Sears Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

400+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Sears corporate: 847-286-2500

Sears was contacted to repair a washer and dryer purchased from them and under warranty. The earliest date given for a tech to come out was 2weeks away. When the date arrives, we waited the given time frame of 1pm-5pm. There was no phone call from Sears to indicate any change in the scheduled arrival of the technician. At approximately 5:10pm, we contacted Sears to inquire whether or not the technician would still be coming out. The service rep indicated that there was not a tech assigned and the appointment would need to be rescheduled.

Loooooong story short......we were told that the next available appointment would'nt be until another two weeks down the line.......SEARS...are you kidding .. where is your professsionalism, customer service, and courtesy!!! Not only did we not get our washer/dryer fixed, we waited for a service tech fors 4 hours, lost time off of work and the frustration of being on the phone with several reps from 5:10-8:00pm. Is this how you treat all of your loyal customers who have purchased all of their appliances from you over the last thirty years.

Once again Sears has ruined a surprise for my husband at Christmas, by mailing information with what i purchased right on the envelope!! My husband picks up the mail and saw then what i had purchased for him. I want $125 in compensation for the aggrevation and frustration you have caused me. This is the second time you have ruined a surprise because you feel you need to seel a warranty agreement, which we never will purchase. I want a call back from someone in management. I intend to visit the store also and tell them about my frustration also. You need to make this right with me!!

You have lost this loyal customer.................

I purchased a 7.25 Platinum Craftsman push lawn mower within the last two years. The carburetor has broken down 3 times despite the fact that I drain the fuel after each use. The 3 breakdowns have occurred within 6 months (February, June, and August of 2013.) My warranty is good till March 2014.The Sears repair center repaired it twice but are refusing to replace the carburetor the third time stating that it was due to stale fuel. I know three friends who are having the same issue with their Craftsman lawnmowers and with the Sears Repair center. I spoke to a lawnmower mechanic who stated that gas does not go stale in a month and a half which is what Sears technicians are claiming, despite the fact that I drain the fuel with a syphon pump that I bought at Sears.

I purchased my lawnmower for $350.00 thinking it was top of the line and would not have any problems since I grew up with my father always buying reliable Craftsman products. I guess Craftsman is not reliable like it used to be, or Sears repair is a scam, blaming customers for defective merchandise. Regardless I am disappointed with Craftsman and SEARS repair service. They are charging me $138.00 to repair it, for that money I would rather purchase a new Murray lawnmower at Wal Mart, who has excellent customer service.

This message will probably go nowhere but I still have the need to at least voice my issue. A couple days before Black Friday my wife and I went to Sears to look at treadmills. Our goal was to find the treadmill we wanted in advance before trying to decide on one while fighting the crowds on Black Friday. We found the one we wanted; it was the NordicTrack T5.7 for $599. We were told if we were to buy the treadmill right then and if the price was to go any lower in the next 14 days we would be credited the difference. I asked if that would be the case for the Black Friday sale price as well and the associate said “Yes Sir, even Black Friday prices.”

We were convinced to purchase the treadmill right then knowing we would still receive the better price if it did get any better. Black Friday arrives and the price lowers to $499. I thought “great” and I contacted Sears and explained how I would like to be credited the $99 that I was told I would be three days prior. It was explained to me that was not possible because any deals like that would be excluded for Black Friday. After learning this would I have been better off returning the original treadmill for a refund that day then to turn around and repurchase thesame one for $100 cheaper 5 minutes later? If it wasn’t such a hassle I would have.

The day I purchased the treadmill we were straight up lied to by the sales associate. My wife and I have purchased numerous items over the years from sears which include some more costly items.

About a month ago I sent you all an email regarding a washer that I purchased in April/May timeframe and then paid in full on June 13, 2012. I sent it via the Sears Ingram website therefore it may not have reached the actual complaint department. In that email I explained that I went into the Sears at Ingram and specifically told the Sears cashier that I wanted to pay for the washer in full. Since I had not received a bill from Sears which I thought was because it was purchased during a special buy where there was a no interest bargain, I requested that I wanted to speak to a manager. I told the manager that I wanted to pay for the washer in full; I was told that my balance was $488.70 which is what I paid. Now for the past 3 or 4 months I am getting bills from Sears stating that I still have a balance. This matter needs to be cleared up on your end since I paid for the washer in full. I should not be harassed regarding this. I have always believed that Sears was a great place to buy merchandise but this experience has definitely been horrible.

To whom it may concern: I went and took family pictures at the Brookdale Sears and is not impress with the service. I had a bad experience with my first family portrait 4 years ago, but decided to give it another shot since it's been so long and maybe the management has changes. My 2nd experience has not been pleasant either. After my portrait shoot, I specifically told them to call me for pick-up when all my prints are in. I received a call 2 weeks later telling me it's in. I proceed to go pick it up only to find out my 20x20 isn't in. I didn't make a big deal about it. I told them to call me when my 20x20 collage gets in and they told me ok. I waited another 2 weeks and haven't heard anything. I called the studio only to find out they don't have a record of it and they'll order it. After a month and a half waiting, I finally received my 20x20 collage with no frame, which I purchased with frame. I was told I didn't order it with a frame, but I have the receipt to prove it. They told me they'll order the frame and 2 months later, I still haven't receive my frame. I was a loyal customer, but now, I will never shop there again and will let friends and family know of their poor service.

A waste of my time!!!
Anna Yang

I made an appt to have my dryer serviced on 1/13/13. I made an appt for 1/15/13 and a window from 1-5 which I feel is really unacceptable. but whatever, then i had received a time from 3-4:30 which was fine. then i called again at 5pm and was told that the tech was running late and my appt was the very next and he was on his way. then at 7:pm i called again, after being on hold for at least 20 min i was told that the appt was rescheduled and the tech went home!!!! I feel that this is very, very poor customer service and then to top it off after i cancelled the appointment that was rescheduled for me on their behalf the customer service rep wanted for me to make an appt for a free home consultation for remodeling! what is that about? I'm done with SEARS and having a local company to come and fix y dryer.

I recently purchased an expensive Craftsman (Husqvarna) Lawn Tractor and accessory bagger from a Sears Home Store in Penfield NY. While running the tractor(after less than three hours of use (three actual starts) I experienced a very loud bang or backfire and stall and it would not restart. Upon opening the hood we found that the spark plug was actually broken in half. The vendor provided me with a replacement plug which was installed but the machine would not start.

Obviously there was a serious defect that caused serious damage to the electrical system and/or the motor. I was told by the vendor to call Sears Service number (4myhome)which told me it would take over two weeks to send a technician just to check it out. They would not budge on an earlier date so I called the vendor and indicated the machine was obviously defective and should be taken back with full refund. He told me it was not yet established the tractor was defective and his policy was to charge a 15% inventory return charge plus pick up fee.

I wanted to place an order online at the Sears store in Phoenix on 12/10 11. The young lady that assisted me was very diligent in trying to assist me to no avail. The Dept Manager then took over and tried to assist me. He was hung up on twice by the person he was speaking to. I spent a total of two hours in the store and still was not able to make the purchase on-line. What kind of people are you hiring for these jobs? I am very disappointed and considering canceling my Sears card. I am also a retiree of Sears and can"t believe the poor quality of your customer service dept.

Since I had no intention of keeping a defective unreliable machine that failed after virtually no use, I reluctantly paid the fees of over $300 to return a defective product. I am in he process of filing a complaint with Sear's and demand for a full refun don't expect much luck but in any event anyone Sears is now permanently on my s--t list of unethical unfair self-serving retailers. Never again.

Hello Sears, I need your help. On October 02, 2011 I purchased a Kenmore Elite water softener off the internet and picked it up at my local store in Maplewood, MN. When I was unpacking the softener I found a small piece of plastic that broke off some part in the softener. I called Sears to let them know what I had found and Sears said, they would replace it when I found out where the small piece came from. After completing the installation I found the plastic piece fit onto the end of the plastic strap in the attached photo.

I though this was great, I will just look up the part number and call Sears to get a replacement part. Not so fast the part is not in the manual and no one at Sears direct parts could find it either. ( No one I talked to on the phone or at Sears knows what the purpose of the strap.) Sears did send me a new top cover hoping the plastic strap would come with it but it doesn't not. Sears also wanted to send me a new water softerner but I said , no all I want is to replace the broken strap.

So Please look at the photo attached and determine what is the part, what is it used for, and finally do I need it, If I do please send me one or send me the part number so I can get one from warranty.

Over the Labor Day weekend of 2010, I purchased a Sears Elite Washer and Dryer. I also purchased a Master Protection Agreement. I have not had to use the agreement until I recently scheduled a preventive maintenance appointment because the dryer was taking longer to dry things. I was told the technician would show up between 12 and 5 on November .

I waited around for five hours only to be called at 4 50 that afternoon and told that he had at least another hour before he finished the job he was on. He said we could reschedule.

I rescheduled for November between the hours of 8 AM and 12 AM. I received a call at 11 50 AM telling me that the technician was finishing a job in Punta Gorda and would be late. Punta Gorda is at least an hour away from me so again we rescheduled after waiting around all morning.

By now the dryer was starting to make a strange noise so I schedule a maintenance and a repair. I was given the date of December 4 between the hours of 7 AM to 12 PM. I asked to have the earliest appointment possible because I was getting tired of waiting around all day only to be called at the last minute with the bad news that they were not coming that day.

So now it is 1 PM on the 4th of December. No one showed up, no one called and I am starting to believe that I have been sold an empty piece of paper! How you could put the name of your company on such a shoddy run business is beyond me.

The washer and dryer are beautiful machines. I thought that by purchasing a protection agreement I would insure that they stayed that way. So far I have wasted three days, aggravated myself and gotten nowhere in trying to make sure the machines stay in good working condition. This protection agreement( not cheap at all) is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Update. 12/11/12

I was given this date for a repair appointment. I was apologized to by all sorts of Sears people who sounded sincere. I was told the repair man would arrive between 8 AM and 12 Noon. I again waited ALL morning. At 2 minutes to Noon the repair man called and said he was from Sears, he was given my name for a repair and he could be at my place in about 35 minutes. I asked him if he was kidding and said forget it, it was way too late as I had to pick my daughters from school.

Do the times that are given out mean absolutely nothing? This was the fourth time that I waited and was treated like a piece of garbage.

At this point I don’t even want to try again to have a preventive maintenance and repair appointment made. These machines were not cheap and the service contract seems to be 100% worthless. I’ll let these machines burn out and purchase my next appliances elsewhere. I remember when the name Sears stood for quality, reliability etc. From the repeatedly botched delivery of these machines to my total inability to have any prepaid preventive work done on them, this has been a nightmare.

At this point I would like to receive the money that I wasted on the service contract refunded to me in full. I have never had anyone show up when they were supposed to and have gotten no use whatsoever out of the contract, through no fault of my own. I have wasted four days waiting on a repair service that could care less about their customers.

After the third time that I was left high and dry, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It was filed under Complaint ID#: 94428752. You can be sure that they will receive this latest update.

To whom it may concern, I have been an avid Sears/Craftsman owner my whole life. The majority of my power tools, hand-held tools, and lawn care equipment bare the Craftsman name. That being states, alas, my dedication to the name has just been tarnished due to one of the worst service experiences I have ever participated. Approximately 5 weeks ago, I brought my Craftsman chainsaw into the local repair location in Shreveport, LA, to have an annual check-up/tune-up performed. I also asked to have the unit upgraded from an 18” bar to a 20” bar.

While awaiting to speak to the attendant, I noticed an irate customer speaking to her and overheard his bad experience with your service department. The attendant eventually took my information and shipped the chainsaw.
About a week later, I received a call from the service department scheduled to work on the saw. The person stated that they could not upgrade my unit to a 20” bar. When I questioned this person about why Sears sells a 20” upgrade kit at the local Sears repair location that specifically indicates fits my model number, they stated that I’d need to change several other parts for a successful fit (I later found out, this is truly NOT the case at all).

I then asked the individual if they could sharpen my chain for me and was informed that they do not do that; they only replace chains. So, I informed them to do so. Almost two weeks later, I had not heard from the local Sears store as to the whereabouts of my chainsaw, as I was specifically informed that they’d call me when the unit arrived back in Shreveport, LA. I called the local store to be told that they had the unit for almost a week, but had failed to call.

After paying the $74 charge, I picked up the saw and attempted to utilize the saw that afternoon. However, after about 10-minutes of usage, the saw started smoking so badly, I had to cease all activity. A few days later, I had the opportunity to bring the saw back to the local shop. After returning to the local store, I felt the attendant immediately had an attitude with me when I attempted to explain the situation. When she finally took the time to get on her computer, she snarled, “So, what’s SUPPOSED to be wrong with it?”

This somewhat infuriated my wife and I, as we had just taken the time to explain the dilemma with no attempt by the attendant to document the concerns during the conversation. The attendant took my saw and shipped once again. A few days later, I received a call from the repair department stating that my saw needed several repairs to include the oil pump which would cost an additional $83. Taken aback, I asked the repair department attendant how this could have happened within the short span of having the unit tuned-up.

She informed me that they only replaced the chain and installed a spark plug. I asked if $74 was the going rate for a new chain and spark plug and she stated, “Yes, with the labor involved.” I could have personally completed the same actions for less than $30. She further stated that the new repairs ONLY included parts, but would not include labor. I then pondered why, if they didn’t conclude any internal fault, they would not be charging labor on such a repair, as they did on the previous submission.

At this time, $157 would have gone well against a newer chainsaw. However, there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with mine…my mistake was attempting some sort of preventive maintenance with Sears and/or its affiliates. I have informed the maintenance department to return my chainsaw WITHOUT repair, as this issue cannot feasibly be considered quality service by any measure. With this, I digress to state I will no longer support the Craftsman name within my own residence, nor abroad. This event is unacceptable, and simply cannot be tolerated.

I am very very aggravated with sears credit card service i was enlisted to receive paperless statements ,and I have no idea why that happen but I stayed positive and called 5 times to change the paperless statements to paper statement and have not been receiving them each month i am sick and tired of not knowing what is going on with my sears credit card account all i wish to happen is for sears to start sending me PAPER statements and i would appreciate if the late fee was removed because i dont know what is going on with my account every representative i speak to says they fix my problem but its not fixed please help me!!!!!!!!!

I went shopping at Sears yesterday and could not believe that your store does not carry dresses for short people. I do not understand this at all as we need dresses as well as the tall people. We have to drive a distance to get to a Sears store and I was very disappointed that the store did not have a dress for me. I for one will not shop at Sears again unless the store starts supplying dresses for us short people. I hope you get many emails regarding this as I was shocked when I couldn't find any that would fit me and I just need them to wear to church, not a fancy party dress. Thank you.

Madelyn Brooke

I purchased a (Craftsman) riding lawn mower and was having problems with it and needed a snowthrower attachment attached to my rider. First I was told that the attachment I had would not work, on that phone conversation I talked to 8 different operators just for them to tell me I had to buy the newer attachment and the one I had wouldn't work at all. As far as the lawnmower I had some issues w/ it and made an appointment, which was 4 days out after our conversation. Then you canceled I needed the work done asap and the attachment put on. My local lawnmower service had to pick it up and bring it to there shop, they told me the attachment would fit and I need work done to the riding mower. The carburator and air filter needed to be torn apart and cleaned. Which should be covered under my warranty but you wont take care of it because I took it elsewhere. I would have let you guys do it but you cancelled and told me you couldn't attach the snowthrower. I believe this is not right. Please contact me. James Brasseur

My intial contact with sears 18004myhome repair services for my washer was in 12-30-2012. I have had several repair tehs come out to repair my washer with no success. I am very dissapointed and disgusted at this point. I have ontacted customer service for several reasons the fact that I made a repair ppt on 04 06 2013 and someone took the lberty to change that without any consultatation I called customer service and requested a supervior and was disconnected. I honored the appt took off from work and still no running washer and it is worse than when we started. The washer is now leaking and not even running! I am ery discouraged and will never deal with sears again! rest assure I will let my family members and friends know about this horrible experience!!!!!!!

I have been a customer for over 45 yrs as well as my Family. We purchased a $1000. Range in 2006 which turned out to be an unsafe product. Sears "tech" inspected it and said it within their specs -- so much for Satisfaction ALWAYS"...And to hell with US. Strike 1. ........

2. In Nov. 2006 , We made another error in Judgement with Sears. We purchased a $500. Roto-Swirl Hot Water Heater from the Merritt Island Fl. Store. After a month it was leaking and was replaced. We replaced both elements earlier this Year and two wks. We cleaned both elements, flushed it out over a 4 hr. Period, and drained it completely with a hydro-vac. Two days later my wife drew a bath and the tub was filled with rust, metal pieces and black lime deposits. We purchased an extended warranty which was supposed to include a yearly cleaning, new Elements and Flushing.

When their"Tech" came , he took a load reading and said it was good. I asked him about the Flushing etc. and he laughed and said all the Salesman Lie to get a commission. When I asked for a replacement, I got a " Dog &Pony Show" and through very Poor English they wanted a $75.oo Fee for someone to look at it. I don't think so Tim......

This store has Salespeople that Lie for a Commission and warranties that don't hold water. They do not stand behind their Products, and they are not to be trusted? We will not be buying any more products from Sears....

Hello I took my family to the Sears photo department today for photos and I am completely outraged by the professional performance of your staff. I made a 530 pm appointment to get photos done, seeing as I have a 3 month old child we showed up early so she would be well rested and happy.

We were not taken back until close to 630, as if that wasn't bad enough, once taken back the room was not set up for us, my boyfriend had to assist with the set up just to get us in and able to shoot! Afterwards we asked to have a family photo done and then my daughters pictures to be taken with the
Christmas background, which did not happen.

The Sears lady who was taking our photos, I'm unsure of her name, was complaining about the other employees, yelling out the room to other staff members and had her thing underwear out the entire time. I was horribly affected. Once the shoot was done she informed us to return back in 20 mins to see out enhanced photos. To be kind we gave her two hours, seeing as we could walk around and see Santa.

When she returned at 830 pm, our photos were still not done, and we received an attitude because we came back. Once looking at the photos we asked how much it would be to purchase the CD with the photos on it, the lady then told us the price and tried to get us to buy the photos unenhanced and said we could do them at home!?

Why would I pay your company to do something at home by myself? I digress, then afterwards she asked me to schedule an appointment tomorrow to look at my photos and said " this way if you make an appointment this time you won't have to wait" as if we didn't have an appointment this time???!

The lady also took the liberty to inform us about her child that has past away which made both my boyfriend and I very uncomfortable. I am outraged by the procedures and actions they took. I wanted to inform Sears before you loose anymore customers. Thank you for your time.

I think you have allowed a scam to run on Sears website. I am VERY angry about how this was handled. A business advertised this greenhouse and took my money. They realized they had advertised it at a very low rate and immediately took it off your website within hours of my purchase. Instead of trying to rectify the problem back on December 14th, which would have allowed me to find a different gift, they mis-informed you and me for weeks that they had shipped the item. I called the supposed shipper, Demar, who had NEVER received the product to ship. After many emails and phone calls which included confirmation by Sears that the product had shipped and was due to arrive on 12/31, I was finally able, on 1/3/12, to get in contact with AMi Ventures, the company who advertised the product.

The owner had blatently lied to me telling me that he had been informed by Demar that the product had been damaged during shipment on 12/29 and was returned to him without getting to it's destination and that he had personally informed Sears of this matter. He went on to lie to me telling me that the greenhouse was no longer being manufactured and he would have to return my money. I have contacted the manufacturer, Rion, and they do in fact still make the greenhouse and have many still available. When I told the Ami Venture owner that I had been in contact with all these people and wanted the greenhouse delivered, he said he would call me back within 30 minutes.

When he did finally return my call, he then changed his story to say that the greenhouse is still manufactured but the company would not have any available for 25 days so he would have to refund my money. I had planned to give this greenhouse to my father-in-law, a 70+ year-old-man, who went home and prepped his yard in anticipation of his new 8 ft 6 inch x 20 ft 9 inch greenhouse. Ami Ventures mistakenly advertised this product at a very low price and then lied repeatedly about the product and it's shipment, laying blame on Demar and Sears, in order to to avoid making good on their advertised price. Sears is part of false advertisement, defamation of other businesses, and fraud. I want the advertised greenhouse package delivered for the advertised price.

Back in March of this year while shopping in your Nanuet New York store, I was approached by one of your Sears employees who politely solicited me for the replacement of house front doors, as this was something I was considering doing I rendered my personal information to be contacted by a sales man. Your sales man Dave Ellis contacted me and a home appointment was set up. Dave arrived on April 6th was polite, informative, and sold me a double front door set with installation. Approximately two and a half weeks later Dave called me to inform me the door set I had purchased was discontinued (a sales man selling a discontinued product?). Mistakes happen and a revised contract was drawn up to reflect a change in the door style. On June 4th a Sears contracted company arrived as scheduled and brought the front doors to the rear of my house for installation (I became concerned with their ability to do the job correctly).

They removed the appropriate front doors and installed the new ones, I immediately identified the job as poor and unsatisfactory work, the locking mechanism on the main door was broken, the remedy was to change it off with the secondary door, viewing the doors from the interior of my home I see day light peeking through, the exterior molding was destroyed, and from the interior the moldings are lopsided. This information was immediately conveyed to Dave Ellis and Yevette Manager at you New Rochelle Office. After numerous communications and unreturned calls Yevette has shown an unwillingness to correct this problem. I have been told the hold up was the purchasing of the exterior molding, and should be in shortly, when finally another Sears contractor arrived (late August) he only knew there was an installation problem, he concurred with it and new measurements were taken, and the molding would need to be ordered.

This as been going on for three months now, with little if any cooperation from your New Rochelle office, how much more patience am I supposed to display? As the colder weather arrives I am sure you understand my concerns to have this corrected, hopefully I will get some results with this complaint, if not the only resolution I can see is to have a contractor hired by me correct this problem and debit the balance of the monies still owed to Sears. I need some help here, thank you.

I received a flyer stating that Sears had a new service called coloring existing grout in tile. I made an appointment. after telling
the lady that my bathroom was very small and it would be a small job. I was told that the minimum job cost was $99 for any job. I agreed to that and the technician arrived the next week. The worker came in and showed me the tile colors---there were MANY.

I chose two colors. The worker returned to his truck and he stayed for a while. When he returned, he stated that I had chosen colors that
were not in the regular color price. My colors would have to be special ordered and it would be a $65 extra charge. I said no because
I had a worman coming the next day to fix the rest of the bathroom. I asked to see the color chart again and I hurridly chose another color--As it turned out, the next day in the daylight, it was a blue base???There was dye on the wall and the door(It washed off).

I called the manager and he basically said that it didn't pay him to do special colors on small jobs. This was a true bait and switch. Oh yes, there was also an $8 service fee added to the total cost. I am very disappointed in Sears--I am 74 years old and I have been using Sears products for the past 46 years--My first kitchen in this house was all Kenmore. Pleas DO NOT have your tile colored---they don't know what they are doing--It is a mess.

I paid for and ordered an Electrolux washer on 10/13/12 from your store #4057 -5901 Griggs Rd. Houston Tx 77023. I came back on 10/22/12 to pick it up and brought it back to my office. I unpacked it and took all of the shipping screws out, plugged it in and couldn't get the drum to spin. I called the help line for Electrolux and after trying to trouble shoot it, they told me to get a hold of the store that sold it to me. I called your store and after the girl going back and forth to my call several times, she told me she couldn't help me. I told her that I needed to speak to the Manager. A manager by the name of Daniel got on the phone and told me that he would order me another washer and have it delivered today 10/29/12.

I just called the store back and the girl told me that I had to call the delivery ctr. After being on hold with them for 30 minutes, they turned me back over to what sounded like the same girl that told me she couldn’t help me the 1st time. This time she tells me that I would have to wait another week and I would have to pay for the delivery. I told her that I needed to speak to another manager. She gave me to Daniel again. He told me that he couldnt help me. I told him that I wanted to speak to his District Manager. He told me that he couldn’t give out his phone number. The bottom line is I purchased this thing and have to wait on delivery a month before I will see it delivered if they don't screw it up again!

I ordered a refrigerator online on Nov 19th. To make sure that the order was processed correctly, I phoned and spoke to a gentleman to make sure that the model I had chosen would come with an ice maker and a right hand door, and that my old fridge would be removed. A few days later, the fridge was delivered, without an ice maker and with a left hand door. Also, I was never told that a fridge with an ice maker requires a plumber to disconnect it, so as a result my old fridge was left in my kitchen along with the new one. I managed to get a plumber to come in 20 minutes to disconnect my old fridge; however it took over 10 phone calls and 4 full days of waiting for the old fridge to actually be picked up!!

It took a total of 8 phone calls to get the door reversed on the new fridge. And, three service calls!! The first time a service person came I was told that it would cost me $125.00 to make the change. I had been told by a sales rep that the change would only cost $25.00. So, in desperation to get the thing done, I told the service technician that I would pay that amount if necessary and argue about it later. At that point, the technician advised me that he could not do it anyway as there was a part missing!! I waiting a few more days and finally got another visit from the same technician who then asked me if UPS had delivered a part. I asked him what part was he talking about as other people had told me that there was no part required to switch the door. He refused to elaborate.

I asked him to please just switch the door so it opened on the right side. He told me he could not do it without this mysterious part. He left again. He phoned me twice in that afternoon to inquire if UPS had arrived with the part he needed. At 4 p.m. he stopped calling and I had to again phone and talk to several people to attempt to get another appointment!! After being hung up on a few times, I finally reached a person who advised me that the whole problem could be blamed on the french speaking Montreal office!! No explanation what had actually occurred etc. but I have always been polite to innocent people just doing their jobs.

In total, I have had to spend hours contacting Sears and had to wait 3 days for service calls without getting the problem solved. Today, another technician arrived in a Sears truck (the other guy was sub contracted as the truck did not say Sears0 and he changed the doors with no problem and no mysterious part that never arrived and was never needed in the first place!!! About the ice maker, I could not tolerate trying to get that delivered!!

I have been a loyal Sears customer for over 40 year. I have purchased appliances for my rental properties, relatives, my own cottage and all my Xmas gifts. If this is not settled to my satisfaction, I never intend to deal with Sears again,. I would like to have at least $200. taken off the price of this fridge as my time and the amount of irritation caused by this ridiculous situation is worth much more than that. i would appreciate a response. This is the second complaint that I have written to Sears about this situation. No reply came from my first complaint.

I am not a Happy Customer .To start with I had put the wrong apartment Number on my Order .So went I discovered my mistake I called Sears and Agent ID told me she would redirect my order to the correct apartment. Ok then a few days go by and its time for it to be delivered a day or two before Christmas 2011. So I checked its status and it said it had been delivered..guess what not to me it went to the apartment that I had Called Sears about,that Agent told me had been changed.Well then I called UPS and ask where my package was and I explained that it had been redirected from sears to come to my address.

UPS told me that there had not been a redirect on that package and it was not there problem I had to call sears so agent Lied To Me. So what was I to do Agent was messing up My Christmas .It was going to take a week to get it all fixed, so I went to that apartment that had my mail and ask her if she had a package with my name on it .She said she did and gave it to me. I returned to my apartment to inspect my package and I could not believe what I saw.The Lady that had my mail OPENED MY PACKAGE IT WAS TAPED ALL THE WAY AROUND IT.SHE OPENED MY MAIL.

That is the main reason I am upset with Agent because She did not do her job I feel violated and upset about having to chase my package down and then it was opened up by a neighbor.....Signed Unhappy Customer Who Sears Needs To Reture My Shipping Charges because I had to Go Through This....

Hi, My name is Sureyya Cetin and my home address is 18W180 16th str.Villa park
Referring to compain on internet , I had appointment for today at 1.00 till 3.00 PM for air duct cleaning and furnace cleaning and I confirmed the appointment on phone with the person named Eric. referring to phone conversation with him, I left my husband at home and I went to work.I told him to tell them I will come back at 2.30 to pay the bill which I heard from Eric that I will pay the bill when the job is done. Person from Sears arrives around 1.00 PM , fills the papers and asks for the bill cash or check before they start to job. and when says I will come back in an hour they say no, they cant start working without having the money.. My husband offers half of the bill in cash , which he has in his pocket, but they say they want whole. And they leave .
This is very very disappointing situation. I have been working with sears since when I was a kid and I never heard or lived this before.

I have been a Sears customer for many years and our house and garage are full of Sears products. Lately when we are shopping, you can't get waited on. We purchased a hot water heater on 7/29/11. We stood and waited for somone to wait on us. We were even told they called and someone would be with us soon. They never showed up. A sales clerk from the washer/dryer department saw that we had been waiting for a long time and came over to help us as we were just leaving to go somewhere else. We ended up buying your product and had it installed.

We had heard that it was possible we could get a rebate from Consumers Energy so I checked into it and was told I had to find out if it was installed by a contractor that was a part of this with Consumers. I have tried to contact this department. I was told by an automated message that all sales personal were busy with costomers and would call me back within an hour. That was 10:30 am this morning. I called a second time at 1:55 pm and got the same message. I left my number again, telling them this is my second call. No one called me back yet and it's 2:30 PM.

This is a good way to loose customers and we were about to leave that day. I would appreciate it if I could get a call on the information I wanted to ask and what has been going on here.

Purchased Nintendo DSI XL at sears.com on December 04. I received a confirmation email that the shipment might not go out for about 10 days, and that I would receive notice. On the eve of December 23rd (5:30pm) I still had not received, so went online to track order status. Learned from tracking number that order had been cancelled by Sears on December 20th. Called Sears.com customer service. Service agent said order was cancelled because item not in stock. Service agent further said that they checked about a dozen other sources but item was not available. While keeping service agent on phone with me, I went online to Sears.com, where the item was showing "in-stock".

Further, I went checked local Sears store availability online, where the item was showing "in-stock" at both of the closest sears stores to me. In addition, it was "in-stock" on Amazon.com, and I checked Pricegrabber.com and it was "in-stock" at 13 other locations online. So, Sears customer service basically fed me a load of BS, and Sears.com didn't have the courtesy to inform me right before Christmas that they had no intention of delivering the product to me.

Fortunately, it was "in-stock" at the Target 2 miles from my house so I was able to purchase it anyway (albeit with the inconvenience of needing to hit a Target on the Friday night before Xmas). I was on hold with Sears' service agent more than 45 minutes trying to get a satisfactory apology - but never did. While I was on-hold, I took screenshots of all of the "in-stock" availability to verify the truth in everything I am saying. I took screenshots of the cancellation, I took screenshots of every email I received from Sears on this matter, as well as every Sears credit-card email I receive - basically to support that Sears never bothered to notify me in any way.

So, I guess the message is - if you purchase online from Sears, maybe you'll get what you ordered and maybe you won't, but don't trust the Sears brand name as something you can rely on to be decently notified if they cannot meet their implicit obligation to you. Apparently, they could care less. I'll now copy and paste this message into every online consumer complaint site I can find.

I purchased an LG washer in March 2011. It quit working on January 15, 2013. I called Sears repairs and got an appointment for January 15. The technician did actually show up, said that the pump had broken and that a part would have to be ordered. The part showed up promptly, but I could not get another repair appointment until January 25 (today). Someone called this afternoon and canceled the appointment.

Reason given: hazardous weather (not true - weather was not hazardous). He said the would call back with a new appointment date. In the meantime, I called Sears repair (the MYHOME number) and promptly got cut off. Finally, after three calls and being shuffled around among four "service(?)" representatives I managed to get the appointment rescheduled for January 26th.

Shortly after that the guy who canceled on me originally with the "weather" excuse called to say he thought he could reschedule me for January 28th. This time he didn't use the "weather" excuse but said that the technician had hurt himself. So who knows when a technician will show up. I have been without a washer now for almost two weeks.

It is bad enough to have a washer break down less than two years after purchase. It is unacceptable to wait almost two weeks to get it fixed (assuming that the technicians show up tomorrow).

Needless to say, I will not purchase anything else from Sears, ever.

I ordered a windbreaker for my father for Chritmas this year. I called the Sears customer telephone listed on their website for help. I tried four times to get this order made. I was hung-up on twice when I called to complain that I was being charged a shipping fee even though I placed a order over $50.00, this was according to the website promotion.

I spoke to people who had such a thick Indian accent it wa extremely hard to understand them speak. I placed the windbreaker for a price of $70.00 dollars. I placed the order early, November 18th, 2012 as I was starting my Christmas shopping early. I asked if I would have any trouble returning this item and waw told " NO". I did not know that I was ordering from a third party sales company named Fast Media, my bill listed the company as Marketplace.

I did not know what. Third party sales even was. I took the windbreaker to the local Sears in Asheville, NC which is 1 hour away. I was told by the manager that I had to return the item back to the Third party, Fast Media. When I talked to Fast Media I was told that I could not get my money back since it had been ordered on November 18th. This is redicious considering Fast Media is saying a item has to be returned in 7 days.

How is this possible to mail back to them in time anyway. I will never go inside a Sears again and will not order on-line with them again. I have had a Sears credit card for over 35 years and bought appliances, furniture and riding lawn mower from them. What has happened to the quality of this company??? I have not had any satisfaction with any of the company's representatives and very saddened that Sears has sunk to this level.

I will pursue this complaint to the Consumer Protection Deptartment of the North Carolina Attorney General. I am not being treated fairly, I want a credit to my account for this charge.

On Monday January 21, 2013 approximately 11:00 am, I called your Service department to order a Hot water tank for a house that we just purchased. We couldn't stop the leaking, so we decided to have a new one put in. I have been a customer of Sears for many years, so I trusted them.

Because of this reason, I was willing to pay a lot more money than other places I had checked. The ad said if called before noon, guaranteed to be installed the same day. I was so excited. I was told (after putting $652.96 on my Sears credit card) that I would receive a phone call to set it up within 2 hours. ( A few minutes later, I called to give the representative my cell phone number because I wouldn't have access to any other phone) I was told no problem.

Four hours later, I decided to call back and see why I hadn't been called. The gentleman that answered said he did not understand why this happened and put me on hold to check something out. He came back and apologized to me and said it would be delivered between 10 - 2 the next morning.

He nicely told me that the guarantee was broken so he was sending me a $50 gift card within 14 days. SO the next day I went over to the new house at 9:50 am. (which I might add we are doing repairs, so there is nothing in there) I decided to call and check on it around 11:30 am and was sent to 4 different people and the last one kept me on hold for 45 minutes.

The call totaled aprox. 1 hr. finally, someone got on and said, your Hot Water Tank is scheduled to be delivered between 1 and 3pm. I couldn't believe it. In the meantime I was asked by every representative what the address was and I said 18 Barone Circle Cheektowaga, NY 14225. SO, around 3:30 pm I called again, asking where the Hot water tank was.

I was sent again to 4 different people, and put on hold again and got cut off, this call was approx. 20 minutes long. I then called back and got the run around again. The representative asked me what the address was that it was going to, and I told him.

He said we don't have that address. I said, excuse me, I have told it to at least 8 people. He said no, we have 10 Estelle Drive (my now address). I never once mentioned 10 Estelle Drive.

He said I am going to have to put you on hold, I told him please don't they don't answer and I can't afford to be on hold again. WELL, there I was on hold for over 1 hour and when I hit 1 hr 9 minutes, I was losing my battery life. I got in my car, ran home and left the phone on I plugged the phone in while it was still on hold. I then noticed my answering machine was blinking (at home)..

It was a message stating that my Hot water tank would not be delivered until the next day. Turns out the installation people were given the wrong address and the wrong phone number. I contacted Sears Service Department again and told them that I was going to cancel the order. He said he would send me another $50 gift card, that was all he had authority to do.

I'm sorry, but anyone and everyone that missed two days would get that. I am so upset and stressed out over this situation.

I didn't cancel, because we were in the middle of putting new flooring in and needed the HWT in as soon as possible. I have never been so upset with a company. SEARS, wow, I cannot believe that I was put through all of this by SEARS. I don't believe that the installers are to blame, I believe it all stemmed on that first call. I don't know how this can be made right, but I definitely deserve some king of restitution.

I might add, I am affected with Mitochondrial Disease which helps STRESS deplete energy. I have not been able to physically function for days, mainly because of this situation. ALSO, I had 11 days left on my calendar for my cell phone and only a few minutes left for the month because of being on the phone with sears on hold 1hr 54 minutes and talking to representatives approximately 1 hr 30 minutes beside meaning I lost 204 minutes. Sincerely, Linda Roesch

To whom it may concern: My parents had Sears do the roof on their home on 1 April, 1999. My father is deceased now and my mother is 87. Her roof is leaking and I can not find the papers on it. When I called to get a copy from you I was told no..That the only thing you had was the date if installation and that was all a case worker was assigned and after 9 days of trying to get her to call me she called on Friday 12 October, 2012 and said they only had a notation on the account that said the warranty was for 10 years..Now when I called the first time I was told nothing was on the account. I was also told you had nothing signed by my parents (Katherine and M.R. Hayes 2724 Kenwood Ave. Fort Wayne, IN 46805). I find it hard to believe that a roof costing thousands of dollars was only good for 10 years. This is not the first time we have had to have you come out and fix it. I have not yet contacted our building commissioner as of this date. Nor have I called our insurance company. I would like to get this problem settled. Please call me at 260-710-1146 (cell) to speak to me. thank you for your time ..Kelly Hayes-Brotherton.

We ordered a treadmill from Sears and it was delivered yesterday, 4/11/13. We never received a phone call the night before to inform us of the two hour delivery window like we were told we should expect. We called the next morning to confirm delivery and it took 15 minutes for the service representitive to even find our delivery confirmation on the computer and they told us the window would be 12-2. However, at 10:30, I receive a phone call from delivery saying they will be there within the hour, which was great. However, they don't show up until after 2:00..... very upsetting as my husband ended up having to stay home from work for this. In addition, today 4/12/13, as we were leaving for work, we notice that the delivery team had left the whole treadmill box and garbage (box being over 6 ft long and 3 f t wide) hidden on the side of our house out of view. As it had been raining all the previous day, the box is now soaked and too heavy to move. We are very disgusted that the delivery team a. ) did not dispose of the garbage like Sears said they would. and b.) did not even inform us they were leaving it and c. ) hid the trash out of view on the side of our house!!! This is ridiculous and I guess a little consideration on their part is too much to ask.

I have been going back and forth trying to get a refund back on my credit card. The order number is ********. I have spoken with a manager at the Mesquite Tx store named Jen who said she would call me back and I have never heard from her. I have been going back and forth since 12/21/11 on getting my refund. All I have been getting is the run around. I am extremely disappointed with Sears customer service and willingness to issue my refund for merchandise I have not received. At this point I am tired and frustrated because I am receiving horrible service.

Contacted 1-800-4-myhome to order sevice on my Kenmore dishwasher that I purchased at Sears. (all of my appliances were purchased at Sears). I was given a time for the next day for service between the hours of 8am to 5pm. I was also told I would receive a call and email confirming my appointment.

So, I took off work the next day to wait on the repairman. By 11am I had not received a call or email so I call the 1-800 number again. I was then told that the service was scheduled for NEXT Friday!!! Not today! I am very upset because I took off work for this appointment and Cannot take off again with the possibility that the repairman will not show again!!! I was good enough to give thousands of dollars to Sears for my appliances but not good enough to talk to a person or get service for my appliance!.. I will be contacting the BBB for your poor costumer service and not standing behind your products! I will never buy another thing from Sears, much less the extended warrenties purchased!

I took a Sears Craftman 3000 Power Washer in for repair for none preassure, charged $35.00 for service fee to find out their recommendation is to replace the pump with a new pump for $534.09 plus sales tax. Asked what was wrong with the pump, no comments where given or written down by the techinician I was told. Then, I asked why replace the pump if you don't know what is wrong? No resposnse. It is a joke to take anything to Sears for repair because all you are going to get is to buy a new part or product.....what a waste of time & money.

Buying Sears Craftmans machines are just as good as the Company which is going down hill and probably go out of business. Why is it so difficult to get ANY cooperation from sears repair service. I am ready to call our local news station and tell the to look into why we can't get parts or repair in a reasonable amount of time. This is my second email to advise you how unhappy We are. Several reasons We are upset, from horribly rude service reps to being forced to buying an unwanted service warranty. Could not pin your people down on a correct date of service to not being able to get the correct part.

The only person who could speak reasonably was the repair tech who showed up at our house only to find that the part had not even been ordered. Please refer to my previous e mail, and get someone to call me other than someone in India to tell me when my part will arrive and and when I can expect the repair to be completed. This is the most annoying repair I have ever requested. I also do not want to continue calling India just to be told the part s still on b/o.

I placed an order on sears.com thru a phone rep. ruby lyn.....i asked what the delivery date would be and was told 12/11/12 for a crosley turntable............i said great and continued with the order. the rep had trouble getting a confirmation # so i logged onto my bank site to make sure the credit card was only being processed once........and it was. again i confirmed the price and delivery date of 12/11/12 and was told that was all correct. no confirmation # could be given at the time due to system problems...an email would be sent. confirmed delivery date 12/26/12......

I called immediately back and asked how i get expedite the delivery...extra pymnt....fine. was told no can't do that. i said please cancel order.....cant do that. i have been on the phone and chat rooms for two days and cannot cancel order. can't get refund. told too late sucker!!! insane and unethical 5 minutes and too late to cancel order. i have spoken to every foreign country that handles sears.com and no resolution. sears.com is a rip off......do not patronize them. i want a credit to my account and the order cancelled.

I have ordered the product from an american site and it is on it's way and should arrive in 2 days. sears will never have my business again.......or anyone that i can tell about this experience either. sears.com unethical contacting better business bureau also. 5 minute span on a sunday and too late to cancel order......ridiculous!

I have so much to say that I'll apologize in advance for the length of my corsp. The history is this - last week I ordered an electric dryer on line - order # 286246324 - paid in full by credit card for dryer, removal and installation. I later learned that I should not have paid for installation as I don't need that on an electric dryer, but that's such a small portion of the issues here that I'll just quickly suggest that a nice feature on you site may have been to tell me that while I was ordering - rather than take the extra $ 129 dollars. So while ordering I took a date for delivery of Tuesday the 15th, and received a confirmation e-mail telling me I'd get an e-mail the night before with a window of delivery time.

When that e-mail never arrived I started at 7 a.m. with your online chat trying to find out what happened. That took so long that I had to leave for work, the person I was chatting with said yes they could send me an e-mail following up - which they never did and so began my nightmare with Sears. So after I got to work and still had not hear anything I began my phone calls, those phone calls took me a TOTAL of 147 minutes throughout the day on the 15th - and I was told many different things by many different people that day. Those things included: "oh you didn't need the installation because it's electric so the installation department looked at that ticket and didn't know what to do with it so it sat there" ~ "your physical address came through as xxxxx we can't see the address so we could not deliver"...but the most common thing I heard and by FAR the most frustrating was that I was talking to the wrong department and had to talk to someone else.

Delivery told me that I could not be helped by them because it was scheduled for installation, transfer ~ Installation told me that I could not be helped by them because I didn't need installation, transfer ~ Installation sent me to sears.com because it was my fault that I ordered and paid for installation when I should not have - sears.com transferred me to delivery and so on and so forth. A grand total of 2.5 hours on the phone, losing money on MY job because I was on the phone with your company not working. I make fifty dollars per hour - and thus your merry-go-round cost me $150 so far, not counting the $471 out of my account you took and no dryer.

FINALLY I got a person on the phone - her name was Jeanie or Janine - her supervisor was Cody (one) - who did NOT transfer me - but actually tried to help me. What we finally agreed was this - we would NOT cancel the installation because in order to do that we would have to cancel the entire order and rebill me immediate - but my credit would not arrive for 7 to 14 days - which was unacceptable to me. She told me that she spoke to the installers was letting it go through and that someone would CALL me in 4 to 6 hours - that they said it could be delivered next day and they would give me a time frame. As compensation for the trouble, (i.e. to cover some of the installation costs that I was paying in error) she would send me a $ 100 gift card. Okay great - at least she worked with me to get a plan to get me the dryer etc.

She was nice, helpful, went out of her way and I commend her. Of course it's unfortunate that phone call never came in the next 4-6 hours - but I was SO tired of this whole thing I did not call back again that night - I felt like just quitting. The next morning a call came in from sears - which I missed getting to the phone in time but the message said 'we are trying to schedule delivery but we need your physical address it didn't come through' - now I think that's amazing that I got that phone call because the delivery address was in the e-mail confirmation I originally received - and I gave that address to no less than THREE of people I was on the phone with for two and a half hours the day before - but I was hopeful that my dryer might finally be coming - so I called back.

I got a woman on the phone who would not listen to the story I was telling her and wanted to start again from ground zero about how we HAD to cancel the installation - and I spent ANOTHER 18 minutes on the phone on hold etc. because she said that what my arrg. were from the day before could NOT take place as we had agreed and she had to "see what she could do".

I hung up because now I'm up to my bank account is STILL out $ 471 dollars, I'm looking at another 2 hours on the phone merry-go-round of the sears departments who don't speak to one another and there is no dryer in sight - so 3 hours was the maximum time I was willing to invest on this fiasco. About 2 hours later 2 e-mails came through to me from Sears telling me how a credit was issued due to my cancellation of my order and that I'll need to respond to authorize recharge of my credit card - and that point I knew that not only would I not be giving you another $400 to jerk me around for days, that I'll never buy so much as a pair of socks from Sears again.

I understand that "Sears" is a HUGE corporation and that my little $500 dryer order means nothing in the big picture - but I too work in customer service and I've always held the belief that EVERY order and every customer counts, because when I get done posting a copy of this letter on facebook and e-mailing it to everyone I know, and telling everyone I know this story ~ it's got to cost you at least a little more than my piddly little dryer order. You may be thinking ~ we're sending you a $100 gift card what more do you want. Honestly that gift card means nothing to me at this point - you cost me $ 150 on the phone losing time on my job, I won't have my money back from you for up to two weeks even though you took it in 30-seconds, another 1/2 hour yesterday - my work cost is up to $175 - no dryer and the sheer amazement and aggrevation at your total lack of customer service.

Then there's the fact that I had to order a dryer from a local vendor for $ 50 more than the one I tried to purchase from you - so this little adventure with Sears cost ME $225 out of MY pocket - along with the $ 471 I'm waiting to come back to my bank - I undertsand the girl who said she was sending the gift card was trying to do something good and be helpful and honestly she was the ONLY person I spoke to even really TRIED but by far I would have preferred to get the dryer I paid for on the day that it was supposed to be delivered - I even said that I didn't CARE about paying for installation I didn't have to pay and because your 3 departments apparently have zero communications even that could not happen. I have never been so disgusted and disgruntled by a transaction in my life, it's like I am being punished for ordering and PAYING for unnecessary installation - I don't know how I was supposed to KNOW I didn't need the installation - it would have been nice if somewhere in the online order process Sears had told me that before they took my money and took me on this horror ride.

I thought about contacting the BBB with this little story too - but they'll want to know what resolution I want and I guess it's to late for that really - as long as my money comes back to me - whenever it finally does - the rest I'm never going to recover but oh my a lesson learned. Sears, K-mart any of the stores associated with sears will never see a dollar of my business again - and I do fully intend to share this disaster with everyone I know. When I buy my next applicance - Sears will never again be even a consideration - the absolute most horrid customer service in the world - I'm sure they won't be but Sears should be so very embarrassed by this disaster of a cancelled sale. I do thank you for you time.

I received a Combo kit that included a Drill, flashlight,Vaccuum and Skill Saw. It worked fine for about 3 months and the batteries failed to recharge. I even purchased another battery and it did the same thing. That being said I am not able to use any of the tools and when I brought this to the attention of a Sears store they pretty much said "Oh well!" I don't want to throw out the tools but I also don't want to keep buying batteries that don't hold a charge. Can you help?

I am hoping that this indeed is read and acted upon by someone at least as this ongoing saga continues since January 16, 2013. We have been steady consumers of Sears and have indeed referred our family as they immigrate to Canada and have spend over $25,000 cdn in home appliances. We purchased a Bosch cooktop about 4 years ago when we purchased a new home. This cooktop gave us trouble as it would keep showing error messages and it had come to that , that we had to switch the main circuit on and off whilst cooking – thus we called Sears as we were within the warranty period. We finally received a service visit from a technician who ostensibly fixed the problem. I then noticed that the timer had stopped working and the indicator light was not as in the original , so we called again. The technician came and tried to fix it but couldn’t. Then someone came again, this time when they left, the bridging component would come on and remain on despite being switched off thus posing a hazard and the big burner decided to completely give up. So another technician followed, he was on the phone with ostensibly Bosch and after an hour called me to tell me that the part installed was wrong, it was a fire hazard and they had installed a wrong component and he was swtiching off the main panel. He said that they had no idea when and how the part would come or work. Then I called customer service who asked me to speak to Lisa at Brampton home who was the only one authorised to give us a replacement. After much ado, she sent a replacement , unfortunately it was a complete range and not a cooktop so that didn’t help. I wa offered a loaner of a single burner which I had to pick up despite being told that they would deliver it. Then last Monday I called to speak to someone who could actually do something and was put on to supervisor Angelo who called back to say that it would be delivered that day. Nothing happened. I then called on Friday evening, very nice young man and he told me that Angelo would call me right away if not Monday. Today is Wednesday. No one called to cancel a Friday visit so my poor mother was downstairs waiting from 9am to 5pm in the hope that someone would arrive. I just called out of curiosity today and apparently a service visit is slated for this Friday and of course no one has called me to tell me that and they will call on Thursday expecting us to drop everything and be at home.

Is this a parody that doesn’t seem to end or is this normal service delivery. I am sorry I bought stuff from Sears believing in their service and I am sorry I recommended our neighbours and family who also spent in the thousands at Sears.

Meanwhile our family of six have incurred over $400 in eating out costs, and a complete wastage of raw vegetables and meats that we as indians like to cook. I don’t think that anything will be done. I am going to put this on social media so another family such as ours is not taken for a ride in the form of warranties and extended warranties. I am told that Sears does not replace such old purchases and so it continues.

Easier to copy and paste this...

If I have things in layaway that are over half paid for there is no way they should be removed and given to someone else. It was made very clear that the layaway WAS a contract which your company once again broke. Last year this happened with a fireplace and refrigerator, this year it has happened multiple times. I have had it with this bs. Instead of contacting the store as you suggested I am going to contact the FTC AND THE BBB. I WILL BE SURE TO SEND ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE TO THEM AS WELL.
ROBIN GRIEGO

-----Original Message-----
From: Imran
To: KIND70
Sent: Sun, Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm
Subject: Re1:Re: Urgent Attention needed for your sears.com order (KMM24749439V99770L0KM)
Good Morning Robin,

Thank you for contacting sears.com regarding your order number 403266350. We owe you an apology for the items being canceled.

The hedge shears and screwdriver set was canceled due to the item being out of stock (you chose a very popular item). Whilecanceled our inventory is updated, our website serves customers throughout the entire country, it is typical that several customers will have the same item in their cart. Inventory is again verified after the order is submitted. It can happen that more orders are submitted than we can complete.

As the layaway contract is associated with the store where the merchandise is being held, I would suggest you to contact the store at 308-389-6800 for further assistance.

We want to make you happy. Please take our survey to tell us how we're doing.

Joel p.(lrao1)
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@customerservice.sears.com
1-800-366-3028

We were supposed to get a delivery of our washer and dryer on feb 25th between 3-5pm. This item was bought on jan 12th. We waited for our delivery till 6pm. We called them several times after that with 30 to 1 hour intervals. The delivery department kept telling us to wait for it. After 9:30 i was sure they arent gonna deliver it today. But they never had the decency to call to let us know if they will be late or that they wont be able to deliver.

Finally they tell us they will now deliver it march 1st! Which is ridiculous! We also got hung up on twice! We were so angry! I asked to be compensated, they only offered a $25 dollar gift card! No thanks! You can keep your stupid $25!! I called again the next morning to see if they could deliver it sooner. Instead now they said they will deliver it march 2nd! Enough is enough! They obviously dont know what they were talking about!

At one point they even said, they dont have our product available and one person also said that they already delivered it to us! We wanted to cancel our order which was another insane production! We had to call twice! Hopefully they cancelled our order and HOPEFULLY we will get our refund!! I dont trust sears at all!! The service is awful! Extremely unprofessional!!!

The delivery departmenr is horrible! We are never buying anything from sears ever again!! We went to best buy to buy our washer amd dryer. It sucks that sears wasted our time with this! We bought this item more than a month ago! They had enough time to get their shit together and deliver our product! Obviously it was too much for them to handle! Never again! And we will make sure that everyone we know knows about our horrid experience from sears so they dont waste their time and money on sears either!

I purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite refrigerator several years ago. The problems started right away. I have never been able to use the water feather, the ice maker stopped within a year because when I put anything in the freezer the element in the back of the freezer is blocked in anyway the refrigerator freezes and shuts down. I have been dealing with this for several years and my complaints have gone unanswered. I have seen the same complaints regarding this refrigerator on the website but I have not seen anything regarding how sears is dealing with this problem. Have they issued a recall or solution to their customers regarding this issue. I have all Kenmore products in my home. In the past I was a cheerleader for Kenmore. However, this problem has me uneasy about replacing my refrigerator with another Kenmore product.

This 4th of July weekend, we went to Sears in Orange Park, FL to potentialy purchase a new cooktop for our kitchen. The sales rep was cordial and showed us the displays and attempted to answer our questions. We returned the next day, after researching various sources of the product we wanted, to work out a deal on the new cooktop. Since it was a major holiday and they advertised huge savings, we decided to purchase from Sears.

The cook top we decided on was made by Electrolux. We were quickly informed that Electrolux appliances were not part of the sale. We then asked them to price match the product with Lowe's since their advertised price was $300 less than Sears. The sales rep called his manager and then told us that Lowe's was losing their license to sell Electrolux and Sears would not honor the price match policy.

When we checked with Lowe's corporate (via their customer service line), we found that this was a lie. Sears just didn't want to price match and the Lowe's price was the suggested Electrolux suggested retail price. We questioned the sales rep and also asked for the manager and were told he was "out" (after allegedly answering the question from the salesman). Nothing bothers me more than someone lying to my face.

WE went to Lowe's and got the lower price and a 10% military discount.
Beware of doing business with Sears. They will not honor their "Blue Team" policy of price match + 10% of the difference. They will just lie about the competition and attempt to charge full price. Bad business!!

I purchased 2 pairs of shorts from sears.com & when they came to me, they were from a different merchant in another state. The shorts were too small so I call sears to make sure I could return them to a nearby store to save on shipping & customer service told me no.. they would have to back to the merchant. The merchant wants to charge an additional $8 to have them shipped back. I had no idea I was not buying my shorts from sears.

I called customer service back on Friday, February 22nd, I was told that they would have UPS send me a label to send & that sears would absorb the shipping. I got no response from UPS so I called again Monday, 2/25/13 and spoke to Shakeena who told me that she would email me the label and to wait 24 to 48 hours. It is now Wed.. 2/27/13 and I called again because I did not get my label and Veronica, your supposed supervisor was extremely rude and told me the customer service reps lied and that Sears would not be responsible for the shipping at all.

I am disappointed in this organization. I have always been a loyal customer at your store and have bought tools, appliances, clothes and have never hesitated to do business with you online. But after dealing with your customer service representatives, your rude manager and this new idea to be like amazon.com , I will never EVER step foot in your store or purchase anything from you again.

I hope the $8 was worth it. I shop at places where the customer always comes first and they do what ever makes the customer happy. I guess you forgot the basic fundamentals of business. Good luck going out of business because that's where you are headed!

We have suffered very disappointing service from Sears Appliance Repair and Sears Customer Service around the same issue - a dishwasher for which we had purchased extended service. To begin the Maytag dishwasher itself had many repair issues. On three occasions Sears ordered the wrong part, on three occasions the repair was not done correctly and service had to come out again, and we, of course, had to stay home to be there.

Most frustrating has been since we began speaking to Sears Corporate Customer Service about the last repair, which is still incomplete, leaving our dishwasher inoperable. They have been stringing us along since last May around ordering the part that is required. I have spent countless hours on the phone with customer service staff, front line and supervisors, all of whom said that they were attempting to resolve the issues - that the part was on order, or the wrong part was shipped and the right part was now on order and so on. Since the last time I contacted Sears customer service by email they have not responded at all.

In the past we had purchased all our appliances for our home and some rental properties, from Sears. We will no longer be dealing with Sears - we have had far superior service from community based retailers and repair people. We bought a washer on 11/10/10 had it installed on 11/22/10 it broke on 12/ 7 /11 they wont honor the warranty even though its only two weeks out the worst part is this is a vacation home and the washer was only used twelve times, and the service dept. refused to talk to me unless i signed an extended warranty.

I am a contractor and always handle a warranty thats even a month out this guy was so rude that we are remodeling our kitchen with all new appliances i can guarantee none will be Maytag or come from sears

I went to Sears today 11-17-2012 to ask about the amish heaters that they sell.Also in my morning newspaper was an ad about the same heaters that Sears sell.The ad was selling the heaters for 295.00 with the coupon in the paper from the company itself .Sears was 399.00.I just ask the sales associate if they honored the coupon in the paper and she just snapped off at me and said that if i want one of those heaters for that price that i better order it because they would not sell one to me unless i paid the 399.00.I just asked a question .I did not need to be talked down to infront of everyone around me.I buy all my household appliances from Sears but with that kind of customer service i will not be going back there anymore.

I should have known when sears kept changing my appointment for my delivery of my washing machine and dryer. After numerous changes in dates and changes in time and them arriving late the manager at sears Hamilton Mayslanding promised me a 100$ gift card which was never received. Months later receive a recall notice and trying to schedule was a mess!!! One representative said it was recall then couldn't schedule me sent me to another rep who said it wasn't recall then to manager who didn't know how to deal with problem who them sent me to tech support who then said I needed the recall department who I was sent to who then said it was a recall but was giving me an 8 hour window which is unacceptable then given to manager who scheduled me and then said it wasn't recall work finally to last manager who said it is recall work and scheduled me and said there will be NO charge..... hmm wonder how this is going to play out!!!!!!!!!!!! Was on the phone for a total of 1 hour 13 minutes terrible!

When Sears say “Good”, don’t think that means respectable, moral or noble – The company have failed deliver and shown the lowest standards of customer service!
When Sears say “Great Price”, don’t think that means they will honor the advertised price – The company secured my purchase money, sent nothing and made me pay more to speak to their security Centre!
When Sears say “Guaranteed”, the only thing I was guaranteed was hours of trouble and frustration.

After over 40 emails and international calls I wrote to Sears Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO / President, Louis J. D'Ambrosio. Two very busy men – I never expected a personal letter in return from either but a month later no one has got back.

I’m out of pocket, feeling distinctly cheated while Sears enjoy “the good life – guaranteed”.

The lesson – don’t fall for any Sears offer that seems like a good deal. I would look elsewhere, even paying a little more, rather than be letdown and treated like dirt.

I ordered a BBQ gas grill from Sears online and had it shipped to my local Sears store. The final order page said that it would be available for pickup in 12-14 days, pending email confirmation. I never received an email nor did I hear a word from Sears. However, I received my credit card statement and was charged for the item.

So I contacted the local Sears store and had no idea what happened to it. Then I called Sears 800 number where I was told that the item was "ready for pickup" but they also showed no inventory for it!!! The guy then checked the inventory at a store 40 miles away. My grill was in stock there. So he canceled the original order, placed a new order and drove the 40 miles to pick it up. That was on Saturday (July 2). Today, July 5, I finally had time to un-crate it in order to put it together.

However, I discovered that it was so damaged that it is unusable!!! I called Sears.com twice and they were no help. Then I called the store during normal business hours more than a dozen times and couldn't get ANYONE to actually answer the phone. However, I finally tried saying "Store Manager" and finally got someone to answer. I told the assistant store manager that I thought Sears should come and pick it up in order to exchange it.

No go. No sympathy. Basically, I'm screwed. So I'll spend another $15 in gas money to correct another Sears screw up. I'm asking for a refund. I don't want an exchange.

Sears then brought my new mattress and box springs, took old out and set it on my front lawn, said there was no room on truck for old. Would be back to pick it up, never returned, numerous phone calls, Sears did not call me back as promised. Trucking Co. said now they would remove it on Saturday, they brought the new on Thursday! If they took a new one off the truck why was there no room for the old one. Person at Co. who delivered it was very hard to understand, could get no satisfaction from them.

If they do not remove it tomorrow, I'm stopping payment on my new mattress and box springs.

I had a light switch that appeared to short in my Kenmore refrigerator, which was under warranty. I contacted sears repair and provided exactly what the machine was doing and the model/warranty service number. A technician came out and read what I reported. He looked at it and then advised the switch may be bad, but the part would have to be ordered. He pulled it apart, bent the wires and reconnected it and it resumed working.

He ordered the part and scheduled the next 4 hour possible time block. I provided him a cell number as an alternate to the home phone listed before he left. At the next service date a week later, I received no call on the cell phone provided, but had a message on the home phone instead. The home message said they were here 10 min prior, while I was outside with my dogs. I immediately called back thru the phone tree, finally to connect with a person who said both numbers were called, my home phone and a number I've never heard of. There was no record of my cell phone at all.

I was told even tho it was less than 15 minutes from initial contact, it would need another 4 hr block scheduled. This is ridiculous! First off, have the part I gave you the info on for the first scheduled maintenance so we don't have to schedule a second date. Secondly, get the phone numbers correct! I can't afford to sit around for 4 hours anymore than you can afford missed appointments. I'm disappointed in your level of service and contact.

I purchased a refrigerator at the Sears Outlet. It was supposed to only have two tiny scratches on the side and a tiny scratch on the handle. It was set to be delivered the day after we moved into a new house, which did not have a refrigerator. It was delivered as scheduled, but 2 hours later it had an error code about a compressor fan error on the screen and was hot on the sides. We called the service line immediately and were told they could not send out a technician to look at our "brand new refrigerator" for 5 days!! When the technician came he said the whole bottom frame of the fridge was bent and it needed a new compressor and evaporation unit. We called Sears and said we wanted to have this refrigerator removed and we would like to buy a new refrigerator at that was not damaged, at the regular Sears store. A "case manager" called and told us he would take care of everything. All we needed to do was get a model number and call him and he would take care of all the details.

When my husband called him back he was told he could not find a model matching that number. I got that number in the Sears store from a sales person, and I could see it online. We decided 1 week after being without a refrigerator, to go and buy the thing in the store ourselves. The sales person was so nice and even called the outlet store for me after I had gotten the runaround trying to talk to a manager. We set up a delivery and removal of the defective one for the very next day. I was so relieved I was finally going to have a refrigerator and be able to fix food for my children. I should have known better. 15 minutes after their scheduled window I was called by the driver and told "due to the weather they could not deliver my item that day, and because it was July 4th the next day I would have to wait 2 days.

I recieved a damaged refrigerator, taken back to store. have spoken to several people on several occasions, and 3 more deliveries have been set, but no refrigerator yet. They were supposd to delivery it today (no call to say it would not be, and again made arrangement for someone to be at my house to recieve appliance). I called at noon and spoke to delivery department. They said that my delivery was scheduled for January 12th. This happened to me before about 6 years ago, but my brother had just purchased one for my mother and it had been delivered the next day, so I tried again. Fool me once same on you, fool me twice same on me. I told them my story and said I wanted to be the first person they delivered to on Tuesday.

To whom it may concern, my name is Mike Kissel and I have a complaint with a company called Fast Media that is associated with you on Sears.com. For Christmas my son purchased a retractable light for me order# 3951610. This light is unopened and unused and we would like to return it for which it is not long enough for me to use in my shop.

We made a trip to Sears at the wood field mall in Il shortly after christmas but were told we didn't have the right number for sears to refund our money.
My wife spent an hour on the phone with someone from Sears because their were no return instructions from Fast Media and they were not answering the phone.

Sears said they would email Fast Media and in return have Fast Media email my son so we could get an RA # to make this return possible. Three days went by before my son received the email. Additional questions were asked why we were returning the merchandise and they didn't give us the RA#.

I recently emailed and left a message on their phone but am waiting for a response as of today 1-15-13. I cannot believe how difficult thy are making this for such a simple return and also this greatly reflects on Sears. I would greatly appreciate help with this so I can return this merchandise.

We have 4 Sears appliances; washer, dryer, stove and refrigirator and have a warranty policy on all 4. We called Sears for service on the washer about 2 months ago as the machine was making noise. We had to wait 2 weeks for the repair technician to come out. He lubricated something, said all was fixed and left. 2-1/2 weeks later the washer died. We called Sears service and was told the first available repair appointment was in 2 weeks so we waited. Sears sent a coupling in the mail during that 2 weeks.

When the technician got to us and checked the washer he found that he would need 4 additional parts, Motor, transmission, tube and something else and that he didn't have the parts and would have to order them and that would take about 2 more weeks. After a week and a half Sears called to see if the parts had arrived. We told them that only one had. Sears then checked there computer system and said the parts would arrive in 3 days. I asked to set up a repair appointment for the day after the parts were scheduled to arrive but was told the first available service appointment would be another 10 days down the road.

By the time the repairs will have been made 5 weeks will have elasped. I told the Sears service operator that with what all the parts and labor was costing it would be cheaper for Sears to have just given us a new washer and we could get the new machine in 2 days. She didn't respond. We will never buy appliances from Sears again. We have since found out from an ex-Sears service technician that Sears now subcontracts out all its service work. He said the service trucks don't say Sears any more and the technicians shirts don't say Sears any more. 2/20/2012

case no.6223595 i just want to express my frustration with sears i only had to line my car up when i replace my tires since i took my car to sears ive had my car lined up three times in 21 mos at my expense i want this complaint to be on file, the person at corporate office was more upset than i was but im the one that paid repeatly for the same thing yet i was told nothing was wrong with my front end im gonna call trouble shooter i plan to boycott this store whole heartly thats why i cancel my card i told my mother to cancel hers two times it was put on her card sears is not public friendly

You had an a/c unit advertized in last sumdays paper. I wne into inquire on the item. I was told i had to come back in a few weeks they will not be on the sales floor until the reset was done. I showed her the ad she said they are in the back but will not be out for a few weeks to come back then. I advised the sale would be off by then. again she said they will not be out for a few weeks. I asked what can be done since it was on sale. SHe said please come back in 2 weeks. If you have an item advertized and do not have it or can not bring it out you should either post an apolgy saying out of stock or at least offer a rain check. I have purchased several appliance and tools off your company over the years. I even purchased a regridgerator and dryer 2 months ago off the otlett here in town. I may need to start rethinking where i purchase my needs. I sent a coment in on the website on monday and have not heard anything back. I even emailed some j brooks the internet said to file a complaint with. I understand resets because i have worked in a chain store myself but you should have least offer rain checks if you are not ready to sell the item. Even i paid more for the item i bought it off of home depot. I do not like shopping at the large hard ware store because of experience dealing with repairs and have never had any problem with sears. If i have purchasing the product or item i may need to figureout another way of buying what i need

We purchased the top of the line Sears appliances when we remodeled our kitchen. The only appliance that runs correctly is the microwave. All the others have failed us. Our glass top, touch panel slide in stove is the latest to fail. It failed days after delivery requiring replacement of the $1000 computer and panel. It has been losing pixels and now has another ERR report and does not work at all. With Thanksgiving upon us, this is a very disturbing event. The dishwasher gives a flashing green light instead of sanitizing. The refrigerator produces ice but does no longer dispense it.
All these appliances are two years old and out of warranty therefore. We have always purchased Sear Kenmore products believing that they are the most reliable appliances out there. Not so any more. May the buyer be aware.

I was scheduled for a repair appointment for my dishwasher between the hours of 1:00 and 5:00 PM on Thursday October 6, 2011. Because my fiance and I both work, we had no one to be home during the hours from 1:00 to 4:00 (when I normally return home from work). I took a half day off of work on the 6th. At approximately 3:30 PM I received a phone call stating that the repairman was running late, but would get to me as soon as possible. As of today, I have still received no further notification from Sears about my scheduled appointment.

To say that I am dissapointed would be an understatement. When I called Sears today they informed me that really nothing could be done, and that they could not disclose the reason to me why the repairman never showed. They couldn't even guarantee me a later time so that I did not have to take off of work again. Needless to say, I won't be taking off of work to sit and wait for someone who may or may not show again. The dishwasher I purchased is not even 6 months old and was installed by Sears.

The fact that it already has issues does not make matters better. I am currently in the process of selling my home, and this is not a bonus by any means to a potential buyer. We are building a new house, and we were planning on using Sears for items such as the garage door opener, knobs for the cabinets, appliances (washer, dryer, etc), but will now go somewhere else where customer service is better understood. We (my fiance and I) understand that things happen, but never contacting us, refusing to make a new appointment that helps to fit our needs, and saying nothing can be done is poor business.

I recently purchased, for Company use, a Sears Kenmore fridge from the Sears Richmond Hill Furniture and Appliance Store. Delivery was scheduled for the following Tuesday between 7am-noon. At the time of purchase I specified and paid $25.00 extra to have the handles placed for a right side door opening. Unfortunately neither happened. The delivery crew left a mumbled message which I could not decipher on my voice mail, and shortly thereafter a Sears representative called to reschedule as, I was advised, noone was there to accept the delivery, this is a business address and I along with 30 others are in the office all day.

It was rescheduled for Thursday between noon and 6pm, and did arrive at 4pm, although I now have to call customer service and have someone come in and reverse the handles. This whole procedure was a royal pain. Sears pay more attention to your employees, and I would suggest your outsourced delivery company B & N Delivery Service do the same.

Approx. 3 weeks ago the door locked on the Kenmore range that was purchased in March of 2011 and under warranty. I contacted my local store where I bought the range and they tryed to get a repairman out quickly but they were told it would be Dec.5 before a service tech could come out. It was the week of Thanksgiving and my family was looking forward to our traditional dinner. This didn't happen and we had to change our plans. Dec. 5 has come and gone and we are now scheduled for Dec 12. I have purchased many appliances from Sears in the past but do not intend to do so in the future.

This type service is unacceptable and especially on a product that is still under warranty. My dissatisfaction is not with my local store. They did what they could.

On 11-25-12 I ordered a christmas presents online through the sears website. I am told my order was canceled, when I do not know they did not give me a date. I then on 12-20-12 ask if you canceled my order why do I have no refund. I was told she didn't know she would start the investigation for me. She said to give them 3-5 business days and I should receive my refund.

Since then I have called, emailed, called and emailed. Every time they cannot tell me why I have not got my money refunded. I just get they are working on it I should have a answer within 3-5 business days. I gave my money in good faith expecting a product in return. But all I have gotten is a big headache dealing with this. Please help

Purchased bed sheets on sears.com, so I believed I was buying from Sears. I received a defective product and Sears refused to accept a return stating that it was not their product. It does state on Sears' website that my purchased was from a 3rd party vendor. I was on Sears' website, so I assumed I was purchasing from Sears. This is a deceitful practice, I was lured into buying this product because I trusted the Sears name. I cannot even return this product to the 3rd party vendor because they have 7 day return policy. Sears has a 90 day return policy. I never expected that Sears was no different then Amazon.com. Lesson learned! I will never shop at Sears again.

Also, I called my local Sears store and I was told that I could return my online purchase to their store. I drove appx. 20 miles to this store and they refused to take the return. Sears representatives should know that they will not take returns on some the products they sale online!

I called Sears Repair on Monday to service my Sears Washer and Dryer. The first appointment was on Thursday and they gave me a four hour window for the appointment. When I explained that I work and cannot sit home for four hours waiting for a repair person, they offered to have someone call 15-20 minutes prior to arrival. On Thursday, a representative called and stated that the repair person was at my home and no one was answering the door. When I explained the situation and asked that they wait 15 minutes for me to get home, she said they could not do that. She then offered an appointment for the following Wednesday. That would leave me without a washer/dryer for 10 days.

When I explained that she seemed completely apathetic. I then asked why the driver did not call before his arrival. She said that he did and he left a message on my cell phone. I explained that my cell had been with me all day, no one had called and no one had left a message. I told her that I could fax her my call records for the day to show that the repair person had not called and was being dishonest with her, and once again she seemed to be completely apathetic. I asked several times to speak to her manager, and finally was told that the manager will call me back. I am still waiting for that call.

I wanted to purchase a 50" Toshiba LED TV from Sears at Eastland Mall in Columbus, OH, as advertised, Thursday night for $299.99, so I made sure I was in line before 8 o'clock. Got in the store found the TV right away and was standing with another young man for a salesperson to come over and give me a slip of some sort to purchase the TV. When I looked for a ticket to purchase there were none. In fact everyhthing was flipped over. After about 20 minutes I decided to go to the register. The sales person told me that most of the TV slips had been passed out at 6 and 7 o'clock. How can that be if the sale did not start till 8:00 P.M. Obviously it was a waste of my time to even attempt to come to the store. If I would have known I would have been able to purchase TV earlier I would have been at the store two hours early too. This should have been advertised the procedure for purchasing. If I would have known I would have probably been able to get one.

On September 14, 2007, we purchased a Sears Elite washer, model no. 11027032603, along with a matching dryer. They were the most expensive models in the store, and for the price, we thought we were buying a quality product.

The washer has since quit working. I scheduled an appointment with Sears Repair Service for October 22, 2012. The technician said it had a bad bearing and needed a new electrical timer control. The estimated cost of repair is about half of what we originally paid for the appliance.
The machine is barely five years old. The technician said that is was not used enough to make a bearing go bad. My first washer and dryer were Kenmores and they lasted 30 years with minor repairs. Based on quality of those products, we have purchased a washer and dryer, a dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, and microwave-hood combination, along with a riding lawn mower, cultivators, and other outside machinery -- all from Sears!

To resolve this matter to our satisfaction, and for our continued loyalty, we would like Sears to guarantee the quality of this product, by installing the new electrial timer control and bearing, with any other needed parts, at no cost to us. We are willing to pay for the cost of labor.

Looking forward to favorable response.

We hired sears to clean our carpets in our new house. The woman on the phone scheduled with my husband for Saturday Oct. 6 between the hours of 4-7. We arrived at the house at 3:30. There was a note on the door stating they had been there and left since noone was there. We contacted the number on the form. We found out that they put us in the computer for a different time (1-4) and also had a wrong phone number for us. They refused to send anyone back out. There was no supervisor or manager to talk to. Tried calling the dispatcher for the area and of course they didn't answer the phone and had no voicemail. I will NEVER recommend sears to anyone. I am livid at the type of customer service thry have!!

Dec 22 - Dryer quit working, called Sears 800 number to schedule warrenty repair. Dec 24 - Capital City Appliance called to schedule appt. Dec 31 - Cap city came out to check dryer and told me they had to order part. Jan 11 Cap city returned to repair dryer. Jan 14 - Some IDIOT from Sears called to tell me how much money I saved by purchasing the warrenty.

I informed him ,that due to their EXTREMELY slow response times I was forced to buy a replacment dryer, negating anything gained from buying the warrenty. Also I informed him I will never purchase another warrenty from Sears - if Sears only goal is to pass their warrenty repairs off to some third party . 20 days,give or take, is too much time to wait to get service.

We have a service contract with Sears on a tractor lawn mower. Model 1500LT. We have had the machine for three years. We have had trouble with the belt coming off the mowing deck since the first year. This year we had trouble and the belt jumped the track on 3/1. We called for service and set a date for an annual service and to fix the belt on 3/7.

On that date the service repairman showed up at the wrong address even though when we scheduled we told them the mower was at a different address. We had to reschedule for the 14th. On taht date the service repairnman called a cell number and our home phone and did not have good connections on either. Both phones were working fine the repairman must have been out of cell range. He pulled a second no show.

We called the service department m=number angry and were told they would be out next Wednesday. We got a mesage to reschedule called and they said that the Wednesday appoint was the first open and we said good. We went to the local store and tried to talk with the service manager to have someone fired. They said they would be out Wednesday.

The 20th came and went and when we called the store manager and got a service manager out of Portland they said we were scheduled for the 27th. We had miscommunicated and thought the 20th was the next Wednesday which it was but we were skipped. We will never buy anything from Sears again in this lifetime!!!

I have used Sears products for years. As others can attest to, Sears is no longer Quality Controlled products. I have a LP Gas Range, I love it, or I did. The burners on the cook top have been leaving a black residue on my pans. This particular repair person has been here before and done a very poor job cleaning out the back of my frig. I ask him to look at the bottom of my pans, this black residue started a few months back.

He refused to look at the burners and under the burners. He claims there is no way to adjust them???? He said it was my pans. I have had this Range since 2000. My pans are older than that. What's with this attitude? My oven was not working properly, he did agree to that. Said it was off by 20 degrees. It was burning on the bottom and the top was sligtly cooked? Hopefully that part works. I will continue to clean the black off of my pans.

I have called my LP Gas provider to see if he can shed some light on the matter. I know that black on the bottom of every pot and pan is not right. If the oven quits again, this will be the thrid third time, I will replace the Range and not with Sears.

After 15 years of owner a kenmore washer and dryer I felt it was time for an upgrade in Dec. 2013, Seleced set with open drum for more washer space and more load capacity. I have been very disappointed at the wash, my clothes has to be washed 2 or 3 time to get the proper cleaning. Just the other day, in order to get better cleaning of clothes. After loading the washer I full a bucket with water and pour over the clothes in washer so that everthing gets wet and then detergent and then turn it on. Less water in new machine to wash in a bunch of bull. Try to return it on Aug 2014 only wanted to give me 10 discount. After me and my ole man brought $4,000 worth of merchandise.

Mid january of 2015 our 3 year old fridge went on blink-called sears & they sent repairman-main coil was going-freezer inoperative-fridge holding at 48 degrees-part ordered & new date for service set for feb 06- THREE WEEKS-day before repair date sears called & said part not yet located-would take another week-on Feb 09 called and said part not available fridge has to be replaced-still under warranty-stated would give us $1,999.99 to replace it-we immediately went on line and due to counter depth and black (like our other appliance). The builder of house provided the sears appliances all "ELITE" AND although we had paper work, but not a bill we asked how they arrived at the amount to be replaced-no-one could or wouldn't provide their method.

We went on line & found that it was $2,695-but sears stated that they wouldn't honor another objective estimate. Sears only had six black fridges that approximately met the specs-24 cu.ft.and 27.25 depth, including door-my wife wanted a french door and thus we chose one that on sale for $2899- we agreed to pay the difference-delivery date 3-24-a 5 to 6 week time frame wi/out a fridge or a total of 9 weeks. I asked them to provide replacement for no cost or to provide a smaller fridge on loan basis until our new-one arrived- They would not do either. I told them we would buy a smaller cheaper fridge between 500 to 600 dollars if they would make an even exchange-the answer was no-we don't have authority to do this. These inquiries took hours.

I bought a snowblower at Sears used it one time and the gear lever broke returned it and wanted another one but they didn't have any in stock they were going to order me one but they said you can't order any because it's out of season it is January. when it snows and I don't understand why you don't have snow blowers I am very disappointed in Sears so now I'm with out a snowblower.

Sears was supposed to deliver a treadmill to my apartment on 11 Jan 2015. Because of a mixup in communication it never got delivered. So, at my request, they supposedly canceled my order the next day. I was initially told I would get my refund of more than a thousand dollars within 7-10 business days. When I emailed them and asked where my refund was that was amended to 10 to 14 business days. I don't know how many times I have been told they would submit an inquiry and get back to me within 3-5 business days. That ain't never happened. I have been given so many conflicting answers such as yes, we canceled your order; we haven't canceled your order; we can't cancel your order so you will have to go on line and cancel it yourself; we have canceled your order and your refund is being processed; your refund is being processed and you should get your refund NLT 2 Feb. I haven't seen one dime of that refund. I will never shop at Sears again -- not even for a pair of socks!

I am extremely disgusted with the repair and customer service we have received from Sears when our front loading washing machine broke down. When we purchased our home a few years ago, we purchased all of our stainless steel appliances from Sears. We purchased the double oven, stove top, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave , washer and dryer. We also purchased extended warranty for all appliances except for microwave and dishwasher.

We started having issues with our washer and dryer and refrigerator as well and Sears fixed it but this time when our washer started leaking, that's when our nightmare began. They kept sending technicians out but washer kept leaking so they decided to order a whole new drum which according to the technician cost more than a new washer. Which I don't understand why Sears would want to waste money that way but we didn't care as long as our washer is fixed. So Sears out sourced the repair to an outside company and they kept our washer for 3 WEEKS!!!! They kept saying that the wrong part was ordered (3 times) which kept them from Fixing our washer. Meanwhile we had to go to a laundry mat twice a week, each time it was costing us $20.

After the 3 weeks go by any many phone conversation, they brought our washer back. I told them I had an appointment near by and if they call before thy come by, I will run home and let them in. Well they never called me and when I got home, my washer was IN MY BACK YARD!!!!! Needless to say, I was very upset and called these people back and they came and put washer back in my house. They then proceeded to tell me that I cannot use the washer because the hose that came with the parts ordered does NOT fit my washer. We had to go back and forth with Sears again to get the correct hose, had to wait for another week so this has been 4 WEEKS with no washer. They scheduled for a Sears technician to come out between 8am-5pm, I waited all day until 5:30pm, no one showed up.

I had to leave on an errand and when I came back, there was a note on my door that he came at 6:02pm and we weren't home. If they had just called, we would have waited. So we had to wait another week for a other technician to come out , this is now 5 WEEKS we are without our washer. So technician finally came ame lo and behold, the part they ordered was they wrong part AGAIN!!! So technician was talking back and forth with Sears recommending that we get a new washer but they said NO! so we waited another week for new drum kit to come, this is 6 WEEKS without washer. Technician came did the repair a couple of days ago, tested and it appears to be fine. We did 1 load of laundry and so far so good, did 2nd load of laundry and water spwewed EVERYWHERE!!! We have video if y'all need to see it. So we are out of a washer AGAIN! I have never in my life seen such incompetence and lack of caring from any company in my life. We will NEVER and I Repeat NEVER buy anything from Sears ever again.

I think you people are a bunch of crooks who take our money for warranty but do not deliver the service that you promise. I will NEVER USE YOUR COMPANY AGAIN and I will make sure that everyone we come in contact with know about your incompetence. We were promised $100 a month from Sears to do our laundry at laundry mat but we have not seen 1 cent because you are also liars on top of being incompetent. We are suppose to have a repair person come to fix our washer AGAIN tomorrow but I am sure not holding my breath that they would show up much less do the job right or even have the right parts. Something needs to be done immediately or you people will be losing a lot of customers, I know you have lost our patronage for sure!!
I can be reached if you want to bother talking to us. WE ARE STILL NOT ABLE TO USE OUR WASHER GOING ON 7 weeks!!

Clothes come out of the dryer with dark black spots that won't come out. Had to hand wash and soak and still won't come out. Filed complaint with customer resolutions and was told to go to the Sears store for refund and return. Went to the store and they said I would have to do it by phone.

The next person I spoke with at customer resolutions was very nice and respectful and I thought we were almost done with a resolution when he put me on hold to get a price approved for the replacement and we were cut off. After waiting 45 min to see if he would call me back I called customer resolutions again. Brittany was rude and disrespectful and was no help at all. She said I had the wrong department when it was the same phone and ext I had previously called. She said that no one in the entire department could make an outgoing call even if they had been disconnected. She said they would loose all info and would just take another call. So I was out of luck because she couldn't help me.

I went back to the store and now they tell me a technician has to come out before they will do anything and I can't get an appointment until next week and I may still be stuck with this piece of junk. Sears today is not the Sears I have been loyal to for 40 years. Apparently they don't stand behind their products anymore and have forgotten what customer service means.

Particulars of a complaint to Sears over shoddy work, lies and the commission of possible fraud. Arrival of the Installers: We begin on the morning of 11/21/2014, a Friday. A tall, dark complected, ruddy faced man who makes no attempt to introduce himself shows up to install a stovetop and an oven purchased at Sears. He is alone. He asks to see the installation instructions, if any, we have already received. We provide them. After a brief period, Installer #1 says something like “Looks like your old oven is not the same size as the new one.” I wonder why, but I say, “Well, when will the new oven arrive?” He says his assistant is on the way. A brief period after that his assistant, Installer #2, a Mexican, drives up in a beat up truck. He has the new oven in the back, but he also offers no name. I wonder if his truck will leak oil on my new concrete driveway… I go back to the kitchen. As I enter, Installer #1 is breaking [not dismantling] the old lower oven door off by wrenching it back and forth until it literally falls off at the hinges.

The noise this makes is so loud my wife Cathy hears it all the way upstairs. There is no going back; I get the point. No one says much, but we all look more carefully at each other from this point on. I go out into the garden; Cathy flees back to the upstairs. Next, complicated things begin to happen. Installer #1, ruddy face, tells me the old oven electrical connection was on top, but the new one is on the bottom, so they have to extend the wiring, which will cost extra, something like $90.00. Also the new oven is too big to fit, so they have to enlarge two surfaces of the cabinet by making two saw cuts that cost $68.00 each. I complain about that expense for so little effort, but ruddy face insists Sears sets the prices. They are just independent installers.

They run into these problems all the time with Sear’s customers, implying Sears frequently sells stuff that doesn’t fit right. Gibberish about inches and dimensions are sprinkled randomly in but nothing seems to make much sense. Foolishly I take ruddy face at his word, because I know there is no going back. But I notice something important after they remove the old oven. The old wiring reaches all the way from the top to the bottom of the cabinet; so it’s obvious the electrical connection to the old oven was not at the top, but just like the new oven, at the bottom. I verify that by going out to the beat up truck to look at my old oven. Sure enough, the connection is at the bottom. They have lied to me. I immediately raise this issue with Installers #1and #2 who have followed me out to the truck. Now Installer #1 changes his story. The new problem is there was no junction box at the end of the old wiring connection so they had to add one. I say, “OK show me the packaging or wrapper for the junction box.”

They look at me long and hard, but show me nothing, because they apparently have nothing to show. Then Installer #1 says, “Are you accusing me of lying?” I say, “I asked to see the box or wrapping, remember?” Now the Mexican begins to jump in and we go round and round in the driveway, getting nowhere, and it’s two against one, so I say, prudently, “Go back in and complete the installation. We’ll settle this later.” When Installer #1 begins to saw the left and top sides of the cabinet with a reciprocating saw, I sit at the kitchen table to watch everything closely from then on. I notice the saw blade is either dull or too rough toothed, because ruddy face has to exert substantial force to hold the saw in position when he cuts upward instead of downward along the left side of the cabinet. I also notice the saw doesn’t cut straight and leaves a jagged edge all along both of the cuts. So, I tell both of them, “I want you to know I intend to file a complaint with the store manager about this entire incident, and you can both absolutely count on that. They say nothing, so I get up with my own tape measure and measure the height of the new oven where it must join or fit into the cabinetry. Then I measure the opening in the cabinetry.

There is the proof; the upper cut wasn’t necessary because there was 3/4th of an inch of clearance between the two. I tell them this, in nothing less than the most blunt and emphatic terms. They look at each other, questioningly, as if to suggest “What do we say now? Finally, the Mexican says, sort of apologetically, “I measured it twice.” They shrug but continue, and when they begin to insert the new oven into the cabinet, I see the long electrical line when they pull it out of the bottom of the new oven, to connect to the junction box at the end of the old electrical line which as I said reaches all the way to the bottom of the cabinet. It’s absolutely clear to me at this point that I’m being scammed. But there’s no going back unless I want to spend weeks, maybe months, in a kitchen without a stove or an oven.

So I say nothing. They huff and puff and finally get the new oven in. Then everybody sees the jagged edge of the saw cut above the oven, because the wood removal wasn’t necessary in the first place. I throw a fit all over again. But all ruddy face says is,”OK, we won’t charge you for that cut.” Since further communication on my part seems pointless, I sit there as they rush to complete the installation by pounding in shims to raise the oven to cover the damage ruddy face has agreed not to charge me for. I just want them out of my face, my kitchen, my house, my life. So I write a check for $148.00, and ask for a receipt, which ruddy face says I’ll get in an email online, but I never do, no matter how hard I try and how much I complain for over a month… It is only later that I remember the quality of their voices and remarks, which were oddly brief or abrupt, but convincing and decisive. Why? Because they were practiced, and confident. I suspect their game has been perfected over a long period of time, with many other Sears customers…

Have a refrigerator that is not working properly. Ice maker is not working and is making a noise like a machine gun. It is freezing food including my husbands INSULIN which he needs to take twice daily. We will have to make a 100 mile round trip to go get more insulin tomorrow. Sears says they can't get here till Feburary 9 th. What are we suppose to do with meds until then. We have snow here and can't put meds in that or it will freeze again. HELP please

I took my 2 vacumes in to get fixed before my warranty runs out. Found out the repair store i go to was closed and no longer there. So i ch ecked online and found a place to take it which ended up being the seatac mall.I go into the sears and they tell me they no longer fix small items, they send them thru UPS to TEXAS. So now im at the UPS store and it costs 49$ just to package 1 up and 97$ to send it plus the same amount to send it back...How is this saving anybody any money. They could of gave me 2 brand new vacumes for the price sears is paying to ship elsewhere...I will think twice before buying anything at sears and buying warrantys too..

We have had this refrigerator less than 18 months and we have had continual problems with the ice maker; the latest issue is that it is not dispensing ice; a service person was here today - he opened the door and looked at the ice maker and said that it needed to be replaced - replacement would be about $500; it is obvious that there are issues with this Kenmore model ice maker as we review ratings and customer complaints; we would like to discuss replacement of this ice maker with a new, improved model at no expense to us.

I ordered a pair of reebok men's sneakers bb4500, when the order was received at my home today,one sneaker still had the security plastic device hooked to the eyelit which I was unable to remove,so my wife had to make a special trip to the nearest Sears store to get them to remove it. I'm Not very pleased as I think whoever packed the order didn't know the inconvenience that their error caused a loyal Sears customer who is disabled. I Will no longer do any future business with Sears mail order. I will let others who want to order from you to be careful, hopefully they won't have any problems such as I encountered.

Received a new Seike 50# television damaged. When I was contacted about the service and delivery I was told via computer voice I would be contacted the next working day. 2 weeks later I am still waiting. Due to health reasons I have to go to kidney dyalsis I am not at home but my wife is and she has not received a call. I purchased the television by phone as I do not or cannot get around well. I am disabled and am recovering from having been hospitalized for over a year and am not able to get around. In good faith and a loyal Sears (or was) customer I used my phone. That's when my troubles began. I was promised everything and not one thing was done that your sales associate told me.
I will not recommend Sears anymore to anyone and I will be sure to tell them why. You can tell me all the reasons why you are closing stores but I can guarantee the main reason for your lack of sales is poor service. Customer service is the # 1 reason I came to you. Sorry your competition will now get all my purchases. Thank you for listening. Also some results would be nice.

Seeing this is the same problem, kenmore stoves had in 2009 ,this seems like sear/kenwood has still not fix the PROBLEM. When my wife was baking dinner ,she hadn,t relized , that the broiler element was on until the smoke detecters alerted her.The complete dinner was ruin!We then discovered the broiler element comes on when you select bake . the elemen stays red HOT! WE shouldnot have to pay for a known problem of your Kemore range.THE cost to us was around 250 dollers. ABSURD!!!! The repair man was prompt But hesitant to say the control board had burnt or shorted out. I saw the burnt part after checking it ,when being given it to be disposed of.The control panel had been wraped to conceal the problem.

Bought a snow blower on Dec.7 2013, and phoned in on March 10 of 2014 since it was just over 90 days I could not get my money back due to store policy. The snow blower drive broke while I was taking it into my garage, I had no drive train so it would not move so I pushed it. I phoned as soon as possible and I was told a service man would come out to fix it on March 17 2014 then they changed it to March 18 2014. I told the person I would be home after 3:00. Luckily my girlfriend was home when they called at 8:30 am and they seemed surprised that someone answered, the guy who phoned said he would be right over. When he got here he was not a repairman but a pick up service and said he would not be able to load it by himself so luckily my brother was available to help, why should my brother have to help and they were also suppose to fix it at my house like I was told.

I could have delivered it to them and saved me all the waiting time. I have asked for someone from management to call me from the Thunder Bay store but to no avail. I can’t get my money back, I have no idea when my snow blower will be fixed, and with this incompetence I have no idea if it will be fixed properly. I am not happy, all I want is my money back please and just let me walk away from this nightmare. The salescheck # is 01418 171 4515 and the delivery date was Dec. 13, 2013. A man at a 1 800 number said if I had reported it sooner I could have got my money back I said who would have thought I would be treated like this by Sears. Please help me out.

To whom this makes it to at Sears. My wife had been talking about the fitted car mats so much I had to order them even though we could not afford them. Because it would be the only gift” why not.” I reluctantly placed this order for a birthday gift for my wife on 2/12/14; I had a very competent customer service rep that informed me that this order would get to me in time for my wife’s birthday which was on 3/3/14. After that conversation things went downhill. I had the most difficult time getting answers after I received an email stating that I would be sent another email within a few days with the date to pick up the package at Sears.

I waited and waited for the follow up email to come (no email) before I called your customer service department and got the run around regarding the wrong tracking number. I called back a week later and was told that an inquiry could be done to rectify the missing order. By this time her birthday had passed. I eventually received the order much too late for the surprise birthday gift I wanted to give my wife. Before all of this occurred I had completed a survey giving Sears thumbs up in all of the areas that were asked on the survey. I only wish I could have been sent the survey now so I could say how I really feel.

I purchased HVAC through Sears on 1-13-14 it was installed on 02-25-14. When they came to install the HVAC is not the one we purchase. Sears decided to change to “higher efficiency” without our decision. They did not even bother to call us. According to them the original purchase was no longer available or discontinued. So Sears decided to changed it! I told Sears to come and remove it . The HVAC manager said no, and he is asking me why I did not like the system. I told him I did not like it because that is not the one I bought. Since this is the one you choose you can have it. you made your own decision without our approval. Sears said they can re-write my contract, I told them not that easy. This HVAC was not presented to us, and need to be remove.

As you have in your email below – You (as a company) made the mistake in pricing so I believe you should stand behind what you sold the bedspread to me for. If I had gone to your store and purchase it then how would you take it back? The bedspread online purchase is the same as going into your store. You took my money thus the bedspread is mine. I am still hoping that you will do the right thing, instead of me making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and using any other online sites that takes complaints on businesses. I will tell my story of how Sears advertises things at a certain price and then they refuse to send the item that you have purchased. If you are going to treat good customers this way it is no wonder that Sears is in trouble and struggling to stay in business. Please do the right thing and sent my order#644619990.

I have no product complaint. I own several products I bought from Sears, a water softner, reverse-osmosis water filter, washer dryer set, and a Kenmore stove. I am currently experiencing what I think is a minor problem with my stove. I have called about 15 numbers trying to speak with a live human being. All I get are computer generated options, none of which address my problem. I did speak with one lady who connected me with another department, again only options that were unrelated. The lady did give me two numbers to try if I should get disconnected. One was only for water related products, and the other was again a list of options. Though I like my products, I may have to start going with companies that are actually have live people available. My frustration level is so high right now and I have wasted so much time that I don’t think product loyalty is going to keep me as a return customer. This matter could have been resolved in less than 5 minutes if I could have spoken with a real live person employed in the department (stoves) of my concern.

Three times I traveled to Sears. Monday in Warwick RI where I charged a microwave. When I went to the Merchandiise pickup they said they were out of order for that one.. Went back to the store to return the receipt from my charge. Tuesday went to Emerald Mall in Ma. bought one came home opened the box and found the corner dented. Called Sears in Warwick today and they said the new model( because the one I had was a discontinued model) is in stock for the same price. I asked the clerk to check and see if all was exactly the same and she said yes. I wanted 1.2 capacity with 1200 watts.. I went the third time 30 miles now it was 90 miles and still not what was what was suppose to be. The cleck said when I called her back to tell her it was 1100 watts 100 watts isn’t that much to make a fuss over. It isn’t up to her to tell me to be satisfied with 100 watts less. She should give the exact information. I am 83 yrs old very tired and miiserable with what I have to go through by myself.
Also yesterday three quarter of the floor the micro’s were on they wasn’t one person to ask where to go.

I purchased an electric range about 7 years ago. The stove malfunctioned. I called Sears and asked about repair. They scheduled me three weeks out, the earliest available appointment time. The technician arrives and diagnosed the problem and told me he need to order 2 parts which should remedy the problem. I was to call them when the parts arrived to schedule an appointment to install that part. The parts took 3 more weeks to arrive. I called and was given an repair appointment time. The repair person arrived . The parts was installed and I was told that that should resolved the problem. Within 2 days the stove was back malfunctioning as though never fixed. I called Sears to tell them that the stove had the same problem as before the repair. They rescheduled a repair appointment for today between the hours of 8am to 12noon. It is now 1:36 PM and no one has arrived. I call repair center . They tell me” He got hung up and will be along some time. I am furious that Sears take my time for granted. I call the national complaint officee and was disconnected just as I was explaining my complaint. So I am so upset that I am now writing the complaint. What I was hoping to get was someone to assure me that the repair person would be hear soon. Or offer a solution. Everyone, seem unconcerned about my inconvenience. I would be hard pressed to every purchase a large item from Sears again because they are unreliable and do not hold up their end of the Agreement . They sold me a service repair warranty and do not do what they say they are going to do. What kind of company is this that does not stand behind their word. All they want to do is sell you a product that will break down then countless repair for the some problem. I will tell all of my family and friends about this experience. Sears is no longer a company to do purchases from.

New system installed and washer not working properly when your installers delivered them. Waited 8 days for delivery then said it would be 2 weeks before someone would come to see why it didn’t work properly. It never worked and u tried to report it within 4 hours of installation. I do not think this is exceptable

filed a complaint earlier about my LG washer that was delivered damaged no one got back to me someone called today and offered me $200 credit i told them i would check with my wife and they never called back i also mentioned that the dryer door opens the wrong way could someone please call me follow through and make this right i am very disappointed with this whole experience from sears.

Our refrigerator, Kenmore Elite, stopped working on March 24. A Sears tech came out on March 26 ordered a new part, and scheduled a new appointment for April 2. On April 1 we found out the part would not arrive in time for installation today and rescheduled for Thursday the 4th.

Today we found out the part hasn’t shipped and the parts section doesn’t know when it will. We upgraded? Our entire kitchen to Kenmore Elite appliances and have had issues with all of them. By the time this is fixed we will be without a refrigerator over two weeks. I think you owe us a new refrigerator.

In October 2012, I purchased a new dishwasher from Sears and paid Sears for delivery and installation.

During installation, the Sears installer damaged my new kitchen floor with two ragged gouges caused while pushing the dishwasher into the cabinet space.

I now find out that Sears will not be responsible for the damages. They want me to get the Sears Installer’s insurance company to pay for damages. They also suggested to use my homeowners insurance.

Hopefully my problems caused by Sears will help other consumers in the future on their decisions on buying new appliances.

We had to return a gas range after having it only one year under the lemon law. When we went to purchase another range we were finally referred to your Gilbert store because we were told by a Mr. Mark Maxwell this was the store to see high end ranges. Mr. Maxwell was our only pleasant experience, so helpful, knowledgeable and certainly an asset to Sears.

When we traveled to Gilbert the only range to see was the exact duplicate of the range we had trouble with for over 1 year, obviously we did not want to purchase it again. We finally decided to upgrade and purchase a range that was over $500.00 more than the credit from our first purchase. I had been sent a coupon for a refund of $100.00 for anyting over, I believe, a $1,000.00 purchase (I actually think we qualified since that money was simply applied from our first purcase). However, I was told we could not receive this credit, not sure why. I then inquired why we did not receive the $50.00 credit since we had just spent over $500.00 at this store. No answer was given and no credit as well.

I am sure you will be able to tell that we have spent quite a bit at Sears and do not appreciate the attitude of the saleswomen or the lack of assistance to aid in replacing this lemon! We lost time from work, we lost the range over the holidays and it was a problem we should not have incurred given our investment to avoid this very scenario.

I had an Air Condition installation done last year by a Sears contractor and on 22 December 2012 my A/C suddenly stopped working and I eventually had to call a local A/C repair company who came to the house that Saturday evening and founded the problem to be burned power and UV lights wires and this caused me to loose A/C heat for most of the day and the early lose on one of my UV lights. The technician cut the burned wires and reconnected new power wires connections and I had heat again on that Christmas weekend.

I paid $198.00 and I have requested a reimbursement and replacements of the UV lights and this request was made to the manager that assigned the contactor the job. I have contacted Mr.Dario Escobar, Heating & Air Condition 210-946-6555 ext 45257 on numerous times and sent documentation and the only response I received was a Sears technician who reconnected the UV lights wired to power wires. Mr. Escobar said that he need to talk with his supervisor.and this has been going for over two weeks.

I have had so many bad experiences with Sears that I dont even know where to begin to be honest! But lets just begin with this past year shall we. I booked a honeymoon and wedding in Cancun, Mexico using my Sears card. I immediately paid the balance off when I got the bill….just as i always do. Then my Card starts getting declined because they think my identity has been stolen. I called Sears customer service and was told they put a HOLD on my card because I changed my address and had made the big purchase. I said well dont you think if my card was stolen I wouldnt have paid for that “Big” purchase?? I said, “I need to have that “hold” lifted because I want to be able to use my card in Cancun so that I can earn more reward points.

The lady assured me that the “hold” had been lifted and it wouldnt be an issue when I left the country. I get to cancun after having the discussion and tried to make my first purchase but guess what…..my card was blocked!! So needless to say i was furious and this experience just added to a already stressful event. I had to use a different credit card and lost out on MANY points! So i get back to the states and called them about the issue and all i get is a sorry. Fast forward a few months and I finally get enough points to my reward balance that I can submit for the Sears Gift Card for $750.00.

I used this card to purchase a power wheels vehicle for my son and still had a remaining balance of ~435.00. I didnt have an issue with that order going thru however when I went to use the remaining balance I had difficutlties with the website. The website kept freezing up, then it kept changing the language to spanish and it took me  to get the order to go thru. I ordered a Camcorder, memory card, Ipod and a CD. I was happy that the order finally went thru because I really needed this camera to get here in time to record a Conference we are holding. Keep in mind I used my Gift card to pay for this and put the remaining balance of $120 on my paypal account. Well, this morning I get a call that my order has “issues” and I needed to call them. Here we go again.

So they proceeded to tell me that my address was unconfirmed in paypal and that my order will be canceled unless paypal confirms it. I said that can not be because I have used paypal for years and I just ordered every single christmas present through paypal and they shipped to me so how all of a sudden it is unconfirmed? She couldnt answer that question. We got disconnected. I call back and I get someone else. He then tells me a different story. He tells me that the items were out of stock and thats why the order was cancelled. He said yes. I said how does that happen?

Why wasnt all of those items marks out of stock on the website? He tried to explain however I do not believe that every item is out of stock. Whats the chances? I said well how do I get my money back on the gift card then because I really need to order a camera now in order for it to be here in time for the conference. He said well it will be mailed to you can you will be getting it in 7-10 days. I explained that was not going to work out and I didnt know why they wouldnt just let me pick out a different camera.

His solution was to give me 10% off my next purchase. Well Thanks for that 10% for all of my trouble. Overall Sears is a horrible company to deal with and I am going to be cancelling my card and will not purchase from sears anymore. I have had a Sears card for probably 8 years but these past 2 years the company has really gone down hill. I have talked to many customer service reps about this issue and nothing has changed. After filling this complaint, I will give Sears 2 weeks to come up with a solution and then I am taking it to the BBB. Im just wondering if i will even receive my Gift Card back with the balance on it at this point.

Back about 3 weeks ago I called Sears about a repair on my snow blower. They came the next day. When I spoke sith an associate the day before he told me there would not be a service charge to come out unless it needed a new part. They had to remove a piece of metal but no part was needed. My husband was charged $221.00 for approximately 15 minutes of work. This was a rep off. First I am told there would not be a charge, then to charge that much? I wish I could work for SEARS and get paid that much. I have done alot of business with them through the yeats but never again. I placed a complaint bith them was told I would get a call back. To this date nothing.

In September of 2012 I purchased a queen County Living Bedspread (Melissa 56958) I was told at the time that this was a new product and the Queen Shams would be in later – I have checked back repeatedly and NO shams in size Queen.

On line you can purchase shams in a standard size 20 X 26 – AGAIN this is not a queen size it is a double bed or standard size.

I think this was false advertising and I cannot get anyone to help me contact the contry living embroderied bedspread to find out where in the US I might purchase the queen shams. I have had this bedspread since September – had I known there NEVER would be Queen Shams available I would not have purchased the bedspread. To make matters worse, I twisted my sister’s arm (Beverly Atkins in San Luis Obispo, Ca) to do the same and now she and I are in the same boat. We get transferred to departs (parts department) put on hold until the line goes dead. It is virtually a dead end.

I purchased a Kitchenaid dishwasher in Aug/2012 , had to call service within a month or so as upon starting the washing cycle excessive banging & clanging was going on . The service man checked to confirm the installation was correct but noise continued & he said I would have to live with it but it will work fine .I put the washer on a few days ago & heard water running downstairs . upon going downstairs water was running from the dishwasher . I turned the water supply off to the dishwasher & next day called repair & service . Dishwasher works fine , installation in question . Not happy with having to wait 10 days to have someone tell me it’s not working . I have purchased ALL my household appliances from Sears over the last 25 years & to be told that I have to wait 10 days for POOR customer service is not acceptable & will never purchase ANYTHING from Sears again . All that can top this off now is to be told it will cost me money to fix now . I purchased a new one not to have issues . Not a Happy customer & Carol @ South Edmonton common should retire or take a refresher course in customer service . Regards , KEN TLUCHAK

I have had problems with both my washer and dryer…They were purchased in Feb 2012. I have called Sears about 20 times and can’t get anywhere. I have had about 3 apts and no one shows up from A&E. Around the first of December a guy came out informed me that the dryer needed a new control board and the washer is knocking and making noise because its not level. I called from day one of installation about washer not being level but sears service advised me its my problem. I finally got in touch with a manage and she said its sears responsibility to level the washer and she would send someone out to take care of it and of course today they guy called and when I answer phone he hung up and then I cal;led back and he hung up again. I called 2 additional times and he sent me to voice mail. He called sears immediately and said he could not get in the gate. My husband was leaving home at the exact time and the gate was open. Our gate to our community opens at 7 am- 5 pm so the guy just used that for an excuse not to work AND IF the gate had been closed all he had to do is to scroll to my name and the gate would let him in. I have been through complete hell since I purchased this Samsung washer and dryer. For a control board to go out only after 7 months and all the problems with my washer. I would like for these to be replaced!!!!!;
please call me at 205-296-2600

On July 2012, I purchased a Kenmore upright freezer from a Sears store located in Queens Village, NY, store #0005133, which was placed on back order and scheduled for pick-up from the store on August 18, 2012. The Kenmore freezer was pick-up from the store September 10. 2012 and soon-after, September 24, 2012, the freezer stopped working. Called the store and request information on how to return the item and was informed that I had to make an appointment for a Sears repair technician to examine the freezer to make a determination if it was a manufacturer failure prior to the store granting me a refund.

The repair technician examined and determined on September 28, 2012 that the freezer stopped working due to manufacturer failure. I returned the freezer to the Queens Village store, #0005133, on September 29, 2012.

Customer service representative and the store manager informed me that I will not be given a refund and I only had two options which were to either exchange the item for another item or take a store credit—store manager stressed that he is not supposed to issue a store credit to customer and I should be happy. The store manager said that my purchase had exceeded the 30 day return policy period and the 30 day clock started from August 18, 2012—the day the item was available for pick up at the store. I explained that I picked up the item September 10, 2012, and the item stopped working after it was picked up from the store.

The customer service representative working at the store was extremely rude and uncooperative. Having requested for the store manager, he refused to issue me a refund and repeatedly stated I had exceeded the 30 day return policy period. Sears appliance return policy online notes that appliances may be returned for a full refund within 30 days for gas powered appliances, and within 90 days for general electric appliance.

Having reviewed this return policy online, I am confused as to why this particular store manager is misguiding customers by providing incorrect information and not complying with Sear’s appliance return policy. The Kenmore upright freezer that I purchased was an electric appliance, and, according the Sears’ return policy, I was within the 90 day return period. The customer service representative and the store manager—working September 29, 2012–refused to provide me with their employee ID numbers to make a complaint, and the store manager explained that I forfeited my right to file a complaint once I accepted the store credit.

He explained that if I accepted the store credit, then I was consenting to agree to Sear’s return terms, at which point I had not option to make a complaint. After having gone back and forth with the store manager for close to an hour, the store manager finally scanned my sales receipt and noticed that the freezer was indeed picked up on September 10, 2012. I ask Sears Corporate Office why this process could not have been followed by customer service representative when I first arrived to the store which would have avoided all the confusion and provided me with the assistance I truly needing. The store manager finally gave me the credit I was entitled to receive, but not without unnecessary aggravation and additionally inconvenience to an otherwise frustrating experience.

This whole situation has been extremely upsetting and this is why I write this letter. No one should be treated like this, especially when they are within the return policy period. Please note that having experienced this, customer service representatives working at this Sears location either do not understand Sear’s return policy or are intentionally not providing customers with incorrect information and are acting upon incorrect information.

More so, customer service representatives should not be allowed to mistreat customers that buy an appliance in good faith. Customers expect compassion and understanding for the great inconvenience they experience when the appliance break down, such as with manufacturer failure which was what happened to me. Additionally, I took a day-off work for the maintenance call, incurred expenses resulting from food spoilage, and was humiliated and embarrassed in the store, then provided with incorrect information on Sears return policy. I write this letter to notify Sears that customer service representatives and store managers need to understand the stores return policy and need to treat customer with courtesy and respect when assistance is needed.

Customers anticipate problems will occur; however, we do not expect customer service representatives to embarrass and humiliate us and provide us with incorrect information, then refuse to offer assistance to remedy the situation. This lack of good customer service assistance only further serves to inconvenience customers. I request for Sears Corporate Office to look into this matter and to established procedures so no other customer is subjected to what I recently experienced.

Had problem with washer making lots of noise. Called sears,tech comes orders tons of parts, when parts come in puts in only to fry the mother board. Was supposed to come next day doesn’t show up, when I call to find out I get a very rude technician on phone named ‘jen’ finally make an appt. with her. Called a day before to confirm the appt Only to be told there isn’t any appt. When I get mad at them and ask to speak to the supervisor ; the supervisor confirms I have an appt for next day. Later in the evening get an automated call fom sears asking to call to change the appt. when I call again there is no record of the appt. and I have to make a new one which is a couple of days later. I was on the phone for an hour with no result, now the supervisor is supposed to call and so far hasn’t. To think I just renewed the sears protection plan for all my appliances. I would sincerely recommend not to get it. Worst service ever and to top it rude customer service which gives you an headache.

I ordered nearly $3,000 worth of merchandise (a Husqvarna yard tractor and a Craftsman rear tine tiller) on April 2nd from Sears with a delivery date of April 11th. I took off work to be home to get my merchandise on the 11th. To help move things along, I called and gave the customer care people the best # to reach me in case they needed directions to my home and the lady put me on hold so she could give it to the driver who was to deliver my items. She then told me I was #6 on their delivery list and that they were currently on #5 – I was next in line! I was so happy! Finally I was getting my wonderful new mower and tiller! So I anxiously await the delivery truck to come down our road. A few minutes later, the delivery guy from Excel calls asking for directions. I gave him detailed directions and I told him I had taken off work and was anxious to get it so that I could mow my now knee-high grass. He asked how far from Highway 380 and 75 he was, and I told him he should be at my home in 30 to 45 minutes.

An hour goes by and so I call to find out where on earth the delivery truck is. Imagine my surprise when I was told there was no delivery scheduled for April 11th, that my mower and tiller was not to be delivered until April 14th. I told the lady that I had taken off work specifically to get my items which had been scheduled for the 11th for nearly 2 weeks! So she reads the notes and comes back on the phone and says the delivery person wasn’t able to come to Bonham and so they rescheduled my delivery. No phone call to me asking if that is okay, no apologies, no nothing!

Let me just be blunt here for a moment – Sears has the worst customer service in the world. Nobody at their company cared that I had taken off time from work to wait on my mower, nobody cared that I needed that mower immediately to mow my yard, nobody cared that I spent quite a bit of money on gas to get to my home. They simply did not care.

I then got online and started looking to see if I can find someone who can deliver me the same mower immediately so that I could cancel the order. I found on the Sears website that they are now offering a free cart with a lawn mower purchase of over $1,299 which mine most definitely was. So I called customer care and they told me they could not give it to me, even though I lost a day of work and tons of gas in going to my house waiting on your delivery truck which never came. If Sears now offers a promotion that I qualify for, and my mower has not yet been delivered, I should be entitled to receive it. I do not understand how they can expect to screw customers over like this and then not honor promotions that you have going on. It was through Sears’ own negligence that I did not get my mower and tiller, so I should be entitled to this cart.

So if you order from Sears, just know that you cannot trust anything they say. If they will treat a customer who spends $3,000 on merchandise like this, they will treat customers who spend less even worse. Do yourself a favor and buy your merchandise from a local merchant. A local merchant will appreciate you and will do anything in their power to keep you as a good customer. Sears is just too big for its own good. Nobody there cares about you because if they lose you as a customer, they have so many others that they just don’t care if they lose you.

Sears Hardware and Appliances – Franklin Farm, Herndon Va.
This store has some the most unprofessional people you will ever meet. I walked in and there were 5 guys gathered around front “Key” machine, laughing and just cutting up. You could tell my their attitude they could care less about their customers. I came in for an item – which was on sale, of course they did not have the sale flyer from the morning paper and were totally unaware of the sale . . . these guys also knew nothing about the product and were really just a bunch of “Punks” wasting time – fairly belligerent and didn’t want to be bothered. After the item rang up at full price – The guy at the register told me to pick up the item from the check out area and bring it back to where I found it so he could check the price. After going to places like Home Depot and Lowes you can understand why Sears has gone downhill. They hire all idiots that Home Depot and Lowes wouldn’t take. (LOL)

We ordered a dishwasher for our tenants from the Sears and later Kmart website 5 times and it still hasn’t been fullfilled! The first time our ordered was cancelled by the Sears fraud department because we used our Sears card and they assumed it wasn’t us because we haven’t bought anything in about a year. The second and third time the dishwasher we ordered was out of stock.

The forth time the online sales agent didn’t order it at all – because most of Sears/Kmart online business is outsourced and it’s hard to understand the agents let alone that they understand us. Don’t get me wrong I’m not against foreigners – I’m a foreigner myself – but I have been asked over the phone to spell every single word including my house number!!! by one of their agents in India. We were NEVER notified by Sears or Kmart that anything was wrong with our order – no emails or calls.

We only found out that something was wrong when the dishwasher wasn’t delivered. When we asked why nobody from Sears ever send us an email we received rude comments from their agents that we didn’t check our junk mail and that the emails informing out have been sent out. We even asked them to double check the email address they have on file and only found out when we placed the last order that our email address was miss spelled in their computer.

The fifth and last time we placed the order we finally received a confirmation email telling us that the ordered would be fullfilled by March 13. Today !! I receive an email from our tenants that the dishwasher still hasn’t been delivered. As I check my email account – there is no notification and on the Kmart/Sears website there is not even anything listed about my order.

No information to us and no info of why our order hasn’t been fulfilled or cancelled. We are so frustrated right now that we will CANCEL our Sears card and will NEVER order from Kmart or Sears again!!! We will go ahead and order the dishwasher from a different store now. This has been the worse customer experience with a store we have ever had.

We have bought all of our appliances from Sears in the past and have been a loyal customer for over 10 years! With this experience Sears and Kmart have not only lost a loyal customer – I can assure you this. We will also send a report to the BBB and post a review on other websites. In times like this you don’t have to wonder why companies like Sears and Kmart are going under, right?!

Luckily there are other companies out there who really honor customers and not drive them away and luckily for us there are plenty of other stores we can chose from.

Have feedback for Sears?