Public Storage Customer Service
Rated 2 of 5 Stars

Contact Public Storage Corporate

Toll free phone number: 818-244-8080

Welcome to the Public Storage complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Public Storage online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Public Storage corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Public Storage Contact Information

818-244-8080

24 hours a day (online)

Browse reviews of other Home Improvement

Top Public Storage Complaints

When I started my public storage lease last may at the one by 8830 Long Street,Lenexa, KS 66215-3528 . The attendant lady told me that if I move out before the 6th of the month we will only have to pay for the days we keep our staff in the storage. But when I went to the office to pay and move out, the attendant told that I had to pay for the full month of September because the company policy had change starting September 1st and that I should had received an email about the policy change but I didn't get any email from them. All the email that I got was that my rent was due before September 1st so I had to pay for the full just for keeping my stuffs in there for four days and I'm very unhappy about that.

This is not a complaint. I had a wonder full experience with Theresa and Tim Teruel at the 2222 Delaware location in San Mateo California. 22321. Both were very professional and very helpful with my needs. I also like the professionalism of carrie, the property manager next door 107035, she is always ready to assist.

When I lost my job I lost my storage and Public Storage company violated the laws in the state of Washington by not returning my pictures and college degrees and all the veteran and personal paper work that I had in the storage. I have called and left several message with the different supervisors and have not received a response from no one. This tells me that the company does not care about the laws of the state and leaves me no choice but to take the next step.

I purchased a 5x5 storage unit yesterday from Public Storage on 10/7/2016. I loaded all my stuff in the unit and left between 5 and 6pm. The next day 10/8/2016 I had to access the unit around 7:15 am to get a few items. I was told by the manager Brandy that I needed to enter in the gate code when entering and exiting the property.

Upon leaving I was confronted by Brandy and an unnamed gentleman before entering in the gate code to leave. Brandy had a very confrontational attitude and made me feel very uncomfortable and that I was getting lectured. She told me "I hope you didn't stay here all night. I don't have a record of you leaving or coming in this morning." I told her I had entered in the gate code just like she had instructed. She denied having any record of it.

Accusing me of spending the night. She said in a very rude tone "if this happens again Ill tell you to take your stuff and leave." My husband got out of the van and asked if they had security cameras. She said "we do but you parked in a place where the security cameras don't film." He said "please check the other cameras and you will see us coming and going. We did not stay here." She came at me in a very unprofessional accusatory way. I had my baby and husband with me. It was upsetting to have management be so rude and confrontational.

Please get the facts straight first the next time. I will give self storage one more chance. I hope to not have any more trouble with the management. If so I will find another company to store with and ask for a full refund. If the gate system is not recording the codes entered they need to fix the system and not accuse their customers. My only request is that management be spoke with about their need for having a professional approach to situations like this. If in fact the gate codes let me in and out last night and the same this morning as they did than Public Storage north 16th Street Sacramento, CA.

Public Storage ruined me and my kids life. I went thru a very ba domestic situation and was forced to put all m belongings in storage in 7/15 and go into a safe haven with and my children. In 4/2016 I moved into a house and had planned on retrieving our things from storage. Two days after moving in i found out i was a victim of fraud and the house i was renting did not belong to the landlord. I contacted the DA office and police to file a complaint and was told that this individual was being watched by the police and feds for committing housing fraud. At this point me and my children became homeless smh. I was told the contact pa victim services and that relocation expenses, storage, and my stolen cash would be replaced.

I was unable to pay for the storage and the Da and victim compensation contacted public storage several times to let them know that my unit would get paid for, however no return call was given. I was notified that my unit would be going into auction on 6/21. Finally on 6/20 the victim ppl got in touch with the district manager and was told that there was nothing they could do and the auction would still go on. Unable to pay me and my children's things were auctioned for 600 in rent (April, May, and June) and 400 in late fees. I became so distraught due to my kids being so upset i attempted suicide smh. While in the hospital my sister looked up my account and seen that only 100 dollars was credited to my account for over 20k in clothes, furniture, jewelry.

When my sister questioned why this was done and why only a credit of 100 was received she was threatened by the district manager that he was turning over this account to there legal team. My sister then received a call from someone who works at public storage and told her that two staff had stolen stuff out of my unit before the auction. I just feel like this was a very evil and cruel thing to do considering the circumstances not to mention the city was paying for the bill due.

This is my first time renting a public storage unit in Roselle, Illinois. The lady at the counter, Ashley was super nice and very informative. I had no problems with that. My complaint is that I had a balance of $14.42 due March 1st, I went on my phone to pay the bill and entered my bank routing number and account number as it appears on my check and paid it. I got confirmation on my phone that it was received. Only to find out when I was looking at my checking account and didn't see that amount taken out, I then decided to go into my public storage account and saw that the balanced owed for March 1st was increased to $39.42. I called to ask why and was told that my bank is not a ACH member.

So I called my bank which is Chase and they replied they had no record of anything going through except for my initial payment when I opened the account. So for the whole morning I went back and forth and am upset that no one at public storage customer service wants to take responsibility. I have paid the $39.42 that was due March 1st on my computer versus my phone. I feel that I should be reimbursed for the $25.00 because I still don't know what happened and I even paid the $14.42 before it was due. I don't think that's it's fair that I have to be penalized and still to this date don't know why. The day I signed up using my phone I had a personal check in from of me so that I would enter the routing number and account number correct.

Thank you.

My Public Storage unit has been broken into from the unit next door which is not occupied by anyone. It's a inside job and my daughters graduation ring among other things have been taken. I want to know what public storage is going to do about this. I will complain to the corporate offices next!

Public Storage is the largest provider in self storages, business storages, vehicle storages providing drive-up, walk-up and elevator access, we offer indoor and outdoor units some with climate control that are accessible 365 days a year. Five steps - find, choose, reserve, pack, move in to move your items safely, securely and on time wherever you require. Advance reservations are always available and it saved my time in shipping my Pharmacy stock very easily and safely. I suggest you all to use this amazing service from Public Storage.

Have feedback for Public Storage?