Amtrak Customer Service

Contact Amtrak Corporate

Amtrak is the largest passenger train transportation company in America. The business strategy aims to deliver a quality, safe and on-time railway passenger services. Their goal is to exceed customer expectation and aim for the best in quality standards.

If you have a problem with Amtrack you can write to their corporate headquarters address at 60 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC, 20002-4285. The best contact number for customer service is toll free 1-800-USA-RAIL or 1-800-872-7245.

Some of their more common routes are California Train Routes, Northwest Train Routes, California Stations, Northwest Stations, Train to Virginia, and the San Joaquin Valley. Amtrak's website promises to give the best daily discounts. Sometimes this causes complaints when billing issues come up.

Additional phone numbers are Group Travel Requests at 1-800-872-1477, Amtrak Guest Rewards at 1-800-307-5000, and Advertising Inquiries at 202-906-4020.

Amtrak Contact Information

• Amtrak headquarters address

• 60 Massachusetts Ave NE Washington, DC 20002-4285

A-

24 hours a day via live chat

Browse reviews of other Cars

Top Amtrak Complaints

The following was sent to Amtrak on September 18, 2018. Besides this I have called several times and have been shuffled from department to department. I have not received any acknowledgement of this message nor have I been treated so poorly since Navy boot camp in 1953,

"September 18, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Joseph DePasquale and on September 6 of this year my daughter and myself had the misfortune of traveling on Amtrak from Schenectady, NY (SDY), to Benson Arizona, (BEN), returning to SDY on September 16. I don't use the word misfortune lightly.

To start with I was not offered any discounts, but later learned that a senior discount could heve been had. In fact my birth date,1937, should have been a tip off. The information came after my trip from an agent who insisted I only paid $3,400(?) for the trip when I have credit card documentation that I paid $4,909. I did not appreciate the agents attitude.

The accommodations were also short of what was promised. IE: four beds, two kings and two queens, and two bathrooms. when in actuality what I had was closer to a single and a cot. In fact when preped for sleeping it was near impossible to walk within the quarters given. I have been led to believe that you have access to recordings of my conversation with sales agents. If so please review them.

At this point I am inserting some of my Daughter's, Mary, comments.

The attitude of the conductor was very rude and condescending. When you told him you were told there would be 2 rooms with an adjoining door his response was "no no nobody told you that". He continued to shake his head no no no while you were trying to explain to him the details of the accommodations as they were explained to you. I said to him so my father is a liar? He snapped his head and shook his hand towards me and said oh nonononononononnononononono you are not gonna go there with me. I told him then he was being extremely rude and dismissive to my 80 year old father and that was not acceptable. He continued to argue we weren't told any such thing...

From Benson AZ to Chicago our car and room were like an ice box. Our attendant even put a towel with duct tape up over our vent which you couldn't turn off. You could turn it down but never off. We spent 2.5 days freezing and so uncomfortable that you slept in a chair in the car ahead. I was under 3 of your heavy blue blankets and still shivering.

Chicago to Sch'dy was better our attendant Miles Thompson was the best attn we had the entire trip. Then the train didn't make it's 2nd stop at the station to let off the passengers in the sleeper cars which happened to be us. Miles ran as fast as he could to the head of the train to no avail. When the conductors came to speak to us they were laughing. I found nothing funny about having our station pass before my exhausted eyes knowing we were Albany bound. When we reached Albany Miles insisted on walking us to the station some 8-10 car lengths to the elevator. He then found a gentleman with a cart and packed our bags and turned us over to his care. My father is in no condition to make such a long walk in 90 degree 100% humidity heat.

In conclusion I would add that the conductor at Albany was extremely blasé about the fact that he blew it in Schenectady stating clearly and often that it was no big deal, but then again he was not 80 years old and could easily walk the 1/4 mile length of the train."

I respectfully ask for an acknowledgement of this message and an explanation for the shoddy treatment I received on my trip as well as on your phone system since my return.

Tried to get info on the Coast Starlight when the Northern Cal fires were interrupting service. Calling Customer Service a waste of time.
Then found out part of the route that was supposed to be train was bus.
Got the station about 10 minutes ahead of departure time and the bus had already left.
No help that day - just a rude c.s. agent who suggested an airplane and said "Well, you should have been there sooner." We were polite. No yelling or cursing, and she was down right rude.
And, show me where on a ticket it says to be there an hour or two ahead of time. Can't find it? Nope,neither could we.
Drove my friend who was the passenger to the next station about 100 miles away. So 200 miles round trip, five hours of my time. AND NO FREAKIN" REFUND????
Called C.S. about a refund. Offered $50 toward another trip. Doesn't even cover my gas. Dealing with customer service is a nightmare - on the phone nearly an hour and transferred three times then told to write the corporate office. You have GOT TO BE KIDDING!
Amtrak - riding the train is fun. I like it. But how about getting your stuff together, training customer service people to be polite, work to satisfy customers and FOLLOW THE DARN SCHEDULE.

My major complaint was with the connecting bus company that was to transport my wife and I from Rochester, MN. to Lacrosse, WI..
I first want to make it clear the bus drivers gave us 5-star service to and from Rochester. They were extremely courteous and friendly.
One small problem was the name of the bus company was not the name on our eTicket ("Go Carefree Shuttle"). This led to a little confusion going to Rochester. The name on the bus was "Groome Transportation".
The problem started before our return trip with an employee of Groome Transporation.
On the afternoon of September 14th, my wife had the forsight to call Groome to make sure we were to be picked-up at the Days Inn Hotel.
Note: The Days Inn Hotel closed permanently, with Groomes' office and an attached restaurant closing soon.
The first time my wife called, the phone rang 3-4 minutes with no one answering the phone. She called back a minute later. The man who answered was surly and disinterested. The man said he did not know anything about the reservation, even though we had reservations to be picked up at 8:15am on the 15th, the next day. Two hours later we called again while at dinner, we were we told we need a reservation number from Amtrak. We then called Amtrak's Customer Service and was told to call the bus company and speak to the dispatcher, which we did. At that time we got conformation. There was a very good chance we would have missed our train connection in Lacrosse.
My wife and I are senior citizens who make this trip to Rochester on a yearly basis, and would like not to deal with this kind of stress again!!

Purchased a round trip ticket for my daughter, Christina Bara, to visit me in Pittsburgh from NYC from August 31, 2018, returning September 4, 2018, Pennsylvanian 43 and 42..

As you are aware there were flooding and engine problems on the trip to Pittsburgh on August 31, 2018, as the trip was never completed. The train could not proceed past Lancaster. My daughter was given bus transportation to Harrisburg, and told there would be arepresentative there to help her and the 20+ others who accepted this option.

Upon arrival at Harrisburg, at about 8:35PM, not only was there any Amtrak representative there, but the station was deserted. I decided to drive to Harrisburg, a distance of about 210 miles, or about 3.5 hours. As we would have to stay overnight in Harrisburg, my daughter got a room at the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg.

The extra cost incurred totaled $364.04
a. Hotel Room- $174.29
b. PA Tpke tolls of $53.75
c. Gas- $55.00- 420 miles @34mpg and $3.05/gallon
d. Train fare-$79-NYC-Pittsburgh

I have copies upon request.

Richard Bara- Amtrak # 5139322241
914-673-8595

My case # is 4706859 no dinning car rude imployees dirty rooms 6 Hours late to wolfpoint 2 Hours late back to Portland I paid $2821 dollars for what I was told was a sweet. Outrageous. I turned down the $500 vouchers. you cost me a hell of a lot more then that. Amtrak knew about the delays in advance and said nothing.l expect retribution $500 is an insult after what we went through.

Hello. I arrived at the Amtrak station in Charlotte, North Carolina on Thursday August 9th at about 6:05 am and checked my luggage (1bag). The train to Washington, DC was to depart at 6:45 am. I am a disabled passenger. As it was time to board, I was waiting at the handicap or disabled bench to get the ride to the train. When the attendant came to pick me up and I got on the cart, he was about to take me to the train, he was informed by another attendant that the train had pulled off and that she had called on the radio twice to inform that there were two more disabled passengers coming, but she did not get a response. We (myself and the other passenger) we left and the attendants apologized to us and informed us that we had to change our tickets to the next morning. This was a great inconvenience to me. I was at the station on time. I was where I was supposed to be at boarding time. I awakened at 4:00 am to prepare for my trip as it takes me some time to prepare myself with my disability. I came about 15-17 miles from Matthews to be there on time. I would like a full refund for the purchase of my ticket. I have been a customer for 15 years. This was just appalling! It is very disappointing and inconsiderate of whoever is responsible for the train leaving us! That it just a blatant disregard for the disabled and the elderly! Your speedy attention to the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sharon B. Mosby

Amtrak train service is a joke!,but I'm not laughing!!The only sure thing with them is delays,delays,delays!!!!You have total disregard for people's lives and time!! My daughter's train was set to arrive in West Palm Beach at 4:30,but she gets a notification that the train wouldn't even be leaving Tampa until 3:30 due to a delay,this is just plain unacceptable!!!and its not the 1st time she comes here often,but it's never been delayed that long.Something has got to be done about this,I'm beyond upset!!!

Safety/medical is my complaint. On July 2, 2018, I travelled for the first time on Amtrak. My health was comprised on Amtrak. I was told that Amtrak was air conditioned. It was not. I was dripping sweat. I am a 69 year old male who had undergone quadruple heart surgery a year and a half ago. A 5 hour trip turned into an eight hour trip as the train was scheduled to arrive at its destination at 8:15pm but did not arrive until 10:45pm. The lack of air conditioning on this very hot day, 98 degrees plus the extended time on the train was a health concern. This could have presented as a medical emergency and Amtrak would have been at fault. I deserve a refund and I am requesting that my fare of $104.00 dollars be refunded to me. My ticket number is 097934872921. My mailing address is 9 Jerilis Dr., Spfld., MA 01119. I sincerely hope that Amtrak takes this matter seriously as this could pose a health risk to other passengers as well. The public deserves better.

I received a $50.00 gift certificate from Jenny Jacobs for my birthday in May of this year. It was our plans to take the train from Bloomington, Ill. To Chicago as I had never been on a train before. On our first attempt Amtrak canceled the trip because the tracks were being repaired. We were offered a bus ride but that defeated the purpose of myself getting to experience the train ride. We rescheduled and were understanding of the situation. On our second attempt we boarded the train only to be told that it had a broken hose and would be delayed for several hours. Because we had theater reservations we were forced to drive up that day. We have attempted twice only to be disappointed each time. Because of the 2 failed attempts we tried to receive a full refund and have been met with closed doors by all other Amtrak personnel . I understand that part of the tickets were a gift certificate but no one seems to understand the disappointment we have with two failed attempts to ride the train. I don’t believe it’s too much to ask for a refund for the full amount of the tickets including the gift certificate under the circumstances. It both instances Amtrak failed to perform the service that we had scheduled and paid for so I politely request that you will do the right thing and issue a full refund to the credit card that was used to purchase this.

Case # 3E103C

On my recent return trip from NYC to Washington, DC I incurred a problem. My original ticket had been mistakenly changed to the wrong date. I was not able to receive the ticket by email, so I did not realize the mistake until I was at the ticket counter in Penn Station. The ticket reservationist was so rude from the get go--not looking at me, and when she couldn't pull up the revised ticket, just said you don't have a ticket. I had given her my ID look up if a mistake had been made. Getting a new one-way ticket through 9 or 10pm was $188, and not in my budget.
I asked if there was a possibility of using Amtrak Guest Rewards and she had no interest in offering the number.
Very rude. She supplied the number for AGR in a very low voice.

The reason I want to send this is to acknowledge the AGR customer service rep, Patty, who was so helpful in getting me on the next train (in record time), and I lost no money in the transaction. Wow she made my day!
I usually have good customer service with Amtrak, as I travel very often. I know there is nothing to say about a very rude employee, but I just had to tell you about Patty. She deserves an honorary mention for customer service.

85 yrs old and should have not taken window seat and did not want to disturb spread out sleeping passenger next to me so I went to the
lounge car to stay the entire trip from oceanside to seattle. In the evening hours a young woman who thought she could sing like patsy cline
along with 4or5 friends were drinking and being very loud and disturbing. This continued to about 10 p.m. and stopped only because they
were about to reach their destination. NO attendant ever came in to tell them to keep noise down. On return trip I purchased a sleeper and no attendant came to show me how to lower the bed and I sat in chair entire trip home! I cannot drive and do not fly and would like to visit my
children again but afraid I'm going to have the same miserable experience and the cost of that sleeper was really more than I could afford!

sincerely Fred kennedy

Train 340 delay 30 minutes cables 4/10/2018
Milwaukee to Chicago

Train 329 cancelled 4/13/2018
How am I suppose to get to work I have a monthly pass
RESERVATION NUMBER 068949 Monthly - April 201
Please reimburse me 50.00for 4/13 and 15 for 4/10

My name is Victor Egitto (ticket # 0150743552484, train 777 CAMARILLO, CA - GUADALUPE-SANTA MARIA, CA. Depart 4:28 PM, Tuesday, January 23, 2018)

On January 23 we were returning from Camarillo CA to Guadalupe California. We arrived 45 minutes prior to the train arrival time. The train arrived about 30 minutes late. The doors of the train opened and there were two conductors at the door. One of the conductors name was Paul, they asked if we had business class tickets and we told them we did not. They then told us to go down the car with the doors open and that the train would wait for us to get there. As we approached the open door, about 20 yards away the conductor looked at us and closed the door. I ran to the door along with my wife (I am a senior citizen) and banged on the door but the conductor was gone. The train started to move and we found ourselves stranded on the platform. This was the last train leaving for the day so we were stranded in Camarillo for the night.

My wife immediately called an Amtrak representative who was less then helpful. She accused us of getting to the train late and that is was our fault we missed it. After a long discussion with her she put us on the next train the following morning at no charge.

This is unacceptable behavior for Amtrak employees from the conductor closing the door after seeing us coming toward her to the rude response we received from the employee on the phone. I have used Amtrak many times but will think twice about using it in the future. This is very disappointing and I would like Amtrak to respond to understand why they would treat customers so rudely. I would also like to be compensated for the added expenses of spending the night in Camarillo.

I would expect a response as soon as possible.

we were given a schedule for the Amtrak Bus leaving St.Petersbrug fl. at 955a.m. on Feb. 2,2018 coming to Jacksonville,fl. upon our arrival at the Bus station in St.Petersburg fl. We were told by the station attendant there was not a Bus departing at 955a.m.we could not purchase a ticket at the station. It was further communicated to us that a bus would be leaving a 3p.m. coming to Jacksonville,fl. The attendant then close the station around 920a.m , locked up and left. All of our plans were cancelled because of our inability to travel at that time. I will not use Amtrak for our travel arrangements in the future. Very poor customer service.

LEFT MERCED CA. TO RENO NV. ON 1/2/18 FOR WIFE'S BIRTHDAY. ARRIVED AT MERCED STATION 50 MINUTES BEFORE TRAIN DUE TO LEAVE SO WE COULD CHECK OUR LUGGAGE 45 MINUTES EARLY AS WE WERE TOLD BY 3 DIFFERENT AGENTS ON THE PHONE. THE STATION WAS NOT OPEN SO I KNOCKED ON THE DOOR. MAN NAMED RICH CAME TO THE DOOR AND SAID ANGRILY THAT HE WAS NOT OPEN YET AND HE WOULD LET ME KNOW WHEN HE WAS READY. BY THIS TIME IT WAS ABOUT 30 MINUTES BEFORE TRAIN WAS DUE TO LEAVE .I TOLD HIM WHAT I WAS TOLD ABOUT CHECKING BAGGAGE AND AGAIN HE SAID THAT WHEN HE WAS READY HE WOULD LET US KNOW. MY WIFE IS HANDICAPPED AND IT WAS VERY COLD AND SHE CAN'T STAND FOR VERY LONG. FINALLY RICH CAME TO THE DOOR AND SAID HE WAS NOT READY BUT WE COULD COME INSIDE AND WAIT. BY THIS TIME IT WAS THIRTEEN MINUTES BEFORE THE TRAIN WAS DUE TO LEAVE AND HE STILL HAD NOT CHECKED OUR BAGGAGE OR TICKETS. SOMEONE HE KNEW CAME TO THE FRONT DOOR AND HE LET THEM IN THEN SPENT THE NEXT 10 MINUTES TALKING WITH THE GUY ABOUT SPORTS. HE FINALLY CHECKED OUR BAGGAGE AND I ASKED HIM ABOUT A HANDICAPPED SEAT FOR MY WIFE AND HE SAID " THE CONDUCTOR WILL AUTOMATICALLY SEAT YOU THERE". THIS DID NOT HAPPEN AND THEY SAT US UPSTAIRS WHERE MY WIFE VERY HARD TIME GOING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS TO THE BATHROOM. I FORGOT TO SAY THAT THE TRAIN WAS 1 1/2 HOURS LATE COMING IN. WIFE WAS SICK BY THIS TIME. IF I HAD NOT ALREADY PAID $321 FOR THE TICKETS WE WOULD HAVE LEFT THE STATION AND NOT GONE. BUS RIDE FROM MERCED TO SACRAMENTO OLD BUS WITH NARROW SEATS.

LEAVING RENO ON 1/5/18: TRAIN WAS SUPPOSED TO LEAVE AT 8:46 AM. WE GOT UP AT 5 AM TO BE SURE WE HAD EVERYTHING IN ORDER AND TOOK A TAXI TO THE TRAIN STATION AROUND 7:15 SO WE WOULD BE THERE THE 45 MINUTES EARLY TO CHECK OUR BAGGAGE. WHEN WE ARRIVED THERE AS BIG SIGN SAYING TRAIN WAS TWO HOURS LATE. THE TRAIN DID NOT ARRIVE FOR ALMOST ANOTHER HOUR PAST THAT TIME. I DO HAVE TO COMMEND THE WOMAN WORKING AT THAT STATION AS WHEN MY WIFE TOLD HER ABOUT COMING SHE SAID THAT THE MAN AT MERCED WAS WRONG AND SHE MADE US NEW TICKETS THAT HAD BIG BOLD TYPE THAT SAID HANDICAP SET ON LOWER CAR. SHE ALSO SAID THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR SEVERAL HOURS AT SACRAMENTO FOR A BUS WHEN I CAN PUT YOU ON A TRAIN THAT GOES TO MERCED. LAYOVER ONLY ABOUT 1 HOUR. THEY PUT US ON THE TRAIN AND AFTER IT STARTED MOVING THEY THEN TOLD US THAT BATHROOMS IN THAT CAR WERE NOT WORKING AND WE WOULD HAVE TO CLIMB STAIRS AND GO TO THE NEXT CAR TO GO TO RESTROOM. AT THIS POINT I WENT AND FOUND THE MAIN CONDUCTOR AND COMPLAINED WHILE SHOWING HIM MY WIFE'S TICKET. THAT IS ALL I NEEDED TO SAY WHEN HE SAID AT THE NEXT STOP WHICH IS COLFAX IN ABOUT THREE MINUTES I AM GOING TO PUT YOU IN A DIFFERENT CAR WITH WORKING RESTROOMS. THIS HE DID ALONG WITH THE OTHER HANDICAPPED COUPLE IN THAT CAR WITH NON-WORKING RESTROOMS. THE REST OF THE TRIP MOSTLY OK... I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER AMTRAK TRAIN IN MY LIFETIME AND I HAVE ALREADY STARTED TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT OUR TRIP TO HELL AND BACK. WE HAD BEEN TOLD BY SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT THEY HAD A GOOD TIME AND IT WAS A GREAT TRIP. IT WAS FAR FROM THAT. THE TRAIN WENT ABOUT 25 MILES PER HOUR THROUGH MILES AND MILES OF MOUNTAINS AND TREES WITH ONLY MOUNTAINS AND TREES TO LOOK AT WHEN IT WAS LIGHT OUTSIDE. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE IN RENO AROUND 3:50 PM ON 1/2/18 BUT DID NOT ARRIVE UNTIL AROUND 7:40 PM THEN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BACK IN MERCED ON 1/5/18 AROUND 5 PM. IT WAS PAST 7:30 PM. I JUST CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT A BAD TIME MY WIFE ON THIS TRIP I HAD PLANNED FOR HER 78TH BIRTHDAY PHILIP VAUGHN 3907 HATCH RD MERCED CA.

I was on Amtrak train coming from new Orleans going to Chicago. It took about 24 hours to get to Chicago!! When the train got just outside Jackson MS. The engine went out. We sat for hours!! The train had just left new Orleans why wasn't the engine checked . People missed connections. It was horrible. The train was not clean the employees were not professional. Your service is lousy . We as customers deserve better! I know I won't get a response, but I want to let you no that I'm a very unhappy customer wit Amtrak!!

I don't know if this the appropriate area to wage a complaint but I need to express my disappoint from today's travel with Amtrak. I've been using Amtrak for four years and this is the worst train I've been on, Train 22 to Chicago. The conductors are very rude, the cafe car attendant is rude and now without any announcement, it seems Amtrak has adopted assigned seating. When asking one of the "stellar" attendants, he said, very flippantly and rudely, "there has always been assigned seating". I've been riding with you folks for four years and never, not once, has there been assigned seating.
May I ask that someone get in touch with me to discuss this situation further. If I am able, I am going to try to get the names of the conductors who have displayed their unprofessionalism. I have always loved riding Amtrak but today is the first day that I have regretted doing so. This is very much disappointing.
Thank you and I look forward to your cooperation in getting this resolved.

L.H. Ostrom

Res. #403100-18sep17
I was told by other North County transit riders that I could purchase transit ticket for retired disabled passenger for $2.00 that I could use on the Amtrack train because the North county transit had finished for the day.
I walked nearly a quarter of a mile to get to the ticket office. I saw a kiosk outside the ticket office but didn't realize that was where I needed to purchase a $2.00 retired/disabled ticket for use on the Amtrak train. I entered the office and specifically asked for information to purchase the above mentioned fare.
The nwoman replied to me that the train that those tickets were for was no longer running and the only fare available to me was $19.00. I was lied to, I was scammed and I want my 19.00 back.
This is a crime your employee committed and she should be fired and jailed! I deeply resent what has happened to me in a clear con job and to make matters even worse, there was a cart sitting there and she told me, who I have trouble walking distances dire4ctye4d me to WALK another quarter mile to the platform! I'm thinking out loud two words words that describe my feelings about your company and your low class employees.
I intend to use my influence and I have a large circle of influence, to let people know hat a shit operation you run. I will NEVER use your service again, nor will anyone I can influence and I hope your Walmart-like quality of employees runs you broke! YOU are what is wrong with our once great country......those two words start with F--- Y--! See if you can get your lying employee to fill in the blanks.....never another penny from me, and I've been considering running up to Seattle in the fall.....good luck with that!
Screw you. I'd sue you for damages if I could!
Gary Campbell

Hi i took the. Train on the. 5th of this. Month from Jefferson. City to modesto n i had got bit three times on my ankle. I think. Some one needs to start to spray thie the. Chairs. That people. Sleep in. It was a terrible trip i couldnt sleep good becouse of my ankle. Bugging. Me. I would like to see what i can do about. Getting my money. Ruburst. Back on the card

I am waiting to you on not just myself but all of the Amtrak passengers that witnessed this horrible events that transpired in front of everyone's face. Your employee stated that he was only allowing couples with reserved seats. At that point the woman in front of me stepped back. Leaving me to move to the left behind another black couple who informed your employee that she was a couple. He acknowledged her response and still turned his back to her letting on a white couple that wasn't even in the line.

They came up at the last minute, at that point he finally let the senior couple on and I was next behind them. Hey said wait a minute and put the back of his hand in my face. I told him I heard him and he needs to take his hand out of my face. I do have other witnesses. My son and grandson who was carry my luggage on the train as was other Amtrak passengers. I am going to reach out and address these issues with other passengers who was up close enough to see it. I hope and pray that this issue is going to be handled properly.

The sound system was so loud that it was painful. I asked the conductor in the business class car to please lower the sound and he refused. Train No.158 on 10/23. Terrible service from Amtrak and will avoid riding this train in the future whenever possible.

Amtrak, I have used these train services for more than thirty years. I have had few unacceptable inconveniences,but the last two trips have left me weary about your services. July 26, 2016; Train#97 from Newark Penn Station,NJ to Kingstree, S C (coach seat) RES# BE67DC. Rain started to pour into a section of the train car to which I was assigned and I was told that there were no available seats to which I could be moved. Unfortunately there were other passengers in that car who were also getting wet, but again no available seats was the response.

The rain started coming in shortly after leaving Richmond and I was traveling to Kingstree. In addition to getting wet and cold inside the train car for the remaining hours, I arrived at my destination at 6:00 a.m. instead of 3:51 a.m. Naturally, that created a new problem with transportation home. Sep 16,2016; Train #97 from Kingstree, SC to Orlando, FL (coach seat) RES# 3D0390. Passengers: Carolyn Williams, Bettie Jones. The train scheduled to depart Kingstree at 3:51 a.m. departed after 8:00 a.m. and arrived in Orlando around 10/11:00 p.m. rather than 12;30 p.m. Unfortunately, car rental, food and hotel accommodations were affected, at that hour of the evening. I am requesting some form of "good faith"compensation. I look forward to my next trip with Amtrak.

I'm on the amtrak train heading home to los angeles Union Station from Albuquerque new Mexico. I'm sitting right next to a trash can and it's making me sick to my stomach. I asked the ticket guy if I could change seats he said no and he would change the trash. This is disgusting. He was so rude to. Not to mention the car is completely filled with screaming brats on board. I have 16 hours to go with this mess. I'm so upset. When I get home I'm writing a letter to the company no one should have to pay to sit next to a trash can.

Rude employees on this Amtrak train! Completely berated me in front of the entire cart because I got upset that I couldn't get an empty row because I am ill and didn't want to infect other customers. Said my tone and word choice was offensive disregarding my request. Also overheard them talking about me hush hush to one another which is disrespectful and uncalled for. They claimed I was on an overnight ride which in reality was only 4 hours, of which is ludicrous to be considered over night. I feel like I was treated horribly. This is train 14 running from SLO to LAX.

Approximately 3:30pm the conductor made racist remarks. Then he called the police and the police told me I could be barred from amtrak. Very upset, I'm on my way home from the Niles Michigan Amtrak station.

On our way back from Newport News VA to Route 128 Westwood, MA, with 6 of us including a senior citizen, we had less than 2 minutes to disembark with no announcement that we were at our destination. Our entire party plus three others on the train missed our stop and the Amtrak employees could not have cared less. Very unhappy with this experience and the blasé attitude of the rude Amtrak employees.

I have not used Amtrak to travel to Florida but I was contemplating taking a trip to see my family in Fort Myers, St.Pete and Lehigh Acres. My Aunt recently had a horrible experience traveling with her sick husband from Philadelphia to St.Pete, Florida. I understand that occasionally bad things happen. After being the proprietor of a service business for 20+ years I have learned that no matter how bad a situation is, how you respond to it will determine the ultimate outcome! As it is in this case, I will be curious to see if Amtrak does something to salvage the customer service blunder that befell my Aunt or will Amtrak behave like so many huge corporations and, completely ignore the issue.

How you reacts to this situation will determine weather my family will patronize Amtrak or find other means of travel. One last observation I have learned over the years. If you treat a customer perfectly, they will tell a friend. If you treat a customer poorly, they will tell everyone they come in contact with! I will be watching to see how the Amtrak corporate office handles Mr. Kenneth Powel and Mrs. Margie Powel of St.Pete, Fl. Travel date 11/30 12/01.

We changed our Amtrak reservations to go home 2 days earlier because of health reasons. My husband has lung cancer plus he had a stroke. We could not get any sleep for all the noise in our car. The workers were no where to be found to make a complaint. The one bathroom was out of order and the other was filthy. The smell of body waste was coming into the car where we were sitting. The guy who served us breakfast, $19 plus tip was very rude and rushed us with our meal. We have been riding Amtrak for many years and always told our family/friends about what a nice time we had. Well we will be telling another story now. Our train was 1 1/2 hrs late from Phila. to Orlando. Then 2 more hrs. to St. Pete. And when I changed the reservation to come home earlier I was charged $159.00 extra. We are seniors living on a fixed income and we think that this was a disgrace to say the least for Amtrak. Maybe I should take my issue to the corporate office at least?

I had purchased tickets to and from Columbia, SC. I left on may 3rd and was supposed to return on may 16th but there was a derailment which cause me to change my return so I had to change date to may 19th I had paid for a coach I wanted to go from Columbia to NY they told me that was in possible due to my previous ticket was for me to changed in dc which gave me a 8 hour lay over I told the person on the phone that I had lost my medicine and had to buy more for I couldn't go with out these medicine due to me having bi polar depression. Very bad anxiety they told me that there was nothing they could due so I got left to lay over 8 hours no medicine 69 years old and a very rude customer service that when I asked for help to find my door for my next train I got told.

l pick one I am upset cause he talk to me this way and that Amtrack put me on a community train to come to providence when I pay for a coach they don't care if u are disable old they wont pay me back for what they charge me for a coach they told me that the only thing they can due is give me 50.00off my next trip which I never will travel with Amtrack they don't care about their customers they only care about money they should of paid for my medicine that I needed the rude person and what I pay for a coach not a steel seated train their customer service sucks. I have call them 3 times and complain and each time they told me that they cant do anything the derailment wasn't my fault but they make you feel like we mess up your plans so the hell with you.

My first trip will be my last I don't want to travel with Amtrack that don't care about any one but themselves and money would they treat their mother or grandmother like they did me of course not maybe I should file a complaint with better business bureau and have them sued.

I love travelling by road and decided to travel from Austin to Texas. Amtrak was the right place to book my ticket and gave me the option to choose the Coach seat. Amtrak has also some great family vacation deals with them which I opted for and my family was extremely happy with the time we spent on train. It was an experience the kids loved and thanks to Amtrak for putting a package together for us. They have good dining facility, sleeping accommodation and seating was comfortable as well. While booking the tickets, I got an instant confirmation on email and SMS. Thanks to Amtrak for giving us a good experience and I would definitely opt for this in future.

Have feedback for Amtrak?