Customer Satisfaction Results

Sony

Complaint Department

Posted by A on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty.

I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Sony provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

More Sony Complaints

Customer Rating

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Customer Rating

Sony advertises the Z3 as the ultimate waterproof phone and state that it can go into a pool up to 1.5m deep. In my experience it's false advertising. My Z3 went into the pool not even a meter deep and the screen stopped responding and stayed black. Quite frankly if I spend so much money on a phone I'd expect it to at least be able to perform to its capabilities as advertised but... No such luck. I am extremely disappointed with Sony.

Customer Rating

We bought from Sony Store in line a Vaio Fit 14 Laptop in November 3/2013, we receive the product week later.Then 2 month later we start to get all kind of internet conection and freeze up problems our(other laptop working fine at same).I call Sony and they told me that i need sent it back for repair,because was under garanty, the only way they can reeplace was “if laptop was no fixable”,.We sent this laptop for repair via UPS 2/27/14 from that date to now 3/27/14, i call and talk with many Sony people in Customer Service,Repair Dept.and no one can tell me when the computer will be ready,the typical answer “Technicinan is working on Sir,you will receive in 7 days..”whatta lie, also they told me once that “they waiting the part from oversea..”…another lie.Always i was a Sony fanatic, but with this situation Sony is no more in my list.I just call again and same lie…..”Technician still working…”. IT’S NO ONE IN SONY THAT CAN HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM..WHATTA SHAME ON THEM…………..and we still waiting.
Hector Guzman
guzztor@yahoo.com

Customer Rating

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Customer Rating

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 08.03.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market ....

That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony ... and Thanks

Customer Rating

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Customer Rating

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Customer Rating

KDL -52 xbr4 TV Purchased in 2008 Extended warranty expired. My family and i have always purchased sony products. this rediculos,Even though the warranty expired I cant believe this TV still has major problems. . After talking to the CEC dept they offered me a refirbushed comparable tv for @679.00. Not acceptable needless to say. I do not want used products. Alternately they offered me $500.00 off a new tv. Alli want is for you to replace the screen. The quotes to fix this tv by an authorized dealer of sony was way off base. I wouild consider bying the 65 inch xbr if you can get me a better discount. I understand this has been a real problem among many others having the same tv ( horizontal lines and double images). In closing to make life smple,can you replace the screen (prefer this),the picure when working is great. Even though the warranty expired a few months ago,exceptions can be made for good customer relations. its hard to believe a Sony TV top of the line can go bad in 4 and 1/2 years. Thank you very much Harry Adelman Drhha@yahoo.com Tel 561 302 3069

Customer Rating

i am having two door refrigerator sr no INA073909808 at GORAKHPUR, UP.This fridge had become defective on22nd oct due to non cooling, immediately i lodged an complaint through your cutomer care and my complaint no was LK1012007083. I was told by your customer care center that a sms will be sent to with some code no which was to be given to service enginer after rectification of the defect but same could not be sent by you. after lot of chasing mr Balkesh of your coy visited to my residence and told that refrigerator to be shifted to their workshop for checking and filling of gas. He assured that he will arrange the collection of the refrigerator.i spoke to senior person of workshop MR SUDHAKER SHARMA on his mobile no 09598069353 given by mr Balkesh but he shown his enability to attend the refrigerator before MONDAY(29th oct 12) in this connection you may refer my following complaint nos
1 LK1012007083
2LK1012008779
It is regreted to say that inspite of repeated request made at all level and assurance by your call center people that some one will contact me within THREE HOURS and DEFECT WILL BE RCTIFIED WITHIN 24 HOURS. my refrigerator has not yet been repaird
SUCH A POOR RESPONSE FROM A REPUTED COY IS NEITHER EXPECTED NOR DESIRABLE.this is against the bussines ethics and also against the POST SALES&SERVICE Commitment
i am seving officer and leaving GORAKHPUR.UP ON 30thOCT12. MAY I REQUEST TO ACCORD PRIORITY AND GET MY REFRIGERATOR BEFORE 30TH OCT12 AND ALSO TO ENSURE PROMPT RESPOSE TO THE CUSTOMER
A SUITABLE ACTION BE TAKEN AGAINST THE DEFAULTER
THANKING YOU
Y MISHRA

Customer Rating

I had purchased this set during a PC show in Singapore, was supposed to be a Birthday Gift so i did not ask to open the handset to check. I later found out that the handset cannot be powered up after charging for 8 Hour. I returned the set to Sony Service Center in Wisma Atria and was told that it can only be repair not replace and i was like WTF...... its brand new phone yet i had to wait for it......

Customer Rating

I purchased the dlc map pack on call of duty black ops 2 and once the purchase was made
everything was fine then treyarch made an update and the dlc map pack i purchased dissapeard from my playstation and i was not able to play in with my friends because i didnt have the same maps as them then tryed to go on to the playstation store to try and reedem it and when i clicked on it, it didnt say that i had purchased this and that there was no download history but this only happened because of the update that treyarch made which i dont think is fair so i will not be purchasing this map pack again because i have already lost £11.59 which is why if this isnt dealt with i will be forced to seek legal advice i also have proof of this as the dlc map pack was purchased through my bank

Customer Rating

I just ended a call with one of your supervisors, and would like to file a complaint and also have Sony respond to me to resolve the Welcome Back Program issue I have. I went through three support people tonight over 44 minutes. Please check my notes and Richard said they would be updated. The basis of my call was that when I responded to your email from June 5th tonight for the Welcome Back Program, it took me to your site and said it had ended. So I called your support telephone number.

I was told it had expired and was nothing they could do and I finally reached Ryan, right before speaking to Richard, who said he could forward it to another department and have them make a determination within 3-5 days. Then I was transferred to his supervisor, Richard, who apparently I upset and he denied forwarding my information. So, let me start from the beginning with why I believe I should qualify for the Welcome Back Program at this time. On April 28 I received an email from Sony in regards to the compromise of your company and Qriocity.

On June 5 I received an email from Sony in regards to the Welcome Back Program. At that time, I felt the need to wait as I was not sure Sony had “plugged all the holes”. So I waited and then approximately two weeks later I read that another division of Sony had been compromised. So I decided to continue to wait on following the link in the Welcome Back Program email. So, today I decide to follow the link in the email and find that you have ended the program. The first thing I did was re-read the email.

Sure enough, there was NO mention of any expiration date. So thinking it was a mistake, I followed the link again to find the same results. I then called Sony support and experienced what I laid out above. I feel that Sony should allow me to participate in the Welcome Back Program due to not informing me of any expiration date in the email I received from Sony. I would like your response within 3-5 days with your decision to allow me to participate in the Welcome Back Program.

I would also like to add that I have been a Sony products customer for my entire adult life (23 years) from home audio, computers, alarm clocks, car audio, television, Betamax, vcr, dvd, Blu-ray, the list goes on. I have never seen Sony in such disarray with their customer relations as I experienced with this PS3 program. Not only did I spend almost an hour on the phone with your support associates this evening but had to cancel my credit card, check my credit report, and much more since your data compromise of your divisions.

I’m saddened as a Sony customer, one who brags as much as the Apple fanboys about your products and service, that I received such blatant and disrespectful attitudes as I did tonight from your associates. I’m also in disbelief that you would handle this Welcome Back Program in the manner you have set out without contacting your customers with more details in the emails or even through the much more secure Snailmail. Shame on you Sony!! My hope is that you will not only allow me to gain some satisfaction by participating in the Welcome Back Program, but more over that you would have better laid plans for future handlings of customer dissatisfaction.

Customer Rating

i earlier contacted sony service centre for my mobile problems as it is under warranty,service centre person said that internal machinary will be change,i said okaybut they resolved only one problem of my mobile and rest were as it is.my complaint no was 13031000355.now there are so many problems are coming in mobile or we can say every function of mobile is totally disturbed,what service centre person did with my mobile i don't know but i think they did't work proper.
so please help me,i am totally fade up with the sony mobile and its services.

Customer Rating

I asked for a refund receipt in an email to be sent to me to give to my bank so they can try to get my refund which Sony said they had given to my bank and to call the back because it is up to them now. Sony will not give it to me and will not give me a manager to talk to or the complaints department phone number or call me back even though they state in the recording that you hear when you call them that you can get a call back if you press 1 and leave your number.

Customer Rating

The playstation store in my country only supports the japanese version of ps one games and i am getting irritated because i do not speak or know any japanese so it makes the game virtually unplayable as i do not know what they are saying or what they want me to do i hope that you fix this in an update or something

Customer Rating

I try to play online for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and i get kicked from games randomly, then when i'm in the lobby it signs me off of Play Station Network so i have to repeatedly have to sign in which in turn of me being kicked from games I get set on probation to where i can't play for 5 minutes but that wouldn't be an issue if i wasn't getting kicked during and having the timer reset. I'm positive it isn't my connection because I didn't have this issue with my Xbox 360 and now that it's in my brothers room he still has no issues playing online.

Customer Rating

I have closed all the covers of the phone before taking picture in the swimming pool, however my mobile was out of order in just 1-2 minutes after it got wet. HK sony repair centre asked me to pay $2700 for the reparining fee, after I have called to the customer services hot line, they said only 20% discount can be offered to me. I believed the damage was not my flaut I do not accept to pay money for reparing the first year guarantee period.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Daisy Chau So Ying on 09/09/2013 at IP address 203.186.250.215 using our Sony Xperia HK Customer service Department complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sony Xperia HK Customer service Department customer review titled, "Xperia Z damaged by water" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Dear sir
I purchased a sony led tv26" from a showroom at gaya in oct.2011.some technical problem occured in my tv in june13.I contacted toll free no. and registered my comlain vide complain no.14950497.after few days mr. Deepk kumar from service centre in patna on his visit to gaya attend my comlain on 8.8.13.he took photo of internal parts of my tv and assured me the problem will be rectified in a week.after a week repeatdly called service cetre but no proper response was given . Today i again contacted service cetre and i was given mobile no7488541798 of Navin kant but he refused to attend my comlain.seeing no progress i am lodging this coomplain to your and if my comlain still remains unattend i will have to move to consumer court
Thanking you

Dear Madam/Sir,

I want to lodge a complaint against the attitude of one of Sony service centres in Rawalpindi, MOTI MAHAL PLAZA, Telephone numbers: 051-5951240 and 59512401.

I registered a complaint on Saturday, 04-april-2013. They visited us after three days yesterday. Checked TV and asked us to bring television to service centre. They charged Rs 800/-

I visited them at around 06:00 p.m. and asked them:

1. that the television be repaired at my home and I will pay full charges including home service charges, OR

2. we will bring television at service centre but one of us will sit in the centre while TV is being repaired. But we were told that neither of the options is available. None of us will be allowed to watch repair of our television.

What does this means.

a) either the centre plans to charge for the services/parts which actually are not faulty, or

b) change the genuine parts. This actually happened to a friend whose television never got fixed and finally he had to sell his television and get a new one.

Sony is a big name and their service centres should have certain moral values. They should not be cheaters and should not loot their clients.

I need an answer to this complaint. Or I reserve the rights to send these details to media and put something in newspapers.

Syed Abdul Hameed

Tel: 051-2086435 (office)

Customer Rating

As a keen and avid gamer , over the years ive spent thousands of pounds on sony products and actively enjoy using many of sonys online services , including playstation at home. myself and many of my friends have been subjected to abuse on numerous occasions . from the same individuals, many of my friends ,particlairly female ones, have endured what id call harrassment and cyber bullying. These bullys recieve bans for their actions but the same people get round it by setting up new emails and accounts and still persist , some people on my friends list have even sought advice from the police over this , something must be done about this , especially with the recent tragic events in the media.

Contact the Sony Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Sony. What is their corporate mailing address?

550 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022
  • I want to call the Sony customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

212-833-6722
  • I need to visit the Sony company website. What is their website address?