Sears Complaints Continued... (Page 3)

382+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Sears corporate: 847-286-2500

We bought our refrigerator from Sears about 2-1/2 years ago and loved it until recently. Our kitchen laminate floor has been ruined because of a leaking water valve from the icemaker which we were unaware of until a floor inspector came to our home and told us the floor was lumping up because of a leak, probably from our refrigerator. When we pulled out out refrigerator, there was a puddle of water which had never shown up to the front of our refrigerator. Our floor had a 20 year warranty which they would not cover because of the leaking refrigerator. To add to our dismay, a Sears repair man said the part to be replaced was a water valve costing $90.00 and the installation would cost a total of $279.00. For a refrigerator only 2-1/2 years old causing such an excessive repair plus replacing the kitchen floor, I am quite disappointed with my LG . In addition to our kitchen floor we will have to add a new floor to our dining room floor since they no longer have the same laminate pattern any longer and our dining room is connected to our kitchen with the same laminate pattern. I was thinking of purchasing a new LG washer soon. However, I will think twice about making another LG purchase. Sincerely. Rosemary Osborne

Sears has been a trusted company to my family for years and I'm disappointed and heart broken over the horrible customer service I received during the time I needed experts. I was apprehensive about allowing Sears to install my garage after an earlier experiencing with the horrible communications between the technician and customer service staff approximately two months ago. I decided to use Sears again because I have a credit card with them and felt it would be easier; FAR from being TRUE!!! The Technician came out on TuesdayApril 30, 2013 and stated he couldn't fix the garage at that time because he needed additional materials (my car remained stuck in my garage for the fourth day, plus I missed half of a day work). I assumed because the technician did the estimation and assessment on Tuesday, Wednesday work would be done without any issues. I was advised that the technician would be at my residence from 10-12; the technician got to my house at approximately 1:30 on wednesday April 22, 2013. Prior to the late arrival of the technician, I called the Sears 5-6 times speaking to manager Tim who was very rude, accusatory and unprofessional. Per Tim, I should have known it would be around 12 because of the two hour window that guarantees that. After 12 and speaking to Tim again, I was very irate because he proceeded to telling me that the technician had a job in Austell and was stuck on Interstate 285; in addition to the technician picking up the door from Norcross that morning. At that point I knew Tim was lying to me and patronizing me because manage Sally informed me on one my calls that the door was picked up on Tuesday evening (managers lying to customers just to shut them up....the integrity and faith I have in Sears has diminished to nothing). I called back again before the arrival of the technician and was informed by Sally that she was about to put her sneakers on and walk to Tim's office to advise him of my displeasure with him (another lie). I called to obtain the number from customer service representative in another department the president of Sears number...I will be sending the CEO and all the board members a letter of dissatisfaction, in addition to Louis. When the work was compled the technician advised me the price was $852.00 which was the incorrect price because Sally told me on Tuesday the total was $623.00...I am appalled on how Sears is now in the business of deceiving and ripping innocent customers off. I feel so violated and hurt...I don't have the time or money to be taken for granted and taken advantage of. I will also send the Better Business Bureau and Clarke Howard, customer advocate a letter regarding these issues so no other customer would feel like me.

sears part department they are worse people i every deal with i order a part for stove month ago they would take my order credit no they would say your order will be in post office by certain date this is still going on i have order this part for the 4 times this time i use a sears card tnow have to wait another two weeks first they said i had wrong model no after a few phone call sears said they had wrong model on the stove got the right model no then problems sarted worse people i every deal with not any time they call and said the order didnt go through

I ordered a refrigerator online on Nov 19th. To make sure that the order was processed correctly, I phoned and spoke to a gentleman to make sure that the model I had chosen would come with an ice maker and a right hand door, and that my old fridge would be removed. A few days later, the fridge was delivered, without an ice maker and with a left hand door.

Also, I was never told that a fridge with an ice maker requires a plumber to disconnect it, so as a result my old fridge was left in my kitchen along with the new one. I managed to get a plumber to come in 20 minutes to disconnect my old fridge; however it took over 10 phone calls and 4 full days of waiting for the old fridge to actually be picked up!!

It took a total of 8 phone calls to get the door reversed on the new fridge. And, three service calls!!

The first time a service person came I was told that it would cost me $125.00 to make the change. I had been told by a sales rep that the change would only cost $25.00. So, in desperation to get the thing done, I told the service technician that I would pay that amount if necessary and argue about it later. At that point, the technician advised me that he could not do it anyway as there was a part missing!!

I waiting a few more days and finally got another visit from the same technician who then asked me if UPS had delivered a part. I asked him what part was he talking about as other people had told me that there was no part required to switch the door. He refused to elaborate. I asked him to please just switch the door so it opened on the right side. He told me he could not do it without this mysterious part. He left again.

He phoned me twice in that afternoon to inquire if UPS had arrived with the part he needed. At 4 p.m. he stopped calling and I had to again phone and talk to several people to attempt to get another appointment!! After being hung up on a few times, I finally reached a person who advised me that the whole problem could be blamed on the french speaking Montreal office!! No explanation what had actually occurred etc. but I have always been polite to innocent people just doing their jobs.

In total, I have had to spend hours contacting Sears and had to wait 3 days for service calls without getting the problem solved. Today, another technician arrived in a Sears truck (the other guy was sub contracted as the truck did not say Sears0 and he changed the doors with no problem and no mysterious part that never arrived and was never needed in the first place!!! About the ice maker, I could not tolerate trying to get that delivered!!

I have been a loyal Sears customer for over 40 year. I have purchased appliances for my rental properties, relatives, my own cottage and all my Xmas gifts. If this is not settled to my satisfaction, I never intend to deal with Sears again,. I would like to have at least $200. taken off the price of this fridge as my time and the amount of irritation caused by this ridiculous situation is worth much more than that. i would appreciate a response. This is the second complaint that I have written to Sears about this situation. No reply came from my first complaint.

Sears wanted to be like Amazon, however they are falling short. Recently placed an order online when in the store to one of the market vendors on their web site. They have not delivered, Sears do not have their company information and Sears do not want to give me my money back even though I placed the order on their web site. Sears has a lot to learn in customer service when it comes to web based business. I will still continue the fight to get my money back but no one is like amazon out there... I am going to stick to amazon forget about Sears.

I ordered a new washing machine (mine went kaput) on and was confirmed for next-day delivery. No call, no email, no delivery. I called and was told there was a delay in the warehouse and it would absolutely be delivered on (today). This morning at 9:00 AM we received a call that the washer would be delivered between 12-2:00 PM. Again, no call, no email, no delivery. I am on the phone right now being told that there is no inventory in the warehouse at all and the next available delivery date will "possibly" be this Saturday. Unbelievable!

And now I've been on hold waiting for a supervisor for over 15 minutes. On their website under Customer Service they actually have the nerve to say "Sears is dedicated to providing our customers with a superior level of service." That is a joke!!

I bought a pair of dress shoes at Sears about 5 months ago I wear these shoes about once a week. So the shoes have been worn about 20 times the sole of one of the shoes fell completely off . I brought into a Sears store and was told that there was nothing they could do after 90 days.

I asked to speak with a Manager and even after showing her there was absolutely no wear to the soles or to the shoe itself she said there was nothing she could do. I could understand if the shoe appeared to be worn but this was not the case.

After 20 plus years as a Sears customer and card holder and most likely having spent at least $10,000 or more over that period, I will cut up my Sears credit card and take my business elsewhere in the future to a store that will stand behind their products they sell.

We bought a Samsung high end washer and dryer from Sears two years ago. The dryer is fine, but the $1800 washer is a dud. We are on our second water pump because the machine would not drain the water in the washer. It also gives a signal to the computer if the water is not filled to the normal use for a cycle, yet the machine tries to start, but then plays the music recorded for the washer computer, that drives you crazy. It is always singing in error. So, our computer had problems and needed replacement also. Other parts were installed by the Sear's technician as well. One of the technicians who serviced our washer said his wife did not like the top loader; two complicated and breaks down often.

They went back to the old style washing machines, which are hard to find, but do exist in a reconditioned machine. We have a warranty until sometime in 2012, but we would like to Craiglist these machines now, but if you have a conscience, you would not want your worst enemy to own a top loader Sear's machine, no matter what the brand. That is it for me with Sears, unless they replace the machine with a new one, because ours could have been a lemon, maybe. Now I hear Sear's is going to file Chapter 11 in the next year or so," so goodbye yellow brick road top loader, the dogs of society are howling. You can't put me in your top loader, I going back to my plow."

As I know with all american businesses, this complaint will fall on deaf ears. But here goes, I have been purchasing product from your Sears store in Rancho Cucamonga, California. for past several years, I and my spouse have purchased all our vision needs. My last purchase was less than a year ago in optical, the frames broke while cleaning them and scratched lens. your rep says,"sorry we can`t do anything about that". I`ll have to shell out $130.00 to replace lens, which i already shelled out over $300.00 for. So just in case you don`t see myself or my spouse in any Sears store (anywhere ) again, Its because of the way you treat your customers. I guess you know how much we all care about your store closeures now , huh!!!

Today I took my vehicle to the Sears Auto center in Hyannis, Mass at the Cape Cod Mall, to have a shimmy in my car looked at. I was told that they would look at the car and call me with what the car needed for repairs. A few hours later I received a call from Kevin saying that I needed routers in the back, routers in the front, new pads in the rear and front, I needed the emergency cable and pad replaced along with a tire that had a nail in it. They told me that the left rear Router had three cracks and that the total repair would be somewhere in the 890's range.

I asked them to just do the rear router and fix the tire and they stated that they could not do that. If they touched the car and replaced anything they would have to do all the breaks it was the "law". I asked him if that was the cause of the shimmy that I felt and he said "yes". I told him that I could not afford to do all that work, 900.00 was too much for me at this time. He said he would speak to his manager about just trying to take care of the shimmy.

He came back to the line and I was told No. I told him I would be down to pick up the car, I would not make any repairs at this time. Upon arriving back to the store to gather my car, which was a Chevy Tahoe The gentleman behind the counter said my bill was 897.00 I stated to him I didn't have any work done and that this was not my bill. He went into the back and got "Kevin" to come out who then told me that they repaired the one tire and it would be a charge of 24.00 I paid that Bill and proceeded out to my car. Immediately I noticed that the front drivers tire rim had been changed. I went back into the store and ask why the rim was different and I was told that they took off my space tire and placed that in the front to make the car "more balanced" and they either put the bad tire with the nail in it under the car where the spare goes or in the back.

I accepted this although not happy that the time had not been taken to change the rim on the tire that I paid 24.00 for. I got back to the car, to find the car dead. Unable to start. No power to the car at all. By this point I am not happy. I go back into the store and tell the clerk that the car does not start and I am not happy about this. A gentleman comes out of the back that I had not seen before, goes out to the car and tries to start it. It does not start. He comes back in and gets a jump start and preceded to jump start my car.

And begins to tell me all about how GM sucks and that they changed this and that and when they put it on the Diagnostics system it kills the battery. The best thing I could do is drive it for about 45 minutes to charge the battery up and it should be fine as long as my battery was not old. He was rude and unsympathetic to the situation. I got into my car that he had pulled up to the curb and I was unable to keep the car running. It stalled at every stop light, stop sign for almost 30 min, Being so upset at this point I take the car to Midas to have them test drive the car and explain to me what is wrong without telling them anything about what Sears said is wrong with the car.

The service man takes me out to the garage and shows me the rather large bubble in the right rear passenger side tire. Where the belt was broken. He had done a break inspection and found the crack that sears had stated, and also found no issues with the from routers and pads. Suggested to turn the routers would be helpful. They replaced the two rear tires, One of which was the spare now, and replaced the back routers, and pads along with windshield wipers, and repaired the back windshield wiper for 858.00.

Your company would have charged me the 898.00 and would have not solved the problem as to why I was there. This is unacceptable to me, and unfair business practices. I have used Sears for years and I am truly disappointed with the level of service at this store. I could not have been more upset to feel like I was being taken advantage of. They tried to get me to do repairs that were unnecessary, and I would have left without the problem being resolved. I would like my 24.00 refunded to me immediately that I paid for the tire repair, of which they just put the spare on. Where is there any repair? I could have used my AAA for that! I am truly disappointed in your services.

I am so upset and disappointed, first I was told my Craftsman Snow Thrower couldn't be attached to my Craftsman Riding Mower after talking to 8 different operators, just to be told I would have to buy the newer model. Then I told them I had some problems w/ my mover and made an appointment for 4 days later. Then you guys cancelled my appointment. I needed this done ASAP. So I then contacted my local lawn mower service, and was told that the snow thrower could be attached. So I had him install the attachment and in the process he noticed more wrong with the mower and it needed to be fixed so I had him do it and now SEARS won't cover it! This is not fair, you said it couldn't be done and cancelled on me and when I called back to reshcedual I had to speak to 5 different operators and was put on hold for 17 minutes just to be hung up on. This is a bunch of bull.

Hi, Thursday morning before black Friday I purchased $175 in gift cards at a local giant eagle groceries store. The gift cards, a total of 3, were for sears. I bought the gift cards to purchase a Samsung galaxy 7" tablet. On sale from $250 to $178. I sat in the sears store for hours, prior to the 4am sale began. Once the sale hit at 4am I proceeded to check out. When the sears employee swiped my gift cards he notified me that they read a balance of 0 dollars. I called the grocery store corporate office, and they called sears card services. Sears cards services acknowledged that they some how erased the balance, and that they would return the money back to the cards within 5 business days. The problem is I spent hours on the pg one trying to request the tablet at the same sale price as what I waited in the stores hours for, and out of the 3 people I spoke to they all say there's absolutely nothing they can do for me and that that price is only available during black Friday. I realize that. But it was to the fault of sears that I was unable to purchase the item at sales price. Now the tablet can only be bought at full retail price. I bought an entire homes appliances at sears, and this will

I went to Sears Store #02104 in St Clairsville OH, on 9/24//12, to exchange a wet and dry vac for filters. When I arrived in that dept., the sales assoc. was walking toward the end of the store. When she returned, I found out that she had gone for a price check for the only customers at the counter, which was a man & woman that were together. This transaction took quite a few minutes. I waited patiently for my turn. When she was done, I asked for her help to find the correct product I was supposed to purchase. When we returned to the counter there was another woman & man, who were together, at the counter. In stead of her ringing me out, she went to those people and started to ring up their purchase. Leaving me to wait again. I was insulted that she would put my business behind these other customers. When I had waited patiently for the customers before me. Please note that she did not attempt to wait on me when she returned to the counter from the previous customers. As I would not have expected her to.

I immediately interrupted her from waiting on those people and demanded that she continue waiting on me. She said to me that they were waiting. I said so was I and how dare her push me aside. She then called for someone else to come over to wait on the other customers. This again was not done for me previously. I asked another associate to call a manager so I could report the treatment I had just received. A Supervisor Jim Duncan showed up and listened to my complaint. I explained to him that I felt insulted and possible discriminated against as both of the other customers were Caucasian: and I am African American. I said to him, I am not positive that it is discrimination or if she was just being mean. But it was not fair.

I gave my complaint to Jim Duncan and left my phone number for him to give me a call to confirm that the issue was addressed. I told him I realize you can not tell me what you done, but I would like to know that the issue was addressed. I would not want anyone else to be mistreated as I was. To be honest I walked away with very little expectation that anything would be done by Mr. Duncan. I must have been right because it has been almost a month now and I have not received a phone call. I would have expected that Mr. Duncan should have asked for my personal information so he could respond to me about the results opposed to me having to volunteer my information and ask him to contact me. I also asked him to check the cameras and he would be able to see and confirm the experience I had told him about.

I would appreciate a sincere response to this hurtful treatment I experienced in the Sears store. I can be reached at lrtree9@yahoo.com or 304-232-2880, if you have any questions or would like any additional information.

Loretta Reese

On Dec 2 2012 I visited your store in Irondequoit New York. I purchased several men's shirts, which cost me approximately $56. I paid for the shirts with a gift card, balance of approximately $15, and by credit card, $41.58.

The shirts were not the right fit so I returned them about a week later to the same store. Allegedly the clerk gave me a full refund, consisting of a new gift card for the $15 and a credit on my Mastercard. Two days ago I revisited the same store to buy a belt. I presented the gift card and was told it had not been "activated." I walked out without buying the belt and later that day called the store manager. She asked me for the return receipt.

Unfortunately I did not keep it, thinking that the refund at a store of Sears size and reputation had been properly processed. My mistake. The manager then asked for the date of the refund. Not recalling the exact date, I said I would call my bank and get the date the $41.58 went back on my card. I called and lo and behold my bank informed me I did not have any credit from Sears on my account. I figure one of two things transpired.

The clerk processing the return was incompetent and unknowningly activated some other gift card and credited some other person's credit card. If true, this does not reflect well on Sears training. Or the clerk deliberately took these steps for her personal gain, stealing from you and me. I suspect the latter. I do not know if you can ever identify the clerk.

I do know I am out of pocket $56. I ask you to send me a gift card for this amount.

We purchased a Samsung microwave on 1/3/13 at the Palmdale, CA Sears store. At time of purchase we paid 561.48 which included a $10.00 fee for removal of our previous microwave.

The delivery and installation person refused to take the large box our new microwave came in. He did remove the old microwave and we feel he should have taken the box as well.

When a call was made to customer service at the local Sears store, that individual hung up on my husband (I feel that person was not aware of Sears policy and did not want to take the time to find out.)

I filed a warranty repair claim weeks ago for a GE Profile Series Microwave. After filing the claim through 888-518-7208 a Technician came the first time for the appointment scheduled between 1:00PM and 5:00PM and the technician had the courtesy to at least call me at 832-885-8111 and tell me he was running late but he came,

Upon arrival he diagnosed the problem, ordered the part and I paid via Visa Credit Card, $55.00 and he instructed me to call the 888-518-7208 and schedule for a technician to come back and make the repair.

I called the 888-518-7208 and a technician was scheduled to come back between 1:00PM and 5;00PM and showed up a little after 3:00PM and was here less than 5 minutes and said, "I cannot do it by myself, you need to call and reschedule and I can come back with a assistant.

We called last week on Tuesday and scheduled a 1:00PM to 5:00PM appointment on Thursday and no one came or called.

I then called this week on Tuesday to complain and reschedule, and was told that today 04/11/2013 that the technicians would be here between 1:00PM and 5:00PM, my wife was here waiting before 1:00PM, at 2:30PM CST I took off work to pick our daughter up from school at 3:00PM, I called my wife to see if anyone had came or called and she said, "No", I then called the 888--518-7208 and checked on the status and was told that they were dispatched and coming.

At 3:15PM CST I arrived home at 1228 Delano Street, Houston, TX 77003, and waited until 4:30PM CST and called the 888-518-7208 service number and was told that the appointment had been cancelled. I asked why? I told you not only was someone there waiting but provided my number and my Wife's. They said the technician reported that he called and got no answer; however my phone number is ported to Google Voice as well as Corporate Phone Tracking and I checked everywhere no call to me or my wife.

Then I tried calling Legal at 800-475-1212 and no answer, I called the nearest Sears Store, less than a mile away and got hung up in twice, called back and asked to speak to a Supervisor and was put on hold, after 10 minutes and no answer I hung up.

It is 5:40PM CST and I have been on the phone for over a hour trying to get relief. I begged for someone to come today as after 3 total no shows I have lost faith, income, and been ran around until at 6:47PM CST I was told again that the earliest someone could come is this coming Monday, the fact that this problem has been going on for around a month.

I have a lengthy documentation of calls, as well as Conclusive Proof of call tracking that neither I or my wife was ever called during these repetitive "No Shows" and to have to wait AGAIN and not be able to have this request for service elevated is unprofessional and disrespectful.

At one point I was offered a $80.00 Sears Gift Card, which I declined and said, "I do not care if give me a $500.00 Gift Card, it is not about money from Sears, it is about the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and the fact that I am a Executive in a very high Tax Bracket who typically bills $250.00 a hour for my time, and I have had to not only take off work but literally spend hours on the phone trying to get this resolved.

If Sears has any integrity what so ever they will have someone here tomorrow not Monday. Prior to concluding my procession of phone calls for over 2 hours I told the person on the phone that this should have a Elevated Status and anytime tomorrow that some one can come I will make sure someone is here, to be told, "Sorry, we can try and put you on a waiting list but the AMAZING, "I HAVE YOU SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY BETWEEN 8:00AM CST AND 12;00PM CST.
There is no question in my mind why so many Sears Stores are Closing.

On Sunday 10/23/11 we went to Sears Tool Department at Southland Mall in Hayward, CA. My husband explained to the Sales Associate that our Garage door opener would not work, that it made a loud sound and then the chain snapped and the plastic pulley broke. The sales Associate asked me if I brought it I said no, that it was still installed in my garage. The sales associate ask if we had the receipt, my wife said we didn't know if we still had it, but we told the sales associate that we purchased it in November 2009.

I asked if I could bring it back and he said yes that he could credit back our Sears Credit Card. So I told him I wanted to upgrade to a belt driven versus a chain driven, the Sales Associate said ok and carried the belt driven garage door opener to the sales counter. We went home and removed the old one and installed the new opener. We took back the old Garage door opener and was advised my the sale associate he would need a managers permission to credit back our card.

One manager came and told us that she could not give us a refund, so we asked to speak to another manager, the second manager said she could not refund us the credit and we would have to contact the Service Company for Craftsman. After explaining over and over again that the Sales Associate told us that we could bring the old one back it did no good. Basically they all Lied to us.

I had a coupon for a $17.99 oil change. I took my 2010 Toyota Sienna in and left it. I got a phone call 45 min. later. He said his name was Roger and he could only put Synthetic oil in my car. The cost would be $70.00. He said it was in the owners manual that only synthetic oil could be used. I told him I would be back to pick up my car and he needed to show me what he was talking about in my owners manual. When I got there he was at the computer looking it up. My family owns 3 body shops in the Richmond and Williamsburg area. I am an estimator at our Midlothian Turnpike location. I know a little about cars. I think this Roger character thought I was just some dumb woman coming in for an oil change. I asked him to show me where it said I had to have synthetic oil and he said he would get his coworker to look. His coworker came over and said, "it's a Sequoia right?" I said no, a Sienna. He said, "in that case, it takes regualar oil". He didn't even know what kind of car I had but insisted I had to have synthetic oil. That is ridicuolous! He then told me to come back in an hour and it would be done. I told him no thanks. I do not want them to touch my car. I also could have sent work to them on occasion because we buy tires and need alignments done. I would NEVER send work there. The Chesterfield Town Center Sears Auto Center will not be getting business from me or our family owned business of Bruce's Super Body Shops.

I have been a somewhat regular Sear's Shopper for a good part of the Last 30 year's and I have NEVER seen such poor Managment Skill's demonstrated in my life. When you walk into the Store on Rice and University in St Paul, Mn. you are immediately drawn into an atmosphere of Repression from the Employee's, as you go from Dept to Dept you can actually witness Manager's talking down to the Staff and berating them in front of co-worker's and Shopper's. Now I understand in this Economy that Retailers are struggling with lagging sale's, but to take that out on Emploee's is inexecusable. I have inquired of some of the Employee's of their treatment and they are very hesitant to comment for fear of actual retaliation from their Superior's, from what I have seen most of the Employee's are of Minority Status and are younger. I did make some inquiries as to the name's of some of the most guilty Task Master's..... Store Manager is Dan Kaufman and it trickle's down from there to a young man named Mike to another named Lisa (Dept Mgrs?) they brood about the store snarling at Customer's and Staff alike. What I would like to know is what kind of education for training these Individual's have gone through and I would also like to know, when did Sear's start working against it's Employee's and the Communities where they are. Shame on Sear's for changing from an Establishment of Respect in the Community to one of pure dread to enter.

Purchased a washer and dryer floor model combination in October 2009 along with a 3-year maintenance agreement. I have the original Sears purchase receipt for the $3,221.54. Salescheck # 018640229475, Date 10/02/2009 pruchased at the Hunt Valley, MD Sears store. We called for service before the Maintenance Agreeement expired because the washer is not draining properly. On the first and second service visits, we were told that there is no Serial Number Sticker on the Washer, and therefore, they cannot order the part to fix the problem. Service claims that the Maintenance Agreement information at Sears, as well as the Sales records, do not include the Serial Number. Sears, they claim, keeps no record of the Serial Number. I talked to a Service Manager who told me that if the unit does not have a Serial number attached to it, they cannot service the unit. I did not remove the Serial Number. The matching machines have been under a service agreement for 3 years that cost me $199.99 at the time of purchase. I cannot understand why Sears would not have the Serial Numbers of the units on record. I, also, have no way to know if the original service tech removed or discarded the Serial Number sticker. I know I did not. Or, possibly, the sticker was removed at the store (both units were floor models).

First of all, you need agents that can speak and understand American English. Second, your delivery department needs to be a little more flexible about delivery. I have arrange to be home the majority of a day so that your delivery guys can be here all of 15 minutes to drop off a mattress!!!! However, there is about an hour during the morning I can't be here and no one can seem to work around that. If I understood her right, the agent barely spoke English, I won't get a call until the night before TELLING me when they will be here and if I can't be here during that whole 4 hour time frame (for a 15 minute delivery) then I have to reschedule and take another day off!!!!!!! WTH??? Not very customer service oriented, Sears!!! VERY disappointing!!!! And I won't be motivated to make any large purchases from you ever again!

I purchased a groupon for Sears. I let it expire because I decided I did not need the promotional item, and because the Groupon says the purchase price (not the promotional value) is always good for any goods or services offered by the merchant.

The Groupon itself guarantees a refund of the purchase price if the merchant fails to honor it "Period". I attempted to use the purchase value at Sears and it would not honor the Groupon for any value at all because the promotional value had expired. I

now have several emails from Groupon telling me the purchase price is good only toward the original promotion - in direct contradiction of the terms printed on the Groupon itself! The responses do not even attempt to explain this unilateral and retroactive change in the terms. Just too bad, so sorry.

Finally, they told me to go away and not bother them anymore.

I contacted the Sears Outlet Store in Hendersonville Tn about PTY 9000 mower that I fully intended to buy. The manager sent me pics to my phone, which was very nice. However, I was told that it was being sent off for service first and I would be contacted when it arrived back. It would be couple a weeks. I didn't wait that long, so I contacted them frequently, and was told that it hadn't arrived back yet. Now I can't get the manager to call me back and I was told that it was sold more than likely. The time frame was the middle of Dec when I first contacted them.

I am trying my best to find a Craftsman Profeesional mower that is withing driving distance of my location. The mower above fit my needs and it was withing driving distance. I'm frustrated because I have been watching the Sears Outlet website for several months and I finally found one, that was sold out from under me. There is another mower in West Palm Beach that I would like to have, but it's a 13 hr drive from upstate SC.

Please help find out where the mower went in Hedersonville, TN if possible, and I'll be more than happy to retract my complaint. I just want to know what actually happened.

I bought this bike November 2011. So far there have been three problems. The first was there were no screws to put it together. The second was the computer broke. The third was a broken belt. The first two comlaints I made directly to the manufacturer of the stationary bike, and received good service. But the broken belt was the last straw, and I requested warrenty service from sears, which I did. I was told I would hear from the repair company within two or three days.

I did not receive a call, so I called sears back, and was told again, I would hear from the repair company in two or thee days, but I did not hear. So I called the company directly and they sent me a new belt within a week, and I got my husband to replace it. It is now six weeks after my request for service from Sears, and finally I got a call from their repair company that they finally had the part and would come down and replace it.

I called Sears and said I had thought I was never going to get service, so I replaced it, and they cancelled my warrenty. This company, Sears, sure has a good method of getting out of servicing their products. I will never shop at Sears again, because other stores provide the same goods, and are much easier to deal with.

Refrigerator went out on Aug. 26, kept completely closed for 24 hours and reported it on Aug. 27. Unable to get commitment to fix appliance until Aug. 28, and told it would be fixed Sept. 5. Purchased maintenance agreement on numerous appliances and this is going to be a 10 day wait to repair.

After numerous calls to have fixed sooner Angie stated that the maintenance contract only states Sears will fix item, it does not necessarily mean in a timely manner. Angie stated she is a seasoned rep of 4 years and is very familiar with Sears policy. Actions such as this are totally unacceptable and I will pursue every avenue available to bring this to the attention of someone who cares and is able to act responsibly on it. I paid for a service which Sears is unable to properly provide, or just lacks the desire to do so.

I purchased a set of Michelin 80,000 mile tire for my Nissan Altima 2010. I have Sear rotate the tire and do the oil changes every three thousand miles. With in Ten month and 13,000 miles two of my tires were completely bald and the other two tires had 4/32 and 5/32 of tread. The manager said it was from aggressive driving? The car is a 4 door sedan with a 4 cylinder completely stock.

I told the manager that the car was driven normal and was front wheel drive and tire that were bad wore on the rear and my paper work shows from sears when they rotated them. The manger then said it was from excessive braking. I told him it had abs and it would be impossible to slide the tires .

I then asked him to check the pressure my tire were over inflated by sear by over three pounds and the car had been at sear for over three hour they had just serviced it. That why I went down there because he said they wouldn't rotate the tire because the back ones were so bad.

He said all he could do was replace the to back tires and that it void my entire replacement warranty for the whole set. On the warranty it states that over inflation voids the warranty and he still blamed me. This isn't a race car and his team had my tires over inflated . He told me that it was ok because no matter how hot tires get the pressure only increases by 10% I didn't know he was genius as well. I asked him if I could send the tires to michelin to be checked for defects he told me no and he wasn't either.

So when you by from Sears you better not get a tire the will last 80,000 miles because when it wears out in thirteen they will void your warranty by blame and there improper inflation statistics. I also contact Sears head quarters and they can even have someone higher up contact me. Beware of Sears you and your family are at great risk with their automotive experts. A corvette could wear out 80,000 mile tire in 13,000 mile may be 40,000 but in 13,0000 this is highway robbery.

By the way I have a 2005 nissan Altima 4 door with a four cylinder with the same exact tires from Sears and they have over 35,000 mile and they ate still like brand new and this car doesn't have Abs brakes. No matter the issue they tires ate faulty and that seats responsibility to honnor the warranty they sold me.

Made a purchase at sears.com, and used my sears rewards points. Only after the sale was complete, a disclaimer appeared that said this item was sold by a third party - marketplace, not sears. This means I cannot return a defective product to sears, and will have to pay to have it shipped back to marketplace. Sears should make this dirty tactic known at the beginning of the sale, not after it is complete and cannot be stopped. Since sears was bought out by k-mart, they have become a second-rate company. I purchased lifetime products like tape measures and snow shovels at premium prices. Sears has now discontinued at their discression, and will no longer honor their lifetime guarantee. Instead of a craftsman lifetime product, you are given a cheap item that could have been purchased for less money at another store like Big Lots or Lowe's.

I saw a great offer on Sears website for as mobile phone. Turned out it was too good to be true.

After making me call their security centre (2nd international call being for half an hour), they and securing my bank’s commitment to payment they then presented a range of excuses including a pricing error and blaming a 3rd party vendor. The vendor they blamed didn’t even receive my order which was placed with Sears (Sears also taking payment).

After that it was a series of minor disasters; My bank made me change the credit card as they insisted Sears transaction had exposed me to potential fraud; there was further expense of phone calls; many hours were wasted with over 40 emails; letters to the CEO and Sears Chairman were completely ignored.

What should you do it Sears appear to be offering a good deal? – My advice is very definitely to look elsewhere unless you have a lot of time on your hands, extra money to waste on expensive calls, aren’t worried about fraud on your credit cards and a thick skin to deal with a series of different “customer service” reps.

I bought a washer and dryer from Sears on Friday, Nov.23 2012. I paid $80 to have it delivered and set up. The delivery guy did what he was supossed to do. He set up the washer and drier and tested them. Once the delivery guy left, I noticed that the washer was leaking from the drain hose. This was at 12:00 noon. I called Sears and notified them of the problem. She told me that the tech would be back in about 1-2hrs. to fx the problem. At 4:30pm, no one ever showed up. I again contacted Sears. I spoke to 3 different people and stayed on the phone for 35min. I was given a $50 gift card for my inconvenience by email, which I have yet to receive. I was told that someone would contact me Sunday night to set up an appt. for Monday. Well, today is Monday and I was not contacted by sears. I once again contacted Sears myself. I was told that I had an appt. set up for Wed., Nov. 28. I didnt set up that appt. for Wed. and was told that there is nothing that they can do to get an earlier appt. No one can come out to fix the problem any earlier than that. I can not do any laundry. It is very frustrating that I was suposse to have a brand new waher on Sat., that works. And today is Wednesday and still no fuctioning washer, and probably wont have a working washer until Wednesday. When I contacted the complaint dept., I was told that I can not file a complaint because the washer is not on my file and they probably can not set up an appt. until the waher is on my file. This is a cluster, you know what. I am very angry and dissatisified. Tracy Dore'

i took my van to sears today in hilo, hawaii to get a simple oil change and replace the windshield wipers. i got there @ 7:00 am and the guy said that everyone was out sick and only had one mechanic on duty. after i paid my bill of 74.83, they gave me the keys to my vehicle and i drove home approx 6 miles, with my windows rolled up and the air conditioning on. on m way home, my vehicle was lurching and not running properly.

when i plled into the driveway, i see smoke and could smell that my brakes were scorched and burnt. i looked down and saw that sears had applied my emergency brake on the floorboard and neglectected to tell me that they had done so. i called sears store in hilo hawaii automotive twice @ 808-981-4095 and got attitude and lip service from troy and some chick that hung up on me..

i then called their office @ 808-981-4001 ande sploke to oren who said that he was a store manager. they all told me that sears always applies the emergency brake for saftey reasons. bullshit! they do it on purpose. i spoke to the mechanic and his boss named perry as i was leaving in the parking lot. neither one of them told me that they had appled the emergency brake and should disengage it.

i told sears that i want a complete brake job due to their inferior customer service and neglect

I purchased two sewing machines online through Sears.com and at slightly different times of the day for 2 different people to make early purchases for Christmas. Unbeknownst to me, I learned one person had just bought a machine for herself and the second person developed a serious illness and is unable to sew any more. When I received an email notice of my purchases I discovered that the machines were the same but one was priced about $70.00 higher than the other. I tried to return both machines today at the Sears store. One of them went right through at the store and was credited to my account.

The other wouldn't go through at all. Found out that Sears has between 300 and 400 outside vendors that sell products through their website as Sears. Now I have to send the second machine back myself at my cost & learned that the additional $70.00 I was asked to pay for the same machine was the extra "profit" the outside vendor was making. Nowhere online was this explained to me. Had I not purchased both machines at slightly different times & then returned them, I would never have learned of this practice.

On 10/17/2011 I received an Email add from Sears advertising an online order only Panasonic 55 inch HDTV plasma with two pair of glasses for $1099.99. When I tried to order it online I was unable to get the $1099.99 price. Instead the price was $1299.99 with no glasses. The add also said to use a special code, "PANATV" and when entered into the order it came back with, "This code does not apply to this TV". Many, many Emails to Sears robots resulted in them finally telling me they could not find the add for the TV at $1099.99.

They could not find their own add? I copied and pasted the add to one of the many Emails and so far I have heard nothing. I'm not holding my breath. Sears seems to be as difficult to deal with as PayPal.

I will never take another chance at buying online from Sears and encourage others not to take the chance either. This is a highly deceptive practice & I resent being taken advantage of in this manner. Possible Resolution: I'd like to see Sears identify the products that are coming through an outside vendor and identify the purchase price difference. I hope my account will be properly credited when the 2nd. machine is returned, and would like to be reimbursed for the extra shipping costs I will now have to pay.

I bought a washer and dryer, after waiting the 2 weeks for delivery I was given a time for delivery and then they called and gave another time for delivery, and then they called and told my Son they would have to reschedule for the next day! I called the 800 number for delivery and those people are outsourced! They're not even in this country and they tried telling me that it was already delivered!I tried to speak to a supervisor and no one would connect me to one so I called the Sears store where I bought it and they gave me the same worthless 800 number.

I use to buy everything from sears, from tools , appliances, clothes,  just everything. Here in the last few years your service to the public has went down the tubes. I went out to your bluefield store to buy a portable air compressor, the one i wanted wasnt in the store but they had a set with compressor and air tools, they told me i could order it and it would be in in 2 days. I told them that i needed it sooner and that i would buy the one they had and they could replace it when the other one came in.

I have had a problem with my Sears washer from the getgo. It never has worked properly, sometimes taking as many as 4 hours to get a single load done. Have had several parts replaced,had the waranty extended,yet it still is bad....something smelled like it was burning. Now it won't spin or drain. Magtag refuses to do anything but a service call. I've tried to say I just have a lemon! How does one get some response from them? Do they not stand behind their products? My last machine lasted 25 years with only a couple service calls...I don't abuse my appliances. Will I get any response from Sears? I bet not!!!!

T hey told me no! So i went to lowes, you bet they took care of me. Now i dont even shop at sears any more, i shop where i am appreciated. I told the salesman I purchased the set from to call them and find out way I have to take more time off work to wait for another delivery! The salesman called back and told me the washer and dryer was already delivered!!!! It's no wonder Sears is going under I know they've lost my business!!

First the customer service in the Brooklyn store on Beverly rd sucks you wait on a long line to be treated with such rudeness and total lack of respect for a paying customer. I bought a set of brand new tires in October 2011 with a road hazard plus agreement. They mislead you into thinking you get a new tire if it cannot be fixed. My tire has a hole in it on the sidewall and they want to charge me 100$ what warranty. Tell people the truth. This particular sears is very unprofessional and needs a major overhaul. I am very dissatisfied this is the worst. Don't bring your car here unless absolutely necessary unless you are gluten for punishment and want to give your money away!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by wanda bell on 08/30/2013 at IP address 198.228.200.158 using our Sears complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sears customer review titled, "Misleading warranties" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

I went to the Sears store today that is located at Greenwood Park Mall in Greenwood Indiana. We were looking for a jacket for my father-in-law. We were looking for a "tall" in mens. After wandering around for about 10 minutes in the Mens Department looking for signs that would have said "Big and Tall", we finally found an Associate so we could ask where that department was. She said it was in the basement.

We proceeded to the basement and again looked for signs that said "Big and Tall". We could not locate any Associate on the floor that we could ask. There was a male Associate that was "passing by" and asked him if he knew. He said he didn't work in that Department but he was sure there was one. I went to the cashier area to ask a cashier. The cashier I asked told me "no" you don't have a tall mens department.

I worked in customer for service for 30 years and I will have to say that this display was the worst customer service I have ever seen. In the retail business especially, I think it is terrible that people that are supposed to be in the "customer service" business have no clue what is going on. Their "I could care less" attitude is appalling to me.

I understand in today's world we all try to do more with less but this experience is unacceptable to me. Sears associates need to take more pride in their jobs and really know what their job is all about. I hadn't shopped at Sears for years and I can tell you after this experience I won't shop Sears again.

Of course our dehumidifier was on the recall list, sent the plug in and all information required, expecting to be reimbursed in full for their faulty product. WRONG. Seventyfive bucks and a twentyfive dollar discount coupon. RIPPOFF. No where in the information on recall was the amount of recall we would recieve. NOWHERE. Due to our basement being somewhat damp, we had to purchase a new unit pronto, and decided not to buy another Sears product to handle our task. Whoopie, a 75 dollar check toward a 300 dollar new unit. Payment in full should be expected from such a company.

I purchased a Kenmore stove, side by side refridgerator, dishwasher and range. When I purchased all, I was aked if my stove was electric (not if it was hard electrice) and i said yes. When Sears came to deliver the appliances, the guy walks in, looks at my stove and say he can't remove nor replace it. I asked what do you mean, he said hard electric. I called Sears and was told I should've told someone, I said if I was asked I could've checked but no one asked me. I was told about the dishwasher and the hood range only. Sears associate told me they could have someone come over and hook it up in a week for an additonal $195 (I just spent over $3,000). I told her, that was never told to me and I am a bit annoyed because I buy applianced from you and I have to pay to have them hooked up, that is absurd. If Sears is going to be a penny pitching company, let your consumers know. My appliances were delivered on the 19th of October, 2012, like I said, I hired an electrician to do Sears work (Sears outsource there delivery associates), now I have placed four (4) phone calls to Sears to come and pick up my old stove (which I paid for) and I keep getting the run around. When I call they say it's not in the system and they will schedule it, the schedule date comes and I call back and the same thing again. I was told by many people not to deal with Sears and now I understand why. When PC Richard deliver anything, they make sure they have people that can hook it up whether it's in the price or they tell there customers. I am very disappointed in Sears and at this point, I will never recommend you and I do Real Estate where I would tell my customers to not purchase your appliances from Sears. I would really like to speak to some one of higher authority. When I call Sears last night (October 25th, 2012), I was told all the supervisors were busy and someone would get back to me. Thank god I wasn't hold ing my breath. I am referring to the Sears in Smith Haven Mall, Lake Grove, NY. If someone could please get back to me, it would be greatly appreciated. My home number is 631-676-5157.

I bought a Craftsman Model 28 75117 electric air compressor on 12/23/2008. I used it 7 times to pumpup the tires in my two car. on 10/8/2011, while using it, it vibrated, smoked, and then split in two. I discovered that the screws that held the motor to the compressor did not have any nuts or mechanism to lock them tight. Consequently, they backed themselves out via vibration. A poor design and safety hazard. It had a one year warranty. I did not get the extended warrany on this unit.

However, considering the reason why it failed I thought Sears would be embarrassed and exchange the unit. (They have a newly designed replacement unit 28 75121. I wonder why!) I talked with three different people at Sear's "Solution Center." What a waste. They aren't there to help loyal Sear's customers. Not to mention, they are rude. A great company is falling appart. It is sad.

I then purchased a Craftsman Drill/Light a few years back and the charger is no longer operating and has now rendered the unit graveyard ready. I went to the local store and they told me Sears no longer sells the charger for the 15.6 volt drill/light but I could buy a complete 15.6 volt drill/light with a charger - What? Can you kindly tell me why I can't buy the charger for my current drill.

Why is Sears selling power tolls and then quit handling replacement parts? I was told that Sears has had many complaints regarding this problem I would appreciate your quick responce regarding this problem . My neighbor across the street has the exact same problem. Sears is saying that I can't replace the charger but they would be happy to sell me a complete package with a charger .Very upset with Sears and Craftsman at this point. Thanks and will be waiting your responce

Contacted Sears to install windows for me and since this is a complaint review your pretty much already know how it went. I was told it would take one day to install nine windows with outside moldings. It took 4 days to install. Day 1 two guys came the rest were to show up in a van which alledgely the tire blew out and the couldnt come. Two guys that came could only install 7 windows and put in the last two but didnt secure them so the house was freezing. Day 2 no one showed up to install windows.

Day 3 the entire team showed up to install but ran out of material leaving a huge mess in my front and back yard. Day 4 contractors realized that the windows werent installed correctly and said they reordered windows but tried to contact Sears when those windows would come in they never heard of such an order. So Im out of 10K the windows cost me.

I'm a person who would like to see Sears around for a long time but after my experiance today I'm not too sure. Went to the Woodlands Texas today looking for a part for my dryer and the first thing I was told by another customer was, do not ask him anything. An older guy with somewhat of an attitude asked me what did I want. I told him to be patient and I would tell him. An overall negative experiance from a known professional store. This person should not be employed by a store trying to maintain a good relationship with customers.

I had cataract surgery which resulted in having to have a new eyeglass prescription. I took my prescription to Sears Optical in Montgomery and a nightmare started to unfold from there. The employees that I had to deal with her so incompetent that I finally gave up. This was after they submitted my insurance forms to Viva Medicare incorrectly and this resulted in my benefits being denied. They actually were issued a $100.00 check which they were not entitled to, and never returned.

We had paid and had a receipt for the entire cost and after almost a year of going back numerous times for corrected insurance forms, we finally received the $100.00 that was due to us from the beginning. This did not result in them refunding the $100.00 that they had previously received in error. They couldn't get the codes right and this kept us from getting our check for almost a year. I realize you can't pay a Rocket Scientist to work in these positions, but at least give them enough training to perform the duties required.

We have been Sears customers since 1960 but we do not intend to ever buy anything from them again. AND, one pair of my glasses will not hold the lense. I finally stopped going back for that, too. Don't give me the excuse that it is an independent company and not a part of Sears. They are in your store and everything (receipts, etc) has your name on them.

So, I just purchased a washer from Sears. They installed it and one month later, it started leaking. I called to schedule an appointment. After being transferred numerous times, I finally did the live chat. I then found out it would be 2 weeks to get an appointment. I asked to speak with a supervisor and after waiting 20 minutes online, was finally told there was no supervisor. I was then told 10 minutes later that the supervisor was in a meeting and wouldn't be available and that I should call to speak with someone.

I then called, and was then told that there were 4 other callers waiting to speak with a supervisor. While waiting, the regular agent, then told me that I would have to pay $75 to schedule the appointment that is 2 weeks out. I just bought the thing, Sears installed it, why do I have to pay? This is ridiculous! It has now been 35 more minutes on hold and I am still waiting for the supervisor.

Ok, so I got the supervisor. Who, of course tells me the same script as everyone else. She stated her name was "George" and that she can't give me a last name. Of course, I am stuck with an appointment 2 weeks out. And, she didn't understand why waiting for 2 weeks for an appointment is an issue.

In June of 2008 my husband and I purchased a Kenmore Microwave Hood Combination. We also purchased a stove, refrigerator and a dishwasher at the Sears store. In the past we have had exceptional use from Sears appliances. First, the stainless steel trim fell off my microwave in the first month of purchase and would not stay attached.

Then, on Dec. 29 my microwave died with a routine warming of food! It was only 3 1/2 years old! The quality of this unit was devastating and disappointing. It would cost $269. for a serviceman from Sears to "fix" it, but if he was not able to we would have to pay him and on top of that purchase a new microwave! We are deeply disappointed in the quality performance and longevity of this unit, and are further disappointed in Sears Service response to this problem.

Sears sucks! I am never purchasing an appliance from them again!

On 02/25/2012 I purchased a self propelled lawn mower model #917370430 in less than a month it had to go into the shop. I t did not want to start, it kept stalling out within 30 seconds. I was told it had to much oil in the oil resevor. a month later it went back inot the shop for the same problem. now the mower will not start at all. I was told that it is due to low compression and that I probably had hit something. They said they would not honor the 2 year warranty, but if I paid 263 dollars they would fix the mower. I paid 285 dollars for the mower. They refuse to honor their own warranty. It is a 2 year warranty and I want my money back or a new mower. I have every intention of telling my 633 face book friends as welll as the Air Force reserve unit that I belong to, informing them of the failure to honor their waranty for their product.

I am writing about how Sears treats its customers when they give them a good deal on price. I was very excited about thanksgiving this year because I wanted a new TV. I was standing in line at Sears in Oxford at number 1.

I got the ticket for 50 LED TV, but when I went to get TV it was not there so they told me that they don't have TV some one took the TV, they will order better TV for me, this is the TV that they were advertising big time as there super hot deal.

They ordered a better TV for me and told it will be available on 12/12/12 while doing this they ordered a better TV for others in line behind me even better than me and their delivery date was 12/5/12. When I tried to get that one or better delivery date they denied to do any thing.

When I went to pick up my TV on 12/12/12 TV was not there, they said itwill be there on 19 th dec I told I wan TV they threatened me of police and told me I can get refund, my point is that if it was any other thing I would had purchased without standing in line I wont mind refund but I was in line for 12 hrs to get that TV and still they are threatening me of calling police and refund

I have been a customer of Sears for 60 of my 75 years I purchased 1000's of $ worth of merchandise from Sears .When I had my own construction company I bought Craftsman hand a power tools. Also used Sears major appliances in kitchens I constructed. Now at age 75 and want credit approval to purchase a new tv ,you allow Experian to dictate to you about a customer you had for 60 years . I have had mortgages on several homes , home equity loans personal loans and recently a reputable local furniture store gave me 6 months to pay on furniture I purchased. I am never late on my rent or any other monthly bills . I bank with Wells Fargo and am sure I can get a personal loan with them I thought renewing my credit with Sears would be possible . Be assured that business with you and Kmart will cease , as there are many retailers who would welcome my business. Finally , I will no longer encourage any want to shop at Sears Your former satisfied customer. Robert H. Clarke

Ordered washer, dryer, pedestals, hoses, etc. Paid for delivery. Was told it would be delivered on Thursday, February 21, 2013. My husband contacted me to find out where Sears was since there was no delivery. Contacted Sears...was told the sales person who handled my order was new and made a mess with punching in the information and appently placed it as a hold at location. The Sales Associate, Nancy (Novi Location) was very nice and contacted the Dulles location in Virginia to straighten everything out. The contact person in Dulles called my husband and assured him delivery will be on Saturday morning. On Friday, an automated call came from Sears stating delivery would be between 1 and 3 p.m. Another blow! On Saturday the delivery people came and told my husband the water pan was too small for the washer. My husband told him start on the dryer while he runs to home depot to get the correct pan. My husband was told no. My husband asked the delivery men if they had more deliveries within the area...they said yes. He asked if they could come back at the end of their cycle...they said no. My husband then told them to cancel the order. Before my husband could even go to the store, I recieve an email receipt crediting me $3,000 for the order. No one called to see what had transpired! My husband went to the store and someone was prepared with a receipt for my husband. Then to find out we had the proper size water pan for the washer!!! The assistant manager kept on saying there was nothing he could do. The manager appently leaves at 12:00 and could not be reached. Then when my husband told them to credit his credit card....the representative said he did not have a card on file. My husband has had a Sears card since 1991...Sears is so quick to find it when a sale is being made but not for a refund. This is not the only time a situation like this has happened. It is just apparent that my husband and I are stupid for giving Sears a chance. I just want to know how is this allowed...How does management not follow up when there is a minor glitch with a customer...How do delivery men make the final call on situations with deliveries...How can someone be prepared with a receipt when my husband walks into the building....Please help me figure this out....or am I just wasting my time?

I was attending a Christmas party and needed a $75 gift card that I could print online because I did not have enough time to stop and get one. Sears advertised that you could buy the gift card and within one hour print out a copy of it for the gift. I ordered one online. After a little more than an hour I received an email stating that they "may need more time to process and might need to contact me. I paid with Paypal, so there could not have been a problem with the transaction.

After 3 hours and no luck, I called the help number from the email and had to provide tons of information about my purchase. The call obviously went to India as the person had to have me repeat myself several times as I did for her to repeat to me to understand. She then passed me to the finance department and they asked me all the same questions again and did not even know why I was calling, so I had to tell the story all over again.

Ultimately, she said the gift card had not even been processed yet because they were behind. This is a total failure in advertising something you could not deliver. I would have done much better elsewhere and will make sure I shop elsewhere in the future. My transaction number was 439905557 on 8 December 2012.

Re: Treadmill Repairing. Dear Sir/ Madam, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that two men came on 3/7/12 to repair the treadmill. After briefly inspecting the machine I was presented with an estimate of $802.66 and I was also advised that since this is an old machine, spending any amount of money for repairing it would be complete wastage.

I was also told that most of the spare parts for this machine are either too expensive or not available any more. Both men advised me to use a company that removes junk as that way I would be able to make few bucks and get rid of the junked machine. They charged me $99.00 for the visit and drove away.

Unconvinced, I started looking for another company for a second opinion about the machine and talked to a person, just by listening the symptoms, agreed to repair the machine and asked me to order two parts, one from Sears and another from different company. It took barely 25 min for the person to repair the machine and he charged me only $115.00 for the complete job with two years warranty.

I am complaining of being presented with misleading and false information,  incorrect estimation and wrongfully charged for $99.00.I have the relevant bills, vouchers and purchase orders for necessary substanciation.

On April 2nd I made two purchases on Sears.com. Shortly after ordering I received an email advising that my order was cancelled. I called Customer Service and was told that I needed to speak to the Fraud Dept to whom they transferred me. I then spoke to a lady named Kristy who was very unhelpful and advised that my orders were cancelled due to fraudulent activity reported by the credit card company. I was instructed to call Citibank. I called them and was told that they did not show anything was wrong on their end. All they saw was that the amounts charged to my cards were cancelled by Sears. I called Sears back and spoke to a representative who once again transferred me to the security department. I then spoke to someone who told me since I had reported fraud previously (which I did not) my account was locked. When I tried to explain that this was not the case he asked me if I was going to let him explain or continue talking over him. I told him to put his supervisor on the phone. He then put me on hold. After 5 min he came back and told me that his supervisor was at lunch and I had to wait 15 min for him to get back. When I asked to speak to someone else he put me back on hold and never returned to the line. I then called back and got another rep who finally transferred me to her supervisor. This person, although nice, was completely clueless and transferred me back to security. The fraud rep that picked up the line told me that I was now banned from ever ordering online and going forward all purchases had to be made in the store???!!! I asked for his manager who got in the line and told me that I had numerous red flags on my account but he could not provide me with the details due to privacy. Really?? I am beyond frustrated and upset. I need someone to resolve this issue ASAP!!!

Sears was contacted to repair a washer and dryer purchased from them and under warranty. The earliest date given for a tech to come out was 2weeks away. When the date arrives, we waited the given time frame of 1pm-5pm. There was no phone call from Sears to indicate any change in the scheduled arrival of the technician. At approximately 5:10pm, we contacted Sears to inquire whether or not the technician would still be coming out. The service rep indicated that there was not a tech assigned and the appointment would need to be rescheduled.

Loooooong story short......we were told that the next available appointment would'nt be until another two weeks down the line.......SEARS...are you kidding .. where is your professsionalism, customer service, and courtesy!!! Not only did we not get our washer/dryer fixed, we waited for a service tech fors 4 hours, lost time off of work and the frustration of being on the phone with several reps from 5:10-8:00pm. Is this how you treat all of your loyal customers who have purchased all of their appliances from you over the last thirty years.

Once again Sears has ruined a surprise for my husband at Christmas, by mailing information with what i purchased right on the envelope!! My husband picks up the mail and saw then what i had purchased for him. I want $125 in compensation for the aggrevation and frustration you have caused me. This is the second time you have ruined a surprise because you feel you need to seel a warranty agreement, which we never will purchase. I want a call back from someone in management. I intend to visit the store also and tell them about my frustration also. You need to make this right with me!!

You have lost this loyal customer.................

After 15 years of owner a kenmore washer and dryer I felt it was time for an upgrade in Dec. 2013, Seleced set with open drum for more washer space and more load capacity. I have been very disappointed at the wash, my clothes has to be washed 2 or 3 time to get the proper cleaning. Just the other day, in order to get better cleaning of clothes. After loading the washer I full a bucket with water and pour over the clothes in washer so that everthing gets wet and then detergent and then turn it on. Less water in new machine to wash in a bunch of bull. Try to return it on Aug 2014 only wanted to give me 10 discount. After me and my ole man brought $4,000 worth of merchandise.

Mid january of 2015 our 3 year old fridge went on blink-called sears & they sent repairman-main coil was going-freezer inoperative-fridge holding at 48 degrees-part ordered & new date for service set for feb 06- THREE WEEKS-day before repair date sears called & said part not yet located-would take another week-on Feb 09 called and said part not available fridge has to be replaced-still under warranty-stated would give us $1,999.99 to replace it-we immediately went on line and due to counter depth and black (like our other appliance). The builder of house provided the sears appliances all "ELITE" AND although we had paper work, but not a bill we asked how they arrived at the amount to be replaced-no-one could or wouldn't provide their method.

We went on line & found that it was $2,695-but sears stated that they wouldn't honor another objective estimate. Sears only had six black fridges that approximately met the specs-24 cu.ft.and 27.25 depth, including door-my wife wanted a french door and thus we chose one that on sale for $2899- we agreed to pay the difference-delivery date 3-24-a 5 to 6 week time frame wi/out a fridge or a total of 9 weeks. I asked them to provide replacement for no cost or to provide a smaller fridge on loan basis until our new-one arrived- They would not do either. I told them we would buy a smaller cheaper fridge between 500 to 600 dollars if they would make an even exchange-the answer was no-we don't have authority to do this. These inquiries took hours.

I bought a snowblower at Sears used it one time and the gear lever broke returned it and wanted another one but they didn't have any in stock they were going to order me one but they said you can't order any because it's out of season it is January. when it snows and I don't understand why you don't have snow blowers I am very disappointed in Sears so now I'm with out a snowblower.

Sears was supposed to deliver a treadmill to my apartment on 11 Jan 2015. Because of a mixup in communication it never got delivered. So, at my request, they supposedly canceled my order the next day. I was initially told I would get my refund of more than a thousand dollars within 7-10 business days. When I emailed them and asked where my refund was that was amended to 10 to 14 business days. I don't know how many times I have been told they would submit an inquiry and get back to me within 3-5 business days. That ain't never happened. I have been given so many conflicting answers such as yes, we canceled your order; we haven't canceled your order; we can't cancel your order so you will have to go on line and cancel it yourself; we have canceled your order and your refund is being processed; your refund is being processed and you should get your refund NLT 2 Feb. I haven't seen one dime of that refund. I will never shop at Sears again -- not even for a pair of socks!

I am extremely disgusted with the repair and customer service we have received from Sears when our front loading washing machine broke down. When we purchased our home a few years ago, we purchased all of our stainless steel appliances from Sears. We purchased the double oven, stove top, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave , washer and dryer. We also purchased extended warranty for all appliances except for microwave and dishwasher.

We started having issues with our washer and dryer and refrigerator as well and Sears fixed it but this time when our washer started leaking, that's when our nightmare began. They kept sending technicians out but washer kept leaking so they decided to order a whole new drum which according to the technician cost more than a new washer. Which I don't understand why Sears would want to waste money that way but we didn't care as long as our washer is fixed. So Sears out sourced the repair to an outside company and they kept our washer for 3 WEEKS!!!! They kept saying that the wrong part was ordered (3 times) which kept them from Fixing our washer. Meanwhile we had to go to a laundry mat twice a week, each time it was costing us $20.

After the 3 weeks go by any many phone conversation, they brought our washer back. I told them I had an appointment near by and if they call before thy come by, I will run home and let them in. Well they never called me and when I got home, my washer was IN MY BACK YARD!!!!! Needless to say, I was very upset and called these people back and they came and put washer back in my house. They then proceeded to tell me that I cannot use the washer because the hose that came with the parts ordered does NOT fit my washer. We had to go back and forth with Sears again to get the correct hose, had to wait for another week so this has been 4 WEEKS with no washer. They scheduled for a Sears technician to come out between 8am-5pm, I waited all day until 5:30pm, no one showed up.

I had to leave on an errand and when I came back, there was a note on my door that he came at 6:02pm and we weren't home. If they had just called, we would have waited. So we had to wait another week for a other technician to come out , this is now 5 WEEKS we are without our washer. So technician finally came ame lo and behold, the part they ordered was they wrong part AGAIN!!! So technician was talking back and forth with Sears recommending that we get a new washer but they said NO! so we waited another week for new drum kit to come, this is 6 WEEKS without washer. Technician came did the repair a couple of days ago, tested and it appears to be fine. We did 1 load of laundry and so far so good, did 2nd load of laundry and water spwewed EVERYWHERE!!! We have video if y'all need to see it. So we are out of a washer AGAIN! I have never in my life seen such incompetence and lack of caring from any company in my life. We will NEVER and I Repeat NEVER buy anything from Sears ever again.

I think you people are a bunch of crooks who take our money for warranty but do not deliver the service that you promise. I will NEVER USE YOUR COMPANY AGAIN and I will make sure that everyone we come in contact with know about your incompetence. We were promised $100 a month from Sears to do our laundry at laundry mat but we have not seen 1 cent because you are also liars on top of being incompetent. We are suppose to have a repair person come to fix our washer AGAIN tomorrow but I am sure not holding my breath that they would show up much less do the job right or even have the right parts. Something needs to be done immediately or you people will be losing a lot of customers, I know you have lost our patronage for sure!!
I can be reached if you want to bother talking to us. WE ARE STILL NOT ABLE TO USE OUR WASHER GOING ON 7 weeks!!

Clothes come out of the dryer with dark black spots that won't come out. Had to hand wash and soak and still won't come out. Filed complaint with customer resolutions and was told to go to the Sears store for refund and return. Went to the store and they said I would have to do it by phone.

The next person I spoke with at customer resolutions was very nice and respectful and I thought we were almost done with a resolution when he put me on hold to get a price approved for the replacement and we were cut off. After waiting 45 min to see if he would call me back I called customer resolutions again. Brittany was rude and disrespectful and was no help at all. She said I had the wrong department when it was the same phone and ext I had previously called. She said that no one in the entire department could make an outgoing call even if they had been disconnected. She said they would loose all info and would just take another call. So I was out of luck because she couldn't help me.

I went back to the store and now they tell me a technician has to come out before they will do anything and I can't get an appointment until next week and I may still be stuck with this piece of junk. Sears today is not the Sears I have been loyal to for 40 years. Apparently they don't stand behind their products anymore and have forgotten what customer service means.

Particulars of a complaint to Sears over shoddy work, lies and the commission of possible fraud. Arrival of the Installers: We begin on the morning of 11/21/2014, a Friday. A tall, dark complected, ruddy faced man who makes no attempt to introduce himself shows up to install a stovetop and an oven purchased at Sears. He is alone. He asks to see the installation instructions, if any, we have already received. We provide them. After a brief period, Installer #1 says something like “Looks like your old oven is not the same size as the new one.” I wonder why, but I say, “Well, when will the new oven arrive?” He says his assistant is on the way. A brief period after that his assistant, Installer #2, a Mexican, drives up in a beat up truck. He has the new oven in the back, but he also offers no name. I wonder if his truck will leak oil on my new concrete driveway… I go back to the kitchen. As I enter, Installer #1 is breaking [not dismantling] the old lower oven door off by wrenching it back and forth until it literally falls off at the hinges.

The noise this makes is so loud my wife Cathy hears it all the way upstairs. There is no going back; I get the point. No one says much, but we all look more carefully at each other from this point on. I go out into the garden; Cathy flees back to the upstairs. Next, complicated things begin to happen. Installer #1, ruddy face, tells me the old oven electrical connection was on top, but the new one is on the bottom, so they have to extend the wiring, which will cost extra, something like $90.00. Also the new oven is too big to fit, so they have to enlarge two surfaces of the cabinet by making two saw cuts that cost $68.00 each. I complain about that expense for so little effort, but ruddy face insists Sears sets the prices. They are just independent installers.

They run into these problems all the time with Sear’s customers, implying Sears frequently sells stuff that doesn’t fit right. Gibberish about inches and dimensions are sprinkled randomly in but nothing seems to make much sense. Foolishly I take ruddy face at his word, because I know there is no going back. But I notice something important after they remove the old oven. The old wiring reaches all the way from the top to the bottom of the cabinet; so it’s obvious the electrical connection to the old oven was not at the top, but just like the new oven, at the bottom. I verify that by going out to the beat up truck to look at my old oven. Sure enough, the connection is at the bottom. They have lied to me. I immediately raise this issue with Installers #1and #2 who have followed me out to the truck. Now Installer #1 changes his story. The new problem is there was no junction box at the end of the old wiring connection so they had to add one. I say, “OK show me the packaging or wrapper for the junction box.”

They look at me long and hard, but show me nothing, because they apparently have nothing to show. Then Installer #1 says, “Are you accusing me of lying?” I say, “I asked to see the box or wrapping, remember?” Now the Mexican begins to jump in and we go round and round in the driveway, getting nowhere, and it’s two against one, so I say, prudently, “Go back in and complete the installation. We’ll settle this later.” When Installer #1 begins to saw the left and top sides of the cabinet with a reciprocating saw, I sit at the kitchen table to watch everything closely from then on. I notice the saw blade is either dull or too rough toothed, because ruddy face has to exert substantial force to hold the saw in position when he cuts upward instead of downward along the left side of the cabinet. I also notice the saw doesn’t cut straight and leaves a jagged edge all along both of the cuts. So, I tell both of them, “I want you to know I intend to file a complaint with the store manager about this entire incident, and you can both absolutely count on that. They say nothing, so I get up with my own tape measure and measure the height of the new oven where it must join or fit into the cabinetry. Then I measure the opening in the cabinetry.

There is the proof; the upper cut wasn’t necessary because there was 3/4th of an inch of clearance between the two. I tell them this, in nothing less than the most blunt and emphatic terms. They look at each other, questioningly, as if to suggest “What do we say now? Finally, the Mexican says, sort of apologetically, “I measured it twice.” They shrug but continue, and when they begin to insert the new oven into the cabinet, I see the long electrical line when they pull it out of the bottom of the new oven, to connect to the junction box at the end of the old electrical line which as I said reaches all the way to the bottom of the cabinet. It’s absolutely clear to me at this point that I’m being scammed. But there’s no going back unless I want to spend weeks, maybe months, in a kitchen without a stove or an oven.

So I say nothing. They huff and puff and finally get the new oven in. Then everybody sees the jagged edge of the saw cut above the oven, because the wood removal wasn’t necessary in the first place. I throw a fit all over again. But all ruddy face says is,”OK, we won’t charge you for that cut.” Since further communication on my part seems pointless, I sit there as they rush to complete the installation by pounding in shims to raise the oven to cover the damage ruddy face has agreed not to charge me for. I just want them out of my face, my kitchen, my house, my life. So I write a check for $148.00, and ask for a receipt, which ruddy face says I’ll get in an email online, but I never do, no matter how hard I try and how much I complain for over a month… It is only later that I remember the quality of their voices and remarks, which were oddly brief or abrupt, but convincing and decisive. Why? Because they were practiced, and confident. I suspect their game has been perfected over a long period of time, with many other Sears customers…

Have a refrigerator that is not working properly. Ice maker is not working and is making a noise like a machine gun. It is freezing food including my husbands INSULIN which he needs to take twice daily. We will have to make a 100 mile round trip to go get more insulin tomorrow. Sears says they can't get here till Feburary 9 th. What are we suppose to do with meds until then. We have snow here and can't put meds in that or it will freeze again. HELP please

I took my 2 vacumes in to get fixed before my warranty runs out. Found out the repair store i go to was closed and no longer there. So i ch ecked online and found a place to take it which ended up being the seatac mall.I go into the sears and they tell me they no longer fix small items, they send them thru UPS to TEXAS. So now im at the UPS store and it costs 49$ just to package 1 up and 97$ to send it plus the same amount to send it back...How is this saving anybody any money. They could of gave me 2 brand new vacumes for the price sears is paying to ship elsewhere...I will think twice before buying anything at sears and buying warrantys too..

We have had this refrigerator less than 18 months and we have had continual problems with the ice maker; the latest issue is that it is not dispensing ice; a service person was here today - he opened the door and looked at the ice maker and said that it needed to be replaced - replacement would be about $500; it is obvious that there are issues with this Kenmore model ice maker as we review ratings and customer complaints; we would like to discuss replacement of this ice maker with a new, improved model at no expense to us.

I ordered a pair of reebok men's sneakers bb4500, when the order was received at my home today,one sneaker still had the security plastic device hooked to the eyelit which I was unable to remove,so my wife had to make a special trip to the nearest Sears store to get them to remove it. I'm Not very pleased as I think whoever packed the order didn't know the inconvenience that their error caused a loyal Sears customer who is disabled. I Will no longer do any future business with Sears mail order. I will let others who want to order from you to be careful, hopefully they won't have any problems such as I encountered.

Received a new Seike 50# television damaged. When I was contacted about the service and delivery I was told via computer voice I would be contacted the next working day. 2 weeks later I am still waiting. Due to health reasons I have to go to kidney dyalsis I am not at home but my wife is and she has not received a call. I purchased the television by phone as I do not or cannot get around well. I am disabled and am recovering from having been hospitalized for over a year and am not able to get around. In good faith and a loyal Sears (or was) customer I used my phone. That's when my troubles began. I was promised everything and not one thing was done that your sales associate told me.
I will not recommend Sears anymore to anyone and I will be sure to tell them why. You can tell me all the reasons why you are closing stores but I can guarantee the main reason for your lack of sales is poor service. Customer service is the # 1 reason I came to you. Sorry your competition will now get all my purchases. Thank you for listening. Also some results would be nice.

Seeing this is the same problem, kenmore stoves had in 2009 ,this seems like sear/kenwood has still not fix the PROBLEM. When my wife was baking dinner ,she hadn,t relized , that the broiler element was on until the smoke detecters alerted her.The complete dinner was ruin!We then discovered the broiler element comes on when you select bake . the elemen stays red HOT! WE shouldnot have to pay for a known problem of your Kemore range.THE cost to us was around 250 dollers. ABSURD!!!! The repair man was prompt But hesitant to say the control board had burnt or shorted out. I saw the burnt part after checking it ,when being given it to be disposed of.The control panel had been wraped to conceal the problem.

Bought a snow blower on Dec.7 2013, and phoned in on March 10 of 2014 since it was just over 90 days I could not get my money back due to store policy. The snow blower drive broke while I was taking it into my garage, I had no drive train so it would not move so I pushed it. I phoned as soon as possible and I was told a service man would come out to fix it on March 17 2014 then they changed it to March 18 2014. I told the person I would be home after 3:00. Luckily my girlfriend was home when they called at 8:30 am and they seemed surprised that someone answered, the guy who phoned said he would be right over. When he got here he was not a repairman but a pick up service and said he would not be able to load it by himself so luckily my brother was available to help, why should my brother have to help and they were also suppose to fix it at my house like I was told.

I could have delivered it to them and saved me all the waiting time. I have asked for someone from management to call me from the Thunder Bay store but to no avail. I can’t get my money back, I have no idea when my snow blower will be fixed, and with this incompetence I have no idea if it will be fixed properly. I am not happy, all I want is my money back please and just let me walk away from this nightmare. The salescheck # is 01418 171 4515 and the delivery date was Dec. 13, 2013. A man at a 1 800 number said if I had reported it sooner I could have got my money back I said who would have thought I would be treated like this by Sears. Please help me out.

To whom this makes it to at Sears. My wife had been talking about the fitted car mats so much I had to order them even though we could not afford them. Because it would be the only gift” why not.” I reluctantly placed this order for a birthday gift for my wife on 2/12/14; I had a very competent customer service rep that informed me that this order would get to me in time for my wife’s birthday which was on 3/3/14. After that conversation things went downhill. I had the most difficult time getting answers after I received an email stating that I would be sent another email within a few days with the date to pick up the package at Sears.

I waited and waited for the follow up email to come (no email) before I called your customer service department and got the run around regarding the wrong tracking number. I called back a week later and was told that an inquiry could be done to rectify the missing order. By this time her birthday had passed. I eventually received the order much too late for the surprise birthday gift I wanted to give my wife. Before all of this occurred I had completed a survey giving Sears thumbs up in all of the areas that were asked on the survey. I only wish I could have been sent the survey now so I could say how I really feel.

I purchased HVAC through Sears on 1-13-14 it was installed on 02-25-14. When they came to install the HVAC is not the one we purchase. Sears decided to change to “higher efficiency” without our decision. They did not even bother to call us. According to them the original purchase was no longer available or discontinued. So Sears decided to changed it! I told Sears to come and remove it . The HVAC manager said no, and he is asking me why I did not like the system. I told him I did not like it because that is not the one I bought. Since this is the one you choose you can have it. you made your own decision without our approval. Sears said they can re-write my contract, I told them not that easy. This HVAC was not presented to us, and need to be remove.

As you have in your email below – You (as a company) made the mistake in pricing so I believe you should stand behind what you sold the bedspread to me for. If I had gone to your store and purchase it then how would you take it back? The bedspread online purchase is the same as going into your store. You took my money thus the bedspread is mine. I am still hoping that you will do the right thing, instead of me making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and using any other online sites that takes complaints on businesses. I will tell my story of how Sears advertises things at a certain price and then they refuse to send the item that you have purchased. If you are going to treat good customers this way it is no wonder that Sears is in trouble and struggling to stay in business. Please do the right thing and sent my order#644619990.

I have no product complaint. I own several products I bought from Sears, a water softner, reverse-osmosis water filter, washer dryer set, and a Kenmore stove. I am currently experiencing what I think is a minor problem with my stove. I have called about 15 numbers trying to speak with a live human being. All I get are computer generated options, none of which address my problem. I did speak with one lady who connected me with another department, again only options that were unrelated. The lady did give me two numbers to try if I should get disconnected. One was only for water related products, and the other was again a list of options. Though I like my products, I may have to start going with companies that are actually have live people available. My frustration level is so high right now and I have wasted so much time that I don’t think product loyalty is going to keep me as a return customer. This matter could have been resolved in less than 5 minutes if I could have spoken with a real live person employed in the department (stoves) of my concern.

Three times I traveled to Sears. Monday in Warwick RI where I charged a microwave. When I went to the Merchandiise pickup they said they were out of order for that one.. Went back to the store to return the receipt from my charge. Tuesday went to Emerald Mall in Ma. bought one came home opened the box and found the corner dented. Called Sears in Warwick today and they said the new model( because the one I had was a discontinued model) is in stock for the same price. I asked the clerk to check and see if all was exactly the same and she said yes. I wanted 1.2 capacity with 1200 watts.. I went the third time 30 miles now it was 90 miles and still not what was what was suppose to be. The cleck said when I called her back to tell her it was 1100 watts 100 watts isn’t that much to make a fuss over. It isn’t up to her to tell me to be satisfied with 100 watts less. She should give the exact information. I am 83 yrs old very tired and miiserable with what I have to go through by myself.
Also yesterday three quarter of the floor the micro’s were on they wasn’t one person to ask where to go.

I purchased an electric range about 7 years ago. The stove malfunctioned. I called Sears and asked about repair. They scheduled me three weeks out, the earliest available appointment time. The technician arrives and diagnosed the problem and told me he need to order 2 parts which should remedy the problem. I was to call them when the parts arrived to schedule an appointment to install that part. The parts took 3 more weeks to arrive. I called and was given an repair appointment time. The repair person arrived . The parts was installed and I was told that that should resolved the problem. Within 2 days the stove was back malfunctioning as though never fixed. I called Sears to tell them that the stove had the same problem as before the repair. They rescheduled a repair appointment for today between the hours of 8am to 12noon. It is now 1:36 PM and no one has arrived. I call repair center . They tell me” He got hung up and will be along some time. I am furious that Sears take my time for granted. I call the national complaint officee and was disconnected just as I was explaining my complaint. So I am so upset that I am now writing the complaint. What I was hoping to get was someone to assure me that the repair person would be hear soon. Or offer a solution. Everyone, seem unconcerned about my inconvenience. I would be hard pressed to every purchase a large item from Sears again because they are unreliable and do not hold up their end of the Agreement . They sold me a service repair warranty and do not do what they say they are going to do. What kind of company is this that does not stand behind their word. All they want to do is sell you a product that will break down then countless repair for the some problem. I will tell all of my family and friends about this experience. Sears is no longer a company to do purchases from.

New system installed and washer not working properly when your installers delivered them. Waited 8 days for delivery then said it would be 2 weeks before someone would come to see why it didn’t work properly. It never worked and u tried to report it within 4 hours of installation. I do not think this is exceptable

filed a complaint earlier about my LG washer that was delivered damaged no one got back to me someone called today and offered me $200 credit i told them i would check with my wife and they never called back i also mentioned that the dryer door opens the wrong way could someone please call me follow through and make this right i am very disappointed with this whole experience from sears.

Our refrigerator, Kenmore Elite, stopped working on March 24. A Sears tech came out on March 26 ordered a new part, and scheduled a new appointment for April 2. On April 1 we found out the part would not arrive in time for installation today and rescheduled for Thursday the 4th.

Today we found out the part hasn’t shipped and the parts section doesn’t know when it will. We upgraded? Our entire kitchen to Kenmore Elite appliances and have had issues with all of them. By the time this is fixed we will be without a refrigerator over two weeks. I think you owe us a new refrigerator.

In October 2012, I purchased a new dishwasher from Sears and paid Sears for delivery and installation.

During installation, the Sears installer damaged my new kitchen floor with two ragged gouges caused while pushing the dishwasher into the cabinet space.

I now find out that Sears will not be responsible for the damages. They want me to get the Sears Installer’s insurance company to pay for damages. They also suggested to use my homeowners insurance.

Hopefully my problems caused by Sears will help other consumers in the future on their decisions on buying new appliances.

We had to return a gas range after having it only one year under the lemon law. When we went to purchase another range we were finally referred to your Gilbert store because we were told by a Mr. Mark Maxwell this was the store to see high end ranges. Mr. Maxwell was our only pleasant experience, so helpful, knowledgeable and certainly an asset to Sears.

When we traveled to Gilbert the only range to see was the exact duplicate of the range we had trouble with for over 1 year, obviously we did not want to purchase it again. We finally decided to upgrade and purchase a range that was over $500.00 more than the credit from our first purchase. I had been sent a coupon for a refund of $100.00 for anyting over, I believe, a $1,000.00 purchase (I actually think we qualified since that money was simply applied from our first purcase). However, I was told we could not receive this credit, not sure why. I then inquired why we did not receive the $50.00 credit since we had just spent over $500.00 at this store. No answer was given and no credit as well.

I am sure you will be able to tell that we have spent quite a bit at Sears and do not appreciate the attitude of the saleswomen or the lack of assistance to aid in replacing this lemon! We lost time from work, we lost the range over the holidays and it was a problem we should not have incurred given our investment to avoid this very scenario.

I had an Air Condition installation done last year by a Sears contractor and on 22 December 2012 my A/C suddenly stopped working and I eventually had to call a local A/C repair company who came to the house that Saturday evening and founded the problem to be burned power and UV lights wires and this caused me to loose A/C heat for most of the day and the early lose on one of my UV lights. The technician cut the burned wires and reconnected new power wires connections and I had heat again on that Christmas weekend.

I paid $198.00 and I have requested a reimbursement and replacements of the UV lights and this request was made to the manager that assigned the contactor the job. I have contacted Mr.Dario Escobar, Heating & Air Condition 210-946-6555 ext 45257 on numerous times and sent documentation and the only response I received was a Sears technician who reconnected the UV lights wired to power wires. Mr. Escobar said that he need to talk with his supervisor.and this has been going for over two weeks.

I have had so many bad experiences with Sears that I dont even know where to begin to be honest! But lets just begin with this past year shall we. I booked a honeymoon and wedding in Cancun, Mexico using my Sears card. I immediately paid the balance off when I got the bill….just as i always do. Then my Card starts getting declined because they think my identity has been stolen. I called Sears customer service and was told they put a HOLD on my card because I changed my address and had made the big purchase. I said well dont you think if my card was stolen I wouldnt have paid for that “Big” purchase?? I said, “I need to have that “hold” lifted because I want to be able to use my card in Cancun so that I can earn more reward points.

The lady assured me that the “hold” had been lifted and it wouldnt be an issue when I left the country. I get to cancun after having the discussion and tried to make my first purchase but guess what…..my card was blocked!! So needless to say i was furious and this experience just added to a already stressful event. I had to use a different credit card and lost out on MANY points! So i get back to the states and called them about the issue and all i get is a sorry. Fast forward a few months and I finally get enough points to my reward balance that I can submit for the Sears Gift Card for $750.00.

I used this card to purchase a power wheels vehicle for my son and still had a remaining balance of ~435.00. I didnt have an issue with that order going thru however when I went to use the remaining balance I had difficutlties with the website. The website kept freezing up, then it kept changing the language to spanish and it took me  to get the order to go thru. I ordered a Camcorder, memory card, Ipod and a CD. I was happy that the order finally went thru because I really needed this camera to get here in time to record a Conference we are holding. Keep in mind I used my Gift card to pay for this and put the remaining balance of $120 on my paypal account. Well, this morning I get a call that my order has “issues” and I needed to call them. Here we go again.

So they proceeded to tell me that my address was unconfirmed in paypal and that my order will be canceled unless paypal confirms it. I said that can not be because I have used paypal for years and I just ordered every single christmas present through paypal and they shipped to me so how all of a sudden it is unconfirmed? She couldnt answer that question. We got disconnected. I call back and I get someone else. He then tells me a different story. He tells me that the items were out of stock and thats why the order was cancelled. He said yes. I said how does that happen?

Why wasnt all of those items marks out of stock on the website? He tried to explain however I do not believe that every item is out of stock. Whats the chances? I said well how do I get my money back on the gift card then because I really need to order a camera now in order for it to be here in time for the conference. He said well it will be mailed to you can you will be getting it in 7-10 days. I explained that was not going to work out and I didnt know why they wouldnt just let me pick out a different camera.

His solution was to give me 10% off my next purchase. Well Thanks for that 10% for all of my trouble. Overall Sears is a horrible company to deal with and I am going to be cancelling my card and will not purchase from sears anymore. I have had a Sears card for probably 8 years but these past 2 years the company has really gone down hill. I have talked to many customer service reps about this issue and nothing has changed. After filling this complaint, I will give Sears 2 weeks to come up with a solution and then I am taking it to the BBB. Im just wondering if i will even receive my Gift Card back with the balance on it at this point.

Back about 3 weeks ago I called Sears about a repair on my snow blower. They came the next day. When I spoke sith an associate the day before he told me there would not be a service charge to come out unless it needed a new part. They had to remove a piece of metal but no part was needed. My husband was charged $221.00 for approximately 15 minutes of work. This was a rep off. First I am told there would not be a charge, then to charge that much? I wish I could work for SEARS and get paid that much. I have done alot of business with them through the yeats but never again. I placed a complaint bith them was told I would get a call back. To this date nothing.

In September of 2012 I purchased a queen County Living Bedspread (Melissa 56958) I was told at the time that this was a new product and the Queen Shams would be in later – I have checked back repeatedly and NO shams in size Queen.

On line you can purchase shams in a standard size 20 X 26 – AGAIN this is not a queen size it is a double bed or standard size.

I think this was false advertising and I cannot get anyone to help me contact the contry living embroderied bedspread to find out where in the US I might purchase the queen shams. I have had this bedspread since September – had I known there NEVER would be Queen Shams available I would not have purchased the bedspread. To make matters worse, I twisted my sister’s arm (Beverly Atkins in San Luis Obispo, Ca) to do the same and now she and I are in the same boat. We get transferred to departs (parts department) put on hold until the line goes dead. It is virtually a dead end.

I purchased a Kitchenaid dishwasher in Aug/2012 , had to call service within a month or so as upon starting the washing cycle excessive banging & clanging was going on . The service man checked to confirm the installation was correct but noise continued & he said I would have to live with it but it will work fine .I put the washer on a few days ago & heard water running downstairs . upon going downstairs water was running from the dishwasher . I turned the water supply off to the dishwasher & next day called repair & service . Dishwasher works fine , installation in question . Not happy with having to wait 10 days to have someone tell me it’s not working . I have purchased ALL my household appliances from Sears over the last 25 years & to be told that I have to wait 10 days for POOR customer service is not acceptable & will never purchase ANYTHING from Sears again . All that can top this off now is to be told it will cost me money to fix now . I purchased a new one not to have issues . Not a Happy customer & Carol @ South Edmonton common should retire or take a refresher course in customer service . Regards , KEN TLUCHAK

I have had problems with both my washer and dryer…They were purchased in Feb 2012. I have called Sears about 20 times and can’t get anywhere. I have had about 3 apts and no one shows up from A&E. Around the first of December a guy came out informed me that the dryer needed a new control board and the washer is knocking and making noise because its not level. I called from day one of installation about washer not being level but sears service advised me its my problem. I finally got in touch with a manage and she said its sears responsibility to level the washer and she would send someone out to take care of it and of course today they guy called and when I answer phone he hung up and then I cal;led back and he hung up again. I called 2 additional times and he sent me to voice mail. He called sears immediately and said he could not get in the gate. My husband was leaving home at the exact time and the gate was open. Our gate to our community opens at 7 am- 5 pm so the guy just used that for an excuse not to work AND IF the gate had been closed all he had to do is to scroll to my name and the gate would let him in. I have been through complete hell since I purchased this Samsung washer and dryer. For a control board to go out only after 7 months and all the problems with my washer. I would like for these to be replaced!!!!!;
please call me at 205-296-2600

On July 2012, I purchased a Kenmore upright freezer from a Sears store located in Queens Village, NY, store #0005133, which was placed on back order and scheduled for pick-up from the store on August 18, 2012. The Kenmore freezer was pick-up from the store September 10. 2012 and soon-after, September 24, 2012, the freezer stopped working. Called the store and request information on how to return the item and was informed that I had to make an appointment for a Sears repair technician to examine the freezer to make a determination if it was a manufacturer failure prior to the store granting me a refund.

The repair technician examined and determined on September 28, 2012 that the freezer stopped working due to manufacturer failure. I returned the freezer to the Queens Village store, #0005133, on September 29, 2012.

Customer service representative and the store manager informed me that I will not be given a refund and I only had two options which were to either exchange the item for another item or take a store credit—store manager stressed that he is not supposed to issue a store credit to customer and I should be happy. The store manager said that my purchase had exceeded the 30 day return policy period and the 30 day clock started from August 18, 2012—the day the item was available for pick up at the store. I explained that I picked up the item September 10, 2012, and the item stopped working after it was picked up from the store.

The customer service representative working at the store was extremely rude and uncooperative. Having requested for the store manager, he refused to issue me a refund and repeatedly stated I had exceeded the 30 day return policy period. Sears appliance return policy online notes that appliances may be returned for a full refund within 30 days for gas powered appliances, and within 90 days for general electric appliance.

Having reviewed this return policy online, I am confused as to why this particular store manager is misguiding customers by providing incorrect information and not complying with Sear’s appliance return policy. The Kenmore upright freezer that I purchased was an electric appliance, and, according the Sears’ return policy, I was within the 90 day return period. The customer service representative and the store manager—working September 29, 2012–refused to provide me with their employee ID numbers to make a complaint, and the store manager explained that I forfeited my right to file a complaint once I accepted the store credit.

He explained that if I accepted the store credit, then I was consenting to agree to Sear’s return terms, at which point I had not option to make a complaint. After having gone back and forth with the store manager for close to an hour, the store manager finally scanned my sales receipt and noticed that the freezer was indeed picked up on September 10, 2012. I ask Sears Corporate Office why this process could not have been followed by customer service representative when I first arrived to the store which would have avoided all the confusion and provided me with the assistance I truly needing. The store manager finally gave me the credit I was entitled to receive, but not without unnecessary aggravation and additionally inconvenience to an otherwise frustrating experience.

This whole situation has been extremely upsetting and this is why I write this letter. No one should be treated like this, especially when they are within the return policy period. Please note that having experienced this, customer service representatives working at this Sears location either do not understand Sear’s return policy or are intentionally not providing customers with incorrect information and are acting upon incorrect information.

More so, customer service representatives should not be allowed to mistreat customers that buy an appliance in good faith. Customers expect compassion and understanding for the great inconvenience they experience when the appliance break down, such as with manufacturer failure which was what happened to me. Additionally, I took a day-off work for the maintenance call, incurred expenses resulting from food spoilage, and was humiliated and embarrassed in the store, then provided with incorrect information on Sears return policy. I write this letter to notify Sears that customer service representatives and store managers need to understand the stores return policy and need to treat customer with courtesy and respect when assistance is needed.

Customers anticipate problems will occur; however, we do not expect customer service representatives to embarrass and humiliate us and provide us with incorrect information, then refuse to offer assistance to remedy the situation. This lack of good customer service assistance only further serves to inconvenience customers. I request for Sears Corporate Office to look into this matter and to established procedures so no other customer is subjected to what I recently experienced.

I ordered nearly $3,000 worth of merchandise (a Husqvarna yard tractor and a Craftsman rear tine tiller) on April 2nd from Sears with a delivery date of April 11th. I took off work to be home to get my merchandise on the 11th. To help move things along, I called and gave the customer care people the best # to reach me in case they needed directions to my home and the lady put me on hold so she could give it to the driver who was to deliver my items. She then told me I was #6 on their delivery list and that they were currently on #5 – I was next in line! I was so happy! Finally I was getting my wonderful new mower and tiller! So I anxiously await the delivery truck to come down our road. A few minutes later, the delivery guy from Excel calls asking for directions. I gave him detailed directions and I told him I had taken off work and was anxious to get it so that I could mow my now knee-high grass. He asked how far from Highway 380 and 75 he was, and I told him he should be at my home in 30 to 45 minutes.

An hour goes by and so I call to find out where on earth the delivery truck is. Imagine my surprise when I was told there was no delivery scheduled for April 11th, that my mower and tiller was not to be delivered until April 14th. I told the lady that I had taken off work specifically to get my items which had been scheduled for the 11th for nearly 2 weeks! So she reads the notes and comes back on the phone and says the delivery person wasn’t able to come to Bonham and so they rescheduled my delivery. No phone call to me asking if that is okay, no apologies, no nothing!

Let me just be blunt here for a moment – Sears has the worst customer service in the world. Nobody at their company cared that I had taken off time from work to wait on my mower, nobody cared that I needed that mower immediately to mow my yard, nobody cared that I spent quite a bit of money on gas to get to my home. They simply did not care.

I then got online and started looking to see if I can find someone who can deliver me the same mower immediately so that I could cancel the order. I found on the Sears website that they are now offering a free cart with a lawn mower purchase of over $1,299 which mine most definitely was. So I called customer care and they told me they could not give it to me, even though I lost a day of work and tons of gas in going to my house waiting on your delivery truck which never came. If Sears now offers a promotion that I qualify for, and my mower has not yet been delivered, I should be entitled to receive it. I do not understand how they can expect to screw customers over like this and then not honor promotions that you have going on. It was through Sears’ own negligence that I did not get my mower and tiller, so I should be entitled to this cart.

So if you order from Sears, just know that you cannot trust anything they say. If they will treat a customer who spends $3,000 on merchandise like this, they will treat customers who spend less even worse. Do yourself a favor and buy your merchandise from a local merchant. A local merchant will appreciate you and will do anything in their power to keep you as a good customer. Sears is just too big for its own good. Nobody there cares about you because if they lose you as a customer, they have so many others that they just don’t care if they lose you.

Sears Hardware and Appliances – Franklin Farm, Herndon Va.
This store has some the most unprofessional people you will ever meet. I walked in and there were 5 guys gathered around front “Key” machine, laughing and just cutting up. You could tell my their attitude they could care less about their customers. I came in for an item – which was on sale, of course they did not have the sale flyer from the morning paper and were totally unaware of the sale . . . these guys also knew nothing about the product and were really just a bunch of “Punks” wasting time – fairly belligerent and didn’t want to be bothered. After the item rang up at full price – The guy at the register told me to pick up the item from the check out area and bring it back to where I found it so he could check the price. After going to places like Home Depot and Lowes you can understand why Sears has gone downhill. They hire all idiots that Home Depot and Lowes wouldn’t take. (LOL)

Had problem with washer making lots of noise. Called sears,tech comes orders tons of parts, when parts come in puts in only to fry the mother board. Was supposed to come next day doesn’t show up, when I call to find out I get a very rude technician on phone named ‘jen’ finally make an appt. with her. Called a day before to confirm the appt Only to be told there isn’t any appt. When I get mad at them and ask to speak to the supervisor ; the supervisor confirms I have an appt for next day. Later in the evening get an automated call fom sears asking to call to change the appt. when I call again there is no record of the appt. and I have to make a new one which is a couple of days later. I was on the phone for an hour with no result, now the supervisor is supposed to call and so far hasn’t. To think I just renewed the sears protection plan for all my appliances. I would sincerely recommend not to get it. Worst service ever and to top it rude customer service which gives you an headache.

We ordered a dishwasher for our tenants from the Sears and later Kmart website 5 times and it still hasn’t been fullfilled! The first time our ordered was cancelled by the Sears fraud department because we used our Sears card and they assumed it wasn’t us because we haven’t bought anything in about a year. The second and third time the dishwasher we ordered was out of stock.

The forth time the online sales agent didn’t order it at all – because most of Sears/Kmart online business is outsourced and it’s hard to understand the agents let alone that they understand us. Don’t get me wrong I’m not against foreigners – I’m a foreigner myself – but I have been asked over the phone to spell every single word including my house number!!! by one of their agents in India. We were NEVER notified by Sears or Kmart that anything was wrong with our order – no emails or calls.

We only found out that something was wrong when the dishwasher wasn’t delivered. When we asked why nobody from Sears ever send us an email we received rude comments from their agents that we didn’t check our junk mail and that the emails informing out have been sent out. We even asked them to double check the email address they have on file and only found out when we placed the last order that our email address was miss spelled in their computer.

The fifth and last time we placed the order we finally received a confirmation email telling us that the ordered would be fullfilled by March 13. Today !! I receive an email from our tenants that the dishwasher still hasn’t been delivered. As I check my email account – there is no notification and on the Kmart/Sears website there is not even anything listed about my order.

No information to us and no info of why our order hasn’t been fulfilled or cancelled. We are so frustrated right now that we will CANCEL our Sears card and will NEVER order from Kmart or Sears again!!! We will go ahead and order the dishwasher from a different store now. This has been the worse customer experience with a store we have ever had.

We have bought all of our appliances from Sears in the past and have been a loyal customer for over 10 years! With this experience Sears and Kmart have not only lost a loyal customer – I can assure you this. We will also send a report to the BBB and post a review on other websites. In times like this you don’t have to wonder why companies like Sears and Kmart are going under, right?!

Luckily there are other companies out there who really honor customers and not drive them away and luckily for us there are plenty of other stores we can chose from.

I have made big appliance purchases at sears before and been happy so im very familiar with you’re price match up policy on 3/2/12 i called customer support to ask a question about youre policy…. this to be specific (If you find a lower online price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features (in Consumer Electronics identical brand and model number) currently available from a local competitor’s retail store honoring its own online price.

And the item is currently available for sale and delivery in your area, Sears will match that total price, Plus give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form.)…..so since my price match was from lowes.com and it said free delivery the agent (15272) agreed and said yes i qualify but i had to purchase today ….

I agreed since it was a great deal( so i thought) at first he had some issues on his side looking at the website but finally got in when he said i qualify for price match up and free delivery and setup i actually changed from the white stove to stainless steel which is more because you guys gave me such a good deal!!!!!!!!!!!!! he gave me a price match up ref # which is 19074 was very persistent i write that num down …. we were on the phone for a long time to get all the numbers correct!!!! even had to make a third party call for payment ….

he inform me he couldn’t make a price change so what would happen is he would charge the full amount ( regular price plus delivery) then i also added warranty and removal then go right back and credit my card the difference (167.09) which would take 3 to 5 days i agreed didn’t see a problem with that…..well after checking the order status i see were he deducted 69.99 for delivery (which he had to get that from somewhere…. hint lowes.com because you guys don’t do free delivery unless purchased with sears card) but saw the regular price …at first didnt think nothing of it since i thought it would be credited on the card but then i had doubts so i contact customer service by chat …

she informed me i didn’t qualify and the ref # he game was invalid i didn’t have a lowes near me (7.1 miles away from home)…i explain her the situation and all she could offer me was 5% for inconvenience well im not very happy with that because that was not what i agreed with when i purchased the stove nor was she really listening to what i was saying she kept telling me to call in and speak to a manager …the only reason i used sears cause i know about the extra 10% if not i could o went to wal mart where they have the stove as well and they would of price matched and deliver a lot sooner ( spoke to manager so i knew they would do it) instead i went with you guys …

i didn’t mind a later delivery cause of the price but now i have OVER paid have to go by my own gas hose cause you guys didn’t have it and wait a week for the stove!! non the less i didn’t receive the the great customer service i usually get from sears!!! so after chatting with rep i called in like the cat rep told me to do and this rep was very nice after some looking into saw were the stove IS available and doesn’t understand what happened ….she said she sent the case to a higher level will see what happens but right now i feel trapped and played for a fool!!!

feel like the first rep was just saying yes yes yes to everything and just charged what he wanted!!!! i cant cancel the order because you wont refund the warranty so i guess lesson learn and im going to never trust and make a purchase from sears which i normally use a lot being military its one of the stores that is always around!!!!!! In ending i am not happy with this whole transaction and definitely not happy with rep 15272 I hope he is not allowed to con another customer!!!!! i have NEVER experience this!!!! especially after proving i was correct!!!

Even the last rep saw it! I have all the number and print out add from lowes which expire tomorrow and instead of helping me and investigating because obviously something happened you guys offer 5%!! (off your price) Very disappointing

Denise Flores

We ordered a Sole elipitcal from Sears and we were called and told we could pick it up on Friday. We arrived and submitted our receipt. After waiting about 25 mins., a representative came out and told us they could not find our order. After being ignored for another 15 to 20 mins. it was determined to not have been delivered. After many other attempts to satify us, they went to work on reordering the product. No one appeared to have a clue as to how to go about this. They tried on different computers and 2 different managers and a salesman.

After another several attempts to reorder without success, they drug us around ro the front of the store and tried to do it again. At this point they decided we needed to bring in our Sears credit card. It had not arrived in the mail yet. They said to just “swing by and present it.” We live about 50 miles away. After punching in more numbers and calling for more help, a Sole eliptical that was around $1500.00 was now showing over $2200.00. That was the last straw. At this point and 1 hour and 35 minutes later, we cancelled the order. Unbelieveable.

This is the Sears store in South County Mall, St.Louis, Mo.

-The first situation is receiving a very important appliance. I purchased more than $10,000 worth of appliances from Sears in October 2011. At first, the Sears sales associate “forgot” to order a blower than goes with my vent/downdraft for my kitchen. Finally, after weeks of calling about the blower a manager ordered the item in November 2011. However, it is February and the blower has still not been delivered. They are now saying it is going to be March 2012. I cannot wait that long and I want to return the item. I had to order the item on the side which was another nearly $600.00 The store where it was purchased was suppose to return the blower and call me.

Again, I have been waiting and no one has called!!! The appliances were electrolux. I would NEVER allow SEARS to represent my company!!! -My other complaint is returning a part. After ordering all of my appliances I needed a trim kit for my microwave. The sales associate was suppose to give me the appropriate model number to place the order from home. After ordering and receiving the item it was the wrong color. My appliances are stainless and the trim kit was white. I simply need to return the white trim kit. I went ahead and ordered the correct color after weeks of calling and trying to get the appropriate numbers.

However, I have been trying to get a return receipt emailed to me for one month and can’t get them to email it. They say they are going to, but never do. After speaking with sears five times and several weeks and trying two email addresses…still NO receipt. I even took the trim kit to the store and the manager there called and spoke with the online sales people. They said to sit the appliance out and within three days UPS will pick it up. It has been six days and still no UPS pickup. I have left the tappliance on my porch day and night. So they cannot say it was no there!

The microwave is frigidaire. Once again, I would NEVER allow SEARS to represent my appliances! -On a final note, the double oven I purchased are not heating and the face lights are burnt out. The repair associate is “suppose” to come here on Wednesday. Again, these are ELECTROLUX!!!

The Sears autocenter #6220 at Eastland mall in 2765 S Hamilton Rd., Columbus OH scheduled my truck for repair. The schedule was for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. After waiting for two hours, the shop manager told me that a technician had gone home and that they did not know when my car would be finished. I had the option to wait without an estimate of when the car would be repaired or take my car out of the shop. I was also given the option to purchase the part received from NAPA if I wanted to have someone else do the repair.

My 1995 Ford F150 needs the starter motor replaced. This is a very short duration and uncomplicated R&R procedure. I will go elsewhere. This is not the first time that the Sears autocenter here and other stores have disappointed me. I do not expect to ever again ask any Sears to perform any autorepair.

I am very disappointed with Sears. I want compensation for my time and travel. I came to this Sears from the Candlewood hotel in Gahanna and spent two hours waiting.

After saving for a year and a half after my husband passed away I was able to pay to have my homes HVAC unit replaced BY SEARS. So I hired an installer to purchase and install this for me. Exactly 2 months after this $4800.00 purchase and install the unit began leaking freon on a regular basis having to refill it every couple months. The installer was very helpful for a while refilling it for free while telling me that if I went to any other source for repairs he would cut me off. Well finally he wrote me a letter stating that the unit was a lemon, Heil Comfortmaker 3 ton unit IS A LEMON. Well my son has been trying to help me contacting Heil Corporation, who is very rude and blames everything on SEARS, we cant get anyone on the phone at Heil at all.

So, when we contacted the Sears corporate office the man on the phone told us he would wave an inspection fee of $69.00 for us as a courtesy. So, we paid $4800.00 for this unit, and have now replaced a couple relays that cost over $100 a pop, freon refills now cost $250.00 every other month and we have had to replace 2 thermostats in the past month. And they want to help us out with $69.00 on something that should have never happened, SELLING A DEFECTIVE UNIT. So I asked to speak to someone in the Presidents office, and that GUY tells me I am waisting my time cause he will just send me back to him everytime. How unprofessional is this? So is there anyone out there that can help???

Is there anything that can be done?? Before I get the BBB involved or FTC, or surrounding News Investigators involved, or post hundreds of youtube videos around about this poor customer service, is there anyone that can help, or anything that we can do to get something done about this.

Hello. My name is Al and I live in Florence, KY. My mother recently bought a Kenmore Refrigerator online and had the address to be shipped incorrect. When we called to change the address on the shipping information they kept us on hold for 23 minutes then transferred us to someone they said could help. After being on hold with this person for several more minutes we were told that they could not change the address for the shipping. I thought this was ridiculous. We had to cancel the order and redo it. My mother got fed up and decided not to purchase the Refrigerator from Sears anymore.

I just did not understand why they could not change the address because the person(s) we spoke to were barely understandable. I understand that this is not your fault but all I wanted was a result that could benefit the both of us and instead I got nothing.

2 years into a top of the line Sears elite Washer, $1699.00 and it is junk, the repair agreement covers $500., it costs $664.00 to repair so they offered us a voucher for $500 to buy a new one! Like I would want anything again from Sears, this is so outrageous that it is near fraud! Why and How can a computer go out on a washer that is 2 years old, there are only 2 of us in the house. Our laundry needs are maybe 2x a week! My husband is appalled at the cost and the lack of standing behind their top end appliances! Never buy Sears, you are only asking for problems.

Dear Sears, I will never do anything through you guys again! Your business is crap. When something is suppose to be covered under warranty or if something is screwed up on your end, it takes you forever to get out and fix things and then you charge out the butt. Any loop pole you take in the warranty, you take it.On another note, everyone’s time is valuable and when you don’t show up during the time you are suppose to, you call. I shouldn’t have to call you to find out “why you never showed up, and you should NEVER tell someone that you just didn’t fee like making it out there today.”

I would rather pay someone else DOUBLE than deal with your company. Everyone I dealt with was extremely rude and unprofessional! I will be spreading the word all over to NEVER do anything affiliated with you again. I truly hope you go out of business or learn some proper service!

I purchased 4 Gladiator 30″ storage cabinets on line from sears and they delivered them to the store. The people at the pickup location were outstanding. I went into the store to buy track to hang them and I couldn’t find anyone to help me. This is the second complaint this year about not getting help. Lastly, the store had the same cabinet on sale for $ 20.00 cheaper than I had just purchased them for. I emailed the Sears site where I bought them and I have never received a response. My order and confirmation number is 280234986 and the barcode number is 093001389363.

Sears advertises the lowest price and I want $ 80.00 refunded to my credit card, $ 20.00 for each of the four cabinets. Sears service has gone downhill from the old days when I first began dealing with Sears and Roebuck.

Bought a range hood a few weeks ago. Turned out to be a 700.00 dollar referbished piece of ###… Anyhow, this range hood has a tendency to turn on when it keeps the rangehood lights on permanently. Sears, “technicians’ have been over twice and still no result. I called, pleaded, argued, and almmost got into a physicall confrintation due to the current staff. What ill do i dont know… but… I have come to reallize that franchizing is what is killing customer service and the reputation of sears. It really is no different then buying a excpencive car. Having problems with the car. And nobody to help you with it. It is insulting …

Thanks to my anti sychotic pills, people at that store mangaed to live another day… Also, the coller your skin really affects the attitude of the staff. Thirty years ago I to was an imigrant, but instead of excpecting things , I adjusted and worked for what i wanted… Just because my subureb has been infested, sears has no wight to support them jst because they could afford the franchise.

i purchased a mattress and box spring to be delivered to my daugfhters apt. i paid for delivery and haul-away. When items were delivered, drivers told her that they did not haul away anything. i called sear delivery and wanted to know why deliverymen would tell this and also asked for a supervisor to call me since i would now be inconvenienced for hopefully the haul away that i had paid for. i never received a call from either delivery to reschedule or a supervisor to file my complaint. I gave up and paid someone to get the old mattress and box spring.

Only to find out when they get there that the deliverymen had stood the new mattress and box spring on their side up against the wall and never even removed the plastic coverings much less set them in place for her on the bed. i cannot beleive the absolute horrible experience this has been with sears. i have always purchased all my appliances from sear in all my years. however, thanks to this purchase i will never step foot in a sears store again in my lifetime and will be sharing this story with as many people as i can.

To whom it concerns, I am very displeased with your company, I purchase all my appliances from Sears, I highly recommend all my family & friends to Sears. Needless to say I will no longer be recommending Sears. I was scheduled to receive my delivery Oct. 15, 2011, When it arrived to my residence it was damaged. I was then told it would be delivered the morning of Oct. 16, 2011, I waited and waited, I then called, and was told my delivery was in route to my home. I continued to wait, I then called back within the hour, to be told my delivery never left the warehouse, for some reason it was suppose to be damaged also, but I was informed it was in route,
when in fact it never left the warehouse.

I never received a call about any of this, I called and to my surprise It never left the warehouse. I was then informed that it wouldn’t be delivered til Oct. 18, 2011. My time is valuable also. No one called to verify if Oct. 18, 2011 was a good date for me. I had the utmost confidence when I made purchases from Sears, needless to say I no longer feel this way. Whereas I was willing to pay a higher price than I would at Conn’s due to my high standards for Sears. I am very very disappointed. I received less than good no where close to the perfection as usual from Sears Co. I really hope you all do a better job with others.

Your reputation is really going down because of the incompetence of the employees and or employers neglect to your consumers. I must stress again I am very, very, very, very dissatisfied. I really hope in the future Sears do better than what I have endured.

I build cabinets and install appliances. With all appliance companies I have found complete specifications for their appliances on line, especially ‘cut out dimensions!’ Not so with Sears Kenmore. After trying online, I called for help. Only to find a dead end and a bad attitude. I had to go the the store, where I was showed a book with, cut out dimensions. The sales person look at me as if I had two heads! We can’t receive the appliances, with the installation book until a later date and the building needs to start sooner. SEARS…show more specifications especially cut out sizes on line….please…I wouldn’t recommend Kenmore kitchen appliances.

I am sure you receive a lot of these emails, I am 85 years old and my lovely wife is 82. We have been a Sears customer for over 40 years, never had a problem. Until last year we bought a refrigerator paid 1300 dollars for it which is a lot of money for us. It worked fine for a few months then started to have problems, the repair guy came out a few times but it still didn’t work right. Sears decided to replace it which was a great idea, we had that one for a few months and the control board went bad, repair man came out again but the factory kept send wrong part finally the right one came and it didn’t fix it so we decided to exchange it for a smaller unit.

we got that refrigerator in August of this year, it was delivered with missing parts but worked so they ordered new parts for it. We had it for a month and it started to leak water, then it started to freeze food in the refrigerator part, lost food, and the parts they sent 7 times were wrong. Repairman came out 4 more times and the thing has not worked since. I called and called but kept getting the run around, finally I got some one in resolutions who said the would remove it and refund our money. Let me say something about the bill, original bill was 1300.00 dollars, we exchanged that refrigerator with this one 900 dollars.

Sears has not repaired the bill so we have 2200 dollars worth of refrigerator expenses and a refrigerator that doesn’t work. Sears has not given our money back on first one. Back to resolution hot line, first they said no problem we will fix this remove it and refund money Great! Then we get disconnected I call back get another person who said same thing she puts me on hold and we get disconnected again, call back get this rude lady who says no you will not get money back and writes a case number #3820371, so I ask for a supervisor because other ladies agreed to refund money and take it away.

It takes the supervisor 6 hours to call back only to tell us he is sorry but nothing he can do but exchange it. The way I look at it we bought the original one had it exchanged, once it didn’t work we bought a new one in August, it has not been 90 days so we should get our money back. I use to think Sears was one of the backbone company’s of America, but I am ot sure now. I worked for GE for 42 years and I know we would never treat our customers this way. Not an 85 and 82 year old over 900 dollars. I would just like some one to come and get this broken refrigerator out of my house and my money back. Thank you for reading this hope to here from you.

Charlie Thompson

MODEL #LMX25964ST100 serial # 008KRUC00694 can not get a repair tech or any replacement through manufacturer warranty. I bought it in 11-20-2010 and freezer dont work or ice maker and it runs constantly. So I have unplugged it after 6 days of straight running cause I was afraid it would get to hot and catch on fire. Can some tell me what I have to do to get it taking back since it has not been fixed and run so much! It is a Double Door LG refrigerator and I have talked to LG customer service for a whole week and still cant get nothing done and even contacted Home Depot where I bought it and a extended warranty but they cant do nothing.

It is still under manufacturer warranty.. So needless to say I probably will never buy another LG product… but would like mine replaced or refunded for it!!!

I bought a new whirlpool washer at sears Middletown on 8/13/11. I picked it up, took it home and installed it on Friday. Dead on Arrival. Called whirlpool warranty… just after 5pm. A nice young man in some other state was able to tell me that there was nothing I could do to fix it that night, so onwards to scheduling a service appointment. Increasingly hard to maintain contact, Customer service reps (CSR) go repeatedly through pleasant sounding scripts taking all demographic info, then lose the call and don’t call back.

An appointment can be made for a service call several weeks after I bought the machine, the Tech says, it needs a new control module which will be shipped to me, earliest date to return is two more weeks (9/15/11) I escalate as high as I can go through CSR department to no good result. Today is 9/15, and the tech calls to say he is on his way. I ask if he has the part, he says UPS dropped it off, is unable to give tracking number or drop off date. Says CSR will call to reschedule. CSR calls while I’m on the phone, leaves voicemail to call back. When I call back, is unable to schedule appointment to install part any earlier than 9/26/11.

I complain this means that I have to drag my laundry off to a Laundromat for another two weeks, but “eva” remains unmoved, that is absolutely the earliest she can schedule me for. I had tried calling the Sears store I bought it from, but am unable to reach department or store manager. Some of the people I talked to include “Leona”, Brian, Ethel Bartoli, (a brand central mgr), France, Matham, Dorothy, Lamarr, Jaime, and Trish. I also spoke with “James”, who answered the phone for William Crowley, who was unable to be of much help either.

When I bought a new machine from Sears I expected it to work, Not to have to pay a penalty in time and aggravation because Sears customer service is not consumer friendly.

Did not honor tire price or rebate. I got a quote for tires online at Sears Tire Center for the local Sears store for both my dads car and mine. I went to the store with my dad and he purchased his tires at the quoted price. Fact is they even lowered the price by a few dollars. It’s to early to tell if he will actually get the $160 rebate promissed him though. I went in two days later with my printout for the exact same tire type just in a different size and was told after several minutes of trying to be sold a more expensive option that they would not honor the price quoted me.

THE DEAL IS STILL ON THE COMPUTER!! So I didn’t get my tires at Sears and didn’t get my $160 rebate. I ended up having to shell out an additional $100 for tires elsewhwere…I am PISSED and Sears has lost another loyal customer. 83ebf4

On May 24, 2011 our Bosch diswasher we bought from Sears in 2003 began leaking. I called for a repair service and a tech came out. He used like a magnifying glass and look around but cld not find anything – cost $109. Diswasher still leaking I called Sears again for a tech to come to my house, same tech sent out this time he “found inlet water pressure to high redcued input water pressure, checked operation”. The charge $144. Later than day my daughter came home and asked why I paid again and I said your right, the reason I was niot thinking will be revealed later.

I can’t the check and immediately called June 10 and told them I had canceled the check. She stated they would send out “Sr Tech”. Over Memorial Day weekend we went camping and when we returned the whole floor was wet clear thru into the garage. Called Sears again and talked to another rep who told me I never should of been charged for second visit and I have 90 day warranty from the time they come out. On June 15, 2011 they sent the SAME TECH out to my house and I finally kicked him out telling him I did not feel comfortable with him working on the dishwasher and asked him to leave. Before he left I made him sign a that he confirmed the water damage to dishwasher, kitchen floor and garage.

On June 21, 2011 a Sr Tech came out and replaced the water inlet valve, I paid him again $9403. The problem is now fixed.
I made claims with there claims office. She advised me to send pictures and get two estimates which I did.

On June 23, 2011 I received a Demand Letter for payment on the stopped check from TRS. I disputed the claim and sent in my letter July 11, 2011. On June 25, 2011 I received another Demand Letter for payment from TRS. Again, I sent in disputed letter. This part finaly got taken care of.

I called Customer Solutions on 7-7-2011 and talked to rep about being sent to collection agency. She stated she would have someone call me. No one called.

I called again on July 8 – no return call

I called again on 7-11-2011 and talked to rep who stated she sent message for tech manager to call me back within 24 hours. No one called me back.

On 7-22-2011 I called and talked to another rep and stated I was not going to be calling again and if they sent me to collections we were going to court.

On July 25, 2011 my husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, brain cancer, espogas cancer. We flew to Arizona and was down there for 3 weeks.

When we got back I called the claims office to see where we were. She stated I had to get ahold of the Bosch Manufactured and send in faulty part ( which I thru in the garage).

I called again on 8-4 and left message for claims office. No return call.

On August 24, 2011 I finally received letter from TRS that they have charged back fee.

On August 6 I again talked to Sedgwick CMS who explained I would have to talk to the manufacutre myself. Well guess what, the manufacturel wanted the part which I had through away.

The damage was done by Sears yet they refuse to fix the problem.

At this time I do not need additional stress in my life as I have my hands full dealing with my husband. I will never shop at Sears again. They have lost all sense of what customer service is.

Why would I have to deal with the manufacture when in good faith I dealt with Sears. This claim is only $ 1,510 for replace the sub floor and lay tile down. I will never buy from Sears again and am very disappointed in them. Small claims court here we come!!!!! but we very aware the $ 1,500 just went up to addl $5,000 for pain and suffering.

Have feedback for Sears?