Customer Satisfaction Results

Ford

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on May 04, 2013
Customer Rating

I bought a 04 ford explorer and I already replaced 3 out of the 4 wheel hubs I just got it back and it was making a noise in the front and the back the mechanic told me it the rearend and and posibally the transmission my loan was 13000 I figured after putting a new tranny and rearend in ill have close to what I paid for the vehicle you need stand behind your work and should replace the known causes of your failures to me in my mind this is a lemon since there is so many problems out there with your tranny and rearends you should be ashamed of your quote “Ford Tough” not really ohh is that why you guys didn’t need the “Bail Out” cuz you guys replace your good parts with junk?

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Did Ford provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Ford?

Compare Ford to Similar Cars more...

More Ford Complaints

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

Purchased a pre-owned certified 2013 Taurus with 23000 miles. The car has been in the shop more times than i made payments. From radio, front end and door handle with little help from dealer.

Customer Rating

2005 Ford Escape - The right rear inner wheel well has rusted so badly that the shock tower is resting on the hatch wall. Every time I go over a rough part of the road, there is a loud banging noise. Please do not say that Ford is not aware of this problem. The are hundreds of Escapes that have this problem. Most of us cannot afford the repair, and cannot afford a new car. Most of us still are paying on the car. How am I to pay for a repair that may or may not work that costs around 2K to repair? I have owned several Fords, and I am very disappointed in the lack of attention from Ford. My family and friends own other make cars that are older than mine, and have less rust on their car. Please step up to the plate and do something. More and more are talking about a lawsuit. I will jump on the lawyer train, but would prefer not to. Please be responsible. I am also preparing a flyer to put on every Ford Escape that I see. I am sure the news stations would be interested.

Customer Rating

I have 2010 limited expedition el have complained about the paint numerous times when car was serviced was told it would cost me. the vehicle looks bad,the running boards the tailgate and on the hood.

Customer Rating

I purchased my marquis new in 2006 as a 2005 leftover the car ran great until the warranty exspired then my air conditioner compressor went at 65k miles my transmission went both costly repairs now my headlights don't function properly they will go off without warning while driving at night im being told this is most likely the LCM another costly repair although I consider this a safety issue im 52 years old and have driven many cars since I first started driving 34 years ago and have never had do contend with this issue research on this matter reveals this is a common problem. this is not the first ford ive owned I also purchased a 1984ford f150 new and also had numerous problems with it both the engine and transmission needed to be replaced before 75k miles since I have always had the regular maintenance performed I must conclude one of two things first Im proned to bad luck when it comes to cars or trucks which I don't believe ive also owned 2000 chevy venture which I was satisfied with but had to get rid of once my children were grown ive owned saturns and a Pontiac grand am which was the best car ive ever owned by far 120k miles and only replaced the water pump now that I will be in the market to by another new car can you honestly exspect me to purchase another ford ??? the module on my grand marquis should be replaced at no cost to me since I pointed out THIS IS AS SAFETY ISSUE the module is either cheap and you are well aware it is prone to fail or you simply don't care everyone can understand that mechanical parts can fail its the action that the producer takes to satisfy its customers that counts realistically I don't exspect an answer to this issue my only recourse as a dissatisfied consumer is to not give any more of my hard earned money to ford and to finally like many americans purchase a foreign made vehicle thank you for reading this

Customer Rating

When turning the steering of my Ford Fiesta,there is a hammering sound and feeling on the steering wheel, i already took the car in 3times for the same problem and they just grease it but after a week a the same problem is still there it just got worse. we have other cars also from Ford,a Fiesta ambient and a Figo and none of them does it. I also test drive a Fiesta and there were no problem with it.I also drove a Ford Trend for a month and that car did not do it. When I took the car in for service to check the problem the technician told me that there is a fault on the steering column of the Fiesta's and head office told him to grease it. I explained to him that I never had problems with the other cars I drove. He said they can only grease it but the problem is still there after a week,the greasing is not the solution. please I want an explanation because I cannot drive the car like this. this is unacceptable

Customer Rating

i have a car ford feista no. HR60 D 0621 which met accident on 10 april. 2013. i file insurance claim with khushi ford, panipat. i show the damage to car which is visible to me to ashok kumar insurance head at kushi ford mobile no 9992844567. mr ashok kumar called me that your car is ready for delivery. i went at kushi ford on wednesday dated 24th april 2013.

i inspect the car and i found one tyre which get damaged during accident is not replaced. i asked for replacement of tyre. mr. ashok kumar replied that your insurance file has processed. we are not able to replace the tyre. this is the negligency of kushi ford which could not be able to show the total damage of car to the survayer.

please do take necessary action against the kushi ford.

Customer Rating

I bought a 2004 mustang in Toms River. I test drove the car and all was great. i came back at the end of the week to get the car and as i pulled away i noticed the brakes going to the floor. I drove home anyway and called ford two days later(i work long hours)Ford said to bring it in so i droped it off to the owners son, so i was told and the next day he said he took the car home that night and couldnt find anything wrong with it. I am not going to go on and on. Point is i picked up my car with cigarette burns on the carpet and a dent in the rear bumper.

My car had to go back three more times for the same thing and one off these time one of them hit a curb or something and bent my rim. They had to replace the front brakes twice and the rotors once, then after that the front end shook so bad, and they said the back tires needed to be alligned. It needed to get alligned because they hit a dam curb. these are very pricey rims and i should not have to replace it. I am down, one bumper, carpet and a rim and i have had the car one month. All this and it fails inspection after i said to look at it and make sure all is ok so i dont have to bring car back a fith time. It had seven codes.

No one bothered. My past three cars have had been fords and this is making me think to buy else where. I really hope this can be fixed. Thank you for all your help in this matter.

Customer Rating

I THOUGHT FORD BACK UP THEIR PRODUCT. I bought a new 2006 Explorer from Future Ford of Sacramento thinking that Ford backup their product and we are in good hands.

• In January of 2007, our vehicle had a major computer problem; it lost all powers while we were driving. We had to drive around with a computer attachment and wait for the electrical failure to happen again so the Service Department could figure out what was wrong. Thank goodness it was under warranty.

• With only 49,463 miles, in February of 2010 our transmission failed. Thank goodness it was under the extended warranty.

• With only 58,832 miles, in October of 2011 (20 months) our transmission failed again. We towed our Explorer to Future Ford of Roseville. We were told our warranty had expired and we have to pay to fix the transmission again.

We wrote to FORD Costumer Relationship Center believing that they will be supportive and they are going to honor and stand behind their products, they wrote: First, I would like to apologize on behalf of Ford Motor Company regarding your recent experience with your vehicle. Ford cares about each and every customer. It appears that a decision was already made and at this time, there is nothing we can do to overturn the previous decision that was done.

I apologize if my response is not favorable on your end. We hope that we might have the opportunity in the future to restore your confidence in our products and service. FORD should apologize to the American People for building such a defective and bad product and for not standing behind their own product knowing that it has many problems and for their trouble service.

It is a shame that this product is built in the United State of America. FORD will never restore our confidence in their product. I will share this drama with everyone I know so they can reevaluate their options before buying this product.

Customer Rating

in 2007 i leased a 2007 ford fusion new with 125 miles on it the brake sensor went out the themostat went out pocaro ford in racine replaced that and the next day the cars engine and transmission were junk pocaro had the car for over a month and was suppuse to put in a new transmission and engine when i got the car back it ran as if they didnt do anything to the car when i called pocaro and ford credit to complain they told me if the car doesnt run right just give it back all these problems with the car were before 45000 miles on it.

also ford credit sent me a letter voiding the warenty and making me pay double miles when i told them i didnt agree they repossed the car the car was such a lemon the dealer didnt want it so it ended up going to mayheim in chicago to get lemon laundered across state lines it was sold to a dealer in chicago for 8500 when blue book on it is 125000 when i called the dealer he said the lemon ford fusion was still on his lot and that ford never diclosed any problems with the car to the dealer.

ford should go buy its lemon fix or repair daily car back and give me refund for having to deal with this hunk of junk lemon car that was made in mexico and advertise as being american made ford should keep its lemon cars in mexico

Customer Rating

As of six months ago I purchased my first Ford F250 truck. To be honest I have to say I have never been more dissatisfied with the performance of this vehicle or quality of your customer service. This is a 2008 model; I bought this truck used with 52k miles on it. Since I've had it in the last six months I've spent well over $2000.00 dollars in repairs that were engineering defects that were not put on the recall list. Again, these problems were not due to age or wear and tear, they were engineering defects that were not resolved before leaving the assembly line.

Just today I spent over $600.00 getting the canister, solenoid, fuel cap and vent hose kit replaced. According to the local Ford dealership, my personal mechanic and the Ford Forum, this has been a reoccurring problem with Ford trucks where the canister becomes easily clogged from dust stopping up the canister and vent hose (because it's too short) and defecting the solenoid causing the check engine light to come on. In turn it takes me like 20 minutes to refuel my truck because the gas pump continually shuts off.

This is all due to a little dust. As I stated earlier I had to spend over $600.00 to get this fixed. When they mechanic fixed the problem he had to access an updated Ford memorandum on how to properly reinstall the parts differently than the way it came from the factory. THIS IS AN ENGINEERING DEFECT ON FORDS PART!!! The dealership told me they could not reimburse me because it was not on the recall list and they were waiting for so many complaints before it became a recall item.

All you have to do is read Ford forum, talk to local dealerships and consumers and you will find out very quickly this is an issue. There seems to be a lack of integrity on Fords part for making me pay for an engineering defect when it should have never been sold that way from the beginning. As I stated previously, I have spent well over $2000.00 on engineering defects for this truck. I should not have had to pay for one!

The name and quality of Ford is rapidly losing its reputation as a quality vehicle for obvious reasons. I for one will never buy another Ford vehicle unless they start owning up for their mistakes and paying for the problems that are reoccurring. I expect full compensation on my many repairs which I'm certain I'll never see due to the lack of integrity, pride and quality of your company. This is definitely demonstrates a lack of professionalism and integrity for the Ford name.

Customer Rating

I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus in July 2011. I am unable to get the radio station that I usually listen to which is FM 87.7 mind you I can get the radio station on my $20.00 radio I keep at my desk and I can get the radio statio on my wifes 20 year old Chey Cavalier but I'm being told by McCarthy Ford in Chicago on 115th Street and Pulaski where I purchased the vehicle that Ford "says" this is normal operation that that particular radio station FM 87.7 will not come in. Mind you I am also a former Ford employee. I am very upset and dissatisfied with ford.

Customer Rating

I would like to request ford to take off their commercial of the annoying young blonde mother
with the nasal tone. She is horrific and would turn me off on buying one of their products.
Please pass this message along to ford to pull the add.

Thanks,

Gary S.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by gary sczepanski on 03/12/2014 at IP address 99.103.81.39 using our na complaint form. This opinions contained in this na customer review titled, “removal of ford commercial” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I purchased a 2012 Ford Escape in the Fall of 2011 and in the Spring of 2012 I was told that i had some damage to the sidewall of one of my tires. In the Fall of 2012 i bought 4 snow tires and had them put on. In the Spring of this year i had the other tires put on but wanted to get a new tire to replace the damaged one.

I phoned them only to find out that my Platinum coverage that I bought for tires had expired, which is wrong, they should have put a new tire on in the Spring of 2012 because i had paid for that coverage. To add insult to injury they also told me that the tire Cross Trainer 225/65/17 had been discontinued.

Nels is the one who told me about the damage but didn’t say lets put a new one on because i had the coverage and now i have to go with a tire at my expense (I’m on a fixed income) that does not have the same tread but is real close. I am so upset that i have told people not to buy a vehicle and i have even mentioned not to buy any Ford products.

I can really see now how theses Dealerships can take advantage of people by not telling them certain things and let the coverage expire. I am complaining to you because they operates under your banner of Ford. I would like something done about this and would also like to hear from you in regards to this letter.

Customer Rating

I purchased a 2006 explorer in 2009 with 24360 miles in Feburary 2011 a toner ring went out on the right rear side—-34263 miles-even tho we were 1 month over the 5 years we were alomost 16000 under the 50000—-My service tech could not explain it tho it was possible a rock hit it and caused the break—we fix it 751.00—this year 2012 March 25th the same thing appeared to be happening again 11000 later —

My service teck was rulling out another toner –maybe a sensor—BUT to our suprise the toner ring and sensor when out on the left side—the ring was broke —came apart between the teeth—no teeth missing just snapped—-my service tech has never seen toner rings go out in such a newer vehicle–less alone 2 in 2 years–He checked to see if problems had been posted and found none. I have the ring and proof of replacing twice—

We have owned 2 ford explores previous about had approx 134000 miles before trading and never had this problem—all my service work has been done at a Ford Dealer ( Luther Ford, fargo ND—-please check to see if their has been any other reports—-you can call me at 701-282-5700 during the day

Customer Rating

I recently took my 2011 V6 Mustang in for a problem with the rear wheel making noise during braking. I took it to Clinton Family Ford in Rock Hill SC on Wednesday morning 11/16/11. I was told they were going to replace all the brake pads. They said the car would not be ready until Friday 11/18/11. Are you kidding me? When I asked why it would take so long they said the brake pads come from Memphis and they don’t keep them in stock. Same answer from Fort Mill Ford in SC. Seriously????????? Your dealerships don’t keep brake pads in stock? What about air filters, spark plugs, oil filters? What the hell. This is ridiculous.

I realize you have a system you use to determine what to keep in stock but this is ridiculous. Your system results in crappy customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Rating

I’m writing to you because I’m having a problem with the dealership and the car that I bought at the FORD Dear ship. I’m not happy about this at all! I bought a Lincoln Mkz 2011 FIVE Months ago, two Week ago the car begin to lose power. The fourth of October 2011 my wife had to go home on a family emergency, She kept complaining that the car kept loosing power.. Eleventh Oct. After the funeral, in Alabama. 915 miles away from Lawton ok. At 01:30 in the morning the car cut completely off on the HIWAY ! It took her 18 hours to get back to Lawton OK. The car kept cutting on and off.

When she got to Lawton I took the car to The ford Dealership on Tuesday, and I ask for a loner car and they could not get me one. I called and called Wednesday. I went of there and complained. I was then given the dealers JUNK car to use. Friday I went back up there and was given a 2010 SEL tarus. By another Advisor. I’m a disabled veteran and I’m paying all most $600:00 a month on that car. I have been lied to two many times by the service advisor about that Lincoln MKZ. I WAS TOLD THAT THE PART IS THERE! But the car is in the parking lot.

I’m not happy at all about this matter. I talked my wife into leaving the Nissans alone and go with an American car and this is what I get.
I want and need help on this matter.

Thank you Michaela.Love

Customer Rating

There is an intermittent noise inside the car. IT sounds like it is coming from the passenger side. IT is hard to explain the noise but I think it is similar to a fan whurring noise. Ford has not heard the noise so they have not fixed it. Three weeks ago the car stopped running. The car was towed to the nearest Ford dealer. The problem had something to do with the transmission. IT took the dealer a few days to get the part. Yesterday my wife could not stop the car. NO brakes. Almost had an accident. She got the car home and called the dealer. They can not look at it until next week. My wife no longer trusts this car.

Customer Rating

I own a 2004 Ford F-250 with about 41,000 miles on it, (I mention the mileage, because, at this mileage I shouldn’t have the following problems). Recently I found out through Saret Ford that I have a broken oil dipstick tube, and it will cost me $2000.00, plus, to get it fixed. The exhaust manifold has to be removed as well as the oil pan to get access to the dipstick tube. The mecahnic at Saret Ford explained that since the manifold factory bolts are so rusted beyond normal removal that all the studs have to be broken, the broken studs, one by one, removed out of the engine head, and the manifold removed and replaced with a new one.

I was also told that the other manifold should be changed because the studs rust away and the manifold will either create leaks and/or eventually break away altogether. I ask you, is this “Ford Tough” part of my truck?? Because of the extreme workscope and expense to me to have my “truck back,” I’m officially asking for Ford to pay for this repair, including the other manifold. You have to admit, this is a huge slap to my wallet, because, in my view, Ford decided to allow foreign junk metal to be part of these trucks. So, I’m asking, (from a die hard Ford man, can you please help me out??

Customer Rating

i bought a 2007 Escape from a second hand dealership..the kms were 79000….i was told fords warranty was 100 000 km or 5 years…2 months after i paid 16000 for the peice of crap i had transmission problems…Ford in grand-falls nfld says i dont know the history of the vechile therefore they voided my warranty…i dealt with a moron of a salesperson who was very rude…i left with my vechile and now they claim i owe them 3 hours labor..even though cabot Ford in st. johns nfld told me what the problem was in 15 min it took grandfalls 3 hours….how stupid do tose rip-offs think i am??.i had the transmission rebuilt for 1400.00.

i am sending letters to the head ford ofice and any where else i need to in order to voice my opinion….I will never again be a ford customer..they are not true to their warrantys….any one know whwere else i can send a complaint??

Contact the Ford Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Ford. What is their corporate mailing address?

1 American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126
  • I want to call the Ford customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

313-322-3000
  • I need to visit the Ford company website. What is their website address?