Customer Service Rating
2.09 out of 5 Stars
Based on 139 Votes

Kia Complaints

send your feedback directly to the corporate office

Welcome to the Kia company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Kia online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Kia corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Kia makes popular car and SUV models such as the Optima, Sportage, and Sorrento. There have been thousands of consumer reviews filed about various problems with these cars. The most common issues are releated to mechanical failures, deceptice sales practices, short-term leases, and about the warranty. Kia corporate keeps standard business hours of operation, even though they are based in Japan.

Kia Contact Information

phone number, email address, and business hours
  • Corporate offices

• P.O. Box 52410 Irvine, CA 92619-2410

• Phone number

1 (800) 333-4542

A-
  • Hours of operation

8am-5pm PST

Top 139 Kia Customer Service Reviews

Is Kia ripping you off? File your complaint here first!

Internet ad states 0% finance on 2016 Sedona-all trims up to 66 months. After test drive of vehicle at Stevenson Kia of Wilmington North Carolina was told this vehicle was not included. Upon inquiry another exact same trim but more expensive model was available for 0% and I was told by sales manager that my test drive vehicle is exempt since Kia home office told them to list it as a test drive and it would no longer be available at 0%. This vehicle was on lot for awhile and had only 31 miles, guess I am the only one to test drive it.

This is a bait and switch, I have copies of all internet screens showing this vehicle listed 0%. I am filing a complaint here and with the NC Consumer Protection Agency. It also took 3 phone calls to get anyone at customer service 1-800-333-4542 to have an address of their employers headquarters. Wow this company needs some legal training and people skills training! Don't expect any assistance from this venue but posted to warn others.

Comment (0)

I have a 2008 Kia Sportage since I had it nothing but problems. Replaced heater core, transistor and now a fan motor. Low millage on it and seems when I talked to a kia department manager he stated I am the only one who has major problems like this. Do you stand behind your product even after it is 8 years old I don't think so. I called today on 7/13/16 and got blown off by the person I talked to. I can't remember her name but I know she had a bad attitude.

Comment (0)

Horrible service as I am paying the finance house for central locking that was never fitted on my car, every time I call to ask about it i am told stories all the time.

Comment (0)

2014 Kia forte bought used last year with about 40,000 miles. Now has about 65,000. Broken timing belt while on vacation, possible engine damage and had to tow it back home for repairs. A two year old car that breaks a timing belt is just complete junk. And of course the 2nd owner only gets 5 years 60,000 warranty. So, kia's crap cars break down just after the warranty expires and we're stuck with this damn worthless thing.

Comment (0)

Bought a 2015 Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel on 11/2/2016 clutch making a whirring noise as you go through the gears from stop position each time the clutch is pressed. Kia fitted new clutch 2/6/2016 noise still their. After fitting new clutch and all the wasted time.

Kia now saying that's the way the clutch works and sounds.Drove a 2013 Kia Sportage last week same speck all was fine no noise from clutch. KIA have changed something from 2013 and 2015 but are in denial. I drove another 1.7 diesel 2015 model this week the clutch sounded exactly the same as mine. Maybe KIA need to have another look.

Comment (0)

I bought my 2015 Optima February 2016 new, I've had it in the shop 3 times for front seat heaters not working. The first 2 times no heat and worked on connections, the 3rd time they replaced the passenger side heating both back and seat.

BOTH front seats only get to 90° f. On both low and high setting. I was told this is what their suppose to be no higher. After riding in other cars there is NO comparison and this is not right as I hardly feel anything. I had a mechanic look up the schematic for the Kia Optima seats and what the temperatures were supposed to be. 115°f+. I purchased this car with heated seats due to medical issues and needed the warmth of the seat for longer periods of time and this is very disappointing.

Also the car has very bad drift on long hauls at highway speed which makes for excessive steering. By the time I drive 6 + hrs fighting keeping the car straight it's tiring. It handles fine on short local trips at lower speeds. The KIA dealer "locked" my steering in "sport mode" but said they can't do anything if it doesn't do it for them and the can't possibly drive it to duplicate the problem.

Comment (0)

I had my Kia Optima SX serviced , Oil Changed on Monday 6/20/2016. I wanted service record sent to me by David the service tech. It seems the service dept. really is not there for the customer. I like to keep a record of my cars service but I forgot to pick up my service report and it seem your company will not send me my service report. I will not be back to Camelback Kia, I have asked for the service report 3 or 4 times and get no reply!

Comment (0)

My VIN # IS KNAGM4AD6F5078951. I got a 2015 kia optima in april of 2015. This year in march my car was having problems, there was an error message which read "check hybrid system,turn off engine" The car was breaking by itself, and it wouldn't let me accelerate full speed. I got it towed and fixed under warranty, 2 months later, which is now the same problem is occurring. The car has been in the shop since may 31st and they said it wont be ready until June 24th, 2016.

It will be almost a month without my car or a loaner car because they said they didn't have any available. When I called kia cooperate, costumer service was very rude, No one is understanding that I have barely had the car a year and it has broken down twice already. It has caused a huge inconvenience for me. I don't feel safe driving the car because it breaks by itself randomly, and I cant drive full speed. I just want this to be looked into further because I know its not normal. The downtown kia branch and the cooperate office is not understanding from my point of view, they just keep telling the car will be fixed because its under warranty. My issue is, the car stops in the middle of the road and my life is in danger. How many times will I have to take the car to be fixed even if it is under warranty, I shouldn't have to go through this. I am paying for a car that I am afraid to drive.

Comment (0)

I am overwhelmingly impressed by the impeccable performance I'm experiencing from 2010 Kia Forte purchased new with 17 miles. Have driven almost 160,000 long hard miles. Locked keys in car while running. Four hours before unlocked. Got in car after unlocked, drove 92 miles to OIA. Week later made 6 trips to Orlando. No major problems or repairs. Maintenance: Tires, oil change, brakes, headlights AC compressor went bad 2014, makes noise but still have cold air.

Comment (0)

In March 2016 I purchased a 2016 Sportage turning in a 2014 Optima. They looked at the car and said I needed tires my lease was up in May 2016 so they told me they would not charger me for the tires in the new purchase. Then I receive a bill for them. I went back to the dealer and confronted Mr. Cho who sold me the Sportage. He denies ever saying anything about this. The dealership is In West Seneca NY on Transit Rd. The man lied to my face and of course the Manager who had to authorize the sale also lied. So this is how you do business. Say anything to get a sale.

Comment (0)

I bought a used 2005 Kia Spectra from Round Rock Kia. In the 8 months I've had it, I've had to have leave it in the shop to have major repairs done more than 5 times, and counting. I get it out and two weeks later, it is having more issues. It has cost me thousands of dollars, and when I reach out to the General Manager through either a phone call or email, he refuses to reply. I think this is awful customer service and Kia should be the last place one should go when purchasing a vehicle!

Comment (0)

Brought son a 2013 sorento, had good tags on trade in and transferred the tags to the Sorento. Weeks later received a bill from DMV for new tags. Went to Dealership and asked why. The office person accidentally ordered new tags instead of transferring the tags we already had. Why should we be expected to pay the bill when your company Made the mistake? The Manager said he couldn't do anything because the office person was off. The paperwork and the salesman agreed that it was the Business fault. I again have to go and talk to a office person next week when he returns to work when the manager was there and did nothing to help.

Comment (0)

I purchased my 4th Kia, just made my first payment this past Friday. But 2 weeks ago I had to take it back because of no heat. They could not find anything wrong. I was told if the problem happens again bring it back. Before I could bring it back because of the same problem I was on my way home from work May 19, 20016 and the car stopped on the express way. I got it to the side of the road and called for a tow. Took it back to Kia in Evergreen Kia and was told that I couldn't get another car nor could I get a loner nor I couldn't get a rental.

I couldn't get anything from them. I have never experienced such unfriendliness nor I don't care attitude from Kia. I will never refer another person to Kia nor will I ever buy another car from Kia. I was treated with no respect nor regard as to how was I going to get home or to work that night. I have been a loyal customer for years, and this is how your loyal customers are treated. I know another dealership would love to have my business. I will not be doing business with your company anymore.

Comment (0)

My first new car purchase feels like a disaster. I had a tire blowout on me at 1:30 in the morning on a dark highway due no puncture. The tire shop that I took it too informed me that the tire itself seemed to have been defective. I was told that I was going to have access to KIA roadside assistance and when I called them for help I got everything but that. I explained to the rep that myself and a 6 year old child was in the vehicle and that we did not feel safe being on side of the interstate. I explained to the Rep that not only was the situation dangerous but I was also very scared being that I am a female on a dark unsafe highway. I was informed by roadside assistance that they could not send a tow truck to come get me out of that situation because the KIA dealership was closed.

I feel like the car could have been towed to the dealership until they opened up and I would have gone to a hotel until KIA opened. It was senseless and careless to keep someone in a dangerous situation due to the dealership being closed. Thank God for sheriff who came and assisted me with finding a used tired (that I ended up paying $128 for) I don't have extra money to spend like that. I didn't make it home until 5am that morning. I went to the KIA dealership in Union City, GA and was treated like a liar about the tire situation my a guy in the service department.

The manager was very nice however. I was requesting a refund for the money that had to be spent and I was informed that nothing would be reimbursed. I ended up getting a new tire from KIA but ended up waisting $128. That could have been used towards my car payment or towards my remaining deposit. Dealing with Kia has been a nightmare. I'm about 23 days into my contract and I'm thinking about returning the car. I love my car but the customer service is unbearable.

Comment (0)

I have a 2013 Kia Sportage which was purchased at Cochran Dealership in Robinson Township, Pa. The car at times will not start unless I hit the gear shift with my hand and then sometimes it takes a few hits to make the car start. I've taken it to the dealership 2 weeks ago and they could not find anything wrong, of course the car started. I am stopping there today to try again so this problem can be corrected. I am very disappointed in this car and will never buy another Kia. I need my car to start when I turn the key.

Comment (0)

The handle to my door broke and I took it in and the fixed it under warranty. The next month the other one broke you could not open the door from the outside. The Kia dealership said it would cost $487.00 to get it fixed. My car just reached 85,000 miles and now the airbag light came on and it was not in any kind of accident or fender bender. The dealership is saying I have to pay to have the problem diagnoised and then pay for getting the airbag fixed. I was a loyal customer until all these extra charges. Can you please issued me a certificate or voucher to get the airbag fixed at the local dealership in Rocky Mount. It appears that little things are now happening that is costing hundreds of dollars.

Comment (0)

Took my 2014 kia soul to peoria kia for an oil change and recall notice. Was waiting for my car and I inquired about two dents that I wanted fixed. I have the platinum coverage and was told any thing I wanted done pay 100.00 dollars and it would be fixed. Jay Morgan then stepped in and said that wascfor tires and rims only. I had no intentions of keeping the factory rims and I didn't. So that statement is not right. He was not there last year when I purchased my car. I fold him I will go home and look at my papers, he got mad and said he remembers me earnhart kia and called me a drunk. I told him thats a very bad think to do to any customer and get my car now. Thats5what you have employed.

Comment (0)

Me and my wife and son went to the Kia Guelph Ontario showroom to see cars in view to buy one. The finance manager, John French came to "serve" us. When he shook hands with me, his looks were filled with hate. Honestly, you can feel the hatred vibes sprouting out of his body, eyes and every thing in the man. It is clear that the man is a racist to the bone, especially towards Arabs. I proceeded to ask him a few questions which he answered in a "get it over with" manner. I asked him about the price of the rondo, he answered me do you want to trade your car, I said yes, he repeated the question again.

He did this for at least 4 times, when I told him, I can get the price online anyway, but I want to hear it from him, because so far he has not been a great help, when i fact he was the worst customer experience I've ever had in my whole life. His reaction was appalling, he got nasty and he said why am I being rude to him, he's a manager and me and my family have to leave. I complained online and a phone call from James Britton, customer experience manager, Kia Canada saying that it's nothing to do with Kia Canada, it's the local dealer who run their business and asked me if it's OK to give my contact details to Steve Leech, general manager, Kia Guelph to discuss matter with me.

Then I had a call from him that ended up in a catastrophe because he was partial to his racist employee. I warned Kia Canada that if the matter wasn't solved satisfactorily for me, I will spread it to Kia Middle East and Kia Head office in Seoul-South Korea. I need Kia Canada CEO to know what an awful treatment prospective Kia clients are being dished out at them with incompetent, racist dealers who sadly represent an well known international brand like KIA.

Comment (0)

Had problems with my 2007 Kia Amanti not starting. I was on vacation in Southern Wisconsin and went to a dealer to find out what was wrong. It cost roughly $100 for them to tell me that my car had a faulty Smart Transponder Antenna and it would be about $450 to fix it. They would have to order the part and it would take 2 days to get there. I had to leave to come back home. The closest Kia dealer is about one and half hours away from me. I called to see if they could order the part and I could save a trip there. The guy told me that if they got the part and put it on and it did not fix the car that I would have to pay for it anyway.

So, it appears that I will have to drive an hour and a half to go and pay another $100 to have it checked out again. Then come back home and wait until the part comes in. Drive another hour and a half and get the car repaired. I do not think this is right. If I took the car to a licensed Kia dealer to start with, they should accept that diagnosis at a different dealer. I could understand if I took it Joe the Mechanic down the street. But, it was a Kia dealer!! I have bought five new cars from Kia. This will obviously be my last one. Will go where the dealer and service are closer to me and can work together to get an issue resolved. I really think this is ridiculous.

Comment (0)

I have a 2011 Kia Optima. I purchased this car new from Bruce Walters, Pikeville, KY. Today I was on my way home from school and hit something on the road which caused my tire to lose pressure and go flat. I didn't know what to do but a nice gentleman stopped to help me. We started looking for the spare and the jack but could not find it. I called Bruce Walters and their response to me was this car does not have a spare. I couldn't believe this. They did not try to help me at all. The nice gentlemen took my tire off for me and took it and got me a new tire and put it on for me. My concern is about not having a spare and circumstances were different. I often travel alone or with my 7 year old grand daughter and I can't afford to be stranded with no spare. This will keep me from buying another Kia. I never knew the car did not have a spare. Even cheaper automobiles have a spare.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to get a release from so I can go to the dmv and get the title to my car. I called the 1st of march and they said it w as s mailed Feb 17 which I did not receive. So they would mail me another it will take 7 to 10 days. I called the 18 of march talked to a sup. And the best they could do is mail me another taking 7 to 10 days and you all call this good customer service be late on a payment and see what happens.

Comment (0)

I took my car to have it serviced and they told me all these things were wrong with it and quoted me 3300.00 to have it fixed. I told them I couldn't afford that and we got repairs down to 1,175.00 is what my final cost was so picked up my car drove it out of town next. When I reached my destination car broke down wouldn't moved called Kia talked the service manager they told me to have it towed and take it to shop.

They paid for all the repairs and towing so next day I called to see if my car was fixed well the one guy said he needed the ok to fix car from Kia place. So I called Kia and he said he needed an invoice from other place to know if they would pay for it. I got a little upset cause I was out of town and out a car so I stated to the man I need you guys to get on the same page because I need my car back and then the manager from the Kia place whom I was talking with told me if I didn't stop barking orders at him he wasn't gonna pay for nothing cause it was not there fault.

I said excuse me I just paid over 1000.00 to have my car fixed so if it's not your fault who's was it needless to say it was just arguing back and forth and it was ridiculous they fixed my breaks on my car and and when they put them back together they said they put the old bolt back on and it must have broken so if I just paid over 1000.00 to fix my car shouldn't they have at least given me the option to purchase a new bolt seeings.

I live in the mountains and the bolt broke and the caliper came off and wedged itself into the rim so when they tell me it's not there responsibility to pay to fix it because I was just a little upset when speaking with him I think is not very professional and it really makes Kia look bad because once I found out how serious of a situation I was in when the bolt broke. I could have died or been in a very serious accident all because they couldn't replace an old bolt or even tell me I need a new one. Even the other repair shop that still has my car til this day 3/9/16 said I was very lucky and that angels must have been with me that day.

Oh and I have pictures and I have statement s from the service department on what they saw it was a very poor job and for what Kia was charging me they were shocked anyways. I feel like Kia should have God at the least apologize or reimbursed some money or offered a free oil change or something but I got nothing from them and my car has been out now for 1 week that I have been without my car.

Comment (4)

My 2013 has 54,000 miles. The Agree buttom on the Navigation Package works intermittently. When on a trip, if it decides to work and then I have to stop the car for gas,the system will shut down and then the Agree button will not work. At my last service I was told the technician tweaked it but on my way home it did not work. I was told I would need a whole new navigation system at the cost of $800. This is impossible for me to do. Can this Agree buttom just be shut off?

Comment (0)

I have a 2014 Kia Sorento sitting in my driveway because I am unable to have it repaired. As it happens the engine pretty much destroyed itself because of bad engineering. The crank sprocket is held in place by a roll pin and then a bolt to the crankshaft torqued to 150 lbs. If the roll pin breaks (and it does) it will spin the sprocket and break the bolt, end of engine.

Comment (0)

I bought Kia-Rio four months back from Juma Al Majid-Sharjah UAE 2015 Model. I meet with an accident on 16/01/2016 and got approval for repair from insurance company on 26/01/2016.Since then my car is in agency and they are saying that they have ordered for spare parts from korea and expected to come mid of Feb. Such a long time they are taking to repair and I am facing problem to travel. pls do something to expedite the repair works.

Comment (0)

I don't have a problem with driving a Kia I have a problem with the customer service at Big Red Sports and Imports in Norman OK. I was initially told by the sales person that I couldn't apply for a used vehicle since I didn't have a down payment, nor could I apply for a Kia Soul because it had no rebates. However I did have a trade in and was told I didn't have enough equity in it. So I was presented with a 2016 Kia Optima that had a "big rebate" I applied for this vehicle and left the lot with it, just to have to return 5 times to resign papers, present a co signer, provide proof of residence twice, and ultimately returned to the lot to "reapply". By the way I probably could have driven this vehicle for several months if I didn't need to tag it, as I'm the one that called Big Red and told them I haven't received a payment book nor a title.

I spoke to several people on my first phone encounter with no answers and a promise of a return call later the same day. Needless to say I called them multiple times the same week and one finance person was the only one that called me back within a ten minute delay and information stating "everything looks good we just need you to come in and resign papers" I made arrangements to go in and was told I had " 2 options: to reapply for financing or go on how I was before". I asked why the need for reapplying when I was told to come sign papers, the finance person says "you didn't turn in proof of residence or it was denied". Please note we gave POR initially and twice after. Overall Ive returned the vehicle very dissatisfied with Big Red!

Comment (2)

I have a 2015 Kia Optima the motor in the car have went out and the dealership want say that the warranty want cover it. How can a engine go out in a 2015 just a year old. Did not start acting up after the oil change. $7000 to replace the engine money we don't have right now. I am upset with Kia this is our second Kia and I don't know if we would invest in another Kia.

Comment (8)

I am a customer of your KIA in Thailand. I would like to pass you a story about after sales service which I am experiencing in Thailand. I did try to ask for any person that I can talk to in Thailand, but everyone just tried to block me out. Therefore, I think may be you can help me with this. My company, Gravure art centre, Co.,Ltd. Bought a KIA Carnival in May 2015, from Yontrakit Auto Center ( Thiamruammit Rd ). The warrantee condition was 5 years, or 150,000 km. End of November 2015, after 1 year and 7 months, at 58,743 km. The car suddenly had problem with the transmission.

I was driving at around 100 km/hr. and then suddenly the speed dropped to 30-40 km/hr. Then on December 02, 2015 I took the car slowly to the garage ( Yontrakit, Thiamruammit ). After 2 weeks, I called the service administration man, and the man told me that the claim procedure was under the process, and I will get a whole piece of brand news transmission set.

Then around Christmas 2015, I called again, talked to the same guy and he told me that now waiting for the transmission unit from Korea. Then on January 08, 2016, I followed up again with the same man. Then the man said that the transmission will be disassembled and see what went wrong. Then I asked about new transmission from Korea, and the guy said that he had no idea and it was not his decision. I also asked him to give me a rough idea of when I will have the car back, but he couldn’t give me anything.

Today,18-01-2016, I checked again , but with another guy, and he told me that my KIA is still on waiting list. I asked him for the meaning of waiting list. He told me that It means there was no one look at the problem yet. Then I asked for any email for any responsible person whom I can talk with, but the man just said to me that he had no idea about it and he said that he just doing his job.

Please, can you help me with this? Or please transfer my complaint to the person in charge of my complaint. Please kindly understand, this is the first time that we bought KIA for a company car and this problem clearly caused by some kind of defect from manufacturing. The car had a services according to what recommended by the user manual. Now we the company has to rent a car for temporary replace this KIA and it is an expensive expenses too.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know a story from your customer in Thailand and I am sure, I am not the only one, because the man whom I talk to today said that many cars are still on the waiting list and long time waiting already.

I am sure this kind of practice would never came from KIA’s Head Quarter policy and I have no intention to bring this issue to any media in Thailand to spread out the unprecedented experienced which I now gained by using your KIA. If you can get someone to talk to this company in Thailand and get my KIA fixed as soon as possible under a “ 5 years warrantee” term. Then I would be delighted to continue to use the car, but the company will no longer consider another KIA for any company executive, for sure.

Comment (0)

My concern is my Kia Cadenza is horrible in snow. I thought it was just my driving so I had my son and son in law drive it with less than 2 inches of snow. They agree with me. I'm driving a big sled. Any suggestions. And has this been reported to your company. Seriously considering trading it in. Help me.

Comment (0)

My car would not start. It was towed to Nemet Motors in Jamaica. The alternator was not working and therefore there was no juice going to the battery. Nemet said they had to put in a new battery in order to fix the problem. The alternator was fixed however they +charged $186 for the battery and I had to pay it in order to get my car back. I do not think that I should have to pay for the battery as the problem was the alternator and that is why the battery was dead. We tried to resolve this with Nemet (the worst dealer) and also with your customer service dept. to no avail. please advise as soon as possible.

Comment (0)

I purchased a 2012 Kia Optima new off of the lot at Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC. The 1st payment was not due nor the first maintenance check and the car began knocking. I took it back to the dealership and was informed that there was no oil in the car. Why would the dealership not check the oil in their maintenance check before giving me the car? The dealership is placing the blame on me, but who checks the oil in a brand new car?

Comment (0)

This is an official Kia complaint to corporate regarding fuel tank corrosion. Country - Egypt, City - Port Said. Car model - KIA Sportage, Model 2014. Motor no 794140. KM 19800 km. My complaint is - 3 month ago I changed fuel filter and fuel sensor with Port Said maintenance center due to sensor failure, and this repeated again two weeks ago, I asked the same maintenance center for full check for Fuel cycle specially fuel tank, the maintenance engineer defined the repeated issue to, pure corrosion in the fuel tank side and I should change the fuel tank soon in order to avoid any problems could be happened.

I complained to the KIA Egypt call center and they give me a date ( 3rd of Dec - 2015 ) for full check in the main maintenance center ( Abu Rawash ) in 6th of October. They checked the fuel tank and identified the case as tank corrosion but not covered by the guarantee. “please find the attached pic". The vehicle only made 20 TKM and operational since March 2014 only. I believe that this is a manufacturing defect and should be covered by the warranty of the car. Appreciate your soonest feedback on my complaint as expected from a reputable manufacture like KIA.

Comment (0)

It took me 2 years to get an extended warranty even though I filled out the paperwork and paid $800 down. At a year and a half they fill out the paperwork again I pay another $200 and I still don't have a warranty because they copied my debit card wrong I go up there again so they can copy it I finally have my warranty but they only gave the warranty company $800 can someone please help thank you

Comment (0)

Recall on my 2011 Kia Sorento. I called this week, since i just received the notice in mail. I spoke to Juan, or that's what i believe his name to be.....he told me to come in, I asked for Saturday hours, he said they don't take appointments on Saturday, to just come in. What time do you open, I ask. 7:30, I said good i"ll be there at 729. It's SNOWING here today, midwest weather, ya know....so I drove, like a fool, to Kia in Berwyn, I live near downtown Chicago. I was told they don't have the part, and they "don't know why someone told me to come in if they didn't reserve the part"...so I left. Fuming. Not so much because the part wasn't there, yes I'm angry about that, but the RUDE service girl, no apologies, nothing. Yeah I just drove there because i like to drive on the expressway in snow and be told that my part isn't there. Horrible and rude people you employ. Not one person apologized for my inconvenience. that's fine, I can be rude too.

Comment (0)

With my new purchased 2016 Kia Sorento, the body lines do not match up where the driver’s door meets !!The bottom half of the rear edge of the left front door sticks out and I couldn't get it fixed at your Lockwood Kia service after 3 attempts. This is a big deal to me on a brand new $30k car. After a month and bringing car to the service 3 times, I am told that couple of inches is acceptable both from Lockwood Kia and Kia Canada customer servise. They expect me to accept this and I have questions for them. What else acceptable on Kia cars? What does bumper to bumper warranty means? Stay away from Kia.They can't even adjust a door.

Comment (0)

My complaint is simple. I bought a new Kia Grand Carnival last Thursday, November 12, 2015 and till now the car have not been delivered to me. I raise this issue to the dealer, were they said that the new car processing takes more than a week to be delivered the customer after registering Police Department, because they have hundreds of cars to be delivered to the customers daily. Please help me in this regard because I need this car to transport my children to school and I am not ready to bear the cost of a rental car. This is a very bad beginning. The car details: Kia Grand Carnival, 2016. KNAMC8125G6135664.

Comment (0)

On October 5th, 2015 I received attached KIA promotion banner by e-mail from one of the marketing companies and which looks very attractive offer. I called KIA Kuwait customer line and confirmed the information and went on the next day to KIA showroom and reserved a car and got the list of the documents required for me to arrange. On October 8th, 2015 I submitted the required documents for the bank representative who is based in the KIA showroom and he told me that approval formalities will take at least 10 days and on October 25th!!!! I received a call from the bank informing me that they added a condition for the offer that I have to be current Bobyan Bank Account holder!!

After calling the phone number again and filing a complaint and reporting the matter to upper management I got the approval and signed the purchasing request on November 4th! The KIA sales representative gave the commitment date to deliver the car was Thursday November 12th. I called to confirm and follow up the delivery date on Tuesday November 10th and that's the time I came to know that the commitment date is updated without notifying me. On November 11th, I called the sales representative but she ignored my call..." Since she got the sales commission". On November 12th, I called the sales representative, and again she ignored my calls. I had to go to the showroom and meet the sales representative, who checked the status of my car and told me that it is not ready yet, but she will request for urgent arrangement for me. Today on Saturday November 14th, I received a call from Tel : +965-24968865 at 11:39 am and the KIA representative informed me that the car is ready.

Immediately, I went to the showroom, received the attached Delivery Order and returned my rental car and called one of my friends to pick pick me up and drop me to the KIA delivery department so I can receive my new car. I reached to the delivery department at 14:35, handed over my delivery order to KIA employee in charge in the location, after couple of minutes, that person came back to me and said we are sorry, our employee called you by mistake! They said we will call you again when the car is ready. I just need to know who is going to compensate my wasted time and money. Regardless of my loss.... Some one should be punished for disrespecting me as a customer and disrespecting KIA brand and image and customer experience. Appreciate your urgent reply and follow up.

Comment (0)

Our 2012 Kia Sportage was repossessed on 11/4/15, after your representative told us it would NOT be repossessed. My son had talked to the representative stating that he would be wiring a payment of $1700.00 to you on Oct. 23rd, and one of $1500.00 on Nov. 4. I suggested that he get the agreement in writing, and heard the representative state that it wasn't necessary, because they wouldn't repossess the car since he had arranged with her to make those payments. Instead, the car was repossessed the morning of Nov. 4, 2015. I believe my son has filed a complaint with you already (Confirmation #K3067103), but I wanted to make sure that you were aware that I was also a witness to the fact that we were told you would not repossess the auto.

I also want you to know that this is the second time a Kia representative has lied to me, telling me months earlier that you could, and would, repossess the car anytime you wanted to. Since the car had been taken by the State for forfeiture, I knew that was untrue, and he later said that perhaps they wouldn't repossess it just then. I'm elderly and in poor health, and the stress this has caused me has been considerable. I was actually buying new license plates and tabs while you were repossessing the car, an expense I certainly did not need if I had no car to drive. This needs to be made right! I believe my son will be talking with one of your representatives again tomorrow.

Comment (2)

I have a 2013 kia Rio. I need a new motor. I still owe 3-4years on it. I am being told that because I didn't get a oil change as often as they felt I should've and I don't have receipts for what I did because my son done about all the oil changes for me that my kua warranty is void and wouldn't be honored. They said it would cost 4-5000 dollars for a new motor. Do I need to get a lawyer or what?

Comment (5)

I am very satisfied with my Kia, just one thing that I an furious about. Bought a demo model with a scratch at the back bumper that needed to be fixed. Allison Orpen who I bought it from is very sick and in hospital. Kobus Visagie manager of Kia Hatfield took over, after one year the scratch is still not fixed. I could not attach the communication. Will forward it if you reply.

Comment (0)

I have a 2013 kia optima that's now needs a motor I was driving while approaching a red light the car started smoking then just shut down in the middle of the road.I had it towed to the dealer Kia dealer in delray beach and was told I needed a starter they replaced it then called and said I need a motor that it locked up. They requested receipts as the car should be covered now after over a week I still have heard nothing back from them at all. This is a well known issue with this car and it is still under Factory Warranty. I'm not sure if I should at this point have my attorney in on this or not. Im also being to that I should have sold or traded it in over a year ago from the sales reps in other kia dealers because of the motor problems. I was also put in a test drive for a new car instead of getting my car fixed and when I said I just want my car fixed I have heard nothing at all now I am just wondering if they want to fix it or not this is not right.

Comment (0)

I appreciated you notifying me as a reminder to get my Navigation software updated. Since I had bought the car I had questioned whether I had the latest version of the software. To my surprise when I call the service center to inquire about how much it cost they told me around $265. I was shocked. I could buy a new navigation system with lifetime map upgrades for that money on the open market. Google gives it to everyone who has a smart phone and so does Apple. I have had many different cars/models in my lifetime and have been able to see what quality customer service and support really means. I usually have purchased BMW’s and still own a BMW Z4. I have bought for my kids a Mazda, Nissan, and Subaru and several Honda’s. My son talked me into buying him a KIA Optima. I never thought of buying KIA before and when I went for another car I was looking for at the KIA SUV and found the KIA Cadenza.

I liked it and bought it. I have been pleased with the service and so far so good…except when I feel I am being taken advantage of. Overall the cost is relatively small but it is frustrating to see a company not do the “right thing”. With all the innovation and technology options available, not giving no or low cost options for upgrading to current maps is frustrating. If you want customer loyally you need to earn it. This was my second KIA and looks like my last. Having a up to date navigation system is important to me and should be a given in these times. To make you a leader in the field you need to do it right! Convenience and current technology without going over-board is key. Sorry to have to leave the KIA family over such an aggravating thing.

Comment (0)

I purchased a 2016 Kia Sorrento on October 14, 2015 and had the car for a week and had to have it towed to a Kia Dealership. The Kia Dealership wouldn't offer a rental car and when I contacted the Kia Customer Service, the representative said he would look into it and call me back. This was on a Friday and I was told it wouldn't be until that Monday that I would get a call back. I never received a call back regarding a rental car and my car is still in the shop because the whole instrument panel needs to be replaced. The dealership had to order the part in California and then I was told they had to order the software for this. My new car has been in the dealership for over a week and a half.

Comment (0)

My husband brought my car yesterday, an hour from where we live to a KIA service department, to see what was wrong with it because the check engine light was on and it felt like it was trying to miss while driving. They said there was "nothing" wrong with our car. The next day, while commuting an hour to spend the day with our family, the check engine light came on and it started to miss again. So, we came back to the service department my husband was at the previous day. After they drove it, and we sat waiting for almost 3 hours they tell us that it is a coil, then its an injector. Which they stated they didn't have in stock. I went to clarify with the manager because they said the coil was not in stock and she said "its just the injector".

That isn't what the mechanic said. The "manager" began talking down to me telling me she wasn't a brain surgeon and didn't get paid like one. Also, how she is doing us a "favor" by getting it looked at because we didn't have an appointment today. If they would have looked harder yesterday, when we had an appointment, SHE wouldn't be having to do me any favor. Now, we are sitting here for over 5 hours with our 9month old baby, and it could have been fixed yesterday when my husband brought it up here alone. Not only was the manager rude but now our "family" day has been ruined due to them not assessing my car, apparently very well. I have never been treated so rudely and disrespected by a manager. Also, what is the point of the computer in our car that they hook up to to find out what is wrong with it if they are just going to clear the history and not go by it anyway? Cause that's what she told me they did.

Comment (0)

April 2015 bought a Cerato in Hurghada Egypt and paid LE 160,000. In less than 6000km while braking for a hump the car jerked hard and I heard a loud chaffing and screaming noise from the rear right side wheel. I thought something had collapsed inside the brake drum so I slowly drove home at night. Next morning I went to the service station and explained and was told a great many Kia cars do that so I told them I wanted it correcting,.
reception took my details and filled out a work sheet and asked me to sign it, when I read it I was surprised to find a charge for labour and a bottle of solution they said they would have to use, I wouldn`t sign but I relented as they said they wouldn`t put it right unless I did. The wheels and brake drums were taken off, then the brake shoes, they told me the solution would be coated on the surface of the brake shoe until it had completely soaked into the brake shoe material, this would stop the noise.

They told me Kia cars have had this problem since they stopped using asbestos material. I told them then Kia cars should have resolved it a long time ago and if I had known that this would happen I would not have bought a KIa car and I am certainly not paying to fix a problem that Kia knew about. Kia should replace all these shoes for one`s that there is no problem with. The expense though only small is Kia`s and I am not going to pay as this should be under warranty, they argued that this problem has to be paid for by the customer. Anyway in the end they actually waived the charge but now I think what other sub standard materials have been secretly used that the customer must`nt know about so my confidence in this car has gone and I will now sell it and never buy another KIa car.

Comment (0)

I am a South African currently staying in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.After a month and a half I received delivery of the vehicle that I had purchased from KIA Al Jabr on Madinah road in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I received the 2015 KIA Sorrento 3.3 V6 All Wheel Drive, vin no:KNAPG8144F5028774 on 11 October 2015. I was shocked at the bad condition that the car was in. The car was badly rusted to a degree where the rust had eaten into the body of the car and the rust could not be removed. I complained to all the necessary persons in charge at this dealership because the car should not have been given to me in this condition since I ordered a brand new car! I was told that the car had been standing outside in a "sand parking lot" for 5 months and that I had to accept it in this terrible condition! I requested that they exchange this car for a new one, but they refused to do so. I then requested a refund which was also refused! I am shocked, disgusted and disappointed at the unprofessional service at KIA Al Jabr. I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me in any way...

Comment (0)

10/2015 I purchased 2015 Kia Optima. At the time I did not notice how very low the passenger seat was and it has no way to raise it. I have noticed many complaints regarding this on the internet and several dealers have said they have received many complaints. Please advise if KIA is planning on correcting this low passenger seat problem any time soon? I am willing to pay for the new seat or for a knob applied to raise the seat. Hoping KIA is standing by their customers to solve this back breaking problem.

Comment (0)

My complaint is about the dealership where I bought my 2013 Sorento from, Grossinger Kia in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Yesterday I went in for the 30,000 mile maintenance service and the voluntary recall on the ECU reprogram. The service advisor told me that the transmission fluid needed to be changed, or the warranty will be voided by Kia if a transmission problem occurs. When I got back home, I checked the owners manual, and it clearly states that no change is required under normal driving conditions, and 60,000 miles under severe conditions.

So clearly it was a deliberate ploy by the service advisor to sell me unnecessary service to generate income for the dealership. This is the second time this dealership has sold me unnecessary service. The first time was on my first oil change, when I was told that the engine oil had to be changed at 3,000 mi,, max at 4,000 mi. Again, a check on the owners manual showed a recommended change at 7,500 miles. What a misinformation! What are these service people, vultures waiting to prey on their customers?

I googled these two items, and found out that the 3,000 mi oil change is indeed a myth, as tests conducted in California showed the oil still have usable life even after 7,500 mi. On the 30,000 transmission fluid change, there was this guy from Pa complaining on Kia forum about this unnecessary service sold him way back in 2011. He complained to Kia Corp. directly, and so Kia Corp. is aware of this malpractice by dealerships. Since this disservice is still being committed by the dealers, it would appear that Kia Corp. is condoning this practice. In fact, it may also be abetting them by sending out complimentary services to Kia owners just to go to their dealerships.

Something should be done about this, and Kia Corp. should warn their dealers about alienating their customers, or perhaps they don't care at all.

Comment (0)

Bought my first and last Kia approx. 8 months ago - a K7 model completely loaded at Sansone Kia Route 1 dealership . Recently the car will not shut off unless I put it in gear to shut it off doesn't happen every time but happened at least 20 times. Brought it in for service today 8/4 and was told they can not find the problem. In addition I was told when I bought the car that it was covered bumper to bumper for the first 60,000 miles - the two front tires have a bubble on the outside of the tire on the wall of the tires not the tread. They want to charge me to replace defected tires really? Not only can't they diagnosis the shutting problem they don't want to back defected tires. I will never consider buying another Kia and wish I had stayed with Ford never had these issues and if I did they would back the product.

Comment (0)

I purchased a 2008 Sorento in 2009. It was a left over but brand new from Baierl Kia Mcnight rd. I loved it! After about 3 years, I started losing power in first gear occasionally. I took it for service several times, but they can never seem to find a problem. So I would take it home and it would still do it. Try pulling out in traffic with no first gear.

I thought I would try another dealership so I took it to South Hills Kia. They told me they couldn't find anything wrong either. I was furious it was doing it more often now. I am so tired of the run around having to do without my car and then no results. They finally said they would put a new transmission in.

Well it still did it so they put in another one 2 months later. Picked it up Friday, went to the lake with my family for memorial weekend and guess what ? IT IS STILL DOING IT! NO POWER IN FIRST GEAR!!!! Come on Kia really?????

Browse reviews of other Cars