Home Depot

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Home Depot

Posted by MaryAnn Lervik on Jan 14, 2015
Customer Rating

A new dryer was purchased for my rental property from Morgan Hill CA, Home Depot. The Dryer kept blowing a fuse in the unit, making it not operable. I paid an Electrician $125 to check my electrical. He assured me that there was no problems with my electrical wiring in the house, I called GE Service Department to have the fuse replaced. There were no fuses in stock throughout the whole state of California. I had to pay $88 to have two new fuses rushed in as replacements. Another fuse blew, as soon as the dryer was turned on. At this point I was so mad and discussed,! This dryer was under a warranty, but no one could fix the problem, or willing to replace it. I contacted Home Depot and demanded a different brand of Dryer. A Maytag was delivered to replace the GE. The Maytag Home Depot refused to pick up the GE dryer from my house. It has now been a month since the Maytag was delivered, of course this dryer is working fantastic! No, problem with it at all! Another month has passed and Home Depot is refusing to come and collect the GE Dryer, and they have informed me they will not give me a refund until the GE dryer is returned. What kind of a company is this anyway! Charge me for two dryers, making me pay for additional costs to trouble shoot the problem, purchase fuses, and not make things right! A company of this size should have there act together! I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot again!!! I recommend everyone to shop somewhere else!!!

11 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Home Depot provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Home Depot?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.98 out of 5
1.98 out of 5 Stars
53 Consumer Reviews

Home Depot
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Home Depot. What is their corporate mailing address?

2455 Paces Ferry Rd. Nw
Atlanta, GA 30339

I want to call the Home Depot customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1-800-430-3376

I need to visit the Home Depot company website. What is their website address?

More Home Depot Complaints

Customer Rating

Hi, I hope I have enough space, because this is a long story. I ordered on line ( dec28,2014) a stove #Model JB250DFWW, for a rental I have, the renters glass top stove had a crack on it, they delivered the 31 of December, Xmas eve, they took the old one, and installed the new one, and after tryng it, there was electrical problem, so they called the Office and told the delivering men to take the new one back to the store and re-install the old one. We had a big argument with the customer support team, so we cancel that stove. got our money back as soon as they could send it, after we complained and complained. Now we went directly to the store #4614 the 4th January to order one in person, (mean while we had to deduct the rent to our renters because we thought it was a danger to cook in the broken glass top stove, so they had to order food ) okay we liked a stove and the sellesman told us that the one next to the one we were looking at , was less expensif and right for a rental, we agreed with him, the stove looked real nice, the add on top of the stove said it was $ 349 , so we deceided to get it, he went and did all the paper work , we paid for it , and told the renter they were going to deliver it the 1/7/15, she was happy. They delivered the stove on that day and installed it. the renter did not know what kind of stove we bought. so after they left, my renter had an emergency call and had to leave for new York, she came back on the 1/16/15 and gave me a call, asking if I knew the stove had only one big burner and 3 small one. I did not think it was right, so I went back to the store next day, and asked a sellperson in that dept. about the order, I showed her the one I ordered and after she checked on the computer, she says, they delivered the wrong one. What happen is that they had the wrong add on top of the stove and the number was wrong, the number was for another one (the one they delivered) we had to call one the manager and he did took care of every thing, so now I have to wait to see if they will deliver the right one model # RB526DHWW- store SO SKU # 1000050834, meanwhile I had to pay for this one, and wont get my money back for the other one till they take it back to the store. This is a real mess and somebody is not doing their job. Since Xmas I am having night mares about stoves... The last person who really knew what was going on , was very smart and knew the problem right away, she printed all the paper work so my rental can see wich stove we bought, her name is Ms. Martha Lambert, she needed the help of her supervisor Mr. Raffael Santana and he was a super first class supervisor he did everything he could to make things right for me. They have to be aknowledge for thei work to help and please a customer. So now I am going to have more night mares till the new stove get delivered the 1/22/15. and then wait till I get my money back. So now Is my question ? why I had to go through all this hard time just to buy a stove from Home Depot.??? Do I have to write to B.B.C. to complain ? are you going to get in touch with me to discuss all this mess ? what is going to happen ? do I have to write to Mr. Craig Menear to let him know whats going on with his Home Depot ? Please let me know...

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I traveled approx 35 rt miles to pick up a replacement unit coming from Nogales Az Home depot via a manager from that store, dropped off at the Irvington store in Tucson, Az. The box was open, so I asked them to check the heater top. It was used and they said just take it home and see if it worked. They refused to return my money so I could get a heater. I am diabetic and spent the night in the cold due to your employees non caring attitude. I am finding this is a big issue with home depot. I have been on hold with the dyna glo company to see if they will do what you refused to do. My next step is to go to ripoffreport.com and file and the social sites. I am disabled and this is just wrong. I am giving you a chance to make it right.
My phone number is 520-551-3282.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Your computer system that talks to your card holders tells the customer one thing and when I called the service dept and talked to a service rep I was told something different and he also give me the impression that he didn;t really care if I shop at Home Depot or not. .As of right now I believe that I will pay off my balance of $130.25 and then make my purchases elsewhere.
Don Wickerham

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Purchased 8/15/12 Home Depot CS CO $1698 incl HD ext war. Within 2 mo's of purchase started having problems with cooling & icemaker. Please note this unit is not overused (1individual gone 6 mo's yr) or abused (no minors). Contacted store w/concern told to call Maytag warranty. Purchaser left for winter residence 12/12 - returned 6/13. Immediate problems. $1100 compressor & condenser need plus new icemaker. Alarmed by such extensive expensive problems to brand new fridge went back to store to ask for new fridge. Told nothing could be done until Maytag warranty over. Both Kevin HD appl sales & Mike Leonard mgr (both wonderful guys) stated knowing the troubles w/both Maytag warranty & the fridge stated "e are so much better once HD warranty kicks in 1 problem & we will switch it out for a new fridge". NOTHING could be farther from the truth.

We are now 1/2 yrs into the HD warranty. Over $2200 worth of parts & labor -literally everything has been replaced but the box it came in & it's still not working. Dealing with BOTH Maytag & Home Depot warranty companies are time consuming & labor intensive. Terrible frustrating maddening hair pulling blood boiling customer service. There is no need to provoke decent hardworking good paying customers to rage over such awful dissatisfaction. The worst game of pass the buck kick the can down the road circle jerk ever encountered. You should all be ashamed. Both warranty companies claim the service repair company will assess the need for a new fridge.

The service repair company denies that saying they are only authorized to make repairs. Met w/Greg HD store mgr 1/24/15 & 1/26/15 - expressed outrage & gave him an 8 1/2 page documentated report of repairs with receipts stating unequivoacably a new fridge was needed. No more repairs. (A Heather in HD warranty in ARK on 1/19/15 stated an "accelerated claim for buyout would be started - something later found not to be true - along with dozens of other false promises) Greg agreed. He promised to "look into it & get back to us. Instead almost within days the repair service co called to schedule more repairs. Once again we were being ignored. In phone calls to HD warranty/Greg/ & repair co they now all had the AUDACITY to state "well we are now dealing with an OLDER fridge." UNBELIEVEABLE. Also HD is saying we should deal with Maytag for replacement & Maytag is saying we need to deal with HD.

COME ON. I'm begging anyone at either or both companies with an ounce of sanity decency & that still values excellent customer service to reach me at 719-428-9890 for a resolution. In this case the customer is right. Very mad but right.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

On March 22, at 9:30 am I went to our local Home Depot at Cedartown GA. I was shopping for 15 bundles of roof shingles for my new garage that was being constructed. When I entered the building “Yavonne ” was the cashier. I told her that I would be needing some help loading the shingles. She told me she would get someone. After waiting several minutes and still no help I loaded the cart by myself. ( I am 68 years old). I went to the front checkout where “Yavonne” was still there. She said she couldn’t find anyone, but she would find someone to help me load my truck. After waiting again for several minutes and still no help I started to load my truck with the shingles by myself. When I was almost done a girl came out and told me that she would help me. The shingles weighed more than she did.. During this whole process I did not see any associates at all. With service like this I think that it is time I start doing my shopping at Lowes. thank you.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Daniel Grippe on 03/22/2014 at IP address 70.193.132.33 using our Home Depot, Cedartown, GA. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Home Depot, Cedartown, GA. customer review titled, “No associate assistance” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi. Was in store 1335 N 205th st seattle ZIP 98133 time 7:30am. 02/23/15. Noticed a large black dog with NO leash NO collar (lawsuit waighting too happen) . The staff did not seem to mind .They appeared to know the owner they called him by first name he was waighting for a coustom order. Cheque this stores cctv you will see. I love dogs .This guy would have on control if dog was spooked by kids or other dogs ....ECT... LAWSUIT !!!! . John......

Customer Rating

I just stopped by my local Home Depot on the way back to the shop to pick up a few items. I had thing that I needed and on the way out I went through the tool /hardware section. They had some Ryobi sale items in the main isle that interested me. We had just purchased a the Ryobi Lithium drill set a week earlier so I was curious about what other items they might have on sale. So I walked down to the power tool isle where all the other Ryobi tools were displayed. I did not stay long. The constant alarm ringing in this section was a major distraction to my concentration to the products. I thought it was crazy to treat regular customers like common thieves by asserting their right to video and have the loud beeping indicator to let you know they were videoing. I spoke to the sales guy working in that department and he stated that they had to by law notify us they were recording. I said OK. I am notifying you that I will not be treated like a common thief and I will no longer be shopping at Home Depot. I liked it better when they had the tool corral. In the old days they had enough employees to be in the department at all times and monitor the area. I wonder why there is not beeping all over the store since they are monitoring us with all the other camera they have.

Any if I was Ryobi I would pull my inventory or maybe pay a little more for a better spot that is away from this distraction. I have had it with Home Depot but love Ryobi. Where to go now. No I won't shop on line with them either.

Customer Rating

Purchased a refrigerator December9, 2014. Began having problems with the water filter within a few days was a loud annoying noise. Called after the Christmas holidays lodged a complaint. Was informed by Home Depot it was the manufacturers problem to fix during the first year of service. Home Depot provided a number of a shop that fixes G.E. appliances in my area. They set up the first service call by 1/23/2015. The technician was a 25 year veteran worked on the refrigerator but could not resolve the problem had to return the following week January 27, 2015 for another try at repairing the noise. This time he stated he needed to order parts and did so. He returned on February 6, 2015 to install parts but was made aware by my wife before he left that the noise continued. Have been in touch with G.E.'s twice since then but we were told a chief engineer must come out and make a determination. We were never informed of when this would take place and for the most part have been put on hold all the while we are paying over $1200.00 for this appliance. We seek that they take the refrigerator back and credit our account.

Customer Rating

Extremely bad costumer service (1160 Sherman way location). Jose G. Who was supposedly helping me for renting an equipment was very rude for no reason, didn't help out with the carry out at all, and when I retured the equipment 1:23 min late instead of him charging me hourly he charged me for an extra day, even though the invoice he gave me gives an hourly payment rate of 16.71 instead he charged me $65.00 more, replaying that it is the policy of Home Depot! Will not use their services anymore.

Good day,

I am contacting you in hopes of resolving an issue which came about by trusting the advice of one of your associates to provide the right product for the right job.

My wife, myself and a friend of ours were to install clay tile on a pitched roof of our garage. My wife and I went to the local Home Depot in Signal Hill, CA. at Spring Street and Atlantic. We were directed to the area of the store which has roofing supplies. We spoke to an associate in that area and asked if he could reccommend what underlayment type paper to use to install clay tile on a pitched roof. He said that he didn't have knowledge of that, but that he could get the indivdual that is knowledgable in roofing. Just as we finished this conversation, the individual that he was going to contact showed up. We relayed our inquiry to him regarding the proper underlayment to use for installing clay tile on a pitched roof. He walked over to section of rolled paper and informed us that this is what we needed to purchase for the job. He then asked how many square feet of roof, and based on our answer told us that we needed two rolls. We purchased the 2 rolls of GAF TRIPLY #75 BASE SHEET that he suggested. Our friend installed the clay tile roof after laying down the TRIPLY. All appeared to be well.

At this same home, we had a contractor doing some more extensive work at our home. While he was on the jobsite he noted some rot on roof plywood planking over the porch. We had him include that in his bid. He removed the clay tile and the damaged plywood planking. He replaced the plywood planking. We informed him that we had leftover under layment from installing the garage roof. We brought it to him and he took one look at it and said, this is not the right paper to install for this type of roof. He told us that the TRIPLY #75 BASE SHEET is only used for hot mopped flat roofs, and not to be used under clay tile roofs. My wife immediately went over to the Home Depot to speak to the supervisor on duty. Her name is Letty. My wife explained our dilema. Letty went to her computer, went on the web and pulled out the information sheet TRIPLY Design and Application Instructions. She read through the information and informed my wife that this product can very well be used for application of clay tile on a pitched roof. My wife brought the information home and I reviewed it when I returned from work. After reviewing the information sheet for this product it clearly states that it is not for pitched roof application. It is a product used for a flat roof much like my contractor indicated.

The following day my wife went back to Home Depot. Letty was not on duty. She spoke to another supervisor that was on duty, his name is Alex. My wife again explained our situation, adding the newly acquirred information I had read from the information sheet for this product. At that moment the associate that had suggested the TRIPLY arrived at the customer service desk. He immediately spoke up. His memory was clear about our visit and about the job we told him we were going to perform, but he said he did not remember giving us any paper. My wife asked him; you remember our visit, our questions to you about the product to use for this type of roof but you don't remember providing us the paper? Other customers who were standing at the desk and Alex looked at him in disbelief. My wife then asked Alex if someone from Home Depot could come out and evaluate the cost of a corrective repair. He said Home Depot would noy do that. He said all that he could authorize is to return the money for the TRIPLY paper which was purchased. My wife was very dissatisfied with his offer and asked for the corporate contact number. He told her it was on the receipt.

My wife contacted Cindy at 1 800 654-0688 ext.76526. She was given a case number of 51625944. She said she would investigate. The same day Letty, the first supervisor my wife confronted about our situation, called my wife and offered $200 plus the cost of the material we bought for the inconveinence. My wife informed her that the lowest bid we had to replace the paper on the roof was $1,650. My wife asked her to send someone out from Home Depot to replace the paper for that cost. Letty said that would be impossible. My wife then called Cindy at corporate customer service to update her on the conversation she had with Letty. A few days later we received a letter of intent to provide us with a gift card of $250 to compensate us for our troubles. I have attached the letter with this email.

What I am asking for, is more reasonable compensation for the troubles your associate has caused us. If he hadn't been presented to us by the first associate we spoke to as being the technical person to speak to regarding roofing material; I wouldn't have put as much faith as I did in his decision to provide us that paper. Please review the trouble your employee has caused us, and provide a equitable compensation.

Thank you for your time in reviewing this matter

William

williamstapleton38@yahoo.com

Customer Rating

11/7/12 10 AM, ordered online an electric fireplace order #177770706, same day 4.30 PM called to cancel order. @ 1 800 430-3376, Meadra stated I will get cancellation # within 30 minutes via email. 11/8- 9am TALKED TO mARY RE NO EMAIL WITH CANCEL #, SHE SAID IT WOULD TAKE 48 HRS, BUT WILL CALL FOR # AND GOT IT # 496560, WAS TOLD EMAIL TO COME VERIFYING CREDIT. 11/12/12 TALKED TO ASHLEY, ABOUT NO EMAIL VERIFYING CREDIT, SHE CALLED WAREHOUSE AND TALKED TO BOBBY AND GOT #CR52852695, WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE ON VIASA CARD WITHIN 5 DAYS. 11/27 TALKED TO CLARISSA SHE COULD GET THRU TO WHOEVER TO VERIFY CREDIT, AND SAID SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU BACK TODAY (11/27/12) 11/30 sANDY FROM SHIPPING COMPANY WANTED TO VERIFY PICK-UP OF RETURN ITEM, TOLD HER IT WAS NEVER RECEIVED, AND SHIPMENT WAS PULLED FROM DELIVERY AT WAREHOUSE. NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK ON THE 27TH. 12/4 TALKED TO NOEL, HE SAID THERE IS CONFUSION ON THE ITEM BEING SHIPPED???? IT WAS NEVER SHIPPED, NEVER RECEIVED BY ME, ORDER WAS CANCELLED 8 HOURS AFTER PLACED. IN THE MEANTIME THEY HAVE PROCESSED THE CHARGE $509.74 WITHIN 48 HOURS, AND CANNOT PROCESS CREDIT IN OVER 3 WEEKS. THIS IS NOT RIGHT, 5 PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME 5 DIFFERENT ANSWERS, AND EACH ONE SAID THE PERSON BEFORE WAS WRONG. PLEASE...PLEASE, SOMEONE TAKE CARE OF THIS
J MURRAY ROBERTSON 954-427-3739
WHEN CALLING I AM ASKED IF I WILL TAKE A SATISFACTION SURVEY AFTER THE PHONE CALL. 4 OUT OF 5 TIMES THE AUTO RETURN CALL WAS PLACED WHILE I WAS STILL ON THE PHONE, WITH ONE OF THE CLERKS????

Customer Rating

On 11/21/12 I purchased a refrigerator from the Home Depot store in Fishkill, NY. We were told that we could have it delivered by the 26th and that the item was in stock. We opted to have it delivered on December 10th. A few days later I contacted customer service for delivery and asked if it was possible to switch the delivery date to 12/1/12 and was advised yes. They changed the date. We did receive a confirmation phone call the day before and advised they would be at our home between 2-6 on that date. We sold our old refrigerator and had them remove it on the day the new one was to arrive which was 12/1/12. It was getting late so I called delivery and was assured they would be there but probably running late. They never showed. I called again but they were closed. I then called the Home Depot where I purchased the refrigerator. After two days of calls back and forth I found that there was a mix up with the customer service in delivery. I am livid. I had to throw out food as we did not have a refrigerator then had to buy a dorm size refrigerator from Lowes for the rest of my food. Our refrigerator will not be delivered until 12/10/12. I feel we should be not only compensated for my loss of food but also for the inconvenience of having to buy a dorm size refrigerator of which I will have no use for once the new one is delivered. I was going to purchased all my appliances at Home Depot since I just moved into my new home, but because of this I had second thoughts.

Customer Rating

i purchased a toro recycler lawnmower in oct.2012- i bought it early so that it would be available when i needed to use it.it started when i assembled it according to instructions. the next time i tried to start it was without success. i returned it to the home deport where it was purchased at 6708 e. mckellips rd in mesa,az. they basically told me tough luck, the store manager did not try to communicate with me,even though i waited for over an hour,and not only that they also would not direct me to a place that covers toro warranties. the mower has a three year warranty but i can't ship it back to iowa,in my opinion home depot should exchange it. but i guess they were right- tough luck- i'll remember this and alert any and all who may ask about the practices of home depot.

Customer Rating

On September 2nd I ordered a LG Washing Machine on the condition that it would deliver on September 7. The order was taken by the web and the delivery confirmed on September 6 in the afternoon – as scheduled. Approximately 7:00 PM on September 7, I was notified from the LG Home Depot Support desk that the order would not be delivered as scheduled – no reason was given. I called the LG support desk at 8:10 PM and learned that it was closed for the day.

I then contacted the HOME DEPOT support team. That was a colossal waste of time. During this call, I was told that an appointment was made for September 14. At no time was I contacted about that delivery date – frankly it is unacceptable. The customer service representative and her supervisor were unable to insure the order would deliver as scheduled and the best they could do would be to an email because LG was closed for the day.

I then cancelled the order after telling them in no uncertain terms I would no longer do business with HOME DEPOT. I want to make sure that you all fully understand the ramifications of this in action.

1 – The order was canceled. I will go to LOWES and order a similar device for about the same price. LOWES will deliver next day. So, instead of a making good on your promise to deliver, you have lost sale.

2 – I will not shop at HOME DEPOT again. The last major purchase will be paid off by the end of the month and totaled about $2K. The previous year I re-did my kitchen using the Depot program. That cost approached $20K. Since 1996 (my retirement from the army), I have been a loyal customer – generally spending a conservative average of $2.5K a year on everything from wood to plants. You have lost these sales.

3 – I am a logistics professional. I fully understand inventory, manufacturing and shipping – that is my life. To suggest that the delivery is manager by LG is purely a resource driven decision. I may be made by efficiencies, but there are hundreds of work arounds. None of which were explored ore even offered. Why pick up the phone if you can’t fix something.

4 – I will tell all of my friends and family of this transgression and urge them to not shop at HOME DEPOT

In sum, the inability to even offer any alternative options or delivery for this device and failure to understand the consequences of this failure speaks volumes for HOME DEPTOT’S inefficiency and management style. It is not my concern – nor should it be – that this decision was made by LG – they are your vendor and should not be managing you.

I you would like to chat or if you have a resolution, but given the inept customer service and inefficiencies I’ve experienced in this debacle, my guess is DEPOT will not attempt to salvage my relationship.

Customer Rating

I was making a payment on line and thought the transaction was complete but got a notice (on the web-site) that there was a problem. So I called the customer service and told them I wanted to pay the bill but I wanted to be sure it didn't get paid twice.
( I was paying off the total of over $4,700+ !!)
The lady said, "Oh, not to worry, if that happens we'll refund it no problem! So, I gave the info again and the next day I found out the payment had indeed been taken TWICE!!
So, I called customer service again. They said, "Oh yes, we see the balance was paid twice and you have a $4,700+ credit balance and we'll be happy to refund but it will take about THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!
$4,700 is a lot of money to me! I'm bouncing checks, even to the I.R.S.!! I need that money back NOW!!

Customer Rating

My husband and I were at the Bossier City, LA(#364) Home Depot on February 21, 2013. After waiting for 40 minutes to be helped we finally got a manager to come over who was anything but courteous. Due to time restraints we had no option but to continue our purchase, however we will not be shopping at this store again. We spent over $800 and were treated very rudely. We spend a lot of money at Home Depot as we are doing a complete remodel of our home.

Customer Rating

In our newly purchased house, we decided to replace the laminate countertop with Silestone countertop. We selected a design and Home Depot sent the contractor to take measurements in about 15 days. We placed the order on July 27, 2012 and paid in full around $6,200. After about a month of order placement, We received a call from the installer that they want to come for the installation on a week day no later than 3 PM. I told them that on week days no one is at home before 6 PM and requested if they can come after 6 PM on a week day or at any time of their choice on a weekend. They told me that this is not possible. Therefore, I had to take day off from my work to get the countertop installed. They came to install the countetop and found that they had made mistake in measurements of the two pieces for the sink and breakfast nook. After about a couple of weeks a person came to take the measurements for the those two pieces. After another couple of weeks later I received a call from them that the new pieces of the countertop are ready to be installed and someone should be available at home on a week day before 3 PM. Again I requested them if that can be done after 6 PM or on a weekend. The answer was the same "No". I had to take time off from work again. Finally they came to install the two new pieces at the time of their choice. This time the new pieces were of correct dimensions but they looked different in color (shade) from the rest of the pieces. Also the breakfast nook piece was not installed horizontal. It was leaning by 1/2" from outer side. When pointed this to the installers they said it is because of problem with the brackets and nothing wrong with the coutertop. The old Laminate coutertop was perfectly horizontal with the old brackets though.
When informed the salesperson at Home Depot about these issues, he assured me that they will compensate me and fix the problems. Then started a period of inspections of countertop. The Assistant Branch Manager came to see the countertop herself. She noticed the difference of color between the new and old pieces but she wasn't sure whether this was due to different lighting in different sections. We provided them the picture of the old and new pieces which were clearly showing difference. After about 5 months, today, Dec 01, 2012, I was informed by the manager that there is nothing Home Depot can do and I have to accept and live with it. So here I am after spending close to $7,000, taking two day off from work and living about 5 months with broken kitchen walls (they broke the dry walls while removing the tiles from back splash). I am wondering do I have any recourse? In this case they (Home Depot) are the party and the judge too. Is any body at the top in Home Depot who cares for customer satisfaction? I have had absolutely no complaints against Home Depot before this transaction and for any renovation project, my first stop has always been Home Depot. However, after going through all this, I feel like I have been ripped off and I will think 100 times before turning towards Home Depot.

Customer Rating

I had Bailey's Co coming to install a dishwasher and was told between 3 and 7. Called @ 6:00 and said it would be an hour, called back again @8:00 and said they had 1 more drop off and would be there. I told them I have two small kids that I need to get to bed and this was too late anyway. I told thr driver to put us first on the list for the next morning and to call me back for the confirmation, by 10:00 no call by Bailey's. I called them and explained the situiation to the manager (Sam) and said I wanted the dishwasher installed that day and he said he could not do that and it would be another week. He did not offer an apology or even act like he cared, he was too busy too deal with customer service complaints. Home Depot these are the people that are repesenting you company, you might want to look into this. If this what I can expect in the future Lowes can have my business.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Maytag front load washing machine Oct 2010. I also purchased Maytag dryer. The dryer had to be repaired soon after purchase. The washer had to be repaired within 2-3 months after purchase. I paid about 700.00 for washer. The first repair was done by A& E Service. They were horrible. They came in to diagnose it and ordered the parts. They said the parts were being delivered via UPS on a certain date. Took the day out of work no delivery. called them they said the parts were on backorder. How do you come up with a delivery date if the parts are not in stock?? The parts totaled 693.00. This went on for 5 weeks and the customer service was horrible. Finally the parts arrive. It was fixed on April 12,2011. That was covered under manufacturer warranty. So 700.00 worth of parts, my cost of 30.00 week to Laundromat for 5 weeks, plus the original price of the machine. Now the second repair was done Jan 15, 2013 $350.00 for parts. New England appliance was great to work with. I took out extended 2 year warranty. Just placed another call for yet another repair the machine is not pumping water out instead it's draining on my cellar floor. I also purchased Maytag OTR microwave with glider tray on March 12, 2011. On March 11, 2013 it has also failed and is currently not working. I'm starting to believe Home Depot bought Maytag appliances at a good deal before Whirlpool bought them out. These appliances are horrible. I'm so disappointed with the whole situation. I don't think I should have to keep renewing my warranty through Home Depot to cover these bogus appliances. I read many negative posts on complaint boards and didn't want to resort to that so I felt a direct e-mail would be better. I don't see me purchasing anything else from your store and if friends say they are looking for appliances I will just shake my head no.

Tina Palumbo

Customer Rating

I placed an order for same day store pick up. When I arrived at the store, half the order was missing and there was no record in Home Depot's system that I ever ordered anything else. I cancelled the order completely. 13 days later, the ghost order showed up. I got an email letting me know it was ready for pick up. I called the store, cancelled it again...it had not been charged to my credit card at this point. The next day I got a call from the local Home Depot that my order was ready for pick up. I again cancelled the order(3rd time). The next day, my account was charged for the amount of the order. I now have encountered a $37 overdraft fee which Home Depot refuses to pay for.

Companies Like Home Depot