Customer Satisfaction Results
2.07 out of 5 Stars
138 Consumer Reviews

Sony
Complaint Department

Sony Corporation (www.sony.com) is a multifaceted international conglomerate of electronics, media and entertainment. There are two major divisions, Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. According to hoover.com, revenues for 2015 were reported as US 68 billion, down from 2011 report of US 86 billion. Sony employs over 131,000 and is publicly traded on the NYSE:SNE.

If you need to contact Sony for customer service the main number to call is 1-800-222-7669. It has been suggested that you press “0” three times, ignoring the ‘error’ message. If you would like to contact the American CEO, you may address postal correspondence to Michael Lynton at one of two addresses. Sony Corporation of America, 550 Madison Avenue #3, New York, NY 10022 and the corporate phone number is 212-833-6800.

Sony Computer Entertainment American, Inc has a postal address of 10075 Barnes Canyon Rd., San Diego, CA 92121. The main Sony Corporation headquarters is in Tokyo, Japan and the CEO there is Kazuo Hirai.

Founded in 1946 by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuku the Sony mission is: ‘everything we do is to move you emotionally’ or ‘inspire and fulfill your curiosity’. Another ‘by line’ is creating unique new cultures and experiences. You may scroll down and find this inside story on design inspiration of interest. Social media presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.

Have you had problems with Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

Top 138 Reviews about Sony

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Sony customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

After 18 months of owning my ps4 it stopped reading disc. It's never been damaged and the disc are brand new. Of course this happens soon as my warranty is up ! Sony told me I could pay $150 to get it repaired but why should I have to pay for something that I didn't break. The product is defected and Sony is aware but refuse to fix the problem! I've spent $600 on this game. For it to break in under 2 years. This has happen to me and half the people I know that own PS4. This is wrong and something needs to be done.

Upvote (0)

My PS3 suddenly stopped playing disk games for some reason... & now i want to put my account on my dads PS3... My dad just recently passed away on 10-29-15 at about 11:00 PM & his PS3 is now mine... & my PS3 is junk so I need to put my account on my dads PS3 so i can play disk games again... if u need my PS3's SERIAL number it is SERIAL : CG219054191 - CECH 2001A & my PSN account is Wolf_Lover14 so please send me an email telling me what my password is so i can put my account on my dads PS3... please, I need to be able to play GTAV again. Thank-You.

Upvote (0)

Have Sony XBR65X850B Ultra HD TV bot in March 2015, cost over $2500. Saturday TV stopped working, no picture, no functions, no nothing. Called Sony, they are closed on weekends.
Called Monday morning, told to call back later or tomorrow as "the system is down". Called back 2 hours later, spoke with several broken English foreigners, was placed on hold several times for 5+ minutes, am now told that a pert is on order for my TV and someone will call me sometime. 1 hour, 7 minutes on this call. And we thought Comcast was bad, these people want to do business in the U.S., charge top dollar for their products, ignore problems, outsource their "service call centers" to some rathole and expect us to be happy. Last Sony product for me.

Upvote (0)

My A77mk2 has gotten so hot 3 times that I can not touch it. It drains the batteries. I also have a grip. I sent the camera in when it was less than five months old with this problem. I was told nothing is wrong with it. Last month the camera got warm, and drained the batteries. Tonight I had to cancel a shoot, because it happened again only worse!!! It was so hot I had to let it cool to touch it. I am very disappointed, because I spent thousands buying Sony products, and have been satisfied. I will not wait until this camera melts. As hot as it got, it had to destroy internal parts. I depend upon a dependable camera, and this is my 4th from Sony. I can not afford to start over with a different camera brand, and I should have not to. I want a new camera. I am afraid to use this camera, and I should not pay almost $1000 for something less than a year old, and take the batteries out when not using. I am beyond upset. That my camera was not fixed correctly the first time. I do not trust Sony repairs. Either give me a new camera or if this camera burns me, I will contact every news channel I can find to share my Sony complaints.

Upvote (0)

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Upvote (0)

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Upvote (0)

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Upvote (0)

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Upvote (0)

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Upvote (0)

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Upvote (0)

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Upvote (0)

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Upvote (0)

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Upvote (2)

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Upvote (0)

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Sony Viao S in Shanghai and because of the language problems I cannot get this issue resolved. My Shanghai repair ticket is VAIO(5269053). I paid a premium for the latest product and it broke down after 3 months so I took it to your service department. They informed me it would be 2 weeks because the parts had to come from Japan because my computer was a custom item from Japan. 2 weeks later they informed me that the parts had not arrived so I would need to wait for another 2 weeks. At the end of these further 2 weeks I was informed the problem was not the PC board and that they were getting more components . They say my computer will be ready in a further 2 weeks. I own computers for 2 years this means that I have not had a computer for 1/12 of the time. My last computer was a Sony and it had 3 issues with the PC board but these were fixed within one week because it was made in China. When does Sony call an issue a consume issue and intervene? I do not want this computer because if anything more happens it will take another 6 weeks. I want a Chinese built Sony or my money back. I paid a premium for this product. I need to speak with someone where customer service is important, if not I will veto Sony products from our company here and in Australia and raise this with the Chinese consumer authorities.

Upvote (0)

I asked for a refund receipt in an email to be sent to me to give to my bank so they can try to get my refund which Sony said they had given to my bank and to call the back because it is up to them now. Sony will not give it to me and will not give me a manager to talk to or the complaints department phone number or call me back even though they state in the recording that you hear when you call them that you can get a call back if you press 1 and leave your number.

Hi All,

My name is Jatin Aggarwal. My contact number is +91-9968241605. I had purchased a Sony Xperia Tipo on 21th Oct 2012 and on the very same day I got the issue (Touch not working and Hang) with that. I had logged the complaint against it to very next day of purchase on this ID (noreply@sonymobile.com & questions.in@support.sonymobile.com ) and got an email of troubleshooting steps of software upgrade. I had done as they mentioned on the mail but no luck.
Then, I had visited to their service center (Vinayak Enterprises, 5/13, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi-110008) and open a ticket (12102500936) for handset replacement but they also said it has only a software issue and after reloading it would be fine. I told to them I have already tired and there is a hardware issue not a software issue, but they didn’t agree to listen me. Software was uploaded by them on it and it worked only for 2 day and then got the same issue. I again visited the same service center for showing the same issue and said to them please replace my handset and also open the ticket (12111700123 DOA) for it replacement but still they are saying it would only be repair not replaced.

I just only want to know that I made a mistake to purchase the Sony product. I was the new customer of Sony as Sony is the largest brand in the world but its service is very poor.

I kept this mobile only for 3 days in my hand from the purchase date and rest of days it is with your service center. Right now it is also with your service center for Motherboard replacement and I don’t know when it would be in my hand. I am trying to contact to your service center for getting fixed but they are still saying it will take 2 to 3 more days for repair.

I need the immidate resoluation.

Upvote (0)

My playstation3 has been turning off almost every time I play a game while on a loading screen . This has becom an issue because I paid money for games that I cant even play Black ops 2 being the main one , I played that game and it made my system shut off improperly and caused me to lose files . I fear that my playstaion can be permanently damaged by the constant shutting off . The only thing that works is the netflix

Upvote (0)

I submitted my Handset For the Replacement in Sony Service Centere on 7th of Feb 2013 and noe Its April, but no one is Able to Tell me When I can Get my Handset Back. I contacted Everyone including Assistant Manager (Dheeraj Joshi/ Rohin Jain), Pune Regional Head (Nilesh Kumbhar) and also Maharashtra Regional Head (Mr. Ashish Parek) but every time they are telling me the wrong information..First they told me that You handset is shipped from chennai, Now from last 15 days they are telling me that your Handset is shipped From Delhi,

I dont Know from which corner of Country they Shipped my handset. Everytime they are ljust faking..I thuink there are only Liers in Sony.. even in highr post...

Upvote (0)

As a keen and avid gamer , over the years ive spent thousands of pounds on sony products and actively enjoy using many of sonys online services , including playstation at home. myself and many of my friends have been subjected to abuse on numerous occasions . from the same individuals, many of my friends ,particlairly female ones, have endured what id call harrassment and cyber bullying. These bullys recieve bans for their actions but the same people get round it by setting up new emails and accounts and still persist , some people on my friends list have even sought advice from the police over this , something must be done about this , especially with the recent tragic events in the media.

Upvote (0)

A few days ago I tried to download/install itunes/apple software on my sony vaio laptop. The vaio was unable to complete the task due to corrupted files. A window directed me to reinstall the software. However, again I was unable to install the software. I contacted AppleCare by phone. the tech informed me that I would need to uninstall all Apple software and then install the software.. He e-mailed me the "how to" information. I did everything as directed. However I still was unable to install the software due to corrupted files. Therefore, today I contacted Sony Support Center by on-line live chat. After some time the tech stated I would need to pay a yearly fee of $299.99 to have to issue fixed. For me, that is a great deal of money for me and I told the tech I would need to talk to my brother and requested he e-mail the information to me. He stated he would be unable to send an e-mail and then offered I pay a one time fee of $89. to have the issue fixed. Again, I requseted him to e-mail the information to me. The tech then responded, his supervisior updated him, I pay a one time fee of $69. and he could fix the issue. Again I requseted him to e-mail the information to me, He then wrote goodbye and ended the session. I am a repeat Sony product customer. I own many Sony products...playstations 1,2,and 3's, 3 PSP's, laptops and many other Sony products. However if this is how Sony treats repeat customers. I don't feel I will be a continued customer. I will also let my friends and family know not to buy Sony products.

Upvote (0)

I Purchased 10 Movies in the month of december. These are movies to own from the ps3 store. Digital copies. In the game area if you download a game you can redownload it at a later time. However after having a technical issue following my downloads I restored the ps3 system but it wiped out the harddrive. I was able to get my games back however the movies lost.

When I contacted sony In november they told me they put a claim in and I would be notified within 7-10 days. I called today January the 5th and the rep told me sony denied my claim. This is pretty fraudelent since #1 I paid for something I dont own, cant copy nor watched.

And if there was an ability to copy the movie then what would be the big deal to redownload it. I spent 200 on a system I give plenty of money too to be treated this way. I have purchased 3 ps3 already and ps2 and ps1 in the past. I have given them years of subscription money for ffx1, dc universe, playstation plus and music unlimited.

I have purchased over 50 games from the ps3 store. I guess they take what they want and dont care about thier consumers. Well all bets are off and I will make sure I enlighten all the people on sony forums and ps3 freinds that they should really own a hard copy because they work too hard for their money. And the perk is you dont have to download it.

I will also enlighten them on fees they shouldnt be paying per month. I was loyal customer but that is now over They should be indicted for stealing.

Upvote (0)

KDL -52 xbr4 TV Purchased in 2008 Extended warranty expired. My family and i have always purchased sony products. this rediculos,Even though the warranty expired I cant believe this TV still has major problems. . After talking to the CEC dept they offered me a refirbushed comparable tv for @679.00. Not acceptable needless to say. I do not want used products. Alternately they offered me $500.00 off a new tv. Alli want is for you to replace the screen. The quotes to fix this tv by an authorized dealer of sony was way off base. I wouild consider bying the 65 inch xbr if you can get me a better discount. I understand this has been a real problem among many others having the same tv ( horizontal lines and double images). In closing to make life smple,can you replace the screen (prefer this),the picure when working is great. Even though the warranty expired a few months ago,exceptions can be made for good customer relations. its hard to believe a Sony TV top of the line can go bad in 4 and 1/2 years.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a SONY VAIO laptop VPCEG18FG model in August 2011. Earlier I found that it was quite good to appear and light weight to carry, but over the time I found that besides being light weight the quality of the plastic material used in the laptop was not up to the mark . Many surfaces of the laptop just get pressed easily like its very thin layer and might break anytime.The materials used by other companies appear to be much stronger than SONY VAIO with almost equivalent weight and other features. Also the screen of the laptop has got very loose and also started moving left and right even after handling the laptop with so much of care.

I really thought that SONY makes world class quality products I strongly feel hat it isn't true. I am really disappointed to see such a trustworthy company making such low quality products. I don't no what to do further with my laptop as I am not sure what kind of problem might appear anytime in its surfaces. Please tell me what should I do now.

Upvote (0)

I write this letter to express my frustration with Sony Support during the last 3 months, and seek quick resolution to the problem. I have made numerous calls to the support center and so far no resolution has been reached. It is very frustrating for us.  Issue: Had a non-working PS3 controller. I called the support service on Aug 3, 2011 and they created a peripheral exchange request (as attached). I shipped the controller with expedited shipping the very next week. So far I have yet to receive the replacement. We have made numerous calls to the support services with no success.

Have spent countless hours which costed far more than the mere price of controller (not to mention the frustration of my son). Each time they asked me to call back again in a week or so! After a few weeks of trying in the beginning, I also asked them to change the controller color from green to black as they told me that black controllers were faster to ship. Every couple of weeks I call them—explain the whole situation all over again. Ask them to ship the black controller and I still get the same response that it is back ordered. Almost 3 months have gone by repeating this process!

Upvote (0)

I have had my PS3 for 3 years now and it has never worked properly from the beginning. It has always given me issues from games freezing, to the system shutting off on its own, then your network being hacked. I now am faced with a new problem; I am no longer able to play on the system. I receive an error code: 80010514. It will not play any of the games that I insert in to the system. I have purchased CD laser cleaning tools to Blue ray cleaning tools. I have restored the system and still does not work. My PS3 has basically become an oversized paper weight. I have been in contact with your customer service dept.

And they want me to mail it in for repairs for some fee. A fee which I could purchase a new PS3 if I chose to make that mistake again! I have owned all the PS game systems and have had problems with most of them in the past but not like I am having now. I have given up on Sony Play Station and through advice of friends and colleagues I have decided to purchase the Xbox. I understand sometimes that perhaps a person may come to possess a bad system but when you experience problems with all three and every time you reach out to the company all I get is the run around.

I believe it’s time to look for alternatives. It’s sad when you purchase something you have faith in because of the name and then when you have problems with it nobody cares to help. YouTube was more helpful then Sony.

Upvote (0)

i earlier contacted sony service centre for my mobile problems as it is under warranty,service centre person said that internal machinary will be change,i said okaybut they resolved only one problem of my mobile and rest were as it is.my complaint no was 13031000355.now there are so many problems are coming in mobile or we can say every function of mobile is totally disturbed,what service centre person did with my mobile i don't know but i think they did't work proper.
so please help me,i am totally fade up with the sony mobile and its services.

Upvote (0)

I ordered a Sony tv thru she sony online sore. It never arrived. I called to inquire about it, after another of couple of days, they said my reship had been authorized, which I never had requested. When I called back to request some sort of expedited service I was told that was not possible. When I requested an email address to express my dissatisfaction, I was told there was none, when I requested a phone number, again I was told there was none. They did give me a snail mail address. I would have thought a tech company would be a little more with it and would like to hear about their consumers experiences, apparently not. Hopefully I will see the tv eventually.

Upvote (0)

Dear Sir or Madam, Complaint about faulty goods I bought a PS3 from you a couple years ago, I paid around £270 for it and whilst i acknoledge my ps3 is out of warrenty i am very upset and disapointed how ive been dealt with whislt contacting your customer support service. I turned on my PS3 and was asked to perform a update which i did, upon returnning to the console i found it to be off! Once i turned it back on there was nothing on the screen, there was no power cut nor was the console turned off so it shouldnt of broken but it has. I've always purchased sony products as i see them as the best and this is infact my third PS3 which ive had a problem with!

I am tired of paying out money to fix a product that shouldnt be faulty afer a couple years! I contacted your customer support and performed all the troubleshooting and they told me i have to pay over £100 plus to fix/repair my PS3 Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose this product was broken by yet another update from PSN, I request that you repair the goods at no cost to me as i am seriously thinking about not buying sony products anymore as it seems im always paying out more money on a product that shoyuldnt need repairing. Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Upvote (0)

I have been trying to get a replacement for the below mentioned set for a long period of time. Have not got any favourable response till date. Finde below the details for the complaint made in the last 6 months:- Please be informed that the music system has been repaired numerous of times but the problem never gets eliminated. There seems to be a manufacturing defect which is lying the system as the hitch persists again after a period of time.

If you need I can scan the Job latter and send it across, made by the service centre  which mentions the issues faced by the technician. It has been a long period and there is not point in stretching the same thing all over again. It is not a matter of repair that needs to be done but the matter of harassment that we have faced due to the inefficient working of the system and I have patiently waited for 4 months as it all got started in the month of March '11.

I would request you to replace the system as I have no faith in the product(specific piece) that has been sold to me. I have complete trust in SONY. If you wish you can provide me any other system of your choice may be of less value but there will no acceptance of any repair on this particular music system. Please refer to the below mentioned mail sent on 7th July ’11:-

Please look into the issue as I purchased a new Sony Music system(model No. MHC-GZR5D//CE12 dated 12th Feb ‘11) considering that this is best brand in terms of quality and after sale service. I was not able to use it as I was out of country. Unfortunately. it was the worst nightmare for me. It takes hours for me to listen to a song. I have been facing the below mentioned issues from the day I purchased the same. I thought it may get settled as I was not acknowledged with the respective functions but it never worked at all as per the expectations.

I lodged the complaint in the month of May, after examining the system technician made a complaint form and afterwards asked to bring it their venue. I took it up there and they checked the same issues and told me that they will call me, once it is being repaired. The result was not satisfactory as the same problems were still persisting. I again lodged a complaint in the month of June but nobody is responding on it.

Please find below the issues for your reference:
1. Sound does not come very often.
2. Mostly music system goes off while playing
3. No Recording in the Tape section.
4. Messages that reflects very often on the display screen:-
I. Overload
II. Remove USB (wherein the usb is not attached).
III. Turn off the music system.
5. Display key works occasionally.
6. DVD/CD does not work (reading message reflects on the display screen)
7. Open/Close Issue, CD tray automatically comes out even if the command is given to play.
8. CD tray automatically comes out and goes in very frequently.

I believe there is some specific manufacturing defect in the piece as it never functioned properly. I would like you to look into the matter and replace the same as this is not bothering me but also impacting the reputation of the company.

Please take necessary action against the service centre as they are demolishing the standing of the brand. Waiting for your urgent and positive response.

Upvote (0)

Dear sir I purchased a sony led tv26" from a showroom at gaya in oct.2011.some technical problem occured in my tv in june13.I contacted toll free no. and registered my comlain vide complain no.1495049. After few days mr. Deepk kumar from service centre in patna on his visit to gaya attend my comlain on 8.8.13. He took photo of internal parts of my tv and assured me the problem will be rectified in a week. After a week repeatdly called service cetre but no proper response was given. Today i again contacted service cetre and i was given mobile no7488541798 of Navin kant but he refused to attend my comlain.seeing no progress i am lodging this coomplain to your and if my comlain still remains unattend i will have to move to consumer court.

Upvote (0)

Dear Madam/Sir, I want to lodge a complaint against the attitude of one of Sony service centres in Rawalpindi, MOTI MAHAL PLAZA, Telephone numbers: 051-5951240 and 59512401. I registered a complaint on Saturday, 04-april-2013. They visited us after three days yesterday. Checked TV and asked us to bring television to service centre. They charged Rs 800/- I visited them at around 06:00 p.m. and asked them: 1. that the television be repaired at my home and I will pay full charges including home service charges, OR 2. we will bring television at service centre but one of us will sit in the centre while TV is being repaired.

But we were told that neither of the options is available. None of us will be allowed to watch repair of our television. What does this means. a) either the centre plans to charge for the services/parts which actually are not faulty, or b) change the genuine parts. This actually happened to a friend whose television never got fixed and finally he had to sell his television and get a new one. Sony is a big name and their service centres should have certain moral values. They should not be cheaters and should not loot their clients. I need an answer to this complaint. Or I reserve the rights to send these details to media and put something in newspapers.

Upvote (0)

Recently, A PS-VITA that I bought has stopped working in the sense that the power buttons and volume buttons don't work. Through the guide of Sony's Phone-Help Center, we sent the product to a Warehouse to which point it was sent into the technicians at the actual company. They have so far sent us back the product two times claiming "sand damage". I find it particularly hard to believe that sand particles big enough to do enough damage could enter such a compact device, and they gave us pictures pointing out places that have NO relation to the problem areas in the our PS-VITA. At this point I feel like SONY is avoiding fixing this device because sand particles are very small particles that are either too small to cause damage or too big to get inside that system. I believe that SONY is simply lying to us, and they have us trapped with their money, as they said that we can only hope to replace the device and if we were to open up the device ourselves to find the issues that we would end up voiding the warranty.

Upvote (0)

Dear Sir, This is from faridabad, I buy a digital camera of sony(DSC-W310/PC E37) from croma showroom on date 15.08.10 WITH A WARRENTY OF 3YEARS.ON 8.10.2011 I notice that the zoom of my camera is not working properly and picture quality is not as fine as usal so i submitted it to croma (from where i buy the product)on date 9/10/11 they told me to get it after 10 days & also mention on recienving that there is problem with its focus and picture quality ,picture is coming but not so clear.

on 15.10.11 i got a call from service centre of sony that there is physical damage in your product which was not at the time when i submiit it to croma.when i went to see the physical damage at sony service centre 5c/6 BP railway road niit faridabad than Mr. Anjani head of that centre told me that dont complaint here you had buy the product from croma so complaint in croma and we got the product in this condition,and at that time camera was in dead condition. i mean when i submitt the camera it was working,, the only problem was with its zoom now it is not coming even in start condition.

sir, i dont know that whoes mistake is this wheather, but my product is mishandeled by someone and now they are just stamping it to me. i also has a recieving from croma that the problem is only with zoom and there is no physical damage on camera , but now there is visible dents on camera .croma is supporting me but sony service centre is not.please solve this problem as soon as possible. thank you.

Upvote (0)

It is a month already since I passed my phone to Sony service center at Bishan Junction 8. I keep following up but the answer is the same. The call center girl said there is a part of my mobile needs to be changed and they are still waiting for the part delivery. Basically when I do online shopping, it will not take more than 3 weeks for the delivery from worldwide. What happened, Sony?? Or may be there is no stock for the spare part?

How can a big company such Sony has no stock for the spare part for a month without restock? Until when do I need to wait?? I walked back to Sony to collect my phone without any parts changed because the girl said they already upgraded my software / OS --- my problem is blank screen which needs the software to be upgraded if I read on lots of online forum ---, but the girl said cannot since they disassembled it already and wait for the spare part before reassemble it.

I am very pissed of now. I told the girl I need to go back to Indonesia on early February 2013, please expedite and give me back my phone before it, but they give me the loan phone instead. What the hell?? This is the first time I need to wait for so long. Motorola and Samsung can gave me back my phones within two weeks only.

Sony, please... I just need my phone back before I go back to Indonesia. I really hope Sony can be more responsible to customer or else I will blow up this case online. Thank you.

Job No : SEJ8-J12213204
Book In Date : 17-Dec-2012
Customer : Iin Farentin Tanzil
Mobile No : 96470172
IMEI No : 359590047988081
NRIC : GXXXX433W

Upvote (0)

I bought the PS3 super slim about 6 months ago, and it have been nothing but the worst piece of machinery i have ever bought from you. 1. It's noisy. It makes a ton of different sounds that are loud and annoying. 2. It's overall performance is so bad! Just starting a game takes me 3 tries, and when i finally get down to playing it freezes.
I'm a big fan of the playstation and have owned every one you have made, and i can honestly say that the super slim is the worst.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Frederik Borring Edslev on 08/30/2013 about Sony. This opinions contained in this Sony complaint titled, "PS3 Super Slim - Slow, noisy and bad." do not reflect the opinion of the website.

Upvote (0)

I bought notebook vaio Sony from Egypt. Purchase date 14 / 8 / 2012 and did not use it until one month on April i found cabinet always empty after 5 days off without using it. i asked IBS to solve this problem because notebook until now into warranty but the main problem i found ibs has not any Authorized service center into Alexandria which means this is problem because they cannot cover all Egypt. Ibs take the items which have a problem to Cairo when customer pay to them 75 L.E even the notebook into warranty Although they did not come especially to customer but the Ibs car come to bring or take goods from Alexandra city center Carrefour store. They take my notebook from 24/ 4 / 2013 until now they did not solve my problem and do not care about my complain. And refuse solve the problem although notebook into warranty. How Ibs take transfer charges to solve the problem i think i bough item which good brand and they don't care about the brand name. You must give customer good Authorized service center worldwide if you have not this is your problem. and when Ibs receive my notebook from me from the first why did not told the problem before send it to Cairo and make me pay 75 L.E without solve my problem. Where is vaio Customer service? Please solve to me this problem very quickly I need my netbook.

Upvote (0)

I have been a user of Sony products and in particular the PS3 for over five years. My reliable PS3 (bought in 2008) had some hardwares issues in December of 2012. Even though it was not used a great deal it experienced hardware issues that led me to replace the hard drive and the blue ray. After doing this the PS3 failed to connect to the Internet. After a great deal of time on my part I learned that PS3s have a very difficult time connecting through Apple AirExpress routers, which is the router I have. All my other devices (PC's etc.) have no problem with the AirExpress however the PS3 just will not connect. I have had network experts spend countless hours trying to get it to connect to no avail. I finally threw the PS3 out after spending over eight hours on it trying to get it to connect. A friend of mine had a new (12/2012) PS3 he lent me to use. After hooking it up I had the exact same connectivity issues as I did with my old one. I will return it to my friend. It is amazing to me the Sony creates a product that can not connect with an Apple device. Honestly it is mind boggling to not be able to connect to one of the biggest name products in the world. Good job Sony.

Upvote (0)

I had a problem with my Sony cybershot (DSC-W570/NC E37) camera. I registered a complaint with Service center on 11th october 2011. My Job number is WS100903211101100291. serial no.8790592. Service Center Address: NEWSIS sony authorized service centre plot no:6,sidhivinayak society,opp water irrigation office,next to sujata mastani icecream shop, near karve statue,kothrud,pune-411038Phone : 25454163,25434163,25423163. i purchase camera on 6-10-2011 from mahavir electronics 217-220,sobashilp,near ch.shivaji statue kothrud,pune-411029 ph:25388171,25384493

After fourth day we had our function camera flash not worked properly & our program photos are totally black i want to tell you my camera is 16.1 megapixel so it is not satisfied me when I checked up, they mentioned that I will be getting a
replacement within 7 Day.

Till now I have not received the replacement. Every two days I go to their
center and they not speak well & said you go to consumer court,said loudly to customers.they don't have respect of there customers,nobody give response of current status,Nobody picks up the phone. Nobody takes the responsibility to address my issues.

i will tell you if your service station people behaviour not well its affect on sony reputation in the market. I will appreciate if you help in solving my problem. please give me replacement of my camera as early as possible!

Upvote (0)

Hai sir.i bought sony tipo duel but i have so many problem.the problem arised within 20days from i bought phone.2time board replacement one time battery replacement but the problems are repeated.Above 2months my phone in service center.i used my phone only 10days.so pls help me.please replace it

Upvote (0)

Shame on Future Shop for recommending it. I have tried to get it working for over a year!. I only ever had one book download sucessfully then the screen froze. the power does not hold. Sony have done nothing to help me. They won't refund the money because it was a gift. It's their product! They should stand behind it!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Stephanie on 09/09/2013 at IP address 206.152.4.66 using our SONY complaint form. This opinions contained in this SONY customer review titled, "Sony Reader is Garbage, a waste of Money. " do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Upvote (0)

I had purchased 1 sony led 3d tv model KDL40HX750 on 06.10.2012. At that time ther was an offer of free 8 gb pre loaded pen drive with that tv which i was given with that tv. But when i used that i found that it is not working, it is a defective/corrupted device. when i reported to the dealer, the dealer advised me to report to customer care and when i reported to customer care they advised me to talk to dealer. The fact is that the dealer is 300 km away from me. Is it possible to visit to the dealer for that small reason frequently?
In the circumstances i would like to request to look into the matter and arrange to solve this problem by replacing with a new one.

Upvote (0)

Having been prompted to upgrade on my PS3 to the latest update 4.30 on Saturday afternoon, what was a perfectly playing play station is now completely broken. I have called the help line twice and received extremely poor service with the only response being that it is my console. I absolutely will not accept this response, and having read up on many online forums it appears there are many others out there with the same problem. It is no coincidence that many of us had perfectly playing consoles and within the seconds of the upgrade and to be told it is my console is frankly insulting. It may well be the console but only because your software has corrupted it. I will not accept this as my problem and your lack of ownership is ridiculous. I work for a national organisation and with our paying customers, we hold hands up if we have made a mistake and put the customer back to the position they were in before the error. To be invited to upgrade to new console is not any kind of resolve, I expect my console to be repaired at your cost or replaced. For your information I have written to BBC Watchdog about the appalling service I received on the phone and reading online I'm sure others will be doing the same. My reference for your record with your helpline dept is 3056450. I look forward to receiving your sensible response and not that my console just happened to break at the exact point that the upgrade was loaded.

Upvote (0)

If you are thinking about purchasing a Sony home audio docking system RDH-GTK1I and you are an American working family that $250 U.S.D means money please don’t purchase this wooden box, unless you need a heavy flashlight with a handle. 220 MRS lol…The volume in almost every setting from 0 to 15 there is barely no sound all you have left is 16 to 30. Trust me not loud at all!!! I purchase this product on line reading some reviews as soon it arrived I noticed there was no sound and I tried to return it but there was a $52.00 return shipping and a 25% restocking fee so I called the Sony store in a local mall they told me that I could exchange it and got the person’s name so I drove there.

I arrive at the mall and I got a $5.00 shopping cart push the wooden flashlight into store, once I got to the Sony store the cashier told me NO we do not take anything purchased online, I told her listen I spoke to someone on the phone and gave her a name she said sorry they gave you the wrong information so I asked for the store manager, I asked him to exchange the wooden flashlight for anything in the store even if it was a lesser value I was willing to pay a restocking fee. The answer was NO I’m Sorry. So I drove home took it apart trying to find anything I could maybe adjust to increase the volume another NO.

So I placed it on the roof of my shed volume at 10 obviously no sound facing up so when planes fly by at night they will say that’s a nice flashlight red and blue until it burns. At least now when I go outside and I see it I get reminded not to purchase anything from Sony Sound unless you drive to the store and test it first. I’m sure for Sony for $250 is like a penny to me or less. Be advised if you see any positive post on this flashlight it’s probably a Sony agent. Thank you for reading you have been advised.

Upvote (0)

I paid top dollar for a 55" Sony LED 3d TV. I've had it for 16 months and now there is no picture. The red LED standby light blinks 4 times. The manual says to call the number on the cover and report the number of times the LED blinks to Customer Service and they will tell you how to proceed. Well, Customer Service is outsourced and the people I reached don't know how to interpret the LED blink rate. All they can do is refer you to a service center located 67 miles from my house.

I could go on about the numerous calls to local repair shops etc., but all the results are pretty much the same. I wish I could find some decent trouble-shooting steps to try and isolate the problem myself. I really don't want to pay someone half the price of the TV to get it fixed.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Sony blu ray player on 1/11/2013. The player freezes during some blu ray movies (Twlight Breaking Dawn Part 2 and Red Riding Hood). Once the player freezes none of the controls work and you have to unplug the player to shut it down. The player does play none blu ray movies correctly and some blu ray movies (Hancock, Underworld, Total Recall, Hunger Games).
Called for technical support on 3/12/13 (Event ID: E57151343) and was told it was a firmware problem that would not play any blu ray movie released in 2013 and there was no estimated release date for new firmware.
Called on 3/13/13 and spoke with rep Jean and asked that she file a complaint for me.

I've heard nothing back from Sony. It is unacceptable to expect me to have a NEW blu ray player but not be able to watch whatever movie I want. Not to mention Red Riding Hood was released prior to 2013. I have spent money on a blu ray player that does not work properly as well as money on blu ray movies that I cannot watch. Sony needs to compensate me for the money spent and inconvenience. It is an unacceptable solution to expect me to wait for a new firmware release in order to watch blu ray movies of my choice.

Upvote (0)

I bought the Sony Vaio laptop this August and it has been giving trouble ever since. I contacted Sony Technical support also about it. They restored my system but still it is giving trouble. It hang a lot. keeps on crashing when i start it. This has gotten me into a lot of trouble. I m very disappointed with the Vaio laptop.

Upvote (0)

everytime i try to play in multiplayer mode it tells me that sony doing maintenance and then leave it for a few hours it comes up with error code this has been many times sony have had this problem with other game players also and it is being a bit of a pain now as sony should have sorted all there problems with getting into games on multiplayer mode i feel as that sony have cheated there people that have bought games from them by asking them to stump up more money for maps for games so therefore the game that usually is £40 double to £80 with sony bringing out maps for c'o'd and other games and then charging u for to get these maps all i can say as they are a major rip off for a company and i should have stayed with xbox 360 as i had never had any of this problem before

Hello my name is andre and 3 years a go a buy laptop from u in ireland pc world
I have waranty with u for 5 years ,,ma laptop was more time in pc world for fixing then in my home iam not happy because they replaced for me screen and still is not good the screen is shaking and i was in pc world in blanchardstown and the people that they work on know how team there was adrian kowalski and he sad that all is ok and that wasnt good i speak with the managers 2 they sad have to be fixed again and that ma adrian kowalski sad that iam customers that i have all the time trouble that is not good from pc world and they people skills he is not deserve to work there first he need to teach good people skills its not nice from u too corporation sony i pay for my laptop 1000 eur and its not fer ... I am not feel good to go back there give my laptop to fix a and i dont know what i have to do it when the laptop is faulty Iam with u sony all my live and i never be sad to u that it will work people there like him iam not happy with u and i will not buy your product any more thank you for your time and thank you that my laptop was not good fixed and now is faulty that was realy nice spend money your cincerely sinu ondrej from ireland

Contact the Sony Complaint Department