Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Jun 03, 2011
Horrible

I was originally booked on the 30th Flight from Bangalore to Houston via Doha, The airlines rescheduled my tickets for 31st May without informing me. When I called Qatar customer service they blamed me for not updating my telephone number when I booked my tickets. I questioned them saying iam a privileged member & they have all my details for which they had no answer. The reason for rescheduling my tickets was that the airlines had scheduled delay of flight & they knew I would miss my flight in Doha & they need to spend lot of money, instead they rescheduled my flight for 24 hours late take off from Bangalore. when I came to know about this I requested them to route my ticket Via Chennai or Mumbai so that I could still reach USA on schedule for which they asked me to pay extra money & also buy my own tickets from Bangalore. Instead of compensating for my delay they made me feel that I was at fault & the customer service was so rude mentioning I need to keep calling them since they have only inbound calls & no outbound calls. They refused to even connect me to the supervisor or the manager. I have decided not to again travel with Qatar, very bad service

Have you had problems with Qatar Airways?

Compare Qatar Airways to Similar Airlines more...

Top 100 Reviews about Qatar Airways

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Qatar Airways customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bad

In flight service was very good. Flights are in excellent with good facilities. The way handled Transit Delay passengers at Doha Airport really unprofessional. On 16th, I arrived from Colombo from QR 657, arrived at Doha 1.00AM, transfer counter staff member informed me that they won't be able to check me in to my next connecting flight to Muscat at 01.15 am due to the first flight delay.

I have request them to send me before 8.00 am to Oman as I have to attend a very very important meeting at 9.00 am. I clearly mentioned staff members about the meeting and impact towards my career, they agreed to give me a seat in Oman Air. They kept me two hours in the bench and told me that their is no enough meals in Oman air and they are not allowing passengers without meals. Since I have to stay more than 5 hours in the airport due to Air line issue, I request them to provide me airport hotel facility which they said all air port Hotels are full.

I am disappointed after finding out from Oman air counter that they don't have any issue with meals and ready to check me in and also regards to airport hotel there were plenty of rooms available as per reception and offer me a lounge room for $ 65. They provide me meal coupon in a restaurant which was closed for dinner its opening at 5.00 am and my checking in time 6.20 am. Last month when my family visit me, they lost their all the luggage and it too two days to arrive, due to above delay I am risking my job.

Horrible

I had booked a flight from London to Islamabad. My flight from London was on the 1/04/2015 at 15.05, and I had a change from Doha. When I got off at Islamabad my suitcase had not arrived, so I made a complaint. The person had said that he would find out and call me. As I am here in Islamabad with my in-laws, and would like someone to look into this, I would be grateful if someone would look into this. All my very important documents, and other things as well, were in my luggage and I am in need of those documents ASAP!

Horrible

Qatar Airways has a serious problem, the lack of qualified maintenance engineers plus the unprofessional staff; I had the same problem in two weeks. In Amman Jordan QR 401 on 9 April 2015, they dumped all passengers in the airplane and they knew that there was a problem that took more than three hours. As a result I was late to work.

My next flight was on 30 April 2015 to Dhabi QR 1030. They did the same thing but more than two and half hours with no explanation or justification for the delay. They forced us not to leave the airplane as a result I missed the wedding in Dubai that I have travelled for.

I all cases no manager or responsible person, nobody says the truth and unprofessional staff and not implementing the travel regulations. Finally this not or close to a one star airline.

Bad

I was in flight from Riyadh to Doha then Algeri on March 22 2015 QR 1167. Unfortunately due to weather problem the flight diverted to Bahrain stayed in the air craft for 5:30 hours then finally left to Doha. In Doha we missed our flight to Algeria and we tried very hard with Qatar air to provide accommodation to flay the next day to Algeria. Qatar air failed to provide such a accommodation, and we had to do it on our own. My question to you can I provide you with full documentation of the expense so I can be reimbursed for it.

Horrible

Complaint: Booked seat differs from alloted seat at ccu airport

My Airline reservation code is ZKEENQ ( QR ) & Reservation code is IOGHBA . I travelled from CCU, Kolkta to DFW, Tx. On 15th April' 15. Your Kolkata office alloted us perfect seat No 21A & C but our 2nd part of the journey for 16 hrs duration we were separated by wrong allotment of seat no. 24E & 24J instead of 33A & 33C. For which we requested to cabin staff, but they did not help me saying they are helpless. We are senior citizen aged 68 and 60yrs and assisted wheel chairs. So you may feel the amount of difficulties we have suffered during our journey. It's a gross negligence of services which is not expected from a globally reputed Airlines like Qatar. I shall be happy with your clarification for my sufferings during our journey.

Horrible

Qatar Airways has by far THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of travel. To call themselves a 5-Star Airline is a disgrace to all the other mediocre airlines out there doing things right and giving good customer satisfaction. I was on a trip of a lifetime with a month long journey scheduled through SE Asia. They lost my baggage!!!! No courtesy was given, no compensation for the 30-plus days I was without any clothing in 4 different foreign countries, no explanation to where my bag ended up, no word from them for over 3 months...

Good

I started my journey from Dallas (Texas) to India via doha by QR734. I had been issued baggage receipt at Dallas.We boarded QR 564 (continuous flight) at Doha. When reached New Delhi airport on 12.04.2015 at 3.30 AM,I could not find my baggage. I lodged a complaint at new delhi airport about my missing bag.I contacted over telephone several times from my flat at Delhi. I was informed that my baggage was not found scanned at Doha Airport. I feel it might not have been loaded at Dallas airport. Please help me in getting my baggage!

Good

I bought a first class ticket to travel from Doha to Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab) last year on 1st June 2014, and return from Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab)to Doha on 15th August 2014. Ticket Number is [157-2341893586] and Booking Reference [54UWTX]. For some reason, that is to attend a conference in Tunisia, I canceled the reservation from Doha on 1st June, and I travelled from Tunisia to Alexandria using another airline. On my journey back to Doha, I approached Qatar Airways in Alexandria ( located at Hilton Green Plaza Hotel- Tel: 00203 4204033). I showed them my ticket no.[157-2341893586] and they booked a seat for me on 15th August 2014 with new Booking Reference[ Y4UG66].

My complaint is this: I went to Qatar Airways Office at (Recreation Center, Qatar Foundation wherefrom I bought the ticket) asking for either reactivating the part of my ticket which I have not used or refunding me of this part. I got a negative reply; You cannot get either one! I contacted the main office in Doha and I got same reply because they say that I travelled out of journey sequence! Now if this is true why they made for me a new booking reference from Alexandria by same ticket? Whey they did not advise me to get a refund of the ticket ( the ticket is good for one year)and pay for a new ticket for the return journey? How this can happen while I followed all normal procedures: Paying a 1st class ticket in cash- Cancelling the outward journey in advance and asking your office in Alexandria before getting the new booking Whether or not my ticket can be used?

Bad

Dear Sir/Ma, Complaints - Menu Served. The MD of my company travelled on Qatar Airlines from Lagos, Nigeria to Guangzhou, China on Wednesday, 25th February, 2015. She returned from there to Lagos, Nigeria as shown below: On this last trip to Lagos, Nigeria she was served a menu - a menu that looks like spaghetti and this gave her a very long, frustrating problem. She developed rashes on her skin and this disturbed her for days. Please we need to know the type of food served and why it gave her so much health issues. She had to go to the hospital and was given medication before this subsided. We had held Qatar Airways in high esteem and this type of problem is unexpected and this is a source of worry. I hope your Airline will attend to this and reply this message. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Horrible

It was 23.03.2015 when I Checked in my luggage at DAR Airport to Bengaluru.Unfortunately after arriving at Bengalure I detected that my Mobile Phone was not in my bag,I didn't believe my eyes.The only thing which make me unhappy is that I'm now missing my lines which were in that phone.I'm taking another flight QR 573 tommorow from Bengalure to Doha then DAR.I wish to get more information on this otherwise it is a shame to the company and may Be I will take further action.

Bad

I was told that I could stop over in Doha for one night on my way back to London provided I leave within 24 hours and one change is free Now they tell me that They don't have seats in my category to be able to do this being busy period. I have no way of knowing in the absence of transparency if it is true It seems they want to not convert my seat into another category for me to utilize the facilities they dangled in front of me when I bought the ticket
This makes a mockery of the provisions stated a no one can use them s the airlines are always busy.

QATAR AIRWAYS QR
Flight Number 0565
Wednesday, 01 April
Departure: DEL DELHI, INDIA
Arrival: DOH DOHA, QATAR

Poor

Based on visa problems my girlfriend could not board her flight to Doha while their own website said it was NOT a problem. The airliner was just afraid of getting a fine. I decided not to leave my girlfriend behind of course and lost 1100 euro!! I send an email, but NO response!!

Bad

This is to bring you in notice that there is a person who is working as a (ATS) or a (Flight Parking Executive) on a International airport. Who is only 6th standard pass and he have submitted Graduate fake certificate's. and that also of a fake University, He mean to say that he had bribe 10.000/- Q'Rival to One of a big officer who interviewed him and a senior of officer too, Please look in to this matter. As a well qualified and a needy person are left behind. The accused Name is : IBRAHIM MOHAMMED ALI SARGURUH. (2) OLD Passport no :B2910418. (3) Date of issue: 19/10/2000. (4) Date of expiry : 18/10/2010. (5) Indian

Bad

I took a flight from Tbilisi to Sao Paulo with Qatar airways in August and my baggage was damaged. Up to now Qatar airways has not reimbursed anything to me. I am filing a complaint against Qatar on the following grounds.

1) Deny their responsibility. My baggage was damaged and they knew it was their fault so they put a tag “mishandled ‘to my luggage. But when I was in the airlines’ office in Sao Paulo, they did not ask me to file a report and did not give me a reference number. Therefore they tried to deny their responsibility.
1) Irresponsive. Qatar airways (Sao Paulo) did not return my emails for 40 days. Only after I contacted their headquarters, they began to reply to me again.
1) Lying. Qatar airways did not return my emails for 40 days but in their email they lied that they have contacted me several times during the 40 days.
2) (Possibly) open my luggage. In one email someone incautiously mentioned that inside my baggage are ‘cloths and belongs”. I wonder how did they know what are inside my my baggage. Last time I took a flight with Qatar and some valuables inside my baggage was stolen but the lock seemed to be intact. Now I have an answer to this puzzle and I might look into the old case further.

Hi ,

I have cancelled my qatar airways ticket on 28 november 2012 as per qatar airways policy i should get my refund with in 28 days , so far i didn't get my refund and not get any response from then ,I emailed them and called qatar airways customer care officer they didn't responding properly . very poor service .

Horrible

Hi, personnel staff manager ; As aug 27/13 6:00pm we went through the check in at Khartoum Air Port we have been faced by computer sys failure we stood in line for more than 2:30 with my wife & all my kids waiting to get boarding passes for sure caused flight delays , the special meal for my son Muneeb whom is suffering from severe allergies reaction to nuts, eggs & milk wasn't provided becaused of the computer failure even though services on the plane was great. Arriving in Doha again iwas business class passenger 45 mins waiting at the transfer desk helpless trying to reunite with my family which I've lost for more than 2 hours asking some info to the ground staff without any answers most of the times and getting help from passengers unfortunately . Finally we ended up at the arrival terminal sitting & waiting more than an hour to get in & go to a hotel , 5:00 am we've checked into our rooms & also ireally had to be fair for all the staff in Safir Hotel they re indeed took care of us & we really thanks full to all of them again. Boarding to flight 927 to Montreal again the mystery started my children they had to line up I've asked one the staff they have the priority to board first totally ignored me as well as my self to be gone through the long line as business class passenger which is really made upset again after we've arrived in Montreal we missed our flight to Ottawa one bag made to ottawa one carry on lost the rest 4 totally been damaged they couldn't get us in any flight to Ottawa & after long argument & hot disscussion funny decision was made to be taken by bus to Ottawa & reached home 1:00 am next day, &again we give the best credit to all qatar flight 927 staff for their excellent services. As a lot of passengers know that Qatar airways is one of best airlines & we hope u keep your reputation by reaching top in rank. Best regards from M. Nour family & thank u all

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Musaab Nour on 08/31/2013 at IP address 64.229.87.199 using our Qatar Airways ground staff complaint form. This opinions contained in this Qatar Airways ground staff customer review titled, "Poor Services" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Dear Sir

We travelled to Iran for holidays with Qatar Airline tickets : LEE/ TANHOOI Ticket Number QR 1573295180879 and BEE/ WONGCHOO Ticket Number QR 1573295180880.We are on holidays with Gashttour Trave and Tours for 8 days tour in Iran from 25/4/2013 to 2/5/2013
We are greatly disappointed,frustrated mentally, physically and time affected factors after the delay of our luggage on 25/4/2013 at Tehran Khomeini Airport.We arrived at Tehran airport at 0435 and waited for more than 3 hours at airport to check for our luggages and later informed our luggages didnot arrived and Qatar staffs will delivered to us in hotel that we stayed.

Our agony begins due to waiting for confirmation of our luggages on 25/4/2013.Our travel programme and time are greatly affected.We didnot have time to visit Kelardasht as scheduled in our tour itinerary. Our mental and physical agony as all our cloths and requirements are in our luggage bags.
Wong Choo Bee luggage bags number : QR 589087 ,QR 589088 and Tan Hooi Lee luggage bag number : QR 589046 .

We collected our luggage bags as mentioned as above on 27/4/2013 and we made a complained in the airport Qatar department .Statement was recorded by the airport staff and he phoned to his officer and informed us that we will replace with compensation as witnessed by both of us and our tour guide Mr Ali Nasirzadeh Telephone number 00989173134366.Again we spent more than 3 hours to collect our luggage bags waiting for the airport staff in office and made the statement of delay of arrival of luggage.The airport staff gave us the address : Qatar Central Office ,Sayeh Tower next to Mellat Park ,ValiAsr Street ,Tehran Tel No : 021-55678084 . We leaved our guide contact to the airport staff .

We continued our tour to Hamedan, Isfahan and Yazd. Later our guide Mr Ali Tel No. 00989173134366 received phone call from Qatar office that we are able to collect our compensation in Qatar office in Tehran .We are advised by our tour guide to bring along passport to claim the compensation at Qatar Airways Office at Tehran.

When our final tour destination in Tehran on 1/5/2013,we went to the Qatar airways management office and greatly surprise that our statement of complaint on 25/4/2013 and 27/4/2013 of delayed of delivery of luggage bags were not reported to the management officer.Again we have to make a new complaint to Qatar Airways Management , Valiasr Street , Tehran , Iran .Tel No +982122019906 Email : szojaji@ir.qatarairways.com.on 1/5/2013

We are greatly disappointed with Qatar airway service and again with the time to go to the office and making a new complainted affected our tour itinerary . We are not able to visit Archaeological Museum ,the PreIslam archeological museum as in our itinerary for Tehran tour on 1/5/2013

Hope our agony, disappointment , frustration, mentally , physical inconveniences and our tour itinerary are all affected badly will be heard and considered.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wong Choo Bee

Sent from my iPad

Poor

I booked my flight on internet through Flying Eagle Ltd t/a Holidaygenie.com. E-ticket was issues to me and I want to confirm it with Qatar airways on telephone number 08448468380 ( Qatar airways reservation ). I rang this number on 04/02/13 and rang this number three times and hold on to my receiver between 18 to 20 minutes all the time message was coming from the answering machine that all our staff is busy your call be answered shortly. Then I rang on 04/02/13 in the morning 09.45 and was told straightway that this office will not be able to take call for another three hours. So I rang again on 10.15 then I was told that system is down. The way the staff speaks or answer call there is no courstey what so ever and no way you can contact Qatar airways. Not happy at all.

Horrible

Dear sir,madam i would like to tell you about the bribery system in the head office of Qatar Airways in islamabad.last day,i visited in qatar airways head office in islamabad for changing in my ticket at first time..but i was shocked when i heard the charges of 150€ on the ticket changing.

according to your information,there is no charges on the first time ticket changing.but in islamabad head office,here the workers of qatar airways office demand extra money for thier own sake not for department.after this,i called the qatar airways in zurich then they changed my ticket at free of cost at first time.

i can't understand the policy of exchanging ticket pattren of qatar airways.thanks....

Contact the Qatar Airways Complaint Department