Customer Satisfaction Results

Walgreens

Complaint Department

Filed by Nathan Alston on Jan 24, 2015
Consumer Rating

On this morning (01/24/2015), at about 3:30am, I visited the Amherst, NY - Sheridan Drive and Parker Ave - store location to make a purchase. As my purchases were few (just two items), and I knew of their locations in the store, it was no more than two minutes before I was at the register. As it was late, the stores a bell system set up, to alert storage store employee(s) that someone either has entered the store, or that someone has approached the register. I was at the register no later than 03:33, and waited for someone to answer the bell alert. No one came. I continued waiting and, still, no one came. After about five minutes I walked back, a little, to have the bell sound again. Another five minutes elapsed, with no one coming to the register. It was 03:43 when I yelled out 'HELLO' , in an attempt to gain someone's attention. Then there was a wait of another three minutes, with no response from anyone. At 03:46 I left my intended purchases on the counter, and walked out of the store. That was purely unacceptable. I am a very frequent shopper at Walgreens, and I have never, EVER experienced anything like this before, at any of your stores. You haven't lost a customer, but I don't think that I will ever go to that location with any late-night purchasing concerns.This matter needs to be addressed.

27 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Walgreens?

Compare Walgreens to Similar Pharmacies more...

Walgreens Customer Feedback Trending Now

92 Walgreens consumers have created complaints against Walgreens to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Walgreens complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Walgreens corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

First of all we will never shop at a Walgreens again. We have been dealing with Walgreens for over 30 years. This Walgreens here in New Port Ritchey is the WORST Walgreens ever. They are on Main Street and Rt 19 here in New Port Ritchey Florida. They are not friendly to deal with. and getting meds is the biggest joke. I had to get a scrip for my meds to get filled and I live one block from this Walgreen but, because my doctor is 15 miles away that wrote this scrip they won't fill it. They told me I had to drive 15 miles to Hudson to get this filled. I am getting ready for back surgery I can't ride for that far. So we are going to have all my husbands scrips filled now at CVS which is 2 blocks longer for us. This is just the many things that have happened to us. This is a horrible thing for me. I am in so much pain with my back. This Walgreens doesn't have enough people to wait on when someone is getting their meds. We went to the Walgreen is Fort Meyers we never had this kind of problem. We hate this Walgreens in New Port Ritchey it should be out of business.

Consumer Rating

I went into Walgreens at 31st and Harvard to talk to pharmacist about a mistake that his pharmacy made. The pharmacist name is Fong Lou. When I explained to him what happened he just kept saying by law when you turn in one prescription it cancels the other which in the past they have never done that this time he then started telling me he knows what the medicine is he knows that we abuse it but he gives us the benefit of the doubt. I was very offended I did not expect to walking to Walgreens and pretty much be called a drug addict in front of a store full of people by the pharmacist. I will never go back there again I got angry and told him it was bullshit what he said and he told me to leave or he was calling the cops.

Consumer Rating

I have a complaint about a pharmacist named John ? ( refused to give me last name) my first incident happened 3/5/2015 evening when he took it upon himself to call my prescribes, an physician asst. and tell her that was too much pain medicine for me and she canceled one of my scripts, I had to wait 5 days to get in touch with her to get my meds, when I went to fill it, he was looking at my prescription and talking on the phone for a long time, I asked if he was going to fill it he said"I don't have to fill anything I don't want too". I took it to another Walgreen's that had no problem filling it. My 2nd complaint happened today 4/7/2015 at 1:00pm when he seen my prescription, he said they were out of stock when I asked if they could order it, he said no, when I asked why, there was no answer! This store is located at 251 Cumberland ave. Morristown, Tn. 37813. I have been using this pharmacy for 6 yes and have never had a problem..please reply to this complaint

Consumer Rating

Went to buy some Zyrtec D and the pharmacist ran to the back of the pharmacy while I was at the window and wanted me to shout in front of everyone about what I needed. I said, would you mind coming to the cashier so I can ask you instead of shouting in front of everyone? I ended having to shout that I needed some Zyrtec D and that he needed to scan my driver license to provide me with the medication. Immediately, he called the store manager and asked him to sell me the medication. In Utah Zyrtec D is a controlled substance and requires pharmacy personnel to sell it to you. The guy that the pharmacist called was the night manager, a young guy with no license to sell me the medication. The guy provided me with the wrong medication first. After correcting him and pointing to the Zyrtec D I asked if he was licensed to sell me the medication. The response was no.

Someone needs to seriously look into this. This situation other than disturbing is serious and need the intervention of Corporate. This pharmacist needs serious training. Who knows what is being sell to people at this place.

Walgreens
1315 N State Street
Provo, Utah.
03/31/2015
12:20 AM

Consumer Rating

I have given Walgreens and Davenport Iowa on West Locust Street business for years.been a lot of money than a loyal customer.AM disable gail on fixed income...5 weeks ago on a Saturday freezing cold night, about last night of sales.was in there.have bad discs,..don't have time to mention everything else can share with new line manager patty came up have no clue what she was doing talk to me like I was in 1st grade will bring this all over one by one I am using shampoo coupons and rewards before.told her she'd have to put in my phone number again for the discount and tried to give her the coupon didn't put in my phone number Thomas said that wasn't the right Groupon even though done this many times.total ass out of me but she was wrong hello other customers making remarks.after 15 minutes I hurt so bad had to leave.sure she didn't tell anyone about all the money they lost the monster.

I went home and called asking for corporate number she answered and told me to look it up myself.I told her to do.she gives me a number to another store in town.that guy was very helpful but too far to drive for him to take care of me.another gal manager there sweet one supposed to have guy in charge there call me and obviously they didn't have them,..even have a three dollar item I need to take back.when to drive up window for medicine a couple times 34 but due to the embarrassment the and like I was a dog come back in the store or any other.major computer glitch wonder if they know how much they lost that night and since.I have been nothing but nice to them.call home office supposed to be investigating haven't heard from them so that's a pile of Crap.tell me 5 on reward card.

Consumer Rating

The staff working in the pharmacy department at Walgreens in Mequon WI. either need to be better trained or replaced with more competent people who are more customer service oriented. Each time I go to pick up a prescription, I "ALWAYS" encounter an excessively long delay before receiving my prescription. The time spent waiting for a response from the people working there is beyond excessive. It appears as though the staff was never properly trained in providing efficient customer service. During my last visit, I was standing in a line with six other people for an unusually long time while noticing that one of the two pharmacy technicians spent over ten minutes with just one person. She seemed to be unconcerned about the people in line who were growing more impatient and annoyed as they continued to wait. The other pharmacy tech. was walking around in slow motion while appearing to be in a state of confusion. Eventually ,two people standing in line walked off looking very angry and frustrated. The service (or lack of service) is unacceptable, not only to me but to many other people I know. The waiting time is unacceptable. This problem needs to be corrected ASAP because I personally ( and I'm certain many others as well) am planning to take my business elsewhere. Please look into this chronic problem and get this matter corrected.

Consumer Rating

I went to Walgreens(Richmond Road, Lexington, Kentucky) on a Sunday evening for some OTC medication but needed to ask the pharmacist a question about it. When I went to the counter another customer was waiting there to pick up some prescriptions and the pharmacist was on the telephone. I waited for almost 10 minutes before he got off the phone and waited on the woman ahead of me. He was friendly, not in a hurry and made small talk and took what I felt was an unacceptably long time checking her out. By this time I had been there waiting to ask a question for more than 15 minutes! Just before the woman ahead of me was finished, a car came up to the drive through and as soon as he finished with the woman ahead of me the pharmacist said "I'll be right with you" and went to wait on the drive through and left me standing there!! They had questions and he was looking things up for them so I just left and went to a pharmacy that actually has customer service.

Consumer Rating

when I filled a prescription for an ointment for itching from my eye doctor, the prescrip was filled with a tube that cost $84.00!! it was 45g!!! like a large tube of toothpaste!! why would I be sold that large amount for a small itchy area by my eye? For the money, of course!!!!! I will take all future business to CVS.

Consumer Rating

I am a dentist of 33 years & used Walgreens' Rx extensively throughout my practicing years. Change of medical insurance always reeks havoc when it comes to filling Rx & hoping the pharmacist processes the insurance properly. I have had a RX for fentanyl patches for 4 years now. The refill of my Rx has been a nightmare with walgreens' pharmacists. They don't process the same from pharmacist to pharmacist even thought the same Rx. Too many things to discuss here. Need someone to contact me for telephone consult.

Consumer Rating

This is the second time i am writing this. On March 18th 2015, my sister and I went into the walgreens in our town, (Breaux Bridge, La) to pick up scripts. I picked up a few things and before picking up my scripts I went to the restroom and it was locked. I asked the girl at the counter of the pharmacy could you unlock it. and She said No. that it is locked up after 8pm. Mind you, it is an all night store. I have been doing business here at this store for 8 plus years. I spoke to a manager and she said no also. they were all congregating in the front of the store at the time. My sister and I were the only two customers in there at the time. They thought it was funny. I am 62 years old and I feel that a regular customer should be treated with a little more respect. much less any other customer purchasing something in your store to keep you working. I would like an answer from you. Will I get one. I am not writing this for fun. I want to know if something can be done about this. If nothing can be done I will go where they will take care of me. I will pull all my scripts out of Walgreens and go somewhere else. the store is at 1401 Rees Street, Breaux Bridge, La 70517.

Consumer Rating

I had a prescription from my eye doctor for Betamethasone Dipropionate Ointment USP. Dr's office asked where to call the prescrip in to. told them Walgreens at 11420 S Fortuna Rd, Yuma, AZ. previously had a prescrip filled for a similar ointment. came in a small tube, very moderate price. this time, they rang up a charge of $83.99 and handed me this tube as large as a tube of toothpaste! I was so shocked. said what is this. was told this is what was ordered. I paid for it and left. should not have, I guess. well, I did call the dr office and they said they did not order that large of a prescription. I feel that Walgreens Pharmacy took it upon themselves to sell me a far greater amount than I needed - for a hugh increase in profit.

Consumer Rating

I have been doing my business with Walgreens, out of Breaux Bridge La for the last 8 / 9 years . I buy all my medicine there. When going there to pick up my medicine I always buy extra things while I am there. I went in last Wednesday (3-18-15) at approx. 8:30 PM. My sister and I were both picking up Meds. I said to her while you are getting yours I will go to the Restroom. It was locked. I asked the girl to open it and she said no. I went and looked for a manager and was told no , due to it being locked after 8 pm every night. I mentioned that I was a customer purchasing something and that I needed to go badly . They would not let me. Well to whom this may concern. I am in the process of taking all my meds out and going to another pharmacy. It was rude and a big inconvenience on me. I am 62 years old and had to hurry and leave so I would not have an accident. Shame on your company for not accommodating of your older customers much less anyone else. Store Location is 1401 Rees St Breaux Bridge, La 70517 337-507-3813.

Consumer Rating

Pharmacy Department at Walgreens on the corner of Beach and Westminster. 5:15PM give the lady my scripts I just got from the Dr 20 minutes prior. She tells me 1 hour to fill. I've filled both scripts there numerous times, I wait, I shop, I spend money there. I go back to Pharmacy at 6:20PM the girl tells me they are filling it now 5 minutes. I sit right in front of the pharmacy at the 30 minute point - 7:00 I ask about my scripts. One script the doctor needs to sign a form for my insurance, they would know this and it is after 5 so why would they tell me today in one hour? I don't know. I would think they would know. The second script the insurance won't cover until the 25th. REALLY!! So the hour should of been tomorrow! Huge waist of time and after I leave I get a text my script aren't ready. No Kidding. I'm not sure who they employ, but if neither of the scripts would not be ready in one hour or even today - why have me come back and then have me wait? REALLY! If you would let me I'd do a 0 stars if you would let me. These are the only 2 scripts I have there too, the other 5 I have I fill at Rite Aid for this reason - when they are ready they are ready. Seriously!

Consumer Rating

I took three rolls of film and request a CD only, no photos. One roll of film was black and white film. All three rolls were accepted by Walgreens. Today when I went to pick them up, I was told. We are sorry, it was a mistake to accept the black and white roll since we can't process them. In the envelope was a rolls of negative paper with nothing on them. Of course there is no way to ever replace photos that were taken on that roll of film. Terrible customer service. I guess the person taking the order could not read the label on the roll that clearly stated it was Black and White film.

Consumer Rating

I dropped off my RX at 12:10. I went back to the store window at 1:40. I waited in line util 2:24 then they said they almost had it ready. At 2:30 she Blamed my insurance and said I might be able to get it in another hour.

Consumer Rating

Tried last year to set up my pet, dog on Walgreens RXpet program. The big scary blond behind the counter didn't understand or even know there was such a program. She was very rude and tossec my dogs prescription of insulin on the counter and said do you want it? I said NO! For some reason I drove 10 miles to another Walgreens near where I work. Well I met a shining angel' no kidding that seemed like an expert at everything. She set us up and thanked me for coming in. Problem here is I have been back every month for a year now and I've never seen her again. I have been mistreated at least 10 out of the last 12 visits and have determined that Walgreens must be a terrible place to work and the people they are anle to retain are WAY "Under" qualified to deal with the public. Note: after the last refill on 3/4/15 which the price increased 28% and no one could explain why I received a new e-mail on 3/6/2015 saying that that same refill was eligible for refill? Crazy and scary that people like this are in charge of something so important.

Consumer Rating

I would like to let know who it concerns that I will not be returning to any Walgreens store in the future.I visited the store located at 8714 East Brainerd Rd. Chattanooga,Tn 37421 and was completely appalled at the TERRIBLE customer service.I purchased a box of your store brand ibuprofin at another walgreens store on 3/3 and realized I picked up the large tablets instead of what I usually get,which is the smaller round ones.I happened to be in the East Brainerd area and stopped by the Walgreens I listed above to get an exchange.Well when I explained to the cashier Penny that I would like to get an exchange she was insulting and rude.First she accused me of not even buying the the medicine at a Walgreens,even though it was a Walgreens brand.Her attitude was very rude,accustory and unfriendly.

She hatefully said without a reciept she would need to get a manager.So she called a manager up and he was just as rude as she was.He repeatedly asked where I purchased it from even though I clearly stated where I bought it from.As he was trying to scan it,it wouldn't show up on the screen,so he asked the original cashier we were dealing with why it wasn't showing up and she said it was because it didn't come from Walgreens!!Basically implying we were trying to pull some kind of scam! Well yet another person was called up front to assist,and it turns on he wasn't clicking price check before scanning! I even asked if they can look up my card number to validate that I did indeed buy this item from Walgreens. I Was simply met with accoustory glares.

The female manger named Danzania was the only one there being decent and professional.The older male continued to be rude.I even stated where I purchased again and he said,"Yea, assuming you are telling me the truth" To say this was out of line and unprofessional is a total and complete understatement.To be accused of wrong doing before checking the facts is unacceptable.I did get the item exchanged but only after being humiliated and embarrased.I will not be returning.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

Went in to the Walgreen pharmacy to get a prescription filled. I gave the prescription to the the pharmacy tech, she put the information into the system. I noticed the foreign pharmacist looking at me and looking at the prescription several times. I was wondering what was taking so long and why he kept looking at me strangely. The pharmacy tech finally called me up to the counter to tell me that the pharmacist needed to verify the pain medication the following day and could not fill the prescription. I asked what the problem was and his response was, " its just a routine thing". I immediately became angry, I am in pain just had a knee scope done and you want me to wait to get pain medicine until tomorrow. I am an 49 year old African American professional female, not a drug addict trying to get a fix. I always use Walgreen's to fill all my prescriptions, and never had an issue.

I took my prescription to another Walgreen's less than 2 miles away, they filled my prescription in less than 15 minutes, didn't ask any questions. This occurred in at Walgreen's in Cordova, TN 38016 at the corner of Hwy 64 and Germantown Pkwy. I called back to the store and asked for his name, I am going to file a formal complaint against Ra0j Cegu, for his unprofessional behavior.

Consumer Rating

In 2014 I turned in a script from Urgent care for 10 5mg oxycodone. Walgreens is located in the same building. The pharmacist refused to fill the medication. The following week she apologized and said she did not know why she acted that way. Her name is Ginny, Springfield, OR. In 2015 the same pharmacist Ginny, reported that I wanted to fill a photocopy script. This person is a nut! She held my script in her hand and we discussed it. I took it to another Walgreens the following day and had it filled without any problems.

Are these pharmacist under a lot of stress or what? Ginny seems worn out and her hair is tied back but always very messy. The patients wanting to fill their scripts have to stand at the counter or wait in drive thru for up to 20 minutes just to be acknowledged. I do over 100,000 in medication every year with walgreens but not anymore. I am moving my prescriptions to another pharmacy. Walgreens has too many complaints. Everyone should stop shopping there. They are very expensive. Did you know you can fill a script at Costco without having a membership? The family owned pharmacies are usually pretty good too!

Consumer Rating

I finally got a call back 2 x.....yeah...I've been there since opening but there workmanship has been very poor lately.last 3 months... so if you've experienced problems as I have call the bigger Walgreens I see it works.......

Contact the Walgreens Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Walgreens. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 200 Wilmot Road
    • Deerfield
    • IL 60015
  • I want to call the Walgreens customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

847-315-2500
  • I need to visit the Walgreens company website. What is their website address?