Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Kathy Montgomery
Jan 18, 2015 - Bethel Springs, TN
Poor

I am writing in reference to an extremely negative experience I encountered when I visited your dealership located on University drive in Huntsville, AL. I was looking to purchase a 2013 Kia Forte - VIN KNAFT4A24D5672173 - advertised on the dealerships website for $11,625. When I arrived at the dealership I was instantly approached by a salesperson who was very nice and eager to help. I explained to him I wanted to see the vehicle advertised online and also wanted to see a new Forte so I could consider the options of buying the used car compared to the new car. His response was you cannot believe everything you see online. He stated that cars are placed online to get customers to the dealership and once there they could see what the dealership had to offer. He then proceeded to show me the new cars. Finally, he took me around and showed me the used cars. The 2013 that was advertised was on the lot. After we looked at the new and used Fortes, I asked him to get me a price quote for a new Forte and the 2013 Forte. He came back and gave me a price of $16,999 for the 2013 Forte that was advertised online for $11,625. I asked if I could borrow his computer to pull up the dealership website and show him the price of the car. When I pulled up the website he took the price over to his manager. He came back and stated the online pricing was 2014 pricing and since it is January 2015 the price has changed to 2015 pricing. We then offered to pay cash for the vehicle if the $11,625 price would be honored. The salesperson did not acknowledge the cash offer and quickly changed the conversation to encourage me to buy a new car. Also, when I first arrived at the dealership, I was asking to trade in a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I expected to have negative equity in the Fiesta. I currently owe $8,500 on the vehicle and using Kelly Blue Book as a guideline I expected to be offered around $5,000 for the trade in, I was extremely shocked when I was offered $3,300 for the trade in. However, my disappointment is un-related to the trade in. My disappointment in KIA is the fact KIA advertises prices online but refuses to honor the advertised price. Finally, I am not a customer who needs or relies on generous credit approvals. I was told by the salesperson that I was not a typical KIA customer. He stated most customers were in desperate situations and were just happy to be approved for a vehicle. I appreciate the KIA policy to approve all customers. However, I believe you reputation as a company would be better served if you honored advertised prices. It is unbelievable that a company advertises a price but refuses to honor it. Until yesterday, my plans were to trade in my Ford and get a KIA Forte. As of today, I am unsure how I feel about KIA.

Have you had problems with Kia?

Compare Kia to Similar Cars more...

Top 89 Reviews about Kia

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Kia customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I went into the Newton, NJ dealership a couple of weeks ago because of a mailing I got regarding their new showroom that had moved. The mailing had a number on it to match at the dealership for prizes. Mine didn't match but said I'd get a lottery ticket and $5 Walmart gift card. I got the ticket but not the gift card. But that's not my complaint....

I was approached by a salesman before I even shut my own car off and got out. I told him I came in because of the mailing but that I was looking for a used BMW or similar car. He took tons of information from me but said not to worry because it was for marketing purposes only. He told me that a couple of times.

The salesman was not from that dealership - he said he was from Michigan and traveled to different dealerships for short periods of time.

He then brought a car around for me to look at. One car. I didn't even get the offer of looking through the inventory. I reluctantly took it for a test drive after he opened the door for me to look at the interior and in the meantime, buckled himself into the passenger seat without even asking if I wanted to test drive it. He did not give me a price on the car. He told me we'd negotiate that later.

So we had some small talk while driving, and I inadvertently told him I was house-sitting for someone in the area. He proceeded to ask me if I could "take people there". I thought it was an odd question but shrugged it off. He then started telling me about his wife and how they have an "open relationship". (there was more to this but I don't think I need to go into such detail). Then he asked me at least twice during the test drive if I would go out for a drink with him. I got the impression he wanted to do it that minute but I don't know that for sure. Of course, I told him no.

Back at the dealership he proceeded to tell me how much money he makes - to impress me I guess. I really didn't care.

Upon arriving to the dealership and after the test drive, the salesman kept asking me if we had a deal that night. Before I drove the car I told him it was possible if I liked the car. After driving it, I wasn't sure. He would not give me a price!!! He then called over a woman he said was the finance person and she asked me if I would purchase the car that night. I told her I wasn't sure about the car and she walked away, again not giving me a price. I told both of them it would depend upon the price of the car. She told me that she WAS NOT going to contact a bank that night if I wasn't sure on it. And, I still don't know what they wanted for the damn car.

Also.....as I was leaving, I was again asked by the salesman if I'd go out with him.

Now, today, I get a letter in the mail stating that Kia turned down my credit application and it was reported to the 3 credit bureaus. First of all, I DID NOT fill out an application. Secondly, how can they run my credit if they won't even give me a price for the car????

I did not authorize a credit check. Of all the questions I answered for the salesman, he told me it was "for informational purposes only". No one told me they were doing a credit check that night. And I know that if I agreed to buy the car, they would have given me financing no matter what - my credit score is average. I am beyond livid.

Although the salesman showed a lack of class and acted unacceptably, I wrote it off to him just being a jerk. Then when I wasn't given a price (they said they'd give me a price if I said I'd take the car that night), and to top it all off, now I hear that my credit report was pulled and reported to the credit agencies. And I didn't even get the gift card for my trouble!

I have been telling my friends and family to NOT go to that dealership, but now I suppose I'll tell them to not deal with Kia at all.

If this is the way you do business, then I don't want anything to do with it nor would I want my friends to be subject to it.

Horrible

I went to this Kia Autosport with my girlfriend to look at used cars. She had previously went and got a quote for a used Sorento and was told she needed to come back with a down payment of $1,500. The salesperson we spoke to was less than enthused when we asked to look at the "used" cars. He, nonetheless, took us around and looked.

The Sorento was gone, but there was a cheaper Ford Focus. We then went inside to re-enter all of our information. The salesperson (Andrew) noticed we had been in before and got a quote on a different vehicle. He didn't indicate there was any problem with that.

Halfway through gathering our information, his manager (Aaron) walked over and began to berate my girlfriend and myself about our age (we're 25 and 26 respectively). He then looked over Andrew's shoulder and told him to stop and exit out. Aaron told Andrew to not even bother getting our credit information (mine wasn't even previously on file) and began telling my girlfriend (in a rude, loud tone) that she had come in before and was told she needed a co-signer.

I spoke up and told him that she was never told she needed a co-signer, just how much of a down payment, and he yelled "I don't care. She needs a co-signer." I mentioned I could co-sign and he laughed, told Andrew to exit out of the application and walked off before even bothering asking about my employment or credit score. Andrew, looking startled, then promptly apologized to us and told us his manager was "just ready to go home" and told us to have a nice day. I have never seen such unprofessionalism in my entire life!

Horrible

First, I would like to say that I have been a loyal Kia customer for years that have purchased several vehicles from your Stockton California Kia dealership. I recently purchased the 2015 Kia Soul (trade in 2012 KIA Soul ) and was treated with such disrespect and horrific customer service that my faith in the company as been rocked.

The Sales Manager's conduct has been absolutely deplorable and not what KIA or its stock brokers condone whatsoever and relegated the reputation of KIA to that of "The Unethical Commission Driven Shady Car Salesman". This cannot be how loyal Kia Customers can or should. Accept when you choose to purchase a vehicle or in my case several from the company .

The lies to my family and how he conducted himself would embarrass Kia administration at the corporate level and stock brokers as well would find it unacceptable.

If this reaches a member of top management with Kia I would appreciate a return phone call/email to discuss my issues and length, and I would like some form of Corporate Kia Management intervention regarding my situation .

Trust is the cornerstone in business and is what is expected when you purchase a major vehicle like an automobile and when you are a loyal customer to a major company in America is supposed to mean something.

I'm glad this complaint opportunity is available as I was informed by the Account Manager, Terry Hill, that she was the highest anyone could go in terms of complaints which is absolutely not true.

I would love the president of Kia or a member of the Board of Directors or someone from the stockholders portion Kia to read this and to attempt to contact me regarding my concerns and time sensitive issue .

If I and other loyal Kia customers here in California and across this country who believe that Kia is a outstanding company who value their customers are to remain loyal, it needs to reciprocated by KIA. I need to know that I and those I've recommended to KIA have not been fools for spending our hard earned dollars with KIA Corporation.

Horrible

I purchase a Kia Soul in 2013. I love the vehicle. Last November/14, I went to the dealership to have my winter tires put on (which I had purchased from the dealer), and I had asked them to check the breaks because they had been squeaking. I was told that the break pads needed sanding and the cost is around $450 and nothing covered under warranty. I only had 9500 KM on the vehicle and was told it's part of regular maintenance and the cause was "lack of use". I'm sorry I have owned a few vehicles and never heard of such a thing. I use it every day to and from work. There was many emails back and forth with the sales person who by the way was very eager to help.

Finally, I had to call the service manager and after much discussion she had agreed to speak with Kia Canada and see if anything could be done. Well guess what I never heard another word. April/15 arrives and I go to the dealer to have my summer tires put on, and they tell me if I don't get the pads sanded I will need a break job, so I went ahead and $480 later not very happy.

I have spoken to other Kia owners who tell me the same thing has happened to them, also mentioned to mechanics and other car dealers. I think we are all in agreement that maybe there is a problem with the break pad themselves, the quality is not there. I don't know if anything can be done to look into this matter, but I am worried that this is going to happen again. Thank you for your time and I would love to hear from you soon.

Horrible

I purchased a 2013 Kia Rio in Oct. 2014 from Kia of Union City, GA. I financed it for one month with Kia Finance, paying it in full on 11/10/2014. That is over 5 months ago, but the dealer has not given me the title and won't tell me why it is taking so long. Each month, I've been getting temporary tags from the dealer one month and the DMV the next. I've been going back and forth for month now doing all the legwork even though I paid the dealer over $700 in dealer fees to process the sale.

The DMV discovered the dealer has been changing the sales date on the contract so they can keep issuing temporary tags. The DMV also discovered, as I suspected, there is a lien on the car. In essence, I was sold a car the dealer did not own outright. I believe that is illegal. So, now I've paid for a car that is titled to someone else and a dealer who is doing nothing to satisfy the lien so I can own the car free and clear, as was the intention of the sale.

This dealer is dishonest, disreputable, and a crook. I bought the car for my niece, who needs it for work. We have no problem with the car, only the way we have been treated and the horrible realization that I have wasted my money if I cannot get title to this car. I called a lawyer today. We will sue Kia for every penny I have spent for this car, and then some. If you can help, I beg you to please do so.

Poor

Bought my first Kia Soul . 2010 with over 40,000 miles ended up being more than a new vehicle. Sould have learned my lesson. Every time I go for an oil change they want to know if I want to buy a new car. Explain each time my first encounter. They proceed to tell me they have new management. Decided to give them another try. My daughter bought a new car. The payments were set up to be biweekly though a company that paid the payment to the bank . Money was taken out but never sent to bank making payment late because of improper paper work from Kia. no return call from Kia . Also had encouraged my brother to check with them about a car which he bought this year,. Very disappointed in Kia and will never encourage anyone else to go. Should not have to write a letter of complaint,should be able to talk to a human being that really cares about there business. Everyone works hard for there money and would like to be given a chance to afford one and be proud of there cars.

Good

My complaint is the radio. I listen only to AM and many times when listening I go over a small bump, and there is a quick snap and the radio volume goes up or down. The dealer said it was the antenna and replaced it. Same thing. Quality of sound is bad. I listen mostly AM 1100 WTAM a 50,000 watt clear channel station in Cleveland, OH and the dealer told me it was a weak station.

They advertise they cover 38 states and half of Canada but like you they might exaggerate a little. Since I am with 35 miles from the broadcasting tower, I do not think the poor quality of volume is because they have a weak signal. I love my radio and enjoy listening to it but the quality of the sound on this radio is worse than poor. My last car was a Mitsubishi and it had a wonderful radio, and I would hope to have the same with this car. I currently have a 2014 Kia Forte 5 which so far has been more than satisfactory other than the radio. Can someone help correct or if necessary replace this radio?

Poor

The following is the final paragraph of a letter I sent to the dealer from whom I purchased my 2014 Rio, and was sent following the first service and dated 12th May 2014. I forwarded this same letter to your "surveyscustomer services" e mail address on 31st March 2015. I have not to date received a reply from any source. Good relationships??
"In a nutshell, I felt my treatment was somewhat off hand and cavalier in fashion, I was not offered the opportunity to discuss any of the cars features with staff, all in contrast to the manner in which I was treated by the staff of John Hughes when I purchased a car from that company some 8 years ago. In closing, I am perfectly satisfied with the vehicle, but suggest your staff be reminded that people are more important than the vehicles they own." P.S. I am 93 years,old. been driving cars and airplanes for 70 years!

Horrible

I have had trouble with the radio since I bought the car a year ago. I use the AM almost all the time. When going over a bump there will be e crack and the volume goes down or up. There is often static and weak reception. I listen to radio WTAM a 50,000 watt clear channel station in Cleveland, Ohio and am within 25 miles of the tower. The service manager told me I listen to a weak station. Pardon me, but this station can be heard for hundreds of miles from Cleveland. They told me it needed a new antenna which was replaced, but it didn't help at all. I want a radio that works and do not appreciate being told they can not find the problem or blame it on a weak station. I know this does not happen al the time since sometimes it is constant and other times happens constantly. I have not noticed it on the FM side because I do not use FM much. It also seems to happen more often when the radio is cold.

Bad

I purchased a 2015 Kia Soul last week. I'm very upset that your service department wanted to sale me a spare tire kit for $244. I just spent $22,000 with you. I was told that Kia doesn't offer spare tires because of the 24 hour roadside assistance. I live in a very rural area with desolate roads, cell phone service is hit or miss so you want me to walk somewhere to find phone reception and sit on the side of the road for hours waiting for them not to even give me a new tire?!?!? I can change my flat in 10 to 15 mins. I'm a single woman so your telling me that's its safe for me to get outta my car to walk and find phone reception and then walk back to my car and sit for hours waiting. Umm yea not safe and not happening. KIA NEEDS TO GIVE ME A SPARE TIRE!!!! I plan on making complaints everywhere and anywhere I can!!! I will not recommend KIA to anyone for this very reason, and wil take my business somewhere else next time. Over a tire!! Just sad!!! This is ridiculous!!! Put spare tires in your vehicles. Not concerned with your customers safety at all!!!!

Bad

This car has been the worst car I have ever owned! I bought the car used on September 20th of 2014. It is a 2008 Kia Rio LX. It has 97000 miles on it. I drove it for about 2-3 weeks. On October 7, 2014, the car idled funny and before I could make it home, it had a major loss of power not going over 20 mph. Well, we finally got the car home and hooked a scanner on it. They pulled P0016 and P0300 codes on it. Because of the various codes, we agreed to put it in the shop to get fixed. Finally, we received a call today from the mechanic. He was out sick with pneumonia and had tons of work to catch up on so it took him a while. It turns out, the cylinders 1-3 had bad coils and cylinder 4 had no compression meaning that the valves on that cylinder are damaged. My timing belt was not broke and was actually replaced as maintenance because we did not know when the previous (and original) owner changed it or if they had and we wanted to be on the safe side. The belt and all the teeth were fine. The car had not jumped time. Basically, from what we can gather, the coils went out and somehow made the valve go bad.

That's the best we can figure. When we bought the car it had no warning lights on of any sort. All of a sudden, in normal weather and driving conditions it messed up that bad? I don't think so! This was a fault in the car that got worse over time until it messed up my engine. I have two kids, work a full time job, and go to college and I have no way to get anywhere I need to get. Well, then I contact a Kia dealer to see about the warranty. They tell me that because I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle, the warranty is only for 5yrs/60,000 miles and not the factory warranty. So, just because I didn't own it first when it was brand new, they won't cover it under warranty. The fact that I am the second owner doesn't have any bearing on this car or its problems!!!!! It seems to me that Kia wants to get out of warranties so they apparently make very bad decisions like this. From all the complaints I have seen, nobody keeps Kias long so they don't have to worry about fixing their screw ups! I will never buy a kia again! In addition to that, I will be filing a complaint with the BBB as well as posting my story on every site that allows complaints of this nature. I am usually a person that takes things in stride and doesn't get this upset, but this is ridiculous!! If the warranty was good enough for the original owner, it should be good enough for me! If they had faith in their vehicles, it would be also. I want everyone considering a kia to know what they are getting themselves into because nobody should have to deal with this crap!

If for some miracle of a reason, Kia decides they want to talk, call 903-389-8802. If they fixed this like they should, I will post a rebuttal and be fair. If they decide to fix this mistake of a car, I will post that experience as well because that is just the type of person I am. I do not want something for nothing. I just want what I feel is right. Otherwise, you will see more complaints from me on different sites as well as hearing from me on the BBB complaint.

Bad

I'm concerned that I may have a problem that could cause a wreck. Enterprise told me when I purchased the car that I had a 10 year 100,000 warranty. So why haven't I been notified about recalls? I have a 2008 KIA Optima, purchased in July 2009 from Enterprise. Why haven't I been notified of recalls?

Bad

Purchased 2015 Kia Soul Red Zone on December 31,2014 from Paul Brown Kia in Olean, NY and I am having problems with the paint. The red strips on the sides are fading and the black on the lower panels looks as if they were sand blasted. Day I purchased vehicle I requested mud flaps but was told Kia didn't make them for this model and couldn't be put on. I only have 1800 miles on the car and already needs a paint job. Traded in my 2012 Soul which didn't have a mark on it for this car which you can't even touch it without leaving a scratch on it. Dealership told me it needed mud flaps and go to an Auto Zone and have a pair of generics put on it. Never have been so disappointed in a vehicle as I am with this one!!

Horrible

On Feb 20-took My Sorento in because of loss of power while driving- Cost me 432.36 for repairs- Yesterday while driving through 5 lanes of Atlanta traffic-It looses power again-How dangerous is that? It did this several times before I arrived at home. I have taken it in again- We will see what happenes! Very dissatisfied with KIA-- Paying cash for this vehicle will never happen again.

Poor

My lease ends April 4, 2015. On 3/24/15 around 5:30pm I arrived at Roseville Kia to drop of my lease vehicle. I called them a week ahead of time and told them I needed to drop off my leased vehicle before April 4th and was told it was okay to do so. When I arrived I was greeted by a man in the parking lot. I informed him I was here to drop off my vehicle, he took my keys and asked me to go inside and speak with the manager. The conversation between the manager (stocky Asian Man) and I started off good until I told him I want to return car and not purchase. I went over my miles and understood I was obligated to pay. I’m sure I was not the first person in this situation. He got really defensive and questioned why I don’t want to keep the car. My whole experience changed after that.

I was asked to have a seat while he looked into my account. After sitting for about 30 mins, the manager finally come over to me and inform me I can’t leave my car there and that I would have to make my last payment before I could return the car. I showed him paperwork showing my lease ends April 4th, he rudely said even though it states my lease ends April 4, 2015 I have to make April car payment and return by May 4, 2015. I informed him that I will make my payment but I need to keep the car here because I’m not going to be driving it and that it would be difficult to find someone to give me a ride home. He did not care and basically treated me like dirt and refused to help me in any kind of way. When I asked what he recommends, he told me I need to call customer service and that there was nothing he could do for me.

When I asked him what would be the difference between leaving it today or bringing it back in a few weeks, he could not give me a concrete answer and his final answer was I couldn’t leave the car because he did not have room to keep the car at his location. I asked if I could use their phone to call customer service because my phone was dying and he was hesitant on letting me use the company phone. I felt like if I came there with the intention to return my current Kia for a new Kia my whole experience would have been a lot different because he would have gotten an incentive. When I contacted customer service the next day, I spoke with Jamie and she informed me the car must be returned by April 4, 2015 and she was puzzled as well on why Roseville Kia would not accept my car.

That was the worse experience I have ever had dealing with a car dealership and the manager at Roseville Kia was not professional at all and needs more customer service training. If he was not familiar with the lease end process he should have at least offered to have someone call me the next day that could assist me. I have arrangements to take it to Davis Kia which is an inconvenience because I have to find someone who has time to drive to Davis to pick me up once I leave the car when I had already taken it to a Kia dealership. As a manager he has an obligation to represent the company in a professional manner and now every time I see a Kia vehicle in passing I think of that awful rude Asian manager at Roseville Kia. First impressions last a lifetime.

Bad

Service is bad really bad 5 hr wait every time, on top of that I have to keep calling the service dep for a part they keep telling me oh it was sent back because you dident come in , I dident revive a phone call how was I suppose to know this is the 3rd time wow. Love the car but the service is so bad won't be buying a Kia in the future and I have a lease.

Poor

I have a 2012 Kia Optima and have been having problems with the engine for the year. The engine has gone out. They are telling me that warranty will not cover it because I had 2 receipts missing for oil changes. I had the oil changed just don't have the receipts. Even if I didn't have the oil changed you can not tell me that a lack of 2 oil changes would cause the engine to go out. Someone needs to make this right. I can't believe the whole warranty would be void. I will be obtaining a lawyer and will be talking to the local news about this problem.

Poor

It is my pleasure to write to you to have more information from you, of the technical problems encountered in my car Kia Model Sport age 2012 and holds the base number (CNAPC81127279052) and always agent here in the Kingdom of Bahrain Ihamleuena responsibility. A year ago, and I'm going to work in the morning the car does not work, when I take the car to our local agency I find the car battery was Damage ((without any alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights )).

Two days ago, my car doesn’t work and I took to the agency and on the next day they call me, saying that the engine oil has become fat. And to preview the car you need to pay an amount equal to $ 700 . My question is directed to the caller (Why did the alarm Light alert in the dashboard indicator lights didn’t display about engine Oil alarm). The answer was that all Kia vehicles manufactured, alarm dashboard indicator lamp does not support this kind of issue. And also I told them that the car has not completed the age of three years and it run only 45934 km away. Which car is still under warranty? They said the imbalance in the engine does not include a warranty.

Good

I LOVE my 2014 Kia Optima but I have a complaint about it. The passenger seat is entirely too low, it should have been made to adjust like the driver seat is. Other owners that I know that own the Optima have the same complaint as well. In manufacturing your newer models please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Poor

I've never seen such a piece of junk manufactured in my life...this car was the worst investment I ever made... I purchased a 2005 kia rio about a year and a half ago...thought it was a good deal with only 80 thousand kms on it...well, after only owning this car for a year and a half.... the car shut down, I had it towed and was told that the timing belt broke, and most likely my motor is gone! Are you kidding me? A simple belt can ruin and entire engine? I'd like to be alongside the brilliant one who decided this would be a great feature to add to the car when they made it...

I have no warranty, no money to fix it or even know for sure if the engine is shot...but based on the mechanic's opinion, 98% of the time, that is the issue...I had to go buy a new car right after Christmas... yeah, thanks Kia...I will never buy from you again!!!!!!!!

I brought in my kia for a diagnosis. They came back three hours later saying I needed a module so windows would work. With there price to high I purchased a genuine kia part for much less from a nother site and put it in. No change so I recieved a misdiagnose. Broughtnit back and they fixed it. The issue is now since I turned the key for a few seconds to see if the partworked a charge went through the board and is nonreturnable. do to their misdiagnosis the repurcussions are im stuck with a 250.00 part I dont need they are unwilling to take the part and make it right no credit nothing but soooorrrryyyy.

Were gonna make you eat the mistake repurcussions we made and sweep this under the rug so we dont have to take responsibility and tarnish our image. Thanks kia for maaking life more difficult than it needs to be.

Contact the Kia Complaint Department