Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by A
Jan 18, 2015 - Calgary, AB
Bad

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty. I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

Have you had problems with Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

Top 143 Reviews about Sony

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Sony customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Poor

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Horrible

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Bad

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Bad

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Bad

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Bad

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Poor

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Bad

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 08.03.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market ....

That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony ... and Thanks

Horrible

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Bad

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Horrible

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Poor

I submitted my Handset For the Replacement in Sony Service Centere on 7th of Feb 2013 and noe Its April, but no one is Able to Tell me When I can Get my Handset Back. I contacted Everyone including Assistant Manager (Dheeraj Joshi/ Rohin Jain), Pune Regional Head (Nilesh Kumbhar) and also Maharashtra Regional Head (Mr. Ashish Parek) but every time they are telling me the wrong information..First they told me that You handset is shipped from chennai, Now from last 15 days they are telling me that your Handset is shipped From Delhi,

I dont Know from which corner of Country they Shipped my handset. Everytime they are ljust faking..I thuink there are only Liers in Sony.. even in highr post...

Greetings gentlemaen,
it has come to my attention that music saved on the Playstation 3 gaming console cannot be listened too during video gaming. I find this to be inconvenient while I am enjoying your Sony products and wish this to be changed if possible by system update or maybe on a Playstation 4. I on behalf of all Playstation users would love to see this take affect.

Poor

Im concerned, i agree to sony terms and conditions, after i spend money i am cut from my account and have demands made on me with new terms and conditions, if we dont agree then sony walks away with my money, so i am forced to agree under duress, I got banned once when someone called my freind a fucking nigger, i told him who and what he did, i got banned and that person didnt even though i reported the inciden, i rang sony for an explination they told me to read the terms and conditions, wich i quoted to them that i have a right to an indepth look into my account, they couldnt provide 1 and changed the terms and conditions for each regeon next week, so why are we agreeing to terms and conditions when sony can change them to suit themselves and not hold up there end of the agreemens? Another complaint i have is playstation moderators, people shouldnt have them on there list, it makes 1 sided arguments and people getting punished for no reason, all someone has to do is antagonise another user and invite there mod freind to get them banned, also peoples opinions of each other are formed on what they are told about them, i wont have some jerk who doesnt like me lie to a mod and make me a target, moderators are being payed to bethere were paying, if they want freinds and want to socialise let them do it when they arnt on the job working, on there own accounts they pay for, and cant moderate from, im pay there wages in buying there products, they need to give explinations for there actions against customers, they have too much power and abuse it.

Poor

I bought a pair of Sony earphones at the end of February 2011. They were great and worked perfectly up until yesterday. I went to put it on, and it literally fell apart in my hands. The plastic around the left earphone just shattered like the plastic was was dried out. There is no way that I could have done anything to make this happen, (I kept in in the cloth case when not in use) and am upset that I was able to get less than 6 months use out of them. Is this a common problem? I have my receipt. Can they be repaired or replaced by Sony?

Horrible

Dear Sir/ Madame, I have deposited my laptop for repair on Septemeber 15 at Sony Repair Shop in Doha Qatar and was told it will take a week because spare parts need to be brought from Dubai.

The execuse is somehow invalid as a workshop should have spare parts, neverthless, today is Sept 26 and they did not receive the spare parts nor they can confirm any date to complete the repair!!!! is this services?

References as follows:

VAIO™ Notebook : Sony Asia Pacific
Model VPCEB46FA
S/N: 7001352

Appreciate your attention to this matter!

Horrible

KDL -52 xbr4 TV Purchased in 2008 Extended warranty expired. My family and i have always purchased sony products. this rediculos,Even though the warranty expired I cant believe this TV still has major problems. . After talking to the CEC dept they offered me a refirbushed comparable tv for @679.00. Not acceptable needless to say. I do not want used products. Alternately they offered me $500.00 off a new tv. Alli want is for you to replace the screen. The quotes to fix this tv by an authorized dealer of sony was way off base. I wouild consider bying the 65 inch xbr if you can get me a better discount. I understand this has been a real problem among many others having the same tv ( horizontal lines and double images). In closing to make life smple,can you replace the screen (prefer this),the picure when working is great. Even though the warranty expired a few months ago,exceptions can be made for good customer relations. its hard to believe a Sony TV top of the line can go bad in 4 and 1/2 years. Thank you very much Harry Adelman Drhha@yahoo.com Tel 561 302 3069

Poor

i am having two door refrigerator sr no INA073909808 at GORAKHPUR, UP.This fridge had become defective on22nd oct due to non cooling, immediately i lodged an complaint through your cutomer care and my complaint no was LK1012007083. I was told by your customer care center that a sms will be sent to with some code no which was to be given to service enginer after rectification of the defect but same could not be sent by you. after lot of chasing mr Balkesh of your coy visited to my residence and told that refrigerator to be shifted to their workshop for checking and filling of gas. He assured that he will arrange the collection of the refrigerator.i spoke to senior person of workshop MR SUDHAKER SHARMA on his mobile no 09598069353 given by mr Balkesh but he shown his enability to attend the refrigerator before MONDAY(29th oct 12) in this connection you may refer my following complaint nos
1 LK1012007083
2LK1012008779
It is regreted to say that inspite of repeated request made at all level and assurance by your call center people that some one will contact me within THREE HOURS and DEFECT WILL BE RCTIFIED WITHIN 24 HOURS. my refrigerator has not yet been repaird
SUCH A POOR RESPONSE FROM A REPUTED COY IS NEITHER EXPECTED NOR DESIRABLE.this is against the bussines ethics and also against the POST SALES&SERVICE Commitment
i am seving officer and leaving GORAKHPUR.UP ON 30thOCT12. MAY I REQUEST TO ACCORD PRIORITY AND GET MY REFRIGERATOR BEFORE 30TH OCT12 AND ALSO TO ENSURE PROMPT RESPOSE TO THE CUSTOMER
A SUITABLE ACTION BE TAKEN AGAINST THE DEFAULTER
THANKING YOU
Y MISHRA

Bad

I had purchased this set during a PC show in Singapore, was supposed to be a Birthday Gift so i did not ask to open the handset to check. I later found out that the handset cannot be powered up after charging for 8 Hour. I returned the set to Sony Service Center in Wisma Atria and was told that it can only be repair not replace and i was like WTF...... its brand new phone yet i had to wait for it......

Contact the Sony Complaint Department