Customer Satisfaction Results

Kia

Complaint Department

Filed by Kathy Montgomery on Jan 18, 2015
Consumer Rating

I am writing in reference to an extremely negative experience I encountered when I visited your dealership located on University drive in Huntsville, AL. I was looking to purchase a 2013 Kia Forte - VIN KNAFT4A24D5672173 - advertised on the dealerships website for $11,625. When I arrived at the dealership I was instantly approached by a salesperson who was very nice and eager to help. I explained to him I wanted to see the vehicle advertised online and also wanted to see a new Forte so I could consider the options of buying the used car compared to the new car. His response was you cannot believe everything you see online. He stated that cars are placed online to get customers to the dealership and once there they could see what the dealership had to offer. He then proceeded to show me the new cars. Finally, he took me around and showed me the used cars. The 2013 that was advertised was on the lot. After we looked at the new and used Fortes, I asked him to get me a price quote for a new Forte and the 2013 Forte. He came back and gave me a price of $16,999 for the 2013 Forte that was advertised online for $11,625. I asked if I could borrow his computer to pull up the dealership website and show him the price of the car. When I pulled up the website he took the price over to his manager. He came back and stated the online pricing was 2014 pricing and since it is January 2015 the price has changed to 2015 pricing. We then offered to pay cash for the vehicle if the $11,625 price would be honored. The salesperson did not acknowledge the cash offer and quickly changed the conversation to encourage me to buy a new car. Also, when I first arrived at the dealership, I was asking to trade in a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I expected to have negative equity in the Fiesta. I currently owe $8,500 on the vehicle and using Kelly Blue Book as a guideline I expected to be offered around $5,000 for the trade in, I was extremely shocked when I was offered $3,300 for the trade in. However, my disappointment is un-related to the trade in. My disappointment in KIA is the fact KIA advertises prices online but refuses to honor the advertised price. Finally, I am not a customer who needs or relies on generous credit approvals. I was told by the salesperson that I was not a typical KIA customer. He stated most customers were in desperate situations and were just happy to be approved for a vehicle. I appreciate the KIA policy to approve all customers. However, I believe you reputation as a company would be better served if you honored advertised prices. It is unbelievable that a company advertises a price but refuses to honor it. Until yesterday, my plans were to trade in my Ford and get a KIA Forte. As of today, I am unsure how I feel about KIA.

10 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Kia?

Compare Kia to Similar Cars more...

Kia Customer Feedback Trending Now

86 Kia consumers have created complaints against Kia to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Kia complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Kia corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I purchase a Kia Soul in 2013. I love the vehicle. Last November/14, I went to the dealership to have my winter tires put on (which I had purchased from the dealer), and I had asked them to check the breaks because they had been squeaking. I was told that the break pads needed sanding and the cost is around $450 and nothing covered under warranty. I only had 9500 KM on the vehicle and was told it's part of regular maintenance and the cause was "lack of use". I'm sorry I have owned a few vehicles and never heard of such a thing. I use it every day to and from work. There was many emails back and forth with the sales person who by the way was very eager to help.

Finally, I had to call the service manager and after much discussion she had agreed to speak with Kia Canada and see if anything could be done. Well guess what I never heard another word. April/15 arrives and I go to the dealer to have my summer tires put on, and they tell me if I don't get the pads sanded I will need a break job, so I went ahead and $480 later not very happy.

I have spoken to other Kia owners who tell me the same thing has happened to them, also mentioned to mechanics and other car dealers. I think we are all in agreement that maybe there is a problem with the break pad themselves, the quality is not there. I don't know if anything can be done to look into this matter, but I am worried that this is going to happen again. Thank you for your time and I would love to hear from you soon.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a 2013 Kia Rio in Oct. 2014 from Kia of Union City, GA. I financed it for one month with Kia Finance, paying it in full on 11/10/2014. That is over 5 months ago, but the dealer has not given me the title and won't tell me why it is taking so long. Each month, I've been getting temporary tags from the dealer one month and the DMV the next. I've been going back and forth for month now doing all the legwork even though I paid the dealer over $700 in dealer fees to process the sale.

The DMV discovered the dealer has been changing the sales date on the contract so they can keep issuing temporary tags. The DMV also discovered, as I suspected, there is a lien on the car. In essence, I was sold a car the dealer did not own outright. I believe that is illegal. So, now I've paid for a car that is titled to someone else and a dealer who is doing nothing to satisfy the lien so I can own the car free and clear, as was the intention of the sale.

This dealer is dishonest, disreputable, and a crook. I bought the car for my niece, who needs it for work. We have no problem with the car, only the way we have been treated and the horrible realization that I have wasted my money if I cannot get title to this car. I called a lawyer today. We will sue Kia for every penny I have spent for this car, and then some. If you can help, I beg you to please do so.

Consumer Rating

Bought my first Kia Soul . 2010 with over 40,000 miles ended up being more than a new vehicle. Sould have learned my lesson. Every time I go for an oil change they want to know if I want to buy a new car. Explain each time my first encounter. They proceed to tell me they have new management. Decided to give them another try. My daughter bought a new car. The payments were set up to be biweekly though a company that paid the payment to the bank . Money was taken out but never sent to bank making payment late because of improper paper work from Kia. no return call from Kia . Also had encouraged my brother to check with them about a car which he bought this year,. Very disappointed in Kia and will never encourage anyone else to go. Should not have to write a letter of complaint,should be able to talk to a human being that really cares about there business. Everyone works hard for there money and would like to be given a chance to afford one and be proud of there cars.

Consumer Rating

My complaint is the radio. I listen only to AM and many times when listening I go over a small bump, and there is a quick snap and the radio volume goes up or down. The dealer said it was the antenna and replaced it. Same thing. Quality of sound is bad. I listen mostly AM 1100 WTAM a 50,000 watt clear channel station in Cleveland, OH and the dealer told me it was a weak station.

They advertise they cover 38 states and half of Canada but like you they might exaggerate a little. Since I am with 35 miles from the broadcasting tower, I do not think the poor quality of volume is because they have a weak signal. I love my radio and enjoy listening to it but the quality of the sound on this radio is worse than poor. My last car was a Mitsubishi and it had a wonderful radio, and I would hope to have the same with this car. I currently have a 2014 Kia Forte 5 which so far has been more than satisfactory other than the radio. Can someone help correct or if necessary replace this radio?

Consumer Rating

The following is the final paragraph of a letter I sent to the dealer from whom I purchased my 2014 Rio, and was sent following the first service and dated 12th May 2014. I forwarded this same letter to your "surveyscustomer services" e mail address on 31st March 2015. I have not to date received a reply from any source. Good relationships??
"In a nutshell, I felt my treatment was somewhat off hand and cavalier in fashion, I was not offered the opportunity to discuss any of the cars features with staff, all in contrast to the manner in which I was treated by the staff of John Hughes when I purchased a car from that company some 8 years ago. In closing, I am perfectly satisfied with the vehicle, but suggest your staff be reminded that people are more important than the vehicles they own." P.S. I am 93 years,old. been driving cars and airplanes for 70 years!

Consumer Rating

I have had trouble with the radio since I bought the car a year ago. I use the AM almost all the time. When going over a bump there will be e crack and the volume goes down or up. There is often static and weak reception. I listen to radio WTAM a 50,000 watt clear channel station in Cleveland, Ohio and am within 25 miles of the tower. The service manager told me I listen to a weak station. Pardon me, but this station can be heard for hundreds of miles from Cleveland. They told me it needed a new antenna which was replaced, but it didn't help at all. I want a radio that works and do not appreciate being told they can not find the problem or blame it on a weak station. I know this does not happen al the time since sometimes it is constant and other times happens constantly. I have not noticed it on the FM side because I do not use FM much. It also seems to happen more often when the radio is cold.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a 2015 Kia Soul last week. I'm very upset that your service department wanted to sale me a spare tire kit for $244. I just spent $22,000 with you. I was told that Kia doesn't offer spare tires because of the 24 hour roadside assistance. I live in a very rural area with desolate roads, cell phone service is hit or miss so you want me to walk somewhere to find phone reception and sit on the side of the road for hours waiting for them not to even give me a new tire?!?!? I can change my flat in 10 to 15 mins. I'm a single woman so your telling me that's its safe for me to get outta my car to walk and find phone reception and then walk back to my car and sit for hours waiting. Umm yea not safe and not happening. KIA NEEDS TO GIVE ME A SPARE TIRE!!!! I plan on making complaints everywhere and anywhere I can!!! I will not recommend KIA to anyone for this very reason, and wil take my business somewhere else next time. Over a tire!! Just sad!!! This is ridiculous!!! Put spare tires in your vehicles. Not concerned with your customers safety at all!!!!

Consumer Rating

This car has been the worst car I have ever owned! I bought the car used on September 20th of 2014. It is a 2008 Kia Rio LX. It has 97000 miles on it. I drove it for about 2-3 weeks. On October 7, 2014, the car idled funny and before I could make it home, it had a major loss of power not going over 20 mph. Well, we finally got the car home and hooked a scanner on it. They pulled P0016 and P0300 codes on it. Because of the various codes, we agreed to put it in the shop to get fixed. Finally, we received a call today from the mechanic. He was out sick with pneumonia and had tons of work to catch up on so it took him a while. It turns out, the cylinders 1-3 had bad coils and cylinder 4 had no compression meaning that the valves on that cylinder are damaged. My timing belt was not broke and was actually replaced as maintenance because we did not know when the previous (and original) owner changed it or if they had and we wanted to be on the safe side. The belt and all the teeth were fine. The car had not jumped time. Basically, from what we can gather, the coils went out and somehow made the valve go bad.

That's the best we can figure. When we bought the car it had no warning lights on of any sort. All of a sudden, in normal weather and driving conditions it messed up that bad? I don't think so! This was a fault in the car that got worse over time until it messed up my engine. I have two kids, work a full time job, and go to college and I have no way to get anywhere I need to get. Well, then I contact a Kia dealer to see about the warranty. They tell me that because I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle, the warranty is only for 5yrs/60,000 miles and not the factory warranty. So, just because I didn't own it first when it was brand new, they won't cover it under warranty. The fact that I am the second owner doesn't have any bearing on this car or its problems!!!!! It seems to me that Kia wants to get out of warranties so they apparently make very bad decisions like this. From all the complaints I have seen, nobody keeps Kias long so they don't have to worry about fixing their screw ups! I will never buy a kia again! In addition to that, I will be filing a complaint with the BBB as well as posting my story on every site that allows complaints of this nature. I am usually a person that takes things in stride and doesn't get this upset, but this is ridiculous!! If the warranty was good enough for the original owner, it should be good enough for me! If they had faith in their vehicles, it would be also. I want everyone considering a kia to know what they are getting themselves into because nobody should have to deal with this crap!

If for some miracle of a reason, Kia decides they want to talk, call 903-389-8802. If they fixed this like they should, I will post a rebuttal and be fair. If they decide to fix this mistake of a car, I will post that experience as well because that is just the type of person I am. I do not want something for nothing. I just want what I feel is right. Otherwise, you will see more complaints from me on different sites as well as hearing from me on the BBB complaint.

Consumer Rating

I'm concerned that I may have a problem that could cause a wreck. Enterprise told me when I purchased the car that I had a 10 year 100,000 warranty. So why haven't I been notified about recalls? I have a 2008 KIA Optima, purchased in July 2009 from Enterprise. Why haven't I been notified of recalls?

Consumer Rating

Purchased 2015 Kia Soul Red Zone on December 31,2014 from Paul Brown Kia in Olean, NY and I am having problems with the paint. The red strips on the sides are fading and the black on the lower panels looks as if they were sand blasted. Day I purchased vehicle I requested mud flaps but was told Kia didn't make them for this model and couldn't be put on. I only have 1800 miles on the car and already needs a paint job. Traded in my 2012 Soul which didn't have a mark on it for this car which you can't even touch it without leaving a scratch on it. Dealership told me it needed mud flaps and go to an Auto Zone and have a pair of generics put on it. Never have been so disappointed in a vehicle as I am with this one!!

Consumer Rating

On Feb 20-took My Sorento in because of loss of power while driving- Cost me 432.36 for repairs- Yesterday while driving through 5 lanes of Atlanta traffic-It looses power again-How dangerous is that? It did this several times before I arrived at home. I have taken it in again- We will see what happenes! Very dissatisfied with KIA-- Paying cash for this vehicle will never happen again.

Consumer Rating

My lease ends April 4, 2015. On 3/24/15 around 5:30pm I arrived at Roseville Kia to drop of my lease vehicle. I called them a week ahead of time and told them I needed to drop off my leased vehicle before April 4th and was told it was okay to do so. When I arrived I was greeted by a man in the parking lot. I informed him I was here to drop off my vehicle, he took my keys and asked me to go inside and speak with the manager. The conversation between the manager (stocky Asian Man) and I started off good until I told him I want to return car and not purchase. I went over my miles and understood I was obligated to pay. I’m sure I was not the first person in this situation. He got really defensive and questioned why I don’t want to keep the car. My whole experience changed after that.

I was asked to have a seat while he looked into my account. After sitting for about 30 mins, the manager finally come over to me and inform me I can’t leave my car there and that I would have to make my last payment before I could return the car. I showed him paperwork showing my lease ends April 4th, he rudely said even though it states my lease ends April 4, 2015 I have to make April car payment and return by May 4, 2015. I informed him that I will make my payment but I need to keep the car here because I’m not going to be driving it and that it would be difficult to find someone to give me a ride home. He did not care and basically treated me like dirt and refused to help me in any kind of way. When I asked what he recommends, he told me I need to call customer service and that there was nothing he could do for me.

When I asked him what would be the difference between leaving it today or bringing it back in a few weeks, he could not give me a concrete answer and his final answer was I couldn’t leave the car because he did not have room to keep the car at his location. I asked if I could use their phone to call customer service because my phone was dying and he was hesitant on letting me use the company phone. I felt like if I came there with the intention to return my current Kia for a new Kia my whole experience would have been a lot different because he would have gotten an incentive. When I contacted customer service the next day, I spoke with Jamie and she informed me the car must be returned by April 4, 2015 and she was puzzled as well on why Roseville Kia would not accept my car.

That was the worse experience I have ever had dealing with a car dealership and the manager at Roseville Kia was not professional at all and needs more customer service training. If he was not familiar with the lease end process he should have at least offered to have someone call me the next day that could assist me. I have arrangements to take it to Davis Kia which is an inconvenience because I have to find someone who has time to drive to Davis to pick me up once I leave the car when I had already taken it to a Kia dealership. As a manager he has an obligation to represent the company in a professional manner and now every time I see a Kia vehicle in passing I think of that awful rude Asian manager at Roseville Kia. First impressions last a lifetime.

Consumer Rating

Service is bad really bad 5 hr wait every time, on top of that I have to keep calling the service dep for a part they keep telling me oh it was sent back because you dident come in , I dident revive a phone call how was I suppose to know this is the 3rd time wow. Love the car but the service is so bad won't be buying a Kia in the future and I have a lease.

Consumer Rating

I have a 2012 Kia Optima and have been having problems with the engine for the year. The engine has gone out. They are telling me that warranty will not cover it because I had 2 receipts missing for oil changes. I had the oil changed just don't have the receipts. Even if I didn't have the oil changed you can not tell me that a lack of 2 oil changes would cause the engine to go out. Someone needs to make this right. I can't believe the whole warranty would be void. I will be obtaining a lawyer and will be talking to the local news about this problem.

Consumer Rating

It is my pleasure to write to you to have more information from you, of the technical problems encountered in my car Kia Model Sport age 2012 and holds the base number (CNAPC81127279052) and always agent here in the Kingdom of Bahrain Ihamleuena responsibility. A year ago, and I'm going to work in the morning the car does not work, when I take the car to our local agency I find the car battery was Damage ((without any alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights )).

Two days ago, my car doesn’t work and I took to the agency and on the next day they call me, saying that the engine oil has become fat. And to preview the car you need to pay an amount equal to $ 700 . My question is directed to the caller (Why did the alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights didn’t display about engine Oil alarm). The answer was that all Kia vehicles manufactured, alarm dashboard indicator lamp does not support this kind of issue. And also I told them that the car has not completed the age of three years and it run only 45934 km away. Which car is still under warranty? They said the imbalance in the engine does not include a warranty.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I LOVE my 2014 Kia Optima but I have a complaint about it. The passenger seat is entirely too low, it should have been made to adjust like the driver seat is. Other owners that I know that own the Optima have the same complaint as well. In manufacturing your newer models please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Consumer Rating

I own a Kia 2008 spectra. On January 1, 2013 I was in a very minor accident sliding with wet rain water and hitting the curb with my front driver’s side tire. I had the car towed to Capital Kia Austin as I like to work with the dealer whenever I have significant work to be done.

On January 2, 2013 they said they would have a look at it and get back to me. On Wednesday 3, 2013 they called telling me the control arm needed to be fixed and replaced the tire rim.(approx. $660.00) They then said an animal had chewed my O2 sensor wire harness and that it needed to be replaced it would cost $1200.00 but insurance should cover it.

I said no thank you. Not right now as the Holidays are a high expense time of year. Perhaps in the future. Having not heard since Wednesday January 3, I Called again on Saturday January 5, 2013 they said my car would be ready on Monday January 7. On Monday January 7, 2013, (5 days after the initial conversation) I called 3 times wondering when my car was to be ready.

Finally at 4:30 I called, and Ian said that the control arm sub- frame was damaged, and it was $1200.00 to fix it. It seemed strange that they had found this and not told me until I called considering the magnitude of the expense. Also, it seemed strange that the sub-frame was damaged when I had not even hit the curb hard enough to pop my tire and barely bent the tire rim.

Over the next day my Dad and I called 3 other automotive companies and based on the minor accident they all thought that needing a new sub control frame was very strange. I started to feel like Ian wanted to get $1200 out of me one way or another and would keep inventing problems until I paid. On Wednesday January 9, 2013 I then called your dealership as I was going to have it towed to another shop.

The lady, Ian, replied you cannot take the car. We have fixed it and you owe us money and hung up the phone on me! I had not even raised my voice to her and I was shocked at her response.

Thursday January 10, 2013 we had the car towed to an alternative mechanic. I was forced to pay the $675.73 to take the car away, although the car is not drivable. I had it towed to another shop.

The next mechanic who took a look at it, also, took pictures. It turns out Capital Kia had taken out the bolts to the control-arm that attach to the sub- frame and not replaced them. This mechanic insisted that the sub frame was fine and as I mentioned earlier had pictures to prove it. I then had to pay this new another $300.00 to properly attach the control arm and get a wheel alignment. The car was now drivable.

The other mechanic who looked at it can say the sub-frame was actually fine, and the O2 Sensor harness is also fine. No holes at all!

I have to say, your Service Writer lied to me. My car did not have a damaged sub-frame and my car’s sensor harness was fine as well. Capital Kia seemed to want to get another $1200.00 from me. Capital Kia not only had my car for 10 days (leaving me with no alternative form of transportation) but they lied to me. Is it fraudulent to tell people they need work done when they don’t!

This is not my first bad experience with Capital Kia. Last time I had my car in, the mechanic left a big grease smudge mark on the seat and his lunch trash (Chinese food containers) on my floor! Needless to say, I am more than disappointed. I feel cheated.

I am requesting the $675.73 refund as Capital Kia did not do the initial work to a satisfactory level and repeatedly lied to me about other work needed. I feel this is more than fair as I also incurred additional expense to have a different mechanic do the job right and I went 10 days without transportation.

This is not the image that Capital Kia shows on TV and I can imagine you would like to do something to create a better impression. I would be happy to talk with you personally about this if you would like. Please consider doing the right thing here to save a customer.

Consumer Rating

A few months ago, my car died while driving. When I called Kia, they asked if I was out of gas, and I said, the light is on but I know it's not out of gas. After a few back and forth phone calls and trying to get it started it started briefly and then died again. Long story short, I towed it to Kia. They said it was a sensor and the fuel pump just happened to go at the same time. So they had to fix both. Now, after talking to many people, they said that they seriously doubt that "both" would go at the "same" time. I walked away questioning if your company was taking advantage of me.

Fast forward-- I just brought my car in for service for an oil change. I knew my brake light has been flickering on and off at a downhill or fast stop. I suspected that my brake fluid was low. When I brought my car for service, I specifically asked them if they would be checking the fluids. The service person said "yes". While there for service I came around the corner to hear the mechanic commenting about my filter and stating that's he's waiting "for Mike to go try and sell me a new one".
Well, I drive away and of course the light started to flicker on downhill stops or quick stops. Checked the fluid and it was down at the minimum level. An inch between max to minimum. Which shows me they did NOT check the fluids as they said they were going to. Perhaps they shouldn't be concerned about "selling" me a 30 dollar filter and actually do their job as they are supposed to. Which completely makes me question the prior service about the fuel pump and sensor going "at the same time". I'm VERY disappointed in your company and will be looking for a new place to service my vehicle. And, I will make it very clear to everyone I know what has taken place. People take their vehicles to mechanics because we can fix them ourself. We are left to trust you. Your company"Wagner" has completely broken that.

Regards,
Jennifer Reilly

Consumer Rating

It seems everytime I bring my car to Brown Daub Kia Service, they treat me like I don't know what I'm talking about. When I bought the car it had low profile tires, the steering wheel shook everytime I was on the highway and every three days one or more tires would lose air and the pressure indicator light would come on. I took the car back, they said the rim might be bent. They didn't fix it. I took it again, they said, low profile tires can look low...

I fianally bought new tires and rims after one of my tires went completely flat. I took them to BD Kia to have them put on. I asked, would I need an alignment?... they said no. I got my car back and it severely pulls to the right. I called them and they said changing tires has nothing to do with an alignment, but the tires could have worn and caused the alignment to be off. Knowing this...why wouldn't they have someone test drive the car to check? Now they want to charge me $80 to do an alignment and I will have to be without my car another day!

Consumer Rating

Someone better contact me before I go public with the answers that was given to me!!!! My cell number is as follows: 502-494-1210 and my name is Larry E. Harter. I wii explain before I go to the local TV station! Please do not take this as a threat, I just want. To rectify my problem! I am also very concerned over your phone representatives answers and attitude! I have the name and the call representative phone call I.D. number.

Regards

Larry E. Harter
502-494-1210

Contact the Kia Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Kia. What is their corporate mailing address?

Not available. Click here to file your Kia complaint online.

• I want to call the Kia customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

Not available. Click here to file your Kia complaint online.

• I need to visit the Kia company website. What is their website address?