Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by francis kolacki
Jan 17, 2015 - Buffalo, NY
Poor

we had solid surface counter tops installed in 2006. we have always had a problem with caulk on the backsplash. this past Tuesday I removed the backsplash in order to install a tile backsplash. right away I noticed the problem. the installer, shell fab & design inc. left 2 inches of counter top on the ends and removed 5/8 of an inch in between. so there is a huge space between the wall and the counter top except on the ends. they glued the backsplash to the wall and tried to hide it with caulk. once removed from the wall the backsplash falls into the space. it does not even touch the counter except on the ends. this now creates a major problem trying to install tile since the tile is only 1/4 thick. I went to the store and showed photos to the kitchen design people. they said that was completly wrong and wondered why they would leave it like that. we went to the service manager and he said " well that was a long time ago, the warranty is only for one year". he said to send him the photos and would look into it. I called customer care and spoke to a nice woman who took my info and said that she would forward that info to the store manager and someone would be in touch. the service manager called the next day saying he sent the info and photos to the contractor and they will be in touch. after not hearing from them I called them. the contractor said " that was a long time ago what do you want us to do. we can't put material back on". this was a major screw up by them which they tried to cover up. I called customer care again and spoke to a very rude woman, not the same one from the first call. again the same response that was a long time ago. I tried to explain that it was a hidden problem and I could not have know about it until the backsplash was removed. I also explained the problem I will have trying to install the tile. her response was " well , you signed off on the install" again I explained there was no way to notice it until the backsplash was removed. again the response" well that was a long time ago, you signed off on it right?. I told her that I was not there when it was installed. and was told basically too bad that was 8 years ago. I feel lowes is responsible since I paid them and they hire the contractors. it really bothers me that no one cares that a contractor that lowes hires screwed up and hid the problem. the 2nd customer care woman is in the wrong job. making no attempt to help. I asked for a phone # of a mananger or some one higher up and she refused to give any to me. so now I have to try to fix this my self which be cost me a lot of extra time and expense. and will now have to add extra pieces of tile to cover up the space. we will not be able to achieve the look we wanted either. it appears that lowes could care less. I now have a mission to inform everyone I can about the practices of some of the contractors that lowes hires and how lowes customer service could care less about their customers . I for one will never buy anything from lowes again and hope others will follow my lead.

Have you had problems with Lowes?

Compare Lowes to Similar Home Improvement more...

Top 170 Reviews about Lowes

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Lowes customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I tried to purchase a Dishwasher and install for my rental house in Mobile AL. I contacted the closest store W. Mobile, AL 7760 Airport Blvd. Mobile, AL 36608, Store #0549.

My first attempt to call them put me through a 15 minute wait for an Appliance specialist, which ended in being disconnected. My second attempt I was also disconnected after about 10 minutes. My third attempt again took nearly 20 minutes being transferred to various departments. I finally had someone at the service desk attempt to help me, but advised me I needed to talk with the appliance department, and they seem to be busy. I explained my situation and told them I understand, left my contact information and asked when the associate has some time during the day, please call me to place this order.

I waited all day and never got a return call. This morning I called again and got the exact same run around with phone transfers eventually getting the service desk. I asked to be transferred to a Manager who eventually answered. While explaining my dilemma, I was disconnected again. I tried to re-call the service desk. I let the phone ring about 50 times with no answer. Realizing I was never going to get anywhere, I called another store Store# 1599 who answered the phone and assisted me.

I was an Operations Manager for Lowes for over 3 years in Wisconsin. If any of my associates performed in this manner there would have been hell to pay. Since leaving Lowes, I still use them for all my home improvement needs on all six of my properties. Being a stock holder with Lowes I am very concerned when a store allows customer service like this. I am appalled that Lowes would allow this lack of service and will never use this particular store again.

Horrible

On Jan 21, 2015, I signed a contract to replace all windows in my house. Installation was scheduled for April 13, 2015. When they delivered the windows, one half moon window was broken on the truck. The truck was over crowded with deliveries and probably was the reason for the breakage. The installation team determined that the other half moon window was the wrong size and could not be installed.

For some reason, it took eight days for Lowes to order the replacement and as of May 20, 2015, the remaining two windows have not been installed. It is now over five weeks since the initial installation and still no schedule for the installation of the remaining windows. This is totally unacceptable. I've made many follow-up calls to no avail.

Bad

On May 7,2015, we visited your Boardman, Ohio store and purchased a John Deere tractor item 623854 for $2349.00. The tractor was in stock but you assembled it and we were told the tractor would be delivered on May 15, 2015 which it was.

Yesterday, we received your Memorial Day ad which offers a rebate of a $250.00 Lowes gift card with that tractor purchase effective 05-13-15. We were never told about the upcoming rebate or we would have waited until May 13th to purchase the tractor.

I feel we should be given the rebate since the tractor was not delivered until 05-15-15. The invoice number on the transaction is 023317018814 and the store number is 0188.

Horrible

Last night, May 16th, I went to the Nursery Dept in Kalispell, Montana to purchase some flowers to plant in my yard. I was appalled to discover the see the condition of the plants! The entire stock was drooping or dying from lack of water. I asked the clerk, who was on Duty around 7:00 PM, why the entire produce on the floor was being allowed to die for lack of water! She told me Lowes can't find anyone to water the plants, yet she was just standing behind the counter with no customers but me in the garden area.

She said there is one person that works only 3 hours and can't do it all. She said she couldn't leave the cash register so there she stood while the store loses thousands every day. I told her I have been here before and found many plants dying from lack of water but never have I seen so many. She said there was a new shipment in the back and I could find fresh plants there because they had not been placed on the shelves yet.

I went back there and found those plants too were drying out. A complete shipment worth thousands of dollars and the store management could not find anyone to water! The employee told me that was routine and they just moved the plants to the markdown section and then just threw them out and another one would come in.

If a responsible person in charge at Lowes in Kalispell were aware of this practice, the store would serve the public with good products and the store wouldn't lose thousands of dollars each year. I am a gardener and plant lover and in good conscience I cannot remain quiet and let this continue....doesn't anyone care anymore about customer service, common sense and good old fashioned work ethics?

I know if Corporate Management were aware of this practice, the bottom line would determine changes must be made and changes would indeed be made to solve the incredible waste and neglect that is happening in Kalispell, Montana. But because no one does their jobs anymore, I doubt anyone will read this and if anything I'll receive a pre-prepared form letter thanking me for my interest and the insanity will continue while I find another store to buy my garden supplies from.

Poor

I absolutely love Lowes-first! I do most of my home improvement shopping there.

But, I applied for two positions there met with Jeff Espenship and Nancy both directors and the VP. All went well except I wasn't selected. That is their choice.

I just interviewed for the the Sr. Manager Operations job and Dour Dinsmore stated I almost did not get an interview because they thought I was the same Arlene Johnson that interviewed with the VP, but they did research and I wasn't. He said negative things that this Arlene has applied for every job they had---untrue. Janice Beltran in HR stated that I could apply and they sent me an email on their job fair.

I want this to go to their corporate HQ because they should not be discussing another candidate in an interview, and guess what? It was me they were discussing and didn't know. The other issue is that HR was in the room as well.

Horrible

I purchased a refrigerator and grill from your East Peoria, Il store. The clerk who waited on me (Amber) was the rudest sales clerk I've ever had. She hassled me about my 10 percent off coupon. I had to ask to see the manager. After that was worked out not even a thank you from her, I said I need to know where to get the propane tank. She snottinly said "just wait out front, someone will load it"... Waited 10 min had to go back in and no one had been paged to load it. I work with the public at the Post Office. I know how frustrating it can be. I was trying to be as pleasant as possible. I left there shaking with anger. I had just spent $1,300 dollars and was treated like garbage!!

Poor

I purchased cabinets and counter tops at the amount of $7,000.00 at the Murphy NC 28906 store on March 30th. The Installer was to show up 4 days after my purchase. My husband and I removed the old cabinets and flooring ourselves so there was nothing left for the installer to do but to put my cabinets in and counter tops. It is now May 11 2015 .We have give them the benefit of the doubt but now I am very angry with them.We have complained to the Kitchen designer at Lowes, the managers, the installer and now to you guys. I have yet to get a phone call from anyone explaining to me why no one has been to my house. I will get my money and I will take my business elsewhere. I shouldn't have to chase around people to get them to work at my house. That should be Lowes job to make sure the job is started and finished. Someone better get this resolved ASAP. I will take this matter to court. There's no sense In the unprofessional service that I am getting from Lowes. I have the receipts of our purchase, you better get In touch with the manager at the Lowes In Murphy. His name is Mike Finnegan the number at Lowes is 828-835-4660. The kitchen designers name is Lori Curtis.

Bad

I purchased a whirlpool refrigerator a little over a year ago; I also purchased the extended warranty with it. My refrigerator as broke down now 3 times and I still do not have it resolved. I called the Lowes plan line today (Saturday May 10th) 4 times. I have also spoken to a supervisor about this continuing problem, she was to call me back with an appointment and at 12; 50pm I called and spoke to Britany and was disconnected, with no return phone call, I than called back and spoke to Johnathan who did not understand why I did not receive a return call and why NO ONE HAS TAKEN CARE OF THIS PROBLEM? I’m more than disappointed in Lowes and the people that represent them! You would think someone would want to resolve this problem, instead of allowing this to continue!!! Lowes you score a 0 out of 10 for taking the time to help your customers! I requested an appointment for today, and I was more than dissatisfied with the response I received. I will be the first to admit that I was less than pleasant on the phone, however 3 times is more than enough to have a product not work.

Good

On 5/1 I visited your Vacaville location to purchase some redwood lumber to start a project. I drive a small vehicle (RAV4) and therefore don't have a lot of room, maybe 7 ft. max. Upon entering the store, I asked one of the checkout clerks if I was to purchase some redwood 2x6's would they be willing to cut them in half equally, i.e., 10' to 5' etc. Her exact words were "Oh we are very finicky about cutting lumber, but let me ask." She deferred to another clerk who said they don't cut lumber as they don't have the equipment to do so. I retorted by saying, "I think Home Depot will" and the reply was "maybe."

I immediately went to Home Depot as they are directly across the freeway and they were more than happy to accommodate me. In fact they helped me pull the lumber I needed. Long story short. Since 5/1 to date (5/8) I have purchased from Home Depot approximately $700 for my project. All of this product could have been purchased from Lowes had your personnel have been more accommodating. I'm not sure what's happened in this store as everyone was always very friendly and this is why I went there first instead of Home Depot. Perhaps the wheel is turning. I think it's worth looking into. I'm only one customer.

Bad

I have been to the Kennewick store twice to look into a water softener. The first time I wanted Info on the Whirlpool model. My wife and I waited for someone to help us and it took 15 minutes to get someone. After five minutes more it was clear this man new nothing about water softners.

The 2nd time I went it to get info on the Krystal Pure system. Again they send this same guy who didn't even know Lowes sells Krystal Pure products. He had no idea if I could get the system I wanted or how to get it. He also didn't know anything about the new Krystal Guard or how to add it to the system I wanted. On Krystal Pure's website they say you are suppose to carry their whole line of products. Trying to get any info online is a bad joke. I have been to your store twice I won't go a third time !

Horrible

The fact that I just paid $ 50.00 for a MWF refrigerator water filter in E. Peoria, IL when I can buy it on line for $ 22.00, is a is total insult......(they used to be 15.95) Oh , I know, I'm just a stupid senior citizen. May I never shop at Lowes again. At least I had my say.

Horrible

I ordered a 22 chest Frigidaire from online on 04-15-15 invoice no. On the receipt, it says store 417 and PO # 5451880. One store from Tallahassee (Florida) and it said free delievery one week later. I got called from Lowes saying that your freezer is ready and he asked whether I want to pickup or do they want to deliever to us.

The delievery date was 5-6-2015 as per schedule. I said just deliever to me since it said online free delivery. They called me 3 to 4 times asking same thing. I stayed on my point saying just deliever to me and on 5-6-2015, he called me in the morning saying that my delievery box is broken.

I said since you called me 3 to 4 times before, why you didn't mention me that time that my freezer was broke. He said it will take another 4 to 5 weeks to get another one. Anyway, I cancelled my order since I came to know that they don't wanted to deliver my order they wanted me to pick it up. Could you please look into this matter? If you need any further information about my order, I will send you my whole invoice.

Horrible

I am a maintenance supervisor at Ahepa Affordable Housing at one of the properties in Mobile, Al. We have had a commercial account with Lowes for several years and until 5/6/15 have had good service. I went to the 1599 store on 5/5/15 and made a purchase of some plumbing supplies and paid with the company card with no problem.

The next day I went back to the store 1599 on Rangeline Rd. to buy more plumbing supplies for the property. When I went to check out I was told I could not use the card as I was not an authorized user. I informed my property manager of this and she showed me that I was an authorized user and have always been. When I told the cashier that I had just made a purchase the day before and have been using the card for several years she called her supervisor over.

The supervisor looked at the screen and with a very flip attitude said "sorry". Needless to say I was not only embarrassed but became very angry. I have had a personal Lowes Visa card since this branch was first opened and have used it often since. Last week I bought a new lawn mower and if I had not already used it I would have taken it back for a refund.

I went home and cut up my Lowes visa card and I promise I will never shop a Lowes again. I told my property manager even if the problem is resolved I will only use the account when I have no other choice. I will buy company supplies from HD Supply from now on. I will buy my personal materials for home improvement at The Home Depot.

Poor

I've spent many of thousands of dollars thru a company with Lowes. In Diberville, ms.,and many other stores thru out southern states. I'll have to say that you have the most rude people at your customer service station in D'iberville, Ms. . One lady named Carmin and another named Linda. I have been insulted and ignored by these two "ladies" for the last time. I'm taking my business elsewhere. I hope you can find more people friendly personnel. I'll continue to use Lowes in the other areas as your products are good.

Horrible

I went in to buy some wire for a craft project. I was directed to aisle 14 or 15. After finding the wire on aisle 15, finding an employee to cut the wire was almost impossible. After searching for an employee, he said he could not cut the wire. He directed me to another employee who was working on a ladder. I said I would wait at aisle 15.

I waited and waited and waited. I went back to find her but she was not at the same site. I searched for her until I found her at another aisle. She said she thought that was where I needed her. How would she know? I never talked to her. After finally getting my wire cut, paying and leaving the store, it was 1:00pm. That is TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Horrible

We purchased a refrigerator and a stove. We were expecting a morning delivery however, they called us and said we could only do an afternoon delivery between 1-4pm but I called and told them that it has to be in the morning. We were told yes.

Next day no one called us till late afternoon. I told the driver to take it back because I need it in the morning. Next day, Tuesday, we went into the store early, and we were told guaranteed morning delivery again. Nothing in the morning told the driver to take it back.

Today, we canceled the order and spoke to the manager, and he said it was a miscommunication. He lied to protect the person that did not want her job.

Horrible

I purchased a pressure washer from one of your stores on 5/3/14. I used the washer one time last year to wash my house, which took about 4 days. I pulled it out of the garage on 5/4/15 and the washer wouldn't start. I took it back to the Lowe's in Greenville, NC to well after only using the thing one time.

The team at Lowe's told me the only thing they could do was to send it off to have it fix. My question to them was why would I want a new washer to be worked on. The manager told me that he could send it off to have it fix or I could take it back with me and have someone fix it, but there was nothing else he could do for me. After exchanging words with the manager, he told me to leave the washer to be fixed or take it with me on the way out of his store.

After being a customer for over 15 years, it's a damn shame to be treated the way I was today. I purchased that washer for more than $275.00 and only got to use it once. Now I have to get it fix. I just purchased a refrigerator from Lowe's last week, which was over $1500.00. What a damn joke my day has been with Lowe's today. I will make sure that I don't have the same problem with the refrigerator, because I'm calling them tomorrow to have them come get it because my 30 days run out and it stop working. Thanks for the last 15 years and so long.

Horrible

I went into the Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC Lowes on Tuesday May 5, 2015. I usually avoid Lowes and shop at Home Depot because very similar experiences in other Lowes stores, particularly the Cherrydale store in Greenville. I came in around 11:30 am to purchase five bags of concrete.

As I walked into the door at the contractor desk, I got in the checkout line that already had three people in it. As soon as I stepped into the line, two other customers got in line behind me, making the number in line 6. The lady at the register was doing all she could, but was dealing with a price check issue, or something along that line.

There were two gentlemen working at the contractor desk; one was on the phone, and one was standing at the register punching keys on the keyboard. Both of the men kept their heads down as if they were unaware of the huge line at the next register. The comical thing was that they kept looking up to see if anyone was looking at them. As we saw this happen continually, all of us customers in line started laughing and mentioning each time they looked up.

Finally the lady at the register asked them to open the other register, to which they both feigned complete confusion at what she was saying. She had enough and opened the other register next to her, but since she could only ring up one customer at a time, it went no faster. In fact, the customer in front of me took the laser scanner and scanned all of his own merchandise to try to speed up the process.

Finally, one of the men opened the register and took all of the people in the back of the line, making those of us that had been there the longest, the last ones to finally be checked out. I explained my irritation to him, and asked to see a manager, who said he would pass this problem on to his "higher ups". I told him that I doubt anything would be done, because most Lowes stores disregard the "if there are 3 people or more in line, we will open another register" policy. I would prefer to deal with Lowes because it is closer to my house, but because this has happened before, I drive past Lowes to go to Home Depot.

Horrible

I bought washer/dryer set & Lowes extended warranty with them & after not even a year experienced problems with the washer/dryer set. So we called Lowes. They sent people out about 9 times & problems have still not been resolved. We were denied for our replacement. Really frustrated because washer/dryer should not have problems less than a year bought. Had a washer/dryer set previously for 10 yrs & never once had it maintenance done on it.

Horrible

I live in Georgetown, Ky and shop frequently at the Lowes there. I went there today and had a basket of items to purchase and ask for my veterans discount. I showed them my drivers license which has veteran stamped on it which you cannot get without showing your dd 213. Your employees state they cannot accept this.

How can your company treat veterans like this after giving their lives for our country? I have shopped in one of your Lexington Ky stores, and they were nothing but kind and had no problem giving me my discount. Even if I have to go out of my way, I will not do business with a company who treats veterans this way. No one could cheat by having this put on their license. You have to show proof for them to put this on your license

-Disappointed Veteran