Customer Satisfaction Results

Qatar Airways

Complaint Department

Filed by Complaints Department on Jun 03, 2011
Consumer Rating

I was originally booked on the 30th Flight from Bangalore to Houston via Doha, The airlines rescheduled my tickets for 31st May without informing me. When I called Qatar customer service they blamed me for not updating my telephone number when I booked my tickets. I questioned them saying iam a privileged member & they have all my details for which they had no answer. The reason for rescheduling my tickets was that the airlines had scheduled delay of flight & they knew I would miss my flight in Doha & they need to spend lot of money, instead they rescheduled my flight for 24 hours late take off from Bangalore. when I came to know about this I requested them to route my ticket Via Chennai or Mumbai so that I could still reach USA on schedule for which they asked me to pay extra money & also buy my own tickets from Bangalore. Instead of compensating for my delay they made me feel that I was at fault & the customer service was so rude mentioning I need to keep calling them since they have only inbound calls & no outbound calls. They refused to even connect me to the supervisor or the manager. I have decided not to again travel with Qatar, very bad service

8 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Qatar Airways?

Compare Qatar Airways to Similar Airlines more...

Qatar Airways Customer Feedback Trending Now

95 Qatar Airways consumers have created complaints against Qatar Airways to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Qatar Airways complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Qatar Airways corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Complaint: Booked seat differs from alloted seat at ccu airport

My Airline reservation code is ZKEENQ ( QR ) & Reservation code is IOGHBA . I travelled from CCU, Kolkta to DFW, Tx. On 15th April' 15. Your Kolkata office alloted us perfect seat No 21A & C but our 2nd part of the journey for 16 hrs duration we were separated by wrong allotment of seat no. 24E & 24J instead of 33A & 33C. For which we requested to cabin staff, but they did not help me saying they are helpless. We are senior citizen aged 68 and 60yrs and assisted wheel chairs. So you may feel the amount of difficulties we have suffered during our journey. It's a gross negligence of services which is not expected from a globally reputed Airlines like Qatar. I shall be happy with your clarification for my sufferings during our journey.

Consumer Rating

Qatar Airways has by far THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of travel. To call themselves a 5-Star Airline is a disgrace to all the other mediocre airlines out there doing things right and giving good customer satisfaction. I was on a trip of a lifetime with a month long journey scheduled through SE Asia. They lost my baggage!!!! No courtesy was given, no compensation for the 30-plus days I was without any clothing in 4 different foreign countries, no explanation to where my bag ended up, no word from them for over 3 months...

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I started my journey from Dallas (Texas) to India via doha by QR734. I had been issued baggage receipt at Dallas.We boarded QR 564 (continuous flight) at Doha. When reached New Delhi airport on 12.04.2015 at 3.30 AM,I could not find my baggage. I lodged a complaint at new delhi airport about my missing bag.I contacted over telephone several times from my flat at Delhi. I was informed that my baggage was not found scanned at Doha Airport. I feel it might not have been loaded at Dallas airport. Please help me in getting my baggage!

Consumer Rating

I bought a first class ticket to travel from Doha to Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab) last year on 1st June 2014, and return from Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab)to Doha on 15th August 2014. Ticket Number is [157-2341893586] and Booking Reference [54UWTX]. For some reason, that is to attend a conference in Tunisia, I canceled the reservation from Doha on 1st June, and I travelled from Tunisia to Alexandria using another airline. On my journey back to Doha, I approached Qatar Airways in Alexandria ( located at Hilton Green Plaza Hotel- Tel: 00203 4204033). I showed them my ticket no.[157-2341893586] and they booked a seat for me on 15th August 2014 with new Booking Reference[ Y4UG66].

My complaint is this: I went to Qatar Airways Office at (Recreation Center, Qatar Foundation wherefrom I bought the ticket) asking for either reactivating the part of my ticket which I have not used or refunding me of this part. I got a negative reply; You cannot get either one! I contacted the main office in Doha and I got same reply because they say that I travelled out of journey sequence! Now if this is true why they made for me a new booking reference from Alexandria by same ticket? Whey they did not advise me to get a refund of the ticket ( the ticket is good for one year)and pay for a new ticket for the return journey? How this can happen while I followed all normal procedures: Paying a 1st class ticket in cash- Cancelling the outward journey in advance and asking your office in Alexandria before getting the new booking Whether or not my ticket can be used?

Consumer Rating

Dear Sir/Ma, Complaints - Menu Served. The MD of my company travelled on Qatar Airlines from Lagos, Nigeria to Guangzhou, China on Wednesday, 25th February, 2015. She returned from there to Lagos, Nigeria as shown below: On this last trip to Lagos, Nigeria she was served a menu - a menu that looks like spaghetti and this gave her a very long, frustrating problem. She developed rashes on her skin and this disturbed her for days. Please we need to know the type of food served and why it gave her so much health issues. She had to go to the hospital and was given medication before this subsided. We had held Qatar Airways in high esteem and this type of problem is unexpected and this is a source of worry. I hope your Airline will attend to this and reply this message. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Consumer Rating

It was 23.03.2015 when I Checked in my luggage at DAR Airport to Bengaluru.Unfortunately after arriving at Bengalure I detected that my Mobile Phone was not in my bag,I didn't believe my eyes.The only thing which make me unhappy is that I'm now missing my lines which were in that phone.I'm taking another flight QR 573 tommorow from Bengalure to Doha then DAR.I wish to get more information on this otherwise it is a shame to the company and may Be I will take further action.

Consumer Rating

I was told that I could stop over in Doha for one night on my way back to London provided I leave within 24 hours and one change is free Now they tell me that They don't have seats in my category to be able to do this being busy period. I have no way of knowing in the absence of transparency if it is true It seems they want to not convert my seat into another category for me to utilize the facilities they dangled in front of me when I bought the ticket
This makes a mockery of the provisions stated a no one can use them s the airlines are always busy.

QATAR AIRWAYS QR
Flight Number 0565
Wednesday, 01 April
Departure: DEL DELHI, INDIA
Arrival: DOH DOHA, QATAR

Consumer Rating

Based on visa problems my girlfriend could not board her flight to Doha while their own website said it was NOT a problem. The airliner was just afraid of getting a fine. I decided not to leave my girlfriend behind of course and lost 1100 euro!! I send an email, but NO response!!

Consumer Rating

This is to bring you in notice that there is a person who is working as a (ATS) or a (Flight Parking Executive) on a International airport. Who is only 6th standard pass and he have submitted Graduate fake certificate's. and that also of a fake University, He mean to say that he had bribe 10.000/- Q'Rival to One of a big officer who interviewed him and a senior of officer too, Please look in to this matter. As a well qualified and a needy person are left behind. The accused Name is : IBRAHIM MOHAMMED ALI SARGURUH. (2) OLD Passport no :B2910418. (3) Date of issue: 19/10/2000. (4) Date of expiry : 18/10/2010. (5) Indian

Consumer Rating

I recently had an extremely upsetting and costly experience with your airline regarding lost luggage. I request compensation from Qatar airways for my losses.
On October 10, 2012, I traveled on Flight QR 267 from Kochi to Kuwait. When I reached the baggage claim area, I discovered, after a 40-minute wait, that my luggage was lost. I immediately contacted the baggage claim representative, who assured me that it would be on the next plane.
I was told that I would receive compensation within 21 days from the date that you received my complaint. It has been more than 21 days, and I must insist that you reimburse me immediately. I have been coming to your airport office several times, spent hours filling out claims forms and have made many futile phone calls, but no one can answer my questions or even tell me the status of my claim.
I am missing items that cannot be replaced. To add insult to injury, I am faced with obtaining compensation for those items that is far less than they are worth.
The reference number of my claim is “KWIQR19235’’and Tag no. is “QR 728708”. I am expecting a prompt response and fair amount of compensation considering the poor treatment that I have received.
Please call me at +965-65730210 or +965-66706735 as soon as possible with confirmation that my request will be honored.
Navamony Balan

Consumer Rating

My name is Md Maruf Hassan Siddique. I came back to London from dhaka shahjalal airport bangladesh on 8th april 2013. My flight number was QR 345. At the check in desk the guy was so rude with me as my luggage was over weight. I did apologize but he told me that i dont have any common sense. He also told me that I should throw out my stuff from my lugage. I was so insulted and I never been treated such way in my life. This is my worst experience in my life. It is better to die rather than getting such kind of insult. His customer service was very poor and he is short tempered. At this stage I am very much shocked. I think this kind of staff destroys the reputation of a well known company. Thats why I find better to complain thinking the future of qatar airways. I want to mention that I paid for extra weight. It was 5 kilos extra but he charged me for 9 kilos. I didnt argue, i just paid. I kept quite. Still i cant accept this inslut.

Consumer Rating

we were travelling from Bali to Singapore on 30th of May 2013. We have requsted for vegetarian meals. According to our religion Jainism we cant touch non vegetarian food. We had requsted all the way vegetarian food. They gave us non vegetarian food. on the food it was written veg meals. My wife saw the food and doubted and told me something is fishy. But I told her that how can . This airline is no one in the world can,t make this kind of grave mistake and i eat one spoon of the food. since my wife was insisting we called the aircrew. one punjabi girl came and refused to accept that by mistake they gave us wrong food. still they were telling no it is correct food. But since my wife did not eat anything we called the supervisor. Mr Gaurav Sharma flight supervisor that day came and told us oh it is a grave mistake. He told us that yes it was non vegetarian food and apologised to us. We told us we take this grave mistake seriously. As i have eaten the food i am feeling guilty of that. It has caused me lot pain and depression. Gaurav told us that he will take this complain to the higher authority and within 2 weeks we will get the reply. He given us surity that the action will be taken

Sorry Very sorry say today after 3 months we have not got any reply. We did not expect this kind of behaviour from the airline which is top airline in the world. We want to take this matter to media if we dont receive any reply asap. We need earnest rteply so that we in future take the same airline and appreciate the action. Waiting for an early and urgent reply

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Rajesh Kumar Jain and Vinita Jain on 08/30/2013 at IP address 122.107.174.99 using our qatar airways flight no QR639 complaint form. This opinions contained in this qatar airways flight no QR639 customer review titled, "negllgence of food breaking our religion amounting of sin" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Dear Sir / Madam,

On the last month (28th November 2012) me and my family traveled in the Qatar airways from Cochin to Tripoli, we reached the Doha Air port at 6:15AM (Doha Time) on the Quarter Airways No. QR 265, the flight scheduled from Doha to Tripoli is 07:20AM and the gate no showed in the screen is gate no.8 and as a part of it we will wait at the entrance of the Gate No.8, when we reached in the gate No.8 we see only the boarding of Amman. The Authorities (Qatar Airways) did not display the boarding details of the Tripoli flight and didn’t announce. We wait there in the gate no 8 till 07:00AM to here the announcement and boarding details but they didn’t announce and as a result we enquired in the gate no.8 they said that the flight was already left. We enquired about the other flight to Tripoli but the authorities’ states that there is no flight today and we can continue our journey on tomorrow. So we request the airway authority to please arrange food and hotel accommodation, because I have my family with me( My wife, one infant and daughter) but the staffs of Qatar airways they didn’t arrange hotel and we will wait in the airport for one day and night to catch the other flight.

Flight Ticket Ref : QR/5VJ9ZS & QR/5VKKT9.

What is your rules and regulations, if there is any stay for more than 8 hours the airway authorities is liable to arrange the hotel and other accommodation. But the staff of Qatar airways states that is service is not possible and the behavior of the staff (ground staff) is also very bad,. We travel in the Qatar airways by expecting your better service and facilities, but your service is just opposite of our expectation. Because of our continuous force for giving the accommodation the staff provided us the boarding pass of the flight from Doha to Benghazi (Libya) which is 650 km (by air) faraway from Tripoli. We pay 300 dollars for the flight ticket from Benghazi to Tripoli

So I request you to please refund the expense from my hand. If you don’t ready to refund the amount I am not ready to travel in the Qatar airways in future and I will convey your bad service to the public through face book and other Medias.

Thanks with regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Consumer Rating

More then two months i haven’t got any composition for damaged (unusable) medicine, cloths, food for special heart problem, high pressure, diabetic pen for insulin injection and also my cloths were ruined, total cost i wrote+/- euro3000/-
but i got only 40(BDT4000/-) euro from Qatar airways. Is it normal. for unusable i have borrow money for medicine, MRI,CTR etc an my total cost were near BDT50000/- and has to buy new cloths cost BDT 15000/- .as a passenger i have right to ask composition and mental harassment by Qatar airways.
Therefore, I am asking you to take action against and ask them to pay all my cost.

Sincerely
Ahsan
Amsterdam
The Netherland

Consumer Rating

I am a Qatar Gold member who has been extremely loyal to your airline for a few years now. I am currently experiencing a huge problem at guangzhou international airport. I departed south africa with goods to be returned to china. All went well up until landing back home in south africa where my goods has not arrived with me. I am now told that the goods in my boxes are illegal and not allowed on a commercial airline. I would of expected the airline to have told me in guangzhou already that my boxes where being de boarded as

I was sitting in the lounge for many hours waiting for the flight. I checked in 3 boxes and 1 bag where by all the boxes and the bag had the exact same goods inside. On my arrival to south africa only 1 box and the 1 bag came off the conveyor belt. I can't understand as to why they allowed those baggages and not the others.  I am in contact with Tracy lee noah from Qatar Airways Baggase Services, who agrees with me that nothing other than 25 cell phone batteries are illegal in my boxes. I am now left with the dilemma of getting people in china to collect my boxes and having to pay my own courier to south africa.

Ie: goods inside my boxes are
- Surveillance cameras
- Window tint
- Miniature camcorder
- Balast to control lights
And please note I left south africa with these goods

I am deeply disappointed in the outcome of this matter as Qatar airways are leaving me with the problem and the expense to bring back my goods I left with from guangzhou on the same airline. Tuesday coming 22 November will be two weeks and thus the only way to sort out this problem is for me to pay a courier company too get my boxes home.

I am awaiting a reply from somebody to advise on the status of my goods.

I have been calling the airport office who's hours are 12h00 - 16h00 however there is still no reply!

Consumer Rating

I took a flight from Tbilisi to Sao Paulo with Qatar airways in August and my baggage was damaged. Up to now Qatar airways has not reimbursed anything to me. I am filing a complaint against Qatar on the following grounds.

1) Deny their responsibility. My baggage was damaged and they knew it was their fault so they put a tag “mishandled ‘to my luggage. But when I was in the airlines’ office in Sao Paulo, they did not ask me to file a report and did not give me a reference number. Therefore they tried to deny their responsibility.
1) Irresponsive. Qatar airways (Sao Paulo) did not return my emails for 40 days. Only after I contacted their headquarters, they began to reply to me again.
1) Lying. Qatar airways did not return my emails for 40 days but in their email they lied that they have contacted me several times during the 40 days.
2) (Possibly) open my luggage. In one email someone incautiously mentioned that inside my baggage are ‘cloths and belongs”. I wonder how did they know what are inside my my baggage. Last time I took a flight with Qatar and some valuables inside my baggage was stolen but the lock seemed to be intact. Now I have an answer to this puzzle and I might look into the old case further.

Hi ,

I have cancelled my qatar airways ticket on 28 november 2012 as per qatar airways policy i should get my refund with in 28 days , so far i didn't get my refund and not get any response from then ,I emailed them and called qatar airways customer care officer they didn't responding properly . very poor service .

Consumer Rating

Hi, personnel staff manager ; As aug 27/13 6:00pm we went through the check in at Khartoum Air Port we have been faced by computer sys failure we stood in line for more than 2:30 with my wife & all my kids waiting to get boarding passes for sure caused flight delays , the special meal for my son Muneeb whom is suffering from severe allergies reaction to nuts, eggs & milk wasn't provided becaused of the computer failure even though services on the plane was great. Arriving in Doha again iwas business class passenger 45 mins waiting at the transfer desk helpless trying to reunite with my family which I've lost for more than 2 hours asking some info to the ground staff without any answers most of the times and getting help from passengers unfortunately . Finally we ended up at the arrival terminal sitting & waiting more than an hour to get in & go to a hotel , 5:00 am we've checked into our rooms & also ireally had to be fair for all the staff in Safir Hotel they re indeed took care of us & we really thanks full to all of them again. Boarding to flight 927 to Montreal again the mystery started my children they had to line up I've asked one the staff they have the priority to board first totally ignored me as well as my self to be gone through the long line as business class passenger which is really made upset again after we've arrived in Montreal we missed our flight to Ottawa one bag made to ottawa one carry on lost the rest 4 totally been damaged they couldn't get us in any flight to Ottawa & after long argument & hot disscussion funny decision was made to be taken by bus to Ottawa & reached home 1:00 am next day, &again we give the best credit to all qatar flight 927 staff for their excellent services. As a lot of passengers know that Qatar airways is one of best airlines & we hope u keep your reputation by reaching top in rank. Best regards from M. Nour family & thank u all

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Musaab Nour on 08/31/2013 at IP address 64.229.87.199 using our Qatar Airways ground staff complaint form. This opinions contained in this Qatar Airways ground staff customer review titled, "Poor Services" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Dear Sir

We travelled to Iran for holidays with Qatar Airline tickets : LEE/ TANHOOI Ticket Number QR 1573295180879 and BEE/ WONGCHOO Ticket Number QR 1573295180880.We are on holidays with Gashttour Trave and Tours for 8 days tour in Iran from 25/4/2013 to 2/5/2013
We are greatly disappointed,frustrated mentally, physically and time affected factors after the delay of our luggage on 25/4/2013 at Tehran Khomeini Airport.We arrived at Tehran airport at 0435 and waited for more than 3 hours at airport to check for our luggages and later informed our luggages didnot arrived and Qatar staffs will delivered to us in hotel that we stayed.

Our agony begins due to waiting for confirmation of our luggages on 25/4/2013.Our travel programme and time are greatly affected.We didnot have time to visit Kelardasht as scheduled in our tour itinerary. Our mental and physical agony as all our cloths and requirements are in our luggage bags.
Wong Choo Bee luggage bags number : QR 589087 ,QR 589088 and Tan Hooi Lee luggage bag number : QR 589046 .

We collected our luggage bags as mentioned as above on 27/4/2013 and we made a complained in the airport Qatar department .Statement was recorded by the airport staff and he phoned to his officer and informed us that we will replace with compensation as witnessed by both of us and our tour guide Mr Ali Nasirzadeh Telephone number 00989173134366.Again we spent more than 3 hours to collect our luggage bags waiting for the airport staff in office and made the statement of delay of arrival of luggage.The airport staff gave us the address : Qatar Central Office ,Sayeh Tower next to Mellat Park ,ValiAsr Street ,Tehran Tel No : 021-55678084 . We leaved our guide contact to the airport staff .

We continued our tour to Hamedan, Isfahan and Yazd. Later our guide Mr Ali Tel No. 00989173134366 received phone call from Qatar office that we are able to collect our compensation in Qatar office in Tehran .We are advised by our tour guide to bring along passport to claim the compensation at Qatar Airways Office at Tehran.

When our final tour destination in Tehran on 1/5/2013,we went to the Qatar airways management office and greatly surprise that our statement of complaint on 25/4/2013 and 27/4/2013 of delayed of delivery of luggage bags were not reported to the management officer.Again we have to make a new complaint to Qatar Airways Management , Valiasr Street , Tehran , Iran .Tel No +982122019906 Email : szojaji@ir.qatarairways.com.on 1/5/2013

We are greatly disappointed with Qatar airway service and again with the time to go to the office and making a new complainted affected our tour itinerary . We are not able to visit Archaeological Museum ,the PreIslam archeological museum as in our itinerary for Tehran tour on 1/5/2013

Hope our agony, disappointment , frustration, mentally , physical inconveniences and our tour itinerary are all affected badly will be heard and considered.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wong Choo Bee

Sent from my iPad

Contact the Qatar Airways Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Qatar Airways. What is their corporate mailing address?

Not available. Click here to file your Qatar Airways complaint online.

• I want to call the Qatar Airways customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

Not available. Click here to file your Qatar Airways complaint online.

• I need to visit the Qatar Airways company website. What is their website address?