Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by A
Jan 18, 2015 - Calgary, AB
Bad

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty. I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

Have you had problems with Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

Top 143 Reviews about Sony

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Sony customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Poor

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Horrible

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Bad

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Bad

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Bad

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Bad

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Poor

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Bad

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 08.03.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market ....

That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony ... and Thanks

Horrible

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Bad

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Horrible

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Poor

All other TV manufacturers offer 3 year extended warranty in addition to the 1 year with purchase. Sony only offers 2 years extended. Why? Because in 3 years 10 months the screen goes out and Sony tells you to urinate in the wind. I bought Sony (at a much higher price than competitors products) because of past Sony quality. Their solution, offer me a new 40" LCD at $800 (basically retail anywhere). Avoid Sony, they have a great picture but it doesn't last long!

Bad

I bought a SONY LED TV on 18-9-2012 from PAI INTERNATIONAL,BEJAI, MANGALORE. On 28-10-2012 while watching tv it went off automatically n as it was SUNDAY, i registered a complaint on 29-10-2012 at around 9.30AM. But till 31-10-2012 9.30AM nobody came from SONY service center to attend the complaint.( as per rule it has to be attended withhin 48 hrs).Then i called SONY service center, n said them if its not attended then ill complain to higher officials. With in 30 min( ie. by 12.00PM) one technician came n checked n said its having board prob n it has to be replaced n called somebody n ordered the same n told us that it will b arriving ON 1-11-2012 n it will be fixed on same day by evening. But as earlier nobody came dt day,even we waited for them on 2-11-2012 till 8.00PM, Then I called your DELHI SONY CUSTOMER CENTER , even they said it vl b rectified as early as possible....For all these above thing i called some 20 times to authorised service center o customer care ....i never expected this kind of service from such a reputed company...n i never expected such ting happening to brand new tv that too for sony tv...wd all these experience next time if im buying ny electronic item dn definitly ill noy go for SONY.. .if its not attended even today dn definitly go to consumer court n lodge a complaint...

Bad

Having been prompted to upgrade on my PS3 to the latest update 4.30 on Saturday afternoon, what was a perfectly playing play station is now completely broken. I have called the help line twice and received extremely poor service with the only response being that it is my console. I absolutely will not accept this response, and having read up on many online forums it appears there are many others out there with the same problem. It is no coincidence that many of us had perfectly playing consoles and within the seconds of the upgrade and to be told it is my console is frankly insulting. It may well be the console but only because your software has corrupted it. I will not accept this as my problem and your lack of ownership is ridiculous. I work for a national organisation and with our paying customers, we hold hands up if we have made a mistake and put the customer back to the position they were in before the error. To be invited to upgrade to new console is not any kind of resolve, I expect my console to be repaired at your cost or replaced. For your information I have written to BBC Watchdog about the appalling service I received on the phone and reading online I'm sure others will be doing the same. My reference for your record with your helpline dept is 3056450. I look forward to receiving your sensible response and not that my console just happened to break at the exact point that the upgrade was loaded.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Complaint about faulty goods

I bought a PS3 from you a couple years ago, I paid around £270 for it and whilst i acknoledge my ps3 is out of warrenty i am very upset and disapointed how ive been dealt with whislt contacting your customer support service. I turned on my PS3 and was asked to perform a update which i did, upon returnning to the console i found it to be off! Once i turned it back on there was nothing on the screen, there was no power cut nor was the console turned off so it shouldnt of broken but it has.

I've always purchased sony products as i see them as the best and this is infact my third PS3 which ive had a problem with! im tired of paying out money to fix a product that shouldnt be faulty afer a couple years!

I contacted your customer support and performed all the troubleshooting and they told me i have to pay over £100 plus to fix/repair my PS3

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose this product was broken by yet another update from PSN, I request that you repair the goods at no cost to me as i am seriously thinking about not buying sony products anymore as it seems im always paying out more money on a product that shoyuldnt need repairing.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.
Yours faithfully

Junior Daniel Johnson

Poor

I have had my PS3 for 3 years now and it has never worked properly from the beginning. It has always given me issues from games freezing, to the system shutting off on its own, then your network being hacked. I now am faced with a new problem; I am no longer able to play on the system. I receive an error code: 80010514. It will not play any of the games that I insert in to the system. I have purchased CD laser cleaning tools to Blue ray cleaning tools. I have restored the system and still does not work. My PS3 has basically become an oversized paper weight. I have been in contact with your customer service dept.

And they want me to mail it in for repairs for some fee. A fee which I could purchase a new PS3 if I chose to make that mistake again! I have owned all the PS game systems and have had problems with most of them in the past but not like I am having now. I have given up on Sony Play Station and through advice of friends and colleagues I have decided to purchase the Xbox. I understand sometimes that perhaps a person may come to possess a bad system but when you experience problems with all three and every time you reach out to the company all I get is the run around.

I believe it’s time to look for alternatives. It’s sad when you purchase something you have faith in because of the name and then when you have problems with it nobody cares to help. YouTube was more helpful then Sony.

Bad

I am 76 years old and I bought my Sony camera several years ago. i did'nt get to use it very long when all of a sudden I could not view the subject I was going to take a picture of. Everything else was working but that. I was devastated because I bought it and paid more than I could really afford because i wanted to take pictures of my Grandchildren. My warranty was out so just figuered I had been taken and had bought a lemon.

I got it out the other day thinking by sitting so long, that maybe it might work. But it did'nt The screen still lit up and the read outs were still there, but no view of subject to be photographed. My daughter was visiting and I showed it to her and she said "Mom, I thought you sent that back in when they recalled them for that problem". I told her that I did'nt know about it. She said,"well we sent ours back in and they fixed it. They had the same camera I had because we had gotten them at the same time.

So my question is, what must I do to get the repair? I would like to have talked to Customer Service but could not find a telephone number.

Context:

I purchased a Sony Vaio in November of 2012 online through Sony's website. Within the first month of receiving the product the motherboard crashed. Under warranty I sent the product to Laredo, TX for appropriate repairs. The product was returned in two weeks time with the built in webcam and microphone undiscoverable by the device manager. I deployed to Afghanistan with a laptop unable to see or talk to my family. Upon returning from overseas I presented the product to the sales and service representatives at the Cherry Creek Mall Sony Retail Outlet. I was informed that the issue was internal and that I need to send the product again to Larado, TX. I left the Sony Vaio in the possession of the store. Larado discovered the issue again was the motherboard and they needed to wait for a motherboard that was on back order. Three weeks later on April 10,2013 Larado, TX shipped the laptop allegedly to the (correct) give address: 14156 E. Mississippi Ave Apt: 203 Aurora, CO 80012. The package was received by Fedex on April 11, 2013 in Littleton , CO. The above mentioned package was labeled undeliverable. The package was then considered "return to shipper" (Larado, TX) on April 12, 2013. Throughout the duration of the time the I, "the customer" was not informed of an "undeliverable" status.

Notes of unsatisfactory performance:

Product - I have been a long time Sony customer. The laptop, having had the issues of the motherboard twice in a year is unsat.

Customer Service - Customer service has been inaccurate on estimated turnaround times. Sony has failed to inform me of an undeliverable package. Upon my discovery of the incident and Sony being made aware of the situation on April 12, 2013 Sony denied the possibility of canceling the "return to sender" status of my package. Fedex reference number: 544238594547 // I have been told "We are unable to do anything else" when you claim to stand behind your products. I am a student without a laptop to complete schoolwork with. Not once has an associate answered or accepted responsibility for my more recent experiences.

Repair Services - Larado, TX when repaired the laptop the first time failed to ensure the laptop would be returned in a fully functional state. While a month turn around time is understandable and not the nature of this complaint it is very inconvenient and has cost me personally an insurmountable amount of time and money. When returning the laptop the from the second repair I was not informed that the package was undeliverable. Instead the package was returned to the sender and I was unaware. Sony was unaware of the mishap completely and believed it was en route to Colorado. When informed that was not the case, Sony's customer service response was to tell me to call back on Monday ( April 15, 2013). The package was stated by Fedex to be in Memphis, TN.

Closing:

Respectfully, if I want to buy a poor product and spend a greater portion of a year attempting to solve issues I would buy a 300.00 Acer from Wal Mart and I would expect what I pay for. I purchased a product specific to my needs and I expect a reliable product matched with a concomitant workforce willing to prevent me from being inconvenienced by largely avoidable mishaps. I want someone to answer for any of this. I want to know how it's possible for Larado, TX to request the product be returned to shipper without having contacted me. If this is not remedied I will no longer purchase Sony products for personal or business use. I will do everything in my power to ensure all Sony customers are aware of your inept disorganization.

Johnathan Wesley Reid
(303)505-7028

Bad

i have a google tv , i purchased stated 12/10 . The google tv is less than 2 yrs old. my tv won't turn on.No idicator lights are on .blank . i dont use tv much . i have 4 tv in the home only one Sony . THE LIFE SPAND OF MY TV . I DONT HAVE WARRENTY THEY STATED . I NEED YOU TO REPAIR ,SEE WHAT HAPPENED, OR SEND ME A NEW TV. I NEED SOMETHING DONE . I DID NOTHING TO THIS TV .IF YOU COME OUT . YOU WILL SEE THAT . MARIA GEDDIS 8437092226

Contact the Sony Complaint Department