Customer Satisfaction Results

Sears

Complaint Department

Filed by Norma Durrett on Jan 27, 2015
Consumer Rating

Have a refrigerator that is not working properly. Ice maker is not working and is making a noise like a machine gun. It is freezing food including my husbands INSULIN which he needs to take twice daily. We will have to make a 100 mile round trip to go get more insulin tomorrow. Sears says they can't get here till Feburary 9 th. What are we suppose to do with meds until then. We have snow here and can't put meds in that or it will freeze again. HELP please

12 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sears?

Compare Sears to Similar Department Stores more...

Sears Customer Feedback Trending Now

341 Sears consumers have created complaints against Sears to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Sears complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Sears corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

On Monday April 13, 2015, I contacted Sears repair section to look at my Wash Machine which was having issues. I was informed that the only opening was Thursday 23 April, and I needed to be home from 0800 to 1700. On Wednesday 22 April, I called and confirmed my appointment. Sometime after that A phone message was left, and I received it on Thursday morning advising that I had to reschedule my appointment.

When I called I spoke to an individual who told me I had to reschedule. I informed him that I had taken the day off, and I needed to have someone come to look at my wash machine. He refused, and I then asked to speak to a supervisor, and the Supervisor told me I had to reschedule because they did not have a repairmen in my area that day. I asked for his name and he refused. I asked where he was and again he refused. Both men sounded not to be American but a mid eastern origin.

I had to wait till Sears opened to speak to a Manager who referred me to a corporate number which ended with me back to this same Call Center. I ended up reschedule for an appointment two (2) week later because they did not have an opening on a day I could be available. It was the most aggravating experience I have ever had and has left a bad taste in my mouth with any future dealing with Sears.

Consumer Rating

I had a problem with the micro wave oven. Sears were there 5 times to replace and remove broken parts. Then they wanted to sell me a new display board. I said fine, and they said that there is no warrantee and I will have to eat it if it does not work. Also, the last attempt to repair it, they broke the lower oven also. The tech is very rude and has no idea what he is doing. I will never used Sears again and never buy anything from them. I was loyal with Sears for over 25 years. I filed a complaint and called the next day. All the info I gave was deleted. Wow! Sears what happened to you. You became a rip off and liar. So far, they charged me $635.00 and never fixed the problem. And they took off every single part they put on. Shame on you! I am telling everyone how bad of a co. Sears is. Bye and good luck.

Consumer Rating

I recently spent 2 months in the hospital recovering from a heart attack and missed a payment on my credit account. I was treated rudely when I tried to resolve the issue with the employee who called. I just received my statement for April and found my account cancelled, a late fee of $35.00 was assessed, and the missed payment of $233.17 was added to the current payment bringing my monthly payment to $459.17 which I cannot pay as I was unpaid during my hospital stay. This also is different than other companies who when a payment is missed you pay a late charge only. Not only did they close my account but insisted on calling for the payment on Saturdays and Sundays at all hours even when I was semiconscious and in the hospital. It is bad enough that the account interest rate is 25.24% but the charges that accrued were the result of fraud on my account.

Consumer Rating

The delivery staff did not bring the vent/filters for my microwave. I reported the missing items to the Sears’ customer service representative in Newport News, Virginia and I was advised that I had to call the folks who delivered my microwave. She gave me the number, but did not make the call. Poor customer services, the sale clerk should have made that called since the microwave and stove was purchased and not charged and this writer paid for the product and had nothing to do with missing items; However, I called the Delivery Department @ 1-800-732-7747 and was advised that I would have to wait for 7 to 10 days for the delivery of the missing parts. I explained that the stove and microwave were for my rental property and that one of the reasons that the inspector failed the inspection was because the vent/filters were missing from the microwave.

I asked was there anyway that they can have the parts deliver to the store in Newport News and the staff said no and that I can call the part store and see what they can do to obtain the parts earlier. Again, poor customer service; why do I have to make all the calls? I paid for a product that was not delivered. The next day, I was able to get the inspector to allow a letter or something showing that the parts are on order; however, the staff at the delivery department stated that they are unable to give me a letter or email me anything showing that the missing items have been ordered. I am very dissatisfied and this is not the first time that Sears have showed me very poor customer services. The inspector will be at my rental property on April 24, 2015 and I still need something showing that the missing items have been ordered. This has caused an hardship on me because every day my rental property is vacant, I am losing money and a perspective tenant who is homeless is not allowed to move in until the house passes the inspection.

Consumer Rating

Bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator $ 2600.00. Less than 3 years ago, it stopped working. Called Sears for repairs and was told it would take almost a month before they could get a repairman out for service. If they can not service item in certain areas why sell to customers. CALLED for service April 6, 2015 and was told repairs could not be made until maybe May 1, 2015. This is the worst service I have EVER experienced. Will never buy ANOTHER SEARS PRODUCT !!!!! This is just ONE of the problems I have had with their products. PRODUCE BETTER PRODUCTS OR GET A BETTER SERVICE DEPARTMENT !!!

Consumer Rating

Today we had a new dryer delivered and installed at my mothers house. My mother is elderly. I was not present at this time but when I arrived later today to see how it went I was told that they replaced the washing machine hoses. They told my mother the hoses were old and needed replacing and that they would do it for $25. My mother agreed and paid them cash and was not giving a receipt. The hoses were replaced. The problem is I replaced the hoses two days ago. I have the receipt for the hoses and the date they were purchased. It upsets me that these installers took advantage of a elderly women {my mother}. How many times do these installers do this?

Consumer Rating

OK I went in to sears prinevill oregon .. I was meet by a lady she ask if she could help me ?? I said yes I was looking for a grill she said did you hear about the grill we have on sale?? i ask what are they so she brought them up on the computer sence they didn't have any left in the store.. the part number is #71-34611 it looked good so i ask if i could buy 3 she said sure.. so i did on salescheck #033349028992 then i went out to the car and I tought I would like some more .. So I went back in and i ask ? can I get 3 more ? she said " sure and rang up 3 more on sail slip #033349013396 now they said no I could not have them???? if i walk in to a store and something is marked 10.00 dollars but is is realy 50.00 dollars that is the stores problem and NOT MINE .. unless you are dealing with sears ?? so unless i get my grills I will be talking to a LAWYER..

Consumer Rating

I had windows installed and the screens are defective. Sears is refusing to come out and replace the screens. The project coordinator was rude and insulting. I had my bathroom remodeled did not get what I ordered and paid for. The shower leaked into my basement and after several phone calls sears has yet to come to repair. They scheduled to come out and repair and did not show up. The regional office in Baltimore Reps are rude and do not return calls. A project sales coordinator told me not to call him anymore. I made several calls to sears for repairs . Placed on hold and they hang up. Pathetic! I paid cash for the projects. No service, The work was sloppy dealing with the repair center is horrifying. No service and sears does not hold up to their end of the deal. A regional rep told me I got what I got and deal with it. I want what I paid for . I never thought I would see the day sears would rip people off. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Consumer Rating

Wow! Where do I begin? This is not the Sears that I grew up knowing. The dependable, USA owned Sears, whose appliances were made in America and reliable. On January 17, 2015 I bought a Sears Elite 250 refrigerator. We paid $1,115.78 including hoses etc. This appliance was purchased for a rental condo that we own. A month after installing the refrigerator a guest called to say that the refrigerator was leaking when the filtered water dispenser was used. Since then we have had three appointments with Sears contractors to come and fix the problem. The first time they called a few days prior to reschedule the appointment. The guests could not accommodate the times available. I called to schedule a new appointment after those guests left. The appointment was to occur with-in a four hour period on February 17, 2015. When I scheduled the appointment I confirmed my phone # and the address of service several times. On the service day I went to the condo, arriving before the scheduled 4 hour period. 6 hours after I arrived my phone rang. It was the service company. They were not at the service address....instead they were at my home address. Once again no service to my brand new refrigerator. About a week later we received a call saying that the refrigerator was leaking badly. I had to get a private company to come in and turn the water off to the refrigerator. This company told me that a valve was missing from the back of the refrigerator. They put the valve on but recommended, since the refrigerator was under warranty, the water continue to be off until Sears could get out and look at it. Since this is a rental unit, they were worried that if the water continued to leak the whole condo would flood. I called Sears again. Explained the problem and scheduled a repair appointment. This time I made sure the address and phone number were correct. This appointment was supposed to happen on April 13, 2015 from 8 to 12. I was given the name of the contracted company by Sears so I could call and confirm the day of. The morning of April 13th I called and left a message on the answering machine of the contracted company. At 2:00 I called Sears again....they explained that the contractor would not be coming because they didn't fix refrigerators. WHAT! Why did I have to call them? Could someone not call me to tell me? Once again, this is a brand new refrigerator. I now have another appointment. I am not confident that they will show. What happened to the SEARS I knew? No wonder they are almost in bankruptcy. Does anyone care? I have been a loyal customer. When we bought this appliance we had choices, but decided that Sears deserved our business because of it's history. Big mistake. I will not make it again. The water is still off and my guests are still inconvenienced. This is service at it's worst.

Consumer Rating

On April 4,2015 I bought a wash machine. I made this purchase at Sears in Florence, South Carolina. Unfortunately, your worker bought out the wash machine without the hose that was paid for at the time of the purchase. Though this seems like a quick fix (by getting the hose), and didn't act that way! To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your worker come and pick up the wash machine and sears return my money back. I don't even want to consider the washer anymore.
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem. I will wait until Friday 10,2015 by 5:00pm before seeking third-party assistance.

Consumer Rating

This is a copy of the email I sent to them... I bought my first new washer, dryer, fridge and stove from your store at Coquitlam Centre. Here’s my experience: I received the delivery date & was excited as it was my first new appliances ever. I was told before 5 p.m. on that day. I had everything ready for them. I had unhooked and pulled out the old washer, dryer, fridge and stove and taped them so they wouldn’t open. I was charged a fee for their removal. The delivery guys came right at 5 p.m.. Fine. I tried to show the elder of the two the best place to park and unload. There is a slope so I knew where the best place was. He wouldn’t listen. Instead he spoke(I think Italian) to his younger partner. I told them to speak English(didn’t take). They parked the truck facing down on the slope and I thought...this is not good and told them so.

They came up and took away the old ones and that went well. The older guy kept complaining about how he had all these other deliveries after mine that evening. How tired they were. My intercom went off and I was told that there was a “scratch” on the dryer. I went down to look and the “scratch” turned out to be the top of the dryer was completely buckled. It fell off the back of the truck. The guy tried to tell me it was no big deal and Sears would give me a discount. I was very angry at this point. I refused delivery of this. The guys are still speaking Non-English to each other and I am getting really pissed. They brought up the new washer & the old dryer. No offer of connecting even one of them. I had to drag them-on carpet- into my closet and hook them up myself. That’s fine-but a little customer service would have been nice. Not Finished. The older guy kept trying to get me to sign the okay on the delivery without bothering to check any walls etc. I told them how mad I was and got no apologies from them.

As soon as I could I phoned your customer service and told them what happened. I was really upset. A new delivery was set up to receive a undamaged dryer. I told her that I did not want the same delivery people. I had to wait a few weeks which was annoying. The new delivery was as it should have been. The two guys even hooked the the dryer for me. I was surprised that your customer service didn’t bother to call me to see if everything went all right. That would have been nice. The first delivery guys represent your company. Their bad service is on Sears. Is it worth saving money in this way? THAT WAS THE DELIVERY EXPERIENCE.

Now, the product experience. The Samsung washer and dryer work quite well. I am happy with them. Your store product Kenmore-is garbage. The Range: First time I used the oven cleaning operation it burnt the top of the open door . It cleans the oven very, very poorly. the burner coils burn unevenly and poorly. Difficult to clean over-all. I dropped a spoon on the top and it chipped the coating. My fault-but should that have happened so easily?! Other-all a major disappointment. Now, The Kenmore fridge-is disappointing
the plastic border around the shelves cracked. I had to duct-tape it. There should be something supporting the shelves-obviously poor construction. My fault-for not noticing-the drawers were too small. I had had many old appliances in my past and the majority of them worked a lot better than your new Kenmores. Am I careless with them-no I’m not.

Why am I complaining now? I look at these appliances daily. I know it won’t make any difference to you-Sears-but it may help me feel a little better. Of course I will never step foot in a Sears store as long as I live. Or recommend. Sounds dramatic but there it is. Would you? I lived in BC all my long life and, in the past, always heard and experienced good things from Sears-until this. I didn’t think I could lose by buying Kenmore products. I was wrong and now I have no trust in Sears. If it was just the delivery issue then I would have simply a bad taste in my mouth- but wouldn’t be anti-Sears now. Maybe-which I doubt-this email will make a sliver of a difference. I do not expect a response also, I looked at the BBB and various forums regarding Sears Canada. If I would of done that first I wouldn’t have wasted my time on this email. Lots of horror stories worse than mine. I had no idea. Again, this is to make me feel better...

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I own a smooth top slide in stove purchased from Sears some years ago. I have kept this range in perfect condition through-out this time. We have had maintenance insurance with all the products purchased from Sears. Recently their was an incident with smooth top glass creating a crack damage. The sears technician arrived on a second trip and examined product, took a photo and displayed to his authorized personnel, and stated that nothing could be done as repair or replacement of top because it was not due to manufacture default. Why do we pay insurance on these products? We have been Card holders with Sears for approximately twenty years plus, Sears has always shown loyalty to their customers, and pride in reference to their products. In speaking with your representatives by phone they gave us no satisfaction. Also please not that of-course this particular smooth-top part has been discontinued or not available, we wonder why? We like Sears products but your insurance coverage does not make sense. Is their any possibility of us purchasing another stove with a reasonable discount. Please respond, Thank You.

Consumer Rating

I have been a customer with the Sears automotive for a few years. This morning I drove to the Sears at University Mall (half hour from my house) for my oil change and was told I would have to have an appointment before I could get one (I have never had to call before - so I didn't think about calling this time). I was told that they have been doing this since last November which isn't true because I had an oil change in December and nothing was said. I then went to the Elkhart Sears and was told the same thing - they will do one as soon as I make an appointment. I don't have that much time off during the week so it's always worked out really well and I really trusted the mechanics at Sears. I guess I will be looking for a new place to do business since I feel a big let down from Sears but I do want you to know that your service was always great up until now. thanks.

Consumer Rating

Tried to order a replacement power washer hose for a unit that is less than two years old according to date on the decal on the sprayer. Thisbhose is "obsolete" now. Sears parts people swore they had the right hose, lady taking order, so they shipped it. Turned out to be the wrong hose. Now "I" have to waste my Damn time going to ups and send back to get my money. No other recourse apparently. The lady taking my order must get paid by the parts she moves. So, I got on line and found the correct hose ate parts.com in Utah. They had some in inventory. I guess, with Sears having trouble I will just quit buying from them. Went the same BS trying to get an axle seal kit for my Sears riding lawn mower. Took them three attempts before they finally sent the right part after me giving the the part kit number. That's why I think their people get paid by the parts orders they fill. Any way, I done with Sears and craftsman.

Consumer Rating

I ordered a portable air conditioner on line from Sears.. The unit was the wrong size for my needs. Took unit back to local sears store, and was told ,it was not their item and they would not take it back. They said it was a third party order. The third party company wants me to pay to ship it back and pay a huge re-stocking fee. All of which adds up to more than a hundred dollars. I bought this unit from Sears, because I thought I could trust their name. The third party company was not helpful at all.( Living Direct). I am a very disappointed Sears customer, Help.

Consumer Rating

Refrigerator went out in the evening of 3/17, call early on 3/18 for repaid. Technician came out on that day but would not look at the refrigerator because we had unplugged it. When on the phone with my husband I could hear the technician yelling in the background. Called again late 3/18 and got appt for 3/19. Technician came out, diagnosed the problem and said he would order part. The part apparently was not ordered right away because was not prepared for shipment until 3/23 at 9:56 PM, was not picked up by UPS until 3/25 !:00 AM. for delivery 3/26. Was involved in an accident at 4:00 AM which delayed delivery to 3/27 and was received too late for appt on 3/27. Now cant get confirmed appt until Thursday, April 2. which be over 2 wks without refrigerator. Seems due to the circumstances that our appt could be prioritized but I guess not. Have never had this issue with Sears in the past . It has become very frustrating and stressful plus the inconvenience and expense of having to keep 3 ice chests full of ice daily. I have been in customer service for 50 years and know that there is always a way to take care of the customer if you card.

Consumer Rating

Tried calling your Manitowoc Wi. store on 03/28/2015 numerous times during store hours and nobody picked up the phone.

Consumer Rating

2/24/15 refrigerator started to leak from the front. Service man came and said it was the drip pan and ordered one mean while he shut off ice maker. After 2 weeks the drip pan came and another service man came saying it was not the drip pan but a valve. Her replaced the valve on 3/5/15 and the minute he left it started to leak again. I called service and issued a complaint on 3/6/15 made another service for 3/19/15 Service man called and said he could not come make another appointment. Service man came on 3/24/15 with his hands in his pockets no tools. Hr refused to move the refrigerator unless I signed some kind of release form. Which I AGREED UNDER DERESS. He comes with a blank piece of paper and wants me to signed it. I said to him you think I'm STUPID. He ran out of the house. I called sears complaints while on the phone he comes returns with the same paper but filled in with damages to my floor or cabinets. At this point he started to go to work. He wasted forty-five minutes creating havoc instead of working. Refrigerator is working after replaced another valve. Please I contracts for all appliances with Sears, please do not send this man back in my house.

Consumer Rating

My first visit to sears rancho was on 01/25/15 for alignment. I paid for one year alignment, till now I visited the auto center 2 times and the problem still the same without any solution, tomorrow I have to visit the auto center again for alignment check because my car still pulling to right .I hope that tomorrow will be my last visit.

Consumer Rating

Have yet to receive my refund of $55.00. This is money owed to me, over charge. This company is a ripoff.From the CEO down to the customer service .

Contact the Sears Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Sears. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 3333 Beverly Road
    • Hoffman Estates
    • IL 60179
  • I want to call the Sears customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

847-286-2500
  • I need to visit the Sears company website. What is their website address?