Anthem Customer Service

Contact Anthem Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-866-723-0515

Anthem (www.anthem.com) is an American health insurance company and the largest ‘for profit’ company in the Blue Cross Blue Shield network. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:ANTM. Anthem employs over 37,000 people and in 2012 reported net income of US 2.6 billion.

If you have a problem with your Anthem policy, you will ultimately need to log in here, you may also find a list with email care or phone numbers and addresses to mail concerns. You may also send postal correspondence to the CEO, Joseph R. Swedish and mail to the Anthem corporate office at 120 Monument Circle, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Helpful phone numbers are: vision 1-866-723-0515; dental 1-888-209-7852 and pharmacy 1-800-700-2533.

Founded in 1940 as Mutual Hospital Insurance in Indianapolis, the company name was changed to Wellpoint, Inc. and then in 2014 a company name change to Anthem. In February 2015 it was disclosed that criminal hackers had compromised personal information for over 37 million clients. USA Today reported that medical and financial records were not compromised. Social media presence for Anthem may be found on Facebook and Twitter.

Anthem Contact Information

• Anthem headquarters address

• 120 Monument Circle
    • Indianapolis
    • IL 46204

1-866-723-0515

Browse reviews of other Health Insurance

Top Anthem Complaints

Technology team does not want to deal with tickets . I opened ticket 3 times for the past 6 month to address the issue with viewing the claim and every time ticket get closed without sending any emails or correspondence . I worked in technology for 20 years and never could get away with such poor customer service and its sad to see that simple things can not be done .

I received 4 letters dated the same date 12/12. One letter said Anthem needed time to review request and didn't have enough info and were asking my provider for clinical information to decide if medication is medically necessary. The next letter {again dated 12/12} said request for drug Remicade is denied. A day or two later received TWO letters {exactly the same} AGAIN dated 12/12 saying the medication is covered. First it was stressful to me that the medication was denied, second the postage and letters were a waste of money and all this makes me wonder if anyone knows in this organization knows what the other is doing. No wonder insurance is so high if this is what goes on every day.

I was put on a new policy due to my husband being eligible for medicare. I had already met my deductible for the year.My deductible should have been transferred to my new policy.It hasn't been yet after calling them twice.I need my medication filled.Now they told me to call for an override for my medication.Its been since the beginning of November.

My policy was canceled a few days before it was even due the next month. I did not receive a phone call prior to cancellation or anything. Five days after the cancellation, that I knew nothing about, I had a very expensive test done and because of anthem I now have to spend over $2,000 and out of pocket. I called the company and they were not helpful at all. I just don't understand how I can be canceled May 1, 2015 when my last payment was April 7, 2015. A few days late, but not worthy of a cancel. I have been a member with anthem for 30 years and I am not now. I went on my husband's insurance on June 1, 2015, I even called Anthem to let them know this and everything seem to have been fine until I got the $2000 bill in the mail. Next stop a complaint letter to the Anthem corporate offices!

My previous health insurance provider disappointed me for not attending my claims on time and I have paid a large amount for my medical treatment. Anthem has given me the trust and assurance in managing my medical expenses with their loyal hospitality. It's really a wonderful experience and thanks to Anthem for the great help on time. Anthem is the best health insurance provider with 24/7 customer support round the year. It covers Dental,vision,Family Health Plans, Medicare,Medicaid and Individual plans. You can save money, access to your claim account online at anytime. Anthem gives quality coverage , health screenings, easy claim processing and flexible plans.

Have feedback for Anthem?