Customer Satisfaction Results

CarMax

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Mar 07, 2012
Customer Rating

I bought a 2006 Pacifica in 2009; I also bought their Maxcare Extended Warranty. The car has shut off without warning >20 times. It has been taken into CarMax and the Chrysler Dealers; numerous times, “repairs” have been made. Yet the car continues to shut off without warning. Furthermore, CarMax has stated they cannot recreate the problem so the car is fine.

I’m afraid for my safety, the safety of my family and the safety of others driving around me. CarMax’s response is there is nothing they can do but they will buy my car back for less than 1/2 of what I paid for it and less than what is still owed on the car, and for me to buy another car from them. I mean they’ve got to be kidding me!!

The Maxcare Extended Warranty is still in effect but it seems like CarMax is trying to ignore me as long as they can until the warranty expires and they no longer have to do anything. If I had the luxury of taking the car to a junk yard and buying a new one I would do it tomorrow! But here I am a hazard on the road driving this death vehicle, because it’s my only means of transportation.

I have contacted a lawyer; I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Attorney General.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Did CarMax provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about CarMax?

Compare CarMax to Similar Car Dealerships more...

More CarMax Complaints

Customer Rating

Purchased a vehicle at carmax of Fayetteville and a little more than a week later the engine light comes on all of a sudden. So I wanted to try to trade it back in and when I get there the salesman Richard I spoke to never even held the vehicle I told him I was interested in. Never have a I seen such rude customer service in my life, and I was shocked at what I heard. He pretty much said your five days are up suck it up and deal with the car that you bought. Never will I go to carmax again and I will be telling friends and family members to do the same!

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

carmax in irvine ca.My situation with CarMax has left me traumatized and leery of business with them any further.I am currently hostage to poor customer service and bad business ethics.They have dragged out a problem created by them on going for a month now. I have never been so grossly treated by a gentleman name Jose in the service department which has only been surpassed by the manager marco.

Whos behavior is so outrageously rude and is shocking he represents the CarMax name.Im pregnant,have two children and a husband with a rental car that is costing us 25 dollars per day in insurance costs.I had to seek medical attention today due to the fact ive been so brutally disrespected and left TRAUMATIZED.The situation is out of control and i am on the verge of seeking punitive damages.I would like the situation resolved Asap.

Customer Rating

Thursday on May 25th I visited A Carmax on US 19 in Clearwater. I spoke to a friendly sale man about shopping for an economy car and he directed me to the first row of cars on the lot. He said if I had any Questions come see him. So I checked the inventory and to my surprise the sticker price’s were marked up the same way when these cars were brand new. For example: A 2008 Chevy Colbalt went for $13,000.00. The same car on Carmax today lot went for the same price with 32k on the odometer. WHAT A RIP OFF MAN. I Walked off the lot at Carmax and shall never return.

Customer Rating

The carmax store manager refuses to return our calls or our money back “deposit” for a new car that we were going to buy from them. It’s been 10 days since we first went to the dealer to purchase the car. Three days latter we decided to cancel everything, since then we have been trying to recover our money from carmax, but it’s impossible because they do not want to talk to us or inform us of what is going on with our money. What should we do about this problem?

Customer Rating

So today I (reluctantly) went to carmax and their “car buying center” to see and get a price on my car. It was a brand new camaro I had just won from a contest, and figured carmax would give me a decent price for it. Boy was I wrong! After I waited like cattle in the waiting room with all the other poor saps, they offered me about 40% of what my car is worth on the blue book prices. I”m not expecting retail, but jeez carmax don’t waste my time with this ripoff crap. So after seeing the offer, I shopping around town and found out that the market isn’t really good for selling anything right now. Bad economy = car prices way down.

After browsing around I drove back to carmax, where this little snitch lady gave me some more lip about the way carmax works. I didn’t even care, but put up with it because I needed the cash. I asked her if I could use the phone, and she said “later”. Then went to work on the paperwork. About 5 minutes in the jerk lady told me she was having problems with their computer system, so she couldn’t buy the car. Problems with the computer system? Really carmax what a ripoff! So you drag me there, waste me time, give me lip by some pissed off lady who hates her job, then your system crashes and you can’t do anything. Joking right? Wrong.

Regardless of all that bs, listen to me well, carmax car buying centers are a total ripoff! If you like waiting in a room like a daycare, getting the run around and excuses on why they can’t offer you crap for your car, then encounter more rude employees and bs, then by all means check out carmax and let them buy your car! Otherwise go to a reputable dealership (if there is such a thing left), you’ll have better luck with non-corporate monkeys.

Customer Rating

Bought a truck from Carmax. 4 days later, tie rods replaced and alignment needed. One week later rear axle leak. All supposedly checked during 125 point Carmax inspection. Service mngr tells me they actually don’t check everything unless technician feels the need. How do you check tie rods or alignment without lifting vehicle up or putting on alignment machine? Had these things been done, they also would have noticed rear axle leak. Called Customer no service. No help. Will be talking to attorney next. STAY AWAY FROM CARMAX !!

Customer Rating

Carmax started out with a vision to change the way cars were sold and repaired. Company motos like ” Happy associate make happy customers and happy customers make happy stock holders” and ” accept no defect, create no defect, pass on no defect” were words to live by. Now under new management and reacting to a poor economy, Carmax has resorted to the same cost cutting tactics that give all used car lots bad reputations. Quality used cars are a thing of the past at carmax, all they sell now is pain and frustrations just like everybody else.

I am seeing more and more complaints online about carmax and their buying procedures. Apparently they have set up all this scam “buying” locations just to rip people off. They claim they will give you a fair price, but then don’t do anything except insult you and try to ripoff what decency is left in their company. I guess they have to totally undercut everybody else they feel like! Just beware of their sales tactics and the fact that if you do go, you will not get customer service. I am all about companies making an easy buck, that seems to be the American way, just don’t go lying about being all about the customer, because you aren’t!

Contact the CarMax Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to CarMax. What is their corporate mailing address?

12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, VA 23238
  • I want to call the CarMax customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

804-747-0422
  • I need to visit the CarMax company website. What is their website address?