Home Depot Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

285+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Home Depot corporate: 1-800-430-3376

I wanted to have a Gate Replaced at my home and was scheduled to have a home estimate. The contractor was late and dismissive. And at the end of the conversation, I was told they would reply to me in writing an estimate. After waiting a week for a reply I presented to the store. The response I got from the company was that not our department. I was given a 1-800 number which I called and spoke with a CS rep who tried to call contractor they did not answer the phone at 4:40 in the after noon. I guess it is Miller time. I was treated as if I was unimportant which is contrary to the mission statement of home depot. I does not matter how good your products are if the staff don't care about what they are doing.

I purchased a vacuum cleaner with a 2 year warranty and the manager was very rude. he said that my warranty didn't start until after the manufactured warranty and refused to give me my money back even though I had receipts of purchase and extended warranty. This person even embarrassed me by telling me I was talking to loud to him. I want justice done on this matter or else I will go as high as it takes to see my boss handled appropriately.

While in lawn and garden. They had isle blocked - waited and waited to get items and after waiting awhile I asked should I go to lowes and employee said yes right in front of assistant manager - I will never shop at Home Depot again - I will shop at lowes - I get better service there and there items are priced the same as hike depot !! Your assistant manager was so unprofessional.

On 11/08/2013 i purchased two frigidaire wall ovens. Today 4/22/2015 i turned the lower oven on and it is making a loud noise. I called the eldorado home depot and explained to one of the sales reps what was happening. She looked up information told me i had an extended contract that would cover repaires. I called 800-466-3337 and was transferred to a trouble shooter named sandy she asked me if i could turn off the breaker to the oven and i told her i could not because i did not know which breaker it is. I told her my husband was not home to assist me she asked me if could wait until he comes home and he turns off the breaker i told her no.

She then said to me that if a service person comes and if the breaker reset the oven i would have to pay for the service. I told her i did not agree because i had an extended warranty. In a very nasty tone she said to me you don't have a warranty you have a service plan. I immediately said to her give me a manager or some one other than you because you an i cannot get along she stated certanily and put jeff on the phone. Jeff comes on the phone and said to me sandy is right and if you dont know the difference between a service plan an a warrant i will explain it to you. Hearing jeff say this made me very upset and i told him i did not call to get to learn the difference between a warranty and a service plan. And that i wanted some one to come out and service my oven. In his ugly tone he told me that he would set up a service but i would pay it what is wrong was not under my plan.

I am very angry at sandy, jeff, and venessa because instead of them addressing my problem they a talking down to me and trying to educate me on the difference between a warranty and a service plan when all of this was said and done my problem was not solved. My over is yet screaming. Jeff said to me i will give you an appointment but it will be just like sandy said you will pay if it is the breaker. I hung up on jeff and called back to the department and i asked for a manager. I was given venessa. Venessa was also laid back and making sure she keep in tune with the two reps but i told her that i was no longer calling about the service i was calling about how i was talked to by jeff and sandy. In a very no caring voice she said she would address this issue.

Then she went on to tell me that they were right to try an trouble shoot before service what i have to do before a service person comes out should be explained to me before i buy a warranty oh no correction service plan. Because of the insults i relieved by all three of these reps. I am going to go back to the store and request my money back. It is my goal cancel this warranty oh my bad service plan or what ever you all names it. I am so pissed that i want to say bad words curse words is not my first language. I was born in the error that the customer is always right and i have spent my hard earned money for something that requires me to climb in a crawl space find breaker and then i will be given the service i paid for. I have been a customer of home depot for 20 years. I will not accept or tolerate any down talk from any one i give respect and i demand respect. As you read this you too may be like jeff, sandy, and venessa you may not care about how i feel. But there is a god that sits high and he looks low and he see service contracts written that cannot be used by customer when needed. This is a sad thing.

I am so angry that i will not come back to home depot any more if you check my track record from california to arkansas i have rentals that all merchandise is purchased at home depot however there is other places i can spend my hard earned money. People like jeff, sandy, and venessa should not be allowed to communicate with a customer that are in need of immediate service. They haven't learned how to talk to customers and address there needs.hours later i am yet in my kitchen listening to a singing oven. I am not pleased with the service i have recieved from your warranty oh i mean service plan. When i bought this warranty i thought i would be able to use it without having to solve the problem my self.
I am a mad customer with a singing oven in eldorado arkansas.

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 2:49pm, I bought a 10 FT Harper Gazebo, along with other items from Home Depo at 150 Midland Ave, Portchester, NY 10573, Manager Trevor Meinke. They said it will be delivered Mon. April 20th. I called when there was no delivery. They said it rained and there were no deliveries made. On Tuesday, everything was delivered except the Gazebo. Home Depot Delivery man stole the Gazebo. I paid over $2,000.00 for merchandize on Saturday, and I did not get my item! That is Grand Theft. Home Depot, you are a thief. You are responsible for all employees. I have to call the police and get Attorney's involved. Why should I have to do this. I just want my Gazebo delivered this week.

Order ID 1212-360058 1,072.68, SKU#1000-023-721 10 FT Harper Gazebo. The store Inventory is not updated. Now, they tell us that it's on back order but on Saturday it was not. You need to fire every manger who does make sure inventory is updated, delivery items are moved immediately from store floor so they won't be sold. The Gazebo was there on Saturday and now its on back order. Home Depot doesn't care at all, its just another stolen item at another store. Home Depot's Motto "more savings, more doing"--well its like "more slacking & more stealing and no doing."

Purchased quite a few items as this used to be my store for home repair. I went to check out and was having a problem with one of the items. The item was grass sod. Apparently, there was no sku on the sod only a price. I was told by the cashier to go find a sku for the product or it could not be purchased. When my wife looked around for help, none was to be found. I was told by several employees that it would be a while before it could be found. Cashier was pretty annoyed by now and was told that the sod could not be purchased, and I would have to come back because I was holding up the line. Can you imagine that? I left my 400.00 worth of purchases at the check-out, asked for the store manager who was out to lunch, and drove off. I never will shop at Home Depot again!!!

We have been waiting for an order from the home depot in hialeah for 2 wks. The order should have been at Caicos Caribbean Lines for freight forwarding 2 weeks ago. I am on the phone today for almost 1 hour and I still don't have a status on this order. Your store manager is unavailable to answer and your freight department is not answering. Please help for we have a 3rd party waiting on a response as well. The order is for Bransford Dean and Claudio (Hialeah Store) assisted him with the order.

I purchased a set of shower doors and the installer did a terrible job with the installation. I went into the Commack, seeking help and possibly someone to take care of these doors for me with a proper installation. A lady named Nancy listened to my dilemma, and I was told she would have someone come to my home with a NEW set of doors and install them free of charge and return my original purchase for the old doors.

She came to my home 2 days later with a man named Peter, and my wife said they brought in a new set of doors. I was at my job at the time. When I returned home a few hours later, my wife said the new doors were not installed and that they put them back in the truck. They supposedly repaired the old doors and left. At that time, the doors were worse than before they did the so-called repair. When I went back to the store on Friday evening at 6pm, I spoke to the manager on duty and told her my story. She said she new about the situation, and that she was told that new doors were installed. They Never were as I stated. I still have the OLD Doors and the same off the track problem.

At this time, I threw up my hands and knew Home Depot would DO NOTHING about this fiasco and the night manager got very huffy. This is not a good story to go around, and I would like to know WHAT HAPPENED to the new doors that were never installed. Were they used for another use for someone else?? I still have not received my credit I was promised for the junk doors I now have hanging in my bathroom with a wife that has M.S. I'm sure you know what that means, and I know no one at home depot cares. I intend on contacting the better business bureau, consumer affairs, and small claims court about this matter of lies and phony promises. I have been a customer of home depot for years but will never buy another item from your franchise again.

My name is Dominick Iannizzotto and you can check your records for my purchases for many years. I will eat the $215.00+ and advise my family friends and neighbors of this fiasco.

Today, I visited home depot and purchased a hanging plant. When I left the store and got to my truck, I was stopped by a young man who came running from the store and said to me "show me your receipt". I replied, "why and who are you?"..he said "I am security for home depot" I said show me your ID, he refused and to prevent an altercation, I showed my receipt. I returned to the store in shock, but most of all deeply humiliated because, this person was really accusing me of stealing. I am a senior citizen who go in home depot 1 or 2 times a day. I spend a ton of money in this store, I am extremely angry that I would be approached in that manner.

I can clearly understand asking to see a receipt at the door when leaving the store, but at my truck, as if he expected to catch me with a stolen item. I remain in disbelief that I was profiled as a possible thief. This is unacceptable. In today's society I understand and appreciate security, but please train them on how and when to approach people. This incident could have ended with me in handcuffs being accused of something that I have never done in my 73 years on earth, stealing.. I patronize this store because I would like it to stay in Jackson, but I will not be humiliated and spend my money.

On 2/10/15 I went to Home Depot to buy a hot water heater. I found the one I wanted (sku0000-100-979) and when I went to pay, they asked if I wanted installation. I asked what that would be, and they said $892.00. I thought that was high and told the women at the checkout counter. She said that also included a $200.00 permit required by the City and if I found an independent installer it would be required as well. She said if I didn't pay it there were stiff fines as much as $600.00. Based on that information, I paid $892.10, with an install date of 2/12/15. I asked for a breakdown of the charges, they gave me a receipt of the bundled $892.10 with no explanation of the permit.

On 2/12/15 the installer came as planned and efficiently changed out the h/w heater in 30 minutes. There was no paperwork left with a permit number so I called Home Depot and asked about it. I spoke to a manager at the store I purchased it, and he ensured me the cost included a "required" $200 permit fee. I called the installation company and they said they weren't sure of the permit fee and would call me back. The next day I called them back and they told me I didn't pay a permit fee. I asked for a breakdown of what the $892.10 involved and again I received a bundled invoice. I called Home Depot back they said they would get back to me. I received a message on my phone while I was on vacation from Dee saying she sent me a copy of my invoice to my email address. AGAIN a bundled invoice with no description of what the charges were for. I am very disappointed in this scam! Had I known I didn't need to pay a $200 permit fee, I would never have agreed to the $892.00 charge. I believe this practice is fraudulent and a misrepresentation of city code requirements! If Home Depot wasn't acting in a fraudulent manor the invoice wouldn't be bundled into one charge and the charges would be transparent! Shame on you Home Depot!

On 03/08/2015 I purchased two Highline Wht Complete Toilets from your store in Fayetteville, Ga. They contracted with Bynum and Sons Plumbing, Inc. to remove two toilets from my home and install the new toilets that I purchased from your company. On 03/17/2015 Bynum installed one toilet in the master bedroom bathroom and before 7:00 p.m. that night the bathroom floor was covered with water. I removed the soaked rugs and replaced them to make sure that the toilet was leaking and yes water continued to cover the floor. I attempted to contact Bynum but there was a message that stated it was after hours. I contacted them the next morning and the receptionist stated that the service would be a recall. I had to leave work in order to meet the plumber at my home. The plumber came and corrected the problem.

On 03/06/2015 the second toilet overflowed when it was flushed with only urine in it. Again, I attempted to contact Bynum but heard the after hour message. I then contacted the Fayetteville Store and they said they would contact Bynum again. However, I contacted Bynum before Home Depot did and spoke to the receptionist and explained the problem with the second toilet. She explained that the plumber could not come before Friday. I explained that I had appointments on Friday, then she said the plumber would be at my home between 3 and 6 p.m. on Thursday. The plumber did not show up nor did he call. I again was inconvenience. I am disappointed with the manner in which the person you contracted to install the toilets that I purchased from your company is completing the job. Please help me in getting this situation resolved. I can not leave work early and I can not take off work.

On March 31, 2015, I purchased a new toilet at your Porter, Texas Store; invoice number 6523-239121. I paid for toilet, delivery and installation. On April 2, 2015 ARS Plumbing Company was given the assignment to do the work. The Plumber, Domingo Lopez, called prior to coming and in that first phone call he stated the box had been crushed and that I knew about it. This is his first lie. I picked out a toilet from display only and Home Depot did not call me to say the box was damaged. When the plumber arrived I asked if the toilet was damaged and he said no. I checked it and could not see anything. I questioned him twice, are you sure you are with Home Depot to install my toilet and he said he is Home Depot. He started to change his tone. I did not care for his attitude, so I showed him the bathroom. He removed the toilet quickly and called me to the bathroom to see the corroded flange. He said, this will need to be changed out. I said, ok change it. He said well, it will cost you more for installation and I asked how much is that? He said around $600.00. I said, so what is the real price, $6.00 to $12.00 for a flange? He repeated the total and I said, show me where that is the price. He went to his truck and made a phone call . He turned to a page and said, $675.00 I immediately called Home Depot and asked to speak to the manager and I spoke to Tammy. I told her that Lopez is trying to strong-arm me and to pay a huge amount for a $6,00 flange. She said that can't be right. Let me call ARS and I will call you back. At that time, I was trying to explain to Lopez that my paperwork states: IN SOME INSTANCES, EXISTING PLUMBING FLANGES, SUPPLY VALVES, ETC MAY REQUIRE OR UPGRADE TO BE FUNCTIONAL AND CODE COMPLIANT. WE WILL DISCUSS OPTIONS AND POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL CHARGES WITH YOU IF THIS OCCURS. WE mean HOME DEPOT. That is who I have a contract with, not ARS Plumbing Company. No one at Porter, Texas store would discuss how much more for a new flange. I feel totally cheated and pushed around by you and ARS Plumbing.
Tammy called and stated that she could not do anything about it. I told her my paperwork on page 3 did not show a price list for a replacement of a flange. She had no resolve for me. I argued with Lopez on the issue of having this work inspected. He said yea when a replacement is warranted, but they don't have enough inspectors to go around. I was so frustrated and outdone on this situation and felt I was being pushed around from an outside company like ARS. Since they are representing Home Depot, I feel Home Depot don't care how ARS treat customers.
I reluctantly let this horrible company put a $675.00 flange in because I did not have a choice. My 94 year old dad needed this toilet to use because he is unable to walk that well and this bath is very close for his use.
I watched Lopez replace the flange. I helped clean the area where the old flange had been removed. I helped to clean the tile around area also.
Lopez installed a new flange and had a bit of difficulty in drilling in the screws into the concrete around the main drain. He place that blue liquid around the pvc and laid the flange on the concrete. He did not put caulking around the flange that lay on the concrete.
After he was finished, he said that the concrete around the drain was like sand and I should watch for leaks. Well, I said, what do I do with that????
He said, I'm just saying, just check it often. Well, I'm really upset now, will I have watch My toilet all day to see if it leaks?
On Monday, April 6, 2015, I went to the City of Houston Permit office in Kingwood, Texas to ask if they let ARS Plumbing slide on their installations because the city don't have enough inspectors. They said definitely not. The assistant give me a phone number to talk to the City of Houston Assistant Chief, Mr. Carlos; (832-394-8870). Mr. Carlos indicated that if a new flange is warranted due to damages, and anytime a further repair is needed. a permit is required.
I want the Regional Manager for The Home Depot to hear my plea for help on this situation I'm in. I was not treated fairly, nor did I get the reasonable price for a flange from your store nor did anyone care to resolve this . The asst. manager in Porter office indicated that they don't put companies like ARS Plumbing Company on a list for installations, the home office make that call.
Your help is truly needed and I want the $675.00 taken off my Home Depot credit card. My balance at the time of this purchase was $152.00 AND now its $1,100.00 for a $178.00 toilet. I feel so mistreated, disrespected and lied too. Please help me .

This isn't as much a complaint as it is suggestion. I was in your Bennington Vt Store buying some 4X4's. They too high for me to reach so I ashed for help. There where 3 guys standing around not really doing much. One of them came over with no problem and got me a latter so I could climb up and get them myself. I'm white haired and 70+ years old, it would have been nice if the worker climbed up and handed them down to me. He was many in his 50s and should have known better. I'm just saying. I love your stores and wish you the best...

Exactly two years ago I purchased a heating system from Home Depot,and within the required eighteen (18) months, I paid it off. Since that time I have had to call for service at least six (6) times, and on each occasion it cost me some money, some times as much as two hundred (200}dollars. As I write this complaint I have been without heat for the past three weeks. I had to use space heaters the first two weeks of this last dilemma, and I am still without heat as I write this complaint. This is the worst heating system I have ever had, and I have had several in my different homes. The mere fact that the system is suppose to be new makes it even worst. Home Depot had no problem cashing my checks' and and receiving the entire pay off within the allotted eighteen {18) months, but they seem to have difficulty providing a reliable heating and air conditioning system. Last July the air was not working and it destroyed my first,last and only 72 year patriarchal birthday party, The system has been operating as if it may have been a used system or one that has been re-manufactured. Therefore, after six (6} inconveniences in a two year period, I will be seeking relief from Home Depot in the form of a replacement. Furthermore, since this failure and detestable situation has occurred, I have had to sleep in other than favorable conditions which could have been the cause of the colds that I have experienced during that period of time, This lack of customer service and satisfaction is going into the fourth (4) week. I want my money back or a new system. In closing I'd like to say that I am appalled at this treatment and this is the type of thing that makes for very bad press.for ARS and Home Depot.

We had two windows and a patio door installed. We have had some one come back on the door three times. It was icing over and air coming in. Pictures were taken and we were told they would be sent to head office and to Stanley. We have not heard back from either. Customer service has being poor at best. It has being I am sorry pass the buck or cover your butt. We will never shop at home depot again. We were told that Stanley made a good door. This one is poor or badly installed. The three visits have being band aid fixes. This experience has not being even a one star

right before x-mas we bought a dryer from home depot, which used to be our favorite store. we just bought an older house. a lot of appliances are old. the men who delivered could not hock it up, due to wrong wire. They said leave both old and the new one here. we will give you a number and someone will pick up old dryer any time free of charge.after few days my hubby hocked up the new home depot dryer. my hubby and I called a few times to have old dryer picked up. the home depot staff said we will get back to you when we are in your area. waited couple of weeks called again same answer. then I called they of too late now we can't pick it up free of charge. Then after I spoke with a few supervisors, home depot said ok for 25 bucks they would pick up old dryer. I said ok,very good ( I always talked nice) then they said no we cant because I waited too long! I explained how many time I called and no one would give us a pick up date. this was a false promise by the home depot!! now we have 2 dryers in my basement. we now need a refrigerator. I don't think we should shop at home depot . what do you think? t

I love Home Depot and had quit a good experience like the stores in the Antelope Valley area and Los Angeles Area. Now for the stores in the Victorville, CA to be exact the store on Bear Valley Avenue, Wow customer service sucks I can’t get a straight answer the inventory in the store is poor it’s as ghetto as it can get cleanliness bad employees walk around you trying to avoid the customer.

We had roller shade blinds installed in our vacation home in Lake Tahoe CA. The install was done we we were not there; a friend let them in the house. Home Depot had an installer they contract with do the installation. When we got up here to the house a month later, half of the shades won't role up all the way, one shade fell down and one shade was never installed, but we paid Home Depot for the work and the contractor that installed the blinds won't return our calls and all Home Depot says is that they will call the contractor and have them call us. This has been going on for four months now. Home Depot should take responsibility for this poor work performed by the contractor, but they are not doing so. The Home Depot store is located in Carson City, Nevada.

I am a general contractor in North Cariolina and I have a home owner that purchased appliances in Orlando Florida . He had the appliances ship to the Hendersonville NC store and I have the PO #and invoice # but the hendersonville store can not pull up the numbers . They said there computer systems do not inter change with one another . (That has been a big headache for me ) They finally were able to find the appliances and we got them set up for delivery on Thursday . They only brought out part of them . We got the other set up for Saturday and then they shorted me 6 items . Took me 2 weeks to finally got them which is not good. They left 3 items that had been canceled and have been given the money back for . They are not ours to keep and I have a dryer that has a dint in the front BUT they don't want to take them back because the where not purchased at the Hendersonville store . The problem is it is two Home Depot stores that are competing against one another FL store made the sale and the NC is going to lose money on them . They are not worried about the customer, only the store . I live 40 miles away one way and have made 5 trips over there . I have called and called each time they take my # and never call back . This job is on a tight schedule and this mess has delayed to job by a month.

Three weeks ago (approximately) I purchased a "smiling face " sponge. (AShark Tank) product. It was the last one in stock. This is the store in Bartonsville, PA. I had wanted to buy at least two. The sales person was sure another shipment would arrive soon. Today (two weeks later) I stopped by to purchase more for my daughters and myself and none were in the store as yet. The salesperson was very diligent and got the manager on his cell beside asking other salespeople,but no satisfaction. Why was the store out of stock?

I purchased a storm door about six months ago if not less. The store door has dislocated from the bottom of the base board four times. Today being the fourth. Your repair man keeps repairing it the same way everytime. The bottom portion of the base board riped out from the door way the first time the door came off. A hollow space was left when the base board separated from the doorway. Whenever your repair man has come to repair the door he constantly puts another board over top of the old base board where the space is. He proceeds to put nails in the base board but never fills in the space left behind from when the door originally came apart. The wear and tear from opening and closing the door puts stress on the bottom portion of the baseboard until it comes apart. The door has fractured the exact same way as it did before. Can you give me my money back or send a person out who will repair the door correctly? I have pictures if you would like to see.

March 23,2015 I found a Cub Cadet ZT riding lawn mower for about $2700 and went to local store and asked they order it for me. Theu proceeded to order it and when the price was displayed found that it was a clearance item for $1777 and I told them to order it for me. I was told the mower would be in by 3-31, I went to store on 4-1 and after waiting about 35 minutes was told the mower had not been ordered because the store could not order clearance items. Apparently they were not aware of this rule. I came home and tried to order the item on line and found that it was available but no longer at clearance price. I am very frustrated and believe I should be allowed to buy this item at the clearance price. I would appreciate an immediate reply. Thank you, Charlene Warren

March 23 2015 I had found a Cub Cadet Zturn riding lawn mower on Home Depot web sight for $2700 (approx.) so I went to local store and asked them to order it for me. They proceeded with order and found that it was a clearance item for $ $1777.00 so I asked them to order it. Told me it would we delivered to store by March 31st. Meantime I received a bill by e mail, so went to store on 4-1-15 and after a long wait, was told that it was not ordered because the store could not order clearance items, I came home and tried to order the mower myself and found the item was in stock but was no longer clearance price and I would have to pay full price. My experience was totally unfair and entire transaction mishandled. The local store employees apparently were unaware the store could not order clearance items and in their defense were not aware of this until 4-1 when I went to pick up the mower.

On March 24,2015, I bought a Garage door to be installed by you ( Home Depot) from your located store of East Meadow, New York, store # 1201.
Of course I paid for the door and the installation and for Medallion Hardware Upgrade, The sales person explained about the upgrade charges and how important to have it. Next day or day after a man came to my house and look to the old garage door and to measure the size and left. Two days after a man came to install the new door and when he was done, he left the old door on the side of the house .I asked him why he is not taking it with him, he said: he is not suppose to take it.
When I bought this door (new) 20 years ago (old door) , the installation company then took the old door without asking of me. Therefore when I bought the new door from Home depot, I did not talk to the salesperson if they taking the old door or not because I thought this is the norm.
The sales person never mention any thing about removal the old door. I called the salesperson on the store, she claimed that she told me about taking old door for extra charges, and promise me to call back because she had another line on hold. Two days are gone and of course she did not called. Now I am stock with old door.
I called the collection Garbage of my town, they requested the door to be cut to pieces not long that 4 feet by 4 feet.
I am an old man (73) and I suppose to take care of that.
This is the services I got from ( your subcontract and the salesperson)
Honest, I wish I never bought the door from you store and probably do not buy any thing from store in the future. And I have to learn the salesperson's tricks , and games they play.
Thanks for listening to my complaint

Bought battery drill in mount pleasant battery was defective tried to get new one but store wanted to send me to rental shop and not just exchange for a new one.store would would not honor purchase was Howell Mi.

My office is Brighton MI area. I was on my way to a project in Glen Arbor MI. I forgot my finish nail gun so I stopped at 2732to pick up a gun.Got to job put battery in charger several times tester said battery defectiveOn the way back stopped at store ,they treated me great but had no battery, Ed assured me I could get a replacement or battery at any store as long as I had receipt. Went to Howell ,Mi store. Bad attitudes and service. Didn't want to give me new battery. Walked out with nail gun didn't want to deal with them.

We purchased granite for countertops on 3/22 at the Mohegan Lake , NY receipt number 1251-548150. We were told that in 3 days someone will contact us for an appointment to make the template. After numerous calls we have yet to have an appointment. We need an appointment this week as it will then take 3 weeks to come and install. We need someone to get back to us ASAP. We are extremely angry at how we have been treated . This is not a way to do business!

I wish to lodge a formal complaint about how you people discriminate with your handling of what you consider to be a "veteran" when giving a discount. I proudly served in the US Navy for 11 years in the 70's and 80's. I asked for the veteran discount at your store here in Kerrville TX today and was told I didn't qualify while showing them a copy of my DD214 honorable discharge in 1981. Basically they told me I wasn't the "right kind" of veteran. Please explain to me what makes me not a veteran. I will not return to Home Depot. And, will stop using your credit card. Respectfully, but, honestly disappointed with that kind of treatment.

Over the last 18 months i have purchased in excess of $40,000 as a single consumer vs a business, in renovation material for 2 homes from home depot in north Miami Beach Florida.
Though my experience with the facility has been truly magnificent, specifically when dealing with certain outstanding individuals; Shauna Brady, Sam in the windows dept. They should be commended for trying so hard to resolve the issue considering limitations. However, my issue is with your third party provided of windows and doors, TM Windows. I purchased in excess of &10,000 for one renovation project in particular from homedepot/TmWindows. All were installed by my installer. One door in particular, front door, was mistakenly installed incorrectly by us initially. Seperately we noticed that the lock mechanism on this door did not work properly.

We contacted tm windows (through homedepot), their representative, Scott informed us that they did not have time to send someone out, he instructed us (and considering house was under renovation) to rig the lock shut by taping it, since he would get to us for 3-4 weeks out. We did as instructed, in the mean time, during renovation the house was broken into and sevreral tools, appliances were stolen. This incident prompted me to call Tm again and escalate the request. At that point they made is go through home depot again, to place another "ticket" for service.
Once they contacted me again (after numerous calls and emails ftom myself and folks at nmb home depot) they sent their guy. He brought a new lock installed and informs us door was installed wrong way.

I contacted them before paying to have door reinstalled in hopes that they might offer some guidance (i did not request they install or even guide the installation). They became so incensed by my requests that it prompted a torrent of disrespectful and useless emails from their management, Michael Arrango. I can provide if necessary. All along, all i was asking for was reassurance before i paid an installer that doors would be installed correctly, they refused.I hired another installer snd re-installed the door. Again only to find that the locking mechanism was still defective. Again this prompted a new set of email exchange, to the degree that Mr arrango became incredibly rude, sarcastic and delusional considering what he claimed they had done and what had actually occurred. Recap: they only sent 1 person out, once.. Installed new lock. He claimed they had completely gone out of their way. I do have over 20 email exchanges, perhaps this is efforts he is referencing.

At the end of the day, we still have a defective lock. They have not solve a problem that has taken an inordinate amount of time and my effort. It is disappointing when one deals with a respectable company such as home depot and then discovers that we are really dealing with companies that are non customer centric and irresponsible. It defeats the home depot slogan.. "Do it yourself" when a service provider of the home depot compromises those efforts. Their approach it seems us to maintain a complete "hands off" the problem for feat that they might have to take back a door or worse yet go through the exercise to send someone out again.

Seems to me (as a business owner) that the cost of solving such a problem could have been addressed easier, cheaper and faster initially if they have taken the time to send someone out again and just provided guidance to a legitimate "good" and valuable consumer/customer of the home depot. I am still in talks with tm Windows and their distasteful Manager Michael Areango. I am hoping they will resolve. As a consumer just thought i needed to advise you on your choice of providers, disgraceful!

I just had the worst customer service experience at store #8440 in Wilmington, Delaware. My girlfriend attempted to purchase me the current offer being run by DEWALT of the 12inch, 15 amp miter saw model #DWS780 (store sku #190262, currently 6 in stock) with the free stand DEWALT model #DWX723 (store sku #235294, currently 6 in stock) as a surprise. She went to the store and visually saw that they were both in stock this afternoon. She came home and attempted to order them online. However, the buy one get one offer is not available for immediate store pick up option at the store (it is at the local Lowes). She came home and ordered it online for store pick up, but it said that she had to wait to for the items to be shipped. She thought no big deal take the email and the store will honor it, if it is in stock. Wrong!!!! Not only was it not honored, there was no effort by the customer service to even attempt to honor it.

I presented all appropriate paperwork, was told both items were in stock, but because it was supposed to be “delivered to store” that I had to wait until it was. After confirming both items were in the store, I attempted to politely explain the situation, however it got me know where. I asked to have the order cancelled and I would go to Lowes, and the customer service representative said “fine: but I have to call and cancel the order. She called the number to cancel the order and they asked her a series of questions. I could tell when they got to why the customer wants to cancel because she paused and I said “tell the truth” and she didn’t. This is the last straw for me. Unfortunately, this store is very convenient for me. I know several of the employees on a first name basis (I also work part-time for a contractor), but from now on, I will drive the extra mile to go to Lowes.
Bottom line, what was ordered was in stock at the store, I had an email saying it was purchased, but because of faults on Home Depots end I am without a product. I will take my money elsewhere.

On 3/19, I had a washer/dryer set delivered to my home. The installer initially refused to install the washer, stating the connections needed to be replaced. To demonstrate, he twisted something, spewing water all over the floor of the laundry room. When I told him to hook it up because I had a plumber coming the next day, he couldn't get out of there fast enough. Left the room in a mess, water everywhere, failed to position the appliances (which I had to do), and after cleaning the water, found that my linoleum had been damaged when they moved the old washer out. Plumber checked all today and stated that everything was just fine, there was nothing wrong w/the connections. Sleazy and unprofessional - and cardboard and Styrofoam debris in the street in front of my house. WO# 1HSS131760, my order # 8572-120385. I am requesting that I be reimbursed for the floor. This was a very traumatic thing to go through. Would be happy to provide picture of damage upon request. Thank you. As it is, I would not refer Home Depot to anyone right now.

I ordered a cook stove AGR4230BAW on 7 March. It hasn't been delivered and the next delivery date is 23 March. There is no reason for the delay.It was ordered from the Red Bluff, Calif store.

I had two windows Installed $1000.00 for one. They were installed Jan. 26 2015. It is now March 10,2006. The springs??? on one Window do not work, Broken. The second Window has a couple defects in the bottom Glass. They have been telling me since the day installed, two to three weeks. The Springs that came in finally, were the wrong color, White instead of Bronze, to match my windows. Had to re-order. Twice, I have informed them about the glass in the second window. And as of today March 10th , since Jan 26, 2015, no one seems to know about the order. I was told it had been ordered. Guess what nobody has any paper work.

Really, for such a Large Company, they are very poorly organized and the communication is pretty sucky. Also the Caulking around the New Windows have been done Three Times, they just keep putting the Caulking over the old. Instead of removing and putting it around new. What I expect is my Windows done correct, since its been 1 1/2 Months. And for the Cost, I expect at least $500.00 refund for my Stress and not getting this job completed by now. Taking time staying Home waiting for Home Depot. This is so pitiful and unacceptable. I Will Never Buy a Screw from Home Depot. I think I have already been Screwed. Home Depot is a very poor excuse for a Company.

Have had a bout with cancer in and out of hospital since last September, just recently got home from hospital yesterday 3/4/15, unable to make credit card payment on time due yesterday 3/4/15, going to make payment at store today, called and asked to have late fee ($25.00) waived was told cannot and will not. Guess one can't get sick or you have to pay, pay, pay, sick or not sick, that's ok you just lost a customer over $25.00 will never shop in your store again!!! *** Thank you, sorry I got sick!!!

I just stopped by my local Home Depot on the way back to the shop to pick up a few items. I had thing that I needed and on the way out I went through the tool /hardware section. They had some Ryobi sale items in the main isle that interested me. We had just purchased a the Ryobi Lithium drill set a week earlier so I was curious about what other items they might have on sale. So I walked down to the power tool isle where all the other Ryobi tools were displayed. I did not stay long. The constant alarm ringing in this section was a major distraction to my concentration to the products. I thought it was crazy to treat regular customers like common thieves by asserting their right to video and have the loud beeping indicator to let you know they were videoing. I spoke to the sales guy working in that department and he stated that they had to by law notify us they were recording. I said OK. I am notifying you that I will not be treated like a common thief and I will no longer be shopping at Home Depot. I liked it better when they had the tool corral. In the old days they had enough employees to be in the department at all times and monitor the area. I wonder why there is not beeping all over the store since they are monitoring us with all the other camera they have.

Any if I was Ryobi I would pull my inventory or maybe pay a little more for a better spot that is away from this distraction. I have had it with Home Depot but love Ryobi. Where to go now. No I won't shop on line with them either.

Purchased a refrigerator December9, 2014. Began having problems with the water filter within a few days was a loud annoying noise. Called after the Christmas holidays lodged a complaint. Was informed by Home Depot it was the manufacturers problem to fix during the first year of service. Home Depot provided a number of a shop that fixes G.E. appliances in my area. They set up the first service call by 1/23/2015. The technician was a 25 year veteran worked on the refrigerator but could not resolve the problem had to return the following week January 27, 2015 for another try at repairing the noise. This time he stated he needed to order parts and did so. He returned on February 6, 2015 to install parts but was made aware by my wife before he left that the noise continued. Have been in touch with G.E.'s twice since then but we were told a chief engineer must come out and make a determination. We were never informed of when this would take place and for the most part have been put on hold all the while we are paying over $1200.00 for this appliance. We seek that they take the refrigerator back and credit our account.

Extremely bad costumer service (1160 Sherman way location). Jose G. Who was supposedly helping me for renting an equipment was very rude for no reason, didn't help out with the carry out at all, and when I retured the equipment 1:23 min late instead of him charging me hourly he charged me for an extra day, even though the invoice he gave me gives an hourly payment rate of 16.71 instead he charged me $65.00 more, replaying that it is the policy of Home Depot! Will not use their services anymore.

Purchased 8/15/12 Home Depot CS CO $1698 incl HD ext war. Within 2 mo's of purchase started having problems with cooling & icemaker. Please note this unit is not overused (1individual gone 6 mo's yr) or abused (no minors). Contacted store w/concern told to call Maytag warranty. Purchaser left for winter residence 12/12 - returned 6/13. Immediate problems. $1100 compressor & condenser need plus new icemaker. Alarmed by such extensive expensive problems to brand new fridge went back to store to ask for new fridge. Told nothing could be done until Maytag warranty over. Both Kevin HD appl sales & Mike Leonard mgr (both wonderful guys) stated knowing the troubles w/both Maytag warranty & the fridge stated "e are so much better once HD warranty kicks in 1 problem & we will switch it out for a new fridge". NOTHING could be farther from the truth.

We are now 1/2 yrs into the HD warranty. Over $2200 worth of parts & labor -literally everything has been replaced but the box it came in & it's still not working. Dealing with BOTH Maytag & Home Depot warranty companies are time consuming & labor intensive. Terrible frustrating maddening hair pulling blood boiling customer service. There is no need to provoke decent hardworking good paying customers to rage over such awful dissatisfaction. The worst game of pass the buck kick the can down the road circle jerk ever encountered. You should all be ashamed. Both warranty companies claim the service repair company will assess the need for a new fridge.

The service repair company denies that saying they are only authorized to make repairs. Met w/Greg HD store mgr 1/24/15 & 1/26/15 - expressed outrage & gave him an 8 1/2 page documentated report of repairs with receipts stating unequivoacably a new fridge was needed. No more repairs. (A Heather in HD warranty in ARK on 1/19/15 stated an "accelerated claim for buyout would be started - something later found not to be true - along with dozens of other false promises) Greg agreed. He promised to "look into it & get back to us. Instead almost within days the repair service co called to schedule more repairs. Once again we were being ignored. In phone calls to HD warranty/Greg/ & repair co they now all had the AUDACITY to state "well we are now dealing with an OLDER fridge." UNBELIEVEABLE. Also HD is saying we should deal with Maytag for replacement & Maytag is saying we need to deal with HD.

COME ON. I'm begging anyone at either or both companies with an ounce of sanity decency & that still values excellent customer service to reach me at 719-428-9890 for a resolution. In this case the customer is right. Very mad but right.

I purchased a Maytag front load washing machine Oct 2010. I also purchased Maytag dryer. The dryer had to be repaired soon after purchase. The washer had to be repaired within 2-3 months after purchase. I paid about 700.00 for washer. The first repair was done by A& E Service. They were horrible. They came in to diagnose it and ordered the parts. They said the parts were being delivered via UPS on a certain date. Took the day out of work no delivery. called them they said the parts were on backorder. How do you come up with a delivery date if the parts are not in stock?? The parts totaled 693.00. This went on for 5 weeks and the customer service was horrible. Finally the parts arrive. It was fixed on April 12,2011. That was covered under manufacturer warranty. So 700.00 worth of parts, my cost of 30.00 week to Laundromat for 5 weeks, plus the original price of the machine. Now the second repair was done Jan 15, 2013 $350.00 for parts. New England appliance was great to work with. I took out extended 2 year warranty. Just placed another call for yet another repair the machine is not pumping water out instead it's draining on my cellar floor. I also purchased Maytag OTR microwave with glider tray on March 12, 2011. On March 11, 2013 it has also failed and is currently not working. I'm starting to believe Home Depot bought Maytag appliances at a good deal before Whirlpool bought them out. These appliances are horrible. I'm so disappointed with the whole situation. I don't think I should have to keep renewing my warranty through Home Depot to cover these bogus appliances. I read many negative posts on complaint boards and didn't want to resort to that so I felt a direct e-mail would be better. I don't see me purchasing anything else from your store and if friends say they are looking for appliances I will just shake my head no.

Tina Palumbo

I placed an order for same day store pick up. When I arrived at the store, half the order was missing and there was no record in Home Depot's system that I ever ordered anything else. I cancelled the order completely. 13 days later, the ghost order showed up. I got an email letting me know it was ready for pick up. I called the store, cancelled it again...it had not been charged to my credit card at this point. The next day I got a call from the local Home Depot that my order was ready for pick up. I again cancelled the order(3rd time). The next day, my account was charged for the amount of the order. I now have encountered a $37 overdraft fee which Home Depot refuses to pay for.

PUCHASED BUILDING MATERIAL ON 27 MARCHH ANS ASK FOR AND PAID FOR DELIVERY A FEW DAYS LATER WAS TOLD I NEEDED TO AIT FOR MORE LUMBER TO BE ORDERED IN STORE I SAID OK THEN AFEW MORE DAYS WENT BY AND WAS TOLD THAT SOME FO THE POST I ORDEREED WERE IN BAD SHAPE SO ORDERING MORE AGAIN I SAID OK AND WAS TOLD THET WOULD BR IN ON THUR THE 11 OF APR. AND THE DELIVERY WOULD BE ON SAT THE 13TH OF APR. AFTER SITTING HERE MOST OF THE DAY I CALLED HOME DEPOT AND WAS TOLD THAT THE DELIVERY WAS NAT SCHED. BUT COULD BE DELIVERED ON THE FOLLOOWIND WED THE 19TH OF APR. WHICH IS 22 DAYS SINCE THE ORDER WAS MADE AND I AM VERYY DISCOURAGED WITH THIS SERVICE.

4 weeks ago I ordered mini blinds and installation from the Harrison, Ohio store. They didn't give too much information about the process, they just said it would be about 2 weeks. Well the contractor Arts blinds took 2 weeks to come measure. then I had to go back to the store to get blins well the store was out so the store called me when they got the blinds back in. another week.

The store said they would call Arts blinds and let them know that I had the blinds. well when I called Arts blinds 2 days later no one from home depot called like they said they would. so I had Arts coming out today because they only come to Indiana once a week they say and I had my 18 year old son stay home from school. He was supposed to be there between 9 and 11 a.m. Brandon called and left a message saying to call the store Arts blins .

Well when I did no answer I left a message. No response so I call on my 10 minute break and the lady said he couln't find a place to enter the house that wasn't muddy. If he would have pulled in the drive about 10 feet there was a sidewalk and grass and another door . Well the lady said he can't come for another week and I think he should've come back today or at least this week.

So I'm having someone else install my blinds and I just want you to know what kind of people are representing your name..By the way when I called the store al I got was thats your right no apology for the worst experience I have ever had with any store. Believe me when I get my money back I will never go there again even if I have to drive further.

I buy and spend money quite often and have never had a problem but after a recent home tree job I bought
A copule chains for my saw witch is a larger size and I expressed my concerns but was still told I could bring it back
I did this twice until I bought an entire new bar hoping it would work. But none of it does. I also have been
Told I am blocked out of the system for 90 days. I have laytex driveway sealer that I bought more than I needed and
By the time 90 days comes around there is a good chance it is bad.... This is going to make it so I can not send any of my men to homedeot I am not happy with this policy and have never had this problem before. The amout of this complaint is around $200.
But with the driveway sealer it will be more like $2000. I want to be contacted ASAP. Also use the system lowes has with the phone number system

August 2012 we decided to call Home Depot for window replacement. We had the district manager come by our house to set this all up. He promised us that they would be in on labor day and no later. The date that we had them complete this project was the week before Christmas 2012. There was alot of problems with scheduling and the contractors they would hire always seemed to quit when our job needed done. They ended up putting the windows in October and they measured 4 of the windows incorrectly. We also made two appointments for them to install. The first time they were to come they no showed us on a Sunday and then they lied and said we made the mistake. The other times my husband took off of work and he was no showed. The next time which was in December when I took off my job and they never showed and I had to call them. I called the district manager and he wanted to make another appointment. I asked him where they were and he had no idea what was going on. The district manager was covering for them the whole time and he lied every chance he got so he could look good. I was also promised compensation for the days that we took off of work for the no shows. They lied again to my face. The day that they no showed in December my windows were still in Baltimore and no one had them on a truck here in Hagerstown to come at 11:00 a.m They caused us alot of stress around the holidays to top it off. My house was a mess for four months and no one cared about it at all. I payed good hard earned money to have this done right. I could have went to your competitors and got it done in a day. What is up with that? Yet I chose Home Depot because I had other work done before and it was professionally done and in a timely manner. Yours standards has went down hill and I will never have work done again by your establishment. I am still waiting for that call since December 2012 on my price cut. I guess you need four months for that too.
Let me know what you decide.

Good day,

I am contacting you in hopes of resolving an issue which came about by trusting the advice of one of your associates to provide the right product for the right job.

My wife, myself and a friend of ours were to install clay tile on a pitched roof of our garage. My wife and I went to the local Home Depot in Signal Hill, CA. at Spring Street and Atlantic. We were directed to the area of the store which has roofing supplies. We spoke to an associate in that area and asked if he could reccommend what underlayment type paper to use to install clay tile on a pitched roof. He said that he didn't have knowledge of that, but that he could get the indivdual that is knowledgable in roofing. Just as we finished this conversation, the individual that he was going to contact showed up. We relayed our inquiry to him regarding the proper underlayment to use for installing clay tile on a pitched roof. He walked over to section of rolled paper and informed us that this is what we needed to purchase for the job. He then asked how many square feet of roof, and based on our answer told us that we needed two rolls. We purchased the 2 rolls of GAF TRIPLY #75 BASE SHEET that he suggested. Our friend installed the clay tile roof after laying down the TRIPLY. All appeared to be well.

At this same home, we had a contractor doing some more extensive work at our home. While he was on the jobsite he noted some rot on roof plywood planking over the porch. We had him include that in his bid. He removed the clay tile and the damaged plywood planking. He replaced the plywood planking. We informed him that we had leftover under layment from installing the garage roof. We brought it to him and he took one look at it and said, this is not the right paper to install for this type of roof. He told us that the TRIPLY #75 BASE SHEET is only used for hot mopped flat roofs, and not to be used under clay tile roofs. My wife immediately went over to the Home Depot to speak to the supervisor on duty. Her name is Letty. My wife explained our dilema. Letty went to her computer, went on the web and pulled out the information sheet TRIPLY Design and Application Instructions. She read through the information and informed my wife that this product can very well be used for application of clay tile on a pitched roof. My wife brought the information home and I reviewed it when I returned from work. After reviewing the information sheet for this product it clearly states that it is not for pitched roof application. It is a product used for a flat roof much like my contractor indicated.

The following day my wife went back to Home Depot. Letty was not on duty. She spoke to another supervisor that was on duty, his name is Alex. My wife again explained our situation, adding the newly acquirred information I had read from the information sheet for this product. At that moment the associate that had suggested the TRIPLY arrived at the customer service desk. He immediately spoke up. His memory was clear about our visit and about the job we told him we were going to perform, but he said he did not remember giving us any paper. My wife asked him; you remember our visit, our questions to you about the product to use for this type of roof but you don't remember providing us the paper? Other customers who were standing at the desk and Alex looked at him in disbelief. My wife then asked Alex if someone from Home Depot could come out and evaluate the cost of a corrective repair. He said Home Depot would noy do that. He said all that he could authorize is to return the money for the TRIPLY paper which was purchased. My wife was very dissatisfied with his offer and asked for the corporate contact number. He told her it was on the receipt.

My wife contacted Cindy at 1 800 654-0688 ext.76526. She was given a case number of 51625944. She said she would investigate. The same day Letty, the first supervisor my wife confronted about our situation, called my wife and offered $200 plus the cost of the material we bought for the inconveinence. My wife informed her that the lowest bid we had to replace the paper on the roof was $1,650. My wife asked her to send someone out from Home Depot to replace the paper for that cost. Letty said that would be impossible. My wife then called Cindy at corporate customer service to update her on the conversation she had with Letty. A few days later we received a letter of intent to provide us with a gift card of $250 to compensate us for our troubles. I have attached the letter with this email.

What I am asking for, is more reasonable compensation for the troubles your associate has caused us. If he hadn't been presented to us by the first associate we spoke to as being the technical person to speak to regarding roofing material; I wouldn't have put as much faith as I did in his decision to provide us that paper. Please review the trouble your employee has caused us, and provide a equitable compensation.

Thank you for your time in reviewing this matter

William

williamstapleton38@yahoo.com

11/7/12 10 AM, ordered online an electric fireplace order #177770706, same day 4.30 PM called to cancel order. @ 1 800 430-3376, Meadra stated I will get cancellation # within 30 minutes via email. 11/8- 9am TALKED TO mARY RE NO EMAIL WITH CANCEL #, SHE SAID IT WOULD TAKE 48 HRS, BUT WILL CALL FOR # AND GOT IT # 496560, WAS TOLD EMAIL TO COME VERIFYING CREDIT. 11/12/12 TALKED TO ASHLEY, ABOUT NO EMAIL VERIFYING CREDIT, SHE CALLED WAREHOUSE AND TALKED TO BOBBY AND GOT #CR52852695, WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE ON VIASA CARD WITHIN 5 DAYS. 11/27 TALKED TO CLARISSA SHE COULD GET THRU TO WHOEVER TO VERIFY CREDIT, AND SAID SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU BACK TODAY (11/27/12) 11/30 sANDY FROM SHIPPING COMPANY WANTED TO VERIFY PICK-UP OF RETURN ITEM, TOLD HER IT WAS NEVER RECEIVED, AND SHIPMENT WAS PULLED FROM DELIVERY AT WAREHOUSE. NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK ON THE 27TH. 12/4 TALKED TO NOEL, HE SAID THERE IS CONFUSION ON THE ITEM BEING SHIPPED???? IT WAS NEVER SHIPPED, NEVER RECEIVED BY ME, ORDER WAS CANCELLED 8 HOURS AFTER PLACED. IN THE MEANTIME THEY HAVE PROCESSED THE CHARGE $509.74 WITHIN 48 HOURS, AND CANNOT PROCESS CREDIT IN OVER 3 WEEKS. THIS IS NOT RIGHT, 5 PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN ME 5 DIFFERENT ANSWERS, AND EACH ONE SAID THE PERSON BEFORE WAS WRONG. PLEASE...PLEASE, SOMEONE TAKE CARE OF THIS
J MURRAY ROBERTSON 954-427-3739
WHEN CALLING I AM ASKED IF I WILL TAKE A SATISFACTION SURVEY AFTER THE PHONE CALL. 4 OUT OF 5 TIMES THE AUTO RETURN CALL WAS PLACED WHILE I WAS STILL ON THE PHONE, WITH ONE OF THE CLERKS????

On 11/21/12 I purchased a refrigerator from the Home Depot store in Fishkill, NY. We were told that we could have it delivered by the 26th and that the item was in stock. We opted to have it delivered on December 10th. A few days later I contacted customer service for delivery and asked if it was possible to switch the delivery date to 12/1/12 and was advised yes. They changed the date. We did receive a confirmation phone call the day before and advised they would be at our home between 2-6 on that date. We sold our old refrigerator and had them remove it on the day the new one was to arrive which was 12/1/12. It was getting late so I called delivery and was assured they would be there but probably running late. They never showed. I called again but they were closed. I then called the Home Depot where I purchased the refrigerator. After two days of calls back and forth I found that there was a mix up with the customer service in delivery. I am livid. I had to throw out food as we did not have a refrigerator then had to buy a dorm size refrigerator from Lowes for the rest of my food. Our refrigerator will not be delivered until 12/10/12. I feel we should be not only compensated for my loss of food but also for the inconvenience of having to buy a dorm size refrigerator of which I will have no use for once the new one is delivered. I was going to purchased all my appliances at Home Depot since I just moved into my new home, but because of this I had second thoughts.

i purchased a toro recycler lawnmower in oct.2012- i bought it early so that it would be available when i needed to use it.it started when i assembled it according to instructions. the next time i tried to start it was without success. i returned it to the home deport where it was purchased at 6708 e. mckellips rd in mesa,az. they basically told me tough luck, the store manager did not try to communicate with me,even though i waited for over an hour,and not only that they also would not direct me to a place that covers toro warranties. the mower has a three year warranty but i can't ship it back to iowa,in my opinion home depot should exchange it. but i guess they were right- tough luck- i'll remember this and alert any and all who may ask about the practices of home depot.

On September 2nd I ordered a LG Washing Machine on the condition that it would deliver on September 7. The order was taken by the web and the delivery confirmed on September 6 in the afternoon – as scheduled. Approximately 7:00 PM on September 7, I was notified from the LG Home Depot Support desk that the order would not be delivered as scheduled – no reason was given. I called the LG support desk at 8:10 PM and learned that it was closed for the day.

I then contacted the HOME DEPOT support team. That was a colossal waste of time. During this call, I was told that an appointment was made for September 14. At no time was I contacted about that delivery date – frankly it is unacceptable. The customer service representative and her supervisor were unable to insure the order would deliver as scheduled and the best they could do would be to an email because LG was closed for the day.

I then cancelled the order after telling them in no uncertain terms I would no longer do business with HOME DEPOT. I want to make sure that you all fully understand the ramifications of this in action.

1 – The order was canceled. I will go to LOWES and order a similar device for about the same price. LOWES will deliver next day. So, instead of a making good on your promise to deliver, you have lost sale.

2 – I will not shop at HOME DEPOT again. The last major purchase will be paid off by the end of the month and totaled about $2K. The previous year I re-did my kitchen using the Depot program. That cost approached $20K. Since 1996 (my retirement from the army), I have been a loyal customer – generally spending a conservative average of $2.5K a year on everything from wood to plants. You have lost these sales.

3 – I am a logistics professional. I fully understand inventory, manufacturing and shipping – that is my life. To suggest that the delivery is manager by LG is purely a resource driven decision. I may be made by efficiencies, but there are hundreds of work arounds. None of which were explored ore even offered. Why pick up the phone if you can’t fix something.

4 – I will tell all of my friends and family of this transgression and urge them to not shop at HOME DEPOT

In sum, the inability to even offer any alternative options or delivery for this device and failure to understand the consequences of this failure speaks volumes for HOME DEPTOT’S inefficiency and management style. It is not my concern – nor should it be – that this decision was made by LG – they are your vendor and should not be managing you.

I you would like to chat or if you have a resolution, but given the inept customer service and inefficiencies I’ve experienced in this debacle, my guess is DEPOT will not attempt to salvage my relationship.

I was making a payment on line and thought the transaction was complete but got a notice (on the web-site) that there was a problem. So I called the customer service and told them I wanted to pay the bill but I wanted to be sure it didn't get paid twice.
( I was paying off the total of over $4,700+ !!)
The lady said, "Oh, not to worry, if that happens we'll refund it no problem! So, I gave the info again and the next day I found out the payment had indeed been taken TWICE!!
So, I called customer service again. They said, "Oh yes, we see the balance was paid twice and you have a $4,700+ credit balance and we'll be happy to refund but it will take about THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!
$4,700 is a lot of money to me! I'm bouncing checks, even to the I.R.S.!! I need that money back NOW!!

My husband and I were at the Bossier City, LA(#364) Home Depot on February 21, 2013. After waiting for 40 minutes to be helped we finally got a manager to come over who was anything but courteous. Due to time restraints we had no option but to continue our purchase, however we will not be shopping at this store again. We spent over $800 and were treated very rudely. We spend a lot of money at Home Depot as we are doing a complete remodel of our home.

In our newly purchased house, we decided to replace the laminate countertop with Silestone countertop. We selected a design and Home Depot sent the contractor to take measurements in about 15 days. We placed the order on July 27, 2012 and paid in full around $6,200. After about a month of order placement, We received a call from the installer that they want to come for the installation on a week day no later than 3 PM. I told them that on week days no one is at home before 6 PM and requested if they can come after 6 PM on a week day or at any time of their choice on a weekend. They told me that this is not possible. Therefore, I had to take day off from my work to get the countertop installed.

They came to install the countetop and found that they had made mistake in measurements of the two pieces for the sink and breakfast nook. After about a couple of weeks a person came to take the measurements for the those two pieces. After another couple of weeks later I received a call from them that the new pieces of the countertop are ready to be installed and someone should be available at home on a week day before 3 PM. Again I requested them if that can be done after 6 PM or on a weekend. The answer was the same "No". I had to take time off from work again.

Finally they came to install the two new pieces at the time of their choice. This time the new pieces were of correct dimensions but they looked different in color (shade) from the rest of the pieces. Also the breakfast nook piece was not installed horizontal. It was leaning by 1/2" from outer side. When pointed this to the installers they said it is because of problem with the brackets and nothing wrong with the coutertop. The old Laminate coutertop was perfectly horizontal with the old brackets though. When informed the salesperson at Home Depot about these issues, he assured me that they will compensate me and fix the problems. Then started a period of inspections of countertop. The Assistant Branch Manager came to see the countertop herself. She noticed the difference of color between the new and old pieces but she wasn't sure whether this was due to different lighting in different sections. We provided them the picture of the old and new pieces which were clearly showing difference.

After about 5 months, today, Dec 01, 2012, I was informed by the manager that there is nothing Home Depot can do and I have to accept and live with it. So here I am after spending close to $7,000, taking two day off from work and living about 5 months with broken kitchen walls (they broke the dry walls while removing the tiles from back splash). I am wondering do I have any recourse? In this case they (Home Depot) are the party and the judge too. Is any body at the top in Home Depot who cares for customer satisfaction? I have had absolutely no complaints against Home Depot before this transaction and for any renovation project, my first stop has always been Home Depot. However, after going through all this, I feel like I have been ripped off and I will think 100 times before turning towards Home Depot.

I had Bailey's Co coming to install a dishwasher and was told between 3 and 7. Called @ 6:00 and said it would be an hour, called back again @8:00 and said they had 1 more drop off and would be there. I told them I have two small kids that I need to get to bed and this was too late anyway. I told thr driver to put us first on the list for the next morning and to call me back for the confirmation, by 10:00 no call by Bailey's. I called them and explained the situiation to the manager (Sam) and said I wanted the dishwasher installed that day and he said he could not do that and it would be another week. He did not offer an apology or even act like he cared, he was too busy too deal with customer service complaints. Home Depot these are the people that are repesenting you company, you might want to look into this. If this what I can expect in the future Lowes can have my business.

I've call the home depot on 12 Coliseum Dr. Nashua, NH twice now at different occasions. The first time I waited 20 minutes and gave up. I again called back hoping to speak with a person in the a specific department and waited another 25 minutes. Is there only ONE incoming line? Very disappointed.

The Home Depot lessons or teaching sessions that they have make doing it yourself possible.  I have recently purchased a home and my wife and I found it easy to make the home improvements necessary when owning a new home.  We rebuilt the fence, hung shutters and blinds, repainted the rooms, and change all the light fixtures all under the tutelage of the Home Depot lessons.  It truly is a store where you can save more and do more.

Simply put Home Depot does not stand behind the contractors poor quality work. You are on your own when it comes to finding and hiring a contractor that you can trust. They don't even think they need to reply to the BBB. Just a friendly warning from someone who has learned the hard way about Home Depot.

Hi, I hope I have enough space, because this is a long story. I ordered on line ( dec28,2014) a stove #Model JB250DFWW, for a rental I have, the renters glass top stove had a crack on it, they delivered the 31 of December, Xmas eve, they took the old one, and installed the new one, and after tryng it, there was electrical problem, so they called the Office and told the delivering men to take the new one back to the store and re-install the old one. We had a big argument with the customer support team, so we cancel that stove. got our money back as soon as they could send it, after we complained and complained. Now we went directly to the store #4614 the 4th January to order one in person, (mean while we had to deduct the rent to our renters because we thought it was a danger to cook in the broken glass top stove, so they had to order food ) okay we liked a stove and the sellesman told us that the one next to the one we were looking at , was less expensif and right for a rental, we agreed with him, the stove looked real nice, the add on top of the stove said it was $ 349 , so we deceided to get it, he went and did all the paper work , we paid for it , and told the renter they were going to deliver it the 1/7/15, she was happy. They delivered the stove on that day and installed it. the renter did not know what kind of stove we bought. so after they left, my renter had an emergency call and had to leave for new York, she came back on the 1/16/15 and gave me a call, asking if I knew the stove had only one big burner and 3 small one. I did not think it was right, so I went back to the store next day, and asked a sellperson in that dept. about the order, I showed her the one I ordered and after she checked on the computer, she says, they delivered the wrong one. What happen is that they had the wrong add on top of the stove and the number was wrong, the number was for another one (the one they delivered) we had to call one the manager and he did took care of every thing, so now I have to wait to see if they will deliver the right one model # RB526DHWW- store SO SKU # 1000050834, meanwhile I had to pay for this one, and wont get my money back for the other one till they take it back to the store. This is a real mess and somebody is not doing their job. Since Xmas I am having night mares about stoves... The last person who really knew what was going on , was very smart and knew the problem right away, she printed all the paper work so my rental can see wich stove we bought, her name is Ms. Martha Lambert, she needed the help of her supervisor Mr. Raffael Santana and he was a super first class supervisor he did everything he could to make things right for me. They have to be aknowledge for thei work to help and please a customer. So now I am going to have more night mares till the new stove get delivered the 1/22/15. and then wait till I get my money back. So now Is my question ? why I had to go through all this hard time just to buy a stove from Home Depot.??? Do I have to write to B.B.C. to complain ? are you going to get in touch with me to discuss all this mess ? what is going to happen ? do I have to write to Mr. Craig Menear to let him know whats going on with his Home Depot ? Please let me know...

I purchased a heating and air condition central unit from home depot on 08-15-14. It was installed by delta mechanical o8-19-14. I9 had a problem with the duck work that comes from the heating unit. I called and nobody came out.i went to my local home depot store and talked to the manager. He was very nice and had one of the employes to call delta. Three daylater nobody had come. I called my local home depopt again. They were very nice. They called delta mechanical a gain and i called delta again and talked to a woman. She apoligiced numerus times and i told her idid not want an apoligy . I wanted service. They came out the next day in the afternoon and repaired it in 15 minutes after i waited 9 days . I complained to a woman at delta and she said she would pass my complaint along, no reply. I think n9 day is not aressnable response time. A disfied costmer

A new dryer was purchased for my rental property from Morgan Hill CA, Home Depot. The Dryer kept blowing a fuse in the unit, making it not operable. I paid an Electrician $125 to check my electrical. He assured me that there was no problems with my electrical wiring in the house, I called GE Service Department to have the fuse replaced. There were no fuses in stock throughout the whole state of California. I had to pay $88 to have two new fuses rushed in as replacements. Another fuse blew, as soon as the dryer was turned on. At this point I was so mad and discussed,! This dryer was under a warranty, but no one could fix the problem, or willing to replace it. I contacted Home Depot and demanded a different brand of Dryer. A Maytag was delivered to replace the GE. The Maytag Home Depot refused to pick up the GE dryer from my house. It has now been a month since the Maytag was delivered, of course this dryer is working fantastic! No, problem with it at all! Another month has passed and Home Depot is refusing to come and collect the GE Dryer, and they have informed me they will not give me a refund until the GE dryer is returned. What kind of a company is this anyway! Charge me for two dryers, making me pay for additional costs to trouble shoot the problem, purchase fuses, and not make things right! A company of this size should have there act together! I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot again!!! I recommend everyone to shop somewhere else!!!

I traveled approx 35 rt miles to pick up a replacement unit coming from Nogales Az Home depot via a manager from that store, dropped off at the Irvington store in Tucson, Az. The box was open, so I asked them to check the heater top. It was used and they said just take it home and see if it worked. They refused to return my money so I could get a heater. I am diabetic and spent the night in the cold due to your employees non caring attitude. I am finding this is a big issue with home depot. I have been on hold with the dyna glo company to see if they will do what you refused to do. My next step is to go to ripoffreport.com and file and the social sites. I am disabled and this is just wrong. I am giving you a chance to make it right.
My phone number is 520-551-3282.

Your computer system that talks to your card holders tells the customer one thing and when I called the service dept and talked to a service rep I was told something different and he also give me the impression that he didn;t really care if I shop at Home Depot or not. .As of right now I believe that I will pay off my balance of $130.25 and then make my purchases elsewhere.
Don Wickerham

On Wednesday 3-19-14 we sat down with one of the kitchen specialist to design our kitchen we added installation and counter tops. The total at the time for both with installation and taxes came to 17893 dollars. At that time the sales rep said they would decline such a large purchase and a check would be better. I went back on Friday with a check for the purchase amount he gave us and we all agreed upon. When I sat down with him to pay the bill, he told me it was $19464.00.

When asked why so much he said the underwriter added two pieces of molding. The molding only came to $500. I asked him to go over it again with his underwriter and he told us we are wrong. He said we heard the total wrong and we have to pay this amount. I am very dissatisfied as a customer. I will be reporting home depot to the BBB and will never shop there again! I would please appreciate either and email or phone call back. This purchase was at the Copiague Home depot in New York.

On March 22, at 9:30 am I went to our local Home Depot at Cedartown GA. I was shopping for 15 bundles of roof shingles for my new garage that was being constructed. When I entered the building “Yavonne ” was the cashier. I told her that I would be needing some help loading the shingles. She told me she would get someone. After waiting several minutes and still no help I loaded the cart by myself. ( I am 68 years old). I went to the front checkout where “Yavonne” was still there.

She said she couldn’t find anyone, but she would find someone to help me load my truck. After waiting again for several minutes and still no help I started to load my truck with the shingles by myself. When I was almost done a girl came out and told me that she would help me. The shingles weighed more than she did.. During this whole process I did not see any associates at all. With service like this I think that it is time I start doing my shopping at Lowes.

Ordered door November waited through the holidays and excuses that they had numerous issues with the shipping co that damaged my door. Reordered and waited until March to finally get a partially complete door. Wrong door locks made 5 trips to the store, made over 20 phones calls spoke to manager, promised to make good finally after finally got the door installed after two carpenter visits, Home Depot took the joy out of having this door installed 4 months later, they offered a can of paint labor to finish the trim as their compensation. Every time I look at the door reminds me of the hassle I went through what a horrible feeling to pass on to your customer Home Depot . Not even a letter of apology, not even a follow up by the manager shows how much you don’t care how you treat your customers or want them to come back.

On several occasions, in the last 6 months to a year, my sub-contractor and I have purchased smoke alarms which would not connect with each other. After having the wiring inspected by a licensed electrician, he said the smoke alarms are probably faulty. Needless to say after several trips back and forth to Home Depot, trying alarms, the problem was not resolved. My sub-contractor got smoke detectors from another company, and they work fine and are connecting.

The second problem I have had is we pickup an Elegonated toilet cover with a new toilet, sicks and faucets. Again, my subcontractor had to go back to Home Depot to pickup the right toilet seat, as they gave us a regular toilet cover instead of elegonated one. He just recently had to go back to Home Depot again because of a faulty value in the toilet cover. I just recently picked up a faucet (Delta) and found that the spray hose does not work correctly, and my contactor has to back to Home Depot. Needless to say, this is costly and time consuming for him, and inconvenience to me, as I have to keep taking time off from work for him to come back and forth and fix problems or replace defective items that we bought at Home Depot.

I am very disappointed, needless to say, with the products that I have bought at Home Depot, not to mention to inconvenience for my Sub-Contractor who has to go back and forth and change these products and has to spend more money to get a better product and is costing me more money in the long run.

Twice in the last eight months or so, a home depot customer has phyiscialy assuallted an assistant store manager at home depot, not once but twice. The first time it happened (with witnesses) the comment was made “If it happens again, we’ll talk with customer about it”. Well it happened again with the same customer and the same assistant store manager. I expect this to be retified within the next 24 hours or I will obtain legal consul . At no time will someone lay hands on a member of my household and be held accountable and if Home Depot does not step up to this, I will step up to Home Depot and the lack of concern it has for its employees and their safety. My telephone on this matter is 205-753-1695 and I will inform you of the store location

I would like to file a complaint about port huron home depot. I went to home depot and purchased a lg pantry cabinet on 4/21/ 2013. When we got home and opened the box. The doors were ripped off the cabinet. The whole cabinet had cracks on the side and gouges in it.I drove 130 miles round trip to buy this product. I had to make another 130 miles round trip to take it back and they did not have another one. I think i should be reimbursed for my gas mileage. I asked about it and was told they dont do that. Im one very unhappy customer. And i will tell people to stay away from home depot.

Last week, at the Fort Walton Beach, FL store there was great rep named Manela. She helped me order my products over the phone so I can get the military discount and shipped to my house for free. Today at the same store, there is a rep named Cecelia. She just sat in her chair looked it up on the internet and asked if that is it. I said yes. She said go on the internet at home and order it. She doesn’t call in orders. I said this is what the other lady did for me. She said she never did that for the past 4 years. If Home Depot is wondering why they lose money, this is why. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I bought a shed on 3/11/13 from Home Depot Columbia, S.C. Harbison store. I found out after they received complete payment by me and my USAA credit line account that they outsource to a HIp out of maine, and the installation company is almost 100 miles from me in Aiken, S.C. Home Depot was paid in full and said they were not responsible for the shed? What kind of crazy crap is that? On my statement with USAA Savings Bank credit line they were paid one thousand sixty eight dollars for the shed and it is not in my yard yet! Then I found out they changed the installation date from 4/8 to 4/15 today and they are still not here and I am going on a second payment on the shed that is not in my yard yet. The installer said they are almost 100 miles away in Aiken , S.C. They are supposed to come today but are still not here.
If they are not here by this afternoon I want all of my money back on my credit cards, and the 159.00 tie down fee on my USAA American Express card also, which have all been paid out to Home Depot Harbison, Columbia, S.C. and HIP installers. I would never recommend Home Depot to anyone as it has become a nightmare, see my facebook page also. Bettie Taylor

I have recently purchased a house and planned on getting most of the remodeling done by Home Depot. The first thing started was a $4k purchase for carpet that went smoothly from the Everett, WA Home Depot. Then we found the Snohomish, WA Home Depit close to our house and were going to do the entire house in window blinds $2k worth… This has been the absolute sorriest experience I have ever had. Owen the sales person was great and informative. This past Wed. I received a voice message saying my blinds came in. At 4 pm I called back and spoke with a a person and they asked for my phone number and would call me back in a min… That phone call never came back. Thursday I tried calling back once again to be transferred to several different department before speaking with a lady that said the installers will contact me in 48 hrs. Friday at approx. 3pm would be 48 hrs… Still no phone call… Sat I decided to call back to the Home Depot only to be told that my blinds were still ready for pick up when they should be installed… This time I asked to speak to a manager that couldn’t tell me much except for that they would call the installers and see what they could do with a promise to call me back… This is from the Service Desk at Snohomish, WA Home Depot at 10:45 am… This way you can locate which manager it is bc I didn’t catch his name. This promise doesn’t mean too much bc I had already been promised a call back and never received it. Unless this goes any better next time ill drive further and work with Lowes. I feel like I’m dealing with a bunch of children at the Snohomish location. Customer Service must be on the low end of the priority list and i will be glad to share my experience with anyone looking to have work done if this doesn’t change. Please feel free to call me or have someone from the store call me and apologize to show that someone believes that an honest apology for poor customer service from the people responsible not a corporate place still exists. (850)699-3023

Just returned from the home depot neshaminy where I purchased (3) pressure treated boards. I’m a retired Marine and asked for the military discount. The checkout girl told me to go to self checkout and pay there then come back to the other end of the store where my items were. I get to self checkout and there is no one there to help me, after 5 minutes someone shoued up and pretty much made me feel as if I was annoying them. The only place you had a real person was the original checkout person who couldn”t help me. I have been a loyal customer at that location since the store opened and have spent at least 50 thousand dollars at the neshaminy store. Someone should look into how that store is being operated, I know they lost me as a customer.

In 2011 I bought a zero turn lawn mower as soon as I got it problems return to Home Depot they have to send it off. I was told factory problems when made said they repaired ,first time I used it same prom less return to Home Depot sent it off again said it still had original problems I had 22 hours on machine sent back for vibration choke stuck would not easily start belt would not stay on.

They said it was a factory issue by then I had to buy a new. Lawn mower ,finally I talk to bob in tool rental in turf land mall, Lexington,ky the repair company called me were going to bring it back with same problems.they are suppose to return to my home as was includied in my purchase they will not I returning to a different Home Depot 18 miles away said to take it or not.

i have no one to turn afteri paid over $5,000.00 for it.some one help me as good as a customer I have been.

On April 9, 2013, I visited the above mentioned Home Depot at 7:40 pm with the intention to purchase shrubs and mulch. I have a gift card with a balance of $120.00. As I approached the register in the outside Garden center, the tatttoed cashier violently flung the booth window open. She said, “We’re closing this register right now” (with a lot of attitude). Then she rolled her eyes and said, “I’ll ring you out”- again with attitude. I told her to forget about my purchase and that I wanted to speak to a manager. She then said,
“I didn’t do nothing wrong and I’m in charge out here”. She proceeded to page a manager. A young lady came and apologized for her behavior. Noone is going to want to make any purchases with such a rude cashier handling customers in the Garden center. If you were to view the security camera, you would be able to verify the unacceptable behavior of this rude employee. I was so disgusted that I no longer wish to shop at Home Depot. By the way, this incident occurred at 7:45 pm which was 15 minutes prior to your Garden Center closing.
If you want to improve your sales, you need to lose this horrible Garden Associate with the awful attitude towards customers.
If you’d like any further information, please call me at 440-884-1851.
Gary J. Brezina

I just wanted you to know why I am not shopping at Home Depot stores anymore. The reason is thus: The ‘beeping video monitors’. One day last week, I was in need of a copper fitting for a job. I needed to ‘think’ and find the correct part. Every time I moved, I heard this annoying and distracting beeping sound. Then I noticed that every 20 feet or so, there was a video monitor displaying ‘me’.

And when I moved, it beeped. Then I began to notice these devices were installed through out the store in places, no doubt, where shop lifting might be relatively easy. So, I brought this to the attention of a female employee who told me that the beeping was to alert the employees to my presence so they could assist me. Not only do you think we are all thieves, you think we are all stupid!

I am not a thief. Nor am I stupid. Now, when I visit Home Depot, I feel like the Corporation ‘thinks’ that I am a thief. Who ever is responsible for this idiotic installation of such devices should be given a pink slip. I spend alot of money at HD and Lowes. …and I don’t get the ‘evil eye’ when I go to Lowes…so…why would I subject myself to that level of ‘scrutiny’ at Home Depot? I will not!

I am astounded at the incompetence exhibited by two of your Home Depot employees at the Bonney lake, Washington store. They should be somewhat knowledgeable about the products they are selling/recommending…especially in the Home Depot paint dept. Last August, I asked your employee what I should use to paint my outside deck. What she recommended (and what I bought based on her recommendation) turned out to be some kind of porch paint, not to be used for uncovered surfaces.

It looked nice, but didn’t last more than a few months (about 90 days) and now it looks worse than when I started. So……not only am I out the $100 or so it cost me to do the job, I now have to invest more money and all of the labor to do the job right. I understand that people make mistakes, but if I did that in my business, I’d be out of business.

So today, I went back to the Home Depot store and mentioned the issue to the person who waited on me. She said ” Yeah, I know who told you that…..she’s been here for 7 years, you think she would learn…especially when she’s been told repeatedly”. Then today’s clerk recommended the Restore product which looks very good. Based on my square footage, she told me that I would need 6 to 7 5gallon pails to cover the deck.

At a cost of approx. $550 to $650 to do the job. After my first Home Depot experience, I decided to investigate myself….and after reading the back of the product, I found that I only need 3-1/2 5 gallon pails to do the job (which was then confirmed by your chief competitor. If I had listened to your so called expert, I would have invested approx. $350 more than I should have. When combined with the previously spent $100 plus all the wasted labor…..well you get the picture.

I have been a loyal Home Depot customer and have become increasingly disenchanted with the competency of your employees and also the quality of your products. I am sure that there are many others like me. Bottom line……your competitor is going to get the Restore sale and all the related sales that go with it.

I went to Mattoon illinois Home Depot to purchase 1700 sq ft of hardwood flooring, I ask to speak with the manager on this purchase, the lady setting at the desk in the floor dept was busy eating but did advice me the manager was to busy doing paperwork to come and help me, I walk away and go to the contractor area , they call manager for me.

I speak with the manager I ask if they have any discounts on this purchase, like the credit card deals you sometimes run, he informed me there were none. Mind you I have check in hand and ready to buy ($6000.00 worth) I walked out the door with my check, I now get upon the computer and find that you will give a 10 percent discount for disable vets up to $500.00, also read that large purchases Home Depot would call home office for discount.

I called lumber liquidators they did work with me and that where I am going to purchase my flooring. Had the manager at home depot worked with me you would of had the sale. I like Home Depot and would hate to lose this store , losing sales like this isn’t good for business I would of like to of spent my money here in Mattoon instead of Champaign in the end I ended up with getting a 25 year warranty and saved myself $350.00 dollars and free delivery and this is after I figured sales tax, what a shame.

Barbara Beals

Lazy Employees!!! email i sent to homedepot complaint center: I was just at the home depot on 800 North Brookhurst Street in Anaheim, CA 92801. I never write to complain but my latest experience at this store was just ridiculous and I am compelled to say something about it, in hopes that it gets to the right people and something can be done so that it doesn’t happen to someone else.

I went to the store looking for a carpet rake that I saw on the HD website. I couldn’t find it in the broom and mop area so I asked an employee named James. He said he has never seen it in the store before. He called the carpet department for me and we walked over to the department. James and I were met with another employee…

I did not see his name, but he had tattoos (sleeves) to both arms. The employee told me they didn’t carry it in the store. He asked me if I was sure it wasn’t an “online only” item. I told him I was certain it was available in the store. He said he and another employee had both tried to look for it already with no luck. Both of them said no its not here. I think it is impossible to believe that 2 people walked around the entire carpet department to look for this item in the time it took for James and I to get there.

I don’t believe they even bothered to look… but reluctantly I went on my way a little upset because I felt like I had wasted my time driving here if the info on the website was incorrect. Before I left I went back to the mop and broom area just to make sure I hadn’t missed it when another employee named John approached me and asked if I needed help. I told him I was just looking for carpet rake but a couple employees already told me it is not available.

I kept walking pass him and didn’t really pay attention to him. I walked to the broom and mop aisle and again, no luck. I was about to walk out of the store when I see John walking up to me with a carpet rake!!! He had found the item I was looking for at the carpet department! The carpet rake that 2 other employees that actually worked in the “carpet department” just told me they didn’t have.

This guy John (I don’t know his last name but he is an older Caucasian male with grey hair and wears glasses)… needs to be commended because he went out of his way to find an item that I was already told wasn’t available. I didn’t even ask him to do it. On the other hand the 2 other employees need to be fired because they were just too lazy to help me actually look for an item. Either that or they just don’t know the inventory in the store they work at. Both offenses I feel warrant termination, but then again i’m not the boss.

All i can say is if it wasn’t for John, I would’ve walked out of that store and headed to Lowes to buy my product. And home depot would have lost my business. Granted it was only a $12 purchase I hope home depot still cares about its customers. And I hope to hear back from someone regarding this matter.

Be very careful in getting the details of what is included when you purchase doors at Home Depot. Nevermind that they screwed up the installation date and insisted I had scheduled the installation of my storm doors on my son’s birthday and then could not reschedule it for the date that it was actually set up for in the first place. The installation was supposed to include removal of the old doors however it would appear they use a different dictionary than the rest of us. When I talked to their contractor about his removing the doors to the dump he stated that was not included.

Rather than argue with him I called HOME DEPOT and told them what was going on and that removal was included. They backed the contractor and told me that removal only means removing the old doors from the frame and I would have to take care of the debris removal. The fact that in order to install the doors automatically necessitated that the old doors be taken out to make room for the the new ones apparently should have made it clear to me that that was the removal they meant when they sold me the doors. I was told I should have asked what removal meant which amazes me.

If they were replacing old doors and told me removal was included one would assume that means removal of the debris as they certainly could not have meant that unless removal was included the homeowner would have to remove the old doors before their contractor installed the new ones. BUYER BEWARE as the other contractor I talked with first had indicated that he was removing the doors during cleanup as part of the deal but Home Depot uses the word but gives it a completely different definition

I ordered 1,000 square feet of tile from the Home Depot in DICKSON CITY, PA. and received great assistance, at least I thought so at the time. The salesman told us he had all the tiles we needed for the job but failed to let us know it was made up from 3 different dye lots. I had a professional do the install and I wasn’t home when it was installed. To my surprise I found out the hard way that the tiles in the order was not the same. Not only was the color off, the tile s varied in size by 1/16 of an inch. That might not sound like much but in a large room it’s very noticable. When I called to complain the manager listened to me for 2 minutes before speaking with the installer.

No call backs and 8 hrs later I learned that they didn’t want to hear my complaint and blamed it on the installer. While I agree the installer is partially to blame, the so called PRO salesman that HD advertises never once mentioned dye lots or variations in color or size. HD managers spoke to the sales person and never listened to me. I should have known better when the salesman said to me “This is your lucky day. I may be a Fat, Dumb and Irish but we have all the tile for your job”. Before I received the delivery I thought about sending a letter to HD thanking them for the service. Now an old saying comes to mind, If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

I have spent over 50,000 bucks at HD over the years and they don’t even want to hear my complaint. Can you help in getting this complaint some attention. I have the boxes showing different dye lots. an experience like this is what drives people to Lowes. What ever happened to the old Loyal customer…

I would like to express in the strongest possible terms my disappointment and outrage at the low level of service I received at your Home Depot store in El Escorial shopping center in Carolina, Puerto Rico (Store no. 6402). The management of this store not only has chosen dismal-quality subcontractors to do vital service operations, but also has shown to me a shocking insensitivity to the needs of handicapped persons. On Friday, June 10th, I went to the above mentioned Home Depot store to buy a portable generator for my aged parents, who reside in the Island.

After finding the right model (thanks to the help of a friendly and attentive employee), I made my way to the customer assistance counter where, again, I received friendly and competent service regarding the generator’s installation service. The problem started when I went to the contractor’s services counter, to arrange for the delivery of the item. First thing I noticed was that the lone (working) Home Depot employee behind the counter was a young woman on a wheelchair. I was shocked to see her having to prop herself up from her wheelchair in order to reach the register, the computer and the printer, since none of the stations there were adjusted to facilitate her use.

Despite her kind assistance, I could see that she was obviously greatly inconvenienced and pained by this situation. I thought it was ironic that a chain that boasts such a passion for remodeling cannot do the proper physical adjustments to accommodate their less body-able employees. I asked her if she was aware that by disregarding her needs, Home Depot was actually violating the disabled persons act and could be cited for being out of compliance. She nervously looked over her shoulder and did not answer, but her expression was all the information I needed.

I think that it is unacceptable that in this day and age someone has to fear losing her job for just demanding basic human needs already guaranteed by law. I would like to see that your chain corrects this situation with all due speed without it resulting on this young woman’s losing her job or suffering any retaliation by management.

My second shock came when I asked this Home Depot employee about the delivery itself. She explained to me that the store contracts these services through a private contractor, and that they do only deliver merchandise to the sidewalk. This is understandable for a pallet of cinder blocks, but not for a portable generator that could be easily carried on a dolly or a similar manual equipment. I explained that dragging a generator from the street would be not a possibility for a couple of disabled elders or their caretaker, as I do not reside in the Island, and all my able-bodied relatives work. She apologized but did not know what could be done.

I asked the young woman to call the company on my behalf and see what were the options, if any. It took a lot of back and forth over the phones and hour and a half before getting an answer from the company. They said that since they would have an additional person in the truck, it would cost me a double rate, or $158.00, to have it delivered to my parent’s doorstep, and into a storage room in the house. I asked to talk to her Home Depot manager and he vaguely repeated what the young woman had told me, and that nothing could be done. “They only use a mechanical finger when they deliver”, he offered as some sort of explanation, “so that’s why”.

I retorted how in the world could old, disabled people then receive delivered goods from his store. He simply shrugged his shoulders and offered no answer. I demanded to talk to the delivery company itself but I was told that they were an internal service and I could not do that. At this points I was upset, I asked the employee to keep my item in the store until I could find someone to pick it up and she was kind enough to accommodate me.

Let me be clear that I understand where this is coming from. I am Puerto Rican. I understand my culture. We have been a colony for all of our history. As such, people are usually not likely to complain or stir trouble. As a result, shoddy practices like the ones described above occur daily, even in open defiance of established law. I would like Home Depot to understand that I just invested almost $800 of my family’s hard-earned money in their company and yet not only received shoddy service which caused great inconvenience to me and my relatives, but I also had to witness an episode of unacceptable on the job discrimination. Plus, I was expected to spend an additional $158 for this!

I demand to receive from Home Depot the satisfaction and the assurance that the level of service and employee protections in that store will sharply increase as soon as possible, even if this implies changing subcontractors for others who meet acceptable standards of service. I have been a loyal customer of your chain both in the US and in the Island and I sure will take my business (and that of everyone I know) elsewhere should I not receive it nor hear from you.

We puchased a Maytag Dishwasher Serial 41962555N Model MD8H964AWB in July of 2008 from Home Depot. In Oct of 2009 the Control Panel shorted out and had to be replaced. Since we had purchased the extened warranty it was covered BUT we paid $129 labor. NOW in May 2011, the control panel is shot AGAIN! Now we have to replace this piece of crap vs paying extra dollars to repair. We purchased based on the Maytag name. I will NEVER purchase one of Home Depot’s products again and will tell everyone I know not to do so.

I just visited this home depot location at Cerritos California. They had some sliding closet doors on sale. The one that I wanted was just on top of the display unit, so I requested for help to bring it down. A guy sitting just 10 feet away was talking on the phone. After his phone call was terminated, I requested for assistance and he said he’ll go and get it. After about another 10 minutes wait with no help I walked around for someone else till I found help bringing the unit labeled J046. I took it to the cashier to pay for it but the cashier couldn’t get the price from the sticker.

Another wait for someone to provide a price check. After a while, the cashier said I couldn’t buy because it was probably a recall item. I said that recalled items are not placed on the shelf with discount price. I was thinking that someone else was going to buy it and they just were giving up excuses. Roxane the store manager was nowhere to be found.

The Home Depot uses unethical sales practices. Throughout the ‘black friday’ sales event, there were no appliance packages available. Nor on Monday. Tuesday, every item was available at the higher prices. I was a dedicated Home Depot shopper until now.

Home Depot at Home Services installed a roof on my house 6 years ago. I bought the top-of-the-line Timberline Ultra lifetime shingles. They made a mistake and installed a thinner lower quality shingle (the Timerline 30 year shingle). My insurance company recently caught the error after the roof was totaled in a hail storm. After a month of calling I have been unable to get Home Depot to come and look at the roof and the GAF (shingle manufacturer) inspector will not come look at it either. GAF issues the warranty for Timberline shingles installed by Home Depot, guaranteeing proper installation and protection against material defects, etc. So far, GAF has said that putting the wrong shingles on my house does not qualify as “misapplication”.

Have feedback for Home Depot?