Lowes

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Lowes

Posted by francis kolacki on Jan 17, 2015
Customer Rating

we had solid surface counter tops installed in 2006. we have always had a problem with caulk on the backsplash. this past Tuesday I removed the backsplash in order to install a tile backsplash. right away I noticed the problem. the installer, shell fab & design inc. left 2 inches of counter top on the ends and removed 5/8 of an inch in between. so there is a huge space between the wall and the counter top except on the ends. they glued the backsplash to the wall and tried to hide it with caulk. once removed from the wall the backsplash falls into the space. it does not even touch the counter except on the ends. this now creates a major problem trying to install tile since the tile is only 1/4 thick. I went to the store and showed photos to the kitchen design people. they said that was completly wrong and wondered why they would leave it like that. we went to the service manager and he said " well that was a long time ago, the warranty is only for one year". he said to send him the photos and would look into it. I called customer care and spoke to a nice woman who took my info and said that she would forward that info to the store manager and someone would be in touch. the service manager called the next day saying he sent the info and photos to the contractor and they will be in touch. after not hearing from them I called them. the contractor said " that was a long time ago what do you want us to do. we can't put material back on". this was a major screw up by them which they tried to cover up. I called customer care again and spoke to a very rude woman, not the same one from the first call. again the same response that was a long time ago. I tried to explain that it was a hidden problem and I could not have know about it until the backsplash was removed. I also explained the problem I will have trying to install the tile. her response was " well , you signed off on the install" again I explained there was no way to notice it until the backsplash was removed. again the response" well that was a long time ago, you signed off on it right?. I told her that I was not there when it was installed. and was told basically too bad that was 8 years ago. I feel lowes is responsible since I paid them and they hire the contractors. it really bothers me that no one cares that a contractor that lowes hires screwed up and hid the problem. the 2nd customer care woman is in the wrong job. making no attempt to help. I asked for a phone # of a mananger or some one higher up and she refused to give any to me. so now I have to try to fix this my self which be cost me a lot of extra time and expense. and will now have to add extra pieces of tile to cover up the space. we will not be able to achieve the look we wanted either. it appears that lowes could care less. I now have a mission to inform everyone I can about the practices of some of the contractors that lowes hires and how lowes customer service could care less about their customers . I for one will never buy anything from lowes again and hope others will follow my lead.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Lowes provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Lowes?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.86 out of 5
1.86 out of 5 Stars
125 Consumer Reviews

Lowes
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Lowes. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the Lowes customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the Lowes company website. What is their website address?

More Lowes Complaints

Customer Rating

On September 21, 2014, I bought a Decorative Fabric Blind form Lowes. I asked for black-out and my understanding was I was giving a black out. A week later the blinds was installed. I started having migraines and was wondering why. I have not suffered from migraine for over 10 years. I noticed my migraine was as a result of the blind in my room. The blind generates heat during the day, the blind gets so hot that it burns. I immediately contacted Lowes. I explained the situation to them and they told me they will replace it but I have to pay for the replacement first, which I did. On January 11, 2015, an installer from Lowes came to install the new blinds. He unwrap the box and informed me that the new blinds has gap. I told him I am aware. He told me that the sun will still reflect in my room. I told him that I ordered blackout and I was told my Lowes representative that these were black out. The installer told me that he has installed several of these blinds and advised me to get the vertical blind if I want no sun. I became confused and told him not to have it install till I talk to Lowes. He stated he was going to call Lowes and advised them that the blinds was not what I wanted. I told him to call in front of me but he stated he will do so while he was driving to another home to install. He also reinstalled the blinds in my bathroom and told me he would not recommend the roller shades, that they will always give me problem. He reinstall the blinds and did not clean up after him. I immediately called Lowes via telephone and explained the problem to them. They informed that the installer had no right to advise or recommend, and that his job was to install. I was told they will get in contact with him. I contacted the installer on the phone and have the blinds install. He told me he cannot come back a the moment and told me he will be returning in the afternoon. He stated he will call me back after he calls Lowes. I received a call from Lowes about 1pm stating the installing will not be returning today. I was frustrated, angry because I had called off to make sure the blinds are installed today and felt I am being played with. I have lost a whole day of pay and now they are asking to reschedule after their installer was too lazy to install instead he was giving me recommendation and advise and put me in state of confusion. This is time wasting and poor customer service. I am asking Lowes and their contract installer for a refund. Thank you.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

We never got our $26 refund from end of Dec.-Jan. We have been in twice. I just went in today and they told me we got it 15 days after we returned our lumber. NO. If I had gotten it why would I be back in asking for it. The lady in the office had a snippy attitude. Lost prevention and the ladies made me feel like a criminal. They want our bank print out from Dec.Jan. I feel like a criminal and would have called a lawyer if the police had showed up like they seemed to have wanted to.
There records shows they credited our account. But it has NEVER gone into our account. They even refused to give me a Gift card.
I AM DONE SHOPPING LOWES and posted it for others NOT to shop there using credit on there ATM cards.
This better be resolved ASAP.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Carol Lavoie on 03/14/2014 at IP address 72.23.84.159 using our Lowes Butler Pa complaint form. This opinions contained in this Lowes Butler Pa customer review titled, “We WANT our refund/ SO UPSET. Have NOT gotten it since Dec. jan.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Shopping at Lowe’s in Albany, Georgia is the worse experience. Some of the associates are so rude that you hate to spend your hard earned money in their store. You can’t complain to management because he is just as rude as his associates. I attempted to purchase window blinds and needed to understand how, when and what. The associate got so irritated and told me she had to go help another man that was looking at some blinds also and just left me standing there with no return. When consulting management his statement to me was she was probably helping him before helping you and even the man that she was helping stated no sir I thought she was finished helping her when she walked over to me. I didn’t ask nor did I need her help for her assistance, she did. She just came over to me and asked me what I was looking for leaving the lady standing. Then the manager asked me, What did I want him to do about it in a crazy rude way. I said just don’t worry about it I will just go to another store. So tonight I tried Lowe’s once again. I was looking for gray paint when The young man asked did I need some assistance, I told him I was looking for gray paint and he suggested that another young lady would help. This young lady was beyond rude, she said, “what? gray paint what kind of gray paint?” then she went on and on about gray paint is gray paint,” I just looked at her amazed that she was having a fit about this gray paint acknowledging to myself that I didn’t even ask for her assistance with the because she was right gray paint is gray paint. But it was the young man that offered her assistance maybe he was being sarcastic. But, I didn’t feel as an adult it was to funny nor was I in the joking mood to be played and humiliated in front of the customers as I was. The young lady continued to discuss with the other customers my dilemma, how many ways can you buy gray paint. I finally told her bay don’t worry about the gray paint I know what I want and I didn’t ask for your assistance I was given your assistance thinking possibly you had some suggestions or some different types or maybe there was a sale on paint that I wasn’t aware of but never the story that she was portraying. I plan on never shopping in Lowe’s again if I can help it.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I bought wood flooring at Lowes with a lifetime warranty. The floor was around 3000 and the install about 3500. I hired an installer. The floor looked great but little by little I started to notice cracks in some of the boards. I then noticed when I moved the couch the floor was dented underneath the weight of the couch. I called the store and they said they would send someone to look at it. It took four months. When Allen and Roth ( a division of Lowes) came to observed the floor he said it happened because of the weather. I told him it was a beautiful summer with hardly any humidity or rain and that was ridiculous, he quickly changed his story and said it was the install. I since have had three builders come and look at the floor and say it is a manufacturing defect and the floor should be able to hold up under the weight of furniture. This has nothing to do with installation. For eight months they have been telling me they are escalating this and they don't ever return phone calls. When I finally caught up with the store manager Marcus he told me to come in and buy something else and he would give me fifteen percent off. It took us twelve years to save up for this floor and its pure crap! Furthermore their complaint process is bogus its like complaining to your boss about his son they never find anything wrong with their products.

Customer Rating

I went to Lowes to buy curtain rings due to that's where we started buying them. They had 1 box, so I asked about when the next shipment was going to come in. The lady said that was all they had and they were dropping the line, but she looked on line and they had 8 boxes in Pocatello Id. I called and talked to them and the gentleman said it would be easier if I would go back to our Lowes and pay for them and have Lowes send them on their truck to Twin Falls Id. I went to customer service and told them what I was told. The woman said she had never heard about doing it this way. She went to her boss and he said they would not due it due to it being done away with and they would not do it on such a small purchase. Lowes lost a customer and if they continue to do business this way they will not be in business long.

Customer Rating

In the second week of December, 2014, I purchased a shower door that was not in stock, so I bought the door and the sales representative advised me that the door would arrive at the store on December 29, 2014. I live approximately 20 mile one way and arrived at Lowes on the 30th day of December to pick up my shower door. The sales representative stated that the door was not delivered yet and she stated that this will take at least two months to come in and did not know why I was told the door would be in by December 29th. I left the store and came back in the middle of January of 2015, the sales representative stated that the door was not in and both times they never looked for the door just in the computer.

I came back the third time and the same sequence occurred. I received a call from Lowes store in Ruston, Louisiana in January asking me how my service was with my shower door. I advised them that I never received my door and they told me it was not in. The representative from Lowes stated the door was in. I received a call from Antonio (service manager) and he asked me about my service. I explain that I was not too happy with the service and the run around I was getting. He told me to ask for him when I come to pick-up my shower door up next time. I went to Lowes to pick up my door and I asked for Antonio, he was at lunch so I told the service clerk that I ordered a shower door and needed to pick it up. She advised me that my door was not in stock yet.

I advised that Antonio advised me it was in and she advised that it was not. I asked for a service manager and waited approximately 15 minutes. I asked her again and she stated he was with another customer. I left and stated I will be back to pick up my shower door due to I had a prior engagement I could not be late for. The fifth time coming to Lowes to pick up my shower door, I was advised again that my door was not in, I advised her that it was in and was called several times (3) by Lowes representatives on how my service was with my shower door. She then told me it was in and that she was calling someone to pick it up and bring it to the exit doors.

I advised her that I was going to my vehicle to load the items I purchased at Lowes that day and would be waiting at the exit doors for the shower door in my vehicle. I loaded my purchased items for that day and drove by the exit doors to load my shower door. I was there 10 minutes; I went back in the store and asked the service clerk if they were getting my door, she stated they were. I went back to my vehicle and waited at the exit door. I waited 20 minutes with no contact, I went back to the service clerk where I observed my door on a dolly in front of the service desk and both employees were talking about an off work experience laughing and cutting up.

I observed the service clerk texting on her cell phone; I asked her that I was waiting outside for my shower door? She stated no, you have to sign for the door. I asked her why you did not tell me that prior to me waiting 30 minutes for my door outside. She just looked at me and said you have to sign for the door. I finally received my door after 5 attempts and very poor service. I am a loyal customer of Lowes and this is unacceptable service, this is not the first time my service was extremely horrible. I also got to see the employee’s underwear that loaded up my shower door because his paints were down below his waist. I have a daughter and this is not the things I want her or me to see when I go to a retail store to purchase items. I’m very disappointed in the quality of service that I’m accustom to at Lowes and seriously considering finding another business to fill my needs for consumer products.

Customer Rating

I purchased 2 Maytag Cetennial Washers & a Centennial Dryer less than two years ago, plus other appliances from Lowe's. a repairman told me today that a Control Board went out in one of the washers. It's costing me $270 parts & labor to fix a machine used in a two person household. Never again will I buy a Maytag product. Neither Maytag or Lowe's will do anything about it. I will never buy another product from Lowe's unless they make this right.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Doug Burkhalter on 09/04/2013 at IP address 75.225.132.35 using our Lowe's complaint form. This opinions contained in this Lowe's customer review titled, "Maytag Centennial Washer will not complete cycles." do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

We were in Lowes on Sat. March 16, 2013 to buy a couple of boards and legs for a swamp cooler, when we reached the front of the store to check out the only registers that were open were self serve. We went to the counter and started to proceed with our purchase and we had a problem with the check out, we couldn't find anyone to help us take care of the issue no one in sight, we ended up leaving our purchase and going to Home Depot. If you are going to go to complete self serve you should make the public aware of this and you should have an employee in the area to help your customers, as for me I'm finished with Lowes you won't get anymore of my money or business.

Customer Rating

We tried to buy paint and the lady behind the counter said she could not create the color we wanted (even though we got the paint sample card from Lowe's). We went another day and the lady (a different one) mixed it right away with no problem.... A couple of weeks later we went in to order some wallpaper border. The same lady that gave us the problem about the paint said we could not order after 5:00 p.m and that we had to come during the week before 5:00. (This is almost impossible with our work schedules). So we picked out some border that they did have and we were told they were out of stock. She said we could take the product number to the front desk and they would place the order for us. We were told at the customer service desk that they would call us when it came in (probably 3-5 days). They also said we had to pay for it then. We asked if we could wait until the order came in and they said no. We had to pay then. 9 days later we got a call from someone asking how our experience was when we picked up our border. We told them we had not received our border and had not gotten a call yet that it had come in.... She said "Oh, well it is in and you can pick it up anytime." The next day (Saturday) we went to pick it up and no one could find it. After standing there waiting for 30 minutes, I finally asked them to just call us if they found it. On Monday after no call, - we went back to the store. We were told they do not "hold" the product at customer service since it was not a "special order" and that it had evidently been sold.... This is absolutely unacceptable. We paid for the product 3 weeks ago and no one can find our order.... I want a complete refund and will NEVER go to this store again.... They are the most irresponsible, careless and unproffessional crew I have ever dealt with.

Customer Rating

Bought a generator 2 years ago ever sence it was new it would not start or it started hard took it back 2 times last year and was told all was good. End of the year it would not start took it into them and they could not find any information on it so it sat for 3 weeks till i called them. When i called i was told it had no warrenty and had to get it fix on my money so i called the company and was told it was still under the two year warranty and should be fix for no charge. So after a week of this thet send it to some shop and now they tell me it had bad gas in it and the carb had junk in it and i had to pay $65.78 to get it back i told the guy who they had fix it the gas was only 4 weeks old how could it be bad he then tells me that gas is like milk it goes bad in 4to 5 weeks. WHAT KIND OF BS IS THAT. So now the storre tells me well it is something we do not carry we only got them because we needed them when all the power went out and we do not have to stand behind the warranty MORE BULL SH** so what can you do for me

Customer Rating

Saw that your Lowe's company saw fit to stop advertising during a show called All American Muslim. I had never watched the show but after hearing of you companies action I caught an episode. The show was very tame and depicted normal people going about their normal, and boring lives, their only crime it seemed was being Muslim. At church the other day during a sermon on regular people making a difference, I was reminded about your company's decision and I vowed not to shop at your store until you retract your position.

So, now when I undertake on a home improvement project I simply drive the extra 1/2 mile to Home Depot- I spent $350 last week alone. Isn't choice great.

Customer Rating

I witnessed on more than one occasion the store manager Ray at store 2401 buying beer and then drinking it in the lowes parking lot then returning to work. i personally think this is unacceptable. The lady Kathy in the same store, in the paint department treated me with no respect and was using vulgar language and called me stubborn and asked me if i was ignorant. im not sure but maybe i was asking too many questions but all i wanted to know were the answers to my questions about the paint that i didnt understand. most of the people there are great but these two really are surely not professional.

Customer Rating

We went to Lowe's on Nov. 9th at 7:30AM to buy a new garbage disposal and get it installed by Lowe's. I asked if we could get the service quickly since we have company at our home. Brian Baldwin tried to get service that day, but no one ever called us. He told us we would hear from the Service Dept. within 48 hours. It was 56 hours before any one called and three days after we bought the appliance we got serice. Rick did a great job of installation. When I called my Lowe's #2767 the mgr. quickly referred me to a Scott who said he would check with Lee who sets up service and he promised to call me back. Now 4 hours later still no call. I think $125 for serice that took 25 minutes could have been scheduled sooner and would like an adjustment on the cost since they did not get back to us in 48 hours as told. It is a two way contract. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I went to Lowe's Home& Garden this afternoon to shop some garden supplies. I was lo0king for some garden seeds I spent few minutes looking for it in frustration I look for person in charge of Home & Garden.

He told me by CORPORATE decisions from Charlotte to moved it away from the vicinity were all the plants, fertilizers and other garden supplies., It was moved to an area where people shop for hardware, electrical, and other materials nothing to do with Home & Garden.

In my view and other Lowe's loyal customers it was the dumbest moved made by some smart ASS Manager from your headquarter. Please move it back where people shopping for garden supplies can see it immediately.HOME DEPOT DON'T DO DUMPED MOVE LIKE THAT.

Customer Rating

We bought SAMSUNG'S "top of the line" washer and dryer in October of 2012. We have had NOTHING but problems with the dryer from almost the "get-go". We've had the "control board" replaced THREE times now in just over two years. Talked with someone in the "Customer Care Advantage" department who told me that if the item needed to be replaced for a third time. . . .which it DOES!

then SAMSUNG/LOWE'S would replace the dryer! Darin said, "I can see it needing to maybe be replaced once. Twice would be "pushing it". But three times?!?! That's unheard of and unnecessary! If it does require a third replacement on the SAME item. . . . .then we'll at least replace the dryer!" Well. . . . .when might be expect that replacement to happen. . . . . .please?

Customer Rating

On Sunday 11-04-2012 I went into lowes to order doors, since someone had already came out to measure, and the service at lowes in shawnee is terrible first I was the only customer, and he seemed to have no idea what he was doing. Then after ordering doors and storm doors, 4 total, there as a problem with the size, and he advised he would call the mill on Monday, and call me on that day to give me the information on possible other doors. Well no call of course, then I find out the person that was to call me was off for the next two days, so he knew he was going to be off the day he was supposed to call me and he promised. I called for the manager of course they can't be found, and then I ask for the district manager and they gave me a number and lowe and behold it was a bad number, what a joke, how many other go to lowes and have this problem. It is not like we did not have money or was trying to get a special discount, we just wanted some doors installed. Terrible service, managers have no idea what is going on, and there is no one to call and complain to, so go somewhere else in my opinion. John Eickhoff

Customer Rating

went to lowe's bought paint to paint bedroom..hired painter to paint bedroom...ran out of paint..went back to lowe's for more paint...did not match ..when it dried it was darker...went back to lowes complained..gave us paint had to go to morristown to get it...and did they care we had to pay painter more money.....plus gas back and forth..to lowe's and gas to morristown...sorry we mixed it wrong just doesn't get it.. painter sure didn't except that..so what if we had to pay him for 2 days instead of 1....i guess home depot will be getting our business or wal-mart...lot of ppl i am sure would like for us to come to their store..since we are painting all the rooms in our house....hope you will respond... ernest and mary wolfe

Customer Rating

Today I went into the Lowes Store in Chillicothe Mo, to the Plumbing Department. I spoke with a man regarding a S0lid Brass Work Horse Strainer. I told the man that I had to replace the item before because the strainer bottom was broke and the inside drain had tarnished and turned a gold color. I had orginally bought the double set, that also included the garbage disposal drain and cap. It cost $ 54.00 .

One of sales associates at that time recommended that I get just the strainer set to replace the broken one and he gave it to me at no cost. Today, I was looking for help on how to handle the same situation as it has happened again, the strainer has broken and the drain has tarnished. I explained this to the plumbing associate. I explained to him that I have already paid a plumber $75.00 to replace the items.

The associate asked me if I used bleach in the sink? He didn't seem to know how to handle the problem. He advised me to go up front and talk to the head cashier.
I went to the head cashier and she didn't know how to handle the problem either. So she went to the ASM, Ron and according to him, he called the plumbing associate and the plumbing associate told him, I said that the drain was discolored.

The ASM was very angry with me. His face was beet red and I said, "I can see you are angry with me". I said, "I don't want any trouble ". He then yelled at me and said, "I'm not mad at you". "The person who gave you the strainer was just being nice to you, there is no lifetime guarantee on this item."

Please note on the outside of the package it says, rust proof, tarnish free finish. Won't corrode or discolor. On the inside of the packaging it states, If this Kenney product when used for its intended purpose fails to give the complete satisfaction return to place of purchase for a free replacement of the same or similar item. The ASM Rob behavior was uncalled for.

I did not get my problem resolved. Perhaps I would of bought another suggested item that didn't break so easily and corrode. Potentially he lost a sale and possibly customer. I'm a good customer at Lowes. A few months back my husband and I inquired about a trailer that was for sale outside. The only one left was the one with a taillight broken. We needed a trailer and we asked if they would discount the trailer. They said, NO!

We were fine with that and asked could we order one and the sales associate didn't have the time of day for us. He said, "It will take about 4-6 weeks before you get it. I called the store in St. Joseph and they had the same one so we drove 50-60 miles to get it. Chillicothe Store lost a great sale there. Bottom line is we are not people who are trying to get over, or get something for nothing. I really don't appreciate being treated that way.

dTheres are things I do like about the store in Chillicothe. There are good associates who will go out of their way for you. I especially appreciate ASM, Pam taking the time to listen and her wanting to help solve the problem. Thank you, Pam.

Customer Rating

My mom bought me a dishwasher 2 wks,,ago she lives in N,J, and I live in West Virginia, dishwasher was installed 1 week ago
and got half the bill,, you were told it was the intetest free for the first 6 months,, it did not happen that way,
I went to the store ,,,called the 1 800 number,,,,,,, no one is giving me answers,,,
I have called the store,,3different people in 3 different states,, I need answers now why is a bill so high and why so fast , only have to build a not interest free????? I'm very disappointed, Lowes schedule me for 5 different times to install my dishwasher
Patricia Thompson

Customer Rating

I asked lowes to install fence in my backyard, through buza construction at 8557 long leaf trail, liverpool ny 13090, was done by the end of july, gate was loose , begining of november 2012 gate is broken in pieces by wind ( the only one in my neighborhood, makes you wonder? about the quality of installation),,, I notified lowes buza construction guy came ,,,, all at the begoning of november ,,,, and the whole thing is not moving for 5 weeks nobody called me about when repair is going to take place ,lowes waiting for buza construction to let them know about repair items needed , buza has not called them yet, me calling buza and lowes 7-8 times , i need to store my stuff in the backyard , before snow hits really hard. all what i get is we will call you when stuff arrives for repair at lowes , and today i knew ( 12/8/120) that lowes has not ordered the stuff yet, little over 5 wks now we are at ground zero, I talked to supervisor of clay, ny store , and nothing done or even orderd , I need the gate soon to store things in my back yard, before snow heavily hits,

interestingly winter time is not a busy season for installations in central ny , all what i keep getting from lowes repeated phone calls about customer satisfaction surveys ,,,, hasseling ...surely i am not satisfied with survice at all besides nothing is done at all for my warranty , repair in the time i need the gate repaired

Companies Like Lowes