Customer Service Rating
2.12 out of 5 Stars
Based on 132 Votes

Sony Complaints

send your feedback directly to the corporate office

Sony Corporation (www.sony.com) is a multifaceted international conglomerate of electronics, media and entertainment. There are two major divisions, Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. According to hoover.com, revenues for 2015 were reported as US 68 billion, down from 2011 report of US 86 billion. Sony employs over 131,000 and is publicly traded on the NYSE:SNE.

If you need to contact Sony for customer service the main number to call is 1-800-222-7669. It has been suggested that you press “0” three times, ignoring the ‘error’ message. If you would like to contact the American CEO, you may address postal correspondence to Michael Lynton at one of two addresses. Sony Corporation of America, 550 Madison Avenue #3, New York, NY 10022 and the corporate phone number is 212-833-6800.

Sony Computer Entertainment American, Inc has a postal address of 10075 Barnes Canyon Rd., San Diego, CA 92121. The main Sony Corporation headquarters is in Tokyo, Japan and the CEO there is Kazuo Hirai.

Founded in 1946 by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuku the Sony mission is: ‘everything we do is to move you emotionally’ or ‘inspire and fulfill your curiosity’. Another ‘by line’ is creating unique new cultures and experiences. You may scroll down and find this inside story on design inspiration of interest. Social media presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.

Is Sony ripping you off?

File your complaint here first!

Sony Contact Information

The best way to reach a live person fast
  • Corporate headquarters address

212-833-6722

• Hours of operation

9am-5pm PST

Top 132 Sony Customer Service Reviews

Recent consumer ratings and reviews submitted online

I purchased a Sony television online, from Walmart. Since I had the tv ( one year in July) there has been a delay in the remote to the tv. The action does not work until seconds after you press the buttons. They decided to send me another remote. The remote they sent me was a little faster but still delayed. Now they have decided to send me a repair man to fix the problem. However they require me to remove the tv from the mount. I explained to Sony several times that I can't remove the tv from the mount because of a medical condition. They told me that is the only option I have. So now I am stuck with a dysfunctional tv. I apologize that I have no one to help me remove the tv from the mount. I don't know when I can find the help. Why can't they just exchange the tv? Or get a refund?

Comment (0)

My 6 month old television is out and Sony apparently wants me to work on it myself rather than warranty their product. Your process is not satisfactory to consumer needs. This leads me to believe that you would rather wear your customers out with a long process rather than just service the product. I am not a tech savy person and I do not have time to do what your service people need to do in the first place. Given this I do not believe I will ever buy another Sony product.

Comment (0)

I purchased a ps3 for my granddaughter for christmas and she played it exactly 8 times and it quit working. Fortunately, I had purchased the insurance to repair. They have had it since 02/29/16. When I have called, they said it would be sent out in 3-5days and the last call which was 4/29/16 they said they didn't know when it would be sent out. I purchased this system in good faith and they have had plenty of time to repair. I want this system repaired immediately or replaced. This is unacceptable to me.

Comment (0)

I bought a Sony nex 7 with several lenses on January 2015 the camera stop taking pictures. I send the camera for repair at digital Image repair center . these company charged me around $345.00 to fix the camera. I went to Archaeological sites in Mexico and my camera nex 7 never work. your customer department gave me an electronic number E60930432 and it was unable to send any information to your costumer department. Sony had in the pass good reputation caring about Sony Brand Name now is no longer keeping the quality. I have 2 choices. Repair my camera or change for one similar or equal. Receive my nex 7 as 50% and buy a new one that work with all my lenses it is much investment in a camera and lenses.

Comment (3)

Four years ago I purchased a Sony Cybershot 16.2, camera. It has produced excellent photos on numerous vacations, however, when I went to use it today, and after charging it overnight, it has stopped working. Is four years about the limit of your camera's operations?

Comment (0)

I bought a Sony Blue-Ray DVD player from Wal-Mart, which with taxes cost me $94.o6, but due to my age (69 yrs.. old) I'm not to high-tech mentally knowledgeable to program the DVD player. So I made several toll free calls to Sony's technical-support centers, with each attempt, either it was an out dated phone number, or either I was hung upon immediately after some would answer the line. After several attempts, I finally just gave up. Oh yes, I also bought a 60 inch Sony TV that same day, but I'm taking both back, and will never again buy another Sony product.

Comment (0)

I can't verify my ps4 preventing me from doing everything that the console is designed for resulting in me becoming quite frustrated and considering selling it. I get a message stating an email has been sent to me and telling me to check my inbox, but how can I check my inbox if I cant verify it.

Comment (0)

Had issues with my Sony Z2 back in Oct 2015. Phone was slightly over one year warranty. Didn't offer me a courtesy extension. Phone started acting up again in Nov. Again no help cause phone was out of warranty. I emailed Sony about 100 times. Eventually sent phone away for repair. $100 for faulty battery - had they offered me the courtesy warranty extension I wouldn't have had the other issues.

Comment (0)

I purchase a Sony Z 5 compact on the 27 DECEMBER 2015 And I was informed by the consultant that I can take pictures underwater. I did take pictures underwater and the phone switched off after viewing pictures. I took it in on the 2 January 2016. And the form was completed and I was told the warranty has been voided. Imei no 354282074631264 reason being water went through the charger port and mtn tells me water went through and charging port. This phone is water proof all ports were sealed and the charging part has no seal. so how can it be any fault of mine.. I have yet not received proper feedback to the exact fault on the phone. Disgusted with the pathetic service both from Mtn and Sony.

Comment (0)

After 18 months of owning my ps4 it stopped reading disc. It's never been damaged and the disc are brand new. Of course this happens soon as my warranty is up ! Sony told me I could pay $150 to get it repaired but why should I have to pay for something that I didn't break. The product is defected and Sony is aware but refuse to fix the problem! I've spent $600 on this game. For it to break in under 2 years. This has happen to me and half the people I know that own PS4. This is wrong and something needs to be done.

Comment (0)

My PS3 suddenly stopped playing disk games for some reason... & now i want to put my account on my dads PS3... My dad just recently passed away on 10-29-15 at about 11:00 PM & his PS3 is now mine... & my PS3 is junk so I need to put my account on my dads PS3 so i can play disk games again... if u need my PS3's SERIAL number it is SERIAL : CG219054191 - CECH 2001A & my PSN account is Wolf_Lover14 so please send me an email telling me what my password is so i can put my account on my dads PS3... please, I need to be able to play GTAV again. Thank-You.

Comment (0)

Have Sony XBR65X850B Ultra HD TV bot in March 2015, cost over $2500. Saturday TV stopped working, no picture, no functions, no nothing. Called Sony, they are closed on weekends.
Called Monday morning, told to call back later or tomorrow as "the system is down". Called back 2 hours later, spoke with several broken English foreigners, was placed on hold several times for 5+ minutes, am now told that a pert is on order for my TV and someone will call me sometime. 1 hour, 7 minutes on this call. And we thought Comcast was bad, these people want to do business in the U.S., charge top dollar for their products, ignore problems, outsource their "service call centers" to some rathole and expect us to be happy. Last Sony product for me.

Comment (1)

My A77mk2 has gotten so hot 3 times that I can not touch it. It drains the batteries. I also have a grip. I sent the camera in when it was less than five months old with this problem. I was told nothing is wrong with it. Last month the camera got warm, and drained the batteries. Tonight I had to cancel a shoot, because it happened again only worse!!! It was so hot I had to let it cool to touch it. I am very disappointed, because I spent thousands buying Sony products, and have been satisfied. I will not wait until this camera melts. As hot as it got, it had to destroy internal parts. I depend upon a dependable camera, and this is my 4th from Sony. I can not afford to start over with a different camera brand, and I should have not to. I want a new camera. I am afraid to use this camera, and I should not pay almost $1000 for something less than a year old, and take the batteries out when not using. I am beyond upset. That my camera was not fixed correctly the first time. I do not trust Sony repairs. Either give me a new camera or if this camera burns me, I will contact every news channel I can find to share my Sony complaints.

Comment (0)

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Comment (0)

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Comment (0)

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Comment (0)

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Comment (0)

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Comment (0)

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Comment (0)

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Comment (0)

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Comment (0)

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Comment (3)

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Comment (0)

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Comment (0)

I bought a Sony 330A digital camera off of ebay on May 5th of 2011. Just shortly after my purchase I noticed a malfunction on the camera. I called the seller and was told they could not find anything wrong with it after sending it back to them for review. They suggested that I call the Sony customer service department to see what they could do as it was supposed to be under warranty. I spoke directly with a SONY representative. She asked me where I purchased the camera, when and from who.

I specifically asked if since I made my purchase off ebay if the camera was still under warranty and was told YES. I was also told that the warranty was good for one year after the date of my purchase. I specifically asked this question because if it weren't under warranty, I would send it back to the seller NOT to SONY for either repairs or my money back. Shortly after i sent the camera to SONY for the repairs I received an e-mail with a bill but not a single statement as to what the issue was and how it was fixed.

ONLY a bill for the labor and repairs. I sent one back saying, I don't think so and who blindly pays for a repair that is not explained. You don't go to your mechanic and tell him to charge you whatever for whatever he does to your vehicle? That would be costly and outrageous. Got a call the next day from another SONY rep telling me that my purchase off of ebay was NOT under warranty and oh so sorry for your wasted shipping costs and time vested and that their representative was wrong.

I asked to speak to someone of higher authority and was told "NO". Unbelieveable that SONY, as large as they are, has such poor, mistrained representatives and such poor customer service. In the real world, if you make a claim, you own up to it whether or not it cost your company money or not. I will be going to every single website I can to let everyone know what a rip off this company is as they were more than willingly to blindly accept my money and to not buy any products if you ever plan on having to fix them under their so called warranty.

Comment (0)

I asked for a refund receipt in an email to be sent to me to give to my bank so they can try to get my refund which Sony said they had given to my bank and to call the back because it is up to them now. Sony will not give it to me and will not give me a manager to talk to or the complaints department phone number or call me back even though they state in the recording that you hear when you call them that you can get a call back if you press 1 and leave your number.

Comment (0)

Dear Sir or Madam, Complaint about faulty goods I bought a PS3 from you a couple years ago, I paid around £270 for it and whilst i acknoledge my ps3 is out of warrenty i am very upset and disapointed how ive been dealt with whislt contacting your customer support service. I turned on my PS3 and was asked to perform a update which i did, upon returnning to the console i found it to be off! Once i turned it back on there was nothing on the screen, there was no power cut nor was the console turned off so it shouldnt of broken but it has. I've always purchased sony products as i see them as the best and this is infact my third PS3 which ive had a problem with!

I am tired of paying out money to fix a product that shouldnt be faulty afer a couple years! I contacted your customer support and performed all the troubleshooting and they told me i have to pay over £100 plus to fix/repair my PS3 Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose this product was broken by yet another update from PSN, I request that you repair the goods at no cost to me as i am seriously thinking about not buying sony products anymore as it seems im always paying out more money on a product that shoyuldnt need repairing. Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Comment (0)

I paid top dollar for a 55" Sony LED 3d TV. I've had it for 16 months and now there is no picture. The red LED standby light blinks 4 times. The manual says to call the number on the cover and report the number of times the LED blinks to Customer Service and they will tell you how to proceed. Well, Customer Service is outsourced and the people I reached don't know how to interpret the LED blink rate. All they can do is refer you to a service center located 67 miles from my house.

I could go on about the numerous calls to local repair shops etc., but all the results are pretty much the same. I wish I could find some decent trouble-shooting steps to try and isolate the problem myself. I really don't want to pay someone half the price of the TV to get it fixed.

Comment (0)

I called Sony helpline no. today @9.05 AM on toll free no. from mobile no. for my Sony VIAO drivers support details: E-series (VPCEH25EN) S.N no.:27544376-7015275. As i change my OS WIN7 home Edition preinstalled to WIN7 Professional due to my organizational needs. But I spoke with one of your technical desk, she told unable to provide me the correct link over phone. Then i insists to provide me reference no.ticket I.D on this call, that was also not provided to me, then I insist to transfer this call to senior lead to whom I get the support he put me on hold for a min. & come back with answer no one available at the moment & told me to call back after some time.

Finally I asked for escalation matrix but she also not aware with that also & again I request for ticket I.D then she replied server not responding & she unable to provide me any kind of support technically & operationally to get this escalate & she cut the call & said called me after some time then after I called back saying all executive is busy.

Team requested you to please be on check on these types of call attitude with customer & End user support, help me to get this resolved ASAP.

Comment (0)

As a keen and avid gamer , over the years ive spent thousands of pounds on sony products and actively enjoy using many of sonys online services , including playstation at home. myself and many of my friends have been subjected to abuse on numerous occasions . from the same individuals, many of my friends ,particlairly female ones, have endured what id call harrassment and cyber bullying. These bullys recieve bans for their actions but the same people get round it by setting up new emails and accounts and still persist , some people on my friends list have even sought advice from the police over this , something must be done about this , especially with the recent tragic events in the media.

Comment (0)

Dear Sir, This is from faridabad, I buy a digital camera of sony(DSC-W310/PC E37) from croma showroom on date 15.08.10 WITH A WARRENTY OF 3YEARS.ON 8.10.2011 I notice that the zoom of my camera is not working properly and picture quality is not as fine as usal so i submitted it to croma (from where i buy the product)on date 9/10/11 they told me to get it after 10 days & also mention on recienving that there is problem with its focus and picture quality ,picture is coming but not so clear.

on 15.10.11 i got a call from service centre of sony that there is physical damage in your product which was not at the time when i submiit it to croma.when i went to see the physical damage at sony service centre 5c/6 BP railway road niit faridabad than Mr. Anjani head of that centre told me that dont complaint here you had buy the product from croma so complaint in croma and we got the product in this condition,and at that time camera was in dead condition. i mean when i submitt the camera it was working,, the only problem was with its zoom now it is not coming even in start condition.

sir, i dont know that whoes mistake is this wheather, but my product is mishandeled by someone and now they are just stamping it to me. i also has a recieving from croma that the problem is only with zoom and there is no physical damage on camera , but now there is visible dents on camera .croma is supporting me but sony service centre is not.please solve this problem as soon as possible. thank you.

Comment (0)

As a disabled cancer survior i saved up and purshed a 52 inch Sony TV.because we live on a fixed income the tv was to be our family entertainment.the warranty is up but the tv was only good for less than two years ,warranty or no warranty a 1,300 tv should last longer than two years.the whole tv screen needs to be replaced at the cost of 1,300 ddollars plus labor. I have spent two weeks on the phone with sony and did everything they ask only to be told that the best they can do is give me a week to buy a smaller tv for 679.00 plus tax.if you remember i started out this lletterlettersaying that i am disable and on a fixed income, i had to save a long time for that Sony TV and don t have money laying around.we thought sony was the best and would stand behind their product.

i am begging to think not.i am not ask for a free Sony TV but aleast a more reanable price and time to come up with the money.i feel that happy custmors

Comment (0)

There is not enough room here to detail my complaint which has been ongoing for the past seven months in which time I have been 11 weeks without a TV. I purchased a Sony Bravia on the 21/12/10 at a cost of $998. I live on my own in rural South Australia and for this reason my TV is very important to me. Over the next 7months the TV would intermittently turn off just after being turned on. However after hitting the on/off switch a few times the TV would resume normal function.

Living in a remote area with the closest service centre being 172kilometres away I could not guarantee that the problem would be observed by a repairer due to its infrequency in occurrence. On the 27/07/11 seven months after purchase the TV turn off and would not resume normal function. I contacted the place of purchased and told to ring Sony. TV was collected and repaired total time without TV 20days. Eighteen days after TV was return the same problem was experienced. At this time I expressed my concerns to Sony that this was a faulty machine due to the problem experienced since date of purchase and I requested a replacement. This request was denied. TV again sent for repair total time without a TV 35days.

With the upgraded conponent that was installed the TV worked for 5.5months then on the 19/02/12 for the third time same problem. I contacted Sony Mon 20/02/12 it took 4 days for Sony to contact me re; a solution. Sony was to again arrange for my TV to be collect and sent to repairer for a report. Sony had Thursday afternoon from 2.30pm, all day Friday and Monday to make these arrange however by 3.30pm Monday afternoon no arrangements had been forecoming. I travelled 172klms and delivered the TV myself. I phoned Sony at 4.00pm Mon to find out why no arrangements had been made to collect my TV only to be told by customer service that a return call from Sony Customer relations would take 24hours. 24hours later no phone call.

After waited a futher 20.5hours for a return call I again contacted Sony at 12.30pm Wed this time I was told by customer service that they would urgently request a return call from Customer relations. 4.00pm Wed 29/02/12 Customer Relations rang and informed me that they had the report from the repairs "same problem for the third time" and that a replacement TV would be sent to the repairer and then couriered to me. By Mon 05/03/12 still no arrangements had been made to send new TV. Tuesday 06/03/12 Sony Customer Relations Officer rang to tell me that I had to send an email giving Sony permission to keep my original TV and that I would accept a replacement. This was not asked on me 7days eariler when first informed that a replacement TV would be sent.

Another 7 day delay. I compiled immediately and was told via email that I would be contacted when TV was shipped and that from the time of shipping it would take 3-5days to reach repairer. TV was not shipped Wednesday 07/03/12 it is now end of day Thursday 08/03/12 and still not notification that TV has been shipped. So at this time the very best I can hope for is that the TV arrives at my home by Friday 16/03/12. This will be 25days since my first call to Sony for a problem that has occured three times in the past 7months and brings my total time without a TV to 11.5weeks. I have sent in a written complaint to Consumer Affairs. However, it was suggested that I also let someone know at Sony.

Comment (0)

I purchased a SONY VAIO laptop VPCEG18FG model in August 2011. Earlier I found that it was quite good to appear and light weight to carry, but over the time I found that besides being light weight the quality of the plastic material used in the laptop was not up to the mark . Many surfaces of the laptop just get pressed easily like its very thin layer and might break anytime.The materials used by other companies appear to be much stronger than SONY VAIO with almost equivalent weight and other features. Also the screen of the laptop has got very loose and also started moving left and right even after handling the laptop with so much of care.

I really thought that SONY makes world class quality products I strongly feel hat it isn't true. I am really disappointed to see such a trustworthy company making such low quality products. I don't no what to do further with my laptop as I am not sure what kind of problem might appear anytime in its surfaces. Please tell me what should I do now.

Comment (0)

If you are thinking about purchasing a Sony home audio docking system RDH-GTK1I and you are an American working family that $250 U.S.D means money please don’t purchase this wooden box, unless you need a heavy flashlight with a handle. 220 MRS lol…The volume in almost every setting from 0 to 15 there is barely no sound all you have left is 16 to 30. Trust me not loud at all!!! I purchase this product on line reading some reviews as soon it arrived I noticed there was no sound and I tried to return it but there was a $52.00 return shipping and a 25% restocking fee so I called the Sony store in a local mall they told me that I could exchange it and got the person’s name so I drove there.

I arrive at the mall and I got a $5.00 shopping cart push the wooden flashlight into store, once I got to the Sony store the cashier told me NO we do not take anything purchased online, I told her listen I spoke to someone on the phone and gave her a name she said sorry they gave you the wrong information so I asked for the store manager, I asked him to exchange the wooden flashlight for anything in the store even if it was a lesser value I was willing to pay a restocking fee. The answer was NO I’m Sorry. So I drove home took it apart trying to find anything I could maybe adjust to increase the volume another NO.

So I placed it on the roof of my shed volume at 10 obviously no sound facing up so when planes fly by at night they will say that’s a nice flashlight red and blue until it burns. At least now when I go outside and I see it I get reminded not to purchase anything from Sony Sound unless you drive to the store and test it first. I’m sure for Sony for $250 is like a penny to me or less. Be advised if you see any positive post on this flashlight it’s probably a Sony agent. Thank you for reading you have been advised.

Comment (0)

Hi, I have purchased a Sony Vio Laptop from Tanya Electronics, Metro Plaza, Meerut on 3rd-March-2013. (Model No. SVE14A15FNW IN5 & Serial No. 0003242). After two days I noticed that its mouse pad from right side is going down and right click is not working properly. I went to dealer on 10-March-2013 for my problem but he gave me the address of Service Center. I went to service center on 17-March-2013 and explained my problem to them. They took my Laptop and gave me the Job Card with Job No. J30475038.

Then I collected my Laptop on 20-March-2013 but I am not satisfied with them as the problem remains the same. To get rid from this problem, they gave me irrelevant answers by saying that you have to press this pad from left side and then right side of mouse pad will come up. After that I called Customer Care and told my problem to them, they have given me the Complaint No and told me to go again to Service Center and they will replace that part. I went there again on 23-March-2013 and submitted my Laptop again with Job No. J30513774. But I don't want to change that part, what I think that its a manufacturing defect. I want company to change this Laptop, as its not my fault and I am suffering from the day I purchased it.

Comment (0)

I wonder if you’d take the time to read these few words that I have felt compelled to write to you. This isn’t really a complaint as such because it not specifically about your product. i feel regret sony only know to sold they products but service after sales is bad..sony just thing about profit n sold your products even the thing still under warentty.. regret with sony service centre Bareilly or this is SONY RULES?

I lodge complaint to your service centre on 12-March-2013 I confronted some windows issue & my Wright key was not operational properly, Service centre confirm it is not a big deal & they close this issue very shortly. His technical person check my laptop physically as well & received after their satisfaction.
On 13-March-2013 I received a call from their side that my laptop is working fine & advised me to collect it from their respected service centre.

But at the time of laptop handover I found a physical damage on the obverse surface of my laptop, I complained about it & they denied that it happened at their end. I logged a complaint at Sony Care complaint nO-13434452 dated 13-March-13. But after lot of reminders & request no area service in charge bother to listen my complaint & give his statement that it’s not chanced at crevice centre coz its not visible through a naked eye…

After having words with MS. Vinita ma’am she assured me to close my concern. On 22-of march she confirm me that company is ready to replace my broken part from their side without any charges, on that every time I clear my point that I am not ready too accept my laptop if it,s opened by Bareilly Service centre. She asked for a time to discusses this thing from her senior management & I said it,s Ok for me but i am not comfortable with Bareilly Service centre. If they open my laptop one more time I’ll not received my laptop at any cost.

Yesterday I received a call from Mr. Sandeep (Area Service manager) & I repeat my words him as well. & he drops my call after a hot talk with him.
Now today I received a call from Bareilly service centre @ 1.58 Pm that my all concern is close & my laptop is ready as I want. So my question is who gives them that authority to re-open my laptop without my permission??? & how can you think i believe on such a cheater service centre & ppl who not bother to serve their customer & believe in customer satisfaction. I tried Ms. Vinita Tyagi on (011-66006600-714) but all in vain. So just give me a one gud reason to continue with my same laptop.

Comment (0)

I ordered a Sony tv thru she sony online sore. It never arrived. I called to inquire about it, after another of couple of days, they said my reship had been authorized, which I never had requested. When I called back to request some sort of expedited service I was told that was not possible. When I requested an email address to express my dissatisfaction, I was told there was none, when I requested a phone number, again I was told there was none. They did give me a snail mail address. I would have thought a tech company would be a little more with it and would like to hear about their consumers experiences, apparently not. Hopefully I will see the tv eventually.

Comment (0)

Dear sony care, i bought sony vaio M126 mini laptop in 21 feb 2011 after 3day i faced a problem in laptop.it was suddenly shut down and generate big sound like a motor..then i talked to your customer care he installed operating system then prolem soleved for little time again this problem generate..then i again i talked to customer care he installed my operation system again..then i think its major problem so i decide to go your service centre. on last saturday i went their and i surrender my laptop to your service centre near to shakti matro station..

that time i dont have bill of purchasing so he said when you come then carry bill.so i came back sonepat and carry bill and went your service centre.and check my laptop they installed again operation system.and said they did cleaning also..but that time i found a new issue in my laplop. their packing was not properly and their bottom was paste by favistick..i felt very sad how it can be happend. because their seams was also not matched..and your employees of their office said to me it is already paste and if we will open it. it can be break..
please i am working and i have no more time to visit again and again your services centre so please provide help me to solve my problem.

You know why i go for sony i thought this is top brand. i have better option which provide on site prolem solution.. i think in sony product rare chance to ll come problem..but right now i have bad experience with sony mini laptop. My warrenty period is going to expiry so pls see matter and solve my problem.

Comment (0)

Dear Sir/Madam. This is to remind you again that I had purchased a new sony laptop(model no. Vaio LT SVE14113EN/W) on 30.10.12 from M/s Synthesis Technologies-(12-13),Ranchi (copy of invoice enclosed). I want to bring to your kind notice that ever since I purchased this laptop I am facing the problems.My newly purchased laptop was having manufacturing defect with mouse touch-pad.I referred the case to the shop from where I have purchased.He agreed to referred the case to your sony service centre, Ranchi and within a week time I got the replacement with the new laptop.But it is very shocking and unpleasant to say that the replaced laptop was having more manufacturing defects than the earlier one.Following are the defects which was encountered a) Colour of mouse touchpad is not matching with body colour which your service centre people said not a big issue. b) End Button of keyboard is not working properly. c) Adapter get over heated very often. d) Laptop slowed down while booting.

Since I was not in Ranchi I asked your service centre, Ranchi about the defect over the phone,they told me to bring the laptop to their centre.After reaching Ranchi I went to Your service Centre ,they registered my complain (service job sheet enclosed) and promised to replace with a new laptop by looking into the defects.I was carrying an inspiration that I will be provided with new laptop without any defect within a short time. But It is painful to say that they have not informed me about status of the laptop even after ten days from the case being registered finally when I called them up and asked for the status,they didn't response and switched off their mobile.After continuous trail finally I was able to speak with one of their guy whose reply disappointed me.

They say it cannot be replaced with a new one which they agreed to do while registering my case. They have rather changed the keyboard without informing me and said adapter problem has been sorted out.My tampered laptop is still lying with the service centre, Ranchi.

I have even called to your toll free customer care on 07.12.12 regarding this matter who told me to send the mail for new replacement citing the problems. I wish to inform you that I have purchased sony laptop with a view that it has brand and reputation but the way I am harassed by the service centre people doesn't give a good idea.Since I have paid for the new laptop, a repaired tampered piece is not acceptable whose certainty of breaking down is more and which doesn't work satisfactorily. I have already spent lots of my precious time and money behind this laptop.Considering the good will of such a brand I am sure that I will be provided with a new laptop with a hope that it doesn't have any more problems.A quick action in this regards is highly appreciable.

Comment (0)

Recently i purchased a brand new PS3 and was grossly overcharged 300 when the xbox360 elite is 250 and is SUPERIOR in all aspects gameplay,updates,graphics,design. I have to manually close my ps3 because there was no featured added to push a button and then allow the system to close itself. not only that but most of the ps3 is now built with plastic aside from there being a huge gaping hole in my system the wifi is USELESS i paid 200for a premium router and my cell phone has better wifi then my ps3?!

Another thing is i had to buy this new system recently because of a manufactors DEFECT in the original ps3 and would not replace my system or fix it even though it was sony fault i was told by a customer rep that i should go buy an xbox because sony doesn't replace defective products they sell unlike XBOX which replaces it and admit it was an error on their part. I personally after this experience will never buy anything SONY again i also have told friends and family unless you drop your prices and start fixing your defective POORLY made products hope you run out of business soon keep up the terrible service and keep mass producing GARAGE.

Comment (0)

Recently, A PS-VITA that I bought has stopped working in the sense that the power buttons and volume buttons don't work. Through the guide of Sony's Phone-Help Center, we sent the product to a Warehouse to which point it was sent into the technicians at the actual company. They have so far sent us back the product two times claiming "sand damage". I find it particularly hard to believe that sand particles big enough to do enough damage could enter such a compact device, and they gave us pictures pointing out places that have NO relation to the problem areas in the our PS-VITA. At this point I feel like SONY is avoiding fixing this device because sand particles are very small particles that are either too small to cause damage or too big to get inside that system. I believe that SONY is simply lying to us, and they have us trapped with their money, as they said that we can only hope to replace the device and if we were to open up the device ourselves to find the issues that we would end up voiding the warranty.

Comment (0)

I called vaio few every time i called they keep transferring me from one agent to another i bought a laptop from and i only used it for 6 mohth i paid 1050$ for a i3 laptop,i chose vaio because a lot of people told me its good and i also brought a bravia 47inch hdtv screen died after used for 3 months only so they replaced with a newer tv and i start having same problem again,the laptop crashed twice in six month sony is charging me 60$ to recovery disk and the battery doesnt hold charge at all sony want to pay for battery which is 200$$ factory warranty is useless i never thought sony corporation will something like this.Dont by sony tv or vaio vpcf12afm laptop complete 2500 dollars.

We purchased a 60 inch Sony TV the end of January 2011. Used very little over the summer months. The end of October 2011 the TV shuts off and red light blinks 6 times. Sony sent service to replace the power supply....sent a defective part. We waited another week.....part did not fix the problem. The tech determined we have a defective set. Sony wants to replace with a REFURBISHED set with warranty till February. We DID NOT purchase a defective set, nor do we want a refurbished set. We should have this tv replaced by Sony with a NEW set. We have been totally ripped off!!!

Comment (0)

I just ended a call with one of your supervisors, and would like to file a complaint and also have Sony respond to me to resolve the Welcome Back Program issue I have. I went through three support people tonight over 44 minutes. Please check my notes and Richard said they would be updated. The basis of my call was that when I responded to your email from June 5th tonight for the Welcome Back Program, it took me to your site and said it had ended. So I called your support telephone number.

I was told it had expired and was nothing they could do and I finally reached Ryan, right before speaking to Richard, who said he could forward it to another department and have them make a determination within 3-5 days. Then I was transferred to his supervisor, Richard, who apparently I upset and he denied forwarding my information. So, let me start from the beginning with why I believe I should qualify for the Welcome Back Program at this time. On April 28 I received an email from Sony in regards to the compromise of your company and Qriocity.

On June 5 I received an email from Sony in regards to the Welcome Back Program. At that time, I felt the need to wait as I was not sure Sony had “plugged all the holes”. So I waited and then approximately two weeks later I read that another division of Sony had been compromised. So I decided to continue to wait on following the link in the Welcome Back Program email. So, today I decide to follow the link in the email and find that you have ended the program. The first thing I did was re-read the email.

Sure enough, there was NO mention of any expiration date. So thinking it was a mistake, I followed the link again to find the same results. I then called Sony support and experienced what I laid out above. I feel that Sony should allow me to participate in the Welcome Back Program due to not informing me of any expiration date in the email I received from Sony. I would like your response within 3-5 days with your decision to allow me to participate in the Welcome Back Program.

I would also like to add that I have been a Sony products customer for my entire adult life (23 years) from home audio, computers, alarm clocks, car audio, television, Betamax, vcr, dvd, Blu-ray, the list goes on. I have never seen Sony in such disarray with their customer relations as I experienced with this PS3 program. Not only did I spend almost an hour on the phone with your support associates this evening but had to cancel my credit card, check my credit report, and much more since your data compromise of your divisions.

I’m saddened as a Sony customer, one who brags as much as the Apple fanboys about your products and service, that I received such blatant and disrespectful attitudes as I did tonight from your associates. I’m also in disbelief that you would handle this Welcome Back Program in the manner you have set out without contacting your customers with more details in the emails or even through the much more secure Snailmail. Shame on you Sony!! My hope is that you will not only allow me to gain some satisfaction by participating in the Welcome Back Program, but more over that you would have better laid plans for future handlings of customer dissatisfaction.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Sony Viao S in Shanghai and because of the language problems I cannot get this issue resolved. My Shanghai repair ticket is VAIO(5269053). I paid a premium for the latest product and it broke down after 3 months so I took it to your service department. They informed me it would be 2 weeks because the parts had to come from Japan because my computer was a custom item from Japan. 2 weeks later they informed me that the parts had not arrived so I would need to wait for another 2 weeks. At the end of these further 2 weeks I was informed the problem was not the PC board and that they were getting more components. They say my computer will be ready in a further 2 weeks.

I own these computers for 2 years this means that I have not had a computer for 1/12 of the time. My last computer was a Sony and it had 3 issues with the PC board but these were fixed within one week because it was made in China. When does Sony call an issue a consume issue and intervene? I do not want this computer because if anything more happens it will take another 6 weeks. I want a Chinese built Sony or my money back. I paid a premium for this product. I need to speak with someone where customer service is important, if not I will veto Sony products from our company here and in Australia and raise this with the Chinese consumer authorities.

Comment (0)

I have been a user of Sony products and in particular the PS3 for over five years. My reliable PS3 (bought in 2008) had some hardwares issues in December of 2012. Even though it was not used a great deal it experienced hardware issues that led me to replace the hard drive and the blue ray. After doing this the PS3 failed to connect to the Internet. After a great deal of time on my part I learned that PS3s have a very difficult time connecting through Apple AirExpress routers, which is the router I have. All my other devices (PC's etc.) have no problem with the AirExpress however the PS3 just will not connect. I have had network experts spend countless hours trying to get it to connect to no avail. I finally threw the PS3 out after spending over eight hours on it trying to get it to connect. A friend of mine had a new (12/2012) PS3 he lent me to use. After hooking it up I had the exact same connectivity issues as I did with my old one. I will return it to my friend. It is amazing to me the Sony creates a product that can not connect with an Apple device. Honestly it is mind boggling to not be able to connect to one of the biggest name products in the world. Good job Sony.

Comment (0)

My PS3 was a first generation, 60gb hard drive console. I took great care of this thing. The problem is not caused by me, but Sony will not stand by their product and replace my system. I either get PS3 Slim (no PS1 nor 2 games can play) or pay 130 for them to fix my PS3. How about you guys fix the product that broke on me? I already paid for what I thought would be a functional PS3 for years to come. Apparently, Sony doesn't take care in the design and production of their product because it fell apart on its own accord. They also don't seem to care about customer satisfaction, either. I amEXTREMLY dissatisfied and will be switching to Microsoft's X-Box due to Sony's insincerity to loyal Playstation gamers.

Comment (0)

I have closed all the covers of the phone before taking picture in the swimming pool, however my mobile was out of order in just 1-2 minutes after it got wet. HK sony repair centre asked me to pay $2700 for the reparining fee, after I have called to the customer services hot line, they said only 20% discount can be offered to me. I believed the damage was not my flaut I do not accept to pay money for reparing the first year guarantee period.

Comment (0)

KDL -52 xbr4 TV Purchased in 2008 Extended warranty expired. My family and i have always purchased sony products. this rediculos,Even though the warranty expired I cant believe this TV still has major problems. . After talking to the CEC dept they offered me a refirbushed comparable tv for 679.00. Not acceptable needless to say. I do not want used products. Alternately they offered me $500.00 off a new tv. Alli want is for you to replace the screen. The quotes to fix this tv by an authorized dealer of sony was way off base.

I wouild consider bying the 65 inch xbr if you can get me a better discount. I understand this has been a real problem among many others having the same tv ( horizontal lines and double images). In closing to make life smple,can you replace the screen (prefer this),the picure when working is great. Even though the warranty expired a few months ago,exceptions can be made for good customer relations. its hard to believe a Sony TV top of the line can go bad in 4 and 1/2 years.

Comment (0)

Having been prompted to upgrade on my PS3 to the latest update 4.30 on Saturday afternoon, what was a perfectly playing play station is now completely broken. I have called the help line twice and received extremely poor service with the only response being that it is my console. I absolutely will not accept this response, and having read up on many online forums it appears there are many others out there with the same problem. It is no coincidence that many of us had perfectly playing consoles and within the seconds of the upgrade and to be told it is my console is frankly insulting. It may well be the console but only because your software has corrupted it. I will not accept this as my problem and your lack of ownership is ridiculous.

I work for a national organisation and with our paying customers, we hold hands up if we have made a mistake and put the customer back to the position they were in before the error. To be invited to upgrade to new console is not any kind of resolve, I expect my console to be repaired at your cost or replaced. For your information I have written to BBC Watchdog about the appalling service I received on the phone and reading online I'm sure others will be doing the same. My reference for your record with your helpline dept is 3056450. I look forward to receiving your sensible response and not that my console just happened to break at the exact point that the upgrade was loaded.

Browse reviews of other Electronics