Home Depot

Most Popular Complaint about Home Depot

Posted by Maria Williams on Jan 19, 2015
Customer Rating

Hi, I hope I have enough space, because this is a long story. I ordered on line ( dec28,2014) a stove #Model JB250DFWW, for a rental I have, the renters glass top stove had a crack on it, they delivered the 31 of December, Xmas eve, they took the old one, and installed the new one, and after tryng it, there was electrical problem, so they called the Office and told the delivering men to take the new one back to the store and re-install the old one. We had a big argument with the customer support team, so we cancel that stove. got our money back as soon as they could send it, after we complained and complained. Now we went directly to the store #4614 the 4th January to order one in person, (mean while we had to deduct the rent to our renters because we thought it was a danger to cook in the broken glass top stove, so they had to order food ) okay we liked a stove and the sellesman told us that the one next to the one we were looking at , was less expensif and right for a rental, we agreed with him, the stove looked real nice, the add on top of the stove said it was $ 349 , so we deceided to get it, he went and did all the paper work , we paid for it , and told the renter they were going to deliver it the 1/7/15, she was happy. They delivered the stove on that day and installed it. the renter did not know what kind of stove we bought. so after they left, my renter had an emergency call and had to leave for new York, she came back on the 1/16/15 and gave me a call, asking if I knew the stove had only one big burner and 3 small one. I did not think it was right, so I went back to the store next day, and asked a sellperson in that dept. about the order, I showed her the one I ordered and after she checked on the computer, she says, they delivered the wrong one. What happen is that they had the wrong add on top of the stove and the number was wrong, the number was for another one (the one they delivered) we had to call one the manager and he did took care of every thing, so now I have to wait to see if they will deliver the right one model # RB526DHWW- store SO SKU # 1000050834, meanwhile I had to pay for this one, and wont get my money back for the other one till they take it back to the store. This is a real mess and somebody is not doing their job. Since Xmas I am having night mares about stoves... The last person who really knew what was going on , was very smart and knew the problem right away, she printed all the paper work so my rental can see wich stove we bought, her name is Ms. Martha Lambert, she needed the help of her supervisor Mr. Raffael Santana and he was a super first class supervisor he did everything he could to make things right for me. They have to be aknowledge for thei work to help and please a customer. So now I am going to have more night mares till the new stove get delivered the 1/22/15. and then wait till I get my money back. So now Is my question ? why I had to go through all this hard time just to buy a stove from Home Depot.??? Do I have to write to B.B.C. to complain ? are you going to get in touch with me to discuss all this mess ? what is going to happen ? do I have to write to Mr. Craig Menear to let him know whats going on with his Home Depot ? Please let me know...

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Home Depot provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Home Depot?

2.03 out of 5

Website

www.homedepot.com

More Home Depot Complaints

Customer Rating

A new dryer was purchased for my rental property from Morgan Hill CA, Home Depot. The Dryer kept blowing a fuse in the unit, making it not operable. I paid an Electrician $125 to check my electrical. He assured me that there was no problems with my electrical wiring in the house, I called GE Service Department to have the fuse replaced. There were no fuses in stock throughout the whole state of California. I had to pay $88 to have two new fuses rushed in as replacements. Another fuse blew, as soon as the dryer was turned on. At this point I was so mad and discussed,! This dryer was under a warranty, but no one could fix the problem, or willing to replace it. I contacted Home Depot and demanded a different brand of Dryer. A Maytag was delivered to replace the GE. The Maytag Home Depot refused to pick up the GE dryer from my house. It has now been a month since the Maytag was delivered, of course this dryer is working fantastic! No, problem with it at all! Another month has passed and Home Depot is refusing to come and collect the GE Dryer, and they have informed me they will not give me a refund until the GE dryer is returned. What kind of a company is this anyway! Charge me for two dryers, making me pay for additional costs to trouble shoot the problem, purchase fuses, and not make things right! A company of this size should have there act together! I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot again!!! I recommend everyone to shop somewhere else!!!

Customer Rating

I traveled approx 35 rt miles to pick up a replacement unit coming from Nogales Az Home depot via a manager from that store, dropped off at the Irvington store in Tucson, Az. The box was open, so I asked them to check the heater top. It was used and they said just take it home and see if it worked. They refused to return my money so I could get a heater. I am diabetic and spent the night in the cold due to your employees non caring attitude. I am finding this is a big issue with home depot. I have been on hold with the dyna glo company to see if they will do what you refused to do. My next step is to go to ripoffreport.com and file and the social sites. I am disabled and this is just wrong. I am giving you a chance to make it right.
My phone number is 520-551-3282.

Customer Rating

Your computer system that talks to your card holders tells the customer one thing and when I called the service dept and talked to a service rep I was told something different and he also give me the impression that he didn;t really care if I shop at Home Depot or not. .As of right now I believe that I will pay off my balance of $130.25 and then make my purchases elsewhere.
Don Wickerham

Customer Rating

On March 22, at 9:30 am I went to our local Home Depot at Cedartown GA. I was shopping for 15 bundles of roof shingles for my new garage that was being constructed. When I entered the building “Yavonne ” was the cashier. I told her that I would be needing some help loading the shingles. She told me she would get someone. After waiting several minutes and still no help I loaded the cart by myself. ( I am 68 years old). I went to the front checkout where “Yavonne” was still there. She said she couldn’t find anyone, but she would find someone to help me load my truck. After waiting again for several minutes and still no help I started to load my truck with the shingles by myself. When I was almost done a girl came out and told me that she would help me. The shingles weighed more than she did.. During this whole process I did not see any associates at all. With service like this I think that it is time I start doing my shopping at Lowes. thank you.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Daniel Grippe on 03/22/2014 at IP address 70.193.132.33 using our Home Depot, Cedartown, GA. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Home Depot, Cedartown, GA. customer review titled, “No associate assistance” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Simply put Home Depot does not stand behind the contractors poor quality work. You are on your own when it comes to finding and hiring a contractor that you can trust. They don't even think they need to reply to the BBB. Just a friendly warning from someone who has learned the hard way about Home Depot.

Customer Rating

I purchased a heating and air condition central unit from home depot on 08-15-14. It was installed by delta mechanical o8-19-14. I9 had a problem with the duck work that comes from the heating unit. I called and nobody came out.i went to my local home depot store and talked to the manager. He was very nice and had one of the employes to call delta. Three daylater nobody had come. I called my local home depopt again. They were very nice. They called delta mechanical a gain and i called delta again and talked to a woman. She apoligiced numerus times and i told her idid not want an apoligy . I wanted service. They came out the next day in the afternoon and repaired it in 15 minutes after i waited 9 days . I complained to a woman at delta and she said she would pass my complaint along, no reply. I think n9 day is not aressnable response time. A disfied costmer

Customer Rating

My wife and I had to make a special order for merchandise costing allot of money. It was delivered to the Windam, Ct. store #6230 as expected. I was called. I went to pick up the merchandise. At first looking at it on the cart it looked fine. In a box with straps around it as you might expect. I finished some paper work with the service desk. The lady asked me if i needed help loading the merchandise in my truck. The box was light and very long. I declined the help as I did not need it. I then wheeled the cart out to my truck. I rotated the box to get a better grip on it and then there it was. A large hole about 18 inches long by 4" wide! As I looked the box over I saw a second hole also. About 3" X 6" about 3 feet away form the larger hole. FUCK! I said. Those hole were made by a fork truck! I have see this before in other places. I wheeled the box and cart back into the store. And asked the service desk what this was all about? Doesn't anybody do there job there? Who is in charge of quality? I will tell you. Nobody is. I believe that the box was intentional flipped over with the damaged area facing down so nobody would see it hoping the customer would get the box home and not see it and open the box. Your store ranks ZERO in quality and customer care. ZERO! I am an investor and will be selling all of your stock. And I will not be recommending your store to any body. You suck! Your store sucks! And mostly your employees suck! NOBODY, NOBODY! Took a minute to check out packaging. Thank You Ken Raczewski.

Customer Rating

On Wednesday 3-19-14 we sat down with one of the kitchen specialist to design our kitchen we added installation and counter tops. The total at the time for both with installation and taxes came to 17893 dollars. At that time the sales rep said they would decline such a large purchase and a check would be better. I went back on Friday with a check for the purchase amount he gave us and we all agreed upon. When I sat down with him to pay the bill, he told me it was $19464.00. When asked why so much he said the underwriter added two pieces of molding. The molding only came to $500. I asked him to go over it again with his underwriter and he told us we are wrong. He said we heard the total wrong and we have to pay this amount. I am very dissatisfied as a customer. I will be reporting home depot to the BBB and will never shop there again! I would please appreciate either and email or phone call back. 631-697-5767. This purchase was at the Copiague Home depot in New York.
Lou Santorello

Customer Rating

Ordered door November waited through the holidays and excuses that they had numerous issues with the shipping co that damaged my door. Reordered and waited until March to finally get a partially complete door. Wrong door locks made 5 trips to the store, made over 20 phones calls spoke to manager, promised to make good finally after finally got the door installed after two carpenter visits, Home Depot took the joy out of having this door installed 4 months later, they offered a can of paint labor to finish the trim as their compensation. Every time I look at the door reminds me of the hassle I went through what a horrible feeling to pass on to your customer Home Depot . Not even a letter of apology, not even a follow up by the manager shows how much you don’t care how you treat your customers or want them to come back.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Daisy greaux on 03/17/2014 at IP address 184.2.19.239 using our Home Depot complaint form. This opinions contained in this Home Depot customer review titled, “French doors” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

On several occasions, in the last 6 months to a year, my sub-contractor and I have purchased smoke alarms which would not connect with each other. After having the wiring inspected by a licensed electrician, he said the smoke alarms are probably faulty. Needless to say after several trips back and forth to Home Depot, trying alarms, the problem was not resolved. My sub-contractor got smoke detectors from another company, and they work fine and are connecting.
The second problem I have had is we pickup an Elegonated toilet cover with a new toilet, sicks and faucets. Again, my subcontractor had to go back to Home Depot to pickup the right toilet seat, as they gave us a regular toilet cover instead of elegonated one. He just recently had to go back to Home Depot again because of a faulty value in the toilet cover.
I just recently picked up a faucet (Delta) and found that the spray hose does not work correctly, and AGAIN, my contactor has to back to Home Depot. Needless to say, this is costly and time consuming for him, and inconvenience to me, as I have to keep taking time off from work for him to come back and forth and fix problems or replace defective items that we bought at Home Depot.
I am very disappointed, needless to say, with the products that I have bought at Home Depot, not to mention to inconvenience for my Sub-Contractor who has to go back and forth and change these products and has to spend more money to get a better product and is costing me more money in the long run.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Elaine Heiss on 03/17/2014 at IP address 158.123.2.21 using our Home Depot complaint form. This opinions contained in this Home Depot customer review titled, “Defective Products” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Twice in the last eight months or so, a home depot customer has phyiscialy assuallted an assistant store manager at home depot, not once but twice. The first time it happened (with witnesses) the comment was made “If it happens again, we’ll talk with customer about it”. Well it happened again with the same customer and the same assistant store manager. I expect this to be retified within the next 24 hours or I will obtain legal consul . At no time will someone lay hands on a member of my household and be held accountable and if Home Depot does not step up to this, I will step up to Home Depot and the lack of concern it has for its employees and their safety. My telephone on this matter is 205-753-1695 and I will inform you of the store location

Customer Rating

I would like to file a complaint about port huron home depot. I went to home depot and purchased a lg pantry cabinet on 4/21/ 2013. When we got home and opened the box. The doors were ripped off the cabinet. The whole cabinet had cracks on the side and gouges in it.I drove 130 miles round trip to buy this product. I had to make another 130 miles round trip to take it back and they did not have another one. I think i should be reimbursed for my gas mileage. I asked about it and was told they dont do that. Im one very unhappy customer. And i will tell people to stay away from home depot.

Customer Rating

Last week, at the Fort Walton Beach, FL store there was great rep named Manela. She helped me order my products over the phone so I can get the military discount and shipped to my house for free. Today at the same store, there is a rep named Cecelia. She just sat in her chair looked it up on the internet and asked if that is it. I said yes. She said go on the internet at home and order it. She doesn’t call in orders. I said this is what the other lady did for me. She said she never did that for the past 4 years. If Home Depot is wondering why they lose money, this is why. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Customer Rating

I bought a shed on 3/11/13 from Home Depot Columbia, S.C. Harbison store. I found out after they received complete payment by me and my USAA credit line account that they outsource to a HIp out of maine, and the installation company is almost 100 miles from me in Aiken, S.C. Home Depot was paid in full and said they were not responsible for the shed? What kind of crazy crap is that? On my statement with USAA Savings Bank credit line they were paid one thousand sixty eight dollars for the shed and it is not in my yard yet! Then I found out they changed the installation date from 4/8 to 4/15 today and they are still not here and I am going on a second payment on the shed that is not in my yard yet. The installer said they are almost 100 miles away in Aiken , S.C. They are supposed to come today but are still not here.
If they are not here by this afternoon I want all of my money back on my credit cards, and the 159.00 tie down fee on my USAA American Express card also, which have all been paid out to Home Depot Harbison, Columbia, S.C. and HIP installers. I would never recommend Home Depot to anyone as it has become a nightmare, see my facebook page also. Bettie Taylor

Customer Rating

I have recently purchased a house and planned on getting most of the remodeling done by Home Depot. The first thing started was a $4k purchase for carpet that went smoothly from the Everett, WA Home Depot. Then we found the Snohomish, WA Home Depit close to our house and were going to do the entire house in window blinds $2k worth… This has been the absolute sorriest experience I have ever had. Owen the sales person was great and informative. This past Wed. I received a voice message saying my blinds came in. At 4 pm I called back and spoke with a a person and they asked for my phone number and would call me back in a min… That phone call never came back. Thursday I tried calling back once again to be transferred to several different department before speaking with a lady that said the installers will contact me in 48 hrs. Friday at approx. 3pm would be 48 hrs… Still no phone call… Sat I decided to call back to the Home Depot only to be told that my blinds were still ready for pick up when they should be installed… This time I asked to speak to a manager that couldn’t tell me much except for that they would call the installers and see what they could do with a promise to call me back… This is from the Service Desk at Snohomish, WA Home Depot at 10:45 am… This way you can locate which manager it is bc I didn’t catch his name. This promise doesn’t mean too much bc I had already been promised a call back and never received it. Unless this goes any better next time ill drive further and work with Lowes. I feel like I’m dealing with a bunch of children at the Snohomish location. Customer Service must be on the low end of the priority list and i will be glad to share my experience with anyone looking to have work done if this doesn’t change. Please feel free to call me or have someone from the store call me and apologize to show that someone believes that an honest apology for poor customer service from the people responsible not a corporate place still exists. (850)699-3023

Customer Rating

Just returned from the home depot neshaminy where I purchased (3) pressure treated boards. I’m a retired Marine and asked for the military discount. The checkout girl told me to go to self checkout and pay there then come back to the other end of the store where my items were. I get to self checkout and there is no one there to help me, after 5 minutes someone shoued up and pretty much made me feel as if I was annoying them. The only place you had a real person was the original checkout person who couldn”t help me. I have been a loyal customer at that location since the store opened and have spent at least 50 thousand dollars at the neshaminy store. Someone should look into how that store is being operated, I know they lost me as a customer.
Regards,
Tom Towers

Customer Rating

In 2011 I bought a zero turn lawn mower as soon as I got it problems return to Home Depot they have to send it off. I was told factory problems when made said they repaired ,first time I used it same prom less return to Home Depot sent it off again said it still had original problems I had 22 hours on machine sent back for vibration choke stuck would not easily start belt would not stay on.

They said it was a factory issue by then I had to buy a new. Lawn mower ,finally I talk to bob in tool rental in turf land mall, Lexington,ky the repair company called me were going to bring it back with same problems.they are suppose to return to my home as was includied in my purchase they will not I returning to a different Home Depot 18 miles away said to take it or not.

i have no one to turn afteri paid over $5,000.00 for it.some one help me as good as a customer I have been.

Customer Rating

On April 9, 2013, I visited the above mentioned Home Depot at 7:40 pm with the intention to purchase shrubs and mulch. I have a gift card with a balance of $120.00. As I approached the register in the outside Garden center, the tatttoed cashier violently flung the booth window open. She said, “We’re closing this register right now” (with a lot of attitude). Then she rolled her eyes and said, “I’ll ring you out”- again with attitude. I told her to forget about my purchase and that I wanted to speak to a manager. She then said,
“I didn’t do nothing wrong and I’m in charge out here”. She proceeded to page a manager. A young lady came and apologized for her behavior. Noone is going to want to make any purchases with such a rude cashier handling customers in the Garden center. If you were to view the security camera, you would be able to verify the unacceptable behavior of this rude employee. I was so disgusted that I no longer wish to shop at Home Depot. By the way, this incident occurred at 7:45 pm which was 15 minutes prior to your Garden Center closing.
If you want to improve your sales, you need to lose this horrible Garden Associate with the awful attitude towards customers.
If you’d like any further information, please call me at 440-884-1851.
Gary J. Brezina

Customer Rating

I just wanted you to know why I am not shopping at Home Depot stores anymore. The reason is thus: The ‘beeping video monitors’. One day last week, I was in need of a copper fitting for a job. I needed to ‘think’ and find the correct part. Every time I moved, I heard this annoying and distracting beeping sound. Then I noticed that every 20 feet or so, there was a video monitor displaying ‘me’.

And when I moved, it beeped. Then I began to notice these devices were installed through out the store in places, no doubt, where shop lifting might be relatively easy. So, I brought this to the attention of a female employee who told me that the beeping was to alert the employees to my presence so they could assist me. Not only do you think we are all thieves, you think we are all stupid!

I am not a thief. Nor am I stupid. Now, when I visit Home Depot, I feel like the Corporation ‘thinks’ that I am a thief. Who ever is responsible for this idiotic installation of such devices should be given a pink slip. I spend alot of money at HD and Lowes. …and I don’t get the ‘evil eye’ when I go to Lowes…so…why would I subject myself to that level of ‘scrutiny’ at Home Depot? I will not!

Customer Rating

I am astounded at the incompetence exhibited by two of your Home Depot employees at the Bonney lake, Washington store. They should be somewhat knowledgeable about the products they are selling/recommending…especially in the Home Depot paint dept. Last August, I asked your employee what I should use to paint my outside deck. What she recommended (and what I bought based on her recommendation) turned out to be some kind of porch paint, not to be used for uncovered surfaces.

It looked nice, but didn’t last more than a few months (about 90 days) and now it looks worse than when I started. So……not only am I out the $100 or so it cost me to do the job, I now have to invest more money and all of the labor to do the job right. I understand that people make mistakes, but if I did that in my business, I’d be out of business.

So today, I went back to the Home Depot store and mentioned the issue to the person who waited on me. She said ” Yeah, I know who told you that…..she’s been here for 7 years, you think she would learn…especially when she’s been told repeatedly”. Then today’s clerk recommended the Restore product which looks very good. Based on my square footage, she told me that I would need 6 to 7 5gallon pails to cover the deck.

At a cost of approx. $550 to $650 to do the job. After my first Home Depot experience, I decided to investigate myself….and after reading the back of the product, I found that I only need 3-1/2 5 gallon pails to do the job (which was then confirmed by your chief competitor. If I had listened to your so called expert, I would have invested approx. $350 more than I should have. When combined with the previously spent $100 plus all the wasted labor…..well you get the picture.

I have been a loyal Home Depot customer and have become increasingly disenchanted with the competency of your employees and also the quality of your products. I am sure that there are many others like me. Bottom line……your competitor is going to get the Restore sale and all the related sales that go with it.

Companies Like Home Depot

• Lowes (59)
    36.949152542373

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!