Walgreens

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Walgreens

Posted by Nathan Alston on Jan 24, 2015
Customer Rating

On this morning (01/24/2015), at about 3:30am, I visited the Amherst, NY - Sheridan Drive and Parker Ave - store location to make a purchase. As my purchases were few (just two items), and I knew of their locations in the store, it was no more than two minutes before I was at the register. As it was late, the stores a bell system set up, to alert storage store employee(s) that someone either has entered the store, or that someone has approached the register. I was at the register no later than 03:33, and waited for someone to answer the bell alert. No one came. I continued waiting and, still, no one came. After about five minutes I walked back, a little, to have the bell sound again. Another five minutes elapsed, with no one coming to the register. It was 03:43 when I yelled out 'HELLO' , in an attempt to gain someone's attention. Then there was a wait of another three minutes, with no response from anyone. At 03:46 I left my intended purchases on the counter, and walked out of the store.

That was purely unacceptable. I am a very frequent shopper at Walgreens, and I have never, EVER experienced anything like this before, at any of your stores. You haven't lost a customer, but I don't think that I will ever go to that location with any late-night purchasing concerns.This matter needs to be addressed.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Walgreens provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Walgreens?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.04 out of 5
2.04 out of 5 Stars
75 Consumer Reviews

Walgreens
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Walgreens. What is their corporate mailing address?

200 Wilmot Road
Deerfield, IL 60015

I want to call the Walgreens customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

847-315-2500

I need to visit the Walgreens company website. What is their website address?

More Walgreens Complaints

Customer Rating

On Thursday, January 09, 2015, my pain management doctor namely Dr. Jonathan K. Lee, Arrowhead Orthopaedics Facility, 15095 Amargosa Rd. Ste. #106 Proscribed me some pain medication consisting of 90 tablets of 30mg Oxycodone. On the same above-mentioned date I took the prescription to Walgreen Pharmacy to get it filled. I was told by an employee that they would have to call my doctor to verify the prescription. So, I left the prescription there and returned on Monday, January 12, 2015 to check on the status. when I arrived it took them an hour to locate my prescription. I was told it was filled under my first name as opposed to last name. after all of this commotion I was told I needed an additional authorization from my insurance carrier. On Friday, January 16, 2015, I returned with the requested additional authorization. Again they refused to fill my pain medication prescription on the predicate another employee documented on the computer it failed to meet Walgreen's requirements. I inquired what requirements did my prescription did not meet? I was told that they could not reveal that information to me. I have been wrongfully deprived of my pain medication and subjected to unreasonable pain and suffering due to prejudicial measures performed by Tia Tran, Rph, Pharmacy Manager at the Walgreen's establishment located at 1301 W. Baseline Street, San Bernardino, CA 92411.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was waiting for my insurance company to a prove my medicine so went ahead and purchased at Walgreens two pills that cost me $89.00. Two days later my insurance company approved my prescription. Walgreens did not want to submit the 8 pills they only submitted 6 pills to the insurance company because I had payed out of pocket for 2. I was approved for the 8 pills! They didn't even want to call the insurance help desk so I payed $89.00 plus $30.00 copay for 6 more pills. Walgreens pharmacy was no help at all!

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I went to walgreens on 1/21.15......your pharmacy manager almanda h. Would not fill my order she said she did not fell right filling my order and walked off from the drive thru window just plain nasty rude no respect! We the mckenzie family have been using walgreens for 15 plus years. After lastnight i will never use walgreens for anything eles what ever happen to good custmor service!

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi, Several months ago I kept trying to pick up a script that was called in by my Dr. The staff kept saying it was not there. Finally one man told me that my Dr. denied me the medicine I needed. I called the Dr's office and was told it was sent to the pharmacy. Again the same man told me my Dr. denied the request. I finally found out that the doctor's office sent it to a different pharmacy. I was so angry that I went to this man and asked him why he lied and told me this. MY DOCTOR NEVER DENIED THE REQUEST. HE ADMITTED THAT HE TOLD ME THIS.
On wednesday 1-14-15 at about 2:30 P.M. I went through the drive thru to pick up a refill for my husband. The young lady told me there was no thing there for him. I went home and my husband informed me he did not pick it up. Later in the evening we went back to walgreens and low and behold it was there. The script was filled on 1-10-15. I am beginning to think I made a mistake switching pharmacies.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

one day i came home and saw my dad pulled out tons of meds including OTC and some rxs and dad also mentioned he pay alot for copays so i took a look at his meds. What really disturbed me was when i saw him pulled out two cough meds so i asked him not to take it at same time. I went thru all of his meds and more than half of his pickups were Otcs which he paid arm and leg for which i could have bought it cheaper for him. But i’ll let that slide for this time and i asked my dad if the tech asked him if he needs consultations from the pharmacist which is not just walgreens policies but it is a protocol from state board of pharmacy aka ITS THE LAW. Dad said no one asked him if he needs consultations so he left. i was upset bc i moved my parents’ meds there for reasons and the 2nd time i am for sure i will report to the state board regarding to the one of the tech’s irresponsible act of untrained and uncaring. I picked up my mom’s that day and it was the first time she took that med and i have already mentioned it is the law no matter what, pharmacist needs to give consultation and i waited, the tech didnt ask if i needed one and i left pharmacy knowing i would never return back. I recall the day before when i came to pick up my mom’s med and it wasnt ready, i brought up the issues w my dad’s med few days prior to that visit and the pharmacist at the time was so adamant about ‘ITS WALGREENS’ POLICIES WE ALWAYS GIVE CONSULTATIONS TO PATIENTS’ , so this time i am going to report to the state board to see what they would say about it. I will have to move my parents’ meds to another pharmacy which is more trusting and more careful bc they almost killed my dad by giving him two cough meds which one was robitussin dm and promethazine dm at the same time while he has high blood pressure. This is one big disappointment and would ever go back to walgreens? absolutely not.

Customer Rating

I want to make a complaint about a pharmacist that works at this Walgreens located at: 2551 W. main street, Alhambra, CA. 91801…
While i was trying to get a nasal decongestant. that in the pass years i would pick it up off the shelf in the store. Now i have to stand in a line at the pharmacy counter. Which i did, but while standing in line, this pharmacist person was treating me bad, then he throw a dime on the counter. I think this pharmacist thought i was a bum, because of my beard, and wanted money? so i left the Walgreens. while i was leaving, the store manager said something to me. i don’t know what he was saying. I told him i’m leaving.
I think he was being a jerk as well as the pharmacist that blow up at me..

All i wanted was a cold & allergy medicine, Not a bunch of shit
from this China Man.

Customer Rating

i seen one of your managers at a store i was in the other day, and they where taking a few items to the back and didnt pay for the them. Then I seen this same person go outside in her car on break and smoke a joint on the premises. This same person I have seen use profanity towards other employees while customers where watching. This same employee when she goes outside to smoke a cigarette she stands right next to the front door where customers come in and out at. her name is tj and she is a black woman.

Customer Rating

Pharmacy Manager (Martin) in Liberty, Mo. Refused to refill my perscription on date that was on my bottle refill, very arrogant and we had words this is not the first time I have had issues or listened to other people arguing at this Walgreens location, I will be transferring all my perscriptions! customer service horrible and the fact that the managers are suppose to be setting examples not acceptable as a customer service. Manager AVP I would fire all the managers as the story is now tainted!

Customer Rating

It started about 3 months ago. In covingto ga on 278. They don't have medicine ready when you call in ..they won't call you back after you have emailed script in to let. You know not ready too soon ins. Don't cover...I was short 25 or more of pills about 2 months ago...it's just all changed I waited on phone the other day about 25 minutes for them..today I was told to pick up my medicine when I called in 18...the script was dated 18 so it was due she just wanted to show a little authority an make me wait...then said she was working on it...it's Bern ready for 4 days....you will be looking a customer an sure more.the treatment is very unkind...

Customer Rating

This Walgreens never has any meds. It always take 2-3 days to get any prescription filled. It never keeps any meds in stock for customers. I had 1 prescription they told me to go to another store to get cause they wouldn't fill it. I went to another Walgreens and had it in 10 mins. It's a shame I have to drive 30 miles out of town to get the prescription at another Walgreens!!!!! They never get it right. Today they forgot my insulin. I am tired of giving this Walgreens my business.

Customer Rating

Walgreen's charged twice for same prescription. Bank returned one of the charges. Walgreen's listed the return as a bad check.
which has caused my reputation to be tarnished. This happened on July 17 and after a dozen e-mails they didn't fix their mistake Until october. They reported to Tele-check that I had issured a bad check which embarrassed me when trying to cash a check at Publix Supermarkets. I am going to seek legal counsel to see if Walgreen's can be held liable for defamation. I am a local writer and this only gets better. E.M. Longo

Customer Rating

I had a prescription for Vicodin ES . they told me 20mins a whole hour went by and i was told nothing. then the people in the back started going on break. nothing the lady came to me and said that they had to call my doctor. about the strength of the meds. and then a whole hour went by i am still sitting there while other people . are getting there meds. and then two hours later she tells me the doctor is gone for the day and they where waiting for the nurse to call back. i sat there for two hours for nothing 6 people working in the back and i got nothing but complaints

Customer Rating

I bought 2 Walgreens phone cards and can hardly use them. I get hung up on by whoever is working at the company over and over.

It comes across as a system to just take people's money!

I have used phone cards before without any trouble. I used to have no trouble with them. But, now I have a 20 dollar phone card that I can't even get through on.

The pin number of this card is 1492 755 4428.

Customer Rating

Walgreens pharmacy's customer service is horrible. I called a prescription in 2-3 days early and it wasn't filled. To make it worse, I wasn't called. i had to call in to find this out. And when I got upset, the person on the other end of the phone was very rude. I asked for the manager and was told she would be coming off of vacation on Monday. When she called me on Monday, she was very defensive and blamed the doctor. I am tired of this "defense." I DON'T KNOW whose fault it is and I DON'T CARE. I thought I WAS THE CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!! Anyway the manager (Greta Roos at the Metairie , LA Walgreen's) could have CARED LESS. What happened to Customer Service?????? I will look for a company that has good customer service.

Customer Rating

Walgreens is unbelievable. I reside in Saint Lucie county FL and my physician resides in Kissimmee Fl and because my residence is in a different county than my physician Walgreens will not fill my prescriptions. Unfortunently i am forced to see the physician that i have for he is the only physician that can handle my multiple health issues...In addition, there is no physicians around this county that can handle my health issues. In my opinion as well as many others (i will have sign a petition for the media to advertise for us, possible class action suit) this whole walgreens not filling for patients whom need their medications is horrifyingly out of control. Someone has to do something about this dillema that all of us patients are encountering.

Customer Rating

When I got to the check out counter I was in obvious pain and using the store cart to hold me upright. The check out girl asked if I had rewards and when I said no she asked if I wanted to fill out a card and I answered not at this time. She saw the items I was checking out! A heating pad, ice pacs, ibuprofen! The store manager was checking out right next to her. When I questioned her about some of the prices she said I could not have sale price without a card! Now, I respect stores that have their own cards for discount like Safeway, Frys, etc. I have them! But there has never been a problem with using the store general discount card or I have often provided my card to purchasers before and after me. I was obviously in pain. I did not want to stay and fill out a card. Never once did she say "I understand", "Would you like to take home the paperwork and bring it back?". And the manager just looked my way and did or said nothing when I told her I would never come into a Walgreens again and I will pass this info along to my friends! I have also taken your survey and asked for a rep to call. I think this is poor management if you are trying to make people use cards or sign up for cards while they are in pain. At least in the grocery stores it says "this is the price" or "this is the price with card"! Your items just say sale! Not cool!

Customer Rating

My name is Donna Lucas I have been a loyal walgreens customer for many years. Today I visited the take care clinic in Aurora on N Randall Rd. My experience at the clinic was awesome. I am new to the area and do not have a physcian out here yet. My complaint is directed to the pharmacy. I recieved 3 prescriptions from the clinic walked to the pharmacy was told it would be about 15 mins after about a half an hr the tech told me that the computers were down it would just be a few more minutes. Another 15 mins passed now the tech is trying to contact my insurance co for co-pay amts.Mind you I'm really not feeling well and am still not getting anywhere. So i have two questions why in Gods name would you be working on your systems as one tech finally told me while the Pharmasy is stll open but unable to despence meds. and my second question is why dont i just take my business to CVS.

Customer Rating

At Walgreen's located at 70 main st. Florence, i went to fill two prescription, i waited for about 40 mint., took my medication, and came home, i was in lots a pain, so when i got home i notice that it was a mistake, i called and the attendant told me it was my doctors mistake, and i should call my doctor, so i said, thank you and hang my phone to call my doctor.

The attendant called me back,saying that i hang the phone on her face, i was upset, and told her, i was about to call my doctor,she insist o me hanging the phone, i then got mad and said a bad word to her,she should have not call me for that, she was personal and unprofessional, and am sick, and these calles are monitor.

I just said, thank you and hang up,i never had any problems before,she did not had to call me and be personal,please take care of this, because, this is the pharmacy, i always go, thank you for your concern on this matter.

Customer Rating

On December 19, 2012 at 4:30 Pm at walgreens store in Fountain Mesa I gave Mrs. Sue my prescription and was told to return in one and a half hower to pick up my medication. Well I returned for my medication and she misplaced my prescription that was giving to her and I was not able to get my medication that i needed for the day. I'm very disappointed in how dis organize this pharmacy workers are in this store could you imagine the type of mistakes that maybe happening there like giving customers the wrong medication etc, for been disorganized.

Customer Rating

On August 30th 2013 I requested a pain medication refill, that has to have Dr's approval . I called Walgreens on Sat. and was told the Dr.'s office did not return their request. This was labor day weekend, so I waited till Tuesday to ask if they had the Dr.'s approval yet. I was told No again, but they would resend it. Wens. morning I called Walgreens, and again told there was no approval sent. So, I called my Dr.'s office, and they said it was approved on Friday, and approved again on Tuesday. I called Walgreens again, this time speaking to the pharmacist. She told me they were out of the medication (hydrocodone) and it was their policy not to even request an approval from the Dr. till they had it. Big lie, she also told me that they were expecting a truck tomorrow, Thrus, and maybe it would have the medicine or maybe it would be Friday. And besides that as of Jan. they would no longer be carrying hydrocodone. She let me know that she was a rotating pharmacist, so she really didn't care (that was in so many words). Told me to feel free to call another Walgreens and see if I can get it filled. So, I did, I live in Claremore Ok, and had to drive to Owasso Ok, my prescription was filled no problem. They no trouble finding the Dr.'s approval. I am having a knee replacement very soon, and then I may be facing a hip replacement not that it's any of your business. The Walgreens in Claremore did the same thing to me last month, it took 4 days after my Dr.'s approval to get my meds. The Walgreens in Claremore is the most hectic, people running around not knowing what's going on, it's a mess. When I wait in line for medicine everyone in the line complains about Walgreens. I tried to get a flu shot there last year, filled out their paper work, and after no one ever looking my way again, I just threw it down, went to Walmart got my shot and it was a lot cheaper too. Oh did I mention that I got a call from Walgreens, Claremore this morning saying my medicine was delayed. Kind of stupid when it's already been refilled. You may think I am just mad, and I am, but everything I am saying about the Claremore Walgreens is the truth. I know CVS is going build in Claremore, and all of my meds scripts will go to them. Several of my friends have already changed there's to CVS in Owasso.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Georgia Scott on 09/05/2013 at IP address 69.35.177.183 using our Walgrreen's Clarmore Ok complaint form. This opinions contained in this Walgrreen's Clarmore Ok customer review titled, "approved prescriptions not being filled" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have been using Walgreens pharmacy for years in Las Cruces,NM. I recently moved to Austin,TX. Before I left, my doctor wrote perecriptions for my medications and for my husbands medications ( my husband is disabled and has seizures without his medication). The doctor wrote us a prescription for an extra 3 months as she is aware of the fact we would have to change doctors, find a place to live, switch medicaid from New Mexico to Texas, actually get IN to see a doctor (we made the appointment around Jan 20th for March 6th- and that's Just the general practioner- then he will give a REFERRAL to a psychiatrist-[ then we have to wait ?? until he gets into to see him ) before my husband will be able to FINALLY be prescribed HIS medications here in Texas. After I get my husband squared away, then I , without insurance have to worry about finding a doctor to get my medication prescribed. Knowing this process was going to take at least 3 months our doctor went ahead and prescribed our medication for about 6 months.
Well the pharmacist named Robin at the 12200 Bee Caves pkway Walgreens in Austin, TX decided she didn't like me-I'm not sure if it was how I was dressed, or the color of my skin, or my hair color, maybe it was that my husband is disabled, or that we are on medicaid....and instead of refilling our prescription like Walgreens in Las Cruces told us "would be no problem" she told me my doctor didn't approve the refill-except my DOCTOR wrote the prescription with her own hand and I carried the written prescription into Walgreens. AND Walgreens in Las Cruces said 'it would be no problem'. My medication is for anxiety and not a narcotic (Xanex and Buspar( which isn't even a diazapan)- so not level 4 drugs)When I asked her why, she could not quote a policy or give a reason she just said "I'm sorry".
Then she informed me that she COULD fill my husband's anti-psychotic medication. So when we went to pick it up -she took one look at him- I'm not sure again what she didn't like. We are not drug users and we have no track marks or ANYthing that would lead her to believe we were going to use his anti-psychotics in any way other than prescribed- yet she decided that no, she wasn't going to give him his meds either and she said it was because his doctor was "out of state". We had already picked these medications up the month before- so I know she was lying. Not to mention, Walgreens advertises that you can have your medication filled anywhere in the country.
I ended up calling them in to the Walgreens down the street- and they filled them -NO PROBLEM.
My husband has a doctors appointment in a week and I will have one after I get a MAP(medical assistance program) card- so this is the last month we needed them filled most likely. I am very dissappointed that a Walgreens would employ a pharmacist who so blatantly discriminates against loyal Walgreens customers. I am going to switch pharmacies and tell everyone I know about how badly I was treated by this woman.
thank You Brett Hackett-512-263-2058 borednnm12@gmail.com

Wrong Medication

My local Wallgreendrugstore mistakenly gave me someone else medication. They want the bottle back. I've been advised to see a lawyer first because I may get sick from this. I took the other person's meds for a week before I discovered the error.

Drugstore's phone number is 407 957 2600

I still need my proper medication

I'm so angry

Customer Rating

Went in to the Walgreen pharmacy to get a prescription filled. I gave the prescription to the the pharmacy tech, she put the information into the system. I noticed the foreign pharmacist looking at me and looking at the prescription several times. I was wondering what was taking so long and why he kept looking at me strangely. The pharmacy tech finally called me up to the counter to tell me that the pharmacist needed to verify the pain medication the following day and could not fill the prescription. I asked what the problem was and his response was, " its just a routine thing". I immediately became angry, I am in pain just had a knee scope done and you want me to wait to get pain medicine until tomorrow. I am an 49 year old African American professional female, not a drug addict trying to get a fix. I always use Walgreen's to fill all my prescriptions, and never had an issue.

I took my prescription to another Walgreen's less than 2 miles away, they filled my prescription in less than 15 minutes, didn't ask any questions. This occurred in at Walgreen's in Cordova, TN 38016 at the corner of Hwy 64 and Germantown Pkwy. I called back to the store and asked for his name, I am going to file a formal complaint against Ra0j Cegu, for his unprofessional behavior.

Customer Rating

In 2014 I turned in a script from Urgent care for 10 5mg oxycodone. Walgreens is located in the same building. The pharmacist refused to fill the medication. The following week she apologized and said she did not know why she acted that way. Her name is Ginny, Springfield, OR. In 2015 the same pharmacist Ginny, reported that I wanted to fill a photocopy script. This person is a nut! She held my script in her hand and we discussed it. I took it to another Walgreens the following day and had it filled without any problems.

Are these pharmacist under a lot of stress or what? Ginny seems worn out and her hair is tied back but always very messy. The patients wanting to fill their scripts have to stand at the counter or wait in drive thru for up to 20 minutes just to be acknowledged. I do over 100,000 in medication every year with walgreens but not anymore. I am moving my prescriptions to another pharmacy. Walgreens has too many complaints. Everyone should stop shopping there. They are very expensive. Did you know you can fill a script at Costco without having a membership? The family owned pharmacies are usually pretty good too!

Customer Rating

I finally got a call back 2 x.....yeah...I've been there since opening but there workmanship has been very poor lately.last 3 months... so if you've experienced problems as I have call the bigger Walgreens I see it works.......

Customer Rating

For the last three months straight, the pharmacy in Corpus Christi, Texas [located at Holly & Weber Road] has either ran out of one or both of my prescriptions when I go in --AFTER CALLING THEM IN with a response on the refill phone-- that they will be ready for pick-up on the day I called them in. When I arrive to pick the refills up ---they then have informed me that they are OUT or they just got the shipment in. FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS straight!!! The promise of having them readily available is a falsehood...and NOT good protocol or good customer service. One month, I had to drive clear to the other side of town to get a refill. This is all kinds of wrong!!! Inform them to reorder their medications/drugs much farther in advance so they won't lose a customer and have law suits for heart failure because of the incidents!!!!

In today's times...this should NOT happen.....ever!!!

Customer Rating

I walk into walgreens to return 2 items and the managet was pretty much yelling at me in front of other customers saying that i stole the 2 items and that the cashier seen me so i ask mrs Heap to show me the video she refusef so i said well if i stole them and yall seen me why didnt anyone stop me. Dso she says im never allowed back so i left crying and very imberresed.

I went to another walgreens to exchange the items to fimnd out that she emailed every walgreens in houston texas to tell them not to assist me that im a theif she gave them every description as to what i look like. I am very very imberesed and bel beleive that this rude person should be fired someone with that much anger should not be in customer service.

I am going to sue walgreens and press charges on her due to the fact that she was yelling at me and accusing me of this and i did not due and she emailed every walgreens. Im very upset

Customer Rating

I was a Walgreens customer for about 20-25 years but no more. I recently asked my Dr. to call in a prescription for nose spray at the Hermitage, TN Walgreens, and I know for a fact that he did call it in. In a few hours, I call to see if it was ready to be picked up and they told me that it was never called in. Four (4) days later, there was a message on my phone saying it was ready. I told them what they could do with it. I called in a refill for eye drops (2 different kinds) and had a friend pick them up, when I opened the sack, there was 3 of the same kind.

I was in the store in downtown Nashville where I frequently did business and asked to use the restroom and was told that it was for employees only.
I'm sure that my business meant nothing to Walgreens, so I now go to Rite Aid. I have worked as a receptionist 25 years for a law firm and if I ever treated a client as I was treated, I would NOT have a job.

Customer Rating

I have visited your store on nemorus occasions and am very disappointed that I have already lost $5.50 rebatecopond that I was not able to use because they were only vaild for 1 day I would like you to refund this $5.50 on a gift card for me to use at a later date . I am unemployed with no additional income which last check received so I can not go and buy un nessary items at this point when I just shopped I will be willing to scan these to you so please mail me this out 11 countryside court canonsburg,pa 15317 724-745-3963

Customer Rating

To Whom It May Concern, Today I went to the Walgreens located Jefferson and Main in Newport News, VA. I purchased several personal care items and attempted to use coupons.

Two of my coupons were for buy one get one free shampoo products, the cashier took my coupon, range up the products and then changed the price of the coupon from 3.99 to 2.74. I have never had any facility change a price like this..including other Walgreen stores.

When I questioned the cashier about this she was very short, rude and to say the least..embarrassing. I also had 2 coupons for Brut deodorant, I offered both my coupons and the woman told me I could not use both coupons because it was a BOGO offer.

I know that it may seem like a small complaint and a small amount of money, but I was embarrassed and feel that this was against policy. I did not see the manager around and I was so uncomfortable dealing with this woman, that I did not want to be in the store any longer than I had to.

I will not be returning to this Walgreens ever.

At one time, I thought Walgreens was one of the better drug stores in the area, after today's experience, I will find other options for my prescriptions and personal needs.

Very Disgruntled,