Sony

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Sony

Posted by A on Jan 18, 2015
Customer Rating

I want to complain about how ive been treated as a sony customer who purchased an xperia Z3 along with an extended warranty plan. My phone has bent while in my pocket. I could complain about the build quality of this product, and about how I switched from apple to avoid this bending problem. However I purchased the extended warranty and was told by the sony salesman at the sony store that I would have accidental coverage. When I returned to the sony store to claim my warranty coverage I was told by Ben, the sales associate that sony was closing its doors in Canada and I was out of luck. Furious as I was with my decision to purchase a sony phone, Ben told me to call 1-866-737-7733 for my warranty problems. I spoke with a number of people who told me that I need to goto the sony store to claim my warranty. upon returning to the sony store and talking with Ben and phoning the 1-866-737-7733 number I was given, I was told again by all representatives of sony that no one could help me with my warranty.

I was also given a list of phone numbers to various sony departments between Canada and the usa; 1-877-899-7669, 1-866-766-9374, 1-416-499-1414, 1-855-766-9777. After calling these numbers and talking with various people who told me they could not help me and to call another number, not to mention being put on hold, my total time wasted was upwards of 4 hours. Not to mention driving from home to the sony store three times. My frustrations adding up and my temper lost, I was given a final decision by a sony representative over the phone to email sonysupportusa@am.sony.com to voice my concern about my warranty issues. I cannot stress how pissed off sony has made me. I purchased an xperia Z3 brand new, with extended accidental coverage for over $900.00 Canadian, to have my flagship device bend in my pocket, with sony giving me the run around, with no hope of warranty coverage at all. My opinion about this company is that they are crooks. I believe Sony owes my an xperia Z3. I will never purchase another sony product as long as I live, and I will take this to social media as well as everone who cares to listen to my sony scandal. Screw you sony! you officially have one more pissed off customer to add to your list.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Sony provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Sony?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.1 out of 5
2.1 out of 5 Stars
133 Consumer Reviews

Sony
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Sony. What is their corporate mailing address?

550 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022

I want to call the Sony customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

212-833-6722

I need to visit the Sony company website. What is their website address?

More Sony Complaints

Customer Rating

Sony advertises the Z3 as the ultimate waterproof phone and state that it can go into a pool up to 1.5m deep. In my experience it's false advertising. My Z3 went into the pool not even a meter deep and the screen stopped responding and stayed black. Quite frankly if I spend so much money on a phone I'd expect it to at least be able to perform to its capabilities as advertised but... No such luck. I am extremely disappointed with Sony.

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

We bought from Sony Store in line a Vaio Fit 14 Laptop in November 3/2013, we receive the product week later.Then 2 month later we start to get all kind of internet conection and freeze up problems our(other laptop working fine at same).I call Sony and they told me that i need sent it back for repair,because was under garanty, the only way they can reeplace was “if laptop was no fixable”,.We sent this laptop for repair via UPS 2/27/14 from that date to now 3/27/14, i call and talk with many Sony people in Customer Service,Repair Dept.and no one can tell me when the computer will be ready,the typical answer “Technicinan is working on Sir,you will receive in 7 days..”whatta lie, also they told me once that “they waiting the part from oversea..”…another lie.Always i was a Sony fanatic, but with this situation Sony is no more in my list.I just call again and same lie…..”Technician still working…”. IT’S NO ONE IN SONY THAT CAN HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM..WHATTA SHAME ON THEM…………..and we still waiting.
Hector Guzman
guzztor@yahoo.com

1 Customer agrees with this feedback

Customer Rating

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Customer Rating

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Dear sir
I purchased a sony led tv26" from a showroom at gaya in oct.2011.some technical problem occured in my tv in june13.I contacted toll free no. and registered my comlain vide complain no.14950497.after few days mr. Deepk kumar from service centre in patna on his visit to gaya attend my comlain on 8.8.13.he took photo of internal parts of my tv and assured me the problem will be rectified in a week.after a week repeatdly called service cetre but no proper response was given . Today i again contacted service cetre and i was given mobile no7488541798 of Navin kant but he refused to attend my comlain.seeing no progress i am lodging this coomplain to your and if my comlain still remains unattend i will have to move to consumer court
Thanking you

Dear Madam/Sir,

I want to lodge a complaint against the attitude of one of Sony service centres in Rawalpindi, MOTI MAHAL PLAZA, Telephone numbers: 051-5951240 and 59512401.

I registered a complaint on Saturday, 04-april-2013. They visited us after three days yesterday. Checked TV and asked us to bring television to service centre. They charged Rs 800/-

I visited them at around 06:00 p.m. and asked them:

1. that the television be repaired at my home and I will pay full charges including home service charges, OR

2. we will bring television at service centre but one of us will sit in the centre while TV is being repaired. But we were told that neither of the options is available. None of us will be allowed to watch repair of our television.

What does this means.

a) either the centre plans to charge for the services/parts which actually are not faulty, or

b) change the genuine parts. This actually happened to a friend whose television never got fixed and finally he had to sell his television and get a new one.

Sony is a big name and their service centres should have certain moral values. They should not be cheaters and should not loot their clients.

I need an answer to this complaint. Or I reserve the rights to send these details to media and put something in newspapers.

Syed Abdul Hameed

Tel: 051-2086435 (office)

Customer Rating

As a keen and avid gamer , over the years ive spent thousands of pounds on sony products and actively enjoy using many of sonys online services , including playstation at home. myself and many of my friends have been subjected to abuse on numerous occasions . from the same individuals, many of my friends ,particlairly female ones, have endured what id call harrassment and cyber bullying. These bullys recieve bans for their actions but the same people get round it by setting up new emails and accounts and still persist , some people on my friends list have even sought advice from the police over this , something must be done about this , especially with the recent tragic events in the media.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop Model Number PCG-3C9P, 2 years back, but now i am facing a problem with it. The Fan in my laptop does not work and the local Service Center of Sony does not have the supporting Hardware. I don't want it to be repaired in the local market. Please suggest where can i get the support from. I understand that my product is out of warranty but i would expect your support in this concern. I am residing in the city of Dehradoon, Uttrakhand, India and the local support center is situated at Chakrata Road.

Thanks and Regards,

Customer Rating

My Sony Reader was a Christmas present 2010.Didn't start using it until July 2010. Downloaded 3 books and everything was fine. Bought an ebook from Barns and Nobel on 10/19/11 to download on my Reader and it froze up. I took it to the IT dept. at work and he could not find out what was wrong with it. The book downloaded onto my work computer just fine. So the problem is with the Sony Reader. It is frozen on the Home page and i can't even turn it off. When I went on Sony Troubleshoot Website they wanted to charge me for something that they were going to do that he said would fix my Reader.

Isn't there a warranty on these things? If it is broken that easy and soon by an adult i would for sure not buy one for a child or in fact for anyone. Sony use to be a highly respected brand name, but i don't think so anymore. Oh yea, and when i said no to the charges he hung up on me.

Customer Rating

I bought a Sony Xperia Tipo. It died the next day of purchase. I gave it twice it to Sony Care, but they never got it resolved. Instead many more issues emerged in it. This is my last complaint to you, If not taken steps for my grievence, You have left me with the last option to reach i.e. Consumer Forum.
Will really appreciate If my complaint taken seriously.

Customer Rating

I bought the PS3 super slim about 6 months ago, and it have been nothing but the worst piece of machinery i have ever bought from you. 1. It's noisy. It makes a ton of different sounds that are loud and annoying. 2. It's overall performance is so bad! Just starting a game takes me 3 tries, and when i finally get down to playing it freezes.
I'm a big fan of the playstation and have owned every one you have made, and i can honestly say that the super slim is the worst.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Frederik Borring Edslev on 08/30/2013 about Sony. This opinions contained in this Sony complaint titled, "PS3 Super Slim - Slow, noisy and bad." do not reflect the opinion of the website.

Customer Rating

I bought notebook vaio Sony from Egypt. Purchase date 14 / 8 / 2012 and did not use it until one month on April i found cabinet always empty after 5 days off without using it. i asked IBS to solve this problem because notebook until now into warranty but the main problem i found ibs has not any Authorized service center into Alexandria which means this is problem because they cannot cover all Egypt. Ibs take the items which have a problem to Cairo when customer pay to them 75 L.E even the notebook into warranty Although they did not come especially to customer but the Ibs car come to bring or take goods from Alexandra city center Carrefour store. They take my notebook from 24/ 4 / 2013 until now they did not solve my problem and do not care about my complain. And refuse solve the problem although notebook into warranty. How Ibs take transfer charges to solve the problem i think i bough item which good brand and they don't care about the brand name. You must give customer good Authorized service center worldwide if you have not this is your problem. and when Ibs receive my notebook from me from the first why did not told the problem before send it to Cairo and make me pay 75 L.E without solve my problem. Where is vaio Customer service? Please solve to me this problem very quickly I need my netbook.

Customer Rating

I purchased a SONY VAIO laptop VPCEG18FG model in August 2011. Earlier I found that it was quite good to appear and light weight to carry, but over the time I found that besides being light weight the quality of the plastic material used in the laptop was not up to the mark . Many surfaces of the laptop just get pressed easily like its very thin layer and might break anytime.The materials used by other companies appear to be much stronger than SONY VAIO with almost equivalent weight and other features. Also the screen of the laptop has got very loose and also started moving left and right even after handling the laptop with so much of care.

I really thought that SONY makes world class quality products I strongly feel hat it isn't true. I am really disappointed to see such a trustworthy company making such low quality products. I don't no what to do further with my laptop as I am not sure what kind of problem might appear anytime in its surfaces. Please tell me what should I do now.

Customer Rating

Sony refuses to repair a known issue with their vaio laptops using the AMD processor where the GPU chip over heats and requires a re flow of the solder.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Matt Dickerson on 09/18/2013 at IP address 69.35.203.247 using our Sony computers complaint form. This opinions contained in this Sony computers customer review titled, "impossible service department" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I'm starting to notice a trend with 3rd party games released on the PS3. It seems PS3 owners are always plagued with issues such as bugs, frame rate drops, and other issues that aren't present on the competition. Two examples I'll mention are Skyrim and Call of Duty games (There are others I'm sure). I understand that Sony does not develop these games, but Sony is responsible for what publishers are allowed to release on their console. Skyrim on PS3 is almost unplayable, due to extreme frame rate drops once the save file of the game reaches a large size. It seems like PS3 gamers are always getting the shaft.

My issue with Sony is this, if developers aren't going to treat all platforms fairly, they lose the right to develop the game for the platform they favor least. It would be in Sony's best interest to make sure third party developers aren't giving PS3 owners an inferior product. If games I play on PS3 that are also on the competition always run better on the competition, why not just switch to the competition? It's issues like this that will cause customers to switch over. They are tarnishing your reputation. There were zero exclusive titles that I cared about on XBOX (had to mention it here), but I ended up buying one simply because XBOX gamers aren't treated like second rate gamers by third party developers. Not all third party developers are doing this, but some are. Just so happens these developers are making the most popular games.

In closing, I hope Sony can put a tighter grasp on these third party developers and ensure that PS3 versions of games are on par with the competition. There's no reason why they shouldn't be. Needless to say, if this trend continues, I won't be purchasing the next generation Playstation console.

Customer Rating

Shame on Future Shop for recommending it. I have tried to get it working for over a year!. I only ever had one book download sucessfully then the screen froze. the power does not hold. Sony have done nothing to help me. They won't refund the money because it was a gift. It's their product! They should stand behind it!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Stephanie on 09/09/2013 at IP address 206.152.4.66 using our SONY complaint form. This opinions contained in this SONY customer review titled, "Sony Reader is Garbage, a waste of Money. " do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I had purchased 1 sony led 3d tv model KDL40HX750 on 06.10.2012. At that time ther was an offer of free 8 gb pre loaded pen drive with that tv which i was given with that tv. But when i used that i found that it is not working, it is a defective/corrupted device. when i reported to the dealer, the dealer advised me to report to customer care and when i reported to customer care they advised me to talk to dealer. The fact is that the dealer is 300 km away from me. Is it possible to visit to the dealer for that small reason frequently?
In the circumstances i would like to request to look into the matter and arrange to solve this problem by replacing with a new one.

Customer Rating

I ordered a Sony tv thru she sony online sore. It never arrived. I called to inquire about it, after another of couple of days, they said my reship had been authorized, which I never had requested. When I called back to request some sort of expedited service I was told that was not possible. When I requested an email address to express my dissatisfaction, I was told there was none, when I requested a phone number, again I was told there was none. They did give me a snail mail address. I would have thought a tech company would be a little more with it and would like to hear about their consumers experiences, apparently not. Hopefully I will see the tv eventually.

Hi All,

My name is Jatin Aggarwal. My contact number is +91-9968241605. I had purchased a Sony Xperia Tipo on 21th Oct 2012 and on the very same day I got the issue (Touch not working and Hang) with that. I had logged the complaint against it to very next day of purchase on this ID (noreply@sonymobile.com & questions.in@support.sonymobile.com ) and got an email of troubleshooting steps of software upgrade. I had done as they mentioned on the mail but no luck.
Then, I had visited to their service center (Vinayak Enterprises, 5/13, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi-110008) and open a ticket (12102500936) for handset replacement but they also said it has only a software issue and after reloading it would be fine. I told to them I have already tired and there is a hardware issue not a software issue, but they didn’t agree to listen me. Software was uploaded by them on it and it worked only for 2 day and then got the same issue. I again visited the same service center for showing the same issue and said to them please replace my handset and also open the ticket (12111700123 DOA) for it replacement but still they are saying it would only be repair not replaced.

I just only want to know that I made a mistake to purchase the Sony product. I was the new customer of Sony as Sony is the largest brand in the world but its service is very poor.

I kept this mobile only for 3 days in my hand from the purchase date and rest of days it is with your service center. Right now it is also with your service center for Motherboard replacement and I don’t know when it would be in my hand. I am trying to contact to your service center for getting fixed but they are still saying it will take 2 to 3 more days for repair.

I need the immidate resoluation.

Customer Rating

My playstation3 has been turning off almost every time I play a game while on a loading screen . This has becom an issue because I paid money for games that I cant even play Black ops 2 being the main one , I played that game and it made my system shut off improperly and caused me to lose files . I fear that my playstaion can be permanently damaged by the constant shutting off . The only thing that works is the netflix

Customer Rating

I purchased a Sony blu ray player on 1/11/2013. The player freezes during some blu ray movies (Twlight Breaking Dawn Part 2 and Red Riding Hood). Once the player freezes none of the controls work and you have to unplug the player to shut it down. The player does play none blu ray movies correctly and some blu ray movies (Hancock, Underworld, Total Recall, Hunger Games).
Called for technical support on 3/12/13 (Event ID: E57151343) and was told it was a firmware problem that would not play any blu ray movie released in 2013 and there was no estimated release date for new firmware.
Called on 3/13/13 and spoke with rep Jean and asked that she file a complaint for me.

I've heard nothing back from Sony. It is unacceptable to expect me to have a NEW blu ray player but not be able to watch whatever movie I want. Not to mention Red Riding Hood was released prior to 2013. I have spent money on a blu ray player that does not work properly as well as money on blu ray movies that I cannot watch. Sony needs to compensate me for the money spent and inconvenience. It is an unacceptable solution to expect me to wait for a new firmware release in order to watch blu ray movies of my choice.

Customer Rating

I bought the Sony Vaio laptop this August and it has been giving trouble ever since. I contacted Sony Technical support also about it. They restored my system but still it is giving trouble. It hang a lot. keeps on crashing when i start it. This has gotten me into a lot of trouble. I m very disappointed with the Vaio laptop.

Customer Rating

Recently, A PS-VITA that I bought has stopped working in the sense that the power buttons and volume buttons don't work. Through the guide of Sony's Phone-Help Center, we sent the product to a Warehouse to which point it was sent into the technicians at the actual company. They have so far sent us back the product two times claiming "sand damage". I find it particularly hard to believe that sand particles big enough to do enough damage could enter such a compact device, and they gave us pictures pointing out places that have NO relation to the problem areas in the our PS-VITA. At this point I feel like SONY is avoiding fixing this device because sand particles are very small particles that are either too small to cause damage or too big to get inside that system. I believe that SONY is simply lying to us, and they have us trapped with their money, as they said that we can only hope to replace the device and if we were to open up the device ourselves to find the issues that we would end up voiding the warranty.

Customer Rating

A few days ago I tried to download/install itunes/apple software on my sony vaio laptop. The vaio was unable to complete the task due to corrupted files. A window directed me to reinstall the software. However, again I was unable to install the software. I contacted AppleCare by phone. the tech informed me that I would need to uninstall all Apple software and then install the software.. He e-mailed me the "how to" information. I did everything as directed. However I still was unable to install the software due to corrupted files. Therefore, today I contacted Sony Support Center by on-line live chat. After some time the tech stated I would need to pay a yearly fee of $299.99 to have to issue fixed. For me, that is a great deal of money for me and I told the tech I would need to talk to my brother and requested he e-mail the information to me. He stated he would be unable to send an e-mail and then offered I pay a one time fee of $89. to have the issue fixed. Again, I requseted him to e-mail the information to me. The tech then responded, his supervisior updated him, I pay a one time fee of $69. and he could fix the issue. Again I requseted him to e-mail the information to me, He then wrote goodbye and ended the session. I am a repeat Sony product customer. I own many Sony products...playstations 1,2,and 3's, 3 PSP's, laptops and many other Sony products. However if this is how Sony treats repeat customers. I don't feel I will be a continued customer. I will also let my friends and family know not to buy Sony products.

Customer Rating

I Purchased 10 Movies in the month of december. These are movies to own from the ps3 store. Digital copies. In the game area if you download a game you can redownload it at a later time. However after having a technical issue following my downloads I restored the ps3 system but it wiped out the harddrive. I was able to get my games back however the movies lost.

When I contacted sony In november they told me they put a claim in and I would be notified within 7-10 days. I called today January the 5th and the rep told me sony denied my claim. This is pretty fraudelent since #1 I paid for something I dont own, cant copy nor watched.

And if there was an ability to copy the movie then what would be the big deal to redownload it. I spent 200 on a system I give plenty of money too to be treated this way. I have purchased 3 ps3 already and ps2 and ps1 in the past. I have given them years of subscription money for ffx1, dc universe, playstation plus and music unlimited.

I have purchased over 50 games from the ps3 store. I guess they take what they want and dont care about thier consumers. Well all bets are off and I will make sure I enlighten all the people on sony forums and ps3 freinds that they should really own a hard copy because they work too hard for their money. And the perk is you dont have to download it.

I will also enlighten them on fees they shouldnt be paying per month. I was loyal customer but that is now over They should be indicted for stealing.

Customer Rating

I purchased a sony blu-ray player model BDP-S580, I purchased this model because on the box they advertise wi-fi and netflix compatible, the soul reason of purchasing this player was to stream netflix. I have been on the phone 4 seperate times with customer support in the past 2 weeks after purchasing the player because the player runs extremly slow and cannot stream a 30 min tv episode without freezing up and loading atleast every 2 min, they first convinced me it is a problem with my internet service (even though we no problems with our computer surfing the web), my service provider has been out to the house twice and said no problems with the internet.

Then they told me to plug an ethernet cord from my router to my player because there is not enough memory on the player to use the wi-fi (although they advertise wi-fi on the box), after doing that it is still not working, basically now I am just SOL after spending almost $200 dollers for this product and it cant deliver what is advertised, SONY in my mind are a bunch of crooks who tell customer service reps to blame the problem on everything but their POS products.

Customer Rating

i am using sve15115en sony vaio laptop, i have changed my operating system from company given OS to Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. the company which provided the drivers online in its website doesn't work, i sent many request among it, but they kepp saying that we cant do anything about that, i'm a student, i kept Rs. 40,000/- for that laptop. and now i'm getting problems for the drivers. for me Rs.40,000/- is not a small amount. please help me!!

Customer Rating

I have been a user of Sony products and in particular the PS3 for over five years. My reliable PS3 (bought in 2008) had some hardwares issues in December of 2012. Even though it was not used a great deal it experienced hardware issues that led me to replace the hard drive and the blue ray. After doing this the PS3 failed to connect to the Internet. After a great deal of time on my part I learned that PS3s have a very difficult time connecting through Apple AirExpress routers, which is the router I have. All my other devices (PC's etc.) have no problem with the AirExpress however the PS3 just will not connect. I have had network experts spend countless hours trying to get it to connect to no avail. I finally threw the PS3 out after spending over eight hours on it trying to get it to connect. A friend of mine had a new (12/2012) PS3 he lent me to use. After hooking it up I had the exact same connectivity issues as I did with my old one. I will return it to my friend. It is amazing to me the Sony creates a product that can not connect with an Apple device. Honestly it is mind boggling to not be able to connect to one of the biggest name products in the world. Good job Sony.

Customer Rating

I write this letter to express my frustration with Sony Support during the last 3 months, and seek quick resolution to the problem. I have made numerous calls to the support center and so far no resolution has been reached. It is very frustrating for us.  Issue: Had a non-working PS3 controller. I called the support service on Aug 3, 2011 and they created a peripheral exchange request (as attached). I shipped the controller with expedited shipping the very next week. So far I have yet to receive the replacement. We have made numerous calls to the support services with no success.

Have spent countless hours which costed far more than the mere price of controller (not to mention the frustration of my son). Each time they asked me to call back again in a week or so! After a few weeks of trying in the beginning, I also asked them to change the controller color from green to black as they told me that black controllers were faster to ship. Every couple of weeks I call them—explain the whole situation all over again. Ask them to ship the black controller and I still get the same response that it is back ordered. Almost 3 months have gone by repeating this process!

Customer Rating

We saw the advert regarding the Ps3 on special, we called up the store and they said yes its on special we can come,we went to store, no stock, they promised to have it the next day,we purchased it so long, so the next day we called, they said the stock is on its way to the store we can come the evening at 5< we got there, still no stock, the guy say he misunderstood, so he called the suppliers and he told us to wait in the mall for one hour and come back, stock will be there...
after a whole hour, we went back, the guy that helped us went home, and the stock was still not there, the manager told us the stock is only in the next day.....so now this is totaly not on.... we drove more then 30 k twice, and have not received any good service, i always shop at game for more then 5 years already....

Companies Like Sony