Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Jun 03, 2011
Horrible

I was originally booked on the 30th Flight from Bangalore to Houston via Doha, The airlines rescheduled my tickets for 31st May without informing me. When I called Qatar customer service they blamed me for not updating my telephone number when I booked my tickets. I questioned them saying iam a privileged member & they have all my details for which they had no answer. The reason for rescheduling my tickets was that the airlines had scheduled delay of flight & they knew I would miss my flight in Doha & they need to spend lot of money, instead they rescheduled my flight for 24 hours late take off from Bangalore. when I came to know about this I requested them to route my ticket Via Chennai or Mumbai so that I could still reach USA on schedule for which they asked me to pay extra money & also buy my own tickets from Bangalore. Instead of compensating for my delay they made me feel that I was at fault & the customer service was so rude mentioning I need to keep calling them since they have only inbound calls & no outbound calls. They refused to even connect me to the supervisor or the manager. I have decided not to again travel with Qatar, very bad service

Have you had problems with Qatar Airways?

Compare Qatar Airways to Similar Airlines more...

Top 100 Reviews about Qatar Airways

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Qatar Airways customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bad

In flight service was very good. Flights are in excellent with good facilities. The way handled Transit Delay passengers at Doha Airport really unprofessional. On 16th, I arrived from Colombo from QR 657, arrived at Doha 1.00AM, transfer counter staff member informed me that they won't be able to check me in to my next connecting flight to Muscat at 01.15 am due to the first flight delay.

I have request them to send me before 8.00 am to Oman as I have to attend a very very important meeting at 9.00 am. I clearly mentioned staff members about the meeting and impact towards my career, they agreed to give me a seat in Oman Air. They kept me two hours in the bench and told me that their is no enough meals in Oman air and they are not allowing passengers without meals. Since I have to stay more than 5 hours in the airport due to Air line issue, I request them to provide me airport hotel facility which they said all air port Hotels are full.

I am disappointed after finding out from Oman air counter that they don't have any issue with meals and ready to check me in and also regards to airport hotel there were plenty of rooms available as per reception and offer me a lounge room for $ 65. They provide me meal coupon in a restaurant which was closed for dinner its opening at 5.00 am and my checking in time 6.20 am. Last month when my family visit me, they lost their all the luggage and it too two days to arrive, due to above delay I am risking my job.

Horrible

I had booked a flight from London to Islamabad. My flight from London was on the 1/04/2015 at 15.05, and I had a change from Doha. When I got off at Islamabad my suitcase had not arrived, so I made a complaint. The person had said that he would find out and call me. As I am here in Islamabad with my in-laws, and would like someone to look into this, I would be grateful if someone would look into this. All my very important documents, and other things as well, were in my luggage and I am in need of those documents ASAP!

Horrible

Qatar Airways has a serious problem, the lack of qualified maintenance engineers plus the unprofessional staff; I had the same problem in two weeks. In Amman Jordan QR 401 on 9 April 2015, they dumped all passengers in the airplane and they knew that there was a problem that took more than three hours. As a result I was late to work.

My next flight was on 30 April 2015 to Dhabi QR 1030. They did the same thing but more than two and half hours with no explanation or justification for the delay. They forced us not to leave the airplane as a result I missed the wedding in Dubai that I have travelled for.

I all cases no manager or responsible person, nobody says the truth and unprofessional staff and not implementing the travel regulations. Finally this not or close to a one star airline.

Bad

I was in flight from Riyadh to Doha then Algeri on March 22 2015 QR 1167. Unfortunately due to weather problem the flight diverted to Bahrain stayed in the air craft for 5:30 hours then finally left to Doha. In Doha we missed our flight to Algeria and we tried very hard with Qatar air to provide accommodation to flay the next day to Algeria. Qatar air failed to provide such a accommodation, and we had to do it on our own. My question to you can I provide you with full documentation of the expense so I can be reimbursed for it.

Horrible

Complaint: Booked seat differs from alloted seat at ccu airport

My Airline reservation code is ZKEENQ ( QR ) & Reservation code is IOGHBA . I travelled from CCU, Kolkta to DFW, Tx. On 15th April' 15. Your Kolkata office alloted us perfect seat No 21A & C but our 2nd part of the journey for 16 hrs duration we were separated by wrong allotment of seat no. 24E & 24J instead of 33A & 33C. For which we requested to cabin staff, but they did not help me saying they are helpless. We are senior citizen aged 68 and 60yrs and assisted wheel chairs. So you may feel the amount of difficulties we have suffered during our journey. It's a gross negligence of services which is not expected from a globally reputed Airlines like Qatar. I shall be happy with your clarification for my sufferings during our journey.

Horrible

Qatar Airways has by far THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of travel. To call themselves a 5-Star Airline is a disgrace to all the other mediocre airlines out there doing things right and giving good customer satisfaction. I was on a trip of a lifetime with a month long journey scheduled through SE Asia. They lost my baggage!!!! No courtesy was given, no compensation for the 30-plus days I was without any clothing in 4 different foreign countries, no explanation to where my bag ended up, no word from them for over 3 months...

Good

I started my journey from Dallas (Texas) to India via doha by QR734. I had been issued baggage receipt at Dallas.We boarded QR 564 (continuous flight) at Doha. When reached New Delhi airport on 12.04.2015 at 3.30 AM,I could not find my baggage. I lodged a complaint at new delhi airport about my missing bag.I contacted over telephone several times from my flat at Delhi. I was informed that my baggage was not found scanned at Doha Airport. I feel it might not have been loaded at Dallas airport. Please help me in getting my baggage!

Good

I bought a first class ticket to travel from Doha to Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab) last year on 1st June 2014, and return from Alexandria (Bourg Al-Arab)to Doha on 15th August 2014. Ticket Number is [157-2341893586] and Booking Reference [54UWTX]. For some reason, that is to attend a conference in Tunisia, I canceled the reservation from Doha on 1st June, and I travelled from Tunisia to Alexandria using another airline. On my journey back to Doha, I approached Qatar Airways in Alexandria ( located at Hilton Green Plaza Hotel- Tel: 00203 4204033). I showed them my ticket no.[157-2341893586] and they booked a seat for me on 15th August 2014 with new Booking Reference[ Y4UG66].

My complaint is this: I went to Qatar Airways Office at (Recreation Center, Qatar Foundation wherefrom I bought the ticket) asking for either reactivating the part of my ticket which I have not used or refunding me of this part. I got a negative reply; You cannot get either one! I contacted the main office in Doha and I got same reply because they say that I travelled out of journey sequence! Now if this is true why they made for me a new booking reference from Alexandria by same ticket? Whey they did not advise me to get a refund of the ticket ( the ticket is good for one year)and pay for a new ticket for the return journey? How this can happen while I followed all normal procedures: Paying a 1st class ticket in cash- Cancelling the outward journey in advance and asking your office in Alexandria before getting the new booking Whether or not my ticket can be used?

Bad

Dear Sir/Ma, Complaints - Menu Served. The MD of my company travelled on Qatar Airlines from Lagos, Nigeria to Guangzhou, China on Wednesday, 25th February, 2015. She returned from there to Lagos, Nigeria as shown below: On this last trip to Lagos, Nigeria she was served a menu - a menu that looks like spaghetti and this gave her a very long, frustrating problem. She developed rashes on her skin and this disturbed her for days. Please we need to know the type of food served and why it gave her so much health issues. She had to go to the hospital and was given medication before this subsided. We had held Qatar Airways in high esteem and this type of problem is unexpected and this is a source of worry. I hope your Airline will attend to this and reply this message. I look forward to your prompt reply.

Horrible

It was 23.03.2015 when I Checked in my luggage at DAR Airport to Bengaluru.Unfortunately after arriving at Bengalure I detected that my Mobile Phone was not in my bag,I didn't believe my eyes.The only thing which make me unhappy is that I'm now missing my lines which were in that phone.I'm taking another flight QR 573 tommorow from Bengalure to Doha then DAR.I wish to get more information on this otherwise it is a shame to the company and may Be I will take further action.

Bad

I was told that I could stop over in Doha for one night on my way back to London provided I leave within 24 hours and one change is free Now they tell me that They don't have seats in my category to be able to do this being busy period. I have no way of knowing in the absence of transparency if it is true It seems they want to not convert my seat into another category for me to utilize the facilities they dangled in front of me when I bought the ticket
This makes a mockery of the provisions stated a no one can use them s the airlines are always busy.

QATAR AIRWAYS QR
Flight Number 0565
Wednesday, 01 April
Departure: DEL DELHI, INDIA
Arrival: DOH DOHA, QATAR

Poor

Based on visa problems my girlfriend could not board her flight to Doha while their own website said it was NOT a problem. The airliner was just afraid of getting a fine. I decided not to leave my girlfriend behind of course and lost 1100 euro!! I send an email, but NO response!!

Bad

This is to bring you in notice that there is a person who is working as a (ATS) or a (Flight Parking Executive) on a International airport. Who is only 6th standard pass and he have submitted Graduate fake certificate's. and that also of a fake University, He mean to say that he had bribe 10.000/- Q'Rival to One of a big officer who interviewed him and a senior of officer too, Please look in to this matter. As a well qualified and a needy person are left behind. The accused Name is : IBRAHIM MOHAMMED ALI SARGURUH. (2) OLD Passport no :B2910418. (3) Date of issue: 19/10/2000. (4) Date of expiry : 18/10/2010. (5) Indian

Horrible

I got to fly on QR from London to Doha on flight 012 on Sep. 21, 2012. During the flight whenever my neighber seat asked for bear the crew gave a complete can or bottle and a glass to fill three or more times.

For me I requested coke so the crew gave me only a glass filled with less than 100 ml. I asked the crew member whom I doubt she could understand english, which is more expensive a can of coke or bear?

And why is the discrimination in treatment of passengers giving or debriving their orders. Surprosingly the crew replied that she has frank instructions to do so .......!!!

I did not want to make an issue during the flight and I have all the right not to tolerate stupidity....

And i here by questioning QA authorities "are you supporting your cabin crew discrimintivey treat" and why not the reverse happenning although this later has so many reasons to support economically, behaviourwise and with good rational.

Thank you toleraing me and my tough upraisal.

Bad

Hi my name is Shineza,I lived in Qatar for almost 20 years now,I dont know where to complain..a certain philippini employee in Finance department,JoAnn Cuizon. She is selling liquors to friends at high price..being a muslim thats haram. I know she having license for liquors,and her husband selling to one of my friends. I also posted complain in qatar airways website. I know CEO will not like if he found out. very bad. thank you.

Poor

It has been 7 weeks since I requested a refund from Qatar and still have not heard back from them. I have tried calling the Qatar office and they are extremely ineficient, they either put me on hold for 20 minutes or longer, transfer my calls to 3 other desks or simply hang up. This is the worst airlines I have ever traveled with and it is impossible to to talk to the staff who seem to have no knowledge about anything but booking flights. The staff need INTENSE training to learn how to respond to customer queries effectively. I will never fly with qatar ever again.

Horrible

This is to inform you about my disgust as far as my Qatar Airways flight was concerned.I took my flight QR299 from atq to doha on the 23rd of dec.along with my granddaughter miss.Harnoor Sandhu.I normally travel in British Airways,but i decided to check out this airline as i had heard a lot of praises about Qatar Airways.Unfortunately it did not uphold my expectations.I was disgusted at the amount of alcohal that was being served to the passengers,who were being rowdy after being drunk and were swearing loudely making it akward for the women.

And they were passing rude remarks about the women present there and also about the srewardesses as well, and were swearing at them in their own language which the poor cabin crew did not understand.I fly back to doha from london on the 13th january and to amritsar on the 14th of january on the Qr298 along with my granddaughter.But i am weary and am thinking of upgrading to business class from doha to amritsar.And i do not plan to use Qatar Airways airline again and will recommend others to do the same.

Kindly inform me how much extra it will cost me to do that. I am staying with my son in london.

Bad

I flew from Khartoun via flight no.QR-521 to Doha-Qatar on 22nd October since I have one hour and a half stop over in Doha .My bag was taged for Doha QR-521 and then to QR-624 Kuala Lumpur. Upon my arrival I can not find my bag and reported to Property Irregularity Report in Kuala Lumpur. After checking online staff find out the bags were detained in Doha-Qatar. Due to this irresponsible manner of Qatar Airways staff I have to bear a loss of time and money, have my apartments keys in the bag and have to pay for hotel one night plus still several items are missing i.e. a hard drive, a mouse, etc.

Still waiting to received my lost objects in Kuala Lumpur and an explaination on this matter.

Thanks,
Ramiro Trebolle

Poor

Me and my husband flew out from london heathrow with quatar on 17/11/12 with quatar airways. on arriving at heathrow we were told the flight which should have been 0755 was delayed until 10.30 am. At 10.15 we went to try and find representatives at desk and could not find any. i went down to the quatar lounge and asked member of staff who said flight would be taken off at 10.30. I and a lot of other customers were saying this was not possible as we had not been called and I was only trying to find out as I had medication in my case that I would need if we had missed connecting flight. I was told no mam you wont miss connecting flight. Not long after this we were called to board. I asked again would we be missing connecting flight to be told no it would be fine. On arriving in doha we were told we had missed connecting flight and they would be taking us to a hotel until the following day. By this time I was really worrying so I spoke to a representative and explained I really need one of our cases as it had my medication in it. She took my details and said it would be sent to hotel. I also no that another ouple on our flight asked for their luggage also for medication reasons. On arrival at hotel I kept going to reception to ask if my case had arrived . The lady on reception kept calling yourselves to be told my luggage was on its way. At 3am the following morning the other couples cases arrived but not mine. By now I was getting stressed and in alot of pain. I tried my hardest to get to sleep but could not. At 8am i went to check for luggage which had still not arrived. At 11am the lady on reception phoned again for me.. She told me if I got my passport I could go to airport . They would send me with there driver. My husband and myself went to collect our passports and when we came back down we were told we could not go to airport to collect cases until 6pm that evening. We were leaving hotel at 6.30 that evening to catch our flight. I have never been so upset and in pain . I can accept flights have delays . What I can not accept is all the false information we were given . When we finally arrived in goa I spent the first 3 days of my holiday in bed recovering . I feel like my holiday was ruined yet I only gave your representatives all the correct details . I look forward to your reply
Mr & Mrs Hinken