Walgreens

Most Popular Complaint about Walgreens

Posted by Nathan Alston on Jan 24, 2015
Customer Rating

On this morning (01/24/2015), at about 3:30am, I visited the Amherst, NY - Sheridan Drive and Parker Ave - store location to make a purchase. As my purchases were few (just two items), and I knew of their locations in the store, it was no more than two minutes before I was at the register. As it was late, the stores a bell system set up, to alert storage store employee(s) that someone either has entered the store, or that someone has approached the register. I was at the register no later than 03:33, and waited for someone to answer the bell alert. No one came. I continued waiting and, still, no one came. After about five minutes I walked back, a little, to have the bell sound again. Another five minutes elapsed, with no one coming to the register. It was 03:43 when I yelled out 'HELLO' , in an attempt to gain someone's attention. Then there was a wait of another three minutes, with no response from anyone. At 03:46 I left my intended purchases on the counter, and walked out of the store.

That was purely unacceptable. I am a very frequent shopper at Walgreens, and I have never, EVER experienced anything like this before, at any of your stores. You haven't lost a customer, but I don't think that I will ever go to that location with any late-night purchasing concerns.This matter needs to be addressed.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Walgreens provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Walgreens?

2.1 out of 5

www.walgreens.com

More Walgreens Complaints

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I went to walgreens on 1/21.15......your pharmacy manager almanda h. Would not fill my order she said she did not fell right filling my order and walked off from the drive thru window just plain nasty rude no respect! We the mckenzie family have been using walgreens for 15 plus years. After lastnight i will never use walgreens for anything eles what ever happen to good custmor service!

Customer Rating

On Thursday, January 09, 2015, my pain management doctor namely Dr. Jonathan K. Lee, Arrowhead Orthopaedics Facility, 15095 Amargosa Rd. Ste. #106 Proscribed me some pain medication consisting of 90 tablets of 30mg Oxycodone. On the same above-mentioned date I took the prescription to Walgreen Pharmacy to get it filled. I was told by an employee that they would have to call my doctor to verify the prescription. So, I left the prescription there and returned on Monday, January 12, 2015 to check on the status. when I arrived it took them an hour to locate my prescription. I was told it was filled under my first name as opposed to last name. after all of this commotion I was told I needed an additional authorization from my insurance carrier. On Friday, January 16, 2015, I returned with the requested additional authorization. Again they refused to fill my pain medication prescription on the predicate another employee documented on the computer it failed to meet Walgreen's requirements. I inquired what requirements did my prescription did not meet? I was told that they could not reveal that information to me. I have been wrongfully deprived of my pain medication and subjected to unreasonable pain and suffering due to prejudicial measures performed by Tia Tran, Rph, Pharmacy Manager at the Walgreen's establishment located at 1301 W. Baseline Street, San Bernardino, CA 92411.

Customer Rating

Hi, Several months ago I kept trying to pick up a script that was called in by my Dr. The staff kept saying it was not there. Finally one man told me that my Dr. denied me the medicine I needed. I called the Dr's office and was told it was sent to the pharmacy. Again the same man told me my Dr. denied the request. I finally found out that the doctor's office sent it to a different pharmacy. I was so angry that I went to this man and asked him why he lied and told me this. MY DOCTOR NEVER DENIED THE REQUEST. HE ADMITTED THAT HE TOLD ME THIS.
On wednesday 1-14-15 at about 2:30 P.M. I went through the drive thru to pick up a refill for my husband. The young lady told me there was no thing there for him. I went home and my husband informed me he did not pick it up. Later in the evening we went back to walgreens and low and behold it was there. The script was filled on 1-10-15. I am beginning to think I made a mistake switching pharmacies.

Customer Rating

one day i came home and saw my dad pulled out tons of meds including OTC and some rxs and dad also mentioned he pay alot for copays so i took a look at his meds. What really disturbed me was when i saw him pulled out two cough meds so i asked him not to take it at same time. I went thru all of his meds and more than half of his pickups were Otcs which he paid arm and leg for which i could have bought it cheaper for him. But i’ll let that slide for this time and i asked my dad if the tech asked him if he needs consultations from the pharmacist which is not just walgreens policies but it is a protocol from state board of pharmacy aka ITS THE LAW. Dad said no one asked him if he needs consultations so he left. i was upset bc i moved my parents’ meds there for reasons and the 2nd time i am for sure i will report to the state board regarding to the one of the tech’s irresponsible act of untrained and uncaring. I picked up my mom’s that day and it was the first time she took that med and i have already mentioned it is the law no matter what, pharmacist needs to give consultation and i waited, the tech didnt ask if i needed one and i left pharmacy knowing i would never return back. I recall the day before when i came to pick up my mom’s med and it wasnt ready, i brought up the issues w my dad’s med few days prior to that visit and the pharmacist at the time was so adamant about ‘ITS WALGREENS’ POLICIES WE ALWAYS GIVE CONSULTATIONS TO PATIENTS’ , so this time i am going to report to the state board to see what they would say about it. I will have to move my parents’ meds to another pharmacy which is more trusting and more careful bc they almost killed my dad by giving him two cough meds which one was robitussin dm and promethazine dm at the same time while he has high blood pressure. This is one big disappointment and would ever go back to walgreens? absolutely not.

Customer Rating

I want to make a complaint about a pharmacist that works at this Walgreens located at: 2551 W. main street, Alhambra, CA. 91801…
While i was trying to get a nasal decongestant. that in the pass years i would pick it up off the shelf in the store. Now i have to stand in a line at the pharmacy counter. Which i did, but while standing in line, this pharmacist person was treating me bad, then he throw a dime on the counter. I think this pharmacist thought i was a bum, because of my beard, and wanted money? so i left the Walgreens. while i was leaving, the store manager said something to me. i don’t know what he was saying. I told him i’m leaving.
I think he was being a jerk as well as the pharmacist that blow up at me..

All i wanted was a cold & allergy medicine, Not a bunch of shit
from this China Man.

Customer Rating

i seen one of your managers at a store i was in the other day, and they where taking a few items to the back and didnt pay for the them. Then I seen this same person go outside in her car on break and smoke a joint on the premises. This same person I have seen use profanity towards other employees while customers where watching. This same employee when she goes outside to smoke a cigarette she stands right next to the front door where customers come in and out at. her name is tj and she is a black woman.

Customer Rating

I had my doctor call my medications on the 3-20-2014 but he called them in to the wrong location. so I go the walgreens on broadway and lydale ave north sunday afternoon to pick up the medicatin, remind u not I stand in line almost 30 minutes. and finally when I get to the window or cashier which is a Hispanic male and tell him my name and that I am here to pick up my medication he say he has nothing ready for u. so he ask what are u picking up. so I tell him my albuterol inhaler he says okay I will get that filled for u . then I sit down and wait and wait 30 more minutes and the I I get frustrated and knock on the counter and the store manger which is a white guy comes and tell me oh we have that filled and its the wrong medications its the solution for the neubutizior so I tell him I don’t need that so he continues to say its free and I say I need my inhauler and the he looks on the computer and says its filled at another walgreens which I already knew. so I say can u have that transferred over here to this location he says yes so I tell him caN I PICK IT UP Monday after I get off work he says yes so Monday when I get there the still have no record of my medication that was supposed to be filled the sunday afternoon

Customer Rating

Went to drop off my daughters prescription, they hand it back and say we do not have it you will have to go somewhere else to get it. This is not the first time that this has happened, and I do realize that stores do run out. But my daughter has been taking this same medication for well over a year and I do believe that the least they could do is to check and see if there is another walgreens that has it, but if you ask them they say they cannot find out that information we will have to call them ourselves. Talk about sending your business elsewhere! The pharmacy employees at this store think that they are exempt from be courteous or even a little bit helpful. My daughters prescription medications are well over six hundred dollars a month (focolinXR30mg, nasonex, advair 115,focolin 5mg, xopenex45, xopenex for nebuizer and singular 5mg) and that does not include the medicine that is over the counter (mirilax and zyrtec, which are not cheap either). Maybe that is not a lot for walgreens but it is for us! I know that I will most probably will not even get a response from Walgreens but I did need to vent. I will start looking for a different pharmacy because I do not feel like anyone needs this kind of aggravation just to get prescriptions filled. Had they even tried to help I would not even be complaining because like I said stores do run out of things it is mainly the way I was treated, like our business means nothing to them!!! But then it is not their business it is yours and they are just employees they will get paid no matter how they act or treat people.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Helen on 03/19/2014 at IP address 76.241.60.50 using our Walgreens Eureka, MO (corner of 109 & 4th street complaint form. This opinions contained in this Walgreens Eureka, MO (corner of 109 & 4th street customer review titled, “rude, not helpful,” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have been gping to Walgreens in Medford since iit opened. I have spent thousands of dollars and all my prescritions are done there. The managers name is Maria . (corner of horse block road and Route 112 in Medford.
the story which can also be verified by my neice who was there.
As i walkded into the store there was a display of cosmetics. I picked a pen and something else. my pocket book is always open. I placed the articles on top of my purse very carefully so I would not for get them pulled one side of my pocket book oveer to hold it in place. This is why I have 14 fusions in my back and cannot bend over . Something like mascara when you have a cart fallsa at lweast 8 times while I am in the store. I also have walking seizures so I am very careful as to whwere I put things. I continued shopping when Maria came up to me very angry and said did you put something in my purse which was still openened and still not zipped. I said yes and handed heer the articles, then she asked for my bag which she rifled through.She said “don’t ever and I mean ever put anything in yourm pocket book. I said ok and continued to shop. 5 minutes later she came up to me and told me to leave her store and never come back and that includes your prescritions. My name is Elizabeth Wright, 631-512-0017. Please do not disregard this as it is the closest walgreens to me and I have to get a ride to get there. I am on SSI and Hartford disability and can afford anything I need . I do not steal and she should have listened, but she just said go. I was not even at check out. So as far as I was concerened if she thought I was stealing somewthing , at least wait till I pay for my items./ Being a nurse coordinater and case manager there is a way to speak to someone and there is another way to speak to someone. She did not take me off to the side she did this loudly in the middle of the store. I was mortified. My neice wasa there when she approched me my bag was nopen fully on one side and as I said on top of my purse. just where they were before but after her asking for my bag. I left the store calmly without makling a scene anymore than she did. Did she learn this technique in Walgreens school.
Prior to this I was in the store at least 2 times a week. My seiziers are triggered by stress, and by the time I got home I was in a full blow (simple cpmplex seizure) and needdd help gettingup the stairs. Since I assume you have cameras in the store the date I think was September 1 the day before another surgery.
Elizabeth Wright
85 Birchwood road, Medford, NY 11763 631-512-0017
You can check by my phone number just how much I spent and how often I was there. The sdisplay was right as you come imn the door. If I was going to steal something which I never have,why would I do it there. If she gave me a minute to even talk and explain. she most likely would have understood and come up with the conclusion of putting a hand held cart in the shopping cart. Most of my shopping has now gone to CVS. I have to gpo to the other Walgreens down the street, furthwer to drive, but CVS is closwer and eventually will switch all my medications there. I guess besides having a seizur the worse was the humiliation as I saId I was there shortly after the store opened , I knew everyone by name.

my email; address is betherica2011@gmail.com.

I would like a response as to what is being done about thios situation , that was completely avoidable.

Customer Rating

I can’t believe that it is near impossible to compliment someone at Walgreens. Assistant Store Manager, Mindy went so far beyond exceptional customer service that the top brass needs to hear about it. But apparently Walgreens is not concerned about the employees that exemplify outstanding customer service, just the ones which make people angry.

Sanford, NC
Horner Blvd. Store

Customer Rating

im aware of certain policys that is in place for this special medication , oxycodone 30mg 120 tablets. as i presented my prescription and explained my situation to the pharmacist she told me she has to call to verify it that was fine, im in your system with the same doctor for the last year or so i was sent to that pharmacy from my regular walgreens cause they was out the pharmacist said i could never get a prescription filled there i asked her why she said because of certain criteria i asked what was the criteria she could not answer the question , i asked is there some one else who i can speak with she said no, i asked to see the criteria or for a copy she stated its walgreens policy and choice to who they serve , im very aware of that but a person that is a caucasion was given his medication no questions asked he wasnt in there system and we was at the same doctor , i feel tottally profiled against it was blantant stero typed, and racist i want to continue doing business with walgreens but not if im going to be treated this way im injuried with chronic pain for the rest of my life i havent had my medication because of this my doctor called and it still wasnt good enough for them i would like to see something done bout this asap.

Customer Rating

I switch from Claremore Compounding to Walgreens cause it was closer for me to walk. But since I’ve been using Walgreens I’ve been told my script wasn’t called in an then when I go up a few days later they say they just got it. Well on the paper work it tells the date &time it was filled.

I’ve caught them up in a number off lies. I’ve went to my doctor & she’s showed me where she has faxed my meds in to them. They have told me they sent a fax to my doctor an she’s checked my file an found no fax. So something needs to be done cause this messes with my meds & my health….

Customer Rating

I hate to complain because I know how difficult the pharmacy department can be. But due to several illnesses of 2 family members, I have found myself at my local Walgreen’s almost every day this week. Each time there is both a line of 5 or more cars in the drive thru (which i give up on) and at least 3 people in line inside the store with only one or 2 people helping the customers at the counter.

Many times I will wait in line just to drop off an RX. Several of them new due to recent illnesses. In one case today (which prompts me to write this email), I had some intense oral surgery at my dentists’ office. I left with 2 new RX’s to fill, one for pain, which I really really needed. I waited in line at the pharmacy inside the store.

By the time it was my turn, my dentist’s office had closed by 8 minutes so the pain medication could not get approved. I have to now wait tonight, in pain because this Walgreen’s store is completely understaffed and ill equipped to handle the demand. I suggest a line for folks just dropping off RX and one for picking them up at this store.

Customer Rating

The only reason I have been into the Walgreens Pharmacy on 140th Ave NE in Bellevue, WA is that their online payment system makes it easy to use the family insurance issued AMEX card online. I have multiple terrible experiences. I wish now I had better documentation but here are the ones that make me the most angry:

1) I was told that a medication was in stock, it would be 30 minutes. Then after waiting 30 minutes, I was told it would be another 30 minutes. Then after I had been waiting for over an hour, they told me they didn’t have the medication in stock, actually. They pulled an employee to the front to be a “manager” for my complain who I KNOW is not a manager, since I have been into the store often enough.

2) I was told there was no pharmacist on duty. During one completely unprofessional transaction, I demanded to speak to a pharamacist and was told that there was not one working that day. Now, either they were lying to me, or there was no pharmacist in which case they are breaking the law because one is required to be on duty.

The person counting out pills (visible from the check-out) stammered that he was a pharmacist then changed it to tech then said he was in charge of the pharmacy medication and that made him a pharmacist.

3) I was given the wrong patient’s medications once. This was early on when I started using Walgreens, so I wasn’t furious yet. I quietly returned the medication and got my correct ones.

4) They have sent refill requests to wrong doctors for old prescriptions which of course got denied, and made me look like a drug seeker. And then they denied they did this.

5) They sent an letter for authorization to my insurance company for a drug I have NEVER taken before, and which is a restricted substance. My doctor was, of course, quite curious about this request. They failed to send the correct request to my insurance company or to my doctor for the medication I actually do take.

6) They lie. They said to my boyfriend that they couldn’t fill my WRITTEN prescription without a doctors authorization, (they are rude and seem to think that I am scamming them, even though I come in monthly for the same medication from the same doctor) and when my boyfriend asked that they call the doctor then, the snide girl said “We don’t do that here.” My boyfriend took the prescription back and came home. Once home, called the pharmacy quite angry.

They told me over the phone “If you had left the prescription here, we could have called your doctor.” They have pulled a stunt like this on me several times, where in store where it would require work like faxing, or a phone call, they claim they don’t do it in store. The doctor has to do it. But if I call from outside the store, they tell me that if I had stayed in the store they could try to call my doctor/fax something/whatever-it-was which they refused to do in-store a few minutes prior.

7) To make up the correct dose of my medication, I take two pills of different strengths of the same medication. One month, they were out of one of the strengths I needed, so I had to open the capsules of some of the pills, and divide the little beads exactly in half. Then I had to take a double dose of the lesser strength when it finally came in stock. The next month I tried to fill both at the same time, so my medication dosage would stay easy and on schedule. The insurance wouldn’t cover it, but I said I would pay out of pocket, I jsut wanted to keep my medication on schedule.

The pharmacy refused to fill it, acting like I was abusing my medications even though I had explained the situation to them. Then the pharmacy tech wrote in big scrawling letters “Tried to refill too early” on the prescription so I couldnt take it anywhere else. Considering they knew exactly what was going on, and knew exactly what had gone wrong with my medication dose that month, they had no excuse to behave to rudely to me.

8) They have “lost” messages my doctor has given them. They have claimed to have sent my doctor faxes he never received. I believe my doctor is telling the truth when he says that he left a message with them or that he did not receive a fax because he has a track-record for being well organized, while Walgreens has a track-record for being a disaster.

9) The techs are incredibly rude to not only me, but to other customers. I watch them treat older people like crap, especially older people who are foreign. The example that springs most readily to mind is of a very nice older gentleman (I heard every word… so much for privacy) trying to fill 2 prescriptions. They gave him a generic instead of the brand name. he kept on telling the tech they had given him the wrong medication, repeating the brand-name the doctor had written and pointing out that the generic name was different.

The tech said with a huge attitude of superiority “They are the same- next?” While the old man kept on saying “They are not the same ! _______ is not _________! Read it!” (I am not listing the medication for his privacy… something Walgreens does not seem to care about.) Instead of telling the older gentleman what a generic was, the tech kept on just saying “They are the same. This is hte same as this. They are the same.” The behavior was disgusting. This SAME TRIP another tech was impatiently and rudely asking an older lady with a cane what medication she wanted filled today. The lady said she wasn;t sure (names sounded familiar) it was the medication the doctor prescribed her last time.

The tech kept on grilling the little old lady rudely saying “you don’t even know which medication you’re on?” When all she had to do was look in the computer at the most recently prescribed med. At a different date I also saw a pharmacy tech grilling an emaciated man who obviously was very sick about his use of painkillers. IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE LINE OF CUSTOMERS!!!!

This man LOOKED like he was dying of cancer- it didnt take a genius to see he was in pain from the way he shuffled and leaned on his cane. And the tech was behaving towards him like this sick man was an addict trying to get a fix, questioning why he needed another refill so soon and questioning the dosage and otherwise talking to the man like he was trash. It made me sick to see the employees abuse their power like that and mistreat vulnerable individuals.

10) the pharmacist (when he is on duty… see notation above) is no better than his staff, and makes no effort to be helpful, to be pleasant, or otherwise remedy the situations his staff create. He seems to encourage their behavior. Attitude trickles down from the top. This pharmacist is the person who blatantly told me one thing in the store (“We don’t do that here”) and then when I left and called in angrily told me “Well if you had only left the paper copy, we could do it.”

AVOID THIS STORE IT IS NOT WORTH THE BATTLE. I am wrestling one last prescription from their rude, snarky claws and then never going back again, no matter how inconvenient it may be to pay at another pharmacy.

Customer Rating

In Nov. of this year I filled a prescription at the local walgreens on East 33rd street in Des Moines Ia for my son, who at the time was less than six weeks old. The information on the bottle was incorrect, and the instructions read to give two teaspoons of the med. I was told by my doct. to give one mililiter. The medication was for Dilantian and was 5 mg/ml and was for a procedure he was having (hita scan). If I would have given my son the dose on the bottle I could have killed him. Being an Lpn I knew it was wrong and contacted the pharmicist. He said it was mislabled and a reprot would be filed.

I have since used the same pharm. for myself and had several problems. I have turned in prescriptions only to be told they do not have the med. “in stock” and had to wait days for it to be filled.
Also, recently i was prescribed an xr med which needed a signed note from my doct saying that it was necessary so my insurance would cover it, I spoke with the nurse and she told me it would be taken care of the next day. Now almost two weeks later still havent been able to get my medicene that I really need… very frustrating… and during it all no “I’m sorry ma’am” or offered coupons or anything to compensate for the inconvienence.

Customer Rating

On January 14, 2013 at approximately 2:30 pm I decided to try the Walgreen’s just out side our gated community which is located off Kings Hwy and Rampart, Port Charlotte, Florida. I thought it would be easier to run to the drug store that was 2 min. away instead of fighting all the traffic on Kings Hwy. going to Wal Mart. I have been taking percocet 5-325 off and on for some 40 years. I was severely injured in Viet Nam. I gave to script to the Pharmacist, after waiting for 10 min. he stated that he was not going to fill it, I asked why not, I have been taking it since I was in Viet Nam, he said that 240 pills were to many pills, and that I should not be taking this script, (He knows nothing about my medical history) he further stated that Dr. Memon does not know what he is doing by prescribing this medication for me. Then he accused me of selling the pills, I then took my key chain Walgreens card and tols him to shove it where the sun does not shine. I am also going to file a complaint with the Medical board for practicing medicine without a license. I am also going to inform Dr. Memom of the slnderist statement made by your employee.

Customer Rating

on12/18/2012 i purchased an amazon.com gift card from walgreens the next day i tried to use the card and was told it was invalid so i went back to walgreens and they acted like therr was nothin00g the could about it and gave me a number day is 1/3/2013 and they still have done nothing but stole my money this is the same letter i am sending to don giriffin action9 news here in charlotte i think after all the inconven

Customer Rating

This Saturday i stopped by a Walgreen s located on the corner of breed st and Cesar E. Chavez ave in los Angeles well what happened ws the following , i was looking for for a gift fue a little boy so they had a special in were you buy 2 toys and get 3rd free.. well I got two for him and one for my daughter when i got to the register to pay i nicely asked the guy cashier to explain the special offer to me so here did, but i had taken an extra toy car ., so he scanned everything as he explained . so o told him to take out the extra car i didnt wanted it, well he did take it out but still got charged for it. i never check my receipts but as i sat on my car i ws wondering why I got charged so much so i told my husband to go back but we were already late for the party after i ask him to stop by but he said that what was the point that they weren’t gonna believe me and i could go back and take the gift back.. my point here is that right now with this ecinomy we cannot have the luxury to be throwing money away .. this xmas my daughters only got one present from santa each compared to other years it was really nothing!! So for that casier to make such mistake is not acceptable ia

Customer Rating

WALGREENS MAIL ORDER DEPARTMENT is the most dishonest company I have ever ordered from.
My husband has a heart valve problem and diabetes, he was approved for a new diet drug Qsymia. This
was ordered from Walgreens mail-order because it is not available in stores. The first shipment contained
information stating seizures could occur if medication was stopped without consulting physician. When time for refill came 45 day later he called to reorder concerned that the meds would run out before time. He called Walgreens mail-order who stated he was on auto refill and it should have already been shipped they had made a mistake it the meds would be overnight shipped to him at there expense. This was on a Thursday. We live on a gates farm. The gate was left open on Friday and Saturday no meds. On Monday he called back was told they had shipped. He stated they lied to him about the shipment and he did not want to continue the meds with no dependable way to refill them he was told that a return address label would be sent for the meds to be returned. This did not happen. My husband got sick about ten days later he stayed in bed for two day, he did not have seizures but I had to watch him to ensure he was OK. Today 12/27/12 we called and requested the return address label be emailed to us we were told our return request had been denied. They stated a message was left on our answering machine on the 11th, this was also a lie. If anyone needs this medication PLEASE order from anyone except Walgreens. We do business with our local Walgreens and they are the most caring, professional, and competent people anywhere.

Companies Like Walgreens

• CVS (152)
    40.526315789474

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!