Sony

Most Popular Complaint about Sony

Posted by S Durairaj on Jan 22, 2015
Customer Rating

I never seen such worst response from any other product/company. Such a bad response from Sony Service Center. I registered a complaint for TV issue on 16-Jan-15 even after one week they have not turned back to address the issue. Always keep transfer the calls and irresponsible answers, and phone disconnects, and keep says call later. I am worried that why bought Sony TV. Do not suggest anyone to buy.

Did Sony provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sony?

2 out of 5

Website

www.sony.com

More Sony Complaints

Customer Rating

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty.

I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

Customer Rating

As a loyal Sony customer I bought my latest Sony KDL-70 W850B a supposedly smart TV in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately it's just a YouTube TV and no other pre-loaded live apps work, not even the Sony app or Opera or TED. I am not complaining that it doesn't support Adobe but its own pre-loaded apps should work. The authorized dealer conveniently avoids responsibility by informing me that in Saudi Arabia other apps don't work due to time zone problems. The same apps work here for Samsung and LG.I have contact Sony middlEast about a month back but no action till now.
Sony please tell why should I do buy Sony again.

Customer Rating

Sony advertises the Z3 as the ultimate waterproof phone and state that it can go into a pool up to 1.5m deep. In my experience it's false advertising. My Z3 went into the pool not even a meter deep and the screen stopped responding and stayed black. Quite frankly if I spend so much money on a phone I'd expect it to at least be able to perform to its capabilities as advertised but... No such luck. I am extremely disappointed with Sony.

Customer Rating

We bought from Sony Store in line a Vaio Fit 14 Laptop in November 3/2013, we receive the product week later.Then 2 month later we start to get all kind of internet conection and freeze up problems our(other laptop working fine at same).I call Sony and they told me that i need sent it back for repair,because was under garanty, the only way they can reeplace was “if laptop was no fixable”,.We sent this laptop for repair via UPS 2/27/14 from that date to now 3/27/14, i call and talk with many Sony people in Customer Service,Repair Dept.and no one can tell me when the computer will be ready,the typical answer “Technicinan is working on Sir,you will receive in 7 days..”whatta lie, also they told me once that “they waiting the part from oversea..”…another lie.Always i was a Sony fanatic, but with this situation Sony is no more in my list.I just call again and same lie…..”Technician still working…”. IT’S NO ONE IN SONY THAT CAN HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM..WHATTA SHAME ON THEM…………..and we still waiting.
Hector Guzman
guzztor@yahoo.com

Customer Rating

I have been experiencing no end of problems with my playstation 4. The servers are more often then not down for whatever reason, and yet we have to pay for this service, only for it to have more problems then I care to mention. My playstation 3 has had no such problems apart from when maintenance tasks are being carried out.
My internet connection at its slowest is 105Mb so I know it isn’t that. It is connected via a LAN cable so the connection is wired, and is located not even .5m away from the playstation.
Besides all the problems I’m having with getting online, the simple fact that all games now have some part of the main game that requires an online connection, means that players who can’t afford the online subscription whatever the reason for, now can’t enjoy a FULL game. (An example of this is Assassins Creed Black Flag- accessing your fleet of ships is online based, so I can’t access any of my 14 ships and the missions I have sent them to complete.)
I wouldn’t mind half of these problems, but when I have to pay £40 or whatever the cost is per year to be able to gain full use of a console I have already paid £360+ for, I find it rather annoying, when the same features and experiences can be had on the previous version of the console for free. The simple fact is that playstation is trying to copy features that Xbox have already implemented into their system, and are failing, and myself and other playstation 4 owners are becoming increasingly more frustrated with the lack of communication between sony and it’s customers as regards problems.
The playstation 4 cost and the £40 per year online subscription I presume have already made over £1 billion, yet they can’t even keep servers and online services running smoothly with the additional money gained through online subscriptions.
I look forward to hearing the response from yourselves soon. Please feel free to mail me on the address provided, and if needs be, mail me to send you my mobile number and we can talk directly over the phone.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Chris Evans on 03/12/2014 at IP address 82.23.22.206 using our Sony complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sony customer review titled, “Server and online problems” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

My Sony e reader would not scinc from computer to reader had an I T come out also could not do it sent Sony email no reply. Rang Monday said would ring back that day and did but could not fix said some one would ring back in two days no return call rang Sony again told someone would ring back still no return call. Asked if I could speak to someone higher told no . So all I can say is thanks for the no service I have two Sony Bravia T V s and a Sony mobile and have returned E Reader back to shop and will NOT BUY SONY again can understand we can all have something go wrong but I will not go where I don’t get SERVICE. Julie Hetherington

Customer Rating

I recently sent in my PS3 to be repaired after it quit working. I thought this would be a better idea than having a shop fix it as Sony knows it’s product. So I filled out the service request online, made the payment, and I received the instructions on how to send it back. I got the box in the mail about 3 days later and sent my console in. On 4/9 I received a call from the service center saying that they received my console but the payment did not go through online and that I had to do it over the phone. I went ahead and gave him the information and everything was done. I was told that it would take 7-10 days to service and 3-5 days for shipping. On May 1st, I still had not received an email so I called the customer support number to check on the status. The young lady was very polite and researched why it was taking so long. So after about 15 minutes of waiting on the phone, she said that when they called for the payment over the phone, there was a mix up because of where it was not previously accepted online. She said my console was listed as ship-ready and that as soon as fedex came, the console would be shipped out and I would receive an email with tracking information. So today, May 3rd, I still had not received an email so I looked at the service status online to only find that instead of saying my console was received on 4/9, it was received on 5/2. I called customer service again to find out what was going on. The rep said that it was listed my console was ship-ready and put me on hold to find out what was going on. She came back and told me that my system was on back order and that it would be another 8-10 days before it could be shipped out. If I had know that it would have taken more than a month to have my system serviced, I would not have sent it in and paid for the service that I WAS NOT GETTING! So the 7-10 days for service is not completely true. If I had been contacted by sony telling me that my system was on back order, it probably wouldn’t have been so bad. But instead, I have to call, get lied to or mislead, call again, and get more bad news. I was a very loyal sony customer, but in the future, I will be looking at other products, xbox especially. This was the worst customer service experience that I have ever received. Not what I would expect from a company like Sony.

when we go to shop at Rayalaseema Agencies, Nellore
(Sony Cybershot W730 )
we ask the sales mangaer what is the price of above item he said that
it is worth of Rs: 7600/- then we ask him to get discount but he said not
then we said that we will get it more discount on online shopping
if u have any chance to give the discount
But he rashly said that the sales boy “SEND THEM OUT”
then we as is it the way to behave the customers ?
then he said that “SEND THEM OUT”
If a dealer of SONY is talks like that who will purchse Your sony product in the Nellore.
and your sales will decrease for that behavour
so please instruct your dealers please behave politely with customers when they buy or not is second thing.

27 April 2013

Edward Scott Lampert
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Sears Holdings Corporation
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

Dear Mr. Lampert:

I am continuing my saga of the letter I wrote on 11 April 2013 in order to get some kind of resolution to the horrendous time I went through without being with a TV for 32 days.

4/19/13 – Receive an e-mail from Sear Blue Ribbon Services, thanking me for contacting Sears Holding Corporation Executive Offices. I was given a case number of 1366540 and a phone number of 1-888-266-4043 ext. 30 to call.

4/19/13 – Called at 6:30 pm to talk to Bernice using the number above. No one was available to speak to, so I left my name, case number and telephone number. The recording said someone would contact me within 24 hours.

4/22/13 – Called at 6:15 pm. No one was available to speak to, so I left my name, case number and telephone number. The recording said someone would contact me within 24 hours.

4/22/13 – Received the same e-mail I got on 4/19/13.

4/23/13 – Called at 3:52 pm. No one was available to speak to, so I left my name, case number and telephone number. The recording said someone would contact me within 24 hours.

4/23/13 – Responded to the e-mail I received on 4/22/13 and also copied the e-mail I receive on 4/19/13, with the following statements and dates:

I have been attempting to contact your organization. I have called on the following dates – – leaving my name, phone number, and case number:

4/19/13 – called at 6:30 pm
4/22/13 – called at 6:15 pm
4/23/13 – called at 3:52 pm
4/22/13 – received a second e-mail with the same information (See below)

DO YOU RESPOND TO PHONE CALLS??????????? Maybe you might respond to this e-mail………..
4/24/13 – Called at 1:00 pm. No one was available to speak to, so I left my name, case number and telephone number. The recording said someone would contact me within 24 hours.

4/24/13 – Called 1-800-995-2139 (a number give on my previous phone calls) and spoke to Teresa. Although she is not my case manager, the message on the phone said that they could speak to me about my case. Teresa asked if I was calling about my issue I was having in 2012. I said no, and went through the entire situation I addressed in the letter I wrote. Her response was – What do you want me to do about it? I told her I had not received the 6 month extended warranty I was promised, and I was inquiring if I could get a new TV for all the inconvenience I have been put through (one of the represent ivies I spoke to said if I was inconvenience more than a month, I was to eligible receive a new TV). She informed me I was told wrong about receiving a new TV, and I wouldn’t even qualify for a new TV if I had been inconvenienced for 2 months!!! I asked if she could have Bernice call me, she replied she would contact Bernice and have her call me tomorrow.

4/25/13 – Received a call from Angela at 11:55 am calling from SEARS. Her first question was – did you receive your lamp for your TV yet? I said yes and asked her if she had looked at my correspondence in my case file – – she said she would have to review it. She came back and said like everyone else I have spoken to – “so sorry for the inconvenience”. I told her I had not received the 6 month extension to my warranty, and I wanted to know if I could receive a new 60 inch Sony TV for all the inconvenience I have been through (since I was without my 60 inch TV for 32 days)!! She again started going into the rehearsed dialogue of how sorry the company was for my inconvenience. After listening to that for a couple of minutes, I hung the phone up. I immediately received a call from Angela stating that we must have been disconnected. I replied no, I hung up on purpose and informed her I was going to write the President of the Company and the Board of Directors again to voice my dis-concern again. She said she would have Bernice give me a call on Monday. I have been trying since 4/19/13 and I won’t be able to talk to my case manager until 4/29/13 (so much for the 24 hour response). I guess this in another “norm” for your customer assistance policy (stall, divert and hope the customer goes away and doesn’t come back).

I can’t believe the audacity of your company to send me a survey to complete on how well my experience was with SEARS and how my concerns were addressed and satisfied – simply amassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now wasted over a month and a half of my time and effort to no avail. I thought a SERVICE organization was supposed to respond to customers in a timely and efficient manner. I am appalled at the treatment I have received and greatly disappointed at the action taken by all levels of personnel I have had contact with.

I am writing to request what I feel is just and deserved after wasting a month and a half of my time – a new 60 inch Sony TV!! Can anyone make a decision and make this happe

Customer Rating

I have a Sony tv of model DRC-MF. I am sorry to inform you that that the TV set has suddenly lost its colours and has turned black and white. Surprisingly when it regains its colours the colour quality too isn’t well defined. It is my earnest request that you should look into this matter and respond to this message.

Customer Rating

it has been now 10 days since i bought sony vaio laptop model no 14133cnb and from day 1 i am facing tremondus amount of problems regarding speed now today i found a new problem as voice is all shattered kindly tell the way to get rid of all the problems

Customer Rating

I bought a sound recorder model ICD UX523F BOE with serial no 2308137. The Guarantee of device is valid till 2013 3 31. Unfortunately last month when I wanted to install the device via usb connector to usb port of my laptop it went back into device. after that the connector remained inside and usb slide lever was free and made no action. I must emphasis that I inserted the connector in normal way and direction with no additional force.

After that I brought the device to SONY central represntative in TEHRAN IRAN TRADING CO. IRAN ZABT on AZADI ST.they told me that I can not use guarantee for this defect. Again I assure you that I used the device normally.also there is no sign of crack damage or so on the body of device. I want you to solve this problem and tell your representative in TEHRAN to accept the device for repair or replace in guarantee period.

I MUST MENTION THAT THIS IS SECOND TIME THAT I MAIL THE PROBLEM TO YOU. THE FIRST MAIL WAS 2 WEEKS AGO WITH NO ANSWER BY NOW.

Thanks in advance
MOHSEN FAZELNIA

Customer Rating

I am posting here again as again i have been disappointed by vaio

my laptop was sent for repairs 3 times, last time it was in repairs for over a month

it was picked up 17th of dec last year

sony has not been responding to messages on regular basis and finally after me sending number of emails i was contacted last week

last friday i was told that my laptop was fixed and was ready to be shipped to me on monday so i would receive it by this wednesday at the latest

it has been shipped today on the i should have received and it will not get to me until friday

now am going tomorrow back to australia and i don’t have laptop

i have been promised and assured that it would leave repair centre on monday, just in time

i don’t understand if it was fixed as i was told last week

why was i lied to

now i need this unit to be shipped to me to australia but apparently i need to pay some of the costs

there is no way i should pay for the stuff up made by sony

i must add that my unit is just over 6 months and it has been in repairs 3 times already

i am disappointed, frustrated and pretty much speechless for the service or lack of it i have receivedfrom sony

i know your calls get recorded so i ma advising you to listen to what i was told last week

its just a disgrace

someone was meant to call me today from management but has not

what is going to happen now

i will be not available to be contacted on my number and i would like someone to take responsibility and take ownership for sony mistakes and send the computer to australiaASAP
Magda Klosowski
0687227824/ madzia2@hotmail.com

Customer Rating

Dear whoever this may concern
Your legal team has seemed to randomly block a parody of ‘Gangnam Style’. You say you have it blocked due to copyright issues… How…?Why just the Minecraft Style? There are numerous amount of parodies on this song, yet only this one has been blocked. It does not harm the original Gangnam Style video, if anything it will get it more views (which may I add, it already has one billion). You guys have normally been a very nice, cool company who help customers/non-customers at times, yet this situation has made me think twice about buying products such as T.V’s, a Ps3. This is losing you customers and is wrecking the internet’s view on your company. I highly recommend you come out and officially apologize and unblock the video. You should also consider some sort of compensation for CaptainSparklez (Jordan Maron), perhaps by giving him a few products he could use to help his channel due to the damage you have done.

Customer Rating

So I bought a game for Playstaion 3 with PS Vita cross buy and I accidentally downloaded the materials from the disk into my own Playstation Network account. The game was for my sons account and the download didn’t work because I had already installed it into my account. I called Sony and I told them that it was a mistake and that they can wipe it from my account as long as my son was able to have the material in is account and they pretty much told me to buy an another game. They didn’t even attempt to help or take care of me.

Customer Rating

Your Ultra Violet format is bullshit, it sucks, and I and many others are not happy being duped that we have purchased a digital copy only to find our selves jumping through hoops to get it to work and finding it really doesn’t work anyway. We want a copy that works on iTunes, no body needs nor wants 2 or 3 programs to watch a digital copy of a movie. Get over yourselves. Apple got there first and was smart about it, the infrastructure is far better than yours will ever be. Take your Ultra Violet and shove it. Nobody wants it.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Sony wega projection tv in 2005 model KDF55WF655, it was a great TV even after replacing blubs 4 time since I’ve owed the TV, suddenly this blue streak was across the bottom and continued, as I started reading it seems like it’s common on this TV. For the price Sony charged for this model KDFWF655 there should be more help me. Its optical black but the part costs more then spending on a new TV which I believe is not fair to me as a consumer. I would really appricate some help from sony on this matter. PLEASE

Customer Rating

I purchased a 60″ Sony projection tv in late 2007 for around.$3500. I went with this particular tv because Sony was supposed to be the best and I was convinced by salesmen that projection would far outlast a plasma. So I bought it. In 2010 I had to replace the lamp, it cost $150. According to Research the bulb should have lasted for 3-5 yrs or 20,000 hours. Well that was the first lie. Then in 2012 I noticed that the picture was changing. It seemed to yellow with time. And get progressively worse as it remained on. So I contact Sony. I had to go thru many steps to reset the tv. And then I was told to have the tv serviced or contact them for the factory decertified exchange program. So I did. That was a waste of time. They told me that there was nothing they could do. So I started telling them that I knew of the class action law suit about this “optical block” issue and that they were supposed to take care of the customer. They transferred me to “Mel” and all she did was tell me that the program was over and the best she would do was to offer me a $1499 tv for $1000. Really? I paid $3500 for a tv that was projected to last over 10 years and I got 5 barely. And the best they could do was to offer me another Sony product for a savings of $500???? This is unreal. I want my tv fixed or a better offer. Matter of a fact I don’t want a Sony tv ever again. Not with this lousy customer service, not to mention I could barely understand them thru there thick foreign accents.

Customer Rating

Sony tells nothing but lies when it comes to replacing faulty units,they tell constant lies and give you misinformation only to delay replacing faulty products, it has been over a month and I still don’t have a replacement tv promised for a tv that didn’t even last 6 months,I had no tv for me and the kids for Christmas which was a big let down for them .still waiting but not holding my breath, this is the worst compacy I have ever had to deal with

Customer Rating

I recently purchase a Sony digital photo frame. On the box according to me; it clearly stated that the frame will be able to accept a Memory-Stick/USB Stick. On the instruction manual it even shows a picture as to insert this “stick”. But to my disappointment the digital photo frame can only use n Memory-Card. I feel that this is falls advertising and I”m very disappointed with Sony. I now had to spent extra money on purchasing a Memory-card as I bought this fame thinking I can use my memory stick/usb stick as shown on their instruction manual.

Companies Like Sony

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!