Customer Satisfaction Results

Sony

Complaint Department

Filed by A on Jan 18, 2015
Consumer Rating

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty. I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

4 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

Sony Customer Feedback Trending Now

139 Sony consumers have created complaints against Sony to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Sony complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Sony corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Consumer Rating

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Consumer Rating

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Consumer Rating

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Consumer Rating

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 08.03.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market ....

That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony ... and Thanks

Consumer Rating

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Consumer Rating

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Consumer Rating

Recently i purchased a brand new PS3 and was grossly overcharged 300 when the xbox360 elite is 250 and is SUPERIOR in all aspects gameplay,updates,graphics,design. I have to manually close my ps3 because there was no featured added to push a button and then allow the system to close itself. not only that but most of the ps3 is now built with plastic aside from there being a huge gaping hole in my system the wifi is USELESS i paid 200for a premium router and my cell phone has better wifi then my ps3?! Anthor thing is i had to buy this new system recently because of a manufactors DEFECT in the original ps3 and would not replace my system or fix it even though it was sony fault i was told by a customer rep that i should go buy an xbox because sony doesn't replace defective products they sell unlike XBOX which replaces it and admit it was an error on their part. I personally after this experience will never buy anything SONY again i also have told friends and family unless you drop your prices and start fixing your defective POORLY made products hope you run out of business soon keep up the terrible service and keep mass producing GARAGE.

Consumer Rating

I bought Sony vaio laptop SVE15114FXS and found startling MOUSE PAD....beautiful to look at but when i put fingers
on mouse pad, it produced sound like thin and little steel plates collision....it sounds like bear toy who is playing drum... it is not giving smooth and soundless touch....means it is not appropriately padded ....i request for it's replacement....as i am a regular customer of Sony but today Sony has disappointed me.....mouse pad is properly to be padded so it should be soundless on click and on little press..... Waiting to have your optimistic response and even anticipated...

Best regards,

FARAN ANWAR
E mail : farananwar@hotmail.com

Consumer Rating

I bought a Sony LCD TV from Myer Hornsby on 26th Sept 2012 and the model no was kdl40ex520. I was about to buy Samsung LCD as there was no complaint with My friends Samsung LCD. But because of the Brand image and high confidence on Sony, i end up buying Sony LCD. When i connected USBs for viewing videos or photos, it was working fine but none of my or my friends external Hard disk was not working with the TV. All these Hard disk were working fine in all the other TVs like Samsung and LG. I reported this complaint in myer and they informed me that they are getting similar type of complaints from many customers. Told me to call customer number and get the complaint number then they can replace the TV with different model which will be suitable for Harddisk as well. I called Sony call centre and had very bad experience and not got the support on the same as the person who attended the call was trying to convince me and telling me that all my Hard disk need to be connected to computer and need to change the format, then only it will work with Sony TV. And he was rude and was not listening to my complaint. Now i need to change my TV and i approached Myer to do it or else i will take up this matter legally.

Consumer Rating

I called vaio few every time i called they keep transferring me from one agent to another i bought a laptop from and i only used it for 6 mohth i paid 1050$ for a i3 laptop,i chose vaio because a lot of people told me its good and i also brought a bravia 47inch hdtv screen died after used for 3 months only so they replaced with a newer tv and i start having same problem again,the laptop crashed twice in six month sony is charging me 60$ to recovery disk and the battery doesnt hold charge at all sony want to pay for battery which is 200$$ factory warranty is useless i never thought sony corporation will something like this.Dont by sony tv or vaio vpcf12afm laptop complete 2500 dollars.

We purchased a 60 inch Sony TV the end of January 2011. Used very little over the summer months. The end of October 2011 the TV shuts off and red light blinks 6 times. Sony sent service to replace the power supply....sent a defective part. We waited another week.....part did not fix the problem. The tech determined we have a defective set. Sony wants to replace with a REFURBISHED set with warranty till February. We DID NOT purchase a defective set, nor do we want a refurbished set. We should have this tv replaced by Sony with a NEW set. We have been totally ripped off!!!

Hi,
I have purchased a Sony Vio Laptop from Tanya Electronics, Metro Plaza, Meerut on 3rd-March-2013. (Model No. SVE14A15FNW IN5 & Serial No. 0003242). After two days I noticed that its mouse pad from right side is going down and right click is not working properly. I went to dealer on 10-March-2013 for my problem but he gave me the address of Service Center. I went to service center on 17-March-2013 and explained my problem to them. They took my Laptop and gave me the Job Card with Job No. J30475038. Then I collected my Laptop on 20-March-2013 but I am not satisfied with them as the problem remains the same. To get rid from this problem, they gave me irrelevant answers by saying that you have to press this pad from left side and then right side of mouse pad will come up. After that I called Customer Care and told my problem to them, they have given me the Complaint No and told me to go again to Service Center and they will replace that part. I went there again on 23-March-2013 and submitted my Laptop again with Job No. J30513774.

But I don't want to change that part, what I think that its a manufacturing defect. I want company to change this Laptop, as its not my fault and I am suffering from the day I purchased it.

Please help me on this and revert me ASAP.

Regards,

Hemant Sethi

+91-9808341442

Consumer Rating

I purchased a Sony Viao S in Shanghai and because of the language problems I cannot get this issue resolved. My Shanghai repair ticket is VAIO(5269053). I paid a premium for the latest product and it broke down after 3 months so I took it to your service department. They informed me it would be 2 weeks because the parts had to come from Japan because my computer was a custom item from Japan. 2 weeks later they informed me that the parts had not arrived so I would need to wait for another 2 weeks. At the end of these further 2 weeks I was informed the problem was not the PC board and that they were getting more components . They say my computer will be ready in a further 2 weeks. I own computers for 2 years this means that I have not had a computer for 1/12 of the time. My last computer was a Sony and it had 3 issues with the PC board but these were fixed within one week because it was made in China. When does Sony call an issue a consume issue and intervene? I do not want this computer because if anything more happens it will take another 6 weeks. I want a Chinese built Sony or my money back. I paid a premium for this product. I need to speak with someone where customer service is important, if not I will veto Sony products from our company here and in Australia and raise this with the Chinese consumer authorities.

Consumer Rating

i have purchased sony xperia neo l in oct' 11 2012 and hence nowadays my handset is getting much problem even though i have contacted the service center of sony which is located at suneja tower second floor district centre

on 7 feb' 2013 i have given my handset to the service center for the problem of jack and then they said that we have to change the mother board of it but after changing the mother board i got my phone on 21 feb' 2013 then also the problems occurs but not the same. this time my handset is getting the problem of battery i.c and charging problem and software problem then again i have submitted the handset on the above mention service center and now they are saying you will get your handset after 20 days so yet i am satisfied with the language of the worker of the service center

not even me. Many of the people are coming there for the same problem and not getting satisfied and i want the answer of it that for the jack problem why should they change the mother board which is not necessary only for the jack problem

For the every costumer they have different excusses and not satisfying a single costumer and they are saying the costumer dont know technical knowledge of the handset...............

please give me answer of it is this the service of sony to satisfied the costumer ..........

Consumer Rating

Dear Sir/Ma'am, i purchased i Sony mobile from Jumbo electronics Gurgaon on 8 march 2013,after 5 days that not working because their is hardware problem i contact to service centre and they people told me it's software problem then i told i checked it so could also check and confirmed that it's hardware problem .they will repair it and they had changed motherboard of mobile after 2 days again that problem came.

I talked again in service centre then again he told me we will change motherboard but now i was not satisfied with that kind of services. i talk with Sony service head and area manager of Sony to change this mobile because service centre change the motherboard 2 times and i don't want to use it now, they told me OK we will do it after 1 month they are saying we can't change it .i have both job sheet and my mobile is in service centre.

kindly do the needful this issue ASAP
Regards,
Alankrita Shukla

Consumer Rating

My PS3 was a first generation, 60gb hard drive console. I took great care of this thing. The problem is not caused by me, but Sony will not stand by their product and replace my system. I either get PS3 Slim (no PS1 nor 2 games can play) or pay 130 for them to fix my PS3. How about you guys fix the product that broke on me? I already paid for what I thought would be a functional PS3 for years to come. Apparently, Sony doesn't take care in the design and production of their product because it fell apart on its own accord. They also don't seem to care about customer satisfaction, either. I amEXTREMLY dissatisfied and will be switching to Microsoft's X-Box due to Sony's insincerity to loyal Playstation gamers.

Consumer Rating

Dear Sir/Madam. This is to remind you again that I had purchased a new sony laptop(model no. Vaio LT SVE14113EN/W) on 30.10.12 from M/s Synthesis Technologies-(12-13),Ranchi (copy of invoice enclosed).

I want to bring to your kind notice that ever since I purchased this laptop I am facing the problems.My newly purchased laptop was having manufacturing defect with mouse touch-pad.I referred the case to the shop from where I have purchased.He agreed to referred the case to your sony service centre, Ranchi and within a week time I got the replacement with the new laptop.But it is very shocking and unpleasant to say that the replaced laptop was having more manufacturing defects than the earlier one.Following are the defects which was encountered

a) Colour of mouse touchpad is not matching with body colour which your service centre people said not a big issue.
b) End Button of keyboard is not working properly.
c) Adapter get over heated very often.
d) Laptop slowed down while booting.

Since I was not in Ranchi I asked your service centre, Ranchi about the defect over the phone,they told me to bring the laptop to their centre.After reaching Ranchi I went to Your service Centre ,they registered my complain (service job sheet enclosed) and promised to replace with a new laptop by looking into the defects.I was carrying an inspiration that I will be provided with new laptop without any defect within a short time.

But It is painful to say that they have not informed me about status of the laptop even after ten days from the case being registered finally when I called them up and asked for the status,they didn't response and switched off their mobile.After continuous trail finally I was able to speak with one of their guy whose reply disappointed me.They say it cannot be replaced with a new one which they agreed to do while registering my case.

They have rather changed the keyboard without informing me and said adapter problem has been sorted out.My tampered laptop is still lying with the service centre, Ranchi.I have even called to your toll free customer care on 07.12.12 regarding this matter who told me to send the mail for new replacement citing the problems.

I wish to inform you that I have purchased sony laptop with a view that it has brand and reputation but the way I am harassed by the service centre people doesn't give a good idea.Since I have paid for the new laptop, a repaired tampered piece is not acceptable whose certainty of breaking down is more and which doesn't work satisfactorily.

I have already spent lots of my precious time and money behind this laptop.Considering the good will of such a brand I am sure that I will be provided with a new laptop with a hope that it doesn't have any more problems.A quick action in this regards is highly appreciable.

Chandan Kumar
Design Engineer,MECON Ltd.
Doranda, Ranchi

Consumer Rating

I submitted my Handset For the Replacement in Sony Service Centere on 7th of Feb 2013 and noe Its April, but no one is Able to Tell me When I can Get my Handset Back. I contacted Everyone including Assistant Manager (Dheeraj Joshi/ Rohin Jain), Pune Regional Head (Nilesh Kumbhar) and also Maharashtra Regional Head (Mr. Ashish Parek) but every time they are telling me the wrong information..First they told me that You handset is shipped from chennai, Now from last 15 days they are telling me that your Handset is shipped From Delhi,

I dont Know from which corner of Country they Shipped my handset. Everytime they are ljust faking..I thuink there are only Liers in Sony.. even in highr post...

Greetings gentlemaen,
it has come to my attention that music saved on the Playstation 3 gaming console cannot be listened too during video gaming. I find this to be inconvenient while I am enjoying your Sony products and wish this to be changed if possible by system update or maybe on a Playstation 4. I on behalf of all Playstation users would love to see this take affect.

Contact the Sony Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Sony. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 550 Madison Avenue
    • New York
    • NY 10022
  • I want to call the Sony customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

212-833-6722
  • I need to visit the Sony company website. What is their website address?