Lowes Complaints Continued... (Page 8)

741+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Lowes corporate: 1-800-445-6937

I went into Lowes yesterday and purchased an oil filter, 4 cycle oil, and 2 packs of blades for my lawnmower that I purchased in March of 2011. I purchased an extended warranty for 3 years with this mower. The warranty also states that I would receive 25% off , including sales tax on select preventative maintenance parts ( including batteries, belts, blades, filters, oil, spark plugs, and tires.) Please see section under maintenance Reimbursement benefit for riding mowers in the pamplet. When I went to purchase this and gave them my extended protection plan, they told me that they “thought” it did not cover this. This went through 7 employees of lowes before a gentleman decided to just go ahead and give the 25% for the oil and filter only. Then gave a 10% discount on the blades. Lowes gave us the pamplet to take with us. I stated that we have always used this and why are we not able to now. We never received this pamplet when purchased the lawnmower. I went to my car and read the pamplet. When I found section that stated this I went back into the store to show them this. The assisant manager, Jesse, came to the counter and said that Lowes DOES NOT reimburse for this. He said you have to call the 1-888 # and send them the receipt and they will send you the discount. He was very rude.. He said he has worked at lowes for 8 years and in all his 8 years they have never done this. I told him I just used this last year. He said no, they have never done this. He was calling me a liar. When I took the pamplet back I ask him what his name was and He said well I have worked at this lowes for a year and 1/2 , maybe they do things differently at other stores. His entire attitude changed when I asked his name. I went back to my car and called the 1-888 # and spoke with James. he said that I was correct , they were suppose to have taken it off in the store. He even spoke with his supervisor. Now I have to mail my receipt to Lowes PO Box inorder to get my money, Its not even about the money. Its about the way I was treated during the entire process. I called back to lowes this morning to speak to the manager and I got Jesse. ( the same person I spoke to yesterday.) He said he was the assistant manager which is just like the store manager and he could help me. I told him i spoke to him yesterday and I need the manager. He started again on the same thing. I told him I called the 1-888# and they told me the same thing I had told him. He still would not listen. I told him to read the pamplet. He would cut me off when I tried to talk. For him to be an assistant manager he needs more training. LOTS. I shop at lowes alot and I dont know if I will be going back after this experience. Just horrible. I am an easy going person and things don’t bother me that much, but this was just ridiculous. Why after going through 7 people doesnt anybody know.. Is it lack of trainning…

Hi my name is Otto Mullen my complaint is about the newburgh store. In your plumbing dept. Your plumbing area in the store is a mess I go there all the time to get plumbing supplies. I work part time for storm king plumbing.Nothing is in the right place the pvc pipe fittings are all mixed up. we install tankless hot water heaters your display for that Is a mess. the hot water heater is displayed upside down. Well I am looking for a full time job been in the plumbing business for about 8yrs ive been in contruction for over 20yrs. I fill out online applaications at previous times at the newburgh store. no response. I am interested in helping you help your plumbing dept and your plumbing dept. but I get no response. Thank You For your time and consideration Otto Mullen Iam hoping to here something from you.

My washer broke down a month ago. I called the lowes company stating that I believed I brought the washer eight years ago, but I brought a warranty with the washer, and it had broken down and I needed there help in receiving another one. I was then told by the appliance department in lowes in Madison heights va that they only keep things for 5 months, and that you only brought a 5 year wannanty so you are out of luck. Call George’s applicance and they might fix your dryer.

I felt like an idiot after that phone call so then I emailed info@lowes.com with complaints because I really need a washer, but my emails were left unattended. So then I spoke with lowes customer care yesterday, and let them know what was going on, and how no one would give me the time of day from lowes. Lowes store manager Christopher Delaney spoke with me on the phone very rudely and told me the only thing that they could do for me is 10% off another washer.

I informed them to check there receipts because I had brought a washer and dryer and the same time and when my dryer had bite the dust that I had no problems getting my money back, and it was on a receipt that I had to sign to get the money last year. And I also informed them that to call Georges applicance in Lynchburg because they had come to my home twice to try to fix the dryer that was under warranty last year. Georges applicance told me that they had come to my home Nov 2011 that lowes informed them that I had brought the washer and dryer in 2010 that it was still under warranty.

I informed Georges applicance thank you for telling the truth. I proved to lowes that I was telling the trurth. I never heard back from lowes in Madison heights. I told Georges appliance that I could take them not believing me but treating the way that they are doing is just wrong. I need a new washer. Mine is under warranty. They found out the truth, and they are still avoiding me. I wrote twice to custcare@lowes .com because they service and customer care stinks. I been treated like a liar, and like I was crap. I pay a lot of money to lowes in appliances. I am on a limited budget. Right now I am renting a washer from hometown rentals in Madison heights va because lowes will not give me the time of day. I would like the payments that I had already made to hometown rentals back. Two payments of $15.99. I would like a new washer that works. I would like someone at lowes to treat me with respect. Stop the crap my life is to short. Call George’s appliance and they will tell you the truth. Lowes in Madison heights contacted George’s but they never worked out anything with me. I need a washer one that works. I was not asking anything from lowes except that they help with with the piece of crap washer that does not work. I have documents in black and white that I am telling the truth. I have it were I have complained about lowes on twitter. I hope and pray that I get a washer that works for a long time from that company.

My last straw was people including the manager all I can do for you is to give you 10% OFF on a washer, and treating me like I the biggest liar in the history of the usa. I need help asap. With respect. I need a washer that works. I need my money back from where I had to rent a washer, because no one at lowes in Madison heights thinks that my business is worth the time of day, or I am worth the time of day. Let get this issue resolved quickly. Thank you.

I purchase a stove and microwave and paid full price for my merchandise to be delivered and install.First of all it did’nt arrive on the day i was promise . It was finally delivered on 04/11/13 the stove was install but they did’nt install my microwave which i paid two seperate fees for installment, I ‘m very disappointed because my microwave was not properly delivered or install they left my microwave outside in the yard still boxed up my mother is 80 years of age she lives along and they left her having to get up and look out the door allnight and day to make sure no one would steal her merchandise. I’m highly upset i think that my 1100.00 dollars was not appreciated at lowes and from being in marketing my self i no people, service, profit is the number 1 rule in retail.

I bought a new refrigerator side by side,the whole side rusted, I bought a new dryer the whole top is rusting,
I bought a new storm door a year a 1/2 ago, the bottom is starting to rust. I have called and complained and I was told all that could be done is sending me a can of paint. Can Lowes not provide home improvement items that does not rust.? I hate to leave Lowes because it is so handy for me but can’t do this anymore. What can be done?

Purchased the new side by side, and 5 months later the top ice maker failed. Had it fixed by the Samsung factory repair company and that night we realized we could not make any of the control buttons to work. The doors had to never-shimmed so the doors would align. This is undoubtably the biggest pike of junk we have ever paid $2500.00 for. Please be forewarned, do not purchase any Samsung refrigerators or washers. Poor quality and Hugh price

I was trying to buy a storm door on Sunday, Feb 3. The doors were located on the end of the aisle. I looked under the sign that was taped basically do not enter to see the price of the door. Leslie said “you can’t come down this aisle, we are working here, can’t you see the big yellow sign.”

I said that is no way to address a customer…he went on to be abusive and kept saying can’t I read the sign. He didn’t stop yelling down the aisle for all other customers to hear. He not only didn’t difuse the situation but I am not going to buy the door now.

When I went to the desk to complain he magically appeared and said he was the manager of that store. He didn’t let me even say a word…yet around all the other employees he wanted to tell me off. I said to let me speak and he said “no I am going to tell you. I am astounded by his rudeness,obnoxious, and overall abusive behavior. It was a disgusting display for any employee at any level within your company. Pia the assistant manager heard the yelling and came over.

Then Greg interrupted and said Leslie was right. The policy is…Who needed him to butt in? Instead of making matters better,they made them so much worse that I was shaking when I left…obviously with no purchase. I am appalled at that he is allowed to speak to customers that way.

well i ordered window black security bars two. spoke to 3 people at the lowes on tunnel rd asheville nc to see what else i would have to purchase in order to put window bars up. nobody knew anything. so i had and email from a christine Dooley a manager there or on here she said go to millworks or ask for a manager to find out what goes with this. well low and behold the sale manager took the bars out of box no extra mounts or nutz boltz or screws so i asked and told him i was told your store would have the rest of what i would need to install these window bars and i was assured someone would make sure i had the correct mounts or screws if needed. as i spoke on chat when ordering this the customer service guy said everything you need to purchase to install is at the store. I didnt get the sales mens name i was so livid that i drove 20 milles to pick up my purchase and once again no one knew what to do at this store. so my husband told them to credit this product back to my card. good thing i lo0oked at the receipt before i left the cashier only credited one of the window bars. So now i am only going to shop at Home Depot. this is bullshit!!! your employees need to be educated. and its not just your store its this whole city!!!!!!! No one can get anything right in this city. I spend my days straightening other peoples mistakes while they get paid for it and act like it no big deal.

I purhase new Samsung Washer Machine4.7 for on Thunderbird and /17,when the nice men can and set it up and ran a test they discovered there was a problem the washing not shutting down on water go in to machine while it was washing (this means that if you dont manually stop the machine water will over flow out while washing, so i decided to call lowes and if they have another that was comparable to this one they say yes it would Whirlpool 4.6 i said i like to have that one delierved now, he check there are none in stock in his store, he said Surprise had5 in stock and told me to call them, Well i call them and i explain i have been without a washer for over 3 weeks, I need machine bad becasue we have4 small kids that live . he said they could deliver it on monday or tuesday, ( That was NOT what i wanted to hear.) so i said there any store that this Whirpool in stock and can fast deliver, he said cal l Lowe at 59thAve/Glendale, they have one, do not what their schedule, the store in surprise by was does not deliver on Sunday,
I lowes at 59th ave/Glendlae and they yes we can delilver on Sunday mornig b 10:15am I was informed that i wouldl have to buy new supply lines from the store or they will not install the washer, the previous installer who were still in my house that they had hook up my line they are fine 1 year old stainless steel and that had no problem do that, lines look brand new, Well long short story i had to buy 2 new supply line so they would install washing machine. I am seeing that company policy goes for different store it appears. I was unhappy with my adventure buying a new washing machinea as i had spent my day firday going to Home Depot who were very nice but did no the machine in stock, so i go to Lowes at Thunderbird and 101 Freeway, and a had negative experience, the went to Frys, they were nice, but lowes prices for delerivey was bet and i also like the warranty that was offer that paid for. the tunderbird and 17 freeway werevery nice to work with and the guys you brought in the samsung washing machine and said they had never install a machine that did this before.. nice guys, but thunderbird store said i would have make all calls and find the machine and make arragement, seems to me he new i need a washing machine really bad, he could call those stores for and find when they could delivery it to me, instead i the consumer who is the reason he has a JOB did his JOB for him, i am disappointed by this experince with LOWES, a new mott for ALL you employess HEY A CUSTOMER IS WHY YOU HAVE JOB We borred money and my went to store and put this on her lowes card to get me a new. I 3 small kids and i do a lot of laundry. Thank you for the experince. Joan Smith

Purchased a Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher on 01-02-2013. Delivered and installed on 01-09-2013by Blue Water, contractor for Lowe’s Portage, IN. When I thought the installation was near completion, I asked the installer, Frank, if installation was almost cvomplete, he said it was done. The dishwasher protruded from the cabinet, with large gaps on both sides. I said that that was not acceptable. He said that the hole in the tile for the water line would show if the machine were moved back into the recess. I said that would be acceptable. He then said that the board across the rear of the opening was the problem.

The old washer cleared the board, and the design change on newer washers caused the washer to strike the board, preventing it from going further. He called his superior, who told him he could not remove it. The board is apparently glued to the outside panel. On 01-10-2013 I visited the Portage store and detailed my problem to Briana, who relayed it to her manager, who told her that nothing could be done, and my $125.00 installation charge would not be refunded.

Since I have purchased several dishwashers, electric ranges, clothes washers and dryers from Lowe’s, always installed and operating without problem, I felt that Lowe’s would be responsive to my complaint, because:

1. If a design change caused this problem with older washers, the installer should be cognizant of that problem.
2. The board could be easily removed by an installer using a Dremel-type of tool.
3. Had the installer notified me prior to installlation that the board needed to be removed for the dishwasher to fit properly.

Now I will still require his services, at additional costs, to insure the installation is done properly. I felt it was incumbent upon me to relay this complaint to Lowe’s, due to my long and satisfactory experience with your company. I would appreciate your ressponse in this matter. Although I am displeased with this installation, I must say that your sales people, Briana, and the installer, Frank. all conducted themselves professionally, and were extremely polite and pleasant to deal with.

been broke since dec 23 cant get it fixed till dec 30 i will not be buying one more thing from you people if you cant have people who can come sooner than that you need to close your doors i will make sure all i know never buy an appliance from your company i dont blame the guys you contract to do the work i blame you the company for the crappy stuff you sell to us who did use your store for so many things such as our stove our washer and now our washer …. thanks for the memories

I was redoing my sons bedroom so I went to lowes and got three gallons of paint,I am not a painter so I was telling the man what tipe of walls I have he told me what all I needed so I got everything he told meI would need.i painted it 3 days ago and now the paint is chipping of the wall I called the man and he told me I had to use primer under it ok he told me the first time the the primer was in the paint so I would not need anything else I am so mad I spent so much time and money on it for nothing

I purchased a troy built lawnmower @ 1300.00 June 1 0012. A bearing in the rear end came out of its place and the mower would not move backward/forward. The mower was returned to the Roanoke Rapids store for repair. I had to personally pay 32.10 so the service repair center would pick up the mower, fix it, and return it to the Roanoke Rapids store. My complaint is: since it was a factory defect and lowes stood behind the repair I don’t feel like I should have to pay a service center to pick it up and return it. That should be another part of the business of keeping a satisfied customer. I could have carried it to the repair center and picked it up myself a whole lot cheaper. Other than that I am completely satisfied with everything else.

My 77 year old mom purchased tile from Lowes at the location off of Mansfield Rd in Shreveport, LA. Her first appointment was scheduled two weeks ago, then cancelled by the store. They setup another appointment for the following week, would you believe the manger over the tile/carpet section called an cancelled that appoint as well. I called to see what the hold up was and why they continued to cancel on my mom after she had paid all of her money. He became would, which in turned pissed me off. He said my mom did not have a installation appointment, which we knew was a lie. Also, even if she did not have an installation appointment, when you called to cancel each time, why didn’t you tell her that.
No one in their right mind, should have a manager like that working for them. He was ignorant and his customer service was horrible. If this is the best Lowes can do, I will tell my entire family, which is a large one to go to Home Depot. Also, they complaint said they would called back in 24 hours, its been a whole week. Just a bunch of liars.

I have purchased several appliances from Lowes, I had no complaints until yesterday 20120210. I purchased a Bosch 500Vision series Washer and Dryer in 2009.

The pair worked fine until I had been noticing that the washer seems to make this noise when in the spin mode. At first I thought it was due to an unbalanced load but it seemed to only happen when washing large loads of clothes.

I purchased the extended warrenty just in case something went wrong . I made a call to the service center and they were very prompt in getting me scheduled for an appointment, when the technician arrived I began to explain to him what the washer was doing and what I had researched there was a possibility that the bearings were shot or the spider needed to be replaced ,after doing his analysis he was convinced that it was due to overloading.

his exact words were” you can only was 5 bath towels at a time”. By this time I was furious because I didn’t feel he really did a through analysis.. he called the Lowes service center and said the problem was due to overloading ..

I called Bosch and they said this model is capable of holding at least 10-12 bath towels at a time.. After talking to one of the service supervisors, If I wanted someone to come out because I wasn’t satisfied with the findings of the first technician there would be a possibility that I would have to pay for the service call if the technician reported the same thing.

This to me was and is still unacceptable. I shouldn’t have to constantly stand in front of my washer hoping that it doesn’t shake/ dance away from the wall or that when the machine (tub) wobbles when doing a large load does more damage to the washer. Honestly if it was within the 90 return period I would have retuned it.

I recently got married to my wife and received gift cards to Lowe’s to design our new kitchen. When we asked the designer what we needed to do, all he said was fill out the design brochure with measurements. We gladly complied to this and returned with the measurements. These measurements included the measurement of our appliances. He designed our kitchen and ordered it. After discounts and gift cards, we were left with about $3,200.

Four weeks later we received our cabinets. A few weeks later we got someone to install the cabinets, cheaper then what Lowe’s would charge us. I gutted my kitchen; appliances, cabinets, floor and all. I installed a bran new hard wood floor and then got ready to install the new cabinets. My installer wanted to know why my fridge was 33′ wide and the over the fridge cabinet was 30′. This cabinet was supposed to be big enough for my fridge and few extra inches for a “standard size fridge”, I was told by the designer. The designer said that he would order a 36″ over the fridge cabinet and replace three other cabinets now that they would stick out past the wall. He charged them to my lowes card and promised that the would come off later. I was told that he would put a rush on it for 7 to 10 days. 10 days later, no cabinets. Now told it would be three weeks. About the same time as a regular. Complained to the manager and he said that he didn’t understand what the problem was and then told me that it was my fault because of my measurements. (?)

I complained to KraftMaid and the could care less.

After receiving my new set of 4 cabinets, I looked them over to find out the two out of four were correct. Two cabinets were shrunk in width and the lengthened in height. Time for another complaint. Now, these new cabinets take 5 weeks to come in. I’m told that they are customed maid in a shop by elves. (?) These two cabinets were charged to an in house Lowe’s card. I am told that replacement’s should be charged to an in house account.

Two and a half months later my kitchen is done and now I am over charged on my Lowe’s card. Two managers and they can’t figure out what the problem is after five days of working on the problem. I am told what he can take off the receipt, but that is it. He can not tell me how much the kitchen cabinets cost now and how much I owe after paying $900 to the Lowe’s card.

Newton NJ Lowe’s Store and Management sucks. The are retarded and don’t know the left from right. You should at least know what is going on and have some sense of what is going on. I will respect what you can and can not do, but not that you are retarded and can’t comprehend what the problem is. Fix the problem.

Lowe’s Corportate Office just forward your emails and phone calls to the local store. Then the store manager respond’s with “I don’t understand and don’t know what I should do.”

When I tell my story to others, I am asked what the designers name is from Lowe’s that desinged our cabinets. I tell them that his name is Russ and I get and oh “I have heard his name and this isn’t the first time he has screwed up.” This was heard from three people. One of these three people works fro KraftMaid. Other’s just say that Newton NJ Lowe’s screws up on cabinets all the time.

They have no back up plan for when they screw and believe that it is never them.

I had purchased a Husqvarna Chain saw Serial#577255810 at store# 2713 (now closed) on August 25/2011. I originally purchased it in the event of trees falling from hurricane Irene. There was no damage to my property, thus it sat on a shelf in my garage. This spring, I attempted to use it only to find that it didn’t work (would start but would die out after a few minutes). I attempted to return it to the store of purchase (Lowes of Manchester) but the store had subsequently closed. I went to the Hookset store and it was also closed. I finally found a store open in New Hampshire (Lowes in Bedford) on March 23, 2012 but they would not except a return due to the period of time that had transpired. They did offer to send it out for service assuming it was under warrantee and I released it to them. They contacted me 2 weeks later and informed me there would be a $187 charge to fix it and that I “had tampered” with it (remember, this is a brand new chain saw). I declined the repair and asked for the customer complaint department. After 2 weeks of discussions back and forth, I received a call from Gail today stating that not only would they not replace or repair my chain saw, but it would cost me $55 to get it back (!). I informed Gail I am extremely upset to be treated so poorly by such a large retail operation, and would inform my friends, family, and employees of this unacceptable customer neglect. She was polite but dismissive felt completely abandoned.

I had purchased a Husqvarna Chain saw Serial#577255810 at store# 2713 (now closed) on August 25/2011. I originally purchased it in the event of trees falling from hurricane Irene. There was no damage to my property, thus it sat on a shelf in my garage. This spring, I attempted to use it only to find that it didn’t work (would start but would die out after a few minutes). I attempted to return it to the store of purchase (Lowes of Manchester) but the store had subsequently closed. I returned it to Lowes in Bedford on March 23, 2012 but they would not except a return due to the period of time that had transpired. They did offer to send it out for service assuming it was under warantee and I released it to them. They contacted me 2 weeks later and informed me there would be a $187 charge to fix it and that I “had tampered” with it (remember, this is a brand new chain saw). I declined the repair and asked for the customer complaint department. After 2 weeks of cdiscussions back and forth, I recived a call from Gail today stating that not only would they not replace or repair my chain saw, but it would cost me $55 to get it back (!). I informed Gail I am extremely upset to be treated so poorly by such a large retail operation, and would inform my friends, family, and employees of this unexceptable customer neglect. She was polite but dismissive felt completely abandoned.

In March of 2011 we purchased 2 Larson storm doors for or lanai in or winter home in FL. We are snow birds and are only there during the months of Nov – April. The doors were special ordered due to the size. We were very happy with the doors UNTIL in rained during the first week of April. Normally, FL doesn’t get very much rain during the winter mos. Subsequently, we never had witnessed much rain while we were here. We had a very rainy weekend and we were stuffing towels at the bottom of the doors to keep the water from coming in.

I went to Lowes and talked with some one in the door department and he suggested a new “sweep”. We bought that but soon realized that didn’t help as the water was running down the handle side and coming in from underneath. I went back to Lowes and talked to the person I was told who was in charge of installations. I was told the person who installed the doors no longer does installations for Lowes. I explained my problem as was told that my “warranty “expired in March. ( we are talking a matter of days here). I told her the brochure that was given to me said “we stand behind every installation”. She said it was in my contract.

I reminded her that the Lowes logo was on that brochure that said “we stand behind every installation” It didn’t say say we stand behind every installation for a year!. She then said she would call one of their installers and have him to come out. After a 3-4 days and since I had the installers name I called the installer myself. He said he had been busy but we arranged for him to come out that afternoon. He looked at the door and said he didn’t see a problem with the door or installation. The problem was the fact that the floor of the concrete lanai was such that in order for the problem to be solved the floor under the door needed to adjusted by putting something similar to “skim coat ” under it. This would allow any water to flow right back out.

I asked him if he could do that. He said he would have to check with Lowes. I didn’t hear from him so I called him. He told me Lowes didn’t want him working on the concrete. I called the Lowes store and talked to Bob who is head of installation. Bob said that Lowe’s does not do concrete work. My original doors had THRESHOLDS which were removed to install the new storm doors. Without thresholds, water can come into my lanai. If the original installer had pointed this out as a cause for a problem, or if the original installer had pointed out to me that water would come in at the time of installation, I would at least have been aware, but to remove the thresholds and then create a problem for me that Lowe’s says is mine to repair, just doesn’t make good business sense.

After years of doing business with Lowe’s and spending thousands of dollars, I am more than just a little disappointed with Lowe’s “it’s not our problem” attitude. It is Lowe’s problem because the problem didn’t exist before new doors were installed. We live in Golf Lakes a mobile home park with 780 units a mile from Lowe’s in Bradenton, FL. Trust me, we do share information in this park about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Home Depot is just blocks down the street from Lowe’s and will become my new favorite place to shop without some resolution to this problem. The store is Lowe’s #1813 in Bradenton, FL. The installation manager is Bob Reeve. We talked to Shannon at this store and the installer originally was a window and door specialist D’Ambrosio and more recently Brandon Risk assessed our problem.

I called the Lowe’s store in Conroe, Texas about the largest BTU window air conditioner that is 110 volts. Through the automated phone service I was connected to the appliance department where NO one answered the phone for over 20 rings. I hung up, called back and and got an operator who was unable to answer my question because the informationis not on your computer, so she went looking for a person who could. After 17:22 minutes of music, I hung up and called back.

I was able to convince the person to walk over to the air conditioners and actually look at the box and tell me what the BTU size and voltage of the largest window unit in stock. Now, if you reply you are going to give me some cock and bull story about how customer service is always a priority and how you regret the terrible service I got and so on and so forth. But the absolute terrible thing is that your company will do nothing about it.

You will offer no training to your people on efficiency, you will not alter your computers to add the information and you will not install a human to answer the phones in a timely manner. So, by logic, your store and business is NOT about customer service at all, now is it?

I am disabled and on a fixed income. In November I bought a Whoorlpool Cabrio washer that with washer and extended warranty was over $700.00. I normally wait, as most of us do, to do laundry on a specific date. I usually have 10 to 11 loads at that time. I put the sheets in to wash and they would not spin out. I tried everything.

Now I have plates in my back and so does my wife so bending over and dealing with ringing wet clothes is not something we do if we can avoid it. She finally got them hand rung out enough to go in the dryer… We thought that maybe they had just been unballanced or something. The machine is about 5 months old.

Next morning I put on another load and again no matter what the load would not spin. This was Monday 4-16-2012. I called the service number at 12:30 according to thier notes. They said they could not get anyone out sooner than Wednesday or Thursday.

I told them it was urgent as the wet white towels would mildew and we did not feel we could deal with them to hand ring them like we did the sheets.We made the appointment for Wednesday and they stressed that we had to be available from 8 to 5 for the repair man. At 5:15 on Wednesday I called them back upset that no repair man showed and same customer service man said, I can’t call Service Tech to find out why they did not come because they close at 4.

He said we would have to make another appointment and that there wasn’t one available to Friday. I asked to speak to a supervisor and got the same story. They basiclly cold me it was my problem and they could not do anything about it. He said he would set me up for another appointment for Friday. So I hoped that maybe as the Service did not get to me Wednesday they would show up Thursday or call and I would be able to call back and cancel the friday. I waited all Thursday.

Nothing. Friday at 12:08 I called to find out when they would come. They told me I did not have a Friday appointment but that my complaint had been turned over to a suppervisor and that she could not schedule me for an appointment till Monday but with a diffrent company. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold several times, the call lasted over half an hour and I did not get to speak with anyone but the customer service clerk.

Two weeks ago I purchased a Maytag Washer from Lowe’s. When the delivery men were unloading the washer from the truck The one guy leaned the washer back and water ran out. I wish I’d have told him not to bring it in my house and just take it back. That was a sure sign to me that it was previously used. but I let them set it up in my washroom anyway.

What a mistake that was. the first load I did went fine, after that, not so fine. apparently It was broke when they delivered it. and I think they knew it. I did not use it and had to go to the laundromat. Last tuesday morning before going to work I went back to lowe’s right to appliances and the same salesman waited on me. I did an exchange for the maytag for a frigadare front load washer. which he said would be delivered this coming tuesday and they would pick up the maytag. the delivery date would have been tuesday march 27th.

On thursday the 22nd I called Lowe’s and ask if it could be delivered on the 24th of march instead. The man that answered the phone said he would have to call me back in a couple minutes. An hour later I called lowe’s again to see why he didn’t call me back. another guy told me that I was first on delivery on Saturday Morning.

so this morning at 7:50am they called and said they would be here shortly. I questioned the guy about the washer coming with a pedistal and said about the one they would be picking up. he said he had no idea waht I was talking about. he said there was no pedistal and he knew nothing about picking up another one.

I told him you better find out what’s going on before you get here because if you show up without my pedestal to the washer that I paid for you with be picking up the maytag and I will go elsewhere and buy a washer. he said I will call you right back. 20 minutes go by and I called the store to see what was going on. By this time I am so pissed off. this guy tells me he got it straighten out.

He’s said he’s talking to the delivery guy right now and he ask him what time he was bring it, and the whole time I can hear their conversation and it wasn’t very nice. Then the guy tells me he said at around 11:45am. What the hell happened to first thing in the morning. I tell you one thing right now. this dam washer better be right. Iv’e never had this much trouble getting an appliance before. If this is the way Lowe’s treats their customers you can be sure that I will never buy anything there again.

I pisses me off that I spent $40 dollars at the laundromat this past 10 days when If I would have got a washer that worked the first time, I would have been doing my wash at home. Very disappointed with Lowe’s at this point.

We went to the lowes on Okeechobee Blvd, in West Palm Beach Fl this afternoon Store # 1962. Upon arriving we asked customer service fo help as we wanteed to buy an elctric tankless waterheater but had wuestions we were told they would have a sales person meet us in that depts we waited for 20 minutes and noone came. So we bought our water heater at home depot. While at your store we ordered wood fencing and posts to be delivered and charged $79.00 for delivery we live less than 3 miles away!

When we went to the garden center a gentlemen wrote up the item #’s for the post and the fencing and we asked about a post digger he said inside the store in isle # 27 we could not find the item when we asked another person inside the store she said go to the garden center. Again we bought the post digger at home depot!I would have preferred to buy all that we needed at one store but your employees made that impossible.

I purchased kitchen and dining room floor tile from Lowes and contracted with them for the installation. The tile was laid the wrong way and laid unevenly. I told them I wanted it taken out and reinstalled correctly. They refused to tear out the tile but said they would take out the uneven tiles and replace them. As they tore out the bad tiles they chipped the adjoining tiles. It has been over three months and the job is still not done, I have half my floor missing.

The backer board is damaged and broken down to the sub floor. There are more bad tiles that should still be torn out. I have no time of completion. I called the manager and asked for a refund. He said they are not in the business of doing free work and that I am not a professional floor installer so I don’t know what I’m talking about. This job cost me over $5000.00. So much for the Lowes guarantee. I will never use Lowes for anything else again.

This is becoming the “Biggest Customer Service Improvement” in ALL stores these days. “Do you need help”. The problem is…it’s the biggest time wasting PR that has NOTHING to do with Customer Service. I needed to quickly pick up a couple sheets of sand paper at Lowe’s the other day. I knew exactly where it was and how to get there. I was stopped no less then 5 times by employees asking me if I needed help. I don’t have time to waste like these employees do. And then when I got to where the sand paper was I asked the person who worked in that department if they had any 200 grit or higher paper (none were on the shelves).

The IDIOT proceeded to hand me 180 grit. Seems that 3rd grade math is NOT a requirement to work at Lowe’s. And it’s NOT just Lowe’s. Home Depot, Sears…They all think they are fooling the public by forcing their employees to “Ask if you need help” so it SEEMS like they are concerned about service. But for anyone with an IQ over 90….it’s so obvious that Service hasn’t increased..in fact it’s DECREASED. Asking if you need help is not the same as actually providing the help. And asking people who Don’t need help is just making their visit to the store extremely inconvenient. So much so I now DRED going to Lowe’s or Home Depot.

And I know many many people who feel the same as I do. The IDIOT who thought of forcing their employees to Ask everyone customer they see if they need help should be fired for just plain stupidity.

On the Wednesday before Black Friday, my husband who is a Lowe’s credit card holder and I went to the Lowe’s store in North Little Rock, Arkansas for the purpose of buying a front loading washer and dryer. The sales’ representative was Joe Montgomery. He told us that if we waited until Black Friday we could get 18 months interest free. Needless to say we came back on Black Friday. We ordered our washer and dryer. We were told that it would be delivered Dec. 5. We gave away our washer and dryer Saturday, Dec. 3. We called and went by Lowe’s today and our washer and dryer are not in the system.

Human error is understandable, but when my husband spoke with the manager she exhibited a less than helpful attitude. I am a public servant, and all I ask is that customer care be foremost in the minds of those who too count on the public for their livlihood. All we want is what we ordered and at the price at which it was ordered.

I worked with the “kitchen designer” to assist me with my new, dream kitchen. I had a rough, sketch and I worked with the Lowe’s employee to select the appropriate cabinetry. The next night I went back to the store, which is in Littleton, NH and about an hour from my house, to finalize the design. I told the “designer” that I wanted to add an end piece of cabinetry to the design, to not only complete my design but to take advantage of some sales incentives being offered at the time. The little drawing that is produced from these design layout sessions is poor and difficult to read. So I had to rely on the “expertise” of the Lowe’s staff.

Now, I also purchased an oven, cooktop, refrigerator and exhaust unit as well from the store! About one month from placing this order, my cabinetry finally arrived from the KraftMaid factory. I worked with my contracor to put the cabinetry. My design included a kitchen island and after putting the cabinets together, I was ready to put the cooktop in and the oven. When I placed the 30″ cooktop in the 30″ base cabinet, the cooktop did not fit. I contacted KraftMaid and was told this should have been a 33″ base, not the 30″ that the Lowe’s “designer” spec’d in.

This was on the eve of when my countertop, which I also purchased from Lowe’s, was to templated, manufactured and then installed. This screw up by Lowe’s has delayed my kitchen installation. When I contacted the “designer” at Lowes’, she was unapolegetic for her mistakes and tried to “justify” her mistakes. The ass’t manager I spoke with just booted the problem to his underling..the person who screwed up! The KraftMaid rep was of no help either. Meanwhile, I have not been able to eat at home. I am the one incurring all the expense and Lowes staff just wants to ignore me.

I understand mistakes but this arrogant attitude is too much!!

Lowes in Kailua,Kona Hawaii,had a sign saying they were hiring. I called the store and asked to speak to the Human Resource person. After trying to call 3 times, person was either not available or in an orientation meeting. I left my name and phone no. A message came on m email saying that I was not selected. I just wanted to try and get to be interviewed so that I could give a better history of myself and I would be able to give both character and job references. My previous employment does not show my full capabilities and I wanted a chance for an interview,which I feel that I can present my qualifications.

After leaving my phone no.and not getting a call back.I called back and spoke to Christine?,I explained to her about my applying online and was trying to find out the reason for being denied or whatever reason that I was not being considered, she took down my name and number and said she would go online,check on my application and call me right back!. This was in the morning,Friday Nov. 11,2011. Its Monday Nov.14 and no phone call yet. I have applied at Lowes once before and was not given an interview. I shop there often, and have dealt with people who were not as qualified as I am and the knowledge,that I have.

I’ve been in construction for over 25 years and have worked with many different contractors over the years. I’m a very good handyman and have never hired a plumber to do any work at my house. I worked as a general laborer in the Laborers Union, for 13 year,and 12years as a journeyman mason. I have done work in ceramic tile,painting,drywall,some basic carpentry, I am able to install ceiling fans, electrical wall plugs,but no major electrical work. I am applying for a stocking position, and have driven and operated all types of forklifts,including, Gradall. I am 59 years old,in excellent condition,don’t smoke, don’t drink, and will pass any drug test. I am writing this letter, just to try and get a fair shot at this position.

I live next door to a old couple that received a 101366-2200 psi power washer for christmas in dec-2010- that opent it up(new) for the first time last month to wash there house down. after reading all the directions and setiing up the unit they starte to use it(note it does work great)well the hose got caught under the base and the muffler and burn a small hole in it(NOTE THE MUFFLER HAS A PRTECTIVE GUARD ALL THE WAY AROUND EXCEPT FOR THR BOTTOM )-SO the wife of this couple(note:she is 72)-went back to the lowes in port huron michigan and told the manager about he stated that was there problem and charged her thrity dollars for the hose and walked away…i feel this is very POOR SERVIC.

I was surprise over all because i have shop there for years and never had a problem at all–and for a 30.oo dollar item and a 72 years old person i feel this manager could of taken a better approch to this matter.

Our service men go off and protect our country and Lowes will give some a discount and some not. MVA will put a blue V on your license for a 30.00 charge no less but Lowes will not honor this as a Military discount. You have to jump through hoops to get this V put on your license and the goverment collect this money but it’s not good enough for Lowes. They have conditions on what kind of Military discount they will give. Who ever went and served our country didn’t give us any conditions when they put their life on the line for us. If Lowes doesn’t want to give a Military discount fine but don’t ever tell this country who is worthy and who isn’t when you are Honorably Discharged!!!! Shame on Lowes!!!!!

Just wondering…Why is Lowe’s allowing a contractor to use Sherwin Williams paint to paint the outside of the store in Beaumont, Texas? How can they expect their customers to have confidence in the Valspar brand when they don’t use it on their own building? How can they expect their employees to sell Valspar when the customers of that store are walking by buckets and buckets of paint marked Sherwin Williams? What a slap in the face for the folks in the paint department. I have no complaints about Valspar paint or the wonderful folks in the paint department of that store.

It just seems very strange that Lowe’s doesn’t have some sort of clause in their contracts with companies that do work on their buildings to use Lowe’s products when possible. Also, why does the Lowe’s website not have a place for customers to actually make complaints? Scared are they? Not really into customer service perhaps? What?

I purchased a refrigerator from one of your stores (#0482) back on 24 Oct 2009. I also purchased a 4 year extended warranty within. Back on the 14th of June 2011, the ice maker quite. I called the extended warranty number a filed a clime. As of this date the problem is still not repaired. I have records where I have contacted the warranty people and your executive support office. I was set up with an appointment date and time for them to out to repair the unit. When they contacted me to confirm the appoint, I was told that they could not come out then. This was because the appointment was set up VIA their web page and it was not current. I was told that it would have to be sometime the next week.

I call the warranty people back and provided them with this information. I requested another company to service my unit. I was never contacted by this company. Si I called them back and this time they gave Jim Whxxxxxx repair service, who I know of. This company contacted me, but took some time to come out to look at the unit. I was informed that on the 8th of July 2011 the parts were placed on order. I then was informed Mr. Whxxxxxx had received the parts on 13 July 2011. For over a week we talked his office asking when they would come out to replace the parts. We were told several times they would be there, but they never showed up. I contacted your executive support office and asked for their help. After I provided them with all of the information I had, I was told that they would get back with me using the corporate email address Exec.CustService@Lowes.com​.

I waited until around 2pm on the 29th of July 2011 and tried to contact them back. But the phone number of 1-866-900-4750 is NOT a number for your executive support office, it belongs to another company. I found another number and called. I have since gotten rid of the refrigerator and bought another new one. In short sir I find that both your warrant service and your Executive support office are lacking in any support of good customer service!

good morning, i do not think this will do any good, but i will give it a shot! yesterday July 27th i went to lowes in meridian ms. i pulled myself and 2 employees off the job to go and get much needed tools for our profession. spent about and hour gathering items and looking at possible thing we wanted to do later like build a tool room with stainless steel cabinets. after picking out about $2000.00 worth of tools we proceeded to the check out counter. i told the lady before she started that this will be a tax exempt transaction since i have a government credit card.

she told me the transaction that i ask for could not be done due to the credit card computer for discounts and tax exempt was down. i was to say the least MAD. the next morning i called Tony, one of the store managers, and explained what had happened. he told me this system goes down all the time. you would think, since this is not the first time this has happened to me and others, this problem would be fixed. just plain bad business. the government spends alot of money at lowes in meridian ms, WHEN THEY CAN!

i would not be afraid to tell you, my next transaction if this happens again will not be at your store but instead Marvins. i plan to tell all my associates to do the same!!!

On Feb 14 2011 I purchase a stove, microwave and dishwasher. I also purchased an extended warranty for all of the appliances. In June we realized that the oven temp was lower than what the panel is reading. My husband called for service. On June 29th, Jerry from Fix-it-Now came to the house and told my husband that our new stove/oven needed a new mother board. He said it would be about 10 to 14 days before he would receive the part. The week of July 18-22 my husband called Lowes service SEVERAL times trying to find out when our oven would be fixed. He was finally PROMISED on the 22nd that a supervisor would call him on Monday the 25th.

We did not receive a call from a supervisor. I called Lowes repair AGAIN on Tuesday and spoke to a supervisor, Stephanie and she promised to call Jerry and get an update on the part. Today is the 27th and we still have not heard from ANYONE!!!!!!!

I was at the Bartow lowes, in florida yesterday. What a nice & friendly store. A employee named sue in hardware was so nice to me. She helped me with nails I needed for my roof but also help me with a drill i needed & the bits i would need. What a great help she was to me. Its nice to have a woman to help in these departments she did a great job. I will be back to see her for help, she even took me to flooring to get wood floor cleaner. I have never been treated so nice in a lowes store before. What a keeper she is. And thank you sue and Bartow LOWES, in Florida again. I will be back.

This moron who is tired of customers complaining about Lowe’s hasn’t acquired enough life experience to know that stores are supposed be fast with their customer service to show the customer that they appreciate an individual doing business with them. Anybody stupid enough to wait in a doctor’s office longer than 15 minutes deserves what they get. ROBBED. We as consumers accept, far to easily, that being treated like we are nobody by a corporation is just the way it is. Open your mouths and SHOUT your dissatisfaction. Don’t use the store anymore. Spend your money where you get what you want when you want it. Wake up people and start standing up for yourselves.

It has been 11 days and I still can get no answers as to if they can find someone to fix my washer I have been told 4 different times someone will call me and have had no one call me I had on person laugh at the problem and a manager named Cory emp # 156079 told me they will deal with it on their time as it is costing me about 150 dollars a week to get my families cloths done with no concern from lowes as to the service I paid for and they are not honoring in anyways…

Called Lowes’s for service of the new washer, ok, will contact you in two days. Lowe’s calls, they have found someone to service the washer, they will call in the next few days. After a week and no calls we contacted Lowe’s again. We request that they find another service to come out, they kept my mother’s tv for 3 months and the whole deal was unsatisfactory. Someone will contact us in two days and they will find another service place. Lowe’s calls, guess what, they have talked and they will contact us in the next few days.??????

Oh they are the only ones in our area who can service the product. Well we drove to buy your product, you had no problem taking our money and now you can’t service a brand new built in washer??? What is wrong here???

I purchase a refrigerator at the Lowes on military highway on April 22, 2011. The delivery was schedule for APRIL 26,2011. The warehouse manager call my wife and said that the refrigerator was damaged it had to dents on the side and did she want him to deliver it and she said yes and the warehouse say they will give you something off it because its damage. When I get home I go the store and talk to the manager and the manager say can not give you nothing off because we will send it back to the manufacturer and get another one. I said ok and the lady say we have to schedule to pick up that damage one and bring you another one.

The pick up was to b for April 27, 2011 and to deliver the new one on APRIL 28, 2011. Later that night the deliver people call and said they would be to the house at 7:00 am to pick up the damage one and bring out the new one the same time. On April 27,2011 they came to p[ick up the old one but didnot bring the new one.On april 28, 2011 they came to deliver the new one and one of the wheels was missing off. My wife ask themm to bring it back later and they know they waold have to do it the next day. My wife has stay home for 3days and still no refrigerator we only live 5 minutes from the store and they could not do that .

This was there fought not ours. So I had to take off work April 29, 200 to be home just to put a wheel on. Thats ridiculous. I should be given something for that you know. Thats bad business when its your fought you should try to correct it as soon as possible. Thoma Coffey

I work at lowe’s, and I have a problem with people complaining about lowe’s home improvement. Employees get sick, quit, get fired, take days off…but you need to get over it. Sometimes in life you are just going to have to wait. When you go to a Dr’s appointment t and wait for 45 minutes, do you demand to speak to the chief of staff and demand they hire more doctors? I doubt it. Why should it be any different at a place like lowes? Other than that, if you’re really concerned they don’t have enough help, fill out an application and pitch in. People who are spoiled who obviously know everything could teach them a lot about how to run a business they have been running successfully for years. So shut up or help out. Sincerely, a lowe’s employee tired of customer complaints.

I signed a contract w/Lowe’s to redo my kitchen cabinets, I chose Kraftmaid Cabinets Top of the line. I requested a Light Oak Cabinet finish. I paid in advance to get order started. Received the cabinets finally at Lowe’s 4wks. later. Upon opening the boxes W/ builder we found the cabinets a light oak, BUT the doors were a multiple of colors! When the second round of doors came in, the cabinet doors were 6″ to high! I finally took delivery of the correct doors from Lowe’s and the colors are still a little off, but at this point I’m already done with this company. I will never recommend Kraftmaid’s product to anyone! I feel like I wasted my money and my time!!

Have feedback for Lowes?