AARP Customer Service

Contact AARP Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-888-OUR-AARP

AARP is a nonprofit social welfare organization that aims at empowering people in health care, employment and income security and protection from financial abuse. AARP ensures to enhance the quality of life for people who retire on important issues like retirement savings efforts to help everyone achieve lifetime financial security, affordable and appropriate housing facility, healthcare etc.

The AARP CEO is Jo Ann Jenkins and Lawrence Flanagan is the President and CEO, AARP Services Inc. If you have a complaint, the toll-free nationwide number is 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277). You can also contact customer service by dialing 1-877-434-7598 or use the dedicated spanish hotline at 1-877-342-2277.

The company even has a dedicated line for international calls: +1-202-434-3525. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. through 11 p.m. ET. The best support email address is member@aarp.org. You can also contact the corporate office at their address AARP 601 E Street, NW Washington DC 20049.

AARP has wide range of services that they are into. Common issues with the company usually involve health insurance, health essentials, health products and care providing facilities, job hunting search tools etc that make an individual survive in a much more dignified manner."

AARP Contact Information

1-888-OUR-AARP

Monday to Friday, 7am-11pm ET

Browse reviews of other Health Insurance

Top AARP Complaints

Insured: Jane Brand DOB: 1-11-59.
Claim : LC-693400

My complaint is with New York Life. I am the beneficiary for her Life Insurance . I called today and spoke to a representative who stated that it was
still under review. It has been under review for 10 weeks. This claim is incontestable, as the policy was over two years.
New York Life received the death certificate / claim on January 20th.( Postal Certification)
I finally received a letter dated Feb 5th they had received the death certificate, and claim.
I received a letter dated March 21st stating the claim is still under review.
Today I call ( April 13th ) and the claim is still under review. I asked for a time frame and was provided none. At some point there should be a
finality to this process -one way or another.
I am requesting assistance by setting an escalation.
Sydnee Petersen ( Beneficiary )
Note: As their provider you need hold New York Life more accountable for their business practice, as it is a reflection on AARP.

To the CEO and Executive Team,
On Dec. 8, 2017 I tried to apply for a life time membership which tied up my checking account of $400 for 4 business days. I then tried to use my credit card from the same bank. Now I have $600 tied up with AARP, my credit card granted authorization, but it was never taking out by AARP. On Dec. 13, 2017 about 1730 EST, I asked to talk to a supervisor which was a woman named Anita, I explained to her that I talked to my bank and they stated that the funds were authorized. I had to repeat myself over and over and asked to talk to another supervisor, she refused to let me talk to another supervisor. When I asked her to tell me her name and employee number, she only would give me her name and refused to give me her employee number. I want to become a life time member, but if I your employee/supervisor is going to be disrespectful to me I will take my business elsewhere. I'm a disable veteran and don't need this kind of service !! I hope this matter can be handle in a professional manner and we can still do business, but if you don't just let me know. Thank you and I hope this matter can be taking care of soon.

I've made a phone complaint about purchase #58164849 & 64488139, now I'd like to add #66005009. All have to do with the re-manufactured starters supplied by MPA (Motor Car Parts of America) Each failed, the latter within 4 hours of installation. Each has cost me a tow, and mechanics charge. In addition and because my vehicle could not be used, I had to pay others to take me to Doctors appointments and food shopping. I live in a rural area, so bus and taxi are not available. Thankfully I had no emergencies. However not having the ability to go to Church, visit friends, and miss out on opportunities I enjoy has caused me unnecessary stress.

I even had to hire others to take me to the pharmacy to pick up my medicines, of which the heart meds are critical. While AARP made the effort to give me Perk rewards, I've no use for them, I'm not a mechanic and my auto parts needs are minimal at best. The frustration with such blatantly inferior parts and out of pocket expenses for a retiree is huge. Available starters of this nature need to be removed from AARP stocks and listed as temporarily out of stock, to offer any of these to customers is likely causing similar problems and expenses.

The stay at Comfort Inn in Booneville, MO Sept. 24th was very pleasant. But, the complaint is as follows. No discounts were allowed because of it being a busy, booked up week-end due to college football games in the area. My sons state trooper discount was not allowed for their room and my AARP discount was not allowed. Therefore, our rooms cost $169.49 instead of the usual charge. We have stayed in your motels for many years and feel that this should not have happened this week-end. One room was in my name and the other room was in Kendall Hampton's name. If you can do anything, please let me know.

When I try to book online the only senior rate listed is for AARP. Then when I don't want to give my AARP # because it 'shares' it, I cannot proceed. So bottom line, I cannot get a senior rate unless I have an AARP card and I share my information. I consider that an invasion of my privacy and discrimination against anyone who doesn't belong to AARP. Also, the rate on line was $132. But calling the hotel it's $132.05. What's with that?

Made and paid in advance for a reservation for my daughter and son-in-law at a location in Oxnard for 3 nights April 22-25. I had previously reserved 2 room in October for their wedding with no problems. This reservation was under the name Kennedy. They found out that the pool was not working - they had invited my 3 year old granddaughter to come over to use the new water wing accessory they had bought.

They are all from out of state. My daughter was told that I was informed about the swimming pool which is a big lie! I wouldn't have booked the room. I am asking for at least $100 refund or a future credit at any Hampton Inn. I am a Travel Agent - IATA 05814384 and work with the AARP and will write a negative report to Trip Adviser which I use a lot for recommendations if my request is not granted. I went over to the hotel today but they would not do anything.

February 8,2016 I called AARP at 1-888-687-2277 requesting online auto insurance "quote" only. On February 9, 2016 AARP electronically STOLE $16 from my bank account claiming it was for a membership. A membership I did not request or agree with. Everything time I contacted AARP to recover my money I was lied to, yelled and screamed at, and called filthy names by AARP representatives and customer service employees. On February 10, 2016 I called AARP to request information about my money that THEY had stolen from my bank account and again I was extremely verbally assaulted by an AARP manager yelling, screaming filthy names towards me.

I reserved an intermediate size vehicle on 10/22/15 online, for pick up at Hertz Muncie, IN on 10/23 and return on 10/31. I choose the intermediate size vehicle because I was taking a total of 5 adults to Denver, Co and back. I arrived to pick up this vehicle and was met by a VERY RUDE young man at the Hertz counter. When he gave me the keys to a Chevy Sonic, I asked if he had any other cars that would fit 5 adults, as the Sonic will not. I was told "Today the Sonic is an intermediate size car, take it or go somewhere else". I gave him my license and credit card and then my AARP member card, at which time I was told " We don't take that stuff today, I'm too busy" When I asked what he meant, he replied " take that AARP card and put it back in your wallet, I don't have the time to mess with it today" He would not check the vehicle for damages as he was too busy. This car was very dirty, I cleaned the windows before I could leave the lot. This young man needs to learn what CUSTOMER SERVICE means. AARP has been notified that this Hertz location refused to honor an AARP member. I own a not for profit company, and I know that one bad apple can ruin the whole company, This RUDE employee has lost your company business, not just mine, but everyone I come in contact with. I am waiting on a reply from AARP, as to why they advertise that Hertz gives a discount to AARP members, just not in Muncie, IN.

We frequently eat at the Atwater CA restaurant. Usually everybody is very polite and the food is always very good. I am a 74 year old senior citizen and do use my AARP discount card. I would say it is a strong reason why we go to Denny's, not just in Atwater but across the country when we travel. This morning after eating breakfast I presented my AARP card along with the bill and sufficient cash to cover the bill to the cashier. The cashier set the AARP card on the counter, rung up the bill and said, Oh I'm sorry I forgot to swipe your AARP card so I can't give you a discount. She insisted there was nothing she could do. I asked to see the manager. A lady came out and started seating people. I did not realize she was the manager but when the cashier returned I asked her if the manager could help and she pointed to the lady and said she's the manager. I asked her if she was going to help me and she said there was nothing she could do. That's just the way the system works. Wasn't much of an answer and she certainly didn't appear apologetic about the situation. I'm not asking you for anything, just want to let you know, if this is your policy it's not a very good one.

I am a member of the AARP and used my discount to recently buy a vehicle. There were problems, and here is what happened. I bought a 2010 Buick from Heritage Chevrolet-Buick,11234 Reisterstown Road, Owings Mills Md. 21117. They refused to honor my warranty for a transmission repair even though I had documented my complaint through the BBB and the AARP on four occasions. They then told me that if I didn't pay for the repair they would charge me $500 to have my car returned. That seems like extortion to me. How can I warn others about this horrible dealership? It will start with this complaint but I will continue to share my story online. I am presently out $500 that should have been fully covered under warranty.

AARP has given me a some great work offers after my retirement. Life doesn't end at 50, this is what AARP believes in and encourages senior citizens like me to continue working as long as we have the energy to do so. I am a member of AARP and with the benefits like life insurance coverage, discounts on few online websites,gadgets,discounted rates on airfare,car rentals etc. They offer many good deals for members and I have saved money using their membership offers. Elderly people who are looking out for a comfortable,affordable lifestyle after retirement should opt for AARP to make life convenient.

Have feedback for AARP?