Liberty Mutual Customer Service

Contact Liberty Mutual Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-837-5254

Liberty Mutual Group, is more commonly known by the name of its primary line of business which is Liberty Mutual Insurance. The business is an American diversified global insurer, and the second-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States.

If you have an issue with your Liberty Mutual policy and want to contact the CEO, try David H. Long. He took over as Chief Executive from Edmund F. Kelly on June 29, 2011 and has been focused on customer service from the day he took over the company. Liberty now has a complaints address called the Presidential Service Team at 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116.

To contact corporate, write to the official headquarters at 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts. The company provides customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-837-5254 and 24/7 Roadside Assistance at 1-800-426-9898. You can also file claims 24/7 online at their website.

Liberty Mutual remains a mutual company where policyholders holding contracts for insurance are considered shareholders in the company. The company created a television commercial in 2006 about people doing good things for strangers, reporting that the "overwhelming" positive response they received for the ad led to their decision to create the website The Responsibility Project.

Liberty Mutual Contact Information

• Liberty Mutual headquarters address

• 175 Berkeley Street
    • Boston
    • MA 02116

1-800-837-5254

Mon.-Fri. 8 am-10pm, Sat. 8am-8 pm (all times are EST)

Browse reviews of other Life Insurance

Top Liberty Mutual Complaints

The Towing Service Cross County Motor Club is horrible this is the second time I used them and they are never on time always send texts saying they will be there, Its to many lies dealing with these people. My insurance is going up for renewal with these inconveniences of your roadside service I will be looking for another insurance company. Cross County motor club

TAMMY L. MCKNIGHT, is my claims representative. I feel that she is very unprofessional the way she is handling my claim. It is my feelings that the way she is handling things is a form of harassment. Everything she asked for has been provided. However, she then make a new ridiculous request which appears to me that she is trying to prolong my claim. I feel that she is really trying to make things very difficult. She does not appear to be knowledgeable about her job. She also sent my estimate to someone outside of Liberty Mutual, not related to my claim without me having prior knowledge. She asked for things that other professionals have never heard of. Things that are clearly covered in my claim, she appears to not want to pay for. I am asking you to (PLEASE, PLEASE)!
Supervise TAMMY L. MCNIGHT work.
CAT INSIDE RES SPECIALIST III
P.O. Box 515097
Los Angeles, CA 90051-5097
Direct Dial: (469) 997-3928
Facsimile: (888) 268-8840
I carry homeowners insurance for peace of mine. I always thought I was in good hands with Liberty Mutual. However, I am not so sure any more! Please review this situation. Beginning with my initial call to make this claim, I was dealt with in a negative, unprofessional, discouraging manner.

Please help!

my ML350 is still broken the two main dealerships took back their statements about it NOT BEING FROM THE ACCIDENT to were unable to tell so now i have the same issues that took place after me being rear ended in the car accident my insurance company left me high and dry saying we paid for what we paid for were done and hung up on me 22 times out of the 100 times i tried to reach out ive managed to collect the paper work on this ML350 dating back to 2007 the birth of the ML350 i owned my ML350 for 2 months and one week before she hit the back of my fully stopped ML350 at the red light cracking my oil coolant my power steering pump messing up my gas tank i dont know where my gas is at at all it stops working sometimes and i will stall out and it will say i have half a tank but really have nothing im the victim here i was hit in the back and now my insurance company is letting me drive in a car that was hit from the back and is now having serious engine problems but was just inspected and serviced the day of purchase i have been treated unfairly and i lost sleep i cry all day i lost weight im paying out of my pocket to fix my truck and get it looked at my claims was open closed and re opened and re closed very un professional making me lose my mind this whole experience has been horrible im going to have to have to go to counseling over all of my life losses i cant sleep thinking about how wrong my insurance company has done me now im forced to take this whole thing to court and to the news paper and hopefully i can get the tvs attention with all my evidence and the way i was treated even with legal documents im hoping i can meet up with David Long to talk about this before i have to take this to court i will not pay for me getting rendered my number is 5085672338 my email is brookemajor60@gmail.com im taking copies of this and everything else i send or receive just in case this gets deleted i have proof of me reaching out for help thank you
Brooke Major 6/14/19 7:31 pm

Claim #23542420...Arturo Gonzalez AEG Constrction LLL.-Policy Holder...Loss on Aug 3...Arturo came on the 10th removed part of flooring, wall, ceiling...On Aug 5th David Hamon (sp) came in inspect damaged to write report...never came back after Arturo removed flooring etc...been promised by Stephen Schwenderlauf he would get back to us....has not yet happened...we have been living under these conditions since then...all we want is to have our condo restored back to the way it was on Aug 2 before the damage...assume you can review the claim for full details...

I filed a claim for a fender bender
Wish I did not
The adjuster sent me to Caliber Collision
They made a small dent up to $3700
Now with my perfect 2009 Toyota Sienna
That I have had since 2009
Is totaled and they would not get me my van 1 year newer with 10,000 miles less like in my contract .
2 weeks Later McDaniels called me
And said I cannot buy back my car because the damage was 80% of the value
They wasted more time making my life
Crazy investigating me and my add ons from factory original equipment.
When they should have investigated the other guy that hit me in the back to get his company to pay for the accident!
After 5 years with them I had enough
The day they decided the claim
I all ready had all my insurance bundled for home auto and boat to
Move the same day they denied my claim!
When I called there presidential help team
Yesterday I wanted to make sure those 2 employees
We’re reprimanded and there was now a black mark
On my record for a claim that was not paid!
Then the CSR at there presidential team said for me to call there claims dept.
I asked for a supervisor
They have not called back!
I was treated very good from LM up north when we pay 20M a year in premiums to them but here in Florida with 2 older cars they treat you
Like crap and are very condescending!

My wife was involved in a major accident over a week ago. The driver of the other vehicle was also a liberty Mutual policy holder. They owned a electric company. So I contacted Liberty Mutual (buisiness) and from day one I’ve got nothing but attitude and disrespect. I’ve sent pics, police report, and given a statement. I can never reach my adjuster. My vehicle is totaled. I need a rental which they won’t give me until they investigate. But again it’s been over a week without a phone call from them. Then I was told to file it on my insurance and my insurance would send a demand to pay letter and they would pay them. I don’t think that’s fair for me to have to jeopardize my policy premium. I can’t buy another vehicle until the insurance company contacts my bank letting them know the vehicle is totaled. I’m going on vacation in a couple weeks and I’d like to have a new vehicle. Long story short I’ve contacted a lawyer and will be consulting with them on Thursday. It’s a shame that I have to go this route. But I refused to be bullied. I pay for your service but the service I’ve received is very disappointing.

I’ve been with liberty mutual for a few months. The only reason why I chose this insurance was because it was cheaper.I was completely satisfied until I found out my premium DOUBLED!!! I didn’t know why. I had my payments set up on auto draft. I new something was wrong when my account went into overdraft. I called and I was told because my nephew moved in with me and we shared the same address liberty mutual added him to my policy WITHOUT my permission because they said I did not return the OPERATOR VERIFICATION FORM. A form I never received. I understand this is their policy but I think it should be a better way to get these forms out. Instead of just mailing them, maybe they should ALSO email them or even better give me a call. Things can get lost in the mail and in the case this is what must have happened because I never received the form. Now Im stuck with an overdraft fee for a premium that Im not even aware of and a premium that I can not even form. My nephew didn’t even live with me. He was only using my address for college. I really would have stayed with Geico if I knew this would happen Im very disappointed and when my contract is up i just might switch to another provider. Because the rule is if anyone is in my home they have to be added to my policy. I think this is crazy. what if my significant other moves in but has his own insurance. I was told he still has to be added to my insurance because it’s their policy. I don't want to be apart of a company that has that much control over my decisions.

Hello
I recently got into a small accident and called for payment to repair the car Liberty Mutual insurince, where my car was insured. I was told that they would call back and they did not call back. I called again, I was told they would call back, they did not call back. A third time I called I was told that my insurance covers only another car, my car is not. Although when I was signed a contract no one told me about it and did not warn. I asked to give me a talk with the supervisor. I was told this moment can not invite him. The reason was not explained and they said they would call back within 48 hours and did not call back.
Last month I paid for insurance twice and called asking for one payment to be transferred to this month. I was told to transfer, not transferred and do not want to transfer to this month. now they threaten me with the fact that if I don’t pay again this month. They will break a contract with me. Why do I have to pay twice a month? Very decent people work in your company. .
Now when I want to add double-sided insurance they tell me. I have to pay $ 500 and still have about $ 280 every month, although I received a letter from companies where they write that by adding only $ 3 a month I can get full insurance. I believe that fraudsters work in your companies. They understood that I speak English badly and had not yet understood the insurance policy and want to pay my insurance at my expense. Please understand the situation or I will have to sue. Thank you

I recently got into a small accident and called for payment to repair the car Liberty Mutual insurince, where my car was insured. I was told that they would call back and they did not call back. I called again, I was told they would call back, they did not call back. A third time I called I was told that my insurance covers only another car, my car is not. Although when I was , signed a contract , no one told me about it and did not warn. I asked to give me a talk with the supervisor. I was told this moment can not invite him. The reason was not explained and they said they would call back within 48 hours and did not call back.
. Last month I paid for insurance twice and called asking for one payment to be transferred to this month. I was told to transfer, not transferred and do not want to transfer to this month. now they threaten me with the fact that if I don’t pay again this month. They will break a contract with me. Why do I have to pay twice a month? Very decent people work in your company.

Hello. I recently got into a small accident and called about payment for car repair. I was told that they would call back and they did not call back. I called again, I was told they would call back, they did not call back. A third time I called I was told that my insurance covers only another car, my car is not. . Although when I was first signed a contract no one told me about it and did not warn. I asked to give me a talk with the supervisor. I was told this moment can not invite him. The reason was not explained and they said they would call back within 48 hours and did not call back.
Last month I paid for insurance twice and called asking for one payment to be transferred to this month. I was told to transfer, not transferred and do not want to transfer to this month. now they threaten me with the fact that if I don’t pay again this month. They will break a contract with me. Why do I have to pay twice a month? Very not decent people work in your company. You could say scammers .
Now when I want to add double-sided insurance they tell me. I have to pay $ 500 and still have about $ 280 every month, although I received a letter from companies where they write that by adding only $ 3 a month I can get full insurance. I believe that fraudsters work in your companies. They understood that I speak English badly and had not yet understood the insurance policy and want to pay his insurance at my expense. Please understand the situation or I will have to sue. Thank you. M

Filed claim on April 15th. Man hit me in my drive way. I call Liberty and his insurer Allstate. Allstate sent app for pics to be sent of my car and provided a review of damages that day. The next day April 16 Allstate had a claims adjuster call and take my recorded statement. April 17th I get an e-mail from Liberty introducing my claim adjuster Yessenia Casteneda. April 18th a male called from Liberty and spoke to my husband who provided my cell number.The adjuster was told unable to reach me on my cell due to statewide testing. My husband was told he would be calling back for recorded statement from me. April 19 (Good Friday). April 22 Allstate sent me a break down of damages and cost. April 24th I call both insurance companies mine Liberty and his Allstate. Received call from Allstate,stating my insurance company Liberty accepted liability. I called Liberty Mutual for an understanding of what was going on.

Mind you this very first time I have spoken to anyone from Liberty since the accident on the 15th. Yessenia told me that their records show they had been trying to get in touch with me, leaving messages on my cell voice mail, then the voice mail was full so had to proceed without my cooperation. Told her was looking at my cell call records no calls from them and nothing on my ATT phone report (land line) I pulled while we were speaking. She flat out lied to me, and I was done. Was transferred to Nick who I was told made the decision of accepting liability.

Nick restated tried to call. I stopped that by asking what numbers did he have for me. He gave me the wrong cell number. He said "We'll I guess we may have taken down the number wrong." I responded by asking what about my land line?, he replied with there was no police report. Which I explained was on private property. Then he said based on the person that hit me he had the right away and I was crossing over into his lane,and ended up in my driveway hitting me. I asked what about my statement? Nick then stated on time constraints and had protect themselves from anymore damages being claimed. I asked who protects me. Nick did say would try to go back to Allstate to see if they will accept a % of liability.

Very disappointing that a company who's is in the business of protecting peoples property are very quick to protect themselves and place blame and make excuses for their lack of due diligence. Was treated better by Allstate

Your ad with the emu throwing up on the desk is the JUST ABOUT THE WORST ad I have EVER seen!!!!

Received my renewal and there was a substantial increase of close to 200 per year. PLUS a charge added to my bill of policy that had be EXPIRED. After trying to go to my account website I found I no longer had an account history. I called my credit card company and explained the issue, filed a dispute. The credit card company sided with me and reversed the charges. Today I received a letter of collections 6 months after the fact for 55 dollars. What a freaking horrible way to do business.

Was promised a call from the mgr at Hauppauge office a week ago and still no call. Her nane was Danna Mcnamara. I am in need of a face to face appt to go over my policy and make changes. It is very difficult for me to do this via telephone as i clearly stated to a representative named Darius. He called Danna and I was told she would call to set up the appt. Please help me with this.

We was in a car accident on Oct 7,2018 and Liberty Mutual Insurance hasn't answered back are paid anything out and the car was a total loss they have the vehicle they 'not responding they are very negligent about the whole situation my fiance has no way to get to work we are down to one car now. Liberty Mutual insurance hasn't fix the problem we all have bills we have missed days off from work! Our Attorney has reached out on to them on more occasions and they are not responding to emails are letter's not returning phone calls . This is so ridiculous. Please can anyone reach out we need answers now it has been more then 90 days ! Car accident take place on Oct 7,2018 in Kansas City,Mo please help please help this is not fair! How can you take a payment for a whole you and keep the vehicle that's total loss and the TV ads tells you that Liberty Mutual will take care of all of their customer's. I believe that's fake advertising!

I am a 72 year old vietnam vet on a fixed income liberty mutual cancelled my home and auto insurance because the payments were a little late we try very hard in this very difficult time to follow the law I sent a letter several months ago praising your company only to get slapped in the face and having to scramble around to find a new insurance company so sad that senior citizens are treated so bad in the united states of america

We are policy holders, home and auto policies. The company has sent us a letter stating they are cancelling our home owners insurance in December. Evidently an inspector that reports to your company came by our house when we were not here and made some derogatory remarks about our home (as in problems with various things). The problem with that report is that the complaints made are of a generic complaint. Such as, 'The porch needs repair'. It does not state which porch nor what specific thing(s) need repair. It also says 'limbs hanging over the house and over an out building'. Well, we have multiple trees on our property, none of them are rotten, none of them have limbs that are touching the roof or the outbuilding, so we have no idea what they are talking about. None of these complaints were accompanied by any pictures of the complaints and pictures with the problems circled or marked would be helpful to justify the complaints. We have called MULTIPLE times and spoke with MULTIPLE representatives of your company and NONE have returned our calls and in fact ALL of them REFUSE to give us the contact number for the CEO or the Corporate office, stating that there is NO ONE that we can appeal this to. They do not tell us / show us exactly what the problem(s) are so we could address them and the representatives are telling us that no matter if we fixed the problem(s), they are still going to cancel our homeowners insurance. ***That does not sound correct to me.*** Steve Hemby (334) 2396902 or Tonya Hemby (The policy is actually in her name) (706) 4059330.

I had a double lung transplant February 24th of this year. I had to say at Cleveland Clinic for 5 months. I have been off work and now my insurance has expired. I've always made my payments. I called customer service and was going to pay $300 my monthly payments are $169 but was told I had to pay over $1000 to activate my policy. I do understand but, come on, I had a double lung transplant if that wouldn't have happened or should I say if I wasn't sick, I would've paid monthly payment were electronically deducted out my account. Is it a way you can consider help in Me? I really like this insurance and don't want to lose it. Please consider my request. Thank you in advance

I filed a glass claim. All of my cars have always had this on the policy (5 cars) I called Liberty mutual made me an apointment a week later he came and installed the window. The i get a call saying i am not covered. When i initially called that would have been the time to tell me changes unauthorized changes had been made to my account. But they made the apt. and waited until service was complete to tell me this. I have been with liberty mutual for some time and feel it had gone down hill. I called 2 months ago for a tow and was left of the side of the road with my child for 6 hours. Even though a tow company was 15 min away. They called the farthest and still i sat for hours. I was a proud Liberty Mutual customer. This is just about the last straw. I expect the payment to be made for the service.

My representative is ALLEN KOTHS; although he has not returned my calls or replied to my emails, he did accommodate my sons and I at a hotel.

Allen has only approved a portion of my claim which was for drywall, sheetrock, patching, painting, etc. I need to know if the flooring in the master bedroom and master closet are approved. I have Heath Plumbing and Jack Ryan Contracting waiting for payment and approval.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and hope to hear from someone soon.

Esmeralda Andrade

To Liberty mutual headquarters,

It's very late and I couldn't sleep. I did some financial figuring. I'm very disappointed and upset with Liberty mutual.

I was strongly recommended by Liberty mutual to apply for SSDI, which I did and was promptly approved.

Because I was approved so quickly, Liberty mutual saved $46,398. That amount was paid to me by social security.

If I had not applied for or been approved by social security, Liberty mutual would of been obligated to have paid me the full amount of $78863.52. That total is for 2 years.

Now because the terminology has changed and supposedly I can work in any occupation. Liberty mutual has determined that even with ongoing chronic pain issues and the need for pain medications that I can safely obtain employment.

Liberty mutual does not feel obligated to owe me any more income. This is despite social securities determinations.

I will definitely be pursuing this issue. I believe Liberty mutual owes me $843.98 per month until my official retirement age. This will be on May 15th, 2020.

That is a total of $843.98 for 25 more months. Or $21,099.50.

If my appeal is denied, then I'm sure a judge will be willing to decide this case very fairly.

Please forward this letter to anyone important in your organization.

I will also be doing the same thing.

Personally you have been very respectful to me. I do appreciate that and the understanding you have demonstrated. But now I need to fight for what is right and fair and just.

I will obtain as much evidence as possible to present to you for an appeal. This will also be all of the information I will give to a judge.

It would be so much easier for all of us if you could just change your decision. But I do not not believe that will happen.

Thank you for your time to listen and to understand,

Anna Wilcox
798 Ellicott circle
Port Charlotte,Fl. 33952
508-985-3463
Claim number 0005752348

To Liberty mutual headquarters,

That is a total of $843.98 for 25 more months. Or $21,099.50.

Please forward this letter to anyone important in your organization.

I will also be doing the same thing.

Thank you for your time to listen and to understand,

Anna Wilcox
798 Ellicott circle
Port Charlotte,Fl. 33952
508-985-3463
Claim number 0005752348

My car was legally parked and a guy riding in the street on a bike rides by and hits my mirror breaks it and scratches the front right side of my car with his bike. He keeps on going until I yelled for him to stop and showed him what he did to my car. Then came the performance of a life time he just laid on the ground put the bike on top of him claiming he was injured, after calling somebody on his phone. No 911 or cops or ambulance. I refuse to go along with this fraud.

I called 911 and stayed there why he kept on making his performance better and better. Anyway I call my insurance company told them what happen, I should not have called them however I do pay this car insurance a monthly payment for full coverage and I told them everything word for word and scene to the whole scenario and told them without a doubt I want to fight and proceed with this fraud case to the highest of levels and to the full extent of the law.

Now we had one (1) hearing and proceeded to go to court after that for trial and I'm fully prepared and I said I will not and I do not want you the insurance company to settle with this fraud and his ambulance chasing accomplices, along with his Bootleg lawyers. So I'm waiting for the court date come rain, sleet or snow., I'll be there, whatever or however.. Anyhow all of a sudden I received in the mail a letter from the lawyers for Liberty Mutual in charge of this fake injury case and they settled it. Are you kidding me!

My car (full insurance coverage) parked and minding it's business in a legally park spot get hit and damage by a fraud bike rider looking to make a quick and easy buck off of us hard working people and he gets exactly what he wants and set out to do that day. This insurance company did nothing but make up excuses to pay this fraudster. They didn't pay for my car to get fixed, my parked car and they did no investigating of the case or use any information I gave them to show that this guy was a fraud and he knew how to work the system with this scam.

I will take and tell my story (this story) to anyone who will listen and I won't stop. As of this day I'm trying as quickly as possible to find another acceptable insurance company who treat their customers with respect and dignity and let them know 24/7 they're are there for you through thick and thin. We need your business( customers money) to keep this company afloat and we appreciate you.

One of the top 10 insurance companies in the world is Liberty Mutual. I have been with Liberty Mutual for more than 6 years now and I must say I am a happy customer. The customer service has kept me updated on timely basis about my plans. They remind me about payments and if anything is due. They are knowledgable and have the answers for all my doubts. I have insurance covered for my family and now I planned to Auto Insurance as well. Liberty Mutual has plans suitable for everyone's needs and that is quite impressive. They understand the actual requirement of an individual and planned their schemes accordingly. Highly rated Insurance company and I would surely refer this to all my friends.

Have feedback for Liberty Mutual?