Customer Satisfaction Results

Home Depot

Complaint Department

Filed by MaryAnn Lervik on Jan 14, 2015
Consumer Rating

A new dryer was purchased for my rental property from Morgan Hill CA, Home Depot. The Dryer kept blowing a fuse in the unit, making it not operable. I paid an Electrician $125 to check my electrical. He assured me that there was no problems with my electrical wiring in the house, I called GE Service Department to have the fuse replaced. There were no fuses in stock throughout the whole state of California. I had to pay $88 to have two new fuses rushed in as replacements. Another fuse blew, as soon as the dryer was turned on. At this point I was so mad and discussed,! This dryer was under a warranty, but no one could fix the problem, or willing to replace it. I contacted Home Depot and demanded a different brand of Dryer. A Maytag was delivered to replace the GE. The Maytag Home Depot refused to pick up the GE dryer from my house. It has now been a month since the Maytag was delivered, of course this dryer is working fantastic! No, problem with it at all! Another month has passed and Home Depot is refusing to come and collect the GE Dryer, and they have informed me they will not give me a refund until the GE dryer is returned. What kind of a company is this anyway! Charge me for two dryers, making me pay for additional costs to trouble shoot the problem, purchase fuses, and not make things right! A company of this size should have there act together! I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot again!!! I recommend everyone to shop somewhere else!!!

17 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Home Depot?

Compare Home Depot to Similar Home Improvement more...

Home Depot Customer Feedback Trending Now

83 Home Depot consumers have created complaints against Home Depot to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Home Depot complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Home Depot corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Today, I visited home depot and purchased a hanging plant. When I left the store and got to my truck, I was stopped by a young man who came running from the store and said to me "show me your receipt". I replied, "why and who are you?"..he said "I am security for home depot" I said show me your ID, he refused and to prevent an altercation, I showed my receipt. I returned to the store in shock, but most of all deeply humiliated because, this person was really accusing me of stealing. I am a senior citizen who go in home depot 1 or 2 times a day. I spend a ton of money in this store, I am extremely angry that I would be approached in that manner.

I can clearly understand asking to see a receipt at the door when leaving the store, but at my truck, as if he expected to catch me with a stolen item. I remain in disbelief that I was profiled as a possible thief. This is unacceptable. In today's society I understand and appreciate security, but please train them on how and when to approach people. This incident could have ended with me in handcuffs being accused of something that I have never done in my 73 years on earth, stealing.. I patronize this store because I would like it to stay in Jackson, but I will not be humiliated and spend my money.

Consumer Rating

On 2/10/15 I went to Home Depot to buy a hot water heater. I found the one I wanted (sku0000-100-979) and when I went to pay, they asked if I wanted installation. I asked what that would be, and they said $892.00. I thought that was high and told the women at the checkout counter. She said that also included a $200.00 permit required by the City and if I found an independent installer it would be required as well. She said if I didn't pay it there were stiff fines as much as $600.00. Based on that information, I paid $892.10, with an install date of 2/12/15. I asked for a breakdown of the charges, they gave me a receipt of the bundled $892.10 with no explanation of the permit.

On 2/12/15 the installer came as planned and efficiently changed out the h/w heater in 30 minutes. There was no paperwork left with a permit number so I called Home Depot and asked about it. I spoke to a manager at the store I purchased it, and he ensured me the cost included a "required" $200 permit fee. I called the installation company and they said they weren't sure of the permit fee and would call me back. The next day I called them back and they told me I didn't pay a permit fee. I asked for a breakdown of what the $892.10 involved and again I received a bundled invoice. I called Home Depot back they said they would get back to me. I received a message on my phone while I was on vacation from Dee saying she sent me a copy of my invoice to my email address. AGAIN a bundled invoice with no description of what the charges were for. I am very disappointed in this scam! Had I known I didn't need to pay a $200 permit fee, I would never have agreed to the $892.00 charge. I believe this practice is fraudulent and a misrepresentation of city code requirements! If Home Depot wasn't acting in a fraudulent manor the invoice wouldn't be bundled into one charge and the charges would be transparent! Shame on you Home Depot!

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

On 03/08/2015 I purchased two Highline Wht Complete Toilets from your store in Fayetteville, Ga. They contracted with Bynum and Sons Plumbing, Inc. to remove two toilets from my home and install the new toilets that I purchased from your company. On 03/17/2015 Bynum installed one toilet in the master bedroom bathroom and before 7:00 p.m. that night the bathroom floor was covered with water. I removed the soaked rugs and replaced them to make sure that the toilet was leaking and yes water continued to cover the floor. I attempted to contact Bynum but there was a message that stated it was after hours. I contacted them the next morning and the receptionist stated that the service would be a recall. I had to leave work in order to meet the plumber at my home. The plumber came and corrected the problem.

On 03/06/2015 the second toilet overflowed when it was flushed with only urine in it. Again, I attempted to contact Bynum but heard the after hour message. I then contacted the Fayetteville Store and they said they would contact Bynum again. However, I contacted Bynum before Home Depot did and spoke to the receptionist and explained the problem with the second toilet. She explained that the plumber could not come before Friday. I explained that I had appointments on Friday, then she said the plumber would be at my home between 3 and 6 p.m. on Thursday. The plumber did not show up nor did he call. I again was inconvenience. I am disappointed with the manner in which the person you contracted to install the toilets that I purchased from your company is completing the job. Please help me in getting this situation resolved. I can not leave work early and I can not take off work.

Consumer Rating

On March 31, 2015, I purchased a new toilet at your Porter, Texas Store; invoice number 6523-239121. I paid for toilet, delivery and installation. On April 2, 2015 ARS Plumbing Company was given the assignment to do the work. The Plumber, Domingo Lopez, called prior to coming and in that first phone call he stated the box had been crushed and that I knew about it. This is his first lie. I picked out a toilet from display only and Home Depot did not call me to say the box was damaged. When the plumber arrived I asked if the toilet was damaged and he said no. I checked it and could not see anything. I questioned him twice, are you sure you are with Home Depot to install my toilet and he said he is Home Depot. He started to change his tone. I did not care for his attitude, so I showed him the bathroom. He removed the toilet quickly and called me to the bathroom to see the corroded flange. He said, this will need to be changed out. I said, ok change it. He said well, it will cost you more for installation and I asked how much is that? He said around $600.00. I said, so what is the real price, $6.00 to $12.00 for a flange? He repeated the total and I said, show me where that is the price. He went to his truck and made a phone call . He turned to a page and said, $675.00 I immediately called Home Depot and asked to speak to the manager and I spoke to Tammy. I told her that Lopez is trying to strong-arm me and to pay a huge amount for a $6,00 flange. She said that can't be right. Let me call ARS and I will call you back. At that time, I was trying to explain to Lopez that my paperwork states: IN SOME INSTANCES, EXISTING PLUMBING FLANGES, SUPPLY VALVES, ETC MAY REQUIRE OR UPGRADE TO BE FUNCTIONAL AND CODE COMPLIANT. WE WILL DISCUSS OPTIONS AND POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL CHARGES WITH YOU IF THIS OCCURS. WE mean HOME DEPOT. That is who I have a contract with, not ARS Plumbing Company. No one at Porter, Texas store would discuss how much more for a new flange. I feel totally cheated and pushed around by you and ARS Plumbing.
Tammy called and stated that she could not do anything about it. I told her my paperwork on page 3 did not show a price list for a replacement of a flange. She had no resolve for me. I argued with Lopez on the issue of having this work inspected. He said yea when a replacement is warranted, but they don't have enough inspectors to go around. I was so frustrated and outdone on this situation and felt I was being pushed around from an outside company like ARS. Since they are representing Home Depot, I feel Home Depot don't care how ARS treat customers.
I reluctantly let this horrible company put a $675.00 flange in because I did not have a choice. My 94 year old dad needed this toilet to use because he is unable to walk that well and this bath is very close for his use.
I watched Lopez replace the flange. I helped clean the area where the old flange had been removed. I helped to clean the tile around area also.
Lopez installed a new flange and had a bit of difficulty in drilling in the screws into the concrete around the main drain. He place that blue liquid around the pvc and laid the flange on the concrete. He did not put caulking around the flange that lay on the concrete.
After he was finished, he said that the concrete around the drain was like sand and I should watch for leaks. Well, I said, what do I do with that????
He said, I'm just saying, just check it often. Well, I'm really upset now, will I have watch My toilet all day to see if it leaks?
On Monday, April 6, 2015, I went to the City of Houston Permit office in Kingwood, Texas to ask if they let ARS Plumbing slide on their installations because the city don't have enough inspectors. They said definitely not. The assistant give me a phone number to talk to the City of Houston Assistant Chief, Mr. Carlos; (832-394-8870). Mr. Carlos indicated that if a new flange is warranted due to damages, and anytime a further repair is needed. a permit is required.
I want the Regional Manager for The Home Depot to hear my plea for help on this situation I'm in. I was not treated fairly, nor did I get the reasonable price for a flange from your store nor did anyone care to resolve this . The asst. manager in Porter office indicated that they don't put companies like ARS Plumbing Company on a list for installations, the home office make that call.
Your help is truly needed and I want the $675.00 taken off my Home Depot credit card. My balance at the time of this purchase was $152.00 AND now its $1,100.00 for a $178.00 toilet. I feel so mistreated, disrespected and lied too. Please help me .

Consumer Rating

This isn't as much a complaint as it is suggestion. I was in your Bennington Vt Store buying some 4X4's. They too high for me to reach so I ashed for help. There where 3 guys standing around not really doing much. One of them came over with no problem and got me a latter so I could climb up and get them myself. I'm white haired and 70+ years old, it would have been nice if the worker climbed up and handed them down to me. He was many in his 50s and should have known better. I'm just saying. I love your stores and wish you the best...

Consumer Rating

Exactly two years ago I purchased a heating system from Home Depot,and within the required eighteen (18) months, I paid it off. Since that time I have had to call for service at least six (6) times, and on each occasion it cost me some money, some times as much as two hundred (200}dollars. As I write this complaint I have been without heat for the past three weeks. I had to use space heaters the first two weeks of this last dilemma, and I am still without heat as I write this complaint. This is the worst heating system I have ever had, and I have had several in my different homes. The mere fact that the system is suppose to be new makes it even worst. Home Depot had no problem cashing my checks' and and receiving the entire pay off within the allotted eighteen {18) months, but they seem to have difficulty providing a reliable heating and air conditioning system. Last July the air was not working and it destroyed my first,last and only 72 year patriarchal birthday party, The system has been operating as if it may have been a used system or one that has been re-manufactured. Therefore, after six (6} inconveniences in a two year period, I will be seeking relief from Home Depot in the form of a replacement. Furthermore, since this failure and detestable situation has occurred, I have had to sleep in other than favorable conditions which could have been the cause of the colds that I have experienced during that period of time, This lack of customer service and satisfaction is going into the fourth (4) week. I want my money back or a new system. In closing I'd like to say that I am appalled at this treatment and this is the type of thing that makes for very bad press.for ARS and Home Depot.

Consumer Rating

We had two windows and a patio door installed. We have had some one come back on the door three times. It was icing over and air coming in. Pictures were taken and we were told they would be sent to head office and to Stanley. We have not heard back from either. Customer service has being poor at best. It has being I am sorry pass the buck or cover your butt. We will never shop at home depot again. We were told that Stanley made a good door. This one is poor or badly installed. The three visits have being band aid fixes. This experience has not being even a one star

Consumer Rating

right before x-mas we bought a dryer from home depot, which used to be our favorite store. we just bought an older house. a lot of appliances are old. the men who delivered could not hock it up, due to wrong wire. They said leave both old and the new one here. we will give you a number and someone will pick up old dryer any time free of charge.after few days my hubby hocked up the new home depot dryer. my hubby and I called a few times to have old dryer picked up. the home depot staff said we will get back to you when we are in your area. waited couple of weeks called again same answer. then I called they of too late now we can't pick it up free of charge. Then after I spoke with a few supervisors, home depot said ok for 25 bucks they would pick up old dryer. I said ok,very good ( I always talked nice) then they said no we cant because I waited too long! I explained how many time I called and no one would give us a pick up date. this was a false promise by the home depot!! now we have 2 dryers in my basement. we now need a refrigerator. I don't think we should shop at home depot . what do you think? t

Consumer Rating

I love Home Depot and had quit a good experience like the stores in the Antelope Valley area and Los Angeles Area. Now for the stores in the Victorville, CA to be exact the store on Bear Valley Avenue, Wow customer service sucks I can’t get a straight answer the inventory in the store is poor it’s as ghetto as it can get cleanliness bad employees walk around you trying to avoid the customer.

Consumer Rating

We had roller shade blinds installed in our vacation home in Lake Tahoe CA. The install was done we we were not there; a friend let them in the house. Home Depot had an installer they contract with do the installation. When we got up here to the house a month later, half of the shades won't role up all the way, one shade fell down and one shade was never installed, but we paid Home Depot for the work and the contractor that installed the blinds won't return our calls and all Home Depot says is that they will call the contractor and have them call us. This has been going on for four months now. Home Depot should take responsibility for this poor work performed by the contractor, but they are not doing so. The Home Depot store is located in Carson City, Nevada.

Consumer Rating

I am a general contractor in North Cariolina and I have a home owner that purchased appliances in Orlando Florida . He had the appliances ship to the Hendersonville NC store and I have the PO #and invoice # but the hendersonville store can not pull up the numbers . They said there computer systems do not inter change with one another . (That has been a big headache for me ) They finally were able to find the appliances and we got them set up for delivery on Thursday . They only brought out part of them . We got the other set up for Saturday and then they shorted me 6 items . Took me 2 weeks to finally got them which is not good. They left 3 items that had been canceled and have been given the money back for . They are not ours to keep and I have a dryer that has a dint in the front BUT they don't want to take them back because the where not purchased at the Hendersonville store . The problem is it is two Home Depot stores that are competing against one another FL store made the sale and the NC is going to lose money on them . They are not worried about the customer, only the store . I live 40 miles away one way and have made 5 trips over there . I have called and called each time they take my # and never call back . This job is on a tight schedule and this mess has delayed to job by a month.

Consumer Rating

Three weeks ago (approximately) I purchased a "smiling face " sponge. (AShark Tank) product. It was the last one in stock. This is the store in Bartonsville, PA. I had wanted to buy at least two. The sales person was sure another shipment would arrive soon. Today (two weeks later) I stopped by to purchase more for my daughters and myself and none were in the store as yet. The salesperson was very diligent and got the manager on his cell beside asking other salespeople,but no satisfaction. Why was the store out of stock?

Consumer Rating

I purchased a storm door about six months ago if not less. The store door has dislocated from the bottom of the base board four times. Today being the fourth. Your repair man keeps repairing it the same way everytime. The bottom portion of the base board riped out from the door way the first time the door came off. A hollow space was left when the base board separated from the doorway. Whenever your repair man has come to repair the door he constantly puts another board over top of the old base board where the space is. He proceeds to put nails in the base board but never fills in the space left behind from when the door originally came apart. The wear and tear from opening and closing the door puts stress on the bottom portion of the baseboard until it comes apart. The door has fractured the exact same way as it did before. Can you give me my money back or send a person out who will repair the door correctly? I have pictures if you would like to see.

Consumer Rating

March 23,2015 I found a Cub Cadet ZT riding lawn mower for about $2700 and went to local store and asked they order it for me. Theu proceeded to order it and when the price was displayed found that it was a clearance item for $1777 and I told them to order it for me. I was told the mower would be in by 3-31, I went to store on 4-1 and after waiting about 35 minutes was told the mower had not been ordered because the store could not order clearance items. Apparently they were not aware of this rule. I came home and tried to order the item on line and found that it was available but no longer at clearance price. I am very frustrated and believe I should be allowed to buy this item at the clearance price. I would appreciate an immediate reply. Thank you, Charlene Warren

Consumer Rating

March 23 2015 I had found a Cub Cadet Zturn riding lawn mower on Home Depot web sight for $2700 (approx.) so I went to local store and asked them to order it for me. They proceeded with order and found that it was a clearance item for $ $1777.00 so I asked them to order it. Told me it would we delivered to store by March 31st. Meantime I received a bill by e mail, so went to store on 4-1-15 and after a long wait, was told that it was not ordered because the store could not order clearance items, I came home and tried to order the mower myself and found the item was in stock but was no longer clearance price and I would have to pay full price. My experience was totally unfair and entire transaction mishandled. The local store employees apparently were unaware the store could not order clearance items and in their defense were not aware of this until 4-1 when I went to pick up the mower.

Consumer Rating

On March 24,2015, I bought a Garage door to be installed by you ( Home Depot) from your located store of East Meadow, New York, store # 1201.
Of course I paid for the door and the installation and for Medallion Hardware Upgrade, The sales person explained about the upgrade charges and how important to have it. Next day or day after a man came to my house and look to the old garage door and to measure the size and left. Two days after a man came to install the new door and when he was done, he left the old door on the side of the house .I asked him why he is not taking it with him, he said: he is not suppose to take it.
When I bought this door (new) 20 years ago (old door) , the installation company then took the old door without asking of me. Therefore when I bought the new door from Home depot, I did not talk to the salesperson if they taking the old door or not because I thought this is the norm.
The sales person never mention any thing about removal the old door. I called the salesperson on the store, she claimed that she told me about taking old door for extra charges, and promise me to call back because she had another line on hold. Two days are gone and of course she did not called. Now I am stock with old door.
I called the collection Garbage of my town, they requested the door to be cut to pieces not long that 4 feet by 4 feet.
I am an old man (73) and I suppose to take care of that.
This is the services I got from ( your subcontract and the salesperson)
Honest, I wish I never bought the door from you store and probably do not buy any thing from store in the future. And I have to learn the salesperson's tricks , and games they play.
Thanks for listening to my complaint

Consumer Rating

Bought battery drill in mount pleasant battery was defective tried to get new one but store wanted to send me to rental shop and not just exchange for a new one.store would would not honor purchase was Howell Mi.

Consumer Rating

My office is Brighton MI area. I was on my way to a project in Glen Arbor MI. I forgot my finish nail gun so I stopped at 2732to pick up a gun.Got to job put battery in charger several times tester said battery defectiveOn the way back stopped at store ,they treated me great but had no battery, Ed assured me I could get a replacement or battery at any store as long as I had receipt. Went to Howell ,Mi store. Bad attitudes and service. Didn't want to give me new battery. Walked out with nail gun didn't want to deal with them.

Consumer Rating

We purchased granite for countertops on 3/22 at the Mohegan Lake , NY receipt number 1251-548150. We were told that in 3 days someone will contact us for an appointment to make the template. After numerous calls we have yet to have an appointment. We need an appointment this week as it will then take 3 weeks to come and install. We need someone to get back to us ASAP. We are extremely angry at how we have been treated . This is not a way to do business!

Contact the Home Depot Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Home Depot. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 2455 Paces Ferry Rd. Nw
    • Atlanta
    • GA 30339
  • I want to call the Home Depot customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1-800-430-3376
  • I need to visit the Home Depot company website. What is their website address?