Kia

Most Popular Complaint about Kia

Posted by Kathy Montgomery on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I am writing in reference to an extremely negative experience I encountered when I visited your dealership located on University drive in Huntsville, AL. I was looking to purchase a 2013 Kia Forte - VIN KNAFT4A24D5672173 - advertised on the dealerships website for $11,625. When I arrived at the dealership I was instantly approached by a salesperson who was very nice and eager to help. I explained to him I wanted to see the vehicle advertised online and also wanted to see a new Forte so I could consider the options of buying the used car compared to the new car. His response was you cannot believe everything you see online. He stated that cars are placed online to get customers to the dealership and once there they could see what the dealership had to offer. He then proceeded to show me the new cars. Finally, he took me around and showed me the used cars. The 2013 that was advertised was on the lot. After we looked at the new and used Fortes, I asked him to get me a price quote for a new Forte and the 2013 Forte. He came back and gave me a price of $16,999 for the 2013 Forte that was advertised online for $11,625. I asked if I could borrow his computer to pull up the dealership website and show him the price of the car. When I pulled up the website he took the price over to his manager. He came back and stated the online pricing was 2014 pricing and since it is January 2015 the price has changed to 2015 pricing. We then offered to pay cash for the vehicle if the $11,625 price would be honored. The salesperson did not acknowledge the cash offer and quickly changed the conversation to encourage me to buy a new car. Also, when I first arrived at the dealership, I was asking to trade in a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I expected to have negative equity in the Fiesta. I currently owe $8,500 on the vehicle and using Kelly Blue Book as a guideline I expected to be offered around $5,000 for the trade in, I was extremely shocked when I was offered $3,300 for the trade in. However, my disappointment is un-related to the trade in. My disappointment in KIA is the fact KIA advertises prices online but refuses to honor the advertised price. Finally, I am not a customer who needs or relies on generous credit approvals. I was told by the salesperson that I was not a typical KIA customer. He stated most customers were in desperate situations and were just happy to be approved for a vehicle. I appreciate the KIA policy to approve all customers. However, I believe you reputation as a company would be better served if you honored advertised prices. It is unbelievable that a company advertises a price but refuses to honor it. Until yesterday, my plans were to trade in my Ford and get a KIA Forte. As of today, I am unsure how I feel about KIA.

Did Kia provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Kia?

1.97 out of 5

Website

www.kia.com

More Kia Complaints

Customer Rating

I went to town yesterday. I hit something on the highway on the way in. The my tire light came on. I pulled into a parking lot to check it out. I found out my back tire was flat. No problem, I always keep a pump and a tire plug kit in the trunk. So I start pumping it up. It's not inflating. So I thinking, OK I got to use the spare tire. Guess what? There's no damn spare tire! There's not even a frickin jack! There's a frickin pump that looks like it cost like 20 bucks and a save a flat container. Which is worthless because I can't inflate the tire. So I call the dealership, they tell me yea that car (2014 Rio) don't come with a spare. But they tell me that I got the road side package, and to call them. So I call. They said they would have someone out in about 45 minutes. The guy showed up, hooked my car up and towed it a couple of miles away to the dealership service dept. I'M HAVING MY CAR TOWED FOR A FLAT TIRE! WTF! Anyways. They tell me it has two holes on the sidewall. So I need a new tire. (105.00) bucks. They didn't have one, had to order it. Another hour. It ended up 3 frickin hours for a flat tire! I love this car, and your service dept. it is awesome. Never ever dealt with a service dept. like the Kia ones. Great people. I asked how much a new tire and rim would cost. They told me between $300.00 and $350.00. They said I had to buy the kit. I don't want a damn space saver tire. And I hate the jacks that come with most cars. I always use a floor jack. Anyways I had to write this a day later because if I had written it yesterday, it would have been unreadable. I was so pissed off I was shaking. I mean seriously, if I got towed into the service dept twice, that would pay for a new tire. On a side note. The salesman told me I had Sirus on my radio. Come to find out it doesn't work in Hawaii.

Customer Rating

I bought my Kia Soul in May 2013. It has been great thus far until a few days ago. This past weekend, January 9th-10th, my Kia Soul would not start. I live in LaPorte, IN and the weather has been snowy, icy and with minus wind chill factors with temps in the minus 20's. I am in a band and use this vehicle to transport band equipment from job to job. If my car is not reliable, then I cannot continue to do this. We were finished with a gig and loaded the equipment into my Kia Soul. I got in and tried to start the car and it did not turn over. I tried turning the key in the ignition 4 times and each time all it did was click. The battery seemed OK as all of the lights in the dash were bright. I went back into the venue and asked if we could wait there as I had to call for a tow truck. The place was closing and I was imposing on the owners to wait with me when they truly wanted to go home for the night. In the meantime, my boyfriend went outside and he tried to start the car. He turned the key in the ignition 4 times and on the 5th try the car finally started. So we thanked the owners for waiting for us and warmed the car up and then made it home. The very next morning, the car would not start yet again. And the same scenario ensued. Finally, after turning the key in the ignition multiple times the car finally turned over. So we drove it directly to Neilsen Kia in Michigan City, IN. It was a Saturday and the service department had already closed. So I left the car with one of the salesman (Chuck) and filled out a form and dropped off my keys. On the following Monday, I called the Kia service department and asked if they were able to fix my problem. The mechanic on duty (Mike) explained that the problem was not fixable. I thought that Kia had a warranty that covered the car, bumper to bumper, for 5 years or 100,000 miles. This was one of the main reasons I bought the car to begin with. But Mike explained that the problem is in the design of the 2013 Kia Soul. He said that the starter is mounted to the bottom of the engine block and there is no splash shield protecting the starter from snow and ice getting into it. Thus, the starter froze. I asked if a splash shield could be put on my car to keep this from happening in the future. He told me "no" as they only started putting the splash shields on the 2014 models and the 2013 Kia Soul had a different body design which would not accommodate the 2014 splash shield. So I said, "Well, what can I do as I need to have a reliable car?" And he basically told me "nothing". He also told me that 3 other Kia Soul's of the same year had been towed into their dealership with the exact same problem that weekend. I can't believe that Kia would not address this issue. This is a design defect and it is not something that I am responsible for. I cannot continue to drive the car in the cold weather when it is not reliable. So we drove it directly to Apex Muffler in LaPorte and explained the situation to one of their mechanics. He said he could configure a splash shield for my car and it would cost $120. So I left my car with him to get this taken care of. In the meantime after he looked at the under carriage of the car, he called me and said that there were actually holes drilled for a splash shield placement. So what gives? Why couldn't Kia take care of this for me? It should be covered in the warranty. You must know of the problem because you have taken the initiative to redesign the car in 2014 to have the splash shield to protect the starter. This can become very dangerous to people as they can become stranded in below zero temperatures and it can be life threatening to those who live in states where the winters are challenging due to snow, ice and low temperatures. So I would like someone to address this issue or at least refund my money for forcing me to get an outside mechanic to repair a problem that Kia should have taken care of in the first place.

Customer Rating

When on an existing phone call before getting into my kia, the bluetooth doesn’t automatically connect to the Kia’s bluetooth. I have to either speak to the person via speakerphone, on the phone (illegal) or call them back.

When I called Kia to tell them about this glitch and ask when they are releasing an update, they said the car was designed like this.

So it was designed to be unsafe? They made the bluetooth not work 100% of the time on purpose?

They designed it in a way so it doesn’t connect to the car’s bluetooth? Weird. If I knew about this, I wouldn’t have got this car.

Customer Rating

On April 1, 2014 on around 4 P.M. I was driving on Astoria Blvd, Queens, NY, and while approaching the red light the car all of a sudden shuts off. I waited few seconds to start the car again. The same day while driving to the Bronx, NY at around 5 P. M. while driving on the Cross Bronx Express Way and Middletown Rd. I experienced the same situation as stated above on this letter. I am very concerned about this, because is not only about my safety, but the safety of other people on the road.
Because there are no Kia service department in the Bronx, NY where I live I called Kia at Tenafly NJ, where they wanted me to take the car the next day 4/3/2014. I emphasize that it was impossible because on that particular day I was traveling to PA. The appointment was scheduled for today April, 2 2014 at 4 P. M.
Your attention to this matter will be appreciated. I can be contacted at 917-412-1356
VIncenzo Castellano

Customer Rating

Compre una sorento 2014. En junio 2013. El gerente de ese tiempo Sr. Willi Suliveras. Muy amablemente me dijo que ordenaria el consecionario una segunda llave por que solo me dieron una. Pasaron los dias lleve la camioneta a su cita de chequeo y me realizaron un cambio de aceita gratis y lavado. Luego la camara de retroceso empeso a dar problema se apagaba fui dos veces me hicieron la orden y me llamaron cuando esta llego. Luego note muy lenta la camioneta no respondia al acelerar. Fui al diller la deje alli para chequeo y me prestaron otro carro. Me dijeron que esta bien peri debian cambiar los ejes. Hicieron la orden me llaman cuando ya llegaron. Voy me dan un carro y regreso el.siguiente dia. Luego ellos ne llaman para decirme que deben cambiar la transmission. Yo no muy convencida acepte.pasaron los meses pregunto por la llave . Nadie sabe nada. Fui nuevamente el dia de ayer jueves 28 de marzo al diller a realizar un cambio de aceite y valanceo de llantas. Y aprovechando la ocasion pregunte por la llave y fui tratada de la manera mas horrible que jamas imagine. El manager Fernando Ortiz y el Dueno Cesar Prado. Me humillaron. El senor Prado fue pesado, tajante y grocero con su respuesta y avalo la acusacion que se atrevio hacerme Ortiz. Al asegurarme que habia checado el record de mi camioneta y se habia dado cuenta que yo habia recibido muchos servicios gratis y que el me habia visto muchas veces llegar al diller. dijo estas palabras ,”USTED HA RECIBIDO MUCHOS SERVICIOS GRATIS POR PARTE DEL SENOR SULIVERA, y QUIEN SAVE BAJO QUE CONDICIONES!!” Aduciendo que yo tenia otra manera de como pagar por los servicios que no fuera con dinero esto lo repitio 3 veces. Espero una pronta solucion a esta falta dr respeto a una senor casada con 3 hijos. Me danaron tanto que me la pase llorando en el diller cerca de una hora mientras relizaban el servicio y ninguno de los dos se acerco a ofrecer una disculpa. Y esto no sucedio dentro de una oficina si no a la vista de empleados y clientes que me vieron humillada. Lamento mucho que esta clase de gente ensucie el prestigioso nombre de KIA. HE PENSADO PRoceder legalmente a que se me responda ante un tribunal ante tales acusaciones garves. Gracias por su atencion.
Goldy Sermeno
832 537 81 05

Customer Rating

I recently traded a jeep liberty in on a newer jeep liberty at Kia in Panama city Fl. The dealership treats woman horrible and only listens to the husband. I traded my jeep in my name only. The had my husband who was not on my jeep sign off on my jeep and transferred my plate to the new jeep and changed my plate to my husbands name and birthdate. I called them out at the dealership and they say it is the banks policy. I talked with the bank and they have no policy because if in booth names the plate b-day depends on the couple. I would never deal with this dealership again and they did not want to hear from me but would only discuss with husband. I thought women had some rights to make decisions in this day and age. They also told us to lie saying we put down 2000 dollars toward the vehicle when we only did 350 plus my trade in. This place is a scam. Now I await my sticker to go back to the DMV and switch my original b-day back to my plate. More money. Just because a woman is married does not mean the guy or business makes the decisions. You need to teach your car salesmen that in many cases the women make the decisions not the male and to sell a car they need to polite and treat a woman respectfully. I have never been treated as a second class citizen in my life. Thank you for your time Nikki Upton

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nikki Upton on 03/20/2014 at IP address 23.117.97.166 using our Kia Panama City Fl complaint form. This opinions contained in this Kia Panama City Fl customer review titled, “Discrimination on a woman” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

i have complain about my kia 2700 van i bought it may mouth 2011 sence then i have change three right side front tyre so i was told from other people that had bought kia 2700 and they have the same problem so i call (southern sale trinidad) the company i bought the van from and they told me they knows nothing about they fault the van comes with its on the right front side NOW I AM THINKING I COULD NEVER BUY ANY KIA VEHICLE BECAUSE OF THIS .

Customer Rating

I bought my second Kia within the last 12 month’s, the last one being one of my daughters first car. Although it was used it still put her into a $14K debt and as a college student that ain’t exactly peanuts. She took delivery of the vehicle and noticed the gas tank was only half full. I have since learned that this is a new company policy and I want to tell you that the policy sucks. It took the thrill out of the purchase and makes you guys look like you’re hard up for cash. It also makes me wonder what else you’ve done that I haven’t noticed yet, being that you seem to be that desperate. I have two more kids in line waiting for vehicles and considered trading in my 2011 for a newer model, but I think I will go to a company less cash strapped than you seem to be. I will pass this policy along to everyone I know in the hope that they reconsider buying from companies that do that kind of stuff.

Good luck

M. Vazquez.

Customer Rating

This companys finance department has not got a clue how to organize finance. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I decided to pay off the balance for my vehicle and contacted KIA finance department to get a final figure. They worked it out and I paid the required amount by card and I asked for conformation that I had now paid in full for the vehicle.

The conformation arrived next day saying that they had no further interest in the vehicle. Two days later I received two letters both from the finance department, both different, which stated that there was a shortfall in the amount that I had paid, one stated that I was some £112 pounds short and the other stated that I had not paid anything off the final payment. So what was going on in the same department and I said at first, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

I decided to conact Consumer Direct, which is part of the Trading Standards Office. They advised me not to pay anything more as I had the letter stating that the company had no further interest in the vehicle, but I was to phone the company and point out their error and see what they said.

So I phoned the finance department, which by the way costs 10p a minute as it’s an 0871 number. They don’t hurry themselves and my phone bill is mounting up, they don’t care it’s not costing them anything.
To say the least, I had a good rant at them and the unfortunate lady on the other end is getting a right ear bending. She says she will look into this cmplaint right away and within a few minutes she is back on the phone and says that I am right and that there is nothing more to pay for this vehicle.

I once again ask for conformation in writing and sure enough two days later I get an identical letter to the first one that I had received, saying the they had no further interest in the vehicle. I have informed the Consumer Direct what I have received and we are now waiting to see what happens next. I have been advised that if they come back again for further payment, I should take out a summons agianst KIA for harassment.

I have never known such an incompetent company before and I am now wondering if the same sort of problems exist in all other sections of this company and I am now worried that I may have made a terrible mistake in buying a KIA car.

Customer Rating

I have only had my KIA for 2 years. I have filed two complaints with KIA and all they have offered me is repair service or oil changes for two years and the last one was two car payments. I now learn my car is on the recall list for problems I have already experienced. I have been driving this car in fear for two years hoping nothing else would go wrong only to learn there are new problems to worry about. This is no way for a person to live. I have enough stress with my husbands health and do not need any additional. Today, I was driving and the car on its own went into overdrive. Thankfully, I was on a small back road with no traffic and not on the interstate. My husband has a life threatening heart condition and I fear every time I have to drive him to the doctor or hospital. I have tried several times to work with the dealership I purchased my car from but alas, no one is willing to cooperate. I know what you can do for me because I work for a Fortune 500 Company and the decisions come from the top. I expect to hear from someone to try and settle this problem. My home phone is 615-696-1144. I know this complaint is going to go in the trash and no one is going to bother answering. Your credibility is slipping with me and with all customers.
Carolyn Long
CAR VIN # 5XYKT4A23BG095559

Customer Rating

I have taken my 2011 Kia Forte to the Billion Auto Dealership in Sioux city Iowa told each time nothing wrong, paid one time to get the fuel line cleaned as I was told that was the problem, another time told nothing wrong, another time same response. The last time I took it back I asked to hook up to diagnostic again told nothing wrong. On 4/7/2013 I was driving down highway and the car stalled.

I was lucky I had the 60,000 miles free towing but now I am at 61250 now I am responsible for towing at my own cost. THis is UNSAFE AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP IN THIS. I AM EVEN ASKING FOR A NEW CAR.

Customer Rating

I had a day off of work and took my Kia Spectra in for a recalled part that needed to be fixed. During this time I also requested an oil change. I dropped my car off at 8:15am and was not called until 11:15am to pick it up. When I was trying to pay for the oil change there was no paper work on this being done.

The admin person told me to go walk back into the service center to figure it out. That was the 1st rude thing that was done. Customer service would have been for her to call or page the tech to come into the show room area. I went back to the service department only to find out my car had not received an oil change.

This dealership had my car for 3 hours to do 1 thing?!?!?! After the tech said he forgot about it that he would get it in for the oil change in the next hour. Are you kidding me?!?!? I had made other appointments that day since it was my ONLY day off.

Not 1 person apologized or offer any assistance or a solution to this issue. Don’t you think these people could have said here come back to us and have a FREE oil change. I don’t even care if I had to pay for the oil change but at least offer something. They were very unprofessional. I TRIED to give this dealership another chance. This is the 3rd issue I have had with these people.

They have a brand new building and I thought the help there would have been different. Though I found out the hard way nothing has changed with their service! I also don’t think someone on the clock and working should be on their phone more than speaking to a customer.

Customer Rating

I now know why you only give a 100,000 km warranty for your kia sorento i have the miss pleasure of trying to track down an engine for my vehicle. I have had brake rotars replaced $800 / a 4×4 problem repair $1900 / NOW I HAVE A ENGINE THAT NEEDS REPLACING and cannot find one in Aust. I have not had the vehicle 4 years yet and I dont think paying $44000.oo is value for my money. I have sent emails through to you guys before were can I get a replacement motor so I can at least off load this LEMON. I work for myself and this is costing me big time. Thanks.

Customer Rating

I have a 2009 Kia Optima and the battery keeps dying if I don’t drive it for a week or two. I keep towing this car into the dealer and they charge the battery and say everything test OK. I have had it into the shop 3 times over the last 6 months. Kia is refusing to replace the battery stating that once charged everything test OK. They said that I should start the car and let it run every few days. That’s easy for someone that doesn’t travel weeks at a time. I can replace the battery on my own, but that’s not the point. I shouldn’t have to replace a battery after 2 years.

The good news is that I have 5 years of Kia roadside assistance, so they will come out every time I need a jump and Kia will pay for it. I bet I can far out-way a cost of new battery with the roadside assistance charges that Kia will be paying for. Thanks for nothing Kia!

Customer Rating

Kia is at it again using my rats. Their using stuff out my book again.I’m going to do this again.In the book the wood rats dragging their long tales behind them. page11 boutique page 12 four wood rats the red car page 19 calling all mice.page 20 the army of mice they came from all over th world page 20.celluar phone page 23 enie menie miney moe are their names black jogging suits page 28 shoes page 28 shoes female oufit page 31 purse page 32 mini van page 44 paperboard box page 56 nasty rat festus page 56 rats driving car page 93 sharp car page 94 moe the wood rat rapping page.

105 boombox page 111 poochie mama and black skirt jewlery page 128 green car page 131 earmuffs page 131 hair upkeep signifies a barbershop page131 brown wood rats dancing 133 red hooded jogging suit page 134 tennis shoes page 134 black sunglasses page 134 scenery the hood page 127 stefon with packages my characters page 127 Joe Ann Lias

Customer Rating

Dear Sir, I own KIA car,and i do all the maintenance on time,suddenly i haired a sound in the gear box .i tried to call for an appointment it was impossible to rich anybody by phone,when i drove to auto mall branch in Jedediah they refer me to Sylemaniah becouse they don’t have the service for gear box when i ruched to sulaimaniah branch they could notaccept my car before fife weeks from today and they refered me to nuzhah and i could not find the location nor the phone# Kindly help me with my case befor i loose my kia gear box.

Customer Rating

My 06 kia optima has 42,000 miles and has had issues with the lights from the start. Finally the dealership said if I had any other issues with the lights bring it in they would give me a loaner car to drive until my car had its lighting issue fixed. My brake lights stuck on while the car was turned off and parked at my job. After the battery was drained and the car would not start to be driven ANYWHERE,the dealer said that no loaner cars was available and just bring it in and drop it off.The service dept. sales dept. or the dealership manager would not offer any other assistance.

I only live two blocks away but as a female living alone pushing the car to the dealership was not an option. The purpose in buying a kia was for the warranty coverage.

Customer Rating

My Kia Sorento was leaking antifreeze. I bought it to Kia Flemington. First of all the person in charge of service would not return my call all day Saturday 5/21. I should have known that was a bad omen. Then he told me to leave my car there on Sunday night they would work on it with a diagnostic for $120. All day Monday no call, called back 4 times they said they had it on the lift all day and could not figure out what was wrong with it. Tuesday called back 11:30 John told me he would go get the estimate. Came back with all the hoses needed replacement, which I assumed.

Told me parts cost 451 and labor 1169. TERRIBLE LIE!!! Told him I was coming to get my Kia with this rediculous price. He told me the manager said he could take $500 off the job! You know he was lying about what the job cost. I took it to the neighborhood mechanic. He did the job for $459 in Hillsborough NJ. I will never buy another Kia because of these shysters. I have owned 8 cars and the best so far is Nissan. Don’t get your repairs done down there you will be fleeced.

Customer Rating

I* bought a brand new kia soul 2010 in jan 10 if I do not drive it for three or four days the battery is dead this has happe3ned 5-10 times had a new battery put in last may or june this keeps happening I bought aq battery charger running up my electric dealer sai9d i shoulod disconnect the neg battery if i go away for three or four days I am a single senior woman and have not got a clue about this that is why I bought a brand new car so Iwould nolt have this problem anyone out there kinow who I can contact

Customer Rating

Myself has come up with a cure for people like Kia who take people.I will not mess with publisers anymore. I don’t like when people still my work. So I got 25 of my friends to say this is my story then it will be be Goliath beat david down anymore I will copyright but I will not depend on them for support they know them rats is not no foreigns Enie Nenie Miney and Moe it was not ment for them to be gaggsters kia did that i guess that’s how all blacks are. They are not gangbangers .The book The Wood Rats Dragging their long TALES is nobodies gangbanger. Thank you kia now I know what you think of blacks.

Peace I’m outta here. P>S.if you hadn’t noticed the rats are from the hood and they are American americans just like me

Companies Like Kia

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!