Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Alma Davis
Feb 20, 2015 - Meadville, PA
Horrible

I went to my Conneaut lake store (Meadville, PA 16335) and found myself looking at one of your laptop in front with a screen saver of President Obama with ugly alterations (big lips and monkey ears -that ilk) it's disgraceful to say the least. I will no longer shop at your Staples. It was downright racist looking. You don't have to be Black to despise racism.

Have you had problems with Staples?

Compare Staples to Similar Retail Stores more...

Top 39 Reviews about Staples

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Staples customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Trying to buy plastic page covers. 1st time in store late April they were out. OK come back next week, so, I did. Well nothing has changed. Still out, I find the Manager of the store & ask what is up. All he could say was to place order & they will ship to me. Well if I wanted it the next day, I would have come into the store the next day. I need them now.

So, if I can order & get the next day, why the H*** doesn't the manger order them for the shelves of the store. 3rd trip to store and they still aren't in. But there is a picture for a reset of the shelves. So, since you have NO care for your customers, I will BUY ALL MY OFFICE NEEDS at Office Max or Depot.

Poor

Since my wife is a teacher, we purchase a great many supplies at Staples. I'm asking that the rebate system should allow the rebates to be given at the time of the store purchase instead of asking the customers to submit the rebates via an email to Staples which may or may not be working since the easy rebate system does not always work properly. It would be better for both the store and the customer, and I believe would allow for more store turnover and would certainly add to the value of Staples sales volume.

Good

My wife is a teacher and we buy quite a lot of products at staples often using the rebate as an incentive or additional sales for school and home. The rebate is helpful but wouldn't it be easier and better for the company and the customers if the rebates were issued directly at the time of purchase in the store. It could be dated for four weeks later, and would certainly make more friends for staples which could mean additional sales for each store. The easy rebates as they are called are not always so easy to use, computers don't always world and the company system might be out. At any rate I like stapes and enjoy shopping at your stores, but the rebate issue is sometimes a problem where many people don't even bother to use it, and that should be addressed.

Horrible

4-30-15, Heather very RUDE as I explained how I needed programs for my husbands funeral. Told me I was being difficult and that it would take her hrs to edit, my fault for putting info on a Word Doc. Eager to give our money back. Took jump drive to friend who edited and Staples was gracious enough to print. Very unprofessional, will not ever use Staples for ANYTHING.

Poor

Went first time out of 4 on Tuesday April 15th, 2015 every day last visit on Saturday April 18th at around 2:00 PM each day. The very worst customer service of any Staples and any where. First visit asked to copy 40 and 50 items with Dan he finally took my order and came back next day and wanted to purchase box tape pens to mail a box home. looked for items and asked help with boxes and just pointed to where they were which I knew. Got items needed and no help in how to cut my copies after asking many in store almost was in tears then ready was ready to mail UPS to send packages had to ask many many times finally Teri was suppose to check me out put tape pens and had a hard time for Dan to give me my order from previous day. Told terri she needed to put pens tape and order so I could purchase it. So after 20 minutes or so of looking for it I went back and brought her what she needed to charge me and said did not care anymore if I had them with me. When I looked at the receipt that night she had already charged me for the pens twice. Also she said I would need to check out in front so brought 1/2 of my purchases toward front and then Dan said no I could check out in the copying center. So confusing. Called next day and finally got someone to refund the pens. Still do not know what happen to the tape or pens that I did not get?? Came back 17th to mail a box got tape and pens and box. Still had no help and on the 18th Saturday mailed a another box same thing could not get help in mailing and when the manager after asking him for help helped me for awhile and handed me to another person who did not know what he was doing did not ask if I needed extra insurance and not his fault but could not find tape measure which the box had the measurements on it. I have never seen such bad service for all. Noticed Saturday Dan in coping center was training someone. When I came in Saturday 3 or 4 staples people where discussing something for a very long time finally I broke in after one was walking around the store on the phone. Asked who I can make a complaint and need to send packages they said the manager Angelo starts with an A anyway he did attempt to help but did not follow thru.

Poor

yesterday 4/20/15 went to your Staples store in Cold Spring Ky to purchase a mini ipad 3. Your company had issued a coupon for $100.00 off a air ipad or mini 3. It took me at least 20 mintues to get waited on! Then told them I wanted to purchase 2 ipad minit 3 and that had coupon! He looked on his computer and stated they had none in their store!. He checked the surrounding stores and they didnt either. The closes store to have only one was mile and miles away! This coupon was for in store use only! Now how can you put out a coupon like that when no stores even have them!! Secondly this is truly false advertising if you don't carry them in stores. Then the salesperson agreed to order them online and to issue my coupon and would be sent to me. First this was for a childs birthday present, secondly I guess that would work.

He typed my information in the computer and when went to view my order it erased all the information and took him back to the stores sign in page. WE DID THIS AT LEAST 10 TIMES!. None of their computers would take my information! Needles to say this looks bad on Staples! I will probably never go back to this store!. I was in this store for over 1 1/2 hours just to make a simple purchase. And probably more importantly no one will ever read this complaint and nothing will never be done! I feel like calling the local news station to have them do a report on our store!. They have a news section on their nightly news that checks out people complaints regarding store issues and customer satisfaction!

Bad

I am a 71 year old grandmother with problematic hips. So, I carefully plan any walking trips. In this case, I called the Staples at 6th Avenue and 20th Street and asked if the shredder was available for me to have papers shredded. I was assured it was. I arrived with my bag of confidential papers to be shredded and was told to leave it with the store. I explained that I wanted to watch it shredded. After all, if it wasn't confidential material, I could have thrown it in the garbage! I explained this and was told something about "an outside company" that did the shredding.

So, even if I knew and trusted the Staples staff, there was a third party involved! By now, I was very frustrated and, in all honesty, astonished at the stupidity of having a shredding service, but no process for the customer to watch their confidential papers shredded. The clerk gave me a very gratuitous "Have a nice day!" as I left, although it was obvious that in no way I was having a nice day.

Doesn't it seem reasonable that if the shredding process can be observed only at specific times (or maybe never observed??), this should be mentioned in all related information? I guarantee there is not one person who chooses to access a shredding service who is willing to just leave their confidential papers. Perhaps an immediate change in the shredding protocol is warranted.

Bad

I am writing to tell you about Store #0314 located at 9906 E. Roosevelt Blvd. They have an extra long dumpster outside of the store in the back by the loading dock for the past week. The past few days I have noticed that the employees/workers are not putting the trash in the dumpster. The bags are landing outside and it is an eye sore to have to look out my window and see this. Also, this will only attract rodents. I would appreciate it if someone could look into this and correct the situation. If improvements are not made, I will be contacting city officials to look into it.

Bad

Bought Broadband ADSL2/product# 606449081305 for $54.99..also purchased the 2yr contract for $9.99. ATT replaced my broken one, so I did not need the one I bought at Staples...Returned and my $68.88 was put on a staples gift card!!!. I made the purchase with a prepaid, throw-a-way visa card, I asked money to be returned to another one of my debit or credit cards because I do not want $68.88 worth of Staple Bucks..Did not happen!!! Very Un-Happy with Return Policy... Will not make any more purchases at Staples...

Bad

I have been going to your Huntersville NC store since it opened. Ever since the previous manager transferred to your Mooresville NC store the service has continued to decline. You can be looking for a product and the staff will just pass by and not offer you any help. On March 15, I was looking for styluses for my Android. For the first time in a long while a black young guy offered to help me look for it. He was new and had to ask a bearded guy how to do it. The guy seemed too busy to help him. He finally found the ones I wanted were not in stock. He helped me order it almost asking the bearded guy a question every other step of the way. I asked for it to be delivered to the store. We received a call on March 18 that one order was deliver so we picked it up. On March 21 we passed by to check on the other styluses and they said they haven't received it yet. Because the store is so close to the establishments we frequently we passed by again on March 23 and they claimed that it was not in yet.

On March 25, we did the same and I asked why it is taking so long. The lady told me to call your 800 number. I called and was told that their records show the package was received by the store on March 20 and she gave me the tracking number to verify. When I called the store the following day and told them what I found they searched for it but could not get the mailbox open. They called back later to tell me that they did in fact received it on March 20 and did not even bother to apologize for the delay. My wife went to pick it up the following day but they said they have not received it. That is when my wife told them about the calls. Again they have to look for it. I don't understand why this particular store is not focusing on customer service when an Office Depot is less than a mile away. Also, a long time customer I am really disappointed with how the service has grown this bad.

Bad

I brought my computer in to be repaired due to a crash. Jay in the tech department did a restore and couldn't save any of my files or software and I can understand why. When I got it back this Friday it was filled with malware, pop ups, and garbage and it took me 4 hours to get it under control. Bogus software was installed and the computer was slow as molasses going up hill on a winter day. The only bright side was Matt. He took the time on Sat morning to walk me through the fix and I spent the next 3 hours getting my computer fixed. I spent $129.99 and all I got was garbage back. This should never happen. Unless Matt is there and doing any of the repairs I will not bring my computer in to Staples again.

Poor

Ordered a refurbished computer from Staples online. It was to be delivered in 10 working days. I checked my order on their website and it said it would be shipped in 10 working days, so I contacted customer support. It seems the ability to understand English is not a requirement for employment. I asked about it being shipped and told them I would be away two days after the listed shipping date and did that mean it would arrive on that date or be shipped that date. I never did find out, so I phoned and cancelled the order (this was on the second day after the order). The order did not show as cancelled on their website, so I contacted service again by email, they assured me it was cancelled. So, I purchased a replacement elsewhere. Then 12 days after I had ordered the computer was dropped off by UPS. I will NEVER DEAL WITH STAPLES again. Of course I was billed for the computer that had been cancelled.

Horrible

One star rating because it is required, otherwise there would be no stars. Does staples now employ just anyone in a managerial position? Mr. Riley let me know that I was a "neighborhood" customer. I guess that is why he thought that "neighborhood" language and treatment would be tolerated by me...NOT. The worst example of a manager I have ever encountered. I will not give him or that store a penny of my money and will discourage anyone who asks from doing business with Mr. RIley and his store. THE ABSOLUTE WORST EVER!!!!!

Bad

On Feb 03, 2015 I took my Toshiba laptop to the Staples store on 6101 Calhoun Mem Hwy in Easley, SC. Their techical department had the laptop for three days over the weekend. I was called on Monday Feb 2nd and told it was fixed and ready for pickup. I paid $149.99. When I got home Windows 7 would not boot up. After much effort I was able to get it up. Prior to bringing the laptop to Staples I was running MS Security Essentials which failed miserably. I downloaded ZoneAlarm anti-virus and their firewall. (rated #1 by pc magazine) After a full scan the software found a Trojan and several virus's and got rid of them. I then downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. It found 317 malware objects and took care of them.

It said my Windows boot program was corrupted and numerous MS and Windows files were turned off and many corrupted. I was told by the folks at Malwarebytes that if these problems were not addressed the system would crash and it would be non recoverable. There solution was too expensive so I contacted Reimage Repair recommended by Firefox. They are a MS certified partner. So for $34.95 one time fee they cleaned the faulty files, installed fresh healthy files from their parts repository, repaired the damage and ran a stability check making sure the apps were stable and the issues resolved. I dropped off a letter directed to the manager at the Staples store requesting he do the right thing and reimburse the $149.99. They have not responded. Staples computer repair service was terrible, they did not fix my computer.

Horrible

On January 29,2015 I purchased a Wireless Computer Mouse that was on sale for $9.99... along with another Item for just a few dollars more. When I got home I looked over the sales slip and noticed that I was charged $12,99 for the mouse.... I called the store and mentioned this and was told that I should come back to the store within the next day or so and they would refund the #3.00 to me.... Well it's like this.... round-trip back to the store is 11 miles, and time invested to make this trip = about one hour.... I'd spend over half of my refund to pay for gas alone, not to speak of the embarrassment of crying for my three dollars... So if they can't wait for me to complain when I am again in the area, I guess I get it stuck to me one more time.....

Wouldn't it just be nice if they would get their sale items to ring up the right prices when you buy.... Or they might set up a price check area where people could check their items for the proper pricing before the cash register.... This is not the first time this happened, but the last time (about a month ago) I told the guy at the register that my charge can't be right,,, when he rechecked I was right, and he corrected it immediately. I don't know how other people feel, but I hate to get ripped off anywhere these days, especially a Tech. Store where you'd think they got their act together.....

Bad

Dear Staples, I sent a UPS package from your store and also got insurance for peace of mind. When going through the process at the Uniontown, Pa. Staples store I received the very best of customer service and rate that experience A+. The package was sent and in a few days a received notice that the package when received was damaged. Ups states that the box that it was shipped in was not up to UPS standards and will not honor the insurance that was purchased for that item. I then called the CEO of the manufacturer of the item, he stated and that the box that the item was initially shipped in and was designed for that item. The Manufacturer stated that they had no problems or issues with that shipping box. However that is the same box with a Styrofoam mold to hold the item in place while shipping it to the receiver and UPS stated that it was not up to their standards will not honor the insurance that was purchased for that item at the Staples Store in Uniontown, PA. I am calling the president of Staples this morning and I feel most certain that he will look into this matter and resolve it very quickly due to this has been going on for 60 days after I have sent this item and purchased insurance on this item. Staples in Uniontown Pennsylvania have always given my Company excellent customer service for the past 21 year. And I feel confident that I will be writing about my great customer service experience later today.

On 1/20/2015 at 9:05 am till 9:52 am I spoke with Staples Employee Lueas Brown the Exsecutive Customer Service Assistant to the President of Staples. Mr. Brown was very kind and listened to my issue. He then said that he was not able to contact UPS however he would reach out to the staples UPS team of specialists and said that I would receive an email within 48 hours concerning the conversation between UPS and the Staples UPS team. Also Mr. Brown gave me his word that he would call me to read what UPS wrote on the Claim web site in no more than two days. I also asked Mr. Brown if I may speak with the President of Staples, he told me that the Staples President does not speak to anyone with a problem at staples. I am reaching out to the president to call me about this matter. It would make me feel a whole lot better that Mr. Brown conveying to me that he would not be able to speak to anyone at UPS. And when I call UPS they tell me that I must call Staples because that is where I purchased the insurance to send my package. I will keep you posted on Mr. Brown’s phone call, Staples UPS Team’s Email and if the Staples President calls to ask about this matter.
Thanks and God bless, John Hranec – President / CEO - HRANEC INSULATION CORPORATION www.hranec.net / www.johnhranec.com

Poor

Buyer/Shoppers beware that if you spend cash for your product from staples and its over 500.00 dollars you will not get cash back you will receive a corporate check that you will have to wait 14 days for.
I purchase some computer equipment of 1-15-2015 at 104 West Agency Rd. in W. Burlington Iowa I spent $1690.58 cash for the merchandise. Because of the back and forward about whom was going to purchase my daughter computer before she return to college I asked store manager and clerk Joy about Staples return policy and they both stated as long as you bring the product back before 14 days with original receipt that I would receive my money how it was given.( no one mention anything about the return policy because if they had I would of not purchase the product because I know I do not have a checking account) Now this makes me wonder is the only concern is to get the money. When I get to the store on 1/17/2015 two days later I get slap in the face with you can only receive a corporate check back (and a return policy sign posted so small on the checkout counter up front and not on the computer desk counter where I purchase my product) and the kicker is it will take up to 14 business days to receive it. Now is that getting my money back how I gave it? So I explain to the Corporate Manager Richard Clark that I do not have a checking account and no way to cash a check he states go find a check cashing place because there is nothing Corporate can do for you at this point. Now granted I paid cash $1690.58 for my merchandise and now I’m told I have to pay to cash a check to get my money back plus wait 14 day to get it. (Now is that getting my money back how I gave it to them?) I have never experience an issue with getting cash back for a purchase that I paid cash for in my 45 years of living. Now I have to leave another manager at the corporate store Michael a voice mail and wait to see if he will call me back. It not like I spent 100.00 with Staples I spent $ 1690.58 and once they issue a check if I can’t cash it I’m out of 1690.58 when all I was trying to do is get computer equipment for my daughter. So to anyone that’s thinking about going to Staples to purchase a product please be aware of spending you money especially if you have to work hard and two jobs like I do. Will you please spread this to all your social media sites because I think consumers should know before they spend their money at Staples.

Poor

I am writing today to compaint of the poor service I received from your cmpany on February 25, 2014. I work for a health care company that manages about 80% of Monterey and Santa Cruz County, we purchase all of our office supplies from your company. I went into your Watsonvill Store to return two office chairs. The women (Noemi) at the sales counter was not willing to go above and beyond to provide the utmost customer service. Noemi basically told me, “I am doing you a favor,” and abruptly handed me my receipt. Noemi was very rude, the manager (James Conklin) was over hearing our conversation but did not intervene.

I trust this is not the way Staples wishes to conduct business with valued customers-I have been purchasing items from your company for a very long time and have never encounted such treament before. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Judy Cabanban
jcabanban@chp-dod.com
831-722-1444

Poor

Hi there, I am writing as my son (Eric Gagnebin) whom is 22, has a 78 IQ and Central Auditory processing issue. Very little services for kids like him. I normally don’t do this as he needs to do his own thing, advocate for himself but I need to vent. The Social Worker coming out. He has been employed at Stop and Shop since he was 16. No issues. When he was hired two years ago to work in the copy center at the route 9/27 store through Mass Rehab. commission in Framingham Ma. he was so proud to be doing a job that he was trained for. He even showed me letters that people had sent in about him. In the past 6 months, he has been written up several times. He changed departments and trained his replacement at the copy center !!! From what I understand from my son he was never retrained etc. I also under stand he was accused of swearing in front of a customer which he knows right and wrong and would never do. I wonder if the women heard him wrong or if really happended, etc. Regardless, that was the final straw so to speak for Eric. He and I chatted that night when he found out this accusation. He decided to quit. He felt he was being unfairly blamed and just was not feeling it was a good match for him anymore. On his last day he never received a card, Kind words such as it has been nice working with you, etc. The manager of this store nor assistant manager said a thing !!! Is this any way to treat employees???? Just this treatment tells me two things. They did not know how to handle situation or they were glad he was going. As a social worker I am very disappointeted by this behavior and reaction. I will not shop at staples again. I already have friends that use the copy center have decided to move their business else where. Again, I am always amazed by the reactions of people to others and this is one that I will never forget. I always and my son knows this trat others the way you want to be treated. Thanks for letting me vent. Rebecca Neal

Contact the Staples Complaint Department