Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by A
Jan 18, 2015 - Calgary, AB
Bad

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty. I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

Have you had problems with Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

Top 143 Reviews about Sony

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Sony customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Poor

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Horrible

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Bad

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Bad

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Bad

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Bad

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Poor

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Bad

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 08.03.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market ....

That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony ... and Thanks

Horrible

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Bad

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Horrible

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Bad

I bought the PS3 super slim about 6 months ago, and it have been nothing but the worst piece of machinery i have ever bought from you. 1. It's noisy. It makes a ton of different sounds that are loud and annoying. 2. It's overall performance is so bad! Just starting a game takes me 3 tries, and when i finally get down to playing it freezes.
I'm a big fan of the playstation and have owned every one you have made, and i can honestly say that the super slim is the worst.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Frederik Borring Edslev on 08/30/2013 about Sony. This opinions contained in this Sony complaint titled, "PS3 Super Slim - Slow, noisy and bad." do not reflect the opinion of the website.

Poor

I bought notebook vaio Sony from Egypt. Purchase date 14 / 8 / 2012 and did not use it until one month on April i found cabinet always empty after 5 days off without using it. i asked IBS to solve this problem because notebook until now into warranty but the main problem i found ibs has not any Authorized service center into Alexandria which means this is problem because they cannot cover all Egypt. Ibs take the items which have a problem to Cairo when customer pay to them 75 L.E even the notebook into warranty Although they did not come especially to customer but the Ibs car come to bring or take goods from Alexandra city center Carrefour store. They take my notebook from 24/ 4 / 2013 until now they did not solve my problem and do not care about my complain. And refuse solve the problem although notebook into warranty. How Ibs take transfer charges to solve the problem i think i bough item which good brand and they don't care about the brand name. You must give customer good Authorized service center worldwide if you have not this is your problem. and when Ibs receive my notebook from me from the first why did not told the problem before send it to Cairo and make me pay 75 L.E without solve my problem. Where is vaio Customer service? Please solve to me this problem very quickly I need my netbook.

Poor

I purchased a SONY VAIO laptop VPCEG18FG model in August 2011. Earlier I found that it was quite good to appear and light weight to carry, but over the time I found that besides being light weight the quality of the plastic material used in the laptop was not up to the mark . Many surfaces of the laptop just get pressed easily like its very thin layer and might break anytime.The materials used by other companies appear to be much stronger than SONY VAIO with almost equivalent weight and other features. Also the screen of the laptop has got very loose and also started moving left and right even after handling the laptop with so much of care.

I really thought that SONY makes world class quality products I strongly feel hat it isn't true. I am really disappointed to see such a trustworthy company making such low quality products. I don't no what to do further with my laptop as I am not sure what kind of problem might appear anytime in its surfaces. Please tell me what should I do now.

Horrible

Sony refuses to repair a known issue with their vaio laptops using the AMD processor where the GPU chip over heats and requires a re flow of the solder.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Matt Dickerson on 09/18/2013 at IP address 69.35.203.247 using our Sony computers complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sony computers customer review titled, "impossible service department" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Horrible

I'm starting to notice a trend with 3rd party games released on the PS3. It seems PS3 owners are always plagued with issues such as bugs, frame rate drops, and other issues that aren't present on the competition. Two examples I'll mention are Skyrim and Call of Duty games (There are others I'm sure). I understand that Sony does not develop these games, but Sony is responsible for what publishers are allowed to release on their console. Skyrim on PS3 is almost unplayable, due to extreme frame rate drops once the save file of the game reaches a large size. It seems like PS3 gamers are always getting the shaft.

My issue with Sony is this, if developers aren't going to treat all platforms fairly, they lose the right to develop the game for the platform they favor least. It would be in Sony's best interest to make sure third party developers aren't giving PS3 owners an inferior product. If games I play on PS3 that are also on the competition always run better on the competition, why not just switch to the competition? It's issues like this that will cause customers to switch over. They are tarnishing your reputation. There were zero exclusive titles that I cared about on XBOX (had to mention it here), but I ended up buying one simply because XBOX gamers aren't treated like second rate gamers by third party developers. Not all third party developers are doing this, but some are. Just so happens these developers are making the most popular games.

In closing, I hope Sony can put a tighter grasp on these third party developers and ensure that PS3 versions of games are on par with the competition. There's no reason why they shouldn't be. Needless to say, if this trend continues, I won't be purchasing the next generation Playstation console.

Horrible

Shame on Future Shop for recommending it. I have tried to get it working for over a year!. I only ever had one book download sucessfully then the screen froze. the power does not hold. Sony have done nothing to help me. They won't refund the money because it was a gift. It's their product! They should stand behind it!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Stephanie on 09/09/2013 at IP address 206.152.4.66 using our SONY complaint form. This opinions contained in this SONY customer review titled, "Sony Reader is Garbage, a waste of Money. " do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Bad

I had purchased 1 sony led 3d tv model KDL40HX750 on 06.10.2012. At that time ther was an offer of free 8 gb pre loaded pen drive with that tv which i was given with that tv. But when i used that i found that it is not working, it is a defective/corrupted device. when i reported to the dealer, the dealer advised me to report to customer care and when i reported to customer care they advised me to talk to dealer. The fact is that the dealer is 300 km away from me. Is it possible to visit to the dealer for that small reason frequently?
In the circumstances i would like to request to look into the matter and arrange to solve this problem by replacing with a new one.

Horrible

I ordered a Sony tv thru she sony online sore. It never arrived. I called to inquire about it, after another of couple of days, they said my reship had been authorized, which I never had requested. When I called back to request some sort of expedited service I was told that was not possible. When I requested an email address to express my dissatisfaction, I was told there was none, when I requested a phone number, again I was told there was none. They did give me a snail mail address. I would have thought a tech company would be a little more with it and would like to hear about their consumers experiences, apparently not. Hopefully I will see the tv eventually.

Contact the Sony Complaint Department