Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5 Stars
131 Consumer Reviews

Home Depot
Complaint Department

Home Depot is a retailer of home improvement/construction services and products. It is based in the United States, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. With 2,248 locations, Home Depot employs over 371,000 people. Revenues in 2014 were reported as US 78 billion and net income as US 5 billion. Home Depot is publicly traded on NYSE:HD.

If you need customer support for a Home Depot product or service you may call 1-800-466-3337 or you may email a question on the contact page or look up a specific department/appliance phone number. You may wish  to contact the CEO, Craig A. Menear. You may address your correspondence to him at 2455 Paces Ferry Rd. SE, #B #3, Atlanta, GA 30339 or call him at 770-432-8211.

Home Depot ‘big box styled outlets’ have evolved since beginnings in 1978 by Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank and Pat Farrah. With the slogan‘More Savings. More Doing.’,  Home Depot extends philanthropic support through The Home Depot Foundation and gives military personnel a 10% discount.

The Home Depot sponsorship may be found with Habitat for Humanity and as official sponsor for NASCAR Tony Stewart’s car. Social media presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube self help videos are popular.

Have you had problems with Home Depot?

Compare Home Depot to Similar Home Improvement more...

Top 131 Reviews about Home Depot

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Home Depot customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

We are very disappointed that your paint personnel gave us the wrong paint. Joe went in and asked for cement floor paint and was told that using the cheapest wall paint would be fine as long as we seal it with a polyurethane, which they also provided, with instructions on how to use it. This paint & polyurethane peeled off the floor. Joe went back, told them what happened, and was told to purchase stripper because it would take only the top layer off and would only need to repainted top coat. Not the case, it melted all layers off all the way to the cement, thus forcing us to remove everything and start over. We re-purchased the same supplies for the second time; repeated the process and the same thing happened.

When returning to the store a different paint employee was present, who told us we should not have used any of the previously purchased products, but should be using an epoxy paint for cement flooring and a sealer called wet look sealant. He explained how to use it, what to expect, and what to watch for. We just finished the room using this method and have only had a few spots that are questionable but overall it is pretty good.

We expect Home Depot to refund us the money for the 4 gallons of paint, the 2 cans of polyurethane, the 2 cans of stripper, and all the supplies. BTW the stripper was like rubber cement inside the can which means it was previously opened and used. We are quite frustrated and angry! Not only did we spend over $600.00 on the wrong materials, but also wasted two weeks of our valuable time dealing with this, not to mention gas and time returning to your store.
We expect you to resolve this situation to our satisfaction immediately!

Upvote (0)

Home Depot took my pro rewards away. I lost all my points! I went to buy 20 gallons of paint today and I don't seem to have a discount any more! Really! I liked shopping at your store in Chehalis. I really liked the people at contractor sales. Ill miss them because I was offered Discounts at a paint store. now Ill have to go there. You say Its because I haven't bought enough paint last year? You don't know! I send all my customers there!

Its the only discount I get from Home Depot -- or used to! I can go to the lumber yard and get contractor discount on every thing but I haven't just because of the people and the one perk I had of the paint discount! You didn't even warn me about doing this.

Upvote (0)

Had a bathroom vanity made and the workmanship was very bad. Don't know who you use to make the cabinets but they apparently don't take pride in their work. Had to hire someone to fix the problems because Home Depot wouldn't take them back. This is a sample of how things look. Drawers don't close correctly.

Upvote (0)

So I am at Home Depot today and the older gentleman in front of me shows his ID for a veterans discount. The clerk tells him he does not qualify for a discount so the gentleman asked to see a manager. They ask me to go to another line because this may take a few minutes. I tell them no thanks I want to hear this. So a young cocky full of himself moron comes to talk to the gentleman and says no you do not qualify. The gentleman tells him he has always gotten a discount there. So the moron says well we have told our people to tighten the rules and we only give what corporate requires we give and you do not qualify. The gentleman says he will then take his business elsewhere. The young moron replies that is your choice. The gentleman starts to leave and I step in.

I tell the moron if one of your idiot friends walked through the door right now you would have the option of giving him a discount and with your attitude you would do it. So step over to the register and give this guy his discount. He says he does not qualify for it. So I tell him look here is how this is going to work. Either you give this guy a discount and I call Home Depot corp and tell them how good of a manager you are in spite of the stupid policy. Or I go home call Home Depot corp tell them I stupid the policy is and their manager is a moron, then I blast face book and it goes viral and you get to be the moron you are.

I think you know which one he chose!

So people please blast Facebook with this story.
It was Home Depot store E Spokane #4714
5617 E Sprague Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99212

What a shmuck, he also told the gentleman that he would have to talk to the CEO of Home Depot to change his mind. I hate people who do not respect our military.

Upvote (1)

Tried to get parts for a screen door tonight at the west long branch, new jersey store. After looking for screen door parts for 25 minutes and not finding the parts, and not finding any associates, I asked for help from a young man who walked me to the front to two other associates who then referred to a third large woman who was quite demeaning and pointed to aisle 11 for the parts is a nasty and demeaning tone. I looked up and down the aisle and could not find them. Obviously none of these three women were interested in showing me the customer where the parts were. After spending another 20 minutes looking, there were no parts in aisle 11.

I went to the front again and again they did not know what to do again. 5 people on your staff just standing around talking and talking on cell phones instead of taking care of customers. Finally i found one good guy, Frank who got me to the part in less than 5 minutes. It appears the store is lacking the basics of customer service and the how can I help you attitude. I have been a customer for many years and never gad a poor and humiliating experience such as this one.

Please see photo of employees in front of store on cell phones while they are suppose to be working.

Upvote (1)

I have been a loyal customer at Home Depot since 1991. My Pro # is 9149800603. Today, at the Home Depot in Hawthorne, NY, at about 2;45pm, My wife and I went to return some items and buy some items. I returned three linoleum tiles that the cashier said "did not come up". This was fine with me, but I asked some questions. I asked "is it possible that I bought these items here, but, that Home Depot no longer carries them? The cashier said "sounds goods to me". I said "what? I'm not asking you how it sounds". I then asked "is it possible that I bought then at a different Home depot that carries them?" The cashier replied "Sounds good to me". I said, "What? I'm not asking you how it sounds. He then said, "do you want a head cashier?" I said yes.

The head cashier, Cesar came over after 10 minutes and reiterated the same responses and the cashier and defended his answer of "sounds good to me". Cesar would not answer either of my questions and become belligerant. In the mean time, the line for returns grew longer and our voices grew louder. Basically, instead of answering my questions, Cesar defended the cashier, made it seem like I was doing something wrong, and caused a scene in front of several customers.

Embarrassed and frustrated, i said "this is unfucking believable", and went to look for the store manager, many of whom I know. I asked another employee to summon the manger. I told her that I did not want to speak to the the head cashier and that I needed to speak to the store manager. She got on a phone an talked to someone and told me that the manager was coming. Then, Cesar, who is tattoo riddled and who acts like a tough guy, approached me and said that he was the manager. I said "no you are not, you are the head cashier". I told him that I had never seen him in the store before today. He said " I have worked here 7 days a week for 3 years". I said "with no days off?" He said "yes, no days off". Clearly Cesar was lying and be belligerent to a me. We were at the self checkout area, and several customers witnessed the incident.

Then, Cesar said, while he was approaching me and getting very close to me "why don't you take your tiles and leave?" At this point, I was afraid for my safety and felt like he would strike me. I turned around and left. Then I remembered that I had a door lock in my hand that I needed to pay for, so I turned around and paid for it in the self checkout line. The store manager on my receipt says Fred Schlott. If you don't fire Cesar, I will be filing a police report.

Upvote (3)

I write this complaint with much disappointment with the decline of the customer service at the Home Depot. However as a professional myself I believe you need to know about my negative experiences. Keep in mind the 2600 Hurstbourne PKWY located in Louisville Kentucky is the only store involved. I have a property management company and deal with both the Preston and Hurstbourne locations. The Preston Highway store without question is excellence concerning customer service: Within the last week I purchased approximately $1100 worth of appliances the Hurstbourne store. A problem occurred with our new range and we realized we had no manuals. My wife called your Hurstbourne store and after a 20 minute hold time she was told she should have received the manual with the delivery. He continued to tell my wife if she was having problems with the range she needed to call GE.

When she ask for the phone number she was told to go on line and print the manual and the number probably would be on the manual. He said he would look into the situation and call her back. That was a day ago. On December 3rd 2015 I went to the same store to purchase a Christmas tree light tester. When leaving the store one of your women employees ask to see my receipt. I started to look in my bag and remembered the receipt was in my wallet. When reaching for my wallet this woman attempted to jerk my bag from my arms in front of several people. Handing her my receipt I told her asking to see my receipt was one thing but being rude was another. After leaving the store and driving home for about 5 miles the more upset I became and decided that I should call the store manager and report this incident.

After calling and being placed on hold for around 5 minutes I decided to drive back to the store. This all took place around 5:30 – 5:45. Upon arriving I went straight to the service desk and ask a gentleman the name of the store manager. I was told he was not in and I requested his name which he wrote down on a piece of paper. Curious as to the problem I told him what had happen. I told him about being on hold and suddenly relized I was still on hold and allowed him hear the Home Depot recording on the speaker. He looked down at his phone blinking and read me my phone number and ask me if that was it. The store traffic was very slow that night and only one other customer was ahead of me at the service desk and just think I drove back 5 miles to the store with my phone still on hold after waiting 5 minute to go.

My point is your employees are not answering your phones. They are allowing your customer to remain on hold and maybe encouraging them to hang up. The employees may have been tired or whatever but your Hurstbourne store needs help. Consider this as a courtesy corporate complaint because if this was my business I would sure want someone to tell me. I did speak to the assistant manager and pointed this women out to him. I enclosed a picture of this women if it uploaded correctly because I didn’t get her name.

Upvote (0)

Went to home depot in Oneonta, NY. Bought a washer and dryer for almost 1,000 dollars. Arranged for delivery, got up to the front to pay and they said they would NOT honor my husband's military discount as items were on sale. So for the sake of around $60 you lost a $1,000 sale. We are informing all VETERANS of this. Working in retail myself I know word of mouth causes damage. Lowe's is up the road will go there to make our purchase and do our business with them in the future. My husband has stage 4 cancer because he protected our country so thanks for nothing.

Upvote (0)

Please cancel my Home Depot credit card due to what I have just read on facebook. I am a veteran and if this is how you treat veterans I will shop at Lowes from now on. By the way they do give veterans a discount. Home Depot should be ashamed of themselves for not honoring our veterans.

Upvote (0)

An advertisement at the entrance to homedepot brought us into the store to purchase granite countertops, the ad stating 7 days installation from day of payment we purchased on November 14th and as of today November 22nd we have no countertops and template is to be taken tomorrow according to the store. When we spoke to the Assistant manager, Marvin he had no answers we were told the store manager would reach out on Monday. After I called and spoke to the manager he was less then helpful and rude. "What do you want?" During the holidays it gets busy we can only do what the installer can do. This is not my problem as I have paid in full and expect what I paid for in the time frame I was told would be done in. NO APOLOGIES at all for this inconvienience as I was expecting to have my counter for the holiday and now I will have Plywood that my husband will have to put down. We have purchased our entire kitchen from homedepot over $25,000 in supplies we should be valued customers not made to feel second rate. Please look into this matter.

Upvote (0)

Do veterans get a Home Depot discount? There is a story on facebook that a veteran went to (store #4714, 5617 E. Spraque Ave. Spokane Valley, Wa. 99212) and was told he no longer qualify for a veteran discount any more.---- if so-- why is it I have not seen any thing saying that vet. get a discount - I'm 65 year old and a vet - and have been shopping for years at Home Depot -and have never been ask or told about it. Also I applied for work at Home Depot year ago and did not hear from them.

Upvote (0)

Manager gave me a price on an item. When I came to get it he would not honor that price. I complained on Facebook and home depot complained to Facebook and got me suspended. You think that will keep me from letting everyone know how much you suck. Wrong.

Upvote (0)

A couple of years ago i purchased double pane windows which had a lifetime warranty. I called in to fix sliding door window and was scheduled an apppointment for Nov. 11, 2015 between 2-4. The appointment was a no show and i did not get a phone call on reason for the no show. I called daily from Nov. 12 - 16 for status and was given a run around. Below are the reasons/excuses i was given by Home Depot employees: David Benzo installation manager is in a meeting and will call you back (to date no phone call). Another manager with phone number at corporate promised to look into the problem and promised to call me back on 11-13 (to date no response) Called the Home Depot complaint line on 877-654-6688 on Nov. 13, 14, 15 and 16 and was told that someone would call me back. I talked to Char to schedule an appointment but was told that the next available is for Dec. 9 which to me is unacceptable since i had an appointment on the 11th which your company did not meet therefore i should have priority. Dealing with your company has been a nightmare and i am reaching out to you for resolution.

Upvote (0)

I have order a Anderson window that came incomplete. It was order to have a motor the motor did not come with it the contractor asked the home deport clerk if everything was included in price and was told yes. When I picked up the window the motor was not in the box. I went to palatine store and was told I would have to pay for the motor . The contractor was with me and said that this has never happen before. We settled on paying for the motor and NOW I have to wait till Dec. 4. REALLY. I called the palatine store twice yesterday 11-11-2015 talked with Adam once was told that he would help me get it soon and he would call me back. I told him I was going to email the corp. office. I have been a Loyal home depot customer but I am losing faith. Now I have a bath that is at a stand still. I will let people know how unreliable your business is. Thanks for listening but I am sure it will not go anywhere.

Upvote (1)

I had a death in my family. A family member purchase a washing machine for me at this time.I did not have the opportunity to use the machine immediately. When I did I was not satisfied with the preference of the machine. I contacted the store and was told by an assistant store manager that I could swap it out. I was also told I could do this at any HOME-DEPOT store. I went to the nearest HOME-DEPOT store in Hammond Ind. and was told the same thing if I had purchase the machine from them. I went to the store where the machine was purchase and was told the manager made a mistake and got no cooperation from them. I explain that the machine was of inferior quality defective and sub-par performance. The customer service rep had a Oh Well attitude and basically said I'm stuck with it I was even welling to up-grade and pay more money. Can you HELP?

Upvote (3)

3 days before Veterans day My 84 year old step father showed his VA ID for a discount at the cash register and the clerk told him he was not entitled to it because he was not service connected. This man served in the Korean War was discharged with honors. It was the appropriate Id as it is the id issued to him by the Northport VA in Long Island and he was in Florida to attend the Veterans Day parade at the Tampa VA. As I was driving home I glanced back in my rear view mirror and saw the tears rolling down his eyes. This man never cries and is a man of few words. This is what America has come to, three days before Veterans day.

Upvote (0)

On the line for 17 minutes before I could speak with someone in the kitchen department. Waiting wasn't as much of a problem as the music on the line. It was loud, too loud and unappreciated. Really hate being on hold, not because I'm special but because the music is horrible!

Upvote (0)

My name is Tami Price. I’m writing to you in regards to a situation that happened in November/December 2013. During this time I lived in Kingsland Georgia. I became friends with a wonderful young lady by the name of Mendy Langley. I met her at church several years prior to this event. She is a domestic violence survivor, and also a survivor of Spina bifida … her type is very rare…. she has endured many years of suffering while as child and continues to live in pain 24/7 and will till the day she dies. She is a mom of 3. Her oldest is a daughter that has learning difficulties and will forever live with her. Her second is in 3rd year of college.. ( most of his schooling was home schooling until high school) his college is paid for by his high grade point average and other grants. Her youngest is now in 6th grade and like her brother is smart beyond her years. You might be wondering why im telling you all this. Great question.

In the winter of 2013, your store in Fernandina had a manager there by the name of Douglas Bischoff (sp) and his assistant Sandy. One day he approached one of his customers and asked them if there was anyone they knew that needed some “help”. He was looking for someone that fit the need for some program where the store shows up with a semi-trailer and several dozen employees and the media is involved somehow. That customer gave them my friends name as they attended the same church and he knew of the sad situation she was in . ( husband abused her and children and then dumped her after 20 plus years of marriage and him in the navy.He dumped his family and left her with no health coverage and putting his 3 children on the “system” so he could go have a fling with someone 20 years his junior) anyway Doug contacted my little friend.. ( who during this time was EXTREMELY shy and had panic attacks over the littlest thing..) this is when I came into this picture with home depot…she didn’t want to be home alone when these people came over.

I was there when Doug and Sandy both came and Doug informed Mendy that they would indeed be taking her on. They told her to get ready to have a big semi-truck and 30 plus people there in 3 weeks. They also brought her and her children a Christmas tree and ornaments and a few presents a few weeks later .. again telling her to get ready. Then the week came and went… Doug would say the funds have been allocated we are just waiting on this and that… and oh the Ac /heat had to be done by a licensed person in Georgia.. as his store was just over the fl/ga line. A month goes by… nothing… but they send her some room heaters… a patch… she and the girls are still dealing with temps in the home in the 50’s… another month goes by.. Nothing.. but promises .. Doug telling us not to give up.. this WILL happen… then next thing we know...

NO DOUG at Florida store.. HE had been promoted and now is up in Brunswick, Ga. Sandy the assistant in Florida has no idea what to do… we are still being told it will happen… well by this time I end up relocating several states away.. Doug KNEW this was coming and he told ME that it would happen before I left. Well it is now going on the 2 years and not one thing has ever come of this promise that I personally take from Home Depot. My friend is way too shy and doesn’t want to cause ANY problems for anyone… however I on the other side am beyond frustrated over this entire ordeal. This has showed not only her and her children not to trust Home Depot but anyone that makes promises. They have already been hurt enough from a man that walked out on the family and has not looked back. I am seeing my friend face yet another winter without all the things promised to her and her children.

If it were something like we MIGHT be able to help … but for them to build up the hopes of children and an abuse women is something totally different. I am to the point of now going around my friend and letting hopefully the right people know how this person represented Home Depot and giving Home Depot the opportunity to set this right. I'm enclosing MY contact info at the bottom of this letter. If you have ANY questions contact me… I don’t want my friend put through one more thing from home depot other than a semi truck pulling in her front yard.

Upvote (0)

I have a real dilemma here with Home Depot. I bought a lake house on Lake Brownwood that needed some serious renovations done to the floors and kitchen which I ordered and had installed through Home Depot. Unfortunately I ran into some problems with uneven floors in the kitchen and had to work on them to have the laminate flooring installed the following week. During this time I was also working with HD to upgrade the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. I ordered cabinets in Sept, paid for a contractor to come out and measure to verify the measurements given for the cabinets - the contractor didn't want to provide the store with the measurements as I was looking at doing the majority of the work myself (moving power and water lines, adding additional power receptacles, etc.). Chris (Manager) stepped in - we got the measurements finally but I didn't want Perry (contractor) involved with the install- during this time I was told that the caI have a real dilemma here and need your assistance.

I bought a lake house on Lake Brownwood that needed some serious renovations done to the floors and kitchen which I ordered and had installed through Home Depot. Unfortunately I ran into some problems with uneven floors in the kitchen and had to work on them to have the laminate flooring installed the following week. During this time I was also working with HD to upgrade the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. I ordered cabinets in Sept, paid for a contractor to come out and measure to verify the measurements given for the cabinets - the contractor didn't want to provide the store with the measurements as I was looking at doing the majority of the work myself (moving power and water lines, adding additional power receptacles, etc.). Chris (Manager) stepped in - we got the measurements finally but I didn't want Perry (contractor) involved with the install- during this time I was told that cabinets would be ordered and any modifications due to incorrect measurements could be done by amending the order. Subsequently Home Depot had another contractor (Byron) come out and measure the cabinets the beginning of Oct. the measurements were obtained and a Delivery Date of 11/24 was given.

Come to find out the order was never placed In telephone discussions with Jessica (CSO) who was also under the impression that the order was placed. Then a new delivery date was established for 11/9. On 11/2 I received a call from the cabinet company asking to verify my order, subsequently I found out that my order was placed on hold for 2 weeks due to a "glitch" and a new delivery date was established for some time in Dec. I received a call from the delivery company for delivery either 12/3 or 12/10.

I find this totally unacceptable as I still have to have the Granite counter tops measured and installed after the cabinets are installed. When this project was undertaken we had a vision of the kitchen being completed for the holidays, hopeful for Thanksgiving but definitely by Christmas- this doesn't appear to be the case as I was told it could be 3 to 4 weeks for the counter tops to be measured, cut and installed. My other issue is that I have already paid for my cabinets and counter tops in Sept through the HD Project loan program- They are requesting Payment on 11/19- I have not yet received any merchandise ordered on that loan and am reluctant to begin payments until after all merchandise and services have been delivered.

Upvote (0)

Read the about the veteran being denied his veterans discount because he didn't qualify! Do you need to be reminded that if it wasn't for veterans of all ages especially the retired ones that there may not even be a home depot! Hence you wouldn't have a job!! To sit on your ass and pass judgment on others who have served our country! Clearly you are self absorbed greedy cowards who take take and take from customers who you claim to care so much about and you don't want to give back a little to the people who have served our country! And if that is not enough you hire manager's who don't have a clue as to what it means to be a veteran!! And probably talked there way into position with little or no work ethics. So if you choose not to honor every one of our veterans active or retired then I choose not to shop at your store!! While remodeling my home! Lowe's is my store of choice. They homer all our veterans!

Upvote (0)

I had purchased a dryer to be delivered today , 11/3/2015 , sometime between noon - 4pm to 19 Pronghorn Run , Carmel Ca. 93923. I received a voicemail confirmation on 11/2/2015 , from Temco Logistics ( someone Home Depot subcontracts for deliveries ) stating the above. Their contact number 1-510-675-9150 , ask for Gabby. The trucks shows up to deliver at the wrong address. He is instructed the correct address and how to get there. He refuses to deliver stating he does not have enough gas. Mind you the above address is only 2 miles down the road, 5 minutes tops. so he gets in his truck to leave and head back to his companies location which is about 70 - 75 mile from my location. Now he has gas to drive there but not to deliver. I called his office (the number listed above) 5 minutes after he leaves my location. The office returns my call 5 minutes later stating he said he has left the property and cannot go back. Mind you it takes 20-25 minute for a truck that size to leave this property. I tell them the driver is still on property. They do nothing, but offer to deliver on Friday 11/6/2015. I need the dryer today not Friday I explain. Nothing. I call Home Depot, talk to 4 different people in the so called customer service department. Nothing. I just get transferred from one person to another. I am a very very very unhappy customer , mind you we have commercial account with you and spends a very generous amount of money each month. You call this customer service. I would like to suggest you be careful on who you sub contract to make deliveries on your ( Home Depot ) behalf.

Upvote (0)

Found washing machine with damage at Home Depot in Boerne about e weeks ago. Talked to the department manager, Greg, who told me he could not sell it until they had a replacement for display, which would take a week or so. Greg said he would call me when he got the replacement. Greg said he would sell it for $325.00 and might could go a bit less due to the damage. I checked last week and learned a replacement was due in today. Went to store, found they had received a replacement, went to buy it and was told it would be $371 or thereabouts. Greg was there (in the back somewhere as the salesman went back to check with him) but would not come to the floor. Told the guy to keep the thing as I do not do business with liars. Will not ever in my life show with you people again and will advise my contacts on the various social media of this, in detail.

Upvote (0)

We did an online order to ship to store #6651. We are very disappointed in this store the way we have been told over and over are order was their and we live 35 miles way to go down to find out that NO the order was not there. four times this has happened. We would call to make sure. Say are you sure. and the would say yes customer service. The this last four time they said they would deliver the stuff as soon as it can in. And everyday this goes on we are losing money off our job. And not only this we lost a very big job. Because of this order. Now we spend thousands of dollars at your store to have this happened. In Tehachapi, CA which is much farther from us was the nicest people. When we have jobs and promise our customers we would have the stuff there at a certain day. This doesn't mean your store can jerk us around. This has caused a lot of stress. And very disappointed with your store on how it handled our order.

Upvote (0)

Last May, we had a small Kitchen build in our all weather lanai and wished to have a small 5 Cubic inch refrigerator placed into or sink/cabinet area. Having purchased the sink and plumbing at Home depot, I decided to purchase the small refrigerator there also. To my surprise, there were many that could fit and were priced well under $200. After pointing out one on the shelf, a salesman said to us "that refrigerator will not work as a built in cabinet model because it has no ventilation to the front. You need a model that you can only buy on line made by "summit" " and it costs $526.00" "this is the only way you can do it!" So we went on line, and did the purchase and had it shipped to our nearby Home depot store.

We picked it up and had it installed. It worked for 14 months and died. Summit said the warranty is only good for 12 months and that this unit is not meant for a built in situation anyway. Summit refrigerators are also not very kind about offering any kind of rebate or incentive to solve this matter. Sadly, Home Depot also is so far not taking any kind of personal responsibility even though they are the ones that suggested this expensive alternative in the first place. Our local Home depot has wonderful people in their customer service department, but I think their hands are tied.

Upvote (0)

I was buyer landscape items for our home and got ready to check out, the cashier in the outdoor section, was not experienced and did not know much about the items I was buying, I had in my cart 18 pavers which she could not identify, finally out of frustration, I went to the isle where they are and got the item numbers and gave them to her, no help. She finally found a paver at about the same price and I said use that. I had your coupon which would expire on Oct 3ist if using a home depot card which I gave her, she said it would not accept the card, it was a new card and I had taken the sticker off which says "Your replacement card is ready to use.

Remember to take the enclosed coupon with you, at that point, some 15 minutes later I gave up and went to the main part of the store. In order not to have the same experience, I took pictures of the item displays along with the unit prices and item numbers. The woman at this check out was trying to help and had all items on the list completed, by now I could not find the Home Depot card, left it on top of the pavers, which I went back and got. She said no problem enter your ss number which I did and she said we don't even have and account. I was livid and paid with my debit card and left, I didn't even get to use the 10% off coupon which is one of the reasons for shopping at your business anyway. It seems to me others have had similar experiences and I thought, maybe, it was some of their own fault, but this was certainly the shopping trip from hell

Upvote (0)

I purchased carpet from home depot about 1 yr and 10 months ago, and it is all worn down and ripping. I paid a lot of money for that carpet and I have to replace it because it looks so bad. I am disappointed that I have to go through the manufacturer to see if I am eligible to get compensated. I would like to find out as soon as possible. I've been a shopper of Home Depot for years and would like to continue shopping there.

Upvote (0)

Our company is a residential construction company in NorthEast Ohio. in 2015 we have increased revenues exceeding 45%. We are a family owned and operated company. We have currently purchased from our local Home Depot store an excess of $40K so far in 2015. A new project to begin in November that could increase those numbers. Although I am sure, 40K is not a large amount of the yearly sales, it is about 70% of the material costs YTD for our company. We do not hold, nor have applied, for a Home Depot credit line as our company has the cash flow needed without this store credit. Last night we purchased a new Dewalt miter saw from the Chardon store. The price was $599 and a free table came with that purchase. We noticed that the same dimension, amp and dual bevel sliding compound miter saw from Dewalt was a "special buy" at $399. But no free table. (the Table is $199) So our determination is that the there is no real deal. $599 or $598. Actually the 399 with the table was a 1$ value. We purchased the $599.

My complaint is that when dealing with the manager of the store, I pointed out our purchase history for the year and that we don't get any consideration different than Joe Homeowner. I was told that there is no incentive for professional companies other than a credit account. Even with that, unless we purchase over $2500 in a single purchase, there is no discount. We purchase almost daily due to lack of space on the job site. Yesterday was just under $700 the day before that $600. and so on. I also noted that we used to get coupons and deals IE: $25 off next purchase of ...We don't get any of that anymore. He stated only companies with credit get those. Some special treatment should be given to commercial customers without credit lines with Home Depot. Just because we don't have a credit line, does not mean we are not purchasing large amounts of product from your store. We will be looking for other organizations that treat commercial customers with a bit more care.

Upvote (0)

Why are customers allowed to bring large dogs into the store? In the past 2 days I have visited 2 different Home Depot stores, one in Woodbridge, Virginia and the other in Springfield, Virginia. The store in Springfield allowed a man to bring in a large Doberman Pinscher and the store in Woodbridge allowed a man to bring in a large German Shepherd - neither were service dogs. Is this your policy to allow large dogs in your store that could possibly cause harm to your customers? I am not a dog lover, actually I am afraid of dogs and I should not be subjected to be afraid while shopping. If this was a Pet Smart Store, I would understand but it isn't and I ask you to please reframe from allowing customers to bring in pets. If you continue this policy, please let me know and I will take my business elsewhere.

Upvote (0)

This is a second hand complaint that I hope you take seriously. I was on Facebook today and read a post about the Home Depot manager at E Spokane # 4714 in Spokane Valley, WA 99212. The person that posted this was taking up for our military. All Home Depot stores should provide discounts to our military and the fact that this manager did not is very disappointing to me. My father served in WWII and was in the reserves so you can understand why I would be upset at the very hint of disrespect to a veteran. Please reply to me and let me know the status of this issue. I eagerly await your reply.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Samsung washing machine and the extended 3 year warranty. The washer is barely 2 years old and it broke. I contacted the warranty dept. and was then referred to Solar for the repair. Well, after scheduling a service call, which took 6 days for them to actually come out to my home, I learned they had to order a part. Now I am waiting for the part to come in. This is completely ridiculous. The washer is still not fixed and I have to wait another 6 days.

I seriously doubt I will ever purchase another appliance from Home Depot again. The service warranty is a Joke!! But the laugh is on the customer. I will never recommend to anyone the use of Home Depot appliances. As I write this letter, I am still without a washing machine, and I am sure there will be some other excuse from Solar again next week.

Horrible service by Solar, and I am frustrated totally with Home Depot's input, or lack thereof, since I have called several times regarding this matter.

Upvote (0)

The service at Home Depot was awful and the information the Home Depot representative gave me was incorrect and sent me on a wild goose chase. After finding what I was looking for, I returned to him and explained that next time he needs to tell the customer that he didn't know what they were looking for instead of sending them on a while goose chase.

After many words went back-and-forth the Home Depot representative told me "I can take this apron off" as if he wanted to go to the parking lot and fight. Not sure if this is standard for Home Depot, but I thought someone should know what is going on at the Pearland store.

The manager, John, was very respectful and did take the time for me to discuss this issue and then asked was there anything else he could help with. I said, I would like to file a complaint and he gave me everything I asked for and took charge of the situation.

This happened on 5-21-15 around 7:00pm. Not sure what the gentleman's name was but John, the manager, should know him well after this ordeal. The Home Depot store in located on the west side of Pearland on Highwayay 518.

Upvote (1)

If I could give them zero stars I would!

I ordered an electric dryer not realizing I needed a gas dryer. No biggie, when the dryer came I denied the delivery as instructed and called to order the gas dryer. I was assured by the sales representative that my card would not be charged for the electric dryer because it had not been "delivered." Fine, yes let's order the right one if you are sure I will not be charged twice. "No worries, if it does get charged, by the time the new charge is due to be deducted, your money for the electric dryer will be refunded automatically." Ok I ordered it.

Fast forward a week, check my account and I have bounced items, bank charges and a negative balance. Sure enough Home Depot charged me for both dryers. Called them and was told to wait 3 - 5 business days and the money would be refunded. On the 7th business day I call and was told, "We have to wait for the third-party vendor to refund us our money before we can refund your money." WHATTT????!!! What happened to the 3 - 5 business days, and why do I have to wait for a third party, I didn't pay a third party I paid Home Depot.

Needless to say, it is supposed to take another 3 - 5 business days to get my "refund." In the meantime, my account is in the negative with no end in sight, my bank can't do a thing until Home Depot refunds my account and all I keep getting from Home Depot is, Sorry. I will never make a big purchase with Home Depot, and I have made it my mission to tell everyone I know how horrible this company treats people!!

Upvote (0)

On 5-8-15 I went to the Home Depot in Salem Or (3021 Cherry Ave) to buy some outside plants. They were advertised for $7.88. When I looked at them they were too small for what I wanted to do. There was a display that had the flowers I wanted but were not a hanging basket. I have baskets and decided to get the plants and make my own baskets. The sign on the display said "marked down" from $9.88 to $2.88. Great deal, so I got four of them.

When I got home and checked the bill I was surprised to find out they were really $7.88 ea. I went back to the store and ask what happened to 2.88 The lady took me to the display and showed me the sign. I ask her so what it says 2.88. She informed me I was reading it wrong that they are 7.88 but the sign does look like 2.88. I am pissed and might shred my card and start shopping at LOWES. Not happy at all with you guys!

Upvote (0)

Had bought Ridgid Pressure washer model RD 80971 with an extended warranty. Ridgid gives a 3 year warranty plus the extended 2 years. Pressure washer pump stopped producing high pressure on 05/06/2015, so I called and they said the warranty was expired. The machine was bought on 12/19/2010 and that is only 4&1/2 years old. I faxed papers to you and I was told I would here IF they would repair on 05/13/2015. Then you would set up a repair date.

I waisted my money on this plan and expect my money back. I am having it fixed because I need to finish around the house before I go on Vacation. I DON'T have a month to waist on waiting for you to repair it. I expect a response and then will decide to cancel my credit card and have any future dealings with HD.

Upvote (0)

After consideration, feeling that Home Depot was a reputable company and under the assumption that they would staff competent and skilled professionals, I entered into a contract with them to provide what was called a “small” bathroom remodel project at my home. Home Depot assigned and directed this work to be performed by a third party contractor known as Romanoff Renovations. The project began Tuesday, September 2, 2014, and was estimated to take 4 or 5 days. Sadly this project escalated into a 6-week fiasco due to incompetence, negligence and mismanagement on the part of Romanoff Renovations personnel.

As a result the entire remodel is substandard and non-conforming to basic standards and practices. The drywall finishing is substandard, the shower curb tiles are misaligned and the entire shower structure is out-of-square. The glass shower surround key components were initially installed backwards and had to be re-ordered and re-installed. All of this was a direct result of Romanoff Renovations knowingly assigning duties to persons that were neither trained nor skilled to perform the work.

Six weeks later on, December 7, 2014, damage was discovered in the great room that shares a wall with the shower. The water pipe that connects to the shower head was not fitted properly. This connection was made by Romanoff Renovations personnel but not by the project plumber. This negligence caused a leak to occur every time the water to the shower was turned on. Water had destroyed all the wall insulation, the drywall and a large portion of our hardwood flooring in the great room and a portion of the bathroom wall adjacent to the shower. This damage was reported to my local Home Depot, as instructed on my contract, who in turn contacted Romanoff Renovations.

The local Field Manager contacted me and had a plumber come out and fix the leak, however, black mold was found throughout the wall, base molding and hardwood flooring and, therefore, a mold remediation company had to be contacted to perform mold removal at my home and air testing completed before repairs could be started. This required them to remove a large portion of the wall in our great room and bathroom and remove a large area of our hardwood flooring. Following that we had to have new drywall installed, taping, mudding and sanding performed over the next month requiring three (3) attempts to achieve acceptable results.

Damage to our hardwood flooring was so extensive that total replacement of the entire floor was the only option. Our current flooring had been discontinued and was no longer available so, over the next month, I was instructed to find new flooring. Each time I approached them with a possible material I received some reason they would not agree. A Regional Manager for Romanoff Renovations took over my case and told me I had to select flooring from Home Depot only, even though my current floor did not come from Home Depot or any other box store, and I was given a “not to exceed” cost per square foot. The amount allotted did not equal what my current floor was worth per square foot. When I objected, I was met with a “final settlement” monetary offer she stated was “fair market value”. I told her I did not want money, I wanted my home back the way it was before they damaged it. Even though Romanoff Renovations admitted total responsibility for all our damages they were not willing to provide satisfaction.

I once again contacted Home Depot for their help in resolving my damage issues. The local Store Manager attempted to help but was told by his District Service Manager that he would be taking over my case going forward. I was told he would be “reaching out” to me on several occasions and attempted to contact him several times but could not reach him or get him to call me back. I finally sent him a letter requesting nullification of my current Home Depot contract and a refund of the money I have already paid to date. In my Home Depot Contract it states that “Home Depot will attempt resolution of any claim within sixty (60) calendar days of receiving notice”, it also states that “Home Depot warrants the workmanship of the installation for one year from its completion date. During the warranty period Home Depot will repair, at no costs to consumer, any defects due to faulty workmanship.” I believe failure to honor these conditions constitutes nullification of my contract, however, when he finally did respond it was to reject this nullification. They were negligent in assisting with resolution to a problem caused by a party they employed to perform services on their behalf and they clearly violated the terms of their own contract. Now they are unwilling to offer satisfaction to me although I have incurred costs; not to mention mental anguish, physical illness, overwhelming disruption of our day-to-day living, etc. (too many to list on a single page.) They want their money.

This has been such a horrible experience and I do not want another consumer to go through this. It has consumed and wasted time in my life I can never get back. Neither the Home Depot District Manager nor Romanoff Renovations Regional Manager cared about my home or the stress and frustration this situation caused. They appeared only concerned about their bottom line. I found them both to be extremely unprofessional and condescending. So please reconsider before you ever allow any of these people to enter your home. I certainly wish I had the opportunity to reconsider.

Upvote (2)

I purchased a new Fridgedaire Range which was delivered today soon after lunch. At the time of purchase I was told that a new appliance cord was required for installation of a new range. I paid for the new cord ($22) at that time and it was to be delivered with the range.

Luckily, my kitchen wasn't ready for the installation and they left it for my remodeling guy to install. I went to check on the cord and found that I did not have a new cord but my old one was put on the new range. I would have never have discovered this if it had been installed. Feeling ripped-off, I called the appliance department of the Home Depot. I was informed that the new cord was needed or the warranty would be invalid. They said they could have a new one delivered on Friday. I said no way, it must be here today (Monday) or I would report a fraud. A subsequent return call revealed that a new cord would be delivered to me today. It was also revealed that the delivery person stated that he did not have a new cord on the truck and therefore installed my old one.

Why didn't he tell me that that was what he did? If this would void my warranty, why not say that someone would deliver the correct cord? OR - Why not tell me that I would get a credit for the undelivered new cord? He knew that it was on the delivery slip. He admitted to the salesperson that he know that I was to get it.

Later, the delivery guy called and said that he was on the way with the cord. Also, said that old cord use did not void the warranty. Still waiting for delivery person - wonder where he got the new cord from? He knows that I am pissed. He does not know that I will have a recorder recording every word that he says.

So, who is lying, Home Depot or delivery guy? He also said that Home Depot always tells customers that they must buy the new cord - but is is not needed. Is this an ongoing FRAUD? FRAUD by Home Depot and FRAUD facilitated by delivery people? Do they split the take?

Upvote (0)

We purchased a patio set from the online store as they did not carry size of table we needed or chairs in store - we selected the set from a larger display set - we did purchase the umbrella and stand within the Glen Mills, PA store on April 12, 2015. My husband is a Vietnam Veteran, they would not accept his license (which states he is a Vet), or the DD214 discharge form. Need to have an ID from the VA hospital or Vet Admin. - which forces us to use their doctors/hospital. This is discriminating. He served for 1 year in Artillery and put his life at risk. 10% discount is the least he deserves. Also, product when received in shipping was damages/legs dented and bent and tiles do not sit flat on table top & boxes were torn. We are NOT packing it up and shipping it back or paying for the cost of either. But your company needs to send a representative to our home to inspect it. That is real customer service.

Upvote (1)

I would like to make you aware of the issue I have encountered at a Home Depot store in Indianapolis.

My husband and I closed on our new home April 20th 2015. We went to Menards the same day to order 3-rail white vinyl fencing. We were told they could not get the posts here for 2-3 weeks. At that point, I called the Home Depot on High School Road in Indianapolis. I spoke with someone who called the distributer and assured me that if I ordered it through Home Depot and paid for it by end of day Tuesday, April 21st, it would be in by Friday, April 24th, 2015. This is crucial because my husband has taken off work from the 28th to the 2nd to help me put up this new horse fence.

I was told that they could not take my debit card information over the phone as it exceeded the 500$ limit. So I drove over an hour to the store Tuesday morning. Upon arrival, I asked an associate if they would price match with Menards as your posts are 24.97 and Menards are 17.99. I was told that you would not price match. I agreed to pay your price because I was assured the posts would be here that Friday. I paid for the entire order in full and was told I would receive a call when it arrived.

Fast forward to yesterday, April 28th, 2015. I called first thing in the morning to come pick up the posts. I was informed by a different associate that my order would not be in until May 5th. I explained that that was unacceptable and that I had been ASSURED it would be here by the end of the previous week. The associate said she would call the distributer and call me back. I never got a call. So my husband and I drove over an hour to the store to get some clarification.

Upon arrival, I spoke with Tony D, and assistant manager. He told me that there was no way that my order could or would be here before May 5th. He apologized profusely but couldn’t offer any solution other than 10% off my order. That does not solve the problem. I have spent over 1300$ on just posts for fencing, 130$ does nothing for me and is honestly insulting. Tony said he would try to look for another solution and promised to give us a call. Again, no one called me.

Today, Wednesday April 29th 2015. My husband and I are traveling to Terra Haute, Indiana, to pick up the remaining rails for the fence (your company doesn’t carry 16ft rails). I have yet to hear from your company so I called corporate. At around 9:15am I was connected with Yolanda. She listened to my issue and contacted the store manager. When she came back on the line she told me that the store manager, Erica, was on the phone with the distributer when I first placed the order and heard them say the posts would be delivered by Friday, April 24th, 2015. Yolanda put me on hold and continued speaking with Erica. Yolanda came back several times while I was on hold and updated me as to what was going on. By the end of the call (9:32am), I was informed that Erica was in contact with the distributer and she would call me back with shipping information with in an hour. She did not call me back.

Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 11:31am. I called Erica back and she said that the distributer told her it was being put on today’s truck and should be there tomorrow but to call back before 2:30pm to get confirmation that it got on the truck. Erica told me that she would call me back with that confirmation. I thanked her and hung up. She did not call me back with confirmation.

Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 2:43pm. I called Erica again to check on the confirmation. I was told she just got back from lunch and needed to call the distributer then she would call me back. At 2:54pm Erica called me back to tell me that the post did NOT make the truck today and they would “hopefully” make tomorrow's truck. I asked Erica if it would have made a difference if she would have called BEFORE 2:30 as the distributer had asked her to do. She said she didn’t think it would have. She told me that she repeatedly asked to speak to a manager and was told they were in meetings all day thus not available. I asked when I could expect the posts. She said it would “hopefully” go out tomorrow and would take 1-2 business days to get here. She then told me that she would give me a call tomorrow afternoon with an update.

I then tried to call Yolanda back at the number and extention she gave me but only got her voicemail. She had said to call her if things were not resolved. So I left a message for her to call me back at 3:22pm. She did not call me back.

My issue has not been resolved. It is about to be Thursday, April 30th and we are without posts for our fencing. My husband works for the USPS and only gets one day off of work every 2 weeks. His next day off is Mothers Day and we will be putting up dog fence that day. This week was scheduled time off of work that could not be rescheduled.

We must get this horse fence up this week. If we do not get these post by Friday, we will not be able to put up the fencing ourselves. I cannot put this fence up myself once my husband goes back to work as we have a 5 month old son that I care for. This means that we will have to pay for someone to install the fencing before May 12th so that we can move our horses to our new property when we move.

Because your company has dropped the ball numerous times, I would like this situation resolved quickly and adequately. I am losing money by ordering these posts through Home Depot. I am losing money by having to hire someone to install this fencing if your store cannot get me the posts by Friday May 1st. My husband has lost money by taking off of work and not getting this project done. Due to these facts, I would like you to either get me these posts by Friday morning May 1st or pay for the fencing to be installed once the posts arrive.

Upvote (1)

My father-in-law purchased a Powermate Tiller on 03/22/2014 for $311.79. He is retired from the military and is 78 years old. He and his wife live on a fixed income each month. Each year he can't wait for me to plow and help him plant his garden. He has used the very old worn out tiller for 25 years.

Last year, he decided to purchase a new tiller from Home Depot. He normally makes his purchases at Lowes, but this time I talked him into spending his money at Home Depot. We used the tiller for about 3 hours last year. We then winterized the tiller according to the manual.

We started to use this tiller this spring, and it will not run longer than 20 seconds. I went to the local store in Danville, Virginia to return this tiller and get a new one. I did this at the beginning of March, less than a year since the purchase. They told me the store warranty was only 30 days; therefore, I would have to bring it to the store and they would send it off to be fixed. They told me this would take at least 3 weeks. They also gave me an option to drive it 60 miles myself and drop it off.

This was heart breaking since my father-in-law was ready to start the garden process. He swore he would not spend his money at Home Depot again if this wasn't corrected. I also spend money at Home Depot and I tend to agree. If we had made the purchase from Lowes, we would have had a year to return it to the store. Once again, the tiller still appeared new with only 3 hours of work used on it. I feel I am responsible since I persuaded him to make the purchase at Home Depot. Please Let me know what I should do?

Upvote (2)

I worked for HICKMAN for assembly of gas grills at the Dearborn Heights and Southgate, Michigan HOME DEPOT locations and I have never been paid. Many phone calls have been placed, time submitted as stated to do, and I would like to know how to proceed with filing a complaint. My own personal Tools were taken by workers, I was told that a check was in the mail almost a month ago. Has anyone else had this problem??

Upvote (0)

I wanted to have a Gate Replaced at my home and was scheduled to have a home estimate. The contractor was late and dismissive. And at the end of the conversation, I was told they would reply to me in writing an estimate. After waiting a week for a reply I presented to the store. The response I got from the company was that not our department. I was given a 1-800 number which I called and spoke with a CS rep who tried to call contractor they did not answer the phone at 4:40 in the after noon. I guess it is Miller time. I was treated as if I was unimportant which is contrary to the mission statement of home depot. I does not matter how good your products are if the staff don't care about what they are doing.

Upvote (1)

I purchased a vacuum cleaner with a 2 year warranty and the manager was very rude. he said that my warranty didn't start until after the manufactured warranty and refused to give me my money back even though I had receipts of purchase and extended warranty. This person even embarrassed me by telling me I was talking to loud to him. I want justice done on this matter or else I will go as high as it takes to see my boss handled appropriately.

Upvote (1)

While in lawn and garden. They had isle blocked - waited and waited to get items and after waiting awhile I asked should I go to lowes and employee said yes right in front of assistant manager - I will never shop at Home Depot again - I will shop at lowes - I get better service there and there items are priced the same as hike depot !! Your assistant manager was so unprofessional.

Upvote (1)

On 11/08/2013 i purchased two frigidaire wall ovens. Today 4/22/2015 i turned the lower oven on and it is making a loud noise. I called the eldorado home depot and explained to one of the sales reps what was happening. She looked up information told me i had an extended contract that would cover repaires. I called 800-466-3337 and was transferred to a trouble shooter named sandy she asked me if i could turn off the breaker to the oven and i told her i could not because i did not know which breaker it is. I told her my husband was not home to assist me she asked me if could wait until he comes home and he turns off the breaker i told her no.

She then said to me that if a service person comes and if the breaker reset the oven i would have to pay for the service. I told her i did not agree because i had an extended warranty. In a very nasty tone she said to me you don't have a warranty you have a service plan. I immediately said to her give me a manager or some one other than you because you an i cannot get along she stated certanily and put jeff on the phone. Jeff comes on the phone and said to me sandy is right and if you dont know the difference between a service plan an a warrant i will explain it to you. Hearing jeff say this made me very upset and i told him i did not call to get to learn the difference between a warranty and a service plan. And that i wanted some one to come out and service my oven. In his ugly tone he told me that he would set up a service but i would pay it what is wrong was not under my plan.

I am very angry at sandy, jeff, and venessa because instead of them addressing my problem they a talking down to me and trying to educate me on the difference between a warranty and a service plan when all of this was said and done my problem was not solved. My over is yet screaming. Jeff said to me i will give you an appointment but it will be just like sandy said you will pay if it is the breaker. I hung up on jeff and called back to the department and i asked for a manager. I was given venessa. Venessa was also laid back and making sure she keep in tune with the two reps but i told her that i was no longer calling about the service i was calling about how i was talked to by jeff and sandy. In a very no caring voice she said she would address this issue.

Then she went on to tell me that they were right to try an trouble shoot before service what i have to do before a service person comes out should be explained to me before i buy a warranty oh no correction service plan. Because of the insults i relieved by all three of these reps. I am going to go back to the store and request my money back. It is my goal cancel this warranty oh my bad service plan or what ever you all names it. I am so pissed that i want to say bad words curse words is not my first language. I was born in the error that the customer is always right and i have spent my hard earned money for something that requires me to climb in a crawl space find breaker and then i will be given the service i paid for. I have been a customer of home depot for 20 years. I will not accept or tolerate any down talk from any one i give respect and i demand respect. As you read this you too may be like jeff, sandy, and venessa you may not care about how i feel. But there is a god that sits high and he looks low and he see service contracts written that cannot be used by customer when needed. This is a sad thing.

I am so angry that i will not come back to home depot any more if you check my track record from california to arkansas i have rentals that all merchandise is purchased at home depot however there is other places i can spend my hard earned money. People like jeff, sandy, and venessa should not be allowed to communicate with a customer that are in need of immediate service. They haven't learned how to talk to customers and address there needs.hours later i am yet in my kitchen listening to a singing oven. I am not pleased with the service i have recieved from your warranty oh i mean service plan. When i bought this warranty i thought i would be able to use it without having to solve the problem my self.
I am a mad customer with a singing oven in eldorado arkansas.

Upvote (0)

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 2:49pm, I bought a 10 FT Harper Gazebo, along with other items from Home Depo at 150 Midland Ave, Portchester, NY 10573, Manager Trevor Meinke. They said it will be delivered Mon. April 20th. I called when there was no delivery. They said it rained and there were no deliveries made. On Tuesday, everything was delivered except the Gazebo. Home Depot Delivery man stole the Gazebo. I paid over $2,000.00 for merchandize on Saturday, and I did not get my item! That is Grand Theft. Home Depot, you are a thief. You are responsible for all employees. I have to call the police and get Attorney's involved. Why should I have to do this. I just want my Gazebo delivered this week.

Order ID 1212-360058 1,072.68, SKU#1000-023-721 10 FT Harper Gazebo. The store Inventory is not updated. Now, they tell us that it's on back order but on Saturday it was not. You need to fire every manger who does make sure inventory is updated, delivery items are moved immediately from store floor so they won't be sold. The Gazebo was there on Saturday and now its on back order. Home Depot doesn't care at all, its just another stolen item at another store. Home Depot's Motto "more savings, more doing"--well its like "more slacking & more stealing and no doing."

Upvote (1)

Purchased quite a few items as this used to be my store for home repair. I went to check out and was having a problem with one of the items. The item was grass sod. Apparently, there was no sku on the sod only a price. I was told by the cashier to go find a sku for the product or it could not be purchased. When my wife looked around for help, none was to be found. I was told by several employees that it would be a while before it could be found. Cashier was pretty annoyed by now and was told that the sod could not be purchased, and I would have to come back because I was holding up the line. Can you imagine that? I left my 400.00 worth of purchases at the check-out, asked for the store manager who was out to lunch, and drove off. I never will shop at Home Depot again!!!

Upvote (1)

We have been waiting for an order from the home depot in hialeah for 2 wks. The order should have been at Caicos Caribbean Lines for freight forwarding 2 weeks ago. I am on the phone today for almost 1 hour and I still don't have a status on this order. Your store manager is unavailable to answer and your freight department is not answering. Please help for we have a 3rd party waiting on a response as well. The order is for Bransford Dean and Claudio (Hialeah Store) assisted him with the order.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a set of shower doors and the installer did a terrible job with the installation. I went into the Commack, seeking help and possibly someone to take care of these doors for me with a proper installation. A lady named Nancy listened to my dilemma, and I was told she would have someone come to my home with a NEW set of doors and install them free of charge and return my original purchase for the old doors.

She came to my home 2 days later with a man named Peter, and my wife said they brought in a new set of doors. I was at my job at the time. When I returned home a few hours later, my wife said the new doors were not installed and that they put them back in the truck. They supposedly repaired the old doors and left. At that time, the doors were worse than before they did the so-called repair. When I went back to the store on Friday evening at 6pm, I spoke to the manager on duty and told her my story. She said she new about the situation, and that she was told that new doors were installed. They Never were as I stated. I still have the OLD Doors and the same off the track problem.

At this time, I threw up my hands and knew Home Depot would DO NOTHING about this fiasco and the night manager got very huffy. This is not a good story to go around, and I would like to know WHAT HAPPENED to the new doors that were never installed. Were they used for another use for someone else?? I still have not received my credit I was promised for the junk doors I now have hanging in my bathroom with a wife that has M.S. I'm sure you know what that means, and I know no one at home depot cares. I intend on contacting the better business bureau, consumer affairs, and small claims court about this matter of lies and phony promises. I have been a customer of home depot for years but will never buy another item from your franchise again.

My name is Dominick Iannizzotto and you can check your records for my purchases for many years. I will eat the $215.00+ and advise my family friends and neighbors of this fiasco.

Upvote (1)

Today, I visited home depot and purchased a hanging plant. When I left the store and got to my truck, I was stopped by a young man who came running from the store and said to me "show me your receipt". I replied, "why and who are you?"..he said "I am security for home depot" I said show me your ID, he refused and to prevent an altercation, I showed my receipt. I returned to the store in shock, but most of all deeply humiliated because, this person was really accusing me of stealing. I am a senior citizen who go in home depot 1 or 2 times a day. I spend a ton of money in this store, I am extremely angry that I would be approached in that manner.

I can clearly understand asking to see a receipt at the door when leaving the store, but at my truck, as if he expected to catch me with a stolen item. I remain in disbelief that I was profiled as a possible thief. This is unacceptable. In today's society I understand and appreciate security, but please train them on how and when to approach people. This incident could have ended with me in handcuffs being accused of something that I have never done in my 73 years on earth, stealing.. I patronize this store because I would like it to stay in Jackson, but I will not be humiliated and spend my money.

Upvote (1)

On 2/10/15 I went to Home Depot to buy a hot water heater. I found the one I wanted (sku0000-100-979) and when I went to pay, they asked if I wanted installation. I asked what that would be, and they said $892.00. I thought that was high and told the women at the checkout counter. She said that also included a $200.00 permit required by the City and if I found an independent installer it would be required as well. She said if I didn't pay it there were stiff fines as much as $600.00. Based on that information, I paid $892.10, with an install date of 2/12/15. I asked for a breakdown of the charges, they gave me a receipt of the bundled $892.10 with no explanation of the permit.

On 2/12/15 the installer came as planned and efficiently changed out the h/w heater in 30 minutes. There was no paperwork left with a permit number so I called Home Depot and asked about it. I spoke to a manager at the store I purchased it, and he ensured me the cost included a "required" $200 permit fee. I called the installation company and they said they weren't sure of the permit fee and would call me back. The next day I called them back and they told me I didn't pay a permit fee. I asked for a breakdown of what the $892.10 involved and again I received a bundled invoice. I called Home Depot back they said they would get back to me. I received a message on my phone while I was on vacation from Dee saying she sent me a copy of my invoice to my email address. AGAIN a bundled invoice with no description of what the charges were for. I am very disappointed in this scam! Had I known I didn't need to pay a $200 permit fee, I would never have agreed to the $892.00 charge. I believe this practice is fraudulent and a misrepresentation of city code requirements! If Home Depot wasn't acting in a fraudulent manor the invoice wouldn't be bundled into one charge and the charges would be transparent! Shame on you Home Depot!

Upvote (4)