Lowes

Most Popular Complaint about Lowes

Posted by Ebi Koin-Murray on Jan 12, 2015
Customer Rating

On September 21, 2014, I bought a Decorative Fabric Blind form Lowes. I asked for black-out and my understanding was I was giving a black out. A week later the blinds was installed. I started having migraines and was wondering why. I have not suffered from migraine for over 10 years. I noticed my migraine was as a result of the blind in my room. The blind generates heat during the day, the blind gets so hot that it burns. I immediately contacted Lowes. I explained the situation to them and they told me they will replace it but I have to pay for the replacement first, which I did. On January 11, 2015, an installer from Lowes came to install the new blinds. He unwrap the box and informed me that the new blinds has gap. I told him I am aware. He told me that the sun will still reflect in my room. I told him that I ordered blackout and I was told my Lowes representative that these were black out. The installer told me that he has installed several of these blinds and advised me to get the vertical blind if I want no sun. I became confused and told him not to have it install till I talk to Lowes. He stated he was going to call Lowes and advised them that the blinds was not what I wanted. I told him to call in front of me but he stated he will do so while he was driving to another home to install. He also reinstalled the blinds in my bathroom and told me he would not recommend the roller shades, that they will always give me problem. He reinstall the blinds and did not clean up after him. I immediately called Lowes via telephone and explained the problem to them. They informed that the installer had no right to advise or recommend, and that his job was to install. I was told they will get in contact with him. I contacted the installer on the phone and have the blinds install. He told me he cannot come back a the moment and told me he will be returning in the afternoon. He stated he will call me back after he calls Lowes. I received a call from Lowes about 1pm stating the installing will not be returning today. I was frustrated, angry because I had called off to make sure the blinds are installed today and felt I am being played with. I have lost a whole day of pay and now they are asking to reschedule after their installer was too lazy to install instead he was giving me recommendation and advise and put me in state of confusion. This is time wasting and poor customer service. I am asking Lowes and their contract installer for a refund. Thank you.

Did Lowes provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Lowes?

1.86 out of 5

Website

www.lowes.com

More Lowes Complaints

Customer Rating

Shopping at Lowe’s in Albany, Georgia is the worse experience. Some of the associates are so rude that you hate to spend your hard earned money in their store. You can’t complain to management because he is just as rude as his associates. I attempted to purchase window blinds and needed to understand how, when and what. The associate got so irritated and told me she had to go help another man that was looking at some blinds also and just left me standing there with no return. When consulting management his statement to me was she was probably helping him before helping you and even the man that she was helping stated no sir I thought she was finished helping her when she walked over to me. I didn’t ask nor did I need her help for her assistance, she did. She just came over to me and asked me what I was looking for leaving the lady standing. Then the manager asked me, What did I want him to do about it in a crazy rude way. I said just don’t worry about it I will just go to another store. So tonight I tried Lowe’s once again. I was looking for gray paint when The young man asked did I need some assistance, I told him I was looking for gray paint and he suggested that another young lady would help. This young lady was beyond rude, she said, “what? gray paint what kind of gray paint?” then she went on and on about gray paint is gray paint,” I just looked at her amazed that she was having a fit about this gray paint acknowledging to myself that I didn’t even ask for her assistance with the because she was right gray paint is gray paint. But it was the young man that offered her assistance maybe he was being sarcastic. But, I didn’t feel as an adult it was to funny nor was I in the joking mood to be played and humiliated in front of the customers as I was. The young lady continued to discuss with the other customers my dilemma, how many ways can you buy gray paint. I finally told her bay don’t worry about the gray paint I know what I want and I didn’t ask for your assistance I was given your assistance thinking possibly you had some suggestions or some different types or maybe there was a sale on paint that I wasn’t aware of but never the story that she was portraying. I plan on never shopping in Lowe’s again if I can help it.

Customer Rating

We never got our $26 refund from end of Dec.-Jan. We have been in twice. I just went in today and they told me we got it 15 days after we returned our lumber. NO. If I had gotten it why would I be back in asking for it. The lady in the office had a snippy attitude. Lost prevention and the ladies made me feel like a criminal. They want our bank print out from Dec.Jan. I feel like a criminal and would have called a lawyer if the police had showed up like they seemed to have wanted to.
There records shows they credited our account. But it has NEVER gone into our account. They even refused to give me a Gift card.
I AM DONE SHOPPING LOWES and posted it for others NOT to shop there using credit on there ATM cards.
This better be resolved ASAP.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Carol Lavoie on 03/14/2014 at IP address 72.23.84.159 using our Lowes Butler Pa complaint form. This opinions contained in this Lowes Butler Pa customer review titled, “We WANT our refund/ SO UPSET. Have NOT gotten it since Dec. jan.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

we had solid surface counter tops installed in 2006. we have always had a problem with caulk on the backsplash. this past Tuesday I removed the backsplash in order to install a tile backsplash. right away I noticed the problem. the installer, shell fab & design inc. left 2 inches of counter top on the ends and removed 5/8 of an inch in between. so there is a huge space between the wall and the counter top except on the ends. they glued the backsplash to the wall and tried to hide it with caulk. once removed from the wall the backsplash falls into the space. it does not even touch the counter except on the ends. this now creates a major problem trying to install tile since the tile is only 1/4 thick. I went to the store and showed photos to the kitchen design people. they said that was completly wrong and wondered why they would leave it like that. we went to the service manager and he said " well that was a long time ago, the warranty is only for one year". he said to send him the photos and would look into it. I called customer care and spoke to a nice woman who took my info and said that she would forward that info to the store manager and someone would be in touch. the service manager called the next day saying he sent the info and photos to the contractor and they will be in touch. after not hearing from them I called them. the contractor said " that was a long time ago what do you want us to do. we can't put material back on". this was a major screw up by them which they tried to cover up. I called customer care again and spoke to a very rude woman, not the same one from the first call. again the same response that was a long time ago. I tried to explain that it was a hidden problem and I could not have know about it until the backsplash was removed. I also explained the problem I will have trying to install the tile. her response was " well , you signed off on the install" again I explained there was no way to notice it until the backsplash was removed. again the response" well that was a long time ago, you signed off on it right?. I told her that I was not there when it was installed. and was told basically too bad that was 8 years ago. I feel lowes is responsible since I paid them and they hire the contractors. it really bothers me that no one cares that a contractor that lowes hires screwed up and hid the problem. the 2nd customer care woman is in the wrong job. making no attempt to help. I asked for a phone # of a mananger or some one higher up and she refused to give any to me. so now I have to try to fix this my self which be cost me a lot of extra time and expense. and will now have to add extra pieces of tile to cover up the space. we will not be able to achieve the look we wanted either. it appears that lowes could care less. I now have a mission to inform everyone I can about the practices of some of the contractors that lowes hires and how lowes customer service could care less about their customers . I for one will never buy anything from lowes again and hope others will follow my lead.

Customer Rating

Ok, I am complaining about McDonalds on 25th Street in Cleveland, Tennessee. Folks you just have to go in there between 5 - 6 A.M. to witness the worst employees in todays fast food world. I stopped going there several months ago and started driving to the one on the north end of town. They are a tad better. Today the northern one was closed so I went back to 25 on a gamble. I sat in line 20 minutes and never made it to the food window. Cars were pulling off right and left. I did to. 20 minutes and 5 A.M. there is just reason for that period. You gotta see it to believe it! Walking talking vegtibles!!!!!!!! Guess Wendy's get my business!

Customer Rating

I have been trying to get the carpet I ordered since in Oct. 2014. The guys have been good. Very helpful. But the supplier of the carpet has been terrible. First there was a ordering mistake. Human error. I will forgive, that happens. 2nd, my carpet which was .79 cents a yard starting out, has since gone down to 43 cents. I do believe after all he mistakes and wrong ordering, and supplier issues. I believe I should get a huge upgrade and free carpet. I do believe your computer needs a major upgrade so everyone can know what is going on. Not just one person and I have to depend on them to be there. There are others that know of our situation. But if you could possibly put it all in the computer, so I don't have to explain myself to 5 different people. I usually buy off the rack because its much more simple. I was not ready for the carpet at the time. Now, I am overly ready. I have been told by your associate that they will make it comparable, but I will end up paying more. This has not been a pleasant experience. And I really don't want another apology. I just want my carpet. Debi Chaffee It said my name would not appear. Sorry associates, I want you to know who is doing the complaining. And the complaint is issued towards the Ludington, Michigan store.

Customer Rating

I purchase a waterheater from Lowes, it was a Whirlpool 50 Gal Gas waterheater, I paid to have waterheater installed and after 3 days it started leaking from the top. I call Whirlpool helpdesk and explain what was going on with the waterheater the person on the phone told me to take it back to the store to get a new one. I ask Lowes if they pay for the new waterheater to be installed and their answer was no, I then called Whirlpool and ask if they paid for the new waterheater to be installed and was told no again. How was I to know that waterheater was faulty so now I have to come out of my pocket to pay again for something that I already paid for.

Customer Rating

I charged $1696.07 on LOWE credit card. I explained to Chris manager of home improvement that material was not good. White roof material washed away. I showed him receipt,he refused to take empty bucket even though it is written 7 year warranted. I am very disappoint with the product.

Customer Rating

I purchased $4,876.37 worth of laminate flooring, including installation fees, from Lowes in Middletown, DE. on 2/28/14. I was told to get the flooring inside my house to acclimate soon after the purchase so it would be ready for installers. I am on a tight budget and opted to use Lowe’s 5.99% financing. I live in Maryland. I have no one to help me and I don’t own a truck so I had to rent a truck and transport and unload the flooring (approx. 811 sq. ft.) myself. Transporting myself eliminated sales tax and saved me close to $300.00. Lowe’s would have charged me a delivery fee and an unloading fee and MD sales tax. The product has been inside my home since 3/5/14. Installers scheduled for 3/26/14 through 3/28/14 and they have just rescheduled for 4/3/14 – 4/5/14. The installer said he couldn’t do anything about the delay and the store said he was the only installer that had a MD license. So I am stuck walking around and stepping over boxes for another 9 days.

I live 10 miles from Middletown, DE. Lowe’s store. Many people from this area in Maryland shop in Middletown, DE. because of no tax. Perhaps Lowe’s should have their own installers instead of contracting out. At least get another installer with a MD license.

This entire Lowe’s experience has been an ongoing pain. I’ve been inconvenienced enough and will probably not shop at Lowes again. I would cancel the entire project only it would cost me more money to rent another truck to return the laminate. I only hope the installation goes without a flaw and that I will be happy with the final product.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Cathy Woodall
31279 Georgetown Cemetery Road.
Galena, MD. 21635
410-648-5197
cwoodall2@verizon.net

Customer Rating

I purchased a Storm Door and was told the order was cancelled and then was given a longer waiting time. Never, got a call back from the store about the arrival I had to call myself. I was given the number of the installer for me to contact him myself. The level of professionalism that I was given was not satisfactory to say the least. I did contact Customer Service on last evening to give a verbal complaint. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I am taking care of an issue for a 85 year old gentleman that bought a 40 gallon water heater from Lowes. He put the same heater in and now the water will not stay hot long enough for him to take a shower. A whirlpool tech came out 2 times and determined that it is not the heater. I have checked an determined that I think it is the heater. He paid 600.00 to have it put in and still doesn’t have enough hot water to take a shower I have talked to tech support and they said it is not a warranty issue.. I manage commercial property and purchase about 20 to 30 water heaters a year and if we can’t return this water heater for another one. I don’t see a reason for me to keep buying your whirlpool water heaters for the 20 buildings I manage. I cant take a chance on a tenant being dissatisfied, as I am. I do not understand why I cant replace this heater with another one or a bigger one. I guess I can take my business to Home Depot. I work for a major real estate company and I could discontinue my business account with Lowes, that is how dissatisfied I am. how can this problem be fixed. I would like a response Thanks for your time and response. Hugh Graham

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Hugh Graham on 03/12/2014 at IP address 76.9.171.139 using our Lowes complaint form. This opinions contained in this Lowes customer review titled, “Water Heater” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Bought Woodcraft screen door and Woodcraft insert for bottom of door.
Installed door. Bottom of door sticks out an inch from the door jam.
Tried to fit insert it did not fit the door.
Both the door and the insert are of poor quality. I paid $152.62 and expected a much better
product.
If I had known the poor quality of what I bought I would have paid more for a better
door and paid Lowe’s to install it. AS of now I am looking at an inferior door and insert.
This is the first product I have purchased from Lowe’s that is defective after shopping there since it opened in my area.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Robert O. Guess on 03/12/2014 at IP address 72.218.42.194 using our Lowe’s complaint form. This opinions contained in this Lowe’s customer review titled, “Screen door and insert” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I went to Lowes on the Carlise Pike in Pa. to purchase a 14K generator with an install. My first vist was to get a price on the unit the rep. was very helpfull the second visit was to get an estimate appointment for the install. The rep. fumbled for about 20 minutes and then told me that he could not do it he had to contact one of the ladies that did the appointment setup. After 15 more minutes he said he could not contact her he would have her call me that day. I received no call and waited till Sunday after church. I and my wife went back to the store and told the girl at the des we had a complaint and she called a manager. No one came she called again and another fellow came out of the office. I told him it had at thime been three weeks and all that happened. He told me that at this time of the year if it is not $1000.00 or more they really do not want to bother with it an the lady that took care of this was on vacation but he would have her call me. I wanted to let this go and it has been about three weeks but it does not seem towant to let me go.
I have purchased tons of items through Lowes and I have never been so embarrassed and belittled before.I dont how you are going to stay in runnig if this is the way things are going to go. I got someone else to do the job they are really to have my $6000.00
Sincerly
William Wagner

Customer Rating

I went in to purchase a tool for my husband with a coupon that was $10 off of $50 and the cashier tried ringing it up from my phone and told me it was a fake. I tried to let her know where I found it and even showed her the site and all she did was shook her head at me. This is a very popular coupon site and have no problem with any of them. She wouldn’t even get a manager or anything just kept telling me there must be a lot going around.

Customer Rating

I went into Lowes yesterday and purchased an oil filter, 4 cycle oil, and 2 packs of blades for my lawnmower that I purchased in March of 2011. I purchased an extended warranty for 3 years with this mower. The warranty also states that I would receive 25% off , including sales tax on select preventative maintenance parts ( including batteries, belts, blades, filters, oil, spark plugs, and tires.) Please see section under maintenance Reimbursement benefit for riding mowers in the pamplet. When I went to purchase this and gave them my extended protection plan, they told me that they “thought” it did not cover this. This went through 7 employees of lowes before a gentleman decided to just go ahead and give the 25% for the oil and filter only. Then gave a 10% discount on the blades. Lowes gave us the pamplet to take with us. I stated that we have always used this and why are we not able to now. We never received this pamplet when purchased the lawnmower. I went to my car and read the pamplet. When I found section that stated this I went back into the store to show them this. The assisant manager, Jesse, came to the counter and said that Lowes DOES NOT reimburse for this. He said you have to call the 1-888 # and send them the receipt and they will send you the discount. He was very rude.. He said he has worked at lowes for 8 years and in all his 8 years they have never done this. I told him I just used this last year. He said no, they have never done this. He was calling me a liar. When I took the pamplet back I ask him what his name was and He said well I have worked at this lowes for a year and 1/2 , maybe they do things differently at other stores. His entire attitude changed when I asked his name. I went back to my car and called the 1-888 # and spoke with James. he said that I was correct , they were suppose to have taken it off in the store. He even spoke with his supervisor. Now I have to mail my receipt to Lowes PO Box inorder to get my money, Its not even about the money. Its about the way I was treated during the entire process. I called back to lowes this morning to speak to the manager and I got Jesse. ( the same person I spoke to yesterday.) He said he was the assistant manager which is just like the store manager and he could help me. I told him i spoke to him yesterday and I need the manager. He started again on the same thing. I told him I called the 1-888# and they told me the same thing I had told him. He still would not listen. I told him to read the pamplet. He would cut me off when I tried to talk. For him to be an assistant manager he needs more training. LOTS. I shop at lowes alot and I dont know if I will be going back after this experience. Just horrible. I am an easy going person and things don’t bother me that much, but this was just ridiculous. Why after going through 7 people doesnt anybody know.. Is it lack of trainning…

Customer Rating

Hi my name is Otto Mullen my complaint is about the newburgh store. In your plumbing dept. Your plumbing area in the store is a mess I go there all the time to get plumbing supplies. I work part time for storm king plumbing.Nothing is in the right place the pvc pipe fittings are all mixed up. we install tankless hot water heaters your display for that Is a mess. the hot water heater is displayed upside down. Well I am looking for a full time job been in the plumbing business for about 8yrs ive been in contruction for over 20yrs. I fill out online applaications at previous times at the newburgh store. no response. I am interested in helping you help your plumbing dept and your plumbing dept. but I get no response. Thank You For your time and consideration Otto Mullen Iam hoping to here something from you.

Customer Rating

My washer broke down a month ago. I called the lowes company stating that I believed I brought the washer eight years ago, but I brought a warranty with the washer, and it had broken down and I needed there help in receiving another one. I was then told by the appliance department in lowes in Madison heights va that they only keep things for 5 months, and that you only brought a 5 year wannanty so you are out of luck. Call George’s applicance and they might fix your dryer.

I felt like an idiot after that phone call so then I emailed info@lowes.com with complaints because I really need a washer, but my emails were left unattended. So then I spoke with lowes customer care yesterday, and let them know what was going on, and how no one would give me the time of day from lowes. Lowes store manager Christopher Delaney spoke with me on the phone very rudely and told me the only thing that they could do for me is 10% off another washer.

I informed them to check there receipts because I had brought a washer and dryer and the same time and when my dryer had bite the dust that I had no problems getting my money back, and it was on a receipt that I had to sign to get the money last year. And I also informed them that to call Georges applicance in Lynchburg because they had come to my home twice to try to fix the dryer that was under warranty last year. Georges applicance told me that they had come to my home Nov 2011 that lowes informed them that I had brought the washer and dryer in 2010 that it was still under warranty.

I informed Georges applicance thank you for telling the truth. I proved to lowes that I was telling the trurth. I never heard back from lowes in Madison heights. I told Georges appliance that I could take them not believing me but treating the way that they are doing is just wrong. I need a new washer. Mine is under warranty. They found out the truth, and they are still avoiding me. I wrote twice to custcare@lowes .com because they service and customer care stinks. I been treated like a liar, and like I was crap. I pay a lot of money to lowes in appliances. I am on a limited budget. Right now I am renting a washer from hometown rentals in Madison heights va because lowes will not give me the time of day. I would like the payments that I had already made to hometown rentals back. Two payments of $15.99. I would like a new washer that works. I would like someone at lowes to treat me with respect. Stop the crap my life is to short. Call George’s appliance and they will tell you the truth. Lowes in Madison heights contacted George’s but they never worked out anything with me. I need a washer one that works. I was not asking anything from lowes except that they help with with the piece of crap washer that does not work. I have documents in black and white that I am telling the truth. I have it were I have complained about lowes on twitter. I hope and pray that I get a washer that works for a long time from that company.

My last straw was people including the manager all I can do for you is to give you 10% OFF on a washer, and treating me like I the biggest liar in the history of the usa. I need help asap. With respect. I need a washer that works. I need my money back from where I had to rent a washer, because no one at lowes in Madison heights thinks that my business is worth the time of day, or I am worth the time of day. Let get this issue resolved quickly. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I purchase a stove and microwave and paid full price for my merchandise to be delivered and install.First of all it did’nt arrive on the day i was promise . It was finally delivered on 04/11/13 the stove was install but they did’nt install my microwave which i paid two seperate fees for installment, I ‘m very disappointed because my microwave was not properly delivered or install they left my microwave outside in the yard still boxed up my mother is 80 years of age she lives along and they left her having to get up and look out the door allnight and day to make sure no one would steal her merchandise. I’m highly upset i think that my 1100.00 dollars was not appreciated at lowes and from being in marketing my self i no people, service, profit is the number 1 rule in retail.

Customer Rating

I bought a new refrigerator side by side,the whole side rusted, I bought a new dryer the whole top is rusting,
I bought a new storm door a year a 1/2 ago, the bottom is starting to rust. I have called and complained and I was told all that could be done is sending me a can of paint. Can Lowes not provide home improvement items that does not rust.? I hate to leave Lowes because it is so handy for me but can’t do this anymore. What can be done?

Customer Rating

Purchased the new side by side, and 5 months later the top ice maker failed. Had it fixed by the Samsung factory repair company and that night we realized we could not make any of the control buttons to work. The doors had to never-shimmed so the doors would align. This is undoubtably the biggest pike of junk we have ever paid $2500.00 for. Please be forewarned, do not purchase any Samsung refrigerators or washers. Poor quality and Hugh price

Re: Bethpage, NY Lowes
Name of employee : Leslie
and Greg (head cashier)
I was trying to buy a storm door on Sunday, Feb 3. The doors were located on the end of the aisle. I looked under the sign that was taped basically do not enter to see the price of the door. Leslie said “you can’t come down this aisle, we are working here, can’t you see the big yellow sign.”
I said that is no way to address a customer…he went on to be abusive and kept saying can’t I read the sign. He didn’t stop yelling down the aisle for all other customers to hear. He not only didn’t difuse the situation but I am not going to buy the door now.
When I went to the desk to complain he magically appeared and said he was the manager of that store. He didn’t let me even say a word…yet around all the other employees he wanted to tell me off. I said to let me speak and he said “no I am going to tell you why you are WRONG!” I am astounded by his rudeness,obnoxious, and overall abusive behavior. It was a disgusting display for any employee at any level within your company. Pia the assistant manager heard the yelling and came over. Then Greg interrupted and said Leslie was right. The policy is…Who needed him to butt in? Instead of making matters better,they made them so much worse that I was shaking when I left…obviously with no purchase. I am appalled at that he is allowed to speak to customers that way.
Rosalie Romano

Companies Like Lowes

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!