Kia

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Kia

Posted by Kathy Montgomery on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I am writing in reference to an extremely negative experience I encountered when I visited your dealership located on University drive in Huntsville, AL. I was looking to purchase a 2013 Kia Forte - VIN KNAFT4A24D5672173 - advertised on the dealerships website for $11,625. When I arrived at the dealership I was instantly approached by a salesperson who was very nice and eager to help. I explained to him I wanted to see the vehicle advertised online and also wanted to see a new Forte so I could consider the options of buying the used car compared to the new car. His response was you cannot believe everything you see online. He stated that cars are placed online to get customers to the dealership and once there they could see what the dealership had to offer. He then proceeded to show me the new cars. Finally, he took me around and showed me the used cars. The 2013 that was advertised was on the lot. After we looked at the new and used Fortes, I asked him to get me a price quote for a new Forte and the 2013 Forte. He came back and gave me a price of $16,999 for the 2013 Forte that was advertised online for $11,625. I asked if I could borrow his computer to pull up the dealership website and show him the price of the car. When I pulled up the website he took the price over to his manager. He came back and stated the online pricing was 2014 pricing and since it is January 2015 the price has changed to 2015 pricing. We then offered to pay cash for the vehicle if the $11,625 price would be honored. The salesperson did not acknowledge the cash offer and quickly changed the conversation to encourage me to buy a new car. Also, when I first arrived at the dealership, I was asking to trade in a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I expected to have negative equity in the Fiesta. I currently owe $8,500 on the vehicle and using Kelly Blue Book as a guideline I expected to be offered around $5,000 for the trade in, I was extremely shocked when I was offered $3,300 for the trade in. However, my disappointment is un-related to the trade in. My disappointment in KIA is the fact KIA advertises prices online but refuses to honor the advertised price. Finally, I am not a customer who needs or relies on generous credit approvals. I was told by the salesperson that I was not a typical KIA customer. He stated most customers were in desperate situations and were just happy to be approved for a vehicle. I appreciate the KIA policy to approve all customers. However, I believe you reputation as a company would be better served if you honored advertised prices. It is unbelievable that a company advertises a price but refuses to honor it. Until yesterday, my plans were to trade in my Ford and get a KIA Forte. As of today, I am unsure how I feel about KIA.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Kia provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Kia?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.14 out of 5
2.14 out of 5 Stars
72 Consumer Reviews

Kia
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Kia. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the Kia customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the Kia company website. What is their website address?

More Kia Complaints

Customer Rating

I bought my second Kia within the last 12 month’s, the last one being one of my daughters first car. Although it was used it still put her into a $14K debt and as a college student that ain’t exactly peanuts. She took delivery of the vehicle and noticed the gas tank was only half full. I have since learned that this is a new company policy and I want to tell you that the policy sucks. It took the thrill out of the purchase and makes you guys look like you’re hard up for cash. It also makes me wonder what else you’ve done that I haven’t noticed yet, being that you seem to be that desperate. I have two more kids in line waiting for vehicles and considered trading in my 2011 for a newer model, but I think I will go to a company less cash strapped than you seem to be. I will pass this policy along to everyone I know in the hope that they reconsider buying from companies that do that kind of stuff.

Good luck

M. Vazquez.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I went to town yesterday. I hit something on the highway on the way in. The my tire light came on. I pulled into a parking lot to check it out. I found out my back tire was flat. No problem, I always keep a pump and a tire plug kit in the trunk. So I start pumping it up. It's not inflating. So I thinking, OK I got to use the spare tire. Guess what? There's no damn spare tire! There's not even a frickin jack! There's a frickin pump that looks like it cost like 20 bucks and a save a flat container. Which is worthless because I can't inflate the tire. So I call the dealership, they tell me yea that car (2014 Rio) don't come with a spare. But they tell me that I got the road side package, and to call them. So I call. They said they would have someone out in about 45 minutes. The guy showed up, hooked my car up and towed it a couple of miles away to the dealership service dept. I'M HAVING MY CAR TOWED FOR A FLAT TIRE! WTF! Anyways. They tell me it has two holes on the sidewall. So I need a new tire. (105.00) bucks. They didn't have one, had to order it. Another hour. It ended up 3 frickin hours for a flat tire! I love this car, and your service dept. it is awesome. Never ever dealt with a service dept. like the Kia ones. Great people. I asked how much a new tire and rim would cost. They told me between $300.00 and $350.00. They said I had to buy the kit. I don't want a damn space saver tire. And I hate the jacks that come with most cars. I always use a floor jack. Anyways I had to write this a day later because if I had written it yesterday, it would have been unreadable. I was so pissed off I was shaking. I mean seriously, if I got towed into the service dept twice, that would pay for a new tire. On a side note. The salesman told me I had Sirus on my radio. Come to find out it doesn't work in Hawaii.

Customer Rating

I bought my Kia Soul in May 2013. It has been great thus far until a few days ago. This past weekend, January 9th-10th, my Kia Soul would not start. I live in LaPorte, IN and the weather has been snowy, icy and with minus wind chill factors with temps in the minus 20's. I am in a band and use this vehicle to transport band equipment from job to job. If my car is not reliable, then I cannot continue to do this. We were finished with a gig and loaded the equipment into my Kia Soul. I got in and tried to start the car and it did not turn over. I tried turning the key in the ignition 4 times and each time all it did was click. The battery seemed OK as all of the lights in the dash were bright. I went back into the venue and asked if we could wait there as I had to call for a tow truck. The place was closing and I was imposing on the owners to wait with me when they truly wanted to go home for the night. In the meantime, my boyfriend went outside and he tried to start the car. He turned the key in the ignition 4 times and on the 5th try the car finally started. So we thanked the owners for waiting for us and warmed the car up and then made it home. The very next morning, the car would not start yet again. And the same scenario ensued. Finally, after turning the key in the ignition multiple times the car finally turned over. So we drove it directly to Neilsen Kia in Michigan City, IN. It was a Saturday and the service department had already closed. So I left the car with one of the salesman (Chuck) and filled out a form and dropped off my keys. On the following Monday, I called the Kia service department and asked if they were able to fix my problem. The mechanic on duty (Mike) explained that the problem was not fixable. I thought that Kia had a warranty that covered the car, bumper to bumper, for 5 years or 100,000 miles. This was one of the main reasons I bought the car to begin with. But Mike explained that the problem is in the design of the 2013 Kia Soul. He said that the starter is mounted to the bottom of the engine block and there is no splash shield protecting the starter from snow and ice getting into it. Thus, the starter froze. I asked if a splash shield could be put on my car to keep this from happening in the future. He told me "no" as they only started putting the splash shields on the 2014 models and the 2013 Kia Soul had a different body design which would not accommodate the 2014 splash shield. So I said, "Well, what can I do as I need to have a reliable car?" And he basically told me "nothing". He also told me that 3 other Kia Soul's of the same year had been towed into their dealership with the exact same problem that weekend. I can't believe that Kia would not address this issue. This is a design defect and it is not something that I am responsible for. I cannot continue to drive the car in the cold weather when it is not reliable. So we drove it directly to Apex Muffler in LaPorte and explained the situation to one of their mechanics. He said he could configure a splash shield for my car and it would cost $120. So I left my car with him to get this taken care of. In the meantime after he looked at the under carriage of the car, he called me and said that there were actually holes drilled for a splash shield placement. So what gives? Why couldn't Kia take care of this for me? It should be covered in the warranty. You must know of the problem because you have taken the initiative to redesign the car in 2014 to have the splash shield to protect the starter. This can become very dangerous to people as they can become stranded in below zero temperatures and it can be life threatening to those who live in states where the winters are challenging due to snow, ice and low temperatures. So I would like someone to address this issue or at least refund my money for forcing me to get an outside mechanic to repair a problem that Kia should have taken care of in the first place.

Customer Rating

I recently traded a jeep liberty in on a newer jeep liberty at Kia in Panama city Fl. The dealership treats woman horrible and only listens to the husband. I traded my jeep in my name only. The had my husband who was not on my jeep sign off on my jeep and transferred my plate to the new jeep and changed my plate to my husbands name and birthdate. I called them out at the dealership and they say it is the banks policy. I talked with the bank and they have no policy because if in booth names the plate b-day depends on the couple. I would never deal with this dealership again and they did not want to hear from me but would only discuss with husband. I thought women had some rights to make decisions in this day and age. They also told us to lie saying we put down 2000 dollars toward the vehicle when we only did 350 plus my trade in. This place is a scam. Now I await my sticker to go back to the DMV and switch my original b-day back to my plate. More money. Just because a woman is married does not mean the guy or business makes the decisions. You need to teach your car salesmen that in many cases the women make the decisions not the male and to sell a car they need to polite and treat a woman respectfully. I have never been treated as a second class citizen in my life. Thank you for your time Nikki Upton

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nikki Upton on 03/20/2014 at IP address 23.117.97.166 using our Kia Panama City Fl complaint form. This opinions contained in this Kia Panama City Fl customer review titled, “Discrimination on a woman” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have only had my KIA for 2 years. I have filed two complaints with KIA and all they have offered me is repair service or oil changes for two years and the last one was two car payments. I now learn my car is on the recall list for problems I have already experienced. I have been driving this car in fear for two years hoping nothing else would go wrong only to learn there are new problems to worry about. This is no way for a person to live. I have enough stress with my husbands health and do not need any additional. Today, I was driving and the car on its own went into overdrive. Thankfully, I was on a small back road with no traffic and not on the interstate. My husband has a life threatening heart condition and I fear every time I have to drive him to the doctor or hospital. I have tried several times to work with the dealership I purchased my car from but alas, no one is willing to cooperate. I know what you can do for me because I work for a Fortune 500 Company and the decisions come from the top. I expect to hear from someone to try and settle this problem. My home phone is 615-696-1144. I know this complaint is going to go in the trash and no one is going to bother answering. Your credibility is slipping with me and with all customers.
Carolyn Long
CAR VIN # 5XYKT4A23BG095559

Customer Rating

I have taken my 2011 Kia Forte to the Billion Auto Dealership in Sioux city Iowa told each time nothing wrong, paid one time to get the fuel line cleaned as I was told that was the problem, another time told nothing wrong, another time same response. The last time I took it back I asked to hook up to diagnostic again told nothing wrong. On 4/7/2013 I was driving down highway and the car stalled.

I was lucky I had the 60,000 miles free towing but now I am at 61250 now I am responsible for towing at my own cost. THis is UNSAFE AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP IN THIS. I AM EVEN ASKING FOR A NEW CAR.

Customer Rating

It is my pleasure to write to you to have more information from you, of the technical problems encountered in my car Kia Model Sport age 2012 and holds the base number (CNAPC81127279052) and always agent here in the Kingdom of Bahrain Ihamleuena responsibility. A year ago, and I'm going to work in the morning the car does not work, when I take the car to our local agency I find the car battery was Damage ((without any alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights )).

Two days ago, my car doesn’t work and I took to the agency and on the next day they call me, saying that the engine oil has become fat. And to preview the car you need to pay an amount equal to $ 700 . My question is directed to the caller (Why did the alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights didn’t display about engine Oil alarm). The answer was that all Kia vehicles manufactured, alarm dashboard indicator lamp does not support this kind of issue. And also I told them that the car has not completed the age of three years and it run only 45934 km away. Which car is still under warranty? They said the imbalance in the engine does not include a warranty.

Customer Rating

First let me say I love my 2013 kia optima, my complaint is that I did not realize that the car did not come with a spare tire or jack.
I know it has 24 hr. service to call for 5 years, however I know I will most likely keep the vehicle for more than five years, what do I do them. Also where I live in the country of rural Ga. I don't want my wife to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat........she a country girl and can change a flat tire, like all country girls I know!

Please contact Kia and express my concerns....................thanks for all your time....Ollie Parker

Customer Rating

On April 1, 2014 on around 4 P.M. I was driving on Astoria Blvd, Queens, NY, and while approaching the red light the car all of a sudden shuts off. I waited few seconds to start the car again. The same day while driving to the Bronx, NY at around 5 P. M. while driving on the Cross Bronx Express Way and Middletown Rd. I experienced the same situation as stated above on this letter. I am very concerned about this, because is not only about my safety, but the safety of other people on the road.
Because there are no Kia service department in the Bronx, NY where I live I called Kia at Tenafly NJ, where they wanted me to take the car the next day 4/3/2014. I emphasize that it was impossible because on that particular day I was traveling to PA. The appointment was scheduled for today April, 2 2014 at 4 P. M.
Your attention to this matter will be appreciated. I can be contacted at 917-412-1356
VIncenzo Castellano

Customer Rating

Compre una sorento 2014. En junio 2013. El gerente de ese tiempo Sr. Willi Suliveras. Muy amablemente me dijo que ordenaria el consecionario una segunda llave por que solo me dieron una. Pasaron los dias lleve la camioneta a su cita de chequeo y me realizaron un cambio de aceita gratis y lavado. Luego la camara de retroceso empeso a dar problema se apagaba fui dos veces me hicieron la orden y me llamaron cuando esta llego. Luego note muy lenta la camioneta no respondia al acelerar. Fui al diller la deje alli para chequeo y me prestaron otro carro. Me dijeron que esta bien peri debian cambiar los ejes. Hicieron la orden me llaman cuando ya llegaron. Voy me dan un carro y regreso el.siguiente dia. Luego ellos ne llaman para decirme que deben cambiar la transmission. Yo no muy convencida acepte.pasaron los meses pregunto por la llave . Nadie sabe nada. Fui nuevamente el dia de ayer jueves 28 de marzo al diller a realizar un cambio de aceite y valanceo de llantas. Y aprovechando la ocasion pregunte por la llave y fui tratada de la manera mas horrible que jamas imagine. El manager Fernando Ortiz y el Dueno Cesar Prado. Me humillaron. El senor Prado fue pesado, tajante y grocero con su respuesta y avalo la acusacion que se atrevio hacerme Ortiz. Al asegurarme que habia checado el record de mi camioneta y se habia dado cuenta que yo habia recibido muchos servicios gratis y que el me habia visto muchas veces llegar al diller. dijo estas palabras ,”USTED HA RECIBIDO MUCHOS SERVICIOS GRATIS POR PARTE DEL SENOR SULIVERA, y QUIEN SAVE BAJO QUE CONDICIONES!!” Aduciendo que yo tenia otra manera de como pagar por los servicios que no fuera con dinero esto lo repitio 3 veces. Espero una pronta solucion a esta falta dr respeto a una senor casada con 3 hijos. Me danaron tanto que me la pase llorando en el diller cerca de una hora mientras relizaban el servicio y ninguno de los dos se acerco a ofrecer una disculpa. Y esto no sucedio dentro de una oficina si no a la vista de empleados y clientes que me vieron humillada. Lamento mucho que esta clase de gente ensucie el prestigioso nombre de KIA. HE PENSADO PRoceder legalmente a que se me responda ante un tribunal ante tales acusaciones garves. Gracias por su atencion.
Goldy Sermeno
832 537 81 05

Customer Rating

I had a day off of work and took my Kia Spectra in for a recalled part that needed to be fixed. During this time I also requested an oil change. I dropped my car off at 8:15am and was not called until 11:15am to pick it up. When I was trying to pay for the oil change there was no paper work on this being done.

The admin person told me to go walk back into the service center to figure it out. That was the 1st rude thing that was done. Customer service would have been for her to call or page the tech to come into the show room area. I went back to the service department only to find out my car had not received an oil change.

This dealership had my car for 3 hours to do 1 thing?!?!?! After the tech said he forgot about it that he would get it in for the oil change in the next hour. Are you kidding me?!?!? I had made other appointments that day since it was my ONLY day off.

Not 1 person apologized or offer any assistance or a solution to this issue. Don’t you think these people could have said here come back to us and have a FREE oil change. I don’t even care if I had to pay for the oil change but at least offer something. They were very unprofessional. I TRIED to give this dealership another chance. This is the 3rd issue I have had with these people.

They have a brand new building and I thought the help there would have been different. Though I found out the hard way nothing has changed with their service! I also don’t think someone on the clock and working should be on their phone more than speaking to a customer.

Customer Rating

I LOVE my 2014 Kia Optima but I have a complaint about it. The passenger seat is entirely too low, it should have been made to adjust like the driver seat is. Other owners that I know that own the Optima have the same complaint as well. In manufacturing your newer models please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I purchased a 2012 Kia Optima in December 2011. It just reached 9,000 miles. All of a sudden the front end began to
make a rumbling noise like the front axle is about come off. The vibration is on the right front passenger side. I am now afraid of what I have invested in--I took it to the Kia Dealership on Mt. Moriah in Memphis, TN. The service department kept the car for two days and the technician stated that she heard the noise but could not find out what it was.....On Thursday afternoon I was called to come and pick my car up but there is no resolution to what the trouble is with the car. Bill in the service department stated that he would have to call the corporate office in order to find out what is going on.....I want this documented due to the fact that I am a Coach and I transport students and if something were to happen, I want it noted that I made the local dealership aware of the problem and now I am notifying the corporate office. The noise does not sound well at all. Please notify me to show that you read emails and you care about your customers.

I look forward to hearing from you....
Zinker Williams
5434 Eagle Bead Cove
Memphis, TN 38125
901-314-2731

Customer Rating

Please I need your intervention now. Kia Midrand is really giving me hypertension now. I stil don't have a car licence disk! I bought a car and was given temporal permit as usual. It expired afta 21days, I went to kia to get my number plate, I was told it's still not ready. They gave me another temp permit expiring today 14th. Yesterday, I went to kia and was told number plate is not ready but Nash,a salesman would deliver it to pretoria where I'm residing. I am still waiting, no Nash, no call for apology, no permit neither number plate.

I have been moaning about the service I got from the beginning from them until Denzel at web customer service intervened. I think I was the first to buy this new picanto in gauteng as a whole. I have been waiting for this car since I saw it online, february when wheels.com was talking about Audi who drew it. I went to the web online support,requesting them to let me know when car has arrived. I kept on calling, surfing , going online just to keep my patience strong. Finaly july15 it was launched. I tried dealers, they said it had not yet arrived due to snow. 21st July I bought the car. Believe me we were struggling for the colour, no one knows which colours were coming. Fine, I tried to understand cos maybe I was quick before they knew anything about new picanto.

What keep bothering me is the ignorance and poor service from Christo, the manager. Believe me, he never came out to speak to me afta I waited from that 21 july till my BIRTHDAY 2 August where I had to go for any colour. I never saw his face at all as the first customer to buy this new car in his branch ON MY BIRTHDAY! I was there for almost two hours waiting waiting for Nash to get full info from headoffice . He kept on going to the manager but he would just peep.

He stil did not make any effort for me to understand what next about car disk because he is the one who refused with another permit yesterday. They don't bother meeting me halfway in terms of service, I keep on leaving work in joburg to them and I see other dealers delivering products to their customers at work like that permit was going to be delivered. I really regret choosing their branch, this always pains my heart but now again it's worst.

I love kia product. If they valued me as their important customer, do you think they were not going to follow up and give me update in everything! I am really troubled in spirit. Please help Me kia, I will not call them again , I will use taxi whilst waiting for the disk.

Customer Rating

I put my kia sorento in to find out why the 4x4 was not engaging they had it for a day charged 300.00 and still could not tell me what was wrong but if a brought it back they would keep looking and they couldnt tell me if they would be able to find the fault on the next visit which makes a joke of the certificates on the wall of the service centre about fault finding and retification. I sent a email to the dealer asking if they think they could find the fault if I booked it in again and they didnt even get back to me. If they could have given some information back instead of yer its still got the same problem

Customer Rating

Trying together reimbursed for fuel is a real challenge. First had to take off 2 hours from work to get there on time. Second I live over 60 miles from nearest dealership. The dealership was ok but when they went out to check miles on vehicle the lady just had me look in to check the odometer ( if that is all I came in for let me call in).

To summarize the 15% inconvienence tacked on did not make up for hassle, I cannot get rid of vehicle due to diminished value, the MPG was a big factor in buying the vehicle not just for economic reasons but for environmental impact as well. Not sure that Kia has addressed this issue at all.

I do not think that Kia is honest, one does not get the MPG on a Kia soul that was claimed unless they were driving down a mountain the whole way. This compounded with the hassle I have received from Kia finance to change my due date. So far the vehicle drives well but I am worried now about warranty should I need it. I hope that that dept is overseen by someone else.

Customer Rating

I took my car to Cobb County Kia dealership in Kennesaw because I had a problem with my satellite radio. The display just keeps showing that it is loading. They told me that there was a problem with the antenna and ordered me a new one which would be covered under the warranty. When I brought my car back to install the new antenna, the service agent now tells me it a problem with the radio itself and it would need to be replaced. They then tell me the radio would not be covered under the warranty. I have a big problem with this. I bought this car new about 3 years ago. To have a busted radio already when the car is only 3 years old is ridiculous. The radio should not break down in this short amount of time and for it to not be covered under the warranty because I am over 36000 miles is just as ridiculous. Obviously, this car came with a defective radio and I should not have to pay for a new one. The car is still fairly new. I have been a loyal customer since I have purchased this car. I have only taken my car to Kia dealerships for any problems and for all maintenance issues. I am very unhappy with the way the service agent handled this situation. Also, very unsatisfied with the defective radio that came with this car. I hope you will remedy this situation or I will not be investing any more of my time or money at any Kia dealership again.

Customer Rating

The commercial with the red car nor the green is not their idea. the idea came from Joe Ann lias book The wood rats dragging their long tales not tails behind them.Page 20.Whoever you are I hope you stop stealing my work.The The bible say whatsoever one sowth that he shall reep.You stole from me ,the same people stole from me will evently steal from you. You could have gave me something for my work.Since I'm next to being homless.I didn't go to college not much school.I wonder why big shots like your company would steal my idea. whoever did it they darn near copied the whole book. where is my share since the book copyrights belong to me.

That kia comercial the idea is mine. I stand out a lot because i have this weird imagination. I have my on style.Kia got the idea for their comercial from my book calling all mouse.In the book The wood rats dragging their long tales behind them PAGE 20.Whoever is doing all that stealing I have a word for you.Whatsoever a man sowth,that he shall reap. I want to tell you later on down the line you gone lose your job. Your wives and family is going to be begging.and there will be a sickness that will spread that will have no name.The No Name desease Their is no cure.

The old lady.How about 20 million after taxes The old lady.That's not to much to ask since you made billions overseas the movies.Everyday 24/7 they were on tv.Enie Meanie Miney and Moe the rapper the domineering one.my idea my characters my scenary my paperboard box my boombox my jewlery. my everything

Customer Rating

I am the owner of a 2011 Kia Soul and a previous owner of a 2007 Kia Optima. In April 2011, I traded my 2007 Kia Optima in on a 2011 Kia Soul. When I asked the salesman about the gas mileage, I was told that I would get better gas mileage than I was getting on my then owned 2007 Kia Optima, which is mostly definitely not true. I have complained to my service man who has stated that there are many complaints of the bad gas mileage. I drive 75 plus miles round trip a day, 5 to 6 days a week, and am spending an outrageous amount of money on gas. Living in the Los Angeles County area, gas is NOT cheap. Although I love my Kia Soul, I'm not sure how much longer I can afford to put gas in the car. I believe the window sticker on the car at the time I purchased the vehicle was misleading, as was the salesman.

Customer Rating

I think it is unfortunate that the service dept at Kia of Vero beach is so fixed on how much money they can get from their good customers that they lose site of the big picture of having a satisfied customer that will continue to buy their product and use their service dept.

No one has touched my sorento but Kia, but the last visit I had with a complaint of winning noise when my vehicle changed gears has really turned me aganist Kia and their service dept. (I will not return at all) Instead of working with the customer all the service manager did was calculate how much money he could get of of me, that is very unfortunate of course I would pay any problem that was not covered by the warranty but to have the service manager to start adding up the cost before the problem was even found was not wise on his part at all.

Customer Rating

I've never seen such a piece of junk manufactured in my life...this car was the worst investment I ever made... I purchased a 2005 kia rio about a year and a half ago...thought it was a good deal with only 80 thousand kms on it...well, after only owning this car for a year and a half.... the car shut down, I had it towed and was told that the timing belt broke, and most likely my motor is gone! Are you kidding me? A simple belt can ruin and entire engine? I'd like to be alongside the brilliant one who decided this would be a great feature to add to the car when they made it...

I have no warranty, no money to fix it or even know for sure if the engine is shot...but based on the mechanic's opinion, 98% of the time, that is the issue...I had to go buy a new car right after Christmas... yeah, thanks Kia...I will never buy from you again!!!!!!!!

I brought in my kia for a diagnosis. They came back three hours later saying I needed a module so windows would work. With there price to high I purchased a genuine kia part for much less from a nother site and put it in. No change so I recieved a misdiagnose. Broughtnit back and they fixed it. The issue is now since I turned the key for a few seconds to see if the partworked a charge went through the board and is nonreturnable. do to their misdiagnosis the repurcussions are im stuck with a 250.00 part I dont need they are unwilling to take the part and make it right no credit nothing but soooorrrryyyy.

Were gonna make you eat the mistake repurcussions we made and sweep this under the rug so we dont have to take responsibility and tarnish our image. Thanks kia for maaking life more difficult than it needs to be.

Customer Rating

I have a KIA Sorento 2004 model. The windscreen has 3 major cracks running from the rear vision mirror down wards.
There are NO stone chips or damage anywhere near the fractures to be the cause of this . I am informed that there are many other KIA vehicle owners who have had a similar problem and have had KIA replace their windscreen. I approached my local KIA dealership which is in Newcastle N.S.W. Australia and they were not interested in persuing this.
I would like KIA to follow up and rectify this problem of my cracked windscreen. Obvious it IS a problem with KIA vehicles.

Just surf the blogs on KIA Complaints and see how many refer to "Cracked windscreen " problem.

Customer Rating

1st Kia of Simi Valley's service is charging customers for repairs they don't do. I took my 2010 Forte in to have an oil leak rechecked after they did a previous warranty repair for an oil pan gasket. The dealer called and told me that the front seal on the engine was now leaking. They told me that they needed to remove the timing chain cover to replace the crankshaft seal.

After 2 days, I picked up car returned home, opened the hood and noticed that nothing had been taken apart. only that they had done a poor repair on the oil pan again, which was still leaking, worse than before. The envoice indicated that they had removed the timing cover, 3.3 hour labor, replaced the seal and replaced a cap seal.

I returned to the dealer and spoke to the service writer (Robyn) and the mechanic and he told me he replaced the seal. Robyn was not the service writer when I brought the car in. Three days leter the service manager (Vince)called me and told me the mechanic had "confessed" to not doing the charged repair.

He told me he had to order a gasket (which I found out only took 2 days to get) and they would properly repair it. After 2 weeks and several calls the service manager finally called back. I took the car back and they completed the repair using another mechanic.

Had I not had a 12 year background as a mechanic, I would not have questioned the repair. The repair was under warranty although if I had paid for the repair (approximately $400.00), I would have contacted an attorney to sort it out. I will never take my car back to 1st Kia, purchase a car and definitely not for service.

They were unprofessional and lacked the knowledge to even be aware of what the mechanics are doing in the shop. The Bureau of Automotive repair would be very interested to know that 1st Kia of Simi Valley is stealing from their customers.

Customer Rating

I have a 2007 sorento with 60,000 miles on it and I purchased it off the showroom floor in 2007, the drive train has a 100,000 miles warranity. My vehicle has a whinning noise when it shifting gears and it has got worse as time went along so I went to the dealership for them to check.

Their service manager  told me I would have to pay them to check for the problem of course I refused because the drive train is under warranity. Mr. French refused to took at my vehicle unless I paid them to find the problem. I

f this is what they call a warranity then they have lost a good customer because I only let Kia service this vehicle and have done all the recommended mainternance. IF they had looked at the problem and found it was not under warranity I would have been happy to pay the bill but to refuse to even look at the vehicle is not right.

Customer Rating

First my wife and I love our kia optima what we didnot like is how we were lied to by Smithtown N.Y kia We were told the would give us one price and after we signed the lease agreement everthing changed not once but twice be never recieved a signed sales agreement . I have been in sales for going on 40 years and I am a man of my word and exspect others in sales to do the same.We have always bought hondas in our family and was the first time we ventureed away ,if this is how kia does bussiness even though we love the car it wil be the last .I would like to add we had put a deposit on a kia at meford but they could not locate aan lx for us very professional and I wish I bougt the car there.I hope to here from you JohnDellaria 631- 255-4791

Customer Rating

I am a Paramedic and I recently attended a road traffic crash on the Sunshine Coast. One of the vehicles involved was fitted with airbags but they failed to deploy at a speed of around 80kmhr. The car rego was 829LMQ, 2008 model VIN KNADE241296485440. QFRS were on scene also and took photos to forward to kia. I trust you will investigate this issue further. Thanx for your assistance.

Customer Rating

I purchased this car because in big letters on the sitcker it said 28 and 34. we all know what that means. After 1500 miles I'm getting less than 20. (over 19 but under 20) in all situations. It's not fair. I love the car but purchased it for the mileage. Anyone know of a class action suit. I'm thinking of mobilizing and putting my car by a different dealer every week with the actual mileage in big white letters on the windows. I was duped!!!!!!!!!! I love the car but purchased it for the mileage which was obviously a total lie!!!!! How can they get away with it. Please don't send me any stock corporate nonsense. It gets less than 20 MPG. I'm angry.

Customer Rating

I own a Kia 2008 spectra. On January 1, 2013 I was in a very minor accident sliding with wet rain water and hitting the curb with my front driver’s side tire. I had the car towed to Capital Kia Austin as I like to work with the dealer whenever I have significant work to be done.

On January 2, 2013 they said they would have a look at it and get back to me. On Wednesday 3, 2013 they called telling me the control arm needed to be fixed and replaced the tire rim.(approx. $660.00) They then said an animal had chewed my O2 sensor wire harness and that it needed to be replaced it would cost $1200.00 but insurance should cover it.

I said no thank you. Not right now as the Holidays are a high expense time of year. Perhaps in the future. Having not heard since Wednesday January 3, I Called again on Saturday January 5, 2013 they said my car would be ready on Monday January 7. On Monday January 7, 2013, (5 days after the initial conversation) I called 3 times wondering when my car was to be ready.

Finally at 4:30 I called, and Ian said that the control arm sub- frame was damaged, and it was $1200.00 to fix it. It seemed strange that they had found this and not told me until I called considering the magnitude of the expense. Also, it seemed strange that the sub-frame was damaged when I had not even hit the curb hard enough to pop my tire and barely bent the tire rim.

Over the next day my Dad and I called 3 other automotive companies and based on the minor accident they all thought that needing a new sub control frame was very strange. I started to feel like Ian wanted to get $1200 out of me one way or another and would keep inventing problems until I paid. On Wednesday January 9, 2013 I then called your dealership as I was going to have it towed to another shop.

The lady, Ian, replied you cannot take the car. We have fixed it and you owe us money and hung up the phone on me! I had not even raised my voice to her and I was shocked at her response.

Thursday January 10, 2013 we had the car towed to an alternative mechanic. I was forced to pay the $675.73 to take the car away, although the car is not drivable. I had it towed to another shop.

The next mechanic who took a look at it, also, took pictures. It turns out Capital Kia had taken out the bolts to the control-arm that attach to the sub- frame and not replaced them. This mechanic insisted that the sub frame was fine and as I mentioned earlier had pictures to prove it. I then had to pay this new another $300.00 to properly attach the control arm and get a wheel alignment. The car was now drivable.

The other mechanic who looked at it can say the sub-frame was actually fine, and the O2 Sensor harness is also fine. No holes at all!

I have to say, your Service Writer lied to me. My car did not have a damaged sub-frame and my car’s sensor harness was fine as well. Capital Kia seemed to want to get another $1200.00 from me. Capital Kia not only had my car for 10 days (leaving me with no alternative form of transportation) but they lied to me. Is it fraudulent to tell people they need work done when they don’t!

This is not my first bad experience with Capital Kia. Last time I had my car in, the mechanic left a big grease smudge mark on the seat and his lunch trash (Chinese food containers) on my floor! Needless to say, I am more than disappointed. I feel cheated.

I am requesting the $675.73 refund as Capital Kia did not do the initial work to a satisfactory level and repeatedly lied to me about other work needed. I feel this is more than fair as I also incurred additional expense to have a different mechanic do the job right and I went 10 days without transportation.

This is not the image that Capital Kia shows on TV and I can imagine you would like to do something to create a better impression. I would be happy to talk with you personally about this if you would like. Please consider doing the right thing here to save a customer.

Customer Rating

A few months ago, my car died while driving. When I called Kia, they asked if I was out of gas, and I said, the light is on but I know it's not out of gas. After a few back and forth phone calls and trying to get it started it started briefly and then died again. Long story short, I towed it to Kia. They said it was a sensor and the fuel pump just happened to go at the same time. So they had to fix both. Now, after talking to many people, they said that they seriously doubt that "both" would go at the "same" time. I walked away questioning if your company was taking advantage of me.

Fast forward-- I just brought my car in for service for an oil change. I knew my brake light has been flickering on and off at a downhill or fast stop. I suspected that my brake fluid was low. When I brought my car for service, I specifically asked them if they would be checking the fluids. The service person said "yes". While there for service I came around the corner to hear the mechanic commenting about my filter and stating that's he's waiting "for Mike to go try and sell me a new one".
Well, I drive away and of course the light started to flicker on downhill stops or quick stops. Checked the fluid and it was down at the minimum level. An inch between max to minimum. Which shows me they did NOT check the fluids as they said they were going to. Perhaps they shouldn't be concerned about "selling" me a 30 dollar filter and actually do their job as they are supposed to. Which completely makes me question the prior service about the fuel pump and sensor going "at the same time". I'm VERY disappointed in your company and will be looking for a new place to service my vehicle. And, I will make it very clear to everyone I know what has taken place. People take their vehicles to mechanics because we can fix them ourself. We are left to trust you. Your company"Wagner" has completely broken that.

Regards,
Jennifer Reilly

Customer Rating

It seems everytime I bring my car to Brown Daub Kia Service, they treat me like I don't know what I'm talking about. When I bought the car it had low profile tires, the steering wheel shook everytime I was on the highway and every three days one or more tires would lose air and the pressure indicator light would come on. I took the car back, they said the rim might be bent. They didn't fix it. I took it again, they said, low profile tires can look low...

I fianally bought new tires and rims after one of my tires went completely flat. I took them to BD Kia to have them put on. I asked, would I need an alignment?... they said no. I got my car back and it severely pulls to the right. I called them and they said changing tires has nothing to do with an alignment, but the tires could have worn and caused the alignment to be off. Knowing this...why wouldn't they have someone test drive the car to check? Now they want to charge me $80 to do an alignment and I will have to be without my car another day!

Companies Like Kia