American Airlines Customer Service

Contact American Airlines Corporate

Toll free phone number: 817-863-1234

American Airlines is a Fort Worth, Texas based airline and is one of the top two airlines in the world. After its merger with US Airways in 2013 it now trades on NASDAQ:AAL. The AA fleet is over 939 with over 6700 flights daily to 350 destinations in 50 countries. Third quarter earnings in 2015 were reported as over US 1.7 billion. Employees numbered over 113,000 in 2015.

If you have a problem with your American Airlines flight you are not alone. The best customer service phone number to call for help is 1-800-433-7300. If you are an AAdvantage member call 1-800-882-8880. Find helpful numbers here. If you would like to contact CEO, Doug Parker, you may address a postal correspondence to him with American Airlines, 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., MD 5675, Fort Worth, Texas 76155. The corporate phone number is 817-963-1234.

From its beginnings in 1930 as American Airways it was a consolidation of over 80 small airlines. It officially became American Airlines in 1934 and moved headquarters to Texas in 1979. The C.R. Smith Aviation Museum is operated by American Airlines as well as a Texas based flight academy. Social presence may be found on Facebook and Twitter.

American Airlines Contact Information

• American Airlines headquarters address

• AMR Corporation
    • Fort Worth
    • TX 76155

817-863-1234

Browse reviews of other Airlines

Top American Airlines Complaints

Flight was overbooked -people had questions and a lady at counter looked and sounded annoyed , a lady asked her a question and she put her hand out and used her painting finger gesturing hold on n said it’s my daughter and she answered the phone - then im assuming told her daughter to hold on and addressed the customer- I tried to ask lady about seating and she was rude and said “ you have a ticket don’t you? I said yes - I’m just asking if it’s window seats and again she said look at your tickets what seat # you have ? I told her n she tried to explain. Seating arrangements but, rolling her eyes and moving her head I said you know what never mind thank you, it’s ok forget it , n I walked off while she was still talking and I sat down and she keeps staring at me n my bag , she told her friend she needs to finish arranging seats then they called to board and called our number to board n I had one small bag carry on suit case - lady keeps asking to check your bags in -then said if your group 7-9 you will need to get ready to check in the bags - she said if bags don’t fit in the bag check it will need to b checked in, the people in front of me had huge bags and they were not asked to measure bags - when I get up to hand over me ticked that same lady walks all the way over and in loud voice she speaks out and said “ sir” sir bring your Bag up her and see if it fits - I put the bag in the bag check and it went in but the corner of the bag bent and she said - seat number it’s going in the bottom, asked her why it fits n said no it did not - I told her it has all my memorabilia glass from Disney and said “ oh well it’s going on the bottom it didn’t fit and she grabbed the bag n took it from me and put it aside and went back to her standing spot ! We have an AA Credit card and own a business and I can promise you that I make more money then that lady does n treated her with dignity and respect until all I could do was terminate the conversation. but, every architect, GC , contractors and building business associates we deal with, when they asks about my experience- I will tell them exactly what I went through. AA flight 422 Gate 39 7:25 - if she is unhappy with her job she needs to quit and move on “ we are the customers and pay her salary” she needs to understand. If my cups and glass memorabilia I’d broke I will be filing for reimbursement! The company I did work for did the American
Express edit card building in the airport in Dallas DFW and I know exactly how the luge is handled and I expect all the glass in my bag will be broke by the time I land in Dallas

If I could rate zero stars I would. Worst traveling experience of my entire life. I was supposed to leave savannah, ga at 4:22 pm and land in Houston, tx by 7:53 HOWEVER the flight was delayed 4 hours and I was ultimately rebooked to another flight to an even farther connection destination with new hopes of being in Houston by 9:53 pm. The new booking they put me on was also cancelled and the first leg of the trip sat grounded for an hour. I was then rerouted Denver, Colorado and the airline was switched to United who ended up telling me my ticket was put in incorrectly and i no longer have the seat selection choices that i paid for. I called American to ask them for a refund for my entire trip because they basically ruined 24 hours of my life and they told me they had no record of my flight since they switched me to United and there was nothing they could do for me. I will never ever again fly with this terrible company.

On July 7,2019 my husband and I were booked on a flight from Oklahoma city to Houston Texas and then to Seattle Washington. We were then told after waiting for departure that flight was delayed sand we would miss our flight to Seattle The customer service helper trying to help us kept complaining he had to use the restroom. Because of his carelessness he forgot to put my husband and I on standby and we spent hours being promised a flight home. We finally asked for a manager and he came down kept promising us flights and then later after a full wasted day at the airport he put us on a flight the next morning on United Airlines. When we arrived back at the airport the next morning ,Our flight on United was delayed for mechanical issues( which was the problem the day before on our American Airlines flight). I actually ran into the manager who helped us the night before and told him our problem again and he replied" you are not our problem now you are united airlines problem. what we haven't even stepped on a flight with united.He just walked away offering no help. My husband and I have flown for my7ears and never had such bad customer service . I finally found us a flight with Alaska Airlines later that day with no help from American Airlines. .Our flight originally was flight 2877 from OKC to DFW and then 2781 DFW to Seattle Washington on July 7,2019. Because of this my husband and I lost a days worth of work and spent money on expensive airport food we shouldn't have. Please tell me there is a way top compensate my husbands and I for this horrible customer service form all involved. Thank you, Krista and Eric Envick

On July the 3rd we were at the Louisville,Ky airport going to Orlando after arriving we were told that are flight was cancel,and told by a lady checking in folks,that there wasn't any more flights available until Thursday morning was very very unhappy about this problem,plus I already rental reservation,also resort reservation,so I went to another guy checking folks in he founded us a flight leaving 3ish the plane had a delay going Phil.this was the worse flight traveling we ever experience wouldn't recommend this airlines to anyone the customer service was terrible,didnt arrive in Philly until l after midnight,we had to set on this darn plane for about hour we were so pissed about this issue no gate open,American Airlines never again it will be known,checked in our resort after 3am on Thursday but however suppose to arrived in Orlando around 6pm on Wednesday this is a bunch of b/s my whole Wednesday was just gone this was the worse vacation we have ever been on,i will never ever recommend this air line to anyone I know.I wounldnt rate this airlines for nothing,i payed out all this money hoping for a good flight also good vacation this didn't even happen never again so disappointment.

I was very unhappy with my return flight with American Airlines that I took from Hawaii.0n July 6th I arrived in Philly. weather was a tornado warning we sat three hours in the plane. When we got into the terminal we spent 21 hours at the airport first flight to Albany was cancelled. the next flight was cancelled. People were leaving for hotels and rental cars. We waited until 10;00 to see if last flight was going to be canceled. There was no updated on monitors service desk people did not announce that the Albany flight was boarding. when we finally got to the desk after two hours in line to talk to someone that flight did not take off and the people that boarded had to come off the flight. But again no announcement was made so people going to Albany did not know they could have boarded even though it did not take off. When we finally arrived in Albany the 45 minute flight that ended up taking us 36 hours to get back there from Hawaii when we arrived in Albany had to drive two hours home after not having any sleep due to the fact we called over 30 places from the airport all rooms were taken by 9:00 that night. When I arrived home opened my 5 checked bags and everything was soaking wet. books, photos that I printed out and things I bought back for gift were ruined and had to be thrown out. My luggage was sitting out in the rain in Philly for who knows how long. Everything had to be washed and dried. Our shoes had water in them I dumped it out. Unbelievable .It was raining very hard for hours why did they unload luggage from the plane knowing flights were not landing or going out. Just left everything out in the pouring rain .Will never fly American again. Thank you for your time.

I was traveling from the Cayman Islands to Miami on Flight 1088 on Tuesday, July 9, 2019. Because I was selected for a random search all my baggage, including the luggage that was checked in earlier was searched. This created a problem leaving me as the last passenger to board. On boarding the plane, I wanted to use the bathroom urgently due to medical reasons, and this angered the air hostess. I insisted that I must use the bathroom and nothing else was said from my end. In a loud voice, she said to the worker who brought my bag up to the plane ----all her bags must go to the top. What bothered me most was when she said---if she doesn't hurry I would put her out. I pondered to myself what I had done wrong to deserve this treatment. To top the bad customer service off, when the flight landed, she said to those passing ahead of me - have a great day. When I reached the door, she held her head down. This is my worst encounter with this airline. Never met such a rude air hostess.

MY HUSBAND AND I WERE ON OUR WAY BACK HOME FROM A TRIP , WE WERE IN HOUSTON TX. WE WERE TRYING TO GET OUR FLIGHT HOME, SOME NICE YOUNG LADY WAS HELPING US,HER NAME WAS KRYSTAL BEREZ OR PERES,SHE DID A VERY GOOD JOB.BUT THE LADY WORKING WITH HER WAS A SPIRIT FROM HELL, SHE TOLD HER NOT TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE US,THERE MY NEICE AND HER HUSBAND,MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND AND SHE MADE SURE, WE HEARD HER SHE REFERRED TO US LIKE WE WERE MEXICANS,HER NAME T.HARRIS,SHE TOLD THAT YOUG GIRL TO QUIT HELPING US. I NEED TO GET HOME I HAD RAN OUT OF INSULIN, AND MY HUSBAND NEEDED HIS OXYGEN,SHE SAID IF YOU NEED YOUR MEDICINE THAT BAD GO TO THE HOSPITAL. THAT WAS MY FIRST TIME ON A AIRPLANE,I HOPE I NEVER MEET UP WITH HER AGAIN.WE STAYED IN THE AIRPORT 2 DAYS THEY NEVER OFFERED US ANY FOOD OR ROOM TO STAY.MY HUSBAND IS A VET. AND SHOULD OF NOY BEEN TREATED THAT WAY.iAM TAKING HIM TO DR. ON TUESDAY.REPORT IT TO THE VET. ADMINISTRATION. THAT LADY NEEDS A GOOD TALKING TO.THANK YOU
FOR HEARING ME OUT WE PAY OUR WAY JUST LIKE ANY OTHER HONEST AMERICAN,THEY SEPERATED US ON THE PLANE ALSO, THANK GOD HE DIDNOT GET SICK, BECAUSE I NEED TO BE THERE BY HIM.MYPHONE NUMBER IS 7197786203 MY NAME IS MARCELLA,THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.

On June 25, 2019 I flew on American Airlines starting from Martha's Vineyard (flight 4350) with layover stops in New York LGA (flight 1782 and Charlotte (flight 5315) with my final destination in Daytona Beach International Airport at 7:15pm. I started in Martha's Vineyard with only one small carryon luggage. While boarding in New York LGA I was told I needed to check my bag because it was a full flight and there was little or no room ln the overhead compartments. I was assured that my bag would be at my final destination when I arrived. However, it was not. I spoke with what I thought was a baggage handler for American Airlines who told me that perhaps my bag would be on a later flight at 11:59pm. Two problems for me existed, at the time. One being I could not wait several hours for the later flight, and two I live about 50 miles from Daytona Beach. At this time I was assured that my bag would be delivered to me, at my home in Palm Coast, the next morning. The next day after my bag had not been delivered, I called the online listed phone number for American Airlines (1-800-433-7300) and spoke with your representative by the name of Anne who informed me that my bag was indeed at the airport in Daytona Beach, and that I could go there and claim it. Or that I needed to fill out a delayed baggage report, at Daytona Beach Airport, before my bag could be delivered to Palm Coast. I informed her there was a distance issue for me, and she continued to state my need to fill out a baggage report at Daytona Beach, an additional three times. At this point I requested to speak with someone who had the authority to resolved this matter without imposing a hardship on me, and that I didn't create this delayed bag problem and that I needed my bag ASAP, which contained some very important documents. Finally she said she would forward this issue to American Airlines in Daytona Beach and they would call me, and that there was no certainty of my bag being delivered to me in Palm Coast. Sadly I was made to feel I made a mistake by not filling out a baggage report (which I wasn't informed of) at Daytona Beach. The baggage handler, who assisted me last night 6/25/19, did so at the ticket counter for American Airlines, as there were no ticket agents anywhere around your counter. Anne informed me that it was a mistake to get information from the baggage handler (an American Airlines employee and able to operate the computer attempting to locate my bag) and not a otherwise representative. Perhaps he wasn't the right person to speak with but he was the only one available and I did indeed appreciate his assistance. I feel that my experience with Anne was unacceptable. At this time 1:20pm on Wednesday June 26, 2019, I have not received a phone call concerning my luggage. 386-566-2809 18 Lincoln Lane, Palm Coast, Florida 32137

I purchased tickets for myself and my boyfriend to Miami Florida on 5-4-19. I purchased his flight which was record locator WNZQWH his flight was supposed to leave from Amarillo Tx at 8:25 am and he was supposed to get to Dallas Tx at 9:40 and his connector flight was scheduled to leave Dallas at 11:00 am and he was supposed to get to Miami FL at 2:59. His first flight was cancelled because something was wrong with the plane, the next flight was full and he was able to catch the 3rd flight out. These delays caused him to miss his connector flight at 3:00pm he stated he would be in Miami around 6:30ish, he then texted me again at 4:28 and said they had been sitting on the runway for an hour and a half after that everyone was told they had to get off that flight, first something was wrong with the flight then they said it was time for the pilot to get off. He then said he would be in Miami at 9:30 or 10. After all of that he never made it to Miami until 1 o'clock in the morning. This ruined the day because I had been there since 2pm weighting for him. We had plans that day, I rented a car that was $66 and a room Downtown at the Hilton that was $200 because we had plans, which were ruined. I understand things happen but to be at the airport that day since 6 and and never make it to Miami until 1am was absolutely ridiculous and it wasn't the weather that held the flights up, it was a mechanical issue with both. After all those hours in the airport both of our moods were ruined. His flight on the way home was good it was locator RVXPUA. His name is Demetrius Elliott and my name is Tamika Shinaul my e-mail is tshinaul4@yahoo.com my phone number is 419-351-8292. It was a lot of time and money wasted that day and again I understand there may be delays usually do to the weather but this was not the case and for someone to be in the airport from 6 am and not make it to your destination until 1am is unacceptable. I rented a car that we were unable to use because I spent the entire day in a hotel because he kept getting delay after delay, I also wouldn't have gotten a hotel room downtown, I could've and would've gotten a cheaper room and just stayed by the airport. Please follow up with me in regards to this situation

Instead of declaring the A/C, for flight AA1492 supposedly en route to CMH, hard broke and getting another one, they went with 'hopefully" and goods thoughts. Pushed original departure 2 hours so had to get new connection (AA1564) since AA2372 would departure 11 minutes before the first delay of the flight byv1 hour would arrive. AA1492 finally departed CMH @ 5:00pm and arrived at DFW @ 6:12pm but the fucksticks on flight AA2334 occupying gate A15 took another 40 minutes to get their act together. Connection flight (AA1564) was only 4 gates down but gate attendant dickwad didn't hold for 4 of us stuck on the ramp and closed it 2 minutes before we got there at 6:52pm. He booked us on another flight (AA1406) which was supposed to leave @ 9:00pm but just got update that it's delayed by their weather & ours overhead - now won't be arriving until 10:30pm. BTW, got an email update at 6:57pm indicating Flt 1564 departure was delayed out of A19 until 7:11pm and that we should be at the gate before it closes 10 minutes prior to that delayed departure...

At the rate AA's going, I'll be lucky to reach SAT by midnight...and still have a 3 hr drive to follow.

If they had pulled their heads out of their asses when they should have THIS MORNING, I would have been in Del Rio by 2030-2100.

American Airlines

Customer: Preshia Paulding
Roundtrip ticket May 18, 2019 at 6:04am to DFW/to SNA; and
Return ticket May 22, 2019 from SNA to DFW/to DSM

Dear American Airlines;

I am requesting a full refund of the $532 ticket price and a voucher good for a roundtrip ticket within the United States. From 2:30am May 18, 2019 on I experienced one of the worse experiences with an airline. I will try to outline the events:

Des Moines Departure: Received a call from American Airlines at 2:30am Saturday, May 18, 2019 stating that my flight that morning was canceled, supposedly due to rain. I was reassigned to a different flight scheduled to leave Des Moines, Iowa, at 12:57pm, and I received an email message with that information. Flight continued to be delayed several times. Then my connecting flight was also changed. This is how it all started.

My flight finally took off from Des Moines around 4pm CST. Then there was the late arrival to Dallas/Fort Worth. I experienced hours of waiting for another flight. After several changes, two cancelations, and delays (supposedly due to rain and then lack of a captain and attendants at some point), the flight was canceled around 11pm. An email was sent to me stating my new flight reservation was now rescheduled for Monday evening to SNA, which was a full 48 hours away. At that point I felt completely stranded. And if I did spend 48 hours in an airport, I would ultimately only get to have 24 hours with my family before my return flight home. I had no money, and my son was expecting to pick me up at some point, which delayed his plans with his family. Because of this two-day delay, I spoke with an American Airline employee who looked up a flight back to Des Moines for me, but then within a few minutes located a ticket to Palm Springs, 90 minutes from SNA. My son agreed to drive the distance to get me, so I requested that reservation which was scheduled for departure at 9AM Sunday, May 19, and a ticket was printed (and I have a photo copy of it). The next morning I was denied boarding my flight to Palm Springs, even with a ticket, and I was told to wait in a customer service line for an explanation -- customer service being quite a distance from the gate and with a huge line of people. I eventually spoke to an American Airline customer service rep over the phone who informed me that the flight to Des Moines for the same day did NOT get canceled, so when I did not show up for that flight (which I was never going to be on), the system canceled/erased my early morning Palm Springs reservation. This was NOT a weather related incident. The employee failed to cancel the early return to Des Moines and I was denied boarding to Palm Springs Sunday morning, May 19, 2019, even though I had a printed ticket. I spent a full 24 hours alone at a airport, and at 59 years old, was being forced to sleep on a bench like a homeless person, almost 8000 steps registered on my phone app, disrupting the progress made in my physical therapy and causing me to barely be able to sit or stand for what turned out to be two days with my family, most of which I was unable to enjoy. I spoke to a representative at the board gate and was told by her "I don't know why you're not in the system for this flight -- I'm not arguing with you." It took waiting in line at American Airline customer service line and calling American Airlines customer service supervisor to discover that the employee who issued my ticket to Palm Springs failed to cancel the early trip back to Des Moines.

Please know I understand weather related flight delays. However, as someone who helped the military for 7 years, I know that there is always a contingency plan in place when things don't go as planned. What is/was American Airlines' contingency plan for weather related or other occurrences? Hundreds of people who trusted American Airlines to get them from point A to point B can't get back the lost time and are sorely disappointed and angry, me included. You may argue that the inability to first find a captain and continually being promised that we will be "on our way" shortly and then not having flight attendants due to a "timing out" was still weather related, but where was your contingency plan? Shouldn't there always be someone to cover? An airline is a business that flies in the weather; delays are no surprise. So there should have been a contingency plan in place to provide a flight with the needed personnel. I heard a young lady lament she missed her own mother's funeral and another couple missed their connection to their cruise. I was not only sad for myself, but sad for them. By then flights were going out, but our flight could not because of union regulations and timing out, a phrasing I had not heard before. Still that does not excuse the employee who neglected to cancel a hold on a trip back to Des Moines thus causing my flight to Palm Springs to be canceled. By the time I got to SNA, I was physically and emotionally exhausted, had already missed out on my family's trip to San Diego, and could barely walk. The financial sacrifice my son made to pay full price for a ticket so I could join his family on his previously paid vacation was basically for nothing.

Because of the overall treatment, discomfort, employee error, loss of vacation, I am requesting a full refund and voucher for a future flight which I trust to be improved. I have always trusted American Airlines, and I hope to again.

Preshia Paulding
preshia@msn.com
515-770-7664
Initial flight from Des Moines, Iowa, May 18, 2019
Schedule return flight to Des Moines, Iowa May 22, 2019

May 15 - MCO to DCA and Portland, Maine to DCA - On way to destination friend got a call from Michael - AA demanding that she return to airport because she had the wrong luggage. Traffic was such we could not turn around - she received no less than three more threatening calls from Michael that she must return by 6PM or a federal warrant would be issued. Friend is visibly upset, so I got on the line to tell Michael that we had not way back but could find a ride the following day. I was put on hold, a female marine tells me a warrant is coming if we did not get back to a/port by 7PM. She then hung up. Trying to get back to Michael, the number was no longer in use (code??). I asked that a AA shuttle come to where we were (FT Belvoir) - NO this is friends fault. Not sure how this was determined, as person took here luggage from the overhead. I would say this was a MISTAKE. I also suggested that we share the fare of UBER - AA was not going to pay for anything - so we made the trip back to AA. It seems that the luggage we had belonged to a AA employee - HE/SHE should of know better, right???? After talking to a retired FBI we were advised to log a complaint with Fairfax Police for harassment - to my knowledge airports do not have Marines in place, .and of course all airlines have a shuttle service. Passenger from the Maine - DCA name is: Cynthia DiBiase.

I have also mailed this complaint.

Concetta Montanese

I have also mailed this complaint.

Concetta Montanese

My flight AA1886 left Charlotte late which caused a delay in my arrival to Philadelphia. I landed at 3:30 and my connecting flight AA 4872 to Erie was scheduled to leave at 3:44. I asked flight attendant on plane for helping catching that flight and was told nothing they could do. I arrived at the gate at 3:40, plane still at terminal but attendant would not let me board. The flight actually did not take off until ~30 min later. I was trying to get to my 83 yr old father who had a major cardiac event and his prognosis poor. Attendant (M. Dunsmore) told me too bad they already rescheduled me for a flight that left 6 hrs later!! I had to pay extra for my seats but when reschedule was told they could not honor what I paid previously and would assign me whatever seat they had. I am requesting a refund for my ticket. I have never had attendants care less and be less helpful than on this trip. The flight I needed didn’t depart until 4:15 and there was plenty of time to allow me aboard.

Cancelled AA Flight 1178 April 20, 2019 and Exceptionally Poor American Airline Resolution

American Airline Representative,
I am contacting you hoping for better resolution to the subject problem before I go to social media. After making reservations on October 8, 2018 at the All-Inclusive Saint James Club Antigua for April 20-27, 2019, I made airline reservation with American Airlines (AA) on October 15, 2018 at a cost of $1,310.06. The reservation were as follows:
April 20, 2019
• AA Flight 1178 DCA (6:15 AM) to MIA (9:02 AM)
• AA Flight 2405 MIA (10:45 AM) to ANU (1:53 PM)
April 27
• AA Flight 2405 ANU (2:53 PM) to MIA (6:40 PM)
• AA Flight 2648 MIA (8:37 PM) to DCA (11:12 PM)
On March 26, 2019 when I checked there was a slight change in Flight 1178 boarding by 15 minutes.
TEXT MESSAGE: On April 19, 2019 via a test message at 5:51 PM I was informed my flight to Miami has been cancelled, and “Passengers will be rebooked and notified soon.” I waited over an hour and half with no communication from AA so I called. I receive a can answer that due to the high volume of caller, I was instructed to leave my name and number I would be in the que and called back in 1 hour and 17 minutes. At 8:05 PM while waiting I received another text from AA saying choose your new flight with a link to select. I selected the link and it did nothing
AA CALL BACK: I can’t remember exact time it was over an hour and 17 minutes when I first call but I did get a call back. The female AA representative was very polite and apologized ahead of time for the cancellation but said it was for weather. (Note: Planes took off from DCA in the morning with no weather delays. The weather cancellation was due the plane never leaving MIA to come to DCA.) The AA representative started looking and after a good five minutes of searching she could not even get me to Antigua on Wednesday. Her solution was for me and my wife to hop in a car at close to 9 PM at night and drive to MIA to catch the AA flight 2405 at 10:45 AM. Even if I wanted to do that, it is over a 15-hour drive from my Woodbridge VA home to the Miami Airport so that was not an executable option. She told me it was best if I tried to book on my own with another Airline and that was all she could do but to call back to cancel my reservations to get a refund.
MAKING NEW AIRLINE RESERVATION: I was freaking out because at his point I believe my vacation booked way in advanced was going to be cancelled and I’d lose the money I had already paid to and all-inclusive resort. After a lot of searching I did find a JetBlue Airline flight to San Juan and then a Liat Flight from San Juan to Antigua getting us there a 4:00 PM on April 20, 2019. My search was for round trip and only 2 were left so when I went to pick the return flight, I picked the same AA returns flights we already had and booked it because I was afraid if I went back and did a one way trip from DCA to ANU it would be gone. Flight cost me $3,052.26
CALL BACK TO AA TO CANCEL RESEVATION TPHXOD: Again, I had to leave my name and number and waited to be call back. After 37 minute I got a call back from an AA representative and cancelled our original reservation and she said I would get a full refund ($1,310.06) in 7 to 10 business days. I inquired about any other compensation and she no nothing, end of conversation.
BOTTOM LINE: Because of the cancelled flight it cost me $1,742.20 more to fly to ANU. I understand no one can control the weather but AA had no other viable solution and offered no compensation what so ever. My friends and co-workers could not believe AA’s response to the situation. Your Flight Attendant Video on the plane thanks passengers for selection American Airline when they have other choices. After reading many other AA complaint many may decide not select American Airlines.
VR,
Timothy E Bowen
703-878-4257
703-515-2384

On Tue. April 9, my wife and I boarded an American Airtline flight iat the CAnton /Akron Airport bound for CHarlotte,NC. AS we neared our destination , we informed by the pilot that NO planes were being allowed to land because of a severe lightning storm, After circling for a period of time we landed,Immediately baggage handling crews began off-loading ALL passengers" luggage in a downpour. Needless tio say, that when we finally arrived at our daughters' home , we found that all our luggage was soaked, both inside and out.
Such careless handling of our possessions is inexcusable and reflect badly on the thoughtfulness of a major corporation.
No apology or explanation was forthcoming. THis failure speaks volumes about the professiional of you organization.
Something action needs to be taken,
Our daughters recently relocated to the CHarlotte area from Denver, so we will be visiting them often. Depending upon the action of American Airlines , it remains to be seen whether we will avail ourselves of yiour services again!!!

ON Tue April 9, my wife and I departed Canton/Akron Airport bound for CHarlotte,NC. Approaching Charlotte, we were informed that we would be in a holding pattern for no flights were being landed because of the severe lightning storm at the field. When we were finally allowed to land it was pouring rain. Baggage handler immediately ser about off-loading luggage, even though there was no let up in the rain.
When we arrived at our daughters, we found that everything inside and out was soaked.
Not having flown with American before, to say that we were disgusted is putting it mildly!
Such inconsideration should never be the hall mark of a top flight operation.
Our daughters recently relocated from Denver, CO and we will be travelling often to visit, but not with American Airlines. NO explanation was offered for such shoddy handling of all passengers luggage.

i need wheelchair asst.i booked a round trip record spbgwp 3 1 19 to tulsa .I sat at gate 2 hrs before fleight,when they boarded no one came for me. after they called group 7 and it appesared they were done i got attention of pilot who got help, i paid for upgrade to 5a ,when they boarded me , i was put in front by door across from galley. i was so cold i couldn't stop shivering. i asked to go to seat i paid was not acknowledged. attendant saw me coughing and told her i was so cold i couldnt feel my feet or hands. she got me her own coat and covered me. when i arrived i felt worse. 3 days later i was admitted to baily hospital with pneumonia,had to stay over ,could not fly, son had to come from chicago to drive me home. saw dr,contiued treatment,too sick to contact you immeadtly, was admitted to hospital in elmhurst il with pneumonia ,never recooperated from my experience,have congestive heart failure from prolonged illness. why wasnt i boarded until i found sonmeone to help me? why was i left to become so cold i becamne ill?I have proof of all of this.why when i was crying from cold wasI not put in seat I paid for?I thought your policy was to help handicapped.This experience was inexscusable,and shocking that ot was allowed to occur. I took out insurance but was told when i called to explain i had to cancel because of illness ins doeasnt apply when using miles. I wuld have to pay fee to rebook, which i was to ill to do. I will ursue this incident to media if neccessary ,would like a love contact with explaination of how something like this could occur,my comtact phone is 708 562 8917, I was just released from hospital after 9 days,have many dr appts because of the manner i was treated by american airlines. please leave name and number if i do not answer,i will return call asap. I will be receiving treatment for an unseen amount of time, Rose Hinde 828 alcoa ave melrose pk il 60164 708 562 8917,home phone, lh1215@sbcglobal.net, this is to serious to ignore,I would like this handled in the serious manner for what it is,thank you for a prompt reply and quick resolution to an incident of pure negligence on the bpart of american airlines.

I have been on the phone on and off all day waiting to book a reservation, i have had to wait hours for calls back! I just got a call and the girl hung up on me.I am not a happy camper at this point, i need to book a reservation asap before the prices go up. Your customer service is not very friendly.I would like a manager to call me back asap.I rate this customer service at the moment a big fat 0

American,
Have to vent on this one...Yesterday My wife Joanne and I had return plans on American at 11:45 at Tampa International Airport we were on vacation at Siesta Key Beach. We got up at 5am with our relatives and headed out to the airport to head home. First of all I was sick for the last 3 days with a stomach virus and was looking forward to going home. I had a Doctor's appointment later in the afternoon back in our town of Clifton Heights PA. in the morning and felt ok and was just forward to going home but American had other ideas. First as we leave for the Airport my wife gets notification you canceled the flight. So you don't replace that flight. Your next flight was now 2:26 pm..and we now on stand by as we should have been added to the next flight...we didn't cancel the flight you did ...Well you quessed it...we weren't able to get on the stand by flight ...The only chance to make the Doctor's Appointment was gone. So now we are on the 5;02 Plane back to Philadelphia ...by that time the stomach virus kicked in full tilt...I could have been home and looked out and was feeling like hell...That 5:02 plane now becomes a 6:30 take off ...and I was in full pain ..no doctor just suffering ...we landed in Philadelphia at 8:50 pm ..and by the time we got home it was 10pm ...we spent the whole day in Tampa Bay as I felt worse..Oh remember the standby flight at 2:36..well one of our bags went home ..we didn't...then we met your customer service reps for the finding of that bag...while I was in pain..I don't need that.hell...everyone wants respect but the customer is always told to quiet up while they explain their side of where the bag is..and how a report has to be filed and then they will find the bag..or go to Section A while we were in Section F and told it was a short walk outside in the rain to Section A Yes we did get the bag in section A ..One rep was nice while the other Rep said my wife couldn't look through the bags..so you can see the kinda day your airline provided. ...but I feel after the first flight was cancelled your company could have done more...everyone ask for our business every day but no one cares after they get it..and if we didn't fly your airline you don't have a a job..I normally don't complain but this was a back breaker … You can look up our records yesterday ...Ray and Joanne Thomas 43 Walnut Street, Clifton Hgts, Pa. 19018...610-329-8368 ...Thank you...

AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT # 5388, 3/24/19 - WHITE PLAINS TO CHARLOTTE

THE PLANE WAS TO DEPART AT 7:00 PM. WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO BOARD UNTIL 7:20 EVEN THO THE PLANE WAS AT THE GATE AND READY TO GO.

MY SEAT WAS 2A. THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS COMPLAINT WAS THE VERY LARGE FEMALE IN THE SEAT NEXT TO ME. SHE WAS UNABLE TO PUT HER SEATBELT AROUND HER - HER SIZE CAUSED HER BODY PARTS TO 'OVERFLOW' INTO MY SPACE. MY CONCERN IS THAT THIS WOMAN SHOULD HAVE HAD A SEAT FOR TWO - FOR HER SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF THE OTHERS ON THE PLANE. WHEN THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WAS CHECKING UPRIGHT SEATS AND SEAT BELTS- I ASSUMED HE WOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE HERS ATTACHED.

IT WAS THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE FLIGHT I HAVE EVER BEEN ON - HAVING HER BODY PARTS INCLUDING LEGS, ARMS AND SHOULDERS IN MY SEATING AREA. TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA- I WEIGH 270 LBS AND THE FEMALE IN THE NEXT SEAT WAS WELL OVER 100 LBS MORE. I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE TRYING TO ADJUST AND MOVE MYSELF IN MY SEAT. I WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING TO THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT THAT HE SHOULD HAVE NOTICED, BUT I WOULD HAVE HAD TO REGISTER MY COMPLAINT WITHIN EARSHOT OF THE LADY IN THE NEXT SEAT.

WE HAD BEEN TOLD BY THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT THAT OUR CONNECTING FLTS WERE WAITING - I WAS HEADED TO MELBOURNE, FL (FLT AA 5387 - DEPARTURE 9:27). UPON ARRIVING IN CHARLOTTE, NC, I DISCOVERED THAT MY FLIGHT HAD ALREADY LEFT. THE AA STAFF AT THE DESKS TRIED TO FIND OTHER FLTS TO GET TO OUR DESTINATION, BUT NONE WERE AVAILABLE THAT NITE.

AFTER TWO HOURS, WE WERE GIVEN A $12.OO FOOD VOUCHER AND WERE UP IN A RAMDA INN RADISON NEAR THE AIRPORT. THE NEXT MORNING, I WENT TO THE AIRPORT AT 8:30 FOR AN 11:30 FLT TO MELBOURNE FL. THIS PLANE WAS ON TIME, WE BOARDED AT11:30. AFTER ALL PASSENGERS WERE ON THE PLANE - WE WERE NOTIFIED THAT THE PLANE HAD A MECHANICAL ISSUE - TOO MUCH HYDRAULIC FLUID, SOME NEEDED TO BE REMOVED. AFTER THAT, PILOT NOTIFIED US THAT A SWITCH WAS BROKEN AND WE WOULD BE ON THE PLANE UNTIL ANOTHER SWITCH COULD BE BROUGHT AND THE BROKEN ONE REPLACED.
WE WERE ON AN AA SPIRIT. AFTER 1/2 HOUR, WITH NO AIR CONDITIONING, THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS SERVED BEVERAGES TO THE FIRST THREE ROWS IN FIRST CLASS AND TWO AA PILOTS THAT WERE CATCHING A FLT SITTING IN COACH.

FIFTEEN MINITES LATER, I ASKED IF THE REST OF THE PLANE WOULD BE SERVED - I WAS TOLD NO - THAT WAS ONLY FOR FIRST CLASS.

TOTAL TIME SITTING IN THE PLANE WITH NO AIR CONDITIONING AND NO BEVERAGES AT THE GATE AND ON THE TARMAC WAS WELL OVER AN HOUR.

IN CONCLUSION, A FRIEND DRIVING FROM VERO BEACH HAD TO TURN BACK SUNDAY NITE AND RETURN THE NEXT DAY TO PICK ME UP, SHE HAD TO LEAVE WORK DAY TO GET ME FROM MELBOURNE. IN ADDITION TO ME MISSING A DAY OF WORK BECAUSE OF THE MISSED CONNECTING FLIGHT ON 3/24/19, THESE TWO FLIGHTS ARE THE WORSE, UNCOMFORTABLE FLIGHTS I HAVE EVER BEEN ON.

AGAIN, I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT IN TODAY'S WORLD, SITTING NEXT TO A VERY LARGE PERSON - NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THIS. THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS FAILED MISERABLY. IT HAS TAKEN ME HOURS TO FILL THIS OUT - NOT BEING A COMPUTER SAVVY PERSON - WHERE A SIMPLE PHONE CALL WOULD HAVE SAVED ME A GREAT DEAL OF TIME AND AGGRAVATION .
JAMES DICKERSHAID

Besides having 2 delays on initial flight and connecting flights.i am 71 years old and a disabled Vietnam nam vet.
I was confused on what gate I was to be at in Chicago ohare. I respectfully ask a AA employee if I was in the right area. He just go straight down the escalator but he said in front of our customers “it’s wriiten right here on your boarding pass don’t you know how to read”. People looked at me and I was embarrassed and humiliated by his actions.
You should think strongly on giving classes on how to be a respectful and courteous employee.
They should know it’s part of their job to help customers and also protect the credibility and integrity of the company.
John Maratea
609-410-0190

On Sunday March 24 both planes had issues, one from MLB the maintence did not remove something, plane came back to boarding and then was cancelled, being a diabetic an s on insulimpump, maintain is important. Was re scheduled on later flight to charl. Got there that plane was waiting on maintence, door was not working !, Really, what started out at a 1:41p.m. ended .@ 10:45 p.m. On dayton, ohio.
no stars !

I had a plastic jar of whipped hand exfoliate soap,That was very thick you turn it upside down and would not have poured out.Clearly not like a gel or liquid..They took it

Boarding our plain when they stopped it because the pilot had too many hours on ! Delayed on our vacation do to poor management!

I sent a refund complaint 2 weeks ago and a formal complaint 1 week ago and no one has had the courtesy to call me back regarding this. I am extremely upset regarding the experience I had to endure being a handicapped person flying alone.

My name is Barbara-Ann Garaventa (910) 491-8782. The following is a response to the complaint letter 1 week ago.
Your Reference number to this request: 1-28162085175.

I would appreciate someone getting back to me regarding this matter.

My wife was scheduled out of MLI to ORD and then to ORF this morning on the 0608 flight. No crew arrived as they needed crew rest and did not call to tell the AA ticket counter until 6:00am. My wife then missed her connecting flight from ORD to ORF and was rebooked on a flight after noon that resulted in a 5 hr layover in ORD. Now her flight 3297 to ORF is delayed over an hour. This is utterly ridiculous. Instead of being in ORD for her work by early afternoon she now is scheduled to arrive after 10:00pm. You guys need to exercise much more - MUCH MORE - control over your feeder airlines. This is totally unacceptable and the worst part is it is more and more standard. The only airline I trust in the US is Delta. Good equipment, great people and they fly on time - anywhere. Get hot and get back to flying that can be counted on and trusted. I will never book with AA unless I have no other choice. What a compliment to and for you. Two huge thumbs down. I gave you the worst ranking available when I signed in.

I have no complaint regarding service during a flight. However, I attempted to book a flight from Columbia SC to Frankfurt Germany and use my accumulated air miles for an upgrade. I have roughly 187,000 miles which I have accumulated over a number of years. I communicated with a "gentleman" who indicated that he was the person with whom to speak regarding the booking of the flight. However, once I mentioned that I wanted to use air miles for an upgrade to business class (I have every intention of purchasing the ticket) and how many miles I have accumulated, matters became very strange and I have been getting a run-around without accomplishing anything at all. If you could be of assistance, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

On January 15, 2019, I flew American Airlines Flight #660 to Phoenix Az. from Philadelphia International Airport the flight was wonderful I was excited about reaching my Mothers home in Tucson Az. for Her 70th Birthday our connecting flight was to depart at 7:53 pm which would have gotten us there at 8:39 pm but instead the connecting flight was delayed then the flight was changed as well as the gate number this flight didn't
board until 8:30 pm which landed in Tucson around 9:15 pm this caused us to miss our dinner reservations, secondly my luggage was put on a separate flight from the one that I was on this flight was not due in until Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 11:00 am this created a major problem for my fiance` and myself. My asthma medication was in my luggage I am on maintenance medication I need to use my inhaler twice a day
so that I can manage my asthma symptom this was very unnerving also my fiance` and I had to purchase toiletries and sleep ware for the night.
I really enjoy flying American Airlines but with this being the second incident in a years time the inconvenience is very disturbing, please rectify the situation and keep me as a loyal American Airline Advantage Member.

Sincerely
Leander C. Berry Sr.
(267)235-2407
damourberry05@yahoo.com.

Tried to check in 48 hours to try and book seats. Could not. Got through this morning and checked in and were given assigned seats. Was disappointed about the seating arrangements. My husband and I always sit together do not like the fact I am travelling 4 hrs and hes on one end of the plane and I on the other. Other airlines at least designate seats for you (and they are economy) together. You think, which I am sure the other airlines do, that if you are under the recorder location YUAGCF that they know you are travelling together that they would seat you together? Disappointed and also other airlines do have check bag that you can do online. You do not. And was using economy for the other airlines too. If you are going to use that excuse. Seating should be looked at if you are assigning. Should not be a penalty if you do not have the AAdvantage card? tks Faye Zayonc

I was on Flight 5880, flying First Class from Houston, Texas to Ontario, California, via Dallas/Fort Worth. My request for a wheelchair was on my flight reservations. When we got to Dallas/Fort Worth, I was detained on the airplane for about 1/2 hour waiting for a wheelchair. The crew made numerous callas as they had to remain on the aircraft until I was off, as you know.

When the wheelchair finally arrived, he took me into the terminal and that is where we stopped while he was trying to get someone to take me to Gate 26C. Finally they put me on a cart and the guy took me to the down to an elevator away from where we should have been going. Anyway, he stopped at the elevator and said follow me. I said I need a wheelchair. He said oh sit there and left. A woman came who obviously knew what was happening as she said I will see what I can do. I must have sat there for about 15 minutes and finally someone took me to the train and knew where we were to go. I was the last person to board my flight and almost missed it.

I must say this was the first flight I had made first class and the first trip down from Ontario was great, but the return flight was terrible. I was treated better on an economy class flight. I am 83 years old and this was my first, first class flight. I am really disappointed with American Airlines.My number is 951-410-5248, in case you would like to respond.

I am medical doctor and an American Air lines frequent flyer on international routes particularly to India. i buy frequent flyer miles often.More recently I am having difficulty booking international Bussiness class or first class. When I want to book First class, the only choice I have is British Airways who charges >$560 above the 115,000 miles given each way for first class, this also I rarely get direct flights from DFW, they route it through different airports that too only one segment in First class ans the segment from london to Hyderabad only Bussiness class ,but takes full first class miles.

WhenI book on Qatar First class I never got first class availability, only bussiness class, rarely do I get a direct flight to doha from DFW. It is usually routed through other airports.
You encourage flyers in buying frequent flyer miles, but provide no availability of direct flights on international routes and poor availability of first class for the full journey. Are you going to provide some answers to this problem? Without answers to the problem I am afraid that you will loose some of the loyal frequent flyers like myself. Thank you for listening and hope you will rectify the problem soon.
S. Prasad,

Flight from CLT io SB In Dec 28 2018. AA 2923/28. My wife and me were completely overlooked by 2 attendees for drink and snack for 2 seats on row 10 when they were served. I raised my hand and yelled but to no avail. Everyone else was served beverage and snack. Very poor service by the woman and man. Especially by the woman who from the back with a cart. We were completely ignored. BAD!!! Also Aviator customer. Should get a Gift Card. Reply please. Craig and Mary Gober

First of all we have always had great experience with AA, always use them and have had the best prices. We took a trip to North Carolina to stay with the grand kids for Christmas vacation. We left Chicago on December 21 Flight 1668 PNR Code XEKFEZ. When we arrived at Charlotte airport one of our pieces of luggage didn't arrive. Went to customer service to file a missing luggage and she said it was delayed and will be on the next flight. So we waited and it wasn't. To make a long story short it arrived at our hotel about 4am.
Now returning from Charlotte to Chicago on December 27 flight 1821 XEKFEZ, my wife is 73 and needs a wheelchair and we had to wait for over an hour for a wheelchair to arrive. Good thing we got there early. So, we got on the plane and sat there for over an hour to be told they didn't have a front end crew to fly the plane and we had to deplane and wait in the terminal. Our flight was at 1:05 and after several delays the lady at the counter said the pilot should be there at 5:30. At 5:30 we were notified the flight was cancelled and we had to book another flight at customer service counter. The line at the customer service counter was a block long, literally. So we waited in line for about 30 minutes and I received an Email that they had booked us on a flight leaving at 5:45 at gate B16 and we were at B08, just to remind you my wife needs a wheel chair, but we had to walk because there were no wheel chairs around. The new flight number out of B16 was 2488 that was suppose to leave at 5:45, well it finally left at 7:45. I mentioned to the flight attendant that we had changed planes and that my wife would need a wheel chair at Ohara. We got there and no wheel chair. We had to wait about 30 minutes while the counter person had to request a wheelchair. So we finally got to Chicago at 9:00. What a long day.

While traveling with my daughter Tamieya Coffey on 12-20-2018 from Moline, Illinois to Dallas where she caught a connected flight to Tucson, Arizona while I caught my connected flight to Sacramento, Ca we both received each others baggage instead of our own. While American Air Lines did get her bag to her the next day they never were able to get my bag to me. By the second day I had to drive 100 miles each way to receive my baggage. I had to pay $30.00 per bag for this service for a total of $60 plus gas, parking and time off from work!

My flight back to KCI was a total disaster ON Dec 6 my flight at GRK Killeen Airport at 6:32pm was cancelled due to maintenance so that meant I would not connect to my 8:50 flight to MCI kansas city ks...this put a hardship on me...I had to catch an 8:00 clock flight to Dallas Tx then spend the night in the Airport in order to catch a 7:20am flight to MCI....This hardship I suffered was an extra day cost on my economy parking and a missed doctor appoint at 8:30am at the VA hospital and no rest all night....I would like to be compensated with a voucher for a round trip in order for me to ever use this airline again and this was my first experience with this airline

I went from KCI to Killeen TX... on Dec. 5 flight 1098 to DFW the flight was good but the gate said B22 when it was actually B46 I was the last one to get to plane, nearly missed it but ok upon getting off bags was lost but found....it was the return that was a disaster...flight from killeen to flight 3545 at 6:32 never left the ground due to maintenance problems....well that through my whole schedule off for friday the 7th....first I had to sleep in airport in order to catch a flight out that morning to get to my final destination and had to pay for a extra day in economy parking....I would like some type of compensation for my inconvenience, stress no rest from your maintenance problems with your aircraft please..thank you!!!

Upon arriving Paris on flight a44 on October14 our plane could not arrive at a gate ,instead the plane landed in the middle of CDG airport,and because i needed a wheelchair i and several other passengers with disabilities i had to wait over 1 hour before anyone came to pick me up. Therefore i missed a car service that could not wait that long and my wife and i had to pay for another service.after missing the original driver. Your pilot on this flight suggested that i contact you for this awful service!The pilot himself was also frustrated by the lack of anyone caring about us instead we had to wait on the windy field. I feel that American Airlines owes us the additional cost 95.00 . In addition ,no one in your firm cared about us. I am an an advantage Gold member U6n2040. I hope that in the future if we fly International and use your firm things will be better. Frank Pilmar

On my connecting flight from Cancun to Buffalo, we had to connect at the Charlotte, NC airport.

I would like you to be aware of a horrific incident that happened at Gate 15 C, waiting for our flight No.AA 703 to Buffalo, NY.

My friend and I went to Cancun to celebrate my 70th birthday.

All airport personnel were terrific. We were both in wheelchairs that had to be pushed because of the bar behind us. Since it was after 6:30 p.m. and our flight to Buffalo didn't leave till 9:35 p.m., we decided to have the airport personnel push us to Gate 15C. It was crowded with people leaving going to I think Springfield, etc.

Upon arrival at gate 15C, the wheelchair agents asked the Gate Agent where to put us. He instructed them to put us at the farthest end of the first row. After the congestion settled, my travel companion went up to ask that if the plane to Buffalo was not full could they change our seats closer to the front because we were originally back in row 25.

As the time was getting near boarding time, I tried to get the Gate Agent or his assistant's attention to no avail. I therefore got out of my wheelchair, took my cane and hobbled up to the Gate Agent's desk. I asked him if wheelchair travelers would go on first, as on all the other flights we took. He assured me that would happen.

Nancy Van Wie, my traveling companion, and I were watching all the rows board and we still sat there. Finally, I was able to get the assistant's attention. She came over and claimed that they didn't see us. I asked if we were invisible. She finally called to airport workers to wheel us to the gate desk. Upon arriving there, I calmly said to the Gate Agent, "did you forget about us?" He became very nasty and said, "don't you give me no attitude". I again calmly said "well it seems that you treat the handicapped and disabled differently than the young pretty girls". I then asked him for his name. He became enraged, turned is ID tag around and said "I'm not giving you my name". He became more enraged, yelled that he was only human, tore up my boarding pass and stormed off mummbling something under this breath.

The two wheelchair aids were horrified and apologized for his nasty, rude behavior and said no one should be spoken to like that. Nancy and myself felt so humiliated and embarrassed as there were many new people waiting for the next plane at that gate. I do not know his name, but I believe he may have been Pureto Rican with a bald shaved head for identification purposes..

The rest of our flight was great.

All I can say is that this incident is a bad way to remember my 70th birthday.

Hoping to hear from you soon and to avoid someone else having to suffer and endure the same humiliation as we did..

I purchase a one way ticket for me and my husband from vieux-fort st.lucia to las vegas nv for December 31 st leaving st.lucia at 7:57 am arriving las vegas at 12:26am then I call and spoke with a live person asking to change my time of departing from 7:57 am to 4:41pm instead the lady who help me made a big mistake by changing my flt to December 13 did not notice that until later the next day due to the error I develop panic attack right there and then ,cause me to get to work due to me being on the phone trying to resolve aa staff errors .Getting to work I could not focus because my mind was on what also happen so that spoil my day with a headache,so because of what aa put me through even if it was corrected i woul like part of a refund back

I arrived at San Diego airport at 5:15 AM for a 6:20 flight to Phila. I went to the First class/priority check-in and was 3rd in line . The agents were very slow and at approx. 5:35 I was called to the counter. The agent excused herself to talk to another person, who I later understood was supervisor. When she returned and began my check-in, she informed that I had missed the time deadline to get my luggage on the flight, and my seat had been given away. I was able to secure a seat on a plane to Chicago that left after 8AM. and had a 2 hour and 20 minute layover in Chicago. They first offered me a coach seat in the back of the plane that I refused. As a result of the delays in stead of arriving around 2:30 PM I arrived after 8PM, I arrived too later to vote and had to Pay a $30.00 late fee to pick up my dog from the kennel. I finally arrived home at about 9:30 bot the expected 2:30. My feeling is that the customer service at the check in was excessively slow and resulted in my missed flight, if the agent had not spent time talking to the supervisor I would have mad the cut-off time. Overall it was frustrating unwarranted experience, I would expect better service for a full fare customer.

My husband and I had never flown American Airlines. We were looking forward to our recent trip anticipating a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, our flight out of Chicago was delayed long enough for us to miss our American connection by minutes in Miami. There was no effort by your personnel to communicate the circumstances at which to possibly accommodate with connecting flights.
Departure from Key West on our return trip was very efficient giving us a renewed attitude about your abilities, until our connecting flight in Charlotte. First we were assigned to a faraway gate that should have been closed to the public! Cardboard covered floors, open ceiling panels; removed seating leaving much standing room with stale air greeted us. We were thankful for the change of gates to our flight even though it was another long trek. However, we were delayed 2 additional times! Our flight was to land In Chicago at 11:56 landed at 5:17. Apologies did not suffice for this inconvenience.Our time is valuable to us. We are asking for you to refund our airfare from Clt to Ord, our baggage fees and our upgrade seat fee. Vouchers are out of the question. Credit back to my credit card.
Kathleen and Kevin Mescall
Travel date 11/05/2018
CLT to ORD <OJFTLA>
Ticket #0017211102236 Kathleen M Mescall
Ticket #0017211102237 Kevin P Mescall

Friday Nov2 AA5938 scheduled 5;20 departure was delayed due to lack of crew then boarded 2hrs later then set on tarmac for 2hrs while mechanical issue was being resolved then deplaned then finally cancelled. was sent to various gates total confusion from agents Had a hard time retrieving my valet checked bag from plane. Then learned that that plane was giving to another group for people from an earlier flight. No hotel or food comp. It was an unbelievably stressful experience. I would appreciate a call please from someone to resolve before my next AA flights I have 3 more scheduled for November. Give me a reason to be loyal to AA when I book future flights for my company.

This is the second attempt to put in a complaint about American air services. I am handicapped and was very upset with the treatment at LGA . My ticket # 0012306909033, flight 3943, from LGA to ILM on 10-2-2018. My name is Patricia A. OConnor. address POBox 4152, (1509 South Shore Dr.) Surf City N.C. and phone 910-328-2312 or 910-789-9053. I always arrive and check in early because of my handicap. I use a scooter and walker and cannot go through security by walking. I have to be pat down etc. This was taken care of and I proceeded to assigned gate. After being there for about 15 minutes We were notified of gate changed and being moved to Gate D by going downstairs to a bus for transport to new gate. I am unable to go downstairs and assistance to new gate was supposed to be moving me.. I waited over 45 minutes for this help and had to remind girl at desk of my flight time. Finally an airport person showed up and led me to the new gate area. where I was notified that I had to go through the whole security inconvenience all over again. did not understand this since I was escorted by airport personnel. I was extremely upset and anxious and then rushed to make flight. I fly American often and have to go to LGA in Nov. and I hesitate to get a flight. IT WAS VERY TRAMATECT FOR ME . I would think that I deserve compensation from AA. The stewardess was very lovely and helpful, on both my flights. My arrival from ILM on 9-26-18 was also upsetting because of ground crew man who was incompetent in getting my walker and scooter when I got off plane. A young lady crew person corrected him and with help from another passenger I was finally able to leave AA. Your customer service I horrible and definitely needs much help. Hopefully I will hear from you very,very soon. Patricia OConnor

I purchases first class tickets back home and on way back on a connecting flight, they mishandled my sons custom wheelchair by laying it on its side on the conveyor belt damaging the whole right side where the joy stick is and when we reached honolulu from maui, they gave us the wheel chair not only inoperable but unsafe to drive. We took a whole video of their handling from the airplane window seat. Needless to say, when we told them we took a video they began scrambling like a bunch of chickens looking for the manager. They did not think that we would detect it was from their luggage handling crew in maui on October 8, 2018. They were so shook up they did not know how or where to find a comparable replacement wheel chair for my son. He was very upset, crying and in alot of pain as he has muscular dystrophy and relies on the custom wheelchair to keep him propped up and comfortable. We had first class tickets and due to their poor service, they removed us from airplane last and bordered us on connecting flight last. i am requesting a refund on all of our tickets. I am hoping to hear back from a customer Service Rep soon. You can reach me at 909-851-5495. To help you out. This flight was Monday 10-08-18 Flight 385 Hawaiian Airlines from Kahului Hawaii to Honolulu then connecting to Honolulu to Long Beach on Flight 70

Best Regards,

Renee Fox

The Caucasian stout balding steward was EXTREMELY rude. He never smiled and was very blunt when asking we what we wanted. At a later time, I requested another bag of pretzels (since they ran out of cookies) and he didn’t acknowledge he heard it. When he was serving others, I asked him again for a bag of pretzels and he threw up his hands and said “one moment PLEASE”. I was extremely humiliated and informed the stewardess how rude he was. This man does not have the demeanor to be in a customer service capacity and needless to say I was very disappointed and taken aback.

I bought a ticket on 9/10/18 (KIZKYV) I made a mistake,instead of buying in the morning time I bought for night time I called several times to American Airlines and I even went to Mia airport American desk trying to resolve this mater to change my ticket from 7:00 pm to 9:15 am in the morning same day they didn't want to help me out instead they want to charge me $200+ to change my time of flight. This was outrageous about these charges bc I would understand difference in the amount of the tickets it would be fine but not AA wanted to charge $200 just to change the time of the flight. well this is a rip off no way to treat a costumer so, I end up calling AA canceling my flight and losing my money bc I rather loose my money than fly with you guys. I would never ever buy a ticket or fly with AA. p.s. If you wouldnt have any other flights i would understand about the extremly high charges but,you did have flights Im preety much coming empty. shame on you AA. keep my money it looks like you need it more than I do.

Sincerly,

Raidel Villar

We paid extra for bigger seats, but my husband's seat couldn't recline. No movies or games or music? WTF? Delta flights were great today. Charlotte to Salt Lake City on AA807 was horrid. 4 hours of nothing. Antique plane. Shame on AA for charging for this trip! Pathetic. Pictures posted of the lousy plane on FB. Yelp rating 1 star. Delta next trip the whole flight.

We were in Cancun and were to depart at 4:20 pm (Flight #1778 for our return flight to Charlotte, NC on July 28. Our flight out of Charlotte to Lexington was to leave at 10:30PM (Flight # 5230). we received word that our flight was going to be delayed until 5:00. When 5:oo arrived we boarded the plane and sat on the tarmac until after 7:00. The pilot kept coming on the intercom saying that a new flight plan had been filed because of weather and he was waiting for it to be confirmed so that we could leave. We arrived at Charlotte and was hustled through customs, a party of 10 with 4 children under 6, and when we arrived at the gate it was closed with the plane sitting there. We were not allowed to get on the plane and when we went to customer service we were giving the cold shoulder. She would not offer any help other then the gate was closed and there was nothing that she or anyone else could do about it. We along with a round 50 other people were trying then to find rooms, something to eat and transportation but all she kept telling us that there was a convention in town and there were no rooms to be had in Charlotte. She was not sympatric nor helpful, almost on the verge of being out and out mean. We had to ask for/if any assistance would be given to get something to eat (all of the restaurants were closed/////0 she finally gave us a voucher for $20.00 for each family to use. She did not offer a blanket or pillows, we had to ask for those and another man had to go and get these. He ended up not having enough for everyone that was in line.

Bottom line, this was not our fault that we missed the plane and we were inconvenienced. Mater of fact this is the second time that I have flown American and it is the second time that I have been forced to sleep on the floor with my wife and family in Charlotte because of missing connecting flights. Will I fly American again,? Depends on what you do to make this right. Hope to hear from you soon. I had trip insurance but as not able to use it because of the convention and the inability of your employee to help. She did not even pretent to make calls to hotels to see if rooms could be had.

Ronnie Deatherage # 7W53FL8
Kelly Deatherage Grigson
David Grigson
Annabelle Grigson
Asher Grigson

On August 2, 2018. I William Dayan and Cynthia Kummer had decided to fly to Europe with the intent with surprising my sister for her 60th birthday surprise party. After arriving at the airport to fly flight number 1647 after a delay of waiting 2 1/2 hours we were than told that the flight to Philadelphia was cancelled due to A/C mechanical failure, which I have a document letter proven that. We were than told through American Airlines that we could catch a flight with delta airlines, that we should rush to get our luggage back and get on delta, after waiting 1 hour we were told that they were booked. We went back to American Airlines counter and they than had told us there is a flight out of Miami to Madrid Spain and than to Paris through Iberia airlines which we had to rush to take a cab to get from palm beach airport to Miami Once to Miami the flight was delayed over 3 hours, because of the delay once we got to Madrid the connecting flight to Paris left without us. Once again we were told again the flight was delayed another 3 hours to get to Paris. Our total flight time took 35 hours to finally get to Paris were we missed our party. Please note that all these delays were not due to any weather issues and I have documentation for. Please note that flight 787 coming from CDC to Charlotte North Carolina had no entertainment which was also delayed almost 2 hours . Please respond promptly to my complaint as we are so overwhelmed and feel we should be compensated for our experience. I look forward to continue flying America airlines and have this issued resolved promptly. Please contact me by email.
Dayan4@comcast.net
William Dayan/Cynthia Kummer
1026 Hythe B
Boca Raton,Florida 33434 561-504-6924

I am disappointed that American airlines did not offer compensation or reimbursement after the my last flight experience. My most recent flight with American airlines involved two delayed flights, one cancelation, and a connecting flight which I missed, due to the fact that I was put on a flight that boarded before my first flight had even landed. My first flight was delayed once, then cancelled. After hours of waiting in line to get my flights rebooked, I was put on a flight which was scheduled to board before my first flight touched down. I missed that second connecting flight, and was rescheduled for a flight that ended up being delayed as well. I finally got to my destination, but arrived much later than I was originally supposed to. I appreciate that American got me to where I need to be, but I am disappointed that greater effort has not been made to compensate for the time and trouble such frenzy caused myself and my family, as they were very concerned throughout the trip. Due to the extended trouble, I also did not have the opportunity to sleep for about 36-48 hours.

I bought a two round-trip ticket from San Deigo Ca to Southbend Ind. my sitting was so bad I decided to upgrade and pay for better sitting on way back to San Diego. when I got to the airport in Southend, my flight could no take my bags. I would have to leave my bag and take the flight or take the bus to Chicago. I needed to be home in time for work so I took the bus to Chicago. I had to pay 84.00 dollars for me and my son and I was not reimbursed for my bus fare. When I arrive for my Chicago flight. They separated me and my son and put us in bad sits. Amercian Airline treated me and my son like second-class citizen. I will never take American Airline again. And I need to pay for my bus fare to Chicago Because I pay for a round-trip ticket home. My tickets no. EZJBWT and bus tickets no 99034111

Sharon Johnson
718 Sycamore Ave. Space 178
Vista , Ca 92083
760-295-7869

Ticket # 0012181520461

Back on July 18th, the f first leg from BCN-LHR went well but for some reason they could not issue me the LHR-MIA boarding pass telling me to go to the gate at LHR,.This is when the nightmare began, There I was told that I did not have any seats that First Class was oversold, which in my 42 year of flying and over 35 with AA, I had never heard off, then I proceeded to go thru 3 ticket agents that could not tell me the why, then they tried for over 10 minutes to get a supervisor who was busy getting another passenger a Hotel room, and after trying to give me all sorts of reasons why I was bumped down all Untrue ( That I was the last to buy the tickets =NO, that I used miles to upgrade = NO, etc )finally I was told to go to the gate for there was not much time left to board, so we had to Run to hte gate & there in lies the the REAL problem for I had had surgery 5/17 & could not run but was left with no choice. At the gate I was told the same reasons for the downgrade, again I told them that had not been the case for I bought my ticket back in March 2018, knowing that I was going to have surgery (Stomach)May 17th , 2018 I did not want to risk either not getting seats ( At the time I bought the ticket there were only 2 seats taken) nor buying Business hoping to be upgraded = I BOUGHT FIRST CLASS. I was also traveling with my 3 kids in Premium Economy.
In Short my health deteriorated so much that I had to go immediately to my Surgeon on the 19th & in to the Hospital on the 20th to have all the Excess fluid that the running and carrying and Frustration caused and also place a catheter in my stomach to try and reseal the injury by removing all the excess liquid that this episode accelerated and my recovery could take 2-4 weeks
I have been with AA Advantage for over 32 YEARS and flying longer and this is not RIGHT.
I await your response for this Disaster that took place at LHR caused much distress on my family & great peril to me and now 2-4 weeks of pain.
JC Valdes

My wife and I recently took a trip from Chicago to Arequipa, Peru in July.. Our service on these flights was very poor. We went from Chicago to Dallas and then from Dallas to Lima. We then used Latam airlines from Lima to Arequipa. Specifically we left Chicago, O'Hare on July 10th at 6:35pm on flight 2300. As we prepared to board the plane, we were informed that we were not allowed to store our carry on luggage as there was no room. I informed the check in crew that I was carrying $20,000 dollars worth of camera equipment and did no pack it to be checked. I indicated at the time that the probability of the telephoto lens and or camera being damaged was quite high. She repeated the statement that it would have to be checked. I asked to speak to her supervisor, Ms. Sharon Santiago, who acknowledged the information I explained to the other personnel. I felt and explained to her that she was exposing American to serious financial liability and ruin the activities I had planned in Peru. I indicated that this was not American's Policy. She indicated that she would note this but the bag had to be checked. I checked the bag, I was furious, and was unable to get my checked carryon until we go to Lima. We were unable to depart to Lima as scheduled, specifically 10:15pm to arrive in Lima at 5:18 am on flight 909, due to a documentation issue by the ground personnel who had worked on the plane previously. I was worried and stressed all night long. We experienced a further delay in Lima as there were no gates available when we landed and this reduced the time for me to make our connection to Arequipa. I checked my equipment as soon as we got our bags. It was a miracle nothing was damaged. However, one of my checked bags did not leave Chicago. We filled out the paperwork to find the bag. This resulted in a 3 day delay in getting the bag, and a special trip to the bus terminal in Mollendo, Peru.. This resulted in a waste of time reducing the activities I had planned. Not having a change of clothing for three days in Peru was very uncomfortable and I had to reschedule some planned activities due to the lack of appropriate clothing..
The return trip became a marathon event. We departed for Lima on July 25th. Specifically, we took Latam flight 7721 at 6:20pm arriving in Lima at 7:57pm. We the attempted to check our bags in Lima for American flight 988 scheduled to depart at 11:54pm and arrive in Dallas at 7:20 am. We then were informed that there was no plane, as there was adverse weather in Miami delaying our plane. There was no information at the American check in counter. Most of the passengers were very frustrated. We left several hours late. We then were concerned about making our connecting flight in Dallas for Chicago. Specifically, it was flight 2754 scheduled to leave at 10:30am and arrive in Chicago at 12:58. We had to go through customs and were told the wrong gate information on the plane. This resulted in our getting to the correct gate15 minutes before the flight. We were not alone. There was a father whose family was on the plane and they closed the gate early. We tried to contact the plane but were told that the plane had finished boarding. The father said he was at the gate 5 minutes before we got their. We were all transferred to the next flight..
My wife and I have used American for most of our flying needs. We try to comply with all reasonable regulations and requirements. People prepare to travel according to policy. I feel that I was treated very unfairly as all '"carry on' bags are not equal. People are not freight, and have scheduled activities when they travel. We are currently planning our next trip to Peru.. I am concerned ! What are your thoughts ?

I filed a Complaint about my carry on bag on June 20 and gave a 5 star rating. Never got a response from them so I drop my rating to 1 Star. It was not about the money it was about the carry on bag. I am from Arlington Tx not Kennedale. Could some one respect me and get back to me please. I gave you a lot of business over the years.

My name is William Jackson a (Retired Disable Veteran). This pass weekend I had a very bad experience with some of your employees. First it started at LaGuardia Airport and ended in Charlotte-Douglas as my wife and I Saturday morning 28 July 18 getting ready to leave at 7:55 to Charlotte N.C. connecting flight headed back to Atlanta Ga. Where we went to the Customer Service agent just before you board. Just before boarding they ask would anyone like to give up there seats to get a voucher starting out with $240, then they went up to 500, 800 then when they got to $1000 (NOBODY MOVED) so my wife went to the counter to obtain the vouchers for us both which first come, first serve, BUT this young man who was flying on a (BUDDY PASS) waiting to get on the plane just stood there for a couple of minutes, then told the lady he would take one of the $1000 voucher while my wife was standing there, which the customer service lady gave it to him instead of us which I thought was not very (UNFAIR) and UNPROFESSIONAL). Serving my Country for 34 years and flying to numerous of countries and cities I have never experience or been treated like this before, also I thought as a disable person we suppose to go on first, I was the last person to go on. This was so disappointing to me and my wife. last but not least, One of the supervisors in Charlotte Airport yelled at my wife about her purse.That is definitely not Customer Service. We could have chosen any other Airline but we wanted to give you guys a try for our first time and it wasn't pleasant at all from the "Beginning to the End". I wouldn't want to put this on Facebook or Twitter about my treatment if you guys would Please take care of this Matter and get back with me as soon as possible because (I know) you guys are more Professional than this Thank you for cooperation

I don't know if I can say everything in 100 words. I have traveled to Abilene,Texas several times over the years. This last trip was the final straw. On July 12, I had a flight from Columbus, John Glen International to Dallas/Fort Worth leaving at 6:20 A.M. due to arrive a 7:58 A.M. that flight was delayed because we had no crew they were late. We finally leave Columbus at 7:45 A.M. We get to DFW and make it to our gate to go to Abilene Regional only to watch our plane pulling out. Not our Fault. We was suppose to arrive at Abilene Regional at 10:00 A.M. Next flight to Abilene Regional was at 2:20 P.M. once again delayed no crew, then no plane. Next flight at 5:50 P.M. once again delayed no plane, then a tornado. We finally board and then sit on the runway because the crew had not run their computer check, then there is another issue. I've lost count with the issues and excuses by this time. I finally arrive in Abilene at 7:05 P.M. I had to reschedule my rental car that I had set to pick up by 11:00 A.M. just in case there was a delay. I just turned 65 years old and I had to spend the DA-N day in a airport. On the way back on July 17, 2018 6:31 flight. a delay from Abilene Regional to DFW. We get to DFW with just enough time to get to the gate for the flight to Columbus. We board on time but sit on the runway for an hour and a half. I finally arrived in Columbus at 1:20 A.M. OH! I have to say for all of my trouble I got a da-n $12.00 lunch voucher for the 8 hours or more I spent in Dallas. This is sick, the really sad thing is American Airlines is the only one that fly into Abilene, TX. I have lived in Columbus over 45 years and have traveled back and forth to Abilene, TX (my home) many, many times each and every time I have been stuck going one way or another or both. I can't even give a star . American Airlines You Suck!

Record Locator WIZWAJ
Myself, wife and 2 19 year old daughters were returning from a wonderful vacation in Grand Cayman last Sunday, July 22. Our flight AA822 was late leaving Grand Cayman, but arrived in Charlotte in enough time to catch our connecting flight AA1749 to Pittsburgh. That flight was delayed and eventually cancelled. We were then scheduled for a later flight Sunday night, but was also delayed and cancelled after midnight ultimately because they couldn't get a crew to fly the plane. Stood in line for over an hour to try to schedule a Monday flight to NYC and then on to Pittsburgh for 4 of us.
We returned to airport in Charlotte at 7:00 AM and managed to get scheduled separately, 2 and 2, from Charlotte to Pittsburgh later Monday night.
One of those two flights was delayed by 3 1/2 hours and 2 of us got home after midnight Monday night. During this chaos we experienced, they were multiple delays, multiple cancellations, multiple gate chances, hotel costs, Uber costs, meal costs, etc. totalling extra costs to us of over $500. Charlotte American Airlines is out of control on so many levels our frustration is over the top. Disappointed in our experience. Once I use up my AA award miles I will cancel my AA credit card and find other airlines to fly.

I made airline reservations in February 2018 to and from Tokyo, Japan on June 23, 2018 returning July 3, 2018. Diamond Princess Cruise Line ad -vised me that American Airline would give me seat numbers but I should wait for a later date to apply for seats for Cathay Pacific.
When I called Cathay Pacific (I did not take the name of the person who answered the phone because I have never had a problem with my seat assignment before.). The person who assigned us the seat was very nice. I went on the internet and checked out the seats and was pleased that the seat were in mid-plane.
We were assigned seats 41 B & C. We arrived at the airport before 7 AM, our flight was not until 10 AM. We were assigned the last two seats on the plane 72 F & G we were told that there were no other seats available .
I 'm 92 years of age, my first air flight was a flight to Miami, Florida in 1985 and I have traveled on many, many airlines and I never had this problem.
I felt like I felt when I went to college in 1944 when we had to get on the bus and take the last seat on the bus and if there were no more seats we had to stand while other people sat.
The rest of the trip was very okay.
My flight #841 JFK Confirmation # QU13WH

We were scheduled to fly out of Birmingham Al on 07/14/2018 to Miami and then down to Curacao to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrived over an hour before departure with many people waiting to check in. Once our turn the check in attendant said we were to late to check our bag in and would have to reschedule our flight. No other flights were going out of Birmingham Al until the next day. So we had to pay a $620.00 penalty to fly out the next day. We understand to rules with cut off times to check in baggage. I need someone from customer relations to contact me please on this issue. Home # 205-372-4635 or cell 205-657-5428. We lost two days of our vacation due to a very unprofessional employee not willing to help.

The communication, helpfulnesswas and politeness was extremely poor on the delay/cancellation of the flights I.e. when I first received the notification of delay I checked in and was told my flight and connecting flight were fine, but 30 minutes later another person at the check in desk told me my flight had actually been canceled and I was now scheduled on a flight about 5 hours later leaving after midnight leaving me, a women, stranded alone in the airport after midnight. Multiple people said they were very willing to give up their seats, but there was no announcement asking if anyone was willing to give up their seats and when several men came forward to offer their sets they were rudely told they would have to wait in line to give up their seat. The men offering to give up their seats said they did not know they had to wait in line to give up their seats (they offered after a lady in line needed to get home to her children). When another lady offered to give up her seat if they were offering money or a voucher they said they were not. They were not willing to compensate in any way, not even a food voucher while I was now stranded at the airport five extra hours. It was not just the extremely poor communication, but the rudeness to multiple customers, even those customers trying to help by giving up their seats that shocked me. I have never seen customers treated this way on Delta. When Delta has a delay/cancellation they always politely try to assist their customers. I have never heard a Delta representative be rude to a customers and even it they cannot find a flight they are politely dong their best, I saw multiple representatives be rude to multiple customers while waiting in line. When I asked for the address to write in about the situation the representative then started being rude to me.

Bought ticket for my 73yrs old mum on flight 3724 from New York to Cincunnati on 8/19/2018 she couldn't get on board because no one was ready to assist her find solution to a problem when checking her baggage in. I called the support line to seek assistance and the representative didn't offer any help but said it's just a basic economy ticket. Do we have to lose our money cos it's just a basic economy ticket?

On May 7, I booked a flight for my Pastor and Missionary friends from Miami to Port of Spain. It was part of our trip to Europe. We take equipment for audio, video, computers and Photo cameras along. Even when we streamline all the luggage and travel as light as possible for 3 weeks, we still have expensive equipment, which we cannot put in the luggage, but have to carry it on the plane.

They flew from POS to MIA with Caribbean and connected with Lufthansa to Germany. On the return we were able to check the luggage with Lufthansa all the way through to POS, and they continued the flight from Miami to POS with American Airlines. We were very happy with that because it is always a time issue to connect in the US.

Meanwhile, we got the news that they were not able to take their carry-on on the flight because it is a basic-economy ticket for all of them. It was never told to you to us that this is the case. We were not aware that there is such a thing as “basic economy” neither the consequences. The booking confirmation simply says “Nonstop, Coach”. As frequent flyers we know the regulations. Changing your fares doesn’t always reach to your Passengers and you cannot make them responsible to obtain the information. Even your own staff is not always on top of it. The procedure to pay additional fees und check-in the carry-ons is a very rude awakening and not considering the costly and precious load (content), especially when come after a long journey, tired and worn out.

With this said I want to tell you that in your competitive mind you forget your passengers and their needs. After all, its the customers who help you to stay in business.

Regards,

Burkhard Kraas

On June 23rd 2018 my husband and I and our daughter were on American flight #5844 from Wichita,Ks to Tampa,FL leaving at 5:00am. We arrived late in Dallas and ran to catch our connecting flight #1351 to Tampa. When we got to the gate we were told that our flight was being delayed at least an hour. Upon arriving in Tampa my husband received a message on his phone that our luggage was not on our flight would be coming on the next flight. We had a cruise ship to catch.Talking to them at the AA office by the baggage claim, we found out our luggage would be there around 2o'clock. We were told we could go ahead to the cruise ship but that it would take 4 hours for them to process our luggage and by then the ship would have left. Which was a big B.S. It was American's fault for not putting the luggage on the correct flight that had an hour delay. They also told us if we waited for our luggage they would have a driver standing by to take us to the ship. Now the driver could take us and the luggage right away but it would take 4 hours for them to just bring our luggage. American didn't want to pay the fare and they owe us that much since it wasn't our fault. We were very anxious we have missed our cruise ship before due to baggage delay with another airlines. We went and ate a quick .lunch and then went back to the baggage claim to wait for our luggage. My husband talked to the Carnival representative there and we decided to go with them since it was getting late and we had to be on the ship by 3pm. We thought if we were on Carnival shuttle they wouldn't leave us.There was another couple that had the same problem on the shuttle with us. We made it just in time we were the last ones on the ship and we had to haul all our luggage around ourselves because the porters had already quit by that time. This is not how you want to start your vacation. I think American Airlines should at least pay the $43.98 it cost for the three us to take the shuttle at the last minute. That is not how we had planned to to get to the ship. This is the second time we have had this same problem with American and not putting the luggage on the correct flight. The last time there was a whole cart left in Dallas and we had to wait two days for our luggage along with other people for American to fly it to our first port. American use to be a good airlines but I'm beginning to have my doubts. I would appreciate a refund check for the $43.98 that your mistake cost us. I look forward to hearing a response from you. Thank You! Janice Kurtz

We landed in Miami (MIA)on June 28th 2018 on flight 1089 from Bridgetown (BGI). Due to a plane needing a tow-bar in the gate where our plane needed to taxi in. The plan needing the tow-bar was blocking the path to the terminal. We were forced to set on the tarmac for over two hours, all the time being told that all connecting flights were also delayed, which was not true. Our connecting flight left and we were told that we needed to rebook our flight. Customer service was horrible, we were finally booked on a flight for the next day and forced to stay in Miami. After over an hour of arguments with your customer services reps, and supervisors who would not even give eye contact with us. We were given vouchers to stay at the Double Tree Hotel. We waited there at the airport for more than another hour for a shuttle that never arrived, and my son then rented a VAN costing him another $398 to get us to the Hotel. Lastly when we arrived at the airport the next day to continue our journey home, your customer service reps tried to re-charge us for luggage we had already paid for. Again involving another supervisor, to finally get our bags on the plan and not be double charged. This was a horrible end to what was suppose to be a long needed vacation. We were extremely un-satisfied.

When my new luggage ( 1st time use ) arrived in Punta Cana, it was wrapped with AA strapping tape. The zipper was broken.
I have photos which I took before opening the suitcase and I had to get creative by stitching the zipper closed with Dental Floss ( very strong! ) in order to get it home. I also have the receipt from the luggage purchase ( $ 129.99 ).
My flight and baggage information is as follows:
FLT # 845 - June 20, 2018 10:26 am arriving Punta Cana 2:20 pm.
BAGGAGE tag # AA 87 86 50 (7001878650) PNR: IHDJVN
Respectfully,
Paula Kearney-Cuff

so is there a problem today on this site. I would like to complain about my flight from louisville ky to huntsville al my spouse was informed my flight would be an hour late which was not true since i was already in huntsville she informed my ride of this which resulted in me sitting there for an hour and a half on my return she was informed my flight was cancelled till the next day this also did not happen this undo stress on my family and those who were to pick me up this was all not needed i was disappointed in this treatment. thanks Herbert c Pate

I cannot get any help with my lost bag. None..No one at American Airlines knows anything. Thanks

I filed a Complaint Reference a Flt I took on 05/10/2018 from Ontario Ca to Newark NJ.I received a e-mail dated 05/28/2018, Ref#1-26984296299 stating that arrangements have been made for a $100.00 eVoucher (via a separate email) for each of you toward the purchase of a ticket to travel with you. I hope that I am giving you enough time, however I am ready to use those Vouchers. As of now I have not received them, our record locator were SQSZHV. Any more information you need from me, please let me know. Thanks for your Support.
Arthur Irving
909-907-5578

i booked a flight to montgomery alabama,flight changes were made,i was not notified.
when i arrived at the airport i was told that i could go to charlotte but i could not get
to montgomery.the reason for my flight was to attend the college graduation of my
granddaughter in auburn, alabama and my daughter was going to pick me up in montgomery.
the graduation was monday,may 7 at 10;a.m.
to be able to attend the graduation i took an uber car from birmingham to auburn at a
cost of 212.37 dollars.
i would appreciate reimbursement.
sincerely yours, jerome robinson

My booking reference number is JMCMVC, first off, I had to change my flight date from Las Vegas to Washington and correct my surname to Brandes because my son who booked this trip used my married surname San Buenaventura and not my maiden last name Brandes reflected on all of my legal IDs/documents. The representative on the phone whom I spoke to was very efficient and helped me to rebook my flight and correct the surname but she failed to mention that all my existing seats reserved for the multiple flights that was booked under that reservation would be totally erased or deleted. We reserved seats during the booking online because I was travelling with my family from BMI to SJ PR thus my stress began. I found out later on when I arrived at the airport for my first trip that my original seat reservation was non-existent when I tried to check-in and that seats will be assigned to me when I check-in at the other airports, to my dismay couldn't even find any available seats on the mobile app which caused me to panic since I seemed to not have any seat at all. My daughter tried to reserve seats for me thru phone representatives but to her dismay was only informed that I will only be assigned seats at each airport that I check in at. Very frightening to think that you don't even know where you are seated and can't even choose where to sit or be seated next to your daughter who wants to spend time with you because she is about to enter the military and won't be able to see her mom for a long time. I rate this experience from 1-10 10 being excellent a 1.
Next incident, the day before I leave SJ PR to go home to Las Vegas, I receive an email telling me that there is a delay in my flight to ORD (Chicago) but I had already checked in online. Next email says I may miss my connecting flight to LV because of the delay of the connecting flight. I had to call 3 times and speak to a representative but no other flight going to LV that same night! Panic attack again! I had work the next day 7am PST. I tried to get another booking and the representative I spoke to on the phone found me a plane leaving in an hour so we all rushed to the airport not even folding the clothes just stuffed it in the bag. At the airport, I couldn't check my bags in, the machine kept saying see an agent and I did but he couldn't print a baggage tag too saying that the plane may be closed for luggages now. Such wrong choice of words to tell a passenger who has been through a lot just to get home that same day! He made me fidgety and panic attacks surged up again. Finally I was referred to the main customer service lane and I had my luggage checked in. Next rush was to get to the gate before it closed. 12:15PM and TSA line was ridiculously long. 12:44 is my boarding time, I am still nowhere near the end of the line. I got out of the TSA area 12:59 and ran for dear life got there just in time for my group number to be called to board. Arriving at FW Dallas, I had to run to the airlink to get to my connecting flight gate 7. Then run again to the gate because there was just 20minutes in between landing and next boarding for connecting flight to Vegas. I got there just in time again for boarding for my group number. After being settled and waiting for the plane to close its doors, 20 minutes or so later, they announced that there was a delay and we shall be leaving in a few minutes. That never happened because we were all asked to deplane and get all our belongings and wait for further announcement. So we waited until the caterer truck that was stuck under the plane was finally able to get out from under the plane and AA ground crew had to investigate if the plane was still safe to fly. Finally after more than 30 minutes we were asked to board again and this time with no order at all. Everybody wanted to get to their seats right away and fly asap! After all this trouble, I thought I would get to Las Vegas earlier than expected but we landed in McCarran airport more than an hour late. As you can see all of this has caused me a lot of running, panicking that I may miss flights, scared that I may get lost in new airport destinations, stress because of all the trouble that one delayed ORD Chicago flight caused me! I shall await your prompt action and response on this matter.

Zegrid Brandes

My Mother that is 84 years old in a wheelchair was stranded on American Airlines Sunday April 29th 2018. She missed her flight from Dallas, TX due to flight cancellation to Nashville TN. She was scared and crying!! I drove over an hour to Nashville TN airport to get her and she wasn't there!! Then had to come home and go again the next morning to the airport. We use American Airlines a lot. But now....it is in question.....We hope American Airlines will give my Mother a free ticket since she travels 2 or 3 times a year.

Your company doesn’t even rate a single star! I fly Southwest weekly but had to fly American this week to get to Little Rock AR. Wow what a difference. Your people treat passengers like livestock. Entitlement attitude! Like I was doing them a favor. American has a great deal to learn about how to treat passengers. Two of my four flights were late. They took my bag in Little Rock on the return but when Ingot on the plane here were 4 or five places to put it in the overhead!
You and your team are really organized! Had to wait an additional 3 minutes for my small bag in Las Vegas! That was after the flight was one hour and 45 minutes late taking off!! God I miss Southwest. Needless to say the only time I will consider American in the future will be in pure desperation! Thank you for a truly miserable two days of travel!

On May 4th my flight AA1753 was delayed several times, then cancelled at end of night, when I went to gates to see what to do there were two lines to get changes, I let people go before be as some were more frustrated than I, the other line was down to 1 person so as there were only myself and one other left, I walked to other gate and as I got there he said "I just clocked out". I went back now I was last one, and the only one who had to be rebooked through a connecting flight in morning. I was not happy, I paid for a non-stop, I won't do connecting flights. He said only other option was 5:45 pm. The employee said there was nothing else he could do, did not inform me I could use another airline, I ended up just coming back home, telling him that wont work for me. Called AA when I got home they told me nothing they could do. This was not weather related, and there was no, not even minor compensation offered regarding this extreme inconvenience. Thank you for your time and response.

I have traveled approximately 200 times in first class in my many years traveling and never experienced such poor service as on a recent American Airlines flight. I want to mention too that this is the first time I have ever filed a complaint after about 45 years of traveling. On April 24 on AA412 from Philadelphia to San Francisco, I boarded wearing a blue blazer. I held the blazer awaiting the Stewardess's (Sandy) assistance in hanging my coat. I ordered water and my wife, Diane ordered a ginger ale prior to our take-off. As Sandy was delivering the ginger ale, a hole in the plastic cup caused the beverage to leak all over my coat. Sandy briefly apologized, speaking to the hole in the cup as the cause. Surprisingly, she never again addressed the incident or took my coat for hanging for the rest of the 6 hour 18 minute flight! The only mention of the incident was to indicate in mid-flight that "you shouldn't feel like you're alone in your misery, one of the pilots also got a cup with a hole in it." I couldn't believe it!

I'm really not trying to seek any reimbursement for this (although it cost me $8.00 to have the coat cleaned). I really just wanted to bring your attention to the lack of service. I've never had to hold my sport coat in my lap in first class for a 6+ hour flight! Your Sandy really doesn't belong in first class servicing your customers!

I thought this was deficient enough service that American Aurlines really needed to know!

Joe Abbott

Ohare airport 6:00 am on Thursday April 12, 2018. Security checkpoint 7. A woman named Evelyn (red blazer) was shockingly rude to me as I asked her if there were other security checkpoints open at the other end of the terminal; the line was moving unusually slowly. I mentioned I’ve never seen it this long so early (at least not in the past couple years) as I travel often for work, typically in terminal 1 or 2. It was a simple question and she told me I can just go fly United then. I understand maybe there is nothing she can do, but saying that along with a simple comment of apology for the wait would have been a less aggressive, more acceptable and more normal response. A little politeness can go a long way, and so can a lack of it.

We were on a flight to Maui and it was cancelled due to maintenance problems. We ended up stuck in Phoenix. It was 1200 in the afternoon, I find it difficult to believe they couldn't get an airplane to fly us to Maui. No one notified us until after the fact, I found out from the people in front of us.

We went to the counter to procure our new flight information. There were 3 representatives there assisting. We were in the middle line and were being helped by Ida. She was not helpful at all. We had to settle for 2 rooms when we had 3 families travelling with us. The gal at the next station gave perks to her customers, like $airline credits. When we asked, Ida was rude. My son went over to the person handing out the credit and she told us she only gave credits to "her people" Great.

We planned this vacation for 2 years with our family and had to pay for the night's hotel in Maui despite the fact that we weren't there. I don't understand why a major airline couldn't get us on another flight. They gave us airline miles, big deal. My children don't fly and that is useless.

I would appreciate a telephone call from American Airlines about this!

When I retrieved my luggage at Detroit airport after flight from Phoenix the front of it was covered with a black substance which I cannot get off. It looks like it's oil based but I'm not really sure. This is a brand new piece of luggage & first time used. While some wear & tear is to be expected, this is unacceptable!

To whom it concerns: On Monday May 19 I had a connecting flight from Savannah to Wichita flight 1251 the Monday flight was canceled and I was rebooked on flight 1251 Feb. 20, that flight was canceled, not sure why it was raining but have never before had a flight canceled because of rain. I then booked a flight on Southwest Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. and arrived safely home. My expenses incurred are as follows: Uber rides to hotels and airports $157.50 meals $85.00 hotels $92.70 and Southwest ticket $$232.00 My expense total of $567.20 i feel should be reimbursed as the Monday flight if had flown I would not have these additional expenses for travel. A voucher or credit would be sufficient, I'm not sure how you handle this but your help would be appreciated.
Craig Stuart

I paid $40 for exit seat. Knowing that if the flight was full, this would provide me ample room for my carryon bag. An expensive samsonite designed for overheads on CRJ 900 and other aircraft. Flight 5533 on Feb 16 Stewardess Ashley (refused to give last name) made me take my carryon out of the empty overhead where it fit easily and check it. I had to unpack all my electronics. She stated that all rolling bags are not allowed on This flight. Yet others were in the overhead. I was annoyed and inconvenienced by her arrogant and power trip attitude. I would like her to be reprimanded so passengers with carry Ina that fit and are safe can use the overheads.

I was boarding a flight from Chicago Ohare to Palm Springs California And the ground crew bumped my wife and I from our seats to give them to a lady in a wheel chair who refused to wait until everyone had boarded so the could get her to her seat at the year of the plane. We called and complained and were told we would need to write in to get any action. They could not authorize any adjustment on the phone. I emailed customer service and after three emails was told they could not authorize giving us those seats, on our return flight in May, without an additional charge
It seems the way to discourage you is " NOT MY JOB" response. My last email I suggested they give me the name of someone in autority and got no response

I wanted to write you concerning our recent trip to Mexico. Our first issue was with American Airlines. We were three (3) hours leaving Nashville. First, the workers were late opening the ticket kiosks and counters for us to check our bags. No one used the weather as the reason. Second, we set on the plane two hours. We were told that they had to fix “a loose light on the plane”. The pilot said it should take 20 minutes. It took 2 hours. We were hot and thirsty. We missed the connecting flight. We were put on the next flight to Phoenix. This flight took another 4 hours. From there, we landed in Cabo 3 hours later.
Nashville (BNA) - Charlotte (CLT) 13 Jan 05:40AM - 08:23AM American Airlines #887
Charlotte (CLT) - Cabo San Lucas (SJD) 13 Jan 09:55AM - 01:15PM American Airlines #836
Cabo San Lucas (SJD) - Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW) 18 Jan 03:15PM - 06:54PM American Airlines #1385
Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW) - Nashville (BNA) 18 Jan 08:55PM - 10:41PM American Airlines #2501
I feel like American owes each of us a refund for the inconsiderate way that treated us on the outgoing flight.

On Saturday, December 23, 2017, I took an early 3:25 A.M. LIFT ride in order to take an early flight from CAK to DCA. Flight AA5260 was delayed over two hours due to a reported mechanical issue. After several gate changes and an airplane change we departed CAK @ 8:12 A.M. rather than the scheduled 5:42 A.M. departure time. We arrived at DCA @ 9:12 A.M. rather than the scheduled arrival time of 7:04 A.M. I am a 62 year old disabled veteran with a monthly pension. The additional expense of the early transportation, along with my checked bag could have been preventable if not for such an early flight. I certainly hope it's possible to be compensated by AA for an unfortunate inconvenience the mechanical issue subjected me & others to 12/23/2017. I also hope to have a more favourable experience on my return flight AA5188 scheduled for departure later today @ 5:10 P.M. I have not received a response to my online form suggestion/complaint submitted on or around Saturday, December 23, 2017. I look forward to a response to my email to address my genuine concern expressed. Respectfully, Celestine Shelton. 330-622-1699 #7031671278 2 Baggage claim # AA 79 54 83

The flight and service were excellent! Beautiful new plane. My complaint stems from being forced to sit next to a huge person in the aisle seat. I consider myself and my wife to be of average size. We fit well in the seats. I put the arm rest down between myself and Mr. Huge. He objected a bit since his extremely large butt was now forced to conform. I had to keep the arm rest between my wife and I up and lean into her seat for the entire trip from RSW to ORD. By the time I got to ORD, my back was killing me.
This is not fair! I know he paid for a seat but so did I. There has to be something as an airline that you can do to accommodate everyone. Someone who tips the scales easily at 350 lbs should not be allowed to buy a standard seat. He needs to be in First Class, or buy 2 seats.
I am an Advantage member, flying a few times a year for business (V1232V4) and a few times for pleasure. We have a reservation for Dec. 29th to fly back to RSW (Flight 1267 at 12:05 PM). I assure you if I have another behemoth next to me it will be my last American flight!

On October 7, 2017 my traveling companion (Sue Lytle) and I arrived in Lima Peru, after flying there on Latam Airlines flight 2068 from Cusco Peru. Our original booked flight was American Airlines flight 7694 operated by Latam, but due to problems caused by Latam we did not arrive on that flight. We arrived at 11:10 pm, with our connecting flight (AA 988) scheduled to leave at 11:54 pm. There was no one at the AA ticket counter or baggage check. Our cell phones did not work in Peru, so we could not generate electronic boarding passes. We did not know that the American Airlines ticket counter and baggage check closed one hour before the last flight leaves for the night, although we were later informed of this. We grabbed our luggage and went upstairs to speak with someone in the American Airlines office, but no one was there to help us. We were quite frustrated that we were going to miss our connecting flight!

A Latam attendant told us that the American Airlines ticket counter would reopen at 3:45 am. We opened up our sleeping bags and laid down in front of the AA ticket counter. After little sleep, AA opened up and we said we needed help getting back to the USA and told what happened. They sent us to the Latam counter for help. We hauled our luggage back and forth speaking with people at both airlines with no resolution to our dilemma. Finally, American Airlines said we would have to rebook, at a fee of $300 each, in order to get home. There was some hope that we might get a morning flight to Miami and then on to Atlanta, instead of our destination of Nashville, but by then, the Miami flight was full . Desperate to get home, we charged the American Airlines booking fee to Sue's credit card. Now, we were booked for an Oct. 8, 11:54 pm flight (988) to Dallas Fort Worth. We spent a grueling 24 hours in the Lima airport waiting. During this time, we spoke with Latam agent Ursula Olorregui who told us we should not have been charged for rebooking since missing the flight was not our fault. She advised us to file a complaint/claim.

We are requesting a refund of the $300 rebooking fee for each passenger, Sue Lytle and Anne Grindle. The record locator number for our trip was CKCREB. We have also filed a complaint/claim with Latam and disputed the charge on Sue Lytle’s credit card. Your speedy attention to this disappointing situation would be greatly appreciated.

I flew with u a month ago set in airport for 14 hours lost 500 pay from work now I am setting on a plane in Texas with no pilots wtf I will lose 500 again I can't say I will never fly with aa again because all airlines are the same where did custermer service go

I purchased an American Airlines ticket using rewards miles for my 17 year old grandson, Preston Corneau-Morrow. Preston traveled from Fayetteville , North Carolina to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on August 19, 2017. Preston was supposed to return to Fayetteville on September 9 but, due to a family situation, he needed to go to Knoxville. This necessity became apparent approximately 3 days prior to his scheduled departure.

I telephoned American Airlines and the representative told me that she could make the change and that the “number of points were the same” so it would be an even exchange. I would not have to pay any additional points. Several days after he flew, I looked back at Preston’s original reservation because I was trying to understand why he was charged $25 to check a bag. When I looked at the original reservation, I saw that I was charged 20,000 miles for that flight. The flight to Knoxville was listed at 12,500 miles at the time of booking. This was clearly not an even exchange to me so I called American Airlines in an attempt to get a refund on my miles. The representative did not give me a reasonable explanation for not being able to refund my 7,500 miles nor did the supervisor I asked to speak with.

I am confident that if the situation were reversed and the original flight cost 12,500 miles and the second flight cost 20,000, I certainly would have been assessed the extra 7,500 miles. I would have understood and willingly paid the additional miles.

I also asked the representative about the $25 fee for Preston’s checked bag. She said that he was assessed that charge because the charge was made on my husband’s account. The baggage fee is waived only when he accompanies other customers on the same flight. We have been American Airlines Advantage members for over 25 years. I was never aware of this rule. I have flown both with and without my husband and have never been charged a baggage fee. Admittedly, in the past 3-4 years it has been more difficult for me to transact the business of booking flights and negotiating your website because the account is in his name. My husband and I tried to have the account changed to both our names but we denied that luxury. This is in spite of the fact that we both use an American Airlines Visa with the same account number and an American Airlines MasterCard with the same account number.

I am asking that the excess and unfair charge of 7,500 miles be reinstated in my account.

I am asking that you direct where I can see, in writing, that there is a baggage fee for customers who travel independent of the account holder.

I am asking that American Airlines add my name to the account so I am able to avoid past pitfalls and can continue to enjoy our long-standing relationship with American Airlines.

My flight on Saturday was cancelled without notice. I missed my son's first college game and feel like I was robbed of something I will never get back. Customer service was the rudest I have ever experienced in my life. No help no compensation, Nothing. I'm speaking to an attorney. They should not be able to do this to people. My tickets were over $1,000. I and my family are devastated!! 5 standby flights and Nothing still.

On August 24th I Had A Flight Leaving Ontario Ca To Seattle Washington When I Got There I Used A Machine To Get Boarding Pass And pay For Two Small Bags That Needed To Be Checked The Machine Was Not Working Like It Should The Lady At The Ticket Counter Came Over And we Explained That We Pushed The Buttons For Two Small Bags At 30 Dollars Each We Asked Her If The Machine Took The Payment Off My Debit Card And She Told Us No No No And That Was Not True She Said She Could Help Me At The Ticket Counter She Charged Me 50 Dollars Then For The Two Little Bags I Would Like A Full Refund For The Additional 59 Dollars That Was Charged On my Card I Have Already Put In Claims For A Refund And It Says Still Pending The Lady At Ontario Ca Airport Lied And There Was No Excuse For That At All Please Respond To My Claims Soon My Ticket0012145323389 My Daughters Is0012145323390 Thank You The PRN Code Is UNQVKF

August The 24th I Had A Flight From Ontario Ca To Seattle Wa I Used The Machine To Get Boarding Pass And Pay For Two Small Bags That Needed To Be Checked The Machine Quit Working Before It Did It Charged My Debit Card 59 Dollars For The Bags The Lady At The Ticket Counter Came Over And Said She Would Help Me I Asked Her If The Machine Charged The 59 Dollars And She Told Me No That It Did not I Asked Her Again She Said No No When I Got Home My Bank Statement Said That I Was Charged 59 Dollars And 50 Dollars So I Was Charged 109 Dollars For Two Small Bags I Would Like A Full Refund Of 59 Dollars Back As Soon As You Can Do It Thank You Faith Crawford

I flew on AA 135 from London to LAX on Aug. 29th. (ticket code:1 001 2379856301 4). The flight attendants went through the plane delivering the "special request vegetarian meals". Next, they delivered meals to everyone else. When they got to me, the chicken meal was all gone and I was stuck with a vegetarian meal that I did not request or want. It was a pile of overcooked spinach and rice with a tiny bit of veg. sauce to one side of the rice. I left it and ate the tiny salad and roll. This was not up to American Airlines food quality that I am use to.

I feel American Airlines corporate office owes me some kind of reimbursement. At least a meal voucher for a domestic flight with no expiration date. I have been a loyal Airlines customer and even have the AA Citi Advantage credit card.

I booked a flight for Christmas at 487.70 Total. The confirming email was very late--I never checked it. I didn't realize it was wrong until I received the pre-flight check-in notification one week after I booked the flight for Christmas. The dates were 10 days apart. The flight the reservation system booked for me was one week later for a short 2 day flight. I booked the car rental from the AA website that populated the dates automatically to match the flight days correctly for Christmas. I have the confirming email for the car rental. I explained this but All I got was "the system say's you booked the two day flight at that price one week before the flight". There are no deals that good for a flight one week before for two days at that distance but it fell on deaf ears.

There is no way that I mistakenly booked a flight for August for 2 days at that price instead of a December, January flight. The computer is always right even when basic logic is overwhelming and crystal clear. So now of course there are no flights at that price when I know they were available. Something happened and I'm very disappointed and hurt by the complete disregard for the facts.

Here's a complaint. 6 weeks ago Gail and I were heading for Maui when American Airlines cancelled our flight out of Dallas. The next day we flew out, but this time they put us in Economy instead of the $1033 more we had paid for first class. Here's the thing: Despite 3 emails and the travel agent's efforts, they have not refunded us that money or even answered us. For a retired teacher and a teacher's aide, $1033 is a lot of money. If you can, avoid AA. They are always late, frequently cancelled and darned hard to get them to pay up on refunds. American Airlines just plain stinks!

I flew with my daughter and family to the Cayman Island on July 30th and returned on August 8th. The flight there was great . they were there with a wheel chair each time we got off the planes. But on the way back it was totally different. I had asked have a wheel chair when we landed in Charlotte NC and St Louis but that did not happen. I have lower back issue and can't walk that far. I was really disappointed because it left me in a lot of pain.

I was traveling on American Airlines on Wednesday July 6th 2016. I arrived at the Dallas Fort Worth airport at 12:45pm traveling on flight #463 to Charlotte, North Carolina which was suppose to leave at 2:32pm but was delayed to 2:55pm. That really didn't bother me much but my return flight to Dallas Fort Worth is where it all started. I was returning on Sunday July 10th on flight #721 when it all started to unravel. I arrived at the Douglas Airport in Charlotte, NC at 4:00 pm for my flight back to DFW flight #721 leaving at 5:40pm.

I boarded the airplane at 5:25 which was suppose to depart at 5:40 but that did not happen. The captain came on the loud speaker at about 5:35 letting us know that we were waiting on passengers from an international flight to arrive to this flight. I had no problem with that thinking that it would be about 15 or 20 minutes, which it was. They arrived got situated and now I'm thinking ok now were going to be on our way. Now at this point it has been about an hour the captain comes on again and says he is waiting for numbers from the dispatcher to take off. Apparently he never received the numbers until 7:00 because we still haven't left yet. At this point I am very irritated seating on this plane all this time with no water offered to me by the staff. I guess he finally gets the numbers to take off and the time now is 7:15.

I travel Amercian Airlines paying the the higher price which I don't mind because I like to get where I'm going on time. I am an AAdvantage customer and this delay has really annoyed me to the point that I am writing this letter. If I wanted to be inconvenienced like I was I would have flown with Spirit Airlines. I feel at this point I need to be compensated some kind of way. Thank you, Camille Cheers

I was scheduled to depart from LGA to DFW on a 6pm flight. Due to weather conditions the flight was delayed to 6:50pm, than 7:15pm, 9:30pm, 10:50pm, than 10:20pm. This kept going on al day, which resulted to me staying at the airport all day. After 12:00am the flight came in, and the passengers were informed the flight was cancelled due to illegality (In other words, the flight attendants are exhausted and opt not to fly to Dallas). Understandable.

However there was no courtesy provided to the customers who camped out at the airport all day. At one point we were told American Airlines are attempting to call other flight attendants (which never happened). We were then told the flight has been rescheduled for 7:30am on 02/16. No only were there no accommodations (hotel vouchers). we were told due to security reasons, we have to exit the gate and sleep outside of TSA.

It was absolutely humiliating to treat a customer this way. There was a lack of service and in most cases the customers were made to feel it was our fault. There was a lack of information, provided to the customers, and the manager "Sue" was less than helpful. There were customers on wheelchairs sleeping on the floor. I have always been prideful to fly American, and it is absolutely disappointed to have experienced this kind of treatment.

Dear Sir or Mam I was on a return flight from Las Vegas to Jacksonville NC with a stop in Charlotte NC after arriving in Charlotte I saw on your board that the flight going to Jacksonville had been cancelled. I immediately went to the American Airlines customer service desk to get help. I was travelling with my fiancé and after about forty five minutes the agent had gotten us tickets for a flight the next morning my fiancé's flight was confirmed and I had to go standby.

I was disappointed in the time it took although the woman seemed to be friendly I felt that things did not go as smooth as they should have she had to make several calls and said the issues were due to the merger between American and US Air. I asked about getting a room or even renting a car and she said they could not do that. I really felt like I was left to fend for myself and thought your airline should have been more helpful especially since this was due to no fault of my own.

I booked a flight (record locator jwackq) in December to southeast Asia. I paid more than 800 dollars in upgrades. The plane had mechanical problems in Chicago and the flight was cancelled. On three separate occasions, your customer service people assured me that the money would be refunded within 10 to 12 business days. That was more than 6 weeks ago and so far the refund is still in your account instead of mine. I want to know today the status of that refund. This is also the second time I have filled out this online form. AA corporate headquarters have yet to respond to the first one sent more than 3 weeks ago.

I submitted a written complaint online the last week of January, 2015, regarding a request for airline credit for my experience flying from Jackson Mississippi to Lynchburg Virginia. My flight on the 23rd of December from Charlotte to Lynchburg was cancelled and I had to rent a car. The only one available was at the cost of $200. In addition to this, my bag was lost for two days. I have yet to hear back from someone regarding my submission of complaint. I would appreciate someone calling me.

To: American Airlines Complaint Center. Re: Flight Attendant Carolyn – Aggressive Attitude toward traveler Carlos G Vazquez- Senior and Handicap person. Aboard the flight AA 2180 from SJ to Dallas TX with final destination to San Antonio TX, on Jan 8th 2016, . Boarding at 2.35pm. Record locator EGXFYG and with boarding passes attached in this email. Summary of Incident of Aggression: A flight attendant by the name of Carolyn, middle age woman with blond hair. Displayed an aggressive, harsh, demeanor, rude and loud words in front of a full occupancy flight to my husband Carlos G Vazquez, 62 y/o with disabilities.

Incident: While boarding the plane we were the last persons to board a full plane, an overhead storage area on isle 7 was empty was we walk in and I told my husband to use it to store a small computer and handbag inside it, as he was exhausted from walking and we thought the plane was full and maybe the storage areas in the back of the plane were full where we were to seated.

As we were placing our bags in the above bin #7 Carolyn was next to us watching near the front door entrance and didn’t say anything. We them walk to our seats (24c&d) and after 2-4 minutes later arolyn walks up to my husband and very load and rude way, shouting at him in front of everyone in the plane said, “ you had to place your bags back here where you are seated, I am going to let it go for now but make sure it doesn’t happen again”, as she is shouting to my husband ,I on the other side of the isle seated ,are saying “ ok, we didn’t know , thanks”, Madelyn never turned to look at me, she continue to repeat the same words to my husband very loud , at the point where everyone surrounding us were looking to see what was going on.

My husband them upset and trying to understand her behavior, said to her “ how do you know it was me ?. she responded, because I saw you, for which my husband asked her, “ if you saw me, why didn’t you say anything them and waited until now?. Madelyn paused and the responded because I was busy doing other things and didn’t have the time.

My husband in astonishing and embarrass gesture turn to me and I said “ don’t let her bad mood and behavior take your peace”. Never to said it was the worse flight ever after that incident. My husband had to take his blood pressure pills again because he didn’t feel well the rest of the flight. If something happens to my husband to the incident , we could pursue a lawsuit against American. We had friend in the flight that are willing to testify as witness,

I understand the flight attendants are place in planes to help people, she could of asked us if we needed help relocating our bags, and if she saw us in the beginning placing the bags incorrectly she could of politely redirected us to another storage bin. There were so many way she could have guided us instead of displaying such a load and rude behavior. We didn't know there was specific designated area for bags.

After an ½ hr. on the air I believe she realize that what she did was wrong or maybe some of the other flight attendants told her she was out of place and as she was walking back and forth the isle she was holding her ID badge in her hand as if trying to hide her name avoiding for us to send a complaint. But in a disregard way one time I saw her name as she approach me, the rest of the flight she put on a red vest to hide the ID badge.

Madelyn knew she did same thing wrong and because of her aggression and rudeness, she placed us and the rest of the people around us in a uncomfortable tough spot the rest of the flight. We will never use American to fly again due to her behavior. But I am hoping that with this report Madelyn will never take her bad attitude , aggression and rudeness with anyone else. I will like to hear from American corporate office in regards to this complaint.

Have feedback for American Airlines?