Customer Satisfaction Results
2.22 out of 5 Stars
18 Consumer Reviews

Citibank
Complaint Department

Citibank is a financial services company whose parent company is Citigroup. At the height of its success there were over 16,000 offices and 243,000 employees in over 140 countries. In 2014 Citigroup reported revenues of US 76 billion and net income of US 7.3 billion.

If you have a problem with your Citibank account you can go to their website or call one of three numbers. Customer service 1-888-248-4226; technical support 210-677-3775 or credit card support 1-800-950-5114. The CEO of Citibank is Barbara Desoe and the CEO of Citigroup is Michael Corbat. If you want to mail them a letter the corporate headquarters address is 3999 Park Avenue, Manhattan, New York 10043. All of this information can be found on their contact page.

Founded ini 1812 as City Bank of New York the corporate slogan is “citi never sleeps” and they were one of the first to bring 24/7 banking to customers with ATM in 1977. In the 2008 financial recession Citibank was one of  four banks to receive stimulus rescue by the United States government. They have social presence with a Twitter address as well as their own downloadable “app”.

Have you had problems with Citibank?

Compare Citibank to Similar Banks more...

Top 18 Reviews about Citibank

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Citibank customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

We have recently signed up with Citibank Admirals Club card and we have been trying to talk to manager or supervisor for the past 2 weeks now and have not been able to speak to anyone yet. The problem that we are having is that we have added a few family members in a short amount of time and have had a lot of activities on our card and the Fraud Department wanted us to fax to Citibank the following three items: 1 - Driver License / 2- Utility bill / 3- Pay stub and we did as per. your company request and we faxed it to the following number (866) 532 - 5470 on April 19, 2016 and was told that it would take 72 hrs for things to get cleared up and so we waited and after 72 hrs. we contacted Citibank and was told that you didn't received our fax!!!

We then requested to speak to a manager but was told that there is no manager available so we asked how we can resolve this matter and was told that we needed to refax the information over to the same fax that was mentioned early. We have refaxed everything that you have requested for the 2nd time now and have spent $12.00 dollars in faxing to you and we followed up with you on May 03, 2016 and was told again that you have not received anything from us! We then asked to speak with a manager and was told again that there is no manager available at this time!

The other problem that we are having with your company is that you folks want a phone number for me that you can verify that it is my account but I only have a cell phone and the account is under my husband name which is a common thing nowadays and you should know that no one really has an account on their own anymore.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED of they level of service that has been provided to us and as you can see that we have paid our account off in full in the short amount of time that we have been with you and we would like to continue to be with Only so we can use the American Airlines Admirals Club. How do we get the information to you directly so you can resolve this matter? Once again we have faxed to you all ready twice and you are still telling us that you didn't received anything from us, we have fax confirmation that our fax was sent to you and that the fax was completed with no problems.

Upvote (0)

I am a Citibank customer. On 03/25/2016 I came to a Citibank at 787 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019. I made a line to be served by a pesonal banker. A banker got off an office & asked, Who is next? I answered, I am. BUT She was taking a person who was behind me & told: I think, He was first. I called a manager, she came & told a banker to serve a person. When I told: I will complain a Citibank headquarters, a manager ignored me to call a security. I ask to investigate this case, after I will fill out a suit against a Citibank because of discrimination case against a white customer by black Citibank employees. Thank for a Citibank discrimination service.

Upvote (0)

First i was a Citibank customer for a least 35 years, I paid all my bills in full. I thought I lost my card. I asked them to cancel it. They did and I received a new card, When i went to activate the card at first they said there was some trouble with your system and to call back the next day. I did. At that time it said i owed 2600.00. I closed that card and they sent another. I decided to close all cards. i started the process to straighten it out buy sending a form back (numerous times) with no response. i tried to speak with many people no results, i was screamed at by your collection dept. stating YOU OWE THAT MONEY!

Sadly I did not. I thought that's the thanks i got for being a loyal customer. I did go to collection and paid whatever i had to because i couldn't stand being harassed and the stress any longer. Also hit by hurricane sandy. The only reason I am writing you is because not only did Citibank rob me of my money but as i go to pay my taxes, my tax rep said i had to pay on the money you robbed from me. I am still seeing red! I tell everyone this story and i let them know not to apply for any of your cards ever!

Upvote (0)

November 17, 2015, call to my residence - requested 2 payments totaling $823. Replied in the negative to caller. Difficulty understanding caller because of heavy, accented English. November 23, 2015, withdrawal of $823 made to my Simmons Bank account. Withdrawal resulted in $1500-1800 overdraft charges at Simmons Bank and legal notification of checks failing to pay. December 7, 2015 repeated calls to Citibank Card Customer Services results in contact with an officer manager who refunds $823 to bank account. The Citibank Card Customer Service refunds interest payments on Citi account to personal bank account $600.

The Citibank Credit Card has 2 payments overdue and I have no money in my bank account on December 25, 2015. My retirement checks have gone to repay overdraft, mortgage and utilities. This problem has not been resolved! My Citibank Credit Card is past due, I am receiving five to six calls daily asking when I will be able to pay. I have not recovered from this fiasco because of my fixed income. Until this incident wiped out my good credit standing, and my good payment standing with Citibank Credit Card; I paid my bills in a timely manner and did not fall behind. As a personal insight, I am a disabled, retired teacher on a fixed income. I cannot at this juncture see my way to regaining my good standing with my bank, my credit card (s) or my credit standing which was 815 before this incident with Citibank.

Upvote (0)

On my last statement for my Citibank credit card, I purchased a hard drive from Best Buy, for 127.18. I returned the drive the next day, and was given a slip showing that my account was credited. When I asked if they needed my credit card to remove order, I was told their would be no need for that, Only when I received my billing statement. for payment it showed $105.99. When I called Citibank customer service phone number and asked what was going I was told that what BEST BUY took off my credit card bill...?

I'm NOW being charged with late fees over and over every month for this problem. I think Citibank does want to make this right. I call Citi on 02/13/2016 trying to get it taken care of, I used one of Citi corporate call centers (1-800-388-2200) the rep person I spoke with tried to explain to me why I was right, by saying that Citi has nothing to do with how my of my money was taken from my credit card. That it was up to me to get the full amount from (Best Buy) because they can do that?

I wanted to know what kind of people are under Citi supervision? I also feel that the card was canceled out and reopened because several times the card (41280037084304) should have (16) numbers. No one wants to admit they made a mistake. I am very disappointed with the services rendered me from (citi). I just want my account made right. Let me state one more thing I have been taken for granted, I was dealing with this problem sense November 2015 I think it's time to clear it up.? I need someone to check billing on my account it's not right.

Upvote (0)

On 27 Jan 16 I received an Email notice that my MasterCard mailing address was changed. As I did not change my address I called 1-800-669-8488 on 27 Jan 16. It took 20 minutes to convince your agent of my identity & that I did not make or authorize the address change. There records show that someone had made it through your automated system 3 times. The first time was to check the account balance. The second call was to change the mailing address, password and order an account statement. The 3rd call was to order a new credit card.

I was informed that my card was deactivated and that my address was corrected back to the original address and no statement or card would be sent to the “new” false address. On 9 Feb I spoke with an agent who informed me that my address was still shown as the false address and that a new card & statement in my name was mailed to the fake address on 28 Jan 16. On 9 Feb I received a call from the Citi fraud department asking if I had authorized a $2000 charge on my “new” Citi card that was mailed to the fake address.

Words cannot express my anger with the Citi “security” failures. Citi failed to protect my card / failed to change my address, mailed my personal info and a credit card to identity thieves. Citi added a bogus address to my credit report that I can’t remove. Citi’s incompetence seems to have no end, and all I was told was “sorry” and my real address was now changed, also I should call the Citi restoration department between 9 A.M – 5 P.M.

Upvote (0)

First of all on-line messaging and on-line chat are of absolutely no value. I have used those services many times and never once were they able to help me. Now, on 3 separate occasions I have had my Debit card restricted by the Citibank Fraud Department. The fraud I've reported the three time I'm referencing were simple vendor mistakes. They were not FRAUD in my opium, but all 3 times a restriction was placed on my debit card. In the past the restriction were taken off via a phone call to customer service. Well today I was told I had to go to a branch to have the restrictions removed. The closest Citibank branch to me is 60 miles away. This is very inconvenient for me.

Upvote (0)

i opened a merchants tire account in September 2015 for some work done on my wife's car. i made my payments on October 24,2015, November 7, 2015 and December 4,2015. On December 31st i called customer service to confirm whether or not the payment made on December 4th was applied towards the January bill as it was intended to be. After a careful and review of my account by the representative, I was told that the payment in fact would be applied towards the January 2, 2016 bill and that no other action is required by me. However, a few days after the January due date i received a message asking me to call about my account.

Upon speaking with another representative i was told that the January payment was past due and a late fee had been applied to my account and that payment was demanded. i informed the rep. of what the previous representative told me on the 31st of December but i was told that was incorrect and that i still needed to make the January payment. i spoke with another representative and was told that the late fee would be removed but would still be applied towards my balance and that i still needed to make the January payment. I informed them all again that the payment had been made and that i should not be liable for late fees due to incorrect information being told to me by the first representative i spoke with on December 31st.

I have been getting messages and calls demanding the payment. can you please help me resolve this matter.

Upvote (0)

Deposited a check on 10-22 and noticed it never showed up on my Oct. statement. Went to Hickey Branch in Daly City and asked the teller why I didn't see a credit to my account on 11-10. He asked his branch mgr. and was told to tell me that it was on hold and that the check is okay and will show up on my Nov. statement. Came the Nov. statement and it still didn't show up. I even called cust. svce. and they see it as a check that was credited to my account but I told them it never was credited cuz I didn't see it on my Nov. statement. They wrote me a letter with the copy of the check and said it has been deposited. Called on 12-9 and Ashley from Citibank customer service and she said the check was not good and there was insufficient funds.

I was livid because I knew the payor was an insurance co. and they wouldn't write me a bad check. Why would they do that, it would be bad reputation for their business. I thought back and told her the mgr. didn't give me much attention on 11-10 because he was concerned about a customer who was angry out in the lobby about the long line. Ashley said all he had to do was to check the screen more carefully and he would've saw the check was okay. Finally called again and got Laci from Kentucky from the help desk and she said the check was good and Ashley was misguided in telling me it was a bounced check. I don't think I should have to go through 6 wks. of aggravation when the mgr. at Daly City, Hickey branch could've done his due diligence to ascertain that my check good and should've credited it to my account.

I was livid because I was about to called the payor, insurance company, and yell at them for writing me a bad check since Ashley said it was a bad check. How would that make me look! Waste of my time and undue aggravation. I don't want to go back to that Citibank branch again.

Upvote (0)

I have power of attorney over my fathers account. have sent copies since Sept to the Citibank customer service department. As of today I have been unable to confirm whether or not these documents have been rec'd and processed. I have left several messages to the claims line to the phone numbers 718-824-6283, 718 409 2486, and 718 824 7341 and no one has returned my calls.

Upvote (0)

We understand that CITI BANK not want to take responsibility for the mistake made when sent us 160 checks with wrong account number. We will bear material mistakes made by Citi bank but just want to say we feel ashamed that we were customers for 31 years of this crook bank with out any responsibility. We did call few times but CITI Bank ignores our request for an excuse latter we can mail it to our debtors.

Upvote (0)

I have taken dial for cash for the amount of RM3900. During the phone conversation rate offered was 5.8% per annum and I agreed for a duration of one year. However, The statement I received is for 3 years at 10.9% p.a. I feel angry and cheated. The person who contacted me was by the name of Tracey. Citibank should fire her for cheating me.

Upvote (0)

I have made an online fund transfer of AUD 4,000 on 04-Aug-2015 and another transfer of AUD 5,000 on 06-Aug from my SYDNEY Citibank to my daughter's ANZ bank SYDNEY account. At time of writing, my daughter has not receive any funds Note: I made similar online transfer of AUD250 to a China Merchant Bank in Chengdu on 04-Aug and the fund ws received on 05-Aug. I have spoken with Citibank customer support and they are useless.

Upvote (0)

Citibank admitted to Double Dipping my bank account but would not reimburse me the Overdraft fees but did give back the double dipped amounts. I had a $1200 limit and was paying More than the Minimums due to keep Interest Down and pay off the balances Early. I paid it off once, Had 3 late payments due to I was moving at the times they were late and could not get to a computer on time. But they did it to me 6 times. Just as the No Interest were about up, they held taking money out of my accounts until 10 days later making the payments Late. Thus they could now add the Back Interest and jack up the % to the %25 (24.99).

They are the Only Company that I have dealt with that don't have some kind of Grace Period. I made one more purchase and while paying it off, I notice the Balance was Not going down but Up... When I called to ask why....Late Fees and Late Payments. Tho I have no Paper work to back me on this, My last Payment of $75 was made on the 3rd of the month and they did not count it until the 13th. I did have a balance left but not for the $250 of the last purchase... The rest was ALL Interest totaling $2300. Got served papers from the Debt Collector who bought the Written Off Debt and say I now OWE THEM $3200 including Court Fees...

I have a Great Track Record of paying my bills On Time, paying them Off Early and Paying More then the Minimums. Had a Credit Score of 750 and is now 345 because of all of this BS with CitiBank. I Look at it like this... CitiBank Wrote it Off, Got there money back from the tax write off and were done dealing with it. Along comes this Debt Collector and Buys Citibanks Garbage. Now the Collector is trying to sell this to me and is mad I'm not buying it and Denying I owe them anything. They Bought it knowing Full Well it was Garbage and a Gamble to try and make any money on it in the first place. I just hope and Pray that the Judge will see it this way also.

And if my Debt to Citibank was So High and Not Paid Off...Why then did they Issue me another Credit Card?Now it's My word against theirs. Gee I wonder who will win?

Upvote (0)

Citi bank has my wrong date of birth when I phone them and cant get information on my account. I live in Australia and they hang up on me on a regular basis. I get put through to a foreign country for help but they get confused, which leads to them hanging up on my complaint because it must be to difficult to deal with. I just wont an Australian to fix my date of birth problem. this has been going on for years. my account is in arrears and they are defaulting it because of this phone problem im having.

Upvote (0)

I called Citi Premiermiles Customer Service phone line after receiving an sms text message stating that I have an outstanding credit card balance of RM18.89 due by today (30-Apr). Firstly, I did not receive the statement and wasn't aware of this outstanding balance until receipt of the sms text. As I do not track all my credit card statements from different banks, I pay on sighting the statements. Once in a while, even with other banks the statements fail to arrive, and when that happens and payment is missed, all it takes is a phone call and the issue is handled satisfactorily.

I fail to understand why CITIBANK'S policy is so rigid and unfriendly that it must insist on freezing my credit card over RM18.89, despite my untarnished payment track record and my repeated request to your customer service personnel to put forth a request to allow me to pay by Tuesday as I am away and no where near Citibank to make this payment. If over such an insignificant amount Citibank sees the need to freeze the use of a member's card which has continues spending with no outstanding balance and more often than not a record of credit balance in the payment, it is no wonder you are not a sought after card amongst your competitors and your sales representatives have to plead to mall shoppers (like myself) to please give the card and the bank a try and test out the service.

I am disappointed that you see it fit to treat your card member so carelessly. It is really your bank's lose if you fail to see the implication of your action and persist that your policy is defensible. I urge you to listen to the phone recording between myself and your personnel to hear for yourself how irritating your personnel's conversation is.

Upvote (5)

I just received a collection call from your online services. It stated I owed $71. That is outrageous to receive a collection call two times at my office when I worked out the total amount due with one of your customer representatives. I put a payment in through online that same day to be posted on May 1, 2015 before the amount is due. Everything is clearly set up online and can be seen, but the collection call was made anyway?!!!

I called your customer service and when he agreed that everything looked fine, he could not answer why I got the call and said he would send me to the collection department (goose chase) and could not tell me why I was being contacted. He did not even express any regret on behalf of the company as a result of the clear violation of federal law.

How can your company call me to address an amount due that is not due? When I tried to get a supervisor, I was left on hold and the operator continued to tell me I had to hold until I could not hold any longer as I am at work and do not have time to sit on the phone.

I am sending you this complaint and hope to hear back from you as to how you can harass good clients without justification.

Upvote (0)

Agreement was made on 19th Jan 2015 and Citi consultant assured that the amount will be credited on the same day. I have informed them that this is urgent for me for my marriage shopping. I am following up with the consultant and her manager for past 2 days, but the only response is it will be done soon. Today, they are not even answering the call. This is very urgent for me and I need the amount to be credited today itself.

Reference No: 1890890171-ALPS905