Ford Customer Service

Contact Ford Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-392-3673

Ford Motor company is one of the largest auto producers in the world. Founded by Henry Ford, the company was first known for the Model-T and assembly line plant. Today Ford manufacturs cars and trucks ranging from the F-150 pickup truck to the Ford Mustang sports car.

Common issues with Ford are manufacturers defects, rude salespeople, employee complaints, and poor vehicle quality. If you have experienced any of these problems and more you can write to the Ford customer relations department at P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126.

If you have a complaint about your vehicle, Ford owners can call cusotmer service directly at 1-800-392-3673. The best hours to reach a live person are Monday-Friday, 8am-8:00pm Eastern Time.

Upset with Ford?

File a complaint here!

Reach Ford Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Ford corporate office

• 1 American Road
    • Dearborn
    • MI 48126

1-800-392-3673

Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time

Top Ford Complaints

My 2012 Ford Focus (Vin # 1FAHP3F28CL130934) brought new had a LR door latch fail in 2014. Today the RR door latch failed with a family member, groceries, and Chinese take out in the back seat. My groceries and takeout are all over Interstate 15. I'm a life time Ford and Lincoln customer (12 vehicles). Currently driving a new F150. Difficult to imagine that this dangerous safety situation exist with just my Focus. The door will not latch, the car can not be operated safely. I'm stuck with the loss of over a hundred dollars in groceries and take out. Is Ford willing to address and FIX this dangerous safety situation?

Comment (0)

This week I took my 2010 F-150 truck to Roundtree Moore Ford in Lake City Fl. for a squeaking noise below my truck. My assessment went as follows: I was told that my truck was missing mounting bushings on my exhaust and wire repair under heat needs to be repaired. The customer representative told me the mechanic shop who repaired my torque converter two weeks ago did not place the wires back properly and some wires as a result were "melted" by the heat shield next to the transmission.

I immediately drove the truck to my fathers home because he has the same year and model truck. We both used his truck as a guide and traced every wire on the entire transmission and found only one wire out of place. The 02 sensor wire running down the drivers side of the transmission was left on the heat shield over the muffler and that wire was undamaged and was put back in the appropriate clamp. We found zero damaged wires in any way and I returned the vehicle to the shop that completed the torque converter repair and they found no damaged wires.

The vehicle was found by that mechanic to have a transmission mount bushing missing which he agreed to replace. I returned to the Ford dealership on 10/28/2016 and spoke to "acting" service manager Mark Marshall as he informed me he is only a stand in until a permanent service manager is appointed. I spoke directly to him about my discernment to his technicians diagnosis of heat damaged wires and why the 02 sensor wire was left lying on the heat shield above the muffler. Mr. Marshal spoke to the service representative who gave me my diagnosis and she suddenly didn't recall the descriptive detail of my "melted" wires but acknowledged she told me I had them. Mr. Marshall then called the "Master Technician" concerning the 02 sensor wire left on the muffler heat shield and was told the heat shield could not create enough heat to melt the wire if it left there forever.

Mr. Marshal could have done one thing to stop a very uncomfortable and tense situation and he failed. He could have said "Allow me to get the technician who diagnosed your vehicle and have him show you the "heat damaged wires" and he never offered only stating, "I don't work on vehicles and the wires could have been discovered somewhere you could not see." That was all I needed to hear concerning the situation and my opinion is this dealership lied about a diagnosis of heat damaged wires to run up a repair bill from a simple transmission mount bushing to 900 dollars with all cost incurred. I have the quote, the diagnosis sheet and I will end this complaint with something I found extremely odd. I was told and I have in writing on my repair quote my vehicle could be fixed "tomorrow."

I found that odd because when I purchased the parts for the repair I was informed they are specialty parts and would take 7 days to arrive. That was 10 minutes after I received the quote. To think I paid this dealership 1045 dollars to fix a fuel pump 40 days ago and purchased a genuine Ford torque converter for 633 dollars just 3 weeks ago from this very dealership and my appreciation was returned with complete dishonesty. This letter may fall on deaf ears and so be it but consider this, I am a third generation Ford vehicle owner and my father, brother and I spoke of the fact we have purchased a combine 9 ford vehicles in the past 12 yrs.

Comment (0)

I purchased a new 2015 Ford Triton from Bauman Ford about a month ago. While working on final arrangements with the deal I was offered as part of the deal that if I spent up to 1000 dollars on shelving for in my van I would receive a 1,000 dollar rebate from Ford. I accepted that offer and had my salesman take the van before I even got it to a place they recommended and had about 1600 dollars worth of work done inside for storage. I took the receipts to my salesman after the work was complete. About a week later got a call from Bauman Ford telling me I would not be getting the rebate. I'm very disappointed as that was an incentive for me to purchase the van. What can I do about this?

Comment (0)

I have a 2011 Ford Raptor / F-150. I turned on my defrost on the rear glass this morning & like many others it exploded like a gun shot! Factory tint holds the glass together now. This is a chronic problem, well documented, but no recall from corporate so far, impossible to get any backing or support. If you own a Ford F-150, exploding back windows are just part of the deal.

Comment (0)

I walked into the the Lincoln Experience Center at Fashion island in newport beach, ca on Tuesday and what a joke. First I was not welcomed by anyone. When I finally tracked someone they showed up and told me to wait. I waited on the couches for 20 min. Then Rose Dancel the manager came up. She didn't even apologize for my wait and instead asked me what I wanted. I asked a few questions about the cars and none of them knew the answers such as how many valves per cylinder the MKZ had or what it's chassis made of. I felt they were very rude and I will definitely NOT be buying a Lincoln car. The Lincoln experience center is a bad experience center.

Comment (0)

We traded in a used Toyota with a payoff due on a new Ford Edge, Three weeks later, the car is not paid off- the payment auto debited from our account, and the sales manager will not return a call. We were told by finance that the pay off was sent-- BY REGULAR MAIL--12 days after we left the dealers ship. The finance company hasn't received the check and we are still on the hook for the financed amount nearly three weeks later. If this isn't illegal, it is just plain sleazy or sloppy.

Comment (0)

I own a Ford Festiva and have always serviced the car at a certified Ford repair shop. The car I drive started to overheat and I had the vehicle towed to Ford Quick Lane Murfreesboro TN because the vehicle was smoking from the right side.(roughly a month or so ago) The service department informed me that they could not find anything wrong except for the seal needed to be replaced around the over flow container. I excepted that, paid for the repair and I was reassured that was were the problem was and the repair was done.

The vehicle was serviced again (maintenance) mid June at that point in addition to the oil change and also the multi point inspection ( which includes checking hoses as I was told by a Ford technician named Chico) it was determined that the vehicle needed to be flushed and the cables around the battery needed cleaning.

That service was done 6/14/16 The receipt states Engine cooling system flush. I went on vacation permitting my niece to drive the vehicle because the car was serviced and there was nothing wrong. Wednesday my niece calls me saying the car has stopped and she did know what was wrong. I informed her to get the vehicle out of the street and I will call my tow service and have it towed to Ford. The next day I spoke with Chico he informed me that the "hose" broke, fluid ran out, engine died repair will cost me 2500.00. Within a month that car has been serviced twice and the problem with the hose was not detected? I feel that when the coolant was flushed why was the hose missed and not get changed?

At 87,000 plus miles why have I never been told the hose should be to be changed? Every problem Ford has recommended to me for the maintenance of my vehicle I have addressed. All the repairs done at a certified Ford repair shop. Had this problem with the hose been addressed and repaired I would not be regretting the fact that I ever purchased a Ford. All I am asking is that Ford stand behind their work or at least complete their work.

Comment (0)

I bought new a 2013 Ford F350, Super Duty with a 6.0 liter diesel. This truck should have been yellow like the standard lemon color. It was in the shop numerous times and left me walking many, many times over the years. I poured $$ after $$ into this trash bucket. Finally, in December, 2013 I, at customer expense, paid over $18,000 for a new Ford Factory engine. My decision to do this was because I was told by Steamboat Ford that all the 6.0 diesel bugs had been "worked out" and the engine was the top of the line. I agreed and a new engine was installed. I was told that the engine had a warranty of 100,000 miles with no time limitations or it carried a three year, unlimited mileage warranty.

The engine performed well for approximately 30,000 miles. Then it started loosing power, would shut off and sometimes it would restart immediately and sometimes after an hour or maybe the next day. It was taken to Steamboat Motors (FORD) several times. They were unable to diagnose or repair this problem after many attempts. I was told that there was just a "glitch" that had to happen when it the shop. I was and still am uncomfortable with this truck and its lack of dependability.

On April 10th,2016 I met with Austin the service mgr at Steamboat Motors to make an appointment to bring the truck in to repair this continuing problem. I stressed the urgency in having an exact appointment so that they would repair it that day. He gave me the date of May 02, 2016 to bring the truck in. He promised me that they would start on it that day and that nothing would interfere with that schedule. The truck was towed in ($350.00) on Sunday, the day before so it would be there on time. Monday, May 02, they simply started the truck and pulled it to the side lot saying that they could find no problems with the engine and that it showed no codes to repair. This is the same thing that I have been told numerous times by the same shop. However; it has left me walking at least EIGHT times since the new engine was installed and has had numerous tow bills that Ford has denied.

I am dis-abled with bone cancer and have been on crutches or a walker for over twenty months. I live in a remote area that has very limited cell service so I can not always call for a ride. After waiting somewhat patiently for four weeks and my truck not being repaired, I started insisting on my truck being repaired. Finally, at some point, they moved my truck into the shop and disassembled the engine. Still at this time it is not repaired and I am still incurring a rental bill. At this time, I am out in excess of $7,000 plus wrecker bills.

Steamboat Motors has made and given me every excuse in the book as to why they are not repairing my truck. Some are: we do not know what is wrong with it---same excuse that I have been given for over TWO YEARS; next it was we do not have a technician available; then "we have to order special tools from Ford and who knows how long that will take";next it was --we are doing everything we can; next it was the tech does not want to work on my truck because I am being such a pest. I wonder if he would be any different if he depended on his truck to run a ranch and he received the same service that I am getting. Next; why don't you take it to some other shop because we can't make you happy. And the list goes on and on. Bottom line is this.

My appointment was now three months ago and My truck is still not repaired and I can have no hopes of getting it back soon. I have a list of 27 calls that I have made and left messages requesting a call back with a status. Three have been returned as of this date. The answer is always the same----we really don't know what is wrong therefore we don't know how to repair it..As of this writing, my truck is still disassembled and no other dealer will take responsibility of taking it for repairs. I have expressed many times the urgency in getting my truck back and to no avail. I have received other excuses such as the technician is on vacation or out sick or just doesn't want to work on my truck. Also, I was told that the service manager is out of town and told us to not touch the truck until he returns. I have been treated very rudely by the service writers, the service manager and the assistant general manager ( Ed ).

I have been hung up on 4 times and been told to not call back and harass the staff.All I want is my truck back and to know when I can expect it. I have to extend my rental in advance so I really need to be kept informed. The only one at Steamboat Motors that has even expressed an interest in assisting me is the General Manager, John Sentner. As much as I hate to say it, I now understand why the business is loosing customers. I can furnish a long list of people that go out of town to buy their trucks---they buy where they can get service. That is very obviously the problem at Steamboat Motors.

Comment (2)

Leased a 2016 Ford c-Max two Months ago. The battery went dead last month, got road service to come and start it. The dealer changed a Module. Monday 27th this month the car set dead in our drive way again. My wife's mother was in the hospital I had to take her to the hospital and come home and get road service again. Took the car to the dealer they run test and can't find the problem. My wife and I are upset and would like to talk to some one higher up at Ford headquarters about our complaint. To get out of the lease we will be out more Money and I just bought a 2016 from the same dealership. I've bought a lot of ford vehicle and hope to continue buying fords.

Comment (0)

I recently purchased a 2015 used escape at Palm Bay Ford, in Florida for $ 19,900. I was told that it was a 2016, with low miles. I traded in a 2012 SE Focus, they gave me $ 7,000 dollars, Later I realized it was a 2015 instead of a 2016. I do take the blamed for not paying more attention. I feel that I was mislead, by the sales personnel. The very next week, I received an add for a new 2016 Escape for $ 18,995, plus now they were going to give me $ 8,000 for my car. I feel betrayed by the Ford Motor Company. My family has owed Fords as long as I can remember. I myself have always looked at Fords first. I will be getting rid of this vehicle as soon as I can afford it. Every time I look at the car, I feel like I have been cheated. I will never set foot in Palm Bay Ford and be assured, that my next vehicle will anything but a Ford.

Comment (0)

Why do my brakes squeak in reverse with only 15,000 miles on them. Never in my life had a heard on this kind of problem before. My neighbors truck same year, his brothers truck and everybody that owns one have the same problem. How do I tell my friends and relatives to buy one when they hear that noise. $40,000 truck and that noise I don"t get it.

Comment (0)

I have taken many Ford Vehicles to Liberty Ford Southwest at 6600 Pearl Road, Parma Heights, Ohio 44130 over many years for service. I always trusted their service department. They used to make me feel like a VIP when I came in. Things have changed over the past year. On April 5 2016 I took my 2013 Ford Escape in for service for a recall item and an oil change with tire rotation. My service advisor must have been on break. A very young lady came to talk to me about repairs needed on my Escape.

I was told that my Escape needed rear break pads and rotors for $372.00 and rear shocks for $360.00, and that I needed new window wipers on the front. This made a red flag go up in my mind because I Just had Safelite Autoglass replace my front window that was cracked on March 5 2016. I had them put a new set of wiper blades on the front. When I told this to the young lady, she said that the wiper blades must have been seconds. I was also told that the left front axel seal was leaking, but was covered by 5/60 Powertrain. I declined to let Liberty Ford Southwest to do the repairs.

On May 5 2016 I took my 2013 Ford Escape to Mike Bass Ford 5050 Detroit Road Sheffield Village, Ohio 44035. They replaced the rear brake pads and rotors for $277.49, and told me that the rear shocks were fine. They fixed the left front axel seal, no charge. I have the bill from Liberty Ford Southwest, and Mike Bass Ford. I would hope that you would agree that Liberty Ford Southwest doesn't represent Ford Motor Company very well. I can't take another Vehicle to a dealership that I can't trust!

Comment (0)

I purchased an ESP when I bought a preowned F350 (vin 1FT8W3B67BEC30094) from Northside Ford in San Antonio , Texas on 7-23-2015 . i traded that vehicle for another Ford product, F-150 at Jennings Anderson Ford in Boerne on April 6, 2016. I took the odometer statement provided by the dealer to Northside Ford to claim the refund on this ESP on April 7th and was told I would hear from someone in "a couple of days". On April 20th I had not heard from Northside as promised so I called your National Ford ESP administrative line and was told they processed the refund on April 13th and the amount was $1155.12.

On April 21st I contacted Scott Gilmore, finance director at Northside and after some difficult discussion and a callback from him two hours later, he advised that he had the check in his hand made out to me and I asked that he drop it in the mail. It is now 8 days later and I live 25 miles from the dealership and I have yet to receive the check. Calls this afternoon to Scott Gilmore and Beverly Smith, the comptroller, have not been returned as promised. Can you help me? I am a very unhappy lifelong owner of Ford products and this is the worst dealership we've ever dealt with.

Comment (0)

My Ford F150 SC limited has been leaking water for over a year. I have been to the dealership a number of times during this time period and a variety of parts have been installed (2 third brake lights,new sunroof,new back glass and door w/strip). Contacted dealership about mildew smell and they say they have ordered new carpet but after last repair this morning I still have water in truck. Approximately 2 months ago your engineer was at dealership and could not make truck leak.I am being backed into a corner and feel the need for an attorney. I have talked to customer service and she says I am not eligible for a buyout with this type of problem.

Comment (0)

I bought a 2010 Ford Expedition EL new. For the last year I've had a problem with paint bubbling on the tailgate. After doing some research I've come to find this is a common problem. Brought it to my dealer and was told this was not Fords problem. I had an extended warranty and was told that unles it rusts through it would not be covered. Seeing as the lift gate is aluminum both you and I know it will never rust through. I want to know what can be done as my vehicle is well maintained and obviously this is a Ford defect.

Comment (0)

02/13/2016 I purchased a 2016 F 150 4x4. I am a military retired veteran with a 100% VA waiver. I filled out your military discount paper as required and gave it to the sales manager. I'st the paper word was wrong. When we got our plate info from the NM DMV it indicated we paid form additional plate. In NM I pay no plate fee. Then after waiting over a month I call Rich Ford to inquire on the $500 rebate. The Sales manager tells me that they did not process the form as required by corporate.

The he tells me that Rich Ford is taking care or it and they would be calling me in a couple of days to pick up the money. I wait another several days and call back. He look in to it again and get back to me. Well that has not happened. I have bought several new fords and always from Bob Turner who is no longer in business and never had this experience. I am very dissatisfied with the service from Rich Ford.

Comment (0)

See recall in 2011 about defective and very unsafe door handles becoming unlatched while driving. Yes the door can open going 70 mph down hwy. Not enough work done to resolve this fatal error. Both of my front door handles are this way as of lately. Would like some help here. This van has been taken care of yet has had multiple problems. I want to complain to the Ford corporate office now.

Comment (0)

On February 16 2016 I dropped off my car to Sayville Ford for maintenance service they worked on my vehicle the next day February 17, 2016. My vehicle was complete by 9 AM that morning I picked up the vehicle approximately 4 PM that late afternoon when I return the loaner car. I got home approximately 4:30 PM when I noticed the skirt underneath my front vehicle by the engine was rubbing on the floor hanging then I looked under the vehicle and seen a metal plate missing and the metal skirt underneath the vehicle was smashed in. Then I called my service advisor Ross and mentioned to him that somebody destroyed my truck he told me to take a picture and send it to his cell phone so he could show his service manager.

I sent him the three pictures and he said to bring it in when I get back from vacation which would be Tuesday, February 23, 2016 and they would take care of it for me. I arrived at the Ford dealer on the 23rd approximately 4 PM and they took my car in to bring it up on a lift to see the damage the people that were present was. The service manager the service advisor and the mechanic that was working on my vehicle. The Ford customer service manager told me that they would not let a vehicle go out of their shop with that kind of damage and they would've called me to tell me that there was damage underneath my vehicle.

Sayville Ford is the only service place that Services my truck I picked up the vehicle approximately 4 o'clock that day February 17 drove it directly home and that's when I took the pictures. I took the pictures at 4:28 PM on that day.

Basically the service manager denied that they court the damage and blamed it on me

Comment (0)

I bough a 2016 ford escape but I can't listen to my favorite radio station 87.7 how can I get this fixed. No help after calling Ford complaints number or the customer service line.

Comment (4)

On February 13. About 11:30am I went into city world Bronx dealership with my boyfriend. I liked the Rava 4.-2016. We went out and test drive it and everything was good. Then we sat down to talk money. I told salesperson about the ad in the coop city paper. He knew about it too. 919. Down and monthly payment. I don't remember the correct monthly. His mgr was called over. He gave me another deal. 00.00 Down and 319 a month. I said" that was high. " I don't want to get into a deal I can't afford. Then it went down to 299. I said no thank you and left. I was not sure. I need to think. My boyfriend and out went out to talk about it. I called the salesperson about 20 minutes later. I came back in.

The second mgr came over. The new deal was 305. Still nothing down. And 350 for the DMV fee. I asked about the last deal. He said I can't do it.. It will not allow me. So.. I agree with that deal. I was give the papers Completed them. Salesperson was not much help when I needed him to answer questions for the insurance company. He asked for the money total of 658.00. I gave my my bank card. Now it about 2pm. My boyfriend needed to go for the kids game. Salesperson came back for me to sign the receipt for 658.00. No problem.

I gave him the information I received from the insurance agent. It's now 3pm still waiting.. My bank was down to nothing at this point. I asked what going on.. Waiting for the financial person. I'm tired and hungry. Salesperson came back asked me for my bank statement and pay studs. I don't carry those items in my bag. Nothing else was said. It now 4pm. I went into the financial office. He said I can't put in into the 2016 Rava 4 today. The credit score is too low. The bank will not allow me. I said" why did you take my money.. Why did I wait so long to get any answer like that. He responded with " I was told you was waiting for your husband. I looked at him what husband. I never told any one to wait for what husband.

They felt the man who was with me was my husband. NOT!! They want me to get the paper which will help me withy the deal. I agreed to go home. The salesperson drove me home and back. I give the salesperson my papers to be copied he mess up. He didn't copy all the papers and the second mgr questions me about the papers.i gave them the papers.. All the papers again. Now it 5pm. I need to wait again. I was called into the office about 530pm. My boyfriend came back to check on me. They called me in the office. Now. A new financial person talked to me. Still No.. We can do it. Then why did I do everything you said and still nothing.. Why did I go hon end come back for the same answer. He said.

May be your boyfriend can cosign for me. I said no. That wasn't the deal from 12pm. I could not believe what they did. I felt like a fool. They lied to me. I never told them my score was great. Why didn't they check my score before taking my money. Who does things like that. I called the insurance to cancel the policy and asked for my money back. The second mgr said I will get my 658.00 in 48 hours. Today is Thursday it has been more then 48 hrs. I called the dealership today. I was told someone will call me back...

NOT!! No one called me back. I called before they closed. I was told the finance dept refund money on Fridays. Why do I have to wait when they did me wrong. He also added. If not Saturday. Now I really didn't want to hear that. If you was in my shoes. You too will be upset. I came into the dealership with no car and money. I left the dealership 6hours later with no car and no money. Saturdays was the day before valentine. My Saturday was shot. How can the salesperson and mgr as well as financial person play person like that.

Comment (0)

I have a 2016 Explorer which intermittently will not start. It has been in the shop for 2 months without a resolution. I called and filed a complaint as requested by my dealer. The answer I now get is I don't know how to start the vehicle and that there is nothing wrong with it. The case number is CAS 87295 77= J8P9J6. The last I was told was that I should take the vehicle and Ford will supply me with an extended warranty. That is worthless to me if you can not start the vehicle to run it.

I can not trust this vehicle to start and do not want to get caught at a grocery store with a cart full of groceries and the vehicle not starting. The starting problem has occurred with **3** different drivers. My daughter was one and my husband had to go and pick her up from the vehicle. I am politely asking for a different vehicle or money back. I hope that you will pay attention to this email as so far I have had no success in Ford solving this problem. The customer service rep gives me the impression that I am the problem and not the vehicle. I hope you will help me.

Comment (0)

My 2015 ford ecosport clutch broke. The car was towed to Ford Fury William Nicol. I have experienced the worst as I had to wait for 4 hours to be served. Sitting without transport Ford took a day to get back to me. Telling me the reason for the breakdown was the behavior of my driving. Charged me R11k; R4k for Labour. Contacted the ford customer care; waited 3 days for feedback and got the same feedback. No one experienced on this level looked at this as they cannot explain as to why the clutch broke. How do they now how I my driving is.

The dealer I bought the car from was willing to assist offered a loan vehicle and promised to fixed the car within 2 days. William nicol now wants to charge a labour fee. What happened to customer service. They rip us off. When I was given a second opinion I was told that the ford ecosport has a clutch problem and was told that warranty should cover clearly because it is a mechanical problem. I would like to suggest if a page can be created so we can show ford that this is a fault on the clutch and not driver habits. I am sure that I'm not the only one in this situation

Comment (0)

Walker Ford Service Department in Clearwater Florida will not address my request for service. They will not scheduled appointment, provide a loaner car, return emails or phone calls. I'm not sure why they will not accept my business. Furthermore my vehicle is under a factory warranty from the Ford Motor company.

Comment (0)

I recently discovered the paint bubbling on the front edge of my 2013 Ford Explorer hood and thought it was a manufacturer’s defect that would be taken care of swiftly. I bought the car new and it had 44,000 miles when I first noticed the defect. I brought the vehicle back to a Ford dealership, but not where I purchased it. The dealer took some pictures of what is clearly a manufacturer’s defect and said they would file a Digital Imaging Claim with Ford Motors.

My car is out of warranty, but seeing how this is clearly a defect I figured Ford would do what most responsible manufacturers do – stand behind their products and make it right for me – the consumer. Ford outright refused the fix the defect and continually fell back on the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. My claim was that it’s not about mileage – the car is less than three years old and the paint is bubbling and chipping to pieces. They stuck to the warranty issue. Ford offers a rust warranty for five years on the vehicle, but if you don’t have a hole the size of a nickel where the rust burned through then you are again – out of luck. The dealer said that they can repaint the hood for about $600 but Ford wouldn’t be paying for any of the work.

For a vehicle that is less than 3 years old and the paint starts to bubble and chip that is just poor craftsmanship. I’ve owned three Ford vehicles in the past, my daughter and son both own Ford vehicles and for Ford to treat a loyal customer like this for a lousy $600 repair, that is clearly their fault, is just obscene. Ford is a disgrace. I got rid of the Ford – my daughter just traded in her Ford for a Nissan and my son will be looking for new vehicle in the next 18 months – I guarantee it won’t be a Ford.

Ford is so cheap; they wouldn’t even provide for a $600 repair and did everything in their power to avoid responsibility for the defect. But in the end it’ll cost them a customer that has been loyal to them for over 15 years and the three consumers in training I have in my family. My three kids, 20, 25 and 27, will never own a Ford and social media and word of mouth spread faster than the bubbling paint on the hood of my 2013 Explorer. That’s real smart business acumen Ford. Goodbye forever Ford.

Comment (0)

I have a Freestar 2004 it has about 125,000 miles there was a recall on a transmission part I was going to get it fixed but before I could get it fixed the transmission had a complete system failure. It is at RC Lacy in Catskill NY right now and I was told I would need a new transmission. I did some recherché and found that a lot of these transmission go I think this should be replaced. In speaking to another mechanic he said this is a common problem. I think for a car with only 125 thousand miles the transmission shouldn't fail.

Comment (0)

I would do zero stars if I could due to Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood due to lack of professionalism and lack of warrantied issues I'm having with my navigator which has cost me over $5,000 in repairs. Ebie as well as Lee in customer service at Sunrise Ford are full of lies and have denied any warranty and have told me to take my business elsewhere. After having major issues with Sunrise Ford, they will be having a lot of issues in the near law and I will be taking major legal matters.

I never thought I'd experience such bad service. After trying to contact the general manager there I have NEVER received any call back or recognition. Due to all the unnecessary headache, unprofessional-ism and lack of taking care if customers when I have clearly spent so much time and money trying to fix a vehicle that they clearly have no experience on I will never buy a Ford again.

Comment (0)

I purchased a 2014 Connect Transit last year in June, I have been a customer of Holman since 1984. The handle on my Luggage Compartment broke off, while I was just opening the back as I do on a routinely all day long every day.
I drive for Uber, This handle was made with 100% plastic, with small plastic connectors, that connected to the baggage door. I reported to the dealership, they charge me $152.60, n0t including labor for the part, This part was all plastic it was made not to last. Of all places to put a plastic door handle on the trunk. I will be buying this part at lease 3 to 4 times a year. This part was part of the trimming, example rubber molding. I call the service manager to inform him I was filing a complaint with the Ford corporate office.

Comment (0)

Good day, I have a Ford Fiesta and have been told by Consolidated Ford in North Rand Road that they DO NOT stock the parts in need as the Fiesta I have is not in South Africa. How is that possible? I looking for the Grommets that hold the cover over the motor. The Car is a 2007 Ford Fiesta - VIN No: WF0DXXGAJD7D11439. I have spoken to the corporate office at Ford several times about this complaint with no resolution.

Comment (0)

My check engine light came on. Naturally I had it checked and was told that I needed a new engine. my truck was supposed to be the top of the line fords. Ford f150 king ranch and it should have lasted more than 80,000 miles. After checking on line I found many complaints with the same problem. It is a shame the way your big shot company treats consumers. I am a former marine Vietnam vet. and know a lot of others and you can bet we will not be buying any ford products in the future.

Comment (0)

I have bought a 2014 ford focus a few months ago not knowing it has a standard transmission not an automatic transmission I have had it bring it back to the dealership once to reprogram the transmission and a second time to have the clutch replaced and with less then 30 000 km and now it is doing it again. I almost got into an accident when the car would not accelerate going through an intersection this is deftly a safety issues. This is not the first Focus that I have owned my 2007 has 400 000 km on it and is still a great car my son drives it now, what options do I have for this new car? I am not happy at all with the support I have gotten from the company

Comment (0)

We purchased a problematic 2013 Ford Escape. It was stalling while driving and was brought back to the dealer Lincoln Heights Ford. It had a defective head gasket allowing coolant into all of the cylinders. The work was performed by a licensed Ford factory trained mechanic and was returned to us in a damaged and dangerous condition. Exhaust components were misaligned causing the engine compartment to fill up with exhaust. A secondary leak was caused by a badly damage hose and another area of the exhaust(a $159 clamp) was broken and had a $3. hose clamp wrapped around it to re-secure the part. High levels of carbon monoxide was entering the vehicle cabin, it took approximately 6 weeks to realize it was the car. It was returned to the dealer, inspected twice and we were assured no leak existed and was safe to drive.

The service advisor stated 17 sensors were positioned throughout the exhaust and the car would alert me to a any leak. My family was gassed for another 2 weeks until a carbon monoxide detector arrived and I started testing the vehicle. Tests indicated up to 220ppm of c.o. entering the cab.(see you tube video Greg white 2013 ford escape problem) It took several months for two other Ford dealers to diagnose and repair all of the problems. We are currently suing Ford of Canada and Lincoln Heights ford, Ford denies all responsibility. If you end up with a lemon, you are on a long miserable road. Our children,my wife and I were continually gassed. I worry about the long term affects

Comment (0)

I have a 2011 mustang and I was on the beltway when I lost all power at 70 miles per hour. I was lucky to be able to pull over with out getting hit. I shut the car off and waited 5 min, restarted it and everything was fine. I searched the issue and found out ford has bad ETB which are causing the proble. You need to recall this before people get killed!

Comment (0)

Friday July 24th, reached my destination & noticed our heat shield was hanging down under our 2014 F-150 pickup. I had a friend take the dust guard/ heat shield completely off & had planned on going to the dealership on Monday July 27th, to have it put back on, or at least get an appointment with the service department to get it back in place. Monday morning came I went to the dealership that we bought the truck from. We bought the truck at Paducah, Ford.

I went to the service department with my heat shield in hand to tell the guys that the heat shield had to be taken off, because the plastic bolts had come out and that I needed to have it replaced. He said that because I had my oil changed at another location & not at the Paducah dealership that they would not be able to fix this. I told him I was under warranty and it was a bumper to bumper 36,000 mile warranty and this should be covered under the warranty. He said the piece would cost me $336.00 to replace this.

I said I would talk to the guy who sold me the extended warranty that my husband purchased for an extra $2,000.00. I went to talk to Tommy Coley, upon purchasing the $50,000.00 vehicle assured us if we had any problems with service to let him take care of them. I told him my problem that I needed the heat shield put back on the truck. He said just a minute, left the room & sent the general manager Dan Stoves and the owners son back to me. He said that they would not replace the heat shield, and the warranty would not cover it because they didn't change my oil.

The place I had my oil changed the date was 5/30/15 I was out of town & couldn't have the oil changed at Paducah Ford & the heat shield was put back on and held until 7/24/15 it was held in with plastic screws, I believe that is the problem and I asked him if they would put the shield back in place for me. He said they didn't cause the problem and he didn't care if the cost was $5 or $350 they would not replace it or put it in place, told me that it was time for me to leave. I asked him if this would void my warranty by not having it in place. He did not answer me & again told me to leave.

I went back out to the service department & asked the service manager if this would void my warranty by not having the shield in place. He told me it would not, This experience with Paducah Ford has been very upsetting I mean this is just a small part that would have taken only minutes to fix. I would not recommend Paducah Ford to anyone, if they wont fix a small repair, I hate to see what is going to occur when I need any additional work done, I am very, very unhappy with my purchase from Paducah Ford, still love my pickup just very, very, very unhappy with the treatment I received from Tommy Coley & the general manager Dan Stovesand.

Buy a ford, just don't buy it at Paducah Ford because they do not stand by their claim that they will take care of you when you need it, I hope that my claim will help someone who is thinking about buying from Paducah Ford, I strongly recommend that you go to any other dealership in the area. ( Debra Mayes - very unhappy customer )

Comment (0)

We bought a ford escape in November with an extra package that would allow pulling 3,500 lbs - specifically saying that we where buying this car to pull a small RV. Their official towing guide says that it will. When we went purchase an RV of 2500 lbs, we were told by the dealership that this would be unsafe even with all of the bells and whistle stabilizers etc. The owner said he would not do it. He recommended a company with even smaller RV's who told us that they have had people try to use our vehicle to pull their RV, only to find that they where also unstable and had tremendous difficult on hills which contributed to transmission problems.

Further exploration on the internet verifies that regulations on towing have not effectively prevented 100's deaths from small RV accidents. We do not feel that this is the right vehicle for us and are being told they will not buy it back. The owner of the Wiscasset dealership in Maine actually told me I was bogus when I said that I was very unhappy with the service I was getting. This did not seem very important to the customer service people. I am just so sad that we are stuck with a vehicle that knowledgeable people are advising me not to use for the purpose I bought it for.

Comment (0)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4x4. At 66701 miles transmission went out and had to be replaced at a cost of $ 3,965.18 car had always been serviced at a Ford Quick Lane Service Dept. Ask the mechanic what caused this transmission to go bad and was told it was a poor design and a defective transmission and there are thousands out there that are bad and Ford is not doing anything to fix the issues with these transmissions I.ve wrote Ford Motor Co. a week ago and have not heard back from them as of yet. The mechanic said there was no reason this should have happened beings it had always been serviced very well and by the Ford Dealer. All service records are on file to back up any service that they had preformed on vehicle. The new transmission was in stalled by a private mechanic and not by a Ford dealer, but the new transmission did come from Ford Motor Co. with a (3)year unlimited mile warranty. More to come as soon as I hear back form Ford if I ever do!

Comment (1)

My son-in-law just bought a 2014 ford focus with 18,000 miles on it for $13,999 before taxes. He Has had the car for less then 2 weeks and already having issues with transmission its seems. The car jerks when you drive from stop and its seems its getting worst. Will be taken it back to dealer and better resolve the problem. I have read so many bad reports with this and reviews from many others. They need to recall them. If I would have know then I would have told him not to purchase the vehicle. If the problems doesn't get resolved I will have him take the car back to be returned. I will make a big deal out of this. Shame on you ford I always thought ford had great cars but I can't see this.. So many bad things about the car. Very sad about this.

Comment (0)

A few months ago while my wife was backing out of the garage the power steering system failed almost taking out one of the poles that support my carport. While she was driving to work today the power steering assist failed again this time She was on a city street in town. I have search the Internet and there are hundreds of complaints on this issue. Everyone that I know that owns this model vehicle is having this problem. It's just a matter of time before someone is injured or killed due to this defect, if it hasn't happened already.

Comment (5)

I have a 2007 f-150 crew cab with 82,000 miles. I'm having trouble with both manifolds on the engine leaking exhaust. This problem started before it was out of factory warranty I had it fixed at Ford service. I also had a 2002 Ford f-150 that done the same thing. Something just isn't right with the bolts used on these trucks. I'm a ford truck man owned Ford trucks since 1978. I've took care of this truck, I feel something needs to done about this problem it cost to much to fix this problem.

Comment (0)

I have a 2007 f-150 crew cab with 82,000 miles. I'm having trouble with both manifolds on the engine leaking exhaust. This problem started before it was out of factory warranty. I had it fixed at Ford service. I also had a 2002 Ford f-150 that did the same thing. Something just isn't right with the bolts used on these trucks. I'm a Ford truck man, owned Ford trucks since 1978. I've taken care of this truck, I feel something needs to done about this problem! It cost too much to fix this problem.

Comment (0)

Worst experience I have ever had at Vista Ford of Oxnard! Unfortunately the salesman David was so unprofessional that I left the dealership crying! I understand sales and the time it takes to "make a deal" but under no circumstance is it okay to belittle, bully and yell at a potential customer for not being ready to make a deal. He was so rude first trying to show me used cars then showing me a car that supposedly I can't afford by there MSRP invoice and lastly trying to bully me into a lease that I didn't want to do. I am still not convinced that the right salesman can't make those numbers work. It was a 2014 Ford Edge and if the price was right I would have walked away with the perfect car.

Due to these unfortunate circumstances I spoke to Allison who listened took responsibility and confirmed to me that I should not have been treated in this manner. If I did decide to buy a car from Vista Ford I would want Allison to get the commission. As far as how David treated me I absolutely hope I never see him again. I know we all have bad days and me not buying a car can be frustrating. A letter of apology from the dealership is what I would expect and unfortunately I did not even get that. The general manager Darren made contact with me and tried to sell me a car and justified David's actions because he was on commission pay. He did apologize but words mean nothing when you justify the actions by saying he is a commissioned employee. Is there even such a thing?

Basically I just want to let the reviewers know if you are in the market to lease, be bullied and or deal with a company that has no accountability for there actions besides "you have to trust me" than this might be the right dealership for you. My experience was two thumbs down.

Comment (0)

My 2006 F150 stx has paint peeling on left side of hood. I have been told that the primer was not done properly from the factory. I can see the bare aluminum hood, also primer is peeling, and the paint is being blown off as I drive on the highway. All the rest of the truck is perfect. I feel this is a defect in manufacturing and should be taken care by Ford motor company.

Comment (0)

My husband & I went to Ford of Ocala to buy a F-150 XLT pick-up truck. My brother works for Ford and we would be allowed to use his A-Plan for the discount. We went to this dealership (3) times and finally found a truck we liked. We had all our necessary information and trade-in plus a deposit to put down when we were informed that they lost the keys to the truck. We asked them, aren't there usually (2) sets of keys and low and behold, they lost both sets. "What on earth were they doing?"

Then to make matters worse, they wanted to give us only half the value of our trade-in, since we already checked with the Kelly book and knew the true value. Well, it didn't end there, they also did not like the fact that my brother, who works for Ford has the A-Plan, so they tried to down play it and refused to give us any other discounts for may I add was a new 2014 F-150. They told us you have the A-Pan and that's it, plus they added their own dealer options worth over $2,000 and expected for us to just accept it and pay for it.

Our experience with them was totally unprofessional, unethical, disrespectful, so we walked away from there and decided that we'll take our business to a dealer who can treat their customers with the consideration and respect they deserve. Our complaint is not with Ford but with that dealership in Ocala, Fl.

Also, just to let you know that the manager who worked on the papers didn't even have the decency to introduce himself or meet with us. Very unprofessional to say the least. We still plan on buying an F-150 but will have to go out of our way to find another dealership. Please look into the Ford of Ocala, because this was not the first time this happened, but it certainly will be the last.

Comment (0)

I have purchased four Ford vehicles from Lake ford ,in Lewistown Pa 17044, I can't believe that one ford dealership can do so much bad workmanship on there customers vehicles. We purchased a new 2001 zx2 from them. We took it back for a heater problem. They broke the windshield trying to remove the access panel to the heater, drilled holes in the bottom of the heater and when you ran the ac water ran out on the passenger floor. They did repair work on my f350 lariat, left grease on the seats and carpets, stood on the chrome front bumper scuffing up the chrome.

They replaced a exhaust manifold on my brothers 5.4 engine and when they removed the manifold they dropped in on the brake line rupturing it, I took four wheels and tires off of my Porsche Cayman S to them last week to be mounted. They ruined the paint on the first wheel they tried to change. I stopped them before they trashed anymore. They told me that the machine they should have used was broken. I think they should pay me for the damaged wheel.

Comment (0)

I took four tires to Lake Ford, Lincoln Mercury, in Lewistown Pa 17044. They destroyed the paint on the first tire, trying to change it. I stopped them from destroying the paint on the remaining three,. They told me that the tire machine that they should have used was broken. I ask them why they destroyed my rim. When they new they had the wrong tools. They were supposed to contact me to have my rim repaired. They never did. I have purchased four vehicles from this dealership since 2003, a zx2, escape, f350 lariat, and a focus. If they don't make this right I will not purchase another car from Ford!!!

Comment (0)

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta. It has been through 2 new transmissions, a new computer/transmission part (in shop right now), and has been in at least 1-2 other times for transmission work. I am checking into lemon laws to see if it falls under this. I have missed work due to car issues and will not recommend this car to anyone ever.

Comment (0)

the timing chain broke at 70,000 miles. this vehicle was serviced every 3,000 miles. this is a local police vehicle and since I have been chief of police I bought only Fords. The crown vics I bought all had the paint peel off and ford would not help second this is the second ford explorer that the motor is gone because of the timing chain. Every mechanic I have consulted said yes the explorers have a problem with the timing chains- I find this out after buying 1-2013 & 2-2014 ford explorers. This should be taken care of instead of me having to spend $5,000.00 for a motor at 70,000 miles. great job ford.

Comment (0)

My car is a 2012 Ford Mustang. Less than 1 year of owning my car, the paint on the hood started bubbling, directly in the middle of the front of the hood and has now chipped off. I just starting notice more bubbling now popping up towards the left front side of the hood. This car is only 2 years old and I can't believe that this is happening. Will you stand by your name and fix this paint issue as this is looking very bad on the car?

Comment (0)

Purchased a pre-owned certified 2013 Taurus with 23000 miles. The car has been in the shop more times than i made payments. From radio, front end and door handle with little help from dealer.

Comment (0)

2005 Ford Escape - The right rear inner wheel well has rusted so badly that the shock tower is resting on the hatch wall. Every time I go over a rough part of the road, there is a loud banging noise. Please do not say that Ford is not aware of this problem. The are hundreds of Escapes that have this problem. Most of us cannot afford the repair, and cannot afford a new car. Most of us still are paying on the car. How am I to pay for a repair that may or may not work that costs around 2K to repair? I have owned several Fords, and I am very disappointed in the lack of attention from Ford. My family and friends own other make cars that are older than mine, and have less rust on their car. Please step up to the plate and do something. More and more are talking about a lawsuit. I will jump on the lawyer train, but would prefer not to. Please be responsible. I am also preparing a flyer to put on every Ford Escape that I see. I am sure the news stations would be interested.

Comment (0)

Ford Escape 2012 - Rust on wheel wells and doors poorly repaired during warranty period; have been asking them to redo the work since rust resurfaced within months; pictures, emails, phone calls, dealership visits and still no repairs, just aggravation. Worst customer service! No respect for clients or warranty. They seem to think if you ignore product and client issues long enough, they'll just go away. Jim Keay Ford Canada.

Comment (5)