Customer Satisfaction Results

Walgreens

Complaint Department

Posted by Nathan Alston on Jan 24, 2015
Customer Rating

On this morning (01/24/2015), at about 3:30am, I visited the Amherst, NY - Sheridan Drive and Parker Ave - store location to make a purchase. As my purchases were few (just two items), and I knew of their locations in the store, it was no more than two minutes before I was at the register. As it was late, the stores a bell system set up, to alert storage store employee(s) that someone either has entered the store, or that someone has approached the register. I was at the register no later than 03:33, and waited for someone to answer the bell alert. No one came. I continued waiting and, still, no one came. After about five minutes I walked back, a little, to have the bell sound again. Another five minutes elapsed, with no one coming to the register. It was 03:43 when I yelled out 'HELLO' , in an attempt to gain someone's attention. Then there was a wait of another three minutes, with no response from anyone. At 03:46 I left my intended purchases on the counter, and walked out of the store.

That was purely unacceptable. I am a very frequent shopper at Walgreens, and I have never, EVER experienced anything like this before, at any of your stores. You haven't lost a customer, but I don't think that I will ever go to that location with any late-night purchasing concerns.This matter needs to be addressed.

19 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Walgreens provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Walgreens?

Compare Walgreens to Similar Pharmacies more...

More Walgreens Complaints

Customer Rating

On Thursday, January 09, 2015, my pain management doctor namely Dr. Jonathan K. Lee, Arrowhead Orthopaedics Facility, 15095 Amargosa Rd. Ste. #106 Proscribed me some pain medication consisting of 90 tablets of 30mg Oxycodone. On the same above-mentioned date I took the prescription to Walgreen Pharmacy to get it filled. I was told by an employee that they would have to call my doctor to verify the prescription. So, I left the prescription there and returned on Monday, January 12, 2015 to check on the status. when I arrived it took them an hour to locate my prescription. I was told it was filled under my first name as opposed to last name. after all of this commotion I was told I needed an additional authorization from my insurance carrier. On Friday, January 16, 2015, I returned with the requested additional authorization. Again they refused to fill my pain medication prescription on the predicate another employee documented on the computer it failed to meet Walgreen's requirements. I inquired what requirements did my prescription did not meet? I was told that they could not reveal that information to me. I have been wrongfully deprived of my pain medication and subjected to unreasonable pain and suffering due to prejudicial measures performed by Tia Tran, Rph, Pharmacy Manager at the Walgreen's establishment located at 1301 W. Baseline Street, San Bernardino, CA 92411.

15 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I went to walgreens on 1/21.15......your pharmacy manager almanda h. Would not fill my order she said she did not fell right filling my order and walked off from the drive thru window just plain nasty rude no respect! We the mckenzie family have been using walgreens for 15 plus years. After lastnight i will never use walgreens for anything eles what ever happen to good custmor service!

11 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was waiting for my insurance company to a prove my medicine so went ahead and purchased at Walgreens two pills that cost me $89.00. Two days later my insurance company approved my prescription. Walgreens did not want to submit the 8 pills they only submitted 6 pills to the insurance company because I had payed out of pocket for 2. I was approved for the 8 pills! They didn't even want to call the insurance help desk so I payed $89.00 plus $30.00 copay for 6 more pills. Walgreens pharmacy was no help at all!

9 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi, Several months ago I kept trying to pick up a script that was called in by my Dr. The staff kept saying it was not there. Finally one man told me that my Dr. denied me the medicine I needed. I called the Dr's office and was told it was sent to the pharmacy. Again the same man told me my Dr. denied the request. I finally found out that the doctor's office sent it to a different pharmacy. I was so angry that I went to this man and asked him why he lied and told me this. MY DOCTOR NEVER DENIED THE REQUEST. HE ADMITTED THAT HE TOLD ME THIS.
On wednesday 1-14-15 at about 2:30 P.M. I went through the drive thru to pick up a refill for my husband. The young lady told me there was no thing there for him. I went home and my husband informed me he did not pick it up. Later in the evening we went back to walgreens and low and behold it was there. The script was filled on 1-10-15. I am beginning to think I made a mistake switching pharmacies.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

one day i came home and saw my dad pulled out tons of meds including OTC and some rxs and dad also mentioned he pay alot for copays so i took a look at his meds. What really disturbed me was when i saw him pulled out two cough meds so i asked him not to take it at same time. I went thru all of his meds and more than half of his pickups were Otcs which he paid arm and leg for which i could have bought it cheaper for him. But i’ll let that slide for this time and i asked my dad if the tech asked him if he needs consultations from the pharmacist which is not just walgreens policies but it is a protocol from state board of pharmacy aka ITS THE LAW. Dad said no one asked him if he needs consultations so he left. i was upset bc i moved my parents’ meds there for reasons and the 2nd time i am for sure i will report to the state board regarding to the one of the tech’s irresponsible act of untrained and uncaring. I picked up my mom’s that day and it was the first time she took that med and i have already mentioned it is the law no matter what, pharmacist needs to give consultation and i waited, the tech didnt ask if i needed one and i left pharmacy knowing i would never return back. I recall the day before when i came to pick up my mom’s med and it wasnt ready, i brought up the issues w my dad’s med few days prior to that visit and the pharmacist at the time was so adamant about ‘ITS WALGREENS’ POLICIES WE ALWAYS GIVE CONSULTATIONS TO PATIENTS’ , so this time i am going to report to the state board to see what they would say about it. I will have to move my parents’ meds to another pharmacy which is more trusting and more careful bc they almost killed my dad by giving him two cough meds which one was robitussin dm and promethazine dm at the same time while he has high blood pressure. This is one big disappointment and would ever go back to walgreens? absolutely not.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Walgreens is unbelievable. I reside in Saint Lucie county FL and my physician resides in Kissimmee Fl and because my residence is in a different county than my physician Walgreens will not fill my prescriptions. Unfortunently i am forced to see the physician that i have for he is the only physician that can handle my multiple health issues...In addition, there is no physicians around this county that can handle my health issues. In my opinion as well as many others (i will have sign a petition for the media to advertise for us, possible class action suit) this whole walgreens not filling for patients whom need their medications is horrifyingly out of control. Someone has to do something about this dillema that all of us patients are encountering.

Customer Rating

I want to make a complaint about a pharmacist that works at this Walgreens located at: 2551 W. main street, Alhambra, CA. 91801…
While i was trying to get a nasal decongestant. that in the pass years i would pick it up off the shelf in the store. Now i have to stand in a line at the pharmacy counter. Which i did, but while standing in line, this pharmacist person was treating me bad, then he throw a dime on the counter. I think this pharmacist thought i was a bum, because of my beard, and wanted money? so i left the Walgreens. while i was leaving, the store manager said something to me. i don’t know what he was saying. I told him i’m leaving.
I think he was being a jerk as well as the pharmacist that blow up at me..

All i wanted was a cold & allergy medicine, Not a bunch of shit
from this China Man.

Customer Rating

i seen one of your managers at a store i was in the other day, and they where taking a few items to the back and didnt pay for the them. Then I seen this same person go outside in her car on break and smoke a joint on the premises. This same person I have seen use profanity towards other employees while customers where watching. This same employee when she goes outside to smoke a cigarette she stands right next to the front door where customers come in and out at. her name is tj and she is a black woman.

Customer Rating

This Walgreens never has any meds. It always take 2-3 days to get any prescription filled. It never keeps any meds in stock for customers. I had 1 prescription they told me to go to another store to get cause they wouldn't fill it. I went to another Walgreens and had it in 10 mins. It's a shame I have to drive 30 miles out of town to get the prescription at another Walgreens!!!!! They never get it right. Today they forgot my insulin. I am tired of giving this Walgreens my business.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I would like to let know who it concerns that I will not be returning to any Walgreens store in the future.I visited the store located at 8714 East Brainerd Rd. Chattanooga,Tn 37421 and was completely appalled at the TERRIBLE customer service.I purchased a box of your store brand ibuprofin at another walgreens store on 3/3 and realized I picked up the large tablets instead of what I usually get,which is the smaller round ones.I happened to be in the East Brainerd area and stopped by the Walgreens I listed above to get an exchange.Well when I explained to the cashier Penny that I would like to get an exchange she was insulting and rude.First she accused me of not even buying the the medicine at a Walgreens,even though it was a Walgreens brand.Her attitude was very rude,accustory and unfriendly.

She hatefully said without a reciept she would need to get a manager.So she called a manager up and he was just as rude as she was.He repeatedly asked where I purchased it from even though I clearly stated where I bought it from.As he was trying to scan it,it wouldn't show up on the screen,so he asked the original cashier we were dealing with why it wasn't showing up and she said it was because it didn't come from Walgreens!!Basically implying we were trying to pull some kind of scam! Well yet another person was called up front to assist,and it turns on he wasn't clicking price check before scanning! I even asked if they can look up my card number to validate that I did indeed buy this item from Walgreens. I Was simply met with accoustory glares.

The female manger named Danzania was the only one there being decent and professional.The older male continued to be rude.I even stated where I purchased again and he said,"Yea, assuming you are telling me the truth" To say this was out of line and unprofessional is a total and complete understatement.To be accused of wrong doing before checking the facts is unacceptable.I did get the item exchanged but only after being humiliated and embarrased.I will not be returning.

Customer Rating

Pharmacy Manager (Martin) in Liberty, Mo. Refused to refill my perscription on date that was on my bottle refill, very arrogant and we had words this is not the first time I have had issues or listened to other people arguing at this Walgreens location, I will be transferring all my perscriptions! customer service horrible and the fact that the managers are suppose to be setting examples not acceptable as a customer service. Manager AVP I would fire all the managers as the story is now tainted!

Customer Rating

It started about 3 months ago. In covingto ga on 278. They don't have medicine ready when you call in ..they won't call you back after you have emailed script in to let. You know not ready too soon ins. Don't cover...I was short 25 or more of pills about 2 months ago...it's just all changed I waited on phone the other day about 25 minutes for them..today I was told to pick up my medicine when I called in 18...the script was dated 18 so it was due she just wanted to show a little authority an make me wait...then said she was working on it...it's Bern ready for 4 days....you will be looking a customer an sure more.the treatment is very unkind...

Customer Rating

I had a prescription for Vicodin ES . they told me 20mins a whole hour went by and i was told nothing. then the people in the back started going on break. nothing the lady came to me and said that they had to call my doctor. about the strength of the meds. and then a whole hour went by i am still sitting there while other people . are getting there meds. and then two hours later she tells me the doctor is gone for the day and they where waiting for the nurse to call back. i sat there for two hours for nothing 6 people working in the back and i got nothing but complaints

Customer Rating

I bought 2 Walgreens phone cards and can hardly use them. I get hung up on by whoever is working at the company over and over.

It comes across as a system to just take people's money!

I have used phone cards before without any trouble. I used to have no trouble with them. But, now I have a 20 dollar phone card that I can't even get through on.

The pin number of this card is 1492 755 4428.

Customer Rating

Walgreens pharmacy's customer service is horrible. I called a prescription in 2-3 days early and it wasn't filled. To make it worse, I wasn't called. i had to call in to find this out. And when I got upset, the person on the other end of the phone was very rude. I asked for the manager and was told she would be coming off of vacation on Monday. When she called me on Monday, she was very defensive and blamed the doctor. I am tired of this "defense." I DON'T KNOW whose fault it is and I DON'T CARE. I thought I WAS THE CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!! Anyway the manager (Greta Roos at the Metairie , LA Walgreen's) could have CARED LESS. What happened to Customer Service?????? I will look for a company that has good customer service.

Customer Rating

When I got to the check out counter I was in obvious pain and using the store cart to hold me upright. The check out girl asked if I had rewards and when I said no she asked if I wanted to fill out a card and I answered not at this time. She saw the items I was checking out! A heating pad, ice pacs, ibuprofen! The store manager was checking out right next to her. When I questioned her about some of the prices she said I could not have sale price without a card! Now, I respect stores that have their own cards for discount like Safeway, Frys, etc. I have them! But there has never been a problem with using the store general discount card or I have often provided my card to purchasers before and after me. I was obviously in pain. I did not want to stay and fill out a card. Never once did she say "I understand", "Would you like to take home the paperwork and bring it back?". And the manager just looked my way and did or said nothing when I told her I would never come into a Walgreens again and I will pass this info along to my friends! I have also taken your survey and asked for a rep to call. I think this is poor management if you are trying to make people use cards or sign up for cards while they are in pain. At least in the grocery stores it says "this is the price" or "this is the price with card"! Your items just say sale! Not cool!

Customer Rating

My name is Donna Lucas I have been a loyal walgreens customer for many years. Today I visited the take care clinic in Aurora on N Randall Rd. My experience at the clinic was awesome. I am new to the area and do not have a physcian out here yet. My complaint is directed to the pharmacy. I recieved 3 prescriptions from the clinic walked to the pharmacy was told it would be about 15 mins after about a half an hr the tech told me that the computers were down it would just be a few more minutes. Another 15 mins passed now the tech is trying to contact my insurance co for co-pay amts.Mind you I'm really not feeling well and am still not getting anywhere. So i have two questions why in Gods name would you be working on your systems as one tech finally told me while the Pharmasy is stll open but unable to despence meds. and my second question is why dont i just take my business to CVS.

Customer Rating

At Walgreen's located at 70 main st. Florence, i went to fill two prescription, i waited for about 40 mint., took my medication, and came home, i was in lots a pain, so when i got home i notice that it was a mistake, i called and the attendant told me it was my doctors mistake, and i should call my doctor, so i said, thank you and hang my phone to call my doctor.

The attendant called me back,saying that i hang the phone on her face, i was upset, and told her, i was about to call my doctor,she insist o me hanging the phone, i then got mad and said a bad word to her,she should have not call me for that, she was personal and unprofessional, and am sick, and these calles are monitor.

I just said, thank you and hang up,i never had any problems before,she did not had to call me and be personal,please take care of this, because, this is the pharmacy, i always go, thank you for your concern on this matter.

Customer Rating

On December 19, 2012 at 4:30 Pm at walgreens store in Fountain Mesa I gave Mrs. Sue my prescription and was told to return in one and a half hower to pick up my medication. Well I returned for my medication and she misplaced my prescription that was giving to her and I was not able to get my medication that i needed for the day. I'm very disappointed in how dis organize this pharmacy workers are in this store could you imagine the type of mistakes that maybe happening there like giving customers the wrong medication etc, for been disorganized.

Customer Rating

On August 30th 2013 I requested a pain medication refill, that has to have Dr's approval . I called Walgreens on Sat. and was told the Dr.'s office did not return their request. This was labor day weekend, so I waited till Tuesday to ask if they had the Dr.'s approval yet. I was told No again, but they would resend it. Wens. morning I called Walgreens, and again told there was no approval sent. So, I called my Dr.'s office, and they said it was approved on Friday, and approved again on Tuesday. I called Walgreens again, this time speaking to the pharmacist. She told me they were out of the medication (hydrocodone) and it was their policy not to even request an approval from the Dr. till they had it. Big lie, she also told me that they were expecting a truck tomorrow, Thrus, and maybe it would have the medicine or maybe it would be Friday. And besides that as of Jan. they would no longer be carrying hydrocodone. She let me know that she was a rotating pharmacist, so she really didn't care (that was in so many words). Told me to feel free to call another Walgreens and see if I can get it filled. So, I did, I live in Claremore Ok, and had to drive to Owasso Ok, my prescription was filled no problem. They no trouble finding the Dr.'s approval. I am having a knee replacement very soon, and then I may be facing a hip replacement not that it's any of your business. The Walgreens in Claremore did the same thing to me last month, it took 4 days after my Dr.'s approval to get my meds. The Walgreens in Claremore is the most hectic, people running around not knowing what's going on, it's a mess. When I wait in line for medicine everyone in the line complains about Walgreens. I tried to get a flu shot there last year, filled out their paper work, and after no one ever looking my way again, I just threw it down, went to Walmart got my shot and it was a lot cheaper too. Oh did I mention that I got a call from Walgreens, Claremore this morning saying my medicine was delayed. Kind of stupid when it's already been refilled. You may think I am just mad, and I am, but everything I am saying about the Claremore Walgreens is the truth. I know CVS is going build in Claremore, and all of my meds scripts will go to them. Several of my friends have already changed there's to CVS in Owasso.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Georgia Scott on 09/05/2013 at IP address 69.35.177.183 using our Walgrreen's Clarmore Ok complaint form. This opinions contained in this Walgrreen's Clarmore Ok customer review titled, "approved prescriptions not being filled" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Contact the Walgreens Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Walgreens. What is their corporate mailing address?

200 Wilmot Road, Deerfield, IL 60015
  • I want to call the Walgreens customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

847-315-2500
  • I need to visit the Walgreens company website. What is their website address?