Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Jun 03, 2011
Horrible

I was originally booked on the 30th Flight from Bangalore to Houston via Doha, The airlines rescheduled my tickets for 31st May without informing me. When I called Qatar customer service they blamed me for not updating my telephone number when I booked my tickets. I questioned them saying iam a privileged member & they have all my details for which they had no answer. The reason for rescheduling my tickets was that the airlines had scheduled delay of flight & they knew I would miss my flight in Doha & they need to spend lot of money, instead they rescheduled my flight for 24 hours late take off from Bangalore. when I came to know about this I requested them to route my ticket Via Chennai or Mumbai so that I could still reach USA on schedule for which they asked me to pay extra money & also buy my own tickets from Bangalore. Instead of compensating for my delay they made me feel that I was at fault & the customer service was so rude mentioning I need to keep calling them since they have only inbound calls & no outbound calls. They refused to even connect me to the supervisor or the manager. I have decided not to again travel with Qatar, very bad service

Have you had problems with Qatar Airways?

Compare Qatar Airways to Similar Airlines more...

Top 100 Reviews about Qatar Airways

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Qatar Airways customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bad

In flight service was very good. Flights are in excellent with good facilities. The way handled Transit Delay passengers at Doha Airport really unprofessional. On 16th, I arrived from Colombo from QR 657, arrived at Doha 1.00AM, transfer counter staff member informed me that they won't be able to check me in to my next connecting flight to Muscat at 01.15 am due to the first flight delay.

I have request them to send me before 8.00 am to Oman as I have to attend a very very important meeting at 9.00 am. I clearly mentioned staff members about the meeting and impact towards my career, they agreed to give me a seat in Oman Air. They kept me two hours in the bench and told me that their is no enough meals in Oman air and they are not allowing passengers without meals. Since I have to stay more than 5 hours in the airport due to Air line issue, I request them to provide me airport hotel facility which they said all air port Hotels are full.

I am disappointed after finding out from Oman air counter that they don't have any issue with meals and ready to check me in and also regards to airport hotel there were plenty of rooms available as per reception and offer me a lounge room for $ 65. They provide me meal coupon in a restaurant which was closed for dinner its opening at 5.00 am and my checking in time 6.20 am. Last month when my family visit me, they lost their all the luggage and it too two days to arrive, due to above delay I am risking my job.

Horrible

I had booked a flight from London to Islamabad. My flight from London was on the 1/04/2015 at 15.05, and I had a change from Doha. When I got off at Islamabad my suitcase had not arrived, so I made a complaint. The person had said that he would find out and call me. As I am here in Islamabad with my in-laws, and would like someone to look into this, I would be grateful if someone would look into this. All my very important documents, and other things as well, were in my luggage and I am in need of those documents ASAP!

Horrible

Qatar Airways has a serious problem, the lack of qualified maintenance engineers plus the unprofessional staff; I had the same problem in two weeks. In Amman Jordan QR 401 on 9 April 2015, they dumped all passengers in the airplane and they knew that there was a problem that took more than three hours. As a result I was late to work.

My next flight was on 30 April 2015 to Dhabi QR 1030. They did the same thing but more than two and half hours with no explanation or justification for the delay. They forced us not to leave the airplane as a result I missed the wedding in Dubai that I have travelled for.

I all cases no manager or responsible person, nobody says the truth and unprofessional staff and not implementing the travel regulations. Finally this not or close to a one star airline.

Bad

I was in flight from Riyadh to Doha then Algeri on March 22 2015 QR 1167. Unfortunately due to weather problem the flight diverted to Bahrain stayed in the air craft for 5:30 hours then finally left to Doha. In Doha we missed our flight to Algeria and we tried very hard with Qatar air to provide accommodation to flay the next day to Algeria. Qatar air failed to provide such a accommodation, and we had to do it on our own. My question to you can I provide you with full documentation of the expense so I can be reimbursed for it.

Horrible

Complaint: Booked seat differs from alloted seat at ccu airport

My Airline reservation code is ZKEENQ ( QR ) & Reservation code is IOGHBA . I travelled from CCU, Kolkta to DFW, Tx. On 15th April' 15. Your Kolkata office alloted us perfect seat No 21A & C but our 2nd part of the journey for 16 hrs duration we were separated by wrong allotment of seat no. 24E & 24J instead of 33A & 33C. For which we requested to cabin staff, but they did not help me saying they are helpless. We are senior citizen aged 68 and 60yrs and assisted wheel chairs. So you may feel the amount of difficulties we have suffered during our journey. It's a gross negligence of services which is not expected from a globally reputed Airlines like Qatar. I shall be happy with your clarification for my sufferings during our journey.

Horrible

Qatar Airways has by far THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of travel. To call themselves a 5-Star Airline is a disgrace to all the other mediocre airlines out there doing things right and giving good customer satisfaction. I was on a trip of a lifetime with a month long journey scheduled through SE Asia. They lost my baggage!!!! No courtesy was given, no compensation for the 30-plus days I was without any clothing in 4 different foreign countries, no explanation to where my bag ended up, no word from them for over 3 months...

Good

I started my journey from Dallas (Texas) to India via doha by QR734. I had been issued baggage receipt at Dallas.We boarded QR 564 (continuous flight) at Doha. When reached New Delhi airport on 12.04.2015 at 3.30 AM,I could not find my baggage. I lodged a complaint at new delhi airport about my missing bag.I contacted over telephone several times from my flat at Delhi. I was informed that my baggage was not found scanned at Doha Airport. I feel it might not have been loaded at Dallas airport. Please help me in getting my baggage!

Good

I bought a first class ticket to travel from Doha to Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab) last year on 1st June 2014, and return from Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab)to Doha on 15th August 2014. Ticket Number is [157-2341893586] and Booking Reference [54UWTX]. For some reason, that is to attend a conference in Tunisia, I canceled the reservation from Doha on 1st June, and I travelled from Tunisia to Alexandria using another airline. On my journey back to Doha, I approached Qatar Airways in Alexandria ( located at Hilton Green Plaza Hotel- Tel: 00203 4204033). I showed them my ticket no.[157-2341893586] and they booked a seat for me on 15th August 2014 with new Booking Reference[ Y4UG66].

My complaint is this: I went to Qatar Airways Office at (Recreation Center, Qatar Foundation wherefrom I bought the ticket) asking for either reactivating the part of my ticket which I have not used or refunding me of this part. I got a negative reply; You cannot get either one! I contacted the main office in Doha and I got same reply because they say that I travelled out of journey sequence! Now if this is true why they made for me a new booking reference from Alexandria by same ticket? Whey they did not advise me to get a refund of the ticket ( the ticket is good for one year)and pay for a new ticket for the return journey? How this can happen while I followed all normal procedures: Paying a 1st class ticket in cash- Cancelling the outward journey in advance and asking your office in Alexandria before getting the new booking Whether or not my ticket can be used?

Bad

Dear Sir/Ma, Complaints - Menu Served. The MD of my company travelled on Qatar Airlines from Lagos, Nigeria to Guangzhou, China on Wednesday, 25th February, 2015. She returned from there to Lagos, Nigeria as shown below: On this last trip to Lagos, Nigeria she was served a menu - a menu that looks like spaghetti and this gave her a very long, frustrating problem. She developed rashes on her skin and this disturbed her for days. Please we need to know the type of food served and why it gave her so much health issues. She had to go to the hospital and was given medication before this subsided. We had held Qatar Airways in high esteem and this type of problem is unexpected and this is a source of worry. I hope your Airline will attend to this and reply this message. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Horrible

It was 23.03.2015 when I Checked in my luggage at DAR Airport to Bengaluru.Unfortunately after arriving at Bengalure I detected that my Mobile Phone was not in my bag,I didn't believe my eyes.The only thing which make me unhappy is that I'm now missing my lines which were in that phone.I'm taking another flight QR 573 tommorow from Bengalure to Doha then DAR.I wish to get more information on this otherwise it is a shame to the company and may Be I will take further action.

Bad

I was told that I could stop over in Doha for one night on my way back to London provided I leave within 24 hours and one change is free Now they tell me that They don't have seats in my category to be able to do this being busy period. I have no way of knowing in the absence of transparency if it is true It seems they want to not convert my seat into another category for me to utilize the facilities they dangled in front of me when I bought the ticket
This makes a mockery of the provisions stated a no one can use them s the airlines are always busy.

QATAR AIRWAYS QR
Flight Number 0565
Wednesday, 01 April
Departure: DEL DELHI, INDIA
Arrival: DOH DOHA, QATAR

Poor

Based on visa problems my girlfriend could not board her flight to Doha while their own website said it was NOT a problem. The airliner was just afraid of getting a fine. I decided not to leave my girlfriend behind of course and lost 1100 euro!! I send an email, but NO response!!

Bad

This is to bring you in notice that there is a person who is working as a (ATS) or a (Flight Parking Executive) on a International airport. Who is only 6th standard pass and he have submitted Graduate fake certificate's. and that also of a fake University, He mean to say that he had bribe 10.000/- Q'Rival to One of a big officer who interviewed him and a senior of officer too, Please look in to this matter. As a well qualified and a needy person are left behind. The accused Name is : IBRAHIM MOHAMMED ALI SARGURUH. (2) OLD Passport no :B2910418. (3) Date of issue: 19/10/2000. (4) Date of expiry : 18/10/2010. (5) Indian

Dear Sir.

I have booked one way air ticket in Qatar airways office at Qatar ,for my wife and infant from Chennai to Doha for the date of 28th December 2012 . The amount paid via debit card which is 1820 QAR, when i am checking online the prices showing QAR 1164 QAR. I even double checked with the local Qatar airways travels (AKBAR travels ) they confirmed for QAR 1700 .

I again returned to check with Qatar airways people, they dont ready to give any explanation and just repeatdley telling online prices are different , and i called Qatar airways call center where they are answered based on chennai india prices are cheaper we can not match those prices.

What i wonder is how it is possible for the same economy class flight two different rates from same Qatar airways. Why dont they tell us take the ticket from chennai .

Hello,

My Name is Kishore . My Mother-in-law, wife and children's were traveled from JFK to Chennai on 02/17/2013. They reached to Chennai around 3.30 AM on 02/19/2013. ( Original start location is CMH to jfk Delta connection flight to qatar)We found that we missed 6 items from checked baggage's. We live 3 hours away from Chennai. Missing Items are listed below..

1) Acqua di gio Men's EDT spray costes $70.00 US
2) ck one $35.00 US
3) Ferrari block $35 US
4) Aveeno 2 pack moichrising lotion $14 US
5) Hollister hood i t-shirt for Men $35 US
6)one Arizona hood i t-shirt for Men. $14 US

I am not sure where to complaint these.
Here are the e-ticket numbers they traveled.
Airline Reservation Code 8Q4BMV
eTicket Receipt(s)
1577195087020/21 - DONKA/Lavanya
1577195087022/23 - VEERA/V
1577195087024/25 - VEERA/V
Can you please help us how to proceed to get refund for these missing Items's ?
Please feel free to contact me at 1- 614 403 6014(USA) or email me back.

Thanks
Kishore

Poor

My wife and i had taken qatar airways from johannesburg to delhi on 19th december 2012 and return flight from islamabad on 1st january 2013. I had requested for wheelchair assistance but was only provided with it from johannesburg to doha and at delhi. Our flight from islamabad was delayed for 5 hours due to fog and we were made to to sit on the aircraft for 5 hours. I was not given wheelchair assistance at doha and on arrival at johannesburg. I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that i was requested by your cabin staff to assist with a passenger who had taken ill on the flight from doha to delhi on 20th december and i am amazed that i did not even receive a message of thanks from you. We would find it very difficult to fly with you again. Dr Siekander Khamissa.

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you one of my tragic experiences with your “Esteemed Airline”. I had made a booking to travel from Abu Dhabi to Bangalore on 28.11.2012. The flight (QR 131) was enroute via Doha to Bangalore. The scheduled time of departure from Abu Dhabi was at 8.15 pm and I boarded the flight on time and arrived in Doha on time.

At Doha Airport, the travel desk Duty Manager – Mr. Clifton-Agent, Airport Service and Mr. Raji informed that the onward flight to Bangalore on 28.11.2012 (flight QR # 226) to Bangalore was delayed and scheduled to depart next day morning (29.11.2012) at 2.00 am. After having a very tedious wait at the general place at the airport, I went to board the flight at the time announced by the Airline. That time Ms. Zsuzaanna- Duty Manager and Ms. Shaimaa-Supervisor informed me and couple of other passengers to keep away from the check-in counter. When I enquired about it, they informed us that, since the destined aircraft to Bangalore is full, I along with 4 other passengers were offloaded, including our luggage.

Further, she asked us to keep away from the main desk and made us to wait at the far end of the check-in counter to ensure that the destined Bangalore flight to travel with ease. Despite our repeated requests as to why we were offloaded, no plausible explanation was provided to us. We had lodged a complaint in writing (complaint form attached) at Doha airport itself.
Later on I found (were informed on our persistent insistence) that the idea of off loading was known to the airline staff / Duty staff at Doha airport as soon as we reached from Abu Dhabi. They concealed this information from us and made us to wait eternally. In fact just before the departure of my flight to Bangalore, there were other flights to various destinations like Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad. The concerned duty staff could have easily accommodated me/us to some of the Airline to the nearest destinations in India and arrange a connecting flight to Bangalore OR they could have checked with co passengers to take a convenient route if possible, to accommodate us.

After having heated exchange of words with the Qatar Airline staff, they agreed to take offloaded passengers to Dubai airport in the morning and made onward booking to Bangalore by Emirates Airlines which was scheduled to depart to Bangalore from Dubai on November 29 at about 1.00 pm. At last we reached Bangalore Airport at about 6 pm on 29.11.2012 by Emirates Airlines.

I would like to draw your attention that I had made this booking on Qatar Airlines due to the known reputation of Qatar Airlines w.r.t the service, being on-time and best airline AND further due to my urgent meeting with my Tax consultant, Doctor’s appointment and coupled with some other business meetings in India.

In effect, due to the delay I could not attend any of the scheduled meetings in India and was compelled to cancel the whole programme. Besides, due to the day long waiting in the Doha/Dubai Airport made me sick for the subsequent days. This terrible incident affected me lot with physical discomfort, mental agony. Since I was on business tours/vacation, I could not write to you earlier.

Due to all of the above I have incurred a huge monetary loss to the extent of AED 20,000 to 25,000 (loss of business/physical discomfort/mental agony apart from the loss of holidays and sickness.

In view of this, I rightfully claim a compensation of a minimum of AED 20,000/= for reasons mentioned above incurred to me due to this wrong off-loading.

I look forward to your positive response at the earliest.

FYI, my Privileged Membership number is 414395860 and my contact details are given below.

I have attached the Boarding passes, Un-used Boarding pass, Complaint Form.

Ramesh Avadhani
Vice President
Abu Dhabi National Leasing LLC
One NBAD Tower (17th floor)
Sheikh Khalifa Street
P O Box 4, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Mob: +971 50 666 0951.

Qatar Airways flight QR901 Perth to Doha and Flight No QR45 Doha to Manchester

My husband suffers with a bladder problem so, with a delay in take off, he required to use the washroom as soon as the seat belt signs were switched off. When this time came he got up but when he went to go in the washroom a tall blonde flight attendant (name of Anncunna or similar spelling) snapped that he couldn't use it as the seat belt signs hadn't been switched off. He politely pointed out that they had been as he had diligently waited until that happened to which she didn't reply. I had a later experience with this same member of staff when I was stretching my legs, as you are advised to do on aircraft, and she was in the corridor. I squeezed passed and she gave me a look as if to say I was in the way. All the other staff were very pleasant, as they have always been on any airlines we have travelled with in the past. We are pensioners who come from a small Island, the Isle of Man, and who had saved up for a very long time to experience the holiday of a lifetime. A flight like this costs a lot of money and you do not expect to be treated this way by a flight attendant.

Much more serious though was that a jam I was served for breakfast was covered in thick mould. I immediately showed it to the flight attendant (not the one mentioned above as she was serving the other side of the 'plane). She took it away and said her manager would come and see me about it. It was lucky that I noticed as I was watching a film anc could easily have put a knife in the jam and spread it inside the roll without looking at it and that could have had serious consequences if I had eaten it. In the event nobody came to see me about the incident and eventually the flight attendant just came back with a form for me to fill in which I thought was extremely bad customer service when I had been served up covered in mould.
It will be a couple of years away until we save up again but we hope to visit our family again who emigrated to Perth last year so hopefully Qatar can help to redress the balance of a very unpleasant experience by providing a voucher towards some of the cost of a flight in the future. I would be grateful that this is taken as an official complaint and feel it is serious enough to be dealt with by a Manager. Certainly the foods standards agency would be appalled to think a customer was served with jam which was covered in thick mould. I await your reply as soon as practicable.

Poor

I arrived at JFk early Saturday morning, around 6 am. The plan was to beat out the Hurricane that was soon to hit NYC on Sunday. Now, being that I was coming from Virginia, ensuring a spot on the plane was of great importance. Before I left the Hampton Roads area I placed a call to the customer service center to ensure that everything was in place for take off. I was assured that everything was fine, and that no changes were on the rise. When I get to JFk, several hours later, the airport shuts down and everyone is told they would have to leave.

Fast Forward to Saturday. Now, I call into the company to ask about re-booking my flight. My past flight QR 84 from Jfk-Doha and then Doha- Guangzhou CHina has been canceled, due to the storm. The Operator sets me up automatically for Tuesday, as-what she called it-an "Insurance Policy". She never stated that there was a flight leaving out on Monday at all. After sitting on the phone for at least 45 minutes a pop, due to the high influx of calls, I decided to find out if I could change my flight from the final destination to Shanghai, instead.

I kept being told to call back in two hours to find out what the rate office had to say. 72 hours later and 3 operators too much, I was told that there is no way possible I could change anything. And, that the event wasn't there fault. I pleaded with the operators, informing them that I had been sleeping on the floor in the forth terminal and I would really prefer not leaving on Tuesday, being that I have spent well over three days sprawled on the floor, already.

One operator told me she changed my flight to Shanghai, and that she had sent the itinerary to my email. When I checked, see set me up for the same flight she set me up for from the beginning. As of now, I am still in JFk, awaiting for a flight that does not leave until Tuesday night at 11pm. This was my first time ever flying Qatar airways. I was excited about my flight in. The service was nice and the people were polite. However, due to lack of compassion for customers, I am going to check out Emirates, or some other airlines.

I just couldn't believe that after talking to 4 different operators, all they could tell me is, "It's not combinable! We can't do anything! THe rate office doesn't talk to customers...oh, and the best one.....I will have to charge you to change your booking, because we already rebooked you for Tuesday. I guess that if I was First class or Business class, I would of had more luck. I was in economy. Those in economy class just aren't worth the time!. Thank you Qatar airways for 'Portraying" to be five star, however, lacking 5 star customer service.

Contact the Qatar Airways Complaint Department