Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Feb 16, 2015
Poor

BMW USA has acknowledged the early model R56 Mini Cooper have " high pressure fuel pump problem" by extended the warranty for replacement. However Australia BMW ignore and refuse to fix it. they want to charge $1400 to replace the fuel pump and also do a complete carbon clean for the engine cost $4000.

Below Is the link to the letter issued by mini USA.

Have you had problems with BMW?

Compare BMW to Similar Cars more...

Top 39 Reviews about BMW

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a BMW customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

BMW 1251 Convertible UL92 (Chassis no. WBAUL92040VG73919 / Engine no. 76284465)

I bought this car new in 2009 and serviced it the same as I always have at the BMW dealer Auric Auto in Claremont, Cape Town. Last week, I went to BMW dealer to check why the right side tail light wasn't working. I left the car at the workshop and two hours later was told me that the problem was rather the "tail light assembly" faulty which had to be replaced.

I find this very strange that a unit that doesn't get touched in maintenance routines does stopped functioning! I understand that bulbs get replaced but the assembly itself...this is the first for me and after having a number of cars before, never had such a situation occurred. Which leads me to believe that it can be only the unit was faulty on its nature from manufacture and I feel it should be BMW to rectify it. Upon payment of the bill, I did ask for the "old' unit and was also told that it had to be sent to BMW for diagnosis.

Poor

I keep hearing about the excellent service that I will be getting with BMW. I have just purchased a 4 series last month, and have been trying to call the toll free number. It rings out but no one ever answers. A very bad start to my relationship with BMW (waiting on hold for customer support hotline).

Horrible

I bought new 2015 BMW 740 LI (WBAYE4106FD805526) from BMW dealer in the Sultanate of Oman on 20 March 2015. After couple of days, I found that color of the rear right door is slightly different than the color of rest of the car. I put up the matter with the concerned authorities in the agency. The response was very negligent and they misguided me saying it is due to the type of dye from the factory itself. If, I take that the right explanation, then why it is not applied on the left side of the car door or rest of the car area?

Horrible

I got a BMW 528XI pre-owned from BMW Freeport NY on Nov.2, 2011. I made a contract BMW Maintenance program Upgrade Agreement for 48 month. I made an appointment for maintenance and oil change on 04/27/2015. I brought the car to BMW service center today (04/27/2015). But the service advisor refused to take my car for service. He claimed that my warranty expired.

However, according to the agreement with BMW and myself, the warranty expired only Nov.1, 2015. I have that agreement paper with me. When I got home, I call and inform them. But no one contacted me, so please take appropriate action to resolve the problem.

Bad

Please stop your add campaign that mocks the suffering of families dealing with the pain of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. Please inform the little genius that thinks this disease is funny that there are thousands of us out here that get angry every time we see their insensitive ad. BMW needs to take note that a lot of us that are 50+ years old are not amused by your companies obvious lack of concern about one of the worlds' fastest growing health problems. Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.

Bad

I leased a 2014 BMW for $344/month. The Ad said it was leasing for $229/month. Sales person said this did not apply to Orr BMW dealership WHEN I ASKED ABOUT AD. Tim (?), manager, told me it did apply to Orr dealership, and that's why I should have jumped and screamed BEFORE signing papers. It's not my fault the salesman was dishonest. Tim said he would check into this and get back with me, for me to only discuss this with him. Have not heard from Tim. Tim admitted that I should not be paying more than the advertised lease price but does not know how to handle the situation. He said he was going to contact BMW Corporate and get back with me, but I haven't heard from him. I am not happy with BMW dealership right now!!

Bad

My radio in my 2013 BMW plays for a few minutes then stays off for a few minutes. The station can not be changed or play the satellite radio. I call the dealership and have to take it in for them to check it out. While there, I found out there is a notification that there is a problem with the x drive causing the problem. I was told that day the radio would have to be replaced and new one was ordered for my car. Well, that was on February 5, 2015 and to date NO radio. I have called the dealership several times and have been told that they will call me when it comes in. Also, it can take up to 6 months for the radio to come in, so it may be August before I get a new radio.....WTH??? This is my first BMW, and its been a car that I have always wanted since I was 16. I thought with it being a BMW things would definitely be replaced faster and go smoother...I can't help but wonder if anything else needs repairing/replacing how long will that take to be corrected. I feel like going back to American made; at least I feel be able to get parts in a timely manner.

Bad

Bought used 2013 535i on 3/28/15.dealership agreed to swap wheels from my 2011 5281 to purchased car. Immediately had tire monitoring light state unable to monitor system. Notified dealership on way home and sales person stated he would look into it. Many days later heard from service person from dealership, "I think its a senor problem, I will speak to sales mgr and get back to you. 2 weeks later no call, I called repeatedly and was told problem was being addressed. 1 week later after 3 followup calls I am told that the tire swap was for wheels only and sensor problem is up to me to resolve.Contacted general mgr "Jack". Can't due anything now and will call you back soon. This is my 4th BMW, never had this frustration presented before. Hope you can help deal with this, thanks

Bad

March 17 2015, BMW aired a TV commercial that depicted a black African American couple driving a BMW and the couple appeared lost. The black.African American.couple looked at a white woman standing in.front of a would be bed and breakfast establishment, then the black African American couple commented about how crazy the white woman looked and then sped away in fright driving a BMW. Thus giving the false pretense that black African Americans think white women look crazy. Myself being a white male of German and Irish heritage found the TV commercial very offensive and should be removed from TV.

Poor

Let me for a start introduce myself. My name is Ahmed Al-Toukhi a Saudi national living in the capital, Riyadh. About 8 months ago, I purchased a used BMW (335I) 2008 model fully loaded from a friend of mine. The car was in an excellent shape and has been regularly marinated at the local BMW dealer (Alnagi motors). Since I bought the car, I truly enjoyed how it drives and how it performs. Truly speaking, this is one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Now, allow me to explain to you how miserable I have been since I sent the car to Alnagi’s workshop asking them to check why the car have suddenly started shaking and how the engine sounded funny among other things. This was close to a month ago and the story begins. At first and after about two weeks, I was asked to pick up the car. When I drove the car out of the workshop, it appeared like nothing was fixed.

Two weeks later, I sent the car yet once again to the workshop where it stayed for a whole month after which I went to follow up and check and to my surprise; the car had been involved in an accident while at the workshop. We were astonished and totally mad. How could this happen and how come no one bothered to inform us! According to Alnagi, the car was undergoing a test drive during which the person who was driving it got into an accident damaging the left rear of the car. The logical thing to do as an owner is to ask to be compensated be it financially or given me options to choose from.

To make a long story short, the car is now still at the workshop and yet once again to our surprise, it’s being fixed without our permission. That day, the regional manager offered to purchase the car at 150,000 SR and asked us to go the used car show room to complete the paper work. While there, the person at the showroom claimed that he heard nothing of what was agreed between us and the regional manager and said that the car’s value is lower than the 150,000SR and we should sit and negotiate a deal. This is not what we were told and left the car in vain.

Meanwhile, today we received a call telling us that the car is done and we can come pick it up!! I could give you more details on various discussions we had with Alnagi but fear to bore you. I’m sending you this email seeking for your intervention to get this matter resolved once and for all. I was planning to file a law suit against Alnagi motors but thought I give this a try hoping that it will result in putting an end to this frustrating experience.

Note: We had already contacted Germany and they refereed us to BMW middle east but we were not able to get a hold of anyone.
Best Regards,

Horrible

My Window glass got stuck in my 2008 BMW 328XI. I read lot of feedback from people online on Bimmerfest.com and most of the people say it is regulator. My BMW went out of Warranty in Dec 2011 and I got this issue right now. I was wondering if this is a common issue, did BMW idenitfy this as a project for concurrent improvement and was there a resolution in place in tems of service letter then I can take advantage of. I am really surprised this happened on parts that should have been tested for 100,000 cyles as a part of validation plans in new product development cycle. Can you help me understand this issue better, where I may end up paying a dealer over $600 for a mere window getting stuck.

Thanks
Pawan Arora

Poor

I Bought this car (BMW 320i) early January 2012, ever since taking delivery of this car it has given me countless problems, it has been booked in several times back to Zambesi Auto BMW Dealer, and still come back either with the same problem and or as I was told even new problems where discovered, its now April going to May and I still don't have the car in my possession as I am still paying for it every month, car was booked in again in March for the same problem.

Which I was told there was a back log on the part which was ordered for it, initially was told it was going to take about 14 day to have that part delivered, of which I estimated about 18 days for it be ready and fixed, of which was NOT the case, as now the was apparently something else wrong with the car- front lights, then now the radio is now not working, bottom line is I bought a car which I am not driving but I am paying for.

Clearly this is not acceptable I feel I am within my right to have to have this car send back and my money given back to me. as obviously it seems I bought a car which was not in a state/condition to being sold to anyone.

Poor

First and foremost I wish to express deepest disappointment over the reliability of BMW cars. I brought a fully imported model 523 I RLA from our local authorized dealer in Malaysia Tian Siang Motor in May 2010 and having this car is the biggest mistake I have ever made.

This car has been giving me problem after problem since the first day the car was released to me. I have been going back to the dealer questioning why my car was jerking when the auto transmission shifted gear but they could not rectify the problem for me until they requested me to get use to the jerking. Finally I gave up but that is not all.

On 2nd of February 2012, I drove my BMW out to have dinner with my close friend who is driving a Mercedes Benz. However is was raining after dinner and both of us decided to go homes. We got into our cars and his car was in front of mine.

When we reached a puddle of water which is not even a feet, my friend’s Mercedes went through smoothly and when I go through the puddle of water, my car stalled. It caused such a havoc for me as I have to wait for 3 hours for my car to be towed back to the work shop which is less than 10KM from where my car was stalled.

Few day later after checking on, the authorized workshop informed me that my car’s repair will cost me about RM38 thousands. This is a ridiculous amount and I was thinking to myself, for just crossing a puddle of water which is not even a feet and I have to paid RM38 thousands.

With the iceberg melting and global warming, it has been raining daily without failed in Malaysia and for every time I go out, I have to pay RM38 thousand. The other alternative is that I cannot go out with my BMW when it is raining and I have stupidly paid RM400 thousands for a car to be kept in the house. WHAT A BIG JOKE.

Furthermore it has developed a phobia in me as I am terrified when I use my BMW as it will cost me a bomb anytime and anywhere.

But again that is not all as after the car was repair and was released to me, one fine day (after 2 weeks) the authorized dealer called me to bring my car to the Ministry of Transportation to conduct an inspection and re –register my engine number again.

That mean to say that the authorized dealer has changes my engine block for crossing a puddle of water that is not even a feet. The worse is I have been driving my car for 2 weeks without being insured (Malaysian Law – car engine number must be registered in the Car registration Card) and if the car engine number is differ no insurance claim will be entertain in the event of an accident.

Furthermore, I have been stupidly driving the car for 2 weeks and if in the event that there is a road block and I might be prosecuted for a stolen car and may be imprisonment.

The car has created a lot of problem for me as I have not only lost my confidence and trust but also I have lost the followings :-

 Lost of usage of car for about a month
 Lost of reputation (lost of face in front of my business friend)
 Phobia in driving the car again (especially when it is raining)
 Expose to the risk of unprotected insurance claim (Insurance company will not cover if engine number is different from registration card).
 Expose to the risk of being imprisonment because of engine number is different from registration card. I may be accused of driving a stolen car.
 Causes me to pay so much for crossing a puddle of water.
 Unethical of your appointed workshop in simply changing parts and charge me a huge amount of money to gain their profit.
 Failure of your appointed workshop to adhere to the proper documentation procedures for changing of engine block which may put me at risk of imprisonment.

Sir, as a Director of such a reputable company, I personally think that you need to be more selective in your appointment and award of dealership and I think that Tian Siang is not close enough to give an impact to other car i.e.

Mercedes and VW in Malaysia as their after sales service is terrible and un ethical as they need to be more professional in handling such case. I never mean to be rude but I will not hesitate to approach the press to express my dissatisfaction over the reliability of the car.

Can I proudly say that I owned a BMW now??? (which I would very much like to say)

Please revert whether if this incident is justifiable.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Daniel Naik

Poor

Below Is the link to the letter issued by mini USA.

Horrible

Dear Sir, Subject: Heavy expenditure on my BMW CH 04 C0051 repairs with following details. Make-BMW,Model-CKD525d Sedan, Engine No.23246608,VIN-WBANX5030CY95177

I bought BMW Series-5 sedan in the year OCT’07 from Krishna Automobiles, Chandigarh(India) and little did I knew that I would be repenting my proud purchase so soon.

I also own one Merceded E-Class and one Audie-A6.Ever since the purchase I have been getting the service & repairs from the authorized show room i.e.M/s Krishna Automobiles only.

In the month of Feb’12,car had a problem and I had to shell out a whooping amount of Rs.1,20,000 on its repair. In the month of April’12 on 11/04.12 the car was sent for servicing and again Rs, 29,682/-was the bill having Invoice No.SIP120077.

Hardly a fortnight had passed that on 26th April’12 the car developed a major snag of steering jamming while it was moving and with lot of difficulty an accident was avoided otherwise it would have been a horrifying accident with my mother inside.

It certainly is an irony that after spending nearly 45-50Lac on a car of the BMW reputation it is unheard that this car would develop a snag of Jammed steering which is very horrifying. I think I have really made a mistake by going in for BMW and I am totally disillusioned. I had to spend another 61000/- on getting the steering repaired.

I would like to know if you people can do something for such high repairs ,faults and the latest one is catastrophic and not heard of. Here I would like to know at the onset how do you decide to compensate me for the huge expenditure incurred on my car. You can check the repairs undertaken on my car by taking out the History Card from your system.

Unless I hear from you people very soon I would have no option left but to go to Consumer court for the recurring problem being faced by me apart from the drain on my pocket which till date from Jan’12 to April’12 has come to approx.2,80,000/-in the last 3 months only and not counting the cost of the repairs before that.

Hoping to hear soon from your end with a Concrete plan/Compensation to address problem with my car which I am beginning to believe that it is a case of Manufacturing Defect in this piece .Starting from the tyre burst to AC getting ineffective initially to some funny sounds from the front grill to the Rubber of the front & back wind screen getting eroded and rain water dripping inside and which is totally unheard off.

It is a total manufacturing defect and has proved to the worst decision in my life to think of buying a BMW . I would not suggest to any of my friends or to any of my relatives to go in for this reputed car of German make.

Anil Verma

Poor

This is in reference that my Car BMW X3 Reg. No. RJ 23 CA 0003 was traveling in rain and suddenly the car broke down due to water being sucked by the engine. Then we called the service centre and after 3 hour they responded us back by sending the representative and the crane to pick the car to Sanghi’s workshop Jaipur on dated 7th Aug. 2013 and till date they have not yet repaired or given any response regarding the car delivery and now they are saying that due to non availability of some parts they will take atleast 15-20 days more.

AS we have purchased a renowned brand car we expect the car and its services to be prompt and of higher standards but the type of your response we are completely unsatisfied as if you will take atleast one month to render your services just to repair small problems in the car then how will we continue belief in your services which you assured during the purchase of the car.

Hello

I purchased a certified 2009 328xi last April 2012.

When I purchased the car, i was explained about the benefits of purchasing a certified vehicle.

One thing that was explained to me is that in order to certify a car, certain minimum limits must be met, such as the break discs and pads must have a minimum left, and so do the tires.

Last week i went to put back the summer tires. The tires were the ones that came with the car the day i purchased it.
To my surprise, 2 out of the 4 tires were completely slick on the inside of the tires (one almost had its wires coming out). The other 2 tires were worn evenly but not much tread was left on them. I had no other choice but to purchase 4 new tires.

My concern is the following:
1- if the tires on the car were not new (as i was told), why was i even allowed to leave the lot with worn out (slick) tires which could have posed a serious safety concern?
2- if the tires were new, i must have been sold a car with severe alignment issues.

But the tires could not have been new because there is no way to do that kind of damage to new tires in less than 6 months (approx. 7000km driven at the time).

Please give me a feedback on this situation. I have tried to get in touch with the dealer at BMW West Island but so far it has been a dead end.

Amir Jalini

Bad

I had purchased BMW LI 750 - 2013 model WBAYE8104DD145717, I am facing a big problems with every 50 km the Radar is going off because of thet I had made almost 3 times accident by luck I had escaped from the accident but luck will not save me always and Indicators also not working properly when I went to your distributor in Dammam and explained my problems, they didn't respond me well and not able to find a solution of my problems. I have already 2 BMW's but with this model I am totally unsatisfied, either you informed your distributor in Saudi Arabia Dammam, to rectify all my problems, otherwise please return my money, I don't want to go every time for repair, I am very busy person I don't have time for all these thing.

Your immediate action and favorable response in this regard will be highly appreciated

Horrible

Dear BMW Team,  purchased a BMW-520 D (Reg.nos.RJ-14-CT-0555) series from Sanghi Classic (BMW showroom) at Jaipur on 03/07/2012. Now its total running kilometer is just nearby 10000 km till date.

Here I are writing to know you that Recently last Friday I was going to New Delhi for Business meeting. Unfortunately At Daruweda near New Delhi on National Highway my Car pitched through a PIT all of sudden I found that my Right side wheels (Rear and Front) went burst and RIM got bend due to that Car didn’t running properly while passing through a soft drive over it-

Just on slow speed, Then it was not in the condition to drive more as it was trembling worst and very risky to travel. We parked aside and Inform to BMW Customer support team and they assured that they would reach with us in an hour. However, after waiting till 3 hours they came with Crane and rushed towards their workshop at Gurgaon (Bird Automotive).

We really thank to God we are safe, the thing which has occurred due to defective accessories may be serious accident could happened.

They were supposed to delivery my vehicle at my New Delhi address as I was continuously checking the status with them and they said it will get delivery to me next day (Saturday) as they need to do many formalities to process the things for repairing my vehicle. They never think to inform me the status of my vehicle then I had to personally phone to enquire on my second attempt in following morning, they advised to provide some documents while wasting my complete day.

Nevertheless I provided all documents to them but there excuses didn’t come less and finding undue lacks in documentations instead to delivery my vehicle. I phoned 15 times that day, each time promised by Mr.Ritesh (and others) that they’d phone me back instantly but no one contacted me in evening there nos. were switched off. Today (Tuesday) I get intimation from BMW team with saying that half of the parts has been passed by the Surveyor and they still need 2 days more.

We are really annoyed to seeing the services from BMW as till date they didn’t think to give me the delivery of vehicle. Nor Even any status to update when they will deliver my Car to me. I have to stay in New Delhi on Monday and I spent Rs.20000/- for Taxi charges and additionally my Hotel Charges for Two days Rs.15000/- in New Delhi The question is to be asked who will bear such charges and my time too.

My experience about BMW has been worst with receipt of such services; I am having one more BMW 330 D if such thing I came to know than surely would not make mistake to be the part of BMW family.

We have an Audi for the last 3 years and their Customer service part having more professional level and understand to Client Satisfaction.
To be honest the simple thought of EVER having to address BMW in a whole puts a hollow feeling in my mind, as BMW themselves really would not give any evident from their lack of response to my entire experience. Because of the combined unprofessional service level, laid back attitude and disregard for client satisfaction.

Kindly look in to this matter and let us know when we will be able to get our vehicle back from BMW to Jaipur.

Best Regards
Aryan

Bad

I am a Professor in Faculty of Dentistry Cairo University , I had 523 2009 BMW , its kilometrage is 53000 kilometers, i always did my service regularly in the dealership at due time , I have always been a BMW customer as I had the BMW 3 series for 5 years before buying my new 5 series car .
There is a strange story that occurred few days when I went to my work at speed 140 km suddenly the car reduced speed to 100 km then appear in screen transmission faulty drive moderately continue your trip and contact BMW service, actually I contacted the dealer ship second day. After he looks for the car he said no problem with the car just it is transient problem so go safe don’t worry.
After just one week later the same sign appear again and I contact them again they told me you must leave your car for a while to check it again, after 5 days they contact me and they told me that the transmission gear must be completely replaced and they will contact the mother company in Germany to discuss this issue, I was very disappointed as such a serious and big problem should not occur in such a well known heavy duty car!!!!! Then the company replied after that you must pay 30% of the gear parts and 100% of the service, so when i ask some of my friends who are driving a Mercedes and Audi cars they told me that their companies replaced this part by 100% with service so i want to have the same deal as my car is a considered an expensive car still in 53000 km and the problem is from manufacture not from use and regarding the harm on me as the car was broken in such bad weather conditions .

Contact the BMW Complaint Department