Public Storage Customer Service

Contact Public Storage Corporate

Toll free phone number: 818-244-8080

Welcome to the Public Storage complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Public Storage online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Public Storage corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Public Storage Contact Information

818-244-8080

24 hours a day (online)

Browse reviews of other Home Improvement

Top Public Storage Complaints

AS OF TODATE; MARCH 6, 2019 THE LOCK BRACKET IS NOT REPLACED OR REPAIRED, THE INSURANCE STILL HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED AS WE BOTH REQUESTED IN JUNE IN THE OFFICE WITH THE ASSISTANCE MANAGER, SHE DID HOWEVER; DO HER JOB AND WENT ON THE COMPUTER AND CANCELED IT OUT, SO WHY IS IT STILL ON OUR BILL.

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMETHING WE HAVE BEEN REQUESTING TO BE REMOVED SINCE MAY, I'VE BEEN GOING ON A MONHLY BASIS REQUESTING FOR IT BE REMOVED AGAIN AND TO PULL THE FILE FROM THE COMPUTER, THE MANAGER HAS CONTINUE TO INDICATE TO ME ITS NOT THERE, I FIND THAT VERY HARD TO BELIEVE, SINCE SHE DID GIVE US A COPY OF THE CANCELED INSURANCE IN JUNE.

COMPLAINT IS AGAINST BOTH MANAGERS, WE VIEWED THIS UNIT AROUND THE FIRST WEEK OF MAY, WITH OUR ATTORNEY AND REQUESTED AND WAS TOLD THE LOCK BRACKET WOULD BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED. WE CAME BACK SEVERAL TIMES WITH MOVERS ONLY TO FIND OUT NOTHING WAS DONE. WE WAS ASSURED BY BOTH MANAGERS ON SEVERAL INCIDENTS, THIS WAS DONE BY THE OLD TENANTS, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT IT. IT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF, THIS AFTERNOON, ITS NOT A BIG DEAL, YOUR THINGS ARE SAFE. WELL! WE KEEP IT EMPTY FOR OVER 2 MONTHS BELIEVING THE PROMISES WE WERE TOLD, NOT TO MENTION THE LOST INCURRED DO TO YOUR FAULT, INCOMPETENT, UNRELIABLE, STALLING, LYING,THROWING THE BLAME, IRRESPONSIBLE. MANAGEMENT.

MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND MOVE OUT HER UNIT ON OCTOBER 30,2017, SHOWED THE UNIT TO THE MANAGER, HE SAID IT WAS
GREAT AND ALL CLEANED OUT. HE SAID SINCE IT WAS AFTER 6.00 HES NOW OFF THE CLOCK, HE MAY PUT IT IN TOMORROW AND SHE WILL BE GETTING BACK THE MONEY SHE PAID FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH, SHE SAID OK, ARE YOU SURE, HE INDICATED YES. WELL MONTHS PASS AND SHE CONTINUE TO QUESTION HIM REGARDING HER REFUND, AND WHAT HAPPEN, HE DON`T REMEMBER AND SHE WILL NOT BE GETTING A REFUND, BECAUSE SHE DID NOT MOVE OUT IN TIME. THIS WAS A LIE! MYSELF AND A FEW FRIENDS WAS IN THE CAR AND WE WAS ON SPEAKER PHONE. THIS WENT ON FOR MONTHS UNTIL SHE FINALLY REQUESTED TO SEE THE COMPUTER AND IT INDICATED SHE MOVED OUT ON THE 30TH OF OCTOBER. ITS NOW ABOUT 5 OR 6 MOTHS LATTER, NOTHING. NOW, MGR TELLS HER SHE`S NOT DUE A REFUND, SHE USED THE SAME KEY CODE ON NOV, 1ST, 2017. WHICH MEANS SHE DID NOT MOVE OUT! THIS WAY A LIE.

AS OF TO-DATE SHE STILL HAS NOT RECEIVED HER REFUND YET, AND SHE WANTS THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OWED TO HER, SHE PAID. BY LAW, IF YOUR MONEY IS NOT REFUND IN A TIMELY MANNER, IS 30 DAYS THE AMOUNT TRIPPLE IN SOME CASES. SHE WANTS THE MONEY PAID, INCLUDING, INSURANCE,TAXES,AND FEES PROMPTLY, SHE LAST ASKED FOR IT AROUND JULY AUGUST LAST YEAR 2018.

I hate to rate the location at 399 Brent Lane, Pensacola, FL so low, since Debbie has been a Godsend to me ever since I got my unit. Unfortunately, after having the unit for over a year and paying faithfully, if maybe late, for the entire duration of my time there, they auctioned my unit off an hour before I made (or was to make) that month's payment. I have all my family photos and personal effects that I was told would be returned. I never heard back about them, so when I called today and spoke to "Ash", she was very rude and curt while telling me that it didn't matter who I spoke to, the people buying the unit were not obligated to return my entire life of family photos, and that he had probably discarded them by now. I have 2 children and all their keepsakes were in that unit, she showed zero amount of comfort, concern or compassion. Neither did the district manager when I spoke to her. I had a history of always paying them, even if late, ALWAYS--and Debbie was always so considerate. She understood the personal nature of the business, even if business is business. I get that. I'm a property manager too, but the fact is that it IS a personal business that must be treated with a certain amount of compassion. I did not get any amount of compassion or even respect when I spoke to "Ash" or the regional manager the day they sold my baby and family photos and baby clothes and baby blankets and keepsakes that I will never see again. The things that I would still have if they would have allowed me the hour that it took to have my husband leave work to travel across town to pay them in cash. I lost 40 years of everything I have acquired and things that can never be replaced because I had to deal with these heartless corporate robots and not the real and understanding and thoughtful Debbie, who has been dealing with me on a monthly basis for over a year. In one day, a complete stranger-- at least TWO complete strangers violated my 40 years of life and my children's lives by selling our live's possessions just one hour before the measly amount of $200 could have avoided the whole sordid, violating act of losing every thing I have acquired and everything my children have known, while ruining my option and business with Public Storage.

Management are rude and very unfriendly locking me out of property cause I was locked in overnight and it was due to my car battery was dead and there was no manager on the property to help me my jump my car and I was stuck on property because gate would not .open after 9PM.I had dialed 911 and they told me there was nothing they could do to help me leave the property. I am disabled senior citizen that was injured at this location in my falling down 10 ft X 15 FT. rental unit J033, which originally was 2 separate 5 ft X 15 ft rental units and the wall was removed to make a 10 ft.X15 ft. rental unit. There is a 1 foot drop on the concrete floor in middle of J 033 unit where the wall was removed and I wasn't aware of this hazard unsafe situation being that the floor was not level. I contacted Building & Safety inspector to find out if removing the wall was permitted by them & the management claimed the inspector came to this location and I would be contacted by their attorneys about my injuries The other incident that took place at unit J033 was about $4,000 of my property was stolen right outside locker and mgt. has a video of the theft L.A.P.D. is investigating theft and waiting for them see the video the management caught on camera video tape. I need to get access to my lockers to get my property organized to move out & sell some of my property and pay my storage charges at present ,I've been locked off property for several months and I have been paying them for 2 units J 033 and L 008 and don.t have access to get into either unit . I need to move out of this location asap . I just found out that my L008 locker was sold at auction without any notification or phone call from management . I will never rent a Public Storage locker in the future. thank you Rick Ramirez

Management are rude and very unfriendly locking me out of property cause I was locked in overnight and it was due to my car battery was dead and there was no manager on the property to help me my jump my car and I was stuck on property because gate would not .open after 9PM.I am disabled senior citizen that was injured at this location in my falling down 10 ft X 15 FT. rental unit J33, which originally was 2 separate 5 ft X 15 ft rental units and the wall was removed to make a 10 ft.X15 ft. rental unit. There is a 1 foot drop on the concrete floor in middle of J 33 unit where the wall was removed and I wasn't aware of this hazard unsafe situation being that the floor was not level. I contacted Building & Safety inspector to find out if removing the wall was permitted by them & the management claimed the inspector came to this location and I would be contacted by their attorneys about my injuries The other incident that took place at unit J33 was about $4,000 of my property was stolen right outside locker and mgt. has a video of the theft L.A.P.D. is investigating theft and waiting for them see the video the management caught on camera video tape. I need to get access to my lockers to get my property organized to move out & sell some of my property and pay my storage charges at present ,I've been locked off property for several months and I have been paying them for 2 units J 33 and L 8 and don.t have access to get into either unit . I need to move out of this location asap and will never rent another Public Storage locker in the future. thank you Rick Ramirez

Management are rude and very unfriendly locking me out of property cause I was locked in overnight and it was due to my car battery was dead and there was no manager on the property to help me my jump my car and I was stuck on property because would not .open after 9PM.I am disabled senior citizen that was injured at this location in my falling down 10 ft X 15 FT. rental unit J33, which originally was 2 separate 5 ft X 15 ft rental units and the wall was removed to make a 10 ft.X15 ft. rental unit. There is a 1 foot drop on the concrete floor in middle of J 33 unit where the wall was removed and I wasn't aware of this hazard unsafe situation being that the floor was not level. I contacted Building & Safety inspector to find out if removing the wall was permitted by them & the management claimed the inspector came to this location and I would be contacted by their attorneys about my injuries The other incident that took place at unit J33 was about $4,000 of my property was stolen right outside locker and mgt. has a video of the theft L.A.P.D. is investigating theft and waiting for them see video management caught on video tape. I need to get access to my lockers to get my property organized to move out & sell and pay my storage charges at present ,I've been locked off property for several months and I have been paying them for 2 units J 33 and L 8 and don.t have access to get into either unit . I need to move out of this location asap and will never rent another Public Storage locker in the future. thank you Rick Ramirez

I been harassed 3 times in 1 week from the same store
I spoken to the Mgr on Friday
Monday someone else’s calls wakes me up n again today in less then one wk 3 calls
They are nasty n now I know why ever wk there is a help wanted sign out the turnover tells a lot bout this store I have left numberous message to senor mgr Gavin
Not one call back
Some one gave me a Catherine to call no one can find her at a 1-707 595 8472
This is crazy every month this guys call don’t talk to each other or write info down to say someone has reach out to this place n will be in to pay bill
There not doing there job they purposely harassed me n son has a unit n has been near ever call n negative call
When will someone help the customer
But I do know u guys will sell my stuff in a heart beat
But won’t train ur employees with customer service skills n the correct call customer about bills
Tech
Excuse my French
Public storage sucks
And I will never ever use them once my stuff is moved and I will all family n friends never to use this store or the company at all
No one cares except the poor person on the phone listening me yell when it’s not even her fault
Poor training
Poor service
Raised prices in contract
Rude rude rude

Valerie Jones
2155207602

I have rented my storage unit for the last 7 years from PS storage located in Everett, WA at 9830 Evergreen Way, and was pleased with your company services. It looked well maintained and secures. Awhile back i recieved an email from the property informing me my lock had signs of being tampered with, and they have decided to change the lock. They told me they had the key for me, when i come in. I recently went to the storage, and the property manager notified me at that said time that my unit was broken into last year, and through further inquiry, I found out to my dissatisfaction, that it has been broken into twice last year and i was never informed until the day i went in for my keys. Neither the police nor I was notified in a timely manner, and whoever the person was/is that broken into my unit, stoled priceless amount of my valuables and totally ramsacked my unit. Im in such distress, distraught, and displeased how that location handled that matter in its entirety and they have no remorse or sympathy for what im going through and has not offered me any help in the matter. I can go on but looking forward to a response

I had a trailer stored at PS in Oklahoma city I found out today when my son went to use the trailer that it and the trailer next to it was missing. When he arrived at to facility the gate was half open and no one to be found. When some one was located her response was that the gate had been doing that for a while. She informed him that the trailer as far as she new had been gone at leased since the 24th its know the 31st no phone call. But she did send a move out receipt on the 29th still no contact.

Good afternoon, Mr. Havner

I really hope this email reaches you, the storage unit at 6700 Reames Rd Charlotte NC, that I have rented for 3yrs was broken into and ramshackle, I’m not sure if anything is missing. What’s so odd to me is the unit is on the second level, in a climate control space, I was told someone climbed on top of the unit and tore back the wiring, smashed the lock, nothing was caught on surveillance, but the worst of the experience was speaking with Mr. Reid with is one of your DM, I was told to call him on 08/27/2018 between 8/5, I made several attempts left several messages he didn’t call me back and didn’t answer the phone, I called back to the Public storage ON 08/29/2018 from where I currently rent, explaining I’ve yet to reach Mr. Reid, I was told they will have him give me a call. Mr. Reid, is so rude and heartless, he ask me how can I help you, his tone was rushed and angry, I explained the issue, and said I was given your number and was told to call you, he in returned said I don’t know why they told you to call me, I was shocked, he is very condescending and discourteous, even to how he spoke to me, I feel disrespected, clearly he doesn’t care about what happen to me and it showed in his voice and he words I pay $171,00 monthly maybe nothing to him but it a lot for me. I’m a very dissatisfied customer.

I have been renting from you for 1.5 years and my rate has been increased by over $80.00 a month! This is outrageous !!!! Is their anything you can do to help with this increase that starts Aug 1st. These increases are huge! I also was notified by an email from Public Storage with the title being "YO!" Your storage is increasing!!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Exactly what kind of organization are you running? SEE BELOW

-------- Original message --------
From: Public Storage <DoNotReply@publicstorage.com>
Date: 7/13/18 2:10 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: AMazerolle@comcast.net
Subject: Yo

Here is your Monthly Storage Invoice.
Hi Alyse,

Thanks for choosing Public Storage! As a friendly reminder, your storage invoice for rental period 08/01/2018 to 08/31/2018 is now available for payment. If your account is set up for AutoPay, your payment will be automatically processed.

Make This Payment

PAST DUE/DUE NOW DUE NEXT
08/01/2018
RENT $0.00 $172.00
TOTAL $0.00 $172.00

Glad to have you with us,
Your Public Storage Team

We’ve made it easy to do everything you want online
Payments Your Way
Make a payment, view your transaction history, or sign up for AutoPay and never forget a payment.
Reservations are a Breeze
Get directions to the property, change your move-in date, or access helpful information before you move in.
Your Storage Space
Access your gate code, manage your insurance coverage, or schedule a move-out date.
Manage Your Contact Info
Update your contact information and your email notification preference

Please do not reply to this email; it will not get through. If you’d like to reach us please contact your location manager or visit PublicStorage.com. Thanks!

The information contained in this email message is confidential and intended only for the recipient to which it was addressed.

© 2018 Public Storage. All rights reserved.

PublicStorage.com | U.S. Locations | Privacy Policy | Accessibility | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us

I have in authorized transactions and I need my funds ASAP

I ams disabled and got behind in my payment. My lock was removed the dooe was open and the lock was thrown in. When the bill was paid I came to my storage and could not open the door it was jammed. I was informed only the Gen Mgr can change the locks. Then I blame the Gen Mgr. When I finally was able to open it everything was thrown around and had fallen over. I have antique furniture and expensive dish and glass ware. The pics below will show you. The girl working was informed. Her reply was file insurance.
This is uncalled for and ridiculous.

Rodney Gary

I am an independant outside adjuster working for a major insurance company and I have traveled from another city to Houston, Tx as I have been deployed to work here after Hurricane Harvey to help the residents of Houston rebuild their homes and their lives. As you may know, it is at times very demanding living on the road and away from home but it comes with the territory. There is absolutely no extra time for anything while on a deployment as an adjuster because we have to make every minute count. That being said, I packed up everything I could think of into my van that I thought might need for my stay here in Houston and rented a small 5x5 storage unit @ a facility @ 11770 Southwest Fwy. on 9/18/17 and the store manager put a lock on my unit that day. Today's date is 9/21/17 and the lock is still on the unit. I have requested that the lock be removed as I must unload the contents of what is in my van into the storage unit so that I will have room to work out of my van, thus the reason for renting a storage unit. I have requested that the lock be removed but have been denied access to my unit for some unknown reason. The problem is, I can't work and do my job with my van packed full. I don't have thre time or money to rent another unit and shouldn't have to. The staff here is rude and discourteous and have no regard for meeting their customers needs. Customer service is not a word in their vocabulary apparently. I am losing thousands of dollars each day not being able to work. I have tried to move my "reservation" to another location but the so-called management has refused to facilitate the move. Please do not use this Public a storage facility. I have been using Public storage for years and have always been very pleased with the outcome. Until now.

When I started my public storage lease last may at the one by 8830 Long Street,Lenexa, KS 66215-3528 . The attendant lady told me that if I move out before the 6th of the month we will only have to pay for the days we keep our staff in the storage. But when I went to the office to pay and move out, the attendant told that I had to pay for the full month of September because the company policy had change starting September 1st and that I should had received an email about the policy change but I didn't get any email from them. All the email that I got was that my rent was due before September 1st so I had to pay for the full just for keeping my stuffs in there for four days and I'm very unhappy about that.

This is not a complaint. I had a wonder full experience with Theresa and Tim Teruel at the 2222 Delaware location in San Mateo California. 22321. Both were very professional and very helpful with my needs. I also like the professionalism of carrie, the property manager next door 107035, she is always ready to assist.

When I lost my job I lost my storage and Public Storage company violated the laws in the state of Washington by not returning my pictures and college degrees and all the veteran and personal paper work that I had in the storage. I have called and left several message with the different supervisors and have not received a response from no one. This tells me that the company does not care about the laws of the state and leaves me no choice but to take the next step.

I purchased a 5x5 storage unit yesterday from Public Storage on 10/7/2016. I loaded all my stuff in the unit and left between 5 and 6pm. The next day 10/8/2016 I had to access the unit around 7:15 am to get a few items. I was told by the manager Brandy that I needed to enter in the gate code when entering and exiting the property.

Upon leaving I was confronted by Brandy and an unnamed gentleman before entering in the gate code to leave. Brandy had a very confrontational attitude and made me feel very uncomfortable and that I was getting lectured. She told me "I hope you didn't stay here all night. I don't have a record of you leaving or coming in this morning." I told her I had entered in the gate code just like she had instructed. She denied having any record of it.

Accusing me of spending the night. She said in a very rude tone "if this happens again Ill tell you to take your stuff and leave." My husband got out of the van and asked if they had security cameras. She said "we do but you parked in a place where the security cameras don't film." He said "please check the other cameras and you will see us coming and going. We did not stay here." She came at me in a very unprofessional accusatory way. I had my baby and husband with me. It was upsetting to have management be so rude and confrontational.

Please get the facts straight first the next time. I will give self storage one more chance. I hope to not have any more trouble with the management. If so I will find another company to store with and ask for a full refund. If the gate system is not recording the codes entered they need to fix the system and not accuse their customers. My only request is that management be spoke with about their need for having a professional approach to situations like this. If in fact the gate codes let me in and out last night and the same this morning as they did than Public Storage north 16th Street Sacramento, CA.

Public Storage ruined me and my kids life. I went thru a very ba domestic situation and was forced to put all m belongings in storage in 7/15 and go into a safe haven with and my children. In 4/2016 I moved into a house and had planned on retrieving our things from storage. Two days after moving in i found out i was a victim of fraud and the house i was renting did not belong to the landlord. I contacted the DA office and police to file a complaint and was told that this individual was being watched by the police and feds for committing housing fraud. At this point me and my children became homeless smh. I was told the contact pa victim services and that relocation expenses, storage, and my stolen cash would be replaced.

I was unable to pay for the storage and the Da and victim compensation contacted public storage several times to let them know that my unit would get paid for, however no return call was given. I was notified that my unit would be going into auction on 6/21. Finally on 6/20 the victim ppl got in touch with the district manager and was told that there was nothing they could do and the auction would still go on. Unable to pay me and my children's things were auctioned for 600 in rent (April, May, and June) and 400 in late fees. I became so distraught due to my kids being so upset i attempted suicide smh. While in the hospital my sister looked up my account and seen that only 100 dollars was credited to my account for over 20k in clothes, furniture, jewelry.

When my sister questioned why this was done and why only a credit of 100 was received she was threatened by the district manager that he was turning over this account to there legal team. My sister then received a call from someone who works at public storage and told her that two staff had stolen stuff out of my unit before the auction. I just feel like this was a very evil and cruel thing to do considering the circumstances not to mention the city was paying for the bill due.

This is my first time renting a public storage unit in Roselle, Illinois. The lady at the counter, Ashley was super nice and very informative. I had no problems with that. My complaint is that I had a balance of $14.42 due March 1st, I went on my phone to pay the bill and entered my bank routing number and account number as it appears on my check and paid it. I got confirmation on my phone that it was received. Only to find out when I was looking at my checking account and didn't see that amount taken out, I then decided to go into my public storage account and saw that the balanced owed for March 1st was increased to $39.42. I called to ask why and was told that my bank is not a ACH member.

So I called my bank which is Chase and they replied they had no record of anything going through except for my initial payment when I opened the account. So for the whole morning I went back and forth and am upset that no one at public storage customer service wants to take responsibility. I have paid the $39.42 that was due March 1st on my computer versus my phone. I feel that I should be reimbursed for the $25.00 because I still don't know what happened and I even paid the $14.42 before it was due. I don't think that's it's fair that I have to be penalized and still to this date don't know why. The day I signed up using my phone I had a personal check in from of me so that I would enter the routing number and account number correct.

Thank you.

My Public Storage unit has been broken into from the unit next door which is not occupied by anyone. It's a inside job and my daughters graduation ring among other things have been taken. I want to know what public storage is going to do about this. I will complain to the corporate offices next!

Public Storage is the largest provider in self storages, business storages, vehicle storages providing drive-up, walk-up and elevator access, we offer indoor and outdoor units some with climate control that are accessible 365 days a year. Five steps - find, choose, reserve, pack, move in to move your items safely, securely and on time wherever you require. Advance reservations are always available and it saved my time in shipping my Pharmacy stock very easily and safely. I suggest you all to use this amazing service from Public Storage.

Have feedback for Public Storage?