Sony Customer Service

Contact Sony Corporate

Toll free phone number: 212-833-6722

Sony Corporation (www.sony.com) is a multifaceted international conglomerate of electronics, media and entertainment. There are two major divisions, Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. According to hoover.com, revenues for 2015 were reported as US 68 billion, down from 2011 report of US 86 billion. Sony employs over 131,000 and is publicly traded on the NYSE:SNE.

If you need to contact Sony for customer service, the main number to call is 1-800-222-7669. It has been suggested that you press “0” three times, ignoring the ‘error’ message. If you would like to contact the American CEO, you may address postal correspondence to Michael Lynton at one of two addresses. Sony Corporation of America, 550 Madison Avenue #3, New York, NY 10022 and the corporate phone number is 212-833-6800.

Sony Computer Entertainment American, Inc has a postal address of 10075 Barnes Canyon Rd., San Diego, CA 92121. The main Sony Corporation headquarters is in Tokyo, Japan and the CEO there is Kazuo Hirai. Common issues with the company include rude employees, electronics problems, and refund delays.

Founded in 1946 by Akio Morita and Masaru Ibuku the Sony mission is: ‘everything we do is to move you emotionally’ or ‘inspire and fulfill your curiosity’. Another ‘by line’ is creating unique new cultures and experiences. You may scroll down and find this inside story on design inspiration of interest. Social media presence may be found on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.

Upset with Sony?

File a complaint here!

Reach Sony Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Sony corporate office

• 550 Madison Avenue
    • New York
    • NY 10022

212-833-6722

A-

24 hours a day online

Top Sony Complaints

When i first went into the Sony shop in Long Eaton, Nottingham to look at contract phones I was told by the rep at the time that the sony aqua 4 was the best mobile going, I therefore took a contract out on one. I had only had the phone for a few months and it started to go wrong. I took it back to the shop and they had a look but they were unable to get it to work, they then sent it away and they gave me a temporary one, which to be honest was just a basic phone and was not that good. A week or so later I got the phone back, after only having it back for a couple of days and the same problem occurred.

I therefore had to take it back to the shop and they sent it off again; this had now this happened 3 to 4 times with this phone and I was really getting fed up with this. In the end they said they could not repair it so they sent me a new one, which I thought would be the end of the problem being as they phone was "supposedly the best on the market". However when I was on holiday last week the new phone sudden packed up all together; it would not turn on or even charge, this meant I had to go all holiday without being able to take any photos or videos.

Immediately on return from holiday I once again returned to the shop again and they have had to send it off again, I informed them that I have lost all confidence with this phone and the shop, I also told the rep in the shop that I did not want the same phone again to be told that I "haven't got much choice, if its repaired they will send it back" I am extremely unhappy with this phone not to mention the service!,and because its me that is paying the monthly contract I think i should have a choice on what mobile I pay for, I have had to waste time and money going back and forth to the shop to be fobbed off.

I thought Sony was a professional company, however I have not had any sort of compensation for any of the inconvenience I have had. I can honestly say this is the worst service I have ever received from what should be a professional business.

Comment (0)

I sent my Sony Xperia for repairs on the 23/08 to Sony headquarters for repairs. I did not receive any communicate advising me what was going on. I had to keep phoning his branch and make a personal visit to get feedback. The service from the manager was very poor. The phone came back to the branch 3 weeks later and they failed to notify me it was back. On my follow up 3 days after it was returned to them, they informed it was back and repaired. I received the phone the next day to discover that it was not working. refused to come on.

I called them back and the manager could not assist and merely said bring it back or suggested I take it to the repair centre which I did. The phone was then taken in for another week and has now come back a week later still not repaired. I am being told that they cannot repair as they are franchised and the initial repair was at a different repair centre. however during the week I received messaged advising the phone was being repaired and spares were ordered and it was sent to Jhb. I am totally annoyed with Sony customer service as nobody seems to be able to assist and I must specify that this phone has gone in 4 times for repairs is always problematic. Now its more than 1 month later and the phone is not fixed and I have to send it again.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Sony television online, from Walmart. Since I had the tv ( one year in July) there has been a delay in the remote to the tv. The action does not work until seconds after you press the buttons. They decided to send me another remote. The remote they sent me was a little faster but still delayed. Now they have decided to send me a repair man to fix the problem. However they require me to remove the tv from the mount. I explained to Sony several times that I can't remove the tv from the mount because of a medical condition. They told me that is the only option I have. So now I am stuck with a dysfunctional tv. I apologize that I have no one to help me remove the tv from the mount. I don't know when I can find the help. Why can't they just exchange the tv? Or get a refund?

Comment (0)

My 6 month old television is out and Sony apparently wants me to work on it myself rather than warranty their product. Your process is not satisfactory to consumer needs. This leads me to believe that you would rather wear your customers out with a long process rather than just service the product. I am not a tech savy person and I do not have time to do what your service people need to do in the first place. Given this I do not believe I will ever buy another Sony product.

Comment (0)

I purchased a ps3 for my granddaughter for christmas and she played it exactly 8 times and it quit working. Fortunately, I had purchased the insurance to repair. They have had it since 02/29/16. When I have called, they said it would be sent out in 3-5days and the last call which was 4/29/16 they said they didn't know when it would be sent out. I purchased this system in good faith and they have had plenty of time to repair. I want this system repaired immediately or replaced. This is unacceptable to me.

Comment (0)

I bought a Sony nex 7 with several lenses on January 2015 the camera stop taking pictures. I send the camera for repair at digital Image repair center . these company charged me around $345.00 to fix the camera. I went to Archaeological sites in Mexico and my camera nex 7 never work. your customer department gave me an electronic number E60930432 and it was unable to send any information to your costumer department. Sony had in the pass good reputation caring about Sony Brand Name now is no longer keeping the quality. I have 2 choices. Repair my camera or change for one similar or equal. Receive my nex 7 as 50% and buy a new one that work with all my lenses it is much investment in a camera and lenses.

Comment (3)

Four years ago I purchased a Sony Cybershot 16.2, camera. It has produced excellent photos on numerous vacations, however, when I went to use it today, and after charging it overnight, it has stopped working. Is four years about the limit of your camera's operations?

Comment (0)

I bought a Sony Blue-Ray DVD player from Wal-Mart, which with taxes cost me $94.o6, but due to my age (69 yrs.. old) I'm not to high-tech mentally knowledgeable to program the DVD player. So I made several toll free calls to Sony's technical-support centers, with each attempt, either it was an out dated phone number, or either I was hung upon immediately after some would answer the line. After several attempts, I finally just gave up. Oh yes, I also bought a 60 inch Sony TV that same day, but I'm taking both back, and will never again buy another Sony product.

Comment (0)

I can't verify my ps4 preventing me from doing everything that the console is designed for resulting in me becoming quite frustrated and considering selling it. I get a message stating an email has been sent to me and telling me to check my inbox, but how can I check my inbox if I cant verify it.

Comment (0)

Had issues with my Sony Z2 back in Oct 2015. Phone was slightly over one year warranty. Didn't offer me a courtesy extension. Phone started acting up again in Nov. Again no help cause phone was out of warranty. I emailed Sony about 100 times. Eventually sent phone away for repair. $100 for faulty battery - had they offered me the courtesy warranty extension I wouldn't have had the other issues.

Comment (0)

I purchase a Sony Z 5 compact on the 27 DECEMBER 2015 And I was informed by the consultant that I can take pictures underwater. I did take pictures underwater and the phone switched off after viewing pictures. I took it in on the 2 January 2016. And the form was completed and I was told the warranty has been voided. Imei no 354282074631264 reason being water went through the charger port and mtn tells me water went through and charging port. This phone is water proof all ports were sealed and the charging part has no seal. so how can it be any fault of mine.. I have yet not received proper feedback to the exact fault on the phone. Disgusted with the pathetic service both from Mtn and Sony.

Comment (0)

After 18 months of owning my ps4 it stopped reading disc. It's never been damaged and the disc are brand new. Of course this happens soon as my warranty is up ! Sony told me I could pay $150 to get it repaired but why should I have to pay for something that I didn't break. The product is defected and Sony is aware but refuse to fix the problem! I've spent $600 on this game. For it to break in under 2 years. This has happen to me and half the people I know that own PS4. This is wrong and something needs to be done.

Comment (0)

My PS3 suddenly stopped playing disk games for some reason... & now i want to put my account on my dads PS3... My dad just recently passed away on 10-29-15 at about 11:00 PM & his PS3 is now mine... & my PS3 is junk so I need to put my account on my dads PS3 so i can play disk games again... if u need my PS3's SERIAL number it is SERIAL : CG219054191 - CECH 2001A & my PSN account is Wolf_Lover14 so please send me an email telling me what my password is so i can put my account on my dads PS3... please, I need to be able to play GTAV again. Thank-You.

Comment (0)

Have Sony XBR65X850B Ultra HD TV bot in March 2015, cost over $2500. Saturday TV stopped working, no picture, no functions, no nothing. Called Sony, they are closed on weekends.
Called Monday morning, told to call back later or tomorrow as "the system is down". Called back 2 hours later, spoke with several broken English foreigners, was placed on hold several times for 5+ minutes, am now told that a pert is on order for my TV and someone will call me sometime. 1 hour, 7 minutes on this call. And we thought Comcast was bad, these people want to do business in the U.S., charge top dollar for their products, ignore problems, outsource their "service call centers" to some rathole and expect us to be happy. Last Sony product for me.

Comment (1)

I regrettably brought a Sony Z3 Xperia Compact on contract at East rand mall, in March 2015. On the night of 3de of September, as I was busy on the internet the phone suddenly showed white lines on the screen and went black, I tried to switch the phone on and off but still nothing changed. I left the phone overnight, the next morning I switched the phone on, during the day the phone was working as normal. I set my alarm for the next day and put the phone on charge, that morning as I tried to switch off the alarm clock the phone screen will not work, after trying everything to get the alarm off I decided to leave the phone until the battery drained and switched off by itself. On the 5th of September I told one of your employees what happened, they booked it in and said they will get back to me in a few weeks.

About 3 weeks passed one of your employees phoned me saying that the phone can not be repaired, reason the phone has water damage. First of all I told the lady it is impossible to have water damaged when the phone wasn't even near water and secondly the phone is waterproof? Directly after my response they said then it must be physical damaged. How is this possible to say the phone has water damaged the one second and the next physical damaged ??
I ask her what physical damaged will that be : no the phone is cracked at the back she said the phone was not cracked when I returned it.

After countless arguments and fights the manager at the east rand mall and the repair centre said they will over view the matter after a few days a lady called is with the same story but now we have to pay R 2500 to repair the phone, which as the fault of this phone is factory faulted and not so called water/physical damaged. I have told them to sort out this mess as it is unacceptable until today I haven't heart a word from them.

I will not pay a cent further to this contract until this nonsense is resolved. I will not pay two years for a phone that I only had for +/- 5 months, if you keep by your soppy story about the so called damaged I will return the Vodacom contract sim card to your store so that you can stick your useless phone and service where ever you want it. I will never in my life again support Vodacom or Sony company, I will advice everyone I know to do the same as your staff and Vodacom customer service is pathetic to say the least!

Comment (0)

My A77mk2 has gotten so hot 3 times that I can not touch it. It drains the batteries. I also have a grip. I sent the camera in when it was less than five months old with this problem. I was told nothing is wrong with it. Last month the camera got warm, and drained the batteries. Tonight I had to cancel a shoot, because it happened again only worse!!! It was so hot I had to let it cool to touch it. I am very disappointed, because I spent thousands buying Sony products, and have been satisfied. I will not wait until this camera melts. As hot as it got, it had to destroy internal parts. I depend upon a dependable camera, and this is my 4th from Sony. I can not afford to start over with a different camera brand, and I should have not to. I want a new camera. I am afraid to use this camera, and I should not pay almost $1000 for something less than a year old, and take the batteries out when not using. I am beyond upset. That my camera was not fixed correctly the first time. I do not trust Sony repairs. Either give me a new camera or if this camera burns me, I will contact every news channel I can find to share my Sony complaints.

Comment (0)

I went to the Carrollton, Ky. Walmart to purchase a TV. I bought a 48" Sony, then went home to wait for my son to arrive and set it up. When we took it out of the box I noticed a bag containing the remote, elect.cord , and converter box had been opened. The TV had a crack going across the lower part of the screen. The books and paperwork were loose in the box. It was late so I had to wait until the next day to take it back. I live in Bedford,Ky. so it meant another trip to Carrollton.

The lady working Customer Service was not pleasant. I went to electronics and found the salesman from the day before. He said there were no more 48" Sonys. He did call the store in Lagrange, Ky. They had several. I had to wait until they inspected the broken TV. They were more interested in verifying the serial number than checking damage. They did refund the cost of the TV. Now I had to drive 25 miles to Lagrange. Arriving there I was told they had none. They didn't sell Sony and hadn't for years. The lady went in the back at my insistence and came out saying there were none.

I walked down the displays and stopped in front of a 48" Sony. She went in the back again and came out with one bearing my last name on it. I bought it, went home and when my son opened the box the books were in a plastic bag, The remote had its place in the Styrofoam, as did the converter and cords. It was apparent that the TV in Carrollton had been sold previously and brought back only to be put on the shelf and sold to me. It cost me a lot of extra driving on a day when the temperature was up in the nineties. I'm in my seventies and did not need all of this.

Comment (0)

Back on March 17, 2015, I purchased a (15) pack of Sony CD-R blank 80-minute music discs. To date (5) of those discs have been defective. I've tried now for the past three days to speak or email someone who can help me with this problem. So far no one has done so and I've obtained a Customer Relations Ref. # confirming my complaint has been noted on the Sony customer service computer system. Yet no one has contacted me to help. So I'm using this site to document my problems or what it is worth. Can anyone assist me here?

Comment (0)

I'm very disappointed in this company I brought my Sony vaio laptop from best buy at in 2009 well it was stolen out my car on my road trip to Texas I contacted Sony and was told without proof of purchase they can not help me even tho I registered it when I brought and called in tech support for it a few times so the fact that a police report which is law document is not good enough and it's nothing Sony can do I have lost all my pictures of my children I will not get back because best buy's system does not go all the way back to 2009 this is not fair or right that I'm being treated like the person who stole the my laptop all I have is a refence number and a I'm sorry I work for a pretty big company and will be merging with another company I will be sure to spread the word at my job to upper management to not support Sony in anyway because you have to keep the proof of purchase forever so thank you Sony for letting the bad people win while the actual customer get screwed.

Comment (0)

Purchased a sony Experia phone one year ago on a 2 year contract from EE. To date this phone has not worked for more than the odd day or two. This has resulted in 4 returns to EE then a further 4 returns to their repair shop, numerous complaints to the EE complaints Dept who do not appear to have any input so far as their shops are concerned, and the shop refused to replace the phone. There complaints Dept referred us to Sony and the phone has just been returned to them for the 3rd time for repair, and I am not building my hopes up.

Financially, this has cost us 12x£21.00 rental 300 plus miles traveling to sort out at shop where purchased. Countless phone calls and having to buy another phone so we could use the Sim Card. Have managed to get details for the head person at EE but unable to get details of name and address to enable me to take the matter further with Sony.

Comment (0)

I contacted Sony Customer Service to do a Factory reset on a Blu Ray player. The fist call was answered by a representative who had a problem understanding or hearing. I repeated my email address at least 6 times and he repeated it incorrectly each time. It took too long and was frustrating. I called back and got a female this time who informed me that their computer system was not working very well. She would send me an email . She was not able or willing to answer questions since I already had the email instructions she was re sending. She told me that there were other options available but did not offer to explain what those options were. I asked and was told that I would be offered a 15% discount on another unit. Increased sales has a component of a good product, good customer service , customer respect. I did not experience any of these with Sony. Needless to say my next purchase will not be a Sony!

Comment (0)

On 11/23/2014, I bought a Sony Xperia Z3 of model no: D6603 mobile at sony online store. The delivery order no: is 700571399 and order number is 0004300036054804. Unfortunately, your product has not performed well 3 months after purchase. Its not turning on. I am disappointed because I contacted several customer care agents who tried to help me but things got even worse. At first it started to turn off and on frequently. But after doing things what support agents told me to do, it completely stopped working and its not turning on. To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your refund on my phone. Enclosed is a copy of my bill. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until tomorrow morning i.e., morning of 4/7/2015 before 11:00 AM before seeking the help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me by email as I don't have any phone to use right now.

Comment (0)

Watching tv last night. Left side went dark. Tech told us today, the LCD panel went out. We bought the TV 3/01/2014. Warranty out one month ago. Model KDL70R550A... Bought from Video Revolution in Tulsa Ok. Sony agreed to give us a 15% on a new TV. That is nothing. This TV is only 13 months old. We think we should get a new TV. If they don't last longer than that, why do you even make them? We will end up buying a new TV but never a Sony!!!! We have a very old Mitzubishi that still works great.

Comment (0)

So my 1900 dollar 70 inch LED Sony tv decided to stop working, on a Saturday before my warranty expired. (22 March 2014). TV purchased from amazon. Amazon was very helpful even calling sony for me! however Sony did not reopen until monday. Or that is when I could get a hold of someone. I called on March 23rd, explaining the issue. 5 blinking lights of Doom. At first I was told to go to the esupport and chat with customer represenative. Then the chat support said call the same number I just dialed. These reindeer games went on for a few hours. Guess I should have given up. Sometimes with russian roulete (sony support) you get lucky and the offshore staff takes a break from water bong or huffing glue. Someone finally created a reference number for me. So i wouldnt be forced to turn off tv and turn on, failed factory reset etc...

I was told to wait a few days to get email about exchange program ( no email ). 25 march I call back. I was told I didnt send in pictures of serial number to the am.sony.com email address. I sent pictures of model of TV 3 pictures required including serial number. (told to wait 24 hours). 26 March I call back. Was offered a lower $hitttier tv model 55 inch(i think it was a 4k version but way lower price) refurbished (one that was broke and they fixed) 90 day warranty only. Apparently the wrong model number was written down by them and they were insistent I owned a 55 inch sony. I have the KDL70550A 70 inch version. After I complained on amazon basically wrote an honest review the socialsupport@am.sony.com wanted to chime in. Did nothing to help but reiterate the company motto of "go f yourself"

30 march. I called a nice guy named "jacob". He wanted to set me up for exhange took credit card number but the "system was down" and said dont worry its gonna get exchanged. I call back and apparently i have to email mydocs@am.sony.com with blood of \/irgin, spear of destiny, written letter of alamo survivor, and my receipt (proof of purchase). Thinking i finally leveled up enough to meet the requirements of Navy Seal TV replacement Boot Camp Phone Tag I failed again. Now I'm officially an "exchange candidate". The legal team will be reviewing my information for 10 days and find a reason I'm sure to deny the exchange. This is purposeful and fraudulent pattern of behavior. Seriously 10 Days ?? I'm sure if I don't follow up nothing will happen as well.

In small claims court the defendant has 30 days to respond. If I filed my suit on 23 March the same amount of time is going to elapse before the exchange gets processed. So I guess sony will find a way to deny my warranty in these 10 days. Say I accepted an offer which I did not since I have been repeatedly lied too on the phone so I have no idea what the Rats in the pan will do when the heat is turned up.

Comment (0)

I bought Mobile Sony Xperia Z Ultra Rizkallah company Mokattam Cairo branch of the amount of 3,100 pounds on 17 \ 12 \ 2014 warranty for one year with the knowledge that the price of this mobile in Egypt is 2600 pounds warranty but preferred to buy it from Rizkallah company because Sony dealer. This mobile against water and scratching .... has developed a mobile in cold fresh water for Seconds after sealing all the covers ... but I noticed a Rusk on the camera from the inside ... I went quickly to the main service center of the company Rizkallah agent for Sony and address 71 Nabil Aloaad Street land golf ...

Li said the employee that the private b socket shipping abraded little .. aspects and I told him that the mobile in escrow did not take to buy only two-and-eat aspects in this simple period is manufacturing defect and I have no guilt in This matter, as supposed to be aspects of good quality because the shipping cover is used daily, and this manufacturing defect ... and convinced an employee of my words and said Sony will report this error ... but I was surprised bureaucrat maintenance and named Tariq Mustafa call me and ask me for the amount of 2,000 pounds for reform. ... and mobile income maintenance Bno.012549 Center on 22.08.2015 and have not yet been repairs Anny did not pay the amount because it is a scam of Rizkallah company on Sony's customers, which hurts the name and reputation of Sony Corporation in the Egyptian market .... That is why I Sony this complaint and mobile Eriv change immediately so as not taken other methods may harm the reputation of Sony.

Comment (0)

I am on a fixed income and money is very tight.. I have in the past year and half bought 3 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player BDP-S1200 because each has lasted around 4 to 5 months. I can't afford to buy a new one every 6 months.. You have lost my business and all of my family.

Comment (3)

I bought two Sonys BDPS390 so I could watch Facebook. Facebook is the only app. I use, and the only reason I bought this product.I soon received this message "This app (Youtube) will be unavailable after 20/04/2015". ow I can't watch Facebook as advertised!

Comment (0)

Purchased a new 60 inch tv had to return it twice called customer service they were extremely rude and ignorant to me. Gave me an event number said they would get back to me and never did. Not sure I would buy a Sony product again. Upset about the poor quality of customer service I was given and the fact that I can't seem to get ahold of anyone on the phone. What's wrong with talking to a real person anymore?

Comment (0)

I purchased a sony blu-ray player model BDP-S580, I purchased this model because on the box they advertise wi-fi and netflix compatible, the soul reason of purchasing this player was to stream netflix. I have been on the phone 4 seperate times with customer support in the past 2 weeks after purchasing the player because the player runs extremly slow and cannot stream a 30 min tv episode without freezing up and loading atleast every 2 min, they first convinced me it is a problem with my internet service (even though we no problems with our computer surfing the web), my service provider has been out to the house twice and said no problems with the internet.

Then they told me to plug an ethernet cord from my router to my player because there is not enough memory on the player to use the wi-fi (although they advertise wi-fi on the box), after doing that it is still not working, basically now I am just SOL after spending almost $200 dollers for this product and it cant deliver what is advertised, SONY in my mind are a bunch of crooks who tell customer service reps to blame the problem on everything but their POS products.

Comment (0)

Bought a brand new playstation3 from walmart in 2008. Had a minor issue with it so I sent it to sony for repair. The serial number was on this fairly new item. Sony did not repair my original playstation 3, instead they sent out a replacement one, with no serial number on it. At the time, I did not pay any attention to any serial number when the replacement one came back. Until here recently, I needed another repair, or replacement what ever scammish idea suggest. This time they did not replace or repair because of a serial number missing off one of the replacement playstation. I don't think there was a serial number on it. If it was how can it not be there now. My fairly new original playstation serial number was on it just find when they received it, but their so called "replacement" means jew the customer out of new machine and send an old worn out machine with no Serial NUMBER.

Comment (0)

I had purchased a Sony Xperia Tipo on 21th Oct 2012 and on the very same day I got the issue (Touch not working and Hang) with that. I had logged the complaint against it to very next day of purchase on this ID (noreply@sonymobile.com & questions.in@support.sonymobile.com ) and got an email of troubleshooting steps of software upgrade. I had done as they mentioned on the mail but no luck. Then, I had visited to their service center (Vinayak Enterprises, 5/13, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi-110008) and open a ticket (12102500936) for handset replacement but they also said it has only a software issue and after reloading it would be fine.

I told to them I have already tired and there is a hardware issue not a software issue, but they didn’t agree to listen me. Software was uploaded by them on it and it worked only for 2 day and then got the same issue. I again visited the same service center for showing the same issue and said to them please replace my handset and also open the ticket (12111700123 DOA) for it replacement but still they are saying it would only be repair not replaced. I just only want to know that I made a mistake to purchase the Sony product.

I was the new customer of Sony as Sony is the largest brand in the world but its service is very poor. I kept this mobile only for 3 days in my hand from the purchase date and rest of days it is with your service center. Right now it is also with your service center for Motherboard replacement and I don’t know when it would be in my hand. I am trying to contact to your service center for getting fixed but they are still saying it will take 2 to 3 more days for repair. I need the immidate resoluation.

Comment (0)

I have been trying to get a replacement for the below mentioned set for a long period of time. Have not got any favourable response till date. Finde below the details for the complaint made in the last 6 months:- Please be informed that the music system has been repaired numerous of times but the problem never gets eliminated. There seems to be a manufacturing defect which is lying the system as the hitch persists again after a period of time.

If you need I can scan the Job latter and send it across, made by the service centre  which mentions the issues faced by the technician. It has been a long period and there is not point in stretching the same thing all over again. It is not a matter of repair that needs to be done but the matter of harassment that we have faced due to the inefficient working of the system and I have patiently waited for 4 months as it all got started in the month of March '11.

I would request you to replace the system as I have no faith in the product(specific piece) that has been sold to me. I have complete trust in SONY. If you wish you can provide me any other system of your choice may be of less value but there will no acceptance of any repair on this particular music system. Please refer to the below mentioned mail sent on 7th July ’11:-

Please look into the issue as I purchased a new Sony Music system(model No. MHC-GZR5D//CE12 dated 12th Feb ‘11) considering that this is best brand in terms of quality and after sale service. I was not able to use it as I was out of country. Unfortunately. it was the worst nightmare for me. It takes hours for me to listen to a song. I have been facing the below mentioned issues from the day I purchased the same. I thought it may get settled as I was not acknowledged with the respective functions but it never worked at all as per the expectations.

I lodged the complaint in the month of May, after examining the system technician made a complaint form and afterwards asked to bring it their venue. I took it up there and they checked the same issues and told me that they will call me, once it is being repaired. The result was not satisfactory as the same problems were still persisting. I again lodged a complaint in the month of June but nobody is responding on it.

Please find below the issues for your reference:
1. Sound does not come very often.
2. Mostly music system goes off while playing
3. No Recording in the Tape section.
4. Messages that reflects very often on the display screen:-
I. Overload
II. Remove USB (wherein the usb is not attached).
III. Turn off the music system.
5. Display key works occasionally.
6. DVD/CD does not work (reading message reflects on the display screen)
7. Open/Close Issue, CD tray automatically comes out even if the command is given to play.
8. CD tray automatically comes out and goes in very frequently.

I believe there is some specific manufacturing defect in the piece as it never functioned properly. I would like you to look into the matter and replace the same as this is not bothering me but also impacting the reputation of the company.

Please take necessary action against the service centre as they are demolishing the standing of the brand. Waiting for your urgent and positive response.

Comment (0)

All other TV manufacturers offer 3 year extended warranty in addition to the 1 year with purchase. Sony only offers 2 years extended. Why? Because in 3 years 10 months the screen goes out and Sony tells you to urinate in the wind. I bought Sony (at a much higher price than competitors products) because of past Sony quality. Their solution, offer me a new 40" LCD at $800 (basically retail anywhere). Avoid Sony, they have a great picture but it doesn't last long!

Comment (0)

Hello, I am currently financing a Sony LED- 3D- Internet ready TV (KDL46HX750) that I recieved 2 months ago on 9/17/2012. Over this Thanksgiving weekend my 2yr old Neice threw a plastic barbie that struck the screen and cracked it. I contacted Sony looking for information on the 1yr warranty or possible solutions to getting this new tv repaired. Well I was told the warranty is void and there is nothing they can do. I would never have imagined that a 2yr old throwing a barbie doll would ever break the tv glass. I also can't believe that Sony will not meet me halfway at the least for a new screen or repair.

I still owe $800 to Sony Financial Services for a piece of FRAGILE trash sitting in my basement. I was told by a repair man that the screens are about 80% of the cost of the whole device plus the labor? No thank you. I will try my luck at a different brand/company next time. If I can ever afford another tv anytime soon.

Comment (0)

A few days ago I tried to download/install itunes/apple software on my sony vaio laptop. The vaio was unable to complete the task due to corrupted files. A window directed me to reinstall the software. However, again I was unable to install the software. I contacted AppleCare by phone. the tech informed me that I would need to uninstall all Apple software and then install the software.. He e-mailed me the "how to" information. I did everything as directed. However I still was unable to install the software due to corrupted files. Therefore, today I contacted Sony Support Center by on-line live chat. After some time the tech stated I would need to pay a yearly fee of $299.99 to have to issue fixed.

For me, that is a great deal of money for me and I told the tech I would need to talk to my brother and requested he e-mail the information to me. He stated he would be unable to send an e-mail and then offered I pay a one time fee of $89. to have the issue fixed. Again, I requseted him to e-mail the information to me. The tech then responded, his supervisior updated him, I pay a one time fee of $69. and he could fix the issue. Again I requseted him to e-mail the information to me, He then wrote goodbye and ended the session. I am a repeat Sony product customer. I own many Sony products...playstations 1,2,and 3's, 3 PSP's, laptops and many other Sony products. However if this is how Sony treats repeat customers. I don't feel I will be a continued customer. I will also let my friends and family know not to buy Sony products.

Comment (0)

It is a month already since I passed my phone to Sony service center at Bishan Junction 8. I keep following up but the answer is the same. The call center girl said there is a part of my mobile needs to be changed and they are still waiting for the part delivery. Basically when I do online shopping, it will not take more than 3 weeks for the delivery from worldwide. What happened, Sony?? Or may be there is no stock for the spare part? How can a big company such Sony has no stock for the spare part for a month without restock? Until when do I need to wait?

I walked back to Sony to collect my phone without any parts changed because the girl said they already upgraded my software / OS --- my problem is blank screen which needs the software to be upgraded if I read on lots of online forum ---, but the girl said cannot since they disassembled it already and wait for the spare part before reassemble it. I am very pissed of now. I told the girl I need to go back to Indonesia on early February 2013, please expedite and give me back my phone before it, but they give me the loan phone instead. What the hell?? This is the first time I need to wait for so long. Motorola and Samsung can gave me back my phones within two weeks only. Sony, please... I just need my phone back before I go back to Indonesia. I really hope Sony can be more responsible to customer or else I will blow up this case online.

Comment (0)

I am 76 years old and I bought my Sony camera several years ago. i did'nt get to use it very long when all of a sudden I could not view the subject I was going to take a picture of. Everything else was working but that. I was devastated because I bought it and paid more than I could really afford because i wanted to take pictures of my Grandchildren. My warranty was out so just figuered I had been taken and had bought a lemon.

I got it out the other day thinking by sitting so long, that maybe it might work. But it did'nt The screen still lit up and the read outs were still there, but no view of subject to be photographed. My daughter was visiting and I showed it to her and she said "Mom, I thought you sent that back in when they recalled them for that problem". I told her that I did'nt know about it. She said,"well we sent ours back in and they fixed it. They had the same camera I had because we had gotten them at the same time.

So my question is, what must I do to get the repair? I would like to have talked to Customer Service but could not find a telephone number.

Comment (0)

Greetings gentlemaen, it has come to my attention that music saved on the Playstation 3 gaming console cannot be listened too during video gaming. I find this to be inconvenient while I am enjoying your Sony products and wish this to be changed if possible by system update or maybe on a Playstation 4. I on behalf of all Playstation users would love to see this take affect.

Comment (0)

I write this letter to express my frustration with Sony Support during the last 3 months, and seek quick resolution to the problem. I have made numerous calls to the support center and so far no resolution has been reached. It is very frustrating for us. Had a non-working PS3 controller. I called the support service on Aug 3, 2011 and they created a peripheral exchange request (as attached). I shipped the controller with expedited shipping the very next week. So far I have yet to receive the replacement. We have made numerous calls to the support services with no success.

Have spent countless hours which costed far more than the mere price of controller (not to mention the frustration of my son). Each time they asked me to call back again in a week or so! After a few weeks of trying in the beginning, I also asked them to change the controller color from green to black as they told me that black controllers were faster to ship. Every couple of weeks I call them—explain the whole situation all over again. Ask them to ship the black controller and I still get the same response that it is back ordered. Almost 3 months have gone by repeating this process!

Comment (0)

Hai sir.i bought sony tipo duel but i have so many problem.the problem arised within 20days from i bought phone.2time board replacement one time battery replacement but the problems are repeated.Above 2months my phone in service center.i used my phone only 10days.so pls help me.please replace it

Comment (0)

I bought a Sony 330A digital camera off of ebay on May 5th of 2011. Just shortly after my purchase I noticed a malfunction on the camera. I called the seller and was told they could not find anything wrong with it after sending it back to them for review. They suggested that I call the Sony customer service department to see what they could do as it was supposed to be under warranty. I spoke directly with a SONY representative. She asked me where I purchased the camera, when and from who.

I specifically asked if since I made my purchase off ebay if the camera was still under warranty and was told YES. I was also told that the warranty was good for one year after the date of my purchase. I specifically asked this question because if it weren't under warranty, I would send it back to the seller NOT to SONY for either repairs or my money back. Shortly after i sent the camera to SONY for the repairs I received an e-mail with a bill but not a single statement as to what the issue was and how it was fixed.

ONLY a bill for the labor and repairs. I sent one back saying, I don't think so and who blindly pays for a repair that is not explained. You don't go to your mechanic and tell him to charge you whatever for whatever he does to your vehicle? That would be costly and outrageous. Got a call the next day from another SONY rep telling me that my purchase off of ebay was NOT under warranty and oh so sorry for your wasted shipping costs and time vested and that their representative was wrong.

I asked to speak to someone of higher authority and was told "NO". Unbelieveable that SONY, as large as they are, has such poor, mistrained representatives and such poor customer service. In the real world, if you make a claim, you own up to it whether or not it cost your company money or not. I will be going to every single website I can to let everyone know what a rip off this company is as they were more than willingly to blindly accept my money and to not buy any products if you ever plan on having to fix them under their so called warranty.

Comment (0)

I asked for a refund receipt in an email to be sent to me to give to my bank so they can try to get my refund which Sony said they had given to my bank and to call the back because it is up to them now. Sony will not give it to me and will not give me a manager to talk to or the complaints department phone number or call me back even though they state in the recording that you hear when you call them that you can get a call back if you press 1 and leave your number.

Comment (0)

Dear Sir or Madam, Complaint about faulty goods I bought a PS3 from you a couple years ago, I paid around £270 for it and whilst i acknoledge my ps3 is out of warrenty i am very upset and disapointed how ive been dealt with whislt contacting your customer support service. I turned on my PS3 and was asked to perform a update which i did, upon returnning to the console i found it to be off! Once i turned it back on there was nothing on the screen, there was no power cut nor was the console turned off so it shouldnt of broken but it has. I've always purchased sony products as i see them as the best and this is infact my third PS3 which ive had a problem with!

I am tired of paying out money to fix a product that shouldnt be faulty afer a couple years! I contacted your customer support and performed all the troubleshooting and they told me i have to pay over £100 plus to fix/repair my PS3 Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose this product was broken by yet another update from PSN, I request that you repair the goods at no cost to me as i am seriously thinking about not buying sony products anymore as it seems im always paying out more money on a product that shoyuldnt need repairing. Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Comment (0)

I paid top dollar for a 55" Sony LED 3d TV. I've had it for 16 months and now there is no picture. The red LED standby light blinks 4 times. The manual says to call the number on the cover and report the number of times the LED blinks to Customer Service and they will tell you how to proceed. Well, Customer Service is outsourced and the people I reached don't know how to interpret the LED blink rate. All they can do is refer you to a service center located 67 miles from my house.

I could go on about the numerous calls to local repair shops etc., but all the results are pretty much the same. I wish I could find some decent trouble-shooting steps to try and isolate the problem myself. I really don't want to pay someone half the price of the TV to get it fixed.

Comment (0)

I called Sony helpline no. today @9.05 AM on toll free no. from mobile no. for my Sony VIAO drivers support details: E-series (VPCEH25EN) S.N no.:27544376-7015275. As i change my OS WIN7 home Edition preinstalled to WIN7 Professional due to my organizational needs. But I spoke with one of your technical desk, she told unable to provide me the correct link over phone. Then i insists to provide me reference no.ticket I.D on this call, that was also not provided to me, then I insist to transfer this call to senior lead to whom I get the support he put me on hold for a min. & come back with answer no one available at the moment & told me to call back after some time.

Finally I asked for escalation matrix but she also not aware with that also & again I request for ticket I.D then she replied server not responding & she unable to provide me any kind of support technically & operationally to get this escalate & she cut the call & said called me after some time then after I called back saying all executive is busy.

Team requested you to please be on check on these types of call attitude with customer & End user support, help me to get this resolved ASAP.

Comment (0)

As a keen and avid gamer , over the years ive spent thousands of pounds on sony products and actively enjoy using many of sonys online services , including playstation at home. myself and many of my friends have been subjected to abuse on numerous occasions . from the same individuals, many of my friends ,particlairly female ones, have endured what id call harrassment and cyber bullying. These bullys recieve bans for their actions but the same people get round it by setting up new emails and accounts and still persist , some people on my friends list have even sought advice from the police over this , something must be done about this , especially with the recent tragic events in the media.

Comment (0)

Dear Sir, This is from faridabad, I buy a digital camera of sony(DSC-W310/PC E37) from croma showroom on date 15.08.10 WITH A WARRENTY OF 3YEARS.ON 8.10.2011 I notice that the zoom of my camera is not working properly and picture quality is not as fine as usal so i submitted it to croma (from where i buy the product)on date 9/10/11 they told me to get it after 10 days & also mention on recienving that there is problem with its focus and picture quality ,picture is coming but not so clear.

on 15.10.11 i got a call from service centre of sony that there is physical damage in your product which was not at the time when i submiit it to croma.when i went to see the physical damage at sony service centre 5c/6 BP railway road niit faridabad than Mr. Anjani head of that centre told me that dont complaint here you had buy the product from croma so complaint in croma and we got the product in this condition,and at that time camera was in dead condition. i mean when i submitt the camera it was working,, the only problem was with its zoom now it is not coming even in start condition.

sir, i dont know that whoes mistake is this wheather, but my product is mishandeled by someone and now they are just stamping it to me. i also has a recieving from croma that the problem is only with zoom and there is no physical damage on camera , but now there is visible dents on camera .croma is supporting me but sony service centre is not.please solve this problem as soon as possible. thank you.

Comment (0)

As a disabled cancer survior i saved up and purshed a 52 inch Sony TV.because we live on a fixed income the tv was to be our family entertainment.the warranty is up but the tv was only good for less than two years ,warranty or no warranty a 1,300 tv should last longer than two years.the whole tv screen needs to be replaced at the cost of 1,300 ddollars plus labor. I have spent two weeks on the phone with sony and did everything they ask only to be told that the best they can do is give me a week to buy a smaller tv for 679.00 plus tax.if you remember i started out this lletterlettersaying that i am disable and on a fixed income, i had to save a long time for that Sony TV and don t have money laying around.we thought sony was the best and would stand behind their product.

i am begging to think not.i am not ask for a free Sony TV but aleast a more reanable price and time to come up with the money.i feel that happy custmors

Comment (0)

There is not enough room here to detail my complaint which has been ongoing for the past seven months in which time I have been 11 weeks without a TV. I purchased a Sony Bravia on the 21/12/10 at a cost of $998. I live on my own in rural South Australia and for this reason my TV is very important to me. Over the next 7months the TV would intermittently turn off just after being turned on. However after hitting the on/off switch a few times the TV would resume normal function.

Living in a remote area with the closest service centre being 172kilometres away I could not guarantee that the problem would be observed by a repairer due to its infrequency in occurrence. On the 27/07/11 seven months after purchase the TV turn off and would not resume normal function. I contacted the place of purchased and told to ring Sony. TV was collected and repaired total time without TV 20days. Eighteen days after TV was return the same problem was experienced. At this time I expressed my concerns to Sony that this was a faulty machine due to the problem experienced since date of purchase and I requested a replacement. This request was denied. TV again sent for repair total time without a TV 35days.

With the upgraded conponent that was installed the TV worked for 5.5months then on the 19/02/12 for the third time same problem. I contacted Sony Mon 20/02/12 it took 4 days for Sony to contact me re; a solution. Sony was to again arrange for my TV to be collect and sent to repairer for a report. Sony had Thursday afternoon from 2.30pm, all day Friday and Monday to make these arrange however by 3.30pm Monday afternoon no arrangements had been forecoming. I travelled 172klms and delivered the TV myself. I phoned Sony at 4.00pm Mon to find out why no arrangements had been made to collect my TV only to be told by customer service that a return call from Sony Customer relations would take 24hours. 24hours later no phone call.

After waited a futher 20.5hours for a return call I again contacted Sony at 12.30pm Wed this time I was told by customer service that they would urgently request a return call from Customer relations. 4.00pm Wed 29/02/12 Customer Relations rang and informed me that they had the report from the repairs "same problem for the third time" and that a replacement TV would be sent to the repairer and then couriered to me. By Mon 05/03/12 still no arrangements had been made to send new TV. Tuesday 06/03/12 Sony Customer Relations Officer rang to tell me that I had to send an email giving Sony permission to keep my original TV and that I would accept a replacement. This was not asked on me 7days eariler when first informed that a replacement TV would be sent.

Another 7 day delay. I compiled immediately and was told via email that I would be contacted when TV was shipped and that from the time of shipping it would take 3-5days to reach repairer. TV was not shipped Wednesday 07/03/12 it is now end of day Thursday 08/03/12 and still not notification that TV has been shipped. So at this time the very best I can hope for is that the TV arrives at my home by Friday 16/03/12. This will be 25days since my first call to Sony for a problem that has occured three times in the past 7months and brings my total time without a TV to 11.5weeks. I have sent in a written complaint to Consumer Affairs. However, it was suggested that I also let someone know at Sony.

Comment (0)

I purchased a SONY VAIO laptop VPCEG18FG model in August 2011. Earlier I found that it was quite good to appear and light weight to carry, but over the time I found that besides being light weight the quality of the plastic material used in the laptop was not up to the mark . Many surfaces of the laptop just get pressed easily like its very thin layer and might break anytime.The materials used by other companies appear to be much stronger than SONY VAIO with almost equivalent weight and other features. Also the screen of the laptop has got very loose and also started moving left and right even after handling the laptop with so much of care.

I really thought that SONY makes world class quality products I strongly feel hat it isn't true. I am really disappointed to see such a trustworthy company making such low quality products. I don't no what to do further with my laptop as I am not sure what kind of problem might appear anytime in its surfaces. Please tell me what should I do now.

Browse reviews of other Electronics