Toyota Customer Service

Contact Toyota Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-331-4331

Welcome to the Toyota complaints department, home of reviews and feedback about Toyota customer service. Makers of popular automobiles and trucks worldwide, Toyota is one of the world's largest automotive manufacturers. Popular models include sedans like the Camry and Corolla, trucks like the Tundra and Tacoma, and SUVs like the Rav 4 and 4 Runner.

If you are upset at Toyota you can contact the CEO at their corporate headquarters with your complaint. The address for the United States is 19001 South Western Ave, Dept. WC11, Torrance, CA 90501. Although, that address will likely not get you satisfaction if you are upset with your vehicle. The 1-800 toll free number for Toyota customer relations is 1-800-331-4331. A live person is available Monday-Friday from 5:00am to 6:00pm Pacific Time and Saturday from 7:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Time.

The company also has additional contact information listed on their official website. The company is active across all major social media. So, if you have a problem feel free to leave a comment on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube company pages.

Upset with Toyota?

File a complaint here!

Reach Toyota Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Toyota corporate office

• 9 W. 57th Street
    • New York
    • NY 10019

1-800-331-4331

Top Toyota Complaints

I took my 2016 Toyota Camry se for the 10000 mile service. I was given a ride home and back to the dealership, up to that point I was happy with the service, then every thing took a 180 degrees turn. The person who went to get my car scraped the bumper against a wall . They were honest about it and rent it me a car. the car rental took about an hour. I was told at the time that because it was a sunday, the body shop was closed.

They would call me and let me know how long it was going to take to get my car fix. Four days went by, I didn't hear from Toyota, so I called and asked to speak to Juan Cardenas, he is the person who attended me on Sunday. I left a voice mail but never heard from him, next day, friday, I called again but Juan was off so I left a voice mail for Bruce, Juan's replacement. I did not hear from Bruce, so I called back to speak to the service manager, Steve, I left a voice mail did not hear from him either.

Why not take 5 minutes and keep the customer inform. Why advertise express service, easy to book appointments. Sunday appointments when they don't take a minute to inform a customer. I still don't know the status of my car.

Comment (0)

I have bought four Toyota Camry's from 2000 - 2013 as my last Camry. With all my Toyota Camry's, Never had any major problem except the 2013 Toyota Camry (XLE) (4 Cylinder). I bought the car as new and I have complained in regards to why the car shudders (tremble) when I brake and there is no problem with the rotors nor the brake pads.

Could you, "Please kindly have this inspected because my family/Ohana is at stake since I am upset that one of these days something might happen and it is going to cost my family's life. I bought it at John Elway's Ontario Toyota Dealer. Please, Send me some positive feedback and have the brakes inspected and rotors and to why this problem is occurring. I am at your mercy and my family means a whole lot and their safety.

Comment (5)

I have only one Toyota dealership in my area (without driving over an hour). I have had issues with this dealership in the past (mis-diagnosis or ignoring preventive issues, nickel and diming me with charge after charge) and vowed to never use them again. Unfortunately I had to bring my truck there for the rust recall (February 2016).

They stated that my chassis was 'marginal' but is okay. A few days later I had the opportunity to view and photograph the chassis and was amazed how much rust and steel separation there is. And that's 'marginal'? I disagree. Photos are attached for your consideration. Second recall came regarding the leaf springs (June 2016). They told me immediately that the leaf springs need to be replaced. "Will be about 4 weeks to get the material." That was June; nothing yet. No contact to update me on status.

I do not wish to put myself (and others) in harm's way due to their substandard inspections of serious safety issues. View the attached and advise your thoughts. I know it is difficult to go my pictures alone but this is a serious concern of mine. I would also like some kind of status update on the leaf spring replacement.

If deemed necessary by you I would like to get a second opinion of this issue. I am willing to drive the extra distance in lieu of visiting the local dealership. I have a few more pictures as well and would be glad to get as many as you need for a proper diagnosis. I also wanted to get my concerns recorded somewhere other than the local dealership.

Comment (0)

I have two Toyota's both has been nothing but trouble. First is my 1994 Toyota Celia GT with a 2200 5 speed love the drive and ride but I have motor problems with it it spun a rod bearing. I fixed that took it up the road done the same thing so I put crankshaft and bearings in it went up the road done same thing again. I have done so much to this car still can't drive it I put a new head on it and been working on it all time I'm disable and I can't do much more to it I'm on fixed income can't afford anything else.

And I have a 1988 Toyota corolla wagon 1.6 5 speed love the way it drives and rides but I been working on it also. I put a head on it didn't help so I rebuilt the carb and had to run vac hoses. I thought I had it opened up great runs great he put in it went up the road it shuts down when you give it gas want pull I done everything but still no luck sits still runs good but not when you try to move it I like Toyota. I always wanted a good one I didn't have to work on but I have not had one yet.

I have a 2000 Ford mercury it has 360,000 miles on it it is rough but it still runs great I have to drive it because I can't afford to put more money in the Toyota's. I just wanted one fixed so I could drive but I cant and I don't make enough to buy anything else just bad luck I guess.

Comment (0)

I've been a loyal customer for the life of my truck. I bought an extended warranty with the purchase of my truck. However, Toyota did nothing in my claim of having an original driveshaft. I still had to pay to replace my driveshaft. Well, Toyota is loosing my business. But I'm sure this means nothing to you. Toyota apparently doesn't value their customers. I repeat, Toyota doesn't value their customers

Comment (11)

The windshield on my 2016 Toyota Van has a 15" stress crack. Nothing indicates any trauma to the windshield. It cracked when we had triple digit temperatures in Los Angeles and the Van was in our driveway facing our house. The wonderfully helpful dealer in Simi Valley looked at it and immediately declared that it is not warrantied. My first Toyota was a 1976 Corona and since than spent literally a few hundred thousand of dollars buying your Toyota and Lexus vehicles for business and personal use. This behavior is not the Toyota honor that I have experienced in the past and hope you will rectify this very soon. A very obvious glass manufacturing defect or the over stressing of the glass in installation must not cost me to fix on a Van that has been used very gingerly by a woman for only 5000 miles and show absolutely no damage other than the crack.

Comment (0)

I took my Tundra 2012 for oil change in Laredo Texas and the Rep tells me a lug on the truck is not threaded correctly. He then tells me if they make the tire rotation the screw will break. I told them that they are the only ones that performed work on my truck. If I want to replace it, it will cost me $100 flat. I didn't mess it up, it was them who did it and now they're trying to charge me for it. It's always the same story here in Toyota of Laredo.

Comment (0)

I got very bad experience with my Certified Toyota Highlander from Toyota Morristown New Jersey. I bought my certified car almost 19k miles and after 4k I start feeling vibration when i am pushing brake. I went to the nearest Toyota Dealer (Toyota Dayton at Rt 130 NJ) they states that I need to change my car’s front pads and rotors. And they got surprised how I got a certified car with that brake condition. They proposed to me to contact Toyota Morristown and ask them to get an Authorization to do the job in the nearest Toyota dealer instead driving 100 miles (round trip) to do my car’s job.

Spoke with the Service Center at the Morristown Dealer, they said, no way and maybe has Toyota Dayton at RT 130 wanted to do extra jobs for my car to pay them extra moneys. I got an appointment to check my car’s brake at Morristown’s dealer, after one hour, one of the Customers Service told me that’s true I need to change my car’s front brake and rotors and it’s going to be for free because my car still under warranty. But he apologized because they don’t have them on Stock. I got surprised, asked him, how come you don’t have pads and rotors for 2014 Highlander, how I am going to drive my car?

He gave me an appointment after one week. I went home and after 2 days I checked my car history in Toyota Owner Website, I found that he mentioned in my car history that my car needs front brake pads and rotors but the Customer does not want work done, Client Declined the Service. Went back on my appointment date, drove 100 miles (round trip) to finish my car’s service, after 3 hours and half waiting, the Customer service told me that they just changed the pads and resurfaced the rotors. Told them I am not happy, waiting 3 hours and half for getting an incomplete job, you promised me last week to change pads and rotors, he said no, we have to try to cut the rotors first, asked him why you have changed in my international vehicle report, lying and saying that the customers declined the job, I got no answer.

Spoke with the Service Center Manager to get answers for my question, nothing and still nothing. Wish I can get someone who can help me to change my Car history report and to take action with them. As much am really happy with my Highlander, but really I am surprised how come Toyota can’t take any action with them? I have already opened 2 cases with Toyota and didn’t get any responses.

Comment (1)

I bought two vehicles from a 2016 Toyota Tacoma and 2016 Avalon it was an Impulse buy the Avalon is $1,100 a month to Tacoma is $1,000 a month. I have tried everything every car dealership to get rid of this to lower my payment but everybody laughs at me my family and myself has been taken advantage of. I'm looking for someone to correct this and yes I have good credit but they took my family to the bank. They charge me 10% for the Toyota Tacoma and 11% for the Toyota Avalon and yes my family struggles now. If there's anyone with a conscience in Toyota corporation someone will contact me. Thank you it's only a matter of time before I will have to surrender the vehicles.

Comment (0)

My 2003 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 4x4 is still for sale. It has 178k miles, automatic and clear title. The price was reduced at $3700 as I need to sell it before October 15th, when I'll be leaving with my unit Brigade Combat Team back to South Korea replacing the troops scheduled to come home. The deal includes free delivery as you may know we can ship a car/bike/etc from home to the base and back one time in a year for free. The vehicle will arrive at your address in 48 hrs so my presence it's not necessary cause I have everything arranged with Amazon. You will have 5 days testing period before I receive any money and if by any reason you find something you don't like about, you can send it back on my expense and you will receive a full refund of your money. The title is clean and free of any loans or liens.

Comment (0)

The complaint I have and keep hearing from people who also bought Toyota Sienna vans is that the air bag light comes on. If all seat belts and all chairs are in a perfect position, sometimes the light goes out. We put up with this for years as I saw friends go to the dealer and dish out hundreds of dollars and still have this problem.

I replaced the seat belt that was the one that was always hanging up and things were fine for awhile. The air bag light is on again and now a new problem has come up. If so many people have this problem why not a recall to keep customers coming back?

Now, one by one all the warning lights came on. Bob Richards Toyota in North Augusta, SC, said the ABS is going out and all lights will come on, even when my car is not on. This condition will drain my battery. Toyota said the ABS system needs to be replaced. So, $2,970. later the lights go out for three days. Then guess what? The airbag light came back on. The Service manager said the next thing they recommend to do is replace all wiring to each seat belt at $700.00 each.

Is this a China revenge? Do you think thousands will soon learn you do not have a good product?

Comment (0)

On Sept 28, 2016 I had a 9:30am appointment to have my 16,000km service performed on my 2016 Tacoma. After checking in with service reception I wanted 15 min and watched as other customers arrived after me, be called by their advisor. I complained to reception that I was still waiting for an advisor and was told he would be with me shortly. The advisor I was scheduled with was dealing with two customers. I mentioned this to reception and she finally switched me to an advisor that was free.

The service being performed on my truck was basically an oil change and propeller shaft lubrication. I also asked them to change the keyless entry to open all doors not just the driver door and if there was a way to keep the radio on when the engine was turned off. I told reception & the advisor that I was waiting on site for my truck. At 11:30am I was still waiting for my truck, so I walked outside only to see my truck in the waiting for service isle. I spoke to the advisor, who after checking on the status of my truck said it would be another hour wait.

You can imagine my frustration at being told this. I have received nothing but good service from your dealership in the past, but today experience has made me think twice about returning. The total bill for today was $183.79 with tax, for basically an oil change and lube. I know other checks were done, but this amount is ridiculous. The advisor offered to include a no charge oil change at my next visit. Not sure if that means the next (32,000km) service will be free or they will just remove the $41.05 and include the $84.70 in labour.

I finally got my truck back around noon, only to find that the keyless entry adjustment had not been addressed. The advisor was able to get a tech out and remedy that problem. So, three hours later and $183.79 lighter I finally left.

Comment (0)

I am writing this letter of complaint and my dissatisfaction with the Toyota Dealership Piercey locate at Milpitas, CA that I bought my Corolla at. I had a terrible experience and felt like they not only wasted a lot of unnecessary time with negotiations as well as being sneaky about the different costs of packages. The employee who is financial manager charging me more money than was explained to me.I've been a big supporter of Toyota for over 10 years so I am deeply disappointed by my recent experience with the company. Their costumer server never calls back to me.

Comment (0)

I took my 2008 Toyota RAV4 Sport, JTMBK32V886049596, into Dick Dyer Toyota, 240 Killians Commons Parkway, Columbia S.C. 20203 on April 13, 2016, with a complaint of a roaring noise at all speeds. I asked about the Warranty Repair for which I had received a Notice. The service advisor stated that a technician would have to verify that the noise was indeed coming from the rear, and was the part covered under the warranty. If the covered part was not the problem, I would be charged a fee for the diagnosis.

The problem was diagnosed as the Rear Differential Coupling and therefore covered as a Warranty Repair. The service advisor stated that the repair would be completed by the end of the day. On April 14, 2016, I was informed that the parts to repair the vehicle were on backorder and it would take a few more days. On April 16, 2016, I was informed that the Dealership could not determine when the parts would be available. I asked to speak with a Manager about a rental car and put into contact with Chris Ayers. Mr. Ayers offered the use of a Toyota Camry, without charge, until the repair was complete. I told Mr. Ayers that we purchased the RAV4 because we needed the cargo space and that a Camry would not meet our needs. Mr. Ayers stated that he was doing us a favor by offering the rental vehicle without a charge and that we should be grateful and not complain.

On September 21, 2016, I received a voicemail that stated that my vehicle was ready for pick up. I made contact with the service advisor on September 22, 2016, and was informed that although the repair had been completed it had no effect on the growling noise. When I asked what was causing the problem I was told that the service advisor and the manager would test drive the car and get back with me. I had not heard from the service advisor by 5:00 PM on September 23, 2016, so I called the Dealership and scheduled an appointment for 7:30AM September 24, 2016.

On September 24, 2016, I met with the service advisor, Victor, and the Service Manager, Chris Ayers. I was informed that the problem with my vehicle persisted and that they believed that the sound was now coming from the front of the vehicle. I commented that the sound had always come from the rear and that their technician verified the source, which is why it was a warranty repair. Mr. Ayers stated that the sound from the rear was so loud that they did not notice the front noise.

I told Mr. Ayers that I had seen the repair procedure online and that T-SB-0080-13 called for the use of instrumentation to confirm the location of the sound. At this point Mr. Ayers became insultingly contemptuous and stated that I could either take my car and go or leave it for further diagnosis. When I asked about the cost of diagnosis Mr. Ayers stated that he could not quote a price but costs started at $50. As I drove the car home, I noticed that the sound was louder than before the repair, and I could not determine with certainty the origin of the sound.

In conclusion, this ordeal with Toyota has lasted 5 months and two weeks. During this time, I have endured the inconvenience and hardship of not having the cargo capacity of the type of vehicle that I purchased. Then, when my car is returned, I discover it has the same problem as before the repair, only louder. Finally, the Service Manager tells me that they cannot identify the source of my problem and that it will cost me an indeterminate amount just to identify the problem.

I have looked on the internet and I see that Toyota is very aware of noise problems with the V6 RAV4. Forums tell horror stories of fixes that do not work (T-SB-0130, TC1007), that lead to transmission replacement (TC1008), or lead to transfer case replacement, which may or may not resolve the issue. The Service manager at Dick Dyer Toyota has made it clear that my out-of-pocket cost for identification and repair of this problem are of no concern to him. Obviously, I am not prepared to proceed with such uncertainty and potential expense. Toyota should cover known problems of this magnitude by a recall. However, lacking that option, I am requesting assistance in resolving this problem as well as help with the potential continuing costs of resolution. The scatter shot approach the dealership is recommending is reprehensible and financially untenable.

Comment (0)

On Friday, September, I went to the local Toyota dealer for advice in selling my 2009 Toyota Camry which I had purchased there. The employee I talked to looked at my car, and told me to ask $7,000. It is in very good condition except for a dent in the front fender. He advised me to not have the dent repaired, for which I had an estimate of around $800.00.

I returned the next day, and talked to a man wearing a black shirt, who I think might have been the manager, because the other employees were wearing red shirts. After some conversation, he told me he could give me $6,000. I drove home, removed everything from my car, and returned to the dealer. The man in the black shirt was busy, I think selling a new car. I had to wait a very long time, over an hour without an acknowledgment, before he came to talk to me. Without any further conversation, he told me that he could give me only $5,000. This was maybe two hours total since he had offered $6,000.

I am a 95 year old widow living in a retirement facility. I am very nervous about advertising and attempting to sell by myself, and the man who reduced his offer knew that I was concerned, and he took advantage of me.

Comment (0)

Disgruntled Toyota customer. I have the pleasure of experiencing poor service within the Toyota service department on multiple occasions. Most recent occurrence starting yesterday September 8, 2016. I brought my 2011 Toyota Avalon in for a scheduled maintenance appointment. My appointment was at 6pm and I arrived about 530pm give or take a minute or two. I patiently waited until almost 715pm for service to be completed. After I paid for the service, I proceeded to leave. I heard a noise in the tire well which prompted me to get out of the car and look where I discovered a moderate amount of oil on the driver’s side front tire.

After looking further there was also oil on the ground under the car. I pointed this out to Denise Mitchell who was obviously bothered and she asked a technician to come to her. The technician proceeded to ask what was wrong when he was then instructed to take the car to the back and put it up on the device so they could look at it. I then waited another 20-35 minutes where I had to inquire on the car status as I saw it sitting in the bay. I was then informed by Denise the car was ready and that a component had to be replaced. I then informed Denise that the car was not fixed as it was still visibly leaking oil. Denise again obviously bothered looked and stated "We are going to have to give you a rental car. I apologize but I will call you."

As of 301pm September 9, 2016 the next day, I have not heard from Denise or anyone at Germain Toyota. I left a voicemail for service manager Dave Huff on September 9, 2016 @ 200pm with no response. I then called back and requested Denise @ ext 5381 and was again transferred to voicemail. I called back a third time where I explained the reason for my call to the receptionist who advised she would get the manager. She then comes back on the line and stated "They said your car is ready ad you can pick it up. Did you still want to speak with the manager?" I then informed her that I did because I would like to know what was wrong with the car. She then placed me on hold and came back on the line and stated "He said he is going to have to call you back."

I then voiced my immediate frustration with still not knowing what was wrong with my car. I then asked for Dave Huffs superior and was informed the general manager named Rich Newsome that is on vacation and is anticipated to return tomorrow September 10, 2016. Receptionist attempted to explain that the manager was with a customer. The really unfortunate thing is I have been a customer for several years and I was skeptical about bring my car back for service because of some of the recent interactions. I am beyond frustrated, I never thought that customers should be treated this way and was I wrong.

Comment (0)

I bought a new Toyota but it turns out they sold me a damaged vehicle. I want corporate to replace it asap.

Comment (0)

I currently drive a 2014 Avalon. I bought my car in September of 2014 with 14,000 miles. I thought I was getting a great deal, as this is considered one of Toyota’s Luxury vehicles. To my disappointment, in the summer of 2015, several issues arose. The trim around the radio and cup holders began to flake. I live in Texas. The summers here are hot, so I decided to crack my windows to prevent the car from overheating. Unfortunately, when I returned, I was stunned to see the leather had bubbled up.

Less than a year from purchasing this vehicle, the leather is severely cracked. This is not okay. I took my vehicle to the dealership to get the trimming and leather seat fixed, only for your employees to tell me that this was my fault, in which they accused me of spilling a drink and that’s why the leather seat was ruined. A month later the radio started turning off inconveniently. I took time out of my day and my job, to take this car to the dealership. I was told they needed to update the software and that was the reason it wasn’t working properly. After having waited for four hours, I was told I need to make another appointment, because they had to order a new radio and were unable to perform the updates. This is unacceptable.

After having brought my car back into the dealership to have the radio replaced and the software updated, currently to this day, I still have the same issue with the radio. Along with the continuous problems with my radio, two of the buttons on the driver side door, fell off and have stopped working. I contacted Travis at one of your dealerships, left 4 messages and after 2 months of attempting to contact, he finally calls me back. I made another appointment, for the radio and buttons, took time out of my day and my job and after having waited three hours I was told they had already replaced the radio and there was nothing they could do. I got my vehicle back, only to find they didn’t replace or fix the buttons on the driver door. Now the leather in the back seat is flaking on this two year old car.

I have contacted the dealership to see what they could do. They are only willing to trade in my car. They will not repair my car and they will not trade in the same car with the same features. The trade in at the dealership where I’ve had so many issues (Toyota of Plano) is offering to trade in my car for less than other dealerships. The only thing they are willing to do is take off $500 on the trade in car.

Comment (0)

I had the service of my vehicle last week and asked them that my vehicle doesn't pick up in first gear or second gear while the AC is on. your employee give the statement no other diesel car pick up while the AC is on. But as I confirmed from other people having same model with diesel they said it works properly. This is the misguidance Your employees give to the customer. And the cleaning is also poor they have given my car back with wet mats and due to wetness it makes smell in the car.

Comment (5)

My 2003 Toyota Tundra has severe rust on the underside of the truck. There were two recalls to address this issue. I brought my truck in both times, one for rust on a gas tank support which they replaced and one for rust on the frame. For that, Toyota took the truck for approximately 2 weeks and had it undercoated, the undercoating peeled off after two years. Now the rear axle housing has rusted through and is leaking oil. I called customer service and they said the rear axle housing is not covered by the recalls.

Toyota customer service is absolutely useless.The truck obviously has issues with rust on the underside of the truck, but they refuse to cover anything else but specific parts. I've had cars and trucks in the past and I've never seen a rear axle housing rust through like my Toyota Tundra.

This by the way, is the second Toyota I've owned that has had severe rust on the bottom. I also own a 96 Ford Ranger that has none of these problems and it is 7 years older! The recalls for premature rust is a good indicator that Toyota uses inferior steel, but they won't fully commit themselves to all the rusting components. The parts alone cost over $3000.00, from Toyota, plus labor. Needless to say, this will be the last Toyota I will purchase!

Comment (0)

I bought a 2009 Tacoma at Elk Grove Toyota in CA. After everything was done I asked about the owner's manual - for safety and maintenance - the 1 carried in the car. I was abused and bullied. Never did get the manual. They sold me a service contract; I was assured I could use my local repair shop since I live a distance away. I later call the 800# to verify this - no, no, no - I had to use a Toyota shop. I go back to Elk Grove Toyota. They kept telling me I realty wanted to use a Toyota repair shop, especially theirs. The called a local repair shop a "Mom & Pop" shop - very abusively. When confronted about their attitude, they all went into a huff and pouted.

I was sold a Detailing treatment that was supposed to a Toyota program and "Only Toyota had a lifetime guarantee on their treatment. I called the 800-331-4331 to get the address of the CA regional office to send a written complaint, as well as the corporate office. Get called back - there is no address for the CA corporate office and no such detailing treatment. If I want anything I have to go back to Elk Grove Toyota. I notice the negative complaints about Elk Grove Toyota in Yelp seem to be from women or people with non-typical American names. The positive comments are from men with typical American names.

Comment (0)

On 7/28/2016 we took our 2004 Sienna Van to have it checked before we go on vacation. The van has 60,000 original miles on it, it was serviced in Renton Washington and they called us and said that the wheel bearing on the drivers front was making a little noise and should be replaced. They said it would cost about $1,400 dollars. We asked what would cause it to go bad and they said just wear and tear. We have had about 20 Toyota cars 4 wheel drives and what have you and never had to replace a wheel bearing. The service department called and said we saved you some money it will only be $1,000 dollars not $1,400. They then said that since the Van has so few miles on it we need to have the water pump and timing belt replaced, guess how much it was going to cost?

You guessed it $1,400. They said that since the car has so few miles the 100,000 mile stuff needs to be done right now before we drive it anymore. Now my wife will no longer ride in the car because of what they told her at the dealership. We bought a 2014 Corolla Ecco with less than 10,000 miles on it last year, and a woman called and said that we need to take it to the dealership and have the Airbag replaced right away, it can explode and send metal into the riders face, so my wife will not ride in our new car either, I need to talk with someone about what is going on please, someone that can make things happen!

Comment (0)

I am writing this letter to express concern about an issue I have experienced with my 2011 Toyota 4-Runner, VIN JTEBU5JR0B5057954. I have been a loyal Toyota customer for many years. This is the second 4-runner I have owned and I had every expectation of owning many more in the future.

A few weeks ago, the driver side door handle broke in my hand as I was attempting to exit my vehicle. I am 130 pounds and the only driver. Shocking as it was, I realize things do break so I was not overly excited but a bit disappointed.

This week while my car was at Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge, VA for maintenance (about $1000), I requested also that the serviceman repair the door handle. To both our astonishment, the handle cannot be replaced without replacing the entire door panel! $1300. And of course I was told that the car will never pass state inspection without a handle.

I would like to request that Toyota look into assisting me with this repair as a loyal customer for so long. My immediate position is that the handle was defective but I can’t prove that and the car is not new but it is in great condition. Only $50K miles. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Comment (0)

Dear Toyota Complaint Department, I've been a loyal Toyota customer for many years with different Toyota vehicles and I presently own three Toyota’s. I purchased my Highlander in 2011 at McGee of Hanover, MA. with an extended warranty. First of all I am very satisfied with my 2011 Highlander except for one annoying problem that I've been dealing with for four years. Just after a year of ownership I had a problem with the rear lift door. I wasn't very happy with the problem happening on a brand new vehicle but realize things do happen.

McGee service department took care of the problem and reassured me should anything go wrong with the door that it would be on there service file and they would take care of it. I was told the bolts that hold the lift door in place were to small which caused to door to go off track. Which is the purpose of this complaint. Shortly after I purchased the Highlander I moved to Florida and I come back to Massachusetts each summer. I have the vehicle serviced twice a year by Toyota service once at McGee in MA. and once at Venice Toyota in FL. I take very good care of all my vehicles.

After the first year of ownership and the rear hatch being fixed every time I took it in for service I complained about the rear hatch door squeaking when opening and closing to both dealers. A month or so after it being serviced the squeaking would come back. Before I left Florida this June I had it serviced again at Venice Toyota and the squeak came back, I then took it to another mechanic and he told me Toyota only sprayed the piston for a quick fix but the piston was bad. I think thats all either dealership ever did. I decided to take it back to MGee in MA. where I purchased the vehicle not realizing that my extended warranty had just ran out. When I returned to McGee in July of this year and explained the problem to them I was told there was nothing they could or would do even knowing the rear door hatch had a problem. This is not the way I thought Toyota would treat a loyal customer after spending over $40,000 on a vehicle.

Vehicle information:
Make 2011 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vin 5TDDK3EH4BS090135
Purchase Date 07/22/2011
Portfolio Plan B 5yrs. - 75,000 miles
Current Milage 79,000 miles

Comment (0)

I did a little digging into the history of the company before I complained. Toyota Motor Corporation was founded by Kiichiro Toyoda in 1937, branching out from his father's Toyota Industries to venture into creating automobiles. TMC is now part of Toyota Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world built around multiple companies that have been started by or maintain relationships with TMC and Toyota Industries.
Toyota has become the world's leader in sales of hybrid electronic vehicles and mass produces millions of parts for Toyota, Lexus, Scion, and other vehicle brands. The company headquarters are located in Toyota, Aichi, Japan. North American customers can mail letters to 19001 South Western Ave. Dept. WC11, Torrance, California 90501.

I paid over 40k for my 2014 Avalon limited hybrid at Cumberland Toyota in Cookeville, TN. I recently took it in to them for the 24 month maintenance and asked the service guys to check for any navigation updates since I had been seeing some errors and missing streets including the one I live on. I was informed that an update was available but that it would cost me 216.00. This is ridiculous. Why is this not part of your service and covered under the 36 month bumper to bumper?

The street I live on is seven years old and shows on every GPS I've looked at but it doesn't on the Avalon. This tells me the map wasn't even up to date when I bought the vehicle. I have been buying new Toyota's for the past 25 years but that may change.

Comment (0)

My daughter was given a 2004 Toyota Camry by her grandmother who had bought the vehicle brand new. My daughter absolutely loved this car and took such good care of it. On 07/16/16 she was in a bad car wreck in this vehicle a driver ran a stop sign both parties were driving approximately 50+ miles and hour the other driver was in a 2000 Ford Explorer.

My daughter to boned the xpl in the back wheel area on the drivers side. The xpl side air bags were deployed. My daughters Camry had major front end damage and the air bags didnt deploy and the seat belts on any of the occupants did not lock. They all were slung forward sideways etc. Why would this of happened? Is there a problem that has been missed? This car was in tip top shape and had been to the dealer numerous times to address any recalls.

Why did the air bags not deploy and seat belts not lock?

Comment (0)

I have owned Toyota's since 1979. I have never had any complaints with this company. What is funny I get a discount with GM my husband worked there for 41 years.... He owned GM products. As of now I don't think I would buy another Toyota product. I have a 2007 Tacoma, love the truck, It is on recall for the frame. I have been waiting since February 2016 for a frame. The dealership I went to is Lancaster Toyota on Manheim Pike. The service person I was dealing with has since left that dealership. I had a 1998 Tacoma, which they bought back I then purchased the 2007.

I really don't feel safe driving around with this truck with a bad frame. I have a friend of mine that they gave him a brand new truck to drive until his frame comes in. This has been over 6 months he is still driving the new truck his is sitting at the dealership. Why wasn't I given this same option. Again, thank you for your time for what it is worth... I understand there are a lot of trucks on recall but seeing I have been supporting your company since the late 70's I just think what you do for one customer should be for all.

Comment (7)

Owner of 2009 Avalon limited. vin 4t1bk36b89u334145. Received warranty enhancement notification ze6, pertaining to melted dashboard, cracked and sticky. went to dealer, al Hendrickson Toyota in coconut cree4k, florida on October 10, 2015. They confirmed problem, said parts were ordered and it would take about 2 months. Sometime in feb. 2016 went back as I heard nothing from them. They said they checked on their computer and the parts have not come in yet? Now it is the first of June 2016, no word from dealer or Toyota. why send out enhancement notice if you have no intention of following through. This is my second Avalon, have owned 3 or 4 camry's before, now thinking of going to Nissan.

Comment (0)

I'm really sad to see the difference between what Toyota says about quality and what happens with the services provided by the dealer in Romania that also hosts Toyota Romania. It is about Inchape Motors and Toyota Bucuresti Nord service. I bought my RAV 4 in 2007 from them. In 2013 I think I went to service to change the chock absorbers for the front wheels. They changed the absorbers bout that didn't change the rubber hood protections.

When I asked why, they said I have not asked for. It looks I should be trained in all parts of a car but they do not have any obligation in informing me about some small parts to be considered. When I asked what this implies, they said it is almost the same work work as for changing the absorbers and they will not gonna do it because there is no impact. I found out that a reduction of 20% in the life of absorbers is reduced if it gets dust inside. Who pays for this reduction? The owner and the customer.

In 2015 I went for the yearly revision and after this I went to mandatory two years technical check also to the same service. My car failed the test because of the breaking system. The break disks were damaged and the mechanics didn't proposed me to change them. I started to ask how this happens and the GM of Toyota Romania came down. After discussions he told me "Mr. Popescu, I do not have time to lose with you. If you want we'll meet in the court" ...

In 2016, January, going for holiday. On highway I had to add screen washing liquid. Trying to close the engine hood - impossible. Finally, I succeeded. Meanwhile I changed the service for one in another city. I went for the yearly technical revision and I asked them to check my engine hood. My engine hood was changed in 2008 at Toyota Bucuresti Nord and it was not prepared at the standards at all. From the Toyota Craiova I found out that the internal nervous had to be glued with a special glue, then it had to be painted and so on. The outside paint almost disappeared after 3-4 years maximum, but I thought maybe it is normal for repainted parts. I was wrong.

When I queried Toyota Romania customer services, I was told their colleagues Toyota Bucuresti Nord reported they did the change in quality standards. I asked Toyota Romania if they also considered the testimony of Toyota Craiova who says the opposite... No answer... It is so bad to find out after years that what you learned is not true. When I learned about the quality I learned about Toyota. The car is OK, the services are not. The dealers are bad. The quality chain should be integrated. Maybe I can find a translation to "Toyota ta e si Toyota mea" (Romanian) that means "your Toyota is like my Toyota"...
Maybe Toyota will read this message and will do something. Anything. I hope they are interested in customer feedback.

Comment (0)

Insurance behaving badly with my wrecked Toyota. I need to file a claim with the corporate office immediately to fix it. How can I contact the Toyota CEO?

Comment (0)

I purchased a 2016 Prius C in March of 2016 and I have very serious buyers remorse. I traded in my 2011 Toyota Corolla. As a consumer, I am probably to blame, however in my defense, much of what I am going to complain about has pretty much been standard in Toyota cars, but the new Prius C do not have them.

No sound when locking or unlocking the doors on the car. When I questioned the dealer they said, "oh yeah, you just need to go in to the settings and change it". I found out on Saturday, April 7th that Toyota did away with that for only 2016 Prius C's and Yaris. It took the service department 1 1/2 hours to figure out (after they finally contacted Toyota) that it didn't come equipped with that feature, nor could I get that feature.

The seat has not adjustment mechanism. you can only move the seat backwards and forwards. (not up and down) And since I am a short person, that sucks. There is no alarm system on the car. I thought the panic button on the key was for the alarm system. Nope. It did not come equipped with one.

There is a back-up camera but no sensors if you get too close to an object, person, child, etc. I decided on a Prius C because I know several people who have the C and they love it. But all are prior to the 2016 model. The thing that really makes me angry is that the dealership had absolutely no idea that may of these items were not standard. So now, I am stuck with a car that I will have to put several of these items in after-market.

Comment (0)

On April 20, 2016 I purchased a 2014 Toyota 4-Runner from the Toyota of North Miami dealership. The car was missing a seat latch for one of the second row seats. I was promised (see attached form) I would be sent the latch within a week or so. It has now been 2 weeks and I have NOT received the seat latch yet. I have been unsuccessful in trying to make contact with the salesman.

Comment (0)

On the 4 of April 2016 my Toyota Etios went in to Toyota Durban South for them to replace a timing tension which was part of a recall campaign. I was then later informed that my vehicle had been smashed in the workshop. It is now 4 weeks and I still have not got my vehicle back although they have given me their vehicle to use. I am just frustrated that I have to keep calling them every week to find out what's happening because they don't contact me.

Comment (0)

Toyota TV commercials supporting bank robbers is ridicules and against any common sense in a legal based society. I have purchase three Toyotas in the past and own two of them at the present, but certainly will reconsider my next auto purchase based on whether a auto company continues to makes any future commercials support illegal activities.

Comment (0)

Was in the Toyota Carson Dealership three times first time to talk with salesman face to face about purchasing a new 2016 Toyota Tundra, we talked on the phone numerous times and he had the truck i wanted. The second time to verify the cost and put down a deposit I planned on paying cash in the next couple days waiting for escrow to close. Diane Whitmire his boss was very rude and said we don't take deposits and kinda was rude to the salesman also, right in front of me and other customers, she couldn't even be courteous enough to greet me when Mike introduced me to her. She has a terrible bed side manner and can't get even stand up to acknowledge customers. Acted like she didn't want me to get the truck from the get go. Told Mike we don't do things like that in front of me.

Talking to him on the phone was the reason I went over there to buy the truck instead of Cerritos, she is the reason I didn't buy it there. She shouldn't be dealing with people at all. I worked for the Fire Dept. for 28yrs. and i will definitely pass my experience of to my fellow fire fighters. Your salesman Mike Black is new but very personable, friendly and works to get you a good deal and sale a vehicle. I will not ever go back there. Mike tried to get me back in even said I can come in on her day off and buy the truck. To late sorry.

Comment (0)

Main issue is with the braking and sometimes accelerating. Every time I try to stop the car, it seems like it doesn't want to stop. Even after I think it has stopped, it's still moving and I have to brake harder for it to completely stop. It is especially frustrating in traffic. Also, when accelerating, the car feels like it is having trouble getting speed, it's like it has the hiccups or just gulping for air (putt putting away). For a car that a little over a year old, it's very disappointing to drive in a car that I don't really feel safe in. I have to wonder sometimes if it's going to run into someone one day. I'm a careful driver and always brake within good distance but if I'm braking and the car doesn't want to stop...that's scary and drivers in front of and behind me are probably scared too. I just need this issue resolved. My local dealership doesn't seem to car much, I've brought up this issue before and nothing has been done.

Comment (0)

I have A 2013 Avolon Limited. I had a recall on pre-collision system. I had it disconnected due to recall letter on December 15,2015. I paid extra for this feature which is not working now. It was important that I had this feature. My Vin number is 4T1BK1EB1DU052749. This is not my first Avolon Limited but it will be my last. Other cars have this feature but they still have theirs working. I feel Toyota is not the company it use to be. They should have a fix by now.I have had my head liner replaced because it fell twice. I was told it was a problem with this car. I had the back of the seats fall due to recall. I have had the control panel on side of front seat replaced twice. I use to love Toyota but not now. Can You tell me when my Pre- collision will be fixed. If not soon I will replace my car but not with a toyota.

Comment (0)

Paint not properly done to match what is found in my car. I'm furious at Toyota over this!

Comment (0)

I had a small problem in my Toyota hillux. We bring our car in Toyota service center in Dodoma (Tanzania). Their manager said that they will give back our car same day. But same evening he said that that have not fixed all issue so they need some more time and will be given our car by next day 11.00am. But whole day we are waiting and they said that they have internal issue. Very poor service.

Comment (0)

I bought a Toyota car which was purchased on September 2014. But almost one year in my car is having problems. The screw cover at back side was cracked. See attach photo.

Comment (0)

I contacted both the dealership and Toyota head office in Ontario, long story short they will not do anything for me. said it was because there was rust on my rotors that no warranty was possible (whoever heard of such BULL). All kinds of scenarios are going around in my head as to what they did or did not do like using cheap or used parts or not even doing any work but charging me anyway. I have been a customer for 10 yrs but not anymore, just bought a brand new car from another dealership and did not even consider Toyota.

Comment (0)

I am a first time Toyota customer from Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies. After visiting my local dealership during a sale promotion on July 8th 2015, All my interest was focus on the Hilux 3.0 4x4 Diesel pickup. I request a quotation and based on all the items listed on that document, a payment was made towards a Hilux. However, upon receiving this vehicle, a Roll Bar was not installed. I agreed to take possession of the said vehicle on the condition that attempts will be made to rectify this issue in the shortest possible time.

I received the vehicle on Sept. 11, 2015 after which, many follow up's, verbal and via email with even an alternative that is close to what is outstanding, six (6) months have now past and no positive response. I humbly seek the assistance of your good office, to assist in rectifying this poor after sale customer service rendered by the Toyota Brand in Trinidad.

Comment (0)

In May 2015 we purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma for my son. When he took the truck in for some routine service in Feb 2016 he was informed that the frame on the truck has extensive rust corrosion & is cracked. Toyota “customer experience center” is not offering any help with this. In trying to help my son, my research has found this. Toyota had to recall several of these model trucks due to them being manufactured with frames that lack adequate rust corrosion protection. The frames are prone to excessive rust corrosion making them unstable & unsafe to drive. Toyota received numerous complaints about this problem and they issued extended frame warranties (15 yr. / unlimited mileage), but only on vehicle years 1995 – 2000.

In December of 2014 (prior to us purchasing the vehicle) there was a recall for Resistant Compound Application on our vehicle. This recall stated that vehicles registered in cold weather states with high road salt use may exhibit more than normal corrosion to the frame. A corrosion resistant compound was applied to the frame on 12/8/2014. To me, it seems my newer model year has the same problems that exists with the 1995 – 2000 year models , but because our vehicle is a 2006, Toyota is not offering any assistance with this problem.

It seems that because Toyota already knew this problem existed, they found a way to not have to potentially buy back more vehicles, by offering the limited service campaign to apply a corrosion resistant compound to “key areas of the frames” on the newer year (2004 – 2008) vehicles. My son is 20 years old, enlisted in the Army, stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. Our family does not have the financial means to replace a frame on the vehicle he purchased less than a year ago, nor should we need to worry about this when this is a problem that is known by Toyota.

I am a Toyota owner, my husband is a Toyota owner … we thought we were doing good by looking to Toyota for a dependable vehicle for our son, and Toyota doesn’t seem to care about this problem. I’ve attached a photo of my sons frame. Remember, this is what the frame now looks like ONLY 14 MONTHS after Toyota claims to have sprayed it with a corrosion resistant compound.

Comment (0)

1000 service check for steering wheel shake. Rotate and align tires. Back in at 4700 miles still same issue. 10 hours later 4 replacement tires. Back 1 week later since 1 of the tires was dated from 2014. Told 45 minutes total to swap tire and check fluids. After 1 hour I checked and they didn't even have the tire nor did they give me an update. Call reception desk to ask service managers name told c.j. Asked for last name she didn't know. It's now 2 full hours and still no vehicle.

Comment (0)

I went to Toyota Bayridge on February 29 at 8:00 am for 2nd service on my new Toyota Camry hybrid 2016 when I return at 5:00 pm the same day nothing done on my car so I complain to the manager mike who find out that nothing is done to my car then he order to change the oil and do the rotation which is done in half hour. After they gave me my car i found out I have to change the front right tire.

Comment (0)

On 8/15/2015 I purchased a used 2012 Toyota tundra truck from Village Toyota Homosassa Florida. The truck was supposed to have had the Toyota certified inspection done before my purchase. When writing up the final paper work on the purchase price of the truck I told the sales and service department to check the tires on the truck because the tread looked uneven and worn. The truck was also pulling to the right while going down the highway. The salesman took the truck to the service department and in twenty minutes returned to tell me the alignment was fine and the tires had a few flat spots from sitting on the lot but were in Toyota specifications. I purchased the truck and a few weeks later it continued to pull to the right and wonder while driving. I took it back for them to look at the alignment and tires again.

At that time the mechanic in the service department came out and showed me that the truck was out of alignment and new tires would make a difference in the way it was wondering and pulling to the right. They proceeded to charge me the $80.00 + dollars minus 10% because I told them it was out from day one. I drove the truck for a few more weeks and decided to get a second opinion from another Toyota dealer in Florida because the truck was still pulling and wondering while driving. The second opinion from the other Toyota dealer cost me an additional $105.00 for them to tell me the tires were the problem and they never should have sold me the truck with them in the condition they were in.

They showed me the uneven tread wear, cupping and the tire tread was below Toyota specs. I proceeded back to Village Toyota the place of purchase to tell them the information I received from the other dealership. A new manager came out and I explained what was going on with the truck since day one . He told me he would let the service department check it out and they in fact said the tires needed to be replaced but it was because I drove the truck 3,000 miles and now they were out of spec. The manager told me that all he would do is sell me a new set of 4 tires for $1,100.00 and deduct $225.00 from the purchase price with everything including a new alignment check.

I told them to go ahead and replace the tires and align it for that price. After the work was completed the bill was over $1,200.00 and I was charge an additional $80.00 for a second front end alignment. I explained the situation to the service manager about the price the manager and I agreed upon with alignment included and he said that was the final price and they wouldn't do anything else for me. I told the service manager that deception about the condition of the tires and alignment from the sales person, service department and new manager have caused me to pay well over $1,400.00 in additional repairs and I would be taking my business to another local Toyota dealership for future service,

Comment (0)

Have been shopping for a 4 Runner. Went to Elizabeth City Toyota 1002 Halstead Blvd Elizabeth City NC 27909. Put 90.00 dollars down on 1/26/16 to hold a vehicle given a receipt # 2009145. Returned on 1/27/16 where deal went South. Told it was too early in the morning to get my cash back on 1/27, they stated I would be mailed a check. No check. Several calls no returned calls. No check still it's 2/23/16. Manager J. Spence, sales person Tully Ryan.

Comment (2)

Air bag warning came off a few days after receiving the recall letter for the passenger air bag. Air bag was replaced on 26 Sep 2015 - air bag warning still on lighted. Advisor and Technician said that is computer problem and another recall to replace the computer will happen soon. A sales representative have been calling me for a new car/extended guarantee. We agree for today(18 Feb 2016) at 1100 AM with the condition that he is going to scheduled an appointment with the service department to look at the air bag warning light. I arrived to Keith Person Toyota at 1055 AM to find out that the sales representative was off today(The manager call him-he said that he was on a medical appointment???).

I walked to the service department to see if he made the appointment for the air bag light - he didn't. I explained to the advisor about my previous appointment back on Sep 2015 and he said that there are no such thing for computer recall. He want to charge $51.00 to check what the problem could be. Another lie from the same dealership. By the way-Is there any recall for the drivers air bag (Takana model)? I haven't received a letter yet if so.

Comment (0)

I am a Toyota customer since 2005 in Saudi Arabia. Currently i am using a PRADO and want to get this transferred to one of my friend. To get this done i would have visited the Toyota branches more than 5 - 6 times and wasted my time getting done nothing. The Toyota customer service manager by the name of Ahmed in Riyadh ( Newly opened branch behind OLAYA street ) handling the leasing department was rude and never tried to help me to get this job done. Today morning when i went again he said he is busy and sorry. I never dream Toyota will have such idiotic people in their department with arrogant attitude to serve the customers spending big ticket money for vehicles.

Comment (0)

I went in to have my regular maintenance done last Thursday oil change,tire rotation etc. well the service guy told me I needed new tires ,brake flush,battery cables cleaned I said no because I ask him to look in computer to find out when I bought tires &new battery from Toyota my car was done in 15 minuets so I ask why they didn't rotate tires they said because I needed new tires. When I got home I popped my hood they did not fill any fluids clean battery cables nothing I was furious! When I left the Toyota service I swore I would never go back!! they were not accommodating at all. They were all new people. If this is the way they treat people u will b loosing clients at this point.

I have been going there for 5 years now and this is my Second Toyota I have never been treated so bad before and I will never go back. I have been faithful about servicing my vehicles there but never again. I wanted to bring this to Toyota's attention so u are aware of the service here in Vero Beach Florida. I hope u can make some changes because now I have to find me a mechanic because they did not fill my oil up all the way. Thank u very much. Debra Neal

Browse reviews of other Cars

Have feedback for Toyota?