Sears

Most Popular Complaint about Sears

Posted by Norma Durrett on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

Have a refrigerator that is not working properly. Ice maker is not working and is making a noise like a machine gun. It is freezing food including my husbands INSULIN which he needs to take twice daily. We will have to make a 100 mile round trip to go get more insulin tomorrow. Sears says they can't get here till Feburary 9 th. What are we suppose to do with meds until then. We have snow here and can't put meds in that or it will freeze again. HELP please

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Sears provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sears?

1.98 out of 5

Website

www.sears.com

More Sears Complaints

Customer Rating

I took my 2 vacumes in to get fixed before my warranty runs out. Found out the repair store i go to was closed and no longer there. So i ch ecked online and found a place to take it which ended up being the seatac mall.I go into the sears and they tell me they no longer fix small items, they send them thru UPS to TEXAS. So now im at the UPS store and it costs 49$ just to package 1 up and 97$ to send it plus the same amount to send it back...How is this saving anybody any money. They could of gave me 2 brand new vacumes for the price sears is paying to ship elsewhere...I will think twice before buying anything at sears and buying warrantys too..

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I am extremely disgusted with the repair and customer service we have received from Sears when our front loading washing machine broke down. When we purchased our home a few years ago, we purchased all of our stainless steel appliances from Sears. We purchased the double oven, stove top, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave , washer and dryer. We also purchased extended warranty for all appliances except for microwave and dishwasher.

We started having issues with our washer and dryer and refrigerator as well and Sears fixed it but this time when our washer started leaking, that's when our nightmare began. They kept sending technicians out but washer kept leaking so they decided to order a whole new drum which according to the technician cost more than a new washer. Which I don't understand why Sears would want to waste money that way but we didn't care as long as our washer is fixed. So Sears out sourced the repair to an outside company and they kept our washer for 3 WEEKS!!!! They kept saying that the wrong part was ordered (3 times) which kept them from Fixing our washer. Meanwhile we had to go to a laundry mat twice a week, each time it was costing us $20.

After the 3 weeks go by any many phone conversation, they brought our washer back. I told them I had an appointment near by and if they call before thy come by, I will run home and let them in. Well they never called me and when I got home, my washer was IN MY BACK YARD!!!!! Needless to say, I was very upset and called these people back and they came and put washer back in my house. They then proceeded to tell me that I cannot use the washer because the hose that came with the parts ordered does NOT fit my washer. We had to go back and forth with Sears again to get the correct hose, had to wait for another week so this has been 4 WEEKS with no washer. They scheduled for a Sears technician to come out between 8am-5pm, I waited all day until 5:30pm, no one showed up.

I had to leave on an errand and when I came back, there was a note on my door that he came at 6:02pm and we weren't home. If they had just called, we would have waited. So we had to wait another week for a other technician to come out , this is now 5 WEEKS we are without our washer. So technician finally came ame lo and behold, the part they ordered was they wrong part AGAIN!!! So technician was talking back and forth with Sears recommending that we get a new washer but they said NO! so we waited another week for new drum kit to come, this is 6 WEEKS without washer. Technician came did the repair a couple of days ago, tested and it appears to be fine. We did 1 load of laundry and so far so good, did 2nd load of laundry and water spwewed EVERYWHERE!!! We have video if y'all need to see it. So we are out of a washer AGAIN! I have never in my life seen such incompetence and lack of caring from any company in my life. We will NEVER and I Repeat NEVER buy anything from Sears ever again.

I think you people are a bunch of crooks who take our money for warranty but do not deliver the service that you promise. I will NEVER USE YOUR COMPANY AGAIN and I will make sure that everyone we come in contact with know about your incompetence. We were promised $100 a month from Sears to do our laundry at laundry mat but we have not seen 1 cent because you are also liars on top of being incompetent. We are suppose to have a repair person come to fix our washer AGAIN tomorrow but I am sure not holding my breath that they would show up much less do the job right or even have the right parts. Something needs to be done immediately or you people will be losing a lot of customers, I know you have lost our patronage for sure!!
I can be reached if you want to bother talking to us. WE ARE STILL NOT ABLE TO USE OUR WASHER GOING ON 7 weeks!!

Customer Rating

Clothes come out of the dryer with dark black spots that won't come out. Had to hand wash and soak and still won't come out. Filed complaint with customer resolutions and was told to go to the Sears store for refund and return. Went to the store and they said I would have to do it by phone.

The next person I spoke with at customer resolutions was very nice and respectful and I thought we were almost done with a resolution when he put me on hold to get a price approved for the replacement and we were cut off. After waiting 45 min to see if he would call me back I called customer resolutions again. Brittany was rude and disrespectful and was no help at all. She said I had the wrong department when it was the same phone and ext I had previously called. She said that no one in the entire department could make an outgoing call even if they had been disconnected. She said they would loose all info and would just take another call. So I was out of luck because she couldn't help me.

I went back to the store and now they tell me a technician has to come out before they will do anything and I can't get an appointment until next week and I may still be stuck with this piece of junk. Sears today is not the Sears I have been loyal to for 40 years. Apparently they don't stand behind their products anymore and have forgotten what customer service means.

Customer Rating

Particulars of a complaint to Sears over shoddy work, lies and the commission of possible fraud. Arrival of the Installers: We begin on the morning of 11/21/2014, a Friday. A tall, dark complected, ruddy faced man who makes no attempt to introduce himself shows up to install a stovetop and an oven purchased at Sears. He is alone. He asks to see the installation instructions, if any, we have already received. We provide them. After a brief period, Installer #1 says something like “Looks like your old oven is not the same size as the new one.” I wonder why, but I say, “Well, when will the new oven arrive?” He says his assistant is on the way. A brief period after that his assistant, Installer #2, a Mexican, drives up in a beat up truck. He has the new oven in the back, but he also offers no name. I wonder if his truck will leak oil on my new concrete driveway… I go back to the kitchen. As I enter, Installer #1 is breaking [not dismantling] the old lower oven door off by wrenching it back and forth until it literally falls off at the hinges.

The noise this makes is so loud my wife Cathy hears it all the way upstairs. There is no going back; I get the point. No one says much, but we all look more carefully at each other from this point on. I go out into the garden; Cathy flees back to the upstairs. Next, complicated things begin to happen. Installer #1, ruddy face, tells me the old oven electrical connection was on top, but the new one is on the bottom, so they have to extend the wiring, which will cost extra, something like $90.00. Also the new oven is too big to fit, so they have to enlarge two surfaces of the cabinet by making two saw cuts that cost $68.00 each. I complain about that expense for so little effort, but ruddy face insists Sears sets the prices. They are just independent installers.

They run into these problems all the time with Sear’s customers, implying Sears frequently sells stuff that doesn’t fit right. Gibberish about inches and dimensions are sprinkled randomly in but nothing seems to make much sense. Foolishly I take ruddy face at his word, because I know there is no going back. But I notice something important after they remove the old oven. The old wiring reaches all the way from the top to the bottom of the cabinet; so it’s obvious the electrical connection to the old oven was not at the top, but just like the new oven, at the bottom. I verify that by going out to the beat up truck to look at my old oven. Sure enough, the connection is at the bottom. They have lied to me. I immediately raise this issue with Installers #1and #2 who have followed me out to the truck. Now Installer #1 changes his story. The new problem is there was no junction box at the end of the old wiring connection so they had to add one. I say, “OK show me the packaging or wrapper for the junction box.”

They look at me long and hard, but show me nothing, because they apparently have nothing to show. Then Installer #1 says, “Are you accusing me of lying?” I say, “I asked to see the box or wrapping, remember?” Now the Mexican begins to jump in and we go round and round in the driveway, getting nowhere, and it’s two against one, so I say, prudently, “Go back in and complete the installation. We’ll settle this later.” When Installer #1 begins to saw the left and top sides of the cabinet with a reciprocating saw, I sit at the kitchen table to watch everything closely from then on. I notice the saw blade is either dull or too rough toothed, because ruddy face has to exert substantial force to hold the saw in position when he cuts upward instead of downward along the left side of the cabinet. I also notice the saw doesn’t cut straight and leaves a jagged edge all along both of the cuts. So, I tell both of them, “I want you to know I intend to file a complaint with the store manager about this entire incident, and you can both absolutely count on that. They say nothing, so I get up with my own tape measure and measure the height of the new oven where it must join or fit into the cabinetry. Then I measure the opening in the cabinetry.

There is the proof; the upper cut wasn’t necessary because there was 3/4th of an inch of clearance between the two. I tell them this, in nothing less than the most blunt and emphatic terms. They look at each other, questioningly, as if to suggest “What do we say now? Finally, the Mexican says, sort of apologetically, “I measured it twice.” They shrug but continue, and when they begin to insert the new oven into the cabinet, I see the long electrical line when they pull it out of the bottom of the new oven, to connect to the junction box at the end of the old electrical line which as I said reaches all the way to the bottom of the cabinet. It’s absolutely clear to me at this point that I’m being scammed. But there’s no going back unless I want to spend weeks, maybe months, in a kitchen without a stove or an oven.

So I say nothing. They huff and puff and finally get the new oven in. Then everybody sees the jagged edge of the saw cut above the oven, because the wood removal wasn’t necessary in the first place. I throw a fit all over again. But all ruddy face says is,”OK, we won’t charge you for that cut.” Since further communication on my part seems pointless, I sit there as they rush to complete the installation by pounding in shims to raise the oven to cover the damage ruddy face has agreed not to charge me for. I just want them out of my face, my kitchen, my house, my life. So I write a check for $148.00, and ask for a receipt, which ruddy face says I’ll get in an email online, but I never do, no matter how hard I try and how much I complain for over a month… It is only later that I remember the quality of their voices and remarks, which were oddly brief or abrupt, but convincing and decisive. Why? Because they were practiced, and confident. I suspect their game has been perfected over a long period of time, with many other Sears customers…

Customer Rating

We have had this refrigerator less than 18 months and we have had continual problems with the ice maker; the latest issue is that it is not dispensing ice; a service person was here today - he opened the door and looked at the ice maker and said that it needed to be replaced - replacement would be about $500; it is obvious that there are issues with this Kenmore model ice maker as we review ratings and customer complaints; we would like to discuss replacement of this ice maker with a new, improved model at no expense to us.

Customer Rating

I ordered a pair of reebok men's sneakers bb4500, when the order was received at my home today,one sneaker still had the security plastic device hooked to the eyelit which I was unable to remove,so my wife had to make a special trip to the nearest Sears store to get them to remove it. I'm Not very pleased as I think whoever packed the order didn't know the inconvenience that their error caused a loyal Sears customer who is disabled. I Will no longer do any future business with Sears mail order. I will let others who want to order from you to be careful, hopefully they won't have any problems such as I encountered.

Customer Rating

Received a new Seike 50# television damaged. When I was contacted about the service and delivery I was told via computer voice I would be contacted the next working day. 2 weeks later I am still waiting. Due to health reasons I have to go to kidney dyalsis I am not at home but my wife is and she has not received a call. I purchased the television by phone as I do not or cannot get around well. I am disabled and am recovering from having been hospitalized for over a year and am not able to get around. In good faith and a loyal Sears (or was) customer I used my phone. That's when my troubles began. I was promised everything and not one thing was done that your sales associate told me.
I will not recommend Sears anymore to anyone and I will be sure to tell them why. You can tell me all the reasons why you are closing stores but I can guarantee the main reason for your lack of sales is poor service. Customer service is the # 1 reason I came to you. Sorry your competition will now get all my purchases. Thank you for listening. Also some results would be nice.

Customer Rating

I Cecilia Pankow is having many problems at Shopyourwayrewards Department to receive the points I am Entitled to.I was told many times when I call shopyourwayrewards department that my points will be on my account in 24 hours,however that was not true.I was told everyday I called for going on 3 weeks Straight almost that there is 16 Supervisors for tthis Department,I was told by many Reps in the Shopyourwayrewards Department that everyone I pretty much spoke to told me to hold on and they will get the Supervisor.Again I Documented all calls I made and even recored many conversations due to the ongoing Lies.When I first called Shopyourwyrewards department I made it very clear to the Rep that I have Seizures Disorders,Brain Tumor and more and I cannot be on the phone too long or computer or it will trigger my Seizures.Well/many reps did not listen and many times after speaking with someone I had a Seizure Attacks due to Stress from them.I wrote down names of everyone claiming to be a Supervisor and most Reps in this Department just put me on hold or claimed that they spoke with there Supervisor.A Lady Named Sheila W Claimed to be to Top Supervisor for Shopyourwayrewards and I caught her in many lies,and she emailed several times until I had to stop her due to my Disabilities.I was treated bad and different and on every call I informed every Rep in this department of my Disabilities before starting a conversation.I have called the Corporate Office many times leaving Voice Messages,i have called the Executive Office as well and still no return call and I am being totally ignored.I have spent Thousands of Dollars at Sears and Kmart put together and Still they Claim they cannot see my Purchases at all.Every time I Shop at both stores I give the Cashier my Shopyourwayrewars Card all the time and that being done all of my purchases is and was suppose to put on my Shopyourwayrewards Account.I was treated some what fair by only 3 Rep only in this Department and now this Lady name Sheila W lies to me and I got her recorded our entire conversation we had over the phone,i printed out every thing in my account including my surprise points.My entire Account is totally messed up and I was treated different,why I do not know but Shopyourwayrewards is Ripping Customers out of points that belongs to them,and I was told by Sheila W that a Coupon only last for 1 day in which is not true at all.I told them I will have my Attorney contact them if my account does not get straighten out and if this treatment continues to me.However still my account is messed up and the Corporate Offfice and Executive Office for both Kmart and Sears have been ignoring my calls.Again soon I will go after them for Stress due to my Seizure Disorder and more because I do not like being lied to nor treated different.I hope someone contacts me to get this straighten out and Accomindate me and more due to everything I have been put through and still being put through.I told shopourwayrewards to take a very close look at my account and make sure I receive all missing points from all the Thousands of Dollars I spent together in both stores.I told Sheila not to email me any more because of her lies and again I cannot stay on the Computer too long and become stress or I will have Seizure attacks and again I have had many due to this ongoing huge problem.I had to call for all most 3 weeks straight every day so that I can get points in my account in which I was told will be in my account in 24 hours,however that is not true at all.If you do not call they will never give you your points at all.Again I am trying to get this straighten out.Please contact me regarding my complaint and I will file a complaint with others as well and more if I keep being ignored.

Customer Rating

Seeing this is the same problem, kenmore stoves had in 2009 ,this seems like sear/kenwood has still not fix the PROBLEM. When my wife was baking dinner ,she hadn,t relized , that the broiler element was on until the smoke detecters alerted her.The complete dinner was ruin!We then discovered the broiler element comes on when you select bake . the elemen stays red HOT! WE shouldnot have to pay for a known problem of your Kemore range.THE cost to us was around 250 dollers. ABSURD!!!! The repair man was prompt But hesitant to say the control board had burnt or shorted out. I saw the burnt part after checking it ,when being given it to be disposed of.The control panel had been wraped to conceal the problem.

Customer Rating

On 3/20/14 my wife and I drove to Sears in LaVale, Maryland to look at thier washing machines. My wife liked the GE that they had there so we bought the GE . We were told by the sales lady that Sears delievers Mondays and Fridays so we said to deliever the washer on a Friday ,wht we were not told is that if Sears delievers on friday it’s $10 extra ,we later found out after we got home looking at our reciept that we are to be charged an extra $10 for friday delevery. So Saturday I tried to change the date to Monday and Sears wouldn’t let me! I was bad enough that the original warranty from Sears that was explained to us by the sales lady hardly covered a damn thing and that if something did go wrong with the washer within that year the Sears repairman would charge between $90-$140 just to walk thru our front door for a service call! (I was about ready to walk out of the store when she told me that),She made it sound that we would be more or less on our own if we didn’t get the 3 year warranty that cost a couple hundred more to cover things like an Insurance policy. So a $494.00 Washing Machine I believe it was, turned into $715.00 til we were done! Then she asked us if we needed new hoses and we told the sales lady no, we just bought new hoses for the old wash machine and they weren’t that old! So she more or less forced us into buying new hoses for a cost of $15 which I thought was high for a couple of hoses that are about 3 ft. long. , because she told us that the Sears Serviceman delievering the wash machine REFUSES to hook up the wash machine if we don’t buy new hoses. So saturday on our computer we got an email confirmation saying that Sears was going to deliever the washing machine on March 28th and when we read down in our email it had listed NO HOOK UP. And we told the Sales Lady at Sears before we left we wanted Sears to hook the thing up. (This was the whole point of us having to buy new hoses). So I repeatedly emailed Sears from then until now trying to find out if I’m going to have to pay this $10 for friday delievery and nobody from Sears will answer me! They are Ignoring me! So, ths is why I’m emailing you about this! If I have to pay this extra $10 for an item I bought that was suppose to be on sale for$495.00 and ended up costing me $715.00 instead then forget the whole deal! I want my money back! I will not pay this $10 delivery charge because Sears is bringing thei damn thing on a friday! So, please get back with me on this because I’m dead serious! I’ll be expecting an email today to answer this question. My wife and I have bought at Sears many years. I think we deserve to be treated better than this.(My Email Address> BLT0011@msn.com, thank you, Ken Thomas , Meyersdale, Pa.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Ken Thomas on 03/23/2014 at IP address 98.219.164.185 using our Sears (OF COURSE) complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sears (OF COURSE) customer review titled, “Paying shipping charges on something that was told to me to be Free Shipping!” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Bought a snow blower on Dec.7 2013, and phoned in on March 10 of 2014 since it was just over 90 days I could not get my money back due to store policy. The snow blower drive broke while I was taking it into my garage, I had no drive train so it would not move so I pushed it. I phoned as soon as possible and I was told a service man would come out to fix it on March 17 2014 then they changed it to March 18 2014. I told the person I would be home after 3:00. Luckily my girlfriend was home when they called at 8:30 am and they seemed surprised that someone answered, the guy who phoned said he would be right over. When he got here he was not a repairman but a pick up service and said he would not be able to load it by himself so luckily my brother was available to help, why should my brother have to help and they were also suppose to fix it at my house like I was told. I could have delivered it to them and saved me all the waiting time. I have asked for someone from management to call me from the Thunder Bay store but to no avail. I can’t get my money back, I have no idea when my snow blower will be fixed, and with this incompetence I have no idea if it will be fixed properly. I am not happy, all I want is my money back please and just let me walk away from this nightmare. The salescheck # is 01418 171 4515 and the delivery date was Dec. 13, 2013. A man at a 1 800 number said if I had reported it sooner I could have got my money back I said who would have thought I would be treated like this by Sears. Please help me out.

Sincerely Daryle Youmans.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Daryle Youmans on 03/19/2014 at IP address 216.211.69.186 using our Sears in Thunder Bay On. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sears in Thunder Bay On. customer review titled, “Treated poorly.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I bought a whirpool whispur purifier oct 27 2013 and I was told by yur employer that I could get a fliter by coming to the store and ordering one the employer could not get anyone on the phone he gave us the number I couldnt get one yet can yu help me or take the machine back I have been a customer of yurs for 30 years

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by ann seymour on 03/17/2014 at IP address 99.252.124.125 using our sears complaint form. This opinions contained in this sears customer review titled, “cant get filter” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

To whom this makes it to at Sears. My wife had been talking about the fitted car mats so much I had to order them even though we could not afford them. Because it would be the only gift” why not.” I reluctantly placed this order for a birthday gift for my wife on 2/12/14; I had a very competent customer service rep that informed me that this order would get to me in time for my wife’s birthday which was on 3/3/14. After that conversation things went downhill. I had the most difficult time getting answers after I received an email stating that I would be sent another email within a few days with the date to pick up the package at Sears. I waited and waited for the follow up email to come (no email) before I called your customer service department and got the run around regarding the wrong tracking number. I called back a week later and was told that an inquiry could be done to rectify the missing order. By this time her birthday had passed. I eventually received the order much too late for the surprise birthday gift I wanted to give my wife. Before all of this occurred I had completed a survey giving Sears thumbs up in all of the areas that were asked on the survey. I only wish I could have been sent the survey now so I could say how I really feel.

The following email arrived 4 days ago on 3/8/14 informing me that: In regard to your order number 633457051, we have received your request regarding the status of your order. Our records show that you order was shipped via UPS tracking number 1Z1791WE0343167342 and was delivered to the store on 02/19/2014. We have contacted store to update on the order. You will need to contact the store to pick up your order. We recommend you have the following information when contacting the store……. Oh yea, Please accept our apologizes with any inconvenience this may have caused to you.
“Well Sears I do not accept your apologies for this confusion and contradictions

Store Address: 250 GRANITE ST, BRAINTREE, MA.
Store phone number: 7813566095
Store number: 1283

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by elbert copeland on 03/12/2014 at IP address 67.208.190.2 using our Store Address: 250 GRANITE ST, BRAINTREE, MA. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Store Address: 250 GRANITE ST, BRAINTREE, MA. customer review titled, “Just not Good Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I purchased HVAC through Sears on 1-13-14 it was installed on 02-25-14. When they came to install the HVAC is not the one we purchase. Sears decided to change to “higher efficiency” without our decision. They did not even bother to call us . According to them the original purchase was no longer available or discontinued. So Sears decided to changed it! I told Sears to come and remove it . The HVAC manager said no, and he is asking me why I did not like the system. I told him I did not like it because that is not the one I bought. Since this is the one you choose you can have it. you made your own decision without our approval. Sears said they can re-write my contract, I told them not that easy. This HVAC was not presented to us, and need to be remove.

Minda A.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Minda on 03/12/2014 at IP address 71.177.57.92 using our Sears complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sears customer review titled, “HVAC” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

As you have in your email below – You (as a company) made the mistake in pricing so I believe you should stand behind what you sold the bedspread to me for. If I had gone to your store and purchase it then how would you take it back? The bedspread online purchase is the same as going into your store. You took my money thus the bedspread is mine. I am still hoping that you will do the right thing, instead of me making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and using any other online sites that takes complaints on businesses. I will tell my story of how Sears advertises things at a certain price and then they refuse to send the item that you have purchased. If you are going to treat good customers this way it is no wonder that Sears is in trouble and struggling to stay in business. Please do the right thing and sent my order#644619990. .

From: “ansfyu_16q8rmiw_83@seller.sears.com
To: twinmt@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 12:42 PM
Subject: Sears Order #644619990 Our Sincerest Apologies

_________BEGIN_MESSAGE________

Dear THEODORE,

We are very sorry as we have made a terrible mistake. We listed Calantha Bedspread (QT3123-K) Size: King with the incorrect pricing and as a result we are unable to fulfill your order (Order #1700319111). To ensure your refund is processed right away, we have cancelled the item on your order.

We manage millions of products on our site and work hard to ensure the product information is displayed correctly. Sadly we missed the mark here and we cannot apologize enough for our error.

We have voided all pending charges. Please allow up to one week for the mark to expire on your account as processing times vary by bank.

We try very hard to provide our customers with an easy, fun, and most importantly, exceptional shopping experience. We truly appreciate your business and will do everything possible to remedy this issue in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sears Marketplace

Wayfair a zillion things home

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Theodore Johnson on 03/10/2014 at IP address 69.137.236.168 using our Order taken but Sears refuses to send the order because of a mistake in pricing. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Order taken but Sears refuses to send the order because of a mistake in pricing. customer review titled, “Error in pricing so the order was cancelled.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have no product complaint. I own several products I bought from Sears, a water softner, reverse-osmosis water filter, washer dryer set, and a Kenmore stove. I am currently experiencing what I think is a minor problem with my stove. I have called about 15 numbers trying to speak with a live human being. All I get are computer generated options, none of which address my problem. I did speak with one lady who connected me with another department, again only options that were unrelated. The lady did give me two numbers to try if I should get disconnected. One was only for water related products, and the other was again a list of options. Though I like my products, I may have to start going with companies that are actually have live people available. My frustration level is so high right now and I have wasted so much time that I don’t think product loyalty is going to keep me as a return customer. This matter could have been resolved in less than 5 minutes if I could have spoken with a real live person employed in the department (stoves) of my concern.

Customer Rating

Three times I traveled to Sears. Monday in Warwick RI where I charged a microwave. When I went to the Merchandiise pickup they said they were out of order for that one.. Went back to the store to return the receipt from my charge. Tuesday went to Emerald Mall in Ma. bought one came home opened the box and found the corner dented. Called Sears in Warwick today and they said the new model( because the one I had was a discontinued model) is in stock for the same price. I asked the clerk to check and see if all was exactly the same and she said yes. I wanted 1.2 capacity with 1200 watts.. I went the third time 30 miles now it was 90 miles and still not what was what was suppose to be. The cleck said when I called her back to tell her it was 1100 watts 100 watts isn’t that much to make a fuss over. It isn’t up to her to tell me to be satisfied with 100 watts less. She should give the exact information. I am 83 yrs old very tired and miiserable with what I have to go through by myself.
Also yesterday three quarter of the floor the micro’s were on they wasn’t one person to ask where to go.

Customer Rating

I purchased an electric range about 7 years ago. The stove malfunctioned. I called Sears and asked about repair. They scheduled me three weeks out, the earliest available appointment time. The technician arrives and diagnosed the problem and told me he need to order 2 parts which should remedy the problem. I was to call them when the parts arrived to schedule an appointment to install that part. The parts took 3 more weeks to arrive. I called and was given an repair appointment time. The repair person arrived . The parts was installed and I was told that that should resolved the problem. Within 2 days the stove was back malfunctioning as though never fixed. I called Sears to tell them that the stove had the same problem as before the repair. They rescheduled a repair appointment for today between the hours of 8am to 12noon. It is now 1:36 PM and no one has arrived. I call repair center . They tell me” He got hung up and will be along some time. I am furious that Sears take my time for granted. I call the national complaint officee and was disconnected just as I was explaining my complaint. So I am so upset that I am now writing the complaint. What I was hoping to get was someone to assure me that the repair person would be hear soon. Or offer a solution. Everyone, seem unconcerned about my inconvenience. I would be hard pressed to every purchase a large item from Sears again because they are unreliable and do not hold up their end of the Agreement . They sold me a service repair warranty and do not do what they say they are going to do. What kind of company is this that does not stand behind their word. All they want to do is sell you a product that will break down then countless repair for the some problem. I will tell all of my family and friends about this experience. Sears is no longer a company to do purchases from.

Customer Rating

New system installed and washer not working properly when your installers delivered them. Waited 8 days for delivery then said it would be 2 weeks before someone would come to see why it didn’t work properly. It never worked and u tried to report it within 4 hours of installation. I do not think this is exceptable

Customer Rating

filed a complaint earlier about my LG washer that was delivered damaged no one got back to me someone called today and offered me $200 credit i told them i would check with my wife and they never called back i also mentioned that the dryer door opens the wrong way could someone please call me follow through and make this right i am very disappointed with this whole experience from sears.

Companies Like Sears

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!