Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Nathan Alston
Jan 24, 2015 - Buffalo, NY
Bad

On this morning (01/24/2015), at about 3:30am, I visited the Amherst, NY - Sheridan Drive and Parker Ave - store location to make a purchase. As my purchases were few (just two items), and I knew of their locations in the store, it was no more than two minutes before I was at the register. As it was late, the stores a bell system set up, to alert storage store employee(s) that someone either has entered the store, or that someone has approached the register. I was at the register no later than 03:33, and waited for someone to answer the bell alert. No one came. I continued waiting and, still, no one came. After about five minutes I walked back, a little, to have the bell sound again. Another five minutes elapsed, with no one coming to the register. It was 03:43 when I yelled out 'HELLO' , in an attempt to gain someone's attention. Then there was a wait of another three minutes, with no response from anyone. At 03:46 I left my intended purchases on the counter, and walked out of the store. That was purely unacceptable. I am a very frequent shopper at Walgreens, and I have never, EVER experienced anything like this before, at any of your stores. You haven't lost a customer, but I don't think that I will ever go to that location with any late-night purchasing concerns.This matter needs to be addressed.

Have you had problems with Walgreens?

Compare Walgreens to Similar Pharmacies more...

Top 101 Reviews about Walgreens

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Walgreens customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I'm not in a good mood but will try to relate my many negative Walgreens experiences as best as I can. If this were just one experience I wouldn't bother but it happens most times when I shop at Walgreens. (I try to limit my stops). I usually drive by the store before I shop to see how many cars are in the lot.

Tonight there were only 2 cars so I figured I shouldn't be ignored and shouldn't have to waite. I had to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy. I received a recorded message the day before that my prescription would be late and would be notified when it was ready. I waited a day and was not notified. I stopped to check. There was one customer in front of me and her, the pharmacist, and the clerk were all having a discussion about anything and everything. I thought it might be a family reuinion.

When the customer finally left, the pharmacist quickly ran to the back to be out of sight. The clerk ran to the window looking for a possible drive-up. Either employee had the least bit of concern that I was standing in line for some time and would like to be waited on. I voiced my displeasure but they didn't seem to care. I left with part of my prescription being filled. I'm still missing part of what my Dr. ordered for me.

I'm too frustrated to return. I'll just tell my Dr. that Walgreens didn't fill it and didn't tell me why. This happens to me every time at this store. Maybe they just don't like me. Going forward I will find another pharmacy to fill my needs. I'm done with Walgreens and will not shop there again. I know I am only one customer and no big deal. I just had to let off steam. Maybe you could relay to your employees that they receive a pay check because of customers like me.

Horrible

I filled a prescription at the Walgreens on Palm and Shaw and was told that my insurance wasn't good so I paid cash for the prescription they told me if I could show that the prescription should be paid for by my insurance within 5 days that my $120.00 would be reimbursed which I did today now they are saying they gave me more than a 30 day supply which my insurance will not cover so basically im out of luck the customer service there is horrible I don't understand why they would tell me this and not follow through on their end that they had given me to many pills if I had known this I couldn't been prepared for this.

I am currently on disability with very limited income and paying for my insurance out of pocket have been with walgreens for years getting my meds. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB because of this matter no one seems to want to help me to get to the bottom of things. if I had known this ahead of time I would have been prepared but in the past my medicine was covered 100% and the people there should take a little more time to do their job and inform of things first before saying I would be able to retrieve my monies. this has put me in a hardship. I will never fill another prescription with this store again and will tell everyone I know and all my 5000 facebook followers not to go to walgreens either. Horrible place of business.

Horrible

Walgreens Hickory Hill and Knight Arnold Roads Memphis, TN. It's so obvious Walgreens pharmacy can't handle the sales volume
and they don't have enough employees between approximately 4:00 p.m. to beyond 7: 00 p.m. I brought my prescription up there about an hour ago. It still isn't filled and most likely I'll have to pick it up tomorrow after work instead of taking my medicine tonight like I'm suppose to.

They wrongfully are glad to make their customers wait 45 minutes to one hour and longer. This is terrible. This is one of the worst. Today is Thursday May 2, 2015.

Horrible

I had a prescription from my doctor stating that My prescription be Claritin, they gave me there brand unknowingly. I got home and realized it wasn't Claritin. I instantly came back to the store to return it. It was over the counter Claritin, but because I use Flexible spending That's the way I have to do it. The manager of the pharmacist told me She could not take a box of unopened medicine back. I immediately transferred the medicine to CVS next door.

Walgreens never ask if you want there generic brand, but forces it on people. I am very distraught with Walgreens at 325 Parkway East; Birmingham, AL 35215. On this same visit, my son had amoxicillin. They didn't even give me a dropper, they never have enough pharmacist tech, always a long wait. I have been using Walgreens for years, but as of today, I have changed my mind.

Horrible

I went to get my prescription filled and they said that they couldn't fill it completely they could give me a 5 day supply in 30 minutes. I said ok. 1hours later they gave me1\2 of that and charged me 40$ of a 50$ co-pay. I let them know it was wrong. They gave me my money back and said that I have to do it over again, but after 1hours later they still hadn't fixed it for me and i had to go. I left after 2 hours with nothing after I had ask them how long it would be to start with because I have to be somewhere else at 7:00. They said I could not get the rest of it filled at another store and would have to come back there Monday to get the rest of my stuff before I even started and i said o but 2hours later I left with nothing and not even a sorry for your inconvenience.I went to Rite Aid and had it done in 30 minutes. I have had problems with this pharmacy every time I come to it.I think it's very rude and unprofessional to run a business like that. Do I need to do my business elsewhere.

Horrible

Since the head pharmacist left Ontario, Oregon, in December, the service has been getting worse. They say they have not gotten prescriptions from doctor. After calling the doctor they said they had sent prescription but they would call again. Then Walgreens said they are out, then half hour later Oh we have it.

Also it takes 2-3 hours to get prescriptions filled. When are they Ontario Oregon Walgreens going to get a new head pharmacist? I do not want to change where I go. Some of the staff are really trying hard to help, but there are a lot of new faces that do not seem to care.

a

Horrible

I called the Walgreens store on Cypress in West Monroe, La. The first time I had to wait 24 minutes before someone picked up. When I started to give my information, the tech or whomever, put the phone down and began to wait on someone at the counter. She finally hung up the phone. I called back and was placed on hold for 18 minutes. I called a third time and after 5 minutes someone finally answered.

The tech found my name and script and said " yeah ok, it will be ready at 1:30 and hung up. I have lived in San Antonio, Nashville, and Baton Rouge. Larger populations, busier stores, and I have never received this type of service. I am a loyal customer and will continue to be, but I just thought someone should know

By the way, I get excellent service from my Walgreens pharmacy at Jones Creek in Baton Rouge

Bad

Pharmacy was awful in checking insurance information. Had insurance call them and still they refused to call a number that was asked by them. Insurance company even told them they were contracted to call for verification. Manager at Walgreen's refused to call or make any Attempts to call the number provided by insurance. Had to take my prescription else where. All together really BAD customer service. Walgreen's on bulverde/Evans rd. San Antonio . this was our first time and only time I will ever go to this Walgreen's.

Horrible

I went to Walgreens today April 27, 2015, to the photo dept to have photos placed on a DVD which I ordered a total of seven copies. When I picked my order up, which the total cost was $61.10, I went home to play them on the DVD. Well for some reason, they weren't correct so I took them back to the store and the sales lady which her name is Haley said she would try and correct them and to check back. So I left the copies with her except two because I had sent two copies in the mail prior to looking at them.

Well, she tried to correct them but was unable to, but that was okay. I can understand situations are not always completed in perfection. What really upset me was the way she treated me totally unprofessional. She never looked at me when talking, she walk away from me several times and left me standing there for some time. I just ask for a refund, and I never had to wait so long in any store for refund as long as I waited at this particular Walgreens.

I have always been a customer at Walgreens for many years and never experienced a very rudely unprofessional lazy individual. I could clearly see she had no time for me, no people skills and the manager named Chad totally ignored me and really did not want to give me a refund. This particular visits has raised my blood pressure today, four trips to Walgreens today which I feel was a total waste. It wasn't because of the DVD's it was the unfriendly service I received from the sales lady name Haley.

Horrible

First of all we will never shop at a Walgreens again. We have been dealing with Walgreens for over 30 years. This Walgreens here in New Port Ritchey is the WORST Walgreens ever. They are on Main Street and Rt 19 here in New Port Ritchey Florida. They are not friendly to deal with. and getting meds is the biggest joke. I had to get a scrip for my meds to get filled and I live one block from this Walgreen but, because my doctor is 15 miles away that wrote this scrip they won't fill it. They told me I had to drive 15 miles to Hudson to get this filled. I am getting ready for back surgery I can't ride for that far. So we are going to have all my husbands scrips filled now at CVS which is 2 blocks longer for us. This is just the many things that have happened to us. This is a horrible thing for me. I am in so much pain with my back. This Walgreens doesn't have enough people to wait on when someone is getting their meds. We went to the Walgreen is Fort Meyers we never had this kind of problem. We hate this Walgreens in New Port Ritchey it should be out of business.

Horrible

I went into Walgreens at 31st and Harvard to talk to pharmacist about a mistake that his pharmacy made. The pharmacist name is Fong Lou. When I explained to him what happened he just kept saying by law when you turn in one prescription it cancels the other which in the past they have never done that this time he then started telling me he knows what the medicine is he knows that we abuse it but he gives us the benefit of the doubt. I was very offended I did not expect to walking to Walgreens and pretty much be called a drug addict in front of a store full of people by the pharmacist. I will never go back there again I got angry and told him it was bullshit what he said and he told me to leave or he was calling the cops.

Poor

I have a complaint about a pharmacist named John ? ( refused to give me last name) my first incident happened 3/5/2015 evening when he took it upon himself to call my prescribes, an physician asst. and tell her that was too much pain medicine for me and she canceled one of my scripts, I had to wait 5 days to get in touch with her to get my meds, when I went to fill it, he was looking at my prescription and talking on the phone for a long time, I asked if he was going to fill it he said"I don't have to fill anything I don't want too". I took it to another Walgreen's that had no problem filling it. My 2nd complaint happened today 4/7/2015 at 1:00pm when he seen my prescription, he said they were out of stock when I asked if they could order it, he said no, when I asked why, there was no answer! This store is located at 251 Cumberland ave. Morristown, Tn. 37813. I have been using this pharmacy for 6 yes and have never had a problem..please reply to this complaint

Bad

Went to buy some Zyrtec D and the pharmacist ran to the back of the pharmacy while I was at the window and wanted me to shout in front of everyone about what I needed. I said, would you mind coming to the cashier so I can ask you instead of shouting in front of everyone? I ended having to shout that I needed some Zyrtec D and that he needed to scan my driver license to provide me with the medication. Immediately, he called the store manager and asked him to sell me the medication. In Utah Zyrtec D is a controlled substance and requires pharmacy personnel to sell it to you. The guy that the pharmacist called was the night manager, a young guy with no license to sell me the medication. The guy provided me with the wrong medication first. After correcting him and pointing to the Zyrtec D I asked if he was licensed to sell me the medication. The response was no.

Someone needs to seriously look into this. This situation other than disturbing is serious and need the intervention of Corporate. This pharmacist needs serious training. Who knows what is being sell to people at this place.

Walgreens
1315 N State Street
Provo, Utah.
03/31/2015
12:20 AM

Bad

I have given Walgreens and Davenport Iowa on West Locust Street business for years.been a lot of money than a loyal customer.AM disable gail on fixed income...5 weeks ago on a Saturday freezing cold night, about last night of sales.was in there.have bad discs,..don't have time to mention everything else can share with new line manager patty came up have no clue what she was doing talk to me like I was in 1st grade will bring this all over one by one I am using shampoo coupons and rewards before.told her she'd have to put in my phone number again for the discount and tried to give her the coupon didn't put in my phone number Thomas said that wasn't the right Groupon even though done this many times.total ass out of me but she was wrong hello other customers making remarks.after 15 minutes I hurt so bad had to leave.sure she didn't tell anyone about all the money they lost the monster.

I went home and called asking for corporate number she answered and told me to look it up myself.I told her to do.she gives me a number to another store in town.that guy was very helpful but too far to drive for him to take care of me.another gal manager there sweet one supposed to have guy in charge there call me and obviously they didn't have them,..even have a three dollar item I need to take back.when to drive up window for medicine a couple times 34 but due to the embarrassment the and like I was a dog come back in the store or any other.major computer glitch wonder if they know how much they lost that night and since.I have been nothing but nice to them.call home office supposed to be investigating haven't heard from them so that's a pile of Crap.tell me 5 on reward card.

Bad

The staff working in the pharmacy department at Walgreens in Mequon WI. either need to be better trained or replaced with more competent people who are more customer service oriented. Each time I go to pick up a prescription, I "ALWAYS" encounter an excessively long delay before receiving my prescription. The time spent waiting for a response from the people working there is beyond excessive. It appears as though the staff was never properly trained in providing efficient customer service. During my last visit, I was standing in a line with six other people for an unusually long time while noticing that one of the two pharmacy technicians spent over ten minutes with just one person. She seemed to be unconcerned about the people in line who were growing more impatient and annoyed as they continued to wait. The other pharmacy tech. was walking around in slow motion while appearing to be in a state of confusion. Eventually ,two people standing in line walked off looking very angry and frustrated. The service (or lack of service) is unacceptable, not only to me but to many other people I know. The waiting time is unacceptable. This problem needs to be corrected ASAP because I personally ( and I'm certain many others as well) am planning to take my business elsewhere. Please look into this chronic problem and get this matter corrected.

Bad

I went to Walgreens(Richmond Road, Lexington, Kentucky) on a Sunday evening for some OTC medication but needed to ask the pharmacist a question about it. When I went to the counter another customer was waiting there to pick up some prescriptions and the pharmacist was on the telephone. I waited for almost 10 minutes before he got off the phone and waited on the woman ahead of me. He was friendly, not in a hurry and made small talk and took what I felt was an unacceptably long time checking her out. By this time I had been there waiting to ask a question for more than 15 minutes! Just before the woman ahead of me was finished, a car came up to the drive through and as soon as he finished with the woman ahead of me the pharmacist said "I'll be right with you" and went to wait on the drive through and left me standing there!! They had questions and he was looking things up for them so I just left and went to a pharmacy that actually has customer service.

Horrible

when I filled a prescription for an ointment for itching from my eye doctor, the prescrip was filled with a tube that cost $84.00!! it was 45g!!! like a large tube of toothpaste!! why would I be sold that large amount for a small itchy area by my eye? For the money, of course!!!!! I will take all future business to CVS.

Bad

I am a dentist of 33 years & used Walgreens' Rx extensively throughout my practicing years. Change of medical insurance always reeks havoc when it comes to filling Rx & hoping the pharmacist processes the insurance properly. I have had a RX for fentanyl patches for 4 years now. The refill of my Rx has been a nightmare with walgreens' pharmacists. They don't process the same from pharmacist to pharmacist even thought the same Rx. Too many things to discuss here. Need someone to contact me for telephone consult.

Poor

This is the second time i am writing this. On March 18th 2015, my sister and I went into the walgreens in our town, (Breaux Bridge, La) to pick up scripts. I picked up a few things and before picking up my scripts I went to the restroom and it was locked. I asked the girl at the counter of the pharmacy could you unlock it. and She said No. that it is locked up after 8pm. Mind you, it is an all night store. I have been doing business here at this store for 8 plus years. I spoke to a manager and she said no also. they were all congregating in the front of the store at the time. My sister and I were the only two customers in there at the time. They thought it was funny. I am 62 years old and I feel that a regular customer should be treated with a little more respect. much less any other customer purchasing something in your store to keep you working. I would like an answer from you. Will I get one. I am not writing this for fun. I want to know if something can be done about this. If nothing can be done I will go where they will take care of me. I will pull all my scripts out of Walgreens and go somewhere else. the store is at 1401 Rees Street, Breaux Bridge, La 70517.

Bad

I had a prescription from my eye doctor for Betamethasone Dipropionate Ointment USP. Dr's office asked where to call the prescrip in to. told them Walgreens at 11420 S Fortuna Rd, Yuma, AZ. previously had a prescrip filled for a similar ointment. came in a small tube, very moderate price. this time, they rang up a charge of $83.99 and handed me this tube as large as a tube of toothpaste! I was so shocked. said what is this. was told this is what was ordered. I paid for it and left. should not have, I guess. well, I did call the dr office and they said they did not order that large of a prescription. I feel that Walgreens Pharmacy took it upon themselves to sell me a far greater amount than I needed - for a hugh increase in profit.

Contact the Walgreens Complaint Department