Qatar Airways

Latest Complaint

michelle ramani
01-16-2015 2:13 pm

They force you provide complete info of your cc. According to McAfee, they steal your information on their website QatarComplaints.com

Do you have a problem with Qatar Airways?

Customer Rating

Website

www.qatarairways.com

More Qatar Airways Complaints

04-05-2014 11:00 pm

Dear Sirs, Last November (2013) I bought a ticket online to New Delhi India. I normally fly Qatar airways business class and I do this trip to india at least once a year. I aknowledge that I bought my ticket on a promotional price as well as that it was refundable. The ticket number is 157-2311620187. Unfortunately it has happened this time that I could not make it due to serious personal reasons but not healthy ones. I found out this quite early and I contacted your Greek Office (almost 3 weeks prior my trip) as I am based in Greece to inform them and ask them to change my dates as I would travel to the same destination either in February 2014 or October 2014. Even though as I already informed you I am flying Qatar frequently and always business class the way they have treated me can be considered as below average. They told me that there is nothing they can do as it is very clear that the ticket was not refundable. If you check the my history within your company I have neither changed nor cancelled flights so far and of cource I was expecting a kind of flexibility from your side especially because I haven’t requested any refund but just a change in the dates.
I asked to speak with a supervisor but the customer service employee told me that there is no point as nothing will change. She suggested me instead to call 3 days prior my trip and submit a fake medical certificate to show that I am ill and I cannot travel so in this case they can reconsider about giving me the opportunity to change my dates. Is this your way to pay back someone’s honesty? By the time I called (3 weeks before) the same lady confirmed that my ticket was cancelled which gave you the possibility to resell it and I am certain that you did so.
I have also contacted your headquarters (in Doha) at the end of January to discuss with a manager but nobody came back to me.
I have already missed the second chance to travell in India this February because all this is still pending.
I feel that the least I deserve is to speak with a manager and I am expecting prior handing over this issue to my lawyers somebody to give
me a call. Unfortunately I don’t want to speak with the greek office any longer and to be in the difficult position to face their ironic attitude as well as kiddy suggestions of providing fake documents etc. For your information I have placed my complain to the greek office in written on January 16 (it is in Greek and says the above) and I recieved a reply from Mrs. Paleologou on Febrouary 3d which was just repeating the content of our communication and that there is nothing they can do. Even though this communication is all in Greek I can forward it to you upon your request.
My contact number is +971555169040
E-Mail: annaneti1@gmail.com

05-03-2013 11:00 pm

i have booked an online ticket with qatar airways ref no 38GKIF but after 3days i have got a phone call from qatar airways saying that my booking is cancelled because there was some technical error on their system and in return they offer me a 50% discount on fresh booking i agree to them and now they email me with new booking price which is 951£ as offer but the same fare is showing on their current site (qatar airways) SO where is your promise gone ,this is like playing hide &seeek with the clients ,how can a an award winning airline do this types of things with their clients .also they tried to break the law by cancelling the ticket without my consent ,but now our law in u.k is geeting weaker and weaker day by day like cancer

05-02-2013 11:00 pm

Dear Sir or Madam,
We travelled to Iran for holidays with Qatar Airline tickets : LEE/ TANHOOI Ticket Number QR 1573295180879 and BEE/ WONGCHOO Ticket Number QR 1573295180880.We are on holidays with Gashttour Trave and Tours for 8 days tour in Iran.
We are greatly disappointed,frustrated mentally, physically and time affected factors after the delay of our luggage on 25/4/2013 at Tehran Khomeini Airport.We arrived at Tehran airport at 0435 and waited for more than 3 hours at airport to check for our luggages and later informed our luggages didnot arrived and Qatar staffs will delivered to us in hotel that we stayed.

Our agony begins due to waiting for confirmation of our luggages. Our travel programme and time are greatly affected.We didnot have time to visit Kelardasht as scheduled in our tour itinerary. Our mental and physical agony as all our cloths and requirements are in our luggage bags.
Wong Choo Bee luggage bags number : QR 589087 ,QR 589088 and Tan Hooi Lee luggage bag number : QR 589046 .
We collected our luggage bags as mentioned as above on 27/4/2013 and we made a complained in the airport Qatar department .Statement was recorded by the airport staff and he phoned to his officer and informed us that we will replace with compensation as witnessed by both of us and our tour guide Mr Ali Nasirzadeh Telephone number 00989173134366.Again we spent more than 3 hours to collect our luggage bags waiting for the airport staff in office and made the statement of delay of arrival of luggage.The airport staff gave us the address : Qatar Central Office ,Sayeh Tower next to Mellat Park ,ValiAsr Street ,Tehran Tel No : 021-55678084 . We leaved our guide contact to the airport staff .

We continued our tour to Hamedan, Isfahan and Yazd. Later our guide Mr Ali Tel No. 00989173134366 received phone call from Qatar office that we are able to collect our compensation in Qatar office in Tehran .We are advised by our tour guide to bring along passport to claim the compensation.

When our final tour destination in Tehran we went to the Qatar airways management office and greatly surprise that our statement of complaint on 25/4/2013 and 27/4/2013 of delayed of delivery of luggage bags were not reported to the management officer.Again we have to make a new complaint to Qatar Airways Management , Valiasr Street , Tehran , Iran .Tel No +982122019906 Email : szojaji@ir.qatarairways.com.

We are greatly disappointed with Qatar service and again with the time to go to the office and making a new complainted affected our tour itinerary . We are not able to visit Archaeological Museum ,the PreIslam archeological museum.

Hope our agony, disappointment , frustration, mentally , physical inconveniences and our tour itinerary are all affected badly will be heard and considered.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wong Choo Bee

Sent from my iPad

04-15-2013 11:00 pm

Am the above mentioned person who traveled with Qatar airline on the night of 23rd March from Dubai to Doha to connect for my flight to Nairobi.
On that fateful day,i lost my small white paper bag that contained my personal clothings which were lapped with a black plastic paperbag which was rapped well with a masking tape,
I would like to request if it can be traced in any of your safe lost and found warehouses stores,and i will appreciate.
Am looking forward to get a positive response from your desputable air carrier the soonest.
Kind regards,
James Thagana.
+181 7601 4275.

04-07-2013 11:00 pm

Myself Shivpreet Warraich(36 years) and my son Anmol Baidwan(7 Years) going to narrate you about our stressful and extra tiring journey from India to Ottawa through Qatar Airways. On April 2 at 4:00 am we boarded on Plane from Amritsar to Doha Flight No: QR 299. Then we took Plane from Doha to Washington Flight No: QR 51 which took off late from the scheduled time and then landed late in Washington. Due to this we missed our connecting flight for Ottawa (Flight No: UA 6101) and got boarding passes for Washington to Toronto (Flight No: UA 5926Y) and then for Toronto to Ottawa (FlightNo: AC 472Y). The time for boarding was 8:10 pm but boarding started at 8:50 pm. Then plane took off at 9:30 pm instead of 8:40 pm but due to some problem in plane it could not fly and came back to Gate No C24R. Arrangement was made for a new plane which then took off at 10:50 pm so Flight was late for 2 hrs. Due to this delayed flight I missed my next connecting flight from Toronto to Ottawa (Flight No: AC 472Y). I talked to one of the Air Canada’s Agent (as no other agent was present)and he said my plane was missed due to United Airlines so its not Air Canada’s responsibility and I should talk to United Airlines Agent and he told me I have to wait till 5:00 am as all agents were gone. Then as I and my 7 yrs old son were too much tired and can’t wait for another 7 hrs as the next flight for Ottawa was at 7:00 am and as I was not sure whether we will get seat in this flight or not, I decided to hire some Taxi for Ottawa and pay 450 dollar fare to taxi driver. So please I need refund from airlines.
Thankyou very much
Shivpreet kaur warraich

02-23-2013 11:00 pm

Dear Madam, Sir. As a frequent flyer (and gold-member in 2012) with Qatar Airways during the past 5 years I need to report an incident which has caused me a lot of problems and inconvenience due to the ignorance and non-flexibility of your ground staff at the Premium Terminal in Doha.

Let me start from the beginning. On February 22, 2013, I arrived in Doha with a late inbound connection (QR94) from Vienna. The scheduled arrival time was 18.20 hrs. The actual arrival time then was 18.47 hrs. On the plane I told the purser already that I have a connecting flight to Manila at 19.25 hrs (QR648). I have been told not to worry as the purser will inform dispatch immediately on arrival. That’s what she actually did as soon as the doors of the plane were opened.

As the plane was parked very close to the Premium Terminal it took only 3-4 minutes to arrive at the terminal. According to my watch I arrived at the terminal at 19.00 hrs, which was 25 minutes prior to departure of my connecting flight to Manila (QR648).

Coming inside the terminal I had been expected by your ground staff already just to tell me immediately that I cannot board my scheduled flight anymore, even I was carrying only hand-luggage. I asked why I cannot board the plane 25 minutes prior to departure anymore, but didn’t get an understandable reply. I told to your ground staff that they could bring me by limousine/car straight to the plane as the plane was still on the ground and there was still time until the plane will depart. I haven’t been heard, just being ignored.

I begged that I have to catch this flight, as I was on the way to my own wedding in Manila the next morning. Nobody seemed to care and I was just told to take the next flight (QR646) to Manila which was supposed to leave 8 hours later.

Due to that I had missed my own wedding which caused a lot of problems and inconveniences to me, as I had to cancel all arrangements and disinvite all the 124 guests which have been invited. Not to talk about the financial loss due to the cancellation of all arrangements.

I need to tell you that I am very dissatisfied and disappointed about what happened, especially because I had experienced that none of my previous outbound flights to Manila during the last 5 years had left exactly on time. That means that even in my situation there would have been enough time to bring me to the plane, if your ground staff would have been willing to.

Because of what happened and the ignorance of your ground staff I will cancel all my future flights with Qatar Airways and return my privilege-card as well. I do not need to tell you that I had spent a lot of money during the past five years in travelling on business-class with your airline, as you can find that out on checking my records. Other airlines try any effort to put their customers on their scheduled flights, even with a bit of delay. So my next choice of airline will be Emirates or Etihad as they serve the same destinations.

If you are interested to keep me as a customer, I expect – beside an explanation how such an incident could have happened – a compensation for my troubles and inconveniences as I was not able to attend my own wedding and had to rebook all arrangements.

As a deadline for your reply I will note down March 25, 2013. A very dissatisfied frequent flyer.

Sincerely
Guenter Krenn

01-21-2013 11:00 pm

I want to refund my balance of one way trip out of my round trip from delhi rome delhi. While check-in at igi, delhi airport i request for assistance services at stopover and destination airports due to my eye sight is too poor but nobody can come to assist me at Doha as well as Rome. More over my flight QR233 is delayed and onward journey provided thru QR79 instead of QR87 and my stopover time was 5-6 hours at doha. Nobody can help us for food, assistance or beverages. So, i really disappointed, and wants to refund my return ticket as i can not want to face these type of service further anymore.

Regards,
Baljit Kaur
BOOKING REF 4WBGMU

01-06-2013 11:00 pm

My wife was booked business class on a flight from JFK to Mumbai on 2 January, 2013. The airline cancelled her flight due to mechanical problems, and booked her business class on Qatar Flight# 84, JFK to Doha, connecting to Qatar flight 200 to Mumbai. When we arrived at the Qatar business class check in at JFK at 1700 hrs. on 2 January, we were treated in the most hostile, rudest and unprofessional manner I have ever experienced in my 40 years of flying. Even though my wife had documents with Qatar Airways logo, showing she was confirmed on the flight and even had a seat assigned in business class, she was denied boarding. Instead, it seemed the Qatar agents where more concerned that we were holding up the check in line, even though no one was behind us. Someone named “Aio” ( or something like that. Short, heavy and aesthetically challenged), started yelling that, “you are not our passenger. We are only concerned with our passengers” She then threatened to call the police, claiming that we were “harassing” her. She and her colleagues at JFK are a disgrace as the representatives of Qatar Airways in New York. Qatar Airways should never allow this to happen to another customer again. Ever. Thank you, Dr. Marc Sommer

01-03-2013 11:00 pm

1. I purchased a ticket travelling from Barcelona to Melbourne (23/12/2012 via Doha)with Qatar airways because of their supposedly good reputation. I bought it at a considerablely higher cost than normal solely because of the 1 hour transfer waiting time at Doha.
2. The flight left Barcelona one hour late (16.30) which resulted in me missing the transfer at Doha. Knowing that the flight was arriving late, I asked the flight attendents for advice. They showed no interest in helping me and reluctantly told me to ask for advice once we landed.
3. Once landed ( at 23.30, 90 minutes late), I ran straight to the departure gate for the Doha- Melbourne leg only to see the gate had closed 10 minutes previously. An airport security guard directed me to the Qatar Airways transfer desk, where I waited 4 hours until I was allocated a hotel room where subsequently there were major construction works going on right outside my room. Needless to say I didn´t sleep.
4. When I purchased my ticket I reserved an emergency exit seat for the Doha-Melbourne leg because of the 13 hour flight duration. But when I was allocated a seat the following day for the replacement flight (23.55, 24/12/2012) I was given a normal seat without extra leg room. What´s more I was seated along side a man who was drunk even before the plane had taken off. It was visibly clear the man was drunk but the flight attendents continued to serve him alcohol whenever he requested it.. After seven hours he was so drunk he laid down on the floor between the rows literally beneath my feet for the remaining five hours. When I directed this to the attention of the flight attendents they did absolutely nothing.
Not only was this the worst flight I have ever experienced it also resulted in me missing xmas day with my family, which was terribly upsetting.
I hope to receive an immediate response from Qatar Airways informing me on how I am to be compensated for this maltreatment and totally unprofessional service. If I don´t recieve an immediate response with suitable compensation Iwill leave the manner in the hands of my lawyers.

01-03-2013 11:00 pm

I sent an email via your website back on 22 Nov 2012. More than 6 weeks later I have still not had any response to my issue.

Back in August my partner and I made a booking through Flight Centre to fly Melbourne/Heathrow on 6th September 2012, returning 30th October 2012. An issue arose whereby his expired passport read his name as ***** *****, the name in which we booked the tickets. When renewing his passport, the Department of Immigration would only issue in the name of ********** *****, as per his birth certificate. We do not understand how this problem occurred, however, after several discussions on the phone to Qatar, and a visit into the City to Head Office, we were advised your company could only change up to 3 letters and not 5. Our travel agent also tried to no avail.

I find this policy absolutely ludicrous as it was totally out of our control. I don’t see how 2 extra letters would have been such a hard thing to change. We were even prepared to pay a nominal fee for this to happen.

Due to travel rules and regulations of having to match a booking to your passport name, we were advised we could risk travelling but possibly be denied travel by Qatar staff at the airport. In the end we were forced to cancel our tickets and forego the cancellation fee of $400 per person. This is absolutely outrageous as we had done the correct thing according to our passports.

Please review this case and refund the $800 that we are out of pocket for this dilemma.

12-29-2012 11:00 pm

I wanted to go back home for my vacation and I choosed Qatar Airways , since I was very happy with they services last year. I went online and went thru all the necessary steps as choosing the flight by the date, the time, complete the fields with my name, e-mail , phone number, last step was to give my card number and go on with the payment.

I’ve done everything as it was written, choosed the mode of payment debit card (because they have this option). I received a message on my mobile as I made a purchase with Qatar Airways and the money were no longer in my account. The only thing is that I did not receive any message on the screen with the ticket number or any confirmation on the e-mail.

So next day I start calling the Reservations and I spoke with 2 of their representatives plus I called twice in Qatar also, non of them could not give me a clear version of what really happend, but all of them just wanted to reverse my money back.

Guess what? I don’t need my money back, I no longer have them, they are blocked by Qatar. They can just go on with the payment and take it. Even if they will reverse my money, actually my bank assured me I can use them only after one month…so conclusion I have no money, no ticket, but i got so frustrated talking with so manu people that just adviced me to call here and there, that found only one solutin…and that was not what I expected…

I wanted my ticket, my plans of my vacation are totally ruinned now, thanks to who?? Probably me that I choosed this airline, all my friends and my parents choosed other options and bought the tickets online also and they had no issue….shame…

I will never fly with Qatar, I no longer want to hear about them, I already adviced all my friends to make other choices instead of Qatar…is not only about what happend but also their staff and the solution they found for me….that was no solution….my vacation is in one month and I don’t have a ticket and I don’t have my money either.

Thank you Qatar for believing that you are professional and my journey could be safe with you…..

12-27-2012 11:00 pm

opened refund request ticket 3 months back. all they need to do is deduct the cancellation charge and return the money but its taking more than 3 months and now they have stopped acknowledgement also. the refund is for more than 600 pounds. where is the official board to complain. i will make sure that they pay up for the extra waste of time chasing after them for last 3 months. bloody customer services.

12-24-2012 11:00 pm

To whom this may concern,

I recently took a flight with Qatar airways from Manchester bound for Muscat via Doha.
Manchester-Doha 12/12/12 QR 46
Doha-Muscat 13/12/12 QR 170
Unfortunately due to our delayed landing in Doha my luggage never made the connection flight to Muscat however I did. When I made an enquiry at the lost luggage dept in Muscat airport they informed me my bag was on the flight due to land approximately 5 hrs later.
My work timings are very restricted and due to my bags late arrival I was unable to collect it and had to continue without. I asked my agent in Muscat to ensure my bag made it back to my home address yet he sent me a receipt which i can forward you if i obtain an email address stating my bag was now in Abu Dhabi and I could contact them when I arrive back into the UK to arrange it’s delivery. I have very limited communications and internet for maybe a day or two while I am on land and I am going to be away for another 4-6 weeks and would really appreciate your assistance in getting my baggage sent to my home ASAP as I don’t really want it to be left for months and it going unaccounted for.
My family are expecting it and my address :
10 Oaksmoor Close
Wheaton Aston
Staffordshire
ST19 9PE
UNITED KINGDOM.
I appreciate your assistance in this matter of importance to me and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

04-04-2012 11:00 pm

Having booked return flights to Goa India in April 2011 for flights for my Husband and myself leaving on January 5th 2012 and returning on March 31st 2012 I feel I have to express my dissapointment with both the check in staff at Manchester international UK and the cabin crew on both legs of the journey to Goa.

Firstly I requested seats as near to the front as possible as I am not comfortable at the rear of any aircraft. I know these are request only but I have been flying to Goa with Qatar since they started this route and have never had a complaint before. The check in staff was very rude and not at all helpful when I explained my problem and we were given seats Row 45 at the back.

I had the most uncomfortable journey to Doha. Whilst serving the breakfast I was offered a choice and as I am vegetarian (which was on my booking form) I chose the cherry pancakes, I was given sausage, I asked the cabin crew to change my breakfast and was told they would get to me shortly…after twice asking for this change I never did get the breakfast.

On the leg of the journey to Doha we were still sitting with trays in front of us when the Captain announced we were making our desent into Goa. it was a complete shambles, people were taking thier own trays back and that is if they could walk down the aisle for trollies and staff. To use the toilet was impossible.

On our return journey on 31st March 2012 we were badly delayed through no fault of Qatar and to give credit where it is due we were treated very very well and the flights were supervised to a standard I would expect from a 5* airline.

I enjoy flying with Qatar and I will be going to Goa again in 2013 but I am now looking at other options which I really do not want to do.
I hope you will take note of this complaint and inform me when it has been dealt with. Thank You

03-05-2012 11:00 pm

I am seeking assistance and direction for a point of contact that may help me. My name is Gail Valencia Goldman. I am an employee of the United States Navy and doctoral student at Colorado Technical University. I was visiting India from February 9th to February 24th and on the 25th of February, 2012. My purpose for the trip was to provide and assist Shir Ganapati Netralaya (SGN) Eye Hospital in Jalna, India and helped the Gujarat State Network of People Living with HIV/AIDs (GSNP+) NGO with consultation.

I respectfully request a refund of $1,325 air flight and taxi costs and consideration for lost ticket cost on return trip fare previously paid from from New Delhi, India to the United States. This refund is warrant due to the unprofessional Qatar Airways employees’ behavior demonstrated on Saturday, February 25, 2012.

I arrived at the New Delhi airport to board flight QR233 at 04:10. Once I arrived and handed the guard my passport, he asked for my E-Ticket printout. I told him I did not have one and he instructed me to go to the end of the terminal to Special Assistance and request a print out. When I arrived at the Special Assistance counter no one was present, so I went to the Qatar Airways counter again no one was present. Finally, I went to the Visitor Assistance counter at the entrance of the airport terminal. Two workers were unsuccessful looking up my name, and after several attempts they returned my passport and I returned to the Qatar Airways counter.

A young lady was there, and I requested her assistance for a printout. She asked for my passport, which I promptly gave her. I also gave her the E-Ticket number 1578737928997/98. I had called my colleague, Mr. Kenneth Wall, who gave me the E-Ticket number he was able to look up on-line. After providing the E-Ticket number to the Qatar representative, who looked my name up, she returned my passport instructing me to go back to the Visitor Assistance counter to get a print out. I explained to her that I just left the Visitor Assistance counter and they were unable to locate my name. She waived for me to go over to Visitor Assistance.

I returned to Visitor Assistance counter and was told they could not find my name and that I should go to Qatar Airways counter. So I returned to Qatar Airways counter and asked if there was a way she could look my name so that I could get a print-out. She ignored my request eventually walking away and leaving the counter. I followed her and asked her to please help me. She gave me a mean stare and walked away leaving the area.

At this point, at least an hour had passed and no one returned to the Qatar Airways counter for several hours. A different young lady finally arrived, and I approached the counter and requested a print out. She asked for my passport, looked my name up and told me that my flight was cancelled. I was astonished. I asked her to clarify what she was saying to me that my flight was cancelled. She said that it was cancelled and I missed the flight. I explained that I had to return to the United States today and need instructions to rebook my flight. She ignored my request.

Disappointed and feeling defeated, I went to sit down when an Indian gentleman who spoke great English approached me and asked if he could be of assistance. His name was Mr. Harbhajan S. Gill. Mr. Gill also missed his flight and he stated he had been watching and thought that they were very unprofessional to refuse to help me. With his help, I was able to get an E-Ticket printout and additional information from the same Qatar staff member who previously refused to assist me. She instructed him to have me call Washington, DC at 1-202-719-0922 or 1-877-777-2817 for clearance before the airlines would reissue me a ticket; and that I would be required to pay a penalty for “No Show”.

I explained that I did not “No Show” and arrived for the flight but was denied entrance into the airport because I did not have an E-Ticket and could not get assistance from the Qatar staff members to understand I needed an E-Ticket printout to board the plane, and by the time it was understood, I missed my flight. I did not feel that I should be penalized for missing the flight. Mr. Gill informed me that he found this strange because they have access to a passenger printout and my name would appear on the manifest. Yet the Qatar Staff failed to honor my name on a passenger printout as well as assist me so that I could have made my flight in a timely manner.

I immediately did as instructed and called the Washington, DC number to follow up on obtaining a clearance but was informed the office was closed. Next, I was instructed to call the City Office at Kinard Place #43636000 or reservation at #07930616000. I called the reservation number at 07930616000 and was informed that I would have to wait for 7 to 10 days if I wanted to rebook my flight in Economy class or upgrade for ‘change of class’ but in both cases I would need to get a clearance from Washington, DC. According to the Qatar representative, my options were to upgrade for ‘change of class’ and pay a $170.00 penalty, $200 no show cost but that the Washington DC office would tell me exactly how much I would have to pay.

At this point, I started contacting my employer, the United States Navy, to see if I could get assistance to pay for these costs and explain that I would not be arriving to work as expected. This experience placed a financial hardship for these unexpected costs. Mr. Gill recommended that we leave the airport, which I agreed. We found a hotel room to leave our luggage and to continue making phone calls to reservation, and Washington, D.C. if I had to stay over the weekend. We also visit local travel agent offices in the village; and fortunately, were able to get tickets the same day from KAILASH TREKAND EXPEDITION PVT LTD. The cost of my ticket was $1,300 American dollars plus taxi. The travel agent was able to get me on a next day flight, Sunday at 4:10 a.m. Because I had to pay for a new ticket, I lost the monies paid for my return flight on Qatar Airlines and would like these costs considered as well.

I would greatly appreciate your consideration to reimburse my travel costs due to unprofessional customer service I received by the India Airport. Please contact me if you can help me or direct me to the office that can. I greatly appreciate any and all your assistance.

01-20-2012 11:00 pm

We are writing to make a formal complaint to the way we were treated by Qatar Airways on our journey back from Bangladesh. We had confirmed ticket flying from Dhaka Hazrat Shah Jalal International Airport to Manchester Airport via Doha on 16th January 2012 departing at 03.25am as shown on our ticket. We have arrived from Sylhet to catch our flight on time. On our arrival at 12 am in the morning there were no counter open so we waited at the lobby. After an hour we asked some attendant why the counter was not opening, they said they did not know the reason so we kept on waiting.

We enquired again and again but the departure time was already gone so became worried then we were told the flight will now go ahead at 10.40am from Dhaka to Doha so we kept waiting at the lobby. When the counter opened at 8am we went to check in but your check in staff behaved very badly and told us we are not supposed to be on this flight and the fact that this flight was brought forward to 15th January and we have missed our flight.

We told them how can that be possible since we have a confirmed ticket here and we have not been notified of any changes to the flight neither we were asked to re-confirm it ourselves. As a reputable and established airliner we should be told about any changes prior to the flight. They weren’t having any of that and they were insisting on us to go to Gulshan office in Dhaka to re–arrange the flight again. We were totally shocked to hear this and both of us are elderly people with very little knowledge of the city we were faced with unthinkable scenario.

We kept asking them why should we have to do that but our plea was ignored and they carried on checking in other passengers while we kept on pleading to them to sort us out but they said nothing can be done. As we had no other option but to leave the airport, we tried for the final time and they said they will see if there were any seats available at the end. We were left shocked and puzzled then on the last minute one of the check in staff decided to check us in and rushed us through immigration to put us on the same flight they said we did not have any booking all this time.

We failed to understand that we were harassed from 12 am till 9am that our flight was cancelled then how did they eventually find seats for us and told us we are on the right flight. We were appalled by this kind of treatment but at least we were on board to our destination. The flight touched down at Doha at 1pm local time and we were told to wait till following morning to take our transit flight to Manchester. We were kept at the terminal for almost 12 hours and should have been taken to the hotel because the duration exceeded the standard transit period. The flight was eventually took off at 1.40am on 17th January local Doha time and landed at Manchester at 6.35am local time.

This was the most disastrous time of our life and we are extremely unhappy about the way we were treated and we have been let down by a Qatar Airways. We would like register our grievance and distree suffered by us. It may be the last time we used Qatar Airways and we would never recommend anyone again.

01-20-2012 11:00 pm

Subject: ill treatment by the Qatar airways official at the check in counter in Dhaka airport. I and my family have been traveling with Qatar airways for the past couple of years. And we have also travelled with other airlines as well. I have been travelling to Bangladesh from the past 31 years. On 8th of January 2012 I was travelling from Dhaka to Muscat with my family. Our flight was at 10.40am, although we reached the check in counter of Qatar airways at 10 am due to traffic. However when we reached the airport there was a man at the counter in the Qatar airways uniform, whose name badge was not there in his uniform.

He directly refused to check us in and as well as other two passengers. The other two passengers were there before us. With repeated request and pleading he did not let us in. We were still standing there. After 15 minutes the cabin crew arrived including the pilot. I requested the pilot to help us and the pilot asked the Qatar airways official at the counter to let us in as there is still time for boarding and he would manage it. But the Qatar airways staff directly refused. I also spoke to the aviation police and they said they would let us in before other as it was an emergency only if the airlines staff would check us in.

Everyone was ready to help us except the Qatar airways staff. The Qatar airways official told me to go to the Qatar airways office in gulshan and get new tickets for my family. Then I told him what if I cannot afford for the tickets, he said that’s not his problem. The Qatar airways staff behaved very rudely. He treated my family with disrespect. When I told him that one of the other passenger’s visa was getting expired on the same day he said that it is not his problem. And also before talking to the pilot I had gone to the Qatar airways office situated on the 1st floor of the Dhaka airport but there was only one person name MR.MONI there. MR.MONI also was not wearing a name badge and he was hesitating to tell his name.

And he as unable to tell us the name of the person in the counter. The person in the counter told me that he was the manager but MR.MONI told me that the manager did not report for work that day. So basically all the Qatar airways staff in the airport were playing with us and not helping me at any point. The final option left for me was to go the the Qatar airways office in gulshan. And having no other option in hand I had to purchase ticket of worth 78,000 Bangladeshi taka. When we went to the Qatar airways office they first told us that the manger was not there.The Qatar Airways Country Manager in Dhaka told us that they would take action within 24 hours and contact us. But till now there has been no response from them.

The Qatar airways country manager told me that since we were 20 minutes late on a humanitarian basis they would very well help us check in. I have also reported to the Qatar airways supervisor in Doha international airport and she was extremely sorry about it an asked me to lodge a complain online. My family had to wait on the streets of gulshan for 3 hours. As my wife is a hypertensive patient and has leg problem had to suffer a lot. When my daughter asked the supervisor in Doha whether on an emergency basis they would check in a passenger even 20 minutes before the flight she said YES.

So what does this mean? For what circumstances was my family harassed by the Qatar airways official? Who is to be blamed for this? When I complained to the Qatar airways official in gulshan he told me that he has never received any sort of complain from anybody. Most of the passengers travelling are of the labour class who do not know how to read and write.

Regarding the other two passengers, they reached the airport at 9.20 am, which is on time for check in, but there was no one in the check in counter then. Then at 9.40 am the same official arrived at the counter and refused to check them in. He said they were late. They are totally not in fault then why weren’t they allowed to check in. This is really unfair. And with no other option in hand they are forced to pay another 28,000 Bangladeshi taka each. They are poor people and not in fault, they shouldn’t be paying for this. And one of them couldn’t travel because he couldn’t manage the money.

01-17-2012 11:00 pm

I would like to make complaints for service failures at the Qatar Airlines reservation in BKK and a ground staff at Suvannhabhumi Airport. On January 12, 2012, the whole morning, I made numerous attempts to contact the Qatar Airlines reservation in BKK over the phone to request for a meal request for nuts free and non-beef meals but the line was always busy. For every call, I waited until the line got cutoff by itself. I also called the reservation in Phuket hoping that I could talk to someone but I had the same problem. It was very frustrating for me.

I could not imagine that the line could always be busy for three to four hours consecutively and this kind of situation would have happened at a five-star airline like Qatar Airlines. Finally, I called the sales and marketing office in BKK and, finally, could talk to someone. The staff at the sales said she could not help because she took care only grouped passengers and recommended me to contact the reservation via email. Finally, made a meal request for nuts free and non-beef meals via email at the Qatar Airlines reservation in BKK. The reservation contacted me via email and over the phone.

The problem was the reservation did not give me all important information that I, as a passenger, needed to know. On the phone, the reservation told me to have a doctor fill out the forms and said that this process needed at 48 hours to be done. Then, I told her that it is unlikely that everything would be done within 48 hours, given the time left before the flight. The reservation agreed with what I said but she still hid the most important information to me, that is, the consequence of not having this process done on time. You could refer to the messages I forwarded to you below, the reservation did not inform me that Qatar Airlines would refuse me, if I could not have the process done first.

The result was that I showed up at the airport and had a very unpleasant surprise at the airport. I was refused to get on board. I had planned for this trip for weeks and scheduled my business meetings weeks ahead but everything collapsed and I lost my business because of the uncaring, inconsiderant, and ignorant Qatar reservation in BKK. If the reservation understood, sympathized, and shared needs and feelings of its passengers, this service failure would not have happened.

At the airport, a newly hired staff at the check-in counter asked me to wait for her supervisor. The supervisor was very impolite and (sorry) quite rude to me in informing that I was refused to get on board. She did not clearly explain why I was refused and did not advise what I was supposed to do. She just said that according to the reservation I could be on the plane and I had to contact the reservation. I explained to her that the reservation did not inform me that I could not get on the plane if the process was not done but she responded that it was not her business to know this and it was my own responsibility to fight this with the reservation. LOOK, Customer Relations! If I was informed from the reservation that I would be refused to get on board, would I waste my time and money to show up at the airport?

This supervisor did not show any empathy, understanding, and did not give any advice. I asked her what I was supposed to do. Should I cancel the ticket immediately as the flight would depart soon? Her looks gave me a surprise when I asked her this question. She said that I could cancel the flight now at the other desk with uncaring looks. Ok, Customer Relations, I understand that I am just a passenger who is not important to Qatar Airlines and if I had canceled the ticket, it would not affect the airlines even a bit. Though, I did not think that this would be a way that a five-star airline treated its customers.

When I was talking to other Qatar staff at the airport, there was always a call to that staff and facial expression of the staff would change and the staff would discontinue the conversation with me. I am suspecting that the staff got a call from this supervisor to stop talking to me. These staff agreed with me that it was the reservation’s fault for not informing me all the necessary information. If I was told, this ridiculous would not have happened.

I also much want to complain this supervisor about her impolite and abusive behaviors. This supervisor was 150-155 cm tall, chubby, very tanned skin tone, big eyes, and lots of big teeth. I was responding to her from 1900-2000, approximately.

11-16-2011 11:00 pm

I was traveling from New York to Doha on Qatar Airways Flight No.QR 84 ON NOVEMBER 14,2011(Seat No 06K.I accidentally disembarked from the aircraft when it landed in Doha forgetting about my 2 hand phones.The hand phones were kept in the side pockets of any of the four seats that I was sharing with my family members. However while I was going through screening of body and pocket belongings for metal and sharpening objects I remembered that my hand phones have been misplaced which was immediately reported to the Airline officials.It was hardly 5-10 minutes after I have departed from the Aircraft.

Upon subsequent search one of the handset a Nokia model could be traced back but surprisingly the other Hand Phone a Samsung S11 Galaxy which was a relatively brand new of the two could not be found. In view of the above context I should like to request the concerned authority to investigate into the matter and make the person ,who searched and found one of the two sets,explain how it is possible that one of the Hand phone could be traced but the other remains unaccounted for.Logically speaking since both were kept at the same place therefore either either both should have gone missing or be found.

It would be utmost appreciated if a thorough investigation is conducted and the outcome is convoyed to me.

09-09-2011 11:00 pm

I wanted to compalint about my last travel with Qatar Airways from Dubai to London (Flight # QR 0011 FROM Doha to London) , Where I traveled this time during last Eid Holiday (30/08/2011 and return on 02/09/2011) with my family (Wife and 2 Children) and after a long trip we were surprised that our baggage did not arrive to London and we were informed that it was delayed in Doha and will arrive with the next flight arriving London at 6:00 PM same day (30/09/2011) and they will be delivering the Baggage to us in our Hotel in Central London.

Unfortuanatly that was the only Baggage with us for the whole family as it was only a 3 day trip and the baggage was not delivered to us as promissed by the Qatar Airways representative who filed our complaint in London Heathrow Airport and that caused a lot of inconvience for the whole family specifically i had 2 kids with me (3 years old and 8 years old)who spent 2 nights with the same clothes considering the cold weather in London compared to that of Dubai and i was obliged to buy some additional clothes for them for All of us until the baggage was recieved only one day before our departure date spoiling our short trip becouse of an irresponsible and poor service with such an Air line company that was supposed to be reliable and at least meeting our expectation.

Apprecaite your consideration for the same and to provide me with your feedback.

Companies Like Qatar Airways