Home Depot Customer Service

Contact Home Depot Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-430-3376

Home Depot is a retailer of home improvement/construction services and products. It is based in the United States, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. With 2,248 locations, Home Depot employs over 371,000 people. Revenues in 2014 were reported as US 78 billion and net income as US 5 billion. Home Depot is publicly traded on NYSE:HD.

If you need customer support for a problem with a Home Depot product or service you may call 1-800-466-3337 or you may email a question on the contact page or look up a specific department/appliance phone number. You may wish  to contact the CEO, Craig A. Menear. You may address your correspondence to him at 2455 Paces Ferry Rd. SE, #B #3, Atlanta, GA 30339 or call him at 770-432-8211.

Home Depot ‘big box styled outlets’ have evolved since beginnings in 1978 by Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank and Pat Farrah. With the slogan‘More Savings. More Doing.’,  Home Depot extends philanthropic support through The Home Depot Foundation and gives military personnel a 10% discount.

The Home Depot sponsorship may be found with Habitat for Humanity and as official sponsor for NASCAR Tony Stewart’s car. Social media presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube self help videos are popular.

Upset with Home Depot?

File a complaint here!

Reach Home Depot Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team
  • Home Depot corporate office

• 2455 Paces Ferry Rd. Nw
    • Atlanta
    • GA 30339

1-800-430-3376

A-

9am-5pm CST

Top Home Depot Complaints

I hate to give one star because our sales person was so nice as was the delivery driver. Beyond that the experience is frustrating and I would say there is no such thing as customer service at home depot. We bought a washer/dryer last Tuesday 8/16...why is that in caps? Because if you pay Home Depot they should take care of an issue not the customer spending 2 days and phone calls to Home Depot store, Home Depot number attached to delivery form, LG, Deliver service, Customer Service complaint/resolution (Not) and still I wait.

Saturday 8/20 on delivery the dryer was damaged (the box looked great but the front of the dryer was smashed..now how does that happen) so it was never taken off the truck. It is now Tuesday 8/23 at almost 4:30 pm and I still have no idea when the replacement dryer will be delivered but well someone from LG is supposed to call me tomorrow (um yeah because they called me today like they were supposed to? nope) to tell me Thursday or Friday deliver....I work people I can't just take off...well I was told if when they call it is not an automated delivery notification you could ask for a time that works for you.

This is not customer service....customer service would be the delivery driver calling someone saturday to say hey damaged dryer when is the next date to get one out to these people? I was warned to go to Lowes...next time I will listen

Comment (0)

Took two items without receipts to Home Depot for a refund or store credit. Home Depot would only refund one item and not the other without the receipt. I asked for the manager. He came and I asked him to authorize the refund or store credit. The value was $3.30 on a Home Depot product but he would not without the receipt. And he gave no explanation why the discrepancy as to why they would refund one item without the receipt and not the other.

So I took the store credit for the one item and made a small purchase to use it and when I got home I went to www.homedepot.com/survey that was on my receipt and completed the survey with the only complaint being not being given a refund on one of two items. The end of the survey asked if I wished for Home Depot to contact me and I answered it yes and gave my contact info. They never responded.

It really is a petty issue but they should realize that pissing their customers off just sends them to Lowes. I went on line and looked at scads of Home Depot reviews and lots of folks are giving their business to Lowes due to dissatisfaction with Home Depot customer service.

Comment (0)

A few month ago I and my wife went to home depot between 159th Street and 151th Street on root 7th, to buy an internal door. After a few weeks I got the costume door that I ordered. Unfortunately the door was broken when it got to me, and I sent it back. The drive that delivered the door to me said a lay claiming that I knew, and I knew that the door would be broken. I did not understand what he was claiming since I paid for a new door, and not a broken one. I sent back the door.

I went to complain at Home depot headquarters and the CEO, and after a while they told me they would send me anew door. Yes after a few months they sent me a new door, but it was not the one I chose. The door is made very poorly and the glass is not the one I had chosen the first time. I decide to keep the door because I did not want to wait a few more weeks to install a door. But since I have another door to install, I will not buy anymore from home depot. I will buy the small stuff on the shelves, but no more the costume made stuff. After many years I learned, and now I will try other places.

Comment (0)

Several months ago we bought a new lawn mower at Home Depot in Valdosta, Georgia. It quit working and we took it back. Was told had a 30 day return policy but they could send it off for a fee which we paid. Was told it would be a couple of weeks. Last week we got a call from the store saying they just shipped it and it would be 6-8 weeks. This is not acceptable as cannot mow the grass and have company coming for the 4th. They waited 2 weeks to send it off after saying it would be back in 2 weeks.

Comment (0)

I recently purchased almost $900.00 of rails and posts to construct a post and rail fence in our yard, I placed the order online and when I went to pick it up there was a lot of confusion and what should have taken about 10-15 min. ended up taking an hour. The employee waiting to put the material on my trailer could not seem to get a "spotter" to help him move the packages through the store. This is a lot of money to for my wife and I and we had be putting some aside for over a year to do this job.

When I started the project the next day I was very disappointed with the railings, they were not anywhere near uniform in size, they were not similar in shape and in some cases I had to saw the ends because they were too thick to fit in the holes of the posts. This is unacceptable to me and I am sure others, fortunately I was able to modify where I needed to but I am certain that there are others that would not have been able to.

These materials were purchased at the Home Depot in People's Plaza, Newark, DE 19702. Please contact me about this problem.

Comment (0)

6 months ago I visited home depot 1066 Central Parkway San Antonio, 78232. I was looking a light bulbs, a salesman recommended the Led bulbs as he told me they would last as long a 20 years and point it out on the promotion. I bought 3 of the top of the line.He told me they would save me over a $100.00 during their lifetime. I asked him if they failed could I bring them back for a replacement and he said yes.

Today one failed and I took it back to the same store. The young lady told me they would not replace it and If I had a complaint I had to take it up with the manufactory. (I did not buy it from the manufactory, but from Home Depot) I have spent over $3,000 dollars this year with Home Depot, I'm sure Lows will look forward to my business. I left the as the the young lady was picking up the parts from the floor. PS: I dislike liars or company's that don't stand behind what they sell.

Comment (0)

I bought a home at the end of May and my credit score was 772-736-716. I asked HOME DEPOT for a project loan for $10,000. Instead, Home Depot sent me a credit card and a letter that implied my credit score was 695 and because of my score they would only give me $5000. I called customer service to find out where did they get the low score from I spoke with someone name Derrick in the credit department. He informed me that my card is void and hung the phone up without an explanation.

This was unprofessional and very humiliating. I have never been so insulted in my life. I am not sure what my options are at this time however, I was informed to contact you and that you may be able to assist me with reactivating the card, correcting a wrong, making me whole again and providing an explanation. I'm asking if you would give this your highest priority. I really need this credit line it was to allow me to complete the work on the home I just bought. Thank you in advance.

Comment (0)

I was scheduled to deliver 9 pallets to a Home Depot in Laredo. It's by a Walmart and Academy. Got there 4 hrs early let them know in receiving I had arrived but not expecting to get unloaded until my appoint. Time between 9:15 and 10:15. Went back at 9 and they said it would be 10 . Called not to complain but let the Mgr know that I was told I would be unloaded at 10 but I honestly couldn't understand what he was saying. Another he went by and another. Walked back to receiving twice once seeing several people in the window, rang the bell with a guy looking right at me and walking out of that area and another girl walking off as well.

Walked back to my truck and saw 2 people BBQ asked them if they were in receiving and I feel like they were because he couldn't come up with answer very quickly. 5 times I went to receiving and I gave up and went to bed. Wake up at 3:30 am 5 hrs late to the forklift driver honking his horn continuously driving back and forth to wake me up to pull 1 tarp off of the 9 pallets. That is pathetic and so unprofessional. These people don't care. It's people like this that indirectly not knowingly contribute to accidents with semis involved I think.

All I'm saying most of the time when were unloaded were on our ten he break and if Home Depot says that if the drivers aren't on time they won't get unloaded then it should practice what they preach and not be 5 hrs late waking up a driver that had been asleep trying to get his rest.

Comment (0)

First I have been a Home Depot customer for many years, I experienced a very embarrassing incident on May24@7:30pm. Upon checkout I was informed that I could not get my 10% military discount because not every item was discounted and only when I paid was I able to see what was discounted. The cashier was rude and when asked to talk to a manager I got a disgusted rolled eyed look. The manager would not talk to me but told the cashier she was right and that's the way it was.

Incidentally there was a customer in front and in back of me who was veterans also and we were all stunned. I have always respected Home Depot and valued its 10 % discount. I did not purchase anything and went to Lowes who thanked me for my service and as always gave me my 10 percent. If this is your policy, that's ok but all veterans organizations need to know this.. I'm hoping this was a misinformed manager and a misguided rude employee. Awaiting your reply.

Comment (0)

Purchased a Smart LG Laundry washing machine from the The Home Depot in Collierville, TN, it was delivered December 30, 2015. I called The Home Depot in Collierville to complain about the machine as it was not cleaning our close they told me they weren't responsible that I should call LG from the number in the book I received. I called LG and they sent a repairman out and reset the machine however it still would not clean our close so I called LG again and a repairman came out and reset the machine but it still will not clean our close.

My cousin went to The Home depot with some of our laundry to show him the results of a cleaning by the machine and talked to a manager by the name of Kevin who told her there would be no problem on getting a refund and that they would call her the next day to take care of the matter no call came therefore my cousin called Kevin and he denied saying he would refund the money on the machine. I called LG and spoke with a gentlemen and after telling me there was nothing more he could do he referred me back to the Home Depot. Their idea is to bounce you between The Home Depot and LG with both throwing the responsibility back on the other.

Comment (0)

In the last 10 years we have spent tens of thousands of dollars in the stores located in Palm City Fl, Chattanooga Tn, Port Charlotte Fl and Vero Beach Fl. Remodeling our homes and other properties. In January of this year we purchased a $6900.00 complete new air conditioning unit from Home Depot. Recently we were trying to order $1600.00 worth of cabinets. Finishing the order and arranging for delivery, we were told that they will NOT deliver to the second floor. We were also ordering all new appliances with the same issue--no 2nd floor delivery.

This policy has eliminated Home Depot from being our go-to company. We are in our 70's and cannot understand this policy which is certainly not user friendly for us. I am certain that we are not the only customers who are dealing with this lack of service. And we certainly have rethought our future shopping at Home Depot.

Comment (0)

It has now been a month since purchasing an expensive, top of the line impact driver from Ridgid. I purchased the product because it offered a Lifetime Service Agreement and was, I guess, supported by Home Depot. I have followed the detailed instructions to the letter and submitted registration for this product online. Twice. I‘ve been rejected twice. (“Unfortunately, we encountered an issue when cross referencing your product and/or proof of purchase information with our records and were unable to upgrade your products to Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA) status”)

I’ve double checked all numbers. Twice. I re-submitted online, as I was told I could do by both Home Depot and the Ridgid documentation that came with the product. Twice. I’ve been told by a recorded message to call back during business hours - at 3:30pm on a Monday afternoon, and 3:45 and 4:10. I am now told by the second rejection email, that I need to re-submit by “certified mail”, the “original” receipt, which would mean I would have no way to return the product, the customer id and the rejection email and wait another eight weeks for Lifetime Service Agreement approval - which would run over the 90 day registration period. You have to be kidding!

Two and a half hours time spent online, entering registration numbers, verifying registration numbers, trying to phone Ridgid for help and explanations, time spent writing letters to Ridgid, Craig Menear at HD, gas and time to the post office, standing in line and $5.55 to mail certified letter. Is this the kind of experience Home Depot would like to be running through its' customer's mind the next time they're standing in front of another Home Depot product contemplating purchase? Really?

Comment (0)

We are very disappointed that your paint personnel gave us the wrong paint. Joe went in and asked for cement floor paint and was told that using the cheapest wall paint would be fine as long as we seal it with a polyurethane, which they also provided, with instructions on how to use it. This paint & polyurethane peeled off the floor. Joe went back, told them what happened, and was told to purchase stripper because it would take only the top layer off and would only need to repainted top coat. Not the case, it melted all layers off all the way to the cement, thus forcing us to remove everything and start over. We re-purchased the same supplies for the second time; repeated the process and the same thing happened.

When returning to the store a different paint employee was present, who told us we should not have used any of the previously purchased products, but should be using an epoxy paint for cement flooring and a sealer called wet look sealant. He explained how to use it, what to expect, and what to watch for. We just finished the room using this method and have only had a few spots that are questionable but overall it is pretty good.

We expect Home Depot to refund us the money for the 4 gallons of paint, the 2 cans of polyurethane, the 2 cans of stripper, and all the supplies. BTW the stripper was like rubber cement inside the can which means it was previously opened and used. We are quite frustrated and angry! Not only did we spend over $600.00 on the wrong materials, but also wasted two weeks of our valuable time dealing with this, not to mention gas and time returning to your store.
We expect you to resolve this situation to our satisfaction immediately!

Comment (10)

On 08/02/2015 I purchased several items from Home Depot Store on 9051 Snowden River Parkway Columbia MD. I am a busy person and forgot to returned items that did not work and did not fit my project. Since I have never had any issues returning merchandise back and received store credit I did not bother to remember to return items and completely forgot I had them on my truck. I found them the other day and since I needed other merchandise I went back to the store and tried to return or get store credit for what I had.

After initial process I was told that I was past my 90 days and that I would get store credit. The clerk took my driving license and told me I was denied because of my tendency to return items (not accurate quote but it was what I understood) and gave me a receipt with the following Transaction #132650095-503-THD and was done again later after my conversation with the rep at the #866-550-3133 I called to fix this issue. After waiting for a while she told me the reason I was denied it was because I was past the 90 days and that if the store did not help me I would need to write the Corporate office. The Store manager went through the motions again and got the following same message and Transaction #132650230-060-THD.

I am a customer who over the decades has spent thousands to fix my home and I have dealt with many issues but issues I could deal with. The items I am trying to return do not exceed $52.00. This is more about principle than money.

Comment (0)

Home Depot took my pro rewards away. I lost all my points! I went to buy 20 gallons of paint today and I don't seem to have a discount any more! Really! I liked shopping at your store in Chehalis. I really liked the people at contractor sales. Ill miss them because I was offered Discounts at a paint store. now Ill have to go there. You say Its because I haven't bought enough paint last year? You don't know! I send all my customers there!

Its the only discount I get from Home Depot -- or used to! I can go to the lumber yard and get contractor discount on every thing but I haven't just because of the people and the one perk I had of the paint discount! You didn't even warn me about doing this.

Comment (0)

Had a bathroom vanity made and the workmanship was very bad. Don't know who you use to make the cabinets but they apparently don't take pride in their work. Had to hire someone to fix the problems because Home Depot wouldn't take them back. This is a sample of how things look. Drawers don't close correctly.

Comment (0)

So I am at Home Depot today and the older gentleman in front of me shows his ID for a veterans discount. The clerk tells him he does not qualify for a discount so the gentleman asked to see a manager. They ask me to go to another line because this may take a few minutes. I tell them no thanks I want to hear this. So a young cocky full of himself moron comes to talk to the gentleman and says no you do not qualify. The gentleman tells him he has always gotten a discount there. So the moron says well we have told our people to tighten the rules and we only give what corporate requires we give and you do not qualify. The gentleman says he will then take his business elsewhere. The young moron replies that is your choice. The gentleman starts to leave and I step in.

I tell the moron if one of your idiot friends walked through the door right now you would have the option of giving him a discount and with your attitude you would do it. So step over to the register and give this guy his discount. He says he does not qualify for it. So I tell him look here is how this is going to work. Either you give this guy a discount and I call Home Depot corp and tell them how good of a manager you are in spite of the stupid policy. Or I go home call Home Depot corp tell them I stupid the policy is and their manager is a moron, then I blast face book and it goes viral and you get to be the moron you are.

I think you know which one he chose!

So people please blast Facebook with this story.
It was Home Depot store E Spokane #4714
5617 E Sprague Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99212

What a shmuck, he also told the gentleman that he would have to talk to the CEO of Home Depot to change his mind. I hate people who do not respect our military.

Comment (6)

Tried to get parts for a screen door tonight at the west long branch, new jersey store. After looking for screen door parts for 25 minutes and not finding the parts, and not finding any associates, I asked for help from a young man who walked me to the front to two other associates who then referred to a third large woman who was quite demeaning and pointed to aisle 11 for the parts is a nasty and demeaning tone. I looked up and down the aisle and could not find them. Obviously none of these three women were interested in showing me the customer where the parts were. After spending another 20 minutes looking, there were no parts in aisle 11.

I went to the front again and again they did not know what to do again. 5 people on your staff just standing around talking and talking on cell phones instead of taking care of customers. Finally i found one good guy, Frank who got me to the part in less than 5 minutes. It appears the store is lacking the basics of customer service and the how can I help you attitude. I have been a customer for many years and never gad a poor and humiliating experience such as this one.

Please see photo of employees in front of store on cell phones while they are suppose to be working.

Comment (1)

I have been a loyal customer at Home Depot since 1991. My Pro # is 9149800603. Today, at the Home Depot in Hawthorne, NY, at about 2;45pm, My wife and I went to return some items and buy some items. I returned three linoleum tiles that the cashier said "did not come up". This was fine with me, but I asked some questions. I asked "is it possible that I bought these items here, but, that Home Depot no longer carries them? The cashier said "sounds goods to me". I said "what? I'm not asking you how it sounds". I then asked "is it possible that I bought then at a different Home depot that carries them?" The cashier replied "Sounds good to me". I said, "What? I'm not asking you how it sounds. He then said, "do you want a head cashier?" I said yes.

The head cashier, Cesar came over after 10 minutes and reiterated the same responses and the cashier and defended his answer of "sounds good to me". Cesar would not answer either of my questions and become belligerant. In the mean time, the line for returns grew longer and our voices grew louder. Basically, instead of answering my questions, Cesar defended the cashier, made it seem like I was doing something wrong, and caused a scene in front of several customers.

Embarrassed and frustrated, i said "this is unfucking believable", and went to look for the store manager, many of whom I know. I asked another employee to summon the manger. I told her that I did not want to speak to the the head cashier and that I needed to speak to the store manager. She got on a phone an talked to someone and told me that the manager was coming. Then, Cesar, who is tattoo riddled and who acts like a tough guy, approached me and said that he was the manager. I said "no you are not, you are the head cashier". I told him that I had never seen him in the store before today. He said " I have worked here 7 days a week for 3 years". I said "with no days off?" He said "yes, no days off". Clearly Cesar was lying and be belligerent to a me. We were at the self checkout area, and several customers witnessed the incident.

Then, Cesar said, while he was approaching me and getting very close to me "why don't you take your tiles and leave?" At this point, I was afraid for my safety and felt like he would strike me. I turned around and left. Then I remembered that I had a door lock in my hand that I needed to pay for, so I turned around and paid for it in the self checkout line. The store manager on my receipt says Fred Schlott. If you don't fire Cesar, I will be filing a police report.

Comment (10)

I bought a roll of multi color led christmas lights planning to return and buy 4-5 more rolls. I came back the next day to get them and they were all sold out so I bought 4 rolls of clear ones instead. I wanted to change to roll of colored lights but I couldn't find my receipt. The store would not let me exchange and would only credit me the lowest price the lights had ever sold at which was about $1.47. I paid over $6. This is outrageous. I wasn't asking for money, just an exchange because the store didn't have what I needed. As usual. I have never had this problem before especially for a simple exchange. I will shop elsewhere from now on. There are plenty of other businesses that would appreciate my patronage.

Comment (0)

I write this complaint with much disappointment with the decline of the customer service at the Home Depot. However as a professional myself I believe you need to know about my negative experiences. Keep in mind the 2600 Hurstbourne PKWY located in Louisville Kentucky is the only store involved. I have a property management company and deal with both the Preston and Hurstbourne locations. The Preston Highway store without question is excellence concerning customer service: Within the last week I purchased approximately $1100 worth of appliances the Hurstbourne store. A problem occurred with our new range and we realized we had no manuals. My wife called your Hurstbourne store and after a 20 minute hold time she was told she should have received the manual with the delivery. He continued to tell my wife if she was having problems with the range she needed to call GE.

When she ask for the phone number she was told to go on line and print the manual and the number probably would be on the manual. He said he would look into the situation and call her back. That was a day ago. On December 3rd 2015 I went to the same store to purchase a Christmas tree light tester. When leaving the store one of your women employees ask to see my receipt. I started to look in my bag and remembered the receipt was in my wallet. When reaching for my wallet this woman attempted to jerk my bag from my arms in front of several people. Handing her my receipt I told her asking to see my receipt was one thing but being rude was another. After leaving the store and driving home for about 5 miles the more upset I became and decided that I should call the store manager and report this incident.

After calling and being placed on hold for around 5 minutes I decided to drive back to the store. This all took place around 5:30 – 5:45. Upon arriving I went straight to the service desk and ask a gentleman the name of the store manager. I was told he was not in and I requested his name which he wrote down on a piece of paper. Curious as to the problem I told him what had happen. I told him about being on hold and suddenly relized I was still on hold and allowed him hear the Home Depot recording on the speaker. He looked down at his phone blinking and read me my phone number and ask me if that was it. The store traffic was very slow that night and only one other customer was ahead of me at the service desk and just think I drove back 5 miles to the store with my phone still on hold after waiting 5 minute to go.

My point is your employees are not answering your phones. They are allowing your customer to remain on hold and maybe encouraging them to hang up. The employees may have been tired or whatever but your Hurstbourne store needs help. Consider this as a courtesy corporate complaint because if this was my business I would sure want someone to tell me. I did speak to the assistant manager and pointed this women out to him. I enclosed a picture of this women if it uploaded correctly because I didn’t get her name.

Comment (0)

Went to home depot in Oneonta, NY. Bought a washer and dryer for almost 1,000 dollars. Arranged for delivery, got up to the front to pay and they said they would NOT honor my husband's military discount as items were on sale. So for the sake of around $60 you lost a $1,000 sale. We are informing all VETERANS of this. Working in retail myself I know word of mouth causes damage. Lowe's is up the road will go there to make our purchase and do our business with them in the future. My husband has stage 4 cancer because he protected our country so thanks for nothing.

Comment (2)

Please cancel my Home Depot credit card due to what I have just read on facebook. I am a veteran and if this is how you treat veterans I will shop at Lowes from now on. By the way they do give veterans a discount. Home Depot should be ashamed of themselves for not honoring our veterans.

Comment (0)

An advertisement at the entrance to homedepot brought us into the store to purchase granite countertops, the ad stating 7 days installation from day of payment we purchased on November 14th and as of today November 22nd we have no countertops and template is to be taken tomorrow according to the store. When we spoke to the Assistant manager, Marvin he had no answers we were told the store manager would reach out on Monday. After I called and spoke to the manager he was less then helpful and rude. "What do you want?" During the holidays it gets busy we can only do what the installer can do. This is not my problem as I have paid in full and expect what I paid for in the time frame I was told would be done in. NO APOLOGIES at all for this inconvienience as I was expecting to have my counter for the holiday and now I will have Plywood that my husband will have to put down. We have purchased our entire kitchen from homedepot over $25,000 in supplies we should be valued customers not made to feel second rate. Please look into this matter.

Comment (0)

Do veterans get a Home Depot discount? There is a story on facebook that a veteran went to (store #4714, 5617 E. Spraque Ave. Spokane Valley, Wa. 99212) and was told he no longer qualify for a veteran discount any more.---- if so-- why is it I have not seen any thing saying that vet. get a discount - I'm 65 year old and a vet - and have been shopping for years at Home Depot -and have never been ask or told about it. Also I applied for work at Home Depot year ago and did not hear from them.

Comment (1)

Manager gave me a price on an item. When I came to get it he would not honor that price. I complained on Facebook and home depot complained to Facebook and got me suspended. You think that will keep me from letting everyone know how much you suck. Wrong.

Comment (0)

A couple of years ago i purchased double pane windows which had a lifetime warranty. I called in to fix sliding door window and was scheduled an apppointment for Nov. 11, 2015 between 2-4. The appointment was a no show and i did not get a phone call on reason for the no show. I called daily from Nov. 12 - 16 for status and was given a run around. Below are the reasons/excuses i was given by Home Depot employees: David Benzo installation manager is in a meeting and will call you back (to date no phone call). Another manager with phone number at corporate promised to look into the problem and promised to call me back on 11-13 (to date no response) Called the Home Depot complaint line on 877-654-6688 on Nov. 13, 14, 15 and 16 and was told that someone would call me back. I talked to Char to schedule an appointment but was told that the next available is for Dec. 9 which to me is unacceptable since i had an appointment on the 11th which your company did not meet therefore i should have priority. Dealing with your company has been a nightmare and i am reaching out to you for resolution.

Comment (0)

I have order a Anderson window that came incomplete. It was order to have a motor the motor did not come with it the contractor asked the home deport clerk if everything was included in price and was told yes. When I picked up the window the motor was not in the box. I went to palatine store and was told I would have to pay for the motor . The contractor was with me and said that this has never happen before. We settled on paying for the motor and NOW I have to wait till Dec. 4. REALLY. I called the palatine store twice yesterday 11-11-2015 talked with Adam once was told that he would help me get it soon and he would call me back. I told him I was going to email the corp. office. I have been a Loyal home depot customer but I am losing faith. Now I have a bath that is at a stand still. I will let people know how unreliable your business is. Thanks for listening but I am sure it will not go anywhere.

Comment (1)

I had a death in my family. A family member purchase a washing machine for me at this time.I did not have the opportunity to use the machine immediately. When I did I was not satisfied with the preference of the machine. I contacted the store and was told by an assistant store manager that I could swap it out. I was also told I could do this at any HOME-DEPOT store. I went to the nearest HOME-DEPOT store in Hammond Ind. and was told the same thing if I had purchase the machine from them. I went to the store where the machine was purchase and was told the manager made a mistake and got no cooperation from them. I explain that the machine was of inferior quality defective and sub-par performance. The customer service rep had a Oh Well attitude and basically said I'm stuck with it I was even welling to up-grade and pay more money. Can you HELP?

Comment (5)

3 days before Veterans day My 84 year old step father showed his VA ID for a discount at the cash register and the clerk told him he was not entitled to it because he was not service connected. This man served in the Korean War was discharged with honors. It was the appropriate Id as it is the id issued to him by the Northport VA in Long Island and he was in Florida to attend the Veterans Day parade at the Tampa VA. As I was driving home I glanced back in my rear view mirror and saw the tears rolling down his eyes. This man never cries and is a man of few words. This is what America has come to, three days before Veterans day.

Comment (0)

On the line for 17 minutes before I could speak with someone in the kitchen department. Waiting wasn't as much of a problem as the music on the line. It was loud, too loud and unappreciated. Really hate being on hold, not because I'm special but because the music is horrible!

Comment (0)

My name is Tami Price. I’m writing to you in regards to a situation that happened in November/December 2013. During this time I lived in Kingsland Georgia. I became friends with a wonderful young lady by the name of Mendy Langley. I met her at church several years prior to this event. She is a domestic violence survivor, and also a survivor of Spina bifida … her type is very rare…. she has endured many years of suffering while as child and continues to live in pain 24/7 and will till the day she dies. She is a mom of 3. Her oldest is a daughter that has learning difficulties and will forever live with her. Her second is in 3rd year of college.. ( most of his schooling was home schooling until high school) his college is paid for by his high grade point average and other grants. Her youngest is now in 6th grade and like her brother is smart beyond her years. You might be wondering why im telling you all this. Great question.

In the winter of 2013, your store in Fernandina had a manager there by the name of Douglas Bischoff (sp) and his assistant Sandy. One day he approached one of his customers and asked them if there was anyone they knew that needed some “help”. He was looking for someone that fit the need for some program where the store shows up with a semi-trailer and several dozen employees and the media is involved somehow. That customer gave them my friends name as they attended the same church and he knew of the sad situation she was in . ( husband abused her and children and then dumped her after 20 plus years of marriage and him in the navy.He dumped his family and left her with no health coverage and putting his 3 children on the “system” so he could go have a fling with someone 20 years his junior) anyway Doug contacted my little friend.. ( who during this time was EXTREMELY shy and had panic attacks over the littlest thing..) this is when I came into this picture with home depot…she didn’t want to be home alone when these people came over.

I was there when Doug and Sandy both came and Doug informed Mendy that they would indeed be taking her on. They told her to get ready to have a big semi-truck and 30 plus people there in 3 weeks. They also brought her and her children a Christmas tree and ornaments and a few presents a few weeks later .. again telling her to get ready. Then the week came and went… Doug would say the funds have been allocated we are just waiting on this and that… and oh the Ac /heat had to be done by a licensed person in Georgia.. as his store was just over the fl/ga line. A month goes by… nothing… but they send her some room heaters… a patch… she and the girls are still dealing with temps in the home in the 50’s… another month goes by.. Nothing.. but promises .. Doug telling us not to give up.. this WILL happen… then next thing we know...

NO DOUG at Florida store.. HE had been promoted and now is up in Brunswick, Ga. Sandy the assistant in Florida has no idea what to do… we are still being told it will happen… well by this time I end up relocating several states away.. Doug KNEW this was coming and he told ME that it would happen before I left. Well it is now going on the 2 years and not one thing has ever come of this promise that I personally take from Home Depot. My friend is way too shy and doesn’t want to cause ANY problems for anyone… however I on the other side am beyond frustrated over this entire ordeal. This has showed not only her and her children not to trust Home Depot but anyone that makes promises. They have already been hurt enough from a man that walked out on the family and has not looked back. I am seeing my friend face yet another winter without all the things promised to her and her children.

If it were something like we MIGHT be able to help … but for them to build up the hopes of children and an abuse women is something totally different. I am to the point of now going around my friend and letting hopefully the right people know how this person represented Home Depot and giving Home Depot the opportunity to set this right. I'm enclosing MY contact info at the bottom of this letter. If you have ANY questions contact me… I don’t want my friend put through one more thing from home depot other than a semi truck pulling in her front yard.

Comment (0)

I have a real dilemma here with Home Depot. I bought a lake house on Lake Brownwood that needed some serious renovations done to the floors and kitchen which I ordered and had installed through Home Depot. Unfortunately I ran into some problems with uneven floors in the kitchen and had to work on them to have the laminate flooring installed the following week. During this time I was also working with HD to upgrade the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. I ordered cabinets in Sept, paid for a contractor to come out and measure to verify the measurements given for the cabinets - the contractor didn't want to provide the store with the measurements as I was looking at doing the majority of the work myself (moving power and water lines, adding additional power receptacles, etc.). Chris (Manager) stepped in - we got the measurements finally but I didn't want Perry (contractor) involved with the install- during this time I was told that the caI have a real dilemma here and need your assistance.

I bought a lake house on Lake Brownwood that needed some serious renovations done to the floors and kitchen which I ordered and had installed through Home Depot. Unfortunately I ran into some problems with uneven floors in the kitchen and had to work on them to have the laminate flooring installed the following week. During this time I was also working with HD to upgrade the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. I ordered cabinets in Sept, paid for a contractor to come out and measure to verify the measurements given for the cabinets - the contractor didn't want to provide the store with the measurements as I was looking at doing the majority of the work myself (moving power and water lines, adding additional power receptacles, etc.). Chris (Manager) stepped in - we got the measurements finally but I didn't want Perry (contractor) involved with the install- during this time I was told that cabinets would be ordered and any modifications due to incorrect measurements could be done by amending the order. Subsequently Home Depot had another contractor (Byron) come out and measure the cabinets the beginning of Oct. the measurements were obtained and a Delivery Date of 11/24 was given.

Come to find out the order was never placed In telephone discussions with Jessica (CSO) who was also under the impression that the order was placed. Then a new delivery date was established for 11/9. On 11/2 I received a call from the cabinet company asking to verify my order, subsequently I found out that my order was placed on hold for 2 weeks due to a "glitch" and a new delivery date was established for some time in Dec. I received a call from the delivery company for delivery either 12/3 or 12/10.

I find this totally unacceptable as I still have to have the Granite counter tops measured and installed after the cabinets are installed. When this project was undertaken we had a vision of the kitchen being completed for the holidays, hopeful for Thanksgiving but definitely by Christmas- this doesn't appear to be the case as I was told it could be 3 to 4 weeks for the counter tops to be measured, cut and installed. My other issue is that I have already paid for my cabinets and counter tops in Sept through the HD Project loan program- They are requesting Payment on 11/19- I have not yet received any merchandise ordered on that loan and am reluctant to begin payments until after all merchandise and services have been delivered.

Comment (0)

Read the about the veteran being denied his veterans discount because he didn't qualify! Do you need to be reminded that if it wasn't for veterans of all ages especially the retired ones that there may not even be a home depot! Hence you wouldn't have a job!! To sit on your ass and pass judgment on others who have served our country! Clearly you are self absorbed greedy cowards who take take and take from customers who you claim to care so much about and you don't want to give back a little to the people who have served our country! And if that is not enough you hire manager's who don't have a clue as to what it means to be a veteran!! And probably talked there way into position with little or no work ethics. So if you choose not to honor every one of our veterans active or retired then I choose not to shop at your store!! While remodeling my home! Lowe's is my store of choice. They homer all our veterans!

Comment (0)

I had purchased a dryer to be delivered today , 11/3/2015 , sometime between noon - 4pm to 19 Pronghorn Run , Carmel Ca. 93923. I received a voicemail confirmation on 11/2/2015 , from Temco Logistics ( someone Home Depot subcontracts for deliveries ) stating the above. Their contact number 1-510-675-9150 , ask for Gabby. The trucks shows up to deliver at the wrong address. He is instructed the correct address and how to get there. He refuses to deliver stating he does not have enough gas. Mind you the above address is only 2 miles down the road, 5 minutes tops. so he gets in his truck to leave and head back to his companies location which is about 70 - 75 mile from my location. Now he has gas to drive there but not to deliver. I called his office (the number listed above) 5 minutes after he leaves my location. The office returns my call 5 minutes later stating he said he has left the property and cannot go back. Mind you it takes 20-25 minute for a truck that size to leave this property. I tell them the driver is still on property. They do nothing, but offer to deliver on Friday 11/6/2015. I need the dryer today not Friday I explain. Nothing. I call Home Depot, talk to 4 different people in the so called customer service department. Nothing. I just get transferred from one person to another. I am a very very very unhappy customer , mind you we have commercial account with you and spends a very generous amount of money each month. You call this customer service. I would like to suggest you be careful on who you sub contract to make deliveries on your ( Home Depot ) behalf.

Comment (4)

Found washing machine with damage at Home Depot in Boerne about e weeks ago. Talked to the department manager, Greg, who told me he could not sell it until they had a replacement for display, which would take a week or so. Greg said he would call me when he got the replacement. Greg said he would sell it for $325.00 and might could go a bit less due to the damage. I checked last week and learned a replacement was due in today. Went to store, found they had received a replacement, went to buy it and was told it would be $371 or thereabouts. Greg was there (in the back somewhere as the salesman went back to check with him) but would not come to the floor. Told the guy to keep the thing as I do not do business with liars. Will not ever in my life show with you people again and will advise my contacts on the various social media of this, in detail.

Comment (0)

We did an online order to ship to store #6651. We are very disappointed in this store the way we have been told over and over are order was their and we live 35 miles way to go down to find out that NO the order was not there. four times this has happened. We would call to make sure. Say are you sure. and the would say yes customer service. The this last four time they said they would deliver the stuff as soon as it can in. And everyday this goes on we are losing money off our job. And not only this we lost a very big job. Because of this order. Now we spend thousands of dollars at your store to have this happened. In Tehachapi, CA which is much farther from us was the nicest people. When we have jobs and promise our customers we would have the stuff there at a certain day. This doesn't mean your store can jerk us around. This has caused a lot of stress. And very disappointed with your store on how it handled our order.

Comment (0)

Last May, we had a small Kitchen build in our all weather lanai and wished to have a small 5 Cubic inch refrigerator placed into or sink/cabinet area. Having purchased the sink and plumbing at Home depot, I decided to purchase the small refrigerator there also. To my surprise, there were many that could fit and were priced well under $200. After pointing out one on the shelf, a salesman said to us "that refrigerator will not work as a built in cabinet model because it has no ventilation to the front. You need a model that you can only buy on line made by "summit" " and it costs $526.00" "this is the only way you can do it!" So we went on line, and did the purchase and had it shipped to our nearby Home depot store.

We picked it up and had it installed. It worked for 14 months and died. Summit said the warranty is only good for 12 months and that this unit is not meant for a built in situation anyway. Summit refrigerators are also not very kind about offering any kind of rebate or incentive to solve this matter. Sadly, Home Depot also is so far not taking any kind of personal responsibility even though they are the ones that suggested this expensive alternative in the first place. Our local Home depot has wonderful people in their customer service department, but I think their hands are tied.

Comment (0)

I was buyer landscape items for our home and got ready to check out, the cashier in the outdoor section, was not experienced and did not know much about the items I was buying, I had in my cart 18 pavers which she could not identify, finally out of frustration, I went to the isle where they are and got the item numbers and gave them to her, no help. She finally found a paver at about the same price and I said use that. I had your coupon which would expire on Oct 3ist if using a home depot card which I gave her, she said it would not accept the card, it was a new card and I had taken the sticker off which says "Your replacement card is ready to use.

Remember to take the enclosed coupon with you, at that point, some 15 minutes later I gave up and went to the main part of the store. In order not to have the same experience, I took pictures of the item displays along with the unit prices and item numbers. The woman at this check out was trying to help and had all items on the list completed, by now I could not find the Home Depot card, left it on top of the pavers, which I went back and got. She said no problem enter your ss number which I did and she said we don't even have and account. I was livid and paid with my debit card and left, I didn't even get to use the 10% off coupon which is one of the reasons for shopping at your business anyway. It seems to me others have had similar experiences and I thought, maybe, it was some of their own fault, but this was certainly the shopping trip from hell

Comment (0)

I purchased carpet from home depot about 1 yr and 10 months ago, and it is all worn down and ripping. I paid a lot of money for that carpet and I have to replace it because it looks so bad. I am disappointed that I have to go through the manufacturer to see if I am eligible to get compensated. I would like to find out as soon as possible. I've been a shopper of Home Depot for years and would like to continue shopping there.

Comment (0)

Very unsatisfied with the service at Harlem Rd Cheektowaga 14225. We wanted to purchase a new shed and purchase the additional warranty and labor to have it constructed. When in the store, we couldn't find anybody to help us, workers were walking right by us and not even answering our questions. I ended up driving 20 miles out of my way to another Home Depot and found the service much better, workers willing to go the extra mile for me. I do not think I will be purchasing from them again.

Comment (0)

Called customer service to make a purchase of 5 pallets of wood pellets from the Auburn Home Depot. Customer Service rep said I would get a 10% discount on the purchase. Went to the store and they said they could not give me a 10% discount on the purchase. See below: Please call store 6846 at (315)252-4540 concerning a promised discount on your order, anyone with the customer service can assist you.

Comment (0)

Our company is a residential construction company in NorthEast Ohio. in 2015 we have increased revenues exceeding 45%. We are a family owned and operated company. We have currently purchased from our local Home Depot store an excess of $40K so far in 2015. A new project to begin in November that could increase those numbers. Although I am sure, 40K is not a large amount of the yearly sales, it is about 70% of the material costs YTD for our company. We do not hold, nor have applied, for a Home Depot credit line as our company has the cash flow needed without this store credit. Last night we purchased a new Dewalt miter saw from the Chardon store. The price was $599 and a free table came with that purchase. We noticed that the same dimension, amp and dual bevel sliding compound miter saw from Dewalt was a "special buy" at $399. But no free table. (the Table is $199) So our determination is that the there is no real deal. $599 or $598. Actually the 399 with the table was a 1$ value. We purchased the $599.

My complaint is that when dealing with the manager of the store, I pointed out our purchase history for the year and that we don't get any consideration different than Joe Homeowner. I was told that there is no incentive for professional companies other than a credit account. Even with that, unless we purchase over $2500 in a single purchase, there is no discount. We purchase almost daily due to lack of space on the job site. Yesterday was just under $700 the day before that $600. and so on. I also noted that we used to get coupons and deals IE: $25 off next purchase of ...We don't get any of that anymore. He stated only companies with credit get those. Some special treatment should be given to commercial customers without credit lines with Home Depot. Just because we don't have a credit line, does not mean we are not purchasing large amounts of product from your store. We will be looking for other organizations that treat commercial customers with a bit more care.

Comment (0)

Why are customers allowed to bring large dogs into the store? In the past 2 days I have visited 2 different Home Depot stores, one in Woodbridge, Virginia and the other in Springfield, Virginia. The store in Springfield allowed a man to bring in a large Doberman Pinscher and the store in Woodbridge allowed a man to bring in a large German Shepherd - neither were service dogs. Is this your policy to allow large dogs in your store that could possibly cause harm to your customers? I am not a dog lover, actually I am afraid of dogs and I should not be subjected to be afraid while shopping. If this was a Pet Smart Store, I would understand but it isn't and I ask you to please reframe from allowing customers to bring in pets. If you continue this policy, please let me know and I will take my business elsewhere.

Comment (0)

This is a second hand complaint that I hope you take seriously. I was on Facebook today and read a post about the Home Depot manager at E Spokane # 4714 in Spokane Valley, WA 99212. The person that posted this was taking up for our military. All Home Depot stores should provide discounts to our military and the fact that this manager did not is very disappointing to me. My father served in WWII and was in the reserves so you can understand why I would be upset at the very hint of disrespect to a veteran. Please reply to me and let me know the status of this issue. I eagerly await your reply.

Comment (0)

I am writing with an inventory complaint at our local HD in Johnstown, PA. We always buy at HD. We started a patio with paver SKU#524-290. We purchased approx. 400 to start. When my husband went for another 200, (your inventory was showing 350+/- there was only 55? After many questions and looking for these pavers that were showing "in stock" an associate finally figured out that one of the cashiers put in the wrong SKU for a purchase of these pavers.

They used a SKU for red pavers therefore showing that the red/charcoal were available. I can't tell you how many times I've called/stopped regarding this product. We actually had to make two different trips to your associate stores out of our area (Altoona & Greensburg) to purchase more. Mind you these stores are not a hop, skip & a jump from here. They are approx. 1Hr. away from our home. We had no choice. We needed them. This not only cost us our time but gas money & mileage on our vehicle. This all began last Tuesday, the 18th and our store still cannot give us a date of when the pavers will be arriving let alone when and if they were ordered and this is over a week later. Your input on this matter is appreciated.

Comment (0)

I would like to report a complaint from Store # 4714 E. Spokane. 5617 E. Sprague Avenue, Spokane Valley, WA 99212. I apparently have been given information that recently a veteran came to this store and made a purchase. When he asked the cashier if he was eligible for a veteran's discount he was denied. I would like a response in writing and on Facebook from this store's manager and from the CEO, Craig A. Menear about the current store policy that is in place and that was in place about giving a discount to our military families and veterans? I hope to hear back from you soon.

Comment (0)

Takes 5 weeks to get a storm door installed. The level of service I received by you is at an all time low. The door needs to be measured before the install (takes about 2 weeks for someone to measure). Then the store says the technician measured the wrong door (takes another week) to remeasure. Takes another 6 days for someone to call me to let me know that the measurements are in and that someone would contact me to setup installation. I called the Bustelton Store in Philadelphia yesterday to speak with a manager who assured me someone from the install dept. would call to schedule an appointment. The install dept. called last night at 5:30 PM to inform me the next available time to install is another 2 weeks. Home Depot this is awful customer service. I will be returning everything I purchased and never shop here again. I'll make certain to tell my story to other people in a similar situation.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Samsung washing machine and the extended 3 year warranty. The washer is barely 2 years old and it broke. I contacted the warranty dept. and was then referred to Solar for the repair. Well, after scheduling a service call, which took 6 days for them to actually come out to my home, I learned they had to order a part. Now I am waiting for the part to come in. This is completely ridiculous. The washer is still not fixed and I have to wait another 6 days.

I seriously doubt I will ever purchase another appliance from Home Depot again. The service warranty is a Joke!! But the laugh is on the customer. I will never recommend to anyone the use of Home Depot appliances. As I write this letter, I am still without a washing machine, and I am sure there will be some other excuse from Solar again next week.

Horrible service by Solar, and I am frustrated totally with Home Depot's input, or lack thereof, since I have called several times regarding this matter.

Comment (0)

The service at Home Depot was awful and the information the Home Depot representative gave me was incorrect and sent me on a wild goose chase. After finding what I was looking for, I returned to him and explained that next time he needs to tell the customer that he didn't know what they were looking for instead of sending them on a while goose chase.

After many words went back-and-forth the Home Depot representative told me "I can take this apron off" as if he wanted to go to the parking lot and fight. Not sure if this is standard for Home Depot, but I thought someone should know what is going on at the Pearland store.

The manager, John, was very respectful and did take the time for me to discuss this issue and then asked was there anything else he could help with. I said, I would like to file a complaint and he gave me everything I asked for and took charge of the situation.

This happened on 5-21-15 around 7:00pm. Not sure what the gentleman's name was but John, the manager, should know him well after this ordeal. The Home Depot store in located on the west side of Pearland on Highwayay 518.

Browse reviews of other Home Improvement

Have feedback for Home Depot?