Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by A
Jan 18, 2015 - Calgary, AB
Bad

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty. I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

Have you had problems with Sony?

Compare Sony to Similar Electronics more...

Top 143 Reviews about Sony

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Sony customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Poor

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Horrible

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Bad

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Bad

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Bad

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Bad

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Poor

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Bad

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 08.03.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market ....

That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony ... and Thanks

Horrible

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Bad

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Horrible

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Bad

I bought a Sony 330A digital camera off of ebay on May 5th of 2011. Just shortly after my purchase I noticed a malfunction on the camera. I called the seller and was told they could not find anything wrong with it after sending it back to them for review. They suggested that I call the Sony customer service department to see what they could do as it was supposed to be under warranty. I spoke directly with a SONY representative. She asked me where I purchased the camera, when and from who.

I specifically asked if since I made my purchase off ebay if the camera was still under warranty and was told YES. I was also told that the warranty was good for one year after the date of my purchase. I specifically asked this question because if it weren't under warranty, I would send it back to the seller NOT to SONY for either repairs or my money back. Shortly after i sent the camera to SONY for the repairs I received an e-mail with a bill but not a single statement as to what the issue was and how it was fixed.

ONLY a bill for the labor and repairs. I sent one back saying, I don't think so and who blindly pays for a repair that is not explained. You don't go to your mechanic and tell him to charge you whatever for whatever he does to your vehicle? That would be costly and outrageous. Got a call the next day from another SONY rep telling me that my purchase off of ebay was NOT under warranty and oh so sorry for your wasted shipping costs and time vested and that their representative was wrong.

I asked to speak to someone of higher authority and was told "NO". Unbelieveable that SONY, as large as they are, has such poor, mistrained representatives and such poor customer service. In the real world, if you make a claim, you own up to it whether or not it cost your company money or not. I will be going to every single website I can to let everyone know what a rip off this company is as they were more than willingly to blindly accept my money and to not buy any products if you ever plan on having to fix them under their so called warranty.

Poor

Bought a brand new playstation3 from walmart in 2008. Had a minor issue with it so I sent it to sony for repair. The serial number was on this fairly new item. Sony did not repair my original playstation 3, instead they sent out a replacement one, with no serial number on it. At the time, I did not pay any attention to any serial number when the replacement one came back. Until here recently, I needed another repair, or replacement what ever scammish idea suggest. This time they did not replace or repair because of a serial number missing off one of the replacement playstation. I don't think there was a serial number on it. If it was how can it not be there now. My fairly new original playstation serial number was on it just find when they received it, but their so called "replacement" means jew the customer out of new machine and send an old worn out machine with no Serial NUMBER.

Poor

everytime i try to play in multiplayer mode it tells me that sony doing maintenance and then leave it for a few hours it comes up with error code this has been many times sony have had this problem with other game players also and it is being a bit of a pain now as sony should have sorted all there problems with getting into games on multiplayer mode i feel as that sony have cheated there people that have bought games from them by asking them to stump up more money for maps for games so therefore the game that usually is £40 double to £80 with sony bringing out maps for c'o'd and other games and then charging u for to get these maps all i can say as they are a major rip off for a company and i should have stayed with xbox 360 as i had never had any of this problem before

Bad

I had a problem with my Sony cybershot (DSC-W570/NC E37) camera. I registered a complaint with Service center on 11th october 2011. My Job number is WS100903211101100291. serial no.8790592. Service Center Address: NEWSIS sony authorized service centre plot no:6,sidhivinayak society,opp water irrigation office,next to sujata mastani icecream shop, near karve statue,kothrud,pune-411038Phone : 25454163,25434163,25423163. i purchase camera on 6-10-2011 from mahavir electronics 217-220,sobashilp,near ch.shivaji statue kothrud,pune-411029 ph:25388171,25384493

After fourth day we had our function camera flash not worked properly & our program photos are totally black i want to tell you my camera is 16.1 megapixel so it is not satisfied me when I checked up, they mentioned that I will be getting a
replacement within 7 Day.

Till now I have not received the replacement. Every two days I go to their
center and they not speak well & said you go to consumer court,said loudly to customers.they don't have respect of there customers,nobody give response of current status,Nobody picks up the phone. Nobody takes the responsibility to address my issues.

i will tell you if your service station people behaviour not well its affect on sony reputation in the market. I will appreciate if you help in solving my problem. please give me replacement of my camera as early as possible!

Horrible

It is a month already since I passed my phone to Sony service center at Bishan Junction 8. I keep following up but the answer is the same. The call center girl said there is a part of my mobile needs to be changed and they are still waiting for the part delivery. Basically when I do online shopping, it will not take more than 3 weeks for the delivery from worldwide. What happened, Sony?? Or may be there is no stock for the spare part?

How can a big company such Sony has no stock for the spare part for a month without restock? Until when do I need to wait?? I walked back to Sony to collect my phone without any parts changed because the girl said they already upgraded my software / OS --- my problem is blank screen which needs the software to be upgraded if I read on lots of online forum ---, but the girl said cannot since they disassembled it already and wait for the spare part before reassemble it.

I am very pissed of now. I told the girl I need to go back to Indonesia on early February 2013, please expedite and give me back my phone before it, but they give me the loan phone instead. What the hell?? This is the first time I need to wait for so long. Motorola and Samsung can gave me back my phones within two weeks only.

Sony, please... I just need my phone back before I go back to Indonesia. I really hope Sony can be more responsible to customer or else I will blow up this case online. Thank you.

Job No : SEJ8-J12213204
Book In Date : 17-Dec-2012
Customer : Iin Farentin Tanzil
Mobile No : 96470172
IMEI No : 359590047988081
NRIC : GXXXX433W

Poor

I called Sony helpline no. today @9.05 AM on toll free no. from mobile no. for my Sony VIAO drivers support details: E-series (VPCEH25EN) S.N no.:27544376-7015275. As i change my OS WIN7 home Edition preinstalled to WIN7 Professional due to my organizational needs. But I spoke with one of your technical desk, she told unable to provide me the correct link over phone. Then i insists to provide me reference no.ticket I.D on this call, that was also not provided to me, then I insist to transfer this call to senior lead to whom I get the support he put me on hold for a min. & come back with answer no one available at the moment & told me to call back after some time.

Finally I asked for escalation matrix but she also not aware with that also & again I request for ticket I.D then she replied server not responding & she unable to provide me any kind of support technically & operationally to get this escalate & she cut the call & said called me after some time then after I called back saying all executive is busy.

Team requested you to please be on check on these types of call attitude with customer & End user support, help me to get this resolved ASAP.

Bad

i buyed ma new phne 20 days ago. Bt after 15 days ma phne waz not properly working i.e some signal problem.
i went to sony service centre ambala city,they told for sftware updating and after 2 days they ring me that the IEMI number on the bill is matching with the box number but inside the phone there is no IEMI number as per sony service centre.
When i gave to service centre it was working bt after receiving the phone it waz totally dead.so kindly u are requested to take serious action.
Otherwise i have to go to police station for making a FIR against sony service centre (AMBAY ELECTRONICS) ambala city sector 1 jail land.

Bad

I purchased a Sony computer just over one year ago. I purchased one because my mom had one and I loved it. So I purchased one thinking it would be great, we'll was I wrong. I have had nothing but problems, it constantly overheated, the fans are so loud that people stop talking when the fans turn on, the computer constantly crashes. I now have to buy a new computer only and this one is only just a bit over one year old. When I did call the technicians at future shop they told me just to blow the fan out and wanted to charge me 69.99 to wipe it clean. They couldn't guarantee that they could fix the computer, very un happy with this product.

Contact the Sony Complaint Department