Woolworths Complaints Continued... (Page 7)

689+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Woolworths corporate: 1-800-638-434

in December, just before Christmas, i was given a voucher to buy some new clothes. i bought 3 shirts. all three shirts have holes in the same place. initially i thought it was fish moths and i fumigated as well as put moth balls in my cupboard but nothing changed. i also noticed not one other item of clothing had been affected, only the 3 shirts from woolworths. i have taken photos and will send them in with pleasure. you are also welcome to send an agent to my house to see the shirts and inspect all other items of clothing to prove my point. this is obviously a problem with woolworths clothing and after spending R1000 on 3 Shirts i would like something done about it.

I have been buying the triple decker chocolate dessert since Woolworths starting putting it out on the shelves. Lately I've been noticing that the "chocolate ganache" gets spreaded around to create the impression that it makes out a whole layer... after proper inspection... that's not the case. I have tried and tested this... its a fact .. take the thing apart and you won't find any ganache in the middle. White chocolate is also mentioned on the description of the packaging. Nope.. sorry.. that's just cream you're looking at. Lots of chocolate mousse, cream and a little of the cake at the bottom. Looking at this dessert from the outside it creates a different impression. Disappointing indeed especially at R49.95 for 430g.

My daughter bought me some panties from Woolworths on Wednesday 31 October. Two panties were bikini style which I do not wear at all. My daughter is obviously not aware of my preferences. I went to the same Woolworth on Friday the 2nd October to ask if I can change it for a full fit panties. The lady behind the counter said she would like to help me but her manager will have to authorize it. Lerato the manager on duty of the customer care then came on the scene. She had a total unwillingness to assist me and just said it is company policy not to exchange underwear. I can understand such policies but my problem is that any one with a bit of common sense can differentiate between underwear that's been worn and those that was not. Those panties were just as it was bought in the parcel with its price tags still attached. It was not like I bought it for myself. Both cos R80-00. For me it is unacceptable to waste money like that. Can anybody reasonable maybe assist me? I've been a loyal client for more than 35 years but will truly reconsider if I am not helped with this matter. The manager did not even LOOK at the panties! She said Woolworths received complaints about underwear being used and returned and since then you do no take underwear back. Well I do have a problem with that and feel my complaint weighs equally too that you have received before. Why should we carry the cost of R160 of something I did not even fit and have no use for it. Why not even look at what I have had to return? Surely one should be able to differentiate. Must all clients be treated the same because one or two who have been abusing the system. I am not somebody that can afford to waste R160! Please assist!
Regards
Maretha Vermaak

I just went to woolworths Legana ( 1pm 19/3/13) and purchased some brie cheese for my daughter, not sure if it was the correct one i told the cashier that I would need my reciept incase it was the wrong one. when i took it back yo my daughters house ( 5 mins away) it was the wrong one.

So I returned it to the supermarket. I was met at the front counter by the front end manager she proceded to tell me that i was not suposed to return cheese that it was a new law, when I told her that I was not aware of this law and that I had mentioned that I may need to return it to the cashier and I still was not told about this law she picked the cheese up and threw it across the kiosk area and into the bin. Her atitude was extremly condescending and rude.

No where in the supermarket does it state this law, so it is very difficult for general public to know. I don't think that it is very good buisness practice to have managers that make customers feel stupid or belittled. afterall they are paid to serve.

I bought a pair of slippers for my 2yr old and it looks like two left feet when she had it on. I then took it back to woolworths. I was attended by a girl call Jesse and she then told me that she will call the manager who was anthea fountain. She came not friendly did not greet. I explain to her my problem and she told me that it was worn and she fines no fault in it.

Not even sorry. But there is nothing she can do. Then she walk away. I bought it two days ago then took it back immediately when i saw fault. I always by by woolworths and believe its quality that we get. But im not happy at all. Its not the first time. Major attitude at woolworths vangate mall. They need service training.

My wife Mary received an offer by email 11th November titled "Mary, your first exclusive offer" Save 10cents per litre on fuel when you spend $30 or more this week. Offer ends Sunday 18 November". We spent $257.97 at Woolworths Gordon on the 17th split into 4 invoices. Her account was credited with 4 cents per litre. I queried why she wasn't credited with 10cents per litre. Today I called by phone and was eventually routed to a man. He was aggressive and rude.

First he didn't want to hear the reason for the complaint from me and only wanted to talk to Mary. After he had verified her account details he then talked to me. He wanted receipt details which I advised I didn't have as they are shredded after purchase items are checked and charges verified on our card which is normal. To cut a long story short this guy is unsuited to liaise with a customer. Furthermore Woolworths haven't honoured their offer. Mary's account clearly shows the 4 invoices on the 17th and only 4 cents per litre credited when she had clearly qualified for 10 cents per litre within the validity of the offer. Why does Woolworths make an issue out of something that should be so straightforward? It isn't the amount of money that's the issue it's that Woolworths haven't honoured their offer.

I was in the store early Monday morning on my way to work and I noticed that one of the female employees in the front desk with blonde hair
was very rude and abrupt towards another female employee. It was very unprofessional and made me feel uncomf0rtable while i was doing my shopping. She has served me on numerous occassions and it seems to me like her attitude to her work is giving a negative vibe to the woolworths brand. Since this person is behind the front desk she should always look and act professional towards her employees and customers.

I am formally emailing you this complaint. I have lived in Coorparoo for 25 years, prior to you building the new Woolies at Coorparoo, we had the shops downstairs and the car park above, exactly where it is now. There are a couple of Swallow families that have been nesting in that same car park for years now and we've noticed recently that many of their Nest have been ripped down from the marks on the walls. What the hell is wrong with your managers? These little birds Have been nesting there since before you came along, they are not doing any damage! they return every year to the same Nest and bring up their babies?

My friend and I purchased a seed ball on Thursday and hung it up out of view to the public, for the mothers To eat, yet when I went back yesterday it has been taken down? Seriously that is ridiculous, the Swallows alone? You'll never get rid of them, and why would you want to? I'm disgusted at this and would appreciate you not allowing the cleaners to continue To destroy their nests? If this isn't stopped I will make it my job to make sure it's stopped. What is wrong with you people? We're talking about beautiful tiny little birds, and lets be honest we don't have many beautiful inner City birds, Swallows are one of the few smaller birds that are left in the city. Your attention to this would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to register my disappoint at the Customer Service available at the Livingston Woolworths in Perth WA. This is not the first time that I have provided feedback on this issue. It seems that this subject is not being communicated to the responsible Store Manager with an expectation that things need to improve.

For quite a period of time now this store has lacked sufficient staffing levels in store at peak periods. Quite regularly on a Thursday night there is only 3 or 4 individual checkouts open. Staff are not available to serve in the deli area, and the staff in that area are so busy attending to chores such as washing / cleaning up that they quite regularly leave customer standing at the counter waiting to be served.

To add to this issue is the stock fill that is now carried out during shopping hours. We are reguarly having to dodge around stock that has been left in aisle waiting for staff to come along and put it away. Or several pallet loads of stock on trolleys with two or three staff trying to load shelves whilst customers are trying to select product or move around. Customers are not able to shop in areas where they need. I would also suggest that it would only take one customer to move a trolley of stock, resulting in injury to the Customer from falling stock or twisting to trying to move the trolley and Woolworths would be looking at a lawsuit.

The Livingston Store is now going through a refit, the stock layout is confusing and dis-organized at best. Last night we went to select mens razor blades and we found that a security lock had been placed on the prong with a message to seek sales assistance. In that area there are no sales assistants (and I wouldn't think you would want Checkout staff to walk away from their tills to help), the help desk is down the other end of the store and there were no staff in nearby aisles. This situation is intolerable!

Looking around the store, each and every check out had long queues (including the help desk selling smokes), however staff were closing checkouts to go on break or finish without any other staff to work their area. This was at 6.30pm!!!!

Please understand, I am not an impatient person, however my time is valuable and I do not like the cost cutting or the attitude that we will have to wait - which is clearly what is being suggested by the lack of service in this store.

Hope to see some improvements in this store or I will utilize my option to shop in another location. It would be nice to have the Customers in our local area receive the service that they should be entitled to.

Kind Regards

Lucinda

Went you woolworths in boval qld 4305 twice in the last fours days and found that some of there. Staff are unprofessional and full of shit the first time was friut and veg who lied to me as I was told they had run out of product but when I went back there was plentlt on the shelf.

The second time was fresh Milk the area was unclean with milk products everywhere but where there should have been when I was for a product again I was told they were out of but this time your employee laughed at me and thought it was a great joke.

And again I went back next day and there was stock on the shelf as I woolworths is my closeset store I won't be returning back there I would now prefer driving to Coles it's just down the road about five Klms rather than deal with people that treat you like sub humans and really don't give a shit.

Sending this email is most likely a waste of my time if the rest of woolworths staff are the same I would like to thank for listening my complaints if you get enough of these complaints woolworths will soon be gone.

Do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs. Where to begin..... So my little girl was getting her room redone and we decided to order her a new bed, ottoman and wardrobe from Woolworths. The ottoman showed up as in stock and during checkout gave us the option of next day delivery for a few pound extra, seeing how excited she was we decided to go for it.

Nothing showed up, phoned up a few times and every time we were told it would be delivered the following day, didn't happen. After a week we phoned again and were told that it may show up in two weeks time, that's after we paid for next day delivery. Still have not received the ottoman. The wardrobe we ordered, we were told it should be with us by the next Tuesday, nothing showed up. After a phone call we were told it's probably three or more weeks away, don't bother phoning again until then. The bed, well apparently we're looking at several months from now.

Their tracking system is the worst we've ever come across, for several days there were no updates. Then all of a sudden we received an update for three days earlier saying the item was on its way to us, useless. When we asked about a refund we were told that the supplier has the right to refuse the refund so there is very little chance of getting our money back. If you are thinking of buying something from them, DON'T. Do yourself a favour and find somewhere else, over the years we've used lots of online companies before and never once had problems like this.

Last night a couple of girlfriends and myself went into our local Woolworths in wagga to buy some fruit, I searched everywhere for mangos but there wasn't any left, as I reached the check out with my other items I noticed about 10 shopping baskets with end of the day items that people couldn't purchase and that looked like they were getting put back, my friend pointed out that there was a mango in on and I was so excited, so I picked it up and headed for self serve, all registers were taken so I stood behind my friend and waited, as I did this out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of your employees staring at me, which she continued to say " Ahh you have to pay for that?" I looked at her baffled and replied " well that's why I'm standing at the register waiting" she then said " well some customers just think they can walk out of here with those items" I relied " well im not going to" then she added " wasn't there any left in the fruit section that you could of taken?" I relied " well no that's why I'm taking it from here" she soon walked away, but there was so many people at the self serve I was so embarrassed! I felt like she accused me of something I'd never do and she didn't even apologize! I love woolies and this has just turned me off completely.

Hi we purchased two packets of roast chicken crinkle cut chips and inside the packet was plan flavoured chips. This is very disappointing from the Woolworth's select brand. Please advise what can be done to compensate me to correct this issue.

Best before date on packet: 01 Jun 13 307172 10:14

Today at 12.45pm I visited your Coburg store and I was most upset by the attitude of your deli staff who refused to serve me and the defensive attidtude of your assistant manager that did not understand the nature of my complaint and was defensive of his staff. Briefly, I took a number from the deli section and await service, the young girl called a number that I did not hear and I ask if she was using the number system, she said yes and asked what we wanted. I asked again if she was taking number and she said that she would not serve me because I was rude towards her. I said that I simply asked if she was using the number system at which time she turned around and walk-off refusing me service.

Another young girl took our order and I asked for the manager. He (named Richard) arrived and as I was explaining the issue he refused to accept my complaint and told me that I was aggressive towards him. He kept asking if I was sure that the girl had refused me service, I kept saying yes. By this time, I was totally frustrated by your staff that I simply explained that I would take the issue to the complaints department. At the counter there where two girls a younger one that eventually served us and a more mature lady who explained that the girl was was young and didn't know or understand what she was doing. I explained to this lady that the young lady who refused me service is not aware that my business should be appreciated as I help pay for her job.

Your assistant manager who also seemed very young had no idea how to take my complaint and kept questioning my reasons and accusing me of aggressiveness. As a 56 yo speaking to a tall, stronger and much younger male, I fail to see why he would feel threatened. In short I was totally embarrassed by the attitude taken by your staff. I will also refuse to shop at Woollies until your management take a good look at your policy of employing young, incompetent and inexperienced staff who keep defending their actions. I will also investigate the possibility of taking the issue further as this refusal of service is not acceptable and Woollies should be made to account for this action. Bad staff and bad management woollies.

The service at Woolworths in Sydney is worsening. At the most, there are a maximum of two check outs opened and most of the time, only one check out at which frequently there is no operator present! Very often I have to wait for a long time at a till where the light is on and where there is no person attending it. This is appalling. I've asked one of the staff to send someone over to attend the unattended register, and I was dissmisively and rudely told to go to the self-serve check-outs. Often there is long waiting time to get served. Many of the employees are not customer friendly and some are impolite. I have been very frequently upset and inconvenienced by this very poor service.

It is imperative to have an adequate number of people serving (an increase in this case) with efficiency and that service be done with a polite and pleasant manner.

This refers mainly to the Dee Why branch of Woolworths where I do my shopping. I will be forced to shop elsewhere (another store, not Woolworths) if this problem is not adequately and rapidly addressed.

We to get milk at my local woolworths service station in geraldton WA at 8:30 pm on 22/01/2013. It was marked on special for$2 for 2 ltrs. The girl wanted me to pay the full price. When I told her it was on special she said just pay the fu#*en money I have just about had enough of this f**#n job. With her friends all hanging around the counter I just walked out. Very discussed. The girl was working by her self.

There is a very small Woolworths store at Padstow that I only frequent out of convenience because more often than not the service is very bad and nearly every time I walk in the store I notice a merchandising mistake or product pricing mistake without even trying.I have to ask them to fix it because it's intellectually frustrating to see it.Obviously it occurs through either carelessness or stupidity.It is a small store in comparison to other stores & therefore they don't have a great range of product brands and types, so you would think it would be easier for them to manage it but no...

There is one particular cashier there (an older lady with short brown hair) who is so hopeless that I just leave my goods and walk out in disgust at mainly her stupidty.I usually try and avoid the stupid ones but yesterday I stood in her line to be served & sure enough she still had not learnt a thing about efficient high service cashiering...She refused to give me a bag when I asked until after I'd paid, so my goods were still sitting there on the counter after I've asked for a bag?? It varies from that to her triple handwork to get the goods in the bag (very slow and inefficient).You get the idea...

Many times I've vowed to boycott that store & I stay away for some time but due to convienience only I go again.They've lost a lot of custom from me...Most people go to Riverwood to get good service and product range.At least there I can serve myself...

I bought a 10 pack of sundried tomato chicken kebabs from Woolworths and 1 whole stick was full of bones, cartilage, knuckles etc......absolutely disguisting as I was feeding it to my 3yr old who could have easily choked if I didn't spot it before cooking. Paying nearly $12 for a pack I expect good quality and not something u would not even feed your dog! Not happy at all and I definitely wont be purchasing them again and have second thoughts about purchasing any meat off of them now.

Yesterday my grandson purchased a small packet of M&M's from our Woolworths Supermarket in Scottsdale, Tasmania. At the shelf where he picked it up the item had a sale ticket price of $1.00, down from $1.69. At the register it scanned at $1.69 so I pointed out the sale price and without checking at the shelf the girl called a supervisor who said it had been scanning at the higher price all afternoon. She charged my grandson $1.00. I asked the checkout girl why he hadn't received it for free under the scanning policy and she said "We already know that the price is not correct and also, you didn't leave the store." Not understanding I went up to the desk and ask why Woolworths had not honoured its scanning policy and was told that the Manager at the store has instructed checkout staff to not honour the policy if the buyer makes them aware of an overcharge at the register. Instead, the buyer must pay the higher price and actually leave the store, then return and ask for the policy to be implemented. I pointed out that it didn't say that on the printed policy that was displayed at the desk and the person just shrugged. Clearly this is not the correct way to implement a national scanning policy and it reflects poorly on the Woolworths brand that store managers are making decisions about the scanning policy at a store by store level.

Every time I go to the Woolworths supermarket in Rundle Mall, Adelaide, I wish I would not meet a staff member there.Why? because her service attitude to me was always bad without reasonable reasons. And after I met her again at the counter at 16:50pm on the 3rd of Feb. 2013, I think that is enough! First of all , she did not greet to me or ask me if I need help at all (I have been used to that). She was freezing me all the time, while I talked to her politely. When I said," Can I have...?" She did not reply. The only words she had said during the service was " Lyca?" I said 'yes'. Then she finished the transation without saying anything even when I said a ' thank you' at the end. During the course, I felt really bad as if I was begging her to sell something to me. Every time I met her, she treated me rudely although I did nothing wrong. I remember in another time, I said I would like to buy a voucher, then she said" for what?" in a rude way. Also, she chatted another male staff member up during a service on another occasion.Most of the staff members are friendly but sometimes I really don't want to go shopping in that store because of her. I guess the only reason that she treated me in a bad manner is because I am an Asian woman. She is an Asian as well but she speaks English with a local accent. I think her boss will be upset if he or she knows this.

hi,i have a woolworths card and have shopped at woolworths for over 30 years holding a gold card.-i am also a vitality card hold er on a discovery medical aid package coastal saver.woolworths have entered into an agreement that only clients on more expensive medical aid packages can get a cash back bonus.they assumed that i because of my package of-R2500 per month i do not shop at woolworths as i probally could not afford to do so .how can woolworths do this to their valuable customers .dont blame only discovery as an agreement is between two parties.i am disappointed having emailed discovery to receive a routine letter that says sorry we do not want to compromise our position with pick n pay so people on the less expensive packages must shop at pick n pay for the cash back ,but people on more expensive packages can get cash back from pick n pay and woolworths.this is surely not a fair practise.kindest regrds suzette mitchell

I have lived in Caloundra all my life, I have shopped at coundra woolworths since it has opened. I am a pensioner and for the last few years have treated myself to very nice salmon from the deli once a week. I have had the most uncomfortable and upseting experience from one of the sales people. I have been told that this woman is deli manager. She has become rude and it is all too much to serve me because it seems to me she finds it all too hard. She doesn't hide the fact and always makes me feel as though I am too much trouble. Yes I am specific in what I want after all I am paying for it and I really don't ask too much. I have never had any trouble with anyone serving me except her. More than one or twice it is every time. Today I went in and left without the rest of my shopping because I was upset by this. I thought about this all day and not sure if I wish to go back. I decided to ring the store manager but he was no available. I have decided to make this complaint but not sure where else to go with it.

To Management, I suggest you recall any and all the small Liverwurst old style 100g rolls Woolworths is selling out of your Claremont Store, Tasmania. We purchased two on the 27th of December 2012 at your Woolworths Claremont Store We opened one today and are not prepared to open the other.. as the one we opened was dreadful and tasted awful.

Both of us(my husband and I) had a mouthful and had to run and spit it out. Totally gastly. Feel we should let some one from the CSIRO look at them as a food that could probably make you very ill. Also check out your milk fridge area as well we have thrown out nearly 60% of two 2ltr cartons of milk this week both before their use by dates as they were off and sour!!

We were pleased with how the Claremont Village was done up recently and would like to keep using your store.. but you do not make it easy for us by selling us food that is not fit for us to eat or drink. Please reply as soon as possible. Sincerely Noeline Durovic

On Monday I bought the schnitzel special. Some packets on special some not so changed the expensive packets. Then when leaving I saw on my slip that I was not charged the special price for the apples. I had to go back. The cashier had a exhausted look on her face. I don't understand why so many prices are wrong. I never leave Woolworths without checking my slip as there are often wrong prices but never under charging.

Several times now I have gone to purchase bread from the bakery section of my local Woolworths store (Redbank Plains) and ALL of the white bread for sale was covered in sesame seeds. I am not alone when it comes to children not wanting to eat "seeds" on their bread. It has been a huge inconveinence for myself but what is more concerning to me is that I don't think Woolworths in aware that we have a huge number of both children and adults in Australia with nut allergies and certain proteins in sesame seeds can trigger allergy symptoms related to a nut allergy. I don't mind if you put sesame seeds on SOME loaves of bread but ALL white loaves is a bit of overkill and doesn't leave any option for those who dislike sesame seed or cannot consume them due to an allergy.

I have to say I am disappointed in Woolworths inverell I was in the there tonight getting s few odds and ends when I noticed one of there own employees that had just finished work by the looks of it was putting her entire shopping trolley Full of groceries through self serve... not until the end did one of the other employees cone to see if she needed a hand but the lady's own daughter came in and helped her out. But a thank you to joAnne the employee who did go over and help her out..

On Thursday the 17th of January I was shopping with my daughter in woolworths forrestfield west Australia. Which is not my normal shopping centre and I was appalled at the lady on cashier 9 by the name of cherry I think ,she was extremely rude and threw my shopping into my bags she was more interested in what was going on in the rest of the store than she was me. I don't think she really wanted to be at work I have never encountered such rudeness from anyone in a shop before I was very disgusted its not giving the shop a very good reputation Regards Jenny corry

Safeway Liquor at Bannockburn today 11th November, early this afternoon went to pick up some groceries and then went to the Liquor shop to buy two bottles of alcohol, had my 17 year old son with me & he helped me carried the bottles over to the counter. placed them on the counter stepped away & the cashier said something to him & he said about Mum's paying. She then proceeded with wanting his ID & I said that they're not his he's just helping me carring them over to the counter. Longstory short at the end I said to cancelled the transaction & I'll go back in line to re-purchase them on my own. And was told that I was not allowed to purchase at all but could come back tomorrow!!!!! Doesn't make sense at all....

On the 12th January I purchased a punnett of rasberries that cost just over $7 ( I cant recall the exact price) from Woolies Racecourse Rd Ascot, Qld 4007. I checked they looked ok and then purchased them, declining the receipt when offered it at the register. Upon opening the packet that night to use in some cooking I found them to be full of mould in the middle layer, I couldnt have seen this from the top. Needless to say, I had to throw them out and not having got a receipt for their purchase, I felt it pointless to return them to the store. I do frequent at this store as I work locally and just wanted to point this out and convey my disappointment. Berries are a luxury item on our shopping list and I was left thoroughly unimpressed that you are selling fruit clearly past it's use by dtae.

I and many others would like to voice our displeasure at the lack of trolley returns working at the Katherine Woolworths. The centre has the bays but since you have instigated the pay and refund trolley system and number of issues have arisen, the main problem is the chains you have placed in the bay. Particular residents of Katherine simply use a pair of bolt cutters to remove the ends of these to gain access to other trolleys that have money left in them in frustration at not being able to collect their refund as only two of the six bays actually have chains left after being cut off. Yes there is another trolley return at woolworths but that is another problem as dumped trolleys with no key left on them are dumped, that is if you make it there as we are now being exposed as targets for indigenous residents intimidating us for our trolleys so they can have the money. When you have young children or elderly on your own this is extremely frightening and dangerous as some don't take no for an answer. May I suggest that to rectify the main problem please install lengths of bar with the key return attached making it near on impossible for them to be removed.

I'm upset because every time i go to Woolworths I see that the items I buy are the same price but they are smaller. The bakery, the choc cake is half the size now and is the same price, it is disguisting to see I hate going to Woolworths and see the items smaller, but seem to be the same price. In the bakery, the choc cake is half the size, and yet the same price is on them, I think this is terrible and disgusting. Went to Coles and the choc cake was not half like in woolworths, so I would prefer to shop at Coles instead of Woolworths.

Someone from woolworths credit card division contacted me on the 26th June 2013 to advise that I pre-qualify for a Gold Woolworths credit card because I was such a good payer on my store card. I advised that I accepted, he did a credit check on me and approved me for R29500 on the credit card. I received an sms on the 3 July 2013 to say my credit card is ready for collection. I went in with my required documents (my ID is on my maiden surname and proof of address on maiden surname but my credit card was approved on married surname of which I took marriage certificate with as well) which was approved in store and my credit card was open and made available to me. I used approximately R9000 on the credit card and went into a Pick n Pay 2 weeks later and the card wouldn’t work, I phoned into the credit card division and was told that my card was blocked because my fica documentation wasn’t correct.

My question is, how can Woolworths/Absa approve me with a credit card without validating my Fica documentation first? And how can they block my card after providing me with the credit? According to the consumer protection act I am In all right to not pay that credit card and service fees for a service I do not have? I have an Absa credit card which is also on my married surname and have no issues with that so I don’t understand and I have a woolworths store card which is also on my married surname?

I have been a customer in your Mirrabooka store for over 20 years and in the past 12 months the standard has gone down hill. The meat department is absolutely disgusting there is never any stock on the shelf even if its in the brochure. When I have asked for the meat I would like I am told that the truck has not arrived. Some of the cuts of meat I wouldn't even feed to a dog. I shop the same time and day every week by 9.30 in the morning and you would expect the shelves to be stocked. Do you only supply people that shop after lunch? Not good enough....... For your fresh bread department I shouldn't have to ask for stock but again I have too because its never on the shelf and most shelves are empty. I like shopping in your stores because I can find everything I need and sometimes the unusual items. But I am finding I have to start shopping elsewhere which I find quite sad.

I went to the woolworths branch in kerk street to exchange my son's boxers.. I understand that your policy states yhst underwear can not be exchanged but exceptions csn be made especial when you can see thst there is no ways thst that those could have been worn. I was referred to a supervisor/Manager (Pacience Ledumo)and I explained to her that my x took our son for shopping and the bought 2 of those 3sets boxer shorts of the same colour and socks which are not his size and that all I wanted was to get a different colour of the boxer shorts and the correct size of socks.

The lady advised that she can see that those were not opened but they need to be consistent in a sence that they cant exchange for one person and not do for the next which I do not agree with as situations and circumstances are different. I could not speak to the store manager ss I was advised he is on leave. All I want isto exchange which to me seems reasonable since I have explained my reasons. I hope someone will be able to make a decision.

When there is nil completion Woolworth's treat customers second rate. I only shop at George Town Woolworths when I'm desperate because they rate GT customers second class. Last night I wanted one lemon but there was only a pack of 6 for $7.00 available. This is only one example, they don't have much variety because there is no completion in G T. I travel to Launceston to get my weekly groceries at COLES because they are friendlier and very helpful, Woolworths should take a leaf out off their book.

Woolworths have now redone the isles in the Fruit and Veg Isles. Where as before the fruit used to be in the front isles and the vegetables at the back, Woolworths have now mixed up the Isles so that they are intermingled. Whoever came up with this stupid idea obviously does not do the shopping. It has now become very time consuming to find items. I will now be shopping at Coles as I haven't the time to go up and down isles looking for what I want.

Being 1 of 2 main food stores in the main town area of Alice springs , I used to regularly shop at the woolworths store, as their deli and fruit and veg was 1st class and the store made an market day event every Saturday , 2 years ago. I rarely go there now , only if there is something I really need. On 2 seep rate occasions in one rare week that I go that store, the first being on the 24th January, Unfortunately I was in a que that stretched from the self service registers all the way down to the cosmetic section.i went to complain to the desk and query why do you have only 3 registers open and the self service registers open at 11am on a Saturday morning , with a que like this.

Wowever 2 customers were already venting their disappointment to the front end supervisor,(Indian lady). Who I thought walked off to do something about the issue, but walked away and did not return for the 20 mims we were all waiting! The second incident was on Sunday the 1st February, when I went to the deli at about 4.30p.m., when I was served ,I asked if there was any more roast beef . The deli assistant said that it was to busy to slice some. I said to her there was only 3 including myself at the counter , how was that busy?I asked , please could you slice some. She said again, that it was to busy to slice today.

I have been in Alice springs for a few years. And can appreciate the difficulty in getting good staff and staff that can provide a level of acceptable customer service. You want to monitor the level of service and how and what the staff do and don't do in this store, as the level of service and standards , particularly in the deli and fruit and veg are the worst ,I have seen , in the 5 years I have been shopping (less and less ) there.

I have been a customer at Dianella, W.A store since it was first opened, and at the moment will be very glad when Coles will soon take over the IGA store . Firstly, why can't more than one checkout be opened when there is a queue - this seems to be the norm Australia wide. My main complaint is the quality of the meat - I buy Lamb Steaks - tasteless and not tender as lamb should be, but the Scotch fillet steak which we had for dinner tonight was absolutely tasteless and tough. The wording on the back of the package goes.. We Aussies are passionate about our food which is grown by Aussie farmers and supposed to be top quality meat etc. a laugh!! The mince hasn't even got the taste as it has in years gone by . It's no wonder there is now a queue at the Butcher Shop,which I will be joining, until Coles opens and then I'll see what their meat is like, otherwise back to the Butchers.

I bought shoes at Sandton city branch on Thursday 22 January 2015, Friday morning I realised at work the shoes are too big that's when I decided to exchange them at Wood mead branch. I explained my issues to Tshepo (cashier) he called manager Dumisane who was so rude to me telling me I must go where I bought the shoes I was so disappointed by the service provided by the manager I even left those shoes with Tshepo (cashier) worth R799. 00 I am not willing to pay those shoes up until I get the right size.

On 22/01/15 I 'bought midnight beauty seedless grapes' from Woolworths store in Croydon (store Id 3216). There was no price tag at the shelf where we picked up the grapes... At the self-scan counter I was surprised to find that the grapes were priced $8.98/kg. I walked back to the shelf to check the price again, when I found that the price was not displayed at the shelf, I asked the attendant if the price was correct.. She assured me that the grapes were indeed $8.98/kg. by this time my husband had finished scanning all the items and we didn't bother about returning the extravagantly expensive grapes (we paid $9.74 for 1.085 kg grapes).

Next day my husband happened to go to the same store again to buy something else. He was shocked to find that the same 'midnight beauty seedless grapes' has a display stating 'was $2.89 now selling @ $1.89/kg '. He called me immediately to find out if I still had the receipt from previous night's purchase. Fortunately I still had the receipt in my wallet. When we questioned the staff at the customer service about the price difference, she said it was the fault of the scanning machine and refunded the extra money charged for the purchase (it was a refund of about $8.00).

My question is how does such a thing happen and customer is overcharged 8 times? Does the Woolworths store know how many customers bought those overpriced grapes that day and never realised they paid 8 times the correct price? How often does this happen at Woolworths? It is impossible to check the correct price of every item from the grocery trolley . Woolworths should track all the sales for those overpriced grapes and refund the money to the customers. Very annoyed about this lapse from such a reputed retail giant..!!!

Unable to get Cougar and Cola from Woolworth liquor department Derby WA, I have been given 3 different excuses. Cougar and Cola was popular and always sold out. It's my favorite liquor and I wish they had it in stock. Please bring this back!

I will never buy fruit and vegetables from Woolworths again. I am sick of throwing out rotten avocados. No more! Does anyone else shop their and find the quality of their food to be going down lately? I would be curious if you had the same response!

In December 2014 I made a payment towards my credit card and I usually pay R1 000 every month. I have now received a statement for January and the installment is R2 000. when I called them to inquire about this , I was told that in December I made an early payment therefore what I paid was not taken into account for December. they have now charged me an overdue fee because of that. I refuse to pay the r2 000 as I did pay my account and I am not in arrears. Apparently they do not cater for advance payment when it comes to credit card. I was never informed about this and I need this to be rectified ASAP.

To the Hierarchy of Woolworths management, I'm a loyal customer who shops at the end of the day after work and I find it excessively inconvenient when I purchase items and the express lane at Woolworths Chester Hill is unopened due to in sufficient staffing. What is the point of having an express lane when it is un staffed? How come Woolworths doesn't hire staff when they are needed. Every time I go there it is an on going scenario, same situation where the staff there simply say use the self service lane or wait behind the heavy trolleyed shoppers. How inconvenient is that when every second counts? I don't want to use automated or self service, I want a person to serve me. I am un satisfied with the customer service to a degree that a lot of my friends and colleagues agree with me. I hope this matter resolves quickly

Good day. I would like to bring it under your attention that I have bought a Woolworths food product without any expiry (or best before date) on the item. On Thursday, 15th of January 2015, I bought the Slimmer's Choice - Chicken & Brocolli Bake, from the Woolworths Food store at the Engen garage in Gardens, Cape Town. There was no best before or sell before date on the product. I have put the meal in the microwave today as per the sleeve and was hesitant to taste it since there is no date on it. The cheesy sauce in the meal tasted sour and was definitely off . There is a number on the sleeve: 11120115. I have taken photos in case you need proof that there is no date on the item. Can you please help me understand why there is no date on this food item and what you will be doing in future to prevent it from happening again.

To whom it may concern, Woolworths are advertising Australian prawns at a discounted price for Easter unfortunately, I have had two unpalatable experiences with Australian prawns which I purchased from two different Woolworths stores…the prawns were bought about four years ago…too afraid to buy since then.

My complaint is; the prawns are too salty…my Aunty also bought prawns from East of Perth, Belmont area (I live North of Perth) and had to throw them away, too salty.

I am annoyed because I am a weekly shopper at Woolworths and am unable to take advantage of Woolworths Australian prawns when on special.
Prawns are the only seafood that is inedible at Woolworths…salmon, lobster, and other sea food is fine.

Kindest regards,
Lesley.

We are a two car family and share the reward saver card for fuel discounts. i used to be able to get an original receipt that would indicate the expiry date of an existing “voucher”. This has happened for many months. The other day I requested a receipt before any input by service centre attendant, and still got a duplicate receipt with the original suppressed.
I would like to know the purpose of this. If it is to keep the customer “in the dark” about remaining “vouchers” , then I will go back to the original method of getting the voucher on my shopping docket.

Normally if a pruduct I buy is unsatisfactory I either throw it away or never buy that product again. However this seems to be happening more frequently especially with Woolworths Home Brand. Many named brands that you used to stock seem now to be unavailable. It wouldn’t be a problem if your Home Brand was of equal quality

Woolworths Home Brand Fishfingers – absolutely tasteless, appeared to be some form of mash inside the crumbs that was a grey colour. No sign of any fish flakes whatsoever. Will definately not buy again.

Woolworths Home Brand Pizza – a cheaper product than McCann or similar but you seem to have forgotten the topping. We had to add cheese, ham etc to try and make it edible. Very poor quality and will definately not buy again.

Woolworths Broad Beans – please bring back Birds Eye. Your product is inferior and a strange muddy green colour. I bought two bags and had to throw both away.

Today I cooked a piece of Shoulder Pork (1.9kg) that was purchased at Woolworths Dural. There waws so much fat which had obviously been added to make up the weight. After having the pork for dinner (for two people) there is about 250g left. I intend to return the product to Woolworths tomorrow

This is really just a small sample of my gripe against Woolworths. You’re making massive profits so why are you trying to rip off customers. Maybe you have such a huge market share that you are becoming blase and as a result quality is suffering. I’m thinking of shopping at Aldi’s instead.

when if ever will it be possible to buy a packet of unbroken biscuits every time I buy a packet from woollies they are always broken this means that no matter the product they are damaged goods and that’s not good enough do woollies care seemingly not as nothing changes I would like a reply to this complaint however knowing the disregard woollies has for its customers and its products if I do get a reply the shock I would get will probably require a crash team to be in attendance

We bought some mince from Woolworths Beenleigh on 25th march 2014, this mince had a used by date of the 27th march 2014. We cooked the mince on the date of purchase and noticed a rather foul smell emanating from the mince. After trying the mince once cooked the smell and taste was still not right. We believe this product may have been already out of date.

This has cost us an entire meals worth of products as we had bolognaise that night so we used sauce pasta and cheese for this meal. Feeding 2 adults and 5 children is expensive enough without having to throw out an entire meals worth of food because the product is not edible.

We anticipate that woolworths will respond to this matter.

For the last month there has been no Home Delivery at Bankstown Woolworths.. Many elderly people from Bankstown Community are affected by this change and cannot do their weekly and fortnightly shopping because it is too heavy for them to carry the groceries. This has been the main topic of discussion among the seniors. Why did the Bankstown Woolworth manager let go of the previous delivery person before rehiring a replacement. It seems to me that it would be an indication of his management skills to preform a basic management task. The manager “Tony” assured us we would only need to wait maximum a week for a replacement driver but it’s now going on the third week since it was bought to his attention.

We cannot do our shopping because the manager is not competent enough to resolve this basic issue.. We have been loyal customers and all we ask is that Woolworth provides a delivery services for the most vulnerable who can’t carry heavy groceries.

I bought a pair of size 13 school shoes at Festival mall in July 2013. I could not understand why the one shoe after six months are torn in the front. Just to discover that one shoe is a size 12 and the other one a size 13. How did something like this happen as the cashiers at Woolworths check everyting thoroughly? The size 13 is still in a good condition.

I would like to inform you that I have had some very unpleasant shopping experiences in Woolworths Supermarket at Wynnum Plaza, Wynnum West. Usually I prefer to check out with the self service machines as I can use up some coins. Recently the machines have failed to count my money correctly when I put it in on three separate occasions. On the first occasion when I asked for help, the store manager (Deb) told me that as she can’t tell how much money in coins I put in, she was unable to help me.

The second time I put in a $20 note which did not register and had to argue with your manager to get my money back. The third time it did not register my coins, and again when I asked for help, the store manger (Deb) told me that she was unable to check the machine as it only gets reconciled once a month and if I have trouble with them then I shouldn’t use them. I find this both extraordinary and unacceptable! Normally businesses count their money each day and if this was done and there was a discrepancy, then that would account for my money. If the machines are only reconciled at the end of every month then it would be very difficult to attribute any excess money to me as it may happen to others.

I have also experienced poor customer service on other occasions when I have asked about products on special but the shelf is empty. In this instance when I asked your staff for assistance, they ignored me. I am Asian and feel victimised, prejudiced and very unwelcome in their store.

For the past two to three years, I have been buying uniform for staff at Woolworth Alberton branch and I never had any problem. However, this year things seems to have changed. This afterI requested the branch management to sign a declaration of interest form (which is a pre-requisite for for all suppliers rendering a service to the company I am working for). The declaration letter only serve the purpose of confirming that Woolworth is independant and has no business interests in the company that I am working for. The branch management indicated that they could not help me because they are not allowed to sign such documents, which I find strange considering that the letter does not bind Woolworth to anything, but just need a declataion to be made. Please help me in sorting this problem, out because I have R8,414.00 to spend, which I will forfeit if I do not get any resolution to this matter soon.

On the 7th and 8th of April I noticed packets of chips advertised for $2.00. These were on the end of a stand facing the rear of the store. On both sides of that stand they also had chips, so one would think that all the chips there (front and 2 sides), would all be the same price. But when I got home I realised I was charged $2.50. On inquiring I was told they were not on special. As many people don’t check their dockets (I do, as I often found errors in their favor), they would not be aware of Woolworths misleading tactics.
This would be a good case for “The Checkout” program on ABC

One teller was available and I waited in the queue for a few minutes when i was approached by a staff member who asked if i am paying by card or cash because they only accept cards. When i answered that i am paying by cash he asked if i don’t have a card. I then couldn’t pay for my goods and left the store.

I’ve been having this problem for the last 3 months. My family and I only drink woolworths milk for as long as I can remember and I have never had this problem until lately.the customer service consultant at woolworths gateway(umhlanga) think that the solution is an apology and a refund! But the problem has NOT even been addressed because I just opened 2 bottles of milk and guess what? Its spoilt again!! I thought that just maybe the problem was sorted but I was wrong, I dread to think if I had given it to my 6 year old in his cereal this morning. Now have 19 bottles of milk expiry date 13/07/2013 and I won’t even bother opening the rest! Having to carry all those bottles back to the store will surely make me look stupid!I can’t imagine having to have my coffee with any other brtand of milk, if this problem is not seriously addressed URGENTLY!

I bought my 6 year old boy some brown boots for winter at woolies and he wore them twice only but already they are peeling off on the the top. Those boots cost R270.00 and they are the new arrivals for this winter at woolies. I am disappointed because i don’t go anywhere else to buy my kids some clothes. My account is forever up todate but today i have to understand that my R270 is gone in just 2 days.

I want to return the boots since i have the slip still. How am i going to get help!!!

Hello, I have been a loyal customer of your Woolworths store at The Pines – Doncaster East. Great lay out and lovely staff. HOWEVER .. 8 of the last 10 times I have been in to shop over this summer period .. and the last being 2pm Friday Feb 22nd – the wait time to be served has been well over 10 minutes.

Last Thursday nearly 20 minutes! Just one register was open for normal service, one register for 15 items or less one poor staff member at the self serve section and one lady at the cigerette counter!

The staff were apologetic – and it is not their fault is it the fault of the manager in charge of resourcing/rostering!

The stores reputation is taking a hammering amongst the community – I can tell you that for a fact .. and next will be social media unless you improve it.

Surely your revenue is down on last year due to this – its no good reducing your costs .. Coles will beat you with their service and inflict further pain. All we wantis good service – partiularly in this side of town where we dont put up with things for long.

I look forward to a speedy response.

Anthony

I made an order on the 8th of February ( order no: 5487706) for a woolworths online delivery. The time I was allocated was between 5-8. 8 was the latest time I could have anything delivered as I started work at 8.30. The driver was over an hour later than 8 and arrived at quarter past 9 in the evening with melted prawns and fish. I rang up at 7 to ask when the food would be delivered and I was told 7.45! I called up again at 9 and spoke to the manager to express my frustration. This is unnacceptable. I was an hour late for work and had to pay a fine as well as not being able to eat dinner before going and having to buy dinner elsewhere. We had to throw the fish away as we couldn’t put it back in the freezer and had no time to eat it. I was told by the manager we would get a refund for the frozen goods but we haven’t and it has now been 2 weeks. This is extremely poor service from woolworths, it is clear that they don’t care about customer satisfaction and ensuring that their customers return. A refund on the frozen food (which we still haven’t received) is simply not good enough to resolve this matter. I spent over $300 on the order and expect to receive the service I pay for and I have received not even a fraction of it.

Honey

Hi, i placed an order for a washing machine and fridge freezer on friday 8th feb 2013 online. i selected the delivery option of “within 6 working days” and as our new house is not available until 22nd feb 2013, i asked for it to be delivered to my mums address. i paid with my card and left it at that.

quite satisfied that the items would be delivered within the week to my mums address. the following morning, to which i placed the order, i woke up to an email from woolworths to say that they were “confirming your order for delivery on thursday 23rd march 2013″ this is NOT within six working days its not even within the same month…if i had been told this before i had paid for the items i would not have purchased them as this date is far to far away and no good to me! i called the contact number on the website (0844..)

which cost me on my mobile… i told the lady on the phone that this was no good. i asked her why the option was within six days and thrn the items werent going to be delivered for over a month…she didnt particularly seem phased by the time.scale hut said she would try and get an earlier delivery date. she said the order had already been processed and she couldnt change it.

i asked her why it was being processed already as it apparantly wasnt due to be delivered for over a month..she didnt answer the question and informed me that she could cancel it and put the other through again over the phone to ensure i got the correct delivery date as there was one available earlier. i asked her how long the refund would take to get into my bank account.

she told me two days. i would have to wait until then as the costs ment i am out of pocket by over 500 pounds!! After speaking to my partner about this he suggested we buy the items on our credit fard and just pay the money off

I bought a bunch of what looked like good bananas on mon.7-1-13 at the Ermington branch of Woolworths and they were absolutely awful. They were black on the inside (not outside )and tasted chalky without any flavour.I was unable to eat them ,so just wasted money.iInow remember why I NEVER buy fruit and vegetables at a super market.It is time our super markets shaped up and stop serving us crappy food.

Woolworths shopping trolleys are some of the worst I have encountered. I have a very sore foot and a bad back and these trolleys are almost impossible to push around. Yesterday I tried out three trolleys before thinking I had a decent one, only to find part way round, that it kept veering towards the shelves. I was absolutely frustrated and exhausted by the time I reached the registers, I am sorry to say I let fly at the poor girl there, I do know it’s not her fault, and am sorry for that. I think Woolworths need to lift their game regarding the repairs and servicing of trolleys, they certainly charge enough for our groceries, particularly when they don’t look after their customers. I for one will be spending more time at Aldi’s and Coles where I have had better trolleys. Shame on you Woolworths.

I have been a Woolworths shopper for many many years. Slowly over the last couple of years I have been disenchanted with initially the meat and then the fruit and vegetables, so much so, that I have found myself buying those products from independents in the same area. I shop at Victoria Point in Queensland. Over this Christmas period while doing my normal weekly shop and rather than making another trip elsewhere, I bought some lady finger bananas. Typically, as I had found previously, they soon became over ripe in a matter of days. Roughly a week later doing the same thing, I though I would give Woolworth’s bananas another chance. These lady fingers, even after 4 days at home, were still as hard as a rock and you could have thrown then against the wall and damaged the wall. I am afraid that the fruit. veges and meat will remain with the independents from now on.

Today at around 3:30 i went to woolworths caltex in eaton and the lady on the counter was rude and lacked all the manners that are integral part of customer service. She was ok with other customers but she didnt greet when i entered the shop for payment and never said thanks while i was leaving. She discriminated me being from asia and i feel extremely offended for this act. I have never come across such a racist during my stay at Australia but today I am very sorry to mention but I personally experienced racism and discrimination at woolworths caltex eaton. I request a strong action over the matter and example should be set so that such ridiculous minded people mend their ways and refraining from earning bad repute for such a big brand like woolworths.

I am absolutely appalled at your service 3 times I have phoned and been on hold an hour which has no doubt cost me a fortune when my bill comes in just to be cut off my poor daughter has not been able to play with her Xmas percent which is broke and all I am trying to do is return it I want someone to call me over this matter as I want to log an official complaint,as soon as my account is paid I will be cancelling this account, 07946739441

I had a $15 off everyday rewards voucher to be used between 17-24 Dec for a bill over $150. I spent $203.09 on the 24 Dec. I forgot to give it to the checkout assistant at the time of the transaction, then remembered as I was putting the final bags in the trolley. The assistant told me to take it to the service desk & they will fix it up. When I got there I was told it couldn’t be corrected!!

I find it poor that a company as large as Woolworths couldn’t correct something so simple. I would spend over $20 000 a year at Woolworths and after this experience I am seriously thinking about whether I will continue shopping there.

I write to report a couple of incidents that occurred last year at Dapto Woolworths. The first occurred when I was in the isle looking at underwear with my daughter A female night packer (the packer) wearing glasses was standing nearby also. Later on, while I was waiting at the checkout, the packer was waiting on the exit side of the checkout with a group of co-workers. I am informed by my daughter and her boyfriend, who were also on the exit side of the checkout, that the packer said to them that I had changed my underwear in the isle with new ones from the shelf, and shuved the old ones under the isle shelf. I believe the packer also asserted that this had occurred on multiple occassions without me having paid for the underwear. Statements from witnesses have been made

The second occurred after I received assistance in finding gravy beef from deli worker. After paying for the gravy beef at the counter a female superviser approched me and said words to the effect of ” I just received a phone call from the deli informing me you stole meat” After I explained that that was false, she went somewere and and came back telling me every thing was fine. These matters were reported to the Woolworths Support Office and it was suggested that I contact the Woolworths manager for an appointment. I did as suggested and faxed him a letter together with my complaint, but there was no response.

I write to complain of a forced bagcheck that occured between late Nov & early Dec 2011 at Dapto Woolworths.
The facts and circumstances are that a female superviser asked to check a bag I was holding. The bag was a backpack packed with the kids pre-school cloths. I refused to open it while explaining my rights under the Bagcheck Guidlines. The superviser became agitated and begun arguing – demanding that I open the bag while co-workers blocked the exits. Eventually a male male night manager or something came and told me to open the bag. With the exits blocked by staff members and security guards, I had no choice but to open the bag. No stolen items were found.
Fair Trading has made an attempt to resolve the matter, but the Woolworths manger denies any breach took place based on signs of entry to do with bagchecks. However, that has nothing to do with Forced Bagchecks .
In view of the above, I seek to have the matter resolved with the scandalous Prohibiting Entry Notices issued against my wife and I revoked, otherwise Ill seek legal action to sue.

I recently was trying to take up a online offer from 14/12/12 for 66% off canvas prints which was valid till 18/12/12 but your server was having issues and I was unable to create canvas on your site from 14/12/12 till 18/12/12. On approximately 15th or 16th December I called both woolworths online and woolworths photo department at George street to report the problem and no one was able to assist and all I got was hang ups by woolworths online operators and promises of phone calls back to help resolve within 24 to 48 hours.

I continued to try and log onto woolworths site and create canvas about 8 times a day every day until finally on the 18/12/12 I was able to log on and created 6 canvas prints when I finally got a call back from a male rep from woolworths online to try and help me resolve the issue. I advised him that after 5 days I’ve finally been able to get on and have created 6 of them but advised him due to offer expirying today at midnight I’m not going to be able to complete all canvas prints that I was after. He asked me to relax and advised that it would be fine and I would be able to get same offer at later date and to ensure this he would need to create a log to guarantee me that I would get this offer at later date. I went through all issues with him and he created log and provided me with log number.

He advised me that at a later date once created other canvas I would need to call up and provide log number and they would have to provide me with a manual code to get the 66% off as per the original offer. The second part was he said let’s stay on the line and make sure that your able to complete your checkout with 6 canvas that are there now with the code that was valid with offer untill midnight that day. 4 of them worked fine with the code provided and other 2 canvas needed staff to give me manual code for as your system started to play up again which they did.

Once this was completed and I was happy with result of completing part of order and being promised extra time to complete rest due to system being down for 5 days I asked to speak to supervisor in regards to having previous staff hanging up on me and receiving poor service. Supervisor provided me with a further discount code of 20% off valid for 1 year as compensation.

On 24/12/12 I called woolworths online to get manual code for 66% off for rest of canvas that I was ready to complete and spoke with Beth whom advised had no employee number and she advised me that this was fine once looking up my account but advised me that canvas items would need to be in my checkout online before code could be provided so as I do not have Internet at home I drove 40 minutes to a Internet cafe on 31/12/12 and created new 4 canvas’s and put them in my checkout which took 2 hours to complete and called back up and spoke to Beth on 2/1/13 again whom advised will not do now and placed me on hold and went to speak to manager with same result even after seeing log created. I asked to stay on hold to speak to supervisor and was advised that I couldn’t and I couldn’t hold as had other calls. I even asked to speak with Nother representative which was declined and Beth then hung up on me.

I ask that you guys stick to your word and provide me with manual code for 66% off canvas as per promise and original offer and also that you train all staff involved with customer service skills and also reprimand staff that hung up on me. My items are in my checkout now and it took a lot of effort from me to travel to Internet cafe and create canvas as per request from your staff.

Woolworths – Macquarie Fields, Sydney. I am a loyal Everyday Rewards customer who On the 17/12/12 at 6:25pm I purchased a $29.00 Vodaphone Recharge voucher from 1 of the self serve registers, I got one of the staff girls to help me as I was having trouble. The girl helped me and left me to collect the receipt printing out, as I grabbed the piece of paper that came out (thinking it was my Recharge voucher), without looking at it I popped it straight in my wallet and left as I am 6 months pregnant and I was with my 18 month old daughter who was crying in the trolley. It was 10:30pm when I thought I better recharge my credit as I had a hospital appointment the next day, I pulled out my voucher I had a at look for the 12 digit recharge pin and it was nowhere.

I had a closer look at the paper and it was just a receipt showing that I purchased a Virgin recharge not Vodaphone. There was no voucher attached anywhere under the receipt. It was too late to call Macquarie fields Woolworths as it was closed by then. I then went to see them at 7am the next day, and I spoke to the morning Manager there Michelle, she was no help at all, she asked me if I can wait or come back later as she will need to call the night manager that was on the night before to see if someone had left my voucher behind the counter etc, etc, and also she will need to print off some report off the register to prove I had purchased my voucher from where I said I did. As I had an hospital appointment at 7:30am I couldnt wait around so I told her I will be back after my appointment.

I returned to see her at 12:30pm Michelle was on her lunch break, lucky for me she was just on her way back from her break, I waited for about 20mins and Michelle came to me a bunch of paperwork showing that I had purchased a voucher from there, yes but I didnt get a voucher I only got a receipt! she then said if I can bring the Virgin voucher back she can cancel it and reissue me with a Vodaphone Voucher otherwise there is nothing else they can do. I told her numerous times that I never left with a voucher I only had a receipt! she then said she will need to go and see another store manager, I dont know who coz he/she never came and showed there face, they just hid behind the walls and just told Michelle to tell me there is nothing else they could do, so basically I paid for nothing!

Michelle made no effort to help me, she just gave me the run around, made me wait, come back, and still nothing! Thanks alot Woolworths, Thanks for nothing! I deserve some sort of compensation for all my travel and time leaving my daughter with my Mother so I can try and go and get my credit and public transport reimbursment for travelling to and from Woolworths 2 different times a day, but most of all a refund for $26.10 that I paid for my Vodaphone recharge I never left the store with.

I was shopping at umina woolies on sat 29-12-12 at abt 6:15 there were 2 big registers open plus 3 items regusters & 3 self checkouts opened & at least 30people lined up at items & self checkouts & 4 at normal registers as i am a local & its holiday time i feel that to stand in a lineup for more than 5mins i find very annoying & the young at self checkouts never appologised for the wait but was too busy swinging her keys around while customers where getting annoyed with the wait because 2 self checkouts were closed apparently due to crashing all we asked as customers is to be informed of what wait was all about but the young wasnt even intetested in her job i will never shop at that store again to incompotent staff members ….

Since the 28 Nov 12 until 1 Jan 13 Woolworths in SA has been offering 2 for 1 at BWS for Matua Marlborough Sav Blanc. On 2 occasions I presented the dockets to two separate BWS outlets, to be told that they don’t have any of the wine in stock. On both occasions I left without purchase. This is a blatant case of misadvertising to get customers to visit BWS in the expectation that they will buy other product. It also shows the lack of Woolworths commitment to honouring company commitments (The dockets do not suggest the offer is while stocks last). I have better success with these type of offers with Wollworths’ competition and will be using them in future. I shall look on these offers with much suspicion and distrust in the future. In a time when trust is a rarefied comodity in retailing, Wollworths management should taks a careful look at their fraudulent promotions.

I recently shopped at Woolworth Nightcliff in Darwin nt, I was extremely disappointed and angry in the customer service I received, I was there to ask for a refund on two item I ha brought which I was charged wrong for I receive emails from you and I know that if a customer is charger wrong they then get the whole amount of the item refunded to them which I was not.

The ladies at the service desk continued to argue with me and tell me I was wrong.! They. Then only refunded one amount of part of the item. I am upset as I have received shocking customer service and was not even helped correctly in the end. I will NOT be shopping at woolworths Nightcliff again because of those two ladies!.

This is a genuine complaint, I do not go out of my way to winge about trivial things.but I am so frustrated and appalled in the quality of produce and lac of staff care and more so knowledge or experience in the dayly preparation in your fruit and vegetable section not to mention disgusting state of shelving in the meat department I worked at this store glenhuntly for six years. So I have seen the care for your customers and the quality dissappear it has no baring on the fact that this store is being refurbished that will not change the quality of produce provided I have shopped at this store for twenty years each time I walk through the produce department I feel sick in the guts with the crap overripe Rotherham and withered mess that you provide your customers with. Yesterday I filmed with my iPhone the wrinkled up yellow potatoes rostering tomates, lettuce with slime apples with spots and the mess on the meat department shelf inc dried blood on rusty shelving with paint lifting.i am posting it on YouTube under the heading woolworths glenhuntly and sending a copy to Coles new world elsternwick who put your staff to shame and a copy to the health department and consumer affairs because you make me sick your staff are lazy dirty and have no commitment providing your shoppers with quality I would be speaking for eighty percent of the shoppers at your store. My name is David baker my contact number is 0419755046.

I purchased a pack of Chistmas Mince Pies this morning as a treat for my colleagues. When opened, they were pale and tasted dreadful. We had to hunt for the filling and the pastry was really disgusting. What a disappointment! Although – why was I disappointed? The hot cross buns I purchased at Easter were as insipid and doughy as these pies. I am 61 years old and have supported Woolworths always but I will not be purchasing anything again. I’m wasting my hard-earned cash. This is not my only complaint as I have had bas service and clothing incorrectly sized during the last two years. What has happened to good old Wollies where you got value for money?

Well I have never seen this happen before in my life, about noon yesterday Woolworths Mowbray store (Nth Tasmania)ran out of shopping bags. I got to the checkout and its taking ages to get through and the girl is very apologetic and when its my turn im told they have run out of bags and are using garbage bags off the shelf to pack peoples groceries, what a shammozzle I feel so sorry for your staff as they were great under such duress and improvising best they could.

It was just an awful experience I should have just dumped my trolley and gone home, packing the shopping into garbage bags was just a disaster, not only me but others in the car park had groceries going everywhere as we were trying to transfer the bags to our cars and the flimsy bags broke and dumped the contents on the ground. Why couldnt they have used all teh available green bags ?

I know they may have an excuse but the other launceston store was out as well so to me the management and procurment leaders employed at woollies may need to think about a career change – It was a bit like the pub with no beer story gee if I turned up at the bottle shop and they said sorry we don’t have any cartons to put your beer in we can put 24 cans in garbage bags for you what do you think would happen !

you know there’s a new Coles being built across the road and after today I cant wait for it to open even though I have never been a coles fan. And you know this doesn’t even start to describe the problems I had when I got home trying to unload the stuff.

On Monday the 5th of march i went into woolworths at bateau bay bay village I was In the dairy department when I slipped on some water in the middle of the isle I was lucky I didn’t fall to the floor but was quite concerned that this may happen to someone else so I approached a gentlemen in the isle who was a senior and told him that he required a wet floor sign in that part.

he just looked at me and said there is paper towel there when I looked backed there was paper towel over the whole isle that clearly wasn’t doing anything I am disgusted at this response I am 3 months pregnant and classed as a high risk pregnancy due to previous miscarries if I had in fact fallen to the floor I would have no doubt that is possibly could have caused another miscarry I understand that there was water.

but I am not happy at the fact that the whole store including the meat department had paper towel shoved over leaking water but not one wet floor sign I am so angry that I will never shop at a woolworths store again I will now be going to Coles. I am not upset about the water I am upset at the response of the team member and at the fact it was obvious that there was a freezer and no signs to warn customers of the slip

I believe one buys ‘supposedly’ good quality at a higher value than competitors for a reason. I bought milk, 2×6 pack of low fat long life milk and a 6 pack of full cream early Feb 2012 so that the milk can last me longer. A first, I received promotional mail saying 1.5l milk on sale, instead, only to find it was 1l bottles in a six pack on sale at the Potchefstroom mooiriver branch. Nonetheless i bought the 3 six packs though disappointed but later discovered it was at selected stores only.

When i opened my second bottle of milk out of the 12 low fat milk pack,in the last week of Feb, i found out it was spoilt. I called in the customer services no. and tried to report the matter. The lady assisting me told me what kind of info was needed so i asked her to give me a call back at 13h30 but she never did. The following Day i called in again and Cindy was very helpful and apologised on behalf of the previous call centre agent and Woolworths Stores. I gave her the information she needed and she promised the matter will be resolved within 7 days, which i did not have a problem with.

Then on monday, the 5th of March, i received an sms saying i should go collect my gift card worth of R150. I feel it is so impersonal and rude of Woolworths to do that without apologising. I immediately called Woolworths customer services to try and understand how do they do that and guess who i got on the call…the very same Akhona who did not return my call. I tried to explain my concern and frustration and she plainly told me she will not entertain my arguement. A cherry on top, when i reminded her that she never returned my call, she did not even bother to apologise!

I wonder why do we keep unconsiderate and unsympathetic people on customer services! Place people like her in other divisions, they are not doing you any good and will chase customer away, like i feel i want nothing to do with your store at the moment. You sell good quality stuff to be honest but such behavior from staff is not acceptable. I was willing to let this go as we all make mistakes both as individuals and companies but this service sucked. The 1 thing i know for sure now is that Woolworths can also be sure of one loyal customer lost!

Hello, For the first time ever I took Woolworths advertising to heart and planned our Xmas fare around the exciting special menu and products – punted in the magazine. Imagine my huge disappoitment and frustration when I got to the Sandton store only to find ….firstly staff didnt really know what I was talking about and secondly after being pretty persistent and finding someone who did have a clue….. to be told “Sorry No Stock” Out wonderful Xmas meal deteriorated into one or two items that I finally located at the Hyde Park store – where staff were again clueless.

I have spent a fair bit with Wollies – not all of which is visible because I dont always have my card on me and felt pretty aggrieved. Lets say loyalty has slipped quite a bit. Im finding Spar a lot more helpful and friendly …….. and its a shame really cause the one or 2 products I did manage to get gave me a taste of what we had missed. You should have visited the store earlier I hear you say ………… and/or we didnt realize the items would be so popular and under ordered……excuses really….not reasons.

When going into redeem the Herald Sun voucher Woolwoths Eastwood Street outlet. What a disappointment it was to have only 4 legs available to purchase all priced between$45-$66 range.On enquiring if there was other legs available the answer was a big NO. Registered disappointment with Manager and told No Rain Checks, but there was a new supply coming tomorrow 24th Jan still no good to take advantage of $10 saving. My feeling was on this promotional gimmick that there was only going to have large legs available.

Cant say it was a rip off because I made no purchase at that extremely inflated price.

I went to the Deli department at Ballina Fair Woolworths and was served by the rudest person I have ever had to deal with first the fact I wanted a quarter of of BBQ chicken (why do you advertise to sell as a quarter if the staff resent having to cut) then god forbid I wanted some seafood and that did not go down well . Got to the checkout and discovered that instead of marking my two items chicken and seafood both chicken . I was not going back to Deli as staff sooooo rude so the nice lady at the service desk checked and said it was cheaper anyway.

I will never ever set foot in Ballina Fair Woolies again and will tell all my friends what a shocking place to shop it is .

I am a pensioner residing in the Lower South Coast KZN and where we do not have many shopping options. I have always been an avid Woolworths supporter but am getting very disillusioned by the poor standard of food items available to us at the Shelley Beach branch.
Yesterday was a good example – Your full cream milk has as little cream as your low fat and fat free versions. Are you trying to save by dispensing inferior products into Full Cream bottles? I think YES. The fat free Sweet Thai Chilli cream cheese container was only 2/3 full – again, are Woolworths stealing from the public? YES

Worst case was your chocolate cream cake!! This delicious looking item has supposedly a layer of cream in the middle throughout. We happened to open the cake up and there is only about 15 mm of actual tasteless cream on the outer circumference of the cake – nothing on the inside at all. Come on you Woolworths guys, is there no Quality Control or is Shelley Beach just a poor relation being supplied with second rate products. I hope someone at WW has the courage to address these complaints of mine.

I’m very disappointed about the service from Woolworths financial service, I’ve send an email on the 2nd of November 2011 No respond from them, I have lost my instore card, and went to one of the branches to request a temporary card I was told Woolies don’t do temp card anymore I must wait for 6weeks for a new card, I was very angry and disgusted, then I ask when did this new rule or policy began, did you inform customer’s if yes what method was used as I receive my statement very month why I did not receive such communication, its inconvenient for me, and need to use my card, preferred Store is Menlyn.

Please send my request and approval of my Temp Card, every case there must be exception. Maybe because I used to work for Woolworths that’s why my complain is not consider.

I went to woolworths Maponya mall yesterday with my sister inlaw who is over 8 months pregnant we purchased a few items left and we got home she realised she left her phone in the woolworths trolley we were using. We called the phone it was still ringing so we hurried back to the parking area trying to locate the trolley. We were told that the trolleys had been taken in we got there and found that they were letting the last few customers out and but the security gaurd Mxolisi was there he was not helpful at all was not intrested in trying to hear what we were telling him.

Some other gentle man called Vusi who also works for woolworths was going out to either lock the doors we explained our issue and he listened let us in, Mxolisi was shouting at him for letting us in and continued to make an ass out of himself in our presence. We got to the trolley and when we called it we could hear that the cellphone was in one of the trolleys and we managed to find it. This really tarnished my image of woolworths don’t the security gaurds who work for woolworths get proper training inregards to customer service.

Had he handled the issue differently if he thought we were going in to try shop he could have found someone to escourt us to go look for the phone. We would like to also thank Vusi for assisting us to find phone.

AFter phoning Woolworths financial services durring the last 4 weeks spending almost 20 hours on the phone with vsrious peopla and departments not 1 person is able to give me the balance of my woolworths credit card. I have not received a statement in over 3 years. I have not received a call sms email or postal letter regarding my account. I have been told i have been handed over and this information reflects ob my credit record now but no collections agency used by Woolworths has any record of my account. I have laid 3 complaints to woolowrths customer service department via there constants emails as you are not able to call them directly apparently.

No on is able to help or even knkows how to help me or who I can call. Everytime some ones says they will phone me back they never do. I am so frustrated by this disgusting service I have received. I am handed over but no one can tell my why or even how much i owe to set this account in order for it to be removed? Logically thinking how on earth can Wooloworth – who is a financia services company not be able to give my something as simply as an outstanding balance?? It is insane and I trully have no words to discribe the incompetence of this company.

They shoul dbe bane from provding financial services to anyone as they have no service abilites.

On the 25th 07/2011 I walked to Maponya Mall to find one of my brothers a birthday present. As usual I walked to Woolworths Store. I then got fascinated by this jacket for R599 witch I thought he would like I then paid for it with my bank debit Card. The next day I took the present to my brother but the guy never liked the jacket then on the 27th I took back the disliked jacket to the same store in Maponya Mall. I then explained to the lady behind the counter as per my reason for being in the store she then pulled the pack from my hand in a very rude manner without saying a word back to me she left with the item.

Within 3to 5min she came back with another lady whom approached me to say No we cannot except the item I then immediately said to HER but I got the cash payment receipt .she the turned around to say the item is no more in a resalable condition I then demanded some clarity to that she then said no the is cigarettes in the pockets I then said please give them to me No she could . she then turned around to say no she had to go get her manager as she couldn’t give me anything the manager guy by the name of Tebogo very arrogant said to me the jacket has some Odor smell under the arms I then disputed that as I know for the fact that the jacket was never been abused in any way since I was under the same roof with my brother.

I was driven to frustration as I felt being treated like a shop lifter by store stuff and they Manager I was left with no choice but to dump them with the jacket with my receipt. I then called the customer service on the same day to lay my complain up till today I never had from Woolworths.

Have you noticed how majority of staff at woolworths petrol are unhappy due to moral problems and lack of training. Workers are expected to work by themselves with minimum training and when they ask for help are told they should know. Quite simply the whole woolworths petrol systems relies on bare minimum staff to keep prices down, this is okay but there should be some way that there is a better support for staff. Staff are overworked, put up with numerous customer complaints as they are the frontline of the business, they work for minimum wage and the amount of people suffering from work related issues is numerous.

So much for a family orientated business woolworths markets itself on. They cannot even look after own staff.

I went into Woolworths in Jean avenue Centurion. Bought a few things like I always do. Went to the cashier, she scanned the items. I gave her my standard bank card. She swiped it 3 times and said it was declined. I said I would draw the money but for some odd reason none of the ATM’s worked, I guessed standard bank must be off line. So I drove to the next place, to see if I could draw money. Due to me not be able to buy it there I went to another store to buy the things I needed. To my surprise it went off from my account. So now what?

I was humiliated in front of a whole store, I didn’t took my items home as my card was declined 3 times according to the cashier, so I paid for what exactly?

Woolworths call centres are a waste of time and money!! For 2 days I have been calling, faxing and emailing. Emails don’t get responded to and calls don’t get returned. Every time you call you get through to a different person who you then have to explain the whole sob story again to or leave a message for the 5 other people who you originally spoke who never return calls. In-between this you get cut off after holding 20 min!! I find it ridiculous that the very same documents that FNB will accept to change details they will not!!! Woolworths spend less money on your adverts and more on your call centres and training up your staff!!! Your service is PATHETIC!!!

Have feedback for Woolworths?