Duke Energy Customer Service

Contact Duke Energy Corporate

Toll free phone number: 704-594-6200

Welcome to the Duke Energy complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Duke Energy online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Duke Energy corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Duke Energy Contact Information

• Duke Energy headquarters address

• 550 South Tryon Street
    • Charlotte
    • NC 28202

704-594-6200

Browse reviews of other Utility Services

Top Duke Energy Complaints

I was driving down hopemills rd in Fayetteville approx 7.15pm on July 10th 2019 and a person driving your service bucket truck was erratically driving in both lanes and changing lanes at 70mph. He literally changed lanes three times in less than thirty seconds. When trying to go around said truck with my motorcycle your driver changed lanes once again and almost killed me. When asked why he's going so fast I was given a thumbs up. I do not wish any harm to drivers but if I was to have been killed by your truck I do not think he would have even stopped. Do better. The gentleman was an older African American male in his late fifties early 60s and shouldn't be allowed to operate yal vehicle if he cannot observe the posted speed limit of 45mph. I have made a formal complaint to you and the police Dept and will be notifying ncdot tomorrow and will be filing a formal complaint w them as well. A person following me was an osha inspector and was my first contact at the gas station to make sure I was alright. Keep that maniac off the road!

Will be finding a new electric supplier. The most rude customer service team in the entire world! I asked for a supervisor 5 times before actually getting one. Their deposit is bull shit. They don’t tell you upfront what the deposit is nor do. My paperwork said $0 deposit and now all the sudden they are trying to get a $105 for a $20 electric bill.

I have been trying to get a bill from Duke energy since Jan 2019. I keep getting the run around everybody in customer service gives me a different answer. A new meter was installed and I was told it was not connecting to the main office. This make since if didn't pay my power it would be cut off. You can't reach anybody with authority.

I CALLED IN ON FEB THE 22 I HAD JUST SPOKE WITH SOMEONE BEFORE I PAY MY BILL SHE CONFIRM THAT I HAD TO PAY $132.OO SO I PAYED THAT I CALLED AFTER TO CHECK IT AND SPOKE WITH A TEAM LEADER SHE THEN ADVISE ME THAT WAS GOOD ENOUGH I HAD TO PAY THE WHOLE $299.00.PRIOR TO THAT I HAD JUST PAID 200 SO THE SYSTEM TOLD ME I HAD 132.OO LEFT TO PAY AND NOT 299..SHE SAY I WAS NOT MEETING MY AGREEMENT...SO I WENT BACK AND PAID THE REMAING BALANCE AND THEN CALLED BACK IN THE LADY I SPOKE WITH WAS THE ONE I TALK TO EARLIER ABOUT PAYING THE 132.00 I TOLD HER WHAT HAPPENED AND SHE SAY THAT WAS NOT CORRECT THE 132.00 WAS FINE AND MY SERVICE WAS GOOD BECAUSE THE TEAM LEADER SAID I WOULD BE UP FOR DIS CONNECTION IF IT WAS NOT PAY BY THE 28...SHE HAD A NASTY ATTITUDE AND WAS LIKE I CAN GIVE U AN EXT MY THING IS IF I DIDNT MEET MY AGREEMENT WHY WOULD YOU GIVE ME AN EXT I THOUGHT IF YOU DIDNT MEET YOUR AGREEMENT THAT YOU WOULD NOT BE QUALIFY FOR AN FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS

My service has been cancelled as of 2/1/2019 and I paid my final bill and I am still getting bills that are $20.00 higher each time and when I call customer service (3 different times) I am informed that I do not owe anything. So why am I still getting bills.
Please stop sending me emails that I owe something on a closed account

My name is Tierra Rogers I called the 919 508-5400 number 1/11/2019 the information in the computer who I spoke too. I was just asking how could I get help with my light bill what are my options so the first lady was nice talk to me put a supervisor on the phone said she could not help me. So I called back talk to someone name Tamakia I asked her to talk to the same supervisor she said ok put me on hold the come back to the phone and say the supervisor refuse to talk to u so I told her to hold on so I could record the conversation she stated again the supervisor refused to speak with me I was not rude or disrespectful so I ask what is he name she said Sorena that is how she spelled it for me I do not know if it is the right name cause I let her know also I was recording she said he was not allowed to give me a last name but the supervisor tells her she can set me up with a payment plan. My point is if she do not want help why is she a supervisor I work in the hospital it is plenty of times I am not in the mood but I still treat people with respect i want to know the reason she did not want to talk what did I do wrong and I know it can get busy but being a supervisor u are a leader it is just mind blowing especially being in customer service u refusing help. Thanks for your time hopefully it will not happen to anyone else if u do something about it or not

when your service man came to my house at 325 Regency Road, Salisbury, NC to work on my power box, he
dug a trench down the middle of my drive and just left it. I called and reported this on 10/17/2018 at 3:02 to Ty.
I have heard nothing. I need gravel spread over this trench so that it will not keep getting larger.
Carolyn Biddix

Do you have my previous e-mails requesting how the billing that I have been receiving works? I have asked with no response to my questions. I have received bills two months in a row now with no understanding as to what to pay if anything. Would these bills simply be a record of what has been used or what? Why has no one responded to my e-mails? Why has no one explained anything to me? I do not want a phone call at this point I want it in writing so there is no denial at a latter date like there has been so far. We would like for someone to explain what is going on. Is there someone monitoring my meter? This ACCOUNT NUMBER is 68216 45369. There is in fact a solar meter adjoining my electrical system. There must be some data regarding this instrument and its function.

Kurt Lenz
Deland, Florida 32720
kurtannylenz@outlook.com

I don't understand that my single trialer can have a electric bill of $396.20. my daughter place is connected to a a three bedroom house( it's like a studio) . So she had 2 wall units in her studio and in the house they had 2 wall units. The electric for both place was on the same bill n there bill at the highest was 260. Reminding you that that 4 wallunits running day and night a 69 degrees. Now you tell me how my single one bedroom trialer . Is over $200 more . Then a 3 bedroom house and a garage (that was a into studio apartment) billl. Duke energy is taking advantage of a poor old cripple women who is on disability. They just don't care . I going to call the local news about this . Cause clearly they are ripping me off

rude and malicious customer service rep Daneelle workID # 4070607 -- supervisor - Charles Lockette

I am filing a FORMAL COMPLAINT to corporate on these 2 ASAP from my experience on 01/30/2018

In August there were contract workers for Duke Energy running a new line to a light on the street.
They had to cross my backyard. Unfortunately they tore up the gate to the back yard with the backhoe or other large machinery that
they needed to bury the line.
I was at work and did not find this until weeks later.
my address is 608 Wedgedale Ave Greensboro NC 27403
The repair was for a light post in front of my house. The men were from another company doing the work so I cannot give you a name.
I would like the chain link gate replaced and installed.
Please respond
Vickie Barkley 336-312-4412 the account may still be in my husbands name who died. I have requested a change
of name. The account is 0000437661

First of all Duke Energy asks for donations over my bill to help people, I have never been offered help when I need it. Second I forgot what the last date to pay my bill was and you came to my store/resident to shut off but didn't if paid that day which I did pay part of bill. Since my account is store/resident in the back of store, I didn't think you would shut off during winter. could my account show that I am store/resident and not just store? Terrible customer support as well.

I have talked to Duke Energy at length about my bill, it seems to go up and down every month with no hope of changing. I have also written a letter to the company hoping that they would help out other customers like myself. At the end of the day my power is not something I can really control.

Have feedback for Duke Energy?