readily available to handle situations like this? Kinda curious if you will even read this and respond.

Consumer Rating

For the past several days, we have been having issues with our phone service. Comcast can't seem to figure it out. We moved from one home to another. Which are next to one another and changed our address with comcast. We lost all of our service after talking to 20 people the first day (and I wish I was exaggerating) we finally got our internet and cable, however, we were unable to get phone restored. Later that night our phone service appeared to be restored. However, throughout the very same night, we lost our phone service again. Another ticket was made for a team specialist to restore the service again and was told that now it can take up to 72 hours.

So then we had no choice but to purchase a cell phone to call and speak with comcast again. To find out that our bill went from $153 to $192 because of a change of address. the $192 was reverted back to $153 after 2 hours of talking because they gave us a new account. My husband lost 2 days of work due to this problem with our phone service and then we spent money we needed for other things to purchase a cell phone. However was only given a $20 credit for our inconvenience of not having our phone. My husband lost 2 days of pay so far. With his line of work, he can not give his mobile number out to clients because they knew of our home number and they can not get through.

Consumer Rating

We have moved from one address to another and called to switch the service address. During the process we lost cable and phone. We have called continuously to retrieve what is lost and have retrieved everything except the phone service. We have spoken to 15-20 different representatives that could not help us. To the point of writing this, we still have no phone service. We have been at our current address for 6 days with no problems to our services until we finally had the time to change our service address. Now my husband may lose his job due to not having the phone service. It is prudent that I receive the best service on this matter. We have done everything that many have suggested to us.

Consumer Rating

Comcast has a bazillion customers and cannot properly bill and account for the majority of them. They only offer the BEST rates to new customers and keep raising rates for everyone else. I will not continue to pay higher fees for less service and poor customer support. Instead of a rating 1 to 5 how about zero to 5 and Comcast qualifies as a 0. If Comcast ever gets their rates in line with real world budgets, but as it is they are fat cats.

Consumer Rating

I had a scheduled appt set for April 14th 8am-10am I was called that he was running late, ok well I took time off work to be there, I left my home at 9:30am told Comcast to have him call me before he gets to town - they said no problem. Well he was at my house at 10:20 no problem because I work 2 minutes from my house. He was nice he started asking some questions, I informed him I was watching TV I still had Direct TV connected until Comcast is comes on. Then he asked what a line was for that was in my sons room I informed him it was from his Xbox that goes to connect to the internet - He cut the tip of the cord - WTF why it was mine not his!!! I want a new cable line. Then he knew I was watching TV all of the sudden it was not working. He told me that he was having some issues with the TAP TV line that was on the pole near the Alley 9NOT IN ANYONES YARD NO OBSTRUCTION TO THE POLE) He said he doesn't do this someone else will be here tomorrow.

I told him you just disconnected me - I still have Direct TV but if someone will be here TOMORROW OK. He informed me someone would be calling me in an hour, NEVER HAPPENED!! I had to call after work on the phone for awhile to be informed that someone would be calling me tomorrow to come over for installation, I told him I called Direct TVand they said they could reconnect my cut wires by the dumb ass comcast tech - The man told me no we will take care of you. Oh someone called me - a woman that was uppity and was not very nice or gave a crap about my situation. Just informed me that no one would be coming today - I then informed her that I want a SUPERVISOR TO CALL ME BACK, she informed me they would. NO PHONE CALL - I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SHOCKED AGAIN!!!! I had to call again after work, On the phone again for awhile this gentleman couldn't help other than having installation on Saturday, so now I have to stay home when I am suppose to be out of town and not have cable tv for 5 days UNACCEPTABLE in my standards anyways BUT I GUESS NOT COMCAST!!!

He told me he would. AGAIN I received a phone from a nice lady that listened to my complaints BUT STILL NO SUPERVISOR! She told me that a supervisor would be calling me first thing in the morning. Ok I spoke to a lady that informed me that they would be calling me to come out to my house today! OMG should I hold my breath. WELL guess what it's 11:20AM and no phone call. The is the worst customer service I have ever had in my entire life and I am 55 years old!!!! Not once did anyone ever say well maybe we could waive your installation for all your troubles or anything - HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Now will anyone do anything with this complaint - it's a TOUGH ONE

Consumer Rating

My Xfinity service has not been working. FOR TWO MONTHS. My internet doesn't work and I have 12 channels. After many calls and no resolutions, I decided to cancel my service today and switch to Verizon. The customer service representative told me she couldn't help me, then screamed at me over the phone before hanging up. I've called back four times been on hold for ten minutes each time, and no one has helped me. I'm sick of dealing with rude representatives and terrible Internet and cable.

Consumer Rating

I was at my other home in the desert this weekend and I went to your La Quinta store to pick up on some items I needed.. While there I was very dismayed to discover that you allow sales people that frequent your stores to follow customers up the aisle with their lotions and creams? I have allergies to most fragrances and just the scent of some of these gives me migraines for hours. I only use organic and scent-free products. I assumed in this higher end area you would not allow this type of behavior. I was wrong. I notice some of these people are asking if you want to try it while they are actually putting it on you. I have to dodge these pushy, aggressive creatures. Or they are bringing the the jar right next to me and the scent is so strong I feel sick. Sebomed is the one this time at your store that did this. I wave them off but by then its too late. I have the scent up my nose. The other one that also is shoving stuff near us is something called Aloe . I have experienced that product and Sebamed in LA being downright pushy.. I also have a home in Greater Los Angeles area and both these companies also approach in the aisle way . I do not want anyone jumping out at me with their products to either put on me or have me smell. it. I If I had interest I would come over to them. I am there to get what I need and feel like I have to fight these people off. Why do you allow this in your stores? I notice it is has gotten even worse. Two of my close friends have already quit renewing with you due to this. I will also do the same if this continues. and take my business to only Sam's Club as I have not seen this problem there so far. Your store has items I really like , however, I will not tolerate being chased down by sales people you allow in your stores. It should be that we only approach them if we have interest!

Consumer Rating

My daughter encouraged me to return to Comcast because she has the Xbox and thought I would enjoy the new features Comcast have to offer so, against my better judgement I gave in. I called in & was told that I could pick up the boxes from my local store, in my ignorance of how this work, I showed up at the Comcast store and was told not so. It was the weekend, the grand kids were coming over so, I settled for the regular boxes with the intention to call back and upgrade which I did. Appt made for Sunday April 12 , 3pm To five. Four thirty no call, finally I made a call at 4:50 pm the cust. Serv. Rep was quite nice and did his best to help. At 5.02 pm I received a call from a Comcast rep who was also quite nice and wanted to help. I was asked to wait almost another hour for a tech to come. I believe that it is nice to be important but more important to be nice. Comcast services is not nice. My time is important and offering me credit does not give me back the time I waited. Comcast need the ordinary people as well as the big business. Comcast is so big they do not value customers time...they can behave in this manner, offer a credit to make it ok , no thanks, I am important. I am looking into starting a movement to sue companies such as Comcast and others who think it's okay to be disrespectful of people time. We are all valuable stop wasting our time. If your people cannot make it then call it is the right & respectful thing to do, I am at fault I should never have come back... I shouldn't be surprise, I did not expect better. Respect for customer time is not a priority in this society why did I think that comcast would step up nothing has changed in this area. Some improvement has been made in customer services but this area is not one of them. I know nothing will be done but hey I am good... I have God he is perfect.! Just thought I let you know how I feel. I am not perfect but I am respectful.

2 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

While using my computer's I heard a female voice (4-10-15) telling me my computer was being attacked by a virus! I immediately contacted Norton Security 1-800-272-7149 and talked to a Norton technician (who worked for supervisor Jay) in Canada...a Mr. Isaac Johnson ID #765467, After engaging me in conversation for at least half an hour promising me he was going to destroy this virus Mr. Isaac Johnson wanted me to pay $191.00 to remove and protect me from the virus. I do not appreciate this deceptive waste of my time, I want Comcast to tell me where I can go for Comcast technical service when I need it. This technician was not surprised that I had a heard voice warning me I am being attacked by viruses. I only want to receive the HELP I need from Comcast technicians and not waste my time being deceived. What has happened to the technical help that Comcast has provided their customers in the past. Please send me the proper information I need when I have a technical problem so I can avoid these pseu'do technicians that waste my time selling virus protection that Comcast is suppose to have provided with Norton.

Consumer Rating

Signed up with Comcast business 11/13. Was told this was a 12 month contract. My rate increased in December 2014. I contacted them and was told that my contract was over. Last month my business phone and fax was shut off, they said the payments I remitted came back from my bank disputed. (Wrong) got the service restored, the $250 flip a switch/reactivation fee was waived. Decided to change carriers when we moved our office, numbers were ported as of today. When I called to cancel service I was told that I am in a 2 year contract and that I need to pay an early termination fee of $299 and that they need 60 day disconnect request sent in. Neither of which are stated on my copy of my contract. In looking over the contract they have, it is not my signature on there. I called back and told them it was forged, they advised me to call the police and report it. Horrible service!!!

Consumer Rating

I placed my service on seasonal hold on Dec 5 of last year. I was told all was well. Just call when I returned. My sister was sick and I had to go help her. In January 2015. I received an email from Comcast saying I owed 800.00. Of course I called them. They representative had no idea or record of me owing 800.00. My account had not been placed on seasonal hold. But they would ensure it was placed on there. I was told that I would only owe 100.00 or slightly more when I returned. I was glad to have this taken care of. When I returned last Monday I called to have my service restored. The office was closed for the evening. So i.called back the next day. Without any definitive results But i requested that a supervisor contact me. That did not happen. So i waited all day yesterday without any contact from a supervisor. I called again today and requested a supervisor. I spoke to ISIS from the Chicago area and she was professional, courteous and concerned about my problem. I called again and spoke to Tiffany. Who would not let me explain my situation. She seemed to be nonchalant and impersonal towards my Needs as a customer. I was very distraught and upset upon the completion of our conversation. I am a fully disabled permanently unemployed US NAVY VETERAN with 24 years of honorable service. I suffer from Severe Depression. PTSD. Anxiety, insomnia. High blood pressure and numerous foot. Ankle and joint problems. My complaint is that only two people of 6 or 7 knew the whole story behind my account. I was constantly given Erroneous information. I was finally told that there was a payment that was returned and that is what caused my account to be charged off without my knowledge. During this time I had my partner paying the bill so i did not know the check had been dishonored. Also, my mail was supposed to be forwarded but my post office never received the notice. Even though I paid the fee online. So my post office here sent the mail.back to the senders. But an email would have sufficed just as it did before. But comcast knew nothing about who sent it.
I have been a loyal customer for years. This seasonal hold has been a nightmare trying to fix. Now they say i owe 398. I was told by Tiffany today that there would also be a 150.00 fee. I had already been told that would be waived. ISIS was nice enough to waive the fees concerned with restoring my service. Please discuss proper customer service etiquette with her.
I also suffer from Debilitating Migraines and thanks to my unfortunate interaction with i may possibly have to go see my neurological specialist at the VA Hospital.
I am seeking resolution and service restoration. I can pay 200.00 and the rest on the first.198.00. But i shouldn't be penalized, harassed and disrespected by comcast personnel. This is wrong.

Consumer Rating

In trying to call them to ask about a cable box in my apartment that hasn't worked since we got it, I was told first that she was the wrong department, and was then hung up on. Then I called back five times afterward, and was hung up on three more times. Customer service for comcast has proven so many times to me how terrible they are.

Consumer Rating

Keep being overcharged - now I have a technical charge only because I received a effective cable box. Spent innumerable hours with this miserable dying company.

Consumer Rating

I was told on friday, the 3rd of april that if I paid 60 dollars that would secure my services until atfer the 5th of april, then i could pay the balance, but today on the 4th of april, i was called and told that if I do not pay today, that my services would be disconnected, now I was lied to, and I have had enoungh of the high price for cable, and if you want me as a coustmer then you will keep your word, but if not then I will not keep my word, and I will find someone else to have service with, and you will have to kill me in order to get any money from me, just tired of telling your companey that i get paid once a month, but when I had to pay to go to a doctor, or pay for cable, i thought living was the best, but your company says that was a bad choice, and i was laugh at by your reps, that was on the phone, simple, you wait til the 6th of april or you will not get nothing at all, your choice....one very upset cust.

Consumer Rating

I own 7 acres with 4 houses on it. Tom Hughes who lives in one of the houses has Comcast tv and internet. We had an ice storm and his cable broke. He called and they ran a temporary cable across my property. Over 300 feet. They said they would be back when the weather got better. They didn't com back. I called Monday and complained. I was told they would be here Tuesday between 8 and 8. They never showed up. I called and they said there was never an appointment made. They told me they would be here Wednesday between 8 and 8. They never showed up. I call back and complained again. They said they would be here Friday, between 8 and 8. NEVER SHOWED! I called today and complained.

They said they will be here between 8 and 8 today. Around two o'clock I called again to make sure some one was coming today. I was told you are not scheduled until tomorrow between 8 and 8. I got irate and was transferred to service, they told me the same thing. Then she checked the other dates I had told her I was scheduled. She said I show there was someone there inside working for 1 hour and 32 minutes. She said I was scheduled for Sunday between 8 and 8. I asked for a number to call to complain and was told there is no number. I spoke to her supervisor. He told me again I was scheduled for tomorrow between 8 and 8. I said something about someone said they were there Wednesday working. He said I don't see anything about that. When I told him the girl before him told me that she shows someone was here working in the house for an hour and thirty two minutes he all of a sudden found it. First of all the problem was not inside it is the cables outside.

They even told me no one had to be here, but we were. He said he would put a ticket in and try to get someone out here today but if not tomorrow between 8 and 8. He said he would give me the ticket number. I asked what good would that do if they don't show up. I would call the same people and make the same complaint! Then I told him I will give them till 8 PM then I am cutting both cables into small pieces to get them out of my yard and you guys can run new cables and take the scrap back with them. I have already told Tom I was going to do it. So you can deal with him! What a crappy company to deal with, and I was thinking about going with you. Blessing in disguis!

Consumer Rating

I received the ultimate in customer service break downs. The telephone representatives were horribly inefficient and rude. Normally, I contact the email for Tom Karisnak's office and they usually come up with a resolution. This time, I've received feedback emails from a ton of different people stating the same thing, " thank you for contacting us and we appreciate your business, I will take responsibility of this complaint and follow through". What a load of crap, these ding bats have my bill over $300 and it was just $128, really? Now no one returns my call, i literally hate COMCAST! There has got to be a better option, oh but I am going to file a civil complaint this time, I'm tired and fed up!

Consumer Rating

I called up to ask if they can change my automatic deduct date so I can cover it, im on disability and I get paid once a month, they said they cant because its computerized(you mean to tell me with all the I.T. guys working for you theirs no way they can fix it?) unexceptable, they gave me no hope, I did it once before and the guy helped me, so why not now? She made me switch my account to pay online, because its the only way, Pure laziness, I will be canceling at the end of the month!

Consumer Rating

I went on to do a postdated to pay my bill (as usual,because we have done this many times because of his pay date)...I got put through 4 times...3 of which were either my account was locked from the previous person,one put me way back to the beginning,and another told me that's not even in my area without checking my account seeing I've done this 10 plus times...so im done. Sad to say it. Tried rooting for them but I can't anymore.

Contact the Comcast Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Comcast. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 1 Comcast Center Philadelphia, PA 19103
    • Philadelphia
    • PA 19103
  • I want to call the Comcast customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

215-286-1700
  • I need to visit the Comcast company website. What is their website address?