MetLife Customer Service

Contact MetLife Corporate

Toll free phone number: 212-578-2211

Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in short MetLife is among the largest company into insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. MetLife’s individual life insurance products and services comprise term life insurance and several types of permanent life insurance, including whole life, universal life, and final expense whole life insurance. The company also offers group life insurance, provided through employers, which consists of term life, permanent life, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.

MetLife is the largest life insurer in the United States, based on life insurance in-force. MetLife's CEO is Steve Kandarian he's also served as the company's chairman of the board and president. If you have a problem and need to contact the corporate headquarters, the address is1095 Avenue of the Americas in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.

As in many large, public corporations, MetLife has a compensation committee which establishes compensation levels for the company's senior executives. MetLife compensation emphasizes variable performance-based compensation over fixed or guaranteed pay. MetLife has a diverse product mix which included insurance home, car and life variable life annuities and structured settlements, commercial mortgages and securities backed by commercial mortgages, and sovereign debt.

Common complaints filed again MetLife’s individual life insurance products and services comprise term life insurance and several types of permanent life insurance, including whole life, universal life, and final expense whole life insurance. MetLife offers group dental benefit plans for individuals, employees, retirees and their families and provides dental plan administration for over 20 million people and many other services under their bucket now stands as the single largest company.

MetLife Contact Information

212-578-2211

24 hours a day online

Browse reviews of other Life Insurance

Top MetLife Complaints

Was a customer for a few years when we added a 16 year old driver. Rates were high. We switched companies but Met Life continued to take the payroll deduction for 3 cycles. This has been going on for 6 weeks and we have still not received a refund.

In the last month I have not been able to log into my account. Each time I try to sign in with "forgot password", get coded and it will still not let me into my account. Each time this happens I call customer service and they change my password but when I try to get in, it states that my account is not recognized. I am totally frustrated. I emailed customer service and explained everything and send back and tell me to get in touch with customer service. I do not think they even read my email. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phyllis

I was a LOYAL MetLife advisor for 36 years and made the transition with Mass Mutual when we were sold, over the past few months MetLife's customer service has gone from bad to worse. I have had elderly clients pass away, I complete the death claim paperwork and when I follow up 2/3 weeks later I am told it will be another 4 to 6 weeks. This is wrong!! All documents submitted were in order, yet nothing is getting done.
Please help!! I would like a response to this! You can email or call #1-216-285-1966.
Mark

I have been giving nothing but the rum around...Call after call lies after lies for My MONEY

My policy number is 21711922 and client no. 53559470
Dear Sir,
i have follow up for my policy documents but my policy original documents not yet received
Thanks and Regards
Chhotu More

Your representative lied about my two tickets fakingof when I tried to renegotiate my premium.. In order to keep the policy in force. I CANCELLED my policy and now they are trying to get me for another $800+ in premiums... I'm going to the insurance commissioner about they're unethical business practices

MetLife make life extremely difficult after the loss of a love one. They are horrible at processing a life insurance claim. The cover sheet on the claims packet,has all these wonderful lines like please accept our condolences during this difficult time.Another great one is we recognize this may be a challenging time for you.but the best one is were committed to processing your claim as quickly as possible. Once we receive all your information,we are able to process a typical claim within 5-7 business days.Its been over 30 days with no end in sight. They will tell you anything just to get you off the phone. There is absolutely no accountability! It's just a race to the bottom of a one time great company. THEY JUST DONT CARE!

My name is hastina robinson...please tell me why my premium for life ins went up to 55.00 my social is 203 54 2415 9/24/1970 is my birthday. 4127 tunbridge place memphis tn 38141 is my address. My agent kalkstein wont respond

I am a Registered Nurse at Kaiser Permanente and I am on workmen's compensation. I applied for your services after I had been off more than 90 days. At the end of February a claims specialist Diane Holmes left me a message to contact her to schedule an appointment for interview questions. We played phone tag for a couple of days, then finally spoke and scheduled an appointment for March 4th. I sat on my couch and waited for her to call at 0900 a.m. No call. At 0930 a.m. I received a 3rd party call for my job. When I took that call I told the gentlemen I'm expecting another call and will need to disconnect when it comes through. No call or message from Diane Holmes ever came. On March 18th I faxed my paperwork to her that was sent to me in the mail previously. On March 19th I received a letter she had been trying to contact me and will delay or close my case if I did not contact her. I was surprised to receive that letter because I am off of work and available to speak with anyone who can process my claim so I can receive my benefits. I have had no missed calls or messages from her in March which verizon will be able to prove since every call incoming, outgoing and messaged can easily be detected on all phones. I immediately called and left her a message. No call back. I then spoke with an available representative( Lucy?) who could not ask me the required questions however, told me she would send Diane a message to please release the questions for anybody to interview me and she would have Valerie the team lead for Diane to give me a call. She proceeded to tell me dates Diane documented that she "called me" which were ALL false. After not receiving a call from Valerie, I called back to speak with anyone again so I can answer these questions. The representative I spoke with this time told me the other representative never put in the message to Valerie and that she would put the message through for her to call me. She also gave me dates and times Diane " falsely documented she called me". I was also told by her that she usually interviews members for the claims specialist and does not see a block on my case and does not understand why the questions have been released. Valerie finally called with an accusatory attitude like I was lying about Diane not calling me saying that she did. I said, "as an injured employee seeking compensation why would I not answer the call of the lady who could get my process going for my case"? Why would I lie on her? I don't know her. I feel MetLife employees are doing this on purpose to wear the member out so they will give up and you all don't have to pay us. I requested to speak to her supervisor. I left a message for Rose Shutter to return my call about what happened. She responded quickly, I told her the story and I asked her to have a conversation with Valerie about her attitude as well as look into Diane saying she called me but, did not. She assured me she would listen to the messages left and check for the dates she said she called and left a message. She also arranged for me to get a new claims specialist. I did answer the questions with her on 3/27. Over a week later I called Rose and on several occasions left a message. After about the third message she finally contacted me on 4/11 and proceeded to tell me she heard Diane leave me a message. I said, "yeah probably from February when said we played phone tag but, none from March which she has documented. I informed her this is false and I will escalate this, and thankfully whether you want things recorded or not my phone company will be able to get documentation and we will request for all of your company's "proof" that she called on all the documented days. Phone bills don't lie but people do. This has delayed my case tremendously and has affected me financially. This e-mail is being recorded and this case will be escalated. I expect to hear from someone soon about this case. Diane and the whole team that is covering up for her need to be reprimanded. It is unethical to intentionally lie on people who have worked hard and got injured and now need your company's assistance. You all have been payed from my company and now that I'm injured I need to be payed.

I have been out of work since January this year on short term disability. On three different times my pay has been cut off due to waiting on Dr. notes. It is beyond me to figure out how you just up and get well from congestive heart failure and atrial fibrillation in a month or so but, I did not get the Doctors notes in time so we stopped your pay twice this year. Now I am going on long term disability with COPD which has been a problem throughout my disability. Of course just because I was going on long term disability in 30 days with out the notes from my Dr. visit we will cut off Mr. Hughes' pay one more time since he my have gotten well just before he gets on long term disability with no notice. I believe a little common since would come in handy your line of work.
Michael B. Hughes Claim #731811190355

I have already contacted a number of Metlife Customer Service Employees. Names and Contact Information will be provided if needed. My
question, which has yet to be answered, is why is my Metlife Policy 852532928 PR, purchased approx. 33 years, dividends not covering the
Policy's Annual Premium? I have several other Whole Life Insurance Policies with another company, that aren't as old as my Metlife Policy, and
their Annual Dividends are paying for the Annual Premiums with interest.

I just noticed online that Metlife sold their Advisors for $300 Million Dollars to MassMutual and I also read that Metlife no longer sells Life
Insurance. Based on what I'm reading are either of these changes impacting my Metlife Policy's Financial Performance?

Another concern I have is since my Policy's Dividends are not adequate enough to cover my Policy's Annual Premium. The Policy's Built-Up
Interest is being reduced to cover the Annual Premium Shortage. When I asked why no one from Metlife has contacted me to address the fact
that in as little as four years or less the Policy's Interest will be depleted and I will start receiving bills for my Annual Premiums? I was told that
Metlife sends out Annual Policy Reports. My response was unless I knew where to look for what was happening I wouldn't know how bad the
situation was.

As a Policy Holder I think Metlife has a responsibility to contacted me, if I didn't contact them first, to address Policy issues like the depletion of my
Policy's Built-Up Policy Interest and what if anything could have been done to avoid my having to pay out of pocket for the Policy's Annual
Premium once the Policy's Interest is depleted.

I'm no insurance Expert but, in my opinion based on my Other Company's Similar Whole Life Policies Performance, My only conclusion has to be
my Metlife's Insurance Policy is underperforming and has been for a long period of time. The fact that Metlife has allowed this to continue
without trying to provide me with alternatives concerns me.

Just so you know I'm a very Private Person and do little to no Online Communications nor do I provide any Personal Information because my ID
Information has already been stolen when the Credit Agency was hacked. Now because a number of Metlife Employees refuse to provide a
answers to my questions about my Metlife's Policy's Performance I'm forced to send this Online Complaint. I was also told by a Metlife Employee
that although other Metlife Departments may have the information they were asking me for if I refused to provide that information she couldn't
respond to any of my questions.

When I told her that in her Last E-Mail Response to me she misspelled my name, although all of the information I'm providing in this complaint
was included in that E-Mail it make me wonder if she really does work for Metlife. Her next response didn't address my Name Concern she only
stated that she needed Additional Personal Information before she could answer my questions.

So to get back to my reason for sending this complaint. Can anyone at Metlife respond to my questions about why my 33 Year Old Whole Life
Insurance Policy isn't performing to the point where the Annual Dividends are paying for the Annual Premiums and why hasn't anyone from Metlife
contacted me well before the Policy's Built-Up Interest was almost depleted where I will have to begin paying out-of-pocket for the Annual
Premiums?

Thomas R. Leonard
420 North main Street
Taylor Pa 18517-1108

(570) 562-3494

ctronald@comcast.net

MetLife double bill customers. Take over 30 days for any refunds to be sent . Poor customer service !!!!!

On 8th Sept l visited your Jammu branch regarding payment of premium of policy of my wife.l was informed by staff that they will accept only cheque from the policy holder. When l insisted that the change of rules should be conveyed to the policy holder in advance the staff present there started misbehaving with me. They were more agitated when l asked them to give in writing the reason for not accepting my cheque.After lot of persuasion they gave in writing the reason for refusing the cheque, but refused to sign it with saying that they are not there to listen to your dictates. The staff present there were without l cards & when l asked them their identity they got furious & misbehaved & threatened me. I being an old man of 70 yrs had no option to retreat when all the goons(staff) started threatening me .No senior officer of the branch was available at that time & l was unable to make any complaint. I hope your organisation will take suitable disciplinary action against these persons who didn’t had iota of courtesy towards a customer & more so a senior sitizen whosoe only fault was that he asked them that lf some changes are made in rules the customer should also be informed to avoid inconvenience. People expect more courteous employees in pvt undertakings & if such type of persons are running these undertaking then l think Doomsday is not far off. l hope you will take severe possible disciplinary action against these erring employees.

A.K Magotra
46/5 Trikuta Nagar , Jammu
Mob: 9796030003

WORST TELEPHONE REPS FROM THE USA EVER! RUDE WOMEN. WASTED 1.5 HOURS OF MY TIME TODAY FOR A SIMPLE MATTER. I WOULD NEVER BUY A PRODUCT FROM MET LIFE! STAY AWAY! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

I'm a single mother that's trying me best to work and support my family. I can't buy food for my household I have used all my 401k trying to pay my rent. I'm unable to live just paying MetLife along. They take my whole check. They were supposed to take $977.90 i spoke to miss Bridgette on 03/12/18 @ 10:59 am a nice employee. out my account I called my bank they try taking out a thousand and some dollars that weren't the agreement. EVERY two weeks my account is negative $700 and some dollars. They canceled me I thought I had food money to buy grocery they ask me for $350.00 I'm scared lost but just work and give them what they ask for. I know you don't care about my family issue but please I beg you to get me on track I need one set amount I'm trying not get a cancellation but I need one set monthly payment are for it to come out my check as before. One rude male employees from MetLife told me to keep the money in my account. He had no right to tell anyone that I ask you to listen to all record conversation. Now they told me on 03/18/2018 there taking out again my current balance is $2,537.00 I cant afford this need a loan to get food in my house now. I need one set payment know cancellation, I have asked for help they ask for son report card set in that no deduction. I know I need insurance but everyone it's a different price for me. I'm unable to live it's getting so bad I'm about to have the cars repossessed. If I get a cancellation now I have to pay DMV and MetLife. PLease, I renew in June take out $500.00 I have to eat, pay rent, bills are since I filled out the form for payroll deduction take out $250.00 every two weeks. I have to survive. My twenty-four-year-old son was helping me but he's a survival from Oct 1, 2017, shooting he's not working that many hours. My account now is $769.39 I'm scared if I don't have money in the account as the employee of MetLife ask he might cancel my insurance. Please tell me what can I do to get a set payment? $500.00 a month are $250.00 every two weeks. its depression to see 0 on a check after working day after day. I need groceries, pay my power bill, water bill, and gas bill. Need transportation. I have been with MetLife for a while. in 2015-2016 not sure what year I was working every day midlife drooped me unexpectedly I called they asked me to pay $1600 dollars I said for what? You're not working we stop deducting from your pay role I didn't ask you how did you think I was on FMLA when I worked Every day they just didn't check. so I paid $700.00 no problem they started taking from my check every two weeks. but now they make me pay all these payments to fill out a form for payroll deduction. No one apologized either for not checking to see that I was working nor from unexpectedly drooped my payroll deduction. Now I have accepted the rudeness from the employee and I'm trying to have money in my account as the employee requested but MetLife the only bill getting paid. My apartment wants $3 thousand and some dollars. don't have 401k I have run out of option unable to call home my mother passed away four years ago. I so depressed behind this I focused on losing my cars are speaking to that employee again asking me this time what happen we couldn't deduct the money. spoke 05/08/2018@ 12:45pm

I spent a whole day trying to access my account information because I needed to make a change to my auto insurance policy. I couldn't log into my account so I called customer service. I selected the call back option from their automated line. A few minutes later my cell rang but when I answered no one was on the line. That happened three times. I called customer service again. I was told there was a technical issue with their website and the representative offered me a "password that would work" to get into my account TOMORROW. I told her I needed to make a change TODAY because the automatic payment could go through as soon as tomorrow. She told me she couldn't help me make any changes and transferred me to another department. After giving them all of my personal information, I was told I had the wrong department and had to be transferred again. After I was transferred another customer service rep kept saying "hello" like she couldn't hear me. I called back again and spoke to someone who couldn't find any of my information in their system. Then he asked how I purchased my policy. I was again told that I had the wrong department and they couldn't help me over the phone. He gave me an email address and told me it could take 3 to 5 business days for a response. I explained the situation but he couldn't help. He then told me I was trying to access my policy through the wrong MetLife website. He gave me the internet address for another website. I went to that website and still can't access my account. Finally, I sent an email and an online complaint form but that won't help because it could take days to solve a simple problem. By then, my bank account will be debited. At this point, I just want to cancel my insurance with this company. I'm right back at Step 1 after wasting a whole day trying to contact someone in customer service that could help me. I would have been satisfied had I been able to simply access my own account online. This is the second time I've gotten this kind of run around. I can never access my policy information and I can never get a straight answer or a direct solution. I'm finished with MetLife Auto. They want to take my money every month but seem to offer nothing in return. I can't even access a printout of my insurance information and they haven't sent me any contract or paperwork in the mail. There's something really shady about the way this company does business.

I was paying my car insurance bill this morning the customer service lady Joyce tell me to hold on for 7_8min and then come back with a confirmation number and i then ask her what happened she applied this is how we do stuff i asked her to speak with a supervisor and she hang up what kind of service is this.

I am a Kroger employee who is disabled. I bought Long Term Disability insurance through MetLife. When I first went out on disability, MetLife's representative denied my claim. After over two month, hundreds of phone calls to both my employer and MetLife customer service, I spoke to a supervisor (just as my wife and I were about to be evicted for not being able to pay our rent) a new case manager was appointed to my case.

I never did get an apology from MetLife corporate. Upon application for Long Term Disability, I was forced to obtain additional copies of my medical records because Long Term Disability is in a different division than Short Term Disability. They denied my application and an appeal was filed on my behalf. When the same refusals to answer questions, refusals to return phone calls, and non-available claim managers I asked my attorney to contact MetLife.

Once MetLife realized I had an attorney, they refused to return my attorney's phone calls, refused to call my attorney, attempted to circumvent my art by calling me directly, etc. Essentially, they ran out the clock, then told me that my only recourse was to call Kroger. Kroger says there's nothing they can do without an official appeal which is only available on the employee website, which I can no longer access.

My mother was insured with Met Life. She died 12 years ago and I called Met Life at that time. I was looking at unclaimed properties and several accounts with my mother's appeared. Met Life sent these accounts to the state. I now have to go through the unclaimed property process. Thanks a lot Met Life management, your service sucks. Oh and I was told if I needed insurance to be sure to call. You've got to be kidding.

I have been a member of MetLife for a number of years now as it is a good program for the elderly. I received a cancellation notice in the mail on April 21, 2015. I did not request this cancellation and was surprised in getting it. I called the company the very day I received the notice. The operator was very rude and completely unprofessional. She did not help me one bit saying that there was nothing that could be done about reversing the cancellation! Is this how your company treats their senior citizens?!?! I am very disappointed in the way the staff at MetLife treated me and just cancelled my plan with no warning or discussion with me! I have never missed a payment so this type of behavior is unwarranted!!

I got the best quote for my retirement plan in MetLife and really grateful to the advisory committee. MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more. It has individual plans, group plans, child plans, online sales, financial advisory portals and also NAV tracker available for us. You can be a advisor for privileged customers if you are interested in. Do login to MetLife website, register your account and get the complete details , service alerts online.

Have feedback for MetLife?