Customer Satisfaction Results

Lowes

Complaint Department

Posted by francis kolacki on Jan 17, 2015
Customer Rating

we had solid surface counter tops installed in 2006. we have always had a problem with caulk on the backsplash. this past Tuesday I removed the backsplash in order to install a tile backsplash. right away I noticed the problem. the installer, shell fab & design inc. left 2 inches of counter top on the ends and removed 5/8 of an inch in between. so there is a huge space between the wall and the counter top except on the ends. they glued the backsplash to the wall and tried to hide it with caulk. once removed from the wall the backsplash falls into the space. it does not even touch the counter except on the ends. this now creates a major problem trying to install tile since the tile is only 1/4 thick. I went to the store and showed photos to the kitchen design people. they said that was completly wrong and wondered why they would leave it like that. we went to the service manager and he said " well that was a long time ago, the warranty is only for one year". he said to send him the photos and would look into it. I called customer care and spoke to a nice woman who took my info and said that she would forward that info to the store manager and someone would be in touch. the service manager called the next day saying he sent the info and photos to the contractor and they will be in touch. after not hearing from them I called them. the contractor said " that was a long time ago what do you want us to do. we can't put material back on". this was a major screw up by them which they tried to cover up. I called customer care again and spoke to a very rude woman, not the same one from the first call. again the same response that was a long time ago. I tried to explain that it was a hidden problem and I could not have know about it until the backsplash was removed. I also explained the problem I will have trying to install the tile. her response was " well , you signed off on the install" again I explained there was no way to notice it until the backsplash was removed. again the response" well that was a long time ago, you signed off on it right?. I told her that I was not there when it was installed. and was told basically too bad that was 8 years ago. I feel lowes is responsible since I paid them and they hire the contractors. it really bothers me that no one cares that a contractor that lowes hires screwed up and hid the problem. the 2nd customer care woman is in the wrong job. making no attempt to help. I asked for a phone # of a mananger or some one higher up and she refused to give any to me. so now I have to try to fix this my self which be cost me a lot of extra time and expense. and will now have to add extra pieces of tile to cover up the space. we will not be able to achieve the look we wanted either. it appears that lowes could care less. I now have a mission to inform everyone I can about the practices of some of the contractors that lowes hires and how lowes customer service could care less about their customers . I for one will never buy anything from lowes again and hope others will follow my lead.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Lowes provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Lowes?

Compare Lowes to Similar Home Improvement more...

More Lowes Complaints

Customer Rating

On September 21, 2014, I bought a Decorative Fabric Blind form Lowes. I asked for black-out and my understanding was I was giving a black out. A week later the blinds was installed. I started having migraines and was wondering why. I have not suffered from migraine for over 10 years. I noticed my migraine was as a result of the blind in my room. The blind generates heat during the day, the blind gets so hot that it burns. I immediately contacted Lowes. I explained the situation to them and they told me they will replace it but I have to pay for the replacement first, which I did. On January 11, 2015, an installer from Lowes came to install the new blinds. He unwrap the box and informed me that the new blinds has gap. I told him I am aware. He told me that the sun will still reflect in my room. I told him that I ordered blackout and I was told my Lowes representative that these were black out. The installer told me that he has installed several of these blinds and advised me to get the vertical blind if I want no sun. I became confused and told him not to have it install till I talk to Lowes. He stated he was going to call Lowes and advised them that the blinds was not what I wanted. I told him to call in front of me but he stated he will do so while he was driving to another home to install. He also reinstalled the blinds in my bathroom and told me he would not recommend the roller shades, that they will always give me problem. He reinstall the blinds and did not clean up after him. I immediately called Lowes via telephone and explained the problem to them. They informed that the installer had no right to advise or recommend, and that his job was to install. I was told they will get in contact with him. I contacted the installer on the phone and have the blinds install. He told me he cannot come back a the moment and told me he will be returning in the afternoon. He stated he will call me back after he calls Lowes. I received a call from Lowes about 1pm stating the installing will not be returning today. I was frustrated, angry because I had called off to make sure the blinds are installed today and felt I am being played with. I have lost a whole day of pay and now they are asking to reschedule after their installer was too lazy to install instead he was giving me recommendation and advise and put me in state of confusion. This is time wasting and poor customer service. I am asking Lowes and their contract installer for a refund. Thank you.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Shopping at Lowe’s in Albany, Georgia is the worse experience. Some of the associates are so rude that you hate to spend your hard earned money in their store. You can’t complain to management because he is just as rude as his associates. I attempted to purchase window blinds and needed to understand how, when and what. The associate got so irritated and told me she had to go help another man that was looking at some blinds also and just left me standing there with no return. When consulting management his statement to me was she was probably helping him before helping you and even the man that she was helping stated no sir I thought she was finished helping her when she walked over to me. I didn’t ask nor did I need her help for her assistance, she did. She just came over to me and asked me what I was looking for leaving the lady standing. Then the manager asked me, What did I want him to do about it in a crazy rude way. I said just don’t worry about it I will just go to another store. So tonight I tried Lowe’s once again. I was looking for gray paint when The young man asked did I need some assistance, I told him I was looking for gray paint and he suggested that another young lady would help. This young lady was beyond rude, she said, “what? gray paint what kind of gray paint?” then she went on and on about gray paint is gray paint,” I just looked at her amazed that she was having a fit about this gray paint acknowledging to myself that I didn’t even ask for her assistance with the because she was right gray paint is gray paint. But it was the young man that offered her assistance maybe he was being sarcastic. But, I didn’t feel as an adult it was to funny nor was I in the joking mood to be played and humiliated in front of the customers as I was. The young lady continued to discuss with the other customers my dilemma, how many ways can you buy gray paint. I finally told her bay don’t worry about the gray paint I know what I want and I didn’t ask for your assistance I was given your assistance thinking possibly you had some suggestions or some different types or maybe there was a sale on paint that I wasn’t aware of but never the story that she was portraying. I plan on never shopping in Lowe’s again if I can help it.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

We never got our $26 refund from end of Dec.-Jan. We have been in twice. I just went in today and they told me we got it 15 days after we returned our lumber. NO. If I had gotten it why would I be back in asking for it. The lady in the office had a snippy attitude. Lost prevention and the ladies made me feel like a criminal. They want our bank print out from Dec.Jan. I feel like a criminal and would have called a lawyer if the police had showed up like they seemed to have wanted to.
There records shows they credited our account. But it has NEVER gone into our account. They even refused to give me a Gift card.
I AM DONE SHOPPING LOWES and posted it for others NOT to shop there using credit on there ATM cards.
This better be resolved ASAP.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Carol Lavoie on 03/14/2014 at IP address 72.23.84.159 using our Lowes Butler Pa complaint form. This opinions contained in this Lowes Butler Pa customer review titled, “We WANT our refund/ SO UPSET. Have NOT gotten it since Dec. jan.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

First may I say that I planned & saved money for a year in advance to replace carpet in 2 rooms of my home. It has taken 5 weeks of nothing but problems to get my carpet installed. It's as if no one at the BG Lowe's knows what the proper process is to selling carpet. I started out choosing my carpet and a young woman named Stephanie explained I needed to pay a fee of $35 to have my room measured and if I bought the carpet that money would go towards the carpet. Fine. So she takes all my information and puts it carefully in the computer and reads it back to me. She tells me everything is set and the installation co. will contact me in 1-2 business days. This was on Saturday, so I waited patiently all day Monday, Tuesday and by Wednesday afternoon around 4 p.m. I called Lowe's to see what was going on.

After being transfered around the store to several people I finaly talked to the manager Rich who finallly asked if I had been giving a print out to take up front and pay the $35 measuring fee. Noooo, at no time did Stephanie give me a print out and say that fee must be paid before they will contact me. So I make my second trip to Lowe's to pay for this. Finally the installation co. calls and comes to measure my room. Then I make a 3rd trip to Lowe's to order and pay for my carpet and a vinyl material that was to be an insert by the door so there was room to come in from outside and wipe your feet. . While there I found a large carpet remnant for another bedroom that I bought and paid for while there. Lowe's told me I had to take that with me though as they wouldn't deliver that. So in 2 days I made a 3rd trip to Lowe's to try and get this carpet remnant on my husband's truck. It was too large though and wouldn't fit so they agreed to hold it till my other carpet arrived and bring it all together at once.

The installation co. calls me a few days later to tell me that the paperwork they received is differnt from what I told them. When I checked with Lowe's someone had changed my order and instead of the waterproof vinyl product for the insert in front of my door it had been changed to "peel and stick tiles with grout" which was definitely not what I had ordered and paid for. So I make my 4th trip to Lowe's to get this problem straightened out and the correct product scheduled to be delivered with the carpet and I specifically if everything had been paid for and was ready and was told yes. Then a few days later the carpet installation co. call me to tell me that I had not paid the carpet installation fee, to which I went over all of my reciepts and sure enough the Lowe's salesperson had not added that into my total bill, so I was able to pay for that over the phone, but I had to request a reciept be sent to my email for proof that it had been paid. All of this had me and my daughter a nervous wreck and had I not already ordered & paid for the carpet I would have canceled the whole thing.

I was furious.......I spent over $1100 on this carpet and I am told that part of the product might fail and have to be re-done!! This entire project from the get go has been a nightmare. My husband is mad, my daughter and I are furious and I wish I had NEVER started this home improvement project with Lowe's. It was my intention to do these 2 rooms first, then move furniture and I have another bedroom, hallway and living room that I was going to replace the carpet. Well the carpet will be replaced in those areas, but I am through with Lowe's!! I will never buy carpet from them again. The sad thing is I love the quality of the carpet and would have loved to have had the same thing in the other areas of my home, but not when I have been through all of this. Lowe's just lost about a $3000 sale from my family.

Customer Rating

Hello my name is Theresa Schenk I purchased two storm doors and had them installed . Two weeks later the door closer fell off and I called lowes and they sent their installer out who sad no problem they would replace them under warranty. I just received a call from the install department saying it was wind damaged and would not be covered. I have only had the door for 3 weeks and the door has been locked closed. Till we opened it and the closure fell off.

Customer Rating

I has an issues with the install of my counter tops from Lowes in Jefferson City TN. Placed a complaint they said would follow up and get back in contact. They did said going to make up for it and compensate us and would need to know what could do and was going speak with the store manager and called back once and I missed the call and not call since. Such bad Management for customers.

Customer Rating

I bought wood flooring at Lowes with a lifetime warranty. The floor was around 3000 and the install about 3500. I hired an installer. The floor looked great but little by little I started to notice cracks in some of the boards. I then noticed when I moved the couch the floor was dented underneath the weight of the couch. I called the store and they said they would send someone to look at it. It took four months. When Allen and Roth ( a division of Lowes) came to observed the floor he said it happened because of the weather. I told him it was a beautiful summer with hardly any humidity or rain and that was ridiculous, he quickly changed his story and said it was the install. I since have had three builders come and look at the floor and say it is a manufacturing defect and the floor should be able to hold up under the weight of furniture. This has nothing to do with installation. For eight months they have been telling me they are escalating this and they don't ever return phone calls. When I finally caught up with the store manager Marcus he told me to come in and buy something else and he would give me fifteen percent off. It took us twelve years to save up for this floor and its pure crap! Furthermore their complaint process is bogus its like complaining to your boss about his son they never find anything wrong with their products.

Customer Rating

I went to Lowes to buy curtain rings due to that's where we started buying them. They had 1 box, so I asked about when the next shipment was going to come in. The lady said that was all they had and they were dropping the line, but she looked on line and they had 8 boxes in Pocatello Id. I called and talked to them and the gentleman said it would be easier if I would go back to our Lowes and pay for them and have Lowes send them on their truck to Twin Falls Id. I went to customer service and told them what I was told. The woman said she had never heard about doing it this way. She went to her boss and he said they would not due it due to it being done away with and they would not do it on such a small purchase. Lowes lost a customer and if they continue to do business this way they will not be in business long.

Customer Rating

In the second week of December, 2014, I purchased a shower door that was not in stock, so I bought the door and the sales representative advised me that the door would arrive at the store on December 29, 2014. I live approximately 20 mile one way and arrived at Lowes on the 30th day of December to pick up my shower door. The sales representative stated that the door was not delivered yet and she stated that this will take at least two months to come in and did not know why I was told the door would be in by December 29th. I left the store and came back in the middle of January of 2015, the sales representative stated that the door was not in and both times they never looked for the door just in the computer.

I came back the third time and the same sequence occurred. I received a call from Lowes store in Ruston, Louisiana in January asking me how my service was with my shower door. I advised them that I never received my door and they told me it was not in. The representative from Lowes stated the door was in. I received a call from Antonio (service manager) and he asked me about my service. I explain that I was not too happy with the service and the run around I was getting. He told me to ask for him when I come to pick-up my shower door up next time. I went to Lowes to pick up my door and I asked for Antonio, he was at lunch so I told the service clerk that I ordered a shower door and needed to pick it up. She advised me that my door was not in stock yet.

I advised that Antonio advised me it was in and she advised that it was not. I asked for a service manager and waited approximately 15 minutes. I asked her again and she stated he was with another customer. I left and stated I will be back to pick up my shower door due to I had a prior engagement I could not be late for. The fifth time coming to Lowes to pick up my shower door, I was advised again that my door was not in, I advised her that it was in and was called several times (3) by Lowes representatives on how my service was with my shower door. She then told me it was in and that she was calling someone to pick it up and bring it to the exit doors.

I advised her that I was going to my vehicle to load the items I purchased at Lowes that day and would be waiting at the exit doors for the shower door in my vehicle. I loaded my purchased items for that day and drove by the exit doors to load my shower door. I was there 10 minutes; I went back in the store and asked the service clerk if they were getting my door, she stated they were. I went back to my vehicle and waited at the exit door. I waited 20 minutes with no contact, I went back to the service clerk where I observed my door on a dolly in front of the service desk and both employees were talking about an off work experience laughing and cutting up.

I observed the service clerk texting on her cell phone; I asked her that I was waiting outside for my shower door? She stated no, you have to sign for the door. I asked her why you did not tell me that prior to me waiting 30 minutes for my door outside. She just looked at me and said you have to sign for the door. I finally received my door after 5 attempts and very poor service. I am a loyal customer of Lowes and this is unacceptable service, this is not the first time my service was extremely horrible. I also got to see the employee’s underwear that loaded up my shower door because his paints were down below his waist. I have a daughter and this is not the things I want her or me to see when I go to a retail store to purchase items. I’m very disappointed in the quality of service that I’m accustom to at Lowes and seriously considering finding another business to fill my needs for consumer products.

Customer Rating

i know for a fact that if lowes has a product on clerance you can get more money taken off 25% up to another 75% off what the price is listed for.now me and my fiance fix up houses to rent and or sell and we buy a lot of stuff there and last year i got all my tile marked down from 55cents on clearence to 12 cents so my point is lowes does this a employer is the one who told me about this and today i went and had a whole bunch of xmas sttuff i wanted to buy.

but when i asked the cashier told me no so i asked her if she would ask a manager b/c i know they do this but the manager on duty told me i was lying pretty much that he has never heard of this and no manager would mark down a product anymore than it already is. so i put most of stuff back that i would have bought and was unsulted on top of it.

i dont appriciate being told that i dont know what im talking about or im making this up to try and get more money off who wouldnt try and get more money off if u know u can.and i know i should of been able to.thank you. and hope something is done about this

Customer Rating

We bought a dishwasher. My wife told Lowe's it was to replace our Fisher Paykel.
A delivery date was established by an installer. My wife and I arranged our schedules to be home between 9 and 12 on April 11.
Installers arrived at 10, discovered the Fisher Paykel was plugged in rather than direct wired, and stated they would need a cord cap or pigtail in order to complete the installation. We spent an hour calling hardware stores and could not find any.
The dishwasher was moved into our foyer,the installers left, and a new date was set for April 17.
I cannot be here then and my wife is adjusting the patients she sees that day to be available.
All this could have been avoided if Lowe's had known that Fisher Paykel required a plug or THEY HAD ASKED!
My time, my wife's time, the installers's time would have been used more efficiently.

Customer Rating

paid for a gas smoker when i went back to pick it up, they resold it.said they were out of the grill. would not have any more till the first of the year. it was to be a christmas gift. ho ho ho merry christmas to the people at lowes in rolla, mo. i spend a lot of money at lowes, it is about to change.veth

Customer Rating

Went over to Lowe's in Norwich NY to pick up a electrical box which was out of stock a week before the service person in electic department had told us we could up grade our 100 amp box with a 125 and they would be in the following week so went over to pick one up today got there an didn't find the one which had been recommended so ask for the service person by name. waited for about 20 mins and was ask if we had been helped during this wait by two other employees we told each who we were waiting on and both had called him.

after the last call another service person from electrical came over acting like he was agravated to have to help us he was very short and some what sarcastic when we told him what the other service person we had talked to said he said the guy was wrong and we could not use that box . He was not willing to listen or even check with the other person we had told him about , At this point we were thinking either one of them knew what they were talking about so we left the store and the whole attitude of this man had made our shopping at Lowe's that day over.

Would be nice if all the employees actually knew some thing about the department they are covering. makes us wonder about the other departments now maybe some real training is in order and also some attitude ajustment is in order they need to at least act like they want to help. Totally disappointed in this store.

Customer Rating

I have spent over $10,000.00 dollars in the last 8 months in the Lowe's in Sierra Vista. Most was in the since April of this year. I purchased kitchen cabinets and countertops, remodeled two bathrooms, purchased all my kitchen appliances, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher garbage disposal. I have purchased 65 boxes of vinyl flooring at $48.00 a box. I purchased all my valspar paint to paint the complete interior of my home.

I went to buy a freezer and asked for a 10% discount which would have been a whopping $18.00 and the management Todd and Chris both refused to give me a discount even though their on the floor employees were aware of how much I have purchased and tried to explain that to their management. They stated that they were not authorized to give a 10% discount unless I found the item for less at "Home Depot".

I cannot believe that Lowe's would not authorize their management to make a common sense decision and lose a customer for $18.00. How do you get a hold of the Lowe's complaint department other than make a phone call?

Customer Rating

On Oct. 11th 2012 I applied for a position with Lowe's at their Store Kiosk close to my home. After finishing the application process, and Assessment test, I was called and e-mailed for an Interview. At the Interview I was told they would know something by the end of that week. I contacted them at the end of the week, and was told they would know something the following wed. I again called the following Thursday, and was told it would be the next week. after doing this for about 4 weeks I received an E-mail that told me they had hired someone for that position at that location. I tried to get on the site to apply for other locations but have kept getting rejected on their site, and kiosk. trying to call these people in person is a night mare as well. they use automated systems, and want you to log on through the site. IT DOES NOT WORK! when you get to an actual person, they screw you around and have a hint of condescension in their voice. They have given me different numbers to call, all of which start out automated, and then you have to leave a message, but they will not call you back. My next step is Better Business Bureau, and wage PR Campaign against them that will make their American Muslim nightmare look like a picnic. It really Pisses me off that no one calls you back, and they will tell you someone will e-mail you in about 2 days, I will not hold my breath.

Customer Rating

Purchased counter-tops, special order through Lowes kitchen dept. Waited three weeks for counter-tops to arrive. Picked up, brought home to install.
When installing counter-tops, there was a 1/4" gap between the wall and the backsplash. The base cabinets measure 24" the counter-top measures 23 3/4" Had to use a router and remove 1/4" from the front of the counter-tops, three pieces totaling 18'.

Customer Rating

I filled out an application on lie. UGh. and to my surprise about 90 days later I got a call for an interview. They wanted me for a nursery position. NW Hwy store Garland/Dallas Texas. i thought to myself great. I went in for an interview and there were several other people. She was going to interview them for different positions. Great. She handed all of us some pre interview paperwork that we had to read and sign. Here is the deal.....

It ask the question, have you ever been convicted of a felony. They are supposed to go back in Tx 7 years on your history. But if you say no you are a liar and they will not hire you. If you say yeas they will not hire you. Now to set the record straight to everyone who says I am just a bad guy listen to what happened. When I was 23 years old I was a passenger with my brother and sister in law in a very tiny datsun pu truck.

We were returning from a pistol range when 4 people in a 4wd pu ran us into a ditch and the truck flipped twice. All of us got out of the truck with minor injuries and the truck sped off. After a few minutes the other truck came roaring up and 3 guys and 1 girl jumped out all with baseball bats. I was a 1st drgree black belt in 2 martial arts but smart enough to realize out numbered is out numbered. I grabbed my pistol and fired 3 times in the air.

Understand this was between sherman and Melissa Tx back when no one lived out there. They headed for the hills. 2 days later I got a call from my sister in law that the police called her. So I went to sherman and they showed me that 1 bullet actually came down and struck the truck 3/4 of a mile down the road and went through the top of the roof and into the seat. No one was injured. The odds of hit striking a truck moving 60+ mph was astronomical. But it happened.

I had to plead guilyt to Criminal Mischief over 1500 wich is a 3rd degree felony. I never spent a day or night in jail and got 10 years probation. But when the history is pulled up it says Agravated assault with a deadly weapon. That is the way Texas law is witten. But lowes will not look any further than that. Neither will any other employer even though Lowes says they will only go back 7 years. So they lie about their hiring peractices.

By the way I am 55 years old not and my only other violation was having a missing mud flap on my left rear wheel well on my pu truck. $320 fine.

Customer Rating

I was in the store and I overheard to women talking. They looked in my direction but did not offer any assistance. Her name was Lisa and she was talking about her and a guy in the garden department dating. She said she knows she is breaking company policy by dating "Eric" but she can not help herself. These ladies were totally ignored me. When I approached them for help they walked off. This happened a week or so ago. I will never shop at the Marrero Lowes again. I had my grandkid with me and was disgusted at the type of conversation I over heard and at the level of service provided.

Customer Rating

I already talked to the manager of the Azusa California Lowes, not that it will do any good, but our kitchen remodel is going on 3 monthes now, one cabinet damaged in shipping twice, then the contractor realized it was the wrong size cabinet! I don't feel any sympathy or concern from the store or contractor in this situation. No one acts like they really care, or that they sympathize with us because it is holding up a lot of things needing to be done. Needless to say, we are talking about a very small kitchen. I would hate to see how long it would take for a large kitchen.
I won't go on about how upset we are , because I know it won't do any good. I just want to say, that I am going to go on facebook to tell everyone I know, never to go through Lowes for a remodel. I have been posting our misfortunes with our kitchen for quite some time. For anything else, we will be going to Home Depot.

Customer Rating

I just wrote a complaint about the store and the phone number they gave me i will continue to be upset with LOWES until someone cares The store mangeger heard my problem and run for the hills leaving the ass manager to get rid of me I always liked lowes and hope we can continue in the future PLEASE CARE I DO thanks for reading and i will will expect someone to get back to me nd care 3156816187thank

Contact the Lowes Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Lowes. What is their corporate mailing address?

• I want to call the Lowes customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

• I need to visit the Lowes company website. What is their website address?