Megabus Customer Service

Contact Megabus Corporate

Welcome to the Megabus complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Megabus online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Megabus corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Megabus Contact Information

• Megabus headquarters address

Browse reviews of other Cars

Top Megabus Complaints

Order number AHTCZI
Departure from Miami Intermodal to Orlando, Florida @ 0800 am. The bus was hot and uncomfortable with non functioning air Conditioning.

I had booked a trip from Atlanta to Philadelphia and for starters the bus leaving Atlanta was over a hour late then when we arrived to Washington which I was suppose to have a two hour layover we were late getting there and that bus left. We were put on another bus that was going to Philadelphia but one of the stops were in Baltimore we get to Baltimore only to be told we have to get off the bus cause it’s overbooked and have to wait on another bus! That’s unacceptable I literally had to have some one come from Philadelphia my actual destination drive to Baltimore to pick us up I paid money and didn’t get my full service and the workers were very rude. I called customer service and they were rude and basically told me sorry for the inconvenience I do not want another ticket for another trip because I will never ride a mega bus again and to continue to get bad service as if being told to wait outside in the middle of no where in Baltimore wasn’t bad enough! To treat people like that and you have our money is not right something needs to be done!

My travel from Bristol to Carmarthen. Bus arrived to Bristol bus stop after 1:15 H delay. I asked about my change in Cardiff weather next bus is going to wait or not the answer was hopefully.

Asked driver to turn a/c off for a while due to my 4 year old autistic child was cold arms legs and nose and she did nothing p

The bus was suppose to arrive at 12:05 am n fay on 7/27 we left hour n 20/25 minutes late had to board through the front he forgot to open the back,passengers played loud music on top cursing loud,bathroom smelled bad all way on top,trash ever were,seat broken,ride was rough like he was hiting the shoulder.I have road plenty times first time u could smell dope every were next time it rained on me the back top right side Friday night every stop the boy got off n smoked so he had it on the bus with him.This my first time complaining payef to go back now I am trying to go back early to avoid the same people n I always pay for round trip.Don't feel like I should pay to come back early n loose my money I already paid,something needs to b done.Contact me before Wednesday please r I can assume u don't read the complaints.I am a loyal customer n still tell people good things bout the bus line.

False advertising was rampant for my Megabus trip from Las Vegas to Phoenix. The bus was late. There were no electronic plug-ins. There was no WiFi. There were no seatbelts. This was a big concern since I had my 3 grandchildren ages 5,6,and 9 with me. We were advised that yes there was a bathroom on the bus but were encouraged not to use it especially if we had to go #2 since the smell would spread throughout the cabin. I had called customer service since the time from Phoenix to Vegas was about 5 1/2 hours but the trip back was advertised to be 7 1/2 hours long. No explanation could be given. I had called for help about parking the car in Phoenix for my week long visit to Vegas. The Rep was rude and finally told me that if I had no other questions on other topics then he had other customers to help.

My bus never showed! It was scheduled to arrive at 2:15 pm. I was there before that. Contacted customer service and was told that the bus was running late and should arrive 2:26 pm. Again, the bus never showed. Called customer service again and was told now that it would arrive 2:52 pm. The bus did not show! Contacted Mega Bus customer service and was allegedly told that the bus departed at 2:24pm? I was refused a refund. I was lied to and lost all of my money.

MY COMPLAINT IS I HAVE ROAD ON THE BUS ATLEAST 7-8 TIMES AND LAST NIGHT I SET UP A BUS FROM ATLANTA TO NEW ORLEANS FOR A DRIENDS FUNERAL, GOT THERE AT 19;40 AND THE BUS WAS GONE IT WAS SUPPORT TO LEAVE AT 10;45, I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE I WAS TOLD CALL BACK IN 10 MINS CALL BACK IN 10 ,MINS ..OKAY I CALLED BACK THEN WAS TOLD THE DRIVER STATED HE LEFT AT 19;45 THAT WASNT TRUE.MEGA BUS IS A RIP OFF FOR PEOPLE AND NEEDS TO BE BOYCOUTTED .SO I XALLED BACK THE NEXT MORNING ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR SOME SPANISH GUY COMES ON THE PHONE WITH A ATTITUDE YEAH MY RECORDS SHOW THE BUS LEFT AT 10;45 LIE..MEGA BUS SHOULD IF YOU PAY YOUR HARD EARN MONEY AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS THEY SHOULD ATLEAST PLACE U]YOU ON ANOTHER BUS THE NEXT DAY ARE UPCOMING BUS 4046258272 I KNOW NO ONE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL

Name: Eboni Brunson

Contact: 773-886-3439

This began on January 17, 2018 when the trip was canceled due to state of emergency. I then had to reschedule the trip for January 18,2018. On January 18, 2018thebus arrived almost an hour late. My concern is that the only compensation for this was a 100% cover for another ride within a year. That does not help as I do not use megabus often. This was a one time trip and a poor experience. I spoke to a supervisor by the name of Chantelle roughly around 9:35am today who advised that there was nothing more that she could do. I am seeking for full refund if possible to compensate for the inconvenience of this trip.

My trip #AGV7OYQ was canceled leaving from Columbia,South Carolina to Washington, DC.
I went out to catch the bus but it never showed up until we called Megabus and spoke to Breanna,
She was very rude, not compassionate and very disrespectful. She told me that the trip had been canceled and I was notified via email. The problem is that it would have been courteous of Megabus to call shortly after I booked my ticket. And to get the worst customer service at 3:00. How would she have felt if the shoes were on the other feet. You should train your reps to be courteous and should recommend that they provide resolutions to the problems instead of directing me to my email for my own resolution.
For that alone because you have piss pour customer service, I think that Megabus compensate me in some way for my satisfaction. Something needs to be done. Megabus you were at fault in this one.

I look forward to a postitive resolution. Philip Kebe 727-479-9980

I have used Megabus very often over the past few years and I had been very pleased with the service.

I AM NOT PLEASED NOW.

Today I received an email that Megabus cancelled my return bus trip from Pittsburgh on October 23rd. I had purchased this ticket on July 21st.

This has put me in a terrible position. I made a lot of plans around that departure time. I rented a car, and the car drop off location closes at 6:00pm (and so the alternative "later bus" is not a viable option; nor is the previous day bus because the car drop off location is not open on Sunday).

If I change to a Greyhound bus (leaving around the same time as the bus you cancelled) it will cost me $35 plus booking fees.

And -- to add insult to injury -- I was told on the phone today that Megabus won't refund the $2.50 booking fee that I paid (they'll only refund the $10 cost of the ticket).

This isn't a very good way to treat customers. Had I booked the Greyhound return back in July it would have been cheaper (and I would have booked the Greyhound return -- then -- had I known that Megabus wasn't going to offer a 3:15pm bus back to New York).

It's a terrible way to run a business to cancel service. If Megabus was going to cancel this mid-day bus service (PIT-NYC) it should have done it when it opened up the new schedule back in July. [They shouldn't have offered it back in July.]

I am not happy. And it is going to be difficult for me to trust Megabus bookings in the future.

see above in the rating area.

My daughter and her boyfriend caught the megabus from Des Moines, IA to Chicago and then from Chicago to Nashville, I haven't seen my daughter in 14 years. They were suppose to reach Nashville this morning (12/17/2016) at 10:10 a.m. I was informed that they were going to be delayed 6-9 hours due to a traffic accident. They were detoured and now they are stuck in Indianapolis and it is unclear as to when they will reach Nashville. I have already purchased their return ticket back home and now it seems pointless that either of them to have made the trip. He will get a refund but I was told I would not since it didn't purchase the tickets down to Nashville.

I feel that I need to be compensated also for this inconvenience and emotional turmoil it has pul me through. I will never book with Megabus again after this experience. When I called Customer Service I was basically told tough luck. When I spoke to my daughter when they reached the Indianapolis station they had been stuck on the bus for 15 hours with no chance to eat and were almost not allowed off the bus to get something to eat. I am just livid at the level of customer care that this company has displayed. I feel cheated out of my time and my money.

Spoke with 5 different Megabus operators in an attempt to change reservation. Information was misleading and conflicting. While speaking to the 5th operator I was then told that there were no seats available although empty seat numbers were mentioned previously in phone conversation. Asked to speak with a manger and placed on hold at that time. After about a 2 minute wait, I was then told that there was no manager available and to call back in 30 minutes. Needless to say, when I called back in 30 minutes the office was closed. We were forced to keep the same reservations and pretty much stranded for a day.

I paid for a trip from Indianapolis to Chicago at 2:35 am on September 10. But the bus didn't come at 2:35 am. I thought the bus was late. So I still waited there until 3:30 am. But the bus never showed up. I waited in the dark for another hour after when the bus should have come. It was very dangerous. I called the customer service but as it was 3:30 am no one was working. I had to take the Greyhound bus to Chicago. Thank google map with which I could find where Greyhound station was and I walked there in the dark alone.

After I got Chicago I called the megabus customer service three times about my experience. The first time I was told that no refund. The second time I was hung up while I was speaking. The third time I was told I had to email megabus. I emailed Megabus and got a response 5 hours later telling me that the total amount of delay time does not meet the internal compensation policy. So it is reasonable for Megabus to charge their customers but let the customers wait there for a bus that will never come. So I deserve the wait for nothing? So my money and time and safety should be wasted?

To whom it may concern my bus was cancel on January 17 at 11:55pm. On January 18 I purchased two more tickets January 18 bus at 11:40 p.m then on the way going the bus broke down and then they brought another bus. There was no heat on the bus was so ever me and my grandson got sick. So January 17 two tickets went the waste so I have to buy two more extra tickets. So, what are you guys gone to do to solve the problem? Please contact me.

My children and I chose to ride the Megabus for our trip to Lexington Ky for thanksgiving, and had the very worst experience for our first time riding mega bus. It started off bad having to wait in the cold rain with my newborn baby and my other two small children because the bus arrived over thirty minutes late. It was suppose to depart at 10:55 am and pulled up at 11:28 am and we didn't leave till 11:42. Then once leaving not even riding a good thirty minutes we stop for what was suppose to be a gas fill-up and wind up waiting there and being delayed for an hour because the Megabus driver said the gas card was declined several times. Then the whole time riding on the top layer of the double decker bus there were rain drops falling in on me and my children constantly from on top of the bus which was bad for my newborn baby and the rest of us to have to experience.

So on top of having to endure all of that we didn't get to our destination until almost three hours late past the arrival time, we were due to arrive in Atlanta, GA at 6:45 pm and didn't get there until 9:00 pm. So I am very upset and disappointed with my first time trip with mega bus and would like to have my refund back for the unsatisfying experience my children and I had to endure. Also the very late departures and arrivals as well. Next, I will be registering my feedback with the Megabus corporate offices.

On October 2nd my money was non- refundable because my brother who stays in Nashville,Tn missed his bus because I was not told that the megabus had a new location the problem here is that I am the purchaser and have never been to Nashville so I do not know the addresses down there when I told my brother that I made the reservations he assumed that this was at the same location just as I did and the other 8 passengers that were there also not to mention that the new location does not have a physical address I had to call back to see where this location was and in my email with this new location it does not state the address is the Musician Hall so clearly I would like my refund back because I was not told of a new location I live in Milwaukee the representatives I spoke with were rude and did not allow me to talk to a supervisor something needs to be done about this.

My travel was from Oakland to Los Angeles and I chose Mega bus for this. Mega bus was very comfortable to travel in and I enjoyed the trip. The seats were comfortable and spacious. The bus was on time and the driver was alert throughout the journey making is a safe one. The bus was kept clean and tidy and they had stopped for refreshment keeping passengers requirement in mind. My luggage was kept safely. The drive was smooth and I reached LA on time. Mega bus gives some options on their websites on accommodation which I think would be a suitable choice for many customers for their travel.Megabus is a good option if you want to travel by bus and enjoy a smooth drive.

Have feedback for Megabus?