Customer Satisfaction Results

Kia

Complaint Department

Posted by Kathy Montgomery on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I am writing in reference to an extremely negative experience I encountered when I visited your dealership located on University drive in Huntsville, AL. I was looking to purchase a 2013 Kia Forte - VIN KNAFT4A24D5672173 - advertised on the dealerships website for $11,625. When I arrived at the dealership I was instantly approached by a salesperson who was very nice and eager to help. I explained to him I wanted to see the vehicle advertised online and also wanted to see a new Forte so I could consider the options of buying the used car compared to the new car. His response was you cannot believe everything you see online. He stated that cars are placed online to get customers to the dealership and once there they could see what the dealership had to offer. He then proceeded to show me the new cars. Finally, he took me around and showed me the used cars. The 2013 that was advertised was on the lot. After we looked at the new and used Fortes, I asked him to get me a price quote for a new Forte and the 2013 Forte. He came back and gave me a price of $16,999 for the 2013 Forte that was advertised online for $11,625. I asked if I could borrow his computer to pull up the dealership website and show him the price of the car. When I pulled up the website he took the price over to his manager. He came back and stated the online pricing was 2014 pricing and since it is January 2015 the price has changed to 2015 pricing. We then offered to pay cash for the vehicle if the $11,625 price would be honored. The salesperson did not acknowledge the cash offer and quickly changed the conversation to encourage me to buy a new car. Also, when I first arrived at the dealership, I was asking to trade in a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I expected to have negative equity in the Fiesta. I currently owe $8,500 on the vehicle and using Kelly Blue Book as a guideline I expected to be offered around $5,000 for the trade in, I was extremely shocked when I was offered $3,300 for the trade in. However, my disappointment is un-related to the trade in. My disappointment in KIA is the fact KIA advertises prices online but refuses to honor the advertised price. Finally, I am not a customer who needs or relies on generous credit approvals. I was told by the salesperson that I was not a typical KIA customer. He stated most customers were in desperate situations and were just happy to be approved for a vehicle. I appreciate the KIA policy to approve all customers. However, I believe you reputation as a company would be better served if you honored advertised prices. It is unbelievable that a company advertises a price but refuses to honor it. Until yesterday, my plans were to trade in my Ford and get a KIA Forte. As of today, I am unsure how I feel about KIA.

10 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Kia provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Kia?

Compare Kia to Similar Cars more...

More Kia Complaints

Customer Rating

I bought my second Kia within the last 12 month’s, the last one being one of my daughters first car. Although it was used it still put her into a $14K debt and as a college student that ain’t exactly peanuts. She took delivery of the vehicle and noticed the gas tank was only half full. I have since learned that this is a new company policy and I want to tell you that the policy sucks. It took the thrill out of the purchase and makes you guys look like you’re hard up for cash. It also makes me wonder what else you’ve done that I haven’t noticed yet, being that you seem to be that desperate. I have two more kids in line waiting for vehicles and considered trading in my 2011 for a newer model, but I think I will go to a company less cash strapped than you seem to be. I will pass this policy along to everyone I know in the hope that they reconsider buying from companies that do that kind of stuff.

Good luck

M. Vazquez.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I went to town yesterday. I hit something on the highway on the way in. The my tire light came on. I pulled into a parking lot to check it out. I found out my back tire was flat. No problem, I always keep a pump and a tire plug kit in the trunk. So I start pumping it up. It's not inflating. So I thinking, OK I got to use the spare tire. Guess what? There's no damn spare tire! There's not even a frickin jack! There's a frickin pump that looks like it cost like 20 bucks and a save a flat container. Which is worthless because I can't inflate the tire. So I call the dealership, they tell me yea that car (2014 Rio) don't come with a spare. But they tell me that I got the road side package, and to call them. So I call. They said they would have someone out in about 45 minutes. The guy showed up, hooked my car up and towed it a couple of miles away to the dealership service dept. I'M HAVING MY CAR TOWED FOR A FLAT TIRE! WTF! Anyways. They tell me it has two holes on the sidewall. So I need a new tire. (105.00) bucks. They didn't have one, had to order it. Another hour. It ended up 3 frickin hours for a flat tire! I love this car, and your service dept. it is awesome. Never ever dealt with a service dept. like the Kia ones. Great people. I asked how much a new tire and rim would cost. They told me between $300.00 and $350.00. They said I had to buy the kit. I don't want a damn space saver tire. And I hate the jacks that come with most cars. I always use a floor jack. Anyways I had to write this a day later because if I had written it yesterday, it would have been unreadable. I was so pissed off I was shaking. I mean seriously, if I got towed into the service dept twice, that would pay for a new tire. On a side note. The salesman told me I had Sirus on my radio. Come to find out it doesn't work in Hawaii.

Customer Rating

I bought my Kia Soul in May 2013. It has been great thus far until a few days ago. This past weekend, January 9th-10th, my Kia Soul would not start. I live in LaPorte, IN and the weather has been snowy, icy and with minus wind chill factors with temps in the minus 20's. I am in a band and use this vehicle to transport band equipment from job to job. If my car is not reliable, then I cannot continue to do this. We were finished with a gig and loaded the equipment into my Kia Soul. I got in and tried to start the car and it did not turn over. I tried turning the key in the ignition 4 times and each time all it did was click. The battery seemed OK as all of the lights in the dash were bright. I went back into the venue and asked if we could wait there as I had to call for a tow truck. The place was closing and I was imposing on the owners to wait with me when they truly wanted to go home for the night. In the meantime, my boyfriend went outside and he tried to start the car. He turned the key in the ignition 4 times and on the 5th try the car finally started. So we thanked the owners for waiting for us and warmed the car up and then made it home. The very next morning, the car would not start yet again. And the same scenario ensued. Finally, after turning the key in the ignition multiple times the car finally turned over. So we drove it directly to Neilsen Kia in Michigan City, IN. It was a Saturday and the service department had already closed. So I left the car with one of the salesman (Chuck) and filled out a form and dropped off my keys. On the following Monday, I called the Kia service department and asked if they were able to fix my problem. The mechanic on duty (Mike) explained that the problem was not fixable. I thought that Kia had a warranty that covered the car, bumper to bumper, for 5 years or 100,000 miles. This was one of the main reasons I bought the car to begin with. But Mike explained that the problem is in the design of the 2013 Kia Soul. He said that the starter is mounted to the bottom of the engine block and there is no splash shield protecting the starter from snow and ice getting into it. Thus, the starter froze. I asked if a splash shield could be put on my car to keep this from happening in the future. He told me "no" as they only started putting the splash shields on the 2014 models and the 2013 Kia Soul had a different body design which would not accommodate the 2014 splash shield. So I said, "Well, what can I do as I need to have a reliable car?" And he basically told me "nothing". He also told me that 3 other Kia Soul's of the same year had been towed into their dealership with the exact same problem that weekend. I can't believe that Kia would not address this issue. This is a design defect and it is not something that I am responsible for. I cannot continue to drive the car in the cold weather when it is not reliable. So we drove it directly to Apex Muffler in LaPorte and explained the situation to one of their mechanics. He said he could configure a splash shield for my car and it would cost $120. So I left my car with him to get this taken care of. In the meantime after he looked at the under carriage of the car, he called me and said that there were actually holes drilled for a splash shield placement. So what gives? Why couldn't Kia take care of this for me? It should be covered in the warranty. You must know of the problem because you have taken the initiative to redesign the car in 2014 to have the splash shield to protect the starter. This can become very dangerous to people as they can become stranded in below zero temperatures and it can be life threatening to those who live in states where the winters are challenging due to snow, ice and low temperatures. So I would like someone to address this issue or at least refund my money for forcing me to get an outside mechanic to repair a problem that Kia should have taken care of in the first place.

Customer Rating

I recently traded a jeep liberty in on a newer jeep liberty at Kia in Panama city Fl. The dealership treats woman horrible and only listens to the husband. I traded my jeep in my name only. The had my husband who was not on my jeep sign off on my jeep and transferred my plate to the new jeep and changed my plate to my husbands name and birthdate. I called them out at the dealership and they say it is the banks policy. I talked with the bank and they have no policy because if in booth names the plate b-day depends on the couple. I would never deal with this dealership again and they did not want to hear from me but would only discuss with husband. I thought women had some rights to make decisions in this day and age. They also told us to lie saying we put down 2000 dollars toward the vehicle when we only did 350 plus my trade in. This place is a scam. Now I await my sticker to go back to the DMV and switch my original b-day back to my plate. More money. Just because a woman is married does not mean the guy or business makes the decisions. You need to teach your car salesmen that in many cases the women make the decisions not the male and to sell a car they need to polite and treat a woman respectfully. I have never been treated as a second class citizen in my life. Thank you for your time Nikki Upton

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nikki Upton on 03/20/2014 at IP address 23.117.97.166 using our Kia Panama City Fl complaint form. This opinions contained in this Kia Panama City Fl customer review titled, “Discrimination on a woman” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have only had my KIA for 2 years. I have filed two complaints with KIA and all they have offered me is repair service or oil changes for two years and the last one was two car payments. I now learn my car is on the recall list for problems I have already experienced. I have been driving this car in fear for two years hoping nothing else would go wrong only to learn there are new problems to worry about. This is no way for a person to live. I have enough stress with my husbands health and do not need any additional. Today, I was driving and the car on its own went into overdrive. Thankfully, I was on a small back road with no traffic and not on the interstate. My husband has a life threatening heart condition and I fear every time I have to drive him to the doctor or hospital. I have tried several times to work with the dealership I purchased my car from but alas, no one is willing to cooperate. I know what you can do for me because I work for a Fortune 500 Company and the decisions come from the top. I expect to hear from someone to try and settle this problem. My home phone is 615-696-1144. I know this complaint is going to go in the trash and no one is going to bother answering. Your credibility is slipping with me and with all customers.
Carolyn Long
CAR VIN # 5XYKT4A23BG095559

Customer Rating

I have taken my 2011 Kia Forte to the Billion Auto Dealership in Sioux city Iowa told each time nothing wrong, paid one time to get the fuel line cleaned as I was told that was the problem, another time told nothing wrong, another time same response. The last time I took it back I asked to hook up to diagnostic again told nothing wrong. On 4/7/2013 I was driving down highway and the car stalled.

I was lucky I had the 60,000 miles free towing but now I am at 61250 now I am responsible for towing at my own cost. THis is UNSAFE AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP IN THIS. I AM EVEN ASKING FOR A NEW CAR.

Customer Rating

It is my pleasure to write to you to have more information from you, of the technical problems encountered in my car Kia Model Sport age 2012 and holds the base number (CNAPC81127279052) and always agent here in the Kingdom of Bahrain Ihamleuena responsibility. A year ago, and I'm going to work in the morning the car does not work, when I take the car to our local agency I find the car battery was Damage ((without any alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights )).

Two days ago, my car doesn’t work and I took to the agency and on the next day they call me, saying that the engine oil has become fat. And to preview the car you need to pay an amount equal to $ 700 . My question is directed to the caller (Why did the alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights didn’t display about engine Oil alarm). The answer was that all Kia vehicles manufactured, alarm dashboard indicator lamp does not support this kind of issue. And also I told them that the car has not completed the age of three years and it run only 45934 km away. Which car is still under warranty? They said the imbalance in the engine does not include a warranty.

Customer Rating

First let me say I love my 2013 kia optima, my complaint is that I did not realize that the car did not come with a spare tire or jack.
I know it has 24 hr. service to call for 5 years, however I know I will most likely keep the vehicle for more than five years, what do I do them. Also where I live in the country of rural Ga. I don't want my wife to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat........she a country girl and can change a flat tire, like all country girls I know!

Please contact Kia and express my concerns....................thanks for all your time....Ollie Parker

Customer Rating

On April 1, 2014 on around 4 P.M. I was driving on Astoria Blvd, Queens, NY, and while approaching the red light the car all of a sudden shuts off. I waited few seconds to start the car again. The same day while driving to the Bronx, NY at around 5 P. M. while driving on the Cross Bronx Express Way and Middletown Rd. I experienced the same situation as stated above on this letter. I am very concerned about this, because is not only about my safety, but the safety of other people on the road.
Because there are no Kia service department in the Bronx, NY where I live I called Kia at Tenafly NJ, where they wanted me to take the car the next day 4/3/2014. I emphasize that it was impossible because on that particular day I was traveling to PA. The appointment was scheduled for today April, 2 2014 at 4 P. M.
Your attention to this matter will be appreciated. I can be contacted at 917-412-1356
VIncenzo Castellano

Customer Rating

Compre una sorento 2014. En junio 2013. El gerente de ese tiempo Sr. Willi Suliveras. Muy amablemente me dijo que ordenaria el consecionario una segunda llave por que solo me dieron una. Pasaron los dias lleve la camioneta a su cita de chequeo y me realizaron un cambio de aceita gratis y lavado. Luego la camara de retroceso empeso a dar problema se apagaba fui dos veces me hicieron la orden y me llamaron cuando esta llego. Luego note muy lenta la camioneta no respondia al acelerar. Fui al diller la deje alli para chequeo y me prestaron otro carro. Me dijeron que esta bien peri debian cambiar los ejes. Hicieron la orden me llaman cuando ya llegaron. Voy me dan un carro y regreso el.siguiente dia. Luego ellos ne llaman para decirme que deben cambiar la transmission. Yo no muy convencida acepte.pasaron los meses pregunto por la llave . Nadie sabe nada. Fui nuevamente el dia de ayer jueves 28 de marzo al diller a realizar un cambio de aceite y valanceo de llantas. Y aprovechando la ocasion pregunte por la llave y fui tratada de la manera mas horrible que jamas imagine. El manager Fernando Ortiz y el Dueno Cesar Prado. Me humillaron. El senor Prado fue pesado, tajante y grocero con su respuesta y avalo la acusacion que se atrevio hacerme Ortiz. Al asegurarme que habia checado el record de mi camioneta y se habia dado cuenta que yo habia recibido muchos servicios gratis y que el me habia visto muchas veces llegar al diller. dijo estas palabras ,”USTED HA RECIBIDO MUCHOS SERVICIOS GRATIS POR PARTE DEL SENOR SULIVERA, y QUIEN SAVE BAJO QUE CONDICIONES!!” Aduciendo que yo tenia otra manera de como pagar por los servicios que no fuera con dinero esto lo repitio 3 veces. Espero una pronta solucion a esta falta dr respeto a una senor casada con 3 hijos. Me danaron tanto que me la pase llorando en el diller cerca de una hora mientras relizaban el servicio y ninguno de los dos se acerco a ofrecer una disculpa. Y esto no sucedio dentro de una oficina si no a la vista de empleados y clientes que me vieron humillada. Lamento mucho que esta clase de gente ensucie el prestigioso nombre de KIA. HE PENSADO PRoceder legalmente a que se me responda ante un tribunal ante tales acusaciones garves. Gracias por su atencion.
Goldy Sermeno
832 537 81 05

Customer Rating

I had a day off of work and took my Kia Spectra in for a recalled part that needed to be fixed. During this time I also requested an oil change. I dropped my car off at 8:15am and was not called until 11:15am to pick it up. When I was trying to pay for the oil change there was no paper work on this being done.

The admin person told me to go walk back into the service center to figure it out. That was the 1st rude thing that was done. Customer service would have been for her to call or page the tech to come into the show room area. I went back to the service department only to find out my car had not received an oil change.

This dealership had my car for 3 hours to do 1 thing?!?!?! After the tech said he forgot about it that he would get it in for the oil change in the next hour. Are you kidding me?!?!? I had made other appointments that day since it was my ONLY day off.

Not 1 person apologized or offer any assistance or a solution to this issue. Don’t you think these people could have said here come back to us and have a FREE oil change. I don’t even care if I had to pay for the oil change but at least offer something. They were very unprofessional. I TRIED to give this dealership another chance. This is the 3rd issue I have had with these people.

They have a brand new building and I thought the help there would have been different. Though I found out the hard way nothing has changed with their service! I also don’t think someone on the clock and working should be on their phone more than speaking to a customer.

Customer Rating

My lease ends April 4, 2015. On 3/24/15 around 5:30pm I arrived at Roseville Kia to drop of my lease vehicle. I called them a week ahead of time and told them I needed to drop off my leased vehicle before April 4th and was told it was okay to do so. When I arrived I was greeted by a man in the parking lot. I informed him I was here to drop off my vehicle, he took my keys and asked me to go inside and speak with the manager. The conversation between the manager (stocky Asian Man) and I started off good until I told him I want to return car and not purchase. I went over my miles and understood I was obligated to pay. I’m sure I was not the first person in this situation. He got really defensive and questioned why I don’t want to keep the car. My whole experience changed after that.

I was asked to have a seat while he looked into my account. After sitting for about 30 mins, the manager finally come over to me and inform me I can’t leave my car there and that I would have to make my last payment before I could return the car. I showed him paperwork showing my lease ends April 4th, he rudely said even though it states my lease ends April 4, 2015 I have to make April car payment and return by May 4, 2015. I informed him that I will make my payment but I need to keep the car here because I’m not going to be driving it and that it would be difficult to find someone to give me a ride home. He did not care and basically treated me like dirt and refused to help me in any kind of way. When I asked what he recommends, he told me I need to call customer service and that there was nothing he could do for me.

When I asked him what would be the difference between leaving it today or bringing it back in a few weeks, he could not give me a concrete answer and his final answer was I couldn’t leave the car because he did not have room to keep the car at his location. I asked if I could use their phone to call customer service because my phone was dying and he was hesitant on letting me use the company phone. I felt like if I came there with the intention to return my current Kia for a new Kia my whole experience would have been a lot different because he would have gotten an incentive. When I contacted customer service the next day, I spoke with Jamie and she informed me the car must be returned by April 4, 2015 and she was puzzled as well on why Roseville Kia would not accept my car.

That was the worse experience I have ever had dealing with a car dealership and the manager at Roseville Kia was not professional at all and needs more customer service training. If he was not familiar with the lease end process he should have at least offered to have someone call me the next day that could assist me. I have arrangements to take it to Davis Kia which is an inconvenience because I have to find someone who has time to drive to Davis to pick me up once I leave the car when I had already taken it to a Kia dealership. As a manager he has an obligation to represent the company in a professional manner and now every time I see a Kia vehicle in passing I think of that awful rude Asian manager at Roseville Kia. First impressions last a lifetime.

Customer Rating

Service is bad really bad 5 hr wait every time, on top of that I have to keep calling the service dep for a part they keep telling me oh it was sent back because you dident come in , I dident revive a phone call how was I suppose to know this is the 3rd time wow. Love the car but the service is so bad won't be buying a Kia in the future and I have a lease.

Customer Rating

I have a 2012 Kia Optima and have been having problems with the engine for the year. The engine has gone out. They are telling me that warranty will not cover it because I had 2 receipts missing for oil changes. I had the oil changed just don't have the receipts. Even if I didn't have the oil changed you can not tell me that a lack of 2 oil changes would cause the engine to go out. Someone needs to make this right. I can't believe the whole warranty would be void. I will be obtaining a lawyer and will be talking to the local news about this problem.

Customer Rating

I LOVE my 2014 Kia Optima but I have a complaint about it. The passenger seat is entirely too low, it should have been made to adjust like the driver seat is. Other owners that I know that own the Optima have the same complaint as well. In manufacturing your newer models please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Customer Rating

dear brother, kia cerato is a good car but the services & maintenance in jaddah is the bad thing. they are organised, they are not accepting cars easily, they are not working quickly, they do not understand the problems in cars,the number of staff responsible for the quick services are not sufficient (2 staff??), they are not doing all the chick list for each Km as specified by the company in the regular services, they requested from me ~620 RS for 20000 km to change only filter of air condition & one other filter & oil exchange.

In each regular check up i found they are putting more engine oil than the max. limit, which when i went to outside specialized oil exchanger he found ~700ml oil in excess. Also, i found other people in the same day that i was their complaining that the spare part ( as compressor of air condition, master of breaks)are not easily available & they are going to request them & ask them they will contact them after 2-3weeks..

is it correct to leave your care unrepaired for this period. Also, the lack of the number of point responsible for services & if you found a place they will said to you that they can not do all services. Until now no point for kia services in Makka which is a big countries in KSA...... Do they know about Kia car services?, Is this services for each car is sufficient to follow the car engine? i don't know if the Kia company will be satisfied for this or not? or should i go i seal my car??

Customer Rating

I have a 2010 Kia sportage with a full log book history going through the warranty process I have been mucked around continuesly for the last 9 weeks an it's just not good enough the problem needs to be fixed warranty keep rejecting claim asking for more information an photos if vehicle I'm at my wits ends the motor seized with absolutely no warning in the middle of no where no warning lights nothing I'm sick of waiting on return calls that never happen Kia please hurry up an warrant your 5year unlimited warranty it has been a horrible ordeal an I just want my car back if the problem isn't fixed shortly I'm going to have to take it higher

Customer Rating

I purchased a 2012 Kia Optima in December 2011. It just reached 9,000 miles. All of a sudden the front end began to
make a rumbling noise like the front axle is about come off. The vibration is on the right front passenger side. I am now afraid of what I have invested in--I took it to the Kia Dealership on Mt. Moriah in Memphis, TN. The service department kept the car for two days and the technician stated that she heard the noise but could not find out what it was.....On Thursday afternoon I was called to come and pick my car up but there is no resolution to what the trouble is with the car. Bill in the service department stated that he would have to call the corporate office in order to find out what is going on.....I want this documented due to the fact that I am a Coach and I transport students and if something were to happen, I want it noted that I made the local dealership aware of the problem and now I am notifying the corporate office. The noise does not sound well at all. Please notify me to show that you read emails and you care about your customers.

I look forward to hearing from you....
Zinker Williams
5434 Eagle Bead Cove
Memphis, TN 38125
901-314-2731

Customer Rating

Please I need your intervention now. Kia Midrand is really giving me hypertension now. I stil don't have a car licence disk! I bought a car and was given temporal permit as usual. It expired afta 21days, I went to kia to get my number plate, I was told it's still not ready. They gave me another temp permit expiring today 14th. Yesterday, I went to kia and was told number plate is not ready but Nash,a salesman would deliver it to pretoria where I'm residing. I am still waiting, no Nash, no call for apology, no permit neither number plate.

I have been moaning about the service I got from the beginning from them until Denzel at web customer service intervened. I think I was the first to buy this new picanto in gauteng as a whole. I have been waiting for this car since I saw it online, february when wheels.com was talking about Audi who drew it. I went to the web online support,requesting them to let me know when car has arrived. I kept on calling, surfing , going online just to keep my patience strong. Finaly july15 it was launched. I tried dealers, they said it had not yet arrived due to snow. 21st July I bought the car. Believe me we were struggling for the colour, no one knows which colours were coming. Fine, I tried to understand cos maybe I was quick before they knew anything about new picanto.

What keep bothering me is the ignorance and poor service from Christo, the manager. Believe me, he never came out to speak to me afta I waited from that 21 july till my BIRTHDAY 2 August where I had to go for any colour. I never saw his face at all as the first customer to buy this new car in his branch ON MY BIRTHDAY! I was there for almost two hours waiting waiting for Nash to get full info from headoffice . He kept on going to the manager but he would just peep.

He stil did not make any effort for me to understand what next about car disk because he is the one who refused with another permit yesterday. They don't bother meeting me halfway in terms of service, I keep on leaving work in joburg to them and I see other dealers delivering products to their customers at work like that permit was going to be delivered. I really regret choosing their branch, this always pains my heart but now again it's worst.

I love kia product. If they valued me as their important customer, do you think they were not going to follow up and give me update in everything! I am really troubled in spirit. Please help Me kia, I will not call them again , I will use taxi whilst waiting for the disk.

Customer Rating

I put my kia sorento in to find out why the 4x4 was not engaging they had it for a day charged 300.00 and still could not tell me what was wrong but if a brought it back they would keep looking and they couldnt tell me if they would be able to find the fault on the next visit which makes a joke of the certificates on the wall of the service centre about fault finding and retification. I sent a email to the dealer asking if they think they could find the fault if I booked it in again and they didnt even get back to me. If they could have given some information back instead of yer its still got the same problem

Contact the Kia Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Kia. What is their corporate mailing address?

• I want to call the Kia customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

• I need to visit the Kia company website. What is their website address?