Customer Satisfaction Results

Home Depot

Complaint Department

Posted by MaryAnn Lervik on Jan 14, 2015
Customer Rating

A new dryer was purchased for my rental property from Morgan Hill CA, Home Depot. The Dryer kept blowing a fuse in the unit, making it not operable. I paid an Electrician $125 to check my electrical. He assured me that there was no problems with my electrical wiring in the house, I called GE Service Department to have the fuse replaced. There were no fuses in stock throughout the whole state of California. I had to pay $88 to have two new fuses rushed in as replacements. Another fuse blew, as soon as the dryer was turned on. At this point I was so mad and discussed,! This dryer was under a warranty, but no one could fix the problem, or willing to replace it. I contacted Home Depot and demanded a different brand of Dryer. A Maytag was delivered to replace the GE. The Maytag Home Depot refused to pick up the GE dryer from my house. It has now been a month since the Maytag was delivered, of course this dryer is working fantastic! No, problem with it at all! Another month has passed and Home Depot is refusing to come and collect the GE Dryer, and they have informed me they will not give me a refund until the GE dryer is returned. What kind of a company is this anyway! Charge me for two dryers, making me pay for additional costs to trouble shoot the problem, purchase fuses, and not make things right! A company of this size should have there act together! I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot again!!! I recommend everyone to shop somewhere else!!!

15 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Home Depot provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Home Depot?

Compare Home Depot to Similar Home Improvement more...

More Home Depot Complaints

Customer Rating

I traveled approx 35 rt miles to pick up a replacement unit coming from Nogales Az Home depot via a manager from that store, dropped off at the Irvington store in Tucson, Az. The box was open, so I asked them to check the heater top. It was used and they said just take it home and see if it worked. They refused to return my money so I could get a heater. I am diabetic and spent the night in the cold due to your employees non caring attitude. I am finding this is a big issue with home depot. I have been on hold with the dyna glo company to see if they will do what you refused to do. My next step is to go to ripoffreport.com and file and the social sites. I am disabled and this is just wrong. I am giving you a chance to make it right.
My phone number is 520-551-3282.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi, I hope I have enough space, because this is a long story. I ordered on line ( dec28,2014) a stove #Model JB250DFWW, for a rental I have, the renters glass top stove had a crack on it, they delivered the 31 of December, Xmas eve, they took the old one, and installed the new one, and after tryng it, there was electrical problem, so they called the Office and told the delivering men to take the new one back to the store and re-install the old one. We had a big argument with the customer support team, so we cancel that stove. got our money back as soon as they could send it, after we complained and complained. Now we went directly to the store #4614 the 4th January to order one in person, (mean while we had to deduct the rent to our renters because we thought it was a danger to cook in the broken glass top stove, so they had to order food ) okay we liked a stove and the sellesman told us that the one next to the one we were looking at , was less expensif and right for a rental, we agreed with him, the stove looked real nice, the add on top of the stove said it was $ 349 , so we deceided to get it, he went and did all the paper work , we paid for it , and told the renter they were going to deliver it the 1/7/15, she was happy. They delivered the stove on that day and installed it. the renter did not know what kind of stove we bought. so after they left, my renter had an emergency call and had to leave for new York, she came back on the 1/16/15 and gave me a call, asking if I knew the stove had only one big burner and 3 small one. I did not think it was right, so I went back to the store next day, and asked a sellperson in that dept. about the order, I showed her the one I ordered and after she checked on the computer, she says, they delivered the wrong one. What happen is that they had the wrong add on top of the stove and the number was wrong, the number was for another one (the one they delivered) we had to call one the manager and he did took care of every thing, so now I have to wait to see if they will deliver the right one model # RB526DHWW- store SO SKU # 1000050834, meanwhile I had to pay for this one, and wont get my money back for the other one till they take it back to the store. This is a real mess and somebody is not doing their job. Since Xmas I am having night mares about stoves... The last person who really knew what was going on , was very smart and knew the problem right away, she printed all the paper work so my rental can see wich stove we bought, her name is Ms. Martha Lambert, she needed the help of her supervisor Mr. Raffael Santana and he was a super first class supervisor he did everything he could to make things right for me. They have to be aknowledge for thei work to help and please a customer. So now I am going to have more night mares till the new stove get delivered the 1/22/15. and then wait till I get my money back. So now Is my question ? why I had to go through all this hard time just to buy a stove from Home Depot.??? Do I have to write to B.B.C. to complain ? are you going to get in touch with me to discuss all this mess ? what is going to happen ? do I have to write to Mr. Craig Menear to let him know whats going on with his Home Depot ? Please let me know...

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Your computer system that talks to your card holders tells the customer one thing and when I called the service dept and talked to a service rep I was told something different and he also give me the impression that he didn;t really care if I shop at Home Depot or not. .As of right now I believe that I will pay off my balance of $130.25 and then make my purchases elsewhere.
Don Wickerham

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Have had a bout with cancer in and out of hospital since last September, just recently got home from hospital yesterday 3/4/15, unable to make credit card payment on time due yesterday 3/4/15, going to make payment at store today, called and asked to have late fee ($25.00) waived was told cannot and will not. Guess one can't get sick or you have to pay, pay, pay, sick or not sick, that's ok you just lost a customer over $25.00 will never shop in your store again!!! *** Thank you, sorry I got sick!!!

Customer Rating

Purchased 8/15/12 Home Depot CS CO $1698 incl HD ext war. Within 2 mo's of purchase started having problems with cooling & icemaker. Please note this unit is not overused (1individual gone 6 mo's yr) or abused (no minors). Contacted store w/concern told to call Maytag warranty. Purchaser left for winter residence 12/12 - returned 6/13. Immediate problems. $1100 compressor & condenser need plus new icemaker. Alarmed by such extensive expensive problems to brand new fridge went back to store to ask for new fridge. Told nothing could be done until Maytag warranty over. Both Kevin HD appl sales & Mike Leonard mgr (both wonderful guys) stated knowing the troubles w/both Maytag warranty & the fridge stated "e are so much better once HD warranty kicks in 1 problem & we will switch it out for a new fridge". NOTHING could be farther from the truth.

We are now 1/2 yrs into the HD warranty. Over $2200 worth of parts & labor -literally everything has been replaced but the box it came in & it's still not working. Dealing with BOTH Maytag & Home Depot warranty companies are time consuming & labor intensive. Terrible frustrating maddening hair pulling blood boiling customer service. There is no need to provoke decent hardworking good paying customers to rage over such awful dissatisfaction. The worst game of pass the buck kick the can down the road circle jerk ever encountered. You should all be ashamed. Both warranty companies claim the service repair company will assess the need for a new fridge.

The service repair company denies that saying they are only authorized to make repairs. Met w/Greg HD store mgr 1/24/15 & 1/26/15 - expressed outrage & gave him an 8 1/2 page documentated report of repairs with receipts stating unequivoacably a new fridge was needed. No more repairs. (A Heather in HD warranty in ARK on 1/19/15 stated an "accelerated claim for buyout would be started - something later found not to be true - along with dozens of other false promises) Greg agreed. He promised to "look into it & get back to us. Instead almost within days the repair service co called to schedule more repairs. Once again we were being ignored. In phone calls to HD warranty/Greg/ & repair co they now all had the AUDACITY to state "well we are now dealing with an OLDER fridge." UNBELIEVEABLE. Also HD is saying we should deal with Maytag for replacement & Maytag is saying we need to deal with HD.

COME ON. I'm begging anyone at either or both companies with an ounce of sanity decency & that still values excellent customer service to reach me at 719-428-9890 for a resolution. In this case the customer is right. Very mad but right.

Customer Rating

On March 22, at 9:30 am I went to our local Home Depot at Cedartown GA. I was shopping for 15 bundles of roof shingles for my new garage that was being constructed. When I entered the building “Yavonne ” was the cashier. I told her that I would be needing some help loading the shingles. She told me she would get someone. After waiting several minutes and still no help I loaded the cart by myself. ( I am 68 years old). I went to the front checkout where “Yavonne” was still there. She said she couldn’t find anyone, but she would find someone to help me load my truck. After waiting again for several minutes and still no help I started to load my truck with the shingles by myself. When I was almost done a girl came out and told me that she would help me. The shingles weighed more than she did.. During this whole process I did not see any associates at all. With service like this I think that it is time I start doing my shopping at Lowes. thank you.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Daniel Grippe on 03/22/2014 at IP address 70.193.132.33 using our Home Depot, Cedartown, GA. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Home Depot, Cedartown, GA. customer review titled, “No associate assistance” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I wish to lodge a formal complaint about how you people discriminate with your handling of what you consider to be a "veteran" when giving a discount. I proudly served in the US Navy for 11 years in the 70's and 80's. I asked for the veteran discount at your store here in Kerrville TX today and was told I didn't qualify while showing them a copy of my DD214 honorable discharge in 1981. Basically they told me I wasn't the "right kind" of veteran. Please explain to me what makes me not a veteran. I will not return to Home Depot. And, will stop using your credit card. Respectfully, but, honestly disappointed with that kind of treatment.

Customer Rating

Over the last 18 months i have purchased in excess of $40,000 as a single consumer vs a business, in renovation material for 2 homes from home depot in north Miami Beach Florida.
Though my experience with the facility has been truly magnificent, specifically when dealing with certain outstanding individuals; Shauna Brady, Sam in the windows dept. They should be commended for trying so hard to resolve the issue considering limitations. However, my issue is with your third party provided of windows and doors, TM Windows. I purchased in excess of &10,000 for one renovation project in particular from homedepot/TmWindows. All were installed by my installer. One door in particular, front door, was mistakenly installed incorrectly by us initially. Seperately we noticed that the lock mechanism on this door did not work properly.

We contacted tm windows (through homedepot), their representative, Scott informed us that they did not have time to send someone out, he instructed us (and considering house was under renovation) to rig the lock shut by taping it, since he would get to us for 3-4 weeks out. We did as instructed, in the mean time, during renovation the house was broken into and sevreral tools, appliances were stolen. This incident prompted me to call Tm again and escalate the request. At that point they made is go through home depot again, to place another "ticket" for service.
Once they contacted me again (after numerous calls and emails ftom myself and folks at nmb home depot) they sent their guy. He brought a new lock installed and informs us door was installed wrong way.

I contacted them before paying to have door reinstalled in hopes that they might offer some guidance (i did not request they install or even guide the installation). They became so incensed by my requests that it prompted a torrent of disrespectful and useless emails from their management, Michael Arrango. I can provide if necessary. All along, all i was asking for was reassurance before i paid an installer that doors would be installed correctly, they refused.I hired another installer snd re-installed the door. Again only to find that the locking mechanism was still defective. Again this prompted a new set of email exchange, to the degree that Mr arrango became incredibly rude, sarcastic and delusional considering what he claimed they had done and what had actually occurred. Recap: they only sent 1 person out, once.. Installed new lock. He claimed they had completely gone out of their way. I do have over 20 email exchanges, perhaps this is efforts he is referencing.

At the end of the day, we still have a defective lock. They have not solve a problem that has taken an inordinate amount of time and my effort. It is disappointing when one deals with a respectable company such as home depot and then discovers that we are really dealing with companies that are non customer centric and irresponsible. It defeats the home depot slogan.. "Do it yourself" when a service provider of the home depot compromises those efforts. Their approach it seems us to maintain a complete "hands off" the problem for feat that they might have to take back a door or worse yet go through the exercise to send someone out again.

Seems to me (as a business owner) that the cost of solving such a problem could have been addressed easier, cheaper and faster initially if they have taken the time to send someone out again and just provided guidance to a legitimate "good" and valuable consumer/customer of the home depot. I am still in talks with tm Windows and their distasteful Manager Michael Areango. I am hoping they will resolve. As a consumer just thought i needed to advise you on your choice of providers, disgraceful!

Customer Rating

I just had the worst customer service experience at store #8440 in Wilmington, Delaware. My girlfriend attempted to purchase me the current offer being run by DEWALT of the 12inch, 15 amp miter saw model #DWS780 (store sku #190262, currently 6 in stock) with the free stand DEWALT model #DWX723 (store sku #235294, currently 6 in stock) as a surprise. She went to the store and visually saw that they were both in stock this afternoon. She came home and attempted to order them online. However, the buy one get one offer is not available for immediate store pick up option at the store (it is at the local Lowes). She came home and ordered it online for store pick up, but it said that she had to wait to for the items to be shipped. She thought no big deal take the email and the store will honor it, if it is in stock. Wrong!!!! Not only was it not honored, there was no effort by the customer service to even attempt to honor it.

I presented all appropriate paperwork, was told both items were in stock, but because it was supposed to be “delivered to store” that I had to wait until it was. After confirming both items were in the store, I attempted to politely explain the situation, however it got me know where. I asked to have the order cancelled and I would go to Lowes, and the customer service representative said “fine: but I have to call and cancel the order. She called the number to cancel the order and they asked her a series of questions. I could tell when they got to why the customer wants to cancel because she paused and I said “tell the truth” and she didn’t. This is the last straw for me. Unfortunately, this store is very convenient for me. I know several of the employees on a first name basis (I also work part-time for a contractor), but from now on, I will drive the extra mile to go to Lowes.
Bottom line, what was ordered was in stock at the store, I had an email saying it was purchased, but because of faults on Home Depots end I am without a product. I will take my money elsewhere.

Customer Rating

On 3/19, I had a washer/dryer set delivered to my home. The installer initially refused to install the washer, stating the connections needed to be replaced. To demonstrate, he twisted something, spewing water all over the floor of the laundry room. When I told him to hook it up because I had a plumber coming the next day, he couldn't get out of there fast enough. Left the room in a mess, water everywhere, failed to position the appliances (which I had to do), and after cleaning the water, found that my linoleum had been damaged when they moved the old washer out. Plumber checked all today and stated that everything was just fine, there was nothing wrong w/the connections. Sleazy and unprofessional - and cardboard and Styrofoam debris in the street in front of my house. WO# 1HSS131760, my order # 8572-120385. I am requesting that I be reimbursed for the floor. This was a very traumatic thing to go through. Would be happy to provide picture of damage upon request. Thank you. As it is, I would not refer Home Depot to anyone right now.

Customer Rating

I ordered a cook stove AGR4230BAW on 7 March. It hasn't been delivered and the next delivery date is 23 March. There is no reason for the delay.It was ordered from the Red Bluff, Calif store.

Customer Rating

Listen I love Home Depot!! But I wanted to buy A Storage Shed on line. The site says it will deliver to my house and put together!! So I go to my home depot and they say same thing!! Now today they say they do any of that!! Don't deliver or put the storage together .There sorry !! So I am confused and put out!!!

Customer Rating

I had two windows Installed $1000.00 for one. They were installed Jan. 26 2015. It is now March 10,2006. The springs??? on one Window do not work, Broken. The second Window has a couple defects in the bottom Glass. They have been telling me since the day installed, two to three weeks. The Springs that came in finally, were the wrong color, White instead of Bronze, to match my windows. Had to re-order. Twice, I have informed them about the glass in the second window. And as of today March 10th , since Jan 26, 2015, no one seems to know about the order. I was told it had been ordered. Guess what nobody has any paper work. Really!!! OMG for such a Large Company, they are very poorly organized and the communication is pretty sucky. Also the Caulking around the New Windows have been done Three Times, they just keep putting the Caulking over the old. Instead of removing and putting it around new. What I expect is my Windows done correct, since its been 1 1/2 Months. And for the Cost, I expect at least $500.00 refund for my Stress and not getting this job completed by now. Taking time staying Home waiting for Home Depot. This is so pitiful and unacceptable. I Will Never Buy a Screw from Home Depot. I think I have already been Screwed!!!! Home Depot is a very poor excuse for a Company. NEVER AGAIN!!

Customer Rating

well I bought a new hot water heater the allotted time for same day delivery and install ...but did not get the item delivered and installed till the next day I don't think I should have to have paid for the install since I didn't get for what I paid for ... and also to have one... one install services that can only install when stuff like this happen I really up set cause my wife had to go to work whit out a shower

Customer Rating

On February 21, 2015 I purchased a propane gas BBQ grill. The salesman said that it was early ion the season and that they would have to call in someone to put it together. Then DELIVERY WAS $79.00. Oh I forgot my arm was blown of in Iraq. I can't assemble it myself or I would have. This is a high traffic store. As of 1 MAR 15, no BBQ, I call and keep getting on hold. I HATE BUYING THINGS FROM HD OR LOWE'S OR EVEN ACE. THESE PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS.. I did what my country called to do but these scum have my money and my bbq. It's reflective of the stores management...CHEAP and starts at the top. I will send a very poignant/rude letter to the CEO! I encourage anyone who has trouble with this company to not be pushed around. Go to the top. If any of us don't do our jobs wouldn't we get fired? I will wear a sign and walk up and down the busy street they are on and say HOME DEPOT SUCKS! then we'll see what happens?

Customer Rating

Hi. Was in store 1335 N 205th st seattle ZIP 98133 time 7:30am. 02/23/15. Noticed a large black dog with NO leash NO collar (lawsuit waighting too happen) . The staff did not seem to mind .They appeared to know the owner they called him by first name he was waighting for a coustom order. Cheque this stores cctv you will see. I love dogs .This guy would have on control if dog was spooked by kids or other dogs ....ECT... LAWSUIT !!!! . John......

Customer Rating

I just stopped by my local Home Depot on the way back to the shop to pick up a few items. I had thing that I needed and on the way out I went through the tool /hardware section. They had some Ryobi sale items in the main isle that interested me. We had just purchased a the Ryobi Lithium drill set a week earlier so I was curious about what other items they might have on sale. So I walked down to the power tool isle where all the other Ryobi tools were displayed. I did not stay long. The constant alarm ringing in this section was a major distraction to my concentration to the products. I thought it was crazy to treat regular customers like common thieves by asserting their right to video and have the loud beeping indicator to let you know they were videoing. I spoke to the sales guy working in that department and he stated that they had to by law notify us they were recording. I said OK. I am notifying you that I will not be treated like a common thief and I will no longer be shopping at Home Depot. I liked it better when they had the tool corral. In the old days they had enough employees to be in the department at all times and monitor the area. I wonder why there is not beeping all over the store since they are monitoring us with all the other camera they have.

Any if I was Ryobi I would pull my inventory or maybe pay a little more for a better spot that is away from this distraction. I have had it with Home Depot but love Ryobi. Where to go now. No I won't shop on line with them either.

Customer Rating

Purchased a refrigerator December9, 2014. Began having problems with the water filter within a few days was a loud annoying noise. Called after the Christmas holidays lodged a complaint. Was informed by Home Depot it was the manufacturers problem to fix during the first year of service. Home Depot provided a number of a shop that fixes G.E. appliances in my area. They set up the first service call by 1/23/2015. The technician was a 25 year veteran worked on the refrigerator but could not resolve the problem had to return the following week January 27, 2015 for another try at repairing the noise. This time he stated he needed to order parts and did so. He returned on February 6, 2015 to install parts but was made aware by my wife before he left that the noise continued. Have been in touch with G.E.'s twice since then but we were told a chief engineer must come out and make a determination. We were never informed of when this would take place and for the most part have been put on hold all the while we are paying over $1200.00 for this appliance. We seek that they take the refrigerator back and credit our account.

Customer Rating

Extremely bad costumer service (1160 Sherman way location). Jose G. Who was supposedly helping me for renting an equipment was very rude for no reason, didn't help out with the carry out at all, and when I retured the equipment 1:23 min late instead of him charging me hourly he charged me for an extra day, even though the invoice he gave me gives an hourly payment rate of 16.71 instead he charged me $65.00 more, replaying that it is the policy of Home Depot! Will not use their services anymore.

Customer Rating

I was making a payment on line and thought the transaction was complete but got a notice (on the web-site) that there was a problem. So I called the customer service and told them I wanted to pay the bill but I wanted to be sure it didn't get paid twice.
( I was paying off the total of over $4,700+ !!)
The lady said, "Oh, not to worry, if that happens we'll refund it no problem! So, I gave the info again and the next day I found out the payment had indeed been taken TWICE!!
So, I called customer service again. They said, "Oh yes, we see the balance was paid twice and you have a $4,700+ credit balance and we'll be happy to refund but it will take about THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!
$4,700 is a lot of money to me! I'm bouncing checks, even to the I.R.S.!! I need that money back NOW!!

Contact the Home Depot Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Home Depot. What is their corporate mailing address?

2455 Paces Ferry Rd. Nw, Atlanta, GA 30339
  • I want to call the Home Depot customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

1-800-430-3376
  • I need to visit the Home Depot company website. What is their website address?