Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5 Stars
111 Consumer Reviews

Qatar Airways
Complaint Department

Qatar Airways www.qatarairways.com is a state owned flag air carrier of Qatar. This small country is located on the Qatar peninsula of Saudi Arabia. The airline employs over 24,000 and has a fleet of 173. With reported (Reuters) revenues in 2013 reported as over US 10 billion destinations number 51.

If you have a problem with your luxury airline experience you may call 1-877-777-2827. If you would like to send a postal correspondence to CEO, Akbar Al Baker, you may address your letter to him with, Qatar Airways, Towers 1, Manna Building, Airport Road, Doha 22550 Qatar. The local phone number is 974-4423-7937 or 974-4022-5336.

Qatar gained independence from Britain in 1971 and the airlines began operating in 1997. You may find social presence on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram.

Have you had problems with Qatar Airways?

Compare Qatar Airways to Similar Airlines more...

Top 111 Reviews about Qatar Airways

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Qatar Airways customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I went to Malaysia via Manchester International Airport on the 25th of January.(Flight No. QR46) I was traveling Business class. I had no complaint on the outward journey. As a matter of fact, I was quite complimentary on the service I received. However, the complaint arises from the return leg of my holiday. I was meant to travel on Flight No.QR 847 flying from KLIA to Manchester, UK via Doha.

At the airport in Kuala Lumpur, your ground staff ask me if I would travel on an alternative flight as your flight had been overbooked. I was reluctant at first and eventually bow down and done you a favour which I was not compensated for. The only reason I decided to help out was that I was told its going to be a ' Double Decker' and thought it would be a different experience but it wasn't to be. The ground staff of the Emirates counter weren't much help either. I asked for a aisle seat and was told bluntly that there wasn't any left which again wasn't true. I found a few empty seats and I did manage to move to the adjacent seat.

I started to have my regrets as I rush through the airport to the gate. Incidentally, the flight was 1 1/2 Hours earlier that my intended flight. By the way, ground staff at Qatar counter mention that they will see what they can do when I asked how I will be gratified for doing them a favor. As soon as I agreed, nothing was said to me or appreciation shown.

On the Emirates flight, the service was bad as compared to the service I received on the Qatar Flight. I paid for a Qatar service and I expected to get that. I can understand it is not your fault and you have no control over the matter. I just think I should be compensated somehow for the poor quality of service I received. I do not need to change my flight but I done it to help out without gratitude. Thank you and please acknowledge receipt of this complaint.

Upvote (0)

I had flight with Qatar airways tickets No: ETKT 1572497809496 from Tehran at 23 Jan at 4:30 QR491 to Doha and from there to Manchester UK with QR45 at 7:30 local time but airplanes had problems in Tehran and my flight changes to 6:30 and I couldn't get next flight from Doha and they put me to another flight at 13 on Qatar time and I arrived to Manchester at 18:15 on local time. All my family had hard time and my self as well and I believe I can complain for delay and get compensation.

Upvote (0)

After winning a complementary upgrade for myself I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade my husband as the opportunity would probably never arise again. I had some Q miles so contacted reservations to enquire about the cost of upgrading my husband, at the time there was promotional flights available and was informed that the cost for the upgrade would be £837.40p for the full return ticket but as I was a privilege card holder it would be probably cheaper to purchase Q miles and to get in touch with them.

This I did and was informed that I would need 42500 Q miles for the upgrade meaning that I would need to purchase 21500 Q miles, the lady explained how to complete the transaction I did this which cost £503 I telephoned the privilege club back but was informed I did not have sufficient Q miles to complete the upgrade and in fact it should be 85000. I explained that I had been informed by a colleague of their's it was 42500 the person went to speak to their supervisor about the situation and informed me that they would have to look into what had happened. I was contacted the following day 16th January and was informed they accept the colleague had passed incorrect information to me and they would have to contact head office for a solution.

In the meantime there was only one day left on the promotional flights. I believe that you should honour the upgrade as now I have received a voice mail informing me that you will refund the money and remove the Q miles. I was only acting on the information your colleague gave now myself and my husband will be separated as I have been informed it will cost myself to revert back to economy over £200. If I had received the correct information I would have paid the £837.40p with reservations. I am disappointed with your reaction to solve the problem and still believe that the upgrade for my husband should be honoured as this problem was no fault by myself.

Upvote (0)

I traveled from Bahrain to Bangkok and back on the following itinerary. On our trip from Bangkok, I left my iPhone on the plane. I have already informed the airline and I have not received any call till today. Kindly let me know how can I reach the right personnel in order for me to get back my phone.

Upvote (0)

My name is Arjun Eranazhathu Shanmugam and this is the first time I traveled with Qatar airways (Me being a Gold class member with Etihad wanted to try out Qatar since it started operations from LAX from Jan 1st 2016). I normally am not too irritated regarding moderately delayed flights. However, the hassle I experienced that day trying to get home to Chennai from LAX, CA was just unacceptable. I am not oblivious to the plight of airline operations. My flight schedule was as follows: LAX to Doha- 7th Jan 2016 at 15:10 hours. Doha to MAA- 8th Jan 19:00 hours.

The flight from LAX to Doha was delayed on the tarmac for about 50 minutes and this delay cascaded throughout the entire journey causing a delayed arrival at Doha. When I reached Doha, Qatar airways staff informed the Chennai passengers that our Chennai bound flight QR528 has already departed. This was really disappointing as we arrived Doha at about 6.45 pm and we could have made it to the gate by 7:15. Can’t the airlines wait for 15 minutes? I guess not. But this is not the first time I’m dealing with delayed flights but if I can remember right Etihad handled its customers really well and waited for all connection flights to arrive if the delay was 15 to 20 minutes.

To add to the misery, our cases were handled very poorly by your ground staff. I had a serious emergency and had to attend a board meeting the very next day. My absence had caused a cancellation of the meeting and it has now been postponed to the 12th of February which means I will have to spend money for another ticket to get here for the meeting. I had very clearly expressed my concerns but the ground staff at the transfer desk did not help me out all.

Me and few other passengers waited for nearly 4 hours without any help and finally there was a glimmer of hope when the staff told us that we had been rebooked on a Jet Airways flight departing from Doha at 11.30 pm. Things still did not seem to go well, when I arrived Bombay at about 5:15 am, I realized that Qatar airways had misplaced my baggage in Doha and did not transfer one baggage to the Jet airways flight. All I could do was to sit back and ponder as to why I booked my tickets through Qatar, I was thoroughly disappointed. Its been more than 48 hours since I reached Chennai and I have not received my bag yet nor any information about my bag from the airlines. This is a clear case of unprofessional management.

I am not writing this to stomp my feet and say I will never fly you again, because I will as everyone needs to be a given a second chance. I kindly request you to take this case seriously and compensate me for the delayed arrival in Chennai and my baggage delay, for all sorts that’s the least you could do. In this email, I have attached my boarding pass and missing baggage report, please do the needful.

Upvote (0)

I brought 4 tickets from our local travel agent to travel to Bangladesh in the 10th if December. We purchased 2 adult 2 child tickets.The purpose of our travel was to visit a family member who is ill. The travel to Bangladesh was quite pleasant and I have to no issue, however I rerun date was in the 31st of December 2015. We booked to return before the school started so that we do not get penalised.

On Thursday 31st December we leave our village 10 o'clock in the morning as to arrive in Dhaka few hours before our flight at 8 in the evening. We encountered many issues during out travel to Dhaka airport. We arrived at our destination 20 minutes past 7. At the airport we meet with a lady who was closing off the Qatar customer service desk. My husband run up and approached her exhaling that our flight is to depart at 8 and we were extremely sorry but we would like to be assured in boarding the plane.

The Qatar staff member was extremely rude and asked my husband to take a seat, my husband was unsure at the request and explained that we will need to board the plane otherwise we will be stranded. The lady again declined to answer any of our questions and asked us to take our seats as there is nothing she wil be able to do.

I interrupted the conversation and asked her to explain why we need to take seats as we will miss our flight and that is something we cannot afford to do. At this point the lady started yelling at us saying we need to take seats and wait, there were few others who were in the same situation as us also started asking why we needed to sit. I asked why we need to wait and the answer was 'I don't know, just go over there (she pointed to the seats) and sit. I became quite emotional because the conversation wasn't going anywhere and asked to speak to someone senior, she said go to the second floor Qatar office and walked off.

We had no choice but to go to the Qatar office, we reached the office only to find that it was closed, we returned back to the initial desk to find the lady had also gone. We were stranded in Dhaka airport with no explanation and no one to help. We waited outside the office until 8.25 when a gentleman came. My family and few others that where presented explained about the behaviour of the other member of staff and the fact that we couldn't broad the plane.

Again we were told there is nothing he will be able to do and we had to go to the head office when it opened. The head office in Gulshan was closed on Friday and Saturday. We were not given any other assistance and was asked to leave the office. We were really scared at this point not knowing what we were suppose to do and where to go, it was Thursday evening and the offices will be closed for the next two days.

We left the airport and found a hotel, we than contacted our travel agent in London, they told us that there is nothing we can do until the office opened, they couldn't tell us if we will be able to get rebook with Qatar in time for school. We also had issues with funding our hotel stay. We were left with limited options and had no choice but to purchase tickets with Biman to fly back in Sunday in time for children's school. We are very disappointed with lack of information and support we received from Qatar, we spent so much money travelling and to add to our financial burden we had to purchase additional tickets to travel back.

We had no intention of being late for check in, we left 10 hours before our flight, our traveling time would only have taken 5 hours leaving us 5 hours for check, we were stuck in traffic in Dhaka. We were not provided with any assurance at the airport and we feel Qatar staff members should have ensured we knew what the process is in case of delayed check in.

We had children traveling with us, had we been just adults the situation we were left with might have been easier to deal with. We would like this matter to be investigated and we would like to be reimbursed part of our ticket money and additional compensation for our stay in the hotel. The staff members where fully aware of our situation and still choice to be unhelpful. The 2 staff members we met at the airport where rude and unhelpful, we were told we should have left earlier and that it was our fault.

We went to airport 20 minutes pass 7, our flight was due to depart at 8, we should have been able to reach a compromise, we would have been happy to pay any fines in the spot, we were not given the option but instead asked to leave the airport and go to the head office when it opened. In our view we showed up for flight but we're not allowed to check in. We have decided not to travel with Qatar airways in the future, if our complaint is not upheld we will make sure we escalate our complaint further and our voice heard of how Qatar airways treat their customers.

Our flight number QR637 Dhaka to Doha was not missed, we were not informed of our choices and had no option but too buy additional tickets to return to UK in time for our jobs, had we not returned before Monday I might have lost my job and my children might have lost their place in school, the affect would have been detrimental, the stress we had to endure was unbearable. I had few anxiety attacks thinking we are stranded and might not be able to return back to England. We look forward to receiving a satisfactory response from Qatar airways.

For your reference we purchase 4 tickets with Biman BG005 departing from Dhaka to Heathrow at 10 am.

Upvote (0)

My travel date was 5/1/2016 & time : 20:00 hr. I changed the time & it is 10:40 hr(same date), from Dhaka to Doha. My ticket booking ref. is 3W8OLJ. Before changing time, weight was mentioned 40 kg. After changing time, weight is showing 30 kg only. For changing, I paid extra money to Qatar customer service also. My privilege card no is 410363298. Please help me regarding weight i. e. I changed the time & it is 10:40 hr(same date), from Dhaka to Doha. My ticket booking ref. is 3W8OLJ. Before changing time, weight was mentioned 40 kg. After changing time, weight is showing 30 kg only. For changing, I paid extra money also. Please help me regarding weight i.e. I want to carry 40 kg. I came to Bangladesh on 9/12/2015. Travel agency may be mistake. Please help me. Mobile# +8801716797738, +97455392712

Upvote (0)

I arrived at Multan airport on 9th dec after waiting 5 hours the flight was cancelled in that time not one person came to tell us what was happening in the end i went in the office and demanded to know why.I was offered a flight to Lahore the following day, after a 7 hour drive to Lahore and an overnight stay at a hotel ,i went to catch my flight only to be told it had left 2 hours before hand. I wondered around the airport for what seemed like hours being sent to different places i managed to get hold of a member of your staff and waited a long time for the person to arrive who could sort the situation.

Eventually i left Lahore on the 12th of december to my own country England. I would also like to add the Qatar staff in Pakistan were of no help to me at all they are ignorant and treated me like 2nd class citizen not one of them could speak English. I found you representatives lacking in manners and a total disgrace to Qatar airlines i have traveled with you quite a lot. I want my air fare refunded and the bills for my hotel stays really upset by your staff and Qatar airways

Upvote (0)

Vegan food provided in the plane was not of good quality. I expected more from Qatar airways, and will be sending my complaint to the corporate office if I can find a good email address for them. Can anyone help me?

Upvote (0)

I wish to make a formal complaint to the Qatar Airways corporate office about the poor level of customer service that was provided by your staff on Qatar flight Qr904 from Doha to Melbourne on 31 January 2015. This was a return trip for me and my two sons, one of which was an infant. After having difficulty with seat allocations in the flights traveling to Vienna (flight QR 183 Doha to Vienna on 1 January 2015), where I was not allocated a seat with a bassinet, I ensured that I booked my seats 1 week early on the advice of your staff and got the seats allocated 10K and the neighbor seat. On the preceding Monday, I booked seats online and received an e-ticket which confirmed a seat allocation for my flights with access to a bassinet.

However, unknown to me, when I checked in at Vienna, I was not allocated the correct seat for flight QR 904. My boarding pass was put into an envelope for later use, and I was not advised to check this. When it finally came time to board the flight, and I was told to take a different seat ( row 42 instead of row 10 with bassinet access), I asked for this to be investigated. I spoke with a staff member of Indian (or similar) descent (name unknown) and advised that this was not the seat that my e-ticket stated and there has been a mistake. I requested that he try to obtain me a seat with a bassinet. He then advised me to wait at the door while he looked into the options available. This staff member never returned to speak with me.

So when staff started to lock the doors and prepare for takeoff I began to search for this staff member to find out what had happened. Unable to find him, staff requested I take a seat to which I replied I had the wrong seat and was waiting for this to be looked into. This then escalated to the captain (name) coming out and providing me with the option that I either take a seat or exit the plane to take another flight and he would call the police.

I was quite distressed that I was being threatened with the police when I was not yelling or screaming or swearing or even behaving in a violent manner. I was also very unhappy that this was being spoken about in front of my 11 year child, who was concerned that I was in a lot of trouble. Ultimately it was advised that there were no options to get a seat with a bassinet. Having had a 6.5 hour stopover in Doha previously, limited sleep and a 13 and a half hour flight ahead, with a small child on my lap, you can imagine that the flight home was not as pleasant as it could have been had I been provided with the seat I took the time and energy to book in advance.

During the flight staff were able to continue to speak with me about the issue - and it was quickly discovered that the original staff member who had advised me to wait so he could investigate the issue was ground staff member, not on the plane, who had falsely told the staff that he had resolved the issue and I was seated. The captain ultimately apologized to me after the flight, once he became aware that the ground staff member had lied, and then the captain admitted that he had not meant the police would come but that security would need to escort me across the tarmac. The captain also admitted that he just thought I was complaining about the seat that was allocated to me and was unaware that I had an e-ticket as proof I had deliberately selected an appropriate seat a week earlier.

My complaint is therefore in relation to your staff incorrectly booking me into the wrong seats without any discussion, the unprofessional and dishonest way in which the ground staff member handled the problem initially, and the unnecessary threats given by the captain who did not bother to inform himself of the situation properly. I am a frequent customer of Qatar airlines, and have traveled on numerous occasions to Europe with Qatar being my only choice, and am likely to travel at least once a year to Europe in the future. In light of the recent handling of this issue, I am considering choosing an alternative airline on my next visit to Europe.

I would like someone to provide an explanation as to how this could happen and how you will be addressing my complaint.

Upvote (0)

I have tried and failed on 2 occasions to contact Qatar Airways corporate office and did not get any response from QR on 2 issues: My daughter's damaged suitcase in April 2015 - photos emails and chase emails sent. My QR FF card number is never accepted in online bookings and has therefore not registered my flights nor as a consequence given me any points.

Upvote (0)

I traveled with Qatar Flight number QR 574. Was seated fairly near the front (row 9 I think). My chair would not recline & as I suffer from 3 slipped disks this caused me great discomfort! Also suffered food poisoning after this flight, upon arrival in Delhi! Flight number QR 1339: I simply could not believe my "bad luck" when once again; my chair would not recline (row 9 seat A). Also the head phones had a problem with only one speaker working! The flights were full on all sectors, zero leg room, squashed in like sardines, cannot bring your meal tray down if person in front has their chair reclined....hostess had to request the passengers in front to raise their chairs for the meal service. What if that person in front didn't want to eat & was sleeping? The lady sitting next to us in Row 9C was so large, we had to wake her to lift her rather over flowing arms so we could insert the ear phone plug....she was so large she had wheel chair assistance. These larger passengers should be made to buy two seats as totally un fair on fellow passengers! This was the first & last time I will travel with Qatar Airlines. They are really not all they make themselves out to be. I await Qatar's response to my complaint.

Upvote (0)

I traveled in Qatar air ways because of (one world) I got British air ways points but British air is not going to Islamabad any more. I was very happy to travel in Qatar air but I was very disappointed when I got the treatment by Qatar air staff in Islamabad it was like not treating even animal. my foot was burnt and I could not walk but know one look after on the air port I was standing in the cue and another thing the boarding card person was very rued I requested for a seat where i could be comfort but he was not answering and when I ask again he said I am not deaf I can hear and he gave me the worst seat in the plane I walked and other passengers were asking me if I need help I was in pain so much pain I could not step on the floor. At that time I was very upset and did not wanted to travel in Qatar air but the time was early morning and my foot was hear ting so much I was traveling to Manchester UK. I will not travel again in Qatar air none of my friends and family the world is full of other air lines. I don't know where is my points of Qatar air ways gone and If you can not help me with my points with British air then you tell me urgently.

Upvote (0)

I am Dr Elian Raphael, I was on my way back from Sofia yesterday date 04/10l2015 to doha, we arrived at 22:00. My ticket number was 1572350900405, and my seat number was 17A. After i took the bus I remembered that I forget my jacket, it is a red jacket brand Ferrari, as soon as I arrived to the ground,I went to the ground employee to ask her if she can request my jacket. Her name was Melanie Joy Darad, she answered that nothing can be done and I have to catch my connection to Abu Dhabi ,and it was at time 23:55 ,she was so rude and she was talking with careless. I told her that there is enough time and at least try to bring it from the airplane,so she said she will call someone,and she went from her desk.

After 10 minutes she came back and she told to wait around 30 minutes, after that I checked again with her and her answer was that she found nothing. I asked to see her manager, name Margaret Omondi, the same answer was that they can do nothing. I asked them at least you can take my contacts number ,may be you will find it,their answer was no need. It cant be found, may be a passenger took it. May be it is true but what is annoying that she didn't do any reaction or at least try to help especially that it is a jacket with a cost of 1000 Dh. I don't know if it is an acceptable behavior from your employee, and I can assure you that it is going to be the last airways I use in my life .

Hope I can have a reply soon.

Thanks.

Upvote (0)

In flight service was very good. Flights are in excellent with good facilities. The way handled Transit Delay passengers at Doha Airport really unprofessional. On 16th, I arrived from Colombo from QR 657, arrived at Doha 1.00AM, transfer counter staff member informed me that they won't be able to check me in to my next connecting flight to Muscat at 01.15 am due to the first flight delay.

I have request them to send me before 8.00 am to Oman as I have to attend a very very important meeting at 9.00 am. I clearly mentioned staff members about the meeting and impact towards my career, they agreed to give me a seat in Oman Air. They kept me two hours in the bench and told me that their is no enough meals in Oman air and they are not allowing passengers without meals. Since I have to stay more than 5 hours in the airport due to Air line issue, I request them to provide me airport hotel facility which they said all air port Hotels are full.

I am disappointed after finding out from Oman air counter that they don't have any issue with meals and ready to check me in and also regards to airport hotel there were plenty of rooms available as per reception and offer me a lounge room for $ 65. They provide me meal coupon in a restaurant which was closed for dinner its opening at 5.00 am and my checking in time 6.20 am. Last month when my family visit me, they lost their all the luggage and it too two days to arrive, due to above delay I am risking my job.

Upvote (0)

I had booked a flight from London to Islamabad. My flight from London was on the 1/04/2015 at 15.05, and I had a change from Doha. When I got off at Islamabad my suitcase had not arrived, so I made a complaint. The person had said that he would find out and call me. As I am here in Islamabad with my in-laws, and would like someone to look into this, I would be grateful if someone would look into this. All my very important documents, and other things as well, were in my luggage and I am in need of those documents ASAP!

Upvote (0)

Qatar Airways has a serious problem, the lack of qualified maintenance engineers plus the unprofessional staff; I had the same problem in two weeks. In Amman Jordan QR 401 on 9 April 2015, they dumped all passengers in the airplane and they knew that there was a problem that took more than three hours. As a result I was late to work.

My next flight was on 30 April 2015 to Dhabi QR 1030. They did the same thing but more than two and half hours with no explanation or justification for the delay. They forced us not to leave the airplane as a result I missed the wedding in Dubai that I have travelled for.

I all cases no manager or responsible person, nobody says the truth and unprofessional staff and not implementing the travel regulations. Finally this not or close to a one star airline.

Upvote (0)

I was in flight from Riyadh to Doha then Algeri on March 22 2015 QR 1167. Unfortunately due to weather problem the flight diverted to Bahrain stayed in the air craft for 5:30 hours then finally left to Doha. In Doha we missed our flight to Algeria and we tried very hard with Qatar air to provide accommodation to flay the next day to Algeria. Qatar air failed to provide such a accommodation, and we had to do it on our own. My question to you can I provide you with full documentation of the expense so I can be reimbursed for it.

Upvote (0)

Complaint: Booked seat differs from alloted seat at ccu airport

My Airline reservation code is ZKEENQ ( QR ) & Reservation code is IOGHBA . I travelled from CCU, Kolkta to DFW, Tx. On 15th April' 15. Your Kolkata office alloted us perfect seat No 21A & C but our 2nd part of the journey for 16 hrs duration we were separated by wrong allotment of seat no. 24E & 24J instead of 33A & 33C. For which we requested to cabin staff, but they did not help me saying they are helpless. We are senior citizen aged 68 and 60yrs and assisted wheel chairs. So you may feel the amount of difficulties we have suffered during our journey. It's a gross negligence of services which is not expected from a globally reputed Airlines like Qatar. I shall be happy with your clarification for my sufferings during our journey.

Upvote (0)

Qatar Airways has by far THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of travel. To call themselves a 5-Star Airline is a disgrace to all the other mediocre airlines out there doing things right and giving good customer satisfaction. I was on a trip of a lifetime with a month long journey scheduled through SE Asia. They lost my baggage!!!! No courtesy was given, no compensation for the 30-plus days I was without any clothing in 4 different foreign countries, no explanation to where my bag ended up, no word from them for over 3 months...

Upvote (5)

I started my journey from Dallas (Texas) to India via doha by QR734. I had been issued baggage receipt at Dallas.We boarded QR 564 (continuous flight) at Doha. When reached New Delhi airport on 12.04.2015 at 3.30 AM,I could not find my baggage. I lodged a complaint at new delhi airport about my missing bag.I contacted over telephone several times from my flat at Delhi. I was informed that my baggage was not found scanned at Doha Airport. I feel it might not have been loaded at Dallas airport. Please help me in getting my baggage!

Upvote (0)

I bought a first class ticket to travel from Doha to Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab) last year on 1st June 2014, and return from Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab)to Doha on 15th August 2014. Ticket Number is [157-2341893586] and Booking Reference [54UWTX]. For some reason, that is to attend a conference in Tunisia, I canceled the reservation from Doha on 1st June, and I travelled from Tunisia to Alexandria using another airline. On my journey back to Doha, I approached Qatar Airways in Alexandria ( located at Hilton Green Plaza Hotel- Tel: 00203 4204033). I showed them my ticket no.[157-2341893586] and they booked a seat for me on 15th August 2014 with new Booking Reference[ Y4UG66].

My complaint is this: I went to Qatar Airways Office at (Recreation Center, Qatar Foundation wherefrom I bought the ticket) asking for either reactivating the part of my ticket which I have not used or refunding me of this part. I got a negative reply; You cannot get either one! I contacted the main office in Doha and I got same reply because they say that I travelled out of journey sequence! Now if this is true why they made for me a new booking reference from Alexandria by same ticket? Whey they did not advise me to get a refund of the ticket ( the ticket is good for one year)and pay for a new ticket for the return journey? How this can happen while I followed all normal procedures: Paying a 1st class ticket in cash- Cancelling the outward journey in advance and asking your office in Alexandria before getting the new booking Whether or not my ticket can be used?

Upvote (0)

Dear Sir/Ma, Complaints - Menu Served. The MD of my company travelled on Qatar Airlines from Lagos, Nigeria to Guangzhou, China on Wednesday, 25th February, 2015. She returned from there to Lagos, Nigeria as shown below: On this last trip to Lagos, Nigeria she was served a menu - a menu that looks like spaghetti and this gave her a very long, frustrating problem. She developed rashes on her skin and this disturbed her for days. Please we need to know the type of food served and why it gave her so much health issues. She had to go to the hospital and was given medication before this subsided. We had held Qatar Airways in high esteem and this type of problem is unexpected and this is a source of worry. I hope your Airline will attend to this and reply this message. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Upvote (0)

It was 23.03.2015 when I Checked in my luggage at DAR Airport to Bengaluru.Unfortunately after arriving at Bengalure I detected that my Mobile Phone was not in my bag,I didn't believe my eyes.The only thing which make me unhappy is that I'm now missing my lines which were in that phone.I'm taking another flight QR 573 tommorow from Bengalure to Doha then DAR.I wish to get more information on this otherwise it is a shame to the company and may Be I will take further action.

Upvote (0)

I was told that I could stop over in Doha for one night on my way back to London provided I leave within 24 hours and one change is free Now they tell me that They don't have seats in my category to be able to do this being busy period. I have no way of knowing in the absence of transparency if it is true It seems they want to not convert my seat into another category for me to utilize the facilities they dangled in front of me when I bought the ticket
This makes a mockery of the provisions stated a no one can use them s the airlines are always busy.

Upvote (0)

Based on visa problems my girlfriend could not board her flight to Doha while their own website said it was NOT a problem. The airliner was just afraid of getting a fine. I decided not to leave my girlfriend behind of course and lost 1100 euro!! I send an email, but NO response!!

Upvote (0)

This is to bring you in notice that there is a person who is working as a (ATS) or a (Flight Parking Executive) on a International airport. Who is only 6th standard pass and he have submitted Graduate fake certificate's. and that also of a fake University, He mean to say that he had bribe 10.000/- Q'Rival to One of a big officer who interviewed him and a senior of officer too, Please look in to this matter. As a well qualified and a needy person are left behind. The accused Name is : IBRAHIM MOHAMMED ALI SARGURUH. (2) OLD Passport no :B2910418. (3) Date of issue: 19/10/2000. (4) Date of expiry : 18/10/2010. (5) Indian

Upvote (0)

My wife was returning to Amman, Jordan from Peshawar through QR 347 on 14 January at Peshawar Airport. My wife has a special multiple entry visa emborsed on her passport from the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Jordan because I have a full diplomatic status in Jordan being the country head of United Nations. She was refused boarding because the staff on the check-in counter could not read Arabic and misread the date of visa being granted (2-8-2011) as the date of expiry of the visa whereas it was clearly written in Arabic that the visa is valid for one year.

My wife had to go through severe mental stress because my children are alone in Amman (I am currently in Baghdad) and we planned as such that the day I leave for Baghdad, my wife will arrive in Amman to take care of my children. Because of this sheer negligence my children have to go through exemplary mental stress and I am planning to sue Qatar Airways through the UN system. My wife will be returning now on 19 Jan (I had to pay the penalty for pushing her date of return to 19 Jan). If you guys dont have somebody who understand Arabic on the check-in counter, whose fault is this?

Upvote (0)

Dear sir/madam, This is Arul Balu, I was travelled on 26th March from Mumbai to Pempa (Mozambique) via. Doha.(QR201,QR532). When I get down Pempa airport I checked my check in baggage not yet arrived. Airport people said make a complaint about your luggage to airlines. I tried to call Qatar airways to doha or Mumbai nobody responding my phone. I made file a complaint.

Up to now I suffered without any clothes because of my lost luggage. Then I purchased some clothes from Pemba for certain amount (which I having dollar in my hand).Still I am suffering in my working place without any converall,and shoes. I would like to draw your attention that I had made this booking on Qatar Airlines due to the known reputation of Qatar Airlines w.r.t the service, being on-time and best airline.

Before I feel very happy because I going to travel no.1 airways as Qatar airways. Because of me lot of my friends travelling in Qatar airways because I recommended them for this airline. Now I fed up and worrying to travel with Qatar airways because of my bad experience with Qatar airways.

Because this is not first time its happened with me. Last time February 15, I travelled from Dar es sallam to doha then doha to Mumbai. In Dar es salaam to doha flight cancelled for due to some mechanical problem. That day I suffered lot. That time who was in charge over there (in Dar es Salaam airport) to take us to hotel. That guy not to help me. When he wants to send me to the hotel in Dar es Salaam the dar-es-salaam airport people asked me to take transit visa. I said its not my mistake the airlines should provide me for transit visa and hotel.

Then I asked the guy that time who was in charge in Qatar airways. He simply said I don’t have any money if u want to stay in hotel you should pay and I will repay money tomorrow otherwise you have to sleep in dar es salaam airport. I am not expect this type of answer from him. And also next day February (16th)my domestic flight also I missed. Then I ask the guy try to rebook me on 17th. He doesn’t pay attention what I said .Finally I paid the amount and stayed in hotel for a while (8 hours) and also I make a call to India to rebook my domestic flight myself. Next day when they called me for the flight. I showed him the voucher of the visa. He is trying to escape from me with this matter.

Now again I affected with my luggage lost. In effect due to delay of my luggage its affected me lot with physical discomfort, mental agony. Now I don’t want to wait for my luggage and I need fair amount of compensation for my luggage and also including compensation amount for how much I spent to purchase a material in Pempa. Pls as soon as to do the needful. My Privileged Membership number is 414911604.

Upvote (0)

To Whom It May Concern: Booking Number: 6NDOKR Ticket Number: 157-2328146885 Name: Graham Dutt Address: 21 Warren Street, London, W1T 5LT I’m writing to report an incident that occurred during Flight QR816 (Doha – Hong Kong, 3rd January 2013) and Flight QR 817 (Hong Kong – Doha, 11th January 2013). My friends and family have been recent patrons of Qatar airways, but this incident, which involved unhygienic conditions and a major fight has spurred me to file a formal complaint and obtain monetary compensation for my grievances.

Firstly, the level of cleanliness and hygiene standards on flight QR 816 ( Doha – Hong Kong) was absolutely appalling. I brought this to attention of the cabin crew and I was extremely UNSATISFIED with their response – ‘ sorry sir, on behalf of the airline we would like to apologise.’ There were food crumbs all over the floor and they did not even offer another seating area !!! Secondly, the more dramatic issue in relation to flight QR 817. As my wife, Dhanya Asokkumar, and I, Graham Dutt, boarded the flight and sat on our seats, 15A and 15B, there was a brawl between two Muslim men.

The dispute apparently started when one of the men reclined his seat and the person behind him did not appreciate it - the next thing we saw was a punch been thrown. I informed the cabin crew immediately as the situation was out of control. The cabin staff, Azman, could not really handle the situation and it was appalling with the level of unprofessionalism he had as NO action was taken! My wife and I were extremely concerned about our security and safety as they were allowed to fly.

We could not relax, sleep or were able to get into our comfort zone on the flight as we feared for our safety – it was the most horrific experience ever as my wife and I and a passenger on seat 14A were emotionally distressed! My wife and I look forward to hearing from you by 23rd January 2013 and receive our monetary compensation within 14 days otherwise I will take this matter further. I look forward to a successful resolution. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Upvote (0)

There are things I’d like to share concerning my last 2 trips with Qatar Airways. 1. Priority boarding when you travel with young children is bullshit in Doha As written in this link: http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/travelling-with-children.page passengers travelling with young children or infant get the priority boarding. But what I experienced in Doha is far from that. On June 24 (QR 670), I travelled from Doha to Jakarta with my 1,5 old baby. I didn’t ask for a priority boarding because on 25.09.2011 (Doha-Jakarta trip, QR 81).

I asked for a priority boarding since I was with my sleeping infant, but the crew looked at me as if I was an irritating client who asked for a huge favor. she then asked other passengers if they didn’t mind. Not wanting the same thing to be happened, that time I chose to queue. The female crew which was on duty noticed my presence but didn’t do anything… She, instead gave a priority to an Arabian family (a father, a mother, and 3 kids age around 10, 6 and 3). I looked at her, puzzled. How could she only gave the priority to that family, and ignore a mother (without the husband) travelling alone, carrying a 1,5 yr old baby and a big backpack? (My journey lasted 23 hours in total so I had lots of diapers, baby clothes, baby foods and some toys in my backpack). Is it because I’m not an Arabian?

From my experience being 4 times in Doha, I noticed the Qatar ground crews were nicer and more friendly to Arabian passengers. On August 29 (QR 81), I flew from Doha to Rome, and this time I was with my husband. When it was time for boarding, my baby was crying because he wanted to have some breast milk. My husband asked the crew if we could have the priority boarding so we could get into the plane immediately to breastfeed my baby. Guess what…he didn’t allow us to! Frankly speaking, I really wanted to punch him on the face for his refusal. I ALWAYS got the priority boarding EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD, but in Doha! So there we were…my husband did the queue for about 30 minutes and I did my best to calm my crying baby.

Bassinet seat problem On August 28, we departed from Jakarta to Rome and we had seat issue for Doha-Rome trip (QR 81). The ground crew in Jakarta told me he couldn’t give me the bassinet seat for the Doha-Rome trip using the computer system in Jakarta. But later in Doha, I could ask the ground crew to get my seat changed. Soon after we arrived in Doha, I went to the information center and they told me to get my seat changed on my gate. Since the gate was closed, we waited for about half an hour and when it opened (for another flight, not for ours) we asked them to change our seat but they said they couldn’t do that since the flight was full. However, they said we could go to the transfer desk and ask them to change the seat.

Not wanting to give up, we went to the transfer desk. It was full of people, and after 40 minutes standing in the line, we finally got our turn. The lady who was working on the extreme right desk that night (it was past midnight, and I feel so stupid for not remembering her name) told us there was nothing she could do since the flight was full. It was unbelievable… That lady was a big fat liar, I should write down our conversation to make it clear how bad the Qatar Airways ground crew in Doha. Me: But how come you didn’t give me the bassinet seat though it was requested months before? The big fat liar: because this flight is full, mam Me: full with what? With adults? Or with infants?

The big fat liar: the bassinet seats are full with infants, mam (bullshit #1) Me: ah ok, (I felt somewhat upset) The big fat liar: But the seat you have now is also a bassinet seat, mam (bullshit #2) Me: Really? But my seat is seat #43, the bassinet seats are in #10 The big fat liar: we also have bassinet seats in the back part of the plane…(bullshit #3) and that is yours, mam Me: (overwhelmed) thank you so much. When we got in the plane, we found out the seat #43 is a regular seat. I asked one of the cabin crews if I could move to the bassinet seat. I also told her if the bassinet seats were all occupied with infants then it was not a problem, but if there were adults sitting there, then the seat should be mine. To make the long story short, several cabin crews were involved, trying to convince us to stay where we were, but how could we sit in a regular seat with an infant on our lap? For a 6 hours flight? We could barely move! And what the use of requesting bassinet seat months before??

I was so pissed off! That was the worst flying experience ever! I got fooled by a big-fat-liar-ground-crew after doing a 40 minutes queue, then I got refused for a priority boarding so I had to queue for another 30 minutes with a crying infant, just to find out that there was nothing that the cabin crew could do to help me to get my bassinet seat. So in the end I told them to just fu*k off because I was sick of them. And suprisingly it worked! After seeing me mad, a cabin crew named Mr.Ashroush (I suppose he was the head of the cabin crew) tried to calm me down and asked the passengers who were sitting in the bassinet seats to switch place. They were unhappy, of course, but we thanked them anyway. And surprise…surprise…..all the bassinet seats (there are 4 bassinets in total) were occupied with ADULTS! My baby was the only infant on board, yet they gave the bassinet seats to adults instead. Requesting the seat was useless, asking them to change the seat politely was useless, you have to show them your anger in order to be respected. What a shame!

Burgundy membership inconsistent policy My husband and I have privilege card and last year we collected 80 Qpoints (on September). I know that you have to collect at least 50 Qpoints to be in the Burgundy level, but we forgot to ask for it, and on January 2012, our Qpoints was 0 again. This year (on august) we also collected 80 Qpoints and yesterday (Sept, 26) my husband’s burgundy card arrived at home. I tweeted Qatar Airways, asking why we didn’t get burgundy membership last year, despite the 80 Qpoint that we collected, but they were useless, they just told me it was automatic and I should send email to Qatar. If they had given us the burgundy membership last year, we could have obtained the burgundy facilities on our previous trips this year.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a ticket travelling from Barcelona to Melbourne with Qatar airways because of their supposedly good reputation. I bought it at a considerablely higher cost than normal solely because of the 1 hour transfer waiting time at Doha. The flight left Barcelona one hour late which resulted in me missing the transfer at Doha. Knowing that the flight was arriving late, I asked the flight attendents for advice. They showed no interest in helping me and reluctantly told me to ask for advice once we landed. Once landed, I ran straight to the departure gate for the Doha- Melbourne leg only to see the gate had closed 10 minutes previously.

An airport security guard directed me to the Qatar Airways transfer desk, where I waited 4 hours until I was allocated a hotel room where subsequently there were major construction works going on right outside my room. Needless to say I did not sleep. When I purshased the ticket I reserved an emergency exit seat for the Doha-Melbourne leg because of the 13 hour flight duration. But when I was allocated a seat the following day for the replacement flight I was given a normal seat without extra leg room.

What´s more I was seated along side a man who was drunk even before the plane had taken off. It was visibly clear the man was drunk but the flight attendents continued to serve him alcohol whenever he requested it.. After seven hours he was so drunk he laid down on the floor between the rows literally beneath my feet for the remaining five hours. When I directed this to the attention of the flight attendents they did absolutely nothing. Not only was this the worst flight I have ever experienced it also resulted in me missing xmas day with my family, which was terribly upsetting. I hope to receive an immediate response from Qatar Airways informing me on how I am to be compensated for this maltreatment and totally unprofessional service. If I don´t recieve an immediate response with suitable compensation I will leave the manner in the hands of my lawyers.

Upvote (0)

This is my complaint about qatar airways regarding Hotel Booking.Today 1st Dec 2012 I am flying From Hyderabad to Juba (South Sudan). My Arival time in Diha is 6:00Am in the morning.My next flight to Nairibi is nextday morning 1:25Am. When I looked for the hotel booking. I was told that I dont have hotel booking. Qatar Staff told me you have booked a cheap flight you cant get the hotel on that booking. (If this kind of cheap flight booking is there,It must be stppped,Travell Agents spoil the Name of Qatar Airways) We people don't know about your booking system. When I got this ticket booked from Travell Agent he gave me ticket like this having transit period more then 10 hours. I have been travelling via Qatar aiarways since Nov 2008. You can check my recrds thru my Burgendy Privellege Club Member no 406230665. My concern is if pasenger is not aware about your system about Transit.It is qatar Airways duty to help the pasenger out not to blame about the buyng the cheap tickets. One more thing about I know about Qatar Airways,If the Transit time is more then 8 hours. They provide the hotel facility. But I was not given that facility too. This is for your kind infornmation to pay attention to facilitate passengers not to blaim. Hope to get positive response from your side.

Upvote (0)

I booked my ticket Doha-Mumbai on Qatar Airways 27/09/2012 for my family with seating arrangements 20J, K & G travel date 01/12/2012. When we reported at the airport counter 4 hours before flight time, we were informed that the seating arrangement is not as per ticket and that one ticket is 5 rows behind. I was surprised to know that our seating arrangement is not sure in the airline. Since we had no option, we accepted the row 39 seats. How can we change our seats and write a complaint letter for the problems we have had on Qatar Airways. Booking References are : 77MHLG, 77MSK7. Please look into the matter.

Upvote (0)

Dear Qatar Team, I had filed a complaint regarding my lost baggage. I went to the US last week and it was the first time I was travelling by Qatar Airways. It was a Karachi-Doha-NewYork flight and back ( JFK to Doha QR 84, Doha to Karachi QR 318) The experience was very disappointing since when i reached back to Karachi, I could not find one of my suitcases. The officials were not sure whether its at JFK or Doha. This was the first time my luggage was lost so I got really disturbed because my bag had all my important items and all the expensive shopping I had done in the USA in it. I filed my complaint and went home. It was comforting for me to see on your website that the recovery time for the lost luggage is just 24 hours and I filed a complain accordingly. However, not only was there no response from your officials for the next 3 days (72 hours), nobody even picked the numbers they had provided me to inquire at about my luggage. Finally, I got through them after three days and I was told them they have not heard about my luggage yet and will revert.

After 4 days, I was finally informed that my luggage has arrived from Doha and I should come collect it tomorrow. i went to collect it but for further disappointment, the suitcase was NOT mine. It was somebody else's. and they still have no clue about mine. its been 7 days now, my suitcase had a lot of my important stuff in it, and i am very very upset. nobody from Qatar Pakistan is helping and I really need you to look into this matter urgently. Working in a service industry, what matters most is how happy and satisfied a customer feels with your service. Starting from a ride from newyork during which all the televisions on the aircraft were non functional (mind you, an 11 hour journey without a Television is highly frustrating) and ending with no baggage at Karachi, the way the entire matter was handled was pathetic. Thoroughly disappointed in the service, I do not think I would travel by Qatar airways ever again or recommend anyone to do so. Just thought that a global reputed airline like yours would treat customers in a much better way.

Upvote (0)

My wife and i had taken qatar airways from johannesburg to delhi on 19th december 2012 and return flight from islamabad on 1st january 2013. I had requested for wheelchair assistance but was only provided with it from johannesburg to doha and at delhi. Our flight from islamabad was delayed for 5 hours due to fog and we were made to to sit on the aircraft for 5 hours. I was not given wheelchair assistance at doha and on arrival at johannesburg. I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that i was requested by your cabin staff to assist with a passenger who had taken ill on the flight from doha to delhi on 20th december and i am amazed that i did not even receive a message of thanks from you. We would find it very difficult to fly with you again.

Upvote (1)

I purchased two business class tickets to travel on 3 March 2013 from Kuwait to Amritsar (India)and come back on 9 March 2013. But at the check-in in Kuwait airport, the officer on the desk informed me that the trip from Doha to Amritsar shall be on economy class since all plane's seats were converted to economy class and I should keep my boardings and ask for refund from Qatar-airways office in Kuwait when I come back. I visited Qatar-airways office in Kuwait on 13 March 2013 presenting to the officer my boarding tickets and telling him what happened. The officer took the boardings and gave me a receipt and informed me that the boardings shall be sent to Doha to calculate the refund and they will contact me as soon as they receive the reply. I thought the office is able to calculate the refund and pay me rightaway, but I was mistaken.

I waited for more than 3 weeks till I received an e-mail dated 4 April 2013 from Qatar-airways headquarters in Doha apologizing for what happened to me and my wife and indicating that as a gesture of goodwill they offer $220 for each passenger in the form of NON-Refundable EMD (Electronic Miscellaneous Document) to be used for Qatar-airways services and valid for one year from the date of issue. Thy did not indicate this is my refund which should be in cash the same way I purchased the tickets, they gave the feeling that this is a compensation due to the flight discomfort to travel on economy class. When I contacted Kuwait office rejecting the EMD copouns and requesting the difference in fare due to the downgrading to be in cash, the officer on phone offered me 50% of the EMD values ($110 for each passenger). This is against the civil aviation laws.

According to the law, I am entitled for a refund of 50% of the tickets price since the trip between Doha and Amritsar is between 1500 and 3000 km (2780 km). If they just offered the fair refund (difference in fare between business class trip and economy class trip for Doha-Amritsar sector, I would accept it). This is my first travel on Qatar-airways. I never expected to have such problem and takes 4 weeks till they respond for my complaint and ignore it is a legal refund case.

Upvote (0)

My Mother-in-law, wife and children's were traveled from JFK to Chennai on 02/17/2013. They reached to Chennai around 3.30 AM on 02/19/2013. (Original start location is CMH to jfk Delta connection flight to qatar) We found that we missed 6 items from checked baggage's. We live 3 hours away from Chennai. Missing Items are listed below. 1) Acqua di gio Men's EDT spray costes $70.00 US 2) ck one $35.00 US 3) Ferrari block $35 US 4) Aveeno 2 pack moichrising lotion $14 US 5) Hollister hood i t-shirt for Men $35 US 6)one Arizona hood i t-shirt for Men. $14 US I am not sure where to complaint these. Here are the e-ticket numbers they traveled. Airline Reservation Code 8Q4BMV eTicket Receipt(s) 1577195087020/21 - DONKA/Lavanya 1577195087022/23 - VEERA/V 1577195087024/25 - VEERA/V Can you please help us how to proceed to get refund for these missing Items's? Please feel free to contact me at 1- 614 403 6014(USA) or email me back.

Upvote (2)

I arrived at JFk early Saturday morning, around 6 am. The plan was to beat out the Hurricane that was soon to hit NYC on Sunday. Now, being that I was coming from Virginia, ensuring a spot on the plane was of great importance. Before I left the Hampton Roads area I placed a call to the customer service center to ensure that everything was in place for take off. I was assured that everything was fine, and that no changes were on the rise. When I get to JFk, several hours later, the airport shuts down and everyone is told they would have to leave.

Fast Forward to Saturday. Now, I call into the company to ask about re-booking my flight. My past flight QR 84 from Jfk-Doha and then Doha- Guangzhou CHina has been canceled, due to the storm. The Operator sets me up automatically for Tuesday, as-what she called it-an "Insurance Policy". She never stated that there was a flight leaving out on Monday at all. After sitting on the phone for at least 45 minutes a pop, due to the high influx of calls, I decided to find out if I could change my flight from the final destination to Shanghai, instead.

I kept being told to call back in two hours to find out what the rate office had to say. 72 hours later and 3 operators too much, I was told that there is no way possible I could change anything. And, that the event wasn't there fault. I pleaded with the operators, informing them that I had been sleeping on the floor in the forth terminal and I would really prefer not leaving on Tuesday, being that I have spent well over three days sprawled on the floor, already.

One operator told me she changed my flight to Shanghai, and that she had sent the itinerary to my email. When I checked, see set me up for the same flight she set me up for from the beginning. As of now, I am still in JFk, awaiting for a flight that does not leave until Tuesday night at 11pm. This was my first time ever flying Qatar airways. I was excited about my flight in. The service was nice and the people were polite. However, due to lack of compassion for customers, I am going to check out Emirates, or some other airlines.

I just couldn't believe that after talking to 4 different operators, all they could tell me is, "It's not combinable! We can't do anything! THe rate office doesn't talk to customers...oh, and the best one.....I will have to charge you to change your booking, because we already rebooked you for Tuesday. I guess that if I was First class or Business class, I would of had more luck. I was in economy. Those in economy class just aren't worth the time!. Thank you Qatar airways for 'Portraying" to be five star, however, lacking 5 star customer service.

Upvote (0)

I have booked one way air ticket in Qatar airways office at Qatar, for my wife and infant from Chennai to Doha for the date of 28th December 2012. The amount paid via debit card which is 1820 QAR, when i am checking online the prices showing QAR 1164 QAR. I even double checked with the local Qatar airways travels (AKBAR travels) they confirmed for QAR 1700. I again returned to check with Qatar airways people, they dont ready to give any explanation and just repeatdley telling online prices are different , and i called Qatar airways call center where they are answered based on chennai india prices are cheaper we can not match those prices. What i wonder is how it is possible for the same economy class flight two different rates from same Qatar airways. Why dont they tell us take the ticket from chennai.

Qatar Airways flight QR901 Perth to Doha and Flight No QR45 Doha to Manchester

My husband suffers with a bladder problem so, with a delay in take off, he required to use the washroom as soon as the seat belt signs were switched off. When this time came he got up but when he went to go in the washroom a tall blonde flight attendant (name of Anncunna or similar spelling) snapped that he couldn't use it as the seat belt signs hadn't been switched off. He politely pointed out that they had been as he had diligently waited until that happened to which she didn't reply. I had a later experience with this same member of staff when I was stretching my legs, as you are advised to do on aircraft, and she was in the corridor. I squeezed passed and she gave me a look as if to say I was in the way. All the other staff were very pleasant, as they have always been on any airlines we have travelled with in the past. We are pensioners who come from a small Island, the Isle of Man, and who had saved up for a very long time to experience the holiday of a lifetime. A flight like this costs a lot of money and you do not expect to be treated this way by a flight attendant.

Much more serious though was that a jam I was served for breakfast was covered in thick mould. I immediately showed it to the flight attendant (not the one mentioned above as she was serving the other side of the 'plane). She took it away and said her manager would come and see me about it. It was lucky that I noticed as I was watching a film anc could easily have put a knife in the jam and spread it inside the roll without looking at it and that could have had serious consequences if I had eaten it. In the event nobody came to see me about the incident and eventually the flight attendant just came back with a form for me to fill in which I thought was extremely bad customer service when I had been served up covered in mould.
It will be a couple of years away until we save up again but we hope to visit our family again who emigrated to Perth last year so hopefully Qatar can help to redress the balance of a very unpleasant experience by providing a voucher towards some of the cost of a flight in the future. I would be grateful that this is taken as an official complaint and feel it is serious enough to be dealt with by a Manager. Certainly the foods standards agency would be appalled to think a customer was served with jam which was covered in thick mould. I await your reply as soon as practicable.

Upvote (0)

Dear Sir/ Madam, My cargo from India to Doha and Doha to Tbilisi. I am waiting for my cargo for last 8 days. My cargo is postponing from 16 sep day by day till today. I contact by phone and by mail, they told that due to excess baggage they are postponing. They book my cargo i paid every thing is ok until Doha, from Doha they stop. If my cargo is excess why they book my cargo and they bring until Doha. Why don't they tell it will be excess baggage in Doha before i book my cargo. Here is my cargo details Tracing Information for 157-18187466 AWB No 157-18187466 Origin BOM Destination TBS Pieces 6 GrossWeight 200.30 Volume 0.79 Chargeable Weight 200.50 Status Segment Flight No Flight Date Arrival Date Arrival Time Pieces Weight Status BOM-DOH QR201 15-SEP-12 15-SEP-12 0535 6 200.30 Consignment arrived on this flight DOH-TBS QR976 24-SEP-12 24-SEP-12 1915 6 200.30.

Upvote (0)

I had made a booking to travel from Abu Dhabi to Bangalore on 28.11.2012. The flight (QR 131) was enroute via Doha to Bangalore. The scheduled time of departure from Abu Dhabi was at 8.15 pm and I boarded the flight on time and arrived in Doha on time. At Doha Airport, the travel desk Duty Manager – Mr. Clifton-Agent, Airport Service and Mr. Raji informed that the onward flight to Bangalore on 28.11.2012 (flight QR # 226) to Bangalore was delayed and scheduled to depart next day morning (29.11.2012) at 2.00 am. After having a very tedious wait at the general place at the airport, I went to board the flight at the time announced by the Airline. That time Ms. Zsuzaanna- Duty Manager and Ms. Shaimaa-Supervisor informed me and couple of other passengers to keep away from the check-in counter. When I enquired about it, they informed us that, since the destined aircraft to Bangalore is full, I along with 4 other passengers were offloaded, including our luggage.

Further, she asked us to keep away from the main desk and made us to wait at the far end of the check-in counter to ensure that the destined Bangalore flight to travel with ease. Despite our repeated requests as to why we were offloaded, no plausible explanation was provided to us. We had lodged a complaint in writing (complaint form attached) at Doha airport itself. Later on I found (were informed on our persistent insistence) that the idea of off loading was known to the airline staff / Duty staff at Doha airport as soon as we reached from Abu Dhabi.

They concealed this information from us and made us to wait eternally. In fact just before the departure of my flight to Bangalore, there were other flights to various destinations like Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad. The concerned duty staff could have easily accommodated me/us to some of the Airline to the nearest destinations in India and arrange a connecting flight to Bangalore OR they could have checked with co passengers to take a convenient route if possible, to accommodate us. After having heated exchange of words with the Qatar Airline staff, they agreed to take offloaded passengers to Dubai airport in the morning and made onward booking to Bangalore by Emirates Airlines which was scheduled to depart to Bangalore from Dubai on November 29 at about 1.00 pm. At last we reached Bangalore Airport at about 6 pm on 29.11.2012 by Emirates Airlines.

I would like to draw your attention that I had made this booking on Qatar Airlines due to the known reputation of Qatar Airlines w.r.t the service, being on-time and best airline AND further due to my urgent meeting with my Tax consultant, Doctor’s appointment and coupled with some other business meetings in India. In effect, due to the delay I could not attend any of the scheduled meetings in India and was compelled to cancel the whole programme. Besides, due to the day long waiting in the Doha/Dubai Airport made me sick for the subsequent days. This terrible incident affected me lot with physical discomfort, mental agony. Since I was on business tours/vacation, I could not write to you earlier.

Due to all of the above I have incurred a huge monetary loss to the extent of AED 20,000 to 25,000 (loss of business/physical discomfort/mental agony apart from the loss of holidays and sickness. In view of this, I rightfully claim a compensation of a minimum of AED 20,000/= for reasons mentioned above incurred to me due to this wrong off-loading. I look forward to your positive response at the earliest. FYI, my Privileged Membership number is 414395860 and my contact details are given below. I have attached the Boarding passes, Un-used Boarding pass, Complaint Form.

Upvote (0)

Airline booking reference was 8NP284 & E-ticket No. 157 2633291645. I was booked on 22 Jan 2013 from Dammam to Doha (QR 717) and onwards on 23 Jan 2013 from Doha to Colombo (QR 300). I was in transit at Doha and while boarding flight to Colombo, I was redirected to Transfer Desk at Doha and was told that I was offloaded as flight was overbooked. I highly upset and explained to them that I had a business meeting to attend at Colombo and had to thereafter return back to Mumbai as my wife is cancer patient. With great difficulty, they placed me on Doha to Dubai (QR 104) and thereafter from Dubai to Colombo flight (EK 348). I was handed over Flight Interruption Manifest bearing No. 2157 4500 251198 dated 23 Jan 2013. To my dismay, the flight from Doha to Dubai got delayed by 2 hours and therefore, Emirates flight from Dubai to Colombo was closed. I was at a Transfer Lounge the whole day and there was no Qatar Airways staff to address the problem.

After a lot of follow-up, so called ‘dedicated’ staff of Dubai airport authority by name of Ms.Mariam came to Qatar airways counter and on approaching her she did not even bother to hear out the problem and stated that I have to display patience and said they would let me know. There was not even a drop of water offered leave alone any refreshments or food until 3 pm. At 3.30 pm after a lot of arguments, they offered lounge entry to have food. The whole approach in treating me and other passengers who were stuck for different flights was as if we were beggars. After waiting from 7 am till 7 pm (12 hours) in a horrifying experience, I was told that I am being flown back to Doha (from where I had arrived) (QR 109 leaving Dubai on 23 Jan 2013) and thereafter from Doha to Colombo (QR 300) leaving Doha on 24 Jan 2013. In all I wasted more than 24 hours and was not even given any hotel accommodation or provided any facilities. I have incurred heavy losses in my business due to my inability to reach Colombo in time due to such callous attitude. I demand a minimum compensation from the airline of USD 5000 failing which I shall have to move the court of law, which please note.

Upvote (0)

I missed flight QR 582(gate 10) on 1 December 2012 from Doha to Cape Town,because of late departure from Heathrow.They rebooked me for the next day on QR 584 from Doha to Johannesburg. They arranged with South African Airways for me for a flight to Cape Town.South African Airways charged me R250.00 for my extra bag. They tell me to ask you to refund me the R250.00,because there policy differs from Qatar airways and i was only aloud 1 bag.Can you please refund me for the baggage I am also very dissapointed the way the ground staff at Johannesburg airport treat me when i get there. They told me that Qatar airways did not make proper arrangements with them.

Upvote (0)

Mr. Akbar Al- Baker CEO Qatar Airways Doha, Qatar Subject: Complain. Dear sir, With regards ,I am Md. Saydul Islam Mokul , BGD- Passport No : AC1834259, Qatar Airline PNR : “YX17OR. I like to informing you; 19/03/2013 at 6.55 pm my flight was Confirmed from Dhaka To Caracas (CCS) by flight no : QR343. This complaint have to written my self against to the Qatar Airways Security stuff “ Mr. Touhid. Sir, Please kindly note that: This person (Mr. Touhid) seriously force me by his cruelty and exited behave, that why I am going to Caracas? Who issue this visa?

And he says that he have the full authority to cancel anyone Visa & passport any time. Just he avoid to hit me physically but without this all he done by his angry , excited attitude. Several times I am trying to contact with the administration officer of Qatar Airways in Dhaka. But I am Unable to meet there. Sincerely Request you for pay attention of the Whole matter. Also Complain for the bad Attitude of your Airline Stuff. I am really Afset For the behave in the Airport Qatar Airline Desk stuff & for insulted me.

Upvote (0)

I made a booking on your website on Sunday the 14th of October 2012, i have paid with credit card as i want to fly from Dubai to Cape town South Africa on the 6th of nov and return the 16th of nov. the payment went off on my account as i recieved a confermation on my mobile. However i never recieved any ticket on my email. I phoned the booking office in dubai on the 14th of oct 2012. They said that they can see the booking has been made and they will send an email to headoffice to send my ticket via email. I then went to work and only checked my emails today, just to find no ticket. I then phoned dubai office again just to find out that my booking has been cancelled.

They then gave me the number for E.COMME, i spoke to Achmed who said that the money has been returned, but i didnt recieve any confermation on my mobile i told him as i am now unable to make any bookings. I have vacation coming up and this is unexceptable as no one send me any email or follow up. And the worst of all the fares has gone up. I dont think any of your other passangers would be happy if they see what ive been through with qatar if i should place this on twitter or facebook regarding the poor service delivery, i feel really upset and feel what you have done is totally unfair and the world should know about this. All i wanted is to be home with my family even if its just for a short period, but i take it that wont happen.

Upvote (0)

We were travelling from Bali to Singapore on 30th of May 2013. We have requsted for vegetarian meals. According to our religion Jainism we cant touch non vegetarian food. We had requsted all the way vegetarian food. They gave us non vegetarian food. on the food it was written veg meals. My wife saw the food and doubted and told me something is fishy. But I told her that how can . This airline is no one in the world can,t make this kind of grave mistake and i eat one spoon of the food. since my wife was insisting we called the aircrew. one punjabi girl came and refused to accept that by mistake they gave us wrong food. still they were telling no it is correct food.

But since my wife did not eat anything we called the supervisor. Mr Gaurav Sharma flight supervisor that day came and told us oh it is a grave mistake. He told us that yes it was non vegetarian food and apologised to us. We told us we take this grave mistake seriously. As i have eaten the food i am feeling guilty of that. It has caused me lot pain and depression. Gaurav told us that he will take this complain to the higher authority and within 2 weeks we will get the reply. He given us surity that the action will be taken

Very sorry say today after 3 months we have not got any reply. We did not expect this kind of behaviour from the airline which is top airline in the world. We want to take this matter to media if we dont receive any reply asap. We need earnest rteply so that we in future take the same airline and appreciate the action. Waiting for an early and urgent reply.

Upvote (0)

I Am frequent Customer With Qatar Airways and we weekly book more than 1000 ticket Today march31 i booked for me from lagos-doha-islamabad and i confirm from your local office my stay is.long 23 hours so booked for me hotel also they reply me when i reach to doha go transfer desk and they will provide me hotel facility any how i double check on your online servise also you people write there if stay more than 8 hours airway provide hotel but when i reach doha at midnight qatar a/w staff refuse to provide me hotel and when i ask them why staff reply because of i am pakistani thats why they not give me hotel may i ask you why not for pakistani? why why why i am sorry you lost not only me my full staff now not travel with qatar next time.

Contact the Qatar Airways Complaint Department