Staples

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Staples

Posted by Alma Davis on Feb 20, 2015
Customer Rating

I went to my Conneaut lake store (Meadville, PA 16335) and found myself looking at one of your laptop in front with a screen saver of President Obama with ugly alterations (big lips and monkey ears -that ilk) it's disgraceful to say the least. I will no longer shop at your Staples. It was downright racist looking. You don't have to be Black to despise racism.

Did Staples provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Staples?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.93 out of 5
1.93 out of 5 Stars
27 Consumer Reviews

Staples
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Staples. What is their corporate mailing address?

Framingham, MA 01702
Framingham, MA 01702

I want to call the Staples customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

508-253-5000

I need to visit the Staples company website. What is their website address?

More Staples Complaints

Customer Rating

One star rating because it is required, otherwise there would be no stars. Does staples now employ just anyone in a managerial position? Mr. Riley let me know that I was a "neighborhood" customer. I guess that is why he thought that "neighborhood" language and treatment would be tolerated by me...NOT. The worst example of a manager I have ever encountered. I will not give him or that store a penny of my money and will discourage anyone who asks from doing business with Mr. RIley and his store. THE ABSOLUTE WORST EVER!!!!!

Customer Rating

On Feb 03, 2015 I took my Toshiba laptop to the Staples store on 6101 Calhoun Mem Hwy in Easley, SC. Their techical department had the laptop for three days over the weekend. I was called on Monday Feb 2nd and told it was fixed and ready for pickup. I paid $149.99. When I got home Windows 7 would not boot up. After much effort I was able to get it up. Prior to bringing the laptop to Staples I was running MS Security Essentials which failed miserably. I downloaded ZoneAlarm anti-virus and their firewall. (rated #1 by pc magazine) After a full scan the software found a Trojan and several virus's and got rid of them. I then downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. It found 317 malware objects and took care of them.

It said my Windows boot program was corrupted and numerous MS and Windows files were turned off and many corrupted. I was told by the folks at Malwarebytes that if these problems were not addressed the system would crash and it would be non recoverable. There solution was too expensive so I contacted Reimage Repair recommended by Firefox. They are a MS certified partner. So for $34.95 one time fee they cleaned the faulty files, installed fresh healthy files from their parts repository, repaired the damage and ran a stability check making sure the apps were stable and the issues resolved. I dropped off a letter directed to the manager at the Staples store requesting he do the right thing and reimburse the $149.99. They have not responded. Staples computer repair service was terrible, they did not fix my computer.

Customer Rating

On January 29,2015 I purchased a Wireless Computer Mouse that was on sale for $9.99... along with another Item for just a few dollars more. When I got home I looked over the sales slip and noticed that I was charged $12,99 for the mouse.... I called the store and mentioned this and was told that I should come back to the store within the next day or so and they would refund the #3.00 to me.... Well it's like this.... round-trip back to the store is 11 miles, and time invested to make this trip = about one hour.... I'd spend over half of my refund to pay for gas alone, not to speak of the embarrassment of crying for my three dollars... So if they can't wait for me to complain when I am again in the area, I guess I get it stuck to me one more time.....

Wouldn't it just be nice if they would get their sale items to ring up the right prices when you buy.... Or they might set up a price check area where people could check their items for the proper pricing before the cash register.... This is not the first time this happened, but the last time (about a month ago) I told the guy at the register that my charge can't be right,,, when he rechecked I was right, and he corrected it immediately. I don't know how other people feel, but I hate to get ripped off anywhere these days, especially a Tech. Store where you'd think they got their act together.....

Customer Rating

Dear Staples, I sent a UPS package from your store and also got insurance for peace of mind. When going through the process at the Uniontown, Pa. Staples store I received the very best of customer service and rate that experience A+. The package was sent and in a few days a received notice that the package when received was damaged. Ups states that the box that it was shipped in was not up to UPS standards and will not honor the insurance that was purchased for that item. I then called the CEO of the manufacturer of the item, he stated and that the box that the item was initially shipped in and was designed for that item. The Manufacturer stated that they had no problems or issues with that shipping box. However that is the same box with a Styrofoam mold to hold the item in place while shipping it to the receiver and UPS stated that it was not up to their standards will not honor the insurance that was purchased for that item at the Staples Store in Uniontown, PA. I am calling the president of Staples this morning and I feel most certain that he will look into this matter and resolve it very quickly due to this has been going on for 60 days after I have sent this item and purchased insurance on this item. Staples in Uniontown Pennsylvania have always given my Company excellent customer service for the past 21 year. And I feel confident that I will be writing about my great customer service experience later today.

On 1/20/2015 at 9:05 am till 9:52 am I spoke with Staples Employee Lueas Brown the Exsecutive Customer Service Assistant to the President of Staples. Mr. Brown was very kind and listened to my issue. He then said that he was not able to contact UPS however he would reach out to the staples UPS team of specialists and said that I would receive an email within 48 hours concerning the conversation between UPS and the Staples UPS team. Also Mr. Brown gave me his word that he would call me to read what UPS wrote on the Claim web site in no more than two days. I also asked Mr. Brown if I may speak with the President of Staples, he told me that the Staples President does not speak to anyone with a problem at staples. I am reaching out to the president to call me about this matter. It would make me feel a whole lot better that Mr. Brown conveying to me that he would not be able to speak to anyone at UPS. And when I call UPS they tell me that I must call Staples because that is where I purchased the insurance to send my package. I will keep you posted on Mr. Brown’s phone call, Staples UPS Team’s Email and if the Staples President calls to ask about this matter.
Thanks and God bless, John Hranec – President / CEO - HRANEC INSULATION CORPORATION www.hranec.net / www.johnhranec.com

Customer Rating

Buyer/Shoppers beware that if you spend cash for your product from staples and its over 500.00 dollars you will not get cash back you will receive a corporate check that you will have to wait 14 days for.
I purchase some computer equipment of 1-15-2015 at 104 West Agency Rd. in W. Burlington Iowa I spent $1690.58 cash for the merchandise. Because of the back and forward about whom was going to purchase my daughter computer before she return to college I asked store manager and clerk Joy about Staples return policy and they both stated as long as you bring the product back before 14 days with original receipt that I would receive my money how it was given.( no one mention anything about the return policy because if they had I would of not purchase the product because I know I do not have a checking account) Now this makes me wonder is the only concern is to get the money. When I get to the store on 1/17/2015 two days later I get slap in the face with you can only receive a corporate check back (and a return policy sign posted so small on the checkout counter up front and not on the computer desk counter where I purchase my product) and the kicker is it will take up to 14 business days to receive it. Now is that getting my money back how I gave it? So I explain to the Corporate Manager Richard Clark that I do not have a checking account and no way to cash a check he states go find a check cashing place because there is nothing Corporate can do for you at this point. Now granted I paid cash $1690.58 for my merchandise and now I’m told I have to pay to cash a check to get my money back plus wait 14 day to get it. (Now is that getting my money back how I gave it to them?) I have never experience an issue with getting cash back for a purchase that I paid cash for in my 45 years of living. Now I have to leave another manager at the corporate store Michael a voice mail and wait to see if he will call me back. It not like I spent 100.00 with Staples I spent $ 1690.58 and once they issue a check if I can’t cash it I’m out of 1690.58 when all I was trying to do is get computer equipment for my daughter. So to anyone that’s thinking about going to Staples to purchase a product please be aware of spending you money especially if you have to work hard and two jobs like I do. Will you please spread this to all your social media sites because I think consumers should know before they spend their money at Staples.

Customer Rating

I am writing today to compaint of the poor service I received from your cmpany on February 25, 2014. I work for a health care company that manages about 80% of Monterey and Santa Cruz County, we purchase all of our office supplies from your company. I went into your Watsonvill Store to return two office chairs. The women (Noemi) at the sales counter was not willing to go above and beyond to provide the utmost customer service. Noemi basically told me, “I am doing you a favor,” and abruptly handed me my receipt. Noemi was very rude, the manager (James Conklin) was over hearing our conversation but did not intervene.

I trust this is not the way Staples wishes to conduct business with valued customers-I have been purchasing items from your company for a very long time and have never encounted such treament before. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Judy Cabanban
jcabanban@chp-dod.com
831-722-1444

Customer Rating

Hi there, I am writing as my son (Eric Gagnebin) whom is 22, has a 78 IQ and Central Auditory processing issue. Very little services for kids like him. I normally don’t do this as he needs to do his own thing, advocate for himself but I need to vent. The Social Worker coming out. He has been employed at Stop and Shop since he was 16. No issues. When he was hired two years ago to work in the copy center at the route 9/27 store through Mass Rehab. commission in Framingham Ma. he was so proud to be doing a job that he was trained for. He even showed me letters that people had sent in about him. In the past 6 months, he has been written up several times. He changed departments and trained his replacement at the copy center !!! From what I understand from my son he was never retrained etc. I also under stand he was accused of swearing in front of a customer which he knows right and wrong and would never do. I wonder if the women heard him wrong or if really happended, etc. Regardless, that was the final straw so to speak for Eric. He and I chatted that night when he found out this accusation. He decided to quit. He felt he was being unfairly blamed and just was not feeling it was a good match for him anymore. On his last day he never received a card, Kind words such as it has been nice working with you, etc. The manager of this store nor assistant manager said a thing !!! Is this any way to treat employees???? Just this treatment tells me two things. They did not know how to handle situation or they were glad he was going. As a social worker I am very disappointeted by this behavior and reaction. I will not shop at staples again. I already have friends that use the copy center have decided to move their business else where. Again, I am always amazed by the reactions of people to others and this is one that I will never forget. I always and my son knows this trat others the way you want to be treated. Thanks for letting me vent. Rebecca Neal

Customer Rating

Recently bought a brother printer from staples. Sales Rep. was very helpful.. 20 days later it quit working. Went back to staples and they said there is nothing they could do. They said that company policy was 14 days on returns. They told me I could go on line or look in my user guide for how to get the Brother company to make it right.. I told them that I needed a printer today. Their answer was I could buy a new one.. At that point I told them I will buy one from Walmart who has better a return policy. So Staples if you are listening you have lost a customer.. Forever..

Customer Rating

On 03/02/2014 I purchased the above referenced device from the above mentioned store location as advertised in the store with the rebate offer of $150.00. However I did not receive the required rebate request form from the sales IT specialist making the sale ( ID # 1676480) which is named Mr. Brian Coffey / Easy Tech Expert. After three (3) attempts to correct the miscommunication of sales rebate offered on the particular device, I was informed that the offer was only good for $50.00. The Toshiba Brand C55-A5281 was advertised for 399.99 with $150.00 rebate and that along with my perception of the outstanding customer service that Staples is well known for was part of my decision to make the purchase. I have now been informed by the store that the appropriate form to be used is not the same one provided by your website. I am a little confused as to what to do regarding my rebate offer so I am contacting you in order to be specifically clear as to the original offer that the store advertised on 03/02/2014. My name is Christopher D. Graham ( ph : 407-274-3305 ) and I used my credit card to make the purchase. I also still have the receipt of the purchase sale. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail with any information you feel may help me in the process of obtaining the accurate refund. Thanks and have a great day.

Customer Rating

It has taken me four phone calls and four trips to town to get four documents copied, scanned into PDF form, and emailed to me by the incompetent staff at the Staples in Sonora, CA. And, they have a really sarcastic and bad attitude with no willingness to make the customer happy or follow through on a simple job. I can’t wait until I can afford to buy a printer/fax/scanner/copy machine device so I I NEVER have to go in there again. It seems like it happens every time I need something done at the Sonora, CA Staples. There are a lot of people looking for jobs who will be nice, not argue with a customer, and do their job! Maybe the Sonora Staples should clean house!

Customer Rating

When trying to enter store 5 Staples employees out front smoking. Did not want to walk through smoke is it possible for them to smoke in bAck of store away from customers?

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Laura Wyatt on 03/18/2014 at IP address 166.147.72.28 using our Staples complaint form. This opinions contained in this Staples customer review titled, “Memo liters smoking” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Staple’s 6-port power plug from Staples, Indiranagar worth Rs 500 on 03-March-2013. 5 out of 6 ports stopped working within a week.Becuase of the busy schedule I could go to staples yesterday night.

When I purchased the plug I was told that the warranty was 1 year but yesterday it was told that the warranty is just 6 months. This was the first point where I feel being cheated because they have not given us in written that the product had 1 yr warranty at that time.

The product was replaced and we were told that now it has only Testing Warranty that is they are giving us the new piece after testing and now it will not be covered under 6-months warranty also. This was the second point where I was cheated.

First of all the product was not good. Secondly, I was being lied for the warranty and third I was told the replaced one will not be under warranty.

When I asked them I want to speak to the manager of the store I was told there is no manager in the store.
I could not beleive how come such a big store has no manager????

Then some executive over there who told he was the senior there promised that for us the warranty will be considered for 6 months for the replaced product as well but when I asked him to write the same on the bill, he refused. Why so?

When staples is giving the warranty then why cant it be given in written and what if next time I go there and they refuse to provide the service?

And when a product is under warranty then how can this be said that now after replacement it will not be under warranty??

Customer Rating

Staples complaint center. I live near your staples location at 1833 S La Cienega Blvd Ste B Los Angeles, CA 90035. I do most of my shopping in that plaza – it has everything I need: toys r us for my kids, smart and final for groceries, coffee beans, Ross, and even my gym is there.

The Staples store over there is my first choice when I need to buy office supplies. All of my office furniture as well as my husband’s furniture are from that location. I can surly say that I visit Staples at least once a week.

On March 26th 2012, I was with my baby and my 3.5-year old daughter waiting outside the store waiting for my husband to park the car. We came to buy a new computer table and chair. While waiting for my husband, my 3.5 years old daughter cried that she needs to pee and can’t hold it. I run into the store with the baby on my arms and my other daughter next to me. I asked the cashier where is the restrooms – and then the unbelievable happened :

The cashier told me that I have to buy here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked , I told her that I will gladly shop here after taking my daughter to the restrooms (this is why I came – the whole plaza is full of friendly stores – all of them them have toilets – and no one is investigating your shopping attention….if i needed only to pee..i had better options to chose from).

I also told her that i am a loyal staples customer and that my purse is full with staples receipts and I can show her (off course – after my daughter will pee…) that only yesterday “i was a customer here,and today some how im not considered as acustomer because i dont have a 100 bill sticked to my forehead. We were still arguing , I told her that my daughter is going to pee on the floor in a second…for god’s sake…she’s only 3.5 year old…she can’t hold it .

ALL OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT STOOD NEXT TO ME WERE SHOCKED!!!!! AFTER ARGUING AND AFTER OTHER CUSTOMERS TOLD HER, SHE CALLED TO SOME ONE “TO BRING THE RESTROOMS KEY”. That’s what she said. I kept waiting over there for 10-15 minutes .waiting for someone to “bring the key”.

After 15 minutes I asked her again and she ignored me. Few minutes after someone came and I asked him if he has the restrooms key – he didn’t know what I’m talking about and then she told him that this is fine she’s “taking care of me”…….after few more minutes I approached another employee asking the restrooms key – this when he told me there is now key!!!!!!! And told me the code to get in. just few minutes before I finally got to the restrooms – my daughter peed in her pants!!!!!!!!!!!! I cleaned her , called my husband not to even think of buying here the desk and chair.

From now on – for me Staples is a no entry zone. Shame on you and your workers. It never happened to me, never ever in other stores. You probably need to give starbucks , toys r us, office max and so many other people to train your employees – becz obviously you don’t know how to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staples branch – Los Angeles 2012 : “show me your money or else have your 3.5 year old daughter peeing on the floor”. What an example…..i didn’t know what to explain my daughter……………

Customer Rating

Went in to the staples in Manassas, Va on Liberia. We had the hard drive replace there less then a year ago and the hard drive went out again. We took it in and they tried a few things and called a couple days later and said it was the hard drive. It only took two days to replace the hard drive before….

We were told they didn’t carry the hard drive I needed in stock and would have to order it, that it would be another week. They had already had it for a week. They also told us the had been able to get our info off of the hard drive. So, waited another week and called because we had not heard anything and called. Was told the drive would be in the following Monday and it should be ready by Tuesday. We call Tuesday and still not done.

Go in on Wednsday afternoon about 3pm and was told not quite done yet come back in a couple hours. So finally two weeks later and 5 more hours gone by we go down to pick it up. And now magically the couldn’t get our data after we were already told they were able to retrieve it, so gave $20 more off what they had already gave because of there mess ups and said they gave us a couple hundred dollars in free programs downloaded…

Like we need that crap this is my personal computer we dont use for any work stuff or whatnot, but now I got alot of stupid office crap downloaded on here that I will never use, and a office postal I will never use, and a couple more crappy office programs I did not want and now have to clear out. We were not even asked if we wanted those programs on our computer, they just took it upon themselves to put it on there and we have none of our data and I have to reload everything.

This all started cause I asked husband to clean all the dust off and he was an idiot and used the can spray and blew the dirt into the computer which got into the hard drive. I looked in the computer when he brought it home and they didn’t even clean it. They told my husband they cleaned it with the can spray as best they could.

I know they have little brushes or use a cotton swab and at least clean off the fans that what I do, but no, if the can of air don’t remove it you are just up the river without a paddle. Will NEVER let Staples on Liberia touch my computers ever again and I will never purchase one from them again!! Very Poor Service in the Repair Department!!!

Customer Rating

On Sunday 3/25/12 I went into Staples in Spokane WA on Division St. I have shopped there many times and regularily get money off vouchers mailed to me. I am the broker for Brown Bear Real Estate in Republic, WA. My order totalled nearly $400.00. Upon check-out the young lady informed me my business check had been declined twice and that a manager would not be able to override the situation.

She suggested I pay with an “alternate” source. I suggested she reconsider my check and if she couldnt find a way to accept it I would go to Office Depot a short distance from the Staples store and make my purchase there. Within 30 minutes I had made my purchase with Office Depot without complication. I did purchase more there as I see the receipt and cancelled check I wrote is $403.31.

I believe they do an automatic deduction for funds from the bank account. The reason for this message to you is not to solicit an apology as you have lost my business. It is to tell you why and how you have lost it. Please remove my name from catalog and special mailers you will find it under customer.

I will never have an experience like the one I had on Sunday 3/25/12 in Spokane again and intend to continue doing business with Office Depot. Best of luck to you in future.

Customer Rating

On February 8th, 2012 at a Staples store at 19714 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77065, I bought a surge protector, a package of paper and a note book. When I got home, I discovered that the bag contained a $15 dollar gift card from Coldstone Creameries. I have no idea how the cashier laid hands on this card. I would have no idea where to find this card in the store. I do not eat sugar as a general rule because I am insulin resistant. On February 9th, I went into the same store presented my receipt and asked for my $15 dollars back. I was informed that the store would not give me a refund on this gift card.

They called the manager who took my phone number and said that he would call Coldstone creameries. He tried to make me take the card with me, but I left it on the check out counter because as far as I am concerned I did not buy this card. The cashier simply made a mistake by ringing it up. There is no sign in the store that says that there will be no refunds on gift cards. There is nothing on the refund policy portion of the receipt that says anything about no refund on gift cards. There is also no indication that a refund will not be made on anything rung up by accident by a cashier.

At this point, I have lost 15 dollars and Staples has lost a customer. I a self employed person who is not bound to a nine to five job and I just may sue in small claims court because I do not believe that the law allows Staples to make up their refund policy as they go along or that they can collect for an item that a customer never gave to a cashier and never wanted.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Lexmark printer cartridge which was defective. Luckily I still had the receipt and went over to exchange it. Sign said any register could process exchange or refund so I did some shopping and stood in line. I was told that I would have to deal directly with Lexmark. I thought for a few seconds and decided that I spend a lot of money annually with you folks. Have for years. Left my items on the check out. Went down the block to Office Depot. They exchange defective cartridges. Bought same things I had at checkout at Staples. Gave them my $253.42 for purchases and am now a happy Office Depot customer. Times have changed Staples.

Many places are closing and going out of business. Consumers have more power than ever before. Customer service is a key ingredient to success and continued operation of your business.

Customer Rating

The sales circular came out in the Sunday paper, Aug. 7, 2011. I went to Staples, Glendale Towncenter, Indpls., In 46220, to buy an advertised special Flash Drive for $6.99 I could not find it. I asked a clerk, that the cashier called up to the front, after the second call, she told me they never had any for this sale. I asked for a rain check and she said there are none on this item. Why would you advertise an item and know that you don’t have it and not give a rain check? I think I am through with Staples. It also seems that their prices are sometimes not the same when you checkout as the prices marked.

Customer Rating

I took my laptop to staples when it started to act up, and they initially told me it was my hard drive and they would fix it. So, 2 weeks later, they call me and tell me it is not the hard drive, but a problem with the motherboard. They said they would send it to their depot repair and they would fix everything that is wrong with it. After 2 more weeks, I called them to see if it was ready, and they told me it was back. Just last week, the same thing was happening, so I went back. They said it is a problem with the motherboard again, but they wouldn’t cover it under the warranty because my warranty expired on July 6th, and I was there the morning of July 7th.

With their 90 day warranty, they start the warranty the day they ship it out, before it is even repaired, so by the time I got my computer back, I had already lost over 2 weeks of my warranty. They called the place to do that did the depot repair and they said they would not cover it, but the people at Staples told me they would help me purchase a new computer if I wanted to….yeah right, even if I was going to purchase a new computer, it wouldn’t be from them after seeing what kind of service they give you!

Customer Rating

I am shopped at different staples and I realized that I have been charge twice for thier so called protection plan and basically you have only 30 days to notice and get a refund. I also had brought back a item that had a protection plan on it and they never refunds my PP, I was very disappoint and will never shop at staples again,. I would also warn customers about paying for a protection plan on computers and ohter items, the computer dept will offer free PC tune ups but what they really want is to get your money to fix simple issues that you can do yourself and the turn around with getting your laptop is longer than three days.

The computers aren’t always secured and you really dont know who is working on your computer or who has access to your computer. I am very disappoint in the staples customer service there number one job is to get you to buy protection plans on computers and all other products when most of the time you are just plain being ripped off.

Customer Rating

My daughter bought an HP laptop in September, 2010 from Staples. Recently when she turned it on she would get a black screen or it would freeze. Took it to Staples in Queensbury NY, where she bought it. She also bought an extended 2-yr warranty w/it, but Staples repair “Les” said it was the motherboard and not covered. Returned unit to her and said they couldn’t do ANYTHING for her. Contacted HP – no help. Contacted the insurance company that she paid and extra $150 and they said Staples had registered her without accidental coverage although that’s exactly what we thought we bought. Again – no help.

Took it to a private repair place and they said it wasn’t the motherboard, that it was a hardware problem and fully covered under the original 1-yr HP warranty. Again Staples said no. I will never buy at Staples again.

Customer Rating

I took my laptop to Staples for repair because the video was stuck in CGA mode. They charged me $185.00 for the repair. I did not use the computer for 3 months and then when I turned on the power the problem was still there. I returned to the Staples store where i took the computer to be repaired and the Assistant Manager (Scott) said since it had been over 90 days there was nothing he could do. I received no paperwork with the computer when it was returned to me showing what repairs had been completed. For the price I paid for this (alleged) repair i could have put this money toward the purchase of a new computer at Staples. I will NEVER shop at Staples again and am telling anyone and everyone I know about what happened to me.

Terrible customer service at the Staples located at 1480 Tapteal Dr. Richland, WA 99352

Customer Rating

I bought a computer at staples office supply store that was supposed to have windows 7. I did not get windows 7 with my new computer, and was very disappointed. I was supposed to get a $50 mail in rebate with the purchase of my new computer. I did not get a rebate like I was promised. The computer just had to be sent for repair after only 13 months of use. I don’t think i will ever step foot in a Staples again because of this. As a paying customer, they definitely over promised and under delivered big time on this one. Chad Daniel. s.chado3@yahoo.com

Customer Rating

I contacted the Staples Store located at 3019 Festival Way Waldorf, MD 20601, and asked a Staples representative for the fax number (301/638-3568) for my job to forward important documents. I gave my employer the fax number. Later, my employer contacted me and said the number was Staple’s Store recorded message. I called the number and the recorder directed me to Staple’s representative. Staple’s representatives gave me that same number on three different occasions before I asked for a supervisor (Gwen). The supervisor (Gwen) spoke to me in an aggressive, annoyed tone and slowly repeated the same fax number to me twice.

Manager Gwen had me to call this number on two different occasions. After, calling the number twice, I contacted Manager Gwen again. Manager Gwen replied that she called the fax number and it was in working order. I asked Manage Gwen if she had heard a beep on the line when she called. She replied yes. I told her thank you, hung up, and called the fax number again. I was greeted by Staple’s recorder once again. After bypassing the series of option, holding on the line, Gwen answered the phone in a more aggressive tone then before. She said “Maybe the lines were crossed in Staple’s Store so call back later.” I said thank you once again and hung up.

Manager Gwen’s performance was unprofessional, distasteful and, and non-customer friendly. Her unethical stance lacked management skills and proper English tools, which made it difficult for her to interact in a civilize conduct. I only asked for simple information nothing more. In return, Manager Gwen gave me a side-dish of her attitude. In addition, she spoke to me as if I had interrupted her activity circle and not as a valuable customer. In the near future, I hope that Manager Gwen is education on management and customer services skills, and English 101 before she’s forced to interact with other Staple customers.

Customer Rating

I purchased a HP 4500 Printer, copier, fax machine in mid Dec. It jams constantly and doesn’t perform. Took it back to the Staples Store in Spokane and they told me I missed the 2 week return procedure by a week. Now I have to send it back to your Corp office. But they wouldn’t supply an address for shipping to this office – only an 800 # to call. I called twice last week and after 20 minutes I got caught in the phone tree maze. Finally made contact the next Tuesday and was told I’d receive an e-mail message immediately which would include this super secret address. It hasn’t arrived all day. I’ll never go there again, there’s an Office Depot up the street and I’ll get my paper and office products from them. As far as office equipment, I should have bought this machine at Costco, no hassle, good service, and no phony Corporate runaround.

Customer Rating

The Flatbush staples store in Brooklyn, incompetence in both customer service and product knowledge was excruciating to bear. What took 45 minutes here took 10 minutes in another Staples branch. In trying to boot a computer I was recycling, the guy didn’t even know what a dual boot was. I needed to bring a power cord to redeem computer (I didn’t have to at the other branch and had to waste money to buy one), they emphatically said it cost $100 multiple times when it’s only $13. Staples made several calls to check whether my coupons work as if she didn’t want me to save money even though I told her I had already asked Staples customer service. After almost an hour, I finally got the laptop for a reduced price. But the customer service was shockingly horrible!

Companies Like Staples