Customer Satisfaction Results
1.91 out of 5 Stars
195 Consumer Reviews

Lowes
Complaint Department

Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is an American chain of home improvement and appliance retailers. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:LOW and employs over 265,000 people at 1,840 locations as of March 2015. Revenues in 2014  were reported as US 56 billion and net income as US 2.6 billion. The website is www.lowes.com.

If you need to contact Lowe’s for customer or appliance support you may call 1-800-445-6937. For sales you may call 1-877-665-6937. Perhaps you’d like to contact the CEO, Robert A. Niblock at corporate headquarters. If so, address your correspondence to him at 1000 Lowe’s Blvd, Mooresville, NC 28117.

Lowe’s was founded in 1946 and originally called Lowe’s Hardware. It was founded by Lucius Smith Lowe and their current slogan is: ‘Never stop improving’. Lowe’s has sponsored NASCAR Jimmie Johnson’s #48 and has social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Have you had problems with Lowes?

Compare Lowes to Similar Home Improvement more...

Top 195 Reviews about Lowes

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Lowes customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Ordered a refrigerator on line along with an ice maker which your company was supposed to hook up. They hooked up the ice maker & it is not working which they knew about when they left my house. After numerous calls to your Kingston, mass. store & to corporate I still have an ice maker that doesn't work because NOBODY wants to help me they keep blowing me off. You have a lot of rude people at your Kingston, mass. store who always say they will call me back & never do, what a joke. My next phone call will be to the better business bureau if this does not get resolved soon. I'm done calling your Kingston, Mass. store because like I said nobody want's to help me & they are rude.

Upvote (0)

Ordered a refrigerator on line was delivered the next day delivery guys couldn't get in & out fast enough acted like they didn't want to be there. Refrigerator has stains on it & blue wrapping which in some spots I can not get off. They hooked up a ice maker that I bought from your store & it does not work & they knew that after hooking it up & left anyways & said call the store, these guys were very rude including just about everybody at your Kingston, Mass. store.

When calling your Kingston, Mass. store & talking with a couple of customer service managers they tell me they will call me back & never do they are blowing the thing off. I want what I paid for & that's a nice refrigerator & a ice maker that works & I have neither. This whole experience has made me sick to my stomach & I will NEVER shop at any of your stores ever again.

Upvote (0)

Bought a stove online 12/28/15. My phone number is 407 361-3655. Order # 319674248. Order receipt have delivery date 1/11/16. Received call from third party delivery center on 1/10/16 about 7 pm, that stove will be delivered 1/11/16 a window period of 10-12 pm. No owner of stove home all morning. No delivery made and no call received from the store. I purchased the stove and called the third party delivery center at 1 855 825-3538. I spoke to a person at the delivery center and was told they received a call at 9:45 am today and told to cancel the delivery. Person said they did not know why and that I had to call the store to find out why. I called the store and my call was transferred to speak to about 3 persons.

I spoke to a Tyrone a supervisor in delivery he said the stove just got in which was about 1:45 pm that I spoke to him. I asked to speak to someone who would take responsibility to solve the problem as the responses that I received did not explain what happened. He transferred the call to Toney the delivery manager and the call never went through the operator two times who said she would page Toney. I waited about 10 minutes and the delivery manager never picked up and the problem was not resolved either. I called the Corporate office as a result and the representative said she would call the store to get a delivery date. I told her getting a delivery date is fine, however I still needed to complain.

I believe the personnel at the Osceola Florida store were not honest and saying what actually happened. I am not satisfied with how the store handled the problem. This is the second stove that I bought from Lowes in the past 3 months and consider this very negative experience. A simple call or apology could have made the situation right. The store employees are not living up to a situation that went wrong. I went ahead to make this written complaint as I am not sure a verbal will get follow up. I want to make sure that it does not happen again. I also want to honestly know what went wrong and make sure this time the rescheduled delivery goes right. Thank you for the opportunity to make a written complaint against Lowe's online.

Upvote (0)

I ordered cabinets from Lowe's that costed 3,200. When they got dropped off started to install and when we got to bottom ones new it was not right the map that was draw out from corner to out side edge of door opening is 96" we she did cabinets to the 96" and there is no way to put trim on or bow noise top because it will stick out 1 1/2 into opening. So that reorder cabinet that coated me 3,600 more when it on the lady that did the lay out.

Tried to show her what was wrong and told me next time to go smaller but she got cope and so do I where it shows drooping. And besides that cabinet ar not 100 PC 24 or 27. 1/8 inch bigger so time you get to end it has grown over 1/2 into door opening and that's not with counter top that will hang over a mother 1 " 1/2 more so I'm thinking she new it was going to hang out 2" in to door opening or if she dent, then why am I get charge $3,200 more.

Upvote (0)

Hello, I am really not sure how to start with all of this, except to say I am truly upset. Back in March of 2016 I went to the Sandy Utah Lowes (Quarry Bend) and spoke with a woman named Clair in the flooring department. I told her about our first experience with the flooring put into our home almost 10 years ago by Lowes, and how the man (older gentleman, small in stature with a mustache) installed the lanolin flooring and told me he had hooked all the machines back up and the floor was all done. Taking him at his word, I went down started a load of laundry and went to go pick up my girls. When I came back the basement was flooded and the brand new flooring was lifted and the seams looked like bubbles.

Well, I got on the phone immediately and spoke with someone at Lowes and they said they would send the man right out to fix the flooring and someone to hook back up all the machines. He also apologized profusely saying the next time we wanted flooring done in that laundry room we would get it installed for free. Well, I am not one of those people that jumps the gun and gets all mad firing off emails. So, I just said okay sounds great. - Which brings me to the email now, when I spoke with Clair she told me that would be no problem.

So she had a woman come out and measure my flooring. I called back in a few days later and talked with clair about the measurements and she told me she had talked to her manager John and he said he was not able to honor anything I was told all those years ago. He said he would have to open an investigation and I would be contacted in the next few weeks. So I thought, okay that's fine, I am sure they will find all the info they need. 2 months later I had not heard anything, I called back in and talked to John probably 3 or 4 more times and he kept saying the same thing, it's being investigated someone will contact me. no one did. then months later I talked to Josh another manager, who said the same thing as john. Then I heard nothing back.

The email ended before I could finish the entirety of my story. So after being told several times by John that someone was going to contact me and that it was being investigated and no one ever did, I then called back and was directed to another manager named Josh who then told me that it was being investigated and someone would reach out to me. Now this was 7 months later after the initial meeting with Clair who told me that would be fine that I would receive free instillation and sent out the lady who measures the flooring. So after never hearing anything back from John or these supposed "investigators" I called the store again and spoke to a Lindsey who said she would be willing to give me 10% off on everything and would send someone out ASAP to remeasure.

That was back at the Beginning of December 2105, I told her we were having a lot of family come in for Christmas and I needed this done ASAP. and she told me I would be her top priority and she would get this fixed for me ASAP. Here we sit and it is Jan. 2nd, the floor is STILL NOT DONE and I have not heard back or seen anyone come over to measure again. I am BEYOND frustrated with this whole situation, Here I was with my basement flooded and the brand new floor lifted, having to have someone sent out to fix the floor again, promised the next time we wanted flooring in that specific room it would be installed for free, then I am told you will have 10% off and someone will get this in before Christmas... to still nothing. I am so upset with all of this, I really expected more out of Lowes.

For over 10 years we have used your services, bought products from Washers to screw drivers from your store and this has been a nightmare. 10 going on 11 months of a nightmare. I am pretty patient and understanding but this is ridiculous. I need someone to contact me and let me know what is going to be done about all this. My floor needs to be put in NOW and not in another 10-11 months. Please get back with me.

Upvote (0)

I'm a long time customer at the Lowes at georgesville sq in Columbus,Ohio. And was just given some outstanding customer service by your appliance manager did not get his last but Josh was his first he deserves a pat on the back for a job well done. It's people like him that keep me coming back.

Upvote (0)

I ordered approximately $6500 to $7000 worth of windows for my existing house and a new addition to my house on 10/1/15. They came out to size the windows on the existing house and the install went well. We ordered five additional windows for the new addition, obviously we were trying to meet deadlines with several subcontractors working for us....first, the wrong colors were ordered which delayed it approximately 14 days, second....the wrong sizes were ordered and delivered to my house, we ordered 3-4x6 windows and 3-4x5 windows were delivered. We chose to send all the windows back. This resulted in another (approximately 14 day delay). I received a text from the salesman on Nov. 20th that there were issues with ordering the smallest window and took it to mean the remainder were ordered.

Spoke with Lowes today; Nov. 30th to get an update, nothing has been ordered. I was told by the Lowes corporate office that calls were made to me to give me updated but have no calls on my cell phone or voicemail. It has been VERY VERY frustrating and I'm still giving Lowes a chance to "make it right". I have been discounted $600 dollars with the first wrong order but nothing since and need resolution. This has been an ongoing issue that needs to be reconciled. I would like full reimbursement on these windows with installation because it has really been an inconvenience on my family and my subcontractors. Please make this right, because my customer service has been sketchy at best.

Upvote (0)

I went to Lowes, store #2834 in Vernal, UT. I asked for one of the associates, the head cashier on duty, named Gabie, was extremely rude, really ignorant as if was a bother to even answer my questions. This is not the first time this head cashier has treated me this way. So after several times of her being belligerent to me and other customers in the store I decided it was time to say something. Oh and one other thing while I'm on the subject of this particular head cashier, she treats the cashiers and co workers the same belligerent way if not worse. And it is my understanding, several customers, and most of the employees have complained about Gabie to Lowe's corporate management.

Upvote (0)

It seems like whenever I go to Lowes, there is an issue and as always, it goes unresolved and I question why I ever opened a credit card at Lowes, instead of Home Depot. Today, my wife and I went to Lowes on Executive Boulevard in Southington, CT to look for an artificial Christmas tree and a new vacuum. The tree that we liked was not in stock, but the Customer Service Manager (Mike in Blue vest) said he could check to see if it was available in another store. He told me that they had 4 in Plainville, CT, the next town over, and he took my name and said he called over there and to go to the Customer Service desk when I walked in the store and they would have it for me.

My wife and I decided to finish our shopping at the Plainville store and we left to take the 15 minute drive. When we arrived the tree was not at the customer service desk. They called the seasonal department and the inside seasonal department and no one had my tree. I was directed to go out to the seasonal area and there I was looking for the tree, when the young woman who was helping me told me that they did not have any left and they had even sold the floor display. I called the Southington store, spoke with Mike, who informed me that he was an ASM, and I told him what happened.

I told him that everyone that I spoke with in the Plainville store denied speaking with him and I told him that they did not have any of the trees left. He could not tell me who he spoke with, but continued to claim that he had called the store (I confirmed I was in the store he claims he called) and told them to hold a tree for me. I told the ASM I was not happy and that everyone in the Plainville store thought I was nuts because no one had called there. He offered nothing to fix the problem. I then spoke with the girl who was helping me, and told her that the ASM continued to claim he called their store.

She offered to show me a different tree and I asked if it would be at the same price she told me it didn't work like that. I left disappointed, and went to Home Depot to buy my tree. The Lowes store is a mile from my home and I think it is pretty sad that I will be driving out of my way to go to Home Depot to buy all of the stuff I need to do all of the projects I have going on. What is even more disappointing is that one of your ASMs clearly lied to me, never called the other store, and then let me leave to drive to a different store to get what I was looking for, when he didn't even know if they had the item.

I plan to share my disappointment with my local Lowes store with all of my email contacts and thousand Facebook friends, but I will wait until I see if I get a response to this email before I send out the message.

Upvote (0)

Bought self stick flooring tile on clearance for 69 dollars at the Lowes checkout I was informed they were 1.55 per tile. They are now priced per square foot. I have been buying self stick tiles since the 1960s. They have always been sold priced per tile.unlike carpet or other flooring they are sold by box or individually and should be priced by box or individually. The purchase was made at madisonville ky. I felt this is not a local issue but cooperate. I learned when shopping at Lowes always check the fine print. You may not be getting the bargain you expect.

Upvote (1)

Bought new refrigerator at the Plymouth meeting Pa., beginning of November and wrong ice maker was sent out when it was delivered. They wanted me to send back refrigerator that was just delivered and paid for by my visa and me re charge a new refrigerator on my Lowes card to be delivered with correct ice maker installed in the refrigerator back. Does this make sense? No, of course not. Next plan was to send someone out with the correct ice maker and install it. No one ever called me until I called today. Call you backs mean nothing in Lowes. You have to do the follow ups or you will be forgotten. I was told someone could come out this weekend maybe but not sure. I have a commitment this weekend so could not do. Katie will call me back on Monday to reschedule? Place bets if she will? Bet not! Two weeks without ice is not good. Sorry I got rid of my old refrigerator.

Upvote (0)

On veterans day I went to a Lowes store #1911 in Riverview, FL. I live 1 mile from the store and spend a lot of money there. I was on my way to my American Legion post for a cook out. I wore my proud to be a veteran T-shirt. Purchased 2 items and bill was $24 and change. I asked the young man running the register if he was going to give me a 10% discount, then I handed him my DD214. He didn't even look at it, said I need a photo I.D. So I showed him my FL. DR. License to let him know it was me on the DD214. He asked why there was no "V" on my license? I was upset, humiliated and belittled in front of scores of people. I guess us Viet. vets should be well used to that by now. I have been getting crapped on since 1968 when I went into our nations military service. After e-mailing Lowes corporate got an e-mail from Lowes #1911 ASSISTANT mgr. with a very insincere apology,a copy of their policy on military discounts and said he would instruct the employee as to what a DD214 was. I was so upset that day I went home and sat alone rather than going to my posts cook out. And all I get is an assistant mgr from the local store sending me a phony apology.

Upvote (0)

Went to Lowe's the first of July and signed a contract for them to install a picket fence around my yard. We discusses the purpose of the fence was to keep our little dog in our yard. It took them 2 months to install the fence, but it has many high areas and unlevel areas. They were to come back and correct the mistakes. It is now November and no one has returned to fix the fence. Have talked to many people at Lowe's, managers, installation personal, and still no fence. That is five months and I was told it would be no more than one month when this all started.

Upvote (0)

Where do I begin? I contracted with Lowe's store in East Rutherford, NJ to do a total renovation on my bathroom. The demolition began on May 4, 2015 and only concluded on October 20, 2015. Yes, 24 weeks and 1 day to complete 1 small bathroom! Only 2 pieces were custom orders, a vanity and a side cabinet. The side cabinet did not fir properly and in the end leaves me with 12 inches of dead space in my bathroom. To say that I am beyond disappointed in Lowe's is an understatement! The entire job was purchased on my Lowe's credit card and I never missed a payment even though my bathroom was not able to be used for over 24 weeks. This company should be ashamed of themselves that they employ such unreliable contractors. I have many pictures to support the awful work that my first contractor thought was acceptable. Where do I go from here? I feel I should be compensated in some way.

Upvote (0)

My complaint is not with Lowe's as a whole but with the North Little Rock store. I have been a satisfied customer of Lowe's for 20 years or more from the Carolina's to now in Arkansas. However I recently moved to North Little Rock and as after a move I went to the local Lowe's. It in no way has been a satisfying experience. First I purchased a new washer and dryer. The delivery "children" were absolutely pathetic in every way.....from talking on their cell phones to girlfriends to constant talk of zombies. No call from store to see how installation went.

I let it go with them being kids. Next I ordered new front door and two storm doors. Took a month to finally get doors in. Front door shows up at the house with both sides of door facing damaged...was told by installers I could accept it or wait another month....I took the damaged door and the installers tried their best to make it as presentable as they could. No one from Lowe's has ever contacted me about either purchase though I was told they would. For all the years I have been a customer at Lowe's they have been Johnny on the spot, doing their best to make sure all was good and right.....Not at North Little Rock store. Pathetic customer service......will not be shopping at this store anymore.

Upvote (0)

I called the lawn mower replacement department at the Marana, Arizona Lowes store and spoke to an employee identified as Barb. I attempted to verify the availability of a Kobalt 21" push lawn mower blade (KM210) in which the online department indicated 1 was in stock. Barb advised she did not have the part in stock and in a rude tone informed me her inventory was not correct and I could look for the replacement part wherever. I asked her when she expected her next shipment and she advised she didn't know. There was no effort on Barb's part to provide customer service excellence. She was rude and condescending. She provided no help what so ever and provided a disappointing shopping experience to say the the least. At this point I will be cancelling my Lowes card and taking my business elsewhere.

Upvote (1)

I ordered a bird seed block from your store on 10/30/15. I was very happy to see that your store was a bit cheaper than some of the others i saw on line. I bought a ground feeder from Backyard boys and thought this block would work out nicely in there. The package came quickly and the box was cute. I opened the box and the block was packaged very well. I was glad it came and in one piece. When i started removing the paper packaging i noticed some little black bugs. YUK!!!! I know birds do eat bugs but wasn't expecting the food to have crawling bugs and all over in the box. I further noticed the bugs had started eating on the block. Again YUK!!!! I know this probably isn't something you had control over but I'm sending this message so you can check if there is a spread bug problem with these blocks. I put the box in my garage in hopes that our colder weather will kill them off. I would put it in the feeder and b done with it but i already have a block in i purchased at Fleet Farm i want to use up. Well guess that's all i have to say, so hope there isn't further issues with these blocks. I want to order from you in the future with the cost lower but leery on what i might find when i open the box.

Upvote (0)

I called the Lowe Westland store on November 4th 7:30 p.m. I was connected to a person that identify themselves as Christi I asked her if she can tell me if flowering trees were still in stock in the store or if she can refer me to any stores that may have them she rudely said I don't know, I have no idea I asked her for the West Road location number she again rudely said again I don't know of any store on West Road I dont know what you're talking about. I told her since you don't know what I'm talking about and don't seem willing or care to help and very rude please connect me to a supervisor. I was put on hold for quit awhile, then was told he was on a call and he had two other people holding to speak to him. This young lady was very rude and unhelpful and unprofessional I felt as if I was interrupting her day by calling there and I told her this before hanging up. I was given the "800" to voice my complaint.

Upvote (0)

Tonight my husband and I made a special trip to Lowes in Washington PA 15301 to purchase some green light bulbs to put outside to honor the veterans from the commercial we saw on TV. I know that I asked at least 4 clerks and not one knew what I was talking about. I thought this was unbelievable since I saw it was from Lowes. We are loyal Lowes customers and this is really disappointing. Someone needs to address this with the store!

Upvote (0)

First time this particular cashier treated me very rudely was 3 months ago. The product I purchased was inferior, and when I returned it, she refused to even help. Everyone at the store knows me, and I've put so many thousands of dollars through the Marble Falls, TX Lowes, they've never given me a problem...until her! Today, at approximately 11:15 AM, I was at her register, when Roger walked up. Being polite, I asked if I was cutting in front of someone(which I wasn't). Roger said, "No. She'll ring you up first anyway, because you've only got 1 item. As Roger turned around and walked away, she proceeded to deliberately walk around me, and began to scan a cart full of items behind me.

This girl is a short, chubby Hispanic girl. I only use these words for descriptive purposes, as I have many Hispanic friends. I highly doubt anybody will read this, let alone respond to this, but let me just say something for the record. We are about to buy thousands of dollars worth of lumber and materials, every month, from somebody local. Lowes was at the front of the line, because of the proximity to my shop. Since Lowes does NOT seem to care about the rudeness of their people, Foxworth Galbraith will be at the head of the line. The people at Foxworth are professional, courteous and knowledgeable...something Marble Falls Lowes seems to be sadly lacking at times...and frankly, I'm tired of being ignored, when I'm in a hurry.

Upvote (0)

Bought a washer and dryer from the Lowes store in Morristown, TN was told it would be delivered on Saturday Oct. 31, I made plans to be there on that day was called and told they were behind and I can understand that so it was rescheduled for Sunday. I was called at 8 and told it would be delivered between 10 and 11 which meant I would have to miss church but okay now they call me this morning and said very rudely they did not work for the Morristown store and they would be here between 2 and 4 I was rude so he said rudely do you want to reschedule it I told him no just bring the darn thing I do not like this at all and am seriously thinking about taking my business elsewhere. My whole day it shot wondering when they will be here and what kind of mood they will be in.

Upvote (0)

Have literally spent at least 10,000 over the years at the Lowes in Abingdon, Md. Went in today to purchase some rakes and extension cords. Only line was self checkout. Could not get it to work and employees just stood and watched. I put it all back and left. As I said, I am a very loyal Lowe's shopper, but this was a big turnoff.

Upvote (0)

Around five oclock on Monday10/05/15 I was at the Middleburg store buying a TroyBuilt tractor mower. The one they had was still crated and they didn't have anyone to break it out and make ready that afternoon, That's fine, I understand, so agree to come in the next day 10/06/15 to pick it up. Next day I wait till noon, no call. Finally call store and they inform me it wont be ready till five oclock...kind of getting pissed at this point. I tell your clerk to just deliver it the next day, as I'd borrowed a trailer to pick up mower but had to have it back to my friend that evening and didn't want to rush around in the mood I was currently in. The clerk agreed to delivery next day on 10/0715, okay, things happen and I try to be understanding.

This morning, having no confidence in anyone at the store, I call at nine a.m. and am told mower is being loaded and the driver will call within the hour to let me know approximate time. Didn't get a call till three hours later at noon to tell me.....now get this.....it wont be delivered till @ five pm. I work construction and know how things are, nothing goes as planned even in the best of times. But this is unacceptable and I will be hesitant the next time I deal with Lowes. And that's a shame because I have been a loyal customer for over thirty years now and prefer your store over others.

Upvote (0)

We ordered a window from the Idaho Falls,Idaho Lowes store. The window was ordered on August 18.2015. We were told the window would be shipped to the Lowes store in three weeks. As of today September 26,2015, the window is still not here. My husband and I have either gone over there or called. Each time no one knows nothing. Messages have been left with Lorin, who says he will call Millgaurd,but never calls us back. The last conversation was with window manager Brandy who assured me the window would be delivered by the Millgaurd sales rep himself, on Thursday, September 24,2015. Now today, August 26,2015, we call to make sure the window is there.

Again, my husband was told its not there. I called Lowes and asked for Brandy and now she is backtracking on what she told me and tells me it will now be here this coming Monday,September 28,2015. If she knew it wasn't there Thursday, why didn't she call and tells us. None of them do their job over there, right down to the assistant manager and the main store manager. He was also going to find out where the window was and never did call. We are now pushing towards six weeks and still no window. We get lied to because we ordered a triple pane, instead of a double pane, that it takes longer. I have been told by another window dealer that is a lie. We need to get the window in, as this is for my parents who are in their 80's.

They are two hours away from Idaho Falls and it is getting colder where they live. Corporate needs to make a house call and find out why the customer care sucks so bad at this store. This is one reason why we should all be supporting small business because the corporate chains really don't care. We have spent a lot of money at this store. I do believe, after this, we will be doing business elsewhere. I'm sick of the lies and excuses.

Upvote (0)

On Saturday I went into the lowes store in Chester Virginia 2601 Weir Place 23831. I talked with lowes customer Sandy at the service desk at the door section, wanted a estimate on purchasing two doors, and front and side door. Later I returned on Sunday to start paperwork with another gentleman at this same location in Chester Weir place Chester. He did paperwork and said that a contracted installer will call me in two days to set an appointment with you. The contractor, named Jerry called on 8th September and left message that he will be out on September 10th 2015 to measure the doors. I call to talk with Jerry to set date because, he need to talk with customer first before setting date. Jerry and I talk and I said I would call back by end of day. I called Jerry at around 4:00 and he had cancelled the appointment for the 8th of September. I ask him why and no explanation.

Then I called a lady in lowes to talk with dept mgr and she said they will call me on next day, no reply waited until 15th of September in which then I called back to Lowe's store in Weir place in Chester va. And talked with Sandy again. She indicated Jerry would call me the next day. No called up into the 19th of September 2015. At this point I drove to the Lowes store, talk with Sandy and told her no one had called me. She was sparked. She had indicated to me that Jerry had went on vocation. I told her at that point this is not good for the customer and she said I would get another installer which his name is Horace. I told her I was very upset with the way the customer was treated and wanted to talk with store and department manager. It has been going on the 4th week and still I have to wait until the 25th of September to get the door measured and probably two more weeks or more to get doors put on home, and they are in stock at every location. I am am very dissatisfied with this experience.

Upvote (0)

I tried to purchase a Dishwasher and install for my rental house in Mobile AL. I contacted the closest store W. Mobile, AL 7760 Airport Blvd. Mobile, AL 36608, Store #0549.

My first attempt to call them put me through a 15 minute wait for an Appliance specialist, which ended in being disconnected. My second attempt I was also disconnected after about 10 minutes. My third attempt again took nearly 20 minutes being transferred to various departments. I finally had someone at the service desk attempt to help me, but advised me I needed to talk with the appliance department, and they seem to be busy. I explained my situation and told them I understand, left my contact information and asked when the associate has some time during the day, please call me to place this order.

I waited all day and never got a return call. This morning I called again and got the exact same run around with phone transfers eventually getting the service desk. I asked to be transferred to a Manager who eventually answered. While explaining my dilemma, I was disconnected again. I tried to re-call the service desk. I let the phone ring about 50 times with no answer. Realizing I was never going to get anywhere, I called another store Store# 1599 who answered the phone and assisted me.

I was an Operations Manager for Lowes for over 3 years in Wisconsin. If any of my associates performed in this manner there would have been hell to pay. Since leaving Lowes, I still use them for all my home improvement needs on all six of my properties. Being a stock holder with Lowes I am very concerned when a store allows customer service like this. I am appalled that Lowes would allow this lack of service and will never use this particular store again.

Upvote (0)

On Jan 21, 2015, I signed a contract to replace all windows in my house. Installation was scheduled for April 13, 2015. When they delivered the windows, one half moon window was broken on the truck. The truck was over crowded with deliveries and probably was the reason for the breakage. The installation team determined that the other half moon window was the wrong size and could not be installed.

For some reason, it took eight days for Lowes to order the replacement and as of May 20, 2015, the remaining two windows have not been installed. It is now over five weeks since the initial installation and still no schedule for the installation of the remaining windows. This is totally unacceptable. I've made many follow-up calls to no avail.

Upvote (0)

On May 7,2015, we visited your Boardman, Ohio store and purchased a John Deere tractor item 623854 for $2349.00. The tractor was in stock but you assembled it and we were told the tractor would be delivered on May 15, 2015 which it was.

Yesterday, we received your Memorial Day ad which offers a rebate of a $250.00 Lowes gift card with that tractor purchase effective 05-13-15. We were never told about the upcoming rebate or we would have waited until May 13th to purchase the tractor.

I feel we should be given the rebate since the tractor was not delivered until 05-15-15. The invoice number on the transaction is 023317018814 and the store number is 0188.

Upvote (0)

Last night, May 16th, I went to the Nursery Dept in Kalispell, Montana to purchase some flowers to plant in my yard. I was appalled to discover the see the condition of the plants! The entire stock was drooping or dying from lack of water. I asked the clerk, who was on Duty around 7:00 PM, why the entire produce on the floor was being allowed to die for lack of water! She told me Lowes can't find anyone to water the plants, yet she was just standing behind the counter with no customers but me in the garden area.

She said there is one person that works only 3 hours and can't do it all. She said she couldn't leave the cash register so there she stood while the store loses thousands every day. I told her I have been here before and found many plants dying from lack of water but never have I seen so many. She said there was a new shipment in the back and I could find fresh plants there because they had not been placed on the shelves yet.

I went back there and found those plants too were drying out. A complete shipment worth thousands of dollars and the store management could not find anyone to water! The employee told me that was routine and they just moved the plants to the markdown section and then just threw them out and another one would come in.

If a responsible person in charge at Lowes in Kalispell were aware of this practice, the store would serve the public with good products and the store wouldn't lose thousands of dollars each year. I am a gardener and plant lover and in good conscience I cannot remain quiet and let this continue....doesn't anyone care anymore about customer service, common sense and good old fashioned work ethics?

I know if Corporate Management were aware of this practice, the bottom line would determine changes must be made and changes would indeed be made to solve the incredible waste and neglect that is happening in Kalispell, Montana. But because no one does their jobs anymore, I doubt anyone will read this and if anything I'll receive a pre-prepared form letter thanking me for my interest and the insanity will continue while I find another store to buy my garden supplies from.

Upvote (0)

I absolutely love Lowes-first! I do most of my home improvement shopping there.

But, I applied for two positions there met with Jeff Espenship and Nancy both directors and the VP. All went well except I wasn't selected. That is their choice.

I just interviewed for the the Sr. Manager Operations job and Dour Dinsmore stated I almost did not get an interview because they thought I was the same Arlene Johnson that interviewed with the VP, but they did research and I wasn't. He said negative things that this Arlene has applied for every job they had---untrue. Janice Beltran in HR stated that I could apply and they sent me an email on their job fair.

I want this to go to their corporate HQ because they should not be discussing another candidate in an interview, and guess what? It was me they were discussing and didn't know. The other issue is that HR was in the room as well.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a refrigerator and grill from your East Peoria, Il store. The clerk who waited on me (Amber) was the rudest sales clerk I've ever had. She hassled me about my 10 percent off coupon. I had to ask to see the manager. After that was worked out not even a thank you from her, I said I need to know where to get the propane tank. She snottinly said "just wait out front, someone will load it"... Waited 10 min had to go back in and no one had been paged to load it. I work with the public at the Post Office. I know how frustrating it can be. I was trying to be as pleasant as possible. I left there shaking with anger. I had just spent $1,300 dollars and was treated like garbage!!

Upvote (0)

I purchased cabinets and counter tops at the amount of $7,000.00 at the Murphy NC 28906 store on March 30th. The Installer was to show up 4 days after my purchase. My husband and I removed the old cabinets and flooring ourselves so there was nothing left for the installer to do but to put my cabinets in and counter tops. It is now May 11 2015 .We have give them the benefit of the doubt but now I am very angry with them.We have complained to the Kitchen designer at Lowes, the managers, the installer and now to you guys. I have yet to get a phone call from anyone explaining to me why no one has been to my house. I will get my money and I will take my business elsewhere. I shouldn't have to chase around people to get them to work at my house. That should be Lowes job to make sure the job is started and finished. Someone better get this resolved ASAP. I will take this matter to court. There's no sense In the unprofessional service that I am getting from Lowes. I have the receipts of our purchase, you better get In touch with the manager at the Lowes In Murphy. His name is Mike Finnegan the number at Lowes is 828-835-4660. The kitchen designers name is Lori Curtis.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a whirlpool refrigerator a little over a year ago; I also purchased the extended warranty with it. My refrigerator as broke down now 3 times and I still do not have it resolved. I called the Lowes plan line today (Saturday May 10th) 4 times. I have also spoken to a supervisor about this continuing problem, she was to call me back with an appointment and at 12; 50pm I called and spoke to Britany and was disconnected, with no return phone call, I than called back and spoke to Johnathan who did not understand why I did not receive a return call and why NO ONE HAS TAKEN CARE OF THIS PROBLEM? I’m more than disappointed in Lowes and the people that represent them! You would think someone would want to resolve this problem, instead of allowing this to continue!!! Lowes you score a 0 out of 10 for taking the time to help your customers! I requested an appointment for today, and I was more than dissatisfied with the response I received. I will be the first to admit that I was less than pleasant on the phone, however 3 times is more than enough to have a product not work.

Upvote (1)

On 5/1 I visited your Vacaville location to purchase some redwood lumber to start a project. I drive a small vehicle (RAV4) and therefore don't have a lot of room, maybe 7 ft. max. Upon entering the store, I asked one of the checkout clerks if I was to purchase some redwood 2x6's would they be willing to cut them in half equally, i.e., 10' to 5' etc. Her exact words were "Oh we are very finicky about cutting lumber, but let me ask." She deferred to another clerk who said they don't cut lumber as they don't have the equipment to do so. I retorted by saying, "I think Home Depot will" and the reply was "maybe."

I immediately went to Home Depot as they are directly across the freeway and they were more than happy to accommodate me. In fact they helped me pull the lumber I needed. Long story short. Since 5/1 to date (5/8) I have purchased from Home Depot approximately $700 for my project. All of this product could have been purchased from Lowes had your personnel have been more accommodating. I'm not sure what's happened in this store as everyone was always very friendly and this is why I went there first instead of Home Depot. Perhaps the wheel is turning. I think it's worth looking into. I'm only one customer.

Upvote (0)

I have been to the Kennewick store twice to look into a water softener. The first time I wanted Info on the Whirlpool model. My wife and I waited for someone to help us and it took 15 minutes to get someone. After five minutes more it was clear this man new nothing about water softners.

The 2nd time I went it to get info on the Krystal Pure system. Again they send this same guy who didn't even know Lowes sells Krystal Pure products. He had no idea if I could get the system I wanted or how to get it. He also didn't know anything about the new Krystal Guard or how to add it to the system I wanted. On Krystal Pure's website they say you are suppose to carry their whole line of products. Trying to get any info online is a bad joke. I have been to your store twice I won't go a third time !

Upvote (0)

The fact that I just paid $ 50.00 for a MWF refrigerator water filter in E. Peoria, IL when I can buy it on line for $ 22.00, is a is total insult......(they used to be 15.95) Oh , I know, I'm just a stupid senior citizen. May I never shop at Lowes again. At least I had my say.

Upvote (3)

I ordered a 22 chest Frigidaire from online on 04-15-15 invoice no. On the receipt, it says store 417 and PO # 5451880. One store from Tallahassee (Florida) and it said free delievery one week later. I got called from Lowes saying that your freezer is ready and he asked whether I want to pickup or do they want to deliever to us.

The delievery date was 5-6-2015 as per schedule. I said just deliever to me since it said online free delivery. They called me 3 to 4 times asking same thing. I stayed on my point saying just deliever to me and on 5-6-2015, he called me in the morning saying that my delievery box is broken.

I said since you called me 3 to 4 times before, why you didn't mention me that time that my freezer was broke. He said it will take another 4 to 5 weeks to get another one. Anyway, I cancelled my order since I came to know that they don't wanted to deliver my order they wanted me to pick it up. Could you please look into this matter? If you need any further information about my order, I will send you my whole invoice.

Upvote (0)

I am a maintenance supervisor at Ahepa Affordable Housing at one of the properties in Mobile, Al. We have had a commercial account with Lowes for several years and until 5/6/15 have had good service. I went to the 1599 store on 5/5/15 and made a purchase of some plumbing supplies and paid with the company card with no problem.

The next day I went back to the store 1599 on Rangeline Rd. to buy more plumbing supplies for the property. When I went to check out I was told I could not use the card as I was not an authorized user. I informed my property manager of this and she showed me that I was an authorized user and have always been. When I told the cashier that I had just made a purchase the day before and have been using the card for several years she called her supervisor over.

The supervisor looked at the screen and with a very flip attitude said "sorry". Needless to say I was not only embarrassed but became very angry. I have had a personal Lowes Visa card since this branch was first opened and have used it often since. Last week I bought a new lawn mower and if I had not already used it I would have taken it back for a refund.

I went home and cut up my Lowes visa card and I promise I will never shop a Lowes again. I told my property manager even if the problem is resolved I will only use the account when I have no other choice. I will buy company supplies from HD Supply from now on. I will buy my personal materials for home improvement at The Home Depot.

Upvote (1)

I've spent many of thousands of dollars thru a company with Lowes. In Diberville, ms.,and many other stores thru out southern states. I'll have to say that you have the most rude people at your customer service station in D'iberville, Ms. . One lady named Carmin and another named Linda. I have been insulted and ignored by these two "ladies" for the last time. I'm taking my business elsewhere. I hope you can find more people friendly personnel. I'll continue to use Lowes in the other areas as your products are good.

Upvote (0)

I went in to buy some wire for a craft project. I was directed to aisle 14 or 15. After finding the wire on aisle 15, finding an employee to cut the wire was almost impossible. After searching for an employee, he said he could not cut the wire. He directed me to another employee who was working on a ladder. I said I would wait at aisle 15.

I waited and waited and waited. I went back to find her but she was not at the same site. I searched for her until I found her at another aisle. She said she thought that was where I needed her. How would she know? I never talked to her. After finally getting my wire cut, paying and leaving the store, it was 1:00pm. That is TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Upvote (1)

We purchased a refrigerator and a stove. We were expecting a morning delivery however, they called us and said we could only do an afternoon delivery between 1-4pm but I called and told them that it has to be in the morning. We were told yes.

Next day no one called us till late afternoon. I told the driver to take it back because I need it in the morning. Next day, Tuesday, we went into the store early, and we were told guaranteed morning delivery again. Nothing in the morning told the driver to take it back.

Today, we canceled the order and spoke to the manager, and he said it was a miscommunication. He lied to protect the person that did not want her job.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a pressure washer from one of your stores on 5/3/14. I used the washer one time last year to wash my house, which took about 4 days. I pulled it out of the garage on 5/4/15 and the washer wouldn't start. I took it back to the Lowe's in Greenville, NC to well after only using the thing one time.

The team at Lowe's told me the only thing they could do was to send it off to have it fix. My question to them was why would I want a new washer to be worked on. The manager told me that he could send it off to have it fix or I could take it back with me and have someone fix it, but there was nothing else he could do for me. After exchanging words with the manager, he told me to leave the washer to be fixed or take it with me on the way out of his store.

After being a customer for over 15 years, it's a damn shame to be treated the way I was today. I purchased that washer for more than $275.00 and only got to use it once. Now I have to get it fix. I just purchased a refrigerator from Lowe's last week, which was over $1500.00. What a damn joke my day has been with Lowe's today. I will make sure that I don't have the same problem with the refrigerator, because I'm calling them tomorrow to have them come get it because my 30 days run out and it stop working. Thanks for the last 15 years and so long.

Upvote (1)

I went into the Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC Lowes on Tuesday May 5, 2015. I usually avoid Lowes and shop at Home Depot because very similar experiences in other Lowes stores, particularly the Cherrydale store in Greenville. I came in around 11:30 am to purchase five bags of concrete.

As I walked into the door at the contractor desk, I got in the checkout line that already had three people in it. As soon as I stepped into the line, two other customers got in line behind me, making the number in line 6. The lady at the register was doing all she could, but was dealing with a price check issue, or something along that line.

There were two gentlemen working at the contractor desk; one was on the phone, and one was standing at the register punching keys on the keyboard. Both of the men kept their heads down as if they were unaware of the huge line at the next register. The comical thing was that they kept looking up to see if anyone was looking at them. As we saw this happen continually, all of us customers in line started laughing and mentioning each time they looked up.

Finally the lady at the register asked them to open the other register, to which they both feigned complete confusion at what she was saying. She had enough and opened the other register next to her, but since she could only ring up one customer at a time, it went no faster. In fact, the customer in front of me took the laser scanner and scanned all of his own merchandise to try to speed up the process.

Finally, one of the men opened the register and took all of the people in the back of the line, making those of us that had been there the longest, the last ones to finally be checked out. I explained my irritation to him, and asked to see a manager, who said he would pass this problem on to his "higher ups". I told him that I doubt anything would be done, because most Lowes stores disregard the "if there are 3 people or more in line, we will open another register" policy. I would prefer to deal with Lowes because it is closer to my house, but because this has happened before, I drive past Lowes to go to Home Depot.

Upvote (0)

I bought washer/dryer set & Lowes extended warranty with them & after not even a year experienced problems with the washer/dryer set. So we called Lowes. They sent people out about 9 times & problems have still not been resolved. We were denied for our replacement. Really frustrated because washer/dryer should not have problems less than a year bought. Had a washer/dryer set previously for 10 yrs & never once had it maintenance done on it.

Upvote (0)

I live in Georgetown, Ky and shop frequently at the Lowes there. I went there today and had a basket of items to purchase and ask for my veterans discount. I showed them my drivers license which has veteran stamped on it which you cannot get without showing your dd 213. Your employees state they cannot accept this.

How can your company treat veterans like this after giving their lives for our country? I have shopped in one of your Lexington Ky stores, and they were nothing but kind and had no problem giving me my discount. Even if I have to go out of my way, I will not do business with a company who treats veterans this way. No one could cheat by having this put on their license. You have to show proof for them to put this on your license

-Disappointed Veteran

Upvote (0)

I was buying plants this morning and the check out in that area was 6 deep on two counters so I went inside where the lines were shorter. When I reached the checkout the clerk got a phone call and was told she was 30 minutes late that morning and appeared to be instructed to go home. (She denied being late) The person who made that called is the one who should have been fired and would have been if I was running the store as that person had no idea what was going on in the store at the time as you were short people at the cash registers and you were sending one home (who happened to be one of the best you have). That manager is the one that should be gone. This is the store in CO SPS on Powers.

Upvote (0)

Laurel, Lanham MD...I live near the Laurel Lowes, and have shop there since it open, but through the years the service has dropped drastically. there is no service, no help with materials needed, no one knows where thing are, if you order something most likely it will be wrong. I just simply hate to walk in your stores, you can't reach a store manager, I have never been able, example: today I called your LANHAM store asked if they carried the Adhesive Grout all in one, he said he didn't know! put me on hold and shortly hanged up. called again and was told they did have it, made a visit to the store to find they have not carried that product for a number of years. I am a 30 year Vet in the Construction Industry's in all areas, my personal experience is that you don't care who you hire, don't give Customer service abdicate, you have people working in areas that have no experience and don't care to learn provide service with some smile.

I work all over the State of Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania. my best experience ever has always been the Summerset PA. they do every thing right, they greet, if you ask, where is? they take you there, they help you load, if you have a big order they will drop it off, for a small fee. I am always impress what will they do next. please sent some of your employees to this location and have them train them. you need to start making drastic changes to the Laurel store, from Management down, I called today to talk to Manager from a prior complaint, waited, phone rings, waited, no manager finally hanged up. what is a Person or Contractor to do if you can't reach anyone to assist you in moving the ball. I am in your store to BUY SOMETHING, i want to give you more MONEY, that's all help me help you to help you to my MONEY. please, please response is needed. ASAP

Upvote (0)

I have been shopping at Lowe's in south St. Louis since it opened, and in 2012 a store clerk told me about Veteran's 10% discount if you have a Veteran's ID card. I was told to pay extra and get one with a picture ID because the one without the picture can be passed around to any one and they can use it. Now, I have been using my card there since Dec. 2012 and on April 18 2015. The clerk told me she cannot honor a picture ID Vet card, so I asked for the manager, and he said I never could use it. Sadly enough, I have receipts showing they did honor it since 2012. If your going to have a promo then get it together.

Upvote (1)

Purchased a vent-less fireplace in February. When having installed had problem with unit igniting. Gas company said faulty valve. Called lowes... Was told seasonal item by assistant manager. He said he would call the sales rep to see what to do then. Said came in at 8 next morning would get back to me by 10. Well he did not! I called him that day at 2 said he called rep and he said seasonal item would have to see if he could locate one somewhere in country (REALLY) and that! Would have to probably wait till next September or October!!! Common since says they do not stop make these fireplaces just because it is April. I decided to figure out on my own. Got out my paper work found #for manufacture contacted them and found out it was a very simple problem. Fireplace is now working. You would think that either he or your rep would have known to call the manufacture directly. Absolutely no customer service here AT ALL!!! You have no idea how many thousands I mean thousands of dollars I have spent in your store. We have owned our home almost 30 years and done all our remodeling on our own purchasing everything at lowes. My business will now be at Home Depot! The store I am complaining about is Surfside Beach SC.

Upvote (0)

We are a business serving the middle Tennessee area. Your Lowes store in Cookeville Tennessee is the worst of the worst !!! I placed a phone call 3 different times this afternoon at about 1:15 PM on 4/16/15 trying to reach the plumbing department to get some pricing for a job. On all three times when the call was placed into plumbing it just kept ringing then went back to the operator all three times. The fourth time the operator got very nasty with me saying the store was busy & my call can't be completed . ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!! I have NEVER been told that from any store, and we call many stores for estimates on materials for our jobs. We will drive the two hours & purchase our materials from Home Depot in Nashville from now on. They are so much more friendly & will bend over backwards for ALL their customers. Your store in Cookeville SUCKS !!!!! This is one of many complaints we have had when we attempt to get pricing and/or service at that store. I wish Home Depot would open up in the Cookeville Tennessee area ---------Lowes would go completely out of business there !!!!

Contact the Lowes Complaint Department