GE Appliances Customer Service

Contact GE Appliances Corporate

Welcome to the GE Appliances complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against GE Appliances online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the GE Appliances corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

GE Appliances Contact Information

• GE Appliances headquarters address

Browse reviews of other Electronics Stores

Top GE Appliances Complaints

I purchased a new home and moved in 02/28/2018 and since it's an energy saving home, I have GE appliances. My issue is that the refrigerator which is brand new the filter light came on to remind me it was time to change the filter. I followed the instructions carefully, inserted the new filter, ran the water for 3-4 minutes as stated and pushed the reset button. However, the red light stayed on. I contacted the instruction department of GE and had a representative walked me through the same exact steps I took and the red light stayed on. Then I was advised to schedule an appointment with a repair technician in my area and of course I was to wait 1-4 hours. Well I got tired of waiting so I cancelled and went to another appointment. I rescheduled again for 09/13/2018 but wanted to change the date because I needed to make a doctor's appointment for the same day. However, I went online to reschedule but could not because I had no confirmation number because I did not get any email confirming my appointment. I waited 26 minutes before a representative answered and of course I couldn't change the appointment because there were none available anytime soon. However, I got the confirmation number and went online to see if it would work and it didn't. I received a message telling me to call the customer service number. I had an issue with my dryer before this and I waited almost 5 hours before the technician showed up. My issue is why does it take so long to reach anyone, why does your online appointment doesn't work and why do I have to wait four hours and then the technician shows up late . If I was not at home when he showed up, I'm pretty sure that he would leave and I would have to reschedule. Your overall service is poor and I don't know why that is but I will never buy any appliances from GE in the near future when I build my home. It's 2018 and your company should be much better than this. MS Warren

Microwave that is 5years old started on fire when vent was on.no cooking in microwave was being done.luckily home to extinguish fire inside oven.fire came from top of unit.microwave #jvm1540dm5ww

I bought a GE range it is still under the 1 year warranty PG&E wrote up the range as leaking gas and tagged it HAZARDOUS. GE technician came out next day told me he could not SMELL a leak and could not find the leak with soapy solution. So I called out PG&E again to see if tightening the connections resolved the leak since GE tech had no CO devise to double check his work. PG&E found the range to still be leaking gas. I was insured next GE tech would have CO devise in hand he did not... 2nd tech from GE never serviced the range just called it in tells me PG&E is told to say it is leaking due to liability, NOT. I am promised once again by case manager GE "lead" tech would come out with CO devise in hand one more week out and the same GE tech that serviced the range on the first call shows up NO CO detector I told him he would not be coming in to do anything without CO detector in hand as I was promised on last two calls. I also confront him about stripping the screw on the left front burned and when reinstalling front burn actually breaking off the screw head and not disclosing it he denied knowing anything about it. Currently waiting for PG&E to come back after pleading with them about safety and telling them the trouble I have had with GE not being able to find the leak. GE technicians have failed to repair the range and are not taking the serious nature of the gas leak because they say they can't smell it. GE case manage has offered me to sub out a local repair person offering $250 to be reimbursed to me after submitting an invoice for the repair I have not been able to find a repair person with a CO detector like PG&E has that will work with an appliance under warranty and the reason I think is because the job will exceed the $250 pre approved limit GE will cover between the service call and possible parts replacement. This range is at my mothers house and she does not drive so not have a range to cook with has been an inconvenience not to say very stressful for both her an I to constantly spend hours each day trying to resolve and fix the stove at this point I feel GE should replace the stove at 100% not the discounted offer to purchase another they have failed to repair the range properly and it causes a potential danger to my mother if used. It is only a courtesy for PG&E to come out after a gas leak might be present it is not their job to repair the unit only to determine if it is safe. GE needs to replace the range due to lack of proper repair and the potential danger it poses the customer. Can you please help me I have a copy of the floods of email correspondence between GE customer relations and I which I can attach to this complaint. Note Global Services never was subbed out to the job.

#180730-006464 MODEL #GBE10ESJASB SERIAL #HH600550
How is it that a major appliance maker like GE produces such SHODDY REFRIGERATORS that breakdown within a year? And then you contract out repair to a second class (in my opinion) service provider, A+ APPLIANCES, for warranty repair.

I have been waiting for THREE WEEKS (NOW FOUR WEEKS) for A+ APPLIANCE REPAIR to fix my GE appliance! THEY GAVE ME FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT PARTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE, WHICH I HAVE CONFIRMED WERE DELIVERED TO THEM ON 7/26/18! TODAY IS 8/3/18! THEY SIMPLY LIED.

THAT'S 4 DAYS JUST SITTING THERE WHILE I HAVE NO REFRIGERATOR, AND WORSE YET, THE REPAIRMAN ARRIVED WITH THE WRONG PART! NOW I'M TOLD TO WAIT TWO MORE WEEKS FOR THE RIGHT PART TO BE ORDERED, AGAIN! TERRIBLE SERVICE! NIGHTMARISH!

GE PARTS SHOULD BE IN-HOUSE, ON THE SHELF! ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT FAIL FREQUENTLY - LIKE FAN ASSEMBLIES.

At this point I'd like very much to get rid of this unit, trade it in, and take the loss! If you have an upgrade program please advise me.

I would recommend terminating GE's contract with this service provider.

C. ALEXANDER

This has to be one of the worst experiences I have had in years. I purchased a brand new GE Glass top stove back in May. The first time we used the oven, we hear a very loud pop and find that the inner glass has exploded. This is 12 July and still no resolve. The GE Customer Service and coordination for the repair gets even worse. I called the service number on the receipt and was directed call any of three different numbers to resolve this issue. I was able to get the inner door glass ordered and an appointment for repair the stove. On the day scheduled for repair (8:00am -12:00) my wife wasted an entire day waiting for the repair person to show. I called at 11:30am to confirm the appointment and the service rep told me the repair person reported showing up but my daughter told him we did had not received the necessary parts for the repair. I do not have a daughter living at home and I already had my parts (glass window) on hand. My assumption is that he went the wrong address. This was later confirmed by the repairman himself After more time on the phone they reschedule the repair for that afternoon from 1pm-5pm. At 5:30pm the repairman showed but did not have the basic tools needed to complete the job. He came back the next morning to replace the inner glass on the oven door. He reported that the root cause was the door hinge and requested I contact GE again to schedule a return visit to fix the hinge.
Last Thursday, 05 July, I called to confirm the hinges had been put on order. I was assured they had been ordered and scheduled a repair appointment for today.
Two days ago I called again because I had not received my parts for the repair (hinges) and asked about the tracking number. The rep told me she did not show they had been ordered. She called dispatch, who supposedly contacted the repair rep and confirmed he would have the parts on hand for the appointment.
This morning was the morning the repairman was to show to fix the hinge. I am and have been on the phone all morning trying to determine why my repairman has not shown when the customer service supervisor that I spoke to yesterday assured me after calling dispatch that we were first on the list for the repairman's schedule.
The customer service representative(s) on todays need to be reprimanded for transferring calls without warning or notice. Two different reps transferred me. My assumption, having worked in a call center, is they didn't want to deal with the situation so they transferred me for the next rep to handle the call. So I have to start over and explain the The rep first told me she was checking on my status and I was suddenly transferred. This is extremely frustrating and even maddening. The second rep was no help. I did not appreciate her tone or willingness to help and requested to speak to her supervisor. I was left on hold for 15 minutes and suddenly transferring with no explanation.
Representative #3 was actually very helpful as I asked to speak to his supervisor at the start of the call. He provided the consumer relations number and conducted a warm transfer to his supervisor. Again I explained my ongoing, since May, situation to the supervisor who contacted dispatch and told me they would have the repair rep call me directly. I was told the repairman had reported showing this morning. This was not the case. My wife has been home the entire morning waiting for his arrival once again.
I called the repairman and he apologized saying he saw the appointment address and "blew it off" because he thought it was the door inner glass window which he had already repair. He did not know on my door or establish contact with my wife. He further stated that despite dispatch reporting that he would have the hinge parts on hand that they would need to be ordered and a new appointment scheduled for next Thursday, 19 July. Once again another day my wife had to spend waiting for the repair appointment wasted.
Now I am on the phone, on hold for the last 15 minutes, trying to resolve this issue with consumer relations 1-800-386-1215.

I called the repairman and he apologized

I purchased the washer machine from G.E. Appliance .Which was installed just 5 days ago. The installer did not do his job right. He was in hurry to finish the job in rush. He connected cold. hot. water hoses to hot water faucet, and cold water faucet without two screen filters with washers came with the machine.. He said that there were six screen filters ; he installed four, and other two extra which he was about to take home . Anyway ,we kept those two filters which were not extra. Because, he did not installed any filter. Installation Book says the machine includes two Screen filters with the washers and some other parts.. Not only that, the installer did not levelize the machine. Still we are not able to use the washer machine. My husband, and I are in our 80 years. We are really frustrated. The installation service left incomplete, very poor work. Phone no. 408 838 5118

I purchased a washer and dryer from Lowe's a few years ago. I have had to put 4 timers on dryer, and now it needs another one. Of course numerous knobs have been purchased too because of it. Now the washer sounds like it's coming apart!! I am a cancer patient, walking around with 2 broken heel bones with both feet in boots. Not that my medical problems are your problems. The point is - I CANNOT afford to have either appliance fixed or purchase new ones!! GE needs improvement!

Has anyone ever filed a complaint against GE Appliances that reached the corporate office? If someone has an issue with custome service, should they send their feedback directly to the CEO?

I am having remodeling done so wanted to protect the stove top on my GE JS750 30" range. I pushed on the control lock and the light came on showing the stove controls were locked. Then I covered the range with a beach towel. Several hours later I came into the kitchen and noted smoke coming out of the towel. The left rear burner was on even though the controls said it was locked. One of the workers must have rubbed against it while getting something off the counter top beside the stove.

I tested the other knobs to see if they would turn on. Two would not but the third one came on when turned to the left, but would not turn on when turned to the right. Then I went back and tried all the knobs again and none would turn on so it was locked out at that point. It was very fortunate I came into the kitchen when I did or there would have been a fire. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but wanted to let GE customer service know encase there is a defect in the range. I will lock it out from now on and twist each burner knob to make sure it is locked.

We bought a new Sears GE Washer on June 9, 2015, and it was delivered and installed by the delivery team on June 16, 2015. The first time we used the washer(June 19, 2015 it leaked water all over the floor. We called repair/delivery 800-469-4663 and they said they would come out on June 22, 2015, and the system transferred us to another number 800-732-7747. That number (Venice) told me that they would come out on June 23, 2015 in the AM (Service ID # 10784993).

I called the salesperson at the Henderson, NV store (Cindy), and she told me to request a new washer replacement, because I couldn't trust this one. I called 800-732-7747 again and Suzie told me that the Delivery Team would come out on June 23, 2015, time to be determined. I tried to verify the appointment online and the ID # was not accepted, nor was I able to register online. System said I needed a Captcha. I don't know what a Captcha is. I am very dissatisfied with the product and the service in an emergency water leak situation that I reported immediately.

I have a serious complaint on my new Kenmore Refrigerator Mod# 95.72043.112, Ser #208K Roo 723 purchased in November, 2012 concerning the Ice Maker design being very poor or almost non-existant. There are only 2 retired adults in this household and the ice only lasts half a day. I deep 3 old ice trays in the freezer to replinish after running out. I traded in a 23 year old GE side by side w/ ice & water in door and never ran out. I paid $3,500 for this model and am very dissatified. I have had four service calls to try to correct the problem. This forced me to buy a $500 ice maker to compensate.

Have feedback for GE Appliances?