Kia Customer Service

Contact Kia Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1 (800) 333-4542

If you need to contact the Kia corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below. The best way to reach a live person at Kia is by calling the customer service phone numberat 1-800-333-4542. Having billing issues? An alternative complaint line for Kia Finance customer service is 1-866-331-5632. We could not find a company email address for Kia.

You can use the Kia Motors consumer assistance center to provide feedback or inquiry to speak with a customer service representative. A form for customer service needs pertaining to Kia Financing can be found here. The company can also be found social media. So, if you do not get a response by phone or email you can connect with them on Twitter or on their Facebook page.

Kia makes popular car and SUV models such as the Optima, Sportage, and Sorrento. There have been thousands of consumer reviews filed about various problems with these cars. The most common issues are releated to mechanical failures, deceptice sales practices, short-term leases, and about the warranty. Kia corporate keeps standard business hours of operation, even though they are based in Japan.

Kia originally was founded in 1944 as Kyungsung Precision Industry manufacturing bicycle parts. Over the years the name was changed to Kia Industries as the company worked on Honda-licensed motorcycles and cars, and then later changed to Kia Motors as the company joined the automobile industry full in 1986. Kia Motors America started expanding into the United States in 1992.

The company maintains their world headquarters in Seoul, South Korea while Kia Motors America uses  the Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia plant in West Point, Georgia that was a $1billion investment into the North American market.

Upset with Kia?

File a complaint here!

Reach Kia Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Kia corporate office

• P.O. Box 52410 Irvine, CA 92619-2410

1 (800) 333-4542

A-

8am-5pm PST

Top Kia Complaints

I have a Kia that is under warranty in Abuja, Nigeria. I have been waiting for 2 months for my car to be repaired. The dealership is very unhelpful. They do not offer a loaner car while my car is being repaired. They do not return phone calls. They keep promising the car will be ready and it is not. Even after I have waited for 2 months for my part to arrive and my car to be ready, they still say something else is wrong with it. How could they not have tried anything else to fix the car in all that time? They are the worst customer service people I have ever experienced. I will tell every single person I know not to buy a car from this dealership.

Comment (0)

My used 2013 Kia is supposed to be under warranty. I developed a loud rattle and lost power about 2 blocks from home. Once I arrived at home, the car died and it wouldn't start again. I had the car towed to my mechanic, who determined that it was the high-pressure fuel pump. He said it should be covered under warranty.

The dealership said the same thing, and I had my car towed to them. They then said that because my mechanic "touched it" prior to it coming to them, they would not honor the warranty. Having my mechanic look at it first did not mean that the part wasn't defective. The mechanic has only changed my oil since I got this car.

I had to have the car towed to the mechanic in the first place. Obviously something was very wrong with the car before he even looked at it. Even though the dealership was supposed to put a rush order on the fuel pump, it was not available when my mechanic wanted it. I had him do the work as the dealership wanted to charge me a lot more. I was without my car for an entire week. I did call the 800 customer service number and got no satisfaction. I feel that at a minimum, I should be reimbursed for the parts and labor involved.

Comment (0)

When I purchased my new Kia Sedona in 2009 it came with a "tires for life" policy. I had my car serviced regularly at the Kia AutoSports in Tallahassee where I purchased the vehicle as was required for the "tire policy". The dealership was recently sold and the new owners will not honor my "tires for life policy". I sent certified letters to the new owner and general manager, including all of my service paperwork.

The certified letters were signed for at delivery and I have the return receipt. I never heard back from either the new owner or general manager. I live a 2-hour drive from the dealership and I would not have continued to have my vehicle serviced there if I realized that the tire warrantee was not valid. I now plan on contacting the Tallahassee Better Business Bureau as well as YELP. I am also sending a letter regarding this situation to Kia Corporate in California.

Comment (0)

I bought a brand new Kia Soul in March of this year. I got to the dealership around 5:30pm and left the lot with the new car. I was told that I needed to bring the car back in on Friday and they would detail it and go over all the features and sync my phone. When I dropped off my car that Friday I came back to pick it up and nobody showed me anything. All I was told was that someone would be with me and then nobody ever helped me. I now have buyers remorse.

I now have a car that doesn't have keyless entry, no cruise control, had to buy the spare tire kit and I have no way of getting into my trunk when the car is locked unless I open the drivers door and unlock the car. I have never had or seen a car that you cannot unlock the trunk from outside the car. I really hate this car and I will never buy another Kia again. I have already had to have the roadside service come to my house and jump start my car because the battery was dead from who knows what. Nothing was ever found.

Its a brand new car, the battery should not just have died on its own. Never again! If I could trade it in I would do it without blinking or regret! If I could make this experience a zero I would.

Comment (0)

I called Kia customer service because Grosinger Kia in Chicago IL owes me money. But the guy from the customer service was so root with me. Finally called Kia motors to ask them when they are send it to me that check for rent in car who I waiting for two months and still I don't have it. They left me on hold for 1 hour and 36 min and never answered me. Such a coward, and of course I call again and the next who answered. They give me little hope that maybe I will receive my money for two days.

Comment (0)

I reached out to KIA Customer Service for assistance because a KIA Dealer was unable to repair my Sorento's Brake Light/Shift Lock Problem, (e.g. 3 unsuccessful attempts). Dealer said vehicle needed a complete wiring harness replacement at an estimated cost of $5500, after I had already spent nearly $960. This diagnosis offered to me by a certified KIA Service Facility was based and what they described as a “Wiggle Test”.

After some investigation I soon discovered after-the-fact that KIA had previous poor quality history as it relates to KIA Brake Light and Shifter issues, (e.g. two separate recalls in various models, including mine, since 2008). They have well known and documented problems with this design and the components used within. In my phone conversation with a KIA Customer Escalation Manager, I shared this information and expressed my lack of confidence in this KIA Dealership and their " Wiggle Test" diagnostic process.

I asked for his assistance to get to a reasonable resolution to my problem. I wanted some consideration from KIA to get a second opinion on the diagnosis and a report on what is found. I offered the following paths to corrective Action to repair my Sorento. That an independent Automotive Diagnostic Service, (e.g. agreeable to KIA) perform an inspection of my Sorento and provide a second opinion/report, (No Additional Cost to me). That a KIA specialist, (e.g. a regional technical expert) inspect my Sorento and provide a second opinion/report, (No Additional Cost to me).That another local KIA dealer who I have learned has a solid reputation inspect my Sorento and provide a second report.

The Kia Escalation Manager refused to offer any assistance to help mitigate my problem and closed my case. I have since written a letter to KIA management expressing my total displeasure with how my case was handled. I recently received a phone message in mid October from the same Escalation Manger that my case was re-opened and to contact him. I have attempted to contact him over a dozen times in the past (2) weeks-no response to any of these messages. So much for KIA's "Customer First Policy".

Comment (0)

I woke up this morning to take my daughter to school. My rear back window was shattered. There wasn't any hole though the window indicated that some one busted my car window. Money had to come put my pocket 350.00 to repair the window. So i thought maybe a rock hit it. No the window was just shattered. Windows should be covered under warranty especially when i dodnt cause the accident.

Comment (0)

My son purchased a brand new 2014 Kia Soul off the lot. The car has a total of 60542 miles and the engine seized up while going down the highway. It was towed home and then towed to the nearest Kia dealer which is 45 minutes away from home. The service department called asking questions about the incident and then ask for all the maintenance receipts. I explained to them that my older son is a mechanic at an auto repair shop and changes his oil after hours and has never charged him.

He has had a few oil changes done at other places for which he does have receipts. Kia stated there was sludge in engine and started it was from neglect, even though they have had this problem for years. I think someone needs to stop Kia! They are ripping off the consumers and getting away with it daily. Kia dealer wanted $5000.00 to replace the junk engine they put in. Ridiculous! This vehicle has 100,000 mile power train warranty but they will not honor it sure to we do not have record of all oil changes. Stop Kia!

Comment (0)

My daughter brought my Kia Sportage Jeep 2005 into the Premier Kia Dealership in Metairie, LA on Veterans Memorial Boulevard on September 20, 2016. They advised us on the compressor going out for the air conditioner and how much it would be for it and also for the water pump which is not disbursing the fluid to the windshield. I arrive to pickup my jeep and they charged me $120 for just looking at it if I didn't get anything repaired. I paid and left with the vehicle. I got about 5 minutes away when I left and the jeep cut off, stop starting and started running hot. It was not doing this at all. I had to push the jeep off the street and 2 other gentlemen helped me. I had to call a tow truck and have it towed back to the dealership to see what did they do or what has gone wrong.

They kept my car for a week and said it was the starter in which I did pay and have repaired and was also going to have the compressor done. They promised me the starter would come in on Saturday the 24th of September and would be ready on Monday, September 26th. This did not happen. I had to call them back and find out what was the issue because they did not have the courtesy to call me and tell me. They claimed the starter did not arrive and is expecting it to arrive on Wednesday the 28th. This does not sound very honest because they were promising me the car for Monday the 26th. I now have decided not to fix the compressor with Kia because nothing was done within a whole week. Once the starter was repaired, me and my daughter arrived to pay and pick it up.

My daughter left in the jeep to go to work and took the interstate, the car cut off again. She got it started and it cut off again, would not start and started running hot again. These were the same exact problems the jeep was having when I got it back from them after the diagnostic. This time Kia offered to tow the car in, however, we tried to drive it back as close as possible because of a misunderstanding. I did not know they were sending a tow truck which is why we moved it.

The jeep would not start up and run to get to the dealership, therefore, since I missed the option for them to tow it back, I had to call another tow truck to get it back there. My car has now been there for 2 weeks and they have not found the problem yet. They will not provide me a loaner car or a rental car and also will not keep me updated on what is going on. I have also talked to Jason who was my service provider. I then tried to contact Ray, the service manager, at this time because now it has been 2 weeks I am without a car.

He explained that until all the parts come in for the car, they do not work on the car. I have spoken to him twice. The second time it was about the starter that now they have to order a new one. This is unacceptable and they should be able to accommodate me with a vehicle until they figure out what is the problem.The dealership made me buy a starter saying this is the problem and yet the jeep is still not operable. Why is it running hot and will not start? Why can't they take care of a customer when they do not know the issue and I have given them an ample amount of time to repair the vehicle? I also left a message for the general manager who did not return my call. I want the service I deserve. It is now 3 weeks.

Comment (0)

We purchased a new 2016 Kia Soul "Sinister Edition" and my wife was in a accident with a deer. Car goes to the body shop and the front bumper isn't availiable until December 23rd and Kia Corporate doesn't think that we are entitled to a rental car and we have exhausted our rental car threw our insurance company.

So we are paying for a new car and cant drive it because of the front bumper facia isn't availiable.. Whenever I called and opened a complaint with customer service they said they would call me back within 72 hours and I haven't heard from them yet. We love the car and the dealership we got it at but the Corporate Office isn't doing there job and serving there customers. After they told me that is was our fault for needing a bumper cover because we wrecked the car , I was done talking to them

Comment (0)

My complain is that I have a Kia Sportage 2012 but bought it in 2011 the rack on the roof is peeling. I try to call the advisor since august 9 like he told me on my last visit call me I will take care of it. So try to call since august never return my call but today Sept. 20 the secretary took the message. He return my call to tell me that he is sorry but my warranty expired August 17 and if I want to have the roof fix I need to pay for it. Sorry but Mr. Randy if you would a return my call this problem would never occurred. He is busy as an advisor but I am busy too as a nurse and he is the one who told me to call him.

Now he is telling me I should a stop at the dealer and make an appointment. So much bull. I had a car with a rack on the roof for 7 years never had that problem with it yes sorry it was a chevrolet. The service at this dealer is so slow. I went there to change a high beam light. They want to charge me $425 they told me i have to change the hole part in the front went I refuse they clean all the wire and they make the light work. I'm sure down the road I will have the same problem. The warranty don't look like its covering anything. No more Kia for me.

Comment (0)

Consumer Alert: Dothan Kia resorts to unscrupulous tactics to sell overpriced vehicle to elderly man. On Friday, September 16, 2016, Dothan Kia sold my 85-year-old grandfather, a used SUV for up to $10,000 above its value and financed it at more than 12% over five years. I believe the tactics used by the dealership are unscrupulous, deceptive and highly questionable, and that the sales staff took advantage of an elderly man.

The sales price of the Kia Sorento was $23,239. CarMax values a comparable Sorento at $13,340. NADA has an average clean retail price at $16,000 My grandfather was overcharged between $7,000 and $10,000. After accepting his 2006 Kia Sportage as a trade-in, the dealership also asked my grandfather to put $5,660 down in cash, which he did. The dealership even wrote out his check for him and had him sign it. The total financed by Dothan Kia is $28,247 at 12.29% over 60 months, or five years. He’ll have to pay more than $28,000 for a vehicle that’s worth $16,000 at best. Both the sale price and the amount of interest charged are simply outrageous.

Because my grandfather signed the paperwork, Dothan Kia says it’s perfectly legal. But that doesn’t make it right. I believe the dealership took advantage of an elderly man for its own inflated profit. Please consider yourself warned: Dothan Kia will resort to underhanded tactics and take advantage of the elderly to make a highly-profitable sale.

Comment (0)

I own a 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid bought new in 2013. My complaint is with the front spoiler (air dam?) The spoiler has bee replaced 4 times at my expense.There is really no fasteners to secure the product in place. I find this to be a default in manufacturing and should be replaced under warranty. After 2012 I noticed Kia did away with the spoiler, could you have seen a defect with the 2012? Any help will be appreciated.

Comment (0)

I have a 2013 Kia Optima EX, It has 39,000 miles, my wife was driving the car with two of our children in the car and was involved in an accident. She rear ended a SUV going from 30 to 35 mph. There was severe damage to the cars front in, $8100 to be exact, pushing the bumper and support beam through the radiator and pushing the hood back and destroying the front end of the car. My complaint is that the airbags did not deploy and my wife's seat belt did not engage. I have filed a complaint with the national consumer affairs, Kia will not address the issue with me and I have no reasonable assurance the airbags or seat belts will work if the car is in another accident.

Comment (0)

My Kia Sportage only has about 80,000 miles and the 3rd set of brakes, the original set, second set put on by the dealership, third set we paid for out of pocket. The center dome light that regulates enter & exit lighting has not worked for 4 years. The radio & CD does not work. We have tried to get a third key made about 2 years ago & nobody can make a duplicate key, even the dealership. The dealership said we would have to install a new ignition, At our expanse. Now it has come up I cannot get my key out of the ignition. We have had nothing but trouble with this Optima after about 1yr after we bought it new. I have now been able to steer 3 potential buyers away from buying a Kia. I will continue to do so until i can get some honest help.

Comment (0)

I recently purchased a brand new KIA Optima T GDi 2.0 from one of your retails in Sharjah, UAE. Not a week has gone by and less than 1000 miles driven; the service team has already advised of a critical part replacement to be made to the steering box (rack and pinion arrangement to be precise). Within just a day after purchase the car's telescopic cover went missing due to a loose fixture and now this. I'm quite concerned if this is a pattern and god knows how many such encounters will I have to face in future.

As unfortunate as that may sound to your company, It is a very serious matter to me and I would like to understand what went wrong and why and how these kind of inconsistencies went unnoticed prior to delivery (It's an absolutely new car for crying out loud!!).

Ever since the time of purchase I have spent more hours at the service center than experiencing the pleasure the car is actually meant to provide. I'm completely dismayed at what has happened so far and would like to get a detailed overview of the quality testing procedures followed by KIA motors. Being a KIA fanatic (Note: this is my second personal car), I'm underwhelmed at the quality of product delivered to me this time around. I cannot even begin to comprehend how a faulty product could have compromised with my life safety. I demand a prompt response from KIA in this regards. I don't think I need to provide KIA with a summary of what are the disadvantages of driving a car with a faulty steering box? or do I?

As I'm sure you can appreciate, I rely on my car for transport and this is causing major inconvenience and disrupting my day to day life. I look forward to a satisfactory response at the earliest. I sincerely hope you take this email very seriously.

Comment (0)

I purchased a lease on a new 2017 Kia Forte at the new dealership in Carson, California on August 18th 2016. I received a call from the financial manager Pedro on August 21st 2016 stating that I had to bring the car back in to the Kia dealership in Carson, California ASAP.

The reason was that he forgot to submit my application with finance for a loan approval. They submitted it two days after I've been driving my car around and showing it off to friends and family. He said the loan was denied and to bring back the car ASAP. What kind of service it this? What kind of financial derive representatives does this dealership have working for Kia in Carson? I am so disappointed in this dealership.

Two days later they call me to tell me I was denied a car loan after I've been driving it around. I'm so disappointed in there finance department. I ended up going to Honda in Torrance, California and got approved for a 2017 Honda Civic. Thank you! Danny, Honda sales representative!

Comment (0)

Scott Kia promised that I would be able to download Apple CarPlay on my vehicle if I purchased a 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid. I bought this car on May 9, 2015 and is is a year later, no CarPlay. And they offered to change the radio. They backed out. They offered to put me into a new car to fix the problem. The fix would be a 2016 Kia but, it would make me pay an additional $102.00 per moth. This is unacceptable.

Comment (0)

I purchased a 2009 Kia Rio. I had an accident that totaled my car. The airbags did not deploy! Many expressed surprise that they did not, given the extent of the damage. An explanation of why they did not would be appreciated!

Comment (0)

Overall customer service is bad to begin with. I think a lot of these are independently owned so you're getting variables from each one in regards to issues. And loaner cars are another biggie some charge some don't. We have a 2016 Kia Sorento that was having problems, upon acceleration the vehicle would start to cut out and would not accelerate basically it was nothing there. And the check engine light was on very low miles under warranty and we took it into one dealership and they said they plugged it into the computerized system on board and found the history code reset it and the mechanic drove it and said it's fine now and after we got it within less than 24 hours the same problems were occurring and we contacted them and they had no records as of yet even in their system as far as what had been done.

Something to the point of not having their paperwork yet sent over to put into the computer system? So I had to describe to her what was going on and then she said sorry will bring it back in which was way out of our way to begin with. So we are going to another Kia dealership to try to have it resolved. And if we want a loaner car we will have to pay for it even though supposedly this is under warranty and you should get a loaner car complimentary but some places do not allow that at all. Or some of them have a miles cap and if you exceed that then you have to pay on top of that. Just poor customer service overall. I told this lady I'd like to talk to the head manager and I got hung up on so not going to that place anymore.

Comment (0)

Internet ad states 0% finance on 2016 Sedona-all trims up to 66 months. After test drive of vehicle at Stevenson Kia of Wilmington North Carolina was told this vehicle was not included. Upon inquiry another exact same trim but more expensive model was available for 0% and I was told by sales manager that my test drive vehicle is exempt since Kia home office told them to list it as a test drive and it would no longer be available at 0%. This vehicle was on lot for awhile and had only 31 miles, guess I am the only one to test drive it.

This is a bait and switch, I have copies of all internet screens showing this vehicle listed 0%. I am filing a complaint here and with the NC Consumer Protection Agency. It also took 3 phone calls to get anyone at customer service 1-800-333-4542 to have an address of their employers headquarters. Wow this company needs some legal training and people skills training! Don't expect any assistance from this venue but posted to warn others.

Comment (0)

I have a 2008 Kia Sportage since I had it nothing but problems. Replaced heater core, transistor and now a fan motor. Low millage on it and seems when I talked to a kia department manager he stated I am the only one who has major problems like this. Do you stand behind your product even after it is 8 years old I don't think so. I called today on 7/13/16 and got blown off by the person I talked to. I can't remember her name but I know she had a bad attitude.

Comment (0)

Horrible service as I am paying the finance house for central locking that was never fitted on my car, every time I call to ask about it i am told stories all the time.

Comment (0)

2014 Kia forte bought used last year with about 40,000 miles. Now has about 65,000. Broken timing belt while on vacation, possible engine damage and had to tow it back home for repairs. A two year old car that breaks a timing belt is just complete junk. And of course the 2nd owner only gets 5 years 60,000 warranty. So, kia's crap cars break down just after the warranty expires and we're stuck with this damn worthless thing.

Comment (0)

Bought a 2015 Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel on 11/2/2016 clutch making a whirring noise as you go through the gears from stop position each time the clutch is pressed. Kia fitted new clutch 2/6/2016 noise still their. After fitting new clutch and all the wasted time.

Kia now saying that's the way the clutch works and sounds.Drove a 2013 Kia Sportage last week same speck all was fine no noise from clutch. KIA have changed something from 2013 and 2015 but are in denial. I drove another 1.7 diesel 2015 model this week the clutch sounded exactly the same as mine. Maybe KIA need to have another look.

Comment (0)

I bought my 2015 Optima February 2016 new, I've had it in the shop 3 times for front seat heaters not working. The first 2 times no heat and worked on connections, the 3rd time they replaced the passenger side heating both back and seat.

BOTH front seats only get to 90° f. On both low and high setting. I was told this is what their suppose to be no higher. After riding in other cars there is NO comparison and this is not right as I hardly feel anything. I had a mechanic look up the schematic for the Kia Optima seats and what the temperatures were supposed to be. 115°f+. I purchased this car with heated seats due to medical issues and needed the warmth of the seat for longer periods of time and this is very disappointing.

Also the car has very bad drift on long hauls at highway speed which makes for excessive steering. By the time I drive 6 + hrs fighting keeping the car straight it's tiring. It handles fine on short local trips at lower speeds. The KIA dealer "locked" my steering in "sport mode" but said they can't do anything if it doesn't do it for them and the can't possibly drive it to duplicate the problem.

Comment (0)

I had my Kia Optima SX serviced , Oil Changed on Monday 6/20/2016. I wanted service record sent to me by David the service tech. It seems the service dept. really is not there for the customer. I like to keep a record of my cars service but I forgot to pick up my service report and it seem your company will not send me my service report. I will not be back to Camelback Kia, I have asked for the service report 3 or 4 times and get no reply!

Comment (0)

My VIN # IS KNAGM4AD6F5078951. I got a 2015 kia optima in april of 2015. This year in march my car was having problems, there was an error message which read "check hybrid system,turn off engine" The car was breaking by itself, and it wouldn't let me accelerate full speed. I got it towed and fixed under warranty, 2 months later, which is now the same problem is occurring. The car has been in the shop since may 31st and they said it wont be ready until June 24th, 2016.

It will be almost a month without my car or a loaner car because they said they didn't have any available. When I called kia cooperate, costumer service was very rude, No one is understanding that I have barely had the car a year and it has broken down twice already. It has caused a huge inconvenience for me. I don't feel safe driving the car because it breaks by itself randomly, and I cant drive full speed. I just want this to be looked into further because I know its not normal. The downtown kia branch and the cooperate office is not understanding from my point of view, they just keep telling the car will be fixed because its under warranty. My issue is, the car stops in the middle of the road and my life is in danger. How many times will I have to take the car to be fixed even if it is under warranty, I shouldn't have to go through this. I am paying for a car that I am afraid to drive.

Comment (0)

I am overwhelmingly impressed by the impeccable performance I'm experiencing from 2010 Kia Forte purchased new with 17 miles. Have driven almost 160,000 long hard miles. Locked keys in car while running. Four hours before unlocked. Got in car after unlocked, drove 92 miles to OIA. Week later made 6 trips to Orlando. No major problems or repairs. Maintenance: Tires, oil change, brakes, headlights AC compressor went bad 2014, makes noise but still have cold air.

Comment (0)

In March 2016 I purchased a 2016 Sportage turning in a 2014 Optima. They looked at the car and said I needed tires my lease was up in May 2016 so they told me they would not charger me for the tires in the new purchase. Then I receive a bill for them. I went back to the dealer and confronted Mr. Cho who sold me the Sportage. He denies ever saying anything about this. The dealership is In West Seneca NY on Transit Rd. The man lied to my face and of course the Manager who had to authorize the sale also lied. So this is how you do business. Say anything to get a sale.

Comment (0)

I bought a used 2005 Kia Spectra from Round Rock Kia. In the 8 months I've had it, I've had to have leave it in the shop to have major repairs done more than 5 times, and counting. I get it out and two weeks later, it is having more issues. It has cost me thousands of dollars, and when I reach out to the General Manager through either a phone call or email, he refuses to reply. I think this is awful customer service and Kia should be the last place one should go when purchasing a vehicle!

Comment (0)

Brought son a 2013 sorento, had good tags on trade in and transferred the tags to the Sorento. Weeks later received a bill from DMV for new tags. Went to Dealership and asked why. The office person accidentally ordered new tags instead of transferring the tags we already had. Why should we be expected to pay the bill when your company Made the mistake? The Manager said he couldn't do anything because the office person was off. The paperwork and the salesman agreed that it was the Business fault. I again have to go and talk to a office person next week when he returns to work when the manager was there and did nothing to help.

Comment (0)

I purchased my 4th Kia, just made my first payment this past Friday. But 2 weeks ago I had to take it back because of no heat. They could not find anything wrong. I was told if the problem happens again bring it back. Before I could bring it back because of the same problem I was on my way home from work May 19, 20016 and the car stopped on the express way. I got it to the side of the road and called for a tow. Took it back to Kia in Evergreen Kia and was told that I couldn't get another car nor could I get a loner nor I couldn't get a rental.

I couldn't get anything from them. I have never experienced such unfriendliness nor I don't care attitude from Kia. I will never refer another person to Kia nor will I ever buy another car from Kia. I was treated with no respect nor regard as to how was I going to get home or to work that night. I have been a loyal customer for years, and this is how your loyal customers are treated. I know another dealership would love to have my business. I will not be doing business with your company anymore.

Comment (0)

My first new car purchase feels like a disaster. I had a tire blowout on me at 1:30 in the morning on a dark highway due no puncture. The tire shop that I took it too informed me that the tire itself seemed to have been defective. I was told that I was going to have access to KIA roadside assistance and when I called them for help I got everything but that. I explained to the rep that myself and a 6 year old child was in the vehicle and that we did not feel safe being on side of the interstate. I explained to the Rep that not only was the situation dangerous but I was also very scared being that I am a female on a dark unsafe highway. I was informed by roadside assistance that they could not send a tow truck to come get me out of that situation because the KIA dealership was closed.

I feel like the car could have been towed to the dealership until they opened up and I would have gone to a hotel until KIA opened. It was senseless and careless to keep someone in a dangerous situation due to the dealership being closed. Thank God for sheriff who came and assisted me with finding a used tired (that I ended up paying $128 for) I don't have extra money to spend like that. I didn't make it home until 5am that morning. I went to the KIA dealership in Union City, GA and was treated like a liar about the tire situation my a guy in the service department.

The manager was very nice however. I was requesting a refund for the money that had to be spent and I was informed that nothing would be reimbursed. I ended up getting a new tire from KIA but ended up waisting $128. That could have been used towards my car payment or towards my remaining deposit. Dealing with Kia has been a nightmare. I'm about 23 days into my contract and I'm thinking about returning the car. I love my car but the customer service is unbearable.

Comment (0)

I have a 2013 Kia Sportage which was purchased at Cochran Dealership in Robinson Township, Pa. The car at times will not start unless I hit the gear shift with my hand and then sometimes it takes a few hits to make the car start. I've taken it to the dealership 2 weeks ago and they could not find anything wrong, of course the car started. I am stopping there today to try again so this problem can be corrected. I am very disappointed in this car and will never buy another Kia. I need my car to start when I turn the key.

Comment (0)

The handle to my door broke and I took it in and the fixed it under warranty. The next month the other one broke you could not open the door from the outside. The Kia dealership said it would cost $487.00 to get it fixed. My car just reached 85,000 miles and now the airbag light came on and it was not in any kind of accident or fender bender. The dealership is saying I have to pay to have the problem diagnoised and then pay for getting the airbag fixed. I was a loyal customer until all these extra charges. Can you please issued me a certificate or voucher to get the airbag fixed at the local dealership in Rocky Mount. It appears that little things are now happening that is costing hundreds of dollars.

Comment (0)

Took my 2014 kia soul to peoria kia for an oil change and recall notice. Was waiting for my car and I inquired about two dents that I wanted fixed. I have the platinum coverage and was told any thing I wanted done pay 100.00 dollars and it would be fixed. Jay Morgan then stepped in and said that wascfor tires and rims only. I had no intentions of keeping the factory rims and I didn't. So that statement is not right. He was not there last year when I purchased my car. I fold him I will go home and look at my papers, he got mad and said he remembers me earnhart kia and called me a drunk. I told him thats a very bad think to do to any customer and get my car now. Thats5what you have employed.

Comment (0)

Me and my wife and son went to the Kia Guelph Ontario showroom to see cars in view to buy one. The finance manager, John French came to "serve" us. When he shook hands with me, his looks were filled with hate. Honestly, you can feel the hatred vibes sprouting out of his body, eyes and every thing in the man. It is clear that the man is a racist to the bone, especially towards Arabs. I proceeded to ask him a few questions which he answered in a "get it over with" manner. I asked him about the price of the rondo, he answered me do you want to trade your car, I said yes, he repeated the question again.

He did this for at least 4 times, when I told him, I can get the price online anyway, but I want to hear it from him, because so far he has not been a great help, when i fact he was the worst customer experience I've ever had in my whole life. His reaction was appalling, he got nasty and he said why am I being rude to him, he's a manager and me and my family have to leave. I complained online and a phone call from James Britton, customer experience manager, Kia Canada saying that it's nothing to do with Kia Canada, it's the local dealer who run their business and asked me if it's OK to give my contact details to Steve Leech, general manager, Kia Guelph to discuss matter with me.

Then I had a call from him that ended up in a catastrophe because he was partial to his racist employee. I warned Kia Canada that if the matter wasn't solved satisfactorily for me, I will spread it to Kia Middle East and Kia Head office in Seoul-South Korea. I need Kia Canada CEO to know what an awful treatment prospective Kia clients are being dished out at them with incompetent, racist dealers who sadly represent an well known international brand like KIA.

Comment (0)

Had problems with my 2007 Kia Amanti not starting. I was on vacation in Southern Wisconsin and went to a dealer to find out what was wrong. It cost roughly $100 for them to tell me that my car had a faulty Smart Transponder Antenna and it would be about $450 to fix it. They would have to order the part and it would take 2 days to get there. I had to leave to come back home. The closest Kia dealer is about one and half hours away from me. I called to see if they could order the part and I could save a trip there. The guy told me that if they got the part and put it on and it did not fix the car that I would have to pay for it anyway.

So, it appears that I will have to drive an hour and a half to go and pay another $100 to have it checked out again. Then come back home and wait until the part comes in. Drive another hour and a half and get the car repaired. I do not think this is right. If I took the car to a licensed Kia dealer to start with, they should accept that diagnosis at a different dealer. I could understand if I took it Joe the Mechanic down the street. But, it was a Kia dealer!! I have bought five new cars from Kia. This will obviously be my last one. Will go where the dealer and service are closer to me and can work together to get an issue resolved. I really think this is ridiculous.

Comment (0)

I have a 2011 Kia Optima. I purchased this car new from Bruce Walters, Pikeville, KY. Today I was on my way home from school and hit something on the road which caused my tire to lose pressure and go flat. I didn't know what to do but a nice gentleman stopped to help me. We started looking for the spare and the jack but could not find it. I called Bruce Walters and their response to me was this car does not have a spare. I couldn't believe this. They did not try to help me at all. The nice gentlemen took my tire off for me and took it and got me a new tire and put it on for me. My concern is about not having a spare and circumstances were different. I often travel alone or with my 7 year old grand daughter and I can't afford to be stranded with no spare. This will keep me from buying another Kia. I never knew the car did not have a spare. Even cheaper automobiles have a spare.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to get a release from so I can go to the dmv and get the title to my car. I called the 1st of march and they said it w as s mailed Feb 17 which I did not receive. So they would mail me another it will take 7 to 10 days. I called the 18 of march talked to a sup. And the best they could do is mail me another taking 7 to 10 days and you all call this good customer service be late on a payment and see what happens.

Comment (0)

I took my car to have it serviced and they told me all these things were wrong with it and quoted me 3300.00 to have it fixed. I told them I couldn't afford that and we got repairs down to 1,175.00 is what my final cost was so picked up my car drove it out of town next. When I reached my destination car broke down wouldn't moved called Kia talked the service manager they told me to have it towed and take it to shop.

They paid for all the repairs and towing so next day I called to see if my car was fixed well the one guy said he needed the ok to fix car from Kia place. So I called Kia and he said he needed an invoice from other place to know if they would pay for it. I got a little upset cause I was out of town and out a car so I stated to the man I need you guys to get on the same page because I need my car back and then the manager from the Kia place whom I was talking with told me if I didn't stop barking orders at him he wasn't gonna pay for nothing cause it was not there fault.

I said excuse me I just paid over 1000.00 to have my car fixed so if it's not your fault who's was it needless to say it was just arguing back and forth and it was ridiculous they fixed my breaks on my car and and when they put them back together they said they put the old bolt back on and it must have broken so if I just paid over 1000.00 to fix my car shouldn't they have at least given me the option to purchase a new bolt seeings.

I live in the mountains and the bolt broke and the caliper came off and wedged itself into the rim so when they tell me it's not there responsibility to pay to fix it because I was just a little upset when speaking with him I think is not very professional and it really makes Kia look bad because once I found out how serious of a situation I was in when the bolt broke. I could have died or been in a very serious accident all because they couldn't replace an old bolt or even tell me I need a new one. Even the other repair shop that still has my car til this day 3/9/16 said I was very lucky and that angels must have been with me that day.

Oh and I have pictures and I have statement s from the service department on what they saw it was a very poor job and for what Kia was charging me they were shocked anyways. I feel like Kia should have God at the least apologize or reimbursed some money or offered a free oil change or something but I got nothing from them and my car has been out now for 1 week that I have been without my car.

Comment (6)

My 2013 has 54,000 miles. The Agree buttom on the Navigation Package works intermittently. When on a trip, if it decides to work and then I have to stop the car for gas,the system will shut down and then the Agree button will not work. At my last service I was told the technician tweaked it but on my way home it did not work. I was told I would need a whole new navigation system at the cost of $800. This is impossible for me to do. Can this Agree buttom just be shut off?

Comment (0)

I have a 2014 Kia Sorento sitting in my driveway because I am unable to have it repaired. As it happens the engine pretty much destroyed itself because of bad engineering. The crank sprocket is held in place by a roll pin and then a bolt to the crankshaft torqued to 150 lbs. If the roll pin breaks (and it does) it will spin the sprocket and break the bolt, end of engine.

Comment (0)

I bought Kia-Rio four months back from Juma Al Majid-Sharjah UAE 2015 Model. I meet with an accident on 16/01/2016 and got approval for repair from insurance company on 26/01/2016.Since then my car is in agency and they are saying that they have ordered for spare parts from korea and expected to come mid of Feb. Such a long time they are taking to repair and I am facing problem to travel. pls do something to expedite the repair works.

Comment (0)

I don't have a problem with driving a Kia I have a problem with the customer service at Big Red Sports and Imports in Norman OK. I was initially told by the sales person that I couldn't apply for a used vehicle since I didn't have a down payment, nor could I apply for a Kia Soul because it had no rebates. However I did have a trade in and was told I didn't have enough equity in it. So I was presented with a 2016 Kia Optima that had a "big rebate" I applied for this vehicle and left the lot with it, just to have to return 5 times to resign papers, present a co signer, provide proof of residence twice, and ultimately returned to the lot to "reapply". By the way I probably could have driven this vehicle for several months if I didn't need to tag it, as I'm the one that called Big Red and told them I haven't received a payment book nor a title.

I spoke to several people on my first phone encounter with no answers and a promise of a return call later the same day. Needless to say I called them multiple times the same week and one finance person was the only one that called me back within a ten minute delay and information stating "everything looks good we just need you to come in and resign papers" I made arrangements to go in and was told I had " 2 options: to reapply for financing or go on how I was before". I asked why the need for reapplying when I was told to come sign papers, the finance person says "you didn't turn in proof of residence or it was denied". Please note we gave POR initially and twice after. Overall Ive returned the vehicle very dissatisfied with Big Red!

Comment (4)

I have a 2015 Kia Optima the motor in the car have went out and the dealership want say that the warranty want cover it. How can a engine go out in a 2015 just a year old. Did not start acting up after the oil change. $7000 to replace the engine money we don't have right now. I am upset with Kia this is our second Kia and I don't know if we would invest in another Kia.

Comment (12)

I am a customer of your KIA in Thailand. I would like to pass you a story about after sales service which I am experiencing in Thailand. I did try to ask for any person that I can talk to in Thailand, but everyone just tried to block me out. Therefore, I think may be you can help me with this. My company, Gravure art centre, Co.,Ltd. Bought a KIA Carnival in May 2015, from Yontrakit Auto Center ( Thiamruammit Rd ). The warrantee condition was 5 years, or 150,000 km. End of November 2015, after 1 year and 7 months, at 58,743 km. The car suddenly had problem with the transmission.

I was driving at around 100 km/hr. and then suddenly the speed dropped to 30-40 km/hr. Then on December 02, 2015 I took the car slowly to the garage ( Yontrakit, Thiamruammit ). After 2 weeks, I called the service administration man, and the man told me that the claim procedure was under the process, and I will get a whole piece of brand news transmission set.

Then around Christmas 2015, I called again, talked to the same guy and he told me that now waiting for the transmission unit from Korea. Then on January 08, 2016, I followed up again with the same man. Then the man said that the transmission will be disassembled and see what went wrong. Then I asked about new transmission from Korea, and the guy said that he had no idea and it was not his decision. I also asked him to give me a rough idea of when I will have the car back, but he couldn’t give me anything.

Today,18-01-2016, I checked again , but with another guy, and he told me that my KIA is still on waiting list. I asked him for the meaning of waiting list. He told me that It means there was no one look at the problem yet. Then I asked for any email for any responsible person whom I can talk with, but the man just said to me that he had no idea about it and he said that he just doing his job.

Please, can you help me with this? Or please transfer my complaint to the person in charge of my complaint. Please kindly understand, this is the first time that we bought KIA for a company car and this problem clearly caused by some kind of defect from manufacturing. The car had a services according to what recommended by the user manual. Now we the company has to rent a car for temporary replace this KIA and it is an expensive expenses too.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know a story from your customer in Thailand and I am sure, I am not the only one, because the man whom I talk to today said that many cars are still on the waiting list and long time waiting already.

I am sure this kind of practice would never came from KIA’s Head Quarter policy and I have no intention to bring this issue to any media in Thailand to spread out the unprecedented experienced which I now gained by using your KIA. If you can get someone to talk to this company in Thailand and get my KIA fixed as soon as possible under a “ 5 years warrantee” term. Then I would be delighted to continue to use the car, but the company will no longer consider another KIA for any company executive, for sure.

Comment (0)

My concern is my Kia Cadenza is horrible in snow. I thought it was just my driving so I had my son and son in law drive it with less than 2 inches of snow. They agree with me. I'm driving a big sled. Any suggestions. And has this been reported to your company. Seriously considering trading it in. Help me.

Comment (0)

My car would not start. It was towed to Nemet Motors in Jamaica. The alternator was not working and therefore there was no juice going to the battery. Nemet said they had to put in a new battery in order to fix the problem. The alternator was fixed however they +charged $186 for the battery and I had to pay it in order to get my car back. I do not think that I should have to pay for the battery as the problem was the alternator and that is why the battery was dead. We tried to resolve this with Nemet (the worst dealer) and also with your customer service dept. to no avail. please advise as soon as possible.

Browse reviews of other Cars